Reproductive Gynecology

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
95 Arch Street
330-452-6010
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 32Neutral: 10Don't recommend: 58.7
2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They [Reproductive Gynecology- Westerville] have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses
2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses (in a legible form that wasn't in office codes). The drop off for semen samples is not more than a hallway leading to a window with a couple of chairs to the side and can be awkward if someone's waiting there and another person has to drop off, mainly due to cramped quarters. Some times they over book and can run late, which is not fun on a Monday or Saturday morning when it seems very busy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I don't feel like a number because I am addressed by name and not my account information. The nurses and doctor are readily available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: In the beginning yes, but not now)
When we started, Betheen took care of the IVF patients and was readily available to answer questions, but she retired. Lately, it’s a small group of nurses who take turns responding, but I do have nurses’ email and doctor’s email and phone.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
My advice is the same for any fertility doctor, have them explain all procedures and outcomes in detail. Some times I feel like I'm missing bits and pieces of info that would help my understanding of the process.
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended. We had one full cycle with first donor, but embryos were low quality, transfer was negative, and extra embryos weren't good enough to freeze. Second donor cycle was cancelled before transfer when donor wasn't responding to the drugs as well as hoped. Donors 3-4 were tested, but didn't meet the requirements. Donor 5 was a good candidate, but had to back out due to an injury. Donor 6 was successful in that we got 12 quality embryos to freeze: After a negative test and a miscarriage, we did PGS testing. 7 of 10 embryos tested were abnormal. Had two transfers of “normal” embryos which ended in chemical pregnancy and a misacarriage. During the first donor egg cycle I was synced to donor, so I had prenatal vitamins and folbic tablet, birth control pills, then lupron, estrogen, and eventually progesterone shots. There were some meds taken around time of transfer, such as antibiotics as prep. This current cycle I am not syncing to the donor's cycle, so there is no lupron, but the rest of the meds are pretty similar, except this time I have an additional thyroid med due to low TSH. Because of recurrent miscarriage was tested for clotting issues, but none found.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
This is an estimate... about $22k total for a cycle: donor drugs, egg retrieval, embryology, and transfer (no freezing). Freezing embryos for my second cycle was $1k extra. Donor drugs are around $3-3500 of that $22k. My drug costs have ranged from $500-750 per cycle and not part of the $22k. IUIs were $500 and extra for the drugs (clomid was ~$25, can't remember how much follistim and HcG chot were).
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I prefer single transfer. The last four transfers have been singles. For the last attempt, due to low quality of embryos, two were transferred, but that didn't work.
Westerville
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.... Not sure how I feel about this yet, but our nurse prefers to communicate via email instead of phone....
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.
When Dr. Jain entered the office he didn't introduce himself or shake our hands. He spent about 30 minutes talking to us about our previous experience with failed fertility treatments, which made me cry at points, and he failed to show any empathy or even offer tissue.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems. Dr. Jain spoke off the cuff, which again, I appreciated because my previous RE was *very* reheared. After speaking with Dr. Jain in his office, he suggested we move to a procedure room in order to perform an AFC. I was grateful for this because after treatment with my previous RE, an AFC had never been performed at baseline. The bad: Dr. Jain spent a good time blaming my previous RE, calling his techniques antiquated and completely based on a handful of old case studies. The ugly: Dr. Jain's bluntness often borders on rudeness. He was generally unpleasant and didn't introduce himself or shake our hands upon meeting or finishing our appointment.
Prepare yourself for a RE who lacks bedside manner.
I'm currently under the agonist protocol, priming with a short cycle of birth control.
$7,600 with embryo freezing.
Dr. Jain said that we could decide if we wanted him to transfer 1-2 embryos.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
They provide quick responses over the phone to schedule appointments and have worked well with us to help educate us on giving an HCG trigger shot at home, as well as the timing of the IUI...I pay $200 for every ultrasound, $125 for a trigger shot and $500 for an IUI...The waiting area is very nice. I appreciate that they have someone on staff to draw blood work instead of having to travel elsewhere. They also have a lab onsite for sperm analysis and preparations for an IUI. The exam rooms are always clean and prepared for my appointment.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Jain definitely is definitely determined to help us achieve pregnancy. But at every appointment we usually have to remind him of our history and what we've already been through.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has been great at determining a plan of action to help us achieve our dream of having a baby. He is always willing to answer any questions we have. He is somewhat blunt with his responses but as a woman going through infertility I prefer this, instead of having my hopes up every cycle and then being destroyed if the treatment isn't successful.
Be prepared for him to give it to you straight. He won't sugar coat his reponses about your condition.
We used clomid and ultrasound monitoring for our cycles. We used ultrasound monitoring to observe the follicles as they were approaching ovulation. I only have one fallopian tube so if I had follicles on the good side we were able to use ultrasound to observe them and prepare for an IUI. If they we're not on the good side then he would advise to have timed intercourse at home.
I do not have insurance that covers fertility treatments so I pay $200 for every ultrasound, $125 for a trigger shot and $500 for an IUI.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Strength [at Reproductive Gynecology]: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation...I had an HSG completed by Dr. Nash. After, he had told me "everything is good" I responded, "the tubes are open?" "yes". I was elated, however, the next day I had gotten a call that I needed surgery because of a hydrosalpinx that needed to be removed and the doctor may remove both tubes. I was then devastated.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strength: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation. Example: me "so once the embryo is transferred there wouldn't be any issues with it implanting and me carrying a baby right?" "no, of course not, your problem is the ovaries, not the uterus:- Dr. M. I did not anticipate that the transfer would be unsuccessful because of "egg quality" due to "major damage" from endometritis and 2 surgeries that had taken place 6 months prior.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She talked to us like people, however, did not explain as much as I had wished she did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Michelle and Emily were excellent. Quick to return a phone call and took the time needed to demonstrate and explain everything.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is a very sweet person, however, I believe that she gave us a sort of false hope as to the likelihood of getting pregnant. I have been a patient since early 2017 and have continued into 2018 as we are now looking into additional options of trying to conceive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
To ask as many questions as possible, it is the doctor's duty to inform you of every possibility and/or outcome.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
IVF cycle after a tube removal and removal of "sever" endometriosis. Injections produced 5 egg, 1 embryo from there. Frozen transfer. In preparation of the transfer, the uterine lining was not thickening tried estrogen and progesterone in oil. Did not work. Then we tried it "naturally" result was that the lining thickened up and completed a transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
IVF cost to the doctor alone was about $12,000.00
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
None. I am under 35 so a transfer of 1 embryo made sense.
2013 - 2018
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a very warm welcoming feel when you come in the front door! Everyone one is so nice that you meet and really gets to know you and remembers you when you come back each time no matter how much time has passed since your last appointment! The only thing I would say is parking sometimes does get full but there is always a parking space even though it’s packed sometimes!! They also give you parking tokens so never worry about paying for parking!
I love that we got to meet such a caring, down to earth, very passionate and honest doctor! She goes out of her way to make sure everything is being done that’s possible to do for her patients! She makes us feel very confident after every appointment that we understood anything we might of not understood or had questions about! If anyone has any doubts about fertility doctors please do not doubt this doctor she’s amazing in every way that you want your fertility doctor to be amazing at! The nurses in the clinic are so welcoming and always happy to see you and your journey no matter the outcome! Everyone goes above and beyond in the office and I could not be more happy that we found this clinic of nurses and our doctor! This journey has been hard on us but they all have made it much easier and more calm for us! I hope that more patients will choose this doctor and office to continue on their fertility journey with because it was the best decision we made in our journey!!
The nursing staff is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
This doctor is very passionate about her job and her patients! I could not ask for a better doctor! She’s amazing and the best at what she does!
When we first found out about my husbands low sperm count it was during our iui treatment. The doctor was very understand on us still wanting to continue to ivf instead of doing more iui treatments that would not result in a pregnancy at all because of his low sperm counts. She was and has been very helpful during this entire journey!
We did not have insurance to pay for any of our journey while undergoing fertility treatments so we paid mostly out of pocket!
For my age we discussed only doing one embryo which I was perfectly fine with!
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment.... One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment. They give you detailed information about scheduling tests(ex. semen analysis) so you know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was personable and took time to talk with us and answer our questions.
They are very friendly and personable. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable even in uncomfortable situations.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need. One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Schedule appointments on days that you have a lot of time.
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months. My husband was treated for 3 months with Clomid to raise testosterone levels which did rise after one month and are waiting the results of the 3 month semen analysis. We will go back for further treatment after those results come back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
Each appointment was $120 which we paid $40 copay. Each semen analysis was $200 out of pocket. My endometriosis surgery was over $8,000(about 80% was covered by insurance). My husband's Clomid prescription was about $10 a month.
