1524 East Morehead Street
888.551.0874
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

After one cycle of DE IVF that resulted in a second trimester loss, Dr. Wing tested for antiphospholipid antibodies. After testing positive, Dr. Wing gave us a protocol that included intralipid infusions and daily heparin injections alongside the usual estradiol and progesterone. We had a healthy baby girl at 35 weeks due to this protocol and high risk monitoring throughout pregnancy...truly cares about his patients. I believe he gave us the very best care possible, was present for every transfer, and properly diagnosed my APS so that I could achieve a healthy pregnancy. He was always compassionate and honest in our consultations.
Everyone at REACH has been incredibly kind and personable...The only weakness i would identify is the financial department. They were not the most helpful or kind, but don’t let that turn you off to the practice! After working out payment every other interaction at REACH was excellent...After one cycle of DE IVF that resulted in a second trimester loss, Dr. Wing tested for antiphospholipid antibodies. After testing positive, Dr. Wing gave us a protocol that included intralipid infusions and daily heparin injections alongside the usual estradiol and progesterone. We had a healthy baby girl at 35 weeks due to this protocol and high risk monitoring throughout pregnancy.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr Wing truly cares about his patients. I believe he gave us the very best care possible, was present for every transfer, and properly diagnosed my APS so that I could achieve a healthy pregnancy. He was always compassionate and honest in our consultations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Wing at REACH?
Everyone at REACH has been incredibly kind and personable
Describe the protocols Richard Wing used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Charlotte

Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion. She doesn’t sugar coat yet is very compassionate... She observed me. Checked my uterus...did trial transfers, constantly checked my hormone levels. I kept getting fluid in uterus so she decided to have surgery to determine the problem. She made sure to know exactly where to place embryo to get best chances of implantation.
The clinic [REACH] is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.... [Cost Of Treatment] Ivf donor Cycle 25k... Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Listen and let her do what she needs to give you best option
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She made it personal with her patients. She cared for my well being
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Very professional and courteous
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.
Ivf donor Cycle 25k
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
She made it clear she didn’t like to transfer more than two and concurred
2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz always took his time to explain everything.... Dr. Katz has always answered my questions and put me at ease. He is good at what he does even if it's not always what you want to hear. I felt more comfortable knowing I was in capable hands whether it was just monitoring or my surgery.... Go in with an open mind and trust him. He will not stear you in the wrong direction.... I was scheduled for an appointnentnonce via phone that my husband and I both took off work for only to find out, it wasn't documented. We showed up for said appointment and the Dr. wasn't there because he didn't know about it.
Dr. Katz and his team are phenomenal. The billing department [REACH] however could use some major help. Just keep a close eye on what you are being charged for vs. What they bill your insurance for.... Always always use email to communicate. I was scheduled for an appointnentnonce via phone that my husband and I both took off work for only to find out, it wasn't documented. We showed up for said appointment and the Dr. wasn't there because he didn't know about it.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz always took his time to explain everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Dr. Katz and his team are phenomenal. The billing department however could use some major help. Just keep a close eye on what you are being charged for vs. What they bill your insurance for. You don't want to end up over paying and we all know this process can get costly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Cycle monitoring $700. Laparoscopy $1200. Copay $55.
Charlotte
She [Dr. Lauren Johnson] has a great way of explaining things and balances her clinical knowledge with understanding of the emotional aspects of fertility treatments...I would like to see my doctor more. I've been to the clinic probably 20 times and seen her twice...Clomid 50mg for the first 2 IUIs. The first one I responded well with 2 follicles but only produced one good follicle with the second one. For the third IUI she upped my Clomid to 100mg days 3-7.
I would like to see my doctor [at REACH Charlotte] more. I've been to the clinic probably 20 times and seen her twice...$750 per session of iui...Utilize the patient portal...Clomid 50mg for the first 2 IUIs. The first one I responded well with 2 follicles but only produced one good follicle with the second one. For the third IUI she upped my Clomid to 100mg days 3-7.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She is excellent at communicating and making sure you understand exactly what you can expect. We felt very comfortable with the knowledge we walked away with. She wanted to make sure we start with the best choice for us given our unexplained diagnosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Utilize the patient portal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She has a great way of explaining things and balances her clinical knowledge with understanding of the emotional aspects of fertility treatments.
Describe the protocols Lauren Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Great staff
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
$750 per session of iui
Describe Lauren Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Na
Lauren Johnson
2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol...He was great at explaining what PCOS was and how it affected my health overall. He listened to our concerns and modified treatment as we went through the process. The only downside was he was usually running at least 45 minutes late...Plan on an extra hour or so for your appointment. He is very thorough which means he runs long on his appointments.
