Reproductive Care Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1725 East 1450 South
Clearfield, UT 84015
2435 West 450 South
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care Center to a friend?
I loved that they [Reproductive Care Center] had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinics nursing staff is awesome I loved pretty much everyone that I worked with. The billing department lady was sometimes rude, especially at the beginning when I was clueless with how everything worked. I loved that they had a schedule and breakdown of important dates and procedures. I was very upset about the miscommunication of 2 embryos vs 1. There seemed to be a big disconnect in between the staff and Dr. Blauer. I had talked to probably 3 or 4 different people to confirm I was transferring 2 before the morning of transfer. I also don't like that if you switch to another doctor in the clinic they will base all of their decisions off your previous doctor and basically are all on each others team and maybe not the patients. If you want a second opinion don't go to another doctor at the same clinic, that was at least my situation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer was not very personable and did not go into depth about many of the procedures. I felt I was going in blind, even after doing a lot of research before hand. He was present for monitoring, retrieval and transfers. I was an out of state patient and it was very difficult for me to feel like I was a priority at the clinic. When it failed twice I had no explanations as to why and he neglected to reach out or even try to help me find a different answer or protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Chanise )
I loved Chanise!!! She would always call me back, answer my questions, and address all of my concerns. I truly felt that she cared. During my transfers I was in a lot of pain and she would try and distract me and would make jokes and helped me really relax. SHE IS THE BOMB!
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
In the beginning Dr. Blauer seemed to care and wanted to help, he also seemed very confident with our chances to start off. During stims and monitoring he never really gave a lot of insight to how we were doing and what he expected. I felt like he just felt BLAH about how we were doing. Out of sight and out of mind as a patient. I was also really upset about the lack of communication. We wanted 2 embryos the second go round and I talked with everyone at the clinic several times to make sure this was in place. On the day of transfer he showed us 1 embryo and I said no I wanted two. He said he refused to do two and never told me until THE DAY OF TRANSFER. I was emotionally distraught to say the least. After our second failure I wanted answers. He never reached out and didn't seem to care at all about changing the protocol or helping me. I had to speak with his nurse about my frustrations and he responded to those concerns with "notes in my chart" for if I called again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Ask as many questions as you can! Ask why he is doing what he is doing, ask what follow up you can expect and try and schedule a plan before every big procedure.
Describe the protocols Keith Blauer used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Blauer is very conservative with medication to avoid OHSS, especially in someone my age. I was on fairly low doses of menopur and gonal f for egg retrieval and began suppositories of progesterone in preparation or my fresh transfer. For my frozen I was on estradiol, baby aspirin, and PIO injections. I responded very well to everything I had plenty of follicles and produced 17 eggs. For my frozen it was postponed a month because I responded too well to the estradiol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.
We had partial insurance coverage, the total bill was about 35,000 with meds for retrieval and fresh cycle. Frozen was about another 5,000
Describe Keith Blauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Dr. Blauer would only transfer 1 embryo for me for my first fresh and first frozen, but said after that he would maybe consider 2.
Sandy
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] is wonderful. The atmosphere is calming and peaceful. The staff are wonderful and competent. They show excellent care. They use up to date equipment. They walk you through the financial aspect of treatments, they try to help you in every way to get the care you need.... It cost us about $1,000 each cycle for medications and a complete IUI. A consultation with him was $50 in person, and $90 on the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is wonderful. The atmosphere is calming and peaceful. The staff are wonderful and competent. They show excellent care. They use up to date equipment. They walk you through the financial aspect of treatments, they try to help you in every way to get the care you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He validated my feelings and showed sympathy for this difficulty we are enduring. He used encouraging words and told me to not lose hope. It felt as though he really cared about my situation and that I wasn't just another patient.
They were extremely kind. They were always gentle, had wonderful bedside manner, always explained exactly what they were doing and why. I didn't always know what the next step was and sometimes had to ask what needed to be done. Overall though they were very professional and competent while showing compassion and excellent quality care.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was extremely kind and polite. He was very soft spoken. He was very thorough when assessing me and my medical history. When I first met him he was not what I expected though. He was typing very slowly, making lots of typos and needing to correct them. In the middle of our first appointment his cell phone rang and he answered it right in front of me. It just seemed strange. But overall I left feeling very comfortable and confident in his abilities and his care plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Be upfront, and a little bit bold, about your expectations and what you want or need from him and his office. Ask lots of questions.
Describe the protocols John Gililland used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
I have unexplained secondary Infertility but considering my age, my health, and medical history he didn't see any reason why we couldn't find success. He did a thorough ultrasound to examine my reproductive system and egg supply. He did a full blood panel to check for complications with thyroid, hormones, or other issues. He suspected my follicles weren't stimulating enough. He started me out on the lowest dose of Clomid, along with injections of Gonal-F to increase my follicle quality. Then we did ultrasounds after completion of medications to check for my body's response, and then did an HCG shot. My ovaries and follicles responded well, but we were never successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center.
Describe John Gililland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Positives: I've never had to wait long for any appointments and they've been good about getting me appointments that work with my schedule. My one complaint would be with the billing department [Reproductive Care Center] as I've felt they aren't on top of things as the rest of the clinic.... [Cost Of Treatment] IVF with 2 egg retrievals: $18,000; ICSI: $4,100; Hyper-stim insurance: $600... Normally they've been really good about getting information to us,
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Positives: I've never had to wait long for any appointments and they've been good about getting me appointments that work with my schedule. My one complaint would be with the billing department as I've felt they aren't on top of things as the rest of the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Infertility is a rode with ups and downs. Because it is a journey that goes up and down, it can feel like we're not being treated as human because we're scared, tried, stressed, or overwhelmed. No doctor is perfect 100% and able to predict exactly what we may need that day. For us, I have felt like has done his best to be compassionate in that journey and treat me like a human with feelings, questions, fears, joys, and concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. They've answered all my questions, including finding the answers when they didn't know them.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I've had both experiences where I've wished that Dr. Hataska's delivery of a message would have been gentler or kinder, as well as moments where has been incredibly sensitive and kind in delivering terrible news. His strength is that he's very analytical and has all the numbers with whatever we're talking. I appreciate having those numbers as it's given us starting point for expectation. He lives by the numbers and some that approach could seem sterile or without hope.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Losing weight will be one of the first things he will recommend. For some, knowing that he won't move forward with treatment until they've lost weight can be demoralizing for many women and he may not be a good fit for those who struggle with this.
Describe the protocols Harry Hatasaka used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
We have done two egg retrieval and 1fresh transfer that ended in a miscarriage. Our first egg retrieval he started low on medication as he wanted to keep me from hyper stimulating. We used a combination of cetrotide, Menopur, and Gonal F. Of the 10-12 eggs they were expecting based on mature follicles, we only ended up with 4 eggs retrieved. All 4 were fertilized. By day 3 we had 2. We transferred one at day three and froze the second good embryo on day 5. At our 7 week appointment the baby's heartbeat was slow. We were told that most likely we'd lose it. At our next appointment a week later, there was no longer a heartbeat. We were anxious to transfer our frozen embryo as soon as we'd had the three months to recover from the miscarriage. In our post-miscarriage consultation, Dr. Hatasaka knew that we wanted more than 1 child and encouraged us to think about doing a second egg retrieval before our FET just in case it was successful to hopefully have better egg quality than a year or two down the road which we decided to do. Due to the small numbers we had the first time, I requested that we go with a more aggressive approach in hopes of having more embryos to freeze. Our medication protocol was Gonal-F and the cetrotide. They got 12 eggs, 10 of which were fertilized. At day 7 we had 1 good, and 6 fair quality embryos. By day 5 we only had 2 fair quality embryos which we sent off for testing. One came back with trisomery 13, while the other had a partial mosaic on chromosome 1. While we are not planning on transferring the trisomery 13, we may transfer the second one at a later date. I did hyper stim with the second egg retrieval and are hoping to transfer our frozen embryo from the first cycle in April.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.
IVF with 2 egg retrievals: $18,000; ICSI: $4,100; Hyper-stim insurance: $600
Describe Harry Hatasaka's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
No. While he recommended only doing one, he would have transferred two if that had been our preference.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
RCC is a lovely and inviting little clinic. The front desk and billing staff are the same every time i go so they are who i see the most and are the only ones i know by name and face (except for the doctor). They are very friendly and helpful.... i do remember the consult was approximately $75 for an hour of the Doctor's time, a semen analysis was approximately $350, and an IUI cycle was just over $400.... The nurses at RCC have all been very nice and helpful when i go in.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
RCC is a lovely and inviting little clinic. The front desk and billing staff are the same every time i go so they are who i see the most and are the only ones i know by name and face (except for the doctor). They are very friendly and helpful. The billing specialist has helped me immensely when my insurance has been frustrating and confusing and wasn't accepting the way the clinic was billing the diagnostic tests. All but one time there was a very short wait. The one time with a previous doctor that is not there anymore my husband and i had to wait 40+ minutes after our scheduled time to meet with the doctor. All the other times i've been i've gotten pulled out of the waiting room within 5 minutes.
I feel like Dr. Gililland is so nice that you can't help but to feel like an actual human when he talks with you each time you are there. He is so calming and has a friendly presence about him. That being said, the longer you are being treated at RCC you also can't help but feel like a number. I don't see Dr. Gililland every time I go in, sometimes i just see a nurse. When i see a new person every time I go in I do start to feel like a number because no one remembers me. I feel I have to explain my situation each time I am in there.
The nurses at RCC have all been very nice and helpful when i go in. I don't think i've had the same one twice, but i have loved them all in person. I have called in a couple times to ask questions like what do i do if this is happening or what does this mean and i have had one nurse on the phone that made me feel pretty stupid for my questions. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and think maybe she didn't know her response came across that way or something, but i hope they do understand that even if they've been asked the same question 20 times in the last month, i've only asked once, i'm new to this situation and scared.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I know Dr. Gililland is very smart and has been doing this a long time. I feel like he follows his heart and his patients heart and does not just follow what he learned in a textbook step by step. I appreciate that he takes the time to listen to your concerns, however, there have been times when i have not felt "heard". After i had told an RE before him and then him that my pain and bleeding kept getting heavier and longer every cycle, it kind of got brushed aside since i've already done every test possible at that clinic without many answers. His suggestion was to move on to IUI. I followed his advice and did 2 IUIs unsuccessfully. I finally decided to talk to a regular OBGYN (not Dr. Gililland) at another clinic for ANOTHER opinion on my pain and bleeding and he suggested surgery, which he then performed, and found stage 4 endometriosis...so bad that my ovaries were completely covered and stuck to my uterine wall...finally, a much clearer answer to my problem! I can't fault Dr. Gililland completely, i was seeing a different RE for almost 2 years at the same clinic until he moved and my care was then transferred to Dr. Gililland, so i know Dr. Gililland was going off of the previous doctor's notes and hadn't done any of my tests himself except for one HSG when the other doctor was my doctor. That is a great story in and of itself: when Dr. Gililland was performing my HSG for the other doctor, he couldn't get the dye through one of my Fallopian tubes and suggested i have surgery to see if there is endometriosis. When my actual doctor at the time saw the images and heard what Dr. Gililland had to say he decided that he wanted me to do another HSG so he could perform it himself and when he did he said he pushed the dye through so hard that he think he cleared that tube of mine that previously looked blocked. At the time, i think i did fault Dr. Gililland a little bit because i didn't now him and thought he was just trying to get me to do an expensive unnecessary surgery when my doctor was able to get it unblocked (little did i or the doctors know that wasn't really the problem), but after going through what i've been through with that 3rd doctor (the OBGYN) i realize Dr. Gililland suspected endometriosis all along and had he been my actual doctor at the time i would've had surgery much sooner, had relief much sooner, and maybe even got pregnant back then. Like i said in the beginning, Dr. Gililland follows his best instincts and i appreciate his willingness to lead by those instincts.
Try to stick with one doctor as much as you can unless you feel deep down that you need another opinion. In my case, my first doctor moved away and it forced me to see Dr. Gililland. In the long run I have been happy about the change, but it did cause some stress feeling like I was starting over. If i would've had the chance and known what i know now, I would've started with Dr. Gililland.
I have done 2 IUIs with Dr. Gililland using Letrozole before the procedure to help ovulate. I never had problems on the medication, i ovulated as i should and the IUIs, although unsuccessful from not knowing i had endometriosis, went smoothly.
I've been through so much treatment that i don't remember what everything cost but i do remember the consult was approximately $75 for an hour of the Doctor's time, a semen analysis was approximately $350, and an IUI cycle was just over $400. These prices are all self-pay prices, if your insurance covers anything for infertility then your prices would be better than that. The thing i like about this clinic is i don't recall them charging anything if i needed to come give a blood sample real quick, whereas i was charged a hefty fee at a completely different clinic to give them a urine sample to find out if i was pregnant when i knew for a fact i wasn't and also to give me a shot, which took all of 3 minutes so i like that RCC doesn't charge you for doing nothing.
