Genetic counseling: Offered
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
2700 Silverside Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) to a friend?

She [Dr. Emelia Bachman] is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully...I think she has great bedside manner and cares a lot about the success of her patients. The doctors at RAD all consult with each other and it makes me feel reassured that I'm in good hands and getting good care
I often left [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions...We had a miscommunication with the genetic counselor about the pgd process which ended up delaying our cycle, and it didn't seem like all the other clinicians were up to date on where we were in that process, but she quickly corrected it and has been great and helpful otherwise
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dont have expectations of what your diagnosis will be, what your treatment plan will be, or when you may get pregnant. That's only setting yourself up for disappointment. And come to every appointment with questions written down since it's hard to get an appointment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
She is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility, got referred to a urologist. And then started IVF with pgs/pgd. I was on follistim and clomid, and had a lot of follicles but only got 8 eggs, and 2 made it to the blastocyst stage. I'm waiting to talk to Dr. Bachman about how our 2nd cycle may be different
They're caring and answer questions during your exams, I always felt like I knew what was going on after an exam except during my IVF monitoring. I often left with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions
Describe your experience with RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The portal system is helpful, they are very organized and systematic which puts me at ease. I wish the doctors had more availability but that's pretty common. The coordinators are very responsive to portal messages, they hardly ever answer the phone though
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
so far we've paid about 20,000 not including medications
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
She strongly believes in SET
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

2019 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Schillings has welcomed us with open arms from the very beginning. Any question or insecurity we had was answered and reassured. She lets you know that she cares about each and every one of her patients and that you are not just a number.... When we left the office that first day we really felt like we had an understanding of everything that was about to happen... just know that she genuinely does care!
The clinic [RAD Fertility] overall is great! Typically, any question or concern that someone may have will be answered in a timely matter. They really do make you feel like family. I feel as if they treat everyone who walks in there that way. My partner and I are part of the LGBTQ community and we were not treated any different then a heterosexual couple. It’s a truly wonderful feeling when you are trying to have a baby and those involved in that with you are accepting of you and kind!
2019 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr Schillings answered all of our questions at our initial consultation and always made us feel like we were family. When we left the office that first day we really felt like we had an understanding of everything that was about to happen. Our first round of IVF was a failure, but she was very compassionate!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Go in with a positive attitude, ask questions, and just know that she genuinely does care!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorry )
Our coordinator along with the other coordinators and nursing team in itself are very kind people. We have not once stepped in that office and been treated badly. Everyone is super friendly, informative, and there is just such a good vibe in the office!
The clinic overall is great! Typically, any question or concern that someone may have will be answered in a timely matter. They really do make you feel like family. I feel as if they treat everyone who walks in there that way. My partner and I are part of the LGBTQ community and we were not treated any different then a heterosexual couple. It’s a truly wonderful feeling when you are trying to have a baby and those involved in that with you are accepting of you and kind!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
We fortunately have very good insurance that covered a lot of the first cycle. We are currently waiting to start our second cycle, as it was halted due to COVID19. That is our last covered cycle by insurance.
Wendy Schillings

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I think he [Dr. Ronald Feinberg] is thoughtful and takes the time to listen. During the consult visits where I do see him, I never feel rushed. While he's quick to suggest IVF, he doesn't pressure you into a decision. We chose to try IUI first and he was understanding and supportive...Know that while he may be overseeing your treatment, you may not see him much...You may go through a whole cycle and not see your doctor...Gonal F 300 mg with continuous clomid. It was described as efficient with less daily shots. It did not produce desired results for me.
Wish there was more consistency [at RAD Fertility] in treating providers (i.e. seeing the same PA or NP during monitoring so can comment on changes and know you vs what numbers are in the chart). Also wish there was built-in follow up with doctors following cycles. If you want to see your doctor or have follow-up, it's up to you to schedule an appointment. WIth all that said, I've been pleased with RAD. They do seem to care and are in this journey with you. Great after-hours on-call - tell you to call and say its an emergency if you have ANY question or concern during cycle so you never have to feel like you are going to make a mistake or screw it up.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
I think he is thoughtful and takes the time to listen. During the consult visits where I do see him, I never feel rushed. While he's quick to suggest IVF, he doesn't pressure you into a decision. We chose to try IUI first and he was understanding and supportive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Know that while he may be overseeing your treatment, you may not see him much.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
While everyone is so nice, you see so many different NPs and PAs each time you go in. It's hard to feel like anyone knows you or your history/issues. You may go through a whole cycle and not see your doctor.
Describe the protocols Ronald Feinberg used in your cycles at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
RAD uses a consultation team approach to decide each person's protocol. However, they do seem to use similar protocol on everyone. Gonal F 300 mg with continuous clomid. It was described as efficient with less daily shots. It did not produce desired results for me.
Efficient and usually timely. There are a ton and honestly don't know one from another (except for Lindsay - she rocks!) . All polite and professional. Most communication is through portal. Hard to get answers on the phone.
Efficient and great hours - open almost every day and early monitoring appointments. Wish there was more consistency in treating providers (i.e. seeing the same PA or NP during monitoring so can comment on changes and know you vs what numbers are in the chart). Also wish there was built-in follow up with doctors following cycles. If you want to see your doctor or have follow-up, it's up to you to schedule an appointment. WIth all that said, I've been pleased with RAD. They do seem to care and are in this journey with you. Great after-hours on-call - tell you to call and say its an emergency if you have ANY question or concern during cycle so you never have to feel like you are going to make a mistake or screw it up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Well-oiled machine. The earliest hours (I think, 630-730) are first come, first serve. After that, it's by appointment but they may be backed up. "IVF monitoring weekends" are 730-930 first come, first serve. I'm usually at RAD for 30-45 minutes for monitoring, including wait time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Covered partly by insurance so unsure. Meds about 5,000-6,000 out-of-pocket for a retrieval cycle.
Describe Ronald Feinberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Majority of transfers are eSET. Was explained that only in special circumstances would they do multiple embryo transfer as it causes risk to mother and baby.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Bachman is both knowledgeable and kind hearted. Every step of the way she asks if you are okay and understand. Also she is compassionate. I have never met a doctor I trusted more. When something in my protocol changes she calls to explain and make sure I’m still okay with it. I’m about to start my first cycle in a couple weeks so their is so much I still can’t answer just yet but she is awesome. I’ll be upset when I do graduate to a regular obgyn after my treatment.
The only weakness I have found is the hours of operation [at RAD- Newark]. With the amount of appointments the latest is 4:00 there should be one day where appointments can be made later. The one good thing is you are assigned to a couple coordinators depending your plan of action for treatment so you get familiar with who is coordinating your care.... My re only does single embryo transfer. It is safer for mom and baby
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Be open and honest with her. Tell her your fears and concerns. Dr Bachman can’t do her job to the best of her ability if she doesn’t know what’s bugging you. Be honest and open. It’s a tough process as it is.
Every time I have been greeted by Dr. Bachman I get greeted with a hug and by name. Dr.Bachman doesn’t even really have to reference the chart. Everything is well explained, and the sympathy and empathy are awesome.
I honestly don’t know as I’m just getting ready to start a Ivf cyclein may
The only weakness I have found is the hours of operation. With the amount of appointments the latest is 4:00 there should be one day where appointments can be made later. The one good thing is you are assigned to a couple coordinators depending your plan of action for treatment so you get familiar with who is coordinating your care.
My cycle of invitro will cost 1,960 (with insurance) this doesn’t cover medications. Medications are 4,500 on top of co pay of 45.00 per visit. I also am currently paying off the surgery I had that diagnosed my tubal issue. It’ll be around roughly 7,000
My re only does single embryo transfer. It is safer for mom and baby
+ Read more- Read less

I had an ectopic pregnancy from my previous cycle with the previous doctor. Dr. Bachman reviewed all of my information, repeated diagnostic bloodwork and testing, and provided options for an action plan moving forward. ... Dr. Bachman takes her time to listen and answer questions. She treats her patients with full support and starts from the beginning, explaining each option and possible outcomes. Dr. Bachman is professional, kind, and very responsive.
Clinics [RAD] strengths are professional, supportive, reachable, and has a team approach. ... Everyone in the clinic is helpful, pleasant, and professional. I have worked with Beth, on of the physician assistants, who is absolutely amazing. She has done both of my HSG and Sono procedures. ... Clinic weaknesses may be that they lost one reproductive doctor, going from five to four, so I think that has effected the patient to doctor ratios to be higher.
Dr. Bachman's strengths are apparent the second you meet her. She is professional and caring. She works with you from where you are and explains each step along the way. She took her time with my husband and I while using her knowledge and experience to provide the best care.
Ask questions when you have them Dr. Bachman will answer them while providing support.
My reproductive doctor I originally worked with moved out of state so I was switched to work with Dr. Bachman. I had an ectopic pregnancy from my previous cycle with the previous doctor. Dr. Bachman reviewed all of my information, repeated diagnostic bloodwork and testing, and provided options for an action plan moving forward. I had two cycles of gonal F 100 and got pregnant both times, unfortunately both were ectopic. Now Im working with Dr. Bachman on diagnostic laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and considering IVF for future cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
Clinics strengths are professional, supportive, reachable, and has a team approach. Clinic weaknesses may be that they lost one reproductive doctor, going from five to four, so I think that has effected the patient to doctor ratios to be higher.
Insurance copay of 25%, also had to pay for medications out of pocket.

IUI, Donor Sperm
Dr McGuirk was interested in what I had to say about my experiences and plans. She was clear about all of the steps I would be looking at and best ways to plan ahead for the process including the best way to care for myself and prepare my body for prenancy. ... She was very detailed in her explanation and was always making sure I wasn't confused with so much info coming my way. She offered tips on how to best prepare my body to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. She cared and listened to any struggles I have encountered to this point.
Biggest weakness is that I did have a long wait time for both appointments, however the staff was very apologetic and offered rescheduling if needed. I opted to stay in the comfy welcoming waiting room for both appointments. ... Mari [nurse] printed out all of the notes from my meeting with Dr McGuirk and made sure that I had no questions. She also reviewed all of the upcoming appointments, what each entailed and again made sure I had no questions.
IUI, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr McGuirk was wonderful. She was very detailed in her explanation and was always making sure I wasn't confused with so much info coming my way. She offered tips on how to best prepare my body to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. She cared and listened to any struggles I have encountered to this point. She made me feel at ease as she explained everything the team would be doing to help me to a successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Write down any questions you might have in advance. Although the team is very willing to answer follow up questions, there is alot of information to take in so it is easy to lose track.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the protocols Barbara McGuirk used in your cycles at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
This was just an initial consult so the 2 main items were start prescription prenatal vitamins and to start intermittent fasting which has been proven to improve egg health and organ function. And then of course the more obvious do not drink, smoke marijuana or do any drugs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquilin)
Mari printed out all of the notes from my meeting with Dr McGuirk and made sure that I had no questions. She also reviewed all of the upcoming appointments, what each entailed and again made sure I had no questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Consult, genetic counseling, prenatal vitamins and blood work which includes genetic testing has so far only been $282.07 OOP
Describe Barbara McGuirk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Dr McGuirk was very clear that my path would not be decided until all tests were completed and we would build a strategy that would best suit me.

2014 - 2019
Dr Bachman is great, almost perfect. My only complaint is not knowing I had the option to freeze the eggs from my retrieval instead of fertilizing them all at once. ... She said I may be a candidate for mini-stim IVF which would be comparable in cost to the few cycles of IUI that would probably be necessary to conceive, so that's what we did. ... The mini-stim cycle produced 7 eggs, 6 embroys, and so far 2 babies with 3 embryos left.
I had to take time off work so it was never convenient. Even when I got there [RAD] at opening time there was always a wait. ... I also was against my future children being conceived by my husband masterbating to porn but they would not allow me to go into the collection room with him. Not all couples are comfortable with pornographic material ... I know men are visual but as a Christian I find "the porn room " to be disturbing. (My term, not theirs) Besides that, the clinic is clean and the staff is friendly. ...
2014 - 2019
European, Black or African-American
Dr Bachman is great, almost perfect. My only complaint is not knowing I had the option to freeze the eggs from my retrieval instead of fertilizing them all at once. Now I'm left with the decision of what to do with all these embryos and because I feel morally obligated to them I have faced a lot of stress and anxiety knowing I will most likely have a huge family when originally I only wanted to add 1 child from IVF, not 5 (potentially). This has also created a huge financial burden for us.
Discuss your options so you're not left with a bunch of embryos that you may not be sure what to do about.
Dr Bachman does a great job answering questions and has a warm friendly demeanor. She doesn't make you feel rushed during appointments.
Since we had been trying for a couple years and I was really struggling emotionally from the infertility, we decided to skip IUI after Dr Bachman explained the low success rate. She said I may be a candidate for mini-stim IVF which would be comparable in cost to the few cycles of IUI that would probably be necessary to conceive, so that's what we did. The mini-stim cycle produced 7 eggs, 6 embroys, and so far 2 babies with 3 embryos left.
Everyone is great at RAD...friendly and knowledgeable.
The pricing is on the high end and for whatever reason they would not gives us a military discount even though they advertise it on their website. Before becoming pregnant I remeber sitting in the waiting room and feeling bad about all the magazines with pregnant celebrities on top of my doctor being pregnant as well. While I wasn't bitter and of course no one can avoid seeing pregnant women, when you're struggling to get pregnant it always stings a little when you see others have what you desperately want. I also was against my future children being conceived by my husband masterbating to porn but they would not allow me to go into the collection room with him. Not all couples are comfortable with pornographic material but luckily my husband was prepared with our own material. I know men are visual but as a Christian I find "the porn room " to be disturbing. (My term, not theirs) Besides that, the clinic is clean and the staff is friendly.
I had to take time off work so it was never convenient. Even when I got there at opening time there was always a wait.
Initial consult was $150. I think the retrieval and up to 3 transfers was about $9000. The testing was about $1000, and meds were about $3200. For my second FET, the cost was $4200, meds were $900 and testing (sono) was maybe $300.
While I wasn't adamant about multiple embryo tranfer, Dr Bachman did explain that for my age and health single embryo transfer was preferred.

