7.2

Cornelius
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

Dr. Katz has always taken adequate time to talk to my husband and I about treatments, we've had multiple one on one meetings with him, everytime I see him in the office he treats me like a friend and gives us hugs and well wishes...[he]strongly recommends ESET at this point but will discuss multiple if appropriate...Stimmed for IUI/TI with letrozole and gonal F - overproduced 8 follicles so switched to a egg retrieval + invocell cycle
[nurse of REACH]treats you like a friend, very receptive and accomodating...The strength is the people, we love the nurses, coordinators, PA and doctors...The main weakness is the billing department, bills are sporadic and last minute. It is not clear when something needs to be paid. We are paying out of pocket and have no infertility coverage so this is really difficult...I have spent almost 40k so far
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is clear and direct. He tells it like it is but not in a way that's scary for me. I can tell he wants the best for us and wants us to be pregnant. He is willing to work with me to find the best option.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
Trust your doctor, don't expect warm and fuzzy but do expect honestly and truthfulness.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
1. Stimmed for IUI/TI with letrozole and gonal F - overproduced 8 follicles so switched to a egg retrieval + invocell cycle (with Dr. Wheelan) -- Retrieved 8 eggs, 5 eggs went into the device, 3 fertilzed day 5 embroys, fresh transfer (failed) 2. Lupron protocol for FET, estrogen pills, PIO shots, day 5 blast failed 3. ReceptivaRX test positive for endometriosis 4. Stimmed for egg retrieval, GONAL F etc.. full stim cycle, only retrieved 4 eggs, 3 fertilized, 2 were normal, 1 made it to day 7 blast 5. PGS test on 1 frozen day 5 embryo and fresh day 7 embryo - both genetically abnormal 6. Looking into donor eggs at this point, will do Lupron Depot protocol for endo treatment before FET at some point 7. Since we are benched due to COVID at this point I am doing an unmonitored medicated cycle with 5 days of letrozole
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Leigh Redd, Stephane Hartell )
Leigh is wonderful, treats you like a friend, very receptive and accomodating. We just started working with Stephane (donor egg coordinator) but she has been great so far.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The strength is the people, we love the nurses, coordinators, PA and doctors. We have seen almost every doctor at this point for monitoring and they have all been kind and caring. The main weakness is the billing department, bills are sporadic and last minute. It is not clear when something needs to be paid. We are paying out of pocket and have no infertility coverage so this is really difficult. Need someone other than Diane to help.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
No problems, sometimes it was busy but they ran everyone though well
I have spent almost 40k so far and I am not pregnant yet
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Dr. strongly recommends ESET at this point but will discuss multiple if appropriate
Charlotte

