Genetic counseling: Offered
2435 West 450 South
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care Center to a friend?

4 doctors
Dr. Blauer would only transfer 1 embryo for me for my first fresh and first frozen, but said after that he would maybe consider 2...He was present for monitoring, retrieval and transfers...When it failed twice I had no explanations as to why and he neglected to reach out or even try to help me find a different answer or protocol...On the day of transfer he showed us 1 embryo and I said no I wanted two. He said he refused to do two and never told me until THE DAY OF TRANSFER.
I loved that they [Reproductive Care Center] had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
In the beginning Dr. Blauer seemed to care and wanted to help, he also seemed very confident with our chances to start off. During stims and monitoring he never really gave a lot of insight to how we were doing and what he expected. I felt like he just felt BLAH about how we were doing. Out of sight and out of mind as a patient. I was also really upset about the lack of communication. We wanted 2 embryos the second go round and I talked with everyone at the clinic several times to make sure this was in place. On the day of transfer he showed us 1 embryo and I said no I wanted two. He said he refused to do two and never told me until THE DAY OF TRANSFER. I was emotionally distraught to say the least. After our second failure I wanted answers. He never reached out and didn't seem to care at all about changing the protocol or helping me. I had to speak with his nurse about my frustrations and he responded to those concerns with "notes in my chart" for if I called again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Ask as many questions as you can! Ask why he is doing what he is doing, ask what follow up you can expect and try and schedule a plan before every big procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer was not very personable and did not go into depth about many of the procedures. I felt I was going in blind, even after doing a lot of research before hand. He was present for monitoring, retrieval and transfers. I was an out of state patient and it was very difficult for me to feel like I was a priority at the clinic. When it failed twice I had no explanations as to why and he neglected to reach out or even try to help me find a different answer or protocol.
Describe the protocols Keith Blauer used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Blauer is very conservative with medication to avoid OHSS, especially in someone my age. I was on fairly low doses of menopur and gonal f for egg retrieval and began suppositories of progesterone in preparation or my fresh transfer. For my frozen I was on estradiol, baby aspirin, and PIO injections. I responded very well to everything I had plenty of follicles and produced 17 eggs. For my frozen it was postponed a month because I responded too well to the estradiol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Chanise )
I loved Chanise!!! She would always call me back, answer my questions, and address all of my concerns. I truly felt that she cared. During my transfers I was in a lot of pain and she would try and distract me and would make jokes and helped me really relax. SHE IS THE BOMB!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinics nursing staff is awesome I loved pretty much everyone that I worked with. The billing department lady was sometimes rude, especially at the beginning when I was clueless with how everything worked. I loved that they had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.
We had partial insurance coverage, the total bill was about 35,000 with meds for retrieval and fresh cycle. Frozen was about another 5,000
Describe Keith Blauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
My embryo transfer miscommunication was very frustrating. I also had to call them a few times when they were supposed to call me to let me know about medication changes and protocols. One of those calls was about not even having nearly enough medicine to finish my retrieval and having to order more ASAP.
Sandy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Hatasaka really took the time to make sure that mmt husband and I both really understood what our options were and what we could do. He made sure to fully explain everything from our test results to what our next steps are. He then made sure he gave us time to really process all of the information and answered all of questions. ... Dr. Hatasaka has beenamazing at making sure we'r fully understand all the information given to us and has explained why we're doing everything we're doing before so we fully know what to expect. He has really helped both my husband and I feel comfortable with the process and knowledgeable about what we're going through.
I love that everyone [At Reproductive Care Center] there is so nice for the moment you walk in the door until you leave. The ladies checking people in do their best to get to know you and greet you by name, every nurse I worked with was so nice, and even the phlebotomist was so good with me. I am a little nervous about getting my blood drawn and she made sure she kept our conversation little and fun to help ease my nerves.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
To make sure you have your questions with you that you want to ask because he will answer them if you have them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Describe the protocols Harry Hatasaka used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Since I have a low ovarian reserve Dr. Hatasaka but me in the highest dose of gonal-f to see if we could get enough eggs to retrieve. The first go around we only got 2 eggs so we didn't do retrieval and we'r are in the second round of meds now so fingers crossed it will work if not we will try one more round of meds before we explore other options. Other options will be donor eggs or embryos or adoption.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
My nurse made sure my husband and I knew everything we'r needed to know for injecting the medication I was taking. She made sure we'r had everything we needed and kept in contact with me as they hit test results back and next steps.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I love that everyone there is so nice for the moment you walk in the door until you leave. The ladies checking people in do their best to get to know you and greet you by name, every nurse I worked with was so nice, and even the phlebotomist was so good with me. I am a little nervous about getting my blood drawn and she made sure she kept our conversation little and fun to help ease my nerves.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.
My appointments for the first round were mostly covered because of where I was at with my insurance so I paid for the first consultation but every visit after was only $25 for the copay. The medication was not covered however and if it wasn't for having money put into an HSA I won't have been able to pay for it it was about $3,800. This second go around I am covering all appointments plus the medication it is $150 pre visit plus the same cost for medication. If this round doesn't work we well need to put off doing a 3rd round until we can save up some more money.
Describe Harry Hatasaka's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Nothing as of yet since we'r haven't been able to retrieve any eggs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I needed to order my medication to trigger the release of my eggs and that wasn't sent in with the other order the first time but the clinic had done on hand that gave to me and I replaced once I got my order. The second order went in without any complications.
Sandy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Blauer is considerate and kind. He is very informative and gives me all the information. I truly believe he really cares about all of his patients...I feel best about Dr. Blauer and his scientific outlook. I appreciate his honesty and how much time he takes with me and my husband...recommended that I do Hysteroscopy Polypectomy. We did this before my second retrieval. He found chronic endometritis and a polyp that he removed. I went on antibiotics for 2 weeks and just had my se
Oh boy do I love the nurses [at Reproductive Care Center]. Amy, Heather, and Heidi where the main nurses I saw and worked with the most...I purchased a package, 2 fresh cycles. It was about 18,000-20,000...I couldn't be more pleased with the front desk staff...MA's are seriously so great. They are always so helpful and get back to me so fast if i leave a VM. I have see all the Doctors at RCC and I really have liked them all. They have all done a transfer for me and I am very pleased with everyone. Although I do prefer Dr. Blauer. The only thing that I could say needs to be worked on it the manager. Lisa, when I met her I felt like she was a little put off and not the k
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer is amazing and I trust him fully. I have met with multiple doctors at RCC and like Dr. Blauer the most. All the other doctors are great but I feel best about Dr. Blauer and his scientific outlook. I appreciate his honesty and how much time he takes with me and my husband.
I honestly don't have anything advice
I started seeing Dr. Blauer later in my IVF cycles. My first retrieval I ended up with 9 embryos. After my 9th embryo resulted in another Chemical Pregnancy Dr. Blauer recommended that I do Hysteroscopy Polypectomy. We did this before my second retrieval. He found chronic endometritis and a polyp that he removed. I went on antibiotics for 2 weeks and just had my second retrieval. I just had my 2nd fresh transfer and it resulted in another chemical pregnancy. We have a phone visit set for this monday to go over what our next step is when RCC can reopen safely due to the Covid outbreak.
Oh boy do I love the nurses. Amy, Heather, and Heidi where the main nurses I saw and worked with the most. I can't say enough great things about them. I truly am so grateful for all of the staff. This has been one of the hardest trials we have ever gone through and the RCC staff has made it a lot easier to deal with all the failed cycles. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
So many strengths! I love the front desk staff. I am always greeted with a smile and my first name most of the time. I couldn't be more pleased with the front desk staff. The nurses and MA's are seriously so great. They are always so helpful and get back to me so fast if i leave a VM. I have see all the Doctors at RCC and I really have liked them all. They have all done a transfer for me and I am very pleased with everyone. Although I do prefer Dr. Blauer. The only thing that I could say needs to be worked on it the manager. Lisa, when I met her I felt like she was a little put off and not the kindest. But it wasn't that big of a deal. She is probably a very busy women and I caught her on a day that she was super busy haha. I'm sure shes great.
Thats hard because I purchased a package, 2 fresh cycles. It was about 18,000-20,000. But we did that 2 years ago under Dr. G
Nothing that I know of