2015 - 2019
Through testing, diagnosis of unexplained fertility, and treatment she explained what to expect from each process. There were plenty of visits to the office over the entire time-frame but we didn't see Dr. Bachman at each visit. ... She was warm and welcoming the first time around in 2015. We recently went back for our second consultation in 2019 and she was just as great as before. ... I used Clomid, a shot to make me ovulate (I don't remember the name), two days of IUI and ended the process with progesterone suppositories. During the process there was constant monitoring to detect the correct timing.
The entire process was long based on our schedule and other factors, however the clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] worked closely with us along the way. All my questions from finance, insurance to procedures were answered along the way. I would recommend this clinic to anyone that is having fertility issues. The use of their patient portal made communication with any team member quick and easy. ...
2015 - 2019
Each time we met with Dr. Bachman she was welcoming and understanding of the stressful situation. Through testing, diagnosis of unexplained fertility, and treatment she explained what to expect from each process. There were plenty of visits to the office over the entire time-frame but we didn't see Dr. Bachman at each visit. This was perfectly acceptable to me as the remainder of the staff was just as welcoming and competent as Dr. Bachman. Our entire process was long due to scheduling restraints on our end as well as a maternity leave for Dr. Bachman. While she was out on leave we decided to take some time off from the process. When Dr. Bachman returned, we picked up where were at and eventually continued on through a successful treatment process.
It is a long and stressful process, with testing, diagnosis and through treatment, however having a great team to work with is essential to providing you with support the entire way.
A friend recommended Dr. Bachman to me and my family. She was warm and welcoming the first time around in 2015. We recently went back for our second consultation in 2019 and she was just as great as before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene)
Through all of the visits the nursing staff was great. Through all of the visits I didn't have a staff member that wasn't proficient at their job. Wait times for appointments were typically short and the appointment times were accommodating with my schedule.
The entire process was long based on our schedule and other factors, however the clinic worked closely with us along the way. All my questions from finance, insurance to procedures were answered along the way. I would recommend this clinic to anyone that is having fertility issues. The use of their patient portal made communication with any team member quick and easy.
Based on my insurance I had copays that needed to be paid but a lot of the testing and treatment was covered by my insurance. The second time around my insurance has changed so it will be more out of pocket up front but overall will cost about the same as it did the first time based on premiums I was paying before. Some of the prescriptions (progesterone suppositories) weren't covered but the office worked with me to help find an alternative pharmacy to help lower the cost.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Bachman goes into great detail about your treatment plan and if you have any concerns you can reach out through the portal ... She did a full lab work up and I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. We started off with the lowest dose of Fermara and timed intercourse which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We tried two more months of Fermara and increased the dosage each time as well as did IUIs both months.
Each doctor has their own patient coordinator that handles appointments/procedures and patient questions. There is also a clinical team [RAD] of nurses and physician assistants that handle the IUIs and follow up labs and appointments. ... The nursing staff is just as good. They are great with staying up to date with each case. ... The appointments are flexible and they always find time to squeeze you in. I honestly do not have anything negative to say.
European, Other
I cannot say enough good things about Dr.Bachman. She truly is an exceptional doctor. She's getting busier with patients but she treats you as though you are the only one on her schedule. Dr. Bachman goes into great detail about your treatment plan and if you have any concerns you can reach out through the portal. She's even called me after hours from her cell phone to talk to me regarding some issues. I wish she could be my regular OBGYN as well. I always ask her if she wants to be all my doctor's in one!!
You will not be disappointed! You may have to wait for a few weeks to get an initial consultation but it is worth it. She is very honest but caring at the same time. Such a down to earth physician.
Dr. Bachman is so sweet. I left my initial consultation feeling like I have known her for years. She doesn't rush the appointments and explains every option available to you and gives her honest opinion with what will be the best treatment for you as a person. She definitely cares about her patients.
She did a full lab work up and I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. We started off with the lowest dose of Fermara and timed intercourse which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We tried two more months of Fermara and increased the dosage each time as well as did IUIs both months. Both resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I asked if we should try another month but Dr.Bachman did not want me to keep spending a lot of money as the success rates are still about 20%. Dr. Bachman informed me of a study that was coming up for IVF as my insurance does not cover any IVF or any fertility treatments for that matter. She was trying to help with the IVF cost by enrolling me into the study but unfortunately I could not take the specific medication that was being used. Now, I am trying to get money together for an IVF cycle. I really liked that Dr.Bachman didn't want to keep trying other things and wanted to get right to the best course of treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene is my patient coordinator)
Each doctor has their own patient coordinator that handles appointments/procedures and patient questions. There is also a clinical team of nurses and physician assistants that handle the IUIs and follow up labs and appointments. The doctors are awesome. I have not had one doctor that I did not like. They are all very helpful. The nursing staff is just as good. They are great with staying up to date with each case. The clinical team always gets their direction from one of the four main fertility doctors and will review any possible med changes which Dr. Bachman must approve. The appointments are flexible and they always find time to squeeze you in. I honestly do not have anything negative to say.
I may have answered some of this in the previous question. The appointments for the medicated cycles/IUIs/ultrasounds/day 3 work ups are usually with the clinical team which consists of nurses and physician assistants. They get their direction from one of the four main fertility doctors and will review any possible med changes with your main provider for approval. Everyone at the office is very friendly. The patient portal is the best way to get in touch with any of the doctor's/nurses/IVF coordinators/all other staff. You always get a response no later then the same day, usually mostly minutes after you send the message.
Roughly $1800 per medicated cycle monitoring with IUI- tried 2 times $880 for medicated monitoring cycle with timed intercourse- tried once Progesterone and trigger shot- 3 times for a total of $120-150 each time My health insurance will cover office visits and workup for infertility diagnosis but co-pays is $35 each office visit/ultrasound. I lost track of how many times. Saving up for a mini-stim IVF cycle which is roughly$12,000 or a regular IVF cycle which is roughly $15000 and up.
This clinic only allows one embryo to be transferred at a time which I didn't agree with at first because I thought you have better chances with transferring two and I know many fertility doctors that will transfer more then one but it makes sense why they only allow one. It wouldn't change my opinion about the office or keep me from going there.

2012 - 2019
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I do natural cycles, and I have done a cocktail of extra meds w my cycle in hopes of a good outcome ... He [Dr. Feinberg] might not give you a warm fuzzy feeling the first time you meet him but he cares so so much and will always have your back ... I am a hard case because I feel like he’s tried everything to figure it out but there’s nothing that he could find as to why I keep Miscarrying my babies. So I feel sad that it’s not working even though sometimes it has but it’s not anything that he has done wrong.
I highly recommend them [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] to my friends or really people I just meet and it comes up that they are having infertility issues. ... I love the staff they are like my second family since I have been there for so long and I feel like everyone including the drs are pulling for me. The staff has even cried w me given me countless Hugs and are always excited to see my little ones
2012 - 2019
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He might not give you a warm fuzzy feeling the first time you meet him but he cares so so much and will always have your back
I loved that they took a picture at my first Appointment that way instead of just looking at a medical record number you’re always looking at a person in the front of my chart instead of just a number and I’ve never once felt other than part of their family
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dori purse )
Everyone was amazing I can’t say it enough. I love the staff they are like my second family since I have been there for so long and I feel like everyone including the drs are pulling for me. The staff has even cried w me given me countless Hugs and are always excited to see my little ones
I honestly love this group. I would make no changes. I highly recommend them to my friends or really people I just meet and it comes up that they are having infertility issues. If I had to nit pick I would say my only complaint would be the floors in the exam rooms could be a little cleaner and that’s just Bc my kids always drop stuff on the floor like there toys etc. and they always have hair on them, but I mean it’s an office for mainly women so it’s to be excpected.
I have always done single but for my last one I’m going to do multiple
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ronald Feinberg at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

It turns out that I have stage 3 endometriosis and had a 3.5 inch cyst on my ovary. Dr. Neithardt performed a laparoscopic surgery to help these issues. I was fully informed before, during, and after the surgery. Due to the severity of my endo, we all would have liked to move straight to IVF ... We would have loved if she was the one doing our IUI. ... Dr. Neithardt genuinely cares for me and my wife.
Strengths: there are two offices (Newark & Wilmington), Wilmington [Repro Assoc of DE] has hours starting as early as 6:30 AM, my doctor was very thorough in explaining any procedures, the financial team broke everything down for me in the beginning, they use an online portal to communicate and most responses were very quick. Weaknesses: Some nurses are a little cold, the doctor does not perform the IUI procedure.
How was your experience with Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Before seeking out help to get pregnant, I had never visited a gyno. I had major anxiety, but Dr. Neithardt put me at ease. I was thoroughly evaluated before going through any pregnancy planning. This was great because my wife and I were still on the fence about starting the journey to build a family, but knew that we needed more information before we could make a decision. It turns out that I have stage 3 endometriosis and had a 3.5 inch cyst on my ovary. Dr. Neithardt performed a laparoscopic surgery to help these issues. I was fully informed before, during, and after the surgery. Due to the severity of my endo, we all would have liked to move straight to IVF but we have to follow insurance guidelines. She was candid with my chances of conceiving doing IUI, but very hopeful and emphatic to our situation. The only downfall is that we don't get to see her during each appointment. We would have loved if she was the one doing our IUI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
You are in good hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr. Neithardt genuinely cares for me and my wife. She is concerned about the factors that apply to us. She is knowledgeable, compassionate, and emphatic during the entire process.
Describe the protocols Adrienne Neithardt used in your cycles at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
IUI #1: low dose of letrozole, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories. Negative pregnancy test.
Some of them a great and compassionate and try to have a conversation, to others they just try to get you in and out.
Strengths: there are two offices (Newark & Wilmington), Wilmington has hours starting as early as 6:30 AM, my doctor was very thorough in explaining any procedures, the financial team broke everything down for me in the beginning, they use an online portal to communicate and most responses were very quick. Weaknesses: Some nurses are a little cold, the doctor does not perform the IUI procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
BCBS of Delaware Lab co-pay: $10 Ultrasound co-pay: $30 IUI: $48 Laparoscopic surgery co-pay: $50 Letrozole: $0 Trigger shot: $70ish Progesterone suppositories: $50ish
Describe Adrienne Neithardt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I believe RAD only does single embryo transfers.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Adrienne Neithardt at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

