Genetic counseling: Offered
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
2700 Silverside Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) to a friend?

She [Dr. Emelia Bachman] is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully...I think she has great bedside manner and cares a lot about the success of her patients. The doctors at RAD all consult with each other and it makes me feel reassured that I'm in good hands and getting good care
I often left [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions...We had a miscommunication with the genetic counselor about the pgd process which ended up delaying our cycle, and it didn't seem like all the other clinicians were up to date on where we were in that process, but she quickly corrected it and has been great and helpful otherwise
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dont have expectations of what your diagnosis will be, what your treatment plan will be, or when you may get pregnant. That's only setting yourself up for disappointment. And come to every appointment with questions written down since it's hard to get an appointment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
She is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility, got referred to a urologist. And then started IVF with pgs/pgd. I was on follistim and clomid, and had a lot of follicles but only got 8 eggs, and 2 made it to the blastocyst stage. I'm waiting to talk to Dr. Bachman about how our 2nd cycle may be different
They're caring and answer questions during your exams, I always felt like I knew what was going on after an exam except during my IVF monitoring. I often left with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The portal system is helpful, they are very organized and systematic which puts me at ease. I wish the doctors had more availability but that's pretty common. The coordinators are very responsive to portal messages, they hardly ever answer the phone though
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
so far we've paid about 20,000 not including medications
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
She strongly believes in SET
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I think he [Dr. Ronald Feinberg] is thoughtful and takes the time to listen. During the consult visits where I do see him, I never feel rushed. While he's quick to suggest IVF, he doesn't pressure you into a decision. We chose to try IUI first and he was understanding and supportive...Know that while he may be overseeing your treatment, you may not see him much...You may go through a whole cycle and not see your doctor...Gonal F 300 mg with continuous clomid. It was described as efficient with less daily shots. It did not produce desired results for me.
Wish there was more consistency [at RAD Fertility] in treating providers (i.e. seeing the same PA or NP during monitoring so can comment on changes and know you vs what numbers are in the chart). Also wish there was built-in follow up with doctors following cycles. If you want to see your doctor or have follow-up, it's up to you to schedule an appointment. WIth all that said, I've been pleased with RAD. They do seem to care and are in this journey with you. Great after-hours on-call - tell you to call and say its an emergency if you have ANY question or concern during cycle so you never have to feel like you are going to make a mistake or screw it up.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
I think he is thoughtful and takes the time to listen. During the consult visits where I do see him, I never feel rushed. While he's quick to suggest IVF, he doesn't pressure you into a decision. We chose to try IUI first and he was understanding and supportive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Know that while he may be overseeing your treatment, you may not see him much.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
While everyone is so nice, you see so many different NPs and PAs each time you go in. It's hard to feel like anyone knows you or your history/issues. You may go through a whole cycle and not see your doctor.
Describe the protocols Ronald Feinberg used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
RAD uses a consultation team approach to decide each person's protocol. However, they do seem to use similar protocol on everyone. Gonal F 300 mg with continuous clomid. It was described as efficient with less daily shots. It did not produce desired results for me.
Efficient and usually timely. There are a ton and honestly don't know one from another (except for Lindsay - she rocks!) . All polite and professional. Most communication is through portal. Hard to get answers on the phone.
Efficient and great hours - open almost every day and early monitoring appointments. Wish there was more consistency in treating providers (i.e. seeing the same PA or NP during monitoring so can comment on changes and know you vs what numbers are in the chart). Also wish there was built-in follow up with doctors following cycles. If you want to see your doctor or have follow-up, it's up to you to schedule an appointment. WIth all that said, I've been pleased with RAD. They do seem to care and are in this journey with you. Great after-hours on-call - tell you to call and say its an emergency if you have ANY question or concern during cycle so you never have to feel like you are going to make a mistake or screw it up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Well-oiled machine. The earliest hours (I think, 630-730) are first come, first serve. After that, it's by appointment but they may be backed up. "IVF monitoring weekends" are 730-930 first come, first serve. I'm usually at RAD for 30-45 minutes for monitoring, including wait time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Covered partly by insurance so unsure. Meds about 5,000-6,000 out-of-pocket for a retrieval cycle.
Describe Ronald Feinberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Majority of transfers are eSET. Was explained that only in special circumstances would they do multiple embryo transfer as it causes risk to mother and baby.
+ Read more- Read less

I had an ectopic pregnancy from my previous cycle with the previous doctor. Dr. Bachman reviewed all of my information, repeated diagnostic bloodwork and testing, and provided options for an action plan moving forward. ... Dr. Bachman takes her time to listen and answer questions. She treats her patients with full support and starts from the beginning, explaining each option and possible outcomes. Dr. Bachman is professional, kind, and very responsive.
Clinics [RAD] strengths are professional, supportive, reachable, and has a team approach. ... Everyone in the clinic is helpful, pleasant, and professional. I have worked with Beth, on of the physician assistants, who is absolutely amazing. She has done both of my HSG and Sono procedures. ... Clinic weaknesses may be that they lost one reproductive doctor, going from five to four, so I think that has effected the patient to doctor ratios to be higher.
Dr. Bachman's strengths are apparent the second you meet her. She is professional and caring. She works with you from where you are and explains each step along the way. She took her time with my husband and I while using her knowledge and experience to provide the best care.
Ask questions when you have them Dr. Bachman will answer them while providing support.
My reproductive doctor I originally worked with moved out of state so I was switched to work with Dr. Bachman. I had an ectopic pregnancy from my previous cycle with the previous doctor. Dr. Bachman reviewed all of my information, repeated diagnostic bloodwork and testing, and provided options for an action plan moving forward. I had two cycles of gonal F 100 and got pregnant both times, unfortunately both were ectopic. Now Im working with Dr. Bachman on diagnostic laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and considering IVF for future cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
Clinics strengths are professional, supportive, reachable, and has a team approach. Clinic weaknesses may be that they lost one reproductive doctor, going from five to four, so I think that has effected the patient to doctor ratios to be higher.
Insurance copay of 25%, also had to pay for medications out of pocket.

IUI, Donor Sperm
Dr McGuirk was interested in what I had to say about my experiences and plans. She was clear about all of the steps I would be looking at and best ways to plan ahead for the process including the best way to care for myself and prepare my body for prenancy. ... She was very detailed in her explanation and was always making sure I wasn't confused with so much info coming my way. She offered tips on how to best prepare my body to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. She cared and listened to any struggles I have encountered to this point.
Biggest weakness is that I did have a long wait time for both appointments, however the staff was very apologetic and offered rescheduling if needed. I opted to stay in the comfy welcoming waiting room for both appointments. ... Mari [nurse] printed out all of the notes from my meeting with Dr McGuirk and made sure that I had no questions. She also reviewed all of the upcoming appointments, what each entailed and again made sure I had no questions.
IUI, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr McGuirk was wonderful. She was very detailed in her explanation and was always making sure I wasn't confused with so much info coming my way. She offered tips on how to best prepare my body to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. She cared and listened to any struggles I have encountered to this point. She made me feel at ease as she explained everything the team would be doing to help me to a successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Write down any questions you might have in advance. Although the team is very willing to answer follow up questions, there is alot of information to take in so it is easy to lose track.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the protocols Barbara McGuirk used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
This was just an initial consult so the 2 main items were start prescription prenatal vitamins and to start intermittent fasting which has been proven to improve egg health and organ function. And then of course the more obvious do not drink, smoke marijuana or do any drugs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquilin)
Mari printed out all of the notes from my meeting with Dr McGuirk and made sure that I had no questions. She also reviewed all of the upcoming appointments, what each entailed and again made sure I had no questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Consult, genetic counseling, prenatal vitamins and blood work which includes genetic testing has so far only been $282.07 OOP
Describe Barbara McGuirk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Dr McGuirk was very clear that my path would not be decided until all tests were completed and we would build a strategy that would best suit me.

2014 - 2019
Dr Bachman is great, almost perfect. My only complaint is not knowing I had the option to freeze the eggs from my retrieval instead of fertilizing them all at once. ... She said I may be a candidate for mini-stim IVF which would be comparable in cost to the few cycles of IUI that would probably be necessary to conceive, so that's what we did. ... The mini-stim cycle produced 7 eggs, 6 embroys, and so far 2 babies with 3 embryos left.
I had to take time off work so it was never convenient. Even when I got there [RAD] at opening time there was always a wait. ... I also was against my future children being conceived by my husband masterbating to porn but they would not allow me to go into the collection room with him. Not all couples are comfortable with pornographic material ... I know men are visual but as a Christian I find "the porn room " to be disturbing. (My term, not theirs) Besides that, the clinic is clean and the staff is friendly. ...
2014 - 2019
European, Black or African-American
Dr Bachman is great, almost perfect. My only complaint is not knowing I had the option to freeze the eggs from my retrieval instead of fertilizing them all at once. Now I'm left with the decision of what to do with all these embryos and because I feel morally obligated to them I have faced a lot of stress and anxiety knowing I will most likely have a huge family when originally I only wanted to add 1 child from IVF, not 5 (potentially). This has also created a huge financial burden for us.
Discuss your options so you're not left with a bunch of embryos that you may not be sure what to do about.
Dr Bachman does a great job answering questions and has a warm friendly demeanor. She doesn't make you feel rushed during appointments.
Since we had been trying for a couple years and I was really struggling emotionally from the infertility, we decided to skip IUI after Dr Bachman explained the low success rate. She said I may be a candidate for mini-stim IVF which would be comparable in cost to the few cycles of IUI that would probably be necessary to conceive, so that's what we did. The mini-stim cycle produced 7 eggs, 6 embroys, and so far 2 babies with 3 embryos left.
Everyone is great at RAD...friendly and knowledgeable.
The pricing is on the high end and for whatever reason they would not gives us a military discount even though they advertise it on their website. Before becoming pregnant I remeber sitting in the waiting room and feeling bad about all the magazines with pregnant celebrities on top of my doctor being pregnant as well. While I wasn't bitter and of course no one can avoid seeing pregnant women, when you're struggling to get pregnant it always stings a little when you see others have what you desperately want. I also was against my future children being conceived by my husband masterbating to porn but they would not allow me to go into the collection room with him. Not all couples are comfortable with pornographic material but luckily my husband was prepared with our own material. I know men are visual but as a Christian I find "the porn room " to be disturbing. (My term, not theirs) Besides that, the clinic is clean and the staff is friendly.
I had to take time off work so it was never convenient. Even when I got there at opening time there was always a wait.
Initial consult was $150. I think the retrieval and up to 3 transfers was about $9000. The testing was about $1000, and meds were about $3200. For my second FET, the cost was $4200, meds were $900 and testing (sono) was maybe $300.
While I wasn't adamant about multiple embryo tranfer, Dr Bachman did explain that for my age and health single embryo transfer was preferred.

