1524 East Morehead Street
Cornelius
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

Dr. Crain was very dry. He was quite knowledgeable but never made me feel happy to be there. He ran some tests on me that no one else did - and that ultimately led to a diagnosis for me. ... But the communication throughout the cycles was very slow and that made me feel like like a number. ... For my two IUI cycles, we used Clomid and Ovidrel. Dr. Crain likes Clomid better than Letrozole because he has seen better outcomes.
The billing department at this clinic [REACH] leaves much to be desired. They are not very knowledgeable and do not give correct information half of the time. This clinic is extremely busy, so expect long wait times. I have met many of the doctors that work in this clinic and they are all nice and knowledgeable. ... Amy [nurse] was really great while at appointments.
How was your experience with Jack Crain at REACH?
Dr. Crain was very dry. He was quite knowledgeable but never made me feel happy to be there. He ran some tests on me that no one else did - and that ultimately led to a diagnosis for me. For that, I am thankful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jack Crain at REACH?
Do not expect fabulous bedside manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jack Crain at REACH?
The doctor met with me in his office which felt nicer than the sterile exam room. But the communication throughout the cycles was very slow and that made me feel like like a number.
Describe the protocols Jack Crain used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Amy Foerester)
Amy was really great while at appointments. She always had everything that was needed and did a great job explaining things and what next steps were. Communicating through the portal sometimes took longer than it should, however.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The billing department at this clinic leaves much to be desired. They are not very knowledgeable and do not give correct information half of the time. This clinic is extremely busy, so expect long wait times. I have met many of the doctors that work in this clinic and they are all nice and knowledgeable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jack Crain at REACH.
IUI for me was almost $1,000 and that is with insurance covering the ultrasounds and bloodwork.
Describe Jack Crain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
There were many times at my monitoring appointments that they did not have my name on the schedule and had to "squeeze" me in.
Jack Crain
Charlotte

Dr. Katz was personable and positive. He was ready to answer all questions and layout our plan and made changes as we went. I was a little disappointed in the lack of follow up. After discovering I had a fibroid and removing it, I was unsure of next steps but had planned to start medication and never heard back from Dr. Katz.... After confirming my PCOS diagnosis, Dr. Katz started me on Metformin, got me prenatal vitamin samples, set up testing for my husband and saw something on an ultrasound so he set me up for an HSG. The HSG confirmed a fibroid in my uterus. He performed surgery to remove it and spoke of starting letrozole on my next cycle. He said that letrazole had better results for people than clomid.
They [REACH- Charlotte] provide coffee in the waiting area. They also offer free wifi. The main parking lot is very small but they do have an overflow lot that is slightly larger. The waiting area is nice but on the small side. It is a multi level office and can be a little confusing but there is signage to direct you. Also, staff is good about telling you at the time of setting an appointment what to do when you arrive.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
Ask all the questions you want and be prepared to reach out when needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz talked to me and my husband for an extended period of time each visit and answered all of our questions.
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They provide coffee in the waiting area. They also offer free wifi. The main parking lot is very small but they do have an overflow lot that is slightly larger. The waiting area is nice but on the small side. It is a multi level office and can be a little confusing but there is signage to direct you. Also, staff is good about telling you at the time of setting an appointment what to do when you arrive.
HSG was about $750
Charlotte