2013 - 2019
Dr Neithardt is always a welcoming and a positive doctor. She would explain the issues with transparency. She took time to explain the various steps of IVF and genetic testing. She is compassionate towards her patients. I received an email from her about my miscarriage. ... Even during surgeries, she stops by before as well as after the surgery to explain things in detail. She is a warm and a caring person.
Best thing about RAD is the appointments are on time, never any delay. Test results are reported the same days which means you get your results on the same day. This is useful especially when you are waiting to know whether you are pregnant or not. ... Nursing staff at RAD are great. They are prompt without any delays, compassionate in what they do. Lovely people
2013 - 2019
Dr Neithardt is always a welcoming and a positive doctor. She would explain the issues with transparency. She took time to explain the various steps of IVF and genetic testing. She is compassionate towards her patients. I received an email from her about my miscarriage. Usually doctors do not find the time to send emails to their patients but Dr Neithardt took time and thinks about her patients. Without the support of Dr Neithardt, I would not have my beautiful daughter and I am thankful to the doctor. Even during surgeries, she stops by before as well as after the surgery to explain things in detail. She is a warm and a caring person.
The only advice I can give is to trust her. She is the best doctor who has a very good knowledge and experience. She will make sure you get pregnant and have a baby.
She made me feel more like a human. She took the time to make me understand the various steps involved in IVF and Genetic testing even though she could have ordered it to be explained by her staff. After my miscarriage, she hugged me and felt sorry.
My previous stimulation was a regular stimulation and she adjusted the dosage through out the stimulate which provided very good results. My current stmulation which is going on right now, she is using minimal medicines. I am taking 300 units of Gonal F, 100mg of Clomid, Doxycycline 100mg. This time I am very much comfortable with the amount of medication and hopefully the results.
I was always lucky to have my insurance cover IVF expenses. So we always ended up paying the deductibles which is around $3250 each for 2018 and 2019
Doctor always advices to get a single embryo transferred. I think this is very important as it reduces the risk of multiple births.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Bachman always spoke to us openly and honestly... I felt that I could be frank and blunt with her, as is my nature. When she saw disappointment or fear in us, she always guided us toward the positive but kept expectation realistic.... I underwent Mini Stem. She gave me a low does of injections and kept me under close watch.... She is very good at answering or restating something that doesn't make sense to you. Sometime i was a bit overwhelmed and couldn't think of any questions at them time. I would later realize i was full of question and Dr Bachman was always willing to meet with us again to go over the information once more.
Sometime the click [RAD-Newark] assumes you know something when you don't. for example no one told me they were ordering my medication and one day i got a call from a pharmacy asking me for $3,000. I was so confused and had to call RAD. once they explained what was going on i felt better, but i would have liked to been kept in the loop a little more.... They were always very kind and answered any questions i had. If they saw i was nervous they would talk to me and calm me by joking with me or distracting me. They took an interest in my husband and i by asking us questions about our hobbies and always remember them when we came back.
Dr. Bachman was a great doctor and did a great job of making me feel safe. she came in to see me before the procedure and talked to me about what to expect. she always made sure my husband and i were comfortable and kept in the loop.
Be sure to ask your questions. She is very good at answering or restating something that doesn't make sense to you. Sometime i was a bit overwhelmed and couldn't think of any questions at them time. I would later realize i was full of question and Dr Bachman was always willing to meet with us again to go over the information once more.
Dr. Bachman always spoke to us openly and honestly. She never checked the clock while working whit us and spent as much time with us as we needed until we felt completely comfortable and confident in our next steps. when she saw us, it was always like she was welcoming a member of her family into her office. I felt that I could be frank and blunt with her, as is my nature. When she saw disappointment or fear in us, she always guided us toward the positive but kept expectation realistic.
Sometime the click assumes you know something when you don't. for example no one told me they were ordering my medication and one day i got a call from a pharmacy asking me for $3,000. I was so confused and had to call RAD. once they explained what was going on i felt better, but i would have liked to been kept in the loop a little more.
$13,700 plus an additional $6,800 in medicine and additional fees

2016 - 2019
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] is very friendly and cares about her patients and their feelings. She suggests you to take care of your diet and recommends doing whole 30. She even shares her own receipe of an every day morning juice with you that can help your immunization system.... She is insisting on the fact that I have an endometriosis but I do not buy this because I don’t have severe pain or something. We talked about it and I have never been convinced by her explanations.
The only issue [at RAD-Newark] is that sometimes you need to wait even an hour in the office to see her even though you have an appointment and no one cares about it. Moreover, the coordinator of Dr. McGuirk forgets to send my prescriptions and to set up appointments for me to do my blood works and this happened to me a couple of times. That makes me worried to miss something and I need to take notes to make sure I can follow up every thing by myself.
2016 - 2019
She is very helpful and answers every single questions that you have. She is very professional and knows what she is doing. She explains every thing in an understandable manner and supports you if you feel down or worried. She never forces you to do something and always respects your personal choice as long as it does not risk your health. However, I sometines felt that she is suspicious on fertility issues in everyone because of her field of experties. She is insisting on the fact that I have an endometriosis but I do not buy this because I don’t have severe pain or something. We talked about it and I have never been convinced by her explanations.
Ask as much questions as you need to be clear about what’s going on, she won’t do it automatically. Be careful with the coordinator, she forgets lots of things.
She is very friendly and cares about her patients and their feelings. She suggests you to take care of your diet and recommends doing whole 30. She even shares her own receipe of an every day morning juice with you that can help your immunization system. The only issue is that sometimes you need to wait even an hour in the office to see her even though you have an appointment and no one cares about it. Moreover, the coordinator of Dr. McGuirk forgets to send my prescriptions and to set up appointments for me to do my blood works and this happened to me a couple of times. That makes me worried to miss something and I need to take notes to make sure I can follow up every thing by myself.
She is kind but she forgets almost 70% of what she needs to do and then I have to call her (and she never replies) and leave her messages (either online or by phone) and wait for her to reply and take action. This is inconveninet, beleive me.
It is clean and beautiful. With a good atmosphere and tea and coffee that is suitable for the long waiting times you will spend to see the Dr. The staff, however, are friendly, respectful, and helpful.
I had to pay a lot for some diagnostic procedures like HSG (~$300) even though I have never tried to get pregnant and I am not sure how neccesary was doing something like HSG for me. I pay a 20$ copay for each visit and overall I think I paid over $2k since 2016 for everything.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Once I was warmly welcomed by Dr. Neithardt the nervousness instantly disappeared. She was kind, gentle and sympathetic.... Dr. Neithardt is so sweet, soft, gentle, and very aware of your feelings. All my experiences with her have been wonderful from day one through all my continued service with her now. I could not have made a better choice in picking a doctor that cares from the heart.... Dr. Neithardt will have you leaving with a huge smile letting you know it is hope. She is very genuine.
Clinic [RAD-Newark] is very professional, staff (some) is very nice, and welcoming.They make you feel like part of the family. Hardly ever much of a wait time to be seen, they are very prompt and attentive to your needs.... I was initially assigned to one coordinator, she was very short, and expressed no real interest in helping me...always pushing me off to someone else with questions. After sometime I became connected with my current coordinator, and I must say, she is hard to reach by phone, but she does respond to emails, and voicemails when she can. She got what I needed done to move forward with IVF. Others just didn't show as much interest.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
If you go in and you feel there is no hope for you to have a family. Dr. Neithardt will have you leaving with a huge smile letting you know it is hope. She is very genuine.
During my first appointment I did not know exactly what to expect. Once I was warmly welcomed by Dr. Neithardt the nervousness instantly disappeared. She was kind, gentle and sympathetic. I visited a clinic once before and left very unhappy, and sad, felt like a failure etc....That never happened with Dr. Neithardt is human, she understands, she listens and is there to help you. She has a very high patience level..she explains all treatment, services etc...all in full detail, so it does not leave you wondering if pregnancy is even possible for you, she makes you feel as if you have a strong chance. Visiting RAD is the best choice my spouse and I have made.
Working toward my first cycle now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller)
Clinic is very professional, staff (some) is very nice, and welcoming.They make you feel like part of the family. Hardly ever much of a wait time to be seen, they are very prompt and attentive to your needs.
So far my out of pocket we have paid around $1,000.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Bachman tries to ensure that every step of your process is as easy as she can make it. She tries to prepare you as best she can for the next steps. She stops to check how you and your partner are feeling. And she occasionally asks how things went when she wasn’t there to make sure everything is as good for you and your partner as it can be.... My Dr. will not do multiple embryo transfer because she feels if there is more than 1 embryo in the uterus, the embryos then compete for what they need reducing the chances of having a healthy baby
The clinic [RAD-Newark] really tries to accommodate as much as possible. They have multiple ways of reaching you to remind you of an appointment. They have a portal that makes it easy to get in touch with anyone in the practice who you need to speak with. And the billing department tries to work with your insurance as much as they can to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.... They are all as compassionate and concerned as Dr. Bachman is with both my progress through the process as well as my contentment with my experience.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
It might take a while to get your first appointment, but be patient. Once you get passed that first appointment, everything runs much smoother.
Dr. Bachman is very conscious of how you feel. She understands the frustration of not being able to conceive, the pain you may be going through due to your medical history, and she tries to make you as comfortable as possible throughout your treatments.
I didn’t ask specifically why I am on the protocol I am on, but I do know that based on my estrogen levels, Dr. Bachman recommended that my husband and I do a frozen transfer instead of a fresh transfer to minimize the risk of my getting sick after the embryo is implanted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
The clinic really tries to accommodate as much as possible. They have multiple ways of reaching you to remind you of an appointment. They have a portal that makes it easy to get in touch with anyone in the practice who you need to speak with. And the billing department tries to work with your insurance as much as they can to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
The lab work was expensive, but other costs that I thought would be expensive, he bulking team worked with my insurance to bring down the cost.

7 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Feinberg is extremely knowledgeable in his field. His discussions made it clear he stays on the cutting edge of research to help as many people as possible achieve their dream of becoming a parent.... The first round was on a low dose of stims and no follicles were triggered. Second round was even lower dose which works for some but didnt work for us. Third round much higher dose and for the remaining 4 we were at the top of the limit for the volume of drugs we were taking. Ultimately it was successful however our last round we did not get any eggs at retreival. We believe the one good embryo we got was around the middle of our 7 cycles
All of the staff involved in our treatments [at RAD-Newark] were incredible! Such compassion and caring was shown in each and every appointment. They became like family and we missed them when treatment was over and we were pregnant with our little girl! ... Fantastic staff and doctors. Very knowledgeable. Create such a caring environment. Weakness is that i through self search found a way to buy the medications much cheaper yet they did not guide me to that.
7 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Feinberg is extremely knowledgeable in his field. His discussions made it clear he stays on the cutting edge of research to help as many people as possible achieve their dream of becoming a parent. Even if he knew he or his clinic couldnt help, he would recommend someone who could. Dr Feinberg was compassionate yet very factual and erred on the side of caution. While we hung in there for 7 rounds to make our daughter lily, he spoke of the facts which were it was unlikely at my age (45) we would achieve this with our own egg. We did, but his facts were truthful. He was very gentle in always letting us know the statistics and alternative approaches yet still supported us when we kept going. When there was a small issue during one round of biopsys, Dr Feinberg called us himself to explain and heavily supported us to make sure we had a positive outcome. Dr Feinbergs teams treatment identified I had cervical cancer before our first embryo transfer, and that ultimately could have saved my life. Their quick action on what they saw led to diagnosis and treatment within a matter of months.
To know he will give all knowledge based on facts that could be overwhelming at times but he is very gentle and happy to go over it as many times as necessary to explain all options. Whilst his view may not be what you want it to be, it will be realistic and based on prior outcomes. He wont mislead nor hold punches.
Dr Feinberg showed care and compassion for our journey. He was very to the point about our chances yet gave the information in a caring manner. He asked about our daughter once she was born and when we had appointment with him and she was in the room, he picked her up and held her and took time with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Sorry cannot remember the name!)
All of the staff involved in our treatments were incredible! Such compassion and caring was shown in each and every appointment. They became like family and we missed them when treatment was over and we were pregnant with our little girl! We took her back to meet them once we had her.
Fantastic staff and doctors. Very knowledgeable. Create such a caring environment. Weakness is that i through self search found a way to buy the medications much cheaper yet they did not guide me to that. Also i have a friend who went there and her 2nd retreival didnt go well and she never heard back from them and herself never contacted them again as she was in tears on the fact she couldnt move forward with that approach. It would have been nice if they made contact again just to check on her and remind her there were other options she could explore if she wanted to.
Approx $22,000 for two IVF cycles to retrieve and use own eggs. Approx $22,000 for egg donor (8 eggs) plus PGS
They only offer single embryo transfers. They explained why however i think it might be nice if they offered multiple transfers to patients if they understood the risks.

