Mental health counseling is not offered

520 S. Virgil Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90020
213.600.8088

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
When meeting or talking with doctor park, she individualized my care. She was able to adjust plans after reviewing my status, and didn’t just go with the flow of what was planned. She always made sure to ask if I had questions...She was very blunt at first, but I didn’t take it personal. Once I had my official consultation, she went over different scenarios and was patient as we asked several questions. During my mock cycle, she was able to adapt when she saw how my body was responding to the medications. She provided her input and let me know I could decide how to move forward. She is very informative, which I truly appreciate.
The [Reproductive Fertility Center] clinic is in bigger building, but right by the entrance. It is very inviting and roomy. It has a great welcoming aesthetic. The rooms and lab are always clean. They provide snacks and water. Their reception area is quite large so it makes it easy for multiple patients to not feel crowded. Someone is always available in the front...The staff at the front and lab are always kind and friendly.
How was your experience with Alice Park at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I first met Dr. Park coming in as an outside patient. She did all my ultrasounds to send to my out of state clinic. She posed questions, but then encouraged me to talk to my primary fertility doctor. She was always knowledgeable, which is a huge part to why I decided to switch to her clinic. She was very blunt at first, but I didn’t take it personal. Once I had my official consultation, she went over different scenarios and was patient as we asked several questions. During my mock cycle, she was able to adapt when she saw how my body was responding to the medications. She provided her input and let me know I could decide how to move forward. She is very informative, which I truly appreciate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Park at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Come with all your questions and trust your gut. The treatment is ultimately up to you, but she is available to run through different scenarios.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Park at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I got a dedicated coordinator who was always available for questions. When meeting or talking with doctor park, she individualized my care. She was able to adjust plans after reviewing my status, and didn’t just go with the flow of what was planned. She always made sure to ask if I had questions.
Describe the protocols Alice Park used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have only done my mock cycle/ERA/hysteroscopy. Dr. Park went over what medications she would recommend and for what purpose. She gave me different scenarios and had us choose which one to move forward with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia McCauley)
Cynthia is always pleasant and beyond helpful. If she doesn’t know the answer, she will let me know that she’ll reach out to the doctor. She is great at being patient with my million questions. The staff at the front and lab are always kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic is in bigger building, but right by the entrance. It is very inviting and roomy. It has a great welcoming aesthetic. The rooms and lab are always clean. They provide snacks and water. Their reception area is quite large so it makes it easy for multiple patients to not feel crowded. Someone is always available in the front.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Park at Reproductive Fertility Center.
I have only done testing and monitoring so far. I was quoted for a frozen transfer and a full IVF cycle. Prices for FET were reasonable. IVF was on the higher end, but they do offer discount programs (on Full IVF only). They were able to show me comparisons of what costs would be with and without insurance.
Alice Park

