1524 East Morehead Street
888.551.0874
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

Strengths [of Matrika Johnson]: strong communicator, kind bedside manner, very knowledgeable on alternative options, she is also realistic with her expectations. I could not imagine going through this experience with any other doctor, she has exceeded our expectations. ... We were diagnosed with male factor infertility to start. We started with an egg retrieval, I was on Cetrotide, Gonal, Lupron and Synthroid. We got 25 eggs, 15 fertilized but only one made it to an embryo. After that first cycle she concluded that I have poor egg quality and it was unexplained.
Front desk staff [REACH] are sometimes not as sensitive to patient needs. Response times in the patient portal are a hit or miss, sometimes its fast, other times it is slower. It is harder to get questions answered over the phone. ... Never had too many issues [with monitoring], they had you come in between 7am-8:30am - there was a wait sometimes but they typically will get through relatively quickly.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Strengths: strong communicator, kind bedside manner, very knowledgeable on alternative options, she is also realistic with her expectations. I could not imagine going through this experience with any other doctor, she has exceeded our expectations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She does her best to try to see you every time you come in for an appointment but there may be times where other nurses or doctors will see you based on availability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She took the time to explain everything in a way we could understand. I felt like she genuinely cared about our success and did everything in her power to make sure we had the best chances for success.
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility to start. We started with an egg retrieval, I was on Cetrotide, Gonal, Lupron and Synthroid. We got 25 eggs, 15 fertilized but only one made it to an embryo. After that first cycle she concluded that I have poor egg quality and it was unexplained. We did another egg retrieval and switched up the medications to see if we could get more and we ended up with no viable embryos. At that point we decided on transferring the one embryo we did have. We did get pregnant but ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Overall good, there were times that they were not as responsive and helpful but they have a large workload so overall it was okay.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Front desk staff are sometimes not as sensitive to patient needs. Response times in the patient portal are a hit or miss, sometimes its fast, other times it is slower. It is harder to get questions answered over the phone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Never had too many issues, they had you come in between 7am-8:30am - there was a wait sometimes but they typically will get through relatively quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
With insurance coverage we paid roughly $5000 out of pocket for two egg retrievals. After we exceeded our maximum deductible our transfer out of pocket cost was roughly $2000.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
She will only transfer one embryo, regardless of your age and likelihood of success.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
There was one time where I had to remind them to call in a prescription, not a huge deal for me.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lauren Johnson and her team always treat you like you are their only patient... She is very thorough with her appointments and you never feel rushed in/out when seeing her...She has been through infertility herself...Originally we went in for unexplained infertility and was also diagnosed with PCOS...She explained everything, even drew us pictures to make it make sense. She answers all our questions no matter how crazy and redundant...
They [REACH] are very prompt with getting you in as soon as possible, they have financial counselors that talk to you say one and give you options. Anyone that has contact with you always introduces themselves and gives you a detailed explanation of what they can do for you or will be doing...For each IUI cycle we paid around $1800 including oral prescriptions, shots, ultrasounds, bloodwork, the semen deposit and cleaning and the procedure itself.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Lauren Johnson is a compassionate, driven, highly educated lady with a lot of experience. She has been through infertility herself. She is very thorough with her appointments and you never feel rushed in/out when seeing her. I would not recommend anyone else!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment even if it’s just for a consultation with her! You will not be let down! We went in thinking there would be no way we could afford it or even do anything other than meet with her, I was overwhelmed before going and then we got there and she has a calm nature about her. She explained everything, even drew us pictures to make it make sense. She answers all our questions no matter how crazy and redundant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Lauren Johnson and her team always treat you like you are their only patient. She is caring, honest, plans out your treatments step by step and even tells you about the what if situations and what’s next if plan A doesn’t work. After our first miscarriage they treated us like family... with support, love and open arms.
Describe the protocols Lauren Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Originally we went in for unexplained infertility and was also diagnosed with PCOS. She ran a very detailed bloodwork panel analyzing hormones, blood count, egg quality and count, numerous things as well as doing STD screenings on both of us and sperm analysis on my husband. We also had the option to do a test to check for abnormalities that may cause issues with a fetus long term prior to starting. Dr. Johnson goes through a detailed history of your medical history as well as your lifestyle and healthy changes you may need to partake in. After we go through that initial stuff she told us we would try an IUI first since my husband and I didn’t seem to have anything wrong other than me not ovulating on my own, he has a child so we shouldn’t have a problem on his side. We started the cycle by using progesterone to start my period followed up with a ultrasound and bloodwork to check my levels and to make sure I’m ready to start with the medicine to help me ovulate. (I had previously tried Clomid with my OBGYN with no success.) We started with Femara one pill a day for 5 days starting on cycle day 3-7. I did not respond and produce any mature follicles (I did have 25 cyst in one ovary and around 30 in the other) so we piggybacked and tripled up on Femara for the next 5 days with no luck and with one more piggy back we went back to Clomid and we had one mature follicle. After you confirm a mature follicle and bloodwork looked good we had to have do am Ovedril shot to help push the follicle out of the ovary and then have intercourse that night between 6-8. The next day we both had to go to the office for bloodwork (me) to check to make sure levels looked good as far at uterus lining and ovulation has or is currently taking place, my husband had to do a sperm deposit to be cleaned up and ready for use if I cleared with my bloodwork. They called us back in a few hours to report back at 11:45 and we had the IUI procedure. They walked us through it as it was our first one and explained everything in detail. The. You go on the dreaded two week wait to find out if you’re pregnant. In that time you still take your prenatal meds, any vitamins they put you on based on bloodwork and progesterone vaginal suppositories to help prevent first trimester miscarriage. We did become pregnant with a little girl with Dr. Johnson’s help then we were released from REACH at 10 weeks, however after being with my OBGYN We lost our little girl at 17 weeks and have currently been in for more IUI with maturing follicles in the first try with medication but no successful pregnancies yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Becky )
Becky is Dr. Johnson’s right hand lady! She greets you with a warm welcome and he always treated me as if I was her daughter coming in. I get hugs, she calls me back promptly and always comforts me and understands the struggles that come along with this. She always offers to be there for me in any way she can to help. She says she’s just one call away! She makes this place amazing!
Describe your experience with REACH.
They are very prompt with getting you in as soon as possible, they have financial counselors that talk to you say one and give you options. Anyone that has contact with you always introduces themselves and gives you a detailed explanation of what they can do for you or will be doing. Weaknesses - none for clinic just the travel time for me being 45 mins away and getting to work can be hard for morning bloodwork and ultrasound checks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
Describe Lauren Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Not applicable to us

