95 Arch Street
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333

Treated 2020
During our consults she [Dr. Priya Maseelall] sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct...was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was...at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment...RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was. Although she was direct, at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Come into your consult prepared with any questions you might have. I had a list of them, and she did a great job of patiently answering each one until I felt comfortable and satisfied.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Although RGI Akron is a very busy clinic, they do a pretty good job of making you feel like a person through this journey. During our consults she sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct, which I really appreciated.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I had previously done 2 rounds of Clomid and IUI with a different clinic. She explained that she would like to try one more round of IUI using a different medicine, but if that didn't work we would proceed to IVF. For that round we used the oral Letrozole with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We didn't get pregnant, but we knew that our chances were very low for IUI to work.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment. For example when a procedure is complete letting me know whether to wait there when ready, or if they will be back with paperwork, etc. I felt unsure each time what my next set was before leaving.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a busy clinic so I have had to wait past my appointment time a few times. It is a private practice clinic, so things are a little more personal than my previous experience at a large Clinic. They are always good about getting back to me if I call and leave a message. They are one of the only clinics in the area that offers an IVF Guarantee program to bring home a baby. They have multiple locations, so if you need a different appointment time or location, they can be accommodating. Their blood draw lab is on-site, however they use outside labs to process all of their tests - this has led to confusion on the billing side to track what/who each bill was for. Their billing coordinator was very helpful in explaining the charges and different labs they use. I do wish that they had online medical records, I got used to that with my old clinic and think that would be a value add for them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
A lot of my testing was outdated (about 3 years old) so I had to have a fair amount of testing done to update my records. Because of that we had a large amount of lab costs. We were charged for our consult and the imaging done. I watch our medical charges carefully due to being mischarged in the past at another Clinic, and I haven't seen any charges through RGI that I didn't agree with. Our IUI was not covered, so that charge was an upfront cash fee.
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
We have not started IVF yet due to Covid-19, however RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
During our IUI cycle the clinic forgot to call in my prescription for my trigger shot. This is a time and temperature sensitive medication. They use a mail order pharmacy and told me that the lab would call me in time to receive my medication. When I hadn't heard from the pharmacy 4 days before I needed it I called them. They said they didn't have an Rx on file. So I had to call the clinic and get it sorted out, which they told me they forgot to send it. By this time it was the next day, a Friday, and I had to pay overnight weekend shipping fee to receive the medication in time for my Monday appointment. Only to get to my appointment and explain what happened to Dr Maseelall for her to say, they keep backups there in the office that I could have used. I was frustrated, but accidents happen. I also could have called the pharmacy earlier to check - and will from now on.
Treated 2019 - 2020
[Dr. Akas Jain] was always willing to take time with us when we asked. In many instances we'd have conversations about things other than the fertility treatments - it was great working with him...is very direct in his style of communication. For us, this was great, because he told us what to expect and what his true opinions were (even when that may not have been good news to hear). He was also willing to make some significant adjustments to our stimulation protocol after our first round failed. Not only did he work with us on that, but the updated protocol and his recommendations yielded many more eggs than the first round.
[Reproductive Gynecology is] a fast moving clinic...The staff were friendly, but we had some instances where we were double-checking and finding errors in some of their work. This is not reflective of the entire staff, it was one individual in particular...Dr. Jain would tell us one thing in an appointment, we'd come to an agreement, and then when staff reached out later, the information would be different than what we agreed upon. When we asked the individual to check back to the notes, they'd realize they had missed something from the appointment notes. This happened several times.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is very direct in his style of communication. For us, this was great, because he told us what to expect and what his true opinions were (even when that may not have been good news to hear). He was also willing to make some significant adjustments to our stimulation protocol after our first round failed. Not only did he work with us on that, but the updated protocol and his recommendations yielded many more eggs than the first round.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Understand that he will be very direct with you and isn't going to sugarcoat anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Though it's a fast moving clinic, Jain was always willing to take time with us when we asked. In many instances we'd have conversations about things other than the fertility treatments - it was great working with him
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The results speak for themselves. IVF nurses were great. Sometimes the wait times are longer than you'd expect but I don't know what else you'd expect at a doctors office. The only downside is it can feel a little bit like a factory where they're simply trying to push as many patients through as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
They were comparable to other clinics in central Ohio
Westerville
After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family...has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic [of Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office...the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is very kind and compassionate. She not only took the time to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of our fertility problems but she also took the time to get to know us as a couple. Some may view it as a weakness, but I feel that a doctor that truly knows her patients and can actually empathize with them, with what they are going through, is far superior. She gave us honest, straightforward answers to every question we have asked. She has never sugar-coated anything, but has given us the truth and facts in a manner that was easy for us to understand but yet that we grasped the severity of the situation. Every surgery that she has performed on me, I sae her prior to the surgical appointment and then again in the OR prior to being put under. Which, for me, was a huge relief, knowing that she was there. My family is very strong in our faith and we pray about everything. And she has never looked at me like I was crazy or treated me like my faith wasn't just as important as her medical knowledge -which I had had in the past from a previous dr who told me that it wasn't! Dr Maseelall has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Go! Don't wait like everyone says. We listened to people -including drs- who said we had plenty of time. That we were still young. But guess what? Those people, those DOCTORS didn't diagnose me with PCOS, and because of that. The waiting just led to a more serious condition - complex endometrial hyperplasia with a-typia. Something that could have FULLY taken my fertility and ability to ever carry a child, had Dr Maseelall not caught it and then treated it with tenacity.
Dr Maseelall has always taken the time to answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION we have ever had. When our FET using donor embryo failed, she was more upset than we were!! We've been through so many let downs that we truly didn't expect a positive result, even though we tried to stay positive. She was genuinely upset and honestly, was puzzled as to why the embryo didn't attach. The entire staff treats you like you are the only patient they are seeing, taking the time to answer questions and really talk to you. After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family.
