1800 Northside Forsyth Drive
(404)665-5722
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

I felt like a human because I was petrified going in. I am a bigger girl and there is A LOT of bias against obese women trying to get pregnant. Dr. Shapiro addressed it directly which was totally appropriate but also very gently and respectfully.... Dr. Shapiro will only transfer ONE embryo at a time. His reasoning for this is that it does not really increase liklihood of implantation versus multiple pregnancy outcome and complications associated with same. I would like to transfer more than one if available as I am hoping one round of IVF will be enough but I understand his rationale and I like him so much I would rather stay with him, even with his one embryo approach.
Strengths of this clinic [RBA- Sandy Springs] would be getting patients in to see the doctor quickly, waiting room time is short, front desk staff are kind and friendly and responsive to needs while keeping confidentiality a main concern. I have not really seen any weaknesses, we have always been accomodated, even last minute....Both nurses (Kelly and Diana) are responsive, kind and compassionate. They alternate working the phone and seeing patients in the office but it is so comforting to k lnow that you are seeing or talking to one or the other.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro is sensitive and caring and made us feel as if we were family, which i suppose you are to a degree when you conceive with his expertise and guidance! Dr. Shapiro explained the whole process overall and then explained our case with our factors specifically. He is laid back, very funny and you leave with a sense if being in good capable hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
One piece of advice I would give a prospective patient of Dr. Shapiro is to not be worried about what he may say to you. I was so nervous because I felt like the only obese person to walk in there but he was so respectful and kind. He really looks at the whole picture and does not judge his patients. You can feel secure knowing he has your best i terests and outcomes at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
In my treatment we did four rounds of IUI Dec 2018-March 2019. Protocol for treatment was an ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle to check ovaries and lining of uterus; Femara on days 5-9 of my cycle, testing for peak LH (Lutenizing Hormone) and since I never received a peak we did another ultrasound around day 14 to see if my follicles were ready to release an egg. HCG trigger shot was given to induce ovulation when egg was ready and insemination followed two days later.i would then have to wait two weeks to take a pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Diana)
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths of this clinic would be getting patients in to see the doctor quickly, waiting room time is short, front desk staff are kind and friendly and responsive to needs while keeping confidentiality a main concern. I have not really seen any weaknesses, we have always been accomodated, even last minute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We have great insurance and our out of pocket costs for IUI was about $400 each IUI including medications, ultrasounds, and insemination.
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Sandy Springs

Don’t feel like you are coming with too much history because you are not. Dr. Toledo will look at everything and anything you bring...He listened, took a look, and was appreciative of all I had provided...immediately took a look at my thyroid levels and put me on medicine. In his opinion, I should have been on it already. My levels were in perfect range after few short weeks...has exceeded every expectation I ever had of a RE...He had a bit of a waiting list, but I took that as I good sign. I
We qualified for the “baby guarantee” program [at RBA]. You and your spouse have to meet certain criteria pertaining to your health and specific tests to qualify. The initial fee for this program is 25k...The central clinic is great. Friendly staff from the second you walk in and there is always someone with you at any time. The great thing about RBA is there are several satellite offices...I can visit any satellite office for monitoring or labs and they all communicate.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo got to know my husband and I as individuals and not just patients. He wanted to know about our stresses in life, occupations, how our journey had been. Our first appointment was an open dialogue about what we had experienced. I was certain he would push IVF from the start. Isn’t that what they do at a reproductive clinic? To our surprise, he didn’t. After several appointments and honest conversations with Dr. Toledo we have decided to pursue IVF. I’m confident he has the hope that we do.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Come prepared. Don’t feel like you are coming with too much history because you are not. Dr. Toledo will look at everything and anything you bring. I predicted that I had a thyroid problem so I pulled blood labs from three years back (non related to fertility). He listened, took a look, and was appreciative of all I had provided.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo has exceeded every expectation I ever had of a RE. With a troubling and disappointing 2018, we scheduled and appointment with Toledo. He had a bit of a waiting list, but I took that as I good sign. I had four unrelated individuals recommend his name to me, so when our appointment day came I felt as though I was meeting a celebrity. Toledo sat with my husband and I and went page by page over our history. He was so compassionate and thorough. We left with a renewed sense of hope and peace. Every appointment since has been better then the last. Being in his care as where we are supposed to be.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Dr Toledo immediately took a look at my thyroid levels and put me on medicine. In his opinion, I should have been on it already. My levels were in perfect range after few short weeks. He ordered another sonohysterogram. I had one done a year before with my OBGYN but he wanted to run one again. I can’t even begin to explain how easy that procedure was at RBA compared to my first. The ladies at RBA explained that that was something they do daily whereas an OBGYN might know how to do it but they don’t practice it that often. Dr. Toledo also ordered a few tests on my husband so we could have the most current information. He then sat down with us and went through everything, thoroughly explained our options, and gave us his opinion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
At RBA we work with the same staff from the beginning to the end. Dr. Toledo has an admin who scheduled our first consultation and has always been available for general question. Then there is a separate young lady to go through our protocol, next medical steps, consents, etc... Tay is his financial contact. She had a separate meeting with us to talk solely about financing, insurance, and drug costs. We have also met a team of nurses and his medical assistant who have guided us through everything at this point. We feel like we are in really good hands.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The central clinic is great. Friendly staff from the second you walk in and there is always someone with you at any time. The great thing about RBA is there are several satellite offices. I live in the city but work about an hour north. I can visit any satellite office for monitoring or labs and they all communicate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
We qualified for the “baby guarantee” program. You and your spouse have to meet certain criteria pertaining to your health and specific tests to qualify. The initial fee for this program is 25k. The program lasts for two years or one live birth, whichever comes first. If this does not happen you get the majority of your money back. If you choose to leave the program you also get the majority of your money back. We looked at all options and financially this made the most sense. It’s a great program and we are lucky to be in it!

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Shapiro spent so much time with us discussing every aspect of our treatment plan. We expected someone as busy as him to rush us through the initial conversation, but he took his time and made sure every single one of our questions was answered. He was blunt in a way I appreciated and never seemed condescending or like he was judging our questions.
