Genetic counseling: Offered
2435 West 450 South
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care Center to a friend?

I loved that they [Reproductive Care Center] had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinics nursing staff is awesome I loved pretty much everyone that I worked with. The billing department lady was sometimes rude, especially at the beginning when I was clueless with how everything worked. I loved that they had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer was not very personable and did not go into depth about many of the procedures. I felt I was going in blind, even after doing a lot of research before hand. He was present for monitoring, retrieval and transfers. I was an out of state patient and it was very difficult for me to feel like I was a priority at the clinic. When it failed twice I had no explanations as to why and he neglected to reach out or even try to help me find a different answer or protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Chanise )
I loved Chanise!!! She would always call me back, answer my questions, and address all of my concerns. I truly felt that she cared. During my transfers I was in a lot of pain and she would try and distract me and would make jokes and helped me really relax. SHE IS THE BOMB!
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
In the beginning Dr. Blauer seemed to care and wanted to help, he also seemed very confident with our chances to start off. During stims and monitoring he never really gave a lot of insight to how we were doing and what he expected. I felt like he just felt BLAH about how we were doing. Out of sight and out of mind as a patient. I was also really upset about the lack of communication. We wanted 2 embryos the second go round and I talked with everyone at the clinic several times to make sure this was in place. On the day of transfer he showed us 1 embryo and I said no I wanted two. He said he refused to do two and never told me until THE DAY OF TRANSFER. I was emotionally distraught to say the least. After our second failure I wanted answers. He never reached out and didn't seem to care at all about changing the protocol or helping me. I had to speak with his nurse about my frustrations and he responded to those concerns with "notes in my chart" for if I called again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Ask as many questions as you can! Ask why he is doing what he is doing, ask what follow up you can expect and try and schedule a plan before every big procedure.
Describe the protocols Keith Blauer used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Blauer is very conservative with medication to avoid OHSS, especially in someone my age. I was on fairly low doses of menopur and gonal f for egg retrieval and began suppositories of progesterone in preparation or my fresh transfer. For my frozen I was on estradiol, baby aspirin, and PIO injections. I responded very well to everything I had plenty of follicles and produced 17 eggs. For my frozen it was postponed a month because I responded too well to the estradiol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.
We had partial insurance coverage, the total bill was about 35,000 with meds for retrieval and fresh cycle. Frozen was about another 5,000
Describe Keith Blauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Dr. Blauer would only transfer 1 embryo for me for my first fresh and first frozen, but said after that he would maybe consider 2.
Sandy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.

2017 - 2019
Most of the time when we show up on time we are waiting for a lot longer than normal [at RRC-Clearfield]. The nurses are really great to work with especially over the phone. It may take them a little bit to call you back, but they do return your call. The last time I went there I was out in the waiting room and one of the girls by the front desk was very obnoxious and gossiping. It felt very unprofessional.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Most of the time when we show up on time we are waiting for a lot longer than normal. The nurses are really great to work with especially over the phone. It may take them a little bit to call you back, but they do return your call. The last time I went there I was out in the waiting room and one of the girls by the front desk was very obnoxious and gossiping. It felt very unprofessional.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
After each consultation with the doctor I was rushed into billing. Then finding out I would have to wait for few months to get into the next batch of people before doing IVF. It wasn’t just a personal journey, and my own timing. it felt like I had to be on a schedule with tons of other people to make it worth his time.
I loved Amy and heather very much! They were very compassionate toward me and my husband. They answered all my questions and stayed to explain things until I understood. One nurse I don’t know her name was the one that said “you know what to do” after my miscarriage. I really don’t like her. She’s not very personable.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I had a miscarriage with the first treatment. Understandable that things happen. But when I went in for a follow after I had passed everything I felt very heartbroken and was hoping to feel some comfort from the staff. Nope. Nothing. I was called into the back, had my blood drawn, and the nurse said “K, you know what to do.” Meaning strip from the waist down to do an ultrasound. Umm yeah. Very unprofessional. I was so mad. The last 3 appointments with Dr. G he has rushed me to billing without first wanting to answer all my questions. We were VERY discouraged after he required me to get ANOTHER hysteroscopy surgery before doing IVF after the fact I just had it done 6 months prior which also included laparoscopic surgery. Then telling us he won’t let me do IVF at all until he does the surgery. We feel like he is in it for the money. I will never go back to RCC. I don’t like a doctor laughing in my face for honest questions I have.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Don’t let him get up and send you away until you have all your questions answered. Know your rights as a patient.
Describe the protocols John Gililland used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
First cycle. Low dose femara with gonal f injections and times intercourse. Pregnant with a miscarriage. Same doses for second cycle. Not pregnant. Third high dose of injectables and femara and iui Not pregnant. Femara and iui not pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center.
HSG $300 SHG $300 in office hysteroscopy $400 consult $200 Ultrasounds $250 injections $400-$600
Describe John Gililland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
I asked if I could transfer more than one embryo with IVF. He said no. I asked well isn’t it my choice as the patient. He said no... well I mean yeah it is. And that’s where he proceeded to laugh in my face and make me feel stupid. Then, quickly off to billing! I wish he would tactfully explain all the reasons he advised only one embryo

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
I think this clinic [RCC-Sandy] is awesome. It is clean, the doctors, nurses, and staff are all so nice and helpful. I don't think they have any weaknesses. I would recommend the entire team and clinic to anyone I know in the same situation.... They were wonderful in helping me feel more at ease with my fertility situation. They definitely made sure I understood the next steps to take in order to get where we wanted to be..... My insurance had a $50 copay for a specialist office. Of course all of the preliminary tests were out of pockets so we have probably spent close to $5000 on those tests.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I think this clinic is awesome. It is clean, the doctors, nurses, and staff are all so nice and helpful. I don't think they have any weaknesses. I would recommend the entire team and clinic to anyone I know in the same situation.
He truly cared about what my husband and I had to say. We have been trying to conceive for 6 years and it felt like he cared and tried to give us solutions to help.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He seemed very personable and there to help us in a very uncomfortable situation. Nobody wants to have to go to a fertility doctor. So he made it more comfortable to speak about our situation. He sometimes can forget to "dumb things down" so I can understand things though. I would make sure to have plenty of questions to ask so I understood everything.
Go to each appointment with questions that you have so you can get them answered. Everyone is so knowledgeable and they can help you understand the whole fertility process a little better.
He had me do 4 cycles of clomid and femara on days 3-7 of each cycle with times intercourse from ovulation predictor kits. After 4 cycles without success he suggested moving on to IUI. My husband and I are just saving money to continue with IUI, but in the meantime Dr. Blauer put me on metformin to regulate menstruation/ovulation. I am still taking femara days 3-7 of my cycles.

2016 - 2019
Easy to communicate with scheduling, nursing teams, payment coordinators, etc. I have been pleased all around with the clinic staff [Reproductive Care Center] and friendliness.... The particular nurse mentioned is amazing at coordinating and communicating most definitely. She is whom I communicate with the most. On our first failed cycle I felt like she lacked a lot of empathy and was put off by that. I do love and amazed by his staff in the Idaho Clinic. They are amazing all around. .
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Easy to communicate with scheduling, nursing teams, payment coordinators, etc. I have been pleased all around with the clinic staff and friendliness. I remember having issues with prior nurses and their communicating but have had no issues with the current staff. Highly recommend Dr Blauers team!
DR. BLAUER HAS THE MOST AMAZING BEDSIDE MANNER, WILL SIT AND ANWSER ALL OUR QUESTIONS IN DEPTH AND RESEARCH EVERYTHING WE BRING UP IF HE HASN'T USED THAT PARTICULAR PROTOCOL. HE IS SUCH AN AMAZING DOCTOR TO WORK WITH!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Sam Wright)
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
We have had nothing but amazing experiences with Dr. Blauer. I can't remember a time I have left not knowing what was going on in our cycle, protocol or what to expect next. He anwsers all of our questions in depth, he is very understanding and has the best bedside manner. He has called us to simply check on us after failed FETs. He truly wants his patients to take a baby home!
That they truly would not be disappointed with his care. We couldn't of picked a more dedicated doctor than him!
We had been treated with my regular obgyn and failed 6 IUIS. We knew it was time to see a RE. He gave us the opposite to do one IUI, with days 3-7 at 75mg of Femera, that was a negative pregnancy test. We waited 2 years until we were able to go to IVF. The STIM medications I used for 9 days (Gonal F, Cetrocide, Menopur, baby aspirin, over the counter vitamins) we had an egg retrieval where I was at risk for hyperstimulation and opted to do a freeze all and do a transfer the following month. We are male factor so we did ICSI. Our first transfer failed so we are not trying to get another protocol set for FET 2.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled, comfortingly, not rush and organized. I've never felt like a number or cattle call in their clinic.
My husband and I received a free cycle through the Footsteps for Fertility Run organization. We revieved a free IVF Cycle and monitoring for no cost. We paid $3800 for medications roughly, $518 for embroyo storage, other minor associated costs. Our first Frozen embryo transfer failed and we preparing for FET 2..
Dr Blauer always encourages 1 embroyo with our specific treatment. He encourages 1 for multiple reasons. Mother and bab(ies) in mind.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [RRC-Sandy] also has a mandatory IVF class that patients need to take before starting. The class was 3 hours of a PowerPoint presentation. It was grueling, but extremely informational. We had some prior knowledge of what to expect, but it’s was extremely helpful and we even practiced mixing together the medicine for injections and giving them to fake belly’s. The nurse giving the class gave a great piece of advice, “never feel like you’re asking too many questions or think you are bothering us because you’re not. This is our job and we are here to help you.” It was really nice to hear that, because there is so much information and it’s extremely overwhelming and at times confusing. So to have the staff be supportive is another weight lifted.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Overall I have had a good experience at this clinic. Obviously getting bad news sucks anywhere, but the staff has always been kind and helpful. They are great at explaining the billing and are willing to call insurance companies. They know that most insurance companies don’t pay, so they have a lot of options for payment plans. When I have called after hours to schedule, they are usually pretty prompt about getting back to me in the morning, and they really work with your schedule to make appointments work. I really didn’t know what to expect as far as a clinic runs but I’ve had friends go to other clinics that were not upfront about telling them the price of procedures. I did not experience that here, the billing staff was extremely thorough about all of the procedures and different options, and the pricing was broken down exactly. The clinic also has a mandatory IVF class that patients need to take before starting. The class was 3 hours of a PowerPoint presentation. It was grueling, but extremely informational. We had some prior knowledge of what to expect, but it’s was extremely helpful and we even practiced mixing together the medicine for injections and giving them to fake belly’s. The nurse giving the class gave a great piece of advice, “never feel like you’re asking too many questions or think you are bothering us because you’re not. This is our job and we are here to help you.” It was really nice to hear that, because there is so much information and it’s extremely overwhelming and at times confusing. So to have the staff be supportive is another weight lifted.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He took so much time to go over our new found test results (my PCOM, a form of PCOS) and was very empathetic while we absorbed the new and heartbreaking information. He and his staff are great at breaking down every piece of information and explaining the reasoning for each thing. He even explained the history of PCOS and explained the differences. I tried to do internet research on it, and there really is nothing that comes up for PCOM, so I was extremely grateful for his insight. Instead of it being a business transaction, he is helping us have a baby and that is his number one concern.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea is extremely knowledgeable and organized, I’ve only worked with her a few times since we’ve switched, but she is punctual about getting results back and great at explaining them over the phone.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I was desperately seeking some warm bedside manner after our last Dr. I’m extremely sensitive and want to be fully trusting in our doctor. Dr. Hatasaka has a very quiet voice and I had to strain to hear him, but he has such a warm welcoming aura, and such an empathetic tenderness towards his patients. I could tell that his patients came first, and that’s what sold me. He gave us full explanations on what to expect and what our best options were. My husband and I never felt we were pushed into one option and then told to do a bunch of tests without knowing what they were for. The level of detail that is provided is such a big deal for me because I truly want to understand what we are putting into our bodies and what each thing is for. I’ve only gone to see Dr. Hatasaka a couple times but we are now to the stage of invitro and I am extremely comfortable in his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He is in high demand so you might have to wait a while for a consultation.
Describe the protocols Harry Hatasaka used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
So far we have just done some preliminary blood tests before we proceed onto IVF. Such as infectious disease, OAR, baseline ultrasound and a saline sonogram to check my follicles in resting stage and ovulation and a couple others (I can’t remember the abbreviation). He and his staff explained why we needed to wait at certain times in my cycle to do the tests to get the best results. The baseline ultrasound was to show a resting stage of the ovaries and the saline sonogram was to show the active stage of the ovaries, and they were able to measure follicle sizes that way. He did say that he would be monitoring my bloodwork closely when we start doing injections and adjust prescriptions as needed, since I am now at a risk to hyperstimulate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.
The billing team gave us a list of breakdown prices with and without medications. They offer a money back guarantee which starts at $24,000 and can go up. This does not include medications. Our insurance was billed for the bloodwork, the saline sonogram was paid out of pocket for $460. We haven’t received a bill yet for our bloodwork, so I’m not sure the amount we will have to pay yet. We switched doctors within the clinic and I was concerned we would have to pay another consultation fee, but they waived it.
Describe Harry Hatasaka's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
This was very interesting to me, I thought that protocol was to place multiple embryos but Dr. Hatasaka explained that there is technology now to get the embryos to a more advanced stage so the likelihood of them implanting is much more successful. He explained that your body is more likely to accept one, rather than multiples because you’re body is trying to provide nutrients to the embryos but can be spread thin if there is more than one. So now normal protocol is one embryo because you are more likely to have a live birth which is the goal!
Sandy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [Reproductive Care Center] close early on Wednesday’s and aren’t open some fridays. You have to call the office before 4 pm usually if you need something that day which can be hard if you work. The staff has been good to work with. The sitting room is inviting and homey. ... Another [nurse] stayed with me during my X-ray just because she could tell I was nervous and because of the exposure of the X-ray my husband couldn’t be present but she stayed by my side and encouraged me and talked me through it.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only thing I don’t love are the hours are a little tricky! They close early on Wednesday’s and aren’t open some fridays. You have to call the office before 4 pm usually if you need something that day which can be hard if you work. The staff has been good to work with. The sitting room is inviting and homey. The office is nice as well. They put cute booties over the stirrups to make them feel less intimidating.
He took time to listen to my every woe and concern, didn’t rush our apptments and made certain I had could make informed decisions nd felt comfortable with each step. He didn’t come across judgmental and made me feel like he wanted my success too!
The nurses were so caring. One in particular did an internal ultrasound on me and was so gentle. She explained each step as she went and explained what it was she was looking for and what the results meant. Another stayed with me during my X-ray just because she could tell I was nervous and because of the exposure of the X-ray my husband couldn’t be present but she stayed by my side and encouraged me and talked me through it. I was so grateful!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was a great listener and explainer from the very beginning. He was willing to go at my pace and ensure I had all the information along the way. He never once made me feel judged or shamed. Through different procedures and diagnostic studies he could tell I was nervous for some of them and made sure I was confident and ready before he proceeded. He helped me feel relaxed and understood.
What are you waiting for?! :)
We did a good amount of dx studies at first , labs, X-ray, follicular studies, ovulation tests, more labs. When my prolactin levels resulted in high levels, he order an MRI to rule out a pituitary tumor. Knowing this was causing me some concern he made sure to get the results and treatment plan to me soon after the MRI. I take bromocriptine for my prolactin and have tried ovulation enhancing drugs a couple of cycles now. We’re in the process of now deciding to try IUI or other options.
I do t recall exactly but when I was doing research they were the most affordable clinic I found. And we’re good about telling me costs of things. I was double covered for the first little while and don’t remember paying much if anything for diagnostic testing (besides the MRI) but even after that it’s been affordable so far
Clearfield

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center.

I have never had a nurse or doctor [at Reproductive Care Center] call with test results. I have always had to call them to find the results. Also, they didn't really explain the results and what that means for our fertility plan/journey...The consult was reduced if you had a referring friend. A round of shots cost $497 shipped overnight. My IUI cost 417 out of pocket. Each ultrasound was $250...I have been to all three offices, and all are nice. It seems like they manage to squeeze you in when needed. They work with your insurance. The clinic is comfortable and homey which is nice. I think they sometimes need to print bills and show you what you are being charged for, rather than just telling you a lump sum. I also think that some explanation of how some things work and what to expect. The overall feeling is that they care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I have only actually met with Dr. G once, during the consult. The rest of the time my care was monitored by nurses. My husband and I had heard that he was great and so instead of going to the clinic closest to us, we traveled an extra two hours to be under his care. However, he hasn't ever met with us to discuss test results or what my infertility may be stemming from.
The nurses were always kind and positive. They were compassionate and the nurse that performed my IUI was very informative. They do take a while to call back, which can be frustrating especially in a time crunch, but I am sure they are busy.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. G seemed very knowledgable on paper and the one time we met. However, I have only ever spent 40 or so minutes with him in the time (5 months) I have been in his care. The one time he passed us in the hall on our way to our IUI and he didn't even say hi or check on us. I feel like my husband and I are the ones in charge of our treatment. We are new to seeking treatment, so we were really hoping for a doctor that could guide us in what is the best course of action for our secondary infertility, but it almost seems like our case is "boring" so not worth his time.
Be vocal. Make sure to write down all of your questions before meeting with the doctor so you make the most of the consult.
When I first met with Dr. G, we have been on Clomid for 6 months. Immediately after our consult we received a semen analysis and egg examination. We started injections (114 mg)and a trigger shot with timed intercourse. It was told that we shouldn't have a problem getting pregnant. The first cycle resulted in a negative test. The second cycle we upped the meds to 132 mg and timed intercourse. The last cycle was increased to 175 mg and I ovulated on my own with IUI. One week later the nurses called to inform me that Dr. G had yet to ask for Progesterone test one week after ovulation. It was suggested I get one done. This cycle has also resulted in a negative test. I am unsure of the rationale, as I was the one who asked to do an IUI. Again, I haven't spoken to Dr. G since the consult so I am not sure why the treatment is the course he went with.

