Genetic counseling: Offered
330-452-6010
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?

View fewer doctors
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family...has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic [of Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office...the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is very kind and compassionate. She not only took the time to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of our fertility problems but she also took the time to get to know us as a couple. Some may view it as a weakness, but I feel that a doctor that truly knows her patients and can actually empathize with them, with what they are going through, is far superior. She gave us honest, straightforward answers to every question we have asked. She has never sugar-coated anything, but has given us the truth and facts in a manner that was easy for us to understand but yet that we grasped the severity of the situation. Every surgery that she has performed on me, I sae her prior to the surgical appointment and then again in the OR prior to being put under. Which, for me, was a huge relief, knowing that she was there. My family is very strong in our faith and we pray about everything. And she has never looked at me like I was crazy or treated me like my faith wasn't just as important as her medical knowledge -which I had had in the past from a previous dr who told me that it wasn't! Dr Maseelall has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Go! Don't wait like everyone says. We listened to people -including drs- who said we had plenty of time. That we were still young. But guess what? Those people, those DOCTORS didn't diagnose me with PCOS, and because of that. The waiting just led to a more serious condition - complex endometrial hyperplasia with a-typia. Something that could have FULLY taken my fertility and ability to ever carry a child, had Dr Maseelall not caught it and then treated it with tenacity.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall has always taken the time to answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION we have ever had. When our FET using donor embryo failed, she was more upset than we were!! We've been through so many let downs that we truly didn't expect a positive result, even though we tried to stay positive. She was genuinely upset and honestly, was puzzled as to why the embryo didn't attach. The entire staff treats you like you are the only patient they are seeing, taking the time to answer questions and really talk to you. After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
Our very first round, we used lupron to suppress my own hormones. Then I started taking estradiol and baby aspirin. We had to cancel the cycle because I spontaneously ovulated -something I hadn't done in nearly 7 years. She then had me take provera to force me to have a period to shed the lining. When our next cycle was to start, Dr Maseelall discovered that I had developed a cyst so she had us delay the cycle until the cyst disappeared or shrank. We then decided to use letrozole and use my own natural cycle to prepare my uterus and body for an embryo transfer using a donor embryo. I took 4 letrozole pills every day for 5 days. Several days of monitoring my lining growth and symmetry, the size of the follicles I was creating (I produced a total of 5 with 3 growing large enough to actually be released), and then followed by a shot of hCG to trigger ovualtion, followed by 1 week of progesterone shots, an FET using our donor embryo, and then followed by 10 days of progesterone shots.... And a negative pregnancy test. After the test came back negative, we had a heart-to-heart conversation with Dr Maseelall about our options and chances of our 2nd embryo (we only had 2) implanting if we did another round. She suggested doing an ERA test for our next round to see how receptive my uterine lining actually is. So we did it. Using the same protocol we used for our failed transfer. I only produced 3 follicles this time. And the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test. With Christmas a month away, we opted to take a month off and to regroup after the holiday. We have not redone the ERA test as of yet because we have been doing a lot of praying and reevaluating, and discussing the possibility of using a surrogate, which we had discussed with Dr Maseelall the last time we saw her.
Most of the time I have gone in, I have had the same nurse. Just because that is how her schedule fell. All of the nurses were kind and compassionate, taking time to answer questions when asked, and very thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI has several satellite offices in addition to their main office in Akron. It makes seeing your dr even more convenient. I first saw Dr Maseelall at a satellite clinic which was only about 25 minutes from my home, vs the hr drive to the main clinic. Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
The legal aspect of securing legal rights for our donor embryos cost $5000 for the 1st and an additional $2000 for the 2nd. Our FET cycle, without the cost of medication, cost $3500. For our ERA round, we paid for bloodwork only, which cost us $40 per stick, for a total of $160.
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I am grateful that Dr Maseelall explained to us the reasons why she would only transfer one embryo for us. My health and safety were paramount for her.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later...[Dr. Maseelall] guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success...Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
The price for our IVF cycle [at Reproductive Gynecology] was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost...We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Doctor was great. She was involved every step of the way including testing, two surgeries, retrieval and transfer. She was ready to answer questions and help any way she could. When a road block came up during our treatment, she figured out a way to keep things moving and only pushed our time out a few weeks instead of anything longer. She keeps the patient and the situation in mind while doing everything so that her patients have the best chances of getting the baby they so badly want
Come to your appointments with any questions written down. You never know what will come up during your appointment, so having everything written down helps keep your mind on track, and also help if other questions pop up during the appointment so that you don't forget what you originally wanted to ask. Sometimes she can talk fast and move on, don't be afraid to ask her to explain something again, she is there to help so use her to your advantage
She is a great doctor. Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
Around two weeks of birth control to start. Then 10 days of stims - Menopur and Follistim for all 10 days, around day 5/6 we added in Ganirelix. Day 10 we did the trigger shot as well and 36 hours later we did retrieval. At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later. Being a first timer with IVF I didn't ask a lot of questions on the medications, I trusted that my doctor knew what the best course of action was for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle was great to work with. She always made you feel comfortable and encouraged asking questions. She even left a voicemail and left her personal cell phone number so I could call her back and talk. Michelle and Jenna were great with teaching us how to use the meds. We felt totally comfortable when starting injections because of the knowledge they gave us during the teaching demonstration
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall the clinic is great. We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great. Sometimes it can be overwhelming walking in and seeing a full waiting room, but they move fast since a lot of people are just getting blood work. The only thing I think they could improve (and this isn't all the time, just a few times) one of the ladies at the front desk sometimes isn't the nicest person. I get that people have bad days, but when you are working in such a sensitive area there should be more compassion and care when dealing with people over the phone and in the office.
Initial testing to determine cause of infertility was sometimes paid by insurance but most times it was not. The price for our IVF cycle was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost. For stims meds we paid about 3,500 for our 10 days of meds. The doctor prescribed them perfectly and we had nothing left over that was wasted, and we had enough to make it through all of our days. Meds for the frozen transfer prep were another cost. I believe those were around $1200. Some of those were covered under insurance so they were cheaper, but the Lupron kit was the most expensive of that process.
Doctor guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success

2019 - 2020
Dr Nash was very knowledgeable and proactive with my treatment. Sometimes not always knowing how to comfort me but I respected his expertise...I valued his knowledge and opinion. So much so that I referred my family to him. Dr Nash without a doubt always stayed ahead of my treatments and was always able to identify eggs vs cysts and appropriate treatment...Originally my treatment started with letrozole (I think 2.5mg) along with trigger shots for timed intercourse which we tried about 4-5 times. I was producing the eggs but was not fertilizing them. Then Doctor suggested we try other options. I was treated with clomid(150mg) trigger shot and IUI. Clomid took 3 tries for correct dosing, some people respond sooner so a lower dose is used first. I was successful with that treatment, I am currently pregnant with twins due in November of 2020.
[Protocol at Reproductive Gynecology included] trigger shots for timed intercourse which we tried about 4-5 times. I was producing the eggs but was not fertilizing them. Then Doctor suggested we try other options. I was treated with clomid(150mg) trigger shot and IUI...Jen from the Canfield office was amazing. She often took time to explain things to me when things got crazy...IUI-$500...The receptionist Sharon at the Canfield office also was amazing. She treated you like a friend or family. After my very first visit there she knew my name Overall the canfield staff are amazing! From the receptionist to the nurse to dr Nash. I appreciate the care that was provided to me
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I valued his knowledge and opinion. So much so that I referred my family to him. Dr Nash without a doubt always stayed ahead of my treatments and was always able to identify eggs vs cysts and appropriate treatment. Some other experiences with different doctors were unable to, however those doctors were great as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He may not always know how to comfort you but rest assured he absolutely cares. Dr Nash is very intelligent and proactive with fertility. I trusted him 100% and am glad that I did. I am forever grateful for him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Describe the protocols David Nash used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
Jen from the Canfield office was amazing. She often took time to explain things to me when things got crazy. She also advocated for me at times when treatment was changed. Making sure my changes were appropriate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.
IUI-$500 clomid-$3 letrozole-$10 trigger shot-$100. Minor fees for blood draws and ultrasounds.
Canfield

Male Factor, Unexplained, Other
He [Dr. David Nash] is very honest but sometimes it feels like he is in a rush...He told me mid scan that we would not be able to move forward with our IUI because of the restrictions in place now, even though I had a huge follicle ready. I could see the sadness on his face. I clearly was not the first person he had to say that to that day. He did allow me to get the trigger shot at the clinic that day, because I had already taken the 5 days of meds. Unfortunately, it was not successful. I called cycle day 1 (last week) and the nurse said the doctor said I had to wait until my next cycle for obvious reasons. Overall, I trust Dr. Nash.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is kind and funny! They make sure you feel comfortable while you are there. I have called plenty of times with random questions and they are always patient and answer them. During the shut down they were very proficient in the new procedures...I love how easy it was to get into the clinic and start our journey. The scheduling is easy but depending on the days of your cycle, you are likely not to get “your” doctor. That’s what happened with us. Most of the time we had a different doctor, because Dr. Nash is only at that location a couple of times a week. Overall, I like the clinic.
European, Other
Male Factor, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was very nice in our first meeting. Our second was a full consultation after testing and we were 15 minutes late. He eliminated the idea that I had PCOS, which was one of the reasons we were sent to him in the first place. After that we saw him a couple more times before our first IUI. IUI number 1 and 2 were with another doctor because of the way the dates fell. When I went in for my last scan before IUI number 3, I had to go in a day early because I got a positive ovulation test at home. Dr. Nash was very accommodating. Unfortunately, it was at the beginning of the Ohio COVID-19 shutdown. He told me mid scan that we would not be able to move forward with our IUI because of the restrictions in place now, even though I had a huge follicle ready. I could see the sadness on his face. I clearly was not the first person he had to say that to that day. He did allow me to get the trigger shot at the clinic that day, because I had already taken the 5 days of meds. Unfortunately, it was not successful. I called cycle day 1 (last week) and the nurse said the doctor said I had to wait until my next cycle for obvious reasons. Overall, I trust Dr. Nash.
Make sure you ask questions, even if you think they are dumb. He doesn’t go into much detail about things if you don’t ask.
He is very honest but sometimes it feels like he is in a rush.
Round 1 of IUI we used Clomid ( started with Dr. Nash, procedure by Dr.Jain) Round 2 of IUI we started Letrozole instead because Clomid gave me a huge cyst on my left ovary and we had to wait a cycle for it to go away (Dr. Jain) Round 3 I took Letrozole and the trigger shot, but no insemination because of COVID-19 restrictions ( Started with Dr.Jain, ended with Dr.Nash) We have had no success. Originally Dr. Nash suggested we only try 3 rounds of IUI and if we were unsuccessful, move to IVF with ICSI. **Dr. Jain consulted with Dr. Nash about course of treatment when I was not seen by Dr.Nash
The nursing staff is kind and funny! They make sure you feel comfortable while you are there. I have called plenty of times with random questions and they are always patient and answer them. During the shut down they were very proficient in the new procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We have spent roughly $5000 at the clinic since the beginning of our journey. Our insurance covers 0% of the cost. Each round of IUI has been roughly $1100.
+ Read more- Read less

I feel like he [Dr. Nash] could have provided more information in each check-up. He generally just ran the test (e.g. ultrasound) and said things looked good without telling me what he was a) looking for, or b) what he saw on the screen. He is incredibly kind however. ... I ended up guessing how many I had and what sizes they were by looking at the screen (which is hard to understand for someone not in the medical field). I wish he would have provided more information in each appointment.
I strongly dislike that they [Reproductive Gynecology] do not have a patient portal. Having access to your test results and plans via one app would be so much easier and convenient than the email system they are using now. Besides that I strongly dislike that you can never reach anyone by phone. ... I remember when I first tried to get an appointment it took days to receive a call-back and I'm almost 100% positive I had to call two times to even get to talk to someone to make an appointment.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I wish I was provided more information when I went in for a follicle count. I ended up guessing how many I had and what sizes they were by looking at the screen (which is hard to understand for someone not in the medical field). I wish he would have provided more information in each appointment.
He is only in the Columbus office two days a week so you will be seeing another doctor when he is not there. Be sure to ask questions. Be your own best advocate. I feel like I've had to follow-up on my thyroid blood draws time after time. I've had to continually up my thyroid medication and I'm still not where I should be.
Dr. Nash has always been very kind. I feel like he could have provided more information in each check-up. He generally just ran the test (e.g. ultrasound) and said things looked good without telling me what he was a) looking for, or b) what he saw on the screen. He is incredibly kind however. He always takes the extra second at the end of the appointment to look at you directly and say it was 'nice to see you'.
For egg retrieval: Apply Testerone gel (.5ml) to upper arm once daily until trigger. 3 days later start bc for 9 days. After baseline - start Gonal-f 375 and Menopur 75, start dexamethasone (.5mg) take two daily until trigger. 6 days later - start omnitrope (8 units subcutaneous daily). Trigger with HCG. Doxy before and after retrieval. For egg transfer: Start Estrace 2mg twice daily and start baby aspirin once daily. Three days later increase Estrace to 2mg three times daily. Five days later decrease Estrace to 2x a day. Start Medrol once per evening for 7 days. Start 1.5cc of PIO in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel Gibson)
The IVF coordinator is quick to respond by email but is difficult to reach by phone. She was always very good about answering questions and clarifying next steps.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic itself is decorated very well. The first time I walked in I felt like I was somewhere very exclusive. I remember when I first tried to get an appointment it took days to receive a call-back and I'm almost 100% positive I had to call two times to even get to talk to someone to make an appointment. I strongly dislike that they do not have a patient portal. Having access to your test results and plans via one app would be so much easier and convenient than the email system they are using now. Besides that I strongly dislike that you can never reach anyone by phone.
I paid $14,500 (not including meds) for retrieval, ICSI, PGT/D testing.
Describe David Nash's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I only had one embryo that was normal to choose from.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.

