Genetic counseling: Offered
Silicon Valley
1900 University Ave.
E. Palo Alto, CA 94303
415-603-6999
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California to a friend?

9.7

9.9
2 doctors
IVF, Donor Eggs
The nursing staff at RMA is excellent across the board. We felt extremely well supported the entire time...They cared for us like nobody else. They were always available, in constant contact, and very attentive to our situation and needs. Their care is extremely customized to the patient’s situation and you feel like you are their top priority all the time. They quickly became part of our extended family, which is very important given how sensitive fertility problems can be.
European, Latino
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
Of all the clinics we visited and worked with in the Bay Area (a total of 4), RMA was absolutely the best. They cared for us like nobody else. They were always available, in constant contact, and very attentive to our situation and needs. Their care is extremely customized to the patient’s situation and you feel like you are their top priority all the time. They quickly became part of our extended family, which is very important given how sensitive fertility problems can be.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Dr. Kort and his staff were always extremely empathetic and treated us with great warm and care. He was always available to discuss our situation and took us step by step through this complicated process. We had a direct line with him and he made us feel like we were his only patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana Svilpa)
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Our experience as Dr. Kort’s patients couldn’t have been better. We met with multiple doctors in our journey to get pregnant and he was by far the most dedicated, compassionate, and competent. Our case was complicated and involved many processes, situations, and procedures: egg donation, genetic incompatibility, polyp removal, lining under-development, pre-receptiveness. He was very patient, showed extreme care, and found the right solutions to our many problems along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
He is the best and will take great care of you.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kort used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California and their degree of success.
Here are some treatment strategies and protocols he used: - Complete genetic screening of egg donor and father - Estrogen patches and extra medication for mother's lining development - Surgery to remove polyp - ERA test to detect lining receptiveness - Multiple screenings
Describe Jonathan Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
Dr. Kort explained well the tradeoffs of transferring one versus two embryos and suggested the former, as it would be safer for the baby and the mother.
San Francisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.

One weakness is that some of them are not well versed about their pricing. My husband and I went in to meet with their [RMA Of Nor Cal] financial navigator and they were not well versed about the egg donor process. ... They are knowledgeable yet make you feel like family. Their strength is that they are caring, and go through lengths to make a connection and establish sound care.
The staff is a small staff but they are mighty, I know that sounds cliche. They have this Savvyness about them that you know they will do everything in their power to meet your needs. They are knowledgeable yet make you feel like family. Their strength is that they are caring, and go through lengths to make a connection and establish sound care. One weakness is that some of them are not well versed about their pricing. My husband and I went in to meet with their financial navigator and they were not well versed about the egg donor process.
Dr. Kort and his entire staff made me feel safe, validated and heard. Dr. Kort spent a generous amount of time during my initial consultation and Sonogram. He went into details about my condition, was kind and very thorough. His team of Nurses, phlebotomist s and administrative assistants never minimized me or treated me like a number.
Excellent and real time communication - those words best describe the staff. The staff is somewhat small - but are definitely patient centered in their care. Every time I have called, they are cautious as to how I am feeling and to what I need. If I am calling in cheerful and excited, their energy meets me there. If I am calling and sound concerned, they meet me with concern and don't minimize my concern. They are knowledgeable and, if the staff doesn't know they are transparent and give me the confidence that they can get an answer for me. They always let me know at what steps they are and set real time patient expectations
Dr. Kort knew my Cancer condition well before I came in for our initial consultation. He was very thorough and detail oriented. He went over best case scenarios and was gentle with worst case scenarios - he proceeded with much caution. Exceptional bedside manner. Dr. Kort is amazing at communication even when I am not in the office - he uses Spruce to communicate results and updates.
Go ready to fall in love with his practice. Be ready for an in depth conversation about your condition.
Since I will be using an egg donor there were several different protocols. One for me and One for my Egg Donor. I am to undergo several rounds of medication mock cycles - Since I am on HRT - via estrogen patch - this will look somewhat different for me. We are finishing up the legal agreement with our family attorney - once that is finished - we will begin medicated cycles for my Egg donor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
My care under Doctor Jonathan Kort was several thousand dollars cheaper in comparison to my previous IVF Fertility facility. about $7,000- $10,000 Cheaper.
I am on board and believe that Dr. Kort and his entire staff has our best interest in mind when stating that they only will assist and undergo Elective Single Embryo Transfer. Given my medical history, and to give us a best chance at a healthy, full term pregnancy.
San Francisco