2008 - 2018
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is well staff with nurses and doctors who are very informational. The office is clean and has private rooms for your family. They are located within a hospital which gives the convenience of blood work and other test because you don't have to walk very far. One thing that they can work to improve is patient wait time. I have waited for up to 45 minutes just to be seen due to overbooking.... I greatly appreciated that the nursing staff
2008 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is well staff with nurses and doctors who are very informational. The office is clean and has private rooms for your family. They are located within a hospital which gives the convenience of blood work and other test because you don't have to walk very far. One thing that they can work to improve is patient wait time. I have waited for up to 45 minutes just to be seen due to overbooking.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash and his team has always greeted my husband and I by name rather than just another appointment. Throughout my visits with Dr. Nash I always have appreciated that he was able to tell me straight forward the good news also bad. As a doctor he makes it a point to form a relationship with his patients by showing compassion during the times when we need it the most.
I greatly appreciated that the nursing staff always operated in privacy from the financial aspect to our actual go forward plan. Dealing with infertility can be embarrassing if you are still learning the entirety of its nature and how to accept it. They were always compassionate and positive after each appointment.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash is a wonderful and caring doctor. He always greets you by name and with a smile on his face. Every appointment he wants to make sure that we are still on track with trying to have a baby. At the end of every appointment we always go over the next steps and he always ask if I don't understand anything. What I like most about him is that he genuinely cares for his patients by volunteering his personal time in different community events to raise money for IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
One piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is to never go into his office with a perceived notion. In many appointments I went into his office with a negative mindset that he wouldn't be able to help me but to my surprise he always had different options. Whether is be a different form of medication or a surgery that he was able to perform, either way I always left satisfied.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.
I have had 3 different surgeries with doctor Nash dealing with my tubal blockage totaling around $20,000. My current plan for IVF is $8,000 and medications $3,000-$7,000. My insurance doesn't cover any of that.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
This is a large clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] with multiple great doctors on board. It is often crowded but the privacy is always well preserved. The location pretty nice and the ambiance is relaxing, but the machine are little old. The prices are pleasantly very affordable as compared to other clinics. Plus one can pay in installments if need be...Michelle and the rest of the team were responsive, very efficient, helpful in addition to staying compassionate and cheerful constantly. Furthermore, it happened that we moved out of state just before the transfer and had to travel back to Akron only for the transfer. Michelle perfectly coordinated the process with the monitoring clinic
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is a large clinic with multiple great doctors on board. It is often crowded but the privacy is always well preserved. The location pretty nice and the ambiance is relaxing, but the machine are little old. The prices are pleasantly very affordable as compared to other clinics. Plus one can pay in installments if need be.
Dr. Maseelall was very kind with her words and actions. However, she was constantly in rush because she’d been very busy and more than half of times she was with trainees
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Adkins)
For almost a year, we’ve had only two not so happy instances with Michelle when she insisted not to give us the dosage of the medications (we we’re paying out of pocket and we wanted to save on medications through a different pharmacy) but when she understood the issue she was so helpful. Then it seemed we were not enrolled for the first cycle, but this was a small miscommunication between the team (then we got the famous blue file). Other than these two instances, Michelle and the rest of the team were responsive, very efficient, helpful in addition to staying compassionate and cheerful constantly. Furthermore, it happened that we moved out of state just before the transfer and had to travel back to Akron only for the transfer. Michelle perfectly coordinated the process with the monitoring clinic even through the hard time of my first ectopic pregnancy of unknown location that ended with methotrexate injections. Also, we again moved to a third state, and Michelle again perfectly coordinated our embryos shipment and medical files transfer to the new clinic.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
We went for Dr. Maseelall on the recommendation of my OB/GYN. On the first visit, Dr. Maseelall was very compassionate, explained all the options for us and recommended to go directly to IVF (we thank her for that). Furthermore, after egg retrieval, she canceled our fresh cycle as she found that my lining was not ready yet (and we thank her for that courageous decision, too). However, she was more focused on the IVF than on the my health. For instance, she diagnosed me with PCOS but never prescribed medications for it. She diagnosed me with «kissing ovaries» as it was always very hard to see my right ovary. However, during egg retrieval she said that she wasn’t interested to look for my right ovary since we had enough eggs from the left ovary. Finally, she never shared her email address with us.
Do your own research (if you’re already here it means you’re doing great job researching) and ask her as many questions as you can. Ask for your hormone levels —they won’t give it for you if you don’t ask. Ask what does everything mean during an ultrasound session. Don’t settle with a general «every thing is good». Ask what does it mean to have PCOS and how to treat it? Ask when are you allowed to have sex with your partner? Ask if you can pay in installments (our insurance didn’t cover so we’ve done that)
Very very affordable as compared to other clinics: $200 for ultrasound, $5000 for retrieval, $1500 transfer, $150 embryo strorage
Akron
Michelle is the nurse coordinator for IVF [at Reproductive Gynecology] and she is fantastic! Always compassionate and knowledgeable and somehow could make me laugh even when things were hard...Things move well in the clinic. I never waited for my appointment more than 15 minutes. I think the check in/our procedure is as easy as possible. They are dealing with some vulnerable and potentially embarrassing issues and everything is handled very professionally.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I felt like things were explained to me in a complete manner. Things always moved quickly so I could see some people feeling rushed, but I appreciated things being on time. It made me feel like my time was valuable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle is the nurse coordinator for IVF and she is fantastic! Always compassionate and knowledgeable and somehow could make me laugh even when things were hard.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash is incredibly professional and explains things in a way that is understandable. I always left the office feeling like I new what the next step was. Things moved very quickly, which I appreciated. I could see how some people might feel rushed, but I always felt like my time was valuable and my questions were answered. Dr. Nash is obviously knowledgeable and didn’t sugar coat things. There were times when he could come across as a little blunt, but I like candor. I liked knowing where I stood, whether that was difficult or not.
Trust him. He’s great at what he does.
Describe the protocols David Nash used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
We started off using clomid combined with IUI as I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. After two cycles it became apparent that male infertility was also a factor, so we moved on to IVF with ICSI. I don’t remember specific does for the retreaval, but I know that I was on a high dose of (gonal?) to stimulate my ovaries. They retrieved 14 eggs. 12 were mature. 10 fertilized normally and 5 made it to the day 5 embryo stage. I ended up being a “freeze all” because my progesterone levels spiked too early. I did one frozen transfer that resulted in a negative test. That started with birth control then estrogen and Lupron, then progesterone. My ueterine lining was not thickening as needed at first so the upped my estrogen and also had me take estrogen vaginally instead of orally. That worked. But the transfer didn’t. I immediately began a second transfer cycle following the same protocol (estrogen inserted vagunally) and I conceived on that second transfer. I was on progesterone injections for the first trimester and was then transferred to the care of my OBGYN.
I think IUI was $400. IVF retreaval with ICSI was $9000 I think. A frozen embryo transfer with all ultrasounds/appts was $3500. Those costs did not include meds. I know meds run several thousands. I don’t know exacly what I paid as I had some insurance coverage.
Describe David Nash's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I was under 35 so he strongly cautioned against multiple embryo transfers.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Michelle and Emily [nurses at Reproductive Gynecology] are amazing. I was given their personal cell number to call if I had and concerns or complications. They were thorough, caring, direct, friendly, and excellent communicators. They made sure to teach my husband and myself on how to use the medicine. They knew who I was each time I came to my appointment. That added to the feeling of being seen as a person not a number.
Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This clinic was the best out of 3 that I had consults at. The clinic is clean and comfortable. The staff is caring, personable, and great at communicating with you. The physician staff is patient and thorough with you as well as your treatment. All positives and strengths considering what I experienced elsewhere.
I felt like a human with my doctor because she took the time to know us and asked questions. She was always available to meet and discuss everything we were going through. Her disposition is amazing, warm, caring, and family oriented.
Michelle and Emily are amazing. I was given their personal cell number to call if I had and concerns or complications. They were thorough, caring, direct, friendly, and excellent communicators. They made sure to teach my husband and myself on how to use the medicine. They knew who I was each time I came to my appointment. That added to the feeling of being seen as a person not a number.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is the best physician for IVF and our journey. She is so hands on and patient with you. She may run late for the next patient but that is due to her making sure you are feeling ok with everything before she ends your appointment. I truly appreciate that because IVF is scary and can be overwhelming. Dr Maseelall has great compassion and care for each phase of the process. Even when we found out that there was a fibroid over one of my ovaries, she made sure that let me know all that could and would be done to ensure our (eggs and me) safety. I will continue with her until we have a baby.
I would tell any prospective patient to be patient at your appointment. She may run over and be a little late with your appointment but it's because she provides individual focus on you. Other than that, you will be comfortable and at ease with everything and everyone.