2015 - 2019
She [Dr. McGuirk] is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!...She was open and honest with me about my endometriosis, possibility of getting pregnant due to my age, she answered my mom’s questions, and prayed with me before my surgeries and after my miscarriage.
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant...Mari is a great coordinator! She answers all my crazy questions, works hard to get me appointments that fit around teaching, and she was a patient at RAD. She knows exactly what you’re going through! There are so many great PA’s and nurses at RAD! Even on my worst day they stopped everything to make sure I was going to be okay. Love them!
2015 - 2019
She is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!
Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way.
My 1st time with Dr. McGuirk, I had surgery to remove my endometriosis and polyps. I did a round of clomid and was pregnant with timed intercourse. I waited a while after my daughter was born and went back to Dr. McGuirk to try again. Again, we did surgery to remove any endometriosis and polyps that I had. I did 2 rounds of clomid and timed intercourse to see if we could get pregnant on our own. Unfortunately, we weren’t as lucky as before. We moved on to IUI and had some success. My first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My second IUI resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, at my 11 week appointment there was no heartbeat and a growth was found on the baby. After the biopsy following the D&E , it was found to be a mutation of the Down syndrome gene. Once my body levels out again after a few months, we’ll meet with a genetics counselor before doing any further procedures. This will give us more information about the possibility of a healthy pregnancy.
They are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant.
As a state employee, most of my procedures were covered or mostly covered under my insurance. My IVF on the other hand will not be. Hoping they pass a bill to allow state employees better coverage before we move on to IVF.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr.McGuirk doesnt just start giving medicine she fully evaluates you. She wants to make sure you and your partner are both taking care of yourselves not just for you but for the future your child. ... she sent me to have tons of tests which I am so very thankful for because we found out I had polyps and set up surgery to have them removed which was also done by Dr.McGuirk. She has helped me to start losing weight for the sake of a healthier baby and life.
Expect to be treated like family! It is the only appointments I actually like going to. You will not meet a person [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] who is anything but friendly. ... Mari Esquilin is AMAZING! She is caring and so fun she makes you feel at home when you are there and when emailing through the portal she is quick to get back with you and always answers any question I have even if it sounds crazy!
Dr.McGuirk doesnt just start giving medicine she fully evaluates you. She wants to make sure you and your partner are both taking care of yourselves not just for you but for the future your child. I started out not knowing alot about fertility only that I have been unsuccessful and getting pregnant. I had seen a fertility doctor once prior to going to Reproductive associates of Delaware and I never went back I left that appointment crying and immediately got ahold of Reproductive associates of Delaware and set up an appointment there. My first visit with Dr. McGuirk was very informative she wasn't just going to give me medicine and start trying to see if that would work,she sent me to have tons of tests which I am so very thankful for because we found out I had polyps and set up surgery to have them removed which was also done by Dr.McGuirk. She has helped me to start losing weight for the sake of a healthier baby and life. She has been blunt about what needs to happen and she is very kind about it but doesn't sugar coat things which is what I wanted. Every visit we get closer to treatment, she takes her time with me she doesn't rush you out she listens and answers questions to the fullest she wants nothing left unexplained!
Be ready for honesty! she is blunt but in a good way so very kind
Dr.McGuirk treats you like a human she is kind and compassionate and really wants to help you. It is not just a job for her she really wants to see you succeed.
Mari Esquilin is AMAZING! She is caring and so fun she makes you feel at home when you are there and when emailing through the portal she is quick to get back with you and always answers any question I have even if it sounds crazy! She makes this whole process so much easier but making your appointments setting up tests sending prescriptions literally the only thing you need to do Is show she does everything! She wants you to leave everything to her She insists.
There are no weaknesses! Expect to be treated like family! It is the only appointments I actually like going to. You will not meet a person who is anything but friendly. My first visit I was nervous considering I had went to a fertility doctor once prior and it was terrible they made me feel that it was hopeless. My first visit however at RAD was seriously what I needed. From the moment you walk in you feel like family.
With my insurance the costs are very affordable

2016 - 2019
When diagnosed with stage 3 endo - she [Dr. Bachman] presented me facts in a simple straightforward manner that you can’t help but appreciate. ... I qualified for a “mini” atom cycle since my AMH level was so high. I was maintained on pretty low dose follistim and had a lupron trigger. ... We ended up needing IVf and had a second trimester loss. ... In regards to recommending her to my best friend... I already have... twice.
I just wish they [RAD] were more upfront about timelines. I need realistic expectations. For example I was told that after my retrieval that my FET would be 4-6 weeks later. And it ended up being a full 8 weeks later. Which is totally fine - but for someone who has been trying to conceive for a year and a half - setting realistic goals is important ... We did a single embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test
2016 - 2019
Dr. Bachman has been amazing since the moment I met her. She instantly made me feel calm - when all I was feeling before I first met her was frustration and disappointment. She helped reassure me that we would get to the bottom of my fertility issues. When diagnosed with stage 3 endo - she presented me facts in a simple straightforward manner that you can’t help but appreciate. We ended up needing IVf and had a second trimester loss. Dr. Bachman personally called me the day we found out we lost the baby to send her condolences and to help support us. I could go on for days about how truly empathetic and supporting Dr. Bachman has been to me in this journey In regards to recommending her to my best friend... I already have... twice. Two of my girlfriends were having fertility issues and are now also seeing dr. Bachman, and they love her as much as I do !
That if you want to get to the bottom of your fertility issues - Dr. Bachman is it !
She is so warm and inviting. Instantly made me feel at ease. She remembers everything about you and makes its feel like she’s an old friend
I qualified for a “mini” atom cycle since my AMH level was so high. I was maintained on pretty low dose follistim and had a lupron trigger. We ended up being able to retrieve 28 eggs, 22 were mature and 20 were fertilized. I had considered being involved in a trial study - but the starting dose was double the dose of medication I remained on the entire time for my stims. I’m very thankful Dr. Bachman and I were able to talk about potential risks of doing the study and that we settled on the mini stim
The clinic overall is great. I just wish they were more upfront about timelines. I need realistic expectations. For example I was told that after my retrieval that my FET would be 4-6 weeks later. And it ended up being a full 8 weeks later. Which is totally fine - but for someone who has been trying to conceive for a year and a half - setting realistic goals is important
We did a single embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test
+ Read more- Read less

Once I was able to get my BMI in the correct range we started care immediately. Our first step [with Dr Adrienne Neithardt] was to wait for my first cycle to start and then came the many rounds of blood work and pelvic ultrasounds. While this was happening, we met with the genetics counselor to go over our donor pick to make sure he would be a viable donor for us. We were also set up with a speciality pharmacy for the ovidrel that we would need. Once the egg was the proper size, we were giving a tight window to administer the ovidrel at home.
I cannot highly enough for the entire staff at RAD. They were extremely non judgmental regarding our LGBT status. They worked with us on appointment times that could work within our busy schedules. Everyone in the office knew our names and would greet us while we were in the office. They were well organized and always on top of all of our case needs. I could expect to hear back from them within an hour or so of asking any question.
While we only saw her at a few visits, she was overwhelmingly cheerful and positive. She was extremely knowledgeable and was able to answer any and all questions we had. We always left the office confident that my care was in the right hands. She gave us the confidence that our treatment would work and that we would be building our family.
Don't expect to see her at every appointment, but rest assured that she has a good eye on your treatment plan at all times.
Every single person in the office knew our names, the activities outside of the doctors office, and would frequently see the team at community events.
Once I was able to get my BMI in the correct range we started care immediately. Our first step was to wait for my first cycle to start and then came the many rounds of blood work and pelvic ultrasounds. While this was happening, we met with the genetics counselor to go over our donor pick to make sure he would be a viable donor for us. We were also set up with a speciality pharmacy for the ovidrel that we would need. Once the egg was the proper size, we were giving a tight window to administer the ovidrel at home. After that we were set up with our insemination day. Everyone in the office wished us luck. The two week wait seemed like forever, and unfortunately the first try didn't take for us. Dr. Neithardt reassured us that it is totally normal and gave us the specific stats on how likely we were to get pregnant the first time and how that statistically rises the second time around as we "dial in the numbers" so to say. We repeated the process the next month and were lucky to recieve the phone call that we were pregnant after the next two week wait.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Demarius)
My only complaint about the office would be that, knowing my husband was the fertility issue, I still needed to go through a rigorous screening process before we could start the process of getting pregnant. I do realize that this is most likely fertility policy in general and not just their office. Their strengths far outweigh their weaknesses. I have never had a doctor whith such fast and efficient communication. I have never had a doctor greet me or my partner with such kindness and compassion. I have never had a doctor remember and ask about what I did over the weekend and seem genuinely interested in my response. I have never had a doctor that I would see in the community so frequently.
It was expensive and while it was partially covered by insurance. While I dont remember the exact cost, I do remember that they were comparable to other locations. We also sat down with a financial staff member before starting to go over any and all associate costs.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Neithardt made sure to be clear in her communication with me and my partner, and to take the time to explain in a way that made sense to us. She also had a way of making us feel at ease through the different stages of the process. The only criticism I have is that I didn't get to work with her directly in the later stages. This was all communicated and completed by clinic staff and nurses.
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE-Wilmington] was friendly, informative, sensitive and great at the procedures they were completing. The only thing I would mention is the large number of staff working at any given time. it's hard to build some relationships when you see so many different staff members throughout the process.... The entire staff was helpful, friendly and handled my situation with care. I never felt uncomfortable or like the procedures being completed weren't necessary/for a purpose.
Ask any and all questions because she is always happy to answer and wants to ensure you have a good understanding of your individual situation.
Dr. Neithardt took the time to explain the science of the process, but in a way that related to me and my situation. Additionally, she made both my partner and I feel at ease as we went through each stage.
This was over a year and a half ago at this point, but she did a variety of different tests to gauge the status of my eggs and cycle monitoring, as well as overall health of my body and liklihood of risks. She was able to determine that I did NOT need any medications to assist in my cycle or follicle growth, and was able to do the IUI unmedicated.
This clinic was friendly, informative, sensitive and great at the procedures they were completing. The only thing I would mention is the large number of staff working at any given time. it's hard to build some relationships when you see so many different staff members throughout the process.
I personally spent approx. $5,000. This included co-pays, procedures, sperm donation, blood work, genetic testing and additional visits. That said, my insurance covered thousands more.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Bachman] was very compassionate, when we found out that my husband couldn't have children. She explained every process in detail and it was a pleasure to have her as a doctor. ... she was very positive even after we got results we didn't want. She gave us time to process everything. There was a time you could see that she felt bad to give us bad news but handled it very professionally and compassionately.
I believe the clinic [RAD] is a great clinic. I would so recommend them to anyone that needs help like we did. They communicate effectively and in a timely manner. They greet you and explain what they are going to do and what they are looking for. I was very happy with the service. ... The nursing team was great, they explained every test completely and how it was going to feel. They were really sweet and caring! I felt like a human being and was treated really nice.
She was very compassionate, when we found out that my husband couldn't have children. She explained every process in detail and it was a pleasure to have her as a doctor. Even though we aren't done the process, I feel like she really cares about her patients and takes time out of her day to spend quality time with you and all of your concerns. she was very positive even after we got results we didn't want. She gave us time to process everything. There was a time you could see that she felt bad to give us bad news but handled it very professionally and compassionately.
She is a great and compassionate doctor and I would recommend her to anyone. my husband isn't fond of doctors but he loved her and how much she cared.
she explained thoroughly the process and showed compassion.
I only went through the process of making sure there wasn't anything wrong with me (the wife) and my husband went through the Male fertility factor. We haven't starting a treatment process yet.
I believe the clinic is a great clinic. I would so recommend them to anyone that needs help like we did. They communicate effectively and in a timely manner. They greet you and explain what they are going to do and what they are looking for. I was very happy with the service.
there was a few co insurance Bill's for the different procedures but that is all.
+ Read more- Read less