2017 - 2019
We were only given the option of 1 embryo transfer each time [with Dr. Akas Jain] which is what we preferred...I felt like I was in the best hands. Coming from another clinic in town I very much felt like a number there but not with Dr Jain. He took time to thoroughly understand our history, our concerns, our plans to build a family and our fears in the process. He always made us feel like family. He also ALWAYS makes himself available to patients to reach him which is remarkable.
Megan and Shanell; the IVF coordinators [at Reproductive Gynecology] always responded to my emails quickly. They were available when I needed them and always made sure to explain things...The clinic is beautiful, clean and welcoming...having an organized lab that does not allow for mishandling is very important to me. The lab is also great at providing updates. During my 2 transfer the lab staff was incredible. They also have Lab Corp staff in the office daily for blood draws which is awesome and convenient and the girls are great. I have no complaints whatsoever about this clinic and would return and refer anyone I know.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Our experience with Dr Jain was night and day from the other clinic. The protocol and plan he set forth was different and more specific, his attitude was so positive yet he was also very honest. He explained why things may not have worked in the past. He set forth a timeline and explained delays that could occur along the way. Any time we had a delay he perfectly explained why we were being delayed and it always made sense. We knew we were in the best hands and never once doubted his trust and his guidance. I have referred so many friends to him and will continue to do so. He is the best of the best.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Ask questions! I always made sure all of my questions were answered. You have to be your own best advocate during this process. And for IVF I’m general - expect delays. Things do not always go perfect or according to plan but trust him and trust the process. And always Stay positive!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
From the first appointment and the first moment I met Dr Jain I felt like I was in the best hands. Coming from another clinic in town I very much felt like a number there but not with Dr Jain. He took time to thoroughly understand our history, our concerns, our plans to build a family and our fears in the process. He always made us feel like family. He also ALWAYS makes himself available to patients to reach him which is remarkable.
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
We came to see Dr Jain for a second opinion after 6 failed IUIs with another clinic and doctor. We instantly moved to IVF with Jain and should have a lot sooner but our precious doctor kept pushing IUIs. We did an egg retrieval in 2017 - following that we froze all embryos due to overstimulation. We then had some delays due to lining issues and had a FET a few months later. This was without PGS testing but we did do ICSI. This resulted in a live birth. In oct 2019 we did a second FET. This time we did PGS and this was our last normal embryo. This resulted in a current active pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Megan and Shanell; the IVF coordinators always responded to my emails quickly. They were available when I needed them and always made sure to explain things.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is beautiful, clean and welcoming. The lab is also a huge advantage to this clinic. The embryologists are incredible!!! coming from a previous clinic who had a lot of mishandling issues in the lab, having an organized lab that does not allow for mishandling is very important to me. The lab is also great at providing updates. During my 2 transfer the lab staff was incredible. They also have Lab Corp staff in the office daily for blood draws which is awesome and convenient and the girls are great. I have no complaints whatsoever about this clinic and would return and refer anyone I know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
We had a decent amount of insurance coverage but we paid around $8000 for our retrieval and first FET with all meds. That is after what insurance covered. That also included ICSI. We paid later for PGS and we haven’t gotten our bills yet for our recent FET.
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
We were only given the option of 1 embryo transfer each time which is what we preferred.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.

He [Dr. Jain] is direct in his communications. Great at answering questions in a way you can fully understand. He made himself available at off hours when I was experiencing complications and had questions. He performed his procedures professionally and always made me feel safe. ... Our unexpected outcomes weren’t taken lightly and in urgent situations he checked in often and made sure I was fully taken care of.
There are a lot of people who go to this clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] so the waiting room can be busy at times. The rooms are clean and nice. The staff are considerate and the phlebotomists are well-trained; hardly noticed bloodwork being taken. ... I feel like I have to be on my game with her [nurse] so that I get everything I need. She is organized and stays on top of calendars, etc though.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is direct in his communications. Great at answering questions in a way you can fully understand. He made himself available at off hours when I was experiencing complications and had questions. He performed his procedures professionally and always made me feel safe. He was honest with us any time he saw something that concerned him and why so we had all the information.
Be prepared for honesty. He doesn’t sugar coat. When you need to hear something positive, ask him for it. He focuses more on the medicine but has empathy for his patients.
From day one Dr Jain listened to every question or concern and made sure I understood what was happening at every stage. Our unexpected outcomes weren’t taken lightly and in urgent situations he checked in often and made sure I was fully taken care of. He may be blunt but it was appreciated throughout my process because false hope is not something I want. He offers real hope only.
We started with Clomid and timed intercourse and had a positive pregnancy test, but it was ectopic, so we chose methotrexate to immediately shrink and pass it on our own. Since Clomid thinned my lining, we switched during our IUI to Letrozole and had a better lining result. Positive pregnancy test, but ended with a second ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my tube and had it removed through laparoscopic surgery. A false negative test early on kept us from catching the ectopic before it was serious. Since my ovarian reserve is low, we chose to move forward with IVF and not lose time. During testing, we spontaneously became pregnancy with twins, but after our 8 week appointment it was clear that I was miscarrying both. After discussing our options, we chose not to do a D&C to avoid scarring. After nearly 4 months, a hysteroscopy showed a lot of tissue in my uterus, so a suction D&C was performed afterall. No scarring shown now. I am cleared for IVF and am in the middle of it, preparing for egg retrieval. We are hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan Bollinger)
She’s short in her responses and seems annoyed by questions, but she answers everything asked. I feel like I have to be on my game with her so that I get everything I need. She is organized and stays on top of calendars, etc though.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
There are a lot of people who go to this clinic so the waiting room can be busy at times. The rooms are clean and nice. The staff are considerate and the phlebotomists are well-trained; hardly noticed bloodwork being taken.
Our IUI was about $500. IVF $14,500. Plus medications in each case which vary by person and insurance. These were in line with my expectations.

2014 - 2019
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Jain] has always given us honest feedback about our situation and best ways to proceed. That being said, he can also be blunt and make me feel bad. I’ve left the office in tears many times, not because he was mean, but because he was trying to make sure we knew the entirety of the situation. He has also showed a tremendous amount of support for us over the years, from working directly with our donor egg agency to help us select the best donor, giving up weekend time to talk with us on the phone, to contacting my OB/GYN after our miscarriage to make sure he had all of the information possible.
Lynn is a most amazing nurse at RGI. She is our favorite person there - she has served as my coordinator at times...I was waiting for pregnancy test results after an FET, so it was a big one. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I had been bugging them all afternoon. It was almost the end of their day when I finally asked what we were going to do about it when they told me they got covered up with some other papers. It was negative, but the experience was extra frustrating, obviously.
2014 - 2019
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a perfectionist. He wants you to get pregnant. These things were never in question for us. He has always given us honest feedback about our situation and best ways to proceed. That being said, he can also be blunt and make me feel bad. I’ve left the office in tears many times, not because he was mean, but because he was trying to make sure we knew the entirety of the situation. He has also showed a tremendous amount of support for us over the years, from working directly with our donor egg agency to help us select the best donor, giving up weekend time to talk with us on the phone, to contacting my OB/GYN after our miscarriage to make sure he had all of the information possible. His communication style can be challenging, but I ultimately believe he is very good at what he does and that he truly wants us to succeed.
If you need time to ask questions, schedule a consultation appointment. He does office visits quickly and will not give you a generous amount of time, but he will in a consult. It’s your money and your time and your health, make him give you the time you deserve.
Dr. Jain is a very busy doctor. I believe that he ultimately wants your success, but getting him to give you his full attention can be challenging at times. The clinic has gotten so much busier from when we initially started going there that it has felt difficult over the years to feel like we still matter to anyone there.
I don’t remember specifics. My first retrieval was difficult due to a cyst on one ovary and my other ovary being located very high in my pelvic cavity. My second retrieval was entirely unsuccessful - no eggs retrieved at all, which was a huge disappointment and ultimately what led to the use of donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel )
Lynn is a most amazing nurse at RGI. She is our favorite person there - she has served as my coordinator at times. I’ve been through several coordinators over the years, but Shannel is the current one. She is a very efficient communicator, but can be short and not very compassionate at times. She will always respond to emails though, which I am so appreciative of.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They’re busy. Columbus only has 2 clinics with a new third one just getting started. RGI is by far the more cutting edge of the two and frankly their busy-ness feels like a weakness at this point. The pro is that they are good - Dr. Jain is a good doctor, they have a great lab, and I think they do their best to run an efficient practice even when taking on so many patients.
IVF was something like $15,500 ICSI was $1,500 Donor Egg Retrieval was $17,125 Donor Egg Agency cost was approximately $10,000

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child...This was my first cycle so it was a standard IVF medication protocol. I was on Menopur , Glonal F, Cetrotide. Prior to retrieval I was also taking aspirin, prenatal with iron, Folbic , medrol, and a course of doxycycline. My trigger shot was Pregnyl. I started progesterone in oil prior to my FET.
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos [on our cycle with Reproductive Gynecology]. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history...Strength- well organized, state our the art infertility treatments, good appointment availability Weakness- busy office, long wait times , lab not covered by insurance, expensive if insurance is out of network...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child.
Ask all your questions so you have a good understanding what’s going on with your treatment. IVF is a complicated process.
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive, empathetic, and is helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us.
The nursing staff was supportive and understanding. After we suffered the death or our son the nurses where empathetic and have their condolences.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$1000 lab work $1000 plus medication cost $11,000 out of pocket for ivf procedure
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history.
+ Read more- Read less

So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel [with Dr. David Nash] to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there...He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
despite [Reproductive Gynecology] being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment...All of the nursing staff are compassionate and have been very supportive of my decision to be a single mother by choice. Mary has been supportive and always keeps good track of my next steps and gives me great instructions about what next steps I need to take in my cycle processes. The only weakness of this office would be that they are often busy, but I never feel this interferes with my care here.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash seems to have a good understanding of infertility and procedures. I went to him as a single mother by choice though, and I felt he was completely understanding of my situation and my supportive. He is often busy and seems rushed, but I attribute that to his needing to see so many patients. He is always kind and shows compassion despite this. He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
If you are a person who has a lot of questions, bring the list of questions with you before your consult. I personally want to distance myself from this process being so scientific but I because his time is limited be prepared with questions you might have.
For me, knowing that Dr Nash was often busy made me realize that he is helping a lot of people. I also felt that despite his office being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment.
So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful, including the front office staff and the appointment coordinators. They are often busy, as most doctor offices are, but they show support and compassion during your individual appointments. I feel I was lucky that I choose this fertility clinic because I have been very happy with the treatment so far despite my negative IUIs.
My insurance paid for most treatment until I began my IUI cycles, which cost (including sperm vials) $1,500 each cycle. I also had to pay for my genetic testing, but it was reduced to $199 and a counseling appointment which was $250 but very beneficial.

