Cumming
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

2010 - 2011, Successful
Never felt like a number.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
There are Dr. Toledo groups that meet and talk about how wonderful he is (seriously) his bedside manner is excellent, his staff is attentive, the follow up is fast. The lab is in the office- results same day most of the time. He never makes you feel paranoid, silly, or hormonal with your thoughts or questions (or need to have an ultrasound because you don't "feel" right) I have recommended many friends to Dr. Toledo. He's "the baby maker" and I'm forever grateful to him. I had history of miscarriages and he followed me through my successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Trust your doctor
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They always remembered who we were by name. Never felt like a number
Andrew Toledo
Sandy Springs
How was your experience with Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
I am a physician so I like directness. She is OK in bedside manner (she is not real touchy-feely) so that is OK with me. But she is EXTREMELY honest about your chances.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
She is not touchy feeling but you are getting the best clinic in Atlanta. I can say this since I am a physician and know that they have been doing this the longest. I got pregnant with my own eggs at 43 and almost 45 yo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
Timely communication
Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Michael Witt] talks a lot. Take all the notes you can. And ask for your record so you can look things over...My husband had to have several semen analysis done. Dr. Witt wanted to run several different tests. He also needed ultrasounds completed, which shown stage 2 varicocele. Dr. Witt conducted surgery. After 3 months, we went back and my husband is now on medication and supplements perscribed by Dr. Witt
Majority of the nurses [at RBA- Sandy Springs] have gone through infertility, as well. They know our struggle. They are Always so sweet to check on us and make sure we understand everything...I don't like the "office fee" every time we come. Esp when we have to due to a follow up. But infertility is expensive. At least they take some of our insurance...It can feel like you are just a number if you let it. But if you open yourself up the RBA, you'll see that it's a great fertility center. They want to succeed. They make us feel like it's possible to have our baby.
How was your experience with Michael Witt at RBA?
He is very nice. Kind be kind of awkward, but that's good personality. He's very smart and has a great deal of knowledge about MFI. We trust him completely to give us our miracle. He has won many awards in urology. He is one of the top doctors in the country!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Witt at RBA?
Take notes!!! He talks a lot. Take all the notes you can. And ask for your record so you can look things over.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Witt at RBA?
He seemed like he really cared for us. He wants the best/less invasive route.
Describe the protocols Michael Witt used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Majority of the nurses have gone through infertility, as well. They know our struggle. They are Always so sweet to check on us and make sure we understand everything.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Witt at RBA.
Michael Witt
Sandy Springs
[Dr. Slayden is a] Good doctor but tends to assume one knows all terms and numbers and doesnt explain unless specifically asked. Given this is such an overwhelming thing already. I feel putting everything as simple as possible is best way to reassure the patient that it is a team effort and they really are on your side...He said, he wouldn't want to do multiple transfers to avoid multiple pregnancies problems and end with healthy babies instead of premature risky births
All [nurses at RBA- Sandy Springs] were outstanding. They made me feel like I personally mattered to them and that my success was theirs as well... The one nurse in charge of drawing blood is too brusque and actually left a mark on my arm (in the many years I've had my blood drawn, it has NEVER happened) other than that, you will be in great care...Standard ivf process, egg retrieval, procedure of fertilization and PGD/S discussed realistic probabilities of success. 12 eggs, 7 embryos at day 3, 3 made it to day 5, 1 was normal
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Do your research about potential course of treatment before committing to it. It may push plans a month but it is better to know what you should expect, look out and hope for throughout the treatment protocol chosen.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Betts)
All were outstanding. They made me feel like I personally mattered to them and that my success was theirs as well
Describe your experience with RBA.
All are compassionate. The one nurse in charge of drawing blood is too brusque and actually left a mark on my arm (in the many years I've had my blood drawn, it has NEVER happened) other than that, you will be in great care
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Scott Slayden

