Reproductive Fertility Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
16300 Sand Canyon Ave
Irvine, CA 92618
9201 W. Sunset Blvd. Suite 500
West Hollywood,, CA 90069
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Fertility Center to a friend?
Strengths: dr Lin and his team [Reproductive Fertility Ctr] are the best. They make you feel welcome and get the job done. They will give you a detailed calendar and check in with you after each and every appointment Weakness: wait times are pretty bad. Sometimes up to an hour before being seen. They often don’t tell you when a urine sample is needed ahead of time (ps it’s the first baseline appt only). I do wish there was an online patient portal with appt reminders
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Strengths: dr Lin and his team are the best. They make you feel welcome and get the job done. They will give you a detailed calendar and check in with you after each and every appointment Weakness: wait times are pretty bad. Sometimes up to an hour before being seen. They often don’t tell you when a urine sample is needed ahead of time (ps it’s the first baseline appt only). I do wish there was an online patient portal with appt reminders and medication calendars instead of printed versions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
After every scan and blood test, dr Lin would have a one-on-one meeting to go over everything he just saw and how it reflected my treatment. Every afternoon of a blood test and every afternoon after the egg retrieval it reveieved personal phone calls from my coordinator to say how my levels were and how things were progressing. Emails were answered promptly and everyone was so nice
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula)
Paula was available practically 24:7 via email or phone. I would get a response within a couple of hours. She answered all my questions and never made me feel rushed or crazy.
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr Lin is very knowledgeable. I did not expect to see him much after our consultation but I was wrong. He performed every single visit of mine. Every ultrasound, egg retrieval and transfer was done by Dr. Lin. He made me feel like I was his top priority even though I know he’s seeing hundreds of patients. When things weren’t looking as they should, instead of cancelling my cycle he upped the meds and had me come back 3 days later to good results! I’m so thankful we picked his practice and I’m hoping our transfer goes well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Make your appointments early and always show up early. A 6am appt may easily take until 630 to be seen. I had one 8am appt that ended up taking til 9am to be seen.
Describe the protocols James P Lin used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
One round of IVF for egg retrieval- follistism, Ganirelex, menapur and a Lupron trigger shot. Husband was diagnosed and had mtese surgery with outside clinic. For frozen transfer: estrogen twice a day, progesterone in oil shots, prednisone, baby aspirin, folic acid, z-pack, and endometrium
Describe the costs associated with your care under James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Egg retrieval: $8800 one ivf round $600 anesthesia $1500 icsi $2500 medication $4800 pgs testing Total - $18,200 Frozen transfer $3800 for single FEt $500 assisted hatching $300 endoscratch $250 medication $1500 or fee $580 pregnancy ultrasound $635 mock transfer Total: $7,565 Total so far: :$25,765
Describe James P Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Only discussed doing one embryo at a time. No option for two (but we knew going into it that we wouldn’t not consider this as an option)
Irvine
Clean and classy location. Parking can be tricky but with early 6:45a appointments it isn't too bad. They [Reproductive Fertility Center] offer water and coffee and the restrooms offer feminine supplies that are much needed during treatment.... They have a big caseload and office to manage. Sometimes you have to remind them of what you need.... Surgery center for egg collection was around $42,000 and doctor costs were around $10,000. FET was $4000. Assisted hatching is $600.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Clean and classy location. Parking can be tricky but with early 6:45a appointments it isn't too bad. They offer water and coffee and the restrooms offer feminine supplies that are much needed during treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Remembers you and your history. Speaks to you like an adult and not a child. Always is warm and kind and doesn't rush you.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Has the personal touch! Calls you directly. You can feel that he feels your pain. When we miscarried he cried and was as upset as we were. He doesn't talk down to you. He gives you all the time in the world so you must be patient. But you're entrusting your future children in his hands so get to know him. He provides you his cell phone and answers your calls!! Weekends as well. He is a great communicator via text, email and calls. I tell everyone about him and encourage people to switch to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Be patient as he does run behind but he's worth it!!
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr Jabara took everything into consideration when making our plan. He just didn't give us the cookie cutter plan and send us on our way. He talked things out with you and gave you choices. He admits when things didn't go as planned. He didn't back down on stims since he knew we had a once per lifetime coverage. I was safe the entire time but we baked as many eggs as we could.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Sami Jabara
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. ...We had a lot of miscommunications with our first clinic nurse, because of which, we were given a new nurse. The first nurse lost some paperwork and failed to call us with results of one blood work lab.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. Some of the wait times were long during the early morning appointments, but for the most part the clinic is efficient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldstein takes the time to fully explain risks, process and outcomes. She is very empathetic, and sympathetic to my needs as a woman, and my uneasiness with medical procedures. She is also very good about following up and checking in with me, on a fertility level and a personal level.