Our very first round, we used lupron to suppress my own hormones. Then I started taking estradiol and baby aspirin. We had to cancel the cycle because I spontaneously ovulated -something I hadn't done in nearly 7 years. She then had me take provera to force me to have a period to shed the lining. When our next cycle was to start, Dr Maseelall discovered that I had developed a cyst so she had us delay the cycle until the cyst disappeared or shrank. We then decided to use letrozole and use my own natural cycle to prepare my uterus and body for an embryo transfer using a donor embryo. I took 4 letrozole pills every day for 5 days. Several days of monitoring my lining growth and symmetry, the size of the follicles I was creating (I produced a total of 5 with 3 growing large enough to actually be released), and then followed by a shot of hCG to trigger ovualtion, followed by 1 week of progesterone shots, an FET using our donor embryo, and then followed by 10 days of progesterone shots.... And a negative pregnancy test. After the test came back negative, we had a heart-to-heart conversation with Dr Maseelall about our options and chances of our 2nd embryo (we only had 2) implanting if we did another round. She suggested doing an ERA test for our next round to see how receptive my uterine lining actually is. So we did it. Using the same protocol we used for our failed transfer. I only produced 3 follicles this time. And the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test. With Christmas a month away, we opted to take a month off and to regroup after the holiday. We have not redone the ERA test as of yet because we have been doing a lot of praying and reevaluating, and discussing the possibility of using a surrogate, which we had discussed with Dr Maseelall the last time we saw her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Most of the time I have gone in, I have had the same nurse. Just because that is how her schedule fell. All of the nurses were kind and compassionate, taking time to answer questions when asked, and very thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI has several satellite offices in addition to their main office in Akron. It makes seeing your dr even more convenient. I first saw Dr Maseelall at a satellite clinic which was only about 25 minutes from my home, vs the hr drive to the main clinic. Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office.
The legal aspect of securing legal rights for our donor embryos cost $5000 for the 1st and an additional $2000 for the 2nd. Our FET cycle, without the cost of medication, cost $3500. For our ERA round, we paid for bloodwork only, which cost us $40 per stick, for a total of $160.
I am grateful that Dr Maseelall explained to us the reasons why she would only transfer one embryo for us. My health and safety were paramount for her.
Akron
At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later...[Dr. Maseelall] guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success...Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
The price for our IVF cycle [at Reproductive Gynecology] was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost...We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Doctor was great. She was involved every step of the way including testing, two surgeries, retrieval and transfer. She was ready to answer questions and help any way she could. When a road block came up during our treatment, she figured out a way to keep things moving and only pushed our time out a few weeks instead of anything longer. She keeps the patient and the situation in mind while doing everything so that her patients have the best chances of getting the baby they so badly want
Come to your appointments with any questions written down. You never know what will come up during your appointment, so having everything written down helps keep your mind on track, and also help if other questions pop up during the appointment so that you don't forget what you originally wanted to ask. Sometimes she can talk fast and move on, don't be afraid to ask her to explain something again, she is there to help so use her to your advantage
She is a great doctor. Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
Around two weeks of birth control to start. Then 10 days of stims - Menopur and Follistim for all 10 days, around day 5/6 we added in Ganirelix. Day 10 we did the trigger shot as well and 36 hours later we did retrieval. At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later. Being a first timer with IVF I didn't ask a lot of questions on the medications, I trusted that my doctor knew what the best course of action was for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle was great to work with. She always made you feel comfortable and encouraged asking questions. She even left a voicemail and left her personal cell phone number so I could call her back and talk. Michelle and Jenna were great with teaching us how to use the meds. We felt totally comfortable when starting injections because of the knowledge they gave us during the teaching demonstration
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall the clinic is great. We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great. Sometimes it can be overwhelming walking in and seeing a full waiting room, but they move fast since a lot of people are just getting blood work. The only thing I think they could improve (and this isn't all the time, just a few times) one of the ladies at the front desk sometimes isn't the nicest person. I get that people have bad days, but when you are working in such a sensitive area there should be more compassion and care when dealing with people over the phone and in the office.
Initial testing to determine cause of infertility was sometimes paid by insurance but most times it was not. The price for our IVF cycle was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost. For stims meds we paid about 3,500 for our 10 days of meds. The doctor prescribed them perfectly and we had nothing left over that was wasted, and we had enough to make it through all of our days. Meds for the frozen transfer prep were another cost. I believe those were around $1200. Some of those were covered under insurance so they were cheaper, but the Lupron kit was the most expensive of that process.
Doctor guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Nash treats my husband and I like humans by always remembering our names...I like his sense of humor, it’s dry for some but I get it! He’s always precise on time and we love that about him. He always wants us to be as comfortable as possible and understand everything...performed a laparoscopic surgery for my endometriosis that’s stage 4...until my husband and I decided to go through IVF...we would go in day 1-3, I’d get an ultrasound and they’d tell me how big my cysts were bc I always have them, and say whether I could take medicine or not. Depending on the size and amount of cysts, I sometimes got to take it. T
I wish they [Reproductive Gynecology] were open in Canfield everyday and on Sundays, but that’s asking for a lot...I wish it was more affordable for IUIs and IVFs...staff actually care. They work with our schedules and our lifestyles very well and do what they can to make our lives better and easier...Best nurse that I will ever have in my entire life is nurse Jenn. I felt a connection of friendship and trust immediately
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I like his sense of humor, it’s dry for some but I get it! He’s always precise on time and we love that about him. He always wants us to be as comfortable as possible and understand everything. He knows we’re not the only ones going through this and he and his staff actually care. They work with our schedules and our lifestyles very well and do what they can to make our lives better and easier
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Always be on time
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash treats my husband and I like humans by always remembering our names. He and his staff are so good to both of us. I’ve never had a doctor who I put so much trust and faith in
Describe the protocols David Nash used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
For the most part until my husband and I decided to go through IVF (supposed to be next month), we would go in day 1-3, I’d get an ultrasound and they’d tell me how big my cysts were bc I always have them, and say whether I could take medicine or not. Depending on the size and amount of cysts, I sometimes got to take it. Then I’d go in around day 12 and get a trigger shot and then day 13 or 14 we’d do the IUI and continue to baby dance for a few days after that. Same thing with timed intercourse when we couldn’t afford another IUI. He also performed a laparoscopic surgery for my endometriosis that’s stage 4
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Jenn!!!!)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I wish they were open in Canfield everyday and on Sundays, but that’s asking for a lot. I love akron hospital and I love the team of doctors that have helped us. I wish it was more affordable for IUIs and IVFs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.
