9.8

1900 University Ave.
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
415-603-6999

Treated 2020
Dr. Morin saw me at nearly all appointments and always took the extra time/care to answer all my questions and help assuage any concerns I had. He was empathetic & compassionate while also being data driven. I really appreciated this approach...He is very clear and crisp with his communication while being empathetic. He is SUPER responsive--I honestly don't know how he gets back to everyone so quickly on the spruce app. I know this is a wild example, but one time I didn't have a med for the trigger shot and he met me on a Saturday to give me a dose they had at the clinic so I could have a good outcome (I believe this trigger shot led to our insanely positive outcome of 17 embryos--10 of which were PGS normal). D
The nursing staff [at RMA of Northern California] was always very communicative over the spruce app and got back to me quickly. They were very supportive when trying to navigate insurance and finding the lowest cost meds...$15K for the egg retrieval + IVF monitoring etc and then ~$4K for the transfer cycle. Overall, the prices were comparable with the other two clinics I was looking into but went with RMA because the doctors seemed better.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr.Morin is by far the best doctor I've ever had--I'm honestly sad to be leaving RMA next week to graduate to an OB. He is very clear and crisp with his communication while being empathetic. He is SUPER responsive--I honestly don't know how he gets back to everyone so quickly on the spruce app. I know this is a wild example, but one time I didn't have a med for the trigger shot and he met me on a Saturday to give me a dose they had at the clinic so I could have a good outcome (I believe this trigger shot led to our insanely positive outcome of 17 embryos--10 of which were PGS normal). Dr. Morin performed by egg retrieval and transfer--he's a master at what he does and we're lucky to have him in the Bay Area. You'll be lucky if you get to work with him! Could not recommend more highly!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Come with your questions--he's very communicative and will go through all your questions/concerns at your visit. I was a very proactive patient and had a lot of questions but I think he gave the appropriate level of information for any patient that doesn't want to get into the science behind every med/decision being taken.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the protocols Scott Morin used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
We did an antagonist protocol because I was an OHSS risk. We triggered with a Lupron + Ovidrel trigger. We ended up retrieving 37 eggs, 27 were mature, 21 fertilized, 17 embryos and 10 were PGS normal. We did two transfers--we first tried an unmedicated cycle which was unsuccessful. We then tried a medicated cycle and I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing staff was always very communicative over the spruce app and got back to me quickly. They were very supportive when trying to navigate insurance and finding the lowest cost meds.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths - Incredible experience. I was always in and out in no time and 95% of the time would see one of the 3 doctors (probably 80% of the time saw Dr.Morin and the rest of the time saw Dr.Kaser if Dr.Morin was out or in the OR). The doctors & embryology lab are best in class--the clinic is new and as such they have the most cutting edge technology. The clinic is open 365 days a year--I went in for an appt on Thanksgiving and I was grateful they were open. All 3 of the doctors are fab--you'll be in good hands with any of them! I honestly can't think of any weaknesses--the RMA team has turned what started out to be a scary, lonely journey in infertility into an incredibly positive and humanizing experience. The level of attention I got at every appointment was top notch and I never felt like an after thought or passed around.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California.
I unfortunately didn't have insurance coverage and it cost ~$15K for the egg retrieval + IVF monitoring etc and then ~$4K for the transfer cycle. Overall, the prices were comparable with the other two clinics I was looking into but went with RMA because the doctors seemed better.
Describe Scott Morin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
Strong preference for single embryo transfer (candidly, I wanted to do two but he talked me out of it for the high risk issues)
Embryo Freezing
I came to Dr. Morin with a lot of physical & emotional baggage from past failed IVF attempts at other clinics - he knew my full history and wasn't intimated at all by my persistent questions, tears, and need for reassurance....He'll explain that "this has really good research behind it and I feel confident it will help" OR "hey, this idea doesn't have the best studies behind it, but there's a chance it may help" - which was really empowering to me to make informed decisions and didn't offer me false hope.
RMA of NorCal has a fresh, clean, new, feel to it. They have tea and coffee in the waiting room - which is nice when you're waiting for monitoring. The front desk staff is friendly & making follow up appointments is easy.... Vicki was very compassionate and hopped on the phone with me when I was feeling nervous about not having my partner with me during a retrieval (in the height of COVID).
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
I came to Dr. Morin with a lot of physical & emotional baggage from past failed IVF attempts at other clinics - he knew my full history and wasn't intimated at all by my persistent questions, tears, and need for reassurance. He stayed highly involved in my care throughout the course of treatment and I spoke with him more than any of the nurses or other clinic staff (a big difference from past clinics for me). One thing I really appreciate about Dr. Morin is his ability and willingness to explain the clinical decisions he's making or recommending. He'll explain that "this has really good research behind it and I feel confident it will help" OR "hey, this idea doesn't have the best studies behind it, but there's a chance it may help" - which was really empowering to me to make informed decisions and didn't offer me false hope. He's very upfront with chances of success and potential risks, but approaches the hard conversations with so much compassion it makes the tough pills easier to swallow. When I wasn't having the response I was hoping for in an IVF retrieval cycle, he spent significant time with me going over the pros and cons of moving forward with a retrieval vs converting to an IUI. I was super emotional about the decision, but he brought so much clarity to the situation and helped me make a choice I felt comfortable with. I've gone through multiple egg retrievals with other doctors and, by far, my favorite retrieval was with Dr. Morin. In the past, I've had a nurse walk me into the OR and get me set up and the Doc just whizzes in at the last minute when I'm already getting sleepy - not with Dr. Morin, he was completely engaged from pre-op to falling asleep and was one of the first people I remember when waking up. He walked me from pre-op to the OR, talked me through getting positioned, what I would be feeling as they start to gave me medicine - and had a great music selection going (Hamilton!). 10/10- would highly recommend an egg retrieval with Dr. Morin. During my second retrieval, Dr. Morin was at their other office and my retrieval was performed by Dr. Kaser - who was also stellar in every way. I saw Dr. Morin at the majority of my monitoring appointments, but when I didn't the other docs were just as superb. Dr. Kort performed several of my monitoring ultrasounds and he always brought a very calming energy with him, which I appreciated. Overall, Dr. Morin is a phenomenal physician. He is extremely well-qualified, an excellent communicator, and understands the importance of his work. I have not undergone an embryo transfer at this point with Dr. Morin, but know that even if I do not have success with a transfer, I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends & family.
Ask lots of questions - he's willing to answer. Take a close look at your medication protocol before ordering meds and ask about which meds you'll need on which days and if there is a chance you won't need any of them. I saved a lot of money by not ordering all of my meds up front - turned out I stimmed faster that anticipated and didn't end up needing all of them.
I truly felt like I was Dr. Morin's only patient. He was engaged in my care and took my extensive fertility history into account when planning next steps. Dr. Morin was incredibly responsive throughout my treatment, particularly through the messaging app the doctors & nurses use to communicate with patients. I always, always got a response the same day, but it was unusual to wait longer than 10 minutes for a response. Dr. Morin always greets me by name and uses my name throughout conversation & in written correspondence, which is a really nice touch and is grounding to me as an anxious patient.
