Glendora
500 E. Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91501
310.929.6707

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Goldstein is the perfect balance of optimism and realism...Dr Goldstein encouraged my questions (and after hours emails!) at all times...Appointments with Dr Goldstein are on time, not too long, not too short and always a pleasure. We always have a laugh...Trust her advice and list of practitioners (especially for the HSG test which can be painful but was made a good experience due to her thoughtful referrals)...
[Reproductive Fertility] Strengths - free valet parking on site, cheap parking rate, clinic and lab all in one location...Nurse Gunay was amazing - supportive and so excited for me! Always prints off my pictures to takes home and schedules me around work times...the patient coordinator made the call to check this [insurance] for me, AND got it in writing from my insurance, so when the insurance tried to charge me for labs, I had the email and BOOM charges gone...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is the perfect balance of optimism and realism - I am someone who needs the facts and needs to understand exactly what is going on with me, and Dr Goldstein encouraged my questions (and after hours emails!) at all times. I truly believe she accurately predicated why I was having fertility issues and was able to resolve them ON THE FIRST TRY. Appointments with Dr Goldstein are on time, not too long, not too short and always a pleasure. We always have a laugh.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Book now. Do not delay. Trust her advice and list of practitioners (especially for the HSG test which can be painful but was made a good experience due to her thoughtful referrals) and you're set. Don't wait. Do it now. Fertility is a very tenuous thing, and I wish I had of seen Dr Goldstein years earlier.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
From the very first appointment Dr Goldstein was warm, funny, uplifting and informative. She made me feel normal, and her confidence that she would get me pregnant had me trusting her from day one. I am so so happy I was recommended to Dr Goldstein by my friend.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
1. Blood tests for genetics diseases and STI's for both me and hubby 2. HSG dye test at referred clinic (thank god I went there - this procedure can be overly drawn out and painful but the Dr was amazing and we were done in minutes.) 3. Monitoring of egg production via ultrasound while on clomid for 5 days 4. Ultrasound before insemination reveals clomid produced eggs but thinned out my uterus, Dr Goldstein was very honest in saying this round might not be optimal, BUT if we do get pregnant it would not impact the pregnancy. Told me that next round we can use different drugs so left feeling hopeful and not defeated. 5. Arrived for sperm collection and IUI. Clinic saw us on a Saturday which was AMAZING! Dr again stressed that this could be a practice round - very good job managing my expectations 6. Blood test to check pregnancy two weeks later 7. PREGNANT! Dr Goldstein shared my joy 8. First scan - TWINS! Over the moon. She made a dream come true for us. Little heartbeats present.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Gunay )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Strengths - free valet parking on site, cheap parking rate, clinic and lab all in one location, very nice looking clinic with the most delicious candy at the front desk and tea and coffee and magazines and tv. No complaints here! Oh - they are nice and quick to come in and see you after you're undressed - no waiting around pant less haha
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility.
Totally covered by insurance AND the patient coordinator made the call to check this for me, AND got it in writing from my insurance, so when the insurance tried to charge me for labs, I had the email and BOOM charges gone. I only pay a co pay for any additional appointments not related to IUI and even then it's only $35 a pop. Ultrasounds free under insurance.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
I did not do this procedure

2021 - 2022, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein stays on top of the latest scientific research...She is highly responsive via email. She genuinely cares about her patients and is attentive to your Ultrasounds, Bloodwork, and anything else you might bring up as a relevant health concern. Every Ultrasound was conducted directly by her, not just a Technician. She pays attention to your data. She is forthcoming...When I asked about supplements or various treatments I had read about, she would answer honestly as to whether or not she felt data on that particular topic was persuasive or not...
Gunay [nurse at Reproductive Fertility] was warm, professional, and organized. I felt safe and confident with her as Dr. Goldstein's support. Melissa, Care Coordinator, and was very responsive about administrative questions, especially when I was changing RE's at the 11th hour (from another office to Dr. Goldstein). She schedule me for Diagnostic Ultrasound with speedy turnaround....
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein stays on top of the latest scientific research, which is always changing in the field of ART, thus something I find valuable. When I asked about supplements or various treatments I had read about, she would answer honestly as to whether or not she felt data on that particular topic was persuasive or not. She is highly attentive to patient results as they unfold, conducted all ultrasounds directly, and called me with bloodwork results herself. I feel very much that she cares sincerely about her patients' outcomes, and prides herself in providing excellent care. It is clear she is rooting for each individual to have ideal outcomes (given the realities of the data). While it is a plus to have a female RE, there were other female RE's that I did not want to work with, based on reviews. Dr. Goldstein's reviews are stellar, and were ultimately the reason I switched RE's just before starting ER 1. I had already done my AMH and Consult with another clinic (with good reviews), but my gut said to go with Dr. Goldstein. My first ER (of 2 planned) began with a sub-optimal reaction to one part of the protocol. I decided to continue forward and Dr. Goldstein was supportive of the decision. She ultimately left it up to me since there were upsides/downsides to canceling vs. continuing. Since your first Cycle always has a Diagnostic element to it, I chalked it up to "this is all part of it", and continued with Stims, hoping for the best.
Definitely meet with her. Do your research and interview several RE's, but she is worthy of your shortlist! If you have underlying health issues that affect fertility, be forthcoming, as well as reading about your individual circumstances. Your consult is a great place to get a feel for how your questions, concerns, treatment, and interactions will continue. Do your homework, then go with your gut. Good luck!
I interviewed 3 RE's from my shortlist (whittled down via extensive research), and Dr. Goldstein was my favorite. She is highly responsive via email. She genuinely cares about her patients and is attentive to your Ultrasounds, Bloodwork, and anything else you might bring up as a relevant health concern. Every Ultrasound was conducted directly by her, not just a Technician. She pays attention to your data. She is forthcoming.
First ER: Microdose Leuprolide Protocol, Gonal-F (or Follistim, same thing), Menopur. Pregnyl 10000 Trigger shot. Additionally, we discussed BCP or Estrace priming to line up the follicles. I went with Estrace, because it tends to suppress for fewer patients. Second ER m: same, minus Estrace, as I happen to have a sensitive system, and Estrace did not work well for me compared to most patients. We also discussed alternately trying Antagonist protocol, but since the initial protocol seemed to prompt a good response (minus Estrace) and minimal side effects for my body, we will likely repeat same with the one omission. Additionally (*not per her protocol*), I chose to do Acupuncture 1x/week in the 5 weeks leading up to ER, and 1x/month prior to that for about 6-months. I started supplements about 6-months before (not rigorously, but occasionally, and at lower doses early on). Then upped to daily supplements in the 5 weeks leading up to ER. Most of the supplements came from "It Starts with the Egg" or lists I read about from similar recommendations, forums, or friends' RE's. Per Dr. Goldstein, CoQ10 is the one that is most impactful (and if you do a lot of reading, that is the one that has the clearest science), so she said whatever I wanted to take outside of that was up to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gunay)
Gunay was warm, professional, and organized. I felt safe and confident with her as Dr. Goldstein's support. Melissa, Care Coordinator, and was very responsive about administrative questions, especially when I was changing RE's at the 11th hour (from another office to Dr. Goldstein). She schedule me for Diagnostic Ultrasound with speedy turnaround.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Dr. Goldstein is the reason I chose this clinic, and I do not regret the choice. I feel confident going into another cycle. All clinics (as in any business) are a mix of humans, all humans are complex and varied. :) I felt grateful that the people I spent the most time interacting with in this clinic are top folks.
I paid upfront Professional Fees for 2 ER cycles, which was discounted more than paying for 2 Single ER Cycles separately. This part of the fee was comparable to other LA clinics. Surgery/Anesthesia/Storage line items higher than other LA clinics I compared with. Cancellation of Cycle Fees more strict than some other Clinics I compared to. Fees for everything *after* Egg Retrieval (ICSI, PGT, Thawing, Assisted Hatching, Implantation) higher than the other clinics I compared to, but my upfront Egg Retrieval seemed slightly lower if I paid for 2 cycles. Long term, I will end up paying more than the other 2 clinics I narrowed to, but my upfront costs for 2 ER retrievals were comparable, so I am kind of caught in the middle, as you generally are safer staying with same clinic for thawing, embryos, PGT, and implantation, but I noticed that the Lab fees, Storage, and all individual line items AFTER ER are higher. Everything except the initial professional fees run a bit higher. One surprise cost was that the Lab (where surgery is done) charges another $750 ($712.50 on auto-pay)/ year, beyond the $1200 fee that is already listed in the line items for the ER. That said, I think they are comparable with many well-rated LA clinics. Not necessarily the highest end of the spectrum, but within the mid-to-above middle range. The tough thing about fees for Fertility Services, is you don't really get a full menu of rates for everything you need (until the very end of the line) from any clinic. Rare exceptions to this rule are CNY (obviously a budget place), and maybe KindBody who seems to be more upfront about pricing. I noticed friends who did this procedure in NY city had lower costs, but maybe IVF/Egg Freezing just costs more in LA than NY (rare for most costs).
We haven't gotten that far yet, but I believe I have read here that she believes in single embryo transfer. Again, I have not had this discussion with her, just what I believe I read online, so please verify yourself directly.

