Reproductive Health Specialists

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Bourbonnais
1515 Essington Road
Melrose Park, IL 60160
708/681-7390
Mokena
9475 Bormet Drive (192nd)
Mokena, IL 60448
708/681-7390
419 Rodi Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-731-8000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Health Specialists to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I feel so comfortable there [Repro Health Specialists]. You spend ALOT of time there so it’s very important to feel comfortable. I’m greeted by my name which always makes me feel good. I love when I walk up to the receptionist to check in and she greets me by name. Makes me smile every time. While I’m walking through the halls the techs all smile at me or address me by name or follow up from a frivolous conversation we’ve had while they’re drawing my blood or scanning me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I feel so comfortable there. You spend ALOT of time there so it’s very important to feel comfortable. I’m greeted by my name which always makes me feel good. I love when I walk up to the receptionist to check in and she greets me by name. Makes me smile every time. While I’m walking through the halls the techs all smile at me or address me by name or follow up from a frivolous conversation we’ve had while they’re drawing my blood or scanning me. The phlebotomist recalled why my husband does and where he works and it was just amazing to me. They see so many people and they remember me!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I feel like I’m their most important and favorite patient.
The nursing staff is so kind and they make you feel that they truly care. I’ve been there so long I’ve seen Medical assistants come and go. I absolutely trust all of them and they all know me by name.
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Albert makes me feel like she’s studying my case and thinking of new ways to make it work and bringing in colleagues to help me. She appears to be very knowledgeable and resourceful. She is very straight with us and is honest when we strategize.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Trust her. She’s got a lot of experience with this.
Describe the protocols Judith Albert used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
We started with an IUI even though it hadn’t worked at our previous doctor. It didn’t work. We jumped right into ivf and had our first retrieval on thanksgiving. Retrieved 23 eggs. 13 became embryos. We had a frozen transfer because we worried about OHSS. The first transfer resulted negative. We continued with several more FETs. And all were negative. On Memorial Day we had our first fresh transfer (I like a good holiday). I went gluten free for the months before, we only transferred one instead of two, and I ended up pregnant. I lost the pregnancy when I went in to see the heartbeat at 8 weeks. I had a D&C a few days later bc I didn’t want to waste time waiting for it to pass. I needed the closure. We had a ton of tests done to check for various factors. I didn’t not react to gluten so I’m no longer gluten free, though I’d consider doing it again because I feel like it might have been the key. We had a few more FETs after the recovery from D&C. We decided we might need a fresh batch of embryos. We did a retrieval on Feb 22 and transferred one again on Feb 27 but we just found out it was negative. On this cycle, I had what we feel was a period 3dp5dt. I highly recommend the cost sharing plan. We couldn’t have done it without the shared risk. We refinanced our house and made it work. We are going to consider genetic testing on the embryos next.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists.
We paid separate for our first IUI. I cannot remember the cost. We enrolled in the shared risk plan. We paid $25,000 for a 100% money back guarantee. Either we’d have a baby or get our money back. Best decision we made. You get four retrieval’s and all of the frozen embryos that those can make. Once you take home a living baby, you’re contract is terminated. If after 2 years or 4 fresh cycles and the embryos are used up, you still have no baby, then you get your money back. You have to qualify for the program based on your health history.
Describe Judith Albert's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Their view is different than mine. They see the risks of a multiples pregnancy. I see it as this is my only chance. I’m tapped out on money when this is said and done and if I could get two babies at once it would be worth the risk. Ultimately they let me make the choice but they are very convincing.
Pittsburgh
I love that this clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists] has a small town feel. I feel like i know most of the staff pretty personally and am always confortable to ask questions when need be. I dont like they they recently changed health care services ( highmark to UPMC)... [Nurse] Cece is AMAZING!!!! She is always soo bubbly and compassionate. She gets all of my questions answered so quickly even when i ask a ridiculous amount of them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I love that this clinic has a small town feel. I feel like i know most of the staff pretty personally and am always confortable to ask questions when need be. I dont like they they recently changed health care services ( highmark to UPMC)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She always took the time to talk to me and answer my questions. I never had to remind her of my care or any important part of my history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cece keefe)
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook is very kind and genuine. She took the time to sit with me and explain everything when my miscarried my first pregnancy after my IVF transfer. She didnt downplay my years of trying even though I am a younger patient. She is very focused on my success and continues to look for new options that may help grow our family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Tell her everything. The more information she has to work with the more she will be able to help them achieve their family planning goals.
Describe the protocols Meredith Snook used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
First we tried unassisted IUI cycles. We wanted to try for only one egg each cycle as my uterine abnormality wouldnt work well with a multiple pregnancy. Those two cycles were not successful. I them wanted to move onto IVF. I was on gonal f and menopur. Then centritide. I had a very successful egg retrieval cycle gaining 21 eggs. We used ICSI on 10 eggs amd that gave us 7 embroyos and then we used natural fertilization on the remaining 11 and we had 8 embroyos. We had 12 embroyos make it to day 5. We transferred one in a fresh cycle and froze the remaining 11. I miscarried at 5w6d.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists.