Male Factor, Other
During our first consult, she greeted my husband and I as individuals. She talked with us about our infertility issues as a couple and explained to us our likelihood of conceiving. She then went on and answered every question that we had. Throughout our first cycle she was personable with each visit and after my miscarriage she was able to answer most questions, and tried to make me feel better...Due to a genetic condition and male factor infertility, she explained our odds of conceiving naturally and even using fertility drugs or IUIs. Because of the rare genetic condition it was in our best interest to do IVF with ICSI and PGS. We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal". We have only done one transfer so far and it was successful, but I miscarried at about 8 weeks.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950) [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Just under $17,000 total...We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal"...Michelle is the IVF nurse coordinator and she was always smiling and able to answer any questions that I had, or was able to find out the answers for me. She knew what she was talking about and always made sure you left knowing the plan.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was always available for each appointment I had. I felt comfortable discussing issues with her. She takes your emotions into consideration, but can be a little blunt at times. She always is in a positive mood and makes you feel as comfortable as she can while in procedures and ultrasounds.
She is a wonderful tool to have when trying to figure out infertility issues, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has several doctors and several different locations that help you find the right doctor and location for you. The staff at the Akron office is wonderful and they know the patients by name. They make you feel welcomed.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950). Just under $17,000 total.
Our doctor suggested eSET due to our age and physical condition. She also discussed that it would be a safer option as there are always added risks with multiple births. We were successful with the implantation of the single embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Akas Jain is] Wonderful at making you feel comfortable and bringing humor to a not so humorous situation. Good bedside manner. Does not remember specifics about us individually as he appears very rushed...I do not believe that this is lack of knowledge but lack of time...Very rushed, doesn't fully explain procedures (relies on nurses to explain everything) doesn't remember details about us...we are doing our first IUI with clomid and trigger shot.
We pay out of pocket [at Reproductive Gynecology] - costs so far $200 each visit $200 sperm analysis $125 trigger shot $500 IUI...Beautifully decorated clinic that reminds you more of a cosmetic procedures/spa office than a fertility clinic. Staff is nice but not overly by any means. They get you checked in, take your money, direct you where to go and do usually say something as you leave. I imagine there are a lot of emotions with patients in and out so they stay pretty neutral.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Wonderful at making you feel comfortable and bringing humor to a not so humorous situation. Good bedside manner. Does not remember specifics about us individually as he appears very rushed. Relying on him for his knowledge but he relies on his nursed to explain procedures or process in detail. We still fully believe in him as a doctor and person and we are doing our first IUI with clomid and trigger shot. We have completed 2 prior rounds of clomid.
Trust the process and know that you can rely on his nursed to explain what he may not. I do not believe that this is lack of knowledge but lack of time. If you have questions or concerns for him make sure you ask directly since you may not get that much individual time during your visit.
1st round of clomid 50mg produced 2 eggs ,( one on each side) but short periods so switched to letrizole for 2nd round and ovulation was early (unable to do IUI) along with other side effects. 3rd round 50mg clomid produced 3 eggs on one side and setup IUI date. Dr did advise of chance of multiples and advised that we could proceed with timed intercourse this month if we were uncomfortable with that and he would adjust the clomid dosage.
Although extremely busy (scheduling everyone's fertility timeframe, writing scripts etc.), they will take the time to answer questions you may have. I rely on them for procedural answers. For instance, my husband and I have never given a shot so one of the nurses fully explained everything including showing us the needle and how to prep and use it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We pay out of pocket - costs so far $200 each visit $200 sperm analysis $125 trigger shot $500 IUI
+ Read more- Read less

Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment.... I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult.
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated.... I wish they [Reproductive Gynecology] had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.... I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early!
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult. He did seem to have good bedside manner he seemed liked he cared about me and that what I was going through was difficult. I wish he were more thorough with each visit,but he seemed so busy that he just didnt have the time to be ! He must be good!
See him if you mean business about conceiving and dont want to waste time. He wants his treatments to work, and he is honest with you and gives you the realistic options
Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment. Even if the news wasn't good,I would want to hear the honest truth directly from the doctor at the time of visit and not left in the dark about what was going on with my progress .
Dr nash stimulated me hard, doubled my dose of menopure and watched closely for positive changes. I have low ovarian functioning,so he wanted to try and get my ovaries to produce the most eggs possible. He also had me taking supplements to help with egg quality. On egg retrieval day, we got 9 eggs. My Amtrak follicle count was low,so this was really good .
I felt like the clinic was so busy that even the nursing staff wasn't able to spend much time with me or really get to know me. I heard many times that i would receive a phone call , and never did. I felt in the dark about a lot especially labs. They never called with any results. I lived an hour away and they made us drive to the office for discussion of anything. Stuff that easily could have been discussed on the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early! For the most part, they were direct and knew what they were doing, but I wish they just explained things to me because as a patient i was not sure of what to expect-ever! Didnt know the details of next steps. Sometimes I was sure glad I asked,because if I didnt I may have wasted a few long drives out there due to not being prepared at my visits
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated. Its discouraging and very scary to spend every last dollar you have to potentially not conceive! They did have a program with success guaranteed but I did not qualify for it. I wish they had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.
I had to attend a seminar before undergoing treatment and this is when they stressed the importance of why they only do single embryo transfer. They stated all the risks involved with carrying multiples and it made sense
+ Read more- Read less

Jain thought I was ovulating too early but it took 2 courses before he even tested my blood to confirm ... I had to call to request a redraw to compare numbers ... Each time we requested timed intercourse he would follow up with the next visit asking "so are we doing an IUI yet?" ... I felt like I was not heard. ... After that miscarriage he had his nurse call to say I just needed to do IVF. No compassion. very disappointed. will not be returning.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is nice inside. Rooms are standard and comfortable. Easy to find offices and lab. would prefer it not be right next to a pediatric office. The front desk staff is not always the nicest but the nurses are great. ... I was told their billing is usually a month or 2 behind. ... Nursing staff is incredible. Always took their time to answer my questions and got back to me in a timely manner
Native American, Other
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is very straightforward which can be good. he don't sugar coat anything. He also shows not much compassion nor does he seem to want to waste time. Jain thought I was ovulating too early but it took 2 courses before he even tested my blood to confirm , I expressed I didn't feel like I was ovulating early due to my ovulation kit. I had to call to request a redraw to compare numbers, he didn't seem to be concerned to think about that himself. After our initial consult he diagnosed me with Low ovarian reserve and pushed us on an IUI right off the start. We left with so many questions that he didn't address or take time to explain what my diagnosis meant. we had a positive pregnancy test after our second round of Clomid with him, we miscarried and was told we could have more testing done to find causes of miscarriages since this was our third. After that miscarriage he had his nurse call to say I just needed to do IVF. No compassion. very disappointed. will not be returning.
know he is pushy, if you are not prepared to start IUI or IVF right off the start then he will not take you as a patient seriously.
Dr. Jain was very direct right off the bat wich is fine, he's very blunt. That being said we felt that he was pushing us towards IUI and IVF right off the bat. Each time we requested timed intercourse he would follow up with the next visit asking "so are we doing an IUI yet?" I felt since we were not doing the more expensive procedures that he did not want to waste time with us. I felt like I was not heard. I would have to ask for blood work to confirm ovulation and also call and ask for a follow up to compare the number to. He never seemed concerned to do it on his own.
we did 50mg of Clomid and times intercourse. That is what we were comfortable with and could afford at the time. It only made sense to us at the time to not waste money on IUI's when we were getting pregnant naturally but miscarrying. we want to try to find a cause for them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is nice inside. Rooms are standard and comfortable. Easy to find offices and lab. would prefer it not be right next to a pediatric office. The front desk staff is not always the nicest but the nurses are great.
our co pay for each visit was $40. we have yet to receive a bill other wise. I was told their billing is usually a month or 2 behind.
+ Read more- Read less

When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. ... There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. ... Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. ... I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall our experience with Dr. Nash has been positive. Understanding his practice flow is important. Consultations are the time for questions, concerns, and waxing poetic. The other appointments are for ultrasounds and procedures. When you feel overwhelmed or you have questions that need answered, schedule a consultation with him. He never makes us feel rushed during those visits. He listens to our questions/concerns and helps us adjust the treatment plan as necessary. He is direct but also kind and empathetic. Sometimes he makes funny jokes as well!
Do as much research as possible before your appointment and write your questions down. He moves pretty fast so if you aren't ready to execute your thoughts, you'll miss your opportunity.
When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. Dr Nash is very serious about this. He is in and out of the room in a flash. He is very quick and you generally don’t have time to ask him any questions. At times, it can make you feel disconnected and like a number. However, Dr Nash is always very willing to discuss whatever you may like and answer all of your questions when you schedule consultation time with him. It’s always good to come prepared with questions and do your research ahead of time so you don’t have to keep scheduling consultations with him.
We have done one cycle of clomid + HCG trigger shot and one cycle of clomid + IUI. Negative pregnancy tests thus far. Also had a laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis or other abnormality.
The nursing staff at RGI is top notch. They almost always call me back on the day that I call. They are a well oiled machine.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule. Dr. Nash is great.
I think he quoted us $1500 for an IUI cycle but we only ended up being charged about $800.
+ Read more- Read less

I really liked Dr. Maseelall she is very friendly and explains everything thoroughly. I always feel like she is rushing and often running behind. I am happy with my choice to switch from my last clinic to this one based solely on my experience with her as a doctor. ... I have dor/ low amh. ... Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
They [Reproductive Gynecology] are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff. ... They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. ... Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
The clinic is often running behind and the support staff is sometimes lacking, but it is with putting to with that to have Dr. Maseelsll in charge of your care.
My doctor is amazing and some of the nursing staff is great some I don't like dealing with. I rarely see my doctor as most interaction is with staff.
I recently just did my furst round of ivf. I have dor/ low amh. We were predicted to only get 1-2 eggs and it was suggested we use donor eggs. Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
Staff is incredibly hard to get ahold of through the phones. Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff.
Our initial deposit was 9 000 we did not do icsi or genetic testing. Or medications were around 5500.
We haven't gotten here in treatment yet.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. ... She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility. ... Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. ... I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
It’s [Reproductive Gynecology] large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments. ... The nurses are the kindest I have every encountered. The are gentle and compassionate with you and are always willing to answer questions and concerns in person or via phone.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. She instantly makes you feel comfortable talking about what can be a very difficult subject and is willing to answer all questions. She takes time to get to know your personality so that she knows better how to communicate with you and what information to give you. Even though she sometimes has to share difficult news or information, she is always optimistic and hopeful. I never feel uncomfortable around her and infertility treatments can result in many uncomfortable moments.
Think about what questions you want to ask in advance, maybe even write them down. She is very high energy and a fast talker, but she is willing to answer your questions.
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. She is my favorite doctor I have ever seen (even though I wish I didn’t have to undergo fertility treatments). She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility.
I have done three IUI cycles with Letrozale and Ovidrel trigger shot. I just had my third IUI today and we will be pursuing IVF if this fails. I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is the clinic to go to in our area. It’s large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments.
I have great insurance and only pay 10% co-insurance for fertility treatments.

