Genetic counseling: Offered
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
2700 Silverside Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to a friend?

I often left [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions...We had a miscommunication with the genetic counselor about the pgd process which ended up delaying our cycle, and it didn't seem like all the other clinicians were up to date on where we were in that process, but she quickly corrected it and has been great and helpful otherwise
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The portal system is helpful, they are very organized and systematic which puts me at ease. I wish the doctors had more availability but that's pretty common. The coordinators are very responsive to portal messages, they hardly ever answer the phone though
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully
They're caring and answer questions during your exams, I always felt like I knew what was going on after an exam except during my IVF monitoring. I often left with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I think she has great bedside manner and cares a lot about the success of her patients. The doctors at RAD all consult with each other and it makes me feel reassured that I'm in good hands and getting good care
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dont have expectations of what your diagnosis will be, what your treatment plan will be, or when you may get pregnant. That's only setting yourself up for disappointment. And come to every appointment with questions written down since it's hard to get an appointment
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility, got referred to a urologist. And then started IVF with pgs/pgd. I was on follistim and clomid, and had a lot of follicles but only got 8 eggs, and 2 made it to the blastocyst stage. I'm waiting to talk to Dr. Bachman about how our 2nd cycle may be different
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
so far we've paid about 20,000 not including medications
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
She strongly believes in SET
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

2015 - 2019
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant...Mari is a great coordinator! She answers all my crazy questions, works hard to get me appointments that fit around teaching, and she was a patient at RAD. She knows exactly what you’re going through! There are so many great PA’s and nurses at RAD! Even on my worst day they stopped everything to make sure I was going to be okay. Love them!
2015 - 2019
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She was open and honest with me about my endometriosis, possibility of getting pregnant due to my age, she answered my mom’s questions, and prayed with me before my surgeries and after my miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquilin)
How was your experience with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way.
Describe the protocols Barbara McGuirk used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
My 1st time with Dr. McGuirk, I had surgery to remove my endometriosis and polyps. I did a round of clomid and was pregnant with timed intercourse. I waited a while after my daughter was born and went back to Dr. McGuirk to try again. Again, we did surgery to remove any endometriosis and polyps that I had. I did 2 rounds of clomid and timed intercourse to see if we could get pregnant on our own. Unfortunately, we weren’t as lucky as before. We moved on to IUI and had some success. My first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My second IUI resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, at my 11 week appointment there was no heartbeat and a growth was found on the baby. After the biopsy following the D&E , it was found to be a mutation of the Down syndrome gene. Once my body levels out again after a few months, we’ll meet with a genetics counselor before doing any further procedures. This will give us more information about the possibility of a healthy pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
As a state employee, most of my procedures were covered or mostly covered under my insurance. My IVF on the other hand will not be. Hoping they pass a bill to allow state employees better coverage before we move on to IVF.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The nursing staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.... there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
When I first came to the clinic I was very hopeful. However, there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing. Whenever I had a question I never knew who I was supposed to contact. My doctor gave me 2 options of 2 different medication protocols. This information was not received by the care coordinator for an unknown reason. When I attempted to explain the protocol I wanted there was a lot of confusion, and I gave up and took the protocol that they had in mind. This is frustrating because the cycle failed, and when I start a new cycle they will be using the other protocol that was offered. They believe I will respond better to this other medication protocol. After my failed cycle I also felt alone. I do not feel as if I was fully explained my next options and the reason my cycle failed. I finally requested an appointment and was explained my next steps.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovelaskey was a very caring and well mannered doctor. He never made me feel hopeless or unworthy. This also was a downfall because I was very hopeful that my cycle would be successful and it failed. The one time I felt more like a number was when he moved out of state in the middle of my cycle, which I understood the reasoning however it was difficult having your doctor changed in the middle of an IVF cycle.
The nursing staff were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovalevsky was very caring and explained my infertility very well. Everytime I seen Dr. Kovalevsky I left the office on a positive note and a lot of hope. Unforuntantly, he left in the middle of my cycle to relocate to another state to be with family. I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I would advice them that if they did not understand or were not clear on something that is said to them to ask for him to explain it differently. Understanding infertility is hard and I had to ask him to repeat and explain things over many times.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
Once it was thought that I had endometriosis I was scheduled for surgery to check to see if there was endometriosis, and to remove some cyst that were found during ultrasound. The surgery went very well, and they made me very comfortable (this was my first time ever having surgery). After surgery I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 endometriosis. At that time Dr. Kovalevsky informed us that our best option would be to do IVF. We started an IVF treatment with a medication protocol including various different bills and injections. I was monitored by ultrasound about every other day. It was determined that we would do a fresh transfer. About half way through the monitoring hr left the practice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I had insurance coverage when I started my IVF cycle. The insurance did not cover everything, and I maxed out my benefits. I had to take out a loan for 8,000 to cover the medication cost, as well as additional cost for IVF.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Kovalevsky would only do single embryo transfer.
Dover

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
I had only positive things to say about this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE-Wilimington] after my first experience with them (IVF stimulation & retrieval and one FET). They worked well as a team, tried to accommodate my needs as much as possible, were always friendly, etc. By the time I was working with them again 1.5 - 2 years later, there had been some changes in their internal structure and processes which unfortunately caused a few problems for me as a patient.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I had only positive things to say about this clinic after my first experience with them (IVF stimulation & retrieval and one FET). They worked well as a team, tried to accommodate my needs as much as possible, were always friendly, etc. By the time I was working with them again 1.5 - 2 years later, there had been some changes in their internal structure and processes which unfortunately caused a few problems for me as a patient. They were still friendly and usually accommodating, but their internal communications had broken down at times. This caused me some frustrations trying to reconcile the plan my doctor and I had laid out with the actual steps being performed as well as some issues after my losses regarding medication decisions (due to other medical issues, I wasn't doing well with the "normal" protocol and needed my doctor to give personalized instructions). It was not a terrible experience, but when it happened twice in the span of a few months even after I discussed my concerns with everyone involved, I began to question how well I could work with them if we decide to try again in the future.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Neithardt always clearly remembered all relevant details of my history and treatment plan whenever we met. Additionally, she took every concern or question I had seriously and treated me as a partner in my care, not a subject under her rule.
Most of the nursing staff at this practice is very nice to work with. There are always the exceptions - a new nurse who told me to go to the bathroom before my appointment then found out I needed to provide a urine sample before we could perform my test that day which caused a delay, for example. My most frequent frustration was when a nurse would answer a question based on the typical protocol even when I knew there was an unusual factor in my case and I wanted to escalate the question to my doctor. I eventually was given instructions for how to handle those questions to my satisfaction. The staff was interested in my comfort, tried to answer my questions fully to the best of their knowledge, and tried to be as comforting as they could when we discovered my losses. That experience in particular stuck with me because my first loss had been when I was seeing a different provider and they had been very distant and clinical when I was completely disoriented and heartbroken.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
How was your experience with Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Neithardt was the best thing about working with this clinic. It's rare that I've found a doctor so respectful and happy to work with her patient (participatory medicine) as her, even when I consider non-fertility related areas of medicine. It is very important to me to fully understand my treatment plans and how each piece works. I also want my own ideas to be fully considered and either incorporated into the plan, or to have someone explain why that idea does not apply. Furthermore, I have run into some complications which cannot be fully explained by any of the testing performed, and Dr. Neithardt had the experience as well as the common-sense approach to work with me on how to approach these things - most doctors, in my experience, will not do this if they cannot see conclusive objective proof (such as a lab test result).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Ask every question you can think of and keep asking until you get an answer that makes sense to you. Take advantage of working with a doctor who will make sure you understand and are on the same page.
Describe the protocols Adrienne Neithardt used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
I have done one retrieval cycle with Dr. Neithardt. This was a light stim, because I had some indicators that I would be a good responder (age and ovarian reserve were in my favor). On this protocol I only did about half the dosages, injections once a day instead of twice, etc. We wanted to avoid having a large number of "extra" embryos so this approach worked for us. In the end we still had a high number - 21 mature eggs, 19 fertilized, 15 made it to day 5/6 blastocyst. Having had a trisomy miscarriage in the past, we chose to freeze all embryos and do PGS testing. Due to cost, we could only afford to test 8 embryos at the time but had the remaining 7 biopsied for later testing if needed. Of the 8, 2 came back non-viable which is typical. I needed a hysteroscopy before transferring, so about 2 months after retrieval I was able to do my first FET. We used a Lupron protocol. I did have to push back the transfer by one week because my lining was not thick enough at the first check, but we added a half pill of estrogen vaginally (in addition to the oral doses) and it was ok a week later. That transfer resulted in my daughter. I went for weekly ultrasounds through week 10 or 11 at the clinic then fully transitioned to my OB. About a year and half after having my daughter we were ready to try again. We worked with Dr. Neithardt, repeating a saline sonogram and mock transfer. We agreed to follow the same protocol that worked the first time, the only change was adding the vaginal estrogen earlier since we knew I needed it before. I became pregnant but the numbers / trends were all over the place and I ultimately miscarried. We had a D&E done to test the fetal remains and unfortunately could not find a clear cause. The fetus was genetically normal and no physical causes could be found. This is where I really appreciated Dr. Neithardt - I have a complicated medical history including several autoimmune diseases. We retested for additional diseases that would be known to cause this type of problem, and the results were negative. However, Dr. Neithardt and I trusted our gut instincts that this is somehow related and discussed how we might change the protocol. We theorize that my body is rejecting the pregnancy and cutting off bloodflow, causing it to terminate. It took a few months for my body to be ready for another try but we eventually began another cycle. This time we added prednisone to further suppress my immune system. I again became pregnant and the numbers all appeared robust. Unfortunately, at my 6 week ultrasound we discovered the gestational sac had continued growing but the fetus had not. I had another D&E but this time I could not emotionally handle doing more testing on the fetal remains. Dr. Neithardt agreed with my husband and I that there wasn't likely any information to gain from testing any remains, if any could even be identified, which gave us a modicum of peace on the issue. She still feels that this may be an autoimmune response (as do I) and suggests another cycle include both the prednisone as well as Lovenox, a blood thinner to try to prevent clotting to the fetus. However, at that point I was relocated for work to another state and we have not yet decided if we or when we will pursue more transfers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I was lucky to have excellent insurance so my only costs were for genetic screening, medications, freezing and thawing costs, and $10 visit copays. I paid about $450 plus copays for a frozen transfer cycle. I no longer have this insurance, and when I inquired about the out of pocket costs I was told that their fee is $4,500 for one FET cycle (not including retrieval which I had done previously).
Describe Adrienne Neithardt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I was only willing to transfer one embryo at a time anyway, as were my other care providers, so this was not an issue for me.
Wilmington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
My care coordinator [at Reproductive Associates of DE] Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.... The costs under Dr Bachmans office were more reasonable than other offices in my area.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I have been to 2 fertility specialist in Delaware and of the 2 offices, Dr Bachmans office makes me feel like a person and not a number. The Reproductive Associates of Delaware genuinely care about you and your family goals.
Dr Bachman made me feel like I have known her forever. I genuinely feel that she wants to see me and my husband have another child. Her role is not without empathy, compassion and caring. She is trying to change the lives of her clients for the better. She loves her job and it’s obvious.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari)
My care coordinator Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.
I came to see Emelia Bachman after another doctor within the practice left. Dr Bachman is honest, caring and thorough. I value her opinion and truly believe she wants our family to have more children. When I first met Dr Bachman I was suppose to have surgery with the previous doctor, but due to him leaving I rescheduled with Dr Bachman. She discussed risks, benefits and possible outcomes of my diagnostic laparoscopy (previously I had a fimbrioplasty with another fertility specialist and wanted to see if my tube condition was still good). I feel grateful to have met Dr Bachman and I feel that when I finally get pregnant it will be because of her loving, caring and thorough approach.
The best advice is to write down any questions you have before your visit. The reasoning is because it’s very emotional experiencing infertility and sometimes we patients get lost in our emotions and forget to ask pertinent questions.

