1800 Northside Forsyth Drive
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Rubin is an amazing doctor and makes me feel comfortable and she makes me feel like I matter. From the first time I sat in her office she has always made me feel welcomed and safe. She was very supportive during each cycle even the one positive pregnancy I had that ended in death. I recommend Dr. Rubin to all my friends...If you want to feel safe and feel like you matter Dr. Rubin should be your doctor.
RBA’s strengths focus on ensuring the patient is aware of what procedure will happen, how it will happen, and follow up is great. The financial office is not as informative about what is owed. I may come in for one cycle and do the ultrasound and not be charged and the next cycle I am asked for payment. It can become confusing. I’m not sure if I had a credit or what...The clinical team is very responsive and informative. Always professional and available to answer questions.
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin truly cares about her patients. After the passing of my son who was born 8/9/21 and passed the next day 8/10/21 she has been very empathetic and very supportive on trying to get me to a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Callie )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
IUI in 2021 was about $350 and I can’t remember how much ultrasound was IUI in 2022 is about $475 and I paid $215 for ultrasound Storage is $200
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I was told when insurance was verified that my insurance would cover the IVF and when it came time to start a cycle I was told different information. I was prepared to pay the discussed amount of almost $6000 but once I received that news it was disappointing and I did t have $20,000 to pay.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Toledo is great at listening to your concerns. If you don’t feel like something is right, he will immediately address it and change protocol if needed. He throughly answers questions and will address any concerns you have honestly...Our first IUI, we did low dose Letrozol and it did not work. Our second, we upped our Letrozol, got better follicles but never surged so we tried again. The third we did 7.5 and had great follicles but still no positive test. Currently starting IVF meds...
[nurses at RBA] Lack communication. I’ve had ultrasounds and never received an after call with no explanation as to why. When I started IFV, I had no where to start, requested multiple calls and no one would even answer questions until my full payment was made. Very frustrating that I had no clear direction...Front desk staff is amazing and as helpful as they can be. All of the ultrasound techs have been amazing and the doctors I’ve done procedures with have been very nice, helpful and happy to answer any questions...
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
If you don’t feel something is right, address it. He is more than willing to talk to you and make protocol adjustments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo is great, the nursing staff does lack communication and is not very sympathetic when you’re not understanding something or questioning your next steps etc
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Iui about $1200 each, currently at $15500 for IVF not including meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
During one of my IUI cycles, the wrong amount of Letrozol was called into my pharmacy

2019 - 2021, 15 Eggs Frozen
As a patient younger than 40 and older than 35, I was told the best treatment plan is to transfer a single embryo...Dr. Scott Slayden was very understanding of my questions and my concerns pertaining to my egg retrieval. If I needed to schedule an appt to see him, he would find the time to accommodate my schedule to get that going, whether it was in person or on a virtual appointment...I felt like I was treated like a human because there were consistency in the communication about how I would feel and what I needed to do if I felt uncomfortable in any way during the process
There were some discrepancies [at RBA] with when my procedure would take place and what the insurance would cover. I had a designated nurse/nurses who assisted my planning or communication of my medications and when to make the changes...The worst thing about the office is the phones and people answering the phones. As a patient, I found it to be very frustrating not being able to get a hold of clinician or staff when you need assistance with your medication or need to communicate to the team in reference to your care
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Scott Slayden was very understanding of my questions and my concerns pertaining to my egg retrieval. If I needed to schedule an appt to see him, he would find the time to accommodate my schedule to get that going, whether it was in person or on a virtual appointment. He truly had confidence in my case and his expectations were high and it turned out to be amazing results for me. On the day of surgery he made me feel comfortable and at ease letting me know that it was going to be ok and the procedure it self was approximately 30 minutes and before I knew it, I was in the recovery room waking up to my boyfriend (future husband), and Dr. Scott Slayden by my side making sure I was ok.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Make sure you understand you understand your procedure because if you do not it would be advised to speak to your doctor about the whole process, which the nurses will be able to assist as well. Know your insurance coverage, and keep track of every single detail of the whole process. Keep records of communication, medication delivery, cost of medication, and take notes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I felt like I was treated like a human because there were consistency in the communication about how I would feel and what I needed to do if I felt uncomfortable in any way during the process. Elizabeth the nurse always made sure to call me back if I left a message for the team through the portal.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I was on a standard antagonist IVF protocol treatment. I was on the two main gonadotropins: follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). These hormones can also be synthesized or purified in a laboratory and given by injection as fertility medications. HCG was used to trigger my final egg maturation, then The egg retrieval procedure was scheduled around 36 hours after the trigger shot. Quality control throughout the entire process was very important to me with in vitro fertilization. One of the ways they improve quality control in the program is by using highly specialized ultrasound equipment. When I went in for my scans, I was measured and the follicles were growing as indicated by my scan. When it was close to my procedure, I was so ready for my procedure because I felt so bloated and wanted to burst. I was able to retrieve 20 eggs and froze 15 mature eggs. In summary, my doctor chose this protocol because it is particularly useful for those at high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth)
Elizabeth the nurse definitely helped me with communication and planning of my appointments. One of the biggest issue I had with the team is the coordinator's communication/ mix up of my procedure which caused some issues with my insurance and authorization for my procedure. There were some discrepancies with when my procedure would take place and what the insurance would cover. I had a designated nurse/nurses who assisted my planning or communication of my medications and when to make the changes.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very prestige, clean, professional staff, several locations to meet the patients needs, and appointments were very flexible. The worst thing about the office is the phones and people answering the phones. As a patient, I found it to be very frustrating not being able to get a hold of clinician or staff when you need assistance with your medication or need to communicate to the team in reference to your care. I've had to file a couple a complaints with the business manager and it was very hard to deal with the communication and answering of the phones. They should do better with their phones. Its definitely one of their weakness.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
It was efficient and I had no issues with my monitoring appointments. My technician was thorough and explain the procedure and what would be the next step in the process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
My treatment cost was mostly covered by my insurance and my out of pocket expenses were about 2K.