The financial woman Diane [at REACH] was terrible. We almost did not proceed with Ivf because she was so incompetent. Luckily everyone else was great and we looked past it...All the nurses were absolutely wonderful. They were so happy when we finally got pregnant...He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Whelan at REACH?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa but I can’t remember her last name )
Describe your experience with REACH.
The financial woman Diane was terrible. We almost did not proceed with Ivf because she was so incompetent. Luckily everyone else was great and we looked past it. All the doctors were great and I recommended this clinic to 2 couples and each have children through REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Total $30,000
Describe Joseph Whelan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
He recommended no more than 2.
2011 - 2014, Unsuccessful
If you're looking for a very clinical and smart Doctor no one is better [than Nancy Teaff]. I am not a "high maintenance" type of patient so if you are that type I'm not sure how you would do. I was very realistic about my chances of getting pregnant in my 40's but not all women are which probably effects their expectations of the doctor.
[REACH in Charlotte is a] good practice. You see various providers during monitoring some are better than others...Nursing staff was very compassionate and helpful...Dr. Teaff is very smart and knows the literature and is very knowledgeable about the latest procedures. My husband and I connected with her very well and she was very compassionate about my situation. She gave me all the options and did everything possible.
How was your experience with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Teaff at REACH?
If you're looking for a very clinical and smart Doctor no one is better. I am not a "high maintenance" type of patient so if you are that type I'm not sure how you would do. I was very realistic about my chances of getting pregnant in my 40's but not all women are which probably effects their expectations of the doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
Nurses and Dr. Teaff were wonderful
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing staff was very compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Good practice. You see various providers during monitoring some are better than others.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
it was pretty efficient. some days longer wait than others.
Nancy Teaff

2011 - 2013, Successful
I found out I had endometriosis during my first pelvic ultrasound when dr Katz said "utt o". Ask lots of questions!
Made me wait to find out negative pregnancy tests. But Melissa was the nurse who told me I was pregnant and she didn't make me wait for those results.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
I found out I had endo during my first pelvic ultrasound when dr Katz said "utt o".
Ask lots of questions!
Making me wait to find out negative pregnancy tests. But Melissa was the nurse who told me I was pregnant and she didn't make me wait for those results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Charlotte

[Dr. Seth Katz] He was very nice and professional but it seemed like he held back on additional information that he could have provided. After he told me everything he would have handled differently and expressed very vocally that he would be doing my next transfer...The medication and protocols used for me I would say the “standard” course of action for someone that doesn’t suffer from infertility, my husband does
[REACH clinic] Strength- the head nurse seemed to be very involved. However the quotes provided were more than double for my medicine which is absurd because I was told I was prescribed less than a standard patient...For checkups, egg retrevial, a transfer, and freezing two embryos we ended up paying a little over 20k...
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He was very nice and professional but it seemed like he held back on additional information that he could have provided. After he told me everything he would have handled differently and expressed very vocally that he would be doing my next transfer. The person that did my transfer asked a lot of questions during it and it all seemed off.
Come with a lot of questions and do a lot of research on your own.
I felt like I was treated as a human because he answered any questions I had and spoke to me like a normal person. However, I felt like I had to pry at times to get answers which was aggravating because I didn’t always know the questions to ask. This was our first time undergoing IVF.
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
The medication and protocols used for me I would say the “standard” course of action for someone that doesn’t suffer from infertility, my husband does. He mentioned knowing I could handle more after the first round, we would “up the meds” if I wanted to do a second retrieval so we could get more eggs. He said he didn’t know how my body would react but now that he does we would take that course of action next time. We never had to stop treatment during my time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
I do not feel like they were organized. I feel like they took on to many cases at once almost. My husband had frozen sperm banked elsewhere and they forgot to tell me I needed to have it transferred on my own after I filled out all the necessary paperwork due to a screening not being complete at the time he banked. The only reason it was addressed was because I followed up with them to make sure they had it. I feel like that’s a huge “uh oh”, I was doing my egg retrieval in just a few days. If I remember correctly, it was three days prior.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strength- the head nurse seemed to be very involved. However the quotes provided were more than double for my medicine which is absurd because I was told I was prescribed less than a standard patient. One prescription was 10k, they quoted me around 3-5k total. As many patients as they see I don’t know how you could be so far off. I understand a quote is very much just that, a quote. But, this was very far off from the reality of what we ended up paying.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
It was a pretty long line that would start at a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the clinic even opening.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Dr. Katz only wanted to do one because “they don’t really like doing more than one” and I had a high chance of getting pregnant so it wasn’t really an option. I have two frozen, one with a higher grade and one with a lower. That being the case he said he would transfer two next time if I wanted. I felt like I should have had more of an option with the first transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My husbands Sperm was never transferred after they told me they were taking care of it. We had to sign the form for it to be released more than once because they lost it. All of this was right before my retrieval and was very stressful. I didn’t feel like I really mattered to the clinic. Just another number.