I was lucky enough to have great health insurance that covered everything completely so I am unsure costs
Pittsburgh
They're all really kind and welcoming. The clinic [Repro Health Specialists] is very zen, too. Allow yourself about 1 to 1.5 hrs for a MD visit b/c it can take a while b/n different parts of the visit. But ultrasound and lab is pretty fast....the clinic is always friendly and engaging....[Nursing Staff] Informative, helpful, kind/...Ultrasounds are somewhere around 150-250. Lab usually runs me b/n 13 and 50. All semen work and the procedure for IUI isn't supposed to be more than $400.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Take a deep breath. They're all really kind and welcoming. The clinic is very zen, too. Allow yourself about 1 to 1.5 hrs for a MD visit b/c it can take a while b/n different parts of the visit. But ultrasound and lab is pretty fast.
The clinic is always friendly and engaging. Dr. Albert never appears rushed and is always willing to answer questions completely.
Informative, helpful, kind/
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Albert comes highly recommended by another MD that I truly respect. She is also very knowledgable and willing to modify testing and treatment based on my personal concerns. She isn't a very warm personality, but that's not necessary for me personally. She is also thorough and great with answering questions.
Specifically to Dr. Albert, don't expect a lot of personal relationship. She isn't harsh/rude/insensitive, just not very warm and fuzzy. However, she is very good at what she does and will give you quality and individualized care. Come with all your concerns written down so you don't forget b/c she is very good at answering questions and I sometimes forgot all I wanted to talk about.
I started on clomid b/c I had some signs of PCOS. 3 cycles of clomid were unsuccessful so we moved to Letrazole for a monitored cycle. I had some rectal bleeding on my first cycle with it, so all Tx was placed on hold until I had a colonoscopy which was normal except for hemorrhoids. Now I am on my second cycle of letrozole and am anticipating my first IUI on this medication. The Letrozol is strictly to help me predict when I ovulate. My cycles are inconsistent and this way I can plan my work schedule for IUIs. If two IUI cycles don't result in live birth, our plan is to progress to IVF.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The lab techs (blood draws, ultrasound) are the nicest people I encountered at the clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists]. You see them the most, sometimes everyday...and they were so friendly and compassionate and easy to talk to. They were caring and reassuring and professional at the same time... I received “generalized” email responses that contained incorrect/opposing information from what I was verbally told in the office, and when I questioned it, I was made to feel like I was annoying or a bother to them.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
The lab techs (blood draws, ultrasound) are the nicest people I encountered at the clinic. You see them the most, sometimes everyday...and they were so friendly and compassionate and easy to talk to. They were caring and reassuring and professional at the same time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Felt like treatment was not individualized, and that things were not always discussed in a way that made me feel like my specific situation was important. I received “generalized” email responses that contained incorrect/opposing information from what I was verbally told in the office, and when I questioned it, I was made to feel like I was annoying or a bother to them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
Again, I felt that my concerns were dismissed. We didn’t know anything about ivf when we started, and I was scared. I felt like I was bothering them, and felt like I was meant with attitude.
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Very intelligent and knowledgeable about the ivf process she uses but not willing to try anything outside of her general treatment plan. Dismissive of any research you might do yourself... nice and calming to speak to, but it kind of feels forced.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Ask a lot of questions and more important be your own advocate. Do your own research so that you know what to ask bc if you don’t ask questions you won’t get answers. Also so you can get as much information as possible.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Kubik used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
I have pcos and complex atypical Endometrial hyperplasia. We Started with ovulation induction. Had a polypectomy and then at the suggestion on my oncologist, an inserted to keep the hyperplasia reversed for ivf. Stims meds were menopur, Ganirelix, and lupron trigger shot. Doses were super low, trying to avoid ovarian hyper stimulation bc of pcos and high levels of unopposed estrogen.We did a freeze all cycle as the iud was in place for the stim cycle. Retrieved 32 eggs, and had 10 embryos, 6 made it to freeze. We waited about 4 weeks, biopsied the endometrium. When the biopsy showed negative results, we removed the iud and started b.c. To prepare for the frozen embryo transfer. Used Lupron injections and the progesterone suppositories. Transferred 2 embryos each time over 3 Transfers. All failed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Approx 20k, before meds
Describe Carolyn Kubik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
She explained the risks and benefits of both.
Pittsburgh
We only got to talk to the doctor [at Repro Health] once so far. Everything else was handled by a nurse or a nurse practitioner. Even the IUI was performed by a different employee. I don't think we saw the same nurse more than once. All results were provided through a patient portal and no phone calls; no face-to-face meetings... the patient portal can be used for some things, but the clinic forces you to use it for everything. It's easy to forget to update or to check. If you fail to keep updating the clinic no longer contacts you to see why. Sometimes a phone call is better.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Primary mode of communication is their patient portal which is good if you enjoy that type of thing, but I think with such a sensitive topic phone calls are more appreciated and more information can be passed along.