Unexplained, Other
After a successful cycle resulting in a missed miscarriage, when I had a follow up scan with Dr. Blauer, he just went through all the questions and paperwork like I wasnt sitting on the table balling. Knowing I'd be seeing an empty womb when just weeks before we went to hear our baby's heartbeat. My husband was furious and we dread having to see the doctor instead of our nursing team...he has also cancelled 2 cycles and put me on birth control for a month... which we're obviously more eager to conceive now than before. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, so the fact weve had a successful cycle with IUI, it's hard to say let's move to IVF. But he's already dropped that hint to us as well while cancelling a cycle. It's been a hard year with Dr. Blauer to say the very least Certainly not the bedside manner the doctor we originally started working with at the clinic had. Not impressed. And currently talking with other clinics about future treatments!
We love the nursing staff at RCC. So understanding and will answer any questions I have. They are rooting for us at every appointment...IUI used to cost $850 (billed to insurance cost) but went up to $892 at the beginning of 2020. I believe out of pocket cost for IUI was around $510 before the cost increase this year. Every follicle scan is billed to my insurance at a completely different cost so not even sure where to start on that. Usually just pay my copay then at my next appointment pay the balance on my account that truly cant really even be explained in detail to me
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
After a successful cycle resulting in a missed miscarriage, when I had a follow up scan with Dr. Blauer, he just went through all the questions and paperwork like I wasnt sitting on the table balling. Knowing I'd be seeing an empty womb when just weeks before we went to hear our baby's heartbeat. This was my first actual appointment with him/meeting him. My husband was furious. Since then, he has also cancelled 2 cycles and put me on birth control for a month... which we're obviously more eager to conceive now than before. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, so the fact weve had a successful cycle with IUI, it's hard to say let's move to IVF. But he's already dropped that hint to us as well while cancelling a cycle. It's been a hard year with Dr. Blauer to say the very least Certainly not the bedside manner the doctor we originally started working with at the clinic had. Not impressed. And currently talking with other clinics about future treatments!
Drive to the Sandy office to see the other doctors there
For all my injection cycles, I have done Femara 7.5 days 3-7 and Gonal-f 115 units 7, 9, 11 then trigger. I always have 3 mature follicles over 18mm, then a few right behind. And had a successful cycle with this dosage. In January, I had my first follicle scan with Dr. Blauer and not our nursing team. He counted my 3 follicles over 18mm, then also my 2 or 3 under 15mm... which put me in a position of him cancelling my cycle that month. I am still livid about it because the nurses have never counted those smaller ones nor had I had a cancelled cycle till seeing him. My next cycle they lowered my Femara to 5mg and Gonal-f to 75 units which I had 2 follicles, but have been unsuccessful with the lower dosage.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I have now run into my insurance not covering 2 of my IUI's due to something that was missed in the "preapproval" stage. And they wont backdate the forms submitted after the procedure so we have been paying significantly of pocket on things we shouldnt have been
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
In December my cycle started late so I needed to get my injections ordered before the end of the year and my deductibles started over again. It took me following up 3 or 4 times with different nursing team members to get the doctor to call in to the correct pharmacy. I finally got my injections ordered and billed on the 30th. Nothing like adding some unneeded stress to my cycle, huh?

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. James Heiner] seems as if he has lost his compassion for his patients. When I called in to get our very first consultation I simply asked for the soonest apt. Dr Heiner had the soonest and most availability compared to the other doctors. I did ask the receptionist why, and she simply said he is very blunt and tells it how it is...He is very smart but not good at explaining things in terms that the everyday patient can understand. Ask lots of questions and ask him to “dumb down” some of the stuff he is explaining to you until you fully understand things.
Jane [nurse at Reproductive Care Center] was really great and always was very compassionate and willing to take time to answer our questions on the phone...another nurse...was not great. From forgetting to request a certain blood draw so I had to drive back in to get it done & a few other issues. I’m chalking it up to maybe her being new?...I received a quote from them and the cost of a single fresh IVF cycle was just around $10,500. This DID NOT include the medication, anesthesia, or testing/apts before you start IVF. A frozen transfer (not including meds) was quoted to me at $3,500. Now if you need or want any extra add ons like ICIS or Genetic Testing or “Sticky Glue” you pay more. Sperm Analysis cost $175 and they do this through an outside lab and do not allow you to run it through insurance (ours doesn’t cover anything anyways)
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He seems as if he has lost his compassion for his patients. When I called in to get our very first consultation I simply asked for the soonest apt. Dr Heiner had the soonest and most availability compared to the other doctors. I did ask the receptionist why, and she simply said he is very blunt and tells it how it is. Which I think is great, but to a certain extent. There also needs to be some compassion thrown in there for these couples who are struggling emotionally on their infertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Heiner is very knowledgeable and has been doing for 20+ years. But, because of this, I feel like he has lost how to make any sort of patient Dr connection. He also seemed to want to rush through the apt and missed a few things in my husband’s file. At another apt he answered a personal phone call while we were sitting in his office going over our next steps. They more we saw him the more he grew on me, but I still feel like he’s not super approachable.
Describe the protocols James Heiner used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
We decided to consult with another doctor before we started IVF with Dr Heiner. As of now we are still just using clomid until we make out final doctor decision
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
Jane was really great and always was very compassionate and willing to take time to answer our questions on the phone. He has another nurse (I don’t know her name) that was not great. From forgetting to request a certain blood draw so I had to drive back in to get it done & a few other issues. I’m chalking it up to maybe her being new?
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are the cheapest in Utah and also price match. Front desk ladies are super kind and helpful. Heiner’s billing dept was also very helpful in explaining & breaking down the costs. I will say this clinic is ok, but not great. if I was still there I would have switched to a different doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
He is extremely caring but also extremely proactive, which I need for my diagnosis [my AMH at 1.21 (14%)]. He didn’t sugarcoat the urgency that we needed to get the ball rolling, but acknowledged the pain and sorrow I’m feeling. He explained that unfortunately i was dealt with a bad deck of cards but he is still hopeful. He said “Let’s jump on this horse and run as fast as we can before your eggs are gone”. I needed that.
The first time I called [RRC] to schedule my first consultation, I was extremely nervous and worried, the lady that helped me was so kind and she knew how to make you feel better about making that initial phone call. Every time I’ve called with questions about appointments, payments, medication, etc. they always immediately directed me to the right person. They are very extremely personal and kind.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Honest, proactive, timely, caring, knowledgeable. My experience with Harry Hatasaka has been what I needed. I understand fully what’s going on with my situation and I feel that I am under the best hands.
Be prepared to get the ball rolling
He is extremely caring but also extremely proactive, which I need for my diagnosis. He didn’t sugarcoat the urgency that we needed to get the ball rolling, but acknowledged the pain and sorrow I’m feeling. He explained that unfortunately i was dealt with a bad deck of cards but he is still hopeful. He said “Let’s jump on this horse and run as fast as we can before your eggs are gone”. I needed that.
I was referred to Harry Hatasaka from my OB after Clomid and Femara didn’t work. He does a series of 5 tests (I did 3 with my OB. HSG, semen analysis, blood work). With Hatasaka I did the final 2 tests, a very thorough blood test for my eggs, an ultrasound to see what was going on while I was on my period, and we also did a genetic test. Everything was looking very good until my blood test came back. It came back extremely low. On a scale from 1 to 20 for my quantity, it unfortunately came back as a 4 and my AMH at 1.21 (14%). We are officially starting me on the hormone shots in the next few weeks. And if I only release a certain amount of eggs, I’ll jump right into IVF. As of right now, IVF is looking like the best bet to have my own biological child.
Extremely proactive and determined to get the ball rolling
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The first time I called to schedule my first consultation, I was extremely nervous and worried, the lady that helped me was so kind and she knew how to make you feel better about making that initial phone call. Every time I’ve called with questions about appointments, payments, medication, etc. they always immediately directed me to the right person. They are very extremely personal and kind.
With a few consultations, ultrasounds, bloodwork, I’m around $1000-$1500. My first round of shots is expected to be around $2500. The IVF plan we are going with is around $24,000.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Our experience with Dr. Blauer was great. It was our first time ever seeing a fertility specialist and he made us feel comforted from the very beginning. He took the time to explain all of the different routes we could take with fertility treatments. ... Because I have recurrent pregnancy loss, my doctor and I both felt that transferring one embryo would be the best and safest choice for my embryo and myself.
As you walk in, the staff [at Reproductive Care Center] greets you with a smile and the waiting room in very pleasant to be in. I really appreciate that they ask that you don’t bring children to be mindful and sensitive to those who are there. The clinic is very welcoming and clean. It’s very easy to check in and there’s very little waiting time before they get you back.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Our experience with Dr. Blauer was great. It was our first time ever seeing a fertility specialist and he made us feel comforted from the very beginning. He took the time to explain all of the different routes we could take with fertility treatments. And also made a great effort to remember our names and knew exactly why we were there for every appointment we had. Even when we didn’t have great news, Dr Blauer informed us in a very clear, yet caring way. I would highly recommend him!
Know you’re in good hands and follow Dr Blauer’s advice and most of all, be patient.
During every appointment with Dr Blauer, he was always very informed and prepared in regards to my husband and I which made us feel important and like he cared about our situation. He helped us create a plan as to what was best suitable for our situation keeping in mind everything from our past with TTC. Dr Blauer is so kind and made sure we had the best care.
The nursing staff was amazing to deal with. They were on top of keeping me informed and reminding us with any and all instructions and checking in after my surgeries. They were organized and remembered us by name which made us feel important.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
As you walk in, the staff greets you with a smile and the waiting room in very pleasant to be in. I really appreciate that they ask that you don’t bring children to be mindful and sensitive to those who are there. The clinic is very welcoming and clean. It’s very easy to check in and there’s very little waiting time before they get you back.
Prices varies per treatment but we paid on average $120 for IUI and around $7000 for IVF including medications and monitoring appointments. $100-$450 for Saline Sonogram, Endometritis biopsy, karyotype testing, bloodwork.
Sandy

