1524 East Morehead Street
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Wing] was very matter of fact but with a warmth that made me feel like he cared for me more than just a number and source of money. I truly felt like he developed a personalized protocol to yield the best results for me....He said if i wasn't ready for twins, he wouldn't transfer more than 1. ...We had male factor infertility so Dr. Wing used a conservative treatment for me based on all my tests and #'s. He made sure to not overstimulate me.
Overall everyone [REACH] was very professional. One weakness is the financial person - she was the opposite of everyone else there. She was cold and not compassionate. Be prepared for this step if you need financial help....Mary was compassionate, empathetic and warm. She was amazing at making me feel not overwhelmed during every step....
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
He was very matter of fact but with a warmth that made me feel like he cared for me more than just a number and source of money. I truly felt like he developed a personalized protocol to yield the best results for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Wing at REACH?
Be prepared for him to not beat around the bush but to expect real answers from him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Wing at REACH?
He was very warm
Describe the protocols Richard Wing used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We had male factor infertility so Dr. Wing used a conservative treatment for me based on all my tests and #'s. He made sure to not overstimulate me. 1st ER - 12 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 4 embryos created, 2 made it to day 5. Resulted in miscarriage 2nd ER - 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 4 embryos created, 1 made it to day 5. PGS testing abnormal. Embryo discarded 3rd ER - 8 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 2 embryos created, 1 made it to day 5 - resulted in live birth
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Mary Hartpence)
Describe your experience with REACH.
Overall everyone was very professional. One weakness is the financial person - she was the opposite of everyone else there. She was cold and not compassionate. Be prepared for this step if you need financial help.
Describe Richard Wing's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
He said if i wasn't ready for twins, he wouldn't transfer more than 1. It was never an issue b/c we never had more than 1 ready at Day 5
Charlotte
Dr. Whelan met with us and was very explanatory, but he was very quick to diagnose that we should move straight to IVF. Our conversation felt surgical...There weren’t many instances where we had strong interaction with Dr. Whelan. He was polite, but we felt overwhelmed with information and like we were just one couple on the conveyer belt. We asked questions, but often the information that we received was confusing. It was hard to get a good understanding of what we were facing, and we never quite felt heard.
[REACH] is a well-known clinic. They are expensive and sometimes it feels as if they are just trying to get your money. We felt like we had so much that we didn’t know and we didn’t ever get a firm grasp on the realities of ur diagnosis. They were organized and have a great online system...The nursing staff was similar to Dr. Whelan— it felt clinical or surgical with the manner that they treated us. Not neglectful, but I didn’t feel well-served.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Do your research so that you know what questions you want to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Describe the protocols Joseph Whelan used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We had diagnostics run and the main result was that we had unexplained fertility. We were recommended to move to IVF.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This is a well-known clinic. They are expensive and sometimes it feels as if they are just trying to get your money. We felt like we had so much that we didn’t know and we didn’t ever get a firm grasp on the realities of ur diagnosis. They were organized and have a great online system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
We had a copay each time we went and we paid for portions of several diagnostic tests.
Describe Joseph Whelan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We didn’t get our information from REACH when we transferred. I had some copies of information and I took pictures of the online system, which was the only way we had some of the info transferred.
Charlotte
She [Dr. Lauren Johnson] has a great way of explaining things and balances her clinical knowledge with understanding of the emotional aspects of fertility treatments...I would like to see my doctor more. I've been to the clinic probably 20 times and seen her twice...Clomid 50mg for the first 2 IUIs. The first one I responded well with 2 follicles but only produced one good follicle with the second one. For the third IUI she upped my Clomid to 100mg days 3-7.
I would like to see my doctor [at REACH Charlotte] more. I've been to the clinic probably 20 times and seen her twice...$750 per session of iui...Utilize the patient portal...Clomid 50mg for the first 2 IUIs. The first one I responded well with 2 follicles but only produced one good follicle with the second one. For the third IUI she upped my Clomid to 100mg days 3-7.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She is excellent at communicating and making sure you understand exactly what you can expect. We felt very comfortable with the knowledge we walked away with. She wanted to make sure we start with the best choice for us given our unexplained diagnosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Utilize the patient portal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
She has a great way of explaining things and balances her clinical knowledge with understanding of the emotional aspects of fertility treatments.
Describe the protocols Lauren Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
Great staff
Describe your experience with REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
$750 per session of iui
Describe Lauren Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Na

2012 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Katz is very personable. He is understanding of the emotional, physical and financial toll fertility treatment can take on a person and couple. He is very knowledgeable about different medical conditions and honest about potential outcomes. He is no nonsense, which I appreciate.
Stephanie (IVF coordinator) and Melissa (IUI, etc.) are extremely caring, professional and wonderful nurses. They understand both the medical and emotional aspects of fertility treatment and are an amazing asset to REACH...[For monitoring appointments] you wait in line, get paperwork, go for either blood work first or ultrasound first. It's a quick appointment and if you need to get into your workplace, this is great. This is not the time to ask questions of your nursing team.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
If you have a question, ask. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed that you need something clarified or explained differently.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
In the beginning, I felt like I was just a number going through the steps. However, the longer I was in treatment and got to know both Dr. Katz and the amazing nursing team, I began to feel more like a human.
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
First, we tried three cycles of injections and timed intercourse. Next, we tried two cycles of injections and IUI. My gut said it was time to move on and Dr. Katz agreed. Then, we did an IVF cycle with retrieval and intent to freeze. Unfortunately, none of my embryos make it far enough for freezing. Finally, Dr. Katz presented my case to his fellow doctors and decided to alter my medications and do another cycle without egg donation. Even though other doctors in the practice felt my first IVF cycle was a clear indication that my eggs were of poor quality and unable to be successful in the future, he wasn't convinced. We proceeded with a new, aggressive protocol. The result was four embryos that made it to freezing. All four were thawed and transferred (also a risky decision) and today I have one amazing and healthy daughter. Today, we are trying for another child. We began with two IUIs. One resulted in a negative and one in a six-week miscarriage (likely due to poor egg quality). We are currently in the process of beginning another round of IVF.