Each appointment is a $50.00 copay. IUIs are $500 Trigger shots $100 Ultrasounds without cysts $200 Medications and prenatals $150 a month IVF will be $20,000
Describe David Nash's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I was hoping to do 2 embryo transfers, but I trust these doctors and know so many success stories where the woman and the male had a lot more complicated issues than me.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr Nash was very knowledgeable and proactive with my treatment. Sometimes not always knowing how to comfort me but I respected his expertise...I valued his knowledge and opinion. So much so that I referred my family to him. Dr Nash without a doubt always stayed ahead of my treatments and was always able to identify eggs vs cysts and appropriate treatment...Originally my treatment started with letrozole (I think 2.5mg) along with trigger shots for timed intercourse which we tried about 4-5 times. I was producing the eggs but was not fertilizing them. Then Doctor suggested we try other options. I was treated with clomid(150mg) trigger shot and IUI. Clomid took 3 tries for correct dosing, some people respond sooner so a lower dose is used first. I was successful with that treatment, I am currently pregnant with twins due in November of 2020.
[Protocol at Reproductive Gynecology included] trigger shots for timed intercourse which we tried about 4-5 times. I was producing the eggs but was not fertilizing them. Then Doctor suggested we try other options. I was treated with clomid(150mg) trigger shot and IUI...Jen from the Canfield office was amazing. She often took time to explain things to me when things got crazy...IUI-$500...The receptionist Sharon at the Canfield office also was amazing. She treated you like a friend or family. After my very first visit there she knew my name Overall the canfield staff are amazing! From the receptionist to the nurse to dr Nash. I appreciate the care that was provided to me
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I valued his knowledge and opinion. So much so that I referred my family to him. Dr Nash without a doubt always stayed ahead of my treatments and was always able to identify eggs vs cysts and appropriate treatment. Some other experiences with different doctors were unable to, however those doctors were great as well.
He may not always know how to comfort you but rest assured he absolutely cares. Dr Nash is very intelligent and proactive with fertility. I trusted him 100% and am glad that I did. I am forever grateful for him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Jen from the Canfield office was amazing. She often took time to explain things to me when things got crazy. She also advocated for me at times when treatment was changed. Making sure my changes were appropriate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
IUI-$500 clomid-$3 letrozole-$10 trigger shot-$100. Minor fees for blood draws and ultrasounds.
Treated 2018 - 2020
I had low ovarian reserve. We ended up getting 15 eggs, 13 mature, 8 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 and sent off for PGS [with Dr. Akas Jain]. 1 abnormal...5 normal! First frozen transfer resulted in miscarriage at 7 weeks, drs thought was bad placement. Second frozen transfer resulted in healthy baby boy! 3 pGS tested embryos left...He would not transfer more than 1 embryo because they are pGS tested normal. I was upset at this after my first miscarriage because I didn’t want to risk another. After the birth of my son I am sooooo glad he only allowed me to put in 1. He has the mothers health set as a priority. I truly trust him to do what’s best for my health, alongside the babies.
There is a team of nurses [at Reproductive Gynecology]. In my opinion they could be more organized and compassionate...$500 for IUI, $14,500 for IVF with ICSI/PGS testing...Front desk lady and blood draw lady are top notch! They are so helpful and the blood draw woman is so good at her job! The clinic is so clean, has fun 80s music playing. It’s small so it doesn’t feel overwhelming! Everyone is very nice!
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very blunt. He at one point dropped the F word but i laughed. I find it refreshing that he talks to me like a friend or relative. He’s told me I would get my family. I told him I wanted 2 children and I had some reservations about have told many left over embryos. My religious views were taken into consideration. He called me personally when I miscarried to discuss my concerns. He also talked to me over the phone after hours when I had a bleed early pregnancy. He was always honest with me.
This process is very emotional. He does his best to adhere to the process but nothing is going to take the pain away until that baby is here. Stay patient and listen to his advice. If he says he can give you your family, trust him and stay calm as you can.
Dr. Jain is very blunt. He spoke to me like a friend would. I can see how people might not like it but to me it was very refreshing. He didn’t promise me results but he is confident. He answered my questions and never rushed me out of the door. He spoke to me while he did the procedures and told me what he was doing as he was doing it. Counted out loud and always had a smile.
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
He had me on 2 different herbal supplements prior to IVF. Then he dozed me pretty high for the egg retrieval meds. Monitored me closely. ICSI used. I had low ovarian reserve. We ended up getting 15 eggs, 13 mature, 8 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 and sent off for PGS. 1 abnormal 5 normal! First frozen transfer resulted in miscarriage at 7 weeks, drs thought was bad placement. Second frozen transfer resulted in healthy baby boy! 3 pGS tested embryos left. Will try and transfer again soon. I got an ultrasound with him at 5, 7, and 9 weeks! It was awesome to see my baby grow! Most people only get an ultrasound at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology.
There is a team of nurses that work for De. Jain. In my opinion they could be more organized and compassionate. They are for sure good at responding and do what they can but being the first line I feel like they could be better. I like a lot of information and I feel like they are understaffed and overworked. It’s a very busy clinic and I think they do a great job but could be better with it being such an emotional journey
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$500 for IUI, $14,500 for IVF with ICSI/PGS testing.
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Treated 2019 - 2020
We did ask her about a multiple embryo transfer, seeming that we thought we would have better results by transferring both embryos. Dr Maseelall explained the risks with that and the end result we wanted was one healthy baby...sat down with my husband and I. She talked to us face to face. She described expectations, she was warm, caring and kind.
