Cumming
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

2013, Successful
Dr. Shapiro had genuine compassion, delicately expressed, and was truly with us along the way ... After 5 cycles at another top clinic in the country, that either failed or resulted in miscarriage, Dr. Shapiro read our chart, new exactly what to do and handled everything with his uncharted brilliance and delicacy. I respect him so much as a person. ... We used icsi and out of 9 embryos, 8 came back genetically perfect.
It was with one ultrasound technician who, unaware of a heterotopic pregnancy, raised her voice to me that I was "making myself bleed by coming in for ultrasounds," which, would have killed me had I not since I was bleeding internally. Additionally, 5 times RBA has transmitted the wrong insurance information and lost documentation of having been paid. ... The billing dept was short and rude, and though ultimately discovered they were in the wrong. It was a massive headache and somewhat traumatic
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro was truly compassionate, beyond careful, and perfectly funny. We care for him so much. After 5 cycles at another top clinic in the country, that either failed or resulted in miscarriage, Dr. Shapiro read our chart, new exactly what to do and handled everything with his uncharted brilliance and delicacy. I respect him so much as a person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Just do it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I remember that we lessened the amount of medication that I had been put on from another clinic. We used icsi and out of 9 embryos, 8 came back genetically perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
We had one nurse who was very harsh and incorrect about a complication that arose. Also, the billing team repeatedly billed things wrong, lost payments, never accounted for payments and were very rude despite being totally in the wrong every single time, not accounting for thousands of dollars.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The doctor is amazing, billing department was terrible to deal with. But it is worth it. Document everything that you pay, etc., and you will have to talk to insurance, etc. But I always felt like I was in phenomenal hands with doctors there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We had insurance coverage so it was minimal
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
It was with one ultrasound technician who, unaware of a heterotopic pregnancy, raised her voice to me that I was "making myself bleed by coming in for ultrasounds," which, would have killed me had I not since I was bleeding internally. Additionally, 5 times RBA has transmitted the wrong insurance information and lost documentation of having been paid. I also had to go through a third party doctor to get approval for payment because they filed incorrectly. Then was called two years later demanding payment, even though they were paid. The billing dept was short and rude, and though ultimately discovered they were in the wrong. It was a massive headache and somewhat traumatic
2010 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Slayden] treated us for our infertility, one time ending with tubal pregnancy (which he himself performed the operation to remove the tube - in fact he insisted upon it!), and the other two pregnancies ended with two sets of twins. He rejoiced greatly with us when we were able to get pregnant, and often told us of other cases that gave him great hope from his past. His staff, especially Nancy, were caring with all of our questions, and were certain to get back to us as soon as they could about any questions that we had. They never blew us off even with the silliest of questions.
They [the staff at RBA] are extremely passionate about their work, and want you to be just as passionate. They are very loving, and are easy to work with. One downside is that there are very little credit options or payment options, at least when we were there. This made is somewhat hard for us to pay everything, although we did. Second cycles are much cheaper, and freezing embryos is very very inexpensive.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden was very straightforward about the expectations and realities of our particular infertility. He made sure to tell us the risks that were inherent with our treatment, but was also optimistic about our chances of pregnancy. We almost always saw Dr. Slayden for appointments, and during transfers, he was present and was in complete control of the room. He also made sure to state his success rates versus the national average. Also, he made us feel at ease with him from the first visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Be open and honest with Dr. Slayden. He can see through hesitancy or lies.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden and his staff always treated us as a family member would do. We always felt more than just a case. He always was fair and straightforward without being mean or painful. He treated us for our infertility, one time ending with tubal pregnancy (which he himself performed the operation to remove the tube - in fact he insisted upon it!), and the other two pregnancies ended with two sets of twins. He rejoiced greatly with us when we were able to get pregnant, and often told us of other cases that gave him great hope from his past. His staff, especially Nancy, were caring with all of our questions, and were certain to get back to us as soon as they could about any questions that we had. They never blew us off even with the silliest of questions.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We used clomid at first to see if we could get pregnant that way. This ended up not being successful in getting pregnant. We ended up doing a full egg retrieval using various drugs that were very successful (38 eggs retrieved). We ended up using progesterone shots for four weeks before transfer, then for the next six weeks after implant twice per day. We also used a steroid shot before implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy was the best. She always was compassionate, but also stern to make sure we were following our care plan. She wanted us to have the best chance of success. She also made sure that we were coordinated with the pharmacy, as well as the business office.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The office does have pay to park at their facility in Sandy Springs (the one we went to). There is sometimes a bit of a wait for your nurse and doctor, but not long. They are extremely passionate about their work, and want you to be just as passionate. They are very loving, and are easy to work with. One downside is that there are very little credit options or payment options, at least when we were there. This made is somewhat hard for us to pay everything, although we did. Second cycles are much cheaper, and freezing embryos is very very inexpensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
We had costs for various procedures. Per our insurance, they covered everything UNTIL we had the prognosis of infertility. This was not a problem with the clinic, but rather our insurance. Dr. Slayden put off a full diagnosis until the last possible moment to allow insurance to pay for a great deal of our treatment. We had costs for the operating room for embryo retrieval, as well as for our embryologist. This was covered in a 'down payment', which was used up by the time we were finished. Costs for freezing was very low per year, and the second cycle was much cheaper than the first. There were no additional costs outside of treatment for the second cycle.
