Genetic counseling: Offered
2435 West 450 South
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care Center to a friend?

Dr. Blauer would only transfer 1 embryo for me for my first fresh and first frozen, but said after that he would maybe consider 2...He was present for monitoring, retrieval and transfers...When it failed twice I had no explanations as to why and he neglected to reach out or even try to help me find a different answer or protocol...On the day of transfer he showed us 1 embryo and I said no I wanted two. He said he refused to do two and never told me until THE DAY OF TRANSFER.
I loved that they [Reproductive Care Center] had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
In the beginning Dr. Blauer seemed to care and wanted to help, he also seemed very confident with our chances to start off. During stims and monitoring he never really gave a lot of insight to how we were doing and what he expected. I felt like he just felt BLAH about how we were doing. Out of sight and out of mind as a patient. I was also really upset about the lack of communication. We wanted 2 embryos the second go round and I talked with everyone at the clinic several times to make sure this was in place. On the day of transfer he showed us 1 embryo and I said no I wanted two. He said he refused to do two and never told me until THE DAY OF TRANSFER. I was emotionally distraught to say the least. After our second failure I wanted answers. He never reached out and didn't seem to care at all about changing the protocol or helping me. I had to speak with his nurse about my frustrations and he responded to those concerns with "notes in my chart" for if I called again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Ask as many questions as you can! Ask why he is doing what he is doing, ask what follow up you can expect and try and schedule a plan before every big procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer was not very personable and did not go into depth about many of the procedures. I felt I was going in blind, even after doing a lot of research before hand. He was present for monitoring, retrieval and transfers. I was an out of state patient and it was very difficult for me to feel like I was a priority at the clinic. When it failed twice I had no explanations as to why and he neglected to reach out or even try to help me find a different answer or protocol.
Describe the protocols Keith Blauer used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Blauer is very conservative with medication to avoid OHSS, especially in someone my age. I was on fairly low doses of menopur and gonal f for egg retrieval and began suppositories of progesterone in preparation or my fresh transfer. For my frozen I was on estradiol, baby aspirin, and PIO injections. I responded very well to everything I had plenty of follicles and produced 17 eggs. For my frozen it was postponed a month because I responded too well to the estradiol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Chanise )
I loved Chanise!!! She would always call me back, answer my questions, and address all of my concerns. I truly felt that she cared. During my transfers I was in a lot of pain and she would try and distract me and would make jokes and helped me really relax. SHE IS THE BOMB!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinics nursing staff is awesome I loved pretty much everyone that I worked with. The billing department lady was sometimes rude, especially at the beginning when I was clueless with how everything worked. I loved that they had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.
We had partial insurance coverage, the total bill was about 35,000 with meds for retrieval and fresh cycle. Frozen was about another 5,000
Describe Keith Blauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Hatasaka really took the time to make sure that mmt husband and I both really understood what our options were and what we could do. He made sure to fully explain everything from our test results to what our next steps are. He then made sure he gave us time to really process all of the information and answered all of questions. ... Dr. Hatasaka has beenamazing at making sure we'r fully understand all the information given to us and has explained why we're doing everything we're doing before so we fully know what to expect. He has really helped both my husband and I feel comfortable with the process and knowledgeable about what we're going through.
I love that everyone [At Reproductive Care Center] there is so nice for the moment you walk in the door until you leave. The ladies checking people in do their best to get to know you and greet you by name, every nurse I worked with was so nice, and even the phlebotomist was so good with me. I am a little nervous about getting my blood drawn and she made sure she kept our conversation little and fun to help ease my nerves.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
To make sure you have your questions with you that you want to ask because he will answer them if you have them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Describe the protocols Harry Hatasaka used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Since I have a low ovarian reserve Dr. Hatasaka but me in the highest dose of gonal-f to see if we could get enough eggs to retrieve. The first go around we only got 2 eggs so we didn't do retrieval and we'r are in the second round of meds now so fingers crossed it will work if not we will try one more round of meds before we explore other options. Other options will be donor eggs or embryos or adoption.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
My nurse made sure my husband and I knew everything we'r needed to know for injecting the medication I was taking. She made sure we'r had everything we needed and kept in contact with me as they hit test results back and next steps.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I love that everyone there is so nice for the moment you walk in the door until you leave. The ladies checking people in do their best to get to know you and greet you by name, every nurse I worked with was so nice, and even the phlebotomist was so good with me. I am a little nervous about getting my blood drawn and she made sure she kept our conversation little and fun to help ease my nerves.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.
My appointments for the first round were mostly covered because of where I was at with my insurance so I paid for the first consultation but every visit after was only $25 for the copay. The medication was not covered however and if it wasn't for having money put into an HSA I won't have been able to pay for it it was about $3,800. This second go around I am covering all appointments plus the medication it is $150 pre visit plus the same cost for medication. If this round doesn't work we well need to put off doing a 3rd round until we can save up some more money.
Describe Harry Hatasaka's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Nothing as of yet since we'r haven't been able to retrieve any eggs.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Blauer is considerate and kind. He is very informative and gives me all the information. I truly believe he really cares about all of his patients...I feel best about Dr. Blauer and his scientific outlook. I appreciate his honesty and how much time he takes with me and my husband...recommended that I do Hysteroscopy Polypectomy. We did this before my second retrieval. He found chronic endometritis and a polyp that he removed. I went on antibiotics for 2 weeks and just had my se
Oh boy do I love the nurses [at Reproductive Care Center]. Amy, Heather, and Heidi where the main nurses I saw and worked with the most...I purchased a package, 2 fresh cycles. It was about 18,000-20,000...I couldn't be more pleased with the front desk staff...MA's are seriously so great. They are always so helpful and get back to me so fast if i leave a VM. I have see all the Doctors at RCC and I really have liked them all. They have all done a transfer for me and I am very pleased with everyone. Although I do prefer Dr. Blauer. The only thing that I could say needs to be worked on it the manager. Lisa, when I met her I felt like she was a little put off and not the k
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer is amazing and I trust him fully. I have met with multiple doctors at RCC and like Dr. Blauer the most. All the other doctors are great but I feel best about Dr. Blauer and his scientific outlook. I appreciate his honesty and how much time he takes with me and my husband.
I honestly don't have anything advice
I started seeing Dr. Blauer later in my IVF cycles. My first retrieval I ended up with 9 embryos. After my 9th embryo resulted in another Chemical Pregnancy Dr. Blauer recommended that I do Hysteroscopy Polypectomy. We did this before my second retrieval. He found chronic endometritis and a polyp that he removed. I went on antibiotics for 2 weeks and just had my second retrieval. I just had my 2nd fresh transfer and it resulted in another chemical pregnancy. We have a phone visit set for this monday to go over what our next step is when RCC can reopen safely due to the Covid outbreak.
Oh boy do I love the nurses. Amy, Heather, and Heidi where the main nurses I saw and worked with the most. I can't say enough great things about them. I truly am so grateful for all of the staff. This has been one of the hardest trials we have ever gone through and the RCC staff has made it a lot easier to deal with all the failed cycles. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
So many strengths! I love the front desk staff. I am always greeted with a smile and my first name most of the time. I couldn't be more pleased with the front desk staff. The nurses and MA's are seriously so great. They are always so helpful and get back to me so fast if i leave a VM. I have see all the Doctors at RCC and I really have liked them all. They have all done a transfer for me and I am very pleased with everyone. Although I do prefer Dr. Blauer. The only thing that I could say needs to be worked on it the manager. Lisa, when I met her I felt like she was a little put off and not the kindest. But it wasn't that big of a deal. She is probably a very busy women and I caught her on a day that she was super busy haha. I'm sure shes great.
Thats hard because I purchased a package, 2 fresh cycles. It was about 18,000-20,000. But we did that 2 years ago under Dr. G
Nothing that I know of

Unexplained, Other
After a successful cycle resulting in a missed miscarriage, when I had a follow up scan with Dr. Blauer, he just went through all the questions and paperwork like I wasnt sitting on the table balling. Knowing I'd be seeing an empty womb when just weeks before we went to hear our baby's heartbeat. My husband was furious and we dread having to see the doctor instead of our nursing team...he has also cancelled 2 cycles and put me on birth control for a month... which we're obviously more eager to conceive now than before. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, so the fact weve had a successful cycle with IUI, it's hard to say let's move to IVF. But he's already dropped that hint to us as well while cancelling a cycle. It's been a hard year with Dr. Blauer to say the very least Certainly not the bedside manner the doctor we originally started working with at the clinic had. Not impressed. And currently talking with other clinics about future treatments!
We love the nursing staff at RCC. So understanding and will answer any questions I have. They are rooting for us at every appointment...IUI used to cost $850 (billed to insurance cost) but went up to $892 at the beginning of 2020. I believe out of pocket cost for IUI was around $510 before the cost increase this year. Every follicle scan is billed to my insurance at a completely different cost so not even sure where to start on that. Usually just pay my copay then at my next appointment pay the balance on my account that truly cant really even be explained in detail to me
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
After a successful cycle resulting in a missed miscarriage, when I had a follow up scan with Dr. Blauer, he just went through all the questions and paperwork like I wasnt sitting on the table balling. Knowing I'd be seeing an empty womb when just weeks before we went to hear our baby's heartbeat. This was my first actual appointment with him/meeting him. My husband was furious. Since then, he has also cancelled 2 cycles and put me on birth control for a month... which we're obviously more eager to conceive now than before. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, so the fact weve had a successful cycle with IUI, it's hard to say let's move to IVF. But he's already dropped that hint to us as well while cancelling a cycle. It's been a hard year with Dr. Blauer to say the very least Certainly not the bedside manner the doctor we originally started working with at the clinic had. Not impressed. And currently talking with other clinics about future treatments!
Drive to the Sandy office to see the other doctors there
For all my injection cycles, I have done Femara 7.5 days 3-7 and Gonal-f 115 units 7, 9, 11 then trigger. I always have 3 mature follicles over 18mm, then a few right behind. And had a successful cycle with this dosage. In January, I had my first follicle scan with Dr. Blauer and not our nursing team. He counted my 3 follicles over 18mm, then also my 2 or 3 under 15mm... which put me in a position of him cancelling my cycle that month. I am still livid about it because the nurses have never counted those smaller ones nor had I had a cancelled cycle till seeing him. My next cycle they lowered my Femara to 5mg and Gonal-f to 75 units which I had 2 follicles, but have been unsuccessful with the lower dosage.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I have now run into my insurance not covering 2 of my IUI's due to something that was missed in the "preapproval" stage. And they wont backdate the forms submitted after the procedure so we have been paying significantly of pocket on things we shouldnt have been

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. James Heiner] seems as if he has lost his compassion for his patients. When I called in to get our very first consultation I simply asked for the soonest apt. Dr Heiner had the soonest and most availability compared to the other doctors. I did ask the receptionist why, and she simply said he is very blunt and tells it how it is...He is very smart but not good at explaining things in terms that the everyday patient can understand. Ask lots of questions and ask him to “dumb down” some of the stuff he is explaining to you until you fully understand things.
Jane [nurse at Reproductive Care Center] was really great and always was very compassionate and willing to take time to answer our questions on the phone...another nurse...was not great. From forgetting to request a certain blood draw so I had to drive back in to get it done & a few other issues. I’m chalking it up to maybe her being new?...I received a quote from them and the cost of a single fresh IVF cycle was just around $10,500. This DID NOT include the medication, anesthesia, or testing/apts before you start IVF. A frozen transfer (not including meds) was quoted to me at $3,500. Now if you need or want any extra add ons like ICIS or Genetic Testing or “Sticky Glue” you pay more. Sperm Analysis cost $175 and they do this through an outside lab and do not allow you to run it through insurance (ours doesn’t cover anything anyways)
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He seems as if he has lost his compassion for his patients. When I called in to get our very first consultation I simply asked for the soonest apt. Dr Heiner had the soonest and most availability compared to the other doctors. I did ask the receptionist why, and she simply said he is very blunt and tells it how it is. Which I think is great, but to a certain extent. There also needs to be some compassion thrown in there for these couples who are struggling emotionally on their infertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Heiner is very knowledgeable and has been doing for 20+ years. But, because of this, I feel like he has lost how to make any sort of patient Dr connection. He also seemed to want to rush through the apt and missed a few things in my husband’s file. At another apt he answered a personal phone call while we were sitting in his office going over our next steps. They more we saw him the more he grew on me, but I still feel like he’s not super approachable.
Describe the protocols James Heiner used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
We decided to consult with another doctor before we started IVF with Dr Heiner. As of now we are still just using clomid until we make out final doctor decision
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
Jane was really great and always was very compassionate and willing to take time to answer our questions on the phone. He has another nurse (I don’t know her name) that was not great. From forgetting to request a certain blood draw so I had to drive back in to get it done & a few other issues. I’m chalking it up to maybe her being new?
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are the cheapest in Utah and also price match. Front desk ladies are super kind and helpful. Heiner’s billing dept was also very helpful in explaining & breaking down the costs. I will say this clinic is ok, but not great. if I was still there I would have switched to a different doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
He is extremely caring but also extremely proactive, which I need for my diagnosis [my AMH at 1.21 (14%)]. He didn’t sugarcoat the urgency that we needed to get the ball rolling, but acknowledged the pain and sorrow I’m feeling. He explained that unfortunately i was dealt with a bad deck of cards but he is still hopeful. He said “Let’s jump on this horse and run as fast as we can before your eggs are gone”. I needed that.
The first time I called [RRC] to schedule my first consultation, I was extremely nervous and worried, the lady that helped me was so kind and she knew how to make you feel better about making that initial phone call. Every time I’ve called with questions about appointments, payments, medication, etc. they always immediately directed me to the right person. They are very extremely personal and kind.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Honest, proactive, timely, caring, knowledgeable. My experience with Harry Hatasaka has been what I needed. I understand fully what’s going on with my situation and I feel that I am under the best hands.
Be prepared to get the ball rolling
He is extremely caring but also extremely proactive, which I need for my diagnosis. He didn’t sugarcoat the urgency that we needed to get the ball rolling, but acknowledged the pain and sorrow I’m feeling. He explained that unfortunately i was dealt with a bad deck of cards but he is still hopeful. He said “Let’s jump on this horse and run as fast as we can before your eggs are gone”. I needed that.
I was referred to Harry Hatasaka from my OB after Clomid and Femara didn’t work. He does a series of 5 tests (I did 3 with my OB. HSG, semen analysis, blood work). With Hatasaka I did the final 2 tests, a very thorough blood test for my eggs, an ultrasound to see what was going on while I was on my period, and we also did a genetic test. Everything was looking very good until my blood test came back. It came back extremely low. On a scale from 1 to 20 for my quantity, it unfortunately came back as a 4 and my AMH at 1.21 (14%). We are officially starting me on the hormone shots in the next few weeks. And if I only release a certain amount of eggs, I’ll jump right into IVF. As of right now, IVF is looking like the best bet to have my own biological child.
Extremely proactive and determined to get the ball rolling
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The first time I called to schedule my first consultation, I was extremely nervous and worried, the lady that helped me was so kind and she knew how to make you feel better about making that initial phone call. Every time I’ve called with questions about appointments, payments, medication, etc. they always immediately directed me to the right person. They are very extremely personal and kind.
With a few consultations, ultrasounds, bloodwork, I’m around $1000-$1500. My first round of shots is expected to be around $2500. The IVF plan we are going with is around $24,000.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Giliand was completely up on our charts recognized it had been a while and that we were ready to move forward to figure out our treatment plan. THAT appointment was the comfort my husband needed and I am so grateful he felt that as it helped us keep moving forward to testing and treatment the last 9 months!...Since we are in the unexplained category, we decided to try 3 months with oral medication to help improve ovulation as we had not been tracking ovulation in the past. This was a good stepping stone and light way to start our infertility journey. The 4th month we did the oral medication and an IUI, which was unsuccessful. Ou
This clinic [Reproductive Care Center] has brought us so much hope, comfort and knowledge in our infertility journey. We wouldn't be in this process without their amazing clinic. We are so grateful to have such a great time helping us reach our goals to grow our family...Our original plan included 3 IUI's before thinking about IVF...For our 3rd IUI cycle, we started injections along with the oral medication...Most of our experiences with the nursing team at both the Clearfield and Sandy offices have been amazing. We had one cycle that a nurse we saw when we went in for an ultrasound gave us terrible feedback and hope to say the least. We ended up cancelling that cycle. Obviously being frustrated after that, our clinic knows we will not see that nurse again. Every other team member has been great. Informative, professional, helpful and gives us the hope we need throughout this journey!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Giliand was very upfront and respectful of our situation. We had just gotten married 3 months to our consultation and actually did not start taking oral medications and tracking ovulation for 13 months after our consultation. When we went back in after those 13 months for our testing (it took that much time to let my husband come to terms with possibly having confirmation he couldn't have babies as he had always been told) it was as if our consultation was the month before. Dr. Giliand was completely up on our charts recognized it had been a while and that we were ready to move forward to figure out our treatment plan. THAT appointment was the comfort my husband needed and I am so grateful he felt that as it helped us keep moving forward to testing and treatment the last 9 months!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Be completely open to all possibilities. Dr. Giliand is reaching for the same goal you are, for you to conceive! Ask questions, as many questions as you have (even uncomfortable ones like my husband asking the best positions to help our chances!)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Giliand was very professional and comforting from the first time we sat down with him. We originally scheduled a consultation based on my husband always being told he would never be able to have children. You can imagine our excitement being put in the "unexplained infertility" category after him thinking that most of his life!
Describe the protocols John Gililland used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Since we are in the unexplained category, we decided to try 3 months with oral medication to help improve ovulation as we had not been tracking ovulation in the past. This was a good stepping stone and light way to start our infertility journey. The 4th month we did the oral medication and an IUI, which was unsuccessful. Our original plan included 3 IUI's before thinking about IVF as he was pretty confident we shouldnt need IVF. For our 3rd IUI cycle, we started injections along with the oral medication. Fingers crossed as we go in for our 3rd IUI within the next week or so. As we dont want to completely burn through insurance coverage with IUI's ans ultrasounds, we will move to IVF if we don't get our lucky, 3rd times a charm IUI positive!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic has brought us so much hope, comfort and knowledge in our infertility journey. We wouldn't be in this process without their amazing clinic. We are so grateful to have such a great time helping us reach our goals to grow our family and give our fur babies a sibling!♡
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center.
It's always so crazy to me insurance costs are always more than out of pocket. Our IUI out of pocket cost was $510 while they billed our insurance about $830. We dont quite have IVF costs as we are doing one more IUI cycle before an IVF consultation for costs and to determine a plan with our doctor.
Describe John Gililland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
We have not yet had IVF consultation in depth. No feedback on transfers just yet!
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Hatasaka] is very very knowledgeable. He explains everything very well and you understand every treatment. Because he explains so well you are in the office for sometime. However I am very grateful for the time he spend with us. ... The Dr talked to us and explained in great detail of what was going on. He took a lot of time and answered a lot of our questions. We felt like we were human and we mattered
They [Reproductive Care Center] were all very kind and understanding. I was impressed on how much information we did get. I am was a little disappointed that we never heard on what treatment plan the Dr wanted us to do. But we still plan on going back once we have the money. We really liked how kind they were. ... We never received a call back regarding if my insurance will cover part of the treatment. We also never got a call back on which IVF package would be best for me.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very very knowledgeable. He explains everything very well and you understand every treatment. Because he explains so well you are in the office for sometime. However I am very grateful for the time he spend with us.
Make sure you have half a day off work! Otherwise you will love him. He is so knowledgeable and wants to work with you so hopefully you will have a baby!
I have tried time intercourse and IUI at another office. So far I have only had a consult with him. I was never told at my other office why things didn’t work. He however told me I had a high AMH but no other symptoms of PCOS so he diagnosed me with PCOM. So our next step is to do IVF. We plan on doing two fresh cycles and all the frozen embryos we get. We also plan on doing genetic testing because we aren’t sure with my high AMH how my follicles are going to be. We are just waiting at this point because we are not financially ready.
The nursing staff was really nice as I sat crying in their office. However they were suppose to call me with what the Dr. thought was best for me and we never heard anything. I have had to call.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They were all very kind and understanding. I was impressed on how much information we did get. I am was a little disappointed that we never heard on what treatment plan the Dr wanted us to do. But we still plan on going back once we have the money. We really liked how kind they were.
I think it’s about average. For a two fresh cycle abour 14,000. For a 4 fresh cycle 24,000.
We are a little concerned that he won’t do a multiple embryo transfer. We are hoping with genetic testing that things will be okay. We don’t really want twins however we would also like it to work. We did like him and the office that we just hope it works.

