1800 Northside Forsyth Drive
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Shapiro spent time reviewing what we'd tried previously that hadn't worked...He gave me the statistics but largely let me call the shots. He was concerned about making me happy, not about his clinic's statistics (and it paid off for both of us!)...He made me feel hopeful and confident. Even if we hadn't been blessed with our daughter, I would have been thankful to him for the opportunity he gave us (letting me try what I wanted to try, thereby erasing all doubt about what "could have been if only...")...
[RBA - Atl Main] Weaknesses: Have to pay for parking. Strengths: Everything else! Seriously, they are the best. Never had to wait long for appointments, was always able to get an appointment before work, they worked with me on a payment plan, ladies who drew blood were excellent, and my absolute favorite thing (especially after coming from ACRM) was that I got to see MY doctor after every monitoring appointment. This place is run so efficiently it's almost unbelievable...
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shaprio is smart, well-read/educated, compassionate, and trustworthy. He is an excellent communicator and by all appearances just a quality human being. It was SO refreshing to come to him after our nightmare of an experience at our last clinic. He made me feel hopeful and confident. Even if we hadn't been blessed with our daughter, I would have been thankful to him for the opportunity he gave us (letting me try what I wanted to try, thereby erasing all doubt about what "could have been if only...").
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
See him sooner rather than later!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro spent time reviewing what we'd tried previously that hadn't worked. He listened to (and agreed to) what I wanted to try differently based on research I had done. He validated observations that other doctors dismissed. He promised not to cancel pre-retrieval as long as there was *something* to go after. He gave me the statistics but largely let me call the shots. He was concerned about making me happy, not about his clinic's statistics (and it paid off for both of us!).
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
All three of my previous pregnancies had followed the use of a Z-pak. Although research says there should be no correlation, I knew in my gut there was so he treated me with both a Z-pak and Flagyl. Also, I strongly suspected my losses were related to some undiagnosed immune issue and begged to be treated with Lovenox. He agreed there were likely immune issues that the scientific community had not yet even identified, much less produced a test for, so he treated me with Lovenox. I am now the proud mommy of a beautiful 14-month old!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was an excellent nurse but not very warm-and-fuzzy (which was ok as I didn't need that at that point, especially since Dr. Shapiro is sufficiently so).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I was very fortunate to have insurance coverage that covered a lot. I think I paid ~$3,000 to RBA (plus some for meds that insurance didn't cover).
Sandy Springs

Dr. Straub seemed like a great choice at first. He answered all my questions and explained everything thoroughly even drawing diagrams. But when it came down to it he was just to cut and dry. My husband (who had a varicocoele and subsequent surgery)...his doctor said we definitely had options as far as treatments, but Dr. Straub made it appear like IVF was the ONLY way to go...He was very natter of fact about the process...not optimistic, or giving false hope....but more like this is how it goes...only that is the case when everything goes exactly according to plan.
Very efficient, good communication [at RBA - Atl Main]...open short hours though which can be difficult when calling....The staff was always wonderful...The head nurse Karen is excellent. I had another experience with a nurse Jenni that she lied. I asked if the Dr had received updated sperm analysis results and his recommendation was still IVF, she said yes. On my next meeting with Dr. Straub I asked him the same question directly based and the most resent Soren analysis results...he said he did not even have them yet.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub seemed like a great choice at first. He answered all my questions and explained everything thoroughly even drawing diagrams. But when it came down to it he was just to cut and dry. My husband (who had a varicocoele and subsequent surgery)...his doctor said we definitely had options as far as treatments, but Dr. Straub made it appear like IVF was the ONLY way to go. When asking if there was anything else to investigate on my end he was a bit flippant and said he could always find more tests to do. I was going to go ahead and do IVF and after try to look at treating any underlying issues, which I honestly felt he was overlooking due to the fact his goal is to get a baby and the way to do that was IVF regardless of any other issues. I ordered and received all the IVF drugs, but I couldn't go through with it because I just didn't feel comfortable with the decision and his pushiness of IVF over anything else. I should be at peace with my decision and happy to be starting to get somewhere on our fertility journey and maybe finally get our baby. Also after reading versions blogs on infertility and others experiences with egg retrieval I learned that some retrieval cycles are aborted for various reasons, which he never even mentioned as a possible outcome. He was very natter of fact about the process...not optimistic, or giving false hope....but more like this is how it goes...only that is the case when everything goes exactly according to plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Do not expect to get any emotional support from him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
The staff was always wonderful...Dr. Straub on the other hand was very blunt which is fine but not always the best attitude when dealing with a major decision such as IVF
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I first met with Dr. Straub to assess if I had any issues contributing to our infertility. My husband had a varicocoele and subsequent surgery to correct it. There was originally low motility with 20% acrosomal defects. The surgery improved his numbers and his specialist (within the same practice) said the numbers were good enough for various treatment options. Dr. Straub had me complete bloodwork and a FemVue. Everything turned out normal. I am on thyroid meds and that was ok. My AMH was low normal so he suggested IVF based on some low sperm results (bad sample). Even after a new sperm analysis with good numbers...still pushing IVF, and was flippant when I asked if anything else to look at on my end (due to husbands doctor reporting an increase of 10% natural conception to now 60% now after surgery...but still no success) I wonder if there isn't some underlying issue on my end...but It seems Dr. Straubs goal is Baby, not treatment. I was supposed to start IVF (the drugs are in my fridge) but I did not feel confident or happy about the decision. I will now be transferring to another Dr. Within the practice.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very efficient, good communication...open short hours though which can be difficult when calling. In general no complaints about the clinic, just DrSttaub, but will be remaining with the practice, just a different doctor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Luckily we do have insurance coverage, which it has been suggested to me was the reason behind him pushing IVF so hard
