Genetic counseling: Offered
Westerville
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?

2020
During our consults she [Dr. Priya Maseelall] sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct...was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was...at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment...RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
2020
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was. Although she was direct, at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Come into your consult prepared with any questions you might have. I had a list of them, and she did a great job of patiently answering each one until I felt comfortable and satisfied.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Although RGI Akron is a very busy clinic, they do a pretty good job of making you feel like a person through this journey. During our consults she sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct, which I really appreciated.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I had previously done 2 rounds of Clomid and IUI with a different clinic. She explained that she would like to try one more round of IUI using a different medicine, but if that didn't work we would proceed to IVF. For that round we used the oral Letrozole with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We didn't get pregnant, but we knew that our chances were very low for IUI to work.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment. For example when a procedure is complete letting me know whether to wait there when ready, or if they will be back with paperwork, etc. I felt unsure each time what my next set was before leaving.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a busy clinic so I have had to wait past my appointment time a few times. It is a private practice clinic, so things are a little more personal than my previous experience at a large Clinic. They are always good about getting back to me if I call and leave a message. They are one of the only clinics in the area that offers an IVF Guarantee program to bring home a baby. They have multiple locations, so if you need a different appointment time or location, they can be accommodating. Their blood draw lab is on-site, however they use outside labs to process all of their tests - this has led to confusion on the billing side to track what/who each bill was for. Their billing coordinator was very helpful in explaining the charges and different labs they use. I do wish that they had online medical records, I got used to that with my old clinic and think that would be a value add for them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
A lot of my testing was outdated (about 3 years old) so I had to have a fair amount of testing done to update my records. Because of that we had a large amount of lab costs. We were charged for our consult and the imaging done. I watch our medical charges carefully due to being mischarged in the past at another Clinic, and I haven't seen any charges through RGI that I didn't agree with. Our IUI was not covered, so that charge was an upfront cash fee.
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
We have not started IVF yet due to Covid-19, however RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
During our IUI cycle the clinic forgot to call in my prescription for my trigger shot. This is a time and temperature sensitive medication. They use a mail order pharmacy and told me that the lab would call me in time to receive my medication. When I hadn't heard from the pharmacy 4 days before I needed it I called them. They said they didn't have an Rx on file. So I had to call the clinic and get it sorted out, which they told me they forgot to send it. By this time it was the next day, a Friday, and I had to pay overnight weekend shipping fee to receive the medication in time for my Monday appointment. Only to get to my appointment and explain what happened to Dr Maseelall for her to say, they keep backups there in the office that I could have used. I was frustrated, but accidents happen. I also could have called the pharmacy earlier to check - and will from now on.
Akron