2015 - 2019
Through testing, diagnosis of unexplained fertility, and treatment she explained what to expect from each process. There were plenty of visits to the office over the entire time-frame but we didn't see Dr. Bachman at each visit. ... She was warm and welcoming the first time around in 2015. We recently went back for our second consultation in 2019 and she was just as great as before. ... I used Clomid, a shot to make me ovulate (I don't remember the name), two days of IUI and ended the process with progesterone suppositories. During the process there was constant monitoring to detect the correct timing.
The entire process was long based on our schedule and other factors, however the clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] worked closely with us along the way. All my questions from finance, insurance to procedures were answered along the way. I would recommend this clinic to anyone that is having fertility issues. The use of their patient portal made communication with any team member quick and easy. ...
2015 - 2019
Each time we met with Dr. Bachman she was welcoming and understanding of the stressful situation. Through testing, diagnosis of unexplained fertility, and treatment she explained what to expect from each process. There were plenty of visits to the office over the entire time-frame but we didn't see Dr. Bachman at each visit. This was perfectly acceptable to me as the remainder of the staff was just as welcoming and competent as Dr. Bachman. Our entire process was long due to scheduling restraints on our end as well as a maternity leave for Dr. Bachman. While she was out on leave we decided to take some time off from the process. When Dr. Bachman returned, we picked up where were at and eventually continued on through a successful treatment process.
It is a long and stressful process, with testing, diagnosis and through treatment, however having a great team to work with is essential to providing you with support the entire way.
A friend recommended Dr. Bachman to me and my family. She was warm and welcoming the first time around in 2015. We recently went back for our second consultation in 2019 and she was just as great as before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene)
Through all of the visits the nursing staff was great. Through all of the visits I didn't have a staff member that wasn't proficient at their job. Wait times for appointments were typically short and the appointment times were accommodating with my schedule.
The entire process was long based on our schedule and other factors, however the clinic worked closely with us along the way. All my questions from finance, insurance to procedures were answered along the way. I would recommend this clinic to anyone that is having fertility issues. The use of their patient portal made communication with any team member quick and easy.
Based on my insurance I had copays that needed to be paid but a lot of the testing and treatment was covered by my insurance. The second time around my insurance has changed so it will be more out of pocket up front but overall will cost about the same as it did the first time based on premiums I was paying before. Some of the prescriptions (progesterone suppositories) weren't covered but the office worked with me to help find an alternative pharmacy to help lower the cost.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Bachman goes into great detail about your treatment plan and if you have any concerns you can reach out through the portal ... She did a full lab work up and I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. We started off with the lowest dose of Fermara and timed intercourse which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We tried two more months of Fermara and increased the dosage each time as well as did IUIs both months.
Each doctor has their own patient coordinator that handles appointments/procedures and patient questions. There is also a clinical team [RAD] of nurses and physician assistants that handle the IUIs and follow up labs and appointments. ... The nursing staff is just as good. They are great with staying up to date with each case. ... The appointments are flexible and they always find time to squeeze you in. I honestly do not have anything negative to say.
European, Other
I cannot say enough good things about Dr.Bachman. She truly is an exceptional doctor. She's getting busier with patients but she treats you as though you are the only one on her schedule. Dr. Bachman goes into great detail about your treatment plan and if you have any concerns you can reach out through the portal. She's even called me after hours from her cell phone to talk to me regarding some issues. I wish she could be my regular OBGYN as well. I always ask her if she wants to be all my doctor's in one!!
You will not be disappointed! You may have to wait for a few weeks to get an initial consultation but it is worth it. She is very honest but caring at the same time. Such a down to earth physician.
Dr. Bachman is so sweet. I left my initial consultation feeling like I have known her for years. She doesn't rush the appointments and explains every option available to you and gives her honest opinion with what will be the best treatment for you as a person. She definitely cares about her patients.
She did a full lab work up and I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. We started off with the lowest dose of Fermara and timed intercourse which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We tried two more months of Fermara and increased the dosage each time as well as did IUIs both months. Both resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I asked if we should try another month but Dr.Bachman did not want me to keep spending a lot of money as the success rates are still about 20%. Dr. Bachman informed me of a study that was coming up for IVF as my insurance does not cover any IVF or any fertility treatments for that matter. She was trying to help with the IVF cost by enrolling me into the study but unfortunately I could not take the specific medication that was being used. Now, I am trying to get money together for an IVF cycle. I really liked that Dr.Bachman didn't want to keep trying other things and wanted to get right to the best course of treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene is my patient coordinator)
Each doctor has their own patient coordinator that handles appointments/procedures and patient questions. There is also a clinical team of nurses and physician assistants that handle the IUIs and follow up labs and appointments. The doctors are awesome. I have not had one doctor that I did not like. They are all very helpful. The nursing staff is just as good. They are great with staying up to date with each case. The clinical team always gets their direction from one of the four main fertility doctors and will review any possible med changes which Dr. Bachman must approve. The appointments are flexible and they always find time to squeeze you in. I honestly do not have anything negative to say.
I may have answered some of this in the previous question. The appointments for the medicated cycles/IUIs/ultrasounds/day 3 work ups are usually with the clinical team which consists of nurses and physician assistants. They get their direction from one of the four main fertility doctors and will review any possible med changes with your main provider for approval. Everyone at the office is very friendly. The patient portal is the best way to get in touch with any of the doctor's/nurses/IVF coordinators/all other staff. You always get a response no later then the same day, usually mostly minutes after you send the message.
Roughly $1800 per medicated cycle monitoring with IUI- tried 2 times $880 for medicated monitoring cycle with timed intercourse- tried once Progesterone and trigger shot- 3 times for a total of $120-150 each time My health insurance will cover office visits and workup for infertility diagnosis but co-pays is $35 each office visit/ultrasound. I lost track of how many times. Saving up for a mini-stim IVF cycle which is roughly$12,000 or a regular IVF cycle which is roughly $15000 and up.
This clinic only allows one embryo to be transferred at a time which I didn't agree with at first because I thought you have better chances with transferring two and I know many fertility doctors that will transfer more then one but it makes sense why they only allow one. It wouldn't change my opinion about the office or keep me from going there.

2012 - 2019
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I do natural cycles, and I have done a cocktail of extra meds w my cycle in hopes of a good outcome ... He [Dr. Feinberg] might not give you a warm fuzzy feeling the first time you meet him but he cares so so much and will always have your back ... I am a hard case because I feel like he’s tried everything to figure it out but there’s nothing that he could find as to why I keep Miscarrying my babies. So I feel sad that it’s not working even though sometimes it has but it’s not anything that he has done wrong.
I highly recommend them [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] to my friends or really people I just meet and it comes up that they are having infertility issues. ... I love the staff they are like my second family since I have been there for so long and I feel like everyone including the drs are pulling for me. The staff has even cried w me given me countless Hugs and are always excited to see my little ones
2012 - 2019
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He might not give you a warm fuzzy feeling the first time you meet him but he cares so so much and will always have your back
I loved that they took a picture at my first Appointment that way instead of just looking at a medical record number you’re always looking at a person in the front of my chart instead of just a number and I’ve never once felt other than part of their family
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dori purse )
Everyone was amazing I can’t say it enough. I love the staff they are like my second family since I have been there for so long and I feel like everyone including the drs are pulling for me. The staff has even cried w me given me countless Hugs and are always excited to see my little ones
I honestly love this group. I would make no changes. I highly recommend them to my friends or really people I just meet and it comes up that they are having infertility issues. If I had to nit pick I would say my only complaint would be the floors in the exam rooms could be a little cleaner and that’s just Bc my kids always drop stuff on the floor like there toys etc. and they always have hair on them, but I mean it’s an office for mainly women so it’s to be excpected.
I have always done single but for my last one I’m going to do multiple
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

2013 - 2019
Dr Neithardt is always a welcoming and a positive doctor. She would explain the issues with transparency. She took time to explain the various steps of IVF and genetic testing. She is compassionate towards her patients. I received an email from her about my miscarriage. ... Even during surgeries, she stops by before as well as after the surgery to explain things in detail. She is a warm and a caring person.
Best thing about RAD is the appointments are on time, never any delay. Test results are reported the same days which means you get your results on the same day. This is useful especially when you are waiting to know whether you are pregnant or not. ... Nursing staff at RAD are great. They are prompt without any delays, compassionate in what they do. Lovely people
2013 - 2019
How was your experience with Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr Neithardt is always a welcoming and a positive doctor. She would explain the issues with transparency. She took time to explain the various steps of IVF and genetic testing. She is compassionate towards her patients. I received an email from her about my miscarriage. Usually doctors do not find the time to send emails to their patients but Dr Neithardt took time and thinks about her patients. Without the support of Dr Neithardt, I would not have my beautiful daughter and I am thankful to the doctor. Even during surgeries, she stops by before as well as after the surgery to explain things in detail. She is a warm and a caring person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
The only advice I can give is to trust her. She is the best doctor who has a very good knowledge and experience. She will make sure you get pregnant and have a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
She made me feel more like a human. She took the time to make me understand the various steps involved in IVF and Genetic testing even though she could have ordered it to be explained by her staff. After my miscarriage, she hugged me and felt sorry.
Describe the protocols Adrienne Neithardt used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
My previous stimulation was a regular stimulation and she adjusted the dosage through out the stimulate which provided very good results. My current stmulation which is going on right now, she is using minimal medicines. I am taking 300 units of Gonal F, 100mg of Clomid, Doxycycline 100mg. This time I am very much comfortable with the amount of medication and hopefully the results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I was always lucky to have my insurance cover IVF expenses. So we always ended up paying the deductibles which is around $3250 each for 2018 and 2019
Describe Adrienne Neithardt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Doctor always advices to get a single embryo transferred. I think this is very important as it reduces the risk of multiple births.