The treatment strategy that was used was IVF with ICSI. My husband had to go through a procedure called PESA due to not being able to release sperm. Due to that IVF with ICSI was the best and only option. I had to undergo surgery to remove fibroids before beginning the cycle of medicine. This was done because the best implantation place was where the fibroids were. Due to my age, 37, the protocol was semi aggressive to make sure I would get enough eggs that were healthy. I was prescribed injectable cetrotide, gonal-f, low dose hCG, novarel, and progesterone in oil. Also the hormones that I was taking could make the fibroids grow. My ovaries did respond to the treatment but not as well as we wanted. I was producing eggs but the were not maturing as fast as we wanted. In addition when it became time to retrieve my eggs there was a fibroid over the left ovary that made retrieval hard. The eggs we're compromised by trying to go through the fibroid, so no eggs were taking from that ovary. We only obtained one mature egg to fertilize. They used my husband's sperm that was collected through the PESA procedure to fertilize the egg. We had the 3day embryo transferred and waited. When it came time to have a pregnancy test and sonogram, we had learned that I had miscarried. Sadly since we only had one egg, we have to repeat the process all over again.
The financial cost was a little over $10,000 for one IVF cycle. That did not include the $3000-4000 in medication costs.
I did have questions about single vs multiple transfer in the beginning. But for the safety of both baby and mother, I see that single transfer is best in some cases. In my case, single was best.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
IUI done with 2 inseminatins costs $750, hcg trigger is about $95. Most appointments are a $10 co-pay. IVF with ICSI is $10,000 ( does not include medications). Embryo freezing is $1,000 per year, less if there are 10 or more embryos. PGS is going to be $4,000...There aren't many options in the area for fertility clinics, but I don't have anything negative to say about anyone. Some days you might have to wait in the lobby or an exam room for a while before your doctor can see you. It's a very clean, warm atmosphere. I didn't have to wait very long to get an initial appointment
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
He is very matter of fact and does not sugar coat things. I do not mind this care, I find it important that my doctor is honest. He also works very quickly, again, this is not a bad thing. That said, he has always been very kind and friendly and has an excellent bedside manner. I have only left RGI feeling dejected after confirming non-viable pregnancies. Most of the time, I feel a little more optimistic that they can help.
They're all very kind and efficient. Very organized and compassionate.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He works quickly, is usually early and does all procedures himself. He is very matter of fact and will answer your questions in a way that is easy to understand. He doesn't go into extreme detail about everything, but I also trust his judgment so I don't find that a problem. He is very kind and polite, but do not expect much small talk-no time is wasted under his care. A slight negative is that he often has students shadowing him, which may be uncomfortable for some people. It's never bothered me much and I haven't found them to be inappropriate, but it might put some people off.
Don't expect him to sugar coat anything, he'll tell you everything like it is. But he'll also answer your questions and explain anything you're unsure of.
Several saline sonograms to look for uterine abnormalities, retained tissue or scarring, surgery to remove polyps and a septum and to explore the uterus and Fallopian tubes. 3 IUI cycles with clomid and a trigger shot, 1 miscarried natural pregnancy, IVF retrieval with Gonal F, Menopur and cetrotide. Cycle was switched to a freeze all after progesterone came back a little high during stims. 2 embryos out of 7 made it to Day 5 freeze quality. Lupron and estrogen to prepare for transfer with progesterone injections before and after transfer and during pregnancy while it lasted. The IVF pregnancy was non-viable and am currently waiting for recurrent miscarriage blood test results before starting another IVF cycle. This time is another Freeze all but with PGS.
Dr. Nash strongly felt that a single embryo transfer was better for mine and a potential baby's health as multiples come with higher risk.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Always be prepared to wait [at Reproductive Gyn]...They're great with giving specific details on what you need to do or what you can expect and everyone is always extremely compassionate and friendly, from the nurses to the receptionist staff to the embryologists...[Nurse] Betheen is fantastic. All of the nurses are very accessible via email and I love that...IVF is $8000. ICSI is $1500. PGS testing is $4500. Embryo freezing is $1000. IUIs are $500...
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Always be prepared to wait. We've waited as little as 5 minutes or as long as 45. It just depends on how many people they are seeing at the same time. They're great with giving specific details on what you need to do or what you can expect and everyone is always extremely compassionate and friendly, from the nurses to the receptionist staff to the embryologists.
I did some IUIs and medicated timed intercourse cycled with him and during that time I felt like a number. I couldn't get answers to the questions that I had. However, when I went through the IVF process with him I felt like he put much more energy and care into my treatment plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen Strewing)
Betheen is fantastic. All of the nurses are very accessible via email and I love that. The one complaint that I have is that Betheen saw me through the first cycle, but then after that I was assigned to a new nurse (Angela- who I also liked) and then the next cycle, I was given a nurse that I had never met. I don't even know her name. She seemed new and not extremely knowledgeable yet. I have continued to email Angela if I have questions.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He has wonderful bedside manner and is so kind. However, sometimes I feel like he sugarcoats things a little too much in order to make me feel like things are going to work out. There are times when I wish he would just be blunt about my chances so I can set my expectations. He is always willing to answer all of my questions, but I sometimes feel bad keeping him because he seems so busy.
Ask questions. Do a lot of research and be prepared with a list of questions at each visit. He won't dig incredibly deep about certain situations (i.e. short cycles or endometriosis concerns) unless you ask him to.
IUI and timed intercourse cycles were done with Letrozole or Clomid and an HCG trigger shot. IVF was an antagonist protocol- birth control, Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, an HCG trigger shot, then progesterone in oil and Estrace leading up to a fresh transfer. My first attempt at a frozen transfer (it was cancelled due to lack of lining thickness) was done with Letrozole. The next frozen transfer he prescribed Tamoxifen to help build my lining, then an HCG trigger shot, progesterone in oil, and Estrace. I am currently in the two week wait after that FET. I have had all negative results up until now- no pregnancies. Tamoxifen did help to build my lining substantially.
Yes- because of my age and our unexplained infertility diagnosis, he strongly suggested transferring only one.
2014 - 2017
The canton office is usually behind on seeing patients so be prepared to wait a while. Overall its worth it.... The staff is very nice but they do not seem personable. They never really remember you which I think patients would feel more comfortable if they did.... Clomid was usually under $100 which my insurance did not cover. I also had the injection to help release my egg which was another $100 each month. IUI its self was around $700. All of which needs to paid up front.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Mooney has always been very to the point with my husband and I . I however never felt like he was just trying to make money. I felt like he actually cared about us and wanted us to become parents. We had stopped trying for a while in 2015 after my mom passed away and we actually got pregnant on our own. It ended in miscarriage which I had to go to the ER for. Dr. Mooney was sadden by this and he almost had tears in his eyes.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney is very to the point with you. He tells you the plan of action and makes sure you and your partner are ok with it. He might run late almost all the time but he is worth it. I mentally have had to take breaks every 4-5 months and he encourages it. He tells me we will do whatever I am comfortable with. I wouldn't want to see anyone else.
Never give up, Dr. Mooney is a very smart man. He will make it happen one day.
I originally was on Clomid which did mature my follicles nicely . I did several rounds with timed intercourse. Timed intercourse was not a good route for my husband and I , we would fight all the time and it felt like a chore. Finally we switched to Clomid with IUI and we did 2 rounds with no success. On the last round of Clomid I didn't produce any follicles which was surprising since I do not have a medical condition. I was switched to Lutzerol mid cycle. It did grow two follicles so we did another IUI which also failed.
Anovulation, Unexplained
The Canton office is small, but that's a good thing! There​are two nurses there [Repro Gyn] and they are always so happy and friendly! The Akron office is big and the front desk ladies are not so nice! All of the nurses though are amazing!...Roughly each cycle we did with follistim was $2000 each! We did 4 cycles with that! So $8000 including blood work, ultrasounds and office visit charges....[Nursing Staff] So sweet! Every single one of them!...
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The Canton office is small, but that's a good thing! There​are two nurses there and they are always so happy and friendly! The Akron office is big and the front desk ladies are not so nice! All of the nurses though are amazing!
Dr Mooney treated me like a friend! He is very professional but comes down to your level and explains EVERYTHING! He doesn't treat you like a child and doesn't sugar coat anything! I love his honesty, demeanor, personality, just everything about him is inviting and I feel so comfortable and relaxed with him!!
So sweet! Every single one of them!
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I can not describe enough praise for Dr Mooney! An example; he explained in terms exactly what is wrong with me! My regular gyno made me feel like I needed surgery and they wouldn't do anything else to help me! Dr Mooney immediately wanted to do an ultrasound to see what my gyno was talking about and he stopped our consultation to do it! And explained while the procedure that it was cosmetic and nothing to worry about! He then had us go back to the consultation room and laid everything out on the table! I just clicked with him on all levels! He has a great sense of humor and so compassionate with all of his patients! Only one downfall...He is always running late! It drives my husband crazy, but I honestly don't care!! I would wait all day for him!!
Be prepared to get comfortable in the waiting room! He is an AMAZING Dr! It's worth the wait!