2010 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [RAD] is large with many nurses, techs, doctors, and patients. I would tell people to not let that intimidate them. It’s large because they are the BEST! There is always someone there to take care of your needs. Smiles and friendly faces are around every corner. The practice does what is best for you; whatever will keep you and your fertility safe and sound. They can be conservative but in a good way. Whatever decisions are made, are done as a team and you know they have your best interests at heart.
2010 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic is large with many nurses, techs, doctors, and patients. I would tell people to not let that intimidate them. It’s large because they are the BEST! There is always someone there to take care of your needs. Smiles and friendly faces are around every corner. The practice does what is best for you; whatever will keep you and your fertility safe and sound. They can be conservative but in a good way. Whatever decisions are made, are done as a team and you know they have your best interests at heart.
I felt like a human. DR. Neithardt always used my first name when addressing me. She was always friendly and reassuring while still maintaining a realistic outlook. She remembered me, or at least took the time to review my chart, after not seeing her for about 6.5 years. There was no judgment or condescension. She was professional and respectful of my wishes to expand our family. I would highly recommend her to anyone I know.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda wright)
They staff always talked to me as if we were old friends. They were upfront and honest and relied on medical information and team decisions to guide my treatment. My coordinator was fantastic and timely with all responses and scheduling. Being able to leave any member of the staff a message over their portal not only gave me reassurance but also confidence in the knowledge of the staff. They always responded in a timely manner with as much information as possible.
Dr. Neithardt was amazing. She took time to explain all procedures, including pictures, and answer any questions. She always came to the waiting room to greet us and was as honest as she could be knowing all that she did. With all of the appointments that we had, she could not be present for all of them, but the staff was sure to mention any discussions they had with the doctor in the meantime. It made me feel like she really cared and wanted to do right by us, whether she could see us face to face or not.
One piece of advice I would give would be to be upfront and honest with her about everything. Medical history, mental and emotional state, hopes and fears, they are all important. Dr. Neithardt wants to know these things in order to best care for people.
Dr. Neithardt was concerned about hyper stimulation during IVF. She used a mini stimulation protocol that started with clomid. It worked for us because we did not stimulate too much and were able to do a fresh transfer.
Honestly, we were concerned with cost about everything but it was manageable and comparable to other clinics. They were always good about trying to make connections and coverage happen with insurance or any possible discounts.
I understand why doctors perform single transfers rather than multiple. Our practice only did single transfers unless you completed multiple failed Trabsfer attempts. I appreciate the concern for me all while trying to help me get pregnant in the safest way possible.
Newark

The clinic [RAD] did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time.... Mari Esquillin was absolutely amazing! I cannot speak more highly of her. She was so quick to answer request and guenuinely cared for each patient. As for other IVF coordinators, some lacked good bed side manner. It seemed like they gave you a the standard message they give everyone. They were great about getting back to you it you had questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are great communicators! They will often get back to you immediately. At times though they can be not that sensitive to your situation. For example, I waS was told my pregnancy test was negative over a voicemail and the nurse yawned during the middle of the voicemail. As much as I am sure this is their norm it was devistating to me. So staff fall into the “this is our norm”, but other staff go above and beyond for your needs!
I felt like Dr. K treated me like a human however the clinic did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time. At that point I felt more like a number and did not feel the individual care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillin )
Dr. K always listened to my concerns and would adjust treatment accordingly. He also was amazing about getting back to me. He would often do phone conferences during the same day to ensure all my questions were answered.
Do not be afraid of discussing all of your options as Dr. K will weigh all the pros and cons regarding them.
Dr. K preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!
Insurance covered a large percentage, but about $5000 out of pocket.
Although Dr. K did not prefer to use multiple embryo transfer after two failed cycles with unknown causes he allowed us to engage in multiple embryo transfer. He made his concerns known respectfully but did not deny us of our request.
Dover

Having come from another clinic, I can say that RAD is ten times better. The online portal is an amazingly easy way to keep in touch, ask those questions you think don’t quite warrant a call, and keep track of both your paperwork and your appointments. There are lots of faces, so my advice would be to prepare yourself to get adjusted to that. However, I have yet to come across a staff member I didn’t like.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Neithardt took the time to meet with me, go over my test results, and explain my options in detail. I truly felt as if she was determined to help me make the best treatment decisions in light of my needs and financial considerations. She has been extremely kind and professional throughout my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Damaris (care coordinator) )
I have found all staff at RAD to be a pleasure to work with. All have been professional and friendly. There are so many of them, but they seem eager to help their patients succeed and seem to share in their pain when they do not.
I met with Dr. Neithardt on my first visit and met with her for quite awhile. We discussed my needs, concerns, and questions. Dr. Neithardt explained each of my options at length and never seemed as though she was in a rush. Following each unsuccessful IUI, we discussed options moving forward. I found her to be professional and kind during each visit. She truly seemed to care about finding the right treatment plan for me, and it seemed genuine. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Neithardt.
Bring a notepad and take notes. She gives you a lot of information to digest, which is good!
We began with a medicated iui cycle with donor sperm, as it seemed to be the most economical with no known fertility issues. When that was not successful, we tried two inseminations in one cycle, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately, that did not work. Now, we are debating between ivf and iui. As always, cost is a major factor. Dr. Neithardt truly understands that and has been supportive throughout.
Self-pay iui cycle $1760 plus medication (including trigger and suppositories) and cost of donor sperm. Some copays/coinsurance related to some of the diagnostic procedures, which were covered by insurance.
Wilmington

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Our coordinator [at RAD- Newark] is very helpful in answering questions and providing us answers to questions she does not have the answers to. She responds in a few hours and always in the same day. She explained the cost of IVF and offered ways for us to save money on the drugs... Our clinic is clean, modern, and very welcoming. The front desk staff are happy to see us and are attentive. The entire office works well together and we always feel that they are operating at a high level during our appts. We are not rushed through and after procedures they take time to mak sure we are ok. I cannot think of any weaknesses
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Neidhart is wonderful! She too ample time to sit with us during scheduled appts as well as unscheduled ones when we just had questions. She is caring, honest, and has a positive outlook on our fertility journey. She never made us feel like we could not have a baby
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Donna Yarusso)
Our coordinator is very helpful in answering questions and providing us answers to questions she does not have the answers to. She responds in a few hours and always in the same day. She explained the cost of IVF and offered ways for us to save money on the drugs
Dr. Neidhart took time to thoroughly explain our procedure and answered all of our questions. She even listened and allowed us to try things that we researched on our own. We felt like we were apart of the process and not just another source of income for the clinic
Make sure to ask the Dr. to further explain anything that you need more information on. Question why she is choosing certain treatments so you are more comfortable with the process
I had a hysteroscopy to remove a cyst in my ovary. I also have a fibroid pushing on my bladder and Dr. Neidhart did not wish to remove it now because it wasn't a priority for my fertility. I had a sonogram to check my tubes, my uterus, and to see how fertile I am to increase my chances of having a baby. My partner was given HCG treatments to increase his testosteron and sperm count because we did not want to use donor sperm. We also discussed waiting 3-6 months for his sperm count to increase so that we had a greater chance of havin a biological child. We did dna testing as well which eased our minds about our own bodies and possible genetic diseases that could be passed on to our child. The RAD clinic went over my drug protocol with us and said that it was an agressive approach due to my age and egg reserve but they felt that it was a good protocol to produce a live birth. I have not currently undergone an IVF cycle as we are waiting for my partner's sperm count to be at a level that Dr. Neidhart feels is acceptable for us to have the most success.
Genetic testing was $200 each. Office visits are covered under insurance so the copay is $45 My surger was $12,000 covered under insurance less my $1,400 deductible Blood test was $1,100
Our doctor believes in only 1 embryo transferred per ivf cycle as this will produce the highest success rates for a live birth. I agree 100%
Newark

Every staff member of this clinic is amazing, starting from scheduling, coordinators, nurses, doctors. The environment in this clinic is very warm and inviting. The exam rooms are very organized and clean. The waiting time is no more than 5-10 minutes. I would recommend this clinic to every person in need.... I always felt at home at RAD. Dr. Neithardt guided me through my entire experience, along with the rest of her staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
My experience with Dr. Neithardt as my Reproductive Doctor has been wonderful. Dr. Neithardt was extremely patient with me along with being extraordinarily kind and compassionate. I did not feel rushed during appointments either. She takes the time to explain things in detail and makes certain all questions are addressed. Dr. Neithardt treats the person not simply the patient. She is a great physician and I would highly recommend her to friends and family.
Mari is a very prompt and kind person, patient and responsible.
She is wonderful, kind, and genuine. She is always prompt, and she will take all the time you need to answer all questions and help you. I always felt at home at RAD. Dr. Neithardt guided me through my entire experience, along with the rest of her staff. I always had my questions answered and the emotional support I needed to start the journey of being Mom for the second time. I am going to be forever grateful.
An amazing doctor!!! She is compassionate, helpful, and very professional! I am pretty sure she will make your dream come true.
I did not go through any IVF cycles, because those were very expensive. The problem for us is Male factor infertility.
$3000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I received countless calls [from Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game...It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming...If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The treat you as an number on a conveyor belt. There is no compassion and no love for their jobs. I received countless calls with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game.
We were with this clinic on two different occasions. Once with our 4 year old son. The clinic and Dr. K were amazing. We conceived via IUI. We started for a sibling in 2016 and started with IUI's and moved to IVF. The feeling at the clinic was VERY different. It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse and Amy Miller)
Dorri was great. She showed compassion and professionalism. Amy Miller was cold and abrupt. The nursing staff has changed so much over the years and NOT in a good way. They have no compassion for their patients. In fact one of my favorite nurses (from our successful pregnancy) at one point apologized with her eyes rolling for taking so long during an appt because the prior patient had SO MANY questions. I found that very unprofessional and hurtful.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I had to suggest treatment protocols. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it. I have never in my 24 years of getting pap smears had to repeat one due to Dr. failure. He never agreed with any of the "controversial" procedures I brought up and had a physical appearance about him as if I was foolish to even suggest it. I'm not sure what has transpired with him since our successful pregnancy back in 2013, but he has since left the practice.
Choose another practice. If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
Nothing was tweaked in any of my cycles. When I questioned why were doing the same thing over and over again (quoting Einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result) He said that we DID try something else, namely the ERA that I suggested. I kept begging them to look into why my progesterone was so low and they did nothing about it. They offered no explanation as to why I kept losing my pregnancies, Dr. K made it seem that I just need to keep doing it, because it would eventually result in a pregnancy.
There were times I was asked to pay thousands of dollars only to find out later that I did not. The bilk you for everything you have with nothing to show for it. I did have insurance coverage which I was grateful for, however it at times was a complete nightmare
Dover

Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff [RAD] is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc. ... My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me. ... The nursing staff was excellent! They were all very knowledgable, professional, and caring. There was a team approach and it definitely felt as though all team members were on board with level of care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc.
Dr. Bachman thoroughly reviewed my medical history and did a more complete evaluation which resulted in being taken off a medication that was prescribed by my previous doctor and was not necessary. She is very caring and thorough and goes above and beyond to give the best care. She also stayed in contact throughout the treatment process.
Dr. Bachman was very compassionate and caring. She was a very good communicator and always explained each step of care. She communicated with her staff and it felt as if everyone was easily able to answer questions when needed. I can't think of any weaknesses at this point.
She is very thorough so don't be discouraged if there are bumps in the road, but this hopefully will save time, money, and failed attempts for the future.
I will be starting an IUI cycle with Dr. Bachman. At my last doctor I did 3 failed IUI cycles and plan on doing one more and then switching to IVF if unsuccessful. Dr. Bachman did more testing and came across some complications which are being addressed at this time before doing the IUI cycle.
My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Monitoring was a cattle call. First come first served. ... During one ivf cycle, all the wrong meds were called in to the pharmacy. During a recent round, it took the doctors and PAs over a week to realize I hadn’t responded to the medicine prescribed. None of the doctors had been reviewing my ultrasounds. ... Great staff [RAD] of PAs and nurses ... Clinic is very conservative in terms of trigger shots & preventing OHSS and only doing single embryo transfers .
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths: Clinic has a team of doctors that meet each week to discuss IVF cases. Great staff of PAs and nurses Embryo quality/grading system and selection for retrieval has never been communicated to me. In my case, I prefer to know less, but many patients may want to know this information. Clinic is very conservative in terms of trigger shots & preventing OHSS and only doing single embryo transfers .
Dr. Bachman is very kind. She always takes her time to answer all of your questions and go over procedures.
The nurses and PAs are amazing. They have become like family. They are the ones in the trenches with you every day. They are the ones who do most of the exams and the daily monitoring. Everyone is compassionate, gentle and positive .
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr Bachman is one of the most kind, compassionate doctors I have ever had. While she is not always punctual, it is because she takes her time with all her patients and never rushes you through an appointment. She is always willing to answer questions and has even called me after hours to check in before procedures or after bad news. She is very up-to-date on current research and findings in the field. She is open to all feedback, positive or negative and is always looking to improve.
You may be waiting to see her.
Started with clomid and IUIs as all fertility tests came back normal. switched to IVF after 4 failed rounds. With each retrieval, we changed the dose of medicine and then the type of medicine used, with the hopes of getting fewer overall eggs , but more mature ones.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Monitoring was a cattle call. First come first served. This made each cycle very stressful, as I do not have a job I can be late for. When I reached out to my doctor about it, I was able to make appointments, however it was clearly to appease me. I was still only seen in the order of arrival, despite what my “appointment” time was.
Rounds of clomid and IUI were covered by insurance. Insurance has run out for IVF. Costs also associated with a laparoscopy.
This process has never been communicated to me.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
scheduled an appointment through my care coordinator but was not on the schedule when I showed up for this visit [RAD]. Had to frequently contact the office for prescription refills and to make sure prescriptions were sent to the pharmacy ... Weaknesses- never on time with appointments. ... I was frequently late for work due to appointments running 30-45 minutes late, even when scheduled at 8:00am. ... Strengths- knowledgeable staff, caring nurses and PAs
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths- knowledgeable staff, caring nurses and PAs Weaknesses- never on time with appointments. As a working woman this adds a lot of stress to an already very stressful and emotional process. I was frequently late for work due to appointments running 30-45 minutes late, even when scheduled at 8:00am.
Dr. Bachman is always warm, friendly, and understanding. She is sure to be patient and answer every question I have, and always asks if I have any more questions before our appointment is over. She takes the time to draw diagrams, write down explanations, and take time to make sure I fully understand everything I am going through. She treats my case with thorough, individualized detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
The PAs and nursing staff as a whole were absolutely wonderful. I was assigned a patient care coordination who was terrible. She showed no compassion, frequently messed up scheduling, was very hard to get into touch with via phone, and was only accessible through an online portal. I had to contact her to remind her to get things done rather than her coordinating my care the way she was supposed to.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Strengths: caring, compassionate, intelligent, up to date on most recent research, takes as much time as needed at each appointment to make sure that I leave feeling confident in our treatment plan. Goes over every lab value with a fine toothed comb and makes sure to come up with a treatment plan that maximizes fertility and minimizes the emotional and financial burden.
Be patient because the process takes multiple months due to volume of patients and the time to complete all of the necessary testing
Initial testing - bloodwork, ultrasounds, HSG, sono, sperm analysis. These tests revealed PCOS and a blocked Fallopian tube. Laparoscopic surgery to unblock tube was successful and revealed stage 1 endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Just started cycle 1 of letrozole
$4,000 deductible that I had to meet leading to the diagnosis of infertility My insurance does not cover fertility treatments so the following costs so far: Letrozole cycle $880 Medications associated with cycle roughly $500

2013 - 2018
Their [Reproductive Associates of DE] strengths are they become truly invested in every patient they see. They learn their names, remember their faces, and make you feel so welcomed. They are also extremely knowledgable. When we first started they gave us a ton of info we didn't know of, and options we didn't know existed. ... Every single one of the staff members at RAD are amazing! They truly treat you like you are more than just another patient. When we were released to our regular obgyn, I cried because I knew they didn't understand how hard we worked for this baby. The girls at RAD have become family, and I am so thankful for them!
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Their strengths are they become truly invested in every patient they see. They learn their names, remember their faces, and make you feel so welcomed. They are also extremely knowledgable. When we first started they gave us a ton of info we didn't know of, and options we didn't know existed. And after we had my son, they continued to help with questions I had. I honestly can't think of a weakness.
He always spoke to us in terms we could understand. When results weren't great he broke it to us gently. He was awesome!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
Dr. Kovalesky was the very first fertility doctor we saw. He always kept things real with us, treated us like we were family, and was a straight shooter with what we should do next. When we had failures, he adjusted the plans and talked us through. When we finally had success, he was there to keep us calm and hopeful that our pregnancy would be fine. Dr kovalesky gave us our greatest blessing, and for that, we will be forever greatful to him!♡
Dr. Kovalesky will be very thorough in his delivery. He will tell you like it is, and answer any questions you may jave. Take as long as you like in your appointments, he won't rush you out! If you want the truth, he will give it, just ask!
Due to my PCOS, we started with Clomid and tried to use timed sex. When that did not work, we moved on to our procedure. We have a few failed cycles, and then we decided to take a break. I remember Dr. K said I needed my bmi below 30, so during our break we worked on that. We came back, used Clomid again with an iui, and we were blessed with my handsome son!
Every appointment was a 30 dollar copay. Each out was at least 1200 for the procedure. So, we cleared our lifetime insurance amount of 20k, and easily matched that in procedures and copays.
Dover

They [Reproductive Associates of DE] have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.... Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.
She took the time to answer all questions, no matter how small or silly. She made small talk and really acted like she was invested in our success.
Sometimes the wait was a bit long, but every person I encountered was friendly, caring, and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.
Dr. Neithardt is patient, honest, compassionate, and knowledgable. She takes the time to explain everything in a way that can be understood. She makes sure her patients are as comfortable as they can be in stressful circumstances.
Be open and honest with her, she is willing to listen.
We tried clomid, then letrazole (I think) initially, but my body wasn’t properly responding, so we cancelled the cycle. Because we were self-pay at the time, she explained that we could keep trying with the medications or potentially try IUI, but the likelihood of success was small and we would quickly exhaust our funds. She recommended IVF at that point, which we agreed was the best course of action. Based on my age and health, we did mini-stim IVF. After the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding appropriately, so we reset while my embryos were frozen (5 day). A couple months later we did the transfer and it was successful. I’m currently in a new cycle. I had the transfer one week ago and am waiting on the results.
See previous comment on the clinic.
Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork. My new insurance is covering my second round, and I paid an approximately $1,400 copay, not including medication, which came to about $30.00
We weren’t given a choice; RAD only performs single embryo transfers. I would have liked a choice after the risks were explained, although I understand their approach.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility [Reproductive Associates of Delaware]. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time.... There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time. They all showed amazing compassion and care throughout the treatments.
Dr. Kovalesky made my husband and I feel like we mattered. He was very blunt in his teachings, yet, recognized the how difficult of a diagnosis this was to receive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Donna Reynolds)
There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process, along with working with my busy work schedule while making appointments.
Dr. Kovalesky was extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this, especially after so much heartache throughout the other unsuccessful treatments.
Appreciate his honesty. He tells it like it is without being abrupt and insensitive. He has a strong sense of compassion all while being honest along the way.
When it came time for our IVF consult, he hit the nail on the head when predicting the number of (mature) eggs I'd most likely have, the number of embryos we'd most likely have, and gave a us good percentage of the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy. All his numbers were incredibly accurate, and we are now 17 weeks pregnant with our first child. I couldn't be more appreciative of his concern and care throughout the entire process.
IVF with genetic testing: $16,500 (roughly) *not including medications which were about $3500-$5500

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions.... These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
This clinic is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions. They are a wonderful group of people and look forward to every appointment.
I felt like a human each and every time we visited the clinic because they care and it shows from the moment you walk in the door.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller and Mari E.)
These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner. If it’s something they don’t know off hand they do everything they can to find out for you. I absolutely enjoy all of them at every visit!
My experience with Dr Kovalevsky was beyond phenomenal! After 10 years of having the same undiagnosed problems I was referred to RAD. It only took him a few visits and test to figure out what the problem was! I was treated and on to the process of becoming a mother. I appreciate him so much for giving me the answers that I longed for! He was so compassionate, caring, and yet straightforward! He is what I’ve needed for so long and I am so proud to call him my fertility doctor! He’s the best hands down and I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
One piece of advise I would give is to have all your questions written down so you won’t forget anything, but don’t worry because he will answer each and every one them!
He performed a much needed surgery that helped my menstrual cycle get back on track! Afterwards I was placed on birth control to help regulate things. My fertility treatment plan was delayed and will pick up in a few months. But we have still remained in contact and kept everything on track.
I was obligated to pay my copays. I also had to pay for some testing until I reached my deductible. I paid for storage fees as well.
I asked this question and the answer I received was right on point. I understood the reasoning for eSET, and to me it just made since. I want nothing more than a healthy, successful pregnancy.
Newark

I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility [Reproductive Associates of DE] I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.... The nursing department is excellent. They answers questions very quickly and have always been friendly to me and my husband
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility. I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.
I have enjoyed working with Dr. McGuirk and her staff through my infertility journey thus far. Dr. McGuirk removed a uterine septum in 2017 and before I had even woke up from the anesthesia she went out to the waiting room and sat with my mother and husband and explained every thing that was done during the procedure. Such a relief to my family.
My experience as a patient of Dr. McGuirk thus far is beyond measure. She has always kept our best interest at heart. When we had a miscarriage in 2016, we changed our plan and removed my uterine septum first, now we are our on first round of letrozole with injection. Dr. McGuirk has always been very up front and explained the process in detail to us, answered all our questions and is genuinely concerned about me and our future children's well being. A outstanding doctor and expert.
Be prepared for the honest truth.
When we first met with Dr. McGuirk, the plan was go undergo some tests to find out if my tubes were open, etc. When my husband and I got pregnant unexpectedly, we changed to the plan to remove my uterine septum and start trying to conceive shortly thereafter. After trying for 7 months and no luck we have now moved to ovulation meds and are working on the first cycle of that.
The costs are based on your insurance coverage. Infertility treatment isn't cheap.
2014 - 2018
The PA's in that office [Reproductive Associates of DE] are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The PA's in that office are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
As Dr. Kovalevsky is a very good doctor in what he does, very intelligent, his bedside manners are lacking and just makes you feel like just another patient and not a person going through something you never imaged as a little girl.
The nurses are wonderful, they are very heartwarming with is really nice when to go through this process.
Dr. Kovalevsky is a smart and brilliant doctor just his bedside are lacking. He wouldn't give you hope on the procedure itself, sometimes I left the office asking my husband "so wait what does he want to do"
I would have a meeting with all the doctors in the office
My first round of retrieval, he used the minimum low dosage of medication, when before it was to end I was called by another doctor to tell me the medicine wasn't doing its job and I looked like a 40 year old woman and not a 28 year old. Round two of medicine worked better and cost more but I wish he would have sat down and ask us what we wanted to do.. 2 Rounds of medicine was hard on both of us.
I never had to be monitored for anything. So far everything has come back it has not worked.
Our whole process at this time is about $20,000 that includes medications
I only had one transfer that was not successful and I wish we had more embryos to fall back on.
2006 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
RAD is a well maintained, trained, and experienced clinic. The whole process from making the consult apt to your 12wk ultrasound apt when they release you to your OB is a smooth transition. Each doctor has its own coordinators so they have a connection with every patient. When you call if you need billing department, or just to talk to a nurse they are there and willing to help with anything.
2006 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. K was great, he was always available to answer any questions I had and before he would do a procedure, he would explain everything and make sure I was ready before starting.
The nursing staff at RAD is awesome, you can tell that they all care about helping individuals grow a family.
My experience with Dr. K was great, he explained everything in terms and ways that I could understand not just in medical terms. He was always down to earth and we could joke around and laugh at every visit.
Dr. K is a human being and he is there to help you, just relax and think of him as a friend.
Well when I first started with him with my first husband, we had a lot of set backs, surgeries to remove cysts and then my divorce. Then with my second husband, I had to start with surgery to remove cysts again, then we monitored my cycle with ultra sounds and blood work. The first 3 times we tried just the trigger shot ( I was not to emotional) and intercourse and then finally we tried trigger shot and IUI!!! Success on the first try!!!
Well it was mostly all billed medically to my insurance, but I did have to pay about 1000$ for copays, certain treatments, and then about 1500$ for medication with the treatment for when I had my son.
Dover

Clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!...All the nurses, coordinators and staff we excellent!!! They made me feel like I was there only patient!! And after seeing them almost everyday they felt like family!! We were extremely close!!! They helped with all the stress and anxiety I was going through! They were so compassionate!!!! Loved them all!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Clinic was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!
Seen him once before our three iui cycles for our consultantion and didn't see him again until the third cycle. Felt like we wasted our money! He kept us on the same plan for all three cycles when it didn't work the first time he didn't meet with us to try something else. Instead we did the same for all three iui and had the same results all three times no pregnancy!! Extremely frustrating and stress full!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Maudi )
Wish I had an opportunity to meet all doctor's before going with Dr. Kovalevsky. Felt like I was just another paitent. He diegnosed me with pcos and then went over what we should do. Instead of telling me what plan we should go with he gave me two options, Surgery to see if anything was blocking tubes or to see poplips that they couldn't see during testing or iui. I am not a doctor and asked him what we thought we should do first and he stated it was up to us! He hyped up iui and told us our odds were higher if we did that vs. timed intercourse. We did three rounds of iui and never got pregnant. We only seen him 2 maybe three times. The first time for consultantion, the second for diagnosis and the third to go over options if the third iui didn't take. He stated to us that if the third iui didn't take we should look into ivf! Witch is extremely expensive and we had to ask our parents to help pay for the three iui's! While getting our third iui done I spoke with another doctor who was very helpful with pcos and expaibed that if this 3rd iui didn't take we should consider the surgery! With my pcos I don't have severe symptoms I just don't ovulate on my own and each iui cycle I ovulated and husband's sperm count was immaculate! Wanted to stop fertility treatments because I felt like Dr. Kovalevsky was just wasting our money! Big let down and very stressful! After my third iui I found out that I could switch doctor's! Excited to finally get the help we need!!
If you are one who likes options on what you want to do see him. If you are one who believes the doctor should tell you what needs to be done and the right path you should take see someone else. Also if you don't like to see your doctor through your treatments often Dr. Kovalevsky is the guy for you!
Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant. After the third iui he meet with us and stated we should do ivf next do to high secess rate. After speaking with another doctor there we found out that our case didn't need to do ivf!! Dr. Kovalevsky is all about ivf!
Over 8,000

Anovulation, Endometriosis
The clinic [Repro Assoc of DE] is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it...The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it.
Dr. Kovalevksy took the time to get to know me and my husband before any treatment. He was blunt but kind and always gave me more information when asked. He understood the financial burdens that come with infertility and always gave honest opinion on what steps he would take and why. We didn't have our embryos screened because he told us it was not a necessity for our particular case. We were vulnerable and would have gladly given the money if he had answered differently. He gave us his personal cell phone number in case of emergency and was always available by phone or portal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright)
My coordinator was an actual angel. Mari went so far above my expectations that I am at a loss for words. She was my rock and always responded to me within 20 minutes and got things going when needed. Rhonda was my main PA and she was such a source of comfort and knowledge. This woman laughed with me and cried with me. She held my hand when needed and was like a fairy godmother. I loved these two women more than I can say. On the flip side, I didn't like the attitude of the front desk woman on the second floor suite who had short, white hair. She was frustrating and mean and just unpleasant. Luckily I got to see Gina at the front desk the most and she was always sweet and accommodating.
He was very present and available to answer questions. We had confidence in him as a doctor. He was one of the doctors who performed my laparoscopic surgery and he went above and beyond to make sure everything was done to the best of their abilities. My surgery was more complicated than had been expected but he took extra time to correct issues within my body (scarring from endometriosis caused organs to be very misplaced and he corrected all of them).
He is blunt. On the first visit he seemed intimidating and overly confident. He is very funny when appropriate and has great bedside manner.
We did three letrazole cycles for IUI. After the third he told me we would switch up the meds or move on to IVF. We had already done two medicated cycles without IUI and he was confident that IVF was our best bet. We used the mini stim protocol for IVF. Mainly due to my age at the time (28) and the fear that I would overtime on higher meds as I produced a lot of follicles during IUIs.
It was a well oiled machine. You could go in between 6am and 12pm. I tended to be the first patient in the office due to my schedule. A lot of people would go to offices close to work to accommodate their schedules. I never waited more than 15 minutes, even on days that I showed up later (around 8). They let you do your blood work first if you aren't the first patient into a room which was nice. Rita (phlebotomist) was always friendly and efficient.
The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call. My medicated IUIs were under 2k including meds and daily monitoring (blood work and transvaginal u/s). My mini stim cycle was 11k plus $4000 for meds. I was able to get some donated meds and only paid $3600. After my positive pregnancy test (and two more to confirm the HcG was doubling appropriately) I had to pay for three of my ultrasounds ($60) out of 12 ultrasounds. All other copays were included with the cost of IUI and IVF.
He will not transfer more than one embryo if you are under 34 unless there is very good reason to suspect it is the only way to be successful. As IVF can cause many complications and puts you in the high risk category he does not like to add to possible complications unless well warranted.

Other, Unexplained
RAD has a great portal system to keep track of your appointments and communicate with the staff. I wish that results had been available on the portal, however. I dealt a lot with Stephanie, the genetic counselor, and she was very helpful in explaining my diagnosis and providing resources...I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Bachman is such a warm and inviting person to speak to. She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up. The office staff also got to know my name and our story by the last few cycles we did there. We left this clinic due to a change in location.
The nursing staff was friendly and knew our story and my name by the end of our time with them.
Dr. Bachman always took the time to explain our results and our treatment options in terms that my husband and I would understand. She is a very compassionate physician who makes you feel comfortable about asking questions and voicing your concerns.
When seeing any fertility doctor, I recommend writing down questions before your appointment so you don't forget anything. Also, take notes during the appointment.
I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us. We jumped at this opportunity pretty quickly after our initial consult. At the time, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. During the cycle, I had 52 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized and 9 blastocysts. Of those 9, 3 came back PGS "normal". At this point after looking at these PGS results and doing a karyotype on my husband and I, I was diagnosed with a chromosome abnormality which causes infertility and recurrent miscarriages. We transferred our 3 embryos with 3 separate transfers and none took. We also did 2 Clomid IUIs with good responses which also did not work. At this point, we have moved and started treatment at a more convenient location.
Our monitoring, meds and retrieval and first transfer costs were mostly covered except about $1800. the two additional transfers were about $4000 each. I had IUI coverage through my insurance so just $25 copays a visit.
As a NICU RN, I agree with eSETs as I have seen the risks that multiple gestation pregnancies can carry.
Wilmington

Every visit I felt like a person. Every staff member would take the time and explain to you what was going to happen, why they were doing what they were doing, and would talk to you throughout the procedures and let you know how they were doing.I always felt comfortable and welcome, like they actually wanted help and actually cared. The facilities are top notch every time you walk in...Theresa was amazing at getting answer to questions; because sometime the information was overwhelming and I would think of questions after the fact. She was also very quick in getting anything I needed. Doctor's notes for work, prescription orders, any blood work.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed. She answered all of our questions and even when she did not have the answer she would tell us that, then tell us what we could expect and when she could have the answer to the question that we asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keane)
She was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand.
Listen to her from start to finish, she cares, and has you health and best interest at heart.
My treatment cycle runs about $1700.00 per month with the 3rd month 1/2 price. Right now we have had to pause treatment so we could save up the money. My insurance covered diagnostics.
Newark

Scheduleing is great. For blood work I was about to go before Work at 6:30 in the morning this made it so I did not have to use my vacation time at work. Also they [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are open on the weekend for monitoring appointments... Our coordinators name was dorri. She was great! She was very easy to talk to and very nice. She had our whole calendar ready and went over everything with us
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Scheduleing is great. For blood work I was about to go before Work at 6:30 in the morning this made it so I did not have to use my vacation time at work. Also they are open on the weekend for monitoring appointments
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Fienburg really listened to our story and actually cared about our treatment. He was very thoughtful and honest about our odds of having a child
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri )
How was your experience with Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Feinburg is a great listener. He asked about our fertility journey and actually cared. He answered all questions we had and was explained every test and next step in full detail. I would recommend him to anyone for treatment
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Ask a lot of questions because he will always answer them
Describe the protocols Ronald Feinberg used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
I was referred to dr. Feinburg after having blood test, hsg testing, and my husband doing testing for fertility by my obgyn doctor. At our first meeting with dr feinburg we went over the results and he stated it was male infertility factor. He then explained how it would look if we did iui treatment and the success rate. He then went over ivf treatment and states that he believed we would have a good chance at success with this. He then went over additional testing for my husband and the medications I would need to start taking. After this discussion we decided we were going to try to have a fresh transfer and he went through what our journey would look like
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
After insurance I still paid 10,000 dollars out of pocket for my treatment
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
My two coordinators [at Reproductive Associates of DE] are always kind and promo with responding to me.... Strength- organized, everyone is kind, they work as a team to come up with a plan for each patient Weakness- it's a bigger practice so sometimes the wait times are longer... [monitoring appointments are] Pretty organized. I usually went first thing in the morning to avoid a long wait
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
She is the kindest doctor I've ever met, took time to explain everything, and genuinely cares
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dori and Amy )
My two coordinators are always kind and promo with responding to me.
Dr. Bachman is amazing and there for you every step of the way. Even though I have not had a baby yet and had a lot of set backs she has adjusted treatment accordingly. She is kind and compassionate and a patient advocate. She truly wants to see me succeed with a healthy pregnancy
dont be afraid to ask questions
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps. I've had 3 transfers (one fresh and two frozen) pgs testing was offered to me from the beginning but I chose not to do it then because I didn't have any risk factors. My first transfer ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks. My next transfer was unsuccessful. We the revisited the pgs testing and did that. Unfortunately my last transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. After that we did a recurrent loss workup with normal results. I am waiting on results from an endometrial receptivity aray. After that I will decide when to do my next transfer. I feel I need a little bit of a hormone free break and dr. Bachman is in full support of that. I have 5 embryos remaining and she remains hopeful that I will get pregnant
With all of the treatments I've spent around 20,000

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I feel as though this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.... All patients are put on the same cycle for monitoring & retrieval week. Usually you are seen by a PA or NP during monitoring but not always the same person.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I feel as though this clinic uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovalevsky is very knowledgeable and explains procedures & risks well. I initially felt very comfortable with him but then as we moved further along into a second cycle I didn’t feel like there was a personal relationship at all with him. He would get very uncomfortable if I showed emotion & cried, only to ask me if I needed to see a therapist. Also, I worked at the same surgery center that he works at 1 day a week & I would say hello as I passed him in the hall & he wouldn’t even acknowledge me let alone remember I was his patient!
He is very honest & blunt. He is knowledgeable but do not expect a warm & fuzzy demeanor.
First retrieval I was on follistim twice a day & low dose hcg. I responded quickly & was placed on ganirelix on day 4 of stim meds. Day 9 of the cycle Dr. K scanned me & told me I might get 4 eggs at best & asked if we wanted to cancel the cycle. I cried bc this was the first I was hearing about this! I ended up triggering that day for a retrieval on cycle day 11. A different doctor performed my retrieval and got 10 eggs! A lot more than 4! Ended up with 3 blastocysts.
You are not always seen by the same provider so interpretation of labs as well as u/s results varied.