2016 - 2019
When diagnosed with stage 3 endo - she [Dr. Bachman] presented me facts in a simple straightforward manner that you can’t help but appreciate. ... I qualified for a “mini” atom cycle since my AMH level was so high. I was maintained on pretty low dose follistim and had a lupron trigger. ... We ended up needing IVf and had a second trimester loss. ... In regards to recommending her to my best friend... I already have... twice.
I just wish they [RAD] were more upfront about timelines. I need realistic expectations. For example I was told that after my retrieval that my FET would be 4-6 weeks later. And it ended up being a full 8 weeks later. Which is totally fine - but for someone who has been trying to conceive for a year and a half - setting realistic goals is important ... We did a single embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test
2016 - 2019
Dr. Bachman has been amazing since the moment I met her. She instantly made me feel calm - when all I was feeling before I first met her was frustration and disappointment. She helped reassure me that we would get to the bottom of my fertility issues. When diagnosed with stage 3 endo - she presented me facts in a simple straightforward manner that you can’t help but appreciate. We ended up needing IVf and had a second trimester loss. Dr. Bachman personally called me the day we found out we lost the baby to send her condolences and to help support us. I could go on for days about how truly empathetic and supporting Dr. Bachman has been to me in this journey In regards to recommending her to my best friend... I already have... twice. Two of my girlfriends were having fertility issues and are now also seeing dr. Bachman, and they love her as much as I do !
That if you want to get to the bottom of your fertility issues - Dr. Bachman is it !
She is so warm and inviting. Instantly made me feel at ease. She remembers everything about you and makes its feel like she’s an old friend
I qualified for a “mini” atom cycle since my AMH level was so high. I was maintained on pretty low dose follistim and had a lupron trigger. We ended up being able to retrieve 28 eggs, 22 were mature and 20 were fertilized. I had considered being involved in a trial study - but the starting dose was double the dose of medication I remained on the entire time for my stims. I’m very thankful Dr. Bachman and I were able to talk about potential risks of doing the study and that we settled on the mini stim
The clinic overall is great. I just wish they were more upfront about timelines. I need realistic expectations. For example I was told that after my retrieval that my FET would be 4-6 weeks later. And it ended up being a full 8 weeks later. Which is totally fine - but for someone who has been trying to conceive for a year and a half - setting realistic goals is important
We did a single embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Bachman] was very compassionate, when we found out that my husband couldn't have children. She explained every process in detail and it was a pleasure to have her as a doctor. ... she was very positive even after we got results we didn't want. She gave us time to process everything. There was a time you could see that she felt bad to give us bad news but handled it very professionally and compassionately.
I believe the clinic [RAD] is a great clinic. I would so recommend them to anyone that needs help like we did. They communicate effectively and in a timely manner. They greet you and explain what they are going to do and what they are looking for. I was very happy with the service. ... The nursing team was great, they explained every test completely and how it was going to feel. They were really sweet and caring! I felt like a human being and was treated really nice.
She was very compassionate, when we found out that my husband couldn't have children. She explained every process in detail and it was a pleasure to have her as a doctor. Even though we aren't done the process, I feel like she really cares about her patients and takes time out of her day to spend quality time with you and all of your concerns. she was very positive even after we got results we didn't want. She gave us time to process everything. There was a time you could see that she felt bad to give us bad news but handled it very professionally and compassionately.
She is a great and compassionate doctor and I would recommend her to anyone. my husband isn't fond of doctors but he loved her and how much she cared.
she explained thoroughly the process and showed compassion.
I only went through the process of making sure there wasn't anything wrong with me (the wife) and my husband went through the Male fertility factor. We haven't starting a treatment process yet.
I believe the clinic is a great clinic. I would so recommend them to anyone that needs help like we did. They communicate effectively and in a timely manner. They greet you and explain what they are going to do and what they are looking for. I was very happy with the service.
there was a few co insurance Bill's for the different procedures but that is all.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Every PA, Nurse Practitioner, Care Coordinator, and Nurse [at RAD] I have interacted with has been kind and competent. My patient care coordinator responds to all of my questions in a timely manner and thoroughly.... Strengths- kind and caring people that treat you like family and always make you comfortable. Weaknesses- they have an on-site lab which is great, but sometimes the wait is lengthy because there is only one person drawing blood.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I was nervous at first because I had previously been with a former doctor in this practice, but Dr. Neithardt greeted me with a warm smile and immediately put me at ease. She explained what she thought was the best treatment for me and what tests I would need to have re-done since it had been 4 years. When I had to have some fibroids removed she did my surgery and was thorough in explaining what she did and why she believed it necessary. She is compassionate and competent. I honestly have no complaints, she is positive that we will conceive again, and her positivity is contagious.
If you want someone with a warm bedside manner she is the person to see.
Dr. Neithardt was warm and kind. She knew that I had previously gone through fertility treatments, and that my first child died after being born prematurely. She was sensitive to my loss, and on the two visits when I had to bring my living daughter she was patient and kind. She is so positive about my chances of getting pregnant that even our failed cycle felt like another step in success. Fingers crossed!
I am clomid resistant, so we de used to use Letrizol again (it worked to conceive my daughter.) We started at the same dose used to conceive my daughter, but with my recent weight loss I responded too well for IUI (6 follicles) so we cancelled that cycle. My most recent cycle with the lowest dose of Letrizol produced 2 follicles, we did two sessions of IUI after a trigger shot. Unfortunately we were not successful. I am starting the next round of baseline appointments and Letrizol (same low dose) in two days. Here’s hoping!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Damaris Rivera)
Every PA, Nurse Practitioner, Care Coordinator, and Nurse I have interacted with has been kind and competent. My patient care coordinator responds to all of my questions in a timely manner and thoroughly.
I have insurance that covers most fertility treatments, so I have a $20 copay per visit and an additional cost for each lab. So far I am probably in $480 in copays and lab payments since April.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I had only positive things to say about this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE-Wilimington] after my first experience with them (IVF stimulation & retrieval and one FET). They worked well as a team, tried to accommodate my needs as much as possible, were always friendly, etc. By the time I was working with them again 1.5 - 2 years later, there had been some changes in their internal structure and processes which unfortunately caused a few problems for me as a patient.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Neithardt was the best thing about working with this clinic. It's rare that I've found a doctor so respectful and happy to work with her patient (participatory medicine) as her, even when I consider non-fertility related areas of medicine. It is very important to me to fully understand my treatment plans and how each piece works. I also want my own ideas to be fully considered and either incorporated into the plan, or to have someone explain why that idea does not apply. Furthermore, I have run into some complications which cannot be fully explained by any of the testing performed, and Dr. Neithardt had the experience as well as the common-sense approach to work with me on how to approach these things - most doctors, in my experience, will not do this if they cannot see conclusive objective proof (such as a lab test result).
Ask every question you can think of and keep asking until you get an answer that makes sense to you. Take advantage of working with a doctor who will make sure you understand and are on the same page.
Dr. Neithardt always clearly remembered all relevant details of my history and treatment plan whenever we met. Additionally, she took every concern or question I had seriously and treated me as a partner in my care, not a subject under her rule.
I have done one retrieval cycle with Dr. Neithardt. This was a light stim, because I had some indicators that I would be a good responder (age and ovarian reserve were in my favor). On this protocol I only did about half the dosages, injections once a day instead of twice, etc. We wanted to avoid having a large number of "extra" embryos so this approach worked for us. In the end we still had a high number - 21 mature eggs, 19 fertilized, 15 made it to day 5/6 blastocyst. Having had a trisomy miscarriage in the past, we chose to freeze all embryos and do PGS testing. Due to cost, we could only afford to test 8 embryos at the time but had the remaining 7 biopsied for later testing if needed. Of the 8, 2 came back non-viable which is typical. I needed a hysteroscopy before transferring, so about 2 months after retrieval I was able to do my first FET. We used a Lupron protocol. I did have to push back the transfer by one week because my lining was not thick enough at the first check, but we added a half pill of estrogen vaginally (in addition to the oral doses) and it was ok a week later. That transfer resulted in my daughter. I went for weekly ultrasounds through week 10 or 11 at the clinic then fully transitioned to my OB. About a year and half after having my daughter we were ready to try again. We worked with Dr. Neithardt, repeating a saline sonogram and mock transfer. We agreed to follow the same protocol that worked the first time, the only change was adding the vaginal estrogen earlier since we knew I needed it before. I became pregnant but the numbers / trends were all over the place and I ultimately miscarried. We had a D&E done to test the fetal remains and unfortunately could not find a clear cause. The fetus was genetically normal and no physical causes could be found. This is where I really appreciated Dr. Neithardt - I have a complicated medical history including several autoimmune diseases. We retested for additional diseases that would be known to cause this type of problem, and the results were negative. However, Dr. Neithardt and I trusted our gut instincts that this is somehow related and discussed how we might change the protocol. We theorize that my body is rejecting the pregnancy and cutting off bloodflow, causing it to terminate. It took a few months for my body to be ready for another try but we eventually began another cycle. This time we added prednisone to further suppress my immune system. I again became pregnant and the numbers all appeared robust. Unfortunately, at my 6 week ultrasound we discovered the gestational sac had continued growing but the fetus had not. I had another D&E but this time I could not emotionally handle doing more testing on the fetal remains. Dr. Neithardt agreed with my husband and I that there wasn't likely any information to gain from testing any remains, if any could even be identified, which gave us a modicum of peace on the issue. She still feels that this may be an autoimmune response (as do I) and suggests another cycle include both the prednisone as well as Lovenox, a blood thinner to try to prevent clotting to the fetus. However, at that point I was relocated for work to another state and we have not yet decided if we or when we will pursue more transfers.
Most of the nursing staff at this practice is very nice to work with. There are always the exceptions - a new nurse who told me to go to the bathroom before my appointment then found out I needed to provide a urine sample before we could perform my test that day which caused a delay, for example. My most frequent frustration was when a nurse would answer a question based on the typical protocol even when I knew there was an unusual factor in my case and I wanted to escalate the question to my doctor. I eventually was given instructions for how to handle those questions to my satisfaction. The staff was interested in my comfort, tried to answer my questions fully to the best of their knowledge, and tried to be as comforting as they could when we discovered my losses. That experience in particular stuck with me because my first loss had been when I was seeing a different provider and they had been very distant and clinical when I was completely disoriented and heartbroken.
I had only positive things to say about this clinic after my first experience with them (IVF stimulation & retrieval and one FET). They worked well as a team, tried to accommodate my needs as much as possible, were always friendly, etc. By the time I was working with them again 1.5 - 2 years later, there had been some changes in their internal structure and processes which unfortunately caused a few problems for me as a patient. They were still friendly and usually accommodating, but their internal communications had broken down at times. This caused me some frustrations trying to reconcile the plan my doctor and I had laid out with the actual steps being performed as well as some issues after my losses regarding medication decisions (due to other medical issues, I wasn't doing well with the "normal" protocol and needed my doctor to give personalized instructions). It was not a terrible experience, but when it happened twice in the span of a few months even after I discussed my concerns with everyone involved, I began to question how well I could work with them if we decide to try again in the future.
I was lucky to have excellent insurance so my only costs were for genetic screening, medications, freezing and thawing costs, and $10 visit copays. I paid about $450 plus copays for a frozen transfer cycle. I no longer have this insurance, and when I inquired about the out of pocket costs I was told that their fee is $4,500 for one FET cycle (not including retrieval which I had done previously).
I was only willing to transfer one embryo at a time anyway, as were my other care providers, so this was not an issue for me.

2010 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Neithardt was amazing. She took time to explain all procedures, including pictures, and answer any questions. She always came to the waiting room to greet us and was as honest as she could be knowing all that she did. With all of the appointments that we had, she could not be present for all of them, but the staff was sure to mention any discussions they had with the doctor in the meantime. It made me feel like she really cared and wanted to do right by us, whether she could see us face to face or not.
The clinic [RAD] is large with many nurses, techs, doctors, and patients. I would tell people to not let that intimidate them. It’s large because they are the BEST! There is always someone there to take care of your needs. Smiles and friendly faces are around every corner. The practice does what is best for you; whatever will keep you and your fertility safe and sound. They can be conservative but in a good way. Whatever decisions are made, are done as a team and you know they have your best interests at heart.
2010 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
One piece of advice I would give would be to be upfront and honest with her about everything. Medical history, mental and emotional state, hopes and fears, they are all important. Dr. Neithardt wants to know these things in order to best care for people.
I felt like a human. DR. Neithardt always used my first name when addressing me. She was always friendly and reassuring while still maintaining a realistic outlook. She remembered me, or at least took the time to review my chart, after not seeing her for about 6.5 years. There was no judgment or condescension. She was professional and respectful of my wishes to expand our family. I would highly recommend her to anyone I know.
Dr. Neithardt was concerned about hyper stimulation during IVF. She used a mini stimulation protocol that started with clomid. It worked for us because we did not stimulate too much and were able to do a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Rhonda wright)
They staff always talked to me as if we were old friends. They were upfront and honest and relied on medical information and team decisions to guide my treatment. My coordinator was fantastic and timely with all responses and scheduling. Being able to leave any member of the staff a message over their portal not only gave me reassurance but also confidence in the knowledge of the staff. They always responded in a timely manner with as much information as possible.
The clinic is large with many nurses, techs, doctors, and patients. I would tell people to not let that intimidate them. It’s large because they are the BEST! There is always someone there to take care of your needs. Smiles and friendly faces are around every corner. The practice does what is best for you; whatever will keep you and your fertility safe and sound. They can be conservative but in a good way. Whatever decisions are made, are done as a team and you know they have your best interests at heart.
Honestly, we were concerned with cost about everything but it was manageable and comparable to other clinics. They were always good about trying to make connections and coverage happen with insurance or any possible discounts.
I understand why doctors perform single transfers rather than multiple. Our practice only did single transfers unless you completed multiple failed Trabsfer attempts. I appreciate the concern for me all while trying to help me get pregnant in the safest way possible.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. K {Kovalevsky] preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!... Dr. K always listened to my concerns and would adjust treatment accordingly. He also was amazing about getting back to me. He would often do phone conferences during the same day to ensure all my questions were answered.
The clinic [RAD] did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time.... Mari Esquillin was absolutely amazing! I cannot speak more highly of her. She was so quick to answer request and guenuinely cared for each patient. As for other IVF coordinators, some lacked good bed side manner. It seemed like they gave you a the standard message they give everyone. They were great about getting back to you it you had questions.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Do not be afraid of discussing all of your options as Dr. K will weigh all the pros and cons regarding them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
I felt like Dr. K treated me like a human however the clinic did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time. At that point I felt more like a number and did not feel the individual care.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
Dr. K preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillin )
They are great communicators! They will often get back to you immediately. At times though they can be not that sensitive to your situation. For example, I waS was told my pregnancy test was negative over a voicemail and the nurse yawned during the middle of the voicemail. As much as I am sure this is their norm it was devistating to me. So staff fall into the “this is our norm”, but other staff go above and beyond for your needs!
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Insurance covered a large percentage, but about $5000 out of pocket.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Although Dr. K did not prefer to use multiple embryo transfer after two failed cycles with unknown causes he allowed us to engage in multiple embryo transfer. He made his concerns known respectfully but did not deny us of our request.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

