95 Arch Street
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333

Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. David Nash] is very honest but sometimes it feels like he is in a rush...He told me mid scan that we would not be able to move forward with our IUI because of the restrictions in place now, even though I had a huge follicle ready. I could see the sadness on his face. I clearly was not the first person he had to say that to that day. He did allow me to get the trigger shot at the clinic that day, because I had already taken the 5 days of meds. Unfortunately, it was not successful. I called cycle day 1 (last week) and the nurse said the doctor said I had to wait until my next cycle for obvious reasons. Overall, I trust Dr. Nash.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is kind and funny! They make sure you feel comfortable while you are there. I have called plenty of times with random questions and they are always patient and answer them. During the shut down they were very proficient in the new procedures...I love how easy it was to get into the clinic and start our journey. The scheduling is easy but depending on the days of your cycle, you are likely not to get “your” doctor. That’s what happened with us. Most of the time we had a different doctor, because Dr. Nash is only at that location a couple of times a week. Overall, I like the clinic.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was very nice in our first meeting. Our second was a full consultation after testing and we were 15 minutes late. He eliminated the idea that I had PCOS, which was one of the reasons we were sent to him in the first place. After that we saw him a couple more times before our first IUI. IUI number 1 and 2 were with another doctor because of the way the dates fell. When I went in for my last scan before IUI number 3, I had to go in a day early because I got a positive ovulation test at home. Dr. Nash was very accommodating. Unfortunately, it was at the beginning of the Ohio COVID-19 shutdown. He told me mid scan that we would not be able to move forward with our IUI because of the restrictions in place now, even though I had a huge follicle ready. I could see the sadness on his face. I clearly was not the first person he had to say that to that day. He did allow me to get the trigger shot at the clinic that day, because I had already taken the 5 days of meds. Unfortunately, it was not successful. I called cycle day 1 (last week) and the nurse said the doctor said I had to wait until my next cycle for obvious reasons. Overall, I trust Dr. Nash.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Make sure you ask questions, even if you think they are dumb. He doesn’t go into much detail about things if you don’t ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very honest but sometimes it feels like he is in a rush.
Describe the protocols David Nash used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
Round 1 of IUI we used Clomid ( started with Dr. Nash, procedure by Dr.Jain) Round 2 of IUI we started Letrozole instead because Clomid gave me a huge cyst on my left ovary and we had to wait a cycle for it to go away (Dr. Jain) Round 3 I took Letrozole and the trigger shot, but no insemination because of COVID-19 restrictions ( Started with Dr.Jain, ended with Dr.Nash) We have had no success. Originally Dr. Nash suggested we only try 3 rounds of IUI and if we were unsuccessful, move to IVF with ICSI. **Dr. Jain consulted with Dr. Nash about course of treatment when I was not seen by Dr.Nash
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff is kind and funny! They make sure you feel comfortable while you are there. I have called plenty of times with random questions and they are always patient and answer them. During the shut down they were very proficient in the new procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.
We have spent roughly $5000 at the clinic since the beginning of our journey. Our insurance covers 0% of the cost. Each round of IUI has been roughly $1100.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
The morning of our last scan, I called to make sure I should come in and that we were okay to move forward. With the COVID-19 restrictions at clinics I wanted to be sure we weren’t wasting our time if I couldn't do the IUI. The person I talked to said yes, since we had already started meds, our cycle was safe. Then during my scan, the doctor told me we would have to cancel because of new restrictions they were given the night before.
Treated 2016 - 2020
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui [with Dr. Maseelall] resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
office [of Reproductive Gynecology] was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back...Jen [nurse] was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate...They told me my hsg test would be covered when it was not but they made it right by giving me a discount for some of it.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She wants you to have a successful pregnancy and is very kind and blunt. She explains risks and has your best interests in mind. She makes you feel like a friend and is so happy if you become pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Make sure you figure out a way to get all your questions answered, it can be difficult in this clinic because they are so busy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr always treated me like a human but office was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate. Tried to get me the best deal on my meds and get the most use out of them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Front office staff is very friendly. Be prepared to rarely get anyone on the phone, always leave messages and they will call you back. That part is very frustrating for someone who works and can't always answer their phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
Iui was 600. 200 for each monitoring appt, 2 per cycle with clomid, 3 with gonal f. Gonal f cost about $700 per month
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
She will only do a single embryo transfer for me since I am 31. This is a problem for us doing ivf because we don't want to have left over frozen embryos. I found another Dr that would transfer 2 for me.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Jain was very sympathetic to the loss of our first son and I do feel as though he listened when I had something to offer or talk about. However, I did feel at times as though he needed to read my chart before meeting with me to be familiar with my case and my treatment.... I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages
I like the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.... Each round of IUI cost $500. The trigger shot was $125. Ultrasounds and blood work were run through my insurance.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages, and we discussed my history at a glance. I also never feel like I know what is next. I am rarely given any direction on how to take next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
If you have them, ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
After 6 failed cycles of Clomid with my regular OB/GYN, she referred me to Dr. Jain. Dr. Jain was suprised to here that we had one successful pregnancy (that resulted in my son being stillborn) and had had no success with Clomid. He decided to do one more round of Clomid and do our first round of IUI. I had 3 mature follicles that cycle with very high numbers from my husband and Dr Jain was confident in our chances. After the first round was unsuccessful, Dr. Jain felt that my endomentrial lining was thin due to the rounds of Clomid, so he switched me to Letrozole. During that cycle I only had one mature egg and so my husband and I decided to skip IUI that cycle. Dr. Jain did feel that my lining looked better after changing medication. I am currently at the beginning of our 3rd cycle with Dr. Jain. He raised my dose of Letrozole with the hopes of having more eggs. Mid-cycle check is next Monday and we will decided how to proceed for this cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
I have seen a few nurses. All of them are very nice, however none stick out as going above and beyond. I also don't feel as though they provide any information as to what to expect next.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I like the clinic. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I really liked Dr. Maseelall she is very friendly and explains everything thoroughly. I always feel like she is rushing and often running behind. I am happy with my choice to switch from my last clinic to this one based solely on my experience with her as a doctor. ... I have dor/ low amh. ... Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
They [Reproductive Gynecology] are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff. ... They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. ... Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
The clinic is often running behind and the support staff is sometimes lacking, but it is with putting to with that to have Dr. Maseelsll in charge of your care.
