Genetic counseling: Offered
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
2700 Silverside Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to a friend?

I often left [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions...We had a miscommunication with the genetic counselor about the pgd process which ended up delaying our cycle, and it didn't seem like all the other clinicians were up to date on where we were in that process, but she quickly corrected it and has been great and helpful otherwise
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The portal system is helpful, they are very organized and systematic which puts me at ease. I wish the doctors had more availability but that's pretty common. The coordinators are very responsive to portal messages, they hardly ever answer the phone though
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully
They're caring and answer questions during your exams, I always felt like I knew what was going on after an exam except during my IVF monitoring. I often left with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I think she has great bedside manner and cares a lot about the success of her patients. The doctors at RAD all consult with each other and it makes me feel reassured that I'm in good hands and getting good care
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dont have expectations of what your diagnosis will be, what your treatment plan will be, or when you may get pregnant. That's only setting yourself up for disappointment. And come to every appointment with questions written down since it's hard to get an appointment
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility, got referred to a urologist. And then started IVF with pgs/pgd. I was on follistim and clomid, and had a lot of follicles but only got 8 eggs, and 2 made it to the blastocyst stage. I'm waiting to talk to Dr. Bachman about how our 2nd cycle may be different
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
so far we've paid about 20,000 not including medications
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
She strongly believes in SET
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The only weakness I have found is the hours of operation [at RAD- Newark]. With the amount of appointments the latest is 4:00 there should be one day where appointments can be made later. The one good thing is you are assigned to a couple coordinators depending your plan of action for treatment so you get familiar with who is coordinating your care.... My re only does single embryo transfer. It is safer for mom and baby
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The only weakness I have found is the hours of operation. With the amount of appointments the latest is 4:00 there should be one day where appointments can be made later. The one good thing is you are assigned to a couple coordinators depending your plan of action for treatment so you get familiar with who is coordinating your care.
Every time I have been greeted by Dr. Bachman I get greeted with a hug and by name. Dr.Bachman doesn’t even really have to reference the chart. Everything is well explained, and the sympathy and empathy are awesome.
Dr Bachman is both knowledgeable and kind hearted. Every step of the way she asks if you are okay and understand. Also she is compassionate. I have never met a doctor I trusted more. When something in my protocol changes she calls to explain and make sure I’m still okay with it. I’m about to start my first cycle in a couple weeks so their is so much I still can’t answer just yet but she is awesome. I’ll be upset when I do graduate to a regular obgyn after my treatment.
Be open and honest with her. Tell her your fears and concerns. Dr Bachman can’t do her job to the best of her ability if she doesn’t know what’s bugging you. Be honest and open. It’s a tough process as it is.
I honestly don’t know as I’m just getting ready to start a Ivf cyclein may
My cycle of invitro will cost 1,960 (with insurance) this doesn’t cover medications. Medications are 4,500 on top of co pay of 45.00 per visit. I also am currently paying off the surgery I had that diagnosed my tubal issue. It’ll be around roughly 7,000
My re only does single embryo transfer. It is safer for mom and baby
Newark

Strengths: there are two offices (Newark & Wilmington), Wilmington [Repro Assoc of DE] has hours starting as early as 6:30 AM, my doctor was very thorough in explaining any procedures, the financial team broke everything down for me in the beginning, they use an online portal to communicate and most responses were very quick. Weaknesses: Some nurses are a little cold, the doctor does not perform the IUI procedure.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths: there are two offices (Newark & Wilmington), Wilmington has hours starting as early as 6:30 AM, my doctor was very thorough in explaining any procedures, the financial team broke everything down for me in the beginning, they use an online portal to communicate and most responses were very quick. Weaknesses: Some nurses are a little cold, the doctor does not perform the IUI procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Neithardt genuinely cares for me and my wife. She is concerned about the factors that apply to us. She is knowledgeable, compassionate, and emphatic during the entire process.
Some of them a great and compassionate and try to have a conversation, to others they just try to get you in and out.
How was your experience with Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Before seeking out help to get pregnant, I had never visited a gyno. I had major anxiety, but Dr. Neithardt put me at ease. I was thoroughly evaluated before going through any pregnancy planning. This was great because my wife and I were still on the fence about starting the journey to build a family, but knew that we needed more information before we could make a decision. It turns out that I have stage 3 endometriosis and had a 3.5 inch cyst on my ovary. Dr. Neithardt performed a laparoscopic surgery to help these issues. I was fully informed before, during, and after the surgery. Due to the severity of my endo, we all would have liked to move straight to IVF but we have to follow insurance guidelines. She was candid with my chances of conceiving doing IUI, but very hopeful and emphatic to our situation. The only downfall is that we don't get to see her during each appointment. We would have loved if she was the one doing our IUI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
You are in good hands!
Describe the protocols Adrienne Neithardt used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
IUI #1: low dose of letrozole, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories. Negative pregnancy test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
BCBS of Delaware Lab co-pay: $10 Ultrasound co-pay: $30 IUI: $48 Laparoscopic surgery co-pay: $50 Letrozole: $0 Trigger shot: $70ish Progesterone suppositories: $50ish
Describe Adrienne Neithardt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I believe RAD only does single embryo transfers.
Wilmington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

2013 - 2019
Best thing about RAD is the appointments are on time, never any delay. Test results are reported the same days which means you get your results on the same day. This is useful especially when you are waiting to know whether you are pregnant or not. ... Nursing staff at RAD are great. They are prompt without any delays, compassionate in what they do. Lovely people
2013 - 2019
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
She made me feel more like a human. She took the time to make me understand the various steps involved in IVF and Genetic testing even though she could have ordered it to be explained by her staff. After my miscarriage, she hugged me and felt sorry.
Dr Neithardt is always a welcoming and a positive doctor. She would explain the issues with transparency. She took time to explain the various steps of IVF and genetic testing. She is compassionate towards her patients. I received an email from her about my miscarriage. Usually doctors do not find the time to send emails to their patients but Dr Neithardt took time and thinks about her patients. Without the support of Dr Neithardt, I would not have my beautiful daughter and I am thankful to the doctor. Even during surgeries, she stops by before as well as after the surgery to explain things in detail. She is a warm and a caring person.
The only advice I can give is to trust her. She is the best doctor who has a very good knowledge and experience. She will make sure you get pregnant and have a baby.
My previous stimulation was a regular stimulation and she adjusted the dosage through out the stimulate which provided very good results. My current stmulation which is going on right now, she is using minimal medicines. I am taking 300 units of Gonal F, 100mg of Clomid, Doxycycline 100mg. This time I am very much comfortable with the amount of medication and hopefully the results.
I was always lucky to have my insurance cover IVF expenses. So we always ended up paying the deductibles which is around $3250 each for 2018 and 2019
Doctor always advices to get a single embryo transferred. I think this is very important as it reduces the risk of multiple births.
Newark

Sometime the click [RAD-Newark] assumes you know something when you don't. for example no one told me they were ordering my medication and one day i got a call from a pharmacy asking me for $3,000. I was so confused and had to call RAD. once they explained what was going on i felt better, but i would have liked to been kept in the loop a little more.... They were always very kind and answered any questions i had. If they saw i was nervous they would talk to me and calm me by joking with me or distracting me. They took an interest in my husband and i by asking us questions about our hobbies and always remember them when we came back.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Sometime the click assumes you know something when you don't. for example no one told me they were ordering my medication and one day i got a call from a pharmacy asking me for $3,000. I was so confused and had to call RAD. once they explained what was going on i felt better, but i would have liked to been kept in the loop a little more.
Dr. Bachman always spoke to us openly and honestly. She never checked the clock while working whit us and spent as much time with us as we needed until we felt completely comfortable and confident in our next steps. when she saw us, it was always like she was welcoming a member of her family into her office. I felt that I could be frank and blunt with her, as is my nature. When she saw disappointment or fear in us, she always guided us toward the positive but kept expectation realistic.
Dr. Bachman was a great doctor and did a great job of making me feel safe. she came in to see me before the procedure and talked to me about what to expect. she always made sure my husband and i were comfortable and kept in the loop.
Be sure to ask your questions. She is very good at answering or restating something that doesn't make sense to you. Sometime i was a bit overwhelmed and couldn't think of any questions at them time. I would later realize i was full of question and Dr Bachman was always willing to meet with us again to go over the information once more.
I underwent Mini Stem. She gave me a low does of injections and kept me under close watch.
$13,700 plus an additional $6,800 in medicine and additional fees

2016 - 2019
The only issue [at RAD-Newark] is that sometimes you need to wait even an hour in the office to see her even though you have an appointment and no one cares about it. Moreover, the coordinator of Dr. McGuirk forgets to send my prescriptions and to set up appointments for me to do my blood works and this happened to me a couple of times. That makes me worried to miss something and I need to take notes to make sure I can follow up every thing by myself.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
It is clean and beautiful. With a good atmosphere and tea and coffee that is suitable for the long waiting times you will spend to see the Dr. The staff, however, are friendly, respectful, and helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is very friendly and cares about her patients and their feelings. She suggests you to take care of your diet and recommends doing whole 30. She even shares her own receipe of an every day morning juice with you that can help your immunization system. The only issue is that sometimes you need to wait even an hour in the office to see her even though you have an appointment and no one cares about it. Moreover, the coordinator of Dr. McGuirk forgets to send my prescriptions and to set up appointments for me to do my blood works and this happened to me a couple of times. That makes me worried to miss something and I need to take notes to make sure I can follow up every thing by myself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquilin)
She is kind but she forgets almost 70% of what she needs to do and then I have to call her (and she never replies) and leave her messages (either online or by phone) and wait for her to reply and take action. This is inconveninet, beleive me.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
How was your experience with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is very helpful and answers every single questions that you have. She is very professional and knows what she is doing. She explains every thing in an understandable manner and supports you if you feel down or worried. She never forces you to do something and always respects your personal choice as long as it does not risk your health. However, I sometines felt that she is suspicious on fertility issues in everyone because of her field of experties. She is insisting on the fact that I have an endometriosis but I do not buy this because I don’t have severe pain or something. We talked about it and I have never been convinced by her explanations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Ask as much questions as you need to be clear about what’s going on, she won’t do it automatically. Be careful with the coordinator, she forgets lots of things.
Describe the protocols Barbara McGuirk used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I had to pay a lot for some diagnostic procedures like HSG (~$300) even though I have never tried to get pregnant and I am not sure how neccesary was doing something like HSG for me. I pay a 20$ copay for each visit and overall I think I paid over $2k since 2016 for everything.
Describe Barbara McGuirk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Clinic [RAD-Newark] is very professional, staff (some) is very nice, and welcoming.They make you feel like part of the family. Hardly ever much of a wait time to be seen, they are very prompt and attentive to your needs.... I was initially assigned to one coordinator, she was very short, and expressed no real interest in helping me...always pushing me off to someone else with questions. After sometime I became connected with my current coordinator, and I must say, she is hard to reach by phone, but she does respond to emails, and voicemails when she can. She got what I needed done to move forward with IVF. Others just didn't show as much interest.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Clinic is very professional, staff (some) is very nice, and welcoming.They make you feel like part of the family. Hardly ever much of a wait time to be seen, they are very prompt and attentive to your needs.
During my first appointment I did not know exactly what to expect. Once I was warmly welcomed by Dr. Neithardt the nervousness instantly disappeared. She was kind, gentle and sympathetic. I visited a clinic once before and left very unhappy, and sad, felt like a failure etc....That never happened with Dr. Neithardt is human, she understands, she listens and is there to help you. She has a very high patience level..she explains all treatment, services etc...all in full detail, so it does not leave you wondering if pregnancy is even possible for you, she makes you feel as if you have a strong chance. Visiting RAD is the best choice my spouse and I have made.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller)
Dr. Neithardt is so sweet, soft, gentle, and very aware of your feelings. All my experiences with her have been wonderful from day one through all my continued service with her now. I could not have made a better choice in picking a doctor that cares from the heart.
If you go in and you feel there is no hope for you to have a family. Dr. Neithardt will have you leaving with a huge smile letting you know it is hope. She is very genuine.
Working toward my first cycle now.
So far my out of pocket we have paid around $1,000.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [RAD-Newark] really tries to accommodate as much as possible. They have multiple ways of reaching you to remind you of an appointment. They have a portal that makes it easy to get in touch with anyone in the practice who you need to speak with. And the billing department tries to work with your insurance as much as they can to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.... They are all as compassionate and concerned as Dr. Bachman is with both my progress through the process as well as my contentment with my experience.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic really tries to accommodate as much as possible. They have multiple ways of reaching you to remind you of an appointment. They have a portal that makes it easy to get in touch with anyone in the practice who you need to speak with. And the billing department tries to work with your insurance as much as they can to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
Dr. Bachman is very conscious of how you feel. She understands the frustration of not being able to conceive, the pain you may be going through due to your medical history, and she tries to make you as comfortable as possible throughout your treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
Dr. Bachman tries to ensure that every step of your process is as easy as she can make it. She tries to prepare you as best she can for the next steps. She stops to check how you and your partner are feeling. And she occasionally asks how things went when she wasn’t there to make sure everything is as good for you and your partner as it can be.
It might take a while to get your first appointment, but be patient. Once you get passed that first appointment, everything runs much smoother.
I didn’t ask specifically why I am on the protocol I am on, but I do know that based on my estrogen levels, Dr. Bachman recommended that my husband and I do a frozen transfer instead of a fresh transfer to minimize the risk of my getting sick after the embryo is implanted.
The lab work was expensive, but other costs that I thought would be expensive, he bulking team worked with my insurance to bring down the cost.
My Dr. will not do multiple embryo transfer because she feels if there is more than 1 embryo in the uterus, the embryos then compete for what they need reducing the chances of having a healthy baby