Describe your experience with REACH.
It is modern and updated. Clean with state of the art equipment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
You wait in line, get paperwork, go for either blood work first or ultrasound first. It's a quick appointment and if you need to get into your workplace, this is great. This is not the time to ask questions of your nursing team.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Fertility treatment is VERY expensive. IUI was approximately $2000 including medication (purchased elsewhere). IVF was approximately $12000 for all procedures, tests, appointments and medication (purchased from a separate place).

2013 - 2016, Successful
I rarely got to see my own physician [Dr. Richard Wing] for monitoring at REACH. This resulted in me having questions that either went unanswered or that I had to directly email Dr. Wing about...After two failed cycles, I felt like Dr. Wing left more of the decisions up to us vs. what he recommended, which isn't necessarily what I want while navigating fertility treatment...Dr. Wing doesn't have the best bedside manner, but if you can look past that and try to connect with him about anything, it will likely be worth it.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr. Wing has a mountain of experience, which is invaluable when going through fertility treatment. He is a good surgeon - I had a successful hysteroscopy for a septate uterus as well as one egg retrieval with him. When I first started pursuing fertility treatment, the treatment plan was very clearly laid out. When cycles continued to be unsuccessful, Dr. Wing was actionable about moving to a different protocol or procedure altogether. After my first successful pregnancy, I resumed treatment with Dr. Wing when trying to conceive another child. However, FETs were not successful and I kept having allergic reactions to one of the medications used, but we could not figure out which one. After two failed cycles, I felt like Dr. Wing left more of the decisions up to us vs. what he recommended, which isn't necessarily what I want while navigating fertility treatment. There were two occasions where Dr. Wing was out of town for 2-3 consecutive weeks and I had something bad happen - an ectopic pregnancy requiring methotrexate and a chemical pregnancy after an FET. Both times, I felt like I was passed from doctor to doctor in the practice, at a time when I needed my doctor most. I provided that feedback to Dr. Wing, and he did try to make an effort to see me personally for monitoring (vs. sending me through the normal monitoring shop), which made me feel like he cared about me as a patient.
I rarely got to see my own physician for monitoring at REACH. This resulted in me having questions that either went unanswered or that I had to directly email Dr. Wing about. When I did call the nurses with a question, I often felt like my questions were not welcome. Additionally, REACH charges extra fees called "cycle management fees," which are not billable to insurance, even if the patient has insurance. Over the 4 years I was at REACH for treatment, the fees increased and were added to procedures that previously did not have cycle management fees. Despite the fact that I have paid every bill in a timely manner, I had an impromptu IUI which was scheduled by Dr. Wing canceled because the cycle management fee hadn't been paid (I only had two days notice and was waiting to see if insurance would pay for the IUI before I paid the extra fee). When I discussed this with the head financial person after the fact, she said they are not able to make an exception for me despite my history of prompt payment over the four years I have been a patient. This definitely made me feel like a number.
My first cycle was letrozole only, but was cancelled because I did not respond and ovulated prematurely. My second and third cycles were letrozole + follistim + ovidrel + IUI + crinone and were both unsuccessful. My next cycle was a birth control + gonadotropin + ganirelix IVF cycle that resulted in retrieving 25 eggs and freezing 8 embryos. All embryos were frozen to prevent OHSS. My first frozen transfer (birth control + Lupron + estrogen patches + progesterone shots + crinone + doxycycline + medrol) was successful and resulted in a singleton pregnancy and live birth. A year and half later, my next transfer following the same protocol resulted in a negative pregnancy test and severe allergic reaction for me. Two months later, my next transfer (which eliminated crinone and used Cipro instead of doxycycline) resulted in a chemical pregnancy and another allergic reaction. I wanted to take time off from FETs and had one natural cycle IUI, which was not successful and then one injectable intercourse cycle, which resulted in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Denise or Mary H.)
Denise (non-IVF nurse) was awesome. She did a good job relaying information to me and going back to Dr. Wing when I had questions. Mary H. (IVF nurse) was a little more challenging to deal with. I felt like I had to stay on top of her to send prescriptions to my pharmacy, I felt like my questions were not always received well, and often times, she would have another nurse call me back (I'm assuming because she is the nurse manager and was busy, but I would've preferred consistency).
Describe your experience with REACH.
REACH has several good doctors with a lot of experience. Most lab results are provided same day, as the lab is in house. However, I feel like they have too many patients and have set policies/procedures that make patients feel like a numbers vs. an individual. Monitoring is usually not performed by your own doctor and there are extra fees called "cycle management fees" which are not billable to insurance even if you have insurance. It is hard to get financial questions answered, and the financial counselors often would not call me back unless they needed to collect money from me. Billing was a nightmare at REACH, I received several incorrect bills, and there was even an incident of my insurance company being charged for a visit with another patient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
I did not enjoy monitoring. I felt like a number and rarely got to see my own doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Everything was billable to insurance according to my plan, except cycle management fees. These fees are $160 per cycle for ovulation induction and/or IUI, $600 for fresh IVF, $425 for a FET.
Dr. Wing considered my unique situation when recommending eSET. I have a repaired septate uterus, which is not shaped like most women's uteruses, so he felt transferring one embryo was best.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Most of my issues were a direct result of either being forced to see a different doctor while Dr. Wing was on vacation or being forced to see a different doctor for routine monitoring. These other doctors were not always aware of Dr. Wing's plan or they couldn't answer my questions, leading to issues.
Charlotte

Dr. Whelan was very through from our first meeting with him and spent as much time with us as required. We never felt rushed or that he wasn't willing to answer our questions. Our experience with Dr. Whelan was that at times we may have had to wait a bit to see him, but he would spend as much time with us as we needed. His approach is very factual and realistic, which my husband and I appreciated...many times at follow up appointments, we would have the same conversations or information provided. For some patients that may not be as clear on the process/issue/procedures, this may be helpful but it left me feeling at times as if I was just a "case" and not a person.