We only got to talk to the doctor once so far. Everything else was handled by a nurse or a nurse practitioner. Even the IUI was performed by a different employee. I don't think we saw the same nurse more than once. All results were provided through a patient portal and no phone calls; no face-to-face meetings. No follow up on how we want to proceed after the IUI failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
Strengths- they are professional and good at getting you in and out. Good at taking blood. Thorough with all procedures. Weaknesses- the facility seems to see a lot of patients so you may not get the same nurse every time which is disappointing when your concerns are already heightened. The patient portal is insufficient. Sometimes a phone call is better than a message via the internet. It's easy to forget to update the portal so then the office doesn't follow up.
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Strengths- she is very encouraging when you talk with her. She is thorough when going over test results. Weaknesses- it seems like the facility treats a lot of patients, so you deal more with staff than the doctor directly.
Do you own follow up and be proactive. Be your own advocate. Make sure you are ready to talk about everything and contour own research. Bring questions to the table.
The treatment strategy is to run all of the female testing during one cycle which results in a lot of visits in a very short period of time. Test results were provided via a patient portal. Then a doctor visit to discuss the results and our options. IUI was scheduled for the next cycle based on at-home ovulation testing. I didn't get a positive ovulation result within the typical window, so they scheduled for day 14 regardless. IUI was performed but unsuccessful. We opted to hold off on future treatment until further male factor testing could be completed.
All testing up until diagnosis was covered by my insurance except for co-host and co-insurance. Most of the tests were run on-site with the exception of one which was sent to an outside lab. The clinic and the outside lab have an agreement for reduced fees. The IUI was out-of-pocket but their cost was reasonable when compared to other facilities.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The portal system [at Reproductive Health Specialists] is buggy. On important days it felt like it would crash on me (beta days!). Also, when we first started treatment there we would get results quickly, and then (as current as now) results seem to take all day which is nerve wracking. It's better than having to wait the next day, but still from what we started with to now it is a bit frustrating.... I love Nina. She became a friend to me. She cares so much about her patients and I have nothing but good positive things to say about her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
The portal system is buggy. On important days it felt like it would crash on me (beta days!). Also, when we first started treatment there we would get results quickly, and then (as current as now) results seem to take all day which is nerve wracking. It's better than having to wait the next day, but still from what we started with to now it is a bit frustrating.
Dr. Albert truly has a heart. She can come off clinical but I felt that she cared when we had our losses. She even offered to speak with me at my convenience. She does really care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Antanina Perricone)
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I do like Dr. Albert though I think she does not seem to look in depth into what some other clinics are doing as far as researching effects of other disorders on IVF outcomes (immune/MTHFR/etc). It seems like she is hesitant to think outside of the box. She is compassionate and really does care about her patients; but I feel maybe not as forward thinking or experimental as other doctors perhaps. She does take into account your thoughts and feelings towards your treatment however.
Though she appears very clinical and black and white, she has a huge heart. Be prepared to advocate for yourself though, just as anywhere else.
We began with IUI and clomid, hormonal support in the form of vaginal progesterone suppositories. I'm glad she didn't waste time on those, they gave us negative results. In my IVF cycle we used birth control, Menopur, Lupron, Follistim that I can remember as well as progesterone in oil, estradiol tabs orally, and doxycycline and medrol. I had to be a freeze all cycle as my hormonal levels were high and they were afraid to risk OHSS. So we got 28 eggs and I was pleased. 9 made it to day 5 blast, and all but two were graded 4 or above (two 2's). First eSET, positive beta, great second beta, ultrasound appointment we had no heartbeat, but fetal pole and yolk sac. Missed miscarriage at 7w (had to have a D&C as I would not miscarry even 3-4 weeks later). Second we transferred two, positive result, great second beta, baby/babies could not be found on ultrasound. Miscarried at home around 4-5 weeks. Third we transferred two, chemical pregnancy, fourth we transferred two and another chemical pregnancy.
We had to pay an ambulatory and surgical fee for retrieval since we were at a private clinic (over $1000 I believe). We paid for freezing out of pocket as well, and ICSI. A small amount was covered for our initial IVF cycle through old insurance we had but it didn't cover a whole cycle, I can't remember exactly but ICSI may have been around $1500, and freezing for the first 18 months $1500 (two years ago). If my estimates are remembered correctly. An FET costs roughly $3400 each time, and freezing (after the first 18 months that we already paid for) about $60 per month.
She strongly recommends eSET. She will try to move you to eSET if you are young. But due to our situation she let us try two at successive transfers.
Pittsburgh
I feel like overall the clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists] was very organized and the staff members were all very knowledgeable and compassionate. They took the time to listen to my questions and concerns and overall would recommend this clinic to others.... Our nurse/coordinator was very well educated and explained the plan of care very well. She and all the other nurses we came in contact with were very compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I feel like overall the clinic was very organized and the staff members were all very knowledgeable and compassionate. They took the time to listen to my questions and concerns and overall would recommend this clinic to others.