Scott Slayden
2012, Successful
He's [Dr Daniel Shapiro] very friendly and knowledgeable. He takes plenty of time and put my partner at ease too. Sometimes, even as an MD I didn't understand everything he was saying but my questions and confusion were quickly straightened out by him or his staff...I did agonist trigger, freeze all and had 5 normals from my group of 10 blasts out of of 18 embryos. Everything went exactly the way he thought too.
Though huge, RBA felt like a personal experience. They had just moved to their new office and my care overlapped both buildings. I was worried that the move would affect my outcome but I worried needlessly. The only complaint...the business office doesn't understand the clinical charges very well. Lots of confusion there.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He's very friendly and knowledgeable. He takes plenty of time and put my partner at ease too. Sometimes, even as an MD I didn't understand everything he was saying but my questions and confusion were quickly straightened out by him or his staff
He often runs late so don't be in a rush when you come. Expect to be in the office 2 or more hours for a first visit, especially if you have a complicated history
He explained EVERYTHING and took all the time we needed
My husband and I want at least three kids so IVF with CGH on our embryos made a lot of sense. I was predicted to be a high responder ( and I was) so we had plenty of embryos to work with. We could have done shots and IUI but the multiple birth risk was too high and we knew I might need an agonist trigger to avoid OHSS. I did agonist trigger, freeze all and had 5 normals from my group of 10 blasts out of of 18 embryos. Everything went exactly the way he thought too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Rossi)
Rossi was very kind and patient. I was pretty demanding and she took her time with me.
We spent about 20,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
The missed result was not that big a deal but I had to repeat a Hepatitis test for screening because the result was indeterminate and I had to be sure I was negative before starting. The business office charged me twice for the test but later the nurse straightened them out.
2004 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Toledo] really cares about his patients and gives personal attention even when out of town. Very thorough and never in a big hurry when talking...He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm. He is available for phone calls and seeks out information if it's not available. He shares his thought process with his patients...My uterine lining wasn't absorbing progesterone at the same rate across the uterus and he figured that out and tested the problem. I had my first at almost 36 and my last at 42.
Front desk [at RBA] isn't fabulous and you may have to wait for an initial appt. it's dr Toledo that's amazing, the clinic is good...[Nurse] She knew what the situation was most of the time and if not would check with doc and get back to me. Most of the time I spoke with the doc though which was awesome!...It's important to him that patients are taken care of and feel like people not sheep. He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
It's important to him that patients are taken care of and feel like people not sheep. He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm. He is available for phone calls and seeks out information if it's not available. He shares his thought process with his patients. I went through 5 IUI cycles,a fresh in vitro ICSI transfer, frozen cycle and pregnancy. I now have 3 boys ages 13,11, and 7. Two natural pregnancies after the first which was successful after an in vitro frozen cycle. My uterine lining wasn't absorbing progesterone at the same rate across the uterus and he figured that out and tested the problem. I had my first at almost 36 and my last at 42.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He is amazing!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He really cares about his patients and gives personal attention even when out of town. Very thorough and never in a big hurry when talking.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
What worked me in the end was his absolute dedication to the specific lab results from checking my progesterone levels even while out of town. He discovered in the end that not all of my cells were absorbing the progesterone at the same rate and therefore my uterine lining was inconsistent. He came up with this while out of town on vacation!!!! He himself called to check my levels.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Front desk isn't fabulous and you may have to wait for an initial appt. it's dr Toledo that's amazing, the clinic is good.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My insurance covered lab work and ultrasounds and some visits to doc, not the procedures themselves. It was 13 years ago so IVF was about 10,000 per cycle.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Don't recall. I transferred 2 first cycle with no success and then 4 on a frozen cycle and had a singleton pregnancy with no complications.
2004 - 2011, Unknown Success
Review of
I highly recommend Lisa Hasty. She was personable, communicative, professional and honest. Lisa was caring, warm, empathetic and I had complete confidence in her word and her medical abilities. She was committed to me, and did not push treatments on me, understanding all I had been through she recommended considering adoption rather than pursuing further treatment...We did the usual clomid, then IUI, then IVF. I had a history of ectopic pregnancies so when I had a positive pregnancy test she would follow my hormone levels very closely, and if the pregnancy was ectopic she would send me asap for a methotrexate (?) injection to end the pregnancy. I hyperstimulated on my IVF cycle and had to have albumen. I developed a cyst at one of the injection sites so she immediately switched the drug delivery medium. Had ICSI to increase number of embryos produced.