Having come from another clinic, I can say that RAD is ten times better. The online portal is an amazingly easy way to keep in touch, ask those questions you think don’t quite warrant a call, and keep track of both your paperwork and your appointments. There are lots of faces, so my advice would be to prepare yourself to get adjusted to that. However, I have yet to come across a staff member I didn’t like.
I met with Dr. Neithardt on my first visit and met with her for quite awhile. We discussed my needs, concerns, and questions. Dr. Neithardt explained each of my options at length and never seemed as though she was in a rush. Following each unsuccessful IUI, we discussed options moving forward. I found her to be professional and kind during each visit. She truly seemed to care about finding the right treatment plan for me, and it seemed genuine. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Neithardt.
Bring a notepad and take notes. She gives you a lot of information to digest, which is good!
Dr. Neithardt took the time to meet with me, go over my test results, and explain my options in detail. I truly felt as if she was determined to help me make the best treatment decisions in light of my needs and financial considerations. She has been extremely kind and professional throughout my treatment.
We began with a medicated iui cycle with donor sperm, as it seemed to be the most economical with no known fertility issues. When that was not successful, we tried two inseminations in one cycle, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately, that did not work. Now, we are debating between ivf and iui. As always, cost is a major factor. Dr. Neithardt truly understands that and has been supportive throughout.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Damaris (care coordinator) )
I have found all staff at RAD to be a pleasure to work with. All have been professional and friendly. There are so many of them, but they seem eager to help their patients succeed and seem to share in their pain when they do not.
Self-pay iui cycle $1760 plus medication (including trigger and suppositories) and cost of donor sperm. Some copays/coinsurance related to some of the diagnostic procedures, which were covered by insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Our coordinator [at RAD- Newark] is very helpful in answering questions and providing us answers to questions she does not have the answers to. She responds in a few hours and always in the same day. She explained the cost of IVF and offered ways for us to save money on the drugs... Our clinic is clean, modern, and very welcoming. The front desk staff are happy to see us and are attentive. The entire office works well together and we always feel that they are operating at a high level during our appts. We are not rushed through and after procedures they take time to mak sure we are ok. I cannot think of any weaknesses
Dr. Neidhart took time to thoroughly explain our procedure and answered all of our questions. She even listened and allowed us to try things that we researched on our own. We felt like we were apart of the process and not just another source of income for the clinic
Make sure to ask the Dr. to further explain anything that you need more information on. Question why she is choosing certain treatments so you are more comfortable with the process
Dr. Neidhart is wonderful! She too ample time to sit with us during scheduled appts as well as unscheduled ones when we just had questions. She is caring, honest, and has a positive outlook on our fertility journey. She never made us feel like we could not have a baby
I had a hysteroscopy to remove a cyst in my ovary. I also have a fibroid pushing on my bladder and Dr. Neidhart did not wish to remove it now because it wasn't a priority for my fertility. I had a sonogram to check my tubes, my uterus, and to see how fertile I am to increase my chances of having a baby. My partner was given HCG treatments to increase his testosteron and sperm count because we did not want to use donor sperm. We also discussed waiting 3-6 months for his sperm count to increase so that we had a greater chance of havin a biological child. We did dna testing as well which eased our minds about our own bodies and possible genetic diseases that could be passed on to our child. The RAD clinic went over my drug protocol with us and said that it was an agressive approach due to my age and egg reserve but they felt that it was a good protocol to produce a live birth. I have not currently undergone an IVF cycle as we are waiting for my partner's sperm count to be at a level that Dr. Neidhart feels is acceptable for us to have the most success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna Yarusso)
Our coordinator is very helpful in answering questions and providing us answers to questions she does not have the answers to. She responds in a few hours and always in the same day. She explained the cost of IVF and offered ways for us to save money on the drugs
Genetic testing was $200 each. Office visits are covered under insurance so the copay is $45 My surger was $12,000 covered under insurance less my $1,400 deductible Blood test was $1,100
Our doctor believes in only 1 embryo transferred per ivf cycle as this will produce the highest success rates for a live birth. I agree 100%

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I had to suggest treatment protocols [to Dr. Kovalevsky]. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it.
I received countless calls [from Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game...It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming...If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I had to suggest treatment protocols. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it. I have never in my 24 years of getting pap smears had to repeat one due to Dr. failure. He never agreed with any of the "controversial" procedures I brought up and had a physical appearance about him as if I was foolish to even suggest it. I'm not sure what has transpired with him since our successful pregnancy back in 2013, but he has since left the practice.
Choose another practice. If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
We were with this clinic on two different occasions. Once with our 4 year old son. The clinic and Dr. K were amazing. We conceived via IUI. We started for a sibling in 2016 and started with IUI's and moved to IVF. The feeling at the clinic was VERY different. It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming.
Nothing was tweaked in any of my cycles. When I questioned why were doing the same thing over and over again (quoting Einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result) He said that we DID try something else, namely the ERA that I suggested. I kept begging them to look into why my progesterone was so low and they did nothing about it. They offered no explanation as to why I kept losing my pregnancies, Dr. K made it seem that I just need to keep doing it, because it would eventually result in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse and Amy Miller)
Dorri was great. She showed compassion and professionalism. Amy Miller was cold and abrupt. The nursing staff has changed so much over the years and NOT in a good way. They have no compassion for their patients. In fact one of my favorite nurses (from our successful pregnancy) at one point apologized with her eyes rolling for taking so long during an appt because the prior patient had SO MANY questions. I found that very unprofessional and hurtful.
The treat you as an number on a conveyor belt. There is no compassion and no love for their jobs. I received countless calls with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game.
There were times I was asked to pay thousands of dollars only to find out later that I did not. The bilk you for everything you have with nothing to show for it. I did have insurance coverage which I was grateful for, however it at times was a complete nightmare
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Neithardt is patient, honest, compassionate, and knowledgable. She takes the time to explain everything in a way that can be understood. She makes sure her patients are as comfortable as they can be in stressful circumstances.... She recommended IVF at that point, which we agreed was the best course of action. Based on my age and health, we did mini-stim IVF. After the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding appropriately, so we reset while my embryos were frozen (5 day). A couple months later we did the transfer and it was successful.
They [Reproductive Associates of DE] have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.... Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork.
Be open and honest with her, she is willing to listen.
She took the time to answer all questions, no matter how small or silly. She made small talk and really acted like she was invested in our success.
We tried clomid, then letrazole (I think) initially, but my body wasn’t properly responding, so we cancelled the cycle. Because we were self-pay at the time, she explained that we could keep trying with the medications or potentially try IUI, but the likelihood of success was small and we would quickly exhaust our funds. She recommended IVF at that point, which we agreed was the best course of action. Based on my age and health, we did mini-stim IVF. After the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding appropriately, so we reset while my embryos were frozen (5 day). A couple months later we did the transfer and it was successful. I’m currently in a new cycle. I had the transfer one week ago and am waiting on the results.
Sometimes the wait was a bit long, but every person I encountered was friendly, caring, and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.
They have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.
See previous comment on the clinic.
Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork. My new insurance is covering my second round, and I paid an approximately $1,400 copay, not including medication, which came to about $30.00
We weren’t given a choice; RAD only performs single embryo transfers. I would have liked a choice after the risks were explained, although I understand their approach.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
From our first visit, I felt as if she was a member of our family. She was very open and honest about our options. She was extremely thorough and broke everything down step by step. ... I suffered and ectopic pregnancy after failing to get pregant for years. Dr. Neightheart [Neithardt] provided me with a list of required testing. Based off the results of those tests, we were given the option of attempting ivf with either my own eggs or donor eggs.
It [RAD] is operated like a well oiled machine. The love, compassion, understanding and personal touch that every patient receives is truly heart warming. ... My coordinator is wonderful. She is available to answer any questions and has taken the time to email me or call after hours. The entire staff is wonderful. ...When I suffered my loss, my doctor and the nurses cried with us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
From our first visit, I felt as if she was a member of our family. She was very open and honest about our options. She was extremely thorough and broke everything down step by step. I am so very thankful that I found her.
Bring a notebook to your appointment. You will leave with a lot of information and it’s best to have everything written down so you can review it all without forgetting everything you’ve heard.
The entire RAD staff is loving and compassionate. When I suffered my loss, my doctor and the nurses cried with us. My doctor was very optimist about moving forward with a solid treatment plan and was very gental in allowing us with as much time as we needed to grieve. She has personally reached out to me several times to check up on me and offer support.
I suffered and ectopic pregnancy after failing to get pregant for years. Dr. Neightheart provided me with a list of required testing. Based off the results of those tests, we were given the option of attempting ivf with either my own eggs or donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Damaris )
My coordinator is wonderful. She is available to answer any questions and has taken the time to email me or call after hours. The entire staff is wonderful. They have even stayed during their lunch break to provide me with prenatal vitamins.
I am please to say that I do not think my clinic has any weaknesses. It is operated like a well oiled machine. The love, compassion, understanding and personal touch that every patient receives is truly heart warming.
14,000. For one round of ivf. Not including medications. With insurance all fertility testing was roughly 800.00.
I would like the ability to do multiple embryos per transfer given my age.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kovalesky made my husband and I feel like we mattered. He was very blunt in his teachings, yet, recognized the how difficult of a diagnosis this was to receive.... He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility [Reproductive Associates of Delaware]. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time.... There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kovalesky was extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this, especially after so much heartache throughout the other unsuccessful treatments.
Appreciate his honesty. He tells it like it is without being abrupt and insensitive. He has a strong sense of compassion all while being honest along the way.
When it came time for our IVF consult, he hit the nail on the head when predicting the number of (mature) eggs I'd most likely have, the number of embryos we'd most likely have, and gave a us good percentage of the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy. All his numbers were incredibly accurate, and we are now 17 weeks pregnant with our first child. I couldn't be more appreciative of his concern and care throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna Reynolds)
There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process, along with working with my busy work schedule while making appointments.
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time. They all showed amazing compassion and care throughout the treatments.
IVF with genetic testing: $16,500 (roughly) *not including medications which were about $3500-$5500

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions.... These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
My experience with Dr Kovalevsky was beyond phenomenal! After 10 years of having the same undiagnosed problems I was referred to RAD. It only took him a few visits and test to figure out what the problem was! I was treated and on to the process of becoming a mother. I appreciate him so much for giving me the answers that I longed for! He was so compassionate, caring, and yet straightforward! He is what I’ve needed for so long and I am so proud to call him my fertility doctor! He’s the best hands down and I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
One piece of advise I would give is to have all your questions written down so you won’t forget anything, but don’t worry because he will answer each and every one them!
I felt like a human each and every time we visited the clinic because they care and it shows from the moment you walk in the door.
He performed a much needed surgery that helped my menstrual cycle get back on track! Afterwards I was placed on birth control to help regulate things. My fertility treatment plan was delayed and will pick up in a few months. But we have still remained in contact and kept everything on track.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller and Mari E.)
These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner. If it’s something they don’t know off hand they do everything they can to find out for you. I absolutely enjoy all of them at every visit!
This clinic is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions. They are a wonderful group of people and look forward to every appointment.
I was obligated to pay my copays. I also had to pay for some testing until I reached my deductible. I paid for storage fees as well.
I asked this question and the answer I received was right on point. I understood the reasoning for eSET, and to me it just made since. I want nothing more than a healthy, successful pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

