7.2

19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

2020, Consult
Dr Katz was very kind, we did an online consultation because of the coronavirus issue... He did explain eveyrthing that we wanted to know...was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at...He seems to have a lot of knowledge abot fertility and he is a very kind doctor.
The costs [at REACH} seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...So far we just had one consultation, but Dr Katz was very prompt in answering our questions e explained the options that we have. Right now we have to do all the primerly tests and see where we at with our health. We are planning to do embryo freezing due to my age.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
We just had one consultation with Dr Katz online last month. What I can say is that we was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We didnt have any cycles yet due to corona virus.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The costs seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
The doctor mention that its up to us to decide what we would like to do, but first he need to check our health first.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
So far we have no complaints.
Charlotte

Dr. Johnson is firm but also relatable. She makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing...I am still undergoing treatment. I am taking prenatals and other meds to prep for pregnancy soon...I appreciate that she has to be firm and give the facts. That can sting at times and difficult to accept, even when it is the truth
The front desk staff [of REACH] needs some sensitivity training. Everyone else is professional and easy to work with. Responsiveness is on point and they make me feel like I am important and that they are a part of MY team helping me get to my baby...She [Dr. Johnson] makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I appreciate that she has to be firm and give the facts. That can sting at times and difficult to accept, even when it is the truth. It would be awesome to incorporate some of the real-life successes using non-traditional methods that I've discovered on my own, but maybe that's not how it works.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Be prepared to hear the truth. But also know that she will help you achieve your dream of being a parent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson is firm but also relatable. She makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing. That helps in not feeling like you are just a part of a baby factory.
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Everyone I have encountered has been awesome. Very helpful.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The front desk staff needs some sensitivity training. Everyone else is professional and easy to work with. Responsiveness is on point and they make me feel like I am important and that they are a part of MY team helping me get to my baby.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Don't remember, but nothing I didn't expect.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Matrika Johnson

Embryo Freezing
So far so good no complaints [with REACH] and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....They [nurses] respond quickly...She [Dr. Matrika Johnson] makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom...She makes me feel as though she is only working with me and doesn't generalize things that are specific to me....I appreciate her approach and her outlook. When I broke down she talked me through it....she made it clear whatever she can do to make me a mother she will.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask questions because she will answer them for you.
She makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons)
They respond quickly
Describe your experience with REACH.
So far so good no complaints and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....I never imagined I would not be able to conceive naturally
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
I have awesome insurance so thus far my cost have been pretty minimal I'm just nervous for the IVF to start I've only had tests and noth my tubes removed
That step is coming soon
Matrika Johnson
Charlotte
He [Dr. Jack Crain] was very forward and very intelligent but did seem cold at times...He was a well trained and experienced doctor who I feel did all he could to help us have a baby. He was very straight forward and informative on what to expect. He did exactly as he said he would. We would use him again!...Two egg retrieval’s after rounds of fertility drugs. Had embryos frozen to take Lupron from enrodemetrosis for three months then did embryo transfer and had a full term healthy baby boy. :)
Had embryos frozen [at REACH] to take Lupron from enrodemetrosis for three months then did embryo transfer and had a full term healthy baby boy. :)...They [nursing staff] were amazing, compassionate and knowledgeable...They were fast [during monitoring] and you knew what to expect. They were respectful of your time...Great staff and friendly! Sometimes there was a bit of a wait but it all depended on the time you go. They all were understanding of how emotional the process can be. I would recommend this place to anyone!
How was your experience with Jack Crain at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jack Crain at REACH?
Be ready to hear exactly what is going to happen and although he can be very forward he is a knowledgeable and well trained.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jack Crain at REACH?
He was very forward and very intelligent but did seem cold at times.
Describe the protocols Jack Crain used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Sue )
I love his nursing staff! They were amazing, compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
They were fast and you knew what to expect. They were respectful of your time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jack Crain at REACH.
Jack Crain
Charlotte
Anytime I spoken with them [nurses at REACH] in office or by phone they were always very nurturing and made sure I understood everything...WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF...Definitely worth it. We drove about two hours. I do believe he [Dr. Richard Wing] could have gotten us pregnant we just didn't have the funds. He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help...He [Dr. Richard Wing] really took them time to go through previous treatments and testing and explain what he would do and why. I felt as he was trying to explain why we should do this test and for what reason not just to waste money...He really cares about his patients...WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF...He took them time to explain why IUI did not work with a previous clinic and why IVF would work...He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help...
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
He really took them time to go through previous treatments and testing and explain what he would do and why. I felt as he was trying to explain why we should do this test and for what reason not just to waste money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Wing at REACH?
He really cares about his patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Wing at REACH?
Describe the protocols Richard Wing used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Anytime I spoken with them in office or by phone they were always very nurturing and made sure I understood everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Definitely worth it. We drove about two hours. I do believe he could have gotten us pregnant we just didn't have the funds. He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help.
2019, Consult
Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information... Went in for a consultation and had ultrasound, blood work. Given treatment options. Everything look good, given numbers and I am just waiting to proceed financially. I also have some medical issues such as low iron and some immunization that I need to take care of and my partner needs a sperm analysis
The wait time [at REACH] was long waiting for the nurse and bloodwork. Everything was fine. I would say be on time, ready to get bloodwork, ultrasound and have your questions ready also have your spouse if possible... They called with updates and answer all my call through the patient portal.... Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information...Went in for a consultation and had ultrasound, blood work. Given treatment options
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He is great have your questions ready
Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information
He thought a normal IVF cycle would be best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Celeste)
They called with updates and answer all my call through the patient portal.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The wait time was long waiting for the nurse and bloodwork. Everything was fine. I would say be on time, ready to get bloodwork, ultrasound and have your questions ready also have your spouse if possible
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
I have fertility under my insurance there was no upfront cost initially. Once I reach my deductible it will work like medical insurance
Charlotte