7 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
All of the staff involved in our treatments [at RAD-Newark] were incredible! Such compassion and caring was shown in each and every appointment. They became like family and we missed them when treatment was over and we were pregnant with our little girl! ... Fantastic staff and doctors. Very knowledgeable. Create such a caring environment. Weakness is that i through self search found a way to buy the medications much cheaper yet they did not guide me to that.
7 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Fantastic staff and doctors. Very knowledgeable. Create such a caring environment. Weakness is that i through self search found a way to buy the medications much cheaper yet they did not guide me to that. Also i have a friend who went there and her 2nd retreival didnt go well and she never heard back from them and herself never contacted them again as she was in tears on the fact she couldnt move forward with that approach. It would have been nice if they made contact again just to check on her and remind her there were other options she could explore if she wanted to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr Feinberg showed care and compassion for our journey. He was very to the point about our chances yet gave the information in a caring manner. He asked about our daughter once she was born and when we had appointment with him and she was in the room, he picked her up and held her and took time with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Sorry cannot remember the name!)
All of the staff involved in our treatments were incredible! Such compassion and caring was shown in each and every appointment. They became like family and we missed them when treatment was over and we were pregnant with our little girl! We took her back to meet them once we had her.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
How was your experience with Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr Feinberg is extremely knowledgeable in his field. His discussions made it clear he stays on the cutting edge of research to help as many people as possible achieve their dream of becoming a parent. Even if he knew he or his clinic couldnt help, he would recommend someone who could. Dr Feinberg was compassionate yet very factual and erred on the side of caution. While we hung in there for 7 rounds to make our daughter lily, he spoke of the facts which were it was unlikely at my age (45) we would achieve this with our own egg. We did, but his facts were truthful. He was very gentle in always letting us know the statistics and alternative approaches yet still supported us when we kept going. When there was a small issue during one round of biopsys, Dr Feinberg called us himself to explain and heavily supported us to make sure we had a positive outcome. Dr Feinbergs teams treatment identified I had cervical cancer before our first embryo transfer, and that ultimately could have saved my life. Their quick action on what they saw led to diagnosis and treatment within a matter of months.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
To know he will give all knowledge based on facts that could be overwhelming at times but he is very gentle and happy to go over it as many times as necessary to explain all options. Whilst his view may not be what you want it to be, it will be realistic and based on prior outcomes. He wont mislead nor hold punches.
Describe the protocols Ronald Feinberg used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
The first round was on a low dose of stims and no follicles were triggered. Second round was even lower dose which works for some but didnt work for us. Third round much higher dose and for the remaining 4 we were at the top of the limit for the volume of drugs we were taking. Ultimately it was successful however our last round we did not get any eggs at retreival. We believe the one good embryo we got was around the middle of our 7 cycles
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Approx $22,000 for two IVF cycles to retrieve and use own eggs. Approx $22,000 for egg donor (8 eggs) plus PGS
Describe Ronald Feinberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They only offer single embryo transfers. They explained why however i think it might be nice if they offered multiple transfers to patients if they understood the risks.
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ronald Feinberg at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

2015 - 2019
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant...Mari is a great coordinator! She answers all my crazy questions, works hard to get me appointments that fit around teaching, and she was a patient at RAD. She knows exactly what you’re going through! There are so many great PA’s and nurses at RAD! Even on my worst day they stopped everything to make sure I was going to be okay. Love them!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant.
She was open and honest with me about my endometriosis, possibility of getting pregnant due to my age, she answered my mom’s questions, and prayed with me before my surgeries and after my miscarriage.
She is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!
Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way.
My 1st time with Dr. McGuirk, I had surgery to remove my endometriosis and polyps. I did a round of clomid and was pregnant with timed intercourse. I waited a while after my daughter was born and went back to Dr. McGuirk to try again. Again, we did surgery to remove any endometriosis and polyps that I had. I did 2 rounds of clomid and timed intercourse to see if we could get pregnant on our own. Unfortunately, we weren’t as lucky as before. We moved on to IUI and had some success. My first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My second IUI resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, at my 11 week appointment there was no heartbeat and a growth was found on the baby. After the biopsy following the D&E , it was found to be a mutation of the Down syndrome gene. Once my body levels out again after a few months, we’ll meet with a genetics counselor before doing any further procedures. This will give us more information about the possibility of a healthy pregnancy.
As a state employee, most of my procedures were covered or mostly covered under my insurance. My IVF on the other hand will not be. Hoping they pass a bill to allow state employees better coverage before we move on to IVF.
Newark

Expect to be treated like family! It is the only appointments I actually like going to. You will not meet a person [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] who is anything but friendly. ... Mari Esquilin is AMAZING! She is caring and so fun she makes you feel at home when you are there and when emailing through the portal she is quick to get back with you and always answers any question I have even if it sounds crazy!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
There are no weaknesses! Expect to be treated like family! It is the only appointments I actually like going to. You will not meet a person who is anything but friendly. My first visit I was nervous considering I had went to a fertility doctor once prior and it was terrible they made me feel that it was hopeless. My first visit however at RAD was seriously what I needed. From the moment you walk in you feel like family.
Dr.McGuirk treats you like a human she is kind and compassionate and really wants to help you. It is not just a job for her she really wants to see you succeed.
Mari Esquilin is AMAZING! She is caring and so fun she makes you feel at home when you are there and when emailing through the portal she is quick to get back with you and always answers any question I have even if it sounds crazy! She makes this whole process so much easier but making your appointments setting up tests sending prescriptions literally the only thing you need to do Is show she does everything! She wants you to leave everything to her She insists.
Dr.McGuirk doesnt just start giving medicine she fully evaluates you. She wants to make sure you and your partner are both taking care of yourselves not just for you but for the future your child. I started out not knowing alot about fertility only that I have been unsuccessful and getting pregnant. I had seen a fertility doctor once prior to going to Reproductive associates of Delaware and I never went back I left that appointment crying and immediately got ahold of Reproductive associates of Delaware and set up an appointment there. My first visit with Dr. McGuirk was very informative she wasn't just going to give me medicine and start trying to see if that would work,she sent me to have tons of tests which I am so very thankful for because we found out I had polyps and set up surgery to have them removed which was also done by Dr.McGuirk. She has helped me to start losing weight for the sake of a healthier baby and life. She has been blunt about what needs to happen and she is very kind about it but doesn't sugar coat things which is what I wanted. Every visit we get closer to treatment, she takes her time with me she doesn't rush you out she listens and answers questions to the fullest she wants nothing left unexplained!
Be ready for honesty! she is blunt but in a good way so very kind
With my insurance the costs are very affordable

2016 - 2019
I just wish they [RAD] were more upfront about timelines. I need realistic expectations. For example I was told that after my retrieval that my FET would be 4-6 weeks later. And it ended up being a full 8 weeks later. Which is totally fine - but for someone who has been trying to conceive for a year and a half - setting realistic goals is important ... We did a single embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic overall is great. I just wish they were more upfront about timelines. I need realistic expectations. For example I was told that after my retrieval that my FET would be 4-6 weeks later. And it ended up being a full 8 weeks later. Which is totally fine - but for someone who has been trying to conceive for a year and a half - setting realistic goals is important
She is so warm and inviting. Instantly made me feel at ease. She remembers everything about you and makes its feel like she’s an old friend
Dr. Bachman has been amazing since the moment I met her. She instantly made me feel calm - when all I was feeling before I first met her was frustration and disappointment. She helped reassure me that we would get to the bottom of my fertility issues. When diagnosed with stage 3 endo - she presented me facts in a simple straightforward manner that you can’t help but appreciate. We ended up needing IVf and had a second trimester loss. Dr. Bachman personally called me the day we found out we lost the baby to send her condolences and to help support us. I could go on for days about how truly empathetic and supporting Dr. Bachman has been to me in this journey In regards to recommending her to my best friend... I already have... twice. Two of my girlfriends were having fertility issues and are now also seeing dr. Bachman, and they love her as much as I do !
That if you want to get to the bottom of your fertility issues - Dr. Bachman is it !
I qualified for a “mini” atom cycle since my AMH level was so high. I was maintained on pretty low dose follistim and had a lupron trigger. We ended up being able to retrieve 28 eggs, 22 were mature and 20 were fertilized. I had considered being involved in a trial study - but the starting dose was double the dose of medication I remained on the entire time for my stims. I’m very thankful Dr. Bachman and I were able to talk about potential risks of doing the study and that we settled on the mini stim
We did a single embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test
Wilmington

I cannot highly enough for the entire staff at RAD. They were extremely non judgmental regarding our LGBT status. They worked with us on appointment times that could work within our busy schedules. Everyone in the office knew our names and would greet us while we were in the office. They were well organized and always on top of all of our case needs. I could expect to hear back from them within an hour or so of asking any question.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
My only complaint about the office would be that, knowing my husband was the fertility issue, I still needed to go through a rigorous screening process before we could start the process of getting pregnant. I do realize that this is most likely fertility policy in general and not just their office. Their strengths far outweigh their weaknesses. I have never had a doctor whith such fast and efficient communication. I have never had a doctor greet me or my partner with such kindness and compassion. I have never had a doctor remember and ask about what I did over the weekend and seem genuinely interested in my response. I have never had a doctor that I would see in the community so frequently.
Every single person in the office knew our names, the activities outside of the doctors office, and would frequently see the team at community events.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Demarius)
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
While we only saw her at a few visits, she was overwhelmingly cheerful and positive. She was extremely knowledgeable and was able to answer any and all questions we had. We always left the office confident that my care was in the right hands. She gave us the confidence that our treatment would work and that we would be building our family.
Don't expect to see her at every appointment, but rest assured that she has a good eye on your treatment plan at all times.
Once I was able to get my BMI in the correct range we started care immediately. Our first step was to wait for my first cycle to start and then came the many rounds of blood work and pelvic ultrasounds. While this was happening, we met with the genetics counselor to go over our donor pick to make sure he would be a viable donor for us. We were also set up with a speciality pharmacy for the ovidrel that we would need. Once the egg was the proper size, we were giving a tight window to administer the ovidrel at home. After that we were set up with our insemination day. Everyone in the office wished us luck. The two week wait seemed like forever, and unfortunately the first try didn't take for us. Dr. Neithardt reassured us that it is totally normal and gave us the specific stats on how likely we were to get pregnant the first time and how that statistically rises the second time around as we "dial in the numbers" so to say. We repeated the process the next month and were lucky to recieve the phone call that we were pregnant after the next two week wait.
It was expensive and while it was partially covered by insurance. While I dont remember the exact cost, I do remember that they were comparable to other locations. We also sat down with a financial staff member before starting to go over any and all associate costs.
Newark

This clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE-Wilmington] was friendly, informative, sensitive and great at the procedures they were completing. The only thing I would mention is the large number of staff working at any given time. it's hard to build some relationships when you see so many different staff members throughout the process.... The entire staff was helpful, friendly and handled my situation with care. I never felt uncomfortable or like the procedures being completed weren't necessary/for a purpose.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
This clinic was friendly, informative, sensitive and great at the procedures they were completing. The only thing I would mention is the large number of staff working at any given time. it's hard to build some relationships when you see so many different staff members throughout the process.
Dr. Neithardt took the time to explain the science of the process, but in a way that related to me and my situation. Additionally, she made both my partner and I feel at ease as we went through each stage.
Dr. Neithardt made sure to be clear in her communication with me and my partner, and to take the time to explain in a way that made sense to us. She also had a way of making us feel at ease through the different stages of the process. The only criticism I have is that I didn't get to work with her directly in the later stages. This was all communicated and completed by clinic staff and nurses.
Ask any and all questions because she is always happy to answer and wants to ensure you have a good understanding of your individual situation.
This was over a year and a half ago at this point, but she did a variety of different tests to gauge the status of my eggs and cycle monitoring, as well as overall health of my body and liklihood of risks. She was able to determine that I did NOT need any medications to assist in my cycle or follicle growth, and was able to do the IUI unmedicated.
I personally spent approx. $5,000. This included co-pays, procedures, sperm donation, blood work, genetic testing and additional visits. That said, my insurance covered thousands more.
Wilmington

The nursing staff [at RAD-Newark] was amazing! Every single one of them were professional, extremely knowledgeable, positive, and fun.... You could go in when it was most convenient for you [for monitoring], or you could choose to go in during the monitoring hours. It was busy on certain days (most likely egg retrieval days), but they ALWAYS told you in advance. Regardless, a few times I brought a book, and would be called back before I could really get lost in the book anyway. It was very convenient; I never had trouble getting an appointment or being seen during monitoring hours.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I cannot think of a weakness. From the front desk, to the lab, to the nurses, and everything and everyone in between, I had nothing but positive experiences. You get to know these people, and they all end up knowing you by name!
Doctor Neithardt is one of my favorite people on this planet. She set realistic expectations, and was extremely honest with myself and my husband, all while maintaining positive and engaging interactions. Even though we were at first categorized as "unexplained", she went over the benefits of a laparoscopy, without being pushy. She allowed us to make our own decisions, without feeling pressured or confused. She's amazing!
The nursing staff was amazing! Every single one of them were professional, extremely knowledgeable, positive, and fun. I'm 18 weeks now, so am no longer under their care, but I actually miss them!
From the moment we entered Reproductive Associates of Delaware, Doctor Neithardt was warm and welcoming. She was hands-on throughout, even drawing diagrams to explain the process to a non-medical person such as myself. She encouraged us to be comfortable with all of our decisions, with zero pressure to do or not do a procedure. There were times that I almost wanted a decision made for me, but in the end her approach was very empowering. Every question was answered clearly, and I was very comfortable just being myself with her in every situation. When in a situation such as this, I feel it is very important to be honest with patients (whether good or bad), but to also be positive and encouraging, which she was to the fullest. These feelings of being positive and encouraged go a LONG way when you're in the midst of a such a difficult time!
I would tell them that even though you're in a difficult situation, to keep an open-mind, to listen, and be ready to feel empowered!
Over the course of 4 IUIs, my treatment plan remained relatively the same. I don't remember exactly, but took Femara leading up to the IUI, and an ovulating-stimulating drug. We had much success each time, with 1 to 2 mature follicles. The timing was perfect, but just not successful in the end. We decided to pursue IVF with our own frozen embryos (after doing PGS). I honestly forget the protocol but again, I responded extremely, with 18 eggs being retrieved, 16 of which were mature, 8 of which were able to be frozen between days 5 and 6. Her professionalism during the embryo transfer was beyond my expectations, and again, it was an extremely positive experience. I would like to think that even if this first round hadn't been successful, that I'd still feel that she did everything she could, and I'd still have a positive outlook.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
You could go in when it was most convenient for you, or you could choose to go in during the monitoring hours. It was busy on certain days (most likely egg retrieval days), but they ALWAYS told you in advance. Regardless, a few times I brought a book, and would be called back before I could really get lost in the book anyway. It was very convenient; I never had trouble getting an appointment or being seen during monitoring hours.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The nursing staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.... there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
When I first came to the clinic I was very hopeful. However, there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing. Whenever I had a question I never knew who I was supposed to contact. My doctor gave me 2 options of 2 different medication protocols. This information was not received by the care coordinator for an unknown reason. When I attempted to explain the protocol I wanted there was a lot of confusion, and I gave up and took the protocol that they had in mind. This is frustrating because the cycle failed, and when I start a new cycle they will be using the other protocol that was offered. They believe I will respond better to this other medication protocol. After my failed cycle I also felt alone. I do not feel as if I was fully explained my next options and the reason my cycle failed. I finally requested an appointment and was explained my next steps.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovelaskey was a very caring and well mannered doctor. He never made me feel hopeless or unworthy. This also was a downfall because I was very hopeful that my cycle would be successful and it failed. The one time I felt more like a number was when he moved out of state in the middle of my cycle, which I understood the reasoning however it was difficult having your doctor changed in the middle of an IVF cycle.
The nursing staff were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovalevsky was very caring and explained my infertility very well. Everytime I seen Dr. Kovalevsky I left the office on a positive note and a lot of hope. Unforuntantly, he left in the middle of my cycle to relocate to another state to be with family. I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I would advice them that if they did not understand or were not clear on something that is said to them to ask for him to explain it differently. Understanding infertility is hard and I had to ask him to repeat and explain things over many times.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
Once it was thought that I had endometriosis I was scheduled for surgery to check to see if there was endometriosis, and to remove some cyst that were found during ultrasound. The surgery went very well, and they made me very comfortable (this was my first time ever having surgery). After surgery I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 endometriosis. At that time Dr. Kovalevsky informed us that our best option would be to do IVF. We started an IVF treatment with a medication protocol including various different bills and injections. I was monitored by ultrasound about every other day. It was determined that we would do a fresh transfer. About half way through the monitoring hr left the practice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I had insurance coverage when I started my IVF cycle. The insurance did not cover everything, and I maxed out my benefits. I had to take out a loan for 8,000 to cover the medication cost, as well as additional cost for IVF.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Kovalevsky would only do single embryo transfer.
Dover