Over the course of 4 IUIs, my treatment plan [with Dr. Adrienne Neithardt] remained relatively the same. I don't remember exactly, but took Femara leading up to the IUI, and an ovulating-stimulating drug. We had much success each time, with 1 to 2 mature follicles. The timing was perfect, but just not successful in the end. We decided to pursue IVF with our own frozen embryos (after doing PGS). I honestly forget the protocol but again, I responded extremely, with 18 eggs being retrieved, 16 of which were mature, 8 of which were able to be frozen between days 5 and 6. Her professionalism during the embryo transfer was beyond my expectations, and again, it was an extremely positive experience.
The nursing staff [at RAD-Newark] was amazing! Every single one of them were professional, extremely knowledgeable, positive, and fun.... You could go in when it was most convenient for you [for monitoring], or you could choose to go in during the monitoring hours. It was busy on certain days (most likely egg retrieval days), but they ALWAYS told you in advance. Regardless, a few times I brought a book, and would be called back before I could really get lost in the book anyway. It was very convenient; I never had trouble getting an appointment or being seen during monitoring hours.
From the moment we entered Reproductive Associates of Delaware, Doctor Neithardt was warm and welcoming. She was hands-on throughout, even drawing diagrams to explain the process to a non-medical person such as myself. She encouraged us to be comfortable with all of our decisions, with zero pressure to do or not do a procedure. There were times that I almost wanted a decision made for me, but in the end her approach was very empowering. Every question was answered clearly, and I was very comfortable just being myself with her in every situation. When in a situation such as this, I feel it is very important to be honest with patients (whether good or bad), but to also be positive and encouraging, which she was to the fullest. These feelings of being positive and encouraged go a LONG way when you're in the midst of a such a difficult time!
I would tell them that even though you're in a difficult situation, to keep an open-mind, to listen, and be ready to feel empowered!
Doctor Neithardt is one of my favorite people on this planet. She set realistic expectations, and was extremely honest with myself and my husband, all while maintaining positive and engaging interactions. Even though we were at first categorized as "unexplained", she went over the benefits of a laparoscopy, without being pushy. She allowed us to make our own decisions, without feeling pressured or confused. She's amazing!
Over the course of 4 IUIs, my treatment plan remained relatively the same. I don't remember exactly, but took Femara leading up to the IUI, and an ovulating-stimulating drug. We had much success each time, with 1 to 2 mature follicles. The timing was perfect, but just not successful in the end. We decided to pursue IVF with our own frozen embryos (after doing PGS). I honestly forget the protocol but again, I responded extremely, with 18 eggs being retrieved, 16 of which were mature, 8 of which were able to be frozen between days 5 and 6. Her professionalism during the embryo transfer was beyond my expectations, and again, it was an extremely positive experience. I would like to think that even if this first round hadn't been successful, that I'd still feel that she did everything she could, and I'd still have a positive outlook.
The nursing staff was amazing! Every single one of them were professional, extremely knowledgeable, positive, and fun. I'm 18 weeks now, so am no longer under their care, but I actually miss them!
I cannot think of a weakness. From the front desk, to the lab, to the nurses, and everything and everyone in between, I had nothing but positive experiences. You get to know these people, and they all end up knowing you by name!
You could go in when it was most convenient for you, or you could choose to go in during the monitoring hours. It was busy on certain days (most likely egg retrieval days), but they ALWAYS told you in advance. Regardless, a few times I brought a book, and would be called back before I could really get lost in the book anyway. It was very convenient; I never had trouble getting an appointment or being seen during monitoring hours.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Kovelaskey was a very caring and well mannered doctor. He never made me feel hopeless or unworthy. This also was a downfall because I was very hopeful that my cycle would be successful and it failed. The one time I felt more like a number was when he moved out of state in the middle of my cycle, which I understood the reasoning however it was difficult having your doctor changed in the middle of an IVF cycle.... I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
The nursing staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.... there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr. Kovalevsky was very caring and explained my infertility very well. Everytime I seen Dr. Kovalevsky I left the office on a positive note and a lot of hope. Unforuntantly, he left in the middle of my cycle to relocate to another state to be with family. I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
I would advice them that if they did not understand or were not clear on something that is said to them to ask for him to explain it differently. Understanding infertility is hard and I had to ask him to repeat and explain things over many times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
Once it was thought that I had endometriosis I was scheduled for surgery to check to see if there was endometriosis, and to remove some cyst that were found during ultrasound. The surgery went very well, and they made me very comfortable (this was my first time ever having surgery). After surgery I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 endometriosis. At that time Dr. Kovalevsky informed us that our best option would be to do IVF. We started an IVF treatment with a medication protocol including various different bills and injections. I was monitored by ultrasound about every other day. It was determined that we would do a fresh transfer. About half way through the monitoring hr left the practice.
The nursing staff were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.
When I first came to the clinic I was very hopeful. However, there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing. Whenever I had a question I never knew who I was supposed to contact. My doctor gave me 2 options of 2 different medication protocols. This information was not received by the care coordinator for an unknown reason. When I attempted to explain the protocol I wanted there was a lot of confusion, and I gave up and took the protocol that they had in mind. This is frustrating because the cycle failed, and when I start a new cycle they will be using the other protocol that was offered. They believe I will respond better to this other medication protocol. After my failed cycle I also felt alone. I do not feel as if I was fully explained my next options and the reason my cycle failed. I finally requested an appointment and was explained my next steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I had insurance coverage when I started my IVF cycle. The insurance did not cover everything, and I maxed out my benefits. I had to take out a loan for 8,000 to cover the medication cost, as well as additional cost for IVF.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Dr. Kovalevsky would only do single embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Every PA, Nurse Practitioner, Care Coordinator, and Nurse [at RAD] I have interacted with has been kind and competent. My patient care coordinator responds to all of my questions in a timely manner and thoroughly.... Strengths- kind and caring people that treat you like family and always make you comfortable. Weaknesses- they have an on-site lab which is great, but sometimes the wait is lengthy because there is only one person drawing blood.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I was nervous at first because I had previously been with a former doctor in this practice, but Dr. Neithardt greeted me with a warm smile and immediately put me at ease. She explained what she thought was the best treatment for me and what tests I would need to have re-done since it had been 4 years. When I had to have some fibroids removed she did my surgery and was thorough in explaining what she did and why she believed it necessary. She is compassionate and competent. I honestly have no complaints, she is positive that we will conceive again, and her positivity is contagious.
If you want someone with a warm bedside manner she is the person to see.
Dr. Neithardt was warm and kind. She knew that I had previously gone through fertility treatments, and that my first child died after being born prematurely. She was sensitive to my loss, and on the two visits when I had to bring my living daughter she was patient and kind. She is so positive about my chances of getting pregnant that even our failed cycle felt like another step in success. Fingers crossed!
I am clomid resistant, so we de used to use Letrizol again (it worked to conceive my daughter.) We started at the same dose used to conceive my daughter, but with my recent weight loss I responded too well for IUI (6 follicles) so we cancelled that cycle. My most recent cycle with the lowest dose of Letrizol produced 2 follicles, we did two sessions of IUI after a trigger shot. Unfortunately we were not successful. I am starting the next round of baseline appointments and Letrizol (same low dose) in two days. Here’s hoping!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Damaris Rivera)
Every PA, Nurse Practitioner, Care Coordinator, and Nurse I have interacted with has been kind and competent. My patient care coordinator responds to all of my questions in a timely manner and thoroughly.
I have insurance that covers most fertility treatments, so I have a $20 copay per visit and an additional cost for each lab. So far I am probably in $480 in copays and lab payments since April.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I had only positive things to say about this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE-Wilimington] after my first experience with them (IVF stimulation & retrieval and one FET). They worked well as a team, tried to accommodate my needs as much as possible, were always friendly, etc. By the time I was working with them again 1.5 - 2 years later, there had been some changes in their internal structure and processes which unfortunately caused a few problems for me as a patient.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Neithardt was the best thing about working with this clinic. It's rare that I've found a doctor so respectful and happy to work with her patient (participatory medicine) as her, even when I consider non-fertility related areas of medicine. It is very important to me to fully understand my treatment plans and how each piece works. I also want my own ideas to be fully considered and either incorporated into the plan, or to have someone explain why that idea does not apply. Furthermore, I have run into some complications which cannot be fully explained by any of the testing performed, and Dr. Neithardt had the experience as well as the common-sense approach to work with me on how to approach these things - most doctors, in my experience, will not do this if they cannot see conclusive objective proof (such as a lab test result).
Ask every question you can think of and keep asking until you get an answer that makes sense to you. Take advantage of working with a doctor who will make sure you understand and are on the same page.
Dr. Neithardt always clearly remembered all relevant details of my history and treatment plan whenever we met. Additionally, she took every concern or question I had seriously and treated me as a partner in my care, not a subject under her rule.
I have done one retrieval cycle with Dr. Neithardt. This was a light stim, because I had some indicators that I would be a good responder (age and ovarian reserve were in my favor). On this protocol I only did about half the dosages, injections once a day instead of twice, etc. We wanted to avoid having a large number of "extra" embryos so this approach worked for us. In the end we still had a high number - 21 mature eggs, 19 fertilized, 15 made it to day 5/6 blastocyst. Having had a trisomy miscarriage in the past, we chose to freeze all embryos and do PGS testing. Due to cost, we could only afford to test 8 embryos at the time but had the remaining 7 biopsied for later testing if needed. Of the 8, 2 came back non-viable which is typical. I needed a hysteroscopy before transferring, so about 2 months after retrieval I was able to do my first FET. We used a Lupron protocol. I did have to push back the transfer by one week because my lining was not thick enough at the first check, but we added a half pill of estrogen vaginally (in addition to the oral doses) and it was ok a week later. That transfer resulted in my daughter. I went for weekly ultrasounds through week 10 or 11 at the clinic then fully transitioned to my OB. About a year and half after having my daughter we were ready to try again. We worked with Dr. Neithardt, repeating a saline sonogram and mock transfer. We agreed to follow the same protocol that worked the first time, the only change was adding the vaginal estrogen earlier since we knew I needed it before. I became pregnant but the numbers / trends were all over the place and I ultimately miscarried. We had a D&E done to test the fetal remains and unfortunately could not find a clear cause. The fetus was genetically normal and no physical causes could be found. This is where I really appreciated Dr. Neithardt - I have a complicated medical history including several autoimmune diseases. We retested for additional diseases that would be known to cause this type of problem, and the results were negative. However, Dr. Neithardt and I trusted our gut instincts that this is somehow related and discussed how we might change the protocol. We theorize that my body is rejecting the pregnancy and cutting off bloodflow, causing it to terminate. It took a few months for my body to be ready for another try but we eventually began another cycle. This time we added prednisone to further suppress my immune system. I again became pregnant and the numbers all appeared robust. Unfortunately, at my 6 week ultrasound we discovered the gestational sac had continued growing but the fetus had not. I had another D&E but this time I could not emotionally handle doing more testing on the fetal remains. Dr. Neithardt agreed with my husband and I that there wasn't likely any information to gain from testing any remains, if any could even be identified, which gave us a modicum of peace on the issue. She still feels that this may be an autoimmune response (as do I) and suggests another cycle include both the prednisone as well as Lovenox, a blood thinner to try to prevent clotting to the fetus. However, at that point I was relocated for work to another state and we have not yet decided if we or when we will pursue more transfers.
Most of the nursing staff at this practice is very nice to work with. There are always the exceptions - a new nurse who told me to go to the bathroom before my appointment then found out I needed to provide a urine sample before we could perform my test that day which caused a delay, for example. My most frequent frustration was when a nurse would answer a question based on the typical protocol even when I knew there was an unusual factor in my case and I wanted to escalate the question to my doctor. I eventually was given instructions for how to handle those questions to my satisfaction. The staff was interested in my comfort, tried to answer my questions fully to the best of their knowledge, and tried to be as comforting as they could when we discovered my losses. That experience in particular stuck with me because my first loss had been when I was seeing a different provider and they had been very distant and clinical when I was completely disoriented and heartbroken.
I had only positive things to say about this clinic after my first experience with them (IVF stimulation & retrieval and one FET). They worked well as a team, tried to accommodate my needs as much as possible, were always friendly, etc. By the time I was working with them again 1.5 - 2 years later, there had been some changes in their internal structure and processes which unfortunately caused a few problems for me as a patient. They were still friendly and usually accommodating, but their internal communications had broken down at times. This caused me some frustrations trying to reconcile the plan my doctor and I had laid out with the actual steps being performed as well as some issues after my losses regarding medication decisions (due to other medical issues, I wasn't doing well with the "normal" protocol and needed my doctor to give personalized instructions). It was not a terrible experience, but when it happened twice in the span of a few months even after I discussed my concerns with everyone involved, I began to question how well I could work with them if we decide to try again in the future.
I was lucky to have excellent insurance so my only costs were for genetic screening, medications, freezing and thawing costs, and $10 visit copays. I paid about $450 plus copays for a frozen transfer cycle. I no longer have this insurance, and when I inquired about the out of pocket costs I was told that their fee is $4,500 for one FET cycle (not including retrieval which I had done previously).
I was only willing to transfer one embryo at a time anyway, as were my other care providers, so this was not an issue for me.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
My care coordinator [at Reproductive Associates of DE] Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.... The costs under Dr Bachmans office were more reasonable than other offices in my area.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
I came to see Emelia Bachman after another doctor within the practice left. Dr Bachman is honest, caring and thorough. I value her opinion and truly believe she wants our family to have more children. When I first met Dr Bachman I was suppose to have surgery with the previous doctor, but due to him leaving I rescheduled with Dr Bachman. She discussed risks, benefits and possible outcomes of my diagnostic laparoscopy (previously I had a fimbrioplasty with another fertility specialist and wanted to see if my tube condition was still good). I feel grateful to have met Dr Bachman and I feel that when I finally get pregnant it will be because of her loving, caring and thorough approach.
The best advice is to write down any questions you have before your visit. The reasoning is because it’s very emotional experiencing infertility and sometimes we patients get lost in our emotions and forget to ask pertinent questions.
Dr Bachman made me feel like I have known her forever. I genuinely feel that she wants to see me and my husband have another child. Her role is not without empathy, compassion and caring. She is trying to change the lives of her clients for the better. She loves her job and it’s obvious.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari)
My care coordinator Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.
I have been to 2 fertility specialist in Delaware and of the 2 offices, Dr Bachmans office makes me feel like a person and not a number. The Reproductive Associates of Delaware genuinely care about you and your family goals.