Dr. Giliand was completely up on our charts recognized it had been a while and that we were ready to move forward to figure out our treatment plan. THAT appointment was the comfort my husband needed and I am so grateful he felt that as it helped us keep moving forward to testing and treatment the last 9 months!...Since we are in the unexplained category, we decided to try 3 months with oral medication to help improve ovulation as we had not been tracking ovulation in the past. This was a good stepping stone and light way to start our infertility journey. The 4th month we did the oral medication and an IUI, which was unsuccessful. Ou
This clinic [Reproductive Care Center] has brought us so much hope, comfort and knowledge in our infertility journey. We wouldn't be in this process without their amazing clinic. We are so grateful to have such a great time helping us reach our goals to grow our family...Our original plan included 3 IUI's before thinking about IVF...For our 3rd IUI cycle, we started injections along with the oral medication...Most of our experiences with the nursing team at both the Clearfield and Sandy offices have been amazing. We had one cycle that a nurse we saw when we went in for an ultrasound gave us terrible feedback and hope to say the least. We ended up cancelling that cycle. Obviously being frustrated after that, our clinic knows we will not see that nurse again. Every other team member has been great. Informative, professional, helpful and gives us the hope we need throughout this journey!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Giliand was very upfront and respectful of our situation. We had just gotten married 3 months to our consultation and actually did not start taking oral medications and tracking ovulation for 13 months after our consultation. When we went back in after those 13 months for our testing (it took that much time to let my husband come to terms with possibly having confirmation he couldn't have babies as he had always been told) it was as if our consultation was the month before. Dr. Giliand was completely up on our charts recognized it had been a while and that we were ready to move forward to figure out our treatment plan. THAT appointment was the comfort my husband needed and I am so grateful he felt that as it helped us keep moving forward to testing and treatment the last 9 months!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Be completely open to all possibilities. Dr. Giliand is reaching for the same goal you are, for you to conceive! Ask questions, as many questions as you have (even uncomfortable ones like my husband asking the best positions to help our chances!)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Giliand was very professional and comforting from the first time we sat down with him. We originally scheduled a consultation based on my husband always being told he would never be able to have children. You can imagine our excitement being put in the "unexplained infertility" category after him thinking that most of his life!
Describe the protocols John Gililland used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Since we are in the unexplained category, we decided to try 3 months with oral medication to help improve ovulation as we had not been tracking ovulation in the past. This was a good stepping stone and light way to start our infertility journey. The 4th month we did the oral medication and an IUI, which was unsuccessful. Our original plan included 3 IUI's before thinking about IVF as he was pretty confident we shouldnt need IVF. For our 3rd IUI cycle, we started injections along with the oral medication. Fingers crossed as we go in for our 3rd IUI within the next week or so. As we dont want to completely burn through insurance coverage with IUI's ans ultrasounds, we will move to IVF if we don't get our lucky, 3rd times a charm IUI positive!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic has brought us so much hope, comfort and knowledge in our infertility journey. We wouldn't be in this process without their amazing clinic. We are so grateful to have such a great time helping us reach our goals to grow our family and give our fur babies a sibling!♡
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center.
It's always so crazy to me insurance costs are always more than out of pocket. Our IUI out of pocket cost was $510 while they billed our insurance about $830. We dont quite have IVF costs as we are doing one more IUI cycle before an IVF consultation for costs and to determine a plan with our doctor.
Describe John Gililland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
We have not yet had IVF consultation in depth. No feedback on transfers just yet!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
The cycle after our first unsuccessful IUI, we were obviously heart broken and eager to keep moving forward. I didn't ovulate as I normally do on my own so went in for an ultrasound. I was told to wait a few days and come back for another ultrasound to see if my follicleshad grown and would be ready to br triggered. (I was taking oral medication at this time) I was then informed at the next appointment my follicles had not changed so we still could not do the trigger shot. We were told we could cancel the cycle or keep throwing more money at this cycle and try to do injections for the next 2 days and see if anything changed. Frustrated that my cycle probably could have been saved 2 days before when I originally went in, we opted to cancel the cycle right then and there. I was already super stressed I didnt ovualteand that 2 day wait about killed me. There was really no comfort we were given as this was really the first month we had reached out needing the extra help to make this cycle THE cycle. My clinic knows I will NOT see this nurse again. It caught us completely off guard because none of the other nurses would have had this conversation with us or handled our appointment this way. One bad visit in almost 2 years of working with this office isn't a bad ratio. We just found what does and doesnt work for us. And now the 2 nurses we work more with now are great so we are thankful for that!
Clearfield

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Hatasaka] is very very knowledgeable. He explains everything very well and you understand every treatment. Because he explains so well you are in the office for sometime. However I am very grateful for the time he spend with us. ... The Dr talked to us and explained in great detail of what was going on. He took a lot of time and answered a lot of our questions. We felt like we were human and we mattered
They [Reproductive Care Center] were all very kind and understanding. I was impressed on how much information we did get. I am was a little disappointed that we never heard on what treatment plan the Dr wanted us to do. But we still plan on going back once we have the money. We really liked how kind they were. ... We never received a call back regarding if my insurance will cover part of the treatment. We also never got a call back on which IVF package would be best for me.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very very knowledgeable. He explains everything very well and you understand every treatment. Because he explains so well you are in the office for sometime. However I am very grateful for the time he spend with us.
Make sure you have half a day off work! Otherwise you will love him. He is so knowledgeable and wants to work with you so hopefully you will have a baby!
I have tried time intercourse and IUI at another office. So far I have only had a consult with him. I was never told at my other office why things didn’t work. He however told me I had a high AMH but no other symptoms of PCOS so he diagnosed me with PCOM. So our next step is to do IVF. We plan on doing two fresh cycles and all the frozen embryos we get. We also plan on doing genetic testing because we aren’t sure with my high AMH how my follicles are going to be. We are just waiting at this point because we are not financially ready.
The nursing staff was really nice as I sat crying in their office. However they were suppose to call me with what the Dr. thought was best for me and we never heard anything. I have had to call.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They were all very kind and understanding. I was impressed on how much information we did get. I am was a little disappointed that we never heard on what treatment plan the Dr wanted us to do. But we still plan on going back once we have the money. We really liked how kind they were.
I think it’s about average. For a two fresh cycle abour 14,000. For a 4 fresh cycle 24,000.
We are a little concerned that he won’t do a multiple embryo transfer. We are hoping with genetic testing that things will be okay. We don’t really want twins however we would also like it to work. We did like him and the office that we just hope it works.