My experience as a patient of Dr. McGuirk thus far is beyond measure. She has always kept our best interest at heart. When we had a miscarriage in 2016, we changed our plan and removed my uterine septum first, now we are our on first round of letrozole with injection. Dr. McGuirk has always been very up front and explained the process in detail to us, answered all our questions and is genuinely concerned about me and our future children's well being. A outstanding doctor and expert.
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility [Reproductive Associates of DE] I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.... The nursing department is excellent. They answers questions very quickly and have always been friendly to me and my husband
Be prepared for the honest truth.
I have enjoyed working with Dr. McGuirk and her staff through my infertility journey thus far. Dr. McGuirk removed a uterine septum in 2017 and before I had even woke up from the anesthesia she went out to the waiting room and sat with my mother and husband and explained every thing that was done during the procedure. Such a relief to my family.
When we first met with Dr. McGuirk, the plan was go undergo some tests to find out if my tubes were open, etc. When my husband and I got pregnant unexpectedly, we changed to the plan to remove my uterine septum and start trying to conceive shortly thereafter. After trying for 7 months and no luck we have now moved to ovulation meds and are working on the first cycle of that.
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility. I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.
The costs are based on your insurance coverage. Infertility treatment isn't cheap.
2014 - 2018
Dr. Kovalevsky is a smart and brilliant doctor just his bedside are lacking. He wouldn't give you hope on the procedure itself, sometimes I left the office asking my husband "so wait what does he want to do"... My first round of retrieval, he used the minimum low dosage of medication, when before it was to end I was called by another doctor to tell me the medicine wasn't doing its job and I looked like a 40 year old woman and not a 28 year old. Round two of medicine worked better and cost more but I wish he would have sat down and ask us what we wanted to do.. 2 Rounds of medicine was hard on both of us.
The PA's in that office [Reproductive Associates of DE] are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
2014 - 2018
I would have a meeting with all the doctors in the office
As Dr. Kovalevsky is a very good doctor in what he does, very intelligent, his bedside manners are lacking and just makes you feel like just another patient and not a person going through something you never imaged as a little girl.
The nurses are wonderful, they are very heartwarming with is really nice when to go through this process.
The PA's in that office are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
I never had to be monitored for anything. So far everything has come back it has not worked.
Our whole process at this time is about $20,000 that includes medications
I only had one transfer that was not successful and I wish we had more embryos to fall back on.
2014 - 2017
Dr. Kovalevsky is truly knowledgeable and greatly experienced. He was always clear about what to expect and what may happen as well as numbers regarding possibilities related to certain complications, success rate and such. We felt very comfortable after talking with him about our concerns, plans and more. ... Dr. Kovalevsky always explained everything we asked very well and respected our thoughts and concerns.
Strengths: great team [RAD] and reliable doctors. Embryologists seem to be very skilled which is extremely important! Weaknesses: some of the staffs and nurses are not friendly. Overall, great fertility clinic and we do trust them very much! ... Most of the nurse practitioners are very good, but I felt unsure when I had unexperienced ones. There are several great NPs. Nurses are very nice and friendly in general. They are easy to communicate by the portal.
2014 - 2017
Dr. Kovalevsky is truly knowledgeable and greatly experienced. He was always clear about what to expect and what may happen as well as numbers regarding possibilities related to certain complications, success rate and such. We felt very comfortable after talking with him about our concerns, plans and more. When we relocated to several states away after the first transfer (with a live birth!) and needed to find a local reliable fertility doctor/clinic for monitoring before and after the second transfer, he was willing to provide a contact information of a doctor he could recommend. He also let us choose to do transfers with him or with the new local doctor. We chose to keep our frozen embryos with his office and fly back to RAD for two more transfers so far and we are now proud to be parents of two beautiful children!
Just ask any kind of questions without hesitation. He will answer to any of them with the most current information!
For frozen embryo transfer, lupron-esterase protocol: start lupron 1 month before transfer (20 unit), stop pill on day 7, decrease lupron to 10 unit and start esterase (dose gradually increased), add vaginal lupron on 10 days before transfer. For the last 5 days before transfer, additional doxycycline, medrol and progesterone (50 mg IM.) Progesterone and esterase to be continued until pregnancy test. Progesterone to be continued if become pregnant until week 13.
Strengths: great team and reliable doctors. Embryologists seem to be very skilled which is extremely important! Weaknesses: some of the staffs and nurses are not friendly. Overall, great fertility clinic and we do trust them very much!
Don't remember well but I believe we spent about $12500 including medications, but we added many additional options such as PGS testing and embryoscope.
At this clinic, they do basically only eSET to increase chance of pregnancy, as well as to decrease chance of complications during pregnancy.

2006 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I had to start with surgery to remove cysts again, then we monitored my cycle with ultra sounds and blood work [with Dr. George Kovalevsky]. The first 3 times we tried just the trigger shot ( I was not to emotional) and intercourse and then finally we tried trigger shot and IUI!!! Success on the first try!!!...he was always available to answer any questions I had and before he would do a procedure, he would explain everything and make sure I was ready before starting.
RAD is a well maintained, trained, and experienced clinic. The whole process from making the consult apt to your 12wk ultrasound apt when they release you to your OB is a smooth transition. Each doctor has its own coordinators so they have a connection with every patient. When you call if you need billing department, or just to talk to a nurse they are there and willing to help with anything.
2006 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My experience with Dr. K was great, he explained everything in terms and ways that I could understand not just in medical terms. He was always down to earth and we could joke around and laugh at every visit.
Dr. K is a human being and he is there to help you, just relax and think of him as a friend.
Dr. K was great, he was always available to answer any questions I had and before he would do a procedure, he would explain everything and make sure I was ready before starting.
Well when I first started with him with my first husband, we had a lot of set backs, surgeries to remove cysts and then my divorce. Then with my second husband, I had to start with surgery to remove cysts again, then we monitored my cycle with ultra sounds and blood work. The first 3 times we tried just the trigger shot ( I was not to emotional) and intercourse and then finally we tried trigger shot and IUI!!! Success on the first try!!!
The nursing staff at RAD is awesome, you can tell that they all care about helping individuals grow a family.
Well it was mostly all billed medically to my insurance, but I did have to pay about 1000$ for copays, certain treatments, and then about 1500$ for medication with the treatment for when I had my son.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. George Kovalevsky] Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant.
Clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!...All the nurses, coordinators and staff we excellent!!! They made me feel like I was there only patient!! And after seeing them almost everyday they felt like family!! We were extremely close!!! They helped with all the stress and anxiety I was going through! They were so compassionate!!!! Loved them all!!!
Wish I had an opportunity to meet all doctor's before going with Dr. Kovalevsky. Felt like I was just another paitent. He diegnosed me with pcos and then went over what we should do. Instead of telling me what plan we should go with he gave me two options, Surgery to see if anything was blocking tubes or to see poplips that they couldn't see during testing or iui. I am not a doctor and asked him what we thought we should do first and he stated it was up to us! He hyped up iui and told us our odds were higher if we did that vs. timed intercourse. We did three rounds of iui and never got pregnant. We only seen him 2 maybe three times. The first time for consultantion, the second for diagnosis and the third to go over options if the third iui didn't take. He stated to us that if the third iui didn't take we should look into ivf! Witch is extremely expensive and we had to ask our parents to help pay for the three iui's! While getting our third iui done I spoke with another doctor who was very helpful with pcos and expaibed that if this 3rd iui didn't take we should consider the surgery! With my pcos I don't have severe symptoms I just don't ovulate on my own and each iui cycle I ovulated and husband's sperm count was immaculate! Wanted to stop fertility treatments because I felt like Dr. Kovalevsky was just wasting our money! Big let down and very stressful! After my third iui I found out that I could switch doctor's! Excited to finally get the help we need!!
If you are one who likes options on what you want to do see him. If you are one who believes the doctor should tell you what needs to be done and the right path you should take see someone else. Also if you don't like to see your doctor through your treatments often Dr. Kovalevsky is the guy for you!
Seen him once before our three iui cycles for our consultantion and didn't see him again until the third cycle. Felt like we wasted our money! He kept us on the same plan for all three cycles when it didn't work the first time he didn't meet with us to try something else. Instead we did the same for all three iui and had the same results all three times no pregnancy!! Extremely frustrating and stress full!!
Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant. After the third iui he meet with us and stated we should do ivf next do to high secess rate. After speaking with another doctor there we found out that our case didn't need to do ivf!! Dr. Kovalevsky is all about ivf!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Maudi )
Clinic was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!
Over 8,000

Anovulation, Endometriosis
Dr. Kovalevksy took the time to get to know me and my husband before any treatment. He was blunt but kind and always gave me more information when asked. He understood the financial burdens that come with infertility and always gave honest opinion on what steps he would take and why. We didn't have our embryos screened because he told us it was not a necessity for our particular case. We were vulnerable and would have gladly given the money if he had answered differently. He gave us his personal cell phone number in case of emergency and was always available by phone or portal.
The clinic [Repro Assoc of DE] is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it...The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
He was very present and available to answer questions. We had confidence in him as a doctor. He was one of the doctors who performed my laparoscopic surgery and he went above and beyond to make sure everything was done to the best of their abilities. My surgery was more complicated than had been expected but he took extra time to correct issues within my body (scarring from endometriosis caused organs to be very misplaced and he corrected all of them).
He is blunt. On the first visit he seemed intimidating and overly confident. He is very funny when appropriate and has great bedside manner.
We did three letrazole cycles for IUI. After the third he told me we would switch up the meds or move on to IVF. We had already done two medicated cycles without IUI and he was confident that IVF was our best bet. We used the mini stim protocol for IVF. Mainly due to my age at the time (28) and the fear that I would overtime on higher meds as I produced a lot of follicles during IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright)
My coordinator was an actual angel. Mari went so far above my expectations that I am at a loss for words. She was my rock and always responded to me within 20 minutes and got things going when needed. Rhonda was my main PA and she was such a source of comfort and knowledge. This woman laughed with me and cried with me. She held my hand when needed and was like a fairy godmother. I loved these two women more than I can say. On the flip side, I didn't like the attitude of the front desk woman on the second floor suite who had short, white hair. She was frustrating and mean and just unpleasant. Luckily I got to see Gina at the front desk the most and she was always sweet and accommodating.
The clinic is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it.
It was a well oiled machine. You could go in between 6am and 12pm. I tended to be the first patient in the office due to my schedule. A lot of people would go to offices close to work to accommodate their schedules. I never waited more than 15 minutes, even on days that I showed up later (around 8). They let you do your blood work first if you aren't the first patient into a room which was nice. Rita (phlebotomist) was always friendly and efficient.
The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call. My medicated IUIs were under 2k including meds and daily monitoring (blood work and transvaginal u/s). My mini stim cycle was 11k plus $4000 for meds. I was able to get some donated meds and only paid $3600. After my positive pregnancy test (and two more to confirm the HcG was doubling appropriately) I had to pay for three of my ultrasounds ($60) out of 12 ultrasounds. All other copays were included with the cost of IUI and IVF.
He will not transfer more than one embryo if you are under 34 unless there is very good reason to suspect it is the only way to be successful. As IVF can cause many complications and puts you in the high risk category he does not like to add to possible complications unless well warranted.