We used an antagonist protocol for my retrievals. The first retrieval we tried adding in a clomid for a few days at the start, which ended up not being as obviously helpful as we hoped and we skipped it on the second try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Vicki )
Opposite of my past experiences at other clinics, I didn't have much interaction with the nursing staff compared to the amount I had with Dr. Morin. However, nurses were always available on the messaging app and often were the ones who sent instructions for the next day. One challenge is that you don't always know who is working that day or who is on the message app - so sometimes I would send a message and get a response back from a nurse I didn't know. As a positive, Vicki was very compassionate and hopped on the phone with me when I was feeling nervous about not having my partner with me during a retrieval (in the height of COVID). She was warm, compassionate, and reassuring. She was also involved in my pre-op/post-op for my retrieval & I appreciated having a familiar face with me during that time.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA of NorCal has a fresh, clean, new, feel to it. They have tea and coffee in the waiting room - which is nice when you're waiting for monitoring. The front desk staff is friendly & making follow up appointments is easy. The front desk & billing do not use the messaging app and I communicated with them over email mostly. They were able to get insurance approval quickly most of the time, but at times I waited several days for a response & had to follow up. One thing to know about the clinic is that parking can be a bit rough - there's a garage across the street that's a bit difficult to navigate (teeny-tiny spaces) and you check-in with security on entering the building. The elevators to get to the clinic are fancy - security will tell you which one to get in and will send you to the correct floor.
Strong preference for single embryo transfer, with a solid rationale for his opinion.
Treated 2020
it was never even discussed [with Dr. Daniel Kaser] to transfer more than 1 embryo. I had the choice to choose the gender, or choose "best quality" and we chose the latter...was personable and warm, starting from our very first consultation. Being able to text him at any time with the Spruce app was so nice. He more often than not responded back to me within an hour - always with warmth and friendliness...was a great doctor to guide us through the ups and downs of IVF, and during COVID no less. He explained everything thoroughly and was extremely patient in every conversation, whether it was in the Spruce app, on the phone/video chat, or in person. He's also extremely positive and supportive. He recognized that I was nerding out on all the science and took extra time to ta
The nursing staff [at RMA of Northern California] was warm, competent, organized, and efficient. They were are very supportive...The app they use to communicate with you is stellar. Everything about RMA is an operations miracle. The staff is helpful and warm too, always greeting you with a smile. From the very first phone call, I knew we were in good hands. I called to set up appointments with UCSF Fertility and RMA on the same day. RMA could take us for an in-person consult within the week, and UCSF would have been 8 weeks. I am so thankful we went with RMA.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser was a great doctor to guide us through the ups and downs of IVF, and during COVID no less. He explained everything thoroughly and was extremely patient in every conversation, whether it was in the Spruce app, on the phone/video chat, or in person. He's also extremely positive and supportive. He recognized that I was nerding out on all the science and took extra time to talk through details during ultrasounds. He's everything you'd want in a doctor. I wish he could be my OB! We had our first consult in early February, and at the end of July I'm 8 weeks pregnant. And this is considering a 4-week delay when SIP first started and RMA paused new treatment cycles. Also, I elected to immediately go through a 2nd egg retrieval cycle before results from Cycle 1 had been PGS tested, to be on the safe side that I'd have enough embryos frozen for transfer now and in the future. Fairly quick turn of events all in all! Very happy with RMA and Dr. Kaser.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
I would do your homework before going in for your first consultation. He can talk fairly quickly so it's helpful if you already know the IVF lingo and acronyms. Also, since RMA does give you any written documents, take notes in your talks with him and take photos if he whiteboards the "math" of egg retrieval.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser was personable and warm, starting from our very first consultation. Being able to text him at any time with the Spruce app was so nice. He more often than not responded back to me within an hour - always with warmth and friendliness.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: Gonal and Menopur for 8 days, Cetrotide for 5, Lupron, Novarel Cycle 2: Gonal and Menopur for 9 days, Cetrotide for 4, Clomid pill for 5 days, Lupron, Novarel Cycle 1 left me with 11 eggs, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 frozen, 3 normal (2 4BB, 1 4CC) -- all 6 day blastocysts Cycle 2 left me with 19 eggs, 15 mature, 15 fertilized, 9 frozen, 4 normal (2 4AA, 4AB, 5CB) -- all 6 day blastocysts
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing staff was warm, competent, organized, and efficient. They were are very supportive.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic was top-notch in every way. The doctors are world-class. Nurses are awesome. Office was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The app they use to communicate with you is stellar. Everything about RMA is an operations miracle. The staff is helpful and warm too, always greeting you with a smile. From the very first phone call, I knew we were in good hands. I called to set up appointments with UCSF Fertility and RMA on the same day. RMA could take us for an in-person consult within the week, and UCSF would have been 8 weeks. I am so thankful we went with RMA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California.
Egg retrieval - about $16000 for each Fertility meds for egg retrieval #1: $12000 Fertility meds for egg retrieval #2: $6000 (because some meds left over from #1) Frozen transfer: $4600 Luckily I have Progyny as a benefit through work, so almost all of it was paid for between them and regular insurance. Insurance paid for some things, like some of the bloodwork, genetic screening, Endometrin, etc. Progyny pays for the rest. I think I paid one or two small co-pays too. With Progyny I was eligible for 8 "smart cycle segments" or the equivalent of 2 rounds of IVF, plus $15000 toward fertility meds. I ended up using 7 smart cycle segments. The smart cycles only refer to the medical procedures (i.e. egg retrieval, frozen transfer). I did have to pay out of pocket for some of the meds. But...thankfully with Carrot, my husband's fertility benefit, we can expense up to $10000 per year, and this includes out of pocket expenses. So we are VERY VERY lucky that we didn't have to pay for any of it.
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
it was never even discussed to transfer more than 1 embryo. I had the choice to choose the gender, or choose "best quality" and we chose the latter.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
There was one instance where a new prescription didn't get called in along with the others. I had missed that Dr. Kaser didn't call this prescription in, so it was my mistake as well. Luckily, it was a prescription I could get at Walgreens so I picked it up late night. All went fine in the end.
Daniel Kaser
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Kort had a great balance of being friendly and warm while also remaining professional and reassuring. He was incredibly easy to communicate with, and was able to provide the exact level of detail we needed, tailoring his plan to our schedule and lifestyle. We were dealing with an extremely tight timeline due to COVID-19 threatening to shit down cycles, and I felt like he was able to ensure a safe environment while maintaining a sense of urgency and care. My expectations were managed well, and I feel like we got the best care possible.
RMA is incredibly convenient if you live or work in both Silicon Valley or San Francisco. There is ample parking, the office is new, clean and very high end. It almost felt like going to the spa! The one drawback is they can get pretty busy and sometimes the waiting room is packed during peak hours....The nursing staff became like family. They are incredibly welcoming and warm, and very organized. Usually I was in and out of appointments in less than 15 minutes.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Come with lots of questions and don't be afraid to ask them! If you're someone who wants every little detail spelled out, I say go for it. I'm the type of person that want's just enough information to make well informed decisions but can get overwhelmed with stats and figures so most of the time end up going with the flow. I find that Dr. Kort can read people well and tailor his approach to your comfort level.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort made sure to explain what was happening in a way that was easy to understand without being patronizing or dismissive.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kort used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
I was under a standard stim protocol including subcutaneous injections of Menopur, FSH, and Centrotide.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Northern California.
RMA was extremely busy when I was doing monitoring, but it always felt like the staff was well organized and I never waiting more than 5-10 minutes for an appointment. The monitoring window was perfect timing fo me to stop by before going into my office.