It’s a giant practice [RBA] - lots of doctors and a few different locations. While your specific doctor remembers your case and information not every single person at the office location will. One great aspect has been that pretty much everything can be done in house. From bloodwork to genetic consults and everything in between. I rarely have to go anywhere else to get a test done.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Very knowledgeable about what seemed like our very specific set of circumstances, which I think speaks to his overall expertise. He made us feel comfortable discussing topics we hadn’t discussed with anyone else yet. Most importantly he eased a lot of the concerns I had about whether or not it was even possible for me to use my eggs in our course of treatment. The only weakness I’d say we’ve encountered is that it took awhile to get the initial appointment-approx. 6 weeks - but we were lucky to have the time to wait.
Come in prepared with all your questions, he’ll have the time to answer them. Be willing to be open about exactly what your expectations are with him so he can set realistic goals for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
There was some initial confusion with the care coordinator on exactly what types of tests and blood work needed ordered for my first few appointments. But every other nurse in the office always worked extremely hard to get it sorted out when I was there. Everyone has been very responsive to emails and questions and we’ve never had trouble getting in touch with anyone.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It’s a giant practice - lots of doctors and a few different locations. While your specific doctor remembers your case and information not every single person at the office location will. One great aspect has been that pretty much everything can be done in house. From bloodwork to genetic consults and everything in between. I rarely have to go anywhere else to get a test done.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
He only does single embryo transfer - something we were ok with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
During the initial bloodwork and ultrasounds there was an instance of the care coordinator ordering the wrong ultrasound and ordering the bloodwork twice. It was frustrating in the moment but the nurse assigned to me that day was incredibly helpful about getting it all sorted out.

2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
Overall, I had a great experience with him [Dr. Daniel Shapiro]....He is extremely personable and will be very honest and upfront with you on treatment and potential roadblocks...He understands our frustration, but has changed the plan on us a few times. I will do whatever is best, and appreciate his explanations of treatment...He is extremely personable and will be very honest and upfront with you on treatment and potential roadblocks...He took the time to get to know me. I ran into him outside the office and he knew and said hi to me.
Strengths [at RBA] - doctors all truly care and are compassionate. Check-in and check-off staff are so nice. Check out system was down a few times during checkout, meaning I couldn’t pay and got a very large bill with all of my “past due” payments at once, which wasn’t fun. Be patient, as cycles take time...Some nurses were better than others. Some acted as though they hadn’t read my charts and I was practically telling them what to do. Some understand my case and advised accordingly...I showed up once for a midcycle ultrasound, and the ultrasound person said they had me down for a baseline
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Overall, I had a great experience with him. My first 2 pregnancies everything went according to his plan and I got pregnant very quickly. We are trying for our 3rd, with the same plan as before, and are having an insanely hard time getting pregnant. It is frustrating because to him, this is normal and is unexplained infertility, but knowing I got pregnant so easily the first two times makes this even harder. He understands our frustration, but has changed the plan on us a few times. I will do whatever is best, and appreciate his explanations of treatment.
I took Femara for each cycle, along with Progesterone shots, ovidril to trigger ovulation, and IUI
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths - doctors all truly care and are compassionate. Check-in and check-off staff are so nice. Check out system was down a few times during checkout, meaning I couldn’t pay and got a very large bill with all of my “past due” payments at once, which wasn’t fun. Be patient, as cycles take time.
One IUI cycle including medicine was between $2,500-$3,000
Sandy Springs
Dr. Slayden will give you a lot of information about pros and cons but will also give you the wiggle room to decide. ... Dr Slayden called me personally and explained why he wanted to cancel the cycle and do a hysteroscopy before proceeding just to make sure nothing in my uterus was preventing my lining from thickening after having a D&C earlier in the year. ... We were able to start the new more intense FET protocol the next day after surgery (uterus was all clear).
RBA went through a tough time in 2018 with a few doctors and staff turning over midway through the year. There was some initial confusion during the transition but I never felt my care was lacking during those few weeks. ... Lacie Bean at the Marietta office was the best when it came to treatment, compassion, and answers. She was always there with a smile and a good story whenever we would come in.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden is pretty easy going and gives patients room to make their own decisions in most cases unrelated to safety. He also was compassionate when delivering bad news or change or plans during a treatment cycle. Some of the information comes at you pretty fast so be sure to take notes and do your own research!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden will give you a lot of information about pros and cons but will also give you the wiggle room to decide. Make sure to weigh each option before starting treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
After going to another top clinic in Atlanta where we felt like a number we were pleasantly surprised by RBA. Although my initial doctor left the clinic midway through the year Dr. Slayden picked up right where she left off and continued treatment.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We started with Dr. Slayden right from egg retrieval. We followed the plan set out by my initial doctor which he agreed with. Stimming was rather uneventful as I was only on Gonal-f and ganirelix towards the end and triggered with lupron. From that cycle we ended up with 11 genetically normal embryos. We met with the doctor to discuss plans for an FET and created a plan about a moth after egg retrieval. I started on the course of medicines prescribed (lupron, estrogen patches) but on lining check day my lining was still quite thin a week out from scheduled transfer. Dr Slayden called me personally and explained why he wanted to cancel the cycle and do a hysteroscopy before proceeding just to make sure nothing in my uterus was preventing my lining from thickening after having a D&C earlier in the year. While extremely disappointed we agreed and were able to get the surgery scheduled within a week. We were able to start the new more intense FET protocol the next day after surgery (uterus was all clear). We transferred at the end of November and I am currently a week away from my second trimester. Can’t thank Dr. Slayden enough for letting us make informed decisions along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lacie Bean )
Lacie Bean at the Marietta office was the best when it came to treatment, compassion, and answers. She was always there with a smile and a good story whenever we would come in. I think we will probably miss her the most! All the other nursing staff and coordinators were lovely as well.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA went through a tough time in 2018 with a few doctors and staff turning over midway through the year. There was some initial confusion during the transition but I never felt my care was lacking during those few weeks. Now they are very prompt with appointments and answering calls back. I still never felt like a number here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
At RBA at the time a full cycle of IVF was about $14,000 not including medications and a frozen transfer was about $4000 not including medications.
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
For my age and number of embryos we were both pretty adamant about transferring one. I had done my own research and was uninterested in doing more than one embryo. Dr. Slayden and I agreed and the discussion around this topic was minimal.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Straub is a very “cut-to-the-chase” type of guy. He can come off very “dry” at first. But he explains the information well and thoroughly. We are still waiting to see the results of our first treatment with him. But he and his practice seem to pay detailed attention to our care. ... My husband also liked him for his straight forward and knowledgeable personality.