Strengths [of Matrika Johnson]: strong communicator, kind bedside manner, very knowledgeable on alternative options, she is also realistic with her expectations. I could not imagine going through this experience with any other doctor, she has exceeded our expectations. ... We were diagnosed with male factor infertility to start. We started with an egg retrieval, I was on Cetrotide, Gonal, Lupron and Synthroid. We got 25 eggs, 15 fertilized but only one made it to an embryo. After that first cycle she concluded that I have poor egg quality and it was unexplained.
Front desk staff [REACH] are sometimes not as sensitive to patient needs. Response times in the patient portal are a hit or miss, sometimes its fast, other times it is slower. It is harder to get questions answered over the phone. ... Never had too many issues [with monitoring], they had you come in between 7am-8:30am - there was a wait sometimes but they typically will get through relatively quickly.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Strengths: strong communicator, kind bedside manner, very knowledgeable on alternative options, she is also realistic with her expectations. I could not imagine going through this experience with any other doctor, she has exceeded our expectations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She does her best to try to see you every time you come in for an appointment but there may be times where other nurses or doctors will see you based on availability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She took the time to explain everything in a way we could understand. I felt like she genuinely cared about our success and did everything in her power to make sure we had the best chances for success.
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility to start. We started with an egg retrieval, I was on Cetrotide, Gonal, Lupron and Synthroid. We got 25 eggs, 15 fertilized but only one made it to an embryo. After that first cycle she concluded that I have poor egg quality and it was unexplained. We did another egg retrieval and switched up the medications to see if we could get more and we ended up with no viable embryos. At that point we decided on transferring the one embryo we did have. We did get pregnant but ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Overall good, there were times that they were not as responsive and helpful but they have a large workload so overall it was okay.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Front desk staff are sometimes not as sensitive to patient needs. Response times in the patient portal are a hit or miss, sometimes its fast, other times it is slower. It is harder to get questions answered over the phone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Never had too many issues, they had you come in between 7am-8:30am - there was a wait sometimes but they typically will get through relatively quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
With insurance coverage we paid roughly $5000 out of pocket for two egg retrievals. After we exceeded our maximum deductible our transfer out of pocket cost was roughly $2000.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
She will only transfer one embryo, regardless of your age and likelihood of success.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
There was one time where I had to remind them to call in a prescription, not a huge deal for me.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lauren Johnson and her team always treat you like you are their only patient... She is very thorough with her appointments and you never feel rushed in/out when seeing her...She has been through infertility herself...Originally we went in for unexplained infertility and was also diagnosed with PCOS...She explained everything, even drew us pictures to make it make sense. She answers all our questions no matter how crazy and redundant...
They [REACH] are very prompt with getting you in as soon as possible, they have financial counselors that talk to you say one and give you options. Anyone that has contact with you always introduces themselves and gives you a detailed explanation of what they can do for you or will be doing...For each IUI cycle we paid around $1800 including oral prescriptions, shots, ultrasounds, bloodwork, the semen deposit and cleaning and the procedure itself.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Lauren Johnson is a compassionate, driven, highly educated lady with a lot of experience. She has been through infertility herself. She is very thorough with her appointments and you never feel rushed in/out when seeing her. I would not recommend anyone else!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment even if it’s just for a consultation with her! You will not be let down! We went in thinking there would be no way we could afford it or even do anything other than meet with her, I was overwhelmed before going and then we got there and she has a calm nature about her. She explained everything, even drew us pictures to make it make sense. She answers all our questions no matter how crazy and redundant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Lauren Johnson and her team always treat you like you are their only patient. She is caring, honest, plans out your treatments step by step and even tells you about the what if situations and what’s next if plan A doesn’t work. After our first miscarriage they treated us like family... with support, love and open arms.
Describe the protocols Lauren Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Originally we went in for unexplained infertility and was also diagnosed with PCOS. She ran a very detailed bloodwork panel analyzing hormones, blood count, egg quality and count, numerous things as well as doing STD screenings on both of us and sperm analysis on my husband. We also had the option to do a test to check for abnormalities that may cause issues with a fetus long term prior to starting. Dr. Johnson goes through a detailed history of your medical history as well as your lifestyle and healthy changes you may need to partake in. After we go through that initial stuff she told us we would try an IUI first since my husband and I didn’t seem to have anything wrong other than me not ovulating on my own, he has a child so we shouldn’t have a problem on his side. We started the cycle by using progesterone to start my period followed up with a ultrasound and bloodwork to check my levels and to make sure I’m ready to start with the medicine to help me ovulate. (I had previously tried Clomid with my OBGYN with no success.) We started with Femara one pill a day for 5 days starting on cycle day 3-7. I did not respond and produce any mature follicles (I did have 25 cyst in one ovary and around 30 in the other) so we piggybacked and tripled up on Femara for the next 5 days with no luck and with one more piggy back we went back to Clomid and we had one mature follicle. After you confirm a mature follicle and bloodwork looked good we had to have do am Ovedril shot to help push the follicle out of the ovary and then have intercourse that night between 6-8. The next day we both had to go to the office for bloodwork (me) to check to make sure levels looked good as far at uterus lining and ovulation has or is currently taking place, my husband had to do a sperm deposit to be cleaned up and ready for use if I cleared with my bloodwork. They called us back in a few hours to report back at 11:45 and we had the IUI procedure. They walked us through it as it was our first one and explained everything in detail. The. You go on the dreaded two week wait to find out if you’re pregnant. In that time you still take your prenatal meds, any vitamins they put you on based on bloodwork and progesterone vaginal suppositories to help prevent first trimester miscarriage. We did become pregnant with a little girl with Dr. Johnson’s help then we were released from REACH at 10 weeks, however after being with my OBGYN We lost our little girl at 17 weeks and have currently been in for more IUI with maturing follicles in the first try with medication but no successful pregnancies yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Becky )
Becky is Dr. Johnson’s right hand lady! She greets you with a warm welcome and he always treated me as if I was her daughter coming in. I get hugs, she calls me back promptly and always comforts me and understands the struggles that come along with this. She always offers to be there for me in any way she can to help. She says she’s just one call away! She makes this place amazing!
Describe your experience with REACH.
They are very prompt with getting you in as soon as possible, they have financial counselors that talk to you say one and give you options. Anyone that has contact with you always introduces themselves and gives you a detailed explanation of what they can do for you or will be doing. Weaknesses - none for clinic just the travel time for me being 45 mins away and getting to work can be hard for morning bloodwork and ultrasound checks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
Describe Lauren Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Not applicable to us
2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
I love the fact that she[Dr. Matrika Johnson] is willing to make time and speak with you. even though we were previous patients that left the facility and then returned she never made us feel bad about seeking help elsewhere and was more than willing to meet with us and pick up service with her. ... Original visit in 2016 with dr. Johnson was a hsg test and my husband had a semen analysis. We did a lot of blood work Frankie & him. I never really had any other treatment. In 2020 they did a semen analysis for my husband and we haven't had any other work done through this office
weakness [of REACH] is definitely the financial department as it took more than four or five estimates for them to get me the correct estimate and if you're not immediately prepared to pay for everything right then, then it seems the financial department has braces you to the side and I was actually told, "Call us when you've got the money ready." ... Strengths are having someone like nurse Harrell as a go between them and a support system for the patients. She does a great job early explaining things that he may be confused about and if she doesn't know the answer she will most certainly speak directly with your doctor and get back to you.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I love the fact that Dr. Matrika Johnson is compassion to the need a very sickening IVF or infertility treatment. I love the fact that she is willing to make time and speak with you. even though we were previous patients that left the facility and then returned she never made us feel bad about seeking help elsewhere and was more than willing to meet with us and pick up service with her.
Have your money ready and be ready to move immediately otherwise you'll be placed in the back and almost forgotten about
Dr. Johnson is very sweet and matter of fact and to the point. I know she has a large caseload because I am in a fertility as for her patience. But I think in order to remain professional at all times the course of action is a little more by the book to avoid a show of favoritism and it comes across and you feeling like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Harrell)
Stephanie was absolutely wonderful. I could ask her question after question and she was always open and receptive to answering me. Even after we left and months later I could email her back with questions and she would get back to me really quick. I was really glad to have her cooking with me as a go-between.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strengths are having someone like nurse Harrell as a go between them and a support system for the patients. She does a great job early explaining things that he may be confused about and if she doesn't know the answer she will most certainly speak directly with your doctor and get back to you. weakness is definitely the financial department as it took more than four or five estimates for them to get me the correct estimate and if you're not immediately prepared to pay for everything right then, then it seems the financial department has braces you to the side and I was actually told, "Call us when you've got the money ready."
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Finances has been one of the biggest issues I've had with dealing with this office. I've been given several different estimates for the same services because the financial department did not take the time to contact my insurance and get the correct information. I work for the same company that provides my insurance so I need my benefits going in and they did not believe that I have coverage when I did so I had to call the insurance company and have the insurance company reach out to them to get the correct information then I was told I didn't have good coverage and I do and so I had to stay on the financial department about getting in touch with my insurance and getting the correct amount and type of coverage I have. Right now I don't know what my final estimate would be for getting service through REACH because the most current estimate I've received is still inaccurate
I actually was not given a choice. I would prefer multiple egg transfer but my doctor's philosophy is you're trying to get a child so we're going to transfer a egg. Doing more than one transfer would be a waste.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We had to call multiple times to get the results of my husbands semen analysis test and they forgot to call in his prescription. My husband had to reschedule his first appointment and there was a mix-up and getting that done and the agent that helped him my schedule his appointment is very very rude to me and trying to assist my husband and getting things reschedule. She made it seem like I had no business calling on behalf of my husband.we are trying to get things financed to me for with donor egg transfer but because we don't have the exact amount of money required, how about that amount continues to change, we could almost no contact or feedback from the clinic unless I initiate.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I felt like a human [with Dr. Wing]. He gave me two different in depth consults before and after treatments. He answered all of our questions...While I didn’t see Dr Wing often during treatments I loved his team. He was very thorough in the consults and data results meetings. It would have been nice to have him do the treatments instead of a doctor I didn’t know at all. I understand that’s how it’s done but that wasn’t explained upfront.
Each iui was about $500 plus medications [at REACH]...Strengths; you get seen pretty quickly. They have a great system about quickly getting bloodwork done in a timely manner. The online portal is great too. Weaknesses; communication! You try to call and call and it’s so hard to reach someone with answers...While I didn’t see Dr Wing often during treatments I loved his team. He was very thorough in the consults and data results meetings. It would have been nice to have him do the treatments instead of a doctor I didn’t know at all. I understand that’s how it’s done but that wasn’t explained upfront.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Wing at REACH?
I would explain to them that he is going to try to explain everything going on but you probably won’t see him for your actual treatments. I would also tell them that he has a great nursing staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Wing at REACH?
I felt like a human. He gave me two different in depth consults before and after treatments. He answered all of our questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Each iui was about $500 plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I can’t say for sure but I waited at the pharmacy for over an hour because Reach told me the sent my RX. The pharmacy never got it and she showed me her screen. I finally got a great nurse on the phone and she said she would send it over right then. It was only then that we got it at the pharmacy.
2020, Consult
Dr Katz was very kind, we did an online consultation because of the coronavirus issue... He did explain eveyrthing that we wanted to know...was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at...He seems to have a lot of knowledge abot fertility and he is a very kind doctor.
The costs [at REACH} seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...So far we just had one consultation, but Dr Katz was very prompt in answering our questions e explained the options that we have. Right now we have to do all the primerly tests and see where we at with our health. We are planning to do embryo freezing due to my age.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
We just had one consultation with Dr Katz online last month. What I can say is that we was very nice, did explain everything that we wanted to know and all the options that we have. Now we have to do all the exams to see how is our health at.
We didnt have any cycles yet due to corona virus.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The costs seems to be the avarege. around 20.000 dolars with medication for embryo freezing, genetic test, labs...
The doctor mention that its up to us to decide what we would like to do, but first he need to check our health first.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
So far we have no complaints.