We had to change nurses a half way through our first IVF cycle because we were getting poor communication with the nurse. Once we were given a new nurse we had better communication and things went more smoothly. The nurses were attentive and good at taking labs. Phone calls and email follow-ups were a little delayed at some points in the process.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I have had a generally good experience overall. Even with all the stresses with the ups and downs of IVF, Dr. Goldstein has done a good job keeping our expectations real and stress to a manageable level. My egg retrieval went smoothly, and we had a successful transfer. She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Just be patient and try to keep stress to a minium
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
A discussion of doing a frozen transfer vs a fresh transfer, of which we chose a frozen transfer. Dr. Goldstein wanted to be careful to avoid hyperstimulated ovaries. We froze 10 embryos, then did a transfer a month later during a natural cycle using a ovalution kit. She walked us through the process, and we liked how most of the IVF drugs would be out of my system for the transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Our fees and costs were itemized: Doctor fees, medications, labs fees, egg retrieval, embryo creation, freezing, hatching, transfer
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Goldstein has a strong preference for single embryo transfers given my age (35) and desire for one child. She said we can talk about 2 embryo transfers if we have trouble with implantation or carrying, at a later date if we choose.
Ellen Goldstein
West Hollywood
The clinics [Reproductive Fertility Center] strengths is their effectiveness in communicating with their patients the procedures and medication use, etc. The atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and very clean. Undergoing the stress of already dealing with infertility, this agency provided the emotional and financial support to its patients. Communication is very important when dealing within infertility and this staff is phenomenal.
Latino, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinics strengths is their effectiveness in communicating with their patients the procedures and medication use, etc. The atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and very clean. Undergoing the stress of already dealing with infertility, this agency provided the emotional and financial support to its patients. Communication is very important when dealing within infertility and this staff is phenomenal.
Dr. Lin and Reproductive Fertility Center staff are welcoming and very patient in explaining all of the procedures. I felt welcome to address any concerns that I/we had regarding infertility and our specific situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cook)
Jennifer is absolutely helpful throughout this whole process and communicates efficiently. The atmosphere provided since day one with this agency has been great. I have asked many questions and Jennifer has been able to walk me through the process.
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin is a data driven medical professional (which is exactly what I like regarding any medical concerns) and provides his clinical insight regarding the appropriate procedures for the gameplan. Dr. Lin is highly professional and yet displays empathy regarding the struggles associated with infertility.
To ask any questions and/or concerns that you may have, Dr. Lin is the medical expert and has many years of experience which made me feel supported through this journey.
I have a medical diagnosis of a pituitary tumor (cyst) and due to this I have been on medication (Cabergoline) to help reduce my prolactin levels which are important in trying to get pregnant. In addition my husbands sperm were concerning regarding his morphology and motility. Due to this Dr. Lin's treatment strategy was to attempt IUI with oral medications as this was less invasive and a possibility of 5-18% success rate and then move on to IVF (once we were ready and this has a success rate of 50-65%) based upon the data.
IUI; $1,600 (medications/procedure) Infertility Consultation: $150 meds for pituitary tumor: $50 blood pregnancy test: $90
Irvine
I think the clinic runs very smoothly, I never wait very long for my appointment, the staff is all very nice. Everything is very clean and it’s a calming environment. It was difficult to get a copy of my lab results from them and I had to make multiple calls and said it would take a few weeks, which was frustrating....I haven’t had too much interaction with the care coordinator but when I have she was a little short with me. I felt like she didn’t like what I had to say and was acting a bit out off. I will say that I love the nurse practitioners,
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
I think the office staff is wonderful and for the most part they make me feel like a human but there are times that I feel like just a number and maybe it is caused by frustration. They do a good job of getting to know you and greeting you by name when you arrive.
I haven’t had too much interaction with the care coordinator but when I have she was a little short with me. I felt like she didn’t like what I had to say and was acting a bit out off. I will say that I love the nurse practitioners, I feel like I can talk to them, they listen and there is great communication. I often request to see them for ultrasounds because they are easier to communicate with and at this point they can do everything the doctor can.
