9.7

520 S. Virgil Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90020
213.600.8088

2021 - 2022, 9 Eggs Frozen
I feel that he [Dr. Lin] is a combination of experience and pragmatism balanced with an affable, relaxed demeanor. Once you are in your cycle, you have access to Dr. Lin via cell phone for any issues that arise...I felt that both Dr. Lin was open to my specific questions and gave mindful answers...Dr. Lin travels between OC, LA, and the IE to service his patients, and the nursing and clinical coordinator staff travel with him...I never had to see a backup doctor during my care...
When I called the main line [at Reproductive Fertility Center], I always got ahold of someone during business hours (Saturdays as well). If the person answering did not have the information, someone got back to me within a timely fashion. I found all the nurses capable and professional...it has a satellite office in Alhambra (despite being Irvine and Corona based) available for monitoring...Dr. Lin travels between OC, LA, and the IE to service his patients, and the nursing and clinical coordinator staff travel with him....
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin has been in the ART / IVF industry for a long while, and has a thriving practice. I feel that he is a combination of experience and pragmatism balanced with an affable, relaxed demeanor. Once you are in your cycle, you have access to Dr. Lin via cell phone for any issues that arise. I had a medication spill one evening, and was able to text Dr. Lin and he replied calmly, reassuringly how to handle. The office line also has an after hours service, and you have your coordinator's email as well. But knowing that in case of emergency, Dr. Lin was reachable was a nice comfort / safety. I am a patient who does a lot of reading, research, and stays in the know about elements of various protocols and trends. I felt that both Dr. Lin was open to my specific questions and gave mindful answers. One thing I appreciated, and which actually helped me choose this clinic, is that it has a satellite office in Alhambra (despite being Irvine and Corona based) available for monitoring. I was really only reviewing clinics in Los Angeles, and since Alhambra is accessible from LA, it made the difference of ruling out this practice for being OC-based (on distance alone). Dr. Lin travels between OC, LA, and the IE to service his patients, and the nursing and clinical coordinator staff travel with him. I think you have to love what you do, to want to drive into three different offices each week.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Do your homework, then go with your gut. Good luck! If you have questions about insurance or payment plans, their billing and coordinator staff are very reachable via email.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I interviewed 3 RE's from my shortlist (whittled down via extensive research), and Dr. Lin was in my final two contenders. He is the head of 3 locations and a large staff, but always had a calm, affable demeanor. He felt a like a caring uncle who is relaxed and attentive in his work.
Describe the protocols James P. Lin used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Lin did my third retrieval, after two I had done with another clinic: Antagonist, Natural Start (no priming). Began stims on Cycle Day 3. Gonal 225, Menopur 225. Cetrotide added halfway through stims. Ovidrel Trigger. The clinic offers acupuncture services and provides a list of suggested supplements. I had already been doing acupuncture from a sliding scale practitioner (sporadically, 6-months prior), as I believe in acupuncture in general and had begun supplements from "It Starts with the Egg" many months before beginning egg/embryo freezing. Results are similar to previous two cycles (different clinic) on Microdose Leuprolide Protocol aka Flare Protocol. Gonal 300, Menopur 150. Pregnyl 10000 Trigger. I asked both Dr. Lin and my previous doctor about Omnitrope, and neither seemed to feel it makes a difference. I like that both Dr. Lin and my previous doctor do not go over the combined dosage of 450 units stims, as other clinics go above this # and that is the highest dose that is statistically significant to make an impact. This is the first round that I created embryos, so I am awaiting more results.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic has a professional staff of all women. When I called the main line, I always got ahold of someone during business hours (Saturdays as well). If the person answering did not have the information, someone got back to me within a timely fashion. I found all the nurses capable and professional. Michelle who runs the front desk at Alhambra on monitoring days was 100% on top of things, with a friendly, caring demeanor, as well as a crisp professionalism. Based on her demeanor alone, I was inclined to shortlist this clinic for my care. I like that they have different locations for monitoring, as I would not have considered this clinic without their Alhambra monitoring branch. When I called my shortlist, I was able to get scheduled with Dr. Lin for a consultation ahead of schedule compared to a lot of other offices. Dr. Lin works a lot of hours (three locations) and enjoys his work. I never had to see a backup doctor during my care. I like that women generally run the day-to-day here, since fertility is a very female-centric experience. Dr. Lin provides his cell for patients that are actively cycling, and I was able to get a response immediately when I had a medication spill. Do be prepared to drive to the Irvine or Corona office if you are an Alhambra patient, as that location is only a satellite office for monitoring (bloodwork, ultrasounds) and consultations. Procedures are conducted at Irvine or Corona (I never had to go to Corona). Dr. Lin is very experienced and has been in the IVF game. My previous doctor was young and perhaps more up on the minute-to-minute trends and evolution of ART, which was a positive. However, the monitoring, being treated like human being (not a number), cleanliness and organization of the clinic was also strong here. My questions were answered respectfully and kindly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Initially I consulted with RFC under OOP pricing. The fees were comparable with two other Los Angeles Clinics I had consults with for OOP. When I ended up undergoing treatment here, I was covered under insurance, so the pricing was based on my health plan.
Describe James P. Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
I believe Dr. Lin chooses single embryo, but we did not discuss in detail, since I am at the freezing stage. Personally, I would only feel comfortable with single embryo transfer due to the risks.