Dr. Morin and his team [at RMA of N. California] have both offices in SF and PA, making it easy to always get an appointment. The Palo Alto office is right off the freeway as well!... Their offices are new, clean, comfortable and convenient. From the very beginning, Dr. Morin, Dr. Kort, Luciana, and their amazing team understand your goals and who YOU are making the entire process so wonderful. Before meeting Dr. Morin I was confused, didn't know what to do, and felt stuck. From the first handshake I knew I was in the right place. I was being guided and taken care of, something that had been missing for so long.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Dr. Morin and his team treated me like I was a person and not a number in their system. From the moment I stepped into their office I felt like there was now a team rooting me on and focusing all their efforts on getting me to my goal. Any little question I had was answered and remembered. I have never felt more like a human at a doctors office in my life. Can't stress this one enough!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana)
Luciana and the entire nursing staff at RMA was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Every time I stepped into the office I was greeted with smiles, hugs, and conversation that was real. They were always available and were there cheering me on through every step. They never missed a beat and always left me feeling so positive and excited for what was to come. I could go on and on...
How was your experience with Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
I couldn't wait to write this review for Dr. Morin. From the moment my husband and I met him we felt like we were 100% in the right place. He is warm, kind, compassionate, realistic, extremely knowledgable, and relaxed. You can feel how much he cares about his patients, so much so, that I always felt like I was his only patient. :) Before meeting Dr. Morin we interviewed four other doctors in the area and none even came close. After every doctors appointment the first words that came out of my mouth were how happy I was to be on Dr. Morin's team. This process was truly made so much better because of the wonderful team that was behind me. Dr. Morin is a rockstar!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Dr. Morin and his team have both offices in SF and PA, making it easy to always get an appointment. The Palo Alto office is right off the freeway as well!
Describe the protocols Scott Morin used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California and their degree of success.
I was taught how to do all shots at home (much easier than anticipated), would come into the office almost every day for monitoring before the egg retrieval to make sure everything was going exactly to plan. We got a great number of eggs that made beautiful embryos and it worked on the first try!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
I don't remember off hand, but was inline with the other four clinics we interviewed.
Describe Scott Morin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
Dr. Morin's approach was spot on, we wanted a healthy pregnancy and his knowledge of how to achieve that worked well for my husband and I.
Silicon Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.

IUI, Donor Sperm
The clinic [RMA of NoCal] is located in downtown SF right by a BART station, which is great unless you drive there. ... Easy to schedule, easy to communicate, easy to get more information - basically everything I could ask for. ... Because I am doing IVF with PGD there are many extra costs compared to a typical IVF cycle. ... The entire [nurse] team at RMA norcal is easy to talk to and empathetic. Every time I go in I feel comfortable and at ease immediately.
IUI, Donor Sperm
The clinic is located in downtown SF right by a BART station, which is great unless you drive there. There is basically no parking, so don't try. Other than that I've seen nothing but strengths so far with this clinic. Easy to schedule, easy to communicate, easy to get more information - basically everything I could ask for.
Dr. Kort is superb and is so available for all of his patients. He really takes his time to make sure you understand all your options and why he recommends certain treatments over others. He has called me after hours numerous times to queel my anxieties.
The entire team at RMA norcal is easy to talk to and empathetic. Every time I go in I feel comfortable and at ease immediately.
Dr. Kort is calm, kind, and human. There is no sense of being treated like a number or "just another case" when it comes to working with him. He knows about your case individually and treats you as such.
See Dr. Kort! I trust him implicitly after working with him.
I originally started with doing unmedicated IUI (gay, no access to free sperm), but shortly after found out I have a rare and fatal genetic disease. This news was traumatic in and of itself, but Dr. Kort was right alongside me, clearly and kindly explaining my options for IVF with PGD and making sure I understood what the new plan would be.
Because I am doing IVF with PGD there are many extra costs compared to a typical IVF cycle. I have no insurance coverage, so a single cycle (PGD probe creation, egg retrieval, meds, ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo biopsy, PGS, PGD, more meds, and FET) will likely be around 20k-25k
Strong preference for single embryo transfer. Will transfer two if you very much want him to, but will never transfer more than two (in my case). I came in thinking I wanted two transferred and he gave me clear and logical information as to why a single transfer may be preferable. We will be going with a single transfer