Success w/ Doc 6 Eggs Frozen
In terms of patient experience and bedside manner, Dr Kaser was great - I would highly recommend him on those points. This might not have been his fault but it was extremely disappointing for me to retrieve only half of my follicles. In my scan, I had around 20 but only half of them were mature - I'm not sure if medication would have changed the numbers. But now I've only frozen 6...I was given the protocol that's given to 85% of patients my age - follistim and Menopur at night, and 3 days into the treatment, ganirelix in the morning. I had 3 days of birth control, then 2-3 days off (b/c the pharmacy didn't deliver my fertility drugs on time). I injected Lupron as my trigger shot. I had 8 days of injections and retrieved on 10th day. In the scans, I can see about 19 follicles - but in the end, only 9 were mature. I know 2-3 were too big and the rest were too small. I wish I had retrieved about 12.
Strengths [at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California]- always available via app. I really liked that. My insurance was a pain to deal with and they were really kind throughout. They put me on a holding pattern which allowed me to go into my cycle as soon as insurance was cleared...Weakness - not sure if this is the fault of the clinic but it's very expensive. There is no discount for multiple cycles. They charged for scans and bloodwork separately which should be included as part of the treatment plan.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
In terms of patient experience and bedside manner, Dr Kaser was great - I would highly recommend him on those points. This might not have been his fault but it was extremely disappointing for me to retrieve only half of my follicles. In my scan, I had around 20 but only half of them were mature - I'm not sure if medication would have changed the numbers. But now I've only frozen 6 and if you do the math from that to a live birth, the odds aren't good.
I would ask about specific protocols and whether he would change (increase or decrease, or change altogether) meds mid-treatment. I wondered if that would have either matured more follicles or released more viable eggs for me.
Dr Kaser was caring and patient. He explained everything and answered all of my questions. He was responsive over the app whenever I had questions or concerns. For the daily scans, I saw other doctors too in the clinic, they were equally kind and caring during a stressful and sensitive time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nurses were great - they gave me a last-minute injection prep b/c I couldn't make the regular class (due to my cycle start time). They gave really detailed instructions on injections, dosage etc, including sharing videos. They were compassionate, kind and very professional - didn't mind all the questions I had. I would recommend them. All of them had good personalities - made you feel at ease, made me laugh.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths - always available via app. I really liked that. My insurance was a pain to deal with and they were really kind throughout. They put me on a holding pattern which allowed me to go into my cycle as soon as insurance was cleared. I had started during COVID lock-down so I was able to finish my cycle instead of waiting for the pandemic to pass. Weakness - not sure if this is the fault of the clinic but it's very expensive. There is no discount for multiple cycles. They charged for scans and bloodwork separately which should be included as part of the treatment plan.
It was efficient. I hardly waited but I was given a specific time during the monitoring window, so it was more like an appointment.
My employer provided partial coverage. For the service, it was around $4500 out of pocket and for medication, $1814.
Daniel Kaser
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Kort took time to understand our circumstances and explain next steps in a way that we understood. He helps and works with people so you don’t feel like a number...He has a unique ability and willingness to do real analysis which was so important to us. He remembered and referenced my history and made me feel safe and supported. Dr. Kort's attention to detail is next level. He's an incredibly gifted doctor - smart, patient, thoughtful and responsive...We had an egg retrieval, 2 saline sonohysterograms, hysteroscopy and a frozen embryo transfer. Dr. Kort used the least invasive techniques possible and the results were better, everything was more effective. The procedures and protocols were night and day compared to my previous clinic. He reviewed my medical records in detail and referenced them frequently which was important to us.
We had an egg retrieval, 2 saline sonohysterograms, hysteroscopy and a frozen embryo transfer [at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California]...The nursing staff is smart, kind, efficient and able to answer my questions. They are timely and organized...Monitoring appointments are easy and efficient. The hours are between 7am-9am so folks can get to/from work with minimal distraction. They make it seamless so patients are in and out. Results and next steps are communicated back to patients quickly and clearly.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I can’t say enough positive things about our experience with Dr. Kort. He has a unique ability and willingness to do real analysis which was so important to us. He remembered and referenced my history and made me feel safe and supported. Dr. Kort's attention to detail is next level. He's an incredibly gifted doctor - smart, patient, thoughtful and responsive.
You're in really good hands and can trust RMA's process. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Dr. Kort and the entire team are helpful and responsive.
When my husband and I relocated to the Bay Area I was anxious about finding a new fertility clinic and restarting our journey in a new city. During this time, Dr. Kort took time to understand our circumstances and explain next steps in a way that we understood. He helps and works with people so you don’t feel like a number.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing staff is smart, kind, efficient and able to answer my questions. They are timely and organized. I loved working with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The experience with Dr. Kort and the entire RMA staff made what is a daunting, challenging and stressful time in someone's life so much easier. A few highlights: 1. Their thoroughness and attention to detail is next level 2. They have 24/7 communication channels available to patients and they’re extremely responsive and thoughtful. 3. The pharmacy service they use makes everything easier. 4. Everyone works together: there are two other doctors at the clinic, both Dr. Morin and Dr. Kaser are as wonderful and detail oriented as Dr. Kort. 5. The facilities are well kept and made me feel calm.
San Francisco
[Dr. Jonathan Kort] recommends single embryo transfer and outlines the reasons why...Kind, compassionate, dedicated, patient, smart, good listener and the list goes on. He took the time to get to know us during our first visit and anytime we met with him or had a call he never rushed us through the conversation and took the time to answer questions. When we didn't have success on our first our second round of IVF I could tell he felt just as disappointed as we were, but was so encouraging that he felt confident we would have success which kept our optimism high.
the entire staff of nurses and front desk [at RMA of Northern California] were amazing throughout the entire process. I always felt like we were the only patient they were treating and have never had such easy access to any doctor I have seen to ask questions through their Spruce app. I was amazed how quickly they would respond to questions or concerns. The staff is incredibly kind and took the time to get to know us during our treatment. I will actually miss seeing all of them!
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Kort is the gold standard for the type of doctor that every patient deserves to have for medical treatment. Kind, compassionate, dedicated, patient, smart, good listener and the list goes on. He took the time to get to know us during our first visit and anytime we met with him or had a call he never rushed us through the conversation and took the time to answer questions. When we didn't have success on our first our second round of IVF I could tell he felt just as disappointed as we were, but was so encouraging that he felt confident we would have success which kept our optimism high. As we headed into our third round he followed up with links to recent research on a new technique we were trying for our third round of IVF where we ended up with a transferable embryo. Everyone should be lucky enough to have a doctor(s) like Dr Kort (and Morin)!
Dr Kort is the best! You are in great hands with a doctor who is truly invested in your success and cares about you.
Dr. Kort (primary doctor), Dr. Morin and the entire staff of nurses and front desk were amazing throughout the entire process. I always felt like we were the only patient they were treating and have never had such easy access to any doctor I have seen to ask questions through their Spruce app. I was amazed how quickly they would respond to questions or concerns. The staff is incredibly kind and took the time to get to know us during our treatment. I will actually miss seeing all of them!