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Lin is candid with good bed side manner. He wants to ensure as a patient one thoroughly understands the success probability and options while taking into consideration the financial impact to patients. The history lesson on the evolution of IVF procedures was great during the first consultation...very often I’ve had to wait over an hour for my ultrasound or consultation with Dr. Lin...
[at Reproductive Fertility Center] very often I’ve had to wait over an hour for my ultrasound or consultation with Dr. Lin. The coordinators and assistants would apologize for the wait but the same happened in the next appointment. All for a 30 second ultrasound and 5 minute conversation with the doctor. The times I would meet with my coordinator made the wait worthwhile. She is a beautiful person with the upmost sincere demeanor....
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin is candid with good bed side manner. He wants to ensure as a patient one thoroughly understands the success probability and options while taking into consideration the financial impact to patients. The history lesson on the evolution of IVF procedures was great during the first consultation. After two years of lessons, I’m now an expert. 😀
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Be very clear on your expectations and bring your questions with you to maximize your time during the consultation. Dr. Lin makes himself available to his patients, is ready for your questions and even gave me his cell phone number as a follow up. Never used the cell number but it was a great option. I do appreciate the fact he has done 99% of my ultrasounds and has first hand knowledge of my condition.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
The long time wait even with an appointment. I pride myself to always be on time, however, very often I’ve had to wait over an hour for my ultrasound or consultation with Dr. Lin. The coordinators and assistants would apologize for the wait but the same happened in the next appointment. All for a 30 second ultrasound and 5 minute conversation with the doctor. The times I would meet with my coordinator made the wait worthwhile. She is a beautiful person with the upmost sincere demeanor.
Describe the protocols James P. Lin used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
October 2020, first cycle with letrozole 8 mg per day to measure my ovary tolerance and caused ovarian cysts. February 2021, had an antagonist cycle With gonal f, menopur, ganerelix, and ovidrel. Maximum doses for gonal f and menopur. Only retrieved 3 eggs, no blastocyst created. July 2021, 2nd antagonist cycle, same aforementioned meds with lower doses. Cycle cancelled, zero eggs matured. September 2021, cancelled cycle due to ovarian cysts. After the cancelled cycle my husband and I decided to move on to donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer is wonderful! She has always been compassionate, made herself available for emailed questions or phone calls, and always returned my calls. She thorough explained the process with each IVF attempt and confirmed if I had meds at home or willing to loan clinic meds if needed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The wait time even with a scheduled appointment needs vast improvement. There were times when my husband and I brought our lunches or snacks because we were at the clinic for hours. The front desk assistants are nice and greet everyone, especially during the pandemic extra attention and precautions for everyone. On occasion, their voices project throughout the waiting room and everyone can hear another patients personal matters.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center.
I am lucky to be able to use employer insurance coverage for up to 3 IVF cycles and full cost of meds after deductible is met. The maximum paid for meds was $1500, all subsequent was paid by our insurance. Of course, when treatments overlapped into another year the out of pocket maximum reset to zero. Thus far, embryo transfers are 50% covered after co-insurance. Still waiting for this opportunity.
Describe James P. Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Lin was very candid on giving us the option for multiple embryo transfer to help increase implantation odds. He and the nurse advised us on the pros and cons due to my age. Ultimately, we were at ease with multiple embryos.

2021, Unsuccessful
Dr. Lin is intelligent and professional. He answered our questions and concerns. But I think there are some important skills to improve like listen to his patient, show support/compassion and most importantly encourage or motivate his patients not to lose hope...He discussed this [eSET] before and he prefer single embryo transfer vs. multiple due to risk factors. And we agreed upon it...I will still recommend Dr. Lin but don’t expect too much... I think there’s room to improve by showing sympathy/empathy to his patients.
I will recommend the clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center]. It’s very clean, spacious and have a cozy ambiance. Parking area is huge. The clinic is nicely located, close to the freeway and restaurants. The surrounding looks safe too. The front office receptionists are all very nice and professional. The nurses, acupuncturist and the financial coordinator are all amazing...After meeting insurance deductible, out of pocket maximum around 11-15 thousand dollars. Not including the acupuncture fees.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin is intelligent and professional. He answered our questions and concerns. But I think there are some important skills to improve like listen to his patient, show support/compassion and most importantly encourage or motivate his patients not to lose hope. I have low ovarian reserve so it took a couple of months before my follicle count went up and we decided to proceed with egg retrieval. During the every cycle ultrasound visit I felt at some point he wants us to do the egg retrieval despite the low count follicle because my egg count won’t improve. But me and my partner were pushing to wait another month for a better count.
I will still recommend Dr. Lin but don’t expect too much.
I answered neutral because me and my partner didn’t really feel that there is a connection between us and Dr. Lin. I worked in a medical field for a long time and building that rapport with patients is my utmost priority. I’ve been his patient for almost a year and I still feel the same. I think there’s room to improve by showing sympathy/empathy to his patients.
I took stimulant injections- Gonal F 225 units, Menupur 2-3 vials ( can’t exactly remember) , Ovidrel and Cetrotide. I responded to the treatment I guess. The follicles were growing. However, I remember during my last ultrasound prior to egg retrieval, the ultrasonographer saw a fluid filled cyst on my right tube which most likely related to the stimulant medication (ovarian hyper stimulation). And on the day of post egg retrieval, Dr Lin mentioned that my uterus was flooded with fluids which caused difficulty with the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center.
My care coordinator is good. She is very thorough and she communicates well. Always follow up in a timely manner especially with my lab results and any updates.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
I will recommend the clinic. It’s very clean, spacious and have a cozy ambiance. Parking area is huge. The clinic is nicely located, close to the freeway and restaurants. The surrounding looks safe too. The front office receptionists are all very nice and professional. The nurses, acupuncturist and the financial coordinator are all amazing.
He discussed this before and he prefer single embryo transfer vs. multiple due to risk factors. And we agreed upon it.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility Center.
I had a different care coordinator before my current care coordinator. The reason why I requested a change because my cycle was canceled on July due to miscommunication issue or failure of my previous care coordinator to follow through the process. I had my pre-assessment done in June 2021 -completed the US and all the needed testing at their clinic for insurance pre-authorization, gave my verbal consent that I want to proceed with IVF but because the care coordinator forgot that I gave consent the next cycle was canceled due to no insurance pre-authorization yet. I was really upset because that month (July) that we missed the ultrasound could have been a better month when it comes to follicle count. The month of June I had 8 follicles counted via ultrasound. The month of July was missed. The month of August until September was very low count from 1-4 follicles.
Corona