He [Dr. Seth Katz] has been great to work with and I would recommend him. However, there is so much uncertainty in my treatment plan to say if we will become successful. We are in another diagnostic phase due to having to failed transfers... He is doing everything in his ability to help us achieve our goal... Last protocol was mini stim... I think they [REACH- Charlotte] are great at what they do. However, we have not been successful at this time. I would prefer to see my dr more frequently and speak to him when we receive results. Currently the nurses call with results and we have to wait over a week to consult with the dr
I think they [REACH- Charlotte] are great at what they do. However, we have not been successful at this time. I would prefer to see my dr more frequently and speak to him when we receive results. Currently the nurses call with results and we have to wait over a week to consult with the dr.... Around $50,000 since we have begun.... He [Dr. Seth Katz] has been great to work with and I would recommend him. However, there is so much uncertainty in my treatment plan to say if we will become successful. We are in another diagnostic phase due to having to failed transfers... He is doing everything in his ability to help us achieve our goa
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He has been great to work with and I would recommend him. However, there is so much uncertainty in my treatment plan to say if we will become successful. We are in another diagnostic phase due to having to failed transfers.
Be patient
He is doing everything in his ability to help us achieve our goal
Last protocol was mini stim
Describe your experience with REACH.
I think they are great at what they do. However, we have not been successful at this time. I would prefer to see my dr more frequently and speak to him when we receive results. Currently the nurses call with results and we have to wait over a week to consult with the dr.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Again, I wish I could have seen my dr more frequently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Around $50,000 since we have begun.
Charlotte
Dr whelan was amazing at the process. Always kept us informed on all steps and any questions were answered with care and diligent. He provided us with such great details to all medications, procedures, eat...Be prepared to be fully informed and understand he wants to see great results!...treated us like family. Was friendly, informative, and highly knowledgeable of all our options...
Veronica [nurse at REACH] is AMAZING! She was always there to answer all questions quickly and accurately...The clinic from front desk, back office, nurses, financial, lab tech and the drs make you a priority. They make sure you are well taken care of and capable of making things happening. They are very attentive to details...Dr whelan was amazing at the process. Always kept us informed on all steps and any questions were answered with care and diligent.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Be prepared to be fully informed and understand he wants to see great results!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Dr Whelan treated us like family. Was friendly, informative, and highly knowledgeable of all our options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica is AMAZING! She was always there to answer all questions quickly and accurately.
Joseph Whelan
Charlotte

