Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
888-365-3436
TerreHaute
TerreHaute, IN 47807
888-365-3436
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care of Indiana to a friend?

1 doctor
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
We were greeted by the most amazing nurse, Jamie Walters, who had consulted with Dr. Henry and our Embryologist, Dr. Jaime Hogerty prior to our appointment [at Reproductive Care of Indiana]. They were knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly ... It takes several emails to get the information from the nurse. ... we were communicating via emails and she [nurse] said quite a few things that weren't pertinent to our situation, and it made me think that she wasn't truly paying attention. It concerned me and my husband.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
As we are newer to this clinic, and Embryo Transfer is slated for March 19th (18 days!!!), I cannot appropriately assess the clinic's strengths or weaknesses, because we haven't had too much experience with them yet.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
We recently switched from using Dr. William Gentry (we felt like a number there) to using Dr. Michael Henry. We were greeted by the most amazing nurse, Jamie Walters, who had consulted with Dr. Henry and our Embryologist, Dr. Jaime Hogerty prior to our appointment. They were knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly at the time of consultation in October 2018. We are slated for an Embryo Transfer on March 19th.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care of Indiana. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Walters)
Nurse Jamie Walters was extremely compassionate and caring during our first appointment with her and Dr. Henry. She was very organized and knowledgeable. In January, we were communicating via emails and she said quite a few things that weren't pertinent to our situation, and it made me think that she wasn't truly paying attention. It concerned me and my husband.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Dr. Henry is very intelligent. He collects information before answering questions. He does his homework and is very knowledgeable about his area of expertise. He may not answer questions in person immediately, but I like that because he thinks before he speaks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Be prepared with questions which you've done some homework on already.
Describe the protocols Michael Henry used in your cycles at Reproductive Care of Indiana and their degree of success.
Our first doctor had our first Gestational Surrogate on birth control pills, estrogen, Lupron, and injectable Progesterone. This time around, Dr. Henry has our second Gestational Surrogate on Endometrin and injectable Progesterone. He does not use Lupron.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana.
As our Gestational Surrogate's insurance doesn't kick in until after we're released to her regular OB/GYN, we have paid $500 in medical screening, and will have to pay $1,800 for the Embryo Transfer, $2,000 in medications for our Surrogate, and $1,000 for three ultrasounds/bloodwork.
Describe Michael Henry's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Our Embryologist suggested that there may be a possibility that egg quality and/or embryo quality is more fragile than normal. For this reason, she suggested at our second Embryo Transfer to thaw one Embryo, and if it didn't have A+ quality, then we would thaw the second Embryo and transfer both. However, our current Gestational Surrogate only agreed to one at a time.
Indianapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana.

