1524 East Morehead Street
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

2017 - 2022, Successful
Dr Wing was adamant about only doing a single embryo transfer due to my younger age and embryo grade...It’s so apparent in the way he explains and reviews all things related to infertility. Not only is he the expert, but he is compassionate and understanding. He takes his knowledge and skills and meets you where you are to ensure you feel confident in your understanding of what he is reviewing.
[the REACH nurse was] Compassionate and kind. Understanding and willing to help...Monitoring appointments can be intimidating especially because at these appointments you can be made to feel like more of a number than a human...[Dr. Wing] takes his knowledge and skills and meets you where you are to ensure you feel confident in your understanding of what he is reviewing.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr. Wing is the expert. It’s so apparent in the way he explains and reviews all things related to infertility. Not only is he the expert, but he is compassionate and understanding. He takes his knowledge and skills and meets you where you are to ensure you feel confident in your understanding of what he is reviewing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Wing at REACH?
Take your list of questions. Dr Wing will answer them all and thoroughly. He is patient and kind and truly cares.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr. Wing is very personable and patient. He listens to my questions and concerns and does not make me feel rushed or less than. He values my emotions and goes above and beyond to make sure that I am comfortable with the plan as we establish it together.
Describe the protocols Richard Wing used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Dr Wing recommended IVF with ICSI due to male factor fertility with both of our IVF cycles. Our first cycle, we did a fresh transfer which resulted in a live birth and the most perfect beautiful daughter. Our second cycle, we did a fresh transfer and miscarried. We then did a frozen transfer that failed. We still have 2 frozen embryos and are awaiting to meet with Dr Wing to determine next steps.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Compassionate and kind. Understanding and willing to help. At times, I felt like a number as monitoring appointments are rushed.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The biggest weakness is the front desk lady simply because she is not compassionate and kind. Overlook her and you will feel valued and cared for. Keep your eyes on your goal of why you are even attending REACH and do not let one bad apple ruin the bunch.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Monitoring appointments can be intimidating especially because at these appointments you can be made to feel like more of a number than a human. They are very rushed and in and out for the most part. It’s like Black Friday and everyone is fighting for the pair of shoes at the top of the tower or in better terms first in line for when the doors open at REACH.
Total for 2 cycles: $45k
Describe Richard Wing's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My appointment time did not match the time that the lady at the front desk had for me which resulted in me waiting about 45 mins in my car.
2021 - 2022, Consult
Dr. Whelan made me a personalized fertility plan and checked in with us often. He asked personal questions that made us feel cared about...He is blunt and gives you details without sugar coating which is appreciated...walked us through the process and was patient with us...know that he does have your best interest in mind.
This clinic [REACH] is well known and has opened a second location that’s much more convenient. I believe some communication could be a little better but they still are great. The clinic location in downtown is a little outdated but the new location is very nice...I’ve only worked with the nurses over messenger with setting up future appointments and blood draws but they’ve been very kind and understanding.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is blunt and gives you details without sugar coating which is appreciated. We have been seeing him since Covid so all of our visits with him have been virtual but have still felt personal. I know we were probably difficult patients because we couldn’t come to terms with needing IVF. Dr. Whelan walked us through the process and was patient with us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Listen to what he has to say. Even if it isn’t what you want to hear, process it and know that he does have your best interest in mind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Describe the protocols Joseph Whelan used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We are at the beginning of our treatment but he already got us set up with a genetics lab to create a probe for the genetic condition my husband and I have.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic is well known and has opened a second location that’s much more convenient. I believe some communication could be a little better but they still are great. The clinic location in downtown is a little outdated but the new location is very nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
We have only spent some fees but we are estimated to spend $12,000-$20,000 in total.
Describe Joseph Whelan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
None.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
A NP that we first saw at REACH stated the genetic condition we had was causing miscarriages which was not true.
Joseph Whelan

2022, Unknown Success
I'm happy we found Dr Katz, Someone recommended me to see him after being disappointed with my other experiences, Best recommendation ever! He is honest, helpful and works with you for what you need. I'm not pregnant yet but we are working together on it...I love the service and the attention from doctors
I changed to the one [REACH] in Charlotte and the doctors are great, they actually put everything in the portal and call you later your appointment to talk about results and next steps...I love the service and the attention from doctors and the nursing staff...I'm happy we found Dr Katz, Someone recommended me to see him after being disappointed with my other experiences, Best recommendation ever! He is honest, helpful and works with you for what you need. I'm not pregnant yet but we are working together on it.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
listen and trust him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Pcos and male factor (low morphology) We agreed about to start letrozole 2.5mg two of them each day for 7 days starting the third day in my cycle, 6-8 pm every night. The letrozole helped me to ovulate and I had normal cycles (3) but we didn't get luck. I'm about to have my next appointment to talk about the next steps in our treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
I love the service and the attention from doctors and the nursing staff. (REACH -Charlotte.)
Describe your experience with REACH.
I did not have a good experience in Reach in Mooresville but I changed to the one in Charlotte and the doctors are great, they actually put everything in the portal and call you later your appointment to talk about results and next steps.
$1000 Ovulation induction

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Katz is amazing. He is the first male doctor I have allowed to treat me. He has made sure I understand all the testing and information provided to me. He is very friendly and down to earth. He is committed to his patients...experience in PCOS...very pleasant and takes the time to get to know his patients...He keep in contact with me.
Everything is perfect so far [at REACH - Charlotte]. I don’t have any complaints at all. If I need them they are always there. I’m very comfortable with the team I was provided. I asked for a Doctor with experience in PCOS and there wasn’t a problem with finding the right one...The nursing staff is very friendly and calls anytime anything needs to be communicated
Always listen
Dr. Katz is very pleasant and takes the time to get to know his patients
We did two rounds of Letrozole until my insurance was able to start. He keep in contact with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Everything is perfect so far. I don’t have any complaints at all. If I need them they are always there. I’m very comfortable with the team I was provided. I asked for a Doctor with experience in PCOS and there wasn’t a problem with finding the right one
Consultation was around $350
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Charlotte