2021, Successful
He [Dr. Lin] was always so open with me and took my questions seriously...He is always willing to answer them in a sweet manner & wants to make sure you feel comfortable...for transfer #2 we used all the same meds as transfer #1, but added in an intralipid infusion about 5 days before transfer. Then we added in the endometrin suppositories day after transfer along with lovenox injections in the belly. Once we got our positive beta test, we also did one more intralipid infusion.
This clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] was very clean, very put together and always had things organized! I always felt a warm welcome from each of the staff members and they made us feel so comfortable every visit...Paula [nurse] was so sweet and always called me with any news to be given! She was so compassionate when she had to give us bad news and was so excited when she got to telling good news....
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin was very confident without being cocky! He was always so open with me and took my questions seriously. He always smiled and laughed with us, while staying professional. You can tell he truly loves what he does and would do anything for his patients! He was over the moon excited when our transfer worked and would always reply to my texts with all of my questions. I also freaked out at one point and thought something was wrong with baby because my nausea went away, and Dr. Lin had me in the next morning right away to check and calm my nerves! He’s truly the best and I would recommend him to anyone going through this emotional process!
Ask all the questions you need! He is always willing to answer them in a sweet manner & wants to make sure you feel comfortable! I was very thorough and wanted to know all details of what was happening, what was next, how the injections worked and so on, and he was right there giving me all the details! Personally I love knowing exactly what’s happening and loved knowing how to explain it to family and friends!
I felt like I was welcomed into a family father than just a patient! Every time I called or walked in to the office, the staff would use my name, mentioned that they got my Christmas card and how cute it was, and just always made sure I felt safe! They are just wonderful! Also they were so excited to finally tell us we were pregnant and the whole office was smiling and telling me congratulations when we visited!
We started with Follistim in the beginning but he didn’t see enough growth in my follicles, so we switched to menopur for timed intercourse. Then ovidrel for our ovulation injection 36 hours before timed intercourse. And started endometrin suppositories at that started the night the night after we tried. We also started on folic acid and Levothyroxine added to my prenatal vitamins early on, and continued throughout. We used high doses of menopur leading up to our egg retrieval, as well as Follistim, ovidrel & cetrotide the day before retrieval. After egg retrieval we did estrace & progesterone pills for our endoscratch & uterine lining check. Going into transfers, we started with estrace, then added progesterone in oil injections in the rear along with the azithromycin pack, methylpredisone pack & low dose aspirin about 6 days leading up to transfer #1. Day after transfer we started the endometrin suppositories again until our Beta test. This one unfortunately did not take. So we went into an ERA. ERA was very similar to the transfer meds. Then for transfer #2 we used all the same meds as transfer #1, but added in an intralipid infusion about 5 days before transfer. Then we added in the endometrin suppositories day after transfer along with lovenox injections in the belly. Once we got our positive beta test, we also did one more intralipid infusion. We continued progesterone in oil injections, lovenox injections, estrace, endometrin & folic acid throughout most of the first trimester and started weening off the meds around week 10, and will fully finish on week 13. (I think this is everything)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula)
Paula, Tara and the nursing staff were all Wonderful! Paula was so sweet and always called me with any news to be given! She was so compassionate when she had to give us bad news and was so excited when she got to telling good news! She always made sure to call me back if she was in a meeting when I called, and always made sure I felt comfortable. She always made time for me and my husband to come in and always made us feel so welcomed! I am so grateful for this team!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
This clinic was very clean, very put together and always had things organized! I always felt a warm welcome from each of the staff members and they made us feel so comfortable every visit. They were so compassionate and truly so happy for us when we finally got pregnant! They also were so good with our questions and keeping us in the loop on everything that was going on and what the next steps were! So grateful for this team! Also loved the acupuncturists on site! Iris and Meredith were both so relaxing and really calmed my nerves! So lucky to be apart of this wonderful team!
The cost was pricey but they were so good about offering a payment plan if needed. They also were well worth the money. I always felt like I knew it would work and I knew they were the team to make it happen! $19,500 for egg retrieval $3,800 for each transfer $700 for ERA $500 for intralipid infusion $110 for each acupuncture appointment Obviously some other costs were associated throughout the processes & also had medication costs which added up quickly. Don’t remember the cost for timed intercourse treatments. We paid for each individual appointment. $250 for blood work and ultrasound More or less depending on what we did each appointment.

2021, Successful
We saw Dr Saadat at every appointment from start to finish which is rare for a doctor as busy as him. He explained the process and steps in detail and made it easier to navigate through. Dr Saadat was flexible with schedules and made sure we were taken care of with his staff...Very personable and easy to work with...
Saba [nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center] was very nice and had great bedside manner. She kept us informed of our appointment and any updates that needed to be transferred by the doctor. Saba was easy to reach and ask questions when needed which was nice in this process...We always felt welcomed when we entered the clinic and built a good relationship with everyone who worked in the front area...
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
We saw Dr Saadat at every appointment from start to finish which is rare for a doctor as busy as him. He explained the process and steps in detail and made it easier to navigate through. Dr Saadat was flexible with schedules and made sure we were taken care of with his staff. The process was fast and painless and we got the results we were hoping for in the end.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Ask whatever questions you have and follow the instructions and recommendations advised by the doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Very personable and easy to work with. Took good care of use throughout the process
Describe the protocols Peyman Saadat used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I dont remember the specifics of our process but we had to start with sperm analysis and egg retrieval. My wife had to do a minor surgery to clear up her uterus for any transfers of embryos. She had to take a list of medications and shots to prepare her for the egg retrieval and transfer of embryos. The medication continued from there as she had to limit her activity for maximum healing and embryo implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Saba)
Saba was very nice and had great bedside manner. She kept us informed of our appointment and any updates that needed to be transferred by the doctor. Saba was easy to reach and ask questions when needed which was nice in this process
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic was calm and comfortable to visit. The clinic was well maintained and always clean for guest. We always felt welcomed when we entered the clinic and built a good relationship with everyone who worked in the front area
Peyman Saadat
Corona

2018 - 2021, Successful
She’s [Dr. Goldstein is] kind, empathic and sensitive. I appreciate how she personally delivers sensitive information (good and bad news) either in person or over the phone. I also appreciate how she manages to tell you the truth, address all barriers while also leaving a sliver of hope there. I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns.
They [Reproductive Fertility Center] are open on the weekends which makes it nice for those that work. Parking was available on site (although you had to pay). Waiting times were minimal. I think I only had one appointment where I had to wait a while. Staff and Dr. Goldstein are always available...appointments never felt rushed and she [Dr. Goldstein] always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldstein is the best. I can’t recommend her more. She’s kind, empathic and sensitive. I appreciate how she personally delivers sensitive information (good and bad news) either in person or over the phone. I also appreciate how she manages to tell you the truth, address all barriers while also leaving a sliver of hope there. I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns. She truly cares about her patients. When we got pregnant, she was just as excited as we were.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to call her and make an appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
She was kind, empathic, and sensitive to our needs.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
They are open on the weekends which makes it nice for those that work. Parking was available on site (although you had to pay). Waiting times were minimal. I think I only had one appointment where I had to wait a while. Staff and Dr. Goldstein are always available.
Ellen Goldstein
Los Angeles