How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is very knowledgeable. He is honest from the beginning and tells you like it is. He is not there for the run around. He recommended IVF from the beginning but agreed to try IUI and see if we got lucky because it is what we chose to do first as IVF is expensive. He does what he can to help financially with his admin team. Dr. Katz is very straight to the point and I really like that about him. He is a very friendly man and knows exactly what he is doing. He gave me and always gives me hope each time. He is very patient and is always there for you.
Listen to everything he says for he is extremely knowledgeable and he has seen it all.
Dr. Katz’s team is absolutely wonderful. They are very caring and they are always at your service. They will all try to help as much as possible including phone call follow ups, hugs, and calls to show they care. The team is exceptional and they always want what is best for you. They answer all your questions and treat you like you are important.
I started with comid for 5 days and a trigger shot to do an IUI. I did this for 2 rounds. I have mild PCOS and my husband has a low sperm count. He recommended IVF and not to waste more money on another IUI as we have no coverage for it and had to pay out of pocket.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nursing staff is what makes his team absolutely amazing. They are who you see more than anyone and luckily I got the best. Every single nurse on Dr. Katz’s team is phenomenal. They are caring, detailed, and helpful with this hard process we go through. They will do anything it takes to make you feel comfortable and part of a family.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The only thing I would change is the office staff. The first time we walked into REACH we were there for our very first consultation. As nervous as we were we were hoping to see smiles and welcoming staff when we first walked in. That isn’t what we got. The front desk wasn’t very friendly nor approachable. If you ask me that is the first thing that makes a clinic great is the customer service. The front desk was very snippy and wasn’t helpful with questions or information. Another financial member was also very unfriendly and rude. We chose to deal with another financial advisor from the clinic and thankfully she is amazing which is who we deal with now.
IUI $800 and IVF $12,300
Charlotte

[Dr. Adelina Emmi is] Very knowledgable and experienced. She's very efficient in her visits. I was never kept waiting long even with unexpected visits. I always liked her in person. On the other hand, I always felt like I had to really dig for any information. I was treated as if I already knew everything. I did a lot of research at home after leaving appointments.... With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
I experienced a lot of challenges communicating with my care team [at REACH- Cornelius]. My Dr. and team treated me as if I knew everything about fertility and I had to ask a lot of questions. (I'm a newbie). I felt like I never knew what to expect. For example, I had an IUI one day that I wasn't aware I'd be having. And then one time I missed the opportunity to complete a treatment because the nurse did not provide a prescription (after I drove an hour and a half to a specialty pharmacy to get it). It was a mess.
How was your experience with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adelina Emmi at REACH?
If you're familiar with fertility concepts or have someone in your life who is, you'd probably have a great experience. If not, do some research ahead of time and bring questions with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
She was always very sensitive to any questions or concerns that I might have.
Describe the protocols Adelina Emmi used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and had already tried 3 cycles of Clomid with my OBGYN without positive results. With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Rose)
The office coordinator and lab nurse were great and always very helpful. My care nurse who coordinated things for the Dr. was challenging to work with. She forgot to give me a prescription at two different points in my treatment. One of which resulted in me not being able to finish a cycle.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I personally had to dig for any information I needed, but I don't know if that was my care team or the clinic overall. It took a long time for my patient portal account to get set up and that seemed to hinder communication. At times it was challenging to get someone on the phone. Ask for a direct line to your specific care team and learn who does what/who to contact for what in the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adelina Emmi at REACH.
Out of pocket I paid a few hundred dollars once we got to the point of using injectable medicines(for medicine and the consolation fee). I also paid a $200 consultation fee per cycle for Ovulation Induction or IUI treatments. Most nurses remarked that I had good insurance - meaning they covered almost if not all of most tests, procedures and prescriptions. However, I only had a $5000 lifetime max for fertility procedures which only covered up to 2 Ovulation Induction or IUI cycles - which is why the nurse making a mistake was so disappointing in my last cycle.
Describe Adelina Emmi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I experienced a lot of challenges communicating with my care team. My Dr. and team treated me as if I knew everything about fertility and I had to ask a lot of questions. (I'm a newbie). I felt like I never knew what to expect. For example, I had an IUI one day that I wasn't aware I'd be having. And then one time I missed the opportunity to complete a treatment because the nurse did not provide a prescription (after I drove an hour and a half to a specialty pharmacy to get it). It was a mess.
Adelina Emmi
Cornelius