RBA was good - all of the nurses and staff were professional, competent, friendly, warm and compassionate. I only had a problem with one ultrasound technician, who was pulling out pictures of her kids to show us, and allowed a drug rep to walk in on me while I was changing for an ultrasound, Hopefully she is not there anymore...She [nurse at RBA] was wonderful, but unfortunately during my IVF cycle she did not get back to me in a timely manner to let me know my progesterone level was too low. It turned out her husband had committed suicide.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at RBA?
Trust in her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at RBA?
Lisa was wonderful with me. She was warm and empathetic.
Describe the protocols Lisa Hasty used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
She was wonderful, but unfortunately during my IVF cycle she did not get back to me in a timely manner to let me know my progesterone level was too low. It turned out her husband had committed suicide.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at RBA.
It was a long time ago, so don't completely remember, and we were fortunate to have primary and secondary insurers paying for some aspects of treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Just the two incidents. The nurse not calling me with my progesterone results and the ultrasound tech allowing a drug rep into the room while I was changing.
Lisa Hasty
Review of

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Toledo is great at listening to your concerns. If you don’t feel like something is right, he will immediately address it and change protocol if needed. He throughly answers questions and will address any concerns you have honestly...Our first IUI, we did low dose Letrozol and it did not work. Our second, we upped our Letrozol, got better follicles but never surged so we tried again. The third we did 7.5 and had great follicles but still no positive test. Currently starting IVF meds...
[nurses at RBA] Lack communication. I’ve had ultrasounds and never received an after call with no explanation as to why. When I started IFV, I had no where to start, requested multiple calls and no one would even answer questions until my full payment was made. Very frustrating that I had no clear direction...Front desk staff is amazing and as helpful as they can be. All of the ultrasound techs have been amazing and the doctors I’ve done procedures with have been very nice, helpful and happy to answer any questions...
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
If you don’t feel something is right, address it. He is more than willing to talk to you and make protocol adjustments.
Dr. Toledo is great, the nursing staff does lack communication and is not very sympathetic when you’re not understanding something or questioning your next steps etc
Iui about $1200 each, currently at $15500 for IVF not including meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
During one of my IUI cycles, the wrong amount of Letrozol was called into my pharmacy

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Toledo] is warm and friendly. Always includes my husband in the conversation and gives big hugs...My egg retrieval was rough. It was the max dose you could give someone to maximize their egg retrieval outcome. I had a lower AMH and that’s why he chose this. We did frozen transfers every time using lupron, estrogen, progesterone...He only likes to implant 1 at a time..
I felt like a number [at RBA] in some ways because I never actually talk to the doctor unless it’s for bad news, or my post IVF failure. But the nurses have always been great, and once I did talk to the doctor he treated us like family...They need free parking. After all the money you spend on IVF, it’s the least they could do! Other than that, I feel like it it a great place. It’s definitely not small a quaint. So you will feel part of masses, but it’s a great place.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He is warm and friendly. Always includes my husband in the conversation and gives big hugs. We have had a hard journey together, we don’t know why it’s not working but we are all trying to figure it out together.
Get a good relationship with the nurses.
I felt like a number in some ways because I never actually talk to the doctor unless it’s for bad news, or my post IVF failure. But the nurses have always been great, and once I did talk to the doctor he treated us like family.
My egg retrieval was rough. It was the max dose you could give someone to maximize their egg retrieval outcome. I had a lower AMH and that’s why he chose this. We did frozen transfers every time using lupron, estrogen, progesterone. As the transfers were failing we kept adding more medication such a prednisone and lovenox. We tried doing a uterine biopsy to test when my implantation window was. All of these procedures and still no pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennilyn )
I usually spoke to two nurses. Jennilyn and Lindsey. Lindsey was direct and to the point, Jennilyn was so sweet and compassionate all the time. She felt like a friend. Both good qualities for nursing. The made the perfect pair!
Describe your experience with RBA.
The need free parking. After all the money you spend on IVF, it’s the least they could do! Other than that, I feel like it it a great place. It’s definitely not small a quaint. So you will feel part of masses, but it’s a great place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Out of pocket expenses have been about 16,000.
He only likes to implant 1 at a time

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Best is the doctor that gave us our hope back in fertility. She has a clear path toward getting us our children and she is so dedicated to us...She’s an incredible doctor who has gone through IVF herself. She feels her patient’s pain and helps every way possible...I have unexplained infertility. Dr. Best ordered all the screenings and panels to come to a conclusion. We already did a SHG before meeting with her. She wanted a HSG where she found polyps and hysteroscopy to remove them.