Dr James P Lin was very clear on what could be done and what stages he recommended for us to follow. Excellent bed manners and very kind and honest about the results and expectations. During the Covid epidemic he has followed up with us over the phone and letting us know the status and reassuring us that once it's possible to continue we will do so...Dr Lin and his staff have excellent manners and always follow up over the phone and remember you.
Excellent service [at Reproductive Fertility Center], very responsive, great location, very nice and clean, always agreeable and it feels like a spa. Making you feel relaxed and safe...Our Care coordinator has always been very helpful in our whole process as well as the whole staff. Always helpful, kind and respectful. Making sure that we are comfortable and understand what is going on. We really like that they truly involved my husband as well and he feels listen and understood.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr James P Lin was very clear on what could be done and what stages he recommended for us to follow. Excellent bed manners and very kind and honest about the results and expectations. During the Covid epidemic he has followed up with us over the phone and letting us know the status and reassuring us that once it's possible to continue we will do so. He cares about our safety and the regulations dictated.
You need to meet the Doctors and their staff before making a decision you need to feel comfortable and understood. My husband and I felt that way with Dr. James P. Lin.
Like a human Dr Lin and his staff have excellent manners and always follow up over the phone and remember you.
We got pregnant before visiting Dr. Lin but we had a miscaraige and due to our age we decided to move forward since we have been trying for a long tome to get pregnant. Doctor Lin was highly recommended by my OB/GYN after our consultation he advised us to start with the UI no more than 3 times. We understood that the % is only 20% but we wanted to try this first as it is less aggressive to the body. We are now waiting to start our IVF hopefully soon after the COVID pandemic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula Hagen)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Excellent service, very responsive, great location, very nice and clean, always agreeable and it feels like a spa. Making you feel relaxed and safe. The color are very soothing and it feels that the clinic is well taken care off.
We are very blessed that my husband insurance covers 90% of the infertility cost
we haven't arrived to this stage yet
2017 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. Jabara] was saddened along side me when a cycle failed. He spent a lot of time talking with me and going through options (sometimes more than once)... could not ask for a more knowledgeable and caring doctor on this journey. Dr. Jabara is factual and supportive. He was encouraging when I needed and said things that I didn’t know I needed to hear until our conversations. He was straightforward in discussing potential outcomes and was up to date on current research. He is collaborative with colleagues and sought out other options on my behalf. I tried another doctor and clinic and came back to Dr. Jabara to continue the pursuit of my dream to have a child.
Third IVF cycle [at Reproductive Fertility Center] used antagonist protocol with poor response so converted to IUI. Fourth cycle routine protocol with increased Gonal F. Retrieved 13 eggs, 9 fertilized, 6 blasts all had multiple complex abnormalities On PGS...Lizette [nurse] was excellent. She always followed through and did what she said she would do. She responded in a timely manner and was kind
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I could not ask for a more knowledgeable and caring doctor on this journey. Dr. Jabara is factual and supportive. He was encouraging when I needed and said things that I didn’t know I needed to hear until our conversations. He was straightforward in discussing potential outcomes and was up to date on current research. He is collaborative with colleagues and sought out other options on my behalf. I tried another doctor and clinic and came back to Dr. Jabara to continue the pursuit of my dream to have a child.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
He was saddened along side me when a cycle failed. He spent a lot of time talking with me and going through options (sometimes more than once).
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did 5 IUIs with Clomid and later injectable hormones resulting in one chemical pregnancy and the rest negative. Moved onto IVF, two cycles with routine protocol, donor sperm, ICIS, and PGS. First cycle resulted in one PGS normal embryo, frozen transfer and negative pregnancy test. Did a hysteroscopy and antibody testing all normal. Second cycle adjusted start of progesterone and took corticosteroids. Frozen transfer of one PGS tested embryo resulting in a negative pregnancy test. Third IVF cycle used antagonist protocol with poor response so converted to IUI. Fourth cycle routine protocol with increased Gonal F. Retrieved 13 eggs, 9 fertilized, 6 blasts all had multiple complex abnormalities On PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lizette )
Lizette was excellent. She always followed through and did what she said she would do. She responded in a timely manner and was kind
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic had early morning appointment before work, which was very helpful. The clinic was easy to communicate with. Mostly went in the early mornings when I did go later it was much busier and other nursing staff was not as responsive as the head coordinator.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Costs were comparable
Sami Jabara
2016 - 2020, Successful
My experience with Dr. Sadaat has been really good, nice, caring, and informative from day one of service...he asked me a lot of questions about my cycle health and then gave me a list of all the test that I needed to have done. It was a lot of blood work such as: Rubella, FSH, HIV 1&2, TSH, LH, Prolactin, Progesterone, Testosterone, HSG, Chromosome Analysis, and MTHFR DNA Mutation. Then once all of my test was in and everything was good then Dr. Sadaat informed me on what my treatment would be going forward
My nurse [at Reproductive Fertility Center] was really nice and sweet. I always had a good experience every time I went into the office...With the IUI itself cost about 1200 and with donor sperm 966 and with the trigger shot 125 and clomid was 10...He [Dr. Saadat] has had a lot of success with patients that has PCOS and patients that has a blood clotting disorder as well
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. Sadaat has been really good, nice, caring, and informative from day one of service. This is why I went to him in the 1st place. He has had a lot of success with patients that has PCOS and patients that has a blood clotting disorder as well. These women that have these disorders or PCOS have gotten pregnant and have given birth to babies. I'm hoping the for the same outcome for myself.
Just be patient and it will all work out for you. Just know that your baby is on it's way. Stay positive.
Dr. Saadat is a nice and caring and informative
For me I had the consultation with Dr. Sadaat and he asked me a lot of questions about my cycle health and then gave me a list of all the test that I needed to have done. It was a lot of blood work such as: Rubella, FSH, HIV 1&2, TSH, LH, Prolactin, Progesterone, Testosterone, HSG, Chromosome Analysis, and MTHFR DNA Mutation. Then once all of my test was in and everything was good then Dr. Sadaat informed me on what my treatment would be going forward. I decided to do the IUI because I already know I could get pregnant but didn't know why I was having miscarriages. I moved forward with my treatment and which included me taking clomid for twice a day for seven days started on the 3rd day of my cycle. Also had to scan my follicles on day one of my cycle to see how many follicles I had at the time. After my cycle went off then I had to go into the doctors office every other day to check my follicle growth. After so many follicle scans and once they reach the size of 20MM it was a go for insemination to happen. 24 or 30 hours before insemination I had to inject myself with the Ovidrel shot (trigger shot) in order for me to ovulate. At that time of insemination the sperm is supposed to meet the egg. From there I had to wait 2 weeks to check my beta. At that time I found out I was pregnant but very low positive. Dr. Sadaat then put me on progesterone pills because it was low and he also informed me it could be a possibility of having a miscarriage. A couple days later I had my 2nd beta test and my numbers didn't double at all. A few days after I started to bleed and passing big blood clots. I had lost my baby. It was confirmed at my 3rd beta test no longer pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center.
My nurse was really nice and sweet. I always had a good experience every time I went into the office.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
I have nothing bad to say because my experience has been excellent from the doctor to the nurses everyone has been good to me. I would definitely suggest Dr. Sadaat to anyone that's trying to start a family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Describe Peyman Saadat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
I haven't done any embryo transfers yet.
Peyman Saadat
Los Angeles

