95 Arch Street
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333

Treated 2020
During our consults she [Dr. Priya Maseelall] sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct...was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was...at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment...RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was. Although she was direct, at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Come into your consult prepared with any questions you might have. I had a list of them, and she did a great job of patiently answering each one until I felt comfortable and satisfied.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Although RGI Akron is a very busy clinic, they do a pretty good job of making you feel like a person through this journey. During our consults she sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct, which I really appreciated.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I had previously done 2 rounds of Clomid and IUI with a different clinic. She explained that she would like to try one more round of IUI using a different medicine, but if that didn't work we would proceed to IVF. For that round we used the oral Letrozole with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We didn't get pregnant, but we knew that our chances were very low for IUI to work.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment. For example when a procedure is complete letting me know whether to wait there when ready, or if they will be back with paperwork, etc. I felt unsure each time what my next set was before leaving.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a busy clinic so I have had to wait past my appointment time a few times. It is a private practice clinic, so things are a little more personal than my previous experience at a large Clinic. They are always good about getting back to me if I call and leave a message. They are one of the only clinics in the area that offers an IVF Guarantee program to bring home a baby. They have multiple locations, so if you need a different appointment time or location, they can be accommodating. Their blood draw lab is on-site, however they use outside labs to process all of their tests - this has led to confusion on the billing side to track what/who each bill was for. Their billing coordinator was very helpful in explaining the charges and different labs they use. I do wish that they had online medical records, I got used to that with my old clinic and think that would be a value add for them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
A lot of my testing was outdated (about 3 years old) so I had to have a fair amount of testing done to update my records. Because of that we had a large amount of lab costs. We were charged for our consult and the imaging done. I watch our medical charges carefully due to being mischarged in the past at another Clinic, and I haven't seen any charges through RGI that I didn't agree with. Our IUI was not covered, so that charge was an upfront cash fee.
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
We have not started IVF yet due to Covid-19, however RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
During our IUI cycle the clinic forgot to call in my prescription for my trigger shot. This is a time and temperature sensitive medication. They use a mail order pharmacy and told me that the lab would call me in time to receive my medication. When I hadn't heard from the pharmacy 4 days before I needed it I called them. They said they didn't have an Rx on file. So I had to call the clinic and get it sorted out, which they told me they forgot to send it. By this time it was the next day, a Friday, and I had to pay overnight weekend shipping fee to receive the medication in time for my Monday appointment. Only to get to my appointment and explain what happened to Dr Maseelall for her to say, they keep backups there in the office that I could have used. I was frustrated, but accidents happen. I also could have called the pharmacy earlier to check - and will from now on.
Treated 2019 - 2020
[Dr. Akas Jain] was always willing to take time with us when we asked. In many instances we'd have conversations about things other than the fertility treatments - it was great working with him...is very direct in his style of communication. For us, this was great, because he told us what to expect and what his true opinions were (even when that may not have been good news to hear). He was also willing to make some significant adjustments to our stimulation protocol after our first round failed. Not only did he work with us on that, but the updated protocol and his recommendations yielded many more eggs than the first round.
[Reproductive Gynecology is] a fast moving clinic...The staff were friendly, but we had some instances where we were double-checking and finding errors in some of their work. This is not reflective of the entire staff, it was one individual in particular...Dr. Jain would tell us one thing in an appointment, we'd come to an agreement, and then when staff reached out later, the information would be different than what we agreed upon. When we asked the individual to check back to the notes, they'd realize they had missed something from the appointment notes. This happened several times.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is very direct in his style of communication. For us, this was great, because he told us what to expect and what his true opinions were (even when that may not have been good news to hear). He was also willing to make some significant adjustments to our stimulation protocol after our first round failed. Not only did he work with us on that, but the updated protocol and his recommendations yielded many more eggs than the first round.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Understand that he will be very direct with you and isn't going to sugarcoat anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Though it's a fast moving clinic, Jain was always willing to take time with us when we asked. In many instances we'd have conversations about things other than the fertility treatments - it was great working with him
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The results speak for themselves. IVF nurses were great. Sometimes the wait times are longer than you'd expect but I don't know what else you'd expect at a doctors office. The only downside is it can feel a little bit like a factory where they're simply trying to push as many patients through as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
They were comparable to other clinics in central Ohio
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Nash treats my husband and I like humans by always remembering our names...I like his sense of humor, it’s dry for some but I get it! He’s always precise on time and we love that about him. He always wants us to be as comfortable as possible and understand everything...performed a laparoscopic surgery for my endometriosis that’s stage 4...until my husband and I decided to go through IVF...we would go in day 1-3, I’d get an ultrasound and they’d tell me how big my cysts were bc I always have them, and say whether I could take medicine or not. Depending on the size and amount of cysts, I sometimes got to take it. T
I wish they [Reproductive Gynecology] were open in Canfield everyday and on Sundays, but that’s asking for a lot...I wish it was more affordable for IUIs and IVFs...staff actually care. They work with our schedules and our lifestyles very well and do what they can to make our lives better and easier...Best nurse that I will ever have in my entire life is nurse Jenn. I felt a connection of friendship and trust immediately
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I like his sense of humor, it’s dry for some but I get it! He’s always precise on time and we love that about him. He always wants us to be as comfortable as possible and understand everything. He knows we’re not the only ones going through this and he and his staff actually care. They work with our schedules and our lifestyles very well and do what they can to make our lives better and easier
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Always be on time
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Nash treats my husband and I like humans by always remembering our names. He and his staff are so good to both of us. I’ve never had a doctor who I put so much trust and faith in
Describe the protocols David Nash used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
For the most part until my husband and I decided to go through IVF (supposed to be next month), we would go in day 1-3, I’d get an ultrasound and they’d tell me how big my cysts were bc I always have them, and say whether I could take medicine or not. Depending on the size and amount of cysts, I sometimes got to take it. Then I’d go in around day 12 and get a trigger shot and then day 13 or 14 we’d do the IUI and continue to baby dance for a few days after that. Same thing with timed intercourse when we couldn’t afford another IUI. He also performed a laparoscopic surgery for my endometriosis that’s stage 4
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Jenn!!!!)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I wish they were open in Canfield everyday and on Sundays, but that’s asking for a lot. I love akron hospital and I love the team of doctors that have helped us. I wish it was more affordable for IUIs and IVFs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology.