Anovulation, Male Factor
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] has easy scheduling and is private. Everyone seems to be well informed and if they don't know the answer they refer you to someone that does. The only weakness that I experienced was that every time i tried calling the nurse to her extension she would never answer but as soon as i call the front desk they would find her for me...They [nurses] were very comforting and understanding. When we found out we couldnt do the IUI the nurse in charge of the sperm analysis was very comforting and kept me from crying being very positive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic has easy scheduling and is private. Everyone seems to be well informed and if they don't know the answer they refer you to someone that does. The only weakness that I experienced was that every time i tried calling the nurse to her extension she would never answer but as soon as i call the front desk they would find her for me
I felt like a human because when we where scheduled for IUI and couldn’t because of low sperm count he took us into his office and explained what was happening
They were very comforting and understanding. When we found out we couldnt do the IUI the nurse in charge of the sperm analysis was very comforting and kept me from crying being very positive.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very informative and referred us to the correct doctors. We went to see a urologist for male factor infertility and did multiple sperm analysis and blood work. Once we realized sperm count was the issue he sat us down and explained what we needed to do and didn’t go through with the IUI because he didn’t want us spending money unnecessarily
Don’t go in with expectations about results
We initially thought about doing IUI because of cost and i took one cycle of Gonal F and a trigger shot. Like i mentioned before where unable to complete do to the fact that my husbands sperm count was too low. I tried with my gynecologist initially three rounds of clomid which weren't successful later come to find it was because my husbands sperm count was low. We also checked my tubes for blockage which turned out fine. I was having irregular periods but he diagnosed me with annovulation with no real reason to why and my husband has early testicular failure cause unknown
I have tricare which covered about 80% if not more of the initial work up. As far as the IUI i was able to get the medications at a discount for 75% and for IVF still don't have the finances for.
We did not discuss these

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
I have found that if I call and leave messages or email [for Reproductive Care Center], I don't always hear back right away. I do have to be my own advocate, and that means that sometimes I will need to follow up to get a response from the team...The nursing staff is kind, compassionate, organized, and thorough. Andrea answers any questions I have, even if I call 3 times a day...Each IUI was around $440. We are signing up for the money back guarantee IVF treatment which costs $23,000 and includes 4 IVF cycles. The information for costs is on their website and is a great place to start when looking at costs and treatment options.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I have found that if I call and leave messages or email, I don't always hear back right away. I do have to be my own advocate, and that means that sometimes I will need to follow up to get a response from the team.
Dr. Hatasaka takes time to get to know each patient before the consultation visit. He spent a couple of hours with us during our consultation and at each of our follow up visits. He never rushes, and makes sure to explain everything, answer all the questions, and go into as much detail as you need. He is always thorough in answering my questions, and provides research backed data to help me make the most informed decisions about my care. He knows my story and always checks in on me first as his patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Carlson)
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Hatasaka is very thorough in explaining the process and helping you as a patient understand the procedures, risks, and odds of pregnancy. He is very research and data driven, and will provide multiple examples of why he does or does not recommend a certain route or procedure. He is a very kind man, and makes sure you are feeling comfortable all along the way.
If you are looking for a doctor with a lot of experience and a research based approach, Dr. Hatasaka is the one for you.
I have only done 4 IUIs with Dr. Hatasaka, and we are preparing to start IVF. For IUI Dr. Hataska likes to use Femara first to see if you will ovulate. I was ovulating on Femara, so I didn't need Clomid. He didn't ever check my follicle growth with ultrasounds during my IUIs, because blood tests and OPKs showed that I was ovulating. After 4 failed IUIs we have decided to move onto IVF.
My insurance covered tests and procedures. I did have to pay out of pocket for any infertility treatments. Each IUI was around $440. We are signing up for the money back guarantee IVF treatment which costs $23,000 and includes 4 IVF cycles. The information for costs is on their website and is a great place to start when looking at costs and treatment options.
Dr. Hatasaka recommends eSET, because it is the safest for the mother and the embryo.
Sandy

Both nurses I have seen for iui [at Reproductive Care Center] have been extremely friendly, and put me at ease during the procedures. Both were very thorough and explained everything as they were going...The clinic is clean, staff is friendly. They have multiple doctors and multiple teams of nurses. They will all assist you if you need anything, including doing procedures for you if necessary also. The only confusing thing sometimes can be billing as sometimes they have you pay when there, sometimes they bill you, sometimes it’s at the front desk, sometimes another desk as you are leaving
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Dr Blauer carefully went over numerous blood tests, and ultrasounds with us to ensure we had an understanding of what our infertility issues were and what options we had as far as fertility treatments. We were able to sit for a few hours with him and ask as many questions as we wanted. We also were able to discuss personal things in our lives like family and trips and such also
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Sam or crystal )
Both nurses I have seen for iui have been extremely friendly, and put me at ease during the procedures. Both were very thorough and explained everything as they were going
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
I have been seeing dr. Blauer for a couple of years now, he has always been friendly and knowledgeable. He ran many tests on both me and my husband to determine what our infertility issues may be, which I thought was very helpful instead of just guessing what issues could be. We came up with a game plan of how many iuis we would try before moving onto Ivf as an option. We have male factor infertility and have chosen to use donor sperm to try to get pregnant through iui. We are currently on our last iui cycle before moving onto Ivf Some strengths for dr Blauer would be the ability to talk to you kindly but also get the facts across to you, I like that he didn’t mess around with guessing issues but instead ran many tests for us to find out what was wrong. One thing people may not know or like is that you don’t always see him every time you go in for treatment depending on what you are going in for, generally you see his nurses if you are having an iui procedure rather than the main doctor, but if he is around you can always speak to him if you have a question. He does travel quite a bit so that could be a negative to someone, but it seems as though his traveling is to infertility conventions held in Europe yearly which could only aid in bettering him as a doctor, even when we was out of town he would schedule a phone meeting with me if I needed to speak to him which was nice that I could still speak to him while he was away Overall I would say my experience with dr Blauer and his team has been great and I would recommend him to a friend that was experiencing infertility. We are currently on our last iui before moving onto Ivf and he has been very supportive on what to expect and our options for the procedure if we do need to move onto it. He has stayed very positive throughout our treatments.
Go in with an open mind to what your treatments may include. Make sure you have a firm understanding of what you are wanting to spend, whether it would be beneficial to do some iuis first or to move directly onto Ivf. Listen to his advice as he knows what he is talking about
We started off with the lowest dose of clomid to accompany our first couple of iuis, then after not getting pregnant moved onto using femara to see if we got a different result, we have now moved onto femara, gonal-f (450ml) and ultrasounds to check follicle size. We also discussed that for iui using my husbands sperm was not an option and so we needed to use a donor sperm for the procedures. Dr Blauer was very knowledgeable on the different sperm banks across the country and helped guide us to a credible one. All of our procedures so far I would say have gone with protocol as starting out with lower treatment options and moving to more aggressive ones at treatment continued, also the fact that we are only going to try a certain number of iuis before moving onto Ivf
We have had varying costs so far with iuis as we have done different medications and ultrasounds with each one they varied from about $400-1000 a cycle depending
I have no comment as of yet since we have not moved onto Ivf yet.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Great clinic [RCC- Sandy]. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Great clinic. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner always cared for my desires. I drove 4 hours to see him every time and he always cared about my travels, and asked how my first child I had with IVF. He remembered my medical history and always asked what I’d like to do as far as treatment. He answered every little question we had. We gave him the opportunity to tell us what he would recommend and he always answered in our benefit and not for money. He was honest and blunt, which is what we needed to know for our financial, mental, and physical experience. He was smart and had good faith. Not only that but his nurse was exceptional. We loved her and she was so kind and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
I was assigned Dr. Heiner’s nurse every cycle. Which was very nice because we became friends with so many visits and phone calls and she remembered every bit of my medical history. She was smart and on the ball. She never forgot to call in a prescription or make an appointment for me. She was quick to cal back or respond to my emails. She was very sweet and companionate whenever I did not get pregnant or had a miscarriage and was always very excited and sweet when I did get pregnant. I honestly think Rachel made my experience at RCC so amazing. You work with the Dr quite a bit but you mostly work with the nurses and I seriously could not have gotten a better nurse. She was an absolute dream. Definitely makes the experience of infertility better because of the sweet person that she is.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have done multiple fertility treatments. They are hard. I drove from Idaho to Sandy to see Dr. Heiner (4 hours one way) and I’ll keep doing it. He is exceptional and was easy to work with. He was blunt which was good for us so we didn’t spend our money on something that ‘might’ work. He has a lot of knowledge and experience in fertility treatments. He strives for success and do whatever he can to grow his clients families. He truly has a love for his work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Have an open mind and don’t be afraid to ask a million questions. He’s so smart, so some things may go over your head. He will recommend a great plan for you or he will listen to what you have in mind. You won’t find a better staff. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. You’ve got this!!
Describe the protocols James Heiner used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
He always asked if needles bugged me because there are usually other ways of taking medication. He is concerned for you and so is his nurse. I had many treatments. Everyone is so different with their cycles and how they ovulate, etc. so the treatment strategies may be completely different from what he uses on me than what he uses on another patient. But he used what was best for me. I had been through multiple clomid cycles and iuis before coming to him. So listening to what I had done in the passed helped him to know what he should do differently. I did not get pregnant with my 3 iuis I did with him so he recommended IVF (I had done 6 previous iuis with my OBGYN). When I did not get pregnant with my first IVF cycle then he changed it up which resulted in my first child. So we did the same with my third cycle hoping for baby number two, which I did get pregnant but had a miscarriage. We were still very excited that I got pregnant, and the miscarriage had nothing to do with his procedure or medication requirements. The embryo itself was not strong enough to mature. We did have baby number two with transfer four. We will do the same treatment and medications for our next child as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic had multiple plans that you can choose from. The Dr worked with you to decide which one he would recommend depending on your history. But he always let you decide in the end. The fincancial advisor was smart and helpful. The let you do in-house financing or you could do your own financing. The Sr also provided a list of employers that helped paid for fertility treatments if we needed to search for help in that way. They were very smart and helpful.
Describe James Heiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
With not having any children yet and not knowing how my body would do with pregnancy he recommended I do a single embryo transfer. I am so glad he did because my body does not do well with pregnancy. I am on bed rest for more than half my pregnancies due to placenta abruption. Nothing to do with IVF or how I conceived. Just how my body deals with pregnancy. Because of this I don’t think I could carry twins. So his recommendation was perfect and in my best interest.
Sandy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.

This clinic is awesome. From the moment you walk in the door you feel so welcomed and reassured. Their receptionist gave birth to the first IVF baby in Idaho so she knows exactly what you are going through and was so wonderful to work with. They always made sure we were comfortable — gave us water, a tour of the facility, basically anything we needed.... Our IVF cycle was about $10000 with $4000 in medications and $350 for OHSS insurance.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is awesome. From the moment you walk in the door you feel so welcomed and reassured. Their receptionist gave birth to the first IVF baby in Idaho so she knows exactly what you are going through and was so wonderful to work with. They always made sure we were comfortable — gave us water, a tour of the facility, basically anything we needed. They are just a truly wonderful group of individuals.
Dr Blauer is so kind an genuine. He really got to know my husband and I during our IVF cycle. We felt as though he cared for us and wanted everything to work out in our favor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The nursing staff as a whole are wonderful. We worked very closely with Lisa for our IVF cycle. She is such a sweetheart and so very helpful to make sure we knew what to expect and how everything worked. We also worked a bit with Robin and she is also great. Very kind and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer was very good to us. He told us stories about his family and really made us feel comfortable. We felt as though he genuinely wanted to know us. He did not just talk to me (the wife) while going through the procedures. He made sure both my husband and I knew what to expect each and every time we walked into the office.
If you are nervous. Don’t be. Dr. Blauer will make sure to do everything he can to help you. He is such a genuinely kind man and a great doctor.
We did a few cycles of IUI with clomid (150 mg). None of which were successful. So we decided to persue IVF. I took Menopur and Gonal-f. Then pregnyl for my trigger shot. And then after transfer I took endometrin 3 times a day. We are currently pregnant with our IVF baby!
We were only given the option to transfer one embryo.
Sandy

This clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is very efficient at taking care of their patients whether it be a Saturday afternoon or during regular business hours. They are quick to call back if you don't get connected immediately. They are empathetic and professional...Although we have not yet been able to achieve our goals to expand our family, they have been very helpful, understanding, and adaptive to our needs. They have never pressured us into treatments we were not ready for and understood our wishes to try other procedures before jumping to ICSI or IVF. We love the office and their staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is very efficient at taking care of their patients whether it be a Saturday afternoon or during regular business hours. They are quick to call back if you don't get connected immediately. They are empathetic and professional.
James Heiner met with us and explained in detail our situation, he met with us quickly after we inquired with his office and always followed up when we had questions/concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
The nursing staff was amazing, they answered all questions when asked.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
We had a great experience with RCC. Although we have not yet been able to achieve our goals to expand our family, they have been very helpful, understanding, and adaptive to our needs. They have never pressured us into treatments we were not ready for and understood our wishes to try other procedures before jumping to ICSI or IVF. We love the office and their staff.
Be prepared to ask questions, there will be a lot of information that they deal with daily that as a patient you may not fully understand. They are always happy to answer questions, so do not be afraid to ask those questions.
We completed an unmedicated IUI process. This was a fairly smooth process starting with blood-work and testing (Ultrasound, SA, HSG, etc...). We completed the IUI during peak ovulation and come back for additional testing. Received a negative test. Although not our ideal outcome, we were never lead to believe this was a perfect option for ,us as we chose to complete the IUI and were given low chances of success.
Our cost was covered by insurance, but seemed reasonable comparative to others we researched.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
They [Reproductive Care Center] have a department for every question you may have, outside of the medical staff (ex. billing, egg donor, insurance questions, front desk, embryologists/lab, etc) and they all reside under the same roof which makes it very convenient for you as the patient. I had a few bills mailed to me and I knew they were already paid for. I called the billing department and they got it fixed within minutes.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They have a department for every question you may have, outside of the medical staff (ex. billing, egg donor, insurance questions, front desk, embryologists/lab, etc) and they all reside under the same roof which makes it very convenient for you as the patient. I had a few bills mailed to me and I knew they were already paid for. I called the billing department and they got it fixed within minutes. You can tell the departments work together and communication has been great for us!
Dr Hatasaka had no concept of time (in a good way!). He made sure he answered all of my questions and thoroughly explained my procedure(s) without rushing out of the room to help another patient. He made me feel like I was his only patient each time I came in. My husband and I were very impressed with his attention to detail in the medical and personal aspects of our lives.
The best qualities the RCC nursing staff has is empathy and compassion. Many of them have even experience infertility in their own personal lives and from that create an understanding and compassionate atmosphere. It is truly heartwarming. They are so involved in my life and infertility journey that they have become lifelong friends.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Best doctor at RCC, hands down! My husband and I have now done 4 complete, fresh transfer cycles of IVF and have seen/been treated/had appointments with most of the doctors in this clinic. I recently switched doctors and made Hatasaka my primary physician at the clinic and would recommend him over and over. His attention to detail, his knowledge and wisdom in the infertility world, his kind demeanor, his way of explaining situations, EVERYTHING, is just incredible.
Come in with ALL your questions and prepare to be fed with knowledge of your individual and personal infertility world. Come in with those high expectations because they will be met and beyond!
I am diagnosed with decreased ovarian reserve (DOR) which is pretty unique considering I was 23 when I was told. This is a unique situation in itself, but I feel Dr Hatasaka looked at my charts from previous cycles and how my body reacted to each injection or medication it was given with great care. He knew what would produce the best results (more eggs for me), but also considered how my body was reacting to the medications. He even noticed fluid on my uterine wall after one particular cycle and took great care in treating that.
We opted for the multi cycle discount which included 4 fresh cycles (not including transferring frozen embryos/cycles) which costs about $22,000. That price includes everything from ultrasounds, tests, procedures, clinic visits and just about everything except for medications. Medication for each cycle is not included and I needed A LOT (more than the average) and that ranged from $3,000-$6,500 per cycle.
Every patient has a different story/ results and I believe RCC knows that. They took the time to sit with me and explain each situation as far as how many embryos to transfer when I got to that point in each cycle.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
All of the nurses [Reproductive Care Center] were so compassionate and kind! They all knew what they were doing and I felt very well taken care of....I think the clinic was amazing. Aside from the concerns I have about Dr. Moore, the clinic was perfect. I always felt welcomed and cared about by every single nurse and the secretary. They made sure I was taken care of and everyone was always very kind.... when they were doing my testing they forgot to call me with results about one thing, so I had to call them and ask for it. I may have jumped the gun a little, the day was almost over and they hadn't called yet so I called to make sure I got the results that day (they told me I would).
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
I felt like Dr. Moore really cared, and still does. He told me when I first met him that if I ever had concerns about anything, including the nurses, to text/call his personal cell phone number and we would get it cleared up. He also asked me how I was doing emotionally with everything and he acknowledged that infertility is hard, so it's okay if I struggle emotionally. He wanted me to know that he was there not just for treatment but for all the hard stuff too. That made me feel like a human more than a number for sure.
All of the nurses were so compassionate and kind! They all knew what they were doing and I felt very well taken care of.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
I feel like he knew what he was talking about for the MOST part. An example of this is my being diagnosed with endometriosis. He diagnosed me based on my symptoms, and he was going to perform surgery to fix it. It turned out that he was out of network with my insurance as well as the hospitals he does surgeries at, so I ended up having an OBGYN that I trust very much do the surgery. The OBGYN made sure to do it when I wasn't on my period but I also hadn't ovulated yet so there was no possible way I was pregnant. When we were planning on doing the surgery with Dr. Moore, he scheduled it based on HIS "surgery days" and it ended up falling in the 2 week wait, so there was a possibility I could have been pregnant for the surgery. I don't think he thought it mattered because we can't get pregnant on our own anyways, but it still was worrisome that he wanted to risk it. Other than that, he seemed very informed. He told me what diets to do to help with my mild PCOS, he referred me to a clinic for pelvic physical therapy after surgery, and he gave me a lot of information regarding pursuing IUI and IVF after the surgery. He knows what he is talking about. One other thing that kind of made me question him a little is the fact that he told me to text him with any concerns, and I texted him once asking for pain meds because my cramps from my period were unbearable (anyone with endometriosis will know what I'm talking about), but he never responded. We haven't done IVF or even an IUI yet because we wanted to get everything cleared with the surgery, and I don't think we will pursue that with him because we got a referral from a friend of another doctor that they loved working with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Make sure you ask all the questions. He will answer any and every question with grace and a lot of information. He doesn't know what you know or don't know, so ask questions. You are the patient, you deserve to know everything about what the doctors want to do with you so ASK QUESTIONS. And take advantage of the fact that he gives his cell phone number to you. He wouldn't do that if he didn't expect to get texts/calls from you.
Describe the protocols Andrew Moore used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
He just put me on femara twice, once before the surgery and once for the cycle the surgery was on (that's the cycle I'm still on).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center.
I just received a bill for $414 for all of my testing that was done, and that's because we found out later that my insurance was out of network with him. That's the only thing that's a little frustrating, but it's because I talked to my insurance before and they said I could go to any doctor on the list and I thought he was on the list. So technically it's my fault, not the clinic's.
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center.