The clinic [RBA - Cumming] could use some more pep in their front of house crew’s attitude. We have never been super impressed with how we are greeted or spoken to when we arrive or when we call. The clinic does have things going for it like cleanliness, multiple locations, lab on site, spacious, etc. ... $1200 self pay for an IUI cycle. $250 for consultation.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very knowledgeable and explains treatment thoroughly, but can come off as dry. I can’t say I imagine him to have the best bedside manner, but I would say he’s trustworthy and takes his patient’s care seriously.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Don’t take it personally when you first meet him and he doesn’t seem thrilled to see you. Be patient and you’ll see that he draws out your entire care plan and explains your history to you. You’ll appreciate his knowledge and personality in the end.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is a very “cut-to-the-chase” type of guy. He can come off very “dry” at first. But he explains the information well and thoroughly. We are still waiting to see the results of our first treatment with him. But he and his practice seem to pay detailed attention to our care. So far, Dr. Straub has done nothing to rub us the wrong way. My husband also liked him for his straight forward and knowledgeable personality.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I had already been prescribed clomid and letrozole at my OB. But I had not yet done an HSG. And my OB didn’t think I needed metformin. The first thing Dr. Straub did was order the metformin 1500mg and HSG. It was clear. I took the metformin for a month and a half before we started a new cycle with a doubled dose of letrozole (5MG) and an IUI. We are waiting to see the results. But the actual IUI procedure was done by another doctor in the practice who was fantastic. Great experience. We feel heard and we feel this was the appropriate protocol for the moment.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic could use some more pep in their front of house crew’s attitude. We have never been super impressed with how we are greeted or spoken to when we arrive or when we call. The clinic does have things going for it like cleanliness, multiple locations, lab on site, spacious, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
$1200 self pay for an IUI cycle. $250 for consultation.
Cumming
Clinic [RBA] seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses.... Labwork- roughly 500 for spouse and I HSG-roughly 2000 IVF round- 15,500 Embry Tranfer- 4500 per transfer Meds- 4-5000 ( IVF cycle 3000 plus embryo transfer prep- mine were 5700) Additional Visits- 150 per visit
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin greeted my husband and I as people instead of patients. She introduced herself by her first name and really seemed to make a connection with us on a personal level. Due to our concern with our diagnosis, we saw her multiple times prior to making a decision on a treatment plan and those visits were more like therapy than clinical. She shared her personal beliefs and then discussed science. When we went into the retrieval, I was panicked about a low projected number of follicles the night before the procedure. Dr. Rubin called me at home at 8 pm when I was flipping out (she was not on call) just to reassure both my husband and I. She went above and beyond and made me feel safe in her care. I may need to do additional retrievals and I will only do them under her guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Be open to tough discussions- she will give you the information in a straight forward way
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin introduced herself to us and I knew she was going to treat us as people not a number. She remembered specific details about our lives that were unrelated to our treatment and made it a point to come visit us after our retrieval even though she wasn’t on call. In addition, she called and essentially talked us off the ledge when we almost backed out of Ivf due to fear. She engaged with me on a personal level that was beyond her clinical expectations as a provider. She truly seemed to care about our outcomes as a couple instead of statistic. Using her own experience with egg freezing, she was able to make a connection with me on a level beyond that of another RE.
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Initial worktop was diagnostic labs for my husband and I, HSG for tubal testing, and follow up saline sonogram. IVF for unexplained infertility. Ultrasounds starting on day 5 of Protocol cycle- every other day until retrieval. Retrieval day 14. CoQ10 recommenced for egg quality. Meds- Gonal 5-150 mg at bedtime, HCG in am (10 mcg for egg quality) for entire cycle. Add Cetrotide daily staring on day 7 to prevent ovulation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Clinic seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses. Overall, a great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Only single embryo transfer. Statistical evidence that proves that single embryo transfer produces higher success rates and safer pregnancies and outcomes for mom and baby
Jessica Rubin
Piedmont
Dr. Shapiro has a very goofy sense of humor, he really likes Star Wars and makes references that make me laugh when I feel stressed out. He is incredibly knowledgeable and we are so grateful for that...He can be more on the blunt side when it comes to diagnosing you and giving you your options...I'm grateful for what we retrieved (19!)... only transfer one embryo at a time due to risk of multiples...
Cossandra is the care coordinator [at RBA] and I really like her! Although you do have to wait for a return call, I find it easiest just to shoot her an email and she gets right back to me...[Monitoring] Felt like a pretty well-oiled machine. Bloodwork usually first and then the ultrasound...Overall I have no complaints about the clinic itself...The billing department was probably the most friendly department I was able to speak with, aside from the surgery staff.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He can be more on the blunt side when it comes to diagnosing you and giving you your options but that's not a bad thing in my opinion. You come to him for answers and he gives them to you. You should not get your feelings hurt when any doctor is giving you additional information related to what you already know.
From the initial consultation, Dr. Shapiro asked us how we pictured our family to look down the road. He was trying his best to get us into the baby guaranteed program but I produced more eggs than he was predicting. He reassured us the whole way.
So I was supposed to do a medicated IUI with LDHCG and GonalF but on CD 9 I had my bloodwork/ultrasound appointment and lucky enough for me, we couldn't almost 8 mature follicles. Unfortunately, that meant the IUI was too high risk and we converted our plan to IVF with a retrieval just days later. Triggered with HCG and although I did feel pretty terrible for about 5 days after retrievable, I felt better after that and I'm grateful for what we retrieved (19!)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Diana)
My primary nurse was Diana and she's very nice but sometimes didn't get the warmest feeling from her. I'm sure she's incredibly over worked given how popular Dr. Shapiro is but I guess from the nurses stand point I was hoping for a warmer feeling. Cossandra is the care coordinator and I really like her! Although you do have to wait for a return call, I find it easiest just to shoot her an email and she gets right back to me. I had to have some paperwork filled out for work to make sure I didn't get fired for the time off I had to take and she make sure everything was handled.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Overall I have no complaints about the clinic itself. I wish it was a little bit cheaper obviously but no problems! The billing department was probably the most friendly department I was able to speak with, aside from the surgery staff.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
Without the cost of medications, about $23,000
Dr. Shapiro and his clinic only transfer one embryo at a time due to risk of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
One time, one of the other nurses advised me that my follicles were bigger than they actually were. No biggie but I did get a little prematurely excited.