Dr. Lin personally performed every ultrasound and procedure. He is passionate about his work and is always patient and understanding when answering our questions...He is experienced with autoimmune conditions and was able to design a custom protocol for me...he is patient and understanding, and most importantly, respectful to our requests....
Paula and the entire nursing staff [at Reproductive Fertility Center] are caring and supportive. They will make every effort to ensure we have a successful outcome. Paula addressed all our questions and concerns over email and we're very happy with her care...There have been many times they worked after hours to order medication and sort out insurance issues etc. Sometimes for late morning visits, their appointments are backed up slightly but it's understandable since Dr. Lin always takes his time to answer all the questions from his patients.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin is an industry leading expert who cares deeply about his patient, he is always innovating and looking for ways to improve his patients' success. At the same time he is patient and understanding, and most importantly, respectful to our requests. He is experienced with autoimmune conditions and was able to design a custom protocol for me, which ultimately allowed us to have a healthy baby boy!
Trust Dr. Lin's recommendations, he is a scientist and evaluates every situation in terms of probabilities and will strive for the best outcome possible.
1st cycle: antagonist protocol - follistim, menopur, ganirelix to moderate follicle growth, retrieve as many eggs as possible 2nd cycle: lupron down-regulation, follistim, menopur, ganirelix before retrieval 3rd cycle: HGH supplemental to follistim, menopur, ganirelix before retrieval
Paula and the entire nursing staff are caring and supportive. They will make every effort to ensure we have a successful outcome. Paula addressed all our questions and concerns over email and we're very happy with her care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The entire RFC staff will go above and beyond to make sure patients are well taken care of. There have been many times they worked after hours to order medication and sort out insurance issues etc. Sometimes for late morning visits, their appointments are backed up slightly but it's understandable since Dr. Lin always takes his time to answer all the questions from his patients.
52k total cost accounting for all medication, retrievals, transfers, and treatments.
In my case, I was a high risk patient due to my autoimmune condition so it was a clear decision to only do single transfer.

2015 - 2019, Successful
I could not have asked for a better doctor to help me on my fertility journey. She [Dr. Rubal] was incredibly knowledgeable and explained each procedure in detail so there were no surprises. She truly cares and considers each patient when creating a game plan for treatment. ... During my 6 cycles of IUI we did clomid and progesterone. Once we progressed to IVF we did clomid, hormone shots.
They [Reproductive Fertility Center] were clean and friendly. The whole staff was always helpful and the nurses were great at explaining how to administer the medication. They would go over it until you were comfortable doing it on your own. ... It cost around $30,000 for everything including egg retrieval, freezing for a few months, medication and embryo transfer ... They were caring and very responsive with emails.
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I could not have asked for a better doctor to help me on my fertility journey. She was incredibly knowledgeable and explained each procedure in detail so there were no surprises. She truly cares and considers each patient when creating a game plan for treatment. She is incredibly drywall oriented and I was always comfortable asking her questions and she welcomed them knowing that I was nervous and scared to be doing IVF. We are beyond grateful for having a doctor like her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Trust her, but don’t be afraid to ask questions even if you think they are ridiculous. Just know that she will always explain the process in great detail.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Reproductive Fertility Center?
She is genuinely caring about her patients, she takes the time to get to know you and really listens.
Describe the protocols Lauren Alexandra Rubal used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
During my 6 cycles of IUI we did clomid and progesterone. Once we progressed to IVF we did clomid, hormone shots. Once we did the transfer I was doing progesterone suppositories as well as progesterone oil injections, blood thinner injections, baby aspirin and prednisone for 14 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility Center.
They were caring and very responsive with emails.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
They were clean and friendly. The whole staff was always helpful and the nurses were great at explaining how to administer the medication. They would go over it until you were comfortable doing it on your own.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Describe Lauren Alexandra Rubal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
We decided to only transfer 1 of my eggs for several reasons. The potential for carrying multiples can create a difficult pregnancy, the babies could have been born too early. I was a already slightly over weight and it could have been more difficult for me gaining too much weight. We just decided to be conservative with it.
Lauren Alexandra Rubal
Irvine

[Protocol with Dr. Kashani] We did high dose menopur (2 vials) and follisitim 450 units for 11 days instead of the projected 9 because my follicles weren’t growing as expected. I have 1 ovary and we were able to retrieve 18 eggs...She remember details about my personal life and my partners medication condition (lupus). She was and continues to be warm, compassionate, empathetic, and dedicated to helping us conceive. She knows how long and hard his journey has been and still continues to be.
$15000 for egg retrieval, PGS (up to 8 ) [at Reproductive Fertility Center]...Able to get a lot of patients in for ultrasounds and lab draws. They can improve on making sure all needed test are done before Egg retrieval...The NP for the center is intelligent but can don’t expect too much warmth or compassion from her. She is kind but not as empathetic as my amazing doctor. Being a nurse, I have high expectations for other healthcare workers displaying true compassion.
How was your experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
She made me feel comfortable during very difficult times such as my partner not having any sperm is his sperm samples, the fear oF IVF possibly not even being an option for us. She referred us to an amazing urologist who was able to perform a procedure to aspirate sperm from his testicles that we used for IVF. She genuinely wanted to be updated on our progress with the urologist every step of the way. She even called me on her day off. I only know it was her day off because the nurse in her office emailed me to tell me dr Kashani was off today but she should contact me when she returns. 1 hour later dr Kashani called me with such joy in her voice because they finally found sperm in my partner. She is intelligent, honest, realistic while maintaining optimism.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Trust her with all of your thoughts and emotions. She is here for you .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Banafsheh Kashani used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lesly Hoyos )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Able to get a lot of patients in for ultrasounds and lab draws. They can improve on making sure all needed test are done before Egg retrieval. As the patient, ask as many questions as you can, make a list of your Questions, email them, call them. Don’t ever feel bad about contacting them. They are there for you and never hesitate to reach out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center.
$15000 for egg retrieval, PGS (up to 8 )
Irvine
He [Dr. Lin] truly shows compassion while also being honest about your case. I saw him regularly which created trust between us and didn’t just feel like a number in the practice. ... The doctor has also been the one to do my scans and consults immediately after which is not the same at other practices. ... I was almost 41 so we decided to do embryo preservation over the past year to ensure I had enough embryos before transferring knowing my egg reserve would be diminishing.
Reproductive fertility center has been a great experience for me. I found the entire staff from front desk, financial/billing, nursing and doctor truly supporting me in this journey. I’ve gone through 6 egg retrieval’s here and will be transferring this month. ... The office stafff is so wonderful and caring. I don’t feel like a number in the office like I have in other practices. ... Paula [nurse] is amazing. So kind and caring. Super responsive as well!
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin is one of the nicest fertility doctors I’ve been too. He truly shows compassion while also being honest about your case. I saw him regularly which created trust between us and didn’t just feel like a number in the practice. I would highly recommend him and his practice.
The office stafff is so wonderful and caring. I don’t feel like a number in the office like I have in other practices. The doctor has also been the one to do my scans and consults immediately after which is not the same at other practices.
After seeing Dr. Lin for the first time, I was almost 41 so we decided to do embryo preservation over the past year to ensure I had enough embryos before transferring knowing my egg reserve would be diminishing. I felt like over that time period he was really able to understand my body and learn what he needed to adjust for my cycles. I am doing my first transfer this month and feel confident that he has learned what will work best for me.
Paula is amazing. So kind and caring. Super responsive as well!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Lin does prefer to single embryo transfers given risks of multiples pregnancies. I think you can convince him to do multiple embryos but he will definitely lay out risks.
Irvine
Dr Jabara has such a kind heart and is very compassionate, he cares for his patients genuinely and wants them to get the end result they are trying to achieve...I am so happy I met him and was lucky enough to have him as my doctor. He spoke to me with care, honesty, and knowledge...He always goes above and beyond to explain the process in detail until you understand and are comfortable with the information. I felt a feeling of trust with him and knew I didn't have to worry or second guess anything he advised me on my treatment. I saw him at Reproduction Fertility on Sunset not USC.
Jackie [nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center] was awesome. She was always on top of my treatment plan/appointments. My medications were always ordered and delivered on time. She was extremely positive, optimistic, and happy during the process which helps a lot because so many mixed emotions come with the treatment process...The clinic is awesome, the staff who works there was amazing. Every person I dealt with in associate with the clinic was great and easy to work with. I would suggest getting an email address especially if your appointments are early in the morning to have a method of communication in case you can't reach someone by phone.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I am so happy I met him and was lucky enough to have him as my doctor. He spoke to me with care, honesty, and knowledge. He truly cares about his patients and is very compassionate, empathetic, and considerate. He always goes above and beyond to explain the process in detail until you understand and are comfortable with the information. I felt a feeling of trust with him and knew I didn't have to worry or second guess anything he advised me on my treatment. I saw him at Reproduction Fertility on Sunset not USC.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Go see him ASAP!!
I don't remember the exact medications and dosages by name but we did one treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie was awesome. She was always on top of my treatment plan/appointments. My medications were always ordered and delivered on time. She was extremely positive, optimistic, and happy during the process which helps a lot because so many mixed emotions come with the treatment process.
Sami Jabara
Irvine

