Genetic counseling: Offered
330-452-6010
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic [of Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office...the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI has several satellite offices in addition to their main office in Akron. It makes seeing your dr even more convenient. I first saw Dr Maseelall at a satellite clinic which was only about 25 minutes from my home, vs the hr drive to the main clinic. Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall has always taken the time to answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION we have ever had. When our FET using donor embryo failed, she was more upset than we were!! We've been through so many let downs that we truly didn't expect a positive result, even though we tried to stay positive. She was genuinely upset and honestly, was puzzled as to why the embryo didn't attach. The entire staff treats you like you are the only patient they are seeing, taking the time to answer questions and really talk to you. After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family.
Most of the time I have gone in, I have had the same nurse. Just because that is how her schedule fell. All of the nurses were kind and compassionate, taking time to answer questions when asked, and very thorough.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is very kind and compassionate. She not only took the time to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of our fertility problems but she also took the time to get to know us as a couple. Some may view it as a weakness, but I feel that a doctor that truly knows her patients and can actually empathize with them, with what they are going through, is far superior. She gave us honest, straightforward answers to every question we have asked. She has never sugar-coated anything, but has given us the truth and facts in a manner that was easy for us to understand but yet that we grasped the severity of the situation. Every surgery that she has performed on me, I sae her prior to the surgical appointment and then again in the OR prior to being put under. Which, for me, was a huge relief, knowing that she was there. My family is very strong in our faith and we pray about everything. And she has never looked at me like I was crazy or treated me like my faith wasn't just as important as her medical knowledge -which I had had in the past from a previous dr who told me that it wasn't! Dr Maseelall has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Go! Don't wait like everyone says. We listened to people -including drs- who said we had plenty of time. That we were still young. But guess what? Those people, those DOCTORS didn't diagnose me with PCOS, and because of that. The waiting just led to a more serious condition - complex endometrial hyperplasia with a-typia. Something that could have FULLY taken my fertility and ability to ever carry a child, had Dr Maseelall not caught it and then treated it with tenacity.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
Our very first round, we used lupron to suppress my own hormones. Then I started taking estradiol and baby aspirin. We had to cancel the cycle because I spontaneously ovulated -something I hadn't done in nearly 7 years. She then had me take provera to force me to have a period to shed the lining. When our next cycle was to start, Dr Maseelall discovered that I had developed a cyst so she had us delay the cycle until the cyst disappeared or shrank. We then decided to use letrozole and use my own natural cycle to prepare my uterus and body for an embryo transfer using a donor embryo. I took 4 letrozole pills every day for 5 days. Several days of monitoring my lining growth and symmetry, the size of the follicles I was creating (I produced a total of 5 with 3 growing large enough to actually be released), and then followed by a shot of hCG to trigger ovualtion, followed by 1 week of progesterone shots, an FET using our donor embryo, and then followed by 10 days of progesterone shots.... And a negative pregnancy test. After the test came back negative, we had a heart-to-heart conversation with Dr Maseelall about our options and chances of our 2nd embryo (we only had 2) implanting if we did another round. She suggested doing an ERA test for our next round to see how receptive my uterine lining actually is. So we did it. Using the same protocol we used for our failed transfer. I only produced 3 follicles this time. And the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test. With Christmas a month away, we opted to take a month off and to regroup after the holiday. We have not redone the ERA test as of yet because we have been doing a lot of praying and reevaluating, and discussing the possibility of using a surrogate, which we had discussed with Dr Maseelall the last time we saw her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
The legal aspect of securing legal rights for our donor embryos cost $5000 for the 1st and an additional $2000 for the 2nd. Our FET cycle, without the cost of medication, cost $3500. For our ERA round, we paid for bloodwork only, which cost us $40 per stick, for a total of $160.
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I am grateful that Dr Maseelall explained to us the reasons why she would only transfer one embryo for us. My health and safety were paramount for her.
Akron

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The price for our IVF cycle [at Reproductive Gynecology] was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost...We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall the clinic is great. We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great. Sometimes it can be overwhelming walking in and seeing a full waiting room, but they move fast since a lot of people are just getting blood work. The only thing I think they could improve (and this isn't all the time, just a few times) one of the ladies at the front desk sometimes isn't the nicest person. I get that people have bad days, but when you are working in such a sensitive area there should be more compassion and care when dealing with people over the phone and in the office.
She is a great doctor. Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle was great to work with. She always made you feel comfortable and encouraged asking questions. She even left a voicemail and left her personal cell phone number so I could call her back and talk. Michelle and Jenna were great with teaching us how to use the meds. We felt totally comfortable when starting injections because of the knowledge they gave us during the teaching demonstration
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Doctor was great. She was involved every step of the way including testing, two surgeries, retrieval and transfer. She was ready to answer questions and help any way she could. When a road block came up during our treatment, she figured out a way to keep things moving and only pushed our time out a few weeks instead of anything longer. She keeps the patient and the situation in mind while doing everything so that her patients have the best chances of getting the baby they so badly want
Come to your appointments with any questions written down. You never know what will come up during your appointment, so having everything written down helps keep your mind on track, and also help if other questions pop up during the appointment so that you don't forget what you originally wanted to ask. Sometimes she can talk fast and move on, don't be afraid to ask her to explain something again, she is there to help so use her to your advantage
Around two weeks of birth control to start. Then 10 days of stims - Menopur and Follistim for all 10 days, around day 5/6 we added in Ganirelix. Day 10 we did the trigger shot as well and 36 hours later we did retrieval. At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later. Being a first timer with IVF I didn't ask a lot of questions on the medications, I trusted that my doctor knew what the best course of action was for us.
Initial testing to determine cause of infertility was sometimes paid by insurance but most times it was not. The price for our IVF cycle was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost. For stims meds we paid about 3,500 for our 10 days of meds. The doctor prescribed them perfectly and we had nothing left over that was wasted, and we had enough to make it through all of our days. Meds for the frozen transfer prep were another cost. I believe those were around $1200. Some of those were covered under insurance so they were cheaper, but the Lupron kit was the most expensive of that process.
Doctor guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success

2014 - 2019
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Lynn is a most amazing nurse at RGI. She is our favorite person there - she has served as my coordinator at times...I was waiting for pregnancy test results after an FET, so it was a big one. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I had been bugging them all afternoon. It was almost the end of their day when I finally asked what we were going to do about it when they told me they got covered up with some other papers. It was negative, but the experience was extra frustrating, obviously.
2014 - 2019
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They’re busy. Columbus only has 2 clinics with a new third one just getting started. RGI is by far the more cutting edge of the two and frankly their busy-ness feels like a weakness at this point. The pro is that they are good - Dr. Jain is a good doctor, they have a great lab, and I think they do their best to run an efficient practice even when taking on so many patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a very busy doctor. I believe that he ultimately wants your success, but getting him to give you his full attention can be challenging at times. The clinic has gotten so much busier from when we initially started going there that it has felt difficult over the years to feel like we still matter to anyone there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel )
Lynn is a most amazing nurse at RGI. She is our favorite person there - she has served as my coordinator at times. I’ve been through several coordinators over the years, but Shannel is the current one. She is a very efficient communicator, but can be short and not very compassionate at times. She will always respond to emails though, which I am so appreciative of.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a perfectionist. He wants you to get pregnant. These things were never in question for us. He has always given us honest feedback about our situation and best ways to proceed. That being said, he can also be blunt and make me feel bad. I’ve left the office in tears many times, not because he was mean, but because he was trying to make sure we knew the entirety of the situation. He has also showed a tremendous amount of support for us over the years, from working directly with our donor egg agency to help us select the best donor, giving up weekend time to talk with us on the phone, to contacting my OB/GYN after our miscarriage to make sure he had all of the information possible. His communication style can be challenging, but I ultimately believe he is very good at what he does and that he truly wants us to succeed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
If you need time to ask questions, schedule a consultation appointment. He does office visits quickly and will not give you a generous amount of time, but he will in a consult. It’s your money and your time and your health, make him give you the time you deserve.
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I don’t remember specifics. My first retrieval was difficult due to a cyst on one ovary and my other ovary being located very high in my pelvic cavity. My second retrieval was entirely unsuccessful - no eggs retrieved at all, which was a huge disappointment and ultimately what led to the use of donor eggs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
IVF was something like $15,500 ICSI was $1,500 Donor Egg Retrieval was $17,125 Donor Egg Agency cost was approximately $10,000
Westerville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos [on our cycle with Reproductive Gynecology]. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history...Strength- well organized, state our the art infertility treatments, good appointment availability Weakness- busy office, long wait times , lab not covered by insurance, expensive if insurance is out of network...
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive, empathetic, and is helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us.
The nursing staff was supportive and understanding. After we suffered the death or our son the nurses where empathetic and have their condolences.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child.
Ask all your questions so you have a good understanding what’s going on with your treatment. IVF is a complicated process.
This was my first cycle so it was a standard IVF medication protocol. I was on Menopur , Glonal F, Cetrotide. Prior to retrieval I was also taking aspirin, prenatal with iron, Folbic , medrol, and a course of doxycycline. My trigger shot was Pregnyl. I started progesterone in oil prior to my FET.
$1000 lab work $1000 plus medication cost $11,000 out of pocket for ivf procedure
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history.
Akron

I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated.... I wish they [Reproductive Gynecology] had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.... I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early! For the most part, they were direct and knew what they were doing, but I wish they just explained things to me because as a patient i was not sure of what to expect-ever! Didnt know the details of next steps. Sometimes I was sure glad I asked,because if I didnt I may have wasted a few long drives out there due to not being prepared at my visits
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment. Even if the news wasn't good,I would want to hear the honest truth directly from the doctor at the time of visit and not left in the dark about what was going on with my progress .
I felt like the clinic was so busy that even the nursing staff wasn't able to spend much time with me or really get to know me. I heard many times that i would receive a phone call , and never did. I felt in the dark about a lot especially labs. They never called with any results. I lived an hour away and they made us drive to the office for discussion of anything. Stuff that easily could have been discussed on the phone.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult. He did seem to have good bedside manner he seemed liked he cared about me and that what I was going through was difficult. I wish he were more thorough with each visit,but he seemed so busy that he just didnt have the time to be ! He must be good!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
See him if you mean business about conceiving and dont want to waste time. He wants his treatments to work, and he is honest with you and gives you the realistic options
Describe the protocols David Nash used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
Dr nash stimulated me hard, doubled my dose of menopure and watched closely for positive changes. I have low ovarian functioning,so he wanted to try and get my ovaries to produce the most eggs possible. He also had me taking supplements to help with egg quality. On egg retrieval day, we got 9 eggs. My Amtrak follicle count was low,so this was really good .
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated. Its discouraging and very scary to spend every last dollar you have to potentially not conceive! They did have a program with success guaranteed but I did not qualify for it. I wish they had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.
Describe David Nash's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I had to attend a seminar before undergoing treatment and this is when they stressed the importance of why they only do single embryo transfer. They stated all the risks involved with carrying multiples and it made sense
Akron

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.

When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. ... There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. ... Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. ... I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule. Dr. Nash is great.
When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. Dr Nash is very serious about this. He is in and out of the room in a flash. He is very quick and you generally don’t have time to ask him any questions. At times, it can make you feel disconnected and like a number. However, Dr Nash is always very willing to discuss whatever you may like and answer all of your questions when you schedule consultation time with him. It’s always good to come prepared with questions and do your research ahead of time so you don’t have to keep scheduling consultations with him.
The nursing staff at RGI is top notch. They almost always call me back on the day that I call. They are a well oiled machine.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall our experience with Dr. Nash has been positive. Understanding his practice flow is important. Consultations are the time for questions, concerns, and waxing poetic. The other appointments are for ultrasounds and procedures. When you feel overwhelmed or you have questions that need answered, schedule a consultation with him. He never makes us feel rushed during those visits. He listens to our questions/concerns and helps us adjust the treatment plan as necessary. He is direct but also kind and empathetic. Sometimes he makes funny jokes as well!
Do as much research as possible before your appointment and write your questions down. He moves pretty fast so if you aren't ready to execute your thoughts, you'll miss your opportunity.
We have done one cycle of clomid + HCG trigger shot and one cycle of clomid + IUI. Negative pregnancy tests thus far. Also had a laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis or other abnormality.
I think he quoted us $1500 for an IUI cycle but we only ended up being charged about $800.
Akron

They [Reproductive Gynecology] are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff. ... They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. ... Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff.
My doctor is amazing and some of the nursing staff is great some I don't like dealing with. I rarely see my doctor as most interaction is with staff.
Staff is incredibly hard to get ahold of through the phones. Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I really liked Dr. Maseelall she is very friendly and explains everything thoroughly. I always feel like she is rushing and often running behind. I am happy with my choice to switch from my last clinic to this one based solely on my experience with her as a doctor.
The clinic is often running behind and the support staff is sometimes lacking, but it is with putting to with that to have Dr. Maseelsll in charge of your care.
I recently just did my furst round of ivf. I have dor/ low amh. We were predicted to only get 1-2 eggs and it was suggested we use donor eggs. Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
Our initial deposit was 9 000 we did not do icsi or genetic testing. Or medications were around 5500.
We haven't gotten here in treatment yet.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
It’s [Reproductive Gynecology] large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments. ... The nurses are the kindest I have every encountered. The are gentle and compassionate with you and are always willing to answer questions and concerns in person or via phone.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is the clinic to go to in our area. It’s large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments.
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. She is my favorite doctor I have ever seen (even though I wish I didn’t have to undergo fertility treatments). She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. She instantly makes you feel comfortable talking about what can be a very difficult subject and is willing to answer all questions. She takes time to get to know your personality so that she knows better how to communicate with you and what information to give you. Even though she sometimes has to share difficult news or information, she is always optimistic and hopeful. I never feel uncomfortable around her and infertility treatments can result in many uncomfortable moments.
Think about what questions you want to ask in advance, maybe even write them down. She is very high energy and a fast talker, but she is willing to answer your questions.
I have done three IUI cycles with Letrozale and Ovidrel trigger shot. I just had my third IUI today and we will be pursuing IVF if this fails. I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
I have great insurance and only pay 10% co-insurance for fertility treatments.