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Every PA, Nurse Practitioner, Care Coordinator, and Nurse [at RAD] I have interacted with has been kind and competent. My patient care coordinator responds to all of my questions in a timely manner and thoroughly.... Strengths- kind and caring people that treat you like family and always make you comfortable. Weaknesses- they have an on-site lab which is great, but sometimes the wait is lengthy because there is only one person drawing blood.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Neithardt was warm and kind. She knew that I had previously gone through fertility treatments, and that my first child died after being born prematurely. She was sensitive to my loss, and on the two visits when I had to bring my living daughter she was patient and kind. She is so positive about my chances of getting pregnant that even our failed cycle felt like another step in success. Fingers crossed!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Damaris Rivera)
Every PA, Nurse Practitioner, Care Coordinator, and Nurse I have interacted with has been kind and competent. My patient care coordinator responds to all of my questions in a timely manner and thoroughly.
I was nervous at first because I had previously been with a former doctor in this practice, but Dr. Neithardt greeted me with a warm smile and immediately put me at ease. She explained what she thought was the best treatment for me and what tests I would need to have re-done since it had been 4 years. When I had to have some fibroids removed she did my surgery and was thorough in explaining what she did and why she believed it necessary. She is compassionate and competent. I honestly have no complaints, she is positive that we will conceive again, and her positivity is contagious.
If you want someone with a warm bedside manner she is the person to see.
I am clomid resistant, so we de used to use Letrizol again (it worked to conceive my daughter.) We started at the same dose used to conceive my daughter, but with my recent weight loss I responded too well for IUI (6 follicles) so we cancelled that cycle. My most recent cycle with the lowest dose of Letrizol produced 2 follicles, we did two sessions of IUI after a trigger shot. Unfortunately we were not successful. I am starting the next round of baseline appointments and Letrizol (same low dose) in two days. Here’s hoping!
I have insurance that covers most fertility treatments, so I have a $20 copay per visit and an additional cost for each lab. So far I am probably in $480 in copays and lab payments since April.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
I had only positive things to say about this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE-Wilimington] after my first experience with them (IVF stimulation & retrieval and one FET). They worked well as a team, tried to accommodate my needs as much as possible, were always friendly, etc. By the time I was working with them again 1.5 - 2 years later, there had been some changes in their internal structure and processes which unfortunately caused a few problems for me as a patient.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I had only positive things to say about this clinic after my first experience with them (IVF stimulation & retrieval and one FET). They worked well as a team, tried to accommodate my needs as much as possible, were always friendly, etc. By the time I was working with them again 1.5 - 2 years later, there had been some changes in their internal structure and processes which unfortunately caused a few problems for me as a patient. They were still friendly and usually accommodating, but their internal communications had broken down at times. This caused me some frustrations trying to reconcile the plan my doctor and I had laid out with the actual steps being performed as well as some issues after my losses regarding medication decisions (due to other medical issues, I wasn't doing well with the "normal" protocol and needed my doctor to give personalized instructions). It was not a terrible experience, but when it happened twice in the span of a few months even after I discussed my concerns with everyone involved, I began to question how well I could work with them if we decide to try again in the future.
Dr. Neithardt always clearly remembered all relevant details of my history and treatment plan whenever we met. Additionally, she took every concern or question I had seriously and treated me as a partner in my care, not a subject under her rule.
Most of the nursing staff at this practice is very nice to work with. There are always the exceptions - a new nurse who told me to go to the bathroom before my appointment then found out I needed to provide a urine sample before we could perform my test that day which caused a delay, for example. My most frequent frustration was when a nurse would answer a question based on the typical protocol even when I knew there was an unusual factor in my case and I wanted to escalate the question to my doctor. I eventually was given instructions for how to handle those questions to my satisfaction. The staff was interested in my comfort, tried to answer my questions fully to the best of their knowledge, and tried to be as comforting as they could when we discovered my losses. That experience in particular stuck with me because my first loss had been when I was seeing a different provider and they had been very distant and clinical when I was completely disoriented and heartbroken.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Neithardt was the best thing about working with this clinic. It's rare that I've found a doctor so respectful and happy to work with her patient (participatory medicine) as her, even when I consider non-fertility related areas of medicine. It is very important to me to fully understand my treatment plans and how each piece works. I also want my own ideas to be fully considered and either incorporated into the plan, or to have someone explain why that idea does not apply. Furthermore, I have run into some complications which cannot be fully explained by any of the testing performed, and Dr. Neithardt had the experience as well as the common-sense approach to work with me on how to approach these things - most doctors, in my experience, will not do this if they cannot see conclusive objective proof (such as a lab test result).
Ask every question you can think of and keep asking until you get an answer that makes sense to you. Take advantage of working with a doctor who will make sure you understand and are on the same page.
I have done one retrieval cycle with Dr. Neithardt. This was a light stim, because I had some indicators that I would be a good responder (age and ovarian reserve were in my favor). On this protocol I only did about half the dosages, injections once a day instead of twice, etc. We wanted to avoid having a large number of "extra" embryos so this approach worked for us. In the end we still had a high number - 21 mature eggs, 19 fertilized, 15 made it to day 5/6 blastocyst. Having had a trisomy miscarriage in the past, we chose to freeze all embryos and do PGS testing. Due to cost, we could only afford to test 8 embryos at the time but had the remaining 7 biopsied for later testing if needed. Of the 8, 2 came back non-viable which is typical. I needed a hysteroscopy before transferring, so about 2 months after retrieval I was able to do my first FET. We used a Lupron protocol. I did have to push back the transfer by one week because my lining was not thick enough at the first check, but we added a half pill of estrogen vaginally (in addition to the oral doses) and it was ok a week later. That transfer resulted in my daughter. I went for weekly ultrasounds through week 10 or 11 at the clinic then fully transitioned to my OB. About a year and half after having my daughter we were ready to try again. We worked with Dr. Neithardt, repeating a saline sonogram and mock transfer. We agreed to follow the same protocol that worked the first time, the only change was adding the vaginal estrogen earlier since we knew I needed it before. I became pregnant but the numbers / trends were all over the place and I ultimately miscarried. We had a D&E done to test the fetal remains and unfortunately could not find a clear cause. The fetus was genetically normal and no physical causes could be found. This is where I really appreciated Dr. Neithardt - I have a complicated medical history including several autoimmune diseases. We retested for additional diseases that would be known to cause this type of problem, and the results were negative. However, Dr. Neithardt and I trusted our gut instincts that this is somehow related and discussed how we might change the protocol. We theorize that my body is rejecting the pregnancy and cutting off bloodflow, causing it to terminate. It took a few months for my body to be ready for another try but we eventually began another cycle. This time we added prednisone to further suppress my immune system. I again became pregnant and the numbers all appeared robust. Unfortunately, at my 6 week ultrasound we discovered the gestational sac had continued growing but the fetus had not. I had another D&E but this time I could not emotionally handle doing more testing on the fetal remains. Dr. Neithardt agreed with my husband and I that there wasn't likely any information to gain from testing any remains, if any could even be identified, which gave us a modicum of peace on the issue. She still feels that this may be an autoimmune response (as do I) and suggests another cycle include both the prednisone as well as Lovenox, a blood thinner to try to prevent clotting to the fetus. However, at that point I was relocated for work to another state and we have not yet decided if we or when we will pursue more transfers.
I was lucky to have excellent insurance so my only costs were for genetic screening, medications, freezing and thawing costs, and $10 visit copays. I paid about $450 plus copays for a frozen transfer cycle. I no longer have this insurance, and when I inquired about the out of pocket costs I was told that their fee is $4,500 for one FET cycle (not including retrieval which I had done previously).
I was only willing to transfer one embryo at a time anyway, as were my other care providers, so this was not an issue for me.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
My care coordinator [at Reproductive Associates of DE] Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.... The costs under Dr Bachmans office were more reasonable than other offices in my area.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I have been to 2 fertility specialist in Delaware and of the 2 offices, Dr Bachmans office makes me feel like a person and not a number. The Reproductive Associates of Delaware genuinely care about you and your family goals.
Dr Bachman made me feel like I have known her forever. I genuinely feel that she wants to see me and my husband have another child. Her role is not without empathy, compassion and caring. She is trying to change the lives of her clients for the better. She loves her job and it’s obvious.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari)
My care coordinator Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.
I came to see Emelia Bachman after another doctor within the practice left. Dr Bachman is honest, caring and thorough. I value her opinion and truly believe she wants our family to have more children. When I first met Dr Bachman I was suppose to have surgery with the previous doctor, but due to him leaving I rescheduled with Dr Bachman. She discussed risks, benefits and possible outcomes of my diagnostic laparoscopy (previously I had a fimbrioplasty with another fertility specialist and wanted to see if my tube condition was still good). I feel grateful to have met Dr Bachman and I feel that when I finally get pregnant it will be because of her loving, caring and thorough approach.
The best advice is to write down any questions you have before your visit. The reasoning is because it’s very emotional experiencing infertility and sometimes we patients get lost in our emotions and forget to ask pertinent questions.

2010 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [RAD] is large with many nurses, techs, doctors, and patients. I would tell people to not let that intimidate them. It’s large because they are the BEST! There is always someone there to take care of your needs. Smiles and friendly faces are around every corner. The practice does what is best for you; whatever will keep you and your fertility safe and sound. They can be conservative but in a good way. Whatever decisions are made, are done as a team and you know they have your best interests at heart.
2010 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic is large with many nurses, techs, doctors, and patients. I would tell people to not let that intimidate them. It’s large because they are the BEST! There is always someone there to take care of your needs. Smiles and friendly faces are around every corner. The practice does what is best for you; whatever will keep you and your fertility safe and sound. They can be conservative but in a good way. Whatever decisions are made, are done as a team and you know they have your best interests at heart.
I felt like a human. DR. Neithardt always used my first name when addressing me. She was always friendly and reassuring while still maintaining a realistic outlook. She remembered me, or at least took the time to review my chart, after not seeing her for about 6.5 years. There was no judgment or condescension. She was professional and respectful of my wishes to expand our family. I would highly recommend her to anyone I know.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda wright)
They staff always talked to me as if we were old friends. They were upfront and honest and relied on medical information and team decisions to guide my treatment. My coordinator was fantastic and timely with all responses and scheduling. Being able to leave any member of the staff a message over their portal not only gave me reassurance but also confidence in the knowledge of the staff. They always responded in a timely manner with as much information as possible.
Dr. Neithardt was amazing. She took time to explain all procedures, including pictures, and answer any questions. She always came to the waiting room to greet us and was as honest as she could be knowing all that she did. With all of the appointments that we had, she could not be present for all of them, but the staff was sure to mention any discussions they had with the doctor in the meantime. It made me feel like she really cared and wanted to do right by us, whether she could see us face to face or not.
One piece of advice I would give would be to be upfront and honest with her about everything. Medical history, mental and emotional state, hopes and fears, they are all important. Dr. Neithardt wants to know these things in order to best care for people.
Dr. Neithardt was concerned about hyper stimulation during IVF. She used a mini stimulation protocol that started with clomid. It worked for us because we did not stimulate too much and were able to do a fresh transfer.
Honestly, we were concerned with cost about everything but it was manageable and comparable to other clinics. They were always good about trying to make connections and coverage happen with insurance or any possible discounts.
I understand why doctors perform single transfers rather than multiple. Our practice only did single transfers unless you completed multiple failed Trabsfer attempts. I appreciate the concern for me all while trying to help me get pregnant in the safest way possible.
Newark

The clinic [RAD] did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time.... Mari Esquillin was absolutely amazing! I cannot speak more highly of her. She was so quick to answer request and guenuinely cared for each patient. As for other IVF coordinators, some lacked good bed side manner. It seemed like they gave you a the standard message they give everyone. They were great about getting back to you it you had questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are great communicators! They will often get back to you immediately. At times though they can be not that sensitive to your situation. For example, I waS was told my pregnancy test was negative over a voicemail and the nurse yawned during the middle of the voicemail. As much as I am sure this is their norm it was devistating to me. So staff fall into the “this is our norm”, but other staff go above and beyond for your needs!
I felt like Dr. K treated me like a human however the clinic did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time. At that point I felt more like a number and did not feel the individual care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillin )
Dr. K always listened to my concerns and would adjust treatment accordingly. He also was amazing about getting back to me. He would often do phone conferences during the same day to ensure all my questions were answered.
Do not be afraid of discussing all of your options as Dr. K will weigh all the pros and cons regarding them.
Dr. K preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!
Insurance covered a large percentage, but about $5000 out of pocket.
Although Dr. K did not prefer to use multiple embryo transfer after two failed cycles with unknown causes he allowed us to engage in multiple embryo transfer. He made his concerns known respectfully but did not deny us of our request.
Dover

