95 Arch Street
Westerville
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333

[Dr. Nash] was able to get all of my husband and my tests completed and discuss the results with us giving us the straight forward answer that we need to go straight to IVF. I really appreciated this as we would not spend more time trying to conceive or money on IUI...He does a single embryo transfer...he sees me each time I am in the clinic. I am not passed around to different doctors...Be prepared if you don't have tough skin to accept that he is going to give you his best medical advice and opinion towards your treatment
I cannot say enough about Kathleen and the nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology]...You are assigned a specific IVF nurse throughout ...Kathleen personally calls me about everything I need to know each step of the way...They are efficient and I always said it's like a well oiled machine when you go in because you get in and out, but never EVER feel rushed by anyone...not passed around to different doctors
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
As I said before, Dr. Nash is my kind of doctor. I do not want anything sugar coated. I want to know what the problem is and how to fix it. Although there is more to it then that when it comes to infertility, he was able to get all of my husband and my tests completed and discuss the results with us giving us the straight forward answer that we need to go straight to IVF. I really appreciated this as we would not spend more time trying to conceive or money on IUI or other procedures that would not work for our situation. Some people would not like that kind of answer or directness of their doctor but I do. We were given time to process and brought in for another consultation to go over all our questions. He answered each of the many questions we had, explained everything including the full IVF process, the cost, the risks, the possibility of success etc. He is a very kind man as well and I always felt comfortable during exams and procedures. He made us laugh and was always very efficient without making us feel rushed by any means. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very intelligent and experienced. I appreciate all the time he takes with us as a couple and am glad he sees me each time I am in the clinic. I am not passed around to different doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Be prepared if you don't have tough skin to accept that he is going to give you his best medical advice and opinion towards your treatment even if it is not something you want to hear. He is trying to do what is best for you and your wishes to start a family with all of the knowledge, experience and research he has gained over his years of practice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash explained very thoroughly our infertility diagnoses and the treatment plan that would be best for us and why. He did not beat around the bush but gave us the hard facts which I appreciate very much. He also is very comforting at the same time of being straight forward and has a great bedside manner. He makes us laugh even through this difficult experience. The front desk receptionist welcomes you every time and works on learning your name so she doesn't have to ask when you come in after a few visits. The nurses are absolutely outstanding and are supporting you through the whole process. They all want my husband and I to end up with a baby in our arms in the end just as badly as we do. You are assigned a specific IVF nurse throughout as well and get to know her very well. Ours is Kathleen and we couldn't ask for a sweeter, more empathetic nurse to go through this process with us.
Describe the protocols David Nash used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
We went straight to IVF after starting our journey with Dr. Nash. My husband and I had tried naturally for almost 2 years. Dr. Nash diagnosed me with decreased ovarian reserve at the age of 29 and an AMH of 0.92. He also thinks I have endometriosis due to my symptoms but we have not proceeded to do an exploratory laparoscopy as there is nothing we have found abnormal with my uterus. Therefore, we get the eggs out after hard stimulation and bypass the ovulation process by going through IVF. He retrieved 9 eggs, 6 fertilized and 3 embryos resulted. He recommended PGS but we decided not to do that. My husband also has low sperm morphology so we also used ICSI. We also did an ERA to assure my uterus was stimulated correctly and it was through the medications he prescribed me. The first transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy and the 2nd transfer failed all together. We still have 1 embryo frozen currently. We are starting stimulation for another retrieval next month and will be doing PGS testing this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
I cannot say enough about Kathleen and the nursing staff in general. They truly want the best for their patients and it feels like we are all in it together through this process. Kathleen personally calls me about everything I need to know each step of the way. I will never forget that after one of transfers she saw us in the hall and gave us a huge hug and kicked her leg up so excited for the possibility of growing our family. Although we took about 6 months off after the 2nd transfer didn't work, when I called she was so excited to hear from us again and knew exactly who we were like we never took a break. The staff is there for the good, bad and ugly. They explain everything so well and are prompt in their calls back to us. They are efficient and I always said it's like a well oiled machine when you go in because you get in and out, but never EVER feel rushed by anyone. I appreciate this feeling so much especially when you are going through something so complicated that should just be natural.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is welcoming as you walk in. The receptionist after a few visits will start to remember your name and she makes it a goal of hers for you not to tell her your name so she can learn it. The clinic is always very clean. Like I've said, the staff is very efficient without making you feel rushed so you are in and out of your appointment quickly. When you have consultations they have nice rooms with tables and chairs that are cozy for you sit in to meet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.
IVF was $9500 PGS was $4000 and medications varied in price. Each visit between transfer attempts was $200 if we needed an ultrasound and doctor visit. ERA was $600. Freezing embryos is $150 quarterly.
Describe David Nash's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
He does a single embryo transfer. I cannot specifically remember why but I did question this last year and we looked at research together showing why this is being done.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Nash is incredibly thorough and does a good job of explaining options and courses of treatment...At every step [he] told us what our options were. We ended up doing another egg retrieval with genetic testing and an ERA to give us our best chance...We started with IUI because male factor infertility was not an issue at first. After our second IUI it became apparent that it would be a factor as well as my diminished ovarian reserve
Giving yourself shots can be intimidating at fist and they [Reproductive Gynecology nurses] are very good at explaining things and putting you at ease. Also, they completely explain each protocol to make sure it is understood and followed...$14,500 includes retrieval, genetic testing, freezing and first transfer. Additional FET are $3,500. This includes all appointments, procedures
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash is incredibly thorough and does a good job of explaining options and courses of treatment. He obviously knows what he’s doing which is my top priority. Things move fast in the office. I look at that as efficiency. Still, I haven’t felt rushed by Dr Nash. He always takes care to make sure any questions or concerns are answered. I got pregnant with my son on our second transfer. I went through three more unsuccessful transfers. At every step Dr Nash told us what our options were. We ended up doing another egg retrieval with genetic testing and an ERA to give us our best chance. Dr Nash explained all of those options to us and was there every time something unforeseen popped up to re-evaluate.
Write down any questions you have before going in. It’s so easy to forget things when you’re in the moment.
I know the office sees a crazy number of patients. I think the doctors and nurses go out of their way to treat you like a person given all the patients they must see in a day.
It is crazy how fast things change. We started with IUI because male factor infertility was not an issue at first. After our second IUI it became apparent that it would be a factor as well as my diminished ovarian reserve. So we switched gears to IVF with ICSI. My first retrieval we ended up with five day five blasts. Genetic testing was not being as widely utilized so we didn’t do it. That’s what I wish I could do over. My first transfer my lining wasn’t thickening so they changed my estrogen protocol and that worked. Our second transfer resulted in my son. When he was a year old we started trying again. After another failed transfer Dr Nash asked us about trying another retrieval with genetic testing. We opted to do the last two transfers instead. Neither took. So we did what Dr Nash suggested and did a retrieval with genetic testing as well as an endometrial receptivity analysis. We now have two blasts and are awaiting a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Jenna)
The IVF nurse coordinators are amazing. Giving yourself shots can be intimidating at fist and they are very good at explaining things and putting you at ease. Also, they completely explain each protocol to make sure it is understood and followed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
It is the single most efficiently run doctor’s office I have ever been to. We have had a couple of billing issues as we had insurance coverage but maxed it out and are now self pay. A couple things have been accidentally processed through insurance still. But the office had been good about getting those issues resolved.
$14,500 includes retrieval, genetic testing, freezing and first transfer. Additional FET are $3,500. This includes all appointments, procedures. Medications are extra. I have medication coverage so mine were never more than a few hundred. The ERA ended up being around $1,200 maybe. $600 was the cost of the lab analysis. The rest was for the office visits.
The office very much pushes single transfers. They want what gives the best chance for a healthy mother and baby. I’ll give you from a time/money standpoint that can feel frustrating in the midst of it, but they’ve explained the medical reasons and I get it.
Akron