I had a surgery, removal of uterine polyps and endometriosis,medications with one egg retrieval, one frozen embryo transfer resulting in one live birth [at Reproductive Gynecology]...The staff at rgi was always helpful.returned phone calls after leaving messages...Our IVF treatments not including my surgery totaled around 10k, my surgery was 21k and 5k out of pocket
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall always made us feel more at ease. She was honest about our low chance of conceiving but never made us feel like she wouldn’t try that much harder for us. At every appointment she answered every question (even ones that might have been crazy) she eased my anxiety. She made my husband and I feel like we belonged there and that she would try to do everything she could to give us a child. We owe Avily’s life to her. Without dr Maseelall our little one wouldn’t be here.
Ask away. Dr Maseelall is Open to answer all questions. She will be honest, she is real.
Dr. Maseelall sat down with my husband and I. She talked to us face to face. She described expectations, she was warm, caring and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Jen)
The staff at rgi was always helpful.returned phone calls after leaving messages
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Two locations. Alot of available times . This clinic also was accepted by my insurance after becoming a center for excellence for infertility treatments. The offices are easy to find, clean, and nurses are welcoming and organized
We did ask her about a multiple embryo transfer, seeming that we thought we would have better results by transferring both embryos. Dr Maseelall explained the risks with that and the end result we wanted was one healthy baby. She explained why a single embryo transfer would yield better results. We trusted her and had success with a single transfer.
Canfield
He [Dr. Jain] was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers. ... He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. ... He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions.
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff [Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable. ... [Nurses] Very compassionate and knowledgeable. They aren’t bothered by questions and return calls immediately should a question arise after you leave the office
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions. He will give you the chances of scenarios but will let you know a brief overview of different treatments or courses of action that he will take depending on the outcome so you are prepared. He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. Overall he is incredibly knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
Be prepared. Take notes and don’t be afraid to ask questions
He was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers.
During our consultation he was very thorough in getting background information on my husband and I both. He let us know that IUI would be the best option to try as there was no need to jump ahead to IVF. He informed us that we would do 3 cycles of IUI with letrozole as I previously did not have success with Clomid. He did a ultrasound to make sure everything looked ok and started me on Letrozole the same day and informed me that I would take a trigger shot prior to IUI once I received a second ultrasound to check follicle size. When we had the second ultrasound done he gave me the specific date and time to take the Pregnyl trigger injection as well as how often to have intercourse leading up to IUI. During the IUI, he overviewed our plan if this was not to be successful which included a HSG test to ensure my Fallopian tubes were open and a second round of IUI with increased dosage of Letrozole. I was then informed to test for pregnancy in 2 weeks and follow up with a positive pregnancy test or start of my cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable.
Consultation submitted to insurance including ultrasound and bloodwork $250, sperm washing (not submitted to insurance) $100, IUI (submitted to insurance for coverage) $500 out of pocket
Treated 2018 - 2019
I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks prior to seeing Dr. Nash. My first month with Dr. Nash we took Letrozol and it did not work. We did two or three more rounds of this. We then did surgery to get a better of what is happening inside and he diagnosed me with stage 2 endometriosis. When I was able to start trying again we took Gonal-F and I got pregnant. We had a chemical pregnancy at 4-5 weeks. I am not waiting on results from further testing.
The nursing staff [at Repro Gynecology] is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call..... This clinic is very trusted and has amazing doctors. The staff is friendly but do get overwhelmed so don’t take it personally if they seem short sometimes. This office is usually very busy. The front staff are amazing, they are very friendly. The nurses and lab techs are friendly and will answer your questions to the best of their abilities.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I set very high expectations for Dr. Nash and he try’s very hard to help me undestand my body. There is a lot up in the air right now and I hope and pray he can give me answers. He uses a lot of numbers when describing results which can be confusing but he does his best to explain when I don’t fully understand.
Know that he is human and he doesn’t have all the answers you may expect him to. He will do everything he can for you.
Dr. Nash is an amazing doctor. He try’s his best to keep me from losing hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
My insurance covers most of my testing expect IUI which is $500 each time and IVF is also not covered and is estimated at 20,000. My husband and I struggle with the cost of IVF. My insurance covered most of the medications I have needed, I pay between 10-60 so far.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. ... She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility. ... Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. ... I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
It’s [Reproductive Gynecology] large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments. ... The nurses are the kindest I have every encountered. The are gentle and compassionate with you and are always willing to answer questions and concerns in person or via phone.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. She instantly makes you feel comfortable talking about what can be a very difficult subject and is willing to answer all questions. She takes time to get to know your personality so that she knows better how to communicate with you and what information to give you. Even though she sometimes has to share difficult news or information, she is always optimistic and hopeful. I never feel uncomfortable around her and infertility treatments can result in many uncomfortable moments.
Think about what questions you want to ask in advance, maybe even write them down. She is very high energy and a fast talker, but she is willing to answer your questions.
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. She is my favorite doctor I have ever seen (even though I wish I didn’t have to undergo fertility treatments). She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility.
I have done three IUI cycles with Letrozale and Ovidrel trigger shot. I just had my third IUI today and we will be pursuing IVF if this fails. I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is the clinic to go to in our area. It’s large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments.
I have great insurance and only pay 10% co-insurance for fertility treatments.
Treated 2018 - 2019
When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. ... There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. ... Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. ... I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall our experience with Dr. Nash has been positive. Understanding his practice flow is important. Consultations are the time for questions, concerns, and waxing poetic. The other appointments are for ultrasounds and procedures. When you feel overwhelmed or you have questions that need answered, schedule a consultation with him. He never makes us feel rushed during those visits. He listens to our questions/concerns and helps us adjust the treatment plan as necessary. He is direct but also kind and empathetic. Sometimes he makes funny jokes as well!
Do as much research as possible before your appointment and write your questions down. He moves pretty fast so if you aren't ready to execute your thoughts, you'll miss your opportunity.
When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. Dr Nash is very serious about this. He is in and out of the room in a flash. He is very quick and you generally don’t have time to ask him any questions. At times, it can make you feel disconnected and like a number. However, Dr Nash is always very willing to discuss whatever you may like and answer all of your questions when you schedule consultation time with him. It’s always good to come prepared with questions and do your research ahead of time so you don’t have to keep scheduling consultations with him.
