7.2

Cornelius
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

Dr. Katz was very thorough in his explanations, and what the next steps would be if I made choices to proceed with treatment. He was a good listener to my concerns and answer any questions that I had, or questions my husband had. I never felt rushed at any of the office visits...Dr. Katz suggested laparoscopy in order to make a diagnosis for the infertility. Results were blocked fallopian tubes.
Strength [at REACH- Charlotte] is they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness is that you have to leave a message every time you call, and then you will receive a call back. You cannot call and reach someone. The nurse even told me this at my very first visit...Nursing staff was friendly. I was only with them briefly before seeing Dr. Katz. The front desk person was the person who took my blood...
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
Come prepared with questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz was very informative, very upfront, and was willing to answer all of my questions.
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strength is they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness is that you have to leave a message every time you call, and then you will receive a call back. You cannot call and reach someone. The nurse even told me this at my very first visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Cost was expensive. The bill I received did not reflect final insurance payment, so I had to call and discuss to get it refiled again.
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
He gave his opinion that multiples were high risk, and the babies could be very sick. And that his clinic is actually "docked" (or would be in the future) for multiple transfers, since the medical cost after birth far exceeds single transfers.

2013 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] has a good bedside manner. He was very informative and explained everything in detail so that we could understand it. He explained all of the procedures and reasons behind doing them. We never left feeling confused or let down.... Husband and I both were tested in the beginning. Husband’s sperm was tested for mobility. I had a dye test done on my uterus, Fallopian tubes and ovaries to make sure nothing was blocking the eggs from reaching the sperm. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We had been trying to conceive for 6 years prior. Dr. Whelan recommended IVF.
[REACH is] Very organized with the exception of the billing department. They waited too long to bill my insurance and I got a bill exactly one year later. Was not happy about it. Found out they also messed up the numbers on my file and then tried telling me that my insurance denied them. Not true.... They [the nursing staff] had very good bedside manners. Very compassionate. Very informative.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He has a good bedside manner. He was very informative and explained everything in detail so that we could understand it. He explained all of the procedures and reasons behind doing them. We never left feeling confused or let down.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Try to be patient and understanding of why they perform the tests and procedures that they do. Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He was very knowledgeable and kind. Explained everything in detail. Never felt rushed. Good bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Joseph Whelan used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
They had very good bedside manners. Very compassionate. Very informative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Don’t remember the costs. Insurance covered most of it. I think we paid $1500.

2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Katz was the only doctor at the practice willing to take on my case as a single mother using known donor sperm. While initially hesitant, once I cleared all of the required psych evaluations he was 100% committed to my treatment. I mostly saw other doctors for mid-cycle checks and such, but Dr. Katz was always there for my procedures or any big tests.
While I feel like my actual care was handled well, the billing department [at REACH in Charlotte] was always a mess. I had partial insurance coverage and for some reason they could never get things billed correctly...Dr. Katz was always very willing to explain things to me, listen to my ideas and questions and had no problem letting me make decisions and recommendations regarding my own treatment. Melissa, his nurse was always warm and personable and very willing to communicate with me. The only times I felt more like a number was when I saw a different doctor for cycle check appointments.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Show an interest in your own course of treatment, he will listen to you.
I did all IUI with Letrozol. I had no real fertility issues outside of my age so it was just a matter of increasing my chances and timing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I loved Melissa! She was supportive, open and willing to talk at any time.
Describe your experience with REACH.
While I feel like my actual care was handled well, the billing department was always a mess. I had partial insurance coverage and for some reason they could never get things billed correctly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
If I remember correctly, IUI cycles were approx. $1,500 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My only issues were with the billing department and trying to coordinate my payments as well as my insurance companies payments.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I felt like a human [with Dr. Wing]. He gave me two different in depth consults before and after treatments. He answered all of our questions...While I didn’t see Dr Wing often during treatments I loved his team. He was very thorough in the consults and data results meetings. It would have been nice to have him do the treatments instead of a doctor I didn’t know at all. I understand that’s how it’s done but that wasn’t explained upfront.
Each iui was about $500 plus medications [at REACH]...Strengths; you get seen pretty quickly. They have a great system about quickly getting bloodwork done in a timely manner. The online portal is great too. Weaknesses; communication! You try to call and call and it’s so hard to reach someone with answers...While I didn’t see Dr Wing often during treatments I loved his team. He was very thorough in the consults and data results meetings. It would have been nice to have him do the treatments instead of a doctor I didn’t know at all. I understand that’s how it’s done but that wasn’t explained upfront.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Wing at REACH?
I would explain to them that he is going to try to explain everything going on but you probably won’t see him for your actual treatments. I would also tell them that he has a great nursing staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Wing at REACH?
I felt like a human. He gave me two different in depth consults before and after treatments. He answered all of our questions.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Each iui was about $500 plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I can’t say for sure but I waited at the pharmacy for over an hour because Reach told me the sent my RX. The pharmacy never got it and she showed me her screen. I finally got a great nurse on the phone and she said she would send it over right then. It was only then that we got it at the pharmacy.
Richard Wing
Charlotte