Charlotte

Dr Johnson never made me feel rushed. She was honest but positive, candid but kind. She was extremely patient and overall wonderful...has done research specifically for my case, and changed treatment courses when things weren't working...[she] only wanted to transfer one for my first two transfers. Especially as I'm very small framed. After two failures, she let us elect to choose to transfer more if we wished.
Some of the nurses [at REACH] aren't my favorite. But there are a couple I absolutely adore. My nursing team feels like family. They all know me by name and genuinely care for me...I have done one egg retrieval and 5 transfer cycles. Two were cancelled. On both the cancelled cycles, Dr. Johnson adjusted the protocol and found a new thing to try...Overall ive only had one miscommunication. I was sent some inaccurate paperwork.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She is an amazing doctor. She has done research specifically for my case, and changed treatment courses when things weren't working. I have no bad things to say about her. She even remembers things I tell her unrelated to treatment, and will chat with me during procedures! I can tell she truly cares about me
Be prepared to ask lots of questions!
I have done one egg retrieval and 5 transfer cycles. Two were cancelled. On both the cancelled cycles, Dr. Johnson adjusted the protocol and found a new thing to try. We are still getting it right, but we are getting closer and closer. She has also performed numerous testing on me, including a hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
Some of the nurses aren't my favorite. But there are a couple I absolutely adore. My nursing team feels like family. They all know me by name and genuinely care for me.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic is great. The financial part sucks. They are bad communicators and often rude or insensitive. I dislike my financial coordinator. Everyone else is amazing. I'm friendly with the receptionists and phlebotomists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
Expensive. I think total cost so far is in the 40k area. Insurance covered a fair portion.
Dr. Johnson only wanted to transfer one for my first two transfers. Especially as I'm very small framed. After two failures, she let us elect to choose to transfer more if we wished.
Lauren Johnson
Charlotte

We felt as if we were human because he [Dr. Joseph Whelan] constantly knew our story, and has continued to walk beside us as we make all of our own decisions in the options that he has given us. He is very knowledgeable and will give you honest advise.... My husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome from Dr. DeBord (a urologist in Concord, NC). This is a genetic syndrome that causes infertility. Our only option is now IVF.
I think this clinic [REACH- Charlotte] is very focused on the goal to help patients grow their family. They genuinely care for you as a person/couple, and they want to support you throughout your journey. This season of life is hard and this clinic has made it easier to accept that we are struggling through infertility. A weakness would be the cost, and I know there isn't much they can do about that. It is truly the only downfall to having to have an IVF treatment at this clinic
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
From the moment we became patients at REACH we felt like family. We have always been well taken care of and all of our questions have been answered appropriately. We trust this clinic and would recommend it to anyone.
Know that you are there to figure out your journey to growing your family. Dr. Whelan is honest, but kind. He wants to do what is safe and best for you.
We felt as if we were human because he constantly knew our story, and has continued to walk beside us as we make all of our own decisions in the options that he has given us. He is very knowledgeable and will give you honest advise.
Describe the protocols Joseph Whelan used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
My husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome from Dr. DeBord (a urologist in Concord, NC). This is a genetic syndrome that causes infertility. Our only option is now IVF. We have not started any treatments because we are trying to figure out our funds to be able to do so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica and Melissa)
The nurse staff was always helpful with every question that we had and continue to have. They have been a blessing throughout our journey to help us learn the specifics of infertility.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I think this clinic is very focused on the goal to help patients grow their family. They genuinely care for you as a person/couple, and they want to support you throughout your journey. This season of life is hard and this clinic has made it easier to accept that we are struggling through infertility. A weakness would be the cost, and I know there isn't much they can do about that. It is truly the only downfall to having to have an IVF treatment at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Most of my costs have been fully covered because we have only completed the testing portion of our infertility. IVF is our next step and our insurance will not cover it. We are struggling to figure out where we will find the funds.
Our doctor prefers eSET due to the higher risks with multiple embryo transfer.