[Dr. Adelina Emmi is] Very knowledgable and experienced. She's very efficient in her visits. I was never kept waiting long even with unexpected visits. I always liked her in person. On the other hand, I always felt like I had to really dig for any information. I was treated as if I already knew everything. I did a lot of research at home after leaving appointments.... With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
I experienced a lot of challenges communicating with my care team [at REACH- Cornelius]. My Dr. and team treated me as if I knew everything about fertility and I had to ask a lot of questions. (I'm a newbie). I felt like I never knew what to expect. For example, I had an IUI one day that I wasn't aware I'd be having. And then one time I missed the opportunity to complete a treatment because the nurse did not provide a prescription (after I drove an hour and a half to a specialty pharmacy to get it). It was a mess.
How was your experience with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adelina Emmi at REACH?
If you're familiar with fertility concepts or have someone in your life who is, you'd probably have a great experience. If not, do some research ahead of time and bring questions with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
She was always very sensitive to any questions or concerns that I might have.
Describe the protocols Adelina Emmi used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and had already tried 3 cycles of Clomid with my OBGYN without positive results. With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Rose)
The office coordinator and lab nurse were great and always very helpful. My care nurse who coordinated things for the Dr. was challenging to work with. She forgot to give me a prescription at two different points in my treatment. One of which resulted in me not being able to finish a cycle.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I personally had to dig for any information I needed, but I don't know if that was my care team or the clinic overall. It took a long time for my patient portal account to get set up and that seemed to hinder communication. At times it was challenging to get someone on the phone. Ask for a direct line to your specific care team and learn who does what/who to contact for what in the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adelina Emmi at REACH.
Out of pocket I paid a few hundred dollars once we got to the point of using injectable medicines(for medicine and the consolation fee). I also paid a $200 consultation fee per cycle for Ovulation Induction or IUI treatments. Most nurses remarked that I had good insurance - meaning they covered almost if not all of most tests, procedures and prescriptions. However, I only had a $5000 lifetime max for fertility procedures which only covered up to 2 Ovulation Induction or IUI cycles - which is why the nurse making a mistake was so disappointing in my last cycle.
Describe Adelina Emmi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I experienced a lot of challenges communicating with my care team. My Dr. and team treated me as if I knew everything about fertility and I had to ask a lot of questions. (I'm a newbie). I felt like I never knew what to expect. For example, I had an IUI one day that I wasn't aware I'd be having. And then one time I missed the opportunity to complete a treatment because the nurse did not provide a prescription (after I drove an hour and a half to a specialty pharmacy to get it). It was a mess.
Adelina Emmi
Cornelius