2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Blauer] was great to work with. My husband did have some issues with him. When we did our FET we were hoping to transfer two embryos... Dr Blauer only allowed us to transfer one embryo due to the clinic having issues with insurance companies having them listed as a preferred provider although we were completely self pay, our insurance didn’t even cover our intial diagnosis bloodwork.... For our two IUIs we did Femara, HCG trigger shot, and progesterone
I really enjoyed the staff there [Reproductive Care Center]. They were always very happy to see me and made me feel comfortable. I have a friend who also went to RCC and had a completely different experience. I was always greeted with a smile and a “how are you?” ... They ran things very well. There were only a couple times they called me back before they were ready for me, but the wait was never too long.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was great to work with. My husband did have some issues with him. When we did our FET we were hoping to transfer two embryos, Dr. Blauer told us we wouldn’t be able to because the clinic might be dropped as a preferred provider for different insurances. We paid for everything out of pocket, our insurance didn’t pay for anything. We didn’t love that but dealt with it.
Be completely open and honest about how you’re feeling with your treatment plan
He was honest about what he thought our chances were.
For our two IUIs we did Femara, HCG trigger shot, and progesterone along with baseline ultrasounds and follicle scans. I don’t remember the specifics for our FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
They were very nice. They communicated very well with me. When I did my pregnancy test the nurse that called me told me my HCG number, which was very low but a positive, and said “I’m cautiously optimistic for you,” which helped me a lot. She didn’t get my hopes up too high but wasn’t totally bumming out either
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I really enjoyed the staff there. They were always very happy to see me and made me feel comfortable. I have a friend who also went to RCC and had a completely different experience. I was always greeted with a smile and a “how are you?” She felt ignored and like they were too busy for her.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center.
So with our egg retrieval, ICSI, the FET, and storage we paid right around $11,000.
I mentioned this earlier but Dr Blauer only allowed us to transfer one embryo due to the clinic having issues with insurance companies having them listed as a preferred provider although we were completely self pay, our insurance didn’t even cover our intial diagnosis bloodwork.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained, Other
He [Dr. Hatasaka] was very patient and took the time to fully explain all scenarios possible as well as the steps necessary in result to getting pregnant. He made sure we were aware and familiar with each step while never rushing us out the door....He did a fantastic job walking us through this process. He is very thorough and detailed when relaying information or test results to patients. He does a great job at taking into consideration the emotional struggle infertility causes and is very sensitive when discussing options.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is nice, clean and the staff is exceptionally nice. The only downfall is if you're a new patient it may take you a little bit to get an appointment. But the nursing team, doctors and facilities are worth waiting for if you are starting the fertility journey.... They are very informative, welcoming and compassionate.... He [Dr. Hatasaka] did a fantastic job walking us through this process. He is very thorough and detailed when relaying information
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He did a fantastic job walking us through this process. He is very thorough and detailed when relaying information or test results to patients. He does a great job at taking into consideration the emotional struggle infertility causes and is very sensitive when discussing options. We have not had a dissappointing experience with Dr. Hatasaka
He will take care of you the best he can. He is patient, knowledgeable and cares for his patients. He wants success for a couple just as much as we do.
He was very patient and took the time to fully explain all scenarios possible as well as the steps necessary in result to getting pregnant. He made sure we were aware and familiar with each step while never rushing us out the door.
I have been on Femara days 5-7 and using an OPK ovulation kit to detect my ovulation. Once that occurs, I have been given direct numbers to his nurses who then arrange an IUI immediately. They are available 7 days a week. Dr. Hatasaka has switched my medication from clomid to see if it will result differently. He has a very clear plan for us as we continue into different phases or procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Becky)
They are very informative, welcoming and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is nice, clean and the staff is exceptionally nice. The only downfall is if you're a new patient it may take you a little bit to get an appointment. But the nursing team, doctors and facilities are worth waiting for if you are starting the fertility journey.
Because my insurance doesn't cover fertility costs, we've paid out of pocket this far. Therefore, our initial cost about $120. Around $300 for testing, results and consolation. $500 for each IUI procedure. Medications were $9 each round.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
The first time my husband and I went in for a consultation I was very nervous. Dr. Gililland could tell and was there to reassure me that he would do everything to get me pregnant. We did lots of testing and blood work and were set to do IUI my next cycle. I went in for an ultrasound the start of my next cycle and they found an endometromia.... Dr. Gililland decided the next best thing would be surgery to remove my endometromia. I agreed and we proceeded. While I was very disappointed and was super excited to try IUI
The nursing staff and RCC has always been very nice and easy to work with. The only complaint I have is it's hard to get a hold of them when I have a question. I understand they are busy but when it takes more then 24 hours on regular work days it gets a little frustrating. They are however awesome when I go in. Very understanding and explain what they are doing very well.... The most frustrating thing for me is I never get a bill.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
The first time my husband and I went in for a consultation I was very nervous. Dr. Gililland could tell and was there to reassure me that he would do everything to get me pregnant. We did lots of testing and blood work and were set to do IUI my next cycle. I went in for an ultrasound the start of my next cycle and they found an endometromia. Of course not the news I wanted but what I got. Dr. Gililland decided the next best thing would be surgery to remove my endometromia. I agreed and we proceeded. While I was very disappointed and was super excited to try IUI I knew this was the best think for me. He did the surgery and found a lot more then he was expecting but was able to get it all out. I had some complications after and dr. Gililland worked through them with me never dismissing me and always there to help with my concerns. He even called me from his home phone to make sure I was doing okay. We are now starting to do testing and things to get ready for IVF. I would recommend Dr. Gililland
Be open to what he has to say and make sure to ask as many questions as you have. He gives very detailed answers and will give you all the information you need.
Dr. Gililland has been an amazing doctor and treats me like human instead of a numberq. He is very caring and cares about everything my husband and I are going through. He makes sure to always answer my questions and he is always there calm my concerns. He makes it a point to talk about other things and get to know us at every appointment.
The first treatment I did was femara (a pill like clomid). It didn't give the results we wanted, so we did further testing. The next thing we were going to try was IUI, however the nurse found an endometromia and so surgery was the next thing we did to remove the endometrioma. And finally we are currently working towards IVF. Hoping that it gives successful results.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The overall clinic is pretty good. The most frustrating thing for me is I never get a bill. They just tell me each appointment how much money I owe. I don't know exactly what I'm paying for. I am the type of person who likes to see what I'm paying for. Other then that the front desk is great at getting me in when it's convenient for me and the location of the clinic is easy to get to.
The costs differ for sure but they are the best prices I have found. Testing, ultrasounds, and blood work cost about $1000. When we do IVF we will be paying around $9000 for one round.
The first time Dr. Gililland told me he did eSET it was very hard for me to hear. I was hoping to transfer more embryos and hopefully have a higher chance of getting pregnant. I am now on board with it and understand his logic.

2017 - 2019
I asked if I could transfer more than one embryo with IVF. He [Dr. John Gililland] said no. I asked well isn’t it my choice as the patient. He said no... well I mean yeah it is. And that’s where he proceeded to laugh in my face and make me feel stupid. Then, quickly off to billing! I wish he would tactfully explain all the reasons he advised only one embryo... Low dose femara with gonal f injections and times intercourse. Pregnant with a miscarriage. Same doses for second cycle. Not pregnant. Third high dose of injectables and femara and iui Not pregnant. Femara and iui not pregnant.
Most of the time when we show up on time we are waiting for a lot longer than normal [at RRC-Clearfield]. The nurses are really great to work with especially over the phone. It may take them a little bit to call you back, but they do return your call. The last time I went there I was out in the waiting room and one of the girls by the front desk was very obnoxious and gossiping. It felt very unprofessional.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I had a miscarriage with the first treatment. Understandable that things happen. But when I went in for a follow after I had passed everything I felt very heartbroken and was hoping to feel some comfort from the staff. Nope. Nothing. I was called into the back, had my blood drawn, and the nurse said “K, you know what to do.” Meaning strip from the waist down to do an ultrasound. Umm yeah. Very unprofessional. I was so mad. The last 3 appointments with Dr. G he has rushed me to billing without first wanting to answer all my questions. We were VERY discouraged after he required me to get ANOTHER hysteroscopy surgery before doing IVF after the fact I just had it done 6 months prior which also included laparoscopic surgery. Then telling us he won’t let me do IVF at all until he does the surgery. We feel like he is in it for the money. I will never go back to RCC. I don’t like a doctor laughing in my face for honest questions I have.
Don’t let him get up and send you away until you have all your questions answered. Know your rights as a patient.
After each consultation with the doctor I was rushed into billing. Then finding out I would have to wait for few months to get into the next batch of people before doing IVF. It wasn’t just a personal journey, and my own timing. it felt like I had to be on a schedule with tons of other people to make it worth his time.
First cycle. Low dose femara with gonal f injections and times intercourse. Pregnant with a miscarriage. Same doses for second cycle. Not pregnant. Third high dose of injectables and femara and iui Not pregnant. Femara and iui not pregnant.
I loved Amy and heather very much! They were very compassionate toward me and my husband. They answered all my questions and stayed to explain things until I understood. One nurse I don’t know her name was the one that said “you know what to do” after my miscarriage. I really don’t like her. She’s not very personable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Most of the time when we show up on time we are waiting for a lot longer than normal. The nurses are really great to work with especially over the phone. It may take them a little bit to call you back, but they do return your call. The last time I went there I was out in the waiting room and one of the girls by the front desk was very obnoxious and gossiping. It felt very unprofessional.
HSG $300 SHG $300 in office hysteroscopy $400 consult $200 Ultrasounds $250 injections $400-$600
I asked if I could transfer more than one embryo with IVF. He said no. I asked well isn’t it my choice as the patient. He said no... well I mean yeah it is. And that’s where he proceeded to laugh in my face and make me feel stupid. Then, quickly off to billing! I wish he would tactfully explain all the reasons he advised only one embryo