Anovulation, Endometriosis
I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks prior to seeing Dr. Nash. My first month with Dr. Nash we took Letrozol and it did not work. We did two or three more rounds of this. We then did surgery to get a better of what is happening inside and he diagnosed me with stage 2 endometriosis. When I was able to start trying again we took Gonal-F and I got pregnant. We had a chemical pregnancy at 4-5 weeks. I am not waiting on results from further testing.
The nursing staff [at Repro Gynecology] is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call..... This clinic is very trusted and has amazing doctors. The staff is friendly but do get overwhelmed so don’t take it personally if they seem short sometimes. This office is usually very busy. The front staff are amazing, they are very friendly. The nurses and lab techs are friendly and will answer your questions to the best of their abilities.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I set very high expectations for Dr. Nash and he try’s very hard to help me undestand my body. There is a lot up in the air right now and I hope and pray he can give me answers. He uses a lot of numbers when describing results which can be confusing but he does his best to explain when I don’t fully understand.
Know that he is human and he doesn’t have all the answers you may expect him to. He will do everything he can for you.
Dr. Nash is an amazing doctor. He try’s his best to keep me from losing hope.
The nursing staff is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
My insurance covers most of my testing expect IUI which is $500 each time and IVF is also not covered and is estimated at 20,000. My husband and I struggle with the cost of IVF. My insurance covered most of the medications I have needed, I pay between 10-60 so far.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Jain] was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers. ... He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. ... He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions.
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff [Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable. ... [Nurses] Very compassionate and knowledgeable. They aren’t bothered by questions and return calls immediately should a question arise after you leave the office
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions. He will give you the chances of scenarios but will let you know a brief overview of different treatments or courses of action that he will take depending on the outcome so you are prepared. He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. Overall he is incredibly knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
Be prepared. Take notes and don’t be afraid to ask questions
He was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers.
During our consultation he was very thorough in getting background information on my husband and I both. He let us know that IUI would be the best option to try as there was no need to jump ahead to IVF. He informed us that we would do 3 cycles of IUI with letrozole as I previously did not have success with Clomid. He did a ultrasound to make sure everything looked ok and started me on Letrozole the same day and informed me that I would take a trigger shot prior to IUI once I received a second ultrasound to check follicle size. When we had the second ultrasound done he gave me the specific date and time to take the Pregnyl trigger injection as well as how often to have intercourse leading up to IUI. During the IUI, he overviewed our plan if this was not to be successful which included a HSG test to ensure my Fallopian tubes were open and a second round of IUI with increased dosage of Letrozole. I was then informed to test for pregnancy in 2 weeks and follow up with a positive pregnancy test or start of my cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable.
Consultation submitted to insurance including ultrasound and bloodwork $250, sperm washing (not submitted to insurance) $100, IUI (submitted to insurance for coverage) $500 out of pocket
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Jain was very sympathetic to the loss of our first son and I do feel as though he listened when I had something to offer or talk about. However, I did feel at times as though he needed to read my chart before meeting with me to be familiar with my case and my treatment.... I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages
I like the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.... Each round of IUI cost $500. The trigger shot was $125. Ultrasounds and blood work were run through my insurance.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages, and we discussed my history at a glance. I also never feel like I know what is next. I am rarely given any direction on how to take next steps.
If you have them, ask questions.
After 6 failed cycles of Clomid with my regular OB/GYN, she referred me to Dr. Jain. Dr. Jain was suprised to here that we had one successful pregnancy (that resulted in my son being stillborn) and had had no success with Clomid. He decided to do one more round of Clomid and do our first round of IUI. I had 3 mature follicles that cycle with very high numbers from my husband and Dr Jain was confident in our chances. After the first round was unsuccessful, Dr. Jain felt that my endomentrial lining was thin due to the rounds of Clomid, so he switched me to Letrozole. During that cycle I only had one mature egg and so my husband and I decided to skip IUI that cycle. Dr. Jain did feel that my lining looked better after changing medication. I am currently at the beginning of our 3rd cycle with Dr. Jain. He raised my dose of Letrozole with the hopes of having more eggs. Mid-cycle check is next Monday and we will decided how to proceed for this cycle.
I have seen a few nurses. All of them are very nice, however none stick out as going above and beyond. I also don't feel as though they provide any information as to what to expect next.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I like the clinic. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr.was excited to sit down with a review our 2 yr journey. She was very compassionate about our journey and wanted to make sure nothing was missed. She was real with us and honest. I wasn’t a number to her. ... We agreed to redo a few tests and she her on day 2 of my next cycle. ... She was never in a rush to leave us, wanted to cover all our questions before we finished our appt. We were treated with kindness the whole time.
Strength [of Reproductive Gynecology], they have multiple locations along with great hours which makes it very easy to get into the office on the correct day of your cycle. Weakness, they have to physically bring your chart from one location to the next. The office is not completely digital yet, there for sometimes they don’t have your chart on you if you need and appt on the day you call in.
How was your experience with Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was excited to sit down with a review our 2 yr journey. She was very compassionate about our journey and wanted to make sure nothing was missed. She was real with us and honest. I wasn’t a number to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology?
Schedule a consult to get to know her personally as a professional. Get to know her and let her get to know you!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology?
After 2 solid years of treatment with no success, we wanted to take a break to breath and reconsult. Our current Fertility doctor retired, so we schedule a consultant appt with the new doctor. She spent and hour with us going through our journey together. She gave us her personally one on one time and discussed all opinions. She was never in a rush to leave us, wanted to cover all our questions before we finished our appt. We were treated with kindness the whole time.
Describe the protocols Shweta Bhatt used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
We agreed to redo a few tests and she her on day 2 of my next cycle.
The Canton nursing staff is always bubbly and excited for you to come in. They are always wishing you luck and blessings when you leave. They only want the best for you??
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strength, they have multiple locations along with great hours which makes it very easy to get into the office on the correct day of your cycle. Weakness, they have to physically bring your chart from one location to the next. The office is not completely digital yet, there for sometimes they don’t have your chart on you if you need and appt on the day you call in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology.
At the moment, I just have my copay. We are in the beginning of starting over again.
Shweta Bhatt
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology.

Dr Nash is kind and makes me feel very comfortable. He explains what’s is going on when he performs treatments and procedures. He asks how I’m doing and if I have any questions. He makes me feel like it is OK to ask a question. He doesn’t sugar coat anything, he tell you like it is. He moves fast but is a veteran doctor so it makes you feel secure.
RGI as a whole is so informative, helpful, caring and kind. It’s always clean. They offer everything their is regarding fertility and are up to date on all the new tests and procedures. When you walk in the door you are welcome me with mark smiles from people who care. ... The nurse and staff was so caring and compassionate. They answered all my questions and every time I called and had a question they never made me feel stupid or like I was bothering them. They always make me feel good and supported when I’m their or on the phone with them. You can tell they truly care about me.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Don’t be intimidated to ask questions. Dr Nash is kind and caring and will answer them.
Dr Nash is always very kind, he explains what he’s doing when he’s doing a treatment. He asks how I’m doing. He makes me feel very comfortable and able to ask questions
3- iui’s with letrozole Then moved onto IVF Egg retrieval- with AM injections In process of transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Atkins )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Gynecology.
The time was when I could come in for my schedule, they were always in the morning but I don’t think there was a specific time frame I had to go.
In total we have spent over $20k this is for the IUI’s, IVF with genetic testing

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Jain] took the time to sit down and explain to us what was actually happening. We felt like the previous doctor gave us false hope. Dr Jain was blunt and to the point, which I appreciate, but was also very caring and thoughtful. We never felt rushed, when in his office. We felt like we could ask him any question, multiple times, so that we were sure we had a good understanding of our situation...I have a diminished egg reserve and my husband makes no sperm. (klinefeltors) we utilized my sister as an egg donor and we found a sperm donor. After PGS testing, we were able to freeze 2 embryos, and 1 that is undetermined. We transferred the first embryo which resulted in a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. We have transferred the second embryo and are on our 2 week wait for the results.
I feel that I am always receiving excellent care when I go to the office [Reproductive Gynecology]. They are very efficient with patient care, but I never feel rushed. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and know you by name. I feel as though, they each know your story and are so thoughtful and compassionate... After PGS testing, we were able to freeze 2 embryos, and 1 that is undetermined. We transferred the first embryo which resulted in a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. We have transferred the second embryo and are on our 2 week wait for the results.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I trust Dr Jain and I am very confident in his ability to provide us with the care we need. I would recommended him to a friend without hesitation. We have a very difficult situation and he has been there to answer questions every step of the way.
He is very blunt, and will be honest with you, whether you want to hear it or not. That being said, he is also very sympathetic and caring. He’s the best of the best.
He took the time to sit down and explain to us what was actually happening. We felt like the previous doctor gave us false hope. Dr Jain was blunt and to the point, which I appreciate, but was also very caring and thoughtful. We never felt rushed, when in his office. We felt like we could ask him any question, multiple times, so that we were sure we had a good understanding of our situation.
Shannel is wonderful! She is always easy to reach and easy to communicate with. If I email her, she is very quick to respond and always makes me feel that she’s truly cares.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I feel that I am always receiving excellent care when I go to the office. They are very efficient with patient care, but I never feel rushed. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and know you by name. I feel as though, they each know your story and are so thoughtful and compassionate.
Because we were using my sister as a donor, we paid for our IVF 25,000. This was the cost that included the counselor, meds, anything for my sister, and the first embryo transfer. My ins may pay for some diagnostic tests or labs, but other than that, it’s all out of pocket.
2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Maseelall] was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone...She stated that we would need to do a sperm freeze to make sure we had a chance for when we came up with the money for ivf. She wanted me to get on birth control to make my menstrual cycles a little more normal. She tried to do everything she could for our health and future.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back...The clinic is very nice and clean. It's very welcoming and everyone is so nice. They have private rooms that make you feel comfortable even when sometimes the situation is ackward. It was nice to be able to have the testing done before we got there to be able to discuss everything then.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She cared about us as well as our future and gave options that ivf was going to be our only shot and gave us hope that way. She was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone.
Know that she is going to lead you down a path for happiness but she also has to be honest with you about what will need to happen
She explained everything in detail and she wanted to make sure we understood everything and our next options.
They were very nice and thorough with their questions. So friendly and made you feel comfortable and welcomed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back
We never discussed this

Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Nash performed surgery to correct the previous physician’s mistakes and removed a portion of my Fallopian tube that although was not an immediate danger to conceiving a child, could have been an increased risk for cancer down the road. ... Dr. Nash is nothing short of an absolute professional. He has been compassionate during our appointments while always ensuring that all bases were covered and that we were always progressing towards the end goal of conceiving a child.
The compassion and thorough review from everyone at the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] really made us feel as if we were valued as individuals, rather than another name or number on a sheet. ... It seemed as if they all were there because they believed in the mission of the clinic to help with all infertility issues, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the previous care we had received.
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Be fully committed to the fertility program that Dr. Nash will outline for you as he is fully committed to your success in conceiving.
When my husband and I first went to see Dr. Nash it was a world of difference from the previous care we had received. Instead of being hurried in and out of the office, Dr. Nash took time to put a plan together to not only ensure that we had the best chance of conceiving with IVF but explain all of the options that we could utilize to increase our chances success. Furthermore, Dr. Nash performed surgery to correct the previous physician’s mistakes and removed a portion of my Fallopian tube that although was not an immediate danger to conceiving a child, could have been an increased risk for cancer down the road. It is for that reason that we are thankful that we found RGI and Dr. Nash.
My husband and myself both had our blood tested to ensure that their were no increased genetic risks in conceiving. Having found out that I was never vaccinated for chicken pox, Dr. Nash immediately scheduled the vaccination so we could keep moving forward as quickly as possible. My husbands semen sample was examined even though there was already an analysis on file to make double certain that everything we could do to ensure a high success rate was done. Lastly, Dr. Nash scheduled me for surgery to remove the parts of my Fallopian tubes that had been left by the previous physician/surgeon. This meant the most to me as leaving the tube ends as they were would have left us at an increased risk for an ectopic pregnancy, which I had already gone through prior to seeking Dr. Nash’s opinion.
Every nurse and staff member, from the nurses to the clerical staff was a pleasure to work with. It seemed as if they all were there because they believed in the mission of the clinic to help with all infertility issues, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the previous care we had received.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We honestly have no weaknesses to report. The compassion and thorough review from everyone at the clinic really made us feel as if we were valued as individuals, rather than another name or number on a sheet.
$8,000.00 for the egg retrieval and implantation plus $1,000.00 for embryo storage plus the cost of medications.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Mooney is direct and works to help you in the wait. .... This felt like there was finally a sense of urgency to help me get pregnant quickly rather than my other doctor just saying I “wasn’t a geriatric pregnancy and not to worry and take our time” ... He was very personable, and took a lot of time to talk to be about my life and his life in my initial consultation. ...
Clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is part of a larger office building and somewhat difficult to find at first ... Parking is convenient and free. Sitting area somewhat small (not as large and luxurious as the Akron office) ... Roughly $100-200 for intravaginal ultrasounds, $500 for IUI, trigger shot only ordered through Barron’s pharmacy for $170 ... Janie is my favorite nurse ANYWHERE. She does all my blood work and injections and if I could a I would have every blood draw ever taken from her-I hate having blood taken and she does so good
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Mooney is direct and works to help you in the wait. On the first visit he said, “As much as we might learn to like each other, I want you out of my clinic and back to your primary OB as fast as possible with a healthy pregnancy”. This felt like there was finally a sense of urgency to help me get pregnant quickly rather than my other doctor just saying I “wasn’t a geriatric pregnancy and not to worry and take our time”
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Why wait? Make an appointment!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was very personable, and took a lot of time to talk to be about my life and his life in my initial consultation. Even though he was late due to an emergency surgery (not his fault) he really tried to make up for it
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I’ve done three rounds of Clomid with a prior doctor without successful pregnancy, he switched me to leteozole because I only ever ovulated with one egg using Clomid and never got pregnant-he said some women respond better to a different fertility Med. I ovulated with three eggs (two mature) first cycle without IUI, second cycle with 4 eggs (3 mature) with IUI (tried IUI second cycle due to no success without)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Clinic is part of a larger office building and somewhat difficult to find at first (5th floor, right off the elevator and down a hall to your left!) Parking is convenient and free. Sitting area somewhat small (not as large and luxurious as the Akron office)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe Stephen Mooney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Unsure
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.