Anovulation, Endometriosis
The nursing staff [at Repro Gynecology] is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call..... This clinic is very trusted and has amazing doctors. The staff is friendly but do get overwhelmed so don’t take it personally if they seem short sometimes. This office is usually very busy. The front staff are amazing, they are very friendly. The nurses and lab techs are friendly and will answer your questions to the best of their abilities.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Nash is an amazing doctor. He try’s his best to keep me from losing hope.
The nursing staff is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I set very high expectations for Dr. Nash and he try’s very hard to help me undestand my body. There is a lot up in the air right now and I hope and pray he can give me answers. He uses a lot of numbers when describing results which can be confusing but he does his best to explain when I don’t fully understand.
Know that he is human and he doesn’t have all the answers you may expect him to. He will do everything he can for you.
I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks prior to seeing Dr. Nash. My first month with Dr. Nash we took Letrozol and it did not work. We did two or three more rounds of this. We then did surgery to get a better of what is happening inside and he diagnosed me with stage 2 endometriosis. When I was able to start trying again we took Gonal-F and I got pregnant. We had a chemical pregnancy at 4-5 weeks. I am not waiting on results from further testing.
My insurance covers most of my testing expect IUI which is $500 each time and IVF is also not covered and is estimated at 20,000. My husband and I struggle with the cost of IVF. My insurance covered most of the medications I have needed, I pay between 10-60 so far.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff [Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable. ... [Nurses] Very compassionate and knowledgeable. They aren’t bothered by questions and return calls immediately should a question arise after you leave the office
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable.
He was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions. He will give you the chances of scenarios but will let you know a brief overview of different treatments or courses of action that he will take depending on the outcome so you are prepared. He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. Overall he is incredibly knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
Be prepared. Take notes and don’t be afraid to ask questions
During our consultation he was very thorough in getting background information on my husband and I both. He let us know that IUI would be the best option to try as there was no need to jump ahead to IVF. He informed us that we would do 3 cycles of IUI with letrozole as I previously did not have success with Clomid. He did a ultrasound to make sure everything looked ok and started me on Letrozole the same day and informed me that I would take a trigger shot prior to IUI once I received a second ultrasound to check follicle size. When we had the second ultrasound done he gave me the specific date and time to take the Pregnyl trigger injection as well as how often to have intercourse leading up to IUI. During the IUI, he overviewed our plan if this was not to be successful which included a HSG test to ensure my Fallopian tubes were open and a second round of IUI with increased dosage of Letrozole. I was then informed to test for pregnancy in 2 weeks and follow up with a positive pregnancy test or start of my cycle.
Consultation submitted to insurance including ultrasound and bloodwork $250, sperm washing (not submitted to insurance) $100, IUI (submitted to insurance for coverage) $500 out of pocket
Westerville

I like the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.... Each round of IUI cost $500. The trigger shot was $125. Ultrasounds and blood work were run through my insurance.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I like the clinic. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.
Dr Jain was very sympathetic to the loss of our first son and I do feel as though he listened when I had something to offer or talk about. However, I did feel at times as though he needed to read my chart before meeting with me to be familiar with my case and my treatment.
I have seen a few nurses. All of them are very nice, however none stick out as going above and beyond. I also don't feel as though they provide any information as to what to expect next.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages, and we discussed my history at a glance. I also never feel like I know what is next. I am rarely given any direction on how to take next steps.
If you have them, ask questions.
After 6 failed cycles of Clomid with my regular OB/GYN, she referred me to Dr. Jain. Dr. Jain was suprised to here that we had one successful pregnancy (that resulted in my son being stillborn) and had had no success with Clomid. He decided to do one more round of Clomid and do our first round of IUI. I had 3 mature follicles that cycle with very high numbers from my husband and Dr Jain was confident in our chances. After the first round was unsuccessful, Dr. Jain felt that my endomentrial lining was thin due to the rounds of Clomid, so he switched me to Letrozole. During that cycle I only had one mature egg and so my husband and I decided to skip IUI that cycle. Dr. Jain did feel that my lining looked better after changing medication. I am currently at the beginning of our 3rd cycle with Dr. Jain. He raised my dose of Letrozole with the hopes of having more eggs. Mid-cycle check is next Monday and we will decided how to proceed for this cycle.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I feel that I am always receiving excellent care when I go to the office [Reproductive Gynecology]. They are very efficient with patient care, but I never feel rushed. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and know you by name. I feel as though, they each know your story and are so thoughtful and compassionate... After PGS testing, we were able to freeze 2 embryos, and 1 that is undetermined. We transferred the first embryo which resulted in a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. We have transferred the second embryo and are on our 2 week wait for the results.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I feel that I am always receiving excellent care when I go to the office. They are very efficient with patient care, but I never feel rushed. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and know you by name. I feel as though, they each know your story and are so thoughtful and compassionate.
He took the time to sit down and explain to us what was actually happening. We felt like the previous doctor gave us false hope. Dr Jain was blunt and to the point, which I appreciate, but was also very caring and thoughtful. We never felt rushed, when in his office. We felt like we could ask him any question, multiple times, so that we were sure we had a good understanding of our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel Gibson)
Shannel is wonderful! She is always easy to reach and easy to communicate with. If I email her, she is very quick to respond and always makes me feel that she’s truly cares.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I trust Dr Jain and I am very confident in his ability to provide us with the care we need. I would recommended him to a friend without hesitation. We have a very difficult situation and he has been there to answer questions every step of the way.
He is very blunt, and will be honest with you, whether you want to hear it or not. That being said, he is also very sympathetic and caring. He’s the best of the best.
I have a diminished egg reserve and my husband makes no sperm. (klinefeltors) we utilized my sister as an egg donor and we found a sperm donor. After PGS testing, we were able to freeze 2 embryos, and 1 that is undetermined. We transferred the first embryo which resulted in a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. We have transferred the second embryo and are on our 2 week wait for the results.
Because we were using my sister as a donor, we paid for our IVF 25,000. This was the cost that included the counselor, meds, anything for my sister, and the first embryo transfer. My ins may pay for some diagnostic tests or labs, but other than that, it’s all out of pocket.
Westerville
Clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is part of a larger office building and somewhat difficult to find at first ... Parking is convenient and free. Sitting area somewhat small (not as large and luxurious as the Akron office) ... Roughly $100-200 for intravaginal ultrasounds, $500 for IUI, trigger shot only ordered through Barron’s pharmacy for $170 ... Janie is my favorite nurse ANYWHERE. She does all my blood work and injections and if I could a I would have every blood draw ever taken from her-I hate having blood taken and she does so good
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Clinic is part of a larger office building and somewhat difficult to find at first (5th floor, right off the elevator and down a hall to your left!) Parking is convenient and free. Sitting area somewhat small (not as large and luxurious as the Akron office)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was very personable, and took a lot of time to talk to be about my life and his life in my initial consultation. Even though he was late due to an emergency surgery (not his fault) he really tried to make up for it
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Mooney is direct and works to help you in the wait. On the first visit he said, “As much as we might learn to like each other, I want you out of my clinic and back to your primary OB as fast as possible with a healthy pregnancy”. This felt like there was finally a sense of urgency to help me get pregnant quickly rather than my other doctor just saying I “wasn’t a geriatric pregnancy and not to worry and take our time”
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Why wait? Make an appointment!
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I’ve done three rounds of Clomid with a prior doctor without successful pregnancy, he switched me to leteozole because I only ever ovulated with one egg using Clomid and never got pregnant-he said some women respond better to a different fertility Med. I ovulated with three eggs (two mature) first cycle without IUI, second cycle with 4 eggs (3 mature) with IUI (tried IUI second cycle due to no success without)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe Stephen Mooney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Unsure
Canton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.

They [Reproductive Gynecology] have an in-house lab (Lab Corps) with a phenomenal phlebotomist. ... Very upscale clinic with modern decor. Comfortable. Enough waiting space unless it is a very busy day. Separate entrance and small waiting area for andrology. ... Very accommodating for appointment times, able to answer basic questions about treatment. They seem to have a lot on their plate but are always kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very upscale clinic with modern decor. Comfortable. Enough waiting space unless it is a very busy day. Separate entrance and small waiting area for andrology. They have an in-house lab (Lab Corps) with a phenomenal phlebotomist.
My treatment was tailored to me and how my body responded each step of the way.
Nurses always respond same day to phone calls. Very accommodating for appointment times, able to answer basic questions about treatment. They seem to have a lot on their plate but are always kind.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Dr. Jain. I feel that he genuinely cares about me and being cautious but aggressive with treatment. I have complete confidence in his judgement and plan of treatment. The only shortcoming is that he seems rushed most of the time. It feels like he wants to get in and out. Questions need to be asked quickly.
Ask questions throughout the office visit, do no wait until the end.
Synthroid 50 mcg throughout treatment. With Dr. Jain I did 2 rounds of Chlomid with timed intercourse, however, my body did not respond well and the lining of my uterus did not develop so we switched to Letrozole. It took some trial and error to get the dosage correct with Letrozole so I had at least one follicle develop but not more than 3. I did 6 rounds of Letrozole. The first 4 rounds were used with timed intercourse and the last 2 were with an IUI. First IUI failed but the second was successful.
My insurance covered all of my treatment except IUI which was $500 each time.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The embryologists and lab [Reproductive Gynecology] are world class, very knowledgeable, and really enjoy educating patients. ... Nursing staff lacks compassion and emotion for their patients. Some of the front desk staff are not friendly. ... The only times phone calls were returned were during lunch (around 1:00) or after clinic hours (around 4:00/4:30). Shannel is Dr. Nash's IVF coordinator. She is very nice in person; however, over email, she comes off as very brash and short, as if the patients are really putting her out with questions/concerns.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths: Very dedicated, intelligent doctors. Dr. Nash is very good at starting slow and discussing all potential options with you. The embryologists and lab are world class, very knowledgeable, and really enjoy educating patients. Weaknesses: Dr. Nash will not talk to patients over the phone about results, only in person, which as a working patient can be nothing but added stress. Dr. Jain is quick to jump to IVF. Nursing staff lacks compassion and emotion for their patients. Some of the front desk staff are not friendly. Scheduling with Dr. Nash can be difficult for working patients.
This is a very busy practice. Dr. Nash would have to look at my chart every time he came in to know who I was and what we were doing. He would also ask me questions sometimes regarding previous treatments and results that probably should've been reviewed before entering the room
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Lynn)
The nursing staff at RGI is not the greatest, but they are so super busy, so it's hard to be 100% present with each patient and compassionate to the extent a patient going through this would hope for. Lynn is the nurse Dr. Nash has for all procedures before IVF. She was very kind, but seemed aloof and disorganized. The only times phone calls were returned were during lunch (around 1:00) or after clinic hours (around 4:00/4:30). Shannel is Dr. Nash's IVF coordinator. She is very nice in person; however, over email, she comes off as very brash and short, as if the patients are really putting her out with questions/concerns. Jenna is the nurse we have been working with after our successful FET. She is also aloof but kind. She is knowledgeable and really strives to help you when you have questions.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash is a brilliant fertility doctor. However, if you are looking for someone that is fuzzy and warm with great bedside manner, he is not it. He is very scientific, which I didn't mind since I have a scientific background and appreciate science, but it would've been nice to see some compassion at times. It did seem like he became more friendly and open as time passed and we did more treatments. Our fertility treatments ended up exactly how he predicted, that we would need to do IVF but that IVF would be highly successful for us. He was spot on with my stimulation medications and we ended up with many PGS normal embryos for us to transfer. I never visited the other center in town and I'm so very glad I didn't. If you want success in your treatment, someone that will rack his brain to figure out a good plan for you, Dr. Nash is the one to see.
Be prepared to not be coddled and have your hand held along the way. He explains things very fast and if I didn't have a medical background, it would probably be difficult to truly understand what was going on. He is only in Westerville on Wednesdays and Thursday mornings, and it's only during working hours, so be prepared to miss work.
Due to my high AMH, we used an antagonist protocol. I ended up doing 12 days of stims then a trigger shot 24 hours before my egg retrieval. RGI does utilize CRNAs to deliver propofol for the egg retrieval which would've been an absolutely horrible experience without.
I have no insurance coverage for infertility. Each ultrasound appt was $200. Each consultation was $200. Each IUI: $500 for procedure, $200 for sperm washing, $200/ultrasound (at least 2/cycle). IVF: About $8000 for procedure (including all labs, consultations, and monitoring visits during cycle), $4000 for meds, $2000 for ICSI, $4500 for PGS testing
For my age and the high quality of our embryos, he was very adamant about only transferring one embryo. We were OK with this as we understood the potential severe complications of having multiples and just wanted a healthy baby.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
They [Repro Gyn - Canton] are great at returning phone calls. The doctors travel between a few offices so sometimes it’s hard to schedule your appointment at an office that’s convenient for you or to know when they’re in....I loved them! They were all so nice and sweet. Very compassionate...I had 4 ultrasounds at $200 a piece. Blood work for pregnancy diagnosis, 2 at $20. Iui was $500. Hysteroscopy was $600. Consultations were $140
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are great at returning phone calls. The doctors travel between a few offices so sometimes it’s hard to schedule your appointment at an office that’s convenient for you or to know when they’re in.
There were times he’d come in the room and be awesome! Nice and funny. Then other times he’d come in and you could tell something or someone (probably himself) put him in a bad mood. I felt like I couldn’t ask him any questions. If I did p, he’d stand there with his arms crossed and I would lose my train of thought.
I loved them! They were all so nice and sweet. Very compassionate. One nurse asked my cousin how I was doing after she hadn’t seen me in awhile.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He did my laparoscopy bc i had a blocked Fallopian tube. He diagnosed me with endometriosis. He showed me pictures of my reproductive organs and showed me the spots of endometriosis and he said he removed them. He also said my tubes were cleared and they looked great (I recorded the visit and listened to it a few months later). I started seeing another fertility dr and she showed me the same pictures and showed me how damaged my tubes were from endometriosis. She said even if I were to get pregnant on my own, I’d have a high chance of an ectopic pregnancy. It’s obvious my tubes are diseased. I’m upset bc this is now a year later and if I would have known all this back then, I would have started ivf right away. He didn’t tell me crucial information that I needed to know in order to make an educated decision.
See one of the othe doctors in the practice
I took Femara for three months and each month had a trigger shot Ovidrel. The third month I did iui. Had an ultrasound to confirm ovulation. He told me when my husband and I should have intercourse.
I had 4 ultrasounds at $200 a piece. Blood work for pregnancy diagnosis, 2 at $20. Iui was $500. Hysteroscopy was $600. Consultations were $140! 3 of those. Not sure how much other blood tests were. Surgery was a couple thousand dollars
Did not do this