We have done one cycle of clomid + HCG trigger shot and one cycle of clomid + IUI. Negative pregnancy tests thus far. Also had a laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis or other abnormality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff at RGI is top notch. They almost always call me back on the day that I call. They are a well oiled machine.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule. Dr. Nash is great.
I think he quoted us $1500 for an IUI cycle but we only ended up being charged about $800.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Nash is a very caring doctor, he is very through and detailed when explaining things and mindful of our feelings. He is extremely caring and always makes sure I am comfortable during exams and procedures... I would absolutely recommend Dr Nash and personally will use him again for future pregnancies. He is detailed, through, to the point, compassionate, well educated and all around a great doctor. He was with us at all but one small checkup, he even performed my D&C himself.
The whole staff at RGI is amazing, they are friendly and compassionate. My husband and I always enjoy seeing them and know we’re in great care.... The only weakness I will say is the information/timelines provided to patients. For all the money we spend we felt it should be more detailed. Their strengths are that they are wonderful in so many wats, great doctors, nurses and staff. They are all well educated and up to date on new procedures and processes.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash is very detailed and to the point, make sure you can handle the blunt truth when working with him as he doesn’t sugarcoat anything.
Dr Nash stimulated me “hard” during my stims cycle to ensure good quality/volume of eggs given I had low ovulatory function. There was anywhere from 1-2 shots per day depending on the timeframe of the cycle along with various pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
For 1 full IVF cycle including stims, frozen embryos & sperm, icis, PSG testing, transfer and a D&C we were close to the $30k range......
Dr Nash does not like putting multiple embryos into females as it’s a huge health/safety risk for both the mother and potential babies.
Treated 2018 - 2019
During our first consult, she greeted my husband and I as individuals. She talked with us about our infertility issues as a couple and explained to us our likelihood of conceiving. She then went on and answered every question that we had. Throughout our first cycle she was personable with each visit and after my miscarriage she was able to answer most questions, and tried to make me feel better...Due to a genetic condition and male factor infertility, she explained our odds of conceiving naturally and even using fertility drugs or IUIs. Because of the rare genetic condition it was in our best interest to do IVF with ICSI and PGS. We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal". We have only done one transfer so far and it was successful, but I miscarried at about 8 weeks.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950) [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Just under $17,000 total...We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal"...Michelle is the IVF nurse coordinator and she was always smiling and able to answer any questions that I had, or was able to find out the answers for me. She knew what she was talking about and always made sure you left knowing the plan.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was always available for each appointment I had. I felt comfortable discussing issues with her. She takes your emotions into consideration, but can be a little blunt at times. She always is in a positive mood and makes you feel as comfortable as she can while in procedures and ultrasounds.
She is a wonderful tool to have when trying to figure out infertility issues, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has several doctors and several different locations that help you find the right doctor and location for you. The staff at the Akron office is wonderful and they know the patients by name. They make you feel welcomed.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950). Just under $17,000 total.
Our doctor suggested eSET due to our age and physical condition. She also discussed that it would be a safer option as there are always added risks with multiple births. We were successful with the implantation of the single embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
After I found out that I was pregnant I got a bad sinus cold. I was told by my primary doctor to consult with my RE about starting a certain OTC medicine. I called the office and was told that it was okay to use that OTC med but then at a visit later that week I was told that they advise against using it.
Treated 2018 - 2019
So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel [with Dr. David Nash] to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there...He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
despite [Reproductive Gynecology] being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment...All of the nursing staff are compassionate and have been very supportive of my decision to be a single mother by choice. Mary has been supportive and always keeps good track of my next steps and gives me great instructions about what next steps I need to take in my cycle processes. The only weakness of this office would be that they are often busy, but I never feel this interferes with my care here.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash seems to have a good understanding of infertility and procedures. I went to him as a single mother by choice though, and I felt he was completely understanding of my situation and my supportive. He is often busy and seems rushed, but I attribute that to his needing to see so many patients. He is always kind and shows compassion despite this. He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
If you are a person who has a lot of questions, bring the list of questions with you before your consult. I personally want to distance myself from this process being so scientific but I because his time is limited be prepared with questions you might have.
For me, knowing that Dr Nash was often busy made me realize that he is helping a lot of people. I also felt that despite his office being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment.
So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful, including the front office staff and the appointment coordinators. They are often busy, as most doctor offices are, but they show support and compassion during your individual appointments. I feel I was lucky that I choose this fertility clinic because I have been very happy with the treatment so far despite my negative IUIs.
My insurance paid for most treatment until I began my IUI cycles, which cost (including sperm vials) $1,500 each cycle. I also had to pay for my genetic testing, but it was reduced to $199 and a counseling appointment which was $250 but very beneficial.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child...This was my first cycle so it was a standard IVF medication protocol. I was on Menopur , Glonal F, Cetrotide. Prior to retrieval I was also taking aspirin, prenatal with iron, Folbic , medrol, and a course of doxycycline. My trigger shot was Pregnyl. I started progesterone in oil prior to my FET.
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos [on our cycle with Reproductive Gynecology]. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history...Strength- well organized, state our the art infertility treatments, good appointment availability Weakness- busy office, long wait times , lab not covered by insurance, expensive if insurance is out of network...
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child.
Ask all your questions so you have a good understanding what’s going on with your treatment. IVF is a complicated process.
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive, empathetic, and is helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us.
The nursing staff was supportive and understanding. After we suffered the death or our son the nurses where empathetic and have their condolences.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$1000 lab work $1000 plus medication cost $11,000 out of pocket for ivf procedure
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Jain] is direct in his communications. Great at answering questions in a way you can fully understand. He made himself available at off hours when I was experiencing complications and had questions. He performed his procedures professionally and always made me feel safe. ... Our unexpected outcomes weren’t taken lightly and in urgent situations he checked in often and made sure I was fully taken care of.