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Just the instance previously described if Dr straubs nurse jenni lying that Dr had seen results and had same recommendation when he hadn't even seen the results. And issue with Dr. Straub
Sandy Springs

Sometimes his [Dr. Daniel Shapiro's] explanations were too complicated but I was fine with that, i got the gist and more importantly knew what he new. The first consultation was over 75 minutes and he laid out a plan and prediction at each step. His analysis at each step was accurate and with each step I gained more confidence that we would have a baby after 2 years of infertility treatments. Not only do I think he finally cracked the case on my infertility but but also that confidence was new and I think changed the outcome.
Jennifer [a nurse at BRA] was there at the end of every single appointment, ultrasound, visit with a summary and next steps. Anything i needed she was there with an answer same business day. She completed dr. Shapiros team by providing the consistent presence...About $12k total for 1 IVF cycle but they broke it up so smartly that for our January cycle we were able to get medicine in December for the cost of $0 because I had met my deductible. I had a $5000 credit for IVF from work and then magically we got a $2000 refund at the end. Out of pocket we only ended up paying about $4k for this IVF cycle!
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Extremely intelligent and a thought leader in the space. Sometimes his explanations were too complicated but I was fine with that, i got the gist and more importantly knew what he new. The first consultation was over 75 minutes and he laid out a plan and prediction at each step. His analysis at each step was accurate and with each step I gained more confidence that we would have a baby after 2 years of infertility treatments. Not only do I think he finally cracked the case on my infertility but but also that confidence was new and I think changed the outcome.
Take notes. He is so smart and fast and it's helpful to have notes to refer back to.
Always prepared for my case, hours response time to questions via email, always ready during appointments and fully understood that I was juggling job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cunningham )
Jennifer was there at the end of every single appointment, ultrasound, visit with a summary and next steps. Anything i needed she was there with an answer same business day. She completed dr. Shapiros team by providing the consistent presence.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Having been to another clinic, this was head & shoulders above. Clean, medically advanced, set up to flow.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
I wanted 2 with hope of having 1 baby. Dr. Shapiro strongly, very strongly, said one was enough and had enough medical evidence of why 1 was better that we listened.
Sandy Springs

She [Pavna Brahma] has probably the best bedside manner I've ever seen in a physician and I'm around doctors all day in my profession as a physician assistant. She is kind, gentle, warm and calm. She was frank but kind and always honest with us. She spends more than ample time with her patients explaining the procedures, risks and probability of success. I can't recommend her enough. In fact, I've recommended her already to many friends.
Dr Brahms's nurse Mary is amazing. She's so reliable and always responded back immediately when I called with questions or concerns. She provided me when samples when available too. She's also an incredibly sweet person...The IVF cycle was $14500. I believe each IUI cycle was $1500 and we did 3. The mediations cost us around another $1000...[RBA is the] Top of the line fertility clinic. It's the most expensive in Georgia but they have the best results, I think it's worth the extra cost
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Once again, she has probably the best bedside manner I've ever seen in a physician and I'm around doctors all day in my profession as a physician assistant. She is kind, gentle, warm and calm. She was frank but kind and always honest with us. She spends more than ample time with her patients explaining the procedures, risks and probability of success. I can't recommend her enough. In fact, I've recommended her already to many friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Prepare yourself mentally for the cost, which while it is ridiculously expensive, is well worth it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Dr Brahma has some of the best bed side manner of a doctor I've ever seen. She spends so much time with her patients in her office explaining everything in great detail, drawing diagrams and making sure all questions are answered. She is patient and listens. She is warm and extremely caring
Describe the protocols Pavna Brahma used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We attempted IUI with clomid for 3 cycles without success and then proceeded to IVF. We completed one cycle of IVF with successful egg transfer and initially 6 embryos created using ICSI. Unfortunately only 2 embryos survived and we were recommend to implant both on Day 3 so we did a fresh transfer with the 2 embryos and 1 implanted successfully. We gave birth to a completely healthy baby girl 3 months ago :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
Describe Pavna Brahma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Our doctor initially recommended we only do a single embryo transfer but on the day of transfer a different doctor was on call and he and the embryologist recommended since our only 2 embryos were not looking great that we proceed with 2 and in the moment we said yes. I'm glad we did, otherwise may not have had the success that we did
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Once they lost our consent forms after we had to get them notarized. It was a small inconvenience. It probably happened because we were being seen at both her piedmont and main office and the staff misplaced them in the transferring between offices.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Slayden and his nurses were respectful and caring during a very emotional time in my life....Don’t let his straightforwardness turn you away. He really cares and will do all he can to help you have a baby....He’s very straightforward and doesn’t leave any detail out. Very through in his meetings with us. We knew exactly what to expect. He showed compassion when things didn’t turn out quite like we hoped....He suggested we transfer two at a time. The first transfer resulted in a failed cycle. The second transfer resulted in a precious baby girl.