[Dr. Richard Wing] answers questions in a very straightforward manner...very busy and sometimes was late for appointments, or our meetings seemed rushed. Most visits are with the nurses or the PA, you have to make a separate appointment to see Dr. Wing...we knew going into it the chances weren't good, as I have very low AMH...we had very few eggs retrieved and no viable embryos to transfer.
[REACH] forgot to call me with results...waited two weeks longer than when I was told to expect the results...challenges with communication and voicemails not being returned...online portal is slightly better...[nurses] are kind, friendly, and upbeat...offers a multi-cycle program that reimburses you if you do not conceive, however I did not qualify due to low AMH.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
I really like Dr. Wing, he is kind and has a good bedside manner. He answers questions in a very straightforward manner. He is very busy and sometimes was late for appointments, or our meetings seemed rushed. Most visits are with the nurses or the PA, you have to make a separate appointment to see Dr. Wing.
Make a list of questions to take with you ahead of time. Don't be afraid to ask for specific numbers, such as statistics on the outcomes within the clinic. It can be very overwhelming and difficult to remember everything you need to ask.
Dr. Wing is very kind in person. He is a very busy man and sometimes our meetings felt rushed.
I started with two courses of IUI - once with letrozole, which I did not respond well to, and once with Clomid, which had a better response. Neither resulted in pregnancy. I then did Clomid only (without IUI) for 2 months before moving on to IVF. We did one round of IVF but we knew going into it the chances weren't good, as I have very low AMH. It was not surprising when we had very few eggs retrieved and no viable embryos to transfer. Dr. Wing offered another round of IVF, but we decided against it because of the cost and low chances of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Chapelle)
The nurses are all wonderful - particularly Amy at the Lake Norman location! They are kind, friendly, and upbeat - exactly the type of demeanor that is needed for the job. They also remember details about you - they always asked how my work was going, remembered times when my husband was travelling, etc.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The biggest challenge with this clinic is communication. It is next to impossible to get ahold of anyone on the phone, and there have been many times when I have left messages that were never answered. Their online portal is slightly better, especially once you are an established patient because your portal messages are sent to your specific nurse. But not being able to get in touch with a provider for time-sensitive questions is problematic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Monitoring appointments were a breeze! They are from 7-8:30am, so I would show up around 7:45 and almost always was out of there by 8:15, usually sooner. I was never late for work which made the treatment more manageable for my schedule. Everyone at the Lake Norman location is incredible friendly and welcoming, starting with Wendy at the front desk!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Each IUI was about $1000, plus the cost of meds. IVF was about $13,000 plus meds, which for me was almost $4000. Unfortunately I have terrible health insurance that didn't cover any of it - but many insurance plans provide some coverage. REACH also offers a multi-cycle program that reimburses you if you do not conceive, however I did not qualify due to low AMH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
They forgot to call me with results once and I waited two weeks longer than when I was told to expect the results. I also had challenges with communication and voicemails not being returned.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Katz has always taken adequate time to talk to my husband and I about treatments, we've had multiple one on one meetings with him, everytime I see him in the office he treats me like a friend and gives us hugs and well wishes...[he]strongly recommends ESET at this point but will discuss multiple if appropriate...Stimmed for IUI/TI with letrozole and gonal F - overproduced 8 follicles so switched to a egg retrieval + invocell cycle
[nurse of REACH]treats you like a friend, very receptive and accomodating...The strength is the people, we love the nurses, coordinators, PA and doctors...The main weakness is the billing department, bills are sporadic and last minute. It is not clear when something needs to be paid. We are paying out of pocket and have no infertility coverage so this is really difficult...I have spent almost 40k so far
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is clear and direct. He tells it like it is but not in a way that's scary for me. I can tell he wants the best for us and wants us to be pregnant. He is willing to work with me to find the best option.
Trust your doctor, don't expect warm and fuzzy but do expect honestly and truthfulness.
1. Stimmed for IUI/TI with letrozole and gonal F - overproduced 8 follicles so switched to a egg retrieval + invocell cycle (with Dr. Wheelan) -- Retrieved 8 eggs, 5 eggs went into the device, 3 fertilzed day 5 embroys, fresh transfer (failed) 2. Lupron protocol for FET, estrogen pills, PIO shots, day 5 blast failed 3. ReceptivaRX test positive for endometriosis 4. Stimmed for egg retrieval, GONAL F etc.. full stim cycle, only retrieved 4 eggs, 3 fertilized, 2 were normal, 1 made it to day 7 blast 5. PGS test on 1 frozen day 5 embryo and fresh day 7 embryo - both genetically abnormal 6. Looking into donor eggs at this point, will do Lupron Depot protocol for endo treatment before FET at some point 7. Since we are benched due to COVID at this point I am doing an unmonitored medicated cycle with 5 days of letrozole
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Leigh Redd, Stephane Hartell )
Leigh is wonderful, treats you like a friend, very receptive and accomodating. We just started working with Stephane (donor egg coordinator) but she has been great so far.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The strength is the people, we love the nurses, coordinators, PA and doctors. We have seen almost every doctor at this point for monitoring and they have all been kind and caring. The main weakness is the billing department, bills are sporadic and last minute. It is not clear when something needs to be paid. We are paying out of pocket and have no infertility coverage so this is really difficult. Need someone other than Diane to help.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
No problems, sometimes it was busy but they ran everyone though well
I have spent almost 40k so far and I am not pregnant yet
Dr. strongly recommends ESET at this point but will discuss multiple if appropriate