Having come from another clinic, I can say that RAD is ten times better. The online portal is an amazingly easy way to keep in touch, ask those questions you think don’t quite warrant a call, and keep track of both your paperwork and your appointments. There are lots of faces, so my advice would be to prepare yourself to get adjusted to that. However, I have yet to come across a staff member I didn’t like.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Neithardt took the time to meet with me, go over my test results, and explain my options in detail. I truly felt as if she was determined to help me make the best treatment decisions in light of my needs and financial considerations. She has been extremely kind and professional throughout my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Damaris (care coordinator) )
I have found all staff at RAD to be a pleasure to work with. All have been professional and friendly. There are so many of them, but they seem eager to help their patients succeed and seem to share in their pain when they do not.
I met with Dr. Neithardt on my first visit and met with her for quite awhile. We discussed my needs, concerns, and questions. Dr. Neithardt explained each of my options at length and never seemed as though she was in a rush. Following each unsuccessful IUI, we discussed options moving forward. I found her to be professional and kind during each visit. She truly seemed to care about finding the right treatment plan for me, and it seemed genuine. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Neithardt.
Bring a notepad and take notes. She gives you a lot of information to digest, which is good!
We began with a medicated iui cycle with donor sperm, as it seemed to be the most economical with no known fertility issues. When that was not successful, we tried two inseminations in one cycle, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately, that did not work. Now, we are debating between ivf and iui. As always, cost is a major factor. Dr. Neithardt truly understands that and has been supportive throughout.
Self-pay iui cycle $1760 plus medication (including trigger and suppositories) and cost of donor sperm. Some copays/coinsurance related to some of the diagnostic procedures, which were covered by insurance.
Wilmington

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Our coordinator [at RAD- Newark] is very helpful in answering questions and providing us answers to questions she does not have the answers to. She responds in a few hours and always in the same day. She explained the cost of IVF and offered ways for us to save money on the drugs... Our clinic is clean, modern, and very welcoming. The front desk staff are happy to see us and are attentive. The entire office works well together and we always feel that they are operating at a high level during our appts. We are not rushed through and after procedures they take time to mak sure we are ok. I cannot think of any weaknesses
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Neidhart is wonderful! She too ample time to sit with us during scheduled appts as well as unscheduled ones when we just had questions. She is caring, honest, and has a positive outlook on our fertility journey. She never made us feel like we could not have a baby
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Donna Yarusso)
Our coordinator is very helpful in answering questions and providing us answers to questions she does not have the answers to. She responds in a few hours and always in the same day. She explained the cost of IVF and offered ways for us to save money on the drugs
Dr. Neidhart took time to thoroughly explain our procedure and answered all of our questions. She even listened and allowed us to try things that we researched on our own. We felt like we were apart of the process and not just another source of income for the clinic
Make sure to ask the Dr. to further explain anything that you need more information on. Question why she is choosing certain treatments so you are more comfortable with the process
I had a hysteroscopy to remove a cyst in my ovary. I also have a fibroid pushing on my bladder and Dr. Neidhart did not wish to remove it now because it wasn't a priority for my fertility. I had a sonogram to check my tubes, my uterus, and to see how fertile I am to increase my chances of having a baby. My partner was given HCG treatments to increase his testosteron and sperm count because we did not want to use donor sperm. We also discussed waiting 3-6 months for his sperm count to increase so that we had a greater chance of havin a biological child. We did dna testing as well which eased our minds about our own bodies and possible genetic diseases that could be passed on to our child. The RAD clinic went over my drug protocol with us and said that it was an agressive approach due to my age and egg reserve but they felt that it was a good protocol to produce a live birth. I have not currently undergone an IVF cycle as we are waiting for my partner's sperm count to be at a level that Dr. Neidhart feels is acceptable for us to have the most success.
Genetic testing was $200 each. Office visits are covered under insurance so the copay is $45 My surger was $12,000 covered under insurance less my $1,400 deductible Blood test was $1,100
Our doctor believes in only 1 embryo transferred per ivf cycle as this will produce the highest success rates for a live birth. I agree 100%

PCOS, Unexplained
I really do not have enough words to Express how grateful I am to have a coordinator like her [at RAD-Dover]. When I first started my journey I walked in a nervous wreck not knowing where to begin, and she was the first one to greet me and assured me I was in the right place. She makes you feel like she is your number 1 supporter, she will find a way to add light to a situation that to some can be gray. I appreciate everything she has done for me.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The only weakness I have noticed is that not all patient coordinators have the attitude to help. It's leaning towards this is just a job. Which is ok. However when you pay so much money just to find out that you were not successful, the least you would hope for a a little compassion from the person telling you the news. For new patients definitely have patience,
She made me feel like I was her only patient, and showed how she genuinely wanted to help me
I really do not have enough words to Express how grateful I am to have a coordinator like her. When I first started my journey I walked in a nervous wreck not knowing where to begin, and she was the first one to greet me and assured me I was in the right place. She makes you feel like she is your number 1 supporter, she will find a way to add light to a situation that to some can be gray. I appreciate everything she has done for me.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr Mcguirk is very straight to the point, she will give you the good and bad, but in the end wants to ensure that you get the best treatment that works for you. I have currently been with reproductive associations almost 4 years now, and the past couple months with her has re given me hope that one day I will be able to start a family.
Be open and honest. And be prepared to start the whole 30 diet
I was given letrozole, which allowed my follicles to grow, but not mature, so in the same cycle she gave me clomid, which helped them grow a little bigger, but not to the size she would like them to be.
Iui treatment =1700 Copay=36 Meds 100-150 All self pay
Dover

Reproductive Associates of Delaware is very organized and helpful. They do their best to work around your schedule and accommodate. They do all that they can to help you reach your fertility goals. Emailing through the portal is the easiest way to communicate. You usually have an answer back that day....Each team member at RAD treats you like you are family. They all treat you with the utmost respect. They all care about you, your treatment and concerns. They do their best to get you answers to your questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. McGuirk takes the time to understand her patients and their needs. You never feel rushed or that your concerns aren't being heard. She answers every question you have and explains everything very thoroughly. She genuinely cares about each patient and listens to what you have to say.
Dr. McGuirk is not like any other doctor I have been to before. She takes time to listen to your concerns and questions. She is very straightforward with everything and doesn't "beat around the bush" as some would say. She is a very positive person, which I feel is a great quality in a doctor. She is the one who diagnosed me with endometriosis, after years of seeing other doctors. She really listened to what I had to say and had a plan in place the first appointment for my treatment. She doesn't rush you or make you feel like she is in a hurry to get to the next patient. Dr. McGuirk is very personable and compassionate.
Be ready to take notes and ask questions. She is very knowledgeable and tells you everything. It may be overwhelming at first, but she will take the time to explain anything you don't understand.
Dr. McGuirk oversaw my treatment for my medicated cycles with a prescribing physician due to living three hours away from the clinic. For three months I used 50mg of Clomid. For the first two months of Clomid, I ovulated. The last cycle I did not. For the fourth month I used a low dose of Letrozole. The cycle using Letrozole I did not ovulate. Our next step is IVF. My husband and I did not want to jump right to IVF due to the cost and having no insurance coverage for it. With having endometriosis, we knew the risks of not doing IVF right away and were also aware that we could eventually need it to build our family. Dr. McGuirk explained everything very thoroughly at our appointment.
We have not come across the cost of IVF yet. That is our next step that we are currently working towards. All other costs, of blood work, routine checkups, ultrasounds and appointments were covered by my insurance.
Newark

Every staff member of this clinic is amazing, starting from scheduling, coordinators, nurses, doctors. The environment in this clinic is very warm and inviting. The exam rooms are very organized and clean. The waiting time is no more than 5-10 minutes. I would recommend this clinic to every person in need.... I always felt at home at RAD. Dr. Neithardt guided me through my entire experience, along with the rest of her staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
My experience with Dr. Neithardt as my Reproductive Doctor has been wonderful. Dr. Neithardt was extremely patient with me along with being extraordinarily kind and compassionate. I did not feel rushed during appointments either. She takes the time to explain things in detail and makes certain all questions are addressed. Dr. Neithardt treats the person not simply the patient. She is a great physician and I would highly recommend her to friends and family.
Mari is a very prompt and kind person, patient and responsible.
She is wonderful, kind, and genuine. She is always prompt, and she will take all the time you need to answer all questions and help you. I always felt at home at RAD. Dr. Neithardt guided me through my entire experience, along with the rest of her staff. I always had my questions answered and the emotional support I needed to start the journey of being Mom for the second time. I am going to be forever grateful.
An amazing doctor!!! She is compassionate, helpful, and very professional! I am pretty sure she will make your dream come true.
I did not go through any IVF cycles, because those were very expensive. The problem for us is Male factor infertility.
$3000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I received countless calls [from Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game...It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming...If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The treat you as an number on a conveyor belt. There is no compassion and no love for their jobs. I received countless calls with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game.
We were with this clinic on two different occasions. Once with our 4 year old son. The clinic and Dr. K were amazing. We conceived via IUI. We started for a sibling in 2016 and started with IUI's and moved to IVF. The feeling at the clinic was VERY different. It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse and Amy Miller)
Dorri was great. She showed compassion and professionalism. Amy Miller was cold and abrupt. The nursing staff has changed so much over the years and NOT in a good way. They have no compassion for their patients. In fact one of my favorite nurses (from our successful pregnancy) at one point apologized with her eyes rolling for taking so long during an appt because the prior patient had SO MANY questions. I found that very unprofessional and hurtful.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I had to suggest treatment protocols. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it. I have never in my 24 years of getting pap smears had to repeat one due to Dr. failure. He never agreed with any of the "controversial" procedures I brought up and had a physical appearance about him as if I was foolish to even suggest it. I'm not sure what has transpired with him since our successful pregnancy back in 2013, but he has since left the practice.
Choose another practice. If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
Nothing was tweaked in any of my cycles. When I questioned why were doing the same thing over and over again (quoting Einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result) He said that we DID try something else, namely the ERA that I suggested. I kept begging them to look into why my progesterone was so low and they did nothing about it. They offered no explanation as to why I kept losing my pregnancies, Dr. K made it seem that I just need to keep doing it, because it would eventually result in a pregnancy.
There were times I was asked to pay thousands of dollars only to find out later that I did not. The bilk you for everything you have with nothing to show for it. I did have insurance coverage which I was grateful for, however it at times was a complete nightmare
Dover

Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff [RAD] is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc. ... My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me. ... The nursing staff was excellent! They were all very knowledgable, professional, and caring. There was a team approach and it definitely felt as though all team members were on board with level of care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc.
Dr. Bachman thoroughly reviewed my medical history and did a more complete evaluation which resulted in being taken off a medication that was prescribed by my previous doctor and was not necessary. She is very caring and thorough and goes above and beyond to give the best care. She also stayed in contact throughout the treatment process.
Dr. Bachman was very compassionate and caring. She was a very good communicator and always explained each step of care. She communicated with her staff and it felt as if everyone was easily able to answer questions when needed. I can't think of any weaknesses at this point.
She is very thorough so don't be discouraged if there are bumps in the road, but this hopefully will save time, money, and failed attempts for the future.
I will be starting an IUI cycle with Dr. Bachman. At my last doctor I did 3 failed IUI cycles and plan on doing one more and then switching to IVF if unsuccessful. Dr. Bachman did more testing and came across some complications which are being addressed at this time before doing the IUI cycle.
My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Monitoring was a cattle call. First come first served. ... During one ivf cycle, all the wrong meds were called in to the pharmacy. During a recent round, it took the doctors and PAs over a week to realize I hadn’t responded to the medicine prescribed. None of the doctors had been reviewing my ultrasounds. ... Great staff [RAD] of PAs and nurses ... Clinic is very conservative in terms of trigger shots & preventing OHSS and only doing single embryo transfers .
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths: Clinic has a team of doctors that meet each week to discuss IVF cases. Great staff of PAs and nurses Embryo quality/grading system and selection for retrieval has never been communicated to me. In my case, I prefer to know less, but many patients may want to know this information. Clinic is very conservative in terms of trigger shots & preventing OHSS and only doing single embryo transfers .
Dr. Bachman is very kind. She always takes her time to answer all of your questions and go over procedures.
The nurses and PAs are amazing. They have become like family. They are the ones in the trenches with you every day. They are the ones who do most of the exams and the daily monitoring. Everyone is compassionate, gentle and positive .
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr Bachman is one of the most kind, compassionate doctors I have ever had. While she is not always punctual, it is because she takes her time with all her patients and never rushes you through an appointment. She is always willing to answer questions and has even called me after hours to check in before procedures or after bad news. She is very up-to-date on current research and findings in the field. She is open to all feedback, positive or negative and is always looking to improve.
You may be waiting to see her.
Started with clomid and IUIs as all fertility tests came back normal. switched to IVF after 4 failed rounds. With each retrieval, we changed the dose of medicine and then the type of medicine used, with the hopes of getting fewer overall eggs , but more mature ones.
Monitoring was a cattle call. First come first served. This made each cycle very stressful, as I do not have a job I can be late for. When I reached out to my doctor about it, I was able to make appointments, however it was clearly to appease me. I was still only seen in the order of arrival, despite what my “appointment” time was.
Rounds of clomid and IUI were covered by insurance. Insurance has run out for IVF. Costs also associated with a laparoscopy.
This process has never been communicated to me.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
scheduled an appointment through my care coordinator but was not on the schedule when I showed up for this visit [RAD]. Had to frequently contact the office for prescription refills and to make sure prescriptions were sent to the pharmacy ... Weaknesses- never on time with appointments. ... I was frequently late for work due to appointments running 30-45 minutes late, even when scheduled at 8:00am. ... Strengths- knowledgeable staff, caring nurses and PAs
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths- knowledgeable staff, caring nurses and PAs Weaknesses- never on time with appointments. As a working woman this adds a lot of stress to an already very stressful and emotional process. I was frequently late for work due to appointments running 30-45 minutes late, even when scheduled at 8:00am.
Dr. Bachman is always warm, friendly, and understanding. She is sure to be patient and answer every question I have, and always asks if I have any more questions before our appointment is over. She takes the time to draw diagrams, write down explanations, and take time to make sure I fully understand everything I am going through. She treats my case with thorough, individualized detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
The PAs and nursing staff as a whole were absolutely wonderful. I was assigned a patient care coordination who was terrible. She showed no compassion, frequently messed up scheduling, was very hard to get into touch with via phone, and was only accessible through an online portal. I had to contact her to remind her to get things done rather than her coordinating my care the way she was supposed to.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Strengths: caring, compassionate, intelligent, up to date on most recent research, takes as much time as needed at each appointment to make sure that I leave feeling confident in our treatment plan. Goes over every lab value with a fine toothed comb and makes sure to come up with a treatment plan that maximizes fertility and minimizes the emotional and financial burden.
Be patient because the process takes multiple months due to volume of patients and the time to complete all of the necessary testing
Initial testing - bloodwork, ultrasounds, HSG, sono, sperm analysis. These tests revealed PCOS and a blocked Fallopian tube. Laparoscopic surgery to unblock tube was successful and revealed stage 1 endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Just started cycle 1 of letrozole
$4,000 deductible that I had to meet leading to the diagnosis of infertility My insurance does not cover fertility treatments so the following costs so far: Letrozole cycle $880 Medications associated with cycle roughly $500
Newark

