Genetic counseling: Offered
Edina, MN 55435
651-222-6050
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates to a friend?

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
We qualified for the warranty program & also got a first responder discount [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates], as my husband is a police officer. We paid $15,000 up front, for 3 cycles...I've delt with quite a few nurses in our time here. Some are absolutely amazing & others left me questioning things. Thankfully I have the email & know the name of the head scheduling nurse & if I have any questions on anything, I touch base with her. She has been absolutely amazing & very helpful.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
If you have a question for a nurse, tell the front desk you need to leave a message for a nurse, don't ask for anyone in specific, unless they told you to. When I asked for someone in specific, I got some attitude from the front desk. I've since learned to ask it a different way. I brought this up to the head scheduling nurse & the issue was resolved.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. Jensen has amazing bedside manner & makes you feel like she is completely invested in you & getting positive results. Our results haven't been what she expected & I can feel her frustration that we aren't getting the results we wanted. She's just as invested in this as we are.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
How was your experience with Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. Jensen has a very bubbly personality & you can tell she really loves what she does. She gets to know us more everytime we see her & remembers things we discussed the next time, which helps us feel like more than a number. She is very knowledgeable & is able to explain things in an easy way for us to understand. She's available for questions at all times & is so accommodating. We are very happy with her & our experience with RMIA.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Be prepared for her strong, bubbly personality. It may come off as a lot at first, but she really is an amazing doctor that know what she's doing!
Describe the protocols Jani Jensen used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
We've done 3 single 5 day embryo transfers so far. None have taken & now we're prepping for an ERA cycle.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I did my monitoring off-site at a satellite clinic, since I live 2-1/2 hours from my clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We qualified for the warranty program & also got a first responder discount, as my husband is a police officer. We paid $15,000 up front, for 3 cycles.
Describe Jani Jensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Two has always been an option for us, but her main goal is a healthy pregnancy. We may switch to 2 embryos for the next transfer.
Woodbury

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [staff at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] are fantastic in all aspects! I was able to get my initial consultation scheduled right away. I had a phone conference with a lady who deals on the financial side of things to answer any questions I had before my meeting. She was able to go through all of our options with us and was able to answer every question we had...Nurses have been fantastic. They answer emails and messages within two hours and are so passionate about actually helping you get pregnant.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They are fantastic in all aspects! I was able to get my initial consultation scheduled right away. I had a phone conference with a lady who deals on the financial side of things to answer any questions I had before my meeting. She was able to go through all of our options with us and was able to answer every question we had.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
He was very good at explaining everything and making sure we understood every aspect of the process.
How was your experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
He was very thorough with all parts of the process. Very kind and explained everything as it was being done. He also made sure that not only I, but my husband, felt comfortable at all times. He is very gentle when he needs to be but very direct when he needs to be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
If you don’t agree with his advice, please let him know and/or take it. He knows what he is doing and only has your best interest in mind.
Describe the protocols Jacques Stassart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Started with birth control and other oral medications to prevent infection. Then after my baseline appointment I was able to stop birth control and started on menopur shots. Two days after starting, my body didn’t react as expected so my dose was upped from 3 to 5 vials. This STINGS by the way. After I got where I needed to be and eggies were looking good, we were able to take the lupron to prevent me from ovulating until I could take my trigger shot. I went down for my egg retrieval on a Thursday which worked out perfectly. I needed the weekend to recover as I got HOSS. We ended up doing an unplanned freeze all which was devastating at the time. I’m glad that he had us go that route though. Having pcos made my body over react to the medication and recovery time was pretty brutal for me. It took about a week and a half for my body to feel normal and my ovaries to get back to normal size. I was put on birth control and Now we are just waiting to hear from the doctor on when we can start our frozen transfer. I’m so thankful that we got 11 little embabies because I don’t think I could go through the retrieval procedure again. SO excited to start our frozen transfer and many prayers that the first one sticks!!!
They actually allowed me to do monitoring at an approved clinic a lot closer to where I lived. RMIA is 3.5 hours from my house and with the 8 monitoring sessions I needed, it was wonderful that they allowed me to use a clinic just 30 minutes from my house
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic offers multiple plans including financing for certain plans. It’s unfortunate that IVF is so expensive and Minnesota is a state that doesn’t offer infertility insurance coverage at all. That leaves no options or help for people that are/weren’t expecting to have such an unexpected expense that. especially one that can’t be controlled such as blocked tubes.
Woodbury

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.

IVF, Donor Eggs
There has been a 1000$ administrative cost [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates]...it feels more like a hotel lobby and that’s great...takes your mind off things for a while. The front desk could be better, most times we’ve been there, they kind of are rude about how busy they are. They’ll be on the phone and wave at you to wait, and then when they’re done, they’ll talk to each other for a while then get to you and it’s not the funnest thing in the world.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic has a great atmosphere, they have chocolate for you in the lobby so that’s fun. It’s not a tropical clinic waiting area, it feels more like a hotel lobby and that’s great...takes your mind off things for a while. The front desk could be better, most times we’ve been there, they kind of are rude about how busy they are. They’ll be on the phone and wave at you to wait, and then when they’re done, they’ll talk to each other for a while then get to you and it’s not the funnest thing in the world. The water dispenser could be a little more visible, you are bound to need to fill up for altra sounds so it would make sense to have the water dispenser not be tucked off in a corner. But I get that it wouldn’t go with the decor. The rooms in which you meet the doctor and nurses are pretty and calming. There are no children allowed at the clinic so as you plan your clinic visit, you should make arrangements for any children you might have in your care. There’s great parking space, so there’s no need to worry about that, and the clinic is easy to locate.
Dr. Jensen is warm and cheerful, she passes on information to me carefully and is patient with my questions, making sure my husband and I understand her before she leaves the room. She hasn’t set any wild expectations, and she hasn’t crushed our expectations either, I believe she has a happy balance between our excitement and the scientific research showing our odds for pregnancy through donor egg IVF. She has a great assistant who is prompt with communication and is also very cheerful, I only find this a bonus trait because the infertility journey can be sad and gloomy most of the way, so to work with a cheerful team that puts a smile on my face is a huge plus. We haven’t yet started the retrieval process and are still at the stage of taking prenatal vitamins and oral contraceptives, however so far, my husband and I are comfortable and happy with our team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Katisha Bishop)
Katisha has awesome spirit, she laughs as makes jokes and makes the process kind of fun, it’s definately nice to go see her. This is just really important when going through such a rough time with infertility - to not be sad and frustrated or uncomfortable with them team, but to actually enjoy your time with them. We are currently enjoying the visits we have with Katisha. She is great at getting back to us with important information, very timely and detailed. She listens to what it is we are looking for and she gives recommendations based on our needs and our journey.
My experience with Dr. Jensen has been great so far. She is always ready with a smile, which is helpful on the bad days. She explains medical theories with lay man terms for our understanding, and she gives great illustrations. She has been very accommodating of our situation; we are having my sister be our egg donor, my sister lives in a different country and Dr. Jensen has been able to re-arrange her schedule to meet with us, she availed is with medication specifications such that my sister could get her meds wherever she is, we definitely don’t feel like she is pushing us to or away from a specific angle with medication, as we have felt with other doctors. We are able to do our research on the treatments she recommends and when we discuss our concerns with her, she is very knowledgeable and isn’t caught offguard by any questions. I’ve had doctors in the past have to pull up a google page to look up what am asking and that’s not right. I feel that Dr. Jensen has taken the time to know us, she remembers that my sister is out of the country, that my sister has kids, and she makes us feel like she’s taken interest in our life generally, that’s very helpful because it portrays that she cares and isn’t coming in to see us with another patient’s history or accidentally referring to us as someone else...it’s happened at another clinic before. So yes, so far, happy with our doctor.
Do your research, have questions ready, because she will answer them all. Don’t feel intimidated by the process, be sure to bring up everything that’s going on because she will try her best to work around your circumstances, and make things work out. So be honest and put all your cards out there.
Our journey has just started with Dr. Jensen, so far my sister is on Yazmin the oral contraceptive, since she will be our egg donor, and I am taking my prenatals, and I am wearing an estrogen patch. We start on an actual cycle next month and I can be sure to update my review then.
There has been a 1000$ administrative cost We have talked to a psychologist for about 300$ We have had blood work done for myself, my husband and sister, which costs we haven’t gotten yet. My husband has had a demented analysis which cost we haven’t got. My sister’s Yazmin, and altrasounds too have some costs associated that we haven’t yet got. So far that’s all we have done.
We haven’t discussed this in detail yet, again, I shall update my review once we have gone through the full IVF cycle.
Woodbury

had a retrieval [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] where we retrieved 42 eggs. 29 mature eggs and 27 fertilized. 15 blastocysts frozen...I am under the warranty program...It is a cost of 15,000 dollars for the three cycle package. The monitoring wasn’t covered because I did that locally and the medicine wasn’t covered except for menopur which I bought for 4,000 dollars at RMIA...they communicate well, they allow monitoring locally, and they allow several types of payments. It does take a while to get in but once you are a patient the process keeps moving smoothly. I really have had a fantastic experience so I can’t find a weakness yet. I really feel like I made the right choice with my clinic and they treat me so well so I can’t sit here and try to find a weakness.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic strengths are that they communicate well, they allow monitoring locally, and they allow several types of payments. It does take a while to get in but once you are a patient the process keeps moving smoothly. I really have had a fantastic experience so I can’t find a weakness yet. I really feel like I made the right choice with my clinic and they treat me so well so I can’t sit here and try to find a weakness.
I felt like a human withDr. Stassart for many reasons. At our consultation he explained everything step by step for about an hour and really customized our protocol. We had a great outcome, better than we were expecting! After my retrieval where I got 42 eggs, I was in a lot of pain and Dr. Stassart came and found me even while he was busy doing transfers to make sure that I was alright and to ensure me that a freeze all cycle was going to be great and I would recover with time! After this, he called me on his vacation to personally see how I was recovering and to make sure I was ready to start me frozen embryo transfer. I cannot say enough good things about how human I have felt through this whole process, being as it is so mentally and physically and emotionally tough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
The whole staff at RMIA has been great so far. From the scheduling team, to payment team, to nursing team, to anesthesiologist team, to embryology team, to all the doctors and everyone else—they all have been great! They communicated well, and call me every day that I expected. They called when I was going through OHSS symptoms daily... to make sure I was progressing the right way. They truly care about your safety and not just about stats. The one time there was a miscommunication everyone was VERY apologetic.
As I said before, Dr. Stassart went out of his way to check on my well being even when I wasn’t planning to see him. My retrieval wasn’t with him but he came and found me after to make sure I was okay even though he was so busy. He calls on vacations and reassures you every step of the way. He is so well versed in IVF and his success rates are outstanding. He is the founder of RMIA but doesn’t act like a JUST the founder—he is really passionate about his patients. Not just about the money and success rates. What other doctor would take the time to call on his vacation and talk with a patient for an hour!
To understand that even though he may be part of the older generation of doctors, he is still up to date on all the research and customize the protocol to you and your partner.
I was on a menopur only protocol and started ganerilix halfway through my stimulation. I was on a high dose of menopur to start but my estrogen sky rocketed because I was a great responder so I went down to half the amount of menopur. I stimmes for 9 days and had a retrieval where we retrieved 42 eggs. 29 mature eggs and 27 fertilized. 15 blastocysts frozen. We switched to a freeze all before the retrieval so that my estrogen could come down and to avoid OHSS.
I am under the warranty program with Dr. Stassart. It is a cost of 15,000 dollars for the three cycle package. The monitoring wasn’t covered because I did that locally and the medicine wasn’t covered except for menopur which I bought for 4,000 dollars at RMIA.
Describe Jacques Stassart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart really insisted I do a single embryo transfer because of my age. He wants to keep me safe before trying to push the envelope with two embryos. You don’t know how well someone can carry one baby let alone two. He picks safety first, even though that’s not always what we want!
Woodbury