We love our clinics [RBA]. Very inviting and professional. We used the office in Lawrencville more than the main office. The office staff there was expectional. I especially love my ultrasound tech, Kimi. She was amazing and so friendly. I love how she shared her story with me. I didn’t feel so alone....Becky was our nurse and she is AWESOME!! She emailed and called frequently to give us updates and keep us on track. I could always call her with questions and concerns and she always got right back to me.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
All along the way Dr. Slayden and his nurses told us what to expect. We did a egg retrieval in the summer and two transfers in fall and winter. Each and every time all aspects were explained and time was given for us to ask questions. During heartbreak they were compassionate and told us we would keep trying until we had a precious baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Becky )
Becky was our nurse and she is AWESOME!! She emailed and called frequently to give us updates and keep us on track. I could always call her with questions and concerns and she always got right back to me. Very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RBA.
We love our clinics. Very inviting and professional. We used the office in Lawrencville more than the main office. The office staff there was expectional. I especially love my ultrasound tech, Kimi. She was amazing and so friendly. I love how she shared her story with me. I didn’t feel so alone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
I can’t remember the exact costs of our treatments, but there weren’t any surprises. They would let us know what was expected and provide payment option. We were blessed to be able to pay for our treatment without any assistance. No hidden figures at all. Everything was explained very well.
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
2016, Unknown Success
Be prepared to take advantage of his [Dr. Toledo] time and knowledge. I had really done my research and had a list of questions. Take notes of what he tells you and just keep track of all documents. I think he's great but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the business and financial side of this process. That being said I'm still in the middle of it.
Be prepared to take advantage of his [Dr. Toledo] time and knowledge. I had really done my research and had a list of questions. Take notes of what he tells you and just keep track of all documents. I think he's great but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the business and financial side of this process [at RBA]. That being said I'm still in the middle of it.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
I just started the egg preservation process. My first appointment was great. Dr. Toledo really took the time to explain everything to me. I had signed up for an free education seminar on egg preservation they offer. The seminar includes free AMH testing. The staff said I couldn't do this and that I would have to pay for that lab test since I was already an established patient. They only offer this free screening for non practice patients to draw in business. I spoke to the practice manager, given that insurance pays for NONE of this and I'm paying >$13,000 for all this, you would think I could take advantage of some free screening. After going back and forth they allowed it but when I went in to the office they made me feel like I was a "problem" patient. I had a slew of other lab work done and was never called with results. I had my follow up with Dr. Toledo this week. When I sat down with him he was under the assumption I was aware of my results and the conversation was a little awkward. That being said he explained everything thoroughly and discussed all my options. I had asked for a copy of my blood work which they couldn't give me right away. Someone from medical records had to follow up with me. It's my own blood work, not sure why they couldn't just give that to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Be prepared to take advantage of his time and knowledge. I had really done my research and had a list of questions. Take notes of what he tells you and just keep track of all documents. I think he's great but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the business and financial side of this process. That being said I'm still in the middle of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toldedo was very personable and sympathetic. He has great bedside manor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
$8000 deposit $ 3-5k foe hormones $labs $ office visit
Andrew Toledo
2014 - 2016, Successful
I love dr slayden, he was not just my dr, he was my friend. He knows his stuff and is very educated and experienced. He properly diagnosed me from the beginning. If we had some bumps in the road, which we did. He always was compassionate n always had a great plan. His beside manner was wonderful...They [RBA staff] are amazing, they will listen to you and explain the situation in hand and set a game plan that works the best. Even in the tough times they are a shoulder to cry on and the comfort you need to move forward. They are really the best in my eyes. We had seen 3 Dr's before him and none of them made me fell so comfortable the way dr slayden did. They also all liked compassion
Tracy and everyone in the Lawrenceville [at RBA] and main office were great. They always should compassion. They treated you like family...They are amazing, they will listen to you and explain the situation in hand and set a game plan that works the best. Even in the tough times they are a shoulder to cry on and the comfort you need to move forward. They are really the best in my eyes. We had seen 3 Dr's before him and none of them made me fell so comfortable the way dr slayden did. They also all liked compassion