Unexplained, Other
Dr. Bachman always took the time to explain our results and our treatment options in terms that my husband and I would understand. She is a very compassionate physician who makes you feel comfortable about asking questions and voicing your concerns... She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up.
RAD has a great portal system to keep track of your appointments and communicate with the staff. I wish that results had been available on the portal, however. I dealt a lot with Stephanie, the genetic counselor, and she was very helpful in explaining my diagnosis and providing resources...I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us.
Unexplained, Other
When seeing any fertility doctor, I recommend writing down questions before your appointment so you don't forget anything. Also, take notes during the appointment.
Dr. Bachman is such a warm and inviting person to speak to. She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up. The office staff also got to know my name and our story by the last few cycles we did there. We left this clinic due to a change in location.
I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us. We jumped at this opportunity pretty quickly after our initial consult. At the time, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. During the cycle, I had 52 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized and 9 blastocysts. Of those 9, 3 came back PGS "normal". At this point after looking at these PGS results and doing a karyotype on my husband and I, I was diagnosed with a chromosome abnormality which causes infertility and recurrent miscarriages. We transferred our 3 embryos with 3 separate transfers and none took. We also did 2 Clomid IUIs with good responses which also did not work. At this point, we have moved and started treatment at a more convenient location.
The nursing staff was friendly and knew our story and my name by the end of our time with them.
Our monitoring, meds and retrieval and first transfer costs were mostly covered except about $1800. the two additional transfers were about $4000 each. I had IUI coverage through my insurance so just $25 copays a visit.
As a NICU RN, I agree with eSETs as I have seen the risks that multiple gestation pregnancies can carry.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Bachman] was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand...Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed.
Every visit I felt like a person. Every staff member would take the time and explain to you what was going to happen, why they were doing what they were doing, and would talk to you throughout the procedures and let you know how they were doing.I always felt comfortable and welcome, like they actually wanted help and actually cared. The facilities are top notch every time you walk in...Theresa was amazing at getting answer to questions; because sometime the information was overwhelming and I would think of questions after the fact. She was also very quick in getting anything I needed. Doctor's notes for work, prescription orders, any blood work.
She was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand.
Listen to her from start to finish, she cares, and has you health and best interest at heart.
Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed. She answered all of our questions and even when she did not have the answer she would tell us that, then tell us what we could expect and when she could have the answer to the question that we asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keane)
My treatment cycle runs about $1700.00 per month with the 3rd month 1/2 price. Right now we have had to pause treatment so we could save up the money. My insurance covered diagnostics.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Fienburg really listened to our story and actually cared about our treatment. He was very thoughtful and honest about our odds of having a child... I was referred to dr. Feinburg after having blood test, hsg testing, and my husband doing testing for fertility by my obgyn doctor. At our first meeting with dr feinburg we went over the results and he stated it was male infertility factor. He then explained how it would look if we did iui treatment and the success rate. He then went over ivf treatment and states that he believed we would have a good chance at success with this.
Scheduleing is great. For blood work I was about to go before Work at 6:30 in the morning this made it so I did not have to use my vacation time at work. Also they [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are open on the weekend for monitoring appointments... Our coordinators name was dorri. She was great! She was very easy to talk to and very nice. She had our whole calendar ready and went over everything with us
Dr. Feinburg is a great listener. He asked about our fertility journey and actually cared. He answered all questions we had and was explained every test and next step in full detail. I would recommend him to anyone for treatment
Ask a lot of questions because he will always answer them
I was referred to dr. Feinburg after having blood test, hsg testing, and my husband doing testing for fertility by my obgyn doctor. At our first meeting with dr feinburg we went over the results and he stated it was male infertility factor. He then explained how it would look if we did iui treatment and the success rate. He then went over ivf treatment and states that he believed we would have a good chance at success with this. He then went over additional testing for my husband and the medications I would need to start taking. After this discussion we decided we were going to try to have a fresh transfer and he went through what our journey would look like
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri )
Scheduleing is great. For blood work I was about to go before Work at 6:30 in the morning this made it so I did not have to use my vacation time at work. Also they are open on the weekend for monitoring appointments
After insurance I still paid 10,000 dollars out of pocket for my treatment

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We [Dr. Emelia Bachman] started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps.
My two coordinators [at Reproductive Associates of DE] are always kind and promo with responding to me.... Strength- organized, everyone is kind, they work as a team to come up with a plan for each patient Weakness- it's a bigger practice so sometimes the wait times are longer... [monitoring appointments are] Pretty organized. I usually went first thing in the morning to avoid a long wait
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Bachman is amazing and there for you every step of the way. Even though I have not had a baby yet and had a lot of set backs she has adjusted treatment accordingly. She is kind and compassionate and a patient advocate. She truly wants to see me succeed with a healthy pregnancy
dont be afraid to ask questions
She is the kindest doctor I've ever met, took time to explain everything, and genuinely cares
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps. I've had 3 transfers (one fresh and two frozen) pgs testing was offered to me from the beginning but I chose not to do it then because I didn't have any risk factors. My first transfer ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks. My next transfer was unsuccessful. We the revisited the pgs testing and did that. Unfortunately my last transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. After that we did a recurrent loss workup with normal results. I am waiting on results from an endometrial receptivity aray. After that I will decide when to do my next transfer. I feel I need a little bit of a hormone free break and dr. Bachman is in full support of that. I have 5 embryos remaining and she remains hopeful that I will get pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dori and Amy )
My two coordinators are always kind and promo with responding to me.
With all of the treatments I've spent around 20,000

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Kovalevsky is very knowledgeable and explains procedures & risks well. I initially felt very comfortable with him but then as we moved further along into a second cycle I didn’t feel like there was a personal relationship at all with him. He would get very uncomfortable if I showed emotion & cried, only to ask me if I needed to see a therapist. Also, I worked at the same surgery center that he works at 1 day a week & I would say hello as I passed him in the hall & he wouldn’t even acknowledge me let alone remember I was his patient!
I feel as though this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.... All patients are put on the same cycle for monitoring & retrieval week. Usually you are seen by a PA or NP during monitoring but not always the same person.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He is very honest & blunt. He is knowledgeable but do not expect a warm & fuzzy demeanor.
First retrieval I was on follistim twice a day & low dose hcg. I responded quickly & was placed on ganirelix on day 4 of stim meds. Day 9 of the cycle Dr. K scanned me & told me I might get 4 eggs at best & asked if we wanted to cancel the cycle. I cried bc this was the first I was hearing about this! I ended up triggering that day for a retrieval on cycle day 11. A different doctor performed my retrieval and got 10 eggs! A lot more than 4! Ended up with 3 blastocysts.
I feel as though this clinic uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.
You are not always seen by the same provider so interpretation of labs as well as u/s results varied.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Bachman is extremely welcoming and detailed in the information she has been providing, including drawing diagrams to explain the processes and procedures in detail. I am still going through treatment and hope for a good outcome...The moment my Husband and I met Dr. Bachman, we instantly felt comforted by her outgoing, positive attitude. Anytime I meet with her, she greets me with a big hug. She is extremely thorough when going over treatment options and my plan of care.
Whenever I have questions regarding medicine, appointments and such, I can message my patient coordinator Theresa Keene through the website portal. I do see several P.A.'s during my monitoring and IUI treatments. I can also contact the billing department via the website portal as well....Dr. Bachman is extremely welcoming and detailed in the information she has been providing, including drawing diagrams to explain the processes and procedures in detail. I am still going through treatment and hope for a good outcome.
Ask questions! Do not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. If something has been on your mind, if you are confused by what you are being told, simply ask. She is happy to help.
I started IUI treatments in Sept. 2015. August 2015 was spent getting lots of blood work and testing (Sono and HSG). The Dr. could find nothing wrong with myself or my Husband after the conclusion of testing. The Dr. felt that I should start with IUI treatments with artificial insemination. I used Clomid followed by OvidreI did this for 3 cycles. Upon my 4th cycle, a cyst had grown on my right side from the Clomid, so I was required to take a month off from treatment until the cyst disappeared. In January I chose to take one more month off. I started my 4th cycle in Feb. 2016 using Follistim injection 75 units per day, along with my Ovidrel. The 4th cycle failed and I am currently in my 5th cycle with Follistim. I actually just received the call from my Dr. office to take my ovidrel this evening, followed by two days of IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene )
My overall experience has been wonderful. I will say there were a couple of times my appointment was labeled incorrectly. I had a monitoring appointment recently but my form and the P.A. thought I was being seen for my baseline monitoring and blood work.
With my insurance, I have unlimited IUI treatments I can utilize. I only have one lifetime max of $15,000 for IVF. In 2015 I paid a $50 for most visits as well as payments when my coinsurance kicked in. For 2016, I had to meet my $750 deductible, no copay and pay the coinsurance.
+ Read more- Read less