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Since my eggs are frozen, I did not have an in depth conversation about the eSET options of transfers. As a patient younger than 40 and older than 35, I was told the best treatment plan is to transfer a single embryo. If I had to pick my options, I would prefer to a multiple embryo transfer to include two embryo transfer. He recommended a single transfer but I would love to have twins and start a family in a shorter period time frame in order to create a sense of a large family.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Communication, inconsistency with insurance and clinical communication, and coordinator not following up appropriately.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Best was always excited about the next steps in my treatment even when it wasn't what we expected...She reviewed my chart carefully as well as listened to my experiences from my previous clinic and miscarriages. She used that information to make sure my next transfer would be successful...Dr. Best's approach was eSet, however, with my age and previous miscarriages I requested two embryo transfers. She agreed.
Multiple locations [RBA] and early morning appointments were great. The staff was friendly. All the various techs from blood taking to ultrasounds to the front desk were great. The primary location was busy but they keep things moving at a good pace...A few times I had to call billings to make sure my claim was submitted but they were very responsive...[nurses were] Very responsive and answered any questions I had or took my questions back to Dr. Best. They would call or email with the answer....
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best was always excited about the next steps in my treatment even when it wasn't what we expected. She treated you like a real person and never was I afraid to ask questions. She reviewed my chart carefully as well as listened to my experiences from my previous clinic and miscarriages. She used that information to make sure my next transfer would be successful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
Come prepared with all your questions. She will answer them or get back to you with those answered. She listens well to everything you ask and even comments you make about your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best always remembered my name and the treatment plan she had set. Always checked on my care and never made me feel like I was not part of the plan.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I had three surgeries to remove adhesions, however, it was worth it. Dr. Best suggested a natural cycle as I would get pregnant on my own but would miscarry. The protocol was baby aspirin, Lovenox, estrogen, and PIO (both injections and pills).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Dr. Best's nurses were the best. Always were kind and understood the plan Dr. Best had outlined. Very responsive and answered any questions I had or took my questions back to Dr. Best. They would call or email with the answer.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Multiple locations and early morning appointments were great. The staff was friendly. All the various techs from blood taking to ultrasounds to the front desk were great. The primary location was busy but they keep things moving at a good pace.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
My insurance covered most of the care and my co-pays were very reasonable. A few times I had to call billings to make sure my claim was submitted but they were very responsive.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Monica Best

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Slayden] met with me and my husband and gave us the time and energy to understand everything...He is a clear communicator, although I am in medicine, and his nurse told me that many people don't understand him, so she went through everything again. There were a couple of comments that were difficult to hear, particularly an analogy of my eggs having rusty rails, but I like that it kicked my partner into gear to say that. His clinic staff have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak. I also liked that he didn't try to mess around with IUI and got right to IVF since I had recurrent pregnancy loss.
clinic staff [at RBA] have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak...[nurses are] Very compassionate, upbeat and comprehensive. Great communication...They also offer a guaranteed baby program starting at $19K, but given my age (37), my estimate, before review by the board, was around $29K...It's a lovely office in a nice building. There were no other patients there before or during our visit (to the best of my knowledge), which was really nice. They practiced excellent sanitary and confidentiality procedures. I was expecting them to draw blood during my first visit, but instead they sent me to Quest. Not a big deal, but it's good to know that they didn't do any diagnostics during the first visit.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I only met with him once. His clinic and staff are great. He is a clear communicator, although I am in medicine, and his nurse told me that many people don't understand him, so she went through everything again. There were a couple of comments that were difficult to hear, particularly an analogy of my eggs having rusty rails, but I like that it kicked my partner into gear to say that. His clinic staff have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak. I also liked that he didn't try to mess around with IUI and got right to IVF since I had recurrent pregnancy loss.
Bring your partner with you to the appointment, especially if they are on the fence about fertility treatment.
He met with me and my husband and gave us the time and energy to understand everything.
I haven't gone through a cycle yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
Very compassionate, upbeat and comprehensive. Great communication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
$18,000 plus medications ($4000-$7000). They also offer a guaranteed baby program starting at $19K, but given my age (37), my estimate, before review by the board, was around $29K.
Lawrenceville

Dr. Shapiro took the time to meet with my husband and I for an hour to discuss our specific situation and the best options. He was attentive and addressed out questions and concerns...He went over our medical history and was very realistic as to our situation. He was not overly optimistic but was also not discouraging. He offered concrete a strategies to address and potential back up plans...He went over our medical history and was very realistic as to our situation. He was not overly optimistic but was also not discouraging. He offered concrete a strategies to address and potential back up plans.
Everyone was really great at the clinic [RBA]! They were kind, compassionate and encouraging. My main issues was that it was very hard to reach someone fast or directly. I found that on a couple of occasions they did not seem to have my tests stored in an organized manner and seemed to not even know they were available...$14,100 for IVF...The office was always neat, clean and I never had to wait long to get my bloodwork our ultrasounds. The staff was very pleasant and encouraging. I did find that they were a bit disorganized with their paperwork and my test results. It was also very hard to reach someone directly and in an expedient manner.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I would highly recommend a consultation!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
My diagnosis was multifaceted- very low AMH, ovarian resistance and possibly poor egg quality due to my age (40). We went directly into IVF starting on the 1st day of my period with a relatively high dose of medications. Unfortunately my follicles did not respond to the hormone stimulation and we decided to cancel the cycle. On our follow-up appointment, we decided to attempt another round of IVF but starting the hormone injections 15 days prior to the start of my period. This decision was based on the fact that I had enough follicles, just not enough of them grew.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Everyone was really great at the clinic! They were kind, compassionate and encouraging. My main issues was that it was very hard to reach someone fast or directly. I found that on a couple of occasions they did not seem to have my tests stored in an organized manner and seemed to not even know they were available.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
$14,100 for IVF
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
I really liked Dr. Shapiro's thought process behind choices like these and found myself in agreement with his suggestions.