Male Factor, Other
They [the staff at RCC-Sandy] are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.... $500-$1000 for IUI, depending on how intensive the IUI was. $1000-$2000 for IVF meds. About $7,000 for IVF treatment
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He always remembered right where we left off from the last appointment. You could tell he wanted us to get pregnant. He was friendly and compassionate. Our IVF twins were born prematurely and passed away, and when we called Dr. Heiner he was very sympathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
She was AMAZING. They all were. So on top of everything. Always answered my questions. So kind and sweet and compassionate.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I really liked Dr. Heiner. He isn’t necessarily over the top warm and fuzzy. Be he is kind enough. He always kept me in the loop and was happy to answer or elaborate on any questions I had. If I needed to talk to him on the phone he would always quickly call me back.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He doesn’t recommend implanting 2 embryos because of the risk factor with twins. I would listen to that advice. My twins were born prematurely and passed away. I wish I would’ve listened to his recommendation.
Describe the protocols James Heiner used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
The last treatment I received was IVF fresh transfer. I did vaginal ultrasounds before hand which Dr. Heiner preformed to make sure everything looked good. As well as every time I went into check my egg progression. After my eggs were properly developed, we did the egg retreval. Again Dr Heiner was there and talked us through everything before we did it. Same goes for our implant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.
Describe James Heiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
He highly recommended we do 1 embryo due to the risks that multiples can cause. Your chance of getting pregnant does not go up If you implant two. You just have a higher chance of twins. He was direct and stated all the facts about why you should only implant one.
Sandy
The clinic [RRC-Sandy] is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with... I have done two cycles and they have been the same treatment. Baseline ultrasound CD 2. Femara CD 3-7. Gonal f 113ml CD 7,9 and 11. Ultrasound CD 12. If folicals are mature trigger shot CD 12. IUI CD 14. The first cycle I had 3 mature folicals, sperm sample looked great, no pregnancy. The cycle I had 2 mature folicals, sperm sample looks great but still waiting to take a pregnancy test
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with
Dr heiner is nice and has a lot of experience but he did not familiarize himself with our history prior to meeting with us. He also made us feel like any treatment or tests we had done prior to coming to the clinic could have been incorrect and wanted to start us on a natural IUI cycle. I had already been on clomid for 4 months and had done 1 IUI with my obgyn so I did not feel like starting over was the best option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Rachel is great. She answered all my questions, showed me how to do my injections at home and had real interest and compassion for my treatment. She was sweet and a great communicator
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have only seen him twice. The first time was our initial meeting and I had to be very assertive about the treatment I wanted. The second tim I saw him was for a baseline scan of my folicals and ovaries. He said that I may have multicystic ovaries but did not go into detail or seem concerned. We have not followed up on the topic since the drugs I am taking are helping to mature a couple of folicals each cycle
Know what you want and don't be afraid to speak your mind. They might suggest a treatment plan that is less aggressive than you would like so don't hold back if you feel like you want more
On their site they list the prices for their treatment. They said the cost of a single round of IUI with scans would be 1800 not including your medication. The gonal F and trigger shot costs 300 for each round
Sandy
I go to the Idaho Falls office [for Reproductive Care Center]. It has always been very private and safe environment. They have provided information of the process, they have followed up with me on how I am feeling, and with any new information they have for me. Each time I’ve been in I’ve met with Dr Blauer as well as the nurses. Lisa is amazing. She has been the main nurse who has been by my side, along with Dr Blauer, since day one. They are very positive and professional.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I go to the Idaho Falls office. It has always been very private and safe environment. They have provided information of the process, they have followed up with me on how I am feeling, and with any new information they have for me. Each time I’ve been in I’ve met with Dr Blauer as well as the nurses. Lisa is amazing. She has been the main nurse who has been by my side, along with Dr Blauer, since day one. They are very positive and professional.
Dr Blauer is absolutely amazing. He has made me feel very important and has made my needs a priority. He is so kind! This is my first cycle of IVF so it is all new to me. But Dr Blauer and his staff have been more than willing to answer all my questions and address all my concerns. They’ve all made me feel like I’m their #1 priority!
All of the staff have been absolutely wonderful to work with.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He is extremely knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that anyone can understand it. He is very gentle and kind. He has made me feel super important and a priority in his office. His compassion and love for what he does, doesn’t go unnoticed. His bedside manners are very professional and very gentle. Our dreams have become his dream for us. I know he wants to help us achieve this miracle just as much as we want it!
Don’t hesitate to ask questions... even the most silliest!
I’m in the process of starting my first IVF cycle. We started 5 or 6 weeks ago. We first started with clomid and currently on hgh supplements. I will be starting injections with the start of my next menstrul cycle... expected in about 10 days. Getting anxious!
I’m very fortunate that my insurance has some coverage for this.
Unsure
5 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Strengths of this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] would be how passionate and caring everyone in the office is. Going through IVF is HARD on a couple emotionally, physically and financially. They understood this and did anything they could to help out. Weakness of this office would be communication. We weren’t the cookie cutter couple where everything worked out just right and we had to do some different protocols the office wasn’t used to. When we would go in the front office wouldn’t know what was going on so I’d have to explains
5 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths of this clinic would be how passionate and caring everyone in the office is. Going through IVF is HARD on a couple emotionally, physically and financially. They understood this and did anything they could to help out. Weakness of this office would be communication. We weren’t the cookie cutter couple where everything worked out just right and we had to do some different protocols the office wasn’t used to. When we would go in the front office wouldn’t know what was going on so I’d have to explains and Dr Gilliland would forget too if he didn’t read his notes before seeing me.
Dr Gilliland is very personable and treats you as a separate case from every one else.
Very passionate and knowledgeable. Absolutely love all of the nursing staff there!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gilliland is a great doctor and really cares about each individual patient. We had to try several different treatments and medications that worked for me and he was great with this. He would personally call me on weekends and even email me different studies he looked up that would potentially help my situation.
Dr Gilliland is very personable and you are in good hands.
When we first started IVF treatments we went with the basic medications. Birth control priming, gonal f 225 units, menopur 150 units and cetrotide. I did not respond to this at all. Dr Gilliland took a step back and decided birth control may have suppressed me too much and that we will try again without. He also added femera into this protocol and raised me gonal f dosage to 450. We saw great results from this and made it to egg retrieval this time!
My IUI would be about $400 and speem collection was $200 IVF was $8400, $300 for anesthesia. The rest of the money was for medication which I ordered outside the office.
Clearfield
RCC is wonderful to patients, everyone I’ve worked with has been very kind and understanding. They are very flexible with appointments which has been really helpful trying to balance all this with work... The IUIs cost around 400$ each including meds and monitoring. For IVF we did a multicycle package that’s 18k, then 2k additional for ICSI. Meds for the egg retrieval were about 3k and for the frozen transfer about 300$
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He asked questions to get to know me and my husband personally; not just our fertility history
The nursing staff overall have been wonderful. They are all very sweet and caring and really make sure I feel comfortable. Rachel has been great as well. After a bad experience at another clinic I told Rachel I really need someone who communicates well and she definitely does. She always returns my calls/emails quickly to answer any questions and get my results to me fast. My only complaint is that she hasn’t been there for any of my IUIs or transfers which I find kind of odd. She’s there every step before and after but not at the “main event”
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I’ve enjoyed working with Dr Heiner, he’s very personable. My only complaint is I wish he would explain things more thoroughly. He will explain the plan but not really the reasons behind it or what things he’s looking for
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He doesn’t always offer other options but when asked about them he’s more than willing to consider them
We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF. Because of my pcos we did a very conservative approach with medications for my egg retrieval. It was kind of disappointing because I only ended up with 8 eggs. My ovaries did not respond as predicted. But he has said we will start with a higher dose if I end up needing it again. I did one fresh transfer that did not work and recently and frozen transfer I’m still waiting on results from
I’ve always only wanted to transfer one so it wasn’t much of a discussion, he just agreed
None, Unexplained
They [Reproductive Care Center-Pleasant Grove] have many offices throughout Utah, as well as some in Idaho, Wyoming, and maybe Colorado. I wish their PG office had their own billing instead of having to work through the Sandy clinic (I think they were working on that earlier this year.) Everybody there always had a smile on their face, which helped when going through such a traumatic time.
None, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They have many offices throughout Utah, as well as some in Idaho, Wyoming, and maybe Colorado. I wish their PG office had their own billing instead of having to work through the Sandy clinic (I think they were working on that earlier this year.) Everybody there always had a smile on their face, which helped when going through such a traumatic time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
He wrote detailed notes in my chart for the nurses about how to get through my curvy cervix (more detail than any of them had ever seen). It certainly made the IUI process less stressful! He always seemed happy to see my husband and I. Dr. Moore filled us with hope. And when our pregnancy was confirmed he invited us to bring our baby to meet him when the time comes!
Super friendly. Always got a call back within a few hours. Always positive and happy to help.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care Center?
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Great bedside manner. He made jokes with us, and helped keep the mood light. Dr. Moore was very knowledgeable. Anybody who seeks treatment through him will be in capable hands. I highly recommend him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
He is straight forward, and I love that about him. Know that he is very easy going. Just know that you are in good hands with Dr. Moore and his nurses!
Describe the protocols Andrew Moore used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
He went over all of my medical history from my OB and previous fertility clinic, as well as surgeries I had completed at the hospital. Because it had been a few years since we had sought out fertility treatments, we started at the beginning, but he also added a water ultrasound of my uterus, which had never been done before. My HSG that I had done before came back positively (minor scar tissue in my fallopian tubes). I did 2 rounds of femara with IUI, same protocol each time. I also had to get my Varicella vaccine updated because my immunity to that was low. I got pregnant from my 2nd IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center.
I think between my two cycles with all the ultrasounds, blood work, medications, consultation, and IUI procedures we probably paid around $5,000 out-of-pocket. (Insurance only covered minimal testing.)
Andrew Moore
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
[The nurses at Reproductive Care Center are] Generally kind, not much else stands out...Have only been here through one full cycle, so far everything had been pretty good, no real strengths or weaknesses come to mind. They give you a packet full of info about the clinic and doctors, with info about local supporters groups, when come in for your first appointment...Over $350 for my initial blood work and ultrasoun
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He sat with us for over an hour and went through our entire chart and history and explained everything he wanted to look into and why. He took the time get to know our situation before making a plan of action.
Generally kind, not much else stands out.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He has a very calm demeanor, is chatty, and likes to dive deep into the issue and explain everything as we go so we know what's happening. Goes through the pros and cons of procedures and makes sure we understand.
He likes to start with a full spectrum of tests, be prepared for blood, semen, ultrasound, and have your full medical history of both partners, including family history. When doing the tests, you deal with nurses and staff, and have to schedule appointments and pay a copay just to have your blood drawn. You don't see the doctor at these appointments.
We are still working on regulating my cycles, and getting my thyroid and prolactin levels down, going in every 4 weeks to retest until my numbers are within normal, then we will be put on femara for a round of IUI.
Over $350 for my initial blood work and ultrasound, $300 for seven analysis, $25 copay at every appointment, even just getting a blood draw, they are going to try and bill insurance for everything, but we will most likely have to cover everything out of pockets.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Clean very nice office [Reproductive Care Center]. Friendly staff! Nurses are usually very quick to respond. They always make sure ins is helping as much as possible, they will get the you the most bang for your buck. Just make sure you and your dr are on the same page with time line. Some people are ok with post poning treatment, I on the other hand want to do everything the second I can! And that’s not always possible, with him traveling.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Clean very nice office. Friendly staff! Nurses are usually very quick to respond. They always make sure ins is helping as much as possible, they will get the you the most bang for your buck. Just make sure you and your dr are on the same page with time line. Some people are ok with post poning treatment, I on the other hand want to do everything the second I can! And that’s not always possible, with him traveling.
He has always answered every single question in full detail, he cares and my last appt lasted 45 minutes. And he didn’t act hurried to get me out of there he wanted to make sure I had everything answered
Very friendly! Never make you feel uncomfortable amazing staff!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
HE is a very thorough doctor who retested blood levels other doctors had already checked and got me on correct dosage of medications. He is very welcoming and very knowledgeable!! He always listens and answers every questions I’ve ever had. And I’ve never felt rushed even when I’m taking more time then I probably should he will always make sure I’m comfortable with the next step in our treatment.
We started on blood tests to make sure levels were where they needed to be. Put me on medications re tested blood, instantly put me on Femara. I had been asking my previous dr to put me on this and they refused. With little to no explanation. Currently going in for surgery tomorrow next step is another IUI.
I feel like infertility is expensive where ever you go. However, they really really try to be sure that my ins will cover the max amount. And if there is a significant cash pay price I’m always informed.
We have discussed this for future, 2 embryos.
