9.7

Winchester (closed)
1820 West Plaza Drive
Winchester, VA 22601

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr Bateman] certainly is an excellent doctor, but it wasn't until after I'd already undergone 2 IUI cycles that we did the testing to determine my AMH (ovarian reserve) is low. That, coupled with my partner's male factor, meant IUIs were likely never going to be effective for us.
I felt like if RMSCVA took the time to do additionally tests and fully review my partner's sperm analysis, we would not have wasted time or funds on IUI....Brittany - my coordinator for IUI -- was excellent!...Small RE in Charlottesville. They do not have a separate waiting room for people who bring children, so please be aware.
How was your experience with Bruce Bateman (retired) at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Dr. Bateman takes a conservative approach. We had to ask for additional interventions in order to have a more aggressive treatment plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Bateman (retired) at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
I don't feel like Dr. Bateman took the time to diagnose our issues/ review our past medical history. He certainly is an excellent doctor, but it wasn't until after I'd already undergone 2 IUI cycles that we did the testing to determine my AMH (ovarian reserve) is low. That, coupled with my partner's male factor, meant IUIs were likely never going to be effective for us. I felt like if RMSCVA took the time to do additionally tests and fully review my partner's sperm analysis, we would not have wasted time or funds on IUI.
Describe the protocols Bruce Bateman (retired) used in your cycles at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA) and their degree of success.
I did 2 cycles of Letrozole/Femara combined with IUI. I added a trigger shot. RMSCVA doesn't necessarily do ultrasound monitoring during IUI cycle (they ask you to do OPKs at home). I asked RMSCVA to add two things which they didn't recommend for me: 1) mid-cycle monitoring because I didn't want to waste a cycle by missing ovulation, and 2) a trigger shot in order to better time IUI. First cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy and second cycle was a negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA). (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
Brittany - my coordinator for IUI -- was excellent!
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
What specific things went wrong at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
We had three people tell us different things about an upcoming cycle, and had to call several times to clarify
2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Smith is great at what she does. She made sure I always understood what she talked about and always answered my questions. She stayed confident even when I was not. She was quick to make any changes when the results were not going as planned, which made me feel better.... We started by initially running blood work to check for the most common reasons for my infertility. Then we did a test to check for blockage in my Fallopian tubes. We tried several rounds of Clomid to make me ovulate regularly and then a round of Femera because we had no success with Clomid. Femera offered even less of a result so we then tried IUI beginning with injections to produce follicles. We had an IUI after the injections, but that also failed.
I had a great experience with this clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of VA]. Everyone was always so nice and reassuring. No one judged me or made me uncomfortable.... The nursing staff was very compassionate and well informed. They always answered my questions.... We started by initially running blood work to check for the most common reasons for my infertility. Then we did a test to check for blockage in my Fallopian tubes. We tried several rounds of Clomid to make me ovulate regularly and then a round of Femera because we had no success with Clomid. Femera offered even less of a result so we then tried IUI beginning with injections to produce follicles. We had an IUI after the injections, but that also failed.
How was your experience with Laura Smith at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Smith at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Smith at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Dr. Smith was always nice and reassuring. She made sure to answer all of my questions and made sure I understood what we were doing. She stayed confident even when I was not.
Describe the protocols Laura Smith used in your cycles at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
I had a great experience with this clinic. Everyone was always so nice and reassuring. No one judged me or made me uncomfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Smith at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
The costs seemed to be about average. One great thing was that they offer discount programs for IVF.
There were a couple of times when the staff did not call me with the results of a test that I was expecting.
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Christopher Williams] did my mid cycle scan and adjusted my medication timing because I ovulated too early last cycle...Very personable and warm in his encounters...was very helpful in explaining the process of iui and the risks/chances for multiples. He was very pleasant and approachable. Bedside manner is very important in this specialty. I would recommend Dr. Williams to anyone going to this clinic...he will explain everything to his best ability.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of VA] is clean and organized. The staff is very accommodating. You don’t feel like a number, they know you and your case. I feel like they could be a little more emotionally sensitive and encouraging when you report a failed cycle. Some of the charges are high and inconsistent with different ultrasounds and for such a short visit...Brittany [nurse] was great and so encouraging and upbeat. The nursing staff is always so nice on the phone.
How was your experience with Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Dr. Williams was very helpful in explaining the process of iui and the risks/chances for multiples. He was very pleasant and approachable. Bedside manner is very important in this specialty. I would recommend Dr. Williams to anyone going to this clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
If you have any questions or hesitations at all just ask. he will explain everything to his best ability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Very personable and warm in his encounters
Describe the protocols Christopher Williams used in your cycles at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA) and their degree of success.