I feel as though Dr. Albert had taken the time to throughly go over our history and diagnosis and developed a personalized plan of care for us. She took the time to answer all of our questions and I never felt rushed and never felt like I was just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists.
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I feel as though Dr. Judith Albert was a great RE. She thoroughly reviewed our past medical history and current diagnosis of MFI and made sure everything was in line before starting the process of IVF. She reviewed all of our options with us and once the plan for IVF was in place everything seem to go smoothly and as planned. Dr. Albert was very kind, compassionate and listened to all of our concerns.
Try to stay as calm as possible throughout the process, trust Dr. Judith Albert and her team, and lean on friends and family for support!
I honestly forget the majority of the medications/protocol. I know started on birth control and then possibly Gonal-F, Menopur, and Lupron. (but it's been awhile) I also was on the progesterone IM shots daily. They retrieved 9 eggs and then went through the process of ICSI. We only had 2 embryos make it to day 5 for the transfer and because of quality of the embryos we decided to transfer both. We had a successful outcome and now have a healthy baby boy!!
It was approximately 15,000 for the IVF and ICSI.
We originally had planned to just transfer on embryo, but on the day of the transfer we spoke with Dr. Albert and because we had one ok embryo and one that was not as good and would not make it to freeze she discussed options to transfer 2 embryos. She reviewed the risks involved etc and the final decision came down to my husband and I, and we decided to transfer 2 embryos.
Pittsburgh
All RHS [Reproductive Health Specialists] doctors worked or studied at UPMC, so they are all pretty similar in their decision making and treatment protocol. If you're unhappy with one doctor's treatment plan, then I doubt another doctor from that clinic would do anything much different. Most doctors in Pittsburgh treat patients conservatively, if you are looking for different approaches that are more aggressive look at east coast clinics. We interviewed 5 clinics before settling on Shady Grove and Dr. Bromer. Each clinic offered a unique treatment plan that was different from RHS.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
RHS won't allow you to monitor anywhere, but there, so it's a pain to go for IVF monitoring if you don't live near Penn Hills. RHS is very protective of their numbers. There's a reason they have such high IVF success rates. They don't take chances on candidates that may not be successful. Don't be fooled by those high rates. All RHS doctors worked or studied at UPMC, so they are all pretty similar in their decision making and treatment protocol. If you're unhappy with one doctor's treatment plan, then I doubt another doctor from that clinic would do anything much different. Most doctors in Pittsburgh treat patients conservatively, if you are looking for different approaches that are more aggressive look at east coast clinics. We interviewed 5 clinics before settling on Shady Grove and Dr. Bromer. Each clinic offered a unique treatment plan that was different from RHS.
In all honesty, I think the nurses were overwhelmed and so care and communication suffer. i felt rushed anytime I had questions and received inadequate answers. Also, I hated having to communicate via a nurse to get answers from the doctor. Also, when we decided to have our escorts transferred to other clinics, we were given a hard time and they charged us on a few occasions.
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She is warm during her initial consults with you, but when you begin to have setbacks in therapy, she becomes appethetic. The only way to talk to her, was via messages through her nurse or during phone/face to face consults. She really downplayed the diminished ovarian reserve. My husband and I were in total shock when she suggested canceling the cycle on day 4 because of lack of results. Ultimately, the cycle was cancelled before egg retrieval due to DOR and I was told by her nurse that she would not try another cycle with my own eggs. The nurse said the doctor would only move forward with IVF if I did donor eggs. It was horrible that the nurse was communicating this to me. I had so many questions, and she just kept suggesting that I make an appoint,net with the doctor to discuss donor eggs. After my husband and I gathered ourselves together, we began researching IVF clinics that specialize in DOR and have had better success at Shady Grove with Dr. Bromer.
If you find out that you have diminished ovarian reserve, RUN! Find another clinic. Don't waste your time and money at RHS. Look outside of Pittsburgh to find a doctor that is willing to work with your condition. PGH, is a conservative market, look at clinics on the east coast.
300 Gonal F and 50 Menopur. In talking to other clinics and having further labs run, I was prescribed DHEA 75mg and CoQ10 1200mg. When beginning IVF 2, I was put on Gonal F 450 and Menopur 375.
I think 1 IVF session cost $8,000. There were cost sharing packages, but I don't remember the particulars.
2011 - 2013
2011 - 2013
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
All of the doctors collaborate, so I'm assuming my experience would have been similar with any of the doctors. I think it's a flaw of the clinic.
She was compassionate and good bedside manner.
She was amazing! I truly consider her a friend to this day.
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr Kubick was incredibly nice, and took time to explain things. However, she was not open to trying anything new or changing my treatment. After my 3rd chemical pregnancy she gave me the exact same speech in my regroup as she had given me four times before. No explanation, no new ideas, no suggestions to try something new. She just wanted to do the same thing again. My other complaint is that I believe I was over stimulated in my first cycle and that was the only transfer that was a complete negative (all others chemical). I asked her if I was overstimulated and she said 'no', but my next retrieval with her she just used the same protocol but stopped me earlier, resulting in less eggs. After sending my medical records to 3 doctors for another opinion, they all independently said that my estrogen was too high for a fresh transfer (both times). Two of the three doctors questioned if I had PCOS or PCO-like ovaries. The doctor I switched to put me on a different protocol that was more beneficial to me because of how many follicles I had (lower dose, longer stim), something dr Kubik never considered. Dr Kubik was nice, but nice doesn't mean you will have a baby. I feel like they have a set protocol and if it doesn't work for you, you are probably out of luck with dr Kubik.