2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. ... I absolutely LOVED the nurses at RAD! They were so compassionate. They felt our pain, our anguish, and our complete and udder joy!! They were thorough with any explanations that were needed. Very positive all the time! ...
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. We actually ended up switching insurance companies that did cover IVF. For a patient, before they even walk through the doors, they need to understand their health insurance. What other options they have BEFORE they start any treatments (which I'm sure I went over but can't remember).
Dr. Kovalevsky treated me like a human. He generally listened to my concerns and fears of IVF. He looks at your eyes and gently tells you the truth. We had two great experiences with Dr. Kovalevsky which resulted in two wonderful beautiful children!
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I'm not sure if Dr. Kovelvsky had any weaknesses that I experienced. His strengths were that he talked to us as a concerned couple. He answered all questions we had. He wanted to help us as best as he could. We thought he was great!
Biggest Advice: Ask ALL questions you may have...any reservations. He'll answer them.
We tried IUI first. We did three cycles that failed. We tried these because we didn't know how bad my husband's sperm motility was. After the last failed IUI Dr. K instructed us to go to a Urologist. After that we met with Dr. K again, he went over the results of my husband's sperm counts. This resulted in us moving to IVF with ICSI. ICSI was highly suggested to ensure the best results.
My insurance covered everything. We had to pay the deductibles up front and co-pays every visit until I "graduated" from the clinic. In total from start of IUI to the end of the first IVF we spent about $6,000. The second frozen transer IVF we spent about $2,000
We were not interested in multiple embryos transferred. Dr. K was against it as well. Going over my chart, he didn't think it was necessary, he thought I would become pregnant easily without any issues. He was right both times!
Newark

Whenever I have questions regarding medicine, appointments and such, I can message my patient coordinator Theresa Keene through the website portal. I do see several P.A.'s during my monitoring and IUI treatments. I can also contact the billing department via the website portal as well....Dr. Bachman is extremely welcoming and detailed in the information she has been providing, including drawing diagrams to explain the processes and procedures in detail. I am still going through treatment and hope for a good outcome.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
My overall experience has been wonderful. I will say there were a couple of times my appointment was labeled incorrectly. I had a monitoring appointment recently but my form and the P.A. thought I was being seen for my baseline monitoring and blood work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene )
The moment my Husband and I met Dr. Bachman, we instantly felt comforted by her outgoing, positive attitude. Anytime I meet with her, she greets me with a big hug. She is extremely thorough when going over treatment options and my plan of care.
Ask questions! Do not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. If something has been on your mind, if you are confused by what you are being told, simply ask. She is happy to help.
I started IUI treatments in Sept. 2015. August 2015 was spent getting lots of blood work and testing (Sono and HSG). The Dr. could find nothing wrong with myself or my Husband after the conclusion of testing. The Dr. felt that I should start with IUI treatments with artificial insemination. I used Clomid followed by OvidreI did this for 3 cycles. Upon my 4th cycle, a cyst had grown on my right side from the Clomid, so I was required to take a month off from treatment until the cyst disappeared. In January I chose to take one more month off. I started my 4th cycle in Feb. 2016 using Follistim injection 75 units per day, along with my Ovidrel. The 4th cycle failed and I am currently in my 5th cycle with Follistim. I actually just received the call from my Dr. office to take my ovidrel this evening, followed by two days of IUI.
With my insurance, I have unlimited IUI treatments I can utilize. I only have one lifetime max of $15,000 for IVF. In 2015 I paid a $50 for most visits as well as payments when my coinsurance kicked in. For 2016, I had to meet my $750 deductible, no copay and pay the coinsurance.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Cycle of IVF with PGS [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was approximately $18000, including unlimited transfers of any embryos created and all monitoring and procedures...Strengths are small size, compassionate doctors who all seem to "know" your case no matter who you get. Office functions well- appts on time, friendly staff, easy to communicate with coordinator over email. Weakness- the person calling you with daily results and instructions is often non-clinical or at least doesn't seem to really know anything about you so are not prepared to answer your questions. They are more or less just a messenger. It was difficult to be receiving daily important instructions from someone whom I had never met and who didn't identify what their role was in the clinic.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I felt that everyone in the office, from the patient care coordinator to receptionist to physician, understood how hard our journey had been and how important each step of the way was for us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator Donna Reynolds)
Amazing attention to detail, even for things that seemed important to me but may have been more miniscule details
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Feinberg is both brilliant and compassionate. He is committed to understanding his patients' underlying diagnosis so that he can best tailor and personalize their treatment, while also using known evidence to support his decisions. He articulates clearly pros and cons of treatment options when they are available and involves patients in decision making. His gentle bedside manner was also reassuring at the time of stressful procedures. And he celebrates your successes with you.
Be prepared to have some decisions to make yourself- Dr. Feinberg's style of explaining pros and cons, risks and benefits, means that you may be left to make the ultimate decision about your treatment plan where there are equally good options available to you.
First IVF cycle was an agonist protocol with high doses of FSH however this was unsuccessful for us and we retrieved only a few, poor quality eggs that did not produce blastocyts. Second IVF cycle was using "ministim" and this much gentler approach resulted in our best cycle ever that ultimately resulted in pregnancy with transfer of a PGS normal embryo.
Cycle of IVF with PGS was approximately $18000, including unlimited transfers of any embryos created and all monitoring and procedures
Describe Ronald Feinberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strongly favors eSET
Newark

I was a little confused with which office to visit for what as they aren't always in the same room [at Reproductive Associates of DE]. Other wise I can't complain. The rooms were clean, friendly, and welcoming. I never had a problem with the waiting room, bathroom, or anybody the exam rooms.... [Nurses were] Super friendly, helpful, and overall pleasant. They were knowledgeable and never rude or showing impatience. Answered any questions I had no .matter how silly I thought they were.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I was a little confused with which office to visit for what as they aren't always in the same room. Other wise I can't complain. The rooms were clean, friendly, and welcoming. I never had a problem with the waiting room, bathroom, or anybody the exam rooms.
He was very honest and interested in what o had to say. He really seemed to care and took my opinion and past experiences into account. We only ran tests to try and find out if I was, as I put it, barren or not bit that's all we needed. He works with me to help find the problem!
I came to him with concerns about my ability to become pregnant after nearly a year and half of trying. I was unsure where to start and he was compassionate and understanding. He ordered multiple tests to understand my personal situation and how we could best go about my fertility. I don't see him long so I don't have anything negative I recall such as weaknesses and that jazz. I only had positive experiences with him.
Do your research and make sure you have a list of questions ready for him to answer so you get all the information you want.
All we did was test different ways to check my fertility. After the one test where they inject dye into your uterus to check your tubes, I was able to get pregnant. We believe it may have just been blocked tubes
I remember my insurance not willing to pay for the services and the billing department worked with me to make it affordable! They were knowledgeable and friendly. Only wanting to help and not burden me with bills I couldn't pay so they helped find a way to make it work for me
We didn't have to do that.

2005 - 2015
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The office is clean and organized. They have nice magazines to read while you wait, there's free coffee tea and candy. Everyone is happy to be there. I can't say anything bad about them. Even the billing representative is kind. ... I was scheduled for IUI and my husband went in to give a sample while I was at work. He already completed paperwork and did labs he only nedded to give a sample on this particular day. Well he was asked for blood and a sample. ... The office apologized and discarded his blood and never billed our insurance.
2005 - 2015
Investment Banker
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr McGuirk always gives me a hug!! She is warm and caring and wanted me to become a Mother. I felt that she understood my pain.
The nursing staff was great. They returned My calls and emails and never acted as if I was bothering them. They told me about different discounts for my medicine and provided me with a few day's worth of Follistim completely free!
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She's very knowledgeable and gives great advice. Dr McGuirk really cares and takes time to remember important details about her patients. I highly recommend her, in fact I told three coworkers and her and a family member.
Listen to what she has to say. Take notes and trust her. She's an expert on endometriosis and fibroids!
After complaining to my GYN for over two years, Dr McGuirk removed a huge fibroid and treated my endo. I was diagnosed with endometriosis level 4, with blocked tubes and was placed on continuous birth control. This way my hormones would stay level and try to keep the endo down. She recommended a better diet and ways to try and prevent future problems. When it came time to conceive she suggested IVF but I didn't listen. My husband and I wasted time and money on IUI. We did IVF with a frozen transfer and our baby arrived 39weeks later.
My employer paid a great deal but I think I paid about 4K for IUI& IVF. This does not include medications or surgery. Each year there is an egg storage fee of $500
Describe Barbara McGuirk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
One embryo is transferred and after understanding the risks, I was ok with it. Dr McGuirk is against multiple transfers.
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

2013 - 2014
The only confusing thing about RAD is that if you go to their office near to the hospital, they actually have offices on two floors. One is the regular office for bloodwork etc. and the second is for egg retrieval and IVF. This isn't super clear if you go for the first time on a Saturday! The Wilmington office is smaller and I found it easier to navigate and less stressful...
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Bachman and all of the staff at RAD knew my name, my story, about my personal life etc. When I was having a hard time emotionally, they always took the time to talk or hug or whatever I needed.
The nursing staff at RAD was great. I went to the smaller satellite office in Wilmington and the folks there were friendly and compassionate.
Dr. Bachman was wonderful and warm. She was also thorough and knowledgeable. Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too.
Be honest about how you're feeling and ask questions.
I did a series of tests at first that led Dr. Bachman to believe that there might be a leak in one of my fallopian tubes. She performed a laproscopic surgery to assess whether or not it could be fixed or if needed to be removed. Luckily, the tube was a wonky shape causing it to look like it was leaking in the tests, but it did not require any additional work. Afterwards, she started me on letrozole and ovidrel. Letrozole because my family has a history of breast cancer and it has less of a side effect. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the letrozole after two cycles and we discontinued in favor of clomid. I did three cycles of clomid with ovidrel which was successful on the third round. I also had a progesterone supplement which i continued to use throughout my first trimester.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatments. I believe I had about a $25 charge with each standard bloodwork/monitoring appointment and about $50 for other more intensive appointments.

2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Reproductive Assoc of DE] was very busy at the time I was a patient. Sometimes it seemed I was just cycled through, but that was only when I had to go in several times a week for blood draws. During the actual process your coordinator keeps in touch with you and is available for questions. After pregnancy is confirmed and you're nearing the end of the first trimester you are referred back to your OB to continue care. I would have liked it if the clinic had checked in during the pregnancy to see how you were doing, but they didn't.
2005 - 2012
European, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic was very busy at the time I was a patient. Sometimes it seemed I was just cycled through, but that was only when I had to go in several times a week for blood draws. During the actual process your coordinator keeps in touch with you and is available for questions. After pregnancy is confirmed and you're nearing the end of the first trimester you are referred back to your OB to continue care. I would have liked it if the clinic had checked in during the pregnancy to see how you were doing, but they didn't.
He and his team understood why we were seeking his help and was candid through-out the process. Dr. Feinberg was always nice. During my time there it was a busy place with a lot of patients cycling in and out for blood tests so sometimes it seemed we were on an assembly line. No fault of anyone, it was just busy.
The nurses were great and patient. As I stated earlier at the time I was a patient it was a very busy practice so sometimes it was an assembly line when multiple patients came in for the blood tests.
Dr. Feinberg was very knowledgeable about his profession and described the process, the risks (including the risk of disappointment), and everything we needed to know in detail. He is a nice, caring man.
He does not hesitate so be prepared to hear the truth if the news is not good.
I remember that I was referred to Dr. Feinberg for IVF by another doctor in the practice after fertility drugs did not work so by the time I met Dr. Feinberg IVF was the last course of treatment. Once I met him he described the process and began to schedule and institute the procedures. The first round of IVF resulted in pregnancy. When that pregnancy ended suddenly and early we had a second unsuccessful round. The third and last round led to a full term pregnancy. In each round multiple embryos were transplanted to increase the odds with full knowledge that there may be multiple births. Both of the pregnancies resulted in twins.
I only remember co-pays. Insurance covered all of my procedures so I did not have many out of pocket costs.
We understood the approach of multiple embryo transfer and were willing to accept the possibility of multiple births. One of the reasons this approach was selected was due to my advancing age and wanted to increase the odds of success.