He started me out on clomid and monitored me with ultrasounds to see if my follicles we're growing, they did not! We then moved immediately to letrozole and monitored me with ultrasounds again, and again no growing of my follicles! So we proceeded to injections ( Follistim) around 150iui every day and monitored me again with ultrasounds, this time it worked!! First cylcle we tried on our own with intercourse, didn't get pregnant! I had to take a break after that cylce because I had so many cysts form! We proceeded again 2 more times with the Follistim and intercourse, and no baby! Each time I had to take a break because of the cysts that appeared! Our last cycle we did we tried the IUI along with the Follistim and again a no go! He then said we could try another round of the iui with follistim, but in our eyes it was just draining us emotionally and financially! So our next step is IVF!
Describe Stephen Mooney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr Mooney has recommended for us to do IVF and will only allow 2 embryos to be transferred into me. I am a short statured woman and 2 babies is pushing it he said! He wants the babies and me to be healthy
Akron
The clinic [Repro Gyn] is great. The doctors work together to figure out a treatment plan, if needed. They really focused on my overall health and not just getting me pregnant. I've lost 65 lbs as a result and I am healthy and strong. IVF is very expensive with this clinic but their success record is great - so I guess you get what you pay for.... I didn't spend too much time with them [nursing staff] but they were very kind and returned my calls promptly.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is great. The doctors work together to figure out a treatment plan, if needed. They really focused on my overall health and not just getting me pregnant. I've lost 65 lbs as a result and I am healthy and strong. IVF is very expensive with this clinic but their success record is great - so I guess you get what you pay for.
Dr. M is very caring and knowledgeable. She, or any Dr I was working with that day, spent time with me and answered all my questions - even if it wasn't the answer I wanted.
I didn't spend too much time with them but they were very kind and returned my calls promptly.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. M is very knowledgeable. As with any clinic the doctors have a lot of patients to see and keep things moving, but she would never rush me. The only negative thing I could say about her is when she's performing a transvaginal ultrasound she pushes much harder than any of the other doctors, it is uncomfortable. I can tell she is comfortable with what she does.
Listen to her, follow directions as well as her advice.
My first cycle she had me on 1 clomid pill. It wasn't enough. The second cycle I think we went to 3 pills. It still wasn't enough. Only 1 great egg was produced both cycles. The third cycle we used 4 clomid pills, and I got 2 great eggs and one good egg. My husbands sperm count is extremely low so I didn't get pregnant any of those cycles. IVF is our only option.
I don't remember to be honest. They had everything broken down. IVF - from the very beginning through the first transfer- was around $15k.
We didn't really discuss this but my good friend did IVF with this same clinic and 2 embryos were transferred each time - with her consent of course.
2011 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Strengths [of Reproductive Gynecology in Akron]: All the doctors there are different personalities so you can find one that fits your own needs. They all take their own case load and are there nearly every step of the way. Sometimes, you'll have a fill in doctor. Weaknesses: Case load. There are so many patients at this clinic, you may have to wait or feel rushed. But consults are never rushed.
2011 - 2016
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths: All the doctors there are different personalities so you can find one that fits your own needs. They all take their own case load and are there nearly every step of the way. Sometimes, you'll have a fill in doctor. Weaknesses: Case load. There are so many patients at this clinic, you may have to wait or feel rushed. But consults are never rushed.
I feel like she and I could be friends in real life. She understands the process and has gone through treatment herself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
All the nurses are great at talking through questions you may have and getting you in with any urgent emergencies (read: loss scans). They care and are compassionate people that have great bedside manners.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall has great bedside manner, cares about all her patients and you're not just a number. Not everyone goes through IVF and they don't suggest that as the first solution as other clinics do. She will advocate for you with other doctors as other issues come up. Her recommended doctors and transfer to OB/GYN practices are top notch as her network is impeccable as well.
Feel free to ask questions and not just go with the flow. Sometimes, her case load is packed so it may feel rushed but she is absolutely in contact with you every step of the way.
I started with a CBC panel and complete diagnostic bloodwork overhaul. 20 vials of blood in my first visit. I'm glad I did. While I had a difficult case, she was familiar with it as it was something one of her relatives had so she was empathetic. I started with injectables as Clomid produced pregnancies with losses. Then moved to IUI and eventually years later for baby #2, we decided on IVF.
Most costs were out of pocket because of insurance. However, when able, the staff coded ultrasounds or gave me donated injectable meds as they knew the issues with insurance coverage.
PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is clean, updated and uses state of the art equipment. It is comfortable and efficient (however, Dr. Mooney is ALWAYS behind schedule)....The nursing staff is what makes this practice. I personally enjoyed dealing with them and they always helped to answer any questions I had. I appreciated their compassion and was very happy with them overall.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is clean, updated and uses state of the art equipment. It is comfortable and efficient (however, Dr. Mooney is ALWAYS behind schedule).
Dr. Mooney was great when I first met with him and then again once we actually got pregnant, but in-between, I felt that he was often times difficult to deal with because he didn't know how to handle my emotions (and let's face it, we are all super hormonal when we are on these treatments) and would sometimes yell and curse and get upset because of something I said or that his staff did. I felt that he took out his frustration on us from time to time, but ultimately, he did get me pregnant...
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney is very down to earth. He really doesn't hold anything back and so you know when he is angry, when he is frustrated and when he is in a good mood. I felt that he dealt best with me when we were first consulting with him and then once we were pregnant. As treatments were going on, I often felt that I wasn't important enough for the time to answer my questions, he accused me of being overly emotional and too sensitive to the setbacks in my treatment and I felt more comfortable talking to one of the other doctors in the practice when I would see her. Overall, Dr. Mooney did what he set out to do, and I did get pregnant, but his bedside manner left something to be desired.
Have a tough skin when you meet with him--understand that he will curse, he will be blunt, and he doesn't sugar-coat anything.
I began seeing Dr. Mooney after a miscarriage and three failed attempts of Clomid with my OBGYN. He decided to to Clomid again, and I ended up taking it for 4 more months. In my opinion, this was not optimal and I was ready to try something different as the Clomid obviously wasn't working. From there, he did a laparoscopic exploratory surgery to check for endometriosis, scar tissue and other complications. This came back showing that everything was normal, so we began a course of Letrazole/Femara. The side effects with this were less than the Clomid, but I didn't ovulate as much. We did 3 months of this, adding IUI to the last cycle. When this didn't work either, we began to do injectable medications and did 2 rounds of IUI during that cycle as well. I did get pregnant with twins from this treatment.
The costs of any infertility treatment are high, but I was fortunate enough to have really good insurance, so despite being treated for over a year, I only spent about $1500 out of pocket.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
I just think the staff [at Repro Gyn] there was okay. Nobody really went out of the way to assist you and oftentimes I felt that I was a bother and putting the staff out...The office has claimed to have passed on results when they in fact haven't on numerous occasions. In addition, there were multiple times when they would argue with me that something wasn't a certain way and then would turn around a week or two and agree with me. It was very frustrating to feel like I was on a roller coaster of inconsistency.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The office itself is nice and there are some staff and doctors that are easy to deal with but you really have to push for information and ask a lot of questions in order to make sure you're doing what you're supposed to.
While Dr. Nash came highly recommended to my from another physician, I was not happy with him. He was very matter of fact which some people may like and I found he had zero compassion and most things he said went over my head. When I asked questions about the treatment I was made to feel inferior or like my questions were absurd. Dr. Nash also set expectations very low as to how well my treatment would work.
I just think the staff there was okay. Nobody really went out of the way to assist you and oftentimes I felt that I was a bother and putting the staff out.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
While Dr. Nash is a good doctor and considered to be one of the best in our area, I personally did not like working with him. I would gladly go back and see some other doctors in his practice but not him.
Dr. Nash is a very black and white type of person. There is not a lot of gray area and if there is something that you want, you will have to really push and advocate for yourself.
Dr. Nash found that I had subclinical hypothyroidism and put me on synthroid. We decided to have a exploratory laproscopy prior to starting treatment and found I was already pregnant so it was canceled. Pregnancy turned out to be an ectopic and was conceived naturally but ended with the laproscopy anyway. Next we tried Femara with IUI with which turned out to be a chemical or early miscarriage. The office insisted I wasn't pregnant and pushed me straight into the next IUI but then had to cancel it because it turned out there was in fact hcg in my system and this was after starting the process. We left the clinic after that.
Each IUI cycle cost me $600.
We did not do IVF with Dr. Nash but he only recommends transferring one embryo and in some cases two.
Westerville
We were supposed to be fully out of pocket for our testing and treatments per our insurance. However, Dr Nash's office [Reproductive Gynecology in Westerville] submitted all invoices to our insurance anyway and we actually ended up saving about $3,000 because of it...The nursing staff was very efficient and polite. They were very personable and easy to talk to...I was extremely impressed that at no point during my treatment did I ever have an appointment with any other doctor, or a nurse practitioner as some clinics do. Dr Nash was the only person to treat me, and he was great at what he did.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is very clean, very welcoming and the onsite blood draws are amazingly convenient.