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lauren Johnson and her team always treat you like you are their only patient... She is very thorough with her appointments and you never feel rushed in/out when seeing her...She has been through infertility herself...Originally we went in for unexplained infertility and was also diagnosed with PCOS...She explained everything, even drew us pictures to make it make sense. She answers all our questions no matter how crazy and redundant...
They [REACH] are very prompt with getting you in as soon as possible, they have financial counselors that talk to you say one and give you options. Anyone that has contact with you always introduces themselves and gives you a detailed explanation of what they can do for you or will be doing...For each IUI cycle we paid around $1800 including oral prescriptions, shots, ultrasounds, bloodwork, the semen deposit and cleaning and the procedure itself.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Lauren Johnson is a compassionate, driven, highly educated lady with a lot of experience. She has been through infertility herself. She is very thorough with her appointments and you never feel rushed in/out when seeing her. I would not recommend anyone else!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment even if it’s just for a consultation with her! You will not be let down! We went in thinking there would be no way we could afford it or even do anything other than meet with her, I was overwhelmed before going and then we got there and she has a calm nature about her. She explained everything, even drew us pictures to make it make sense. She answers all our questions no matter how crazy and redundant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Lauren Johnson and her team always treat you like you are their only patient. She is caring, honest, plans out your treatments step by step and even tells you about the what if situations and what’s next if plan A doesn’t work. After our first miscarriage they treated us like family... with support, love and open arms.
Describe the protocols Lauren Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Originally we went in for unexplained infertility and was also diagnosed with PCOS. She ran a very detailed bloodwork panel analyzing hormones, blood count, egg quality and count, numerous things as well as doing STD screenings on both of us and sperm analysis on my husband. We also had the option to do a test to check for abnormalities that may cause issues with a fetus long term prior to starting. Dr. Johnson goes through a detailed history of your medical history as well as your lifestyle and healthy changes you may need to partake in. After we go through that initial stuff she told us we would try an IUI first since my husband and I didn’t seem to have anything wrong other than me not ovulating on my own, he has a child so we shouldn’t have a problem on his side. We started the cycle by using progesterone to start my period followed up with a ultrasound and bloodwork to check my levels and to make sure I’m ready to start with the medicine to help me ovulate. (I had previously tried Clomid with my OBGYN with no success.) We started with Femara one pill a day for 5 days starting on cycle day 3-7. I did not respond and produce any mature follicles (I did have 25 cyst in one ovary and around 30 in the other) so we piggybacked and tripled up on Femara for the next 5 days with no luck and with one more piggy back we went back to Clomid and we had one mature follicle. After you confirm a mature follicle and bloodwork looked good we had to have do am Ovedril shot to help push the follicle out of the ovary and then have intercourse that night between 6-8. The next day we both had to go to the office for bloodwork (me) to check to make sure levels looked good as far at uterus lining and ovulation has or is currently taking place, my husband had to do a sperm deposit to be cleaned up and ready for use if I cleared with my bloodwork. They called us back in a few hours to report back at 11:45 and we had the IUI procedure. They walked us through it as it was our first one and explained everything in detail. The. You go on the dreaded two week wait to find out if you’re pregnant. In that time you still take your prenatal meds, any vitamins they put you on based on bloodwork and progesterone vaginal suppositories to help prevent first trimester miscarriage. We did become pregnant with a little girl with Dr. Johnson’s help then we were released from REACH at 10 weeks, however after being with my OBGYN We lost our little girl at 17 weeks and have currently been in for more IUI with maturing follicles in the first try with medication but no successful pregnancies yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Becky )
Becky is Dr. Johnson’s right hand lady! She greets you with a warm welcome and he always treated me as if I was her daughter coming in. I get hugs, she calls me back promptly and always comforts me and understands the struggles that come along with this. She always offers to be there for me in any way she can to help. She says she’s just one call away! She makes this place amazing!
Describe your experience with REACH.
They are very prompt with getting you in as soon as possible, they have financial counselors that talk to you say one and give you options. Anyone that has contact with you always introduces themselves and gives you a detailed explanation of what they can do for you or will be doing. Weaknesses - none for clinic just the travel time for me being 45 mins away and getting to work can be hard for morning bloodwork and ultrasound checks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
Describe Lauren Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Not applicable to us

2020, Unknown Success
Dr Wing is very knowledgeable and has been around since the start of the center. I felt as though he knew what he was talking about and is able to explain treatment throughly. [He] took time to answer all of our questions and did not seem rushed like other doctors in the past. He was also prompt to our appointment...We require genetic testing PGT-M and IVF. We are currently in the genetic stage and will advance to the IVF steps once our genetic pieces are together.
The clinics has a strength in timely communication. They [REACH staff] answer questions proptly and are very helpful. The clinic is very knowledgeable about options for our unique situation. Of course the cost is substantial and definitely considered a weakness and a barrier to treatment. I would also like patients to know that the parking is funky at the Lake Norman office. There is a parking deck with limited signage. Drive up to the top level and you can park right at the REACH door.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr Wing is very knowledgeable and has been around since the start of the center. I felt as though he knew what he was talking about and is able to explain treatment throughly. Dr Wing took time to answer all of our questions and did not seem rushed like other doctors in the past. He was also prompt to our appointment. I have waited in the waiting room before for other doctors for a long time, but not with Dr. Wing.
I would suggest that a patient do some research before on infertility treatment options and lingo prior to an appointment. Although Dr Wing breaks the info and terminology down, it is still a lot to take in and comprehend. Ask lots of questions. They are there to help you.
Everyone in the office is so kind - From the original phone call to schedule the first appointment to paying as we left. The staff is also very timely in getting our questions answered. They took time to review our case and long history of infertility and loss prior to meeting with us.
After 4 years of infertility and failed treatments at a different clinic, we spontaneously became pregnant with our son. He was born at 41 week and appeared perfect. He passed away at 3 days. He was diagnosed with a rare and often fatal metabolic condition. My husband and I found following his death that we are carriers for this condition. We require genetic testing PGT-M and IVF. We are currently in the genetic stage and will advance to the IVF steps once our genetic pieces are together. Dr Wing knew exactly the steps needed to give us hope for a healthy baby.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The entire nursing staff is so sweet and kind. They seem to really care and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinics has a strength in timely communication. They answer questions proptly and are very helpful. The clinic is very knowledgeable about options for our unique situation. Of course the cost is substantial and definitely considered a weakness and a barrier to treatment. I would also like patients to know that the parking is funky at the Lake Norman office. There is a parking deck with limited signage. Drive up to the top level and you can park right at the REACH door.
Our total estimate is between $25,000-33,000
Our Doctor recommended single embryo transfer to start with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We met with the PA for our original consult. She recommended we see a specific doctor (special to our case and not within the REACH center) in addition. She gave us this information and I disagreed with the need to do so. She consulted with Dr Wing and he said we did not need to do that additional step since we were already knowledgeable and did some screenings prior to coming.
Cornelius

[Dr. Lauren Johnson] Strengths: knowledgeable, straightforward, informative, professional, medically trustworthy. Weaknesses: lack of connection, made to feel like just a number or that I should already know what to do/what to expect, rarely communicate or meet face-to-face...I felt like a number because the process was rushed and information was thrown at me and treatment steps were taken before I even had time to comprehend everything
[REACH clinic] Weaknesses: Privacy was an issue for me. They would talk about personal matters while the door to the waiting room was open. Some of the clinical rooms were located right by the waiting room door. Strengths: the facility is absolutely beautiful. I felt so comfortable and calm...The nursing staff was warm, kind, empathetic to my situation, and made me feel like they truly cared.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Write down a list of questions to ask. And do not leave a consultation until they are answered and you are 100% comfortable.
I felt like a number because the process was rushed and information was thrown at me and treatment steps were taken before I even had time to comprehend everything. I felt like human because the nurse was so warm, gentle, and empathetic to my situation. I felt like she truly cared.
Tracking my irregular cycle. Calling on the 1st day of my period. If I didnt have one, then calling to let them know. I was prescribed medications to help me start. Then I'd call once I did. On day 3, i would arrive for an ultrasound of my uterus to count my eggs. Depending on the #, I would be prescribed medication and come back a week a so later for an additional ultrasound and bloodwork. At that time, they would decide when the IUI would take place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
I waited for an exceptionally long time to get any information on my cost of care.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I believe I have mentioned those specific issues in my answers to the previous questions.
Charlotte