Dr. Matrika Johnson was extremely delicate and sensitive to all that I have been through. ... Dr. M Johnson was very knowledgeable and gave me great information. She did an exam and made sure that she understood all details before making a decision. ... I saw Dr. M Johnson for a second opinion after a cancelled IVF cycle with another clinic.
I had a hard time getting this clinic [REACH] to send my records to a different clinic. It took a very long time but in the end, it did get done. ... The financial coordinators at this clinic are hard to get in touch with and don't usually have quick answers. This clinic is very busy so plan to wait some. Use the patient portal to communicate the fastest.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I saw Dr. M Johnson for a second opinion after a cancelled IVF cycle with another clinic. Dr. M Johnson was very knowledgeable and gave me great information. She did an exam and made sure that she understood all details before making a decision.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
There are 2 Dr. Johnson's at REACH. Be sure you are meeting with the correct one!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I saw Dr. M. Johnson for a workup and consult so we did not use any medication. She did an internal ultrasound in order to see better what was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons)
Jessica was great with communication and answering all of my questions. She was also great at answering portal messages very quickly.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
The cost for the consultation was $95.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I had a hard time getting this clinic to send my records to a different clinic. It took a very long time but in the end, it did get done.
Matrika Johnson
Charlotte

Dr Johnson has always taken the time to sit with us and go through each part of our diagnosis process. she takes the time to answer each question we have to the best of her ability and never rushes us though our appointments. she has always been very honest about outcomes and treatment options, even if it’s not what we want to hear ... Dr Johnson takes the time to really listen to mine and my partners wants and needs. she never makes me feel like I am one of a bunch of patients, she makes us feel like in the time we’re with her, she is 100% committed to us
We have seen 2 RNs while we have been at REACH and they both treated us with compassion and we felt like they were more so people we were getting to know and not just our doctors nurses ... Everything about the clinic has been great. the one thing I do have to say is that I have gotten double billed for services and with something that is as pricy and sensitive as fertility treatments, it’s just a minor flaw that can easily be handled by the finance department
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Johnson at REACH?
If it is important to you to have a Dr that treats you like more then just another patient, Dr Johnson is your Dr
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Charlotte
Dr. Whelan personally preformed all of our ultrasounds while we were monitoring our eggs before retreaval. He also took time to make sure we understood exactly what was happening and to be expected...was very thorough with our visits! He took time to address any questions and made sure we understood exactly what was happening and what to expect. I trust Dr. Whelan 100% in the care that he gave us and would be happy to be under his care again in the future.
Nurse/provider care [at REACH] is amazing however the front staff could use a little help with communication skills and people person skills. Billing Department is a little impersonal as well. I feel like because the office is so busy they have become immune to the worries of the patients that come in that office. Just don't let the front staff and billing Department ruin your feelings towards the medical staff...Our nurse was very thorough and always offered her help with any questions or concerns we had
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Dr. Whelan was very thorough with our visits! He took time to address any questions and made sure we understood exactly what was happening and what to expect. I trust Dr. Whelan 100% in the care that he gave us and would be happy to be under his care again in the future.
To go into your visits with questions written down so that you are able to address all of your concerns without forgetting anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Nurse/provider care is amazing however the front staff could use a little help with communication skills and people person skills. Billing Department is a little impersonal as well. I feel like because the office is so busy they have become immune to the worries of the patients that come in that office. Just don't let the front staff and billing Department ruin your feelings towards the medical staff.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I have always been treated with respect and Dr Johnson made sure that we had a good level of understanding. I never felt that she was rushed in our interactions....Dr Johnson is very professional and caring. She helped me feel at ease with the plan we decided on. I felt very confident with her clinical decision-making, and in fact we did not have any issues until other providers in the practice were involved in the most critical stages of the process.