They [Reproductive Associates of DE] have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.... Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.
She took the time to answer all questions, no matter how small or silly. She made small talk and really acted like she was invested in our success.
Sometimes the wait was a bit long, but every person I encountered was friendly, caring, and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.
Dr. Neithardt is patient, honest, compassionate, and knowledgable. She takes the time to explain everything in a way that can be understood. She makes sure her patients are as comfortable as they can be in stressful circumstances.
Be open and honest with her, she is willing to listen.
We tried clomid, then letrazole (I think) initially, but my body wasn’t properly responding, so we cancelled the cycle. Because we were self-pay at the time, she explained that we could keep trying with the medications or potentially try IUI, but the likelihood of success was small and we would quickly exhaust our funds. She recommended IVF at that point, which we agreed was the best course of action. Based on my age and health, we did mini-stim IVF. After the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding appropriately, so we reset while my embryos were frozen (5 day). A couple months later we did the transfer and it was successful. I’m currently in a new cycle. I had the transfer one week ago and am waiting on the results.
See previous comment on the clinic.
Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork. My new insurance is covering my second round, and I paid an approximately $1,400 copay, not including medication, which came to about $30.00
We weren’t given a choice; RAD only performs single embryo transfers. I would have liked a choice after the risks were explained, although I understand their approach.
Newark

It [the monitoring at RAD] was well efficient!! They gave you about a 2 hour window to show up and they had you in and out within id say 30-45 mins with blood work and ultra sound done and some mornings there was lots of woman there with me and all the nurses did there parts to make the line go!!... They work with your schedule, I work two jobs and they made my appointments work around my jobs!! Each section is super helpful including the financial side. I had to call them once or twice for my insurance and they helped and made me laugh each time. There isn’t one person there who has a bad attitude
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They work with your schedule, I work two jobs and they made my appointments work around my jobs!! Each section is super helpful including the financial side. I had to call them once or twice for my insurance and they helped and made me laugh each time. There isn’t one person there who has a bad attitude.
I Felt like a human because she always smiled when talking to us and when I did my egg retrieval you could tell how heart broken she was that we only got 7. She hates to give bad news but she’s always there for us and gives us hugs everytime we see her !!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Donna )
Everyone on the staff team is super sweet and helpful if I have any questions which I always do!! They make sure I walk out of the appointment feeling confident and okay with the next stage
She listened to everything we had to say and always made sure this was the decision we wanted to go with. We had two failed IUIs so we already knew we wanted to go ivf and we told her that and she completely agreed and supported our decision telling us the best route to take and when to do each thing and always made sure we were comfortable with the decision. I told her there was a chance of endometriosis and she actually listened where others didn’t and took the necessary measures to make sure my embryo had the best chance!!
You will love her!!! Fertility problems are the worse for us but walking in the first time and meeting her she is just so pleasant and sweet it makes our problems and little more bareable when you know you have her on your team!!
I told Bachman about the iuis and the endometriosis chance so she said between my Ibs issues and my irregularity that there was a high chance so she said the best plan would be the egg retrieval first then surgery to check for endometriosis and to remove a cyst and pileup to make sure the embryo had the best chance then the transfer
It was well efficient!! They gave you about a 2 hour window to show up and they had you in and out within id say 30-45 mins with blood work and ultra sound done and some mornings there was lots of woman there with me and all the nurses did there parts to make the line go!!
Was about 2450 for the ivf, 3450 for the medicines plus another $1200 down the way for the medicines and 2800 for the biopsy on the embryos!!

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
It [RAD] is operated like a well oiled machine. The love, compassion, understanding and personal touch that every patient receives is truly heart warming. ... My coordinator is wonderful. She is available to answer any questions and has taken the time to email me or call after hours. The entire staff is wonderful. ...When I suffered my loss, my doctor and the nurses cried with us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I am please to say that I do not think my clinic has any weaknesses. It is operated like a well oiled machine. The love, compassion, understanding and personal touch that every patient receives is truly heart warming.
The entire RAD staff is loving and compassionate. When I suffered my loss, my doctor and the nurses cried with us. My doctor was very optimist about moving forward with a solid treatment plan and was very gental in allowing us with as much time as we needed to grieve. She has personally reached out to me several times to check up on me and offer support.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Damaris )
My coordinator is wonderful. She is available to answer any questions and has taken the time to email me or call after hours. The entire staff is wonderful. They have even stayed during their lunch break to provide me with prenatal vitamins.
From our first visit, I felt as if she was a member of our family. She was very open and honest about our options. She was extremely thorough and broke everything down step by step. I am so very thankful that I found her.
Bring a notebook to your appointment. You will leave with a lot of information and it’s best to have everything written down so you can review it all without forgetting everything you’ve heard.
I suffered and ectopic pregnancy after failing to get pregant for years. Dr. Neightheart provided me with a list of required testing. Based off the results of those tests, we were given the option of attempting ivf with either my own eggs or donor eggs.
14,000. For one round of ivf. Not including medications. With insurance all fertility testing was roughly 800.00.
I would like the ability to do multiple embryos per transfer given my age.
Newark

RAD is the only clinic my wife and I have gone to. We saw one of their other doctors, and that wasn't a good fit. We got a call from one of their coordinators asking if we would come meet with Dr N, and there was no reason to go anywhere else.... We were participating in the Sarah Study (clinical trial for a progesterone ring) and our link to that study works for RAD. When our participation was in jeopardy, we had asked for updates and received none over a 5 day period.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
RAD is the only clinic my wife and I have gone to. We saw one of their other doctors, and that wasn't a good fit. We got a call from one of their coordinators asking if we would come meet with Dr N, and there was no reason to go anywhere else. They have a proven track record, and an ability to adjust treatment plans and protocol per patient. Ask questions. Take notes. If you feel your Dr isn't a great fit, ask to consult with another. Do research and come prepared. RAD will back you, lead you, and go to bat for you if need be.
Dr N is everything I think a Doctor should be. She is warm and caring, while being honest about situation. My wife is a very detail oriented person, and Dr N has shown immense patience in walking us through all the steps. She performed my wife's endometriosis surgery and made sure to make her as comfortable as possible. We've had setbacks; a chemical pregnancy, as well as dismissal from a clinical trial that would've saved us nearly 20k in IVF treatments. Dr N has walked us along, and with the team at RAD, we feel very confident in our chances.
Compassionate doesn't even scratch the surface of the tram at RAD. Nurses, coordinators, literally everyone. You can simply tell they want this for you as much as you do. If we hit a setback or roadblock, they are there with encouragement and support. I cannot say enough positive things about them.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is warm, caring, and easy to talk to. She gives all information, she doesn't feed you any nonsense, but she gives you what you need. With all the setbacks we've dealt with, Dr N has really helped set and manage expectations, as well as guide us down the path that makes sense for US, not everyone. The treatment we've received from her, both medically and person to person, has been phenomenal.
Be prepared to take in the information. She's extremely knowledgeable and passionate about helping people.
This is something better left to my wife, in all honesty. I know she did endometriosis surgery to help get my wife back to baseline (she was stage 4).
Approximately $20,500 will be our cost, all said and done.
Newark

RADs success rates are very high, and you can see why due too their collaborative treatment team of doctors and compassionate staff. The first Doctor I saw was Dr. McGuirk, and she lacked bedside manner, compassion, and did not listen to my concerns or change her treatment plan to my needs.... I also had a significant issue where I was not communicated with to an acceptable level with the clinical trial coordinator, Mark Moldeski.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
RADs success rates are very high, and you can see why due too their collaborative treatment team of doctors and compassionate staff. The first Doctor I saw was Dr. McGuirk, and she lacked bedside manner, compassion, and did not listen to my concerns or change her treatment plan to my needs. Luckily the office staff reached out with compassion and I found Dr. Neithardt. I also had a significant issue where I was not communicated with to an acceptable level with the clinical trial coordinator, Mark Moldeski. His responses were always less informative and timley than the other RAD staff. It became unavailable when I recieved almost no communication from him when I was under review to be rejected from a clinical trial I was already accepted for. This situation was crucial and I was left uniformed by my primary contact.
My treatments we're completely catered to my personal needs. She personally handled important matters and followed up with me directly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquin, Dorri Purse )
Mari was my angel in human form when it comes to my infinity journey. She called me daily, and always made me confident the RAD team was in my side. Dorri was informative and patient when planning my ivf treatments.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Neithardt was compassionate and provided amazing care. I loved that she was able to excise my endometriosis AND be my IVF doctor. I had no doubts in either get medical competency or her compassion for my condition. She personally handled setbacks and always makes time for me. I cannot recommend her more.
No need for another opinion elsewhere.
RAD only condones SET

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I did have one cycle where they [Reproductive Associates of DE] mixed my bloodwork up with another patient. They called to report I was pregnant when that in fact was not the truth. They did rectify the situation by meeting with me and providing some financial assistance with treatment. I was assured the situation was handled and would never happen again.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I did have one cycle where they mixed my bloodwork up with another patient. They called to report I was pregnant when that in fact was not the truth. They did rectify the situation by meeting with me and providing some financial assistance with treatment. I was assured the situation was handled and would never happen again.
She always asks personal questions to remind you that she cares about your life. She never rushes you through appointments. She’s very soft spoken and leaves ample amount of time for you to vent or ask questions.
She’s kind, patient, knowledgeable and caring. She knows what she is doing and is so empathetic with how her patients are feeling. I felt comfortable to cry, scream, be silent, you name it and she was there to be just what you needed her to be.
She is a hugger and super compassionate.
We tried three rounds of Clomid with ovidrel. I do not ovulate on my own and clomid is the most frequently used drug to help mature eggs for ovulation. Each cycle I produced 1-2 mature eggs for ovulation. After three cycles we did not have luck and decided to try a different drug called letrezole. Clomid sometimes can kill sperm causing difficulty with conceiveing so letrezole is another option. My first cycle of letrezole I did mature and egg for ovulation. After this cycle I met my insurance quota of non invasive techniques so the next cycle we tried with one iui. I still took letrezole and this cycle I matured two eggs for ovulation. The result was one healthy pregnancy. My daughter is now 2.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility [Reproductive Associates of Delaware]. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time.... There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time. They all showed amazing compassion and care throughout the treatments.
Dr. Kovalesky made my husband and I feel like we mattered. He was very blunt in his teachings, yet, recognized the how difficult of a diagnosis this was to receive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Donna Reynolds)
There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process, along with working with my busy work schedule while making appointments.
Dr. Kovalesky was extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this, especially after so much heartache throughout the other unsuccessful treatments.
Appreciate his honesty. He tells it like it is without being abrupt and insensitive. He has a strong sense of compassion all while being honest along the way.
When it came time for our IVF consult, he hit the nail on the head when predicting the number of (mature) eggs I'd most likely have, the number of embryos we'd most likely have, and gave a us good percentage of the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy. All his numbers were incredibly accurate, and we are now 17 weeks pregnant with our first child. I couldn't be more appreciative of his concern and care throughout the entire process.
IVF with genetic testing: $16,500 (roughly) *not including medications which were about $3500-$5500

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions.... These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
This clinic is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions. They are a wonderful group of people and look forward to every appointment.
I felt like a human each and every time we visited the clinic because they care and it shows from the moment you walk in the door.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller and Mari E.)
These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner. If it’s something they don’t know off hand they do everything they can to find out for you. I absolutely enjoy all of them at every visit!
My experience with Dr Kovalevsky was beyond phenomenal! After 10 years of having the same undiagnosed problems I was referred to RAD. It only took him a few visits and test to figure out what the problem was! I was treated and on to the process of becoming a mother. I appreciate him so much for giving me the answers that I longed for! He was so compassionate, caring, and yet straightforward! He is what I’ve needed for so long and I am so proud to call him my fertility doctor! He’s the best hands down and I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
One piece of advise I would give is to have all your questions written down so you won’t forget anything, but don’t worry because he will answer each and every one them!
He performed a much needed surgery that helped my menstrual cycle get back on track! Afterwards I was placed on birth control to help regulate things. My fertility treatment plan was delayed and will pick up in a few months. But we have still remained in contact and kept everything on track.
I was obligated to pay my copays. I also had to pay for some testing until I reached my deductible. I paid for storage fees as well.
I asked this question and the answer I received was right on point. I understood the reasoning for eSET, and to me it just made since. I want nothing more than a healthy, successful pregnancy.
Newark

I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility [Reproductive Associates of DE] I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.... The nursing department is excellent. They answers questions very quickly and have always been friendly to me and my husband
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility. I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.
I have enjoyed working with Dr. McGuirk and her staff through my infertility journey thus far. Dr. McGuirk removed a uterine septum in 2017 and before I had even woke up from the anesthesia she went out to the waiting room and sat with my mother and husband and explained every thing that was done during the procedure. Such a relief to my family.
My experience as a patient of Dr. McGuirk thus far is beyond measure. She has always kept our best interest at heart. When we had a miscarriage in 2016, we changed our plan and removed my uterine septum first, now we are our on first round of letrozole with injection. Dr. McGuirk has always been very up front and explained the process in detail to us, answered all our questions and is genuinely concerned about me and our future children's well being. A outstanding doctor and expert.
Be prepared for the honest truth.
When we first met with Dr. McGuirk, the plan was go undergo some tests to find out if my tubes were open, etc. When my husband and I got pregnant unexpectedly, we changed to the plan to remove my uterine septum and start trying to conceive shortly thereafter. After trying for 7 months and no luck we have now moved to ovulation meds and are working on the first cycle of that.
The costs are based on your insurance coverage. Infertility treatment isn't cheap.
2014 - 2018
The PA's in that office [Reproductive Associates of DE] are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The PA's in that office are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
As Dr. Kovalevsky is a very good doctor in what he does, very intelligent, his bedside manners are lacking and just makes you feel like just another patient and not a person going through something you never imaged as a little girl.
The nurses are wonderful, they are very heartwarming with is really nice when to go through this process.
Dr. Kovalevsky is a smart and brilliant doctor just his bedside are lacking. He wouldn't give you hope on the procedure itself, sometimes I left the office asking my husband "so wait what does he want to do"
I would have a meeting with all the doctors in the office
My first round of retrieval, he used the minimum low dosage of medication, when before it was to end I was called by another doctor to tell me the medicine wasn't doing its job and I looked like a 40 year old woman and not a 28 year old. Round two of medicine worked better and cost more but I wish he would have sat down and ask us what we wanted to do.. 2 Rounds of medicine was hard on both of us.
I never had to be monitored for anything. So far everything has come back it has not worked.
Our whole process at this time is about $20,000 that includes medications
I only had one transfer that was not successful and I wish we had more embryos to fall back on.
2006 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
RAD is a well maintained, trained, and experienced clinic. The whole process from making the consult apt to your 12wk ultrasound apt when they release you to your OB is a smooth transition. Each doctor has its own coordinators so they have a connection with every patient. When you call if you need billing department, or just to talk to a nurse they are there and willing to help with anything.
2006 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. K was great, he was always available to answer any questions I had and before he would do a procedure, he would explain everything and make sure I was ready before starting.
The nursing staff at RAD is awesome, you can tell that they all care about helping individuals grow a family.
My experience with Dr. K was great, he explained everything in terms and ways that I could understand not just in medical terms. He was always down to earth and we could joke around and laugh at every visit.
Dr. K is a human being and he is there to help you, just relax and think of him as a friend.
Well when I first started with him with my first husband, we had a lot of set backs, surgeries to remove cysts and then my divorce. Then with my second husband, I had to start with surgery to remove cysts again, then we monitored my cycle with ultra sounds and blood work. The first 3 times we tried just the trigger shot ( I was not to emotional) and intercourse and then finally we tried trigger shot and IUI!!! Success on the first try!!!
Well it was mostly all billed medically to my insurance, but I did have to pay about 1000$ for copays, certain treatments, and then about 1500$ for medication with the treatment for when I had my son.
Dover

Clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!...All the nurses, coordinators and staff we excellent!!! They made me feel like I was there only patient!! And after seeing them almost everyday they felt like family!! We were extremely close!!! They helped with all the stress and anxiety I was going through! They were so compassionate!!!! Loved them all!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Clinic was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!
Seen him once before our three iui cycles for our consultantion and didn't see him again until the third cycle. Felt like we wasted our money! He kept us on the same plan for all three cycles when it didn't work the first time he didn't meet with us to try something else. Instead we did the same for all three iui and had the same results all three times no pregnancy!! Extremely frustrating and stress full!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Maudi )
Wish I had an opportunity to meet all doctor's before going with Dr. Kovalevsky. Felt like I was just another paitent. He diegnosed me with pcos and then went over what we should do. Instead of telling me what plan we should go with he gave me two options, Surgery to see if anything was blocking tubes or to see poplips that they couldn't see during testing or iui. I am not a doctor and asked him what we thought we should do first and he stated it was up to us! He hyped up iui and told us our odds were higher if we did that vs. timed intercourse. We did three rounds of iui and never got pregnant. We only seen him 2 maybe three times. The first time for consultantion, the second for diagnosis and the third to go over options if the third iui didn't take. He stated to us that if the third iui didn't take we should look into ivf! Witch is extremely expensive and we had to ask our parents to help pay for the three iui's! While getting our third iui done I spoke with another doctor who was very helpful with pcos and expaibed that if this 3rd iui didn't take we should consider the surgery! With my pcos I don't have severe symptoms I just don't ovulate on my own and each iui cycle I ovulated and husband's sperm count was immaculate! Wanted to stop fertility treatments because I felt like Dr. Kovalevsky was just wasting our money! Big let down and very stressful! After my third iui I found out that I could switch doctor's! Excited to finally get the help we need!!
If you are one who likes options on what you want to do see him. If you are one who believes the doctor should tell you what needs to be done and the right path you should take see someone else. Also if you don't like to see your doctor through your treatments often Dr. Kovalevsky is the guy for you!
Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant. After the third iui he meet with us and stated we should do ivf next do to high secess rate. After speaking with another doctor there we found out that our case didn't need to do ivf!! Dr. Kovalevsky is all about ivf!
Over 8,000

Anovulation, Endometriosis
The clinic [Repro Assoc of DE] is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it...The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it.
Dr. Kovalevksy took the time to get to know me and my husband before any treatment. He was blunt but kind and always gave me more information when asked. He understood the financial burdens that come with infertility and always gave honest opinion on what steps he would take and why. We didn't have our embryos screened because he told us it was not a necessity for our particular case. We were vulnerable and would have gladly given the money if he had answered differently. He gave us his personal cell phone number in case of emergency and was always available by phone or portal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright)
My coordinator was an actual angel. Mari went so far above my expectations that I am at a loss for words. She was my rock and always responded to me within 20 minutes and got things going when needed. Rhonda was my main PA and she was such a source of comfort and knowledge. This woman laughed with me and cried with me. She held my hand when needed and was like a fairy godmother. I loved these two women more than I can say. On the flip side, I didn't like the attitude of the front desk woman on the second floor suite who had short, white hair. She was frustrating and mean and just unpleasant. Luckily I got to see Gina at the front desk the most and she was always sweet and accommodating.
He was very present and available to answer questions. We had confidence in him as a doctor. He was one of the doctors who performed my laparoscopic surgery and he went above and beyond to make sure everything was done to the best of their abilities. My surgery was more complicated than had been expected but he took extra time to correct issues within my body (scarring from endometriosis caused organs to be very misplaced and he corrected all of them).
He is blunt. On the first visit he seemed intimidating and overly confident. He is very funny when appropriate and has great bedside manner.
We did three letrazole cycles for IUI. After the third he told me we would switch up the meds or move on to IVF. We had already done two medicated cycles without IUI and he was confident that IVF was our best bet. We used the mini stim protocol for IVF. Mainly due to my age at the time (28) and the fear that I would overtime on higher meds as I produced a lot of follicles during IUIs.
It was a well oiled machine. You could go in between 6am and 12pm. I tended to be the first patient in the office due to my schedule. A lot of people would go to offices close to work to accommodate their schedules. I never waited more than 15 minutes, even on days that I showed up later (around 8). They let you do your blood work first if you aren't the first patient into a room which was nice. Rita (phlebotomist) was always friendly and efficient.
The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call. My medicated IUIs were under 2k including meds and daily monitoring (blood work and transvaginal u/s). My mini stim cycle was 11k plus $4000 for meds. I was able to get some donated meds and only paid $3600. After my positive pregnancy test (and two more to confirm the HcG was doubling appropriately) I had to pay for three of my ultrasounds ($60) out of 12 ultrasounds. All other copays were included with the cost of IUI and IVF.
He will not transfer more than one embryo if you are under 34 unless there is very good reason to suspect it is the only way to be successful. As IVF can cause many complications and puts you in the high risk category he does not like to add to possible complications unless well warranted.

Other, Unexplained
RAD has a great portal system to keep track of your appointments and communicate with the staff. I wish that results had been available on the portal, however. I dealt a lot with Stephanie, the genetic counselor, and she was very helpful in explaining my diagnosis and providing resources...I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Bachman is such a warm and inviting person to speak to. She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up. The office staff also got to know my name and our story by the last few cycles we did there. We left this clinic due to a change in location.
The nursing staff was friendly and knew our story and my name by the end of our time with them.
Dr. Bachman always took the time to explain our results and our treatment options in terms that my husband and I would understand. She is a very compassionate physician who makes you feel comfortable about asking questions and voicing your concerns.
When seeing any fertility doctor, I recommend writing down questions before your appointment so you don't forget anything. Also, take notes during the appointment.
I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us. We jumped at this opportunity pretty quickly after our initial consult. At the time, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. During the cycle, I had 52 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized and 9 blastocysts. Of those 9, 3 came back PGS "normal". At this point after looking at these PGS results and doing a karyotype on my husband and I, I was diagnosed with a chromosome abnormality which causes infertility and recurrent miscarriages. We transferred our 3 embryos with 3 separate transfers and none took. We also did 2 Clomid IUIs with good responses which also did not work. At this point, we have moved and started treatment at a more convenient location.
Our monitoring, meds and retrieval and first transfer costs were mostly covered except about $1800. the two additional transfers were about $4000 each. I had IUI coverage through my insurance so just $25 copays a visit.
As a NICU RN, I agree with eSETs as I have seen the risks that multiple gestation pregnancies can carry.
Wilmington

Every visit I felt like a person. Every staff member would take the time and explain to you what was going to happen, why they were doing what they were doing, and would talk to you throughout the procedures and let you know how they were doing.I always felt comfortable and welcome, like they actually wanted help and actually cared. The facilities are top notch every time you walk in...Theresa was amazing at getting answer to questions; because sometime the information was overwhelming and I would think of questions after the fact. She was also very quick in getting anything I needed. Doctor's notes for work, prescription orders, any blood work.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed. She answered all of our questions and even when she did not have the answer she would tell us that, then tell us what we could expect and when she could have the answer to the question that we asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keane)
She was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand.
Listen to her from start to finish, she cares, and has you health and best interest at heart.
My treatment cycle runs about $1700.00 per month with the 3rd month 1/2 price. Right now we have had to pause treatment so we could save up the money. My insurance covered diagnostics.
Newark

Scheduleing is great. For blood work I was about to go before Work at 6:30 in the morning this made it so I did not have to use my vacation time at work. Also they [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are open on the weekend for monitoring appointments... Our coordinators name was dorri. She was great! She was very easy to talk to and very nice. She had our whole calendar ready and went over everything with us
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Scheduleing is great. For blood work I was about to go before Work at 6:30 in the morning this made it so I did not have to use my vacation time at work. Also they are open on the weekend for monitoring appointments
Dr. Fienburg really listened to our story and actually cared about our treatment. He was very thoughtful and honest about our odds of having a child
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri )
Dr. Feinburg is a great listener. He asked about our fertility journey and actually cared. He answered all questions we had and was explained every test and next step in full detail. I would recommend him to anyone for treatment
Ask a lot of questions because he will always answer them
I was referred to dr. Feinburg after having blood test, hsg testing, and my husband doing testing for fertility by my obgyn doctor. At our first meeting with dr feinburg we went over the results and he stated it was male infertility factor. He then explained how it would look if we did iui treatment and the success rate. He then went over ivf treatment and states that he believed we would have a good chance at success with this. He then went over additional testing for my husband and the medications I would need to start taking. After this discussion we decided we were going to try to have a fresh transfer and he went through what our journey would look like
After insurance I still paid 10,000 dollars out of pocket for my treatment

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
My two coordinators [at Reproductive Associates of DE] are always kind and promo with responding to me.... Strength- organized, everyone is kind, they work as a team to come up with a plan for each patient Weakness- it's a bigger practice so sometimes the wait times are longer... [monitoring appointments are] Pretty organized. I usually went first thing in the morning to avoid a long wait
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
She is the kindest doctor I've ever met, took time to explain everything, and genuinely cares
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dori and Amy )
My two coordinators are always kind and promo with responding to me.
Dr. Bachman is amazing and there for you every step of the way. Even though I have not had a baby yet and had a lot of set backs she has adjusted treatment accordingly. She is kind and compassionate and a patient advocate. She truly wants to see me succeed with a healthy pregnancy
dont be afraid to ask questions
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps. I've had 3 transfers (one fresh and two frozen) pgs testing was offered to me from the beginning but I chose not to do it then because I didn't have any risk factors. My first transfer ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks. My next transfer was unsuccessful. We the revisited the pgs testing and did that. Unfortunately my last transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. After that we did a recurrent loss workup with normal results. I am waiting on results from an endometrial receptivity aray. After that I will decide when to do my next transfer. I feel I need a little bit of a hormone free break and dr. Bachman is in full support of that. I have 5 embryos remaining and she remains hopeful that I will get pregnant
With all of the treatments I've spent around 20,000
Newark

Strengths [Reproductive Associates of Delaware]: Looked and smelled Clean, good reading material, neat, music was pleasant, temperature nice, during this sensitive time you didn't see other kids/babies in the office (not that it was forbidden, but it could be a painful image for others) Weaknesses: open, no privacy, no mental health associates for patient's... Great communication, fast response, thorough explanations, step by step instructions, privacy respected, nive bedside manner... They allowed me to be billed and make payments during one cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths: Looked and smelled Clean, good reading material, neat, music was pleasant, temperature nice, during this sensitive time you didn't see other kids/babies in the office (not that it was forbidden, but it could be a painful image for others) Weaknesses: open, no privacy, no mental health associates for patient's
The staff was always kind, always kept a positive attitude and remained sensitive about this journey. They remember you like an old friend, they give hugs and kind words.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa, Nikeya (Nicki) )
Dr Bachman was awesome! Her bedside manner is excellent. She reassured me when I wasn't feeling very optimistic. My questions were always answered in a pleasant way. If she said she would call you, SHE would call you! I felt so comfortable under her care.
Go with your gut. If the physician doesn't feel like a good fit, choose another one. This is a huge decision and you want to feel like you are being taken care of. Dr Bachman is a very competent Reproductive Endocrinologist. She knows her stuff!!
Dr Bachman performed an HSG to see if everything was in working order and no blockages. After 2 u successful IUI with clomid, She then did a laparoscopy to check for endometriosis. We moved to a low dose of injectable medication coupled with IUI which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Dr Bachman reassured me that we now know what works and could increase the dosage, whenever we were ready to try again. Even with experiencing this loss, we felt optimistic.
My employer doesn't offer fertility coverage so they offered a discount on procedures and surgical copays. My specialist co-pay was $40 each visit, so after 5 visits in one week it can add up. They allowed me to be billed and make payments during one cycle.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I feel as though this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.... All patients are put on the same cycle for monitoring & retrieval week. Usually you are seen by a PA or NP during monitoring but not always the same person.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I feel as though this clinic uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovalevsky is very knowledgeable and explains procedures & risks well. I initially felt very comfortable with him but then as we moved further along into a second cycle I didn’t feel like there was a personal relationship at all with him. He would get very uncomfortable if I showed emotion & cried, only to ask me if I needed to see a therapist. Also, I worked at the same surgery center that he works at 1 day a week & I would say hello as I passed him in the hall & he wouldn’t even acknowledge me let alone remember I was his patient!
He is very honest & blunt. He is knowledgeable but do not expect a warm & fuzzy demeanor.
First retrieval I was on follistim twice a day & low dose hcg. I responded quickly & was placed on ganirelix on day 4 of stim meds. Day 9 of the cycle Dr. K scanned me & told me I might get 4 eggs at best & asked if we wanted to cancel the cycle. I cried bc this was the first I was hearing about this! I ended up triggering that day for a retrieval on cycle day 11. A different doctor performed my retrieval and got 10 eggs! A lot more than 4! Ended up with 3 blastocysts.
You are not always seen by the same provider so interpretation of labs as well as u/s results varied.