2022, Successful
[Dr. Goldstein] was kind, took time to explain everything and set realistic expectations given my body's limitations, and always answered questions quickly via email...The first cycle was cancelled due to a cyst, but it was gone the next month. I did 11 days of 150 iu Gonal-F plus 2 powder vials of Menopur per day, 4 days of Cetrotide at the end of the cycle to slow the bigger eggs, and got 10 eggs retrieved (9 frozen). The previous two cycles, I got 6 and 3, respectively, so this was a much better response.
[at Reproductive Fertility] I mostly worked with [the nurse], who was kind and great at calling with results, or explaining protocol patiently...$5800 for the retrieval and ultrasound appts; $3000 for the drugs...I would have liked more effort in figuring out why my insurance didn't cover this round of treatment when they had before, though I do think they tried...I'd also like there to be a payment plan to make it more accessible.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was the second doctor I went to in my fertility journey, and the experience was night and day different. She was kind, took time to explain everything and set realistic expectations given my body's limitations, and always answered questions quickly via email. I'm so sad it took me 3 cycles to find her - always go with your gut, and find another doctor if you don't feel like your first one cares enough!
No advice
Dr. Goldstein is clearly very invested in her patients and very involved in the cycle from start to finish.
I have diminished ovarian reserve, so we started hormone treatment on the first day of my period, after I came in for an ultrasound. The first cycle was cancelled due to a cyst, but it was gone the next month. I did 11 days of 150 iu Gonal-F plus 2 powder vials of Menopur per day, 4 days of Cetrotide at the end of the cycle to slow the bigger eggs, and got 10 eggs retrieved (9 frozen). The previous two cycles, I got 6 and 3, respectively, so this was a much better response.
I mostly worked with Gunay, who was kind and great at calling with results, or explaining protocol patiently.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I would have liked more effort in figuring out why my insurance didn't cover this round of treatment when they had before, though I do think they tried. I saw that they didn't try to run it through insurance (as in, the $6k that I paid out of pocket isn't showing up against my out-of-network deductible). I'm calling my insurance tomorrow to try to figure it out. I'd also like there to be a payment plan to make it more accessible.
$5800 for the retrieval and ultrasound appts; $3000 for the drugs, and still waiting on the anesthesia/procedure clinic bill. My insurance didn't cover this round at all.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Goldstein was absolutely fantastic the entire way through the process. From the initial consultation, where she clearly laid out our options with a frank and honest discussion, to all of the times we emailed her with question and she responded within minutes to hours rather than days...We never felt pressured into one treatment or another; she made it very clear she was there to support whatever we needed. When we had questions we could email or call her, and we received responses usually within an hour, and this was even after hours...
the clinic [Reproductive Fertility] was easy to find, clean and modern, and we were receiving ultrasounds weekly so we always knew what was going on with the babies. They also went out of their way to work with my insurance (as I had fertility benefits I was able to use)...The nursing staff was fantastic. There were two or three nurses that we saw with regularity, and each were attentive and helpful....
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and very easy to talk to. We never felt pressured into one treatment or another; she made it very clear she was there to support whatever we needed. When we had questions we could email or call her, and we received responses usually within an hour, and this was even after hours. We could not have been more happy with our choice of doctor.
Go with Dr. Goldstein. She was fantastic and very willing to answer all questions we had. It is extremely obvious she valued us as people, not just as a source of income.
Dr. Goldstein was absolutely fantastic the entire way through the process. From the initial consultation, where she clearly laid out our options with a frank and honest discussion, to all of the times we emailed her with question and she responded within minutes to hours rather than days, she was great. If we were to go through a second round we would absolutely go with Dr. Goldstein again.
The primary issue we had with getting pregnant was male factor infertility. Dr. Goldstein's examination of my wife showed no problems on her side, and that we were ideal candidates for IVF (while my sperm count was a bit low, it was well over what was needed for IVF). She offered IUI, but given our ages we opted for the highest chance of success with IVF. She used a natural cycle approach, so we timed the medication the injectable medication in accordance to when her last cycle was. While taking the full round of injections we visited Dr. Goldstein at least twice a week for ultrasounds (which she herself conducted) and blood testing. At all times we could tell how the eggs were growing where she was. After the "trigger shot", there was the egg retrieval, which again was done by Dr. Goldstein. The eggs were fertilized and frozen in preparation for my wife's next cycle (again, in accordance with her natural cycle approach). A couple weeks (I believe) after the next cycle, we went back in for the transfer. Again, Dr. Goldstein did this. I was able to join my wife in the room while this happened, and she even provided us a picture of the embryo prior to implantation. After the transfer, we continued following up with Dr. Goldstein, and we were scheduled to come back into the office to test and see if the transfer was successful. My wife and I were very excited though so we took at home test -- success. We emailed Dr. Goldstein, and she replied within a few minutes (which was typical for her) with a very excited email and we moved up the visit to confirm. The first ultrasound that occurred after this period we were in for a surprise. Though Dr. Goldstein had implanted only one embryo, there were now two babies growing. Dr. Goldstein had been very clear that there was an increased chance for this to happen prior to the beginning of treatment due to "assisted hatching". Throughout the first 10 weeks after implantation Dr. Goldstein continued to have us come in weekly to check on their growth As we continued through the 10 weeks, we also did a genetic screening test using my wife's blood (non-invasive for the babies) and the results came back that they were genetically normal and that they were identical baby boys. Dr. Goldstein was always careful to check with us before she told us the sex to ensure we wanted to know. After the 10 weeks, we transferred to the OB doctor who will be delivering the twins.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I honestly don't know of any weaknesses. The only doctor we saw at the clinic was Dr. Goldstein, so I can't speak to the other doctors' competencies. However, the clinic was easy to find, clean and modern, and we were receiving ultrasounds weekly so we always knew what was going on with the babies. They also went out of their way to work with my insurance (as I had fertility benefits I was able to use).
I believe it was about $20K for the full freeze / transfer cycle and associated medications. However, I had an absolutely amazing fertility benefit called Progyny so my portion was only around $2K.
Dr. Goldstein had all the embryos tested and ranked according to how well developed they were. Her strong opinion was that we start out with only one embryo transfer, and so this is what we did. The embryo that we chose was the "healthiest" one available.
2021, Unknown Success
Dr Goldstein used as little medication as possible and worked to meet my timing needs for the IVF cycle and retrieval. She also was able to meet my needs and special accommodations due to my anxiety and PTSD...She carefully monitored and titrated my medications throughout my more complicated IVF cycle to ensure that I did not get PCOS. She called and checked in on my multiple times throughout the process. Any concerns and she made the time to talk it through with me
The [Reproductive Fertility] practice is great and timely but I feel that they often don’t get back as quickly as I wished. So I found that emailing Dr Ellen Goldstein was just faster...~$21,000 for IVF cycle Not sure of the IUI but it was about 175 for ultrasound and consultation...They are very nice and always were caring and sensitive. I never felt that they were grouchy and always felt welcome.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is attentive to every detail. She is careful and calculated and I trust her medical decisions completely. She carefully monitored and titrated my medications throughout my more complicated IVF cycle to ensure that I did not get PCOS. She called and checked in on my multiple times throughout the process. Any concerns and she made the time to talk it through with me. She was always professional and pleasant at each appointment. Dr Goldstein is always available and I didn’t need to search google for answers because she was always right there with the answer and a return email was often received faster than any google search would have even answered it! She really cares about me as a person and I feel deeply connected. She is part of my team, rooting for me and working with me step by step in this emotional journey. I couldn’t have done this without her (she was the 3rd provider I tried) and thankfully I found her! Every practice has its strengths and I feel that Dr Ellen is the perfect mix of all! Superb medical knowledge and understanding of statistics mixed with the human and faith aspect of knowing that we will do all we can and hope is never lost as it will only take one embryo to have your miracle. And she really gave me hope and continues to. Hopefully we will have our baby soon.
Dr Goldstein was so supportive of me and my husband and gave us all the time in the world that we needed in our initial consultation - highly recommend that you meet with her for an in person consultation! She also is careful about how much of each medication she orders and she watches her spending carefully so that you pay the minimum needed for a successful IVF cycle. If anything comes up, email has been the easiest way for us to reach Dr Goldstein and also by far the fastest.
While being treated by Dr Goldstein I really feel like she takes the time to talk to me, answer all emails, share my emotions and discuss the depths of whatever comes up in this process. She was willing to adjust and work with me in ways no other Dr was able - such as adjusting my timing of treatment to avoid Saturdays as much as possible for religious observances, she made adaptations to the typical procedures to accommodate for my needs as a result of my PTSD, she answered emails and call late at night and was available at a drop of a hat when things were confusing or unclear during the IVF cycle. She tracked all my cycle and meds as a human and I felt like I was her only patient!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The practice is great and timely but I feel that they often don’t get back as quickly as I wished. So I found that emailing Dr Ellen Goldstein was just faster! They are very nice and always were caring and sensitive. I never felt that they were grouchy and always felt welcome.
Haven’t had this as part of my treatment
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Somehow the front desk staff lost some documents that we filled out and we had to have them resent a second time. They also didn’t call with my results until after I requested the results from the doctor. I was expecting the nurse to call me when the results were received.
2019 - 2021, Successful
I saw him [Dr. Peyman Saadat] at every visit, he was gentle and compassionate and understanding and very patient - I had multiple quesitons and sometimes i was asking the same questions each visit and he always had time to talk and explain and keep us involved every step of the way...adjusted the medication dosage during my 2nd cycle based on whatever he saw in my monitoring labs. In addition, he added an infusion on the day of transfer, which noone else suggested. Whatever he did was successful, we are pregnant and I am due in a few months!!
The amazing thing about this office [Reproductive Fertility] is that it is small enough that you will see the doctor every visit, and the same faces every visit, but big enough to have the most up to date knowledge and techniques, as well as using a new state of the art embryology lab in the same building...come early to your appointments to find street parking...
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
As i mentioned, I have been to a couple of other offices prior to coming here and my experience was completely different with Dr. Saadat. I saw him at every visit, he was gentle and compassionate and understanding and very patient - I had multiple quesitons and sometimes i was asking the same questions each visit and he always had time to talk and explain and keep us involved every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
My best advice is to do your research - there is a reason that Dr. Saadat has so many 5 star reviews. One other bit of advice - come early to your appointments to find street parking ;)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
After being treated at other clinics I thought I knew what to expect but it is totaly different with Dr. Saadat. I saw him at EVERY appointment. He did ALL of my ultrasounds and answered all my questions each and every time and took care to make sure I understood
Describe the protocols Peyman Saadat used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember the exact protocol, but I know that it changed when I started a new cycle, and he also adjusted the medication dosage during my 2nd cycle based on whatever he saw in my monitoring labs. In addition, he added an infusion on the day of transfer, which noone else suggested. Whatever he did was successful, we are pregnant and I am due in a few months!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: lizette)
Lizette and honestly all of the staff are amazing. They never rushed me, and lizette answered my questions by phone or email even after hours. I know that I had a LOT of quesitons but I never was made to feel like i was bother her. Everyone was friendly and kind, and welcomed me to the office each time. I honestly never had a bad experience
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The amazing thing about this office is that it is small enough that you will see the doctor every visit, and the same faces every visit, but big enough to have the most up to date knowledge and techniques, as well as using a new state of the art embryology lab in the same building
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility.
We were cash patients, and when we met with the financial coordinator everything was explained in detail. our financial agreement laid out all the costs in detail, and the reason for each procedure was thoroughly explained
2020 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Saadat] gives his FULL attention, answers your questions in detail and makes sure you are involved and part of each decision and step. I cannot say it enough - he is extremely kind and patient...from day one i felt like i was listened to and cared for each and every interaction, whether phone or in person or email. Dr. Saadat and his staff responded promptly to any and all of my questions and kept me informed throughout my journey...
The office [Reproductive Fertility] is big enough that I felt like i was getting the latest treatment options that are available, but small enought that I saw my dr, Dr. Saadat at each visit. He did ALL my ultrasounds...parking is EXPENSIVE - come early and find street parking...iui cycles with clomid are about $1000 and IVF is about 10,000. overall i did 1 ti, 3/4 iuis and 1 ivf and frozen embryo transfer, and 4 ob visits for about 15,000...
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Saadat is the most compassionate and caring Doctor I have had, in any type of medical care. He gives his FULL attention, answers your questions in detail and makes sure you are involved and part of each decision and step. I cannot say it enough - he is extremely kind and patient.
Dr. Saadat gives complete answers to questions, for each patient and so occasionally he m ight be running just a bit behind schedule but never more than 15 min - at least in my experience also, parking is EXPENSIVE - come early and find street parking
I have been a patient with Dr. Saadat since 2020 and from day one i felt like i was listened to and cared for each and every interaction, whether phone or in person or email. Dr. Saadat and his staff responded promptly to any and all of my questions and kept me informed throughout my journey
ANT/ 375-225gf/1M/TMX/CC
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Silvia)
Silvia is amazing. I don't think I am an easy patient, and I know that I called and emailed Silvia almost every day, sometimes multiple times. Not only did she respond promptly, but she never made me feel like i was bothering her or that my questions were silly. i was so comfortable with her that i wish she was going to be at my ob/gyn office!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
This is a pretty new location I think for this office and it is gorgeous, right on sunset. The office is big enough that I felt like i was getting the latest treatment options that are available, but small enought that I saw my dr, Dr. Saadat at each visit. He did ALL my ultrasounds
2021, Consult
Dr. Goldstein took a thorough history for both me and my husband, and explained well to us what could be contributing to our recurrent miscarriages. She ran tests on what she thought were all necessary rule outs...without testing for things that she thought were frivolous--though I got the impression that she would run other tests if I requested them...She was responsive at all times, gentle, validating, and patient...
Front desk staff [at Reproductive Fertility] is kind, responsive, and friendly. Parking was easy--there's a garage that you can pay for, but we were amazingly able to find parking on sunset. We saw the doctor herself and not nursing staff in her place...When we requested medical records she [nurse] was quick to respond, and when we needed tests ordered she got us the slips right away...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein took a thorough history for both me and my husband, and explained well to us what could be contributing to our recurrent miscarriages. She ran tests on what she thought were all necessary rule outs (noting that the likelihood was simply poor egg quality, but testing for other possibilities) without testing for things that she thought were frivolous--though I got the impression that she would run other tests if I requested them. We made the decision to do IVF with eggs I had frozen a few years ago, and she explained what that process and all the risks would be for that. However, during the process of getting started with those eggs, I got pregnant again. I emailed her on a Sunday to tell her--but I was not hopeful at all given our history. She was immediately responsive, and positive but not annoyingly so given my emotional state. I asked her if I should use progesterone supplements because I'd read about that for women with recurrent miscarriages. She said she did not think there was evidence that I needed it yet and I should get tested for HCG/progesterone the next day, but offered to write the prescription anyway if it would help me feel better because it wouldn't hurt. I've never experienced that from a doctor before--I've been told no each time I asked an OB. I took her up on the offer and started the sups, and did HCG beta testing the next day. She called me personally with results as soon as they came in. Because the pregnancy seems viable so far, we paused on the process for IVF but are keeping the door open. I didn't feel any pressure from her to press forward with the embryo making...I've felt supported the whole way, and if this doesn't go positively, she is someone I would feel incredibly safe doing the next step of this process with.
Dr. Goldstein addressed my feelings about having had recurrent pregnancy losses, and while she explained the statistics to me and the likelihood of different outcomes with IVF, she was attuned to how my grief/anxiety might impact my choices just as much as the data. She was responsive at all times, gentle, validating, and patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lizette)
Lizette was kind and responsive to emails. We never met in person. Her emails were a bit hard to understand, and we had to call for clarification a couple of times. She seemed to assume we knew more about the process/necessary steps than we did, but explained things in more detail when we asked her specifically. When we requested medical records she was quick to respond, and when we needed tests ordered she got us the slips right away.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and in a great building. They do blood draws in house, though they send them to quest for results so it's easy enough to go to quest if you prefer. Front desk staff is kind, responsive, and friendly. Parking was easy--there's a garage that you can pay for, but we were amazingly able to find parking on sunset. We saw the doctor herself and not nursing staff in her place. It was as great an experience as something like this can be.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Both my husband and I had a blood test for our karyotypes, STDs, and about a million other things for me but only those two for him...we were waiting for results and eventually were told that the order for his karyotype test had somehow not been logged in the system so Quest never got results for us. It wouldn't have been a huge deal other than he's afraid of needles so getting him to do another blood draw is an uphill battle!