He did my mid cycle scan and adjusted my medication timing because I ovulated too early last cycle.
Brittany was great and so encouraging and upbeat. The nursing staff is always so nice on the phone.
The clinic is clean and organized. The staff is very accommodating. You don’t feel like a number, they know you and your case. I feel like they could be a little more emotionally sensitive and encouraging when you report a failed cycle. Some of the charges are high and inconsistent with different ultrasounds and for such a short visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Ultrasounds are very pricey. Iui was around $355.
Describe Christopher Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
I am not sure.
Charlottesville

Kind and caring. He did not sugar coat facts. He told us stuff about our labs that our prior doctor didn’t or missed helping us discover that some of our fertility issues were also related to my husband... Ask questions. No question is stupid and dr Bateman and his staff have the answers....Due to my age he recommended 1 embryo transfer at a time and felt there would be better success... They [RMSC] have a patient portal but you can only receive messages from them. It was helpful bc all test and lab results were on the portal
I like being able to email. They [RMSC] have a patient portal but you can only receive messages from them. It was helpful bc all test and lab results were on the portal which came in handy when I saw a different specialist about a separate problem... Stephanie and Tara are great. I can email them any question and I usually get a response by the end of the day.... Prepaid ivf cycle cost about 20k not including anesthesia fees and medication costs but that included 2 egg retrievals, ultrasound, lab work and as many embryo transfer as needed to bring home a live birth
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Bateman (retired) at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Candid talk from doctor, tough love sometimes which is what we needed. Kind and knowledgeable
I like being able to email. They have a patient portal but you can only receive messages from them. It was helpful bc all test and lab results were on the portal which came in handy when I saw a different specialist about a separate problem
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Bateman (retired) at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Describe Bruce Bateman (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Williams] was very warm and took the time to answer all of questions. He also explained treatments and next further steps. He came highly recommended from a friend and they also regarded him very highly. We had multiple visits and are still undergoing treatment.... After trying for over a year we went to Dr. Williams with unexplained infertility. We did 4 months of 5 mg letrozol. One was an IUI. Nothing has worked so far and are still going back for more treatment.
They [Reproductive Med and Surg Ctr of VA] are open 363 days a year for cycling patients. Huge perk being open all the time. Located in Charlottesville - kind of far from us but we make it work to the best of our ability. We like it enough to drive two hours one way per visit so that should speak volumes.... They [nursing staff] are nice and competent and were really patient with my wife who is a big ninny when it comes to getting her blood drawn.
He was very warm and took the time to answer all of questions. He also explained treatments and next further steps. He came highly recommended from a friend and they also regarded him very highly. We had multiple visits and are still undergoing treatment.
Make an appointment - hes a good doctor.
He was nice.
They are nice and competent and were really patient with my wife who is a big ninny when it comes to getting her blood drawn.
They are open 363 days a year for cycling patients. Huge perk being open all the time. Located in Charlottesville - kind of far from us but we make it work to the best of our ability. We like it enough to drive two hours one way per visit so that should speak volumes.
IUI is $500. Much cheaper than the clinics in NoVA... we are probably 5X more expensive.
He didn't talk to us about it.
Charlottesville
Dr Bateman is a pleasure to work with, showing a genuine concern for our desire to have a family....The only downside is he no longer performs endometriosis surgery, therefore I need to see another physician in the office. But I feel quite confident I'm receiving the best care. Whenever I've seen him, he makes sure I know what action we're taking and the next steps. He's very thorough and takes the time to explain everything.
The office [Repro Med Surgery Ctr of VA] is quiet, and private. It has a cozy feel. The only downside is it can be hard to find as its located in an area with several outpatient offices and buildings. However, there is amble parking due to its location....Thus far I've seen a couple different nurses in office. They are compassionate and caring, easy to reach via phone whenever questions arose....Before continuing treatment, I will see another physician in the practice to have surgery for endometriosis.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are no wrong questions, and he takes the time to walk you through the process.
I'm currently seeing Dr Bateman. He has adjusted, increased my clomid dose, and we are planning to utilize IUI soon. Before continuing treatment, I will see another physician in the practice to have surgery for endometriosis.