2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. ... I absolutely LOVED the nurses at RAD! They were so compassionate. They felt our pain, our anguish, and our complete and udder joy!! They were thorough with any explanations that were needed. Very positive all the time! ...
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. We actually ended up switching insurance companies that did cover IVF. For a patient, before they even walk through the doors, they need to understand their health insurance. What other options they have BEFORE they start any treatments (which I'm sure I went over but can't remember).
Dr. Kovalevsky treated me like a human. He generally listened to my concerns and fears of IVF. He looks at your eyes and gently tells you the truth. We had two great experiences with Dr. Kovalevsky which resulted in two wonderful beautiful children!
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I'm not sure if Dr. Kovelvsky had any weaknesses that I experienced. His strengths were that he talked to us as a concerned couple. He answered all questions we had. He wanted to help us as best as he could. We thought he was great!
Biggest Advice: Ask ALL questions you may have...any reservations. He'll answer them.
We tried IUI first. We did three cycles that failed. We tried these because we didn't know how bad my husband's sperm motility was. After the last failed IUI Dr. K instructed us to go to a Urologist. After that we met with Dr. K again, he went over the results of my husband's sperm counts. This resulted in us moving to IVF with ICSI. ICSI was highly suggested to ensure the best results.
My insurance covered everything. We had to pay the deductibles up front and co-pays every visit until I "graduated" from the clinic. In total from start of IUI to the end of the first IVF we spent about $6,000. The second frozen transer IVF we spent about $2,000
We were not interested in multiple embryos transferred. Dr. K was against it as well. Going over my chart, he didn't think it was necessary, he thought I would become pregnant easily without any issues. He was right both times!
Newark

Whenever I have questions regarding medicine, appointments and such, I can message my patient coordinator Theresa Keene through the website portal. I do see several P.A.'s during my monitoring and IUI treatments. I can also contact the billing department via the website portal as well....Dr. Bachman is extremely welcoming and detailed in the information she has been providing, including drawing diagrams to explain the processes and procedures in detail. I am still going through treatment and hope for a good outcome.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
My overall experience has been wonderful. I will say there were a couple of times my appointment was labeled incorrectly. I had a monitoring appointment recently but my form and the P.A. thought I was being seen for my baseline monitoring and blood work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene )
The moment my Husband and I met Dr. Bachman, we instantly felt comforted by her outgoing, positive attitude. Anytime I meet with her, she greets me with a big hug. She is extremely thorough when going over treatment options and my plan of care.
Ask questions! Do not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. If something has been on your mind, if you are confused by what you are being told, simply ask. She is happy to help.
I started IUI treatments in Sept. 2015. August 2015 was spent getting lots of blood work and testing (Sono and HSG). The Dr. could find nothing wrong with myself or my Husband after the conclusion of testing. The Dr. felt that I should start with IUI treatments with artificial insemination. I used Clomid followed by OvidreI did this for 3 cycles. Upon my 4th cycle, a cyst had grown on my right side from the Clomid, so I was required to take a month off from treatment until the cyst disappeared. In January I chose to take one more month off. I started my 4th cycle in Feb. 2016 using Follistim injection 75 units per day, along with my Ovidrel. The 4th cycle failed and I am currently in my 5th cycle with Follistim. I actually just received the call from my Dr. office to take my ovidrel this evening, followed by two days of IUI.
With my insurance, I have unlimited IUI treatments I can utilize. I only have one lifetime max of $15,000 for IVF. In 2015 I paid a $50 for most visits as well as payments when my coinsurance kicked in. For 2016, I had to meet my $750 deductible, no copay and pay the coinsurance.
Newark

Every time I was in the office or received a call from the staff they were courteous, respectful and helpful. I recommend Reproductive Associates [of Delaware] to everyone. ... When I seen the IVF packages I knew I couldn’t afford even the lowest package which was $10,000. ... [Nursing Staff] Everyone was nice. ... Typically whenever I was seen at the office I paid the specialist co pay that my insurance allotted which was $50.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Nothing I felt you all did an awesome job. Every time I was in the office or received a call from the staff they were courteous, respectful and helpful. I recommend Reproductive Associates to everyone.
Dr. Neithardt was very sweet, kind, patient and always professional with me. Her beautiful smile always gave me a sense of hope even when she was delivering news I didn’t want to hear. She tried her best to help me conceive naturally. She did every test that she could but they all displayed negative results. Although she wasn’t able to help me conceive naturally she offered me IVF but I found it too costly and I wasn’t able to afford.
Everyone was nice.
As I mentioned before Dr. Neithardt was very kind and sweet. As a patient She showed a lot of compassion for my situation not being able to conceive naturally. I always was seen by her and only her at the Wilmington office and she thoroughly listened to my wants and needs at every visit. When things didn’t go right She comforted me when I cried by giving me tissues and hugging my pain away. She’s an angel and truly an awesome woman inside and out. She was born to be a reproductive doctor. She’s has the heart for it. I just wish I could have afforded IVF so that we could have had a good outcome but that wasn’t the case and I still Thank and love her with my entire heart.
Be totally honest, respectful and patient. Also, keep a positive outlook on your situation and leave the rest to God and Dr. Neithardt. She’ll do her best to fulfill your needs.
I had many test. Starting with the genetic work up between myself, my family and my partner. She had prescribed a tablet that had 3 three medications in one however that was denied by my insurance at the time. So she told me to take Folic Acid, a B vitamin and something else I can’t remember the name. Then I had a procedure done in the office where she stuck a water or dyed filled tube up my vagina to my left Fallopian tube (only one I have) to see if it was occluded. We thought the water or dye went thru but she then ordered a sonogram to make sure. I went into Christiana Care outpatient and had the sonogram that couldn’t be completed because the tech and doctor wasn’t able to get the tube through Because my uterus was shifted. So she ordered a laposcopy (spellcheck) and did small incisions to thoroughly figure out the problem and she did my left tube was occluded that’s when I learned there would be no way for me to conceive naturally and IVF would be the only way.
Typically whenever I was seen at the office I paid the specialist co pay that my insurance allotted which was $50. When I seen the IVF packages I knew I couldn’t afford even the lowest package which was $10,000.
I’ve never had shot or any IVF treatments yet.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Cycle of IVF with PGS [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was approximately $18000, including unlimited transfers of any embryos created and all monitoring and procedures...Strengths are small size, compassionate doctors who all seem to "know" your case no matter who you get. Office functions well- appts on time, friendly staff, easy to communicate with coordinator over email. Weakness- the person calling you with daily results and instructions is often non-clinical or at least doesn't seem to really know anything about you so are not prepared to answer your questions. They are more or less just a messenger. It was difficult to be receiving daily important instructions from someone whom I had never met and who didn't identify what their role was in the clinic.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I felt that everyone in the office, from the patient care coordinator to receptionist to physician, understood how hard our journey had been and how important each step of the way was for us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator Donna Reynolds)
Amazing attention to detail, even for things that seemed important to me but may have been more miniscule details
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Feinberg is both brilliant and compassionate. He is committed to understanding his patients' underlying diagnosis so that he can best tailor and personalize their treatment, while also using known evidence to support his decisions. He articulates clearly pros and cons of treatment options when they are available and involves patients in decision making. His gentle bedside manner was also reassuring at the time of stressful procedures. And he celebrates your successes with you.
Be prepared to have some decisions to make yourself- Dr. Feinberg's style of explaining pros and cons, risks and benefits, means that you may be left to make the ultimate decision about your treatment plan where there are equally good options available to you.
First IVF cycle was an agonist protocol with high doses of FSH however this was unsuccessful for us and we retrieved only a few, poor quality eggs that did not produce blastocyts. Second IVF cycle was using "ministim" and this much gentler approach resulted in our best cycle ever that ultimately resulted in pregnancy with transfer of a PGS normal embryo.
Cycle of IVF with PGS was approximately $18000, including unlimited transfers of any embryos created and all monitoring and procedures
Strongly favors eSET

1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
great lab staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] - friendly, easy to talk to and open up to. I felt at ease during all lab draws and at ease receiving results. The appointments were quick and the lab was always ready to take me for draws of blood, etc, when I arrived. ... this facility's approach is eSET. ... I think it would be helpful for the nursing staff to explain to patients why things are important (i.e. why it is important to drink lots of water, take folic acid plus prenatal vitamins, why it is important to take vitamin D3 during pregnancy, etc) - and explain the risks associated with not taking those steps (daily) during a woman's pregnancy.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
great lab staff - friendly, easy to talk to and open up to. I felt at ease during all lab draws and at ease receiving results. The appointments were quick and the lab was always ready to take me for draws of blood, etc, when I arrived.
Dr. Feinberg took the time to candidly explain the expected outcomes of my IVF transfer. I felt that he took the time to explain risk factors and expected positive outcomes as well.
The nursing staff was caring and empathetic. I think it would be helpful for the nursing staff to explain to patients why things are important (i.e. why it is important to drink lots of water, take folic acid plus prenatal vitamins, why it is important to take vitamin D3 during pregnancy, etc) - and explain the risks associated with not taking those steps (daily) during a woman's pregnancy.
I think Dr. Feinberg's strengths include his wealth and broad history of experience as a clinician. I think in explaining the potential risks involved in IVF, it is important for Doctors to be sensitive to patients' cultural and emotional sensitivities (stigma) around the difficulties that they have had with conception. For example, discussing risks could cause conflict between couples if not approached as a topic with sensitivity and bedside manner (i.e. empathy for the patient).
Have thick skin in discussions about risks of IFV because Dr. Feinberg is very experienced and may assume that his patients are prepared to understand all of the good and bad possibilities associated with IVF.
I don't recall
most were covered by my insurance.
this facility's approach is eSET.

2013 - 2015
I've had the best experience there [Reproductive Associates of DE] than any other doctor's office or hospital I've encountered. They hire the friendliest nurses, coordinators and receptionists. They are very caring and empathetic, which means the world when you're going through infertility. The only downside is that they are not cheap. Standard IVF cycle is $12,900. Goes up to $18,700 for IVF with PGS. Medication then runs $4,000-$7,000.
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I would recommend this clinic to anyone. I've had the best experience there than any other doctor's office or hospital I've encountered. They hire the friendliest nurses, coordinators and receptionists. They are very caring and empathetic, which means the world when you're going through infertility. The only downside is that they are not cheap. Standard IVF cycle is $12,900. Goes up to $18,700 for IVF with PGS. Medication then runs $4,000-$7,000.
Dr. Kovalevsky treated us with kindness and empathy. He always took his time with us and answered all of our questions. When I was having a miscarriage, he took the time to call me and tell me about my blood work instead of having a nurse call me to tell me the bad news.
The care coordinator, Dorri Purse was good at communicating with me. The rest of the nursing staff that I encountered (Rhonda Wright PA, Sue Carr MSN, CRNP) were excellent, down to the nurses that did my bloodwork- so gentle!
Dr. Kovalevsky was amazing. I am sensitive and while I feel like he could be direct, it was never done in a hurtful way. He gave us all the facts we needed to make an informed decision. In the beginning, he told us that IVF was our best chance, but we wanted to try less invasive procedures. He turned out to be right, IVF ended up working for us. He also recommended genetic screening of our embryos and the testing identified the one embryo that would most likely be successful. That embryo turned out to be our son.
Go in with lots of questions, he will answer them all.
Ovulation Induction- Gonal F 200/2 times of day, HCG 10/2 times a day plus Doxycycline for 10 days Retrieved 17 eggs, procedure went well. Following Retrieval- Doxyclycline, Medrol (16 mg), Progesterone (50 mg.), Estrace (2mg). Continued Progesterone and Estrace until 12 weeks of pregnancy. My lining was not conducive for a fresh transfer, so we decided to to do a frozen and do the PGS testing as well. Frozen transfer- Estrace/Lupron Protocol The PGS testing showed that 3/4 embryos were abnormal and not compatible with life. We transferred the 1 genetically normal embryo and got pregnant! Our son is now 3 years old. Had a relatively uneventful pregnancy and he is healthy and intelligent.
IVF with mini-PGS (testing of 4 embryos) $16,600. $800 Anesthesia $700 Embryoscope Copay for medications- Low dose HCG -$70, Ganirelix $105.88, Gonal- F $1410.86
He pushed a single embryo transfer and discussed all the risk of transferring multiple embryos. It helped change our mind from wanting to transfer 2 and instead just doing one.
Dover

I was a little confused with which office to visit for what as they aren't always in the same room [at Reproductive Associates of DE]. Other wise I can't complain. The rooms were clean, friendly, and welcoming. I never had a problem with the waiting room, bathroom, or anybody the exam rooms.... [Nurses were] Super friendly, helpful, and overall pleasant. They were knowledgeable and never rude or showing impatience. Answered any questions I had no .matter how silly I thought they were.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I was a little confused with which office to visit for what as they aren't always in the same room. Other wise I can't complain. The rooms were clean, friendly, and welcoming. I never had a problem with the waiting room, bathroom, or anybody the exam rooms.
He was very honest and interested in what o had to say. He really seemed to care and took my opinion and past experiences into account. We only ran tests to try and find out if I was, as I put it, barren or not bit that's all we needed. He works with me to help find the problem!
I came to him with concerns about my ability to become pregnant after nearly a year and half of trying. I was unsure where to start and he was compassionate and understanding. He ordered multiple tests to understand my personal situation and how we could best go about my fertility. I don't see him long so I don't have anything negative I recall such as weaknesses and that jazz. I only had positive experiences with him.
Do your research and make sure you have a list of questions ready for him to answer so you get all the information you want.
All we did was test different ways to check my fertility. After the one test where they inject dye into your uterus to check your tubes, I was able to get pregnant. We believe it may have just been blocked tubes
I remember my insurance not willing to pay for the services and the billing department worked with me to make it affordable! They were knowledgeable and friendly. Only wanting to help and not burden me with bills I couldn't pay so they helped find a way to make it work for me
We didn't have to do that.