17 Eggs Frozen
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. ... They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible. ... She [nurse] was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. ... The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process.
17 Eggs Frozen
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. They go above and beyond to make their patients feel safe and cared for. The doctors know that many people are going through a difficult situation and want to make this part of the process as easy as possible so that the fertility treatment doesn't add to the stress. The clinic had two locations, one in San Francisco and one in Palo Alto. This was extremely helpful for me, since I live in San Francisco and commute down to the South Bay, and I could go to either clinic on any given day. This made the whole process so easy for me. I don't have any negative things to say about the clinic.
Dr Kort was so willing to help me through every part of the process. He explained every part of the process, listened to all of my concerns, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly. We gave me his personal cell phone in case I needed to reach him and wasn't able to otherwise. He would call/text and check in on me throughout the process, and was willing to work around my schedule to make appointments. I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Kort.
The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process. I went in for quite a few appointments at the end to get blood work and ultrasounds and saw the same 4 or 5 nurses throughout that time. They were all extremely kind and calm and helped me to feel calm and reassured. Luciana was the nurse who I worked with primarily, and she trained me to give myself the injections and help explain/train me on any changes to my treatment throughout the process. She was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. She was quick to respond when I had questions and she made sure I completely understood all parts of the treatment. She also helped me on the day of the procedure by talking me through how the morning would go, helping me get settled and setting up my IV, and answering all my questions. She was warm and helpful and I felt like I was in good hands.
This was the best patient experience I have ever had. It was not hard to get a hold of Dr. Kort with questions, including when I was doing my injections late at night. He had no hesitation in setting up frequent phone conversations and answering questions, and wasn't billing me for this time. I was hoping to go through the process fairly quickly for insurance reasons and Dr. Kort made sure that he helped with that, as I called to set up a consultation and he was able to get me in that same week. He was respectful and kind in his approach, and would even remember things about me and ask me about them at our next appointment. I felt so reassured and cared for throughout the whole process and never felt like if any point I needed help, that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Dr. Kort or his partner, Dr. Morin.
I would highly recommend going to RMA to see Dr. Kort if you want to have a seamless process where the doctors treat you with kindness and respect. They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible.
The medications I used were Follistim and Menopur for about 11 days. My dosage of Follistim and Menopur increased throughout the treatment, because I had a lot of follicles that were just under the size that they needed to be and they wanted them to grow into the 15-22mm range. I used Ganirelix for the last 5 days or so, so that I wouldn't ovulate early, paired with the Follistim and Menopur. I used Novarel and Leuprolide as my trigger shots 36 hours before my procedure. Dr. Kort was able to retreive 20 eggs, and 17 were mature and could be frozen
San Francisco

The clinic [RMA of San Francisco is located at a very convenient location.... Since they are a relatively new clinic, it is easy to get appointments - which is something I struggle with, at other clinics. The team and Dr. Morin are extremely competent and you dont feel like you are a number. The attention you will receive here is excellent. I just cant say enough good things about them...I would say overall the service and the communication was way above average for the clinic.
The clinic is located at a very convenient location by the financial district so its easy to go during the work day. Since they are a relatively new clinic, it is easy to get appointments - which is something I struggle with, at other clinics. The team and Dr. Morin are extremely competent and you dont feel like you are a number. The attention you will receive here is excellent. I just cant say enough good things about them.
I cant say enough good things about Dr. Morin. He wowed us from our first meeting by intricately explaining the process and the next steps in regards to our situation. The response time by Dr. Morin was more than excellent. Of course, we are also quite happy with our end result so we feel like we were in great hands.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Dr. Morin was excellent. He knows his stuff well and explained to us in a way that made sense from the first consultation. As a comparison, we did go to another fertility dr to get a second opinion and while they were good, the way Dr. Morin had explained it to us was superior and had more detail. During the course of the treatment, it was easy to get appointments and not wait for weeks. We used the app called Spruce for communication and Dr. Morin was extremely responsive no matter what time I messaged him with a question, on it. That was including during the holidays when I messaged him around new years eve! Lastly, we got the result we wanted in the first attempt and we definitely are grateful to Dr. Morin and the team for that.
We went for the IUI treatment and it was successful in the first attempt and we got pregnant. We did not use any medication for this.
The cost was reasonable.
San Francisco