2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.... Rhonda is an amazing lady. I probably would not have made it through all of this without her. She was my rock.
2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.
The staff and doctors in this practice become family. They were there for me for any reason I needed every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda )
He doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level. Not sure about everyone else but much of what is going on through all of this is foreign to me and he made it understandable. I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be. As frighten as I was about all of the treatments and whether this was going to work or not listening to his explanations put my mind at ease. Well as much ease as you can have when going through such an important emotional time in your life. I recommend him to anyone that will listen. I tell them my story and how happy I was that I found him and from that meeting I have my amazing son. I will be forever grateful. There are not enough words to describe how much this experience changed not only my life but my whole outlook on life itself. I had to grow up a lot good big through something like this. I never knew anyone who had dealt with infertility before so having a doctor that was able to help me on my level was exactly what I needed. I hope to see him again some day. Maybe we can give it another go and get my son the sibling he has been asking for.
If you have questions ASK THEM! There is a reason for everything and if you don’t understand he will explain it.
I don’t really remember the protocol used. My son is 7 now.
I did a trial with them where they were freezing the eggs then fertilizing them later. Because I was willing to try this type of procedure they offered a free traditional IVF if the trial failed. I had a chemical pregnancy with the trial so we moved forward with the IVF and got the results we prayed for. As for the medications... there were times I couldn’t afford certain ones and they offered to donate some to me from stock that the office has. I also donated what was left of my medication (unopened of course) after treatment for the next person that might need some help.
I remember him telling me the chances having multiples with single vs. multiple transfers and that helping us with the decision that we made.
Newark

I’ve had no issues, it was a little confusing to find it at first but other then that the office [RAD] is nice the testing part is nice. Everyone who works there is helpful and sincere. I would just maybe tell a new patient to get there early Incase they have trouble finding which building it is in ... Just for testing to find out our fertility issues I would have to say close to $1,000 ...They [nursing staff] are all warm and friendly! Mari is so cute and bubbly! She really knows how to make someone feel better! Shes a rockstar
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I’ve had no issues, it was a little confusing to find it at first but other then that the office is nice the testing part is nice. Everyone who works there is helpful and sincere. I would just maybe tell a new patient to get there early Incase they have trouble finding which building it is in
He is very professional and personable and he is also quite funny
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillan)
They are all warm and friendly! Mari is so cute and bubbly! She really knows how to make someone feel better! Shes a rockstar
We are still in the process of finding out what our options are, so I have only met the doctor twice. From what I have seen so far he is a great doctor and I will stick with him. I hope soon enough my husbands issues are addressed and then we can figure out our next step with doctor kovalevsky
Listen to everything he says, he will cover everything and if you need to ask a million questions
We have been trying to conceive for close to 7 years now so when we went to doctor kovalevsky He tested my husband and I throughly to find out what our fertility issue was. Everything is fine with me, he found that my husband has very low Sperm count and motility and morphology. He referred my husband to a urologist who is currently treating him with medications to get his hormones leveled. Once that happens then we are to go back to kovalevsky for another semen analysis to see if we can do IUI since We can not afford IVF

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
[at Reproductive Associates of DE] You will be in a group cycle. You will meet with and talk to many different doctors, PA's and nurse practitioners. The earliest walk in appointment is 6:30am for monitoring. The clinic is organized and everyone uses the patient portal. If you call in the phone it is very hard to reach a live person so plan rouse the portal and you can usually expect a message back that day .
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The cycles are set up to create ease for the clinic, not the patient. Everyone is on the same schedule and begins IVF at the same time. This can sometimes feel impersonal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright, Kristen Fields, Melissa Aiken)
The staff is overall very welcoming and warm. I felt at ease to ask questions.
Dr. Niethardt is extremely smart and likable. It was always pleasant to see her though I didn't often see her as much as I would have liked. Her office is in Wilmington but nearly every appointment after consultation is in Newark. She was compassionate and checked in occasionally.
You must write down and ask all the questions you have. This process can be very confusing.
Medicated IUI with clomid three times IVF with 450ml Gonal daily and Cetrotide and low dose HCG IVF with 100 clomid and 300 Gonal
Monitoring was difficult because I begin work at 7am and the earliest hours were 6:30am. There would often be people lined up at 6:20am for monitoring.
IVF with 20% coinsurance cost approximately $2300. Out of pocket transfer $4200. Medications per cycle between $1000-2500
We were told they would only implant one embryo at a time.
Wilmington

Strengths are positive outcomes. All staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are extremely responsive to portal messages. Billing doesn't hound you for payments as long as you're prompt. I loved the convenience of the in-house lab. Weakness: limited dover hours. No dover procedures, all must be done in Newark.... A mid level performed the IUI portion of the process.... Most nursing was responsible to portal communication.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths are positive outcomes. All staff are extremely responsive to portal messages. Billing doesn't hound you for payments as long as you're prompt. I loved the convenience of the in-house lab. Weakness: limited dover hours. No dover procedures, all must be done in Newark. No specimen transport medium for those traveling from Kent or Sussex County.
Dr. N treated me like I was a close friend. She really connects with her patients and takes our concerns as a priority. We are returning patients and she even remembers my husband and I from two years ago.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Madi)
Most nursing was responsible to portal communication. I got a little discouraged when I waited all day for a phone call for a positive or negative result for the 15 day post iui pregnancy blood test.
Dr. N was extremely warm, friendly, and compassionate. She listens to your every concern. She answers all your questions. She looks you in the eye during all of it instead of charting while talking. A mid level performed the IUI portion of the process.
Get on her books as soon as you can! Come prepared with questions and she will be happy to answer them!
My husband had varicocele repair. 3 months post op we were eligible for IUI. We did two IUIs with femara. The first cycle failed. The second cycle resulted in a singleton live birth.
Insurance did not cover anything. We've easily spent $5,000 thus far.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
They are all a personable staff but they lack communication [at Reproductive Associates of DE-Dover]. We had many hiccups these last few months that has made us question staying a customer. They did make it right but communication is their biggest downfall.... Everything was fantastic until Dr. Kovalevsky left. Once that happened there wasn’t great follow up or someone really in the loop with our care. We even had a missed cycle because of someone dropping the ball.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are all a personable staff but they lack communication. We had many hiccups these last few months that has made us question staying a customer. They did make it right but communication is their biggest downfall.
He was really caring and always took the time to explain and ask questions. He got to know us as a couple. Also, when I was undergoing surgery he held my hand as I went to sleep.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovalevsky was an amazing doctor that took the time to explain things and make sure everyone was comfortable and understood. He had a way about him that made you feel comfortable. He held my hand as I went to sleep during surgery which helped calm me down. It has been a tough road but I wish he could have stayed my doctor.
Try your best to keep him as your doctor!
Dr. Kovalevsky did all necessary test pre-iui that would help ensure the best possible results. He checked my tubes, took a look at my follicles, studied my cycle, and kept me included in every decision for my care. We did have to do a hysteroscopy because of some blockage by fibroids and polyps but he cleaned it all up.
It was pretty expensive and I’m surprised with a states insurance that we couldn’t get anything covered.
He let my wife and I make the decision we wanted. He never told us which one to do he just gave us all the information we needed to make our own decision.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Reproductive Associates of Delaware prefer to do single embryo transfers. They say that multiple embryo transfers don't really increase the chance of pregnancy.... The facilities are very clean and organized. The recovery room after egg retrieval could really use some updating so it does not feel like a hospital. The equipment is new and sophisticated. The location is also easy to get to in northern Delaware.... My wife has had instances where the medicine she needed was not ordered or was sent to the wrong pharmacy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I felt that my wife and I were treated with the highest regard and care.
They were all very friendly and eager to help. Some of the nurses, however, were not proficient in taking blood. They could not find my wife's arm vein and had to use her hand from time to time (very unpleasant for my wife).
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Bachman is very knowledgeable and a true professional. She always made time to see us or talk to us on the phone (even nights and weekends). She was very thorough in her explanations and with what we needed to do to be successful. My wife had endometriosis (stage 2) discovered half way through our treatment. I wish it had been diagnosed prior to 2 of our transfers (may have helped our odds of getting pregnant) .
To ask many questions and be very clear with what you want. There are many different paths to take for infertility. I would suggest doing as much research you can ahead of time before seeing the doctor.
We did IUI (2) times with no success. We then did (4) rounds of IVF with genetic testing of the embryos. My wife has less than average egg quality and we wanted to get as many healthy embryos as we could for transfer.
Up to this point, we've spent approximately $35,000
Reproductive Associates of Delaware prefer to do single embryo transfers. They say that multiple embryo transfers don't really increase the chance of pregnancy. Our 3rd transfer was with an egg that had already hatched. My wife and I may have pushed for implanting the 3rd and 4th egg simultaneously in that case (instead we did a single with a failed pregnancy).
Wilmington
The clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is amazing. Every staff member I have had contact with has been nothing short of amazing. The doctors work as a team, meeting to discuss each patient's protocol and next steps. They continue to keep you involved in your treatment plan and always have another protocol to try if something doesn't work....The IVF coordinators are amazing. They are always available to answer questions or address concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic is amazing. Every staff member I have had contact with has been nothing short of amazing. The doctors work as a team, meeting to discuss each patient's protocol and next steps. They continue to keep you involved in your treatment plan and always have another protocol to try if something doesn't work. Everyone shows compassion when working with patients. The staff is always willing to answer questions or listen to concerns.
Dr. Feinberg and the team at Reproductive Associates treat their patients like they are important. They give you the time you need to get all of your questions answered. They work as a team to help provide the best treatment.
The IVF coordinators are amazing. They are always available to answer questions or address concerns. They are compassionate and respectful in all interactions. They show empathy during the rough times.
Dr. Feinberg is very respectful and informative. He explains everything in detail and answers all questions honestly. He listens to your concerns and takes the time to address every question. He explains the risks related to each procedure and explains each part of treatment in detail.
Dr. Feinberg is very straightforward.
My insurance provide not IFV coverage, so I was a elf-pay patient. My costs were comparable to other clinics and was what we expected to pay for treatment.
Dr. Feinberg strongly believes in single embryo transfers. It is the safest method for transfer. He keeps the patient's health in mind and wants the healthiest pregnancy for his patients.
Newark

They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] care for the patients. They take their time to understand you and be there for you. They also keep up with you after you have a child and want updates. They don't have a lot if weaknesses. They are friendly and explain as much too you.... They [Nursing Staff] were nice and asked a lot of questions they were there for you.... The cost was at least 2,000 with visits and bloodwork
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They care for the patients. They take their time to understand you and be there for you. They also keep up with you after you have a child and want updates. They don't have a lot if weaknesses. They are friendly and explain as much too you.
She understood everything of what I had to say and she agreed with everything with me.
They were nice and asked a lot of questions they were there for you.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She understood everything I asked. And she explained everything to me and how we could work out things with my cycles. And always kept up on my process. I always did bloodwork to keep up in my cycles. It took almost nine months to get pregnant since I had my miscarriage. When I first saw Emilie I just found out I was pregnant and she congratulated me and then a week and half later i had the miscarriage. She followed up with me a month later was there to talk to me. And I got all my testing done to see whata wrong and I found out I had pcos. And she prescribed me metformin for my.pcos took that for at least 7 months and then had a follow up appointment with bachman and discussed to up my prescription and then 2 months later i got pregnant.
She is a caring and awesome doctor.
I got a lot of blood work testings done and they offered monitored iui but I couldn't afford so I just waited it out with all the bloodwork.
The cost was at least 2,000 with visits and bloodwork

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
They [RAD] are very known in the area. The weakness to me is that they are now so big they treat people like a number for the most part. The strengths are the results they have are good. They are also part of a large network if you need to choose donor eggs or donor sperm.... When I called the nurse line for a UTI that I got, they never called back. I had to call them a second time a couple of days later and wait on the line for a nurse to answer. They also take a long time to give you the results of your blood test on whether your cycle took or not.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are very known in the area. The weakness to me is that they are now so big they treat people like a number for the most part. The strengths are the results they have are good. They are also part of a large network if you need to choose donor eggs or donor sperm.
Dr Bachman is very nice and helpful. However, in the RAD office, you get an appointment and see whatever nurse, dr or tech that is there. You don't just see the Dr for your treatment start to finish.
They were very nice. However, I did feel like they were just doing their job. There was no connection at all between you and them. You were just another chart that they looked at and a patient that they treated. The acted programed. This is your next step and send you out the door.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Bachman is wonderful, friendly and helpful. She has the biggest heart I have ever seen with a DR. She was so sweet from day one and even after we had our baby. She is always so friendly and willing to answer any questions that you have or any give you advise. She made you feel relaxed and like you mattered to her. She was very nice whenever I reached out to her for help or support.
Be ready to feel the love and support of Dr. Bachman.
I took hormone shots for 8 weeks leading up to the transfer. Then I took them until the 2 weeks pregnancy test. After it was positive, I continued to take the medication until I was 11 weeks pregnant.
It cost me $28K for the cycle plus extra testing and services.
She would only transfer 1 embryo at a time.