I can't say enough positive things about her{Dr. Maseelall], she's willing to adjust and try our different protocols, she listens to what I have to say, what my concerns are, and addresses them directly with facts....I have always felt like Dr. Maseelall knows exactly who I am
The nursing staff is very organized, communicates directly, and are there to help answer any questions you may have. Most commonly they are very busy, so when you call in with a question you normally leave a voicemail but they have always gotten back to me in 24hours or less
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I was very nervous the first time that we met with Dr. Maseelall, I tend to have a bit of anxiety so I'm always a little on edge. The first meeting with her was great, even though there was hard to take information, I appreciated her ability to be compassionate with still being very direct about where our issues are, as well as what our options can be. I have never felt like a number, even though I know that they are so very busy at RGI, I have always felt like Dr. Maseelall knows exactly who I am and what we even discussed at our last appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I can't say enough positive things about her, she's willing to adjust and try our different protocols, she listens to what I have to say, what my concerns are, and addresses them directly with facts. I would say it's easy to be comfortable with her, and trust in her. So ask all of your questions, knowing that there will be an answer, and trust in her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall has always, and continues to show interest in our lives outside of why were are there. This is a great break from the stress of infertility, and takes a bit of the edge off knowing that we will be able to have a 'normal' conversation, and not just stressful ones.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I have done 2 IUI's, and waiting to move forward with IVF. During the IUI's adjustments from the 'normal' timing were made to fit my cycle. The first IUI went fine, ultrasounds etc was ok. The second IUI, I had a cyst, so there was bloodwork done to see if we were even able to move forward. We were in the clear for that, so next US my follicles were not ready, so we waited 2 days for another US and then were in the clear to trigger that day. We have now discussed IVF, and since we only have one opportunity at this IVF thing due to financial issues, Dr Maseelall was very understanding and set up a plan of attack for an aggressive protocol with stims, and what our options are if we only have 1 normal embryo or multiple normal embryos. We know what will happen next, and what to expect.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
During our first visit, which was a consultation, we did wait in the lobby for a decent amount of time to be called back. In the moment it did make me more stressed out and nervous, but after understanding all of the things that they deal with in their office, I was very understanding to it. I thought that if I had some type of emergency or needed extra time with the Dr. or Nurse, or even if the Dr was just reviewing paperwork so they had a better knowledge of their patient... I would hope that they would spend that time with me too. So, I will never have a problem waiting for Dr. Maseelall, although we haven't had to wait since that first appointment! She is very compassionate, but direct so you never have to try to read between the lines, she will tell you straight and I appreciate that because I don't go home worrying about things or over thinking them. I know she will be honest with me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
IUI was approximately $1,000 - they submitted everything through my insurance to see if there was any coverage but unfortunately my insurance does not provide any coverage for anything infertility related.
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Her protocol with PGS tested embryo's is to transfer 1.
Akron

Dr. Nash is very transparent. honest, and treats us like we are capable of understanding what can be complicated treatment information...He made a very clear plan for us, which started with uterine fibroid removal surgery...After 6 weeks of recovery, I did 3 rounds of IUI (Clomid and Ovidrel) with donor sperm...he gave us multiple options with statistical chances for each option. We intend to move forward with IVF...Dr. Nash only transfers one embryo at a time for safety reasons
[nurse of Reproductive Gynecology] They always remember my name and greet me with enthusiasm, which instantly lowers my anxiety. They are prompt with responding to questions...The IUI procedure was $500/ round, plus $100/ trigger shot through the recommended online pharmacy (I received a 10% rebate each order). 5 Days of Clomid was $20 out of pocket from my local pharmacy. I also ordered 4 vials of sperm from an online donor bank, which totaled about $4400.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr.Nash is the kind of doctor you want if you appreciate no-nonsense, clear and concise communication (which is what I appreciate the most). He made a very clear plan for us, which started with uterine fibroid removal surgery. We completed three rounds of IUI with donor sperm and haven't yet had any luck, but when I consulted again with Dr. Nash about "what's next", we felt confident knowing that he gave us multiple options with statistical chances for each option. We intend to move forward with IVF once the clinics are allowed to conduct elective procedures again. I highly recommend Dr. Nash. I am very pleased thus far with our experience.
If you want to know the facts and you are okay with straightforward communication, Dr. Nash is the doctor for you. He is confident in his expertise.
First, I had an abdominal laparotomy to remove multiple fibroids from my uterine cavity. After 6 weeks of recovery, I did 3 rounds of IUI (Clomid and Ovidrel) with donor sperm (my husband was previously diagnosed and treated for azoospermia with no success). We have no pregnancies yet. We will be moving forward with IVF with donor sperm due to this being the highest chance of pregnancy, particularly due to my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology.
The entire staff is compassionate and caring. They make me feel welcome every time I enter. They always remember my name and greet me with enthusiasm, which instantly lowers my anxiety. They are prompt with responding to questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths- warm, welcoming, compassionate atmosphere from the staff and nurses. Dr. Nash is an expert and gives clear courses of treatment. Weaknesses- The clinic is far away from me, and their new one that is closer is not yet providing ART services. Hoping that will change soon.
The laparotomy was covered by my insurance. The IUI procedure was $500/ round, plus $100/ trigger shot through the recommended online pharmacy (I received a 10% rebate each order). 5 Days of Clomid was $20 out of pocket from my local pharmacy. I also ordered 4 vials of sperm from an online donor bank, which totaled about $4400.
Dr. Nash only transfers one embryo at a time for safety reasons. I'm fine with that because I'm going to be a high risk pregnancy.