2021, Successful
Dr.G [Goldstein] made her self available during business hours and after business hours through phone calls, zoom calls, and emails for questions and concerns of mine...she saw a small polyp, she highly recommended I do a hysterectomy to remove the polyp to have a successful transfer. Dr.Goldstein performed the egg retrieval for me, timing my body precisely and was able to have a very successful egg retrieval of 14 eggs...
I was able to make appointments on my availability and worked perfectly with my work schedule...The staff was great, they scheduled me at times I was available to go in at. My primary nurse Zynnia was great she always communicated with us...We decided on only one [eset] my body was ready and timing was everything on a natural cycle transfer...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein set a plan for us, she timed everything precisely. I was able to make appointments on my availability and worked perfectly with my work schedule. Any questions and concerns that we had were answered and explained in detail by Dr.Goldstein.
To be open minded about a plan the Dr. Goldstein sets, she understands your body and timing is important.
Dr.G made her self available during business hours and after business hours through phone calls, zoom calls, and emails for questions and concerns of mine.
When I started my journey with Dr.Goldstein she saw a small polyp, she highly recommended I do a hysterectomy to remove the polyp to have a successful transfer. Dr.Goldstein performed the egg retrieval for me, timing my body precisely and was able to have a very successful egg retrieval of 14 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zynnia)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Strengths are availability for appointments, great staff, great drs. Weakness would be location, some patients might not live close by, but with great drs like Dr Goldstein we drove out of our way for her.
I was a cash patient, didn’t have insurance. I had to get a medical loan out from a recommended/secure place Dr Goldstein had recommended.
We decided on only one my body was ready and timing was everything on a natural cycle transfer.