Daniel Shapiro

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Scott Slayden] seemed to care about my husband and I growing our family whenever met with him. He did not perform my egg retrieval and I was not aware that he was not going to be there. I had a lot of unanswered questions and felt he didn't follow-up...my protocol seemed to be very generic...didn't seemed tailored for me and my fertility issues...I didn't feel important at all...
the different locations they [RBA] provided and the appointment time are convenient to my work schedule...[nurses] didn't communicate...always losing my paperwork and that seemed to be the focus everytime I came to appointment...never organized...had to remind them where I was throughout my process...they double book patients...always rushing to get me in and out.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
He seemed to care about my husband and I growing our family whenever met with him. He did not perform my egg retrieval and I was not aware that he was not going to be there. I had a lot of unanswered questions and felt he didn't follow-up with notes from appointments to refer back to.
He's great doctor but please provide note for your patients to refer back to because somethings makes more sense on paper.
I was never followed up with written documentation throughout the process and I alway had to remind them where I was throughout my process or they would loose my paperwork and went multiple nurses and was giving different procedures. Felt very rushed!
my protocol seemed to be very generic. The proctor didn't seemed tailored for me and my fertility issues
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Carla but then it started changing every appointment )
you can tell they didn't communicate during my process. I would multiple nurse and they were always losing my paperwork and that seemed to be the focus everytime I came to appointment and never organized. It was a frustrating process and always rushing to get me in and out. They knock on the door during ultrasound sessions rushing the sonogram technician.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Some of the strength of this clinic is the different locations they provided and the appointment time are convenient to my work schedule. Some of the weaknesses include not the waiting time in the waiting room is sometime longer than normal because they double book patients. For anyone looking to receive services from this clinic have you questions ready and get ready to have multiple nurses. I wish you well!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
It was expensive a d differently not worth the price. I feel like I could have taken the money threw out the window. It was a waste!! I didn't feel important at all.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
The nurse failed to contact the pharmacy with refills and I told by one nurse to have certain type of sonogram done and then came back the next day only to tell I didn't that done.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Robert Straub] was very informative, but the consult felt like he was reciting a speech that hes given a million times and he spoke very fast...So far Dr. Straub did my consultation, but a physician assistant and nurse performed my diagnostic procedures. He was very informative. I have not gotten a chance to speak with him about the results of the tests and what we do next.
[The nursing staff at RBA] seem very helpful and attentive...So far Dr. Straub did my consultation, but a physician assistant and nurse performed my diagnostic procedures. He was very informative. I have not gotten a chance to speak with him about the results of the tests and what we do next...I was disappointed that I had to call to request my test results from the clinic and that they did not call me when the results came back from the lab.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Have all your questions ready to go before you get there and don't be afraid to interject if you need him to explain something again or in more detail.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very informative, but the consult felt like he was reciting a speech that hes given a million times and he spoke very fast.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I went to my consult with the desire to get information and start the process of IUI with use of a sperm donor. He went over all of the diagnostic tests that he recommends to make sure that I am a good candidate for the procedure. If all the blood work was normal, which it was, his suggestion would be to try a natural cycle IUI or Clomed + IUI (with a sperm donor). I also had a vaginal ultrasound and Femvue procedure which showed a uterine polyp. The PA doing the procedure recommended waiting 6 mo and repeating the ultrasound to see if the polyp had fallen out on its own, and when the nurse called with the blood work results, she said that Dr. Straub had written a note that I could schedule a procedure to remove the polyp surgically before proceeding with the IUI. I have not had the chance yet to have any additional procedures.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They seem very helpful and attentive. I was a little light headed after my Femvue procedure, and one of the nurses went to get some juice and search for a gluten free snack (I'm celiac) to help my blood sugar. She didn't end up finding anything, but she really seemed like she was trying.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I'm sure that the Covid pandemic is partially to blame, but I was disappointed that I had to call to request my test results from the clinic and that they did not call me when the results came back from the lab.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
The consultation was free of charge, my insurance paid for the blood work, and the Femvue procedure with vaginal ultrasound was $295.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
No opinion
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I wasn't called with my test results, and the PA and doctor gave conflicting opinions of what my next steps should be.

2019 - 2020, Consult
I personally wanted a doctor with high success rates and want the clinical information. I do not need warm fuzzy bedside manner. I just want the facts and no nonsense. So Dr. Straub was perfect! He doesn't treat me as a number per se but he also isn't hand-holding...He wants to do high dose injections, ICSI, 5 day embryos with genetic screen, ultrasound guided frozen transfer the next cycle, assisted hatching, and post-transfer course of steroids and progesterone.
[RBA Clinic] Strength: everyone is very professional, the facility and people are high quality Weakness: limited hours the clinic is open and limited phone accessibility with difficulty reaching a live person. They do have multiple offices in the metro Atlanta area for convenience...It is around 10k for if no insurance for just the egg-collection. If you have insurance they raise the price high enough that you end up paying 8k out of pocket. Labs and genetic testing are extra. Medications are additional and expected to cost 5-7k, then there are fees for egg/embryos frozen storage.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He is very matter of fact and wants you to have your baby through the way he scientifically knows it will happen. I was very pleased to learn that what he was recommending was in line with the best practices I had read up on. He is there for you if you are ready for IVF. He won't try to talk you into it but he really doesn't want to do other options when he doesn't think those things will be successful. But I prefer he to-the-point style.
Look for results, not hand-holding.
I cannot undergo IVF yet because of Covid-19 but I am in line for when it is allowed again. I am 35 with low ovarian reserve and my husband is 52. He wants to do high dose injections, ICSI, 5 day embryos with genetic screen, ultrasound guided frozen transfer the next cycle, assisted hatching, and post-transfer course of steroids and progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They are all nice on the phone but his office has very limited hours and it is difficult to reach anyone in person. I usually have to leave a voicemail.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength: everyone is very professional, the facility and people are high quality Weakness: limited hours the clinic is open and limited phone accessibility with difficulty reaching a live person. They do have multiple offices in the metro Atlanta area for convenience. The Sandy Springs is close to my work so I like that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
He appears to transfer the number recommended by the guidelines. It is age dependent and stage of embryo dependent.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Doctor Shapiro spends time with me answering questions with facts and studies instead of telling me no or yes. He has validated my want to be a mom and how hard it must be to be in childcare and not be able to have my own children...quick to answer questions with care...We’ve used 3 different egg donors, and when the cycles weren’t working with my husband’s sperm, they kindly asked for us to use a sperm donor. We’ve changed estrogen from pills to injections when the pills weren’t working for me
Communication at first [with RBA] was hard with trying to get all the correct paperwork for our checklist. We kept getting told we had it all done and then something else would need to be signed. We live out of state so we’ve had to get things notarized and mailed quickly bc of this and spent lots of money...We got a package that was $28,500 with eggs...Kelly was my first nurse and the most kind and validating person ever. I had issues with Diana’s communication (called and left me a voicemail telling me I had no surviving embryos)
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Knowledgeable and caring. He’s validated all my feelings, takes time to answer questions in detail and has fought the clinic for us when things haven’t gone well. I haven’t been able to stay pregnant yet but he has confidence and is going to keep helping us fight. He’s never acted like we are a problem.