2020, Unknown Success
During our consults she [Dr. Priya Maseelall] sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct...was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was...at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment...RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was. Although she was direct, at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
Come into your consult prepared with any questions you might have. I had a list of them, and she did a great job of patiently answering each one until I felt comfortable and satisfied.
Although RGI Akron is a very busy clinic, they do a pretty good job of making you feel like a person through this journey. During our consults she sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct, which I really appreciated.
I had previously done 2 rounds of Clomid and IUI with a different clinic. She explained that she would like to try one more round of IUI using a different medicine, but if that didn't work we would proceed to IVF. For that round we used the oral Letrozole with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We didn't get pregnant, but we knew that our chances were very low for IUI to work.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment. For example when a procedure is complete letting me know whether to wait there when ready, or if they will be back with paperwork, etc. I felt unsure each time what my next set was before leaving.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a busy clinic so I have had to wait past my appointment time a few times. It is a private practice clinic, so things are a little more personal than my previous experience at a large Clinic. They are always good about getting back to me if I call and leave a message. They are one of the only clinics in the area that offers an IVF Guarantee program to bring home a baby. They have multiple locations, so if you need a different appointment time or location, they can be accommodating. Their blood draw lab is on-site, however they use outside labs to process all of their tests - this has led to confusion on the billing side to track what/who each bill was for. Their billing coordinator was very helpful in explaining the charges and different labs they use. I do wish that they had online medical records, I got used to that with my old clinic and think that would be a value add for them.
A lot of my testing was outdated (about 3 years old) so I had to have a fair amount of testing done to update my records. Because of that we had a large amount of lab costs. We were charged for our consult and the imaging done. I watch our medical charges carefully due to being mischarged in the past at another Clinic, and I haven't seen any charges through RGI that I didn't agree with. Our IUI was not covered, so that charge was an upfront cash fee.
We have not started IVF yet due to Covid-19, however RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
During our IUI cycle the clinic forgot to call in my prescription for my trigger shot. This is a time and temperature sensitive medication. They use a mail order pharmacy and told me that the lab would call me in time to receive my medication. When I hadn't heard from the pharmacy 4 days before I needed it I called them. They said they didn't have an Rx on file. So I had to call the clinic and get it sorted out, which they told me they forgot to send it. By this time it was the next day, a Friday, and I had to pay overnight weekend shipping fee to receive the medication in time for my Monday appointment. Only to get to my appointment and explain what happened to Dr Maseelall for her to say, they keep backups there in the office that I could have used. I was frustrated, but accidents happen. I also could have called the pharmacy earlier to check - and will from now on.
Akron