2021, Successful
Dr. Ellen Goldstein's biggest strength is her willingness to communicate and openly empathize with her patients...We felt that Dr. Ellen Goldstein was invested in our journey through her listening and her actions. She always made the time to explain and respond to every concern or complaint my husband and I had. She was also proactive in reaching out and frequently checking in on how we were going...
The clinic staff [at Reproductive Fertility] are all welcoming and friendly. Initially I was not assigned a nurse and that did lead to some disorganization. But Dr. Ellen Goldstein stayed on top of everything and made sure we were well taken care of...Every nursing staff I interacted with were all lovely. Kyra assisted with organizing my prescriptions with my pharmacy...there were times where we were confused with cost breakdowns because of the different ways which Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person described things.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein's biggest strength is her willingness to communicate and openly empathize with her patients. Our previous experience with other fertility doctors, is that they have kept themselves partially detached, which made the process harder for us, as it was hard for us to tell if our concerns were being taken seriously. As such, having a doctor that gave part of themselves meant a lot.
Make sure that Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person are on the same page. While we eventually got the correct information, there were times where we were confused with cost breakdowns because of the different ways which Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person described things.
First FET: Endometrin suppositories starting 3 days prior to transfer - unsuccessful - Dr. Ellen Goldstein decided to start with a blank slate and follow my natural cycle using day 5 embryos. My previous transfers (4 unsuccessful day 3 embryos) were performed in Australia, with no success. Second FET: Estrace 2mg starting 2 weeks prior to transfer + Progesterone 100mg/mL IM starting 6 days prior to transfer - both continued for 10 weeks - successful - Dr. Ellen Goldstein's rationale was we should take a more controlled approach this time given the result of the previous cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
Every nursing staff I interacted with were all lovely. Kyra assisted with organizing my prescriptions with my pharmacy, at times at such short notice, which I truly appreciated.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic staff are all welcoming and friendly. Initially I was not assigned a nurse and that did lead to some disorganization. But Dr. Ellen Goldstein stayed on top of everything and made sure we were well taken care of.
$7200 IVF freeze + PGS

2021, Unknown Success
There were a couple of times when there were scheduling mixups that were definitely because my care coordinator [at Reproductive Fertility] told me a different date then what she wrote down. And there was also one time when she drew blood and just walked away at the end with no bandaid given or anything. It felt like she was always very very rushed...There were always follow up calls from staff. They also accommodated me on days when their staff might have otherwise been on holiday
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My experience with Dr Goldstein as an IUI patient for four cycles was very pleasant. She explained all options and potential outcomes very clearly and helped us manage expectations. After my 4th unsuccessful IUI cycle, she reached out to see how things were going since I hadn’t booked another one, and the concern seemed genuine. I’ve since become pregnant naturally (I’m at 9 weeks and I became pregnant two cycles after my last IUI).
Ask as many questions as possible, no matter how off-the-walk they seem to you or if you feel you may come off uneducated. Dr. Goldstein will answer any and all questions with zero ego and a full intention to inform you of all details involved with your fertility journey.
Dr. Goldstein had lovely bedside manner during all 4 IUI treatments we did with her. She also made sure to always personally follow up with me which made me feel very cared for.
Since my insurance covers nothing fertility-related, my partner and I could only afford to try IUI, not IVF. So we did 4 cycles. Each cycle was accompanied by a timed trigger shot and fertility meds (Clomid three times and Letrozole once because Clomid gave me headaches and hot flashes).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zinnia)
There were a couple of times when there were scheduling mixups that were definitely because my care coordinator told me a different date then what she wrote down. And there was also one time when she drew blood and just walked away at the end with no bandaid given or anything. It felt like she was always very very rushed. But nonetheless, I really enjoyed seeing her because she has a pleasant and upbeat attitude which is nice in an environment like that.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Everyone there is extremely kind and attentive. The environment is clean and comfortable. There were always follow up calls from staff. They also accommodated me on days when their staff might have otherwise been on holiday because they wanted to make sure they got the timing right.
I believe each round of IUI was roughly $1,300 out of pocket since I have no insurance coverage for fertility visits. There was also a fee of roughly $100 for blood testing.
2021, Successful
dr. saadat had me use injectable medication but it was a different calendar than what i used at my other clinics. also, i did more ultrasounds this ivf cycle with dr. saadat and twice i had to adjust my medication based on what he saw in my labwork and ultrasaound...Dr. Saadat has 3 offices, so you may have to visit a different location if your appointment falls on a day he is not in the main office...
every time i came in to the office [Reproductive Fertility] i was warmly welcomed. the whole team is very responsive to questions and concerns...The downside would be that the parking at the main office in west hollywood is insanely expensive, and the clinic does not validate, so you will pay like $25 for parking each visit, unless you come early and find street parking...about 21k including medication here with Dr. Saadat. this was for a ivf and 2 transfers one fresh one frozen...
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
This is such a difficult experience that having someone like Dr. Saadat on your team makes all the difference. Not just because he so successful, but also because he is kind and compassionate, which makes such a difference.
I was never made to feel like a bother. every time i came in to the office i was warmly welcomed. the whole team is very responsive to questions and concerns .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: gunay)
Gunay, and really all of the staff, are so kind and patieint. i emailed gunay all the time. all the time. and she alwasy responded same day. i called a lot too, and never got the feeling that I was a pain in the neck.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The location itself for the main office is beautiful. the office is really nice. I like how responsive and friendly everyone here at the office is. The downside would be that the parking at the main office in west hollywood is insanely expensive, and the clinic does not validate, so you will pay like $25 for parking each visit, unless you come early and find street parking.
we spent about 21k including medication here with Dr. Saadat. this was for a ivf and 2 transfers one fresh one frozen

2021, Successful
I signed up to do surrogacy. He [Dr. Saadat] checked my crevice and started me on medication to get my body prepared to hold a child. Then he implanted twins in me and every time I come in he checks on the kids and I continue my medication. He is very friendly and helpful...He was very nice and helpful the nurse were friendly and help answered and questions I had. I could contact then at anytime and they would respond...
They are just the nicest and make you feel accepted and not judge every time I’m there. They help answer questions I may have, the are knowledgeable, kind and hard working people. Everything is done at one Location and you work with the same People every time you go in...I could contact then at anytime and they would respond Tasha [nurse] is the best very helpful and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly. The whole environment was a great experience...
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
He was very nice and helpful the nurse were friendly and help answered and questions I had. I could contact then at anytime and they would respond Tasha is the best very helpful and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly. The whole environment was a great experience
Ask question he won’t bite. Very nice people
Friendly helpful and informative
I signed up to do surrogacy. He checked my crevice and started me on medication to get my body prepared to hold a child. Then he implanted twins in me and every time I come in he checks on the kids and I continue my medication. He is very friendly and helpful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tasha )
Tasha is amazing. She is so helpful and well educated. She is kind and caring and texts me anytime if day if I need her
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
All cost were taking care of by the parents
Describe Peyman Saadat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
I have multiple embryo transfers I am currently pregnant with twins
West Hollywood

Dr. Goldstein is truly a concierge doctor. She made sure to explain every step along the way. She was available via email almost any time of day. Her overall demeanor was personable and genuine. She spent all the time you needed with her during appointments and it never felt rushed or hurried...Dr. Goldstein knew all the verbiage surrounding treatment of members of the LGBTQ community. She always treated me and my partner with respect and love
The [Reproductive Fertility] nursing staff is BUSY there. I would sometimes have to call and email multiple times about lab orders or protocol before I would get an answer..All of that being said, the ball never got dropped on me...The clinic is in a nice building in Beverly Hills. The surgical center where transfers are done and their labs are located in the same building so that was nice. Everything always seemed clean and sanitary.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
A woman in this field who is as humble, caring, brilliant and amazing as Dr. Goldstein is something I didn’t know existed. She is confident in her skills and puts it all out there for her patients. She also specializes in natural transfers which was a GOD SEND. After all the injections of the retrieval, the last thing I wanted to do was inject myself with an intramuscular needle for weeks. You will also always see her at your appointments (minus blood draw appointments). She is your person so there’s no way your information gets lost or miscommunicated. It’s also nice when you’re in such a vulnerable place to be able to see the same friendly face at each visit and not just feel like you don’t know who will be doing procedures that truly emphasize the vulnerability factor of infertility. As I may have stated in another section, Dr. Goldstein’s communication and ability to give a response in a timely matter is top notch. I emailed her at 7 pm one night during my nightly suppository because I had minor spotting and there was an email response within 10 minutes. Any time anything fell through with her nurses, she would just handle it herself. No question was ever too silly, no concern was ever too petty. She addressed all and any questions or concerns I had throughout the entirety of our treatment with compassion and fact based information. I never felt like she didn’t have my back.
Trust her. She will not give you the runaround or try to squeeze you for extra services. She’s the real deal and has your best interest at heart.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur and then eventually Centrotide for my egg retrieval stims. I used Lupron for my trigger shot. Dr. Goldstein was able to retrieve 31 eggs. Throughout the lab insemination process, the embryologist and Dr. Goldstein diagnosed me with low egg quality. We had already committed to PGS testing on the embryos so in the end 8 went in for testing and 4 came back as normal. For my FET I did a natural transfer cycle so the only meds I was on were Endometrin suppositories a little bit before the transfer. The natural transfer cycle did mean that I had to go into the office considerably more often, sometimes 3-4 times a week, to get my blood drawn and levels checked. Blood draws had to be done in the AM so results would be in same day. FET was normal but a bit uncomfortable due to the full bladder. Transfer went smoothly and now I am pregnant with our first IVF baby.
How competent was Ellen Goldstein at LGBTQ care?
Dr. Goldstein knew all the verbiage surrounding treatment of members of the LGBTQ community. She always treated me and my partner with respect and love. She also let us know certain extra legal steps we might want to take advantage of since both of our genetic material would not be used during our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kyra)
So. This would be my only negative part of this experience. The nursing staff is BUSY there. I would sometimes have to call and email multiple times about lab orders or protocol before I would get an answer. Often I would give up and email Dr. Goldstein who would take care of it personally. Nursing staff there was adequately nice most days but also almost always seemed overworked and tired. The one friendly face I could always count on was Gunay. Every interaction I had with her was a positive one and that surely could not be said about some of the other staff there. All of that being said, the ball never got dropped on me because Dr. Goldstein made sure of it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
A complete IVF cycle totaled $20,175. That included her professional fee, Anesthesia, Operating room, ICSI, Assisted Hatching, Embryo biopsy, PGT test on up to 8 embryos, Cryopreservation (freeze) for any remaining embryos, Embryo thaw, and Frozen embryo transfer cycle.
West Hollywood