Don't do more than one cycle with her! If you aren't an 'easy' case, then definitely look elsewhere. Don't fall for her kindness and 'try try again' attitude.
Approx $13k for IVF w ICSI incl fresh transfer. Approx $4k for a frozen transfer.
My first transfer was an eSET bc they were confident it would work- saying my eggs retrieved, fertilization and blast report were all above average.
Pittsburgh
They [Reproductive Health Specialists] don't make you wait long. Techs and nurses smile and are kind. No one rushes you. It is kept very Clean. They are great with bloodwork. They don't make u pay till time of insemination. They walk you through everything. There is no question of what happens next. The patient portal is used and run wonderfully and they response so fast.... She [nurse] always was quick to tell you results and respond immediately to questions. She always asked dr snook if I had questions and would respond with her answer
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
They don't make you wait long. Techs and nurses smile and are kind. No one rushes you. It is kept very Clean. They are great with bloodwork. They don't make u pay till time of insemination. They walk you through everything. There is no question of what happens next. The patient portal is used and run wonderfully and they response so fast.
She was kind, explained everything in depth, she talked with me on the phone after my loss and was very empathetic. She was positive and upifting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
She always was quick to tell you results and respond immediately to questions. She always asked dr snook if I had questions and would respond with her answer. She never made me feel like I was bothering. She was prompt and always gave me apts asap and without difficulty.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook was kind and always positive. She made me feel like nothing was wrong so why would it not work. She always has a smile on. She however never changed my medications after 3 failed IUIs. Protocol was always the same. She was easy to get in contact with very available.
She is not in any rush but she is kind and wants what's best for you. She will not put you in danger but it may take some time because she doesn't change her routine easily.
Always clomid with ultrasound and bloodwork then iui following day after positive LH surge.
Iui with clomid 250. Iui with blood work, ultrasound and clomid 730. Consult 100.
Pittsburgh
Cece [nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists] was thorough with her responses and quick to respond to my questions or concerns...They do break up billing so I never had a lump sum bill but rather a "per treatment " bill...I love that they have an App that you can use to readily and easily communicate. You can review test results and appointments easily too. The only negative is it takes a while for your initial appointment to be scheduled because they book fast however once you're a patient they're very flexible with appointments!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Dr. Snook was very attentive and empathetic with our situation. She even offered to stay with me during the 10 min wait after my IUI when my wife couldn't make the appointment. When we got our positive beta test back she cried happy tears with me. She truly cares!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Ceecee)
Cece was thorough with her responses and quick to respond to my questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook was a pleasure to work with and I recommended her to my friend who agreed she's a great doctor to work with. She's kind and shows she cares with her tone and attention to detail. She makes a point to speak with her patients directly instead of relying on her nursing staff.
Know your insurance coverage so you don't have to play around with the least expensive treatments. If you have coverage, use it!
I was fortunate to have insurance coverage for our fertility treatments. The clinic did, however, go in to detail about costs if insurance didn't pay the claim. They also explained the financing options. They do break up billing so I never had a lump sum bill but rather a "per treatment " bill.
Describe Meredith Snook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Dr. Snook used logistics when deciding how many embryos to transfer. I was pleased in the end!
Pittsburgh
[Repro Health Specialists] Very clean and inviting. Lots of pictures of success stories. Sometimes the pictures made me feel uncomfortable because I wondered if I would ever be lucky enough to have my baby’s picture hanging in their office...Wonderful nursing staff. They were always quick to answer my questions and supportive when I needed their support...Cost was always discussed up front, and I felt they were fair.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
All of my questions were always answered in a timely matter. No question was very dismissed or ignored.
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She always answered all my questions. Sometimes blunt, but very specific and made sure I understood everything. Always took the time to explain things and felt confident in her treatment plan for me.
Be your own advocate, do research and come with an idea of what you want your treatment to be.
We started with clomid only. I asked about using a trigger shot and was quickly given the option, we spent many months using clomid and the trigger shot with timed intercourse. Prior to treatmeant I was only getting a period once every 4-5 months. After 6 months of timed intercourse she recommended IUI. Due to scheduling conflicts this wouldn’t take place for another few months. On our first attempt at IUI (with clomid and trigger shot) we got pregnant with 1 baby. We are currently 6 months pregnant!
Cost was always discussed up front, and I felt they were fair.