This clinic has friendly, competent doctors and friendly staff as well. They have 2 locations and the one that is closer for us, Edina, is frustratingly under-equipped. We chose RMIA - in part - because of the convenience of going to the Edina locaiton, but they seem to have very limited equipment, staff and hours for performing vital IVF check-up procedures at that location and they are always trying to get us to drive 4 times as far to their Woodbury location.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
She has extensively chatted with us every time we come in for a checkup or procedure. She seems to actively be investing in our fertility journey.
They struggled getting my wife's IV inserted when she went in for the egg retrieval. It took 2 nurses 4+ attempts and was difficult for my wife. They were very positive and seem to be invested in our hopes to get pregnant. Very friendly and sensitive.
Jani is a very positive person and balances that well with being candid and not artificially inflating our chances of success. She has been much better at relating to us and the frustrations associated with infertility than our previous doctor.
I would be sure to talk through all of the additional costs for the various medications - on top of the IVF or IUI fees. We weren't prepared for exactly how many drugs and how expensive they were.
We did one round of IUI using Menopur and a few other drugs along with timed intercourse. Since we had already tried IUI 4 times at our previous clinic, we were ready to move on to IVF. We used a combination of Menopur, Gonal-F and a few oral medications. We only were able to get one usable egg from the retrieval and we implanted it after 3 days. Still waiting to see if it takes.
$23,000 for a warranty program that allowed up to 3 IVF cycles and an 80% refund if not successful. This did not include all drugs and a program start fee of $2,000.
She gave us the statistics regarding eSET or transferring 2 embryos and we were hoping to transfer 2, but only had 1 usable egg from the retrieval.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Aside from how expensive fertility treatments are, this clinic [Reproductive Med & Infertility Associates] is a great place for treatment. The original intake does take a while so plan on a wait before your first appointment. But once you have a treatment plan it’s easy to make appointments and reschedule things. They also wash sperm at their facility and guarantee motility so we were able to use ICI vials for an IUI procedure.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Aside from how expensive fertility treatments are, this clinic is a great place for treatment. The original intake does take a while so plan on a wait before your first appointment. But once you have a treatment plan it’s easy to make appointments and reschedule things. They also wash sperm at their facility and guarantee motility so we were able to use ICI vials for an IUI procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
All the appointments went really quickly and it was other nurses who would do inseminations. We would only meet with Dr. Leonard when we needed to consult with positive or negative results and complications. But when we would meet with her she would provide us all our options in a respectful manner.
Their online intake packet is extensive and I think initially there was some confusion about what nurse was assigned to us. But if I had questions I could call that nurse directly and it was the same nurse doing the IUI procedures. They were all nice and helpful.
How was your experience with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. Leonard was always open to communication. She was aware of our financial situation and being in a LGBTQ+ relationship she was very competent and aware of resources and procedures available. She also works closely with our primary OB/GYN and they both would answer questions in regards to our treatments. Dr. Leonard was also compassionate when we had pregnancy loss and never pressured us to start trying again. She always let us pick our timelines of our procedures with what we felt comfortable with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Ask lots of questions. She’s brilliant but at times I wasn’t sure if she already expected patients to have fertility 101 knowledge under their belt because sometimes I’d have to go back because I didn’t understand everything. She wants her patients to get pregnant and use a method that fits within your means. Although we had pregnancy loss she never pressured IVF because she knows our financial barriers.
Describe the protocols Phoebe Leonard used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Due to my age and previous chemical pregnancy, Dr. Leonard didn’t waste time and prescribed Clomid right way for our first IUI. I would go back for blood work occasionally to monitor my progesterone levels and she also prescribed progesterone for my low levels. My first IUI was a negative pregnancy test. So the second IUI she increased the Clomid because I wasn’t producing enough follicles that she wanted. Then again with progesterone. This resulted in a positive pregnancy but unfortunately had a D&C because due to miscarriage around week 9.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
$3,000 each round of IUI (ultrasounds, blood work, monitoring, etc) $30 copay for Clomid each round $200 out of pocket for Ovidrel shot $10 copay for progesterone
Describe Phoebe Leonard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We did not use this procedure, so no comment.
Woodbury

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.

Clinic [RMIA-Woodbury] overall seems very well organized. They promptly return phone calls, including front office staff, schedulers and business office. They use secure emailing, which is a great and they use a patient portal to post the clinic notes that can be accessed at any time. Every staff member we've encountered has been friendly and compassionate.... Primary nurse and other nursing staff have been great. They promptly return all my phone calls and emails.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic overall seems very well organized. They promptly return phone calls, including front office staff, schedulers and business office. They use secure emailing, which is a great and they use a patient portal to post the clinic notes that can be accessed at any time. Every staff member we've encountered has been friendly and compassionate.
She tries to get to know us personally, not just our medical history or reason for treatment. She remembers personal details about us. She tries to tailor our treatment to our individual situation and preferences. She welcomes our thoughts and opinions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tawney ?Last name)
Primary nurse and other nursing staff have been great. They promptly return all my phone calls and emails. I love that the clinic uses secure email to communicate too. I work full time so this makes communication much easier. Nurses are very thorough in explaining directions and protocols. Our primary nurse also went through fertility treatment so she understands what we're going through.
Dr. Leonard tries to get to know us as individuals, not just another patient. She went through fertility treatment herself, so she is able to relate to her patients. She encouraged us to start treatment with IUI and didn't push IVF. She listens and is open to our thoughts and preferences. She is practical and doesn't seem to order a lot of unnecessary tests. She explains things thoroughly.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you understand everything
Clomid (5-7 days?, can't recall dose), Ovidrel to induce ovulation, then IUI with partner specimen. Clomid thinned my uterus too much. Only 1 follicle developed. Sperm count in specimen was also very low. Cycle was unsuccessful.
Our health insurance doesn't cover fertility treatment so most costs are incurred by us. Part of the office visits and part of some labs were covered, otherwise nothing else associated with IUI. Per the pricing sheet provided by the clinic, these are some of the costs of an IUI (not factoring in any insurance): Baseline ultrasound $255 Follicle study ultrasound $510/each Clinic visits $160 Insemination $437 Sperm prep $100 LH $83 Estradiol $375
Woodbury

The office [RMIA - Woodbury] is always clean and neat and they are welcoming when you walk in the door, one of the front desk girls always greets me with my first name and it’s just little touches like that that makes my choice to drive over an hour from my house to get there worth it. They get you in on time and out in a reasonable amount of time so you can move on with your day, only time I’ve had to wait is if I need lab work after my ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They work hard to schedule in accommodation with your needs but one negative I would say is the early before work appointments seem to fill up fast and with the nature of my work that can make it a little challenging. The office is always clean and neat and they are welcoming when you walk in the door, one of the front desk girls always greets me with my first name and it’s just little touches like that that makes my choice to drive over an hour from my house to get there worth it. They get you in on time and out in a reasonable amount of time so you can move on with your day, only time I’ve had to wait is if I need lab work after my ultrasounds.
We have actually only met with dr Leonard once at our intial consultation and for the follow up of our blood work, the rest of our treatment has been with the awesome nurses at RMIA. I felt at our first appointment with Dr. Leonard she was kind but also straight forward on what we needed to do in order for us to have the best chances at getting pregnant and finally having our rainbow baby.
Overall my experience with the nursing staff has been great, only one occasion (out of many appointments) can I recall that I felt the nurse didn’t review my chart enough before coming in for my appointment. They have all been very nice and treat with respect and my feelings with the highs and lows that come with this rollercoaster.
Dr. Leonard was very patient in answering all of my questions and with dealing with my extreme anxiety when it comes to medical procedures. She really broke down what I needed to understand about my body and my PCOS and what I needed to change in order to have the best chance of having a baby. She was frank in informing us that nothing was guaranteed but she was going to do her best at helping us get there. Again, we have only met with her the first couple of appointments for setting up the plan but they nurses are always informing me she reviews every time I am there and every step of the process.
Go into your meeting with her knowing she is going to be straight forward and honest and won’t sugar coat and get your hopes up. She very honest which I really appreciated.
I had a natural pregnancy previously that unfortunately ended in a miscarriage so Dr. Leonard wanted us to start with letrozole (preferred that over clomid for me due to my PCOS) and since I haven’t been ovulating on my own, did a ovidrel injection to induced ovulation. Along the way I had multiple ultrasounds to monitor the growth of my follicles. We did timed intercourse at home only for these three cycles. I did that for three cycles but they all ended with negative pregnancy tests. We moved on the the next phase of treatment which all starts the same way but instead of timed intercourse at home we just did our first IUI, too soon to know if it worked or not yet! She also had me do baby aspirin daily and increased folic acid supplement with my prenatal.
My insurance doesn’t cover my visits at RMIA so everything is out of pocket. I called around and did research and their costs are right in line with other clinics.
Woodbury

We communicated with several different nurses [at RMIA-Woodbury]. At times, some not knowing the full story about our procedures and even put wrong information on our medication protocol. If I would not have questioned the nurses, I would have taken medications that were not supposed to have been prescribed to me for some cycles. One of the nurses apologized saying that the information is auto-populated and they forgot to delete it when giving me my medication schedule. That caused me undue stress when this procedure is already so stressful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is cleanly and organized. The waiting rooms prior to the egg retrieval were quite small and separated by curtains only. This made it quite easy to hear the conversations of other patients and doctors. It was hard to hear other patients come out of egg retrieval and get more eggs then we did. I wish that this area would be more personal and private.
Jani acknowledged our pain when the cycles failed. She spoke with us about our treatments, but also asked about our lives in general.
We communicated with several different nurses. At times, some not knowing the full story about our procedures and even put wrong information on our medication protocol. If I would not have questioned the nurses, I would have taken medications that were not supposed to have been prescribed to me for some cycles. One of the nurses apologized saying that the information is auto-populated and they forgot to delete it when giving me my medication schedule. That caused me undue stress when this procedure is already so stressful.
Jani Jensen is a compassionate and intelligent doctor. She was open with us after each procedure did not go as planned, or failed completely. Having done 3 cycles of IVF without good results, I wish that the clinic would be more upfront ahead of time on some of the things that could go wrong. I appreciate the optimism, but it was so much more difficult when things did not go as planned.
Ask questions, she will tell you the answers. She will not make you feel uncomfortable for asking. She is caring.
The first 2 protocols used were the usual. I did not respond well to stims, and they needed to be increased greatly. After my second cycle it was noted that I have poor egg quality and another protocol was tried to increase the quality of my eggs. I cannot recall the name. Though it required more prep time. That cycle caused more eggs to be retrieved, but I got OHSS and my lining was not ready so we have to do a freeze all on day one in November, 2018 and wait to transfer January, 2019. Sadly, this did not seem to increase the quality of the eggs and we lost the majority of our embryos. None making it to freeze, outside of the 1-day freeze all that was done in November.
We did not do monitoring at this clinic as we live 1.5 hours from them. We did them at our local clinic instead and had results faxed.
We did the 3 cycle IVF warranty program which was approximately $30,000 for procedures only.
Our doctor, due to my age (just turned 40) elected to transfer multiple embryos, which is something we were comfortable with doing.
Woodbury

There was a sign on the door requesting no children in the clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates- Woodbury]. While it wouldn’t have bothered us , but we are almost 11 years out on this journey .our second son lived two months and babies used to be such a huge trigger for me. I thought that was a very considerate move by the clinic.... $19,160 ($15,860 IVF + $2,500 monitoring retainer for your retrieval + $800 monitoring retainer for your frozen transfer) Ferring Care program- If you do not have an insurance benefits for the stimulation medications (Menopur, Follistim or Gonal-F), you may purchase Menopur from RMIA at a reduced rate ($77/vial).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There was a sign on the door requesting no children in the clinic. While it wouldn’t have bothered us , but we are almost 11 years out on this journey .our second son lived two months and babies used to be such a huge trigger for me. I thought that was a very considerate move by the clinic.
This man is amazing . We have done preliminary labs, genetic samples, and met with him. He was so kind and detailed about what to expect. I am so comforted by his many years of experience. We also know another family currently pregnant who utilized this genius of a doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tawney )
She was so quick to respond to my questions. She was very professional and kind.
He is great at communicating, kind, and patient with myself and my husband. We have mutated pex genes and create terminal babies. He listened to our wishes and didn’t just dismiss things that I felt were important.
You will feel right at home. He made me feel like his own daughter at our first appointment. He made me feel like we were the focus of his entire day. It was great and not rushed.
We are still in the beginning phases. We have sent out samples for genetic testing to Natera. I just started birth control, aspirin, and 2000 unit QD if vit D.
Active now Amount due at program start : $19,160 ($15,860 IVF + $2,500 monitoring retainer for your retrieval + $800 monitoring retainer for your frozen transfer) Ferring Care program- If you do not have an insurance benefits for the stimulation medications (Menopur, Follistim or Gonal-F), you may purchase Menopur from RMIA at a reduced rate ($77/vial). The average cost is from $4,000-$6,500 depending on how much is needed. Please let me know if you have further questions regarding programs or prepayment requirements. Plus we will do the pgs and pgd .
My doctor advises one embryo to be transferred but since I have carried 3 pregnancies to full term & delivered my first child who was 9.5 lbs he feels that my uterus could support 2 embryos if that’s our wish. He said after pgs and pgd there will be an 80% chance of a live birth if we place one embryo & 90% chance of a live birth of one embryo if we place 2 after reviewing my history and all the testing our embryos will have done.
Woodbury