Wait times [at Repro Care] for monitoring or treatments can be long. They take first come-first served so if you're not there early, it may be a while before you're seen. There's only one ultrasound machine and only two nurses so getting through half a dozen women there for monitoring first thing in the morning is a production. They are really good about communicating results and next steps as soon as possible...Everyone is always super nice and tries not to rush you.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Wait times for monitoring or treatments can be long. They take first come-first served so if you're not there early, it may be a while before you're seen. There's only one ultrasound machine and only two nurses so getting through half a dozen women there for monitoring first thing in the morning is a production. They are really good about communicating results and next steps as soon as possible.
Everyone is always super nice and tries not to rush you. They're obviously busy but they take the time to listen and answer your questions. They definitely get to know you after a while.
It can take some time for them to respond to phone calls. It may not be the same day you call if you don't have an urgent issue and it can be after 5 if you do. But they are incredible resources and can fill any holes in your understanding or answer any questions you have. They are kind and great at communicating when you do hear back from them. They are sometimes overly positive but I don't think that's necessarily a negative.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
He's got a sense of humor and is always "sure" the next thing will work. But is willing to dive into options if it doesn't. He listens and accepts feedback. He tends to give options for treatment and lets the patient pick rather than just saying "This is what we're doing next." He wants to make sure that you both understand and agree with treatment plans. My only criticism is that he doesn't seem to like to do tests that he sees as extra. Things that seem standard in other clinics (FSH, morph in SA, lining check in FET) aren't even suggested here.
Go with a list of questions and educate yourself about options before you get there. It can be overwhelming and he will make sure you understand your options, but he doesn't mention things that he doesn't feel are important.
First treatment cycle: 100mg Clomid CD 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger CD 12 + 100mg Prometrium CD 17-28. TI. Prometrium was used because I went in with a LPD. Second treatment cycle: 100mg Clomid CD 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger CD 12. TI. Prometrium not used because my LP was definitely lengthened with the Clomid and trigger. Tried another Clomid cycle but didn't get the correct response so no trigger. I only have one tube and that ovary got lazy. First IUI cycle: Femara CD 3-7 + 100mg Follistim CD 5-9 + Ovidrel trigger CD10. IUI CD 12. Didn't get a great response so decided to up the Follistim next time. Second IUI: Femara CD3-7 + 200mg Follistim CD3-9. IUI cancelled due to poor response on the correct side and too good of a response on the wrong side. Salvaging the cycle would've taken more expensive meds. Decided to switch to Clomid. Third IUI: 100mg Clomid CD3-7 + 100mg Follistim CD3-9. IUI cancelled for same reasons as last time. He still thinks we're good candidates for IVF.
Ultrasounds at the satellite clinic I went to (including Dr. Henry's fee) were about $200-250. Ultrasounds at the main office were closer to $200. IUI was about $600, I think, but didn't include blood and ultrasound costs. Doctor's consultations were about $230.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Strengths [at Reproductive Care of Indiana - Indianapolis]- compassion, knowledge, the way they explain procedures, dont feel rushed Weakness- only complaint I have had was when I couldn't get an answer for about 5 days. One nurse was on vacation so they were short staffed...nurses are absolutley amazing...They have gone above and beyond for me to succeed. I absolutley love them. Sometimes when they are really busy it's difficult to get answers fast. But they did just hire some extra help
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Strengths- compassion, knowledge, the way they explain procedures, dont feel rushed Weakness- only complaint I have had was when I couldn't get an answer for about 5 days. One nurse was on vacation so they were short staffed.
His office support staff treats you more like a human than he does. His nurses are absolutley amazing.
They have gone above and beyond for me to succeed. I absolutley love them. Sometimes when they are really busy it's difficult to get answers fast. But they did just hire some extra help.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
I just had a miscarriage after my last IUI and he was very compassionate about it. He let me know exactly what to expect and what to expect next. Sometimes it's hard to get answers answered as fast as you want if you send them through email. He is very good at explaining everything you will need to go through. He does very well about spending as much time as you need answering questions at visits. I have never felt rushed.
Dont let him push you to IVF before you are ready.
Tried clomid both 100mg and 150mg and my ovaries didnt respond. Tried femara 7.5mg and no response. Tried femara x 5 days and follistim 75 IU x 7 days. Added extra follistim and finally got ovulation. Trigger shot and IUI. We did get pregnant and had a miscarriage at 5+5weeks.
You get 10% off if you pay cash. Non cash- ultrasound- $270 IUI- $400
I have not done embryo transfers but for me he says I can choose between 1 or 2 embryos at one time.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Everyone [at Reproductive Care of IN] is inviting and caring. Didn’t feel like your usual doctor’s office. I felt very comfortable with being open about what has happened and what our goals are to become parents. All the staff are excellent at communicating with you as a patient... [The nurses are] Easy to communicate with. Gave me their emails and I am able to communicate with them through that. Always caring when I’m at the office and explain everything in detail for me.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Everyone is inviting and caring. Didn’t feel like your usual doctor’s office. I felt very comfortable with being open about what has happened and what our goals are to become parents. All the staff are excellent at communicating with you as a patient.
He takes time with you and explains every detail before he steps out of that room.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
He has been very open to us and has had high hopes that he will get us pregnant. I’ve never seen any doubt in him. Always encouraging and lays out the facts. Understands our financial situation and keeps that in mind when going through treatments.
Be completely open & ask questions
At this time we are at highest dosage of clomid possible to get me to ovulate. He thinks that this will help and we will be able to go forward with an IUI from here. Before we tried femara, which did nothing and then we tried clomid at 100mg which did nothing as well. So one more go with the clomid before we start thinking about shots or IVF.
Insurance has covered office visits with Dr. Henry. Ultrasounds are $290 total. The HSG test was $2500 which was not covered by insurance.