Overall the clinic staff [REACH] that I interacted with were professional and caring. I was disappointed in key decisions that were made during my ivf cycle, and the lack of responsibility from a clinic leadership perspective after the fact.... The nursing team is wonderful — a very caring and compassionate group. I was always able to communicate with the nursing staff and receive replies back within a very reasonable time frame.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Discuss the need for potential contingency plans in the event unexpected situations arise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Describe your experience with REACH.
Overall the clinic staff that I interacted with were professional and caring. I was disappointed in key decisions that were made during my ivf cycle, and the lack of responsibility from a clinic leadership perspective after the fact.
Describe Lauren Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
I felt Dr Johnson sufficiently discussed the pros and cons of both options.
Charlotte
He [Dr. Joseph Whelen] treated me like a human and explained everything to me but I felt very rushed like he had other patients waiting and he just kept suggesting that I go straight to IVF and I felt I'm young and want to find out to root of my problem...I felt as if everything wasn't explained to me and IVF seemed so daunting to me. I needed more time to understand what the process was. He is very nice though but I feel too many patients are booked at once.
Well they [nurses at REACH Charlotte] forgot to call in my prescription before my IUI's and also I called over five times to have my paperwork switched to my gyno with no response...Strengths would be niceness but weakness's would be office flow of paperwork and organization. The financial lady is even a bit mean. Returning phone calls can be a nightmare...We did four IUI's but I don't recall the medicine used except that I gave myself a shot in the stomach theee days straight
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is very knowledgeable but also very matter of fact! I felt as if everything wasn't explained to me and IVF seemed so daunting to me. I needed more time to understand what the process was. He is very nice though but I feel too many patients are booked at once.
To ask for a longer appointment
He treated me like a human and explained everything to me but I felt very rushed like he had other patients waiting and he just kept suggesting that I go straight to IVF and I felt I'm young and want to find out to root of my problem
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Everyone was very nice and compassionate.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Well they forgot to call in my prescription before my IUI's and also I called over five times to have my paperwork switched to my gyno with no response

2005 - 2012, Successful
She was very thorough, and caring. I had total confidence in her ability to help me achieve my goal of becoming pregnant. Never had any issues with her or the office [REACH - Charlotte] ...I never felt rushed when visiting her, all the office staff [REACH - Charlotte] were always courteous and caring... I did start off using Clomid, then injectibles and eventually moved onto IVF. I feel she was open to doing what I wanted, while also using her education and experience to make recommendations.
The clinic [REACH - Charlotte] was fairly small when I went there 17 years ago. I believe they have grown quite a bit, so I would recommend asking questions and being involved in your treatment so that you don't feel like you are getting personalized care...I never felt rushed when visiting her [Dr. Teaff], all the office staff were always courteous and caring... Never had any issues with her or the office and I would definitely have used her again...
How was your experience with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
She was very thorough, and caring. I had total confidence in her ability to help me achieve my goal of becoming pregnant. Never had any issues with her or the office and I would definitely have used her again had I wanted to try and have another child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Teaff at REACH?
Ask a lot of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
I never felt rushed when visiting her, all the office staff were always courteous and caring.
Describe the protocols Nancy Teaff used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I was a patient of hers 17 years ago, so I don't remember too many of the details. I did start off using Clomid, then injectibles and eventually moved onto IVF. I feel she was open to doing what I wanted, while also using her education and experience to make recommendations.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
They were very nice and caring.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic was fairly small when I went there 17 years ago. I believe they have grown quite a bit, so I would recommend asking questions and being involved in your treatment so that you don't feel like you are getting personalized care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Teaff at REACH.
I don't recall what the costs were for the drugs and IUI's, but the cost of IVF was close to $10,000.
Nancy Teaff

