Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
265 S. Parkside Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
877-475-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Magarelli Fertility to a friend?
6.6

5.2

1 doctor
Endometriosis, Male Factor
During my time at this clinic [Magarelli Fertility], I had one prescription not called in and another not done correctly. The second time I had to call the clinic multiple times while at the pharmacy and wound up having to go back to the clinic ( 30 mins away) to pick up a script. They failed to call me with a negative HCG and I had to ask at my first ultrasound for my next cycle...The clinic is so disorganized that when I called saying I was skipping a cycle to go out of town, they told me to still come in. After that ultrasound, the tech was so confused as to why I was there and basically wasted both of our time and my money. They put in the authorization for a surgery wrong so I found out ten minutes before going into surgery that my insurance gave the ok for it. I could go on and on. Moral of the story only go here if you need IVF for a lower price than the other clinic in town.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
Strengths: More affordable than most and conveniently located (for me personally) Weakness: poor communication, IVF, IVF, IVF mentality, lack of organization (i.e. no phone call about negative HCG, did get a phone call after I cancelled the next HCG test) , and at times it seems like they are hiding things from patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Number is the only choice other than human on here. I did not feel like a human, but also didn't exactly feel like a number either. Because I was doing IUI, I often felt less than and an after thought. They got me in and out quickly.
I saw the actual nurse only a few times more than Dr. Mag. They came in to discuss protocol or any questions that required at least a nurse (basically things Dr. Mag should've been doing). The ultrasound tech and LPN? were both so kind and the people I saw the most. These two would be the only reason to stay at this clinic.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
At the initial appointment, Dr. Mag seemed kind and knowledgeable. However, during this appointment he pushed pretty hard for IVF. At this point, we hadn't even been trying for a whole year. The next time I saw him was at my IUI insemination. After I had a negative HCG, the last time I saw him was when I had ovulated on my own before being able to have a trigger shot. The fact that he pushes IVF so hard and barely sees non IVF patients is a huge red flag. His condescending demeanor when I had concerns about a new diagnosis sent me running for good reason. From what I hear he is great at affordable IVF, but lackluster for any other patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
The only way I would go here is if it is the only way you can afford IVF. You need to advocate for yourself hard. Don't be afraid to call the office or even show up to get the information you need. If you really want to talk to Dr. Mag, push for it and don't let him give a crap answer that lets him leave the room quicker.
Describe the protocols Paul Magarelli used in your cycles at Magarelli Fertility and their degree of success.
For both cycles, I was on Letrozole for 5 days. The only IUI I had a trigger of novarel. The second I ovulated on my own. For both cycles, I had 3 follicle mature. Both resulted in a negative HCG.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility.
I was lucky and only had to pay for the IUI procedure, labs, and semen analysis. The prices were good and well below market, except for labs. The labs should have been covered by insurance, but I had to pay out of pocket for them instead.
Colorado Springs

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility.

Either voice record or write down in detail each and every conversation you have with anyone and everyone at that office [Magarelli Fertility]. No one gives the same information - from the doctor himself to the secretary to the financial consultant to their website. Document, document, document...miscommunication and disorganization is beyond frustrating!...The receptionist, Cecelia, is extremely disorganized. Every time (not exaggerating) I called, she did not have correct answers to my questions. Here are a couple examples: 1. She told me that Dr. Magarelli had to be in the office in order for me to get bloodwork done, which I later found out (from the financial coordinator) was not true. 2. For my Day 3 FSH bloodwork, she told me that the clinic was closed on Saturday and Sunday so if Day 3 of my cycle was on a weekend, I’d have to wait until next cycle.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
A new patient should know that the receptionist, Cecelia, is extremely disorganized. Every time (not exaggerating) I called, she did not have correct answers to my questions. Here are a few examples: 1. She told me that Dr. Magarelli had to be in the office in order for me to get bloodwork done, which I later found out (from the financial coordinator) was not true. 2. For my Day 3 FSH bloodwork, she told me that the clinic was closed on Saturday and Sunday so if Day 3 of my cycle was on a weekend, I’d have to wait until next cycle. This was also false information. 3. She failed to communicate that my husband needed an appointment to drop off his semen analysis kit. He was abstinent for five days and then was told his semen would not be tested because he didn’t have an appointment. It would have been nice for her to tell me this information when I picked up the kit.
When I went in to get my husband’s semen analysis kit, I told the secretary my name. She said, “we go by chart numbers here, do you know your chart number?” In addition, every woman is made to be on the same cycle because it’s easier for the clinic to manage. I am not sure if this is true in most clinics but it made me feel like just a number, not a unique individual.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
My husband and I only had a phone call consultation with Dr. Magarelli. He came across arrogant in tone. He made it seem like nothing I did in the past was correct/good enough. For example, when I told him I had taken Clomid for 6 months, his response was, “Well that’s alarming! No one prescribes that drug anymore. I haven’t used it in 10 years. And no one should EVER take it for 6 months, consecutively!” We hung up the phone and I cried in my husband’s arms with regret for taking Clomid.
Either voice record or write down in detail each and every conversation you have with anyone and everyone at that office. No one gives the same information - from the doctor himself to the secretary to the financial consultant to their website. Document, document, document.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [Magarelli Fertility] tried to do all the monitoring in a certain time span in the mornings. Mine was always after 9am. It went smoothly... Stim meds (plus Human Growth Hormone) Cody about $5,000.00, Seman analysis was $80.00...Strength of the clinic is friendliness and care. Weakness of the clinic is reachability, call backs and communication. To be honest, everyone’s cycles may differ so it’s hard to say what else is strength or weakness.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
They’re very kind during appointments and try to take time for extra questions when in the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Magarelli Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Nurse, Cindy, is bubbly and sweet, but lacks communication skills. All her messages are in lower caps and seem rushed. She doesn’t answer the nurse line (extra cell phone for after hours) on the first call, you have to leave a message and hope she calls back. In the clinic she’s very helpful, but once it closes, you’re kind on your own. Care coordinator, Gabby, always sends messages with important information and comes in during your visits before retrieval and makes sure you have enough syringes or medications, etc. The staff is helpful and try to help when at the office. If there is a problem the office manager listens and try’s to set it straight.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
He has a soft spot for the military. He is very interested in every patients case and wants to work towards that positive outcome. Dr. Magarelli is very understanding and is always available for a hug.
Listen to his ideas and yes, some cost extra money but they might heighten your chances of a positive outcome.
To know what he’s working with, he has a scope and HSG done. Then he started me on supplements like CoQ10, DHEA, vitamins B, C & D and Estrace to control my cycles. He then added 0.4ml Human Growth Hormone a week before the Stimulation Meds. The Stimulation meds were Menopur (4vials), Gonal F (150 units). My first appointment after starting the Stim Meds was day 5. Urine sample, blood draw and vag. Ultrasound to check in the eggs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Magarelli Fertility.
They tried to do all the monitoring in a certain time span in the mornings. Mine was always after 9am. It went smoothly.
I luckily had a referral for Dr. Magarelli, so I did not have to pay for in office visits or the scope/HSG procedure. Medications and Seman analysis were costs that we had to pay ourselves. Stim meds (plus Human Growth Hormone) Cody about $5,000.00, Seman analysis was $80.00
Describe Paul Magarelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Magarelli Fertility.
Dr. Magarelli recommends only one embryo transfer. Unless the women has had multiple miscarriages, then he might put in 2 embryos.
Colorado Springs