Charlotte

I never actually saw dr Katz again until my post op from egg retrieval to explain why it was a failure and didn’t produce a single embryo...We did 9 days of stimulations. I used a very moderate dose of medication not very strong because of endometrosis. At egg retrieval 12 eggs most of them damaged/cracked. It useable. Only 3 were mature. None of the eggs fertilized and I was left a voicemail at 630am the next morning stating that and could never get anyone to call me back.
[cost of REACH] $13k for ivf $5k for meditation $500 for mine and my husband’s genetic testing other fees. This is rough estimate...I used a very moderate dose of medication not very strong because of endometrosis. At egg retrieval 12 eggs most of them damaged/cracked. It useable. Only 3 were mature. None of the eggs fertilized and I was left a voicemail at 630am the next morning stating that and could never get anyone to call me back.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He seems like a nice guy. I finally make a payment as we decide to move forward and that is when I was treated like a number not a patient who just spent entire savings to not receive proper care. I never actually saw dr Katz again until my post op from egg retrieval to explain why it was a failure and didn’t produce a single embryo.
Ask him in the consultation if he ever plans on returning an email or call to any of his patients?
He would never call me back. No one at the office answers the phone. You have to send messages and pray they respond before the cut off time for the day. Also seen a different dr each time.
Describe your experience with REACH.
When I arrived early am for egg retrieval staff on 1st floor check in were talking drinking coffee. I was the only patient in the room. I walked up to the window. So nervous I was shaking. Waiting for my husband to come be with me after giving sperm sample. They looked at me. No smile good morning or anything just turned back around and continued talking. They were about 4 ft from the glass window I was standing at. After making me feel so embarrassed just standing there for a good minute I realize there is a sign that says have a seat. I go sit down and what do you know. She grins at her coworkers, slides her rolling chair over to the window and opens the glass and says “name”? How unprofessional and childish. I was so hurt my this behavior. After retrieval dr Johnson left so fast they weren’t even able to get a dr to sign off for pain medicine. That should have been filled out already but it was included with several meds listed on one piece of paper and the pharmacy said they can’t do that ! We need a separate prescription for this ?! What are they thinking? So there’s that.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Very busy and when dr Johnson was doing my ultrasound I was trying to tell her about extreme pain I was having couldn’t sleep and could hardly breathe and she literally said “everything looks fine” and then started talking to the nurse who appeared to be new talking about the previous patient they seen. Nothing personal just making sure they had notes straight since nurse was slow. Next monitoring session PA is doing my ultrasound and takes time to pay attention and notices I’m so out of breath I can hardly speak, she checks my lungs and seemed very concerned for me then my egg retrieval was scheduled shortly after.
Never got to that point

2018, Consult
Dr. Katz was great. Me and my husband had a ton of questions...And we got told IVF is our only option to have children. Everything was very overwhelming at first. Dr. Katz broke down and explained all of our questions very thoroughly...I came in already having a HSG test done, which I found out I had an unicornuate uterus. After my first visit he had ordered a MRI to get better imaging. No birth control was going to be needed for my cycle.
Very good nursing care [at REACH]. When me and husband found out we couldn’t do IVF due to pricing, the nurse called a few months later checking in on us...Whenever Dr.Katz ordered the MRI...took them a few weeks to actually schedule the MRI. I had to call a few times to check on it, whenever I called they said they haven’t received an order yet. And then after I finally had it done it took another few weeks to call back with results.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz was great. Me and my husband had a ton of questions, this was our fertility doctor we have seen. And we got told IVF is our only option to have children. Everything was very overwhelming at first. Dr. Katz broke down and explained all of our questions very thoroughly.
No advice. Loved him!
He broke down every question me and my husband had and explained everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember name )
Very good nursing care. When me and husband found out we couldn’t do IVF due to pricing, the nurse called a few months later checking in on us.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Dr Katz and the nurse were very professional and courteous. The billing department was a hard part to handle. The lady that worked in there wasn’t the nicest at our first appointment.. the second appointment was a little better.
Our IVF round would have $22,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Whenever Dr.Katz ordered the MRI I took them a few weeks to actually schedule the MRI. I had to call a few times to check on it, whenever I called they said they haven’t received an order yet. And then after I finally had it done it took another few weeks to call back with results.

2022, Unknown Success
I'm happy we found Dr Katz, Someone recommended me to see him after being disappointed with my other experiences, Best recommendation ever! He is honest, helpful and works with you for what you need. I'm not pregnant yet but we are working together on it...I love the service and the attention from doctors
I changed to the one [REACH] in Charlotte and the doctors are great, they actually put everything in the portal and call you later your appointment to talk about results and next steps...I love the service and the attention from doctors and the nursing staff...I'm happy we found Dr Katz, Someone recommended me to see him after being disappointed with my other experiences, Best recommendation ever! He is honest, helpful and works with you for what you need. I'm not pregnant yet but we are working together on it.
listen and trust him.