Dr. Lauren Johnson treated me with respect and kindness...Great care and excellent experience. Explained treatment options and course of action. Very patient and I never felt rushed. Dr. Johnson took her time and was always aware of my feelings and needs. I would recommend Dr. Lauren Johnson to others. She is a respectable doctor...is going to take her time and not rush into anything. As a patient, be ready for the process to take time.
The nursing staff at REACH are available through a patient portal. They always respond within a timely manner. The nurses go out of their way to give the patients excellent care...I had an embryo transfer scheduled on a Friday and the week before the transfer, REACH called me to tell me they would be closed because it was a holiday. Therefore, I had to take a weeks worth of extra medication to keep my body ready for the transfer...Strengths- Nursing staff, Doctor knowledge, patient care Weakness- Payment options, financial planning As a new patient, you need to be ready for a long a committed process. Everyone's timeline is different and you just have to trust the doctor's and the process.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Lauren Johnson is going to take her time and not rush into anything. As a patient, be ready for the process to take time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Lauren Johnson treated me with respect and kindness.
Describe the protocols Lauren Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
5 IUIs 5 embryo transfers 1 laparoscopy 3 hysteroscopies Outcome- currently 27 weeks pregnant with a baby boy
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
Insurance covered part and out of pocket was around $50,000.
Describe Lauren Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
We decided together the best choice.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz was very personable and understanding. He was very caring towards me as a person. He came up with a personalized treatment plan specifically just for me and was very involved in the process.... We used gonal f, lo dose hcg and omnitrope for my protocol. We also used testosterone prior to stimming. With the added use of the omnitrope for my diminished ovarian reserve we had much better results with icsi and I became pregnant with a Singleton.
This clinic [REACH] has wonderful providers and nursing staff. Even the lab tech and front desk staff are great. They are great at communication and also compassion. I highly recommend this practice. We will be returning when we are ready for baby number 2... [Cost Of Treatment] All in we spent about 35k. We used the attain program and all payment was due up front. The attain program was great... They promptly returned my emails and calls and answered all questions o had.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz was the best doctor I have ever had. He was compassionate and understanding and is very knowledgeable. He diagnosed me and came up with the proper treatment plan to get me pregnant and it ended up working.
I would say just be prepared for any outcome as the this journey is a very difficult Journey. Dr. Katz is an excellent doctor and he will do everything and anything in his power to give you the best chances for succeeding
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie and mary)
Both girls were wonderful. They promptly returned my emails and calls and answered all questions o had.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic has wonderful providers and nursing staff. Even the lab tech and front desk staff are great. They are great at communication and also compassion. I highly recommend this practice. We will be returning when we are ready for baby number 2
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
My Dr decides on how many to transfer based on the patient. Due to my history of poor egg quality we both agreed on transferring two.

2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Wing] was very matter of fact but with a warmth that made me feel like he cared for me more than just a number and source of money. I truly felt like he developed a personalized protocol to yield the best results for me....He said if i wasn't ready for twins, he wouldn't transfer more than 1. ...We had male factor infertility so Dr. Wing used a conservative treatment for me based on all my tests and #'s. He made sure to not overstimulate me.
Overall everyone [REACH] was very professional. One weakness is the financial person - she was the opposite of everyone else there. She was cold and not compassionate. Be prepared for this step if you need financial help....Mary was compassionate, empathetic and warm. She was amazing at making me feel not overwhelmed during every step....
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
He was very matter of fact but with a warmth that made me feel like he cared for me more than just a number and source of money. I truly felt like he developed a personalized protocol to yield the best results for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Wing at REACH?
Be prepared for him to not beat around the bush but to expect real answers from him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Wing at REACH?
He was very warm
Describe the protocols Richard Wing used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We had male factor infertility so Dr. Wing used a conservative treatment for me based on all my tests and #'s. He made sure to not overstimulate me. 1st ER - 12 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 4 embryos created, 2 made it to day 5. Resulted in miscarriage 2nd ER - 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 4 embryos created, 1 made it to day 5. PGS testing abnormal. Embryo discarded 3rd ER - 8 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 2 embryos created, 1 made it to day 5 - resulted in live birth
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Mary Hartpence)
Describe your experience with REACH.
Overall everyone was very professional. One weakness is the financial person - she was the opposite of everyone else there. She was cold and not compassionate. Be prepared for this step if you need financial help.
Describe Richard Wing's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
He said if i wasn't ready for twins, he wouldn't transfer more than 1. It was never an issue b/c we never had more than 1 ready at Day 5
Charlotte
Dr. Whelan met with us and was very explanatory, but he was very quick to diagnose that we should move straight to IVF. Our conversation felt surgical...There weren’t many instances where we had strong interaction with Dr. Whelan. He was polite, but we felt overwhelmed with information and like we were just one couple on the conveyer belt. We asked questions, but often the information that we received was confusing. It was hard to get a good understanding of what we were facing, and we never quite felt heard.
[REACH] is a well-known clinic. They are expensive and sometimes it feels as if they are just trying to get your money. We felt like we had so much that we didn’t know and we didn’t ever get a firm grasp on the realities of ur diagnosis. They were organized and have a great online system...The nursing staff was similar to Dr. Whelan— it felt clinical or surgical with the manner that they treated us. Not neglectful, but I didn’t feel well-served.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Do your research so that you know what questions you want to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Describe the protocols Joseph Whelan used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We had diagnostics run and the main result was that we had unexplained fertility. We were recommended to move to IVF.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This is a well-known clinic. They are expensive and sometimes it feels as if they are just trying to get your money. We felt like we had so much that we didn’t know and we didn’t ever get a firm grasp on the realities of ur diagnosis. They were organized and have a great online system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
We had a copay each time we went and we paid for portions of several diagnostic tests.
Describe Joseph Whelan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We didn’t get our information from REACH when we transferred. I had some copies of information and I took pictures of the online system, which was the only way we had some of the info transferred.
Charlotte