2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Blauer] was great to work with. My husband did have some issues with him. When we did our FET we were hoping to transfer two embryos... Dr Blauer only allowed us to transfer one embryo due to the clinic having issues with insurance companies having them listed as a preferred provider although we were completely self pay, our insurance didn’t even cover our intial diagnosis bloodwork.... For our two IUIs we did Femara, HCG trigger shot, and progesterone
I really enjoyed the staff there [Reproductive Care Center]. They were always very happy to see me and made me feel comfortable. I have a friend who also went to RCC and had a completely different experience. I was always greeted with a smile and a “how are you?” ... They ran things very well. There were only a couple times they called me back before they were ready for me, but the wait was never too long.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was great to work with. My husband did have some issues with him. When we did our FET we were hoping to transfer two embryos, Dr. Blauer told us we wouldn’t be able to because the clinic might be dropped as a preferred provider for different insurances. We paid for everything out of pocket, our insurance didn’t pay for anything. We didn’t love that but dealt with it.
Be completely open and honest about how you’re feeling with your treatment plan
He was honest about what he thought our chances were.
For our two IUIs we did Femara, HCG trigger shot, and progesterone along with baseline ultrasounds and follicle scans. I don’t remember the specifics for our FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
They were very nice. They communicated very well with me. When I did my pregnancy test the nurse that called me told me my HCG number, which was very low but a positive, and said “I’m cautiously optimistic for you,” which helped me a lot. She didn’t get my hopes up too high but wasn’t totally bumming out either
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I really enjoyed the staff there. They were always very happy to see me and made me feel comfortable. I have a friend who also went to RCC and had a completely different experience. I was always greeted with a smile and a “how are you?” She felt ignored and like they were too busy for her.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center.
So with our egg retrieval, ICSI, the FET, and storage we paid right around $11,000.
I mentioned this earlier but Dr Blauer only allowed us to transfer one embryo due to the clinic having issues with insurance companies having them listed as a preferred provider although we were completely self pay, our insurance didn’t even cover our intial diagnosis bloodwork.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained, Other
He [Dr. Hatasaka] was very patient and took the time to fully explain all scenarios possible as well as the steps necessary in result to getting pregnant. He made sure we were aware and familiar with each step while never rushing us out the door....He did a fantastic job walking us through this process. He is very thorough and detailed when relaying information or test results to patients. He does a great job at taking into consideration the emotional struggle infertility causes and is very sensitive when discussing options.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is nice, clean and the staff is exceptionally nice. The only downfall is if you're a new patient it may take you a little bit to get an appointment. But the nursing team, doctors and facilities are worth waiting for if you are starting the fertility journey.... They are very informative, welcoming and compassionate.... He [Dr. Hatasaka] did a fantastic job walking us through this process. He is very thorough and detailed when relaying information
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He did a fantastic job walking us through this process. He is very thorough and detailed when relaying information or test results to patients. He does a great job at taking into consideration the emotional struggle infertility causes and is very sensitive when discussing options. We have not had a dissappointing experience with Dr. Hatasaka
He will take care of you the best he can. He is patient, knowledgeable and cares for his patients. He wants success for a couple just as much as we do.
He was very patient and took the time to fully explain all scenarios possible as well as the steps necessary in result to getting pregnant. He made sure we were aware and familiar with each step while never rushing us out the door.
I have been on Femara days 5-7 and using an OPK ovulation kit to detect my ovulation. Once that occurs, I have been given direct numbers to his nurses who then arrange an IUI immediately. They are available 7 days a week. Dr. Hatasaka has switched my medication from clomid to see if it will result differently. He has a very clear plan for us as we continue into different phases or procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Becky)
They are very informative, welcoming and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is nice, clean and the staff is exceptionally nice. The only downfall is if you're a new patient it may take you a little bit to get an appointment. But the nursing team, doctors and facilities are worth waiting for if you are starting the fertility journey.
Because my insurance doesn't cover fertility costs, we've paid out of pocket this far. Therefore, our initial cost about $120. Around $300 for testing, results and consolation. $500 for each IUI procedure. Medications were $9 each round.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
The first time my husband and I went in for a consultation I was very nervous. Dr. Gililland could tell and was there to reassure me that he would do everything to get me pregnant. We did lots of testing and blood work and were set to do IUI my next cycle. I went in for an ultrasound the start of my next cycle and they found an endometromia.... Dr. Gililland decided the next best thing would be surgery to remove my endometromia. I agreed and we proceeded. While I was very disappointed and was super excited to try IUI
The nursing staff and RCC has always been very nice and easy to work with. The only complaint I have is it's hard to get a hold of them when I have a question. I understand they are busy but when it takes more then 24 hours on regular work days it gets a little frustrating. They are however awesome when I go in. Very understanding and explain what they are doing very well.... The most frustrating thing for me is I never get a bill.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
The first time my husband and I went in for a consultation I was very nervous. Dr. Gililland could tell and was there to reassure me that he would do everything to get me pregnant. We did lots of testing and blood work and were set to do IUI my next cycle. I went in for an ultrasound the start of my next cycle and they found an endometromia. Of course not the news I wanted but what I got. Dr. Gililland decided the next best thing would be surgery to remove my endometromia. I agreed and we proceeded. While I was very disappointed and was super excited to try IUI I knew this was the best think for me. He did the surgery and found a lot more then he was expecting but was able to get it all out. I had some complications after and dr. Gililland worked through them with me never dismissing me and always there to help with my concerns. He even called me from his home phone to make sure I was doing okay. We are now starting to do testing and things to get ready for IVF. I would recommend Dr. Gililland
Be open to what he has to say and make sure to ask as many questions as you have. He gives very detailed answers and will give you all the information you need.
Dr. Gililland has been an amazing doctor and treats me like human instead of a numberq. He is very caring and cares about everything my husband and I are going through. He makes sure to always answer my questions and he is always there calm my concerns. He makes it a point to talk about other things and get to know us at every appointment.
The first treatment I did was femara (a pill like clomid). It didn't give the results we wanted, so we did further testing. The next thing we were going to try was IUI, however the nurse found an endometromia and so surgery was the next thing we did to remove the endometrioma. And finally we are currently working towards IVF. Hoping that it gives successful results.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The overall clinic is pretty good. The most frustrating thing for me is I never get a bill. They just tell me each appointment how much money I owe. I don't know exactly what I'm paying for. I am the type of person who likes to see what I'm paying for. Other then that the front desk is great at getting me in when it's convenient for me and the location of the clinic is easy to get to.
The costs differ for sure but they are the best prices I have found. Testing, ultrasounds, and blood work cost about $1000. When we do IVF we will be paying around $9000 for one round.
The first time Dr. Gililland told me he did eSET it was very hard for me to hear. I was hoping to transfer more embryos and hopefully have a higher chance of getting pregnant. I am now on board with it and understand his logic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I had a chest x ray done and i called multiple times to get the results but I couldn't get a hold of anyone and they wouldn't return my messages. Dr. Gililland made sure to call me and talk me through the results after he was done with his surgeries. I just wish the nursing staff and been more responsive and at least kept me in the loop.