The front desk staff [HQA Fertility] needs some work. They don’t always seem to be as knowledgeable about what is needed. But when you do get a knowledgeable person they are great! I think they should teach the front desk more about the processes. They also need to be a bit more personable. But the clinic is also very very very affordable. That is the main reason why we have used them.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
The front desk staff needs some work. They don’t always seem to be as knowledgeable about what is needed. But when you do get a knowledgeable person they are great! I think they should teach the front desk more about the processes. They also need to be a bit more personable. But the clinic is also very very very affordable. That is the main reason why we have used them.
I felt a bit like a number during my first egg retrieval. They just weren’t as personable. But now that we are moving forward with a second they have made me feel a lot more like a human. They have taken more time to sit and discuss the changes we will be making to protocol. And making sure all our testing is up to date. Requesting tests more specific to our needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Magarelli Fertility.
They were great! Quick and to the point! But also very compassionate.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
He is very very straight forward but also compassionate. He was very very understanding en we went in to discuss why we didn’t end up with any usable embryos. He hugged us and told me it was ok to cry. He has been very thorough with all of our testing and explaining what we need to do next. He was also respectful when we declined the suggestion to use doner sperm. I really really like him and would recommend him to anyone.
Be persistent with the staff. It’s hard to get through to him but once you do it’s a great experience.
The egg retrieval including one transfer is $11,000. That also includes all the monitoring appointments and blood work and ultrasounds. That is not including meds. Everything at this clinic is way more affordable than any other clinic I have looked into.
I was not able to get this far. We had one inconclusive embryo so we will be doing another retrieval.
Colorado Springs

HQA is a good option for affordable IVF but working with them requires a lot of patience and can be frustrating. Know going into it that you are going to spend a lot of time on the phone and sending portal messages and know that there are setbacks that can occur beyond what they prepare you for.... I did most of my monitoring remotely. When I monitored on-site my appointments were scheduled during monitoring hours and I was seen promptly.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
I sometimes felt like a number because communicating with the clinic was difficult. I had to call to follow-up on my monitoring results several times and I felt like I had to repeat myself over and over. As a travel patient I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to coordinate care and test results. At times they asked me to be in the next morning for monitoring, forgetting that I am in another state.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Magarelli Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
My initial nurse was Carla and while I felt she was knowledgeable, she didn't always listen to my concerns. I felt that she tried to show compassion but missed the mark because she didn't take the time to hear my specific concerns.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli has a way of speaking that makes you feel very hopeful which I appreciated but sometimes I felt that it set me up to feel worse when we encountered setbacks. Over time, I feel that he has gotten to know me better and he has been more clear about real expectations.
Understand that you are basically a general contractor for your own medical care: write everything down and don't be afraid to follow up, reach out for clarification and advocate for yourself if you feel that your concerns are not being heard.
For my egg retrieval I was on Follistim and Menopur, then added cetrotide and did a dual trigger. For my first FET I was on baby asprin, estrace, doxycycline, and PIO. The clinic also recommended several supplements for my partner and I (CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folate and a couple others I forget).
Meds for retrieval were $4,000 my retrieval was about $6,000 or $7,000 (I think) and did not include PGS.
Dr. Magarelli and I discussed 1 or 2 embryos and since I did not do PGS he was open to either, ultimately I chose eSET.

Anovulation, Unexplained
They [High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] usually work with my schedule and are great at having available dates for monitoring. And if it is an emergency, like when I was having a miscarriage they see me ASAP...They are great at monitoring FETs...They are not so good monitoring when I comes to TI with injections...They work with you and your specific need, but they are pushy toward IVF/FETs They are compassionate and caring. Definitely a strength is the people that works there.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
They are great at monitoring FETs They are not so good monitoring when I comes to TI with injections They work with you and your specific need, but they are pushy toward IVF/FETs They are compassionate and caring. Definitely a strength is the people that works there.
I felt mostly like a human. They are caring and a very big support. They were amazing when husband was deployed and I was doing the transfers by myself. But also I feel like a number when they forget to call me with results or when I need to remind them things that they should not forget... Also feel like a number when they plan transfer for only 2-3 days of the month and everybody's body needs to adapt to the same schedule.
They are Amazing... I love them!! They are trustworthy and kind. They always have something sweet and nice to say.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Paul magarelli is very kind and supportive. He always explained everything in a way that is easy to understand. He can be a little pushy when it comes to IVF/FET and doesn't seem to like when you question some procedure. But at the end he is understanding and respectful of the decisions you make. For example, I wanted to do TI with injections in between transfers and he completely understood my reasoning behind this decision. He is trustworthy and makes you feel comfortable and safe.
Don't feel afraid to ask questions. This is a very difficult and most of the time overwhelming journey but don't be afraid... And you are not alone :)
Gonal F: for Egg retrieval I think it was 75 units and then 150 units until I had enough mature eggs. I was on OHSS precautions because I had to many follicles. For TI with injections I was taking 150 units of Gonal F and they cancelled my cycle because there were to many mature eggs. Progesterone IM taken I believe a week before each transfer and supposed to take it until 12 weeks of pregnancy.
They usually work with my schedule and are great at having available dates for monitoring. And if it is an emergency, like when I was having a miscarriage they see me ASAP.
I believe it was $8500 for IVF, included one FET plus medication. Gonal F is expensive but we applied for compassionate Care for Military, so we paid like an extra $2500. And $1850 for each transfer after that.
I liked his approach when it comes to eSET... We transferred one the 1st time and 2 embryos the 2nd and 3rd time that we did FETs.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The nurses [at High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] seemed never to talk to one another or review my chart. Calling giving conflicting info, calling and saying they will call back and never do, write that "patient apperantly got wrong meds/med supplies" to the patient (I'm sure I wasn't supposed to see that) left me without information causing panic. Very un-sympathetic to the fact you are not a doctor or nurse and sometimes just need to verify what your doing. Seem nice when you visit though. A new nurse, Jody I believe is her name, seems to understand that saying you will call back means you call back.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
You may feel less of a person and more of a number, but most of the doctors and staff are very nice. The nurses though, not so much. The receptionist seems a little negletful as well, be very precise when speaking to her. Office is clean & prices are the best part.
Dr. Mag is great, it's the staff (or maybe lack of) that is terrible. You really have to be on top on all your own appointments and meds to make it through. Calls that never get called back, portal messages that you never received notification on, terrible nurses who seem annoyed that you called the after hours number to make sure you inject your meds correctly.
The nurses seemed never to talk to one another or review my chart. Calling giving conflicting info, calling and saying they will call back and never do, write that "patient apperantly got wrong meds/med supplies" to the patient (I'm sure I wasn't supposed to see that) left me without information causing panic. Very un-sympathetic to the fact you are not a doctor or nurse and sometimes just need to verify what your doing. Seem nice when you visit though. A new nurse, Jody I believe is her name, seems to understand that saying you will call back means you call back.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
De. Mag is a very nice person & explained everything in detal, sometimes more then once when we went into a fog and forgot what he just said. He truly seems to care about what he does & wants to help as many people as he can.
Expect to have consultants with him but not have any appointments during your care with him, which is fine because his other 2 doctors are also great!
I had an HGH protocol for egg retrieval. Not sure why, maybe that I'm on allery meds. It involved extra HGH shots starting early. The rest: gonal F, menopur, hcg trigger, cetrotide, Lupron trigger
I don't live in the town that this clinic is located, still close enough to arrive from home within an hour. Yiu can only be seen from 7-9 am for monitoring. I have to always miss work and/or work from the car, meaning someone else had to drive me to the clinic, in order to get an appointment for monitoring (blood work has to be same day) its a good thing I have a pretty flexible work environment or I would never be able to have a job and work with this type of schedule.
Roughly - $6000.00 for IVF meds $9000.00 for one egg retrieval $250 for embryo CCS testing (up to 8 embryos) FET is $1850.00 plus meds (meds are $165 to $205) ERA $1750.00 plus meds
No comments.
Colorado Springs