Strengths [of Matrika Johnson]: strong communicator, kind bedside manner, very knowledgeable on alternative options, she is also realistic with her expectations. I could not imagine going through this experience with any other doctor, she has exceeded our expectations. ... We were diagnosed with male factor infertility to start. We started with an egg retrieval, I was on Cetrotide, Gonal, Lupron and Synthroid. We got 25 eggs, 15 fertilized but only one made it to an embryo. After that first cycle she concluded that I have poor egg quality and it was unexplained.
Front desk staff [REACH] are sometimes not as sensitive to patient needs. Response times in the patient portal are a hit or miss, sometimes its fast, other times it is slower. It is harder to get questions answered over the phone. ... Never had too many issues [with monitoring], they had you come in between 7am-8:30am - there was a wait sometimes but they typically will get through relatively quickly.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Strengths: strong communicator, kind bedside manner, very knowledgeable on alternative options, she is also realistic with her expectations. I could not imagine going through this experience with any other doctor, she has exceeded our expectations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She does her best to try to see you every time you come in for an appointment but there may be times where other nurses or doctors will see you based on availability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She took the time to explain everything in a way we could understand. I felt like she genuinely cared about our success and did everything in her power to make sure we had the best chances for success.
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility to start. We started with an egg retrieval, I was on Cetrotide, Gonal, Lupron and Synthroid. We got 25 eggs, 15 fertilized but only one made it to an embryo. After that first cycle she concluded that I have poor egg quality and it was unexplained. We did another egg retrieval and switched up the medications to see if we could get more and we ended up with no viable embryos. At that point we decided on transferring the one embryo we did have. We did get pregnant but ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Overall good, there were times that they were not as responsive and helpful but they have a large workload so overall it was okay.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Front desk staff are sometimes not as sensitive to patient needs. Response times in the patient portal are a hit or miss, sometimes its fast, other times it is slower. It is harder to get questions answered over the phone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Never had too many issues, they had you come in between 7am-8:30am - there was a wait sometimes but they typically will get through relatively quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
With insurance coverage we paid roughly $5000 out of pocket for two egg retrievals. After we exceeded our maximum deductible our transfer out of pocket cost was roughly $2000.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
She will only transfer one embryo, regardless of your age and likelihood of success.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
There was one time where I had to remind them to call in a prescription, not a huge deal for me.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Matrika Johnson] She will do everything in her power to help you get pregnant, and she will not force you to do anything. But she will let you know when it's time to move on to the next step...[she] was forced to follow Reach's protocols. But after our 2nd transfer, I brought up my concerns and she mirrored them and offered solutions...she takes my case to heart and cries with me, while remaining logical about our situation...
[REACH clinic] Your Doctor may not be the Doctor you see every visit, but all the Doctors are professional. I do not agree with their rule that every doctor must follow the same protocols. However I like how they have regular meetings to discuss patients that are having difficulties and trade ideas...My insurance played a major role. But my reach financial advisor was wonderful and she always have me a heads up before payment for the next cycle was due
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
MJ is very factual. She will not lie to you. She will not give false hope, but she does give hope. She will do everything in her power to help you get pregnant, and she will not force you to do anything. But she will let you know when it's time to move on to the next step.
In the beginning, you'll be just someone who is passing through. But the long you stay the more she takes it personal that you are still there. And the more she will get to know you and your husband. She is very dedicated to her patients.
In the beginning I know that I was one of the many patients that come to see her and pass through. Now that I have been with her for years, she takes my case to heart and cries with me, while remaining logical about our situation.
MJ was forced to follow Reach's protocols. But after our 2nd transfer, I brought up my concerns and she mirrored them and offered solutions. Going forward I believe she will help me fine tune until we get it right.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nurse are wonderful! Jessica cried on the phone with me after telling me I was miscarrying, and Missy trumped MJ to say I was pregnant after my first transfer cause she was so excited.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Reach will get you pregnant. That what I was told. However, their billing Dept is terrible. Your Doctor may not be the Doctor you see every visit, but all the Doctors are professional. I do not agree with their rule that every doctor must follow the same protocols. However I like how they have regular meetings to discuss patients that are having difficulties and trade ideas.
First come first served.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
My insurance played a major role. But my reach financial advisor was wonderful and she always have me a heads up before payment for the next cycle was due. They take payment before starting treatment.
MJ is very against multiple transfers. I would love to transfer 2 embryos, however it is against Reach's policy and MJ does not approve.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I only had one bad instance at Reach. I arrived late to my appointment and the front desk nurse sent me home for being late and told me to reschedule. I was miscarrying at the time. My team nurse called me later and asked why I didn't show and I told her how I was late and sent away. They got me in the next day, and upon leaving I heard the nurses being reprimanded for turning a patient away, especially one in my condition. I believe that MJ did her best to correct the problem
Charlotte

