9.7

310.278.7590
500 E. Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91501
310.929.6707

Dr. Goldstein is truly a concierge doctor. She made sure to explain every step along the way. She was available via email almost any time of day. Her overall demeanor was personable and genuine. She spent all the time you needed with her during appointments and it never felt rushed or hurried...Dr. Goldstein knew all the verbiage surrounding treatment of members of the LGBTQ community. She always treated me and my partner with respect and love
The [Reproductive Fertility] nursing staff is BUSY there. I would sometimes have to call and email multiple times about lab orders or protocol before I would get an answer..All of that being said, the ball never got dropped on me...The clinic is in a nice building in Beverly Hills. The surgical center where transfers are done and their labs are located in the same building so that was nice. Everything always seemed clean and sanitary.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
A woman in this field who is as humble, caring, brilliant and amazing as Dr. Goldstein is something I didn’t know existed. She is confident in her skills and puts it all out there for her patients. She also specializes in natural transfers which was a GOD SEND. After all the injections of the retrieval, the last thing I wanted to do was inject myself with an intramuscular needle for weeks. You will also always see her at your appointments (minus blood draw appointments). She is your person so there’s no way your information gets lost or miscommunicated. It’s also nice when you’re in such a vulnerable place to be able to see the same friendly face at each visit and not just feel like you don’t know who will be doing procedures that truly emphasize the vulnerability factor of infertility. As I may have stated in another section, Dr. Goldstein’s communication and ability to give a response in a timely matter is top notch. I emailed her at 7 pm one night during my nightly suppository because I had minor spotting and there was an email response within 10 minutes. Any time anything fell through with her nurses, she would just handle it herself. No question was ever too silly, no concern was ever too petty. She addressed all and any questions or concerns I had throughout the entirety of our treatment with compassion and fact based information. I never felt like she didn’t have my back.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Trust her. She will not give you the runaround or try to squeeze you for extra services. She’s the real deal and has your best interest at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur and then eventually Centrotide for my egg retrieval stims. I used Lupron for my trigger shot. Dr. Goldstein was able to retrieve 31 eggs. Throughout the lab insemination process, the embryologist and Dr. Goldstein diagnosed me with low egg quality. We had already committed to PGS testing on the embryos so in the end 8 went in for testing and 4 came back as normal. For my FET I did a natural transfer cycle so the only meds I was on were Endometrin suppositories a little bit before the transfer. The natural transfer cycle did mean that I had to go into the office considerably more often, sometimes 3-4 times a week, to get my blood drawn and levels checked. Blood draws had to be done in the AM so results would be in same day. FET was normal but a bit uncomfortable due to the full bladder. Transfer went smoothly and now I am pregnant with our first IVF baby.
How competent was Ellen Goldstein at LGBTQ care?
Dr. Goldstein knew all the verbiage surrounding treatment of members of the LGBTQ community. She always treated me and my partner with respect and love. She also let us know certain extra legal steps we might want to take advantage of since both of our genetic material would not be used during our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kyra)
So. This would be my only negative part of this experience. The nursing staff is BUSY there. I would sometimes have to call and email multiple times about lab orders or protocol before I would get an answer. Often I would give up and email Dr. Goldstein who would take care of it personally. Nursing staff there was adequately nice most days but also almost always seemed overworked and tired. The one friendly face I could always count on was Gunay. Every interaction I had with her was a positive one and that surely could not be said about some of the other staff there. All of that being said, the ball never got dropped on me because Dr. Goldstein made sure of it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility.
A complete IVF cycle totaled $20,175. That included her professional fee, Anesthesia, Operating room, ICSI, Assisted Hatching, Embryo biopsy, PGT test on up to 8 embryos, Cryopreservation (freeze) for any remaining embryos, Embryo thaw, and Frozen embryo transfer cycle.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Goldstein is the perfect balance of optimism and realism...Dr Goldstein encouraged my questions (and after hours emails!) at all times...Appointments with Dr Goldstein are on time, not too long, not too short and always a pleasure. We always have a laugh...Trust her advice and list of practitioners (especially for the HSG test which can be painful but was made a good experience due to her thoughtful referrals)...
[Reproductive Fertility] Strengths - free valet parking on site, cheap parking rate, clinic and lab all in one location...Nurse Gunay was amazing - supportive and so excited for me! Always prints off my pictures to takes home and schedules me around work times...the patient coordinator made the call to check this [insurance] for me, AND got it in writing from my insurance, so when the insurance tried to charge me for labs, I had the email and BOOM charges gone...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is the perfect balance of optimism and realism - I am someone who needs the facts and needs to understand exactly what is going on with me, and Dr Goldstein encouraged my questions (and after hours emails!) at all times. I truly believe she accurately predicated why I was having fertility issues and was able to resolve them ON THE FIRST TRY. Appointments with Dr Goldstein are on time, not too long, not too short and always a pleasure. We always have a laugh.
Book now. Do not delay. Trust her advice and list of practitioners (especially for the HSG test which can be painful but was made a good experience due to her thoughtful referrals) and you're set. Don't wait. Do it now. Fertility is a very tenuous thing, and I wish I had of seen Dr Goldstein years earlier.
From the very first appointment Dr Goldstein was warm, funny, uplifting and informative. She made me feel normal, and her confidence that she would get me pregnant had me trusting her from day one. I am so so happy I was recommended to Dr Goldstein by my friend.
1. Blood tests for genetics diseases and STI's for both me and hubby 2. HSG dye test at referred clinic (thank god I went there - this procedure can be overly drawn out and painful but the Dr was amazing and we were done in minutes.) 3. Monitoring of egg production via ultrasound while on clomid for 5 days 4. Ultrasound before insemination reveals clomid produced eggs but thinned out my uterus, Dr Goldstein was very honest in saying this round might not be optimal, BUT if we do get pregnant it would not impact the pregnancy. Told me that next round we can use different drugs so left feeling hopeful and not defeated. 5. Arrived for sperm collection and IUI. Clinic saw us on a Saturday which was AMAZING! Dr again stressed that this could be a practice round - very good job managing my expectations 6. Blood test to check pregnancy two weeks later 7. PREGNANT! Dr Goldstein shared my joy 8. First scan - TWINS! Over the moon. She made a dream come true for us. Little heartbeats present.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Gunay )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Strengths - free valet parking on site, cheap parking rate, clinic and lab all in one location, very nice looking clinic with the most delicious candy at the front desk and tea and coffee and magazines and tv. No complaints here! Oh - they are nice and quick to come in and see you after you're undressed - no waiting around pant less haha
Totally covered by insurance AND the patient coordinator made the call to check this for me, AND got it in writing from my insurance, so when the insurance tried to charge me for labs, I had the email and BOOM charges gone. I only pay a co pay for any additional appointments not related to IUI and even then it's only $35 a pop. Ultrasounds free under insurance.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
I did not do this procedure

2021 - 2022, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein stays on top of the latest scientific research...She is highly responsive via email. She genuinely cares about her patients and is attentive to your Ultrasounds, Bloodwork, and anything else you might bring up as a relevant health concern. Every Ultrasound was conducted directly by her, not just a Technician. She pays attention to your data. She is forthcoming...When I asked about supplements or various treatments I had read about, she would answer honestly as to whether or not she felt data on that particular topic was persuasive or not...
Gunay [nurse at Reproductive Fertility] was warm, professional, and organized. I felt safe and confident with her as Dr. Goldstein's support. Melissa, Care Coordinator, and was very responsive about administrative questions, especially when I was changing RE's at the 11th hour (from another office to Dr. Goldstein). She schedule me for Diagnostic Ultrasound with speedy turnaround....