I had many test. Starting with the genetic work up between myself, my family and my partner. ... As a patient She [Dr. Neithardt] showed a lot of compassion for my situation not being able to conceive naturally. ... She had prescribed a tablet that had 3 three medications in one however that was denied by my insurance at the time. So she told me to take Folic Acid, a B vitamin and something else I can’t remember the name.
Every time I was in the office or received a call from the staff they were courteous, respectful and helpful. I recommend Reproductive Associates [of Delaware] to everyone. ... When I seen the IVF packages I knew I couldn’t afford even the lowest package which was $10,000. ... [Nursing Staff] Everyone was nice. ... Typically whenever I was seen at the office I paid the specialist co pay that my insurance allotted which was $50.
As I mentioned before Dr. Neithardt was very kind and sweet. As a patient She showed a lot of compassion for my situation not being able to conceive naturally. I always was seen by her and only her at the Wilmington office and she thoroughly listened to my wants and needs at every visit. When things didn’t go right She comforted me when I cried by giving me tissues and hugging my pain away. She’s an angel and truly an awesome woman inside and out. She was born to be a reproductive doctor. She’s has the heart for it. I just wish I could have afforded IVF so that we could have had a good outcome but that wasn’t the case and I still Thank and love her with my entire heart.
Be totally honest, respectful and patient. Also, keep a positive outlook on your situation and leave the rest to God and Dr. Neithardt. She’ll do her best to fulfill your needs.
Dr. Neithardt was very sweet, kind, patient and always professional with me. Her beautiful smile always gave me a sense of hope even when she was delivering news I didn’t want to hear. She tried her best to help me conceive naturally. She did every test that she could but they all displayed negative results. Although she wasn’t able to help me conceive naturally she offered me IVF but I found it too costly and I wasn’t able to afford.
I had many test. Starting with the genetic work up between myself, my family and my partner. She had prescribed a tablet that had 3 three medications in one however that was denied by my insurance at the time. So she told me to take Folic Acid, a B vitamin and something else I can’t remember the name. Then I had a procedure done in the office where she stuck a water or dyed filled tube up my vagina to my left Fallopian tube (only one I have) to see if it was occluded. We thought the water or dye went thru but she then ordered a sonogram to make sure. I went into Christiana Care outpatient and had the sonogram that couldn’t be completed because the tech and doctor wasn’t able to get the tube through Because my uterus was shifted. So she ordered a laposcopy (spellcheck) and did small incisions to thoroughly figure out the problem and she did my left tube was occluded that’s when I learned there would be no way for me to conceive naturally and IVF would be the only way.
Everyone was nice.
Nothing I felt you all did an awesome job. Every time I was in the office or received a call from the staff they were courteous, respectful and helpful. I recommend Reproductive Associates to everyone.
Typically whenever I was seen at the office I paid the specialist co pay that my insurance allotted which was $50. When I seen the IVF packages I knew I couldn’t afford even the lowest package which was $10,000.
I’ve never had shot or any IVF treatments yet.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Be prepared to have some decisions to make yourself- Dr. Feinberg's style of explaining pros and cons, risks and benefits, means that you may be left to make the ultimate decision about your treatment plan where there are equally good options available to you...Dr. Feinberg is both brilliant and compassionate. He is committed to understanding his patients' underlying diagnosis so that he can best tailor and personalize their treatment, while also using known evidence to support his decisions. He articulates clearly pros and cons of treatment options when they are available and involves patients in decision making. His gentle bedside manner was also reassuring at the time of stressful procedures. And he celebrates your successes with you.
Cycle of IVF with PGS [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was approximately $18000, including unlimited transfers of any embryos created and all monitoring and procedures...Strengths are small size, compassionate doctors who all seem to "know" your case no matter who you get. Office functions well- appts on time, friendly staff, easy to communicate with coordinator over email. Weakness- the person calling you with daily results and instructions is often non-clinical or at least doesn't seem to really know anything about you so are not prepared to answer your questions. They are more or less just a messenger. It was difficult to be receiving daily important instructions from someone whom I had never met and who didn't identify what their role was in the clinic.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I felt that everyone in the office, from the patient care coordinator to receptionist to physician, understood how hard our journey had been and how important each step of the way was for us
First IVF cycle was an agonist protocol with high doses of FSH however this was unsuccessful for us and we retrieved only a few, poor quality eggs that did not produce blastocyts. Second IVF cycle was using "ministim" and this much gentler approach resulted in our best cycle ever that ultimately resulted in pregnancy with transfer of a PGS normal embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Coordinator Donna Reynolds)
Amazing attention to detail, even for things that seemed important to me but may have been more miniscule details
Cycle of IVF with PGS was approximately $18000, including unlimited transfers of any embryos created and all monitoring and procedures
Strongly favors eSET
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Ronald Feinberg] was very honest and interested in what o had to say. He really seemed to care and took my opinion and past experiences into account. We only ran tests to try and find out if I was, as I put it, barren or not bit that's all we needed. He works with me to help find the problem!... I came to him with concerns about my ability to become pregnant after nearly a year and half of trying. I was unsure where to start and he was compassionate and understanding. He ordered multiple tests to understand my personal situation and how we could best go about my fertility.
I was a little confused with which office to visit for what as they aren't always in the same room [at Reproductive Associates of DE]. Other wise I can't complain. The rooms were clean, friendly, and welcoming. I never had a problem with the waiting room, bathroom, or anybody the exam rooms.... [Nurses were] Super friendly, helpful, and overall pleasant. They were knowledgeable and never rude or showing impatience. Answered any questions I had no .matter how silly I thought they were.
I came to him with concerns about my ability to become pregnant after nearly a year and half of trying. I was unsure where to start and he was compassionate and understanding. He ordered multiple tests to understand my personal situation and how we could best go about my fertility. I don't see him long so I don't have anything negative I recall such as weaknesses and that jazz. I only had positive experiences with him.
Do your research and make sure you have a list of questions ready for him to answer so you get all the information you want.
He was very honest and interested in what o had to say. He really seemed to care and took my opinion and past experiences into account. We only ran tests to try and find out if I was, as I put it, barren or not bit that's all we needed. He works with me to help find the problem!
All we did was test different ways to check my fertility. After the one test where they inject dye into your uterus to check your tubes, I was able to get pregnant. We believe it may have just been blocked tubes
I was a little confused with which office to visit for what as they aren't always in the same room. Other wise I can't complain. The rooms were clean, friendly, and welcoming. I never had a problem with the waiting room, bathroom, or anybody the exam rooms.
I remember my insurance not willing to pay for the services and the billing department worked with me to make it affordable! They were knowledgeable and friendly. Only wanting to help and not burden me with bills I couldn't pay so they helped find a way to make it work for me
We didn't have to do that.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Feinberg is blunt, honest and straight to the point. Some people may not be comfortable with this, but for me, it’s perfect! No beating around the bush, no need for me to question anything. I know what’s going on and what to expect!... I had a multitude of testing done when we first got started. I can’t remember the name of all the tests, but we found out I had endometriosis and tubal blockage. I had laparoscopic surgery to clear the endo. After healing, I started on drug therapy for egg retrieval.
The entire staff at RAD, from reception through to the doctors are welcoming, warm and treat you amazingly kindly... They see a lot of patients and it’s a big office which can be a bit overwhelming, but they really care and are amazing at what they do. They take the time to treat you as a person, not a number and are routing for you all way.... Dr. Feinberg is blunt, honest and straight to the point. Some people may not be comfortable with this, but for me, it’s perfect!
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Be prepared to hear the truth, even if it sounds a little harsh. He definitely wants to help and will do what it takes to get you to your end goal.
I had a multitude of testing done when we first got started. I can’t remember the name of all the tests, but we found out I had endometriosis and tubal blockage. I had laparoscopic surgery to clear the endo. After healing, I started on drug therapy for egg retrieval. During egg retrieval we ended up with 25 eggs, of which 18 we’re mature and 14 fertilized. Of those, only 8 became blastocysts. We chose not to test the embryos and to attempt a fresh transfer with the knowledge that they are less likely to implant. Unfortunately the first transfer did not work. After waiting the appropriate amount of time, we did drug therapy to prep my uterus and did a frozen transfer, we were lucky and ended up with a healthy baby girl.
They are sweet, kind and warm and take wonderful care of you.
Our insurance covered most of our treatment. The bulk of the cost was the medication and I believe that our overall cost was around $8,000 out of pocket
We felt eSET was the best option as it limited our chance for multiples

2013 - 2014
Dr. Bachman and all of the staff at RAD knew my name, my story, about my personal life etc. When I was having a hard time emotionally, they always took the time to talk or hug or whatever I needed...Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too...
The only confusing thing about RAD is that if you go to their office near to the hospital, they actually have offices on two floors. One is the regular office for bloodwork etc. and the second is for egg retrieval and IVF. This isn't super clear if you go for the first time on a Saturday! The Wilmington office is smaller and I found it easier to navigate and less stressful...
2013 - 2014
Dr. Bachman was wonderful and warm. She was also thorough and knowledgeable. Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too.
Be honest about how you're feeling and ask questions.
I did a series of tests at first that led Dr. Bachman to believe that there might be a leak in one of my fallopian tubes. She performed a laproscopic surgery to assess whether or not it could be fixed or if needed to be removed. Luckily, the tube was a wonky shape causing it to look like it was leaking in the tests, but it did not require any additional work. Afterwards, she started me on letrozole and ovidrel. Letrozole because my family has a history of breast cancer and it has less of a side effect. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the letrozole after two cycles and we discontinued in favor of clomid. I did three cycles of clomid with ovidrel which was successful on the third round. I also had a progesterone supplement which i continued to use throughout my first trimester.
The nursing staff at RAD was great. I went to the smaller satellite office in Wilmington and the folks there were friendly and compassionate.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatments. I believe I had about a $25 charge with each standard bloodwork/monitoring appointment and about $50 for other more intensive appointments.

2008 - 2013
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He was very knowledgeable and upfront about what I could expect. He was compassionate during my losses and never rushed me to make decisions. ... I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Kovalevsky. ... Dr. K advocated single transfer and we agreed. ... We then moved to donor eggs with my then-husband’s sperm. 5 attempts and we were unsuccessful - 1 chemical and two miscarriages
They [RAD] are extremely organized. This place runs like a well oiled machine driven by compassionate and loving people. You will feel like family! They are EXPERTS and they won’t short cut anything. They are driven to succeed for you. I felt very supported. ... Tiffany Testa [nurse] is now a good friend. My journey became part of her life and she never let me lose hope.
2008 - 2013
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Kovalevsky. He was very knowledgeable and upfront about what I could expect. He was compassionate during my losses and never rushed me to make decisions.
Ask lots of questions, be your own best advocate. He will be a great leader on your journey!
He is compassionate, knowledgeable, and straightforward.
On my first cycle of treatment we attempted a stimulated IVF. On even the hightest if doses, I only produced 3 eggs. We tried an IUI which resulted in a MC at 8 weeks due to chromosome abnormalities. We then moved to donor eggs with my then-husband’s sperm. 5 attempts and we were unsuccessful - 1 chemical and two miscarriages. We moved to donor embryo which was successful with his partner Dr. F. We didn’t switch away from him on purpose it was just a scheduling thing. We loved Dr. K!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Tiffany Testa )
Tiffany Testa is now a good friend. My journey became part of her life and she never let me lose hope.
They are extremely organized. This place runs like a well oiled machine driven by compassionate and loving people. You will feel like family! They are EXPERTS and they won’t short cut anything. They are driven to succeed for you. I felt very supported.
Oh my! Well it isn’t cheap that’s for sure. But they tell you everything upfront. Mo surprises at all. I had great insurance and was able to stretch my coverage a long way. In the end,after all was done I think we spent about 60k but that was including 35k for the donor eggs alone and 6 years of treatments and surgeries and meds.
Dr. K advocated single transfer and we agreed.

2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Feinberg was very knowledgeable about his profession and described the process, the risks (including the risk of disappointment), and everything we needed to know in detail. He is a nice, caring man... The first round of IVF resulted in pregnancy. When that pregnancy ended suddenly and early we had a second unsuccessful round. The third and last round led to a full term pregnancy. In each round multiple embryos were transplanted to increase the odds with full knowledge that there may be multiple births. Both of the pregnancies resulted in twins.
The clinic [Reproductive Assoc of DE] was very busy at the time I was a patient. Sometimes it seemed I was just cycled through, but that was only when I had to go in several times a week for blood draws. During the actual process your coordinator keeps in touch with you and is available for questions. After pregnancy is confirmed and you're nearing the end of the first trimester you are referred back to your OB to continue care. I would have liked it if the clinic had checked in during the pregnancy to see how you were doing, but they didn't.
2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He does not hesitate so be prepared to hear the truth if the news is not good.
He and his team understood why we were seeking his help and was candid through-out the process. Dr. Feinberg was always nice. During my time there it was a busy place with a lot of patients cycling in and out for blood tests so sometimes it seemed we were on an assembly line. No fault of anyone, it was just busy.
I remember that I was referred to Dr. Feinberg for IVF by another doctor in the practice after fertility drugs did not work so by the time I met Dr. Feinberg IVF was the last course of treatment. Once I met him he described the process and began to schedule and institute the procedures. The first round of IVF resulted in pregnancy. When that pregnancy ended suddenly and early we had a second unsuccessful round. The third and last round led to a full term pregnancy. In each round multiple embryos were transplanted to increase the odds with full knowledge that there may be multiple births. Both of the pregnancies resulted in twins.
The nurses were great and patient. As I stated earlier at the time I was a patient it was a very busy practice so sometimes it was an assembly line when multiple patients came in for the blood tests.
The clinic was very busy at the time I was a patient. Sometimes it seemed I was just cycled through, but that was only when I had to go in several times a week for blood draws. During the actual process your coordinator keeps in touch with you and is available for questions. After pregnancy is confirmed and you're nearing the end of the first trimester you are referred back to your OB to continue care. I would have liked it if the clinic had checked in during the pregnancy to see how you were doing, but they didn't.
I only remember co-pays. Insurance covered all of my procedures so I did not have many out of pocket costs.
We understood the approach of multiple embryo transfer and were willing to accept the possibility of multiple births. One of the reasons this approach was selected was due to my advancing age and wanted to increase the odds of success.