2017 - 2019
I asked if I could transfer more than one embryo with IVF. He [Dr. John Gililland] said no. I asked well isn’t it my choice as the patient. He said no... well I mean yeah it is. And that’s where he proceeded to laugh in my face and make me feel stupid. Then, quickly off to billing! I wish he would tactfully explain all the reasons he advised only one embryo... Low dose femara with gonal f injections and times intercourse. Pregnant with a miscarriage. Same doses for second cycle. Not pregnant. Third high dose of injectables and femara and iui Not pregnant. Femara and iui not pregnant.
Most of the time when we show up on time we are waiting for a lot longer than normal [at RRC-Clearfield]. The nurses are really great to work with especially over the phone. It may take them a little bit to call you back, but they do return your call. The last time I went there I was out in the waiting room and one of the girls by the front desk was very obnoxious and gossiping. It felt very unprofessional.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I had a miscarriage with the first treatment. Understandable that things happen. But when I went in for a follow after I had passed everything I felt very heartbroken and was hoping to feel some comfort from the staff. Nope. Nothing. I was called into the back, had my blood drawn, and the nurse said “K, you know what to do.” Meaning strip from the waist down to do an ultrasound. Umm yeah. Very unprofessional. I was so mad. The last 3 appointments with Dr. G he has rushed me to billing without first wanting to answer all my questions. We were VERY discouraged after he required me to get ANOTHER hysteroscopy surgery before doing IVF after the fact I just had it done 6 months prior which also included laparoscopic surgery. Then telling us he won’t let me do IVF at all until he does the surgery. We feel like he is in it for the money. I will never go back to RCC. I don’t like a doctor laughing in my face for honest questions I have.
Don’t let him get up and send you away until you have all your questions answered. Know your rights as a patient.
After each consultation with the doctor I was rushed into billing. Then finding out I would have to wait for few months to get into the next batch of people before doing IVF. It wasn’t just a personal journey, and my own timing. it felt like I had to be on a schedule with tons of other people to make it worth his time.
First cycle. Low dose femara with gonal f injections and times intercourse. Pregnant with a miscarriage. Same doses for second cycle. Not pregnant. Third high dose of injectables and femara and iui Not pregnant. Femara and iui not pregnant.
I loved Amy and heather very much! They were very compassionate toward me and my husband. They answered all my questions and stayed to explain things until I understood. One nurse I don’t know her name was the one that said “you know what to do” after my miscarriage. I really don’t like her. She’s not very personable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Most of the time when we show up on time we are waiting for a lot longer than normal. The nurses are really great to work with especially over the phone. It may take them a little bit to call you back, but they do return your call. The last time I went there I was out in the waiting room and one of the girls by the front desk was very obnoxious and gossiping. It felt very unprofessional.
HSG $300 SHG $300 in office hysteroscopy $400 consult $200 Ultrasounds $250 injections $400-$600
I asked if I could transfer more than one embryo with IVF. He said no. I asked well isn’t it my choice as the patient. He said no... well I mean yeah it is. And that’s where he proceeded to laugh in my face and make me feel stupid. Then, quickly off to billing! I wish he would tactfully explain all the reasons he advised only one embryo
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
When I had my miscarriage they said for me to come in and get a prescription for Percocet. I drove the hour to the clinic to receive it and they said they could not give it to me because the doctor was not there to write the prescription. I had to pass the miscarriage with only Tylenol they could give me. It was a very painful experience. They would also forget to call in a prescription for some Thyroid medicine that they had me on.

2016 - 2019
Dr. Heiner was very compassionate. Our first treatment with him resulted in a full term stillbirth. He was very understanding and empathetic when we wanted to try again for another baby. ... Treatment started with baseline labs, a HSG , ultrasound and sperm testing. We decided to go conservative at first. Using clomid 100mg days 3-7 and metformin 500mg TID (for PCOS) as well as OTC Ovaboost and prenatals. Ultrasound was conducted at cycle day 3 to ensure no cysts and view folicles as well as labs.
Nice waiting room, friendly front office staff [Reproductive Care Center]. All departments are very good at returning calls. Very accomidating hours and are available every day. Clean and up to date equipment. Very spacious treatment rooms. Reasonable prices and wonderful guarantee for more expensive procedures. ... She was wonderful with answering questions, returning phone calls and being understanding.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner gave a full description of possible treatment options, answered all of our questions and was very compassionate and thorough at each appointment. He knew the science and research behind what he was doing, but still took the time to relate and socialize with us.
Know all of your options and rely on Dr. Heiner's experience and knowledge to guide you to the right decisions.
Treatment started with baseline labs, a HSG , ultrasound and sperm testing. We decided to go conservative at first. Using clomid 100mg days 3-7 and metformin 500mg TID (for PCOS) as well as OTC Ovaboost and prenatals. Ultrasound was conducted at cycle day 3 to ensure no cysts and view folicles as well as labs. He recc OPK clearblue digital and intercourse every other day on cycle days 10-18. This resulted in a pregnancy the first time. Unfortunately we had a full term stillbirth that pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Nice waiting room, friendly front office staff. All departments are very good at returning calls. Very accomidating hours and are available every day. Clean and up to date equipment. Very spacious treatment rooms. Reasonable prices and wonderful guarantee for more expensive procedures.
Co-pay as I previously had insurance that covered my treatment.
Describe James Heiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Sandy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Keith Blauer] had me do 4 cycles of clomid and femara on days 3-7 of each cycle with times intercourse from ovulation predictor kits. After 4 cycles without success he suggested moving on to IUI. My husband and I are just saving money to continue with IUI, but in the meantime Dr. Blauer put me on metformin to regulate menstruation/ovulation. I am still taking femara days 3-7 of my cycles.... He seemed very personable and there to help us in a very uncomfortable situation. Nobody wants to have to go to a fertility doctor. So he made it more comfortable to speak about our situation. He sometimes can forget to "dumb things down" so I can understand things though. I would make sure to have plenty of questions to ask so I understood everything.
I think this clinic [RCC-Sandy] is awesome. It is clean, the doctors, nurses, and staff are all so nice and helpful. I don't think they have any weaknesses. I would recommend the entire team and clinic to anyone I know in the same situation.... They were wonderful in helping me feel more at ease with my fertility situation. They definitely made sure I understood the next steps to take in order to get where we wanted to be..... My insurance had a $50 copay for a specialist office. Of course all of the preliminary tests were out of pockets so we have probably spent close to $5000 on those tests.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Go to each appointment with questions that you have so you can get them answered. Everyone is so knowledgeable and they can help you understand the whole fertility process a little better.
He truly cared about what my husband and I had to say. We have been trying to conceive for 6 years and it felt like he cared and tried to give us solutions to help.
He had me do 4 cycles of clomid and femara on days 3-7 of each cycle with times intercourse from ovulation predictor kits. After 4 cycles without success he suggested moving on to IUI. My husband and I are just saving money to continue with IUI, but in the meantime Dr. Blauer put me on metformin to regulate menstruation/ovulation. I am still taking femara days 3-7 of my cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I think this clinic is awesome. It is clean, the doctors, nurses, and staff are all so nice and helpful. I don't think they have any weaknesses. I would recommend the entire team and clinic to anyone I know in the same situation.

2016 - 2019
We have had nothing but amazing experiences with Dr. Blauer. I can't remember a time I have left not knowing what was going on in our cycle, protocol or what to expect next. He anwsers all of our questions in depth, he is very understanding and has the best bedside manner. He has called us to simply check on us after failed FETs. He truly wants his patients to take a baby home!... We had been treated with my regular obgyn and failed 6 IUIS. We knew it was time to see a RE. He gave us the opposite to do one IUI
Easy to communicate with scheduling, nursing teams, payment coordinators, etc. I have been pleased all around with the clinic staff [Reproductive Care Center] and friendliness.... The particular nurse mentioned is amazing at coordinating and communicating most definitely. She is whom I communicate with the most. On our first failed cycle I felt like she lacked a lot of empathy and was put off by that. I do love and amazed by his staff in the Idaho Clinic. They are amazing all around. .
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
That they truly would not be disappointed with his care. We couldn't of picked a more dedicated doctor than him!
DR. BLAUER HAS THE MOST AMAZING BEDSIDE MANNER, WILL SIT AND ANWSER ALL OUR QUESTIONS IN DEPTH AND RESEARCH EVERYTHING WE BRING UP IF HE HASN'T USED THAT PARTICULAR PROTOCOL. HE IS SUCH AN AMAZING DOCTOR TO WORK WITH!
We had been treated with my regular obgyn and failed 6 IUIS. We knew it was time to see a RE. He gave us the opposite to do one IUI, with days 3-7 at 75mg of Femera, that was a negative pregnancy test. We waited 2 years until we were able to go to IVF. The STIM medications I used for 9 days (Gonal F, Cetrocide, Menopur, baby aspirin, over the counter vitamins) we had an egg retrieval where I was at risk for hyperstimulation and opted to do a freeze all and do a transfer the following month. We are male factor so we did ICSI. Our first transfer failed so we are not trying to get another protocol set for FET 2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Sam Wright)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Easy to communicate with scheduling, nursing teams, payment coordinators, etc. I have been pleased all around with the clinic staff and friendliness. I remember having issues with prior nurses and their communicating but have had no issues with the current staff. Highly recommend Dr Blauers team!
Monitoring appointments were scheduled, comfortingly, not rush and organized. I've never felt like a number or cattle call in their clinic.
My husband and I received a free cycle through the Footsteps for Fertility Run organization. We revieved a free IVF Cycle and monitoring for no cost. We paid $3800 for medications roughly, $518 for embroyo storage, other minor associated costs. Our first Frozen embryo transfer failed and we preparing for FET 2..
Dr Blauer always encourages 1 embroyo with our specific treatment. He encourages 1 for multiple reasons. Mother and bab(ies) in mind.

Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The doctor [Dr. Hatasaka] is very warm and caring. In comparing him with other doctors, he is very personable and you can tell he is in your corner. He really seems to like his patients and desire their success. He gave us a very thorough explanation of all the procedures and testing.... We were first treated for male Factor infertility. After lots of testing our doctor determined varicoceles as the main fertility issue. I receive surgery and testing was done later to determine effectiveness.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is very nice and well-organized. The website is not very user-friendly in the IVF portal. I have found it fairly difficult to track test results and make payments using the online system. However they are very quick and eager to help when problems arise.... The only thing that went wrong was the sharing of results between my urologist and my fertility doctor at RCC
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
The doctor is very warm and caring. In comparing him with other doctors, he is very personable and you can tell he is in your corner. He really seems to like his patients and desire their success. He gave us a very thorough explanation of all the procedures and testing. He gave us extra information on things that we had already undergone as well. He explained to us what are options were oh, what he thought would be best, and why it would be best
The doctor is phenomenal. If you would rather not have a lot of information and education he might not be the doctor you want. He also speaks fairly quietly.
The doctor was very warm and friendly. He walked us through all of the information in our infertility and had a genuine care for our success.
We were first treated for male Factor infertility. After lots of testing our doctor determined varicoceles as the main fertility issue. I receive surgery and testing was done later to determine effectiveness. After failed IUI attempts more testing was conducted and pcom was diagnosed by our doctor. IVF with icsi was determined to be the best option
The nursing team is very friendly and outgoing. They work hard to make sure that you are comfortable and cared for. Sometimes the wait can take a while
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is very nice and well-organized. The website is not very user-friendly in the IVF portal. I have found it fairly difficult to track test results and make payments using the online system. However they are very quick and eager to help when problems arise.
Cost have been very expensive but not really any more than most fertility places. Our insurance does not cover any infertility treatment.
Are doctor suggest a single Embryo transfer and gave us solid explanation for why that is their strategy.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [RRC-Sandy] also has a mandatory IVF class that patients need to take before starting. The class was 3 hours of a PowerPoint presentation. It was grueling, but extremely informational. We had some prior knowledge of what to expect, but it’s was extremely helpful and we even practiced mixing together the medicine for injections and giving them to fake belly’s. The nurse giving the class gave a great piece of advice, “never feel like you’re asking too many questions or think you are bothering us because you’re not. This is our job and we are here to help you.” It was really nice to hear that, because there is so much information and it’s extremely overwhelming and at times confusing. So to have the staff be supportive is another weight lifted.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I was desperately seeking some warm bedside manner after our last Dr. I’m extremely sensitive and want to be fully trusting in our doctor. Dr. Hatasaka has a very quiet voice and I had to strain to hear him, but he has such a warm welcoming aura, and such an empathetic tenderness towards his patients. I could tell that his patients came first, and that’s what sold me. He gave us full explanations on what to expect and what our best options were. My husband and I never felt we were pushed into one option and then told to do a bunch of tests without knowing what they were for. The level of detail that is provided is such a big deal for me because I truly want to understand what we are putting into our bodies and what each thing is for. I’ve only gone to see Dr. Hatasaka a couple times but we are now to the stage of invitro and I am extremely comfortable in his care.
He is in high demand so you might have to wait a while for a consultation.
He took so much time to go over our new found test results (my PCOM, a form of PCOS) and was very empathetic while we absorbed the new and heartbreaking information. He and his staff are great at breaking down every piece of information and explaining the reasoning for each thing. He even explained the history of PCOS and explained the differences. I tried to do internet research on it, and there really is nothing that comes up for PCOM, so I was extremely grateful for his insight. Instead of it being a business transaction, he is helping us have a baby and that is his number one concern.
So far we have just done some preliminary blood tests before we proceed onto IVF. Such as infectious disease, OAR, baseline ultrasound and a saline sonogram to check my follicles in resting stage and ovulation and a couple others (I can’t remember the abbreviation). He and his staff explained why we needed to wait at certain times in my cycle to do the tests to get the best results. The baseline ultrasound was to show a resting stage of the ovaries and the saline sonogram was to show the active stage of the ovaries, and they were able to measure follicle sizes that way. He did say that he would be monitoring my bloodwork closely when we start doing injections and adjust prescriptions as needed, since I am now at a risk to hyperstimulate.
Andrea is extremely knowledgeable and organized, I’ve only worked with her a few times since we’ve switched, but she is punctual about getting results back and great at explaining them over the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Overall I have had a good experience at this clinic. Obviously getting bad news sucks anywhere, but the staff has always been kind and helpful. They are great at explaining the billing and are willing to call insurance companies. They know that most insurance companies don’t pay, so they have a lot of options for payment plans. When I have called after hours to schedule, they are usually pretty prompt about getting back to me in the morning, and they really work with your schedule to make appointments work. I really didn’t know what to expect as far as a clinic runs but I’ve had friends go to other clinics that were not upfront about telling them the price of procedures. I did not experience that here, the billing staff was extremely thorough about all of the procedures and different options, and the pricing was broken down exactly. The clinic also has a mandatory IVF class that patients need to take before starting. The class was 3 hours of a PowerPoint presentation. It was grueling, but extremely informational. We had some prior knowledge of what to expect, but it’s was extremely helpful and we even practiced mixing together the medicine for injections and giving them to fake belly’s. The nurse giving the class gave a great piece of advice, “never feel like you’re asking too many questions or think you are bothering us because you’re not. This is our job and we are here to help you.” It was really nice to hear that, because there is so much information and it’s extremely overwhelming and at times confusing. So to have the staff be supportive is another weight lifted.
The billing team gave us a list of breakdown prices with and without medications. They offer a money back guarantee which starts at $24,000 and can go up. This does not include medications. Our insurance was billed for the bloodwork, the saline sonogram was paid out of pocket for $460. We haven’t received a bill yet for our bloodwork, so I’m not sure the amount we will have to pay yet. We switched doctors within the clinic and I was concerned we would have to pay another consultation fee, but they waived it.
This was very interesting to me, I thought that protocol was to place multiple embryos but Dr. Hatasaka explained that there is technology now to get the embryos to a more advanced stage so the likelihood of them implanting is much more successful. He explained that your body is more likely to accept one, rather than multiples because you’re body is trying to provide nutrients to the embryos but can be spread thin if there is more than one. So now normal protocol is one embryo because you are more likely to have a live birth which is the goal!