The front staff [at RBA] could be a bit more helpful... and organized...R-Baby Guarantee program is $19,000 (included PGT testing and 7 retrievals)...Chrissi [nurse] is the best! She’s a perfect pair with Dr. Best. She understands the pain we’re going through and has always been caring and responsive...Getting everything together for your first consult can feel earth-shattering. There are a lot of terrifying emotions going into it all - but know this: you’re in the best hands
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is the doctor that gave us our hope back in fertility. She has a clear path toward getting us our children and she is so dedicated to us. We followed her from her other clinic because we believe in how she believes in us. We didn’t want IVF at first, but she made us both so comfortable. We love her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
It’s tough. Getting everything together for your first consult can feel earth-shattering. There are a lot of terrifying emotions going into it all - but know this: you’re in the best hands. She will help you, listen to you, and make sense of all this!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
I felt like a human. She’s an incredible doctor who has gone through IVF herself. She feels her patient’s pain and helps every way possible. I’m not just another patient.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I have unexplained infertility. Dr. Best ordered all the screenings and panels to come to a conclusion. We already did a SHG before meeting with her. She wanted a HSG where she found polyps and hysteroscopy to remove them. We were ready for IVF but Covid19 put a stop to our plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Chrissi Copeland)
Chrissi is the best! She’s a perfect pair with Dr. Best. She understands the pain we’re going through and has always been caring and responsive.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The front staff could be a bit more helpful... and organized. Outside of that, o haven’t had too many interactions with other staff at RBA just yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
R-Baby Guarantee program is $19,000 (included PGT testing and 7 retrievals). Copays covered visits ($50).
Sandy Springs
Dr. Rubin treated my husband and me with nothing but kindness. She took time to explain things where we could understand them and didn’t hesitate to answer any questions. At the time of my miscarriage, she personally called me a couple of times to check on me...For me personally, Dr. Rubin recommended single embryo transfer...
[staff of RBA] Medical assistant seemed a little short with me when asking questions. Nurse was very compassionate during miscarriage. Prompt communication via email, but phone communication was a little slow...Surgery center is also conveniently located in same building so egg retrieval’s and embryo transfers are performed in main office location.
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Very thorough- at my initial consultation it was obvious that she read all my medical records (size of a book) and had even made notes and marked pages. Very kind and explained all steps of the process and what to expect.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Write a list of questions before appointment so that you don’t forget.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Describe your experience with RBA.
Multiple locations makes it a little more convenient for people traveling from out of town. The doctor who is on-call performs the procedures. Some of the other doctors do not seem to be as personable as Dr. Rubin. Surgery center is also conveniently located in same building so egg retrieval’s and embryo transfers are performed in main office location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
I was accepted into the baby guarantee program. It was a flat fee that covered monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and embryo transfers. Medication was not included. If no live birth in 2 years, then we get our money back.
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
For me personally, Dr. Rubin recommended single embryo transfer.
Jessica Rubin
Sandy Springs

I mainly went to the Lawrenceville and Sandy Spring locations [of RBA]. I went to the Marietta office once (Dr. Best's main location). My experiences at Sandy Springs have been mostly well save for some issues with the billing here, they informed me I was not covered for something when I clearly was which was a huge frustration. After calling my insurance company they reached out to the billing at the office and cleared this up.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I came in as a PCOS patient not knowing if I would ever be able to conceive and came from a clinic where I felt as if I my opinion did not count. Dr. Best was very easy to communicate with and listened from the consult moving forward. During our first cycle she made very clear to us the risks and possibilities that could arise which made us feel both hopeful and allowed us to keep realistic goals in mind. We did manage to get a BFP on our first letrozole/trigger shot/IUI cycle, unfortunately this ending in early miscarriage. This has no bearing on Dr. Best, it was just nature doing what it had to do. But just knowing we got our BFP first try, let's us know she has us in the right direction. Thank you Dr. Best.
The wait time for an initial consult may take longer than you like, but with a bit of patience I promise it is worth the wait. She is very patient, kind and sensitive to your situation and you will not regret your decision to be treated by her.
Dr. Best has the best bedside manner of doctors I have seen on my fertility journey. She is direct and gives you realistic expectations while being able to relay the information in a manner delicate enough for the issue at hand. For this alone I am grateful for.
I had originally done an HSG with a previous provider, so Dr. Best wanted to do an SHG just to make sure all was well with my uterus itself and we also cofirmed my AMH levels. After clearing the HSG AND SHG she decided to treat me with a combination of dexamethasone, Letrozole days 5-9, trigger shot and baby aspirin. I came in for 2 ultrasounds about a week after my last letrozole pill to confirm follicle size. We did IUI 36 hrs after trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The nursing staff was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had and they were also sensitive to my situation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I mainly went to the Lawrenceville and Sandy Spring locations. I went to the Marietta office once (Dr. Best's main location). My experiences at Sandy Springs have been mostly well save for some issues with the billing here, they informed me I was not covered for something when I clearly was which was a huge frustration. After calling my insurance company they reached out to the billing at the office and cleared this up. My only issue with the one appointment I had at the Marietta office is they were a little late returning from lunch, my appt was right at the time they are to return from lunch and I waited in the hall for about 15mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
My insurance covered most of my expenses. Without insurance I believe a letrozole/IUI is aprox 1000.00 per cycle.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment...It was a high-risk pregnancy due to my age and my husband's chromosome displacement. I had hysteroscopy (due to previous miscarriages), endometrial scratching (to stimulate uterus for IVF transfer), took synthroid to control my thyroid, and we used injections (progesterone, estrogen, etc) to prepare my body for pregnancy and beyond.