2010 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Neithardt was amazing. She took time to explain all procedures, including pictures, and answer any questions. She always came to the waiting room to greet us and was as honest as she could be knowing all that she did. With all of the appointments that we had, she could not be present for all of them, but the staff was sure to mention any discussions they had with the doctor in the meantime. It made me feel like she really cared and wanted to do right by us, whether she could see us face to face or not.
The clinic [RAD] is large with many nurses, techs, doctors, and patients. I would tell people to not let that intimidate them. It’s large because they are the BEST! There is always someone there to take care of your needs. Smiles and friendly faces are around every corner. The practice does what is best for you; whatever will keep you and your fertility safe and sound. They can be conservative but in a good way. Whatever decisions are made, are done as a team and you know they have your best interests at heart.
2010 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
One piece of advice I would give would be to be upfront and honest with her about everything. Medical history, mental and emotional state, hopes and fears, they are all important. Dr. Neithardt wants to know these things in order to best care for people.
I felt like a human. DR. Neithardt always used my first name when addressing me. She was always friendly and reassuring while still maintaining a realistic outlook. She remembered me, or at least took the time to review my chart, after not seeing her for about 6.5 years. There was no judgment or condescension. She was professional and respectful of my wishes to expand our family. I would highly recommend her to anyone I know.
Dr. Neithardt was concerned about hyper stimulation during IVF. She used a mini stimulation protocol that started with clomid. It worked for us because we did not stimulate too much and were able to do a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Rhonda wright)
They staff always talked to me as if we were old friends. They were upfront and honest and relied on medical information and team decisions to guide my treatment. My coordinator was fantastic and timely with all responses and scheduling. Being able to leave any member of the staff a message over their portal not only gave me reassurance but also confidence in the knowledge of the staff. They always responded in a timely manner with as much information as possible.
The clinic is large with many nurses, techs, doctors, and patients. I would tell people to not let that intimidate them. It’s large because they are the BEST! There is always someone there to take care of your needs. Smiles and friendly faces are around every corner. The practice does what is best for you; whatever will keep you and your fertility safe and sound. They can be conservative but in a good way. Whatever decisions are made, are done as a team and you know they have your best interests at heart.
Honestly, we were concerned with cost about everything but it was manageable and comparable to other clinics. They were always good about trying to make connections and coverage happen with insurance or any possible discounts.
I understand why doctors perform single transfers rather than multiple. Our practice only did single transfers unless you completed multiple failed Trabsfer attempts. I appreciate the concern for me all while trying to help me get pregnant in the safest way possible.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. K {Kovalevsky] preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!... Dr. K always listened to my concerns and would adjust treatment accordingly. He also was amazing about getting back to me. He would often do phone conferences during the same day to ensure all my questions were answered.
The clinic [RAD] did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time.... Mari Esquillin was absolutely amazing! I cannot speak more highly of her. She was so quick to answer request and guenuinely cared for each patient. As for other IVF coordinators, some lacked good bed side manner. It seemed like they gave you a the standard message they give everyone. They were great about getting back to you it you had questions.
Do not be afraid of discussing all of your options as Dr. K will weigh all the pros and cons regarding them.
I felt like Dr. K treated me like a human however the clinic did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time. At that point I felt more like a number and did not feel the individual care.
Dr. K preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillin )
They are great communicators! They will often get back to you immediately. At times though they can be not that sensitive to your situation. For example, I waS was told my pregnancy test was negative over a voicemail and the nurse yawned during the middle of the voicemail. As much as I am sure this is their norm it was devistating to me. So staff fall into the “this is our norm”, but other staff go above and beyond for your needs!
Insurance covered a large percentage, but about $5000 out of pocket.
Although Dr. K did not prefer to use multiple embryo transfer after two failed cycles with unknown causes he allowed us to engage in multiple embryo transfer. He made his concerns known respectfully but did not deny us of our request.
+ Read more- Read less

Having come from another clinic, I can say that RAD is ten times better. The online portal is an amazingly easy way to keep in touch, ask those questions you think don’t quite warrant a call, and keep track of both your paperwork and your appointments. There are lots of faces, so my advice would be to prepare yourself to get adjusted to that. However, I have yet to come across a staff member I didn’t like.
I met with Dr. Neithardt on my first visit and met with her for quite awhile. We discussed my needs, concerns, and questions. Dr. Neithardt explained each of my options at length and never seemed as though she was in a rush. Following each unsuccessful IUI, we discussed options moving forward. I found her to be professional and kind during each visit. She truly seemed to care about finding the right treatment plan for me, and it seemed genuine. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Neithardt.
Bring a notepad and take notes. She gives you a lot of information to digest, which is good!
Dr. Neithardt took the time to meet with me, go over my test results, and explain my options in detail. I truly felt as if she was determined to help me make the best treatment decisions in light of my needs and financial considerations. She has been extremely kind and professional throughout my treatment.
We began with a medicated iui cycle with donor sperm, as it seemed to be the most economical with no known fertility issues. When that was not successful, we tried two inseminations in one cycle, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately, that did not work. Now, we are debating between ivf and iui. As always, cost is a major factor. Dr. Neithardt truly understands that and has been supportive throughout.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Damaris (care coordinator) )
I have found all staff at RAD to be a pleasure to work with. All have been professional and friendly. There are so many of them, but they seem eager to help their patients succeed and seem to share in their pain when they do not.
Self-pay iui cycle $1760 plus medication (including trigger and suppositories) and cost of donor sperm. Some copays/coinsurance related to some of the diagnostic procedures, which were covered by insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Our coordinator [at RAD- Newark] is very helpful in answering questions and providing us answers to questions she does not have the answers to. She responds in a few hours and always in the same day. She explained the cost of IVF and offered ways for us to save money on the drugs... Our clinic is clean, modern, and very welcoming. The front desk staff are happy to see us and are attentive. The entire office works well together and we always feel that they are operating at a high level during our appts. We are not rushed through and after procedures they take time to mak sure we are ok. I cannot think of any weaknesses
Dr. Neidhart took time to thoroughly explain our procedure and answered all of our questions. She even listened and allowed us to try things that we researched on our own. We felt like we were apart of the process and not just another source of income for the clinic
Make sure to ask the Dr. to further explain anything that you need more information on. Question why she is choosing certain treatments so you are more comfortable with the process
Dr. Neidhart is wonderful! She too ample time to sit with us during scheduled appts as well as unscheduled ones when we just had questions. She is caring, honest, and has a positive outlook on our fertility journey. She never made us feel like we could not have a baby
I had a hysteroscopy to remove a cyst in my ovary. I also have a fibroid pushing on my bladder and Dr. Neidhart did not wish to remove it now because it wasn't a priority for my fertility. I had a sonogram to check my tubes, my uterus, and to see how fertile I am to increase my chances of having a baby. My partner was given HCG treatments to increase his testosteron and sperm count because we did not want to use donor sperm. We also discussed waiting 3-6 months for his sperm count to increase so that we had a greater chance of havin a biological child. We did dna testing as well which eased our minds about our own bodies and possible genetic diseases that could be passed on to our child. The RAD clinic went over my drug protocol with us and said that it was an agressive approach due to my age and egg reserve but they felt that it was a good protocol to produce a live birth. I have not currently undergone an IVF cycle as we are waiting for my partner's sperm count to be at a level that Dr. Neidhart feels is acceptable for us to have the most success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna Yarusso)
Our coordinator is very helpful in answering questions and providing us answers to questions she does not have the answers to. She responds in a few hours and always in the same day. She explained the cost of IVF and offered ways for us to save money on the drugs
Genetic testing was $200 each. Office visits are covered under insurance so the copay is $45 My surger was $12,000 covered under insurance less my $1,400 deductible Blood test was $1,100
Our doctor believes in only 1 embryo transferred per ivf cycle as this will produce the highest success rates for a live birth. I agree 100%