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Heiner] is very knowledgeable and has been in the industry a long time. He explained things but always in a rushed manner. I often felt like my appointments were a rush through the assembly line. After my ectopic pregnancy I came back for a consult to start again. Dr. Heiner was tactless in his appraisal of me. I sat outside his open office door while his nurse reminded him who I was. He proceeded to talk about my BMI and said how very fat I was.
Overall, the clinic [Reproductive Care Center] and clinic staff were pleasant to work with. Saturday appointments can be confusing. They don't always have someone at the front desk and instead you have to sign in on a kiosk. The kiosk hardly ever worked properly so you could be sitting for 15 - 20 minutes before they would realize you're there.... The nurses were wonderful in comparison to the poor experience with the Doctor. They always got back to me the same day if I had questions.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very knowledgeable and has been in the industry a long time. He explained things but always in a rushed manner. I often felt like my appointments were a rush through the assembly line. After my ectopic pregnancy I came back for a consult to start again. Dr. Heiner was tactless in his appraisal of me. I sat outside his open office door while his nurse reminded him who I was. He proceeded to talk about my BMI and said how very fat I was.
He's knowledgeable and gets results. But at the expense of humanity and compassion.
Appointments always felt very rushed. He made very little eye contact with my spouse and myself. When we had our first pregnancy that resulted in an ectopic miscarriage he was emotionless, a quick, "sorry, that happens" and that was it.
I don't ovulate or have regular cycles. Dr. Heiner had me take progesterone to begin cycles and from there a combination of Femara and steroids to get me to ovulate and grow some large eggs. That dose was raised once or twice learned quickly that my body was not responding to the Femara or Clomid medication. From there we went to injectible medications: FSH trigger shots and gondotrophins. We had success with this combination, I finally ovulated and grew some large eggs for the IUI procedures. He also discovered the thyroid medication i was taking was not quite what it should be and boosted that medication to a higher dose, making me feel a lot better as far as energy, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
The nurses were wonderful in comparison to the poor experience with the Doctor. They always got back to me the same day if I had questions. They were sympathetic and compassionate. They often went over things with me after I met with the doctor because he went over things so quickly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Overall, the clinic and clinic staff were pleasant to work with. Saturday appointments can be confusing. They don't always have someone at the front desk and instead you have to sign in on a kiosk. The kiosk hardly ever worked properly so you could be sitting for 15 - 20 minutes before they would realize you're there.
We had pretty good insurance at the time. One IUI cycle with injectible medications was around $900. The ultrasounds with our insurance were $300 each time. That got expensive, quickly.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I transferred to a new gynecologist and a new reproductive endocrinologist clinic this year. RCC failed to fax my records to the new clinics I requested months before my initial appointments with these two clinics.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Gililland] was a great listener and explainer from the very beginning. He was willing to go at my pace and ensure I had all the information along the way. He never once made me feel judged or shamed. Through different procedures and diagnostic studies he could tell I was nervous for some of them and made sure I was confident and ready before he proceeded. He helped me feel relaxed and understood.
They [Reproductive Care Center] close early on Wednesday’s and aren’t open some fridays. You have to call the office before 4 pm usually if you need something that day which can be hard if you work. The staff has been good to work with. The sitting room is inviting and homey. ... Another [nurse] stayed with me during my X-ray just because she could tell I was nervous and because of the exposure of the X-ray my husband couldn’t be present but she stayed by my side and encouraged me and talked me through it.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was a great listener and explainer from the very beginning. He was willing to go at my pace and ensure I had all the information along the way. He never once made me feel judged or shamed. Through different procedures and diagnostic studies he could tell I was nervous for some of them and made sure I was confident and ready before he proceeded. He helped me feel relaxed and understood.
What are you waiting for?! :)
He took time to listen to my every woe and concern, didn’t rush our apptments and made certain I had could make informed decisions nd felt comfortable with each step. He didn’t come across judgmental and made me feel like he wanted my success too!
We did a good amount of dx studies at first , labs, X-ray, follicular studies, ovulation tests, more labs. When my prolactin levels resulted in high levels, he order an MRI to rule out a pituitary tumor. Knowing this was causing me some concern he made sure to get the results and treatment plan to me soon after the MRI. I take bromocriptine for my prolactin and have tried ovulation enhancing drugs a couple of cycles now. We’re in the process of now deciding to try IUI or other options.
The nurses were so caring. One in particular did an internal ultrasound on me and was so gentle. She explained each step as she went and explained what it was she was looking for and what the results meant. Another stayed with me during my X-ray just because she could tell I was nervous and because of the exposure of the X-ray my husband couldn’t be present but she stayed by my side and encouraged me and talked me through it. I was so grateful!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only thing I don’t love are the hours are a little tricky! They close early on Wednesday’s and aren’t open some fridays. You have to call the office before 4 pm usually if you need something that day which can be hard if you work. The staff has been good to work with. The sitting room is inviting and homey. The office is nice as well. They put cute booties over the stirrups to make them feel less intimidating.
I do t recall exactly but when I was doing research they were the most affordable clinic I found. And we’re good about telling me costs of things. I was double covered for the first little while and don’t remember paying much if anything for diagnostic testing (besides the MRI) but even after that it’s been affordable so far
Clearfield

I was impressed that Dr. Hatasaka had taken the time and initiative to look over our files sent to him by my OBGYN. He knew my history before I ever walked through the door. He was warm and welcoming and I felt like he was considering all of the aspects of my life. ... Dr. Hatasaka knows infertility inside and out. He was referring to both recent and experienced studies. He has conducted his own studies as well, and while he was boasting or proud, I could tell by his quiet confidence and the expertise with which he answered my questions that he is a leader in this field.
They [Reproductive Care Center] were kind and the clinic was welcoming. They worked with my schedule and seemed more willing to help get me in quickly than the other clinics I contacted. The clinic was clean and everyone we met with was professional. ... The initial consultation was $200. I'm still waiting to go back in for other tests, so I'm not sure what those will cost. ...
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Write down questions you want to ask him before the appointment.
I was impressed that Dr. Hatasaka had taken the time and initiative to look over our files sent to him by my OBGYN. He knew my history before I ever walked through the door. He was warm and welcoming and I felt like he was considering all of the aspects of my life. When I left, I felt like I had a new friend.
I am still very early on in the process. My OBGYN prescribed Clomid when she officially diagnosed me with unexplained infertility. When my blood work came back, my AMH levels were alarmingly low. Dr. Hatasaka told me to stop taking the Clomid immediately and I am going back in next week for some tests to determine if my ovarian reserve is, in fact, as low as the AMH indicated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
We only met with her briefly, but she was very nice and thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They were kind and the clinic was welcoming. They worked with my schedule and seemed more willing to help get me in quickly than the other clinics I contacted. The clinic was clean and everyone we met with was professional.
We haven't reached that point.
Sandy

He [Dr. Blauer] was very truthful and up front. When big decisions were made he was very on point on what exactly will be and needs to be done. Excellent doctor. I would recommend to anyone. Every time I came into an appointment he was so welcoming and asked how I was doing. He got right down to business and got to work figuring out a good path of treatment...He is very knowledgeable.
They [Reproductive Care Center] get everything done and still make us patients feel good and happy. One of the weaknesses was that they are super busy but they didn’t let you down or ignore your treatment ever...They [nurses] were always so kind and understanding and listened to and addressed everything I had to say...Everything was super expensive but they did work with me for sure
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very truthful and up front. When big decisions were made he was very on point on what exactly will be and needs to be done. Excellent doctor. I would recommend to anyone. Every time I came into an appointment he was so welcoming and asked how I was doing. He got right down to business and got to work figuring out a good path of treatment.
Make sure you follow all of his instructions very careful and keep in mind everything he has to say. He is very knowledgeable. Good luck with your journey!
They treat everyone so good with respect and everyone is so kind and caring
I know we used all sorts of injections for the retrievals. I really can’t remember the names or doses I was on asvits almost been a year since the last one. I remember him putting me on metformin, levothyroxine, estrodiol, also suppository and an injection of hormones before the last two frozen embryo cycles. I don’t remember the names though
They were always so kind and understanding and listened to and addressed everything I had to say.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Quality health care for fertility doctors, love them and the well trained staff they have. They get everything done and still make us patients feel good and happy. One of the weaknesses was that they are super busy but they didn’t let you down or ignore your treatment ever.
Everything was super expensive but they did work with me for sure
He did have a strong preference in how many to transfer. He preferred only one because of the risks and complications with multiples in pregnancy.
Sandy

I have only actually met with Dr. G[ililland] once, during the consult. The rest of the time my care was monitored by nurses. My husband and I had heard that he was great and so instead of going to the clinic closest to us, we traveled an extra two hours to be under his care. However, he hasn't ever met with us to discuss test results or what my infertility may be stemming from...seemed very knowledgable on paper and the one time we met.
I have never had a nurse or doctor [at Reproductive Care Center] call with test results. I have always had to call them to find the results. Also, they didn't really explain the results and what that means for our fertility plan/journey...The consult was reduced if you had a referring friend. A round of shots cost $497 shipped overnight. My IUI cost 417 out of pocket. Each ultrasound was $250...I have been to all three offices, and all are nice. It seems like they manage to squeeze you in when needed. They work with your insurance. The clinic is comfortable and homey which is nice. I think they sometimes need to print bills and show you what you are being charged for, rather than just telling you a lump sum. I also think that some explanation of how some things work and what to expect. The overall feeling is that they care.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. G seemed very knowledgable on paper and the one time we met. However, I have only ever spent 40 or so minutes with him in the time (5 months) I have been in his care. The one time he passed us in the hall on our way to our IUI and he didn't even say hi or check on us. I feel like my husband and I are the ones in charge of our treatment. We are new to seeking treatment, so we were really hoping for a doctor that could guide us in what is the best course of action for our secondary infertility, but it almost seems like our case is "boring" so not worth his time.
Be vocal. Make sure to write down all of your questions before meeting with the doctor so you make the most of the consult.
I have only actually met with Dr. G once, during the consult. The rest of the time my care was monitored by nurses. My husband and I had heard that he was great and so instead of going to the clinic closest to us, we traveled an extra two hours to be under his care. However, he hasn't ever met with us to discuss test results or what my infertility may be stemming from.
When I first met with Dr. G, we have been on Clomid for 6 months. Immediately after our consult we received a semen analysis and egg examination. We started injections (114 mg)and a trigger shot with timed intercourse. It was told that we shouldn't have a problem getting pregnant. The first cycle resulted in a negative test. The second cycle we upped the meds to 132 mg and timed intercourse. The last cycle was increased to 175 mg and I ovulated on my own with IUI. One week later the nurses called to inform me that Dr. G had yet to ask for Progesterone test one week after ovulation. It was suggested I get one done. This cycle has also resulted in a negative test. I am unsure of the rationale, as I was the one who asked to do an IUI. Again, I haven't spoken to Dr. G since the consult so I am not sure why the treatment is the course he went with.
The nurses were always kind and positive. They were compassionate and the nurse that performed my IUI was very informative. They do take a while to call back, which can be frustrating especially in a time crunch, but I am sure they are busy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I have never had a nurse or doctor call with test results. I have always had to call them to find the results. Also, they didn't really explain the results and what that means for our fertility plan/journey.
Clearfield