Dr. Sadaat always made sure I was completely aware of what was happening, and was very thorough in answering my questions most of the time...the monitoring appointments during the cycle were always with Dr. Saadat...I felt like I didn't get a consultation or explanation about why that happened and what we could do differently, we just launched into the next round of treatment.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Fertility] is fantastic, especially at the Riverside office. They seem to remember everything about your case, and are so responsive answering questions. They are always very friendly and compassionate when you come into the office...Some strengths include the response time when you have questions, the offices being very clean and nice, and the availability of appointments.
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Saadat is very good at his job - there were times I had concerns about my lining not being thick enough, not absorbing enough of the progesterone supplements, etc, and he always had a solution to change things up a bit. And when he did change things (for example my type of trigger shot) he took the time to explain why and how to use this new method. The only time I felt confused was after my chemical pregnancy. It must have been a really busy day, but I felt like I didn't get a consultation or explanation about why that happened and what we could do differently, we just launched into the next round of treatment.
Stay on top of asking questions, and if you feel like you didn't get to do so during your appointment, the clinic is great with following up when you call or send emails.
Dr. Sadaat always made sure I was completely aware of what was happening, and was very thorough in answering my questions most of the time. There were a few times that I felt confused by the information I was given though, and I had to follow up afterwards to clarify.
The first IUI was done with a low dose of Clomid. I produced two mature follicles and used the Ovidrel trigger. I was also given progesterone vaginal suppositories to use after the IUI. This round was unsuccessful, but the donor sperm count was not very good. The second IUI cycle was done with a higher dose of Clomid, and again the Ovidrel trigger. I believe I had two mature follicles as well. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. When I had my progesterone tested during the beta HCG testing, it was found to be on the low end, so I switched to injectible progesterone just before we found out the pregnancy was chemical. The third cycle was an even higher dose of Clomid, I believe I had 2 or 3 follicles, and used a different kind of Trigger (Pregnyl). I took the injectable progesterone and my levels were better, however the IUI was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
The nursing staff is fantastic, especially at the Riverside office. They seem to remember everything about your case, and are so responsive answering questions. They are always very friendly and compassionate when you come into the office.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Some strengths include the response time when you have questions, the offices being very clean and nice, and the availability of appointments. I also liked how, except for one ultrasound because I didn't have time to travel to a different office, the monitoring appointments during the cycle were always with Dr. Saadat. The clinic has good success rates from what I've heard, so I'm hopeful it will happen for us. One thing I would ask them to improve on is it make sure to offer a sit down consultation after something like a chemical pregnancy, as not everyone understands what has happened and may need assurance about what to do going forward.
I paid out of pocket, about $1300 per IUI. The initial ultrasound during my consultation was also an extra $75.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
When COVID-19 started out I wasn't contacted to rearrange an upcoming appointment. I understand that this is an unusual circumstance though.
Riverside

As we were using donor sperm, we went straight to IUI [with Dr. Peyman Saadat]. We used clomid, and when it was unsuccessful the first time, the dose was increased. The second resulted in a chemical pregnancy. After the third cycle, with another increased dose, was unsuccessful we decide to move forward with injectibles for the next IUI round which is in progress...At times when the clinic was very busy I felt like my chart was not reviewed before the appointment, but other times Dr. Sadaat was very thorough and informative. I do understand this though, and was able to ask questions I wanted answers to. The support staff are always fantastic and helpful.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Fertility] are excellent - they are so kind and compassionate, and quick to answer any questions. This is especially true of the Riverside/Glendora staff who we primarily worked with. The first cycle required a lot of information about the medication and timing, how to give injections, etc and they made sure we were well informed and prepared...Each IUI was around $1200...Overall the clinic is great - they are good communicators and they clearly know what they are doing. I have hope that we will be successful with them soon. The only negative thing I really have to say is be careful not to make patients feel rushed. This didn't happen often, and we understand there are busy days, but these days make you feel very discouraged as a patient dealing with infertility.
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Sadaat is very knowledgeable and thorough. At times he can make you feel rushed at your ultrasound appointments, but if you slow down and ask questions he is sure to give you thorough answers. He also listens closely to any concerns you may have and tries to address them.
Always asks questions if you are unclear or unhappy with something that is happening.
My experience definitely varied. At times when the clinic was very busy I felt like my chart was not reviewed before the appointment, but other times Dr. Sadaat was very thorough and informative. I do understand this though, and was able to ask questions I wanted answers to. The support staff are always fantastic and helpful.
As we were using donor sperm, we went straight to IUI. We used clomid, and when it was unsuccessful the first time, the dose was increased. The second resulted in a chemical pregnancy. After the third cycle, with another increased dose, was unsuccessful we decide to move forward with injectibles for the next IUI round which is in progress.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
The nursing staff are excellent - they are so kind and compassionate, and quick to answer any questions. This is especially true of the Riverside/Glendora staff who we primarily worked with. The first cycle required a lot of information about the medication and timing, how to give injections, etc and they made sure we were well informed and prepared.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I think we paid about 300 for the initial consult and ultrasound/AMH test. Then we arranged to have the required blood tests through our primary care doctor so that was covered under insurance. Each IUI was around $1200.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Once we had to call to get blood test results, and another time we were called to be told our appointment was cancelled due to the office being closed, and we had already travelled to the location.