Each appointment is a $50.00 copay. IUIs are $500 Trigger shots $100 Ultrasounds without cysts $200 Medications and prenatals $150 a month IVF will be $20,000
Describe David Nash's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I was hoping to do 2 embryo transfers, but I trust these doctors and know so many success stories where the woman and the male had a lot more complicated issues than me.

Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. David Nash] is very honest but sometimes it feels like he is in a rush...He told me mid scan that we would not be able to move forward with our IUI because of the restrictions in place now, even though I had a huge follicle ready. I could see the sadness on his face. I clearly was not the first person he had to say that to that day. He did allow me to get the trigger shot at the clinic that day, because I had already taken the 5 days of meds. Unfortunately, it was not successful. I called cycle day 1 (last week) and the nurse said the doctor said I had to wait until my next cycle for obvious reasons. Overall, I trust Dr. Nash.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is kind and funny! They make sure you feel comfortable while you are there. I have called plenty of times with random questions and they are always patient and answer them. During the shut down they were very proficient in the new procedures...I love how easy it was to get into the clinic and start our journey. The scheduling is easy but depending on the days of your cycle, you are likely not to get “your” doctor. That’s what happened with us. Most of the time we had a different doctor, because Dr. Nash is only at that location a couple of times a week. Overall, I like the clinic.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was very nice in our first meeting. Our second was a full consultation after testing and we were 15 minutes late. He eliminated the idea that I had PCOS, which was one of the reasons we were sent to him in the first place. After that we saw him a couple more times before our first IUI. IUI number 1 and 2 were with another doctor because of the way the dates fell. When I went in for my last scan before IUI number 3, I had to go in a day early because I got a positive ovulation test at home. Dr. Nash was very accommodating. Unfortunately, it was at the beginning of the Ohio COVID-19 shutdown. He told me mid scan that we would not be able to move forward with our IUI because of the restrictions in place now, even though I had a huge follicle ready. I could see the sadness on his face. I clearly was not the first person he had to say that to that day. He did allow me to get the trigger shot at the clinic that day, because I had already taken the 5 days of meds. Unfortunately, it was not successful. I called cycle day 1 (last week) and the nurse said the doctor said I had to wait until my next cycle for obvious reasons. Overall, I trust Dr. Nash.
Make sure you ask questions, even if you think they are dumb. He doesn’t go into much detail about things if you don’t ask.
He is very honest but sometimes it feels like he is in a rush.
Round 1 of IUI we used Clomid ( started with Dr. Nash, procedure by Dr.Jain) Round 2 of IUI we started Letrozole instead because Clomid gave me a huge cyst on my left ovary and we had to wait a cycle for it to go away (Dr. Jain) Round 3 I took Letrozole and the trigger shot, but no insemination because of COVID-19 restrictions ( Started with Dr.Jain, ended with Dr.Nash) We have had no success. Originally Dr. Nash suggested we only try 3 rounds of IUI and if we were unsuccessful, move to IVF with ICSI. **Dr. Jain consulted with Dr. Nash about course of treatment when I was not seen by Dr.Nash
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff is kind and funny! They make sure you feel comfortable while you are there. I have called plenty of times with random questions and they are always patient and answer them. During the shut down they were very proficient in the new procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We have spent roughly $5000 at the clinic since the beginning of our journey. Our insurance covers 0% of the cost. Each round of IUI has been roughly $1100.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
The morning of our last scan, I called to make sure I should come in and that we were okay to move forward. With the COVID-19 restrictions at clinics I wanted to be sure we weren’t wasting our time if I couldn't do the IUI. The person I talked to said yes, since we had already started meds, our cycle was safe. Then during my scan, the doctor told me we would have to cancel because of new restrictions they were given the night before.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr Nash was very knowledgeable and proactive with my treatment. Sometimes not always knowing how to comfort me but I respected his expertise...I valued his knowledge and opinion. So much so that I referred my family to him. Dr Nash without a doubt always stayed ahead of my treatments and was always able to identify eggs vs cysts and appropriate treatment...Originally my treatment started with letrozole (I think 2.5mg) along with trigger shots for timed intercourse which we tried about 4-5 times. I was producing the eggs but was not fertilizing them. Then Doctor suggested we try other options. I was treated with clomid(150mg) trigger shot and IUI. Clomid took 3 tries for correct dosing, some people respond sooner so a lower dose is used first. I was successful with that treatment, I am currently pregnant with twins due in November of 2020.
[Protocol at Reproductive Gynecology included] trigger shots for timed intercourse which we tried about 4-5 times. I was producing the eggs but was not fertilizing them. Then Doctor suggested we try other options. I was treated with clomid(150mg) trigger shot and IUI...Jen from the Canfield office was amazing. She often took time to explain things to me when things got crazy...IUI-$500...The receptionist Sharon at the Canfield office also was amazing. She treated you like a friend or family. After my very first visit there she knew my name Overall the canfield staff are amazing! From the receptionist to the nurse to dr Nash. I appreciate the care that was provided to me
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I valued his knowledge and opinion. So much so that I referred my family to him. Dr Nash without a doubt always stayed ahead of my treatments and was always able to identify eggs vs cysts and appropriate treatment. Some other experiences with different doctors were unable to, however those doctors were great as well.
He may not always know how to comfort you but rest assured he absolutely cares. Dr Nash is very intelligent and proactive with fertility. I trusted him 100% and am glad that I did. I am forever grateful for him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Jen from the Canfield office was amazing. She often took time to explain things to me when things got crazy. She also advocated for me at times when treatment was changed. Making sure my changes were appropriate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
IUI-$500 clomid-$3 letrozole-$10 trigger shot-$100. Minor fees for blood draws and ultrasounds.