The clinic [Reproductive Care Center-PG] is quite small, and seems a little busy for all the patients they have. It was in an easy to get to location though, and is easy to find. The room I went into didn’t seem like it got cleaned nightly, as there was hair under the chair a couple different times I visited.... I had to have multiple ultrasounds done, and I now have a bill of over $800. I didn’t expect my bill to be that much, and thought it would be much more affordable. I’ve only seen Dr. Moore for one month of treatment,
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is quite small, and seems a little busy for all the patients they have. It was in an easy to get to location though, and is easy to find. The room I went into didn’t seem like it got cleaned nightly, as there was hair under the chair a couple different times I visited.
Dr. Moore really listened to what my needs were, and gave new options to try, and gave me a lot of hope.
The nursing staff is minimal, so I’ve only worked with two nurses. They were both very kind and very helpful. They had a great demeanor about them, and were easy to work with.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Moore is very passionate about what he does. He truly cares about his patients, and what is best for them. He is very easy to communicate with, and gave me his cell number to contact him at any time, with any questions I might have. He had great ideas of new things we could try, and was very positive with his care and his ideas for my infertility journey.
Meet with him, and trust what he has to say.
I first met with Dr. Moore for a consultation, which happened to be on cycle day 3. After speaking for an hour, Dr. Moore came to the conclusion to start me on oral Mead that night. I was prescribed Femara, and took it Days 3-7. On day 6, I started injections of Gonal F. I took those on day 6-9. My body responded the best it ever has, in the 6+ years I have been trying to conceive.
The reason I went to Dr. Moore is because he accepted my insurance. It’s really hard to find a fertility doctor that accepts insurance. With that being said, I had to have multiple ultrasounds done, and I now have a bill of over $800. I didn’t expect my bill to be that much, and thought it would be much more affordable. I’ve only seen Dr. Moore for one month of treatment, which doesn’t include the IUI I had scheduled. I’m not too happy about the cost of everything I’ve seen him for. It seems like he has charged me a lot.
Pleasant Grove

The clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] is wonderful. The atmosphere is calming and peaceful. The staff are wonderful and competent. They show excellent care. They use up to date equipment. They walk you through the financial aspect of treatments, they try to help you in every way to get the care you need.... It cost us about $1,000 each cycle for medications and a complete IUI. A consultation with him was $50 in person, and $90 on the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is wonderful. The atmosphere is calming and peaceful. The staff are wonderful and competent. They show excellent care. They use up to date equipment. They walk you through the financial aspect of treatments, they try to help you in every way to get the care you need.
He validated my feelings and showed sympathy for this difficulty we are enduring. He used encouraging words and told me to not lose hope. It felt as though he really cared about my situation and that I wasn't just another patient.
They were extremely kind. They were always gentle, had wonderful bedside manner, always explained exactly what they were doing and why. I didn't always know what the next step was and sometimes had to ask what needed to be done. Overall though they were very professional and competent while showing compassion and excellent quality care.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was extremely kind and polite. He was very soft spoken. He was very thorough when assessing me and my medical history. When I first met him he was not what I expected though. He was typing very slowly, making lots of typos and needing to correct them. In the middle of our first appointment his cell phone rang and he answered it right in front of me. It just seemed strange. But overall I left feeling very comfortable and confident in his abilities and his care plan.
Be upfront, and a little bit bold, about your expectations and what you want or need from him and his office. Ask lots of questions.
I have unexplained secondary Infertility but considering my age, my health, and medical history he didn't see any reason why we couldn't find success. He did a thorough ultrasound to examine my reproductive system and egg supply. He did a full blood panel to check for complications with thyroid, hormones, or other issues. He suspected my follicles weren't stimulating enough. He started me out on the lowest dose of Clomid, along with injections of Gonal-F to increase my follicle quality. Then we did ultrasounds after completion of medications to check for my body's response, and then did an HCG shot. My ovaries and follicles responded well, but we were never successful.

1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Positives: I've never had to wait long for any appointments and they've been good about getting me appointments that work with my schedule. My one complaint would be with the billing department [Reproductive Care Center] as I've felt they aren't on top of things as the rest of the clinic.... [Cost Of Treatment] IVF with 2 egg retrievals: $18,000; ICSI: $4,100; Hyper-stim insurance: $600... Normally they've been really good about getting information to us,
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Positives: I've never had to wait long for any appointments and they've been good about getting me appointments that work with my schedule. My one complaint would be with the billing department as I've felt they aren't on top of things as the rest of the clinic.
Infertility is a rode with ups and downs. Because it is a journey that goes up and down, it can feel like we're not being treated as human because we're scared, tried, stressed, or overwhelmed. No doctor is perfect 100% and able to predict exactly what we may need that day. For us, I have felt like has done his best to be compassionate in that journey and treat me like a human with feelings, questions, fears, joys, and concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. They've answered all my questions, including finding the answers when they didn't know them.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I've had both experiences where I've wished that Dr. Hataska's delivery of a message would have been gentler or kinder, as well as moments where has been incredibly sensitive and kind in delivering terrible news. His strength is that he's very analytical and has all the numbers with whatever we're talking. I appreciate having those numbers as it's given us starting point for expectation. He lives by the numbers and some that approach could seem sterile or without hope.
Losing weight will be one of the first things he will recommend. For some, knowing that he won't move forward with treatment until they've lost weight can be demoralizing for many women and he may not be a good fit for those who struggle with this.
We have done two egg retrieval and 1fresh transfer that ended in a miscarriage. Our first egg retrieval he started low on medication as he wanted to keep me from hyper stimulating. We used a combination of cetrotide, Menopur, and Gonal F. Of the 10-12 eggs they were expecting based on mature follicles, we only ended up with 4 eggs retrieved. All 4 were fertilized. By day 3 we had 2. We transferred one at day three and froze the second good embryo on day 5. At our 7 week appointment the baby's heartbeat was slow. We were told that most likely we'd lose it. At our next appointment a week later, there was no longer a heartbeat. We were anxious to transfer our frozen embryo as soon as we'd had the three months to recover from the miscarriage. In our post-miscarriage consultation, Dr. Hatasaka knew that we wanted more than 1 child and encouraged us to think about doing a second egg retrieval before our FET just in case it was successful to hopefully have better egg quality than a year or two down the road which we decided to do. Due to the small numbers we had the first time, I requested that we go with a more aggressive approach in hopes of having more embryos to freeze. Our medication protocol was Gonal-F and the cetrotide. They got 12 eggs, 10 of which were fertilized. At day 7 we had 1 good, and 6 fair quality embryos. By day 5 we only had 2 fair quality embryos which we sent off for testing. One came back with trisomery 13, while the other had a partial mosaic on chromosome 1. While we are not planning on transferring the trisomery 13, we may transfer the second one at a later date. I did hyper stim with the second egg retrieval and are hoping to transfer our frozen embryo from the first cycle in April.
IVF with 2 egg retrievals: $18,000; ICSI: $4,100; Hyper-stim insurance: $600
No. While he recommended only doing one, he would have transferred two if that had been our preference.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
RCC is a lovely and inviting little clinic. The front desk and billing staff are the same every time i go so they are who i see the most and are the only ones i know by name and face (except for the doctor). They are very friendly and helpful.... i do remember the consult was approximately $75 for an hour of the Doctor's time, a semen analysis was approximately $350, and an IUI cycle was just over $400.... The nurses at RCC have all been very nice and helpful when i go in.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
RCC is a lovely and inviting little clinic. The front desk and billing staff are the same every time i go so they are who i see the most and are the only ones i know by name and face (except for the doctor). They are very friendly and helpful. The billing specialist has helped me immensely when my insurance has been frustrating and confusing and wasn't accepting the way the clinic was billing the diagnostic tests. All but one time there was a very short wait. The one time with a previous doctor that is not there anymore my husband and i had to wait 40+ minutes after our scheduled time to meet with the doctor. All the other times i've been i've gotten pulled out of the waiting room within 5 minutes.
I feel like Dr. Gililland is so nice that you can't help but to feel like an actual human when he talks with you each time you are there. He is so calming and has a friendly presence about him. That being said, the longer you are being treated at RCC you also can't help but feel like a number. I don't see Dr. Gililland every time I go in, sometimes i just see a nurse. When i see a new person every time I go in I do start to feel like a number because no one remembers me. I feel I have to explain my situation each time I am in there.
The nurses at RCC have all been very nice and helpful when i go in. I don't think i've had the same one twice, but i have loved them all in person. I have called in a couple times to ask questions like what do i do if this is happening or what does this mean and i have had one nurse on the phone that made me feel pretty stupid for my questions. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and think maybe she didn't know her response came across that way or something, but i hope they do understand that even if they've been asked the same question 20 times in the last month, i've only asked once, i'm new to this situation and scared.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I know Dr. Gililland is very smart and has been doing this a long time. I feel like he follows his heart and his patients heart and does not just follow what he learned in a textbook step by step. I appreciate that he takes the time to listen to your concerns, however, there have been times when i have not felt "heard". After i had told an RE before him and then him that my pain and bleeding kept getting heavier and longer every cycle, it kind of got brushed aside since i've already done every test possible at that clinic without many answers. His suggestion was to move on to IUI. I followed his advice and did 2 IUIs unsuccessfully. I finally decided to talk to a regular OBGYN (not Dr. Gililland) at another clinic for ANOTHER opinion on my pain and bleeding and he suggested surgery, which he then performed, and found stage 4 endometriosis...so bad that my ovaries were completely covered and stuck to my uterine wall...finally, a much clearer answer to my problem! I can't fault Dr. Gililland completely, i was seeing a different RE for almost 2 years at the same clinic until he moved and my care was then transferred to Dr. Gililland, so i know Dr. Gililland was going off of the previous doctor's notes and hadn't done any of my tests himself except for one HSG when the other doctor was my doctor. That is a great story in and of itself: when Dr. Gililland was performing my HSG for the other doctor, he couldn't get the dye through one of my Fallopian tubes and suggested i have surgery to see if there is endometriosis. When my actual doctor at the time saw the images and heard what Dr. Gililland had to say he decided that he wanted me to do another HSG so he could perform it himself and when he did he said he pushed the dye through so hard that he think he cleared that tube of mine that previously looked blocked. At the time, i think i did fault Dr. Gililland a little bit because i didn't now him and thought he was just trying to get me to do an expensive unnecessary surgery when my doctor was able to get it unblocked (little did i or the doctors know that wasn't really the problem), but after going through what i've been through with that 3rd doctor (the OBGYN) i realize Dr. Gililland suspected endometriosis all along and had he been my actual doctor at the time i would've had surgery much sooner, had relief much sooner, and maybe even got pregnant back then. Like i said in the beginning, Dr. Gililland follows his best instincts and i appreciate his willingness to lead by those instincts.
Try to stick with one doctor as much as you can unless you feel deep down that you need another opinion. In my case, my first doctor moved away and it forced me to see Dr. Gililland. In the long run I have been happy about the change, but it did cause some stress feeling like I was starting over. If i would've had the chance and known what i know now, I would've started with Dr. Gililland.
I have done 2 IUIs with Dr. Gililland using Letrozole before the procedure to help ovulate. I never had problems on the medication, i ovulated as i should and the IUIs, although unsuccessful from not knowing i had endometriosis, went smoothly.
I've been through so much treatment that i don't remember what everything cost but i do remember the consult was approximately $75 for an hour of the Doctor's time, a semen analysis was approximately $350, and an IUI cycle was just over $400. These prices are all self-pay prices, if your insurance covers anything for infertility then your prices would be better than that. The thing i like about this clinic is i don't recall them charging anything if i needed to come give a blood sample real quick, whereas i was charged a hefty fee at a completely different clinic to give them a urine sample to find out if i was pregnant when i knew for a fact i wasn't and also to give me a shot, which took all of 3 minutes so i like that RCC doesn't charge you for doing nothing.

Male Factor, Other
They [the staff at RCC-Sandy] are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.... $500-$1000 for IUI, depending on how intensive the IUI was. $1000-$2000 for IVF meds. About $7,000 for IVF treatment
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.
He always remembered right where we left off from the last appointment. You could tell he wanted us to get pregnant. He was friendly and compassionate. Our IVF twins were born prematurely and passed away, and when we called Dr. Heiner he was very sympathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
She was AMAZING. They all were. So on top of everything. Always answered my questions. So kind and sweet and compassionate.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I really liked Dr. Heiner. He isn’t necessarily over the top warm and fuzzy. Be he is kind enough. He always kept me in the loop and was happy to answer or elaborate on any questions I had. If I needed to talk to him on the phone he would always quickly call me back.
He doesn’t recommend implanting 2 embryos because of the risk factor with twins. I would listen to that advice. My twins were born prematurely and passed away. I wish I would’ve listened to his recommendation.
The last treatment I received was IVF fresh transfer. I did vaginal ultrasounds before hand which Dr. Heiner preformed to make sure everything looked good. As well as every time I went into check my egg progression. After my eggs were properly developed, we did the egg retreval. Again Dr Heiner was there and talked us through everything before we did it. Same goes for our implant.
He highly recommended we do 1 embryo due to the risks that multiples can cause. Your chance of getting pregnant does not go up If you implant two. You just have a higher chance of twins. He was direct and stated all the facts about why you should only implant one.
Sandy

The clinic [RRC-Sandy] is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with... I have done two cycles and they have been the same treatment. Baseline ultrasound CD 2. Femara CD 3-7. Gonal f 113ml CD 7,9 and 11. Ultrasound CD 12. If folicals are mature trigger shot CD 12. IUI CD 14. The first cycle I had 3 mature folicals, sperm sample looked great, no pregnancy. The cycle I had 2 mature folicals, sperm sample looks great but still waiting to take a pregnancy test
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with
Dr heiner is nice and has a lot of experience but he did not familiarize himself with our history prior to meeting with us. He also made us feel like any treatment or tests we had done prior to coming to the clinic could have been incorrect and wanted to start us on a natural IUI cycle. I had already been on clomid for 4 months and had done 1 IUI with my obgyn so I did not feel like starting over was the best option.
Rachel is great. She answered all my questions, showed me how to do my injections at home and had real interest and compassion for my treatment. She was sweet and a great communicator
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have only seen him twice. The first time was our initial meeting and I had to be very assertive about the treatment I wanted. The second tim I saw him was for a baseline scan of my folicals and ovaries. He said that I may have multicystic ovaries but did not go into detail or seem concerned. We have not followed up on the topic since the drugs I am taking are helping to mature a couple of folicals each cycle
Know what you want and don't be afraid to speak your mind. They might suggest a treatment plan that is less aggressive than you would like so don't hold back if you feel like you want more
On their site they list the prices for their treatment. They said the cost of a single round of IUI with scans would be 1800 not including your medication. The gonal F and trigger shot costs 300 for each round
Sandy