I had waited two weeks from the time I got my labs drawn to finally call to get results [from High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers]. Nurse Carla informed me that they usually give the lab results in person and not call or put them on the portal. It would have been nice to know versus waiting for a phone call...$8900 - Cycle fee w/screening for PGS $3500 - Added fee for PGD screening for up to 8 embryos at one time $400 - Anesthesia $12,800 - Total Cycle Fee, plus medications
Other, Prefer not to answer
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
Clinic is very nice, clean, staff is welcoming. Lots of fertility information available for reading around the clinic. They are prompt are professional. I think anyone that goes will feel the same way.
I thought he was very good, but he is has a PhD and Doctorate- My husband and I needed a little more laymans terms and time to completely understand. He took the time, although we did feel as we were a little inconveniencing him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Magarelli Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Lyon was my care coordinator- Carla was my nurse)
Nurse Carla I do without speaking to again. She did not take the time to explain what was going on, when I asked something she repeated what she had already said. She did not take the time to read my chart and proceeds to tell me what testing my husband needs to do, when all the while the reason we are there is because he is sterile. I felt she was very unknowledgeable and unprofessional. At one point I asked if 1 procedure and physician visit could be combined so that we didn't have to make 2 trips out of town- she told me no there are people who drive from other states to do different visits I could too. I though this was RUDE and completely unprofessional for a clinic of this nature. Amanda was my care coordinator- She along the rest of the staff has always been great, more than helpful. She takes the time to explain things and answers questions sometimes late in the evenings. It shows she takes pride in what she does.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli is a well educated and experienced physician. It shows when he explains what is happening and what will happen. Although seems to be a little high strung, we felt he was more than competent to complete our process. We have the upmost confidence in what he does.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, although what he is saying makes sense to him, it may not make sense to you. Come with questions wrote down and don't be afraid to ask away. He talks quick, but ask him to help you better understand.

2014 - 2018
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I did not get the full results from my first ultrasound that I had done after confirming being pregnant [at High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] . I was stressed for a whole week until I found out from reading my own results that I had to ask for...The best part about this clinic is the price. This last cycle we did was $6,300 not including medications but everything else even the transfer was included. It was an additional cost for PGS testing which we opted out of.
2014 - 2018
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
This clinic needs to work on their communication. It takes a while (days or sometimes not at all) for them to respond to a question. With that in mind you as a patient needs to be persistent and advocate for yourself.
Dr. Magarelli himself is a nice guy but blunt and to the point. I only saw him if something was concerning and the day of the retrieval.
Jennifer his MA is very sweet and compassionate. She would always have a smile on your face and was pleasant to be around. I always relaxed a little more when she was around. The rest of the nursing staff seemed like they were there just for a job.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli is blunt and to the point of what is going on with each individual. I feel like I was rushed with my questions and didn't get the full answer. This is during his clinic time. During the retrieval and transfer he was much more compassionate and excited for you.
Do your research and be your own advocate.
I don't remember that medication protocol that I used. It was actually different each cycle as one of the medications was discontinued. I started off with Menopur (2 vials) and Gonal-F (150) with my last cycle. My eggs tend to grow slowly then all of a sudden catch up. I was up to either 4 or 5 bottles of Menopur by the end. Both retrievals I've had they got 24-26 eggs so I got OHSS and had to eat a ton of protein. The Menopur was an IM injection by the way. The first time around I used Lupron at first then Menopur and Braville. I got my baby boy out of that one:)
Dr. Magarelli actually suggested we use both embryos for transfer due to the poor quality. We did transfer two in both cycles.
2014 - 2017
I think at times the clinic [Magarelli Fertility] gets a little busy and can cause some delays for appointments. I think their biggest strength is that the clinical staff treats you like family. The staff have seen me outside of the clinic and ask about me and how I am doing. While we are still trying to figure out what we want to do next. It is great knowing the care.... I think we paid around $500 per IUI. $9000 I think for 1st round of IVF and $12000 for second (genetic testing this time). $750 for transfers.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
I think at times the clinic gets a little busy and can cause some delays for appointments. I think their biggest strength is that the clinical staff treats you like family. The staff have seen me outside of the clinic and ask about me and how I am doing. While we are still trying to figure out what we want to do next. It is great knowing the care.
I think sometimes you felt like a number because you didn't always see the Dr. Magarelli especially during the retrieval stage of IVF. He was definitely more present when it came time to do the transfer. I do have to say when we had our ectopic pregnancy he was supportive and I think felt for our loss.
They were super friendly and very responsive. If I had questions or concerns she was quick to respond. They treated me like I was part of their family.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magrelli truly cares about his patients. When we had our ectopic pregnancy he supported use and encouraged us to try again. Sometimes I think with just the busyness of the clinic you don't see him as much as you could. He has hired others doctors that are great to work with well and I think compliment him well.
Just to know that sometimes he may not seem like he is 100% patient focused he actually is. He truly has come up with some new ideas to help make the chances better.
I think otnqas a standard protocol. I cant remember the specifics. We did do an ERA cycle between transfer to figure out why things were not working correctly.
He let us ultimately chose how many we wanted to transfer. He gave us his opinion but it was our choice.
Colorado Springs