Treated 2018 - 2020
I had low ovarian reserve. We ended up getting 15 eggs, 13 mature, 8 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 and sent off for PGS [with Dr. Akas Jain]. 1 abnormal...5 normal! First frozen transfer resulted in miscarriage at 7 weeks, drs thought was bad placement. Second frozen transfer resulted in healthy baby boy! 3 pGS tested embryos left...He would not transfer more than 1 embryo because they are pGS tested normal. I was upset at this after my first miscarriage because I didn’t want to risk another. After the birth of my son I am sooooo glad he only allowed me to put in 1. He has the mothers health set as a priority. I truly trust him to do what’s best for my health, alongside the babies.
There is a team of nurses [at Reproductive Gynecology]. In my opinion they could be more organized and compassionate...$500 for IUI, $14,500 for IVF with ICSI/PGS testing...Front desk lady and blood draw lady are top notch! They are so helpful and the blood draw woman is so good at her job! The clinic is so clean, has fun 80s music playing. It’s small so it doesn’t feel overwhelming! Everyone is very nice!
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very blunt. He at one point dropped the F word but i laughed. I find it refreshing that he talks to me like a friend or relative. He’s told me I would get my family. I told him I wanted 2 children and I had some reservations about have told many left over embryos. My religious views were taken into consideration. He called me personally when I miscarried to discuss my concerns. He also talked to me over the phone after hours when I had a bleed early pregnancy. He was always honest with me.
This process is very emotional. He does his best to adhere to the process but nothing is going to take the pain away until that baby is here. Stay patient and listen to his advice. If he says he can give you your family, trust him and stay calm as you can.
Dr. Jain is very blunt. He spoke to me like a friend would. I can see how people might not like it but to me it was very refreshing. He didn’t promise me results but he is confident. He answered my questions and never rushed me out of the door. He spoke to me while he did the procedures and told me what he was doing as he was doing it. Counted out loud and always had a smile.
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
He had me on 2 different herbal supplements prior to IVF. Then he dozed me pretty high for the egg retrieval meds. Monitored me closely. ICSI used. I had low ovarian reserve. We ended up getting 15 eggs, 13 mature, 8 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 and sent off for PGS. 1 abnormal 5 normal! First frozen transfer resulted in miscarriage at 7 weeks, drs thought was bad placement. Second frozen transfer resulted in healthy baby boy! 3 pGS tested embryos left. Will try and transfer again soon. I got an ultrasound with him at 5, 7, and 9 weeks! It was awesome to see my baby grow! Most people only get an ultrasound at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology.
There is a team of nurses that work for De. Jain. In my opinion they could be more organized and compassionate. They are for sure good at responding and do what they can but being the first line I feel like they could be better. I like a lot of information and I feel like they are understaffed and overworked. It’s a very busy clinic and I think they do a great job but could be better with it being such an emotional journey
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$500 for IUI, $14,500 for IVF with ICSI/PGS testing.
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Treated 2016 - 2020
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui [with Dr. Maseelall] resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
office [of Reproductive Gynecology] was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back...Jen [nurse] was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate...They told me my hsg test would be covered when it was not but they made it right by giving me a discount for some of it.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She wants you to have a successful pregnancy and is very kind and blunt. She explains risks and has your best interests in mind. She makes you feel like a friend and is so happy if you become pregnant.
Make sure you figure out a way to get all your questions answered, it can be difficult in this clinic because they are so busy.
Dr always treated me like a human but office was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back.
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate. Tried to get me the best deal on my meds and get the most use out of them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Front office staff is very friendly. Be prepared to rarely get anyone on the phone, always leave messages and they will call you back. That part is very frustrating for someone who works and can't always answer their phone.
Iui was 600. 200 for each monitoring appt, 2 per cycle with clomid, 3 with gonal f. Gonal f cost about $700 per month
She will only do a single embryo transfer for me since I am 31. This is a problem for us doing ivf because we don't want to have left over frozen embryos. I found another Dr that would transfer 2 for me.
Treated 2019 - 2020
We did ask her about a multiple embryo transfer, seeming that we thought we would have better results by transferring both embryos. Dr Maseelall explained the risks with that and the end result we wanted was one healthy baby...sat down with my husband and I. She talked to us face to face. She described expectations, she was warm, caring and kind.
I had a surgery, removal of uterine polyps and endometriosis,medications with one egg retrieval, one frozen embryo transfer resulting in one live birth [at Reproductive Gynecology]...The staff at rgi was always helpful.returned phone calls after leaving messages...Our IVF treatments not including my surgery totaled around 10k, my surgery was 21k and 5k out of pocket
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall always made us feel more at ease. She was honest about our low chance of conceiving but never made us feel like she wouldn’t try that much harder for us. At every appointment she answered every question (even ones that might have been crazy) she eased my anxiety. She made my husband and I feel like we belonged there and that she would try to do everything she could to give us a child. We owe Avily’s life to her. Without dr Maseelall our little one wouldn’t be here.
Ask away. Dr Maseelall is Open to answer all questions. She will be honest, she is real.
Dr. Maseelall sat down with my husband and I. She talked to us face to face. She described expectations, she was warm, caring and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Jen)
The staff at rgi was always helpful.returned phone calls after leaving messages
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Two locations. Alot of available times . This clinic also was accepted by my insurance after becoming a center for excellence for infertility treatments. The offices are easy to find, clean, and nurses are welcoming and organized
We did ask her about a multiple embryo transfer, seeming that we thought we would have better results by transferring both embryos. Dr Maseelall explained the risks with that and the end result we wanted was one healthy baby. She explained why a single embryo transfer would yield better results. We trusted her and had success with a single transfer.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Jain was funny and more relaxed. He was patient with our questions and was honest about his opinion on our chances. He said that the cyst on my right ovary could be an endometrial cyst, which was the first time a doctor mentioned that. He made sure we were absolutely positive about moving forward at each step and outlined the risks. He was very cautious when I developed another cyst. Overall, we really like Dr. Jain!...performed 2 of our IUI's. He changed our meds when Clomid caused a cyst to develop and was very strategic about which days in my cycle to do procedures.
We have spent roughly $5000 since the beginning of our journey. [with Reproductive Gynecology]. Our insurance covers 0% of the cost. Each IUI cost roughly $1100...Scheduling an appointment was easy, but depending on your cycle day, you may end up with a different doctor. The staff are nice and very hardworking. Even if I have to leave a voicemail, someone always gets back to me in a timely manner with a response.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very patient and kind with us. He always answers our questions and is funny when he knows we are stressed.