2013 - 2017
I had 9 failed IUI's [at Reproductive Health Specialists] before I switched to IVF and got pregnant on my first fresh transfer. The first 3 IUI's were natural while the remaining 6 used different fertility medications (Clomid and Femera) to see how my body would respond best...This clinic is owned and operated by mostly women and many of them were patients at one time- this means they understand what its like and can sympathize with the struggles and difficult results. Because they are so busy, they do leave most communication to the patient portal which doesn't always seem personable but effectively gets communication to each patient.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Dr. Kubik was always compassionate and explained everything thoroughly. I felt like she took my feelings and struggles into consideration during my treatments.
The nursing staff at RHS is amazing- everyone one of them was kind, compassionate, flexible, and showed the upmost respect for us as patients.
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I loved Dr. Kubik and would recommend her to anyone. She has a warm bedside manor and was always honest but kind. She never makes guarantees but gives all possible outcomes. I didn't see her at every appointment but she was always available via phone or through the patient portal.
Don't stress over everything but let Dr Kubik guide you through the process.
I had 9 failed IUI's before I switched to IVF and got pregnant on my first fresh transfer. The first 3 IUI's were natural while the remaining 6 used different fertility medications (Clomid and Femera) to see how my body would respond best. The failure of the IUI's were just bad luck.
Don't remember
This clinic stresses the importance of one healthy baby so they are conservative with their approach to as to produce healthy embryos.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
We did not end up getting pregnant at RHS [Reproductive Health Specialists], but I did feel that Dr. Erb was a knowledgeable and trustworthy physician to work with. We ultimately did decide to move onto a larger out-of-state clinic that had more treatment options....Our nurse coordinator was very friendly and was provided prompt responses. She was easier to work than our originally assigned IVF coordinator....The front desk admin could stand to be more warm and friendly since she always acted like it was an inconvenience whenever I spoke to her over the phone.
European, East Asian
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I enjoyed the convenience of the online patient portal, so I could see all of my test results reported within hours of testing, available prescriptions, and procedure instructions. It was helpful to be able to email through the portal, while at I was at work. The front desk admin could stand to be more warm and friendly since she always acted like it was an inconvenience whenever I spoke to her over the phone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Erb was incredibility kind, patient, and understanding of our needs to conceive a baby. She did not make us feel rushed during patient visits and took her time to thoughtfully answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Both my husband and I enjoyed working with Dr. Erb. She was present at all of my embryo transfers and always called immediately to follow-up after each procedure. We did not end up getting pregnant at RHS, but I did feel that Dr. Erb was a knowledgeable and trustworthy physician to work with. We ultimately did decide to move onto a larger out-of-state clinic that had more treatment options.
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
Clomid cycles, IVF with ICSI- Freeze All, and Frozen Embryo Transfers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Reproductive Health Specialists.
My treatment was covered by my insurance, so I cannot really give exact costs.
Teresa Erb
Pittsburgh
They [Reproductive Health Specialists] are very organized and on top of things. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors very compassionate and want to help you succeed in becoming pregnant and having a healthy baby. Everyone is very good at answering questions and getting back to you with the appropriate answer in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
They are very organized and on top of things. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors very compassionate and want to help you succeed in becoming pregnant and having a healthy baby. Everyone is very good at answering questions and getting back to you with the appropriate answer in a timely manner.
She is very kind and understanding!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Yes CeCe)
She was very kind almost too kind
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She was very good at explaining the process and the steps we should take. She did a great job of explaining everything and all of the steps that we would take. She made us feel very comfortable about our situation and took time to answer all of our questions. She gave us some helpful suggestions, which was much appreciated. When we had follow-up questions and contacted the clinic she always got back to us. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who may be going through fertility issues!
Go in knowing that she is there to help you
She started us off on a simple route using Clomid...
Initial appointment was just shy of $200. The semen analysis seemed costly and of course the entire IVF process with medications is unbelievably high.
Pittsburgh
On appointment days plan to be there a while. Also they [Repro Health Specialists] are extremely difficult to work with as far as scheduling is concerned. They were not sympathetic to the fact that I have an hour and 45 minute drive one way to get there.... No one could ever draw my blood and made me feel like it was my fault.... During the initial meeting in the office I felt like a human with Dr Snook, however all other contact was with a nurse via online messaging and that made me feel like a number.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
On appointment days plan to be there a while. Also they are extremely difficult to work with as far as scheduling is concerned. They were not sympathetic to the fact that I have an hour and 45 minute drive one way to get there.
No one could ever draw my blood and made me feel like it was my fault.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I enjoyed our initial consultation with Dr Snook. Unfortunately that was my only interaction with her. All other communication came through a nurse. This was not acceptable. I expect a dr who is treating you to meet with you more than once. When she wanted to stop treatment she didn’t even tell me herself.
Demand to deal with her not the nurse.
3 cycles using Letrozol and increasing the dose each time. I did not ovulate for any of the cycles. She also had my tubes checked for blockages there were none. After 3 cycles she had the nurse message me to tell me we were done until I lose weight. No explanation of how much or help with how to, just we are done.