They [the nursing staff at High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] were very organized and assisted with any questions or concerns during the process. They were all very compassionate and reassuring through the entire process. They realize the situation all of us are in and show nothing but care and kindness... . I was informed every step of the way and always knew what to expect every appointment. From the front desk coordinators , nurses , doctors everyone was working for you and wanted to help make our dreams a reality. Creating peacefully , safe environment through the entire process.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
I had an exceptional experience , that exceeded all my expectations. I was informed every step of the way and always knew what to expect every appointment. From the front desk coordinators , nurses , doctors everyone was working for you and wanted to help make our dreams a reality. Creating peacefully , safe environment through the entire process.
When working with Dr.Mag I felt like I was being heard and not just looked at as a healthy young woman. He looked at all the test results and my levels and based the treatment of me not a general statistic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Magarelli Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer and Nancy(not 100%) she was the head nurse we worked with most of the time. )
They were very organized and assisted with any questions or concerns during the process. They were all very compassionate and reassuring through the entire process. They realize the situation all of us are in and show nothing but care and kindness.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr.Mag is straight forward and very experienced. I could trust every recommendation he made for us. At no point did I feel like he was leading us a stray. He made us feel at ease and explained everything that could or couldn’t result from our treatments. He was first and foremost concern about having a healthy baby and momma. No comparison to others , this was our journey and it was tailored to us specifically.
Constant education, he is a very good source - just continue to share that with patients.
With his recommendation my husband and I started in specific vitamin regimen. it was also recommended to include acupuncture during our treatment. This was a helpful expiernce for me , i was able to relax and allow my body to stay calm and be relieved of any stress. I found peace in the process with this and continued a few months after the transfer as well. For the retrieve I was doing small dose injections of Gonal F in the morning and Gonal F , HCG & Cetrotide in the evening. The amount and combination varried each day based off my appoint ultra sounds and blood test results. This was performed for approximately 9 days , with a Luprone trigger shot at a specific time to fit with the retrieval time of 9:30 am which my spouse would provide fresh sperm. 4 hrs prior to procedure I was to drinke 12oz of Gatorade - 2hrs prior taking 1000mg of Tylenol and 600mg of the Gabapentin prescription. We were set for retrieval with an assiotiate and were able to get 14 eggs. We elected for genetic screening and 2 weeks after the retrieval we were notified that we had 3 normal embryos to be frozen before our transfer one month later. I was on birth control to control my cycles and a month prior stated this, ad well as a low dose aspirin. Two weeks prior to the transfer I started Estradiol injections twice a week. As well as progesterone injections to be taken everyday until 12-13 weeks of pregnancy. On September 6th we had the Frozen transfer , before the transfer I went for an acupuncture appointment. The transfer was performed smoothly and professionally. After the appointment I was told to take it easy for a few days and take the time to relax. I also elected for an additional acupuncture appointment after the transfer. This truly assisted with relaxi g myself and mind after the procedure. Two weeks later we had our blood testing and the following day received the best news we could have ever prayed for we had a successful transfer and I was in fact pregnant. We had weekly appointments with dr.Mag up until 9 weeks then I transferred to our obgyn. I continued the progrestrone until 12 weeks.
I believe the IVF treatment with genetic testing was approximate 9500 and with the discounted medication providers was approximately 2500. These numbers are estimates , but I know it was the most affordable option out there.
For my safety he recommended a single embryo transfer for the first cycle and if this resulted in a negative pregnancy test he would then consider a two embryo transfer. This was based on my health and safety - a healthy baby and pregnancy was most important.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
I never noticed any weaknesses at this clinic [High Quality Affordable Fertility Center]. Someone is available to you at almost any hour of the day. Everyone communicates clearly and is happy to answer your questions or concerns. The doctors and staff are professional and caring all at the same time.... Everyone in that office looks you in the eye. They all want to know about you, and your life, and what you do outside of trying to conceive.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
I never noticed any weaknesses at this clinic. Someone is available to you at almost any hour of the day. Everyone communicates clearly and is happy to answer your questions or concerns. The doctors and staff are professional and caring all at the same time.
They were the most pleasant people I have had the pleasure of meeting.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli genuinely wants to help people realize their dreams of having a family. He has surrounded himself with a staff that wants to do the same thing. Everyone you come into contact with in his offices are there to help you and they are happy to be a part of your journey.
Please ask all of your questions. Tell the doctor all of your concerns and fears. And be sure to talk about what you want from your visits. Everyone in this office is a wealth of knowledge, be sure to take advantage of that.
My husband and I opted for IVF with genetic testing of our embryos, because we lost a pregnancy due to genetics and had been unable to canceive for 3 years since that loss. Dr. Magarelli presented different options, of course, but the IVF option had the best chance of being successful. I went through 1 egg retrieval and we came away with only 1 viable embryo after genetic testing. Since Dr. Magarelli now had a better idea of which doses of hormones would work and what could be changed to get the best results we opted for a second egg retrieval. After genetic testing there were 2 more viable embryos. Dr. Magarelli performed the implantation with the 2 viable embryos from the second egg retrieval. I'm ecstatic to tell you that it was successful. We now have twin girls that are the light of our lives. All of our thanks go to Dr. Magarelli and his whole team.
We were lucky to have fertility treatments included in our health insurance, with a lifetime cap, of course. What we paid out of pocket was about $15,000. But that was for two egg retrievals, genetic embryo testing, one implant procedure and almost all of the hormones and medications for all procedures.
Colorado Springs

There were a lot of changes going on with people at the time. They [HQAFC- CO Springs] were also working out kinks with a digital/portal system. Paperwork not being there or not knowing I had tests done previous-which were sent there already they couldn't find, etc.... Weaknesses-staff inconsistency, paperwork chaos, digital portal not working. Strengths-seemed to truly care, tailored treatment to my body, not a generalization.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
There were a lot of changes going on with people at the time. They were also working out kinks with a digital/portal system. Paperwork not being there or not knowing I had tests done previous-which were sent there already they couldn't find, etc. That was a bit challenging. They had many wonderful office staff there to listen and answer questions. Amanda was superb! Christina was as well. The lab staff was great too. They really did try to help us achieve pregnancy with live birth. Weaknesses-staff inconsistency, paperwork chaos, digital portal not working. Strengths-seemed to truly care, tailored treatment to my body, not a generalization.
It did seem like there was care and concern from staff, but still got lost in the mix of disorganization of the clinic and paperwork.
We did see different nurses most of the time. Carla was super sweet and compassionate in her care. Chasity was very compassionate and helpful as well. They did try to be available, but paperwork seemed to be an issue often. Also, calls would come from the New Mexico sister clinic too. Again, I think some of this was major change going on in the clinic and also a transition to digital/portal.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli is not the warmest, fuzziest best friend kind of Dr, however he was frank when you had the chance to talk to him. He did seem to care about being honest and helping you to acheive pregnancy. Dr. Magarelli was out of town for a little bit during our treatment. We also did not know he would not be doing our egg retrieval until the morning of. So things weren't communicated well in that regard. However, they did provide me with Dr Magarelli's cell phone if I ever had a question.
Stay on top of things, be your own advocate to make sure you are persistent on making sure your care gets priority and bring copies of all of your paperwork every visit as their system to digital only was not working well at all. Don't be intimidated by a Dr.'s personality and speak up if you need to-ask questions even if you feel stupid at the time.
Everything was mostly digitally on "the portal", but it did have it's problems. I know it was a new system for them so they were trying to work out the kinks, but at best it was really mainly used for email messages back and forth for lab results, increase meds, etc. I do feel like they did tailor my treatment to my body and not to a 10 day or 12 day, etc. They extended it as needed based on response or adjusted meds as needed. I was on Lupron, Menopur, Gonal F protocol and they increased meds as needed. They did strongly encourage acupuncture (his wife is an acupuncturist) and also encourage healthy diet and vitamin protocols, which was good.
It is HQA fertility center. High Quality Affordable Care. They reduce the cost to make it more affordable for anyone to have a baby. This is not the exact number but like $9200 or so and this include PGS testing, but not medication costs or any other MFI procedures.
There motto is one healthy baby, but they did encourage to transfer the only 2 PGS tested embryos we had. We did trust the medical advice they gave.
Colorado Springs