REACH is a very busy clinic. They primarily use an online portal for communication which can be accessed at any time and is efficient. Once you start a cycle, your appointments are very regimented. REACH does have an onsite surgery clinic and IVF lab so most of your procedures will be done there. The staff in the onsite surgery facility are awesome and so caring. My main challenge was with the billing department as the invoices do not contain details of what is being billed; however, this improved throughout our time at REACH.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
If you are a patient at REACH, do not expect to see your primary doctor once you start monitoring as they work as a team on rotation for monitoring. Your primary doctor will perform your embryo transfers and other procedures but may not perform your egg retrieval depending on your scheduled retrieval date. In addition, most of your communication once you start your cycle will go through your nursing team.
When ever we met with Dr. Whelan, both my husband and I were satisfied with our experience. Dr. Whelan was very through from our first meeting with him and spent as much time with us as required. We never felt rushed or that he wasn't willing to answer our questions. My feeling is because REACH is such a busy practice, many times at follow up appointments, we would have the same conversations or information provided. For some patients that may not be as clear on the process/issue/procedures, this may be helpful but it left me feeling at times as if I was just a "case" and not a person. Additionally, at times the nurse coordinators weren't completely informed of our discussions with Dr. Whelan which would at times lead to confusion about the plan of treatment.
IVF cycle # 1: oral BC suppression, gonal-f, low dose hcg, cetrotide and ovidrel trigger. Resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized with ICSI, At time of Day 5 transfer, only 1 early blastocyst and 1 morula remained; both were transferred. Positive pregnancy of 1 embryo resulting in miscarriage at approximately 9 weeks. IVF cycle #2: oral BC suppression, gonal-f, low dose hcg, omnitrope (for entire stim cycle), cetrotide and ovidrel trigger. Resulted in 14 eggs retrieved (all 14 mature) and fertilized via ICSI. At Day 5, 2 hatching blastocysts were transferred. 2 were watched for continued growth but arrested and were not frozen. Positive pregnancy of 1 embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The nursing staff at REACH was available via the portal or triage line and responsive. You will be assigned a primary team based on your physician, however, at times you may be contacted by other staff. Melissa and Veronica work primarily with Dr. Whelan and would always respond to my questions (even small ones) within the same day. Melissa is very organized and in fact, during our first cycle, Dr. Whelan advised we could start the process the same day we were in for a follow up appointment. She worked in my saline sonogram, consent review, lab work, injection training and ordered meds all while we were in the office that day so that we didn't have to come back or delay the cycle. We were extremely grateful she made it work for us!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Monitoring appointments will be done from 7-10am and you can go in at any time during that window. If you arrive at 7am there will be a line but REACH is very efficient at moving people through who are there for monitoring. I did not feel that this approach ruined my schedule as I typically could get in and out very quickly first thing in the morning.

2011 - 2016, Successful
The 3rd and 4th cycle [with Dr. Wing] were antagonist cycles, as well as the addition of omnitrope...is very professional and knowledgeable. He was not always sympathetic, but was always very honest. My husband and I always felt like we knew exactly what to expect, even though it was not always what we wanted to hear...he will always be honest with you, but he will not give up...We always did 2 embryos as until the last round, that is all that made it to transfer day.
Certain doctors at the practice [REACH] were better than others...I love Mary and Denise [nurses]. They were always there for me when I needed them. Mary had to often time deliver horrible news, and did so with love and sympathy. I can't imagine have to tell patients that all of their hard work was not successful.... I had to arrive at the clinic at least 45 minutes early to ensure I was either 1st or 2nd in line in order to make it to my job on time. This was one of the worst things about IVF.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr. Wing is very professional and knowledgeable. He was not always sympathetic, but was always very honest. My husband and I always felt like we knew exactly what to expect, even though it was not always what we wanted to hear.
That he will always be honest with you, but he will not give up.
It was dependent on who I was seeing. Certain doctors at the practice were better than others.
I cannot remember the first 2 cycles, which I know used Lupron. The 3rd and 4th cycle were antagonist cycles, as well as the addition of omnitrope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
I love Mary and Denise. They were always there for me when I needed them. Mary had to often time deliver horrible news, and did so with love and sympathy. I can't imagine have to tell patients that all of their hard work was not successful.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Billing and Finance department is TERRIBLE!!! They are horrible to work with. You can never get a straight answer, you wait forever to get a return phone call, and over all are not very friendly. This is a delicate time for all patients, both emotionally, physically, and financially. The billing/finance department are always very short and snippy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
I hated these appointments. I felt like a person on welfare waiting in line to receive their money. I had to arrive at the clinic at least 45 minutes early to ensure I was either 1st or 2nd in line in order to make it to my job on time. This was one of the worst things about IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
I don't have an exact number, but we are somewhere around $95,000 total.
He would always ask. We always did 2 embryos as until the last round, that is all that made it to transfer day.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt somewhat like a number . The reason is you literally have to give your patient number when you call or leave a message . I will go on good faith and say maybe this is a extra measure to assure they know who is calling.... Over all the staff [REACH] is made up of friendly people and If I remember right they have good success rates. I personally had issues with scheduling and a confusing diagnosis that were never explained. If you are considering going here
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Seth Katz was kind and hopefull about my fertility. The major issues I had was that I was scheduled for an IUI and was told to schedule a hsg. I tried to schedule it and it never happened. I showed up for the IUI and asked again if I should go thru with it since a hsg was never done. I was told I should since i was already there. My results were negative and I scheduled a HSG thru my doctor and found out both my tubes were blocked . So I spent $900 for a IUI that wouldn't have worked . Before that I was told on the day I had an ultrasound done that my egg follicles looked "beautiful" . Then when I went for a follow up on the same Ultrasound and to discuss what actions to take he said they look polycistic as in having pcos. I was diagnosed with PCOS. This was very confusing.
Ask lots of questions
I was told to use low amounts of clomid because of my age . Taking the clomid didn't help because, as I found out later both my fallopian tubes are blocked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nursing staff were nice enough . I'm not sure who was responsible for scheduling but an important test didn't get done before a procedure and I wasted some money . I was given and IUI by a nurse and when she put the catheter in and pushed the syringe she said "I think it's in there" (cervix?)