After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family...has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic [of Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office...the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is very kind and compassionate. She not only took the time to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of our fertility problems but she also took the time to get to know us as a couple. Some may view it as a weakness, but I feel that a doctor that truly knows her patients and can actually empathize with them, with what they are going through, is far superior. She gave us honest, straightforward answers to every question we have asked. She has never sugar-coated anything, but has given us the truth and facts in a manner that was easy for us to understand but yet that we grasped the severity of the situation. Every surgery that she has performed on me, I sae her prior to the surgical appointment and then again in the OR prior to being put under. Which, for me, was a huge relief, knowing that she was there. My family is very strong in our faith and we pray about everything. And she has never looked at me like I was crazy or treated me like my faith wasn't just as important as her medical knowledge -which I had had in the past from a previous dr who told me that it wasn't! Dr Maseelall has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Go! Don't wait like everyone says. We listened to people -including drs- who said we had plenty of time. That we were still young. But guess what? Those people, those DOCTORS didn't diagnose me with PCOS, and because of that. The waiting just led to a more serious condition - complex endometrial hyperplasia with a-typia. Something that could have FULLY taken my fertility and ability to ever carry a child, had Dr Maseelall not caught it and then treated it with tenacity.
Dr Maseelall has always taken the time to answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION we have ever had. When our FET using donor embryo failed, she was more upset than we were!! We've been through so many let downs that we truly didn't expect a positive result, even though we tried to stay positive. She was genuinely upset and honestly, was puzzled as to why the embryo didn't attach. The entire staff treats you like you are the only patient they are seeing, taking the time to answer questions and really talk to you. After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family.
Our very first round, we used lupron to suppress my own hormones. Then I started taking estradiol and baby aspirin. We had to cancel the cycle because I spontaneously ovulated -something I hadn't done in nearly 7 years. She then had me take provera to force me to have a period to shed the lining. When our next cycle was to start, Dr Maseelall discovered that I had developed a cyst so she had us delay the cycle until the cyst disappeared or shrank. We then decided to use letrozole and use my own natural cycle to prepare my uterus and body for an embryo transfer using a donor embryo. I took 4 letrozole pills every day for 5 days. Several days of monitoring my lining growth and symmetry, the size of the follicles I was creating (I produced a total of 5 with 3 growing large enough to actually be released), and then followed by a shot of hCG to trigger ovualtion, followed by 1 week of progesterone shots, an FET using our donor embryo, and then followed by 10 days of progesterone shots.... And a negative pregnancy test. After the test came back negative, we had a heart-to-heart conversation with Dr Maseelall about our options and chances of our 2nd embryo (we only had 2) implanting if we did another round. She suggested doing an ERA test for our next round to see how receptive my uterine lining actually is. So we did it. Using the same protocol we used for our failed transfer. I only produced 3 follicles this time. And the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test. With Christmas a month away, we opted to take a month off and to regroup after the holiday. We have not redone the ERA test as of yet because we have been doing a lot of praying and reevaluating, and discussing the possibility of using a surrogate, which we had discussed with Dr Maseelall the last time we saw her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Most of the time I have gone in, I have had the same nurse. Just because that is how her schedule fell. All of the nurses were kind and compassionate, taking time to answer questions when asked, and very thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI has several satellite offices in addition to their main office in Akron. It makes seeing your dr even more convenient. I first saw Dr Maseelall at a satellite clinic which was only about 25 minutes from my home, vs the hr drive to the main clinic. Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office.
The legal aspect of securing legal rights for our donor embryos cost $5000 for the 1st and an additional $2000 for the 2nd. Our FET cycle, without the cost of medication, cost $3500. For our ERA round, we paid for bloodwork only, which cost us $40 per stick, for a total of $160.
I am grateful that Dr Maseelall explained to us the reasons why she would only transfer one embryo for us. My health and safety were paramount for her.
Akron
At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later...[Dr. Maseelall] guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success...Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
The price for our IVF cycle [at Reproductive Gynecology] was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost...We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Doctor was great. She was involved every step of the way including testing, two surgeries, retrieval and transfer. She was ready to answer questions and help any way she could. When a road block came up during our treatment, she figured out a way to keep things moving and only pushed our time out a few weeks instead of anything longer. She keeps the patient and the situation in mind while doing everything so that her patients have the best chances of getting the baby they so badly want
Come to your appointments with any questions written down. You never know what will come up during your appointment, so having everything written down helps keep your mind on track, and also help if other questions pop up during the appointment so that you don't forget what you originally wanted to ask. Sometimes she can talk fast and move on, don't be afraid to ask her to explain something again, she is there to help so use her to your advantage
She is a great doctor. Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
Around two weeks of birth control to start. Then 10 days of stims - Menopur and Follistim for all 10 days, around day 5/6 we added in Ganirelix. Day 10 we did the trigger shot as well and 36 hours later we did retrieval. At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later. Being a first timer with IVF I didn't ask a lot of questions on the medications, I trusted that my doctor knew what the best course of action was for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle was great to work with. She always made you feel comfortable and encouraged asking questions. She even left a voicemail and left her personal cell phone number so I could call her back and talk. Michelle and Jenna were great with teaching us how to use the meds. We felt totally comfortable when starting injections because of the knowledge they gave us during the teaching demonstration
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall the clinic is great. We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great. Sometimes it can be overwhelming walking in and seeing a full waiting room, but they move fast since a lot of people are just getting blood work. The only thing I think they could improve (and this isn't all the time, just a few times) one of the ladies at the front desk sometimes isn't the nicest person. I get that people have bad days, but when you are working in such a sensitive area there should be more compassion and care when dealing with people over the phone and in the office.
Initial testing to determine cause of infertility was sometimes paid by insurance but most times it was not. The price for our IVF cycle was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost. For stims meds we paid about 3,500 for our 10 days of meds. The doctor prescribed them perfectly and we had nothing left over that was wasted, and we had enough to make it through all of our days. Meds for the frozen transfer prep were another cost. I believe those were around $1200. Some of those were covered under insurance so they were cheaper, but the Lupron kit was the most expensive of that process.
Doctor guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success