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family...has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic [of Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office...the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is very kind and compassionate. She not only took the time to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of our fertility problems but she also took the time to get to know us as a couple. Some may view it as a weakness, but I feel that a doctor that truly knows her patients and can actually empathize with them, with what they are going through, is far superior. She gave us honest, straightforward answers to every question we have asked. She has never sugar-coated anything, but has given us the truth and facts in a manner that was easy for us to understand but yet that we grasped the severity of the situation. Every surgery that she has performed on me, I sae her prior to the surgical appointment and then again in the OR prior to being put under. Which, for me, was a huge relief, knowing that she was there. My family is very strong in our faith and we pray about everything. And she has never looked at me like I was crazy or treated me like my faith wasn't just as important as her medical knowledge -which I had had in the past from a previous dr who told me that it wasn't! Dr Maseelall has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Go! Don't wait like everyone says. We listened to people -including drs- who said we had plenty of time. That we were still young. But guess what? Those people, those DOCTORS didn't diagnose me with PCOS, and because of that. The waiting just led to a more serious condition - complex endometrial hyperplasia with a-typia. Something that could have FULLY taken my fertility and ability to ever carry a child, had Dr Maseelall not caught it and then treated it with tenacity.
Dr Maseelall has always taken the time to answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION we have ever had. When our FET using donor embryo failed, she was more upset than we were!! We've been through so many let downs that we truly didn't expect a positive result, even though we tried to stay positive. She was genuinely upset and honestly, was puzzled as to why the embryo didn't attach. The entire staff treats you like you are the only patient they are seeing, taking the time to answer questions and really talk to you. After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family.
Our very first round, we used lupron to suppress my own hormones. Then I started taking estradiol and baby aspirin. We had to cancel the cycle because I spontaneously ovulated -something I hadn't done in nearly 7 years. She then had me take provera to force me to have a period to shed the lining. When our next cycle was to start, Dr Maseelall discovered that I had developed a cyst so she had us delay the cycle until the cyst disappeared or shrank. We then decided to use letrozole and use my own natural cycle to prepare my uterus and body for an embryo transfer using a donor embryo. I took 4 letrozole pills every day for 5 days. Several days of monitoring my lining growth and symmetry, the size of the follicles I was creating (I produced a total of 5 with 3 growing large enough to actually be released), and then followed by a shot of hCG to trigger ovualtion, followed by 1 week of progesterone shots, an FET using our donor embryo, and then followed by 10 days of progesterone shots.... And a negative pregnancy test. After the test came back negative, we had a heart-to-heart conversation with Dr Maseelall about our options and chances of our 2nd embryo (we only had 2) implanting if we did another round. She suggested doing an ERA test for our next round to see how receptive my uterine lining actually is. So we did it. Using the same protocol we used for our failed transfer. I only produced 3 follicles this time. And the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test. With Christmas a month away, we opted to take a month off and to regroup after the holiday. We have not redone the ERA test as of yet because we have been doing a lot of praying and reevaluating, and discussing the possibility of using a surrogate, which we had discussed with Dr Maseelall the last time we saw her.
Most of the time I have gone in, I have had the same nurse. Just because that is how her schedule fell. All of the nurses were kind and compassionate, taking time to answer questions when asked, and very thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI has several satellite offices in addition to their main office in Akron. It makes seeing your dr even more convenient. I first saw Dr Maseelall at a satellite clinic which was only about 25 minutes from my home, vs the hr drive to the main clinic. Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office.
The legal aspect of securing legal rights for our donor embryos cost $5000 for the 1st and an additional $2000 for the 2nd. Our FET cycle, without the cost of medication, cost $3500. For our ERA round, we paid for bloodwork only, which cost us $40 per stick, for a total of $160.
I am grateful that Dr Maseelall explained to us the reasons why she would only transfer one embryo for us. My health and safety were paramount for her.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later...[Dr. Maseelall] guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success...Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
The price for our IVF cycle [at Reproductive Gynecology] was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost...We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Doctor was great. She was involved every step of the way including testing, two surgeries, retrieval and transfer. She was ready to answer questions and help any way she could. When a road block came up during our treatment, she figured out a way to keep things moving and only pushed our time out a few weeks instead of anything longer. She keeps the patient and the situation in mind while doing everything so that her patients have the best chances of getting the baby they so badly want
Come to your appointments with any questions written down. You never know what will come up during your appointment, so having everything written down helps keep your mind on track, and also help if other questions pop up during the appointment so that you don't forget what you originally wanted to ask. Sometimes she can talk fast and move on, don't be afraid to ask her to explain something again, she is there to help so use her to your advantage
She is a great doctor. Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
Around two weeks of birth control to start. Then 10 days of stims - Menopur and Follistim for all 10 days, around day 5/6 we added in Ganirelix. Day 10 we did the trigger shot as well and 36 hours later we did retrieval. At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later. Being a first timer with IVF I didn't ask a lot of questions on the medications, I trusted that my doctor knew what the best course of action was for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle was great to work with. She always made you feel comfortable and encouraged asking questions. She even left a voicemail and left her personal cell phone number so I could call her back and talk. Michelle and Jenna were great with teaching us how to use the meds. We felt totally comfortable when starting injections because of the knowledge they gave us during the teaching demonstration
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall the clinic is great. We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great. Sometimes it can be overwhelming walking in and seeing a full waiting room, but they move fast since a lot of people are just getting blood work. The only thing I think they could improve (and this isn't all the time, just a few times) one of the ladies at the front desk sometimes isn't the nicest person. I get that people have bad days, but when you are working in such a sensitive area there should be more compassion and care when dealing with people over the phone and in the office.
Initial testing to determine cause of infertility was sometimes paid by insurance but most times it was not. The price for our IVF cycle was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost. For stims meds we paid about 3,500 for our 10 days of meds. The doctor prescribed them perfectly and we had nothing left over that was wasted, and we had enough to make it through all of our days. Meds for the frozen transfer prep were another cost. I believe those were around $1200. Some of those were covered under insurance so they were cheaper, but the Lupron kit was the most expensive of that process.
Doctor guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success

2016 - 2020
Unexplained, Other
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui [with Dr. Maseelall] resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
office [of Reproductive Gynecology] was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back...Jen [nurse] was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate...They told me my hsg test would be covered when it was not but they made it right by giving me a discount for some of it.
2016 - 2020
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She wants you to have a successful pregnancy and is very kind and blunt. She explains risks and has your best interests in mind. She makes you feel like a friend and is so happy if you become pregnant.
Make sure you figure out a way to get all your questions answered, it can be difficult in this clinic because they are so busy.
Dr always treated me like a human but office was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back.
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate. Tried to get me the best deal on my meds and get the most use out of them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Front office staff is very friendly. Be prepared to rarely get anyone on the phone, always leave messages and they will call you back. That part is very frustrating for someone who works and can't always answer their phone.
Iui was 600. 200 for each monitoring appt, 2 per cycle with clomid, 3 with gonal f. Gonal f cost about $700 per month
She will only do a single embryo transfer for me since I am 31. This is a problem for us doing ivf because we don't want to have left over frozen embryos. I found another Dr that would transfer 2 for me.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child...This was my first cycle so it was a standard IVF medication protocol. I was on Menopur , Glonal F, Cetrotide. Prior to retrieval I was also taking aspirin, prenatal with iron, Folbic , medrol, and a course of doxycycline. My trigger shot was Pregnyl. I started progesterone in oil prior to my FET.
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos [on our cycle with Reproductive Gynecology]. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history...Strength- well organized, state our the art infertility treatments, good appointment availability Weakness- busy office, long wait times , lab not covered by insurance, expensive if insurance is out of network...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child.
Ask all your questions so you have a good understanding what’s going on with your treatment. IVF is a complicated process.
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive, empathetic, and is helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us.
The nursing staff was supportive and understanding. After we suffered the death or our son the nurses where empathetic and have their condolences.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$1000 lab work $1000 plus medication cost $11,000 out of pocket for ivf procedure
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history.
Akron

So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel [with Dr. David Nash] to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there...He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
despite [Reproductive Gynecology] being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment...All of the nursing staff are compassionate and have been very supportive of my decision to be a single mother by choice. Mary has been supportive and always keeps good track of my next steps and gives me great instructions about what next steps I need to take in my cycle processes. The only weakness of this office would be that they are often busy, but I never feel this interferes with my care here.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash seems to have a good understanding of infertility and procedures. I went to him as a single mother by choice though, and I felt he was completely understanding of my situation and my supportive. He is often busy and seems rushed, but I attribute that to his needing to see so many patients. He is always kind and shows compassion despite this. He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
If you are a person who has a lot of questions, bring the list of questions with you before your consult. I personally want to distance myself from this process being so scientific but I because his time is limited be prepared with questions you might have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
For me, knowing that Dr Nash was often busy made me realize that he is helping a lot of people. I also felt that despite his office being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment.
Describe the protocols David Nash used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful, including the front office staff and the appointment coordinators. They are often busy, as most doctor offices are, but they show support and compassion during your individual appointments. I feel I was lucky that I choose this fertility clinic because I have been very happy with the treatment so far despite my negative IUIs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.
My insurance paid for most treatment until I began my IUI cycles, which cost (including sperm vials) $1,500 each cycle. I also had to pay for my genetic testing, but it was reduced to $199 and a counseling appointment which was $250 but very beneficial.
Akron

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.