Dr. Katz has made me very comfortable. He explains the reality of my infertility. He also expressed the hope he has for us which makes me feel like it is possible. I would of course love to meet with him every visit but I do not think that is realistic as the amount of patients in the office would not allow for such one on one. ... Dr. Katz has been available to speak after hours and it was easy and he spoke to me like a person and not like a stranger.
There strengths [REACH] is the availability. I am able to be seen 7 days a week. They do not delay your cycle. Weakness would be billing. It seems a bit unorganized on the office level. Billing office in florida has been able to help me retrieve accurate receipts in order to provide the. To my flex spending account. ... Selena knew exactly how to handle me. She knew I was a bit scattered from stress and she always seemed to find a way to explain everything to me before I needed to ask.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz has made me very comfortable. He explains the reality of my infertility. He also expressed the hope he has for us which makes me feel like it is possible. I would of course love to meet with him every visit but I do not think that is realistic as the amount of patients in the office would not allow for such one on one. Dr. Katz has also been very receptive to the information I have shared regarding my naturopath. He is not dismissing my hormone results she has provided to his office. I am confident that he will help us reach our end goal which is having a child
Trust the process
My first round of femara was a timed intercourse cycle which I was prescribed 5mg from days 3-7. My body did not respond well to that dosage so cycle two we moved it to days 3-9 which produced larger follicles sooner than Cycle day 18. We triggered 250mg of ovidrel. Last cycle was Femara CD3-9 and 2 ovidrel shots on CD 14.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena)
Describe your experience with REACH.
There strengths is the availability. I am able to be seen 7 days a week. They do not delay your cycle. Weakness would be billing. It seems a bit unorganized on the office level. Billing office in florida has been able to help me retrieve accurate receipts in order to provide the. To my flex spending account.
Timed intercourse cycle was around $600 IUI was $1200

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Wing is a great doctor. I felt like he answered all our questions particularly in the first consultation and did not rush.... The first two IUIs I did chlomid and trigger shot. I had a chemical pregnacy first IUI and miscarriage the 2nd. The next 6 IUIs we tried different medications and added in injectible meds. I am about to do IUI #9 before moving on to IVF and we are going back to just chlomid and trigger shot.
I think the wait time at REACH in the year plus that I have been going has increased significantly. Not sure why may because of the sheer volume of patients. I think the front desk could be a little more interactive with patients. The billing department has made a few mistakes in the my account but has fixed them in a timely manner. They are not always fast to respond though.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr Wing is a great doctor. I felt like he answered all our questions particularly in the first consultation and did not rush. When I did get pregnant he did both my ultrasounds and again answered all my questions. I really do not have a lot of negative things to say about him.
Ask questions about both IUI and IVF and request different medications if IUI does not work the first time especially if you have unexplained infertility
He was sympathetic to our situation especially after my miscarriage at 11 weeks. He was very thorough in explaining our options and what treatment would be like
Describe the protocols Richard Wing used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
Denise was absolutely amazing and has made this whole experience tolerable. She is so sympathetic and really just treats me as if I am her only patient. I cannot say enough good things about her. I also saw and spoke with Diane a lot who is also fantastic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
the first few IUIs were covered by insurance but once we maxed out our benefits they were $1062 each