Describe your experience with REACH.
Over all the staff is made up of friendly people and If I remember right they have good success rates. I personally had issues with scheduling and a confusing diagnosis that were never explained. If you are considering going here . Make sure to do your own research and maybe get a second opinion. Dr . Katz contradicted himself on my diagnosis and said I did not have PCOS and the next visit said I did and no test were done in between so this was very confusing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
They are average for the area . $900 for IUI $100 for office visits (from what I remember)
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
I never made it to actually do ivf but I was told I could do one or two embryos per transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I was never scheduled for a HSG before doing an IUI. So it was upsetting to find out it was a wasted procedure that never would have worked. I later found out both of my fallopian tubes had been blocked
Charlotte

I felt she [Dr. Johnson] was invested in our treatment plan and very much wanted to aid us in growing our family. ... I felt that she was very informed about what would be the best treatment for me and my ovarian reserve and didn't follow the "script" of what I should do but came up with a customized treatment plan. ... She let us know that it would be best to skip just medication and move straight to IUI which felt good since we had been trying for a year and were very ready to start our family. ...
The nurse practitioner [REACH] who did the procedure called out the nurse assisting her in the middle of the procedure and caused the nurse to flee, crying. Also, there were so many women doing blood draw in the morning that there wasn't a lot of privacy which could feel vulnerable. ... Jessica [nurse] was very organized and acted as the voice between us and Dr. Jackson. She kept us organized and would let me know when i needed to come in for blood draw.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I felt she was invested in our treatment plan and very much wanted to aid us in growing our family. She was also excited when we conceived. She let us know that it would be best to skip just medication and move straight to IUI which felt good since we had been trying for a year and were very ready to start our family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She is competent and personal and will customize a plan to your individual needs. She is passionate about fertility and infertility and can rattle off a lot of knowledge but still have a good laugh with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I was given medication to help my fertility and then nearing my time of ovulation, I was to take injections directly into my stomach (which was scary at first). I then had to take Ovidril so that I would actually ovulate. My cycle and eggs were monitored via intravaginal ultrasounds and blood draw. She recommended going straight to IUI rather than take Clomid or another medicine due to my age and ovarian reserve. The results were a pregnancy with multiples in 2 cycles rather than 5-6 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Jessica was very organized and acted as the voice between us and Dr. Jackson. She kept us organized and would let me know when i needed to come in for blood draw. She also communicated with us when we saw that I was ovulating 4 eggs and not just 1 which meant our risk for multiples was very high.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The only problem I had was during the test to see if my fallopian tubes were open and functioning well. The nurse practitioner who did the procedure called out the nurse assisting her in the middle of the procedure and caused the nurse to flee, crying. Also, there were so many women doing blood draw in the morning that there wasn't a lot of privacy which could feel vulnerable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
I had to pay a cycle fee each time we did IUI so that they monitored my cycle. This was not covered by my insurance. The medications were a bit pricey even with insurance. The procedures themselves were covered by insurance. The cycle fee was $160, I believe.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
This did not apply to me.
Charlotte

She was kind but initially commented that my weight was the reason I couldn’t have a baby. I was 200lbs at the time and had already lost weight. It made me feel dismissed and judged. When I told her that and she did some more testing she became more understanding and kind in her treatment. ... Dr. Johnson initially was cold and distant but when I told her that was upsetting she changed her behavior and really listened to me.
I have asked for my records to be sent to multiple doctors since I left and they [REACH] never send them. ... It’s hard to get a person on the phone unless you know exactly who you are looking for. They are very efficient but kind of cold. They got me pregnant and listened when I told them I couldn’t afford more treatments. You really need to push to get them to explain things. I think because they do it so much they assume you know things that you don’t know.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Be clear about what you want and need.
We did a medication that started with an L, letrosol I believe. Did ultrasounds until I was ready ovulate and then did a trigger shot. After the first two failed IUI I told her we could not afford to have more than one more cycle so she added gonal f to the protocol and I got pregnant and had my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
My nurse was so compassionate when I had my chemical and always encouraged me to ask questions when I was confused. She was easy to contact and celebrated with us when we were released to my regular doctor.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The atmosphere is very much like a factory pumping out babies. It’s hard to get a person on the phone unless you know exactly who you are looking for. They are very efficient but kind of cold. They got me pregnant and listened when I told them I couldn’t afford more treatments. You really need to push to get them to explain things. I think because they do it so much they assume you know things that you don’t know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Each IUI was roughly $1000 for the treatment and ultrasounds but the medication ranged from $300 to $600 on top of that cost.
Not applicable
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I have asked for my records to be sent to multiple doctors since I left and they never send them. I also struggled to get in touch with people when I had questions during my cycle if my nurse wasn’t available.
Charlotte
Dr. Katz is a very good listener and compassionate about the situation you are in. I felt that when we had scheduled office appointments to meet face to face with him in his office he was very attentive and would answer all of our questions....Leading up to egg retrieval there is no guarantee what doctor you will see....It became harder to know the treatment plan we I was coming in for monitoring because I was not seeing him each time. He can be blunt but in a way that can be appreciated.
One of the clinics strengths is the nursing staff. They [REACH- Charlotte] are very personable and great. It is also very convenient to have the lab right there in the building. This practice seems to be too busy for the staff they have. I felt that their finance team was pretty terrible to work with.... I did have a couple of monitoring and blood draw appointments where the date communicated to me were incorrect...Dr. Katz's nurse team was great.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is a very good listener and compassionate about the situation you are in. I felt that when we had scheduled office appointments to meet face to face with him in his office he was very attentive and would answer all of our questions. It became harder to know the treatment plan we I was coming in for monitoring because I was not seeing him each time. He can be blunt but in a way that can be appreciated. I felt that a weakness was that he took a try and see approach that did not end up being the correct course for our issue.