2020, Unknown Success
Dr Wing is very knowledgeable and has been around since the start of the center. I felt as though he knew what he was talking about and is able to explain treatment throughly. [He] took time to answer all of our questions and did not seem rushed like other doctors in the past. He was also prompt to our appointment...We require genetic testing PGT-M and IVF. We are currently in the genetic stage and will advance to the IVF steps once our genetic pieces are together.
The clinics has a strength in timely communication. They [REACH staff] answer questions proptly and are very helpful. The clinic is very knowledgeable about options for our unique situation. Of course the cost is substantial and definitely considered a weakness and a barrier to treatment. I would also like patients to know that the parking is funky at the Lake Norman office. There is a parking deck with limited signage. Drive up to the top level and you can park right at the REACH door.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr Wing is very knowledgeable and has been around since the start of the center. I felt as though he knew what he was talking about and is able to explain treatment throughly. Dr Wing took time to answer all of our questions and did not seem rushed like other doctors in the past. He was also prompt to our appointment. I have waited in the waiting room before for other doctors for a long time, but not with Dr. Wing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Wing at REACH?
I would suggest that a patient do some research before on infertility treatment options and lingo prior to an appointment. Although Dr Wing breaks the info and terminology down, it is still a lot to take in and comprehend. Ask lots of questions. They are there to help you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Wing at REACH?
Everyone in the office is so kind - From the original phone call to schedule the first appointment to paying as we left. The staff is also very timely in getting our questions answered. They took time to review our case and long history of infertility and loss prior to meeting with us.
Describe the protocols Richard Wing used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
After 4 years of infertility and failed treatments at a different clinic, we spontaneously became pregnant with our son. He was born at 41 week and appeared perfect. He passed away at 3 days. He was diagnosed with a rare and often fatal metabolic condition. My husband and I found following his death that we are carriers for this condition. We require genetic testing PGT-M and IVF. We are currently in the genetic stage and will advance to the IVF steps once our genetic pieces are together. Dr Wing knew exactly the steps needed to give us hope for a healthy baby.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The entire nursing staff is so sweet and kind. They seem to really care and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinics has a strength in timely communication. They answer questions proptly and are very helpful. The clinic is very knowledgeable about options for our unique situation. Of course the cost is substantial and definitely considered a weakness and a barrier to treatment. I would also like patients to know that the parking is funky at the Lake Norman office. There is a parking deck with limited signage. Drive up to the top level and you can park right at the REACH door.
Our total estimate is between $25,000-33,000
Describe Richard Wing's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Our Doctor recommended single embryo transfer to start with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We met with the PA for our original consult. She recommended we see a specific doctor (special to our case and not within the REACH center) in addition. She gave us this information and I disagreed with the need to do so. She consulted with Dr Wing and he said we did not need to do that additional step since we were already knowledgeable and did some screenings prior to coming.

2015 - 2020, Unsuccessful
I always felt informed [by Dr. Lauren Johnson] and understood what my next step would be. Dr. Johnson was very kind and was able to give me hope and explain what my challenges were and how we were going to go about it. Although I wish I was able to see her more at the appointments, the portal was a great way I was able to check message and ask questions...She has wonderful beside manor. She explained the procedures and what could or might not happen.
The strengths [at REACH] are they know what they are doing, they really have the knowledge and know what’s best for each person’s different story. The weakness is their billing department. Lots of confusion and miscommunication on charges...She [Dr. Johnson] has wonderful beside manor. She explained the procedures and what could or might not happen. Her team called me and updated me on test results and were always available to answer questions.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
I always felt informed and understood what my next step would be. Dr. Johnson was very kind and was able to give me hope and explain what my challenges were and how we were going to go about it. Although I wish I was able to see her more at the appointments, the portal was a great way I was able to check message and ask questions.
Take notes and come with questions ahead of time
She has wonderful beside manor. She explained the procedures and what could or might not happen. Her team called me and updated me on test results and were always available to answer questions.
She started with iui. The first one worked and I had my son in 2016. 6 months after his birth we did an IUI again and had a chemical pregnancy. Then 5 more iui’s that failed. I went on to get pregnant natural and it was ectopic. Dr. Johnson performed the surgery to remove the tube. I tried ivf with another doctor due to cost. Then after that fail went back to reach for embryo adoption.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Harrell)
Everyone was wonderful. So friendly and caring, passionate and helped me feel better about my losses.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The strengths are they know what they are doing, they really have the knowledge and know what’s best for each person’s different story. The weakness is their billing department. Lots of confusion and miscommunication on charges.
$6,000 for embryo adoption, $2,500 for 2nd transfer. $4,000 for iui
She said due to my age and health, I would only have one transfer at a time.
Charlotte