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein stays on top of the latest scientific research, which is always changing in the field of ART, thus something I find valuable. When I asked about supplements or various treatments I had read about, she would answer honestly as to whether or not she felt data on that particular topic was persuasive or not. She is highly attentive to patient results as they unfold, conducted all ultrasounds directly, and called me with bloodwork results herself. I feel very much that she cares sincerely about her patients' outcomes, and prides herself in providing excellent care. It is clear she is rooting for each individual to have ideal outcomes (given the realities of the data). While it is a plus to have a female RE, there were other female RE's that I did not want to work with, based on reviews. Dr. Goldstein's reviews are stellar, and were ultimately the reason I switched RE's just before starting ER 1. I had already done my AMH and Consult with another clinic (with good reviews), but my gut said to go with Dr. Goldstein. My first ER (of 2 planned) began with a sub-optimal reaction to one part of the protocol. I decided to continue forward and Dr. Goldstein was supportive of the decision. She ultimately left it up to me since there were upsides/downsides to canceling vs. continuing. Since your first Cycle always has a Diagnostic element to it, I chalked it up to "this is all part of it", and continued with Stims, hoping for the best.
Definitely meet with her. Do your research and interview several RE's, but she is worthy of your shortlist! If you have underlying health issues that affect fertility, be forthcoming, as well as reading about your individual circumstances. Your consult is a great place to get a feel for how your questions, concerns, treatment, and interactions will continue. Do your homework, then go with your gut. Good luck!
I interviewed 3 RE's from my shortlist (whittled down via extensive research), and Dr. Goldstein was my favorite. She is highly responsive via email. She genuinely cares about her patients and is attentive to your Ultrasounds, Bloodwork, and anything else you might bring up as a relevant health concern. Every Ultrasound was conducted directly by her, not just a Technician. She pays attention to your data. She is forthcoming.
First ER: Microdose Leuprolide Protocol, Gonal-F (or Follistim, same thing), Menopur. Pregnyl 10000 Trigger shot. Additionally, we discussed BCP or Estrace priming to line up the follicles. I went with Estrace, because it tends to suppress for fewer patients. Second ER m: same, minus Estrace, as I happen to have a sensitive system, and Estrace did not work well for me compared to most patients. We also discussed alternately trying Antagonist protocol, but since the initial protocol seemed to prompt a good response (minus Estrace) and minimal side effects for my body, we will likely repeat same with the one omission. Additionally (*not per her protocol*), I chose to do Acupuncture 1x/week in the 5 weeks leading up to ER, and 1x/month prior to that for about 6-months. I started supplements about 6-months before (not rigorously, but occasionally, and at lower doses early on). Then upped to daily supplements in the 5 weeks leading up to ER. Most of the supplements came from "It Starts with the Egg" or lists I read about from similar recommendations, forums, or friends' RE's. Per Dr. Goldstein, CoQ10 is the one that is most impactful (and if you do a lot of reading, that is the one that has the clearest science), so she said whatever I wanted to take outside of that was up to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gunay)
Gunay was warm, professional, and organized. I felt safe and confident with her as Dr. Goldstein's support. Melissa, Care Coordinator, and was very responsive about administrative questions, especially when I was changing RE's at the 11th hour (from another office to Dr. Goldstein). She schedule me for Diagnostic Ultrasound with speedy turnaround.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Dr. Goldstein is the reason I chose this clinic, and I do not regret the choice. I feel confident going into another cycle. All clinics (as in any business) are a mix of humans, all humans are complex and varied. :) I felt grateful that the people I spent the most time interacting with in this clinic are top folks.
I paid upfront Professional Fees for 2 ER cycles, which was discounted more than paying for 2 Single ER Cycles separately. This part of the fee was comparable to other LA clinics. Surgery/Anesthesia/Storage line items higher than other LA clinics I compared with. Cancellation of Cycle Fees more strict than some other Clinics I compared to. Fees for everything *after* Egg Retrieval (ICSI, PGT, Thawing, Assisted Hatching, Implantation) higher than the other clinics I compared to, but my upfront Egg Retrieval seemed slightly lower if I paid for 2 cycles. Long term, I will end up paying more than the other 2 clinics I narrowed to, but my upfront costs for 2 ER retrievals were comparable, so I am kind of caught in the middle, as you generally are safer staying with same clinic for thawing, embryos, PGT, and implantation, but I noticed that the Lab fees, Storage, and all individual line items AFTER ER are higher. Everything except the initial professional fees run a bit higher. One surprise cost was that the Lab (where surgery is done) charges another $750 ($712.50 on auto-pay)/ year, beyond the $1200 fee that is already listed in the line items for the ER. That said, I think they are comparable with many well-rated LA clinics. Not necessarily the highest end of the spectrum, but within the mid-to-above middle range. The tough thing about fees for Fertility Services, is you don't really get a full menu of rates for everything you need (until the very end of the line) from any clinic. Rare exceptions to this rule are CNY (obviously a budget place), and maybe KindBody who seems to be more upfront about pricing. I noticed friends who did this procedure in NY city had lower costs, but maybe IVF/Egg Freezing just costs more in LA than NY (rare for most costs).
We haven't gotten that far yet, but I believe I have read here that she believes in single embryo transfer. Again, I have not had this discussion with her, just what I believe I read online, so please verify yourself directly.

2022, Successful
[Dr. Goldstein] was kind, took time to explain everything and set realistic expectations given my body's limitations, and always answered questions quickly via email...The first cycle was cancelled due to a cyst, but it was gone the next month. I did 11 days of 150 iu Gonal-F plus 2 powder vials of Menopur per day, 4 days of Cetrotide at the end of the cycle to slow the bigger eggs, and got 10 eggs retrieved (9 frozen). The previous two cycles, I got 6 and 3, respectively, so this was a much better response.
[at Reproductive Fertility] I mostly worked with [the nurse], who was kind and great at calling with results, or explaining protocol patiently...$5800 for the retrieval and ultrasound appts; $3000 for the drugs...I would have liked more effort in figuring out why my insurance didn't cover this round of treatment when they had before, though I do think they tried...I'd also like there to be a payment plan to make it more accessible.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was the second doctor I went to in my fertility journey, and the experience was night and day different. She was kind, took time to explain everything and set realistic expectations given my body's limitations, and always answered questions quickly via email. I'm so sad it took me 3 cycles to find her - always go with your gut, and find another doctor if you don't feel like your first one cares enough!
No advice
Dr. Goldstein is clearly very invested in her patients and very involved in the cycle from start to finish.
I have diminished ovarian reserve, so we started hormone treatment on the first day of my period, after I came in for an ultrasound. The first cycle was cancelled due to a cyst, but it was gone the next month. I did 11 days of 150 iu Gonal-F plus 2 powder vials of Menopur per day, 4 days of Cetrotide at the end of the cycle to slow the bigger eggs, and got 10 eggs retrieved (9 frozen). The previous two cycles, I got 6 and 3, respectively, so this was a much better response.
I mostly worked with Gunay, who was kind and great at calling with results, or explaining protocol patiently.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I would have liked more effort in figuring out why my insurance didn't cover this round of treatment when they had before, though I do think they tried. I saw that they didn't try to run it through insurance (as in, the $6k that I paid out of pocket isn't showing up against my out-of-network deductible). I'm calling my insurance tomorrow to try to figure it out. I'd also like there to be a payment plan to make it more accessible.