I would recommend asking for all of the potential treatment options upfront and what the least and most aggressive approach would be so that you can educate yourself and help formulate your treatment plan
This is a very busy practice. Leading up to egg retrieval there is no guarantee what doctor you will see. I would show up on time but a lot of the appointments would start late and then I would be rushed in and out.
Antagonist Protocol Estrace 2mg by mouth Cetrotide 0.25 mg injection for 4 days Gonal F 350 then 400 Diluted HCG 40 Omnitrope 25 Doxy 1 am and 1pm Baby Asprin 81mg
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Harrell)
Dr. Katz's nurse team was great. They were available when needed and were there to ask questions and let you know if what you were experiencing was normal. I did have a couple of monitoring and blood draw appointments where the date communicated to me were incorrect but they were so nice that it did bother me.
Describe your experience with REACH.
One of the clinics strengths is the nursing staff. They are very personable and great. It is also very convenient to have the lab right there in the building. This practice seems to be too busy for the staff they have. I felt that their finance team was pretty terrible to work with. Our insurance does not cover anything, so we had to have more interaction with their finance and billing team. We had to pay for our treatment all upfront. They were very easy to reach and would follow up quickly prior to paying but became harder to reach once we paid. Our IVF treatment made it to egg retrieval but not to embryo transfer. After speaking with their team I believe that some of it was related to their onsite IVF lab.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We a had a couple of monitoring/blood draw appointments get communicated to us and then show up and they had told us the wrong day and time. The finance team is not very responsive. None of our Embryos made it to transfer.
Charlotte
I was more like a number because he [Dr. Richard Wing] had so many patients at one time that I was also being rushed when I had my appointments. And when tryinntk ask questions I felt like I wasn’t gettin straight forward answers... There was no treatment. All I did was keep giving blood, never giving meds to start my treatment, wasn’t even told when to start anything. I was just paying for stuff I wasn’t sure about. I was asking what I’m paying for but people wasn’t telling me much.
The clinic [REACH-Charlotte] was kinda confusing because the doctors offices were on one floor. Then the lab was on another floor. The clinic itself was confusing because of all the hallways and different counters to get paperwork from. So I truly didn’t kno who I was suppose to report.... The nurse team that was working with me was really nice and compassionate. They talked to me about my options and/or what route I wanted to take. They made me feel comfortable there. My nurse team just didn’t call back with results or notes on things. I had to call to follow up on everything
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
My experience was kinda of a lot due to the fact of a lot of patients were there at one time. Also my experience was rushed. Each appointment was rushed. Or I was just giving my chart and told to go somewhere to give blood. I was always giving blood and nothing else. I only saw Dr. Wing a total of twice. But I saw other people as well so the information was all confusing. The clinic was large. Two floors. A lot of workers.
Take all notes each appointment and get all the information you can about financial information if you need extra help. Get every bit of clarification.
I was more like a number because he had so many patients at one time that I was also being rushed when I had my appointments. And when tryinntk ask questions I felt like I wasn’t gettin straight forward answers
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic was kinda confusing because the doctors offices were on one floor. Then the lab was on another floor. The clinic itself was confusing because of all the hallways and different counters to get paperwork from. So I truly didn’t kno who I was suppose to report.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
More then I felt it should be. It seems like I was payin for stuff I didn’t have done yet also double for things as well.
We honestly didn’t talk about this. We only talked about IUI and IVF treatment when I met Dr. Wing the first day. Other then that he didn’t tell me anything about eSET or multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
It’s was just so many people on a doctors team and it felt like nobody was on the same page. So when I would call for information, nobody knew or could find it.
Charlotte
Dr. Johnson was patient with me when I asked questions...When I had an issue in my first meeting with her bringing up my weight she addressed the issue and was more warm and considerate...initially told me if I lost 20lbs I wouldn’t need her I was around 200lbs. It was so crushing to feel like it was my fault I couldn’t have a baby. I addressed that with her after that and told her how hurtful it was. She was much more kind after that and adjusted her tone. Sometimes I did feel rushed with her but at my last appointment before releasing me to the OB she gave my a worth the wait onesie and hugged me.
nurse [at REACH] was AMAZING...She explained things anytime I was confused after an appointment. She responded quickly to my emails or calls. She encouraged me to speak up with the doctor when I wanted a change in medication or had an issue. When I had my chemical she was so compassionate and talked with me when I cried. She was so excited when we got pregnant and celebrated with us when we got released to my regular doctor.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson initially told me if I lost 20lbs I wouldn’t need her I was around 200lbs. It was so crushing to feel like it was my fault I couldn’t have a baby. I addressed that with her after that and told her how hurtful it was. She was much more kind after that and adjusted her tone. Sometimes I did feel rushed with her but at my last appointment before releasing me to the OB she gave my a worth the wait onesie and hugged me.
Tell her what you want and need. Don’t be afraid to challenge her because she will listen and discuss anything you think is important.
Dr. Johnson was patient with me when I asked questions and her nurse was AMAZING. When I had my chemical they were very kind to me when I cried. When I had an issue in my first meeting with her bringing up my weight she addressed the issue and was more warm and considerate.
First IUI was done with metformin 100mg, synthroid, vitamin D, letrozol, and a trigger shot. I didn’t get pregnant that round. The second round was the same and I had a chemical pregnancy. The third round was similar but she added gonal f. This round she didn’t want to up my meds but I told her I couldn’t afford anymore rounds so she was willing to get more aggressive. That cycle I got pregnant and had my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
My nurse was amazing. She explained things anytime I was confused after an appointment. She responded quickly to my emails or calls. She encouraged me to speak up with the doctor when I wanted a change in medication or had an issue. When I had my chemical she was so compassionate and talked with me when I cried. She was so excited when we got pregnant and celebrated with us when we got released to my regular doctor.
Matrika Johnson

Dr. Katz was very thorough in his explanations, and what the next steps would be if I made choices to proceed with treatment. He was a good listener to my concerns and answer any questions that I had, or questions my husband had. I never felt rushed at any of the office visits...Dr. Katz suggested laparoscopy in order to make a diagnosis for the infertility. Results were blocked fallopian tubes.