2013 - 2019, Successful
Scott Slayden takes an extraordinary amount of time with his patients. He listens, he talks with you as an informed patient who has a huge stake in their treatment, he offers up different solutions and paths to consider, and, above all, he is kind, compassionate, and caring while not sugar-coating the truth of the situation. He delivers news in a gentle, straightforward manner that gives you hope while also keeping a grasp on the reality of the difficult circumstances.
Their [RBA] absolute strength is the excellence of the embryo lab and it’s director, Dr. Nagy. It is world-class and has incredible results. Their multiple Atlanta-area locations are also a big plus. They are very willing to coordinate care with out-of-state patients. At one point, I was out-of-state and they were willing to have me do as much of the testing and monitoring possible with my local Dr before traveling to be seen at their location. During retrieval rounds this helped a lot.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I recommend Dr. Slayden every chance I get. He is very smart, up on the latest news, trends, and treatments, but not afraid to reach back to something tried-and-true if it might help the patient. I was a patient with a lot of complications, that kept getting worse. He was always kind, encouraging, helpful, and compassionate. More importantly, he is EXCELLENT at his job. He seems to enjoy the challenge of a patient who is not cookie-cutter and he has an amazing success rate. He is willing to go outside the box, willing to listen to patient’s ideas, will discuss different options at length, and will fight for a patient to have success. He stuck with us when other doctors may have given up or told us to stop trying. We regularly thank God for him. I recommended him to my best friend after she had failed attempts with an out-of-state clinic. I believed in his care so absolutely that I convinced her to travel to see him. And it was the right decision that resulted in a beautiful baby.
Even if you don’t live locally to his office, it is more than worth it to travel to be under his care. He is very willing to manage out-of-state patients. He is worth it.
I had had a failed fresh transfer cycle at another clinic and transferred to Dr. Slayden upon the recommendation of several friends who had had success with him. He recommended being strategic and aggressive with getting the most eggs and embryos possible, as quickly as possible. I had a very low ovarian reserve and had only 4 eggs retrieved at my first cycle with the first clinic, with a failed transfer of the one resulting embryo. He wanted to back-to-back retrieval rounds to get as many embryos as possible, freeze them, and then do a frozen transfer when my body was as ready as possible. We did that, got many more embryos, and then did a day-3 transfer that resulted in a pregnancy that unfortunately later miscarried. While my body healed from the miscarriage, we did another retrieval and froze all embryos to add more to the “bank”. We did another frozen transfer but my lining wouldn’t prep correctly, so we cancelled that, and he tried multiple rounds of different therapies and medications to help get my lining to respond. We attempted a “natural” transfer with a frozen embryo, timing it to my body’s cycle. That resulted in a good lining, but a chemical pregnancy. We took a break, attempted another frozen embryo transfer with a natural cycle and got our miracle boy. We had 3 more frozen transfers after him, all with “natural” protocols that times it to my body’s cycle (which doesn’t always work with the lab’s schedule, or our schedule, and we had to try different cycles before they would line up, but Slayden was willing to go that extra mile to get us our babies). That resulted in our daughter, and current healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
All of RBA staff are kind and compassionate, take time with their patients, and have genuine joy and heartache for you. I have not had a single bad experience.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Their absolute strength is the excellence of the embryo lab and it’s director, Dr. Nagy. It is world-class and has incredible results. Their multiple Atlanta-area locations are also a big plus. They are very willing to coordinate care with out-of-state patients. At one point, I was out-of-state and they were willing to have me do as much of the testing and monitoring possible with my local Dr before traveling to be seen at their location. During retrieval rounds this helped a lot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Over $100,000 because of multiple rounds of IVF, frozen transfers, surgeries, etc.
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Scott Slayden] explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
They [nurses at RBA-Marietta] are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient...Clomid check $470...Mid cycle ultrasound $200...IUI $600...I love that they have several different office locations and I can go to anyone for the ultrasounds and bloodwork. I wish there was more of a support network while in treatment. I think they have a group at the main office but it has never been mentioned. This process is hard physically and emotionally and wish they had more to offer in the way of a community feeling.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
He explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
This is a long process and you have to be flexible
The staff are great and try their best to Work with your schedule. Everything is explained well and they always get back to me when I contact them.
I am currently in the middle of the last cycle of IUI we can do before having another consultation and moving to other treatments. It’s been straight forward so far: Clomid check- iltrasound, clomid 2 tabs x 5 days then a mid cycle ultrasound and then IUI the day after positive ovulation test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Selena)
They are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient.
Clomid check $470 Mid cycle ultrasound $200 IUI $600
Those have not been discussed
Marietta
I saw Monica [Dr. Best] at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination. Maybe it’s because it was held on a weekend. She was present for all of the informative appointments and I knew exactly what the treatment process would be like and what to expect next. She always makes sure all of my questions are answered and it’s almost like talking to a life-long friend.
They [RBA - Sandy Springs] are very knowledgeable with a friendly staff. They have many patents so sometimes appointments run longer than they should but that’s because they answer everyone’s questions and you never feel rushed or like you’re just a number....Cost for meds were about $100 - $200 and the insemination was $480.... I saw Monica at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I saw Monica at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination. Maybe it’s because it was held on a weekend. She was present for all of the informative appointments and I knew exactly what the treatment process would be like and what to expect next. She always makes sure all of my questions are answered and it’s almost like talking to a life-long friend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
She is amazing and very caring. She will answer your questions and make sure you are knowledgeable about the entire process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
She’s always warm and welcoming. She even gives hugs. She explains everything to me thoroughly.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
She suggested we start with IUI and if we don’t have a successful pregnancy after 3 treatments to then consider IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Sierra)
She is very straight forward and responds quickly.
Describe your experience with RBA.
They are very knowledgeable with a friendly staff. They have many patents so sometimes appointments run longer than they should but that’s because they answer everyone’s questions and you never feel rushed or like you’re just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Cost for meds were about $100 - $200 and the insemination was $480.
Monica Best
Sandy Springs
Dr Straub is direct and open about his plans for you...He was warm but to the point. He didn’t waste my time or my money...I didn’t see Dr Straub as much as I saw his nurse and nurse practitioner...He believes I doing all baseline testing then coming up with a personalized plan. We started with clomid as I have PCOS. We did 2 cycles of monitored clomid, I had an ectopic then we moved on to femara. I am currently pregnant from my femara cycle.