2005 - 2015
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The office is clean and organized. They have nice magazines to read while you wait, there's free coffee tea and candy. Everyone is happy to be there. I can't say anything bad about them. Even the billing representative is kind. ... I was scheduled for IUI and my husband went in to give a sample while I was at work. He already completed paperwork and did labs he only nedded to give a sample on this particular day. Well he was asked for blood and a sample. ... The office apologized and discarded his blood and never billed our insurance.
2005 - 2015
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr McGuirk always gives me a hug!! She is warm and caring and wanted me to become a Mother. I felt that she understood my pain.
The nursing staff was great. They returned My calls and emails and never acted as if I was bothering them. They told me about different discounts for my medicine and provided me with a few day's worth of Follistim completely free!
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She's very knowledgeable and gives great advice. Dr McGuirk really cares and takes time to remember important details about her patients. I highly recommend her, in fact I told three coworkers and her and a family member.
Listen to what she has to say. Take notes and trust her. She's an expert on endometriosis and fibroids!
After complaining to my GYN for over two years, Dr McGuirk removed a huge fibroid and treated my endo. I was diagnosed with endometriosis level 4, with blocked tubes and was placed on continuous birth control. This way my hormones would stay level and try to keep the endo down. She recommended a better diet and ways to try and prevent future problems. When it came time to conceive she suggested IVF but I didn't listen. My husband and I wasted time and money on IUI. We did IVF with a frozen transfer and our baby arrived 39weeks later.
My employer paid a great deal but I think I paid about 4K for IUI& IVF. This does not include medications or surgery. Each year there is an egg storage fee of $500
One embryo is transferred and after understanding the risks, I was ok with it. Dr McGuirk is against multiple transfers.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
The nursing staff [at RAD] was amazing. I was in all the time for checks and blood tests and everyone from the woman at the front desk to the nurses assisting the doctors in a retrieval or transfer were compassionate and sensitive. I remember one nurse holding my hand while I was going under for a D&C after a miscarriage, and it really helped me feel less scared.... All of the staff at RAD are incredibly sensitive and supportive, which makes all the difference in a process like this.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
It's main strength is its excellent staff - nurses, doctors and office staff. But it also has an amazing success rate. When a clinic gets so many patients from word of mouth advertising, you know it is great. I can't think of any weaknesses at the clinic. My main challenge was insurance, and they even helped me figure that out!
Dr. Neithardt was very personable. She was always sensitive to my feelings and carefully explained every step of the way. When I felt like my failure to conceive was my fault, she always assured me that it wasn't and that there were things we could do to have a baby.
The nursing staff was amazing. I was in all the time for checks and blood tests and everyone from the woman at the front desk to the nurses assisting the doctors in a retrieval or transfer were compassionate and sensitive. I remember one nurse holding my hand while I was going under for a D&C after a miscarriage, and it really helped me feel less scared.
She was so supportive! All of the staff at RAD are incredibly sensitive and supportive, which makes all the difference in a process like this. Dr. Neithardt explained every step thoroughly and carefully. She even drew me a diagram of my reproductive system when I was having a hard time understanding what was happening with me. What had the biggest impact on me was that Dr. Neithardt made me feel like it wasn't my fault I couldn't get pregnant. There were other, physical reasons I had no control over, and those things could be mitigated. She made me believe we really could have a baby and we DID!
I would tell a prospective patient that they will not likely see Dr. Neithardt all the time. Some people do - my friend did - but my experience was that even though she was my primary doctor, I did see almost all of the other doctors in the practice. I did not expect that, but i was relieved that they were all great.
This was three years ago, but first we tried Clomid with IUI. We tried this even though we knew I had PCOS and it was not likely to work. We did that because it is so much less invasive and easier than IVF so we were hoping it would work. But we only gave it one try before moving to IVF...I think she asked if I wanted to move on or try IUI again and I wanted to move on. So then we did the ovary stimulation, egg retrieval and insemination and a fresh transfer before freezing my remaining embryos. One round of IVF worked!
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The entire staff at RAD, from reception through to the doctors are welcoming, warm and treat you amazingly kindly... They see a lot of patients and it’s a big office which can be a bit overwhelming, but they really care and are amazing at what they do. They take the time to treat you as a person, not a number and are routing for you all way.... Dr. Feinberg is blunt, honest and straight to the point. Some people may not be comfortable with this, but for me, it’s perfect!
European, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are sweet, kind and warm and take wonderful care of you.
Dr. Feinberg is blunt, honest and straight to the point. Some people may not be comfortable with this, but for me, it’s perfect! No beating around the bush, no need for me to question anything. I know what’s going on and what to expect!
Be prepared to hear the truth, even if it sounds a little harsh. He definitely wants to help and will do what it takes to get you to your end goal.
I had a multitude of testing done when we first got started. I can’t remember the name of all the tests, but we found out I had endometriosis and tubal blockage. I had laparoscopic surgery to clear the endo. After healing, I started on drug therapy for egg retrieval. During egg retrieval we ended up with 25 eggs, of which 18 we’re mature and 14 fertilized. Of those, only 8 became blastocysts. We chose not to test the embryos and to attempt a fresh transfer with the knowledge that they are less likely to implant. Unfortunately the first transfer did not work. After waiting the appropriate amount of time, we did drug therapy to prep my uterus and did a frozen transfer, we were lucky and ended up with a healthy baby girl.
Our insurance covered most of our treatment. The bulk of the cost was the medication and I believe that our overall cost was around $8,000 out of pocket
We felt eSET was the best option as it limited our chance for multiples

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor
When you go in for your consult [at RAD- Newark] everything is laid out for you. You have your schedule and pricing and know exactly what appointments need to be made and what will be happening next. Everything is very over whelming but they make it so easy for you. I have been to other clinics and expected the same care and have been sadly disappointed.... I wanted to use 2 embryos and had to sign a paper saying that was against his wishes. I understood why but my heart told me to use two. So we did....the first cycle didn't work and the second cycle I had one baby. I am glad I used 2 or I might not have a baby now. But they defiantly didn't want me to use two embryos.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are in a great location. Everything is clean and updated. Everyone is nice and caring. I really can not think of a weakness. They are truly rock stars in the fertility world!
All of the nurses were wonderful! When the first transfer didn't work I felt like it was all of their loss too. I remember thinking "this lady is going to cry with me. she really cares".
When you go in for your consult everything is laid out for you. You have your schedule and pricing and know exactly what appointments need to be made and what will be happening next. Everything is very over whelming but they make it so easy for you. I have been to other clinics and expected the same care and have been sadly disappointed.
He was very caring. He knew what he was talking about and had a plan laid out to get us pregnant. He didn't ask me the same questions over and over again...so he read our file to update himself before speaking to me.
Go to him first! (or any of the doctors in his office) Do not waste your time and money at the other clinics around!
I had to have surgery for blocked Fallopian tubes. I went through testing and two IUI's at a previous doctor. When I finally found this doctor he said I would have never gotten pregnant that way. So the other doctor wasted a bunch of my money and time when he knew it wasn't going to work! I went through IVF with donor sperm. 5 day transfer and then when that didn't work a frozen transfer that was a success.
I think we paid for a package and it was $15,000 total. From start to finish and as many tries as needed until a live birth.
Newark

RAD has become more than a clinic or doctor's office to us. I know my wife respects their staff and is treated well. They know what they're doing and they made us feel comfortable from day 1. Even if our results werent always the best, they made us feel confident in our decisions and supported us 100%... Amazing people. Very compassionate and rooted for us 100%. They always answered every one of our questions without hesitation and were able to explain some of the technical terms and procedures to us. Treated my wife like gold!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Kov was very detailed in his explanations of why we were doing certain things and medicating in certain ways. Everything was customized to us and our needs.
We were treated very well and felt completely comfortable with Dr. Kovalesky and his staff. His knowledge was remarkable and he was able to communicate exactly what the treatment plan looked like and why we were taking a certain plan of attack. Dr. Kovalesky made adjustments to medication and treated our specific case according to our needs and accepted our input. He gave us the statistics and treatment plans for a few options and helped us make a decision we all felt comfortable with.
He is a little quarky but he is direct and informative. He has a plan and it worked for us.
Our first plan of attack was to have a DNC Surgery to optimize the uterus. We then medicated with chlomid and went for regular monitoring. There a few cycles that looked promising but not perfect. We made adjustments to the amount of chlomid we were using and eventually got it right. After our first child, the chlomid wasn't working as expected so we switched to Letrozol to try to get numbers where they needed to be. It was a few cycles of unlucky results when my wife and I decided to focus on ourselves and losing weight before trying again.

2013 - 2014
The only confusing thing about RAD is that if you go to their office near to the hospital, they actually have offices on two floors. One is the regular office for bloodwork etc. and the second is for egg retrieval and IVF. This isn't super clear if you go for the first time on a Saturday! The Wilmington office is smaller and I found it easier to navigate and less stressful...
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Bachman and all of the staff at RAD knew my name, my story, about my personal life etc. When I was having a hard time emotionally, they always took the time to talk or hug or whatever I needed.
The nursing staff at RAD was great. I went to the smaller satellite office in Wilmington and the folks there were friendly and compassionate.
Dr. Bachman was wonderful and warm. She was also thorough and knowledgeable. Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too.
Be honest about how you're feeling and ask questions.
I did a series of tests at first that led Dr. Bachman to believe that there might be a leak in one of my fallopian tubes. She performed a laproscopic surgery to assess whether or not it could be fixed or if needed to be removed. Luckily, the tube was a wonky shape causing it to look like it was leaking in the tests, but it did not require any additional work. Afterwards, she started me on letrozole and ovidrel. Letrozole because my family has a history of breast cancer and it has less of a side effect. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the letrozole after two cycles and we discontinued in favor of clomid. I did three cycles of clomid with ovidrel which was successful on the third round. I also had a progesterone supplement which i continued to use throughout my first trimester.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatments. I believe I had about a $25 charge with each standard bloodwork/monitoring appointment and about $50 for other more intensive appointments.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Reproductive Assoc of DE] was very busy at the time I was a patient. Sometimes it seemed I was just cycled through, but that was only when I had to go in several times a week for blood draws. During the actual process your coordinator keeps in touch with you and is available for questions. After pregnancy is confirmed and you're nearing the end of the first trimester you are referred back to your OB to continue care. I would have liked it if the clinic had checked in during the pregnancy to see how you were doing, but they didn't.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic was very busy at the time I was a patient. Sometimes it seemed I was just cycled through, but that was only when I had to go in several times a week for blood draws. During the actual process your coordinator keeps in touch with you and is available for questions. After pregnancy is confirmed and you're nearing the end of the first trimester you are referred back to your OB to continue care. I would have liked it if the clinic had checked in during the pregnancy to see how you were doing, but they didn't.
He and his team understood why we were seeking his help and was candid through-out the process. Dr. Feinberg was always nice. During my time there it was a busy place with a lot of patients cycling in and out for blood tests so sometimes it seemed we were on an assembly line. No fault of anyone, it was just busy.
The nurses were great and patient. As I stated earlier at the time I was a patient it was a very busy practice so sometimes it was an assembly line when multiple patients came in for the blood tests.
Dr. Feinberg was very knowledgeable about his profession and described the process, the risks (including the risk of disappointment), and everything we needed to know in detail. He is a nice, caring man.
He does not hesitate so be prepared to hear the truth if the news is not good.
I remember that I was referred to Dr. Feinberg for IVF by another doctor in the practice after fertility drugs did not work so by the time I met Dr. Feinberg IVF was the last course of treatment. Once I met him he described the process and began to schedule and institute the procedures. The first round of IVF resulted in pregnancy. When that pregnancy ended suddenly and early we had a second unsuccessful round. The third and last round led to a full term pregnancy. In each round multiple embryos were transplanted to increase the odds with full knowledge that there may be multiple births. Both of the pregnancies resulted in twins.
I only remember co-pays. Insurance covered all of my procedures so I did not have many out of pocket costs.
We understood the approach of multiple embryo transfer and were willing to accept the possibility of multiple births. One of the reasons this approach was selected was due to my advancing age and wanted to increase the odds of success.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I don't really know what the office environment is like now [at Reproductive Associates of DE]. I know over the years they have gotten very successful and have expanded. I stopped in to visit some time ago when the children were young and we greeted each other like old family. I know that I hated to leave - when I was 12 weeks pregnant I had to transition to the high risk department at the hospital for our care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I don't really know what the office environment is like now. I know over the years they have gotten very successful and have expanded. I stopped in to visit some time ago when the children were young and we greeted each other like old family. I know that I hated to leave - when I was 12 weeks pregnant I had to transition to the high risk department at the hospital for our care.
She was the first doctor to ask me what I wanted to do. She always talked about options and was honest in her opinion and guidance but ultimately respected the fact that it was my choice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Joyce "the busdriver" Blanco ?)
This is going way back but the group was amazing. The nurse coordinator, Joyce, was the most organized person I've ever met. There was Mark who was in the lab and Si (not sure of spelling) who performed a lot of the blood work in the office. Of course I don't want to leave out Dr. Feinberg - I know this evaluation is for Dr. McGuirk - but they really are an excellent team.
My experience goes back to the start of her practice. I had consulted with a long-time dr in the state and he made me feel like I was a science experiment. She listened to me and was systematic in her approach with finding the cause of my infertility. She always explained what was going to be happening and respected my choices. My family was her first set of triplets (1999) and I have the utmost respect and gratitude for her. After my children were born I still had frozen embryos (6). The embryos were later adopted by a couple in California (this was a very new idea at the time) and Dr. McGuirk helped us through this process as well. I would love to see her and her practice honored and be able to help another couple on their journey.
Don't ever be shy or embarrassed to ask any question concerning your fertility. She will make you feel comfortable and assured in what can be a crazy emotional roller coaster.
I had a laparoscopic surgery done prior to starting treatment and was found to have endometriosis as well as malformed Fallopian tubes. I started with 4 rounds of Xoladex for the endo and then daily lupron and birth control so my cycle would be controlled. IVF was the logical choice because of my tubes so I started a course Gonal F as well as daily progesterone injections. 26 eggs were retrieved and fertilized with my ex-husband's sperm. 6 were frozen, some did not continue to grow, and I had 4 transferred in me. The progesterone injections continued for the first 12 weeks I believe. I became pregnant with triplets and delivered at 34 weeks 1 day - a healthy daughter and 2 healthy sons.
I think back then it was something like $10,000 for 3 IVF cycles. Medication was ordered through a specific pharmacy and paid for by me.
As I understand it the protocols are different now. In 1998 it seemed to be the norm to have a multiple embryo transfer. I was 32 and never pregnant and didn't think I would be able to do several IVF cycles for many reasons (emotionally, physically and financially). We discussed transfer options at the time (4 vs 5 embryos) and decided on 4.
2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.... Rhonda is an amazing lady. I probably would not have made it through all of this without her. She was my rock.
2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.
The staff and doctors in this practice become family. They were there for me for any reason I needed every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda )
He doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level. Not sure about everyone else but much of what is going on through all of this is foreign to me and he made it understandable. I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be. As frighten as I was about all of the treatments and whether this was going to work or not listening to his explanations put my mind at ease. Well as much ease as you can have when going through such an important emotional time in your life. I recommend him to anyone that will listen. I tell them my story and how happy I was that I found him and from that meeting I have my amazing son. I will be forever grateful. There are not enough words to describe how much this experience changed not only my life but my whole outlook on life itself. I had to grow up a lot good big through something like this. I never knew anyone who had dealt with infertility before so having a doctor that was able to help me on my level was exactly what I needed. I hope to see him again some day. Maybe we can give it another go and get my son the sibling he has been asking for.
If you have questions ASK THEM! There is a reason for everything and if you don’t understand he will explain it.
I don’t really remember the protocol used. My son is 7 now.
I did a trial with them where they were freezing the eggs then fertilizing them later. Because I was willing to try this type of procedure they offered a free traditional IVF if the trial failed. I had a chemical pregnancy with the trial so we moved forward with the IVF and got the results we prayed for. As for the medications... there were times I couldn’t afford certain ones and they offered to donate some to me from stock that the office has. I also donated what was left of my medication (unopened of course) after treatment for the next person that might need some help.
I remember him telling me the chances having multiples with single vs. multiple transfers and that helping us with the decision that we made.