Reproductive Fertility

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
9201 West Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(310) 550-1951
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Fertility to a friend?
3 doctors
IVF, Donor Eggs
[Reproductive Fertility-West Hollywood is] Very organized. Though I think it would be wise for this clinic, actually any clinic to have a few therapists on staff in order to provide more emotional support. At times, the finance department seemed to lack my insurance info, and got it mixed up a few times. And this was disappointing... r. Saadat has two offices. One in Burbank and the other on West L.A. He is only in Burbank once a week. Burbank is much closer to me, and driving all the way to the Westside was challenging. So I would advise them of the logistics, because I feel you need to be able to balance life as best as possible to avoid stress. Entertaining, and/or go through fertility treatment is stressful enough.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Saadat and his staff were always very supportive, available, encouraging, and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Liz Mendoza)
They were always prompt to call back or email back quickly, which gave me reassurance of their care.
How was your experience with Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Saadat was very straight forward and I appreciate that. He was also supportive of my decision not to have fibroid surgery, mainly because he had me do a second HSG (? not sure this is the right description), and the results indicated the cavity of my uterus was clear of fibroids and that the fibroids were mainly in the wall of the uterus. The other doctors I had seen insisted on fibroid surgery and did not explain the situation about the fibroids in my uterus as he did. His willingness to support my decision and to explain these things were very helpful to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Saadat has two offices. One in Burbank and the other on West L.A. He is only in Burbank once a week. Burbank is much closer to me, and driving all the way to the Westside was challenging. So I would advise them of the logistics, because I feel you need to be able to balance life as best as possible to avoid stress. Entertaining, and/or go through fertility treatment is stressful enough.
Describe the protocols Peyman Sadaat used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
He and his nurses were very specific about how to and how often to inject the hormones. They checked my progesterone levels carefully and made sure I was at the right level to help maintain the pregnancy.
Describe Peyman Sadaat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility .
I trusted his suggestion to transfer one single embryo. He strongly felt it was best due to the fibroids in my uterine lining. I was a little disappointed about this. Mainly because I wanted to give our family the best chance to get pregnant, and thought transferring two would be best. But I am glad I followed his advise. Though at the time, I was nervous about it.
West Hollywood
I loved my care team [at Reproductive Fertility Center]. Lizette was my nurse and Ami was an ultrasound tech. They both were very helpful and compassionate. They called me and emailed me with follow up information often the same day and were always available to answer my questions.... There was the cost of the IVF cycle which included the consultation, ultrasounds, and lab costs. In addition, there were separate charges for Anesthesia, Operating room/embryologist, ICSI, Egg Hatching, egg-freezing and first year storage, and subsequent year storage.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
I think the clinic was well organized. I don't really have any complaints. There is a lab onsite and the surgery center is right downstairs. Parking can be tricky if you have an early morning appointment since there is no attendant on duty. Also, twice the lab sent me a bill when I had already paid my lab fees directly to the clinic. I had to submit the bill to the clinic which they took care of right away but it was just annoying.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Jabara always treated us with compassion. He genuinely wanted to give us our baby. He always greeted us with a smile and a hug. Every visit he asked about our son and if my husband wasn't present Dr. Jabara would ask about him.He was honest with us about our option and took into account the cost of treatment. If there was a lower cost option with similar chance of success he recommended we try that first. When I had a miscarriage, Dr. Jabara wasn't told by his staff but when we came in to meet with him a few months later he offered a shoulder to cry on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Lizette Vasquez and Ami Patel)
I loved my care team. Lizette was my nurse and Ami was an ultrasound tech. They both were very helpful and compassionate. They called me and emailed me with follow up information often the same day and were always available to answer my questions.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility ?
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility ?
I think Dr. Jabara tried to do everything he could to give us a baby. He really took the time to explain everything and answer all of our questions. I never felt like he was rushing through my appointment. Also the fact that he was mindful of the cost of the treatment and gave us advice on grants, loans, and discount program was really helpful. We didn't get the outcome we wanted but I don't feel like it was because Dr. Jubara didn't do a good job.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility ?