The office is quiet, and private. It has a cozy feel. The only downside is it can be hard to find as its located in an area with several outpatient offices and buildings. However, there is amble parking due to its location.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Williams always speaks plainly, gently and used his own experiences to show empathy. I feel like our best interest is what he wants as well....Kind, compassionate, good listener. I have no complaints. I had 3 very intrusive fibroids removed and Dr. Williams did the surgery. He was very clear with expectations for after surgery as well as possible complications....intent to call him in a couple months to update him and discuss medication use.
I have no complaints [Repro Med Surgery Ctr of VA]. They are wonderful and respectful of feelings and personal information. I like that I see the same Dr. every time. I have anxiety with Dr.'s and being able to have the same one each time helps me cope a lot better...Everyone was very kind, courteous and professional....Dr. Williams always speaks plainly, gently and used his own experiences to show empathy. I feel like our best interest is what he wants as well.
I feel I have done that with previous answers. Kind, compassionate, good listener. I have no complaints. I had 3 very intrusive fibroids removed and Dr. Williams did the surgery. He was very clear with expectations for after surgery as well as possible complications.
No advice. He's wonderful.
Had a lot of blood tests to rule out genetic issues,etc. After ultrasounds showing fibroids and the pain they presented it was decided to have them removed in the hopes of making conception faster and keeping a pregnancy. With the intent to call him in a couple months to update him and discuss medication use.
Everyone was very kind, courteous and professional.
I have no complaints. They are wonderful and respectful of feelings and personal information. I like that I see the same Dr. every time. I have anxiety with Dr.'s and being able to have the same one each time helps me cope a lot better.
Can't remember
Charlottesville

Dr. Smith was patient and took the time to explain things in detail and cover any questions I had. She made sure I understood what each step consisted of and what the next step was. I never left her office confused or with questions. She was very compassionate with my husband and I taking time to reassure us and explain things in language we understood...Answered all concerns and questions promptly and would return calls the same day!
The clinic [RMSC] is extremely warm and inviting. They make you feel comfortable during a time that is stressful and emotional. Everyone there is so sweet and understanding. Compassion is key for them!...The nurses at the clinic were very thorough and took the time to explain how to do each injection and even when to do it. We had issues with my insurance covering the medications and they worked with me in order to get it covered...Answered all concerns and questions promptly and would return calls the same day!
Be prepared for a lot of information. Bring a notebook!
She, the other doctors and the nurses took the time to explain things in detail. Answered all concerns and questions promptly and would return calls the same day!
I took a round of several injections and did one trigger shot right before the retrieval.
The clinic is extremely warm and inviting. They make you feel comfortable during a time that is stressful and emotional. Everyone there is so sweet and understanding. Compassion is key for them!
We paid around $18,000 for everything except medication
Describe Laura Smith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Smith was great. She wad positive, reassuring, and always narrated each procedure clearly. She was calm and confident, and listened to all of our concerns and questions. She showed compassion for our previous pregnancy losses, and was hopeful for our future...She was very attentive to our situation. She remembered details, and assured us that we were making informed decisions.
They [Virginia Fertility & IVF] treat each patient as an individual and that means a lot when timing delicate procedures. They are quick to communicate, and keep detailed records of all tests and procedures. We were very satisfied with everything...Don't be nervous about the fertility process, Dr. Smith is on your team and will do her best to treat you.
We had to increase estrogen, during the second transfer. Now working on our third transfer, she is taking the same approach as the last one resulted in a singleton birth.
They treat each patient as an individual and that means a lot when timing delicate procedures. They are quick to communicate, and keep detailed records of all tests and procedures. We were very satisfied with everything.
Charlottesville

Treatment is ongoing [with Dr. Christopher Williams], but we've started with clomid with ultrasound monitoring and HCG trigger...He is warm but clear. He remembers personal details about me that make me feel like he sees his patients as people not just a chart...thorough and compassionate. I always feel comfortable with him and that he knows what he's doing! Appointments are to the point and fairly quick, but I never felt rushed. He takes time to answer questions and make sure we understood what was going on.
[Nurses at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia are] Very quick and efficient. Always followed up...I was able to get an appointment quickly. They did the hsg in house. Getting blood taken or ultrasounds is always very quick. Clean, nice offices. Easy location in pantops with parking. Only thing I don't like is the music in the waiting room...Treatment is ongoing, but we've started with clomid with ultrasound monitoring and HCG trigger.
Dr Williams is clear, thorough and compassionate. I always feel comfortable with him and that he knows what he's doing! Appointments are to the point and fairly quick, but I never felt rushed. He takes time to answer questions and make sure we understood what was going on.
Come with questions
Very quick and efficient. Always followed up.