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin tends to be difficult to communicate with. He can be very difficult to understand and I don’t feel that he explains things throughly. I often leave there feeling like I have tons of questions. After he does my ultrasound I meet him in his office which usually consists of him scratching out a script and mumbling something about what he is giving me. My husband would also agree that he is difficult to communicate with. During our consultation we both found him difficult to understand.
Write down your questions for each appointment because he does make you feel rushed. I always leave feeling like I have unanswered questions.
I only did two rounds of IUI with Letrizole. I tried the clomid and it made my body grow cysts on my overies. Ultrasounds were done once a week to monitor my follicle growth. And when he thought my follicles were big enough he would prescribe the trigger shot and do IUI 36 hours later. I got a paper with all the detailed directions and times of everything.
Ultrasounds are $165. The actual IUI procedure $375. Trigger shot $100. Pregnancy blood test $99.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] felt welcoming and laid out all of the possibilities and options. They understand that finances are a huge part but not the only part of The ivf process. The nurse did not seem very knowledgeable during our consultation. I had a lot of questions that she was not able to answer but wrote them down and called me back, answering all of my questions.... The total cost of IVF with ICIS FET PGS was $22,000
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic felt welcoming and laid out all of the possibilities and options. They understand that finances are a huge part but not the only part of The ivf process. The nurse did not seem very knowledgeable during our consultation. I had a lot of questions that she was not able to answer but wrote them down and called me back, answering all of my questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Every time I met with Dr. Kashani she got to personally know my husband and I. She cared and made it seem like we were her only patients. She made me feel comfortable and understood. I could always contact her with any questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lesly )
The nurse was always there to communicate. I could email or call and she would call me right back. Any questions I had for the doctor she would get the answers for me.
How was your experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Kashani made me feel like her best friend. She made me feel loved and understood. She acted like she could feel like feelings of frustration and sadness that come with infertility. She always had a plan and what our next step was. She explained everything in detail to make sure I understood what we were doing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Open up to Dr. Kashani. She wants to help and understand you.
Describe the protocols Banafsheh Kashani used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Currently she had me do an HSG test, saline hysteroscopy (which she found something in my uterus), and then a hysteroscopy to remove it. It was very important to her to make sure my uterus was ready for ivf. She made sure to do an extensive amount of tests to make sure there were no complications for ivf.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center.
The total cost of IVF with ICIS FET PGS was $22,000. My husbands sperm analysis was free so at least we got something!
Describe Banafsheh Kashani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Kashani will only do one embryo transfer if PGS testing is done. She will transfer two if no genetic testing is done.
Banafsheh Kashani
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Paula [a nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center] was awesome... she worked around my crazy work travel schedule. Where I wish she'd been more diligent was remembering what medicines I needed. Sometimes she'd call on something last minute that she remembered and because I travelled a ton, I'd have to have it called into a random pharmacy in whatever city I was in for work. The staff there is very nice. I've never had a bad experience with anyone. The girls who take blood are the best too. They get it right the first time everyone and it doesn't hurt.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Strengths - expertise, hours of operation, flexibility to schedule, cost, dedicated nurse, track record Opportunities - Dr bedside manner (at first), billing organization
Dr.Lin gives out his cell phone number and answers on the first or second ring after 6PM. He will also text you. He remembers personal things about you and uses them to make conversation or jokes every time he sees you. My nurse Paula was incredibly attentive and worked around my crazy work travel schedule every time. I moved to Tampa, FL for work during my first transfer and they checked on me everyday. They also continued my care with my second transfer which I did with them as well.
Paula was awesome. Like I stated before, she worked around my crazy work travel schedule. Where I wish she'd been more diligent was remembering what medicines I needed. Sometimes she'd call on something last minute that she remembered and because I travelled a ton, I'd have to have it called into a random pharmacy in whatever city I was in for work. The staff there is very nice. I've never had a bad experience with anyone. The girls who take blood are the best too. They get it right the first time everyone and it doesn't hurt.
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
At first Dr. Lin and I didn't hit it off. I ask a lot of questions and I don't think he was ready for that. But I was going to him for his expertise, not bedside manner. However, after getting to know him and he getting to know me, we totally gelled. I saw him at every single visit (which I see is a luxury now that I've moved and have been being monitored by another RE) - he did my ultrasounds and always had a consult directly after. I felt really taken care of there and felt like I got what I paid for because I got to see my RE so much. He explained everything in great detail, using technical terms, which I appreciated, so I could look up exactly what he was saying later on at home. He tried to make pleasant conversation based on non-sensitive things he knew about you, i.e.... work, family etc....