2019, Consult
[Dr. Whelan's] strength is looking at the previous test that I had done and wanting to confirm everything on his own. He said good things about my previous doctors but explained that some additional testing should be done to find a cause instead of going straight into a resolution. No weaknesses have been shown yet. I honestly feel like I will be able to trust him and his expertise
[REACH] Served breakfast in the lobby. Fruits, muffins, etc. I found that to be very nice since I’m a traveling patient and didn’t have time for breakfast. It’s a lot of moving around which isn’t bad but I think departments should be aligned in the order that the patient would see them...[the nurse] Made sure to explain everything in detail. Stated things verbally but also gave me a copy in writing.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
His strength is looking at the previous test that I had done and wanting to confirm everything on his own. He said good things about my previous doctors but explained that some additional testing should be done to find a cause instead of going straight into a resolution. No weaknesses have been shown yet. I honestly feel like I will be able to trust him and his expertise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Whelan at REACH?
With him everything is based around your period. This is when he will do most of his recommended testing. So I would try to book an appointment around cycle day 3 so that you can get started immediately.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He let us come into his office. Spoke to us by name without having to refer back to his paperwork to confirm our names like some doctors do. Focused on our plans and let us make decisions based on his recommendations.
Describe the protocols Joseph Whelan used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Birth control will be used, he explained that it angers a lot of women because they feel that it’s a step in the wrong direction. However it’s so he can control your body and how it responds when you officially start treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Actual cost would be determined after the prior authorization sent to my insurance. Out of pocket people would probably spend about 15,000 with medication included.
Describe Joseph Whelan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
This will be discussed at our next appointment. I would love to transfer multiple but I do know some doctors aren’t comfortable with that. Which would be ok just wishful thinking.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Wing is thorough and friendly. He made me feel like I was his only patient. He studied my history and made me feel like he truly cared. He developed a plan for me and went over everything with me. When my body didn’t react to certain things, he adjusted methods and informed me along the way.... My prolactin levels were very high so he started me on Cabergoline to lower them. It worked for that purpose and I still take it currently. He also put me on Femara to grow my follicles but my body didn’t react at all to it.
They [REACH] have 2 locations so it’s convenient. You can go back and forth between locations with no problem. They’re also open 7 days a week! Their finance team helps you understand what your insurance covers so you can plan for expenses. One weakness is that you talk to different nurses each time you call and you see whichever doctor is doing monitoring appointments that day when you’re doing a cycle.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Trust him but never be afraid to ask questions because it’s YOUR journey!
Dr. Wing takes his time when explaining things. His bedside manner is very good. He is caring and truly makes you feel like he is invested in you.
My prolactin levels were very high so he started me on Cabergoline to lower them. It worked for that purpose and I still take it currently. He also put me on Femara to grow my follicles but my body didn’t react at all to it. My first IUI cycle failed because the medicine didn’t work. Next cycle, he put me on gonal-f injections to grow my follicles and low dose hcg. He started me at 75iu of gonal-f each cycle. Sometimes he had to increase to 100 and the last cycle he increased to 125. I did a total of 2 injection cycles for IUI and neither was successful. The last cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
Denise was amazing! She is so kind and reassuring when you talk to her. You can tell she cares about her patients and their success. Some of the other nurses are very short and she is not. Some of the other nurses seem to not be very knowledgeable or give conflicting instructions. One nurse got the dosage of my 2 injections mixed up when she called to tell me I needed to increase them. Thankfully, I caught it and questioned it.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They have 2 locations so it’s convenient. You can go back and forth between locations with no problem. They’re also open 7 days a week! Their finance team helps you understand what your insurance covers so you can plan for expenses. One weakness is that you talk to different nurses each time you call and you see whichever doctor is doing monitoring appointments that day when you’re doing a cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
IUI cycle was $1000 without insurance. That includes monitoring ultrasounds, bloodwork and the insemination. Medication is not included.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My follicles weren’t maturing so they increased my dosage. When the nurse called, she told me the units to take of each injection but got them reversed. Luckily, I knew that one of them was always higher than the other and I questioned it.
Charlotte

Dr. Katz treated me very well...very warm and understanding. He was very compassionate to the issues we had been having and our fears. We brought a long list of questions to our consult and he answered everyone without ever making us feel rushed. He also was very LGTBQ friendly...We went to Dr. Katz for our second IVF cycle after being diagnosed with poor egg quality and not liking our previous doctor.
The are terrible and communication and their financial department [at REACH] has no idea what they are doing. You have to look in to your own insurance coverage and investigate yourself or you will lose money. You must be a constant advocate for yourself...The team forgot that I was even supposed to start Ivf. So I ended up rushing to get meds last minute. They all were going on vacation during this time so while I struggled to get meds last minute and get meds approved I talked to a different nurse everyday and they never knew what was going on. That is one example. I would say they are starting to improve their communication. Now they always answer the phone but I have to be a real advocate for myself and really know h the plan to make sure mistakes don’t happen.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
I found Dr.Katz to be very warm and understanding. He was very compassionate to the issues we had been having and our fears. We brought a long list of questions to our consult and he answered everyone without ever making us feel rushed. He also was very LGTBQ friendly.
Make the most of your time with him and don’t be afraid to ask to speak with him when you are having issues. He will fix whatever problem for you.
Dr. Katz treated me very well but sometimes the communication thru his practice was lacking which made me feel like a number
We went to Dr. Katz for our second IVF cycle after being diagnosed with poor egg quality and not liking our previous doctor. He was wonderful and decided to do a very aggressive med protocol to try and get us as many eggs and possible. We didn’t do birth control like our previous cycle instead we did Lupron. We did gonal f, Omnitrope, low dose HCG, cetrotide and HCG trigger. We ended up with 15 eggs, 11mature, 9 fertilized, they all grew slow after that so we ended up with one day six and one day seven. We sent for pgs because we had no pgs normal our first retrieval. This time the day seven ended up being pgs normal. We transfer it in October! Dr. Katz felt the Omnitrope would be the big help with pgs results being improved so I am hoping that is what made the difference.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The are terrible and communication and their financial department has no idea what they are doing. You have to look in to your own insurance coverage and investigate yourself or you will lose money. You must be a constant advocate for yourself
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Long wait times depending on when you arrive in the monitoring window of 7am to 830 am. Efficient once you are seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The cost ranged quite a bit because I had medical coverage.
Dr. Katz was clear he would only transfer one embryo at a time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
The financial nurse told me to pay out of pocket for my meds to avoid using up my 10,000 max lifetime insurance coverage. Turns out she was wrong and it didn’t go towards it at all. We lost thousands. The nursing team forgot about me multiple times so I had delay in starting cycles or torture to get the right meds.
Charlotte