Hsg was around $700 before insurance. Iui is $445 plus medication, etc.
Charlottesville
He was very open to answering questions and discussing procedure and medications in detail. He was realistic about the possible outcome of procedure. We were able to get appointments in a reasonable amount of time. He was very thorough while remaining compassionate. We look forward to continuing to work with Dr. Bateman.... [Protocols] Clomid cycle day 5-9 and IUI... Clinic has three doctors so if you want timely appointments you may not see the same doctor each visit.
Clinic [Reprod Med & Surg Ctr of VA] has three doctors so if you want timely appointments you may not see the same doctor each visit. We have seen all three and all have been excellent. The clinic is very clean and comfortable but small enough that you don’t feel like you are just a number... The nurses were very kind and compassionate... $865 IUI procedure plus tests and visits leading up to visit $400 HSG test $319 lab work
Come prepared with your questions
He was very attentive and available to answer questions
Clomid cycle day 5-9 and IUI
The nurses were very kind and compassionate
Clinic has three doctors so if you want timely appointments you may not see the same doctor each visit. We have seen all three and all have been excellent. The clinic is very clean and comfortable but small enough that you don’t feel like you are just a number
Charlottesville
He is very kind a caring. He fully explains everything you need to know about the procedure and likelihood of conceiving. The only negative is it he is very popular and is often very busy and hard to schedule appointments with. Dr. Williams is one of the best doctors I've worked with and I greatly trust his opinion...I started with 50 mg of Clomid then hundred milligrams then 150 mg. Next we are the trigger shot. And up my Clomid to 200 mg.
Our clinic [Repro Med Surgery Ctr of VA] is good they work well at scheduling appointments and following up with patients. They work hard to make sure that their staff available to help at all times of the day and all days of the week... Monica is the best nurse ever. She is kind caring and compassionate... Call ahead Early to schedule an appointment.... Dr. Williams is one of the best doctors I've worked with and I greatly trust his opinion
Call ahead Early to schedule an appointment.
He is a kind, caring man. He always listens and is very supportive
Monica is the best nurse ever. She is kind caring and compassionate
Our clinic is good they work well at scheduling appointments and following up with patients. They work hard to make sure that their staff available to help at all times of the day and all days of the week
Charlottesville
He [Dr. Bateman] really cares for his patients even if he is very blunt to the point.... He has many years of experience. He can be very facts first which can be offputting at times but he is also sentimental and daring. He has been there to whip away my tears and hold my hand. Even though we have had no success yet we are very hopeful!... Started right away with clomid 50mg, then 100mg, then 150 mg, then 200 mg with trigger shot
They [Repro Med Surgery Ctr] are very educated in what they do but often you don't get a choice in doctors. This makes you feel like a number at times. They have always cared for mine and my husbands concerns and supported us in the journey.... Once a nurse did not schedule our appointment like she should but it was only one slip up... The costs have been very reasonable.... Monica has s the sweetest nurse on the planet. They all take time to call back for follow up questions after hours.
He is like a friendly grandpa rooting for you. He has many years of experience. He can be very facts first which can be offputting at times but he is also sentimental and daring. He has been there to whip away my tears and hold my hand. Even though we have had no success yet we are very hopeful!
Be prepared to get a lot of information that you may not understand
He really cares for his patients even if he is very blunt to the point.
They are very educated in what they do but often you don't get a choice in doctors. This makes you feel like a number at times. They have always cared for mine and my husbands concerns and supported us in the journey.
The costs have been very reasonable.

2015, Unsuccessful
No questions were asked that I didn't offer and no suggestions were made besides everything I could look up on Google. He just went through bloodwork, HSG, drugs, sperm sample. Nothing felt specific to me. He would come in and say he read the chart and knows all about everything each visit. I had to call back every month to ask the nurse what the next step was.
They [the nursing staff] responded to messages appropriately, answered the questions, and showed compassion with setbacks.
Do your own research and bring lots of questions because extra information will not be offered to you.
I felt like he just went through a checklist on his way to IVF and learned nothing about me personally (besides bloodwork).
They responded to messages appropriately, answered the questions, and showed compassion with setbacks.
Did not provide the information needed at the lab to complete bloodwork. Would not resend. Not sure if the error was on the side of the clinic or the lab, but the clinic left me to resolve it with the lab.

2013, Successful
Sensitive, kind, soothing, humorous if the situation called for it.
Be honest with how you're feeling and don't hesitate for a moment to ask a question if you think it's important.