He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] pulled up our information and went through every single number with us laid out all of our options and answered questions candidly. He wasn’t pushy and discussed all options with us. We didn’t feel rushed at any point while talking to him...We began our treatment with multiple tests and met with [him] to go over the results. He laid out multiple options based on the results...
[staff of REACH] Communication is sometimes a struggle but when in the office they are extremely friendly and helpful! Financial communication is hit or miss which can cause a lot of stress. As a new patient just be aware that blood work is always done first thing in the morning...Our IUI was about $700 and per visit about $50. Insurance was taken.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is extremely descriptive, goes through all details with you and is willing to answer all questions. I feel like he is very up on research and is willing to discuss it with you throughly to give you all the information you could need.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He can be very technical so just be prepared for that. He isn’t going to sugarcoat anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He pulled up our information and went through every single number with us laid out all of our options and answered questions candidly. He wasn’t pushy and discussed all options with us. We didn’t feel rushed at any point while talking to him.
Describe the protocols Joseph Whelan used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We began our treatment with multiple tests and met with Dr. Whelan to go over the results. He laid out multiple options based on the results. Original testing showed our sperm numbers slightly low but so we decided to try IUI. When the first one failed we re-evaluated and determined the next step of IVF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nurses are fantastic in person. I did struggle with communication with them sometimes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Our IUI was about $700 and per visit about $50. Insurance was taken.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
One specific nurse failed to communicate my meds as directed by the doctor. I also was not given a phone call after monitoring.
Charlotte
Dr. Johnson is exactly the type of doctor I needed. She is warm, empathetic and answered all my questions and worries thoroughly and never acted like she was in a rush...extremely smart and up to date on the latest studies etc. I felt like my care was tailored to my situation...makes sure I understand what the plan and outlook are...her nurses are very responsive and helpful over the patient portal.
They [REACH] were able to schedule a first appointment very quickly...Front desk and nurses are very friendly...billing is handled by a 3rd party company so sometimes you receive delayed bills which don’t reflect your actual balance, but the financial counselors were always able to confirm my actual balance...When there was a delay in my medication shipment, they offered me a one day sample of gonal F which was very helpful during an extremely stressful situation.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson is exactly the type of doctor I needed. She is warm, empathetic and answered all my questions and worries thoroughly and never acted like she was in a rush. She is extremely smart and up to date on the latest studies etc. I felt like my care was tailored to my situation.
Even if you forget to ask a question during the visit, her nurses are very responsive and helpful over the patient portal.
Seeing Dr. Johnson was wonderful compared to my last doctor. She is really warm and takes time to answer all questions and makes sure I understand what the plan and outlook are.
Used gonal f and low dose hcg prior to egg retrieval. Triggered with lupron. Then post transfer was PIO and 3x/daily estradiol pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Very responsive and helpful. When there was a delay in my medication shipment, they offered me a one day sample of gonal F which was very helpful during an extremely stressful situation.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They were able to schedule a first appointment very quickly as opposed to other practices in the area. Front desk and nurses are very friendly. Their billing is handled by a 3rd party company so sometimes you receive delayed bills which don’t reflect your actual balance, but the financial counselors were always able to confirm my actual balance.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Monitoring was usually very quick and efficient. I appreciated the 3 hour window they offered which gave me flexibility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
$6,000 in medication, $5,000-6,000 for care through the clinic. Partially covered by insurance.
2020, Consult
Dr Katz was very kind, we did an online consultation because of the coronavirus issue... He did explain eveyrthing that we wanted to know...was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at...He seems to have a lot of knowledge abot fertility and he is a very kind doctor.
The costs [at REACH} seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...So far we just had one consultation, but Dr Katz was very prompt in answering our questions e explained the options that we have. Right now we have to do all the primerly tests and see where we at with our health. We are planning to do embryo freezing due to my age.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
We just had one consultation with Dr Katz online last month. What I can say is that we was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We didnt have any cycles yet due to corona virus.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The costs seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
The doctor mention that its up to us to decide what we would like to do, but first he need to check our health first.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
So far we have no complaints.

How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is very knowledgeable. He is honest from the beginning and tells you like it is. He is not there for the run around. He recommended IVF from the beginning but agreed to try IUI and see if we got lucky because it is what we chose to do first as IVF is expensive. He does what he can to help financially with his admin team. Dr. Katz is very straight to the point and I really like that about him. He is a very friendly man and knows exactly what he is doing. He gave me and always gives me hope each time. He is very patient and is always there for you.
Listen to everything he says for he is extremely knowledgeable and he has seen it all.
Dr. Katz’s team is absolutely wonderful. They are very caring and they are always at your service. They will all try to help as much as possible including phone call follow ups, hugs, and calls to show they care. The team is exceptional and they always want what is best for you. They answer all your questions and treat you like you are important.
I started with comid for 5 days and a trigger shot to do an IUI. I did this for 2 rounds. I have mild PCOS and my husband has a low sperm count. He recommended IVF and not to waste more money on another IUI as we have no coverage for it and had to pay out of pocket.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nursing staff is what makes his team absolutely amazing. They are who you see more than anyone and luckily I got the best. Every single nurse on Dr. Katz’s team is phenomenal. They are caring, detailed, and helpful with this hard process we go through. They will do anything it takes to make you feel comfortable and part of a family.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The only thing I would change is the office staff. The first time we walked into REACH we were there for our very first consultation. As nervous as we were we were hoping to see smiles and welcoming staff when we first walked in. That isn’t what we got. The front desk wasn’t very friendly nor approachable. If you ask me that is the first thing that makes a clinic great is the customer service. The front desk was very snippy and wasn’t helpful with questions or information. Another financial member was also very unfriendly and rude. We chose to deal with another financial advisor from the clinic and thankfully she is amazing which is who we deal with now.
IUI $800 and IVF $12,300
Charlotte