RBA is highly organized and well-run IVF clinic. The staff is super friendly and they know you on a first name basis...Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000...Karen and Amy were extremely polite and effective in communicating and responding to any questions I had...Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is trustworthy and an expert in his field. He gave us confidence that we needed throughout the IVF treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
Excellent communication when it came to the treatment and process that I and my husband had to undergo. All the steps were explained in the detail and the response time on our questions was prompt.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen and Amy)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000.
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Slayden] was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly...Compassionate, caring, great listener. Intelligent and the first doctor that was able to diagnose my condition. His knowledge and his experience gave us our family that we desired for. I had the best experience in such a short time with him & his staff... I started BC pills on day 2 of my period for 3 weeks. 2 Weeks after I started the pills, I started Lupron. I took 10 units of lupron daily for about 10 days then decreased to 5 units up until 6 days before my transfer.
RBA is very organized. They care for there patients with compassion and kindness. Great communication. They have created a frozen donor egg bank, called MyEggBank North America and an embryo donation program. They offer financing.... My nurse Jennifer was the best! She was always there to answer any question I had. She was very organized. And caring... He [Dr. Slayden] was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Trust him!
He was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly
I started BC pills on day 2 of my period for 3 weeks. 2 Weeks after I started the pills, I started Lupron. I took 10 units of lupron daily for about 10 days then decreased to 5 units up until 6 days before my transfer. At the same time I started Estrace. (2mg tab) 1/2 tab 2x daily for 5 days. I also started 81mg of baby aspirin. After those 5 days I increased the Estrace to 1 tab 2x daily then increased again 4days later to 1 tab 3x daily. 5 days before my transfer I added in PIO 1x day Doxycycline 2x day & Medrol 1x day. From transfer day on I continued Estrace & PIO. I don’t remember when I stopped the Estrace. The PIO I stopped taking at 12 weeks pregnant. I delivered a healthy baby girl!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
My insurance covered most of it.
Scott Slayden
2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was very straightforward and personal with my care. Gave me the facts and I respect that the most...Very straightforward and friendly. Read my history prior to visit and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Very sympathic when delivering bad news...Due to my age (38yrs) my eggs were considered old. The protocol was simple. Create eggs and inseminate them. We waited until day 5 to tranfer. 1st transfer we did 2. 1 became live birth other miscarriage at 9wks. 2nd and 3rd were frozen tranfers. 1 did not take. The other became chemical pregnancy. If I was to start a fresh cycle again at 40yr I was told he would put 4 eggs in. However my chances were so low due to age he would be surprised if any took. I am blessed to have been able to have 1. For me it became to emotional and expensive to try a fresh cycle again.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Very straightforward and friendly. Read my history prior to visit and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Very sympathic when delivering bad news. The end I have no more say and am writing to make 200 words as required
He is very straightforward even if you don't like what he has to say
He was very straightforward and personal with my care. Gave me the facts and I respect that the most
Describe your experience with RBA.
They we great. Always on time. Ultrasound nurse also amazing. Very open about what they were looking for or at. Clinical nurse very responsive to emails and training on medication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Insurance covered some. I paid out of pocket Aprox. $800.00 for medicine. I paid 5000.00 for each tranfer. And office visits they had a deposit for. I don't remember price. With out insurance coverage I believe it would be apox 15,000-20,000
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub might be lacking a little in the bedside manner, but he is very straightforward and I can appreciate that. My husband, however, didn't like it very much. He could seem callous at times, but things get very emotional and you have to tone it down a little to get on with things. He is extremely intelligent and an excellent dr.
RBA is a bit bigger office, therefore they are busier. Everyone was very nice, but there were still longer waits and more systematic testing. You usually see whichever dr. is on call or a nurse...VF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very smart and knows what he is doing. He may come off a little sharp, but he means well.