Dr. Jain performed 2 of our IUI's. He changed our meds when Clomid caused a cyst to develop and was very strategic about which days in my cycle to do procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We have spent roughly $5000 since the beginning of our journey. Our insurance covers 0% of the cost. Each IUI cost roughly $1100.
Westerville
After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family...has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic [of Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office...the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is very kind and compassionate. She not only took the time to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of our fertility problems but she also took the time to get to know us as a couple. Some may view it as a weakness, but I feel that a doctor that truly knows her patients and can actually empathize with them, with what they are going through, is far superior. She gave us honest, straightforward answers to every question we have asked. She has never sugar-coated anything, but has given us the truth and facts in a manner that was easy for us to understand but yet that we grasped the severity of the situation. Every surgery that she has performed on me, I sae her prior to the surgical appointment and then again in the OR prior to being put under. Which, for me, was a huge relief, knowing that she was there. My family is very strong in our faith and we pray about everything. And she has never looked at me like I was crazy or treated me like my faith wasn't just as important as her medical knowledge -which I had had in the past from a previous dr who told me that it wasn't! Dr Maseelall has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Go! Don't wait like everyone says. We listened to people -including drs- who said we had plenty of time. That we were still young. But guess what? Those people, those DOCTORS didn't diagnose me with PCOS, and because of that. The waiting just led to a more serious condition - complex endometrial hyperplasia with a-typia. Something that could have FULLY taken my fertility and ability to ever carry a child, had Dr Maseelall not caught it and then treated it with tenacity.
Dr Maseelall has always taken the time to answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION we have ever had. When our FET using donor embryo failed, she was more upset than we were!! We've been through so many let downs that we truly didn't expect a positive result, even though we tried to stay positive. She was genuinely upset and honestly, was puzzled as to why the embryo didn't attach. The entire staff treats you like you are the only patient they are seeing, taking the time to answer questions and really talk to you. After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family.
Our very first round, we used lupron to suppress my own hormones. Then I started taking estradiol and baby aspirin. We had to cancel the cycle because I spontaneously ovulated -something I hadn't done in nearly 7 years. She then had me take provera to force me to have a period to shed the lining. When our next cycle was to start, Dr Maseelall discovered that I had developed a cyst so she had us delay the cycle until the cyst disappeared or shrank. We then decided to use letrozole and use my own natural cycle to prepare my uterus and body for an embryo transfer using a donor embryo. I took 4 letrozole pills every day for 5 days. Several days of monitoring my lining growth and symmetry, the size of the follicles I was creating (I produced a total of 5 with 3 growing large enough to actually be released), and then followed by a shot of hCG to trigger ovualtion, followed by 1 week of progesterone shots, an FET using our donor embryo, and then followed by 10 days of progesterone shots.... And a negative pregnancy test. After the test came back negative, we had a heart-to-heart conversation with Dr Maseelall about our options and chances of our 2nd embryo (we only had 2) implanting if we did another round. She suggested doing an ERA test for our next round to see how receptive my uterine lining actually is. So we did it. Using the same protocol we used for our failed transfer. I only produced 3 follicles this time. And the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test. With Christmas a month away, we opted to take a month off and to regroup after the holiday. We have not redone the ERA test as of yet because we have been doing a lot of praying and reevaluating, and discussing the possibility of using a surrogate, which we had discussed with Dr Maseelall the last time we saw her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Most of the time I have gone in, I have had the same nurse. Just because that is how her schedule fell. All of the nurses were kind and compassionate, taking time to answer questions when asked, and very thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI has several satellite offices in addition to their main office in Akron. It makes seeing your dr even more convenient. I first saw Dr Maseelall at a satellite clinic which was only about 25 minutes from my home, vs the hr drive to the main clinic. Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office.
The legal aspect of securing legal rights for our donor embryos cost $5000 for the 1st and an additional $2000 for the 2nd. Our FET cycle, without the cost of medication, cost $3500. For our ERA round, we paid for bloodwork only, which cost us $40 per stick, for a total of $160.
I am grateful that Dr Maseelall explained to us the reasons why she would only transfer one embryo for us. My health and safety were paramount for her.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Jain was very sympathetic to the loss of our first son and I do feel as though he listened when I had something to offer or talk about. However, I did feel at times as though he needed to read my chart before meeting with me to be familiar with my case and my treatment.... I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages
I like the clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.... Each round of IUI cost $500. The trigger shot was $125. Ultrasounds and blood work were run through my insurance.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages, and we discussed my history at a glance. I also never feel like I know what is next. I am rarely given any direction on how to take next steps.
If you have them, ask questions.
After 6 failed cycles of Clomid with my regular OB/GYN, she referred me to Dr. Jain. Dr. Jain was suprised to here that we had one successful pregnancy (that resulted in my son being stillborn) and had had no success with Clomid. He decided to do one more round of Clomid and do our first round of IUI. I had 3 mature follicles that cycle with very high numbers from my husband and Dr Jain was confident in our chances. After the first round was unsuccessful, Dr. Jain felt that my endomentrial lining was thin due to the rounds of Clomid, so he switched me to Letrozole. During that cycle I only had one mature egg and so my husband and I decided to skip IUI that cycle. Dr. Jain did feel that my lining looked better after changing medication. I am currently at the beginning of our 3rd cycle with Dr. Jain. He raised my dose of Letrozole with the hopes of having more eggs. Mid-cycle check is next Monday and we will decided how to proceed for this cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
I have seen a few nurses. All of them are very nice, however none stick out as going above and beyond. I also don't feel as though they provide any information as to what to expect next.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I like the clinic. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.
Westerville
He [Dr. Jain] was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers. ... He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. ... He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions.
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff [Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable. ... [Nurses] Very compassionate and knowledgeable. They aren’t bothered by questions and return calls immediately should a question arise after you leave the office
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions. He will give you the chances of scenarios but will let you know a brief overview of different treatments or courses of action that he will take depending on the outcome so you are prepared. He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. Overall he is incredibly knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
Be prepared. Take notes and don’t be afraid to ask questions
He was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers.