They [RMIA] had a great process [for monitoring appointments]. I did early morning or over the lunch hour appointments...Clinic is very modern. Different departments for different procedures. The colors are welcoming and decor was beautiful. The main office was spacious and rounded area. We were able to see other couples which was nice...The rooms were modern and clean. Everything was done at RMIA. I didn't have to go somewhere else to get the pregnancy blood test covered by insurance like at Midwest.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic is very modern. Different departments for different procedures. The colors are welcoming and decor was beautiful. The main office was spacious and rounded area. We were able to see other couples which was nice. At Midwest everyone would be staring at the floor, never making eye contact in that small, dark office space. Here at RMIA, patients would see each other so we felt less alone. The rooms were modern and clean. Everything was done at RMIA. I didn't have to go somewhere else to get the pregnancy blood test covered by insurance like at Midwest.
Dr. Leonard treated us so well. She asked us questions and listened. She is so smart and highly educated. Listening to our needs and challenges was so important. And she did that!
They were amazing! I was a signed to a nurse who I could email whenever. I forgot to mention- Midwest had NO email communication. That was the worst! You had to call in, leave a voice message, and someone would call you by end of day. So annoying. Dr Leonard's nurse was so nice too. Always helpful and smiling. So professional.
She is absolutely amazing! Intelligent, and modern with her medical approach. She would educate us. She read through our entire medical records. She was honest about transferring 1 or 2 embryos. She provided what the research was for success in IVF. No negative comments about her.
Go to RMIA and Dr. Leonard!!
I'm comparing to my med protocol to Midwest... RMIA added lovenox shots, baby aspirin, and prometrin vaginal inserts. At Midwest I had compounded inserts made- weird. I took prenatal plus 8 extra folic acid pills. I really can't remember the other meds. The basic IVF ones I suppose. She went by research studies and what seemed to be working for her patients as well as in the IVF world for unexplained infertility. She encouraged PGS testing and to only do frozen transfers.
They had a great process. I did early morning or over the lunch hour appointments.
Online- I can't remember without looking at records. It was more expensive than Midwest, but way better care. I wish I would have gone here when we started this journey in 2016!
She was focused on 1 PGS embryo at a time. First transfer resulted in a miscarriage due to a subchorionic hematoma. Second transfer she was out on maternity leave for the consultation, so her colleague at RMIA covered. That doctor advised transferring two. Dr Leonard did the transfer. We lost a twin but the other baby is thriving at 17 weeks pregnant.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The nursing staff [RMIA] were given clear protocols to follow, but communication among a large group of nurses was lacking and so details regarding my individual care were often missed. In one case, a miscommunication from one of my nurses regarding my medication resulted in me having to start that cycle over. It felt like the nurses were secretive about my long-term plan and only wanted to give me the minimal information needed to complete my protocol.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Besides CRM, RMIA is the top clinic in the Minnesota metropolitan area. They aren't perfect, but I would still go to them again if I decided on having a second child. Either that, or I would look to travel out of state for care.
Much of the care was pushed off to coordinators. Dr. Leonard was very competent, but not very warm.
The nursing staff were given clear protocols to follow, but communication among a large group of nurses was lacking and so details regarding my individual care were often missed. In one case, a miscommunication from one of my nurses regarding my medication resulted in me having to start that cycle over. It felt like the nurses were secretive about my long-term plan and only wanted to give me the minimal information needed to complete my protocol. Had I been given a complete overview from the beginning, it would have been easier for me to verify the instructions I received every week were correct for my individual needs. I also didn't have a coordinator, which I think would have been helpful. Some of the nurses were new and not very good, while others were experienced and excellent at what they do. It was really hit or miss and I had no control over this aspect of my care. Since no one person was serving as coordinator, I was also made to feel that I was more of a number than a patient.
Very competent, but so-so bedside manner. I wish she would have spent more time with me instead of pushing everything through staff coordinators, who were hit or miss. I did feel like I received competent care, but I didn't feel like she cared that much about me as a person.
She has an impressive background and she delivered results. However, I would consider also meeting with Dr Stassart at RMIA who has a reputation for genuinely connecting with clients and caring about their outcomes, beyond the initial diagnosis and treatment plan. If given the choice, I would work with her again, because I value competence.
At 40yrs old, I had a low chance of conceiving with my own eggs, but she was still willing to work with me if I wanted to go that route. Given the stats, I ultimately decided to use donor eggs, but I would have trusted her protocol with either course. She used empirical evidence and professional experience to inform her protocols. She also had access to a team of consultants at both the clinic and within a competitive academic setting. While I would have preferred she gave me more details of her rationale and plan instead of just implementing the plan via coordinators, her plan did ultimately result in a live singleton.
Very typical of other clinics. There was the cost of meds, the cost of care with RMIA, and then the cost of donor eggs and sperm. I paid everything upfront, so I can't comment on whether they allow for delayed payment. They were very clear about charges upfront and I didn't have any unexpected costs.
I didn't want to risk having multiples, so I opted for a single transfer. She also recommend a single transfer due to higher risks associated with giving birth to multiples.
Woodbury

The clinic [RMIA] is clean and is expanding. I really enjoyed people up at the front Because they called me by name. I especially liked the phlebotomists. There was coffee and drinks. The bathrooms were clean. I liked how I never had to wait long to be taken in for my appointments.... I thought the nurses were mostly good. However, I felt like I had to be extra nice Becaise I called a lot and asked a lot of questions and didn’t want to be a pest.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is clean and is expanding. I really enjoyed people up at the front Because they called me by name. I especially liked the phlebotomists. There was coffee and drinks. The bathrooms were clean. I liked how I never had to wait long to be taken in for my appointments.
I was done. I was so done trying to get pregnant after my second failed pregnancy - my second d&c. But because I bought into the warranty program, I had one more cycle left. I was miserable. I was beyond angry. I felt defeated. My husband was already living in Seattle. But, I knew I needed to push myself through the motions and complete the third cycle. At my consultation before my third and final cycle was to begin, Dr Stassart surprisingly went through all three pages of typed questions I had written to him. I wrote the questions and sent them off, almost positive De Stassart would t read my questions. But, he did - and so much more. He not only answered all my questions and gave me a new protocol. He also delivered hope - something I lost after the second d&c. But In the consultation room, I sat alone crying, defeated. He told me, there is no guarantee this new protocol will work. I’m fact, it may be worse. But, if for some reason this final retrieval and transfer fail, I will give you a fourth and final transfer without fee. This promise - this act of kindness - gave me the strength to help me muster the faith needed to get through one more round of treatment - one in which I basically went through alone because I was in Minnesota and my husband was in Seattle, WA. I can only help but think that in that moment, seeing me alone and crying, allowed him to feel a bit of my pain and offer another round of treatment that would otherwise cost thousands.
I thought the nurses were mostly good. However, I felt like I had to be extra nice Becaise I called a lot and asked a lot of questions and didn’t want to be a pest. The service here though was 100x better than at my last clinic, CRM
Please see my last narrative about why and how Dr Stassart treatment me like a human being, rather than just a number. The only things I wished: Inwished I got to see more of Dr Stassart. He did all three of my transfers but I had nurses for all my visits and I had different doctors for my retrieval’s.
Listen to what he has to say, but don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself.
I stimmed with only menopur. I used close to 300 vials of menopur. For the final treatment, I was on the Sher protocol.
The warranty program was about 22k. I had to pay for medicine. I also had to pay for the trial transfer and saline sonogram, Including disgnostic testing.
Dr. Stassart preferred only transferring one embryo but I fought for two.
Woodbury

They [the staff at RMIA] were very informative with the whole process. The IVF seminar they presented included a lot of information and four different people within the clinic to answer questions. They did a great job then giving us information, but every other interaction left us feeling like we were just a source of income to them.... The nurse sent us someone else’s consent form at one point. We never did get a call about our test results. Labs had to be drawn two different times because they didn’t order one of them. They called in birth control three times for me and zero times for my wife. We had to request that they call again and be precise with the first name as ours are similar.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They were very informative with the whole process. The IVF seminar they presented included a lot of information and four different people within the clinic to answer questions. They did a great job then giving us information, but every other interaction left us feeling like we were just a source of income to them.
We were not at all a priority when calling to get information. Lab results took two weeks to get back and we had to request them twice to get them. When the nurse sent us the results, she sent only the numbers. She didn’t explain what the levels meant or what was the desired range. I had to google that information to find out that I have a severely diminished ovarian reserve for my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jenell)
She was extremely bad at communicating. Never returned phone calls, emails required several attempts and were met with excuses and blame-shifting.
She was critical of the first fertility doctor we saw, saying that wasn’t going to win any congeniality awards. But she did say she trusted his medicine. I’m not sure if she assumed we needed less explanation because we had seen another doctor already, but she certainly didn’t offer up more details unless we asked (lucky for us we had an idea of what types of questions to ask).
Do your research on your own and be patient because they’re not in any hurry to answer your questions or respond to emails or voicemails.
We didn’t go through any cycles with Dr. Leonard. She ordered labs drawn immediately for each of us and then day 3 labs. We had to request the results after two weeks of no word from the clinic, and when they finally sent them there was no explanation of what the numbers meant. She wanted to do another genetic test and schedule a follow up two weeks later. We are going to cancel the follow up and go back to our previous doctor (my wife is writing a glowing review for him).
$9200 up front for IVF, total cost $22k-$25k, not including meds.
She made sure to emphasize that their goal wasn’t as many babies as possible. It was one healthy baby. They wanted successful births, not necessarily high numbers.
Woodbury

This clinic [RMIA- Edina] is split between two locations which are extremely far apart from each other. One is in Minneapolis and the other in St. Paul. One would think the two locations would actually be more convenient for those who live on the other side of town. Unfortunately, the two clinics have the same nurses and doctors and the staff is forced to commute back and forth between them. This means that making an appointment for something simple like blood work or an ultrasound is actually difficult if you are not flexible with the hours that you can come in.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
This clinic is very clean, quiet and comfortable. There is usually no wait to see a nurse or for treatment and the nurses are fast and reliable. Someone is always available to answer the phone and I felt that communication was very quick. However, this clinic is split between two locations which are extremely far apart from each other. One is in Minneapolis and the other in St. Paul. One would think the two locations would actually be more convenient for those who live on the other side of town. Unfortunately, the two clinics have the same nurses and doctors and the staff is forced to commute back and forth between them. This means that making an appointment for something simple like blood work or an ultrasound is actually difficult if you are not flexible with the hours that you can come in. I found myself driving over an hour just to get a blood draw or to have a baseline ultrasound because one clinic would be closed or the nurse I needed to see was not available at that location on that day. With IUI being extremely dependent on where you are in your cycle, there is not much room for flexibility and driving back and forth while working a full-time job was extremely stressful for me. Furthermore, IUIs were only performed at the clinic farthest away from me on the days I needed to have my procedure so I ended up actually driving to the farther clinic 75% of the time. I initially went with Dr. Jensen because of the two doctors at RMIA, she was the one available in the closer location. But, in the end I drove farther so it was not worth it. Overall, this clinic has the basics you would look for in a fertility clinic, but it's lacking in customer service, patient communication, and personalized treatment.
When I came to the clinic, I saw a new nurse every time I was there. I never had a chance to build a relationship with any person that made me feel as though my treatment was customized or personal in any way. It felt like a cattle call -- like I was a room of many women just going through the motions of the same procedures with no real reasoning or feedback throughout treatment.
Many of the nurses I met with were incredibly kind, warm, and informative about the process. However, many other nurses were cold, direct, and impersonal. Some nurses would ask for me to record my own measurements during ultrasounds which I found to be odd and uncomfortable. Although I had many nurses I truly liked working with, I never felt a connection or close to any one in particular because I saw a different nurse each time I went. I never felt that I had a specific contact to reach out to or that anyone could answer my questions directly.
After my initial consultation with Dr. Jensen I felt confident that she knew what she was doing and that there was a real chance that IUI would work for us. However, as treatment progressed, I never heard from Dr. Jensen (only via email in a templated letter that stated the same thing every cycle). I felt after each IUI I was never given feedback about my progress or my cycle and reasoning for increasing my clomid dosage. I felt like just another person on her list of patients to review each month and that my treatment was not at all tailored to my personal situation.
Ask every single question you can think of at your consultation. This is literally the only time you will ever have a conversation with your actual doctor so even small questions like diet, exercise, be sure to ask her up front because she will not be available to meet with you after your consultation. Be prepared to work only with your nurses and to be in charge of your own treatment. Ask LOTS of questions every time you visit the clinic and make sure you understand what is happening each time you go. Barely any information is ever given at appointments so if you are unsure of something you need to be sure you ask -- the nurses will not provide you with any more than the bare minimum unless you ask. This clinic loves to do a blood draw even if you have a negative pregnancy test so be prepared to pay for your beta test every, single, cycle regardless of the outcome.
When I met with Dr. Jensen, I had already had all of the basic workup done for my infertility diagnosis by my OB-GYN. My blood work, HSG, pap results, and even my husband's semen analysis had all been provided to Dr. Jensen prior to my appointment and all results led to an unexplained infertility diagnosis. While meeting with her, I asked if further testing could be done or would be required, and I was told that no further testing would be needed and that moving on to treatment was my best option as I had a 3% chance of conceiving naturally each month at this point. The overall strategy from Dr. Jensen was to try three medicated cycles of IUI with HCG Trigger shot before moving on to IVF. The first cycle, I was prescribed 50 milligrams of Clomid for 5 days beginning on cycle day 5, with ultrasound on cycle day 10. After analyzing the size of my two follicles, I was then instructed to use the trigger shot on day 13 and come back for IUI on day 14. This cycle was unsuccessful and on day 28 I came in for a beta test to confirm negative results. I was told everything looked normal and to try again for IUI #2. The next cycle I was told to follow the same steps as the previous cycle. When I came in for my baseline ultrasound on day 10, I was told that I had one cyst and one follicle that was almost ready. I did the trigger shot on day 13 and came in day 14 for IUI when I was told the cyst was actually just a small follicle that never matured fully but that the other follicle was adequate in size. This was another unsuccessful cycle and my beta test on day 28 confirmed the negative results. The next cycle I was told to follow the same steps as before, but my Clomid dosage was increased from 50 milligrams to 100. On day 10 I was told that I did in fact have a cyst (not a small follicle as previously determined), but also had a very large follicle that was ready to go. My body was naturally surging on its own, so I triggered that night and came back on day 12 for IUI. This was another unsuccessful cycle. I was then told to come back for round 4 of IUI with another increase of clomid to 150 milligrams. It was at this point that I decided to stop coming back to RMIA. I was initially told by Dr. Jensen that after three failed IUIs, the likelihood that more attempts would work decreased dramatically. So, I was very confused when I received yet another, templated letter from the doctor stating to try again with just an increase in medication. I felt extremely frustrated that in 3 months I hadn't had any face time with my doctor and even after the strategy we had mapped out was complete, I still got no further feedback from her and the reasoning for another attempt was extremely unclear.
I only went to Dr. Jensen for IUI. Overall, I felt that her pricing was steep compared to others I had spoken to. Each aspect of treatment was priced differently, but overall for insemination, blood work, ultrasounds, each cycle totaled to about $1,200. Medications were separate from this cost. This is higher than I have heard others have paid ($800), and I did always feel pressured to have blood work done even if I knew I was not pregnant (negative pregnancy test on day 28 of my cycle, or spotting). This cost me almost $300 each time I had blood drawn, and I felt that was a cost that could have been cut if the clinic had personalized my treatment more, or had been more aware of saving their patients money.
Edina