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Mcguirk is very straight to the point, she will give you the good and bad, but in the end wants to ensure that you get the best treatment that works for you. I have currently been with reproductive associations almost 4 years now, and the past couple months with her has re given me hope that one day I will be able to start a family.
I really do not have enough words to Express how grateful I am to have a coordinator like her [at RAD-Dover]. When I first started my journey I walked in a nervous wreck not knowing where to begin, and she was the first one to greet me and assured me I was in the right place. She makes you feel like she is your number 1 supporter, she will find a way to add light to a situation that to some can be gray. I appreciate everything she has done for me.
PCOS, Unexplained
Be open and honest. And be prepared to start the whole 30 diet
She made me feel like I was her only patient, and showed how she genuinely wanted to help me
I was given letrozole, which allowed my follicles to grow, but not mature, so in the same cycle she gave me clomid, which helped them grow a little bigger, but not to the size she would like them to be.
I really do not have enough words to Express how grateful I am to have a coordinator like her. When I first started my journey I walked in a nervous wreck not knowing where to begin, and she was the first one to greet me and assured me I was in the right place. She makes you feel like she is your number 1 supporter, she will find a way to add light to a situation that to some can be gray. I appreciate everything she has done for me.
The only weakness I have noticed is that not all patient coordinators have the attitude to help. It's leaning towards this is just a job. Which is ok. However when you pay so much money just to find out that you were not successful, the least you would hope for a a little compassion from the person telling you the news. For new patients definitely have patience,
Iui treatment =1700 Copay=36 Meds 100-150 All self pay
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. McGuirk is not like any other doctor I have been to before. She takes time to listen to your concerns and questions. She is very straightforward with everything and doesn't "beat around the bush" as some would say. She is a very positive person, which I feel is a great quality in a doctor. She is the one who diagnosed me with endometriosis, after years of seeing other doctors. She really listened to what I had to say and had a plan in place the first appointment for my treatment. She doesn't rush you or make you feel like she is in a hurry to get to the next patient. Dr. McGuirk is very personable and compassionate.
Reproductive Associates of Delaware is very organized and helpful. They do their best to work around your schedule and accommodate. They do all that they can to help you reach your fertility goals. Emailing through the portal is the easiest way to communicate. You usually have an answer back that day....Each team member at RAD treats you like you are family. They all treat you with the utmost respect. They all care about you, your treatment and concerns. They do their best to get you answers to your questions in a timely manner.
Be ready to take notes and ask questions. She is very knowledgeable and tells you everything. It may be overwhelming at first, but she will take the time to explain anything you don't understand.
Dr. McGuirk takes the time to understand her patients and their needs. You never feel rushed or that your concerns aren't being heard. She answers every question you have and explains everything very thoroughly. She genuinely cares about each patient and listens to what you have to say.
Dr. McGuirk oversaw my treatment for my medicated cycles with a prescribing physician due to living three hours away from the clinic. For three months I used 50mg of Clomid. For the first two months of Clomid, I ovulated. The last cycle I did not. For the fourth month I used a low dose of Letrozole. The cycle using Letrozole I did not ovulate. Our next step is IVF. My husband and I did not want to jump right to IVF due to the cost and having no insurance coverage for it. With having endometriosis, we knew the risks of not doing IVF right away and were also aware that we could eventually need it to build our family. Dr. McGuirk explained everything very thoroughly at our appointment.
We have not come across the cost of IVF yet. That is our next step that we are currently working towards. All other costs, of blood work, routine checkups, ultrasounds and appointments were covered by my insurance.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I had to suggest treatment protocols [to Dr. Kovalevsky]. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it.
I received countless calls [from Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game...It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming...If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I had to suggest treatment protocols. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it. I have never in my 24 years of getting pap smears had to repeat one due to Dr. failure. He never agreed with any of the "controversial" procedures I brought up and had a physical appearance about him as if I was foolish to even suggest it. I'm not sure what has transpired with him since our successful pregnancy back in 2013, but he has since left the practice.
Choose another practice. If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
We were with this clinic on two different occasions. Once with our 4 year old son. The clinic and Dr. K were amazing. We conceived via IUI. We started for a sibling in 2016 and started with IUI's and moved to IVF. The feeling at the clinic was VERY different. It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming.
Nothing was tweaked in any of my cycles. When I questioned why were doing the same thing over and over again (quoting Einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result) He said that we DID try something else, namely the ERA that I suggested. I kept begging them to look into why my progesterone was so low and they did nothing about it. They offered no explanation as to why I kept losing my pregnancies, Dr. K made it seem that I just need to keep doing it, because it would eventually result in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse and Amy Miller)
Dorri was great. She showed compassion and professionalism. Amy Miller was cold and abrupt. The nursing staff has changed so much over the years and NOT in a good way. They have no compassion for their patients. In fact one of my favorite nurses (from our successful pregnancy) at one point apologized with her eyes rolling for taking so long during an appt because the prior patient had SO MANY questions. I found that very unprofessional and hurtful.
The treat you as an number on a conveyor belt. There is no compassion and no love for their jobs. I received countless calls with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game.
There were times I was asked to pay thousands of dollars only to find out later that I did not. The bilk you for everything you have with nothing to show for it. I did have insurance coverage which I was grateful for, however it at times was a complete nightmare
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Bachman did more testing and came across some complications which are being addressed at this time before doing the IUI cycle. ... She is very caring and thorough and goes above and beyond to give the best care. ... Dr. Bachman thoroughly reviewed my medical history and did a more complete evaluation which resulted in being taken off a medication that was prescribed by my previous doctor and was not necessary.
Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff [RAD] is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc. ... My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me. ... The nursing staff was excellent! They were all very knowledgable, professional, and caring. There was a team approach and it definitely felt as though all team members were on board with level of care.
Dr. Bachman was very compassionate and caring. She was a very good communicator and always explained each step of care. She communicated with her staff and it felt as if everyone was easily able to answer questions when needed. I can't think of any weaknesses at this point.
She is very thorough so don't be discouraged if there are bumps in the road, but this hopefully will save time, money, and failed attempts for the future.
Dr. Bachman thoroughly reviewed my medical history and did a more complete evaluation which resulted in being taken off a medication that was prescribed by my previous doctor and was not necessary. She is very caring and thorough and goes above and beyond to give the best care. She also stayed in contact throughout the treatment process.
I will be starting an IUI cycle with Dr. Bachman. At my last doctor I did 3 failed IUI cycles and plan on doing one more and then switching to IVF if unsuccessful. Dr. Bachman did more testing and came across some complications which are being addressed at this time before doing the IUI cycle.
Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc.
My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Bachman is one of the most kind, compassionate doctors I have ever had. ... Started with clomid and IUIs as all fertility tests came back normal. ... While she is not always punctual, it is because she takes her time with all her patients and never rushes you through an appointment. She is always willing to answer questions and has even called me after hours to check in before procedures or after bad news. She is very up-to-date on current research and findings in the field. She is open to all feedback, positive or negative and is always looking to improve.
Monitoring was a cattle call. First come first served. ... During one ivf cycle, all the wrong meds were called in to the pharmacy. During a recent round, it took the doctors and PAs over a week to realize I hadn’t responded to the medicine prescribed. None of the doctors had been reviewing my ultrasounds. ... Great staff [RAD] of PAs and nurses ... Clinic is very conservative in terms of trigger shots & preventing OHSS and only doing single embryo transfers .
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Bachman is one of the most kind, compassionate doctors I have ever had. While she is not always punctual, it is because she takes her time with all her patients and never rushes you through an appointment. She is always willing to answer questions and has even called me after hours to check in before procedures or after bad news. She is very up-to-date on current research and findings in the field. She is open to all feedback, positive or negative and is always looking to improve.
You may be waiting to see her.
Dr. Bachman is very kind. She always takes her time to answer all of your questions and go over procedures.
Started with clomid and IUIs as all fertility tests came back normal. switched to IVF after 4 failed rounds. With each retrieval, we changed the dose of medicine and then the type of medicine used, with the hopes of getting fewer overall eggs , but more mature ones.
The nurses and PAs are amazing. They have become like family. They are the ones in the trenches with you every day. They are the ones who do most of the exams and the daily monitoring. Everyone is compassionate, gentle and positive .
Strengths: Clinic has a team of doctors that meet each week to discuss IVF cases. Great staff of PAs and nurses Embryo quality/grading system and selection for retrieval has never been communicated to me. In my case, I prefer to know less, but many patients may want to know this information. Clinic is very conservative in terms of trigger shots & preventing OHSS and only doing single embryo transfers .
Monitoring was a cattle call. First come first served. This made each cycle very stressful, as I do not have a job I can be late for. When I reached out to my doctor about it, I was able to make appointments, however it was clearly to appease me. I was still only seen in the order of arrival, despite what my “appointment” time was.
Rounds of clomid and IUI were covered by insurance. Insurance has run out for IVF. Costs also associated with a laparoscopy.
This process has never been communicated to me.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Bachman is always warm, friendly, and understanding. ... Goes over every lab value with a fine toothed comb ...tests revealed PCOS and a blocked Fallopian tube. ... revealed stage 1 endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Just started cycle 1 of letrozole ... Strengths: caring, compassionate, intelligent, up to date on most recent research ... She treats my case with thorough, individualized detail. ... She takes the time to draw diagrams, write down explanations, and take time to make sure I fully understand everything I am going through.
scheduled an appointment through my care coordinator but was not on the schedule when I showed up for this visit [RAD]. Had to frequently contact the office for prescription refills and to make sure prescriptions were sent to the pharmacy ... Weaknesses- never on time with appointments. ... I was frequently late for work due to appointments running 30-45 minutes late, even when scheduled at 8:00am. ... Strengths- knowledgeable staff, caring nurses and PAs
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Strengths: caring, compassionate, intelligent, up to date on most recent research, takes as much time as needed at each appointment to make sure that I leave feeling confident in our treatment plan. Goes over every lab value with a fine toothed comb and makes sure to come up with a treatment plan that maximizes fertility and minimizes the emotional and financial burden.
Be patient because the process takes multiple months due to volume of patients and the time to complete all of the necessary testing
Dr. Bachman is always warm, friendly, and understanding. She is sure to be patient and answer every question I have, and always asks if I have any more questions before our appointment is over. She takes the time to draw diagrams, write down explanations, and take time to make sure I fully understand everything I am going through. She treats my case with thorough, individualized detail.
Initial testing - bloodwork, ultrasounds, HSG, sono, sperm analysis. These tests revealed PCOS and a blocked Fallopian tube. Laparoscopic surgery to unblock tube was successful and revealed stage 1 endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Just started cycle 1 of letrozole
The PAs and nursing staff as a whole were absolutely wonderful. I was assigned a patient care coordination who was terrible. She showed no compassion, frequently messed up scheduling, was very hard to get into touch with via phone, and was only accessible through an online portal. I had to contact her to remind her to get things done rather than her coordinating my care the way she was supposed to.
Strengths- knowledgeable staff, caring nurses and PAs Weaknesses- never on time with appointments. As a working woman this adds a lot of stress to an already very stressful and emotional process. I was frequently late for work due to appointments running 30-45 minutes late, even when scheduled at 8:00am.
$4,000 deductible that I had to meet leading to the diagnosis of infertility My insurance does not cover fertility treatments so the following costs so far: Letrozole cycle $880 Medications associated with cycle roughly $500
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Neithardt is patient, honest, compassionate, and knowledgable. She takes the time to explain everything in a way that can be understood. She makes sure her patients are as comfortable as they can be in stressful circumstances.... She recommended IVF at that point, which we agreed was the best course of action. Based on my age and health, we did mini-stim IVF. After the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding appropriately, so we reset while my embryos were frozen (5 day). A couple months later we did the transfer and it was successful.
They [Reproductive Associates of DE] have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.... Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork.
Be open and honest with her, she is willing to listen.
She took the time to answer all questions, no matter how small or silly. She made small talk and really acted like she was invested in our success.
We tried clomid, then letrazole (I think) initially, but my body wasn’t properly responding, so we cancelled the cycle. Because we were self-pay at the time, she explained that we could keep trying with the medications or potentially try IUI, but the likelihood of success was small and we would quickly exhaust our funds. She recommended IVF at that point, which we agreed was the best course of action. Based on my age and health, we did mini-stim IVF. After the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding appropriately, so we reset while my embryos were frozen (5 day). A couple months later we did the transfer and it was successful. I’m currently in a new cycle. I had the transfer one week ago and am waiting on the results.
Sometimes the wait was a bit long, but every person I encountered was friendly, caring, and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.
They have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.
See previous comment on the clinic.
Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork. My new insurance is covering my second round, and I paid an approximately $1,400 copay, not including medication, which came to about $30.00
We weren’t given a choice; RAD only performs single embryo transfers. I would have liked a choice after the risks were explained, although I understand their approach.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Emelia Bachman] listened to everything we had to say and always made sure this was the decision we wanted to go with. We had two failed IUIs so we already knew we wanted to go ivf and we told her that and she completely agreed and supported our decision telling us the best route to take and when to do each thing and always made sure we were comfortable with the decision. I told her there was a chance of endometriosis and she actually listened where others didn’t and took the necessary measures to make sure my embryo had the best chance!!
It [the monitoring at RAD] was well efficient!! They gave you about a 2 hour window to show up and they had you in and out within id say 30-45 mins with blood work and ultra sound done and some mornings there was lots of woman there with me and all the nurses did there parts to make the line go!!... They work with your schedule, I work two jobs and they made my appointments work around my jobs!! Each section is super helpful including the financial side. I had to call them once or twice for my insurance and they helped and made me laugh each time. There isn’t one person there who has a bad attitude
She listened to everything we had to say and always made sure this was the decision we wanted to go with. We had two failed IUIs so we already knew we wanted to go ivf and we told her that and she completely agreed and supported our decision telling us the best route to take and when to do each thing and always made sure we were comfortable with the decision. I told her there was a chance of endometriosis and she actually listened where others didn’t and took the necessary measures to make sure my embryo had the best chance!!
You will love her!!! Fertility problems are the worse for us but walking in the first time and meeting her she is just so pleasant and sweet it makes our problems and little more bareable when you know you have her on your team!!
I Felt like a human because she always smiled when talking to us and when I did my egg retrieval you could tell how heart broken she was that we only got 7. She hates to give bad news but she’s always there for us and gives us hugs everytime we see her !!
I told Bachman about the iuis and the endometriosis chance so she said between my Ibs issues and my irregularity that there was a high chance so she said the best plan would be the egg retrieval first then surgery to check for endometriosis and to remove a cyst and pileup to make sure the embryo had the best chance then the transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna )
Everyone on the staff team is super sweet and helpful if I have any questions which I always do!! They make sure I walk out of the appointment feeling confident and okay with the next stage
They work with your schedule, I work two jobs and they made my appointments work around my jobs!! Each section is super helpful including the financial side. I had to call them once or twice for my insurance and they helped and made me laugh each time. There isn’t one person there who has a bad attitude.
It was well efficient!! They gave you about a 2 hour window to show up and they had you in and out within id say 30-45 mins with blood work and ultra sound done and some mornings there was lots of woman there with me and all the nurses did there parts to make the line go!!
Was about 2450 for the ivf, 3450 for the medicines plus another $1200 down the way for the medicines and 2800 for the biopsy on the embryos!!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
From our first visit, I felt as if she was a member of our family. She was very open and honest about our options. She was extremely thorough and broke everything down step by step. ... I suffered and ectopic pregnancy after failing to get pregant for years. Dr. Neightheart [Neithardt] provided me with a list of required testing. Based off the results of those tests, we were given the option of attempting ivf with either my own eggs or donor eggs.
It [RAD] is operated like a well oiled machine. The love, compassion, understanding and personal touch that every patient receives is truly heart warming. ... My coordinator is wonderful. She is available to answer any questions and has taken the time to email me or call after hours. The entire staff is wonderful. ...When I suffered my loss, my doctor and the nurses cried with us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
From our first visit, I felt as if she was a member of our family. She was very open and honest about our options. She was extremely thorough and broke everything down step by step. I am so very thankful that I found her.
Bring a notebook to your appointment. You will leave with a lot of information and it’s best to have everything written down so you can review it all without forgetting everything you’ve heard.
The entire RAD staff is loving and compassionate. When I suffered my loss, my doctor and the nurses cried with us. My doctor was very optimist about moving forward with a solid treatment plan and was very gental in allowing us with as much time as we needed to grieve. She has personally reached out to me several times to check up on me and offer support.
I suffered and ectopic pregnancy after failing to get pregant for years. Dr. Neightheart provided me with a list of required testing. Based off the results of those tests, we were given the option of attempting ivf with either my own eggs or donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Damaris )
My coordinator is wonderful. She is available to answer any questions and has taken the time to email me or call after hours. The entire staff is wonderful. They have even stayed during their lunch break to provide me with prenatal vitamins.
I am please to say that I do not think my clinic has any weaknesses. It is operated like a well oiled machine. The love, compassion, understanding and personal touch that every patient receives is truly heart warming.
14,000. For one round of ivf. Not including medications. With insurance all fertility testing was roughly 800.00.
I would like the ability to do multiple embryos per transfer given my age.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr N [Neithardt] is everything I think a Doctor should be. She is warm and caring, while being honest about situation. My wife is a very detail oriented person, and Dr N has shown immense patience in walking us through all the steps. She performed my wife's endometriosis surgery and made sure to make her as comfortable as possible. We've had setbacks; a chemical pregnancy, as well as dismissal from a clinical trial that would've saved us nearly 20k in IVF treatments. Dr N has walked us along, and with the team at RAD, we feel very confident in our chances.
RAD is the only clinic my wife and I have gone to. We saw one of their other doctors, and that wasn't a good fit. We got a call from one of their coordinators asking if we would come meet with Dr N, and there was no reason to go anywhere else.... We were participating in the Sarah Study (clinical trial for a progesterone ring) and our link to that study works for RAD. When our participation was in jeopardy, we had asked for updates and received none over a 5 day period.
She is warm, caring, and easy to talk to. She gives all information, she doesn't feed you any nonsense, but she gives you what you need. With all the setbacks we've dealt with, Dr N has really helped set and manage expectations, as well as guide us down the path that makes sense for US, not everyone. The treatment we've received from her, both medically and person to person, has been phenomenal.
Be prepared to take in the information. She's extremely knowledgeable and passionate about helping people.
Dr N is everything I think a Doctor should be. She is warm and caring, while being honest about situation. My wife is a very detail oriented person, and Dr N has shown immense patience in walking us through all the steps. She performed my wife's endometriosis surgery and made sure to make her as comfortable as possible. We've had setbacks; a chemical pregnancy, as well as dismissal from a clinical trial that would've saved us nearly 20k in IVF treatments. Dr N has walked us along, and with the team at RAD, we feel very confident in our chances.
This is something better left to my wife, in all honesty. I know she did endometriosis surgery to help get my wife back to baseline (she was stage 4).
Compassionate doesn't even scratch the surface of the tram at RAD. Nurses, coordinators, literally everyone. You can simply tell they want this for you as much as you do. If we hit a setback or roadblock, they are there with encouragement and support. I cannot say enough positive things about them.
RAD is the only clinic my wife and I have gone to. We saw one of their other doctors, and that wasn't a good fit. We got a call from one of their coordinators asking if we would come meet with Dr N, and there was no reason to go anywhere else. They have a proven track record, and an ability to adjust treatment plans and protocol per patient. Ask questions. Take notes. If you feel your Dr isn't a great fit, ask to consult with another. Do research and come prepared. RAD will back you, lead you, and go to bat for you if need be.
Approximately $20,500 will be our cost, all said and done.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Neithardt was compassionate and provided amazing care. I loved that she was able to excise my endometriosis AND be my IVF doctor. I had no doubts in either get medical competency or her compassion for my condition. She personally handled setbacks and always makes time for me. I cannot recommend her more.... My treatments we're completely catered to my personal needs. She personally handled important matters and followed up with me directly.
RADs success rates are very high, and you can see why due too their collaborative treatment team of doctors and compassionate staff. The first Doctor I saw was Dr. McGuirk, and she lacked bedside manner, compassion, and did not listen to my concerns or change her treatment plan to my needs.... I also had a significant issue where I was not communicated with to an acceptable level with the clinical trial coordinator, Mark Moldeski.
No need for another opinion elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquin, Dorri Purse )
Mari was my angel in human form when it comes to my infinity journey. She called me daily, and always made me confident the RAD team was in my side. Dorri was informative and patient when planning my ivf treatments.
RADs success rates are very high, and you can see why due too their collaborative treatment team of doctors and compassionate staff. The first Doctor I saw was Dr. McGuirk, and she lacked bedside manner, compassion, and did not listen to my concerns or change her treatment plan to my needs. Luckily the office staff reached out with compassion and I found Dr. Neithardt. I also had a significant issue where I was not communicated with to an acceptable level with the clinical trial coordinator, Mark Moldeski. His responses were always less informative and timley than the other RAD staff. It became unavailable when I recieved almost no communication from him when I was under review to be rejected from a clinical trial I was already accepted for. This situation was crucial and I was left uniformed by my primary contact.
RAD only condones SET