Dr Johnson was great. I feel she listened to my concerns and worked with the other doctors to come up with a plan for me. My situation was very unique and took several months to resolve. I do wish that we had skipped IUI's and went straight to IVF...Embryo transfer numbers are directly related to your specific situation. If you are young, healthy, and have no other risk factors they highly suggest only transferring one embryo as a multiple pregnancy comes with risk factors.
The monitoring is completed by the on call doctor for that day and you won't get specific instructions until later that day. The good news is, it does move quickly so you do not waste hours of your day at a Doctors office...You aren't assigned one specific nurse...I recommend using the online portal as much as possible so everything is documented..
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Give her a chance, she is very knowledgeable. Trust her judgment.
Dr Johnson worked tirelessly on my case. She always made time to address my issues or concerns and apologized when the clinic staff fell short in certain areas.
First IUI we used Clomid, next IUI was a cancelled Femara cycle, third IUI attempt was Femara and Estrogen cycle but was cancelled, last (2nd) IUI was injectables.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
You aren't assigned one specific nurse. I was a patient at the clinic during a time that a lot of changes happened and at any point in time I heard from or was speaking to a different nurse every time I called the office. It could get very confusing at times to not have one point of contact. I recommend using the online portal as much as possible so everything is documented.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Depending on the doctor you see, the clinic can be great. Keep in mind, not all doctors are created equal here. You will eventually see other doctors during monitoring appointments and morning monitoring is very much like a conveyor belt of patients.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
The monitoring appointments works as a well oil machine but it does move quickly and you will feel like a number. The monitoring is completed by the on call doctor for that day and you won't get specific instructions until later that day. The good news is, it does move quickly so you do not waste hours of your day at a Doctors office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
IUI's were 1200-1400 a piece. We were fortunate to have Insurance coverage for IVF but the retrieval was roughly 16K and transfer was 4K. A cancelled transfer (paying for the monitoring and testing) was 1200
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
When it was time for my FET I was given a very "cookie cutter" protocol. With my specific fertility issues, I knew and my doctor knew that "cookie cutter" would not work for me. The nursing staff had failed to schedule and FET consult and I was given a FET calendar that was not specific to my needs. This caused a slight delay in my treatment schedule and was very frustrating to deal with.
2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
I love the fact that she[Dr. Matrika Johnson] is willing to make time and speak with you. even though we were previous patients that left the facility and then returned she never made us feel bad about seeking help elsewhere and was more than willing to meet with us and pick up service with her. ... Original visit in 2016 with dr. Johnson was a hsg test and my husband had a semen analysis. We did a lot of blood work Frankie & him. I never really had any other treatment. In 2020 they did a semen analysis for my husband and we haven't had any other work done through this office
weakness [of REACH] is definitely the financial department as it took more than four or five estimates for them to get me the correct estimate and if you're not immediately prepared to pay for everything right then, then it seems the financial department has braces you to the side and I was actually told, "Call us when you've got the money ready." ... Strengths are having someone like nurse Harrell as a go between them and a support system for the patients. She does a great job early explaining things that he may be confused about and if she doesn't know the answer she will most certainly speak directly with your doctor and get back to you.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I love the fact that Dr. Matrika Johnson is compassion to the need a very sickening IVF or infertility treatment. I love the fact that she is willing to make time and speak with you. even though we were previous patients that left the facility and then returned she never made us feel bad about seeking help elsewhere and was more than willing to meet with us and pick up service with her.
Have your money ready and be ready to move immediately otherwise you'll be placed in the back and almost forgotten about
Dr. Johnson is very sweet and matter of fact and to the point. I know she has a large caseload because I am in a fertility as for her patience. But I think in order to remain professional at all times the course of action is a little more by the book to avoid a show of favoritism and it comes across and you feeling like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Harrell)
Stephanie was absolutely wonderful. I could ask her question after question and she was always open and receptive to answering me. Even after we left and months later I could email her back with questions and she would get back to me really quick. I was really glad to have her cooking with me as a go-between.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strengths are having someone like nurse Harrell as a go between them and a support system for the patients. She does a great job early explaining things that he may be confused about and if she doesn't know the answer she will most certainly speak directly with your doctor and get back to you. weakness is definitely the financial department as it took more than four or five estimates for them to get me the correct estimate and if you're not immediately prepared to pay for everything right then, then it seems the financial department has braces you to the side and I was actually told, "Call us when you've got the money ready."
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Finances has been one of the biggest issues I've had with dealing with this office. I've been given several different estimates for the same services because the financial department did not take the time to contact my insurance and get the correct information. I work for the same company that provides my insurance so I need my benefits going in and they did not believe that I have coverage when I did so I had to call the insurance company and have the insurance company reach out to them to get the correct information then I was told I didn't have good coverage and I do and so I had to stay on the financial department about getting in touch with my insurance and getting the correct amount and type of coverage I have. Right now I don't know what my final estimate would be for getting service through REACH because the most current estimate I've received is still inaccurate
I actually was not given a choice. I would prefer multiple egg transfer but my doctor's philosophy is you're trying to get a child so we're going to transfer a egg. Doing more than one transfer would be a waste.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We had to call multiple times to get the results of my husbands semen analysis test and they forgot to call in his prescription. My husband had to reschedule his first appointment and there was a mix-up and getting that done and the agent that helped him my schedule his appointment is very very rude to me and trying to assist my husband and getting things reschedule. She made it seem like I had no business calling on behalf of my husband.we are trying to get things financed to me for with donor egg transfer but because we don't have the exact amount of money required, how about that amount continues to change, we could almost no contact or feedback from the clinic unless I initiate.

2015 - 2020, Unsuccessful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I always felt informed [by Dr. Lauren Johnson] and understood what my next step would be. Dr. Johnson was very kind and was able to give me hope and explain what my challenges were and how we were going to go about it. Although I wish I was able to see her more at the appointments, the portal was a great way I was able to check message and ask questions...She has wonderful beside manor. She explained the procedures and what could or might not happen.
The strengths [at REACH] are they know what they are doing, they really have the knowledge and know what’s best for each person’s different story. The weakness is their billing department. Lots of confusion and miscommunication on charges...She [Dr. Johnson] has wonderful beside manor. She explained the procedures and what could or might not happen. Her team called me and updated me on test results and were always available to answer questions.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
I always felt informed and understood what my next step would be. Dr. Johnson was very kind and was able to give me hope and explain what my challenges were and how we were going to go about it. Although I wish I was able to see her more at the appointments, the portal was a great way I was able to check message and ask questions.
Take notes and come with questions ahead of time
She has wonderful beside manor. She explained the procedures and what could or might not happen. Her team called me and updated me on test results and were always available to answer questions.
She started with iui. The first one worked and I had my son in 2016. 6 months after his birth we did an IUI again and had a chemical pregnancy. Then 5 more iui’s that failed. I went on to get pregnant natural and it was ectopic. Dr. Johnson performed the surgery to remove the tube. I tried ivf with another doctor due to cost. Then after that fail went back to reach for embryo adoption.
Everyone was wonderful. So friendly and caring, passionate and helped me feel better about my losses.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The strengths are they know what they are doing, they really have the knowledge and know what’s best for each person’s different story. The weakness is their billing department. Lots of confusion and miscommunication on charges.
$6,000 for embryo adoption, $2,500 for 2nd transfer. $4,000 for iui
She said due to my age and health, I would only have one transfer at a time.
Charlotte