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Trust him and listen to him. He knows what he is talking about and will make you feel like family
Dr sladen was the 4th dr n 3rd fertility offices. We had some horrible and heartbreaking experience before we came to him. We instantly felt like family. He properly diagnosed me when I had been missed diagnosed for 3 years. He would always make me feel special especially when things were going ruff. He would call us on holidays, after hours and even on vacation if we needed. He was wonderful
1st I had to have surgery to remove a uterine septum n endometriosis, a month later we had our 2nd Ivf , 1st with dr slayden. Had brithcontol n injection. Had a egg retrieval n 5 day transfer. This resulted in a pregnancy, I had a heterotopic pregnancy, I also had a hematoma with this pregnancy which caused premature labor and our twins being born to soon at 21 weeks. 2nd we had a hsg, which came back with issues, then I had to have surgery again to fix the septum n clean out. I then had a scarpe and our 3rd ivf, 2nd with dr slayden with injectables which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I tried injectables again but the cycle was canceled because I fromed a cyst. Dr slayden suggested we take a brake for a few months and we did. We did a another hsg, come back prefect. Did the same brithcontol n Injection protocol. Had another scrape. Had our 4th ivf and 3rd with Dr slayden it was successful n great pregnancy and resulted in us having our wonderful gifts from God our twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Tracy )
Tracy and everyone in the Lawrenceville and main office were great. They always should compassion. They treated you like family
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
This was always done prefect and in a timely manner
28,000 to 35,000
They would only transfer 2

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment...It was a high-risk pregnancy due to my age and my husband's chromosome displacement. I had hysteroscopy (due to previous miscarriages), endometrial scratching (to stimulate uterus for IVF transfer), took synthroid to control my thyroid, and we used injections (progesterone, estrogen, etc) to prepare my body for pregnancy and beyond.
RBA is highly organized and well-run IVF clinic. The staff is super friendly and they know you on a first name basis...Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000...Karen and Amy were extremely polite and effective in communicating and responding to any questions I had...Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is trustworthy and an expert in his field. He gave us confidence that we needed throughout the IVF treatment.
Excellent communication when it came to the treatment and process that I and my husband had to undergo. All the steps were explained in the detail and the response time on our questions was prompt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen and Amy)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub might be lacking a little in the bedside manner, but he is very straightforward and I can appreciate that. My husband, however, didn't like it very much. He could seem callous at times, but things get very emotional and you have to tone it down a little to get on with things. He is extremely intelligent and an excellent dr.
RBA is a bit bigger office, therefore they are busier. Everyone was very nice, but there were still longer waits and more systematic testing. You usually see whichever dr. is on call or a nurse...VF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very smart and knows what he is doing. He may come off a little sharp, but he means well.
Egg retrieval used follistem, due to a big response, we froze the eggs/embryos for a frozen transfer. First frozen embryo transfer went great, positive test. Low BHcg, however. Saw/heard heartbeat at 6 weeks, 2 weeks later, no more heartbeat. D & C was done at 8 weeks. Did blood test to see if there was a clotting disorder with me and came back heterozygous factor V Leiden gene. Second transfer went great, again and added anticoagulant injections (heparin). First BHcg was a higher positive, 2nd Bhcg went down. Chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen Feagin)
Easy to communicate with, respond quickly and are very willing to work with you.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Big and busy, but very nice. Nice facility and nice people.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
IVF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was very straightforward and personal with my care. Gave me the facts and I respect that the most...Very straightforward and friendly. Read my history prior to visit and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Very sympathic when delivering bad news...Due to my age (38yrs) my eggs were considered old. The protocol was simple. Create eggs and inseminate them. We waited until day 5 to tranfer. 1st transfer we did 2. 1 became live birth other miscarriage at 9wks. 2nd and 3rd were frozen tranfers. 1 did not take. The other became chemical pregnancy. If I was to start a fresh cycle again at 40yr I was told he would put 4 eggs in. However my chances were so low due to age he would be surprised if any took. I am blessed to have been able to have 1. For me it became to emotional and expensive to try a fresh cycle again.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Very straightforward and friendly. Read my history prior to visit and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Very sympathic when delivering bad news. The end I have no more say and am writing to make 200 words as required
He is very straightforward even if you don't like what he has to say
He was very straightforward and personal with my care. Gave me the facts and I respect that the most
Describe your experience with RBA.