2020, Consult
Dr. Maseelall seemed very interested in learning about our experiences causing us to seek infertility treatment. She also was helpful and patient when explaining processes and with questions we had...[She] seemed very adamant that only single embryo transfers are the best. Can completely understand why, when the risk of miscarriage is higher otherwise, along with other complications.
They [Reproductive Gynecology] were quick to contact us back and schedule an appointment. Due to the corona virus quarantine rules we had to do a virtual appointment but the office personell were awesome in calling us and making sure we were up to date on our appointment and making sure our doctor had all the information she needed...The nursing staff seemed eager to help with appointment setups, any questions we had, just overall very friendly
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I liked how friendly she was. I've only seen her once, so I can't say much else besides I wouldn't mind seeing her again and getting better aquainted. It is too soon for me to give an honest critique for her, as my opinion could change upon knowing Dr. Maseelall better, but I felt comfortable around her.
Write down any questions you want to remember to ask! Keep a notebook handy, it makes it easier for both doctor and patient.
Dr. Maseelall seemed very interested in learning about our experiences causing us to seek infertility treatment. She also was helpful and patient when explaining processes and with questions we had. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to our next appointment.
All I have had done is the first consultation and first labs drawn. Gotta love the phlebotomist, she's a pro!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff seemed eager to help with appointment setups, any questions we had, just overall very friendly. No complaints!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Following the surgery at the hospital I was advised to contact this clinic. They were quick to contact us back and schedule an appointment. Due to the corona virus quarantine rules we had to do a virtual appointment but the office personell were awesome in calling us and making sure we were up to date on our appointment and making sure our doctor had all the information she needed. Our first virtual appointment went smoothly with the doctor showing compassion for all we had went through and giving us hope that we could still have children. Once we went to the clinic for our first round of testing we found the clinic clean and the personnel friendly. We are now waiting for our second virtual appointment with the doctor.
IVF cycle was $14,600, medicine $4000-$6000, cost of first consult was $150.
Dr. Maseelall seemed very adamant that only single embryo transfers are the best. Can completely understand why, when the risk of miscarriage is higher otherwise, along with other complications.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Priya Maseelall] is very compassionate and kind and thorough. She thoroughly reviewed my chart and cane up with a plan to help us. After the failed first transfer, she orders a ERA and then sat down and spoke with us about the results and what was next...so welcoming and kind and addresses me by name and have compassion when then they are treating me.
Initial consult appointment [at Reproductive Gynecology] is very long, but once you get going into treatment, they are a well oiled machine. I love the handouts and details instructions. For blood draws and lining checks you hardly wait at all, 10 minutes tops. The procedures were all done right at the clinic and the embryo transfer was awesome...I haven’t had one bad experience with anyone at RGI.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is very compassionate and kind and thorough. She thoroughly reviewed my chart and cane up with a plan to help us. After the failed first transfer, she orders a ERA and then sat down and spoke with us about the results and what was next. She also reduced the amount the test was to help us with money. She also said I am first in line when they open again since my second Transfer was cancelled two days before it was to happen due to covid-19
Feel open to ask questions, she is great at answering in a direct and easy to understand way.
Dr. Maseelall and her staff is so welcoming and kind and addresses me by name and have compassion when then they are treating me.
I have recurrent miscarriage due to thrombophilia, mthfr factor v Leiden and my husband has low sperm count. We did estradiol, steroid, baby aspirin, PIO shots and a steroid to prep before transfer. For my husband it was ivf with ICSI and pgs testing. For my diagnostics I had lots of blood panels and thyroids stuff, some saline test, hysterioscopy, and ERA test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Adkins)
Love them all, very kind and nice. Especially Kathleen is so kind. She has helped me a lot and was the one who called me with results of failed transfer. She was very compassionate about the loss. I haven’t had one bad experience with anyone at RGI.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Initial consult appointment is very long, but once you get going into treatment, they are a well oiled machine. I love the handouts and details instructions. For blood draws and lining checks you hardly wait at all, 10 minutes tops. The procedures were all done right at the clinic and the embryo transfer was awesome,!we saw the embryo on this huge screen - very special. They even gave me a large 8x10 of our embryo.
$14,000 for egg retrieval and ivf with ICSI and pgs testing and one transfer. Meds were $2800. Then ERA test $750. Then second frozen embryo transfer is $3500. We did not qualify for their baby guarantee program because I have had more than two miscarriages.
My doctor says over 40 you can do 2 embryos.
Akron
[Dr. Priya Maseelall] She takes care of you first to make sure you are healthy and safe before anything else. She did tests on me to make sure I was in a spot to at least start IUI. We went over a plan and goals...My left ovary is working the best so we are able to get the lost eggs from that side, my first two iuis were not successful. 3rd we changed the dose of letrozole and got 2 eggs
[Reproductive Gynecology] called me right away even to make sure I understood blood work and procedures coming up. She was there for me...[staff]I don’t feel like a number, they take their time to work things out with me. Always fit me in for scheduling and make sure they can get me in when I need to...They can bill clinical things through my insurance but not fertility. She just charges me for ultrasounds and the the actual IUI. When I have got lab work the outside company is always reasonable
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is very smart! She knows what she’s doing and she knows the plan of action to take. She takes care of you first to make sure you are healthy and safe before anything else. She did tests on me to make sure I was in a spot to at least start IUI. We went over a plan and goals. I felt like she knew my wishes to have a second child through IUI and helped me in that journey.
Just keep an open heart and open mind the fertility journey can be gut wrenching but the staff has always been there for me
She made sure she took her time to help me with my wishes
My left ovary is working the best so we are able to get the lost eggs from that side, my first two iuis were not successful. 3rd we changed the dose of letrozole and got 2 eggs but it ended in a ectopic. I felt happy I know I can get pregnant but now I think my only option going forward is IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
She called me right away even to make sure I understood blood work and procedures coming up. She was there for me with I found out my pregnancy was ectopic and was compassionate
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are really good about scheduling, I never wait long. They work out payments ask if you want to pay anything toward your balance. I don’t feel like a number, they take their time to work things out with me. Always fit me in for scheduling and make sure they can get me in when I need to! Even met me at the office on Easter Sunday to make sure I got a blood draw that day. I call their office they rerun the call instantly.
Here price is the same every time for self pay, I know what to expect when I got in there. They can bill clinical things through my insurance but not fertility. She just charges me for ultrasounds and the the actual IUI. When I have got lab work the outside company is always reasonable
2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui [with Dr. Maseelall] resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
office [of Reproductive Gynecology] was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back...Jen [nurse] was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate...They told me my hsg test would be covered when it was not but they made it right by giving me a discount for some of it.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She wants you to have a successful pregnancy and is very kind and blunt. She explains risks and has your best interests in mind. She makes you feel like a friend and is so happy if you become pregnant.
Make sure you figure out a way to get all your questions answered, it can be difficult in this clinic because they are so busy.
Dr always treated me like a human but office was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back.
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
Jen was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate. Tried to get me the best deal on my meds and get the most use out of them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Front office staff is very friendly. Be prepared to rarely get anyone on the phone, always leave messages and they will call you back. That part is very frustrating for someone who works and can't always answer their phone.
Iui was 600. 200 for each monitoring appt, 2 per cycle with clomid, 3 with gonal f. Gonal f cost about $700 per month
She will only do a single embryo transfer for me since I am 31. This is a problem for us doing ivf because we don't want to have left over frozen embryos. I found another Dr that would transfer 2 for me.
Akron