Male Factor, Other
During our first consult, she greeted my husband and I as individuals. She talked with us about our infertility issues as a couple and explained to us our likelihood of conceiving. She then went on and answered every question that we had. Throughout our first cycle she was personable with each visit and after my miscarriage she was able to answer most questions, and tried to make me feel better...Due to a genetic condition and male factor infertility, she explained our odds of conceiving naturally and even using fertility drugs or IUIs. Because of the rare genetic condition it was in our best interest to do IVF with ICSI and PGS. We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal". We have only done one transfer so far and it was successful, but I miscarried at about 8 weeks.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950) [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Just under $17,000 total...We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal"...Michelle is the IVF nurse coordinator and she was always smiling and able to answer any questions that I had, or was able to find out the answers for me. She knew what she was talking about and always made sure you left knowing the plan.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was always available for each appointment I had. I felt comfortable discussing issues with her. She takes your emotions into consideration, but can be a little blunt at times. She always is in a positive mood and makes you feel as comfortable as she can while in procedures and ultrasounds.
She is a wonderful tool to have when trying to figure out infertility issues, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has several doctors and several different locations that help you find the right doctor and location for you. The staff at the Akron office is wonderful and they know the patients by name. They make you feel welcomed.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950). Just under $17,000 total.
Our doctor suggested eSET due to our age and physical condition. She also discussed that it would be a safer option as there are always added risks with multiple births. We were successful with the implantation of the single embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
After I found out that I was pregnant I got a bad sinus cold. I was told by my primary doctor to consult with my RE about starting a certain OTC medicine. I called the office and was told that it was okay to use that OTC med but then at a visit later that week I was told that they advise against using it.
Akron

Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment.... I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult.
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated.... I wish they [Reproductive Gynecology] had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.... I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early!
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult. He did seem to have good bedside manner he seemed liked he cared about me and that what I was going through was difficult. I wish he were more thorough with each visit,but he seemed so busy that he just didnt have the time to be ! He must be good!
See him if you mean business about conceiving and dont want to waste time. He wants his treatments to work, and he is honest with you and gives you the realistic options
Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment. Even if the news wasn't good,I would want to hear the honest truth directly from the doctor at the time of visit and not left in the dark about what was going on with my progress .
Dr nash stimulated me hard, doubled my dose of menopure and watched closely for positive changes. I have low ovarian functioning,so he wanted to try and get my ovaries to produce the most eggs possible. He also had me taking supplements to help with egg quality. On egg retrieval day, we got 9 eggs. My Amtrak follicle count was low,so this was really good .
I felt like the clinic was so busy that even the nursing staff wasn't able to spend much time with me or really get to know me. I heard many times that i would receive a phone call , and never did. I felt in the dark about a lot especially labs. They never called with any results. I lived an hour away and they made us drive to the office for discussion of anything. Stuff that easily could have been discussed on the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early! For the most part, they were direct and knew what they were doing, but I wish they just explained things to me because as a patient i was not sure of what to expect-ever! Didnt know the details of next steps. Sometimes I was sure glad I asked,because if I didnt I may have wasted a few long drives out there due to not being prepared at my visits
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated. Its discouraging and very scary to spend every last dollar you have to potentially not conceive! They did have a program with success guaranteed but I did not qualify for it. I wish they had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.
Describe David Nash's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I had to attend a seminar before undergoing treatment and this is when they stressed the importance of why they only do single embryo transfer. They stated all the risks involved with carrying multiples and it made sense
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
I just think that overall the clinic could be run better if communication was better and the patient was always informed of everything going on
Akron

When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. ... There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. ... Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. ... I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall our experience with Dr. Nash has been positive. Understanding his practice flow is important. Consultations are the time for questions, concerns, and waxing poetic. The other appointments are for ultrasounds and procedures. When you feel overwhelmed or you have questions that need answered, schedule a consultation with him. He never makes us feel rushed during those visits. He listens to our questions/concerns and helps us adjust the treatment plan as necessary. He is direct but also kind and empathetic. Sometimes he makes funny jokes as well!
Do as much research as possible before your appointment and write your questions down. He moves pretty fast so if you aren't ready to execute your thoughts, you'll miss your opportunity.
When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. Dr Nash is very serious about this. He is in and out of the room in a flash. He is very quick and you generally don’t have time to ask him any questions. At times, it can make you feel disconnected and like a number. However, Dr Nash is always very willing to discuss whatever you may like and answer all of your questions when you schedule consultation time with him. It’s always good to come prepared with questions and do your research ahead of time so you don’t have to keep scheduling consultations with him.
We have done one cycle of clomid + HCG trigger shot and one cycle of clomid + IUI. Negative pregnancy tests thus far. Also had a laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis or other abnormality.
The nursing staff at RGI is top notch. They almost always call me back on the day that I call. They are a well oiled machine.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule. Dr. Nash is great.
I think he quoted us $1500 for an IUI cycle but we only ended up being charged about $800.
Akron