Dr Park was really knowledgeable with Low ovarian reserve she didn’t prescribe me so much medicine because she didn’t wanna overstimulate me and try to have good eggs. Dr park advises that she would recommend me to do PGS testing since of previous chemicals but since we only had 2 embryo we declined since it’s to pricy. I also ask dr to see if she recommended ErA and she didn’t not sure if this would of helped with my success but not I don’t have any more embryos to try :( not sure if it’s eggs or good timing of transfer
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] well ran they open early and always pick up phone. Everything is in the same floor. When I email them they reply fast The office has never give me any issues even the billing person helped me with the payments and I was not over charged ... All the people in office where so helpful ... I was charged correctly I haven’t received any extra unexpected bills
How was your experience with Alice Park at Reproductive Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Park at Reproductive Fertility Center?
She explains everything
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Park at Reproductive Fertility Center?
She always took the time with us and always joked around with my husband and i
Describe the protocols Alice Park used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
With dr park we did 150 menopour and Clomid 150... we did not use ganirelix but we did trigger shot. We retrieve 8 eggs and she also did a sis and iCSi
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rosio/christie)
All the people in office where so helpful
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic well ran they open early and always pick up phone. Everything is in the same floor. When I email them they reply fast The office has never give me any issues even the billing person helped me with the payments and I was not over charged
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Park at Reproductive Fertility Center.
I was charged correctly I haven’t received any extra unexpected bills
Describe Alice Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr provided us the risk of we transferred 2
Alice Park
Irvine

I can’t say enough positive things about her! She is extremely knowledgeable and is an excellent doctor while still being a constant source of support. Dr. Kashani truly cares about her patients. My egg retrieval was a huge success. And Dr. Kashani called me almost everyday after to check up on me and informed me of day 5 embryos. She always called me with test results and explained next steps... She is great at explaining and giving you information.
Clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] is very nice and even though they are busy I never had to wait long. All the staff is kind and you feel you are in a good place. They really help with ordering medications and getting you everything you need. They provide helpful calendars. The financial department is very good as well...She [Dr. Kashani] would adjust my medication based on ultra sounds or past experiences, she did blood work more than to get an accurate idea of what was going on, and she recommended tests that were helpful.
I would advise to ask any questions you have. She is great at explaining and giving you information.
Dr. Kashani always took the time to speak with after every visit. She explained every process and treatment. Dr. Kashani checked in on me after my miscarriage and I really felt she was with me every step of my fertility journey.
She would adjust my medication based on ultra sounds or past experiences, she did blood work more than to get an accurate idea of what was going on, and she recommended tests that were helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Clinic is very nice and even though they are busy I never had to wait long. All the staff is kind and you feel you are in a good place. They really help with ordering medications and getting you everything you need. They provide helpful calendars. The financial department is very good as well.
Irvine