$5800 for the retrieval and ultrasound appts; $3000 for the drugs, and still waiting on the anesthesia/procedure clinic bill. My insurance didn't cover this round at all.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Saadat always answered my questions completely. He was kind and explained everything that was going on as well every every step of the process. He did not ever make me feel rushed or that any of my questions were unacceptable. I saw him at every appointment...I am a surrogate. So the treatment included: heparin, injectable progesterone in oil, progesterone suppositories and estrogen tablets. We had a successful transfer the first try. Dr. Saadat always made sure I understood my medications and when to start/administer them.
I think that the strengths [of Reproductive Fertility] are that they are kind and very thorough. Every one there is very easy to talk to and makes the process so easy to walk through...Tasha was my coordinator and I could not imagine a better person to help me through this process. She was attentive, thorough, always available for any questions or concerns. Tasha made sure I was comfortable with any new information and always made sure that I knew if I had any questions how to get a hold of her.
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Saadat always answered my questions completely. He was kind and explained everything that was going on as well every every step of the process. He did not ever make me feel rushed or that any of my questions were unacceptable. I saw him at every appointment and he always spent ample time with me explaining what was happening, what the next step was etc
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
I would say- park in one of the neighborhoods around the clinic at a meter. It is much cheaper and easier to get in and out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Saadat and his team always answered my questions and were very thorough. I never felt like I was being rushed through my appointments or like my questions were stupid or silly.
Describe the protocols Peyman Saadat used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tasha)
Tasha was my coordinator and I could not imagine a better person to help me through this process. She was attentive, thorough, always available for any questions or concerns. Tasha made sure I was comfortable with any new information and always made sure that I knew if I had any questions how to get a hold of her. She was always very kind and I felt she went above and beyond.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I think that the strengths are that they are kind and very thorough. Every one there is very easy to talk to and makes the process so easy to walk through. I don’t know that I can pinpoint any weaknesses necessarily.
Describe Peyman Saadat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
We only transferred one embryo and it was successful.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Goldstein was absolutely fantastic the entire way through the process. From the initial consultation, where she clearly laid out our options with a frank and honest discussion, to all of the times we emailed her with question and she responded within minutes to hours rather than days...We never felt pressured into one treatment or another; she made it very clear she was there to support whatever we needed. When we had questions we could email or call her, and we received responses usually within an hour, and this was even after hours...
the clinic [Reproductive Fertility] was easy to find, clean and modern, and we were receiving ultrasounds weekly so we always knew what was going on with the babies. They also went out of their way to work with my insurance (as I had fertility benefits I was able to use)...The nursing staff was fantastic. There were two or three nurses that we saw with regularity, and each were attentive and helpful....
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and very easy to talk to. We never felt pressured into one treatment or another; she made it very clear she was there to support whatever we needed. When we had questions we could email or call her, and we received responses usually within an hour, and this was even after hours. We could not have been more happy with our choice of doctor.
Go with Dr. Goldstein. She was fantastic and very willing to answer all questions we had. It is extremely obvious she valued us as people, not just as a source of income.
Dr. Goldstein was absolutely fantastic the entire way through the process. From the initial consultation, where she clearly laid out our options with a frank and honest discussion, to all of the times we emailed her with question and she responded within minutes to hours rather than days, she was great. If we were to go through a second round we would absolutely go with Dr. Goldstein again.
The primary issue we had with getting pregnant was male factor infertility. Dr. Goldstein's examination of my wife showed no problems on her side, and that we were ideal candidates for IVF (while my sperm count was a bit low, it was well over what was needed for IVF). She offered IUI, but given our ages we opted for the highest chance of success with IVF. She used a natural cycle approach, so we timed the medication the injectable medication in accordance to when her last cycle was. While taking the full round of injections we visited Dr. Goldstein at least twice a week for ultrasounds (which she herself conducted) and blood testing. At all times we could tell how the eggs were growing where she was. After the "trigger shot", there was the egg retrieval, which again was done by Dr. Goldstein. The eggs were fertilized and frozen in preparation for my wife's next cycle (again, in accordance with her natural cycle approach). A couple weeks (I believe) after the next cycle, we went back in for the transfer. Again, Dr. Goldstein did this. I was able to join my wife in the room while this happened, and she even provided us a picture of the embryo prior to implantation. After the transfer, we continued following up with Dr. Goldstein, and we were scheduled to come back into the office to test and see if the transfer was successful. My wife and I were very excited though so we took at home test -- success. We emailed Dr. Goldstein, and she replied within a few minutes (which was typical for her) with a very excited email and we moved up the visit to confirm. The first ultrasound that occurred after this period we were in for a surprise. Though Dr. Goldstein had implanted only one embryo, there were now two babies growing. Dr. Goldstein had been very clear that there was an increased chance for this to happen prior to the beginning of treatment due to "assisted hatching". Throughout the first 10 weeks after implantation Dr. Goldstein continued to have us come in weekly to check on their growth As we continued through the 10 weeks, we also did a genetic screening test using my wife's blood (non-invasive for the babies) and the results came back that they were genetically normal and that they were identical baby boys. Dr. Goldstein was always careful to check with us before she told us the sex to ensure we wanted to know. After the 10 weeks, we transferred to the OB doctor who will be delivering the twins.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I honestly don't know of any weaknesses. The only doctor we saw at the clinic was Dr. Goldstein, so I can't speak to the other doctors' competencies. However, the clinic was easy to find, clean and modern, and we were receiving ultrasounds weekly so we always knew what was going on with the babies. They also went out of their way to work with my insurance (as I had fertility benefits I was able to use).
I believe it was about $20K for the full freeze / transfer cycle and associated medications. However, I had an absolutely amazing fertility benefit called Progyny so my portion was only around $2K.
Dr. Goldstein had all the embryos tested and ranked according to how well developed they were. Her strong opinion was that we start out with only one embryo transfer, and so this is what we did. The embryo that we chose was the "healthiest" one available.
2021, Unknown Success
Dr Goldstein used as little medication as possible and worked to meet my timing needs for the IVF cycle and retrieval. She also was able to meet my needs and special accommodations due to my anxiety and PTSD...She carefully monitored and titrated my medications throughout my more complicated IVF cycle to ensure that I did not get PCOS. She called and checked in on my multiple times throughout the process. Any concerns and she made the time to talk it through with me
The [Reproductive Fertility] practice is great and timely but I feel that they often don’t get back as quickly as I wished. So I found that emailing Dr Ellen Goldstein was just faster...~$21,000 for IVF cycle Not sure of the IUI but it was about 175 for ultrasound and consultation...They are very nice and always were caring and sensitive. I never felt that they were grouchy and always felt welcome.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is attentive to every detail. She is careful and calculated and I trust her medical decisions completely. She carefully monitored and titrated my medications throughout my more complicated IVF cycle to ensure that I did not get PCOS. She called and checked in on my multiple times throughout the process. Any concerns and she made the time to talk it through with me. She was always professional and pleasant at each appointment. Dr Goldstein is always available and I didn’t need to search google for answers because she was always right there with the answer and a return email was often received faster than any google search would have even answered it! She really cares about me as a person and I feel deeply connected. She is part of my team, rooting for me and working with me step by step in this emotional journey. I couldn’t have done this without her (she was the 3rd provider I tried) and thankfully I found her! Every practice has its strengths and I feel that Dr Ellen is the perfect mix of all! Superb medical knowledge and understanding of statistics mixed with the human and faith aspect of knowing that we will do all we can and hope is never lost as it will only take one embryo to have your miracle. And she really gave me hope and continues to. Hopefully we will have our baby soon.