My doctor is amazing and some of the nursing staff is great some I don't like dealing with. I rarely see my doctor as most interaction is with staff.
I recently just did my furst round of ivf. I have dor/ low amh. We were predicted to only get 1-2 eggs and it was suggested we use donor eggs. Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Staff is incredibly hard to get ahold of through the phones. Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff.
Our initial deposit was 9 000 we did not do icsi or genetic testing. Or medications were around 5500.
We haven't gotten here in treatment yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. They don't call with my daily blood work results during stims. I have to reach out to them.
Akron
Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment.... I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult.
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated.... I wish they [Reproductive Gynecology] had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.... I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early!
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult. He did seem to have good bedside manner he seemed liked he cared about me and that what I was going through was difficult. I wish he were more thorough with each visit,but he seemed so busy that he just didnt have the time to be ! He must be good!
See him if you mean business about conceiving and dont want to waste time. He wants his treatments to work, and he is honest with you and gives you the realistic options
Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment. Even if the news wasn't good,I would want to hear the honest truth directly from the doctor at the time of visit and not left in the dark about what was going on with my progress .
Dr nash stimulated me hard, doubled my dose of menopure and watched closely for positive changes. I have low ovarian functioning,so he wanted to try and get my ovaries to produce the most eggs possible. He also had me taking supplements to help with egg quality. On egg retrieval day, we got 9 eggs. My Amtrak follicle count was low,so this was really good .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
I felt like the clinic was so busy that even the nursing staff wasn't able to spend much time with me or really get to know me. I heard many times that i would receive a phone call , and never did. I felt in the dark about a lot especially labs. They never called with any results. I lived an hour away and they made us drive to the office for discussion of anything. Stuff that easily could have been discussed on the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early! For the most part, they were direct and knew what they were doing, but I wish they just explained things to me because as a patient i was not sure of what to expect-ever! Didnt know the details of next steps. Sometimes I was sure glad I asked,because if I didnt I may have wasted a few long drives out there due to not being prepared at my visits
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated. Its discouraging and very scary to spend every last dollar you have to potentially not conceive! They did have a program with success guaranteed but I did not qualify for it. I wish they had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.
Describe David Nash's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I had to attend a seminar before undergoing treatment and this is when they stressed the importance of why they only do single embryo transfer. They stated all the risks involved with carrying multiples and it made sense
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
I just think that overall the clinic could be run better if communication was better and the patient was always informed of everything going on
Akron
[Dr. Akas Jain is] Wonderful at making you feel comfortable and bringing humor to a not so humorous situation. Good bedside manner. Does not remember specifics about us individually as he appears very rushed...I do not believe that this is lack of knowledge but lack of time...Very rushed, doesn't fully explain procedures (relies on nurses to explain everything) doesn't remember details about us...we are doing our first IUI with clomid and trigger shot.
We pay out of pocket [at Reproductive Gynecology] - costs so far $200 each visit $200 sperm analysis $125 trigger shot $500 IUI...Beautifully decorated clinic that reminds you more of a cosmetic procedures/spa office than a fertility clinic. Staff is nice but not overly by any means. They get you checked in, take your money, direct you where to go and do usually say something as you leave. I imagine there are a lot of emotions with patients in and out so they stay pretty neutral.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Wonderful at making you feel comfortable and bringing humor to a not so humorous situation. Good bedside manner. Does not remember specifics about us individually as he appears very rushed. Relying on him for his knowledge but he relies on his nursed to explain procedures or process in detail. We still fully believe in him as a doctor and person and we are doing our first IUI with clomid and trigger shot. We have completed 2 prior rounds of clomid.
Trust the process and know that you can rely on his nursed to explain what he may not. I do not believe that this is lack of knowledge but lack of time. If you have questions or concerns for him make sure you ask directly since you may not get that much individual time during your visit.
1st round of clomid 50mg produced 2 eggs ,( one on each side) but short periods so switched to letrizole for 2nd round and ovulation was early (unable to do IUI) along with other side effects. 3rd round 50mg clomid produced 3 eggs on one side and setup IUI date. Dr did advise of chance of multiples and advised that we could proceed with timed intercourse this month if we were uncomfortable with that and he would adjust the clomid dosage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Although extremely busy (scheduling everyone's fertility timeframe, writing scripts etc.), they will take the time to answer questions you may have. I rely on them for procedural answers. For instance, my husband and I have never given a shot so one of the nurses fully explained everything including showing us the needle and how to prep and use it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We pay out of pocket - costs so far $200 each visit $200 sperm analysis $125 trigger shot $500 IUI
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
When we first had tests done, we were divided that we would get a call with results however we inevitably got them at our next appointment. They were all positive results so news earlier would have been relieving.
Treated 2014 - 2019
He [Dr. Jain] has always given us honest feedback about our situation and best ways to proceed. That being said, he can also be blunt and make me feel bad. I’ve left the office in tears many times, not because he was mean, but because he was trying to make sure we knew the entirety of the situation. He has also showed a tremendous amount of support for us over the years, from working directly with our donor egg agency to help us select the best donor, giving up weekend time to talk with us on the phone, to contacting my OB/GYN after our miscarriage to make sure he had all of the information possible.