He is a Kaiser doctor that sees IVF patients in an outside clinic. I don't think it's quite the same relationship as seeing a doctor that works solely in the clinic. Also, I decided to switch my insurance from Kaiser before I started my 2nd round of IVF. This became complicated because he get ordering my prescriptions through Kaiser even though I no longer had that insurance. I would also advise any prospective patients to ask for Dr. Jabara's cell phone number so you don't have to go through Kaiser or the clinic to ask him questions.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
I started with the lupron micro flair protocol. So, I took a double dose of birth control for a week and then started on lupron with menopur in the morning and follistim in the evening. I also took baby aspirin for the first part of my cycle. I don't know the rationale but I believe this is the preferred protocol for older women with diminished ovarian reserve. In my second IVF cycle, I produced more eggs that I ever had in any of my cycles. So, I think it achieved the desired results. Unfortunately, the all of the embryos were not viable on the day of transfer and therefore we ended up having to use a frozen embryo.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility .
Describe Sami Jabara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility .
In the first round of IVF, Dr. Jabara only transferred 2 embryos. The reason is because it was a day 5 transfer and that is standard protocol. Both embryos ended up implanting so I believe that was the right choice. However, I ended up miscarrying both. In the 2nd IVF cycle, Dr. Jabara was planning to transfer 4 embryos if they had been viable and should they all implant we would have done selective reduction. Because of my history my husband and I would not have been happy if he had insisted on only transferring one embryo and we were comfortable with the possibility of twins. So, we were on the same page which was good.
Sami Jabara
West Hollywood
I have concerns about the way in which they [Reproductive Fertility Center] label the eggs and embryos. When I asked them about it so they could explain their process I was told to not worry about it and that I must "watch too much 60 minutes" if I am concerned about mislabeling the eggs after retrieval...I was extremely anxious regarding my egg retrieval and was desperately needing reassurance. The nurses were not kind or compassionate. I mentioned this to Dr. Saadat who told me that it was because I "made everyone anxious" by being anxious myself...One of the medical staff members lost my husband's urine sample for STI testing and they never acknowledged the mistake or apologized, even though I had to drive into the clinic to bring another sample.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
This clinic is full of clients who are having second (or third or fourth babies) and there is no rule against bringing your children with you to your appointment. Most IVF clinics I have seen have signs that say "due to the delicate nature of our patients, please do not bring children with you to your appointment." Not so with this clinic! People bring their children of all ages (toddler to school age) to their appointments. When I mentioned it to the staff I was told "don't let it bother you." The clinic's strength is that there is an in-house acupuncturist and that he's pretty much the only one with any empathy. The surgery center used for retrievals and transfers is partially owned by Dr. Saadat and those nurses are not at all warm or friendly. I have concerns about the way in which they label the eggs and embryos. When I asked them about it so they could explain their process I was told to not worry about it and that I must "watch too much 60 minutes" if I am concerned about mislabeling the eggs after retrieval. They do not allow you to have a support person with you pre-op or post-op, which I have never, ever seen in any other surgical setting. I was extremely anxious regarding my egg retrieval and was desperately needing reassurance. The nurses were not kind or compassionate. I mentioned this to Dr. Saadat who told me that it was because I "made everyone anxious" by being anxious myself. This is not acceptable in my opinion- the nursing staff should be available to help calm patient's anxieties prior to a procedure, not blame the patient for being nervous.
I didn't feel like I was treated like a number or a human. I felt that I was treated like an inconvenience and that they had other patients they would have preferred to help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility .
The nursing staff seems to be very young and inexperienced. My primary nurse was not a great communicator, always sounded nervous when she called me, which in turn made me feel nervous about if things were on the right track. I would ask her to leave detailed messages with my actual lab results on my voicemail, instead I would get messages that said "everything looks good"- even though I repeatedly told her I wanted to know my numbers. Early in my cycle I was concerned my E2 levels weren't rising fast enough, based on my past experience with side effects I am pretty good at determining my if my E2 is rising or falling. When I told one of the nurses I wanted my E2 levels drawn because of the side effects I was experiencing she said "well did you read the consent forms, because those side effects are normal" It was really rude and didn't take into consideration any of my personal experience with these medications. (Turns out my E2 levels were rising but not nearly the amount they did with my past stimulation cycle) One of the medical staff members lost my husband's urine sample for STI testing and they never acknowledged the mistake or apologized, even though I had to drive into the clinic to bring another sample.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility ?