Dr Goldstein was so supportive of me and my husband and gave us all the time in the world that we needed in our initial consultation - highly recommend that you meet with her for an in person consultation! She also is careful about how much of each medication she orders and she watches her spending carefully so that you pay the minimum needed for a successful IVF cycle. If anything comes up, email has been the easiest way for us to reach Dr Goldstein and also by far the fastest.
While being treated by Dr Goldstein I really feel like she takes the time to talk to me, answer all emails, share my emotions and discuss the depths of whatever comes up in this process. She was willing to adjust and work with me in ways no other Dr was able - such as adjusting my timing of treatment to avoid Saturdays as much as possible for religious observances, she made adaptations to the typical procedures to accommodate for my needs as a result of my PTSD, she answered emails and call late at night and was available at a drop of a hat when things were confusing or unclear during the IVF cycle. She tracked all my cycle and meds as a human and I felt like I was her only patient!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The practice is great and timely but I feel that they often don’t get back as quickly as I wished. So I found that emailing Dr Ellen Goldstein was just faster! They are very nice and always were caring and sensitive. I never felt that they were grouchy and always felt welcome.
Haven’t had this as part of my treatment
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Somehow the front desk staff lost some documents that we filled out and we had to have them resent a second time. They also didn’t call with my results until after I requested the results from the doctor. I was expecting the nurse to call me when the results were received.
2019 - 2021, Successful
I saw him [Dr. Peyman Saadat] at every visit, he was gentle and compassionate and understanding and very patient - I had multiple quesitons and sometimes i was asking the same questions each visit and he always had time to talk and explain and keep us involved every step of the way...adjusted the medication dosage during my 2nd cycle based on whatever he saw in my monitoring labs. In addition, he added an infusion on the day of transfer, which noone else suggested. Whatever he did was successful, we are pregnant and I am due in a few months!!
The amazing thing about this office [Reproductive Fertility] is that it is small enough that you will see the doctor every visit, and the same faces every visit, but big enough to have the most up to date knowledge and techniques, as well as using a new state of the art embryology lab in the same building...come early to your appointments to find street parking...
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
As i mentioned, I have been to a couple of other offices prior to coming here and my experience was completely different with Dr. Saadat. I saw him at every visit, he was gentle and compassionate and understanding and very patient - I had multiple quesitons and sometimes i was asking the same questions each visit and he always had time to talk and explain and keep us involved every step of the way.
My best advice is to do your research - there is a reason that Dr. Saadat has so many 5 star reviews. One other bit of advice - come early to your appointments to find street parking ;)
After being treated at other clinics I thought I knew what to expect but it is totaly different with Dr. Saadat. I saw him at EVERY appointment. He did ALL of my ultrasounds and answered all my questions each and every time and took care to make sure I understood
I don't remember the exact protocol, but I know that it changed when I started a new cycle, and he also adjusted the medication dosage during my 2nd cycle based on whatever he saw in my monitoring labs. In addition, he added an infusion on the day of transfer, which noone else suggested. Whatever he did was successful, we are pregnant and I am due in a few months!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: lizette)
Lizette and honestly all of the staff are amazing. They never rushed me, and lizette answered my questions by phone or email even after hours. I know that I had a LOT of quesitons but I never was made to feel like i was bother her. Everyone was friendly and kind, and welcomed me to the office each time. I honestly never had a bad experience
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The amazing thing about this office is that it is small enough that you will see the doctor every visit, and the same faces every visit, but big enough to have the most up to date knowledge and techniques, as well as using a new state of the art embryology lab in the same building
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility.
We were cash patients, and when we met with the financial coordinator everything was explained in detail. our financial agreement laid out all the costs in detail, and the reason for each procedure was thoroughly explained
2020 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Saadat] gives his FULL attention, answers your questions in detail and makes sure you are involved and part of each decision and step. I cannot say it enough - he is extremely kind and patient...from day one i felt like i was listened to and cared for each and every interaction, whether phone or in person or email. Dr. Saadat and his staff responded promptly to any and all of my questions and kept me informed throughout my journey...
The office [Reproductive Fertility] is big enough that I felt like i was getting the latest treatment options that are available, but small enought that I saw my dr, Dr. Saadat at each visit. He did ALL my ultrasounds...parking is EXPENSIVE - come early and find street parking...iui cycles with clomid are about $1000 and IVF is about 10,000. overall i did 1 ti, 3/4 iuis and 1 ivf and frozen embryo transfer, and 4 ob visits for about 15,000...
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Saadat is the most compassionate and caring Doctor I have had, in any type of medical care. He gives his FULL attention, answers your questions in detail and makes sure you are involved and part of each decision and step. I cannot say it enough - he is extremely kind and patient.
Dr. Saadat gives complete answers to questions, for each patient and so occasionally he m ight be running just a bit behind schedule but never more than 15 min - at least in my experience also, parking is EXPENSIVE - come early and find street parking
I have been a patient with Dr. Saadat since 2020 and from day one i felt like i was listened to and cared for each and every interaction, whether phone or in person or email. Dr. Saadat and his staff responded promptly to any and all of my questions and kept me informed throughout my journey
ANT/ 375-225gf/1M/TMX/CC
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Silvia)
Silvia is amazing. I don't think I am an easy patient, and I know that I called and emailed Silvia almost every day, sometimes multiple times. Not only did she respond promptly, but she never made me feel like i was bothering her or that my questions were silly. i was so comfortable with her that i wish she was going to be at my ob/gyn office!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
This is a pretty new location I think for this office and it is gorgeous, right on sunset. The office is big enough that I felt like i was getting the latest treatment options that are available, but small enought that I saw my dr, Dr. Saadat at each visit. He did ALL my ultrasounds
2021, Consult
Dr. Goldstein took a thorough history for both me and my husband, and explained well to us what could be contributing to our recurrent miscarriages. She ran tests on what she thought were all necessary rule outs...without testing for things that she thought were frivolous--though I got the impression that she would run other tests if I requested them...She was responsive at all times, gentle, validating, and patient...
Front desk staff [at Reproductive Fertility] is kind, responsive, and friendly. Parking was easy--there's a garage that you can pay for, but we were amazingly able to find parking on sunset. We saw the doctor herself and not nursing staff in her place...When we requested medical records she [nurse] was quick to respond, and when we needed tests ordered she got us the slips right away...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein took a thorough history for both me and my husband, and explained well to us what could be contributing to our recurrent miscarriages. She ran tests on what she thought were all necessary rule outs (noting that the likelihood was simply poor egg quality, but testing for other possibilities) without testing for things that she thought were frivolous--though I got the impression that she would run other tests if I requested them. We made the decision to do IVF with eggs I had frozen a few years ago, and she explained what that process and all the risks would be for that. However, during the process of getting started with those eggs, I got pregnant again. I emailed her on a Sunday to tell her--but I was not hopeful at all given our history. She was immediately responsive, and positive but not annoyingly so given my emotional state. I asked her if I should use progesterone supplements because I'd read about that for women with recurrent miscarriages. She said she did not think there was evidence that I needed it yet and I should get tested for HCG/progesterone the next day, but offered to write the prescription anyway if it would help me feel better because it wouldn't hurt. I've never experienced that from a doctor before--I've been told no each time I asked an OB. I took her up on the offer and started the sups, and did HCG beta testing the next day. She called me personally with results as soon as they came in. Because the pregnancy seems viable so far, we paused on the process for IVF but are keeping the door open. I didn't feel any pressure from her to press forward with the embryo making...I've felt supported the whole way, and if this doesn't go positively, she is someone I would feel incredibly safe doing the next step of this process with.