Just be honest with what you need, he listens and truly cares. You’re not a number
Doctor Shapiro spends time with me answering questions with facts and studies instead of telling me no or yes. He has validated my want to be a mom and how hard it must be to be in childcare and not be able to have my own children. He and his nurses are quick to answer questions with care.
We’ve used 3 different egg donors, and when the cycles weren’t working with my husband’s sperm, they kindly asked for us to use a sperm donor. We’ve changed estrogen from pills to injections when the pills weren’t working for me. The rest has been same with progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Vann)
Kelly was my first nurse and the most kind and validating person ever. I had issues with Diana’s communication (called and left me a voicemail telling me I had no surviving embryos). Vann has been through infertility so she gets it in a deeper way. She emails me even when the office is closed and is always beyond helpful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Communication at first was hard with trying to get all the correct paperwork for our checklist. We kept getting told we had it all done and then something else would need to be signed. We live out of state so we’ve had to get things notarized and mailed quickly bc of this and spent lots of money.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We got a package that was $28,500 with eggs
Daniel Shapiro

2018 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect....I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered...We used a traditional IVF with ICSI. My protocol included Gonal F and Ganirelix. We had a very successful cycle resulting in 19 eggs and in the end we ended up with 7 healthy embryos...I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub.
The nursing team [at RBA] was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available...We paid for about $15,000 up front because our insurance did not cover anything and then another $3500 in medications...Strengths-knowledgeable, friendly, and warm. Evidence based and have gotten proven results. Weaknesses- they sometimes had a bit of a wait in the waiting room area. RBA is convenient because they have locations all across Atlanta which made it easy for to me pick the best location. During my time at RBAI was introduced to three different doctor who did performed a variety treatments on me. All doctors were knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I was very pleased with Dr. Straub and the nursing team at RBA. I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered and they were always available. I was very nervous and unaware of what to expect and they went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable.
It's okay to not know. Go in and have your questions ready to be answered.
Dr. Straub was personally referred to me by my previous doctor in NYC (Dr. Kligman). I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub. He was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing team was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available.

Investor
Dr. Rubin did not treat us like a number but it wasn’t very humanly either. She was not what we expected. As a person, doctor, let alone an infertility specialist. She had no bedside manner and she was offensive...barely explained the IVF and IUI procedure. She didn’t even take the time to educate us in depth but gave us the Spark Notes version of the explanation; uhm social media bloggers were much more helpful than Dr. Rubin. My husband and I did not move forward with her. We did not feel she was the right doctor for us.
The [RBA] receptionist is impolite... basically rude. Having a welcoming Receptionist is important. She did not help with the check in process. quest lab is on the same floor as RBA, which is convenient...Nurse Caitlin was fantastic. It’s a shame she is so kind and compassionate that works with a doctor who is the completely opposite...Choose a doctor and team that you feel comfortable with. Someone you will have faith in and you can trust in.
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Nurse Caitlin was fantastic. It’s a shame she is so kind and compassionate that works with a doctor who is the completely opposite. Dr. Rubin barely explained the IVF and IUI procedure. She didn’t even take the time to educate us in depth but gave us the Spark Notes version of the explanation; uhm social media bloggers were much more helpful than Dr. Rubin. My husband and I did not move forward with her. We did not feel she was the right doctor for us.
Dr. Rubin did not treat us like a number but it wasn’t very humanly either. She was not what we expected. As a person, doctor, let alone an infertility specialist. She had no bedside manner and she was offensive. First, she would not shake our hands because of COVID (understandable, although it was just being introduced into the US). She then proceeded to ask if my husband and I were related, immediately following “I have to ask legally”. And a few moments later she asked where we were from, as if she wanted to confirm we did not have COVID. She felt immediately uncomfortable when we told her we had not traveled outside the US in 3-4 years. She then talked about how she traveled Japan and China in November 2020 and talked about that for about 3 minutes....................... Our consultation was barely 15 minutes for $270.
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Nurse Caitlin was great. She was kind and compassionate . I wish I could request her at a different facility :’)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The receptionist is impolite... basically rude. Having a welcoming Receptionist is important. She did not help with the check in process. quest lab is on the same floor as RBA, which is convenient.
Consultation was $270.
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Sandy Springs

Our consultations went very well with Dr. Slayden. He was easy to talk to, humorous, and always explained risks and benefits associated with each procedure and medication...He has an analytical and conservative approach...whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor
While getting into RBA can be a communication challenge, once you are "in" as a patient you receive top-notch care...whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor...communication has been very fast and effective once you are officially an RBA patient. There were no mishaps and all calls/portal messages were returned promptly
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Our consultations went very well with Dr. Slayden. He was easy to talk to, humorous, and always explained risks and benefits associated with each procedure and medication. I never felt pushed in any way and was actually given the option of what protocol I wanted to pursue for transfer. I obviously trusted his judgement and went with his first suggestion, but I appreciated him giving me options and fully explaining risks and benefits that went along with it. He has an analytical and conservative approach which we appreciated.
Do copious amounts of research and education on your own so your time during consultations can be spent talking specifically about YOU and not general info about IVF that you could already learn about on your own time. Have your questions written down beforehand.