We tried a different protocol for each IVF round based on the results from the previous rounds. The first round we used Gonal, Menopur and Ganirelix and retrieved 11 eggs, 10 mature and 1 made it to blastocyst for genetic testing. The second round we switched to Lupron (morning and evening), Menopur, Gonal with Omnitrope (human growth hormone). We retrieved 15 eggs, 11 mature, 4 made it to blastocyst with all coming back with genetic abnormalities. Our third round we followed a similar protocol to the second round except reduced the dosage of Gonal and we tried a different technique with sperm where we used a second sample an hour after the first sample during the day of my retrieval. We ended up with 15 eggs retrieved, 10 mature and 2 made it to blastocyst. One came back genetically normal which we transferred.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana)
Like the doctors at RMA Northern California Luciana and the entire nursing staff is wonderful and kind. They care about your success and are always available for questions. Halle and Zoey make blood draws easy and painless and I have loved getting to know them. I felt like everyone knew my name and was truly invested in my success and was cheering me on!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA Northern California paid attention to every detail when setting up this clinic. From the best doctors, nurses and staff to a convenient location, great operating hours (7 AM-8:30 AM blood draws/ultrasounds-making it easy to get to work), modern equipment, comforting exam rooms, warm snuggly socks for your retrieval procedures, it doesn't feel like a typical doctors office.
I rarely had to wait more than 15 minutes for my bloodwork and ultrasound. They have an efficient system in place for monitoring appointments which meant I could always get to work in a timely manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California.
My insurance covered most of my costs after we met our out-of pocket max including medications. We paid for genetic testing ($1750) for all the embryos we retrieved.
Describe Jonathan Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
Dr Kort recommends single embryo transfer and outlines the reasons why.
Success w/ Doc 23 Eggs Frozen
I have PCOS. As such Dr.Kort made sure I was put on the Lupron trigger protocol to mitigate OHSS risk, and lower dosages of hormones. My estrogen did shoot up on day 3, so we lowered dosage accordingly...made sure to follow up with me personally if he sensed I was uncomfortable with something...was a very knowledgeable doctor. He was able to address all my more obscure questions including ovarian tissue freezing, and actually had experience performing such procedure during his time at Stanford. I definitely came out feeling confident in his breath of knowledge, and recency of knowledge, and I cannot say the same for all doctors. Both doctors at RMA also are fairly experienced with the actual retrival procedure, having done over 1000 egg retrievals over time. I felt very confident in Dr.Kort's ability as a doctor.
The nursing staff at RMA was great. Communication was very easy and real time thorugh the Spruce app. Blood draws were always painless and fast...[monitoring] was very convenient. There were monitoring hours but generally it's quite well batched and never too busy such that you have to wait a long time. You can sit comfortably in the waiting room...Strength - service, communication, organization, location, staff. Doctor knowledge and experience. There's not a whole lot of drawbacks. Appointments were easy to schedule and accomodated your own busy schedule. I was always able to pop in before work, and wait time was no more than 15 mins. Weakness - not much. Perhaps if anything, it is located in an liquifaction zone. But you can always move your eggs/embryos to be stored elsewhere.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr.Kort was a very knowledgeable doctor. He was able to address all my more obscure questions including ovarian tissue freezing, and actually had experience performing such procedure during his time at Stanford. I definitely came out feeling confident in his breath of knowledge, and recency of knowledge, and I cannot say the same for all doctors. Both doctors at RMA also are fairly experienced with the actual retrival procedure, having done over 1000 egg retrievals over time. I felt very confident in Dr.Kort's ability as a doctor.
Overall, a great doctor in all aspects - knowledge, communication, and experience.
Dr.Kort made sure to follow up with me personally if he sensed I was uncomfortable with something.
I have PCOS. As such Dr.Kort made sure I was put on the Lupron trigger protocol to mitigate OHSS risk, and lower dosages of hormones. My estrogen did shoot up on day 3, so we lowered dosage accordingly. My complete protocol: day 1 to 3: 1 vial menopur, 225 Gonal F day 4 to 8, 1 vial menopur, 200 Gonal F day 6 to 8, 1 vial menopur, 200 Gonal F, 1 cetrotide Day 9 and 10, 40 Lupron trigger
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
It was very convenient. There were monitoring hours but generally it's quite well batched and never too busy such that you have to wait a long time. You can sit comfortably in the waiting room.
covered under insurance. Unclear what the amount is.
San Francisco
Dr. Morin spent a great deal of time explaining everything, answering my questions and concerns and even researching and reading studies that may apply to my situation. He knew every detail about my case when we spoke and I felt like he was really invested in my success and wellbeing. ... Dr. Morin also closely looked at my past results and adjusted the time of trigger to be earlier - as soon as progesterone started to rise and that cycle resulted in normal embryos!
I really appreciated their [RMA of Northern California] use of the Spruce app for communication. Every question was answered very quickly and I used it to ask questions, schedule appointments and receiving results and instructions. Every staff member was always friendly and kind and I never felt rushed or like I was a bother. ... Luciana and Katherine were my coordinators. They provided all the info I needed for medication ordering, pre procedure prep and post procedure care and answered questions quickly.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Morin spent a great deal of time explaining everything, answering my questions and concerns and even researching and reading studies that may apply to my situation. He knew every detail about my case when we spoke and I felt like he was really invested in my success and wellbeing. He's extremely knowledgeable and well read on the latest studies and methods and equally as compassionate and kind.
Ask questions. Educate yourself about the process so you can work as a team to tackle your specific issues. I really felt that studying alot myself allowed me to have deeper discussions about studies, techniques, protocol etc... and get the most out of my time with Dr. Morin. He was very willing to hear me out, answer questions and debate different options with me.
Every person we encountered at RMA was excellent at their job but they are also all so warm and kind. I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered in a timely manner and I was always greeted with a smile by name.
I did three egg retrieval cycles. The first two were antagonist (Follistim, low dose HCG, Cetrotide) and we got a good number of eggs but 0 normal embryos after PGS testing. After much research and discussion we decided to try a third cycle and changed to Lupron Flare. (Lupron, Follistim, Menopur) and added hgh (omnitrope). Dr. Morin also closely looked at my past results and adjusted the time of trigger to be earlier - as soon as progesterone started to rise and that cycle resulted in normal embryos!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana & Katherine)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA is conveniently located in the financial district near the Embarcadero BART station. The office is new and beautiful. I really appreciated their use of the Spruce app for communication. Every question was answered very quickly and I used it to ask questions, schedule appointments and receiving results and instructions. Every staff member was always friendly and kind and I never felt rushed or like I was a bother.
It was very efficient. I never waited more than 30 minutes but most of the time it was very fast.
Costs were in line with other top clinics in the area.
Strong preference for single embryo transfer
San Francisco
We used an agonist protocol, utlizing menopur and Gonal F, followed by Cetrotide [with Dr. Jonathan Kort]. This resulted in an easy egg retrieval of 31 (!) eggs, 25 of which were mature, 21 fertilized and 9 made it to blast stage for freeze...deeply cared about my personal story, things I'd gone through before I met him and assured me that he'd take good care of me - and did!...He is able to take a joke (super important to me) and knew when to be serious as well. His only opportunity to improve is that during my HSG I felt he was almost TOO candid and then walked it back and 'wanted to double check' with his partner what I think he knew all along, that my remaining tube was blocked. Sometimes I wished that he would wait to be sure to communicate something with me but overall I appreciated his openness.
I appreciated that Dr. Kort and Dr. Morin at RMANorcal always start with eSET, which seemed like the right thing for me...The operating hours (blood draws and ultrasounds from 7:30-8:30a) and ease of getting to RMA Norcal were AMAZING. I could get in and out super easily well before any am meetings. Parking can be a bit tricky in the area but there are a few garages nearby. The clinic is brand spanking new and is state of the art. The rooms are outfitted with tv's and the whole place feels really high end.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort's strengths include his candid and caring nature. He is able to take a joke (super important to me) and knew when to be serious as well. His only opportunity to improve is that during my HSG I felt he was almost TOO candid and then walked it back and 'wanted to double check' with his partner what I think he knew all along, that my remaining tube was blocked. Sometimes I wished that he would wait to be sure to communicate something with me but overall I appreciated his openness.