Lynn is a most amazing nurse at RGI. She is our favorite person there - she has served as my coordinator at times...I was waiting for pregnancy test results after an FET, so it was a big one. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I had been bugging them all afternoon. It was almost the end of their day when I finally asked what we were going to do about it when they told me they got covered up with some other papers. It was negative, but the experience was extra frustrating, obviously.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a perfectionist. He wants you to get pregnant. These things were never in question for us. He has always given us honest feedback about our situation and best ways to proceed. That being said, he can also be blunt and make me feel bad. I’ve left the office in tears many times, not because he was mean, but because he was trying to make sure we knew the entirety of the situation. He has also showed a tremendous amount of support for us over the years, from working directly with our donor egg agency to help us select the best donor, giving up weekend time to talk with us on the phone, to contacting my OB/GYN after our miscarriage to make sure he had all of the information possible. His communication style can be challenging, but I ultimately believe he is very good at what he does and that he truly wants us to succeed.
If you need time to ask questions, schedule a consultation appointment. He does office visits quickly and will not give you a generous amount of time, but he will in a consult. It’s your money and your time and your health, make him give you the time you deserve.
Dr. Jain is a very busy doctor. I believe that he ultimately wants your success, but getting him to give you his full attention can be challenging at times. The clinic has gotten so much busier from when we initially started going there that it has felt difficult over the years to feel like we still matter to anyone there.
I don’t remember specifics. My first retrieval was difficult due to a cyst on one ovary and my other ovary being located very high in my pelvic cavity. My second retrieval was entirely unsuccessful - no eggs retrieved at all, which was a huge disappointment and ultimately what led to the use of donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel )
Lynn is a most amazing nurse at RGI. She is our favorite person there - she has served as my coordinator at times. I’ve been through several coordinators over the years, but Shannel is the current one. She is a very efficient communicator, but can be short and not very compassionate at times. She will always respond to emails though, which I am so appreciative of.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They’re busy. Columbus only has 2 clinics with a new third one just getting started. RGI is by far the more cutting edge of the two and frankly their busy-ness feels like a weakness at this point. The pro is that they are good - Dr. Jain is a good doctor, they have a great lab, and I think they do their best to run an efficient practice even when taking on so many patients.
IVF was something like $15,500 ICSI was $1,500 Donor Egg Retrieval was $17,125 Donor Egg Agency cost was approximately $10,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
Just one time, I was waiting for pregnancy test results after an FET, so it was a big one. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I had been bugging them all afternoon. It was almost the end of their day when I finally asked what we were going to do about it when they told me they got covered up with some other papers. It was negative, but the experience was extra frustrating, obviously.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Mooney] is very up-front, which is good. Makes good use of metaphor to help explain complex ideas. I felt constantly rushed during appointments and he often seemed annoyed by my questions. That said, he was good at explaining our treatment protocol and next steps. Bedside manner is definitely lacking. Also worth noting that he very abruptly left RGI recently (September 2019) and patients were not immediately notified -- which may be the fault of the clinic, but as a patient, I feel that I have a right to be informed about that kind of major change.
Don't expect someone [at Reproductive Gynecology] to answer the phone when you call -- be prepared to leave a message. They are pretty good about calling you back the same day. Receptionists and nurses are very friendly. The Canton office is small but Akron is large and comfortable. ... Dr. Mooney left the practice and I had to find out from a fellow patient, rather than the clinic or Dr. Mooney himself.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very up-front, which is good. Makes good use of metaphor to help explain complex ideas. I felt constantly rushed during appointments and he often seemed annoyed by my questions. That said, he was good at explaining our treatment protocol and next steps. Bedside manner is definitely lacking. Also worth noting that he very abruptly left RGI recently (September 2019) and patients were not immediately notified -- which may be the fault of the clinic, but as a patient, I feel that I have a right to be informed about that kind of major change.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Don't expect to be coddled or receive a lot of empathy. He is very knowledgeable and will explain complex ideas well. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He always seemed rushed unless I was his last patient of the day. Always running late.
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
When we started, Dr. Mooney suspected I was not ovulating on my own so he put me on Metformin, Cabergoline, and Synthroid. We then did 3 cycles of Clomid and timed intercourse, all of which failed. Our next step was 3 Letrozole cycles with timed intercourse, which also failed. We then moved onto IUIs. After 4 failed IUIs, Dr. Mooney informed us that he suspected I have endometriosis and recommended a laparoscopy. Dr. Mooney performed my laparoscopy a few weeks later and found and removed stage 2 endo. He left the next steps up to us, and we are pursuing a natural cycle before returning to medicated cycles and possibly more IUIs.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Don't expect someone to answer the phone when you call -- be prepared to leave a message. They are pretty good about calling you back the same day. Receptionists and nurses are very friendly. The Canton office is small but Akron is large and comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
IUIs cost $500 plus the cost of meds.
Canton
I feel like he [Dr. Nash] could have provided more information in each check-up. He generally just ran the test (e.g. ultrasound) and said things looked good without telling me what he was a) looking for, or b) what he saw on the screen. He is incredibly kind however. ... I ended up guessing how many I had and what sizes they were by looking at the screen (which is hard to understand for someone not in the medical field). I wish he would have provided more information in each appointment.
I strongly dislike that they [Reproductive Gynecology] do not have a patient portal. Having access to your test results and plans via one app would be so much easier and convenient than the email system they are using now. Besides that I strongly dislike that you can never reach anyone by phone. ... I remember when I first tried to get an appointment it took days to receive a call-back and I'm almost 100% positive I had to call two times to even get to talk to someone to make an appointment.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I wish I was provided more information when I went in for a follicle count. I ended up guessing how many I had and what sizes they were by looking at the screen (which is hard to understand for someone not in the medical field). I wish he would have provided more information in each appointment.
He is only in the Columbus office two days a week so you will be seeing another doctor when he is not there. Be sure to ask questions. Be your own best advocate. I feel like I've had to follow-up on my thyroid blood draws time after time. I've had to continually up my thyroid medication and I'm still not where I should be.
