Cumming
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

2010 - 2011, Successful
Never felt like a number.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
There are Dr. Toledo groups that meet and talk about how wonderful he is (seriously) his bedside manner is excellent, his staff is attentive, the follow up is fast. The lab is in the office- results same day most of the time. He never makes you feel paranoid, silly, or hormonal with your thoughts or questions (or need to have an ultrasound because you don't "feel" right) I have recommended many friends to Dr. Toledo. He's "the baby maker" and I'm forever grateful to him. I had history of miscarriages and he followed me through my successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Trust your doctor
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They always remembered who we were by name. Never felt like a number
Andrew Toledo

2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Shapiro is extremely qualified and incredibly devoted to the practice and to his patients...When I went through my treatment, 15 years ago, there were limited options. Infertility treatment was in its infancy. I was 39 years old and was told not to have high expectations. When my pregnancy test came back positive, EVERYONE in the office was excited for me. I felt like they were in it WITH me.
When I went through my treatment, 15 years ago, there were limited options. Infertility treatment was in its infancy. I was 39 years old and was told not to have high expectations. When my pregnancy test came back positive, EVERYONE in the office was excited for me. I felt like they were in it WITH me....Back in 2000 when I started treatments, there were so few clinics, RBA was always PACKED. I ran into people I knew in the waiting room frequently. There were no real strengths or weaknesses other than the waiting.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I would give the same advice to ANYONE seeing ANY fertility doctor. Be open minded and honest with yourself and with your doctor. Understand that emotions will be a rollercoaster. Try not to take any frustration out on the wrong people. See a therapist if necessary. It's an emotionally draining process, but the end result can be a miracle (as in my case).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Describe your experience with RBA.
Daniel Shapiro
Sandy Springs

I mainly went to the Lawrenceville and Sandy Spring locations [of RBA]. I went to the Marietta office once (Dr. Best's main location). My experiences at Sandy Springs have been mostly well save for some issues with the billing here, they informed me I was not covered for something when I clearly was which was a huge frustration. After calling my insurance company they reached out to the billing at the office and cleared this up.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I came in as a PCOS patient not knowing if I would ever be able to conceive and came from a clinic where I felt as if I my opinion did not count. Dr. Best was very easy to communicate with and listened from the consult moving forward. During our first cycle she made very clear to us the risks and possibilities that could arise which made us feel both hopeful and allowed us to keep realistic goals in mind. We did manage to get a BFP on our first letrozole/trigger shot/IUI cycle, unfortunately this ending in early miscarriage. This has no bearing on Dr. Best, it was just nature doing what it had to do. But just knowing we got our BFP first try, let's us know she has us in the right direction. Thank you Dr. Best.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
The wait time for an initial consult may take longer than you like, but with a bit of patience I promise it is worth the wait. She is very patient, kind and sensitive to your situation and you will not regret your decision to be treated by her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best has the best bedside manner of doctors I have seen on my fertility journey. She is direct and gives you realistic expectations while being able to relay the information in a manner delicate enough for the issue at hand. For this alone I am grateful for.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I had originally done an HSG with a previous provider, so Dr. Best wanted to do an SHG just to make sure all was well with my uterus itself and we also cofirmed my AMH levels. After clearing the HSG AND SHG she decided to treat me with a combination of dexamethasone, Letrozole days 5-9, trigger shot and baby aspirin. I came in for 2 ultrasounds about a week after my last letrozole pill to confirm follicle size. We did IUI 36 hrs after trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The nursing staff was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had and they were also sensitive to my situation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I mainly went to the Lawrenceville and Sandy Spring locations. I went to the Marietta office once (Dr. Best's main location). My experiences at Sandy Springs have been mostly well save for some issues with the billing here, they informed me I was not covered for something when I clearly was which was a huge frustration. After calling my insurance company they reached out to the billing at the office and cleared this up. My only issue with the one appointment I had at the Marietta office is they were a little late returning from lunch, my appt was right at the time they are to return from lunch and I waited in the hall for about 15mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
My insurance covered most of my expenses. Without insurance I believe a letrozole/IUI is aprox 1000.00 per cycle.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Monica Best
Sandy Springs
How was your experience with Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
I am a physician so I like directness. She is OK in bedside manner (she is not real touchy-feely) so that is OK with me. But she is EXTREMELY honest about your chances.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
She is not touchy feeling but you are getting the best clinic in Atlanta. I can say this since I am a physician and know that they have been doing this the longest. I got pregnant with my own eggs at 43 and almost 45 yo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
Timely communication