2016 - 2019
Dr. Heiner was very compassionate. Our first treatment with him resulted in a full term stillbirth. He was very understanding and empathetic when we wanted to try again for another baby. ... Treatment started with baseline labs, a HSG , ultrasound and sperm testing. We decided to go conservative at first. Using clomid 100mg days 3-7 and metformin 500mg TID (for PCOS) as well as OTC Ovaboost and prenatals. Ultrasound was conducted at cycle day 3 to ensure no cysts and view folicles as well as labs.
Nice waiting room, friendly front office staff [Reproductive Care Center]. All departments are very good at returning calls. Very accomidating hours and are available every day. Clean and up to date equipment. Very spacious treatment rooms. Reasonable prices and wonderful guarantee for more expensive procedures. ... She was wonderful with answering questions, returning phone calls and being understanding.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner gave a full description of possible treatment options, answered all of our questions and was very compassionate and thorough at each appointment. He knew the science and research behind what he was doing, but still took the time to relate and socialize with us.
Know all of your options and rely on Dr. Heiner's experience and knowledge to guide you to the right decisions.
Treatment started with baseline labs, a HSG , ultrasound and sperm testing. We decided to go conservative at first. Using clomid 100mg days 3-7 and metformin 500mg TID (for PCOS) as well as OTC Ovaboost and prenatals. Ultrasound was conducted at cycle day 3 to ensure no cysts and view folicles as well as labs. He recc OPK clearblue digital and intercourse every other day on cycle days 10-18. This resulted in a pregnancy the first time. Unfortunately we had a full term stillbirth that pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Nice waiting room, friendly front office staff. All departments are very good at returning calls. Very accomidating hours and are available every day. Clean and up to date equipment. Very spacious treatment rooms. Reasonable prices and wonderful guarantee for more expensive procedures.
Co-pay as I previously had insurance that covered my treatment.
Describe James Heiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Keith Blauer] had me do 4 cycles of clomid and femara on days 3-7 of each cycle with times intercourse from ovulation predictor kits. After 4 cycles without success he suggested moving on to IUI. My husband and I are just saving money to continue with IUI, but in the meantime Dr. Blauer put me on metformin to regulate menstruation/ovulation. I am still taking femara days 3-7 of my cycles.... He seemed very personable and there to help us in a very uncomfortable situation. Nobody wants to have to go to a fertility doctor. So he made it more comfortable to speak about our situation. He sometimes can forget to "dumb things down" so I can understand things though. I would make sure to have plenty of questions to ask so I understood everything.
I think this clinic [RCC-Sandy] is awesome. It is clean, the doctors, nurses, and staff are all so nice and helpful. I don't think they have any weaknesses. I would recommend the entire team and clinic to anyone I know in the same situation.... They were wonderful in helping me feel more at ease with my fertility situation. They definitely made sure I understood the next steps to take in order to get where we wanted to be..... My insurance had a $50 copay for a specialist office. Of course all of the preliminary tests were out of pockets so we have probably spent close to $5000 on those tests.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Go to each appointment with questions that you have so you can get them answered. Everyone is so knowledgeable and they can help you understand the whole fertility process a little better.
He truly cared about what my husband and I had to say. We have been trying to conceive for 6 years and it felt like he cared and tried to give us solutions to help.
He had me do 4 cycles of clomid and femara on days 3-7 of each cycle with times intercourse from ovulation predictor kits. After 4 cycles without success he suggested moving on to IUI. My husband and I are just saving money to continue with IUI, but in the meantime Dr. Blauer put me on metformin to regulate menstruation/ovulation. I am still taking femara days 3-7 of my cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I think this clinic is awesome. It is clean, the doctors, nurses, and staff are all so nice and helpful. I don't think they have any weaknesses. I would recommend the entire team and clinic to anyone I know in the same situation.

2016 - 2019
We have had nothing but amazing experiences with Dr. Blauer. I can't remember a time I have left not knowing what was going on in our cycle, protocol or what to expect next. He anwsers all of our questions in depth, he is very understanding and has the best bedside manner. He has called us to simply check on us after failed FETs. He truly wants his patients to take a baby home!... We had been treated with my regular obgyn and failed 6 IUIS. We knew it was time to see a RE. He gave us the opposite to do one IUI
Easy to communicate with scheduling, nursing teams, payment coordinators, etc. I have been pleased all around with the clinic staff [Reproductive Care Center] and friendliness.... The particular nurse mentioned is amazing at coordinating and communicating most definitely. She is whom I communicate with the most. On our first failed cycle I felt like she lacked a lot of empathy and was put off by that. I do love and amazed by his staff in the Idaho Clinic. They are amazing all around. .
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
That they truly would not be disappointed with his care. We couldn't of picked a more dedicated doctor than him!
DR. BLAUER HAS THE MOST AMAZING BEDSIDE MANNER, WILL SIT AND ANWSER ALL OUR QUESTIONS IN DEPTH AND RESEARCH EVERYTHING WE BRING UP IF HE HASN'T USED THAT PARTICULAR PROTOCOL. HE IS SUCH AN AMAZING DOCTOR TO WORK WITH!
We had been treated with my regular obgyn and failed 6 IUIS. We knew it was time to see a RE. He gave us the opposite to do one IUI, with days 3-7 at 75mg of Femera, that was a negative pregnancy test. We waited 2 years until we were able to go to IVF. The STIM medications I used for 9 days (Gonal F, Cetrocide, Menopur, baby aspirin, over the counter vitamins) we had an egg retrieval where I was at risk for hyperstimulation and opted to do a freeze all and do a transfer the following month. We are male factor so we did ICSI. Our first transfer failed so we are not trying to get another protocol set for FET 2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Sam Wright)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Easy to communicate with scheduling, nursing teams, payment coordinators, etc. I have been pleased all around with the clinic staff and friendliness. I remember having issues with prior nurses and their communicating but have had no issues with the current staff. Highly recommend Dr Blauers team!
Monitoring appointments were scheduled, comfortingly, not rush and organized. I've never felt like a number or cattle call in their clinic.
My husband and I received a free cycle through the Footsteps for Fertility Run organization. We revieved a free IVF Cycle and monitoring for no cost. We paid $3800 for medications roughly, $518 for embroyo storage, other minor associated costs. Our first Frozen embryo transfer failed and we preparing for FET 2..
Dr Blauer always encourages 1 embroyo with our specific treatment. He encourages 1 for multiple reasons. Mother and bab(ies) in mind.

Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The doctor [Dr. Hatasaka] is very warm and caring. In comparing him with other doctors, he is very personable and you can tell he is in your corner. He really seems to like his patients and desire their success. He gave us a very thorough explanation of all the procedures and testing.... We were first treated for male Factor infertility. After lots of testing our doctor determined varicoceles as the main fertility issue. I receive surgery and testing was done later to determine effectiveness.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is very nice and well-organized. The website is not very user-friendly in the IVF portal. I have found it fairly difficult to track test results and make payments using the online system. However they are very quick and eager to help when problems arise.... The only thing that went wrong was the sharing of results between my urologist and my fertility doctor at RCC
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
The doctor is very warm and caring. In comparing him with other doctors, he is very personable and you can tell he is in your corner. He really seems to like his patients and desire their success. He gave us a very thorough explanation of all the procedures and testing. He gave us extra information on things that we had already undergone as well. He explained to us what are options were oh, what he thought would be best, and why it would be best
The doctor is phenomenal. If you would rather not have a lot of information and education he might not be the doctor you want. He also speaks fairly quietly.
The doctor was very warm and friendly. He walked us through all of the information in our infertility and had a genuine care for our success.
We were first treated for male Factor infertility. After lots of testing our doctor determined varicoceles as the main fertility issue. I receive surgery and testing was done later to determine effectiveness. After failed IUI attempts more testing was conducted and pcom was diagnosed by our doctor. IVF with icsi was determined to be the best option
The nursing team is very friendly and outgoing. They work hard to make sure that you are comfortable and cared for. Sometimes the wait can take a while
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is very nice and well-organized. The website is not very user-friendly in the IVF portal. I have found it fairly difficult to track test results and make payments using the online system. However they are very quick and eager to help when problems arise.
Cost have been very expensive but not really any more than most fertility places. Our insurance does not cover any infertility treatment.
Are doctor suggest a single Embryo transfer and gave us solid explanation for why that is their strategy.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [RRC-Sandy] also has a mandatory IVF class that patients need to take before starting. The class was 3 hours of a PowerPoint presentation. It was grueling, but extremely informational. We had some prior knowledge of what to expect, but it’s was extremely helpful and we even practiced mixing together the medicine for injections and giving them to fake belly’s. The nurse giving the class gave a great piece of advice, “never feel like you’re asking too many questions or think you are bothering us because you’re not. This is our job and we are here to help you.” It was really nice to hear that, because there is so much information and it’s extremely overwhelming and at times confusing. So to have the staff be supportive is another weight lifted.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I was desperately seeking some warm bedside manner after our last Dr. I’m extremely sensitive and want to be fully trusting in our doctor. Dr. Hatasaka has a very quiet voice and I had to strain to hear him, but he has such a warm welcoming aura, and such an empathetic tenderness towards his patients. I could tell that his patients came first, and that’s what sold me. He gave us full explanations on what to expect and what our best options were. My husband and I never felt we were pushed into one option and then told to do a bunch of tests without knowing what they were for. The level of detail that is provided is such a big deal for me because I truly want to understand what we are putting into our bodies and what each thing is for. I’ve only gone to see Dr. Hatasaka a couple times but we are now to the stage of invitro and I am extremely comfortable in his care.
He is in high demand so you might have to wait a while for a consultation.
He took so much time to go over our new found test results (my PCOM, a form of PCOS) and was very empathetic while we absorbed the new and heartbreaking information. He and his staff are great at breaking down every piece of information and explaining the reasoning for each thing. He even explained the history of PCOS and explained the differences. I tried to do internet research on it, and there really is nothing that comes up for PCOM, so I was extremely grateful for his insight. Instead of it being a business transaction, he is helping us have a baby and that is his number one concern.
So far we have just done some preliminary blood tests before we proceed onto IVF. Such as infectious disease, OAR, baseline ultrasound and a saline sonogram to check my follicles in resting stage and ovulation and a couple others (I can’t remember the abbreviation). He and his staff explained why we needed to wait at certain times in my cycle to do the tests to get the best results. The baseline ultrasound was to show a resting stage of the ovaries and the saline sonogram was to show the active stage of the ovaries, and they were able to measure follicle sizes that way. He did say that he would be monitoring my bloodwork closely when we start doing injections and adjust prescriptions as needed, since I am now at a risk to hyperstimulate.
Andrea is extremely knowledgeable and organized, I’ve only worked with her a few times since we’ve switched, but she is punctual about getting results back and great at explaining them over the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Overall I have had a good experience at this clinic. Obviously getting bad news sucks anywhere, but the staff has always been kind and helpful. They are great at explaining the billing and are willing to call insurance companies. They know that most insurance companies don’t pay, so they have a lot of options for payment plans. When I have called after hours to schedule, they are usually pretty prompt about getting back to me in the morning, and they really work with your schedule to make appointments work. I really didn’t know what to expect as far as a clinic runs but I’ve had friends go to other clinics that were not upfront about telling them the price of procedures. I did not experience that here, the billing staff was extremely thorough about all of the procedures and different options, and the pricing was broken down exactly. The clinic also has a mandatory IVF class that patients need to take before starting. The class was 3 hours of a PowerPoint presentation. It was grueling, but extremely informational. We had some prior knowledge of what to expect, but it’s was extremely helpful and we even practiced mixing together the medicine for injections and giving them to fake belly’s. The nurse giving the class gave a great piece of advice, “never feel like you’re asking too many questions or think you are bothering us because you’re not. This is our job and we are here to help you.” It was really nice to hear that, because there is so much information and it’s extremely overwhelming and at times confusing. So to have the staff be supportive is another weight lifted.
The billing team gave us a list of breakdown prices with and without medications. They offer a money back guarantee which starts at $24,000 and can go up. This does not include medications. Our insurance was billed for the bloodwork, the saline sonogram was paid out of pocket for $460. We haven’t received a bill yet for our bloodwork, so I’m not sure the amount we will have to pay yet. We switched doctors within the clinic and I was concerned we would have to pay another consultation fee, but they waived it.
This was very interesting to me, I thought that protocol was to place multiple embryos but Dr. Hatasaka explained that there is technology now to get the embryos to a more advanced stage so the likelihood of them implanting is much more successful. He explained that your body is more likely to accept one, rather than multiples because you’re body is trying to provide nutrients to the embryos but can be spread thin if there is more than one. So now normal protocol is one embryo because you are more likely to have a live birth which is the goal!

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Heiner] is very knowledgeable and has been in the industry a long time. He explained things but always in a rushed manner. I often felt like my appointments were a rush through the assembly line. After my ectopic pregnancy I came back for a consult to start again. Dr. Heiner was tactless in his appraisal of me. I sat outside his open office door while his nurse reminded him who I was. He proceeded to talk about my BMI and said how very fat I was.
Overall, the clinic [Reproductive Care Center] and clinic staff were pleasant to work with. Saturday appointments can be confusing. They don't always have someone at the front desk and instead you have to sign in on a kiosk. The kiosk hardly ever worked properly so you could be sitting for 15 - 20 minutes before they would realize you're there.... The nurses were wonderful in comparison to the poor experience with the Doctor. They always got back to me the same day if I had questions.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very knowledgeable and has been in the industry a long time. He explained things but always in a rushed manner. I often felt like my appointments were a rush through the assembly line. After my ectopic pregnancy I came back for a consult to start again. Dr. Heiner was tactless in his appraisal of me. I sat outside his open office door while his nurse reminded him who I was. He proceeded to talk about my BMI and said how very fat I was.
He's knowledgeable and gets results. But at the expense of humanity and compassion.
Appointments always felt very rushed. He made very little eye contact with my spouse and myself. When we had our first pregnancy that resulted in an ectopic miscarriage he was emotionless, a quick, "sorry, that happens" and that was it.
I don't ovulate or have regular cycles. Dr. Heiner had me take progesterone to begin cycles and from there a combination of Femara and steroids to get me to ovulate and grow some large eggs. That dose was raised once or twice learned quickly that my body was not responding to the Femara or Clomid medication. From there we went to injectible medications: FSH trigger shots and gondotrophins. We had success with this combination, I finally ovulated and grew some large eggs for the IUI procedures. He also discovered the thyroid medication i was taking was not quite what it should be and boosted that medication to a higher dose, making me feel a lot better as far as energy, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
The nurses were wonderful in comparison to the poor experience with the Doctor. They always got back to me the same day if I had questions. They were sympathetic and compassionate. They often went over things with me after I met with the doctor because he went over things so quickly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Overall, the clinic and clinic staff were pleasant to work with. Saturday appointments can be confusing. They don't always have someone at the front desk and instead you have to sign in on a kiosk. The kiosk hardly ever worked properly so you could be sitting for 15 - 20 minutes before they would realize you're there.
We had pretty good insurance at the time. One IUI cycle with injectible medications was around $900. The ultrasounds with our insurance were $300 each time. That got expensive, quickly.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Gililland] was a great listener and explainer from the very beginning. He was willing to go at my pace and ensure I had all the information along the way. He never once made me feel judged or shamed. Through different procedures and diagnostic studies he could tell I was nervous for some of them and made sure I was confident and ready before he proceeded. He helped me feel relaxed and understood.
They [Reproductive Care Center] close early on Wednesday’s and aren’t open some fridays. You have to call the office before 4 pm usually if you need something that day which can be hard if you work. The staff has been good to work with. The sitting room is inviting and homey. ... Another [nurse] stayed with me during my X-ray just because she could tell I was nervous and because of the exposure of the X-ray my husband couldn’t be present but she stayed by my side and encouraged me and talked me through it.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was a great listener and explainer from the very beginning. He was willing to go at my pace and ensure I had all the information along the way. He never once made me feel judged or shamed. Through different procedures and diagnostic studies he could tell I was nervous for some of them and made sure I was confident and ready before he proceeded. He helped me feel relaxed and understood.
What are you waiting for?! :)
He took time to listen to my every woe and concern, didn’t rush our apptments and made certain I had could make informed decisions nd felt comfortable with each step. He didn’t come across judgmental and made me feel like he wanted my success too!
We did a good amount of dx studies at first , labs, X-ray, follicular studies, ovulation tests, more labs. When my prolactin levels resulted in high levels, he order an MRI to rule out a pituitary tumor. Knowing this was causing me some concern he made sure to get the results and treatment plan to me soon after the MRI. I take bromocriptine for my prolactin and have tried ovulation enhancing drugs a couple of cycles now. We’re in the process of now deciding to try IUI or other options.
The nurses were so caring. One in particular did an internal ultrasound on me and was so gentle. She explained each step as she went and explained what it was she was looking for and what the results meant. Another stayed with me during my X-ray just because she could tell I was nervous and because of the exposure of the X-ray my husband couldn’t be present but she stayed by my side and encouraged me and talked me through it. I was so grateful!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only thing I don’t love are the hours are a little tricky! They close early on Wednesday’s and aren’t open some fridays. You have to call the office before 4 pm usually if you need something that day which can be hard if you work. The staff has been good to work with. The sitting room is inviting and homey. The office is nice as well. They put cute booties over the stirrups to make them feel less intimidating.
I do t recall exactly but when I was doing research they were the most affordable clinic I found. And we’re good about telling me costs of things. I was double covered for the first little while and don’t remember paying much if anything for diagnostic testing (besides the MRI) but even after that it’s been affordable so far
+ Read more- Read less