[Reproductive Fertility Center appointments] they always squeezed me on whether it was 6am or weekends. It took the stress off a lot as IVF is already stressful enough...$27,000 total including IUI, IVF, genetic testing, and all medications...We wanted a multiple embryo transfer and Dr Kashani was open to our wishes but she did state all of the risks and made us sign paperwork verifying that we understood the risks. We transferred 2 embryos
Dr Kashani was warm and really cared about us and our journey. She took her time getting to know us and we didn’t feel rushed at all. She explained everything in detail until we understood.... my husband’s second language is English so he needed some repetition explaining the process and she was so very patient doing so. I even called her when I was working nightshift once to ask a question and she actually answered my call and talked me through the meds. I would trust Dr Kashani with any of my loved ones, she’s really made for her role as an infertility physician.
Don’t ever change! You are amazing!
Dr Kashani was so down to earth and really talked to us like we were long time friends or family of hers. She always made us feel comfortable asking questions and repeating any details that we didn’t understand
I’m sorry but I don’t remember all the details now.
The nurses are at reproductive fertility partners and not tied to Dr Kashani. They were pretty good overall, but not as warm and caring as Kashani
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
This clinic was amazingly flexible. I work as an ER nurse and have some crazy hours and they always squeezed me on whether it was 6am or weekends. It took the stress off a lot as IVF is already stressful enough.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Again, pretty flexible with timing
$27,000 total including IUI, IVF, genetic testing, and all medications
Describe Banafsheh Kashani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
We wanted a multiple embryo transfer and Dr Kashani was open to our wishes but she did state all of the risks and made us sign paperwork verifying that we understood the risks. We transferred 2 embryos but unfortunately only 1 baby made it.
Irvine
Both nurse practioner and a case manager [at Reproductive Fertility Center] were very experienced, knowledgeable and willing to answer questions. Their responses in time was very helpful for us throughout the journey. We are very thankful to the entire team...[nurses are] Very polite, knowledgeable and timely in response...Go to the visit with your list of questions and Dr Kashani will gladly answer them to your satisfaction...She has been with us through the trials and tribulations of our journey and always been very practical, sensitive, patient and encouraging...Being a physician myself and knowing the challenges of the profession, I truly admire her knowledge, professionalism, timeliness and openness to explore ideas. Thanks to her, my husband and I are pregnant after battling years of infertility! She has made our dream come true and we are so very grateful to her. She has been with us through the trials and tribulations of our journey and always been very practical, sensitive, patient and encouraging. I give her my highest recommendations as a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility treatment specialist.
Dr Kashani is a very confident, courteous and highly knowledgeable professional. She keeps herself current with the latest advancements in medicine and she recommended evidence based treatments while also respecting my wishes and opinions. She was accessible when needed and responded to my many questions in a timely manner. With Dr. Kashani, you can always expect exceptional, professional care with a personal touch. Being a physician myself and knowing the challenges of the profession, I truly admire her knowledge, professionalism, timeliness and openness to explore ideas. Thanks to her, my husband and I are pregnant after battling years of infertility! She has made our dream come true and we are so very grateful to her. She has been with us through the trials and tribulations of our journey and always been very practical, sensitive, patient and encouraging. I give her my highest recommendations as a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility treatment specialist.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Very polite, knowledgeable and timely in response
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Both nurse practioner and a case manager were very experienced, knowledgeable and willing to answer questions. Their responses in time was very helpful for us throughout the journey. We are very thankful to the entire team
Irvine

We are very pleased with the services provided by Dr. Rosencrantz and his team [Repro Fert Ctr]. ... All procedures were fully explained and they took time to answer our questions. ... We are extremely thankful for the professionalism of Dr. Rosencrantz and his help for us to achieve our beloved pregnancy. ... We have been very pleased with the level of care provided, and recommend Dr. Rosencrantz and his team.
The office [Reproductive Fertility Center] is clean and well run. The only downside is it is busy at times, but the staff makes you feel welcome. Parking and access to the office is very convenient. We would recommend Dr. Rosencrantz and his team to anyone. ... Everyone who works there is prompt and attentive to your concerns. ... The staff has always been friendly and addressed our every concern on every visit, and between visits
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
We are very pleased with the services provided by Dr. Rosencrantz and his team. The staff has always been friendly and addressed our every concern on every visit, and between visits. All procedures were fully explained and they took time to answer our questions. The office is clean and well managed. We have been very pleased with the level of care provided, and recommend Dr. Rosencrantz and his team. We are extremely thankful for the professionalism of Dr. Rosencrantz and his help for us to achieve our beloved pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to make the visit. You will feel well cared for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Everyone who works there is prompt and attentive to your concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The office is clean and well run. The only downside is it is busy at times, but the staff makes you feel welcome. Parking and access to the office is very convenient. We would recommend Dr. Rosencrantz and his team to anyone.
Marcus Rosencrantz
Irvine

I felt like a human because he [Dr. James Lin] made me feel warm and welcomed at his clinic he never once made me feel that he is in this for the money...he made sure i understood everything he was saying to.me and answered all my questions...He always takes his time to explain all treatments and answer all my questions...start with lotrozole and timed intercourse and from there if unsuccessful we would do letreozel plus hsg and ijectibles followed with iui.
I think their biggest strength [at Reproductive Fertility Center] is that they have everything there in one clinic lab, ultrasound,semen analysis everything wich is very convinient. Also all the nurses, med techs, ultrasound techs are all very caring and professional especially the ultrasound techs tell you exactly whats going on with your ovaries, uterus everything...I have 2 coordinators and they always make sure to make me feel warm and always answer my questions or concerns and if not available and i have to leave a message they call back fast wich in this type of treatment is crucial
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
He was kind and welcoming. He always takes his time to explain all treatments and answer all my questions. He doe not seem like the kind of doctor who is in it for the money he seem and feels genuinely caring.
To write down all questions you may have for him and set ayleast an hour to meet with him so you can be thorough with all treatments and medications.
I felt like a human because he made me feel warm and welcomed at his clinic he never once made me feel that he is in this for the money he made sure i understood everything he was saying to.me and answered all my questions
We decided since i have a 12 year old daughter and have been pregnant 2 other times that its better that i start with lotrozole and timed intercourse and from there if unsuccessful we would do letreozel plus hsg and ijectibles followed with iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tara and Paula)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
I think their biggest strength is that they have everything there in one clinic lab, ultrasound,semen analysis everything wich is very convinient. Also all the nurses, med techs, ultrasound techs are all very caring and professional especially the ultrasound techs tell you exactly whats going on with your ovaries, uterus everything wich i trulu love since i like to be aware of whats happening with my cycle
1,000-1,500
Irvine
She [Dr. Kashani] is kind, informative, compassionate, and takes her time. She doesn’t tread lightly and wants to make sure all bases are covered to get the best result possible. Even though the results of previous tests determined that my uterus was normal, she is concerned that I have a septum uterus and going through extra steps to have me get an MRI of my pelvis to see how severe the septum is before implanting...is thorough and answers all of my questions. She makes time for me and makes me feel valued. She is never rushed to see the next patient.
They [staff at Reproductive Fertility Center] give you information as needed instead of telling you how everything will go up front. It can be nerve racking if you are a planner type and want to know what’s next in the process...They [nurses] were well informed and thorough...Even though the results of previous tests determined that my uterus was normal, she [Dr. Kashani] is concerned that I have a septum uterus and going through extra steps to have me get an MRI of my pelvis to see how severe the septum is before implanting.
She is kind, informative, compassionate, and takes her time. She doesn’t tread lightly and wants to make sure all bases are covered to get the best result possible. Even though the results of previous tests determined that my uterus was normal, she is concerned that I have a septum uterus and going through extra steps to have me get an MRI of my pelvis to see how severe the septum is before implanting.
Dr Kashani is thorough and answers all of my questions. She makes time for me and makes me feel valued. She is never rushed to see the next patient.
Her strategy is to be as well informed and thorough as possible. She wants to do extra tests to make sure she has as much knowledge as possible so she can make the most informed decisions and plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lesly, Heidi and Cindy )
They were well informed and thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
They give you information as needed instead of telling you how everything will go up front. It can be nerve racking if you are a planner type and want to know what’s next in the process. Also, don’t pee until you have checked in for your appointment. There are times they need a urine test and won’t tell you when booking the appointment.
All the costs you could possibly imagine haha
Irvine