Egg retrieval used follistem, due to a big response, we froze the eggs/embryos for a frozen transfer. First frozen embryo transfer went great, positive test. Low BHcg, however. Saw/heard heartbeat at 6 weeks, 2 weeks later, no more heartbeat. D & C was done at 8 weeks. Did blood test to see if there was a clotting disorder with me and came back heterozygous factor V Leiden gene. Second transfer went great, again and added anticoagulant injections (heparin). First BHcg was a higher positive, 2nd Bhcg went down. Chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen Feagin)
Easy to communicate with, respond quickly and are very willing to work with you.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Big and busy, but very nice. Nice facility and nice people.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
IVF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Investment Banker
Dr. Mitchell-Leef is an excellent doctor. I trusted her opinions and judgment even though we did not have a positive outcome. I was mostly disappointed with the way our transfer went, which was done by a different, on-call doctor...Make sure there is a specific plan for your transfers/retrievals if she is not the one doing them.
RBA is a well-run machine. I felt comfortable with the clinic as a whole. They were not on the cutting edge of protocols though...The nurses were great and responsive.
How was your experience with Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
Make sure there is a specific plan for your transfers/retrievals if she is not the one doing them. Also, if she runs out of options, as she did with me given my lining was so thin - seek a second opinion. I went to CCRM after she said she didn't know what else to do. I even went back to her and told her they recommended we try viagra to improve my lining. RBA was not open to that protocol so I continued with CCRM out of state. I got pregnant on my first attempt with them and now have a healthy, 9 month old daughter, and two genetically tested embryos frozen for future transfers.
Describe the protocols Dorothy Mitchell-Leef used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
My protocol was pretty standard the first time. The second time, after my lining became very thin, they just tried progesterone to thicken it but we had little success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nurses were great and responsive.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA is a well-run machine. I felt comfortable with the clinic as a whole. They were not on the cutting edge of protocols though, as you see with a clinic like CCRM. In Atlanta though, I feel like they are the best option.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA.
Not sure - we had insurance coverage so most costs were covered, luckily.
Dorothy Mitchell-Leef

2013, Successful
I actually dealt exclusively with Dr. Straub over the telephone and traveled to Atlanta for embryo transfers. Each time we spoke, I found him intelligent and compassionate and felt I had time devoted to me to have any questions answered...At the point where I started working with him, I had been through 4 IVFs elsewhere, so I was well-versed on what the deal was. I was able to have intelligent conversations with him and left feeling informed...
I had a great experience at RBA - I actually have nothing bad to say...Cheley was responsive, pleasant and on top of things, and always got back to me quickly via email or phone when needed. The other nurses I dealt with were exactly the same...If you live out of town, it is possible to do it all remotely if you have been through the IVF/embryo transfer process elsewhere...
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I live in NYC and used donor eggs at RBA. I actually dealt exclusively with Dr. Straub over the telephone and traveled to Atlanta for embryo transfers. Each time we spoke, I found him intelligent and compassionate and felt I had time devoted to me to have any questions answered.
I was pleased that Dr. Straub didn't mind when I requested not to have to go on birth control pills prior to the transfer protocol. He also suggested an alternative to progesterone injections (Crinone) that my other doctor wouldn't let me do. He was flexible after hearing what I liked and did not like about my other experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Cheley)
Describe your experience with RBA.
I had a great experience at RBA - I actually have nothing bad to say.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
everything was paid for upfront.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Since I used donor eggs, I felt that my success was different than if I was using my own 41-42 year old eggs and since I did not want twins, I was all for the single embryo transfer.

2015 - 2022, Unknown Success
I have been with Dr. Shapiro for several years and have experienced a variety of outcomes, both good and bad, and setbacks along the way. He always clearly explains every step and is willing to go into as much or as little detail as you'd like...Would not do multiples...[he] not only knows the science but the emotional impact
Wait times [at RBA] are generally very low, which is great. Lots of flexibility for early morning appts. Patient portal is easiest way to communicate. They are typically very busy for new patients, but once you get in they are very accommodating. Phlebotomists are awesome...[nurses are] Very responsive over patient portal. Really difficult to get on the phone. Otherwise, really kind and tries hard to get the answers you need.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He can be quirky at times, so just go with it and appreciate a good laugh.
Dr. Shapiro is the kindest, most caring doctor. He is incredibly invested in your health and outcomes and not only knows the science but the emotional impact.
Agonist protocol for egg retrievals. Estrogen/progesterone for transfers
Describe your experience with RBA.
Wait times are generally very low, which is great. Lots of flexibility for early morning appts. Patient portal is easiest way to communicate. They are typically very busy for new patients, but once you get in they are very accommodating. Phlebotomists are awesome.
~$30,000
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Would not do multiples.

2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
I do not feel like we often had experiences with Dr. Toledo. We saw him for an original consultation - but he did not perform any of the three IUI treatments. We met with him after the failed IUI cycles and that was our second and last time meeting with him.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Find a doctor who will be there for you and to address your concerns.