I have only actually met with Dr. G[ililland] once, during the consult. The rest of the time my care was monitored by nurses. My husband and I had heard that he was great and so instead of going to the clinic closest to us, we traveled an extra two hours to be under his care. However, he hasn't ever met with us to discuss test results or what my infertility may be stemming from...seemed very knowledgable on paper and the one time we met.
I have never had a nurse or doctor [at Reproductive Care Center] call with test results. I have always had to call them to find the results. Also, they didn't really explain the results and what that means for our fertility plan/journey...The consult was reduced if you had a referring friend. A round of shots cost $497 shipped overnight. My IUI cost 417 out of pocket. Each ultrasound was $250...I have been to all three offices, and all are nice. It seems like they manage to squeeze you in when needed. They work with your insurance. The clinic is comfortable and homey which is nice. I think they sometimes need to print bills and show you what you are being charged for, rather than just telling you a lump sum. I also think that some explanation of how some things work and what to expect. The overall feeling is that they care.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. G seemed very knowledgable on paper and the one time we met. However, I have only ever spent 40 or so minutes with him in the time (5 months) I have been in his care. The one time he passed us in the hall on our way to our IUI and he didn't even say hi or check on us. I feel like my husband and I are the ones in charge of our treatment. We are new to seeking treatment, so we were really hoping for a doctor that could guide us in what is the best course of action for our secondary infertility, but it almost seems like our case is "boring" so not worth his time.
Be vocal. Make sure to write down all of your questions before meeting with the doctor so you make the most of the consult.
I have only actually met with Dr. G once, during the consult. The rest of the time my care was monitored by nurses. My husband and I had heard that he was great and so instead of going to the clinic closest to us, we traveled an extra two hours to be under his care. However, he hasn't ever met with us to discuss test results or what my infertility may be stemming from.
When I first met with Dr. G, we have been on Clomid for 6 months. Immediately after our consult we received a semen analysis and egg examination. We started injections (114 mg)and a trigger shot with timed intercourse. It was told that we shouldn't have a problem getting pregnant. The first cycle resulted in a negative test. The second cycle we upped the meds to 132 mg and timed intercourse. The last cycle was increased to 175 mg and I ovulated on my own with IUI. One week later the nurses called to inform me that Dr. G had yet to ask for Progesterone test one week after ovulation. It was suggested I get one done. This cycle has also resulted in a negative test. I am unsure of the rationale, as I was the one who asked to do an IUI. Again, I haven't spoken to Dr. G since the consult so I am not sure why the treatment is the course he went with.
The nurses were always kind and positive. They were compassionate and the nurse that performed my IUI was very informative. They do take a while to call back, which can be frustrating especially in a time crunch, but I am sure they are busy.
+ Read more- Read less

We came up with a game plan [with Dr. Blauer] of how many iuis we would try before moving onto Ivf as an option. We have male factor infertility and have chosen to use donor sperm to try to get pregnant through iui...Some strengths for dr Blauer would be the ability to talk to you kindly but also get the facts across to you, I like that he didn’t mess around with guessing issues but instead ran many tests for us to find out what was wrong.
Both nurses I have seen for iui [at Reproductive Care Center] have been extremely friendly, and put me at ease during the procedures. Both were very thorough and explained everything as they were going...The clinic is clean, staff is friendly. They have multiple doctors and multiple teams of nurses. They will all assist you if you need anything, including doing procedures for you if necessary also. The only confusing thing sometimes can be billing as sometimes they have you pay when there, sometimes they bill you, sometimes it’s at the front desk, sometimes another desk as you are leaving
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
I have been seeing dr. Blauer for a couple of years now, he has always been friendly and knowledgeable. He ran many tests on both me and my husband to determine what our infertility issues may be, which I thought was very helpful instead of just guessing what issues could be. We came up with a game plan of how many iuis we would try before moving onto Ivf as an option. We have male factor infertility and have chosen to use donor sperm to try to get pregnant through iui. We are currently on our last iui cycle before moving onto Ivf Some strengths for dr Blauer would be the ability to talk to you kindly but also get the facts across to you, I like that he didn’t mess around with guessing issues but instead ran many tests for us to find out what was wrong. One thing people may not know or like is that you don’t always see him every time you go in for treatment depending on what you are going in for, generally you see his nurses if you are having an iui procedure rather than the main doctor, but if he is around you can always speak to him if you have a question. He does travel quite a bit so that could be a negative to someone, but it seems as though his traveling is to infertility conventions held in Europe yearly which could only aid in bettering him as a doctor, even when we was out of town he would schedule a phone meeting with me if I needed to speak to him which was nice that I could still speak to him while he was away Overall I would say my experience with dr Blauer and his team has been great and I would recommend him to a friend that was experiencing infertility. We are currently on our last iui before moving onto Ivf and he has been very supportive on what to expect and our options for the procedure if we do need to move onto it. He has stayed very positive throughout our treatments.
Go in with an open mind to what your treatments may include. Make sure you have a firm understanding of what you are wanting to spend, whether it would be beneficial to do some iuis first or to move directly onto Ivf. Listen to his advice as he knows what he is talking about
Dr Blauer carefully went over numerous blood tests, and ultrasounds with us to ensure we had an understanding of what our infertility issues were and what options we had as far as fertility treatments. We were able to sit for a few hours with him and ask as many questions as we wanted. We also were able to discuss personal things in our lives like family and trips and such also
We started off with the lowest dose of clomid to accompany our first couple of iuis, then after not getting pregnant moved onto using femara to see if we got a different result, we have now moved onto femara, gonal-f (450ml) and ultrasounds to check follicle size. We also discussed that for iui using my husbands sperm was not an option and so we needed to use a donor sperm for the procedures. Dr Blauer was very knowledgeable on the different sperm banks across the country and helped guide us to a credible one. All of our procedures so far I would say have gone with protocol as starting out with lower treatment options and moving to more aggressive ones at treatment continued, also the fact that we are only going to try a certain number of iuis before moving onto Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Sam or crystal )
Both nurses I have seen for iui have been extremely friendly, and put me at ease during the procedures. Both were very thorough and explained everything as they were going
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
We have had varying costs so far with iuis as we have done different medications and ultrasounds with each one they varied from about $400-1000 a cycle depending
I have no comment as of yet since we have not moved onto Ivf yet.

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Great clinic [RCC- Sandy]. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have done multiple fertility treatments. They are hard. I drove from Idaho to Sandy to see Dr. Heiner (4 hours one way) and I’ll keep doing it. He is exceptional and was easy to work with. He was blunt which was good for us so we didn’t spend our money on something that ‘might’ work. He has a lot of knowledge and experience in fertility treatments. He strives for success and do whatever he can to grow his clients families. He truly has a love for his work.
Have an open mind and don’t be afraid to ask a million questions. He’s so smart, so some things may go over your head. He will recommend a great plan for you or he will listen to what you have in mind. You won’t find a better staff. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. You’ve got this!!
Dr. Heiner always cared for my desires. I drove 4 hours to see him every time and he always cared about my travels, and asked how my first child I had with IVF. He remembered my medical history and always asked what I’d like to do as far as treatment. He answered every little question we had. We gave him the opportunity to tell us what he would recommend and he always answered in our benefit and not for money. He was honest and blunt, which is what we needed to know for our financial, mental, and physical experience. He was smart and had good faith. Not only that but his nurse was exceptional. We loved her and she was so kind and thoughtful.
He always asked if needles bugged me because there are usually other ways of taking medication. He is concerned for you and so is his nurse. I had many treatments. Everyone is so different with their cycles and how they ovulate, etc. so the treatment strategies may be completely different from what he uses on me than what he uses on another patient. But he used what was best for me. I had been through multiple clomid cycles and iuis before coming to him. So listening to what I had done in the passed helped him to know what he should do differently. I did not get pregnant with my 3 iuis I did with him so he recommended IVF (I had done 6 previous iuis with my OBGYN). When I did not get pregnant with my first IVF cycle then he changed it up which resulted in my first child. So we did the same with my third cycle hoping for baby number two, which I did get pregnant but had a miscarriage. We were still very excited that I got pregnant, and the miscarriage had nothing to do with his procedure or medication requirements. The embryo itself was not strong enough to mature. We did have baby number two with transfer four. We will do the same treatment and medications for our next child as well.
I was assigned Dr. Heiner’s nurse every cycle. Which was very nice because we became friends with so many visits and phone calls and she remembered every bit of my medical history. She was smart and on the ball. She never forgot to call in a prescription or make an appointment for me. She was quick to cal back or respond to my emails. She was very sweet and companionate whenever I did not get pregnant or had a miscarriage and was always very excited and sweet when I did get pregnant. I honestly think Rachel made my experience at RCC so amazing. You work with the Dr quite a bit but you mostly work with the nurses and I seriously could not have gotten a better nurse. She was an absolute dream. Definitely makes the experience of infertility better because of the sweet person that she is.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Great clinic. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
The clinic had multiple plans that you can choose from. The Dr worked with you to decide which one he would recommend depending on your history. But he always let you decide in the end. The fincancial advisor was smart and helpful. The let you do in-house financing or you could do your own financing. The Sr also provided a list of employers that helped paid for fertility treatments if we needed to search for help in that way. They were very smart and helpful.
With not having any children yet and not knowing how my body would do with pregnancy he recommended I do a single embryo transfer. I am so glad he did because my body does not do well with pregnancy. I am on bed rest for more than half my pregnancies due to placenta abruption. Nothing to do with IVF or how I conceived. Just how my body deals with pregnancy. Because of this I don’t think I could carry twins. So his recommendation was perfect and in my best interest.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Blauer was very good to us. He told us stories about his family and really made us feel comfortable. We felt as though he genuinely wanted to know us. He did not just talk to me (the wife) while going through the procedures. He made sure both my husband and I knew what to expect each and every time we walked into the office.... We did a few cycles of IUI with clomid (150 mg). None of which were successful. So we decided to persue IVF. I took Menopur and Gonal-f. Then pregnyl for my trigger shot.
This clinic is awesome. From the moment you walk in the door you feel so welcomed and reassured. Their receptionist gave birth to the first IVF baby in Idaho so she knows exactly what you are going through and was so wonderful to work with. They always made sure we were comfortable — gave us water, a tour of the facility, basically anything we needed.... Our IVF cycle was about $10000 with $4000 in medications and $350 for OHSS insurance.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
If you are nervous. Don’t be. Dr. Blauer will make sure to do everything he can to help you. He is such a genuinely kind man and a great doctor.
Dr Blauer is so kind an genuine. He really got to know my husband and I during our IVF cycle. We felt as though he cared for us and wanted everything to work out in our favor.
We did a few cycles of IUI with clomid (150 mg). None of which were successful. So we decided to persue IVF. I took Menopur and Gonal-f. Then pregnyl for my trigger shot. And then after transfer I took endometrin 3 times a day. We are currently pregnant with our IVF baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The nursing staff as a whole are wonderful. We worked very closely with Lisa for our IVF cycle. She is such a sweetheart and so very helpful to make sure we knew what to expect and how everything worked. We also worked a bit with Robin and she is also great. Very kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is awesome. From the moment you walk in the door you feel so welcomed and reassured. Their receptionist gave birth to the first IVF baby in Idaho so she knows exactly what you are going through and was so wonderful to work with. They always made sure we were comfortable — gave us water, a tour of the facility, basically anything we needed. They are just a truly wonderful group of individuals.
We were only given the option to transfer one embryo.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr Hatasaka had no concept of time (in a good way!). He made sure he answered all of my questions and thoroughly explained my procedure(s) without rushing out of the room to help another patient. He made me feel like I was his only patient each time I came in. ... His attention to detail, his knowledge and wisdom in the infertility world, his kind demeanor, his way of explaining situations, EVERYTHING, is just incredible.
They [Reproductive Care Center] have a department for every question you may have, outside of the medical staff (ex. billing, egg donor, insurance questions, front desk, embryologists/lab, etc) and they all reside under the same roof which makes it very convenient for you as the patient. I had a few bills mailed to me and I knew they were already paid for. I called the billing department and they got it fixed within minutes.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Best doctor at RCC, hands down! My husband and I have now done 4 complete, fresh transfer cycles of IVF and have seen/been treated/had appointments with most of the doctors in this clinic. I recently switched doctors and made Hatasaka my primary physician at the clinic and would recommend him over and over. His attention to detail, his knowledge and wisdom in the infertility world, his kind demeanor, his way of explaining situations, EVERYTHING, is just incredible.
Come in with ALL your questions and prepare to be fed with knowledge of your individual and personal infertility world. Come in with those high expectations because they will be met and beyond!
Dr Hatasaka had no concept of time (in a good way!). He made sure he answered all of my questions and thoroughly explained my procedure(s) without rushing out of the room to help another patient. He made me feel like I was his only patient each time I came in. My husband and I were very impressed with his attention to detail in the medical and personal aspects of our lives.
I am diagnosed with decreased ovarian reserve (DOR) which is pretty unique considering I was 23 when I was told. This is a unique situation in itself, but I feel Dr Hatasaka looked at my charts from previous cycles and how my body reacted to each injection or medication it was given with great care. He knew what would produce the best results (more eggs for me), but also considered how my body was reacting to the medications. He even noticed fluid on my uterine wall after one particular cycle and took great care in treating that.
The best qualities the RCC nursing staff has is empathy and compassion. Many of them have even experience infertility in their own personal lives and from that create an understanding and compassionate atmosphere. It is truly heartwarming. They are so involved in my life and infertility journey that they have become lifelong friends.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They have a department for every question you may have, outside of the medical staff (ex. billing, egg donor, insurance questions, front desk, embryologists/lab, etc) and they all reside under the same roof which makes it very convenient for you as the patient. I had a few bills mailed to me and I knew they were already paid for. I called the billing department and they got it fixed within minutes. You can tell the departments work together and communication has been great for us!
We opted for the multi cycle discount which included 4 fresh cycles (not including transferring frozen embryos/cycles) which costs about $22,000. That price includes everything from ultrasounds, tests, procedures, clinic visits and just about everything except for medications. Medication for each cycle is not included and I needed A LOT (more than the average) and that ranged from $3,000-$6,500 per cycle.
Every patient has a different story/ results and I believe RCC knows that. They took the time to sit with me and explain each situation as far as how many embryos to transfer when I got to that point in each cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

I first met with Dr. Moore for a consultation, which happened to be on cycle day 3. After speaking for an hour, Dr. Moore came to the conclusion to start me on oral Mead that night. I was prescribed Femara, and took it Days 3-7. On day 6, I started injections of Gonal F. I took those on day 6-9. My body responded the best it ever has, in the 6+ years I have been trying to conceive.... Dr. Moore really listened to what my needs were, and gave new options to try, and gave me a lot of hope.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center-PG] is quite small, and seems a little busy for all the patients they have. It was in an easy to get to location though, and is easy to find. The room I went into didn’t seem like it got cleaned nightly, as there was hair under the chair a couple different times I visited.... I had to have multiple ultrasounds done, and I now have a bill of over $800. I didn’t expect my bill to be that much, and thought it would be much more affordable. I’ve only seen Dr. Moore for one month of treatment,
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Moore is very passionate about what he does. He truly cares about his patients, and what is best for them. He is very easy to communicate with, and gave me his cell number to contact him at any time, with any questions I might have. He had great ideas of new things we could try, and was very positive with his care and his ideas for my infertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Meet with him, and trust what he has to say.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Describe the protocols Andrew Moore used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
The nursing staff is minimal, so I’ve only worked with two nurses. They were both very kind and very helpful. They had a great demeanor about them, and were easy to work with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is quite small, and seems a little busy for all the patients they have. It was in an easy to get to location though, and is easy to find. The room I went into didn’t seem like it got cleaned nightly, as there was hair under the chair a couple different times I visited.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center.
The reason I went to Dr. Moore is because he accepted my insurance. It’s really hard to find a fertility doctor that accepts insurance. With that being said, I had to have multiple ultrasounds done, and I now have a bill of over $800. I didn’t expect my bill to be that much, and thought it would be much more affordable. I’ve only seen Dr. Moore for one month of treatment, which doesn’t include the IUI I had scheduled. I’m not too happy about the cost of everything I’ve seen him for. It seems like he has charged me a lot.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center.