Dr. Wing used the standard protocol for all our care. He never changed the protocol for IUI even though we were unsuccessful. He also used standard protocol for Ivf. Birth control then gonal f, low dose HCG, cetrotide, HCG and Lupron trigger...He was very matter of fact and robotic. I felt no connection to him. I get he just did the same y’all he always did and he never knew specifics about us. He would have to look back after I would tell him something. He forgot I even had a chemical pregnancy.
Long waits [at REACH] depended on what time you arrived in the monitoring period...Poor communication and terrible financial department. They will send random bills that make no sense. I just stopped paying them till I got a second bill which would be a totally different amount. They have improved their communication on the phone but the Ivf team has really been the improvement. You have to stay on top of everything to make sure it is done right.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
He just didn’t really seem engaged and never prepared for our meetings. I felt unsupported like a burden to him. He just said everything will go as planned and never told us the potential complications. Which happened and then we felt blindsided.
Don’t expect warm and cuddly. You won’t see him again for any procedures or care because he is semi retired.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Denise )
She seemed to never know who we were or what was going on. She said some insensitive things during our treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Long waits depended on what time you arrived in the monitoring period.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Unsure because I used insurance for some.
Describe Richard Wing's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
He said he only transfers one but I have heard he has transferred two before.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
It was very hard to get call backs during the IUI cycles and my nurse put in my appointments wrong almost every time. Sometimes I would show up for multiple appointments and they would say we have no idea why you are here.
Charlotte

I am still in the initial stages [with Dr. Matrika Johnson] but I had to complete an HSG and blood work. She also provided me with a list of supplements to begin taking to help with fertility. Vitamin D, Prenatal, NeoQ10, DHEA 25. I am also going to have a hysteroscopy to detect if there is a polyp or fibroid in my uterus...is very knowledgeable about fertility and quickly assessed me as a patient and my personality. She is direct but passionate and solution-oriented. I felt well cared for even on my first visit...She broke things down to make them easy to understand and even put together a sports analogy regarding the fertility process so my sports-fanatic husband could understand. She is genuinely the best and made me feel at ease every step of the way.
The clinic [REACH] is busy but very organized and had great communication flow. The facility is very patient focused. For example, there is signage on the wall advising that if you were waiting more than 15 mins, to let the front desk know. I loved this because as busy as they are, service and care were very personalized...[staff was] extremely compassionate when it came to me and my husband's concerns. There were many women coming in and out of the facility but we felt like we always received one-on-one attention and care. Everything was on-time but never felt rushed...The nursing staff at Reach are amazing. They are punctual, light-hearted and always had an ear to listen and respond appropriately.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson is very knowledgeable about fertility and quickly assessed me as a patient and my personality. She is direct but passionate and solution-oriented. I felt well cared for even on my first visit. It was completely different in a positive way from an experience I had with a previous doctor in SC. She broke things down to make them easy to understand and even put together a sports analogy regarding the fertility process so my sports-fanatic husband could understand. She is genuinely the best and made me feel at ease every step of the way.
Ask questions if you don't understand something. Dr. Johnson checked in periodically during her discussions to make sure we had a full understanding so don't be shy. All questions are good and will help Dr. Johnson assess you as a patient to provide customized care.
Dr. Johnson and her team were extremely compassionate when it came to me and my husband's concerns. There were many women coming in and out of the facility but we felt like we always received one-on-one attention and care. Everything was on-time but never felt rushed.
I am still in the initial stages but I had to complete an HSG and blood work. She also provided me with a list of supplements to begin taking to help with fertility. Vitamin D, Prenatal, NeoQ10, DHEA 25. I am also going to have a hysteroscopy to detect if there is a polyp or fibroid in my uterus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons)
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is busy but very organized and had great communication flow. The facility is very patient focused. For example, there is signage on the wall advising that if you were waiting more than 15 mins, to let the front desk know. I loved this because as busy as they are, service and care were very personalized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
So far, I've had to may for the HSG (less than $500) and deductibles for blood-work/labs. Upcoming surgery will be less than $1500. Then we need to pay for treatments.

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
L. Johnson is very is very knowledgeable. She reviewed all of my lab results and why she chose initial plan of treatment. She also brought me back in to talk about next steps after cycle failed...stimulation involved gonal F 450, land low dose HCG, then added cetrotide , then lupron trigger. Had to stimulate an extra day due to follicles on one side not growing as big. Then progesterone in oil prior to transfer. 4 eggs retrieved, 3 mature, 2 fertilized via ISCI. 1 embryo arrested on day one. 2nd embryo slow to develop and arrested on day 6. Transfer cancelled.
I could always get in touch with a nurse [at REACH] or at least a call back. I could always get an appointment pretty quickly even after failed cycle...I would really like to compare their lab to other facilities. I've seen a lot of reviews where people say they had for example, 13 eggs retrieved but cycle cancelled because none survived, however went to different clinic and almost all survived...1 ivf cycle was $12,295 plus about $5,500 for medications...
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
L. Johnson is very is very knowledgeable. She reviewed all of my lab results and why she chose initial plan of treatment. She also brought me back in to talk about next steps after cycle failed. I don't know why L. Johnson has a lower score. As a doctor she was great.
Ask questions if you don't understand
The staff were very kind and took their time to explain the process to me. I could always get in touch with a nurse or at least a call back. I could always get an appointment pretty quickly even after failed cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing team was very helpful and always responded in timely manner. I had no issues with nursing team.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Financial team was bit of a hassle. It was hard getting someone on the phone. I was quoted a discount price for military veteran, however when looking over previous quoted price from year or two prior, it was the same price I was quoted before without the military discount. I would really like to compare their lab to other facilities. I've seen a lot of reviews where people say they had for example, 13 eggs retrieved but cycle cancelled because none survived, however went to different clinic and almost all survived.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
1 ivf cycle was $12,295 plus about $5,500 for medications. Had to order an additional gonal F pen because ran out with unforeseen additional stimulation day added
after failed cycle, I was told to try vitamin supplements and testosterone cream to help with egg quality due to being at advanced age I wish this was suggested prior to first cycle to see if it would have made a difference.
Charlotte