My treatment was tailored to me and how my body responded each step of the way. ... I feel that he genuinely cares about me and being cautious but aggressive with treatment. I have complete confidence in his judgement and plan of treatment. The only shortcoming is that he seems rushed most of the time. It feels like he wants to get in and out. Questions need to be asked quickly.
They [Reproductive Gynecology] have an in-house lab (Lab Corps) with a phenomenal phlebotomist. ... Very upscale clinic with modern decor. Comfortable. Enough waiting space unless it is a very busy day. Separate entrance and small waiting area for andrology. ... Very accommodating for appointment times, able to answer basic questions about treatment. They seem to have a lot on their plate but are always kind.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Dr. Jain. I feel that he genuinely cares about me and being cautious but aggressive with treatment. I have complete confidence in his judgement and plan of treatment. The only shortcoming is that he seems rushed most of the time. It feels like he wants to get in and out. Questions need to be asked quickly.
Ask questions throughout the office visit, do no wait until the end.
My treatment was tailored to me and how my body responded each step of the way.
Synthroid 50 mcg throughout treatment. With Dr. Jain I did 2 rounds of Chlomid with timed intercourse, however, my body did not respond well and the lining of my uterus did not develop so we switched to Letrozole. It took some trial and error to get the dosage correct with Letrozole so I had at least one follicle develop but not more than 3. I did 6 rounds of Letrozole. The first 4 rounds were used with timed intercourse and the last 2 were with an IUI. First IUI failed but the second was successful.
Nurses always respond same day to phone calls. Very accommodating for appointment times, able to answer basic questions about treatment. They seem to have a lot on their plate but are always kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very upscale clinic with modern decor. Comfortable. Enough waiting space unless it is a very busy day. Separate entrance and small waiting area for andrology. They have an in-house lab (Lab Corps) with a phenomenal phlebotomist.
My insurance covered all of my treatment except IUI which was $500 each time.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Nash is a brilliant fertility doctor. However, if you are looking for someone that is fuzzy and warm with great bedside manner, he is not it. He is very scientific ... It did seem like he became more friendly and open as time passed and we did more treatments. Our fertility treatments ended up exactly how he predicted ... Due to my high AMH, we used an antagonist protocol.
The embryologists and lab [Reproductive Gynecology] are world class, very knowledgeable, and really enjoy educating patients. ... Nursing staff lacks compassion and emotion for their patients. Some of the front desk staff are not friendly. ... The only times phone calls were returned were during lunch (around 1:00) or after clinic hours (around 4:00/4:30). Shannel is Dr. Nash's IVF coordinator. She is very nice in person; however, over email, she comes off as very brash and short, as if the patients are really putting her out with questions/concerns.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash is a brilliant fertility doctor. However, if you are looking for someone that is fuzzy and warm with great bedside manner, he is not it. He is very scientific, which I didn't mind since I have a scientific background and appreciate science, but it would've been nice to see some compassion at times. It did seem like he became more friendly and open as time passed and we did more treatments. Our fertility treatments ended up exactly how he predicted, that we would need to do IVF but that IVF would be highly successful for us. He was spot on with my stimulation medications and we ended up with many PGS normal embryos for us to transfer. I never visited the other center in town and I'm so very glad I didn't. If you want success in your treatment, someone that will rack his brain to figure out a good plan for you, Dr. Nash is the one to see.
Be prepared to not be coddled and have your hand held along the way. He explains things very fast and if I didn't have a medical background, it would probably be difficult to truly understand what was going on. He is only in Westerville on Wednesdays and Thursday mornings, and it's only during working hours, so be prepared to miss work.
This is a very busy practice. Dr. Nash would have to look at my chart every time he came in to know who I was and what we were doing. He would also ask me questions sometimes regarding previous treatments and results that probably should've been reviewed before entering the room
Due to my high AMH, we used an antagonist protocol. I ended up doing 12 days of stims then a trigger shot 24 hours before my egg retrieval. RGI does utilize CRNAs to deliver propofol for the egg retrieval which would've been an absolutely horrible experience without.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Lynn)
The nursing staff at RGI is not the greatest, but they are so super busy, so it's hard to be 100% present with each patient and compassionate to the extent a patient going through this would hope for. Lynn is the nurse Dr. Nash has for all procedures before IVF. She was very kind, but seemed aloof and disorganized. The only times phone calls were returned were during lunch (around 1:00) or after clinic hours (around 4:00/4:30). Shannel is Dr. Nash's IVF coordinator. She is very nice in person; however, over email, she comes off as very brash and short, as if the patients are really putting her out with questions/concerns. Jenna is the nurse we have been working with after our successful FET. She is also aloof but kind. She is knowledgeable and really strives to help you when you have questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths: Very dedicated, intelligent doctors. Dr. Nash is very good at starting slow and discussing all potential options with you. The embryologists and lab are world class, very knowledgeable, and really enjoy educating patients. Weaknesses: Dr. Nash will not talk to patients over the phone about results, only in person, which as a working patient can be nothing but added stress. Dr. Jain is quick to jump to IVF. Nursing staff lacks compassion and emotion for their patients. Some of the front desk staff are not friendly. Scheduling with Dr. Nash can be difficult for working patients.
I have no insurance coverage for infertility. Each ultrasound appt was $200. Each consultation was $200. Each IUI: $500 for procedure, $200 for sperm washing, $200/ultrasound (at least 2/cycle). IVF: About $8000 for procedure (including all labs, consultations, and monitoring visits during cycle), $4000 for meds, $2000 for ICSI, $4500 for PGS testing
For my age and the high quality of our embryos, he was very adamant about only transferring one embryo. We were OK with this as we understood the potential severe complications of having multiples and just wanted a healthy baby.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He did my laparoscopy bc i had a blocked Fallopian tube. He diagnosed me with endometriosis....When Dr. Mooney failed to tell me how diseases my tubes were.. if I would have known all this back then, I would have started ivf right away. He didn’t tell me crucial information that I needed to know in order to make an educated decision....
They [Repro Gyn - Canton] are great at returning phone calls. The doctors travel between a few offices so sometimes it’s hard to schedule your appointment at an office that’s convenient for you or to know when they’re in....I loved them! They were all so nice and sweet. Very compassionate...I had 4 ultrasounds at $200 a piece. Blood work for pregnancy diagnosis, 2 at $20. Iui was $500. Hysteroscopy was $600. Consultations were $140
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He did my laparoscopy bc i had a blocked Fallopian tube. He diagnosed me with endometriosis. He showed me pictures of my reproductive organs and showed me the spots of endometriosis and he said he removed them. He also said my tubes were cleared and they looked great (I recorded the visit and listened to it a few months later). I started seeing another fertility dr and she showed me the same pictures and showed me how damaged my tubes were from endometriosis. She said even if I were to get pregnant on my own, I’d have a high chance of an ectopic pregnancy. It’s obvious my tubes are diseased. I’m upset bc this is now a year later and if I would have known all this back then, I would have started ivf right away. He didn’t tell me crucial information that I needed to know in order to make an educated decision.
See one of the othe doctors in the practice
There were times he’d come in the room and be awesome! Nice and funny. Then other times he’d come in and you could tell something or someone (probably himself) put him in a bad mood. I felt like I couldn’t ask him any questions. If I did p, he’d stand there with his arms crossed and I would lose my train of thought.
I took Femara for three months and each month had a trigger shot Ovidrel. The third month I did iui. Had an ultrasound to confirm ovulation. He told me when my husband and I should have intercourse.
I loved them! They were all so nice and sweet. Very compassionate. One nurse asked my cousin how I was doing after she hadn’t seen me in awhile.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are great at returning phone calls. The doctors travel between a few offices so sometimes it’s hard to schedule your appointment at an office that’s convenient for you or to know when they’re in.
I had 4 ultrasounds at $200 a piece. Blood work for pregnancy diagnosis, 2 at $20. Iui was $500. Hysteroscopy was $600. Consultations were $140! 3 of those. Not sure how much other blood tests were. Surgery was a couple thousand dollars
Did not do this

4 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
My primary nurse [at Reproductive Gynecology] (Megan) during my egg retrieval and leading up to my FET was amazing. I could email her questions or concerns and she would always get back to me by the end of the day. She truly went above and beyond. Once our embryo was transferred different nurses handled my follow up and it was terrible. I had to wait 3 days to hear the results of my beta hCG (5 days actually if you include the weekend.) I emailed two different nurses that were suppose to be handling my case and called once a day everyday.
4 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
On our first visit Dr. Jain he was very blunt and up front with us about the cause of my infertility as well as his expectations of what it would take for us to get pregnant. I had initially left our first appointment feeling like he lacked compassion but we did appreciated his honesty. Once we started the IVF process we got to know Dr. Jain a lot better through the frequent visits. I never saw another provider and I truly feel he made decisions regarding our care based on our specific needs. I had several FET cycles canceled due to fluid in my uterine lining. He tried several different interventions to get rid of the fluid so the conditions were prefect for transfer. Even though it was very frustrating having so many canceled cycles, it showed me how much he truly wanted the best outcome for us and didn't want to just "wing it". My husband and I both feel our experience with Dr. Jain was wonderful.
Dr. Jain was the second provider we had consulted with. As he reviewed my history he was very direct explaining my diagnosis of DOR and poor egg quality. Throughout my treatment he gave us his honest advice and opinions on how we should move forward. I had several cycles canceled because he felt the conditions were not perfect. I could tell he truly wanted the best outcome for us and didn't want to take any chances.
I don't remember the specific protocol that was used but during egg retrieval we used Menopur, Follistim, Cetrodite, and Estrace. I have an AMH of 1 and produced 13 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology.
My primary nurse (Megan) during my egg retrieval and leading up to my FET was amazing. I could email her questions or concerns and she would always get back to me by the end of the day. She truly went above and beyond. Once our embryo was transferred different nurses handled my follow up and it was terrible. I had to wait 3 days to hear the results of my beta hCG (5 days actually if you include the weekend.) I emailed two different nurses that were suppose to be handling my case and called once a day everyday. Finally someone called to give me my results (neither one of the nurses ever emailed me back). The whole experience had left me very discouraged and stressed out. Since I live 5 hours away from the clinic they were not quick to send BW or ultrasound orders. My OB office had to call twice to have an ultrasound order sent as well as my records. They only sent 1 orders so I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks then not another one until 12 weeks. I know if I had been living in Columbus I would have been monitored more closely during the early weeks of pregnancy. I had such a positive experience with the clinic up until the time of the transfer and was very disappointed with the communication of the nurses post FET.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I think this clinic is truly amazing. They are very organized and on top of things. I did explain my poor experience with the nursing staff post transfer but I feel if you live in Columbus most people would have a great all around experience.
The total cost including PGS and medications was $21,000
Dr. Jain would only transfer 1 embryo at a time until we've had 2 unsuccessful transfers. Then he would transfer 2.
+ Read more- Read less

We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor [Dr. Maseelall]. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]....This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor to spend more time explaining the situation, the plan moving forward and to actually deliver the news herself rather than relying on her lab techs and nurses to do so.
Don't expect a lot of help if you are dealing with male infertility. You will immediately be referred to a Urology specialist and told to contact Dr. Maseelall's office once you meet with the urologist and know what he recommends. We have basically been completely handed off with no direction or assistance or even hope of finding a good solution.
This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible. Expect to wait weeks or months to get an appointment and most disappointing of all the Dr. did not even give our diagnosis in person but rather a lab tech called to tell us the disappointing news.
I would say the nursing staff has been the most helpful and compassionate of all. They were always friendly and tried to supply answers and explain the situation if possible. They were very gentle and acted like they cared.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic. I am the type of person that wants answers and would like someone to be there to help me when needed, especially if I am shelling out thousands of dollars. I do like the convenient location and the fact that the labs and semen analysis labs are all contained within their office, the external hospital labs are right downstairs so this really helps if you are in a time crunch. Overall however we are not overly impressed and we have started to explore other options and doctors.
+ Read more- Read less