There are a lot of people who go to this clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] so the waiting room can be busy at times. The rooms are clean and nice. The staff are considerate and the phlebotomists are well-trained; hardly noticed bloodwork being taken. ... I feel like I have to be on my game with her [nurse] so that I get everything I need. She is organized and stays on top of calendars, etc though.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is direct in his communications. Great at answering questions in a way you can fully understand. He made himself available at off hours when I was experiencing complications and had questions. He performed his procedures professionally and always made me feel safe. He was honest with us any time he saw something that concerned him and why so we had all the information.
Be prepared for honesty. He doesn’t sugar coat. When you need to hear something positive, ask him for it. He focuses more on the medicine but has empathy for his patients.
From day one Dr Jain listened to every question or concern and made sure I understood what was happening at every stage. Our unexpected outcomes weren’t taken lightly and in urgent situations he checked in often and made sure I was fully taken care of. He may be blunt but it was appreciated throughout my process because false hope is not something I want. He offers real hope only.
We started with Clomid and timed intercourse and had a positive pregnancy test, but it was ectopic, so we chose methotrexate to immediately shrink and pass it on our own. Since Clomid thinned my lining, we switched during our IUI to Letrozole and had a better lining result. Positive pregnancy test, but ended with a second ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my tube and had it removed through laparoscopic surgery. A false negative test early on kept us from catching the ectopic before it was serious. Since my ovarian reserve is low, we chose to move forward with IVF and not lose time. During testing, we spontaneously became pregnancy with twins, but after our 8 week appointment it was clear that I was miscarrying both. After discussing our options, we chose not to do a D&C to avoid scarring. After nearly 4 months, a hysteroscopy showed a lot of tissue in my uterus, so a suction D&C was performed afterall. No scarring shown now. I am cleared for IVF and am in the middle of it, preparing for egg retrieval. We are hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan Bollinger)
She’s short in her responses and seems annoyed by questions, but she answers everything asked. I feel like I have to be on my game with her so that I get everything I need. She is organized and stays on top of calendars, etc though.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
There are a lot of people who go to this clinic so the waiting room can be busy at times. The rooms are clean and nice. The staff are considerate and the phlebotomists are well-trained; hardly noticed bloodwork being taken.
Our IUI was about $500. IVF $14,500. Plus medications in each case which vary by person and insurance. These were in line with my expectations.
Treated 2017 - 2019
We were only given the option of 1 embryo transfer each time [with Dr. Akas Jain] which is what we preferred...I felt like I was in the best hands. Coming from another clinic in town I very much felt like a number there but not with Dr Jain. He took time to thoroughly understand our history, our concerns, our plans to build a family and our fears in the process. He always made us feel like family. He also ALWAYS makes himself available to patients to reach him which is remarkable.
Megan and Shanell; the IVF coordinators [at Reproductive Gynecology] always responded to my emails quickly. They were available when I needed them and always made sure to explain things...The clinic is beautiful, clean and welcoming...having an organized lab that does not allow for mishandling is very important to me. The lab is also great at providing updates. During my 2 transfer the lab staff was incredible. They also have Lab Corp staff in the office daily for blood draws which is awesome and convenient and the girls are great. I have no complaints whatsoever about this clinic and would return and refer anyone I know.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Our experience with Dr Jain was night and day from the other clinic. The protocol and plan he set forth was different and more specific, his attitude was so positive yet he was also very honest. He explained why things may not have worked in the past. He set forth a timeline and explained delays that could occur along the way. Any time we had a delay he perfectly explained why we were being delayed and it always made sense. We knew we were in the best hands and never once doubted his trust and his guidance. I have referred so many friends to him and will continue to do so. He is the best of the best.
Ask questions! I always made sure all of my questions were answered. You have to be your own best advocate during this process. And for IVF I’m general - expect delays. Things do not always go perfect or according to plan but trust him and trust the process. And always Stay positive!
From the first appointment and the first moment I met Dr Jain I felt like I was in the best hands. Coming from another clinic in town I very much felt like a number there but not with Dr Jain. He took time to thoroughly understand our history, our concerns, our plans to build a family and our fears in the process. He always made us feel like family. He also ALWAYS makes himself available to patients to reach him which is remarkable.
We came to see Dr Jain for a second opinion after 6 failed IUIs with another clinic and doctor. We instantly moved to IVF with Jain and should have a lot sooner but our precious doctor kept pushing IUIs. We did an egg retrieval in 2017 - following that we froze all embryos due to overstimulation. We then had some delays due to lining issues and had a FET a few months later. This was without PGS testing but we did do ICSI. This resulted in a live birth. In oct 2019 we did a second FET. This time we did PGS and this was our last normal embryo. This resulted in a current active pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Megan and Shanell; the IVF coordinators always responded to my emails quickly. They were available when I needed them and always made sure to explain things.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is beautiful, clean and welcoming. The lab is also a huge advantage to this clinic. The embryologists are incredible!!! coming from a previous clinic who had a lot of mishandling issues in the lab, having an organized lab that does not allow for mishandling is very important to me. The lab is also great at providing updates. During my 2 transfer the lab staff was incredible. They also have Lab Corp staff in the office daily for blood draws which is awesome and convenient and the girls are great. I have no complaints whatsoever about this clinic and would return and refer anyone I know.
We had a decent amount of insurance coverage but we paid around $8000 for our retrieval and first FET with all meds. That is after what insurance covered. That also included ICSI. We paid later for PGS and we haven’t gotten our bills yet for our recent FET.
We were only given the option of 1 embryo transfer each time which is what we preferred.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Mooney is direct and works to help you in the wait. .... This felt like there was finally a sense of urgency to help me get pregnant quickly rather than my other doctor just saying I “wasn’t a geriatric pregnancy and not to worry and take our time” ... He was very personable, and took a lot of time to talk to be about my life and his life in my initial consultation. ...
Clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is part of a larger office building and somewhat difficult to find at first ... Parking is convenient and free. Sitting area somewhat small (not as large and luxurious as the Akron office) ... Roughly $100-200 for intravaginal ultrasounds, $500 for IUI, trigger shot only ordered through Barron’s pharmacy for $170 ... Janie is my favorite nurse ANYWHERE. She does all my blood work and injections and if I could a I would have every blood draw ever taken from her-I hate having blood taken and she does so good
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Mooney is direct and works to help you in the wait. On the first visit he said, “As much as we might learn to like each other, I want you out of my clinic and back to your primary OB as fast as possible with a healthy pregnancy”. This felt like there was finally a sense of urgency to help me get pregnant quickly rather than my other doctor just saying I “wasn’t a geriatric pregnancy and not to worry and take our time”
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Why wait? Make an appointment!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was very personable, and took a lot of time to talk to be about my life and his life in my initial consultation. Even though he was late due to an emergency surgery (not his fault) he really tried to make up for it
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I’ve done three rounds of Clomid with a prior doctor without successful pregnancy, he switched me to leteozole because I only ever ovulated with one egg using Clomid and never got pregnant-he said some women respond better to a different fertility Med. I ovulated with three eggs (two mature) first cycle without IUI, second cycle with 4 eggs (3 mature) with IUI (tried IUI second cycle due to no success without)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Clinic is part of a larger office building and somewhat difficult to find at first (5th floor, right off the elevator and down a hall to your left!) Parking is convenient and free. Sitting area somewhat small (not as large and luxurious as the Akron office)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe Stephen Mooney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Unsure
Stephen Mooney
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Nash performed surgery to correct the previous physician’s mistakes and removed a portion of my Fallopian tube that although was not an immediate danger to conceiving a child, could have been an increased risk for cancer down the road. ... Dr. Nash is nothing short of an absolute professional. He has been compassionate during our appointments while always ensuring that all bases were covered and that we were always progressing towards the end goal of conceiving a child.
The compassion and thorough review from everyone at the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] really made us feel as if we were valued as individuals, rather than another name or number on a sheet. ... It seemed as if they all were there because they believed in the mission of the clinic to help with all infertility issues, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the previous care we had received.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Be fully committed to the fertility program that Dr. Nash will outline for you as he is fully committed to your success in conceiving.
When my husband and I first went to see Dr. Nash it was a world of difference from the previous care we had received. Instead of being hurried in and out of the office, Dr. Nash took time to put a plan together to not only ensure that we had the best chance of conceiving with IVF but explain all of the options that we could utilize to increase our chances success. Furthermore, Dr. Nash performed surgery to correct the previous physician’s mistakes and removed a portion of my Fallopian tube that although was not an immediate danger to conceiving a child, could have been an increased risk for cancer down the road. It is for that reason that we are thankful that we found RGI and Dr. Nash.
My husband and myself both had our blood tested to ensure that their were no increased genetic risks in conceiving. Having found out that I was never vaccinated for chicken pox, Dr. Nash immediately scheduled the vaccination so we could keep moving forward as quickly as possible. My husbands semen sample was examined even though there was already an analysis on file to make double certain that everything we could do to ensure a high success rate was done. Lastly, Dr. Nash scheduled me for surgery to remove the parts of my Fallopian tubes that had been left by the previous physician/surgeon. This meant the most to me as leaving the tube ends as they were would have left us at an increased risk for an ectopic pregnancy, which I had already gone through prior to seeking Dr. Nash’s opinion.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Every nurse and staff member, from the nurses to the clerical staff was a pleasure to work with. It seemed as if they all were there because they believed in the mission of the clinic to help with all infertility issues, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the previous care we had received.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We honestly have no weaknesses to report. The compassion and thorough review from everyone at the clinic really made us feel as if we were valued as individuals, rather than another name or number on a sheet.
$8,000.00 for the egg retrieval and implantation plus $1,000.00 for embryo storage plus the cost of medications.
Akron
He [Dr. Jain] then created a logical multi step plan with several checkpoints where we would reevaluate. I discovered with Dr Jain that my previous diagnosis was incorrect and we had been treating the wrong thing. We then treated my actual cause of infertility with IUI and diet change and the complete cycle under his care we achieved a positive pregnancy test. ... That all changed when I came to Dr Jain, he took my full medical history and I did not feel rushed and like I was finally being heard.
I would try to get early morning appointments, in the afternoons sometimes they [Reproductive Gynecology] get off track and very delayed. The clinic has its own lab and the person who does the bloodwork is beyond lovely and very good at her job. ... Very kind, the nurse that called to give me results was SO KIND, and provided great perspective. ... He said the healthiest thing for mom and baby was a single embryo.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I saw other Ob's and RE's in columbus and I just was not getting answers or a clear path towards conception. That all changed when I came to Dr Jain, he took my full medical history and I did not feel rushed and like I was finally being heard. He then created a logical multi step plan with several checkpoints where we would reevaluate. I discovered with Dr Jain that my previous diagnosis was incorrect and we had been treating the wrong thing. We then treated my actual cause of infertility with IUI and diet change and the complete cycle under his care we achieved a positive pregnancy test.
Go in with an open mind, and his results speak loudly. Also dont be afraid to ask questions, whenever I did he backed it up with medical research and put me at ease we were making the right decisions.
Clomid, then IUI with a Trigger shot
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would try to get early morning appointments, in the afternoons sometimes they get off track and very delayed. The clinic has its own lab and the person who does the bloodwork is beyond lovely and very good at her job.
I had infertility coverage for testing and artificial insemination the clomid was $7 co pay, Trigger shot was $116 (pharmacy reccomended by clinic) the IUI and sperm washing with insurance is 500% but with coverage I paid $100. With several monitoring ultrasounds that were $25 after insurance I paid just under $300 all in.
we discussed it but did not progress far enough in treatments to make that decision. He said the healthiest thing for mom and baby was a single embryo.
Treated 2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Maseelall] was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone...She stated that we would need to do a sperm freeze to make sure we had a chance for when we came up with the money for ivf. She wanted me to get on birth control to make my menstrual cycles a little more normal. She tried to do everything she could for our health and future.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back...The clinic is very nice and clean. It's very welcoming and everyone is so nice. They have private rooms that make you feel comfortable even when sometimes the situation is ackward. It was nice to be able to have the testing done before we got there to be able to discuss everything then.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She cared about us as well as our future and gave options that ivf was going to be our only shot and gave us hope that way. She was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone.