During our consultation he was very thorough in getting background information on my husband and I both. He let us know that IUI would be the best option to try as there was no need to jump ahead to IVF. He informed us that we would do 3 cycles of IUI with letrozole as I previously did not have success with Clomid. He did a ultrasound to make sure everything looked ok and started me on Letrozole the same day and informed me that I would take a trigger shot prior to IUI once I received a second ultrasound to check follicle size. When we had the second ultrasound done he gave me the specific date and time to take the Pregnyl trigger injection as well as how often to have intercourse leading up to IUI. During the IUI, he overviewed our plan if this was not to be successful which included a HSG test to ensure my Fallopian tubes were open and a second round of IUI with increased dosage of Letrozole. I was then informed to test for pregnancy in 2 weeks and follow up with a positive pregnancy test or start of my cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable.
Consultation submitted to insurance including ultrasound and bloodwork $250, sperm washing (not submitted to insurance) $100, IUI (submitted to insurance for coverage) $500 out of pocket
Treated 2018 - 2019
I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks prior to seeing Dr. Nash. My first month with Dr. Nash we took Letrozol and it did not work. We did two or three more rounds of this. We then did surgery to get a better of what is happening inside and he diagnosed me with stage 2 endometriosis. When I was able to start trying again we took Gonal-F and I got pregnant. We had a chemical pregnancy at 4-5 weeks. I am not waiting on results from further testing.
The nursing staff [at Repro Gynecology] is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call..... This clinic is very trusted and has amazing doctors. The staff is friendly but do get overwhelmed so don’t take it personally if they seem short sometimes. This office is usually very busy. The front staff are amazing, they are very friendly. The nurses and lab techs are friendly and will answer your questions to the best of their abilities.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I set very high expectations for Dr. Nash and he try’s very hard to help me undestand my body. There is a lot up in the air right now and I hope and pray he can give me answers. He uses a lot of numbers when describing results which can be confusing but he does his best to explain when I don’t fully understand.
Know that he is human and he doesn’t have all the answers you may expect him to. He will do everything he can for you.
Dr. Nash is an amazing doctor. He try’s his best to keep me from losing hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff is great but seems overwhelmed a lot which is expected with the number of patients they see. I wish there was a portal within the office so I could view results and not have to continuously call.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
My insurance covers most of my testing expect IUI which is $500 each time and IVF is also not covered and is estimated at 20,000. My husband and I struggle with the cost of IVF. My insurance covered most of the medications I have needed, I pay between 10-60 so far.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. ... She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility. ... Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. ... I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
It’s [Reproductive Gynecology] large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments. ... The nurses are the kindest I have every encountered. The are gentle and compassionate with you and are always willing to answer questions and concerns in person or via phone.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. She instantly makes you feel comfortable talking about what can be a very difficult subject and is willing to answer all questions. She takes time to get to know your personality so that she knows better how to communicate with you and what information to give you. Even though she sometimes has to share difficult news or information, she is always optimistic and hopeful. I never feel uncomfortable around her and infertility treatments can result in many uncomfortable moments.
Think about what questions you want to ask in advance, maybe even write them down. She is very high energy and a fast talker, but she is willing to answer your questions.
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. She is my favorite doctor I have ever seen (even though I wish I didn’t have to undergo fertility treatments). She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility.
I have done three IUI cycles with Letrozale and Ovidrel trigger shot. I just had my third IUI today and we will be pursuing IVF if this fails. I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is the clinic to go to in our area. It’s large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments.
I have great insurance and only pay 10% co-insurance for fertility treatments.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I really liked Dr. Maseelall she is very friendly and explains everything thoroughly. I always feel like she is rushing and often running behind. I am happy with my choice to switch from my last clinic to this one based solely on my experience with her as a doctor. ... I have dor/ low amh. ... Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
They [Reproductive Gynecology] are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff. ... They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. ... Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
The clinic is often running behind and the support staff is sometimes lacking, but it is with putting to with that to have Dr. Maseelsll in charge of your care.
My doctor is amazing and some of the nursing staff is great some I don't like dealing with. I rarely see my doctor as most interaction is with staff.
I recently just did my furst round of ivf. I have dor/ low amh. We were predicted to only get 1-2 eggs and it was suggested we use donor eggs. Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Staff is incredibly hard to get ahold of through the phones. Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff.
Our initial deposit was 9 000 we did not do icsi or genetic testing. Or medications were around 5500.
We haven't gotten here in treatment yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. They don't call with my daily blood work results during stims. I have to reach out to them.
Treated 2018 - 2019
When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. ... There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. ... Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. ... I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Overall our experience with Dr. Nash has been positive. Understanding his practice flow is important. Consultations are the time for questions, concerns, and waxing poetic. The other appointments are for ultrasounds and procedures. When you feel overwhelmed or you have questions that need answered, schedule a consultation with him. He never makes us feel rushed during those visits. He listens to our questions/concerns and helps us adjust the treatment plan as necessary. He is direct but also kind and empathetic. Sometimes he makes funny jokes as well!
Do as much research as possible before your appointment and write your questions down. He moves pretty fast so if you aren't ready to execute your thoughts, you'll miss your opportunity.
When you become a patient at RGI they give you a piece of paper that says your ultrasound and procedure appointments are for just that, ultrasounds and procedures. These appointments aren’t for asking questions. Dr Nash is very serious about this. He is in and out of the room in a flash. He is very quick and you generally don’t have time to ask him any questions. At times, it can make you feel disconnected and like a number. However, Dr Nash is always very willing to discuss whatever you may like and answer all of your questions when you schedule consultation time with him. It’s always good to come prepared with questions and do your research ahead of time so you don’t have to keep scheduling consultations with him.
We have done one cycle of clomid + HCG trigger shot and one cycle of clomid + IUI. Negative pregnancy tests thus far. Also had a laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis or other abnormality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
The nursing staff at RGI is top notch. They almost always call me back on the day that I call. They are a well oiled machine.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at RGI. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly. The nurses are efficient and knowledgeable. There is a lab at the clinic which is convenient. I never have a difficult time getting an appointment at a time that fits my schedule. Dr. Nash is great.