Dr. Katz has made me very comfortable. He explains the reality of my infertility. He also expressed the hope he has for us which makes me feel like it is possible. I would of course love to meet with him every visit but I do not think that is realistic as the amount of patients in the office would not allow for such one on one. ... Dr. Katz has been available to speak after hours and it was easy and he spoke to me like a person and not like a stranger.
There strengths [REACH] is the availability. I am able to be seen 7 days a week. They do not delay your cycle. Weakness would be billing. It seems a bit unorganized on the office level. Billing office in florida has been able to help me retrieve accurate receipts in order to provide the. To my flex spending account. ... Selena knew exactly how to handle me. She knew I was a bit scattered from stress and she always seemed to find a way to explain everything to me before I needed to ask.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz has made me very comfortable. He explains the reality of my infertility. He also expressed the hope he has for us which makes me feel like it is possible. I would of course love to meet with him every visit but I do not think that is realistic as the amount of patients in the office would not allow for such one on one. Dr. Katz has also been very receptive to the information I have shared regarding my naturopath. He is not dismissing my hormone results she has provided to his office. I am confident that he will help us reach our end goal which is having a child
Trust the process
My first round of femara was a timed intercourse cycle which I was prescribed 5mg from days 3-7. My body did not respond well to that dosage so cycle two we moved it to days 3-9 which produced larger follicles sooner than Cycle day 18. We triggered 250mg of ovidrel. Last cycle was Femara CD3-9 and 2 ovidrel shots on CD 14.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena)
Describe your experience with REACH.
There strengths is the availability. I am able to be seen 7 days a week. They do not delay your cycle. Weakness would be billing. It seems a bit unorganized on the office level. Billing office in florida has been able to help me retrieve accurate receipts in order to provide the. To my flex spending account.
Timed intercourse cycle was around $600 IUI was $1200
Charlotte

Dr. Johnson has been nothing but great since I’ve started my IVF journey. She always took the time to educate me on everything she did and why she was doing those things. I always felt she had my best interest at heart and never felt pressured to do anything that i didn’t want to do. She is always very professional and I’ve never felt it was about the money. From the time i walk into the facility to the time I leave it’s nothing but love.
The clinic [REACH] is always clean and the staff is always nice. Normally when contacting them through phone you will have to leave a voicemail but they will get back with you in a timely manner. Once you become a patient the patient portal is the best source of communication... Dr. Johnson’s nurse Jessica has been great. If I had any additional questions she was always available through the portal and alway got back to me in a timely manner
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She is very straight forward but don’t look at that as a negative thing. Sugar coating things aren’t always the best
From the first day of my consultation to now Dr. Johnson has been nothing but great. She has took the time to explain everything step by step and why everything she recommended was necessary. Although this process wasn’t easy being so young and of course not expecting to spend so much money just to conceive but I never felt like it was about the money to her.I love that she is compassionate but also straight to the point. Most doctors just tell you what you want to hear but Dr. Johnson has always been honest in making sure that my husband and I made the best decisions moving forward with IVF .
I haven’t started my fertility medications yet but it is coming up soon. I’ve only had testing done and a surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons )
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is always clean and the staff is always nice. Normally when contacting them through phone you will have to leave a voicemail but they will get back with you in a timely manner. Once you become a patient the patient portal is the best source of communication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
During most of my testing bloodwork,surgery, and specific test out of pocket so far I have spent $2500 through reach. Most of the testing and bloodwork goes through my insurance due it not being listed as fertility. My fertility medications which i haven’t started yet cost 4000. Depending on your income you can apply for compassionate care which can give you a percentage off fertility medications.