I really liked Dr. Maseelall she is very friendly and explains everything thoroughly. I always feel like she is rushing and often running behind. I am happy with my choice to switch from my last clinic to this one based solely on my experience with her as a doctor. ... I have dor/ low amh. ... Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
They [Reproductive Gynecology] are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff. ... They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. ... Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
The clinic is often running behind and the support staff is sometimes lacking, but it is with putting to with that to have Dr. Maseelsll in charge of your care.
My doctor is amazing and some of the nursing staff is great some I don't like dealing with. I rarely see my doctor as most interaction is with staff.
I recently just did my furst round of ivf. I have dor/ low amh. We were predicted to only get 1-2 eggs and it was suggested we use donor eggs. Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
Staff is incredibly hard to get ahold of through the phones. Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff.
Our initial deposit was 9 000 we did not do icsi or genetic testing. Or medications were around 5500.
We haven't gotten here in treatment yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. They don't call with my daily blood work results during stims. I have to reach out to them.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. ... She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility. ... Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. ... I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
It’s [Reproductive Gynecology] large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments. ... The nurses are the kindest I have every encountered. The are gentle and compassionate with you and are always willing to answer questions and concerns in person or via phone.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. She instantly makes you feel comfortable talking about what can be a very difficult subject and is willing to answer all questions. She takes time to get to know your personality so that she knows better how to communicate with you and what information to give you. Even though she sometimes has to share difficult news or information, she is always optimistic and hopeful. I never feel uncomfortable around her and infertility treatments can result in many uncomfortable moments.
Think about what questions you want to ask in advance, maybe even write them down. She is very high energy and a fast talker, but she is willing to answer your questions.
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. She is my favorite doctor I have ever seen (even though I wish I didn’t have to undergo fertility treatments). She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility.
I have done three IUI cycles with Letrozale and Ovidrel trigger shot. I just had my third IUI today and we will be pursuing IVF if this fails. I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is the clinic to go to in our area. It’s large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments.
I have great insurance and only pay 10% co-insurance for fertility treatments.

Anovulation, Endometriosis
I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks prior to seeing Dr. Nash. My first month with Dr. Nash we took Letrozol and it did not work. We did two or three more rounds of this. We then did surgery to get a better of what is happening inside and he diagnosed me with stage 2 endometriosis. When I was able to start trying again we took Gonal-F and I got pregnant. We had a chemical pregnancy at 4-5 weeks. I am not waiting on results from further testing.
The nursing staff [at Repro Gynecology] is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call..... This clinic is very trusted and has amazing doctors. The staff is friendly but do get overwhelmed so don’t take it personally if they seem short sometimes. This office is usually very busy. The front staff are amazing, they are very friendly. The nurses and lab techs are friendly and will answer your questions to the best of their abilities.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I set very high expectations for Dr. Nash and he try’s very hard to help me undestand my body. There is a lot up in the air right now and I hope and pray he can give me answers. He uses a lot of numbers when describing results which can be confusing but he does his best to explain when I don’t fully understand.
Know that he is human and he doesn’t have all the answers you may expect him to. He will do everything he can for you.
Dr. Nash is an amazing doctor. He try’s his best to keep me from losing hope.
The nursing staff is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
My insurance covers most of my testing expect IUI which is $500 each time and IVF is also not covered and is estimated at 20,000. My husband and I struggle with the cost of IVF. My insurance covered most of the medications I have needed, I pay between 10-60 so far.
Akron

Dr Nash is kind and makes me feel very comfortable. He explains what’s is going on when he performs treatments and procedures. He asks how I’m doing and if I have any questions. He makes me feel like it is OK to ask a question. He doesn’t sugar coat anything, he tell you like it is. He moves fast but is a veteran doctor so it makes you feel secure.
RGI as a whole is so informative, helpful, caring and kind. It’s always clean. They offer everything their is regarding fertility and are up to date on all the new tests and procedures. When you walk in the door you are welcome me with mark smiles from people who care. ... The nurse and staff was so caring and compassionate. They answered all my questions and every time I called and had a question they never made me feel stupid or like I was bothering them. They always make me feel good and supported when I’m their or on the phone with them. You can tell they truly care about me.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Don’t be intimidated to ask questions. Dr Nash is kind and caring and will answer them.
Dr Nash is always very kind, he explains what he’s doing when he’s doing a treatment. He asks how I’m doing. He makes me feel very comfortable and able to ask questions
3- iui’s with letrozole Then moved onto IVF Egg retrieval- with AM injections In process of transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Atkins )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Gynecology.
The time was when I could come in for my schedule, they were always in the morning but I don’t think there was a specific time frame I had to go.
In total we have spent over $20k this is for the IUI’s, IVF with genetic testing

2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Maseelall] was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone...She stated that we would need to do a sperm freeze to make sure we had a chance for when we came up with the money for ivf. She wanted me to get on birth control to make my menstrual cycles a little more normal. She tried to do everything she could for our health and future.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back...The clinic is very nice and clean. It's very welcoming and everyone is so nice. They have private rooms that make you feel comfortable even when sometimes the situation is ackward. It was nice to be able to have the testing done before we got there to be able to discuss everything then.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She cared about us as well as our future and gave options that ivf was going to be our only shot and gave us hope that way. She was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone.
Know that she is going to lead you down a path for happiness but she also has to be honest with you about what will need to happen
She explained everything in detail and she wanted to make sure we understood everything and our next options.
They were very nice and thorough with their questions. So friendly and made you feel comfortable and welcomed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back
We never discussed this

Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Nash performed surgery to correct the previous physician’s mistakes and removed a portion of my Fallopian tube that although was not an immediate danger to conceiving a child, could have been an increased risk for cancer down the road. ... Dr. Nash is nothing short of an absolute professional. He has been compassionate during our appointments while always ensuring that all bases were covered and that we were always progressing towards the end goal of conceiving a child.
The compassion and thorough review from everyone at the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] really made us feel as if we were valued as individuals, rather than another name or number on a sheet. ... It seemed as if they all were there because they believed in the mission of the clinic to help with all infertility issues, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the previous care we had received.
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Be fully committed to the fertility program that Dr. Nash will outline for you as he is fully committed to your success in conceiving.
When my husband and I first went to see Dr. Nash it was a world of difference from the previous care we had received. Instead of being hurried in and out of the office, Dr. Nash took time to put a plan together to not only ensure that we had the best chance of conceiving with IVF but explain all of the options that we could utilize to increase our chances success. Furthermore, Dr. Nash performed surgery to correct the previous physician’s mistakes and removed a portion of my Fallopian tube that although was not an immediate danger to conceiving a child, could have been an increased risk for cancer down the road. It is for that reason that we are thankful that we found RGI and Dr. Nash.
My husband and myself both had our blood tested to ensure that their were no increased genetic risks in conceiving. Having found out that I was never vaccinated for chicken pox, Dr. Nash immediately scheduled the vaccination so we could keep moving forward as quickly as possible. My husbands semen sample was examined even though there was already an analysis on file to make double certain that everything we could do to ensure a high success rate was done. Lastly, Dr. Nash scheduled me for surgery to remove the parts of my Fallopian tubes that had been left by the previous physician/surgeon. This meant the most to me as leaving the tube ends as they were would have left us at an increased risk for an ectopic pregnancy, which I had already gone through prior to seeking Dr. Nash’s opinion.
Every nurse and staff member, from the nurses to the clerical staff was a pleasure to work with. It seemed as if they all were there because they believed in the mission of the clinic to help with all infertility issues, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the previous care we had received.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We honestly have no weaknesses to report. The compassion and thorough review from everyone at the clinic really made us feel as if we were valued as individuals, rather than another name or number on a sheet.
$8,000.00 for the egg retrieval and implantation plus $1,000.00 for embryo storage plus the cost of medications.
Akron

We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor [Dr. Maseelall]. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]....This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor to spend more time explaining the situation, the plan moving forward and to actually deliver the news herself rather than relying on her lab techs and nurses to do so.
Don't expect a lot of help if you are dealing with male infertility. You will immediately be referred to a Urology specialist and told to contact Dr. Maseelall's office once you meet with the urologist and know what he recommends. We have basically been completely handed off with no direction or assistance or even hope of finding a good solution.
This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible. Expect to wait weeks or months to get an appointment and most disappointing of all the Dr. did not even give our diagnosis in person but rather a lab tech called to tell us the disappointing news.
I would say the nursing staff has been the most helpful and compassionate of all. They were always friendly and tried to supply answers and explain the situation if possible. They were very gentle and acted like they cared.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic. I am the type of person that wants answers and would like someone to be there to help me when needed, especially if I am shelling out thousands of dollars. I do like the convenient location and the fact that the labs and semen analysis labs are all contained within their office, the external hospital labs are right downstairs so this really helps if you are in a time crunch. Overall however we are not overly impressed and we have started to explore other options and doctors.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
Again going back to the lack of communication with this particular clinic we have found that we have to constantly follow up and make sure things get done. We had to follow up and call the doctor ourselves to get our results and schedule our appointments once the results were in. I feel like we have done a lot of chasing rather than receiving a lot of assistance and care.
Akron