I go to the Idaho Falls office [for Reproductive Care Center]. It has always been very private and safe environment. They have provided information of the process, they have followed up with me on how I am feeling, and with any new information they have for me. Each time I’ve been in I’ve met with Dr Blauer as well as the nurses. Lisa is amazing. She has been the main nurse who has been by my side, along with Dr Blauer, since day one. They are very positive and professional.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I go to the Idaho Falls office. It has always been very private and safe environment. They have provided information of the process, they have followed up with me on how I am feeling, and with any new information they have for me. Each time I’ve been in I’ve met with Dr Blauer as well as the nurses. Lisa is amazing. She has been the main nurse who has been by my side, along with Dr Blauer, since day one. They are very positive and professional.
Dr Blauer is absolutely amazing. He has made me feel very important and has made my needs a priority. He is so kind! This is my first cycle of IVF so it is all new to me. But Dr Blauer and his staff have been more than willing to answer all my questions and address all my concerns. They’ve all made me feel like I’m their #1 priority!
All of the staff have been absolutely wonderful to work with.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He is extremely knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that anyone can understand it. He is very gentle and kind. He has made me feel super important and a priority in his office. His compassion and love for what he does, doesn’t go unnoticed. His bedside manners are very professional and very gentle. Our dreams have become his dream for us. I know he wants to help us achieve this miracle just as much as we want it!
Don’t hesitate to ask questions... even the most silliest!
I’m in the process of starting my first IVF cycle. We started 5 or 6 weeks ago. We first started with clomid and currently on hgh supplements. I will be starting injections with the start of my next menstrul cycle... expected in about 10 days. Getting anxious!
I’m very fortunate that my insurance has some coverage for this.
Unsure
Sandy

The nurses were great at giving information and being available when I called. ... The feeling in this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] was a good feeling. I felt comfortable and welcomed. It is small and feels personal. I felt my privacy and requests were respected. Everything was clean and well kept. I felt costs here were resonable compared to other fertility clinics. They were upfront with costs and conveyed them clearly. ...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The feeling in this clinic was a good feeling. I felt comfortable and welcomed. It is small and feels personal. I felt my privacy and requests were respected. Everything was clean and well kept. I felt my records were kept safe and well organized.
I felt comfortable under the care of Doctor Gilliland. He was very nice and answered all of our questions. Although I felt like we were getting answers and having blood work and testing done, we eventually felt we were simply not a good fit for this clinic. The staff was very nice, we just needed more initiative to be taken to move us forward at a quicker pace.
The nurses were great at giving information and being available when I called.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gilliland is very nice and attentive. He asked the right questions and listened carefully to our requests. The only thing I would change is moving at a quicker pace with the process, but maybe we could have communicated that more clearly on our end. Dr Gilliland is kind and honest with the facts about your personal infertility.
Be upfront and honest in what exactly you want to be done. Trust his advice but ask plenty of questions, because he will answer them.
Dr Gilliland had me taking bromocriptine and listened to my request when I told him it made me feel sick, so he took me off of it. He helped to diagnose my husband with male- factor infertility and had us see a urologist. He gave us options for how to treat our specific situation, I appreciated that.
We were told we would only have 1 embryo transfered per cycle because I am so young and have a great chance of getting pregnant with 1. I would be interested in transferring more than that if needed, and would love twins, so I would hope that they would do that if I requested it.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I love that a couple of the nurses I’ve worked with [at Reproductive Care Center] have struggled with infertility as well. It made them more compassionate and relatable. I had an ultrasound a few days ago and everything was looking great and ready for the FET. Marie pulled me into another room to discuss the protocol for the upcoming week and I got nervous and began to cry. She was so kind and comforted me. I’ve been really pleased with the staff. Even down to the receptionist. She’s always so sweet and welcoming.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I like to be reminded of my appointments since there is so much to worry about and occasionally they forget to call and remind me. That’s just a minor thing though. They are however great at making you feel welcome and comfortable in a terrifying and uncomfortable situation.
I felt like he actually cared about me as a person and was in the room for every ultrasound and appointment as opposed to having nurses do it all for him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Marie Few)
I love that a couple of the nurses I’ve worked with have struggled with infertility as well. It made them more compassionate and relatable. I had an ultrasound a few days ago and everything was looking great and ready for the FET. Marie pulled me into another room to discuss the protocol for the upcoming week and I got nervous and began to cry. She was so kind and comforted me. I’ve been really pleased with the staff. Even down to the receptionist. She’s always so sweet and welcoming.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
He’s kind of soft spoken which is comforting to me because he’s not loud and obnoxious. I’ve never felt uncomfortable around him especially during ultrasounds. He’s always willing to answer any questions you might have and never makes you feel stupid no matter how simple the questions may be. I feel like he cares about our success. Although, there have been a few appointments where I feel like he was a little rushed. Not sure if he was just running behind or poor scheduling.
If you want to be cared for and treated like a person and not a number then Dr Moore is the doctor for you!
Our first IVF we didn’t know I had PCOS so if that would’ve been known I’m sure our protocol/results would’ve been different. We are currently working on doing an FET and now that he knows we are doing different things to better prepare for success. Even simple things such as an anti inflammatory diet which I’ve already noticed a huge difference in the way I feel.
Our FET is going to cost a little over 4 thousand. Including medications.
Describe Andrew Moore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
When we did IVF, we only had 2 viable embryos. He suggested we transfer one and freeze the other because multiples are more risky.
Pleasant Grove

This clinic [Reproductive Care Center-PG] is great at getting you in for appointments and consultations. I feel like everyone is very nice and genuine. Biggest problem is that they don’t answer the phone all the time or because there’s only one doctor at the Pleasant Grove location, if he’s gone they just close and there’s no way to leave a message or know why they’re closed.... I don’t actually interact with the nurses much, just to call in for my prescription and any questions. They respond quickly and efficiently. I wish that they would double check why my doctor ordered certain tests at certain times.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is great at getting you in for appointments and consultations. I feel like everyone is very nice and genuine. Biggest problem is that they don’t answer the phone all the time or because there’s only one doctor at the Pleasant Grove location, if he’s gone they just close and there’s no way to leave a message or know why they’re closed.
He’s very concerned with the emotional and financial burden of fertility treatments. He constantly reassures us that treatment is at our pace, based on how we feel and what we can handle. He always takes ample time to answer or questions and makes sure all our concerns are addressed.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
So far I don’t have any negative perceptions of Dr. Moore. He has always treated me and my husband with the utmost respect. He answers all of our questions, has laid out the various treatment options in a detailed manner, and has been very honest about our chances of conceiving and what he thinks is our best option.
Ask questions all of your questions and be open to trusting him and his opinion.
He started me on 7.5 mg of femara on days 3-9 of my cycles. He started with a higher dose and longer duration because I had already tried 5mg of femara of days 3-7 without any results. He performed an ultrasound on day 10 and day 13 to confirm that the follicle was maturing, I then did a progesterone test on day 24 I think to confirm ovulation. My next cycle I did OPKs and then a progesterone test 8 days after my positive OPK. He wants us to try just ovulation induction for 3-6 cycles then we can add insemination when we think we need it due to my husbands abnormal semen analysis.
I feel like it’s expensive but better than most clinics that I’ve looked into. I also like that they are very up front about the costs of tests, procedures, and treatments.

2010 - 2018
I would recommend any of the doctors at this clinic [Reproductive Care Center], as we have worked with all of them, Dr. Blaur being the primary doctor and the other following his treatment protocol for us...[the nurses are] Very concise. They call back quickly. Compassionate. They mourn with us and celebrate with us...You pay for a cycle ahead of time and then do the entire cycle without having to pay. Infertility treatments are expensive no matter where you go. The prices at RCC are fair and competitive.
2010 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is wonderful to us because they have multiple locations. They did not when we were first patients and it was quite a drive for us, but they opened another office closer to our home and we can go to either clinic depending on what each appointment entails. I would recommend any of the doctors at this clinic, as we have worked with all of them, Dr. Blaur being the primary doctor and the other following his treatment protocol for us.
Dr. Blaur has a very kind approach to treatment. He meets with us as a couple every time we are ready to start a round of fertility cycles and he is familiar with us and our children.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blaur is an excellent doctor. He genuinely loves what he does and has a true compassion for couples who desire to have children and have trouble doing so. He is a very knowledgeable doctor with a lot of experience. He also keeps up with the latest reproductive technology and takes advantage of any science that could help his patients conceive.
I would say to get an appointment sooner than later. We did not wait one year to see a fertility doctor when we felt strongly we would have troubles conceiving and we are so glad. If there are signs of infertility, call in and get the diagnostics going.
With our first visit, we were immediately referred to a top urologist in the state to get an idea of what type of MFI we were dealing with. Once those tests were completed, Dr. Blaur gave us a very clear picture of what our options were, which were limited, and he also provided some comfort and information about support groups of that was something we were interested in. Since we were struggling with MFI, we started with a couple natural cycles with DS and then progressed from there adding medications. Our 9th IUI worked, the first cycle using injections. After that, we opted to do IVF due to limited quantities of sperm and Dr. Blaur was completely supportive. We have never had an IVF cycle not work under his care. Our first IVF cycle resulted in twins, our second in a singleton, our 3rd in a singleton, and I am currently expecting a sixth child from a FET. Dr. Blaur has been involved in every step of building our family.
He was okay with whichever we chose, one or two embryos.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Billing is so confusing! I feel like each time something is done there I receive multiple invoices. And cost can often be such a surprise! Simple ultrasound visits can cost me 4x what I pay at another gynecology clinic for the same thing. ... Many years ago a test sample was mishandled and to this day the incorrect information is still on my chart. ... I feel that they made a stressful environment lighter and more relaxed. Some of the staff know me by name, which always makes you feel more noticed and cared for.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Billing is so confusing! I feel like each time something is done there I receive multiple invoices. And cost can often be such a surprise! Simple ultrasound visits can cost me 4x what I pay at another gynecology clinic for the same thing. And since this is infertility related, these costs are often deemed “elective” and our insurance doesn’t cover them. The location is easy enough to access and the facilities are clean and well kept. I just wish that billing wasn’t such a run around.
He always greets us by name and very rarely has to check the charts for info on our treatment and care. After one of our pregnancies ended up ectopic, he very patiently held my hand while I cried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Kathy )
They started to know me (in a joking manner) as the lady with the crappy veins. The teased each other about which of them had to come do my blood draws. I feel that they made a stressful environment lighter and more relaxed. Some of the staff know me by name, which always makes you feel more noticed and cared for.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He’s very patient and kind. He took the time to address concerns I had and made sure I understood all of our options without pressuring me into more evasive treatments. He allowed me the time I needed to come to terms with our needing IVF
Ask questions. If you don’t know what’s being discussed, or are confused about medical terminology, ask him to elaborate.
We started by completing the testing panels I hadn’t finished with my previous Dr. Since my egg count and quality was fine, we started with oral medications, then proceeded to injections and finally IUI. Each failed cycle, he made adjustments to try and get us pregnant. Unfortunately due to poor tubal function, our last follow up he recommended going to IVF with embryo testing. This is an expensive procedure, so our attempts at family building have been put on hold.
Our IUI cost us $850 with medications, our medications were roughly $350. Each blood draw was $80-$140 (depending on tests). Our ultrasounds were $240! Which seemed crazy high to us. And of course billing always sent multiple items novices even though services were paid at time of service.
We haven’t yet been able to complete an IVF cycle, but we were told by friends and family that RCC and Dr. Guilliland will not transfer multiple embryos if they don’t feel it’s completely necessary.

5 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Strengths of this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] would be how passionate and caring everyone in the office is. Going through IVF is HARD on a couple emotionally, physically and financially. They understood this and did anything they could to help out. Weakness of this office would be communication. We weren’t the cookie cutter couple where everything worked out just right and we had to do some different protocols the office wasn’t used to. When we would go in the front office wouldn’t know what was going on so I’d have to explains
5 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths of this clinic would be how passionate and caring everyone in the office is. Going through IVF is HARD on a couple emotionally, physically and financially. They understood this and did anything they could to help out. Weakness of this office would be communication. We weren’t the cookie cutter couple where everything worked out just right and we had to do some different protocols the office wasn’t used to. When we would go in the front office wouldn’t know what was going on so I’d have to explains and Dr Gilliland would forget too if he didn’t read his notes before seeing me.
Dr Gilliland is very personable and treats you as a separate case from every one else.
Very passionate and knowledgeable. Absolutely love all of the nursing staff there!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gilliland is a great doctor and really cares about each individual patient. We had to try several different treatments and medications that worked for me and he was great with this. He would personally call me on weekends and even email me different studies he looked up that would potentially help my situation.
Dr Gilliland is very personable and you are in good hands.
When we first started IVF treatments we went with the basic medications. Birth control priming, gonal f 225 units, menopur 150 units and cetrotide. I did not respond to this at all. Dr Gilliland took a step back and decided birth control may have suppressed me too much and that we will try again without. He also added femera into this protocol and raised me gonal f dosage to 450. We saw great results from this and made it to egg retrieval this time!
My IUI would be about $400 and speem collection was $200 IVF was $8400, $300 for anesthesia. The rest of the money was for medication which I ordered outside the office.
Clearfield

RCC is wonderful to patients, everyone I’ve worked with has been very kind and understanding. They are very flexible with appointments which has been really helpful trying to balance all this with work... The IUIs cost around 400$ each including meds and monitoring. For IVF we did a multicycle package that’s 18k, then 2k additional for ICSI. Meds for the egg retrieval were about 3k and for the frozen transfer about 300$
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He asked questions to get to know me and my husband personally; not just our fertility history
The nursing staff overall have been wonderful. They are all very sweet and caring and really make sure I feel comfortable. Rachel has been great as well. After a bad experience at another clinic I told Rachel I really need someone who communicates well and she definitely does. She always returns my calls/emails quickly to answer any questions and get my results to me fast. My only complaint is that she hasn’t been there for any of my IUIs or transfers which I find kind of odd. She’s there every step before and after but not at the “main event”
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I’ve enjoyed working with Dr Heiner, he’s very personable. My only complaint is I wish he would explain things more thoroughly. He will explain the plan but not really the reasons behind it or what things he’s looking for
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He doesn’t always offer other options but when asked about them he’s more than willing to consider them
We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF. Because of my pcos we did a very conservative approach with medications for my egg retrieval. It was kind of disappointing because I only ended up with 8 eggs. My ovaries did not respond as predicted. But he has said we will start with a higher dose if I end up needing it again. I did one fresh transfer that did not work and recently and frozen transfer I’m still waiting on results from
I’ve always only wanted to transfer one so it wasn’t much of a discussion, he just agreed
Sandy

They [Reproductive Care Center-Pleasant Grove] have many offices throughout Utah, as well as some in Idaho, Wyoming, and maybe Colorado. I wish their PG office had their own billing instead of having to work through the Sandy clinic (I think they were working on that earlier this year.) Everybody there always had a smile on their face, which helped when going through such a traumatic time.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They have many offices throughout Utah, as well as some in Idaho, Wyoming, and maybe Colorado. I wish their PG office had their own billing instead of having to work through the Sandy clinic (I think they were working on that earlier this year.) Everybody there always had a smile on their face, which helped when going through such a traumatic time.
He wrote detailed notes in my chart for the nurses about how to get through my curvy cervix (more detail than any of them had ever seen). It certainly made the IUI process less stressful! He always seemed happy to see my husband and I. Dr. Moore filled us with hope. And when our pregnancy was confirmed he invited us to bring our baby to meet him when the time comes!
Super friendly. Always got a call back within a few hours. Always positive and happy to help.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Great bedside manner. He made jokes with us, and helped keep the mood light. Dr. Moore was very knowledgeable. Anybody who seeks treatment through him will be in capable hands. I highly recommend him.
He is straight forward, and I love that about him. Know that he is very easy going. Just know that you are in good hands with Dr. Moore and his nurses!
He went over all of my medical history from my OB and previous fertility clinic, as well as surgeries I had completed at the hospital. Because it had been a few years since we had sought out fertility treatments, we started at the beginning, but he also added a water ultrasound of my uterus, which had never been done before. My HSG that I had done before came back positively (minor scar tissue in my fallopian tubes). I did 2 rounds of femara with IUI, same protocol each time. I also had to get my Varicella vaccine updated because my immunity to that was low. I got pregnant from my 2nd IUI.
I think between my two cycles with all the ultrasounds, blood work, medications, consultation, and IUI procedures we probably paid around $5,000 out-of-pocket. (Insurance only covered minimal testing.)
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
[The nurses at Reproductive Care Center are] Generally kind, not much else stands out...Have only been here through one full cycle, so far everything had been pretty good, no real strengths or weaknesses come to mind. They give you a packet full of info about the clinic and doctors, with info about local supporters groups, when come in for your first appointment...Over $350 for my initial blood work and ultrasoun
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He sat with us for over an hour and went through our entire chart and history and explained everything he wanted to look into and why. He took the time get to know our situation before making a plan of action.
Generally kind, not much else stands out.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He has a very calm demeanor, is chatty, and likes to dive deep into the issue and explain everything as we go so we know what's happening. Goes through the pros and cons of procedures and makes sure we understand.
He likes to start with a full spectrum of tests, be prepared for blood, semen, ultrasound, and have your full medical history of both partners, including family history. When doing the tests, you deal with nurses and staff, and have to schedule appointments and pay a copay just to have your blood drawn. You don't see the doctor at these appointments.
We are still working on regulating my cycles, and getting my thyroid and prolactin levels down, going in every 4 weeks to retest until my numbers are within normal, then we will be put on femara for a round of IUI.
Over $350 for my initial blood work and ultrasound, $300 for seven analysis, $25 copay at every appointment, even just getting a blood draw, they are going to try and bill insurance for everything, but we will most likely have to cover everything out of pockets.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Clean very nice office [Reproductive Care Center]. Friendly staff! Nurses are usually very quick to respond. They always make sure ins is helping as much as possible, they will get the you the most bang for your buck. Just make sure you and your dr are on the same page with time line. Some people are ok with post poning treatment, I on the other hand want to do everything the second I can! And that’s not always possible, with him traveling.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Clean very nice office. Friendly staff! Nurses are usually very quick to respond. They always make sure ins is helping as much as possible, they will get the you the most bang for your buck. Just make sure you and your dr are on the same page with time line. Some people are ok with post poning treatment, I on the other hand want to do everything the second I can! And that’s not always possible, with him traveling.
He has always answered every single question in full detail, he cares and my last appt lasted 45 minutes. And he didn’t act hurried to get me out of there he wanted to make sure I had everything answered
Very friendly! Never make you feel uncomfortable amazing staff!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
HE is a very thorough doctor who retested blood levels other doctors had already checked and got me on correct dosage of medications. He is very welcoming and very knowledgeable!! He always listens and answers every questions I’ve ever had. And I’ve never felt rushed even when I’m taking more time then I probably should he will always make sure I’m comfortable with the next step in our treatment.
We started on blood tests to make sure levels were where they needed to be. Put me on medications re tested blood, instantly put me on Femara. I had been asking my previous dr to put me on this and they refused. With little to no explanation. Currently going in for surgery tomorrow next step is another IUI.
I feel like infertility is expensive where ever you go. However, they really really try to be sure that my ins will cover the max amount. And if there is a significant cash pay price I’m always informed.
We have discussed this for future, 2 embryos.
Clearfield