Pcos and male factor (low morphology) We agreed about to start letrozole 2.5mg two of them each day for 7 days starting the third day in my cycle, 6-8 pm every night. The letrozole helped me to ovulate and I had normal cycles (3) but we didn't get luck. I'm about to have my next appointment to talk about the next steps in our treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
I love the service and the attention from doctors and the nursing staff. (REACH -Charlotte.)
Describe your experience with REACH.
I did not have a good experience in Reach in Mooresville but I changed to the one in Charlotte and the doctors are great, they actually put everything in the portal and call you later your appointment to talk about results and next steps.
$1000 Ovulation induction
2020, Consult
Dr Katz was very kind, we did an online consultation because of the coronavirus issue... He did explain eveyrthing that we wanted to know...was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at...He seems to have a lot of knowledge abot fertility and he is a very kind doctor.
The costs [at REACH} seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...So far we just had one consultation, but Dr Katz was very prompt in answering our questions e explained the options that we have. Right now we have to do all the primerly tests and see where we at with our health. We are planning to do embryo freezing due to my age.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
We just had one consultation with Dr Katz online last month. What I can say is that we was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at.
We didnt have any cycles yet due to corona virus.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The costs seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...
The doctor mention that its up to us to decide what we would like to do, but first he need to check our health first.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
So far we have no complaints.
Charlotte

Dr. Johnson is firm but also relatable. She makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing...I am still undergoing treatment. I am taking prenatals and other meds to prep for pregnancy soon...I appreciate that she has to be firm and give the facts. That can sting at times and difficult to accept, even when it is the truth
The front desk staff [of REACH] needs some sensitivity training. Everyone else is professional and easy to work with. Responsiveness is on point and they make me feel like I am important and that they are a part of MY team helping me get to my baby...She [Dr. Johnson] makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I appreciate that she has to be firm and give the facts. That can sting at times and difficult to accept, even when it is the truth. It would be awesome to incorporate some of the real-life successes using non-traditional methods that I've discovered on my own, but maybe that's not how it works.
Be prepared to hear the truth. But also know that she will help you achieve your dream of being a parent.
Dr. Johnson is firm but also relatable. She makes it a point to personalize the treatment plan to what the patient desires and is comfortable doing. That helps in not feeling like you are just a part of a baby factory.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Everyone I have encountered has been awesome. Very helpful.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The front desk staff needs some sensitivity training. Everyone else is professional and easy to work with. Responsiveness is on point and they make me feel like I am important and that they are a part of MY team helping me get to my baby.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Don't remember, but nothing I didn't expect.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Katz is amazing. He is the first male doctor I have allowed to treat me. He has made sure I understand all the testing and information provided to me. He is very friendly and down to earth. He is committed to his patients...experience in PCOS...very pleasant and takes the time to get to know his patients...He keep in contact with me.
Everything is perfect so far [at REACH - Charlotte]. I don’t have any complaints at all. If I need them they are always there. I’m very comfortable with the team I was provided. I asked for a Doctor with experience in PCOS and there wasn’t a problem with finding the right one...The nursing staff is very friendly and calls anytime anything needs to be communicated
Always listen
Dr. Katz is very pleasant and takes the time to get to know his patients
We did two rounds of Letrozole until my insurance was able to start. He keep in contact with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Everything is perfect so far. I don’t have any complaints at all. If I need them they are always there. I’m very comfortable with the team I was provided. I asked for a Doctor with experience in PCOS and there wasn’t a problem with finding the right one
Consultation was around $350

Embryo Freezing
So far so good no complaints [with REACH] and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....They [nurses] respond quickly...She [Dr. Matrika Johnson] makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom...She makes me feel as though she is only working with me and doesn't generalize things that are specific to me....I appreciate her approach and her outlook. When I broke down she talked me through it....she made it clear whatever she can do to make me a mother she will.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask questions because she will answer them for you.
She makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons)
They respond quickly
Describe your experience with REACH.