2013 - 2018
The staff [at Reproductive Care of IN] is beyond amazing and supportive. Dr Henry personally speaks to you every appointment so you get the next information as quickly as he processes or not waiting for a call a few hours later or even the next day like some doctors. You have choice in the matter and they always try to do less invasive things first before jumping straight into a more painful or expensive thing. I love that they have several satellite offices to help a wider spand of families.
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
The staff is beyond amazing and supportive. Dr Henry personally speaks to you every appointment so you get the next information as quickly as he processes or not waiting for a call a few hours later or even the next day like some doctors. You have choice in the matter and they always try to do less invasive things first before jumping straight into a more painful or expensive thing. I love that they have several satellite offices to help a wider spand of families.
Very warm staff. Everyone takes time to explain their part in your journey with them and very supportive of your situation what ever it might be
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care of Indiana. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Jenny is great! She made me feel so comfortable during my times in the office. She explained things as we went and then when a cycle had to be canceled she was there as a support to me.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Dr Henry was the first to tell me that I have PCOS. He took the time to explain it and what issues we might face. He allowed me to have what control was actually possible for the whole process and instead of just instructions it was always a conversation. He makes you feel extremely comfortable and cared for.
To give all your trust to him. He knows what he is doing and he does have your best interest
We started with pills then moved to a pill and injection with times intercourse. It allowed us to try as naturally as possible with help of course
Indianapolis
Weakness [at Reproductive Care of Indiana]: Wait times Strengths: Multiple offices around the state that Dr Henry travels to. Nurse Jamie & Nurse Jenni are compassionate, caring, & all around amazing! Dr Henry is to the point, but truly listens & has a great bedside manner. He will find the perfect protocol & fine tune it to each patient...You can always email or call them [nurses] with any questions or concerns & they respond with in an hour or so. They are always compassionate & caring when things are not going well & are the first to celebrate when it's going great!
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Weakness: Wait times Strengths: Multiple offices around the state that Dr Henry travels to. Nurse Jamie & Nurse Jenni are compassionate, caring, & all around amazing! Dr Henry is to the point, but truly listens & has a great bedside manner. He will find the perfect protocol & fine tune it to each patient.
I have access to email the nursing staff at any & all times & have always received prompt response. Dr Henry calls after any surgery to check up & give recommendations on the next steps. He is always open for different options & protocol & really listens to me as a patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care of Indiana. (Assigned nurse: Jamie & Jenni)
Jamie & Jenni are the best! You can always email or call them with any questions or concerns & they respond with in an hour or so. They are always compassionate & caring when things are not going well & are the first to celebrate when it's going great!
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
I switched clinics after a miscarriage & completed a lot of research before picking Dr Henry as my new Dr. During my first consult, he took the time to truly listen to my & my husbands fertility issues. He had taken the time to look over my 2 inch thick chart from my previous clinic & had a game plan in mind. When a protocol isn't working, he does his research & will find a better one.
Be prepared to wait & stay a little later than your expected appointment time. Dr Henry spends a lot of time with his patients and usually goes over his times, but that's what makes him great!
Indianapolis

Jeni [Nurse- Reproductive Care of Indiana] was great to work with. I had a great relationship with her and she was caring and compassionate.... I had a uterine septum that was not disclosed to me even after a d&c... Have to wait a long time for appointments Dr. not willing to listen to patients requests Dr. not willing to treat underlying conditions prior to recommending fertility meds Good communication primarily by email
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
I feel that he preferred to increase my fertility meds vs great underlying conditions. I always had to sit in the waiting room for long periods before he was able to see me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care of Indiana. (Assigned nurse: Jeni)
Jeni was great to work with. I had a great relationship with her and she was caring and compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
In my experience, I didn’t feel like I was being heard as a patient. I switched to another Dr. who found a number of treatable underlying issues that Dr. Henry ignored. I asked for different lab tests multiple times and was disregarded without explanation.
If you truly have unexplained infertility with no symptoms pointing to potential obstacles you may be ok seeing him. However, if you feel that you may have an underlying medical condition causing your infertility I would not recommend. Instead of recommending surgery and medication to treat my conditions, he pushed fertility meds and I ended up miscarrying, likely due to my issues not being treated.
2 rounds of timed intercourse, 50mg of clomid and ovidrel IUI 100mg clomid and ovidrel
IUI $400