4 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
My primary nurse [at Reproductive Gynecology] (Megan) during my egg retrieval and leading up to my FET was amazing. I could email her questions or concerns and she would always get back to me by the end of the day. She truly went above and beyond. Once our embryo was transferred different nurses handled my follow up and it was terrible. I had to wait 3 days to hear the results of my beta hCG (5 days actually if you include the weekend.) I emailed two different nurses that were suppose to be handling my case and called once a day everyday.
4 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I think this clinic is truly amazing. They are very organized and on top of things. I did explain my poor experience with the nursing staff post transfer but I feel if you live in Columbus most people would have a great all around experience.
Dr. Jain was the second provider we had consulted with. As he reviewed my history he was very direct explaining my diagnosis of DOR and poor egg quality. Throughout my treatment he gave us his honest advice and opinions on how we should move forward. I had several cycles canceled because he felt the conditions were not perfect. I could tell he truly wanted the best outcome for us and didn't want to take any chances.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology.
My primary nurse (Megan) during my egg retrieval and leading up to my FET was amazing. I could email her questions or concerns and she would always get back to me by the end of the day. She truly went above and beyond. Once our embryo was transferred different nurses handled my follow up and it was terrible. I had to wait 3 days to hear the results of my beta hCG (5 days actually if you include the weekend.) I emailed two different nurses that were suppose to be handling my case and called once a day everyday. Finally someone called to give me my results (neither one of the nurses ever emailed me back). The whole experience had left me very discouraged and stressed out. Since I live 5 hours away from the clinic they were not quick to send BW or ultrasound orders. My OB office had to call twice to have an ultrasound order sent as well as my records. They only sent 1 orders so I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks then not another one until 12 weeks. I know if I had been living in Columbus I would have been monitored more closely during the early weeks of pregnancy. I had such a positive experience with the clinic up until the time of the transfer and was very disappointed with the communication of the nurses post FET.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
On our first visit Dr. Jain he was very blunt and up front with us about the cause of my infertility as well as his expectations of what it would take for us to get pregnant. I had initially left our first appointment feeling like he lacked compassion but we did appreciated his honesty. Once we started the IVF process we got to know Dr. Jain a lot better through the frequent visits. I never saw another provider and I truly feel he made decisions regarding our care based on our specific needs. I had several FET cycles canceled due to fluid in my uterine lining. He tried several different interventions to get rid of the fluid so the conditions were prefect for transfer. Even though it was very frustrating having so many canceled cycles, it showed me how much he truly wanted the best outcome for us and didn't want to just "wing it". My husband and I both feel our experience with Dr. Jain was wonderful.
I don't remember the specific protocol that was used but during egg retrieval we used Menopur, Follistim, Cetrodite, and Estrace. I have an AMH of 1 and produced 13 eggs.
The total cost including PGS and medications was $21,000
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Jain would only transfer 1 embryo at a time until we've had 2 unsuccessful transfers. Then he would transfer 2.
Westerville

The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]....This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic. I am the type of person that wants answers and would like someone to be there to help me when needed, especially if I am shelling out thousands of dollars. I do like the convenient location and the fact that the labs and semen analysis labs are all contained within their office, the external hospital labs are right downstairs so this really helps if you are in a time crunch. Overall however we are not overly impressed and we have started to explore other options and doctors.
This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible. Expect to wait weeks or months to get an appointment and most disappointing of all the Dr. did not even give our diagnosis in person but rather a lab tech called to tell us the disappointing news.
I would say the nursing staff has been the most helpful and compassionate of all. They were always friendly and tried to supply answers and explain the situation if possible. They were very gentle and acted like they cared.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor to spend more time explaining the situation, the plan moving forward and to actually deliver the news herself rather than relying on her lab techs and nurses to do so.
Don't expect a lot of help if you are dealing with male infertility. You will immediately be referred to a Urology specialist and told to contact Dr. Maseelall's office once you meet with the urologist and know what he recommends. We have basically been completely handed off with no direction or assistance or even hope of finding a good solution.
Akron

The clinic staff [Reproductive Gynecology] is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.... The nursing staff is willing to answer questions and follow through with requests. However, they are often left in the dark by Dr. Maseelall and other doctors.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic staff is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.
I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations. Her office at times would also be quite poor about returning calls.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment. She also often rushes through consolations, which may make you feel as if another appointment is more important. Lastly, her office at times is poor at returning calls or following through with actions unless you remind them, such as providing records to another doctor.
Be aware that Dr. Maseelall and her staff may not return calls or may rush through appointments. You must be willing to slow her down during an appointment or constantly be willing to have follow-up calls to check in, which can be difficult emotionally especially when you just find out about infertility.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The nursing staff [Reproductive Gynecology] all knows my name, my husbands name, and our situation. They are always so compassionate and friendly from check in to check out.... Their strengths are EVERYTHING. There is seriously not one thing I was ever upset about. I have never been happier and more comfortable at a Doctors office. The receptionist, nurses, and all the doctors CARE. They all stay updated on your journey and know who you are as a person and a patient.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Their strengths are EVERYTHING. There is seriously not one thing I was ever upset about. I have never been happier and more comfortable at a Doctors office. The receptionist, nurses, and all the doctors CARE. They all stay updated on your journey and know who you are as a person and a patient. You can tell each worker there genuinely cares and their goal is to get you pregnant!! The only thing I could think to change is if appointments before yours run long, you have to wait, but I think it is like that everywhere so it doesn't bother me too much. I felt so hopeless and lost going from Doctor to Doctor, it wasn't until I started seeing RGI that I felt peace, a sense of calm, and that I was in the right hands and place. If you are in the NE OH area they are the only Doctors I would recommend for infertility.
The nurses, receptionist, and Doctor all know me and my husband by name when we show up for the appointments. Even when I all in to ask a questions they know exactly who I am! They really care and are a great support system through this process.
The nursing staff all knows my name, my husbands name, and our situation. They are always so compassionate and friendly from check in to check out.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Priya Maseelall is AMAZING! From my first consult with her to still working with her at every appointment. She genuinely cares about my husband and I and our situation. Her goal is to get us pregnant ASAP in the most cost effective way, she understands the financial struggles through all of this and ho expensive it can be. When she found out I had low AMH levels at 28, she called me right away and told me we HAVE to be more aggressive I need to get you pregnant ASAP. Hearing those words reassured me I was at the right place with the right Doctor. I had bounced around from my OBGYN to an Endocrinologist to getting so much blood work, MRI, and other costly tests done all for them not to have any answers. I was referred to this clinic by friends who have achieved pregnancy through them and I felt "at home" from my first appointment. You can tell how much Priya cares about each of her patients and she is an amazing support system through the process. She answers all of our questions thoroughly and until we completely understand. She always reassures us and lets us know what our next options are so we can start planning if this option doesn't work. I can't recommend Priya Maseelall enough!!
She has great bed side manners and such a warm personality, but she is also blunt and will tell it like it is. I appreciate that, I don't like the beating around the bush. But, she always tells it the way it is without being harsh, she does it in such a kind way and that she really wants you to understand.
I have been without a period for over a year, with no explanation from countless doctors or tests. Once I saw Priya Maseelall at my first visit, she looked over all my labs and results and said I have a strong suspicion you have a low egg count, so time is not on our side. We started Clomid and the trigger shot right away, she explained when exactly to take the medicine and shot. I then started progesterone pills after that. She let us know when to do times intercourse and the pregnancy test. My first pregnancy test was negative , so I stopped the progesterone and she reassured me I would have a period because it thickened my lining. I was actually excited I FINALLY got a period and felt like I was on the right path. Of course, I was upset I didn't have a positive pregnancy test also. I started another round of Clomid, went to the Doctor yesterday and she said I had 3 great eggs and a much thicker lining. They did the shot in the office and told us when to do timed intercourse and when to start progesterone again. She also tells me which day to take the pregnancy tests. I am waiting to see how this round turns out. But, with my low ovarian reserve, she let us know next step is to repeat Clomid and shot but try IUI. If that doesn't work we need to look into IVF or start fertility shots. She let us know the cost, benefits, down sides, and side effects of each. They are always so thorough and making sure you leave understanding everything and feel comfortable. They also provide me with pre-natals so I never run out!
I pay $60 every visit for my co-pay. My Clomid is around $20 a prescription, my trigger shots are around $105, and my progesterone was around $40. My tests, blood work, lab work has probably totaled close to a few thousand dollars by now.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] overall is very nice looking and very clean! They have baby wipes in each room and each room is very upscale. This “upscale” look can be both bad and good because the cost of all this is so expensive you wonder where the money is going. I do like that I’m in a nice place though. I also like that it’s small and easy to get around.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic overall is very nice looking and very clean! They have baby wipes in each room and each room is very upscale. This “upscale” look can be both bad and good because the cost of all this is so expensive you wonder where the money is going. I do like that I’m in a nice place though. I also like that it’s small and easy to get around.
Dr. Jain has a certain quality about him that allows you to feel comfortable and confident in him. He talks to you with respect and understanding. Nothing you say to him in your consult will surprise him and he is very welcoming, he even made me laugh a little. He does an initial ultrasound at your first appointment (the other clinic did not) where he looks at your follicles and tries to get a overall look at your fertility health, he also ordered blood work to look for all indicators on why I had not gotten pregnant in the past, instead on just pushing another IUI on me like the other clinic did. He is very smart and wants to genuinely help you achieve your goal!!! I just can’t express enough on how wonderful he has made me feel since seeing him. He has a wonderful bedside manner and remembers me each time I see him. I am not just a number to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
All the nurses have been so wonderful and so nice at every appointment. I just got assigned my IVF coordinator and my only complaint from her is that sometimes it’s confusing on when things should be ordered or when medicine should be taken. But she has been very responsive to my emails and questions which is a huge plus!
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain welcomes you with open arms and goes over every detail of your plan with you. We are religious and he was very understanding of how we wanted to proceed after our last IUI failed. He’s so compassionate and takes his time with you in each appointment. I never felt rushed with him ever. He has a certain quality that is just very trusting and his bedside manner could not be better. I have worked with a lot of doctors in my past (being a corpmans in the military) and he is just a stand out from all the rest. He understands his job and how emotional it is for us patients. I had a page of questions I wanted answered and he sat there and answered each one! Just so caring and overall wonderful at his job. Very very gentil as well
Go see him now! It takes about a month to get an initial appointment so I wouldn’t waste any time.
By the time I see him, I had already had 3 IUIs but no work up done on my own body. Dr. Jain told me that after listening to me tell him about my history he believes I probably have endometriosis but we would not be able to tell without surgery and at this point surgery isn’t the answer. He recommended IVF off the bat. With it being so expensive, he said we could try 1 more IUI with his protocol. His clinic looks at the sperm on a more molecular level and he would be able to get a better idea on why I was not getting pregnant. After consult, he did an initial ultrasound where he looked at my existing follicles. Here is where I found out I had a diminished egg reserve. He put me on some over the counter medicine (Cosequin and DHEA) to help with egg quality. He also did blood work to get actual numbers. At the IUI, he told me that my husbands sperm was not where he would like it to be but it’s not terrible. He only recommended 1 IUI and if it failed to consider IVF sooner than later because of my own egg health. We are now in the process of IVF and I feel very confident in him. He sat with me for about an hour and went over every step. We have to do IVF with ICSY because of my low egg count and my husbands motility issues. This is allow more of my eggs to get fertilized than the traditional IVF.
My copay each visit was $30 (I have ok insurance that covers any preliminary fertility). IUI are not covered by my insurance and it was $500, IVF with ICSY is $14,500 and meds for IVF are $6300.
I would like to have more than one embryo put in but because of my age (under 35) it’s recommended only 1 is put in at a time. I trust this is the right step even though I would prefer 2
Westerville

RGI has a few locations making it easy to get to and also to get seen. I was unable to make the availanke times work at my home location for one particular ultrasound, so they offered me aome alternative times at a near by location. But the biggest strength RGI has is that all the doctors there have personallu experienced infertility personally. I believe this has lead to an exceptional standard of care and a really caring approach.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
She is so sweet and genuinely seems like she she is as I vested in getting you pregnant as you are.
I honestly dont find them particularly memorable. But that's not a bad thing, more like you dont notice your car when its running well. They seem like a well oiled machine doing a great job.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is very kind and caring. She layed out a plan A, B and C before we had to make a choice how we wanted to proceed. I felt informed and in control of my care. When I told her we were preparing for more aggressive treatment she literally squealed with excitement for us!
Air you concerns but at the end of the day is my only regret is not taking her recommended course of action right away.
150mg clomid days 3-7. The idea being that more targets would hopefully be easier to hit for my husbands 3% normal semen. Moving onto iui while on my final round of clomid. This was her original recommendation. We dont expect iui to be successful and will move on to IVF in the new year.
So far i have only had a comprehensive work up under her care and 5x cycles of clomid. Most of the diagnostice testing was covered by my insurance but the staff were thorough in checking what i could get covered and what i couldnt. So so far it has been bery affordable
Has not applied to me yet

2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They [Reproductive Gynecology- Westerville] have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses
2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses (in a legible form that wasn't in office codes). The drop off for semen samples is not more than a hallway leading to a window with a couple of chairs to the side and can be awkward if someone's waiting there and another person has to drop off, mainly due to cramped quarters. Some times they over book and can run late, which is not fun on a Monday or Saturday morning when it seems very busy.
I don't feel like a number because I am addressed by name and not my account information. The nurses and doctor are readily available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: In the beginning yes, but not now)
When we started, Betheen took care of the IVF patients and was readily available to answer questions, but she retired. Lately, it’s a small group of nurses who take turns responding, but I do have nurses’ email and doctor’s email and phone.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.
My advice is the same for any fertility doctor, have them explain all procedures and outcomes in detail. Some times I feel like I'm missing bits and pieces of info that would help my understanding of the process.
I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended. We had one full cycle with first donor, but embryos were low quality, transfer was negative, and extra embryos weren't good enough to freeze. Second donor cycle was cancelled before transfer when donor wasn't responding to the drugs as well as hoped. Donors 3-4 were tested, but didn't meet the requirements. Donor 5 was a good candidate, but had to back out due to an injury. Donor 6 was successful in that we got 12 quality embryos to freeze: After a negative test and a miscarriage, we did PGS testing. 7 of 10 embryos tested were abnormal. Had two transfers of “normal” embryos which ended in chemical pregnancy and a misacarriage. During the first donor egg cycle I was synced to donor, so I had prenatal vitamins and folbic tablet, birth control pills, then lupron, estrogen, and eventually progesterone shots. There were some meds taken around time of transfer, such as antibiotics as prep. This current cycle I am not syncing to the donor's cycle, so there is no lupron, but the rest of the meds are pretty similar, except this time I have an additional thyroid med due to low TSH. Because of recurrent miscarriage was tested for clotting issues, but none found.
This is an estimate... about $22k total for a cycle: donor drugs, egg retrieval, embryology, and transfer (no freezing). Freezing embryos for my second cycle was $1k extra. Donor drugs are around $3-3500 of that $22k. My drug costs have ranged from $500-750 per cycle and not part of the $22k. IUIs were $500 and extra for the drugs (clomid was ~$25, can't remember how much follistim and HcG chot were).
I prefer single transfer. The last four transfers have been singles. For the last attempt, due to low quality of embryos, two were transferred, but that didn't work.
Westerville