The clinic staff [HQA Fertility Centers] is nice when you go in for a consultation. As soon as you commit to treatment you are really just a number. They don't remember who you are or what you are having done. When you go in for an appointment be ready to wait for a while after your scheduled time. The clinic does not have up to date equipment. Everything seems a bit dated. Don't expect them to call with results when they say they will. You are waiting patiently for important results but they will forget about you.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
The clinic staff is nice when you go in for a consultation. As soon as you commit to treatment you are really just a number. They don't remember who you are or what you are having done. When you go in for an appointment be ready to wait for a while after your scheduled time. The clinic does not have up to date equipment. Everything seems a bit dated. Don't expect them to call with results when they say they will. You are waiting patiently for important results but they will forget about you. I had to call well after I was supposed to get my results from IVF. They have no compassion and will just tell you to try again with no explanation. Do your research before you go to this clinic.
There were several times that the nurse came into the exam room during my stims and called me by the wrong name or had the wrong chart, etc. It was as if they didn't know or care who you were when there. All they cared about is that they had another couple paying them. I checked into the front desk and printed my name out each time. I feel like there should not have been a mix up with who was there for an appointment. The nurse would laugh as if it was a joke when it happened. When things didn't work out and both of our embryos came back as abnormal after genetic testing we were just told okay lets do it again. There was no explanation, answers or support. They were ready to cash another check and said they wouldn't do anything different the next time.
I only saw one nurse while I was in treatment at this clinic. I believe she was newer to the clinic. She is the one who would come in the room and call me the wrong name and realize she had the wrong person. She would laugh when she couldn't find the follicles during the transvaginal ultrasound. She was very unprofessional. The other times I was there I had a radiology tech who was very nice and had IVF done herself. Unfortunately, I only had her a few times before she left to have her baby. I could tell that she understood the heartbreak and emotions that came along with IVF.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
I feel as though I was very naive in the beginning of treatment and was too trusting. This doctor used a form to explain how everything worked during the consultation. It showed the normal course of stimulation and also gave some percentages of success if you did genetic testing and if you didn't. I don't feel that he explained that you may not even have embryos to try implantation with and in that case it doesn't even matter what the percentages are. He was friendly the first time we met him for the consultation and seemed to think IVF would work great for us since we only had MFI. I had him one time to do my transvaginal ultrasound since the lady who usually did it at my other appointments was on maternity leave. He seemed to do it differently and got way different information than the other lady did. After we got our genetic testing on our two embryos back he became cold and made it sound normal. We went in to go over what happened and what the next steps are. He was rude and didn't answer our questions. Of course we wanted to know what had happened and what we would do next. He just told us that percentage wise it was normal that we didn't get any normal embryos. He said we need to start again next month and that we wouldn't do anything different. Why would I do the same thing again with no changes and hope for a different outcome? There was no compassion and no answers. We felt defeated and he made us feel like failures.
I would advise a prospective patient to do all your research ahead of time and find out what will happen in the worst case scenario. What will he do different if treatment fails?
The protocol I was put on was Gonal F, Lupron and low dose HCG. I believe I was put on this protocol because we were only dealing with male factor and the doctor did not want to stimulate me too much. During the stims I only produced about 17 follicles and they weren't growing quick enough at one point. They increased the Gonal F at some point during the stims. I only ended up with 9 eggs retrieved and only 2 embryos in the end that were genetically abnormal.
Every little thing cost more. We paid for genetic testing and anesthesia. We paid for the IVF package and extra for all of the medications.
Colorado Springs

The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Center] changed quite a bit throughout the 9 months that we were at the clinic. Most of them were friendly and helpful, but others not as much. However, one of the nurses that drew blood on a regular basis (I can't remember her name) was amazing. She was one of the few reasons that I felt comfortable going through another cycle with them.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
In the beginning, the clinic was very hard to get a hold of in order to schedule tests. I would call repeatedly and get no answer, or it would take them several days to call me back. I often had to wait until my next cycle to do the tests because they didn't get back to me in time to schedule them. After we paid for our first IVF cycle, they were a bit more attentive. However, they always said the patient portal was the best method of contact, but I rarely got answers in a timely manner, if at all. I will say though, the clinics financial coordinator is amazing. She always responded promptly to emails and answered any questions I had about the finances.
My husband and I felt as if we were just a number due to the fact that on multiple occasions Dr. Magarelli couldn't remember our names (we had been seeing him for several months by this point), and the fact that he was so quick to push IVF rather than discussing other options. After we decided to move forward with IVF, we didn't see Dr. Magarelli until the morning of the egg retrieval - he wasn't at any of the numerous visits in between.
The nursing staff changed quite a bit throughout the 9 months that we were at the clinic. Most of them were friendly and helpful, but others not as much. However, one of the nurses that drew blood on a regular basis (I can't remember her name) was amazing. She was one of the few reasons that I felt comfortable going through another cycle with them.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
I'm not sure where to even begin.. From the beginning I didn't have a great gut feeling about Dr. Magarelli, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and move forward as a patient of his (we were referred to him by Tricare, so our options were a bit limited). He put on a really good show at our first appointment, telling us that he would most certainly help us have "one healthy baby" - his motto. We felt hopeful that this would be the case. However, our first cycle ended with two abnormal embryos. Dr. Magarelli was less than compassionate when giving me this news, and even went as far as to get upset with me for not saying anything (I was in shock and very upset). Despite this happening, Dr. Magarelli assured us that changing my medication protocol would yield better results, so we moved forward with a second cycle. This cycle resulted in zero embryos. When Dr. Magarelli called to give me this news (I was expecting it by this time and had already started seeking a second opinion), he was joking about how he had a cold and didn't feel good.. as if that was appropriate. When I told him we'd be looking for another doctor his response was, "Sounds great, good luck!", and I never heard from him again.
Run in the other direction. Seriously. He might be the cheapest in town, but you get what you pay for.
My first IVF cycle began with birth control for a few weeks, followed by Lupron, and then Gonal-F & Low Dose HCG. I was on 10 units of Lupron, 10 units of Low Dose HCG, and 75 IU's of Gonal-F morning and night. I was on a very low dose due to the fact that I have no known issues, and responded very well to it. After my retrieval however, it was clear that I had hyper-stimulated even with the low doses. We retrieved 18 eggs, 10 mature, 5 fertilized, and 2 made it to freeze. Those 2 were chromosomally abnormal. For my second cycle I was again on birth control, followed by Lupron, and then Menopur. I was on 10 units of Lupron and started out at one vial of Menopur a day. After a few days and no response, my dose of Menopur was upped to 4 vials per day. I injected the Menopur intramuscularly, for a reason that I still don't know. This cycle we retrieved only 4 eggs, 2 mature, 2 fertilized, and 0 making it to freeze. Dr. Magarelli believes that I ovulated on my own prior to the retrieval.
Initally, Dr. Magarelli charged $7500 for IVF w/ ICSI, plus $400 for anesthesia, plus medications. They provided a $500 military discount, but required the payment in full before the start of the cycle. However, just before our first cycle began, they lowered the price to $4500, plus $400 for anesthesia, plus medications. At this time they didn't offer us the military discount. There was also a $1000 fee for the embryo biopsy each cycle.
Due to my age Dr. Magarelli highly recommended that we only transfer one embryo, however, we never made it to that phase with him.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Every time I was in the office [Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center], I was greeted warmly and everyone always remembered me by name. Magarelli always came into the room with a huge smile, jokes, and a positive attitude, and remembered our situation clearly, as though we were his friend...The nursing staff always answered my questions and remembered me by name. I knew this wasn't just from looking at a chart because they would pass me in the hall or happen to see me in the lobby and say hello by name with a smile. If I had any questions and called in, I always received a call back same day.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
The clinic was clean and organized. The team seemed like a well oiled machine. The embryologist often did my blood draws and chatted with us like we were best friends.
Every time I was in the office, I was greeted warmly and everyone always remembered me by name. Magarelli always came into the room with a huge smile, jokes, and a positive attitude, and remembered our situation clearly, as though we were his friend.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Magarelli Fertility.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Magarelli was the friendliest RE we have come across. My husband and I were treated like dollar signs at every clinic we went to except Magarelli's, who went out of his way to make sure we felt comfortable and treated like we were visiting an old friend. We knew what to expect at every appointment, and he talked to us like we were equals. I love his sense of humor and ability to make us laugh even though we were beyond stressed and anxious. Every time I walked away from the clinic, I felt excited and positive.
Give him a chance. I do not understand why there are any negative reviews of him. We felt so taken care of and respected by him, and he made us feel so at ease. He explained everything to us in detail and why our protocol made sense, but I encourage all new patients of any RE to make sure you ask the right questions from the start (research important questions to ask your RE), and you won't leave with unrealistic expectations.
Magarelli decided a freeze all cycle with PGS would help us after 8 years of TTC with no results. With PGS, we were able to determine that we had a chromosome abnormality when my husbands sperm met my eggs, and this could not be tested by any other kind of genetics blood test. We did BCP, egg retrieval, sent off our embryos to be tested, and then did a transfer one month later, with a positive pregnancy test in the end.
Exactly as described. 8k for IVF, unlimited FET's, egg retrievel, egg transfer, ICSI, PGS testing for 8 embryos. About 4k for medications.
Colorado Springs