They we great. Always on time. Ultrasound nurse also amazing. Very open about what they were looking for or at. Clinical nurse very responsive to emails and training on medication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Insurance covered some. I paid out of pocket Aprox. $800.00 for medicine. I paid 5000.00 for each tranfer. And office visits they had a deposit for. I don't remember price. With out insurance coverage I believe it would be apox 15,000-20,000
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Slayden] was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly...Compassionate, caring, great listener. Intelligent and the first doctor that was able to diagnose my condition. His knowledge and his experience gave us our family that we desired for. I had the best experience in such a short time with him & his staff... I started BC pills on day 2 of my period for 3 weeks. 2 Weeks after I started the pills, I started Lupron. I took 10 units of lupron daily for about 10 days then decreased to 5 units up until 6 days before my transfer.
RBA is very organized. They care for there patients with compassion and kindness. Great communication. They have created a frozen donor egg bank, called MyEggBank North America and an embryo donation program. They offer financing.... My nurse Jennifer was the best! She was always there to answer any question I had. She was very organized. And caring... He [Dr. Slayden] was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly
Trust him!
He was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly
I started BC pills on day 2 of my period for 3 weeks. 2 Weeks after I started the pills, I started Lupron. I took 10 units of lupron daily for about 10 days then decreased to 5 units up until 6 days before my transfer. At the same time I started Estrace. (2mg tab) 1/2 tab 2x daily for 5 days. I also started 81mg of baby aspirin. After those 5 days I increased the Estrace to 1 tab 2x daily then increased again 4days later to 1 tab 3x daily. 5 days before my transfer I added in PIO 1x day Doxycycline 2x day & Medrol 1x day. From transfer day on I continued Estrace & PIO. I don’t remember when I stopped the Estrace. The PIO I stopped taking at 12 weeks pregnant. I delivered a healthy baby girl!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
My insurance covered most of it.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Brahma [at RBA] was extremely helpful and informative. She was was very positive about the procedures and our options. My husband and I were referred from the Macon GA Fertility Clinic. At the first appointment, we felt comfortable with continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Brahma and her team. My husband was treated by Dr. With, who was also very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Brahma to anyone. This is not an easy journey and having a great doctor does make a difference.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Dr. Brahma was extremely helpful and informative. She was was very positive about the procedures and our options. My husband and I were referred from the Macon GA Fertility Clinic. At the first appointment, we felt comfortable with continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Brahma and her team. My husband was treated by Dr. With, who was also very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Brahma to anyone. This is not an easy journey and having a great doctor does make a difference.
I would advise a prospective patient to be completely open with Dr. Brahma. Also, to ask any questions that you may have.
She was honest and courteous with all of our questions and concerns.
In the beginning, we discovered that my egg reserve was low. As a result, we looked into using an egg donor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
My experience with the nurses was always a good one. I had little contact with the nurses as Dr. Brahma was extremely involved in my care and she was present during every visit.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic has several locations which makes it easier for appointments. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
We have the basic costs for our care: office visit copays, procedure costs and deductibles.
Piedmont
Dr. Straub explained things well and let us know of the risks involved with the treatments. He was always positive and told us that if this specific treatment didn’t work, we would adjust and take the next step. Lucky for us, Clomid worked on the 1st cycle after some initial testing!...Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
They [RBA - Atl Pied] were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over....[nursing staff] They kept us well informed and communicated via telephone and email, which was very helpful...he nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Do not hesitate. Schedule an appointment now to be referred!
The nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
Low dosage of Clomid with an injection- can’t recall the exact name of the injection
Describe your experience with RBA.
They were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over.
$60 copay per visit
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
2012 - 2016, Successful
From the first visit to the last dr. Slayden treated us with respect and helped us create our family. When we recieved bad news him and his staff allowed us time to grieve and didnt rush us out to move on with their schedule. He would personally call to let us know results and allowed us to explore all options and testing to determine what steps were needed next.... Medications were adjusted throughout cycle based on ultrasound results.
Very friendly staff [RBA], clean office, easy to schedule appointments, quick responses when called. Major procedures are done through the main office in Atlanta with whoever the on call doctor is so it might not be your main doctor perfroming the procedure. All doctors that we worked with were wonderful and caring during our journey.... With surgeries and procedures it was about $15,000 total over 4 years.... They work well around your schedule and all his staff is very friendly and caring.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Don't wait as long as I did. My only regret is that I didnt seek treatment sooner :)
Very personable. The doctor would actually call with blood results and next steps. They work well around your schedule and all his staff is very friendly and caring.
We used femera, with gonal-f, metformin, folic acid, and lovenox for our lui cycles. Medications were adjusted throughout cycle based on ultrasound results.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very friendly staff, clean office, easy to schedule appointments, quick responses when called. Major procedures are done through the main office in Atlanta with whoever the on call doctor is so it might not be your main doctor perfroming the procedure. All doctors that we worked with were wonderful and caring during our journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
With surgeries and procedures it was about $15,000 total over 4 years.