The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.... Not sure how I feel about this yet, but our nurse prefers to communicate via email instead of phone....
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.
When Dr. Jain entered the office he didn't introduce himself or shake our hands. He spent about 30 minutes talking to us about our previous experience with failed fertility treatments, which made me cry at points, and he failed to show any empathy or even offer tissue.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems. Dr. Jain spoke off the cuff, which again, I appreciated because my previous RE was *very* reheared. After speaking with Dr. Jain in his office, he suggested we move to a procedure room in order to perform an AFC. I was grateful for this because after treatment with my previous RE, an AFC had never been performed at baseline. The bad: Dr. Jain spent a good time blaming my previous RE, calling his techniques antiquated and completely based on a handful of old case studies. The ugly: Dr. Jain's bluntness often borders on rudeness. He was generally unpleasant and didn't introduce himself or shake our hands upon meeting or finishing our appointment.
Prepare yourself for a RE who lacks bedside manner.
I'm currently under the agonist protocol, priming with a short cycle of birth control.
$7,600 with embryo freezing.
Dr. Jain said that we could decide if we wanted him to transfer 1-2 embryos.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
They provide quick responses over the phone to schedule appointments and have worked well with us to help educate us on giving an HCG trigger shot at home, as well as the timing of the IUI...I pay $200 for every ultrasound, $125 for a trigger shot and $500 for an IUI...The waiting area is very nice. I appreciate that they have someone on staff to draw blood work instead of having to travel elsewhere. They also have a lab onsite for sperm analysis and preparations for an IUI. The exam rooms are always clean and prepared for my appointment.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Jain definitely is definitely determined to help us achieve pregnancy. But at every appointment we usually have to remind him of our history and what we've already been through.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has been great at determining a plan of action to help us achieve our dream of having a baby. He is always willing to answer any questions we have. He is somewhat blunt with his responses but as a woman going through infertility I prefer this, instead of having my hopes up every cycle and then being destroyed if the treatment isn't successful.
Be prepared for him to give it to you straight. He won't sugar coat his reponses about your condition.
We used clomid and ultrasound monitoring for our cycles. We used ultrasound monitoring to observe the follicles as they were approaching ovulation. I only have one fallopian tube so if I had follicles on the good side we were able to use ultrasound to observe them and prepare for an IUI. If they we're not on the good side then he would advise to have timed intercourse at home.
I do not have insurance that covers fertility treatments so I pay $200 for every ultrasound, $125 for a trigger shot and $500 for an IUI.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Strength [at Reproductive Gynecology]: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation...I had an HSG completed by Dr. Nash. After, he had told me "everything is good" I responded, "the tubes are open?" "yes". I was elated, however, the next day I had gotten a call that I needed surgery because of a hydrosalpinx that needed to be removed and the doctor may remove both tubes. I was then devastated.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strength: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation. Example: me "so once the embryo is transferred there wouldn't be any issues with it implanting and me carrying a baby right?" "no, of course not, your problem is the ovaries, not the uterus:- Dr. M. I did not anticipate that the transfer would be unsuccessful because of "egg quality" due to "major damage" from endometritis and 2 surgeries that had taken place 6 months prior.
She talked to us like people, however, did not explain as much as I had wished she did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Michelle and Emily were excellent. Quick to return a phone call and took the time needed to demonstrate and explain everything.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is a very sweet person, however, I believe that she gave us a sort of false hope as to the likelihood of getting pregnant. I have been a patient since early 2017 and have continued into 2018 as we are now looking into additional options of trying to conceive.
To ask as many questions as possible, it is the doctor's duty to inform you of every possibility and/or outcome.
IVF cycle after a tube removal and removal of "sever" endometriosis. Injections produced 5 egg, 1 embryo from there. Frozen transfer. In preparation of the transfer, the uterine lining was not thickening tried estrogen and progesterone in oil. Did not work. Then we tried it "naturally" result was that the lining thickened up and completed a transfer.
IVF cost to the doctor alone was about $12,000.00
None. I am under 35 so a transfer of 1 embryo made sense.

2013 - 2018
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a very warm welcoming feel when you come in the front door! Everyone one is so nice that you meet and really gets to know you and remembers you when you come back each time no matter how much time has passed since your last appointment! The only thing I would say is parking sometimes does get full but there is always a parking space even though it’s packed sometimes!! They also give you parking tokens so never worry about paying for parking!
I love that we got to meet such a caring, down to earth, very passionate and honest doctor! She goes out of her way to make sure everything is being done that’s possible to do for her patients! She makes us feel very confident after every appointment that we understood anything we might of not understood or had questions about! If anyone has any doubts about fertility doctors please do not doubt this doctor she’s amazing in every way that you want your fertility doctor to be amazing at! The nurses in the clinic are so welcoming and always happy to see you and your journey no matter the outcome! Everyone goes above and beyond in the office and I could not be more happy that we found this clinic of nurses and our doctor! This journey has been hard on us but they all have made it much easier and more calm for us! I hope that more patients will choose this doctor and office to continue on their fertility journey with because it was the best decision we made in our journey!!
The nursing staff is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
This doctor is very passionate about her job and her patients! I could not ask for a better doctor! She’s amazing and the best at what she does!
When we first found out about my husbands low sperm count it was during our iui treatment. The doctor was very understand on us still wanting to continue to ivf instead of doing more iui treatments that would not result in a pregnancy at all because of his low sperm counts. She was and has been very helpful during this entire journey!
We did not have insurance to pay for any of our journey while undergoing fertility treatments so we paid mostly out of pocket!
For my age we discussed only doing one embryo which I was perfectly fine with!

Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment.... One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment. They give you detailed information about scheduling tests(ex. semen analysis) so you know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.
He was personable and took time to talk with us and answer our questions.
They are very friendly and personable. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable even in uncomfortable situations.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need. One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
Schedule appointments on days that you have a lot of time.
The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months. My husband was treated for 3 months with Clomid to raise testosterone levels which did rise after one month and are waiting the results of the 3 month semen analysis. We will go back for further treatment after those results come back.
Each appointment was $120 which we paid $40 copay. Each semen analysis was $200 out of pocket. My endometriosis surgery was over $8,000(about 80% was covered by insurance). My husband's Clomid prescription was about $10 a month.

2008 - 2018
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is well staff with nurses and doctors who are very informational. The office is clean and has private rooms for your family. They are located within a hospital which gives the convenience of blood work and other test because you don't have to walk very far. One thing that they can work to improve is patient wait time. I have waited for up to 45 minutes just to be seen due to overbooking.... I greatly appreciated that the nursing staff
2008 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is well staff with nurses and doctors who are very informational. The office is clean and has private rooms for your family. They are located within a hospital which gives the convenience of blood work and other test because you don't have to walk very far. One thing that they can work to improve is patient wait time. I have waited for up to 45 minutes just to be seen due to overbooking.
Dr. Nash and his team has always greeted my husband and I by name rather than just another appointment. Throughout my visits with Dr. Nash I always have appreciated that he was able to tell me straight forward the good news also bad. As a doctor he makes it a point to form a relationship with his patients by showing compassion during the times when we need it the most.
I greatly appreciated that the nursing staff always operated in privacy from the financial aspect to our actual go forward plan. Dealing with infertility can be embarrassing if you are still learning the entirety of its nature and how to accept it. They were always compassionate and positive after each appointment.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash is a wonderful and caring doctor. He always greets you by name and with a smile on his face. Every appointment he wants to make sure that we are still on track with trying to have a baby. At the end of every appointment we always go over the next steps and he always ask if I don't understand anything. What I like most about him is that he genuinely cares for his patients by volunteering his personal time in different community events to raise money for IVF.
One piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is to never go into his office with a perceived notion. In many appointments I went into his office with a negative mindset that he wouldn't be able to help me but to my surprise he always had different options. Whether is be a different form of medication or a surgery that he was able to perform, either way I always left satisfied.
I have had 3 different surgeries with doctor Nash dealing with my tubal blockage totaling around $20,000. My current plan for IVF is $8,000 and medications $3,000-$7,000. My insurance doesn't cover any of that.
Akron

Strengths are it’s visually pleasant; always spotless, smells good in the waiting room, front desk staff is always smiling an friendly and remember my name each time I come in. ... Even the embryoologists and lab tech are so friendly. ... They rooms are always spotless, bathrooms are impeccable. Nice bright lighting, location is easily accessible. ... It is a very busy clinic, yet always maintains is professional standards to give the patients the best.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths are it’s visually pleasant; always spotless, smells good in the waiting room, front desk staff is always smiling an friendly and remember my name each time I come in. They rooms are always spotless, bathrooms are impeccable. Nice bright lighting, location is easily accessible. No cons to be honest. It’s the nicest clinic I’ve been to, and it is always a pleasant experience. It is a very busy clinic, yet always maintains is professional standards to give the patients the best. Even the embryoologists and lab tech are so friendly.
Dr. Jain is the first doctor to give me hope. On our first consult, he reviewed my file and explained to me why IVF CAN work for us. He was realistic about our expectations given my age and my physiological history, but he was encouraging, positive, and hopeful. At that point, that was all we needed. And all along this process, he has been so involved I couldn’t be more grateful for his support and the warmth from his staff as well.
Caring, and very prompt and consistent with communication. They are all so friendly and engaging, and very compassionate. One nurse even came by to my house to help give me IM progesterone shots when my husband was out of town. They are all incredible, I love them all. It is a reflection of Dr. Jain that he has chosen such a warm, empathetic and compassionate staff to work with his patients.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a warm, compassionate and vibrant doctor. He sees the positive of every situation, and really pushes for the best possible outcome regardless of the potential time investment involved. His decisions are always based on what will get us to our goal most successfully, with the least amount of hardship on our behalf. I have never had a doctor who provided as much face-to-face interaction, which during the stages of IVF is so incredibly comforting. Dr. Jain’s expertise is evident from the first meeting; I remember feeling intense relief and rekindled hope after my very first consult with him. I am sure I am not the only patient whom he has made feel like they can have faith again, and restored our belief in that one day we can in fact have our dreams come true.
Trust the process, and believe in him. He’ll do everything he can to make your dreams come true.
antagonist protocol with hmg and fsh with preimplantation genetic screening
eSET was the only option given
Westerville
The clinic [Reproductive Gynocology] is new, clean and has everything you need (lab, "surgery room", ultrasound machines). The only weakness is that sometimes Dr Jain runs late... $1,700 - medications $11,000 - LAB and PGS (out of network) I am not sure about the in network portion (Dr visit, ultrasounds, bloodwrodk etc) because this was covered by my insurance... I wanted to transfer only one embryo and Dr Jain was aligned with that approach.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is new, clean and has everything you need (lab, "surgery room", ultrasound machines). The only weakness is that sometimes Dr Jain runs late....
Dr Jain was very straightforward and honest with me since the first consultation. He knew exactly what he was doing and everything about my case. This gave me a lot of confidence during the process He wanted to understand the reason why I was not getting pregnant and work on a customized plan for me. The first time I went through IVF with another doctor he did not even test me for egg quality or reserve since he assumed that this was not my issue because of my age
Megan was great, very responsive.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would strongly recommend Dr Jain for anyone in the area suffering from infertility. He sets real expectations, treats you like a human being and does everything he can to achieve a positive outcome.
Trust that Dr Jain will take care of you and do everything that is possible to achieve a positive outcome. He is brutally honest and sometimes can "scare" you with all risks and possibilities, but he is the best.
I think I've used the antagonist protocol with Menopur, Gonal F and Cetroide. My trigger shot was with Lupron. Dr Jain wanted me in the maximum dosage of medication since I have DOR and I ended up having 10 eggs.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
RGI is a great clinic. State of the art facility with in house surgical suite and embryology lab. The embryologist are fantastic. The girl who draws blood is incredible. The only weakness is communication and organization at times. But I would recommend them to anyone!... Nothing has gone wrong, just having to reach out for more information due to poor communication at times. This is with 1 nurse only. Fortunately, Dr Jain is easily accessible 24/7 via his cell phone
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr Jain is very attentive and treats every patient differently. He even texts me on evening/weekends to check in on me and answer any questions I have.
Many of the nurses are great! There is one nurse who is very disorganized with poor communication, but still worth going there.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Jain is a very busy guy. But he makes time to answer questions, talk to you on the phone and/or text you. He is very good at what he does. Although we have not had a baby yet, I feel like he will not give up.
Be patient but know that Dr Jain is great.
We did 3 IUIs with letrozole. We did an egg retrieval with Menopur and Follustim. We did this twice. Our first egg retrieval we PGS tested our embryos and had 2 chromosomally normal embryos. We transferred one successfully as a frozen 5 Day embryo but lost the heart beat for unknown reasons at 10 weeks. I had to have a d&c and then a second d&c 6 weeks later for retained fetal tissue. Due to only having 1 PGS normal embryo remaining, we finally had another egg retrieval using the same protocol. This was delayed several months due to lining not thick enough, fluid in my uterus, etc. Our 2nd retrieval we got 3 normal PGS embryos leaving us with 4 total. For my first (somewhat successsful FET) we used estradiol. My subsequent FETs, my lining wasn’t thick enough with estradiol. We did 2 FETs with Tamoxifen. Lining was decent but both chemical pregnancies. This last FET we used Letrozole. Awaiting my beta tomorrow!
$500 per IUI. About $18,000-$20,000 per IVF cycle, including the cost of meds. Plus some costs for routine appointments, d&cs etc. We have probably spent about $45,000 over the last year and a half.
I am 34. He will only transfer 1 embryo for me. Trust me, I’ve tried to get him to transfer 2

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
The nurses [at Reproductive Gynecology] are great! At times the communication could have been better but I ALWAYS got a quick call back and response from them when needed. They are all so caring and make you feel like you’re a real human and want the best for you...IUI- $500.00...Well during this time we found out I was pregnant (with my third pregnancy). Dr. Jain did not wait and did an ultrasound immediately and discovered it was an ectopic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths- always find one for your appointments. They also have an amazing lab staff that is quick. Weakness- getting ahold of the front fest can be difficult at times. I wish they had longer Friday hours.
Dr. Jain has gone above and beyond for me. My story is long but shows just how much Dr. Jain cares about his patients. I unfortunately experienced a very scary time while in his care. We had done an IUI which was unsuccessful and we’re told to take a break while we completed more genetic testing. I was found to be a carrier of spinal muscular atrophy and we needed to have my husband tested. Fortunately he was not a carrier and we were told we could try another round on IUI (6th total, 2nd with Dr. Jain) after another cycle since I would be out of the country for my next cycle. Well during this time we found out I was pregnant (with my third pregnancy). Dr. Jain did not wait and did an ultrasound immediately and discovered it was an ectopic. He treated it aggressively per my request but my ectopic continued to grow. Dr. Jain checked in on me via texting almost daily (even when he was out of town spending time with his family). I ended up in the ER one night thinking my tube had ruptured. Dr. Jain stayed on the phone with me till 11pm and called the ER doctor on call to make sure he was following the best plan of care and was trying to find childcare so he could rush to the hospital if I needed him. I fortunately did not need surgery but Dr. Jain called me the next morning To check in. He is amazing and made me feel at ease during a very scary time. We’ve discussed my options and both feel that IVF is the safest option for me at this point. I know we have sometime to wait for financial reasons but I would not have anyone else on my team for the next part of our journey! I feel very lucky to be under his care.
The nurses are great! At times the communication could have been better but I ALWAYS got a quick call back and response from them when needed. They are all so caring and make you feel like you’re a real human and want the best for you.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has a dry sense of humor and can be very blunt. I appreciate this in a doctor but can understand how it may come off to others. Dr. Jain May check his phone during an appointment with you but after being on the other side of things, as a patient who needed his immediate attention, I can respect that and know that he is listening and making sure ALL of his patients are taken care of.
Clovis and IUI- I responded very well to both. Although I have experienced miscarriages I specifically asked to continue with IUI for a few more cycles Methotrexate- to treat my ectopic pregnancy. I wanted to avoid surgery and the loss of my tube at all costs.
IUI- $500.00
Not sure yet- will learn more in the next few weeks.
Westerville