While getting into RBA can be a communication challenge, once you are "in" as a patient you receive top-notch care. I do remember trying to get initially scheduled took some time but communication has been very fast and effective once you are officially an RBA patient. There were no mishaps and all calls/portal messages were returned promptly. I really felt like all nurses, doctors, and office staff cared.
We were dealing with MFI so I had a very textbook and normal straight-forward protocol. BC for 2+ weeks, low dose HCG + Follistim for a few days, and then added in daily Ganirelix for the remainder of stims. Triggered with Lupron and had retrieval 2 days later. 21 eggs retreived, 13 mature, 9 fertilized, 6 embryos, 3 PGS normal. All frozen for a FET 2 months later. Transfer protocol was BC for 2+ weeks, daily Lupron injections ( I am a normal ovulator so this was added to prevent my body from ovulating on its own, resulting in a cancelled cycle), combination of Estrogen tablets + patches, and progesterone in oil injections. 1st FET was successful and I continued all FET meds until week 10 of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelby and Lizzy)
Nurses are the MVPs of this place. My nursing team (Lizzy and Shelby) was incredibly compassionate, great at communicating, organized, prepared me well, and I knew they were cheering for us. I also had a great experience with the blood draw nurse (I can be a hard stick and she was always gentle patient and kind) and ultrasound techs.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength: high end technology, large and can take many patients, top-notch nursing and office staff, lots of resources, helpful online portal, good location, industry leaders, never a long wait time for appointments, was comfortable and well taken care of in surgery and procedures. Weakness: would be nice to have met our doctor in person but we know this is due to Covid (whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor, this was not an issue for me though)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Retreival was $14,100, stim meds were $4000, genetic testing was $100 per embryo + $250 shipping cost (this was a 3rd party expense), FET was $4250 per transfer and transfer meds through 10 weeks of pregnancy were about $1200
RBA is a supporter of eSET due to their high success rates weighed against risks of multiple births, we were in agreeance with this
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Toledo was so personable! He was very honest and told what he expected from our situation...During the stimulation process, my body was slow to respond to the medications. He never gave up and allowed me to STIM a few days longer. My results were awesome and he stopped by after he did the retrieval to tell me what a great job I did!...always hugs me and shakes my husband’s hand. He’s a breath of fresh air during this difficult time...
A great strength [at RBA] is the front desk receptionist!...makes you feel so welcomed. The entire nursing staff are super helpful, friendly and personable even down to the phlebotomists!...[financial advisor] broke everything down and you were able to make payments...[nurse] was so excited about my results she called me already excited!!! They made this process really wonderful!
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
When I first met Dr. Toledo, he walked into his office and was very cheerful and gave off a wonderful positive vibe! As time went on and I completed the check list, we met with him again to discuss the next steps. He still was very optimistic and told me what protocol that he thought would work. During the stimulation process, my body was slow to respond to the medications. He never gave up and allowed me to STIM a few days longer. My results were awesome and he stopped by after he did the retrieval to tell me what a great job I did!
Go in open minded and trust his thought process on what he thinks will work out for you!
Dr. Toledo was so personable! He was very honest and told what he expected from our situation. He did the egg retrieval and was so encouraging. He stopped by and talked to us and told us my results after retrieval. He always hugs me and shakes my husband’s hand. He’s a breath of fresh air during this difficult time
I I had to take 300 IUs of Gonal-F, 2 times a day (one in the morning, one at night). I did this for 17 days. I also gave myself 0.5 ml of Lupron daily. My husband gave my my trigger shot HCG, which wasn’t bad. I had 18 eggs, 16 embryos, and 11 embryos were frozen. 2 embryos came back genetically normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The nursing staff was AWESOME!!! They communicated thoroughly and timely! When they would call after I did my retrieval, she was so excited about my results she called me already excited!!! They made this process really wonderful!
Describe your experience with RBA.
A great strength is the front desk receptionist! She is the greatest. She has the personality of the sweetest grandmother ever! She’s so nice and friendly and makes you feel so welcomed. The entire nursing staff are super helpful, friendly and personable even down to the phlebotomists! I can’t think of any weakness that I witnessed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Their financial advisor Tay was awesome! She broke everything down and you were able to make payments.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr. Toledo only wants to transfer a single embryo because of my age (41).
Sandy Springs
[Dr. Robert Straub] has taken the time to explain every step of the process, all our options, and providing guidance with our selected next steps. He's direct with his information and interpreting our diagnosis, but compassionate to our emotions when talking things through...Due to my diagnosis, [he] advised that IVF will give us the highest chance of success, but was open to us trying less invasive treatment first
I've interacting with several people in the nursing staff [at RBA], all have great demeanor...Only downfall is that I feel as though the records for what has been previously tested could be improved. I had to get bloodwork done a second time due to something not being tested the first time around...the clinic prefers to do a single embryo transfer...the answering machine provides clear communication that if you're calling after a specific time (I think it's after 2:00pm) that your message will be returned the next day
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr Straub has taken the time to explain every step of the process, all our options, and providing guidance with our selected next steps. He's direct with his information and interpreting our diagnosis, but compassionate to our emotions when talking things through.
Come informed: Cycle dates, dates of any procedures/GYN visits, family history.
Dr Straub (and his team) take the time to thoroughly explain everything and answers any questions you have. We never felt rushed, or pushed through, to the the next step.
My husband and I tried 3 cycles with letrozole, unsure on the dosage. We then tried 2 cycles with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. Due to my diagnosis, Dr Straub advised that IVF will give us the highest chance of success, but was open to us trying less invasive treatment first. Both letrozole and the timed intercourse was not successful, so we're currently moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I've interacting with several people in the nursing staff, all have great demeanor. Overall, it has been a great experience. Only downfall is that I feel as though the records for what has been previously tested could be improved. I had to get bloodwork done a second time due to something not being tested the first time around.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Right from the get-go, the answering machine provides clear communication that if you're calling after a specific time (I think it's after 2:00pm) that your message will be returned the next day. When I attempted to schedule my first consultation, I was a little frustrated with hearing that, but I quickly learned that it's a very small group of people at the Cumming location and they really do their best to get back to you ASAP. The whole fertility journey is a 'hurry up and wait' game, so what does it matter that it MAY be one extra business day before you hear from them? Kim is great (front desk)! You'll interact with her during each visit. She's encouraging, bubbly, and a wealth of information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
We're currently going through treatment. I would estimate that we've currently spent ~$2000 for testing, ultrasounds, medication. We have not yet gotten to the 'expensive' part.