For the most part, we've been happy with our clinic [RMIA-Edina] and haven't had many complaints until recently. We had no problems during our IUIs or getting IVF scheduled, but post-egg retrieval communication in trying to schedule our FET has been spotty at best... Because I was in rough shape on the day of egg retrieval (right ovary was in significant pain), they canceled my fresh transfer and put me on birth control. And while there was a delay in getting our PGS results back (over 3 weeks post-egg retrieval), we had to wait another week for our post-IVF consultation and almost had to wait another week to talk to scheduling about our FET.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
For the most part, we've been happy with our clinic and haven't had many complaints until recently. We had no problems during our IUIs or getting IVF scheduled, but post-egg retrieval communication in trying to schedule our FET has been spotty at best.
Dr. Jensen is very personable. She cares about you as a patient and truly wants to help you achieve a successful pregnancy. She takes the time to sit down and have conversations about the intricate details of infertility, procedures, and anticipated results.
The nursing staff has been hit or miss. Some are great - very thorough, communicative, empathic. And others are just okay.
We've really enjoyed having Dr. Jensen as our RE. She is very personable and truly cares about her patients. She has been open and honest about each step in the process - detailing information on infertility, procedures, and the anticipated results.
For each of our 4 IUIs, we did 5 days of Clomid 50mg, taking each dose at night in-between days 3-7 and a single insemination taking place around CD 12-15. While we had 3-4 large follicles and good sperm counts, none of these resulted in a positive pregnancy test. In-between IUIs 2 and 3, we had to wait for cysts to go away and I was on birth control for 40 days. After failed IUI 4, we moved to IVF. I took birth control for a month before starting stims including a week of Estrace. This was followed by a week of Ganirelix due to high estrogen. I started stims (2 vials of Menopur and 75iu of Follistim daily in the morning). A week in, I dropped Follistim and added Ganirelix at night. For a trigger, I used both a Lupron and an HCG trigger. 48 hours later, 13 eggs were retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to blast, and 3 were tested normal.
If embryos are PGS tested as normal, they recommend one embryo transfer.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Getting to know the patients is definitely a strength at RMIA. From the support staff to the lab to the nurses and doctors, I felt a sense of belonging and comfort. This was a wonderful feeling to have in the midst of something that can feel very lonely.... I saw the nurses and assistants more than anyone and, just like Dr. Leonard, they made me feel incredibly comfortable. Their responses via phone and email were fast and their commitment to me as a patient was so authentic.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I was always greeted by name at RMIA which was immediately different than previous experiences where I, not only felt like a number but, was a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney, Joni, Ferneatress)
Dr. Leonard is like no other. I've never felt more comfortable in such an uncomfortable and stressful situation. She's incredibly intelligent and professional yet personable with perfect balance. It was often easy to forget she was my doctor because it sometimes felt like she was sitting on my side of the table as a friend. I will miss Dr. Leonard and her staff.
Trust her - it's on her mind just as much as it is on yours.
FIRST: Antagonist Protocol- total dose of FSH of 6+0 for 14 days, preceded by pre-treatment with BC pills and high dose GnRH agonist. 4 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 fertilized & transferred (negative) SECOND: Birth control and Co-Flare Cycle - 8400 IU of FSH, trigger 10K HCG on day 14 2 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized & transferred - Negative THIRD: No birth control! 7425 IU of FSH, trigger was 10K HCG on day 12. E2 day of trigger was 2368 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized – 2 transferred day 5 (one blastocyst and one morula) Remaining embryos did not develop past morula stage Negative
We did a warranty program for $28K that refunded 80% after three failed cycles. Each cycle was about $10K extra in medication so that was an additional $30K.
She was very objective and all decisions were mutual.

IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Everything with this clinic [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] went very smoothly all the way up through our transfer. Scheduling was easy and they often were able to get me in for ultrasounds when we showed up early for our appts. I do wish we had more updates on our embryos as they were growing.... We did a cost warranty program that cost $19,500. It included up to three fresh cycles and unlimited frozen cycles in a year.
IUI, 1 IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Everything with this clinic went very smoothly all the way up through our transfer. Scheduling was easy and they often were able to get me in for ultrasounds when we showed up early for our appts. I do wish we had more updates on our embryos as they were growing.
During the first appointment she spent quite a bit of time just getting to know us. She asked about our families, our occupations, and what our hopes were for our family someday. She talked a lot on the phone and in writing with our previous Dr in order to really get to know us and our situation.
Most of the nurses were great! Very friendly and willing to answer any questions we had.
She was so nice and very informative. She made sure my husband understood every step as he doesn’t know much about medical information, which made him feel very comfortable. She even talked about farming with him! She made sure to listen to and answer every question we had. And when things didn’t turn out as planned, she personally called me to talk about our negative results and express her feelings of sadness with us. She seemed just as disappointed as we were. She is very knowledgeable, but does also ask for advice from her colleagues as well so that we can have the best possible outcome.
Don’t be nervous for your first appointment! Your nerves will be put to rest the minute she walks in the room! She is very nice and has a bubbly personality!
I was put on birth control pills until starting the cycle. We did 3 vials of menopur and 275 units of follistim. After our first scan they increased the dosage of follistim to 375 units. There was concern at one point that I had developed a dominant follicle, but they gave me an opportunity to return after the weekend to see how things had progressed. My next scan was great! I cycled for 12 days as I had slow growing follicles. We ended up with 10 eggs and 6 of them were mature. This was the number we were hoping for.
We did a cost warranty program that cost $19,500. It included up to three fresh cycles and unlimited frozen cycles in a year. Medications and ultrasounds were not included in this price.
Dr. Jensen follows the guidelines with embryo transfer. She did offer elective single embryo transfer if we preferred. We went with whatever recommendations she had based on the guidelines.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I had a primary nurse for 3 cycles but for the second one I have no clue who that was. I saw different staff [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] pretty much everytime I was there for all cycles. Some were nice, some were more distant.... Also getting my medication ordered was always a struggle, it takes awhile to get the med. getting that done so I didn't have to stress was important to me but I was usually stressed trying to get things last minute.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Coming in, do your research. Make sure they tell you what you want to know. If you did a test you should get the results good or bad. I only got my bad results. They ultimately seem to care and want to be successful but just know, with this or any clinics, no matter the success rate, because you may want to be pregnant and have that bundle of baby more than anything, it's about your body (and hubs) and how it reacts. I didn't always like the business office staff-- I've paid everything but if I was a little late it didn't see a bill it was an issue. Also submitting to insurance, I had to ask itto be done..because I had to pre pay. I do have some...minimal but some coverage and a couple hundred dollars is a big deal to me. I also didn't like that the money was sent to the clinic for my pre paid procedure and then they deducted what they wanted from that.
He took the time to meet with me and tell me not to give up hope.
I had a primary nurse for 3 cycles but for the second one I have no clue who that was. I saw different staff pretty much everytime I was there for all cycles. Some were nice, some were more distant. To be clear I'm not a super open person so this is on me as well. The staff does this everyday and I feel like thought I should just know things which I didn't and sometimes didn't know enough to ask. Eg. needed a different bc for frozen vs fresh. Or not talking me about how to use new drugs-- I'm not a nurse, mixing meds and giving shots is not a normal thing for me. Also getting my medication ordered was always a struggle, it takes awhile to get the med. getting that done so I didn't have to stress was important to me but I was usually stressed trying to get things last minute. The answer was there's always the 1 pharmacy in downtown that you can go to... Yes but I have ZERO coverage if it's not through the specialty mail order And that pharmacy doesn't carry everything. Also I felt like they would tell me the minimal amount possible despite asking questions there was no elaborations or reassurances or warnings... It was often very 'flat'
Jacques wants his patients to get pregnant but he doesn't make choices for you. He will inform and answer questions but not make your decisions. He will take the time to explain and answer questions but what is lacking, on occasion, is giving a full picture of everything going on, meaning if I'm not informed enough to ask I might not know something I probably should in terms of treatments, risks, or expectations. I don't have a lot of money and he was also good about telling me what tests he'd recommend vs is probably 'extra' and based on my beliefs probably wouldn't change what I do or could cause me to do the wrong thing...eg testing embryos could result in terminating a healthy embryo.
Be informed and all questions. Do research, read blogs, and ask about it all.
Doses of Folistim were very heavy--doses increased because of my reaction to it. I can't remember the protocol used but I believe it was his own. First cycle 3 eggs result 3 3 day embryos that looked high quality. No pregnancy. Sending cycle 6 eggs, 5 embryos. 2 transferred, miscarriage around 9/10 weeks. Frozen transfer, first attempt cancelled, uterus wasn't thickening, medication used this cycle. 2 attempt natural, transferred remaining 3. Miscarriage at a few weeks.
$9000 for fresh but then add all the monitoring on to of that.
It was my choice. My situation it makes sense for multiple.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Our experience with RMIA and Dr. Leonard was wonderful. They always greet you and they take chances on their patients. We didn’t qualify for the warranty program anywhere else, but under the approval of Dr. Stassart they made an exception for us. They were confident they had what it took to make us be successful, yet were willing to take most of the financial risk so that we had a chance at having a baby.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Great clinic. Like that it’s not huge and you don’t just feel like a number. Like that they offer early morning appointments for lab and ultrasound and that you actually are able to schedule a time! Very easy to call and get questions answered with nursing!
Nursing staff was great. They are all wonderful. You aren’t assigned a single nurse at this clinic. However, it’s small enough that you get to know them all very well so it’s not a big deal.
Dr. Leonard is extremely compassionate about what she does and it shows. She takes the time to explain everything in detail. She is very honest, and communicates sometimes difficult information in a very compassionate manner.
She has great bedside manner!
We were extremely fortunate that Dr. Stassart allowed us into the warranty program. We paid $23,000 plus meds for program. Had we not been successful, we would have been refunded $18,000. Can’t put a pricetag on a baby, but we were so grateful that they gave us a chance to be part of the warranty program after other clinics had denied us. Thank you so much RMIA! Had you not allowed us to enter the warranty program, we would have had to stop our fertility journey and wouldn’t have had our precious babies!
Woodbury