Dr. Williams and the entire team at RMSCVA knew me by name and face and treated me like I was the only patient that mattered. I was never rushed through appointments and never made to feel like my thoughts, opinions or ideas were stupid. When there were issues or questions regarding my treatment plan, Dr. Williams called me personally and spend 30 minutes on the phone discussing my options calmly and patiently. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience.
If I cried, they cried with me. If I laughed, they laughed with me. When it was time to be discharged to my regular OB they hugged me like they were saying goodbye to a family member.
2015, Unsuccessful
Investor
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr Bateman is very dry. He doesn't elaborate on much. I did trust his experience. They take a very conservative approach so I wouldn't recommend to anyone who is higher risk...Make sure to ask what their protocol is and why they only use the same one for different cycles.
The nurses [at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] were all very compassionate, even while I went there as a satellite patient. They really take time to help [you] understand the medications and how the injections work.
The Dr's and Nurses are some of the kindest I have come across.
The nurses were all very compassionate, even while I went there as a satellite patient. They really take time to help u understand the medications and how the injections work.

2013 - 2015, Successful
[Dr. Christopher Williams] was a wonderful doctor, and took his time, and very professional, and a "normal" person, and made us feel like we were important, and not like a number! He was very helpful, in answering any question or concerns that we may have had. I had blocked tubes, and he performed surgery, and was unable to unblock them. When he told me he was very professional about it, and compassioned and caring and explained it to my husband and I in a way that we could understand, and told us about other options that we had. I went back for my follow up, and again he was very professional, and kind, and explained to us about IVF, and how it worked, and it was A LOT to take it, but he explained it to us very well, and was very informative about the IVF, and used words that we understood. Two unsuccessful fresh cycle, and one frozen transfer later we now have a beautiful 3-year-old daughter Maddie Grace! My husband and I cannot say enough of good things about Dr. William! He truly is a wonderful “normal” person, and treated us like a person and not a number! Blessed and Thankful for him and the team that he has!
Stephanie [nurse at RMSC of Virginia] was AMAZING she was ALWAYS VERY helpful, for when i did not understand at what i exactly needed to do, or the 10 thousand emails i would send her about random thing, and always from prompt about getting back with me. She was truly a very compassionate and caring person who i felt like really did care. such a caring soul!...has it together, and are all very knowledgeable group. I think sometimes they have a communication problem between them, but that is normal. That they should not give up and this group will do anything and everything to try and help you and your family.
r. Christopher Williams was a wonderful doctor, and took his time, and very professional, and a "normal" person, and made us feel like we were important, and not like a number! He was very helpful, in answering any question or concerns that we may have had. I had blocked tubes, and he performed surgery, and was unable to unblock them. When he told me he was very professional about it, and compassioned and caring and explained it to my husband and I in a way that we could understand, and told us about other options that we had. I went back for my follow up, and again he was very professional, and kind, and explained to us about IVF, and how it worked, and it was A LOT to take it, but he explained it to us very well, and was very informative about the IVF, and used words that we understood. Two unsuccessful fresh cycle, and one frozen transfer later we now have a beautiful 3-year-old daughter Maddie Grace! My husband and I cannot say enough of good things about Dr. William! He truly is a wonderful “normal” person, and treated us like a person and not a number! Blessed and Thankful for him and the team that he has!
Try not to get peoples hopes up, it hard enough not being about to have child, and then you are giving hope, and does not happen right away. That was one of the hardest things was for it not to work the first time. Fabulous group of people!
it has been so long ago i do not recall all. they did 2 fresh cycles and a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA). (Assigned nurse: Stephaine Barrix)
Stephanie was AMAZING she was ALWAYS VERY helpful, for when i did not understand at what i exactly needed to do, or the 10 thousand emails i would send her about random thing, and always from prompt about getting back with me. She was truly a very compassionate and caring person who i felt like really did care. such a caring soul! Thankful for everything that she did for us.
they clinic has it together, and are all very knowledgeable group. I think sometimes they have a communication problem between them, but that is normal. That they should not give up and this group will do anything and everything to try and help you and your family.
i would say that we had easily put at least $20,000 in to.
if i recall he recommended 2 at a time with both fresh cycles then with the frozen we only wanted to do one!
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Christopher Williams] listens to any concerns you have and returns phone calls promptly on the weekends...As a patient he has been wonderful. He takes time to explain and questions you have. He is very understanding and compassionate when we faced a chemical pregnancy. If there were any issues on the weekend he was able to be reached...Make sure to ask plenty of questions-he will take the time to answer them...We only had one to transfer each time.