It felt like a fertility "mill" it [Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center] was more like a factory than anything, you had to be on their schedule or they would cancle your cycle....nothing was based on Your body, it was based on their calendar of when they were doing retrievals or transfers. It's heartbreaking to have a cycle cancled because you didn't meet "their" deadline
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
The nurses are overworked, and it's obvious by attitude and amount of confusion they demonstrate. You will meet with the doctor once or twice, and your care will be determined by the nurses and physicians assistant. Scheduling is a nightmare, and they consistently run late, so don't expect to leave within a reasonable amount of time. They implemented a new patient portal, which they say makes communication faster, and it does the exact opposite, makes it longer!
It felt like a fertility "mill" it was more like a factory than anything, you had to be on their schedule or they would cancle your cycle....nothing was based on Your body, it was based on their calendar of when they were doing retrievals or transfers. It's heartbreaking to have a cycle cancled because you didn't meet "their" deadline
The physicians assistant is horrible. Some of the nurses are nice, but very confused and overworked. They have no clue what is going on and it seems like a guessing game on what they are going to tell you to do...
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
This office is run like a factory, it is not at all individualized. Not everyone has the same cycle or length of cycle, so if you do not fit into their schedule they will cancle your IVF cycle. You never see the doctor and the physicians assistant is incredibly rude and very difficult to deal with, especially when you are on significant hormones and she is nasty to you. I had to have my husband come to all my appointments on our second cycle after I started injections because I was tired of leaving in tears. They convinced me to buy medicine that I didn't need, and so many of my follicles ended up being over mature and useless, I went to 3 different physicians after leaving Dr Magerelli and they all told me that its very probable that they were not monitoring me the way they should have been. The number of eggs retrieved and the number that ended up fertilized was most likely the result of a very poor lab and uneducated staff/techs. The lab and procedure area do not seem like they are at all professional, I remember thinking "this can't be sanitary" quite a few times. I will agree with the last poster, they will sometimes tell you to continue with medicine, you aren't even on, they have no clue what is going on and it's scary to think they might be telling me the wrong thing. I missed a call once and they didn't specify which medication or what dose and didn't return my call till the following day at noon, I spent my evening guessing on what they could have meant, it's an unorganized disaster. Do yourself a favor, take out the loans, wait and save, do whatever you have to do, but avoid this place at all cost. Trust me, you will end up spending WAY more than they say it costs, its definatly a bait and switch. The price is a lie and it's a very dishonest office.
Find a different doctor...one who is honest about their success rates!
It cost nearly 12k, they make you feel like you NEED to do CCS, and if you don't your cycle will probably fail. So the $4500 price is absolutely not true at all, and is VERY deceptive
Colorado Springs

The nursing staff [HQA Fertility Ctr] has been competent so far. However, you have to stay on your toes and make sure to ask the right questions.... The clinic is extremely affordable compared to the local alternatives. The nurses are great with blood draws and ultrasounds, always make you feel comfortable. The metro location is not available for most appointments, which is disappointing. They have been off on their estimates on other services rendered, like medications.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
With this clinic being one of the fastest growing, you can sometimes get lost in the shuffle. Sometimes too many patients can lead to some miscommunication.
The nursing staff has been competent so far. However, you have to stay on your toes and make sure to ask the right questions.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
We have not been through a whole cycle yet, but he seems to be knowledgeable in the field of infertility. He is confident and warm when talking to his patients. Even though he is a very busy man, he does take the time to say hi even though you’re only seeing the nurse that day. He answered every one of our questions and explained how his process worked. He also explained how he is able to make IVF affordable for his patients.
He is a very knowledgeable doctor so follow his lead on what he believes is best for your case.
I have not been through a full cycle yet with Dr. Mag, however, I am on short protocol to begin the cycle. My ovarian reserve is great, so there should be no issues getting a decent amount of eggs.
$9,300 for full cycle ER, and one transfer, PGS testing. This does not include medications.
He lets you decide. Dr. Mag only does Frozen Embryo Transfers though.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Due to staff changes [at Magarelli Fertility] a cycle was cancelled, due to lack of communication and lack of follow up. It was the staffs fault that I missed a whole month...Being in the office is amazing, but when you are not face to face they fall short, OFTEN!...My first egg retrieval cycle was skipped because I fell through the cracks, meds were not ordered, protocol was not followed and I suffered for it...$11000 for IVF WITH ICSI AND CCS TESTING AND 2 transfers
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
As stated if they could match Dr. Magarelli’s enthusiast attitude with that level of office management it would be a 5 star facility! He is a very experienced doctor offering IVF at nearly 1/2 if the price of all other clinics, he has great results and we look forward to the rest of our journey with him and his team. I will continue to trust that he and his staff have my best interest at heart even if staff changes makes communication difficult at times.
Due to staff changes a cycle was cancelled, due to lack of communication and lack of follow up. It was the staffs fault that I missed a whole month.
When you are face to face they are wonderful, but when it comes time to make reports or give call backs, they fall short! Often!
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli deserves 5 stars!! If his staff could come up with a management system that matches his enthusiasm for fertility treatment they would be unstoppable!! Being in the office is amazing, but when you are not face to face they fall short, OFTEN!
Be patient, pun intended!
I am too early in IVF, but he believes it’s relatively standard for all woman with a few slight tweaks.
$11000 for IVF WITH ICSI AND CCS TESTING AND 2 transfers
He will allow you to decide, not over 2 and recommends CCS testing.