He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] pulled up our information and went through every single number with us laid out all of our options and answered questions candidly. He wasn’t pushy and discussed all options with us. We didn’t feel rushed at any point while talking to him...We began our treatment with multiple tests and met with [him] to go over the results. He laid out multiple options based on the results...
[staff of REACH] Communication is sometimes a struggle but when in the office they are extremely friendly and helpful! Financial communication is hit or miss which can cause a lot of stress. As a new patient just be aware that blood work is always done first thing in the morning...Our IUI was about $700 and per visit about $50. Insurance was taken.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is extremely descriptive, goes through all details with you and is willing to answer all questions. I feel like he is very up on research and is willing to discuss it with you throughly to give you all the information you could need.
He can be very technical so just be prepared for that. He isn’t going to sugarcoat anything.
He pulled up our information and went through every single number with us laid out all of our options and answered questions candidly. He wasn’t pushy and discussed all options with us. We didn’t feel rushed at any point while talking to him.
We began our treatment with multiple tests and met with Dr. Whelan to go over the results. He laid out multiple options based on the results. Original testing showed our sperm numbers slightly low but so we decided to try IUI. When the first one failed we re-evaluated and determined the next step of IVF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nurses are fantastic in person. I did struggle with communication with them sometimes.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Our IUI was about $700 and per visit about $50. Insurance was taken.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
One specific nurse failed to communicate my meds as directed by the doctor. I also was not given a phone call after monitoring.
Joseph Whelan
Charlotte

[Dr. Richard Wing] He was adamant that only one embryos would be transferred for the first transfer. He only allowed a 2 embryo transfer after our first single transfer failed...He could rarely remember details about my case such as how many embryos we had or how many we transferred...Ask any question you can think of in order to know as much as possible about what is going to happen to your body.
[REACH clinic] Their doctors are very knowledgeable but not always personable. Their nurses are compassionate but not the best at communicating...Total we paid around 28 thousand. About 15k was through reach for egg retrieval, 2 transfers, embryos cryopreservation, testing, and monitoring. About 3k was medication And the rest was genetic testing(PgD and pgs) through igenomix.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Wing was kind, knowledgeable, but somewhat scatterbrained at times. He easily forgot my case and specifics about it. There were multiple times where he forgot when I started a med, how many embryos I had left, or how many I transferred.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
They were very compassionate and caring but they are severely lacking in their communication.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Their doctors are very knowledgeable but not always personable. Their nurses are compassionate but not the best at communicating. And the entire billing department is terrible! If I were to do IVF again, I would go somewhere else solely because of their billing department.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Could be a chaotic cattle call or a well oiled machine depending on who was working.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
During my first transfer cycle, I had a bad reaction to a medication. I was specifically told unless I started having trouble breathing they weren't going to do anything about it.
Charlotte
Dr. Johnson is exactly the type of doctor I needed. She is warm, empathetic and answered all my questions and worries thoroughly and never acted like she was in a rush...extremely smart and up to date on the latest studies etc. I felt like my care was tailored to my situation...makes sure I understand what the plan and outlook are...her nurses are very responsive and helpful over the patient portal.
They [REACH] were able to schedule a first appointment very quickly...Front desk and nurses are very friendly...billing is handled by a 3rd party company so sometimes you receive delayed bills which don’t reflect your actual balance, but the financial counselors were always able to confirm my actual balance...When there was a delay in my medication shipment, they offered me a one day sample of gonal F which was very helpful during an extremely stressful situation.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson is exactly the type of doctor I needed. She is warm, empathetic and answered all my questions and worries thoroughly and never acted like she was in a rush. She is extremely smart and up to date on the latest studies etc. I felt like my care was tailored to my situation.
Even if you forget to ask a question during the visit, her nurses are very responsive and helpful over the patient portal.
Seeing Dr. Johnson was wonderful compared to my last doctor. She is really warm and takes time to answer all questions and makes sure I understand what the plan and outlook are.
Used gonal f and low dose hcg prior to egg retrieval. Triggered with lupron. Then post transfer was PIO and 3x/daily estradiol pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Very responsive and helpful. When there was a delay in my medication shipment, they offered me a one day sample of gonal F which was very helpful during an extremely stressful situation.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They were able to schedule a first appointment very quickly as opposed to other practices in the area. Front desk and nurses are very friendly. Their billing is handled by a 3rd party company so sometimes you receive delayed bills which don’t reflect your actual balance, but the financial counselors were always able to confirm my actual balance.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Monitoring was usually very quick and efficient. I appreciated the 3 hour window they offered which gave me flexibility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
$6,000 in medication, $5,000-6,000 for care through the clinic. Partially covered by insurance.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I felt like a human [with Dr. Wing]. He gave me two different in depth consults before and after treatments. He answered all of our questions...While I didn’t see Dr Wing often during treatments I loved his team. He was very thorough in the consults and data results meetings. It would have been nice to have him do the treatments instead of a doctor I didn’t know at all. I understand that’s how it’s done but that wasn’t explained upfront.
Each iui was about $500 plus medications [at REACH]...Strengths; you get seen pretty quickly. They have a great system about quickly getting bloodwork done in a timely manner. The online portal is great too. Weaknesses; communication! You try to call and call and it’s so hard to reach someone with answers...While I didn’t see Dr Wing often during treatments I loved his team. He was very thorough in the consults and data results meetings. It would have been nice to have him do the treatments instead of a doctor I didn’t know at all. I understand that’s how it’s done but that wasn’t explained upfront.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
I would explain to them that he is going to try to explain everything going on but you probably won’t see him for your actual treatments. I would also tell them that he has a great nursing staff.
I felt like a human. He gave me two different in depth consults before and after treatments. He answered all of our questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Each iui was about $500 plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I can’t say for sure but I waited at the pharmacy for over an hour because Reach told me the sent my RX. The pharmacy never got it and she showed me her screen. I finally got a great nurse on the phone and she said she would send it over right then. It was only then that we got it at the pharmacy.
Charlotte