He [Dr. John Gililland] validated my feelings and showed sympathy for this difficulty we are enduring. He used encouraging words and told me to not lose hope. It felt as though he really cared about my situation and that I wasn't just another patient.... He was extremely kind and polite. He was very soft spoken. He was very thorough when assessing me and my medical history.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] is wonderful. The atmosphere is calming and peaceful. The staff are wonderful and competent. They show excellent care. They use up to date equipment. They walk you through the financial aspect of treatments, they try to help you in every way to get the care you need.... It cost us about $1,000 each cycle for medications and a complete IUI. A consultation with him was $50 in person, and $90 on the phone.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was extremely kind and polite. He was very soft spoken. He was very thorough when assessing me and my medical history. When I first met him he was not what I expected though. He was typing very slowly, making lots of typos and needing to correct them. In the middle of our first appointment his cell phone rang and he answered it right in front of me. It just seemed strange. But overall I left feeling very comfortable and confident in his abilities and his care plan.
Be upfront, and a little bit bold, about your expectations and what you want or need from him and his office. Ask lots of questions.
He validated my feelings and showed sympathy for this difficulty we are enduring. He used encouraging words and told me to not lose hope. It felt as though he really cared about my situation and that I wasn't just another patient.
I have unexplained secondary Infertility but considering my age, my health, and medical history he didn't see any reason why we couldn't find success. He did a thorough ultrasound to examine my reproductive system and egg supply. He did a full blood panel to check for complications with thyroid, hormones, or other issues. He suspected my follicles weren't stimulating enough. He started me out on the lowest dose of Clomid, along with injections of Gonal-F to increase my follicle quality. Then we did ultrasounds after completion of medications to check for my body's response, and then did an HCG shot. My ovaries and follicles responded well, but we were never successful.
They were extremely kind. They were always gentle, had wonderful bedside manner, always explained exactly what they were doing and why. I didn't always know what the next step was and sometimes had to ask what needed to be done. Overall though they were very professional and competent while showing compassion and excellent quality care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is wonderful. The atmosphere is calming and peaceful. The staff are wonderful and competent. They show excellent care. They use up to date equipment. They walk you through the financial aspect of treatments, they try to help you in every way to get the care you need.

1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
I've had both experiences where I've wished that Dr. Hataska's delivery of a message would have been gentler or kinder, as well as moments where has been incredibly sensitive and kind in delivering terrible news. His strength is that he's very analytical and has all the numbers with whatever we're talking. I appreciate having those numbers as it's given us starting point for expectation. He lives by the numbers and some that approach could seem sterile or without hope.
Positives: I've never had to wait long for any appointments and they've been good about getting me appointments that work with my schedule. My one complaint would be with the billing department [Reproductive Care Center] as I've felt they aren't on top of things as the rest of the clinic.... [Cost Of Treatment] IVF with 2 egg retrievals: $18,000; ICSI: $4,100; Hyper-stim insurance: $600... Normally they've been really good about getting information to us,
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Losing weight will be one of the first things he will recommend. For some, knowing that he won't move forward with treatment until they've lost weight can be demoralizing for many women and he may not be a good fit for those who struggle with this.
Infertility is a rode with ups and downs. Because it is a journey that goes up and down, it can feel like we're not being treated as human because we're scared, tried, stressed, or overwhelmed. No doctor is perfect 100% and able to predict exactly what we may need that day. For us, I have felt like has done his best to be compassionate in that journey and treat me like a human with feelings, questions, fears, joys, and concerns.
We have done two egg retrieval and 1fresh transfer that ended in a miscarriage. Our first egg retrieval he started low on medication as he wanted to keep me from hyper stimulating. We used a combination of cetrotide, Menopur, and Gonal F. Of the 10-12 eggs they were expecting based on mature follicles, we only ended up with 4 eggs retrieved. All 4 were fertilized. By day 3 we had 2. We transferred one at day three and froze the second good embryo on day 5. At our 7 week appointment the baby's heartbeat was slow. We were told that most likely we'd lose it. At our next appointment a week later, there was no longer a heartbeat. We were anxious to transfer our frozen embryo as soon as we'd had the three months to recover from the miscarriage. In our post-miscarriage consultation, Dr. Hatasaka knew that we wanted more than 1 child and encouraged us to think about doing a second egg retrieval before our FET just in case it was successful to hopefully have better egg quality than a year or two down the road which we decided to do. Due to the small numbers we had the first time, I requested that we go with a more aggressive approach in hopes of having more embryos to freeze. Our medication protocol was Gonal-F and the cetrotide. They got 12 eggs, 10 of which were fertilized. At day 7 we had 1 good, and 6 fair quality embryos. By day 5 we only had 2 fair quality embryos which we sent off for testing. One came back with trisomery 13, while the other had a partial mosaic on chromosome 1. While we are not planning on transferring the trisomery 13, we may transfer the second one at a later date. I did hyper stim with the second egg retrieval and are hoping to transfer our frozen embryo from the first cycle in April.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. They've answered all my questions, including finding the answers when they didn't know them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Positives: I've never had to wait long for any appointments and they've been good about getting me appointments that work with my schedule. My one complaint would be with the billing department as I've felt they aren't on top of things as the rest of the clinic.
IVF with 2 egg retrievals: $18,000; ICSI: $4,100; Hyper-stim insurance: $600
No. While he recommended only doing one, he would have transferred two if that had been our preference.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I feel like Dr. Gililland is so nice that you can't help but to feel like an actual human when he talks with you each time you are there. He is so calming and has a friendly presence about him.... I don't see Dr. Gililland every time I go in, sometimes i just see a nurse. When i see a new person every time I go in I do start to feel like a number because no one remembers me. I feel I have to explain my situation each time I am in there.
RCC is a lovely and inviting little clinic. The front desk and billing staff are the same every time i go so they are who i see the most and are the only ones i know by name and face (except for the doctor). They are very friendly and helpful.... i do remember the consult was approximately $75 for an hour of the Doctor's time, a semen analysis was approximately $350, and an IUI cycle was just over $400.... The nurses at RCC have all been very nice and helpful when i go in.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I know Dr. Gililland is very smart and has been doing this a long time. I feel like he follows his heart and his patients heart and does not just follow what he learned in a textbook step by step. I appreciate that he takes the time to listen to your concerns, however, there have been times when i have not felt "heard". After i had told an RE before him and then him that my pain and bleeding kept getting heavier and longer every cycle, it kind of got brushed aside since i've already done every test possible at that clinic without many answers. His suggestion was to move on to IUI. I followed his advice and did 2 IUIs unsuccessfully. I finally decided to talk to a regular OBGYN (not Dr. Gililland) at another clinic for ANOTHER opinion on my pain and bleeding and he suggested surgery, which he then performed, and found stage 4 endometriosis...so bad that my ovaries were completely covered and stuck to my uterine wall...finally, a much clearer answer to my problem! I can't fault Dr. Gililland completely, i was seeing a different RE for almost 2 years at the same clinic until he moved and my care was then transferred to Dr. Gililland, so i know Dr. Gililland was going off of the previous doctor's notes and hadn't done any of my tests himself except for one HSG when the other doctor was my doctor. That is a great story in and of itself: when Dr. Gililland was performing my HSG for the other doctor, he couldn't get the dye through one of my Fallopian tubes and suggested i have surgery to see if there is endometriosis. When my actual doctor at the time saw the images and heard what Dr. Gililland had to say he decided that he wanted me to do another HSG so he could perform it himself and when he did he said he pushed the dye through so hard that he think he cleared that tube of mine that previously looked blocked. At the time, i think i did fault Dr. Gililland a little bit because i didn't now him and thought he was just trying to get me to do an expensive unnecessary surgery when my doctor was able to get it unblocked (little did i or the doctors know that wasn't really the problem), but after going through what i've been through with that 3rd doctor (the OBGYN) i realize Dr. Gililland suspected endometriosis all along and had he been my actual doctor at the time i would've had surgery much sooner, had relief much sooner, and maybe even got pregnant back then. Like i said in the beginning, Dr. Gililland follows his best instincts and i appreciate his willingness to lead by those instincts.
Try to stick with one doctor as much as you can unless you feel deep down that you need another opinion. In my case, my first doctor moved away and it forced me to see Dr. Gililland. In the long run I have been happy about the change, but it did cause some stress feeling like I was starting over. If i would've had the chance and known what i know now, I would've started with Dr. Gililland.
I feel like Dr. Gililland is so nice that you can't help but to feel like an actual human when he talks with you each time you are there. He is so calming and has a friendly presence about him. That being said, the longer you are being treated at RCC you also can't help but feel like a number. I don't see Dr. Gililland every time I go in, sometimes i just see a nurse. When i see a new person every time I go in I do start to feel like a number because no one remembers me. I feel I have to explain my situation each time I am in there.
I have done 2 IUIs with Dr. Gililland using Letrozole before the procedure to help ovulate. I never had problems on the medication, i ovulated as i should and the IUIs, although unsuccessful from not knowing i had endometriosis, went smoothly.
The nurses at RCC have all been very nice and helpful when i go in. I don't think i've had the same one twice, but i have loved them all in person. I have called in a couple times to ask questions like what do i do if this is happening or what does this mean and i have had one nurse on the phone that made me feel pretty stupid for my questions. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and think maybe she didn't know her response came across that way or something, but i hope they do understand that even if they've been asked the same question 20 times in the last month, i've only asked once, i'm new to this situation and scared.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
RCC is a lovely and inviting little clinic. The front desk and billing staff are the same every time i go so they are who i see the most and are the only ones i know by name and face (except for the doctor). They are very friendly and helpful. The billing specialist has helped me immensely when my insurance has been frustrating and confusing and wasn't accepting the way the clinic was billing the diagnostic tests. All but one time there was a very short wait. The one time with a previous doctor that is not there anymore my husband and i had to wait 40+ minutes after our scheduled time to meet with the doctor. All the other times i've been i've gotten pulled out of the waiting room within 5 minutes.
I've been through so much treatment that i don't remember what everything cost but i do remember the consult was approximately $75 for an hour of the Doctor's time, a semen analysis was approximately $350, and an IUI cycle was just over $400. These prices are all self-pay prices, if your insurance covers anything for infertility then your prices would be better than that. The thing i like about this clinic is i don't recall them charging anything if i needed to come give a blood sample real quick, whereas i was charged a hefty fee at a completely different clinic to give them a urine sample to find out if i was pregnant when i knew for a fact i wasn't and also to give me a shot, which took all of 3 minutes so i like that RCC doesn't charge you for doing nothing.

Male Factor, Other
I really liked Dr. Heiner. He isn’t necessarily over the top warm and fuzzy. Be he is kind enough. He always kept me in the loop and was happy to answer or elaborate on any questions I had. If I needed to talk to him on the phone he would always quickly call me back... He doesn’t recommend implanting 2 embryos because of the risk factor with twins. I would listen to that advice. My twins were born prematurely and passed away. I wish I would’ve listened to his recommendation.
They [the staff at RCC-Sandy] are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.... $500-$1000 for IUI, depending on how intensive the IUI was. $1000-$2000 for IVF meds. About $7,000 for IVF treatment
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He always remembered right where we left off from the last appointment. You could tell he wanted us to get pregnant. He was friendly and compassionate. Our IVF twins were born prematurely and passed away, and when we called Dr. Heiner he was very sympathetic.
The last treatment I received was IVF fresh transfer. I did vaginal ultrasounds before hand which Dr. Heiner preformed to make sure everything looked good. As well as every time I went into check my egg progression. After my eggs were properly developed, we did the egg retreval. Again Dr Heiner was there and talked us through everything before we did it. Same goes for our implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
She was AMAZING. They all were. So on top of everything. Always answered my questions. So kind and sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.
He highly recommended we do 1 embryo due to the risks that multiples can cause. Your chance of getting pregnant does not go up If you implant two. You just have a higher chance of twins. He was direct and stated all the facts about why you should only implant one.
+ Read more- Read less

The first time was our initial meeting and I had to be very assertive about the treatment I wanted. The second tim I saw him [Dr. James Heiner] was for a baseline scan of my folicals and ovaries. He said that I may have multicystic ovaries but did not go into detail or seem concerned. We have not followed up on the topic since the drugs I am taking are helping to mature a couple of folicals each cycle
The clinic [RRC-Sandy] is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with... I have done two cycles and they have been the same treatment. Baseline ultrasound CD 2. Femara CD 3-7. Gonal f 113ml CD 7,9 and 11. Ultrasound CD 12. If folicals are mature trigger shot CD 12. IUI CD 14. The first cycle I had 3 mature folicals, sperm sample looked great, no pregnancy. The cycle I had 2 mature folicals, sperm sample looks great but still waiting to take a pregnancy test
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have only seen him twice. The first time was our initial meeting and I had to be very assertive about the treatment I wanted. The second tim I saw him was for a baseline scan of my folicals and ovaries. He said that I may have multicystic ovaries but did not go into detail or seem concerned. We have not followed up on the topic since the drugs I am taking are helping to mature a couple of folicals each cycle
Know what you want and don't be afraid to speak your mind. They might suggest a treatment plan that is less aggressive than you would like so don't hold back if you feel like you want more
Dr heiner is nice and has a lot of experience but he did not familiarize himself with our history prior to meeting with us. He also made us feel like any treatment or tests we had done prior to coming to the clinic could have been incorrect and wanted to start us on a natural IUI cycle. I had already been on clomid for 4 months and had done 1 IUI with my obgyn so I did not feel like starting over was the best option.
Rachel is great. She answered all my questions, showed me how to do my injections at home and had real interest and compassion for my treatment. She was sweet and a great communicator
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with
On their site they list the prices for their treatment. They said the cost of a single round of IUI with scans would be 1800 not including your medication. The gonal F and trigger shot costs 300 for each round
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Keith Blauer] is extremely knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that anyone can understand it. He is very gentle and kind. He has made me feel super important and a priority in his office. His compassion and love for what he does, doesn’t go unnoticed. His bedside manners are very professional and very gentle. Our dreams have become his dream for us. I know he wants to help us achieve this miracle just as much as we want it!
I go to the Idaho Falls office [for Reproductive Care Center]. It has always been very private and safe environment. They have provided information of the process, they have followed up with me on how I am feeling, and with any new information they have for me. Each time I’ve been in I’ve met with Dr Blauer as well as the nurses. Lisa is amazing. She has been the main nurse who has been by my side, along with Dr Blauer, since day one. They are very positive and professional.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He is extremely knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that anyone can understand it. He is very gentle and kind. He has made me feel super important and a priority in his office. His compassion and love for what he does, doesn’t go unnoticed. His bedside manners are very professional and very gentle. Our dreams have become his dream for us. I know he wants to help us achieve this miracle just as much as we want it!
Don’t hesitate to ask questions... even the most silliest!
Dr Blauer is absolutely amazing. He has made me feel very important and has made my needs a priority. He is so kind! This is my first cycle of IVF so it is all new to me. But Dr Blauer and his staff have been more than willing to answer all my questions and address all my concerns. They’ve all made me feel like I’m their #1 priority!
I’m in the process of starting my first IVF cycle. We started 5 or 6 weeks ago. We first started with clomid and currently on hgh supplements. I will be starting injections with the start of my next menstrul cycle... expected in about 10 days. Getting anxious!
All of the staff have been absolutely wonderful to work with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I go to the Idaho Falls office. It has always been very private and safe environment. They have provided information of the process, they have followed up with me on how I am feeling, and with any new information they have for me. Each time I’ve been in I’ve met with Dr Blauer as well as the nurses. Lisa is amazing. She has been the main nurse who has been by my side, along with Dr Blauer, since day one. They are very positive and professional.
I’m very fortunate that my insurance has some coverage for this.
Unsure
+ Read more- Read less