I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations.... Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment.
The clinic staff [Reproductive Gynecology] is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.... The nursing staff is willing to answer questions and follow through with requests. However, they are often left in the dark by Dr. Maseelall and other doctors.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment. She also often rushes through consolations, which may make you feel as if another appointment is more important. Lastly, her office at times is poor at returning calls or following through with actions unless you remind them, such as providing records to another doctor.
Be aware that Dr. Maseelall and her staff may not return calls or may rush through appointments. You must be willing to slow her down during an appointment or constantly be willing to have follow-up calls to check in, which can be difficult emotionally especially when you just find out about infertility.
I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations. Her office at times would also be quite poor about returning calls.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic staff is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has had issues with sending results to another doctor that Dr. Maseelall recommended, despite Dr. Maseelall stating she would do so. When I called to confirm the results were sent, the nurse was confused about the request as the doctor did not inform her and as result they wee not sent. Also, after conducting tests, the office failed to call my wife and I to schedule a follow up consultation, despite the office saying they would.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The nursing staff [Reproductive Gynecology] all knows my name, my husbands name, and our situation. They are always so compassionate and friendly from check in to check out.... Their strengths are EVERYTHING. There is seriously not one thing I was ever upset about. I have never been happier and more comfortable at a Doctors office. The receptionist, nurses, and all the doctors CARE. They all stay updated on your journey and know who you are as a person and a patient.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Priya Maseelall is AMAZING! From my first consult with her to still working with her at every appointment. She genuinely cares about my husband and I and our situation. Her goal is to get us pregnant ASAP in the most cost effective way, she understands the financial struggles through all of this and ho expensive it can be. When she found out I had low AMH levels at 28, she called me right away and told me we HAVE to be more aggressive I need to get you pregnant ASAP. Hearing those words reassured me I was at the right place with the right Doctor. I had bounced around from my OBGYN to an Endocrinologist to getting so much blood work, MRI, and other costly tests done all for them not to have any answers. I was referred to this clinic by friends who have achieved pregnancy through them and I felt "at home" from my first appointment. You can tell how much Priya cares about each of her patients and she is an amazing support system through the process. She answers all of our questions thoroughly and until we completely understand. She always reassures us and lets us know what our next options are so we can start planning if this option doesn't work. I can't recommend Priya Maseelall enough!!
She has great bed side manners and such a warm personality, but she is also blunt and will tell it like it is. I appreciate that, I don't like the beating around the bush. But, she always tells it the way it is without being harsh, she does it in such a kind way and that she really wants you to understand.
The nurses, receptionist, and Doctor all know me and my husband by name when we show up for the appointments. Even when I all in to ask a questions they know exactly who I am! They really care and are a great support system through this process.
I have been without a period for over a year, with no explanation from countless doctors or tests. Once I saw Priya Maseelall at my first visit, she looked over all my labs and results and said I have a strong suspicion you have a low egg count, so time is not on our side. We started Clomid and the trigger shot right away, she explained when exactly to take the medicine and shot. I then started progesterone pills after that. She let us know when to do times intercourse and the pregnancy test. My first pregnancy test was negative , so I stopped the progesterone and she reassured me I would have a period because it thickened my lining. I was actually excited I FINALLY got a period and felt like I was on the right path. Of course, I was upset I didn't have a positive pregnancy test also. I started another round of Clomid, went to the Doctor yesterday and she said I had 3 great eggs and a much thicker lining. They did the shot in the office and told us when to do timed intercourse and when to start progesterone again. She also tells me which day to take the pregnancy tests. I am waiting to see how this round turns out. But, with my low ovarian reserve, she let us know next step is to repeat Clomid and shot but try IUI. If that doesn't work we need to look into IVF or start fertility shots. She let us know the cost, benefits, down sides, and side effects of each. They are always so thorough and making sure you leave understanding everything and feel comfortable. They also provide me with pre-natals so I never run out!
The nursing staff all knows my name, my husbands name, and our situation. They are always so compassionate and friendly from check in to check out.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Their strengths are EVERYTHING. There is seriously not one thing I was ever upset about. I have never been happier and more comfortable at a Doctors office. The receptionist, nurses, and all the doctors CARE. They all stay updated on your journey and know who you are as a person and a patient. You can tell each worker there genuinely cares and their goal is to get you pregnant!! The only thing I could think to change is if appointments before yours run long, you have to wait, but I think it is like that everywhere so it doesn't bother me too much. I felt so hopeless and lost going from Doctor to Doctor, it wasn't until I started seeing RGI that I felt peace, a sense of calm, and that I was in the right hands and place. If you are in the NE OH area they are the only Doctors I would recommend for infertility.
I pay $60 every visit for my co-pay. My Clomid is around $20 a prescription, my trigger shots are around $105, and my progesterone was around $40. My tests, blood work, lab work has probably totaled close to a few thousand dollars by now.
Akron

I feel that he’s [Dr. David Nash] a good doctor but sticks to the protocol. I did IUI with him and he gives medication based on a same protocol not considering my situation.. also we have MFI and no cure or coursenof action has been given for that. We’re juat trying to do IUI to increase Chance of pregnancy but hubby still has MFi... IUI- I did a Clomid-ovidrel-IUI three times so far and no pregnancies yet. He did semen analysis on my husband and found MFI but no treatment plan has been offered for that which I thought was weird! I wish he treated the underlying cause and not just treat the result..
It’s very hard to reach the nurse on the phone at this clinic [Reproductive Gyneocology-Akron]!!! You have to leave a voicemail with your question and they get back when they’re free... and when they do I may be busy so we kee missing each other... I was waiting for my diagnostics c results FOREVer. I called before my appmt and they told me the results on phone but when I came in for the appmt, they said they didn’t receive the results back!! Then whose result did I hear on the phone??
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I feel that he’s a good doctor but sticks to the protocol. I did IUI with him and he gives medication based on a same protocol not considering my situation.. also we have MFI and no cure or coursenof action has been given for that. We’re juat trying to do IUI to increase Chance of pregnancy but hubby still has MFi
He’s good at what he does. The clinic is not open on weekends so if you have a procedure it has to wait until Monday
He has good bedside manners and schedules visits with flexibility.
They ask everything to Dr Nash and it’s very hard to reach the nurse on the phone at this clinic !!! You have to leave a voicemail with your question and they get back when they’re free... and when they do I may be busy so we kee missing each other sigh..
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Like I mentioned, reaching nurse or doctor is not straight forward and you can’t reach them right when you call. You’re have to leave a voicemail and they contact you back which delays the process and missed calls..
I think IUI cuclis with medication costs $1200z IVF is $15k
Haven’t done this but I know the RGI clinic does it
Akron

She [Dr. Priya Maseelall] is very kind and caring. She layed out a plan A, B and C before we had to make a choice how we wanted to proceed. I felt informed and in control of my care. When I told her we were preparing for more aggressive treatment she literally squealed with excitement for us!... 150mg clomid days 3-7. The idea being that more targets would hopefully be easier to hit for my husbands 3% normal semen. Moving onto iui while on my final round of clomid. This was her original recommendation. We dont expect iui to be successful and will move on to IVF in the new year.
RGI has a few locations making it easy to get to and also to get seen. I was unable to make the availanke times work at my home location for one particular ultrasound, so they offered me aome alternative times at a near by location. But the biggest strength RGI has is that all the doctors there have personallu experienced infertility personally. I believe this has lead to an exceptional standard of care and a really caring approach.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is very kind and caring. She layed out a plan A, B and C before we had to make a choice how we wanted to proceed. I felt informed and in control of my care. When I told her we were preparing for more aggressive treatment she literally squealed with excitement for us!
Air you concerns but at the end of the day is my only regret is not taking her recommended course of action right away.
She is so sweet and genuinely seems like she she is as I vested in getting you pregnant as you are.
I honestly dont find them particularly memorable. But that's not a bad thing, more like you dont notice your car when its running well. They seem like a well oiled machine doing a great job.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
So far i have only had a comprehensive work up under her care and 5x cycles of clomid. Most of the diagnostice testing was covered by my insurance but the staff were thorough in checking what i could get covered and what i couldnt. So so far it has been bery affordable
Has not applied to me yet