I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations.... Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment.
The clinic staff [Reproductive Gynecology] is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.... The nursing staff is willing to answer questions and follow through with requests. However, they are often left in the dark by Dr. Maseelall and other doctors.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment. She also often rushes through consolations, which may make you feel as if another appointment is more important. Lastly, her office at times is poor at returning calls or following through with actions unless you remind them, such as providing records to another doctor.
Be aware that Dr. Maseelall and her staff may not return calls or may rush through appointments. You must be willing to slow her down during an appointment or constantly be willing to have follow-up calls to check in, which can be difficult emotionally especially when you just find out about infertility.
I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations. Her office at times would also be quite poor about returning calls.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic staff is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The nursing staff [Reproductive Gynecology] all knows my name, my husbands name, and our situation. They are always so compassionate and friendly from check in to check out.... Their strengths are EVERYTHING. There is seriously not one thing I was ever upset about. I have never been happier and more comfortable at a Doctors office. The receptionist, nurses, and all the doctors CARE. They all stay updated on your journey and know who you are as a person and a patient.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Priya Maseelall is AMAZING! From my first consult with her to still working with her at every appointment. She genuinely cares about my husband and I and our situation. Her goal is to get us pregnant ASAP in the most cost effective way, she understands the financial struggles through all of this and ho expensive it can be. When she found out I had low AMH levels at 28, she called me right away and told me we HAVE to be more aggressive I need to get you pregnant ASAP. Hearing those words reassured me I was at the right place with the right Doctor. I had bounced around from my OBGYN to an Endocrinologist to getting so much blood work, MRI, and other costly tests done all for them not to have any answers. I was referred to this clinic by friends who have achieved pregnancy through them and I felt "at home" from my first appointment. You can tell how much Priya cares about each of her patients and she is an amazing support system through the process. She answers all of our questions thoroughly and until we completely understand. She always reassures us and lets us know what our next options are so we can start planning if this option doesn't work. I can't recommend Priya Maseelall enough!!
She has great bed side manners and such a warm personality, but she is also blunt and will tell it like it is. I appreciate that, I don't like the beating around the bush. But, she always tells it the way it is without being harsh, she does it in such a kind way and that she really wants you to understand.
The nurses, receptionist, and Doctor all know me and my husband by name when we show up for the appointments. Even when I all in to ask a questions they know exactly who I am! They really care and are a great support system through this process.
I have been without a period for over a year, with no explanation from countless doctors or tests. Once I saw Priya Maseelall at my first visit, she looked over all my labs and results and said I have a strong suspicion you have a low egg count, so time is not on our side. We started Clomid and the trigger shot right away, she explained when exactly to take the medicine and shot. I then started progesterone pills after that. She let us know when to do times intercourse and the pregnancy test. My first pregnancy test was negative , so I stopped the progesterone and she reassured me I would have a period because it thickened my lining. I was actually excited I FINALLY got a period and felt like I was on the right path. Of course, I was upset I didn't have a positive pregnancy test also. I started another round of Clomid, went to the Doctor yesterday and she said I had 3 great eggs and a much thicker lining. They did the shot in the office and told us when to do timed intercourse and when to start progesterone again. She also tells me which day to take the pregnancy tests. I am waiting to see how this round turns out. But, with my low ovarian reserve, she let us know next step is to repeat Clomid and shot but try IUI. If that doesn't work we need to look into IVF or start fertility shots. She let us know the cost, benefits, down sides, and side effects of each. They are always so thorough and making sure you leave understanding everything and feel comfortable. They also provide me with pre-natals so I never run out!
The nursing staff all knows my name, my husbands name, and our situation. They are always so compassionate and friendly from check in to check out.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Their strengths are EVERYTHING. There is seriously not one thing I was ever upset about. I have never been happier and more comfortable at a Doctors office. The receptionist, nurses, and all the doctors CARE. They all stay updated on your journey and know who you are as a person and a patient. You can tell each worker there genuinely cares and their goal is to get you pregnant!! The only thing I could think to change is if appointments before yours run long, you have to wait, but I think it is like that everywhere so it doesn't bother me too much. I felt so hopeless and lost going from Doctor to Doctor, it wasn't until I started seeing RGI that I felt peace, a sense of calm, and that I was in the right hands and place. If you are in the NE OH area they are the only Doctors I would recommend for infertility.
I pay $60 every visit for my co-pay. My Clomid is around $20 a prescription, my trigger shots are around $105, and my progesterone was around $40. My tests, blood work, lab work has probably totaled close to a few thousand dollars by now.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] overall is very nice looking and very clean! They have baby wipes in each room and each room is very upscale. This “upscale” look can be both bad and good because the cost of all this is so expensive you wonder where the money is going. I do like that I’m in a nice place though. I also like that it’s small and easy to get around.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain welcomes you with open arms and goes over every detail of your plan with you. We are religious and he was very understanding of how we wanted to proceed after our last IUI failed. He’s so compassionate and takes his time with you in each appointment. I never felt rushed with him ever. He has a certain quality that is just very trusting and his bedside manner could not be better. I have worked with a lot of doctors in my past (being a corpmans in the military) and he is just a stand out from all the rest. He understands his job and how emotional it is for us patients. I had a page of questions I wanted answered and he sat there and answered each one! Just so caring and overall wonderful at his job. Very very gentil as well
Go see him now! It takes about a month to get an initial appointment so I wouldn’t waste any time.
Dr. Jain has a certain quality about him that allows you to feel comfortable and confident in him. He talks to you with respect and understanding. Nothing you say to him in your consult will surprise him and he is very welcoming, he even made me laugh a little. He does an initial ultrasound at your first appointment (the other clinic did not) where he looks at your follicles and tries to get a overall look at your fertility health, he also ordered blood work to look for all indicators on why I had not gotten pregnant in the past, instead on just pushing another IUI on me like the other clinic did. He is very smart and wants to genuinely help you achieve your goal!!! I just can’t express enough on how wonderful he has made me feel since seeing him. He has a wonderful bedside manner and remembers me each time I see him. I am not just a number to him.
By the time I see him, I had already had 3 IUIs but no work up done on my own body. Dr. Jain told me that after listening to me tell him about my history he believes I probably have endometriosis but we would not be able to tell without surgery and at this point surgery isn’t the answer. He recommended IVF off the bat. With it being so expensive, he said we could try 1 more IUI with his protocol. His clinic looks at the sperm on a more molecular level and he would be able to get a better idea on why I was not getting pregnant. After consult, he did an initial ultrasound where he looked at my existing follicles. Here is where I found out I had a diminished egg reserve. He put me on some over the counter medicine (Cosequin and DHEA) to help with egg quality. He also did blood work to get actual numbers. At the IUI, he told me that my husbands sperm was not where he would like it to be but it’s not terrible. He only recommended 1 IUI and if it failed to consider IVF sooner than later because of my own egg health. We are now in the process of IVF and I feel very confident in him. He sat with me for about an hour and went over every step. We have to do IVF with ICSY because of my low egg count and my husbands motility issues. This is allow more of my eggs to get fertilized than the traditional IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
All the nurses have been so wonderful and so nice at every appointment. I just got assigned my IVF coordinator and my only complaint from her is that sometimes it’s confusing on when things should be ordered or when medicine should be taken. But she has been very responsive to my emails and questions which is a huge plus!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic overall is very nice looking and very clean! They have baby wipes in each room and each room is very upscale. This “upscale” look can be both bad and good because the cost of all this is so expensive you wonder where the money is going. I do like that I’m in a nice place though. I also like that it’s small and easy to get around.
My copay each visit was $30 (I have ok insurance that covers any preliminary fertility). IUI are not covered by my insurance and it was $500, IVF with ICSY is $14,500 and meds for IVF are $6300.
I would like to have more than one embryo put in but because of my age (under 35) it’s recommended only 1 is put in at a time. I trust this is the right step even though I would prefer 2
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Priya Maseelall] is very kind and caring. She layed out a plan A, B and C before we had to make a choice how we wanted to proceed. I felt informed and in control of my care. When I told her we were preparing for more aggressive treatment she literally squealed with excitement for us!... 150mg clomid days 3-7. The idea being that more targets would hopefully be easier to hit for my husbands 3% normal semen. Moving onto iui while on my final round of clomid. This was her original recommendation. We dont expect iui to be successful and will move on to IVF in the new year.
RGI has a few locations making it easy to get to and also to get seen. I was unable to make the availanke times work at my home location for one particular ultrasound, so they offered me aome alternative times at a near by location. But the biggest strength RGI has is that all the doctors there have personallu experienced infertility personally. I believe this has lead to an exceptional standard of care and a really caring approach.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is very kind and caring. She layed out a plan A, B and C before we had to make a choice how we wanted to proceed. I felt informed and in control of my care. When I told her we were preparing for more aggressive treatment she literally squealed with excitement for us!
Air you concerns but at the end of the day is my only regret is not taking her recommended course of action right away.
She is so sweet and genuinely seems like she she is as I vested in getting you pregnant as you are.
I honestly dont find them particularly memorable. But that's not a bad thing, more like you dont notice your car when its running well. They seem like a well oiled machine doing a great job.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
So far i have only had a comprehensive work up under her care and 5x cycles of clomid. Most of the diagnostice testing was covered by my insurance but the staff were thorough in checking what i could get covered and what i couldnt. So so far it has been bery affordable
Has not applied to me yet

2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He [Dr. Jain] did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.... I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended.
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They [Reproductive Gynecology- Westerville] have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses
2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.
My advice is the same for any fertility doctor, have them explain all procedures and outcomes in detail. Some times I feel like I'm missing bits and pieces of info that would help my understanding of the process.
I don't feel like a number because I am addressed by name and not my account information. The nurses and doctor are readily available to answer questions.
I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended. We had one full cycle with first donor, but embryos were low quality, transfer was negative, and extra embryos weren't good enough to freeze. Second donor cycle was cancelled before transfer when donor wasn't responding to the drugs as well as hoped. Donors 3-4 were tested, but didn't meet the requirements. Donor 5 was a good candidate, but had to back out due to an injury. Donor 6 was successful in that we got 12 quality embryos to freeze: After a negative test and a miscarriage, we did PGS testing. 7 of 10 embryos tested were abnormal. Had two transfers of “normal” embryos which ended in chemical pregnancy and a misacarriage. During the first donor egg cycle I was synced to donor, so I had prenatal vitamins and folbic tablet, birth control pills, then lupron, estrogen, and eventually progesterone shots. There were some meds taken around time of transfer, such as antibiotics as prep. This current cycle I am not syncing to the donor's cycle, so there is no lupron, but the rest of the meds are pretty similar, except this time I have an additional thyroid med due to low TSH. Because of recurrent miscarriage was tested for clotting issues, but none found.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: In the beginning yes, but not now)
When we started, Betheen took care of the IVF patients and was readily available to answer questions, but she retired. Lately, it’s a small group of nurses who take turns responding, but I do have nurses’ email and doctor’s email and phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses (in a legible form that wasn't in office codes). The drop off for semen samples is not more than a hallway leading to a window with a couple of chairs to the side and can be awkward if someone's waiting there and another person has to drop off, mainly due to cramped quarters. Some times they over book and can run late, which is not fun on a Monday or Saturday morning when it seems very busy.
This is an estimate... about $22k total for a cycle: donor drugs, egg retrieval, embryology, and transfer (no freezing). Freezing embryos for my second cycle was $1k extra. Donor drugs are around $3-3500 of that $22k. My drug costs have ranged from $500-750 per cycle and not part of the $22k. IUIs were $500 and extra for the drugs (clomid was ~$25, can't remember how much follistim and HcG chot were).
I prefer single transfer. The last four transfers have been singles. For the last attempt, due to low quality of embryos, two were transferred, but that didn't work.
+ Read more- Read less

When Dr. Jain entered the office he didn't introduce himself or shake our hands. He spent about 30 minutes talking to us about our previous experience with failed fertility treatments, which made me cry at points, and he failed to show any empathy or even offer tissue.... The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.... Not sure how I feel about this yet, but our nurse prefers to communicate via email instead of phone....
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems. Dr. Jain spoke off the cuff, which again, I appreciated because my previous RE was *very* reheared. After speaking with Dr. Jain in his office, he suggested we move to a procedure room in order to perform an AFC. I was grateful for this because after treatment with my previous RE, an AFC had never been performed at baseline. The bad: Dr. Jain spent a good time blaming my previous RE, calling his techniques antiquated and completely based on a handful of old case studies. The ugly: Dr. Jain's bluntness often borders on rudeness. He was generally unpleasant and didn't introduce himself or shake our hands upon meeting or finishing our appointment.
Prepare yourself for a RE who lacks bedside manner.
I'm currently under the agonist protocol, priming with a short cycle of birth control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.
$7,600 with embryo freezing.
Dr. Jain said that we could decide if we wanted him to transfer 1-2 embryos.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Jain definitely is definitely determined to help us achieve pregnancy. But at every appointment we usually have to remind him of our history and what we've already been through...has been great at determining a plan of action to help us achieve our dream of having a baby. He is always willing to answer any questions we have. He is somewhat blunt with his responses but as a woman going through infertility I prefer this, instead of having my hopes up every cycle and then being destroyed if the treatment isn't successful.
They provide quick responses over the phone to schedule appointments and have worked well with us to help educate us on giving an HCG trigger shot at home, as well as the timing of the IUI...I pay $200 for every ultrasound, $125 for a trigger shot and $500 for an IUI...The waiting area is very nice. I appreciate that they have someone on staff to draw blood work instead of having to travel elsewhere. They also have a lab onsite for sperm analysis and preparations for an IUI. The exam rooms are always clean and prepared for my appointment.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has been great at determining a plan of action to help us achieve our dream of having a baby. He is always willing to answer any questions we have. He is somewhat blunt with his responses but as a woman going through infertility I prefer this, instead of having my hopes up every cycle and then being destroyed if the treatment isn't successful.
Be prepared for him to give it to you straight. He won't sugar coat his reponses about your condition.
We used clomid and ultrasound monitoring for our cycles. We used ultrasound monitoring to observe the follicles as they were approaching ovulation. I only have one fallopian tube so if I had follicles on the good side we were able to use ultrasound to observe them and prepare for an IUI. If they we're not on the good side then he would advise to have timed intercourse at home.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I do not have insurance that covers fertility treatments so I pay $200 for every ultrasound, $125 for a trigger shot and $500 for an IUI.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Priya Maseelall] talked to us like people, however, did not explain as much as I had wished she did...She is a very sweet person, however, I believe that she gave us a sort of false hope as to the likelihood of getting pregnant. I have been a patient since early 2017 and have continued into 2018 as we are now looking into additional options of trying to conceive...IVF cycle after a tube removal and removal of "sever" endometriosis. Injections produced 5 egg, 1 embryo from there. Frozen transfer. In preparation of the transfer, the uterine lining was not thickening tried estrogen and progesterone in oil. Did not work. Then we tried it "naturally" result was that the lining thickened up and completed a transfer.
Strength [at Reproductive Gynecology]: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation...I had an HSG completed by Dr. Nash. After, he had told me "everything is good" I responded, "the tubes are open?" "yes". I was elated, however, the next day I had gotten a call that I needed surgery because of a hydrosalpinx that needed to be removed and the doctor may remove both tubes. I was then devastated.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
To ask as many questions as possible, it is the doctor's duty to inform you of every possibility and/or outcome.
She talked to us like people, however, did not explain as much as I had wished she did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Michelle and Emily were excellent. Quick to return a phone call and took the time needed to demonstrate and explain everything.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strength: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation. Example: me "so once the embryo is transferred there wouldn't be any issues with it implanting and me carrying a baby right?" "no, of course not, your problem is the ovaries, not the uterus:- Dr. M. I did not anticipate that the transfer would be unsuccessful because of "egg quality" due to "major damage" from endometritis and 2 surgeries that had taken place 6 months prior.
IVF cost to the doctor alone was about $12,000.00
None. I am under 35 so a transfer of 1 embryo made sense.