Dr. Lin is very good at what he does, and his attitude reflects that. He is not warm and friendly, but I'm not doing IVF to make friends. You go to Dr. Lin for his expertise and high success rates, NOT his bedside manner...He is blunt. You should have your questions ready for every appt. He will scribble numbers on your chart, but you need to be ready to ask him what things mean, and what is the next step.
The [Reproductive Fertility Center - Irvine] clinic has a high success rate, and therefore high prices! Full payment is due up front. At no point was I ever given finance options, so know your plan going in...All of the nursing staff are awesome. They more than make up for the doctor's brusque manner. They remember your name and where you are in your treatment and greet you warmly when you enter. Paula and Tara were great with follow up calls and emails to answer any questions I had
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I saw the doctor every visit. While he is quite blunt, I appreciate his honesty. His staff is quite warm, and makes up for Dr. Lin's bedside manner
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula Hagan)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic has a high success rate, and therefore high prices! Full payment is due up front. At no point was I ever given finance options, so know your plan going in. Also, I was surprised how much additional research I had to do on my own to understand the process. They do not do a good job explaining everything beforehand, nor explaining complementary therapies like acupuncture or yoga, that can enhance the efficacy of treatment.
The prices are astronomical, especially when they do not offer financing. Or if it was available, it was never presented as an option. 2 rounds of IVF, not including meds or frozen embryo transfer was ~$24,000
Dr. Lin was very clear that in my case, based on my age and health history, he would only transfer one embryo at a time.
Irvine
Dr. Lin shows compassion while also showing his sense of humor, which I appreciate during this very depressing time. I have not seen the results I want yet, but will be continuing with Dr. Lin as I feel he is treating me as an individual, not a statistic.... He takes the time to make sure he goes over all options. I never felt as though he was trying to push treatment on me. He stays in the room until all my questions are answered.
I really enjoyed the nursing staff [Reproductive Fertility Ctr] at the Riverside and Irvine location, but was less than impressed with the diamond bar location. They were not as welcoming and very disorganized. They provided me with a urine cup that was for another patient.... I was an out of pocket patient because my insurance did not cover anything. They did their best to have my general doctor order what he could so that insurance would pay for what they could.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
If you do not have a sense of humor, I would not recommend seeing him. He is quirky and enjoys joking with his patients to lighten the mood while also being serious when he needs to be.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Very compassionate. They were always available to answer my calls and emails.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
I really enjoyed the nursing staff at the Riverside and Irvine location, but was less than impressed with the diamond bar location. They were not as welcoming and very disorganized. They provided me with a urine cup that was for another patient.
I was an out of pocket patient because my insurance did not cover anything. They did their best to have my general doctor order what he could so that insurance would pay for what they could. They also gave me a 50% discount for being a cash patient. I would pay after each treatment. I was not charged for follow up ultrasounds which was a relief. Overall, I think I paid about $500-$800, but that was spread out over the course of the treatment.