So far so good no complaints and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....I never imagined I would not be able to conceive naturally
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
I have awesome insurance so thus far my cost have been pretty minimal I'm just nervous for the IVF to start I've only had tests and noth my tubes removed
That step is coming soon
Charlotte
He [Dr. Jack Crain] was very forward and very intelligent but did seem cold at times...He was a well trained and experienced doctor who I feel did all he could to help us have a baby. He was very straight forward and informative on what to expect. He did exactly as he said he would. We would use him again!...Two egg retrieval’s after rounds of fertility drugs. Had embryos frozen to take Lupron from enrodemetrosis for three months then did embryo transfer and had a full term healthy baby boy. :)
Had embryos frozen [at REACH] to take Lupron from enrodemetrosis for three months then did embryo transfer and had a full term healthy baby boy. :)...They [nursing staff] were amazing, compassionate and knowledgeable...They were fast [during monitoring] and you knew what to expect. They were respectful of your time...Great staff and friendly! Sometimes there was a bit of a wait but it all depended on the time you go. They all were understanding of how emotional the process can be. I would recommend this place to anyone!
How was your experience with Jack Crain at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jack Crain at REACH?
Be ready to hear exactly what is going to happen and although he can be very forward he is a knowledgeable and well trained.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jack Crain at REACH?
He was very forward and very intelligent but did seem cold at times.
Describe the protocols Jack Crain used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Sue )
I love his nursing staff! They were amazing, compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
They were fast and you knew what to expect. They were respectful of your time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jack Crain at REACH.
Jack Crain
Charlotte
Anytime I spoken with them [nurses at REACH] in office or by phone they were always very nurturing and made sure I understood everything...WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF...Definitely worth it. We drove about two hours. I do believe he [Dr. Richard Wing] could have gotten us pregnant we just didn't have the funds. He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help...He [Dr. Richard Wing] really took them time to go through previous treatments and testing and explain what he would do and why. I felt as he was trying to explain why we should do this test and for what reason not just to waste money...He really cares about his patients...WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF...He took them time to explain why IUI did not work with a previous clinic and why IVF would work...He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help...
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
He really took them time to go through previous treatments and testing and explain what he would do and why. I felt as he was trying to explain why we should do this test and for what reason not just to waste money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Wing at REACH?
He really cares about his patients.
WE only did testing and a few medicated cycles. WE could not afford IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Anytime I spoken with them in office or by phone they were always very nurturing and made sure I understood everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Definitely worth it. We drove about two hours. I do believe he could have gotten us pregnant we just didn't have the funds. He took the time to explain everything including cost, what our insurance covered and how to get more coverage and other financial help.
2019, Consult
Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information... Went in for a consultation and had ultrasound, blood work. Given treatment options. Everything look good, given numbers and I am just waiting to proceed financially. I also have some medical issues such as low iron and some immunization that I need to take care of and my partner needs a sperm analysis
The wait time [at REACH] was long waiting for the nurse and bloodwork. Everything was fine. I would say be on time, ready to get bloodwork, ultrasound and have your questions ready also have your spouse if possible... They called with updates and answer all my call through the patient portal.... Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information...Went in for a consultation and had ultrasound, blood work. Given treatment options
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He is great have your questions ready
Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information
He thought a normal IVF cycle would be best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Celeste)
They called with updates and answer all my call through the patient portal.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The wait time was long waiting for the nurse and bloodwork. Everything was fine. I would say be on time, ready to get bloodwork, ultrasound and have your questions ready also have your spouse if possible
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
I have fertility under my insurance there was no upfront cost initially. Once I reach my deductible it will work like medical insurance
Charlotte

He [Dr. Seth Katz] has been great to work with and I would recommend him. However, there is so much uncertainty in my treatment plan to say if we will become successful. We are in another diagnostic phase due to having to failed transfers... He is doing everything in his ability to help us achieve our goal... Last protocol was mini stim... I think they [REACH- Charlotte] are great at what they do. However, we have not been successful at this time. I would prefer to see my dr more frequently and speak to him when we receive results. Currently the nurses call with results and we have to wait over a week to consult with the dr
I think they [REACH- Charlotte] are great at what they do. However, we have not been successful at this time. I would prefer to see my dr more frequently and speak to him when we receive results. Currently the nurses call with results and we have to wait over a week to consult with the dr.... Around $50,000 since we have begun.... He [Dr. Seth Katz] has been great to work with and I would recommend him. However, there is so much uncertainty in my treatment plan to say if we will become successful. We are in another diagnostic phase due to having to failed transfers... He is doing everything in his ability to help us achieve our goa
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He has been great to work with and I would recommend him. However, there is so much uncertainty in my treatment plan to say if we will become successful. We are in another diagnostic phase due to having to failed transfers.
Be patient
He is doing everything in his ability to help us achieve our goal
Last protocol was mini stim
Describe your experience with REACH.
I think they are great at what they do. However, we have not been successful at this time. I would prefer to see my dr more frequently and speak to him when we receive results. Currently the nurses call with results and we have to wait over a week to consult with the dr.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Again, I wish I could have seen my dr more frequently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Around $50,000 since we have begun.