Dr. Goldstein addressed my feelings about having had recurrent pregnancy losses, and while she explained the statistics to me and the likelihood of different outcomes with IVF, she was attuned to how my grief/anxiety might impact my choices just as much as the data. She was responsive at all times, gentle, validating, and patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lizette)
Lizette was kind and responsive to emails. We never met in person. Her emails were a bit hard to understand, and we had to call for clarification a couple of times. She seemed to assume we knew more about the process/necessary steps than we did, but explained things in more detail when we asked her specifically. When we requested medical records she was quick to respond, and when we needed tests ordered she got us the slips right away.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and in a great building. They do blood draws in house, though they send them to quest for results so it's easy enough to go to quest if you prefer. Front desk staff is kind, responsive, and friendly. Parking was easy--there's a garage that you can pay for, but we were amazingly able to find parking on sunset. We saw the doctor herself and not nursing staff in her place. It was as great an experience as something like this can be.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Both my husband and I had a blood test for our karyotypes, STDs, and about a million other things for me but only those two for him...we were waiting for results and eventually were told that the order for his karyotype test had somehow not been logged in the system so Quest never got results for us. It wouldn't have been a huge deal other than he's afraid of needles so getting him to do another blood draw is an uphill battle!
West Hollywood

As we were using donor sperm, we went straight to IUI [with Dr. Peyman Saadat]. We used clomid, and when it was unsuccessful the first time, the dose was increased. The second resulted in a chemical pregnancy. After the third cycle, with another increased dose, was unsuccessful we decide to move forward with injectibles for the next IUI round which is in progress...At times when the clinic was very busy I felt like my chart was not reviewed before the appointment, but other times Dr. Sadaat was very thorough and informative. I do understand this though, and was able to ask questions I wanted answers to. The support staff are always fantastic and helpful.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Fertility] are excellent - they are so kind and compassionate, and quick to answer any questions. This is especially true of the Riverside/Glendora staff who we primarily worked with. The first cycle required a lot of information about the medication and timing, how to give injections, etc and they made sure we were well informed and prepared...Each IUI was around $1200...Overall the clinic is great - they are good communicators and they clearly know what they are doing. I have hope that we will be successful with them soon. The only negative thing I really have to say is be careful not to make patients feel rushed. This didn't happen often, and we understand there are busy days, but these days make you feel very discouraged as a patient dealing with infertility.
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Sadaat is very knowledgeable and thorough. At times he can make you feel rushed at your ultrasound appointments, but if you slow down and ask questions he is sure to give you thorough answers. He also listens closely to any concerns you may have and tries to address them.
Always asks questions if you are unclear or unhappy with something that is happening.
My experience definitely varied. At times when the clinic was very busy I felt like my chart was not reviewed before the appointment, but other times Dr. Sadaat was very thorough and informative. I do understand this though, and was able to ask questions I wanted answers to. The support staff are always fantastic and helpful.
As we were using donor sperm, we went straight to IUI. We used clomid, and when it was unsuccessful the first time, the dose was increased. The second resulted in a chemical pregnancy. After the third cycle, with another increased dose, was unsuccessful we decide to move forward with injectibles for the next IUI round which is in progress.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
The nursing staff are excellent - they are so kind and compassionate, and quick to answer any questions. This is especially true of the Riverside/Glendora staff who we primarily worked with. The first cycle required a lot of information about the medication and timing, how to give injections, etc and they made sure we were well informed and prepared.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I think we paid about 300 for the initial consult and ultrasound/AMH test. Then we arranged to have the required blood tests through our primary care doctor so that was covered under insurance. Each IUI was around $1200.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Once we had to call to get blood test results, and another time we were called to be told our appointment was cancelled due to the office being closed, and we had already travelled to the location.
Burbank (closed)

Dr. Sadaat always made sure I was completely aware of what was happening, and was very thorough in answering my questions most of the time...the monitoring appointments during the cycle were always with Dr. Saadat...I felt like I didn't get a consultation or explanation about why that happened and what we could do differently, we just launched into the next round of treatment.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Fertility] is fantastic, especially at the Riverside office. They seem to remember everything about your case, and are so responsive answering questions. They are always very friendly and compassionate when you come into the office...Some strengths include the response time when you have questions, the offices being very clean and nice, and the availability of appointments.
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Saadat is very good at his job - there were times I had concerns about my lining not being thick enough, not absorbing enough of the progesterone supplements, etc, and he always had a solution to change things up a bit. And when he did change things (for example my type of trigger shot) he took the time to explain why and how to use this new method. The only time I felt confused was after my chemical pregnancy. It must have been a really busy day, but I felt like I didn't get a consultation or explanation about why that happened and what we could do differently, we just launched into the next round of treatment.
Stay on top of asking questions, and if you feel like you didn't get to do so during your appointment, the clinic is great with following up when you call or send emails.
Dr. Sadaat always made sure I was completely aware of what was happening, and was very thorough in answering my questions most of the time. There were a few times that I felt confused by the information I was given though, and I had to follow up afterwards to clarify.
The first IUI was done with a low dose of Clomid. I produced two mature follicles and used the Ovidrel trigger. I was also given progesterone vaginal suppositories to use after the IUI. This round was unsuccessful, but the donor sperm count was not very good. The second IUI cycle was done with a higher dose of Clomid, and again the Ovidrel trigger. I believe I had two mature follicles as well. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. When I had my progesterone tested during the beta HCG testing, it was found to be on the low end, so I switched to injectible progesterone just before we found out the pregnancy was chemical. The third cycle was an even higher dose of Clomid, I believe I had 2 or 3 follicles, and used a different kind of Trigger (Pregnyl). I took the injectable progesterone and my levels were better, however the IUI was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
The nursing staff is fantastic, especially at the Riverside office. They seem to remember everything about your case, and are so responsive answering questions. They are always very friendly and compassionate when you come into the office.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Some strengths include the response time when you have questions, the offices being very clean and nice, and the availability of appointments. I also liked how, except for one ultrasound because I didn't have time to travel to a different office, the monitoring appointments during the cycle were always with Dr. Saadat. The clinic has good success rates from what I've heard, so I'm hopeful it will happen for us. One thing I would ask them to improve on is it make sure to offer a sit down consultation after something like a chemical pregnancy, as not everyone understands what has happened and may need assurance about what to do going forward.
I paid out of pocket, about $1300 per IUI. The initial ultrasound during my consultation was also an extra $75.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
When COVID-19 started out I wasn't contacted to rearrange an upcoming appointment. I understand that this is an unusual circumstance though.
Riverside

The office [Reproductive Fertility] is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information...I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My husband and I sought treatment from Dr. Goldstein after experiencing our third consecutive miscarriage. We were heartbroken, exhausted, anxious - all the feelings that accompany loss of this magnitude. Dr. Goldstein gave us hope, and helped me to find the courage necessary to continue our journey. I am so deeply thankful to have found her, and cannot emphasize enough how comfortable I was throughout my IVF journey thanks to her outstanding care. First and foremost, Dr. Goldstein took the time to ensure that my husband and I were active participants in our care. She completed a very thorough diagnostic workup that covered all bases. She discovered a small amount of scar tissue in my uterus, and recommended a hysteroscopy to remove it. My husband and felt comfortable and confident going into the surgery, and it went beautifully. After the hysteroscopy, we decided we wanted to pursue IVF, and Dr. Goldstein walked us through what the process would look like. She provided expert medical recommendations, but never pushed us in a specific direction. Instead she made sure we had the knowledge we needed to determine what course of action we were comfortable with, and supported us in our decision. Throughout the entire process, Dr. Goldstein was very hands-on. I saw her for every one of my appointments, and she preformed all my procedures. Her communication was exemplary; far above and beyond that of any other physician I’ve had. Dr. Goldstein personally responded to all inquiries quickly, including those I had on evenings and weekends. She also proactively reached out with frequent updates so we were always very well informed about where we were in the process. Dr. Goldstein and her office were also flexible, and I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
Dr. Goldstein truly made my husband and I feel like valued members of a team throughout our treatment process. From day one, she ensured we felt comfortable and confident in our understanding of our diagnosis and subsequent treatment. She is extremely accessible and lightning fast in her responses to any inquiries we had. We always felt valued, prioritized, and included every step of the way. We both feel incredibly lucky to have found such a dedicated, knowledgable and compassionate physician to care for us on our journey.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The office is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information.