Dr. Katz was very thorough in his explanations, and what the next steps would be if I made choices to proceed with treatment. He was a good listener to my concerns and answer any questions that I had, or questions my husband had. I never felt rushed at any of the office visits...Dr. Katz suggested laparoscopy in order to make a diagnosis for the infertility. Results were blocked fallopian tubes.
Strength [at REACH- Charlotte] is they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness is that you have to leave a message every time you call, and then you will receive a call back. You cannot call and reach someone. The nurse even told me this at my very first visit...Nursing staff was friendly. I was only with them briefly before seeing Dr. Katz. The front desk person was the person who took my blood...
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Come prepared with questions.
Dr. Katz was very informative, very upfront, and was willing to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strength is they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness is that you have to leave a message every time you call, and then you will receive a call back. You cannot call and reach someone. The nurse even told me this at my very first visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Cost was expensive. The bill I received did not reflect final insurance payment, so I had to call and discuss to get it refiled again.
He gave his opinion that multiples were high risk, and the babies could be very sick. And that his clinic is actually "docked" (or would be in the future) for multiple transfers, since the medical cost after birth far exceeds single transfers.

2013 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] has a good bedside manner. He was very informative and explained everything in detail so that we could understand it. He explained all of the procedures and reasons behind doing them. We never left feeling confused or let down.... Husband and I both were tested in the beginning. Husband’s sperm was tested for mobility. I had a dye test done on my uterus, Fallopian tubes and ovaries to make sure nothing was blocking the eggs from reaching the sperm. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We had been trying to conceive for 6 years prior. Dr. Whelan recommended IVF.
[REACH is] Very organized with the exception of the billing department. They waited too long to bill my insurance and I got a bill exactly one year later. Was not happy about it. Found out they also messed up the numbers on my file and then tried telling me that my insurance denied them. Not true.... They [the nursing staff] had very good bedside manners. Very compassionate. Very informative.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He has a good bedside manner. He was very informative and explained everything in detail so that we could understand it. He explained all of the procedures and reasons behind doing them. We never left feeling confused or let down.
Try to be patient and understanding of why they perform the tests and procedures that they do. Ask lots of questions.
He was very knowledgeable and kind. Explained everything in detail. Never felt rushed. Good bedside manner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
They had very good bedside manners. Very compassionate. Very informative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Don’t remember the costs. Insurance covered most of it. I think we paid $1500.

2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Katz was the only doctor at the practice willing to take on my case as a single mother using known donor sperm. While initially hesitant, once I cleared all of the required psych evaluations he was 100% committed to my treatment. I mostly saw other doctors for mid-cycle checks and such, but Dr. Katz was always there for my procedures or any big tests.
While I feel like my actual care was handled well, the billing department [at REACH in Charlotte] was always a mess. I had partial insurance coverage and for some reason they could never get things billed correctly...Dr. Katz was always very willing to explain things to me, listen to my ideas and questions and had no problem letting me make decisions and recommendations regarding my own treatment. Melissa, his nurse was always warm and personable and very willing to communicate with me. The only times I felt more like a number was when I saw a different doctor for cycle check appointments.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Show an interest in your own course of treatment, he will listen to you.
I did all IUI with Letrozol. I had no real fertility issues outside of my age so it was just a matter of increasing my chances and timing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I loved Melissa! She was supportive, open and willing to talk at any time.
Describe your experience with REACH.
While I feel like my actual care was handled well, the billing department was always a mess. I had partial insurance coverage and for some reason they could never get things billed correctly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
If I remember correctly, IUI cycles were approx. $1,500 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My only issues were with the billing department and trying to coordinate my payments as well as my insurance companies payments.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I felt like a human [with Dr. Wing]. He gave me two different in depth consults before and after treatments. He answered all of our questions...While I didn’t see Dr Wing often during treatments I loved his team. He was very thorough in the consults and data results meetings. It would have been nice to have him do the treatments instead of a doctor I didn’t know at all. I understand that’s how it’s done but that wasn’t explained upfront.
Each iui was about $500 plus medications [at REACH]...Strengths; you get seen pretty quickly. They have a great system about quickly getting bloodwork done in a timely manner. The online portal is great too. Weaknesses; communication! You try to call and call and it’s so hard to reach someone with answers...While I didn’t see Dr Wing often during treatments I loved his team. He was very thorough in the consults and data results meetings. It would have been nice to have him do the treatments instead of a doctor I didn’t know at all. I understand that’s how it’s done but that wasn’t explained upfront.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
I would explain to them that he is going to try to explain everything going on but you probably won’t see him for your actual treatments. I would also tell them that he has a great nursing staff.
I felt like a human. He gave me two different in depth consults before and after treatments. He answered all of our questions.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Each iui was about $500 plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I can’t say for sure but I waited at the pharmacy for over an hour because Reach told me the sent my RX. The pharmacy never got it and she showed me her screen. I finally got a great nurse on the phone and she said she would send it over right then. It was only then that we got it at the pharmacy.
Charlotte