Charlotte
Dr whelan was amazing at the process. Always kept us informed on all steps and any questions were answered with care and diligent. He provided us with such great details to all medications, procedures, eat...Be prepared to be fully informed and understand he wants to see great results!...treated us like family. Was friendly, informative, and highly knowledgeable of all our options...
Veronica [nurse at REACH] is AMAZING! She was always there to answer all questions quickly and accurately...The clinic from front desk, back office, nurses, financial, lab tech and the drs make you a priority. They make sure you are well taken care of and capable of making things happening. They are very attentive to details...Dr whelan was amazing at the process. Always kept us informed on all steps and any questions were answered with care and diligent.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Be prepared to be fully informed and understand he wants to see great results!
Dr Whelan treated us like family. Was friendly, informative, and highly knowledgeable of all our options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica is AMAZING! She was always there to answer all questions quickly and accurately.
Charlotte

[Dr. Richard Wing] answers questions in a very straightforward manner...very busy and sometimes was late for appointments, or our meetings seemed rushed. Most visits are with the nurses or the PA, you have to make a separate appointment to see Dr. Wing...we knew going into it the chances weren't good, as I have very low AMH...we had very few eggs retrieved and no viable embryos to transfer.
[REACH] forgot to call me with results...waited two weeks longer than when I was told to expect the results...challenges with communication and voicemails not being returned...online portal is slightly better...[nurses] are kind, friendly, and upbeat...offers a multi-cycle program that reimburses you if you do not conceive, however I did not qualify due to low AMH.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
I really like Dr. Wing, he is kind and has a good bedside manner. He answers questions in a very straightforward manner. He is very busy and sometimes was late for appointments, or our meetings seemed rushed. Most visits are with the nurses or the PA, you have to make a separate appointment to see Dr. Wing.
Make a list of questions to take with you ahead of time. Don't be afraid to ask for specific numbers, such as statistics on the outcomes within the clinic. It can be very overwhelming and difficult to remember everything you need to ask.
Dr. Wing is very kind in person. He is a very busy man and sometimes our meetings felt rushed.
I started with two courses of IUI - once with letrozole, which I did not respond well to, and once with Clomid, which had a better response. Neither resulted in pregnancy. I then did Clomid only (without IUI) for 2 months before moving on to IVF. We did one round of IVF but we knew going into it the chances weren't good, as I have very low AMH. It was not surprising when we had very few eggs retrieved and no viable embryos to transfer. Dr. Wing offered another round of IVF, but we decided against it because of the cost and low chances of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Chapelle)
The nurses are all wonderful - particularly Amy at the Lake Norman location! They are kind, friendly, and upbeat - exactly the type of demeanor that is needed for the job. They also remember details about you - they always asked how my work was going, remembered times when my husband was travelling, etc.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The biggest challenge with this clinic is communication. It is next to impossible to get ahold of anyone on the phone, and there have been many times when I have left messages that were never answered. Their online portal is slightly better, especially once you are an established patient because your portal messages are sent to your specific nurse. But not being able to get in touch with a provider for time-sensitive questions is problematic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Monitoring appointments were a breeze! They are from 7-8:30am, so I would show up around 7:45 and almost always was out of there by 8:15, usually sooner. I was never late for work which made the treatment more manageable for my schedule. Everyone at the Lake Norman location is incredible friendly and welcoming, starting with Wendy at the front desk!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Each IUI was about $1000, plus the cost of meds. IVF was about $13,000 plus meds, which for me was almost $4000. Unfortunately I have terrible health insurance that didn't cover any of it - but many insurance plans provide some coverage. REACH also offers a multi-cycle program that reimburses you if you do not conceive, however I did not qualify due to low AMH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
They forgot to call me with results once and I waited two weeks longer than when I was told to expect the results. I also had challenges with communication and voicemails not being returned.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr Wing is very knowledgeable and has been around since the start of the center. I felt as though he knew what he was talking about and is able to explain treatment throughly. [He] took time to answer all of our questions and did not seem rushed like other doctors in the past. He was also prompt to our appointment...We require genetic testing PGT-M and IVF. We are currently in the genetic stage and will advance to the IVF steps once our genetic pieces are together.
The clinics has a strength in timely communication. They [REACH staff] answer questions proptly and are very helpful. The clinic is very knowledgeable about options for our unique situation. Of course the cost is substantial and definitely considered a weakness and a barrier to treatment. I would also like patients to know that the parking is funky at the Lake Norman office. There is a parking deck with limited signage. Drive up to the top level and you can park right at the REACH door.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr Wing is very knowledgeable and has been around since the start of the center. I felt as though he knew what he was talking about and is able to explain treatment throughly. Dr Wing took time to answer all of our questions and did not seem rushed like other doctors in the past. He was also prompt to our appointment. I have waited in the waiting room before for other doctors for a long time, but not with Dr. Wing.