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Priya Maseelall] talked to us like people, however, did not explain as much as I had wished she did...She is a very sweet person, however, I believe that she gave us a sort of false hope as to the likelihood of getting pregnant. I have been a patient since early 2017 and have continued into 2018 as we are now looking into additional options of trying to conceive...IVF cycle after a tube removal and removal of "sever" endometriosis. Injections produced 5 egg, 1 embryo from there. Frozen transfer. In preparation of the transfer, the uterine lining was not thickening tried estrogen and progesterone in oil. Did not work. Then we tried it "naturally" result was that the lining thickened up and completed a transfer.
Strength [at Reproductive Gynecology]: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation...I had an HSG completed by Dr. Nash. After, he had told me "everything is good" I responded, "the tubes are open?" "yes". I was elated, however, the next day I had gotten a call that I needed surgery because of a hydrosalpinx that needed to be removed and the doctor may remove both tubes. I was then devastated.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
To ask as many questions as possible, it is the doctor's duty to inform you of every possibility and/or outcome.
She talked to us like people, however, did not explain as much as I had wished she did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Michelle and Emily were excellent. Quick to return a phone call and took the time needed to demonstrate and explain everything.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strength: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation. Example: me "so once the embryo is transferred there wouldn't be any issues with it implanting and me carrying a baby right?" "no, of course not, your problem is the ovaries, not the uterus:- Dr. M. I did not anticipate that the transfer would be unsuccessful because of "egg quality" due to "major damage" from endometritis and 2 surgeries that had taken place 6 months prior.
IVF cost to the doctor alone was about $12,000.00
None. I am under 35 so a transfer of 1 embryo made sense.

2013 - 2018
I love that we got to meet such a caring, down to earth, very passionate and honest doctor [Dr. Priya Maseelall]! She goes out of her way to make sure everything is being done that’s possible to do for her patients! She makes us feel very confident after every appointment that we understood anything we might of not understood or had questions about! ... When we first found out about my husbands low sperm count it was during our iui treatment. The doctor was very understand on us still wanting to continue to ivf instead of doing more iui treatments that would not result in a pregnancy at all because of his low sperm counts.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I love that we got to meet such a caring, down to earth, very passionate and honest doctor! She goes out of her way to make sure everything is being done that’s possible to do for her patients! She makes us feel very confident after every appointment that we understood anything we might of not understood or had questions about! If anyone has any doubts about fertility doctors please do not doubt this doctor she’s amazing in every way that you want your fertility doctor to be amazing at! The nurses in the clinic are so welcoming and always happy to see you and your journey no matter the outcome! Everyone goes above and beyond in the office and I could not be more happy that we found this clinic of nurses and our doctor! This journey has been hard on us but they all have made it much easier and more calm for us! I hope that more patients will choose this doctor and office to continue on their fertility journey with because it was the best decision we made in our journey!!
This doctor is very passionate about her job and her patients! I could not ask for a better doctor! She’s amazing and the best at what she does!
When we first found out about my husbands low sperm count it was during our iui treatment. The doctor was very understand on us still wanting to continue to ivf instead of doing more iui treatments that would not result in a pregnancy at all because of his low sperm counts. She was and has been very helpful during this entire journey!
The nursing staff is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a very warm welcoming feel when you come in the front door! Everyone one is so nice that you meet and really gets to know you and remembers you when you come back each time no matter how much time has passed since your last appointment! The only thing I would say is parking sometimes does get full but there is always a parking space even though it’s packed sometimes!! They also give you parking tokens so never worry about paying for parking!
We did not have insurance to pay for any of our journey while undergoing fertility treatments so we paid mostly out of pocket!
For my age we discussed only doing one embryo which I was perfectly fine with!

2008 - 2018
Dr. Nash is a wonderful and caring doctor. He always greets you by name and with a smile on his face. Every appointment he wants to make sure that we are still on track with trying to have a baby. At the end of every appointment we always go over the next steps and he always ask if I don't understand anything. What I like most about him is that he genuinely cares for his patients by volunteering his personal time in different community events to raise money for IVF.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is well staff with nurses and doctors who are very informational. The office is clean and has private rooms for your family. They are located within a hospital which gives the convenience of blood work and other test because you don't have to walk very far. One thing that they can work to improve is patient wait time. I have waited for up to 45 minutes just to be seen due to overbooking.... I greatly appreciated that the nursing staff
2008 - 2018
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
One piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is to never go into his office with a perceived notion. In many appointments I went into his office with a negative mindset that he wouldn't be able to help me but to my surprise he always had different options. Whether is be a different form of medication or a surgery that he was able to perform, either way I always left satisfied.
Dr. Nash and his team has always greeted my husband and I by name rather than just another appointment. Throughout my visits with Dr. Nash I always have appreciated that he was able to tell me straight forward the good news also bad. As a doctor he makes it a point to form a relationship with his patients by showing compassion during the times when we need it the most.
I greatly appreciated that the nursing staff always operated in privacy from the financial aspect to our actual go forward plan. Dealing with infertility can be embarrassing if you are still learning the entirety of its nature and how to accept it. They were always compassionate and positive after each appointment.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is well staff with nurses and doctors who are very informational. The office is clean and has private rooms for your family. They are located within a hospital which gives the convenience of blood work and other test because you don't have to walk very far. One thing that they can work to improve is patient wait time. I have waited for up to 45 minutes just to be seen due to overbooking.
I have had 3 different surgeries with doctor Nash dealing with my tubal blockage totaling around $20,000. My current plan for IVF is $8,000 and medications $3,000-$7,000. My insurance doesn't cover any of that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
while I was taking a prenatal vitamin I needed a refill but with a doctors approval. My pharmacist called my doctors office but no one responded to them so I had to call also. In total I did not have my proper medication for almost 2 weeks which I was very upset about.
Akron