Dr Straub said the clinic prefers to do a single embryo transfer, but I cannot remember the logic nor have I done further research on my preference.
Cumming
Dr. Slayden always made me feel welcomed and heard...Take plenty of notes when you go to appts, bc he does talk fast...We decided to do IVF with low dose HCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F...Due to my estrogen being too high, we had to nix the Fresh transfer protocol and move to a complete FET. He believed I was on the verge of having OHSS....currently 18 weeks, 3 days pregnant with our little girl!
I really enjoy the satellite sites compared to the main clinic [for RBA]. I feel like they were more personable compared to those at the home base. I went to Marietta and Cartersville satellite sites. I had to go to Sandy Springs (main clinic) for husband's appts, retrieval/transfer, and during the beginning of pandemic. The main clinic just has a lot going on, esp bc it is attached to a large hospital.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
As a patient, Dr. Slayden always made me feel welcomed and heard. He listened to what I had to say and what my needs were, then planned the best course of treatment to satisfy everyone. He was positive during every appt. I did not feel like a number under his care.
He is very energetic, so be prepared. But he is willing to do what is necessary to get you pregnant. Take plenty of notes when you go to appts, bc he does talk fast. He will answer every question you have to the best of his ability.
Dr. Slayden always asked about my husband when he couldn't make it to appts (esp during the pandemic). He would always take the time to ask about work, etc. He was always so caring and wanted to make sure we would become pregnant. He answered every question we had and made sure we understood our options. He also let us pick what WE wanted.
We started off with MFI. We were recommended to Dr. Slayden by my husband's urologist, who is also at RBA. We decided to do IVF with low dose HCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F as the medications for retrieval. Due to my estrogen being too high, we had to nix the Fresh transfer protocol and move to a complete FET. He believed I was on the verge of having OHSS and didn't want to risk anything. Then the pandemic hit, but we were able to have our FET in June 2020 (successful) and currently 18 weeks, 3 days pregnant with our little girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lacie Bean )
Lacie was an actual saint. She held my hand every step of the way, esp when my husband couldn't be there. She did everything she could to help the pregnancy along. She always called to check on me, held my hand when I cried, and made sure that I always had what I needed. I couldn't have gone through this without her. The other nurses and staff were great, too! Always friendly and willing to help!
Describe your experience with RBA.
I really enjoy the satellite sites compared to the main clinic. I feel like they were more personable compared to those at the home base. I went to Marietta and Cartersville satellite sites. I had to go to Sandy Springs (main clinic) for husband's appts, retrieval/transfer, and during the beginning of pandemic. The main clinic just has a lot going on, esp bc it is attached to a large hospital.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Whew. With any fertility treatment, it is expensive. Luckily, SOME things were sent to our insurance, but not all. Most everything was paid out of pocket (esp IVF treatment, meds, FET)
He explained to us the difference and due to my age, size (fairly small in weight and height), and the increased chance of having twins (or more), we all agreed that a single embryo transfer was best.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
There were a couple of times with my husband's results that they failed to call us and we had to call them to get them.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Best is the doctor that gave us our hope back in fertility. She has a clear path toward getting us our children and she is so dedicated to us...She’s an incredible doctor who has gone through IVF herself. She feels her patient’s pain and helps every way possible...I have unexplained infertility. Dr. Best ordered all the screenings and panels to come to a conclusion. We already did a SHG before meeting with her. She wanted a HSG where she found polyps and hysteroscopy to remove them.
The front staff [at RBA] could be a bit more helpful... and organized...R-Baby Guarantee program is $19,000 (included PGT testing and 7 retrievals)...Chrissi [nurse] is the best! She’s a perfect pair with Dr. Best. She understands the pain we’re going through and has always been caring and responsive...Getting everything together for your first consult can feel earth-shattering. There are a lot of terrifying emotions going into it all - but know this: you’re in the best hands
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is the doctor that gave us our hope back in fertility. She has a clear path toward getting us our children and she is so dedicated to us. We followed her from her other clinic because we believe in how she believes in us. We didn’t want IVF at first, but she made us both so comfortable. We love her!
It’s tough. Getting everything together for your first consult can feel earth-shattering. There are a lot of terrifying emotions going into it all - but know this: you’re in the best hands. She will help you, listen to you, and make sense of all this!
I felt like a human. She’s an incredible doctor who has gone through IVF herself. She feels her patient’s pain and helps every way possible. I’m not just another patient.
I have unexplained infertility. Dr. Best ordered all the screenings and panels to come to a conclusion. We already did a SHG before meeting with her. She wanted a HSG where she found polyps and hysteroscopy to remove them. We were ready for IVF but Covid19 put a stop to our plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Chrissi Copeland)
Chrissi is the best! She’s a perfect pair with Dr. Best. She understands the pain we’re going through and has always been caring and responsive.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The front staff could be a bit more helpful... and organized. Outside of that, o haven’t had too many interactions with other staff at RBA just yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
R-Baby Guarantee program is $19,000 (included PGT testing and 7 retrievals). Copays covered visits ($50).
Monica Best

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Toledo] is warm and friendly. Always includes my husband in the conversation and gives big hugs...My egg retrieval was rough. It was the max dose you could give someone to maximize their egg retrieval outcome. I had a lower AMH and that’s why he chose this. We did frozen transfers every time using lupron, estrogen, progesterone...He only likes to implant 1 at a time..
I felt like a number [at RBA] in some ways because I never actually talk to the doctor unless it’s for bad news, or my post IVF failure. But the nurses have always been great, and once I did talk to the doctor he treated us like family...They need free parking. After all the money you spend on IVF, it’s the least they could do! Other than that, I feel like it it a great place. It’s definitely not small a quaint. So you will feel part of masses, but it’s a great place.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He is warm and friendly. Always includes my husband in the conversation and gives big hugs. We have had a hard journey together, we don’t know why it’s not working but we are all trying to figure it out together.
