Genetic counseling is not offered

1429 North 6th St
Terre Haute, IN 47807
888-365-3436

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Henry] Just wasn’t thorough as far as explaining what was going on, the bigger picture, or what or what to expect, he didn’t explain test results or why we were doing or not doing certain things. One day he threw out that I “may not be ovulating” but never explained why that was so or how he knew that information. I asked questions after an HSG and they were brushed off as if The info was necessary for me to know or worry about
Things may have changed but I still stand by when I say you will probably be most successful at this clinic [Reproductive Care of Indiana] if you already have a good source of knowledge about your own infertility issues and just need the treatment....I do think they have a compassionate staff for as far as I got....Well organized, compassionate, liked the fact that he had a diverse staff, only con was lack of ever being able to get someone on the actual phone
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Just wasn’t thorough as far as explaining what was going on, the bigger picture, or what or what to expect, he didn’t explain test results or why we were doing or not doing certain things. One day he threw out that I “may not be ovulating” but never explained why that was so or how he knew that information. I asked questions after an HSG and they were brushed off as if The info was necessary for me to know or worry about...
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Go in an expert knowing everything about your body and just needing the actual treatment and you may be good!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Didn’t feel like a number, had normal bedside manner
Describe the protocols Michael Henry used in your cycles at Reproductive Care of Indiana and their degree of success.
I did not get past testing, I do believe the testing was thorough but because it was my first introduction to fertility treatment, years later after all my research I realize just how much information was left out...we just went through standard initial fertility testing including bloodwork, hsg and then the rest of the treatment was too expensive to continue, we had male factor infertility as well so we could not proceed with an IUI. My husband was sent to a urologist.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Things may have changed but I still stand by when I say you will probably be most successful at this clinic if you already have a good source of knowledge about your own infertility issues and just need the treatment. He will not go into details or explanations about things, almost brushing off any normal questions and just wanting you to follow the treatment plan. I do think they have a compassionate staff for as far as I got.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana.
I cannot speak to cost outside of preliminary fertility treatment up to having uterine septum surgery, but my insurance did not cover anything so it was all expensive, my surgery was done at the beltway surgery center was about 4k altogether
Describe Michael Henry's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care of Indiana.
Indianapolis

In my experience, I didn’t feel like I was being heard as a patient. I switched to another Dr. who found a number of treatable underlying issues that Dr. Henry ignored. I asked for different lab tests multiple times and was disregarded without explanation.... I feel that he preferred to increase my fertility meds vs great underlying conditions. I always had to sit in the waiting room for long periods before he was able to see me.
Jeni [Nurse- Reproductive Care of Indiana] was great to work with. I had a great relationship with her and she was caring and compassionate.... I had a uterine septum that was not disclosed to me even after a d&c... Have to wait a long time for appointments Dr. not willing to listen to patients requests Dr. not willing to treat underlying conditions prior to recommending fertility meds Good communication primarily by email
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
If you truly have unexplained infertility with no symptoms pointing to potential obstacles you may be ok seeing him. However, if you feel that you may have an underlying medical condition causing your infertility I would not recommend. Instead of recommending surgery and medication to treat my conditions, he pushed fertility meds and I ended up miscarrying, likely due to my issues not being treated.
2 rounds of timed intercourse, 50mg of clomid and ovidrel IUI 100mg clomid and ovidrel
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care of Indiana. (Assigned nurse: Jeni)
Jeni was great to work with. I had a great relationship with her and she was caring and compassionate.
IUI $400
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care of Indiana.
I had a uterine septum that was not disclosed to me even after a d&c

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Henry is very pleasant and knowledgeable. He always has a plan, but it sometimes takes him a little bit to work it out. He often thinks of treatment plans in front of you, which can be disconcerting. His personality is a bit dry, but overall he is personable and good to work with.
Dr. Henry's nursing staff [at Reproductive Care of Indiana] is exceptional at making you feel like a person. They always know what is going on in your treatment. Dr. Henry, while very nice, tends to be rather unaware about your treatment or medical problems during appointments and after hours phone calls...Nursing staff and billing are always very easy to deal with. Since moving to a new location in 2016, there seems to be an issue with messages being returned in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Michael Henry at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Don't let his personality quirks impact your opinion of him as a professional. While he may be quiet during an appointment, he is often thinking.
Dr. Henry's nursing staff is exceptional at making you feel like a person. They always know what is going on in your treatment. Dr. Henry, while very nice, tends to be rather unaware about your treatment or medical problems during appointments and after hours phone calls.
3 timed intercourse cycles of femara with ovidrel 1 timed intercourse cycle with femara, follistim, ovidrel, and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care of Indiana. (Assigned nurse: Jeni and Jamie)
Jamie and Jeni are both very patient and informative. They take the time needed to answer any and all questions. Both are nurturing and really care about the patients as people and not just someone undergoing treatment.
Cash payment for ultrasounds was around $200
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care of Indiana?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care of Indiana.
There were numerous times when I was not notified of results in a timely manner.