2019, Consult
Dr. Whelan listened to my concerns and my opinions and informed me with information that I was unaware of. He told me everything that the other fertility Dr. Did not. He gained my trust...very attentive person who was very straight forward with me. He gave me the pros and cons. He gave me the chance to think everything over before I decided to make a decision. He never tried to push me to make a decision.
Front desk administrators staff [at REACH] needs to communicate with each other more. Pay more attention when making appointments. Clinical staffs are pretty good with getting patients back to see the Drs. in a timely fashion...Appointment time was scheduled wrong. Was given the wrong appointment time...[nurse was] Very nice and understanding. Explanation was very thorough and precise...
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He's a very attentive person who was very straight forward with me. He gave me the pros and cons. He gave me the chance to think everything over before I decided to make a decision. He never tried to push me to make a decision. That's what I loved about him.
He's very honest. Please be open minded.
Dr. Whelan listened to my concerns and my opinions and informed me with information that I was unaware of. He told me everything that the other fertility Dr. Did not. He gained my trust. He made me feel human unlike the other Dr. I've seen who made me feel like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Sue O Brien)
Very nice and understanding. Explanation was very thorough and precise.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Front desk administrators staff needs to communicate with each other more. Pay more attention when making appointments. Clinical staffs are pretty good with getting patients back to see the Drs. in a timely fashion. They are caring.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Appointment time was scheduled wrong. Was given the wrong appointment time.
Charlotte

He [Dr. Katz] was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.... He explained everything in terms that my husband and I could easily Understand and was very caring as to how long of a process this has been with two miscarriages along the way
Nursing staff [REACH - Charlotte] was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment... Very organized. Helpful staff and super clean. I would recommend them to anyone looking for fertility care. They offer insurance type programs as well as financing options. Staff was welcoming to my husband and I.... It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.
Have any prior information with you from other OBGYNs or previous fertility doctor and be prepared to love his caring ness.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing staff was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Katz always made me feel like someone special. He would answer all of my questions honestly and would give me the answers that I needed to hear, not what I want to hear. He never let me leave feeling like I was just a number. I always left ready to come back for the next step. ... At the time of my transfer I was 21, and with that Dr. Katz wanted to only transfer 1 embryo. But I completely get it. They want to make sure you have 1 healthy embryo to make one healthy child.
They [REACH] definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. ... Selena and Kelly always made sure I had the answers that I needed when I would contact them on the portal. They never left me hanging. ... I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask him his opinion.
Every doctor visit, all of them knew us by our name and always treated us with great care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena and Kelly)
Describe your experience with REACH.
They definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
Charlotte
For the few times I did actually see Dr Katz he was very nice and didn't rush us when we were talking to him. He had a good bedside manner. Never made us feel bad. When our first round didn't cause successful ovulation he adjusted my meds...Don't expect to always see him for follicle scans...Katz was very personable and treated me like a patient and not a number
All the staff and nurses [at REACH] we met and talked to were very nice and patient and if we didn't understand something they'd always answer our questions....Advocate for yourself and make sure you understand your treatment cycle 100% if you not be sure to call and ask questions. Use the online portal, if something isn't working don't be afraid to ask to try something new
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Don't expect to always see him for follicle scans
I thought Katz was very personable and treated me like a patient and not a number
We did Letrozole and ti the first round, after that we upped the Letrozole to 7.5 and added the Ovidrel trigger shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena )
All the staff and nurses we met and talked to were very nice and patient and if we didn't understand something they'd always answer our questions
Describe your experience with REACH.
He isn't always gonna be the doctor you see. Advocate for yourself and make sure you understand your treatment cycle 100% if you not be sure to call and ask questions. Use the online portal, if something isn't working don't be afraid to ask to try something new.
I don't honestly remember
Didn't get that far
Charlotte

He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] took as much time as I needed to discuss everything...He is a little odd at first glance but very very smart and I honestly felt like he was completely invested in helping my husband and I have a baby. His attitude helped me focus and get through treatment...He was very intent on preventing OHSS during my IVF cycle because I had PCOS, and indeed I did not get OHSS...
They [REACH] offer before-work drop ins for monitoring and generally are on time for appointments during working hours. They do not map cycles around the clinic schedule like some clinics, and are EXTREMELY responsive on the patient portal...[nurses are] Very efficient and clinical, they ALWAYS responded to my questions the same day...$17,500 for egg retrieval and FET costs including medications....
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is a little odd at first glance but very very smart and I honestly felt like he was completely invested in helping my husband and I have a baby. His attitude helped me focus and get through treatment, and As I write this I am holding my sleeping infant son, the product of 1 FET cycle.
The guy may seem odd at first glance but he is a fantastic doctor.
He took as much time as I needed to discuss everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They offer before-work drop ins for monitoring and generally are on time for appointments during working hours. They do not map cycles around the clinic schedule like some clinics, and are EXTREMELY responsive on the patient portal.
$17,500 for egg retrieval and FET costs including medications
Charlotte