2019, Consult
[Dr. Whelan's] strength is looking at the previous test that I had done and wanting to confirm everything on his own. He said good things about my previous doctors but explained that some additional testing should be done to find a cause instead of going straight into a resolution. No weaknesses have been shown yet. I honestly feel like I will be able to trust him and his expertise
[REACH] Served breakfast in the lobby. Fruits, muffins, etc. I found that to be very nice since I’m a traveling patient and didn’t have time for breakfast. It’s a lot of moving around which isn’t bad but I think departments should be aligned in the order that the patient would see them...[the nurse] Made sure to explain everything in detail. Stated things verbally but also gave me a copy in writing.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
His strength is looking at the previous test that I had done and wanting to confirm everything on his own. He said good things about my previous doctors but explained that some additional testing should be done to find a cause instead of going straight into a resolution. No weaknesses have been shown yet. I honestly feel like I will be able to trust him and his expertise.
With him everything is based around your period. This is when he will do most of his recommended testing. So I would try to book an appointment around cycle day 3 so that you can get started immediately.
He let us come into his office. Spoke to us by name without having to refer back to his paperwork to confirm our names like some doctors do. Focused on our plans and let us make decisions based on his recommendations.
Birth control will be used, he explained that it angers a lot of women because they feel that it’s a step in the wrong direction. However it’s so he can control your body and how it responds when you officially start treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Actual cost would be determined after the prior authorization sent to my insurance. Out of pocket people would probably spend about 15,000 with medication included.
Describe Joseph Whelan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
This will be discussed at our next appointment. I would love to transfer multiple but I do know some doctors aren’t comfortable with that. Which would be ok just wishful thinking.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Wing is thorough and friendly. He made me feel like I was his only patient. He studied my history and made me feel like he truly cared. He developed a plan for me and went over everything with me. When my body didn’t react to certain things, he adjusted methods and informed me along the way.... My prolactin levels were very high so he started me on Cabergoline to lower them. It worked for that purpose and I still take it currently. He also put me on Femara to grow my follicles but my body didn’t react at all to it.
They [REACH] have 2 locations so it’s convenient. You can go back and forth between locations with no problem. They’re also open 7 days a week! Their finance team helps you understand what your insurance covers so you can plan for expenses. One weakness is that you talk to different nurses each time you call and you see whichever doctor is doing monitoring appointments that day when you’re doing a cycle.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Trust him but never be afraid to ask questions because it’s YOUR journey!
Dr. Wing takes his time when explaining things. His bedside manner is very good. He is caring and truly makes you feel like he is invested in you.
My prolactin levels were very high so he started me on Cabergoline to lower them. It worked for that purpose and I still take it currently. He also put me on Femara to grow my follicles but my body didn’t react at all to it. My first IUI cycle failed because the medicine didn’t work. Next cycle, he put me on gonal-f injections to grow my follicles and low dose hcg. He started me at 75iu of gonal-f each cycle. Sometimes he had to increase to 100 and the last cycle he increased to 125. I did a total of 2 injection cycles for IUI and neither was successful. The last cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
Denise was amazing! She is so kind and reassuring when you talk to her. You can tell she cares about her patients and their success. Some of the other nurses are very short and she is not. Some of the other nurses seem to not be very knowledgeable or give conflicting instructions. One nurse got the dosage of my 2 injections mixed up when she called to tell me I needed to increase them. Thankfully, I caught it and questioned it.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They have 2 locations so it’s convenient. You can go back and forth between locations with no problem. They’re also open 7 days a week! Their finance team helps you understand what your insurance covers so you can plan for expenses. One weakness is that you talk to different nurses each time you call and you see whichever doctor is doing monitoring appointments that day when you’re doing a cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
IUI cycle was $1000 without insurance. That includes monitoring ultrasounds, bloodwork and the insemination. Medication is not included.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My follicles weren’t maturing so they increased my dosage. When the nurse called, she told me the units to take of each injection but got them reversed. Luckily, I knew that one of them was always higher than the other and I questioned it.
Charlotte

I am still in the initial stages [with Dr. Matrika Johnson] but I had to complete an HSG and blood work. She also provided me with a list of supplements to begin taking to help with fertility. Vitamin D, Prenatal, NeoQ10, DHEA 25. I am also going to have a hysteroscopy to detect if there is a polyp or fibroid in my uterus...is very knowledgeable about fertility and quickly assessed me as a patient and my personality. She is direct but passionate and solution-oriented. I felt well cared for even on my first visit...She broke things down to make them easy to understand and even put together a sports analogy regarding the fertility process so my sports-fanatic husband could understand. She is genuinely the best and made me feel at ease every step of the way.
The clinic [REACH] is busy but very organized and had great communication flow. The facility is very patient focused. For example, there is signage on the wall advising that if you were waiting more than 15 mins, to let the front desk know. I loved this because as busy as they are, service and care were very personalized...[staff was] extremely compassionate when it came to me and my husband's concerns. There were many women coming in and out of the facility but we felt like we always received one-on-one attention and care. Everything was on-time but never felt rushed...The nursing staff at Reach are amazing. They are punctual, light-hearted and always had an ear to listen and respond appropriately.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson is very knowledgeable about fertility and quickly assessed me as a patient and my personality. She is direct but passionate and solution-oriented. I felt well cared for even on my first visit. It was completely different in a positive way from an experience I had with a previous doctor in SC. She broke things down to make them easy to understand and even put together a sports analogy regarding the fertility process so my sports-fanatic husband could understand. She is genuinely the best and made me feel at ease every step of the way.
Ask questions if you don't understand something. Dr. Johnson checked in periodically during her discussions to make sure we had a full understanding so don't be shy. All questions are good and will help Dr. Johnson assess you as a patient to provide customized care.
Dr. Johnson and her team were extremely compassionate when it came to me and my husband's concerns. There were many women coming in and out of the facility but we felt like we always received one-on-one attention and care. Everything was on-time but never felt rushed.
I am still in the initial stages but I had to complete an HSG and blood work. She also provided me with a list of supplements to begin taking to help with fertility. Vitamin D, Prenatal, NeoQ10, DHEA 25. I am also going to have a hysteroscopy to detect if there is a polyp or fibroid in my uterus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons)
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is busy but very organized and had great communication flow. The facility is very patient focused. For example, there is signage on the wall advising that if you were waiting more than 15 mins, to let the front desk know. I loved this because as busy as they are, service and care were very personalized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
So far, I've had to may for the HSG (less than $500) and deductibles for blood-work/labs. Upcoming surgery will be less than $1500. Then we need to pay for treatments.
Charlotte