Dr. Matrika Johnson was extremely delicate and sensitive to all that I have been through. ... Dr. M Johnson was very knowledgeable and gave me great information. She did an exam and made sure that she understood all details before making a decision. ... I saw Dr. M Johnson for a second opinion after a cancelled IVF cycle with another clinic.
I had a hard time getting this clinic [REACH] to send my records to a different clinic. It took a very long time but in the end, it did get done. ... The financial coordinators at this clinic are hard to get in touch with and don't usually have quick answers. This clinic is very busy so plan to wait some. Use the patient portal to communicate the fastest.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I saw Dr. M Johnson for a second opinion after a cancelled IVF cycle with another clinic. Dr. M Johnson was very knowledgeable and gave me great information. She did an exam and made sure that she understood all details before making a decision.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
There are 2 Dr. Johnson's at REACH. Be sure you are meeting with the correct one!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I saw Dr. M. Johnson for a workup and consult so we did not use any medication. She did an internal ultrasound in order to see better what was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons)
Jessica was great with communication and answering all of my questions. She was also great at answering portal messages very quickly.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
The cost for the consultation was $95.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I had a hard time getting this clinic to send my records to a different clinic. It took a very long time but in the end, it did get done.
Matrika Johnson
Charlotte

Dr Johnson has always taken the time to sit with us and go through each part of our diagnosis process. she takes the time to answer each question we have to the best of her ability and never rushes us though our appointments. she has always been very honest about outcomes and treatment options, even if it’s not what we want to hear ... Dr Johnson takes the time to really listen to mine and my partners wants and needs. she never makes me feel like I am one of a bunch of patients, she makes us feel like in the time we’re with her, she is 100% committed to us
We have seen 2 RNs while we have been at REACH and they both treated us with compassion and we felt like they were more so people we were getting to know and not just our doctors nurses ... Everything about the clinic has been great. the one thing I do have to say is that I have gotten double billed for services and with something that is as pricy and sensitive as fertility treatments, it’s just a minor flaw that can easily be handled by the finance department
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
If it is important to you to have a Dr that treats you like more then just another patient, Dr Johnson is your Dr
Charlotte
Dr. Whelan personally preformed all of our ultrasounds while we were monitoring our eggs before retreaval. He also took time to make sure we understood exactly what was happening and to be expected...was very thorough with our visits! He took time to address any questions and made sure we understood exactly what was happening and what to expect. I trust Dr. Whelan 100% in the care that he gave us and would be happy to be under his care again in the future.
Nurse/provider care [at REACH] is amazing however the front staff could use a little help with communication skills and people person skills. Billing Department is a little impersonal as well. I feel like because the office is so busy they have become immune to the worries of the patients that come in that office. Just don't let the front staff and billing Department ruin your feelings towards the medical staff...Our nurse was very thorough and always offered her help with any questions or concerns we had
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Dr. Whelan was very thorough with our visits! He took time to address any questions and made sure we understood exactly what was happening and what to expect. I trust Dr. Whelan 100% in the care that he gave us and would be happy to be under his care again in the future.
To go into your visits with questions written down so that you are able to address all of your concerns without forgetting anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Nurse/provider care is amazing however the front staff could use a little help with communication skills and people person skills. Billing Department is a little impersonal as well. I feel like because the office is so busy they have become immune to the worries of the patients that come in that office. Just don't let the front staff and billing Department ruin your feelings towards the medical staff.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I have always been treated with respect and Dr Johnson made sure that we had a good level of understanding. I never felt that she was rushed in our interactions....Dr Johnson is very professional and caring. She helped me feel at ease with the plan we decided on. I felt very confident with her clinical decision-making, and in fact we did not have any issues until other providers in the practice were involved in the most critical stages of the process.