Set the groundwork for what type of patient you are. Do you want to know everything, or will you just trust him? That way you'll both be on the same page. He can also be conservative, but not unreasonable.
I first did Clomid (50mcg) with timed intercourse. That didn't work. Then we did an IUI with same dosage of Clomid - didn't work. After that I told him I didn't want to waste anymore time or money on IUI and Clomid, so we moved on to IVF. For my egg retrieval, I was on Gonal-F and Menopur. I was also diagnosed with a low thyroid, so 50mg levotyroxine. That protocol produced 12 eggs with 10 mature 8 fertilized 5 biopsied and 3 healthy blastocysts. He found a polyp in my uterus that cancelled my first FET and I ovulated through my second FET so on the 3rd time, he added Lupron to my cycle and was taking Lupron, Progesterone in Oil, Endometrin, Folic Acid, Pre-Natal and Levothyroxine. This cycle we transferred 1 perfect XY blastocyst and resulted in miscarriage at 8 weeks. The cycle I just ended used the same protocol as mentioned above + a pre transfer Endo-Scratch and Heparin for anti clotting since I'd had the previous miscarriage. This cycle we transferred 2 XX blastocyst and are currently 11 weeks pregnant with twins.
I can't remember, but I believe we paid about $12,000 for everything.
We chose to transfer the strongest embryo first which happened to be my girl. That resulted in miscarriage. This time around, we chose to transfer the two boys knowing we wanted twins. Dr.Lin was in agreement that I was a good candidate for a multiple gestation pregnancy and agreed to transfer both.
Irvine
Elizabeth [nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center] was so warm and caring right from the start. She is incredibly patient and for the first time in this whole journey, I had a nurse that explained my calendar and instructions to me so that I got it. And still was patient when I called with a million questions. She was genuinely so happy when she called with the positive pregnancy result, it was like I was talking to my sister
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. Staff, all of the staff, are friendly and warm and knowledgeable. Everyone there is pulling for you, and that really helps. You feel very emotionally supported. Office is beautiful. The only downside is parking is expensive, but what can you expect in West Hollywood. Try to find street parking if you can.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
All the nurses knew my name, my husbands name and we were greeted warmly every time, both in person and on the phone. The office really cared. Dr. Saadat always remembered us as well, and we never felt rushed. We saw him for every visit. He did all the ultrasounds himself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth, but all the nurses were great!)
Elizabeth was so warm and caring right from the start. She is incredibly patient and for the first time in this whole journey, I had a nurse that explained my calendar and instructions to me so that I got it. And still was patient when I called with a million questions. She was genuinely so happy when she called with the positive pregnancy result, it was like I was talking to my sister
How was your experience with Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Saadat saw me for every single visit. He took time each visit to ASK if I had questions and then answer them so I understood. He called me with results, included my husband and I in the decision making process, and never made us feel like we were bothering him. He is truly warm and caring, which makes this whole experience so much easier
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I would make sure you take advantage of his willingness to answer questions. During an IVF cycle you can get pretty forgetful, at least I did, so it was a relief that he never got aggravated when I would ask the same question.
Describe the protocols Peyman Sadaat used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My protocol was agonist down reg. This was different than what the other clinics had done.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments, unlike other clinics, are scheduled when it fits into the patients schedule, as long as that will be okay for the cycle. In other words, anytime in the morning works if we need results same day. Later in the day is fine if the Doctor can wait for results the next morning. There is no set time, so its never like a cattle call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peyman Sadaat at Reproductive Fertility Center.
IVF cycle was pretty typical for the area. About 10K plus medication. PGS added to the cost, but it is optional.
Describe Peyman Sadaat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Saadat discussed everything with us, both pros and cons of single vs multiple
Peyman Sadaat
2010 - 2016
I think the clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center-Irvine] is great! The staff is caring and knowledgeable. We chose to use them again for a second pregnancy even though it was over an hour drive because we thought it was worth it. I guess a weakness would be that sometimes Dr Lin ran late, and that was frustrating. He was always so busy.
2010 - 2016
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
I think the clinic is great! The staff is caring and knowledgeable. We chose to use them again for a second pregnancy even though it was over an hour drive because we thought it was worth it. I guess a weakness would be that sometimes Dr Lin ran late, and that was frustrating. He was always so busy.