Na

2014 - 2016, Successful
The clinic [RBA] is set up oddly with pods, but overall has an effective flow...Getting pricing from the business office was a nightmare. It was completely disorganized and I had no idea what I needed to pay completely until the day I started drugs. It was extremely frustrating...He [Dr. Andrew Toledo] took the time to explain my choices to me throughly. IVF was not something we had anticipated doing and he was very understanding and sympathetic when we had to decide to go that route. He called me the day of my D&C from his cell phone to check on me and that meant a lot.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He took the time to explain my choices to me throughly. IVF was not something we had anticipated doing and he was very understanding and sympathetic when we had to decide to go that route. He called me the day of my D&C from his cell phone to check on me and that meant a lot.
Be patient. He is very good at what he does and he has a very large patient list. Sometimes your appointment is delayed quite a bit but it's because he is making sure each patient understands what is happening.
He was very compassionate and talked to me like a person and not a "patient"
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is set up oddly with pods, but overall has an effective flow
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
It wasn't cheap, that's for sure. But it was worth it now that I have my child.
Andrew Toledo
Sandy Springs
[Dr. Monica Best] made me feel like I was so important to her...I felt informed and cared for during my treatment. I had 3 IUI cycles. 2 resulted in pregnancy with one miscarriage. Dr. Best was informative, while being caring. She is a very warm welcoming individual...Completed IUI with clomid, a shot, and the hormone that was applied at night.
[nurse of RBA] Nice but not as warm as Dr. Best. Quality care. I was not uncomfortable but not As comfortable with her as I was with Dr. Best...Front office was kind several locations available for easier access. The staff was all kind and answered all my questions swiftly...Insurance covered all testing. Treatment cost around $1500 per IUI. In the end it was close to $5000
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is one of my favorite people on the planet. I felt informed and cared for during my treatment. I had 3 IUI cycles. 2 resulted in pregnancy with one miscarriage. Dr. Best was informative, while being caring. She is a very warm welcoming individual.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
Don’t hesitate to see her. She is amazing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best made me feel like I was so important to her. I looked forward to seeing her, even though it was such a hard time.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Completed IUI with clomid, a shot, and the hormone that was applied at night.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Betsy )
Describe your experience with RBA.
Front office was kind (Amanda) several locations available for easier access. The staff was all kind and answered all my questions swiftly. I do not recall any specific weaknesses in the clinic I am pleased with my experience there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
None
Monica Best

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Shapiro is a very up front, yet compassionate man. He is smart and wants you to succeed. He is also honest and will tell you exactly what you are facing. Dr. Shapiro worked hard to get us what we wanted most...Know that Dr. Shapiro's sense of humor is a bit sarcastic. It worked for me, but it is good to know in advance...
There was a change in policies [at RBA - Atl Main] regarding BMI that the clinic adopted between my initial consult and my IVF cycle. I was not informed of these changes until just before my cycle started. Luckily, it worked out for us and I was able to drop a few pounds to make sure the clinic would do my egg retrieval with anesthesia. But, advanced notice would have been nice...We had insurance coverage for all of our treatments...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We had insurance coverage for all of our treatments.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
There was a change in policies regarding BMI that the clinic adopted between my initial consult and my IVF cycle. I was not informed of these changes until just before my cycle started. Luckily, it worked out for us and I was able to drop a few pounds to make sure the clinic would do my egg retrieval with anesthesia. But, advanced notice would have been nice.
Sandy Springs

He's chatty...He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was there for me throughout my treatment even though it was a unique situation where I had embryos frozen in another country. He presented options for my treatment and follow up so I could start the procedure with him, get implanted with the embryos in another country, and then return to his practice.
It's large and you do have to advocate for yourself. The Doctors [at RBA] are great though...He was there for me throughout my treatment even though it was a unique situation where I had embryos frozen in another country. He presented options for my treatment and follow up so I could start the procedure with him, get implanted with the embryos in another country, and then return to his practice.
He's chatty.
Dr. Shapiro tells it like it is and gets to the point.
I told him what had worked in the past for success and he followed my prescribed previous treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
I was able to email her which was great but I always felt like I was annoying them.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It's large and you do have to advocate for yourself. The Doctors are great though.
A lot! Bloodwork was about $400, ultrasound $400 ish
He feels one embryo is best for the woman and baby.
Sandy Springs
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him [Dr. Robert Straub] about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner...He was very honest with us about everything including how this may not work the 1st time...Nursing staff [at RBA] was amazing and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner.
Be honest about health history
It was an insane amount of medications, and shots,lupron, baby aspirin, estrogen, progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
Nursing staff was amazing and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic was very clean and organized
It was somewhere around 4thousand
He thought I was young enough to just transfer one and he was right

1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr. Brahma] is amazing! But I would highly recommended her to anyone who wants a compassionate and effective fertility doctor. ... She was caring and sympathetic which was appreciated for this type of treatment. ... Wonderful and I have recommended her to multiple friends. ... I have heard she has recently left RBA and is consulting although I am not sure where? ... Take notes.