I did injections for egg retrieval with blood work and ultrasounds [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates]. They were very helpful in allowing me to do satellite care closer to where I live/work so it was very convenient for my schedule and job. They adjusted things as necessary and had us come back at one point to do an extra ultrasound when things weren't matching up to what they had expected. Any time I had a question they would be happy to explain/answer.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We REALLY appreciated the free IVF seminar that we attended. This definitely helped us realize we are not alone in this process. We were amazed at how many people were at the seminar. Attending this really helped us solidify our decision. They really find a plan that works for each couple/person and what their individual situation is. The atmosphere is comfortable and the staff is always very friendly.
I felt like she took the time to sit with us an we never felt rushed, we felt like we were the only ones at that moment - not that she had to rush off. She was very honest about what to expect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tarah)
They were all very helpful and always quick to get back to me. I really appreciated the quick email replies. I work at a job where taking/making calls can't always be confidential and so the emails were great!
I felt very comfortable with her at every visit, we could laugh and joke and felt like an individual not just the next person coming through. She was very relaxed and seemed very positive about our situation.
All personalities are different, everyone just has to find the right DR for them and Dr Leonard was the right one for us - it was a great fit!!!!
I did injections for egg retrieval with blood work and ultrasounds. They were very helpful in allowing me to do satellite care closer to where I live/work so it was very convenient for my schedule and job. They adjusted things as necessary and had us come back at one point to do an extra ultrasound when things weren't matching up to what they had expected. Any time I had a question they would be happy to explain/answer.
We did a warranty plan - so there was a base price but we had to follow certain protocol and agree to certain terms of our care. We were very pleased with all of this and the warranty program is partially why we chose the clinic.
Woodbury

The Woodbury clinic [RMIA] is updated, clean, comfortable, great location. The recovery room is a bit tight and didn't care to be separated from other patients by I curtain but we weren't there too long. Again, we did our monitoring at home so we weren't at the clinic but a few times. They have an ultrasound machine that shows everything on a big screen... We had one very poor experience with an oncall nurse. I was told to "figure it out". Other than that the nurses we very helpful and detailed. The process can be very confusing and with the cost of it and your emotions on overload its very stressful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The Woodbury clinic is updated, clean, comfortable, great location. The recovery room is a bit tight and didn't care to be separated from other patients by I curtain but we weren't there too long. Again, we did our monitoring at home so we weren't at the clinic but a few times. They have an ultrasound machine that shows everything on a big screen so you can see your baby instead of a tiny blob on a 6x6 screen.
We did out monitoring close to home so I only saw Dr. Leonard 3-4 times. I don't expect her to remember me when I am not physically there.
We had one very poor experience with an oncall nurse. I was told to "figure it out". Other than that the nurses we very helpful and detailed. The process can be very confusing and with the cost of it and your emotions on overload its very stressful. The team is great about giving you clear instructions verbally and written.
She took the time to talk with us and answer questions. She did not speak over our heads. While going through the process I was disappointing that I didn't see her more but looking back at, off hormones, it I am ok with it. She wasn't always prompt for her appointments. I would/will go back to her again.
Go into meetings prepared with questions and take notes. It's a lot to take in no matter what doctor you are seeing. Give yourself time.
I started on birth control to regulate cycle. Was then put on menopur for 10 days. They were hoping to reduce my dosage of menopur after 3 days but ended up having to use 6 vials each day. I had ultrasounds every other day and blood work each day. I administered one shot of lupron and the HCG on day ten. 12 follicles retrieved, 7 embryos created, transferred 1 on day 5 led to no pregnancy, one embryo was frozen and transferred 2 months later for a birth of a healthy baby boy. Was also on baby asprin, vitatmins, and antibiotics.
$19,500 100% refund if didn't work after 3 cycles. Monitoring and medications were extra.
I wanted to transfer two however she mentioned with twins in our families she was nervous about 3 babies. We opted to transfer one after that discussion.
Woodbury

The clinic [Reproductive Med & Infertility Associates] is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.... I was so nice that I was able to go to a clinic closer to home for monitoring. Woodbury is 3 hours from home and the clinic I was able to get monitored at was only an hour away. It just made the whole process a bit easier.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.
Dr. really looked into my lab results along with ultrasounds to make a sound decision on what I personally needed to have a successful IVF treatment. That's how I feel I was truly treated like a human! And it all worked beautifully. I have a wonderful baby girl!
Everyone for the most part was very sweet and friendly. Most everyone was great to work with. Beth seemed a little rough around the edges. I'm sure she meant well. Just wasn't as nice as the others.
Dr. Stassart was very thorough in everything he did. He made us feel confident he knew what he was doing and that IVF would work for us! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone with infertility. He's personal able, kind and wonderful at what he does. We had infertility clinics there were closer to us be we chose he based on personality and success rate!
Put your faith in him because he can make miracles happen!
I took 4 vials of Menopur per shot for the first 4 days and then 3 vials per day thereafter. I took 1/2 tablet dexamethasone at bedtime. I took Flagyl and doxycycline as well. I was prescribed Leuprolide acetate generic to Lupron. Ganirelix Acetate x3. Novarel was my HCG shot. I started Endometrin the day after my embryo transfer. I did that 3 times a day. (54 tablets in total I took). Instead of the "shot in the butt".
The procedures, lab test, everything done at RMIA not including any medication was $21,945. This is something our insurance didn't cover.
My Dr. really only wanted to do a single embryo transfer. But I pushed for 2. I really wanted to increase my chances. And I am so glad I did. They put 2 in and only one worked. Which one... who knows. But it worked!!!
Woodbury

Clean clinic [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it...They [nurses] were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients...The warranty program was approximately $24,500 not including medications or PGS. Medications were an additional $3500 per cycle. Warranty included 3 cycles and retrievals but we only needed 2.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean clinic facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it.
I Did not see the doctor often, but when I did he gave me adequate attention and was very warm.
They were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients.
He seemed very experienced and gave me a lot of information about my treatment including studies to read on my own. He was warm and encouraging but very professional. He met with me twice to discuss my treatment plan and performed the embryo transfers. Another doctor performed the egg retrievals.
Have a list of all your questions ready at your first visit. You likely will not see him again until embryo transfer.
The first treatment I did resulted in only a few poor quality eggs. Dr. Stassart then changed my treatment plan drastically for the next round and the result was 8 high quality eggs followed by 5 high quality embryos. We used 1 and froze the other 4. The treatment that worked was longer and involved a lot more shots than the first round. Dr. Stassart explained that he usually did not start with this protocol because it was so complicated, but that it was very effective.
Woodbury

I thought that the clinic itself [RMIA] was fine - no complaints, really. It had a welcoming lobby with friendly receptionists. Also, there were snacks, coffee and water that you could enjoy while waiting. All of our appointments were on time and went as scheduled. The exam/procedure rooms were clean and comfortable and didn't have that "hospital/sterile feel".... We did not work a primary nurse - which would have been extremely beneficial in our situation (
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I thought that the clinic itself was fine - no complaints, really. It had a welcoming lobby with friendly receptionists. Also, there were snacks, coffee and water that you could enjoy while waiting. All of our appointments were on time and went as scheduled. The exam/procedure rooms were clean and comfortable and didn't have that "hospital/sterile feel".
In our initial phone consult, she stated that she does what she does because she wants to help couples who deserve to be parents become parents.
We did not work a primary nurse - which would have been extremely beneficial in our situation (as we live 4 hours away from the clinic - so we did A LOT of phone communication). If I did have an issue or a question, I felt like I always had to re-explain my situation to every new person I spoke with. On our day of transfer, there was one nurse specifically - Stacey who was WONDERFUL. So calm, accommodating and sweet. Exactly what you need when you're undergoing fertility treatment. Also, the front desk staff were great.
Strengths: intelligent, good reputation, she came highly recommended, sweet, good sense of humor, able to explain things in lay terms. Weaknesses: we had to undergo our treatments from a location 4 hours away from our home - so we only saw our doctor 3 times. Every other communication or order was given to us in a phone call from the nurses - the problem with that is things throughout the process weren’t always explained to what we were expecting. (ie: why did you change my med dose? What does it mean that my estrogen level is what it is? Etc) As a nurse myself....I always wanted to know what and why. She did explain all of these things to us thoroughly after our completed (failed) IVF round, which was appreciated, but I didn’t like feeling like I was just going through the motions throughout the treatment not quite understanding numbers and changes made. It was very hard undergoing tm from far away. I do not recommend.
Do your research before you start. Don’t rush into it. Explain to your Doctor how you prefer to be informed. Ask all the questions.
Dr. Leonard had me stimulate with Follistim. She carefully monitored my labs to make sure my body was responding correctly. She did have to increase my dosage to get my Estrogen levels to respond as she was anticipating. Then, due to that increase, my Estrogen levels did peak very high - I had to supplement with Carbergoline for 2 weeks to prevent OHSS. My stimulation resulted in 23 mature follicles (by ultrasound). Dr. Leonard was able to retrieve 13 mature and size-specific follicles. We then waited for a phone call to tell us if we had to return at 3 or 5 days after fertilization for a fresh transfer.
The baseline cost for IVF with ICSI was $8,800 and we had to pay for that up front. That did not include the monitoring, medications or lab fees.
She explained that the risks for producing multiples are higher with IVF even with a single embryo transfer and there aren't exact reasonings for why. She encouraged us to only transfer one embryo, because I was under 35 and "healthy"
Woodbury

We had the most incredible nursing staff [at RMIA]. The compassion and empathy expressed by all of them was second to none. They get to share in some of the happiest days of people's lives and some of the saddest, and I could tell that they just genuinely shared our sadness and our happiness! They were also instrumental in keeping us uplifted and focusing on the positive in each situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The lobby was very peaceful, nice design and artwork, music, coffee and Dove chocolate! The procedure rooms were also nicely laid out, I felt like the flow was very efficient for both the retrieval and transfer procedures.
Dr. Stassart was so very thorough, but always explained things in an easy to understand manner, made sure we understood the process at every step, and took the time to answer all of our questions. His compassion through the whole process was incredible. We experienced two miscarriages with our first two rounds of IVF due to common genetic abnormalities. He called each time to express his condolences, and kept a positive attitude for future success. It helped us stay positive through the whole process.
We had the most incredible nursing staff. The compassion and empathy expressed by all of them was second to none. They get to share in some of the happiest days of people's lives and some of the saddest, and I could tell that they just genuinely shared our sadness and our happiness! They were also instrumental in keeping us uplifted and focusing on the positive in each situation.
I was incredibly impressed with Dr. Stassart. He had us talk to a genetic counselor to help us understand the miscarriages we experienced with our first two rounds of IVF, and that these genetic abnormalities can occur with IVF, just as they do with regular pregnancies. For our third round, he did talk to us about trying a slightly different protocol to possibly help decrease the risk of a maternal trisomy, and we decided to try that protocol, which ended up leading to our successful pregnancy and birth of our son. We recently attended a reunion that RMIA puts on for their patients and we got to see Dr. Stassart again and introduce him to our son. He said that after our success with the protocol, he has used it with other patients in similar situations. It was great to see all of the little miracles getting to meet the doctor that made it all possible. We felt like we knew the plan all along the way, when we would expect to meet with Dr. Stassart and when we would be treated by his colleagues. I honestly can't think of one time where I felt I wasn't getting the best treatment and the best, most considerate care.
Dr. Stassart does have an accent, but he speaks slowly and will reiterate any points by writing things down and drawing diagrams/pictures. Do not hesitate to ask him to repeat himself as needed, he is more than happy to!
It is hard to remember all the exact details, but we did use Menopur and Ganirelix (sp?) with each cycle, along with a variety of other oral meds to take at certain times before and after the retrieval and transfer. Menopur was used to stimulate the follicles with the hope of getting as many mature follicles at retrieval. However, that counteracts the natural development of the uterus lining which is needed to support the embryo after transfer, so many of the other medications given were to help the uterine lining develop and just have the most ideal conditions for the embryo to attach and develop. They kept a close eye on everything and tweaked things as needed. For example, with my third round, my follicles were developing as well, so we did a couple extra days of menopur in hopes of not having to cancel the cycle. We were so happy that those couple extra days worked and led to a successful pregnancy and birth.
We did the warranty program, $24,500 for three rounds of IVF. It is a gamble, if the first round is successful, you pay more than you would for just one round. But if the first round isn't successful, it is definitely worth it. The medication costs were all separate, but they did have a program for purchasing Menopur that was very helpful during my third round.
Dr. Stassart showed us their recommended transfer, based on age, egg quality, etc., and discussed the science behind the recommendations. At my age, the recommendation was to transfer 2, with the hope of a singleton. First round, transferred two, one took, but we had a miscarriage due to genetic abnormality. Second round, transferred two, both took, but we had a miscarriage due to genetic abnormalities (different from each other and different from the first). Third round, transferred two and one took and resulted in a healthy baby. I completely trusted Dr. Stassart's recommendations with each round, and I felt like he took into account all of the data available from the previous rounds in making his recommendations.

