Reproductive Institute of South Texas

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
McAllen
110 E Savannah Ave
McAllen, TX 78503
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Institute of South Texas to a friend?
Don't recommend: 10
There was no nurses, only medical assistants that didn’t explain things correctly.... I had asked for a meeting with Dr. Brown prior to my 3rd FET. I had it and I made it clear that I wanted to thaw 2 embryos on my third transfer, I even signed paperwork! On the day of the transfer, they [Reproductive Institute of South Texas] tell me that they only thawed 1. That it was too late to thaw another one.... [Cost Of Treatment] Traditional IVF @$12,000 PGS @$5000 Additional FET $3000
Describe your experience with Reproductive Institute of South Texas.
No strengths, the only reason I went there is because it was the only fertility clinic within the 3hour range. This clinic/dr have the only ones that have been around south Texas for decades. Fourtunetly, now there’s a new clinic with wonderful staff that I switched over to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Esteban Brown at Reproductive Institute of South Texas?
He couldn’t even recall any of my info. He would file his nails while I spoke to him. Soooo freakin rude!
There was no nurses, only medical assistants that didn’t explain things correctly. I caught several errors.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Institute of South Texas?
How was your experience with Esteban Brown at Reproductive Institute of South Texas?
He has zero bed-side manners. He didn’t personalize my treatment at all. He made comments that were uncalled for and even made a mistake during one of my transfers, I had waned two embryos transferred but only transferred one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Esteban Brown at Reproductive Institute of South Texas?
Don’t waste your money!
Describe the protocols Esteban Brown used in your cycles at Reproductive Institute of South Texas and their degree of success.
He did not personalize my treatment at all. There was no calendar provided for me, only little post-its here and there. It was so confusing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Esteban Brown at Reproductive Institute of South Texas.
Traditional IVF @$12,000 PGS @$5000 Additional FET $3000
Describe Esteban Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Institute of South Texas.
I wanted two embryo transferred on my 3rd try and he went ahead and only transferred one any way. So mad about it still. We considered suing but we didn’t want additional stress throughout this already hard road
Esteban Brown