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Dr. Henry's nursing staff [at Reproductive Care of Indiana] is exceptional at making you feel like a person. They always know what is going on in your treatment. Dr. Henry, while very nice, tends to be rather unaware about your treatment or medical problems during appointments and after hours phone calls...Nursing staff and billing are always very easy to deal with. Since moving to a new location in 2016, there seems to be an issue with messages being returned in a timely manner.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Dr. Henry's nursing staff is exceptional at making you feel like a person. They always know what is going on in your treatment. Dr. Henry, while very nice, tends to be rather unaware about your treatment or medical problems during appointments and after hours phone calls.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care of Indiana. (Assigned nurse: Jeni and Jamie)
Jamie and Jeni are both very patient and informative. They take the time needed to answer any and all questions. Both are nurturing and really care about the patients as people and not just someone undergoing treatment.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Dr. Henry is very pleasant and knowledgeable. He always has a plan, but it sometimes takes him a little bit to work it out. He often thinks of treatment plans in front of you, which can be disconcerting. His personality is a bit dry, but overall he is personable and good to work with.
Don't let his personality quirks impact your opinion of him as a professional. While he may be quiet during an appointment, he is often thinking.
3 timed intercourse cycles of femara with ovidrel 1 timed intercourse cycle with femara, follistim, ovidrel, and progesterone
Cash payment for ultrasounds was around $200
Indianapolis

They [Reproductive Care of Indiana] are easy to work with in terms of getting in for appointments and ultrasounds. I haven't started the IVF process but am hopeful they are just as easy to communicate with. I do wish that they had a couple locations that they partnered with closer to other cities in Indiana to reduce the amount of travel time associated with such frequent visits for routine things like ultrasounds and bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
They are easy to work with in terms of getting in for appointments and ultrasounds. I haven't started the IVF process but am hopeful they are just as easy to communicate with. I do wish that they had a couple locations that they partnered with closer to other cities in Indiana to reduce the amount of travel time associated with such frequent visits for routine things like ultrasounds and bloodwork.
The nursing staff have been very helpful, kind and knowledgeable during this process.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Dr. Henry seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor with a lot of experience. He is very kind and supportive although I do feel that appointments with him are a little rushed and somewhat unorganized. Overall, I have been happy and am excited to continue my fertility journey with him.
Make sure to bring a list of all questions and write down all the answers
Dr. Henry decided to add Follistim in addition to Femera to try to increase my number of mature eggs. Unfortunately, I produced too many eggs and the IUI cycle had to be canceled.
Dr. Henry recommended transferring 2 embryos to give the best odds of pregnancy
Indianapolis

It takes awhile for the nurse [at Reproductive Care of Indiana] to get back to you. Sometimes if you call and leave a voice mail, they email back...$207/iui...Even though there are multiple locations, you still have to go to the Indy location for iuis. The office is only open saturday opening and closed Sunday, so if you ovulate on the weekend you may have to wait until Monday...He [Dr. Michael Henry] wanted to do medicated iui’s, but he was completely fine when I wanted to do natural cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
He takes the time to listen to your concerns, but he is very matter of fact in stating fertility options and attaches prices to everything. It feels a bit like buying a car.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care of Indiana. (Assigned nurse: Jenny and Jamie )
It takes awhile for the nurses to get back to you. Sometimes if you call and leave a voice mail, they email back.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
He takes good notes and explains things clearly so you can follow. I had a follow up appointment just to go over the same information, and he explained it again. He is not a conversationalist and just gets to the point, which I appreciate.
Expect to get answers in a crisp, concise manner that is not sugar coated.
He wanted to do medicated iui’s, but he was completely fine when I wanted to do natural cycles. So far neither have produced a pregnancy.
$207/iui

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Jamie and Jeni [Reproductive Care of Indiana] are honestly the best nurses during this process and will take great care of you. If you have questions about anything at all, do not hesitate to ask them because they will always be available for an answer.... Trust that he [Dr. Henry] is looking out for your best interest. He will sometimes talk to himself when trying to think outloud or figure out what his next step is. Make sure you listen because you can learn a lot from him.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Jamie and Jeni are honestly the best nurses during this process and will take great care of you. If you have questions about anything at all, do not hesitate to ask them because they will always be available for an answer.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Always informative of what needed to happen next and the different options to try and get there. Always seemed certain of what is the next best thing to do when there are options. As an infertility patient, it's frustrating to not know why something doesn't work, but Dr. Henry helps in explaining things the best way he knows how, with different possibilities.
Trust that he is looking out for your best interest. He will sometimes talk to himself when trying to think outloud or figure out what his next step is. Make sure you listen because you can learn a lot from him.
TerreHaute

2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Both Dr. Henry and his nurse [at Reproductive Care of Indiana] are kind and thoughtful. He is blunt but kind. While I was not successful I at least know now what other options are still available and I may go back to try again.
2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Both Dr. Henry and his nurse are kind and thoughtful. He is blunt but kind. While I was not successful I at least know now what other options are still available and I may go back to try again.