2017 - 2019
Male Factor, Other
Sometimes communication is lacking at fro t desk [Magarelli Fertility]. Every now and then it's hard to call in and speak with someone, but usually if a message is left theyll call back fairly quick. The portal will be your best friend... Jennifer is pur favorite nurse! Chaz is our favorite lab tech. Mike is our favorite phlebotomist... We have spent $40 000 with all costs associated with our fertility issues
2017 - 2019
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
Sometimes communication is lacking at fro t desk. Every now and then it's hard to call in and speak with someone, but usually if a message is left theyll call back fairly quick. The portal will be your best friend
Dr. Mag took the time to talk and walk us through the process. He allowed us to decide when the time was right for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Magarelli Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer, carla, Krystal, gabby)
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
I think dr. Magarelli did the best he could with our case. With my husband's cancer history. He gave us time when we lost our first pregnancy at 28weeks. Unfortunately our second implant wasnt successful.
Be hopeful. Hes a great doctor,but he cant work miracles.
I was on hcg, gonal-f, and a third injection for retrieval. I was on estrogen and progesterone for implant. I was on all injections as they go straight into the bloodstream and just seem to work better. During retrieval had labs and tranvag ultrasound every other day.
We have spent $40 000 with all costs associated with our fertility issues
One healthy baby is his motto. We chose to implant one at a time to try to have multiple successful implants a few years apart.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They [HQA Fertility Ctr] are always friendly and try, but communication can be difficult. They do not answer the phone way too much of the time. The patient portal does help with communication as long as it isn't urgent.... My first IVF was frustrating due to a lack of organization, competence and lack of accurate communication. The second IVF was better, due to new more competent staff.... A nurse performing an ultrasound did it completely wrong. She took it to the RE and he told her it was on the wrong setting.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
They are always friendly and try, but communication can be difficult. They do not answer the phone way too much of the time. The patient portal does help with communication as long as it isn't urgent.
More human due to the kindness of most of the staff, however competency was lacking in some staff, but not all.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
He would be positive almost to a fault. He comes across as a salesman in some ways, but I do believe he does care. He will breeze over things that can be very important, but spend a lot of time on things that don't apply to the situation at hand. He will take the time to answer questions if asked.
Make a list of detailed questions if you want the details.
I was put on high doses of hormones due to DOR, but I didn't feel like I understood my protocol and it was not explained to me well.
$6400.00 for IVF and $4000.00 for medication.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I had so many questions during treatment [at High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers], but everyone was answered, and each person provided us with support – medically and emotionally...The staff were comforting and knowledgeable from the start and helped us feel ready to proceed with IVF. The nurse was very encouraging and funny. Sometimes she seemed very busy and I feel like she wished she could have spent more time with me. I'm thankful for her care and her staffs care.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
Extremely welcoming and warm staff. They really want to help you and will do everything to make you feel comfortable. They are full of energy, so be prepared for that. I feel like they could benefit from having a larger staff. Sometimes I would see one person doing so many tasks.
I had so many questions during treatment, but everyone was answered, and each person provided us with support – medically and emotionally.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
I felt like he was knowledgeable about everything. Many of my questions were met with a quick response with several levels of detail. Sometimes I felt like the information was going to be impossible to retain, but once I got started with treatment, I caught on soon.
He seems like he really wants to help you.
Colorado Springs

I love this clinic [High Quality Affordable Fertility]! They all knew us and welcomed us in, even after having the baby they loved us going back and showing them what they helped do. It was a miracle and they helped achieve it. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way....Very honest, sympathetic. and genuine in what they do. Very big support system...Everyone including the dr. Knew us by name and helped us tremendously throughout the process! They were very genuine and heartfelt.
South Asian, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
I love this clinic! They all knew us and welcomed us in, even after having the baby they loved us going back and showing them what they helped do. It was a miracle and they helped achieve it. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
They were excellent! Very honest, sympathetic. and genuine in what they do. Very big support system
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
He always made sure we knew everything and we understood the process thoroughly. He was very upfront and honest about what was going on during the process. He was always willing to help and answer any questions at anytime.
Make sure to be honest with him so he can help you the best way and can take the right course of action.
We went in unsure of what route we were going to take. He explained both routes and which one he thinks might be better. He also did preliminary testing to let us know our chances for each route. We went with his protocol which was RIVF and it worked the first time!
The cost for everything was very reasonable. They also helped with medications
He explained the approach on transferring a single vs multiple and the outcome it could have.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I really needed the strong support and encouragement through all of this. The clinic [Repro Med and Fertility Ctr] took extra initiative to make sure I was comfortable and understood what was going on. Sometimes, they seemed a little unorganized with knowing who was supposed to see me next. But that could just be that they had some new people working there.... They were very encouraging and genuinely cared about my pregnancy.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
I really needed the strong support and encouragement through all of this. The clinic took extra initiative to make sure I was comfortable and understood what was going on. Sometimes, they seemed a little unorganized with knowing who was supposed to see me next. But that could just be that they had some new people working there.
I was greeted with encouragement and positivity every visit, starting with my first.
They were very encouraging and genuinely cared about my pregnancy.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
I was very nervous and apprehensive in the beginning but was reassured and had all of my questions answered. I was walked through my options and they made sure I was informed throughout my treatment. it was like having my own cheer leading squad.
He's an energy ball. Don't be put off by it. He really wants to help.
Had to take some stimulation meds which made me ovulate more. After that, I had an egg retrieval. They inseminated the eggs to make 4 embryos. 3 were healthy.
The costs were great. I didn't realize how much more money other clinics were charging for the same level of care.
Colorado Springs
They [Hight Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] do thorough testing of both partners. I did not always get my test results however, and didn't know what certain things meant. They do a class before you start your cycle that was helpful. In the class they go over the different medications and how/where to inject. The office itself is very clean.... The cycle itself was $5900 I believe and medications were about another $3000
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
They do thorough testing of both partners. I did not always get my test results however, and didn't know what certain things meant. They do a class before you start your cycle that was helpful. In the class they go over the different medications and how/where to inject. The office itself is very clean.
The doctor was great but sometimes it seemed like there was a lack of communication between me and the office. I think because they have so many patients.
They were very nice overall but were slow to respond on the clinics patient portal.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
He is a very straight forward doctor and some might interpret him as rude but he's just honest. He told me my chances of conceiving at the beginning of the process and didn't sugar coat anything. He did not do any of my monitoring scans except the last one but I felt like I could talk to him if needed, as he was always in the office. He did my egg retrieval but the other doctor he works with did my transfer, though he was in the room. I think he's a great doctor who has a lot of knowledge and experience to offer.
Have tough skin
The cycle itself was $5900 I believe and medications were about another $3000
We did not have our embryos genetically tested. Because of that he agreed to let us transfer two.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
[High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers'] Strength - Communicates very well when portal works. Appointments are always available. Weakness - Portal (only way of communication) is constantly down. If you work, plan to take off a lot and wait a couple hours for an an appointment.... 8,900 for IVF with ICIS and genetic testing, $400 for anesthesia, meds vary by age
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
He is a very knowledge doctor. I understand that he has many patients, but I felt that he didn't take enough notes because he did not remember things we had talked about before. But once I reminded him of things, he seemed to go with the flow and answer most of the questions I had.
Very nice and communicates very well.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
A lot of people say that he pushes IVF and most of the time there is something "wrong" with the husband's sperm. I didn't feel like he pushed anything. But at the same time, I did feel like IVF was the area he was most knowledgeable in. He won't talk money with you, if you have questions about finances or how to pay he will direct you to his other staff. Mostly my experience has been pleasant.
His bedside manner isn't the greatest. He does have a "know-it" all attitude, but don't take it personally. Wouldn't you want a doctor who is confident in what he does?
We were told that we would have an opinion on how many were transferred. But his goal is One Happy Healthy Baby.
Colorado Springs