He really cared and wanted us to succeed in having a baby. We both went to USC so we would talk about football. He seemed personally invested in us getting pregnant. He took the time to answer any and all questions we had. He gave us his personal cell phone number to call him if we needed to.
Wonderful!!! Extremely supportive through a difficult time. I highly recommend.
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
He really cares about his oatients getting pregnant. He also cares about his statistical success, so for him to have good numbers we needed to get pregnant so he was invested for himself too. He gives the impression of being a work-a-holic, which made me feel like I was in good hands. He answered all my questions. He was patient. He has a good sense of humor. We had such a positive experience with him that we went back to him for our second pregnancy, even though we lived an hour away.
Choose him, he is great!
Wr had tried 2 cycles of IUI with another doctor to no avail. We did 1 IUI cycle with Dr Lin while taking Clomid. He said statistically if IUI doesn’t work by the third time it is unlikely to ever work, so we then moved on to IVF. I had progesterone shots and suppositories. The shots hurt a lot - even after I was done getting them, and the suppositories are gross - but none of that is Dr Lin’s fault. They were prescribed to thicken uterus lining to increase chances of implantation. There were shots to get my ovaries to hyperstimulate, which worked - I produced 14 egg. We did ICSI where he takes the best soerm and injects it into the best egg, the second best soerm into the second best egg, etc. I don’t remeber all the details, but his office gives out an easy to follow calendar which outlines which medications to take when. They also show you how to do the shots - they even drew on my with a Sharpie so my husband would know where to inject me. They give handouts with explanations for how to do everything. Dr Lin only transfers 5 day embryos, and for new patients he only does frozen embryo transfers because they have been found to be more effective.
First time I think it was about $25k for egg retrieval, all the medications and doctor visits for two IVF cycles. We paid upfront for a two cycle package at a discounted rate. The second pregnancy was cheaper because we didn’t need to do egg retrieval since we still had frozen embryos. I don’t remember how much, but if I had to guess, for two frozen embryos cycles including medications and doctor visits, I would say about $11k.
For our first IVF cycle he used two fresh embryos. He gave us a 75% chance of at least one baby. The attempt failed. Our next cycle we transferred the three frozen embryos, he gave us a 50% chance of success and we had twins. Our third cycle was five years later, we chose to put only one embryo in because we didn’t want twins again and it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our final attempt we were going to use our last two embryos, one didn’t survive the thawing process so only one was implanted- we had a healthy baby girl.
2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center-Irvine] was clean and inviting. The wait time was never very long and the staff was always caring. I was able to ship my medicine to them (as it needed a signature for drop off) and they would hold it for me until I could swing by and get it.... The nursing staff was amazing. They were all so caring and accommodating. My care coordinator was always willing to answer my "stupid" questions and did so with such grace and a smile. She never made be feel like I was asking stupid questions and always willing to find out that answers for me.
2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean and inviting. The wait time was never very long and the staff was always caring. I was able to ship my medicine to them (as it needed a signature for drop off) and they would hold it for me until I could swing by and get it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Rosencrantz always took the time to explain what was going on, what procedures we should try and what the likely outcomes would be. He has a great way of making sure you understand the reality of fertility treatments with honest upfront information, but has such great compassion and made us feel like we were all a team working towards the ultimate goal (pregnancy).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Strengths: - explained what was going on, what procedures we should try and what the likely outcomes would be - compassionate - honest and upfront with reality of fertility treatments - always checked in with me - willing to listen to my concerns and ideas
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
With any doctor, research on your own so that you all can come to the table with ideas.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Rosencrantz definitely explained the trade offs of doing eSET vs. multiple embryo transfers. Since we had done PGS he felt eSET would be a better approach for us. This lowers the chance of multiples significantly, which would have been good for us as I am a small human being and commented to him about my doubts around being able to successfully carry multiples.
Marcus Rosencrantz
Irvine
I really enjoyed the nursing staff [Reproductive Fertility Ctr] at the Riverside and Irvine location, but was less than impressed with the diamond bar location. They were not as welcoming and very disorganized. They provided me with a urine cup that was for another patient.... I was an out of pocket patient because my insurance did not cover anything. They did their best to have my general doctor order what he could so that insurance would pay for what they could.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
I really enjoyed the nursing staff at the Riverside and Irvine location, but was less than impressed with the diamond bar location. They were not as welcoming and very disorganized. They provided me with a urine cup that was for another patient.