Dr. Nash has always been very kind. I feel like he could have provided more information in each check-up. He generally just ran the test (e.g. ultrasound) and said things looked good without telling me what he was a) looking for, or b) what he saw on the screen. He is incredibly kind however. He always takes the extra second at the end of the appointment to look at you directly and say it was 'nice to see you'.
For egg retrieval: Apply Testerone gel (.5ml) to upper arm once daily until trigger. 3 days later start bc for 9 days. After baseline - start Gonal-f 375 and Menopur 75, start dexamethasone (.5mg) take two daily until trigger. 6 days later - start omnitrope (8 units subcutaneous daily). Trigger with HCG. Doxy before and after retrieval. For egg transfer: Start Estrace 2mg twice daily and start baby aspirin once daily. Three days later increase Estrace to 2mg three times daily. Five days later decrease Estrace to 2x a day. Start Medrol once per evening for 7 days. Start 1.5cc of PIO in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel Gibson)
The IVF coordinator is quick to respond by email but is difficult to reach by phone. She was always very good about answering questions and clarifying next steps.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic itself is decorated very well. The first time I walked in I felt like I was somewhere very exclusive. I remember when I first tried to get an appointment it took days to receive a call-back and I'm almost 100% positive I had to call two times to even get to talk to someone to make an appointment. I strongly dislike that they do not have a patient portal. Having access to your test results and plans via one app would be so much easier and convenient than the email system they are using now. Besides that I strongly dislike that you can never reach anyone by phone.
I paid $14,500 (not including meds) for retrieval, ICSI, PGT/D testing.
I only had one embryo that was normal to choose from.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
I have a translocation. When I tried to appeal the denial of one of my IVF medications I received a letter from my doctor to help with the repeal and it said that my husband, not I, had the translocation.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need.... The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment.... One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need. One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
Schedule appointments on days that you have a lot of time.
He was personable and took time to talk with us and answer our questions.
The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months. My husband was treated for 3 months with Clomid to raise testosterone levels which did rise after one month and are waiting the results of the 3 month semen analysis. We will go back for further treatment after those results come back.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
They are very friendly and personable. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable even in uncomfortable situations.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment. They give you detailed information about scheduling tests(ex. semen analysis) so you know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.
Each appointment was $120 which we paid $40 copay. Each semen analysis was $200 out of pocket. My endometriosis surgery was over $8,000(about 80% was covered by insurance). My husband's Clomid prescription was about $10 a month.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
At times, we have had to call to get results if they weren't provided in the timeline they told us they would be.
Canton

When Dr. Jain entered the office he didn't introduce himself or shake our hands. He spent about 30 minutes talking to us about our previous experience with failed fertility treatments, which made me cry at points, and he failed to show any empathy or even offer tissue.... The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.... Not sure how I feel about this yet, but our nurse prefers to communicate via email instead of phone....
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems. Dr. Jain spoke off the cuff, which again, I appreciated because my previous RE was *very* reheared. After speaking with Dr. Jain in his office, he suggested we move to a procedure room in order to perform an AFC. I was grateful for this because after treatment with my previous RE, an AFC had never been performed at baseline. The bad: Dr. Jain spent a good time blaming my previous RE, calling his techniques antiquated and completely based on a handful of old case studies. The ugly: Dr. Jain's bluntness often borders on rudeness. He was generally unpleasant and didn't introduce himself or shake our hands upon meeting or finishing our appointment.
Prepare yourself for a RE who lacks bedside manner.
I'm currently under the agonist protocol, priming with a short cycle of birth control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.
$7,600 with embryo freezing.
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Jain said that we could decide if we wanted him to transfer 1-2 embryos.
Treated 2014 - 2018
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He [Dr. Jain] did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.... I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended.
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They [Reproductive Gynecology- Westerville] have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.
My advice is the same for any fertility doctor, have them explain all procedures and outcomes in detail. Some times I feel like I'm missing bits and pieces of info that would help my understanding of the process.
I don't feel like a number because I am addressed by name and not my account information. The nurses and doctor are readily available to answer questions.
I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended. We had one full cycle with first donor, but embryos were low quality, transfer was negative, and extra embryos weren't good enough to freeze. Second donor cycle was cancelled before transfer when donor wasn't responding to the drugs as well as hoped. Donors 3-4 were tested, but didn't meet the requirements. Donor 5 was a good candidate, but had to back out due to an injury. Donor 6 was successful in that we got 12 quality embryos to freeze: After a negative test and a miscarriage, we did PGS testing. 7 of 10 embryos tested were abnormal. Had two transfers of “normal” embryos which ended in chemical pregnancy and a misacarriage. During the first donor egg cycle I was synced to donor, so I had prenatal vitamins and folbic tablet, birth control pills, then lupron, estrogen, and eventually progesterone shots. There were some meds taken around time of transfer, such as antibiotics as prep. This current cycle I am not syncing to the donor's cycle, so there is no lupron, but the rest of the meds are pretty similar, except this time I have an additional thyroid med due to low TSH. Because of recurrent miscarriage was tested for clotting issues, but none found.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: In the beginning yes, but not now)
When we started, Betheen took care of the IVF patients and was readily available to answer questions, but she retired. Lately, it’s a small group of nurses who take turns responding, but I do have nurses’ email and doctor’s email and phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses (in a legible form that wasn't in office codes). The drop off for semen samples is not more than a hallway leading to a window with a couple of chairs to the side and can be awkward if someone's waiting there and another person has to drop off, mainly due to cramped quarters. Some times they over book and can run late, which is not fun on a Monday or Saturday morning when it seems very busy.