Dr. Johnson has been nothing but great since I’ve started my IVF journey. She always took the time to educate me on everything she did and why she was doing those things. I always felt she had my best interest at heart and never felt pressured to do anything that i didn’t want to do. She is always very professional and I’ve never felt it was about the money. From the time i walk into the facility to the time I leave it’s nothing but love.
The clinic [REACH] is always clean and the staff is always nice. Normally when contacting them through phone you will have to leave a voicemail but they will get back with you in a timely manner. Once you become a patient the patient portal is the best source of communication... Dr. Johnson’s nurse Jessica has been great. If I had any additional questions she was always available through the portal and alway got back to me in a timely manner
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She is very straight forward but don’t look at that as a negative thing. Sugar coating things aren’t always the best
From the first day of my consultation to now Dr. Johnson has been nothing but great. She has took the time to explain everything step by step and why everything she recommended was necessary. Although this process wasn’t easy being so young and of course not expecting to spend so much money just to conceive but I never felt like it was about the money to her.I love that she is compassionate but also straight to the point. Most doctors just tell you what you want to hear but Dr. Johnson has always been honest in making sure that my husband and I made the best decisions moving forward with IVF .
I haven’t started my fertility medications yet but it is coming up soon. I’ve only had testing done and a surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons )
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is always clean and the staff is always nice. Normally when contacting them through phone you will have to leave a voicemail but they will get back with you in a timely manner. Once you become a patient the patient portal is the best source of communication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
During most of my testing bloodwork,surgery, and specific test out of pocket so far I have spent $2500 through reach. Most of the testing and bloodwork goes through my insurance due it not being listed as fertility. My fertility medications which i haven’t started yet cost 4000. Depending on your income you can apply for compassionate care which can give you a percentage off fertility medications.
Charlotte
he [Dr. Joseph Whelan] explains things very throuroghy and answers all my questions. There have been several appointments where he stayed past our appointment time so we got all our questions answered...He is very thorough and knowledgeable...He is very matter of fact and blunt, but does want the best for you. He isn't present at every monitoring visit and occasionally it may be hard to get a response...My body has responded and follicles have grown after the Clomid. My first round I did take a progesterone test and confirmed that I did ovulate which means the trigger shot did it's job.
[The nurse at REACH is] always friendly and responsive...One time I came in for a visit and they had it down as an embyo transfer visit. We are just doing medicated cycles. They fixed it right away and I was still seen..., my HSG was about $2,000 because I had to do it at a hospital...Billing can be a pain...But the hours are convenient. Monitoring can have a long wait, but I like that it's drop-in in the morning before I go to work. I also like that you can do everything in the building. Lab staff is also friendly. It is easy to schedule and I like using their online portal.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is very thorough and knowledgeable. He will take the time to explain things. He will explain your options and give you time to decide what you want to do. He is very matter of fact and blunt, but does want the best for you. He isn't present at every monitoring visit and occasionally it may be hard to get a response.
Don't expect the warm and fuzziest, but expect honesty and answers.
Leading up to the visit, it can feel like you're a number, but once I get to talk to my doctor, he explains things very throuroghy and answers all my questions. There have been several appointments where he stayed past our appointment time so we got all our questions answered.
I have done monitored medicated cycles with Clomid 50 mg and an Ovidrel trigger shot. We chose this due to our budget. Currently in my second cycle. My body has responded and follicles have grown after the Clomid. My first round I did take a progesterone test and confirmed that I did ovulate which means the trigger shot did it's job. However, we did not result in a pregnancy. So far this round, I had two mature follicles before triggering and now we're waiting for results. The doctor told us it may take 3-5 rounds to get pregnant using this method.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
She's always friendly and responsive.
Describe your experience with REACH.
It feels sterile when you first go and be prepared to talk about financing first. Billing can be a pain. And there have been some mix-ups at check-in for me like having me down for the wrong type of visit. But the hours are convenient. Monitoring can have a long wait, but I like that it's drop-in in the morning before I go to work. I also like that you can do everything in the building. Lab staff is also friendly. It is easy to schedule and I like using their online portal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
It's been about $220 plus $220 for meds each monitored medicated round. That includes ultrasound and copays. Before treatment, my HSG was about $2,000 because I had to do it at a hospital.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
One time I came in for a visit and they had it down as an embyo transfer visit. We are just doing medicated cycles. They fixed it right away and I was still seen. I was also awaiting results. When I got a call back, they started to give me protocol info and then added to come in for an IUI. We weren't doing an IUI which I said right away. She apologized and acknowledged that was incorrect.
Charlotte

Dr Johnson has always taken the time to sit with us and go through each part of our diagnosis process. she takes the time to answer each question we have to the best of her ability and never rushes us though our appointments. she has always been very honest about outcomes and treatment options, even if it’s not what we want to hear ... Dr Johnson takes the time to really listen to mine and my partners wants and needs. she never makes me feel like I am one of a bunch of patients, she makes us feel like in the time we’re with her, she is 100% committed to us
We have seen 2 RNs while we have been at REACH and they both treated us with compassion and we felt like they were more so people we were getting to know and not just our doctors nurses ... Everything about the clinic has been great. the one thing I do have to say is that I have gotten double billed for services and with something that is as pricy and sensitive as fertility treatments, it’s just a minor flaw that can easily be handled by the finance department
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
If it is important to you to have a Dr that treats you like more then just another patient, Dr Johnson is your Dr
Charlotte

Dr. Matrika Johnson was extremely delicate and sensitive to all that I have been through. ... Dr. M Johnson was very knowledgeable and gave me great information. She did an exam and made sure that she understood all details before making a decision. ... I saw Dr. M Johnson for a second opinion after a cancelled IVF cycle with another clinic.
I had a hard time getting this clinic [REACH] to send my records to a different clinic. It took a very long time but in the end, it did get done. ... The financial coordinators at this clinic are hard to get in touch with and don't usually have quick answers. This clinic is very busy so plan to wait some. Use the patient portal to communicate the fastest.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I saw Dr. M Johnson for a second opinion after a cancelled IVF cycle with another clinic. Dr. M Johnson was very knowledgeable and gave me great information. She did an exam and made sure that she understood all details before making a decision.
There are 2 Dr. Johnson's at REACH. Be sure you are meeting with the correct one!
I saw Dr. M. Johnson for a workup and consult so we did not use any medication. She did an internal ultrasound in order to see better what was going on.
Jessica was great with communication and answering all of my questions. She was also great at answering portal messages very quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
The cost for the consultation was $95.
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I had a hard time getting this clinic to send my records to a different clinic. It took a very long time but in the end, it did get done.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Katz always made me feel like someone special. He would answer all of my questions honestly and would give me the answers that I needed to hear, not what I want to hear. He never let me leave feeling like I was just a number. I always left ready to come back for the next step. ... At the time of my transfer I was 21, and with that Dr. Katz wanted to only transfer 1 embryo. But I completely get it. They want to make sure you have 1 healthy embryo to make one healthy child.
They [REACH] definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. ... Selena and Kelly always made sure I had the answers that I needed when I would contact them on the portal. They never left me hanging. ... I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask him his opinion.
Every doctor visit, all of them knew us by our name and always treated us with great care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena and Kelly)
Describe your experience with REACH.
They definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.