The care team at RBA did was inconsistent. I saw different staff members at each visit. It was a quick in and out and no one seemed to have time to spend with you. I do not think anyone there knew my name. The whole place seemed so cold and sterile.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nurses were not willing to email with me when there were test results or for general questions. They said it was too hard to try and get to a computer and that they would just call at their convenience and I could talk to them then. The problem is that I am teacher and that does not work for me. No one was concerned about what worked for me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
We had two prescription issues at this clinic. Once one was never called in and the other time one was written for twice the dosage it was supposed to be written for. If the pharmacist did not catch the mistake, it could have been very bad for my ovaries. As for the clinic in general, there was very little compassion from the staff - both nurses and doctors. As a patient, my needs and my time were not valuable. It was all about them and what worked for them.

2018 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Rubin] Stated the facts plainly, which I wanted, but excellent care and bedside manner when I was grieving an outcome or expectation...Fully answered any questions I had, compassionate bedside manner, upbeat, but always forthcoming regarding risks/outcomes. She fully explained when or why we needed to change course and I always felt like a very active participant in the decisions and direction of treatment....
[nurse at RBA was] Very compassionate. Due to my incessant phone calls, she was the one to inform me of my chemical pregnancy. She handled the whole situation perfectly — looking back, I wouldn’t have her change a thing, given the circumstances...Appreciate the Piedmont location. It was easy to get in and get out. The office at Sandy Springs is also becoming more updated. The staff that handle transfers and the embryologists are also excellent!...
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Wonderful, kind, competent doctor. Fully answered any questions I had, compassionate bedside manner, upbeat, but always forthcoming regarding risks/outcomes. She fully explained when or why we needed to change course and I always felt like a very active participant in the decisions and direction of treatment.
Think about what matters to you — trying low intervention treatment first, trying to achieve pregnancy as quickly as possible, how much you’re willing to disrupt your life with medication and appts. Then she’ll work with you to help achieve those goals.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
Approximately 4K for ea transfer Believe egg retrieval was 10-15k
eSET due to risk of complications with multiples.
Jessica Rubin
Sandy Springs
I saw Monica [Dr. Best] at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination. Maybe it’s because it was held on a weekend. She was present for all of the informative appointments and I knew exactly what the treatment process would be like and what to expect next. She always makes sure all of my questions are answered and it’s almost like talking to a life-long friend.
They [RBA - Sandy Springs] are very knowledgeable with a friendly staff. They have many patents so sometimes appointments run longer than they should but that’s because they answer everyone’s questions and you never feel rushed or like you’re just a number....Cost for meds were about $100 - $200 and the insemination was $480.... I saw Monica at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I saw Monica at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination. Maybe it’s because it was held on a weekend. She was present for all of the informative appointments and I knew exactly what the treatment process would be like and what to expect next. She always makes sure all of my questions are answered and it’s almost like talking to a life-long friend.
She is amazing and very caring. She will answer your questions and make sure you are knowledgeable about the entire process.
She’s always warm and welcoming. She even gives hugs. She explains everything to me thoroughly.
She suggested we start with IUI and if we don’t have a successful pregnancy after 3 treatments to then consider IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Sierra)
She is very straight forward and responds quickly.
Describe your experience with RBA.
They are very knowledgeable with a friendly staff. They have many patents so sometimes appointments run longer than they should but that’s because they answer everyone’s questions and you never feel rushed or like you’re just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Cost for meds were about $100 - $200 and the insemination was $480.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Toledo is extremely personable and wants to help. He gets to know you and your partner. ... Dr. Toledo is an excellent doctor and very knowledgeable about the most current research and treatments. As someone who came to him with extensive research he was able to have a knowledgeable conversation and also communicate when he thought it was best I seek an alternate opinion with all the issues I had going on. I deeply respect him and appreciate his honesty.
Very expensive but Dr. is very knowlwdgable and experienced. ... Sometimes challenges with nurses [RBA Sandy Springs] but overall good. ... No matter what doctor you see, be your own advocate and ask lots of questions ...[nursing staff] Lack of consistency and attention to detail ... Great reputation and success rate ... Due to endo I used Lupron Depot to suppress my cycle before a FET.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Ask lots of questions and be an informed patient, he respects that in his patients. Follow your gut and if something doesn’t seem right to you then voice your opinion.
Due to endo I used Lupron Depot to suppress my cycle before a FET. Then after a chemical pregnancy got an ERA in addition to changing my protocol. Following a miscarriage and using an immune protocol discussed other options.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Lack of consistency and attention to detail
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very expensive but Dr. is very knowlwdgable and experienced. Sometimes challenges with nurses but overall good. Great reputation and success rate. No matter what doctor you see, be your own advocate and ask lots of questions
Sandy Springs

From the first time I met Dr. Toledo, he was very personable and took the time to get to know me and my medical history. He welcomes any questions I have and is very thorough in his explanations. He is always warm and friendly every time he greets me - even if our meetings are short, they never feel rushed.... He told me my left fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be surgically removed. He explained why this was the best option and also let me know that there was a small possibility he could need to remove the right tube as well.