Be ready to hear everything and anything in an honest and caring fashion. Expect quick responses and clarity of options.
Dr. Kort deeply cared about my personal story, things I'd gone through before I met him and assured me that he'd take good care of me - and did!
We used an agonist protocol, utlizing menopur and Gonal F, followed by Cetrotide. This resulted in an easy egg retrieval of 31 (!) eggs, 25 of which were mature, 21 fertilized and 9 made it to blast stage for freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana )
Luciana and the rest of the staff at RMA Norcal (Special shout out to Halle!!) are amazing. From being greeted at the front desk, to blood draws and Ultrasounds, I was always treated with the utmost respect and care. Everyone knew my name and seemed to be invested in my success. I love them.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Very little wait times with easy to get to early morning monitoring hours. I was typically in and out in less than 30 minutes.
Egg retrieval was about $12k, and FET was about $4k.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Jonathan Kort] was very patient, showed extreme care, and found the right solutions to our many problems along the way...Here are some treatment strategies and protocols he used: - Complete genetic screening of egg donor and father - Estrogen patches and extra medication for mother's lining development - Surgery to remove polyp - ERA test to detect lining receptiveness - Multiple screenings...
The nursing staff at RMA is excellent across the board. We felt extremely well supported the entire time...They cared for us like nobody else. They were always available, in constant contact, and very attentive to our situation and needs. Their care is extremely customized to the patient’s situation and you feel like you are their top priority all the time. They quickly became part of our extended family, which is very important given how sensitive fertility problems can be.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Our experience as Dr. Kort’s patients couldn’t have been better. We met with multiple doctors in our journey to get pregnant and he was by far the most dedicated, compassionate, and competent. Our case was complicated and involved many processes, situations, and procedures: egg donation, genetic incompatibility, polyp removal, lining under-development, pre-receptiveness. He was very patient, showed extreme care, and found the right solutions to our many problems along the way.
He is the best and will take great care of you.
Dr. Kort and his staff were always extremely empathetic and treated us with great warm and care. He was always available to discuss our situation and took us step by step through this complicated process. We had a direct line with him and he made us feel like we were his only patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana Svilpa)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Of all the clinics we visited and worked with in the Bay Area (a total of 4), RMA was absolutely the best. They cared for us like nobody else. They were always available, in constant contact, and very attentive to our situation and needs. Their care is extremely customized to the patient’s situation and you feel like you are their top priority all the time. They quickly became part of our extended family, which is very important given how sensitive fertility problems can be.
Dr. Kort explained well the tradeoffs of transferring one versus two embryos and suggested the former, as it would be safer for the baby and the mother.
San Francisco

Dr. Kort knew my Cancer condition well before I came in for our initial consultation. He was very thorough and detail oriented. He went over best case scenarios and was gentle with worst case scenarios - he proceeded with much caution. Exceptional bedside manner. Dr. Kort is amazing at communication even when I am not in the office - he uses Spruce to communicate results and updates.
One weakness is that some of them are not well versed about their pricing. My husband and I went in to meet with their [RMA Of Nor Cal] financial navigator and they were not well versed about the egg donor process. ... They are knowledgeable yet make you feel like family. Their strength is that they are caring, and go through lengths to make a connection and establish sound care.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Go ready to fall in love with his practice. Be ready for an in depth conversation about your condition.
Dr. Kort and his entire staff made me feel safe, validated and heard. Dr. Kort spent a generous amount of time during my initial consultation and Sonogram. He went into details about my condition, was kind and very thorough. His team of Nurses, phlebotomist s and administrative assistants never minimized me or treated me like a number.
Since I will be using an egg donor there were several different protocols. One for me and One for my Egg Donor. I am to undergo several rounds of medication mock cycles - Since I am on HRT - via estrogen patch - this will look somewhat different for me. We are finishing up the legal agreement with our family attorney - once that is finished - we will begin medicated cycles for my Egg donor
Excellent and real time communication - those words best describe the staff. The staff is somewhat small - but are definitely patient centered in their care. Every time I have called, they are cautious as to how I am feeling and to what I need. If I am calling in cheerful and excited, their energy meets me there. If I am calling and sound concerned, they meet me with concern and don't minimize my concern. They are knowledgeable and, if the staff doesn't know they are transparent and give me the confidence that they can get an answer for me. They always let me know at what steps they are and set real time patient expectations
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The staff is a small staff but they are mighty, I know that sounds cliche. They have this Savvyness about them that you know they will do everything in their power to meet your needs. They are knowledgeable yet make you feel like family. Their strength is that they are caring, and go through lengths to make a connection and establish sound care. One weakness is that some of them are not well versed about their pricing. My husband and I went in to meet with their financial navigator and they were not well versed about the egg donor process.
My care under Doctor Jonathan Kort was several thousand dollars cheaper in comparison to my previous IVF Fertility facility. about $7,000- $10,000 Cheaper.
I am on board and believe that Dr. Kort and his entire staff has our best interest in mind when stating that they only will assist and undergo Elective Single Embryo Transfer. Given my medical history, and to give us a best chance at a healthy, full term pregnancy.
San Francisco

Dr. Kort is superb and is so available for all of his patients. He really takes his time to make sure you understand all your options and why he recommends certain treatments over others. He has called me after hours numerous times to queel my anxieties. ... There is no sense of being treated like a number or "just another case" when it comes to working with him. He knows about your case individually and treats you as such.
The clinic [RMA of NoCal] is located in downtown SF right by a BART station, which is great unless you drive there. ... Easy to schedule, easy to communicate, easy to get more information - basically everything I could ask for. ... Because I am doing IVF with PGD there are many extra costs compared to a typical IVF cycle. ... The entire [nurse] team at RMA norcal is easy to talk to and empathetic. Every time I go in I feel comfortable and at ease immediately.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort is calm, kind, and human. There is no sense of being treated like a number or "just another case" when it comes to working with him. He knows about your case individually and treats you as such.
See Dr. Kort! I trust him implicitly after working with him.
I originally started with doing unmedicated IUI (gay, no access to free sperm), but shortly after found out I have a rare and fatal genetic disease. This news was traumatic in and of itself, but Dr. Kort was right alongside me, clearly and kindly explaining my options for IVF with PGD and making sure I understood what the new plan would be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California.
The entire team at RMA norcal is easy to talk to and empathetic. Every time I go in I feel comfortable and at ease immediately.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is located in downtown SF right by a BART station, which is great unless you drive there. There is basically no parking, so don't try. Other than that I've seen nothing but strengths so far with this clinic. Easy to schedule, easy to communicate, easy to get more information - basically everything I could ask for.
Because I am doing IVF with PGD there are many extra costs compared to a typical IVF cycle. I have no insurance coverage, so a single cycle (PGD probe creation, egg retrieval, meds, ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo biopsy, PGS, PGD, more meds, and FET) will likely be around 20k-25k
Strong preference for single embryo transfer. Will transfer two if you very much want him to, but will never transfer more than two (in my case). I came in thinking I wanted two transferred and he gave me clear and logical information as to why a single transfer may be preferable. We will be going with a single transfer
Success w/ Doc 17 Eggs Frozen
He had no hesitation in setting up frequent phone conversations and answering questions, and wasn't billing me for this time. ... I felt so reassured and cared for throughout the whole process and never felt like if any point I needed help, that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Dr. Kort or his partner, Dr. Morin. ... He explained every part of the process, listened to all of my concerns, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly.