2017 - 2020, Unsuccessful
The nurses and other staff were all great to work with [at Reproductive Fertility - West Hollywood]. Responsive, friendly...Reproductive Fertility Center was good in every way except one: billing... I must repeat that we still very much liked the rest of the staff and everyone else we encountered. But if you're considering Reproductive Fertility Center, please ask carefully about the billing, who is handling it, and if you will get itemized receipts.
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Dhesi has a wonderful bedside manner and spent as much time as we needed during each visit (we always had lots of questions). She was straightforward with us, as requested, and gave us as much information as she had. We especially appreciated her telling us when she didn't have clear-cut answers -- she consulted with other doctors and literature to get us more information. She told us about current research data and percentages but would also give us her opinion when we asked, which we greatly valued. Our situation was a tough one where the diagnosis wasn't clear. At times, it seemed to be one thing, at other times another. Multiple doctors disagreed based on our ultrasounds and other factors. Dr. Dhesi did the best that she could for our tough situation, and we wholeheartedly recommend her. Our only criticism is that at the time we started seeing her (2017), she may have been less experienced than others who have a decades-long wealth of knowledge. But that is not a criticism of her skills or ability. She stays up to date with current research, which gives her an advantage over older doctors who may have become complacent. And she is absolutely trustworthy. She's one of the best doctors we've ever had, and because of that, we stuck with her throughout our multiple ordeals and setbacks.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Dhesi at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Dhesi has a wonderful bedside manner. Always spent as much time as we needed to explain and answer questions. She was straightforward with information so we could be objective as possible about our situation while also maintaining a sense of deep caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lizette Vasquez)
The nurses and other staff were all great to work with. Responsive, friendly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
We saw Dr. Dhesi at both Kaiser Permanente (LA Medical Center) and at Reproductive Fertility Center (aka RFC WEHO, aka Peyman Sadaat clinic in West Hollywood). The following is about the latter, since that is where we did our IVF. Reproductive Fertility Center was good in every way except one: billing. In our initial visit, we were handed off to Melissa, who explained the expected costs. She was friendly and seemed knowledgeable. We therefore thought she was involved with the billing. Not so. After we started the process, I called Melissa with questions about billing and was transferred to a woman named ILINCA HALFORN, who I must vehemently recommend against. I'm still not sure what Melissa's job was -- to explain the billing with a friendly face but to not actually have any responsibility with or for it? As for Ilinca, it wasn't just her general lack of friendliness; it was the antagonistic attitude with which she approached every single one of my questions. We are not difficult people, so when someone stops us mid-sentence before even get to our question and instead immediately takes an air of blaming us, as if "how dare you question me," we knew were in the presence of someone who hated her job. She took everything that was wonderful about the spirit and general operations of the clinic and staff and dragged all of that down to the worst possible level of experience. She left a seriously bad taste in our mouths. Worst of all, on top of being a bad apple in the entire wonderful barrel, is that she directly stood in our way as a threat to our receiving professional, friendly service. Please keep in mind that we paid every charge on time. We just had no ability to do anything other than placate and stroke her ego because she had the ability to derail us. We got the feeling that the staff there felt the same about her but also had no power to do anything. In what was already a heightened emotional journey, we found ourselves having to additionally mentally prepare for any interaction with her to make sure that we were not setting her off in any way. So what was the first question that started all of this? I asked linca for an itemized receipt of one of our large payments. The only receipts we got had their clinic and a dollar amount, which essentially says nothing. She seemed to have no idea why I would want such a thing and never provided one. We were lucky that our insurance covered some IVF costs -- however, whether or not it was Ilinca's doing -- we never got any breakdowns of costs associated with any procedures. These things I had to get from our insurance, and at some point we were just informed that we hit our insurance benefit maximum. It's possible that our procedures did add up to that maximum, but since I could never get any answers to any of the billing, including abnormalities with certain billing codes and certain tests that were farmed out to third party labs, it's not beyond reasonable suspicion to think that she simply billed our insurance as much as possible right up to that maximum regardless of the actual costs. I've never before dealt with any medical facility like this that did not provide even a minimal amount of satisfactory billing documentation. I must repeat that we still very much liked the rest of the staff and everyone else we encountered. But if you're considering Reproductive Fertility Center, please ask carefully about the billing, who is handling it, and if you will get itemized receipts.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Dhesi at Reproductive Fertility.
Reproductive Fertility Center was good in every way except one: billing. In our initial visit, we were handed off to Melissa, who explained the expected costs. She was friendly and seemed knowledgeable. We therefore thought she was involved with the billing. Not so. After we started the process, I called Melissa with questions about billing and was transferred to a woman named ILINCA HALFORN, who I must vehemently recommend against. I'm still not sure what Melissa's job was -- to explain the billing with a friendly face but to not actually have any responsibility with or for it? As for Ilinca, it wasn't just her general lack of friendliness; it was the antagonistic attitude with which she approached every single one of my questions. We are not difficult people, so when someone stops us mid-sentence before even get to our question and instead immediately takes an air of blaming us, as if "how dare you question me," we knew were in the presence of someone who hated her job. She took everything that was wonderful about the spirit and general operations of the clinic and staff and dragged all of that down to the worst possible level of experience. She left a seriously bad taste in our mouths. Worst of all, on top of being a bad apple in the entire wonderful barrel, is that she directly stood in our way as a threat to our receiving professional, friendly service. Please keep in mind that we paid every charge on time. We just had no ability to do anything other than placate and stroke her ego because she had the ability to derail us. We got the feeling that the staff there felt the same about her but also had no power to do anything. In what was already a heightened emotional journey, we found ourselves having to additionally mentally prepare for any interaction with her to make sure that we were not setting her off in any way. So what was the first question that started all of this? I asked linca for an itemized receipt of one of our large payments. The only receipts we got had their clinic and a dollar amount, which essentially says nothing. She seemed to have no idea why I would want such a thing and never provided one. We were lucky that our insurance covered some IVF costs -- however, whether or not it was Ilinca's doing -- we never got any breakdowns of costs associated with any procedures. These things I had to get from our insurance, and at some point we were just informed that we hit our insurance benefit maximum of $30k. It's possible that our procedures did add up to that maximum, but since I could never get any answers to any of the billing, including abnormalities with certain billing codes and certain tests that were farmed out to third party labs, it's not beyond reasonable suspicion to think that she simply billed our insurance as much as possible right up to that maximum regardless of the actual costs. I've never before dealt with any medical facility like this that did not provide even a minimal amount of satisfactory billing documentation. I must repeat that we still very much liked the rest of the staff and everyone else we encountered. But if you're considering Reproductive Fertility Center, please ask carefully about the billing, who is handling it, and if you will get itemized receipts.
Describe Amy Dhesi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
Transferred only one embryo at a time. Our problem has not been achieving pregnancy, but rather, recurrent pregnancy loss. Transferring multiple embryos could have resulted in twins/triplets, which could increase chance of miscarriage.
Amy Dhesi
West Hollywood

The office [Reproductive Fertility] is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information...I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My husband and I sought treatment from Dr. Goldstein after experiencing our third consecutive miscarriage. We were heartbroken, exhausted, anxious - all the feelings that accompany loss of this magnitude. Dr. Goldstein gave us hope, and helped me to find the courage necessary to continue our journey. I am so deeply thankful to have found her, and cannot emphasize enough how comfortable I was throughout my IVF journey thanks to her outstanding care. First and foremost, Dr. Goldstein took the time to ensure that my husband and I were active participants in our care. She completed a very thorough diagnostic workup that covered all bases. She discovered a small amount of scar tissue in my uterus, and recommended a hysteroscopy to remove it. My husband and felt comfortable and confident going into the surgery, and it went beautifully. After the hysteroscopy, we decided we wanted to pursue IVF, and Dr. Goldstein walked us through what the process would look like. She provided expert medical recommendations, but never pushed us in a specific direction. Instead she made sure we had the knowledge we needed to determine what course of action we were comfortable with, and supported us in our decision. Throughout the entire process, Dr. Goldstein was very hands-on. I saw her for every one of my appointments, and she preformed all my procedures. Her communication was exemplary; far above and beyond that of any other physician I’ve had. Dr. Goldstein personally responded to all inquiries quickly, including those I had on evenings and weekends. She also proactively reached out with frequent updates so we were always very well informed about where we were in the process. Dr. Goldstein and her office were also flexible, and I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
Dr. Goldstein truly made my husband and I feel like valued members of a team throughout our treatment process. From day one, she ensured we felt comfortable and confident in our understanding of our diagnosis and subsequent treatment. She is extremely accessible and lightning fast in her responses to any inquiries we had. We always felt valued, prioritized, and included every step of the way. We both feel incredibly lucky to have found such a dedicated, knowledgable and compassionate physician to care for us on our journey.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The office is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information.