I think he quoted us $1500 for an IUI cycle but we only ended up being charged about $800.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Jain thought I was ovulating too early but it took 2 courses before he even tested my blood to confirm ... I had to call to request a redraw to compare numbers ... Each time we requested timed intercourse he would follow up with the next visit asking "so are we doing an IUI yet?" ... I felt like I was not heard. ... After that miscarriage he had his nurse call to say I just needed to do IVF. No compassion. very disappointed. will not be returning.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is nice inside. Rooms are standard and comfortable. Easy to find offices and lab. would prefer it not be right next to a pediatric office. The front desk staff is not always the nicest but the nurses are great. ... I was told their billing is usually a month or 2 behind. ... Nursing staff is incredible. Always took their time to answer my questions and got back to me in a timely manner
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is very straightforward which can be good. he don't sugar coat anything. He also shows not much compassion nor does he seem to want to waste time. Jain thought I was ovulating too early but it took 2 courses before he even tested my blood to confirm , I expressed I didn't feel like I was ovulating early due to my ovulation kit. I had to call to request a redraw to compare numbers, he didn't seem to be concerned to think about that himself. After our initial consult he diagnosed me with Low ovarian reserve and pushed us on an IUI right off the start. We left with so many questions that he didn't address or take time to explain what my diagnosis meant. we had a positive pregnancy test after our second round of Clomid with him, we miscarried and was told we could have more testing done to find causes of miscarriages since this was our third. After that miscarriage he had his nurse call to say I just needed to do IVF. No compassion. very disappointed. will not be returning.
know he is pushy, if you are not prepared to start IUI or IVF right off the start then he will not take you as a patient seriously.
Dr. Jain was very direct right off the bat wich is fine, he's very blunt. That being said we felt that he was pushing us towards IUI and IVF right off the bat. Each time we requested timed intercourse he would follow up with the next visit asking "so are we doing an IUI yet?" I felt since we were not doing the more expensive procedures that he did not want to waste time with us. I felt like I was not heard. I would have to ask for blood work to confirm ovulation and also call and ask for a follow up to compare the number to. He never seemed concerned to do it on his own.
we did 50mg of Clomid and times intercourse. That is what we were comfortable with and could afford at the time. It only made sense to us at the time to not waste money on IUI's when we were getting pregnant naturally but miscarrying. we want to try to find a cause for them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is nice inside. Rooms are standard and comfortable. Easy to find offices and lab. would prefer it not be right next to a pediatric office. The front desk staff is not always the nicest but the nurses are great.
our co pay for each visit was $40. we have yet to receive a bill other wise. I was told their billing is usually a month or 2 behind.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Nash is a very caring doctor, he is very through and detailed when explaining things and mindful of our feelings. He is extremely caring and always makes sure I am comfortable during exams and procedures... I would absolutely recommend Dr Nash and personally will use him again for future pregnancies. He is detailed, through, to the point, compassionate, well educated and all around a great doctor. He was with us at all but one small checkup, he even performed my D&C himself.
The whole staff at RGI is amazing, they are friendly and compassionate. My husband and I always enjoy seeing them and know we’re in great care.... The only weakness I will say is the information/timelines provided to patients. For all the money we spend we felt it should be more detailed. Their strengths are that they are wonderful in so many wats, great doctors, nurses and staff. They are all well educated and up to date on new procedures and processes.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash is very detailed and to the point, make sure you can handle the blunt truth when working with him as he doesn’t sugarcoat anything.
Dr Nash stimulated me “hard” during my stims cycle to ensure good quality/volume of eggs given I had low ovulatory function. There was anywhere from 1-2 shots per day depending on the timeframe of the cycle along with various pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
For 1 full IVF cycle including stims, frozen embryos & sperm, icis, PSG testing, transfer and a D&C we were close to the $30k range......
Dr Nash does not like putting multiple embryos into females as it’s a huge health/safety risk for both the mother and potential babies.
Westerville
Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment.... I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult.
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated.... I wish they [Reproductive Gynecology] had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.... I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early!
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would have to say my first impression of him was that he was very very busy. He even spoke fast during our initial consult. He did seem to have good bedside manner he seemed liked he cared about me and that what I was going through was difficult. I wish he were more thorough with each visit,but he seemed so busy that he just didnt have the time to be ! He must be good!
See him if you mean business about conceiving and dont want to waste time. He wants his treatments to work, and he is honest with you and gives you the realistic options
Dr nash wasn't very personable. He seemed like he cared, but his visits were very brief and I never got all the information I would have liked from him. Instead, after every ultrasound had tell me to get dressed and come out of the exam room, where I was greeted by a staff member to schedule my next appointment. Even if the news wasn't good,I would want to hear the honest truth directly from the doctor at the time of visit and not left in the dark about what was going on with my progress .
Dr nash stimulated me hard, doubled my dose of menopure and watched closely for positive changes. I have low ovarian functioning,so he wanted to try and get my ovaries to produce the most eggs possible. He also had me taking supplements to help with egg quality. On egg retrieval day, we got 9 eggs. My Amtrak follicle count was low,so this was really good .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
I felt like the clinic was so busy that even the nursing staff wasn't able to spend much time with me or really get to know me. I heard many times that i would receive a phone call , and never did. I felt in the dark about a lot especially labs. They never called with any results. I lived an hour away and they made us drive to the office for discussion of anything. Stuff that easily could have been discussed on the phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes, even if I was a half hour early! For the most part, they were direct and knew what they were doing, but I wish they just explained things to me because as a patient i was not sure of what to expect-ever! Didnt know the details of next steps. Sometimes I was sure glad I asked,because if I didnt I may have wasted a few long drives out there due to not being prepared at my visits
I was told up front the break down of costs and also to apply for financial assistance for my meds rt away. Even with a 50% discounted rate,my meds were double what was estimated. Its discouraging and very scary to spend every last dollar you have to potentially not conceive! They did have a program with success guaranteed but I did not qualify for it. I wish they had a separate consultation with a person from financial department who could lay out all options and help couples receive best rates possible.