This is an estimate... about $22k total for a cycle: donor drugs, egg retrieval, embryology, and transfer (no freezing). Freezing embryos for my second cycle was $1k extra. Donor drugs are around $3-3500 of that $22k. My drug costs have ranged from $500-750 per cycle and not part of the $22k. IUIs were $500 and extra for the drugs (clomid was ~$25, can't remember how much follistim and HcG chot were).
I prefer single transfer. The last four transfers have been singles. For the last attempt, due to low quality of embryos, two were transferred, but that didn't work.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
My husband had one of his blood samples go missing, mostly likely at the lab handling it, but who knows.
Westerville
I am so thankful we found dr Mooney. We always felt taken care of and like he truly cared about us succeeding at starting a family. There were a few appointments I felt confused when I left and had to call back in the office to clarify medication or when to start it, etc. but over all our experience with Dr. Mooney has been fantastic.... Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics [rom Reproductive Gynecology] because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He tells it like it is so you have to be okay with a blunt doctor.
It doesn’t matter how busy dr Mooney is it if he comes in late for a consult, when you’re in the room with him you have his undivided attention. You are the most important thing in that moment. He’s great for a pep talk after a negative cycle, as well.
Our very firsy protocol was trying clomid + trigger shot. We thought I just needed to ovulate and we’d be pregnant but I started my period before the two week wait was up so the next cycle we did clomid + trigger shot + progesterone. This cycle failed as well so we scheduled the next cycle the same way but also made an appt for a consult to discuss the next step for us. Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working. So, we had a consult and decided to try IUI with cycles 4-6 and then starting with cycle 7, move on to IVF if I’m not pregnant yet. He wasn’t necessarily confident in the IUI working because we have no make factor and my only Issue is low egg count. But with insurance requirements, I had to complete 6 cycles before moving into something else so the idea was, “why not?” We had nothing to lose. We switched to letrozole + trigger + IUI + progesterone. We are currently on cycle 5 in total, the second IUI cycle. If this cycle doesn’t work, we will do one more and move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would want a new patient to know that it is very difficult to get an actual Person on the phone. Be prepared to leave messages and wait by your phone for a call back. It would also be stellar to know up front about any costs that you will need to pay for up front so you come prepared, and don’t have to scramble. If the office was more organized and communicated better I think this would be a much less stressful experience.
Each IUI cycle is roughly $1200 for us WITH insurance. We’ve spent roughly 10-12 thousand between all the diagnostic procedures, ultrasounds, and cycles.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
I was told to start progesterone immediately by the nurse though I was still on my period and had not even ovulated yet. I went in for an appt that was “lost” but couldn’t be rescheduled because it was my follicle scan so dr Mooney was not prepared to treat me that day and I felt like I wasn’t taken care of. It was also my first treatment cycle and he was so flustered that they didn’t go over any medication with me or anything. I had to call back in to get clarification on many things. They have forgotten to have me sign crucial paperwork including one that determines insurance approving or rejecting claims and a consent form for letrozole.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Mooney] always greeted me by name, and took time to explain things and answer my questions...I immediately liked and felt at ease with him. He was knowledgeable and professional, but could also be a “regular guy” and help you relax and feel more at ease. He does have a tendency to try and lighten the mood which I enjoyed but someone else might not...He would also listen to my requests for my treatment and explain why he would agree or disagree but in the end he let me have the final say which I really appreciated. I felt heard and treated with respect. The only “negative” I can say is that he can come off as slightly “cocky” sometimes, but overall I don’t think that’s too much of a bad thing because I want my doctor to be confident in his abilities.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] has multiple locations and extended hours including weekends so it is easy to get in at a time that works best for you. They were seemingly always running slightly behind, especially with afternoon appointments I would occasionally not go back until almost an hour after my appointment time. They also were not very sensitive when it comes to payment and they would not offer a payment plan when my insurance did not cover and I had to self pay. They did offer a self pay “discount” but every appointment cost at least $200 and I had them about once a week so it was very expensive and they didn’t seem to care or offer any alternatives.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
When I first met with Dr. Mooney for the consultation I immediately liked and felt at ease with him. He was knowledgeable and professional, but could also be a “regular guy” and help you relax and feel more at ease. He does have a tendency to try and lighten the mood which I enjoyed but someone else might not. He was always willing to answer my questions, I had a lot. He would also listen to my requests for my treatment and explain why he would agree or disagree but in the end he let me have the final say which I really appreciated. I felt heard and treated with respect. The only “negative” I can say is that he can come off as slightly “cocky” sometimes, but overall I don’t think that’s too much of a bad thing because I want my doctor to be confident in his abilities.
Speak up when you have questions or concerns, and be prepared for a lot of emotions.
He always greeted me by name, and took time to explain things and answer my questions.
I started off using clomid (50) and dexamethasone to stimulate ovulation and lower testosterone, respectively. That was unsuccessful so I moved on to clomid 100 and produced one follicle and used the “trigger shot” that I can’t remember the name of. That cycle was unsuccessful so we started again at 100, no results, moved up to 150 and actually missed ovulation by the time I went for the mid cycle ultrasound so that cycle was essentially a bust. Next tried 150 clomid again, no results so we moved on to letrozole and still continued the dexamethasone. The first cycle was unsuccessful but we repeated the same dosage and had two follicles form, used the trigger shot again and I requested to use IUI at that time. We ended up with a negative test and have not returned since.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff was great, very friendly and sensitive to what I was going through. They were always willing to offer a smile or a hug, whatever I needed and I always felt like I was talking to friends when interacting with them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has multiple locations and extended hours including weekends so it is easy to get in at a time that works best for you. They were seemingly always running slightly behind, especially with afternoon appointments I would occasionally not go back until almost an hour after my appointment time. They also were not very sensitive when it comes to payment and they would not offer a payment plan when my insurance did not cover and I had to self pay. They did offer a self pay “discount” but every appointment cost at least $200 and I had them about once a week so it was very expensive and they didn’t seem to care or offer any alternatives.