Clearfield
The nurses, MAs, and front desk staff at [RCC] Clearfield were really nice and I felt like everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. When I did get pregnant, I had an episode of heavy bleeding a week after what was supposed to be my last ultrasound with them. I called and asked what to do and they got me in to see Dr. Gililland that same day, even though I was supposed to be done with the clinic by then, which was really helpful during a scary time. There were a few minor mix-ups (was sent a financial document for the wrong procedure, had to go in for an extra blood draw because they forgot something, test results were sent to me but didn't get to the doctor) but nothing that affected my treatment.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The nurses, MAs, and front desk staff at Clearfield were really nice and I felt like everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. When I did get pregnant, I had an episode of heavy bleeding a week after what was supposed to be my last ultrasound with them. I called and asked what to do and they got me in to see Dr. Gililland that same day, even though I was supposed to be done with the clinic by then, which was really helpful during a scary time. There were a few minor mix-ups (was sent a financial document for the wrong procedure, had to go in for an extra blood draw because they forgot something, test results were sent to me but didn't get to the doctor) but nothing that affected my treatment.
I felt like my needs as a patient were his first priority. He would go out of his way to help me, and would make staff go out of their way as well. When I went in for an HSG, he could tell I was nervous and took time to hold my hand and reassure me. There was an abnormality on the HSG image and he wanted to follow up with a hysteroscopy, which he offered to do right there and then so I wouldn't have to wait for another cycle. There were technical problems with the hysteroscopy machine, and he persisted to get through the problems and do the procedure even though it put them past the office closing time. On my way out I asked about next steps, expecting to be told to make a follow-up appointment, but he took me back to his office and talked to me. By the time we got done he had stayed an hour late just for me. I was very impressed with him and he continued to be caring and kind during subsequent encounters with him.
There were three nurses at the Clearfield office and they were all nice and were very organized and on top of things, and were patient with my many phone calls and questions. They never answered the phone so I always had to leave a message and wait for a call back, which was sometimes nerve wracking when I was worried about something, but I almost always got a call back within the same day. They helped me apply to get a discount on medication which ended up saving me about a thousand dollars.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I loved Dr. Gililland. His style of interacting is different from what I would have originally thought I would prefer, but I was surprised with how much it helped with my anxiety throughout the whole process. He was very warm and caring and attentive, and always seemed optimistic that we would be successful. Sometimes he would use physical touch to reassure me (e.g. touching my arm or shoulder). He was very knowledgeable and (in our case) was usually right on target with treatment decisions and estimates. At some point he gave me an email address. I only used it a few times since most questions can be answered by the nurses and he appeared to answer email on his own time (early in the mornings), but it was reassuring to know I could reach him directly if I really needed to. He always answered within a day.
You might not see him very often depending on the treatment you need. He did my initial testing (ultrasound, HSG, etc.) but I didn't see him at all during three IUI cycles. All IUI monitoring and procedures were done by nurses. When we moved on to IVF, Dr. Gililland did all but one of the monitoring ultrasounds himself, including one on a Saturday, as well as the retrieval and the embryo transfer.
When my blood testing came back with FSH 12 and AMH .9, he recommended that our first treatment be IUI with Femara and Gonal F. We did three cycles of this treatment with the nurses. I used OPKs and got a positive the day of the ultrasound (day 12) each time, as well as my usual ovulation symptoms, so we never did a trigger shot. I responded well to the medication and the nurses kept telling us everything looked "ideal", but none of the cycles resulted in a pregnancy. After three failed IUIs they had us follow up with Dr. G. He gave us a choice between more IUIs with the same medications or IVF. He didn't pressure us either way but just said to consider the success rates of each (while being mindful of cost, risks, etc.). We decided to proceed with IVF. Our first attempt was cancelled due to an estrogen-producing cyst, which was gone by the second attempt. I was on stims for nine days and the dosage never changed. They had me take a lower dose of the trigger shot to reduce my risk of OHSS. We got 14 eggs, 9 mature. Dr. Gililland had said he didn't think we needed ICSI, so we didn't use it and 8 out of the 9 eggs fertilized without it. He had also said he thought we could get 4 or 5 embryos and we ended up with 3 on day 5 and 1 more on day 6 for a total of 4. Our first fresh transfer of one embryo was successful and the other 3 embryos have been frozen.
IUIs were $400 for the IUI and $400 for the medication (I did injections). Our IVF cycle ended up costing about $10,000 after paying for anesthesia and embryo storage, with medication being an additional $3,000 or so. They tried to sell us on their multiple cycle discount package, but we felt our chance of success was high enough that we didn't want to risk paying for cycles we might not need, and would rather take the risk of paying for cycles individually. This ended up being a good decision for us.
Dr. Gililland very strongly encouraged us to do a single embryo transfer, which ended up being the right choice for us. I was 30 and it was our first transfer.
Clearfield
We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage [at Reproductive Care Center]. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths: nice- they didn’t get angry or frustrated. Able to schedule appointments Weaknesses: I was mis-scheduled once- they thought I was going in for a different procedure than I was- glad I caught it ;) have failed to forward info to new doc without asking multiple times. Still have not
He forgot my name several times at appointments, so I just felt like a quick look over the notes before seeing me type patient. I was rushed through a lot of things and just handed statistics & not given options. However, he did at least look at me which was great compared to my first doctor.
I only had interaction with one during an ultrasound. She was so much more helpful than my actual doctor. She was kind and didn’t make me feel silly. The lab lady was also very kind.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was recommended to me by my OBGYN. While I was able to “schedule” certain things with him, I was never given a plan on what to do. It was a lot of “maybe” and also gave contradictory information to every other doctor I had seen and have seen since. He also forgot my name several times, and wasn’t able to diagnose a cyst on my ovary- when his nurse could. On the positive end, he was fairly kind and explained the basic things simply. I never felt uncomfortable in his presence.
You must be forward. Keep track of things yourself! And don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions!
Blood tests to track ovulation, HSG- came back normal Suggestion of IVF after normal HSG and ovulation. Suspected ebdormetriosis but said IUI or laparoscopy wouldn’t help- my doctor now is taking me through those first.
We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.
Sandy
They [Reproductive Care Center] ordered a semen analysis when we already had one completed and charged us for it twice. They also over charged us on the procedures we did have done. They were able.to resolve all of these issues...I absolutely hated that the nurses call with the results of blood work. This should be the doctors responsibility and duty. I also did not like that a nurse did my IUIs. Again, that should be the doctors job. I felt very much like just another number there and no one treated me as an individual.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I felt like he had seen so many patients like me and my case was no unique or special. He didn't make it a point to reach out to me after my miscarriage or my failed IUI to talk through what happened or what next steps would be.
They did a great job explaining when and if I should use the trigger shot. They also were available to me when I had questions. If they didnt know the answer they were honest and called me back later with the answer. Some nurses did this better than others.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I thought he was very knowledgeable about fertility and was able to explain things clearly, but only if I asked clarifying questions. I was disappointed that he wasn't at every appointment and procedure. He was very absent. He also repeated/rehearsed my file back to me each time he saw me as though he was trying to remind himself of who I was. This was frustrating to me because I didn't need a replay of the failures in the past.
Ask for what you want because if you dont you probably wont get it.
I was asked to take femara for my cycles to boost my ovulation. I took it for one cycle and didn't get a positive ovulation indicator on my test. He didnt suggest a trigger shot because I had lab work that showed I ovulated in previous months. So I took femara for another cycle and did the ovulation test at a different time during the day and got a positive. I had an IUI procedure done with my husbands fresh sperm. This resulted in a pregnancy which I miscarried at 6 weeks. The following month I took femara again, with another positive ovulation test and had another IUI procedure done. This one didnt result in a pregnancy. I decided not to pursue treatments after this.
We had all of our testing done with my obgyn so my insurance would cover it. We had our semen analysis done through a study so we didnt have to pay for it. We only paid RCC for the IUI and ultrasounds. I think the total for each cycle was $500-600. And we did two cycles.
Sandy
Testing and monitoring [at Reproductive Care Center] were done every 2-3 days. We did a lower doses because I have PCOS and they we trying not to have me overstimulate...Egg retrieval produced 20 eggs. 14 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 for PGS testing...We transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy...The nursing staff at the Clearfield clinic is small. So that means I saw one of three nurses. They all seemed to know what was happening with me. They could all answer any questions I had. Besides for a few instances, I was able to contact one of them same day. I had one of them call me after I had a miscarriage when I was still under the clinic's care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is an off-shoot of the main clinic in Sandy. Which is good and bad. Good, because there is a more intimate environment. I liked that I saw the same people every time I went in. Bad, because they are not a full clinic. Meaning they can't do IVF procedures and have more limited hours. It's not uncommon for north of Salt Lake to be forgotten. Another issue that is arising is that is getting busier. So now, if you call, you may have to leave a message and they will call you back later that day. I really felt that I was treated well here. As always, ask questions, do research, and never hesitate to be your own advocate.
Every time I went into the clinic, they knew who I was. I never felt like they were unaware of my situation. I never felt dismissed. Any question I had, they answered readily.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland was very nice, knowledgeable, and seemed very invested in helping us have a baby. He listened to my history and made accommodations in my treatment based on it. He kept a record of notes to keep track of all plans. I don't have any complaints working with Dr. Gililland. Luckily, our treatment went smoothly so I don't have any experience with having to deal with any complications with him.
Be as detailed as possible. The more the doctor knows, the better the treatment can be.
The IUIs followed similar protocol to the earlier ones. Fermara with Gonal-F injections. Then an HCG trigger shot followed by the IUI. Both of these ended with a negative pregnancy test. For the IVF cycle, I straight stimmed (no BC) because of health issues.. We did Gonal-F and Menopur injections for about a week. Along with Estradiol (orally). Testing and monitoring were done every 2-3 days. We did a lower doses because I have PCOS and they we trying not to have me overstimulate. I used Lupron for the trigger shot. They we counting about 40 follicles. Egg retrieval produced 20 eggs. 14 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 for PGS testing. The following month I began taking Estradiol and compounded gel Progesterone. We transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy. Currently, 20 weeks in March 2018.
IUI for us was covered mostly by insurance. So ultrasound were around $85 and he IUI was about $150. The IVF was around $25,000 (which included 2 cycles). The anesthesiologist was $400. The PGS testing cost around $2300 for up to 8 embryos. I needed insurance to cover OHSS since I had an AMH over 3. That cost was $$350.
Two main reasons on why we transferred one embryo. First, to reduce the risk of multiples. Past medical history was taken into consideration when making this decision. Second, transferring a single normal PGS tested embryo is recommended.
2013 - 2017
The clinic [RRC in Sandy] is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me...I love his nursing staff. They give you the emotional hug that is lacking with Dr. Heiner and listen quite a bit more...They had messed up on a couple of my blood draws and what they were testing for. Also a few mess ups with my bills.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me.
Dr. Heiner was very blunt and quick to say we had absolutely no option but IVF/ICSI. From the start, I've felt like he's in it more for the money than to help fix anything. I appreciate honesty but considering how emotionally taxing this process is I would like an RE that is sympathetic and not quite so clinical.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Rather than dealing with MFI and trying to better the situation I felt like his answer for everything is to jump straight to IVF/ICSI. I also have yet to get any guidance concerning my PCOS and what I can do for that. My biggest issue is the lack of compassion and sympathy. This has been a very tough 4.5 years TTC, and having an RE that is so clinical vs sympathetic makes the constant bad news much more devastating.
If he doesn't feel right for you, move on! Not every RE is created equal. Infertility is an emotional roller coaster and having an RE that fits your needs and knows how to approach your specific issues is invaluable.
His recommended strategy was to go straight to IVF/ICSI. My husband and I felt that was drastic and wanted more answers. We ended up seeing Dr. Hotaling for my husbands MFI and he has been great! We decided to try an IUI after my husbands treatments have made his numbers better. For that, Dr. Heiner gave me femara and an Ovidrel shot. The IUI was a bust and he continues to tell us IVF/ICSI is our only option when we hear differently from the Urologist office.
My insurance does not cover anything so it's all out of pocket. They have given some discounts on procedures and shots which is nice.
I haven't been educated on this yet.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
[The nurse at Reproductive Care Center is an] amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions...The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome...$15,500 for 2 retrievals and as many FET's as I produced. Meds were outside of that, I spent about $8,000 4,000 per cycle
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome, they always answer and if they don't they call you right back, they get you on the schedule very fast, and their office is clean and warming.
My Dr is the most kind caring individual I have ever met. He appreciates me as his patient and I can tell he is frustrated that we have not been able to conceive again. He is honest, open, and at the end of the day he cares. I do not blame him for the failed attempts, I am grateful he is the one by my side through all of this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Reinhart )
Amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
James Heiner is the best. He understands me, he is there for me, and he accommodates how far away I live from his clinic. He will take two hours to talk to me if I need it. I met him years ago and I will never switch drs. He shakes my husbands hand every time we see him, and he always follows up to check on how we are doing.
You have to ask questions. He will answer them, but he may not brush up on every detail unless you ask.
IUI's we used bravelle, femera, and ultrasounds. IVF we used bravelle, femara, estrace, birth control, blood work, ultra sounds, more injections that I can't fully remember. Both have been successful, unfortunately I have lost three IVF pregnancies.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center.
I could go in for monitoring whenever I needed! They were always very quick!