4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
RMIA was, hands down, the best clinic for us. All of the nurses and doctors made us feel as if they were on our "journey" along with us! They cried with us when we had disappointing cycles, and cheered from the mountaintops when we finally became pregnant!... I can't recall off-hand, but I feel like IVF rounds with our own eggs was about $15K. I "think" the last round, with donor eggs, was something like $28K.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart gave my husband and me HOPE when a doctor at another clinic had flatly given up on us. Dr. Stassart explained *all* of our options in a truly kind and dignified manner, instead of cherry-picking regimens as the other doctor had done. Dr. Stassart did not sugarcoat things--we were fully informed of the odds regarding our outcome--and yet he did so in a gentle, human way that gave us HOPE for our future as parents.
I cried with the nurses caring for me...they truly, sincerely cared for both my husband and myself, and wanted us to get pregnant just as much (if not more!) than we did!
We simply cannot adequately explain how thankful we are that we found Dr. Stassart. He is warm, kind, and gentle...I only wish all doctors had his bedside manner! In the emotional whirlwind that comes with the infertility journey, it's reassuring to have a calm, knowledgeable, KIND doctor on your side that's looking out for your best interests.
Bring a pen and paper to your first meeting...Dr. Stassart knows his stuff and you'll want to glean every tidbit of information you can from him!
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
The clinic [RMIA] seems to be well organized and supportive of current patients. My only negative rating refers to the time before we started the treatment when we were looking for a diagnosis and potential answers. We got this attitude from the scheduling and business reps, as well as from the NP who initially saw us. We had requested an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart who had been highly recommend to us, but we felt prevented from accessing him by the scheduling staff who assigned us to the NP in spite of repeated requests.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic seems to be well organized and supportive of current patients. My only negative rating refers to the time before we started the treatment when we were looking for a diagnosis and potential answers. We got this attitude from the scheduling and business reps, as well as from the NP who initially saw us. We had requested an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart who had been highly recommend to us, but we felt prevented from accessing him by the scheduling staff who assigned us to the NP in spite of repeated requests.
Dr. Stassart and the nurses we saw while in treatment were very warm, kind and personable. However, before we got to the treatment stage, we had had a very difficult time getting an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart to discuss a potential infertility diagnosis that we were initially unsure about. We could not get through to Dr. Stassart, the clinic scheduling reps kept telling us we needed to schedule treatment appointments when we were at first just looking for answers about what, if any infertility issues existed. We felt pressured to decide starting treatment before we were sure that this was the way to go. We could only get an appointment with a NP who coldly and bluntly confirmed an infertility diagnosis that we would have wanted to hear from a doctor. From that perspective, we felt like numbers and that this was mainly a business transaction. After we started the treatment, we felt more warmth and compassion from the staff.
Once we started the treatment, everyone was wonderful to us, from front desk people, to business reps, to nurses. Before we started the treatment, we felt treated coldly by the scheduling and business reps, and by a the NP who diagnosed the male infertility issue.
Dr. Stassart had a very warm approach. He explained the procedures clearly and compassionately. We were impressed with how personable and modest he was. He was correct in his methods, and we were successful on our first try. We are very grateful to Dr. Stassart for our miracle baby!
Getting started with appointments may be difficult, but once you’re in the door, you can expect a high quality service from Dr. Stassart and his team.
We saw Dr. Stassart due to male infertility issues. He explained the Icsi procedure and estimated that based on my medical history and age, the process should be successful with one embryo transfer. He was correct. We achieved pregnancy from yhour first try, and had a healthy baby.
Costs were higher than expected.
Based on my good medical record and relatively young age, Dr. Stassart estimated we would only need one embryo to be successful, and he was correct. We full trusted him and went with his recommendation.

Other, Unexplained
The entire team [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing...Strengths - the buildings were beautiful, the team was great, they fit me in relatively quickly once our records were transferred, they went through how to do injections and mix syringes well, and they answered the phone and responded to my questions at any time of day and night (when necessary). Cons - sometimes the instructions were confusing, so I mistakenly took a Ganirelix right on day 1, which was NOT right.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
He spent so much time going over the entire process, all the pills and injections and history of IVF. He spoke with us for over an hour.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Not sure if I was assigned one, but Melissa in Edina was my primary nurse. I LOVED her.)
The entire team was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing. Melissa was the one who called me with the news and I will never forget that. She was incredible. She gave me a hug during the process, met my mother who accompanied me sometimes. She was great.
He got us a baby. That is by far the most important thing. He gave us pretty good odds of conception, especially with the transfer of 2 embryos (which he tried to discourage us from doing since we have UI and this was our first IVF cycle, but we did anyway). I just didn't like that after our transfer, those 65ish% odds went down to 50/55%.
Be ready to become a parent.
I'm sorry, I don't recall all of the drugs used or how much. I did a high dosage Menopur and Follistim cycle, triggered with Novarel. I took 2 oral medications, as well. I only did progesterone suppositories for the first 6 weeks. No PIO. Took 2 ganirelix acetate.
They had time frames to be seen for different monitoring, like after pregnancy and before the IVF procedure. Like I said, I was seen in Edina for these. Most of my appointments were done before work (like 6:30 or 7am), which was amazing and meant I didn't have to miss any work. For others, I sometimes did them over the lunch hour. It was great! Plus, I'd walk in and the receptionist knew me and I'd be seen right away.
Most of it was covered by my insurance, thankfully. I know that ICSI was $800, and we did that. The cost of IVF was about $9,000, I believe. And worth every cent.
Doctor definitely wanted us to do the eSET because of the risks associated with a multiples pregnancy. We still did multiple embryo transfer, but had a singleton pregnancy.
Woodbury

Everything about this clinic was wonderful. From scheduling and communication, to getting a clear understanding of my care, I couldn't be happier. RMIA also does a yearly event where you can bring your kids and meet with the doctor and some of his/her staff.... The whole team i worked with at their two locations were wonderful. Very friendly, informative, and kind. I always was seen quickly, felt confident about my care, and felt like a priority. Whenever I called in, my calls were returned within the hour.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart was amazing, I had just come from a bad experience at a different clinic and not only was he extremely helpful and thorough in his explanations, but he made me feel very positive for the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney, Joni, Nancy- all were great)
Dr. Stassart has a number of strengths, he's very personable, which was important to me as this process is very emotionally and physically taxing. His loooong experience within the field along with his ability to explain everything very thoroughly gave me hope. (A positive outlook goes a long way considering the stress infertility causes). I never once doubted his direction and he always took a lot of time to make sure my husband and I truly understood everything.
His clinic is not for everyone. Dr. Stassart's clinic offers a guarantee finance program, which means based on your age you pay a certain amount for up to three egg retrials and all of the transfers that go along with created embryos. If they do not result in a live pregnancy +30 days, you get a high percentage of your money back. This means not all patients will be excepted to this clinic for services.
I had a smaller egg retrieval my first cycle. Only 9 mature eggs that only resulted in 2 day five embryos. Two embryos were transferred with only one of the embryos being of top quality. This resulted in a negative pregnancy. My second egg retrieval only had very minor medication changes, but resulted in 26 mature eggs and 11 top quality embryos. The fresh transfer of two embryos resulted in a blighted ovum miscarriage (the D&C results indicated due to a chromosomal abnormality). 9 embryos were then frozen. The 3rd transfer included 2 frozen embryos and resulted in a twin pregnancy.
I did the guarantee program as a 36 year old, so that meant it was about $20,000
This doctor always recommended the transfer of two embryos.
Woodbury

At the Woodbury location [or RMIA] there are a few different entrances. Make sure you know which one you are supposed to go to! For our consultstion appt we had to wait quite a while for the dr to come to our room. We sat in a little conference room around a round table for our first visit. We did the IVF seminar that they offer and found it to be extremely valuable. It is mostly about how to pay for IVF and the different options. If that is the route you are taking definitely attend one of these or meet up with someone in the business ofdice
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
At the Woodbury location there are a few different entrances. Make sure you know which one you are supposed to go to! For our consultstion appt we had to wait quite a while for the dr to come to our room. We sat in a little conference room around a round table for our first visit. We did the IVF seminar that they offer and found it to be extremely valuable. It is mostly about how to pay for IVF and the different options. If that is the route you are taking definitely attend one of these or meet up with someone in the business ofdice
Dr. Leonard was very personable. She asked question not only about our fertility history but also about us in general to get to know us better.
She took the time to explain things to us in detail and at our level. She made sure all or questions were answered and that we truly understood the process. There were times when she had to explain things to us a couple of times, and she did so without being frustrated. It was as if she understood the difficulties of this process and realized there’s a lot of information coming at you all at once.
Advocate for yourself!! You know yourself best. You know what works for you and what doesn’t. Your thoughts matter. YOU are in charge of your care despite not being the doctor. If you don’t like or agree with something speak up! At the same time listen to what she has to say and make an educated decision.
Dr. Leonard told us she prefers to transfer only one embryo due to the increased risk with multiples. However, she did state she can not make us only transfer one and if we wanted multiples transferred that ultimately it was our decision. She made sure we understood risks/benefits

IUI, 2 IVF
I liked that this clinic [RMIA-Woodbury] was smaller than others we had gone to informative meetings about. We were able to be seen fairly quickly and got the process rolling quickly. I think their website is lacking and hard to find information on but everyone is very willing to help answer any questions along the way.... We chose the clinics warranty plan. It was well worth our money especially since it included the stim meds and I needed 8 vials for a few days!
IUI, 2 IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I liked that this clinic was smaller than others we had gone to informative meetings about. We were able to be seen fairly quickly and got the process rolling quickly. I think their website is lacking and hard to find information on but everyone is very willing to help answer any questions along the way.
She listened to our concerns and made us feel like she cared and had a good understanding of my medical background.
You see and deal with the nurses more than the doctors while you are being monitored. All the nurses were amazing!!
During my first cycle, I did not respond to the meds as expected. While disappointing for me and having to play catch up near the end (taking 7-8 vials a day) to grow eggs- Dr. Leonard made sure that the 2nd cycle was done differently and really made sure that we could be as successful as possible.
She is very matter of fact but I feel with IVF treatments it’s important to not be given false hope. She was positive from the beginning about my case but also told us not to waste our money continuing to pursue IUI treatments (which we were hoping too). She explained her reasoning and why she thought it would be a waste of our time and financial resources.
Woodbury

The clinic [RMIA- Woodbury] runs well. The staff were are very friendly. The financial portion of the experience is explained and handled well. I ran into a small discrepancy with my bill only once, and it was resolved quickly and without issue.... Friendly, professional, knowledgeable. The clinic runs very efficiently, and I credit the nursing and administrative staff. The nurses were prepared for all of my appointments and procedures. They answered all of my questions, and I had a lot of them. They took excellent care of me following procedures. They responded promptly to calls with questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic runs well. The staff were are very friendly. The financial portion of the experience is explained and handled well. I ran into a small discrepancy with my bill only once, and it was resolved quickly and without issue.
I felt she talked to me and treated me like a human. She asked questions and shared her own personal stories.
She was honest and explained all of our options to conceive. She made her recommendations, listened to what we wanted, and we proceeded. We now realize we should have listened to her sooner, as our children would be a couple years older now if we had!
Listen to her suggestions
She recommended IVF, said we were really good candidates. My problem was ovulation; I had plenty of eggs. But we didn't want to go that route right away, so we tried chlomid, letrozole, IUI, and finally IVF/FET. FET is what finally worked for us.
I don't know if it's fair to say, but the costs for the procedures (specifically IVF) was much lower than I was expecting.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was excellent! They always called with results promptly and had great bedside manner in delivering the news, good or bad. They answered all questions...The costs were average with what IVF/iui costs in MN...The clinic was well maintained and everyone was really helpful. They don’t have a 24/7 on call nursing line but during the day you can leave a message and someone will call you back within 2 hours. They delivered messages well and gave detailed instructions on next steps.they were all very helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic was well maintained and everyone was really helpful. They don’t have a 24/7 on call nursing line but during the day you can leave a message and someone will call you back within 2 hours. They delivered messages well and gave detailed instructions on next steps.they were all very helpful. Xxzzxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxzxxxxx
She took the time to get to know us personally. Asked questions about our lives and remembered things we had talked about at previous appointments. She always had all of our paperwork with her and always was informative and allowed us to ask questions along the way.
The nursing staff was excellent! They always called with results promptly and had great bedside manner in delivering the news, good or bad. They answered all questions.
She is warm and caring but also extremely smart and knows her stuff. She was patient as we asked questions. We never felt rushed or as if she didn’t have time for us. She was understanding about how hard this was after my second miscarriage.
Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to tell her you’ve heard of something or done your own research. She will be honest and let you know if that applies to your situation or not.
The costs were average with what IVF/iui costs in MN. We had excellent insurance overage though so we didn’t have to pay much at all for our 8 rounds of IUI.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clerical staff [Reproductive Med & Infertility Associates] at the front desk are very nice and warm which is what every woman wants walking into the clinic. Their financial team is super helpful and knowledgeable. Their facility is beautiful. Their staff is knowledgeable. My only complaint is that the nurses and doctors could be a little warmer and understanding of just how scary this experience is for families. They may do this every day and think of it as normal, but for us, we are totally frightened!!
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clerical staff at the front desk are very nice and warm which is what every woman wants walking into the clinic. Their financial team is super helpful and knowledgeable. Their facility is beautiful. Their staff is knowledgeable. My only complaint is that the nurses and doctors could be a little warmer and understanding of just how scary this experience is for families. They may do this every day and think of it as normal, but for us, we are totally frightened!!!
She didn't take a lot of time to talk to us and she was very discouraging when we suggested using a family members eggs. However, when we did get to talk to her, she was very knowledgeable.
We didn't always have the same nurse but they were nice. They were kind and warm for the most part.
She is very smart and knowledgeable, and is good at explaining what's going on. She is lacking some of the warmth that comes with bedside interactions. When women are in that clinic, they need warm, kind, sweet interactions because they are so scared!
Ask lots of questions and stick to your guts.
We did 2 retrieval and transfers of embryos from my eggs. We used injections before and after retrieval. My eggs were weak and not able to create strong embryos. The 3rd cycle we used donor eggs and had success.
So expensive. Infertility treatments are not affordable for a family like mine. We both work good jobs as a teacher and engineer but it is no where near affordable. Every tiny thing costs a fortune.
We transferred 2 every time per the doctor's advice.
Woodbury