Dr Nash never failed to answer every question I had in very clear terms. He also listened to me when I told him I felt the timeline of the treatment should be modified. I was extremely impressed that at no point during my treatment did I ever have an appointment with any other doctor, or a nurse practitioner as some clinics do. Dr Nash was the only person to treat me, and he was great at what he did.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash was a wonderful doctor to partner with in our infertility journey. He explained all aspects of our treatment thoroughly, and was open to questions about anything, at any point in time. I always felt confident that Dr Nash had the same goal in mind that we did, to have a successful pregnancy as soon as possible with the least intervention possible. I never felt that he pushed any treatments or tests that were not necessary. He showed us all options and allowed us to make our own decisions.
Know going in that he is very straight forward and to the point. There will not be any "fluff" to your visits or consultations.
Dr Nash had me go through a few rounds of blood testing on different days of my cycle for different hormones. He had my husband perform 2 semen analysis, and performed a saline ultrasound on me. From this we were given a diagnosis and a recommendation that IUI may produce results at a slightly higher likelihood than naturally, and IVF at a 50% greater chance the naturally. He also recommended a laproscopy for me, and a repair to a slight uterine defect that had a small chance of affecting outcome of a pregnancy. We chose to try one IUI before any surgeries, and he was the doctor who performed that procedure. Ultimately that first IUI brought us success.
We were supposed to be fully out of pocket for our testing and treatments per our insurance. However, Dr Nash's office submitted all invoices to our insurance anyway and we actually ended up saving about $3,000 because of it.
Westerville
Small clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] so faces are familiar. Site is beautiful. Wait times can be long but understandable with unpredictable components of treatment cycles...Lynn was always my favorite. She always kept a positive attitude and helped me get back to my own provider after a bad visit with a partner...I think IUI is around $500. My insurance covered my visits and ultrasounds. My meds were purchased from a pharmacy recommended by the clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Small clinic so faces are familiar. Site is beautiful. Wait times can be long but understandable with unpredictable components of treatment cycles.
Dr. Jain gave me his cellphone number to call if I needed. He also texted to check in on me after I had transitioned back to my OB during my pregnancy.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain was honest with me and presented information at a level that was appropriate for me. He was patient with my questions/concerns/preferences. I never felt rushed or like a bother. He was gentle with his exams and procedures. My husband was also confident and reassured by his knowledge and experience. We wouldn't hesitate to go back to him.
Wait times can be long, but his knowledge, compassion and expertise are worth it.
I had a few follistim plus IUI cycles while I was still breastfeeding. Every time I got great follicles, but never conceived. I had overstimulation with one combined follistim and clomid cycle, which I had to abandon due to risk for high order of multiples. I had a couple follistim plus Femara cycles where I again got good looking follicles but never conceived. Eventually I got pregnant in an off cycle as we were exploring the option of IVF. This is similar to the course I took in getting pregnant during an off cycle with my first child while I was seeing a different doctor in the same clinic. I had 7 failed treatment trials prior to each of my pregnancies.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I had problems with the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] sending the proper documents to my insurance provider. Also, they missed crediting my account with payments and they charged my insurance for office visits during my IVF cycle that were supposed to be included in my fees (Already paid for upfront) and then when confronted about a possible refund they said the extra fees went to a balance prior to IVF that I wasn't aware of...My spouse and I had to go to an IVF training class but it was handled by another doctor. Majority of all my IVF visits and retrieval were handled by another doctor at the office.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would not recommend this clinic. At the time I did IVF there was no guarantee and now they have a guarantee program. Plus, Dr Nash told me I would never qualify for a guarantee program because the "house" always wins. That statement alone proves this clinic preys on the despair couples go through trying to get pregnant. Dr. Akain (might be incorrectly spelling) is the only doctor I would recommend others to use. He handled almost all my procedures and IVF but I felt he was only following Dr Nash's notes verses him handling my care. Also, for new patients - due your research. Make sure the doctor is giving you best case and worst case scenario. Also, some of the office staff and nurses were rude and made you feel dumb for asking for more clarification. If any staff member makes you feel that way find another office that treats you right. My opinion might be biased because I left without any success. I know if I left pregnant I would probably have a more positive outlook. But after my negative blood test they didn't have any options but adoption or donor. They left it to me to make a decision.
Some of the nurses were not very friendly and while Dr. Nash showed some empathy, nothing felt specialized to my needs. Everything felt routine, from start to finish during my time I never felt they solved my infertility issues and gave me fake hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Bethleen)
Bethleen was the IVF nurse. She had printed calendars with medication and directions for me and my understanding had them for each patient. But at times things felt rushed. For my other procedures there was no assigned nurse. Some of the other nursing staff were nice and others were rude and short - Chanel wasn't very compassionate. The medical assistant that took blood samples was very nice and sincerely. The front office staff was normally polite but at times they'd have private conversations leaving clients waiting in lounge area because they didn't feel like greeting them.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash only works in the Westerville office two days a week, when I was a patient there. So if your schedule doesn't match you'll have to see another doctor and I didn't feel connected to him due to this. He was calm and compassionate but when I would become upset (cry) he'd want me to collect myself before leaving and entering the waiting room. I didn't like this because the office only showed one side to treatment. He gave me a false hope of success. I was told I'd have only a 1% chance of natural pregnancy and a 50-60% chance with IVF with ICSI. After the failed IVF he said my chances dropped to 30% and I'd have better success with donor eggs. I felt cheated out of money and hope. I should have been told more about donor eggs and higher chances than taking my money.
Unless your schedule and cycle match to his schedule don't expect him to be at every appointment.
Due to my failed IUI attempts I was told IVF with ICSI was my best chance. I went on birth control then high doses of injectables including progesterone shots. I was told this was almost normal protocol except due to egg equality was taking some higher doses to simulate my ovaries. I was told about overstimulated ovaries and signs. My spouse and I had to go to an IVF training class but it was handled by another doctor. Majority of all my IVF visits and retrieval were handled by another doctor at the office.
IUI $500 with HCG shot ($50). Two IUI's $750 plus HCG (extra). One cycle of IVF (self pay) $7500. ICSI $1500, IVF meds (majority came thru Walgreens specialty store, I think I paid $4500 in total), storing embryos was $500 and $475/year there after. (Disclaimer numbers might be slightly off due to memory as this was 4 yrs ago). Laparoscopy to remove endometriosis cost me $3500 out of pocket after insurance. Typical office visits were around $300 after insurance. Saline ultrasound bill was around $500 after insurance.
I only had 3 embryos that made it to Day 3 and the doctor told me of the best 2 and due to my age at the time (30) we went with 2 transfers.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I felt they [Reproductive Gynecology- Canton] did a great job in every aspect of the experience so far. They didn't make me wait long to be seen and the nurses were very nice and helped with directions for other appts and helped me understand everything it was nice to know one of the nurses went through infertility as well... The lady who did my very first blood draw was amazing when I started to get really hot and sickshe knew what to do and she knew what to do like drawing blood wise she didn't waste time and got the vein first time each time I've had to go to the clinic
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I felt they did a great job in every aspect of the experience so far. They didn't make me wait long to be seen and the nurses were very nice and helped with directions for other appts and helped me understand everything it was nice to know one of the nurses went through infertility as well
The visit just felt like another doctor visit but I understand they do this all day long til the last one comes through she is a great doctor and listens to me when I speak and took my concerns into consideration and made sure things went smoothly for my blood draw
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was and is very nice each time I seen her she made sure I knew the results what the options were and the possible risks of things not working and I got to decide the best option she was professional and listened to me
If your only comfortable with female doctors she's the way to go you don't feel all weirded out she's a fantastic doctor
I have not started any Thing I'm still saving for the very expensive ivf route so not much help in this department
Just regular office visits which after insurance were only like $20 but hey was over 1k but after insurance $800
I want to strongly transfer two I think the doctors here only want to do 1 but I understand we'll see how it goes
Canton
Very upscale clinic [Repro Gyn - Westerville] with modern decor. Comfortable. Enough waiting space unless it is a very busy day. Separate entrance and small waiting area for andrology (you don't have to parade through the waiting room with a cup of semen)...Nurses always respond same day to phone calls. Very accommodating for appointment times, able to answer basic questions about treatment. They seem to have a lot on their plate but are always kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very upscale clinic with modern decor. Comfortable. Enough waiting space unless it is a very busy day. Separate entrance and small waiting area for andrology (you don't have to parade through the waiting room with a cup of semen).
My treatment was tailored to me and how my body responded each step of the way.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Dr. Jain. I feel that he genuinely cares about me and being cautious but aggressive with treatment. I have complete confidence in his judgement and plan of treatment. The only shortcoming is that he seems rushed most of the time. It feels like he wants to get in and out. Questions need to be asked quickly.
Ask questions throughout the office visit, do no wait until the end.