The strengths [at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] are definitely the doctors. They are all amazing. The procedure staff and nurses were all so sweet and caring. They take very good care of you. The weakness would be communication. When you call during ivf you could never get the ivf nurses on the phone. You would have to leave a message and it took hours for a call back...We qualified for a shared cost program with icsi for 23900 for 6 cycles and unlimited frozen. Every time anesthesia there was additional charges.
Make sure to ask plenty of questions-he will take the time to answer them.
Dr. Williams is very compassionate and understanding. He listens to any concerns you have and returns phone calls promptly on the weekends.
We used gonal f 450 every night with a trigger shot of hcg.
The nursing staff for the procedure rooms were absolutely amazing. Unfortunately the ivf nurses that you deal with on the phone were hard to reach at times. If you had questions for the doctor they would answer instead of asking him his opinion.
The strengths are definitely the doctors. They are all amazing. The procedure staff and nurses were all so sweet and caring. They take very good care of you. The weakness would be communication. When you call during ivf you could never get the ivf nurses on the phone. You would have to leave a message and it took hours for a call back.
We only had one to transfer each time.
Charlottesville
He never really took the time to explain what was really going on so I felt like I never got the care I deserved. ... When I miscarried he was no help. He didn't tell me that I needed to have blood drawn every week until my levels came down and he had no sympathy. He also never diagnosed me or felt the need to help me understand why I was going through everything I was going through
the clinic [Repro Med & Surg Ctr of VA] stopped accepting anthem which was the reason we couldn't continue treatments. The nurses were always amazing and so knowledgeable. The front desk personnel are very polite and sweet and know their clients on a first name basis. The clinic is overall welcoming. ... I had to call for certain test results because nobody informed me of them. I had to always ask the questions about treatment plans because they were never discussed in person
ask all the questions and do your own research
7.5 mg of Femara days 3-12, followed by a trigger shot around days 16/17, timed intercourse
they were extremely helpful and easy to talk to about what was going on
the clinic stopped accepting anthem which was the reason we couldn't continue treatments. The nurses were always amazing and so knowledgeable. The front desk personnel are very polite and sweet and know their clients on a first name basis. The clinic is overall welcoming.
i just remember them stopping taking anthem

2021 - 2022, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Very friendly made me feel at ease and comfortable . Listened to questions and concerns about the options available. to me. Accommodating of my time and allowed me to do lab work near my home. Always made me feel like a person...[Dr. Laura Smith] took the time to listen to me. Read my records before I showed up.
This [Virginia Fertility & IVF] clinic overall was great . I have not had any issues with this clinic . Everyone here is professional and polite. They seem to care about your care . The new office is very nice with a great atmosphere...The nurses were friendly . They will return your phone calls if you call the nurse line it may not be right away though so you have to be patient .
Very friendly made me feel at ease and comfortable . Listened to questions and concerns about the options available to me. Accommodating of my time and allowed me to do lab work near my home. Always made me feel like a person.
Go in with a open mind and all your questions and concerns she will answer your questions and ease your fears
The doctor took the time to listen to me. Read my records before I showed up.
I have not done my transfer at this time but preparing to do so soon.
This clinic overall was great . I have not had any issues with this clinic . Everyone here is professional and polite. They seem to care about your care . The new office is very nice with a great atmosphere.
the cost was less than my 1st clinic
Charlottesville
They [the nurses at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] were great...It's Strength is they start the procedure and they are on track. It's weakness if patient does not have the money on hand for procedure-- hospital doesn't not have any B plan...First time [Dr. Bruce Bateman] did the procedure the second time a student did the process...seems a good man, but we did not get a good result from procedure. Also we did not find him very helpful in terms of planing the next procedure or guidelines. We, I and my husband felt clueless about what is going to be the next. I would rate him the 10 if he had some insight about the next step...Ask him questions?...I don't have a good memory of the procedure because I didn't get any result
Bruce Nate seems a good man, but we did not get a good result from procedure. Also we did not find him very helpful in terms of planing the next procedure or guidelines. We, I and my husband felt clueless about what is going to be the next. I would rate him the 10 if he had some insight about the next step.
Ask him questions?