I would suggest that a patient do some research before on infertility treatment options and lingo prior to an appointment. Although Dr Wing breaks the info and terminology down, it is still a lot to take in and comprehend. Ask lots of questions. They are there to help you.
Everyone in the office is so kind - From the original phone call to schedule the first appointment to paying as we left. The staff is also very timely in getting our questions answered. They took time to review our case and long history of infertility and loss prior to meeting with us.
After 4 years of infertility and failed treatments at a different clinic, we spontaneously became pregnant with our son. He was born at 41 week and appeared perfect. He passed away at 3 days. He was diagnosed with a rare and often fatal metabolic condition. My husband and I found following his death that we are carriers for this condition. We require genetic testing PGT-M and IVF. We are currently in the genetic stage and will advance to the IVF steps once our genetic pieces are together. Dr Wing knew exactly the steps needed to give us hope for a healthy baby.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The entire nursing staff is so sweet and kind. They seem to really care and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinics has a strength in timely communication. They answer questions proptly and are very helpful. The clinic is very knowledgeable about options for our unique situation. Of course the cost is substantial and definitely considered a weakness and a barrier to treatment. I would also like patients to know that the parking is funky at the Lake Norman office. There is a parking deck with limited signage. Drive up to the top level and you can park right at the REACH door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Our total estimate is between $25,000-33,000
Describe Richard Wing's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Our Doctor recommended single embryo transfer to start with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We met with the PA for our original consult. She recommended we see a specific doctor (special to our case and not within the REACH center) in addition. She gave us this information and I disagreed with the need to do so. She consulted with Dr Wing and he said we did not need to do that additional step since we were already knowledgeable and did some screenings prior to coming.
Cornelius

[Dr. Adelina Emmi is] Very knowledgable and experienced. She's very efficient in her visits. I was never kept waiting long even with unexpected visits. I always liked her in person. On the other hand, I always felt like I had to really dig for any information. I was treated as if I already knew everything. I did a lot of research at home after leaving appointments.... With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
I experienced a lot of challenges communicating with my care team [at REACH- Cornelius]. My Dr. and team treated me as if I knew everything about fertility and I had to ask a lot of questions. (I'm a newbie). I felt like I never knew what to expect. For example, I had an IUI one day that I wasn't aware I'd be having. And then one time I missed the opportunity to complete a treatment because the nurse did not provide a prescription (after I drove an hour and a half to a specialty pharmacy to get it). It was a mess.
How was your experience with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adelina Emmi at REACH?
If you're familiar with fertility concepts or have someone in your life who is, you'd probably have a great experience. If not, do some research ahead of time and bring questions with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
She was always very sensitive to any questions or concerns that I might have.
Describe the protocols Adelina Emmi used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and had already tried 3 cycles of Clomid with my OBGYN without positive results. With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Rose)
The office coordinator and lab nurse were great and always very helpful. My care nurse who coordinated things for the Dr. was challenging to work with. She forgot to give me a prescription at two different points in my treatment. One of which resulted in me not being able to finish a cycle.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I personally had to dig for any information I needed, but I don't know if that was my care team or the clinic overall. It took a long time for my patient portal account to get set up and that seemed to hinder communication. At times it was challenging to get someone on the phone. Ask for a direct line to your specific care team and learn who does what/who to contact for what in the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adelina Emmi at REACH.
Out of pocket I paid a few hundred dollars once we got to the point of using injectable medicines(for medicine and the consolation fee). I also paid a $200 consultation fee per cycle for Ovulation Induction or IUI treatments. Most nurses remarked that I had good insurance - meaning they covered almost if not all of most tests, procedures and prescriptions. However, I only had a $5000 lifetime max for fertility procedures which only covered up to 2 Ovulation Induction or IUI cycles - which is why the nurse making a mistake was so disappointing in my last cycle.
Describe Adelina Emmi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I experienced a lot of challenges communicating with my care team. My Dr. and team treated me as if I knew everything about fertility and I had to ask a lot of questions. (I'm a newbie). I felt like I never knew what to expect. For example, I had an IUI one day that I wasn't aware I'd be having. And then one time I missed the opportunity to complete a treatment because the nurse did not provide a prescription (after I drove an hour and a half to a specialty pharmacy to get it). It was a mess.
Adelina Emmi