Dr Johnson has always taken the time to sit with us and go through each part of our diagnosis process. she takes the time to answer each question we have to the best of her ability and never rushes us though our appointments. she has always been very honest about outcomes and treatment options, even if it’s not what we want to hear ... Dr Johnson takes the time to really listen to mine and my partners wants and needs. she never makes me feel like I am one of a bunch of patients, she makes us feel like in the time we’re with her, she is 100% committed to us
We have seen 2 RNs while we have been at REACH and they both treated us with compassion and we felt like they were more so people we were getting to know and not just our doctors nurses ... Everything about the clinic has been great. the one thing I do have to say is that I have gotten double billed for services and with something that is as pricy and sensitive as fertility treatments, it’s just a minor flaw that can easily be handled by the finance department
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
If it is important to you to have a Dr that treats you like more then just another patient, Dr Johnson is your Dr

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Katz always made me feel like someone special. He would answer all of my questions honestly and would give me the answers that I needed to hear, not what I want to hear. He never let me leave feeling like I was just a number. I always left ready to come back for the next step. ... At the time of my transfer I was 21, and with that Dr. Katz wanted to only transfer 1 embryo. But I completely get it. They want to make sure you have 1 healthy embryo to make one healthy child.
They [REACH] definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. ... Selena and Kelly always made sure I had the answers that I needed when I would contact them on the portal. They never left me hanging. ... I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask him his opinion.
Every doctor visit, all of them knew us by our name and always treated us with great care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena and Kelly)
Describe your experience with REACH.
They definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
Charlotte

He [Dr. Katz] was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.... He explained everything in terms that my husband and I could easily Understand and was very caring as to how long of a process this has been with two miscarriages along the way
Nursing staff [REACH - Charlotte] was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment... Very organized. Helpful staff and super clean. I would recommend them to anyone looking for fertility care. They offer insurance type programs as well as financing options. Staff was welcoming to my husband and I.... It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.
Have any prior information with you from other OBGYNs or previous fertility doctor and be prepared to love his caring ness.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing staff was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.

2019, Consult
Dr. Whelan listened to my concerns and my opinions and informed me with information that I was unaware of. He told me everything that the other fertility Dr. Did not. He gained my trust...very attentive person who was very straight forward with me. He gave me the pros and cons. He gave me the chance to think everything over before I decided to make a decision. He never tried to push me to make a decision.
Front desk administrators staff [at REACH] needs to communicate with each other more. Pay more attention when making appointments. Clinical staffs are pretty good with getting patients back to see the Drs. in a timely fashion...Appointment time was scheduled wrong. Was given the wrong appointment time...[nurse was] Very nice and understanding. Explanation was very thorough and precise...
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He's a very attentive person who was very straight forward with me. He gave me the pros and cons. He gave me the chance to think everything over before I decided to make a decision. He never tried to push me to make a decision. That's what I loved about him.
He's very honest. Please be open minded.
Dr. Whelan listened to my concerns and my opinions and informed me with information that I was unaware of. He told me everything that the other fertility Dr. Did not. He gained my trust. He made me feel human unlike the other Dr. I've seen who made me feel like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Sue O Brien)
Very nice and understanding. Explanation was very thorough and precise.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Front desk administrators staff needs to communicate with each other more. Pay more attention when making appointments. Clinical staffs are pretty good with getting patients back to see the Drs. in a timely fashion. They are caring.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Appointment time was scheduled wrong. Was given the wrong appointment time.
Charlotte
For the few times I did actually see Dr Katz he was very nice and didn't rush us when we were talking to him. He had a good bedside manner. Never made us feel bad. When our first round didn't cause successful ovulation he adjusted my meds...Don't expect to always see him for follicle scans...Katz was very personable and treated me like a patient and not a number
All the staff and nurses [at REACH] we met and talked to were very nice and patient and if we didn't understand something they'd always answer our questions....Advocate for yourself and make sure you understand your treatment cycle 100% if you not be sure to call and ask questions. Use the online portal, if something isn't working don't be afraid to ask to try something new
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Don't expect to always see him for follicle scans
I thought Katz was very personable and treated me like a patient and not a number
We did Letrozole and ti the first round, after that we upped the Letrozole to 7.5 and added the Ovidrel trigger shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena )
All the staff and nurses we met and talked to were very nice and patient and if we didn't understand something they'd always answer our questions
Describe your experience with REACH.
He isn't always gonna be the doctor you see. Advocate for yourself and make sure you understand your treatment cycle 100% if you not be sure to call and ask questions. Use the online portal, if something isn't working don't be afraid to ask to try something new.
I don't honestly remember
Didn't get that far
Charlotte