After one cycle of DE IVF that resulted in a second trimester loss, Dr. Wing tested for antiphospholipid antibodies. After testing positive, Dr. Wing gave us a protocol that included intralipid infusions and daily heparin injections alongside the usual estradiol and progesterone. We had a healthy baby girl at 35 weeks due to this protocol and high risk monitoring throughout pregnancy...truly cares about his patients. I believe he gave us the very best care possible, was present for every transfer, and properly diagnosed my APS so that I could achieve a healthy pregnancy. He was always compassionate and honest in our consultations.
Everyone at REACH has been incredibly kind and personable...The only weakness i would identify is the financial department. They were not the most helpful or kind, but don’t let that turn you off to the practice! After working out payment every other interaction at REACH was excellent...After one cycle of DE IVF that resulted in a second trimester loss, Dr. Wing tested for antiphospholipid antibodies. After testing positive, Dr. Wing gave us a protocol that included intralipid infusions and daily heparin injections alongside the usual estradiol and progesterone. We had a healthy baby girl at 35 weeks due to this protocol and high risk monitoring throughout pregnancy.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr Wing truly cares about his patients. I believe he gave us the very best care possible, was present for every transfer, and properly diagnosed my APS so that I could achieve a healthy pregnancy. He was always compassionate and honest in our consultations.
Everyone at REACH has been incredibly kind and personable
Describe the protocols Richard Wing used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Richard Wing
Charlotte

Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion. She doesn’t sugar coat yet is very compassionate... She observed me. Checked my uterus...did trial transfers, constantly checked my hormone levels. I kept getting fluid in uterus so she decided to have surgery to determine the problem. She made sure to know exactly where to place embryo to get best chances of implantation.
The clinic [REACH] is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.... [Cost Of Treatment] Ivf donor Cycle 25k... Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Listen and let her do what she needs to give you best option
She made it personal with her patients. She cared for my well being
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Very professional and courteous
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Ivf donor Cycle 25k
She made it clear she didn’t like to transfer more than two and concurred
Matrika Johnson
2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz always took his time to explain everything.... Dr. Katz has always answered my questions and put me at ease. He is good at what he does even if it's not always what you want to hear. I felt more comfortable knowing I was in capable hands whether it was just monitoring or my surgery.... Go in with an open mind and trust him. He will not stear you in the wrong direction.... I was scheduled for an appointnentnonce via phone that my husband and I both took off work for only to find out, it wasn't documented. We showed up for said appointment and the Dr. wasn't there because he didn't know about it.
Dr. Katz and his team are phenomenal. The billing department [REACH] however could use some major help. Just keep a close eye on what you are being charged for vs. What they bill your insurance for.... Always always use email to communicate. I was scheduled for an appointnentnonce via phone that my husband and I both took off work for only to find out, it wasn't documented. We showed up for said appointment and the Dr. wasn't there because he didn't know about it.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz always took his time to explain everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Dr. Katz and his team are phenomenal. The billing department however could use some major help. Just keep a close eye on what you are being charged for vs. What they bill your insurance for. You don't want to end up over paying and we all know this process can get costly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Cycle monitoring $700. Laparoscopy $1200. Copay $55.
Charlotte
She [Dr. Lauren Johnson] has a great way of explaining things and balances her clinical knowledge with understanding of the emotional aspects of fertility treatments...I would like to see my doctor more. I've been to the clinic probably 20 times and seen her twice...Clomid 50mg for the first 2 IUIs. The first one I responded well with 2 follicles but only produced one good follicle with the second one. For the third IUI she upped my Clomid to 100mg days 3-7.
I would like to see my doctor [at REACH Charlotte] more. I've been to the clinic probably 20 times and seen her twice...$750 per session of iui...Utilize the patient portal...Clomid 50mg for the first 2 IUIs. The first one I responded well with 2 follicles but only produced one good follicle with the second one. For the third IUI she upped my Clomid to 100mg days 3-7.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She is excellent at communicating and making sure you understand exactly what you can expect. We felt very comfortable with the knowledge we walked away with. She wanted to make sure we start with the best choice for us given our unexplained diagnosis.
Utilize the patient portal.
She has a great way of explaining things and balances her clinical knowledge with understanding of the emotional aspects of fertility treatments.
Describe the protocols Lauren Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Great staff
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
$750 per session of iui
Na
2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol...He was great at explaining what PCOS was and how it affected my health overall. He listened to our concerns and modified treatment as we went through the process. The only downside was he was usually running at least 45 minutes late...Plan on an extra hour or so for your appointment. He is very thorough which means he runs long on his appointments.
The financial woman Diane [at REACH] was terrible. We almost did not proceed with Ivf because she was so incompetent. Luckily everyone else was great and we looked past it...All the nurses were absolutely wonderful. They were so happy when we finally got pregnant...He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa but I can’t remember her last name )
Describe your experience with REACH.
The financial woman Diane was terrible. We almost did not proceed with Ivf because she was so incompetent. Luckily everyone else was great and we looked past it. All the doctors were great and I recommended this clinic to 2 couples and each have children through REACH.
Total $30,000
Describe Joseph Whelan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
He recommended no more than 2.
2011 - 2014, Unsuccessful
If you're looking for a very clinical and smart Doctor no one is better [than Nancy Teaff]. I am not a "high maintenance" type of patient so if you are that type I'm not sure how you would do. I was very realistic about my chances of getting pregnant in my 40's but not all women are which probably effects their expectations of the doctor.
[REACH in Charlotte is a] good practice. You see various providers during monitoring some are better than others...Nursing staff was very compassionate and helpful...Dr. Teaff is very smart and knows the literature and is very knowledgeable about the latest procedures. My husband and I connected with her very well and she was very compassionate about my situation. She gave me all the options and did everything possible.
How was your experience with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
If you're looking for a very clinical and smart Doctor no one is better. I am not a "high maintenance" type of patient so if you are that type I'm not sure how you would do. I was very realistic about my chances of getting pregnant in my 40's but not all women are which probably effects their expectations of the doctor.
Nurses and Dr. Teaff were wonderful
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing staff was very compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Good practice. You see various providers during monitoring some are better than others.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
it was pretty efficient. some days longer wait than others.
Nancy Teaff

2011 - 2013, Successful
I found out I had endometriosis during my first pelvic ultrasound when dr Katz said "utt o". Ask lots of questions!
Made me wait to find out negative pregnancy tests. But Melissa was the nurse who told me I was pregnant and she didn't make me wait for those results.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
I found out I had endo during my first pelvic ultrasound when dr Katz said "utt o".
Ask lots of questions!
Making me wait to find out negative pregnancy tests. But Melissa was the nurse who told me I was pregnant and she didn't make me wait for those results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Charlotte

Dr Johnson never made me feel rushed. She was honest but positive, candid but kind. She was extremely patient and overall wonderful...has done research specifically for my case, and changed treatment courses when things weren't working...[she] only wanted to transfer one for my first two transfers. Especially as I'm very small framed. After two failures, she let us elect to choose to transfer more if we wished.
Some of the nurses [at REACH] aren't my favorite. But there are a couple I absolutely adore. My nursing team feels like family. They all know me by name and genuinely care for me...I have done one egg retrieval and 5 transfer cycles. Two were cancelled. On both the cancelled cycles, Dr. Johnson adjusted the protocol and found a new thing to try...Overall ive only had one miscommunication. I was sent some inaccurate paperwork.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She is an amazing doctor. She has done research specifically for my case, and changed treatment courses when things weren't working. I have no bad things to say about her. She even remembers things I tell her unrelated to treatment, and will chat with me during procedures! I can tell she truly cares about me
Be prepared to ask lots of questions!
I have done one egg retrieval and 5 transfer cycles. Two were cancelled. On both the cancelled cycles, Dr. Johnson adjusted the protocol and found a new thing to try. We are still getting it right, but we are getting closer and closer. She has also performed numerous testing on me, including a hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
Some of the nurses aren't my favorite. But there are a couple I absolutely adore. My nursing team feels like family. They all know me by name and genuinely care for me.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic is great. The financial part sucks. They are bad communicators and often rude or insensitive. I dislike my financial coordinator. Everyone else is amazing. I'm friendly with the receptionists and phlebotomists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
Expensive. I think total cost so far is in the 40k area. Insurance covered a fair portion.
Dr. Johnson only wanted to transfer one for my first two transfers. Especially as I'm very small framed. After two failures, she let us elect to choose to transfer more if we wished.
Charlotte