I had to attend a seminar before undergoing treatment and this is when they stressed the importance of why they only do single embryo transfer. They stated all the risks involved with carrying multiples and it made sense
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
I just think that overall the clinic could be run better if communication was better and the patient was always informed of everything going on
Akron
[Dr. Akas Jain is] Wonderful at making you feel comfortable and bringing humor to a not so humorous situation. Good bedside manner. Does not remember specifics about us individually as he appears very rushed...I do not believe that this is lack of knowledge but lack of time...Very rushed, doesn't fully explain procedures (relies on nurses to explain everything) doesn't remember details about us...we are doing our first IUI with clomid and trigger shot.
We pay out of pocket [at Reproductive Gynecology] - costs so far $200 each visit $200 sperm analysis $125 trigger shot $500 IUI...Beautifully decorated clinic that reminds you more of a cosmetic procedures/spa office than a fertility clinic. Staff is nice but not overly by any means. They get you checked in, take your money, direct you where to go and do usually say something as you leave. I imagine there are a lot of emotions with patients in and out so they stay pretty neutral.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Wonderful at making you feel comfortable and bringing humor to a not so humorous situation. Good bedside manner. Does not remember specifics about us individually as he appears very rushed. Relying on him for his knowledge but he relies on his nursed to explain procedures or process in detail. We still fully believe in him as a doctor and person and we are doing our first IUI with clomid and trigger shot. We have completed 2 prior rounds of clomid.
Trust the process and know that you can rely on his nursed to explain what he may not. I do not believe that this is lack of knowledge but lack of time. If you have questions or concerns for him make sure you ask directly since you may not get that much individual time during your visit.
1st round of clomid 50mg produced 2 eggs ,( one on each side) but short periods so switched to letrizole for 2nd round and ovulation was early (unable to do IUI) along with other side effects. 3rd round 50mg clomid produced 3 eggs on one side and setup IUI date. Dr did advise of chance of multiples and advised that we could proceed with timed intercourse this month if we were uncomfortable with that and he would adjust the clomid dosage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Although extremely busy (scheduling everyone's fertility timeframe, writing scripts etc.), they will take the time to answer questions you may have. I rely on them for procedural answers. For instance, my husband and I have never given a shot so one of the nurses fully explained everything including showing us the needle and how to prep and use it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
We pay out of pocket - costs so far $200 each visit $200 sperm analysis $125 trigger shot $500 IUI
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
When we first had tests done, we were divided that we would get a call with results however we inevitably got them at our next appointment. They were all positive results so news earlier would have been relieving.
Treated 2018 - 2019
During our first consult, she greeted my husband and I as individuals. She talked with us about our infertility issues as a couple and explained to us our likelihood of conceiving. She then went on and answered every question that we had. Throughout our first cycle she was personable with each visit and after my miscarriage she was able to answer most questions, and tried to make me feel better...Due to a genetic condition and male factor infertility, she explained our odds of conceiving naturally and even using fertility drugs or IUIs. Because of the rare genetic condition it was in our best interest to do IVF with ICSI and PGS. We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal". We have only done one transfer so far and it was successful, but I miscarried at about 8 weeks.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950) [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Just under $17,000 total...We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal"...Michelle is the IVF nurse coordinator and she was always smiling and able to answer any questions that I had, or was able to find out the answers for me. She knew what she was talking about and always made sure you left knowing the plan.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was always available for each appointment I had. I felt comfortable discussing issues with her. She takes your emotions into consideration, but can be a little blunt at times. She always is in a positive mood and makes you feel as comfortable as she can while in procedures and ultrasounds.
She is a wonderful tool to have when trying to figure out infertility issues, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has several doctors and several different locations that help you find the right doctor and location for you. The staff at the Akron office is wonderful and they know the patients by name. They make you feel welcomed.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950). Just under $17,000 total.
Our doctor suggested eSET due to our age and physical condition. She also discussed that it would be a safer option as there are always added risks with multiple births. We were successful with the implantation of the single embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
After I found out that I was pregnant I got a bad sinus cold. I was told by my primary doctor to consult with my RE about starting a certain OTC medicine. I called the office and was told that it was okay to use that OTC med but then at a visit later that week I was told that they advise against using it.
Treated 2018 - 2019
So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel [with Dr. David Nash] to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there...He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
despite [Reproductive Gynecology] being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment...All of the nursing staff are compassionate and have been very supportive of my decision to be a single mother by choice. Mary has been supportive and always keeps good track of my next steps and gives me great instructions about what next steps I need to take in my cycle processes. The only weakness of this office would be that they are often busy, but I never feel this interferes with my care here.
How was your experience with David Nash at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Nash seems to have a good understanding of infertility and procedures. I went to him as a single mother by choice though, and I felt he was completely understanding of my situation and my supportive. He is often busy and seems rushed, but I attribute that to his needing to see so many patients. He is always kind and shows compassion despite this. He has been blunt about my chances of conceiving, but I feel that he needs to be this was to describe reality.
If you are a person who has a lot of questions, bring the list of questions with you before your consult. I personally want to distance myself from this process being so scientific but I because his time is limited be prepared with questions you might have.
For me, knowing that Dr Nash was often busy made me realize that he is helping a lot of people. I also felt that despite his office being busy, people still took the time to remember me and my situation. I almost always saw the same nurse and I've only seen Dr Nash for every appointment.
So far, I've done three IUIs with clomid and Ovatrel to increase ovulation at the time of insemination. These were beginning steps we agreed upon before moving onto more invasive treatments, but because of my age, he was open at my first treatment consulation with starting with more invasive treatment like IVF, if I wanted to begin there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful, including the front office staff and the appointment coordinators. They are often busy, as most doctor offices are, but they show support and compassion during your individual appointments. I feel I was lucky that I choose this fertility clinic because I have been very happy with the treatment so far despite my negative IUIs.
My insurance paid for most treatment until I began my IUI cycles, which cost (including sperm vials) $1,500 each cycle. I also had to pay for my genetic testing, but it was reduced to $199 and a counseling appointment which was $250 but very beneficial.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child...This was my first cycle so it was a standard IVF medication protocol. I was on Menopur , Glonal F, Cetrotide. Prior to retrieval I was also taking aspirin, prenatal with iron, Folbic , medrol, and a course of doxycycline. My trigger shot was Pregnyl. I started progesterone in oil prior to my FET.