Each ultrasound visit was $200 for self pay. IUI was $500. Semen analysis was around $150. Clomid, and letrozole costs were quite small. The ovidrel shot was approximately $100 but I had a “compassion care” discount through the pharmacy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
I missed a cycle due to having my mid cycle ultrasound scheduled too late and I had already ovulated.
Treated 2013 - 2016
We weren’t really given a choice, he [Dr. Stephen Mooney] always wanted to place two embryos each transfer...he would be running very behind. I always felt like I was rushed in and out. If I had questions they were answered very quickly...He explained to us that he thought it failed due to my estrogyn level be too high...he explained what a normal estrogen level should be and that mine had been 5 times higher than that and that that could cause the cycle not to work. I was floored! Why wasn’t that brought to our attention prior to the embryo transfer.
She [nurse at Reproductive Gynecology] was very thorough when explaining how to use the medications. She was always returning phone calls reasonably too...When I was waiting on the pregnancy results of my second round of IVF, we were told they would call on a Thursday with the results. They never called and I had to call the following day...IUI was around $500 each cycle. Plus $175 per ultrasound. IVF was approximately $8,000 plus the $3,000 for medications plus $2500 for ICSI. Each additional embryo transfer was $3,000.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
My experience as a patient of Dr. Mooney was nice. However, I felt as if I was more of a number than as a patient. Each appointment was never on time. Which I became accustomed to. I adjusted my schedule for that because I wanted to be his patient. A lot of people I know that have dealt with infertility have gone to him and just adored him. I found that when he took the time to talk to my husband and I we really enjoyed him. However, if he was running behind in his schedule, which happened almost everyday, he was not very happy when I would ask questions. Those were they days when I felt like “just a number” rather than a patient. I felt like, my husband and I just spent our life savings on these fertility treatments, please answer my questions. After going through our first round of IVF we had to go in for our consultation to talk about why it failed. He explained to us that he thought it failed due to my estrogyn level be too high. We he explained what a normal estrogen level should be and that mine had been 5 times higher than that and that that could cause the cycle not to work. I was floored! Why wasn’t that brought to our attention prior to the embryo transfer. We were never even told that my estrogen level was too high. If it was that high we should have been informed that their was a possibility that the transfer might not be successful or at least warn us and give us the decision of waiting for my levels to come down and try the cycle again. When I had my second IVF cycle, he was more cautious of my estrogen level, as it kept rising, he said he didn’t want it to go above 500. The next week it was at 700 and I asked him if we should still follow through with the cycle and he told me that it would be fine. The day before placing the embryos in my estrogen level was closer to 1,000, and I asked him if we should proceed. He said yes it’s fine. The cycle did not result in a pregnancy.
He is a wonderful doctor. But expect to have long wait times during appointments and make sure he answers your questions.
Their were many times when visiting the office during appointments that he would be running very behind. I always felt like I was rushed in and out. If I had questions they were answered very quickly. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because I really did trust him. But sometimes I felt nervous to ask questions because it felt like I was holding him up.
We began with Clomid for a few months after he did an exploratory surgery to remove scar tissue from my Fallopian tubes. After that did not work he had us move to IUI. He said that if something was wrong with my cervix not allowing the sperm to be pushed into the body that IUI would result in pregnancy. After seven cycles of IUI I had an ectopic pregnancy. We tried IUI one more time and he told us our best bet would be IVF because it will bypass my tubes and my cervix.
She was very thorough when explaining how to use the medications. She was always returning phone calls reasonably too.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The canton office is very small. That is definitely one of the biggest downfalls. But the Akron office was always a relief to go to because they are a very large office and they move very steadily. The front office was always helpful when it came to insurance questions and billing.
Describe Stephen Mooney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
We weren’t really given a choice, he always wanted to place two embryos each transfer.
Canton
He [Dr. Stephen Mooney] did take alot of time to answer all questions my husband and I had and when we have met with him we never felt rushed or like a number...He was very thorough with my husband and I. He never sugar coated anything . We never felt rushed and he seemed confident that we could be parents one day. If there was anything we didnt understand or were unsure of he was willing to answer questions and was patient with us.
I had 3 rounds of IUI resulting in 2 early miscarriages [at Reproductive Gynecology]. I also took injectable blood thinners and Clomid...For the most part they [nurses] were very nice and answered questions if possible but they are very busy and seemed a bit rushed and are hard to get on the phone if you have a question for the doctor...The IUI was about $600 each time. The medications and injections were about $400. So far weve spent about $5k out of pocket. I was told if we do a Ivf total would be approximately $16k without insurance.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
To ask questions and not be afraid to keep asking if you dont understand something. We are all new to this and sometimes its so stressful and overwhelming.
He did take alot of time to answer all questions my husband and I had and when we have met with him we never felt rushed or like a number.
I had 3 rounds of IUI resulting in 2 early miscarriages. I also took injectable blood thinners and Clomid.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
For the most part they were very nice and answered questions if possible but they are very busy and seemed a bit rushed and are hard to get on the phone if you have a question for the doctor.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern and clean. All the staff is for the most part very knowledgeable and friendly. Cost wise without insurance like myself they are a bit costly. I would recommend this clinic or the sister clinic in akron ohio. The wait to see a doctor or nurse is average.
I have not started this procedure yet but I plan on it. I'm not sure of his opinion on it yet.
Treated 2014 - 2017
[Dr. Nash was] Friendly and nice. Didn't seem to have other coarse of actions besides clomid/letrozole and trigger. Went straight to IVF quote instead of trying other things. My follicles were 27-29 which may have meant not good numbers. Seemed rushed many times...IUI day 14. Always negative pregnancy. Letrozole...day 14 iui. Always negative pregnancy...Felt rushed to leave after IUIs.