Pretty good about scheduling and answering the phone. Not all of the doctors [Reproductive Care Center] are up to par on bedside manner, but I could recommend the facility. I like the overall environment of the place and the receptionist. Not too crowded and very professional.... Very gentle and sensitive to the fact that I don’t like getting my blood taken. Helpful in explaining complicated information and very nice about answering questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Pretty good about scheduling and answering the phone. Not all of the doctors are up to par on bedside manner, but I could recommend the facility. I like the overall environment of the place and the receptionist. Not too crowded and very professional.
Dr. Moore was extremely respectful. He worked with us and our insurance company. He gave us his personal phone number and called us to follow up. He helped us receive medicine even during hours when the office was closed. He was personable and friendly.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
We had previously seen a colleague of Dr. Moore’s and had a bad experience. We were very candid with Dr. Moore and he was compassionate with us. He helped diagnose male factor infertility in my husband. We hoped to start IVF, but our insurance company was uncooperative. Dr. Moore helped write letters to our insurance company on our behalf and really worked for us. In the end, we couldn’t make it work, but we were extremely grateful for the time that Dr. Moore focused on us and the respect that he showed us.
Come with lots of questions and make sure to take notes. Take him seriously when he gives you his personal cell phone number and use it to your advantage.
My husband took samples. I had an HSC exam, an internal sonogram, & took ovulation tests.
Through my insurance, costs were reasonable for the initial consultation and diagnostic testing.

Male Factor, Other
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] was great, located just 10 minutes from my house which was nice. If ever there was an unexpected wait the reception staff would give us a heads up (only happened once) and a voucher towards our bill. The only weakness would be the c-arm used for the HSG was an older model, and the newer the c-arm the less radiation dose, especially to the ovaries would be beneficial.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic was great, located just 10 minutes from my house which was nice. If ever there was an unexpected wait the reception staff would give us a heads up (only happened once) and a voucher towards our bill. The only weakness would be the c-arm used for the HSG was an older model, and the newer the c-arm the less radiation dose, especially to the ovaries would be beneficial.
I never felt like I was being treated like a “number” Dr Gililand was very kind along with his nursing staff.
I would hope to ovulate so that my IUI would land on a weekend and I would have to go down the Sandy location because the nurse there was fantastic, she treated us like we were friends, we loved her. The nurses at Clearfield RCC were nice but weren’t as knowledgeable or didn’t explain much for the IUI treatments or after instructions as the weekend nurse at Sandy RCC.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gililand was very nice and personable. He was very knowledgeable in woman infertility but had to refer us out for male infertility, which took a lot longer for us to even get started on treatments.
Pray you don’t also have male infertility to deal with.
I had elevated prolactin levels so he put me on bromocriptine the entire treatment timeframe, which made me very dizzy all the time. We started with femara, I took two pills days 3-7 of my cycle. This resulted in two failed IUIs with if I remember correctly only one follicle per cycle, and I got a positive ovulation test both times. Next we switched to clomid, two pills days 3-7. I had more follicles and still had a positive ovulation test but the 3rd IUI was unsuccessful. So we stuck with clomid but added in FSH injections which I don’t remember the dose or when I took it in my cycle, this combo resulted in 3 great looking follicles (if there were anymore they wouldn’t have followed through with IUI, but instead would do IVF at half cost if there were more than 4) and I had a positive ovulation test and finally a successful IUI
We paid out of pocket for the genetic testing, my FSH injections ($200/cycle), and each IUI ($200/cycle). Everything else such as clomid, femara, my husbands clomid and HCG injections, our ultrasounds, the HSG procedure, our doctor consults, our insurance covered.
Clearfield

The nurses, MAs, and front desk staff at [RCC] Clearfield were really nice and I felt like everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. When I did get pregnant, I had an episode of heavy bleeding a week after what was supposed to be my last ultrasound with them. I called and asked what to do and they got me in to see Dr. Gililland that same day, even though I was supposed to be done with the clinic by then, which was really helpful during a scary time. There were a few minor mix-ups (was sent a financial document for the wrong procedure, had to go in for an extra blood draw because they forgot something, test results were sent to me but didn't get to the doctor) but nothing that affected my treatment.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The nurses, MAs, and front desk staff at Clearfield were really nice and I felt like everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. When I did get pregnant, I had an episode of heavy bleeding a week after what was supposed to be my last ultrasound with them. I called and asked what to do and they got me in to see Dr. Gililland that same day, even though I was supposed to be done with the clinic by then, which was really helpful during a scary time. There were a few minor mix-ups (was sent a financial document for the wrong procedure, had to go in for an extra blood draw because they forgot something, test results were sent to me but didn't get to the doctor) but nothing that affected my treatment.
I felt like my needs as a patient were his first priority. He would go out of his way to help me, and would make staff go out of their way as well. When I went in for an HSG, he could tell I was nervous and took time to hold my hand and reassure me. There was an abnormality on the HSG image and he wanted to follow up with a hysteroscopy, which he offered to do right there and then so I wouldn't have to wait for another cycle. There were technical problems with the hysteroscopy machine, and he persisted to get through the problems and do the procedure even though it put them past the office closing time. On my way out I asked about next steps, expecting to be told to make a follow-up appointment, but he took me back to his office and talked to me. By the time we got done he had stayed an hour late just for me. I was very impressed with him and he continued to be caring and kind during subsequent encounters with him.
There were three nurses at the Clearfield office and they were all nice and were very organized and on top of things, and were patient with my many phone calls and questions. They never answered the phone so I always had to leave a message and wait for a call back, which was sometimes nerve wracking when I was worried about something, but I almost always got a call back within the same day. They helped me apply to get a discount on medication which ended up saving me about a thousand dollars.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I loved Dr. Gililland. His style of interacting is different from what I would have originally thought I would prefer, but I was surprised with how much it helped with my anxiety throughout the whole process. He was very warm and caring and attentive, and always seemed optimistic that we would be successful. Sometimes he would use physical touch to reassure me (e.g. touching my arm or shoulder). He was very knowledgeable and (in our case) was usually right on target with treatment decisions and estimates. At some point he gave me an email address. I only used it a few times since most questions can be answered by the nurses and he appeared to answer email on his own time (early in the mornings), but it was reassuring to know I could reach him directly if I really needed to. He always answered within a day.
You might not see him very often depending on the treatment you need. He did my initial testing (ultrasound, HSG, etc.) but I didn't see him at all during three IUI cycles. All IUI monitoring and procedures were done by nurses. When we moved on to IVF, Dr. Gililland did all but one of the monitoring ultrasounds himself, including one on a Saturday, as well as the retrieval and the embryo transfer.
When my blood testing came back with FSH 12 and AMH .9, he recommended that our first treatment be IUI with Femara and Gonal F. We did three cycles of this treatment with the nurses. I used OPKs and got a positive the day of the ultrasound (day 12) each time, as well as my usual ovulation symptoms, so we never did a trigger shot. I responded well to the medication and the nurses kept telling us everything looked "ideal", but none of the cycles resulted in a pregnancy. After three failed IUIs they had us follow up with Dr. G. He gave us a choice between more IUIs with the same medications or IVF. He didn't pressure us either way but just said to consider the success rates of each (while being mindful of cost, risks, etc.). We decided to proceed with IVF. Our first attempt was cancelled due to an estrogen-producing cyst, which was gone by the second attempt. I was on stims for nine days and the dosage never changed. They had me take a lower dose of the trigger shot to reduce my risk of OHSS. We got 14 eggs, 9 mature. Dr. Gililland had said he didn't think we needed ICSI, so we didn't use it and 8 out of the 9 eggs fertilized without it. He had also said he thought we could get 4 or 5 embryos and we ended up with 3 on day 5 and 1 more on day 6 for a total of 4. Our first fresh transfer of one embryo was successful and the other 3 embryos have been frozen.
IUIs were $400 for the IUI and $400 for the medication (I did injections). Our IVF cycle ended up costing about $10,000 after paying for anesthesia and embryo storage, with medication being an additional $3,000 or so. They tried to sell us on their multiple cycle discount package, but we felt our chance of success was high enough that we didn't want to risk paying for cycles we might not need, and would rather take the risk of paying for cycles individually. This ended up being a good decision for us.
Dr. Gililland very strongly encouraged us to do a single embryo transfer, which ended up being the right choice for us. I was 30 and it was our first transfer.
Clearfield

We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage [at Reproductive Care Center]. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths: nice- they didn’t get angry or frustrated. Able to schedule appointments Weaknesses: I was mis-scheduled once- they thought I was going in for a different procedure than I was- glad I caught it ;) have failed to forward info to new doc without asking multiple times. Still have not
He forgot my name several times at appointments, so I just felt like a quick look over the notes before seeing me type patient. I was rushed through a lot of things and just handed statistics & not given options. However, he did at least look at me which was great compared to my first doctor.
I only had interaction with one during an ultrasound. She was so much more helpful than my actual doctor. She was kind and didn’t make me feel silly. The lab lady was also very kind.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was recommended to me by my OBGYN. While I was able to “schedule” certain things with him, I was never given a plan on what to do. It was a lot of “maybe” and also gave contradictory information to every other doctor I had seen and have seen since. He also forgot my name several times, and wasn’t able to diagnose a cyst on my ovary- when his nurse could. On the positive end, he was fairly kind and explained the basic things simply. I never felt uncomfortable in his presence.
You must be forward. Keep track of things yourself! And don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions!
Blood tests to track ovulation, HSG- came back normal Suggestion of IVF after normal HSG and ovulation. Suspected ebdormetriosis but said IUI or laparoscopy wouldn’t help- my doctor now is taking me through those first.
We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.
Sandy

They [Reproductive Care Center] ordered a semen analysis when we already had one completed and charged us for it twice. They also over charged us on the procedures we did have done. They were able.to resolve all of these issues...I absolutely hated that the nurses call with the results of blood work. This should be the doctors responsibility and duty. I also did not like that a nurse did my IUIs. Again, that should be the doctors job. I felt very much like just another number there and no one treated me as an individual.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I felt like he had seen so many patients like me and my case was no unique or special. He didn't make it a point to reach out to me after my miscarriage or my failed IUI to talk through what happened or what next steps would be.
They did a great job explaining when and if I should use the trigger shot. They also were available to me when I had questions. If they didnt know the answer they were honest and called me back later with the answer. Some nurses did this better than others.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I thought he was very knowledgeable about fertility and was able to explain things clearly, but only if I asked clarifying questions. I was disappointed that he wasn't at every appointment and procedure. He was very absent. He also repeated/rehearsed my file back to me each time he saw me as though he was trying to remind himself of who I was. This was frustrating to me because I didn't need a replay of the failures in the past.
Ask for what you want because if you dont you probably wont get it.
I was asked to take femara for my cycles to boost my ovulation. I took it for one cycle and didn't get a positive ovulation indicator on my test. He didnt suggest a trigger shot because I had lab work that showed I ovulated in previous months. So I took femara for another cycle and did the ovulation test at a different time during the day and got a positive. I had an IUI procedure done with my husbands fresh sperm. This resulted in a pregnancy which I miscarried at 6 weeks. The following month I took femara again, with another positive ovulation test and had another IUI procedure done. This one didnt result in a pregnancy. I decided not to pursue treatments after this.
We had all of our testing done with my obgyn so my insurance would cover it. We had our semen analysis done through a study so we didnt have to pay for it. We only paid RCC for the IUI and ultrasounds. I think the total for each cycle was $500-600. And we did two cycles.
Sandy

Testing and monitoring [at Reproductive Care Center] were done every 2-3 days. We did a lower doses because I have PCOS and they we trying not to have me overstimulate...Egg retrieval produced 20 eggs. 14 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 for PGS testing...We transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy...The nursing staff at the Clearfield clinic is small. So that means I saw one of three nurses. They all seemed to know what was happening with me. They could all answer any questions I had. Besides for a few instances, I was able to contact one of them same day. I had one of them call me after I had a miscarriage when I was still under the clinic's care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is an off-shoot of the main clinic in Sandy. Which is good and bad. Good, because there is a more intimate environment. I liked that I saw the same people every time I went in. Bad, because they are not a full clinic. Meaning they can't do IVF procedures and have more limited hours. It's not uncommon for north of Salt Lake to be forgotten. Another issue that is arising is that is getting busier. So now, if you call, you may have to leave a message and they will call you back later that day. I really felt that I was treated well here. As always, ask questions, do research, and never hesitate to be your own advocate.
Every time I went into the clinic, they knew who I was. I never felt like they were unaware of my situation. I never felt dismissed. Any question I had, they answered readily.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland was very nice, knowledgeable, and seemed very invested in helping us have a baby. He listened to my history and made accommodations in my treatment based on it. He kept a record of notes to keep track of all plans. I don't have any complaints working with Dr. Gililland. Luckily, our treatment went smoothly so I don't have any experience with having to deal with any complications with him.
Be as detailed as possible. The more the doctor knows, the better the treatment can be.
The IUIs followed similar protocol to the earlier ones. Fermara with Gonal-F injections. Then an HCG trigger shot followed by the IUI. Both of these ended with a negative pregnancy test. For the IVF cycle, I straight stimmed (no BC) because of health issues.. We did Gonal-F and Menopur injections for about a week. Along with Estradiol (orally). Testing and monitoring were done every 2-3 days. We did a lower doses because I have PCOS and they we trying not to have me overstimulate. I used Lupron for the trigger shot. They we counting about 40 follicles. Egg retrieval produced 20 eggs. 14 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 for PGS testing. The following month I began taking Estradiol and compounded gel Progesterone. We transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy. Currently, 20 weeks in March 2018.
IUI for us was covered mostly by insurance. So ultrasound were around $85 and he IUI was about $150. The IVF was around $25,000 (which included 2 cycles). The anesthesiologist was $400. The PGS testing cost around $2300 for up to 8 embryos. I needed insurance to cover OHSS since I had an AMH over 3. That cost was $$350.
Two main reasons on why we transferred one embryo. First, to reduce the risk of multiples. Past medical history was taken into consideration when making this decision. Second, transferring a single normal PGS tested embryo is recommended.