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
We [with Dr. Emelia Bachman] tried three rounds of Clomid with ovidrel. I do not ovulate on my own and clomid is the most frequently used drug to help mature eggs for ovulation. Each cycle I produced 1-2 mature eggs for ovulation. After three cycles we did not have luck and decided to try a different drug called letrezole. Clomid sometimes can kill sperm causing difficulty with conceiveing so letrezole is another option. My first cycle of letrezole I did mature and egg for ovulation. After this cycle I met my insurance quota of non invasive techniques so the next cycle we tried with one iui. I still took letrezole and this cycle I matured two eggs for ovulation.
I did have one cycle where they [Reproductive Associates of DE] mixed my bloodwork up with another patient. They called to report I was pregnant when that in fact was not the truth. They did rectify the situation by meeting with me and providing some financial assistance with treatment. I was assured the situation was handled and would never happen again.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She’s kind, patient, knowledgeable and caring. She knows what she is doing and is so empathetic with how her patients are feeling. I felt comfortable to cry, scream, be silent, you name it and she was there to be just what you needed her to be.
She is a hugger and super compassionate.
She always asks personal questions to remind you that she cares about your life. She never rushes you through appointments. She’s very soft spoken and leaves ample amount of time for you to vent or ask questions.
We tried three rounds of Clomid with ovidrel. I do not ovulate on my own and clomid is the most frequently used drug to help mature eggs for ovulation. Each cycle I produced 1-2 mature eggs for ovulation. After three cycles we did not have luck and decided to try a different drug called letrezole. Clomid sometimes can kill sperm causing difficulty with conceiveing so letrezole is another option. My first cycle of letrezole I did mature and egg for ovulation. After this cycle I met my insurance quota of non invasive techniques so the next cycle we tried with one iui. I still took letrezole and this cycle I matured two eggs for ovulation. The result was one healthy pregnancy. My daughter is now 2.
I did have one cycle where they mixed my bloodwork up with another patient. They called to report I was pregnant when that in fact was not the truth. They did rectify the situation by meeting with me and providing some financial assistance with treatment. I was assured the situation was handled and would never happen again.
+ Read more- Read less

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
[Dr. Bachman will] review reports you send and take the time to research an issue that you identify on blogs or in the news. She'll call us on the evening, weekend or while on vacation to share news. You can tell she wants all her patients to have success. When I miscarried, she made a point of coming down to confirm by ultrasound and came in on her day off to do my D&C when I said I only wanted her. She's provided free meds to help me get through a cycle when she knew I was paying out-of-pocket.
There have been times [at RADfertility] when I'd been waiting for test results and called to see if they've come in only to have to wait days to hear the result because someone failed to call me...Monitoring was generally easy and convenient. On the weekends, an on-call doctor and clinician perform them, which is nice...There are some clinicians who are better than others. You can request to have certain ones. I don't like their web portal communication system. It's frequently down and can be a challenge to submit questions or read emails because they don't load properly. The billing department is awful and a source of much stress. This is one area that could be greatly approved. There's frequent miscommunication and over charges.
She provides information in a way that you understand. She'll review reports you send and take the time to research an issue that you identify on blogs or in the news. She'll call us on the evening, weekend or while on vacation to share news. You can tell she wants all her patients to have success. When I miscarried, she made a point of coming down to confirm by ultrasound and came in on her day off to do my D&C when I said I only wanted her. She's provided free meds to help me get through a cycle when she knew I was paying out-of-pocket. She's cried with me and held my hand through the bad times and celebrated the good with us. Although we haven't had success yet, I completely trust her judgment and expertise. I know she'll do whatever it takes to give us a chance for a family.
Let her in and listen with an open heart. She's not just a doctor, she's a confidant and eventually will be a friend. She's exactly the kind of person you'll need on this challenging journey.
She calls me or texts me when she knows I'm anxious about a treatment protocol or have a question. She listens and takes her time explaining the course of treatment she recommends. She hugs me every time she sees me and seems genuinely excited to be in my presence. She reviews all of my test results even on her day off or vacation. She's just the best.
After my first loss, we added Lovenox, prednisone and baby aspirin. When that didn't work, she scheduled another sono. Sure enough, a polyp appeared in my uterus between retrieval and transfer. I had a second hysterscopy to have it removed. When our second transfer ended in a mc, she advised us to have an ERA. It came back pre-receptive. We added another day, but the embryo failed to implant. She recommended a lap/hyst to check for endo. I had minor adhesions, which she removed and my uterus was clear. It turns out a stump appendix might be to blame for some of our fertility issues. We're preparing to transfer again and she's done everything she can, including repeat blood work, to ensure conditions are optimal.
Many are really kind and caring. They'll go the extra mile to help and ensure your questions are answered.
I've spent $30K of a lifetime cap and about $55K out-of-pocket.
My husband support eSET and she does, too. However, at one point we considered transferring two untested embryos and she thoroughly explained the potential risks involved. We ultimately chose to test the embryos.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kovalesky made my husband and I feel like we mattered. He was very blunt in his teachings, yet, recognized the how difficult of a diagnosis this was to receive.... He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility [Reproductive Associates of Delaware]. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time.... There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kovalesky was extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this, especially after so much heartache throughout the other unsuccessful treatments.
Appreciate his honesty. He tells it like it is without being abrupt and insensitive. He has a strong sense of compassion all while being honest along the way.
When it came time for our IVF consult, he hit the nail on the head when predicting the number of (mature) eggs I'd most likely have, the number of embryos we'd most likely have, and gave a us good percentage of the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy. All his numbers were incredibly accurate, and we are now 17 weeks pregnant with our first child. I couldn't be more appreciative of his concern and care throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna Reynolds)
There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process, along with working with my busy work schedule while making appointments.
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time. They all showed amazing compassion and care throughout the treatments.
IVF with genetic testing: $16,500 (roughly) *not including medications which were about $3500-$5500

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions.... These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
My experience with Dr Kovalevsky was beyond phenomenal! After 10 years of having the same undiagnosed problems I was referred to RAD. It only took him a few visits and test to figure out what the problem was! I was treated and on to the process of becoming a mother. I appreciate him so much for giving me the answers that I longed for! He was so compassionate, caring, and yet straightforward! He is what I’ve needed for so long and I am so proud to call him my fertility doctor! He’s the best hands down and I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
One piece of advise I would give is to have all your questions written down so you won’t forget anything, but don’t worry because he will answer each and every one them!
I felt like a human each and every time we visited the clinic because they care and it shows from the moment you walk in the door.
He performed a much needed surgery that helped my menstrual cycle get back on track! Afterwards I was placed on birth control to help regulate things. My fertility treatment plan was delayed and will pick up in a few months. But we have still remained in contact and kept everything on track.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller and Mari E.)
These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner. If it’s something they don’t know off hand they do everything they can to find out for you. I absolutely enjoy all of them at every visit!
This clinic is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions. They are a wonderful group of people and look forward to every appointment.
I was obligated to pay my copays. I also had to pay for some testing until I reached my deductible. I paid for storage fees as well.
I asked this question and the answer I received was right on point. I understood the reasoning for eSET, and to me it just made since. I want nothing more than a healthy, successful pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

My experience as a patient of Dr. McGuirk thus far is beyond measure. She has always kept our best interest at heart. When we had a miscarriage in 2016, we changed our plan and removed my uterine septum first, now we are our on first round of letrozole with injection. Dr. McGuirk has always been very up front and explained the process in detail to us, answered all our questions and is genuinely concerned about me and our future children's well being. A outstanding doctor and expert.
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility [Reproductive Associates of DE] I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.... The nursing department is excellent. They answers questions very quickly and have always been friendly to me and my husband
Be prepared for the honest truth.
I have enjoyed working with Dr. McGuirk and her staff through my infertility journey thus far. Dr. McGuirk removed a uterine septum in 2017 and before I had even woke up from the anesthesia she went out to the waiting room and sat with my mother and husband and explained every thing that was done during the procedure. Such a relief to my family.
When we first met with Dr. McGuirk, the plan was go undergo some tests to find out if my tubes were open, etc. When my husband and I got pregnant unexpectedly, we changed to the plan to remove my uterine septum and start trying to conceive shortly thereafter. After trying for 7 months and no luck we have now moved to ovulation meds and are working on the first cycle of that.
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility. I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.
The costs are based on your insurance coverage. Infertility treatment isn't cheap.
2014 - 2018
Dr. Kovalevsky is a smart and brilliant doctor just his bedside are lacking. He wouldn't give you hope on the procedure itself, sometimes I left the office asking my husband "so wait what does he want to do"... My first round of retrieval, he used the minimum low dosage of medication, when before it was to end I was called by another doctor to tell me the medicine wasn't doing its job and I looked like a 40 year old woman and not a 28 year old. Round two of medicine worked better and cost more but I wish he would have sat down and ask us what we wanted to do.. 2 Rounds of medicine was hard on both of us.
The PA's in that office [Reproductive Associates of DE] are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
2014 - 2018
I would have a meeting with all the doctors in the office
As Dr. Kovalevsky is a very good doctor in what he does, very intelligent, his bedside manners are lacking and just makes you feel like just another patient and not a person going through something you never imaged as a little girl.
The nurses are wonderful, they are very heartwarming with is really nice when to go through this process.
The PA's in that office are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
I never had to be monitored for anything. So far everything has come back it has not worked.
Our whole process at this time is about $20,000 that includes medications
I only had one transfer that was not successful and I wish we had more embryos to fall back on.
2014 - 2017
Dr. Kovalevsky is truly knowledgeable and greatly experienced. He was always clear about what to expect and what may happen as well as numbers regarding possibilities related to certain complications, success rate and such. We felt very comfortable after talking with him about our concerns, plans and more. ... Dr. Kovalevsky always explained everything we asked very well and respected our thoughts and concerns.
Strengths: great team [RAD] and reliable doctors. Embryologists seem to be very skilled which is extremely important! Weaknesses: some of the staffs and nurses are not friendly. Overall, great fertility clinic and we do trust them very much! ... Most of the nurse practitioners are very good, but I felt unsure when I had unexperienced ones. There are several great NPs. Nurses are very nice and friendly in general. They are easy to communicate by the portal.
2014 - 2017
Dr. Kovalevsky is truly knowledgeable and greatly experienced. He was always clear about what to expect and what may happen as well as numbers regarding possibilities related to certain complications, success rate and such. We felt very comfortable after talking with him about our concerns, plans and more. When we relocated to several states away after the first transfer (with a live birth!) and needed to find a local reliable fertility doctor/clinic for monitoring before and after the second transfer, he was willing to provide a contact information of a doctor he could recommend. He also let us choose to do transfers with him or with the new local doctor. We chose to keep our frozen embryos with his office and fly back to RAD for two more transfers so far and we are now proud to be parents of two beautiful children!
Just ask any kind of questions without hesitation. He will answer to any of them with the most current information!
For frozen embryo transfer, lupron-esterase protocol: start lupron 1 month before transfer (20 unit), stop pill on day 7, decrease lupron to 10 unit and start esterase (dose gradually increased), add vaginal lupron on 10 days before transfer. For the last 5 days before transfer, additional doxycycline, medrol and progesterone (50 mg IM.) Progesterone and esterase to be continued until pregnancy test. Progesterone to be continued if become pregnant until week 13.
Strengths: great team and reliable doctors. Embryologists seem to be very skilled which is extremely important! Weaknesses: some of the staffs and nurses are not friendly. Overall, great fertility clinic and we do trust them very much!
Don't remember well but I believe we spent about $12500 including medications, but we added many additional options such as PGS testing and embryoscope.
At this clinic, they do basically only eSET to increase chance of pregnancy, as well as to decrease chance of complications during pregnancy.