I am so thankful we found dr Mooney. We always felt taken care of and like he truly cared about us succeeding at starting a family. There were a few appointments I felt confused when I left and had to call back in the office to clarify medication or when to start it, etc. but over all our experience with Dr. Mooney has been fantastic.... Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics [rom Reproductive Gynecology] because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He tells it like it is so you have to be okay with a blunt doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
It doesn’t matter how busy dr Mooney is it if he comes in late for a consult, when you’re in the room with him you have his undivided attention. You are the most important thing in that moment. He’s great for a pep talk after a negative cycle, as well.
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
Our very firsy protocol was trying clomid + trigger shot. We thought I just needed to ovulate and we’d be pregnant but I started my period before the two week wait was up so the next cycle we did clomid + trigger shot + progesterone. This cycle failed as well so we scheduled the next cycle the same way but also made an appt for a consult to discuss the next step for us. Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working. So, we had a consult and decided to try IUI with cycles 4-6 and then starting with cycle 7, move on to IVF if I’m not pregnant yet. He wasn’t necessarily confident in the IUI working because we have no make factor and my only Issue is low egg count. But with insurance requirements, I had to complete 6 cycles before moving into something else so the idea was, “why not?” We had nothing to lose. We switched to letrozole + trigger + IUI + progesterone. We are currently on cycle 5 in total, the second IUI cycle. If this cycle doesn’t work, we will do one more and move on to IVF.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would want a new patient to know that it is very difficult to get an actual Person on the phone. Be prepared to leave messages and wait by your phone for a call back. It would also be stellar to know up front about any costs that you will need to pay for up front so you come prepared, and don’t have to scramble. If the office was more organized and communicated better I think this would be a much less stressful experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
Each IUI cycle is roughly $1200 for us WITH insurance. We’ve spent roughly 10-12 thousand between all the diagnostic procedures, ultrasounds, and cycles.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
I was told to start progesterone immediately by the nurse though I was still on my period and had not even ovulated yet. I went in for an appt that was “lost” but couldn’t be rescheduled because it was my follicle scan so dr Mooney was not prepared to treat me that day and I felt like I wasn’t taken care of. It was also my first treatment cycle and he was so flustered that they didn’t go over any medication with me or anything. I had to call back in to get clarification on many things. They have forgotten to have me sign crucial paperwork including one that determines insurance approving or rejecting claims and a consent form for letrozole.
Stephen Mooney
Akron

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.

I love having Priya [Dr. Maseelall] as my doctor! She’s kind, but also blunt about the next steps that need to be taken. She is very knowledgeable and will take all the right steps to help you along the journey of infertility.... I was diagnosed with PCOS. She did an ultrasound and blood work to confirm it. I then had an endometrial biopsy done to determine if I had what’s called “hyperplasia”. It was determined I had “simple hyperplasia” which is where my cells crowded together and became abnormal. Because of this, Priya put me on “Megace” for 3 months to get my cells back to normal. She also put me on Merformin to help with my PCOS. I had to return and get another biopsy done to make sure my cells were normal (which they were!).
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is amazing! You get in fast, get out in a timely manner, and everything is handled professionally. I love everyone at this clinic! From the ladies at the front desk, to the nurses, doctors and financial advisor, everyone here is amazing and super helpful!... Michelle [a nurse] is amazing! She is there for you when needed, even if you feel like you are just calling to have a “dumb question” answered. She’s always there to help and returns your calls promptly. She makes you feel like part of her family!
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I love having Priya as my doctor! She’s kind, but also blunt about the next steps that need to be taken. She is very knowledgeable and will take all the right steps to help you along the journey of infertility.
Just be sure you ask all the questions you would like to have answered. That’s what they are there for and they are more than happy to rid you of any confusion and help you to become more comfortable with this process!
Every time I enter the office, I am greeted with a smile! My appointment is very professional but Priya also makes me feel like she’s interested in my life other than jus my infertility. She makes it easy to talk to her and feel comfortable!
I was diagnosed with PCOS. She did an ultrasound and blood work to confirm it. I then had an endometrial biopsy done to determine if I had what’s called “hyperplasia”. It was determined I had “simple hyperplasia” which is where my cells crowded together and became abnormal. Because of this, Priya put me on “Megace” for 3 months to get my cells back to normal. She also put me on Merformin to help with my PCOS. I had to return and get another biopsy done to make sure my cells were normal (which they were!). I was then told we could begin the fertility treatment process, and we are now starting the process of IVF!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Atkins)
Michelle is amazing! She is there for you when needed, even if you feel like you are just calling to have a “dumb question” answered. She’s always there to help and returns your calls promptly. She makes you feel like part of her family!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is amazing! You get in fast, get out in a timely manner, and everything is handled professionally. I love everyone at this clinic! From the ladies at the front desk, to the nurses, doctors and financial advisor, everyone here is amazing and super helpful!
The only major costs were the cost of the IVF cycle, and the blood work. This is only because my insurance is not the greatest and did not cover much on the blood work aspect. My husbands insurance covered a lot of the IVF cycle!
We have not gotten to this point yet.