[Dr. Seth Katz] put me on OI for a few months and when that was unsuccessful, he identified my endometriosis which had gone unnoticed for a long time. He did my surgery. He was correct that I had endo and he was able to come up with a treatment plan. We looked into ivf and then the pandemic happened...He was straight to the point and didn’t give me the run around which I appreciated.
The clinic [REACH] was quick and efficient but busy often. It felt impersonal but I know they are the best around so I trusted them. I appreciated their effectiveness in treating me but wish they had been a little more warm and personal...Dr. Katz put me on OI for a few months and when that was unsuccessful, he identified my endometriosis which had gone unnoticed for a long time.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
I felt he was very knowledgeable and could help me achieve my goals. He completed my surgery for me and I felt I was in good hands. He was straight to the point and didn’t give me the run around which I appreciated.
He gives a lot of information! Be prepared to receive it
Dr. Katz put me on OI for a few months and when that was unsuccessful, he identified my endometriosis which had gone unnoticed for a long time. He did my surgery. He was correct that I had endo and he was able to come up with a treatment plan. We looked into ivf and then the pandemic happened.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
I felt they were impersonal
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic was quick and efficient but busy often. It felt impersonal but I know they are the best around so I trusted them. I appreciated their effectiveness in treating me but wish they had been a little more warm and personal.
I can’t remember
None
2020, Consult
Dr Katz was very kind, we did an online consultation because of the coronavirus issue... He did explain eveyrthing that we wanted to know...was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at...He seems to have a lot of knowledge abot fertility and he is a very kind doctor.
The costs [at REACH} seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...So far we just had one consultation, but Dr Katz was very prompt in answering our questions e explained the options that we have. Right now we have to do all the primerly tests and see where we at with our health. We are planning to do embryo freezing due to my age.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
We just had one consultation with Dr Katz online last month. What I can say is that we was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at.
We didnt have any cycles yet due to corona virus.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The costs seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...
The doctor mention that its up to us to decide what we would like to do, but first he need to check our health first.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
So far we have no complaints.

How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is very knowledgeable. He is honest from the beginning and tells you like it is. He is not there for the run around. He recommended IVF from the beginning but agreed to try IUI and see if we got lucky because it is what we chose to do first as IVF is expensive. He does what he can to help financially with his admin team. Dr. Katz is very straight to the point and I really like that about him. He is a very friendly man and knows exactly what he is doing. He gave me and always gives me hope each time. He is very patient and is always there for you.
Listen to everything he says for he is extremely knowledgeable and he has seen it all.
Dr. Katz’s team is absolutely wonderful. They are very caring and they are always at your service. They will all try to help as much as possible including phone call follow ups, hugs, and calls to show they care. The team is exceptional and they always want what is best for you. They answer all your questions and treat you like you are important.
I started with comid for 5 days and a trigger shot to do an IUI. I did this for 2 rounds. I have mild PCOS and my husband has a low sperm count. He recommended IVF and not to waste more money on another IUI as we have no coverage for it and had to pay out of pocket.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nursing staff is what makes his team absolutely amazing. They are who you see more than anyone and luckily I got the best. Every single nurse on Dr. Katz’s team is phenomenal. They are caring, detailed, and helpful with this hard process we go through. They will do anything it takes to make you feel comfortable and part of a family.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The only thing I would change is the office staff. The first time we walked into REACH we were there for our very first consultation. As nervous as we were we were hoping to see smiles and welcoming staff when we first walked in. That isn’t what we got. The front desk wasn’t very friendly nor approachable. If you ask me that is the first thing that makes a clinic great is the customer service. The front desk was very snippy and wasn’t helpful with questions or information. Another financial member was also very unfriendly and rude. We chose to deal with another financial advisor from the clinic and thankfully she is amazing which is who we deal with now.
IUI $800 and IVF $12,300
Charlotte

[Dr. Adelina Emmi is] Very knowledgable and experienced. She's very efficient in her visits. I was never kept waiting long even with unexpected visits. I always liked her in person. On the other hand, I always felt like I had to really dig for any information. I was treated as if I already knew everything. I did a lot of research at home after leaving appointments.... With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
I experienced a lot of challenges communicating with my care team [at REACH- Cornelius]. My Dr. and team treated me as if I knew everything about fertility and I had to ask a lot of questions. (I'm a newbie). I felt like I never knew what to expect. For example, I had an IUI one day that I wasn't aware I'd be having. And then one time I missed the opportunity to complete a treatment because the nurse did not provide a prescription (after I drove an hour and a half to a specialty pharmacy to get it). It was a mess.
How was your experience with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adelina Emmi at REACH?
If you're familiar with fertility concepts or have someone in your life who is, you'd probably have a great experience. If not, do some research ahead of time and bring questions with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
She was always very sensitive to any questions or concerns that I might have.
Describe the protocols Adelina Emmi used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and had already tried 3 cycles of Clomid with my OBGYN without positive results. With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Rose)
The office coordinator and lab nurse were great and always very helpful. My care nurse who coordinated things for the Dr. was challenging to work with. She forgot to give me a prescription at two different points in my treatment. One of which resulted in me not being able to finish a cycle.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I personally had to dig for any information I needed, but I don't know if that was my care team or the clinic overall. It took a long time for my patient portal account to get set up and that seemed to hinder communication. At times it was challenging to get someone on the phone. Ask for a direct line to your specific care team and learn who does what/who to contact for what in the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adelina Emmi at REACH.
Out of pocket I paid a few hundred dollars once we got to the point of using injectable medicines(for medicine and the consolation fee). I also paid a $200 consultation fee per cycle for Ovulation Induction or IUI treatments. Most nurses remarked that I had good insurance - meaning they covered almost if not all of most tests, procedures and prescriptions. However, I only had a $5000 lifetime max for fertility procedures which only covered up to 2 Ovulation Induction or IUI cycles - which is why the nurse making a mistake was so disappointing in my last cycle.
Describe Adelina Emmi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I experienced a lot of challenges communicating with my care team. My Dr. and team treated me as if I knew everything about fertility and I had to ask a lot of questions. (I'm a newbie). I felt like I never knew what to expect. For example, I had an IUI one day that I wasn't aware I'd be having. And then one time I missed the opportunity to complete a treatment because the nurse did not provide a prescription (after I drove an hour and a half to a specialty pharmacy to get it). It was a mess.
Adelina Emmi