2020, 21 Eggs Frozen
Single egg freezing treatment [at Reproductive Fertility]: $5100 Anesthesia: $500 Operating Room Fee: $1500 Cryopreservation of egg: $1200 Per cycle...The clinic is very boutique feeling in a central location. Parking is a bit annoying and can get expensive but you can sometimes find street parking if you plan ahead. If you're just going for a blood draw, let the valet know and they won't take your car far. The front desk/billing department responding in a timely manner and my experiences were fine, however, there were times with other patients who I presume were in more sensitive situations than I, that I felt the compassion and care Dr Goldstein and Gunay show wasn't quite there and that at times, they were treated simply as a person who owes a bill. while this doesn't impede the care in any way, it's something to be aware of and be sure that you fully understand the pricing and terms. Read the contract thoroughly. I did and did not have any questions or issues but this is the only area where I witnessed some area of concern or question.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein's communication and bedside manner are unmatched. She has this way of putting you at ease. She has genuine care and compassion and adjusts treatment based on what's best for you, understanding it's not always the outcome or information you want to hear. In my first cycle, I was not responding to the medication as we had anticipated. At my consult, I had I believe 17 follicles showing. On day 5, I had only 9 follicles and they were all growing very small. She expressed I might be a rare case that she might recommend cancelling. Because finances were not an issue for me regarding medication, she encouraged us to wait two more days to see the results and for me to de-stress as much as possible. I did and when I came back, my numbers had made a pretty significant rebound. We did have to adjust my number of days of stimulation but we ultimately ended up with 12 frozen eggs. Going from a potential cancellation to 12 eggs was just incredible and I'm thankful for her expertise and glad we held out. I wanted to do two back to back cycles but my numbers just weren't looking great so while we could have in theory proceeded, she advised me to wait and give myself a break. While disappointing, I appreciated her advice and the second cycle eventually occurred with another round of success.
Come prepared with your questions, but don't stress if you don't know what to ask. She will educate you every step of the way and you can trust she's not out to just get money. She will always recommend what's best for you, but also understands this is a physical, mental, and financially tolling process. Based on your needs in each of those spaces, she will tailor her approach to how you address if things don't go as planned. I no longer live in LA but would happily fly back if I do another round or need to go through IVF in the future - she's that good.
Dr. Goldstein has the most incredible bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. This is NOT an exaggeration. Fertility decisions are never easy, whether you're faced with the unexpected or are trying to plan. It is an extremely personal process with a physical and emotional toll. I had my consultation with Dr. Goldstein who instead of diving into statistics or the numbers, started by getting to know me as a human including why I was pursuing this path, where I was at in life, what kind of support I had throughout the upcoming process, etc and she tailored her care and support to match. The "data" and numbers came only after there was an established mutual respect and trust that she cared about ME. I left the consultation feeling truly empowered and that she was going to be by my side the entire way. And I was right. My first injection was scheduled to be the day their office shut down due to the Pandemic in the early days in Mar 2020. The devastation and unknowns were heartbreaking (especially as a single woman) but she helped level with me and I felt tremendously supported during a time of uneasiness for everyone. She checked in over the coming weeks just to see how I was doing and update me on the latest and when we got the green light to move forward again, she was ready. This time I had less support than I had anticipated due to the pandemic and again, as a single woman, I felt like she was the emotional support I needed. I didn't just feel like I had a knowledgeable practitioner, I felt like I had a friend who genuinely cared about me and looking back, I can't imagine having gone through this process with some of the dr's my friends have used. She performed every one of my ultrasounds, called with all of my results, always made sure I was knowledgeable about my levels, how many follicles I had, what sizes they were, and most importantly, educated me continuously at each and every visit. I never once felt lost or in the dark about what was to come and I know so much more about fertility in general thanks to her. When I went to do my second cycle, my body wasn't ready and she found the best way to share the news that I should take a break. We could have pushed forward but she wanted the best results for me. When I did resume for the second cycle after a short break, she carefully considered the adjustments we would make and I had another positive outcome.
First round: Birth Control Menopur Gonal F Cetrotide Novarel Second round (I think this is what I took - might be off on one of these): No birth control (it suppressed my ovaries too much) Menopur Gonal F Lupron Pregnyl Rationale for changing up the second round is that the birth control seemed to suppress my ovaries and my eggs were not all grow at the same size (there was one too large from very early on). The second round, all my eggs grew at the appropriate sizes and together. We suspect the stress of Covid, BLM, and having to start/stop treatment and unknowns related to covid played a factor in my slightly lower than expected numbers (when I destressed, numbers went up). She also recommended some great therapists to speak with since I was suddenly alone, in lockdown, doing this challenging alone. I found an incredible and experienced fertility therapist who really helped as well.
Gunay was absolutely incredible. My pharmacy told me that her notes regarding my prescription were the most clear, detailed notes they'd ever seen! She was incredibly timely in responding with any questions that I had and ensuring I understood everything Dr. Goldstein stated. She was always the last person I spoke with before leaving the office. She had an equally warm and compassionate bedside manner and approach. There were other nurses who did my blood draw and while my interactions were minimal, all were friendly and helped distract me (I'm terrified of needles). Gunay and Dr. Goldstein are a power couple in my opinion.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Single egg freezing treatment: $5100 Anesthesia: $500 Operating Room Fee: $1500 Cryopreservation of egg: $1200 Per cycle
2020, Unsuccessful
I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle... She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
I was assigned Kyra as my nurse [at Reproductive Fertility] , I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect...It's a beautiful and clean space. The waiting room, even though I am not ever waiting for long, is very comfortable. Every room I have been is clean and maintained. It doesn't feel like a doctors office, especially none of the ones I've been in...I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is the first doctor that took the time to explain why I am having difficulty conceiving. She has the prefect marriage of honesty and compassion without making you feel dim-witted. Within the first week of meeting her she scheduled a saline ultrasound that allowed her to see that I had polyps in my uterus. I feel like I have moved forward and have gotten so much accomplished within four months of knowing and working with her.
I'd say meet with her. She does have your back. I was so vulnerable our first meeting and she has shown me that I can trust her.
I honestly I am so happy to be working with Dr. Goldstein. She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
When I was assigned Kyra as my nurse, I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I was fortunate that I only had to pay out of pocket for one procedure, hysterscopy. I called many hospitals in the area and found paying the $3,000 was the best option, financially.
2020, Consult
Dr. Goldstein was so warm and kind the entire time. She spent her time answering all our questions and she made us feel comfortable doing so. She didn't make us feel like a number at all. She made us feel important and she acknowledged my anxiety and continued to give me TLC throughout the journey. She always answered my emails - even on the weekends. She definitely went out of her way to make me feel important and acknowledged.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is very nice and clean and they always have little treats to eat and coffee to make. However, the parking is terrible. Don't pay for the parking in the parking garage. Park on the street because it is free...We had a different nurse during each visit, but they were all warm and welcoming! We always got called in a timely manner and they were always kind
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
From the first consultation to Dr. Goldstein to the last appointment we had with her we felt nothing but appreciation for her. We went to a different doctor and practice before her and we could never ask questions and we were only given 5 minutes each visit. Dr. Goldstein stayed and talked with us until all our questions were answered. She was so excited when she was looking at our baby on the ultrasound and she would show us everything we were looking at with joy! We can't thank he enough for being such a warm and great doctor
If you want someone to help hold your hand through the process then she is your doctor!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and clean and they always have little treats to eat and coffee to make. However, the parking is terrible. Don't pay for the parking in the parking garage. Park on the street because it is free :)
I became pregnant shortly after I saw the doctor, so I am unsure of the costs. My insurance covered it all

Investor
[Dr. Goldstein] always communicated with me and answered every little question I had; she was patient, supportive and compassionate. She is also extremely knowledgeable as a doctor and always paints a realistic picture of what I should expect based on scientific data. I really found her approach and temperament very reassuring and I never felt anxious at any point in the cycle because I knew I was in great hands and getting the best treatment available.
Everyone [at Reproductive Fertility] is very professional and attentive. The wait times are non-existent...[staff] at the front desk are friendly and communicative. Someone always answers the phone and whatever you're calling with will get taken care of right away whether it's that you need another prescription for a medication or to change your appointment time or anything else. Emails are always answered really quickly as well.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I met with Dr. Goldstein for the first time in July 2020 and she immediately made me feel comfortable and earned my trust. She was very caring, professional, and attentive and listened to all my concerns and explained all my options in depth. At the time I had been trying to conceive on my own for over 8 years; I had seen several fertility doctors and run all the standard tests, and the consensus was that I had unexplained infertility. I did an initial cycle of IUI with Dr. Goldstein in December 2020. My odds of conceiving were around 12%. The IUI did not result in a pregnancy - and I had kind of expected that because I knew I was going to need a more aggressive form of treatment. In March 2021 I was finally ready to start a cycle of IVF. Dr. Goldstein was really great throughout the whole process: she always communicated with me and answered every little question I had; she was patient, supportive and compassionate. She is also extremely knowledgeable as a doctor and always paints a realistic picture of what I should expect based on scientific data. I really found her approach and temperament very reassuring and I never felt anxious at any point in the cycle because I knew I was in great hands and getting the best treatment available. My IVF cycle went better than I could have hoped for - I got pregnant after the first embryo transfer and I am due February 1st, 2022. I also still have 6 other healthy frozen embryos that I can use in the future. I am so grateful that I found Dr. Goldstein! After 8+ years of infertility I'm finally pregnant and I couldn't have asked for a better experience leading to this pregnancy. Dr. Goldstein made sure that I knew every step of the way that she was truly invested in this process and cared about me and my results. She always made me feel supported and I was never alone in the process.
You can really put all your trust in Dr. Goldstein. She is very kind and an expert doctor. You can ask her tens of questions about every little thing that is on your mind and she will answer each one of them patiently. She has a lot of knowledge and you will never leave her office feeling confused or worried or anxious. You will know right away after an initial consultation with her that she truly does care about her patients and their success, and you can take a deep breath knowing that you're being taken care of by the best that's out there.
Dr. Ellen Goldstein was very kind, compassionate, polite, and realistic from day 1. She always made me feel comfortable and supported in my journey, and I knew I could trust her from the get go. I never felt like she did not care about me as a patient because she obviously did and continues to do so. I am almost in my 2nd trimester now and she continues to answer my questions when I write her emails. She is extremely knowledgeable and truly a great doctor. She sets realistic expectations based on the science. But the results I got with her completely surpassed my initial expectations. So happy I chose her.
The main thing I recall is that after checking my hormone levels and seeing how I was reacting to IVF medication she knew right away that my cycle would very likely have to be a frozen cycle. A fresh embryo transfer was not going to be an option for me because of how high my hormone levels would be after the egg retrieval. We had to wait for my body to calm down and for the hormone levels to normalize after the retrieval, so we waited one cycle (about 4 weeks) to do a frozen transfer. The first frozen transfer worked and I am now 11 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tasha Carmack)
Tasha Carmack was great - she is a very positive and friendly person and I always appreciate that. She answered all my questions about the financial aspect of my IVF journey and she is just a pleasant person to talk to. She is on top of her game and will make sure to remind me of anything she thinks I might be forgetting (like bringing signed paperwork back on my next visit). She also explained how I should use IVF medication properly and was happy to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I think that this an overall great clinic. I did not encounter anyone who was unpleasant in any way. Everyone is very professional and attentive. The wait times are non-existent. If you make an appointent at 2pm they will call you in at 2pm 95% of the time. The remaining 5% of the time it will be by 2:15pm. The people at the front desk are friendly and communicative. Someone always answers the phone and whatever you're calling with will get taken care of right away whether it's that you need another prescription for a medication or to change your appointment time or anything else. Emails are always answered really quickly as well.
$11675 for egg retrieval and doctor's fees $3300 frozen embryo transfer $5200 for genetic testing of embryos IVF medication was separate and included birth control pills, injections, progesterone suppositories... probably totaling $2000-$3000 roughly.
She explained to me that my odds of conceiving (especially since I had done genetic testing on my embryos) were pretty high - about 70-80% per transfer. Therefore she did not recommend transferring more than 1 embryo at a time. She explained that twins carried more risks (such as premature birth and other complications) and it was just much better to have one healthy baby. I was in complete agreement with her and took her advice. It is definitely not worth it to try and save money by transferring multiple embryos and then ending up with twins and having numerous complications down the line. I trusted the science and knew that with such high odds I should just transfer 1 embryo at a time. It all worked perfectly.
West Hollywood