Doctor [Maseelall] explained up front our best result would be IVF and with male infertility explained best result would be ICSI. My drug protocol was never changed for my retrieval. However after a failed transfer we took many months to get things “just right” for a second transfer. We tried oral estrogen, shots, progesterone and finally ended at a natural cycle. I ended with a positive pregnancy on my second transfer...she is calm, patient and keeps you in the know at all processes. Ideally I wish she didn’t seem so rushed to the next patient but understand she’s got to see the next patient....
The office [Reproductive Gynecology] is busy, extremely busy so often we waited 20-30 min utes past our appointment time just to be taken back...Too many appointments scheduled at one time. Ended up finding out it was first come first seen basis...Multiple IVF nurses. At times felt they were just as rushed, but overall always friendly...On one occasion had mixed information provided about drug protocol...Be prepared to wait....
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
The office is busy, extremely busy so often we waited 20-30 min utes past our appointment time just to be taken back. Otherwise she is calm, patient and keeps you in the know at all processes. Ideally I wish she didn’t seem so rushed to the next patient but understand she’s got to see the next patient
Be prepared to wait.
The entire clinic is friendly and helpful. Dr Masselall truly wants the best outcome and won’t transfer unless everything is perfect. She makes you feel comfortable at all times
Doctor explained up front our best result would be IVF and with male infertility explained best result would be ICSI. My drug protocol was never changed for my retrieval. However after a failed transfer we took many months to get things “just right” for a second transfer. We tried oral estrogen, shots, progesterone and finally ended at a natural cycle. I ended with a positive pregnancy on my second transfer
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Bigger waiting room. Make the facility handicap accessible. We often had to wait even longer for an exam room that had a table that would raise/lower. Everyone is super friendly and makes you feel welcome
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Gynecology.
Too many appointments scheduled at one time. Ended up finding out it was first come first seen basis. However doesn’t work when i’m waiting for an accessible exam room
For semen analysis, embryo retrieval and two transfers we have paid ballpark $15k out of pocket. Does not include costs my insurance had covered
Being 36 and cost being such a factor, i wish it was ultimately up to the patient on deciding on single vs multiple embryo transfer. Her office will only do single embryo transfers
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
On one occasion had mixed information provided about drug protocol

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child...This was my first cycle so it was a standard IVF medication protocol. I was on Menopur , Glonal F, Cetrotide. Prior to retrieval I was also taking aspirin, prenatal with iron, Folbic , medrol, and a course of doxycycline. My trigger shot was Pregnyl. I started progesterone in oil prior to my FET.
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos [on our cycle with Reproductive Gynecology]. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history...Strength- well organized, state our the art infertility treatments, good appointment availability Weakness- busy office, long wait times , lab not covered by insurance, expensive if insurance is out of network...
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child.
Ask all your questions so you have a good understanding what’s going on with your treatment. IVF is a complicated process.
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive, empathetic, and is helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us.
The nursing staff was supportive and understanding. After we suffered the death or our son the nurses where empathetic and have their condolences.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$1000 lab work $1000 plus medication cost $11,000 out of pocket for ivf procedure
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history.
Akron

So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel [with Dr. David Nash] to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there...He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
despite [Reproductive Gynecology] being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment...All of the nursing staff are compassionate and have been very supportive of my decision to be a single mother by choice. Mary has been supportive and always keeps good track of my next steps and gives me great instructions about what next steps I need to take in my cycle processes. The only weakness of this office would be that they are often busy, but I never feel this interferes with my care here.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash seems to have a good understanding of infertility and procedures. I went to him as a single mother by choice though, and I felt he was completely understanding of my situation and my supportive. He is often busy and seems rushed, but I attribute that to his needing to see so many patients. He is always kind and shows compassion despite this. He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
If you are a person who has a lot of questions, bring the list of questions with you before your consult. I personally want to distance myself from this process being so scientific but I because his time is limited be prepared with questions you might have.
For me, knowing that Dr Nash was often busy made me realize that he is helping a lot of people. I also felt that despite his office being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment.
So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful, including the front office staff and the appointment coordinators. They are often busy, as most doctor offices are, but they show support and compassion during your individual appointments. I feel I was lucky that I choose this fertility clinic because I have been very happy with the treatment so far despite my negative IUIs.
My insurance paid for most treatment until I began my IUI cycles, which cost (including sperm vials) $1,500 each cycle. I also had to pay for my genetic testing, but it was reduced to $199 and a counseling appointment which was $250 but very beneficial.
Akron

During our first consult, she greeted my husband and I as individuals. She talked with us about our infertility issues as a couple and explained to us our likelihood of conceiving. She then went on and answered every question that we had. Throughout our first cycle she was personable with each visit and after my miscarriage she was able to answer most questions, and tried to make me feel better...Due to a genetic condition and male factor infertility, she explained our odds of conceiving naturally and even using fertility drugs or IUIs. Because of the rare genetic condition it was in our best interest to do IVF with ICSI and PGS. We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal". We have only done one transfer so far and it was successful, but I miscarried at about 8 weeks.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950) [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Just under $17,000 total...We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal"...Michelle is the IVF nurse coordinator and she was always smiling and able to answer any questions that I had, or was able to find out the answers for me. She knew what she was talking about and always made sure you left knowing the plan.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was always available for each appointment I had. I felt comfortable discussing issues with her. She takes your emotions into consideration, but can be a little blunt at times. She always is in a positive mood and makes you feel as comfortable as she can while in procedures and ultrasounds.
She is a wonderful tool to have when trying to figure out infertility issues, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has several doctors and several different locations that help you find the right doctor and location for you. The staff at the Akron office is wonderful and they know the patients by name. They make you feel welcomed.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950). Just under $17,000 total.
Our doctor suggested eSET due to our age and physical condition. She also discussed that it would be a safer option as there are always added risks with multiple births. We were successful with the implantation of the single embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
After I found out that I was pregnant I got a bad sinus cold. I was told by my primary doctor to consult with my RE about starting a certain OTC medicine. I called the office and was told that it was okay to use that OTC med but then at a visit later that week I was told that they advise against using it.
Akron

Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment.... I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult.
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated.... I wish they [Reproductive Gynecology] had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.... I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early!
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult. He did seem to have good bedside manner he seemed liked he cared about me and that what I was going through was difficult. I wish he were more thorough with each visit,but he seemed so busy that he just didnt have the time to be ! He must be good!
See him if you mean business about conceiving and dont want to waste time. He wants his treatments to work, and he is honest with you and gives you the realistic options
Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment. Even if the news wasn't good,I would want to hear the honest truth directly from the doctor at the time of visit and not left in the dark about what was going on with my progress .
Dr nash stimulated me hard, doubled my dose of menopure and watched closely for positive changes. I have low ovarian functioning,so he wanted to try and get my ovaries to produce the most eggs possible. He also had me taking supplements to help with egg quality. On egg retrieval day, we got 9 eggs. My Amtrak follicle count was low,so this was really good .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
I felt like the clinic was so busy that even the nursing staff wasn't able to spend much time with me or really get to know me. I heard many times that i would receive a phone call , and never did. I felt in the dark about a lot especially labs. They never called with any results. I lived an hour away and they made us drive to the office for discussion of anything. Stuff that easily could have been discussed on the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early! For the most part, they were direct and knew what they were doing, but I wish they just explained things to me because as a patient i was not sure of what to expect-ever! Didnt know the details of next steps. Sometimes I was sure glad I asked,because if I didnt I may have wasted a few long drives out there due to not being prepared at my visits
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated. Its discouraging and very scary to spend every last dollar you have to potentially not conceive! They did have a program with success guaranteed but I did not qualify for it. I wish they had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.
I had to attend a seminar before undergoing treatment and this is when they stressed the importance of why they only do single embryo transfer. They stated all the risks involved with carrying multiples and it made sense
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
I just think that overall the clinic could be run better if communication was better and the patient was always informed of everything going on
Akron