2013 - 2017
The clinic [RRC in Sandy] is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me...I love his nursing staff. They give you the emotional hug that is lacking with Dr. Heiner and listen quite a bit more...They had messed up on a couple of my blood draws and what they were testing for. Also a few mess ups with my bills.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me.
Dr. Heiner was very blunt and quick to say we had absolutely no option but IVF/ICSI. From the start, I've felt like he's in it more for the money than to help fix anything. I appreciate honesty but considering how emotionally taxing this process is I would like an RE that is sympathetic and not quite so clinical.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Rather than dealing with MFI and trying to better the situation I felt like his answer for everything is to jump straight to IVF/ICSI. I also have yet to get any guidance concerning my PCOS and what I can do for that. My biggest issue is the lack of compassion and sympathy. This has been a very tough 4.5 years TTC, and having an RE that is so clinical vs sympathetic makes the constant bad news much more devastating.
If he doesn't feel right for you, move on! Not every RE is created equal. Infertility is an emotional roller coaster and having an RE that fits your needs and knows how to approach your specific issues is invaluable.
His recommended strategy was to go straight to IVF/ICSI. My husband and I felt that was drastic and wanted more answers. We ended up seeing Dr. Hotaling for my husbands MFI and he has been great! We decided to try an IUI after my husbands treatments have made his numbers better. For that, Dr. Heiner gave me femara and an Ovidrel shot. The IUI was a bust and he continues to tell us IVF/ICSI is our only option when we hear differently from the Urologist office.
My insurance does not cover anything so it's all out of pocket. They have given some discounts on procedures and shots which is nice.
I haven't been educated on this yet.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
[The nurse at Reproductive Care Center is an] amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions...The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome...$15,500 for 2 retrievals and as many FET's as I produced. Meds were outside of that, I spent about $8,000 4,000 per cycle
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome, they always answer and if they don't they call you right back, they get you on the schedule very fast, and their office is clean and warming.
My Dr is the most kind caring individual I have ever met. He appreciates me as his patient and I can tell he is frustrated that we have not been able to conceive again. He is honest, open, and at the end of the day he cares. I do not blame him for the failed attempts, I am grateful he is the one by my side through all of this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Reinhart )
Amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
James Heiner is the best. He understands me, he is there for me, and he accommodates how far away I live from his clinic. He will take two hours to talk to me if I need it. I met him years ago and I will never switch drs. He shakes my husbands hand every time we see him, and he always follows up to check on how we are doing.
You have to ask questions. He will answer them, but he may not brush up on every detail unless you ask.
IUI's we used bravelle, femera, and ultrasounds. IVF we used bravelle, femara, estrace, birth control, blood work, ultra sounds, more injections that I can't fully remember. Both have been successful, unfortunately I have lost three IVF pregnancies.
I could go in for monitoring whenever I needed! They were always very quick!
He suggests single transfers for me because twins are dangerous, especially with someone like me that has factor v, the more hormones produced the more likely a blood clot
Sandy

The nursing staff at this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is amazing. They are all kind and caring, there is a handful of nurses and I have personally been helped by each one at different times...The billing director sat my husband and I down and went over every single cost, specific to our treatment plan..She answered all of our questions, they even personally called our insurances to determine coverages. They broke down the cost of each item, from the anesthesiologist, embryo freezing, and the medications...They also have locations in Pleasant Grove, Sandy and even Idaho. The only downfall is for egg retrieval you will have to travel to the Sandy location, this is also where they will store the embryos....
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is extremely close to our home, located in Clearfield Utah. They also have locations in Pleasant Grove, Sandy and even Idaho. The only downfall is for egg retrieval you will have to travel to the Sandy location, this is also where they will store the embryos.
Dr. Gilliland always took time to say hello and goodbye to us while we were in the office. He was always polite and smiling, but he did forget my husbands name once (while it was on the computer screen in front of him).. Awkward!
The nursing staff at this clinic is amazing. They are all kind and caring, there is a handful of nurses and I have personally been helped by each one at different times.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland was always willing to explain every detail. I always have so many questions and he never rushed me or dismissed my questions. He would even break out charts, pictures, and diagrams to help my husband and I understand what is happening, what the next step will be, and every detail in between.
Stay relaxed. He is a very mellow doctor, and I was so tense and emotional my first time meeting him that I wasn't even able to remember everything that happened! You'll be emotional and tense just because you're in this situation but Dr. Gililland will try to make you smile and laugh, and that helps so much.
When we first were referred to Dr. Gililland it was for a Semen Analysis for my husband. I had just had a laparoscopy and it dismissed the endometriosis idea, so it was our next idea as to why we could not conceive. Results came back and they were low and we found our problem. Once we met with the doctor to go over these results he ordered blood tests to determine where these results were coming from. He also ordered me an ultra sound and a HSG (an x-ray of the fallopian tubes) just to make sure everything was healthy on my end. My husbands hormone levels showed on his blood test, very low, and out of sorts. He was then placed on Clomid to help raise the levels, and it did just that! His hormones raised significantly and he feels better with more energy, although it did not help his sperm count and motility. The doctor has now suggested we move on to IVF, my husbands numbers are too low to consider any other treatment course. They plan to just work with the numbers that my husband can produce since they are unable to help anymore.
The billing director sat my husband and I down and went over every single cost, specific to our treatment plan. Some couples need need things that others don't, and we would have never been able to tell what we needed on our own. She answered all of our questions, they even personally called our insurances to determine coverages. They broke down the cost of each item, from the anesthesiologist, embryo freezing, and the medications.
My doctor had a very strong preference to do a single embryo transfer. However, I am young and healthy, therefore I can see where he is coming from. It depends on the patient and he said that it is ultimately up to the couple how many they would like to transfer.
Clearfield

Their [Reproductive Care Center] IVF bundle packages save you a TON of money. All the staff is really nice and their place is organized and clean. They always have Ellen on or something funny so the wait doesn't seem as bad. They also have an app that you can use to track your appointments and see your blood test results.... Jeanette was the best nurse I could have asked for. She was always there for me and would return my calls as late as 7:30 some nights. She was super happy when telling me I was pregnant for the first time and we are now facebook friends. She was involved in a huge IVF study and had to work on that, so Tracy became my new nurse. She was just as great. She was also undergoing infertility treatments at the same time, so we could talk and tell each other of our experiences. I love the nursing staff there! They are all super nice and understanding.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I think they are getting busier, which is really good for them. Sometimes the wait is a little long (30 min). Their IVF bundle packages save you a TON of money. All the staff is really nice and their place is organized and clean. They always have Ellen on or something funny so the wait doesn't seem as bad. They also have an app that you can use to track your appointments and see your blood test results.
Dr. Blauer answered all of our questions when we first came in for a consult- and we had a LOT of questions. We talked for at least an hour and he didn't rush us and got to know us personally. He knew I was a special case and gave us the facts, but also gave us hope that we desperately needed. During some visits, we would both show each other pictures of our dogs. I really like Dr. Blauer and recommend him to anyone that needs help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette Rossi)
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
We got serious about treatment when the RCC was expanding their clinic in Idaho, so he didn't do a lot of my ultrasounds and check ups, but he was there for the important ones. He even called me at night to deliver results or his opinion on the next step for us and helped us get through a miscarriage and a year of treatments. Dr. Blauer is always concerned about my mental and emotional state of mind and would make sure I was absolutely ready before suggesting another treatment.
He tells is how it is as gentle as he can, but he doesn't give false hope. He told us we had a 10-15% chance of getting pregnant with IVF and I am currently expecting. He will go into as much or as little detail about your situation as possible and will do whatever he can to help.
Due to my condition, I had to take almost triple the amount of meds a normal IVF patient had to take. My eggs would not react as well. We noticed this trend halfway through my cycle and decided to up the dosage and got much better results. He suggested I take multiple vitamins to preserve egg quality (DHEA, Melatonin, SeroVital, Vitamin D3, CoQ10 and a prenatal for months) We switched from progesterone suppositories to injections because they were cheaper and more convenient for me working full-time.
After the IUI's we decided to do a package IVF deal with 2 or 3 cycles if we paid cash up front. We paid about $15k for the dual cycle package and another $4k in medication costs. They even gave us the option to "upgrade" to a 3rd IVF cycle for the package cost. We had to get special permission to get the package deal but it was worth it. They were also offering discounted IVF cycles to couples who qualified (we didn't qualify, but lots others did). Because we had insurance coverage, they were able to get us some money back for the multiple IVF cycle - $12,000, making it a little cheaper to try and have a baby. They were always willing to talk to me about any of my financial questions and their online docusign program is awesome. It saves you a trip from having to go to the clinic in person and sign the papers.
Originally we transferred 2 embryos on the first fresh IVF cycle in hopes of getting twins but neither took. The first frozen cycle we transferred 2 as well and one took and resulted in a miscarriage. The last frozen cycle we only did one. Dr. Blauer strongly recommended implanting no more than 2 embryos and I'm glad we did only one the last time.

Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I'd say the best part of this clinic is that they send Doctors to Idaho every month or two for patients there that don't have access to a clinic closer by. In fact, since beginning my journey with reproductive care center they have opened an Idaho office where they do cycles quarterly. I live in Idaho so this is why I decided to work with them. The way the clinic works is that you have a specific Dr. but if they are not all always running cycles. So if you need a cycle done when your Dr. isn't in charge of the batch you just have monitoring appointments with whoever is there but your Dr. is always the one to review things and make final big decisions and your specific nurse is still the one to communicate results and instructions with you. In fact because of this I think I saw most of the doctors at the clinic at one point or another. I actually liked that fact because then if there was ever a problem with your main Dr. you would at least have an idea of who might want to switch to if the need arose. I was also very pleased with the billing department and how helpful they and the receptionists were. They even were able to suggest a package deal to me that helped stretched my insurance benefits to help me get more for my money, without which I might not have gotten pregnant!
To Dr. Blaur I felt a little bit more like a number because he often spent our appointment time reviewing charts to remind himself of facts that he had forgotten (something I felt could and maybe should have been done before bringing us into his office). He was more focused of the technical side of things. However, his lead nurse who most of my communication with, very much so treated me as a person and was an absolute angel through the whole process. She was literally constantly available to me for absolutely anything I needed no matter the time of day and her responses were always very quick when I needed information or lab orders. She went so far above and beyond what I would expect that I felt she really was a big reason I was able to cope fairly well through 6 cycles of IVF, 2 miscarriages, and 3 negative pregnancy tests before getting my miracle baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanetter Rossi)
Jeanette was literally an absolute angel! She is the greatest blessing I could have ever asked for out of a clinic. She constantly went above and beyond the call of duty. She would answer emails or even call me after hours, at home, to answer questions or calm worries. She went out of her way to make things as easy for me as possible and never hesitated to change things to be more convenient for me. I seriously can't possibly say enough good things about this women. I tell anyone who'll listen about how she is the reason I got through 6 cycles of IVF without losing my mind. We were in almost constant communication and I knew she had my back every step of the way. I love her dearly for everything she did for me over the 4 years it took to get my baby!
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer is a very nice man and a knowledgable, experienced doctor. I could definitely tell that he knew what he was talking about. However, he does have a bit of an awkward bedside manner sometimes, as though he is more comfortable with the science than the people. I also felt like there were times he could have prepared better for our appointments because we'd go in for a follow up and spend most of our time reviewing our charts and talking about past treatments rather than focusing on a plan for the next step. There was one time where another doctor made a suggestion that Dr. Blauer did not agree with and I chose to follow which seemed to bother him a bit but not enough that things got uncomfortable or caused a problem (in fact it resulted in our live birth!).
My advice would be to make sure you research your options and conditions then come prepared with very specific questions so that you leave understanding exactly where you're at and where you're going. Also, that way if there is any kind of option he may not specifically suggest you can bring it to his attention and work together to decide if its right for you. Also, don't be afraid to make a decision based on what your comfortable with even if it isn't necessarily his top recommendation.
My treatments were pretty standard as far as I am aware. I was put on follistim (because of which insurance I had), low dose HCG(done by the clinic), cetrotide(as a supressor), pregnyl(trigger shot), and endometrin suppositories (progesterone for after transfer) all at typical doses as well. I took the first two every night and then added the third halfway through to help avoid hyperstimulation. The pregnyl was a trigger shot taken once my follicles were ready in order to trigger the release of the eggs. My husband and I would go in before the retrieval to give a seamen sample to so the eggs would be fertilized immediately after with ICSI because of low sperm mobility. Then the embryos were graded on Day three which is when we choose to transfer the first time and continued to do because we left the rest of the embryos until day 5 and for some reason none of them ever made it to that. The only thing that I remember changing from cycle to cycle was some different supplements that were added for various reasons. Its been so long I'm not sure I could keep straight the reasons for each but I took CoQ10 (300 mg twice daily), serovital (4 at bedtime), 2000 units of vitamin d, Metafolin (1mg daily for an MTHFR deficiency found through genetic testing). My baby was a result of my very last FET which was done at the Idaho clinic. Another Dr. did one of my monitoring appointments and suggested letting my uterine lining thicken a little more than Dr. Blauer typically did. We decided to take his advice despite it seeming "unnecessary" and got our daughter! Whether it was because of that or not we'll never know but thats the only thing I remember changing besides small changes in dose based on my blood draw levels. I'm not sure what else would be included as protocols but I hope that was enough details!
I do not remember specifics because I was incredibly blessed to have great insurance so the costs change based on that
Sandy

The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is great at providing relatively low cost infertility case. It's weakest point across all employees I have come across is communication...We found out 3 cycles in that I should have been injecting low dose HCG along with Follistim during my first cycle, I was never told. During our followup from our latest cycle we learned that a vitamin D supplement was in my chart but neither my husband nor I had been told about it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is great at providing relatively low cost infertility case. It's weakest point across all employees I have come across is communication. With the exception of my Dr and one MA, I do not feel that anyone really cares about me or my situation.
Dr G is very kind and takes the time to answer questions.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gilliland is very caring and kind. He is also very knowledgeable. He takes the time to answer questions and treats us with great consideration. He is willing to listen to concerns and adjust treatment. Some things were not well communicated by him in the course of treatments and he tends to be dismissive of most alternative or supplemental treatments (I.e. Most vitamins and other supplements). He will go out of his way to help us and weekend morning emails and phone calls are not uncommon during a cycle.
Educate yourself well before going in so you know the right questions to ask.
We have done 4 IVF cycles with Dr G. The first ended in a freeze all and then a frozen transfer due to a polyp found by the Dr mid cycle. It was a straight Follistim cycle with Ganirelix as the antagonist. We transferred both of the resulting embryos in a frozen cycle that resulted in a negative beta. Being new to IVF at the time, I'm unsure of the rationale. The second cycle used a mixture of Follistim and Menopur, also with a Ganirelix antagonist. This resulted in 3 day transfer of the only 2 remaining blastocysts due to poor embryo quality and a positive beta that ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. The next cycle was an identical protocol to the second with the addition of Omnitrope and ended in a 5 day transfer of the only fair quality embryo and resulted in a negative beta. The 4th cycle was a no suppression cycle with identical protocol to the second with the addition of letrozole during a few days of the cycle. This cycle ended with no transfer due to my and my husbands decision not to do a recommended 3 day transfer. By day 5, all embryos were gone. We're just now beginning a 5th cycle and based on our requests, we are going a Menopur only stimulation with a Microdose Lupron antagonist, a 3 day transfer and transferring up to 4 embryos if available.
We have insurance coverage, so most costs went to the insurance company. There is an anesthesiologist of 300$ not billed to insurance, and we have a high deductible plan so we paid out of pocket for that amount.
Based on my age and apparent egg quality, my Dr has always recommended transferring two, with the exception of a cycle where one embryo was well ahead of the others in development. Our upcoming cycle he is in agreement with transferring more than 2 as long as we are well informed of the risks of possibly carrying multiples.
Clearfield

The nurses is who I worked with the most [at Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield]! The were so amazing and were always making sure I knew what was going on and what I needed to do next. I could always ask any questions and they would always return my phone calls if i needed to get ahold of someone. They were kind and compassionate and shared in my joy when I got pregnant.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only weakness that I could really complain about is I wish they had a clinic that was open on the weekends closer to me. I had to travel around 50 miles to get to it. The strength of this clinic is their ability to be both professional and compassionate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
He was so kind and took the time to talk to us and explain everything. He also made sure I felt comfortable with our treatment plan and was also thinking of cost. He helped give me options of getting injectables at a better price.
The nurses is who I worked with the most! The were so amazing and were always making sure I knew what was going on and what I needed to do next. I could always ask any questions and they would always return my phone calls if i needed to get ahold of someone. They were kind and compassionate and shared in my joy when I got pregnant.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
He was so kind and ready to action. I was so ready to see a doctor hat would be aggressive since we had already been trying for a year or so. He told me the plan and would also tell us what was next if that plan was not successful. I also loved that he started with the simple (more affordable options) and worked his way up. It was very logical to me. We started with a few cycles of just femara and then did 3 more cycles of femara but added injectables. Once that didn’t work we did femara injectables and then 2 IUIs. He was also conscious of reducing the risk of multiples for safety reasons. One cycle I had 3+ follicles and had to take birth control and skip that cycle. Even though we he didn’t meet with us for every apportionment he was there for anything important. I really enjoyed my experience there and he shared our happiness when we did get pregnant! He also made me feel better by checking on he pregnancy before I went to the OB.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Just to trust in him. I know he is no longer at that clinic, so maybe to find out where he went.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
From my previous OB before I went to Brad Swelstad they found my prolactin was a little high so they wouldn’t prescribe me any Femara. I had tried Clomid but when they did an ultrasound they found that I didnt respond to it. So when I started with him he had me on Cabergoline to lower that and he also raised my levothyroxine from 25mcg to 50mcg. I was on metformin as well to help with the PCOS and he also started me on Femara we tried that for 3 cycles alone with times intercourse. The follicles got a nice size during these, but I wouldn’t ovulate. Sometimes I would just get a cyst (this was all checked by ultrasound on specific days). So then he decided to add injectables for the next three cycles along with all the other stuff. Those included Gonal F inejections and then if i didn’t get a positive ovulation test by a specific day I would do a trigger shot with timed intercourse. We did that for 3 cycles and one of them I had to cancel because I had to many follicles. He said it would have been perfect for IVF. He adjusted my dose so I wouldn’t get so many follicles. After those failed we did the same medications and injections and added an IUI my husbands sperm count was great and everything looked good but the first IUI failed. Then we did the same course a second time (he wanted to try IUIs 3-4 times before moving on to IVF) and luckily we got pregnant. After we got pregnant he checked my HCg to make sure it kept rising like it should and did some ultrasounds to confirm things were staying good. Then we got to love to an OBGYN.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center.
Everything was pretty much covered by insurance until we got to injectables and IUIs. The injectables were around $300-$400 and the sperm analysis for the IUI were $200-$300 and the actual procedure was around $200-$300. Total for the 2 IUI cycles it was a little over $2000.00
Describe Brad Swelstad's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Clearfield

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center.