2013 - 2018
I love that we got to meet such a caring, down to earth, very passionate and honest doctor [Dr. Priya Maseelall]! She goes out of her way to make sure everything is being done that’s possible to do for her patients! She makes us feel very confident after every appointment that we understood anything we might of not understood or had questions about! ... When we first found out about my husbands low sperm count it was during our iui treatment. The doctor was very understand on us still wanting to continue to ivf instead of doing more iui treatments that would not result in a pregnancy at all because of his low sperm counts.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I love that we got to meet such a caring, down to earth, very passionate and honest doctor! She goes out of her way to make sure everything is being done that’s possible to do for her patients! She makes us feel very confident after every appointment that we understood anything we might of not understood or had questions about! If anyone has any doubts about fertility doctors please do not doubt this doctor she’s amazing in every way that you want your fertility doctor to be amazing at! The nurses in the clinic are so welcoming and always happy to see you and your journey no matter the outcome! Everyone goes above and beyond in the office and I could not be more happy that we found this clinic of nurses and our doctor! This journey has been hard on us but they all have made it much easier and more calm for us! I hope that more patients will choose this doctor and office to continue on their fertility journey with because it was the best decision we made in our journey!!
This doctor is very passionate about her job and her patients! I could not ask for a better doctor! She’s amazing and the best at what she does!
When we first found out about my husbands low sperm count it was during our iui treatment. The doctor was very understand on us still wanting to continue to ivf instead of doing more iui treatments that would not result in a pregnancy at all because of his low sperm counts. She was and has been very helpful during this entire journey!
The nursing staff is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a very warm welcoming feel when you come in the front door! Everyone one is so nice that you meet and really gets to know you and remembers you when you come back each time no matter how much time has passed since your last appointment! The only thing I would say is parking sometimes does get full but there is always a parking space even though it’s packed sometimes!! They also give you parking tokens so never worry about paying for parking!
We did not have insurance to pay for any of our journey while undergoing fertility treatments so we paid mostly out of pocket!
For my age we discussed only doing one embryo which I was perfectly fine with!

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need.... The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment.... One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need. One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
Schedule appointments on days that you have a lot of time.
He was personable and took time to talk with us and answer our questions.
The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months. My husband was treated for 3 months with Clomid to raise testosterone levels which did rise after one month and are waiting the results of the 3 month semen analysis. We will go back for further treatment after those results come back.
They are very friendly and personable. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable even in uncomfortable situations.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment. They give you detailed information about scheduling tests(ex. semen analysis) so you know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.
Each appointment was $120 which we paid $40 copay. Each semen analysis was $200 out of pocket. My endometriosis surgery was over $8,000(about 80% was covered by insurance). My husband's Clomid prescription was about $10 a month.

2008 - 2018
Dr. Nash is a wonderful and caring doctor. He always greets you by name and with a smile on his face. Every appointment he wants to make sure that we are still on track with trying to have a baby. At the end of every appointment we always go over the next steps and he always ask if I don't understand anything. What I like most about him is that he genuinely cares for his patients by volunteering his personal time in different community events to raise money for IVF.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is well staff with nurses and doctors who are very informational. The office is clean and has private rooms for your family. They are located within a hospital which gives the convenience of blood work and other test because you don't have to walk very far. One thing that they can work to improve is patient wait time. I have waited for up to 45 minutes just to be seen due to overbooking.... I greatly appreciated that the nursing staff
2008 - 2018
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
One piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is to never go into his office with a perceived notion. In many appointments I went into his office with a negative mindset that he wouldn't be able to help me but to my surprise he always had different options. Whether is be a different form of medication or a surgery that he was able to perform, either way I always left satisfied.
Dr. Nash and his team has always greeted my husband and I by name rather than just another appointment. Throughout my visits with Dr. Nash I always have appreciated that he was able to tell me straight forward the good news also bad. As a doctor he makes it a point to form a relationship with his patients by showing compassion during the times when we need it the most.
I greatly appreciated that the nursing staff always operated in privacy from the financial aspect to our actual go forward plan. Dealing with infertility can be embarrassing if you are still learning the entirety of its nature and how to accept it. They were always compassionate and positive after each appointment.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is well staff with nurses and doctors who are very informational. The office is clean and has private rooms for your family. They are located within a hospital which gives the convenience of blood work and other test because you don't have to walk very far. One thing that they can work to improve is patient wait time. I have waited for up to 45 minutes just to be seen due to overbooking.
I have had 3 different surgeries with doctor Nash dealing with my tubal blockage totaling around $20,000. My current plan for IVF is $8,000 and medications $3,000-$7,000. My insurance doesn't cover any of that.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Joain] takes your case seriously. However, the drawback to this is he is overworked and very busy. He often has his phone out during your appointment, and is texting - probably a medically related matter to another case- but nonetheless, it’s a little frustrating when you need his undivided attention. He tells it like it is- if you are looking for a passive, sugar coating doctor he is not that.
You get to know the doctor, nurses, lab people. It’s not a big clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] in Columbus. But they are getting so busy and popular. It means they batch patients ( common in smaller clinics I heard) so you may have to wait to start your ivf cycle or fet. ... You always waited once you showed up for appointment, maybe 20 minutes. And then waited for him to come in, maybe another 15. But it’s a busy place with one doc!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is one of the hardest working doctors I’ve ever seen. He does it all , with the help of his great nurses, without the aid of other doctors really. He owns the entire process of your care, start to finish. Now, this is a great thing because you can trust HE will be the one helping get you pregnant. He takes your case seriously. However, the drawback to this is he is overworked and very busy. He often has his phone out during your appointment, and is texting - probably a medically related matter to another case- but nonetheless, it’s a little frustrating when you need his undivided attention. He tells it like it is- if you are looking for a passive, sugar coating doctor he is not that. He gives you the facts, which I personally appreciated, despite the somewhat rough package they could come in. That being said, he wont waste your time. He will do the best course for you to have a baby, as fast as possible. I got pregnant from my first ever transfer and am now in my third trimester. He didn’t fill my head with allusions that an IUI would work for us. It wasn’t going to, to doing IVF sooner was the best decision bc in 2 months I get to meet my son.
Know your goals, know your budget and be ready to get a plan in place. He is ready to help, if you are ready to move forward with his plan. You will hear your real odds and how to achieve success.
Doctor Jain remember details Of my personal life I shared with him on subsequent visits. I do feel like he wanted me to succeed, not just for him/ his stats, but because he wanted us to be parents.
We used an antagonist protocol. He really worked with us, as we had a family trip as i started stims and we figured it out so I could still start. 375 gonal f, 150 menopur, 75 cetrotide after 5 days. He adjusted after a week or so bc I had some big eggs, we wanted to try to get more little ones to To catch up. He Said our goal was 12, with my diminished reserve. He retrieved 16, 13 mature. 11 fertilized with icsi. Unfortunately, only 4! Made it to day 5 and frozen. Probably due to my egg quality. Sent out for pgs and 2 normal. FET the next month and BFP!! First transfer :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel)
Not enough good things to say about the nurses. They care for you, they want the best for you, and are always willing to go the extra mile!! I have a few of their personal cell phone numbers in case I had questions, needed help with injections, questions before I go transferred to my obgyb.. they were just amazing.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are great because your care really stays in one team. You get to know the doctor, nurses, lab people. It’s not a big clinic in Columbus. But they are getting so busy and popular. It means they batch patients ( common in smaller clinics I heard) so you may have to wait to start your ivf cycle or fet. They can’t have patients at various stages, they need to keep them together Or they’d be overwhelmed. As it is, dr Jain needs a full time other doctor bc he has his hands full. Really full. But he knows how good he is, and probably doesn’t want to bring someone else in that he can’t control their performance/ outcome ( my opinion)
Our insurance helped a lot! But pgs was not covered- $4k for up to 8 embryos. We paid right about $7-8 , including the pgs, for one ivf cycle with icsi, and the frozen transfer. Including meds, iui’s, sperm analysis, blood work
He said due to my age (29) he would not transfer both my pgs normal embryos. It was a risk to me me and the babies. I think it was the right call as I got pregnant.
+ Read more- Read less

His decisions are always based on what will get us to our goal most successfully, with the least amount of hardship on our behalf. I have never had a doctor who provided as much face-to-face interaction, which during the stages of IVF is so incredibly comforting. ... Dr. Jain is a warm, compassionate and vibrant doctor. ... Dr. Jain’s expertise is evident from the first meeting; I remember feeling intense relief and rekindled hope after my very first consult with him. ...
Strengths are it’s visually pleasant; always spotless, smells good in the waiting room, front desk staff is always smiling an friendly and remember my name each time I come in. ... Even the embryoologists and lab tech are so friendly. ... They rooms are always spotless, bathrooms are impeccable. Nice bright lighting, location is easily accessible. ... It is a very busy clinic, yet always maintains is professional standards to give the patients the best.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a warm, compassionate and vibrant doctor. He sees the positive of every situation, and really pushes for the best possible outcome regardless of the potential time investment involved. His decisions are always based on what will get us to our goal most successfully, with the least amount of hardship on our behalf. I have never had a doctor who provided as much face-to-face interaction, which during the stages of IVF is so incredibly comforting. Dr. Jain’s expertise is evident from the first meeting; I remember feeling intense relief and rekindled hope after my very first consult with him. I am sure I am not the only patient whom he has made feel like they can have faith again, and restored our belief in that one day we can in fact have our dreams come true.
Trust the process, and believe in him. He’ll do everything he can to make your dreams come true.
Dr. Jain is the first doctor to give me hope. On our first consult, he reviewed my file and explained to me why IVF CAN work for us. He was realistic about our expectations given my age and my physiological history, but he was encouraging, positive, and hopeful. At that point, that was all we needed. And all along this process, he has been so involved I couldn’t be more grateful for his support and the warmth from his staff as well.
antagonist protocol with hmg and fsh with preimplantation genetic screening
Caring, and very prompt and consistent with communication. They are all so friendly and engaging, and very compassionate. One nurse even came by to my house to help give me IM progesterone shots when my husband was out of town. They are all incredible, I love them all. It is a reflection of Dr. Jain that he has chosen such a warm, empathetic and compassionate staff to work with his patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths are it’s visually pleasant; always spotless, smells good in the waiting room, front desk staff is always smiling an friendly and remember my name each time I come in. They rooms are always spotless, bathrooms are impeccable. Nice bright lighting, location is easily accessible. No cons to be honest. It’s the nicest clinic I’ve been to, and it is always a pleasant experience. It is a very busy clinic, yet always maintains is professional standards to give the patients the best. Even the embryoologists and lab tech are so friendly.
eSET was the only option given
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Jain was very straightforward and honest with me since the first consultation. He knew exactly what he was doing and everything about my case. This gave me a lot of confidence during the process He wanted to understand the reason why I was not getting pregnant and work on a customized plan for me. The first time I went through IVF with another doctor he did not even test me for egg quality or reserve since he assumed that this was not my issue because of my age
The clinic [Reproductive Gynocology] is new, clean and has everything you need (lab, "surgery room", ultrasound machines). The only weakness is that sometimes Dr Jain runs late... $1,700 - medications $11,000 - LAB and PGS (out of network) I am not sure about the in network portion (Dr visit, ultrasounds, bloodwrodk etc) because this was covered by my insurance... I wanted to transfer only one embryo and Dr Jain was aligned with that approach.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would strongly recommend Dr Jain for anyone in the area suffering from infertility. He sets real expectations, treats you like a human being and does everything he can to achieve a positive outcome.
Trust that Dr Jain will take care of you and do everything that is possible to achieve a positive outcome. He is brutally honest and sometimes can "scare" you with all risks and possibilities, but he is the best.
I think I've used the antagonist protocol with Menopur, Gonal F and Cetroide. My trigger shot was with Lupron. Dr Jain wanted me in the maximum dosage of medication since I have DOR and I ended up having 10 eggs.
Megan was great, very responsive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is new, clean and has everything you need (lab, "surgery room", ultrasound machines). The only weakness is that sometimes Dr Jain runs late....