2011 - 2016
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
We took part in the mini-stim program [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] so was appreciative of the reduced costs...They [nurses] were all wonderful. They were understanding and sympathetic and I felt like the all cared...efficient, clean, welcoming...However, other than the initial consultations and transfers, you never got to see him [Dr. Feinberg]. You dealt strictly with the nurses and clinical staff (who were wonderful).
2011 - 2016
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
efficient, clean, welcoming
Felt like he was personally invested, he even came in on a day off to do a transfer himself. The only thing I would have liked to see different was for him to follow up after a transfer and after a negative pregnancy test. You don't really get to see him until the day of a transfer.
They were all wonderful. They were understanding and sympathetic and I felt like the all cared.
He was very helpful when we saw him, he gave us our daughter so we are forever indebted to him and the practice. He came in on a day off to do a transfer himself so I did feel like he was invested. However, other than the initial consultations and transfers, you never got to see him. You dealt strictly with the nurses and clinical staff (who were wonderful). I also wish he would have been a little more firm in what he thought the best course of action for our situation was. I would ask questions about some form of treatment I had heard of that was successful for a friend, or ask about IUI before doing IVF and a lot of the time he would say that we could try it, whereas I'd prefer someone being a little more blunt or firm with why those options weren't a good idea.
Ask him what he thinks is truly the best option for you. Ask him to be blunt and what he would do in your shoes so you don't waste time on things that more than likely won't work.
I don't remember the protocols
We took part in the mini-stim program so was appreciative of the reduced costs
he preferred eSET

2006 - 2016
I absolutely love this office [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] and recommend them to anyone! I like that the office is well organized and you never not know what is next. Our plans were always mapped out on a calender and I always knew what to expect!... The staff all around the office from nursing to the lab and the office staff were all amazing! Well organized and always on top of everything! Very pleasant to work with each cycle
2006 - 2016
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I absolutely love this office and recommend them to anyone! I like that the office is well organized and you never not know what is next. Our plans were always mapped out on a calender and I always knew what to expect!
I always felt like everyone cared from the doctor to the office staff. The one on one care you receive is great during a time that is so rough. I never felt like the doctor wasn't on my side or there to help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy and Dori)
Dr Feinberg was absolutely amazing. He took the time to describe the plans and details of everything. The risks and possible outcomes were laid out for us to understand from day 1. He was always very pleasant and soft spoken.
To expect great service and care!
My first IVF in 2005 was more time consuming trying to identify issues. I had a hydrosalphinx. Plan was to remove my tube and proceed with IVF. I had a cycle of hormones, egg retrieval and transfer of 2 eggs. My daughter is now 10! Second cycle was in 2015, we did a cycle of hormones, egg retrieval and a transfer of one egg. My daughter is now 2!
Not sure totals but under 20,000 each cycle

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
When working very productive associates in the New York office [of Reproductive Associates of DE] you will be working with a very knowledgeable team. The team there is very caring, responsible, and knowledgeable. Every appointment at fall out there we had was a very good experience and a great atmosphere at the same time. We would highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling with infertility and would like to start a family
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
When working very productive associates in the New York office you will be working with a very knowledgeable team. The team there is very caring, responsible, and knowledgeable. Every appointment at fall out there we had was a very good experience and a great atmosphere at the same time. We would highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling with infertility and would like to start a family
He was very kind and respectful, calm speaking and took his time to explain everything without having to feel pressured
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorry)
They were all very professional, knowledgeable and helpful
Being new to this process was very important to us to have somebody who would understand. Even though it was difficult for an RN to agree to do this it was very easy to deal with all the medical personnel and. doctor Kovaleski. He definitely made the process much better. He was very informative, kind, respectful, professional. Always explaining everything and we never felt like we were pressured in any shape way or form.
You will be taken care of by a very good doctor, staff, and office
I do remember using them manage them for my wife because she was a perfect candidate due to her health history and her current age. And at the end the cycle did work for her
My insurance company did not cover not there with the IVF but the follow up visits. So overall between the process, medication it cost us over $15,000

2012 - 2015
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Associates of DE] is absolutely amazing. They truly care about your emotional state during your cycle. Amy was my coordinator. She did absolutely everything in her power to make sure we could afford IVF. She was my right hand during the cycle. I could call her for anything and she was always there for me.... The office is organized and staff are absolutely wonderful. They learn your name and they know your story. They care about your success as much as you do. They have great hours to accommodate all patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
He personalized my treatment to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
The nursing staff is absolutely amazing. They truly care about your emotional state during your cycle. Amy was my coordinator. She did absolutely everything in her power to make sure we could afford IVF. She was my right hand during the cycle. I could call her for anything and she was always there for me.
Dr. Kovalevsky was very straight to the point. He is extremely knowledgeable. I trusted him with every decision he made. He does not have the best bed side Manor. When I had concerns about the number of embryos we lost he wasn’t very comforting.
If you’re looking for a doctor who comforts you, you may want to look at a different physician in the practice.
Dr. Kovalevsky was very thorough in planning for our IVF cycle. He looked for anything that should be addressed prior to the cycle. I overstimulated and he ensured that I was safe and monitored.
The billing department ensured that my insurance covered anything they could find. They assisted me with estimating costs. There was a medication that we could not afford and they happened to have it donated by another patient and they gave it to us. That is what made IVF possible for us. They referred me to specific pharmacies that had the best pricing for certain medications.
Dr. Kovalevsky would not transfer more than one embryo due to riskiness.

2014 - 2019
The nurses [at Reproductive Associates of DE- Wilmington] were amazing, especially Rhonda and Kristen. it was nice to always walk in and be recognized and have the nursing staff remember why we were there and be ready to ask about my health and well-being.... The only advice that I would offer would be to ask exactly how things work as opposed to assuming they work like a normal doctor's office. There are many aspects such as signing in and knowing payment dates that are not 100% clear but will be easily cleared up just by asking a question.
2014 - 2019
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Bachman was very personally involved in my treatment and made me feel like the entire clinic actually cared about my progress and the development and birth of our son. She is exactly the type of doctor that I wants for a treatment like this.
The nurses were amazing, especially Rhonda and Kristen. it was nice to always walk in and be recognized and have the nursing staff remember why we were there and be ready to ask about my health and well-being.
One specific example of the care that Dr Bachman personal I needed was when we found out we had an ectopic pregnancy and we're going to have to abort the pregnancy. Dr. Bachman called from her personal cell phone on her way home from a party when she found out about it to convey her sympathy and help us get through the next steps. I would not hesitate for a second recommending her.
I would recommend that someone be honest about their goals to get a more exact map of their treatment.
Dr. Bachman was very adamant about doing only single embryo transfers and while I would have liked to try multiples I understood and agreed with her reasons.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I have been having debilitating cramps and the nurse [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] did not forward my message to Dr. Bachman...I don’t think the receptionist and billing staff are as compassionate and friendly as the doctor staff. The billing staff treats patient’s as monetary value, not as actually humans. The receptionists don’t seem to really care about their patients at the Wilmington office.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Bachman truly cares about my well being and my ability to be able to conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Lyndsay Bingnear)
I started with Reproductive Associates because Nurse Bingnear was a NP at the facility. She is brilliant, caring, and very thorough.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Bachman explained everything in enormous detail, making me feel safe and secure regarding my upcoming surgery. She laid out a plan and was extremely thorough and compassionate. I would recommend her to my family and closest friends.
Be ready to love her! Her energy is amazing.
We started with diagnostic tests and imaging. After finding multiple polyps and potential endometriosis, Dr. Bachman had me set up for surgery. After the surgery (depending on what is seen) she will decide whether IUI or IVF is the best route for me. Being only 31, I shouldn’t have to worry about infertility, but she assured me that everything will be worth it in the end.
$1,300. Bloodwork. Ultrasound. Sono.
Wilmington

Everyone in the office [RAD] seemed familiar with me and my situation. ... Monitoring appointments were quick mostly. Some days were slower than others although I arrived early in the morning. ... Some of the ladies that walk you back and take your BP are rude and inconsiderate. ... For the most part they are great but a couple that I don’t care to deal with on a regular basis ... I would have preferred to transfer two embryos but it was not the clinic’s practice. ... Nursing team was nice and helpful. ...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Some of the ladies that walk you back and take your BP are rude and inconsiderate. I had a couple of bad experiences with those ladies. For the most part they are great but a couple that I don’t care to deal with on a regular basis
Everyone in the office seemed familiar with me and my situation.
Nursing team was nice and helpful.
Dr. Bachman explains your risks well. She is very realistic about your opportunity for success. She sometimes could use a little more practice with delivery or framing up information so it’s not as hurtful. She is very supportive and understanding. She sometimes seems rushed when talking and could slow herself down a bit. When we first met I struggled with her style but we have grown close through this journey.
Be patient with her bedside manner because she is a good doctor.
We used a medium dose and will use a slower dose for upcoming cycle. My body responded well to the treatment.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
So happy that RAD only does single embryo transfers!... i have no complaints, I just wish they had early hours at a closer locations. i had to drive 2 hours at 4 am to make it before work. I loved their convenience of the portal and flexible scheduling. i also liked that blood work was done right at the office.... We did many tests to make sure I didn’t have any cysts, polups, or blocked tubes. My husband was tested for many things including varicose veins. We tried IUI and moved on to two rounds of IVF.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
He was very polite and cautious of our feelings. He reminded me that I needed to relax and let him do his job!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Beth )
Extremely friendly and welcoming! They were just as excited for us as family and friends.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovalevsky was amazing. From our consultation he went over every possible choice my husband and I had on our road to having kids. He calmed our fears and allowed us to make decisions we felt best with.
Reach out and ask for help soon. We took the time to go through every possible step before completing IVF, and while we are happy with our outcome, we also spent a lot of time “waiting.”. Dr. Kovalevsky let us know at our first consolation that IVF was a possibility and a better shot for us.
So happy that RAD only does single embryo transfers!
Newark

The clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] was always positive and made me feel comfortable. They knew my situation and never made me feel like a number. They were flexible with my schedule and always able to accommodate. There were times where I ran out of medicine and they were able to help me. After hours, they returned my calls within a timely manner and answered my questions. Never, did I feel like I was bothering them.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic was always positive and made me feel comfortable. They knew my situation and never made me feel like a number. They were flexible with my schedule and always able to accommodate. There were times where I ran out of medicine and they were able to help me. After hours, they returned my calls within a timely manner and answered my questions. Never, did I feel like I was bothering them.
The dr. was very thorough with his explanation. I felt that he gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. He never pushed a particular treatment on me. He was very upfront and honest about my options and chances of getting pregnant with each option.
They never made me feel like just another patient. They were kind and compassionate. They saw me as a person and I felt like I got very personalized care.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovalevsky was very honest and professional about my diagnosis. He was helpful and always explained the chances of each procedure. He was thorough and made sure I had the best chance at getting pregnant.
He will give you options, he will not tell you what to do or what treatment to take.
It was costly. I had to pay for the procedures and the medicine.
PCOS, Other
I think their [Reproductive Associates of Delaware-Wilmington] billing practices leave a lot to be desired. I feel like I didn’t always know what to expect as far as how much money was due and when. As far as appointments and scheduling there were good.... We did 4 rounds of clomid and I initially responded well. During the 4 cycle the stimulation was taking longer and my body was not reacting as well. At that point she told me she thought ivf was my best bet and she thought my chances of success would be very high. She was right!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I think their billing practices leave a lot to be desired. I feel like I didn’t always know what to expect as far as how much money was due and when. As far as appointments and scheduling there were good.
I cannot say enough good things about her. She got to know me very well and I could tell she cared. She was very patient and great at explaining everything.
Caring, empathetic and knowledgeable
Very patient and knowledgeable. She gave advice without being overbearing. She seemed like a genuine and kind person. I was very upset throughout the process and she totally understood that. She gave me a very good idea what to expect and I knew she was always there if I needed her.
Not to give up hope and that it’s liekli she can help you conceive!
I think the grand total of all the clomid, iui and mini ivf was between 15-17k