2020, Unsuccessful
I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle... She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
I was assigned Kyra as my nurse [at Reproductive Fertility] , I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect...It's a beautiful and clean space. The waiting room, even though I am not ever waiting for long, is very comfortable. Every room I have been is clean and maintained. It doesn't feel like a doctors office, especially none of the ones I've been in...I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is the first doctor that took the time to explain why I am having difficulty conceiving. She has the prefect marriage of honesty and compassion without making you feel dim-witted. Within the first week of meeting her she scheduled a saline ultrasound that allowed her to see that I had polyps in my uterus. I feel like I have moved forward and have gotten so much accomplished within four months of knowing and working with her.
I'd say meet with her. She does have your back. I was so vulnerable our first meeting and she has shown me that I can trust her.
I honestly I am so happy to be working with Dr. Goldstein. She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
When I was assigned Kyra as my nurse, I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I was fortunate that I only had to pay out of pocket for one procedure, hysterscopy. I called many hospitals in the area and found paying the $3,000 was the best option, financially.
Burbank (closed)

Dr. Goldstein always took care to listen to all of my questions and did everything she could to give me the most information. She has the most calm and gentle bedside manner, but at the same time comes across extremely confident and knowledgeable. I always felt like she prioritized me and my partner's situation - but I'm sure she makes all of her patients feel that way because she is just so sincere!...She always followed up with me herself - not through a nurse - even letting me know I could call her in the evening if I had questions about a new medication/dosing procedure. She's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about my experiences as her patient.
The nurses here [Reproductive Fertility] are all nice and try to do everything they can to meet your needs and answer your questions...The one complaint I have about the clinic is the accounting department. The way they process your charges and calculate your totals are not on time, not transparent, and hardly ever pro-active. I am always approaching them asking for an update. They don't reach out to me on their own...I believe for 3 IVF cycles (one had to be converted into an IUI because I didn't have too many f
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is very knowledgeable and thoughtful about her approach to infertility. She really does take each case individually, and takes time to make decisions that she thinks would be best to give you the best results. I always felt like she tried to provide me with the best possible solutions/medications/strategies to help us conceive. I always saw Dr. Goldstein when I came for my appointments, and she even came early at 7:30 am because she knew my work day started so early. She always followed up with me herself - not through a nurse - even letting me know I could call her in the evening if I had questions about a new medication/dosing procedure. She's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about my experiences as her patient.
Don't look anywhere else - she's an amazing physician who is ALWAYS looking out for you and your best interest.
I remember that for my first IVF cycle, I wasn't taking anything except my usual prenatal pills, folic acid and calcium supplements. For my next cycle, she recommended that I take an additional 4- 5 supplements which she said might produce better follicular counts. In addition, she slightly changed the medications I used from one cycle to the next, again, because she believed they would produce better results for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kyra Jackson)
The nurses here are all nice and try to do everything they can to meet your needs and answer your questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I would recommend this clinic because of Dr. Goldstein alone. She's the best doctor I've ever had, and especially for a such a sensitive and emotional time in my life, I'm so lucky to have found her. The one complaint I have about the clinic is the accounting department. The way they process your charges and calculate your totals are not on time, not transparent, and hardly ever pro-active. I am always approaching them asking for an update. They don't reach out to me on their own.
I don't have the exact figures, but they were running a promotion at the time we first started seeing the clinic. I believe for 3 IVF cycles (one had to be converted into an IUI because I didn't have too many follicles that cycle), it was roughly $30K. Please note: we already had 80% of our medications, so we only had to buy 20%, and that is not included in the $30K figure.

2017 - 2019, Successful
my case was complicated by chronic endometritis with significant inflammation and Dr. Goldstein tailored the approach to ensure the best possible outcome (I only had two viable embryos, so it was important to do everything possible for a successful transfer). Ultimately, I underwent immunosuppression leading up to and following the transfer and am now almost 8-weeks pregnant...she never makes you feel judged, instead providing reassurance and answering questions with warmth and empathy.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Allow time for parking, as it can be a little difficult (street parking is available, though sometimes not very close, depending on time of appointment)...Dr. Goldstein approached my treatment in a very individualized way, tailoring the plan to my unique needs, both with my first child (Dr. Goldstein went against “protocol” to ensure the best outcome given my body’s response to certain injectables) and with my current pregnancy (tirelessly researching and consulting with other experts in the field to maximize the chance of IVF success despite my chronic endometritis with significant inflammation).
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I could not be happier with Dr. Goldstein. I first saw her in 2017 at Kaiser after two other IUIs and a miscarriage. Despite Kaiser’s protocol, she decided to adjust the approach (gonal-f vs another menopur cycle) based on my history and risk factors, which resulted in my beautiful baby girl. After multiple failed IUIs at Kaiser in 2019, I decided to pursue IVF with Dr. Goldstein at her private practice. At that point, significant inflammation was noted on endometrial biopsy and I was diagnosed with chronic endometritis, thought to reflect infection from prior IUI. Dr. Goldstein did everything possible to ensure a good outcome despite this complication (e.g., researching, consulting, working with lab techs to figure out a way to culture my samples to obtain more information for better treatment planning). She explained all my options thoroughly and with empathy, every step of the way. When it became more apparent that my inflammation was likely an autoimmune response (as opposed to infection), she consulted with colleagues from across the nation to develop an immunosupression plan for my FET. I am now almost 8-weeks pregnant (strong heartbeat, on-track development).
IVF is scary, so share any and all of your worries with Dr. Goldstein - she never makes you feel judged, instead providing reassurance and answering questions with warmth and empathy.
2017: Gonal-f IUI - she chose Gonal-f (vs menopur) since my body did not respond well to menopur (my lining was very thin and I ended up miscarrying at almost 7-weeks during the previous cycle). This was at Kaiser, so I was not always scheduled to see her, and when another doctor told me I had to try another cycle with menopur first (as per Kaiser protocol), I asked for Dr. Goldstein and she advocated for me. This resulted in my daughter. 2019: Egg retrieval, FET (5-day) - as I described earlier, my case was complicated by chronic endometritis with significant inflammation and Dr. Goldstein tailored the approach to ensure the best possible outcome (I only had two viable embryos, so it was important to do everything possible for a successful transfer). Ultimately, I underwent immunosuppression leading up to and following the transfer and am now almost 8-weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Allow time for parking, as it can be a little difficult (street parking is available, though sometimes not very close, depending on time of appointment).
Dr. Goldstein highly recommended eSET for me for several reasons. My first pregnancy was complicated (my daughter was born preterm and with low birth weight following a rare placental abnormality) and a multiple pregnancy would increase my risk of complications this time around. With the chronic endometritis, we also did not want to transfer both of my viable embryos together, in case the inflammation interfered with implantation, etc. (better to have a second chance than losing them both at once).