It's [REACH- Lake Norman] a well-oiled machine - they know what they are doing and seem to be current on all the newest research and technology. At times, I felt that the clinic was mildly disorganized and busy (they see SO many patients), but otherwise I was very pleased with how efficiently they run their clinic in order to help as many people as possible. NO place is perfect, and we were very pleased with this clinic! The receptionists were always very warm and friendly!
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr. Wing was exactly the doctor that we needed. Even though he has a ton of patients and at times I felt like more of a number, the truth is that his care over me was excellent. His review of my history was thorough, as was his diagnostic procedures. I felt like he left no stone unturned and did everything possible to set us up for success with our first IVF. His work is excellent and he is a brilliant doctor. He is also kind and warm. No doctor is perfect, and even if I can pinpoint little things about him or the clinic that I may not have preferred, I would not have traded the care I received for anything else. He knows his stuff and does everything he can to succeed. He is also knowledge and on-top of recent cutting edge research and tests in the field, so I felt like the care I got was top notch and in line with best practice. We loved Dr Wing and hope to use him again for our next transfer!
Hmm the only thing I can think of is to ask a lot of questions and if you have the urge to question what he is doing, try to trust that he really does know his stuff and closely paying attention to your case even if you didn’t see him in person at any given appointment.
Appointments felt quick. Repeat appointments sometimes reviewed the same info we had gone over the prior session.
I did 3 ovulation induction cycles with clomid or letrozole + ovidrel trigger shot, and once used Gonal F; 1 out of 3 resulted in a pregnancy, but unfortunately it ended up being an early miscarriage. With IVF, we did a Receptiva Dx biopsy which came back positive and therefore I was put on Lupron for 3 months prior to our frozen transfer. I don't remember all the stimulation drugs for IVF, unfortunately. Once transfer time came, I was given intralipid infusions 4 times before and after the transfer; I was also placed on 1mL intramuscular injection of progesterone in oil, 0.1mg estradiol (estrogen patches); heparin injections twice per day, and baby aspirin, as well as extra folic acid and vitamin D (in addition to my PNV).
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Denise and Sue)
These nurses new me by name and were very patient with my questions and anxiety. They were also very compassionate when I experienced my pregnancy loss early on, and also rejoiced with us when we first heard the heartbeat of this current (healthy) pregnancy. At times, I felt like I need to ask further questions in order to get more details (but that could just be me wanting to know everything), and sometimes I felt that some of the nurses weren't aware of the specifics of my situation. I did appreciate their prompt responses to all my phone calls and portal messages. I will miss them greatly!
Describe your experience with REACH.
It's a well-oiled machine - they know what they are doing and seem to be current on all the newest research and technology. At times, I felt that the clinic was mildly disorganized and busy (they see SO many patients), but otherwise I was very pleased with how efficiently they run their clinic in order to help as many people as possible. NO place is perfect, and we were very pleased with this clinic! The receptionists were always very warm and friendly!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
They were a very efficient and well-oiled machine. I never had to wait super long, even if there were a lot of people there for monitoring as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Our insurance didn't cover any fertility interventions, so it was quite expensive for us. However, it was helpful to have things packaged under one bundle, whether that be our Ovulation Induction Cycle or IVF package - this way we mostly just paid a one-time lump payment and that included all the monitoring and bloodwork, so we rarely got additional bills to worry about.
Describe Richard Wing's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
My doctor suggested we do 1 embryo transfer since I'm still semi-young (under 35) and we have no reason to think it won't be successful. I'm sure if this pregnancy fails (I'm 10 weeks now), and/or for future transfers as I get older, he may want to transfer more than 1 to increase our odds of success. Our clinic's goal is to give us "one healthy baby", rather than multiples which increase chances of complications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Only once or twice was the clinic confused as to the nature and timing of my appointment, but this was more likely due to the fact that they have two locations so sometimes communication between the two was not perfect. But it always got sorted out and resolved while I was there and only took a phone call to fix it. It was never much of a hassle for me at all. It never impacted my care.
Cornelius

Dr. Wing is great at explaining everything in detail. He breaks everything down into terms that my husband and I can understand. Dr. Wing is also very realistic and has been honest with us of his opinion on how likely we are to conceive with different treatments.... Dr. Wing has a great bed-side manner. While under his care, we found out that I have endometrial cancer. Dr. Wing was very optimistic and did a great job of keeping my hopes high.
Overall the clinic [REACH] is great! They use all of the latest technology and can do a lot of the tests right there in the office rather than having to send them off for results. The only downfall is that they are constantly busy so it can be hard sometimes to get an appointment.... The nurses that performed the blood work and ultrasounds were fantastic! They were all very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Keep all of your records from any previous fertility treatments/doctors. Dr. Wing is able to look at those records and possibly see things that other doctors did not see.
I have not gone through a cycle with Dr. Wing yet due to him finding that I have endometrial cancer during a surgery that he performed to remove a polyp on my ovary. We planned on doing an IVF cycle using my own eggs right after the surgery. Sadly, I wasn't able to do a cycle right away because the cancer had to be treated first. The cancer has now been treated and my oncologist has given us 6 months to try to get pregnant before having to have a hysterectomy.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Overall the clinic is great! They use all of the latest technology and can do a lot of the tests right there in the office rather than having to send them off for results. The only downfall is that they are constantly busy so it can be hard sometimes to get an appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Dr. Wing performed the surgery to remove the polyp on mg ovaries which was very costly (around $6k out of pocket). I have paid a co-pay for my other appointments with him. The cost for my IVF treatment was estimated at $14k, plus the cost of medications (which could not be determined until the time of treatment).