Overall the clinic staff [REACH] that I interacted with were professional and caring. I was disappointed in key decisions that were made during my ivf cycle, and the lack of responsibility from a clinic leadership perspective after the fact.... The nursing team is wonderful — a very caring and compassionate group. I was always able to communicate with the nursing staff and receive replies back within a very reasonable time frame.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Discuss the need for potential contingency plans in the event unexpected situations arise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Describe your experience with REACH.
Overall the clinic staff that I interacted with were professional and caring. I was disappointed in key decisions that were made during my ivf cycle, and the lack of responsibility from a clinic leadership perspective after the fact.
I felt Dr Johnson sufficiently discussed the pros and cons of both options.
Charlotte
He [Dr. Joseph Whelen] treated me like a human and explained everything to me but I felt very rushed like he had other patients waiting and he just kept suggesting that I go straight to IVF and I felt I'm young and want to find out to root of my problem...I felt as if everything wasn't explained to me and IVF seemed so daunting to me. I needed more time to understand what the process was. He is very nice though but I feel too many patients are booked at once.
Well they [nurses at REACH Charlotte] forgot to call in my prescription before my IUI's and also I called over five times to have my paperwork switched to my gyno with no response...Strengths would be niceness but weakness's would be office flow of paperwork and organization. The financial lady is even a bit mean. Returning phone calls can be a nightmare...We did four IUI's but I don't recall the medicine used except that I gave myself a shot in the stomach theee days straight
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is very knowledgeable but also very matter of fact! I felt as if everything wasn't explained to me and IVF seemed so daunting to me. I needed more time to understand what the process was. He is very nice though but I feel too many patients are booked at once.
To ask for a longer appointment
He treated me like a human and explained everything to me but I felt very rushed like he had other patients waiting and he just kept suggesting that I go straight to IVF and I felt I'm young and want to find out to root of my problem
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Everyone was very nice and compassionate.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Well they forgot to call in my prescription before my IUI's and also I called over five times to have my paperwork switched to my gyno with no response

2005 - 2012, Successful
She was very thorough, and caring. I had total confidence in her ability to help me achieve my goal of becoming pregnant. Never had any issues with her or the office [REACH - Charlotte] ...I never felt rushed when visiting her, all the office staff [REACH - Charlotte] were always courteous and caring... I did start off using Clomid, then injectibles and eventually moved onto IVF. I feel she was open to doing what I wanted, while also using her education and experience to make recommendations.
The clinic [REACH - Charlotte] was fairly small when I went there 17 years ago. I believe they have grown quite a bit, so I would recommend asking questions and being involved in your treatment so that you don't feel like you are getting personalized care...I never felt rushed when visiting her [Dr. Teaff], all the office staff were always courteous and caring... Never had any issues with her or the office and I would definitely have used her again...
How was your experience with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
She was very thorough, and caring. I had total confidence in her ability to help me achieve my goal of becoming pregnant. Never had any issues with her or the office and I would definitely have used her again had I wanted to try and have another child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Teaff at REACH?
Ask a lot of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
I never felt rushed when visiting her, all the office staff were always courteous and caring.
Describe the protocols Nancy Teaff used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I was a patient of hers 17 years ago, so I don't remember too many of the details. I did start off using Clomid, then injectibles and eventually moved onto IVF. I feel she was open to doing what I wanted, while also using her education and experience to make recommendations.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
They were very nice and caring.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic was fairly small when I went there 17 years ago. I believe they have grown quite a bit, so I would recommend asking questions and being involved in your treatment so that you don't feel like you are getting personalized care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Teaff at REACH.
I don't recall what the costs were for the drugs and IUI's, but the cost of IVF was close to $10,000.
Nancy Teaff