2019, Consult
When I met with Dr Katz I was about a week out from my second ectopic surgery that left me with no tubes. I was in a lot of Emotional pain. Dr Katz gave me answers and clarity when no one else could. I appreciate him for that. But there was no compassion for my situation. It was clear that this was business...Have a thick skin. He’s a funny guy and doesn’t sugar coat...He said that I would only be able to transfer one.
They [REACH clinic] succeed at what they do...It felt like they didn’t care about me. They had to make sure I had a higher success rate before accepting me and right after they did it went right into the financials...met with the nurse Susan to go over my protocol and Diane to go over financials I melted down. They were both very very sweet...purchase an insurance package that was 25000 that gives you 12000 back if you are unsuccessful.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He knows what he’s doing and I trust his knowledge. But I can’t get on board with over monetizing something as painful as infertility. When I met with Dr Katz I was about a week out from my second ectopic surgery that left me with no tubes. I was in a lot of Emotional pain. Dr Katz gave me answers and clarity when no one else could. I appreciate him for that. But there was no compassion for my situation. It was clear that this was business. If I had 25,000 I probably would have stayed. But That’s why I’m going with CNY. They genuinely care about helping people and affordable.
Have a thick skin. He’s a funny guy and doesn’t sugar coat.
It felt like they didn’t care about me. They had to make sure I had a higher success rate before accepting me and right after they did it went right into the financials. They are supposed to be doing my monitoring when I receive treatment at CNY and they have been completely unresponsive. The nurse (Susan) and financial lady (Diane) where very kind to me.
I was on a very standard IVF cycle protocol. No extra medications that I can recall. But I never got any meds from them. I got a protocol and the financial info the same day and that was the last of it
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
When I first went to reach I had no idea about IVF and was completely unprepared. So when I met with the nurse Susan to go over my protocol and Diane to go over financials I melted down. They were both very very sweet. Diane even started crying too. That meant a lot. That was really my only experience with the staff.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They succeed at what they do. As long as you have that kind of money it’s a good choice. I would have started my life as a new parent in debt and I don’t want that. I’m only 27. Maybe if I was older and established it would have worked out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The IVF cycle was 12000 not including meds. My total was around 25000. We were going to purchase an insurance package that was 25000 that gives you 12000 back if you are unsuccessful.
He said that I would only be able to transfer one.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Nope just expensive and operate like a business

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Wing is thorough and friendly. He made me feel like I was his only patient. He studied my history and made me feel like he truly cared. He developed a plan for me and went over everything with me. When my body didn’t react to certain things, he adjusted methods and informed me along the way.... My prolactin levels were very high so he started me on Cabergoline to lower them. It worked for that purpose and I still take it currently. He also put me on Femara to grow my follicles but my body didn’t react at all to it.
They [REACH] have 2 locations so it’s convenient. You can go back and forth between locations with no problem. They’re also open 7 days a week! Their finance team helps you understand what your insurance covers so you can plan for expenses. One weakness is that you talk to different nurses each time you call and you see whichever doctor is doing monitoring appointments that day when you’re doing a cycle.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Trust him but never be afraid to ask questions because it’s YOUR journey!
Dr. Wing takes his time when explaining things. His bedside manner is very good. He is caring and truly makes you feel like he is invested in you.
My prolactin levels were very high so he started me on Cabergoline to lower them. It worked for that purpose and I still take it currently. He also put me on Femara to grow my follicles but my body didn’t react at all to it. My first IUI cycle failed because the medicine didn’t work. Next cycle, he put me on gonal-f injections to grow my follicles and low dose hcg. He started me at 75iu of gonal-f each cycle. Sometimes he had to increase to 100 and the last cycle he increased to 125. I did a total of 2 injection cycles for IUI and neither was successful. The last cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
Denise was amazing! She is so kind and reassuring when you talk to her. You can tell she cares about her patients and their success. Some of the other nurses are very short and she is not. Some of the other nurses seem to not be very knowledgeable or give conflicting instructions. One nurse got the dosage of my 2 injections mixed up when she called to tell me I needed to increase them. Thankfully, I caught it and questioned it.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They have 2 locations so it’s convenient. You can go back and forth between locations with no problem. They’re also open 7 days a week! Their finance team helps you understand what your insurance covers so you can plan for expenses. One weakness is that you talk to different nurses each time you call and you see whichever doctor is doing monitoring appointments that day when you’re doing a cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
IUI cycle was $1000 without insurance. That includes monitoring ultrasounds, bloodwork and the insemination. Medication is not included.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My follicles weren’t maturing so they increased my dosage. When the nurse called, she told me the units to take of each injection but got them reversed. Luckily, I knew that one of them was always higher than the other and I questioned it.
Charlotte

Dr. Katz treated me very well...very warm and understanding. He was very compassionate to the issues we had been having and our fears. We brought a long list of questions to our consult and he answered everyone without ever making us feel rushed. He also was very LGTBQ friendly...We went to Dr. Katz for our second IVF cycle after being diagnosed with poor egg quality and not liking our previous doctor.
The are terrible and communication and their financial department [at REACH] has no idea what they are doing. You have to look in to your own insurance coverage and investigate yourself or you will lose money. You must be a constant advocate for yourself...The team forgot that I was even supposed to start Ivf. So I ended up rushing to get meds last minute. They all were going on vacation during this time so while I struggled to get meds last minute and get meds approved I talked to a different nurse everyday and they never knew what was going on. That is one example. I would say they are starting to improve their communication. Now they always answer the phone but I have to be a real advocate for myself and really know h the plan to make sure mistakes don’t happen.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
I found Dr.Katz to be very warm and understanding. He was very compassionate to the issues we had been having and our fears. We brought a long list of questions to our consult and he answered everyone without ever making us feel rushed. He also was very LGTBQ friendly.
Make the most of your time with him and don’t be afraid to ask to speak with him when you are having issues. He will fix whatever problem for you.
Dr. Katz treated me very well but sometimes the communication thru his practice was lacking which made me feel like a number
We went to Dr. Katz for our second IVF cycle after being diagnosed with poor egg quality and not liking our previous doctor. He was wonderful and decided to do a very aggressive med protocol to try and get us as many eggs and possible. We didn’t do birth control like our previous cycle instead we did Lupron. We did gonal f, Omnitrope, low dose HCG, cetrotide and HCG trigger. We ended up with 15 eggs, 11mature, 9 fertilized, they all grew slow after that so we ended up with one day six and one day seven. We sent for pgs because we had no pgs normal our first retrieval. This time the day seven ended up being pgs normal. We transfer it in October! Dr. Katz felt the Omnitrope would be the big help with pgs results being improved so I am hoping that is what made the difference.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The are terrible and communication and their financial department has no idea what they are doing. You have to look in to your own insurance coverage and investigate yourself or you will lose money. You must be a constant advocate for yourself
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Long wait times depending on when you arrive in the monitoring window of 7am to 830 am. Efficient once you are seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The cost ranged quite a bit because I had medical coverage.
Dr. Katz was clear he would only transfer one embryo at a time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
The financial nurse told me to pay out of pocket for my meds to avoid using up my 10,000 max lifetime insurance coverage. Turns out she was wrong and it didn’t go towards it at all. We lost thousands. The nursing team forgot about me multiple times so I had delay in starting cycles or torture to get the right meds.