Know that she is going to lead you down a path for happiness but she also has to be honest with you about what will need to happen
She explained everything in detail and she wanted to make sure we understood everything and our next options.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
They were very nice and thorough with their questions. So friendly and made you feel comfortable and welcomed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back
We never discussed this
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Jain] took the time to sit down and explain to us what was actually happening. We felt like the previous doctor gave us false hope. Dr Jain was blunt and to the point, which I appreciate, but was also very caring and thoughtful. We never felt rushed, when in his office. We felt like we could ask him any question, multiple times, so that we were sure we had a good understanding of our situation...I have a diminished egg reserve and my husband makes no sperm. (klinefeltors) we utilized my sister as an egg donor and we found a sperm donor. After PGS testing, we were able to freeze 2 embryos, and 1 that is undetermined. We transferred the first embryo which resulted in a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. We have transferred the second embryo and are on our 2 week wait for the results.
I feel that I am always receiving excellent care when I go to the office [Reproductive Gynecology]. They are very efficient with patient care, but I never feel rushed. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and know you by name. I feel as though, they each know your story and are so thoughtful and compassionate... After PGS testing, we were able to freeze 2 embryos, and 1 that is undetermined. We transferred the first embryo which resulted in a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. We have transferred the second embryo and are on our 2 week wait for the results.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I trust Dr Jain and I am very confident in his ability to provide us with the care we need. I would recommended him to a friend without hesitation. We have a very difficult situation and he has been there to answer questions every step of the way.
He is very blunt, and will be honest with you, whether you want to hear it or not. That being said, he is also very sympathetic and caring. He’s the best of the best.
He took the time to sit down and explain to us what was actually happening. We felt like the previous doctor gave us false hope. Dr Jain was blunt and to the point, which I appreciate, but was also very caring and thoughtful. We never felt rushed, when in his office. We felt like we could ask him any question, multiple times, so that we were sure we had a good understanding of our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel Gibson)
Shannel is wonderful! She is always easy to reach and easy to communicate with. If I email her, she is very quick to respond and always makes me feel that she’s truly cares.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I feel that I am always receiving excellent care when I go to the office. They are very efficient with patient care, but I never feel rushed. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and know you by name. I feel as though, they each know your story and are so thoughtful and compassionate.
Because we were using my sister as a donor, we paid for our IVF 25,000. This was the cost that included the counselor, meds, anything for my sister, and the first embryo transfer. My ins may pay for some diagnostic tests or labs, but other than that, it’s all out of pocket.
Westerville
Dr Nash is kind and makes me feel very comfortable. He explains what’s is going on when he performs treatments and procedures. He asks how I’m doing and if I have any questions. He makes me feel like it is OK to ask a question. He doesn’t sugar coat anything, he tell you like it is. He moves fast but is a veteran doctor so it makes you feel secure.
RGI as a whole is so informative, helpful, caring and kind. It’s always clean. They offer everything their is regarding fertility and are up to date on all the new tests and procedures. When you walk in the door you are welcome me with mark smiles from people who care. ... The nurse and staff was so caring and compassionate. They answered all my questions and every time I called and had a question they never made me feel stupid or like I was bothering them. They always make me feel good and supported when I’m their or on the phone with them. You can tell they truly care about me.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Don’t be intimidated to ask questions. Dr Nash is kind and caring and will answer them.
Dr Nash is always very kind, he explains what he’s doing when he’s doing a treatment. He asks how I’m doing. He makes me feel very comfortable and able to ask questions
3- iui’s with letrozole Then moved onto IVF Egg retrieval- with AM injections In process of transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Atkins )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Gynecology.
The time was when I could come in for my schedule, they were always in the morning but I don’t think there was a specific time frame I had to go.
In total we have spent over $20k this is for the IUI’s, IVF with genetic testing
Akron
She [Dr.was excited to sit down with a review our 2 yr journey. She was very compassionate about our journey and wanted to make sure nothing was missed. She was real with us and honest. I wasn’t a number to her. ... We agreed to redo a few tests and she her on day 2 of my next cycle. ... She was never in a rush to leave us, wanted to cover all our questions before we finished our appt. We were treated with kindness the whole time.
Strength [of Reproductive Gynecology], they have multiple locations along with great hours which makes it very easy to get into the office on the correct day of your cycle. Weakness, they have to physically bring your chart from one location to the next. The office is not completely digital yet, there for sometimes they don’t have your chart on you if you need and appt on the day you call in.
How was your experience with Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was excited to sit down with a review our 2 yr journey. She was very compassionate about our journey and wanted to make sure nothing was missed. She was real with us and honest. I wasn’t a number to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology?
Schedule a consult to get to know her personally as a professional. Get to know her and let her get to know you!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology?
After 2 solid years of treatment with no success, we wanted to take a break to breath and reconsult. Our current Fertility doctor retired, so we schedule a consultant appt with the new doctor. She spent and hour with us going through our journey together. She gave us her personally one on one time and discussed all opinions. She was never in a rush to leave us, wanted to cover all our questions before we finished our appt. We were treated with kindness the whole time.
Describe the protocols Shweta Bhatt used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
We agreed to redo a few tests and she her on day 2 of my next cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The Canton nursing staff is always bubbly and excited for you to come in. They are always wishing you luck and blessings when you leave. They only want the best for you??
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strength, they have multiple locations along with great hours which makes it very easy to get into the office on the correct day of your cycle. Weakness, they have to physically bring your chart from one location to the next. The office is not completely digital yet, there for sometimes they don’t have your chart on you if you need and appt on the day you call in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shweta Bhatt at Reproductive Gynecology.
At the moment, I just have my copay. We are in the beginning of starting over again.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
When I was first started in the practice 3 yrs ago, the office seem to have missed placed my chart from being in one office to going to another office. Other than that, everything else has been fine.
Shweta Bhatt