Overall, the clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Center] offers affordable IVF. I know several people who have used them and have gotten pregnant. Communication is an area they could improve on, but like stated earlier, be your own advocate. ... All of the nurses were very kind and knowledgeable. I do think there were some breakdowns in communication. There were times I recieved conflicting advice.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
Overall, the clinic offers affordable IVF. I know several people who have used them and have gotten pregnant. Communication is an area they could improve on, but like stated earlier, be your own advocate.
They have a lot of patients, but they work hard to get you pregnant. You just have to be involved and ask questions. Don't assume anything.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli is a brilliant man, but does struggle to communicate at times. He can be rather Frank, which my husband liked but I struggled with. Overall, I was pleased with the care I was given, and I'm grateful to their team for helping us get pregnant.
Be familiar with the process and advocate for yourself if you don't think something is right. I feel my questioning helped keep things on track...my track.
I don't remember enough to speak knowledgeably. It was almost three years ago.
The cost was half of what we paid for our first round in another state. Even with travel and additional lab work (because we were out of state) we came out ahead.
He told us that he recommended transferring two, but I think he would have transferred one if that was our preference.
Colorado Springs

HQA Fertility as provided us with the help we needed to have our chance at pregnancy we wouldn’t otherwise have had. It has been a difficult journey and Dr. Magarelli and his wonderful, caring and supportive team have shown us nothing but care and enthusiastic support all along the way...They have been compassionate and caring this whole time. I feel very welcome here...It is a small place and see's many patients who sometimes take a while.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
They have been compassionate and caring this whole time. I feel very welcome here. There seems to be a lot of different roles that go into this and I see many new faces each visit. Maybe they could be a little clearer on wait times.
He delayed another meeting that he had to make sure that my husband and I felt comfortable with the information and understood everything.
I was always speaking with someone. Not sure if all of them were nurses but their medical staff seemed to really care about me.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Bring a book to the waiting room. It is a small place and see's many patients who sometimes take a while.
cheaper than any other clinic we researched
IVF, Embryo Freezing
Strengths it's affordable fertility clinic [HAQ Fertility] and they trulybwabt you to get pregnant. It's a more boutique experience, small and personal. Weakness it's in Colorado Springs which is a trek from Denver....[Cost of Treatment] It was a package and everything cost $9300. Meds were $5500. No hidden costs at all. It was great...Give the clinic and Dr. Magarelli a chance to impress you....I am getting ready for my 1st retrieval and right now in the process I am very happy with the level of communication, responsiveness and the treatment plan.
IVF, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
Strengths it's affordable fertility clinic and they trulybwabt you to get pregnant. It's a more boutique experience, small and personal. Weakness it's in Colorado Springs which is a trek from Denver.
So far it's been a great experience and he listened and understanding. He answered all my questions and showed compassion.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
I am getting ready for my 1st retrieval and right now in the process I am very happy with the level of communication, responsiveness and the treatment plan. My first appointment put me at ease and I felt I could ask any question and not be judged. I felt comfortable and that's been important.
Give the clinic and Dr. Magarelli a chance to impress you.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
She [nurse at High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers] was very nice and educational. Also told you information bluntly which I appreciated...The costs were less than everywhere else that we looked. $8,900 for full IVF...When I saw the team I always felt comfortable and welcome. I liked the online portal that they had. I got to ask questions at home and get instructions for taking my medication.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
They are a very nice team. Sometimes you have to wait longer than you might have wanted, but I think that's ok. When I saw the team I always felt comfortable and welcome. I liked the online portal that they had. I got to ask questions at home and get instructions for taking my medication.
He made us feel that we had a chance for conception after a few years of trying to conceive.
She was very nice and educational. Also told you information bluntly which I appreciated.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Every time we left his office we felt ready to continue this incredible journey. The following appointments were never a disappointment – all the staff has been very supportive and friendly. HQA fertility offers an online portal that is very helpful and useful. Nurses and staff are very prompt in responding to your questions or concerns.
He is compassionate but be prepared to hear answers you maybe were not expecting about yourself
The costs were less than everywhere else that we looked. $8,900 for full IVF
9 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic’s [High Quality Affordable Fertility Centers- CO Springs] staff are all very positive and informative. Getting a return phone call was sometimes difficult. I would often times be waiting for a return call that I thought was time sensitive due to medication needed to be taken by a certain time and would have to wait until the following day for a call back. I had the same issues with finding out the results of my pregnancy test after transfer.
9 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
The clinic’s staff are all very positive and informative. Getting a return phone call was sometimes difficult. I would often times be waiting for a return call that I thought was time sensitive due to medication needed to be taken by a certain time and would have to wait until the following day for a call back. I had the same issues with finding out the results of my pregnancy test after transfer.
I was always treated respectfully and appreciated the way he was upfront and honest about everything.
The nursing staff was all very professional, supportive, informative and positive.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr Magarelli took his time to explain all information and I felt he was trustworthy from the beginning when I first met him. He answered all questions my husband and I had and always showed compassion and understanding.
Be patient, this whole process takes time.
I do not remember specifics of protocols
$14,000 per IVF cycle including genetic embryo testing
The max amount he would transfer was 2 embryos due to the chance of them splitting. His motto is “one healthy baby”
Colorado Springs

One of the nurses [at Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center] gave me the wrong embryo report. I've also gotten confliting information about how many eggs were retrieved at my last retrieval. In my current cycle, they claimed they were going to call me on a specific day to report if my embryos had made it or died on day 6 but they never called...Don't expect to see him [Dr Paul Magarelli] often at all and don't expect someone that will ask how you are doing after a failed cycle and say they apologize.
Describe your experience with Magarelli Fertility.
The clinic looks a little run down and cheap. All the retrievals and transfers are done in a back room of the clinic. Their equipment doesn't seem too high quality either.
Felt like a human because they didn't talk about the money aspect too much and some of the nurses really cared for you and got to know you.
I saw one nurse almost all the time and she was great! Very compassionate and thorough
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli did not have good bedside manner. He was very blunt and did not show compassion. He seems to be knowledgable though.
Don't expect to see him often at all and don't expect someone that will ask how you are doing after a failed cycle and say they apologize.
He used the same protocol for almost of all his patients except for the dosages. For my 2nd IVF, we used the same medications just increased the dose and same exact protocol for the third.
It was a package deal not including medications.

3 IVF, Egg Freezing
The nurses [at Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center] NEVER knew what was going on with my cycle. Most days I was told to continue taking a medication that was not part of my protocol and had to remind them daily that I was not on that medication. It made me wonder if they were even looking at my chart.
3 IVF, Egg Freezing
The nurses NEVER knew what was going on with my cycle. Most days I was told to continue taking a medication that was not part of my protocol and had to remind them daily that I was not on that medication. It made me wonder if they were even looking at my chart.
They were rude. One could not properly pronounce many common terms and procedures. Everything just seemed disorganized.
How was your experience with Paul Magarelli at Magarelli Fertility?
Dr. Magarelli was okay, I didn't have a lot of interaction with him and I felt like his nurse practitioner was the driving force in many of the decisions.
Don't waste your time and money here!