When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. ... There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. ... Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. ... I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall our experience with Dr. Nash has been positive. Understanding his practice flow is important. Consultations are the time for questions, concerns, and waxing poetic. The other appointments are for ultrasounds and procedures. When you feel overwhelmed or you have questions that need answered, schedule a consultation with him. He never makes us feel rushed during those visits. He listens to our questions/concerns and helps us adjust the treatment plan as necessary. He is direct but also kind and empathetic. Sometimes he makes funny jokes as well!
Do as much research as possible before your appointment and write your questions down. He moves pretty fast so if you aren't ready to execute your thoughts, you'll miss your opportunity.
When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. Dr Nash is very serious about this. He is in and out of the room in a flash. He is very quick and you generally don’t have time to ask him any questions. At times, it can make you feel disconnected and like a number. However, Dr Nash is always very willing to discuss whatever you may like and answer all of your questions when you schedule consultation time with him. It’s always good to come prepared with questions and do your research ahead of time so you don’t have to keep scheduling consultations with him.
We have done one cycle of clomid + HCG trigger shot and one cycle of clomid + IUI. Negative pregnancy tests thus far. Also had a laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis or other abnormality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff at RGI is top notch. They almost always call me back on the day that I call. They are a well oiled machine.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule. Dr. Nash is great.
I think he quoted us $1500 for an IUI cycle but we only ended up being charged about $800.
Akron

I really liked Dr. Maseelall she is very friendly and explains everything thoroughly. I always feel like she is rushing and often running behind. I am happy with my choice to switch from my last clinic to this one based solely on my experience with her as a doctor. ... I have dor/ low amh. ... Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
They [Reproductive Gynecology] are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff. ... They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. ... Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
The clinic is often running behind and the support staff is sometimes lacking, but it is with putting to with that to have Dr. Maseelsll in charge of your care.
My doctor is amazing and some of the nursing staff is great some I don't like dealing with. I rarely see my doctor as most interaction is with staff.
I recently just did my furst round of ivf. I have dor/ low amh. We were predicted to only get 1-2 eggs and it was suggested we use donor eggs. Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
Staff is incredibly hard to get ahold of through the phones. Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff.
Our initial deposit was 9 000 we did not do icsi or genetic testing. Or medications were around 5500.
We haven't gotten here in treatment yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. They don't call with my daily blood work results during stims. I have to reach out to them.
Akron

Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. ... She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility. ... Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. ... I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
It’s [Reproductive Gynecology] large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments. ... The nurses are the kindest I have every encountered. The are gentle and compassionate with you and are always willing to answer questions and concerns in person or via phone.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. She instantly makes you feel comfortable talking about what can be a very difficult subject and is willing to answer all questions. She takes time to get to know your personality so that she knows better how to communicate with you and what information to give you. Even though she sometimes has to share difficult news or information, she is always optimistic and hopeful. I never feel uncomfortable around her and infertility treatments can result in many uncomfortable moments.
Think about what questions you want to ask in advance, maybe even write them down. She is very high energy and a fast talker, but she is willing to answer your questions.
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. She is my favorite doctor I have ever seen (even though I wish I didn’t have to undergo fertility treatments). She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility.
I have done three IUI cycles with Letrozale and Ovidrel trigger shot. I just had my third IUI today and we will be pursuing IVF if this fails. I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is the clinic to go to in our area. It’s large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments.
I have great insurance and only pay 10% co-insurance for fertility treatments.
Akron