2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level.... I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be.... If you have questions ASK THEM! There is a reason for everything and if you don’t understand he will explain it.
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.... Rhonda is an amazing lady. I probably would not have made it through all of this without her. She was my rock.
2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level. Not sure about everyone else but much of what is going on through all of this is foreign to me and he made it understandable. I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be. As frighten as I was about all of the treatments and whether this was going to work or not listening to his explanations put my mind at ease. Well as much ease as you can have when going through such an important emotional time in your life. I recommend him to anyone that will listen. I tell them my story and how happy I was that I found him and from that meeting I have my amazing son. I will be forever grateful. There are not enough words to describe how much this experience changed not only my life but my whole outlook on life itself. I had to grow up a lot good big through something like this. I never knew anyone who had dealt with infertility before so having a doctor that was able to help me on my level was exactly what I needed. I hope to see him again some day. Maybe we can give it another go and get my son the sibling he has been asking for.
The staff and doctors in this practice become family. They were there for me for any reason I needed every step of the way.
I don’t really remember the protocol used. My son is 7 now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Rhonda )
They have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.
I did a trial with them where they were freezing the eggs then fertilizing them later. Because I was willing to try this type of procedure they offered a free traditional IVF if the trial failed. I had a chemical pregnancy with the trial so we moved forward with the IVF and got the results we prayed for. As for the medications... there were times I couldn’t afford certain ones and they offered to donate some to me from stock that the office has. I also donated what was left of my medication (unopened of course) after treatment for the next person that might need some help.
I remember him telling me the chances having multiples with single vs. multiple transfers and that helping us with the decision that we made.
+ Read more- Read less

it is nice to have a dr that works on one cycle at a time and not talking about future cycles during current treatment...[Dr. Feinberg] was very honest and I really appreciate that. Being completely aware of all my treatment and expectations has been paramount in our journey. He was able to give us our options without giving false hope. Also he was very compassionate about what our results were...So far we are trying to use Femara with combination of IUI.
After 14 months of failed IUIs and one miscarriage, they [staff at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] have been very empathetic...I think from the moment you’re at the front desk checking in to the moment you check out, the whole event is seamless. I don’t ever wait very long. I’m always greeted by a friendly nurse or PA who explain every single thing. The whole flow is very fluid which makes me feel confident in the practice. I enjoy that they are working together and are very organized!
Dr Feinberg was very honest and I really appreciate that. Being completely aware of all my treatment and expectations has been paramount in our journey. He was able to give us our options without giving false hope. Also he was very compassionate about what our results were.
Have a list of questions it is helpful
I really like having Dr Feinberg his whole team especially Dorri Purse has been very helpful. After 14 months of failed IUIs and one miscarriage, they have been very empathetic. Also, it is nice to have a dr that works on one cycle at a time and not talking about future cycles during current treatment.
So far we are trying to use Femara with combination of IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
Dorri has been so helpful answering every question and being a great shoulder to cry on! She always calls back the same day and I’m not waiting for days for answers!
So far everything has been covered by insurance

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. McGuirk] doesn’t do unnecessary testing when other providers state it may not be sufficient. This is wonderful when we are on a budget. ... She takes the time to explain everything in a manner which we can understand. ... I have not undergone any treatments as of yet. My husband and I are still in the diagnosis stage and will be undergoing surgery within the next couple weeks. ...
The staff [Reproductive Associates of DE] is amazing and friendly. They are always welcoming when I come in for appointments. The online portal is a life savor with answering questions. All the staff has been very quick to respond and even research when they don’t have the answer. ... Mari [nurse] has been amazing through the diagnosis process. From the beginning she fully explained everything that she, the team and Dr. McGurk will be doing. She is on top of everything and very knowledgeable about every step.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She is always available to answer questions and explains everything fully. She doesn’t do unnecessary testing when other providers state it may not be sufficient. This is wonderful when we are on a budget.
I would offer the advice of doing some research on her - even though we already did - because they will see how wonderful she is and how great she treats her patients.
She takes the time to explain everything in a manner which we can understand.
Mari has been amazing through the diagnosis process. From the beginning she fully explained everything that she, the team and Dr. McGurk will be doing. She is on top of everything and very knowledgeable about every step. She even offered to assist with my insurance approvals to further help with insurance coverage. Amazing is the only word for her and the team.
The staff is amazing and friendly. They are always welcoming when I come in for appointments. The online portal is a life savor with answering questions. All the staff has been very quick to respond and even research when they don’t have the answer. Great job to everyone.
So far, insurance has covered the diagnosis m, however, I am paying copayments.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

Dr Bachman is incredibly kind. I cry a lot at these appointments, and she never made me feel bad about it at all. She also is always happy to take my questions or talk to me about other options. I feel like she’s a partner who works with us toward common goals.... And I appreciate that dr Bachman has always worked with me when I have wanted to make changes in the recommended course of action.... We had about 3+ rounds of ovulation induction with timed intercourse for my son.
Some nurses have better bedside manner than others. RAD can be a little test-happy but I think all the monitoring is really to ensure the best results for patients. And as a working mom, I appreciate their very early hours.... That said, everyone there is committed, knowledgeable, respectful, compassionate. And I appreciate that dr Bachman has always worked with me when I have wanted to make changes in the recommended course of action.
Dr Bachman is incredibly knowledgeable, patient, kind. It’s so obvious that she cares. RAD can be a bit “test-happy” at times, but I feel this is more the clinic’s policies. That said, everyone there is committed, knowledgeable, respectful, compassionate. And I appreciate that dr Bachman has always worked with me when I have wanted to make changes in the recommended course of action.
Let her know how you feel, and be open if you have doubts or questions, need a month off or want to speed things up. She’s very responsive.
We had about 3+ rounds of ovulation induction with timed intercourse for my son. The first ones with Clomid didn’t work at all. I responded right away to Letrozole and we conceived on our first cycle with it, leading to a healthy pregnancy. We are now trying for #2. Unfortunately after 3 cycles with letrozole and timed intercourse, we haven’t gotten pregnant yet.
$880 per ovulation induction cycle, not including drugs.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Bachman really took her time to get to know us and our case specifically. She made sure to keep me informed through the whole process and ensure that I was okay.... Although I didn’t see Dr. Bachman for every appointment, she stayed active on my case the whole time. She was extremely kind, compassionate and informative....I asked for a multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Bachman refused. This was an issue for me. However, she called me after hours to let me know exactly why she refused
The only complaint I have about RAD is their billing department. They were very unhelpful and rude. They were very unclear about the hidden/additional costs of an IVF cycle and I was surprised with a huge balance at the end. I have reached out to them several times and when they do respond, they are rude....The entire clinical team was wonderful....I have emailed the clinical staff just about every day and they always respond promptly and compassionately. They have been great.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Although I didn’t see Dr. Bachman for every appointment, she stayed active on my case the whole time. She was extremely kind, compassionate and informative. I would absolutely see her for my next cycle.
Ask every question you can think of. Dr. Bachman has no problem answering your questions and will even call you after hours if needed. Stay informed.
I was on Clomid 10mg and 300u follistim. It was expected that I would have poor response to medication so they went with a higher dose. They combined the follistim with clomid because I responded well to it in an IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna)
The entire clinical team was wonderful. Given my history of 5 losses, I have been terrified this entire pregnancy. I have emailed the clinical staff just about every day and they always respond promptly and compassionately. They have been great.
I had insurance coverage at the time, which helped significantly. However, we still paid close to $10,000 out of pocket for Non-covered services, copays, coinsurance and medications.
I asked for a multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Bachman refused. This was an issue for me. However, she called me after hours to let me know exactly why she refused in my specific case, and I ended up agreeing. Dr. Bachman transfered a single embryo and I am currently 13 weeks. However, I am currently waiting on the results of testing because the doctors are concerned that my baby has a fatal genetic defect.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Niethardt is extremely smart and likable. It was always pleasant to see her though I didn't often see her as much as I would have liked. Her office is in Wilmington but nearly every appointment after consultation is in Newark. She was compassionate and checked in occasionally.... Medicated IUI with clomid three times IVF with 450ml Gonal daily and Cetrotide and low dose HCG IVF with 100 clomid and 300 Gonal
[at Reproductive Associates of DE] You will be in a group cycle. You will meet with and talk to many different doctors, PA's and nurse practitioners. The earliest walk in appointment is 6:30am for monitoring. The clinic is organized and everyone uses the patient portal. If you call in the phone it is very hard to reach a live person so plan rouse the portal and you can usually expect a message back that day .
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
You must write down and ask all the questions you have. This process can be very confusing.
The cycles are set up to create ease for the clinic, not the patient. Everyone is on the same schedule and begins IVF at the same time. This can sometimes feel impersonal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright, Kristen Fields, Melissa Aiken)
The staff is overall very welcoming and warm. I felt at ease to ask questions.
Monitoring was difficult because I begin work at 7am and the earliest hours were 6:30am. There would often be people lined up at 6:20am for monitoring.
IVF with 20% coinsurance cost approximately $2300. Out of pocket transfer $4200. Medications per cycle between $1000-2500
We were told they would only implant one embryo at a time.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Neithardt] treated me like I was a close friend. She really connects with her patients and takes our concerns as a priority. We are returning patients and she even remembers my husband and I from two years ago.... She looks you in the eye during all of it instead of charting while talking....My husband had varicocele repair. 3 months post op we were eligible for IUI. We did two IUIs with femara.
Strengths are positive outcomes. All staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are extremely responsive to portal messages. Billing doesn't hound you for payments as long as you're prompt. I loved the convenience of the in-house lab. Weakness: limited dover hours. No dover procedures, all must be done in Newark.... A mid level performed the IUI portion of the process.... Most nursing was responsible to portal communication.
Dr. N was extremely warm, friendly, and compassionate. She listens to your every concern. She answers all your questions. She looks you in the eye during all of it instead of charting while talking. A mid level performed the IUI portion of the process.
Get on her books as soon as you can! Come prepared with questions and she will be happy to answer them!
Dr. N treated me like I was a close friend. She really connects with her patients and takes our concerns as a priority. We are returning patients and she even remembers my husband and I from two years ago.
My husband had varicocele repair. 3 months post op we were eligible for IUI. We did two IUIs with femara. The first cycle failed. The second cycle resulted in a singleton live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Madi)
Most nursing was responsible to portal communication. I got a little discouraged when I waited all day for a phone call for a positive or negative result for the 15 day post iui pregnancy blood test.
Strengths are positive outcomes. All staff are extremely responsive to portal messages. Billing doesn't hound you for payments as long as you're prompt. I loved the convenience of the in-house lab. Weakness: limited dover hours. No dover procedures, all must be done in Newark. No specimen transport medium for those traveling from Kent or Sussex County.
Insurance did not cover anything. We've easily spent $5,000 thus far.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Feinberg has a strict single embryo transfer policy unless there are extenuating circumstances that are reviewed on a case by case basis. We were completely fine with that plan of action. ... It is very clear to see that he is very passionate about his work. He wants to help. Your goals are his goals and he will do what he can to help you reach them. He is candid about the possibilities if outcomes and his expectations of you as his patient.
Its difficult not to feel like a number during this process because you're a statistic. ... Overall the staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was wonderful. We had a few off visits but the majority of the time everyone knew our names, our situation, and our treatment plan. They were always extremely compassionate and patient with us. They always took the time to respond, answer questions and reassure our concerns. ...
Be honest. He can't help you if you don't tell him everything he needs to know.
Its difficult not to feel like a number during this process because you're a statistic. You're a statistic when it comes to what caused your infertility all the way to your odds of the treatment working and you bringing home a baby. The doctors do the tlbest they can to mitigate that but it's hard.
Antagonist retrieval cycle because of my PCOS. The first 2 FET's were just estrace, lupron and a PIO. I believe that was just standard treatment. After 2 chemical pregnancies we tried a different route for the 3rd. We added a hysteroscopy, anti blood clot meds (lovenox and baby aspirin) and immune suppression meds (prednisone).
Overall the staff was wonderful. We had a few off visits but the majority of the time everyone knew our names, our situation, and our treatment plan. They were always extremely compassionate and patient with us. They always took the time to respond, answer questions and reassure our concerns.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Bachman made communication with her easy and possible. In the past I would constantly have to consult with different attendings or nurses when a problem occurred. Dr. Bachman took my concerns and gave me a contact to where I could always openly ask her questions about any issues or questions my husband and I had. With three previous losses in two years she seen the pain we keep going through, and has been there for us every step of the way....Dr. Bachman is diligent, and will do everything within her power to help you succeed.
I would say the clinic [Repro Assoc. of Deleware] has an amazing staff that goes through the entire journey with you, and I wish they had a payment plan in regards to IVF. Rather than partners who have extremely high interest rates....The Nursing staff was always very good at communicating and helping me find availability for appointments with my difficult work and student schedule....Dr. Bachman took my concerns and gave me a contact to where I could always openly ask her questions about any issues or questions my husband and I had. With three previous losses in two years she seen the pain we keep going through, and has been there for us every step of the way.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I am still a patient of Dr. Bachman and it will be bittersweet being discharged from reproductive associates of Delaware. Dr. Bachman always makes us feel comfortable and is a very compassionate person.
That Dr. Bachman is diligent, and will do everything within her power to help you succeed.
I don’t remember the exact protocols.
I would say the clinic has an amazing staff that goes through the entire journey with you, and I wish they had a payment plan in regards to IVF. Rather than partners who have extremely high interest rates.
I was able to choose any time throughout the day to schedule my ultrasounds.
The cost for MINI IVF was around $10,000.
My facility is a single embryo transfer facility.