Pittsburgh
Strengths [for Reproductive Health Specialists] - friendly, experienced staff. High success rates. Always got into appointments on time. Convenient schedule for working women. Weakness- couldn’t think of too much - maybe just more time with the actual doctor. My 2 IUIs were not Done by Kubik but I wish they had been.... We spent about $18,000 total including medicine for IVF. I believe the IVf with ICSI was about $13,500
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Strengths - friendly, experienced staff. High success rates. Always got into appointments on time. Convenient schedule for working women. Weakness- couldn’t think of too much - maybe just more time with the actual doctor. My 2 IUIs were not Done by Kubik but I wish they had been.
Dr. Kubic was very compassionate yet honest. She didn’t give false hope but was enthusiastic and caring.
The nursing staff was my favorite. It felt like they had become my friends. I knew about their families, where they were going on vacation, etc. they were supe friendly and very educated!
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Kubik was great! She never rushed me through an appointment. She was honest and kind. She gave me the facts but seemed hopeful and understood the costs and emotional challenges with moving forward. She was never pushy.
You won’t see her every visit but she is there when it counts and she is one of the best!
Because my AMH was very high, she didn’t use menopur on me. I still overstimmed so we do a Lupron shot before the egg retrieval and then I had to wait 2 months before I could do a frozen transfer but it was successful!
My doctor recommend one embryo for transfer and due to many preemies in my family, that’s all I wanted. She felt that due to my age and it being more male factor, one would be best for me.
Pittsburgh
This clinic [Repro Health Specialists] is professional, clean, well respected and a great place to start a family! We were unhappy with our nurse ivf coordinator, but luckily the other staff provided a warm welcoming place for us during a very difficult time in our life!...No one called us the night before our transfer to tell us the time. It took us about a good hour of trying to reach someone to know the time. It was very stressful
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
This clinic is professional, clean, well respected and a great place to start a family! We were unhappy with our nurse ivf coordinator, but luckily the other staff provided a warm welcoming place for us during a very difficult time in our life!
She was straight to the point, but kind, and laid out all the information we could possibly need.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Nina)
She was rude, demanding and threatened to cancel our cycle because I couldn’t make one appointment
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
We loved Dr. Albert! She was thorough, straight to the point, patient, and remembered details about our personal lives. She was confident that we would conceive, and gave us all of the necessary information needed to make the choice on whether we should pay for numerous transfers upfront or one at a time.
You have to be alright with hearing Information straight up without sugar coating!
We tried one cycle of IUI. We did one retrieval, but had to cancel and freeze all due to being overstimulated. The next cycle we transferred one frozen and it didn’t take. The following cycle we transferred one embryo and it took!
2008 - 2012
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I loved that Dr. Mareks office [Reproductive Health Specialists] was small and the whole staff knew you by name and greeted you so sweetly every time. They felt bad for you when you didn't get pregnant and celebrated with you when you did. I still stop in to visit them and show them the boys pictures as they grow.... Maggie was amazing. Sweet bubbly and just made the process so much easier
2008 - 2012
European, Black or African-American
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I think their strength and weakness is that they are a small clinic. I love that I had that one on one feel, but they weren't able to do some of the things that the bigger clinics could do. I don't remember specifically but there were some things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marek Piekos at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I loved that Dr. Mareks office was small and the whole staff knew you by name and greeted you so sweetly every time. They felt bad for you when you didn't get pregnant and celebrated with you when you did. I still stop in to visit them and show them the boys pictures as they grow.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Maggie )
Maggie was amazing. Sweet bubbly and just made the process so much easier.
How was your experience with Marek Piekos at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Marek was very kind. And made sure my husband and I understood everything that we would be going through. Tests, prescriptions, procedures. Made sure we read their manual. He was the reason I found out about my thyroid issue.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marek Piekos at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Be patient. Read everything so you have a full understanding.
Describe the protocols Marek Piekos used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
I don't remember everything. I remember doing shots in my stomach to produce eggs, and I remember going through egg retrieval and taking shots of progesterone after transfer until pregnancy was detected or not.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marek Piekos at Reproductive Health Specialists.
I don't really remember I was very lucky that at the time my insurance covered the majority of my care
Describe Marek Piekos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
No comments.
Marek Piekos
Melrose Park
Overall it is a good clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists], but due to the volume, it's hard to feel like you have individualized care and focus on your particular situation. You have to be prepared to advocate for yourself, ask questions, question why your doctor is approaching treatment the way he or she is.... We had insurance coverage, but IUI costs were between $300 and $400 per cycle, not including medication. Clomid was less than $50 per cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Overall it is a good clinic, but due to the volume, it's hard to feel like you have individualized care and focus on your particular situation. You have to be prepared to advocate for yourself, ask questions, question why your doctor is approaching treatment the way he or she is.
I felt that the doctor was empathetic to our situation, but was quick to dismiss some options based on statistics alone despite our willingness to try anything.
Nursing staff was generally good and compassionate.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook seems knowledgeable and is friendly and kind, but is quick to recommend/not recommend treatments simply based on statistics. She was hesitant to even prescribe Clomid at a low dose along with IUI.