Strength [at REACH- Charlotte] is they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness is that you have to leave a message every time you call, and then you will receive a call back. You cannot call and reach someone. The nurse even told me this at my very first visit...Nursing staff was friendly. I was only with them briefly before seeing Dr. Katz. The front desk person was the person who took my blood...
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Come prepared with questions.
Dr. Katz was very informative, very upfront, and was willing to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strength is they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness is that you have to leave a message every time you call, and then you will receive a call back. You cannot call and reach someone. The nurse even told me this at my very first visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Cost was expensive. The bill I received did not reflect final insurance payment, so I had to call and discuss to get it refiled again.
He gave his opinion that multiples were high risk, and the babies could be very sick. And that his clinic is actually "docked" (or would be in the future) for multiple transfers, since the medical cost after birth far exceeds single transfers.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I have always been treated with respect and Dr Johnson made sure that we had a good level of understanding. I never felt that she was rushed in our interactions....Dr Johnson is very professional and caring. She helped me feel at ease with the plan we decided on. I felt very confident with her clinical decision-making, and in fact we did not have any issues until other providers in the practice were involved in the most critical stages of the process.
Overall the clinic staff [REACH] that I interacted with were professional and caring. I was disappointed in key decisions that were made during my ivf cycle, and the lack of responsibility from a clinic leadership perspective after the fact.... The nursing team is wonderful — a very caring and compassionate group. I was always able to communicate with the nursing staff and receive replies back within a very reasonable time frame.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Discuss the need for potential contingency plans in the event unexpected situations arise.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Overall the clinic staff that I interacted with were professional and caring. I was disappointed in key decisions that were made during my ivf cycle, and the lack of responsibility from a clinic leadership perspective after the fact.
I felt Dr Johnson sufficiently discussed the pros and cons of both options.
Charlotte
He [Dr. Joseph Whelen] treated me like a human and explained everything to me but I felt very rushed like he had other patients waiting and he just kept suggesting that I go straight to IVF and I felt I'm young and want to find out to root of my problem...I felt as if everything wasn't explained to me and IVF seemed so daunting to me. I needed more time to understand what the process was. He is very nice though but I feel too many patients are booked at once.
Well they [nurses at REACH Charlotte] forgot to call in my prescription before my IUI's and also I called over five times to have my paperwork switched to my gyno with no response...Strengths would be niceness but weakness's would be office flow of paperwork and organization. The financial lady is even a bit mean. Returning phone calls can be a nightmare...We did four IUI's but I don't recall the medicine used except that I gave myself a shot in the stomach theee days straight
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He is very knowledgeable but also very matter of fact! I felt as if everything wasn't explained to me and IVF seemed so daunting to me. I needed more time to understand what the process was. He is very nice though but I feel too many patients are booked at once.
To ask for a longer appointment
He treated me like a human and explained everything to me but I felt very rushed like he had other patients waiting and he just kept suggesting that I go straight to IVF and I felt I'm young and want to find out to root of my problem
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Everyone was very nice and compassionate.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Well they forgot to call in my prescription before my IUI's and also I called over five times to have my paperwork switched to my gyno with no response

2015, Successful
Lauren [Johnson] took the time to go above and beyond with patience and care. She had an amazing bedside manner that made our IVF failure more bearable to know she was behind us 100% to try to get us to where we wanted in the future... a future with our own children...Lauren had a plan in place every step of the way. From start to finish, she made clear expectations and results expected. Although our IVF did not succeed, we knew where to go next.
I feel that they [REACH] have doctors that can help each person to achieve their fertility goals. They have plans that can suit and change as needed per patient. I always felt like a human and not a number. They always went above and beyond to make me comfortable and explain the plans of procedure....Elisha was SO sweet and caring in every interaction....Lauren [Johnson] took the time to go above and beyond with patience and care
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Lauren had a plan in place every step of the way. From start to finish, she made clear expectations and results expected. Although our IVF did not succeed, we knew where to go next. We ironically had a spontaneous pregnancy 4 months after our failed cycle. We were planning on tying again the following year with her recommendation for the updated protocol.
let her handle it, and trust her knowledge on getting you on the right path to your fertility needs.
Lauren took the time to go above and beyond with patience and care. She had an amazing bedside manner that made our IVF failure more bearable to know she was behind us 100% to try to get us to where we wanted in the future... a future with our own children
I do not recall at the moment but would be happy to provide this information after contacting my clinic for the information
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Elisha)
Elisha was SO sweet and caring in every interaction.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I feel that they have doctors that can help each person to achieve their fertility goals. They have plans that can suit and change as needed per patient. I always felt like a human and not a number. They always went above and beyond to make me comfortable and explain the plans of procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
$10,000 through work compensation for IVF, and another 5-10K on top of that out of our pocket for IVF (this excludes any other treatments we saw under other doctors)
We chose two embryos for the likelihood of pregnancy after transfer as well as our ability to financially support multiples of that should happen.
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz was always kind and straightforward during appointments. He told lots of stories of previous patients to give examples....Very rare to actually see Dr. Katz for an appointment. Saw multiple doctors during my time at REACH for monitoring. During my time at REACH (for all testing and 3 IUI's) I only saw Dr. Katz 3 times. Since the doctor's varied so much for monitoring the experience at each visit was different and no one actually knew me.
REACH is a very popular clinic in Charlotte and was used by several of my coworkers. Since it is such a large and bust clinic I really felt like just a number and that no one knew who I was. There are many doctors on staff and they operate with more of a team approach, which contributes to feeling like no one knows who you are. Each doctor varied widely in how much information they would give you in an appointment for monitoring.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Ask lots of questions and advocate for yourself.
During my time under Dr. Katz's care I completed three medicated cycles. Since I ovulate on my own and our diagnosis is Male Factor Infertility it was recommended we skip timed intercourse and go right to IUI. A low dose of Letrozole was used for each cycle. Dr. Katz picked this over Clomid based on side effects. My spouse was put on Clomid and a fertility blend vitamin to attempt to treat his Male Factor Infertility. I responded well to Letrozole each time (2-3 follicles) and and IUI was completed. Post wash numbers for the IUI's were never at the 10 million they were wanting. All cycles resulted in BFN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Most of my contact was with Melissa. She appeared organized but my main contact with her was over the phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Each IUI cycle cost around $1,500. All testing was put towards my insurance deductible.
