Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3625 West 65th Street
Edina, MN 55435
651-222-6050
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates to a friend?
For the most part, we've been happy with our clinic [RMIA-Edina] and haven't had many complaints until recently. We had no problems during our IUIs or getting IVF scheduled, but post-egg retrieval communication in trying to schedule our FET has been spotty at best... Because I was in rough shape on the day of egg retrieval (right ovary was in significant pain), they canceled my fresh transfer and put me on birth control. And while there was a delay in getting our PGS results back (over 3 weeks post-egg retrieval), we had to wait another week for our post-IVF consultation and almost had to wait another week to talk to scheduling about our FET.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
For the most part, we've been happy with our clinic and haven't had many complaints until recently. We had no problems during our IUIs or getting IVF scheduled, but post-egg retrieval communication in trying to schedule our FET has been spotty at best.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. Jensen is very personable. She cares about you as a patient and truly wants to help you achieve a successful pregnancy. She takes the time to sit down and have conversations about the intricate details of infertility, procedures, and anticipated results.
The nursing staff has been hit or miss. Some are great - very thorough, communicative, empathic. And others are just okay.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
How was your experience with Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
We've really enjoyed having Dr. Jensen as our RE. She is very personable and truly cares about her patients. She has been open and honest about each step in the process - detailing information on infertility, procedures, and the anticipated results.
Describe the protocols Jani Jensen used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
For each of our 4 IUIs, we did 5 days of Clomid 50mg, taking each dose at night in-between days 3-7 and a single insemination taking place around CD 12-15. While we had 3-4 large follicles and good sperm counts, none of these resulted in a positive pregnancy test. In-between IUIs 2 and 3, we had to wait for cysts to go away and I was on birth control for 40 days. After failed IUI 4, we moved to IVF. I took birth control for a month before starting stims including a week of Estrace. This was followed by a week of Ganirelix due to high estrogen. I started stims (2 vials of Menopur and 75iu of Follistim daily in the morning). A week in, I dropped Follistim and added Ganirelix at night. For a trigger, I used both a Lupron and an HCG trigger. 48 hours later, 13 eggs were retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to blast, and 3 were tested normal.
Describe Jani Jensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
If embryos are PGS tested as normal, they recommend one embryo transfer.
IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Everything with this clinic [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] went very smoothly all the way up through our transfer. Scheduling was easy and they often were able to get me in for ultrasounds when we showed up early for our appts. I do wish we had more updates on our embryos as they were growing.... We did a cost warranty program that cost $19,500. It included up to three fresh cycles and unlimited frozen cycles in a year.
IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Everything with this clinic went very smoothly all the way up through our transfer. Scheduling was easy and they often were able to get me in for ultrasounds when we showed up early for our appts. I do wish we had more updates on our embryos as they were growing.
During the first appointment she spent quite a bit of time just getting to know us. She asked about our families, our occupations, and what our hopes were for our family someday. She talked a lot on the phone and in writing with our previous Dr in order to really get to know us and our situation.
Most of the nurses were great! Very friendly and willing to answer any questions we had.
She was so nice and very informative. She made sure my husband understood every step as he doesn’t know much about medical information, which made him feel very comfortable. She even talked about farming with him! She made sure to listen to and answer every question we had. And when things didn’t turn out as planned, she personally called me to talk about our negative results and express her feelings of sadness with us. She seemed just as disappointed as we were. She is very knowledgeable, but does also ask for advice from her colleagues as well so that we can have the best possible outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Don’t be nervous for your first appointment! Your nerves will be put to rest the minute she walks in the room! She is very nice and has a bubbly personality!
I was put on birth control pills until starting the cycle. We did 3 vials of menopur and 275 units of follistim. After our first scan they increased the dosage of follistim to 375 units. There was concern at one point that I had developed a dominant follicle, but they gave me an opportunity to return after the weekend to see how things had progressed. My next scan was great! I cycled for 12 days as I had slow growing follicles. We ended up with 10 eggs and 6 of them were mature. This was the number we were hoping for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We did a cost warranty program that cost $19,500. It included up to three fresh cycles and unlimited frozen cycles in a year. Medications and ultrasounds were not included in this price.
Dr. Jensen follows the guidelines with embryo transfer. She did offer elective single embryo transfer if we preferred. We went with whatever recommendations she had based on the guidelines.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [RMIA] does a nice job of providing updated calendars for treatment. We called the office at times to get input or ask questions of nurses. Some were very helpful, though one told my husband she was very busy with other calls.... Also, it was hard to get an email from the embryologist letting us know that our other 4 embryos were not good enough to freeze. I would have appreciated a phone call so that we could ask questions.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic does a nice job of providing updated calendars for treatment. We called the office at times to get input or ask questions of nurses. Some were very helpful, though one told my husband she was very busy with other calls. I don't think that is something she needed to let me husband know. She could have been a little more compassionate to our concerns. Also, it was hard to get an email from the embryologist letting us know that our other 4 embryos were not good enough to freeze. I would have appreciated a phone call so that we could ask questions.
She took time to get to know us. She was open to sharing a little bit about herself as well. I felt like she was rooting for us during the process, and still is.
When I went for my retrieval the nurse had to try 3 times to get my IV in. She ended up having someone else come and do it which was done on the first try. The nurse was very sorry for not being able to do so. Nursing staff seemed to care about my treatment.