First time Bateman did the procedure the second time a student did the process
I don't have a good memory of the procedure because I didn't get any result
They were great
It's Strength is they start the procedure and they are on track. It's weakness if patient does not have the money on hand for procedure-- hospital doesn't not have any B plan. This is sad because most of the people doesn't have that much money in their hsnd
As expensive that I stopped going to see him because I couldn't afford it😢
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Bruce Bateman] explains procedures in a thorough manner and is also personable. He gave me a clear insight from the beginning about my condition and responds in a timely manner. Dr. Bateman has been an RE for many years and has a wealth of knowledge...He is thorough and to the point. He was very uproot and hopeful about my situation and diagnosis from the first time we met.
[Staff at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] Need to provide more of an explanation on how to administer medication in office visits. Staff is thorough, kind and compassionate. Doctors are incredibly knowledgeable and responsive. You often don’t see the same doctor...[nursing staff is] Thorough, timely and responsive...He [Dr. Bruce Bateman] explains procedures in a thorough manner and is also personable. He gave me a clear insight from the beginning about my condition and responds in a timely manner. Dr. Bateman has been an RE for many years and has a wealth of knowledge...He is thorough and to the point. He was very upr
He explains procedures in a thorough manner and is also personable. He gave me a clear insight from the beginning about my condition and responds in a timely manner. Dr. Bateman has been an RE for many years and has a wealth of knowledge.
Be patient.
Thorough, timely and responsive
Ultrasounds, medication and IUI
Charlottesville

I think Dr. Smith is a lovely person, but the clinic [RMSC] has a lot of patients. I sometimes felt like she went through everything so quickly and thoroughly answered questions, but she didn't really provide much processing time. I would often find that I would walk out of the office with a ton of questions that had I been given a minute or two to think during the appointment, I would've asked then.
The clinic [RMSC] is very popular, so be sure to schedule appointments early! A lot of folks are coming through, so I sadly had the experience of one of the nurses excitedly believing that I was in the office because I was confirming a pregnancy when in fact I was confirming that I was experiencing a chemical pregnancy. It was an honest mistake, but it did sting and turn me off of the clinic for a little while.
I think Dr. Smith is a lovely person, but the clinic has a lot of patients. I sometimes felt like she went through everything so quickly and thoroughly answered questions, but she didn't really provide much processing time. I would often find that I would walk out of the office with a ton of questions that had I been given a minute or two to think during the appointment, I would've asked then.
Do your research beforehand and come in prepared with questions. Also, don't be afraid to ask her to slow down in explaining everything and give you time to process.
During the diagnostic phase, Dr. Smith was good at (quickly) explaining everything and answering all of my questions.
For my first cycle, I took Letrozole (supposed to be better for women with PCOS) for five days, I then received a trigger shot during my mid-cycle ultrasound, and came in for the IUI procedure the next day. I had a chemical pregnancy after the first round of treatment. For my second cycle, I took Letrozole for five days, had a mid-cycle ultrasound in the office, but it was a bit early so my husband administered my trigger shot a couple of nights later and we tried timed intercourse the following evening. This cycle did not result in a pregnancy.
The clinic is very popular, so be sure to schedule appointments early! A lot of folks are coming through, so I sadly had the experience of one of the nurses excitedly believing that I was in the office because I was confirming a pregnancy when in fact I was confirming that I was experiencing a chemical pregnancy. It was an honest mistake, but it did sting and turn me off of the clinic for a little while.
Charlottesville

The only part of the office [Repro Med & Surg Ctr of VA] that I occasionally do not like, is the cabinet of onsies in one of the rooms. ... The nurse are always comforting and know just what to say. Fertility issues, testing and treatment can be so overwhelming. I know I am an emotional wreck everytime i come into the office. Its the little things they do to take your mind off of everything that matters. They are super quick to call back when i have questions or concerns too.
Dr. Williams has always gone out of the way to describe what is going on. He comes up with a treatment plan and has been able to answere all of my questions even before We can ask them. He is also very understanding about my emotions.
Don't be afraid to ask question if you are confused. Dr. Williams encourages questions!
The receptionist are friendly and remeber you. The staff take the time to explain anything you have a question on.
Dr. Williams diagnosed my hydrosalpinx in the first visit. We scheduled a HSG test where we discoved that one tube was fully blocked and the other tube only had a pin prick of an opening. We scheduled A laparoscopic surgery where unfortunately my left tube had to be removed, my right to was reconstructed, although the fimbriae were damaged amf only at about 50% . Scar tissue was also removed from my ovaries, bowels and liver. After I was finished healing, I requested another HSG test to make sure that my right tube stayed open. They were happy to do this and got me in right away. Our first medicated cycle was with a 5mg dose of letrozole. I had one mature egg this cycle, and we did timed intercourse. My second medicated cycle had to be delayed because I grew some rather large ovarian cysts, which I am prone to. So we skipped a month. The following month we did 7.5mg letrozole a long with a trigger shot. This cycle I also only had 1 mature egg. The 3rd cycle we did 7.5mg of letrozole, a trigger shot and gonal-f injection. We had 2 mature eggs this cycle. Unfortunately none of these resulted in a pregnancy. Our plan is to go to a more aggressive treatment. I trust Dr. Williams and I truely believe that if anyone can help us extend our family, it is him and his associates at his office.