If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics [rom Reproductive Gynecology] because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would want a new patient to know that it is very difficult to get an actual Person on the phone. Be prepared to leave messages and wait by your phone for a call back. It would also be stellar to know up front about any costs that you will need to pay for up front so you come prepared, and don’t have to scramble. If the office was more organized and communicated better I think this would be a much less stressful experience.
It doesn’t matter how busy dr Mooney is it if he comes in late for a consult, when you’re in the room with him you have his undivided attention. You are the most important thing in that moment. He’s great for a pep talk after a negative cycle, as well.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I am so thankful we found dr Mooney. We always felt taken care of and like he truly cared about us succeeding at starting a family. There were a few appointments I felt confused when I left and had to call back in the office to clarify medication or when to start it, etc. but over all our experience with Dr. Mooney has been fantastic.
He tells it like it is so you have to be okay with a blunt doctor.
Our very firsy protocol was trying clomid + trigger shot. We thought I just needed to ovulate and we’d be pregnant but I started my period before the two week wait was up so the next cycle we did clomid + trigger shot + progesterone. This cycle failed as well so we scheduled the next cycle the same way but also made an appt for a consult to discuss the next step for us. Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working. So, we had a consult and decided to try IUI with cycles 4-6 and then starting with cycle 7, move on to IVF if I’m not pregnant yet. He wasn’t necessarily confident in the IUI working because we have no make factor and my only Issue is low egg count. But with insurance requirements, I had to complete 6 cycles before moving into something else so the idea was, “why not?” We had nothing to lose. We switched to letrozole + trigger + IUI + progesterone. We are currently on cycle 5 in total, the second IUI cycle. If this cycle doesn’t work, we will do one more and move on to IVF.
Each IUI cycle is roughly $1200 for us WITH insurance. We’ve spent roughly 10-12 thousand between all the diagnostic procedures, ultrasounds, and cycles.
Akron

The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is amazing! You get in fast, get out in a timely manner, and everything is handled professionally. I love everyone at this clinic! From the ladies at the front desk, to the nurses, doctors and financial advisor, everyone here is amazing and super helpful!... Michelle [a nurse] is amazing! She is there for you when needed, even if you feel like you are just calling to have a “dumb question” answered. She’s always there to help and returns your calls promptly. She makes you feel like part of her family!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is amazing! You get in fast, get out in a timely manner, and everything is handled professionally. I love everyone at this clinic! From the ladies at the front desk, to the nurses, doctors and financial advisor, everyone here is amazing and super helpful!
Every time I enter the office, I am greeted with a smile! My appointment is very professional but Priya also makes me feel like she’s interested in my life other than jus my infertility. She makes it easy to talk to her and feel comfortable!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Atkins)
Michelle is amazing! She is there for you when needed, even if you feel like you are just calling to have a “dumb question” answered. She’s always there to help and returns your calls promptly. She makes you feel like part of her family!
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I love having Priya as my doctor! She’s kind, but also blunt about the next steps that need to be taken. She is very knowledgeable and will take all the right steps to help you along the journey of infertility.
Just be sure you ask all the questions you would like to have answered. That’s what they are there for and they are more than happy to rid you of any confusion and help you to become more comfortable with this process!
I was diagnosed with PCOS. She did an ultrasound and blood work to confirm it. I then had an endometrial biopsy done to determine if I had what’s called “hyperplasia”. It was determined I had “simple hyperplasia” which is where my cells crowded together and became abnormal. Because of this, Priya put me on “Megace” for 3 months to get my cells back to normal. She also put me on Merformin to help with my PCOS. I had to return and get another biopsy done to make sure my cells were normal (which they were!). I was then told we could begin the fertility treatment process, and we are now starting the process of IVF!
The only major costs were the cost of the IVF cycle, and the blood work. This is only because my insurance is not the greatest and did not cover much on the blood work aspect. My husbands insurance covered a lot of the IVF cycle!
We have not gotten to this point yet.
Akron

The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] has multiple locations and extended hours including weekends so it is easy to get in at a time that works best for you. They were seemingly always running slightly behind, especially with afternoon appointments I would occasionally not go back until almost an hour after my appointment time. They also were not very sensitive when it comes to payment and they would not offer a payment plan when my insurance did not cover and I had to self pay. They did offer a self pay “discount” but every appointment cost at least $200 and I had them about once a week so it was very expensive and they didn’t seem to care or offer any alternatives.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has multiple locations and extended hours including weekends so it is easy to get in at a time that works best for you. They were seemingly always running slightly behind, especially with afternoon appointments I would occasionally not go back until almost an hour after my appointment time. They also were not very sensitive when it comes to payment and they would not offer a payment plan when my insurance did not cover and I had to self pay. They did offer a self pay “discount” but every appointment cost at least $200 and I had them about once a week so it was very expensive and they didn’t seem to care or offer any alternatives.
He always greeted me by name, and took time to explain things and answer my questions.
The nursing staff was great, very friendly and sensitive to what I was going through. They were always willing to offer a smile or a hug, whatever I needed and I always felt like I was talking to friends when interacting with them.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
When I first met with Dr. Mooney for the consultation I immediately liked and felt at ease with him. He was knowledgeable and professional, but could also be a “regular guy” and help you relax and feel more at ease. He does have a tendency to try and lighten the mood which I enjoyed but someone else might not. He was always willing to answer my questions, I had a lot. He would also listen to my requests for my treatment and explain why he would agree or disagree but in the end he let me have the final say which I really appreciated. I felt heard and treated with respect. The only “negative” I can say is that he can come off as slightly “cocky” sometimes, but overall I don’t think that’s too much of a bad thing because I want my doctor to be confident in his abilities.
Speak up when you have questions or concerns, and be prepared for a lot of emotions.
I started off using clomid (50) and dexamethasone to stimulate ovulation and lower testosterone, respectively. That was unsuccessful so I moved on to clomid 100 and produced one follicle and used the “trigger shot” that I can’t remember the name of. That cycle was unsuccessful so we started again at 100, no results, moved up to 150 and actually missed ovulation by the time I went for the mid cycle ultrasound so that cycle was essentially a bust. Next tried 150 clomid again, no results so we moved on to letrozole and still continued the dexamethasone. The first cycle was unsuccessful but we repeated the same dosage and had two follicles form, used the trigger shot again and I requested to use IUI at that time. We ended up with a negative test and have not returned since.
Each ultrasound visit was $200 for self pay. IUI was $500. Semen analysis was around $150. Clomid, and letrozole costs were quite small. The ovidrel shot was approximately $100 but I had a “compassion care” discount through the pharmacy.
Akron

The Canton clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is very small. They tend to be incredibly busy. It is common for the waiting room to be full. It is also common to experience delays for appointments and be seen past your appointment time. The clinic is very clean, tastefully decorates and comfortable.... All of the nurses that I interacted with were compassionate and efficient. They answered questions, reiterated processes, next steps and instructions well. When I went through my miscarriage they were so kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The Canton clinic is very small. They tend to be incredibly busy. It is common for the waiting room to be full. It is also common to experience delays for appointments and be seen past your appointment time. The clinic is very clean, tastefully decorates and comfortable.
He always took the time to listen & talk through concerns. His staff was friendly, courteous and caring. He has a great sense of humor and is very down to earth. He always talked to me about my work and joked around with me.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney walked me through my options, the process and pros/cons openly and clearly. He listened to my concerns and frustrations. Upon bour coming pregnant, I was very scared I would miscarriage again. He offered to see me for a weekly check to ease my fears and help me feel more comfortable. After 3 weeks of weekly visits, my fears started to ease and I was able to go to visits every two weeks without having great anxiety. I have recommended Dr. Mooney to three friends.
He is very blunt and straight forward so if that is not the type of doctor you work well with he may not be the one for you. But, he will make an emotional and oftentimes taxing process as comfortable as it can be.
All of my cycles were done via IUI. All but one cycle was done using Clomid. Clomid was recommended as an option bto cause it would help to regulate my cycle to better predict ovulation. We reviewed the risks of using Clomid in great detail. One cycle was done using injectibles. That was after several attempts with Clomid and my body starting to see the beginning of some adverse side effects. Ultimately, I returned to more cycles with Clomid after taking a year break from trying. All cycles used donor sperm as a single woman attempting pregnancy. My 3rd cycle (IUI with Clomid) resulted in an early miscarriage. My last cycle (IUI with Clomid) resulted in my son.
Approximately, $500-$550 for the IUI treatment and $35 fee for donor sperm thawing. The rest of my costs were covered by insurance so I’m not sure of the total expenses.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
This is a large clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] with multiple great doctors on board. It is often crowded but the privacy is always well preserved. The location pretty nice and the ambiance is relaxing, but the machine are little old. The prices are pleasantly very affordable as compared to other clinics. Plus one can pay in installments if need be...Michelle and the rest of the team were responsive, very efficient, helpful in addition to staying compassionate and cheerful constantly. Furthermore, it happened that we moved out of state just before the transfer and had to travel back to Akron only for the transfer. Michelle perfectly coordinated the process with the monitoring clinic
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is a large clinic with multiple great doctors on board. It is often crowded but the privacy is always well preserved. The location pretty nice and the ambiance is relaxing, but the machine are little old. The prices are pleasantly very affordable as compared to other clinics. Plus one can pay in installments if need be.
Dr. Maseelall was very kind with her words and actions. However, she was constantly in rush because she’d been very busy and more than half of times she was with trainees
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Adkins)
For almost a year, we’ve had only two not so happy instances with Michelle when she insisted not to give us the dosage of the medications (we we’re paying out of pocket and we wanted to save on medications through a different pharmacy) but when she understood the issue she was so helpful. Then it seemed we were not enrolled for the first cycle, but this was a small miscommunication between the team (then we got the famous blue file). Other than these two instances, Michelle and the rest of the team were responsive, very efficient, helpful in addition to staying compassionate and cheerful constantly. Furthermore, it happened that we moved out of state just before the transfer and had to travel back to Akron only for the transfer. Michelle perfectly coordinated the process with the monitoring clinic even through the hard time of my first ectopic pregnancy of unknown location that ended with methotrexate injections. Also, we again moved to a third state, and Michelle again perfectly coordinated our embryos shipment and medical files transfer to the new clinic.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
We went for Dr. Maseelall on the recommendation of my OB/GYN. On the first visit, Dr. Maseelall was very compassionate, explained all the options for us and recommended to go directly to IVF (we thank her for that). Furthermore, after egg retrieval, she canceled our fresh cycle as she found that my lining was not ready yet (and we thank her for that courageous decision, too). However, she was more focused on the IVF than on the my health. For instance, she diagnosed me with PCOS but never prescribed medications for it. She diagnosed me with «kissing ovaries» as it was always very hard to see my right ovary. However, during egg retrieval she said that she wasn’t interested to look for my right ovary since we had enough eggs from the left ovary. Finally, she never shared her email address with us.
Do your own research (if you’re already here it means you’re doing great job researching) and ask her as many questions as you can. Ask for your hormone levels —they won’t give it for you if you don’t ask. Ask what does everything mean during an ultrasound session. Don’t settle with a general «every thing is good». Ask what does it mean to have PCOS and how to treat it? Ask when are you allowed to have sex with your partner? Ask if you can pay in installments (our insurance didn’t cover so we’ve done that)
Very very affordable as compared to other clinics: $200 for ultrasound, $5000 for retrieval, $1500 transfer, $150 embryo strorage
Akron