There has been turnover [at RBA- Cumming]] since I became pregnant. While I was there I saw his nurse practitioner mostly and she was wonderful...Around $1000 per clomid/femara cycle including a trigger shot...Great communication, great office staff- very sensitive...They have plenty of cost effective options to try. The clinic experienced turn over in my last cycle so that was upsetting but the communication was still there...
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I didn’t see Dr Straub as much as I saw his nurse and nurse practitioner. The office always answered my calls and called me back in a timely manner. I did experience an ectopic pregnancy while under his care and his office was very sensitive about the situation. I loved the ultrasound tech, she always made me feel relaxed.
Do not hesitate to make an appointment and get started. Wish I had started sooner. 2/3 cycles ended up with a positive pregnancy test.
He was warm but to the point. He didn’t waste my time or my money.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
There has been turnover since I became pregnant. While I was there I saw his nurse practitioner mostly and she was wonderful.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Great communication, great office staff- very sensitive. Dr Straub is direct and open about his plans for you. They have plenty of cost effective options to try. The clinic experienced turn over in my last cycle so that was upsetting but the communication was still there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Around $1000 per clomid/femara cycle including a trigger shot.
Cumming
Dr. Slayden was very personal and positive with his words. He was very encouraging and honest. He made us feel right at home while speaking with him about the right plan.... You will meet with his NP a lot, but he is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does!... We met him once. He was very kind and genuine! He was very passionate about wanting to help us and had the right plan in mind. He also took in interest to our hobby while discussing wanting to know more about us which was cool.
Front desk rep [at RBA- Lawrenceville] isn’t very passionate or friendly. She seems frustrated a lot. She’s straight forward with not much personality. All of the other staff has been very nice and pleasant! The cost are a little high but hopefully it’ll be worth it in the end... Carla is actually the NP. She communicates back very quickly, tells me what I need to hear, listens to all my concerns and answers all my questions!
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
Describe your experience with RBA.
Front desk rep isn’t very passionate or friendly. She seems frustrated a lot. She’s straight forward with not much personality. All of the other staff has been very nice and pleasant! The cost are a little high but hopefully it’ll be worth it in the end.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Pretty expensive! It seems like every time I go in I’m spending $500 at each visit.
Lawrenceville

He [Dr. Shapiro] is a very knowledgeable and friendly. My husband and I right away felt good about our choice to go with him. He really cared and wanted to help us. He spent over an hour with us going over the treatment plan....Really cares about questions we might have and our needs.... He wants to do a SET due to my age and using a carrier.... Everyone I met [at RBA] was friendly and really cared about us.
[ RBA- Sandy Springs was] Very organized and easy to work with. Everyone I met was friendly and really cared about us. Everyone has a different role and they all worked together to help us. I would definitely recommend a friend to this practice....Super friendly. Always responded to emails and questions right away.... [Dr. Shapiro] Spent over an hour with us going over the process and treatment. Really cares about questions we might have and our needs.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He is a very knowledgeable and friendly. My husband and I right away felt good about our choice to go with him. He really cared and wanted to help us. He spent over an hour with us going over the treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Super friendly. Always responded to emails and questions right away.
Describe your experience with RBA.
He wants to do a SET due to my age and using a carrier.
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Michael Witt] talks a lot. Take all the notes you can. And ask for your record so you can look things over...My husband had to have several semen analysis done. Dr. Witt wanted to run several different tests. He also needed ultrasounds completed, which shown stage 2 varicocele. Dr. Witt conducted surgery. After 3 months, we went back and my husband is now on medication and supplements perscribed by Dr. Witt
Majority of the nurses [at RBA- Sandy Springs] have gone through infertility, as well. They know our struggle. They are Always so sweet to check on us and make sure we understand everything...I don't like the "office fee" every time we come. Esp when we have to due to a follow up. But infertility is expensive. At least they take some of our insurance...It can feel like you are just a number if you let it. But if you open yourself up the RBA, you'll see that it's a great fertility center. They want to succeed. They make us feel like it's possible to have our baby.
How was your experience with Michael Witt at RBA?
He is very nice. Kind be kind of awkward, but that's good personality. He's very smart and has a great deal of knowledge about MFI. We trust him completely to give us our miracle. He has won many awards in urology. He is one of the top doctors in the country!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Witt at RBA?
Take notes!!! He talks a lot. Take all the notes you can. And ask for your record so you can look things over.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Witt at RBA?
He seemed like he really cared for us. He wants the best/less invasive route.
Describe the protocols Michael Witt used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Majority of the nurses have gone through infertility, as well. They know our struggle. They are Always so sweet to check on us and make sure we understand everything.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Witt at RBA.
Michael Witt
Sandy Springs
Dr Toledo has been great to work with so far. I was so sad my original doctor left the office but he picked up right where she left off and it means alot . He was very direct but still warm with some very hard conversations... I was dealing with a number of issues ‘male fertility, low egg reserve , uterine fiboriids, blocked fallapian tubes and a uterine polyp. I used lupon and gonal for 14 days and then did an egg retervial . We were able to get 9 eggs. I had 5 embryos , two survived and I opted to do genetic testing. We ended up with one healthy embryo and I am waiting to do a polyp removal then transfer
They [the staff at RBA-Cumming] are very experenced and kind . its busy but they get to everyone . I had tons of questions and the made it a point to email or call back very quickly ! I am a little concerned as to why a few of the doctors left but I guess... The staff was so warm and Dr Toledo was kind... I was dealing with a number of issues ‘male fertility, low egg reserve , uterine fiboriids, blocked fallapian tubes and a uterine polyp. I used lupon and gonal for 14 days and then did an egg retervial . We were able to get 9 eggs. I had 5 embryos , two survived and I opted to do genetic testing. We ended up with one healthy embryo and I am waiting to do a polyp removal then transfer
You are in good hands
The staff was so warm and Dr Toledo was kind
Describe your experience with RBA.