You have to advocate for yourself if you know what you want.
Did two non-medicated cycles with IUI, and one with Clomid.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Most communication [at Reproductive Health Specialists] is done via online portal. Earliest appointments are 7am, which to some that may not be ideal. They are always running on time...The nursing staff worked well together, but sometimes it was confusing talking strictly through the patient portal....Roughly $15k for full fresh IVF cycle with ICSI. $3700 for a frozen transfer cycle. Roughly $1000 for storage costs to freeze embryos.........
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Most communication is done via online portal. Earliest appointments are 7am, which to some that may not be ideal. They are always running on time.
They were compassionate
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr Albert was very thorough and organized. She explained everything we asked and told us about any risks. She was compassionate and would personally call if something was needed to be explained and the nurses were not able to.
She is very to the point and comes across as having no bedside manner, but she is very good.
Dr Albert used different strategies than my other doctors have. She did the procedure before the transfer to scratch my lining. She also adjusted my medications from my previous doctor.
Dr Albert explained the risks with transferring multiple embryos but was willing to do it since we've had 3 failed transfers in the past.
Pittsburgh
It sometimes took them [Reproductive Health Specialists - Pittsburg] a few hours to respond to online or phone messages, but when they did they were so compassionate and helpful....About $25k for a shared-risk IVF program, not including tests and about $2k in drugs. Each of our 3 IUIs was $295....RHS has a very personal approach to care. It was nice to have the staff remember me and know my name when I walked in the door and had various tests and procedures....There was one instance when the protocol instructions I received in person varied from what the online portal said. This error was cleared up easily with a phone call.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
It sometimes took them a few hours to respond to online or phone messages, but when they did they were so compassionate and helpful.
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Kubik was extremely knowledgeable and answered all our questions thoroughly. She also treated us with compassion and understanding when we hit stumbling blocks, like having to convert our IVF cycle to a freeze-all when I developed symptoms of OHSS. Our daughter was conceived from a FET cycle two months later and was born last month after 4+ years of trying to conceive! We are so in love with this baby girl and can't thank Dr. Kubik enough for helping to bring her into the world.
If you have questions, ask! She knows her stuff and will give you an honest answer.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
All communication is thru a portal and it takes time to get a response. Then if you call, the nurse isn't always familiar with your case.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Unfortunately we did not have a successful IVF cycle with RHS. The nurse called to give me the negative results. When I asked to speak with the MD I was told I had to schedule a phone appt, which took 5 additional days. When she called, she was short and lacked empathy. This was off putting to me especially considering on my initial appt she spent a lot of time with me and appeared compassionate. At the end of our conversation she said I could make an appt with her face to face if I wanted to discuss more options. I would have appreciated a face to face conversation to discuss the results of my IVF cycle but that was not offered. Therefore I chose a different clinic to proceed with and I am now pregnant with twins :)))
Be as compassionate when delivering negative results as you are when convincing the patient to chose your clinic.
Pittsburgh
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Health Specialists] have been great at answering any and all questions we have. They are friendly and informative...Pre Testing - $2,000 Egg Transfer & IVF Cycle - $13,500..The clinic is clean and professional..her staff were very kind to us and made us feel safe and wanted there...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
The clinic is clean and professional.
Dr Kubic took the time to speak with my wife and I and answer all our questions. She and her staff were very kind to us and made us feel safe and wanted there.
The nursing staff have been great at answering any and all questions we have. They are friendly and informative.
How was your experience with Carolyn Kubik at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr Kubik took the time to walk us through the reciprocal IVF treatment for my wife and I. She treated us with dignity and respect. As a Lesbian couple, my wife and I were concerned how we were going to be treated during this journey, but Dr Kubik and her staff were very welcoming and kind.
Know that she is not warm and fuzzy. But she is knowledgeable and understanding.
Pre Testing - $2,000 Egg Transfer & IVF Cycle - $13,500
2011 - 2015
3 IUI, IVF
I loved [Reproductive Health Specialists]. Everyone was friendly and caring. I felt like I was important to them and that they truly cared about me and helping me. My nurse was amazing, she was there for me when I had questions concerns and fears. She had a great personality and was easy to talk to.
2011 - 2015
3 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I loved this practice. Everyone was friendly and caring. I felt like I was important to them and that they truly cared about me and helping me. Dr Albert was always willing to listen to my concerns and answer any questions I had. But the nurses are what make this practice, they are who you interact with daily and depending on what type of treatments you are undergoing determines who your nurse is and that's great because you have one person to touch base with and you know they know your case and history inside and out.
Pittsburgh
Judith [Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists] is straight to the point. There was no sugar coating things and I liked that. She effectively communicated our results and treatment plans and listened to our concerns and provide us with advice and how to proceed
She spent a lot of time reviewing our history and talking to us
Quick and effective communication, kind and understanding
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Judith is straight to the point. There was no sugar coating things and I liked that. She effectively communicated our results and treatment plans and listened to our concerns and provide us with advice and how to proceed
Be respectful of your patients time. She occasionally runs behind.