Michelle is the nurse coordinator for IVF [at Reproductive Gynecology] and she is fantastic! Always compassionate and knowledgeable and somehow could make me laugh even when things were hard...Things move well in the clinic. I never waited for my appointment more than 15 minutes. I think the check in/our procedure is as easy as possible. They are dealing with some vulnerable and potentially embarrassing issues and everything is handled very professionally.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I felt like things were explained to me in a complete manner. Things always moved quickly so I could see some people feeling rushed, but I appreciated things being on time. It made me feel like my time was valuable.
Michelle is the nurse coordinator for IVF and she is fantastic! Always compassionate and knowledgeable and somehow could make me laugh even when things were hard.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash is incredibly professional and explains things in a way that is understandable. I always left the office feeling like I new what the next step was. Things moved very quickly, which I appreciated. I could see how some people might feel rushed, but I always felt like my time was valuable and my questions were answered. Dr. Nash is obviously knowledgeable and didn’t sugar coat things. There were times when he could come across as a little blunt, but I like candor. I liked knowing where I stood, whether that was difficult or not.
Trust him. He’s great at what he does.
We started off using clomid combined with IUI as I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. After two cycles it became apparent that male infertility was also a factor, so we moved on to IVF with ICSI. I don’t remember specific does for the retreaval, but I know that I was on a high dose of (gonal?) to stimulate my ovaries. They retrieved 14 eggs. 12 were mature. 10 fertilized normally and 5 made it to the day 5 embryo stage. I ended up being a “freeze all” because my progesterone levels spiked too early. I did one frozen transfer that resulted in a negative test. That started with birth control then estrogen and Lupron, then progesterone. My ueterine lining was not thickening as needed at first so the upped my estrogen and also had me take estrogen vaginally instead of orally. That worked. But the transfer didn’t. I immediately began a second transfer cycle following the same protocol (estrogen inserted vagunally) and I conceived on that second transfer. I was on progesterone injections for the first trimester and was then transferred to the care of my OBGYN.
I think IUI was $400. IVF retreaval with ICSI was $9000 I think. A frozen embryo transfer with all ultrasounds/appts was $3500. Those costs did not include meds. I know meds run several thousands. I don’t know exacly what I paid as I had some insurance coverage.
I was under 35 so he strongly cautioned against multiple embryo transfers.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Michelle and Emily [nurses at Reproductive Gynecology] are amazing. I was given their personal cell number to call if I had and concerns or complications. They were thorough, caring, direct, friendly, and excellent communicators. They made sure to teach my husband and myself on how to use the medicine. They knew who I was each time I came to my appointment. That added to the feeling of being seen as a person not a number.
Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This clinic was the best out of 3 that I had consults at. The clinic is clean and comfortable. The staff is caring, personable, and great at communicating with you. The physician staff is patient and thorough with you as well as your treatment. All positives and strengths considering what I experienced elsewhere.
I felt like a human with my doctor because she took the time to know us and asked questions. She was always available to meet and discuss everything we were going through. Her disposition is amazing, warm, caring, and family oriented.
Michelle and Emily are amazing. I was given their personal cell number to call if I had and concerns or complications. They were thorough, caring, direct, friendly, and excellent communicators. They made sure to teach my husband and myself on how to use the medicine. They knew who I was each time I came to my appointment. That added to the feeling of being seen as a person not a number.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is the best physician for IVF and our journey. She is so hands on and patient with you. She may run late for the next patient but that is due to her making sure you are feeling ok with everything before she ends your appointment. I truly appreciate that because IVF is scary and can be overwhelming. Dr Maseelall has great compassion and care for each phase of the process. Even when we found out that there was a fibroid over one of my ovaries, she made sure that let me know all that could and would be done to ensure our (eggs and me) safety. I will continue with her until we have a baby.
I would tell any prospective patient to be patient at your appointment. She may run over and be a little late with your appointment but it's because she provides individual focus on you. Other than that, you will be comfortable and at ease with everything and everyone.
The treatment strategy that was used was IVF with ICSI. My husband had to go through a procedure called PESA due to not being able to release sperm. Due to that IVF with ICSI was the best and only option. I had to undergo surgery to remove fibroids before beginning the cycle of medicine. This was done because the best implantation place was where the fibroids were. Due to my age, 37, the protocol was semi aggressive to make sure I would get enough eggs that were healthy. I was prescribed injectable cetrotide, gonal-f, low dose hCG, novarel, and progesterone in oil. Also the hormones that I was taking could make the fibroids grow. My ovaries did respond to the treatment but not as well as we wanted. I was producing eggs but the were not maturing as fast as we wanted. In addition when it became time to retrieve my eggs there was a fibroid over the left ovary that made retrieval hard. The eggs we're compromised by trying to go through the fibroid, so no eggs were taking from that ovary. We only obtained one mature egg to fertilize. They used my husband's sperm that was collected through the PESA procedure to fertilize the egg. We had the 3day embryo transferred and waited. When it came time to have a pregnancy test and sonogram, we had learned that I had miscarried. Sadly since we only had one egg, we have to repeat the process all over again.
The financial cost was a little over $10,000 for one IVF cycle. That did not include the $3000-4000 in medication costs.
I did have questions about single vs multiple transfer in the beginning. But for the safety of both baby and mother, I see that single transfer is best in some cases. In my case, single was best.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
IUI done with 2 inseminatins costs $750, hcg trigger is about $95. Most appointments are a $10 co-pay. IVF with ICSI is $10,000 ( does not include medications). Embryo freezing is $1,000 per year, less if there are 10 or more embryos. PGS is going to be $4,000...There aren't many options in the area for fertility clinics, but I don't have anything negative to say about anyone. Some days you might have to wait in the lobby or an exam room for a while before your doctor can see you. It's a very clean, warm atmosphere. I didn't have to wait very long to get an initial appointment
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
He is very matter of fact and does not sugar coat things. I do not mind this care, I find it important that my doctor is honest. He also works very quickly, again, this is not a bad thing. That said, he has always been very kind and friendly and has an excellent bedside manner. I have only left RGI feeling dejected after confirming non-viable pregnancies. Most of the time, I feel a little more optimistic that they can help.
They're all very kind and efficient. Very organized and compassionate.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He works quickly, is usually early and does all procedures himself. He is very matter of fact and will answer your questions in a way that is easy to understand. He doesn't go into extreme detail about everything, but I also trust his judgment so I don't find that a problem. He is very kind and polite, but do not expect much small talk-no time is wasted under his care. A slight negative is that he often has students shadowing him, which may be uncomfortable for some people. It's never bothered me much and I haven't found them to be inappropriate, but it might put some people off.
Don't expect him to sugar coat anything, he'll tell you everything like it is. But he'll also answer your questions and explain anything you're unsure of.
Several saline sonograms to look for uterine abnormalities, retained tissue or scarring, surgery to remove polyps and a septum and to explore the uterus and Fallopian tubes. 3 IUI cycles with clomid and a trigger shot, 1 miscarried natural pregnancy, IVF retrieval with Gonal F, Menopur and cetrotide. Cycle was switched to a freeze all after progesterone came back a little high during stims. 2 embryos out of 7 made it to Day 5 freeze quality. Lupron and estrogen to prepare for transfer with progesterone injections before and after transfer and during pregnancy while it lasted. The IVF pregnancy was non-viable and am currently waiting for recurrent miscarriage blood test results before starting another IVF cycle. This time is another Freeze all but with PGS.
Dr. Nash strongly felt that a single embryo transfer was better for mine and a potential baby's health as multiples come with higher risk.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Always be prepared to wait [at Reproductive Gyn]...They're great with giving specific details on what you need to do or what you can expect and everyone is always extremely compassionate and friendly, from the nurses to the receptionist staff to the embryologists...[Nurse] Betheen is fantastic. All of the nurses are very accessible via email and I love that...IVF is $8000. ICSI is $1500. PGS testing is $4500. Embryo freezing is $1000. IUIs are $500...
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Always be prepared to wait. We've waited as little as 5 minutes or as long as 45. It just depends on how many people they are seeing at the same time. They're great with giving specific details on what you need to do or what you can expect and everyone is always extremely compassionate and friendly, from the nurses to the receptionist staff to the embryologists.
I did some IUIs and medicated timed intercourse cycled with him and during that time I felt like a number. I couldn't get answers to the questions that I had. However, when I went through the IVF process with him I felt like he put much more energy and care into my treatment plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen Strewing)
Betheen is fantastic. All of the nurses are very accessible via email and I love that. The one complaint that I have is that Betheen saw me through the first cycle, but then after that I was assigned to a new nurse (Angela- who I also liked) and then the next cycle, I was given a nurse that I had never met. I don't even know her name. She seemed new and not extremely knowledgeable yet. I have continued to email Angela if I have questions.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He has wonderful bedside manner and is so kind. However, sometimes I feel like he sugarcoats things a little too much in order to make me feel like things are going to work out. There are times when I wish he would just be blunt about my chances so I can set my expectations. He is always willing to answer all of my questions, but I sometimes feel bad keeping him because he seems so busy.
Ask questions. Do a lot of research and be prepared with a list of questions at each visit. He won't dig incredibly deep about certain situations (i.e. short cycles or endometriosis concerns) unless you ask him to.
IUI and timed intercourse cycles were done with Letrozole or Clomid and an HCG trigger shot. IVF was an antagonist protocol- birth control, Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, an HCG trigger shot, then progesterone in oil and Estrace leading up to a fresh transfer. My first attempt at a frozen transfer (it was cancelled due to lack of lining thickness) was done with Letrozole. The next frozen transfer he prescribed Tamoxifen to help build my lining, then an HCG trigger shot, progesterone in oil, and Estrace. I am currently in the two week wait after that FET. I have had all negative results up until now- no pregnancies. Tamoxifen did help to build my lining substantially.
Yes- because of my age and our unexplained infertility diagnosis, he strongly suggested transferring only one.

2014 - 2017
The canton office is usually behind on seeing patients so be prepared to wait a while. Overall its worth it.... The staff is very nice but they do not seem personable. They never really remember you which I think patients would feel more comfortable if they did.... Clomid was usually under $100 which my insurance did not cover. I also had the injection to help release my egg which was another $100 each month. IUI its self was around $700. All of which needs to paid up front.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Mooney has always been very to the point with my husband and I . I however never felt like he was just trying to make money. I felt like he actually cared about us and wanted us to become parents. We had stopped trying for a while in 2015 after my mom passed away and we actually got pregnant on our own. It ended in miscarriage which I had to go to the ER for. Dr. Mooney was sadden by this and he almost had tears in his eyes.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney is very to the point with you. He tells you the plan of action and makes sure you and your partner are ok with it. He might run late almost all the time but he is worth it. I mentally have had to take breaks every 4-5 months and he encourages it. He tells me we will do whatever I am comfortable with. I wouldn't want to see anyone else.
Never give up, Dr. Mooney is a very smart man. He will make it happen one day.
I originally was on Clomid which did mature my follicles nicely . I did several rounds with timed intercourse. Timed intercourse was not a good route for my husband and I , we would fight all the time and it felt like a chore. Finally we switched to Clomid with IUI and we did 2 rounds with no success. On the last round of Clomid I didn't produce any follicles which was surprising since I do not have a medical condition. I was switched to Lutzerol mid cycle. It did grow two follicles so we did another IUI which also failed.

Anovulation, Unexplained
The Canton office is small, but that's a good thing! There​are two nurses there [Repro Gyn] and they are always so happy and friendly! The Akron office is big and the front desk ladies are not so nice! All of the nurses though are amazing!...Roughly each cycle we did with follistim was $2000 each! We did 4 cycles with that! So $8000 including blood work, ultrasounds and office visit charges....[Nursing Staff] So sweet! Every single one of them!...
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The Canton office is small, but that's a good thing! There​are two nurses there and they are always so happy and friendly! The Akron office is big and the front desk ladies are not so nice! All of the nurses though are amazing!
Dr Mooney treated me like a friend! He is very professional but comes down to your level and explains EVERYTHING! He doesn't treat you like a child and doesn't sugar coat anything! I love his honesty, demeanor, personality, just everything about him is inviting and I feel so comfortable and relaxed with him!!
So sweet! Every single one of them!
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I can not describe enough praise for Dr Mooney! An example; he explained in terms exactly what is wrong with me! My regular gyno made me feel like I needed surgery and they wouldn't do anything else to help me! Dr Mooney immediately wanted to do an ultrasound to see what my gyno was talking about and he stopped our consultation to do it! And explained while the procedure that it was cosmetic and nothing to worry about! He then had us go back to the consultation room and laid everything out on the table! I just clicked with him on all levels! He has a great sense of humor and so compassionate with all of his patients! Only one downfall...He is always running late! It drives my husband crazy, but I honestly don't care!! I would wait all day for him!!
Be prepared to get comfortable in the waiting room! He is an AMAZING Dr! It's worth the wait!
He started me out on clomid and monitored me with ultrasounds to see if my follicles we're growing, they did not! We then moved immediately to letrozole and monitored me with ultrasounds again, and again no growing of my follicles! So we proceeded to injections ( Follistim) around 150iui every day and monitored me again with ultrasounds, this time it worked!! First cylcle we tried on our own with intercourse, didn't get pregnant! I had to take a break after that cylce because I had so many cysts form! We proceeded again 2 more times with the Follistim and intercourse, and no baby! Each time I had to take a break because of the cysts that appeared! Our last cycle we did we tried the IUI along with the Follistim and again a no go! He then said we could try another round of the iui with follistim, but in our eyes it was just draining us emotionally and financially! So our next step is IVF!
Dr Mooney has recommended for us to do IVF and will only allow 2 embryos to be transferred into me. I am a short statured woman and 2 babies is pushing it he said! He wants the babies and me to be healthy

Other, Unexplained
Michelle and all of the nurses at RGI are amazing! They are so helpful and always call you back right away should a question come up!.. I was prescribed Gonal-F in conjunction with a few other medications. I was not responding well, and ended up needing to stim longer than expected. RGI gave me additional Gonal-F free of charge to get me to egg retrieval. We ended up having to freeze all eggs and transfer frozen about 45 days post-retrieval.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a fantastic clinic with many amazing doctors. I truly cannot think of any negatives or weaknesses. We received exceptional care from everyone at RGI. We live in a Cleveland, so it was over an hour drive each way.. and the drive was more than worth it.
She treats each patient with care and explains why she is recommending the care for you specifically. She is honest and direct, but speaks to you with such care. She also remembered many personal characteristics, not fertility related, about myself and my husband.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is truly the best. Defeated after two failed IUIs and a previous doctor that just didn’t care or listen, Dr. Maseelall give me hope.. and ultimately a son through IVF. Each visit, she would sit down and explain next steps. She always took time to answer my questions - no matter how many questions I had. When I started bleeding early in my pregnancy, Dr. Maseelall personally called me on a Saturday to check in and agreed to see me before her office opened on Monday. A+ doctor all around.
Trust her. She truly has your best interest at heart and wants to help you.
We paid about $7,000 out of pocket, but had infertility insurance coverage.
Due to my age (30) and the fact that this was my first IVF cycle, she recommended transferring one embryo

2013 - 2016
7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [nurse at Reproductive Gynecology] was very thorough when explaining how to use the medications. She was always returning phone calls reasonably too...When I was waiting on the pregnancy results of my second round of IVF, we were told they would call on a Thursday with the results. They never called and I had to call the following day...IUI was around $500 each cycle. Plus $175 per ultrasound. IVF was approximately $8,000 plus the $3,000 for medications plus $2500 for ICSI. Each additional embryo transfer was $3,000.
2013 - 2016
7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The canton office is very small. That is definitely one of the biggest downfalls. But the Akron office was always a relief to go to because they are a very large office and they move very steadily. The front office was always helpful when it came to insurance questions and billing.
Their were many times when visiting the office during appointments that he would be running very behind. I always felt like I was rushed in and out. If I had questions they were answered very quickly. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because I really did trust him. But sometimes I felt nervous to ask questions because it felt like I was holding him up.
She was very thorough when explaining how to use the medications. She was always returning phone calls reasonably too.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
My experience as a patient of Dr. Mooney was nice. However, I felt as if I was more of a number than as a patient. Each appointment was never on time. Which I became accustomed to. I adjusted my schedule for that because I wanted to be his patient. A lot of people I know that have dealt with infertility have gone to him and just adored him. I found that when he took the time to talk to my husband and I we really enjoyed him. However, if he was running behind in his schedule, which happened almost everyday, he was not very happy when I would ask questions. Those were they days when I felt like “just a number” rather than a patient. I felt like, my husband and I just spent our life savings on these fertility treatments, please answer my questions. After going through our first round of IVF we had to go in for our consultation to talk about why it failed. He explained to us that he thought it failed due to my estrogyn level be too high. We he explained what a normal estrogen level should be and that mine had been 5 times higher than that and that that could cause the cycle not to work. I was floored! Why wasn’t that brought to our attention prior to the embryo transfer. We were never even told that my estrogen level was too high. If it was that high we should have been informed that their was a possibility that the transfer might not be successful or at least warn us and give us the decision of waiting for my levels to come down and try the cycle again. When I had my second IVF cycle, he was more cautious of my estrogen level, as it kept rising, he said he didn’t want it to go above 500. The next week it was at 700 and I asked him if we should still follow through with the cycle and he told me that it would be fine. The day before placing the embryos in my estrogen level was closer to 1,000, and I asked him if we should proceed. He said yes it’s fine. The cycle did not result in a pregnancy.
He is a wonderful doctor. But expect to have long wait times during appointments and make sure he answers your questions.
We began with Clomid for a few months after he did an exploratory surgery to remove scar tissue from my Fallopian tubes. After that did not work he had us move to IUI. He said that if something was wrong with my cervix not allowing the sperm to be pushed into the body that IUI would result in pregnancy. After seven cycles of IUI I had an ectopic pregnancy. We tried IUI one more time and he told us our best bet would be IVF because it will bypass my tubes and my cervix.
We weren’t really given a choice, he always wanted to place two embryos each transfer.
Canton

The clinic [Repro Gyn] is great. The doctors work together to figure out a treatment plan, if needed. They really focused on my overall health and not just getting me pregnant. I've lost 65 lbs as a result and I am healthy and strong. IVF is very expensive with this clinic but their success record is great - so I guess you get what you pay for.... I didn't spend too much time with them [nursing staff] but they were very kind and returned my calls promptly.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is great. The doctors work together to figure out a treatment plan, if needed. They really focused on my overall health and not just getting me pregnant. I've lost 65 lbs as a result and I am healthy and strong. IVF is very expensive with this clinic but their success record is great - so I guess you get what you pay for.
Dr. M is very caring and knowledgeable. She, or any Dr I was working with that day, spent time with me and answered all my questions - even if it wasn't the answer I wanted.
I didn't spend too much time with them but they were very kind and returned my calls promptly.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. M is very knowledgeable. As with any clinic the doctors have a lot of patients to see and keep things moving, but she would never rush me. The only negative thing I could say about her is when she's performing a transvaginal ultrasound she pushes much harder than any of the other doctors, it is uncomfortable. I can tell she is comfortable with what she does.
Listen to her, follow directions as well as her advice.
My first cycle she had me on 1 clomid pill. It wasn't enough. The second cycle I think we went to 3 pills. It still wasn't enough. Only 1 great egg was produced both cycles. The third cycle we used 4 clomid pills, and I got 2 great eggs and one good egg. My husbands sperm count is extremely low so I didn't get pregnant any of those cycles. IVF is our only option.
I don't remember to be honest. They had everything broken down. IVF - from the very beginning through the first transfer- was around $15k.
We didn't really discuss this but my good friend did IVF with this same clinic and 2 embryos were transferred each time - with her consent of course.