2019, Consult
Dr. Whelan listened to my concerns and my opinions and informed me with information that I was unaware of. He told me everything that the other fertility Dr. Did not. He gained my trust...very attentive person who was very straight forward with me. He gave me the pros and cons. He gave me the chance to think everything over before I decided to make a decision. He never tried to push me to make a decision.
Front desk administrators staff [at REACH] needs to communicate with each other more. Pay more attention when making appointments. Clinical staffs are pretty good with getting patients back to see the Drs. in a timely fashion...Appointment time was scheduled wrong. Was given the wrong appointment time...[nurse was] Very nice and understanding. Explanation was very thorough and precise...
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He's a very attentive person who was very straight forward with me. He gave me the pros and cons. He gave me the chance to think everything over before I decided to make a decision. He never tried to push me to make a decision. That's what I loved about him.
He's very honest. Please be open minded.
Dr. Whelan listened to my concerns and my opinions and informed me with information that I was unaware of. He told me everything that the other fertility Dr. Did not. He gained my trust. He made me feel human unlike the other Dr. I've seen who made me feel like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Sue O Brien)
Very nice and understanding. Explanation was very thorough and precise.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Front desk administrators staff needs to communicate with each other more. Pay more attention when making appointments. Clinical staffs are pretty good with getting patients back to see the Drs. in a timely fashion. They are caring.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Appointment time was scheduled wrong. Was given the wrong appointment time.
Charlotte

He [Dr. Katz] was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.... He explained everything in terms that my husband and I could easily Understand and was very caring as to how long of a process this has been with two miscarriages along the way
Nursing staff [REACH - Charlotte] was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment... Very organized. Helpful staff and super clean. I would recommend them to anyone looking for fertility care. They offer insurance type programs as well as financing options. Staff was welcoming to my husband and I.... It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.
Have any prior information with you from other OBGYNs or previous fertility doctor and be prepared to love his caring ness.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing staff was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Katz always made me feel like someone special. He would answer all of my questions honestly and would give me the answers that I needed to hear, not what I want to hear. He never let me leave feeling like I was just a number. I always left ready to come back for the next step. ... At the time of my transfer I was 21, and with that Dr. Katz wanted to only transfer 1 embryo. But I completely get it. They want to make sure you have 1 healthy embryo to make one healthy child.
They [REACH] definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. ... Selena and Kelly always made sure I had the answers that I needed when I would contact them on the portal. They never left me hanging. ... I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask him his opinion.
Every doctor visit, all of them knew us by our name and always treated us with great care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena and Kelly)
Describe your experience with REACH.
They definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
Charlotte
For the few times I did actually see Dr Katz he was very nice and didn't rush us when we were talking to him. He had a good bedside manner. Never made us feel bad. When our first round didn't cause successful ovulation he adjusted my meds...Don't expect to always see him for follicle scans...Katz was very personable and treated me like a patient and not a number
All the staff and nurses [at REACH] we met and talked to were very nice and patient and if we didn't understand something they'd always answer our questions....Advocate for yourself and make sure you understand your treatment cycle 100% if you not be sure to call and ask questions. Use the online portal, if something isn't working don't be afraid to ask to try something new
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Don't expect to always see him for follicle scans
I thought Katz was very personable and treated me like a patient and not a number
We did Letrozole and ti the first round, after that we upped the Letrozole to 7.5 and added the Ovidrel trigger shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena )
All the staff and nurses we met and talked to were very nice and patient and if we didn't understand something they'd always answer our questions
Describe your experience with REACH.
He isn't always gonna be the doctor you see. Advocate for yourself and make sure you understand your treatment cycle 100% if you not be sure to call and ask questions. Use the online portal, if something isn't working don't be afraid to ask to try something new.
I don't honestly remember
Didn't get that far
Charlotte

He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] took as much time as I needed to discuss everything...He is a little odd at first glance but very very smart and I honestly felt like he was completely invested in helping my husband and I have a baby. His attitude helped me focus and get through treatment...He was very intent on preventing OHSS during my IVF cycle because I had PCOS, and indeed I did not get OHSS...
They [REACH] offer before-work drop ins for monitoring and generally are on time for appointments during working hours. They do not map cycles around the clinic schedule like some clinics, and are EXTREMELY responsive on the patient portal...[nurses are] Very efficient and clinical, they ALWAYS responded to my questions the same day...$17,500 for egg retrieval and FET costs including medications....
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is a little odd at first glance but very very smart and I honestly felt like he was completely invested in helping my husband and I have a baby. His attitude helped me focus and get through treatment, and As I write this I am holding my sleeping infant son, the product of 1 FET cycle.
The guy may seem odd at first glance but he is a fantastic doctor.
He took as much time as I needed to discuss everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They offer before-work drop ins for monitoring and generally are on time for appointments during working hours. They do not map cycles around the clinic schedule like some clinics, and are EXTREMELY responsive on the patient portal.
$17,500 for egg retrieval and FET costs including medications
Charlotte

