Mental health counseling is not offered

Los Angeles
520 S. Virgil Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90020
213.600.8088

Dr. Saadat saw me for every single visit. He took time each visit to ASK if I had questions and then answer them so I understood. He called me with results, included my husband and I in the decision making process, and never made us feel like we were bothering him. He is truly warm and caring, which makes this whole experience so much easier...My protocol was agonist down reg. This was different than what the other clinics had done.
Elizabeth [nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center] was so warm and caring right from the start. She is incredibly patient and for the first time in this whole journey, I had a nurse that explained my calendar and instructions to me so that I got it. And still was patient when I called with a million questions. She was genuinely so happy when she called with the positive pregnancy result, it was like I was talking to my sister
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
I would make sure you take advantage of his willingness to answer questions. During an IVF cycle you can get pretty forgetful, at least I did, so it was a relief that he never got aggravated when I would ask the same question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center?
All the nurses knew my name, my husbands name and we were greeted warmly every time, both in person and on the phone. The office really cared. Dr. Saadat always remembered us as well, and we never felt rushed. We saw him for every visit. He did all the ultrasounds himself.
Describe the protocols Peyman Saadat used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth, but all the nurses were great!)
Elizabeth was so warm and caring right from the start. She is incredibly patient and for the first time in this whole journey, I had a nurse that explained my calendar and instructions to me so that I got it. And still was patient when I called with a million questions. She was genuinely so happy when she called with the positive pregnancy result, it was like I was talking to my sister
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. Staff, all of the staff, are friendly and warm and knowledgeable. Everyone there is pulling for you, and that really helps. You feel very emotionally supported. Office is beautiful. The only downside is parking is expensive, but what can you expect in West Hollywood. Try to find street parking if you can.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments, unlike other clinics, are scheduled when it fits into the patients schedule, as long as that will be okay for the cycle. In other words, anytime in the morning works if we need results same day. Later in the day is fine if the Doctor can wait for results the next morning. There is no set time, so its never like a cattle call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility Center.
IVF cycle was pretty typical for the area. About 10K plus medication. PGS added to the cost, but it is optional.
Describe Peyman Saadat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Saadat discussed everything with us, both pros and cons of single vs multiple
Peyman Saadat