We felt as if we were human because he [Dr. Joseph Whelan] constantly knew our story, and has continued to walk beside us as we make all of our own decisions in the options that he has given us. He is very knowledgeable and will give you honest advise.... My husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome from Dr. DeBord (a urologist in Concord, NC). This is a genetic syndrome that causes infertility. Our only option is now IVF.
I think this clinic [REACH- Charlotte] is very focused on the goal to help patients grow their family. They genuinely care for you as a person/couple, and they want to support you throughout your journey. This season of life is hard and this clinic has made it easier to accept that we are struggling through infertility. A weakness would be the cost, and I know there isn't much they can do about that. It is truly the only downfall to having to have an IVF treatment at this clinic
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
From the moment we became patients at REACH we felt like family. We have always been well taken care of and all of our questions have been answered appropriately. We trust this clinic and would recommend it to anyone.
Know that you are there to figure out your journey to growing your family. Dr. Whelan is honest, but kind. He wants to do what is safe and best for you.
We felt as if we were human because he constantly knew our story, and has continued to walk beside us as we make all of our own decisions in the options that he has given us. He is very knowledgeable and will give you honest advise.
My husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome from Dr. DeBord (a urologist in Concord, NC). This is a genetic syndrome that causes infertility. Our only option is now IVF. We have not started any treatments because we are trying to figure out our funds to be able to do so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica and Melissa)
The nurse staff was always helpful with every question that we had and continue to have. They have been a blessing throughout our journey to help us learn the specifics of infertility.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I think this clinic is very focused on the goal to help patients grow their family. They genuinely care for you as a person/couple, and they want to support you throughout your journey. This season of life is hard and this clinic has made it easier to accept that we are struggling through infertility. A weakness would be the cost, and I know there isn't much they can do about that. It is truly the only downfall to having to have an IVF treatment at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Most of my costs have been fully covered because we have only completed the testing portion of our infertility. IVF is our next step and our insurance will not cover it. We are struggling to figure out where we will find the funds.
Our doctor prefers eSET due to the higher risks with multiple embryo transfer.
Charlotte

Dr Johnson never made me feel rushed. She was honest but positive, candid but kind. She was extremely patient and overall wonderful...has done research specifically for my case, and changed treatment courses when things weren't working...[she] only wanted to transfer one for my first two transfers. Especially as I'm very small framed. After two failures, she let us elect to choose to transfer more if we wished.
Some of the nurses [at REACH] aren't my favorite. But there are a couple I absolutely adore. My nursing team feels like family. They all know me by name and genuinely care for me...I have done one egg retrieval and 5 transfer cycles. Two were cancelled. On both the cancelled cycles, Dr. Johnson adjusted the protocol and found a new thing to try...Overall ive only had one miscommunication. I was sent some inaccurate paperwork.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She is an amazing doctor. She has done research specifically for my case, and changed treatment courses when things weren't working. I have no bad things to say about her. She even remembers things I tell her unrelated to treatment, and will chat with me during procedures! I can tell she truly cares about me
Be prepared to ask lots of questions!
I have done one egg retrieval and 5 transfer cycles. Two were cancelled. On both the cancelled cycles, Dr. Johnson adjusted the protocol and found a new thing to try. We are still getting it right, but we are getting closer and closer. She has also performed numerous testing on me, including a hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
Some of the nurses aren't my favorite. But there are a couple I absolutely adore. My nursing team feels like family. They all know me by name and genuinely care for me.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic is great. The financial part sucks. They are bad communicators and often rude or insensitive. I dislike my financial coordinator. Everyone else is amazing. I'm friendly with the receptionists and phlebotomists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
Expensive. I think total cost so far is in the 40k area. Insurance covered a fair portion.
Dr. Johnson only wanted to transfer one for my first two transfers. Especially as I'm very small framed. After two failures, she let us elect to choose to transfer more if we wished.
Charlotte

Dr. Johnson is firm but also relatable. She makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing...I am still undergoing treatment. I am taking prenatals and other meds to prep for pregnancy soon...I appreciate that she has to be firm and give the facts. That can sting at times and difficult to accept, even when it is the truth
The front desk staff [of REACH] needs some sensitivity training. Everyone else is professional and easy to work with. Responsiveness is on point and they make me feel like I am important and that they are a part of MY team helping me get to my baby...She [Dr. Johnson] makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I appreciate that she has to be firm and give the facts. That can sting at times and difficult to accept, even when it is the truth. It would be awesome to incorporate some of the real-life successes using non-traditional methods that I've discovered on my own, but maybe that's not how it works.
Be prepared to hear the truth. But also know that she will help you achieve your dream of being a parent.
Dr. Johnson is firm but also relatable. She makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing. That helps in not feeling like you are just a part of a baby factory.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Everyone I have encountered has been awesome. Very helpful.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The front desk staff needs some sensitivity training. Everyone else is professional and easy to work with. Responsiveness is on point and they make me feel like I am important and that they are a part of MY team helping me get to my baby.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Don't remember, but nothing I didn't expect.