I went through egg retrieval process [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]...We retrieved 13 eggs and from that 5 embryos. We did genetic testing on our embryos and got 2 normal embryos. We selected the best one and underwent natural cycle embryo transfer a month later...She explained to us reasons for why she recommended single embryo transfer based on evidence based medicine...is very personable and explained everything in detail. She made me feel comfortable despite my high anxiety level. I felt like she was invested in this as much as we were.
About $23,000 for IVF and $8,000 for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]...The clinic was run very efficiently. I didn’t have a long wait time to see the doctor or get my blood works/US. Smooth, in and out of the clinic, without any hassles...My nurse was efficient and put me at ease during daily blood draws. I was updated on results right away and instructions were given in a clear manner. Great communications from the staff.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I had such a great experience with Dr. Goldstein. I live in Alaska and we don’t have REI, so we flew down to LA for our IVF. Dr. Goldstein and her staff made this journey so smooth and pain free, coordinating everything perfectly. Dr. Goldstein is very personable, hands on, and detail oriented. She also made me feel comfortable every step of this process despite my high anxiety level after experiencing multiple miscarriages prior to my IVF. The best part is that Dr. Goldstein does natural cycle embryo transfer, so no painful IM injections, which was one of the reasons I was hesitant about IVF initially.
Trust her 100%. She knows what she’s doing and very good at it!
Dr. Goldstein is very personable and explained everything in detail. She made me feel comfortable despite my high anxiety level. I felt like she was invested in this as much as we were.
I went through egg retrieval process after giving myself hormone injections and a trigger shot. We retrieved 13 eggs and from that 5 embryos. We did genetic testing on our embryos and got 2 normal embryos. We selected the best one and underwent natural cycle embryo transfer a month later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic was run very efficiently. I didn’t have a long wait time to see the doctor or get my blood works/US. Smooth, in and out of the clinic, without any hassles. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
About $23,000 for IVF and $8,000 for medication.
West Hollywood

Doctor Goldstein always worked with us to try and keep our costs low. The entire cycle cost us about $14,000 with medications at about $3,000. It was worth every penny...was very compassionate from the moment my fiancé and I sat down with her for a consultation, but at the same time straight to the point. She did not put any pressure on us to go through the IVF process, and she tried to find the best and safest route for us while also trying to save us some money since we were paying our treatment out of pocket. Dr. Go
We did have a few setbacks when it came to paying for our procedure [at Reproductive Gynecology], but the staff and doctor were all very accommodating to make sure it was corrected for us...For the most part of our cycle, Gunay [nurse] was also there every step of the way...We definitely missed her when we were assigned to a new nurse because she was the only nurse on staff at the time. I can’t remember her name, but she was not compassionate at all. Very robotic and emotionless. We were so excited to see Gunay back towards the end of our cycle, and she was so excited for us when she found out we were having twins.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My fiancé and I are very private people. We chose to drive almost 2 hours to and from every appointment to see a female doctor, and Doctor Goldstein was worth every minute. Being that this was our first time going through IVF, my fiancé and I had so many questions and concerns regarding the process. From day 1, doctor Goldstein answered every single one of our million questions and continued to do so throughout our journey. She was very compassionate, yet straight to the point. I loved that she didn’t just tell us of all the positive outcomes, but also kept us in reality with the possible negative outcomes. At one of our appointments, we could tell that doctor was bothered by something although she tried hard not to let it show. Then after our ultrasound, she apologized and explained that it wasn’t a good week for her because one of her patients suffered a miscarriage. She didn’t give any details, but we could see the compassion and care that she has for each of her patients. This made me and my fiancé feel even more comfortable and trusting working with Doctor Goldstein. When we expressed wanting to transfer two embryos, she cautioned us of all the potential risks, but also supported us in our decision. Also, when we were a few days away from our transfer, Covid 19 started interrupting everyone’s cycles. Doctor Goldstein sat us down and explained how all fertility treatments were being strongly advised to be put on hold, but because we were only days away, doctor gave us the choice to move forward, or to pause our cycle. Of course we chose to continue, and she respected our decision. In March, our two embryos were transferred, and now my fiancé and I are so blessed to say that we are currently pregnant with twins. Throughout the entirety of our cycle, I constantly emailed doctor with question after question, and she would answer almost immediately. Even on the weekends. Whenever worries would arise, I would email doctor and she would immediately respond explaining in detail always settling my worries. My fiancé and I were sad when we had to move our prenatal care to Kaiser. We both miss her very much. In all honesty, my fiancé and I wish we could see Doctor Goldstein throughout our entire pregnancy journey.
Trust Doctor Goldstein. She is there for you every step of the way, and goes above and beyond to make sure you understand every step in the process, and also feel comfortable and safe throughout it all.
Doctor Goldstein was very compassionate from the moment my fiancé and I sat down with her for a consultation, but at the same time straight to the point. She did not put any pressure on us to go through the IVF process, and she tried to find the best and safest route for us while also trying to save us some money since we were paying our treatment out of pocket. Dr. Goldstein is amazing and I will keep sharing that over and over again with everyone I can.
Doctor Goldstein is very particular about her process. That was one of the things that my fiancé and I loved about her. She has been doing this for many years, and knows what works and what doesn’t. Even though every patient is different, she has found a process that works for most. Because our cycle ended up being in the middle of the whole covid pandemic, my fiancé and I asked if we could move our transfer date up just in case the center was shut down. We explained our concerns to doctor, but also let her know that we trust her fully and her decision. She advised us to keep our transfer date so that our estrogen and progesterone cycle would mimic her normal process and the normal process of my body. She did not want to go against what has been working for her and her patients. So we agreed with her, and kept our original transfer date. Now, we are blessed with twins, and can’t wait for our little ones to arrive.
For the most part of our cycle, Gunay was also there every step of the way. She was by Doctor Goldstein’s side until covid required minimal staff. We definitely missed her when we were assigned to a new nurse because she was the only nurse on staff at the time. I can’t remember her name, but she was not compassionate at all. Very robotic and emotionless. We were so excited to see Gunay back towards the end of our cycle, and she was so excited for us when she found out we were having twins.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I don’t think I have anything negative to say about the clinic. We did have a few setbacks when it came to paying for our procedure, but the staff and doctor were all very accommodating to make sure it was corrected for us. I think the only thing that set the clinic back was the covid pandemic, but that is out of everyone’s control. My fiancé and I will definitely be sharing our doctor and her clinic with everyone we know.
My fiancé and I started the IVF process already wanting to transfer two embryos. When we explained to doctor our wishes, she immediately let us know the risks of twins and multiples during pregnancy. She definitely gave us a lot to think about before our actual transfer, but we ended up going through with the two embryos and doctor Goldstein supported us all the way.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
There was a miscommunication with the person who handled the financial side of things, but as soon as it was brought to Doctor Goldstein’s attention, she had it immediately taken cared of for us.
West Hollywood

Under the care of Dr. Goldstein, I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns - sometimes I would hear from her less than 5 minutes after I sent an email which provided me with so much comfort and reassurance...From day 1, she clearly explained the cause of my infertility and mapped out a clear game plan. I appreciated her thoroughness in trying different a few different options before proceeding with IVF - it really made me feel she had our best interests at heart. I always felt crystal clear on the steps we were taking and my chances of conception. She also inspires a huge amount of confidence in her patients - when it came time for the egg retrieval during my IVF cyc
The clinic is very beautiful, clean, and easily accessible. They are mostly running on time, but sometimes in the mornings, it gets a little bit busy. Everyone I interacted with was nice, warm, and professional.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
When I was told by my OBGYN that I needed to see a fertility specialist, I was pretty heartbroken, upset, and honestly afraid. Dr. Goldstein was the first doctor I decided to meet with and I'm so glad that I did. From day 1, she clearly explained the cause of my infertility and mapped out a clear game plan. I appreciated her thoroughness in trying different a few different options before proceeding with IVF - it really made me feel she had our best interests at heart. I always felt crystal clear on the steps we were taking and my chances of conception. She also inspires a huge amount of confidence in her patients - when it came time for the egg retrieval during my IVF cycle, I was incredibly nervous. But as soon as she walked into the room, I instantly felt calmer and confident in the procedure. I've had nothing but excellent care under the direction of Dr. Goldstein and am thankful that my first experience with a fertility specialist was such a great one!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
While I was under the care of a few different nurses at reproductive fertility, they were always very warm and compassionate. My appointments were very easy to schedule and if there was a change, the nursing staff would reach out immediately to let me know.