Tried to schedule another cycle of IUI [with Reproductive Gynecology]. Had to come in for labwork and no one would call me back. The nurse was rude. On the voicemail it didn't want details just name and phone number to call back. Ultimately by the time they called back had missed the whole cycle and would have to wait...Gets the ball rolling as far as scheduling hsg, semen analysis, lab work, surgeries
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Write down everything in your appointments and meetings.
Seemed to just be pushed along. Nurses weren't responsive at times. Felt rushed to leave after IUIs.
Clomid 10 mg cycle day 3-9 or 4-10. Ultrasound before starting and then at 12-13 days. IUI day 14. Always negative pregnancy. Letrozole don't remember dose or length....day 14 iui. Always negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
They seemed too overworked. Didn't always know what was going on. Most were very friendly. They needed 2 nurses to just man the phones.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Friendly and nice. Gets the ball rolling as far as scheduling hsg, semen analysis, lab work, surgeries You feel like a just a number and know they are in it for the money. They won't even monitor you if you choose a place like cny. Won't change up treatments even when you ask.
500 per IUI with back to back costing 750. Letrozole/clomid/trigger all covered under my insurance. 25 lab genetic test. Hsg was 250 I think?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
Tried to schedule another cycle of IUI. Had to come in for labwork and no one would call me back. The nurse was rude. On the voicemail it didn't want details just name and phone number to call back. Ultimately by the time they called back had missed the whole cycle and would have to wait.
Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. David Nash] can be blunt and tells you maybe not what you want to hear but he still does it in a way that doesn’t seem as harsh as I’ve seen from other doctors...We did 2 rounds of IVF using a strong protocol since I would not be a good responder. The 2nd round we added growth hormone to try to improve egg quality. The 2nd round was actually less successful then the 1st but neither resulted in quality embryos and only the first resulted in a transfer with nothing to freeze.
[Reproductive Gynecology] really is a great clinic my only issue is there unwillingness to look at more than just what they use as protocol. I’m in the healthcare field and did a lot of research and whenever I brought up possible options I felt quickly dismissed...They [nurses] took the time to explain things and we’re compassionate when dealing with a very emotional patient. This experience is definitely a rollercoaster and they helped guide me through it.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was blunt but compassionate and really seemed to want to help us grow our family. I think he sees a lot of patients so sometimes I felt rushed but I think he was always very honest and thorough when explaining our diagnosis and possibilities and options.
He can be blunt and tells you maybe not what you want to hear but he still does it in a way that doesn’t seem as harsh as I’ve seen from other doctors
He was very respectful and honest the whole time. He didn’t always seem like he remembered me but was very supportive
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
They took the time to explain things and we’re compassionate when dealing with a very emotional patient. This experience is definitely a rollercoaster and they helped guide me through it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
It really is a great clinic my only issue is there unwillingness to look at more than just what they use as protocol. I’m in the healthcare field and did a lot of research and whenever I brought up possible options I felt quickly dismissed
We we’re lucky to have some coverage from insurance but it was roughly 20,000 a treatment with medications etc.
I think sometimes he is very protocol oriented when it comes to how many embryos to transfer

Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Priya Maseelall] is knowledgeable but she has a tendency to rush...Because I didn’t know what to expect at each turn, I felt a little lost. She spent a lot of time with us during consultations but during my actual treatments, she was in and out very fast. It made me feel like either something was wrong or I was a little lost...Come in with questions ahead of time...She won’t transfer more than one embryo...My visits with her were very brief. She took time during the consultations but during the actual treatment, she was in and out very fast and very brief.
They [nurses at Reproductive Gynecology] were very thorough and compassionate...IUI was $1000 IVF was $14000 with ICSI and PGS...Do your research and ask questions. A lot of the time, I think they forget some of us are going through all of this for the first time. Plus it’s a highly emotional process. They doctors and nurses care but I think sometimes it’s natural to feel lost throughout the process but that they don’t realize you may know literally nothing about it.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is knowledgeable but she has a tendency to rush. Her IVF nurses and and staff were fabulous. Because I didn’t know what to expect at each turn, I felt a little lost. She spent a lot of time with us during consultations but during my actual treatments, she was in and out very fast. It made me feel like either something was wrong or I was a little lost.
Come in with questions ahead of time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
They were very thorough and compassionate.
IUI was $1000 IVF was $14000 with ICSI and PGS
She won’t transfer more than one embryo.
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. David Nash] prescribed me the lowest dose of clomid to start my first 3 cycles of iui. We werent successful. The next steps were to do more testing a pelvic test but opted to go for ivf instead...He was great and caring. Upfront about my chances. He didnt treat me like a number. He listened to my concerns. He wanted to try the next step of IVF but I decided to go elsewhere for affordability...He answered all my wuestions and was very upfront with me on my chances of conceiving
They [staff at Reproductive Gynecology] want to keep things moving. Very caring staff. Dont be afraid to ask questions. The nurses are great. The doctors are caring and really want to help you with your goal of creating a family. Make sure your proactive with your treatment...About 1000 per iui...When we went to the required class the nurse said they would only transfer one embryo. Thats part of the reason i wanted to find a doctor that would be willing to do 2.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was great and caring. Upfront about my chances. He didnt treat me like a number. He listened to my concerns. He wanted to try the next step of IVF but I decided to go elsewhere for affordability. RGI is a great fertility clinic. I would recomend them to anyone. Easy to work with.
Share of all of your concerns. Ask lots of questions.
He prescribed me the lowest dose of clomid to start my first 3 cycles of iui. We werent successful. The next steps were to do more testing a pelvic test but opted to go for ivf instead.
They were nice.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They want to keep things moving. Very caring staff. Dont be afraid to ask questions. The nurses are great. The doctors are caring and really want to help you with your goal of creating a family. Make sure your proactive with your treatment.
About 1000 per iui.