I absolutely loved the attentiveness and warmth of care at RMA. Having done our prior cycles at UCSF, it was an amazing shift going from what felt like one of thousands of patients in a machine to a clinic that was extremely focused on our experience. ... Luciana [nurse] is wonderful. She's kind, quickly responsive, compassionate and great at explaining the process. We were in great hands with Luciana.
I absolutely loved the attentiveness and warmth of care at RMA. Having done our prior cycles at UCSF, it was an amazing shift going from what felt like one of thousands of patients in a machine to a clinic that was extremely focused on our experience. It was amazing how much time we had with Dr. Kort, who was constantly in contact with us and available for questions. The whole staff was impressively accessible, informative, and compassionate.
Dr. Kort is extremely personable, friendly, helpful, an insightful. He's always available to answer questions and is quick to respond with thorough and clear explanations. He's thoughtful, empathetic and by far the most supportive doctor we've worked with throughout this process.
Luciana is wonderful. She's kind, quickly responsive, compassionate and great at explaining the process. We were in great hands with Luciana.
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Kort. He's been extremely informative in counseling us through the process, acting as an invaluable educator and sounding board for each decision along the way. He's friendly, warm, personable, and extremely knowledgeable about his practice. My wife and I trust him immensely and would recommend him and his practice highly.
Be open and honest, you're in great hands!

10 Eggs Frozen
The clinic [RMA - SF] is new but don't let that deceive you...Everyone was super friendly and responsive. They were always available. They remembered my name and the chats we had previously. I was able to schedule follow up appointments with ease....the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb. The nurse there was available to me outside of clinic hours which is rare for clinics.
10 Eggs Frozen
The clinic is new but don't let that deceive you. They're located in the middle of downtown SF which is super convenient for me. My office is a 10 minute walk away. If you're driving -- good luck with the city traffic. Luckily, I took the train in everyday for my appointments with not issues.
Dr. Scott Morin and the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb. The nurse there was available to me outside of clinic hours which is rare for clinics.
Dr. Morin spoke to me like a human being. He explained medical terms in simple terms for me to understand. He was at all appointments every single time. While ultrasounds can be uncomfortable, he made the process much smoother by sparking up conversations.
Dr. Morin works out of another RMA location in Palo Alto for monitoring making it easy for others outside SF.
When I started injections to the trigger shots, ultrasounds were performed almost every day to see how my body is reacting to the meds. Likely, I responded well and doses were lowered each day.
I only had $350 for an initial consult and the $7999 for Egg Freezing cycle.
no comment as that did not apply to me.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Scheduling is very easy [at RMA of Northern California]. Front desk is very responsive and helpful. Parking is easy. Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email. No weaknesses come to mind! Everyone has been very kind, and I look forward to working with them more...Nurses were very kind and engaging. I loved visiting with them. Blood draws were quick, painless, and timely.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Scheduling is very easy. Front desk is very responsive and helpful. Parking is easy. Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email. No weaknesses come to mind! Everyone has been very kind, and I look forward to working with them more.
Dr. Kort sat down with me for almost an hour and reviewed my treatment plan and answered all the questions in the world. It was amazing. He was thoughtful, incredibly smart, and kind.
I've recommended him already to my other three friends doing IVF right now. It was so easy to schedule, he made himself available for personal contact and questions after the consult, and I can't wait to work with him more. (And seriously, who can say that about IVF?)
You're so lucky! Relax and he'll take care of the rest!

12 Eggs Frozen
I was the saddest, wimpiest patient ever, super sensitive to pain and needles, and yet Luciana (and everyone on staff) was completely understanding and patient.... Strengths — beautiful, new facility [RMA of Northern California]; lots of availability; affordable annual freezing price Weaknesses — would love a portal to access all billing and schedules, but perhaps no fertility clinic has this... $7200 (discount with carrot) for retrieval and treatment $3500 medication $600 other consultation fees
12 Eggs Frozen
Strengths — beautiful, new facility; lots of availability; affordable annual freezing price Weaknesses — would love a portal to access all billing and schedules, but perhaps no fertility clinic has this
Dr Morin explained the science of fertility very clearly in the consultation and was often there to answer questions over our messaging app. He was patient with my questions, and thorough with information.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
efficient, but doctors and nurses always had time for me