He suggests single transfers for me because twins are dangerous, especially with someone like me that has factor v, the more hormones produced the more likely a blood clot
Sandy
The nursing staff at this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is amazing. They are all kind and caring, there is a handful of nurses and I have personally been helped by each one at different times...The billing director sat my husband and I down and went over every single cost, specific to our treatment plan..She answered all of our questions, they even personally called our insurances to determine coverages. They broke down the cost of each item, from the anesthesiologist, embryo freezing, and the medications...They also have locations in Pleasant Grove, Sandy and even Idaho. The only downfall is for egg retrieval you will have to travel to the Sandy location, this is also where they will store the embryos....
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is extremely close to our home, located in Clearfield Utah. They also have locations in Pleasant Grove, Sandy and even Idaho. The only downfall is for egg retrieval you will have to travel to the Sandy location, this is also where they will store the embryos.
Dr. Gilliland always took time to say hello and goodbye to us while we were in the office. He was always polite and smiling, but he did forget my husbands name once (while it was on the computer screen in front of him).. Awkward!
The nursing staff at this clinic is amazing. They are all kind and caring, there is a handful of nurses and I have personally been helped by each one at different times.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland was always willing to explain every detail. I always have so many questions and he never rushed me or dismissed my questions. He would even break out charts, pictures, and diagrams to help my husband and I understand what is happening, what the next step will be, and every detail in between.
Stay relaxed. He is a very mellow doctor, and I was so tense and emotional my first time meeting him that I wasn't even able to remember everything that happened! You'll be emotional and tense just because you're in this situation but Dr. Gililland will try to make you smile and laugh, and that helps so much.
When we first were referred to Dr. Gililland it was for a Semen Analysis for my husband. I had just had a laparoscopy and it dismissed the endometriosis idea, so it was our next idea as to why we could not conceive. Results came back and they were low and we found our problem. Once we met with the doctor to go over these results he ordered blood tests to determine where these results were coming from. He also ordered me an ultra sound and a HSG (an x-ray of the fallopian tubes) just to make sure everything was healthy on my end. My husbands hormone levels showed on his blood test, very low, and out of sorts. He was then placed on Clomid to help raise the levels, and it did just that! His hormones raised significantly and he feels better with more energy, although it did not help his sperm count and motility. The doctor has now suggested we move on to IVF, my husbands numbers are too low to consider any other treatment course. They plan to just work with the numbers that my husband can produce since they are unable to help anymore.
The billing director sat my husband and I down and went over every single cost, specific to our treatment plan. Some couples need need things that others don't, and we would have never been able to tell what we needed on our own. She answered all of our questions, they even personally called our insurances to determine coverages. They broke down the cost of each item, from the anesthesiologist, embryo freezing, and the medications.
My doctor had a very strong preference to do a single embryo transfer. However, I am young and healthy, therefore I can see where he is coming from. It depends on the patient and he said that it is ultimately up to the couple how many they would like to transfer.
Clearfield
Their [Reproductive Care Center] IVF bundle packages save you a TON of money. All the staff is really nice and their place is organized and clean. They always have Ellen on or something funny so the wait doesn't seem as bad. They also have an app that you can use to track your appointments and see your blood test results.... Jeanette was the best nurse I could have asked for. She was always there for me and would return my calls as late as 7:30 some nights. She was super happy when telling me I was pregnant for the first time and we are now facebook friends. She was involved in a huge IVF study and had to work on that, so Tracy became my new nurse. She was just as great. She was also undergoing infertility treatments at the same time, so we could talk and tell each other of our experiences. I love the nursing staff there! They are all super nice and understanding.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I think they are getting busier, which is really good for them. Sometimes the wait is a little long (30 min). Their IVF bundle packages save you a TON of money. All the staff is really nice and their place is organized and clean. They always have Ellen on or something funny so the wait doesn't seem as bad. They also have an app that you can use to track your appointments and see your blood test results.
Dr. Blauer answered all of our questions when we first came in for a consult- and we had a LOT of questions. We talked for at least an hour and he didn't rush us and got to know us personally. He knew I was a special case and gave us the facts, but also gave us hope that we desperately needed. During some visits, we would both show each other pictures of our dogs. I really like Dr. Blauer and recommend him to anyone that needs help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette Rossi)
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
We got serious about treatment when the RCC was expanding their clinic in Idaho, so he didn't do a lot of my ultrasounds and check ups, but he was there for the important ones. He even called me at night to deliver results or his opinion on the next step for us and helped us get through a miscarriage and a year of treatments. Dr. Blauer is always concerned about my mental and emotional state of mind and would make sure I was absolutely ready before suggesting another treatment.
He tells is how it is as gentle as he can, but he doesn't give false hope. He told us we had a 10-15% chance of getting pregnant with IVF and I am currently expecting. He will go into as much or as little detail about your situation as possible and will do whatever he can to help.
Due to my condition, I had to take almost triple the amount of meds a normal IVF patient had to take. My eggs would not react as well. We noticed this trend halfway through my cycle and decided to up the dosage and got much better results. He suggested I take multiple vitamins to preserve egg quality (DHEA, Melatonin, SeroVital, Vitamin D3, CoQ10 and a prenatal for months) We switched from progesterone suppositories to injections because they were cheaper and more convenient for me working full-time.
After the IUI's we decided to do a package IVF deal with 2 or 3 cycles if we paid cash up front. We paid about $15k for the dual cycle package and another $4k in medication costs. They even gave us the option to "upgrade" to a 3rd IVF cycle for the package cost. We had to get special permission to get the package deal but it was worth it. They were also offering discounted IVF cycles to couples who qualified (we didn't qualify, but lots others did). Because we had insurance coverage, they were able to get us some money back for the multiple IVF cycle - $12,000, making it a little cheaper to try and have a baby. They were always willing to talk to me about any of my financial questions and their online docusign program is awesome. It saves you a trip from having to go to the clinic in person and sign the papers.
Originally we transferred 2 embryos on the first fresh IVF cycle in hopes of getting twins but neither took. The first frozen cycle we transferred 2 as well and one took and resulted in a miscarriage. The last frozen cycle we only did one. Dr. Blauer strongly recommended implanting no more than 2 embryos and I'm glad we did only one the last time.
Sandy
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is great at providing relatively low cost infertility case. It's weakest point across all employees I have come across is communication...We found out 3 cycles in that I should have been injecting low dose HCG along with Follistim during my first cycle, I was never told. During our followup from our latest cycle we learned that a vitamin D supplement was in my chart but neither my husband nor I had been told about it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is great at providing relatively low cost infertility case. It's weakest point across all employees I have come across is communication. With the exception of my Dr and one MA, I do not feel that anyone really cares about me or my situation.
Dr G is very kind and takes the time to answer questions.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Gilliland is very caring and kind. He is also very knowledgeable. He takes the time to answer questions and treats us with great consideration. He is willing to listen to concerns and adjust treatment. Some things were not well communicated by him in the course of treatments and he tends to be dismissive of most alternative or supplemental treatments (I.e. Most vitamins and other supplements). He will go out of his way to help us and weekend morning emails and phone calls are not uncommon during a cycle.
Educate yourself well before going in so you know the right questions to ask.
We have done 4 IVF cycles with Dr G. The first ended in a freeze all and then a frozen transfer due to a polyp found by the Dr mid cycle. It was a straight Follistim cycle with Ganirelix as the antagonist. We transferred both of the resulting embryos in a frozen cycle that resulted in a negative beta. Being new to IVF at the time, I'm unsure of the rationale. The second cycle used a mixture of Follistim and Menopur, also with a Ganirelix antagonist. This resulted in 3 day transfer of the only 2 remaining blastocysts due to poor embryo quality and a positive beta that ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. The next cycle was an identical protocol to the second with the addition of Omnitrope and ended in a 5 day transfer of the only fair quality embryo and resulted in a negative beta. The 4th cycle was a no suppression cycle with identical protocol to the second with the addition of letrozole during a few days of the cycle. This cycle ended with no transfer due to my and my husbands decision not to do a recommended 3 day transfer. By day 5, all embryos were gone. We're just now beginning a 5th cycle and based on our requests, we are going a Menopur only stimulation with a Microdose Lupron antagonist, a 3 day transfer and transferring up to 4 embryos if available.
We have insurance coverage, so most costs went to the insurance company. There is an anesthesiologist of 300$ not billed to insurance, and we have a high deductible plan so we paid out of pocket for that amount.
Based on my age and apparent egg quality, my Dr has always recommended transferring two, with the exception of a cycle where one embryo was well ahead of the others in development. Our upcoming cycle he is in agreement with transferring more than 2 as long as we are well informed of the risks of possibly carrying multiples.
Clearfield
Our nurse and staff [at RCC-Clearfield] where incredible! They were always accessible for any questions or concerns through the process. They were compassionate to our situation and very knowledgeable about the procedures and protocols.... This clinic did a fabulous job of focusing on me as a person and patient, not just a number. They were timely and accommodating to my schedule. One weakness is that this clinic is not open for some procedures and that required driving to their other location about an hour away.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Every time I came into the office, even if it was just to make a follow up appointment or to have a follicle check and wasn’t even scheduled to See Dr. Swelstad, he greeted me by name and asked how things were going. He remembered my medical history and did a great job at answering all my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Our nurse and staff where incredible! They were always accessible for any questions or concerns through the process. They were compassionate to our situation and very knowledgeable about the procedures and protocols.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Swelstad was very honest and open through the entire course of treatment. Despite the variables that couldn’t be controlled, he continually updated us on the direction of treatment and answered all of our questions very clearly. Dr Swelstad was sensitive to the needs of our family and was helpful in directing us with our choices to have a healthy successful cycle. He wasn’t shy about conveying the risks of treatments but also allowed us autonomy to decide which was to proceed. He was accessible and very friendly. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Don’t be afraid to voice your opinions, fears and dreams. He is very willing to work as a team and they will be very well received.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol for our IVF Cycle. We were successful with a 28 egg retrieval. Our fertilization didn’t go well and we ended up with 3 eggs for transfer at day 3. We transferred the two with the best quality and had a successful Singleton pregnancy and birth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center.
There were many options of IVF treatment with RCC. We opted for a single "fresh cycle". The cost including medication was just under $14,000.
Describe Brad Swelstad's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Dr Swelstad did encourage us to transfer only 1 or 2 embryo. He did explain the risks of high order multiple pregnancies and births.
Clearfield
The Pleasant Grove clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is small and feels like a welcoming home to you. We had to do some of our testing and other clinical work up at the Sandy office, which felt less welcoming. I loved the Pleasant Grove clinic because I knew everyone who worked there and they all knew who I was. They were incredibly fast and I never felt like I was just wasting time sitting around, which I appreciated.... Barb was an enthusiastic, fun, and reassuring coordinator and nurse.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The Pleasant Grove clinic is small and feels like a welcoming home to you. We had to do some of our testing and other clinical work up at the Sandy office, which felt less welcoming. I loved the Pleasant Grove clinic because I knew everyone who worked there and they all knew who I was. They were incredibly fast and I never felt like I was just wasting time sitting around, which I appreciated.
Dr. Gilliland fought battles for me I wouldn't have even thought to fight for myself. He was always caring and understanding, and answered, in-depth, the many many questions I asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Barb)
Barb was an enthusiastic, fun, and reassuring coordinator and nurse. She herself had been through IVF before, which made her feel much more understanding and compassionate. She was very efficient, which made tedious things like blood draws, less annoying. I knew I would never have to spend tons of time at those little appointments, which was great since I was working at the time.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland is the type of doctor you wish you could see for every thing in your life. There were multiple times throughout my pregnancy where I told my husband, "I just want Dr. G to be my OBGYN. Nobody is as good as him." He reassures you constantly and is willing to talk to you about every step. I'm a naturally curious person and he answered every million question I had, never acting like it was an annoyance. One of the most memorable moments I had throughout m IVF, was on the day of the transfer, after he the transfer of the egg and everything was done, he prayed with my husband and I for the success of this pregnancy. He cares about each individual and I always knew he was on our side, rather than the side of the clinic.
You cannot go wrong with Dr. Gililland. He will care for you unlike any doctor you've ever met.
I honestly can't remember. I know Dr. Gililland tried to get the clinic to allow us to do our second round (since we only got one god egg) but the clinic would not allow it.
We did the multiple rounds discount package, so we paid for two rounds up front, knowing that if the first round worked, we wouldn't be using the second. This included all the ultrasounds, the PGD, ICSI, and freezing. I believe we paid around 20,000 for two rounds. I think medications were an additional 1,000. We also paid for an outside service to test the embryos for genetic malformations, but I cannot remember how much that was.
I know Dr. Gililland was a strong advocate for only implanting one egg, since multiples tend to create more difficult pregnancies. We only had one egg to implant, so it wasn't really an option for us at the end. Dr. G did discuss it with us prior to the beginning of treatment as an option though, and we decided we did not want to risk multiples.
Pleasant Grove
I felt comfortable from the first moment I scheduled our first appointment [at RCC-Sandy]. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile. The nurses were always friendly and we’re great to make sure we didn’t waste our time while there... I had not tried injections during any previous IUI’s and that was the first thing he wanted us to try. Unfortunately it didn’t work again, but I was glad that he took a different approach than my previous doctors.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I felt comfortable from the first moment I scheduled our first appointment. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile. The nurses were always friendly and we’re great to make sure we didn’t waste our time while there.