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. ... They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible. ... She [nurse] was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. ... The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
This was the best patient experience I have ever had. It was not hard to get a hold of Dr. Kort with questions, including when I was doing my injections late at night. He had no hesitation in setting up frequent phone conversations and answering questions, and wasn't billing me for this time. I was hoping to go through the process fairly quickly for insurance reasons and Dr. Kort made sure that he helped with that, as I called to set up a consultation and he was able to get me in that same week. He was respectful and kind in his approach, and would even remember things about me and ask me about them at our next appointment. I felt so reassured and cared for throughout the whole process and never felt like if any point I needed help, that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Dr. Kort or his partner, Dr. Morin.
I would highly recommend going to RMA to see Dr. Kort if you want to have a seamless process where the doctors treat you with kindness and respect. They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible.
Dr Kort was so willing to help me through every part of the process. He explained every part of the process, listened to all of my concerns, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly. We gave me his personal cell phone in case I needed to reach him and wasn't able to otherwise. He would call/text and check in on me throughout the process, and was willing to work around my schedule to make appointments. I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Kort.
The medications I used were Follistim and Menopur for about 11 days. My dosage of Follistim and Menopur increased throughout the treatment, because I had a lot of follicles that were just under the size that they needed to be and they wanted them to grow into the 15-22mm range. I used Ganirelix for the last 5 days or so, so that I wouldn't ovulate early, paired with the Follistim and Menopur. I used Novarel and Leuprolide as my trigger shots 36 hours before my procedure. Dr. Kort was able to retreive 20 eggs, and 17 were mature and could be frozen
The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process. I went in for quite a few appointments at the end to get blood work and ultrasounds and saw the same 4 or 5 nurses throughout that time. They were all extremely kind and calm and helped me to feel calm and reassured. Luciana was the nurse who I worked with primarily, and she trained me to give myself the injections and help explain/train me on any changes to my treatment throughout the process. She was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. She was quick to respond when I had questions and she made sure I completely understood all parts of the treatment. She also helped me on the day of the procedure by talking me through how the morning would go, helping me get settled and setting up my IV, and answering all my questions. She was warm and helpful and I felt like I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. They go above and beyond to make their patients feel safe and cared for. The doctors know that many people are going through a difficult situation and want to make this part of the process as easy as possible so that the fertility treatment doesn't add to the stress. The clinic had two locations, one in San Francisco and one in Palo Alto. This was extremely helpful for me, since I live in San Francisco and commute down to the South Bay, and I could go to either clinic on any given day. This made the whole process so easy for me. I don't have any negative things to say about the clinic.
San Francisco
Dr. Kort and his approach can be described as: compassionate, intelligent, best practice, and patient-centered. He is invested in the outcome. He had an empathic stance when supporting my husband and me through the process...Dr. Kort explained with my unique medical situation it would be best to do eSET, and we agreed...After my first diagnostic procedure, before I was even a patient of RMA, Dr. Kort messaged me within a few hours to ask how I was recovering. It was surprising to be checked in on, and yet also seemed so normal- wouldn’t it be lovely to receive this level of follow up with all medical experiences.
While expensive, and emotionally and physically intense, getting treatment though RMA was actually one of the most positive medical experiences I’ve had, thanks to the level of care...All members of the nursing team were kind and competent. I’m not a morning person, so I appreciated their friendliness and efficiency with blood draws. It seemed as though the nursing team contributed a lot to the timelines of appointments...We were able to use our Carrot benefit. The doctors and nurses were aware of Carrot and how it worked, which was very helpful...consists of a team of compassionate providers who utilize best practices tailored to patients’ needs. It is a newer practice, so the facilities are clean, functional, and welcoming. It made me realize how run-down some of my other provider offices are. My hope for them is that they are able to maintain this level of individualized care as they grow. Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
It is worth it. I was SO disappointed when I realized it would be best for us to do IVF. I am happy to say I am pregnant and the disappointment over how we got here is a bygone. Using IVF to get pregnant also grants the priceless bonus of knowing you are transferring a chromosomally normal embryo (if you chose to add this testing). While expensive, and emotionally and physically intense, getting treatment though RMA was actually one of the most positive medical experiences I’ve had, thanks to the level of care.
I felt seen as a person by Dr. Kort and the team, and respected as a patient. My treatment plan was individualized according to both my medical situation and desired outcome. Reception and medical staff remembered my name and where I was in treatments. Not only was this impressive but it helped the stressful and cumbersome process of IVF feel more manageable. Communication over messaging was always prompt. After my first diagnostic procedure, before I was even a patient of RMA, Dr. Kort messaged me within a few hours to ask how I was recovering. It was surprising to be checked in on, and yet also seemed so normal- wouldn’t it be lovely to receive this level of follow up with all medical experiences.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA consists of a team of compassionate providers who utilize best practices tailored to patients’ needs. It is a newer practice, so the facilities are clean, functional, and welcoming. It made me realize how run-down some of my other provider offices are. My hope for them is that they are able to maintain this level of individualized care as they grow.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Kort is extremely personable, friendly, helpful, an insightful. He's always available to answer questions and is quick to respond with thorough and clear explanations. He's thoughtful, empathetic and by far the most supportive doctor we've worked with throughout this process. ... He's been extremely informative in counseling us through the process, acting as an invaluable educator and sounding board for each decision along the way. He's friendly, warm, personable, and extremely knowledgeable about his practice.
I absolutely loved the attentiveness and warmth of care at RMA. Having done our prior cycles at UCSF, it was an amazing shift going from what felt like one of thousands of patients in a machine to a clinic that was extremely focused on our experience. ... Luciana [nurse] is wonderful. She's kind, quickly responsive, compassionate and great at explaining the process. We were in great hands with Luciana.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Kort. He's been extremely informative in counseling us through the process, acting as an invaluable educator and sounding board for each decision along the way. He's friendly, warm, personable, and extremely knowledgeable about his practice. My wife and I trust him immensely and would recommend him and his practice highly.
Be open and honest, you're in great hands!
Luciana is wonderful. She's kind, quickly responsive, compassionate and great at explaining the process. We were in great hands with Luciana.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I absolutely loved the attentiveness and warmth of care at RMA. Having done our prior cycles at UCSF, it was an amazing shift going from what felt like one of thousands of patients in a machine to a clinic that was extremely focused on our experience. It was amazing how much time we had with Dr. Kort, who was constantly in contact with us and available for questions. The whole staff was impressively accessible, informative, and compassionate.
Success w/ Doc 10 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Morin spoke to me like a human being. He explained medical terms in simple terms for me to understand. He was at all appointments every single time. While ultrasounds can be uncomfortable, he made the process much smoother by sparking up conversations....Dr. Morin works out of another RMA location in Palo Alto for monitoring making it easy for others outside SF....Dr. Scott Morin and the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb
The clinic [RMA - SF] is new but don't let that deceive you...Everyone was super friendly and responsive. They were always available. They remembered my name and the chats we had previously. I was able to schedule follow up appointments with ease....the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb. The nurse there was available to me outside of clinic hours which is rare for clinics.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Scott Morin and the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb. The nurse there was available to me outside of clinic hours which is rare for clinics.
When I started injections to the trigger shots, ultrasounds were performed almost every day to see how my body is reacting to the meds. Likely, I responded well and doses were lowered each day.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is new but don't let that deceive you. They're located in the middle of downtown SF which is super convenient for me. My office is a 10 minute walk away. If you're driving -- good luck with the city traffic. Luckily, I took the train in everyday for my appointments with not issues.