The clinic [RMIA- Woodbury] was very organized. Every employee, from the front desk receptionist to the financial manager was very helpful, friendly and professional. Everyone we came into contact with was very sensitive to our situation and did not treat us like just a number.... I live out of state and did monitoring with my local OB. RIMA was great at contacting my home clinic if results were not forwarded to them in a timely manner. I was slightly apprehensive about doing monitoring at a different clinic but it actually was a pretty seamless and simple process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic was very organized. Every employee, from the front desk receptionist to the financial manager was very helpful, friendly and professional. Everyone we came into contact with was very sensitive to our situation and did not treat us like just a number.
Dr. Stassert sat down with us for quite a while and explained the entire IVF process in great detail. He was kind and patient and answered all of our questions.
All nurses we encountered at the clinic were great! Caring, compassionate and professional.
We had a great experience with Dr. Stassart. He made the process and simple as possible and we had a great outcome on our very first cycle with him. He explained everything thoroughly and answered all of our questions.
I would recommend choosing Dr. Stassart if a prospective patient is choosing between multiple providers.
I do not remember specific protocols.
I think the cost of 1 round of IVF in 2016 was about 24,000 total, including meds. We did the risk sharing plan, which gave me great peace of mind throughout the process. Knowing I would get my money back if IVF was not successful was a huge weight off my shoulders.

2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
A strength of this clinic [RMIA] is that they have a Birthday party every year for the families that have achieved pregnancy with them. We love attending!...The nurses we also very empathetic. They made you feel like they knew what you were going through....He [Dr Stassart] may take a little longer to get an appointment with initially, but that's only because he SO good at what he does! Trust him! He knows what he's doing!!...He was very empathetic. I truly felt like he wanted me to achieve pregnancy.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
A strength of this clinic is that they have a Birthday party every year for the families that have achieved pregnancy with them. We love attending! The other strength is that Dr Stassart works there :)
Dr Stassart would say "If you were my daughter..." a lot. He was very empathetic. I truly felt like he wanted me to achieve pregnancy.
I would (and have) recommend Dr Stassart to anyone and everyone going through fertility issues. He kept my hope alive after each cycle that didn't work. I felt like giving up, but he changed things each cycle to help me believe that this cycle would work. I am extremely grateful to him for not giving up on me and working so hard to help me become a mom.
He may take a little longer to get an appointment with initially, but that's only because he SO good at what he does! Trust him! He knows what he's doing!!
By my 5 (and 6th) cycles, Dr Stassart literally threw the book at me. He could t understand why it wasn't working. He said he didn't think I would need certain meds, but he gave them to me anyways, just to cover all the bases. On my 5th cycle I received my first positive. Unfortunately that ended in miscarriage. My 6th cycle I was pregnant with twins and lost one. I am thankful that he did everything he did for me!

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] has made me feel very comfortable. My only comment would be I wish the experienced nurses could have performed my IUI, but the way my body reacted to the medication would not allow for that to happen...Two of my IUI were changed last minute because of the way my body reacted to medication. Which meant I had to go to Woodbury instead of Edina for the procedure. Both times they couldn’t find my husbands paperwork. Not a big issue to me at all
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The Edina clinic could use a revamp. The Woodbury clinic seems newer, but the procedure room is very small. However, I do like how they have a tv on the wall to watch my ultrasound procedure. Can’t see anything at the Edina location.
When we met when Jani, she throughly explained herself. She even drew examples for us which was very helpful!
The nursing staff has made me feel very comfortable. My only comment would be I wish the experienced nurses could have performed my IUI, but the way my body reacted to the medication would not allow for that to happen.
Our consultation with Jani was great. However, I was surprised she wasn’t the one that performed my IUI’s. After my first IUI once I built “relationships” with the nurses, I felt more comfortable with the actual IUI procedure.
Be patient - this takes time and the actual plan you set with them may change depending on how your body reacts to the medication.
Each IUI consisted of 5 days of clomid (100mg). Then an ovidril shot 1-2days before procedure. Then a progesterone suppository 2 times a day after the IUI procedure until I go in for blood work
Unfortunately I do not have my bills with me. However, my insurance does assist up to IUI’s.
Not at this time.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Warm, inviting, very clean. Calming environment. Staff [Repro Med & Infertility Associates] is friendly, helpful, and truly care. Comfortable and welcoming. Offer coffee, water, while you wait. Take care of you. Strengths: clean, inviting, warm and friendly staff there to help make it the most comfortable experience.... [nursing staff] Kind, sincere, caring, helpful. Answered any questions we had. Explained everything that was going to happen. Compassionate about what they do.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Warm, inviting, very clean. Calming environment. Staff is friendly, helpful, and truly care. Comfortable and welcoming. Offer coffee, water, while you wait. Take care of you. Strengths: clean, inviting, warm and friendly staff there to help make it the most comfortable experience.
Very kind, warm, caring. Great bed side manner. Really wanted to help us. Sincere. Waited to go on a trip so he could do our embryo transfer!
He is warm, caring, truly wants to help. Explains everything throughly and in a way we understand. Available to answer any questions. Overall wonderful doctor. We felt comfortable and at ease. Is honest, positive and open.
He truly cares and wants to help.
10 days of menopur and ganirelix. Lupron and pregnyl trigger shots. Practice transfer and sonohystogram before treatment. Retrieval, embryo transfer. All due to endometriosis and blocked tubes.
Fully trusted his plan and knew we were in good hands when doing single embryo transfer.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
They had set hours for each of the things they did [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates]. I had no problem with appointments...we never felt like a number. We were always greeted warmly and treated kindly by everyone from receptionists, lab technicians, embryologists, nurses, and doctors. I found it to be a warm place. Even though it was a touch journey, we were supported through it all.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
At RMIA, we never felt like a number. We were always greeted warmly and treated kindly by everyone from receptionists, lab technicians, embryologists, nurses, and doctors. I found it to be a warm place. Even though it was a touch journey, we were supported through it all.
She was very kind and very honest. She knew us and remembered things about us I didn't expect.
Patient, kind, answered all my calls and questions and normalized how I was feeling.
Dr Leonard listened to us, followed our case closely, was very communicative, and was very kind. I felt like she was just as disappointed as we were when things didn't work out. She had a great deal of compassion about our losses. She was very determined.
Go in with your questions written down so you don't forget anything. She will answer most before you ask them and she will be very patient if you have more. I never felt rushed.
I don't remember the specific protocol. But she was responsive to how my labs and ultrasounds looked and changed things as needed and explained why.
They had set hours for each of the things they did. I had no problem with appointments.
Woodbury

I have consistently worked with the same nurse the last few IVF cycles. She is wonderful, we typically communicate through email (which is easiest for me and my preference). She always responds quickly. ... The hope warranty program [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Assoc] was $28,000 in 2018 for me ... The warranty programs available are amazing. ... I 100% recommend this clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I have nothing negative to say about this clinic. They helped me have my daughter, I hope they can help me have more babies. I always suggest or recommend them to friends having issues conceiving. The warranty options are amazing. I 100% recommend this clinic.
Dr. Stassart is great, I had previously seen a local doctor for my IUI cycles and she always stressed me out. I never once have felt stressed under Dr. Stassarts care. I feel completely confident in his abilities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Beth )
Dr. Stassart is a great doctor, I 100% trust him and his knowledge. I did get pregnant from IVF with my daughter in 2015. We have done 2 cycles in 2018 that have failed & we have 1 more round under the warranty program. I am confident that he will do everything he can to help me get pregnant. The warranty programs available are amazing. I couldn’t ask for a better doctor.
You won’t regret choosing him as a doctor and trust his plans.
The hope warranty program was $28,000 in 2018 for me.
He didn’t have a strong preference. He did warn me about the risk of multiples. My husband and I have always transferred 2 embryos. I was pretty positive I wanted to transfer 2 regardless and my husband and I were on the same page.
Woodbury

The clinic [RMIA] has an easy, fast system for IUI that allows for cycles while working your job without having to take a lot of time off. The clinic offers earlier hours for ultrasounds, which allowed be to stop on my way to work....The nursing staff tried everything to get the IUI to go perfectly. When it didn't work well, they quickly made alternative plans to ensure we didn't waste money on a cancelled IUI....It was just under $6,000 for 3 rounds of IUI
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic has an easy, fast system for IUI that allows for cycles while working your job without having to take a lot of time off. The clinic offers earlier hours for ultrasounds, which allowed be to stop on my way to work.
Dr. Jensen went above and beyond when the actual IUI procedure didn't go as planned.
The nursing staff tried everything to get the IUI to go perfectly. When it didn't work well, they quickly made alternative plans to ensure we didn't waste money on a cancelled IUI. The problems that were encountered were due to the damage caused by my cancer treatments.
Dr. Jensen did a mock IUI to be sure it was possible before we started treatment. I am a cervical cancer survivor so there is a lot of damage to the little cervix that I have left. When the nurses couldn't perform the IUI, Dr. Jensen performed it and all of the cycles after that.
I can't think of anything.
50 mg Clomid, 250 ug/0.5 ml ovidrel, 200 mg progesterone 2 x daily... all 3 rounds... all BFN
It was just under $6,000 for 3 rounds of IUI with no coverage under insurance.
We are hoping to do IVF this year. My doctor had a strong opinion about limiting the number of embryos due to my extremely shortened cervix, which agrees with my oncologist and MFMs.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Clinic was conveniently located, it had multiple locations to get labs done. Compassionate staff, Comfortable care. High standard in protocols. Quality equipment.Very professional, we will go back to them if required in our journey of building the family. ... Appointment follow ups, reminders would have helped. Time to return the call was high, and would have been better if it was quick as the entire process is time senstive.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr.Stassart was very helpful making us understand the entire process and did not hesitate to answer to the detailed level of our ask.
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. It would have helped better if the nurses could take the calls on priority and get the answers quicker to relieve my stress on timelines of meds intake.
Bear with the nursing staff and do not expect that there will reminders on the process. Do you homework on all the expectations and process timelines for better outcome.
Doctor had a strong preference to single transfer since it was a first time and it turned positvely for us. I appreciate his input on single transfer and helping us not risk on multiples.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Clean facility, warm and inviting, private/confidential. Spacious. Staff knows you by first name. Never feel like a stranger in the company of RMIA employees. Easy to navigate to. Parking is adequate to size of clinic.... All the nursing staff made themselves available to questions and concerns. Quite timely with communication.... The care we received was top-notch, staff were always available during this process to answer questions and provide clarification. They were always accommodating to our needs.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Wonderful, understanding man with a sensitivity to the many years my husband and I struggled through our infertility journey. He was upfront, honest, and a no non-sense man who was there to ensure a viable pregnancy would be the end result.
You will be in great hands. He has many years of experience with high success rates. He is not one for casual conversation, but ultimately there to make your dream of becoming a parent come to fruition. He is honest and tender when discussing the hardship that comes with infertility struggles. He has a way of easing your mind with potential reservations to starting the IVF process.
Monitored in my home town. Not in Woodbury. Communication between sites was great.
25,000+
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates] had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.... The nurses were amazing too! They were so compassionate and when I was worried about anything, they reassured me whether it be over the phone or in person. They were even there for a hug when I needed it too.
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.
Dr.Stassart was so caring and kind. He would call me personally and when we had a lot of challenges, called and met with us in person to create a plan to help us. He gave us his confidence and prayers and hope.
His care, compassion, hope and expertise was a huge gift to us. He really knows what he is doing and does it with care. After a long journey, he gave us continued hope, and he was right, we we blessed with 3 beautiful children!
Infertility is so hard, praying for everyone in their journey. Where there is a will, there is a way!
We did the HOPE program, I had a very speicific medication and injections routine (can't remember names and dosages).
We did the HOPE program that included three full cycles or your money back.
We did both. He was clear about the success rates based on our situation and gave his recommendation but ultimately gave us the say in what happened.