I was at Piedmont [RBA] satellite office which was quiet and usually I was the only patient in there. I went to the main office a few times for retrieval etc and it was very busy. Billing office was easy to communicate with. They gave detailed invoices. ... Great communication , she [nurse] responded to my emails within the hour every time. ... $20k [cost of treatment] ... Take notes.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Wonderful and I have recommended her to multiple friends. She is amazing! I have heard she has recently left RBA and is consulting although I am not sure where? But I would highly recommended her to anyone who wants a compassionate and effective fertility doctor.
Take notes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Great communication , she responded to my emails within the hour every time.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I was at Piedmont satellite office which was quiet and usually I was the only patient in there. I went to the main office a few times for retrieval etc and it was very busy. Billing office was easy to communicate with. They gave detailed invoices.
$20k

2012 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Slayden] seemed happy to continue unrealistic treatments for us (IUI) either because it would bring more revenue or because he knew we would eventually need to do IVF. The problem with this was that for every year and dollar wasted our chances of a pregnancy with even IVF would have been more difficult. Be prepared to ask him hard questions to make your treatment something worth your time and energy.
RBA is a large practice which can be daunting, but overall their physicians stay on top of the latest research in reproductive endocrinology & embryology. Their embryology program (where your eggs/sperm/embryos will be taken care for IVF cycles) is outstanding.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden is a technically proficient physician. And he can be charming to most patients. However, the charm (his primary bedside manner) masks a lack of personal interest in helping patients understand treatment decisions. He seemed happy to continue unrealistic treatments for us (IUI) either because it would bring more revenue or because he knew we would eventually need to do IVF. The problem with this was that for every year and dollar wasted our chances of a pregnancy with even IVF would have been more difficult. Be prepared to ask him hard questions to make your treatment something worth your time and energy.
Educate yourself before any visits/treatments, ask him hard questions every time, demand clear answers about chances of success, and make sure you understand the window of time you have to be most successful with your goal to have a family. Do not rely on him to be in the driver seat for you to get the best care.
Poor response from office to staff to questions about treatments/procedures.
Femara for IUI, Femara with injectables for IUI, Antagonist protocol for IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Tracey Womble)
Tracey was typically unorganized, unable to answer questions, poor about responding to questions in general, and ultimately totally uncompassionate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Transportation, Medication, Lost wages, Cash pay for consultation by phone or in person, Treatment
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Long story short, do not use this office.

2015, Successful
From the initial phone consult through the delivery of my child, I was always able to get a quick response to any questions or concerns that I had. There were times I expected to receive a call from the nurse only to have Dr. Shapiro call me himself!...Dr. Shapiro was very thorough in explaining the donor egg process to me and addressed all of my questions with answers that were easily understandable. He was patient, straight forward yet approachable and made me feel at ease through the entire process.
Jenny [nurse at RBA] was proactive about communicating with me and very responsive to questions via email. I'm a big planner and need a lot of information, and Jenny was very helpful in helping me understand every step in the process even when there were still several unknowns around timing...RBA pioneered the frozen donor egg process and they know their stuff regarding this process. Work closely with the donor coordinator to find a good match for you. There are new donors posted all the time and they don't stay in the bank long, so if you find one you like, be prepared to act quickly.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
I did a donor egg cycle with Dr. Shapiro, using Lupron to suppress my ovulation, then starting estrogen and progesterone supplementation as we approached the transfer to thicken my uterine lining. I stayed on the estrogen and progesterone through most of my first trimester. Dr. Shapiro's office worked with me to let me select the form of estrogen and progesterone I preferred and was covered by my insurance; i used estrogen patches and Crinone. I was also given Doxycycline and Medrol in the days immediately proceeding my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Jenny was proactive about communicating with me and very responsive to questions via email. I'm a big planner and need a lot of information, and Jenny was very helpful in helping me understand every step in the process even when there were still several unknowns around timing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I chose the 2 High Quality Embryo guarantee program, which included the donor eggs (6), fertilization via ICSI, transfer and all associated appointments. Cycle medicines were the only thing not included in the cost, i believe. The 2 HQE cost was $18K, but my insurance did end up covering some of the transfer costs, so I received a portion of that as a refund back from RBA.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best was the first doctor I saw regarding infertility. I went to my initial consult alone. I felt like a deer in an open field on the first day of hunting season at that appointment. I also felt very dumb. Something is wrong, but I have no idea what and I am sitting on the other side of a desk with a woman in a white coat, who is looking at me with the most gentle eyes and kind smile, and I just want to crawl in a hole and hide. The things that we talked about and the ways Dr. Best educated me are things that I still remember, fondly. I was hellbent on freezing my husband's sperm, he has a chronic disease that is half of why we needed IVF, and she was very nicely explaining that, yes, that's fine, but we really want embryos. Embryos equal babies. She was very knowledgeable and well read on current literature/studies/research, which is very important to me.
N/A.