He takes the time to make sure he goes over all options. I never felt as though he was trying to push treatment on me. He stays in the room until all my questions are answered.
Very compassionate. They were always available to answer my calls and emails.
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin shows compassion while also showing his sense of humor, which I appreciate during this very depressing time. I have not seen the results I want yet, but will be continuing with Dr. Lin as I feel he is treating me as an individual, not a statistic.
If you do not have a sense of humor, I would not recommend seeing him. He is quirky and enjoys joking with his patients to lighten the mood while also being serious when he needs to be.
I don't remember
I was an out of pocket patient because my insurance did not cover anything. They did their best to have my general doctor order what he could so that insurance would pay for what they could. They also gave me a 50% discount for being a cash patient. I would pay after each treatment. I was not charged for follow up ultrasounds which was a relief. Overall, I think I paid about $500-$800, but that was spread out over the course of the treatment.
Irvine
Strengths [at Reproductive Fertility Center]: clarity, optimism and friendliness of the entire staff. They were amazing at returning calls and answering any questions. The office hours were great too, I could often go before work and on lunch breaks. Very accommodating Weakness: billing coordinator changed in the middle of my time there which had a small delay...Paula, Cindy and Heidi [nurses] were amazing. I saw them for many baseline and ultrasounds since I decided to come on a lunch break and they made me feel so comfortable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Strengths: clarity, optimism and friendliness of the entire staff. They were amazing at returning calls and answering any questions. The office hours were great too, I could often go before work and on lunch breaks. Very accommodating Weakness: billing coordinator changed in the middle of my time there which had a small delay
The staff and Dr Lin always took their time answering any questions. Cindy and Heidi the Nurse Practioners were amazing and always returned calls promptly. The front desk staff was always courteous
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula )
Paula, Cindy and Heidi were amazing. I saw them for many baseline and ultrasounds since I decided to come on a lunch break and they made me feel so comfortable.
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr Lin is extremely compassionate and optimistic. He explains everything he is doing and why. I felt complete trust. After having to switch to Dr Lin due to insurance I was hesitant but it was the best forced decision I could have asked for
Trust his process and recommendations
1st and second cycles were 100 mg of clomid for 5 days. Third cycle I overstimulated on the same Dose. Fourth cycle 50 mg clomid for 5 days
I was very lucky to have most of my treatment covered by insurance. For 4 cycles I paid around 1000 out of pocket
Irvine
This clinic [Reproductive Fertility Ctr] was always clean, comfortable and put together. He nurses always had a smile on their faces when we walked in and greeted us. They were super helpful and made sure we were taken care of. We always felt that they truly cared and always remembered my preferences... Jennifer was always willing to answer all my questions even if it was silly. I could Call her or email her at anytime and get a response in a timely matter
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
This clinic was always clean, comfortable and put together. He nurses always had a smile on their faces when we walked in and greeted us. They were super helpful and made sure we were taken care of. We always felt that they truly cared and always remembered my preferences
Dr. Lin always talked to my husband and I with care, and answered our questions with respect. He felt for us and knew how desperately we wanted to get pregnant and he always explained journey step by step. He laughed with us when needed and felt with us when things got hard. He’s the best fertility doctor!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
As a patient I always felt taken care of, and that he was trying his absolute best to make our dream happen. He explained each step knowing that this was all new to us, and always took the time to meet with us after each appointment if we had further questions.
Ask him questions if you have them, he’s always more than happy to explain things and help you better understand what’s happening or going to happen. He truly cares and truly wants you to get pregnant so trust him
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Awesome staff [Reproductive Fertility Center]. They were always warm, friendly and welcoming. The staff was quick to respond to telephone calls and emails....I spent $50k, this includes 5 cycles of IUI and 1 cycle of IVF....Dr Lin and his staff were warm and thorough in providing services. They made the process easy and smooth....This is already an overwhelming process and Dr Lin was open, honest and realistic when discussing my options. He was quick to answer all of my questions. I would definitely recommend Dr Lin. Dr Lin even went as far as providing patients with his cell phone number.
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rocio )
Awesome staff. They were always warm, friendly and welcoming. The staff was quick to respond to telephone calls and emails.
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Do your research and come prepared with questions, they will get answered.
I spent $50k, this includes 5 cycles of IUI and 1 cycle of IVF.