I only had $350 for an initial consult and the $7999 for Egg Freezing cycle.
no comment as that did not apply to me.
San Francisco

As far as I can tell, Dr. Kort is using the latest strategies and protocols as recommended by SART. We did IVF with an egg donor. Dr. Kort reviewed our donor thoroughly and provided recommendations to increase outcome. We transferred a single embryo and had a fantastic result!...was always familiar with our case when we visited. He was very transparent, kind and encouraging with our treatment...is very knowledgeable about fertility. He was very thorough in reviewing our egg donor and made great suggestions leading up to the transfer. He has a great demeanor and we were always very excited to meet with him.
We did our appointments in the Palo Alto office [of Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California]. The office was very warm and clean. Bottled water and snacks are available as well. We were always greeted when we walked in and the doctor always saw us on time. They take blood samples on-site which was very convenient...[the nurse] Was very prompt in provided instructions and information. Very responsive to questions.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort is very knowledgeable about fertility. He was very thorough in reviewing our egg donor and made great suggestions leading up to the transfer. He has a great demeanor and we were always very excited to meet with him.
Ask questions! Dr. Kort is very helpful in answering all questions so make sure to ask.
Dr. Kort was always familiar with our case when we visited. He was very transparent, kind and encouraging with our treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
We did our appointments in the Palo Alto office. The office was very warm and clean. Bottled water and snacks are available as well. We were always greeted when we walked in and the doctor always saw us on time. They take blood samples on-site which was very convenient.
I believe the cost was $20,000 plus separate donor fees.
We did eSET based on age as recommended by Dr. Kort. We thought this was an excellent choice as well.
San Francisco
Dr. Kort sat down with me for almost an hour and reviewed my treatment plan and answered all the questions in the world. It was amazing. He was thoughtful, incredibly smart, and kind...It was so easy to schedule, he made himself available for personal contact and questions after the consult, and I can't wait to work with him more. (And seriously, who can say that about IVF?)...Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email.
Scheduling is very easy [at RMA of Northern California]. Front desk is very responsive and helpful. Parking is easy. Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email. No weaknesses come to mind! Everyone has been very kind, and I look forward to working with them more...Nurses were very kind and engaging. I loved visiting with them. Blood draws were quick, painless, and timely.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I've recommended him already to my other three friends doing IVF right now. It was so easy to schedule, he made himself available for personal contact and questions after the consult, and I can't wait to work with him more. (And seriously, who can say that about IVF?)
You're so lucky! Relax and he'll take care of the rest!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Scheduling is very easy. Front desk is very responsive and helpful. Parking is easy. Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email. No weaknesses come to mind! Everyone has been very kind, and I look forward to working with them more.
San Francisco
Dr. Kort is an amazing professional. We felt extremely well taken care off by him...empathetic, and extremely communicative. All the qualities you want in your fertility doctor...is accommodating and is invested in the success of each patient. I always felt like I was the most important person in his care, even though he has seen many many patients on a daily basis. I really appreciate the transparency and ability to have 24/7 access to him and his staff. No questions were left unanswered during the time we were in his care.
[RMA has an] Amazing location if you live in SF. Superb access to public transportation and very convenient ultrasound hours (6-8am). Staff is very accommodating and I almost never waited for more than 20m. The clinic is new with modern design and amenities...Amazing!!! Such an outstanding team - the best I’ve ever encountered in the medical field. Very empathetic and compassionate...Standard protocol with egg retrieval. I went on vacation 3-days after retrieval with almost no down-time. We did pre-transfer ultrasound that resulted in extra procedure that pushed back transfer day by a week. Standard pre-transfer treatment with subsequent regime after confirmed pregnancy.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort is accommodating and is invested in the success of each patient. I always felt like I was the most important person in his care, even though he has seen many many patients on a daily basis. I really appreciate the transparency and ability to have 24/7 access to him and his staff. No questions were left unanswered during the time we were in his care.
Trust the process and don’t hesitate to ask questions.
Dr. Kort is an amazing professional. We felt extremely well taken care off by him and clinic’s staff. He is carrying, empathetic, and extremely communicative. All the qualities you want in your fertility doctor.
Treated 2020
I have only consulted with [Dr. Morin], but during that time he made me feel "heard" and acknowledged the struggles I have been through so far, especially during this difficult time. He was able to give me his medical opinion, but made it clear that it is my body and my choice for the next steps. He seems that he wants to get to the root of the problem, not just push me in one direction...after meeting with several other doctors, I feel Dr. Marin shows compassion and talks to me like an equal. He considers my thoughts and opinions and takes them into consideration. I feel like he really cares and wants the best options for his patients.
So far the clinic [Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California] seems very organized and the nursing staff is friendly, helpful and kind...I am still very new to this clinic, but based on what I've experienced everyone is organized and caring. Given the circumstances during, everyone I've spoken with has made me feel safe and supportive...I have only consulted with [Dr. Morin] but during that time he made me feel "heard" and acknowledged the struggles I have been through so far, especially during this difficult time. He was able to give me his medical opinion, but made it clear that it is my body and my choice for the next steps. He seems
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
I am still new to the clinic, but after meeting with several other doctors, I feel Dr. Marin shows compassion and talks to me like an equal. He considers my thoughts and opinions and takes them into consideration. I feel like he really cares and wants the best options for his patients.
I would say always have questions and ask them! Dr. Marin will listen and address all your concerns.
I have only consulted with Dr. Marin, but during that time he made me feel "heard" and acknowledged the struggles I have been through so far, especially during this difficult time. He was able to give me his medical opinion, but made it clear that it is my body and my choice for the next steps. He seems that he wants to get to the root of the problem, not just push me in one direction.
Not available at this time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
So far the clinic seems very organized and the nursing staff is friendly, helpful and kind.
San Francisco
For the 2nd transfer Dr. Morin decided to do a natural transfer cycle to see if my body produces what it needs and that cycle was much more enjoyable for me and in the end was successful...is very caring about his patients and interacts with you like a friend. He is thoughtful, kind and patient speaking to all things human. Such an amazing doctor with a big heart for his work...he was relatable, but very professional and I enjoyed his sense of humor through it all. As a patient you are able to connect with the doctor through a protected app. which is so helpful because you can get answers to the unknown pretty quickly. Dr. Morin works around the clock for his patients and I am grateful for his commitment to his work. You can definitely tell he loves what he does.
Every morning you are greeted by a great staff (Leah & Cynthia) [at RMA of Northern California] who are amazing! They are welcoming and are there to make you comfortable. They over communicate and answer the phone every time you call...[nurses] in the clinic always has a smile on their faces even at 7:30am...They monitored me very closely and were able to schedule the retrieval fairly quickly which ended up working for my work schedule which was nice. The retrieval was a success and were excited to have the results that we did. We then went through the genetic testing and then began the transfer process. We started with a medicated transfer to begin which was not my favorite because it involved injections, but it was nice because we could control the date and time of the transfer. For the 2nd transfer Dr. Morin decided to do a natural transfer cycle to see if my body produces what it needs and that cycle was much more enjoyable for me and in the end was successful. Nine days later, we found out we were pregnant and then over the next three weeks I came in for them to monitor me and the development of the embryos. It was nice to have Dr. Morin still apart of the process after the transfer took.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
My experience at RMA and with Dr. Morin was like no other. From the first consultation he was relatable, but very professional and I enjoyed his sense of humor through it all. As a patient you are able to connect with the doctor through a protected app. which is so helpful because you can get answers to the unknown pretty quickly. Dr. Morin works around the clock for his patients and I am grateful for his commitment to his work. You can definitely tell he loves what he does.