How was your experience with Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility ?
We switched to Dr. Saadat after a failed cycle with another doctor. He started off great with a new protocol that he believed would improve the number of eggs retrieved. It failed to do so. When we asked what his plan would be moving forward he suggested going back to my original protocol- which didn't give me a good response either. When he said that I knew he wasn't motivated to find us a protocol that would be right for us, but just wanted to run us through cycles. He blamed me for a lot of things that went wrong during the cycle- told me that because I was anxious I wouldn't get a good response. When our transfer failed to produce a positive pregnancy test he asked me if I had been constipated and if I had "strained" during my TWW--- again, blaming me for the failure, even though we all know that wouldn't cause an embryo not to implant! We initially went to him because of his high success rate, however upon further research, I believe his success rate is due to the fact that he is willing to transfer high numbers of embryos (more than 2-3) and do selective fetal reduction.
Do not go to this doctor.
We used a micro dose lupron flare protocol because we were told it would be beneficial with low ovarian reserve. I had a pretty poor response and the follicles didn't grow at the same rate. 6 were retrieved, 2 mature, 2 premature and 2 post mature. We also used human growth hormone (every other day) and tamoxifen (but I was never told why, even though I asked)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility .
I was able to use partial insurance coverage for my cycle, however the entire billing situation was very confusing and I still am not certain what part we paid for.
From what I understand, if you're ok with selective fetal reduction, he'll transfer quite a few.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
This clinic [Beverly Hills Repro Fert] is very clean, appealing, quick to respond, and always helpful with anything you could need. The nurses and staff with guide you through it all - don't be afraid! Everything will be sorted for you and you always have someone to call with any questions that might come up...Tasha is a rockstar! From the second I met her in my consult I knew she was going to be awesome. She ALWAYS takes my calls, answers my emails, and treats my with the most respect. She is so skilled in all that she does. I am so lucky to work with her.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
This clinic is very clean, appealing, quick to respond, and always helpful with anything you could need. The nurses and staff with guide you through it all - don't be afraid! Everything will be sorted for you and you always have someone to call with any questions that might come up.
Dr. Saadat is the best doctor I have EVER had. He talked to my husband and I in a way that we could not only understand - but in a way that didn't make us feel dumb.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Tasha)
How was your experience with Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Saadat treated me with compassion, warmth, and understanding. I can never thank him enough. I never felt awkward or uncomfortable. He even took my call after hours! I never had to wait to see him and he always greeted me so nicely. I never left his office confused.
Be your own advocate! I would tell this to anyone going through an infertility journey. Dr. Saadat will get you where you want to be!
For my first IUI, we used Gonal F injectables, folic acid, baby asprin, and prenatal. I then did a trigger shot. For my second IUI, Dr. Saadat doubled my dose and added Tamofixen.
Dr. Saadat offers packages for IUI's and IVF rounds. Everything is listed on his website.
2012 - 2017
Everything [at Beverly Hills Repro Fertility] was perfect...Very caring staff...He [Dr. Peyman Sadaat] is very knowledgeable and compassionate at the same time. I would recommend him to anyone. I wish every doctor can be like him. Thank you for everything you have done for us. He has different offices is different cities which make it easy to attend to..He is very caring and an amazing doctor. His staff made the procedure as painless as possible
2012 - 2017
Everything was perfect
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Tina anna)
Very caring staff
How was your experience with Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility ?
He is very knowledgeable and compassionate at the same time. I would recommend him to anyone. I wish every doctor can be like him. Thank you for everything you have done for us. He has different offices is different cities which make it easy to attend to
Don't be nervous, you are I'm great handa
Ivf and blood works