Burbank (closed)
Dr. Saadat performed thorough evaluations and tests to determine the best route for my husband and I to conceive. He was patient and provided me with all information regarding the IVF process and made me feel very confident and comfortable. He timed the procedures very well; I had several healthy embryos and conceived after the first transfer...Dr. Saadat left the decision to me after discussing risks [eset approach]...
The Riverside, CA clinic [Reproductive Fertility] was organized and appointments were timely. I received test results and returned phone calls quickly. The clinic was clean and spacious. Ultrasounds were performed in the Riverside office (based on my preference) and retrievals/transfers were performed in LA based on the embryo testing and storage lab location...
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
The process can be overwhelming. Ask as many questions as necessary to be comfortable with the process.
Dr. Saadat was patient and answered all of my questions. He made me feel very comfortable and confident with the procedures.
I can’t recall the details as I underwent the retrieval in 2018 and did the embryo transfer in early 2019.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
The nursing staff at the Riverside, CA location were amazing. They helped break down the IVF process and made me feel comfortable at every visit. They were experts at drawing blood, educating me on the injecting process, and sorting out all billing questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The Riverside, CA clinic was organized and appointments were timely. I received test results and returned phone calls quickly. The clinic was clean and spacious. Ultrasounds were performed in the Riverside office (based on my preference) and retrievals/transfers were performed in LA based on the embryo testing and storage lab location.
I had some benefits through my employer
Dr. Saadat left the decision to me after discussing risks.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Two days prior to my egg retrieval procedure, I was seen in the LA office on Saturday for a final ultrasound and to receive medication for my egg retrieval process scheduled on Monday. I had an issue with the instructions and medication I received and called the clinic for clarification but wasn’t able to get a hold of anyone. I was instead connected to an after-hours messaging system and left an urgent message but didn’t receive a callback. As I wasn’t able to get clarification from the clinic about how to administer one of the medications needed for the retrieval, I had to call a third-party service for guidance. That was the only issue I encountered during the entire IVF process. Everything still turned out successful.
Burbank (closed)

Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. ...Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome....I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical case
They [Reproductive Fertility] were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen [Goldstein] communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team...The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients..... She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
After we saw Dr. Ellen, we became pregnant two times on our own without medical intervention and sadly suffered devastating miscarriages at 8 and 13 weeks respectively. Dr. Ellen was consistently involved, present, and intimately involved with the entire care team to review results and develop a course of action for both my reproductive future and my health. Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome. With that she developed treatment options while also providing an immensely caring resource to help my husband and I through this tragic period. She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical cases. She is highly trained, incredibly experienced, and approaches each patient with the utmost determination. I would advise all of her patients to approach Dr. Ellen with an open transparent attitude and a cooperative desire to build their team for their reproductive future.
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. Following the results of her meticulous studies, she recommended treatment with IUI and clomid. However we finally got pregnant on our own.
We started to get pregnant on our own following our workup and Ellen's close monitoring. Sadly for our case of unexplained fertility and recurrent pregnancy loss stemming from undiagnosed LUPUS, anti-phospholipid syndrome, and what would later become the most severe form of preeclampsia, HELP syndrome in which I lost my 3rd pregnancy and nearly died. Had it not been for Ellen, I would have died. She was the leader of of OBGYN team, and was constantly involved with 65 specialists from 15 specialties at UCLA Ronald Reagan as they fought for my life. Even as I spent 7 days in ICU, Dr. Ellen was constantly involved, watching my medical data and providing feedback, leadership, and support to my family and husband as I was incapacitated.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
They were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients. Because we didn't do treatment here given most of my medical treatment in the hospital. As such, I don't have much to comment.
We didn't do treatment and got pregnant on our own.
We did not do IVF. We no input on this.
West Hollywood

Has the personal touch! Calls you directly. You can feel that he [Dr. Jabara] feels your pain. When we miscarried he cried and was as upset as we were. He doesn't talk down to you. He gives you all the time in the world so you must be patient. But you're entrusting your future children in his hands so get to know him. He provides you his cell phone and answers your calls!! Weekends as well. He is a great communicator via text, email and calls.
Clean and classy location. Parking can be tricky but with early 6:45a appointments it isn't too bad. They [Reproductive Fertility Center] offer water and coffee and the restrooms offer feminine supplies that are much needed during treatment.... They have a big caseload and office to manage. Sometimes you have to remind them of what you need.... Surgery center for egg collection was around $42,000 and doctor costs were around $10,000. FET was $4000. Assisted hatching is $600.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility?
Has the personal touch! Calls you directly. You can feel that he feels your pain. When we miscarried he cried and was as upset as we were. He doesn't talk down to you. He gives you all the time in the world so you must be patient. But you're entrusting your future children in his hands so get to know him. He provides you his cell phone and answers your calls!! Weekends as well. He is a great communicator via text, email and calls. I tell everyone about him and encourage people to switch to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility?
Be patient as he does run behind but he's worth it!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility?
Remembers you and your history. Speaks to you like an adult and not a child. Always is warm and kind and doesn't rush you.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Jabara took everything into consideration when making our plan. He just didn't give us the cookie cutter plan and send us on our way. He talked things out with you and gave you choices. He admits when things didn't go as planned. He didn't back down on stims since he knew we had a once per lifetime coverage. I was safe the entire time but we baked as many eggs as we could.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Clean and classy location. Parking can be tricky but with early 6:45a appointments it isn't too bad. They offer water and coffee and the restrooms offer feminine supplies that are much needed during treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
As mentioned before the nursing staff are overwhelmed and need reminding sometimes. I've had to call twice for medication refills and also call twice to speak with the billing department
Sami Jabara
West Hollywood
Dr. Ghahremani is very approachable. Also don’t be afraid to say you don’t want to do certain medication or treatment, she will be understanding and respect your decision. ... Dr. Ghahremani keeps it real but Ofcourse in a sensitive and emphatetic manner. ... Every time we have been phased with a challenge or an obstacle due to being a poor responder, she gives me a sense of hope by not giving up. I feel very comfortable telling her how I feel, what I hope and what I feel is best.
One of the greatest strength of the clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is their advanced technology and equipment. And Ofcourse their amazing staff. They also have other amenities for their patients, like acupuncture. ... Very welcoming, kind and compassionate. Always smiling and making patients feel validated. ... [nursing staff] Very welcoming, kind and compassionate. Always smiling and making patients feel validated.
How was your experience with Mandana Ghahremani at Reproductive Fertility?
From the very first time I met Dr. Ghahremani I was very impressed by her compassion and her knowledge. She did not sugar coat anything and I absolutely love that. She is very honest but without sounding rude or insensitive. Every time we have been phased with a challenge or an obstacle due to being a poor responder, she gives me a sense of hope by not giving up. I feel very comfortable telling her how I feel, what I hope and what I feel is best. I like that she gives suggestions but doesn’t push anything on me. She makes me and my husband feel like it’s our decision at the end. I love that when she emails me or calls me she always asks me how am I. I like that about her.overall my experience with Dr. Ghahremani has been great, eventhough we still haven’t achieve pregnancy. I know it has nothing to do with the Dr. but more with how my body responds to treatment. I look forward to my experience in working with Dr.Ghahremani in our next phase of treatment with Ivf
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mandana Ghahremani at Reproductive Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. This is your body, your money. Dr. Ghahremani is very approachable. Also don’t be afraid to say you don’t want to do certain medication or treatment, she will be understanding and respect your decision. Also be prepared not to get any guarantees. Dr. Ghahremani keeps it real but Ofcourse in a sensitive and emphatetic manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mandana Ghahremani at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Ghahremani is very compassionate and empathetic. She takes her time hearing my concerns or answering any questions I may have. She doesn’t rush through any information being given to me. She always available outside of our appointment via email or phone. When she talks to me I feel heard, understood and not like I’m some number.