Dr. Morin is very hands on and you will be dealing with him all the way through the process which is some what rare. Having a doctor there through it all was comforting for me.
Dr. Morin is very caring about his patients and interacts with you like a friend. He is thoughtful, kind and patient speaking to all things human. Such an amazing doctor with a big heart for his work.
We started with the retrieval and the injections of all the hormones which was a 10 day process. Through that period I was going in to get ultrasounds every couple days in order to time the retrieval correctly. They monitored me very closely and were able to schedule the retrieval fairly quickly which ended up working for my work schedule which was nice. The retrieval was a success and were excited to have the results that we did. We then went through the genetic testing and then began the transfer process. We started with a medicated transfer to begin which was not my favorite because it involved injections, but it was nice because we could control the date and time of the transfer. For the 2nd transfer Dr. Morin decided to do a natural transfer cycle to see if my body produces what it needs and that cycle was much more enjoyable for me and in the end was successful. Nine days later, we found out we were pregnant and then over the next three weeks I came in for them to monitor me and the development of the embryos. It was nice to have Dr. Morin still apart of the process after the transfer took.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
Everyone nurse in the clinic always has a smile on their faces even at 7:30am.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Every morning you are greeted by a great staff (Leah & Cynthia) who are amazing! They are welcoming and are there to make you comfortable. They over communicate and answer the phone every time you call.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I cant say enough good things about Dr. Morin. He wowed us from our first meeting by intricately explaining the process and the next steps in regards to our situation... We used the app called Spruce for communication and Dr. Morin was extremely responsive no matter what time I messaged him with a question, on it...He knows his stuff well and explained to us in a way that made sense from the first consultation. As a comparison, we did go to another fertility dr to get a second opinion and while they were good, the way Dr. Morin had explained it to us was superior and had more detail.
The clinic [RMA of San Francisco is located at a very convenient location.... Since they are a relatively new clinic, it is easy to get appointments - which is something I struggle with, at other clinics. The team and Dr. Morin are extremely competent and you dont feel like you are a number. The attention you will receive here is excellent. I just cant say enough good things about them...I would say overall the service and the communication was way above average for the clinic.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Morin was excellent. He knows his stuff well and explained to us in a way that made sense from the first consultation. As a comparison, we did go to another fertility dr to get a second opinion and while they were good, the way Dr. Morin had explained it to us was superior and had more detail. During the course of the treatment, it was easy to get appointments and not wait for weeks. We used the app called Spruce for communication and Dr. Morin was extremely responsive no matter what time I messaged him with a question, on it. That was including during the holidays when I messaged him around new years eve! Lastly, we got the result we wanted in the first attempt and we definitely are grateful to Dr. Morin and the team for that.
I cant say enough good things about Dr. Morin. He wowed us from our first meeting by intricately explaining the process and the next steps in regards to our situation. The response time by Dr. Morin was more than excellent. Of course, we are also quite happy with our end result so we feel like we were in great hands.
We went for the IUI treatment and it was successful in the first attempt and we got pregnant. We did not use any medication for this.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is located at a very convenient location by the financial district so its easy to go during the work day. Since they are a relatively new clinic, it is easy to get appointments - which is something I struggle with, at other clinics. The team and Dr. Morin are extremely competent and you dont feel like you are a number. The attention you will receive here is excellent. I just cant say enough good things about them.
The cost was reasonable.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
I wouldnt say those things were a big deal for me. A couple of times, I had to reach out to get the test result but the reply was instant when I asked for it (and some of those were just regular blood tests). I would say overall the service and the communication was way above average for the clinic.
Success w/ Doc 12 Eggs Frozen
Dr Morin explained the science of fertility very clearly in the consultation and was often there to answer questions over our messaging app. He was patient with my questions, and thorough with information.... [Monitoring Appointments were] efficient, but doctors and nurses always had time for me... I was the saddest, wimpiest patient ever, super sensitive to pain and needles, and yet Luciana (and everyone on staff) was completely understanding and patient.
I was the saddest, wimpiest patient ever, super sensitive to pain and needles, and yet Luciana (and everyone on staff) was completely understanding and patient.... Strengths — beautiful, new facility [RMA of Northern California]; lots of availability; affordable annual freezing price Weaknesses — would love a portal to access all billing and schedules, but perhaps no fertility clinic has this... $7200 (discount with carrot) for retrieval and treatment $3500 medication $600 other consultation fees
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths — beautiful, new facility; lots of availability; affordable annual freezing price Weaknesses — would love a portal to access all billing and schedules, but perhaps no fertility clinic has this
efficient, but doctors and nurses always had time for me
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Scott Morin] is warm, kind, compassionate, realistic, extremely knowledgable, and relaxed. You can feel how much he cares about his patients, so much so, that I always felt like I was his only patient. :) Before meeting Dr. Morin we interviewed four other doctors in the area and none even came close. After every doctors appointment the first words that came out of my mouth were how happy I was to be on Dr. Morin's team. This process was truly made so much better because of the wonderful team that was behind me. Dr. Morin is a rockstar!!!
Dr. Morin and his team [at RMA of N. California] have both offices in SF and PA, making it easy to always get an appointment. The Palo Alto office is right off the freeway as well!... Their offices are new, clean, comfortable and convenient. From the very beginning, Dr. Morin, Dr. Kort, Luciana, and their amazing team understand your goals and who YOU are making the entire process so wonderful. Before meeting Dr. Morin I was confused, didn't know what to do, and felt stuck. From the first handshake I knew I was in the right place. I was being guided and taken care of, something that had been missing for so long.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
I couldn't wait to write this review for Dr. Morin. From the moment my husband and I met him we felt like we were 100% in the right place. He is warm, kind, compassionate, realistic, extremely knowledgable, and relaxed. You can feel how much he cares about his patients, so much so, that I always felt like I was his only patient. :) Before meeting Dr. Morin we interviewed four other doctors in the area and none even came close. After every doctors appointment the first words that came out of my mouth were how happy I was to be on Dr. Morin's team. This process was truly made so much better because of the wonderful team that was behind me. Dr. Morin is a rockstar!!!
Dr. Morin and his team have both offices in SF and PA, making it easy to always get an appointment. The Palo Alto office is right off the freeway as well!
Dr. Morin and his team treated me like I was a person and not a number in their system. From the moment I stepped into their office I felt like there was now a team rooting me on and focusing all their efforts on getting me to my goal. Any little question I had was answered and remembered. I have never felt more like a human at a doctors office in my life. Can't stress this one enough!!
I was taught how to do all shots at home (much easier than anticipated), would come into the office almost every day for monitoring before the egg retrieval to make sure everything was going exactly to plan. We got a great number of eggs that made beautiful embryos and it worked on the first try!
Luciana and the entire nursing staff at RMA was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Every time I stepped into the office I was greeted with smiles, hugs, and conversation that was real. They were always available and were there cheering me on through every step. They never missed a beat and always left me feeling so positive and excited for what was to come. I could go on and on...
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I don't remember off hand, but was inline with the other four clinics we interviewed.
Dr. Morin's approach was spot on, we wanted a healthy pregnancy and his knowledge of how to achieve that worked well for my husband and I.
Silicon Valley