2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately...The clinic was very organized and had clear protocols. They made appointments easy to schedule and results were easily accessible. The beginning process seemed to take longer than expected, but that could have been due to our excitement to start the process. We were able to order medication through the clinic, but thought it would be nice to have more selection through other vendors.
2013
European, South Asian
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart always knew personal information and used our names throughout the process like he had known us for years. He was kind and very genuine.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately.
Dr Stassart was always very welcoming and made us feel comfortable asking any questions we had. Each visit he would make sure we understood the procedures before we left and always had an open door/phone for us if anything else came up. He is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
If you were to see Dr. Stassart, the only advice I would have is to make a referral. He was great and I recommended him to multiple friends and family.
It was around $24,000 and at least $5,000-6,000 for medication.

2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
I felt they [the clinic staff] all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome... While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.
2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
All members of the staff treated me as a patient, from the receptionist that greeted me to the nurses, doctors, financial and administrative staff. I felt they all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome. Most recently, when I conceived naturally, I reached out to RMIA, and everyone with whom I spoke or received correspondence was so happy for me and seemed to remember me despite the 2 years that had passes since my last treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Courtney)
While maintaining a professional relationship, I viewed them as friends and expected they would 'hold my hand' throughout the process. While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.
Dr. Stassart is extremely knowledgeable and kind mannered. He explained the process in a manner than I could understand. He respected my opinions on the process. He spoke directly to me, and treated me both as a patient and as a person. He was encouraging throughout the process. I never moved to advanced treatment without fully understanding my medical and financial options. When we finally received a positive outcome, he calmed my fears about pregnancy.
Be comfortable and ask questions.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Clean, warm and welcoming. Very calming and comfortable. Inviting and complimentary coffe, chocolate and quiet music. Friendly staff [Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Associates] and caring. Easy to find way around. Location good, easy to find. Offer lots of Parking and clinic not too big or small. ... [nursing staff] Very kind, caring, helpful and great communication. ...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean, warm and welcoming. Very calming and comfortable. Inviting and complimentary coffe, chocolate and quiet music. Friendly staff and caring. Easy to find way around. Location good, easy to find. Offer lots of Parking and clinic not too big or small.
He was very understanding and knowledgeable. Walked us through everything. Felt very good about our plan after we left.
Very kind, caring, helpful and great communication.
Warm, understanding, felt like he cared and wanted to really help us. Knew we were in good hands. Helped us understand the process and felt comfortable knowing he would help us. Explained everything in detail and was very open and willing to answer our questions.
Little difficult to understand with his Belgium accent.
He did a sonohystogram and trial transfer. All went well. He explained everything he was doing step by step. Helped us understand the process of what we would be doing.
$19,500 plus medications.
Woodbury

The front desk to most of the nurses [at Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Assoc- Woodbury] are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.... Melissa is amazing! Personal upbeat and Anaya’s positive. Mary was akways grumpy with poor bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The front desk to most of the nurses are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.
He’s very caring and explains everything with great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
He’s very easy to talk to and explains all risks or concerns multiple times. He adjusts treatment plans in the moment depending on how your body is reacting. I never felt like a number or at a baby factory. It always felt really personal like you were his only patient.
He’s amazing and smart.
At the kart moment we triggered with lupron instead of hcg which I believe is the reason I didn’t get ohss
He mentioned multiple times the risk of more than one embryo

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Stassart did a great job explaining the procedures I would be undergoing and what to expect. It was not all smooth sailing but he and his staff [RMIA] did an excellent job navigating us through. We are very grateful that we stuck with it and are delighted with our little boy...He is very personable and also hires like-minded staff. We felt very comfortable asking questions and making requests...
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Stassart did a great job explaining the procedures I would be undergoing and what to expect. It was not all smooth sailing but he and his staff did an excellent job navigating us through. We are very grateful that we stuck with it and are delighted with our little boy.
It has been several years so I do not recall all of the protocols. I would say that the antibiotics were not necessary in my case and I think that unless there is a specific reason cited (i.e. bacterial infection) I would not take them. The cycle in which I took antibiotics resulted in miscarriage, the cycle in which I opted out resulted in a full term healthy baby!

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Nursing staff at RMIA was] very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurred, but nothing too bad.With Dr Stassart I felt in such good hands. Every procedure he explained exactly what was to occur, was very gentle and was confident in what he was doing. He takes the time to explain everything in detail and makes you feel like he is there struggling with you and wants this to work just as much as you do...Know that you will only see him when doing IVF procedures and consultations. But his nursing team does an amazing job on the checkup appointments in between.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very warm and sensitive to our situation. I feel vey comfortable and confident in his abilities as an RE.
Very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurre but nothing too bad.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
For the little bit we have had to work with them [nurses at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] they have been good always email or call back promptly which is appreciated...There is a person for every job which is nice but can be stressful the nurse can’t just schedule me an appointment...I have to wait a call by the scheduling coordinator to schedule that part I wish was a little different but other than that there great and have a nice flow to their practice.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There is a person for every job which is nice but can be stressful the nurse can’t just schedule me an appointment t I have to wait a call by the scheduling coordinator to schedule that part I wish was a little different but other than that there great and have a nice flow to their practice.
Her bed aide manner was amazing she told me how happy she was to help me she listened to me and informed me well was always positive and helpful!
For the little bit we have had to work with them they have been good always email or call back promptly which is appreciated.
She is very open and honest but makes you feel important and that you are not just a pay check. She is willing to try a new treatment regimen example after our hysteroscopy since it was my second one, first one with her I asked about the hormone therapy she said because this being my second one she would do it even though nothing has been proven it helping 100% but that is was worth a shot since the first time we did not do hormone therapy and low and behold I believe it helped as we had a clear ultrasound a month after surgery and the hormone therapy. She is very considerate that we drive three hours to see her for appointments and when we debated on doing another iui after switching to her from our other doctor she was honest that it would not be worth our time or money to drive all the way up for a small chance it may work if we had a place closer to home to do iui she encouraged that my husband and I go there if that was on our hearts but if we wanted to do the iui with her she was still have to do it justadr sure we understood the small percent it would be successful after 3 failed attempts. we were truly amazed and that was the first moment we felt she truly cared for us as people not as a paycheck. She always answers all my emails promptly and the appointments have been scheduled in a reasonable amount of time. She is very knowledgeable and is always willing to learn new treatment protocols and educate her self on things that are new in infertility research. she flew across state for one day to a conference to hear them talk about a new ivf technique even though she felt it would not be as productive she wanted to be able to fully educate patients on her reasons why they would or wouldn’t do it. She was open about her own life when asked and that helped to get to know her on a personal level. This is my first time in a private practice and I love it. Dr jensen and her team at RMIA are amazing and we fully appreciate their help and knowledge and have full confidence they will help us have a healthy baby.
Be open on what you want and don’t stop advocating for yourself.
At this point we have not done a treatment regimen yet we switched to her from our other re in nov 2018. we did some work ups after our consult we did blood work to check on clotting disorder and vitamin d, we did an sis ultrasound where scar tissue was found again so we did a hysteroscopy in Jan 2019 to remove scar tissue and hormone therapy we went back for another sis ultrasound in feb 2019 and agreed we’d try on our own for 6 months if we are not successful we would move forward with IVF.
So far our insurance has covered surgery and initial things but if we move forward to ivf or were to do an iui our insurance would cover nothing!
Edina

From the moment I spoke with the financial office [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates], I felt well taken care of. The staff is so knowledgeable and patient. Our IVF was covered under our insurance which was new for this clinic, and I never felt that way! They were so professional and were great to work with. This is a very stressful situation (infertility), and they never added to that stress...Wonderful staff!...We trusted him [Dr. Stassart] 100% and are so happy that we did
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
From the moment I spoke with the financial office, I felt well taken care of. The staff is so knowledgeable and patient. Our IVF was covered under our insurance which was new for this clinic, and I never felt that way! They were so professional and were great to work with. This is a very stressful situation (infertility), and they never added to that stress.
Dr. Stassert is so very patient and explains every detail in a way that you (and your partner) can actually understand. I never felt rushed, and always felt like his only patient.
Wonderful staff!
He made us feel so comfortable and was so informative and kind. He made it very easy to understand the steps and made a heartbreaking situation (infertility) seem hopeful. We will never forget our experience that was made easier by Dr. Stassert and his staff.
Make the appointment! Don't be scared, it's just a consultation. I promise that you will leave more confident than when you entered.
He immediately zoned in on my egg quality and we found out after 8 years of TTC that it was def. my eggs. They had a 'harder outer shell' that the sperm could not penetrate. My previous Dr. had not mentioned this, so I immediately felt all other treatments were not necessary and just a waste. Very frustrating! However, Dr. Stassert figured this out almost immediately. He recommended ICSI and we decided to go with his recommendation. We trusted him 100% and are so happy that we did!
I was covered under insurance so we had to meet our deductible. I'm not too sure about the costs.

PCOS, Other
The clinic [RMIA] is very good at communication and the nurses will always call you back in a timely manner to answer any questions. The only weakness I would have is that the billing can be confusing and I have been double charged for blood tests, which did get reversed right away when I called...I believe my first iui will be around $2000 out of pocket...She [Dr. Jensen] didn’t seem rushed and spent time answering all of our questions.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is very good at communication and the nurses will always call you back in a timely manner to answer any questions. The only weakness I would have is that the billing can be confusing and I have been double charged for blood tests, which did get reversed right away when I called.
She didn’t seem rushed and spent time answering all of our questions. She also spent the time to tell us a little bit about herself and her family which is nice and something you usually don’t get from a doctor. She made us feel hopeful which we didn’t get from our other clinic.
We came to RMIA because we didn’t feel like we were getting the best care from our previous clinic in regards to fertility treatments. The second we met Jani Jenson we felt that we made the right decision. We are currently only on our first round of iui with this clinic, but already feel so comfortable and confident that we will get a successful outcome. She took the time to answer the many questions we had and we never felt like it was rushed or just a number. She even talked to us a little bit about her family which is something I really appreciate coming from a doctor. She is so kind and makes sure we know exactly what the plan is going forward.
I believe my first iui will be around $2000 out of pocket
Edina
RMIA does a good job of being thorough with their intake so that they can develop the most successful plan possible. As a patient, it can be frustrating to wait a little longer or have to do more testing before beginning a cycle, but it's worth it if it means a plan that works.... Nursing staff was wonderful- they answered all of my questions and were always quick to respond to phone calls. They were warm and friendly, and appropriately optimistic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart took the time to fully explain everything to both me and my husband. He sat down with us during our initial consultation and explained the entire process, as well as how it related to our situation. He was warm and friendly, and we truly felt like he paid careful attention to our situation in order to help us achieve pregnancy.
Dr. Stassart was incredibly knowledgeable. We felt like his years of experience truly translated into him making an informed course of action for us- we didn't feel like we were expected to fit in to a one-size-fits-all program.
Ask questions! He's more than willing to discuss anything and everything, so utilize that time.
Menopur and Gonal-F, trigger shot after 7 days.
Our cycle was just shy of $8000 (completely out of pocket), with another $5000 in medication (out of pocket).
We discussed this with Dr. Stassart as we wanted to transfer two embryo's. Dr. Stassart explained how this decision could play out (regarding multiple live births), but ultimately let us know that it was our decision as to how many embryos to transfer, and that he would support our decision to transfer more than one.
2012 - 2017
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
There's SO much information and critical things to keep track of. RMIA doesn't make you feel bad/rushed for calling to clarify things often. ... We used the IVF guarantee success plan. I believe it was around $25k for up to 3 IVF cycles and if they didn't result in a successful pregnancy, you got your money back!... For my first IVF, Dr. Stassart used 2 embryos, which resulted in my daughter. That left only one (1) embryo, which we stored at cryolab. 5 years later, Dr. Stassart used that one embryo we had left and we got our son!! Amazing.
2012 - 2017
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There's SO much information and critical things to keep track of. RMIA doesn't make you feel bad/rushed for calling to clarify things often. ......................................................................................................................................................................................
Dr. Stassart was so kind and gentle and warm, the best of all human characteristics!
If I could, I would score Dr. Stassart 10-plus-infinity! He was 2-for-2 - 200% for me!! Without him, I wouldn't have my family; 2 kids, 1 son and 1 daughter. I could NEVER THANK Dr. Stassart enough for making my dreams come true so quickly and easily!!
Keep it Up!
Yes, Dr. Stassart consulted. I fully trusted him and did whatever and exactly what he said and both my IVFs worked the first time both times!