Mental health counseling is not offered
Mental health counseling is not offered

16300 Sand Canyon Ave
Irvine, CA 92618

Dr. Lin tends to be difficult to communicate with. He can be very difficult to understand and I don’t feel that he explains things throughly. I often leave there feeling like I have tons of questions. After he does my ultrasound I meet him in his office which usually consists of him scratching out a script and mumbling something about what he is giving me.... I only did two rounds of IUI with Letrizole. I tried the clomid and it made my body grow cysts on my overies. Ultrasounds were done once a week to monitor my follicle growth. And when he thought my follicles were big enough he would prescribe the trigger
I think the clinic runs very smoothly, I never wait very long for my appointment, the staff is all very nice. Everything is very clean and it’s a calming environment. It was difficult to get a copy of my lab results from them and I had to make multiple calls and said it would take a few weeks, which was frustrating....I haven’t had too much interaction with the care coordinator but when I have she was a little short with me. I felt like she didn’t like what I had to say and was acting a bit out off. I will say that I love the nurse practitioners,
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin tends to be difficult to communicate with. He can be very difficult to understand and I don’t feel that he explains things throughly. I often leave there feeling like I have tons of questions. After he does my ultrasound I meet him in his office which usually consists of him scratching out a script and mumbling something about what he is giving me. My husband would also agree that he is difficult to communicate with. During our consultation we both found him difficult to understand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Write down your questions for each appointment because he does make you feel rushed. I always leave feeling like I have unanswered questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I think the office staff is wonderful and for the most part they make me feel like a human but there are times that I feel like just a number and maybe it is caused by frustration. They do a good job of getting to know you and greeting you by name when you arrive.
Describe the protocols James P Lin used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I only did two rounds of IUI with Letrizole. I tried the clomid and it made my body grow cysts on my overies. Ultrasounds were done once a week to monitor my follicle growth. And when he thought my follicles were big enough he would prescribe the trigger shot and do IUI 36 hours later. I got a paper with all the detailed directions and times of everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula)
I haven’t had too much interaction with the care coordinator but when I have she was a little short with me. I felt like she didn’t like what I had to say and was acting a bit out off. I will say that I love the nurse practitioners, I feel like I can talk to them, they listen and there is great communication. I often request to see them for ultrasounds because they are easier to communicate with and at this point they can do everything the doctor can.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Ultrasounds are $165. The actual IUI procedure $375. Trigger shot $100. Pregnancy blood test $99.
Describe James P Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
James P Lin
Irvine
He [Dr. Lin] made me feel insignificant the very first meeting. I asked him more questions than the information he provided. He’s like a robot, telling you statistics. Not warm at all....He wanted me to try multiple tried of Clomid first as he kept saying I am still young. He made passive aggressive comments about asking my OBGYN to conduct certain tests. I felt like he didn’t want to treat me and wanted the other doctor to work with me.
Good waiting room. Office staff [Reproductive Fertility Center] sometimes runs late from the Irvine location in the morning. Nurses are generally nice....Some appeared more professional than others... Doctor is like a robot. If you don’t mind the interpersonal piece, than I suppose you wouldn’t mind him....[Dr. Lin] started both sessions by telling me the statistics of who should get pregnant
How was your experience with James P Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
He made me feel insignificant the very first meeting. I asked him more questions than the information he provided. He’s like a robot, telling you statistics. Not warm at all. Maybe if I spoke Chinese. Maybe because my office visits were covered by insurance but I felt rushed. I left the first visit feeling more confused as I was not sure if this is how the drs are like.
Be extremely cautious and get second opinions
He started both sessions by telling me the statistics of who should get pregnant and by when and that I was part of the 10%
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Generally nice. Some appeared more professional than others
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Good waiting room. Office staff sometimes runs late from the Irvine location in the morning. Nurses are generally nice. Doctor is like a robot. If you don’t mind the interpersonal piece, than I suppose you wouldn’t mind him.
None