Everyone made sure that we felt comfortable every time we went into the office!
They were all very friendly
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner was great from the very beginning. During our first visit he took the time to listen to everything we had tried with previous doctors and asked thoughtful questions which made me feel more comfortable. We expressed what we wanted to do with our next treatments and he made sure that we were doing what was best for us and that we didn’t jump into something big before we tried everything else first. I was ready to jump right into IVF but we hadn’t done a round of IUI with injections yet and he wanted us to try that first which I was glad about. The IUI’s were not successful (we did 2 with him) and after we found out the second wasn’t successful he had us meet with him in his office where he reviewed the previous levels for both me and my husband. He noticed that Jordan’s sperm had changed and he recalculated our fertility score and found it was low. He then suggested moving to IVF only if we were comfortable and ready for it. We voiced our concerns and he took the time to answer all of our questions. We didn’t feel rushed one bit. In the end we decided not to move forward at that time. We loved working with Dr. Heiner!
We paid for our initial visit, the two iui’s And follow up appointments for both. Standard fees
Sandy
This is difficult to answer as I was living in Idaho while receiving treatment. I'm hoping my experience is not typical for others. Dr. Blauers team was great while Dr. Heiners was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the clinic as a whole...I was scheduled to go through IVF in February of 2016 in their new Idaho Falls IVF Center. They called less than a week before and said that the building would not be open in time. This happened 3 times. The building ended up opening in June. They shouldn't have told me that they would open until they knew for sure - or until the building was already open.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I would never hear from the Dr or staff regarding any of my concerns, questions, or test results unless I called them. I would have to call several times and it sometimes took weeks for them to call or email me back.
My care coordinator was not a good communicator and did not make an effort to reach out to me with information unless I contacted her. I felt like I was always forgotten. I much preferred Dr. Blauer's care coordinator Jeanette - who ended up helping me during our IVF treatment and giving me her personal cell number so that I could ask her any questions any time!
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
After talking with Dr. Heiner I had a hard time feeling confident that he really knew and understood our infertility issues. I would always have to repeat myself and our diagnosis to him. We had lots of phone appointments because we were out of state. He would mumble over the phone, and would speak as though we knew all the terminology. I finally asked him to PLEASE have his assistant send an email with all the details regarding our course of treatment because I could not follow what he was saying.
Don't expect answers - he will only give you the bare minimum regarding your treatment unless you ask for more details.
IVF low-dose stimulation. Started Femara 5 mg for 5 days. Gonal-F 450 units and Low dose HCG 50 units day 3 and day 5. Monitored after that and continued with Gonal-F for a few more days. Can't remember exactly. Only produced 3 eggs. 1 egg was viable for IVF. That 1 egg was fertilized using ICSI. Fortunately that 1 egg was good quality and became a good quality embryo. Day 3 embryo transfer - resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Baby girl was born February 27, 2017. Dr Heiner was the primary Dr however Dr Blauer (also from RCC) was the Dr who performed all ultrasounds, egg retrieval, and egg transfer.
$17,000+ for a multi cycle contract. 3 cycles.
Sandy
Sometimes they [RRC - Sandy] act like you've done this before so you should know what they are talking about.... They don't always call when they say they will, had to call the embryologist multiple times...I was in an IVF study, so often I did feel like a number. A nurse there wouldn't call when she said she would or explain what things meant very well. ...The charge nurse was fantastic. She explained things great, was compassionate. Gave me her cell phone number. Called me to see how I was doing. Another nurse who helped with procedures was not very nice. Didn't remember even though I saw her a lot, impersonal, didn't explain things well even when I asked questions, rattled off about the embryo ratings without telling me what that meant, didn't call me to give a report when she said she would, couldn't find my uterus during the frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Sometimes they act like you've done this before so you should know what they are talking about. I'm on to my second transfer and I still couldn't remember completely what we did for the first one. I'd rather they over explain, but they don't. They don't always call when they say they will, had to call the embryologist multiple times.
I was in an IVF study, so often I did feel like a number. A nurse there wouldn't call when she said she would or explain what things meant very well. But when I had OHSS, the doctor called me personally to see how I was doing and I really appreciated that. A different nurse took her time explaining things better.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He says things hat are kind of insensitive to people with infertility. Like "are you sure you want to go through with this?" He was joking, but I didn't appreciate it. I like to know how many follicles and how big they were, he would only explain or tell me if I asked. Not very compassionate or explain what could have gone wrong when we had a chemical pregnancy.
Ask questions, he won't tell you what's going on otherwise.
Everything went according to plan, stims for 11 days before trigger shot, I was taking Gonal-F. Except they couldn't give me the trigger shot until they read my blood work, my estrogen levels had gotten pretty high, so I had to go back to the office to get it. I was over stimulated so we didn't do a fresh transfer, had to wait 2 months before doing a frozen transfer. Didn't inform us of how they sperm looked or the eggs. Sometimes didn't call report when they said they would, I had to call the embryologist myself for an update on our embryos. Didn't explain what their ratings meant very well. During the frozen transfer the nurse couldn't find my uterus in the ultrasound, Dr Blauer said it was fine, but it didn't make me feel very comforted.
One cycle of IVF is a little under $8,000. Then they have different packages, which includes all frozen transfers if necessary. 2 fresh cycles is $15,600, 3 fresh is $18,500, 4 cycles is $20,800. Guarantee program is $23,000, that's up to 4 cycles 100% money back if you do not have a live birth. ISCI is another $2,000. Medications range from $3,000-$5,000.
They let me choose. Told me the warnings of having multiples.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Getting an appoinment to sit down and talk to the doctor [at Reproductive Care Center-Clearfield] was always hard but scheduling other than that was usually not difficult. Their insurance lady, Michele, was horrible. She was horribly rude every time I spoke with her and always seemed so inconvienced with questions. One time I called her with a quick insurance question, a week and a half later she had not called me back. I called again and she informed me that she was busy and my question was not important so that is why she did not respond.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Getting an appoinment to sit down and talk to the doctor was always hard but scheduling other than that was usually not difficult. Their insurance lady, Michele, was horrible. She was horribly rude every time I spoke with her and always seemed so inconvienced with questions. One time I called her with a quick insurance question, a week and a half later she had not called me back. I called again and she informed me that she was busy and my question was not important so that is why she did not respond. This alone would make me recommend people not go there. Being as a lot of infertility treatments are not covered by insurance and its a sensitive subject matter I think the insurance lady should be expected to be kind and sensitive just as the nurses and doctors should be.
He was always busy and rushed but overall he seemed to care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Not sure, but I frequently had the same one. Jen I think it was, and Heather after her.)
Jen always seemed annoyed. Too busy to be bothered with questions and getting phone calls returned was a nightmare. I dreaded calling with questions or concerns and she was very cold when dealing with ending my first pregnancy which was ectopic and devasting for me.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
My experience was unique...we ran into one problem after another and had many set backs. In the end I felt like he avoided doing additonal testing that could have diagnosed my issues sooner and saved me a great deal of greif simply because I didn't fit the standard age or weight for certain issues to be likely. I would have gladly undergone and paid for more testing upfront. I was not diagnosed with endometeiosis until AFTER an ectopic pregnancy AND a heterotopic pregnancy due to the issue. I really think that is something that should have been found and looked for instead of finding PCOS and thinking that was the answer to all my problems. I was also diagnosed with endometeial hyperplasia but not nearly as soon as I think a more througho eval would have found it.
Ask for more testing if you feel its nessacary. Be your own adovate.
3 cycles on any one thing was recommended before moving on. I did Femara for 2 with trigger shots due to still not ovulating. Next 3 rounds of clomid, surgery, found hyperplasia, northendrone, biopsy problem not solved, was sent to oncologist, put on m- something as last resort, biopsy all clear, 3 more rounds of clomid, 3 rounds of clomid plus shots 3rd was ectopic pregnancy, wait, another 3 rounds of clomid plus shots, after third planned IVF. 3rd round was heterotopic pregnancy, tube burst lost tube but baby in uterus survived. I dont remember doses now but I way over reacted to the clomid plus shots and kept going down in amounts month after month. The lowest # of mature eggs I ever recall was 4 and I was advised to cancel cycles each time.
A lot, particularly when it came to shots and having to order them from another state. $7000 plus for each surgery Swelsted did.
Swelstad left the clinic right before we were going to start IVF so I dont recall discussing that with him.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I usually waited 15-20 mins before being seen [for monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center]...Strengths- They care about their patients. They try their best to keep you as informed as possible. I received calls from Dr. Blauer at 7a before the clinic opened to talk about results and calls from the nursing staff at 7pm, long after the office had closed, to update me on my embryos’ growth. Weaknesses-they are busy.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He took the time to explain everything to us even if it meant being late for another appointment or calling us at 7am. Our very first appointment he was an hour late. Initially I was very upset until we found out that he was on the phone with a distraught patient. This man cares.
I love the nursing staff at RCC. They go through the trenches with you. One sweet nurse who prepped us for our hormone shots shared with us her own ivf story to ease our nerves. One nurse we grew very close to and still talk to today.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
I love that Dr. Blaur is willing to explain everything. Even if it means scheduling phone calls at 7am. He can be very technical in his explanations, but will “dumb it down” if you don’t understand. Our first doctor would never explain why we couldn’t conceive. He explained it within the first 5 mins after taking our medical history.
Let him know if you don’t understand a concept he is trying to explain. He can come off cold at first, but really he has the perfect mix of bedside manner and bluntness.
I was involved in a research study with Dr Blauer comparing Menopur and GonalF. I was given Menopur for approximately 10 days while being monitored via u/s. Followed by a trigger shot then egg retrieval. Icsi was used for fertilization and pgs testing on day 5 followed by a fresh embryo transfer. Only one embryo was transferred per protocol. Endometrin suppositories were used until week 10. All procedures and dosages performed were per the protocol set by the study sponsor.
Monitoring visits were in the morning which was a little inconvenient as I work in a clinic and the morning is my busiest time, however, it always worked out. I usually waited 15-20 mins before being seen.
My insurance cover about 80% of diagnostics. Overall I believe we paid $500-$1000. All procedures related to the study protocol were covered by the study sponsor.
The study only allowed for eSET
Sandy
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] never called or updated my online chart with some results I was waiting for. I had to call multiple times and leave messages to finally receive them. They were never added to my online chart. When I switched clinics I filled out the form to have them send my medical chart to the other clinic. They never did. I called them twice and they still never got it sent.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic was nice. It was a small clinic, but was warm and inviting.
I never really spent much time with the doctor after our initial consult. He was very scientific and too the point and somtimes lacked that human side of things.
The nursing team was very compassionate and nice. It was really hard to get a hold of them and they didn't always call back unless I left multiple messages.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Swelstad is a very knowledgeable doctor. He really knew what he was talking about. He talked in a very clinical way and I understood all he was saying because I have a medical background, however it was hard for my husband to follow everything he was saying. He was not very compassionate. More just to the point about treatment.
If going to Dr Swelstad just know that he is very straight to the point and not overly compassionate.
We were only under Dr Swelstad's care for a few months. He ran a few blood tests on myself and a sperm analysis on my husband. He dismissed some of my concerns about pelvic pain and other cyclical symptoms. My next fertility doctor dug a little deeper and found that I had endometriosis. He also told us that my husbands sperm analysis was great even though his morphology was low. He told us that should matter because he had a high enough count. After switching doctors we have found out that the low morphology could be a major cause of our infertility. Dr. Swelstad performed an HSG in which everything appeared to be clear. He then had me take Femara for 3 months since my OB had me on Clomid for 3 months previously and it was not successful. None of the cycles with Dr. Swelstad were successful and we left with an Unexplained diagnosis.
I had costs related to mostly the office visits and blood work. The most substantial cost was for the HSG.
This was not applicable for us.
Clearfield
I loved the nursing staff [at Reproductive Care Center]. They were much more compassionate than Dr. Blauer and they knew who I was through the whole process. They were the best part of the experience especially Barb in the Pleasant Grove office. She has gone through IVF herself so she was very understanding and made sure you knew what was going on...Be prepared to wait a long time for your visits...Pleasant Grove office is great. Its small so they know who you are. You have to have your large procedures like egg retrieval and transfer done at the Sandy office though. The Sandy office always was a long wait, usually an hour past your appointment time and the longest I waited was an hour and a half. I would still recommend just because the Pleasant Grove office was so great.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He wasn't interested in talking very much and I always had to wait for around an hour after my appointment time to be seen with no apologies ever. Also I had to sit there silently while he logged in my info which I felt like he was more worried about my stats not concerned with me.
I loved the nursing staff. They were much more compassionate than Dr. Blauer and they knew who I was through the whole process. They were the best part of the experience especially Barb in the Pleasant Grove office. She has gone through IVF herself so she was very understanding and made sure you knew what was going on.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very slow each appointment but still didn't talk very much to me. He was efficient in the procedures but the worst experience I had was when we talked about how many embryos to transfer. My husband and I felt strongly to put in two and Dr. Blauer continued to make snide comments saying we were risking our babies health just to make sure the first procedure worked. Even after we told him we were firm on two he wrote down one transfer on our paper and we had to tell him no we said two embryos. After that I didn't like being around him because I felt very judged for wanting two.