They are very experenced and kind . its busy but they get to everyone . I had tons of questions and the made it a point to email or call back very quickly ! I am a little concerned as to why a few of the doctors left but I guess
2017 - 2019, Successful
[Protocol with Dr. Daniel Shapiro included] Antagonist protocol with an hcg primer Medicated frozen transfer cycle... explains everything in detail from a clinical perspective with pros and cons of each treatment and lets the patient make the ultimate decision. This is the approach I prefer, but I understand it may not be for everyone. While very clinical, he’s also very compassionate. While we would have preferred to not need the assistance of a reproductive endocrinologist, we enjoyed our experience with Dr. Shapiro and RBA and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
The nurses and care coordinator [at RBA] are so nice. There were miscommunications along the way as with any medical practice...Preference for eset, especially upon first transfer...Dr. Shapiro explains everything in detail from a clinical perspective with pros and cons of each treatment and lets the patient make the ultimate decision. This is the approach I prefer, but I understand it may not be for everyone. While very clinical, he’s also very compassionate. While we would have preferred to not need the assistance of a reproductive endocrinologist, we enjoyed our experience with Dr. Shapiro and RBA and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Do your homework before your initial appointment. Know some of the general terminology for treatments and come prepared with specific questions. Bring a notebook!
Antagonist protocol with an hcg primer Medicated frozen transfer cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The nurses and care coordinator are so nice. There were miscommunications along the way as with any medical practice.
Preference for eset, especially upon first transfer.
Daniel Shapiro
He's [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] a very caring and straightforward doctor who adds humor into his conversations with his patients...I felt very comfortable in his office and under his care. He didn't try to rush our meetings/ appointments; he understands the sensitive nature of what each patient is going through, and devotes his time, energy and patience to making them feel very care for.
The clinic [RBA] is very clean and everyone is super friendly and helpful. The wait time could be a bit shorter but other than this, everything runs pretty efficiently. The people at the front desk are very kind and courteous and the nurses go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and safe...[Dr. Shapiro is] a very caring and straightforward doctor who adds humor into his conversations with his patients.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Wonderful, caring trustworthy doctor who is funny and straightforward as well. I felt very comfortable in his office and under his care. He didn't try to rush our meetings/ appointments; he understands the sensitive nature of what each patient is going through, and devotes his time, energy and patience to making them feel very care for.
You are in very good hands.
He's a very caring and straightforward doctor who adds humor into his conversations with his patients. I really like him as a doctor.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very clean and everyone is super friendly and helpful. The wait time could be a bit shorter but other than this, everything runs pretty efficiently. The people at the front desk are very kind and courteous and the nurses go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and safe.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I've only had to pay my copay because I have yet to unergo any procedure.
Sandy Springs

Dr. Daniel Shapiro was great at addressing my and my husband's concerns and explaining the details involved for the surgery I had in 2017 to remove my left fallopian tube and clean the adhesions & scar tissue from endometriosis. He also has a great sense of humor, which helped alleviate my anxiety....Dr. Shapiro was very detailed in his explanations and, in particular, explained the next steps needed. He also helped me feel calmer before undergoing surgery. He is a forthright and direct communicator, which I appreciated.
RBA is a great clinic overall. They are easy to get ahold of and worked with us in scheduling a time to meet with the first available doctor and his team. I've had some issues with the billing office and my insurance company covering some items that should be covered...For the initial visit, my husband and I met with a nurse practitioner, who was very helpful in answering our questions and who showed compassion. After my surgery, I saw another nurse for the post-op visit, who was good, but not as great as the first nurse was.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Feel comfortable asking questions, even if you think they are minor or irrelevant.
Dr. Shapiro removed my left fallopian tube, which was blocked, and cleaned the adhesions and scar tissue present as a result of stage 3 endometriosis. I did not know I had endometriosis, but I did find that I had a blocked fallopian tube after having done the HSG test. The surgery was necessary to remove the blocked fallopian tube and to diagnose if I had endometriosis.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA is a great clinic overall. They are easy to get ahold of and worked with us in scheduling a time to meet with the first available doctor and his team. I've had some issues with the billing office and my insurance company covering some items that should be covered; however, I hope this can be worked out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
The surgery I had was around $3-4k, though most was covered by the insurance company. It was less expensive because the clinic has an out-patient facility. The office consultations were $100-$300/visit. The bloodwork was about $300-$900 for my husband and me. Most of these costs were covered by my insurance company, though we did pay money for co-payments and co-insurance. Right now, I have been billed by Lab Corps to cover the lab work done with our initial visit, which should've been covered by the insurance company. I have been in touch with the billing office; however, it has not yet been resolved. RBA needs to resubmit the claim with the diagnosis code that will be covered by the insurance company. The billing office person said they've had several of these returned claims and are working on handling them. However, this has been the most frustrating part of the process so far.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Toledo is warm and caring. He always comments on things in my life we’ve talked about in the past, I’m sure he doesn’t remember, he probably makes notes and then reviews his notes before our appointments BUT he takes the time to do that. He’s caring and compassionate. When my beta came back negative he called me himself and talked to me while I cried. He’s simply the best.
It’s a big clinic [RBA-Sandy Springs]. Things run smoothly and I’ve never had issues with billing or scheduling but I know some people are turned off by that big box feel. It doesn’t bother me. The admin assistant at the front is amazing. So kind and warm. The lab and ultrasound techs are also kind and compassionate. I always leave feeling happy.... Dr. Toledo’s main nurse, Krista, is amazing. She never seemed bothered by my calls or questions and she was kind and compassionate. He had another nurse or assistant, I don’t remember her name, who is also ok, but not quite as warm as Krista. But she wasn’t mean and she got the job done, just not with that warm fuzzy feeling. His NP is also great!
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Like I said before, he’s warm and compassionate. He is friendly and funny. He takes the times to answer questions and doesn’t make me feel rushed. When the first plan didn’t work he made a new one. He’s open to things I suggest or ask about.
Write down your questions ahead of time. Write down his answers. Know that once treatment starts you won’t see him frequently but he does look at what’s happening and have his nurse call with the recommendations and changes.