Synthroid 50 mcg throughout treatment 2 rounds of chlomid 100 mg (timed intercourse) and 150 mg - no developing follicles and thin lining so switch to... 4 rounds letrozole 10 mg multiple developed and released follicles (timed intercourse each time) last 2 rounds had 4 follicles develop so decrease dose to... 1 (and counting) round of 7.5 mg letrozole with IUI (currently in 2 week wait)
My insurance covered everything so far except IUI which was $500
Westerville
Very clean, warm, well decorated, and very friendly front desk girls [Reproductive Gynecology], also. I felt very calm when in the waiting room in Akron. Comfortable chairs (very important when having uncomfortable tests done).... Jen is a great nurse. I also had one who held my hand during a procedure that was uncomfortable.... We applied for compassionate care and were able to save 50% on medications, plus 20%-30% through becoming customers of compassionate care....
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very clean, warm, well decorated, and very friendly front desk girls, also. I felt very calm when in the waiting room in Akron. Comfortable chairs (very important when having uncomfortable tests done).
He has a good sense of humor. Doesn't try to use big words when explaining what is going to happen/happening. He realizes this is something we really want and doesn't make us wait, gets down to business, but doesn't pressure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
I don't remember her last name, but Jen is a great nurse. I also had one who held my hand during a procedure that was uncomfortable ( I don't remember her name, but she worked in Akron). Very nice, and thorough.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I felt very comfortable with him. I've seen another "skinny mini" doctor with whom I did feel judged (completely different clinic, in different city). I'm not a small girl, so my BMI number always was in the back of my mind. Dr. Nash made me feel more comfortable about that number, and the process in general.
Relax, ask questions, and breathe. He is very nice and will answer or re explain anything you wanna ask, or don't understand.
We are in the process of starting the IVF drugs now. Just received them yesterday and start them next week.
We applied for compassionate care and were able to save 50% on medications, plus 20%-30% through becoming customers of compassionate care. We talked to other doctors about IVF and the cost here was much less than in other cities, and feel like they are more thorough!
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
[The nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology] They are all very nice and helpful... It is $70 per visit and I've had ultrasounds, blood work, consultations which I have paid around $300 so far. It's going to be $8000 upfront for IVF...she [Dr. Maseelall] had me do a HSG test and I was diagnosed with hydrosalpinx. My left tube was completely blocked and my right tube was partially blocked. I had surgery to remove my left and possible right tube last year. When they started the procedure they were unsure of the cause of the hydrosalpinx so they left my tubes as they are. She told us we only have a 1% chance of ever conceiving without IVF.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are all.l very nice and helpful.
She is a wonderful doctor and I fully trust what she says. I think she is very knowledgeable and she explains things to me very well. She answers all my questions and treats me like a person not just a number. She really cares
They are all very nice and helpful
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is a very nice doctor. She is very knowledgeable and kind. She explains things well and helps you understand everything. She gives you hope, even though sometimes it's not the path you want to take. I wish she didn't think IVF was our only option because we don't have the money for it.
Being a paper and pen to take notes and make sure to ask a lot of questions because she will answer them and help you understand what's going on.
I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2012 by my OB. I started seeing Dr.Maseelall in 2016, she had me do a HSG test and I was diagnosed with hydrosalpinx. My left tube was completely blocked and my right tube was partially blocked. I had surgery to remove my left and possible right tube last year. When they started the procedure they were unsure of the cause of the hydrosalpinx so they left my tubes as they are. She told us we only have a 1% chance of ever conceiving without IVF.
Most of the procedures are not covered by my insurance. It is $70 per visit and I've had ultrasounds, blood work, consultations which I have paid around $300 so far. It's going to be $8000 upfront for IVF which we are planning on doing in the future.
Dr. Maseelall told me she only implants one embryo durning the procedure. If we were ever able to do IVF I would want more eggs implanted because we would only have one chance to do this. I wouldn't want it to fail.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
[The nurses at Reproductive Gynecology are] Responsive and knowledgeable...Around $10,000 for ivf not including meds...Strength- excellent doctors and staff. Great embryo lab and can get you in for an appointment rather quickly. Weakness- busy office which can mean long wait time. Have to leave a message and wait for a call back when you have a question...I absolutely love and trust dr Maseelall. She never gave up on me even when my test results looked grim.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
She treated me with respect, listened to all my concerns, listened and allowed me to do treatments that I wanted, and always showed compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Yes, Michelle )
Responsive and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I absolutely love and trust dr Maseelall. She never gave up on me even when my test results looked grim. She listed to me, explained things how I wanted them explained and listed and acted on my concerns. I asked to try another medication that had mixed reviews and she told me about the studies and that it’s not proven, but she allowed me to do it because I wanted to and it couldn’t hurt.
Trust her
Antagonist protocol. Second round estrogen priming with antagonist protocol. Estrogen priming was used the second time as I had lead follicles in the first round.
Around $10,000 for ivf not including meds.
I’m happy she recommended 1 embryo. Both transferred worked and I did not want multiples.
Akron
They [Reproductive Gynecology] were located close to home for an easy commute. Easy to get appointments. It seemed like there was a different doctor each time I did my IUIs or ultrasounds. My primary doctor only changed the medicine. The nurses were friendly and my information was kept private.... We were self-pay: $200 for each ultrasound, $500 for IUI, $15 for medicine, $100 for trigger shot.... My initial appointment wasn't on the schedule.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They were located close to home for an easy commute. Easy to get appointments. It seemed like there was a different doctor each time I did my IUIs or ultrasounds. My primary doctor only changed the medicine. The nurses were friendly and my information was kept private.
She was rushed and never discussed things with me.
The nurses were friendly. They explained the processes to me and spoke to the doctor on my behalf.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was very friendly for the consultation, but after that she was always rushed and unable to discuss what was happening. I was told during my ultrasounds that these times weren't not to discuss things. I'd need to schedule a specific time for that.
If you don't mind working mostly with the nurses, then you'll be fine. Don't expect a lot of attention.
1st IUI - 50MG of Clomid (Failed) 2nd IUI - 7.5MG of Letrozole (Failed) 3rd IUI - 7.5MG of Letrozole with Progesterone (Failed)
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is always so friendly whenever we visit. Everyone from the Phlebotomist Kim, to the reception ladies, to the lab staff are so welcoming. Occasionally you have to wait in the waiting room for your appointment, but that is because they pay so much attention to each person when it is time for their visit...Both [nurses] are exceptional at answering the multitude of questions that go along with infertility treatments. They are kind, patient and honest.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic staff is always so friendly whenever we visit. Everyone from the Phlebotomist Kim, to the reception ladies, to the lab staff are so welcoming. Occasionally you have to wait in the waiting room for your appointment, but that is because they pay so much attention to each person when it is time for their visit.
Dr Mooney is always so professional and personable at the same time. He knows my husband and I and all of our history. He makes us laugh while always being honest about expectations. He listens and always tries to do what is best for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Adkins & Emily Bowman )
Both women are exceptional at answering the multitude of questions that go along with infertility treatments. They are kind, patient and honest.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Mooney is a honest, to the point type of doctor. He is realistic about giving expectations, while hopeful for the best outcome possible. He is kind, funny and above all very good at listening. We recommend him highly to anyone going through infertility.
You may have to wait a bit for appointments sometimes, but that is only because he gives individual attention to each patient.
PCOS, Unexplained
Every staff member [at Reproductive Gynecology] had an amazing, caring bedside manner...The clinic is very organized and welcoming. They do a lot of tests and procedures in their clinic so it was nice to just be at one place for the course of our treatment. I never had to wait very long in the waiting room...The nursing staff is wonderful! They were always so caring and understanding. They always were very positive and it really felt like they were ‘cheering’ us on.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Every staff member had an amazing, caring bedside manner. Dr. Nash always knew my case and what was going on
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash was always so nice and friendly. He gave us information in a blunt, but caring way. He never gave us false hope. I feel like my treatment plan was very tailored to my needs. He is extremely knowledgeable. He was very compassionate when I had my miscarriage and when he did my D&C
Trust his treatment plan and the infertility journey.
We started out with lots of testing to confirm I did have PCOS and infertility. We did IUI once and it didn’t work. We also did injectibles at home. We discussed IVF at one point and he understood that we wanted to try IUI again. We did and it was successful.
I paid out of pocket for everything as insurance doesnt cover infertility treatments.
2014 - 2017
Tried to schedule another cycle of IUI [with Reproductive Gynecology]. Had to come in for labwork and no one would call me back. The nurse was rude. On the voicemail it didn't want details just name and phone number to call back. Ultimately by the time they called back had missed the whole cycle and would have to wait...Gets the ball rolling as far as scheduling hsg, semen analysis, lab work, surgeries
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Friendly and nice. Gets the ball rolling as far as scheduling hsg, semen analysis, lab work, surgeries You feel like a just a number and know they are in it for the money. They won't even monitor you if you choose a place like cny. Won't change up treatments even when you ask.
Seemed to just be pushed along. Nurses weren't responsive at times. Felt rushed to leave after IUIs.