I felt comfortable under the care of Doctor Gilliland. He was very nice and answered all of our questions. Although I felt like we were getting answers and having blood work and testing done, we eventually felt we were simply not a good fit for this clinic. ... The only thing I would change is moving at a quicker pace with the process, but maybe we could have communicated that more clearly on our end. Dr Gilliland is kind and honest with the facts about your personal infertility.
The nurses were great at giving information and being available when I called. ... The feeling in this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] was a good feeling. I felt comfortable and welcomed. It is small and feels personal. I felt my privacy and requests were respected. Everything was clean and well kept. I felt costs here were resonable compared to other fertility clinics. They were upfront with costs and conveyed them clearly. ...
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gilliland is very nice and attentive. He asked the right questions and listened carefully to our requests. The only thing I would change is moving at a quicker pace with the process, but maybe we could have communicated that more clearly on our end. Dr Gilliland is kind and honest with the facts about your personal infertility.
Be upfront and honest in what exactly you want to be done. Trust his advice but ask plenty of questions, because he will answer them.
I felt comfortable under the care of Doctor Gilliland. He was very nice and answered all of our questions. Although I felt like we were getting answers and having blood work and testing done, we eventually felt we were simply not a good fit for this clinic. The staff was very nice, we just needed more initiative to be taken to move us forward at a quicker pace.
Dr Gilliland had me taking bromocriptine and listened to my request when I told him it made me feel sick, so he took me off of it. He helped to diagnose my husband with male- factor infertility and had us see a urologist. He gave us options for how to treat our specific situation, I appreciated that.
The nurses were great at giving information and being available when I called.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The feeling in this clinic was a good feeling. I felt comfortable and welcomed. It is small and feels personal. I felt my privacy and requests were respected. Everything was clean and well kept. I felt my records were kept safe and well organized.
We were told we would only have 1 embryo transfered per cycle because I am so young and have a great chance of getting pregnant with 1. I would be interested in transferring more than that if needed, and would love twins, so I would hope that they would do that if I requested it.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Our first IVF [with Dr. Moore] we didn’t know I had PCOS so if that would’ve been known I’m sure our protocol/results would’ve been different. We are currently working on doing an FET and now that he knows we are doing different things to better prepare for success. Even simple things such as an anti inflammatory diet which I’ve already noticed a huge difference in the way I feel...When we did IVF, we only had 2 viable embryos. He suggested we transfer one and freeze the other because multiples are more risky.
I love that a couple of the nurses I’ve worked with [at Reproductive Care Center] have struggled with infertility as well. It made them more compassionate and relatable. I had an ultrasound a few days ago and everything was looking great and ready for the FET. Marie pulled me into another room to discuss the protocol for the upcoming week and I got nervous and began to cry. She was so kind and comforted me. I’ve been really pleased with the staff. Even down to the receptionist. She’s always so sweet and welcoming.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
He’s kind of soft spoken which is comforting to me because he’s not loud and obnoxious. I’ve never felt uncomfortable around him especially during ultrasounds. He’s always willing to answer any questions you might have and never makes you feel stupid no matter how simple the questions may be. I feel like he cares about our success. Although, there have been a few appointments where I feel like he was a little rushed. Not sure if he was just running behind or poor scheduling.
If you want to be cared for and treated like a person and not a number then Dr Moore is the doctor for you!
I felt like he actually cared about me as a person and was in the room for every ultrasound and appointment as opposed to having nurses do it all for him.
Our first IVF we didn’t know I had PCOS so if that would’ve been known I’m sure our protocol/results would’ve been different. We are currently working on doing an FET and now that he knows we are doing different things to better prepare for success. Even simple things such as an anti inflammatory diet which I’ve already noticed a huge difference in the way I feel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Marie Few)
I love that a couple of the nurses I’ve worked with have struggled with infertility as well. It made them more compassionate and relatable. I had an ultrasound a few days ago and everything was looking great and ready for the FET. Marie pulled me into another room to discuss the protocol for the upcoming week and I got nervous and began to cry. She was so kind and comforted me. I’ve been really pleased with the staff. Even down to the receptionist. She’s always so sweet and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I like to be reminded of my appointments since there is so much to worry about and occasionally they forget to call and remind me. That’s just a minor thing though. They are however great at making you feel welcome and comfortable in a terrifying and uncomfortable situation.
Our FET is going to cost a little over 4 thousand. Including medications.
Describe Andrew Moore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Andrew Moore] started me on 7.5 mg of femara on days 3-9 of my cycles. He started with a higher dose and longer duration because I had already tried 5mg of femara of days 3-7 without any results. He performed an ultrasound on day 10 and day 13 to confirm that the follicle was maturing, I then did a progesterone test on day 24 I think to confirm ovulation. My next cycle I did OPKs and then a progesterone test 8 days after my positive OPK. He wants us to try just ovulation induction for 3-6 cycles then we can add insemination when we think we need it due to my husbands abnormal semen analysis.
This clinic [Reproductive Care Center-PG] is great at getting you in for appointments and consultations. I feel like everyone is very nice and genuine. Biggest problem is that they don’t answer the phone all the time or because there’s only one doctor at the Pleasant Grove location, if he’s gone they just close and there’s no way to leave a message or know why they’re closed.... I don’t actually interact with the nurses much, just to call in for my prescription and any questions. They respond quickly and efficiently. I wish that they would double check why my doctor ordered certain tests at certain times.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
So far I don’t have any negative perceptions of Dr. Moore. He has always treated me and my husband with the utmost respect. He answers all of our questions, has laid out the various treatment options in a detailed manner, and has been very honest about our chances of conceiving and what he thinks is our best option.
Ask questions all of your questions and be open to trusting him and his opinion.
He’s very concerned with the emotional and financial burden of fertility treatments. He constantly reassures us that treatment is at our pace, based on how we feel and what we can handle. He always takes ample time to answer or questions and makes sure all our concerns are addressed.
He started me on 7.5 mg of femara on days 3-9 of my cycles. He started with a higher dose and longer duration because I had already tried 5mg of femara of days 3-7 without any results. He performed an ultrasound on day 10 and day 13 to confirm that the follicle was maturing, I then did a progesterone test on day 24 I think to confirm ovulation. My next cycle I did OPKs and then a progesterone test 8 days after my positive OPK. He wants us to try just ovulation induction for 3-6 cycles then we can add insemination when we think we need it due to my husbands abnormal semen analysis.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is great at getting you in for appointments and consultations. I feel like everyone is very nice and genuine. Biggest problem is that they don’t answer the phone all the time or because there’s only one doctor at the Pleasant Grove location, if he’s gone they just close and there’s no way to leave a message or know why they’re closed.
I feel like it’s expensive but better than most clinics that I’ve looked into. I also like that they are very up front about the costs of tests, procedures, and treatments.

2010 - 2018
Dr. Blaur has a very kind approach to treatment. He meets with us as a couple every time we are ready to start a round of fertility cycles and he is familiar with us and our children...Our 9th IUI worked, the first cycle using injections. After that, we opted to do IVF due to limited quantities of sperm and Dr. Blaur was completely supportive. We have never had an IVF cycle not work under his care. Our first IVF cycle resulted in twins, our second in a singleton, our 3rd in a singleton, and I am currently expecting a sixth child from a FET. Dr. Blaur has been involved in every step of building our family.
I would recommend any of the doctors at this clinic [Reproductive Care Center], as we have worked with all of them, Dr. Blaur being the primary doctor and the other following his treatment protocol for us...[the nurses are] Very concise. They call back quickly. Compassionate. They mourn with us and celebrate with us...You pay for a cycle ahead of time and then do the entire cycle without having to pay. Infertility treatments are expensive no matter where you go. The prices at RCC are fair and competitive.
2010 - 2018
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blaur is an excellent doctor. He genuinely loves what he does and has a true compassion for couples who desire to have children and have trouble doing so. He is a very knowledgeable doctor with a lot of experience. He also keeps up with the latest reproductive technology and takes advantage of any science that could help his patients conceive.
I would say to get an appointment sooner than later. We did not wait one year to see a fertility doctor when we felt strongly we would have troubles conceiving and we are so glad. If there are signs of infertility, call in and get the diagnostics going.
With our first visit, we were immediately referred to a top urologist in the state to get an idea of what type of MFI we were dealing with. Once those tests were completed, Dr. Blaur gave us a very clear picture of what our options were, which were limited, and he also provided some comfort and information about support groups of that was something we were interested in. Since we were struggling with MFI, we started with a couple natural cycles with DS and then progressed from there adding medications. Our 9th IUI worked, the first cycle using injections. After that, we opted to do IVF due to limited quantities of sperm and Dr. Blaur was completely supportive. We have never had an IVF cycle not work under his care. Our first IVF cycle resulted in twins, our second in a singleton, our 3rd in a singleton, and I am currently expecting a sixth child from a FET. Dr. Blaur has been involved in every step of building our family.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is wonderful to us because they have multiple locations. They did not when we were first patients and it was quite a drive for us, but they opened another office closer to our home and we can go to either clinic depending on what each appointment entails. I would recommend any of the doctors at this clinic, as we have worked with all of them, Dr. Blaur being the primary doctor and the other following his treatment protocol for us.
He was okay with whichever we chose, one or two embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

I’ve enjoyed working with Dr Heiner, he’s very personable. My only complaint is I wish he would explain things more thoroughly. He will explain the plan but not really the reasons behind it or what things he’s looking for... We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF.
RCC is wonderful to patients, everyone I’ve worked with has been very kind and understanding. They are very flexible with appointments which has been really helpful trying to balance all this with work... The IUIs cost around 400$ each including meds and monitoring. For IVF we did a multicycle package that’s 18k, then 2k additional for ICSI. Meds for the egg retrieval were about 3k and for the frozen transfer about 300$
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He doesn’t always offer other options but when asked about them he’s more than willing to consider them
He asked questions to get to know me and my husband personally; not just our fertility history
We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF. Because of my pcos we did a very conservative approach with medications for my egg retrieval. It was kind of disappointing because I only ended up with 8 eggs. My ovaries did not respond as predicted. But he has said we will start with a higher dose if I end up needing it again. I did one fresh transfer that did not work and recently and frozen transfer I’m still waiting on results from
The nursing staff overall have been wonderful. They are all very sweet and caring and really make sure I feel comfortable. Rachel has been great as well. After a bad experience at another clinic I told Rachel I really need someone who communicates well and she definitely does. She always returns my calls/emails quickly to answer any questions and get my results to me fast. My only complaint is that she hasn’t been there for any of my IUIs or transfers which I find kind of odd. She’s there every step before and after but not at the “main event”
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I’ve always only wanted to transfer one so it wasn’t much of a discussion, he just agreed
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Andrew Moore] wrote detailed notes in my chart for the nurses about how to get through my curvy cervix (more detail than any of them had ever seen). It certainly made the IUI process less stressful! He always seemed happy to see my husband and I. Dr. Moore filled us with hope. And when our pregnancy was confirmed he invited us to bring our baby to meet him when the time comes!
They [Reproductive Care Center-Pleasant Grove] have many offices throughout Utah, as well as some in Idaho, Wyoming, and maybe Colorado. I wish their PG office had their own billing instead of having to work through the Sandy clinic (I think they were working on that earlier this year.) Everybody there always had a smile on their face, which helped when going through such a traumatic time.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Great bedside manner. He made jokes with us, and helped keep the mood light. Dr. Moore was very knowledgeable. Anybody who seeks treatment through him will be in capable hands. I highly recommend him.
He is straight forward, and I love that about him. Know that he is very easy going. Just know that you are in good hands with Dr. Moore and his nurses!
He wrote detailed notes in my chart for the nurses about how to get through my curvy cervix (more detail than any of them had ever seen). It certainly made the IUI process less stressful! He always seemed happy to see my husband and I. Dr. Moore filled us with hope. And when our pregnancy was confirmed he invited us to bring our baby to meet him when the time comes!
He went over all of my medical history from my OB and previous fertility clinic, as well as surgeries I had completed at the hospital. Because it had been a few years since we had sought out fertility treatments, we started at the beginning, but he also added a water ultrasound of my uterus, which had never been done before. My HSG that I had done before came back positively (minor scar tissue in my fallopian tubes). I did 2 rounds of femara with IUI, same protocol each time. I also had to get my Varicella vaccine updated because my immunity to that was low. I got pregnant from my 2nd IUI.
Super friendly. Always got a call back within a few hours. Always positive and happy to help.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They have many offices throughout Utah, as well as some in Idaho, Wyoming, and maybe Colorado. I wish their PG office had their own billing instead of having to work through the Sandy clinic (I think they were working on that earlier this year.) Everybody there always had a smile on their face, which helped when going through such a traumatic time.
I think between my two cycles with all the ultrasounds, blood work, medications, consultation, and IUI procedures we probably paid around $5,000 out-of-pocket. (Insurance only covered minimal testing.)
Endometriosis, Unexplained, Other
He [Dr. Hatasaka] sat with us for over an hour and went through our entire chart and history and explained everything he wanted to look into and why. He took the time get to know our situation before making a plan of action...He has a very calm demeanor, is chatty, and likes to dive deep into the issue and explain everything as we go so we know what's happening. Goes through the pros and cons of procedures and makes sure we understand.
[The nurses at Reproductive Care Center are] Generally kind, not much else stands out...Have only been here through one full cycle, so far everything had been pretty good, no real strengths or weaknesses come to mind. They give you a packet full of info about the clinic and doctors, with info about local supporters groups, when come in for your first appointment...Over $350 for my initial blood work and ultrasoun
Endometriosis, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He likes to start with a full spectrum of tests, be prepared for blood, semen, ultrasound, and have your full medical history of both partners, including family history. When doing the tests, you deal with nurses and staff, and have to schedule appointments and pay a copay just to have your blood drawn. You don't see the doctor at these appointments.
He sat with us for over an hour and went through our entire chart and history and explained everything he wanted to look into and why. He took the time get to know our situation before making a plan of action.
We are still working on regulating my cycles, and getting my thyroid and prolactin levels down, going in every 4 weeks to retest until my numbers are within normal, then we will be put on femara for a round of IUI.
Generally kind, not much else stands out.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Over $350 for my initial blood work and ultrasound, $300 for seven analysis, $25 copay at every appointment, even just getting a blood draw, they are going to try and bill insurance for everything, but we will most likely have to cover everything out of pockets.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
HE [Dr. Gililland] is a very thorough doctor who retested blood levels other doctors had already checked and got me on correct dosage of medications. He is very welcoming and very knowledgeable!! He always listens and answers every questions I’ve ever had.... He has always answered every single question in full detail, he cares and my last appt lasted 45 minutes. And he didn’t act hurried to get me out of there he wanted to make sure I had everything answered
Clean very nice office [Reproductive Care Center]. Friendly staff! Nurses are usually very quick to respond. They always make sure ins is helping as much as possible, they will get the you the most bang for your buck. Just make sure you and your dr are on the same page with time line. Some people are ok with post poning treatment, I on the other hand want to do everything the second I can! And that’s not always possible, with him traveling.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
HE is a very thorough doctor who retested blood levels other doctors had already checked and got me on correct dosage of medications. He is very welcoming and very knowledgeable!! He always listens and answers every questions I’ve ever had. And I’ve never felt rushed even when I’m taking more time then I probably should he will always make sure I’m comfortable with the next step in our treatment.
We started on blood tests to make sure levels were where they needed to be. Put me on medications re tested blood, instantly put me on Femara. I had been asking my previous dr to put me on this and they refused. With little to no explanation. Currently going in for surgery tomorrow next step is another IUI.
Very friendly! Never make you feel uncomfortable amazing staff!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Clean very nice office. Friendly staff! Nurses are usually very quick to respond. They always make sure ins is helping as much as possible, they will get the you the most bang for your buck. Just make sure you and your dr are on the same page with time line. Some people are ok with post poning treatment, I on the other hand want to do everything the second I can! And that’s not always possible, with him traveling.
I feel like infertility is expensive where ever you go. However, they really really try to be sure that my ins will cover the max amount. And if there is a significant cash pay price I’m always informed.
We have discussed this for future, 2 embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Moore was extremely respectful. He worked with us and our insurance company. He gave us his personal phone number and called us to follow up. He helped us receive medicine even during hours when the office was closed. He was personable and friendly....He helped diagnose male factor infertility in my husband. We hoped to start IVF, but our insurance company was uncooperative. Dr. Moore helped write letters to our insurance company on our behalf and really worked for us.
Pretty good about scheduling and answering the phone. Not all of the doctors [Reproductive Care Center] are up to par on bedside manner, but I could recommend the facility. I like the overall environment of the place and the receptionist. Not too crowded and very professional.... Very gentle and sensitive to the fact that I don’t like getting my blood taken. Helpful in explaining complicated information and very nice about answering questions.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
We had previously seen a colleague of Dr. Moore’s and had a bad experience. We were very candid with Dr. Moore and he was compassionate with us. He helped diagnose male factor infertility in my husband. We hoped to start IVF, but our insurance company was uncooperative. Dr. Moore helped write letters to our insurance company on our behalf and really worked for us. In the end, we couldn’t make it work, but we were extremely grateful for the time that Dr. Moore focused on us and the respect that he showed us.
Come with lots of questions and make sure to take notes. Take him seriously when he gives you his personal cell phone number and use it to your advantage.
My husband took samples. I had an HSC exam, an internal sonogram, & took ovulation tests.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Pretty good about scheduling and answering the phone. Not all of the doctors are up to par on bedside manner, but I could recommend the facility. I like the overall environment of the place and the receptionist. Not too crowded and very professional.
Through my insurance, costs were reasonable for the initial consultation and diagnostic testing.