We did a cycle with follistim and ganirelix. I don’t remember dosages but do know that my dose never changed from the starting dose bc I responded well. They retrieved 19 eggs but only 8 were mature. Six fertilized with ICSI and one of the immature eggs did fertilize in the dish overnight. On day 3 the embryos looked good and they pushed me back to a day 5 transfer. On day 5 all the embryos had stalled in the day 4 stage so we transferred 2. Unfortunately, we didn’t get pregnant and the remaining 5 embryos died in the lab the day after transfer.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It’s a big clinic. Things run smoothly and I’ve never had issues with billing or scheduling but I know some people are turned off by that big box feel. It doesn’t bother me. The admin assistant at the front is amazing. So kind and warm. The lab and ultrasound techs are also kind and compassionate. I always leave feeling happy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
We had some insurance coverage so paid a deposit of about $3000 and about $2500 for meds. We also did two IUIs. We submitted one to insurance and maybe paid a couple hundred dollars out of pocket for that but I can’t remember exactly. The second one we paid for ourselves and it was probably about $2-3000
Sandy Springs

Dr. Straub is very matter of fact. He doesn’t give any emotional support. He did make a joke at the end of my second appt with him and it was kind of a shock because his personality is so straight forward.... He draws a diagram as he speaks and lays out all of the details for you. He answered all of my questions and was pretty patient with me because I had a lot.... We had a lot of tests run on me including amh level, hormone levels, femvue test
RBA is huge and it is a pretty well oiled machine. The most annoying part for us has been the billing office which took forever to return my calls or emails. Everyone else has been mostly kind. I had one rude person answer the phone but that’s all.... The nurses have been wonderful. They answer all of my questions and put up with my crazy. They tell me of their own personal experiences with IVF. They are quick to respond and always thorough. They made me feel like they cared.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is direct and to the point. He draws a diagram as he speaks and lays out all of the details for you. He answered all of my questions and was pretty patient with me because I had a lot. He is not emotionally supportive at all. I cried when he told us ivf was our best option and he pointed to the box of tissues on his desk and kept talking.
Go with this doctor if you want an efficient, smart doctor who will cater to your timeline. Get a therapist elsewhere.
We had a lot of tests run on me including amh level, hormone levels, femvue test and maybe more tests. My husband had to do two semen analyses and ultimately they found male factor infertility was the issue. Due to his numbers ivf using ICSI and a frozen transfer were presented as our best option. We are about to start the egg retrieval process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy C)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
So far we have paid about 13,000 but expect to pay 26 or so for IVF with ICSI.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
He recommended transferring only one embryo for us as it is lower risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
The only issue I had was they wouldn’t call with results as promised. I called every day that the results were expected to come and they would tell me the results but I rarely had them reach out to me.
Sandy Springs

He [Dr. Shapiro] is filled with knowledge about his profession. I felt hopeful and at peace each time we left his office. He gives 100% of himself to his patients. He answers any and all questions thoroughly. I wouldn’t trust anyone more with the future of growing our family than I do him.... I was given instructions to avoid alcohol and hot tubs before and after my IUIs. This prevents a rise in my body temperature potentially putting my inseminations at risk. He put me on an antibiotic to take Agee the IUIs to avoid any potential infection since the uterus is sterile and that barrier was crossed with the IUI process.
The nursing staff is excellent! They return all calls within the same day, spend time goingover results with you in person and on the phone if I call with questions. They show professionalism, love, and compassion every time I step in the office.... There are no weaknesses at RBA. This clinic is wonderful. The office staff, nurses, and doctors simply are amazing. I feel welcome and cared for each time I step in and out of that office. This office has made our process if unexplained infertility much easier with their love and care!
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He is filled with knowledge about his profession. I felt hopeful and at peace each time we left his office. He gives 100% of himself to his patients. He answers any and all questions thoroughly. I wouldn’t trust anyone more with the future of growing our family than I do him. He is a contributing factor to my mother in law’s IVF transfer which resulted in the live birth of my husband! He is a wonderful doctor!
Trust him wholeheartedly over any article or research you read, he knows exactly what he is doing.
He gives 100% of his time to his patients. Answers and elaborates on the treatment process. Answers all our questions thoroughly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing staff is excellent! They return all calls within the same day, spend time goingover results with you in person and on the phone if I call with questions. They show professionalism, love, and compassion every time I step in the office. They want my treatment to be a success just as much as I do and they provide me 100% of their time always.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Unexplained infertility is not covered under insurance. We have spent an estimated $5,000 in bloodwork, ultrasounds, IUIs, and consults.
He is the professional when it comes to any and all fertility treatments. Having suffered two miscarriages naturally, now under his care I know he knows what is best for my body and the potential risks that come with multiple transfers. I trust him 100% in his approach to eSET.
Sandy Springs

She [Dr. Pavna Brahma] is very sweet and reassuring of the process...Dr. Brahma is very compassionate and knowledgeable. I feel like some extra communication could have been better for example I did not realized that eggs were graded and actually asked afterwards and then was explained... I responded very well during the egg retrieval. I produced 15 eggs. 10 mature. 7 eggs fertilized. 5 made it to the 5 day blastocyst stage. After genetically testing those 3 came back normal. My transfer protocol was 10cc Lupron then down to 5.
I had my Pap smear sent to the clinic [RBA] but it got lost and delayed my getting my medications and I did not find out till It was past time for me the have my medications. No one called to follow up with me...Approximately $14k for the retrieval process. Then an additional cost of a choice of $4k for one embryo transfer or $6500 for multiple transfers up to a live birth. The second round cost was unexpected and not communicated until it was necessary. I was not able to have My medications ordered until everything was paid upfront.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Be prepared to be very persistent and knowledgeable on the subject yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Dr. Brahma is great! She is very sweet and reassuring of the process. The process in general in regards to the office and getting people to call you back and give you all the details you need was less than great. I felt like I had to be on top of all phone calls and calling and or emailing several times in order to get an answer.
Describe the protocols Pavna Brahma used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I was on the highest dosage of meds for the egg retrieval and wasn’t expected to result in many eggs as my AMH was a .42. My egg retrieval was the highest dosages of Lupron and Follistim. The Lupron gave me migraines. Although the 2nd transfer using it maybe my body adjusted as I didn’t have the headaches like the first two times. I responded very well during the egg retrieval. I produced 15 eggs. 10 mature. 7 eggs fertilized. 5 made it to the 5 day blastocyst stage. After genetically testing those 3 came back normal. My transfer protocol was 10cc Lupron then down to 5. With Estrogen and Progesterone. My first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The embryo started to implant but ultimately did not. All my levels were perfect and everything should have worked but it didn’t. Additionally after the failed transfer I had a scratch biopsy and was put on antibiotics. My 2nd transfer is scheduled in 10 days. In addition to the medication I have been receiving accupuncture treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Crystal Alcantara)
I felt that they forget we don’t know the process of what is happening. There are some things you don’t know to ask or to do if you aren’t told or haven’t been through this before. Some vital information was not effectively communicated.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Again educate yourself on the process, ask a lot of questions,Take notes and be prepared to be the squeaky wheel. They should have someone on staff just to answer phones and answer questions. Calling and getting someone on the phone is an act of God. Most times I would have to call and email and call again and again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
Describe Pavna Brahma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
At first I really wanted to do multiple embryos in the transfer. Due to having a myomectomy in 2014 Dr. Brahma recommended that I only do one at a time due to the potential my uterus may not be able to take getting so enlarged. She also explained that if the uterine environment were to be the cause of a transfer not taking I would most likely lose both embryos in a multiple transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I had my Pap smear sent to the clinic but it got lost and delayed my getting my medications and I did not find out till It was past time for me the have my medications. No one called to follow up with me.