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos [on our cycle with Reproductive Gynecology]. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history...Strength- well organized, state our the art infertility treatments, good appointment availability Weakness- busy office, long wait times , lab not covered by insurance, expensive if insurance is out of network...
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child.
Ask all your questions so you have a good understanding what’s going on with your treatment. IVF is a complicated process.
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive, empathetic, and is helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us.
The nursing staff was supportive and understanding. After we suffered the death or our son the nurses where empathetic and have their condolences.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$1000 lab work $1000 plus medication cost $11,000 out of pocket for ivf procedure
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history.
Treated 2014 - 2019
He [Dr. Jain] has always given us honest feedback about our situation and best ways to proceed. That being said, he can also be blunt and make me feel bad. I’ve left the office in tears many times, not because he was mean, but because he was trying to make sure we knew the entirety of the situation. He has also showed a tremendous amount of support for us over the years, from working directly with our donor egg agency to help us select the best donor, giving up weekend time to talk with us on the phone, to contacting my OB/GYN after our miscarriage to make sure he had all of the information possible.
Lynn is a most amazing nurse at RGI. She is our favorite person there - she has served as my coordinator at times...I was waiting for pregnancy test results after an FET, so it was a big one. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I had been bugging them all afternoon. It was almost the end of their day when I finally asked what we were going to do about it when they told me they got covered up with some other papers. It was negative, but the experience was extra frustrating, obviously.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a perfectionist. He wants you to get pregnant. These things were never in question for us. He has always given us honest feedback about our situation and best ways to proceed. That being said, he can also be blunt and make me feel bad. I’ve left the office in tears many times, not because he was mean, but because he was trying to make sure we knew the entirety of the situation. He has also showed a tremendous amount of support for us over the years, from working directly with our donor egg agency to help us select the best donor, giving up weekend time to talk with us on the phone, to contacting my OB/GYN after our miscarriage to make sure he had all of the information possible. His communication style can be challenging, but I ultimately believe he is very good at what he does and that he truly wants us to succeed.
If you need time to ask questions, schedule a consultation appointment. He does office visits quickly and will not give you a generous amount of time, but he will in a consult. It’s your money and your time and your health, make him give you the time you deserve.
Dr. Jain is a very busy doctor. I believe that he ultimately wants your success, but getting him to give you his full attention can be challenging at times. The clinic has gotten so much busier from when we initially started going there that it has felt difficult over the years to feel like we still matter to anyone there.
I don’t remember specifics. My first retrieval was difficult due to a cyst on one ovary and my other ovary being located very high in my pelvic cavity. My second retrieval was entirely unsuccessful - no eggs retrieved at all, which was a huge disappointment and ultimately what led to the use of donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel )
Lynn is a most amazing nurse at RGI. She is our favorite person there - she has served as my coordinator at times. I’ve been through several coordinators over the years, but Shannel is the current one. She is a very efficient communicator, but can be short and not very compassionate at times. She will always respond to emails though, which I am so appreciative of.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They’re busy. Columbus only has 2 clinics with a new third one just getting started. RGI is by far the more cutting edge of the two and frankly their busy-ness feels like a weakness at this point. The pro is that they are good - Dr. Jain is a good doctor, they have a great lab, and I think they do their best to run an efficient practice even when taking on so many patients.
IVF was something like $15,500 ICSI was $1,500 Donor Egg Retrieval was $17,125 Donor Egg Agency cost was approximately $10,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
Just one time, I was waiting for pregnancy test results after an FET, so it was a big one. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I had been bugging them all afternoon. It was almost the end of their day when I finally asked what we were going to do about it when they told me they got covered up with some other papers. It was negative, but the experience was extra frustrating, obviously.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Mooney] is very up-front, which is good. Makes good use of metaphor to help explain complex ideas. I felt constantly rushed during appointments and he often seemed annoyed by my questions. That said, he was good at explaining our treatment protocol and next steps. Bedside manner is definitely lacking. Also worth noting that he very abruptly left RGI recently (September 2019) and patients were not immediately notified -- which may be the fault of the clinic, but as a patient, I feel that I have a right to be informed about that kind of major change.
Don't expect someone [at Reproductive Gynecology] to answer the phone when you call -- be prepared to leave a message. They are pretty good about calling you back the same day. Receptionists and nurses are very friendly. The Canton office is small but Akron is large and comfortable. ... Dr. Mooney left the practice and I had to find out from a fellow patient, rather than the clinic or Dr. Mooney himself.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very up-front, which is good. Makes good use of metaphor to help explain complex ideas. I felt constantly rushed during appointments and he often seemed annoyed by my questions. That said, he was good at explaining our treatment protocol and next steps. Bedside manner is definitely lacking. Also worth noting that he very abruptly left RGI recently (September 2019) and patients were not immediately notified -- which may be the fault of the clinic, but as a patient, I feel that I have a right to be informed about that kind of major change.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Don't expect to be coddled or receive a lot of empathy. He is very knowledgeable and will explain complex ideas well. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He always seemed rushed unless I was his last patient of the day. Always running late.
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
When we started, Dr. Mooney suspected I was not ovulating on my own so he put me on Metformin, Cabergoline, and Synthroid. We then did 3 cycles of Clomid and timed intercourse, all of which failed. Our next step was 3 Letrozole cycles with timed intercourse, which also failed. We then moved onto IUIs. After 4 failed IUIs, Dr. Mooney informed us that he suspected I have endometriosis and recommended a laparoscopy. Dr. Mooney performed my laparoscopy a few weeks later and found and removed stage 2 endo. He left the next steps up to us, and we are pursuing a natural cycle before returning to medicated cycles and possibly more IUIs.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Don't expect someone to answer the phone when you call -- be prepared to leave a message. They are pretty good about calling you back the same day. Receptionists and nurses are very friendly. The Canton office is small but Akron is large and comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
IUIs cost $500 plus the cost of meds.
Stephen Mooney