Get a good relationship with the nurses.
I felt like a number in some ways because I never actually talk to the doctor unless it’s for bad news, or my post IVF failure. But the nurses have always been great, and once I did talk to the doctor he treated us like family.
My egg retrieval was rough. It was the max dose you could give someone to maximize their egg retrieval outcome. I had a lower AMH and that’s why he chose this. We did frozen transfers every time using lupron, estrogen, progesterone. As the transfers were failing we kept adding more medication such a prednisone and lovenox. We tried doing a uterine biopsy to test when my implantation window was. All of these procedures and still no pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennilyn )
I usually spoke to two nurses. Jennilyn and Lindsey. Lindsey was direct and to the point, Jennilyn was so sweet and compassionate all the time. She felt like a friend. Both good qualities for nursing. The made the perfect pair!
Describe your experience with RBA.
The need free parking. After all the money you spend on IVF, it’s the least they could do! Other than that, I feel like it it a great place. It’s definitely not small a quaint. So you will feel part of masses, but it’s a great place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Out of pocket expenses have been about 16,000.
He only likes to implant 1 at a time
Sandy Springs
Dr. Rubin treated my husband and me with nothing but kindness. She took time to explain things where we could understand them and didn’t hesitate to answer any questions. At the time of my miscarriage, she personally called me a couple of times to check on me...For me personally, Dr. Rubin recommended single embryo transfer...
[staff of RBA] Medical assistant seemed a little short with me when asking questions. Nurse was very compassionate during miscarriage. Prompt communication via email, but phone communication was a little slow...Surgery center is also conveniently located in same building so egg retrieval’s and embryo transfers are performed in main office location.
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Very thorough- at my initial consultation it was obvious that she read all my medical records (size of a book) and had even made notes and marked pages. Very kind and explained all steps of the process and what to expect.
Write a list of questions before appointment so that you don’t forget.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Multiple locations makes it a little more convenient for people traveling from out of town. The doctor who is on-call performs the procedures. Some of the other doctors do not seem to be as personable as Dr. Rubin. Surgery center is also conveniently located in same building so egg retrieval’s and embryo transfers are performed in main office location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
I was accepted into the baby guarantee program. It was a flat fee that covered monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and embryo transfers. Medication was not included. If no live birth in 2 years, then we get our money back.
For me personally, Dr. Rubin recommended single embryo transfer.

2018 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Rubin] Stated the facts plainly, which I wanted, but excellent care and bedside manner when I was grieving an outcome or expectation...Fully answered any questions I had, compassionate bedside manner, upbeat, but always forthcoming regarding risks/outcomes. She fully explained when or why we needed to change course and I always felt like a very active participant in the decisions and direction of treatment....
[nurse at RBA was] Very compassionate. Due to my incessant phone calls, she was the one to inform me of my chemical pregnancy. She handled the whole situation perfectly — looking back, I wouldn’t have her change a thing, given the circumstances...Appreciate the Piedmont location. It was easy to get in and get out. The office at Sandy Springs is also becoming more updated. The staff that handle transfers and the embryologists are also excellent!...
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Wonderful, kind, competent doctor. Fully answered any questions I had, compassionate bedside manner, upbeat, but always forthcoming regarding risks/outcomes. She fully explained when or why we needed to change course and I always felt like a very active participant in the decisions and direction of treatment.
Think about what matters to you — trying low intervention treatment first, trying to achieve pregnancy as quickly as possible, how much you’re willing to disrupt your life with medication and appts. Then she’ll work with you to help achieve those goals.
Approximately 4K for ea transfer Believe egg retrieval was 10-15k
eSET due to risk of complications with multiples.
Sandy Springs

Dr. Toledo was very honest and straight to the point with me, but at the same time, he was very personable and genuine with his delivery...he entertains transferring multiple starting at the age of 35...He always finds a way to connect with me. He uses humor to lighten the mood...He was very direct with how he wanted to proceed with my situation/case and didn’t waste any time making it happen...he encourages me to get second and third opinions if I feel that I need to
[The staff at RBA] were all very knowledgeable about the protocol and how everything goes. They communicated well with me for monitoring appointments and made me feel comfortable at all times...it is still very important to do your own research and stay on top of your situation...Ask questions and do your own research. Don’t be afraid to get other opinions
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He always finds a way to connect with me. He uses humor to lighten the mood and make things more personable. He is very knowledgeable about updated research and protocols. He recommended supplements for me to start taking to increase egg quality right away. And he is always open to hearing others’ opinions, my opinions and suggestions from my own research, and he encourages me to get second and third opinions if I feel that I need to. He has instilled a lot of confidence and hope in me and my situation.
Ask questions and do your own research. Don’t be afraid to get other opinions!
From the start, Dr. Toledo was very honest and straight to the point with me, but at the same time, he was very personable and genuine with his delivery. He was very direct with how he wanted to proceed with my situation/case and didn’t waste any time making it happen! I connected with him immediately and I feel very supported and “in good hands” with him and the whole RBA staff.
I started taking CoQ10 and DHEA for low AMH levels following my first appointment with him and he also had me do an HSG test. I have one open tube and one blocked tube. He suggested 3 rounds of IUI before proceeding to IVF, but my husband and I decided to jump right to IVF because of the success rates of the two and because of my good insurance coverage. I completed my first round of IVF this past March. I started the cycle with Lupron on day 1 of my cycle. I then did 300 units of Follistim am and pm in addition to the Lupron starting on day 2 continuing through day 12. I did an HCG trigger shot on day 13 and I had my egg retrieval on day 15. 10 eggs were retrieved, 8 of those being mature. 6 fertilized and 2 made it to blast. We sent the 2 off for PGS testing and both of them came back abnormal (chromosomes). We did not do a transfer. Both are still frozen but we will not be transferring them. I am gearing up for round 2 of IVF soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They were all very knowledgeable about the protocol and how everything goes. They communicated well with me for monitoring appointments and made me feel comfortable at all times.
Describe your experience with RBA.