After one cycle of DE IVF that resulted in a second trimester loss, Dr. Wing tested for antiphospholipid antibodies. After testing positive, Dr. Wing gave us a protocol that included intralipid infusions and daily heparin injections alongside the usual estradiol and progesterone. We had a healthy baby girl at 35 weeks due to this protocol and high risk monitoring throughout pregnancy...truly cares about his patients. I believe he gave us the very best care possible, was present for every transfer, and properly diagnosed my APS so that I could achieve a healthy pregnancy. He was always compassionate and honest in our consultations.
Everyone at REACH has been incredibly kind and personable...The only weakness i would identify is the financial department. They were not the most helpful or kind, but don’t let that turn you off to the practice! After working out payment every other interaction at REACH was excellent...After one cycle of DE IVF that resulted in a second trimester loss, Dr. Wing tested for antiphospholipid antibodies. After testing positive, Dr. Wing gave us a protocol that included intralipid infusions and daily heparin injections alongside the usual estradiol and progesterone. We had a healthy baby girl at 35 weeks due to this protocol and high risk monitoring throughout pregnancy.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr Wing truly cares about his patients. I believe he gave us the very best care possible, was present for every transfer, and properly diagnosed my APS so that I could achieve a healthy pregnancy. He was always compassionate and honest in our consultations.
Everyone at REACH has been incredibly kind and personable
Charlotte

Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion. She doesn’t sugar coat yet is very compassionate... She observed me. Checked my uterus...did trial transfers, constantly checked my hormone levels. I kept getting fluid in uterus so she decided to have surgery to determine the problem. She made sure to know exactly where to place embryo to get best chances of implantation.
The clinic [REACH] is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.... [Cost Of Treatment] Ivf donor Cycle 25k... Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Listen and let her do what she needs to give you best option
She made it personal with her patients. She cared for my well being
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Very professional and courteous
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Ivf donor Cycle 25k
She made it clear she didn’t like to transfer more than two and concurred
Matrika Johnson
2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz always took his time to explain everything.... Dr. Katz has always answered my questions and put me at ease. He is good at what he does even if it's not always what you want to hear. I felt more comfortable knowing I was in capable hands whether it was just monitoring or my surgery.... Go in with an open mind and trust him. He will not stear you in the wrong direction.... I was scheduled for an appointnentnonce via phone that my husband and I both took off work for only to find out, it wasn't documented. We showed up for said appointment and the Dr. wasn't there because he didn't know about it.
Dr. Katz and his team are phenomenal. The billing department [REACH] however could use some major help. Just keep a close eye on what you are being charged for vs. What they bill your insurance for.... Always always use email to communicate. I was scheduled for an appointnentnonce via phone that my husband and I both took off work for only to find out, it wasn't documented. We showed up for said appointment and the Dr. wasn't there because he didn't know about it.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz always took his time to explain everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Dr. Katz and his team are phenomenal. The billing department however could use some major help. Just keep a close eye on what you are being charged for vs. What they bill your insurance for. You don't want to end up over paying and we all know this process can get costly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Cycle monitoring $700. Laparoscopy $1200. Copay $55.
Charlotte
She [Dr. Lauren Johnson] has a great way of explaining things and balances her clinical knowledge with understanding of the emotional aspects of fertility treatments...I would like to see my doctor more. I've been to the clinic probably 20 times and seen her twice...Clomid 50mg for the first 2 IUIs. The first one I responded well with 2 follicles but only produced one good follicle with the second one. For the third IUI she upped my Clomid to 100mg days 3-7.
I would like to see my doctor [at REACH Charlotte] more. I've been to the clinic probably 20 times and seen her twice...$750 per session of iui...Utilize the patient portal...Clomid 50mg for the first 2 IUIs. The first one I responded well with 2 follicles but only produced one good follicle with the second one. For the third IUI she upped my Clomid to 100mg days 3-7.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She is excellent at communicating and making sure you understand exactly what you can expect. We felt very comfortable with the knowledge we walked away with. She wanted to make sure we start with the best choice for us given our unexplained diagnosis.
Utilize the patient portal.
She has a great way of explaining things and balances her clinical knowledge with understanding of the emotional aspects of fertility treatments.
Great staff
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
$750 per session of iui