2011 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Strengths [of Reproductive Gynecology in Akron]: All the doctors there are different personalities so you can find one that fits your own needs. They all take their own case load and are there nearly every step of the way. Sometimes, you'll have a fill in doctor. Weaknesses: Case load. There are so many patients at this clinic, you may have to wait or feel rushed. But consults are never rushed.
2011 - 2016
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths: All the doctors there are different personalities so you can find one that fits your own needs. They all take their own case load and are there nearly every step of the way. Sometimes, you'll have a fill in doctor. Weaknesses: Case load. There are so many patients at this clinic, you may have to wait or feel rushed. But consults are never rushed.
I feel like she and I could be friends in real life. She understands the process and has gone through treatment herself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
All the nurses are great at talking through questions you may have and getting you in with any urgent emergencies (read: loss scans). They care and are compassionate people that have great bedside manners.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall has great bedside manner, cares about all her patients and you're not just a number. Not everyone goes through IVF and they don't suggest that as the first solution as other clinics do. She will advocate for you with other doctors as other issues come up. Her recommended doctors and transfer to OB/GYN practices are top notch as her network is impeccable as well.
Feel free to ask questions and not just go with the flow. Sometimes, her case load is packed so it may feel rushed but she is absolutely in contact with you every step of the way.
I started with a CBC panel and complete diagnostic bloodwork overhaul. 20 vials of blood in my first visit. I'm glad I did. While I had a difficult case, she was familiar with it as it was something one of her relatives had so she was empathetic. I started with injectables as Clomid produced pregnancies with losses. Then moved to IUI and eventually years later for baby #2, we decided on IVF.
Most costs were out of pocket because of insurance. However, when able, the staff coded ultrasounds or gave me donated injectable meds as they knew the issues with insurance coverage.
PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is clean, updated and uses state of the art equipment. It is comfortable and efficient (however, Dr. Mooney is ALWAYS behind schedule)....The nursing staff is what makes this practice. I personally enjoyed dealing with them and they always helped to answer any questions I had. I appreciated their compassion and was very happy with them overall.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is clean, updated and uses state of the art equipment. It is comfortable and efficient (however, Dr. Mooney is ALWAYS behind schedule).
Dr. Mooney was great when I first met with him and then again once we actually got pregnant, but in-between, I felt that he was often times difficult to deal with because he didn't know how to handle my emotions (and let's face it, we are all super hormonal when we are on these treatments) and would sometimes yell and curse and get upset because of something I said or that his staff did. I felt that he took out his frustration on us from time to time, but ultimately, he did get me pregnant...
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney is very down to earth. He really doesn't hold anything back and so you know when he is angry, when he is frustrated and when he is in a good mood. I felt that he dealt best with me when we were first consulting with him and then once we were pregnant. As treatments were going on, I often felt that I wasn't important enough for the time to answer my questions, he accused me of being overly emotional and too sensitive to the setbacks in my treatment and I felt more comfortable talking to one of the other doctors in the practice when I would see her. Overall, Dr. Mooney did what he set out to do, and I did get pregnant, but his bedside manner left something to be desired.
Have a tough skin when you meet with him--understand that he will curse, he will be blunt, and he doesn't sugar-coat anything.
I began seeing Dr. Mooney after a miscarriage and three failed attempts of Clomid with my OBGYN. He decided to to Clomid again, and I ended up taking it for 4 more months. In my opinion, this was not optimal and I was ready to try something different as the Clomid obviously wasn't working. From there, he did a laparoscopic exploratory surgery to check for endometriosis, scar tissue and other complications. This came back showing that everything was normal, so we began a course of Letrazole/Femara. The side effects with this were less than the Clomid, but I didn't ovulate as much. We did 3 months of this, adding IUI to the last cycle. When this didn't work either, we began to do injectable medications and did 2 rounds of IUI during that cycle as well. I did get pregnant with twins from this treatment.
The costs of any infertility treatment are high, but I was fortunate enough to have really good insurance, so despite being treated for over a year, I only spent about $1500 out of pocket.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
I just think the staff [at Repro Gyn] there was okay. Nobody really went out of the way to assist you and oftentimes I felt that I was a bother and putting the staff out...The office has claimed to have passed on results when they in fact haven't on numerous occasions. In addition, there were multiple times when they would argue with me that something wasn't a certain way and then would turn around a week or two and agree with me. It was very frustrating to feel like I was on a roller coaster of inconsistency.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The office itself is nice and there are some staff and doctors that are easy to deal with but you really have to push for information and ask a lot of questions in order to make sure you're doing what you're supposed to.
While Dr. Nash came highly recommended to my from another physician, I was not happy with him. He was very matter of fact which some people may like and I found he had zero compassion and most things he said went over my head. When I asked questions about the treatment I was made to feel inferior or like my questions were absurd. Dr. Nash also set expectations very low as to how well my treatment would work.
I just think the staff there was okay. Nobody really went out of the way to assist you and oftentimes I felt that I was a bother and putting the staff out.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
While Dr. Nash is a good doctor and considered to be one of the best in our area, I personally did not like working with him. I would gladly go back and see some other doctors in his practice but not him.
Dr. Nash is a very black and white type of person. There is not a lot of gray area and if there is something that you want, you will have to really push and advocate for yourself.
Dr. Nash found that I had subclinical hypothyroidism and put me on synthroid. We decided to have a exploratory laproscopy prior to starting treatment and found I was already pregnant so it was canceled. Pregnancy turned out to be an ectopic and was conceived naturally but ended with the laproscopy anyway. Next we tried Femara with IUI with which turned out to be a chemical or early miscarriage. The office insisted I wasn't pregnant and pushed me straight into the next IUI but then had to cancel it because it turned out there was in fact hcg in my system and this was after starting the process. We left the clinic after that.
Each IUI cycle cost me $600.
We did not do IVF with Dr. Nash but he only recommends transferring one embryo and in some cases two.
Westerville

We were supposed to be fully out of pocket for our testing and treatments per our insurance. However, Dr Nash's office [Reproductive Gynecology in Westerville] submitted all invoices to our insurance anyway and we actually ended up saving about $3,000 because of it...The nursing staff was very efficient and polite. They were very personable and easy to talk to...I was extremely impressed that at no point during my treatment did I ever have an appointment with any other doctor, or a nurse practitioner as some clinics do. Dr Nash was the only person to treat me, and he was great at what he did.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is very clean, very welcoming and the onsite blood draws are amazingly convenient.
Dr Nash never failed to answer every question I had in very clear terms. He also listened to me when I told him I felt the timeline of the treatment should be modified. I was extremely impressed that at no point during my treatment did I ever have an appointment with any other doctor, or a nurse practitioner as some clinics do. Dr Nash was the only person to treat me, and he was great at what he did.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash was a wonderful doctor to partner with in our infertility journey. He explained all aspects of our treatment thoroughly, and was open to questions about anything, at any point in time. I always felt confident that Dr Nash had the same goal in mind that we did, to have a successful pregnancy as soon as possible with the least intervention possible. I never felt that he pushed any treatments or tests that were not necessary. He showed us all options and allowed us to make our own decisions.
Know going in that he is very straight forward and to the point. There will not be any "fluff" to your visits or consultations.
Dr Nash had me go through a few rounds of blood testing on different days of my cycle for different hormones. He had my husband perform 2 semen analysis, and performed a saline ultrasound on me. From this we were given a diagnosis and a recommendation that IUI may produce results at a slightly higher likelihood than naturally, and IVF at a 50% greater chance the naturally. He also recommended a laproscopy for me, and a repair to a slight uterine defect that had a small chance of affecting outcome of a pregnancy. We chose to try one IUI before any surgeries, and he was the doctor who performed that procedure. Ultimately that first IUI brought us success.
We were supposed to be fully out of pocket for our testing and treatments per our insurance. However, Dr Nash's office submitted all invoices to our insurance anyway and we actually ended up saving about $3,000 because of it.
Westerville

Small clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] so faces are familiar. Site is beautiful. Wait times can be long but understandable with unpredictable components of treatment cycles...Lynn was always my favorite. She always kept a positive attitude and helped me get back to my own provider after a bad visit with a partner...I think IUI is around $500. My insurance covered my visits and ultrasounds. My meds were purchased from a pharmacy recommended by the clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Small clinic so faces are familiar. Site is beautiful. Wait times can be long but understandable with unpredictable components of treatment cycles.
Dr. Jain gave me his cellphone number to call if I needed. He also texted to check in on me after I had transitioned back to my OB during my pregnancy.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain was honest with me and presented information at a level that was appropriate for me. He was patient with my questions/concerns/preferences. I never felt rushed or like a bother. He was gentle with his exams and procedures. My husband was also confident and reassured by his knowledge and experience. We wouldn't hesitate to go back to him.
Wait times can be long, but his knowledge, compassion and expertise are worth it.
I had a few follistim plus IUI cycles while I was still breastfeeding. Every time I got great follicles, but never conceived. I had overstimulation with one combined follistim and clomid cycle, which I had to abandon due to risk for high order of multiples. I had a couple follistim plus Femara cycles where I again got good looking follicles but never conceived. Eventually I got pregnant in an off cycle as we were exploring the option of IVF. This is similar to the course I took in getting pregnant during an off cycle with my first child while I was seeing a different doctor in the same clinic. I had 7 failed treatment trials prior to each of my pregnancies.

2013 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I had problems with the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] sending the proper documents to my insurance provider. Also, they missed crediting my account with payments and they charged my insurance for office visits during my IVF cycle that were supposed to be included in my fees (Already paid for upfront) and then when confronted about a possible refund they said the extra fees went to a balance prior to IVF that I wasn't aware of...My spouse and I had to go to an IVF training class but it was handled by another doctor. Majority of all my IVF visits and retrieval were handled by another doctor at the office.
2013 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would not recommend this clinic. At the time I did IVF there was no guarantee and now they have a guarantee program. Plus, Dr Nash told me I would never qualify for a guarantee program because the "house" always wins. That statement alone proves this clinic preys on the despair couples go through trying to get pregnant. Dr. Akain (might be incorrectly spelling) is the only doctor I would recommend others to use. He handled almost all my procedures and IVF but I felt he was only following Dr Nash's notes verses him handling my care. Also, for new patients - due your research. Make sure the doctor is giving you best case and worst case scenario. Also, some of the office staff and nurses were rude and made you feel dumb for asking for more clarification. If any staff member makes you feel that way find another office that treats you right. My opinion might be biased because I left without any success. I know if I left pregnant I would probably have a more positive outlook. But after my negative blood test they didn't have any options but adoption or donor. They left it to me to make a decision.
Some of the nurses were not very friendly and while Dr. Nash showed some empathy, nothing felt specialized to my needs. Everything felt routine, from start to finish during my time I never felt they solved my infertility issues and gave me fake hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Bethleen)
Bethleen was the IVF nurse. She had printed calendars with medication and directions for me and my understanding had them for each patient. But at times things felt rushed. For my other procedures there was no assigned nurse. Some of the other nursing staff were nice and others were rude and short - Chanel wasn't very compassionate. The medical assistant that took blood samples was very nice and sincerely. The front office staff was normally polite but at times they'd have private conversations leaving clients waiting in lounge area because they didn't feel like greeting them.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash only works in the Westerville office two days a week, when I was a patient there. So if your schedule doesn't match you'll have to see another doctor and I didn't feel connected to him due to this. He was calm and compassionate but when I would become upset (cry) he'd want me to collect myself before leaving and entering the waiting room. I didn't like this because the office only showed one side to treatment. He gave me a false hope of success. I was told I'd have only a 1% chance of natural pregnancy and a 50-60% chance with IVF with ICSI. After the failed IVF he said my chances dropped to 30% and I'd have better success with donor eggs. I felt cheated out of money and hope. I should have been told more about donor eggs and higher chances than taking my money.
Unless your schedule and cycle match to his schedule don't expect him to be at every appointment.
Due to my failed IUI attempts I was told IVF with ICSI was my best chance. I went on birth control then high doses of injectables including progesterone shots. I was told this was almost normal protocol except due to egg equality was taking some higher doses to simulate my ovaries. I was told about overstimulated ovaries and signs. My spouse and I had to go to an IVF training class but it was handled by another doctor. Majority of all my IVF visits and retrieval were handled by another doctor at the office.
IUI $500 with HCG shot ($50). Two IUI's $750 plus HCG (extra). One cycle of IVF (self pay) $7500. ICSI $1500, IVF meds (majority came thru Walgreens specialty store, I think I paid $4500 in total), storing embryos was $500 and $475/year there after. (Disclaimer numbers might be slightly off due to memory as this was 4 yrs ago). Laparoscopy to remove endometriosis cost me $3500 out of pocket after insurance. Typical office visits were around $300 after insurance. Saline ultrasound bill was around $500 after insurance.
I only had 3 embryos that made it to Day 3 and the doctor told me of the best 2 and due to my age at the time (30) we went with 2 transfers.
Westerville