2008 - 2015
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] makes you feel like you are their only patient. Especially back in 2008 when I started with them. As the years went on, I do feel like it got a little too big and they lost some of that extra personal touch. Overall, though, they were always organized and on top of all my medical needs... Amy [a RN] ALWAYS knew my name and case. All nurses were kind, caring and compassionate. I never felt embarrassed or uncomfortable in any situation
2008 - 2015
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
This clinic makes you feel like you are their only patient. Especially back in 2008 when I started with them. As the years went on, I do feel like it got a little too big and they lost some of that extra personal touch. Overall, though, they were always organized and on top of all my medical needs
Very personable care, he and all staff knew my case
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Amy ALWAYS knew my name and case. All nurses were kind, caring and compassionate. I never felt embarrassed or uncomfortable in any situation
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
He was very thorough and honest about our situation and care. He was always up front yet compassionate when giving us information. He seemed knowledgeable about my history despite having tons of patients.
Listen to what he has to say and review all your options that he suggests
Ivf: I started on the pill to get my cycle on the dates they wanted. Meds (can’t remember names): injections in the belly to build up egg production, egg retrieval, embryos created, 1 embryo transfer. We did only one each time because of my age and that our infertility was from the male side
Insurance covered most of my cycle costs. When I did have out of pocket expenses, the office was very helpful and worked with me.
Wilmington

New patients should know that they [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] care about each and every individual person that comes through the clinic. They don’t just want your business they truly want to help you start a family. I remember that they were very helpful through each step from the financial aspect to the medical aspect to being my cheerleaders.... Nursing staff in general made me always feel welcome , I always felt that I was among friends
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
New patients should know that they care about each and every individual person that comes through the clinic. They don’t just want your business they truly want to help you start a family. I remember that they were very helpful through each step from the financial aspect to the medical aspect to being my cheerleaders.
I felt like a human. Through everything he was always friendly, always honest and very kind
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
It’s been almost 3 years since my IVF experience so specifics are fuzzy. However, I remember going through it and thinking I couldn’t imagine having a different doctor. The doctors positive attitude and outlook kept me coming back even when things got hard. I knew I was in the best hands and I was getting the best care. I have recommended him and the other doctors there over and over again. He was always friendly, honest, caring, encouraging and even funny. He would sense my tension and help ease me and my husband through it all.
Trust him and trust the process.
I believe they felt that the success rate was higher with single embryo transfer
Newark

They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are one of the best clinics for fertility and all the staff are very welcoming. When I first walked into the door they welcomed me with open arms, when I was first very scared to even go talk to a doctor about my fertility issues.... Dr. Kovalevsky was an amazing communicator and always made sure that you understood every aspect of your treatments. He has great bedside manner and treated me very well. He is a very knowledgeable individual and always answered any questions that I may have thought where a "stupid question" and made sure I understood.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are one of the best clinics for fertility and all the staff are very welcoming. When I first walked into the door they welcomed me with open arms, when I was first very scared to even go talk to a doctor about my fertility issues.
If I did not understand something that was being told to me, he would explain it in a way that I would be able to understand.
They were all very excellent
That he is an amazing doctor and ask any question, because no question is a "stupid question".

1 IUI, IVF
Overall this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] is great. I wish I this clinic has little bit more extended hours. SUE was the best among all the person. This place is well organized and clean. nurse BAKY(hope I spelled right) is very friendly and very helpful. Only one problem with this clinic I have with the billing department, they overcharged me which I had to catch.!
1 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Overall this clinic is great. I wish I this clinic has little bit more extended hours. SUE was the best among all the person. This place is well organized and clean. nurse BAKY(hope I spelled right) is very friendly and very helpful. Only one problem with this clinic I have with the billing department, they overcharged me which I had to catch.!
He is very patient and good listener. He always tries to be in same boat with the client and suggest us what is cheaper and better as we are paying from our own pocket. One more person I have to mention is miss sue. She is the best I ever had.
He was very nice to us and always tell us what is the best decision for us. We wish we would have listened to him from the beginning of the treatment.he explained us the whole process of the treatment very clearly and answered all my questions.
Just do whatever he says
Newark

Every member of this staff [at Reproductive Associates of DE] was incredible. They all showed genuine concern for what we were going through and always ready to help and answer questions at any time! Staff always professional and easy to work with and flexible.... Absolutely incredible staff in every way!! Showed genuine care and concern for us during the entire process and supportive each and every visit. Can’t express how impressed we were with the entire team!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Every member of this staff was incredible. They all showed genuine concern for what we were going through and always ready to help and answer questions at any time! Staff always professional and easy to work with and flexible.
Always felt heard and all questions answered in a timely manner. Always felt like they had time for us and we were never rushed through any discussions or decisions. Entire staff was kind and considerate. throughout process.
Dr Feinberg was always kind and compassionate at each visit. He was extremely good at explaining all the steps along the way. My husband and I felt confident in each decision and informed on each and every process along the way.
If you have questions about anything just ask!
Approximately $20,000
Newark

I loved the clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] and all the staff were very friendly. The only thing I didnt like is when I couldn't come up with the rest of the money for ivf I wasn't given any orher options as to another treatment... My coordinator was very organized and showed compassion and her own personal experience. Sometimes I could not get an answer from her and had to contact someone else
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I loved the clinic and all the staff were very friendly. The only thing I didnt like is when I couldn't come up with the rest of the money for ivf I wasn't given any orher options as to another treatment and that made me a little upset
My doctor made sure that I understood every part of my process and made me feel comfortable
Dr. Neithardt was very knowledgeable with the information she gave me and always made sure I understood the process. Only downfall is when I couldn't come up with all of the money I needed for my procedure I wasn't given any other options.
If you come into a jam ask about your other options even if you have agreed on one set treatment
After insurance I had to come out of. Pocket roughly $8000
I wasn't given the option to have more them one embryo transfer
PCOS, Other
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is always on time, friendly (they remember who you are), helpful, and have a lab right in house so you don't have to go anywhere for lab work...The staff is always punctual and there to listen. They explain everything and answer whatever questions you may have...Dr Bachman was very personable, there to listen, and went over every step of every process. She has a great bedside manor. After my last negative pregnancy test, she called me personally from her cell phone to make sure I was okay.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
None. This clinic is always on time, friendly (they remember who you are), helpful, and have a lab right in house so you don't have to go anywhere for lab work
Very personable and there to listen
After having a hsg and soon, dr Bachman decided to go forth with surgery as we thought my tubes were blocked. We found out during surgery that I was actually missing the right side of my uterus and tube. We then stared on letrazole and ovidrel and came out with 4 negative rounds. Dr Bachman had us come in and discuss next steps. My husband and I have both felt completely in the loop with treatment
After insurance I pay 20% of all services
Endometriosis, Other
It's [Reproductive Associates of DE] a friendly atmosphere and the Dr's are knowledgeable and compassionate. The ladies at the front desk were a little impatient but the dr.s were very helpful when recommending treatment. If you are a new patient I would recommend searching for specific questions that you want to ask because we all forget things and then remember when we leave the office.
Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
It's a friendly atmosphere and the Dr's are knowledgeable and compassionate. The ladies at the front desk were a little impatient but the dr.s were very helpful when recommending treatment. If you are a new patient I would recommend searching for specific questions that you want to ask because we all forget things and then remember when we leave the office.
This doctor explained every detail of what is to be expected and every step before and after treatment
They were helpful when we arrived.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
George Kovalevsky is a patient and trustworthy doctor. He took the time to explain all of the treatments and what he felt was best. He was easy to communicate with and offered advice on sperm clinics as well as printed information with all of the options as well.
Ask many questions.
My insurance did not cover any of the costs.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The[Reproductive Associates of DE] office in Christiana is too big and over crowded. The office in Wilmington is much more quaint and welcoming. The wait times were often very long in Christiana and it was very frustrating because I often had to take 3 hour lunch breaks for appointments because of the insane wait times.... The nurses were always so wonderful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The office in Christiana is too big and over crowded. The office in Wilmington is much more quaint and welcoming. The wait times were often very long in Christiana and it was very frustrating because I often had to take 3 hour lunch breaks for appointments because of the insane wait times.
The nurses were always so wonderful and compassionate.
Dr. McGuirk performed my endometriosis surgery. It changed my life. It not only allowed me to become pregnant through IVF but it has changed my life tremendously as a woman. I no longer live in agony every month. Although I never actually met her personally, I was already asleep before she arrived to the room for surgery, I have a high regard for her and all she does for women and hopeful potential moms.
Don't lose hope!
Surgery to remove endometriosis.
Fortunately, my insurance covered my costs. I believe my surgery for Endo was over $25k and my IVF cycle at RAD an additional $10k.
2011 - 2012
I absolutely loved the staff at Repoductive associates, from the front desk and scheduling to all of the providers. They were all very knowledgeable and understanding . They were able to meet my needs and support me through, through good and bad results. I always felt that bye were very involved in my care
2011 - 2012
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Knowledgeable, supportive and caring, they take time to educate and explain the processes to you. You develop close personal relationships with the staff and they are never judgemental. There was never any confusion or mix ups regarding your care and your next steps. It’s amazing how smooth they make this process seem
She was honest and did what she felt was best for me and my needs
The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and showed care and compassion
If you are looking for a vey knowledgable, honest provider she would be a great fit
Though it has been years ago that we began building our family with Dr.McGuirk, it was roughly $14-16,000
They recommended 1 single transfer for the safety of you and the embryo
Newark
We had anticipated more help dealing with insurance claims and were led to believe they [RAD] would intercede when necessary, but this did not happen. We had to be very proactive every step of the way to make sure our coverage was correct. They are wonderful at responding quickly. ... we needed more guidance navigating drug coverage. ... Yes, they will only transfer one embryo, and we understand the reasons why.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
We had anticipated more help dealing with insurance claims and were led to believe they would intercede when necessary, but this did not happen. We had to be very proactive every step of the way to make sure our coverage was correct. They are wonderful at responding quickly.
He was very patient with our numerous questions and showed a lot of compassion.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
He is kind, informative, patient, and appropriately humorous. He put me and my husband at ease by answering every question we had. He prepared us to be “cautiously optimistic” as we embarked on this process.
Ask every question you have; he’s listening.
IVF for diminished ovarian reserve.
Yes, they will only transfer one embryo, and we understand the reasons why.

IUI, Donor Sperm
Everyone [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was always very friendly, welcoming, and professional...Very professional and organize. They are very flexible with patient scheduling and response with any questions or concerns...Dr Bachman was very professional but compassionate. She listened to your concerns and answer all questions. She was available anytime to address your concerns or hold your hand as you walk thru the process of IVF...IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
IUI, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Great people skills, makes you feel like she is treating a family member.
Everyone was always very friendly, welcoming, and professional.
You will be in great hands.
IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
To date $10,000
RAD mainly uses single embryo transfer to reduce multiple birth.

2011 - 2014
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Through IUI treatments, an IVF cycle, and a battle with thyroid cancer, Reproductive Associates of Delaware truly felt like my family during my 2.5 year journey. I felt like they cared about me and were cheering for me all the way. Dr. Feinberg was a source of hope throughout my entire experience. He was the perfect balance - knowledgeable, humble, and motivating! He and his staff provided the utmost care and I am so thankful to them for my dream come true - my little boy!
2011 - 2014
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
They were incredibly caring. I felt like they were cheering for me the whole time.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is so warm and comforting but tells you like it is at the same time. She always takes her time and you never feel rushed....She was extremely informative and kind. The best doctor I could have asked for....She has amazing bed side manner and you will feel heard....Can be hard to get an apt late in the day, the latest is typically 3:30pm
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Can be hard to get an apt late in the day, the latest is typically 3:30pm
She is so warm and comforting but tells you like it is at the same time. She always takes her time and you never feel rushed.
She was extremely informative and kind. The best doctor I could have