2015, Unsuccessful
Richard Wing has great bed side manner and explain the process to me. I felt nervous my first visit and he help calm my nerves. You can tell he knowsaid what he is doing. The only thing I would say was his weakness was he did not check or explain to me what I should do next after my first IUI failed...Dr wing said that my insurance doesn't include infertility treatments so he gave me a discount of 1 IUI for Lil over 1000 dollars. Not including labs appts. Or ultrasounds
the nurse [at REACH Charlotte] did my actual IUI and I felt like she was ok its done, stay her 15mins and you can go....which made me feel more like a burden then someone they was trying to help...Strengths are the The overall Doctors seem to know what they are doing.....all seemed more then qualified. Some of the staff needs a better attitude though...You maybe listed as his patient but I saw 3 other doctors more than I saw him during my IUI process.
How was your experience with Richard Wing at REACH?
Dr. Wing was great but to be honest I only seen him 2 visits.....but when it came to do the iui...someone I never seen before did it. Which I get the on call process but I felt they didn't explain that to me then. I saw three doctors total but Dr. wing wasn't involved in the initial process....but his bed side manner was great. Just wish I had him during my actual IuI.....the nurse did my actual IUI and I felt like she was ok its done, stay her 15mins and you can go....which made me feel more like a burden then someone they was trying to help.
He put me on clomid and I had lab and ultrasounds to see if my eggs was mature. Once that all check out a nurse came in to do it and really didn't explain to me what she was doing she said ok it's done wait 15mins and you can leave.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Dr wings nurse was great not sure of her name but I could call her with questions and if she didn't know she called me back with an answer....she showed compassion and held my hand during my first appt....but when you start going through the process you get whoevers on call...and the nurse that was on call the day of my IUI treated me like I was someone she needed to check off her list.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strengths are the The overall Doctors seem to know what they are doing.....all seemed more then qualified. Some of the staff needs a better attitude though. I work in the health care field as a CNA at a birthplace. So I get to see women deliver all the time . If your not careful you get caught up in saying this is just another delivery. So I check my heart often and make sure this is the best experience ever. Why because though Ive seen thousands of deliveries they havent. This is Thier child and they shouldn't be treated like their baby is a check off list. This is a special moment for them. I think some of Reach nurses need to understand that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Wing at REACH.
Over Dr wing said that my insurance doesn't include infertility treatments so he gave me a discount of 1 IUI for Lil over 1000 dollars. Not including labs appts. Or ultrasounds

2013 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] has a good bedside manner. He was very informative and explained everything in detail so that we could understand it. He explained all of the procedures and reasons behind doing them. We never left feeling confused or let down.... Husband and I both were tested in the beginning. Husband’s sperm was tested for mobility. I had a dye test done on my uterus, Fallopian tubes and ovaries to make sure nothing was blocking the eggs from reaching the sperm. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We had been trying to conceive for 6 years prior. Dr. Whelan recommended IVF.
[REACH is] Very organized with the exception of the billing department. They waited too long to bill my insurance and I got a bill exactly one year later. Was not happy about it. Found out they also messed up the numbers on my file and then tried telling me that my insurance denied them. Not true.... They [the nursing staff] had very good bedside manners. Very compassionate. Very informative.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He has a good bedside manner. He was very informative and explained everything in detail so that we could understand it. He explained all of the procedures and reasons behind doing them. We never left feeling confused or let down.
Try to be patient and understanding of why they perform the tests and procedures that they do. Ask lots of questions.
He was very knowledgeable and kind. Explained everything in detail. Never felt rushed. Good bedside manner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
They had very good bedside manners. Very compassionate. Very informative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
Don’t remember the costs. Insurance covered most of it. I think we paid $1500.
2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol...He was great at explaining what PCOS was and how it affected my health overall. He listened to our concerns and modified treatment as we went through the process. The only downside was he was usually running at least 45 minutes late...Plan on an extra hour or so for your appointment. He is very thorough which means he runs long on his appointments.
The financial woman Diane [at REACH] was terrible. We almost did not proceed with Ivf because she was so incompetent. Luckily everyone else was great and we looked past it...All the nurses were absolutely wonderful. They were so happy when we finally got pregnant...He [Dr. Joseph Whelan] took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
He took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions and made sure we understood the protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa but I can’t remember her last name )
Describe your experience with REACH.
The financial woman Diane was terrible. We almost did not proceed with Ivf because she was so incompetent. Luckily everyone else was great and we looked past it. All the doctors were great and I recommended this clinic to 2 couples and each have children through REACH.
Total $30,000
He recommended no more than 2.

2014, Successful
We started with Clomid the lowest dosage and ovidrel shot. He [Dr Joseph Whelan] mentioned that he started with the lowest dosage to try and control how many eggs were released and decrease the chance of multiples as best he could. I really appreciated this. We did 3 IUIs which was what he recommended before IVF. Fortunately we were successful with the 3rd IUI. With Each IUI he adjusted the timing of the shot and IUI procedure in accordance with the information he gathered from blood tests.
Reach was Amazing. I always joked that they deal with women who are on a lot of hormones so they have to be sensitive. But they went above and beyond for me. At one point I was supposed to have a Ovidrel shot on a Sunday and unfortunately the mail order pharmacy messed up and i didn't get it. Reach went out of their way to find the Pharmaceutical rep and made them bring what i needed to my house! And this was the cycle that was successful. So if it hadn't been for the amazing staff at Reach providing amazing service, I wouldn't have had my son.
How was your experience with Joseph Whelan at REACH?
Dr. Whelan was a great doctor. He explained the science behind everything and outlined what to expect each time we saw him. I would say if you are looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear, that would not be him. He tells you the facts in a professional and compassionate way, and communicated the understanding as to what he thought. He was a great doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable to leave my care in his hands.