Male Factor, Other
I had elevated prolactin levels so he put me on bromocriptine the entire treatment timeframe, which made me very dizzy all the time. We started with femara, I took two pills days 3-7 of my cycle. This resulted in two failed IUIs with if I remember correctly only one follicle per cycle, and I got a positive ovulation test both times. Next we switched to clomid, two pills days 3-7. I had more follicles and still had a positive ovulation test but the 3rd IUI was unsuccessful. So we stuck with clomid but added in FSH injections which I don’t remember the dose or when I took it in my cycle, this combo resulted in 3 great looking follicles (if there were anymore they wouldn’t have followed through with IUI, but instead would do IVF at half cost if there were more than 4) and I had a positive ovulation test and finally a successful IUI
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] was great, located just 10 minutes from my house which was nice. If ever there was an unexpected wait the reception staff would give us a heads up (only happened once) and a voucher towards our bill. The only weakness would be the c-arm used for the HSG was an older model, and the newer the c-arm the less radiation dose, especially to the ovaries would be beneficial.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gililand was very nice and personable. He was very knowledgeable in woman infertility but had to refer us out for male infertility, which took a lot longer for us to even get started on treatments.
Pray you don’t also have male infertility to deal with.
I never felt like I was being treated like a “number” Dr Gililand was very kind along with his nursing staff.
I would hope to ovulate so that my IUI would land on a weekend and I would have to go down the Sandy location because the nurse there was fantastic, she treated us like we were friends, we loved her. The nurses at Clearfield RCC were nice but weren’t as knowledgeable or didn’t explain much for the IUI treatments or after instructions as the weekend nurse at Sandy RCC.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic was great, located just 10 minutes from my house which was nice. If ever there was an unexpected wait the reception staff would give us a heads up (only happened once) and a voucher towards our bill. The only weakness would be the c-arm used for the HSG was an older model, and the newer the c-arm the less radiation dose, especially to the ovaries would be beneficial.
We paid out of pocket for the genetic testing, my FSH injections ($200/cycle), and each IUI ($200/cycle). Everything else such as clomid, femara, my husbands clomid and HCG injections, our ultrasounds, the HSG procedure, our doctor consults, our insurance covered.
+ Read more- Read less

The nurses, MAs, and front desk staff at [RCC] Clearfield were really nice and I felt like everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. When I did get pregnant, I had an episode of heavy bleeding a week after what was supposed to be my last ultrasound with them. I called and asked what to do and they got me in to see Dr. Gililland that same day, even though I was supposed to be done with the clinic by then, which was really helpful during a scary time. There were a few minor mix-ups (was sent a financial document for the wrong procedure, had to go in for an extra blood draw because they forgot something, test results were sent to me but didn't get to the doctor) but nothing that affected my treatment.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I loved Dr. Gililland. His style of interacting is different from what I would have originally thought I would prefer, but I was surprised with how much it helped with my anxiety throughout the whole process. He was very warm and caring and attentive, and always seemed optimistic that we would be successful. Sometimes he would use physical touch to reassure me (e.g. touching my arm or shoulder). He was very knowledgeable and (in our case) was usually right on target with treatment decisions and estimates. At some point he gave me an email address. I only used it a few times since most questions can be answered by the nurses and he appeared to answer email on his own time (early in the mornings), but it was reassuring to know I could reach him directly if I really needed to. He always answered within a day.
You might not see him very often depending on the treatment you need. He did my initial testing (ultrasound, HSG, etc.) but I didn't see him at all during three IUI cycles. All IUI monitoring and procedures were done by nurses. When we moved on to IVF, Dr. Gililland did all but one of the monitoring ultrasounds himself, including one on a Saturday, as well as the retrieval and the embryo transfer.
I felt like my needs as a patient were his first priority. He would go out of his way to help me, and would make staff go out of their way as well. When I went in for an HSG, he could tell I was nervous and took time to hold my hand and reassure me. There was an abnormality on the HSG image and he wanted to follow up with a hysteroscopy, which he offered to do right there and then so I wouldn't have to wait for another cycle. There were technical problems with the hysteroscopy machine, and he persisted to get through the problems and do the procedure even though it put them past the office closing time. On my way out I asked about next steps, expecting to be told to make a follow-up appointment, but he took me back to his office and talked to me. By the time we got done he had stayed an hour late just for me. I was very impressed with him and he continued to be caring and kind during subsequent encounters with him.
When my blood testing came back with FSH 12 and AMH .9, he recommended that our first treatment be IUI with Femara and Gonal F. We did three cycles of this treatment with the nurses. I used OPKs and got a positive the day of the ultrasound (day 12) each time, as well as my usual ovulation symptoms, so we never did a trigger shot. I responded well to the medication and the nurses kept telling us everything looked "ideal", but none of the cycles resulted in a pregnancy. After three failed IUIs they had us follow up with Dr. G. He gave us a choice between more IUIs with the same medications or IVF. He didn't pressure us either way but just said to consider the success rates of each (while being mindful of cost, risks, etc.). We decided to proceed with IVF. Our first attempt was cancelled due to an estrogen-producing cyst, which was gone by the second attempt. I was on stims for nine days and the dosage never changed. They had me take a lower dose of the trigger shot to reduce my risk of OHSS. We got 14 eggs, 9 mature. Dr. Gililland had said he didn't think we needed ICSI, so we didn't use it and 8 out of the 9 eggs fertilized without it. He had also said he thought we could get 4 or 5 embryos and we ended up with 3 on day 5 and 1 more on day 6 for a total of 4. Our first fresh transfer of one embryo was successful and the other 3 embryos have been frozen.
There were three nurses at the Clearfield office and they were all nice and were very organized and on top of things, and were patient with my many phone calls and questions. They never answered the phone so I always had to leave a message and wait for a call back, which was sometimes nerve wracking when I was worried about something, but I almost always got a call back within the same day. They helped me apply to get a discount on medication which ended up saving me about a thousand dollars.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The nurses, MAs, and front desk staff at Clearfield were really nice and I felt like everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. When I did get pregnant, I had an episode of heavy bleeding a week after what was supposed to be my last ultrasound with them. I called and asked what to do and they got me in to see Dr. Gililland that same day, even though I was supposed to be done with the clinic by then, which was really helpful during a scary time. There were a few minor mix-ups (was sent a financial document for the wrong procedure, had to go in for an extra blood draw because they forgot something, test results were sent to me but didn't get to the doctor) but nothing that affected my treatment.
IUIs were $400 for the IUI and $400 for the medication (I did injections). Our IVF cycle ended up costing about $10,000 after paying for anesthesia and embryo storage, with medication being an additional $3,000 or so. They tried to sell us on their multiple cycle discount package, but we felt our chance of success was high enough that we didn't want to risk paying for cycles we might not need, and would rather take the risk of paying for cycles individually. This ended up being a good decision for us.
Dr. Gililland very strongly encouraged us to do a single embryo transfer, which ended up being the right choice for us. I was 30 and it was our first transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

While I was able to “schedule” certain things with him [Dr. James Heiner], I was never given a plan on what to do. It was a lot of “maybe” and also gave contradictory information to every other doctor I had seen and have seen since. He also forgot my name several times, and wasn’t able to diagnose a cyst on my ovary- when his nurse could. On the positive end, he was fairly kind and explained the basic things simply. I never felt uncomfortable in his presence.
We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage [at Reproductive Care Center]. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was recommended to me by my OBGYN. While I was able to “schedule” certain things with him, I was never given a plan on what to do. It was a lot of “maybe” and also gave contradictory information to every other doctor I had seen and have seen since. He also forgot my name several times, and wasn’t able to diagnose a cyst on my ovary- when his nurse could. On the positive end, he was fairly kind and explained the basic things simply. I never felt uncomfortable in his presence.
You must be forward. Keep track of things yourself! And don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions!
He forgot my name several times at appointments, so I just felt like a quick look over the notes before seeing me type patient. I was rushed through a lot of things and just handed statistics & not given options. However, he did at least look at me which was great compared to my first doctor.
Blood tests to track ovulation, HSG- came back normal Suggestion of IVF after normal HSG and ovulation. Suspected ebdormetriosis but said IUI or laparoscopy wouldn’t help- my doctor now is taking me through those first.
I only had interaction with one during an ultrasound. She was so much more helpful than my actual doctor. She was kind and didn’t make me feel silly. The lab lady was also very kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths: nice- they didn’t get angry or frustrated. Able to schedule appointments Weaknesses: I was mis-scheduled once- they thought I was going in for a different procedure than I was- glad I caught it ;) have failed to forward info to new doc without asking multiple times. Still have not
We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.
+ Read more- Read less

I thought he [Dr. Harry Hatasaka] was very knowledgeable about fertility and was able to explain things clearly, but only if I asked clarifying questions. I was disappointed that he wasn't at every appointment and procedure. He was very absent. He also repeated/rehearsed my file back to me each time he saw me as though he was trying to remind himself of who I was. This was frustrating to me because I didn't need a replay of the failures in the past.
They [Reproductive Care Center] ordered a semen analysis when we already had one completed and charged us for it twice. They also over charged us on the procedures we did have done. They were able.to resolve all of these issues...I absolutely hated that the nurses call with the results of blood work. This should be the doctors responsibility and duty. I also did not like that a nurse did my IUIs. Again, that should be the doctors job. I felt very much like just another number there and no one treated me as an individual.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I thought he was very knowledgeable about fertility and was able to explain things clearly, but only if I asked clarifying questions. I was disappointed that he wasn't at every appointment and procedure. He was very absent. He also repeated/rehearsed my file back to me each time he saw me as though he was trying to remind himself of who I was. This was frustrating to me because I didn't need a replay of the failures in the past.
Ask for what you want because if you dont you probably wont get it.
I felt like he had seen so many patients like me and my case was no unique or special. He didn't make it a point to reach out to me after my miscarriage or my failed IUI to talk through what happened or what next steps would be.
I was asked to take femara for my cycles to boost my ovulation. I took it for one cycle and didn't get a positive ovulation indicator on my test. He didnt suggest a trigger shot because I had lab work that showed I ovulated in previous months. So I took femara for another cycle and did the ovulation test at a different time during the day and got a positive. I had an IUI procedure done with my husbands fresh sperm. This resulted in a pregnancy which I miscarried at 6 weeks. The following month I took femara again, with another positive ovulation test and had another IUI procedure done. This one didnt result in a pregnancy. I decided not to pursue treatments after this.
They did a great job explaining when and if I should use the trigger shot. They also were available to me when I had questions. If they didnt know the answer they were honest and called me back later with the answer. Some nurses did this better than others.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
We had all of our testing done with my obgyn so my insurance would cover it. We had our semen analysis done through a study so we didnt have to pay for it. We only paid RCC for the IUI and ultrasounds. I think the total for each cycle was $500-600. And we did two cycles.
+ Read more- Read less

Luckily, our treatment went smoothly so I don't have any experience with having to deal with any complications with him [Dr. John Gililland]... very nice, knowledgeable, and seemed very invested in helping us have a baby. He listened to my history and made accommodations in my treatment based on it. He kept a record of notes to keep track of all plans. I don't have any complaints
Testing and monitoring [at Reproductive Care Center] were done every 2-3 days. We did a lower doses because I have PCOS and they we trying not to have me overstimulate...Egg retrieval produced 20 eggs. 14 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 for PGS testing...We transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy...The nursing staff at the Clearfield clinic is small. So that means I saw one of three nurses. They all seemed to know what was happening with me. They could all answer any questions I had. Besides for a few instances, I was able to contact one of them same day. I had one of them call me after I had a miscarriage when I was still under the clinic's care.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland was very nice, knowledgeable, and seemed very invested in helping us have a baby. He listened to my history and made accommodations in my treatment based on it. He kept a record of notes to keep track of all plans. I don't have any complaints working with Dr. Gililland. Luckily, our treatment went smoothly so I don't have any experience with having to deal with any complications with him.
Be as detailed as possible. The more the doctor knows, the better the treatment can be.
Every time I went into the clinic, they knew who I was. I never felt like they were unaware of my situation. I never felt dismissed. Any question I had, they answered readily.
The IUIs followed similar protocol to the earlier ones. Fermara with Gonal-F injections. Then an HCG trigger shot followed by the IUI. Both of these ended with a negative pregnancy test. For the IVF cycle, I straight stimmed (no BC) because of health issues.. We did Gonal-F and Menopur injections for about a week. Along with Estradiol (orally). Testing and monitoring were done every 2-3 days. We did a lower doses because I have PCOS and they we trying not to have me overstimulate. I used Lupron for the trigger shot. They we counting about 40 follicles. Egg retrieval produced 20 eggs. 14 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 for PGS testing. The following month I began taking Estradiol and compounded gel Progesterone. We transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy. Currently, 20 weeks in March 2018.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is an off-shoot of the main clinic in Sandy. Which is good and bad. Good, because there is a more intimate environment. I liked that I saw the same people every time I went in. Bad, because they are not a full clinic. Meaning they can't do IVF procedures and have more limited hours. It's not uncommon for north of Salt Lake to be forgotten. Another issue that is arising is that is getting busier. So now, if you call, you may have to leave a message and they will call you back later that day. I really felt that I was treated well here. As always, ask questions, do research, and never hesitate to be your own advocate.
IUI for us was covered mostly by insurance. So ultrasound were around $85 and he IUI was about $150. The IVF was around $25,000 (which included 2 cycles). The anesthesiologist was $400. The PGS testing cost around $2300 for up to 8 embryos. I needed insurance to cover OHSS since I had an AMH over 3. That cost was $$350.
Two main reasons on why we transferred one embryo. First, to reduce the risk of multiples. Past medical history was taken into consideration when making this decision. Second, transferring a single normal PGS tested embryo is recommended.

