Genetic counseling: Offered
Silicon Valley
1900 University Ave.
E. Palo Alto, CA 94303
415-603-6999
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California to a friend?

2 doctors
17 Eggs Frozen
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. ... They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible. ... She [nurse] was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. ... The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process.
17 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. They go above and beyond to make their patients feel safe and cared for. The doctors know that many people are going through a difficult situation and want to make this part of the process as easy as possible so that the fertility treatment doesn't add to the stress. The clinic had two locations, one in San Francisco and one in Palo Alto. This was extremely helpful for me, since I live in San Francisco and commute down to the South Bay, and I could go to either clinic on any given day. This made the whole process so easy for me. I don't have any negative things to say about the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Dr Kort was so willing to help me through every part of the process. He explained every part of the process, listened to all of my concerns, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly. We gave me his personal cell phone in case I needed to reach him and wasn't able to otherwise. He would call/text and check in on me throughout the process, and was willing to work around my schedule to make appointments. I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Kort.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana Svilpa)
The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process. I went in for quite a few appointments at the end to get blood work and ultrasounds and saw the same 4 or 5 nurses throughout that time. They were all extremely kind and calm and helped me to feel calm and reassured. Luciana was the nurse who I worked with primarily, and she trained me to give myself the injections and help explain/train me on any changes to my treatment throughout the process. She was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. She was quick to respond when I had questions and she made sure I completely understood all parts of the treatment. She also helped me on the day of the procedure by talking me through how the morning would go, helping me get settled and setting up my IV, and answering all my questions. She was warm and helpful and I felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
This was the best patient experience I have ever had. It was not hard to get a hold of Dr. Kort with questions, including when I was doing my injections late at night. He had no hesitation in setting up frequent phone conversations and answering questions, and wasn't billing me for this time. I was hoping to go through the process fairly quickly for insurance reasons and Dr. Kort made sure that he helped with that, as I called to set up a consultation and he was able to get me in that same week. He was respectful and kind in his approach, and would even remember things about me and ask me about them at our next appointment. I felt so reassured and cared for throughout the whole process and never felt like if any point I needed help, that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Dr. Kort or his partner, Dr. Morin.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
I would highly recommend going to RMA to see Dr. Kort if you want to have a seamless process where the doctors treat you with kindness and respect. They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kort used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California and their degree of success.
The medications I used were Follistim and Menopur for about 11 days. My dosage of Follistim and Menopur increased throughout the treatment, because I had a lot of follicles that were just under the size that they needed to be and they wanted them to grow into the 15-22mm range. I used Ganirelix for the last 5 days or so, so that I wouldn't ovulate early, paired with the Follistim and Menopur. I used Novarel and Leuprolide as my trigger shots 36 hours before my procedure. Dr. Kort was able to retreive 20 eggs, and 17 were mature and could be frozen
Jonathan Kort
San Francisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.

The clinic [RMA of San Francisco is located at a very convenient location.... Since they are a relatively new clinic, it is easy to get appointments - which is something I struggle with, at other clinics. The team and Dr. Morin are extremely competent and you dont feel like you are a number. The attention you will receive here is excellent. I just cant say enough good things about them...I would say overall the service and the communication was way above average for the clinic.
The clinic is located at a very convenient location by the financial district so its easy to go during the work day. Since they are a relatively new clinic, it is easy to get appointments - which is something I struggle with, at other clinics. The team and Dr. Morin are extremely competent and you dont feel like you are a number. The attention you will receive here is excellent. I just cant say enough good things about them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
I cant say enough good things about Dr. Morin. He wowed us from our first meeting by intricately explaining the process and the next steps in regards to our situation. The response time by Dr. Morin was more than excellent. Of course, we are also quite happy with our end result so we feel like we were in great hands.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
How was your experience with Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Dr. Morin was excellent. He knows his stuff well and explained to us in a way that made sense from the first consultation. As a comparison, we did go to another fertility dr to get a second opinion and while they were good, the way Dr. Morin had explained it to us was superior and had more detail. During the course of the treatment, it was easy to get appointments and not wait for weeks. We used the app called Spruce for communication and Dr. Morin was extremely responsive no matter what time I messaged him with a question, on it. That was including during the holidays when I messaged him around new years eve! Lastly, we got the result we wanted in the first attempt and we definitely are grateful to Dr. Morin and the team for that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Describe the protocols Scott Morin used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California and their degree of success.
We went for the IUI treatment and it was successful in the first attempt and we got pregnant. We did not use any medication for this.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
The cost was reasonable.
Scott Morin
San Francisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Scott Morin at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.

10 Eggs Frozen
The clinic [RMA - SF] is new but don't let that deceive you...Everyone was super friendly and responsive. They were always available. They remembered my name and the chats we had previously. I was able to schedule follow up appointments with ease....the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb. The nurse there was available to me outside of clinic hours which is rare for clinics.
10 Eggs Frozen
The clinic is new but don't let that deceive you. They're located in the middle of downtown SF which is super convenient for me. My office is a 10 minute walk away. If you're driving -- good luck with the city traffic. Luckily, I took the train in everyday for my appointments with not issues.
Dr. Scott Morin and the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb. The nurse there was available to me outside of clinic hours which is rare for clinics.
Dr. Morin spoke to me like a human being. He explained medical terms in simple terms for me to understand. He was at all appointments every single time. While ultrasounds can be uncomfortable, he made the process much smoother by sparking up conversations.
Dr. Morin works out of another RMA location in Palo Alto for monitoring making it easy for others outside SF.
When I started injections to the trigger shots, ultrasounds were performed almost every day to see how my body is reacting to the meds. Likely, I responded well and doses were lowered each day.
I only had $350 for an initial consult and the $7999 for Egg Freezing cycle.
Describe Scott Morin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
no comment as that did not apply to me.
Scott Morin