Be prepared to wait a long time for your visits. Listen to what he has to say but also follow your own intuitions and stand firm on your embryo transfer amount if it feels right to you.
My egg retrieval went well, I started to get close to being overly stimulated by the dosage amount and had to lesson the dosage a couple of times. I had many follicles that were getting too large so they had to move up my egg retrieval date a couple of days. It was nice to move things faster but it also caused me not to have as many mature eggs. I had 11 which is a good amount but lots of people have more than that. They let all my embryos grow 5 days which I had 5 successful embryos after that. They gave one egg one more day to grow and it ended up being good as well and was frozen at 6 days. I put in two embryos even though Dr. Blauer continued to make me feel like a bad person for doing so but we felt strongly we needed two in. I conceived a single embryo from the two and am currently in my third trimester with a little boy. Dr. Blauer obviously knew what he was doing and I know of several people with success stories after having him as a doctor.
My insurance covered 80% off all procedures so we spent around $2800 for everything which we were very lucky that was all.
He is very against putting multiple in, at least he was in my case. He still let us make the decision but we had to stand firm and he made us feel like we were horrible parents for putting two in. He also wrote one embryo transfer on our paper after we had told him two and we had to point out that he had written it down wrong and make him change it to two.
Pleasant Grove
The Skype visits are great! They [RRC - Sandy] allowed me to do them at my local hospital because I was out of state. However, it may be much cheaper to do them through the clinic. They also have a discount for self pay if your insurance doesn't cover infertility. We also received another discount based on our household income. That was a welcome relief! We were able t qualify for a $50 initial "visit" because we were referred there by a friend. Fertility treatments are expensive, but they made it affordable!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The Skype visits are great! They allowed me to do them at my local hospital because I was out of state. However, it may be much cheaper to do them through the clinic. They also have a discount for self pay if your insurance doesn't cover infertility. We also received another discount based on our household income. That was a welcome relief! We were able t qualify for a $50 initial "visit" because we were referred there by a friend. Fertility treatments are expensive, but they made it affordable!
I felt like he actually cared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
They were great! The Dr. Heiner's nurse always emailed me the next steps, and she was always so helpful when I called with questions.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Because we live out of state, I was able to Skype with him for our "office visits". Even though I only "met" him through a screen, we were able to quickly figure out our needs and next steps. It was very convenient to not travel to 5 hours one way. I was able to order labs through the local Hospital and discuss them and quickly come up with a plan.
Look into Skype visits if you live far away!
First we did the generic labs for both my husband and myself. We were able to get pregnant 2 years before seeing a doctor, but then miscarried. I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. My husband had slightly low sperm count, motility, morphology, along with white blood cells in his sperm. For my husband, whe was put on an antibiotic to clear a possible infection and Fertilaid and CoQ10 (both OTC) to help with the sperm. I began thyroid medicine (Levothyroxin) and took Pregnitude (OTC). I also had an HSG done to check for tube blockages/clear them. After the HSG, we got our BFP!! The next step, however, was going to be Femara and possiblibly and IUI. I felt that it was rushing and the medicine didnt have time to fully work. Thankfully, it didn't get to that point. Overall, I'm pleased with the treatment and care I received.
Great discounts! $50 initial office visit because I was referred by a friend. I believe a 10% discount for self pay (insurance didnt cover infertility). And income based discount for being below a certain number. For example, An HSG (live xray with contrast dye into the tubes and uterus) was only $309 out of pocket, compared to the "sticker" price of $500+. The billing department was awesome and quickly sent bills and communicated well.
2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I believe in this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] with all my heart. Every employee and staff member has treated me with kindness and respect. I can’t think of any weaknesses with the clinic. I genuinely have had nothing but respect shown to me. We miscarried twice and were treated beautifully both times.... Our initial fresh IVF cycle was $14,000. This was for monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, blood draws, ICSI, egg transfer, frozen remaining embryos, and pregnancy test. After our miscarriage our next frozen cycle was $3,800 and that was with a 10% discount for miscarriage.
2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I believe in this clinic with all my heart. Every employee and staff member has treated me with kindness and respect. I can’t think of any weaknesses with the clinic. I genuinely have had nothing but respect shown to me. We miscarried twice and were treated beautifully both times.
Dr. Blauer shows genuine care and affection. He is very personable, and is always ready to help and answer any questions or concerns. Both of our pregnancies ended in miscarriage and Dr. Blauer was very kind and sympathetic, and ready to work and help us keep going. He always says “let’s get you a baby” and I genuinely know that he’s putting his whole self into helping us start our family.
Young, kind, energetic, quick to respond to all calls and emails.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer has a gentle demeanor, he is very humble, yet very educated and successful. He remembers us and never treats us like a number. We love Dr. Blauer and will always be greatful to the hard work and perseverance he’s had with our situation.
I would advise them to trust him completely. There’s no one else I’d want handling my care.
Dr. Blauer was very open about the risks of multiple embryo transfer, he gave us our odds of success with a single embryo, and explained his reasoning for wanting us to do single. He also explained that he would not stop us from doing multiple. In the end we trusted his judgement, and we did have successful implantation with single embryo.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [RCC] have always been kind and tried to find the answers to many of our questions before making appointments....There was a little hiccup with our insurance and not getting the correct facility set up for my endometriosis surgery. They were awesome and tried to fix it in a way that would work. It would have been nice to have that all done before scheduling work off, but they tried to make it work so it was an overall ok experience.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He was very understanding and explained things in ways we could understand. He answered all of our questions and has been happy to help us and get us where we need to be.
They have always been kind and tried to find the answers to many of our questions before making appointments.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very knowledgeable and is kind and courteous. So far we have not gotten pregnant but hopefully will in the next few months based on our plan with Dr. Heiner. So far the treatments we have done are working like they should and are excited to get to the next phase of treatment.
Schedule an appointment. He is great and should be considered when looking into fertility options.
We have done standard fertility testing to get to our diagnosis of unexplained fertility. He said it was possible I had endometriosis and surgery could be an option to help with fertility. I did the surgery for pain reasons mostly but Dr. Heiner said it may increase our chances and we will see if it does in a few months. If not we will move onto IVF.
Insurance has mostly covered it but we did pay out of pockets for some testing which they had a discount for self pay patients.
Sandy
Knowledgeable staff [Reproductive Care Center], tells you the options you have and the pricing up front. It is pretty pricey, but most clinics in Utah are. The nurses are quick to email you back. Took a few weeks to get in to see the doctor. I really like the Clearfield office, didn’t feel as welcomed at the Sandy office.... The staff forgot to have the billing nurse call me to tell me the overall pricing. It didn’t mess up the protocol though, so it was alright.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Knowledgeable staff, tells you the options you have and the pricing up front. It is pretty pricey, but most clinics in Utah are. The nurses are quick to email you back. Took a few weeks to get in to see the doctor. I really like the Clearfield office, didn’t feel as welcomed at the Sandy office.
He took the time to answer my questions and explain things if I needed more of an explanation. Gave me his personal email if I had other questions.
Very nice and helpful. Answers my emails when I have questions. Helped me understand protocol.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He answers your questions and makes sure you understand. Doesn’t feel like he is in a hurry. Honest and warm bedside manners. He talked about different testing and prices, which I really appreciated. Wanted to change my protocol since the first didn’t work, I really am excited about.
The doctor I had previously had me on Gonal-F for egg retrieval and a trigger shot of Lupron. I ended with three embryos of good and fair quality. So Dr Gililland wants to change the protocol with a mix of Gonal-F and Menopur and a trigger shot mix of HCG and Lupron. And he left me with options of Embryo Glue that he suggested. Gave us other options if we wanted to do other tests before another IVF cycle.
$7,900 fresh transfer, $300 anesthetist fee, $303 hyper stem insurance, $1,900 ICSI, $275 Embryo Glue
I was educated that transferring two enhances success a little bit, but multiples is very common. He still left it up to us.
Clearfield
Short waiting time which is very nice. I always get a call back when I leave a message. They [RRC- Clearfiled] have been paitient will all my questions. You know they care. They can always fit me in when I need an emergency appointment. Open on holidays and weekends for emergencies.... Lots of the nurses there have personally gone through infertility so they know how to relate and they know how hard it really is. They are very thorough and answer any question i have.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Short waiting time which is very nice. I always get a call back when I leave a message. They have been paitient will all my questions. You know they care. They can always fit me in when I need an emergency appointment. Open on holidays and weekends for emergencies.
The nurses always made me feel important even though they deal with people who have the same problem as me all day!
Lots of the nurses there have personally gone through infertility so they know how to relate and they know how hard it really is. They are very thorough and answer any question i have. They also make sure I understand what is happening before any procedure.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr G is so kind! He genuinely wants things to work out for you. I have wondered with him though if we have tried everything we can or done every test needed before suggesting ivf. When the nurses have questions or when I have questions for home he always takes the time to talk to me and answer my questions.
Write down questions before your appointments so you know what to ask when you are there. I would think of things before appointments and forget to ask while there.
We did 3 iui’s because I have unexplained infertility he thought that would be a good starting point. We did try injections along with iui to get more eggs. No successful iuis
About $500 per iui with medications $75 per office visit copay
2013 - 2018
I loved the nurses and the nurse practitioners than did many of my ultrasound and IUI [at Reproductive Care Center]. Many gave personal infertility stories. It added compassion and hope to the process to have someone who had been there walking you through it...Because of the meds required, IUI with FSH cycles ranged from 3500-7000...I had great experiences with the clinic. Never had terrible getting appointments, waiting for the appointment or getting call back. Billing could be clearer. I did have difficulty after paying all past due and getting additional bills sorted out.
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He was very interested in the details of our case. He seemed invested in our success.
I loved the nurses and the nurse practitioners than did many of my ultrasound and IUI. Many gave personal infertility stories. It added compassion and hope to the process to have someone who had been there walking you through it.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very good at breaking it down and finding answers. Very straightforward. I always felt like he was very professional. He is not a warm fuzzy kind of doctor. At this point in my treatment, that was the least of my concern. I have referred friends to his care.
We started FSH and femara my first cycle with him. I have extraordinarily high AMH. We had to add more FSH every few days. The plan was to do 3 days at 80 iu. By the end of the cycle I had done 13 days of FSH injections gradually moving up to 375 iu. With some trial and error he realized I needed to start high and go down as I respond. My first successful cycles we started at 375 iu and worked down to 200 iu over 8 days. I got pregnant with twins that cycle. When I went back a year later. We did the same protocol and I got my 2nd son.
Because of the meds required, IUI with FSH cycles ranged from 3500-7000.
Sandy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
The costs have always been right around what I was quoted... the only thing I don't like is their website, it's confusing and doesn't have information I need on it. Cant make a payment when your logged in and emailing a nurse usually doesn't get a reply. Otherwise the clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is very nice and clean and inviting and everyone there is very sweet.... I couldn't get a nurse to call me back about a test result for almost a week and a half, I ended up having to make an appointment to get them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
the only thing I don't like is their website, it's confusing and doesn't have information I need on it. Cant make a payment when your logged in and emailing a nurse usually doesn't get a reply. Otherwise the clinic is very nice and clean and inviting and everyone there is very sweet.
Dr Blauer is very good at reviewing everything with you carefully and helping you deal with any complications that come up.
the only issue I had was I couldn't get a nurse to call me back about a test result for almost a week and a half, I ended up having to make an appointment to get them. I also think they forget to give you information sometimes because the assume you already know or have it. The website is lousy too 😊
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He's been a great doctor and has been nice but hasn't sugar coated answers when I needed to know what my chances were. Hes been understanding and helpful when we've had problems getting my husband in with me for appointments.
Bring a notebook and ask what all of your options are and what he thinks the best route is.
started using clomid for several months gradually upping the dose. We then switched to letrozole. When that didn't help we started iui with letrozole and trigger shots.
The costs have always been right around what I was quoted and they've made sure to show me a breakdown upfront before we do anything.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We literally waited about an hour in the waiting room (so an hour after our appt time) before we were actually called back for our appt [at Reproductive Care Center]...It's fairly small - I liked the intimate feel. They need some work on their communication. Would only occasionally get calls back to voicemails. Only answered their phones 50% of the time (maybe) and with time sensitive information that can be a make it or break it situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
It's fairly small - I liked the intimate feel. They need some work on their communication. Would only occasionally get calls back to voicemails. Only answered their phones 50% of the time (maybe) and with time sensitive information that can be a make it or break it situation. We literally waited about an hour in the waiting room (so an hour after our appt time) before we were actually called back for our appt. Every. Dang. Appt.
Bedside manner left MUCH to be desired. He was new to our clinic when we first arrived and you could tell the staff even knew he had horrible bedside manner because before my procedure they had to give me a disclaimer on it.
They were the highlight of the clinic. If I could only have seen them I wouldn't have left. They were difficult to contact - didn't always answer the phone but they were so compassionate and patient.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He is intelligent where actual facts of fertility are concerned but any actual dealing with a human being was a poor experience. I left him after only being with him a short time because I couldn't stomach having my most heartbreaking experiences with a doctor with his bedside manner.