2008 - 2016
I love everything about the RCC, EXCEPT their billing department. They know absolutely nothing. I'm not exaggerating when I say their billing employees overcharged me THOUSANDS of dollars. It wasn't until many months later that I discovered the mistakes. It took many many hours communicating with them to get it fixed... Their billing department is a joke in my opinion. So many mistakes were made, and even though we had a signed contract that stated exactly what the charges were, they were still overcharging us for appointments and treatments we received.
2008 - 2016
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Dr. Blauer relies heavily on statistics and research studies. I felt like I wasn't always thought of as a human because he would suggest care based on what research had shown worked, not necessarily taking into consideration my unique situation
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Blauer is an excellent RE. We felt he was kind to us, compassionate, and caring. He is not the best communicator, meaning that I was left with questions unanswered sometimes, or I didn't understand the way he explained things. While others have had great success with him, we simply had bad luck with all our transfers with him.
Don't be afraid to speak up, ask for clarification, and don't be afraid to suggest alternate courses of treatment for yourself.
Dr. BLauer is driven by research and statistics. This isn't bad, in fact, it can be very helpful. However, in our situation, none of the 'new' research worked for us. In fact, we got pregnant with another RE by using much less medication and stimulation. DR. Blauer is compassionate and caring and a very good doctor, he just didn't find success with our treatments.
WE were charged for everything. It was very difficult to get the billing department to work with our insurance for things like routine blood draws and ultrasounds.
Dr Blauer never fully explained the benefits of only transferring one embryo at a time. I was made to feel that our chances would increase if we transferred 2-3 embryos each time. It wasn't until we switched doctors that we found out our greatest success would be by transferring one embryo only.
Sandy

Our nurse and staff [at RCC-Clearfield] where incredible! They were always accessible for any questions or concerns through the process. They were compassionate to our situation and very knowledgeable about the procedures and protocols.... This clinic did a fabulous job of focusing on me as a person and patient, not just a number. They were timely and accommodating to my schedule. One weakness is that this clinic is not open for some procedures and that required driving to their other location about an hour away.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Every time I came into the office, even if it was just to make a follow up appointment or to have a follicle check and wasn’t even scheduled to See Dr. Swelstad, he greeted me by name and asked how things were going. He remembered my medical history and did a great job at answering all my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Our nurse and staff where incredible! They were always accessible for any questions or concerns through the process. They were compassionate to our situation and very knowledgeable about the procedures and protocols.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Swelstad was very honest and open through the entire course of treatment. Despite the variables that couldn’t be controlled, he continually updated us on the direction of treatment and answered all of our questions very clearly. Dr Swelstad was sensitive to the needs of our family and was helpful in directing us with our choices to have a healthy successful cycle. He wasn’t shy about conveying the risks of treatments but also allowed us autonomy to decide which was to proceed. He was accessible and very friendly. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for treatment.
Don’t be afraid to voice your opinions, fears and dreams. He is very willing to work as a team and they will be very well received.
We used an antagonist protocol for our IVF Cycle. We were successful with a 28 egg retrieval. Our fertilization didn’t go well and we ended up with 3 eggs for transfer at day 3. We transferred the two with the best quality and had a successful Singleton pregnancy and birth.
There were many options of IVF treatment with RCC. We opted for a single "fresh cycle". The cost including medication was just under $14,000.
Dr Swelstad did encourage us to transfer only 1 or 2 embryo. He did explain the risks of high order multiple pregnancies and births.
Clearfield

The Pleasant Grove clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is small and feels like a welcoming home to you. We had to do some of our testing and other clinical work up at the Sandy office, which felt less welcoming. I loved the Pleasant Grove clinic because I knew everyone who worked there and they all knew who I was. They were incredibly fast and I never felt like I was just wasting time sitting around, which I appreciated.... Barb was an enthusiastic, fun, and reassuring coordinator and nurse.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The Pleasant Grove clinic is small and feels like a welcoming home to you. We had to do some of our testing and other clinical work up at the Sandy office, which felt less welcoming. I loved the Pleasant Grove clinic because I knew everyone who worked there and they all knew who I was. They were incredibly fast and I never felt like I was just wasting time sitting around, which I appreciated.
Dr. Gilliland fought battles for me I wouldn't have even thought to fight for myself. He was always caring and understanding, and answered, in-depth, the many many questions I asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Barb)
Barb was an enthusiastic, fun, and reassuring coordinator and nurse. She herself had been through IVF before, which made her feel much more understanding and compassionate. She was very efficient, which made tedious things like blood draws, less annoying. I knew I would never have to spend tons of time at those little appointments, which was great since I was working at the time.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland is the type of doctor you wish you could see for every thing in your life. There were multiple times throughout my pregnancy where I told my husband, "I just want Dr. G to be my OBGYN. Nobody is as good as him." He reassures you constantly and is willing to talk to you about every step. I'm a naturally curious person and he answered every million question I had, never acting like it was an annoyance. One of the most memorable moments I had throughout m IVF, was on the day of the transfer, after he the transfer of the egg and everything was done, he prayed with my husband and I for the success of this pregnancy. He cares about each individual and I always knew he was on our side, rather than the side of the clinic.
You cannot go wrong with Dr. Gililland. He will care for you unlike any doctor you've ever met.
I honestly can't remember. I know Dr. Gililland tried to get the clinic to allow us to do our second round (since we only got one god egg) but the clinic would not allow it.
We did the multiple rounds discount package, so we paid for two rounds up front, knowing that if the first round worked, we wouldn't be using the second. This included all the ultrasounds, the PGD, ICSI, and freezing. I believe we paid around 20,000 for two rounds. I think medications were an additional 1,000. We also paid for an outside service to test the embryos for genetic malformations, but I cannot remember how much that was.
I know Dr. Gililland was a strong advocate for only implanting one egg, since multiples tend to create more difficult pregnancies. We only had one egg to implant, so it wasn't really an option for us at the end. Dr. G did discuss it with us prior to the beginning of treatment as an option though, and we decided we did not want to risk multiples.
Pleasant Grove

I felt comfortable from the first moment I scheduled our first appointment [at RCC-Sandy]. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile. The nurses were always friendly and we’re great to make sure we didn’t waste our time while there... I had not tried injections during any previous IUI’s and that was the first thing he wanted us to try. Unfortunately it didn’t work again, but I was glad that he took a different approach than my previous doctors.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I felt comfortable from the first moment I scheduled our first appointment. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile. The nurses were always friendly and we’re great to make sure we didn’t waste our time while there.
Everyone made sure that we felt comfortable every time we went into the office!
They were all very friendly
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner was great from the very beginning. During our first visit he took the time to listen to everything we had tried with previous doctors and asked thoughtful questions which made me feel more comfortable. We expressed what we wanted to do with our next treatments and he made sure that we were doing what was best for us and that we didn’t jump into something big before we tried everything else first. I was ready to jump right into IVF but we hadn’t done a round of IUI with injections yet and he wanted us to try that first which I was glad about. The IUI’s were not successful (we did 2 with him) and after we found out the second wasn’t successful he had us meet with him in his office where he reviewed the previous levels for both me and my husband. He noticed that Jordan’s sperm had changed and he recalculated our fertility score and found it was low. He then suggested moving to IVF only if we were comfortable and ready for it. We voiced our concerns and he took the time to answer all of our questions. We didn’t feel rushed one bit. In the end we decided not to move forward at that time. We loved working with Dr. Heiner!
We paid for our initial visit, the two iui’s And follow up appointments for both. Standard fees
Sandy

This is difficult to answer as I was living in Idaho while receiving treatment. I'm hoping my experience is not typical for others. Dr. Blauers team was great while Dr. Heiners was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the clinic as a whole...I was scheduled to go through IVF in February of 2016 in their new Idaho Falls IVF Center. They called less than a week before and said that the building would not be open in time. This happened 3 times. The building ended up opening in June. They shouldn't have told me that they would open until they knew for sure - or until the building was already open.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I would never hear from the Dr or staff regarding any of my concerns, questions, or test results unless I called them. I would have to call several times and it sometimes took weeks for them to call or email me back.
My care coordinator was not a good communicator and did not make an effort to reach out to me with information unless I contacted her. I felt like I was always forgotten. I much preferred Dr. Blauer's care coordinator Jeanette - who ended up helping me during our IVF treatment and giving me her personal cell number so that I could ask her any questions any time!
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
After talking with Dr. Heiner I had a hard time feeling confident that he really knew and understood our infertility issues. I would always have to repeat myself and our diagnosis to him. We had lots of phone appointments because we were out of state. He would mumble over the phone, and would speak as though we knew all the terminology. I finally asked him to PLEASE have his assistant send an email with all the details regarding our course of treatment because I could not follow what he was saying.
Don't expect answers - he will only give you the bare minimum regarding your treatment unless you ask for more details.
IVF low-dose stimulation. Started Femara 5 mg for 5 days. Gonal-F 450 units and Low dose HCG 50 units day 3 and day 5. Monitored after that and continued with Gonal-F for a few more days. Can't remember exactly. Only produced 3 eggs. 1 egg was viable for IVF. That 1 egg was fertilized using ICSI. Fortunately that 1 egg was good quality and became a good quality embryo. Day 3 embryo transfer - resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Baby girl was born February 27, 2017. Dr Heiner was the primary Dr however Dr Blauer (also from RCC) was the Dr who performed all ultrasounds, egg retrieval, and egg transfer.
$17,000+ for a multi cycle contract. 3 cycles.
Sandy

Sometimes they [RRC - Sandy] act like you've done this before so you should know what they are talking about.... They don't always call when they say they will, had to call the embryologist multiple times...I was in an IVF study, so often I did feel like a number. A nurse there wouldn't call when she said she would or explain what things meant very well. ...The charge nurse was fantastic. She explained things great, was compassionate. Gave me her cell phone number. Called me to see how I was doing. Another nurse who helped with procedures was not very nice. Didn't remember even though I saw her a lot, impersonal, didn't explain things well even when I asked questions, rattled off about the embryo ratings without telling me what that meant, didn't call me to give a report when she said she would, couldn't find my uterus during the frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Sometimes they act like you've done this before so you should know what they are talking about. I'm on to my second transfer and I still couldn't remember completely what we did for the first one. I'd rather they over explain, but they don't. They don't always call when they say they will, had to call the embryologist multiple times.
I was in an IVF study, so often I did feel like a number. A nurse there wouldn't call when she said she would or explain what things meant very well. But when I had OHSS, the doctor called me personally to see how I was doing and I really appreciated that. A different nurse took her time explaining things better.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He says things hat are kind of insensitive to people with infertility. Like "are you sure you want to go through with this?" He was joking, but I didn't appreciate it. I like to know how many follicles and how big they were, he would only explain or tell me if I asked. Not very compassionate or explain what could have gone wrong when we had a chemical pregnancy.
Ask questions, he won't tell you what's going on otherwise.
Everything went according to plan, stims for 11 days before trigger shot, I was taking Gonal-F. Except they couldn't give me the trigger shot until they read my blood work, my estrogen levels had gotten pretty high, so I had to go back to the office to get it. I was over stimulated so we didn't do a fresh transfer, had to wait 2 months before doing a frozen transfer. Didn't inform us of how they sperm looked or the eggs. Sometimes didn't call report when they said they would, I had to call the embryologist myself for an update on our embryos. Didn't explain what their ratings meant very well. During the frozen transfer the nurse couldn't find my uterus in the ultrasound, Dr Blauer said it was fine, but it didn't make me feel very comforted.
One cycle of IVF is a little under $8,000. Then they have different packages, which includes all frozen transfers if necessary. 2 fresh cycles is $15,600, 3 fresh is $18,500, 4 cycles is $20,800. Guarantee program is $23,000, that's up to 4 cycles 100% money back if you do not have a live birth. ISCI is another $2,000. Medications range from $3,000-$5,000.
They let me choose. Told me the warnings of having multiples.
Sandy

Everything about the clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] was great!! They were always so friendly and kind. Showed compassion to everything but were also very informative. They would always try to help with insurance stuff or lack there of since most insurance wouldn’t cover most of what they do. Very professional but very kind and compassionate as well.... They were absolutely amazing!!! I can’t put into words how much I appreciated them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Everything about the clinic was great!! They were always so friendly and kind. Showed compassion to everything but were also very informative. They would always try to help with insurance stuff or lack there of since most insurance wouldn’t cover most of what they do. Very professional but very kind and compassionate as well.
Nurses were so great with dealing with the failure of our first IVF round and were also so excited when our second was successful. They were kind and just knew what we were feeling and how to comfort when needed. It’s a hard thing to go through and they all handled it so great.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Swelstad was both kind and compassionate but gave you the entire truth. He’d let you know exactly what your odds were but in a very positive outlook. He knew his stuff and was always trying to learn more. Would highly recommend him to anyone.
To just take a breath and trust that he knows what he’s doing because he does!
I had seen 2 drs for over two years before Swelstad and had done chlomid as well as 2 IUI’s so we decided to try one round of IUI with the injections to up the chance of more eggs. When that didn’t work we went straight to IVF. The first round we had one embryo to transfer but it didn’t take. The second time he suggested we do ixy(not sure how to spell it). So we did. We had two embryos to transfer and put both in and it was a success!
For 2 rounds of IVF I believe it was like $17,000 plus meds. But they had grouping discounts and offered discounts if you paid by check we paid probably 25k for the entire process from start to finish with him including the IUI and 2 rounds of IVF with meds and the additional Ixy procedure.
We really didn’t have much of a choice but he did highly recommend putting both embryos in on the second round so we’d have a better chance of one of them taking.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Getting an appoinment to sit down and talk to the doctor [at Reproductive Care Center-Clearfield] was always hard but scheduling other than that was usually not difficult. Their insurance lady, Michele, was horrible. She was horribly rude every time I spoke with her and always seemed so inconvienced with questions. One time I called her with a quick insurance question, a week and a half later she had not called me back. I called again and she informed me that she was busy and my question was not important so that is why she did not respond.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Getting an appoinment to sit down and talk to the doctor was always hard but scheduling other than that was usually not difficult. Their insurance lady, Michele, was horrible. She was horribly rude every time I spoke with her and always seemed so inconvienced with questions. One time I called her with a quick insurance question, a week and a half later she had not called me back. I called again and she informed me that she was busy and my question was not important so that is why she did not respond. This alone would make me recommend people not go there. Being as a lot of infertility treatments are not covered by insurance and its a sensitive subject matter I think the insurance lady should be expected to be kind and sensitive just as the nurses and doctors should be.
He was always busy and rushed but overall he seemed to care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Not sure, but I frequently had the same one. Jen I think it was, and Heather after her.)
Jen always seemed annoyed. Too busy to be bothered with questions and getting phone calls returned was a nightmare. I dreaded calling with questions or concerns and she was very cold when dealing with ending my first pregnancy which was ectopic and devasting for me.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
My experience was unique...we ran into one problem after another and had many set backs. In the end I felt like he avoided doing additonal testing that could have diagnosed my issues sooner and saved me a great deal of greif simply because I didn't fit the standard age or weight for certain issues to be likely. I would have gladly undergone and paid for more testing upfront. I was not diagnosed with endometeiosis until AFTER an ectopic pregnancy AND a heterotopic pregnancy due to the issue. I really think that is something that should have been found and looked for instead of finding PCOS and thinking that was the answer to all my problems. I was also diagnosed with endometeial hyperplasia but not nearly as soon as I think a more througho eval would have found it.
Ask for more testing if you feel its nessacary. Be your own adovate.
3 cycles on any one thing was recommended before moving on. I did Femara for 2 with trigger shots due to still not ovulating. Next 3 rounds of clomid, surgery, found hyperplasia, northendrone, biopsy problem not solved, was sent to oncologist, put on m- something as last resort, biopsy all clear, 3 more rounds of clomid, 3 rounds of clomid plus shots 3rd was ectopic pregnancy, wait, another 3 rounds of clomid plus shots, after third planned IVF. 3rd round was heterotopic pregnancy, tube burst lost tube but baby in uterus survived. I dont remember doses now but I way over reacted to the clomid plus shots and kept going down in amounts month after month. The lowest # of mature eggs I ever recall was 4 and I was advised to cancel cycles each time.
A lot, particularly when it came to shots and having to order them from another state. $7000 plus for each surgery Swelsted did.
Swelstad left the clinic right before we were going to start IVF so I dont recall discussing that with him.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I usually waited 15-20 mins before being seen [for monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center]...Strengths- They care about their patients. They try their best to keep you as informed as possible. I received calls from Dr. Blauer at 7a before the clinic opened to talk about results and calls from the nursing staff at 7pm, long after the office had closed, to update me on my embryos’ growth. Weaknesses-they are busy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He took the time to explain everything to us even if it meant being late for another appointment or calling us at 7am. Our very first appointment he was an hour late. Initially I was very upset until we found out that he was on the phone with a distraught patient. This man cares.
I love the nursing staff at RCC. They go through the trenches with you. One sweet nurse who prepped us for our hormone shots shared with us her own ivf story to ease our nerves. One nurse we grew very close to and still talk to today.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
I love that Dr. Blaur is willing to explain everything. Even if it means scheduling phone calls at 7am. He can be very technical in his explanations, but will “dumb it down” if you don’t understand. Our first doctor would never explain why we couldn’t conceive. He explained it within the first 5 mins after taking our medical history.
Let him know if you don’t understand a concept he is trying to explain. He can come off cold at first, but really he has the perfect mix of bedside manner and bluntness.
I was involved in a research study with Dr Blauer comparing Menopur and GonalF. I was given Menopur for approximately 10 days while being monitored via u/s. Followed by a trigger shot then egg retrieval. Icsi was used for fertilization and pgs testing on day 5 followed by a fresh embryo transfer. Only one embryo was transferred per protocol. Endometrin suppositories were used until week 10. All procedures and dosages performed were per the protocol set by the study sponsor.
Monitoring visits were in the morning which was a little inconvenient as I work in a clinic and the morning is my busiest time, however, it always worked out. I usually waited 15-20 mins before being seen.
My insurance cover about 80% of diagnostics. Overall I believe we paid $500-$1000. All procedures related to the study protocol were covered by the study sponsor.
The study only allowed for eSET
Sandy