We felt as if we were human because he [Dr. Joseph Whelan] constantly knew our story, and has continued to walk beside us as we make all of our own decisions in the options that he has given us. He is very knowledgeable and will give you honest advise.... My husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome from Dr. DeBord (a urologist in Concord, NC). This is a genetic syndrome that causes infertility. Our only option is now IVF.
I think this clinic [REACH- Charlotte] is very focused on the goal to help patients grow their family. They genuinely care for you as a person/couple, and they want to support you throughout your journey. This season of life is hard and this clinic has made it easier to accept that we are struggling through infertility. A weakness would be the cost, and I know there isn't much they can do about that. It is truly the only downfall to having to have an IVF treatment at this clinic
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
From the moment we became patients at REACH we felt like family. We have always been well taken care of and all of our questions have been answered appropriately. We trust this clinic and would recommend it to anyone.
Know that you are there to figure out your journey to growing your family. Dr. Whelan is honest, but kind. He wants to do what is safe and best for you.
We felt as if we were human because he constantly knew our story, and has continued to walk beside us as we make all of our own decisions in the options that he has given us. He is very knowledgeable and will give you honest advise.
My husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome from Dr. DeBord (a urologist in Concord, NC). This is a genetic syndrome that causes infertility. Our only option is now IVF. We have not started any treatments because we are trying to figure out our funds to be able to do so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica and Melissa)
The nurse staff was always helpful with every question that we had and continue to have. They have been a blessing throughout our journey to help us learn the specifics of infertility.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I think this clinic is very focused on the goal to help patients grow their family. They genuinely care for you as a person/couple, and they want to support you throughout your journey. This season of life is hard and this clinic has made it easier to accept that we are struggling through infertility. A weakness would be the cost, and I know there isn't much they can do about that. It is truly the only downfall to having to have an IVF treatment at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Most of my costs have been fully covered because we have only completed the testing portion of our infertility. IVF is our next step and our insurance will not cover it. We are struggling to figure out where we will find the funds.
Our doctor prefers eSET due to the higher risks with multiple embryo transfer.

2018, Consult
Dr. Katz was great. Me and my husband had a ton of questions...And we got told IVF is our only option to have children. Everything was very overwhelming at first. Dr. Katz broke down and explained all of our questions very thoroughly...I came in already having a HSG test done, which I found out I had an unicornuate uterus. After my first visit he had ordered a MRI to get better imaging. No birth control was going to be needed for my cycle.
Very good nursing care [at REACH]. When me and husband found out we couldn’t do IVF due to pricing, the nurse called a few months later checking in on us...Whenever Dr.Katz ordered the MRI...took them a few weeks to actually schedule the MRI. I had to call a few times to check on it, whenever I called they said they haven’t received an order yet. And then after I finally had it done it took another few weeks to call back with results.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz was great. Me and my husband had a ton of questions, this was our fertility doctor we have seen. And we got told IVF is our only option to have children. Everything was very overwhelming at first. Dr. Katz broke down and explained all of our questions very thoroughly.
No advice. Loved him!
He broke down every question me and my husband had and explained everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember name )
Very good nursing care. When me and husband found out we couldn’t do IVF due to pricing, the nurse called a few months later checking in on us.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Dr Katz and the nurse were very professional and courteous. The billing department was a hard part to handle. The lady that worked in there wasn’t the nicest at our first appointment.. the second appointment was a little better.
Our IVF round would have $22,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Whenever Dr.Katz ordered the MRI I took them a few weeks to actually schedule the MRI. I had to call a few times to check on it, whenever I called they said they haven’t received an order yet. And then after I finally had it done it took another few weeks to call back with results.