2010 - 2016, Successful
For our first IVF cycle he [Dr. James Lin] used two fresh embryos. He gave us a 75% chance of at least one baby. The attempt failed. Our next cycle we transferred the three frozen embryos, he gave us a 50% chance of success and we had twins. Our third cycle was five years later, we chose to put only one embryo in because we didn’t want twins again and it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our final attempt we were going to use our last two embryos, one didn’t survive the thawing process so only one was implanted- we had a healthy baby girl.
I think the clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center-Irvine] is great! The staff is caring and knowledgeable. We chose to use them again for a second pregnancy even though it was over an hour drive because we thought it was worth it. I guess a weakness would be that sometimes Dr Lin ran late, and that was frustrating. He was always so busy.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
He really cares about his oatients getting pregnant. He also cares about his statistical success, so for him to have good numbers we needed to get pregnant so he was invested for himself too. He gives the impression of being a work-a-holic, which made me feel like I was in good hands. He answered all my questions. He was patient. He has a good sense of humor. We had such a positive experience with him that we went back to him for our second pregnancy, even though we lived an hour away.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Choose him, he is great!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
He really cared and wanted us to succeed in having a baby. We both went to USC so we would talk about football. He seemed personally invested in us getting pregnant. He took the time to answer any and all questions we had. He gave us his personal cell phone number to call him if we needed to.
Describe the protocols James P. Lin used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Wr had tried 2 cycles of IUI with another doctor to no avail. We did 1 IUI cycle with Dr Lin while taking Clomid. He said statistically if IUI doesn’t work by the third time it is unlikely to ever work, so we then moved on to IVF. I had progesterone shots and suppositories. The shots hurt a lot - even after I was done getting them, and the suppositories are gross - but none of that is Dr Lin’s fault. They were prescribed to thicken uterus lining to increase chances of implantation. There were shots to get my ovaries to hyperstimulate, which worked - I produced 14 egg. We did ICSI where he takes the best soerm and injects it into the best egg, the second best soerm into the second best egg, etc. I don’t remeber all the details, but his office gives out an easy to follow calendar which outlines which medications to take when. They also show you how to do the shots - they even drew on my with a Sharpie so my husband would know where to inject me. They give handouts with explanations for how to do everything. Dr Lin only transfers 5 day embryos, and for new patients he only does frozen embryo transfers because they have been found to be more effective.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula)
Wonderful!!! Extremely supportive through a difficult time. I highly recommend.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
I think the clinic is great! The staff is caring and knowledgeable. We chose to use them again for a second pregnancy even though it was over an hour drive because we thought it was worth it. I guess a weakness would be that sometimes Dr Lin ran late, and that was frustrating. He was always so busy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center.
First time I think it was about $25k for egg retrieval, all the medications and doctor visits for two IVF cycles. We paid upfront for a two cycle package at a discounted rate. The second pregnancy was cheaper because we didn’t need to do egg retrieval since we still had frozen embryos. I don’t remember how much, but if I had to guess, for two frozen embryos cycles including medications and doctor visits, I would say about $11k.
Describe James P. Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
For our first IVF cycle he used two fresh embryos. He gave us a 75% chance of at least one baby. The attempt failed. Our next cycle we transferred the three frozen embryos, he gave us a 50% chance of success and we had twins. Our third cycle was five years later, we chose to put only one embryo in because we didn’t want twins again and it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our final attempt we were going to use our last two embryos, one didn’t survive the thawing process so only one was implanted- we had a healthy baby girl.
2014 - 2016, Successful
This is already an overwhelming process and Dr Lin was open, honest and realistic when discussing my options. He was quick to answer all of my questions. I would definitely recommend Dr Lin. Dr Lin even went as far as providing patients with his cell phone number....Awesome staff [Reproductive Fertility Center]. They were always warm, friendly and welcoming. The staff was quick to respond to telephone calls and emails...Dr Lin and his staff were warm and thorough in providing services. They made the process easy and smooth..
Awesome staff [Reproductive Fertility Center]. They were always warm, friendly and welcoming. The staff was quick to respond to telephone calls and emails....I spent $50k, this includes 5 cycles of IUI and 1 cycle of IVF....Dr Lin and his staff were warm and thorough in providing services. They made the process easy and smooth....This is already an overwhelming process and Dr Lin was open, honest and realistic when discussing my options. He was quick to answer all of my questions. I would definitely recommend Dr Lin. Dr Lin even went as far as providing patients with his cell phone number.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Do your research and come prepared with questions, they will get answered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rocio )
Awesome staff. They were always warm, friendly and welcoming. The staff was quick to respond to telephone calls and emails.
I spent $50k, this includes 5 cycles of IUI and 1 cycle of IVF.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. James Lin went above and beyond for us...made sure to explain all our options in detail...took the time to listen to our concerns and I never felt rushed or like all our questions were bothersome. He personally called and checked in throughout the cycle. My 1st IVF round with him I became pregnant with identical twins...I unfortunately lost them due to preterm labor at 22 weeks and his compassion and sympathy during our next round when we were ready was remarkable. He always spoke truthfully even if we didn’t like the facts but he always had a plan.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] has multiple locations which makes it convenient for all those blood tests that will be needed...All the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and caring. Wait times weren’t long and you never felt rushed...They have payment options available...[nursing staff] became like family during that time. Very helpful and we’re always there for whatever was needed.
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. James Lin went above and beyond for us. I was his youngest patient he had ever had at the time and he made sure to explain all our options in detail. He took the time to listen to our concerns and I never felt rushed or like all our questions were bothersome. He personally called and checked in throughout the cycle. My 1st IVF round with him I became pregnant with identical twins...I unfortunately lost them due to preterm labor at 22 weeks and his compassion and sympathy during our next round when we were ready was remarkable. He always spoke truthfully even if we didn’t like the facts but he always had a plan. I hope one day to be back for hopefully another miracle!
To be patient and trust the process. He will give you his advice and your options and advise what he thinks is best but will always support what you decide.
They always took their time to answer all questions. Never rushed you and even when running into issues they helped every step of the way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility Center.
They became like family during that time. Very helpful and we’re always there for whatever was needed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic has multiple locations which makes it convenient for all those blood tests that will be needed. You don’t have to go to specially one and I went to different ones depending on the day and where I would be. All the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and caring. Wait times weren’t long and you never felt rushed.
They have payment options available. They are very open and upfront about all costs and seemed to be willing to work with you.
He will educate you on the options and based off the quality and grade of your embryos advise. He will allow multiple to be transferred if it’s safe for you.