Treated 2016 - 2017
We would frequently leave his office thinking we were going to meet with him [Dr. Nash] again only to be told we were done. We would be confused as to what the next step would be and would have to schedule another appointment. Overall, I feel like Dr Nash knows what he is doing but he doesn’t have quite the bedside manner I had hoped.... He only does late appointments one day a week.... Dr Nash seemed to be spread thin between offices.
I feel like this [Reproductive Gynecology] is a big practice. I was just another chart and he just didn’t really know me.... Dr Nash seemed to be spread thin between offices. It’s hard for a working person to make an afternoon appointment. He only does late appointments one day a week. We usually didn’t have to wait very long for appointments. The staff were friendly. The billing department is lacking. I always had to double check everything before paying a bill.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
We would frequently leave his office thinking we were going to meet with him again only to be told we were done. We would be confused as to what the next step would be and would have to schedule another appointment. Overall, I feel like Dr Nash knows what he is doing but he doesn’t have quite the bedside manner I had hoped.
Make sure all your questions are answered and you know the next step before leaving his office.
I feel like this is a big practice. I was just another chart and he just didn’t really know me.
We were ramping up the stimulation drugs for our retrieval from the very beginning. I was on 400-450 Gonal F
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle and Emily)
Always had to leave a message. But the nurses were good at getting back with you the same day
$8000 IVF cycle $1500 ICSI $4000 PGS $1000 Cryo
Dr Nash has a strong preference of single embryo transfer.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Personalized care. [Dr. Jain] Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct...He provided individualized compassionate and direct patient care. Always listened to us had good suggestions and felt confident he could make our dream come true. I saw him for every visit and we didnt have to wait long. He gave his cell phone number so that I could directly text him with questions. He was friendly and thourough while still being blunt enough to not give you false hope.
[The nurses at Reproductive Gynecology were] Very nice compassionate and patient...12k for ivf plus meds...Embryo trAnsfer 3500k...Efficient clean friendly knowledgable... They are getting busier so the wait time has invreased. But waiting room is nice and inviting...[Dr. Jain] Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct... He gave his cell phone number so that I could directly text him with questions. He was friendly and thourough while still being blunt enough to not give you false hope.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
To warn them he is direct because some patients like sugar coating
Personalized care. Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct
We did several iui with letrozole follistim combination because. We then did an egg retrieval followed by fresh transfer which resulted in a miscarriage. 9months later we did a frozen cycle and resulted in a healthy baby girl
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen )
Very nice compassionate and patient
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Efficient clean friendly knowledgable. The lab is great as well as the success of ivf storage and treatment or embryos. They are getting busier so the wait time has invreased. But waiting room is nice and inviting
12k for ivf plus meds Embryo trAnsfer 3500k
Because of my age and history of miscarriage we did 2 embryos and he was ok with that
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Priya Maseelall] very nice, explained things in a way I could understand. very throrough and didn’t leave any stone unturned. got me in at reasonable times. compassionate during procedures. very knowledgeable and willing to spend time to answer questions...she remembered me and talked to me like I was a person not a patient...
[Repro Gyn - Akron] location is great. parking is great. the waiting room is small and you can hear every conversation that is being had. check in is easy and they validate parking. clinic is neat and clean. designated areas for different test and labs and such...forgot to send in a medication but i got it before I needed it because I followed up....didn’t like how you always got a voicemail. some nurses didn’t seem to care or be empathetic to what you’re going through. others were fantastic and made the process feel togo more smooth
ask questions
she remembered me and talked to me like I was a person not a patient
office is eset
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Akas Jain] does seem to be in a rush alot of times....He is very good as far as explaining and knowledge...His bedside manner is a little cold. Dr Jain is very straight forward and to the point. I really wouldn't change anything except maybe a little more compassion...Just ask for a little of his patience...Dr Jain is an awesome dr...Just ask for a little of his patience
The easiest way to get ahold of the nurses [at Reproductive Gynecology] is email, they are friendly and willing to help...I overall enjoyed the experience. They could work on their communication a little. Shanell and Jenna are the absolute sweetest! Dr Jain is an awesome dr. The office is clean and inviting. Being able to.do all procedures in office is very convenient...Dr Jain always seems in a rush.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very good as far as explaining and knowledge. He does seem to be in a rush alot of times. His bedside manner is a little cold. Dr Jain is very straight forward and to the point. I really wouldn't change anything except maybe a little more compassion.
Just ask for a little of his patience
Dr Jain always seems in a rush.
Follistim 225 menopur 75 for 10 days cetrotide the last few days and 5000 hcg for trigger
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The easiest way to get ahold of the nurses is email, they are friendly and willing to help

Treated 2015 - 2017
Very detailed, talked us through everything....Explained what the issue was. Seen him [Dr. Nash] everytime we had a scheduled appointment. Took his time and made sure we had a clearing understanding on what to expect with the procedures. Very caring and compassionate.... [Protocols] Male infertility factor. Had the PESA surgery. Cryofrozen sperm.... Nurses [Reproductive Gyn] made sure we were comfortable during each office visit.
Very informative and caring staff [Reproductive Gynecology] including the billing department.... Calm and relaxing during such a stressful time. Nurses made sure we were comfortable during each office visit. Answered any questions I had without hestitation. Very helpful during the PESA procedure.... [Cost Of Treatment] Too expensive to do the IVF procedure yet. They do not offer in house financing.... Very detailed, talked us through everything.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Explained what the issue was. Seen him everytime we had a scheduled appointment. Took his time and made sure we had a clearing understanding on what to expect with the procedures. Very caring and compassionate.
Make sure you understand everything before you leave the office.
Very detailed, talked us through everything.
Male infertility factor. Had the PESA surgery. Cryofrozen sperm.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Very informative and caring staff including the billing department.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Nash said it was up to us if we wanted to transfer 1 or 2 eggs. Have not done IVF yet due to cost.