2019, Consult
Dr. Whelan listened to my concerns and my opinions and informed me with information that I was unaware of. He told me everything that the other fertility Dr. Did not. He gained my trust...very attentive person who was very straight forward with me. He gave me the pros and cons. He gave me the chance to think everything over before I decided to make a decision. He never tried to push me to make a decision.
Front desk administrators staff [at REACH] needs to communicate with each other more. Pay more attention when making appointments. Clinical staffs are pretty good with getting patients back to see the Drs. in a timely fashion...Appointment time was scheduled wrong. Was given the wrong appointment time...[nurse was] Very nice and understanding. Explanation was very thorough and precise...
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He's a very attentive person who was very straight forward with me. He gave me the pros and cons. He gave me the chance to think everything over before I decided to make a decision. He never tried to push me to make a decision. That's what I loved about him.
He's very honest. Please be open minded.
Dr. Whelan listened to my concerns and my opinions and informed me with information that I was unaware of. He told me everything that the other fertility Dr. Did not. He gained my trust. He made me feel human unlike the other Dr. I've seen who made me feel like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Sue O Brien)
Very nice and understanding. Explanation was very thorough and precise.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Front desk administrators staff needs to communicate with each other more. Pay more attention when making appointments. Clinical staffs are pretty good with getting patients back to see the Drs. in a timely fashion. They are caring.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Appointment time was scheduled wrong. Was given the wrong appointment time.
Charlotte

He [Dr. Katz] was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.... He explained everything in terms that my husband and I could easily Understand and was very caring as to how long of a process this has been with two miscarriages along the way
Nursing staff [REACH - Charlotte] was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment... Very organized. Helpful staff and super clean. I would recommend them to anyone looking for fertility care. They offer insurance type programs as well as financing options. Staff was welcoming to my husband and I.... It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.
Have any prior information with you from other OBGYNs or previous fertility doctor and be prepared to love his caring ness.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing staff was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.
Charlotte
For the few times I did actually see Dr Katz he was very nice and didn't rush us when we were talking to him. He had a good bedside manner. Never made us feel bad. When our first round didn't cause successful ovulation he adjusted my meds...Don't expect to always see him for follicle scans...Katz was very personable and treated me like a patient and not a number
All the staff and nurses [at REACH] we met and talked to were very nice and patient and if we didn't understand something they'd always answer our questions....Advocate for yourself and make sure you understand your treatment cycle 100% if you not be sure to call and ask questions. Use the online portal, if something isn't working don't be afraid to ask to try something new
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Don't expect to always see him for follicle scans
I thought Katz was very personable and treated me like a patient and not a number
We did Letrozole and ti the first round, after that we upped the Letrozole to 7.5 and added the Ovidrel trigger shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena )
All the staff and nurses we met and talked to were very nice and patient and if we didn't understand something they'd always answer our questions
Describe your experience with REACH.
He isn't always gonna be the doctor you see. Advocate for yourself and make sure you understand your treatment cycle 100% if you not be sure to call and ask questions. Use the online portal, if something isn't working don't be afraid to ask to try something new.
I don't honestly remember
Didn't get that far
Charlotte

We felt as if we were human because he [Dr. Joseph Whelan] constantly knew our story, and has continued to walk beside us as we make all of our own decisions in the options that he has given us. He is very knowledgeable and will give you honest advise.... My husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome from Dr. DeBord (a urologist in Concord, NC). This is a genetic syndrome that causes infertility. Our only option is now IVF.
I think this clinic [REACH- Charlotte] is very focused on the goal to help patients grow their family. They genuinely care for you as a person/couple, and they want to support you throughout your journey. This season of life is hard and this clinic has made it easier to accept that we are struggling through infertility. A weakness would be the cost, and I know there isn't much they can do about that. It is truly the only downfall to having to have an IVF treatment at this clinic
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
From the moment we became patients at REACH we felt like family. We have always been well taken care of and all of our questions have been answered appropriately. We trust this clinic and would recommend it to anyone.
Know that you are there to figure out your journey to growing your family. Dr. Whelan is honest, but kind. He wants to do what is safe and best for you.
We felt as if we were human because he constantly knew our story, and has continued to walk beside us as we make all of our own decisions in the options that he has given us. He is very knowledgeable and will give you honest advise.
My husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome from Dr. DeBord (a urologist in Concord, NC). This is a genetic syndrome that causes infertility. Our only option is now IVF. We have not started any treatments because we are trying to figure out our funds to be able to do so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica and Melissa)
The nurse staff was always helpful with every question that we had and continue to have. They have been a blessing throughout our journey to help us learn the specifics of infertility.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I think this clinic is very focused on the goal to help patients grow their family. They genuinely care for you as a person/couple, and they want to support you throughout your journey. This season of life is hard and this clinic has made it easier to accept that we are struggling through infertility. A weakness would be the cost, and I know there isn't much they can do about that. It is truly the only downfall to having to have an IVF treatment at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Most of my costs have been fully covered because we have only completed the testing portion of our infertility. IVF is our next step and our insurance will not cover it. We are struggling to figure out where we will find the funds.
Our doctor prefers eSET due to the higher risks with multiple embryo transfer.