We came up with a game plan [with Dr. Blauer] of how many iuis we would try before moving onto Ivf as an option. We have male factor infertility and have chosen to use donor sperm to try to get pregnant through iui...Some strengths for dr Blauer would be the ability to talk to you kindly but also get the facts across to you, I like that he didn’t mess around with guessing issues but instead ran many tests for us to find out what was wrong.
Both nurses I have seen for iui [at Reproductive Care Center] have been extremely friendly, and put me at ease during the procedures. Both were very thorough and explained everything as they were going...The clinic is clean, staff is friendly. They have multiple doctors and multiple teams of nurses. They will all assist you if you need anything, including doing procedures for you if necessary also. The only confusing thing sometimes can be billing as sometimes they have you pay when there, sometimes they bill you, sometimes it’s at the front desk, sometimes another desk as you are leaving
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
I have been seeing dr. Blauer for a couple of years now, he has always been friendly and knowledgeable. He ran many tests on both me and my husband to determine what our infertility issues may be, which I thought was very helpful instead of just guessing what issues could be. We came up with a game plan of how many iuis we would try before moving onto Ivf as an option. We have male factor infertility and have chosen to use donor sperm to try to get pregnant through iui. We are currently on our last iui cycle before moving onto Ivf Some strengths for dr Blauer would be the ability to talk to you kindly but also get the facts across to you, I like that he didn’t mess around with guessing issues but instead ran many tests for us to find out what was wrong. One thing people may not know or like is that you don’t always see him every time you go in for treatment depending on what you are going in for, generally you see his nurses if you are having an iui procedure rather than the main doctor, but if he is around you can always speak to him if you have a question. He does travel quite a bit so that could be a negative to someone, but it seems as though his traveling is to infertility conventions held in Europe yearly which could only aid in bettering him as a doctor, even when we was out of town he would schedule a phone meeting with me if I needed to speak to him which was nice that I could still speak to him while he was away Overall I would say my experience with dr Blauer and his team has been great and I would recommend him to a friend that was experiencing infertility. We are currently on our last iui before moving onto Ivf and he has been very supportive on what to expect and our options for the procedure if we do need to move onto it. He has stayed very positive throughout our treatments.
Go in with an open mind to what your treatments may include. Make sure you have a firm understanding of what you are wanting to spend, whether it would be beneficial to do some iuis first or to move directly onto Ivf. Listen to his advice as he knows what he is talking about
Dr Blauer carefully went over numerous blood tests, and ultrasounds with us to ensure we had an understanding of what our infertility issues were and what options we had as far as fertility treatments. We were able to sit for a few hours with him and ask as many questions as we wanted. We also were able to discuss personal things in our lives like family and trips and such also
We started off with the lowest dose of clomid to accompany our first couple of iuis, then after not getting pregnant moved onto using femara to see if we got a different result, we have now moved onto femara, gonal-f (450ml) and ultrasounds to check follicle size. We also discussed that for iui using my husbands sperm was not an option and so we needed to use a donor sperm for the procedures. Dr Blauer was very knowledgeable on the different sperm banks across the country and helped guide us to a credible one. All of our procedures so far I would say have gone with protocol as starting out with lower treatment options and moving to more aggressive ones at treatment continued, also the fact that we are only going to try a certain number of iuis before moving onto Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Sam or crystal )
Both nurses I have seen for iui have been extremely friendly, and put me at ease during the procedures. Both were very thorough and explained everything as they were going
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
We have had varying costs so far with iuis as we have done different medications and ultrasounds with each one they varied from about $400-1000 a cycle depending
I have no comment as of yet since we have not moved onto Ivf yet.

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Great clinic [RCC- Sandy]. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have done multiple fertility treatments. They are hard. I drove from Idaho to Sandy to see Dr. Heiner (4 hours one way) and I’ll keep doing it. He is exceptional and was easy to work with. He was blunt which was good for us so we didn’t spend our money on something that ‘might’ work. He has a lot of knowledge and experience in fertility treatments. He strives for success and do whatever he can to grow his clients families. He truly has a love for his work.
Have an open mind and don’t be afraid to ask a million questions. He’s so smart, so some things may go over your head. He will recommend a great plan for you or he will listen to what you have in mind. You won’t find a better staff. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. You’ve got this!!
Dr. Heiner always cared for my desires. I drove 4 hours to see him every time and he always cared about my travels, and asked how my first child I had with IVF. He remembered my medical history and always asked what I’d like to do as far as treatment. He answered every little question we had. We gave him the opportunity to tell us what he would recommend and he always answered in our benefit and not for money. He was honest and blunt, which is what we needed to know for our financial, mental, and physical experience. He was smart and had good faith. Not only that but his nurse was exceptional. We loved her and she was so kind and thoughtful.
He always asked if needles bugged me because there are usually other ways of taking medication. He is concerned for you and so is his nurse. I had many treatments. Everyone is so different with their cycles and how they ovulate, etc. so the treatment strategies may be completely different from what he uses on me than what he uses on another patient. But he used what was best for me. I had been through multiple clomid cycles and iuis before coming to him. So listening to what I had done in the passed helped him to know what he should do differently. I did not get pregnant with my 3 iuis I did with him so he recommended IVF (I had done 6 previous iuis with my OBGYN). When I did not get pregnant with my first IVF cycle then he changed it up which resulted in my first child. So we did the same with my third cycle hoping for baby number two, which I did get pregnant but had a miscarriage. We were still very excited that I got pregnant, and the miscarriage had nothing to do with his procedure or medication requirements. The embryo itself was not strong enough to mature. We did have baby number two with transfer four. We will do the same treatment and medications for our next child as well.
I was assigned Dr. Heiner’s nurse every cycle. Which was very nice because we became friends with so many visits and phone calls and she remembered every bit of my medical history. She was smart and on the ball. She never forgot to call in a prescription or make an appointment for me. She was quick to cal back or respond to my emails. She was very sweet and companionate whenever I did not get pregnant or had a miscarriage and was always very excited and sweet when I did get pregnant. I honestly think Rachel made my experience at RCC so amazing. You work with the Dr quite a bit but you mostly work with the nurses and I seriously could not have gotten a better nurse. She was an absolute dream. Definitely makes the experience of infertility better because of the sweet person that she is.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Great clinic. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
The clinic had multiple plans that you can choose from. The Dr worked with you to decide which one he would recommend depending on your history. But he always let you decide in the end. The fincancial advisor was smart and helpful. The let you do in-house financing or you could do your own financing. The Sr also provided a list of employers that helped paid for fertility treatments if we needed to search for help in that way. They were very smart and helpful.
With not having any children yet and not knowing how my body would do with pregnancy he recommended I do a single embryo transfer. I am so glad he did because my body does not do well with pregnancy. I am on bed rest for more than half my pregnancies due to placenta abruption. Nothing to do with IVF or how I conceived. Just how my body deals with pregnancy. Because of this I don’t think I could carry twins. So his recommendation was perfect and in my best interest.