Dr. Best is a warm and caring woman. She was transparent about her own fertility struggles, which she didn't need to be. This is almost reason enough to see her for treatment, she understands this both medically AND personally. How many doctors can say that?
We only met with Dr. Best maybe three times total, and did not pursue treatment with her/RBA. We learned that the work up/diagnostic testing was covered under my husband's insurance at Emory. After further research, we also learned that the cost of a fresh IVF cycle with ICSI was dramatically less expensive at Emory. Dr. Best/RBA wanted my husband to see a urologist for his junky sperm. This would not be covered by insurance. When we discussed this at Emory, they said, (paraphrasing), "who cares, we know it's bad, let's make you a baby."
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I don't remember anything about the nurse (Jamie? Jessica?) who drew my blood.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA has two offices, I think. I went to the one in Atlanta for the thing where they shoot saline into your uterus, and all my other appts were in the Kennestone Outpatient Pavilion in Marietta. I can't speak to the overall strengths or weaknesses of the clinic, in either location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
When we got pricing sheet for RBA, everything was listed "a la carte". It was nearly impossible to follow, a lot of it because we were still (blissfully) unaware of all the medical terms and meanings and also because it was so extensive. Because our insurance offered ZERO coverage for anything done, we got bills immediately, had to pay a lot of money up front for things, and just were not prepared. My husband was the cooler head, for sure. I was very much, "just take my money and make me a baby, I will pay anything". It was insane how much money we paid, and we hadn't even gotten to the actual baby making part yet! This is the biggest reason we did not pursue treatment with RBA.
Monica Best

2013 - 2015, Successful
[Dr. Shapiro is] Intelligent - good communicator - encouraging and in depth - they are Able to have process start remotely which was great as I was working elsewhere and want to get started...Be prepared if you are long distance not living in ATL that you can self administer your shots at first stages. This was unique for me and I had a nurse friend come over for first steps then I was comfortable doing that by myself.
[the RBA staff is] Well educated, Good outcome 23 eggs I’m also super health conscious and always have been They could do more follow up to confirm Eggs are safe and doing well They show compassion and ask about life goals...[the RBA nurses were] Kind and complete in communication and also available by email and phone if I had questions along the way...They were very supportive of all my questions
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Intelligent - good communicator - encouraging and in depth - they are Able to have process start remotely which was great as I was working elsewhere and want to get started - I definitely want children as soon as I get married and want This within the year
Ask all questions you have and he will be very helpful. Be prepared if you are long distance not living in ATL that you can self administer your shots at first stages. This was unique for me and I had a nurse friend come over for first steps then I was comfortable doing that by myself. Trust all the steps they provide and follow them. Healthful living is key and I’ve always done that (nutrition, sleep, healthful patterns overall)
Complete communication without rushing and the doctors took time to discuss any questions I had as my objective was to have a great outcome which I did as I froze 23 eggs successfully. I definitely look forward to carrying my own biological children.
I had shots Sent to me by mail leading up to flying out to ATL stay there for a few days and then retrieval that went very well - 23 eggs - I went through some life curveballs cancelled wedding etc and not knowing truth until years later so this inspired me to take this step to have options as I for sure want to have my own biological children
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: There were a few )
Kind and complete in communication and also available by email and phone if I had questions along the way. I am a Stanford grad so I am one to research and be very analytical to optimize outcomes. They were very supportive of all my questions
Describe your experience with RBA.
Well educated Good outcome 23 eggs I’m also super health conscious and always have been They could do more follow up to confirm Eggs are safe and doing well They show compassion and ask about life goals
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I can discuss by phone with you
I have yet to do an embryo transfer but want to for sure. I know Dr. Shapiro and his team are very detail oriented about options.
2009 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with.
RBA is an amazing clinic. They are great at responding to questions and getting things moving once you're ready to start a cycle. I received the best care from all the staff there. I've since moved away from the Atlanta area but I will travel back there when we are ready to conceive again.... The nursing staff that works with Dr. Straub is amazing! They even took time to call me a few weeks after my ruptured ectopic pregnancy just to check on me and see if I was doing okay.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I have a long history with Dr. Straub and from the very beginning I have had an amazing experience with him. He takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Straub.
Bring your questions. He has no trouble answering them, no matter how crazy they might be. He actually asked me one time what other crazy wives tales are going around in the infertility community.
Dr Straub has amazing bedside manner. I always felt as if I were his number 1 priority when I was seeing him. He never treated me like I was just a number or just a paycheck, he really cared about me and about the outcome of our treatment.
I do not remember all the specifics in protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelly, then Amy)
Describe your experience with RBA.
As a young, otherwise healthy woman, Dr. Straub was conservative with the amount of embryos he wanted to transfer. He always suggested one but allowed my husband and I to make the final decision on whether or not we wanted to transfer 1 or 2. Both of my kids were conceived from a single embryo transfer.