A ton of patients walk through the doors of RBA everyday. Though the doctors and nurses are good at what they do, it is still very important to do your own research and stay on top of your situation. Call them and make sure you communicate well. Don’t leave it up to them. Take your situation into your own hands and make sure you do everything in your power to stay organized and on top of your treatment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My insurance covered most everything. I had to pay $900 out of pocket for my medication through Avella. And then I had to pay $1000 to meet my out of pocket deductible and then another $2000 for PGS testing. My insurance did not cover that.
We didn’t have any embryos to transfer but we were planning to transfer 1 because of my age (34). He said he entertains transferring multiple starting at the age of 35.
Sandy Springs

We had an initial appointment where he [Dr. Straub] explained thoroughly what can cause infertility and the course of actions that can come from it. I went through bloodwork and an HSG test to make sure my tubes etc. we’re not blocked...He wasn’t outwardly expressing that he was empathetic, but he also wasn’t showing that he had no empathy, he just acts more professional to fix the issue.
$100-250 range for consultations. A few hundred for HSG testing...They [RBA staff] are the absolute worst communicators and make everything extremely difficult because they never contact you on test results or next steps. If you do not call them to follow up, they simply won’t. It’s all up to the patient to coordinate the next steps and try to get any answers, which is very frustrating...
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very good at explaining things. Very nice doctor and straightforward without being harsh. We liked how he drew things out to explain and answered all our questions. He wasn’t outwardly expressing that he was empathetic, but he also wasn’t showing that he had no empathy, he just acts more professional to fix the issue.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, he will answer and explain well if you are confused or need more information.
He was personable and straightforward while not harsh.
We had an initial appointment where he explained thoroughly what can cause infertility and the course of actions that can come from it. I went through bloodwork and an HSG test to make sure my tubes etc. we’re not blocked. My husband went through several sperm tests as well as bloodwork. He came back low each time, low enough that IUI seamed to not be favorable. He was recommended to a urologist to try to get an answer on why his sperm results were not ideal and try to fix the issue to try IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Did not have much interaction, they were always so quick to be in and out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
I don’t remember exactly, but $100-250 range for consultations. A few hundred for HSG testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Same answer as before- They are the absolute worst communicators and make everything extremely difficult because they never contact you on test results or next steps. If you do not call them to follow up, they simply won’t. It’s all up to the patient to coordinate the next steps and try to get any answers, which is very frustrating.
2020, Consult
So our first appt was a phone consultation. We talked to him [Dr. Scott Slayden] for about an hour, and he really got to know us. I was surprised at how well the appt went just having it over the phone...Due to my age (35) he doesn't recommend IUI and recommends IVF for us so we can also freeze embryos and build a larger family later...
It is tough to rate [RBA] clinic during a pandemic. We had our consult, and his MA emailed us right away to contact them the first week of April for updates and unfortunately we couldn't do anything at this point. I have had trouble getting in contact with anyone since then, but all satellite offices are closed and the Main office is open, however I am unable to get in touch with anyone there. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not starting anything new.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
We have only had a phone consult to this point due to the coronavirus pandemic. He made us feel pretty good about our chances of conceiving via IVF. However due to the timing of everything we cannot get any tests or start any cycles at this point. So we are just WAITING and it stinks, but I understand.
We had waited a few months to get a consultation with Dr. Slayden. When it was time for our appointment the Coronavirus pandemic was just beginning and the office had closed. So our first appt was a phone consultation. We talked to him for about an hour, and he really got to know us. I was surprised at how well the appt went just having it over the phone.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It is tough to rate a clinic during a pandemic. We had our consult, and his MA emailed us right away to contact them the first week of April for updates and unfortunately we couldn't do anything at this point. I have had trouble getting in contact with anyone since then, but all satellite offices are closed and the Main office is open, however I am unable to get in touch with anyone there. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not starting anything new.
Marietta

Embryo Freezing
Love [Dr. Scott Slayden]. He is very compassionate. He does not sugar coat anything. He is very thorough and wants to see me succeed at becoming a mother. He always answers questions and gives any information that is helpful for his patients...I felt like a human. He is always super through with me...he is blunt and gets to the point which is what I want to know.
Treated like a patient not a number [at RBA], they know you my name here and you are not just a statistic. All staff her are very compassionate and care about the well being of their patients. This office is very organized and have good communication. All staff here seem to be very experienced...My nurse is very compassionate always willing to answer questions no matter how many I have.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Love Dr. Slayden. He is very compassionate. He does not sugar coat anything. He is very thorough and wants to see me succeed at becoming a mother. He always answers questions and gives any information that is helpful for his patients.
Trust your doctor. While you may not like what he has to say, he knows what he is doing so just trust his treatment and guidance.
I felt like a human. He is always super through with me. He does not sugar coat anything he is blunt and gets to the point which is what I want to know.
1st IUI - Letrozole- negative pregnancy test Moving own to IVF in May this will be my protocol Flare FSH 300/300/hCG 20/ICSI/freeze all at blast/No PGT due to young age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer (nurse))
Describe your experience with RBA.
Treated like a patient not a number, they know you my name here and you are not just a statistic. All staff her are very compassionate and care about the well being of their patients. This office is very organized and have good communication. All staff here seem to be very experienced.
IUI - $1500 IVF - $12,100. $4,200. $7,500
I have not made it this far yet. Still waiting on egg retrieval
2020, Consult
Dr. Slayden is a wealth of information and such a compassionate doctor. He understood our desperation for a baby and very clearly laid out a plan of treatment. He is both warm and factual, and put both my husband and myself at ease...He answered all of our questions patiently and thoroughly.
Dr. Slayden and his staff [at RBA] want the best outcome for you and will work with you to develop the right plan. Be prepared to hear a lot of big words and ask questions as much as you need to...Take notes at your consult. Dr. Slayden talks quickly because he has so much to say!
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden spent over an hour with us discussing his diagnosis and plan for treatment. He answered all of our questions patiently and thoroughly.
No protocol used yet, still in the waiting period.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Go in with an open mind. Dr. Slayden and his staff want the best outcome for you and will work with you to develop the right plan. Be prepared to hear a lot of big words and ask questions as much as you need to.