They seemed too overworked. Didn't always know what was going on. Most were very friendly. They needed 2 nurses to just man the phones.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Friendly and nice. Didn't seem to have other coarse of actions besides clomid/letrozole and trigger. Went straight to IVF quote instead of trying other things. My follicles were 27-29 which may have meant not good numbers. Seemed rushed many times.
Write down everything in your appointments and meetings.
Clomid 10 mg cycle day 3-9 or 4-10. Ultrasound before starting and then at 12-13 days. IUI day 14. Always negative pregnancy. Letrozole don't remember dose or length....day 14 iui. Always negative pregnancy.
500 per IUI with back to back costing 750. Letrozole/clomid/trigger all covered under my insurance. 25 lab genetic test. Hsg was 250 I think?
10 IUI, IVF
[The nurses at Reproductive Gynecology were] Very nice compassionate and patient...12k for ivf plus meds...Embryo trAnsfer 3500k...Efficient clean friendly knowledgable... They are getting busier so the wait time has invreased. But waiting room is nice and inviting...[Dr. Jain] Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct... He gave his cell phone number so that I could directly text him with questions. He was friendly and thourough while still being blunt enough to not give you false hope.
10 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Efficient clean friendly knowledgable. The lab is great as well as the success of ivf storage and treatment or embryos. They are getting busier so the wait time has invreased. But waiting room is nice and inviting
Personalized care. Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen )
Very nice compassionate and patient
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He provided individualized compassionate and direct patient care. Always listened to us had good suggestions and felt confident he could make our dream come true. I saw him for every visit and we didnt have to wait long. He gave his cell phone number so that I could directly text him with questions. He was friendly and thourough while still being blunt enough to not give you false hope.
To warn them he is direct because some patients like sugar coating
We did several iui with letrozole follistim combination because. We then did an egg retrieval followed by fresh transfer which resulted in a miscarriage. 9months later we did a frozen cycle and resulted in a healthy baby girl
12k for ivf plus meds Embryo trAnsfer 3500k
Because of my age and history of miscarriage we did 2 embryos and he was ok with that
Westerville
I feel like this [Reproductive Gynecology] is a big practice. I was just another chart and he just didn’t really know me.... Dr Nash seemed to be spread thin between offices. It’s hard for a working person to make an afternoon appointment. He only does late appointments one day a week. We usually didn’t have to wait very long for appointments. The staff were friendly. The billing department is lacking. I always had to double check everything before paying a bill.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I feel like this is a big practice. I was just another chart and he just didn’t really know me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle and Emily)
Always had to leave a message. But the nurses were good at getting back with you the same day
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
We would frequently leave his office thinking we were going to meet with him again only to be told we were done. We would be confused as to what the next step would be and would have to schedule another appointment. Overall, I feel like Dr Nash knows what he is doing but he doesn’t have quite the bedside manner I had hoped.
Make sure all your questions are answered and you know the next step before leaving his office.
We were ramping up the stimulation drugs for our retrieval from the very beginning. I was on 400-450 Gonal F
$8000 IVF cycle $1500 ICSI $4000 PGS $1000 Cryo
Dr Nash has a strong preference of single embryo transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Great that it [Reproductive Gynocology- Akron] is located in several places. Some visits 10 mins from home and others about an hour. Some early morning appointments would be a longer wait in the waiting room, but never to the point where it was terrible.... Everyone was very friendly and seemed to have good communication with doctor and plans for each patient... She [Dr. Maseelall] talked to me as I was a normal person and in terms that made sense to me.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Great that it is located in several places. Some visits 10 mins from home and others about an hour. Some early morning appointments would be a longer wait in the waiting room, but never to the point where it was terrible.
I felt like she was very honest with me about which treatments would work best for us. And after our treatment failed, she still gave us best options and didn't push one way or another and wanted us to choose what we felt was beat for us.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was very honest and knew exactly what options would be the best for us to take. She talked to me as I was a normal person and in terms that made sense to me. She adjusted our egg retrieval by watching closely to make sure it wasn't too early. I don't really have anything negative to say, other than the follow up after failed treatment was like 2 weeks later and we wanted a discussion about it sooner
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. And write things down. It can be a lot to take in.
18,000 including all treatments and medications
PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Repro Gyn] is beautiful and well kept. It is a happy atmosphere for not happy appointments. Not ideal to be located right next to a pediatrician office as that is an emotional struggle as a patient...[Nursing staff] They seemed to be organized and on top of things but seemed to get frustrated if questions were asked or further explanation needed. Some were more personable than others but again they didn't seem to care personally....
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is beautiful and well kept. It is a happy atmosphere for not happy appointments. Not ideal to be located right next to a pediatrician office as that is an emotional struggle as a patient.
While Dr Jain was personable I didn't feel like he emotionally understood my situation m. I felt like I was in need of answers and deeper understanding that I never received. Everything was very surface level.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I felt like Dr. Jain knew what he was doing but did at times feel like a number and not a patient. He was friendly and easy going but didn't seem to connect with me on a deeper level which was hard when you are emotionally, physically and even financially being drained. It's hard to pay so much money and still not end up with your ultimate goal.
Ask questions if you have them st your appointment.
I tried femara several cycles with timed intercourse without success. I then added 3 IUI cycles without success and also Clomid.
$175 for ultrasound visits $400 IUI $90 trigger shot
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
[Reproductive Gynecology] a smaller practice of about 5 doctors and 4-5 nurses with two locations....Betheen was great about communication and organization. She was also very compassionate and always made us feel like we were people and not a number.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
It's a smaller practice of about 5 doctors and 4-5 nurses with two locations.
Dr. Maseelall was very compassionate during the whole process, especially during our loss. She also listened to us and our opinions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen)
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was great at listening to our opinions and discussing all treatment options and possible risks. She also kept us well informed about what was going on, what to expect, and if anything needed to be adjusted along the way. We definitely felt well cared for and trusted her completely.
Research ahead of time so that you're well informed and can talk candidly.
We did an antagonist protocol the first fresh cycle but that cycle was cancelled due to poor stimulation results. Although I have PCOS and a high antral follicle count, but body reacts differently. For the second fresh cycle (which led to our twins), we switched protocols (lupron) and upped the dosage of the gonal f and menopur. Our first transfer from that retrieval ended in a chemical pregnancy and a subsequent FET resulted in our twins.
2010 - 2012
It’s beautiful inside. You feel like you are in a high end salon in the waiting room. Treatment rooms are very clean. The staff [Reproductive Gynecology] is kind. I remember being thankful that the magazine were all fashion or food. Seeing parenting and Mom mags were so upsetting to me at the time. Everything is very thought out.... They listen to your fears and rub your back when you cry. I never felt rushed to leave or alone.
2010 - 2012
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
It’s beautiful inside. You feel like you are in a high end salon in the waiting room. Treatment rooms are very clean. The staff is kind. I remember being thankful that the magazine were all fashion or food. Seeing parenting and Mom mags were so upsetting to me at the time. Everything is very thought out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Summer James at Reproductive Gynecology?
She hugged me when I cried and was so incredibly happy for us once I was pregnant. I also never felt judged by my size. Gowns and drapes fit me
Sweetest women ever. They listen to your fears and rub your back when you cry. I never felt rushed to leave or alone.
How was your experience with Summer James at Reproductive Gynecology?
Extremely knowledgeable and she is able to teach us through drawing pictures, research articles and handouts. She was always prepared with new information each visit. I think her approach is on the aggressive side. If she tried a med or technique for 3 cycles without success she pushed to move to the next level of treatment. Great bedside manner. The only thing I can think of that might be negative to some is that if she wasn’t working when it was time to ovulate I saw another doctor. That didn’t bother me because the practice made sure you meet all of the doctors at some point.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Summer James at Reproductive Gynecology?
Trust her. She does ALL the research for you.
Summer James
Westerville
This [Reproductive Gynecology] is a busy office. I think they have high success rates therefore they have high traffic and don’t take the time to individualize you and your process. They have poor communication through departments and back to the patient.... The office is very busy and it felt like they are behind. But the staff and physician appeared to remember me
European, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is a busy office. I think they have high success rates therefore they have high traffic and don’t take the time to individualize you and your process. They have poor communication through departments and back to the patient.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
First appointment was terrible. Did not explain what he was looking at during the initial transvaginal ultrasound. No education was provided and so I didn’t know how to handle my text results. He went on vacation without notifying me and I was supposed to start and IVF cycle. And then never called me back (not sure if it was poor nurse to physician communication).
Go in knowing that things may not be what you had planned and be ready to ask questions because they’re not going to take the time to explain it to you.
8,000.00 blanket price for IVF
Westerville
Overall we are very happy with the clinic [Reproductive Gyn- Westerville]. Strengths: friendly, compassionate, care about privacy. Only weakness is it is hard to get in touch via telephone... I always have to leave a message. Someone does always call back the same day.... Compassionate, respectful, able to answer questions thoroughly... Dr Jain remembers details of my life and aspects important to my care without me having to remind him.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall we are very happy with the clinic. Strengths: friendly, compassionate, care about privacy. Only weakness is it is hard to get in touch via telephone... I always have to leave a message. Someone does always call back the same day.
