Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
Los Angeles
11500 W. Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California) to a friend?

9.8
2 doctors
[Dr. Thomas Kim] is just a great person - always taking time to answer my questions or check in on me even if I was just there for bloodwork. I felt so cared about as a human...truly took the time to get to know us as people. He is candid without being callous and hopeful without overpromising. He was always available to answer questions and explain where we were headed. One example that comes to mind is that after every ultrasound, he would offer me his hand and help me into a sitting position so we could have a conversation. Something about that made me feel like a human and not just a number or a patient. He is so respectful. Just a gentle, kind man.
I cannot say enough good things about the team at RMA. Every single one of them was kind, compassionate, and knew who I was when I walked in...Retrieval Cycle - $13,600 (includes all visits, ultrasounds, bloodwork, the retrieval itself) $450 for anesthesia (outside party) PGS testing recommended...appreciate how research focused they are. It makes you confident in the approaches they are taking. So thankful for my experience here.
How was your experience with Thomas Kim at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California)?
Doctor Kim truly took the time to get to know us as people. He is candid without being callous and hopeful without overpromising. He was always available to answer questions and explain where we were headed. One example that comes to mind is that after every ultrasound, he would offer me his hand and help me into a sitting position so we could have a conversation. Something about that made me feel like a human and not just a number or a patient. He is so respectful. Just a gentle, kind man.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Kim at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California)?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Doctor Kim is efficient and sometimes can explain things quickly. If you need clarification, don’t be afraid to ask for it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Kim at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California)?
From the moment I called RMA SoCal, I felt peace. Everyone I interacted with was kind, compassionate, and respectful. Doctor Kim is just a great person - always taking time to answer my questions or check in on me even if I was just there for bloodwork. I felt so cared about as a human.
Describe the protocols Thomas Kim used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California) and their degree of success.
Doctor Kim put me on an antagonist protocol. Despite my low ovarian reserve, he felt good about my antral follicle count. I was on Gonal F (400iu) and low dose hCG (20iu). For the last 4 days we added in cetrotide. Trigger shot and retrieval 36 hours later. 9 eggs were retrieved - which was better than what was expected. Unfortunately, only 4 were mature. All 4 fertilized. 1 made it to day 5/6.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California). (Assigned nurse: Shelli Carter)
I cannot say enough good things about the team at RMA. Every single one of them was kind, compassionate, and knew who I was when I walked in. Azalea and Brittany were always there with a smile and a kind word. Our nurse, Shelli, is wonderful. She was always prompt in replying to emails and making sure I had the information that I needed. She helped out when I wanted to order my meds overseas and answered my many questions. Every person I came into contact with in that office created a comforting environment. Is it strange to almost look forward to your appointment because you enjoy the people you’ll see when you get there? That’s RMA.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California).
I would recommend RMA to friends and strangers alike. That’s why I’m here! My first clinic made me feel like a number. RMA is the complete opposite. You are a cared about human here. They are great communicators, we always had an easy time getting appointments when we needed them, they worked around our schedule. I also appreciate how research focused they are. It makes you confident in the approaches they are taking. So thankful for my experience here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Kim at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California).
Retrieval Cycle - $13,600 (includes all visits, ultrasounds, bloodwork, the retrieval itself) $450 for anesthesia (outside party) PGS testing recommended - $250/embryo I have not made it to transfer, but I know that’s about $4,500 They also do your check ups until 7 weeks which I believe run somewhere around $150/visit.
Describe Thomas Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California).
Doctor Kim is pretty firmly behind a SET. They are very confident in the embryos they grow at RMA and feel single embryo is the safest choice.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California)?
Thomas Kim
Los Angeles
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Kim at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Southern California (RMA of Southern California).