Ask questions if you do not understand. He will explain things until you understand them.
He explained all of the science behind the treatments. And also explained that each treatment was diagnostic and we learn from each one. He set expectations appropriately and answered all of my questions so that I could understand.
We started with Clomid the lowest dosage and ovidrel shot. He mentioned that he started with the lowest dosage to try and control how many eggs were released and decrease the chance of multiples as best he could. I really appreciated this. We did 3 IUIs which was what he recommended before IVF. Fortunately we were successful with the 3rd IUI. With Each IUI he adjusted the timing of the shot and IUI procedure in accordance with the information he gathered from blood tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Veronica Bennett)
Veronica was amazing. She made me feel extremely comfortable and guided me through the process with compassion and humor. She was such a blessing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Whelan at REACH.
It was expensive and we had insurance that helped pay 80% after a deductible. But they work with you to figure out what you can do. They were really helpful in making it somewhat affordable.

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Seth Katz at REACH in Charlotte] never gave us false hope but always made sure we knew he would do everything he could to help us conceive. He cried both happy and sad tears with us and never made us feel pressured to do anything we weren't ready for. I never once questioned if my care was in the right hands.
They [REACH in Charlotte] are a wonderful clinic with a very competent staff. I saw several of the other doctors during cycle monitoring checks and they all seemed very professional and knowledgeable. Some seemed to be warmer than others, which is good since different patients want different types of doctors....initial diagnostic testing and procedures - $800 roughly surgery - $2,500 roughly IVF medications - $5000 roughly IVF procedure - $14,000
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz was compassionate and upfront about what we would be dealing with in order to conceive. He never "talked down" to us, like some doctors can do. He always made sure we understood what was going on, why he recommended certain treatments and what the next steps would be. He never gave us false hope but always made sure we knew he would do everything he could to help us conceive. He cried both happy and sad tears with us and never made us feel pressured to do anything we weren't ready for. I never once questioned if my care was in the right hands.
Go in willing to listen to what he recommends. He is a very competent doctor who knows what the best treatment plan is for different fertility issues.
Dr. Katz is very sympathetic to his patients emotional situation but is also very candid and honest about your medical situation. He always explained in great detail our test and procedure results so we understood everything that was going on.
Our first step was trying to figure out why we weren't getting pregnant on our own. A blood test and hcg were done. During the hcg he discovered I had blocked/infected fallopian tubes as well as a low ovarian reserve. The next step was surgery to attempt to clear the blockage and infection from the tubes. He was upfront about the likelihood of removing one (and possibly both) of the tubes due to scar tissue and damage from the infected fluid. The end result was one tube was removed and the other, now cleared of infection, was in poor condition from scar tissue. He advised us our next step should be IVF since that was the only treatment option that completely bypassed the fallopian tube. Once we were ready (about a year later) we began IVF injections and monitoring. Our first cycle was canceled due to poor response to medications. Some adjustments were made to dosages and we began a second cycle. This cycle resulted in 6 eggs being retrieved, 5 were fertilized, two were transferred at 5 days and the remaining three were monitored for possible freezing. Of those three only one was viable to freeze, which we did. The two which were transferred resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy and live twin birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
They returned calls very quickly and all questions were answered as soon as possible. They did everything they could to help, inform and support us. Stephanie was incredibly compassionate, she called, just to check on us, several times during our cycle. She was encouraging and sympathetic.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They are a wonderful clinic with a very competent staff. I saw several of the other doctors during cycle monitoring checks and they all seemed very professional and knowledgeable. Some seemed to be warmer than others, which is good since different patients want different types of doctors.
2011 - 2014, Unsuccessful
If you're looking for a very clinical and smart Doctor no one is better [than Nancy Teaff]. I am not a "high maintenance" type of patient so if you are that type I'm not sure how you would do. I was very realistic about my chances of getting pregnant in my 40's but not all women are which probably effects their expectations of the doctor.
[REACH in Charlotte is a] good practice. You see various providers during monitoring some are better than others...Nursing staff was very compassionate and helpful...Dr. Teaff is very smart and knows the literature and is very knowledgeable about the latest procedures. My husband and I connected with her very well and she was very compassionate about my situation. She gave me all the options and did everything possible.
How was your experience with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Teaff at REACH?
If you're looking for a very clinical and smart Doctor no one is better. I am not a "high maintenance" type of patient so if you are that type I'm not sure how you would do. I was very realistic about my chances of getting pregnant in my 40's but not all women are which probably effects their expectations of the doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Teaff at REACH?
Nurses and Dr. Teaff were wonderful
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing staff was very compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Good practice. You see various providers during monitoring some are better than others.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
it was pretty efficient. some days longer wait than others.
Nancy Teaff

2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Katz was the only doctor at the practice willing to take on my case as a single mother using known donor sperm. While initially hesitant, once I cleared all of the required psych evaluations he was 100% committed to my treatment. I mostly saw other doctors for mid-cycle checks and such, but Dr. Katz was always there for my procedures or any big tests.
While I feel like my actual care was handled well, the billing department [at REACH in Charlotte] was always a mess. I had partial insurance coverage and for some reason they could never get things billed correctly...Dr. Katz was always very willing to explain things to me, listen to my ideas and questions and had no problem letting me make decisions and recommendations regarding my own treatment. Melissa, his nurse was always warm and personable and very willing to communicate with me. The only times I felt more like a number was when I saw a different doctor for cycle check appointments.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Show an interest in your own course of treatment, he will listen to you.
I did all IUI with Letrozol. I had no real fertility issues outside of my age so it was just a matter of increasing my chances and timing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I loved Melissa! She was supportive, open and willing to talk at any time.
Describe your experience with REACH.
While I feel like my actual care was handled well, the billing department was always a mess. I had partial insurance coverage and for some reason they could never get things billed correctly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
If I remember correctly, IUI cycles were approx. $1,500 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My only issues were with the billing department and trying to coordinate my payments as well as my insurance companies payments.