Be prepared for a guy who gets down to business but who doesn't really let you know what that business is.
2010 - 2017
The nursing staff [at RCC-Sandy] was really good at getting back to me and making sure my calls or emails were returned before they left for the day. They were great at making sure I knew of any changes to my protocol and making sure I understood all the reasons for the changes, etc. They are also very compassionate and caring.... This clinic is run very well. Appointments are very efficient and wait times are low. The clinic decor is warm and welcoming. I had to bring my kid to an appointment or two and they were very good about accommodating us.
2010 - 2017
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Dr. Blauer would spend all the time we needed answering our questions. He's the only doctor we would see, so he always knew what happened at each of our appointments. He also always knew what had happened in previous cycles and was willing to try new things and change protocol in an attempt to get better results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette)
The nursing staff was really good at getting back to me and making sure my calls or emails were returned before they left for the day. They were great at making sure I knew of any changes to my protocol and making sure I understood all the reasons for the changes, etc. They are also very compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Blauer was patient and very compassionate. He was willing to make adjustments to my protocols in order to optimize results. He would spend as much time with us as we needed when we had questions. He was always very positive and optimistic.
We did IVF with Dr. Blauer three times. My protocols were all different, but I don't remember exactly what we did during the three different cycles. But, he was always willing to try different things to help us get the best results.
IVF with ICSI was around $9000,
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I have recently learned that this clinic [Reproductive Care Center-Pleasant Grove] does not participate in the attain loan program. That is a downside for me. The costs of some procedures are a little higher than other clinics. Also, I have been told that their embryo adoption waiting list time and selection is different from other clinics in the area.... Rachel and anyone I have spoken to has taken the time to answer all my questions, to confirm answers and get back to me, etc. I never feel like they are rushed or annoyed with my calls.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I have recently learned that this clinic does not participate in the attain loan program. That is a downside for me. The costs of some procedures are a little higher than other clinics. Also, I have been told that their embryo adoption waiting list time and selection is different from other clinics in the area.
Dr. Heiner spent an extensive amount of time with myself and my husband. He continued to answer question after question without appearing rushed or bothered. Later, I received the notes from our appointment and they were incredibly detailed!
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Heiner took a long time with my husband and I during our appointments. He explained everything in detail, including drawing diagrams and writing down statistics. I was impressed by the amount of detail he remembered when I read the appointment notes later.
Write down your questions in advance and as they come up during the appointment.
We discussed using clomid versus femara and adding Gonal F. We increased the clomid to 100mg per day and then followed up with bloodwork to see how I responded. He explained that the Gonal F will reduce some of the negative effects of the clomid, with regard to mucus.
I purchased a diagnostic package for $700. IUI's were just over $400 and IVF depends upon many factor. We have not yet moved forward with IVF.
2012 - 2017
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
$403 for interuterian insemination [at Reproductive Care Center]...ivf...a program is offer for a four cycle money back guarantee costing around $20,000...Sometimes scheduling can be an issue if from out of state. The billing team is good, but also make sure you know your own benefits...We were scheduled for an appointment with Dr. Blauer in the Sandy office when he was in fact out of town. The doctor corrected the situation though.
2012 - 2017
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He really took time to listen to us. At our first appointment a scheduling mistake was made. We live 3 hours away from the clinic, and instead of making us reschedule he did the consult through FaceTime at no charge.
Very nice and helpful, but sometimes hard to get a hold of by phone.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He has a very good bedside manner . He doesn't try to make you feel rushed during the visit. Gives all the options and gives hope that they could work. He performed the surgery for my uterine fibroids. We were given hope that we would be able to get pregnant. He is fairly conservative in that he hasn't tried to rush us into invitrofertiization even though I have had a uterine fibroid and we have male factor issues also.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and have some prepared when you go.
Hysteroscopy to remove uterian fibroids and polyps. 3 you. Femara 5mg on cycle days 3-7. The rational was that once the fibroid was removed we may be able to get pregnant. So far not successful.
$403 for interuterian insemination. Office visit is a specialist copay. We have done ivf but a program is offer for a four cycle money back guarantee costing around $20,000.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
All the nurses [at Reproductive Care Center] are great they all care and want to help. And are quick to return your calls.... I wish they were open on weekends in the Clearfield office. Their front desk staff is great and their billing coordinator is easy to work with.... Well I have unexplained infertility and recurrent miscarriage. Dr. Gililland has exhausted every Avenue possible to figure out why I keep miscarriage. Unfortunately all those tests have not given us any answers. I have been on femara and injectables and have done 1 iui which resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Out next step is ivf with genetic testing of the embryos.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Dr.Gilliand is amazing! He is definitely involved with your situation and genuinely cares. He makes every effort to figure out what is going on and how to help you.
All the nurses are great they all care and want to help. And are quick to return your calls.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
My experience with Dr.Gililland has been great. He is genuine and cares about you and wants to figure out the problem. He is very professional and compassionate. With my 4th miscarriage in a row in under a year and a half, Dr. Gilliland took the time and got me in immediately to confirm the miscarriage and discuss the next step. He was genuinely upset that I had miscarried and wanted to help and comfort me.
To go see him ASAP. He is the best and wants to make a difference and help you get your forever family.
I don't know off hand.
Clearfield
100% completely satisfied, I was always greeted with a smile and taking back in a timely manner [at RRC-Sandy]. The financial part was done smoothly and emails were sent as well as appointment confirmations. The environment was welcoming, it felt like home... Nursing staff was overall pretty good, I felt that their compassion lacked a little bit. And their organizational skills was a little bit weak as it would sometimes take me awhile to get responses to emails and or phone calls
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
100% completely satisfied, I was always greeted with a smile and taking back in a timely manner. The financial part was done smoothly and emails were sent as well as appointment confirmations. The environment was welcoming, it felt like home
He was very down-to-earth, likable, professional, knowledgeable, and you could tell he cared about our situation.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Doctor swelstad was an amazing doctor, we have no complaints and we have a beautiful set of twin girls because of him. He was down to earth, didn't judge us, and we felt very respected. He was patient, calm, I would highly recommend him to anybody needing any infertility treatments. If I could do it again I would go to him.
Be open and honest
I just remembered doctor swelstad being so respectful when we found out that we had to do ICSI. He was honest with us and open and respectful of our financial situation. When it came to medications he didn't over-prescribed but he also was honest about making sure we had enough medication to begin with to eliminate any stressors throughout the IVF cycle.
Overall I think we spent about $14,000 that included the IVF cycle, and medications
Sandy
There was one nurse [at RRC-Clearfield] who was awesome and always showed compassion. I always felt well-cared for and listened to. There was another nurse (not sure of her name) that didn’t want to come in on a weekend to do an iui, so she just told me that the IUI’s don’t work well anyway (small chance of effectiveness). It was very disheartening.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Their secretary was so so great! I always felt she had amazing compassion! I think the overall course of the treatment depends on the physician employed at the location. I don’t think the physician I saw works at that location anymore.
There was one nurse who was awesome and always showed compassion. I always felt well-cared for and listened to. There was another nurse (not sure of her name) that didn’t want to come in on a weekend to do an iui, so she just told me that the IUI’s don’t work well anyway (small chance of effectiveness). It was very disheartening.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very kind. I just felt like I was a number, in that he didn’t remember certain things about my previous treatments/appointments. He tried a few different treatments and none worked, and encouraged to try IVF when I felt ready. I just felt like there was other things he could have tried/could’ve dug a little deeper.
Push for further investigation in your diagnosis.
Femara treatment for several cycles along with IUIs - I had unexplained infertility, so there was no rationale for trying these treatments-just kind of a shot in the dark. No results came of these treatments/cycles. He also did an HSG to try to further diagnose.
IUI for the first time was $500ish-which included a sperm test. IUI $350 ish Any ultrasounds $200
2010 - 2012
Everything is in one spot [at RCC-Sandy] which is convenient and nice but also limits the ability to be flexible in timing. You have to fit your cycle into the doctors schedule which can be tricky and restrictive. The facility is nice and the staff is welcoming and and thorough with billing.... I don't remember protocol but I used a hcg triggereven though I was at high risk for hyperstimulation which would have warranted a lupron trigger. I was also never put on cabergaline after retrieval to prevent hyperstim as well. I ended up hyperstimulating and having to freeze all embryos unexpectedly.
2010 - 2012
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Everything is in one spot which is convenient and nice but also limits the ability to be flexible in timing. You have to fit your cycle into the doctors schedule which can be tricky and restrictive. The facility is nice and the staff is welcoming and and thorough with billing.
I always communicated with the same nurse and doctor for results and questions. They were really responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
Really kind and aware and thorough
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He was really nice and communicated great answering questions and explaining treatment. In retrospect I don't feel that he anticipated problems I would have in my cycle that were easily correctable in subsequent cycles. The stim protocol he had me on was not ideal for my body and that contributed to the yield of live pregnancies I got per embryos produced (1/6). I was The one who had to be proactive about what protocol to change during frozen cycles to figure out how to get a pregnancy to stick.
Be persistent and do lots of research.
I had insurance that covered it completely so didn't have to deal a lot with finances.
Endometriosis, PCOS
They [Reproductive Care Center] know exactly what they are doing. They have a ton of information available to me about infertility. They are the best of the best. There office is clean and inviting. They make it seem like somewhere you want to stay.... [Cost Of Treatment] It seemed very reasonable. He accepts most insurance. The staff is always willing to call and talk to insurance without me having to do anything.... They are amazing, wonderful people.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They know exactly what they are doing. They have a ton of information available to me about infertility. They are the best of the best. There office is clean and inviting. They make it seem like somewhere you want to stay.
He is always so sweet and kind when I have an appointment with him. He seems to really care about me and my situation.
They are amazing, wonderful people. They have never treated me unkindly or anything. Best nurses ever!!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very kind and considerate of my situation. He has always treated me as a person just not a number. He is very knowledgeable about infertility and women’s health. He is very friendly. He understands my feelings and my husbands feelings as well.
Just trust his process. He knows exactly what he is doing.
He always wants me to have ultrasounds and blood work to make sure my body is doing what it is suppose to be doing. After every appointment I am able to ask him questions that I have or concerns and he will stay and answer every single one of them.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
I don’t have any complaints [with Reproductive Care Center]. They were great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone. The staff was so kind and organized and I enjoyed coming to see them. They always had their ducks in a row and were very prompt with their times. I rarely ever had to wait more than a couple minutes to be seen...They [nurses] are AMAZING!! Everyone feels like family there
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I don’t have any complaints. They were great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone. The staff was so kind and organized and I enjoyed coming to see them. They always had their ducks in a row and were very prompt with their times. I rarely ever had to wait more than a couple minutes to be seen
He was the best doctor ever. He made you feel like you were special and not just another patient. He genuinely cares about you and your success with infertility.
They are AMAZING!! Everyone feels like family there
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very informative with everything. He met with my husband and I multiple times and made sure we received the best treatment as possible. He always greeted me with a hug and made sure I was doing well and I was responding to all procedures as expected. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!
Go in with questions because he will answer anything you have.
With each cycle, he adjusted my dosage amounts to better each round from the time before. I used only Gonal-f the first go round and I miscarried. The next round he added Menopur with Gonal-f and we were able to get better results with that.
Clearfield
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] was great. It was nice to get blood work done at any of their locations since my doctor was 40 minutes from home and their second location where I got blood work done was 5 minutes away from home.... Rachel was always checking in to see if I needed anything. She was compassionate about my situation and feelings.... I know each doctors has steps they would like to take during the process, but I felt like he just was hustling me to the next step instead of asking what I wanted to do.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic was great. It was nice to get blood work done at any of their locations since my doctor was 40 minutes from home and their second location where I got blood work done was 5 minutes away from home.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He has been in the industry for a very long time and is very knowledgable, however because he's been doing this so long he can sometimes come across as having a "been there, seen that" personality. You feel like another person he's putting through the same process. He does do a good job at explaining things in non-medical terms so you understand what is going on.
He is great, just let him know what pace you want to go at. Make sure you speak your opinions, thoughts and questions.
I don't remember. It all just felt like the same process as everyone else.
I cannot remember.
Sandy
[Reproductive Care Center had a] Very user friendly online portal that displays all of your diagnosis information and lab results online to help keep track. Reception staff very great at helping you determine which procedures to schedule and when. Nurse team very great at explaining details of treatment plan...All the nurses were very helpful in teaching us all about our medications and the procedures we were doing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He made us feel included and let our treatment be self driven
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
He was compassionate and did not make us feel judged by other health conditions we were not excited to share. He was very detailed in his approach and plan of treatment and was excited for us when we responded so well to fertility injections and let us take videos of our first ultrasound where we heard our babies heartbeats.
Be very detailed in your reproductive history so he knows how aggressive you want to be with treatment.