We normally come in for our appointments right around lunch, so the office always smells amazing. They are super eager to help us find a new lunch spot, which helps take my mind off of everything else. We live about an hour and half away from our office so we dont know any local restaurants. The nurse are always comforting and know just what to say. Fertility issues, testing and treatment can be so overwhelming. I know I am an emotional wreck everytime i come into the office. Its the little things they do to take your mind off of everything that matters. They are super quick to call back when i have questions or concerns too.
When you walk into the office waiting room its super inviting. Couches chairs and magazines. The first visit will be a consultation,which was much more thorough than my last doctor. There are pamphlets lining the wall near the check out of pretty much anything you need. DR. Williams has even published a book 'The fastest way to get pregnant naturally' which of course I bought. While it didn't help me due to my other issues, it was nice to read. It helped to to see his point of views before i actually saw him as my doctor. The only part of the office that I occasionally do not like, is the cabinet of onsies in one of the rooms. They are adorable and heartbreaking at the same time. Sometimes i see them as the finish line and sometimes, when I'm at a low point they taunt me...thats the negativity that comes out in me sometime, and i hope most people are able to stay positive durring their TTC journey.
No matter where you go, fertility treatment will be expensive. My ultrasound appointments were 1/2 the cost of my previous office. They also are 100% upfront about the cost. They have always broke it down step by step for me and made sure we were comfortable with the cost of the treatment before we started it.
2020, Unknown Success
The clinic should have phone access to a scheduler, front office or clinical staff at all times during business hours. Several times during the course of my care there, I attempted to call and the office was closed for lunch, not accepting calls. An example, my first consultation appointment was schedule with Dr. Smith but the location was miscommunicated and my husband and I showed up at the Lynchburg location. Our appointment was scheduled for 1pm. We arrived in Lynchburg at 12:30, but attempted to call to try and see where we needed to be since no one was there. I couldn’t reach someone until 15 minutes after the start time of our appointment in which they notified us we were supposed to be in Charlottesville. The staff apologized, but it made our appointment be pushed out another month.
Dr. Laura Smith was very compassionate and explained all options to us, including potential diagnoses and the need for additional testing to make appropriate diagnoses. She went into great, but relevant detail as to what expectations we should have during each phase from our initial consultation, testing, further plan of care. Several times she had to contact us via the portal with results and explanations and even those points of contact were superb from her! Things have been a little limited for appointments due to COVID-19, so Dr. Smith has gone above and beyond to keep us informed regarding our care. I’m sincerely grateful to have been placed with Dr. Smith for our care in TTC our first child.
Be open to testing and open to her suggestions in order to find appropriate diagnoses. She’s truly knowledgeable and wonderful!
The care my husband and I received during our initial consultation with Dr. Smith, and during the testing & work up after to determine why we were having difficulty conceiving was so compassionate and endearing. We couldn’t have asked for better care!
My husband and I are still early on in the diagnosis phase of our infertility. However, we had our initial consultation with Dr. Smith. At the same time, she did extensive hormone panel testing and a transvaginal ultrasound. In the interim, we heard from those results which prompted additional testing by way of MRI of my pituitary to rule out a mass causing my LH & FSH hormones to be on the lower side of normal. Dr. Smith quickly connected with us a short few days following the MRI, and appropriately ruled out another potential diagnosis. However, with the result being normal, it still warranted additional testing. The orders were placed efficiently by Dr. Smith and I was able to have these drawn at the hospital in my hometown for convenience. Within a week we had heard from these results which demonstrated a high TSH level. Dr. Smith prescribed me Synthroid to start in effort to decrease the TSH level which would also act to decrease the high risks associated with infertility and/or miscarriage as a result of the elevated TSH in blood level. Once I’ve been on the medication for 1 month and the level is evidenced it’s decreased below 2.5, a treatment regimen for infertility will begin.
The nursing staff are not easily accessible via phone and not at all by portal. When the nursing staff gets in touch, they are professional and courteous.