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks prior to seeing Dr. Nash. My first month with Dr. Nash we took Letrozol and it did not work. We did two or three more rounds of this. We then did surgery to get a better of what is happening inside and he diagnosed me with stage 2 endometriosis. When I was able to start trying again we took Gonal-F and I got pregnant. We had a chemical pregnancy at 4-5 weeks. I am not waiting on results from further testing.
The nursing staff [at Repro Gynecology] is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call..... This clinic is very trusted and has amazing doctors. The staff is friendly but do get overwhelmed so don’t take it personally if they seem short sometimes. This office is usually very busy. The front staff are amazing, they are very friendly. The nurses and lab techs are friendly and will answer your questions to the best of their abilities.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I set very high expectations for Dr. Nash and he try’s very hard to help me undestand my body. There is a lot up in the air right now and I hope and pray he can give me answers. He uses a lot of numbers when describing results which can be confusing but he does his best to explain when I don’t fully understand.
Know that he is human and he doesn’t have all the answers you may expect him to. He will do everything he can for you.
Dr. Nash is an amazing doctor. He try’s his best to keep me from losing hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
My insurance covers most of my testing expect IUI which is $500 each time and IVF is also not covered and is estimated at 20,000. My husband and I struggle with the cost of IVF. My insurance covered most of the medications I have needed, I pay between 10-60 so far.
Akron
Dr Nash is kind and makes me feel very comfortable. He explains what’s is going on when he performs treatments and procedures. He asks how I’m doing and if I have any questions. He makes me feel like it is OK to ask a question. He doesn’t sugar coat anything, he tell you like it is. He moves fast but is a veteran doctor so it makes you feel secure.
RGI as a whole is so informative, helpful, caring and kind. It’s always clean. They offer everything their is regarding fertility and are up to date on all the new tests and procedures. When you walk in the door you are welcome me with mark smiles from people who care. ... The nurse and staff was so caring and compassionate. They answered all my questions and every time I called and had a question they never made me feel stupid or like I was bothering them. They always make me feel good and supported when I’m their or on the phone with them. You can tell they truly care about me.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Don’t be intimidated to ask questions. Dr Nash is kind and caring and will answer them.
Dr Nash is always very kind, he explains what he’s doing when he’s doing a treatment. He asks how I’m doing. He makes me feel very comfortable and able to ask questions
3- iui’s with letrozole Then moved onto IVF Egg retrieval- with AM injections In process of transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Atkins )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The time was when I could come in for my schedule, they were always in the morning but I don’t think there was a specific time frame I had to go.
In total we have spent over $20k this is for the IUI’s, IVF with genetic testing
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Maseelall] was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone...She stated that we would need to do a sperm freeze to make sure we had a chance for when we came up with the money for ivf. She wanted me to get on birth control to make my menstrual cycles a little more normal. She tried to do everything she could for our health and future.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back...The clinic is very nice and clean. It's very welcoming and everyone is so nice. They have private rooms that make you feel comfortable even when sometimes the situation is ackward. It was nice to be able to have the testing done before we got there to be able to discuss everything then.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She cared about us as well as our future and gave options that ivf was going to be our only shot and gave us hope that way. She was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone.
Know that she is going to lead you down a path for happiness but she also has to be honest with you about what will need to happen
She explained everything in detail and she wanted to make sure we understood everything and our next options.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
They were very nice and thorough with their questions. So friendly and made you feel comfortable and welcomed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back
We never discussed this
Akron
Dr. Nash performed surgery to correct the previous physician’s mistakes and removed a portion of my Fallopian tube that although was not an immediate danger to conceiving a child, could have been an increased risk for cancer down the road. ... Dr. Nash is nothing short of an absolute professional. He has been compassionate during our appointments while always ensuring that all bases were covered and that we were always progressing towards the end goal of conceiving a child.
The compassion and thorough review from everyone at the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] really made us feel as if we were valued as individuals, rather than another name or number on a sheet. ... It seemed as if they all were there because they believed in the mission of the clinic to help with all infertility issues, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the previous care we had received.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Be fully committed to the fertility program that Dr. Nash will outline for you as he is fully committed to your success in conceiving.
When my husband and I first went to see Dr. Nash it was a world of difference from the previous care we had received. Instead of being hurried in and out of the office, Dr. Nash took time to put a plan together to not only ensure that we had the best chance of conceiving with IVF but explain all of the options that we could utilize to increase our chances success. Furthermore, Dr. Nash performed surgery to correct the previous physician’s mistakes and removed a portion of my Fallopian tube that although was not an immediate danger to conceiving a child, could have been an increased risk for cancer down the road. It is for that reason that we are thankful that we found RGI and Dr. Nash.
My husband and myself both had our blood tested to ensure that their were no increased genetic risks in conceiving. Having found out that I was never vaccinated for chicken pox, Dr. Nash immediately scheduled the vaccination so we could keep moving forward as quickly as possible. My husbands semen sample was examined even though there was already an analysis on file to make double certain that everything we could do to ensure a high success rate was done. Lastly, Dr. Nash scheduled me for surgery to remove the parts of my Fallopian tubes that had been left by the previous physician/surgeon. This meant the most to me as leaving the tube ends as they were would have left us at an increased risk for an ectopic pregnancy, which I had already gone through prior to seeking Dr. Nash’s opinion.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Every nurse and staff member, from the nurses to the clerical staff was a pleasure to work with. It seemed as if they all were there because they believed in the mission of the clinic to help with all infertility issues, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the previous care we had received.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We honestly have no weaknesses to report. The compassion and thorough review from everyone at the clinic really made us feel as if we were valued as individuals, rather than another name or number on a sheet.
$8,000.00 for the egg retrieval and implantation plus $1,000.00 for embryo storage plus the cost of medications.
Akron

We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor [Dr. Maseelall]. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]....This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor to spend more time explaining the situation, the plan moving forward and to actually deliver the news herself rather than relying on her lab techs and nurses to do so.
Don't expect a lot of help if you are dealing with male infertility. You will immediately be referred to a Urology specialist and told to contact Dr. Maseelall's office once you meet with the urologist and know what he recommends. We have basically been completely handed off with no direction or assistance or even hope of finding a good solution.
This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible. Expect to wait weeks or months to get an appointment and most disappointing of all the Dr. did not even give our diagnosis in person but rather a lab tech called to tell us the disappointing news.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
I would say the nursing staff has been the most helpful and compassionate of all. They were always friendly and tried to supply answers and explain the situation if possible. They were very gentle and acted like they cared.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic. I am the type of person that wants answers and would like someone to be there to help me when needed, especially if I am shelling out thousands of dollars. I do like the convenient location and the fact that the labs and semen analysis labs are all contained within their office, the external hospital labs are right downstairs so this really helps if you are in a time crunch. Overall however we are not overly impressed and we have started to explore other options and doctors.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
Again going back to the lack of communication with this particular clinic we have found that we have to constantly follow up and make sure things get done. We had to follow up and call the doctor ourselves to get our results and schedule our appointments once the results were in. I feel like we have done a lot of chasing rather than receiving a lot of assistance and care.
Akron

I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations.... Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment.
The clinic staff [Reproductive Gynecology] is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.... The nursing staff is willing to answer questions and follow through with requests. However, they are often left in the dark by Dr. Maseelall and other doctors.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment. She also often rushes through consolations, which may make you feel as if another appointment is more important. Lastly, her office at times is poor at returning calls or following through with actions unless you remind them, such as providing records to another doctor.
Be aware that Dr. Maseelall and her staff may not return calls or may rush through appointments. You must be willing to slow her down during an appointment or constantly be willing to have follow-up calls to check in, which can be difficult emotionally especially when you just find out about infertility.
I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations. Her office at times would also be quite poor about returning calls.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic staff is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has had issues with sending results to another doctor that Dr. Maseelall recommended, despite Dr. Maseelall stating she would do so. When I called to confirm the results were sent, the nurse was confused about the request as the doctor did not inform her and as result they wee not sent. Also, after conducting tests, the office failed to call my wife and I to schedule a follow up consultation, despite the office saying they would.