Clomid Letrozole Gonal f Fsh hormone Trigger Hcg shot Baseline ultrasound Iui Twin pregnancy
For everything atthe clinic we were billed about $3790 then we paid $600 on medications
Sandy
We did IVF [at Reproductive Care Center]...the nurses wrote out a protocol for me. Step by step of what I need to do and each day...The nurses were hard to get a hold of. When you call the nurses line no one ever answered. I would leave a message and they would call me back later that night or the next day. Everyone is very compassionate and really wanted it to work out of me...They were great. They could answer all my questions when I would call in on the phone. They were very educated and knew what they were talking about.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He treated me as a human. He really want this to work out for me.
They were great. They could answer all my questions when I would call in on the phone. They were very educated and knew what they were talking about. It did take them a while to call me back when I did call in and leave a message.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He did a great job! He took his time to answer all my questions and concerns. He really wanted this to work out for me. He cared for me and didn't just treat me like a number. He could get me in to see him at the last minute when things would come up.
Don't get your hopes up! They do their best but they can only do so much.
Don't know exactly what the question is.. We did IVF with him and the nurses wrote out a protocol for me. Step by step of what I need to do and each day.
Too much! Not sure on price.
He suggested we transfer one embryo especially the first transfer. I should have taken his advice. But we were really hoping for twins.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff [RRC- PG] didn't know what they were doing. They were very rude, demanding, and constantly scheduled the wrong day for me....Strengths; scheduling! They're usually available. Weaknesses; very unorganized, drastically varying treatments and opinions from each doctor....They also weren't very familiar with fertility treatments in general. I had an excellent experience with the sandy gals, though!... Free consult (which was awesome) because a friend referred me.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He was very compassionate, sweet, and great to work with!
The nursing staff (at PG) didn't know what they were doing. Their answer was always to "call the sandy office." I requested that they bill me and they said they are unable to bill. Period. They also weren't very familiar with fertility treatments in general. I had an excellent experience with the sandy gals, though!
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gililland is very compassionate, and caring. He takes great care of his patients. He always explains the potential outcomes, and risks, which is greatly appreciated! I also was very impressed with him because he performed a surgery on me and mentioned every scenario, which most doctors don't do!
He doesn't necessarily listen to what you want - he just tells you what you need.
1. HSG 2. Tubes were blocked 3. Laparoscopy. Lasered endometriosis and opened tubes.
Free consult (which was awesome) because a friend referred me. $250 HSG. Pricey bloodwork.
Pleasant Grove
Barb [nurse at Reproductive Care Center] was great! She was always very caring and easy to talk to. She thoroughly explained everything we needed to know regarding meds and appointments. She always returned all phone calls in a timely manner...They always worked around my schedule as I had a long drive to get there...I felt the clinic was very good at communication. They always either answered the phone or returned a phone call within a couple of hours. I always felt cared for...The clinic and staff always knew us by name and greeted us warmly during both office visits and phone calls. They also always called to check in on us during and after each cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Barb was great! She was always very caring and easy to talk to. She thoroughly explained everything we needed to know regarding meds and appointments. She always returned all phone calls in a timely manner.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Gilliland is very compassionate and caring. He always goes out of his way to make sure you feel comfortable and know exactly what your course of action will be. He called to check in on us every couple of days for a few weeks after our failed IVF cycle and genuinely cared about helping us reach our goals.
He is a bit touchy, don't be discouraged by this it is just his way of showing compassion.
They always worked around my schedule as I had a long drive to get there. Appointments work quit but thorough.
Clearfield
They [Reproductive Care Center-Clearfield] are so caring and really want to help you! They look and run all tests then evaluate. They give you all the options. Then they work together as a team to adjust and revise your treatments depending on how its going.... We did the 4 fresh cycle option. You can try up to 4 fresh until you get pregnant. We got pregnant the first try.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are so caring and really want to help you! They look and run all tests then evaluate. They give you all the options. Then they work together as a team to adjust and revise your treatments depending on how its going.
He really cared and updated my treatment each day and last minute to do the best for me
I just loved all of them! I saw many nurses at the clearfield and sandy locations and they were all so happy for me when we got our twins
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
He was amazing added something to my rotine last minute that really mad a difference . He also was very understanding and went over all options. He added hgh last minute and tgen helped track it down for me to start the next day. He was very nice and friendly anf thorough.
Had tests ran & found no problems do proceeded with invitro. I did shots each day and also they added in hgh and I produced 13 eggs. I also did acupuncture with it. Had the retrieval and did icsi and two eggs made it to day five. Had the transfer and had acupuncture before and after the transfer that day. I tested high and was pregnant with twins. Did progesterone cream the first few months.
They asked if i wanted to transfer 2 since we had been 14 years of trying and then said we might get twins . We said that would be great!
2013 - 2016
Anovulation, Unexplained
I loved the staff and doctor [at Reproductive Care Center] so much! My nurses were so loving. They emailed me, called me to check up on me and I truly felt like they all loved me and were cheering for me...They had a dedicated room to reviewing print out and instructions before and after each treatment or procedure with the nurses. They emailed me talked with me and were always available when needed
2013 - 2016
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I loved the clinic. It was a longer drive for us but was worth it. It is a calm and comforting atmosphere and everything is fine in house so I liked that everything was all in on place. I think everything they did was a strengrh.
I loved the staff and doctor so much! My nurses were so loving. They emailed me, called me to check up on me and I truly felt like they all loved me and were cheering for me
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
There were fantastic! They had a dedicated room to reviewing print out and instructions before and after each treatment or procedure with the nurses. They emailed me talked with me and were always available when needed
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I loved him. He was extremely realistic and practical yet encouraging and hopeful. He was positive and involved. He was at every appointment and even came in on a weekend when he wasn’t assigned to be on call to do my transfer. He was genuine and kind and loving. Him and his clinic helped provide us different plans and financial plans to help us achieve getting pregnant
Go to him he will take good care of you!
We started with IUIs. After 5 failed we went to IVF.
I don’t remember. They did provide us with a small discount based on our income at the time and helped us get discounts on our medication
Sandy
I really liked this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] it was always really nice and clean and well kept! Everyone was always nice and friendly... She [a nurse] was always available to talk when I needed her to answer a question toward the end she even gave me her phone number so I could keep in contact more easily... The costs for my medications and injections was about $3,500 we had to ha icsi so that was another $1,500 and then for all the rest it was about $8,500
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I really liked this clinic it was always really nice and clean and well kept! Everyone was always nice and friendly
He treated us very well and cared about our concerns and wishes
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Janet)
She was always available to talk when I needed her to answer a question toward the end she even gave me her phone number so I could keep in contact more easily
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
We loved having Keith Blauer as our doctor! He always listened to our concerns and our wishes! I believe he tried his best to get us what we were hoping for! He helped bring our little boy into the world and we are so grateful for him and his help!
Just be open and honest with your how your feeling and communicate that with your doctor
I don't remember what protocol we used I just had to start injections about 2 weeks before my egg retrieval. He was able to retrieve 6 eggs. 4 of those turned into embryos but only 2 matured. We put those two in and resulted in one live birth
Sandy
Dr. Hatasaka [of Reproductive Care Center] is the best. I waited a year before deciding on a doctor because I was so scared of getting a bad doctor. I'm very grateful for the recommendation I received to call him....After we did a lot of tests, he knew I had PCOS and started me on letrozole. I still didn't ovulate so he gave me a trigger shot after checking everything with a vaginal ultrasound. Next month, he added dexamethasone and doubled the letrozole. I finally ovulated. Tried this 3 more times and am revising our plan tomorrow.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Clean, professional, and understanding.
Explained every detail and listened to all of my worries. Spent time with us without being in a hurry to get to the next patient.
Always call back. Even on Saturdays. Very understanding and kind.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Hatasaka is the best. I waited a year before deciding on a doctor because I was so scared of getting a bad doctor. I'm very grateful for the recommendation I received to call him.
Be prepared. Eat healthy, exercise, and do what you can before going in, so you can jump in with both feet with what he can offer. Otherwise, you'll end up doing that anyway and paying for the advice.
My insurance covers nothing. They only charge me my copay anyway. I am astounded so far with their understanding.
Sandy
We loved working With RRC. When you walk in you can just feel the compassion the whole staff has. They are very focused on families. At times when Dr Blauer was unavailable and we saw a different doctor, they showed us the same amount of care and Dr Blauer... The costs were high but compatible to other clinics we looked at.... Janette was amazing! She explained everything perfectly and we always felt like she cared about us.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
He took our feelings into consideration when giving us any news, good or bad and never pressured us into any type of treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Janett Rossi)
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
We loved working with Dr Blauer and his nurses! He is very compassionate and knows what he is doing. Our one and only issue with him is he can be very soft spoken and hard to hear. But we were still able to communicate effectively despite this.
Listen and ask questions
The costs were high but compatible to other clinics we looked at.
Dr Blauer encouraged us to only transfer one embryo for the safety of myself and the baby. However we knew if we chose to transfer two he would not have made us feel negative about it. He truly cares about his patients
Sandy
I loved the clinic [Reproductive Care Center] and always felt valued and well cared for. The nurses were very nice and friendly and the facility was clean and accommodating...I loved Dr. Gililland. After almost 2 years of just going to my OBGYN for fertility help with no success, I went to Dr. Gililland and was pregnant within the 1st round of treatments....He was so kind an empathetic. He never made me feel rushed or unimportant
He was so kind an empathetic. He never made me feel rushed or unimportant.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center?
I loved Dr. Gililland. After almost 2 years of just going to my OBGYN for fertility help with no success, I went to Dr. Gililland and was pregnant within the 1st round of treatments. I loved the clinic and always felt valued and well cared for. The nurses were very nice and friendly and the facility was clean and accommodating. Dr. Gililland made me feel like I've known him forever. He was very personable.
Ask as many questions as you can. Be specific about your goals and be open with your doctor when discussing a game plan. Be patient and don't be too hard on yourself if things don't work out the exact way you planned.
Birth control for one month to naturally get rid of a cyst on my ovary. Injections to stimulate the ovaries as well as femara. I did a trigger shot on day 13 I believe and then came into the office on day 14 to have the IUI done.
Clearfield
Sometimes you had to wait a long time to get in to see the doctor even when you have an appointment. They [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] offer discounted cycle upgrades and different times during the cycle. They are friendly and personable.... They always called as soon as they got blood work results. Returned any phone calls promptly.... Medications $2100-3500 ICSI $1900/cycle About $17000 for 2 cycles
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Sometimes you had to wait a long time to get in to see the doctor even when you have an appointment. They offer discounted cycle upgrades and different times during the cycle. They are friendly and personable.
He remembered our names, talked about our jobs, and our hobbies.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Strengths: knowledgeable in the treatment needed. Friendly and compassionate. During my first cycle I found out that the embryo attached in the wrong place and my body wouldn’t miscarry it. Dr. Swelstad was very concerned and took good care of me making sure that everything went well. Weakness: sometimes too chatty. Always mentioned the possibility of needing a sperm donor which we were against.
When it came to medication dosage it changed day by day depending on how the body reacted.
Medications $2100-3500 ICSI $1900/cycle About $17000 for 2 cycles
Clearfield
more expensive than other clinics. they [RRC - Sandy] do offer nice giveaways on facebook to patients. my initial experience was good. However everything that followed was like pulling teeth, trying to get calls back about studies they said i might qualify for, or what my guarenteed refund cost might be took over 4 months...At first they were very responsive... but then I couldn't get anyone on the phone and had to resort to sending an email through the website to get an answer
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
more expensive than other clinics. they do offer nice giveaways on facebook to patients. my initial experience was good. However everything that followed was like pulling teeth, trying to get calls back about studies they said i might qualify for, or what my guarenteed refund cost might be took over 4 months.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center?
he was very attentive and listened to my concerns. my issues came after i left his office. I came back for testing and never saw him beyond the initial consult. it was like once I left that consult I didn't exist anymore..
my insurance covered all initial testing,
1 IUI, IVF
I feel like the office [at Reproductive Care Center] is disorganized. I had dropped off several test results at the front desk per dr request which never made it to him...I had blood work done and they said they would call with the results in Friday. The did not. I called and left s voicemail the next week and did not get a call back. I called the next week and left a voicemail and then got called back with the results.
1 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I feel like the office is disorganized. I had dropped off several test results at the front desk per dr request which never made it to him...I had blood work done and they said they would call with the results in Friday. The did not. I called and left s voicemail the next week and did not get a call back. I called the next week and left a voicemail and then got called back with the results.
Did not remember details of case and gave contradictory info
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner was nice but did not remember me from apt to apt nor my information. I found out I was having difficulty by chance by a test we asked for rather then a test he suggested or felt like was important.
2010 - 2011
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic was very busy and sometimes we had to call to get more info instead of them calling us...Infertility is expensive I wish they made it less about money and more about helping you achieve pregnancy...He [Dr. James Heiner] seems to know what he was doing. I wish he would have changed our treatment when the previous ivf's didn't work. I like that he is very honest and blunt, some may have an issue with how blunt he is but my husband and I really appreciate the truth and honesty...
2010 - 2011
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He seems to know what he was doing. I wish he would have changed our treatment when the previous ivf's didn't work. I like that he is very honest and blunt, some may have an issue with how blunt he is but my husband and I really appreciate the truth and honesty.
Ask questions