The whole staff at RGI is amazing, they are friendly and compassionate. My husband and I always enjoy seeing them and know we’re in great care.... The only weakness I will say is the information/timelines provided to patients. For all the money we spend we felt it should be more detailed. Their strengths are that they are wonderful in so many wats, great doctors, nurses and staff. They are all well educated and up to date on new procedures and processes.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr Nash is a very caring doctor, he is very through and detailed when explaining things and mindful of our feelings. He is extremely caring and always makes sure I am comfortable during exams and procedures
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel)
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would absolutely recommend Dr Nash and personally will use him again for future pregnancies. He is detailed, through, to the point, compassionate, well educated and all around a great doctor. He was with us at all but one small checkup, he even performed my D&C himself.
Dr Nash is very detailed and to the point, make sure you can handle the blunt truth when working with him as he doesn’t sugarcoat anything.
Dr Nash stimulated me “hard” during my stims cycle to ensure good quality/volume of eggs given I had low ovulatory function. There was anywhere from 1-2 shots per day depending on the timeframe of the cycle along with various pills.
For 1 full IVF cycle including stims, frozen embryos & sperm, icis, PSG testing, transfer and a D&C we were close to the $30k range......
Dr Nash does not like putting multiple embryos into females as it’s a huge health/safety risk for both the mother and potential babies.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [Reproductive Gynecology] have made the process very smooth through check in to check out. The front desk staff is very friendly and will answer any questions you may have. If they do not know the answer they will be sure to find it out for you and let you know before you leave. The office as inviting atmosphere however it can be very busy so seating can be limited at certain times of the day.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They have made the process very smooth through check in to check out. The front desk staff is very friendly and will answer any questions you may have. If they do not know the answer they will be sure to find it out for you and let you know before you leave. The office as inviting atmosphere however it can be very busy so seating can be limited at certain times of the day.
Front Desk Employees were very friendly and knew your name. Dr Nash and nurses show compassion when treating you and caring for you.
Nurse are very kind and will answer any questions you have. Only request would be communication through the phone. It sometimes takes a long time to get a response once you call and leave a message.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash is very friendly and compassionate. He has a lot of patients so he is very quick with each visit. He does a good job at explaining what is going on and what he is seeing and making you feel comfortable during each visit.
Do not expect a lot of office time with him due to his busy schedule. If you have questions be sure to ask before the end of the exam because he is out of the room before you know it.
In the beginning I had blocked tubes so i underwent surgery to clear the blockage and remove cysts on my ovaries. Dr Nash gave his approval to try naturally after 6 months we have start clomid and ovidrel HCG shot each month. We are still going through these treatments.
Cost have been what I expected for fertility treatment.

3 IUI, Egg Freezing, IVF
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is very clean. The ladies at the front desk are so sweet and pleasant and always greet you with a smile. There is nice music playing in the waiting rooms and overall very relaxing atmosphere through out the office...The nursing staff is great. They are so friendly and caring. They aided in making my visits comfortable and easy. I am very thankful to all of them for their kindness and support through the tough times and their enthusiasm and joy in celebrating the good times too.
3 IUI, Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is very clean. The ladies at the front desk are so sweet and pleasant and always greet you with a smile. There is nice music playing in the waiting rooms and overall very relaxing atmosphere through out the office.
Dr. Maseelall and the entire staff at RGI are very friendly and accommodating.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is an amazing doctor. She is so compassionate and warm. She is a perfectionist and will not quit until optimal results are achieved. I have zero complaints about her. You get both sides of the coin with her. She is kind, caring , compassionate etc. on one side and extremely knowledgeable, precise and professional on the other. She's really an amazing doctor.
I would tell them not to hesitate to make an appointment. Get in to see her as soon as you can.
I've been a patient for over a year. We started out with the least invasive and most cost effective procedure (IUI) and graduated to IVF eventually. My second IVF cycle worked and I am currently pregnant.
We did a single embryo transfer for each cycle. That was recommended as the safest for both mommy and baby.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
There is often a wait for your appointment time, but it is because the doctor spends extra time with patients when needed. The office is staff [Reproductive Gynecology] is friendly and welcoming. It took almost a week to get a return phone call for my initial appointment, but they were always very responsive once I was a patient....The IVF coordinators go above and beyond by answering emails and texts after hours and on weekends.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
There is often a wait for your appointment time, but it is because the doctor spends extra time with patients when needed. The office is staff is friendly and welcoming. It took almost a week to get a return phone call for my initial appointment, but they were always very responsive once I was a patient.
It takes some time to get a response to phone calls to the office, but responses through email or text are much faster
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain was our second opinion. I began to trust him during our consultation when he had suggested trying one more IUI (after 3 failed with a previous doctor), then did a baseline ultrasound he noticed a low antral follicle count. This had never been mentioned by my previous doctor, and I liked that Dr. Jain didn't immediately push IVF until he had more evidence. He speaks very quickly and is blunt sometimes, but we appreciate the honesty throughout the IVF process.
Although he is very blunt at times, he is honest and sets realistic expectations.
We used a high dose of Follistim and Menopur because he correctly predicted that my ovaries would be slow to respond. We used a Lupron trigger to reduce risk of OHSS. We expected 8-10 eggs and retrieved 8 mature eggs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Gynecology.
Monitoring appointments are typically during certain morning hours, approximately between 8 and 9 am.
IVF plus one FET approximately 9,000 PGS 4,500 Meds 6,000
Dr. Jain recommended only transferring one embryo based on my age and the recommended standards.
Westerville

I had 3 rounds of IUI resulting in 2 early miscarriages [at Reproductive Gynecology]. I also took injectable blood thinners and Clomid...For the most part they [nurses] were very nice and answered questions if possible but they are very busy and seemed a bit rushed and are hard to get on the phone if you have a question for the doctor...The IUI was about $600 each time. The medications and injections were about $400. So far weve spent about $5k out of pocket. I was told if we do a Ivf total would be approximately $16k without insurance.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern and clean. All the staff is for the most part very knowledgeable and friendly. Cost wise without insurance like myself they are a bit costly. I would recommend this clinic or the sister clinic in akron ohio. The wait to see a doctor or nurse is average.
He did take alot of time to answer all questions my husband and I had and when we have met with him we never felt rushed or like a number.
For the most part they were very nice and answered questions if possible but they are very busy and seemed a bit rushed and are hard to get on the phone if you have a question for the doctor.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was very thorough with my husband and I. He never sugar coated anything . We never felt rushed and he seemed confident that we could be parents one day. If there was anything we didnt understand or were unsure of he was willing to answer questions and was patient with us.
To ask questions and not be afraid to keep asking if you dont understand something. We are all new to this and sometimes its so stressful and overwhelming.
I had 3 rounds of IUI resulting in 2 early miscarriages. I also took injectable blood thinners and Clomid.
I have not started this procedure yet but I plan on it. I'm not sure of his opinion on it yet.

Anovulation, Male Factor
The front desk staff [Reproductive Gynecology] is very friendly. There is plenty to read in the waiting room and tv playing. The only weakness is how late sometimes they are for my appointment time. I do expect that at a doctors office though.... They are kind and always address me by name. It makes you feel comfortable and welcome during a difficult process. They were also very knowledgeable about treatment and billing.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The front desk staff is very friendly. There is plenty to read in the waiting room and tv playing. The only weakness is how late sometimes they are for my appointment time. I do expect that at a doctors office though.
He texts me to follow up, is entirely up front and honest. Makes you feel like he genuinely cares about you and your success
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a great communicator and is honest about treatment and success rates. He takes all the time with you at each visit that you would want. He’s up front, but also has a good sense of humor, which is important my husband and I. I wouldn’t want to see any other doctor!
Come in with your thoughts and plan. He will have his recommendations but he always takes what you want into consideration.
Dr. Jain wanted us to immediately move into IVF and he was very clear as to why (MFI). He did take my thoughts into consideration and we did 3 rounds of IUI first with clomid and HCG. He tested me and did ultrasound prior to each IUI to make sure that I was going to ovulate on the date of the IUI.
They accept my insurance, but normal is $500 for IUI and $14500 for IVF.
He does single transfer
Westerville

It’s very hard to reach the nurse on the phone at this clinic [Reproductive Gyneocology-Akron]!!! You have to leave a voicemail with your question and they get back when they’re free... and when they do I may be busy so we kee missing each other... I was waiting for my diagnostics c results FOREVer. I called before my appmt and they told me the results on phone but when I came in for the appmt, they said they didn’t receive the results back!! Then whose result did I hear on the phone??
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Like I mentioned, reaching nurse or doctor is not straight forward and you can’t reach them right when you call. You’re have to leave a voicemail and they contact you back which delays the process and missed calls..
He has good bedside manners and schedules visits with flexibility.
They ask everything to Dr Nash and it’s very hard to reach the nurse on the phone at this clinic !!! You have to leave a voicemail with your question and they get back when they’re free... and when they do I may be busy so we kee missing each other sigh..
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I feel that he’s a good doctor but sticks to the protocol. I did IUI with him and he gives medication based on a same protocol not considering my situation.. also we have MFI and no cure or coursenof action has been given for that. We’re juat trying to do IUI to increase Chance of pregnancy but hubby still has MFi
He’s good at what he does. The clinic is not open on weekends so if you have a procedure it has to wait until Monday
IUI- I did a Clomid-ovidrel-IUI three times so far and no pregnancies yet. He did semen analysis on my husband and found MFI but no treatment plan has been offered for that which I thought was weird! I wish he treated the underlying cause and not just treat the result..
I think IUI cuclis with medication costs $1200z IVF is $15k
Haven’t done this but I know the RGI clinic does it

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I felt they [Reproductive Gynecology- Canton] did a great job in every aspect of the experience so far. They didn't make me wait long to be seen and the nurses were very nice and helped with directions for other appts and helped me understand everything it was nice to know one of the nurses went through infertility as well... The lady who did my very first blood draw was amazing when I started to get really hot and sickshe knew what to do and she knew what to do like drawing blood wise she didn't waste time and got the vein first time each time I've had to go to the clinic
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I felt they did a great job in every aspect of the experience so far. They didn't make me wait long to be seen and the nurses were very nice and helped with directions for other appts and helped me understand everything it was nice to know one of the nurses went through infertility as well
The visit just felt like another doctor visit but I understand they do this all day long til the last one comes through she is a great doctor and listens to me when I speak and took my concerns into consideration and made sure things went smoothly for my blood draw
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was and is very nice each time I seen her she made sure I knew the results what the options were and the possible risks of things not working and I got to decide the best option she was professional and listened to me
If your only comfortable with female doctors she's the way to go you don't feel all weirded out she's a fantastic doctor
I have not started any Thing I'm still saving for the very expensive ivf route so not much help in this department
Just regular office visits which after insurance were only like $20 but hey was over 1k but after insurance $800
I want to strongly transfer two I think the doctors here only want to do 1 but I understand we'll see how it goes
Canton

It is nearly impossible to communicate with the nurses [at Reproductive Gynecology] if you are not at the clinic. The nurses sometimes take a long time to respond to an email or call and then don't answer my questions fully or at all. ... Dr. Jain's nurses are kind and helpful in person, but completely unhelpful if I have to call or email.... The clinic has great people at the front desk and they have a lab on site which makes blood tests really easy. The aesthetic of the waiting room is in the Polaris overly-fancy ugly style, but there are not as many people as ORM and you feel like less of a number and more of a person. The nurses are great in person, not great with calls/emails.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Jain is very busy and doesn't have a lot of time to talk, but when I do have a conversation with him I feel that he cares.
It is nearly impossible to communicate with the nurses if you are not at the clinic. The nurses sometimes take a long time to respond to an email or call and then don't answer my questions fully or at all. The only thing that I miss about ORM is the nursing staff. Dr. Jain's nurses are kind and helpful in person, but completely unhelpful if I have to call or email.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is very blunt, but I think that he actually cares, which is refreshing after my experience at ORM. A lot of people describe him as pretentious, but to me he just seems confident and that is reassuring for me. It is useful to be informed and go into an appointment with questions and not let him get off topic. He is ALWAYS at the clinic, I am not sure if he ever does anything but work. But he seems to really like his job and care about his patients.
Be proactive, have questions ready.
He wants to try 2-3 more cycles of IUI with Letrozole and then talk about IVF.
I still have not received most of the bills.
Westerville
Very clean, warm, well decorated, and very friendly front desk girls [Reproductive Gynecology], also. I felt very calm when in the waiting room in Akron. Comfortable chairs (very important when having uncomfortable tests done).... Jen is a great nurse. I also had one who held my hand during a procedure that was uncomfortable.... We applied for compassionate care and were able to save 50% on medications, plus 20%-30% through becoming customers of compassionate care....
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very clean, warm, well decorated, and very friendly front desk girls, also. I felt very calm when in the waiting room in Akron. Comfortable chairs (very important when having uncomfortable tests done).
He has a good sense of humor. Doesn't try to use big words when explaining what is going to happen/happening. He realizes this is something we really want and doesn't make us wait, gets down to business, but doesn't pressure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
I don't remember her last name, but Jen is a great nurse. I also had one who held my hand during a procedure that was uncomfortable ( I don't remember her name, but she worked in Akron). Very nice, and thorough.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I felt very comfortable with him. I've seen another "skinny mini" doctor with whom I did feel judged (completely different clinic, in different city). I'm not a small girl, so my BMI number always was in the back of my mind. Dr. Nash made me feel more comfortable about that number, and the process in general.
Relax, ask questions, and breathe. He is very nice and will answer or re explain anything you wanna ask, or don't understand.
We are in the process of starting the IVF drugs now. Just received them yesterday and start them next week.
We applied for compassionate care and were able to save 50% on medications, plus 20%-30% through becoming customers of compassionate care. We talked to other doctors about IVF and the cost here was much less than in other cities, and feel like they are more thorough!
Other, Unexplained
My only complaint [for Reproductive Gynecology] was a non aggressive treatment strategy and our regular wait time for the doctor. The staff was wonderful and we felt valued there.... There was a separate cost for a single or double IUI. The cost of IVF was a deterrent for us continuing our treatment with this clinic.... The nursing staff was wonderful and always helpful!... The doctor did a full workup of diagnostic testing. This was greatly appreciated and made us aware of my unicorunate uterus. We then started using Clomid with IUI and known sperm donor but later moved to unmediated IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
My only complaint was a non aggressive treatment strategy and our regular wait time for the doctor. The staff was wonderful and we felt valued there. I have recommended many people to this clinic and will continue to do so
Doctor mooney took time at each visit to talk to us about our treatment as well as talk about life. It was clear he took his time to talk with each of his clients and get to know them as a person.
The nursing staff was wonderful and always helpful!
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Doctor Mooney is compassionate and knows each of this patient's. He does run significantly late for appointments and most of the patients and nursing staff knows that. We had many laughs with Dr Mooney and many tears as well. He responded very compassionately with our miscarriage.
We loved Dr Mooney and had we been able to get pregnant easily he would have been the perfect doctor. But after trying for many cycles we felt we needed more intense treatment to be successful. We also did not enjoy our meeting with the IVF nurse which was probably our biggest deterrent to continuing treatment there because we loved working with doctor mooney.