Pavna Brahma
Sandy Springs

Dr. Toledo has the best bed side manners I have encountered with a doctor.... the most compassionate doctor we have came across. He was very good at explaining the process and showed he truly cared as he was talking to us about our options.... I had a different doctor conducting my egg retrieval, hysteroscopy and then finally had Dr. Toledo conduct my embryo transfer.
Overall, I enjoyed coming into RBA. The front desk staff was always friendly and willing to help in any way they could. Strengths-Friendly, Good Communication, Great group of Doctors and Nurses Weaknesses-Paying for parking every time, Cost, Uncertainty... It was hard to get a grip of contacting the nurse team when I had a question at the beginning. Calling them is impossible. I learned soon after emailing my two primary nurses was the best way to get any of my questions answered.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo is the most compassionate doctor we have came across. He was very good at explaining the process and showed he truly cared as he was talking to us about our options. My husband and I had a male factor infertility and he showed us that he cared and felt bad that I had to go through the medication and shots. He really showed his fatherly side when he truly felt bad that the woman had to go through everything regarding our situation. Dr. Toledo explained things thoroughly but it was hard to keep track of the language during the infertility process. He always explained when we asked so we were glad he took the time to talk to us in detail every time.
Don't be afraid to ask your questions. You are paying a lot of money, you have the right to clarify all of the details.
Dr. Toledo has the best bed side manners I have encountered with a doctor. He treated my husband and I like a true patient. He did pronounce my name wrong though.
First we went in for our IVF consult. We then had some factors checked out with the in house urologist. We then started the IVF Egg Retrieval Protocol. I took Lupron and Gonal F. I went in every few days for an ultra sound and some blood work. My estrogen level was out of this roof close to 6000. They found a fibroid or a Polyp so I had to do a frozen 5 day transfer as they said my uterine lining wasnt thick enough to hold the baby. I didnt have my egg retrieval until 14 days later. I also had a hysteroscopy done to remove the fibroid...which they discovered was only a polyp. That was good but also frustrating as I felt this could have been done closer to the time they discovered something was not right rather than closer to the transfer time. I had a different doctor conducting my egg retrieval, hysteroscopy and then finally had Dr. Toledo conduct my embryo transfer. I made sure it was Dr. Toledo. This is the frustrating part about an infertility clinic since there are lots of doctors on staff and their schedules and on call schedules are already set while your schedule is so unpredictable as every women is different with the protocol. Prior to the egg retrieval I had to take a baby aspirin, pre-natal vitamin, vaginal progestrone twice a day and estradiol patches every three days. All the medication put me on a very regimented schedule for 4 months! He did say if we were to do this again he would change the protocol and take out lupron and use another drug.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista and Lindsey)
It was hard to get a grip of contacting the nurse team when I had a question at the beginning. Calling them is impossible. I learned soon after emailing my two primary nurses was the best way to get any of my questions answered. They were very quick to answer when I emailed them. They were always on top of it. Krista and Lindsey were my go to nurses during the process. I enjoyed working with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Initially our cost was $10,000 where insurance paid 80% of it. Then, my insurance changed and nothing was covered. We then paid $4300 out of pocket for the Hysteroscopy. We paid $5000 out of pocket for the Frozen Transfer and $270 out of pocket for my HCG, Progestrone, Estradiol levels 10 days after the transfer. We also paid $6000 out of pocket for medication. We started with Aetna PPO then had Kaiser HMO. Kaiser didn't cover anything.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr. Toledo mentioned since I am little in stature and for the health of the mom to be and the baby it is safer to just have one embryo transfer. My husband and I agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I went in for what I thought was a Endometrial scratching. I asked the doctor who was about to complete this if he had taken a look at my latest ultra sound. He was unaware as the nurse team didnt double check and sent me in the doctors office to complete the scratch. I mentioned this to the doctor and he talked to the nurse team and decided he wanted to do an Hysterosalpingogram - HSG. I was fine with this as he double checked before conducting my scratch but at the same time I already completed one of these in July at my other clinic where the doctor saw the fibroid/polyp. RBA had these documents but didnt do much with it. Overall this was a frustrating appointment.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the [RBA] Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF.... Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
My husband and I opted for assisted reproduction after an unexplained miscarriage and inability to get pregnant again. Dr. Best listened to our story with compassion and took copious notes on our issues. She ordered every test in her "arsenal" to try and help us figure out what was going on. She explained the results of the tests and then explained our options (IVF v IUI, etc). I can honestly say that I enjoyed every appointment with her and actually looked forward to seeing her (something I can't say about most doctor visits). She kept my hopes up and was there for me during the difficult moments as well. She is a model doctor.
To be completely open and honest with Dr. Best about your fears and expectations and concerns. I had concerns about having a trisomy baby due to my age and Dr. Best reviewed with me how we could handle such a situation if it arose. She also had referrals to other doctors I could speak with (MFM's). If money is an issue, let her know and she will try to work out a treatment plan within your budget.
Dr. Best is one of the best doctors I've ever worked with. From the first moment we met with her, she was warm, she listened, addressed our issues and explained our options in a very clear and concise manner. She has called me on weekends and I even have her cell number (though I try not to use it!)
I can't remember the exact protocol used, but the first egg retrieval produced a disappointing three eggs so we banked those and did another retrieval that resulted in 12 more eggs! Using ICSI, we then created 12 embryos which we froze until I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection. She taught me how to inject the meds and how to make it less painful. She gave me samples when I was running out of meds and she was just awesome to work with.
Describe your experience with RBA.
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF. It's not cheap!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
We spent about $40,000 for two egg retrievals, three embryo transfers and this includes medicine.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
This was something I agonized over quite a bit. Dr. Best was good at showing me the ASRM standard for number of embryos transferred due to age, but she listened to my concern about multiples and helped me reach an informed decision each time on how many embryos to transfer.
Monica Best