Dr. Lin is a data driven medical professional... and provides his clinical insight regarding the appropriate procedures for the gameplan. Dr. Lin is highly professional and yet displays empathy regarding the struggles associated with infertility.... I have a medical diagnosis of a pituitary tumor (cyst) and due to this I have been on medication (Cabergoline) to help reduce my prolactin levels which are important in trying to get pregnant. In addition my husbands sperm were concerning regarding his morphology and motility.
The clinics [Reproductive Fertility Center] strengths is their effectiveness in communicating with their patients the procedures and medication use, etc. The atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and very clean. Undergoing the stress of already dealing with infertility, this agency provided the emotional and financial support to its patients. Communication is very important when dealing within infertility and this staff is phenomenal.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Lin is a data driven medical professional (which is exactly what I like regarding any medical concerns) and provides his clinical insight regarding the appropriate procedures for the gameplan. Dr. Lin is highly professional and yet displays empathy regarding the struggles associated with infertility.
To ask any questions and/or concerns that you may have, Dr. Lin is the medical expert and has many years of experience which made me feel supported through this journey.
Dr. Lin and Reproductive Fertility Center staff are welcoming and very patient in explaining all of the procedures. I felt welcome to address any concerns that I/we had regarding infertility and our specific situation.
I have a medical diagnosis of a pituitary tumor (cyst) and due to this I have been on medication (Cabergoline) to help reduce my prolactin levels which are important in trying to get pregnant. In addition my husbands sperm were concerning regarding his morphology and motility. Due to this Dr. Lin's treatment strategy was to attempt IUI with oral medications as this was less invasive and a possibility of 5-18% success rate and then move on to IVF (once we were ready and this has a success rate of 50-65%) based upon the data.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cook)
Jennifer is absolutely helpful throughout this whole process and communicates efficiently. The atmosphere provided since day one with this agency has been great. I have asked many questions and Jennifer has been able to walk me through the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinics strengths is their effectiveness in communicating with their patients the procedures and medication use, etc. The atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and very clean. Undergoing the stress of already dealing with infertility, this agency provided the emotional and financial support to its patients. Communication is very important when dealing within infertility and this staff is phenomenal.
IUI; $1,600 (medications/procedure) Infertility Consultation: $150 meds for pituitary tumor: $50 blood pregnancy test: $90

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Rosencrantz always took the time to explain what was going on, what procedures we should try and what the likely outcomes would be. He has a great way of making sure you understand the reality of fertility treatments with honest upfront information, but has such great compassion and made us feel like we were all a team working towards the ultimate goal (pregnancy).
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center-Irvine] was clean and inviting. The wait time was never very long and the staff was always caring. I was able to ship my medicine to them (as it needed a signature for drop off) and they would hold it for me until I could swing by and get it.... The nursing staff was amazing. They were all so caring and accommodating. My care coordinator was always willing to answer my "stupid" questions and did so with such grace and a smile. She never made be feel like I was asking stupid questions and always willing to find out that answers for me.
Strengths: - explained what was going on, what procedures we should try and what the likely outcomes would be - compassionate - honest and upfront with reality of fertility treatments - always checked in with me - willing to listen to my concerns and ideas
With any doctor, research on your own so that you all can come to the table with ideas.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean and inviting. The wait time was never very long and the staff was always caring. I was able to ship my medicine to them (as it needed a signature for drop off) and they would hold it for me until I could swing by and get it.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Rosencrantz definitely explained the trade offs of doing eSET vs. multiple embryo transfers. Since we had done PGS he felt eSET would be a better approach for us. This lowers the chance of multiples significantly, which would have been good for us as I am a small human being and commented to him about my doubts around being able to successfully carry multiples.
Marcus Rosencrantz
Irvine

Strengths: dr Lin and his team [Reproductive Fertility Ctr] are the best. They make you feel welcome and get the job done. They will give you a detailed calendar and check in with you after each and every appointment Weakness: wait times are pretty bad. Sometimes up to an hour before being seen. They often don’t tell you when a urine sample is needed ahead of time (ps it’s the first baseline appt only). I do wish there was an online patient portal with appt reminders
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr Lin is very knowledgeable. I did not expect to see him much after our consultation but I was wrong. He performed every single visit of mine. Every ultrasound, egg retrieval and transfer was done by Dr. Lin. He made me feel like I was his top priority even though I know he’s seeing hundreds of patients. When things weren’t looking as they should, instead of cancelling my cycle he upped the meds and had me come back 3 days later to good results! I’m so thankful we picked his practice and I’m hoping our transfer goes well.
Make your appointments early and always show up early. A 6am appt may easily take until 630 to be seen. I had one 8am appt that ended up taking til 9am to be seen.
After every scan and blood test, dr Lin would have a one-on-one meeting to go over everything he just saw and how it reflected my treatment. Every afternoon of a blood test and every afternoon after the egg retrieval it reveieved personal phone calls from my coordinator to say how my levels were and how things were progressing. Emails were answered promptly and everyone was so nice
One round of IVF for egg retrieval- follistism, Ganirelex, menapur and a Lupron trigger shot. Husband was diagnosed and had mtese surgery with outside clinic. For frozen transfer: estrogen twice a day, progesterone in oil shots, prednisone, baby aspirin, folic acid, z-pack, and endometrium
Paula was available practically 24:7 via email or phone. I would get a response within a couple of hours. She answered all my questions and never made me feel rushed or crazy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Strengths: dr Lin and his team are the best. They make you feel welcome and get the job done. They will give you a detailed calendar and check in with you after each and every appointment Weakness: wait times are pretty bad. Sometimes up to an hour before being seen. They often don’t tell you when a urine sample is needed ahead of time (ps it’s the first baseline appt only). I do wish there was an online patient portal with appt reminders and medication calendars instead of printed versions.
Egg retrieval: $8800 one ivf round $600 anesthesia $1500 icsi $2500 medication $4800 pgs testing Total - $18,200 Frozen transfer $3800 for single FEt $500 assisted hatching $300 endoscratch $250 medication $1500 or fee $580 pregnancy ultrasound $635 mock transfer Total: $7,565 Total so far: :$25,765
Only discussed doing one embryo at a time. No option for two (but we knew going into it that we wouldn’t not consider this as an option)
Irvine
Dr. Kashani made me feel like her best friend. She made me feel loved and understood. She acted like she could feel like feelings of frustration and sadness that come with infertility. She always had a plan and what our next step was. She explained everything in detail to make sure I understood what we were doing.... Every time I met with Dr. Kashani she got to personally know my husband and I. She cared and made it seem like we were her only patients. She made me feel comfortable and understood. I could always contact her with any questions.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] felt welcoming and laid out all of the possibilities and options. They understand that finances are a huge part but not the only part of The ivf process. The nurse did not seem very knowledgeable during our consultation. I had a lot of questions that she was not able to answer but wrote them down and called me back, answering all of my questions.... The total cost of IVF with ICIS FET PGS was $22,000
Open up to Dr. Kashani. She wants to help and understand you.
Currently she had me do an HSG test, saline hysteroscopy (which she found something in my uterus), and then a hysteroscopy to remove it. It was very important to her to make sure my uterus was ready for ivf. She made sure to do an extensive amount of tests to make sure there were no complications for ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lesly )
The nurse was always there to communicate. I could email or call and she would call me right back. Any questions I had for the doctor she would get the answers for me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic felt welcoming and laid out all of the possibilities and options. They understand that finances are a huge part but not the only part of The ivf process. The nurse did not seem very knowledgeable during our consultation. I had a lot of questions that she was not able to answer but wrote them down and called me back, answering all of my questions.
The total cost of IVF with ICIS FET PGS was $22,000. My husbands sperm analysis was free so at least we got something!
Dr. Kashani will only do one embryo transfer if PGS testing is done. She will transfer two if no genetic testing is done.
Irvine