2013 - 2017
Rather than dealing with MFI and trying to better the situation I felt like his [Dr. James Heiner] answer for everything is to jump straight to IVF/ICSI. I also have yet to get any guidance concerning my PCOS and what I can do for that. My biggest issue is the lack of compassion and sympathy. This has been a very tough 4.5 years TTC, and having an RE that is so clinical vs sympathetic makes the constant bad news much more devastating.
The clinic [RRC in Sandy] is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me...I love his nursing staff. They give you the emotional hug that is lacking with Dr. Heiner and listen quite a bit more...They had messed up on a couple of my blood draws and what they were testing for. Also a few mess ups with my bills.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Rather than dealing with MFI and trying to better the situation I felt like his answer for everything is to jump straight to IVF/ICSI. I also have yet to get any guidance concerning my PCOS and what I can do for that. My biggest issue is the lack of compassion and sympathy. This has been a very tough 4.5 years TTC, and having an RE that is so clinical vs sympathetic makes the constant bad news much more devastating.
If he doesn't feel right for you, move on! Not every RE is created equal. Infertility is an emotional roller coaster and having an RE that fits your needs and knows how to approach your specific issues is invaluable.
Dr. Heiner was very blunt and quick to say we had absolutely no option but IVF/ICSI. From the start, I've felt like he's in it more for the money than to help fix anything. I appreciate honesty but considering how emotionally taxing this process is I would like an RE that is sympathetic and not quite so clinical.
His recommended strategy was to go straight to IVF/ICSI. My husband and I felt that was drastic and wanted more answers. We ended up seeing Dr. Hotaling for my husbands MFI and he has been great! We decided to try an IUI after my husbands treatments have made his numbers better. For that, Dr. Heiner gave me femara and an Ovidrel shot. The IUI was a bust and he continues to tell us IVF/ICSI is our only option when we hear differently from the Urologist office.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me.
My insurance does not cover anything so it's all out of pocket. They have given some discounts on procedures and shots which is nice.
I haven't been educated on this yet.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
James Heiner is the best. He understands me, he is there for me, and he accommodates how far away I live from his clinic... He will take two hours to talk to me if I need it...he always follows up to check on how we are doing...He is honest, open, and at the end of the day he cares. I do not blame him for the failed attempts, I am grateful he is the one by my side through all of this.
[The nurse at Reproductive Care Center is an] amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions...The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome...$15,500 for 2 retrievals and as many FET's as I produced. Meds were outside of that, I spent about $8,000 4,000 per cycle
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
James Heiner is the best. He understands me, he is there for me, and he accommodates how far away I live from his clinic. He will take two hours to talk to me if I need it. I met him years ago and I will never switch drs. He shakes my husbands hand every time we see him, and he always follows up to check on how we are doing.
You have to ask questions. He will answer them, but he may not brush up on every detail unless you ask.
My Dr is the most kind caring individual I have ever met. He appreciates me as his patient and I can tell he is frustrated that we have not been able to conceive again. He is honest, open, and at the end of the day he cares. I do not blame him for the failed attempts, I am grateful he is the one by my side through all of this.
IUI's we used bravelle, femera, and ultrasounds. IVF we used bravelle, femara, estrace, birth control, blood work, ultra sounds, more injections that I can't fully remember. Both have been successful, unfortunately I have lost three IVF pregnancies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Reinhart )
Amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome, they always answer and if they don't they call you right back, they get you on the schedule very fast, and their office is clean and warming.
I could go in for monitoring whenever I needed! They were always very quick!
He suggests single transfers for me because twins are dangerous, especially with someone like me that has factor v, the more hormones produced the more likely a blood clot
+ Read more- Read less

My husbands hormone levels showed on his blood test [from Dr. John Gililland], very low, and out of sorts. He was then placed on Clomid to help raise the levels, and it did just that! His hormones raised significantly and he feels better with more energy, although it did not help his sperm count and motility. The doctor has now suggested we move on to IVF, my husbands numbers are too low to consider any other treatment course. They plan to just work with the numbers that my husband can produce since they are unable to help anymore.
The nursing staff at this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is amazing. They are all kind and caring, there is a handful of nurses and I have personally been helped by each one at different times...The billing director sat my husband and I down and went over every single cost, specific to our treatment plan..She answered all of our questions, they even personally called our insurances to determine coverages. They broke down the cost of each item, from the anesthesiologist, embryo freezing, and the medications...They also have locations in Pleasant Grove, Sandy and even Idaho. The only downfall is for egg retrieval you will have to travel to the Sandy location, this is also where they will store the embryos....
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland was always willing to explain every detail. I always have so many questions and he never rushed me or dismissed my questions. He would even break out charts, pictures, and diagrams to help my husband and I understand what is happening, what the next step will be, and every detail in between.
Stay relaxed. He is a very mellow doctor, and I was so tense and emotional my first time meeting him that I wasn't even able to remember everything that happened! You'll be emotional and tense just because you're in this situation but Dr. Gililland will try to make you smile and laugh, and that helps so much.
Dr. Gilliland always took time to say hello and goodbye to us while we were in the office. He was always polite and smiling, but he did forget my husbands name once (while it was on the computer screen in front of him).. Awkward!
When we first were referred to Dr. Gililland it was for a Semen Analysis for my husband. I had just had a laparoscopy and it dismissed the endometriosis idea, so it was our next idea as to why we could not conceive. Results came back and they were low and we found our problem. Once we met with the doctor to go over these results he ordered blood tests to determine where these results were coming from. He also ordered me an ultra sound and a HSG (an x-ray of the fallopian tubes) just to make sure everything was healthy on my end. My husbands hormone levels showed on his blood test, very low, and out of sorts. He was then placed on Clomid to help raise the levels, and it did just that! His hormones raised significantly and he feels better with more energy, although it did not help his sperm count and motility. The doctor has now suggested we move on to IVF, my husbands numbers are too low to consider any other treatment course. They plan to just work with the numbers that my husband can produce since they are unable to help anymore.
The nursing staff at this clinic is amazing. They are all kind and caring, there is a handful of nurses and I have personally been helped by each one at different times.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is extremely close to our home, located in Clearfield Utah. They also have locations in Pleasant Grove, Sandy and even Idaho. The only downfall is for egg retrieval you will have to travel to the Sandy location, this is also where they will store the embryos.
The billing director sat my husband and I down and went over every single cost, specific to our treatment plan. Some couples need need things that others don't, and we would have never been able to tell what we needed on our own. She answered all of our questions, they even personally called our insurances to determine coverages. They broke down the cost of each item, from the anesthesiologist, embryo freezing, and the medications.
My doctor had a very strong preference to do a single embryo transfer. However, I am young and healthy, therefore I can see where he is coming from. It depends on the patient and he said that it is ultimately up to the couple how many they would like to transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Keith Blauer] tells is how it is as gentle as he can, but he doesn't give false hope. He told us we had a 10-15% chance of getting pregnant with IVF and I am currently expecting. He will go into as much or as little detail about your situation as possible and will do whatever he can to help.... He even called me at night to deliver results or his opinion on the next step for us and helped us get through a miscarriage and a year of treatments. Dr. Blauer is always concerned about my mental and emotional state of mind and would make sure I was absolutely ready before suggesting another treatment.
Their [Reproductive Care Center] IVF bundle packages save you a TON of money. All the staff is really nice and their place is organized and clean. They always have Ellen on or something funny so the wait doesn't seem as bad. They also have an app that you can use to track your appointments and see your blood test results.... Jeanette was the best nurse I could have asked for. She was always there for me and would return my calls as late as 7:30 some nights. She was super happy when telling me I was pregnant for the first time and we are now facebook friends. She was involved in a huge IVF study and had to work on that, so Tracy became my new nurse. She was just as great. She was also undergoing infertility treatments at the same time, so we could talk and tell each other of our experiences. I love the nursing staff there! They are all super nice and understanding.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
We got serious about treatment when the RCC was expanding their clinic in Idaho, so he didn't do a lot of my ultrasounds and check ups, but he was there for the important ones. He even called me at night to deliver results or his opinion on the next step for us and helped us get through a miscarriage and a year of treatments. Dr. Blauer is always concerned about my mental and emotional state of mind and would make sure I was absolutely ready before suggesting another treatment.
He tells is how it is as gentle as he can, but he doesn't give false hope. He told us we had a 10-15% chance of getting pregnant with IVF and I am currently expecting. He will go into as much or as little detail about your situation as possible and will do whatever he can to help.
Dr. Blauer answered all of our questions when we first came in for a consult- and we had a LOT of questions. We talked for at least an hour and he didn't rush us and got to know us personally. He knew I was a special case and gave us the facts, but also gave us hope that we desperately needed. During some visits, we would both show each other pictures of our dogs. I really like Dr. Blauer and recommend him to anyone that needs help.
Due to my condition, I had to take almost triple the amount of meds a normal IVF patient had to take. My eggs would not react as well. We noticed this trend halfway through my cycle and decided to up the dosage and got much better results. He suggested I take multiple vitamins to preserve egg quality (DHEA, Melatonin, SeroVital, Vitamin D3, CoQ10 and a prenatal for months) We switched from progesterone suppositories to injections because they were cheaper and more convenient for me working full-time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette Rossi)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I think they are getting busier, which is really good for them. Sometimes the wait is a little long (30 min). Their IVF bundle packages save you a TON of money. All the staff is really nice and their place is organized and clean. They always have Ellen on or something funny so the wait doesn't seem as bad. They also have an app that you can use to track your appointments and see your blood test results.
After the IUI's we decided to do a package IVF deal with 2 or 3 cycles if we paid cash up front. We paid about $15k for the dual cycle package and another $4k in medication costs. They even gave us the option to "upgrade" to a 3rd IVF cycle for the package cost. We had to get special permission to get the package deal but it was worth it. They were also offering discounted IVF cycles to couples who qualified (we didn't qualify, but lots others did). Because we had insurance coverage, they were able to get us some money back for the multiple IVF cycle - $12,000, making it a little cheaper to try and have a baby. They were always willing to talk to me about any of my financial questions and their online docusign program is awesome. It saves you a trip from having to go to the clinic in person and sign the papers.
Originally we transferred 2 embryos on the first fresh IVF cycle in hopes of getting twins but neither took. The first frozen cycle we transferred 2 as well and one took and resulted in a miscarriage. The last frozen cycle we only did one. Dr. Blauer strongly recommended implanting no more than 2 embryos and I'm glad we did only one the last time.

Anovulation, Male Factor
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer is a very nice man and a knowledgable, experienced doctor. I could definitely tell that he knew what he was talking about. However, he does have a bit of an awkward bedside manner sometimes, as though he is more comfortable with the science than the people. I also felt like there were times he could have prepared better for our appointments because we'd go in for a follow up and spend most of our time reviewing our charts and talking about past treatments rather than focusing on a plan for the next step. There was one time where another doctor made a suggestion that Dr. Blauer did not agree with and I chose to follow which seemed to bother him a bit but not enough that things got uncomfortable or caused a problem (in fact it resulted in our live birth!).
My advice would be to make sure you research your options and conditions then come prepared with very specific questions so that you leave understanding exactly where you're at and where you're going. Also, that way if there is any kind of option he may not specifically suggest you can bring it to his attention and work together to decide if its right for you. Also, don't be afraid to make a decision based on what your comfortable with even if it isn't necessarily his top recommendation.
To Dr. Blaur I felt a little bit more like a number because he often spent our appointment time reviewing charts to remind himself of facts that he had forgotten (something I felt could and maybe should have been done before bringing us into his office). He was more focused of the technical side of things. However, his lead nurse who most of my communication with, very much so treated me as a person and was an absolute angel through the whole process. She was literally constantly available to me for absolutely anything I needed no matter the time of day and her responses were always very quick when I needed information or lab orders. She went so far above and beyond what I would expect that I felt she really was a big reason I was able to cope fairly well through 6 cycles of IVF, 2 miscarriages, and 3 negative pregnancy tests before getting my miracle baby.
My treatments were pretty standard as far as I am aware. I was put on follistim (because of which insurance I had), low dose HCG(done by the clinic), cetrotide(as a supressor), pregnyl(trigger shot), and endometrin suppositories (progesterone for after transfer) all at typical doses as well. I took the first two every night and then added the third halfway through to help avoid hyperstimulation. The pregnyl was a trigger shot taken once my follicles were ready in order to trigger the release of the eggs. My husband and I would go in before the retrieval to give a seamen sample to so the eggs would be fertilized immediately after with ICSI because of low sperm mobility. Then the embryos were graded on Day three which is when we choose to transfer the first time and continued to do because we left the rest of the embryos until day 5 and for some reason none of them ever made it to that. The only thing that I remember changing from cycle to cycle was some different supplements that were added for various reasons. Its been so long I'm not sure I could keep straight the reasons for each but I took CoQ10 (300 mg twice daily), serovital (4 at bedtime), 2000 units of vitamin d, Metafolin (1mg daily for an MTHFR deficiency found through genetic testing). My baby was a result of my very last FET which was done at the Idaho clinic. Another Dr. did one of my monitoring appointments and suggested letting my uterine lining thicken a little more than Dr. Blauer typically did. We decided to take his advice despite it seeming "unnecessary" and got our daughter! Whether it was because of that or not we'll never know but thats the only thing I remember changing besides small changes in dose based on my blood draw levels. I'm not sure what else would be included as protocols but I hope that was enough details!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanetter Rossi)
Jeanette was literally an absolute angel! She is the greatest blessing I could have ever asked for out of a clinic. She constantly went above and beyond the call of duty. She would answer emails or even call me after hours, at home, to answer questions or calm worries. She went out of her way to make things as easy for me as possible and never hesitated to change things to be more convenient for me. I seriously can't possibly say enough good things about this women. I tell anyone who'll listen about how she is the reason I got through 6 cycles of IVF without losing my mind. We were in almost constant communication and I knew she had my back every step of the way. I love her dearly for everything she did for me over the 4 years it took to get my baby!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I'd say the best part of this clinic is that they send Doctors to Idaho every month or two for patients there that don't have access to a clinic closer by. In fact, since beginning my journey with reproductive care center they have opened an Idaho office where they do cycles quarterly. I live in Idaho so this is why I decided to work with them. The way the clinic works is that you have a specific Dr. but if they are not all always running cycles. So if you need a cycle done when your Dr. isn't in charge of the batch you just have monitoring appointments with whoever is there but your Dr. is always the one to review things and make final big decisions and your specific nurse is still the one to communicate results and instructions with you. In fact because of this I think I saw most of the doctors at the clinic at one point or another. I actually liked that fact because then if there was ever a problem with your main Dr. you would at least have an idea of who might want to switch to if the need arose. I was also very pleased with the billing department and how helpful they and the receptionists were. They even were able to suggest a package deal to me that helped stretched my insurance benefits to help me get more for my money, without which I might not have gotten pregnant!
I do not remember specifics because I was incredibly blessed to have great insurance so the costs change based on that