2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Shapiro was the last of the five doctors I saw, and he was, hands down, the best: he treated me like an intelligent human being, a peer. He also got results...By the time I got to Dr. Shapiro, i was 42. But I got results! I'm now holding a child in my arms... Dr. Shapiro is smart, compassionate, and direct. He gave me as much time as I needed with him and explained things to me as an intelligent woman who could read and reason and research for myself...His strategy: be aggressive. At 40+, get as many eggs as you can. IT WORKED...
[The staff at RBA is] Incredibly competent! Downside: you have to pay for parking? Really, I have ZERO complaints, and I drove in from more than 3 hours away. I wish I had started at RBA...They [nurses] were great! Because RBA uses email, they are much more accessible, at all hours, than at other clinics...Dr. Shapiro was the last of the five doctors I saw, and he was, hands down, the best: he treated me like an intelligent human being, a peer. He also got results...By the time I got to Dr. Shapiro, i was 42.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Please see above. Dr. Shapiro is smart, compassionate, and direct. He gave me as much time as I needed with him and explained things to me as an intelligent woman who could read and reason and research for myself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Start with him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro was the last of the five doctors I saw, and he was, hands down, the best: he treated me like an intelligent human being, a peer. He also got results. I had more than 100 eggs retrieved (so many your survey did not accept my number). By the time I got to Dr. Shapiro, i was 42. But I got results! I'm now holding a child in my arms.
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
This really doesn't seem relevant, although I have the details. His strategy: be aggressive. At 40+, get as many eggs as you can. IT WORKED.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer (the other one has left RBA))
They were great! Because RBA uses email, they are much more accessible, at all hours, than at other clinics.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Incredibly competent! Downside: you have to pay for parking? Really, I have ZERO complaints, and I drove in from more than 3 hours away. I wish I had started at RBA. I don't know why I'm being asked to write more -- I have much more to say about clinics that I don't like.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
This is the only clinic I used that reduced rates for each cycle.
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
No comments. I went the safest route: one at a time.
Daniel Shapiro
2017 - 2019, Successful
[Protocol with Dr. Daniel Shapiro included] Antagonist protocol with an hcg primer Medicated frozen transfer cycle... explains everything in detail from a clinical perspective with pros and cons of each treatment and lets the patient make the ultimate decision. This is the approach I prefer, but I understand it may not be for everyone. While very clinical, he’s also very compassionate. While we would have preferred to not need the assistance of a reproductive endocrinologist, we enjoyed our experience with Dr. Shapiro and RBA and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
The nurses and care coordinator [at RBA] are so nice. There were miscommunications along the way as with any medical practice...Preference for eset, especially upon first transfer...Dr. Shapiro explains everything in detail from a clinical perspective with pros and cons of each treatment and lets the patient make the ultimate decision. This is the approach I prefer, but I understand it may not be for everyone. While very clinical, he’s also very compassionate. While we would have preferred to not need the assistance of a reproductive endocrinologist, we enjoyed our experience with Dr. Shapiro and RBA and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Do your homework before your initial appointment. Know some of the general terminology for treatments and come prepared with specific questions. Bring a notebook!
Antagonist protocol with an hcg primer Medicated frozen transfer cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The nurses and care coordinator are so nice. There were miscommunications along the way as with any medical practice.
Preference for eset, especially upon first transfer.
Daniel Shapiro
2019 - 2020, Consult
[Dr. Jessica Rubin] was very easy to talk. She explained how fertility and infertility works. She helped us to understand the tests and processes we would go through. She included diagrams to visually show how it all works! We arrived at our appointment and was seen right away.
[The staff at RBA - Sandy Springs] is very nice, everyone that works there are pleasant and always smiling! They make you feel comfortable when you arrive, until you leave. The environment is really nice. They get you in and out, with your appointments...They are excellent
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
She was very easy to talk. She explained how fertility and infertility works. She helped us to understand the tests and processes we would go through. She included diagrams to visually show how it all works! We arrived at our appointment and was seen right away.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Be open-minded
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
She was extremely nice and helpful with explaining everything
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
i have only done the tests - covid19 put a pause to our progress.
They are excellent
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very nice, everyone that works there are pleasant and always smiling! They make you feel comfortable when you arrive, until you leave. The environment is really nice. They get you in and out, with your appointments
Jessica Rubin

2015 - 2017, Successful
Only problem [at RMA - Sandy Springs] is communication but that is something I encountered will all other clinics . The place is clean , with new technology , the lab staff was very good explaining everything It was easy scheduling appointments...The one eset worked for me [with Dr. Andrew Toledo]...All my other multiple embryo transfers failed...He took all the time with us and really put effort into my case...Funny guy , makes the process easier with his humor and ease . He is willing to try anything and really listened to all my suggestions . I felt like we were a team . He made all our dreams come true by giving us 2 beautiful babies
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Never give up
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He took all the time with us and really put effort into my case
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I do not remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I really can’t remember the nurses well
Describe your experience with RBA.
Only problem is communication but that is something I encountered will all other clinics . The place is clean , with new technology , the lab staff was very good explaining everything It was easy scheduling appointments
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Average
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
The one eset worked for me . All my other multiple embryo transfers failed
Andrew Toledo