Describe the protocols Mandana Ghahremani used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
1. Clomid 100mg to induced ovulation due me not ovulating. 2. Clomid 150mg since I didn’t respond to 100. 3. Clomid 200mg since I didn’t respond to 150. 4. Moved on to injectables. 5. Menopur 2 vials, then moved up to 3 and then 4 and had iui. 6. After negative pregnancy test moved on to menopur again starting with 4 vials. Treatment was canceled second week due to body stop responding 7. Met with Dr. Ghahremani to go over failed treatment and make new plan. Plan and consulted about ivf. Now currently waiting to start ivf next month.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
One of the greatest strength of the clinic is their advanced technology and equipment. And Ofcourse their amazing staff. They also have other amenities for their patients, like acupuncture. To this point I have not noticed any weakness if the clinic. The only thing I would say is expect traffic since the location is amidst a traffic location.
Describe Mandana Ghahremani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
Mandana Ghahremani
2012 - 2018, Successful
Tina and Anna [nurses at Reproductive Fertility] are super nice. I saw them the most. They seem to care about you...I did ivf mini cycles...The ivf cycles were about $8000 not including meds...I wish the Glendora office had more appointments available...They’re there just once a week. However they do have a location in riverside and that wasn’t nearly as bad as going to West Hollywood...Dr Sadat is very warm and accommodating to financial concerns. He doesn’t insist on doing the tests at his facility if you can get a better deal somewhere else... is one of the nicest doctors I’ve seen. He really seems to want his patients to have children. I’ve been to other doctors who treated me like someone they were just getting money from. He’s very calm and kind...he’s not always available at the clinic patients usually go to. His main office is in West Hollywood and that’s far for me.
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Saadat is one of the nicest doctors I’ve seen. He really seems to want his patients to have children. I’ve been to other doctors who treated me like someone they were just getting money from. He’s very calm and kind.
Infertility treatments definitely cost a lot of money so be prepared for that. Also he’s not always available at the clinic patients usually go to. His main office is in West Hollywood and that’s far for me.
The nursing staff is incredibly nice, especially Tina and Anna. Very empathetic. Dr Sadat is very warm and accommodating to financial concerns. He doesn’t insist on doing the tests at his facility if you can get a better deal somewhere else.
I did ivf mini cycles. The first time was in 2012 and I didn’t need as much of a high dose. I used gonal f and menopur. This last cycle I was on much higher doses based on advanced age.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
Tina and Anna are super nice. I saw them the most. They seem to care about you.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I wish the Glendora office had more appointments available since it’s the nearest to me. They’re there just once a week. However they do have a location in riverside and that wasn’t nearly as bad as going to West Hollywood.
The ivf cycles were about $8000 not including meds.
He’s willing to transfer multiple embryos if they’re not very good quality. My first transfer with him, I had 4 embryos transferred and I got one little girl.
Burbank (closed)
Dr. Saadat is the best doctor I have EVER had. He talked to my husband and I in a way that we could not only understand - but in a way that didn't make us feel dumb....Dr. Saadat treated me with compassion, warmth, and understanding. I can never thank him enough. I never felt awkward or uncomfortable. He even took my call after hours! I never had to wait to see him and he always greeted me so nicely. I never left his office confused.
This clinic [Beverly Hills Repro Fert] is very clean, appealing, quick to respond, and always helpful with anything you could need. The nurses and staff with guide you through it all - don't be afraid! Everything will be sorted for you and you always have someone to call with any questions that might come up...Tasha is a rockstar! From the second I met her in my consult I knew she was going to be awesome. She ALWAYS takes my calls, answers my emails, and treats my with the most respect. She is so skilled in all that she does. I am so lucky to work with her.
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Be your own advocate! I would tell this to anyone going through an infertility journey. Dr. Saadat will get you where you want to be!
For my first IUI, we used Gonal F injectables, folic acid, baby asprin, and prenatal. I then did a trigger shot. For my second IUI, Dr. Saadat doubled my dose and added Tamofixen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
This clinic is very clean, appealing, quick to respond, and always helpful with anything you could need. The nurses and staff with guide you through it all - don't be afraid! Everything will be sorted for you and you always have someone to call with any questions that might come up.
Dr. Saadat offers packages for IUI's and IVF rounds. Everything is listed on his website.
2014 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Goldstein] was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. ... Always willing to accommodate our schedules. ... We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility - West Hollywood] was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were. ... We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr.Goldstein was an amazing doctor. She was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing. Always willing to accommodate our schedules.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is always available and willing to answer questions.
DR. Goldstein took the times to explain the procedure and made sure we understood what our next steps were.
We started out with injections and we were going to do a fresh transfer, my body didn't react well to the egg retrieval and decided to do a frozen transfer instead. We got pregnant on the first try!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were.
Dr. Goldstein was very conscious of the cost. She was willing research the best prices on medications needed. We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
West Hollywood
Dr. Lin always talked to my husband and I with care, and answered our questions with respect. He felt for us and knew how desperately we wanted to get pregnant and he always explained journey step by step. He laughed with us when needed and felt with us when things got hard. He’s the best fertility doctor!!... As a patient I always felt taken care of, and that he was trying his absolute best to make our dream happen. He explained each step knowing that this was all new to us, and always took the time to meet with us after each appointment if we had further questions.
This clinic [Reproductive Fertility Ctr] was always clean, comfortable and put together. He nurses always had a smile on their faces when we walked in and greeted us. They were super helpful and made sure we were taken care of. We always felt that they truly cared and always remembered my preferences... Jennifer was always willing to answer all my questions even if it was silly. I could Call her or email her at anytime and get a response in a timely matter
How was your experience with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility?
Ask him questions if you have them, he’s always more than happy to explain things and help you better understand what’s happening or going to happen. He truly cares and truly wants you to get pregnant so trust him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James P. Lin at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
This clinic was always clean, comfortable and put together. He nurses always had a smile on their faces when we walked in and greeted us. They were super helpful and made sure we were taken care of. We always felt that they truly cared and always remembered my preferences
James P. Lin
West Hollywood
First we tried egg retrival with genetic testing [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. It didnt work out. So she suggested we try fresh transfer the second time. And thats when it worked for us...She was very candid and straight forward. She even gave us her personal phone number to reach her at anytime...She was very informative. Her knowledge was very good. She offered us different options. She was very attentive to us. She made sure we were confortable trying treatments. She was very punctual. She made sure we understood everything.
Clinic parking was very expensive [at Reproductive Fertility], however their was plenty parking on the street. Clinic was very clean nice, fancy and confortable to be at. They do the retrieval in the same building. Definitely would recommend the clinic as a good place to go...They were always making sure we were ok. And were very caring to making us feel confortable
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Make sure Ellen Golstein Is available thru your treatment.
First we tried egg retrival with genetic testing. It didnt work out. So she suggested we try fresh transfer the second time. And thats when it worked for us
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Clinic parking was very expensive, however their was plenty parking on the street. Clinic was very clean nice, fancy and confortable to be at. They do the retrieval in the same building. Definitely would recommend the clinic as a good place to go,
Ellen Godlstein was very consionsce of the moeny we spent.