Dr Jain remembers details of my life and aspects important to my care without me having to remind him. He genuinely cares about his patients.
Compassionate, respectful, able to answer questions thoroughly
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has always been honest and upfront with us. He answers ours questions directly/bluntly but also with compassion. He always makes me Feel at ease. I have issues with my cervix which makes IUI and other procedures more difficilt than normal. He always takes his time and makes sure I am Comfortable.
Come to your appt with specific questions I had a Million of them and he took the time to answer each one.
Westerville
The easiest way to get ahold of the nurses [at Reproductive Gynecology] is email, they are friendly and willing to help...I overall enjoyed the experience. They could work on their communication a little. Shanell and Jenna are the absolute sweetest! Dr Jain is an awesome dr. The office is clean and inviting. Being able to.do all procedures in office is very convenient...Dr Jain always seems in a rush.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr Jain always seems in a rush.
The easiest way to get ahold of the nurses is email, they are friendly and willing to help
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very good as far as explaining and knowledge. He does seem to be in a rush alot of times. His bedside manner is a little cold. Dr Jain is very straight forward and to the point. I really wouldn't change anything except maybe a little more compassion.
Just ask for a little of his patience
Follistim 225 menopur 75 for 10 days cetrotide the last few days and 5000 hcg for trigger
Westerville
They [nurses at Reproductive Gynecology] were kind and compassionate. Some are better with blood draws and shots than others!...Make sure to plan 1-2 hours for any appointment you make! He [Dr. Mooney] often runs very behind... I like his bedside manner and how he makes me feel comfortable. He adjusts my treatments when I don’t respond well instead of wasting cycles and answers my questions bluntly. He seems to show up late to the clinic often though
He was friendly and gentle. He made me laugh when I was nervous during procedures.
They were kind and compassionate. Some are better with blood draws and shots than others!
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I’ve only done 3 rounds of treatment with Dr. Mooney so far, but I like his bedside manner and how he makes me feel comfortable. He adjusts my treatments when I don’t respond well instead of wasting cycles and answers my questions bluntly. He seems to show up late to the clinic often though.
Make sure to plan 1-2 hours for any appointment you make! He often runs very behind.
He put me on letrozole after I had 3 failed clomid cycles with another doctor. I didn’t respond too well to 7.5 mg, and then 10 mg either. He started me on follistim and got the dose correct. I did 7 days of stims before triggering 4 follicles.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
I have only positive things to say about RGI. They work with you financially, care about you personally, and are a top notch practice....The nursing staff at RGI is kind and compassionate....Dr. Mooney always takes the time needed to answer all of my questions thoroughly and uses relatable analogies to help me better understand....Dr. Mooney is very open and honest. He will be forthcoming with his opinion, but this will always be in the patient's best interest.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff at RGI is kind and compassionate.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Mooney to friends and family. Over the time I have been his patient I always feel that he knows and cares about me and wants the best for me. He always takes time to exaplin my situation, medications, and course of action very thoroughly. He uses analogies to make medical situations relatable and understandable. He has a great sense of humor, making him relatable yet again. He is also compassionate and serious when need be.
My insurance covers most finances.
PCOS, Unexplained
All the nurses [at Reproductive Gynecology] were very nice...This office billed my insurance and then I paid them monthly for the remainder costs...I recommend RGI for basic fertility needs for young couples. If you’re over 35, single and needing advanced fertility needs this is probably not the clinic for you. I was minded of my age way too often...Very kind doctor, just uses a standard formula for patients instead of listening to their cycle. I was also reminded of my age way too often.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
All the nurses were very nice
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I’m glad I selected RGI to go to for my basic fertility needs. It helped me in my journey to a more advanced treatment at another clinic. Dr Nash is very knowledgeable and compassionate towards his patients
Do your homework, ask questions and don’t let them rush you through an appointment.
Call on cycle day 1, go for baseline and blood work. Get meds. Go for mid cycle ultrasound. Trigger shot. IUI. 2 week wait.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Maseelall [of Reproductive Gynecology] is the one doctor who I would recommend to anyone I know who is going through infertility. She was referred to me by a colleague who sung her praises. Infertility is heartbreaking and difficult for all involved. Priya keeps things honest and down to earth. You feel important. My husband and I felt like she kept us in the loop and listened to all our concerns. Overall, there really isn't anything I can complain about. She's a fantastic Doctor.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
She's a wonderful Doctor. She made me feel comfortable. I felt like our concerns were heard. She took the time to catch up with our personal lives each visit. She would remember conversations from the previous visit and ask how everything worked out. We left each appointment (even if it was not so great news) feeling good about our journey to becoming parents.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is the one doctor who I would recommend to anyone I know who is going through infertility. She was referred to me by a colleague who sung her praises. Infertility is heartbreaking and difficult for all involved. Priya keeps things honest and down to earth. You feel important. My husband and I felt like she kept us in the loop and listened to all our concerns. Overall, there really isn't anything I can complain about. She's a fantastic Doctor.
She is honest with you about your chances for procedures, be prepared to hear the truth.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
This clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is very nice and clean. Appears to have up to date equipment. It’s nice there is a LabCorp on site to get bloodwork completed ASAP. It is busy, but runs on schedule. If behind at all they apologize for the wait.... The nurse forgot to call in medicine once. I was able to reach via email and gave it filled. It did not effect my cycle... I feel Dr Jain takes time to know you and your history. He remembers key details about previous cycles.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This clinic is very nice and clean. Appears to have up to date equipment. It’s nice there is a LabCorp on site to get bloodwork completed ASAP. It is busy, but runs on schedule. If behind at all they apologize for the wait.
I feel Dr Jain takes time to know you and your history. He remembers key details about previous cycles. He also gets to know you as a person and asks about /takes interest details in our personal hobbies, work etc
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
After seeing another specialist, Dr Jain reviewed all my paperwork to have a good discussion regarding next steps with my husband and me. He’s always been kind, compassionate and has great bedside manner.
He may appear arrogant at times, but he really knows his stuff
Westerville
The staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is Friendly, easy to get into, always see your own doctor, not a long wait time during appointments. Billing can be somewhat confusing. Nurse communicates by email which can be difficult at times but also convenient at times.... He's [Dr. Akas Jain] very thorough, wants everything to be perfect to get the best results. Will not cut corners or go forward with retrieval/ transfer unless he thinks everything is perfect. Truly cares about achieving the best results possible for his patients
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The staff is Friendly, easy to get into, always see your own doctor, not a long wait time during appointments. Billing can be somewhat confusing. Nurse communicates by email which can be difficult at times but also convenient at times.
Dr Jain remembered personal things about me
Very nice, sometimes seemed rushed
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's very thorough, wants everything to be perfect to get the best results. Will not cut corners or go forward with retrieval/ transfer unless he thinks everything is perfect. Truly cares about achieving the best results possible for his patients.
Ask questions
Used the highest dose for Stims that he could due to my diminished ovarian reserve.
Westerville
Very informative and caring staff [Reproductive Gynecology] including the billing department.... Calm and relaxing during such a stressful time. Nurses made sure we were comfortable during each office visit. Answered any questions I had without hestitation. Very helpful during the PESA procedure.... [Cost Of Treatment] Too expensive to do the IVF procedure yet. They do not offer in house financing.... Very detailed, talked us through everything.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very detailed, talked us through everything.
Very informative and caring staff including the billing department.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Explained what the issue was. Seen him everytime we had a scheduled appointment. Took his time and made sure we had a clearing understanding on what to expect with the procedures. Very caring and compassionate.
Make sure you understand everything before you leave the office.
Male infertility factor. Had the PESA surgery. Cryofrozen sperm.
Dr. Nash said it was up to us if we wanted to transfer 1 or 2 eggs. Have not done IVF yet due to cost.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Maseelall is one-of-a-kind! She was always pleasant and took time to explain issues.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Simply the best experience I've ever had with a physician. I wish more could be like her. She is compassionate yet serious and was able to describe my infertility in an understandable manner for me and my spouse. We really valued her taking extra time when necessary and showing empathy for what we have been through with other doctors.
Go see her first. She is busy and maybe a farther drive than Cleveland, but it was a much better experience.
2009 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Dr. Mooney was great... I felt more like a number when it came to the other doctors and some of the nurses.
2009 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Dr. Mooney was great. Took his time, never rushed through any exams/consultations. Heard when I was concerned and took action. I felt more like a number when it came to the other doctors and some of the nurses.
There are a few who are wonderful and never make you feel stupid when you have questions or concerns. There are others who rush and seem annoyed with you.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was great. Always took his time and never rushed. Made sure all my questions were answered. Always addressed my concerns.
May have to wait to see him, but it's worth it because of the time he takes with you.