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Jain is very attentive and treats every patient differently. He even texts me on evening/weekends to check in on me and answer any questions I have.... We did 3 IUIs with letrozole. We did an egg retrieval with Menopur and Follustim. We did this twice. Our first egg retrieval we PGS tested our embryos and had 2 chromosomally normal embryos. We transferred one successfully as a frozen 5 Day embryo but lost the heart beat for unknown reasons at 10 weeks.
RGI is a great clinic. State of the art facility with in house surgical suite and embryology lab. The embryologist are fantastic. The girl who draws blood is incredible. The only weakness is communication and organization at times. But I would recommend them to anyone!... Nothing has gone wrong, just having to reach out for more information due to poor communication at times. This is with 1 nurse only. Fortunately, Dr Jain is easily accessible 24/7 via his cell phone
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Jain is a very busy guy. But he makes time to answer questions, talk to you on the phone and/or text you. He is very good at what he does. Although we have not had a baby yet, I feel like he will not give up.
Be patient but know that Dr Jain is great.
We did 3 IUIs with letrozole. We did an egg retrieval with Menopur and Follustim. We did this twice. Our first egg retrieval we PGS tested our embryos and had 2 chromosomally normal embryos. We transferred one successfully as a frozen 5 Day embryo but lost the heart beat for unknown reasons at 10 weeks. I had to have a d&c and then a second d&c 6 weeks later for retained fetal tissue. Due to only having 1 PGS normal embryo remaining, we finally had another egg retrieval using the same protocol. This was delayed several months due to lining not thick enough, fluid in my uterus, etc. Our 2nd retrieval we got 3 normal PGS embryos leaving us with 4 total. For my first (somewhat successsful FET) we used estradiol. My subsequent FETs, my lining wasn’t thick enough with estradiol. We did 2 FETs with Tamoxifen. Lining was decent but both chemical pregnancies. This last FET we used Letrozole. Awaiting my beta tomorrow!
Many of the nurses are great! There is one nurse who is very disorganized with poor communication, but still worth going there.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$500 per IUI. About $18,000-$20,000 per IVF cycle, including the cost of meds. Plus some costs for routine appointments, d&cs etc. We have probably spent about $45,000 over the last year and a half.
I am 34. He will only transfer 1 embryo for me. Trust me, I’ve tried to get him to transfer 2

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
The nurses [at Reproductive Gynecology] are great! At times the communication could have been better but I ALWAYS got a quick call back and response from them when needed. They are all so caring and make you feel like you’re a real human and want the best for you...IUI- $500.00...Well during this time we found out I was pregnant (with my third pregnancy). Dr. Jain did not wait and did an ultrasound immediately and discovered it was an ectopic.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has gone above and beyond for me. My story is long but shows just how much Dr. Jain cares about his patients. I unfortunately experienced a very scary time while in his care. We had done an IUI which was unsuccessful and we’re told to take a break while we completed more genetic testing. I was found to be a carrier of spinal muscular atrophy and we needed to have my husband tested. Fortunately he was not a carrier and we were told we could try another round on IUI (6th total, 2nd with Dr. Jain) after another cycle since I would be out of the country for my next cycle. Well during this time we found out I was pregnant (with my third pregnancy). Dr. Jain did not wait and did an ultrasound immediately and discovered it was an ectopic. He treated it aggressively per my request but my ectopic continued to grow. Dr. Jain checked in on me via texting almost daily (even when he was out of town spending time with his family). I ended up in the ER one night thinking my tube had ruptured. Dr. Jain stayed on the phone with me till 11pm and called the ER doctor on call to make sure he was following the best plan of care and was trying to find childcare so he could rush to the hospital if I needed him. I fortunately did not need surgery but Dr. Jain called me the next morning To check in. He is amazing and made me feel at ease during a very scary time. We’ve discussed my options and both feel that IVF is the safest option for me at this point. I know we have sometime to wait for financial reasons but I would not have anyone else on my team for the next part of our journey! I feel very lucky to be under his care.
Dr. Jain has a dry sense of humor and can be very blunt. I appreciate this in a doctor but can understand how it may come off to others. Dr. Jain May check his phone during an appointment with you but after being on the other side of things, as a patient who needed his immediate attention, I can respect that and know that he is listening and making sure ALL of his patients are taken care of.
Clovis and IUI- I responded very well to both. Although I have experienced miscarriages I specifically asked to continue with IUI for a few more cycles Methotrexate- to treat my ectopic pregnancy. I wanted to avoid surgery and the loss of my tube at all costs.
The nurses are great! At times the communication could have been better but I ALWAYS got a quick call back and response from them when needed. They are all so caring and make you feel like you’re a real human and want the best for you.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths- always find one for your appointments. They also have an amazing lab staff that is quick. Weakness- getting ahold of the front fest can be difficult at times. I wish they had longer Friday hours.
IUI- $500.00
Not sure yet- will learn more in the next few weeks.
+ Read more- Read less

I am so thankful we found dr Mooney. We always felt taken care of and like he truly cared about us succeeding at starting a family. There were a few appointments I felt confused when I left and had to call back in the office to clarify medication or when to start it, etc. but over all our experience with Dr. Mooney has been fantastic.... Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics [rom Reproductive Gynecology] because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He tells it like it is so you have to be okay with a blunt doctor.
It doesn’t matter how busy dr Mooney is it if he comes in late for a consult, when you’re in the room with him you have his undivided attention. You are the most important thing in that moment. He’s great for a pep talk after a negative cycle, as well.
Our very firsy protocol was trying clomid + trigger shot. We thought I just needed to ovulate and we’d be pregnant but I started my period before the two week wait was up so the next cycle we did clomid + trigger shot + progesterone. This cycle failed as well so we scheduled the next cycle the same way but also made an appt for a consult to discuss the next step for us. Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working. So, we had a consult and decided to try IUI with cycles 4-6 and then starting with cycle 7, move on to IVF if I’m not pregnant yet. He wasn’t necessarily confident in the IUI working because we have no make factor and my only Issue is low egg count. But with insurance requirements, I had to complete 6 cycles before moving into something else so the idea was, “why not?” We had nothing to lose. We switched to letrozole + trigger + IUI + progesterone. We are currently on cycle 5 in total, the second IUI cycle. If this cycle doesn’t work, we will do one more and move on to IVF.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would want a new patient to know that it is very difficult to get an actual Person on the phone. Be prepared to leave messages and wait by your phone for a call back. It would also be stellar to know up front about any costs that you will need to pay for up front so you come prepared, and don’t have to scramble. If the office was more organized and communicated better I think this would be a much less stressful experience.
Each IUI cycle is roughly $1200 for us WITH insurance. We’ve spent roughly 10-12 thousand between all the diagnostic procedures, ultrasounds, and cycles.
+ Read more- Read less

I love having Priya [Dr. Maseelall] as my doctor! She’s kind, but also blunt about the next steps that need to be taken. She is very knowledgeable and will take all the right steps to help you along the journey of infertility.... I was diagnosed with PCOS. She did an ultrasound and blood work to confirm it. I then had an endometrial biopsy done to determine if I had what’s called “hyperplasia”. It was determined I had “simple hyperplasia” which is where my cells crowded together and became abnormal. Because of this, Priya put me on “Megace” for 3 months to get my cells back to normal. She also put me on Merformin to help with my PCOS. I had to return and get another biopsy done to make sure my cells were normal (which they were!).
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is amazing! You get in fast, get out in a timely manner, and everything is handled professionally. I love everyone at this clinic! From the ladies at the front desk, to the nurses, doctors and financial advisor, everyone here is amazing and super helpful!... Michelle [a nurse] is amazing! She is there for you when needed, even if you feel like you are just calling to have a “dumb question” answered. She’s always there to help and returns your calls promptly. She makes you feel like part of her family!
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I love having Priya as my doctor! She’s kind, but also blunt about the next steps that need to be taken. She is very knowledgeable and will take all the right steps to help you along the journey of infertility.
Just be sure you ask all the questions you would like to have answered. That’s what they are there for and they are more than happy to rid you of any confusion and help you to become more comfortable with this process!
Every time I enter the office, I am greeted with a smile! My appointment is very professional but Priya also makes me feel like she’s interested in my life other than jus my infertility. She makes it easy to talk to her and feel comfortable!
I was diagnosed with PCOS. She did an ultrasound and blood work to confirm it. I then had an endometrial biopsy done to determine if I had what’s called “hyperplasia”. It was determined I had “simple hyperplasia” which is where my cells crowded together and became abnormal. Because of this, Priya put me on “Megace” for 3 months to get my cells back to normal. She also put me on Merformin to help with my PCOS. I had to return and get another biopsy done to make sure my cells were normal (which they were!). I was then told we could begin the fertility treatment process, and we are now starting the process of IVF!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Atkins)
Michelle is amazing! She is there for you when needed, even if you feel like you are just calling to have a “dumb question” answered. She’s always there to help and returns your calls promptly. She makes you feel like part of her family!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is amazing! You get in fast, get out in a timely manner, and everything is handled professionally. I love everyone at this clinic! From the ladies at the front desk, to the nurses, doctors and financial advisor, everyone here is amazing and super helpful!
The only major costs were the cost of the IVF cycle, and the blood work. This is only because my insurance is not the greatest and did not cover much on the blood work aspect. My husbands insurance covered a lot of the IVF cycle!
We have not gotten to this point yet.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Mooney] always greeted me by name, and took time to explain things and answer my questions...I immediately liked and felt at ease with him. He was knowledgeable and professional, but could also be a “regular guy” and help you relax and feel more at ease. He does have a tendency to try and lighten the mood which I enjoyed but someone else might not...He would also listen to my requests for my treatment and explain why he would agree or disagree but in the end he let me have the final say which I really appreciated. I felt heard and treated with respect. The only “negative” I can say is that he can come off as slightly “cocky” sometimes, but overall I don’t think that’s too much of a bad thing because I want my doctor to be confident in his abilities.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] has multiple locations and extended hours including weekends so it is easy to get in at a time that works best for you. They were seemingly always running slightly behind, especially with afternoon appointments I would occasionally not go back until almost an hour after my appointment time. They also were not very sensitive when it comes to payment and they would not offer a payment plan when my insurance did not cover and I had to self pay. They did offer a self pay “discount” but every appointment cost at least $200 and I had them about once a week so it was very expensive and they didn’t seem to care or offer any alternatives.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
When I first met with Dr. Mooney for the consultation I immediately liked and felt at ease with him. He was knowledgeable and professional, but could also be a “regular guy” and help you relax and feel more at ease. He does have a tendency to try and lighten the mood which I enjoyed but someone else might not. He was always willing to answer my questions, I had a lot. He would also listen to my requests for my treatment and explain why he would agree or disagree but in the end he let me have the final say which I really appreciated. I felt heard and treated with respect. The only “negative” I can say is that he can come off as slightly “cocky” sometimes, but overall I don’t think that’s too much of a bad thing because I want my doctor to be confident in his abilities.
Speak up when you have questions or concerns, and be prepared for a lot of emotions.
He always greeted me by name, and took time to explain things and answer my questions.
I started off using clomid (50) and dexamethasone to stimulate ovulation and lower testosterone, respectively. That was unsuccessful so I moved on to clomid 100 and produced one follicle and used the “trigger shot” that I can’t remember the name of. That cycle was unsuccessful so we started again at 100, no results, moved up to 150 and actually missed ovulation by the time I went for the mid cycle ultrasound so that cycle was essentially a bust. Next tried 150 clomid again, no results so we moved on to letrozole and still continued the dexamethasone. The first cycle was unsuccessful but we repeated the same dosage and had two follicles form, used the trigger shot again and I requested to use IUI at that time. We ended up with a negative test and have not returned since.
The nursing staff was great, very friendly and sensitive to what I was going through. They were always willing to offer a smile or a hug, whatever I needed and I always felt like I was talking to friends when interacting with them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has multiple locations and extended hours including weekends so it is easy to get in at a time that works best for you. They were seemingly always running slightly behind, especially with afternoon appointments I would occasionally not go back until almost an hour after my appointment time. They also were not very sensitive when it comes to payment and they would not offer a payment plan when my insurance did not cover and I had to self pay. They did offer a self pay “discount” but every appointment cost at least $200 and I had them about once a week so it was very expensive and they didn’t seem to care or offer any alternatives.
Each ultrasound visit was $200 for self pay. IUI was $500. Semen analysis was around $150. Clomid, and letrozole costs were quite small. The ovidrel shot was approximately $100 but I had a “compassion care” discount through the pharmacy.