Embryo Freezing
So far so good no complaints [with REACH] and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....They [nurses] respond quickly...She [Dr. Matrika Johnson] makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom...She makes me feel as though she is only working with me and doesn't generalize things that are specific to me....I appreciate her approach and her outlook. When I broke down she talked me through it....she made it clear whatever she can do to make me a mother she will.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask questions because she will answer them for you.
She makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom.
They respond quickly
Describe your experience with REACH.
So far so good no complaints and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....I never imagined I would not be able to conceive naturally
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
I have awesome insurance so thus far my cost have been pretty minimal I'm just nervous for the IVF to start I've only had tests and noth my tubes removed
That step is coming soon
2019, Consult
Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information... Went in for a consultation and had ultrasound, blood work. Given treatment options. Everything look good, given numbers and I am just waiting to proceed financially. I also have some medical issues such as low iron and some immunization that I need to take care of and my partner needs a sperm analysis
The wait time [at REACH] was long waiting for the nurse and bloodwork. Everything was fine. I would say be on time, ready to get bloodwork, ultrasound and have your questions ready also have your spouse if possible... They called with updates and answer all my call through the patient portal.... Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information...Went in for a consultation and had ultrasound, blood work. Given treatment options
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He is great have your questions ready
Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information
He thought a normal IVF cycle would be best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Celeste)
They called with updates and answer all my call through the patient portal.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The wait time was long waiting for the nurse and bloodwork. Everything was fine. I would say be on time, ready to get bloodwork, ultrasound and have your questions ready also have your spouse if possible
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
I have fertility under my insurance there was no upfront cost initially. Once I reach my deductible it will work like medical insurance
Charlotte
Anytime I spoken with them [nurses at REACH] in office or by phone they were always very nurturing and made sure I understood everything...WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF...Definitely worth it. We drove about two hours. I do believe he [Dr. Richard Wing] could have gotten us pregnant we just didn't have the funds. He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help...He [Dr. Richard Wing] really took them time to go through previous treatments and testing and explain what he would do and why. I felt as he was trying to explain why we should do this test and for what reason not just to waste money...He really cares about his patients...WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF...He took them time to explain why IUI did not work with a previous clinic and why IVF would work...He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help...
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
He really took them time to go through previous treatments and testing and explain what he would do and why. I felt as he was trying to explain why we should do this test and for what reason not just to waste money.
He really cares about his patients.
WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Anytime I spoken with them in office or by phone they were always very nurturing and made sure I understood everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Definitely worth it. We drove about two hours. I do believe he could have gotten us pregnant we just didn't have the funds. He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help.
Charlotte

It's [REACH- Lake Norman] a well-oiled machine - they know what they are doing and seem to be current on all the newest research and technology. At times, I felt that the clinic was mildly disorganized and busy (they see SO many patients), but otherwise I was very pleased with how efficiently they run their clinic in order to help as many people as possible. NO place is perfect, and we were very pleased with this clinic! The receptionists were always very warm and friendly!
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr. Wing was exactly the doctor that we needed. Even though he has a ton of patients and at times I felt like more of a number, the truth is that his care over me was excellent. His review of my history was thorough, as was his diagnostic procedures. I felt like he left no stone unturned and did everything possible to set us up for success with our first IVF. His work is excellent and he is a brilliant doctor. He is also kind and warm. No doctor is perfect, and even if I can pinpoint little things about him or the clinic that I may not have preferred, I would not have traded the care I received for anything else. He knows his stuff and does everything he can to succeed. He is also knowledge and on-top of recent cutting edge research and tests in the field, so I felt like the care I got was top notch and in line with best practice. We loved Dr Wing and hope to use him again for our next transfer!
Hmm the only thing I can think of is to ask a lot of questions and if you have the urge to question what he is doing, try to trust that he really does know his stuff and closely paying attention to your case even if you didn’t see him in person at any given appointment.
Appointments felt quick. Repeat appointments sometimes reviewed the same info we had gone over the prior session.
I did 3 ovulation induction cycles with clomid or letrozole + ovidrel trigger shot, and once used Gonal F; 1 out of 3 resulted in a pregnancy, but unfortunately it ended up being an early miscarriage. With IVF, we did a Receptiva Dx biopsy which came back positive and therefore I was put on Lupron for 3 months prior to our frozen transfer. I don't remember all the stimulation drugs for IVF, unfortunately. Once transfer time came, I was given intralipid infusions 4 times before and after the transfer; I was also placed on 1mL intramuscular injection of progesterone in oil, 0.1mg estradiol (estrogen patches); heparin injections twice per day, and baby aspirin, as well as extra folic acid and vitamin D (in addition to my PNV).
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Denise and Sue)
These nurses new me by name and were very patient with my questions and anxiety. They were also very compassionate when I experienced my pregnancy loss early on, and also rejoiced with us when we first heard the heartbeat of this current (healthy) pregnancy. At times, I felt like I need to ask further questions in order to get more details (but that could just be me wanting to know everything), and sometimes I felt that some of the nurses weren't aware of the specifics of my situation. I did appreciate their prompt responses to all my phone calls and portal messages. I will miss them greatly!
Describe your experience with REACH.
It's a well-oiled machine - they know what they are doing and seem to be current on all the newest research and technology. At times, I felt that the clinic was mildly disorganized and busy (they see SO many patients), but otherwise I was very pleased with how efficiently they run their clinic in order to help as many people as possible. NO place is perfect, and we were very pleased with this clinic! The receptionists were always very warm and friendly!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
They were a very efficient and well-oiled machine. I never had to wait super long, even if there were a lot of people there for monitoring as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Our insurance didn't cover any fertility interventions, so it was quite expensive for us. However, it was helpful to have things packaged under one bundle, whether that be our Ovulation Induction Cycle or IVF package - this way we mostly just paid a one-time lump payment and that included all the monitoring and bloodwork, so we rarely got additional bills to worry about.
My doctor suggested we do 1 embryo transfer since I'm still semi-young (under 35) and we have no reason to think it won't be successful. I'm sure if this pregnancy fails (I'm 10 weeks now), and/or for future transfers as I get older, he may want to transfer more than 1 to increase our odds of success. Our clinic's goal is to give us "one healthy baby", rather than multiples which increase chances of complications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Only once or twice was the clinic confused as to the nature and timing of my appointment, but this was more likely due to the fact that they have two locations so sometimes communication between the two was not perfect. But it always got sorted out and resolved while I was there and only took a phone call to fix it. It was never much of a hassle for me at all. It never impacted my care.