Dr Lin is extremely compassionate and optimistic. He explains everything he is doing and why. I felt complete trust. After having to switch to Dr Lin due to insurance I was hesitant but it was the best forced decision I could have asked for...1st and second cycles were 100 mg of clomid for 5 days. Third cycle I overstimulated on the same Dose. Fourth cycle 50 mg clomid for 5 days...The staff and Dr Lin always took their time answering any questions.
Strengths [at Reproductive Fertility Center]: clarity, optimism and friendliness of the entire staff. They were amazing at returning calls and answering any questions. The office hours were great too, I could often go before work and on lunch breaks. Very accommodating Weakness: billing coordinator changed in the middle of my time there which had a small delay...Paula, Cindy and Heidi [nurses] were amazing. I saw them for many baseline and ultrasounds since I decided to come on a lunch break and they made me feel so comfortable.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Trust his process and recommendations
The staff and Dr Lin always took their time answering any questions. Cindy and Heidi the Nurse Practioners were amazing and always returned calls promptly. The front desk staff was always courteous
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula )
Paula, Cindy and Heidi were amazing. I saw them for many baseline and ultrasounds since I decided to come on a lunch break and they made me feel so comfortable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Strengths: clarity, optimism and friendliness of the entire staff. They were amazing at returning calls and answering any questions. The office hours were great too, I could often go before work and on lunch breaks. Very accommodating Weakness: billing coordinator changed in the middle of my time there which had a small delay
I was very lucky to have most of my treatment covered by insurance. For 4 cycles I paid around 1000 out of pocket
Irvine

At first Dr. Lin and I didn't hit it off. I ask a lot of questions and I don't think he was ready for that. But I was going to him for his expertise, not bedside manner. However, after getting to know him and he getting to know me, we totally gelled. I saw him at every single visit (which I see is a luxury now that I've moved and have been being monitored by another RE) - he did my ultrasounds and always had a consult directly after. I felt really taken care of there and felt like I got what I paid for because I got to see my RE so much. He explained everything in great detail, using technical terms, which I appreciated, so I could look up exactly what he was saying later on at home. He tried to make pleasant conversation based on non-sensitive things he knew about you, i.e.... work, family etc....
Paula [a nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center] was awesome... she worked around my crazy work travel schedule. Where I wish she'd been more diligent was remembering what medicines I needed. Sometimes she'd call on something last minute that she remembered and because I travelled a ton, I'd have to have it called into a random pharmacy in whatever city I was in for work. The staff there is very nice. I've never had a bad experience with anyone. The girls who take blood are the best too. They get it right the first time everyone and it doesn't hurt.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Set the groundwork for what type of patient you are. Do you want to know everything, or will you just trust him? That way you'll both be on the same page. He can also be conservative, but not unreasonable.
Dr.Lin gives out his cell phone number and answers on the first or second ring after 6PM. He will also text you. He remembers personal things about you and uses them to make conversation or jokes every time he sees you. My nurse Paula was incredibly attentive and worked around my crazy work travel schedule every time. I moved to Tampa, FL for work during my first transfer and they checked on me everyday. They also continued my care with my second transfer which I did with them as well.
I first did Clomid (50mcg) with timed intercourse. That didn't work. Then we did an IUI with same dosage of Clomid - didn't work. After that I told him I didn't want to waste anymore time or money on IUI and Clomid, so we moved on to IVF. For my egg retrieval, I was on Gonal-F and Menopur. I was also diagnosed with a low thyroid, so 50mg levotyroxine. That protocol produced 12 eggs with 10 mature 8 fertilized 5 biopsied and 3 healthy blastocysts. He found a polyp in my uterus that cancelled my first FET and I ovulated through my second FET so on the 3rd time, he added Lupron to my cycle and was taking Lupron, Progesterone in Oil, Endometrin, Folic Acid, Pre-Natal and Levothyroxine. This cycle we transferred 1 perfect XY blastocyst and resulted in miscarriage at 8 weeks. The cycle I just ended used the same protocol as mentioned above + a pre transfer Endo-Scratch and Heparin for anti clotting since I'd had the previous miscarriage. This cycle we transferred 2 XX blastocyst and are currently 11 weeks pregnant with twins.
Paula was awesome. Like I stated before, she worked around my crazy work travel schedule. Where I wish she'd been more diligent was remembering what medicines I needed. Sometimes she'd call on something last minute that she remembered and because I travelled a ton, I'd have to have it called into a random pharmacy in whatever city I was in for work. The staff there is very nice. I've never had a bad experience with anyone. The girls who take blood are the best too. They get it right the first time everyone and it doesn't hurt.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Strengths - expertise, hours of operation, flexibility to schedule, cost, dedicated nurse, track record Opportunities - Dr bedside manner (at first), billing organization
I can't remember, but I believe we paid about $12,000 for everything.
We chose to transfer the strongest embryo first which happened to be my girl. That resulted in miscarriage. This time around, we chose to transfer the two boys knowing we wanted twins. Dr.Lin was in agreement that I was a good candidate for a multiple gestation pregnancy and agreed to transfer both.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility Center.
I've had a few times where my results were never called in to me and when I became an out of town patient, sometimes there were communication breakdowns.