The clinic [RBA Sandy Springs] is run very well. Initially, it was difficult to get an appointment set up but after I met with Dr. Toledo the turn around time has been much better. I think communication is good- however, I would personally like reminder phone calls before appointments.... From the first time I met Dr. Toledo, he was very personable and took the time to get to know me and my medical history. He welcomes any questions I have and is very thorough in his explanations.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
The first time I met Dr. Toledo, he was very straight to the point. He told me my left fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be surgically removed. He explained why this was the best option and also let me know that there was a small possibility he could need to remove the right tube as well. He understood that I did not want this to happen but agreed he could remove it if he thought it was best. Fortunately, during surgery he only needed to remove my left tube. I am currently using fertility drugs to help me ovulate and he has been aggressive about how long he wants to try this route.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is run very well. Initially, it was difficult to get an appointment set up but after I met with Dr. Toledo the turn around time has been much better. I think communication is good- however, I would personally like reminder phone calls before appointments.
Sandy Springs
Dr Toledo was not only my physician but my friend and cheerleader. He is so caring and compassionate and never gave up on us. ... Dr Toledo was so compassionate and never in a hurry ... He went the extra mile to insure he was always available for procedures. When I did finally get pregnant, Dr Toledo kept in touch and even paid us a visit in the hospital. He is truly a blessing to our family. ...
Nurses and communication can sometimes be a challenge. Lyndsey [nurse] is pretty good! ... MaryEllen at the front desk [RBA - Sandy Springs] is super. She makes everyone feel special ... Instructions and next steps are sometimes unclear ... Lisa Lovuglio was amazing. I couldn’t have made it through without her. She has left the practice now and it is not the same!! ...
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr Toledo was not only my physician but my friend and cheerleader. He is so caring and compassionate and never gave up on us. He went the extra mile to insure he was always available for procedures. When I did finally get pregnant, Dr Toledo kept in touch and even paid us a visit in the hospital. He is truly a blessing to our family.
It may take a while to get in to see him but he is well worth the wait!
Dr Toledo was so compassionate and never in a hurry. He always took time to answer all our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Describe your experience with RBA.
Nurses and communication can sometimes be a challenge. Lyndsey is pretty good! They’re not as detailed and compassionate as I expect after having worked with Lisa. MaryEllen at the front desk is super. She makes everyone feel special
Dr Toledo was open to transferring one or two and respected our decision to only do one at a time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Instructions and next steps are sometimes unclear
Sandy Springs
Dr. Shapiro takes a personal approach with his patients. Even conducting the ultrasounds each cycle. He is very personable and put me at ease. I would definelty reccommend him for anyone needing treatment.... We used clomid in advance of IUI. Also a trigger shot. Unfortunately, we were unable to go through with the IUI because my husband has retrograde ejaculation. His sample was not viable so the IUI could not be done. Our only hope is IVF.
When calling it [RBA-Sandy Springs], its difficult to manage the phone system and what number to push to talk to a real person. I finally got the hang of it, but it was a little frustrating at first. I eventually thought to ask the nurses in person for a better number instead of the main line.... They [the nurses] were very imformative and responsive. The hardest thing was getting through to them. Once they called back, they were amazing.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Stay on top of the financial aspect and info with your insurance and confirm with the Dr's financial office.
Dr. Sharpiro took his time and explained every single step in length.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They were very imformative and responsive. The hardest thing was getting through to them. Once they called back, they were amazing.
Describe your experience with RBA.
When calling it, its difficult to manage the phone system and what number to push to talk to a real person. I finally got the hang of it, but it was a little frustrating at first. I eventually thought to ask the nurses in person for a better number instead of the main line.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
With my insurance, I was quoted $3,000 out of pocket. And then medications $4k to $7k
Dr. Shapiro suggested transferring one single embyro at a time.
Sandy Springs

There was no methodical plan [with Dr. Toledo]...He did not perform necessary standard protocols for IVF. We were moved very quickly through the process and without much rationalization on the next steps...I would highly not recommend this doctor. We wasted time and a lot of money and he did not catch something that was highly influential to our success rate. It is beyond me why a very standard test was not performed by him so that he could identify a major problem. Instead, he did a transfer that failed and had no plan for next steps. He did not perform a very standard test that would of helped to increase our chances of pregnancy and a full term live birth by 100%. We are very disappointed with his lack of care.
[The staff at RBA was] Impersonal, not compassionate, rude, and not timely. There were 2 nurses I recall who were nice and friendly. The other nurses should not be employed at all. I don't recall their names but some had attitudes if you asked more that 2 questions...There was no methodical plan [with Dr. Toledo]...He did not perform necessary standard protocols for IVF. We were moved very quickly through the process and without much rationalization on the next steps...I would highly not recommend this doctor.
get a second opinion
There was no methodical plan. My second doctor could not make sense of his protocol.