The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] never called or updated my online chart with some results I was waiting for. I had to call multiple times and leave messages to finally receive them. They were never added to my online chart. When I switched clinics I filled out the form to have them send my medical chart to the other clinic. They never did. I called them twice and they still never got it sent.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic was nice. It was a small clinic, but was warm and inviting.
I never really spent much time with the doctor after our initial consult. He was very scientific and too the point and somtimes lacked that human side of things.
The nursing team was very compassionate and nice. It was really hard to get a hold of them and they didn't always call back unless I left multiple messages.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Swelstad is a very knowledgeable doctor. He really knew what he was talking about. He talked in a very clinical way and I understood all he was saying because I have a medical background, however it was hard for my husband to follow everything he was saying. He was not very compassionate. More just to the point about treatment.
If going to Dr Swelstad just know that he is very straight to the point and not overly compassionate.
We were only under Dr Swelstad's care for a few months. He ran a few blood tests on myself and a sperm analysis on my husband. He dismissed some of my concerns about pelvic pain and other cyclical symptoms. My next fertility doctor dug a little deeper and found that I had endometriosis. He also told us that my husbands sperm analysis was great even though his morphology was low. He told us that should matter because he had a high enough count. After switching doctors we have found out that the low morphology could be a major cause of our infertility. Dr. Swelstad performed an HSG in which everything appeared to be clear. He then had me take Femara for 3 months since my OB had me on Clomid for 3 months previously and it was not successful. None of the cycles with Dr. Swelstad were successful and we left with an Unexplained diagnosis.
I had costs related to mostly the office visits and blood work. The most substantial cost was for the HSG.
This was not applicable for us.
Clearfield

I loved the nursing staff [at Reproductive Care Center]. They were much more compassionate than Dr. Blauer and they knew who I was through the whole process. They were the best part of the experience especially Barb in the Pleasant Grove office. She has gone through IVF herself so she was very understanding and made sure you knew what was going on...Be prepared to wait a long time for your visits...Pleasant Grove office is great. Its small so they know who you are. You have to have your large procedures like egg retrieval and transfer done at the Sandy office though. The Sandy office always was a long wait, usually an hour past your appointment time and the longest I waited was an hour and a half. I would still recommend just because the Pleasant Grove office was so great.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He wasn't interested in talking very much and I always had to wait for around an hour after my appointment time to be seen with no apologies ever. Also I had to sit there silently while he logged in my info which I felt like he was more worried about my stats not concerned with me.
I loved the nursing staff. They were much more compassionate than Dr. Blauer and they knew who I was through the whole process. They were the best part of the experience especially Barb in the Pleasant Grove office. She has gone through IVF herself so she was very understanding and made sure you knew what was going on.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very slow each appointment but still didn't talk very much to me. He was efficient in the procedures but the worst experience I had was when we talked about how many embryos to transfer. My husband and I felt strongly to put in two and Dr. Blauer continued to make snide comments saying we were risking our babies health just to make sure the first procedure worked. Even after we told him we were firm on two he wrote down one transfer on our paper and we had to tell him no we said two embryos. After that I didn't like being around him because I felt very judged for wanting two.
Be prepared to wait a long time for your visits. Listen to what he has to say but also follow your own intuitions and stand firm on your embryo transfer amount if it feels right to you.
My egg retrieval went well, I started to get close to being overly stimulated by the dosage amount and had to lesson the dosage a couple of times. I had many follicles that were getting too large so they had to move up my egg retrieval date a couple of days. It was nice to move things faster but it also caused me not to have as many mature eggs. I had 11 which is a good amount but lots of people have more than that. They let all my embryos grow 5 days which I had 5 successful embryos after that. They gave one egg one more day to grow and it ended up being good as well and was frozen at 6 days. I put in two embryos even though Dr. Blauer continued to make me feel like a bad person for doing so but we felt strongly we needed two in. I conceived a single embryo from the two and am currently in my third trimester with a little boy. Dr. Blauer obviously knew what he was doing and I know of several people with success stories after having him as a doctor.
My insurance covered 80% off all procedures so we spent around $2800 for everything which we were very lucky that was all.
He is very against putting multiple in, at least he was in my case. He still let us make the decision but we had to stand firm and he made us feel like we were horrible parents for putting two in. He also wrote one embryo transfer on our paper after we had told him two and we had to point out that he had written it down wrong and make him change it to two.
Pleasant Grove

The Skype visits are great! They [RRC - Sandy] allowed me to do them at my local hospital because I was out of state. However, it may be much cheaper to do them through the clinic. They also have a discount for self pay if your insurance doesn't cover infertility. We also received another discount based on our household income. That was a welcome relief! We were able t qualify for a $50 initial "visit" because we were referred there by a friend. Fertility treatments are expensive, but they made it affordable!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The Skype visits are great! They allowed me to do them at my local hospital because I was out of state. However, it may be much cheaper to do them through the clinic. They also have a discount for self pay if your insurance doesn't cover infertility. We also received another discount based on our household income. That was a welcome relief! We were able t qualify for a $50 initial "visit" because we were referred there by a friend. Fertility treatments are expensive, but they made it affordable!
I felt like he actually cared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
They were great! The Dr. Heiner's nurse always emailed me the next steps, and she was always so helpful when I called with questions.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Because we live out of state, I was able to Skype with him for our "office visits". Even though I only "met" him through a screen, we were able to quickly figure out our needs and next steps. It was very convenient to not travel to 5 hours one way. I was able to order labs through the local Hospital and discuss them and quickly come up with a plan.
Look into Skype visits if you live far away!
First we did the generic labs for both my husband and myself. We were able to get pregnant 2 years before seeing a doctor, but then miscarried. I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. My husband had slightly low sperm count, motility, morphology, along with white blood cells in his sperm. For my husband, whe was put on an antibiotic to clear a possible infection and Fertilaid and CoQ10 (both OTC) to help with the sperm. I began thyroid medicine (Levothyroxin) and took Pregnitude (OTC). I also had an HSG done to check for tube blockages/clear them. After the HSG, we got our BFP!! The next step, however, was going to be Femara and possiblibly and IUI. I felt that it was rushing and the medicine didnt have time to fully work. Thankfully, it didn't get to that point. Overall, I'm pleased with the treatment and care I received.
Great discounts! $50 initial office visit because I was referred by a friend. I believe a 10% discount for self pay (insurance didnt cover infertility). And income based discount for being below a certain number. For example, An HSG (live xray with contrast dye into the tubes and uterus) was only $309 out of pocket, compared to the "sticker" price of $500+. The billing department was awesome and quickly sent bills and communicated well.
2012 - 2015
I love everything about the clinic [RRC-Sandy] except for how they handle billing. Amazing providers, excellent and kind nurses, everyone is really great. Billing is a bit much. I know they changed systems during my treatment. I always paid at the time of service as was required since my insurance didn't cover anything... But I would still receive bills for appointments I had already paid for. Agrue the bill out and then get a bill from a second company. So frustrating. No explanation and poor system to show payment history. I hope changes have been made in the 3 years since I have been a patient.
2012 - 2015
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I love everything about the clinic except for how they handle billing. Amazing providers, excellent and kind nurses, everyone is really great. Billing is a bit much. I know they changed systems during my treatment. I always paid at the time of service as was required since my insurance didn't cover anything... But I would still receive bills for appointments I had already paid for. Agrue the bill out and then get a bill from a second company. So frustrating. No explanation and poor system to show payment history. I hope changes have been made in the 3 years since I have been a patient.
He was kind but direct. I felt like he wanted it to work for us nearly as much as we did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
The nurses are amazing! I have dealt with several over the years and never had a bad experience.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
We loved the experience we had with Dr Heiner. He was kind but direct. I didn't need someone to sugar coat what was happening I needed someone to figure out the issues with me and help me get pregnant. He did that. It was a lot of trial and error. I feel like others may have given up midcycle but he found us a new route until he couldn't.
My dosage changed from his standard (115 IU every other day for 3 days) to much higher dose for the FSH injections. It took two cycles to figure out that I needed to start at a high (400 iu+) dose near daily and taper down. My AMH was incredibly high. Trying to stimulate some growth without overestimating, we were doing IUI trying to stay 3-4 follicles at most. It took some time but we started with femara, we did 8-12 days of FSH injections starting at 375-400 and going down in dose every 2-3 days. Ultrasounds every 2-3 days from cycle day 8 until trigger shot. Followed by IUI at 36 hours after trigger.
I spent $5000-7000 per round femara, FSH, trigger shot and IUI. My results were not typical. $3000 was about what i spent on meds each cycle. IUI/sperm wash was almost 500. I needed multiple ultrasounds due to my high dose of meds and poor response... Each ultrasound was 250-300. I had 5-8 per cycle. Femara for 5 days less then $25.
2011 - 2013
The waiting area and doctor's office are all very warm and welcoming [Reproductive Care Center] ... Most of the nurses are super caring and anxious for your success. I felt like our care was more personalized while going through IUIs. Once we felt ready to explore IVF it felt much more regimented and less personalized ... Kim [nurse] was awesome. She was gentle, thorough in her explanations, and never made me feel rushed as I asked her many questions.
2011 - 2013
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
It's a nice environment. The waiting area and doctor's office are all very warm and welcoming. (We recently met with some IVF doctors at the University of Utah, and the locations with them were unpredictable, and very sterile and clinical.) Most of the nurses are super caring and anxious for your success. I felt like our care was more personalized while going through IUIs. Once we felt ready to explore IVF it felt much more regimented and less personalized.
I was impressed with how well-prepared Dr. Blauer was for each appointment. He had obviously reviewed our history before the appointment, and asked questions about us as people in addition to our medical history. However, he is not what I would describe as overly warm, and dealing with infertility seemed very routine to him (which I know it is, but it's not how you want to feel when you're going through something very difficult).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Kim was awesome. She was gentle, thorough in her explanations, and never made me feel rushed as I asked her many questions. Unfortunately, we did not get to work with Kim every time, and at the point we were considering IVF we had to work with another nurse who was the exact opposite of Kim.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer is very knowledgeable. He takes the time to review your history each appointment and I appreciated that he didn't push the most aggressive treatments from the get-go. He has a pretty brusque personality and is very matter-of-fact. He sometimes explains things in a way that is confusing to someone without a lot of medical knowledge. We usually had a long wait in his office (not in the waiting room) for appointments.
Don't expect to have him be holding your hand, so to speak. He is straightforward, which a lot of people prefer.
We attempted 4 IUIs with Dr. Blauer (one had to be canceled as my husband was unable to produce a semen sample that day). First cycle: I took 100 mg Clomid for 5 days (days 3-7). Result: Not pregnant. Second cycle: I took 5 mg Letrozole for 5 days (days 3-7). Then I had 150u of FSH injections for 5 days (days 7, 9, 11, 12, 13). Result: Not pregnant. Third cycle: I took 5 mg Letrozole for 5 days (days 3-7). Then I had 150u of FSH injections for 3 days (days 7, 9, 11). Result: Cycle canceled. Fourth cycle: I took 5 mg Letrozole for 5 days (days 3-7). Then I had 225u of FSH injections for 2 days (days 7, 9). Result: Not pregnant.
I don't remember for sure, but I think it was around $400-$500 per IUI.
As I recall, he recommended that women 35 and under (I may be remembering the age incorrectly) have a maximum of 3 embryos transferred, and for women over that cut-off age they increased the maximum to 3.
Sandy

The clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] is very nice and clean, it is not too difficult to get appointments, although I have to wait about 5-6weeks for my consult with Dr. Gililland. They were great to send me results and anything else I needed.. My consult was billed for about $200, we paid about $50. We were told monitored IUI with FSH injections would be about $1600. And a cycle of IVF would be about $8000 plus medication.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is very nice and clean, it is not too difficult to get appointments, although I have to wait about 5-6weeks for my consult with Dr. Gililland. They were great to send me results and anything else I needed.
He is very kind and willing to listen. He really makes you feel like you are a team working together to figure this out.
I haven't worked much with the nursing staff yet, but they seem to be very willing to answer questions and work with you in the ways that you need.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I have only seen him for a consult so far, but I feel like he was very kind, understanding, and willing to work hard to get things working. However I did feel that because my next step was surgery I wasn't sure when we would begin the next steps in treatment.
Ask your questions and just make sure that you understand what to do next.
He was very good at explaining why we will probably do another round of IUI even though we have done 5, and why he feels like that is the best next course of action. He explained how we would do things differently and with FSH injections to make sure we are getting mature eggs before spending the money on IVF.
Clearfield

They [Reproductive Care Center] were kind and the clinic was welcoming. They worked with my schedule and seemed more willing to help get me in quickly than the other clinics I contacted. The clinic was clean and everyone we met with was professional. ... The initial consultation was $200. I'm still waiting to go back in for other tests, so I'm not sure what those will cost. ...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They were kind and the clinic was welcoming. They worked with my schedule and seemed more willing to help get me in quickly than the other clinics I contacted. The clinic was clean and everyone we met with was professional.
I was impressed that Dr. Hatasaka had taken the time and initiative to look over our files sent to him by my OBGYN. He knew my history before I ever walked through the door. He was warm and welcoming and I felt like he was considering all of the aspects of my life. When I left, I felt like I had a new friend.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
We only met with her briefly, but she was very nice and thorough.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Hatasaka knows infertility inside and out. He was referring to both recent and experienced studies. He has conducted his own studies as well, and while he was boasting or proud, I could tell by his quiet confidence and the expertise with which he answered my questions that he is a leader in this field.
Write down questions you want to ask him before the appointment.
I am still very early on in the process. My OBGYN prescribed Clomid when she officially diagnosed me with unexplained infertility. When my blood work came back, my AMH levels were alarmingly low. Dr. Hatasaka told me to stop taking the Clomid immediately and I am going back in next week for some tests to determine if my ovarian reserve is, in fact, as low as the AMH indicated.
We haven't reached that point.
Sandy

They [Reproductive Care Center] get everything done and still make us patients feel good and happy. One of the weaknesses was that they are super busy but they didn’t let you down or ignore your treatment ever...They [nurses] were always so kind and understanding and listened to and addressed everything I had to say...Everything was super expensive but they did work with me for sure
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Quality health care for fertility doctors, love them and the well trained staff they have. They get everything done and still make us patients feel good and happy. One of the weaknesses was that they are super busy but they didn’t let you down or ignore your treatment ever.
They treat everyone so good with respect and everyone is so kind and caring
They were always so kind and understanding and listened to and addressed everything I had to say.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very truthful and up front. When big decisions were made he was very on point on what exactly will be and needs to be done. Excellent doctor. I would recommend to anyone. Every time I came into an appointment he was so welcoming and asked how I was doing. He got right down to business and got to work figuring out a good path of treatment.
Make sure you follow all of his instructions very careful and keep in mind everything he has to say. He is very knowledgeable. Good luck with your journey!
I know we used all sorts of injections for the retrievals. I really can’t remember the names or doses I was on asvits almost been a year since the last one. I remember him putting me on metformin, levothyroxine, estrodiol, also suppository and an injection of hormones before the last two frozen embryo cycles. I don’t remember the names though
Everything was super expensive but they did work with me for sure
He did have a strong preference in how many to transfer. He preferred only one because of the risks and complications with multiples in pregnancy.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic [RRC- Pleasant Grove] has always been great to work with. Billing was very up front with us. We’ve had extremely organized nurses, front desk staff, etc. I highly recommend the Pleasant Grove office! It seems much more personal than Sandy RCC.... We started with clomid for round 1. It didn’t work, and I didn’t like how I felt, so cycle 2 was Clomid. We didn’t get large enough follicles so we didn’t do the IUI. We continued with Clomid and it caused terrible cramps and I ended up in the ER. We decided I should wait to proceed.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic has always been great to work with. Billing was very up front with us. We’ve had extremely organized nurses, front desk staff, etc. I highly recommend the Pleasant Grove office! It seems much more personal than Sandy RCC.
Doctor Moore is very caring and empathetic. He seems to genuinely care about his patients and their success. I didn’t give a perfect review simply because of a lack of follow up. We have heard a lot of other doctors calling to discuss what a result means, etc. We’ve never had that with the doctor.
Very kind and helpful. Always willing to answer questions!
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Andrew Moore is a very compassionate doctor. He seemed invested in our success every time we saw him. He seems to have a very set routine of “the plan” or “next steps.” Because I felt like he was just following the course of action he’s used to, I felt like our case wasn’t individualized. I never felt like this was a personal reflection because he’s great!
Be persistent about next steps and what your situation might entail. Ask if the plan is tailored to your situation.
Our insurance covered most blood work and IUI so each cycle was only $100-200 for us. Plus the cost of trigger shots at $95.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I believe in this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] with all my heart. Every employee and staff member has treated me with kindness and respect. I can’t think of any weaknesses with the clinic. I genuinely have had nothing but respect shown to me. We miscarried twice and were treated beautifully both times.... Our initial fresh IVF cycle was $14,000. This was for monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, blood draws, ICSI, egg transfer, frozen remaining embryos, and pregnancy test. After our miscarriage our next frozen cycle was $3,800 and that was with a 10% discount for miscarriage.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I believe in this clinic with all my heart. Every employee and staff member has treated me with kindness and respect. I can’t think of any weaknesses with the clinic. I genuinely have had nothing but respect shown to me. We miscarried twice and were treated beautifully both times.
Dr. Blauer shows genuine care and affection. He is very personable, and is always ready to help and answer any questions or concerns. Both of our pregnancies ended in miscarriage and Dr. Blauer was very kind and sympathetic, and ready to work and help us keep going. He always says “let’s get you a baby” and I genuinely know that he’s putting his whole self into helping us start our family.
Young, kind,