Dr. Jensen has had a positive attitude during our experience. While I was in the stimulation phase it was very slow, but she gave me more time and medicine and I was able to grow follicles and have some eggs retrieved. During our first meeting she let me know I had a good supply of eggs, though I was somewhat disappointed when only 8 were retrieved and 6 matured. We ended up not being able to freeze 4 of them and implanted 2. Still waiting to see if that takes.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for more explanation. She was open to our questions and did not seem burden by us at all.
When we started stimulation we had a low amount of Follistim. I was a "slow grower" and the Follistim needed to be increased quite a bit. If I do need to start another cycle, I am hopeful that the Follistim dose will start out higher so there will be less time spent trying to stimulate. I am diagnosed with PCOS, so hyper stimulation is a concern usually...for me, it ended up not being an issue.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Monitoring appointments were made for me at Mankato Clinic.
We opted for the warranty program. The program cost $32,000. The first office visit and sonohystogram was $1950. The medications and ultrasounds were purchased and done elsewhere. Though we did purchase the first round of Menopur for $2900 at RMIA.
Dr. Jensen was very honest with us that we should transfer 2 embryos if possible due to my age (39). We ended up with one embryo in the correct stage for transfer and one that was almost there. We decided to transfer both and are awaiting to see if it was successful.
Woodbury
The Woodbury clinic [RMIA] is updated, clean, comfortable, great location. The recovery room is a bit tight and didn't care to be separated from other patients by I curtain but we weren't there too long. Again, we did our monitoring at home so we weren't at the clinic but a few times. They have an ultrasound machine that shows everything on a big screen... We had one very poor experience with an oncall nurse. I was told to "figure it out". Other than that the nurses we very helpful and detailed. The process can be very confusing and with the cost of it and your emotions on overload its very stressful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The Woodbury clinic is updated, clean, comfortable, great location. The recovery room is a bit tight and didn't care to be separated from other patients by I curtain but we weren't there too long. Again, we did our monitoring at home so we weren't at the clinic but a few times. They have an ultrasound machine that shows everything on a big screen so you can see your baby instead of a tiny blob on a 6x6 screen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Phoebe H. Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
We did out monitoring close to home so I only saw Dr. Leonard 3-4 times. I don't expect her to remember me when I am not physically there.
We had one very poor experience with an oncall nurse. I was told to "figure it out". Other than that the nurses we very helpful and detailed. The process can be very confusing and with the cost of it and your emotions on overload its very stressful. The team is great about giving you clear instructions verbally and written.
How was your experience with Phoebe H. Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
She took the time to talk with us and answer questions. She did not speak over our heads. While going through the process I was disappointing that I didn't see her more but looking back at, off hormones, it I am ok with it. She wasn't always prompt for her appointments. I would/will go back to her again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Phoebe H. Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Go into meetings prepared with questions and take notes. It's a lot to take in no matter what doctor you are seeing. Give yourself time.
Describe the protocols Phoebe H. Leonard used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
I started on birth control to regulate cycle. Was then put on menopur for 10 days. They were hoping to reduce my dosage of menopur after 3 days but ended up having to use 6 vials each day. I had ultrasounds every other day and blood work each day. I administered one shot of lupron and the HCG on day ten. 12 follicles retrieved, 7 embryos created, transferred 1 on day 5 led to no pregnancy, one embryo was frozen and transferred 2 months later for a birth of a healthy baby boy. Was also on baby asprin, vitatmins, and antibiotics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Phoebe H. Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
$19,500 100% refund if didn't work after 3 cycles. Monitoring and medications were extra.
Describe Phoebe H. Leonard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I wanted to transfer two however she mentioned with twins in our families she was nervous about 3 babies. We opted to transfer one after that discussion.
Woodbury
The clinic [Reproductive Med & Infertility Associates] is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.... I was so nice that I was able to go to a clinic closer to home for monitoring. Woodbury is 3 hours from home and the clinic I was able to get monitored at was only an hour away. It just made the whole process a bit easier.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. really looked into my lab results along with ultrasounds to make a sound decision on what I personally needed to have a successful IVF treatment. That's how I feel I was truly treated like a human! And it all worked beautifully. I have a wonderful baby girl!
Everyone for the most part was very sweet and friendly. Most everyone was great to work with. Beth seemed a little rough around the edges. I'm sure she meant well. Just wasn't as nice as the others.
How was your experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. Stassart was very thorough in everything he did. He made us feel confident he knew what he was doing and that IVF would work for us! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone with infertility. He's personal able, kind and wonderful at what he does. We had infertility clinics there were closer to us be we chose he based on personality and success rate!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Put your faith in him because he can make miracles happen!
Describe the protocols Jacques Stassart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
I took 4 vials of Menopur per shot for the first 4 days and then 3 vials per day thereafter. I took 1/2 tablet dexamethasone at bedtime. I took Flagyl and doxycycline as well. I was prescribed Leuprolide acetate generic to Lupron. Ganirelix Acetate x3. Novarel was my HCG shot. I started Endometrin the day after my embryo transfer. I did that 3 times a day. (54 tablets in total I took). Instead of the "shot in the butt".
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The procedures, lab test, everything done at RMIA not including any medication was $21,945. This is something our insurance didn't cover.
Describe Jacques Stassart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
My Dr. really only wanted to do a single embryo transfer. But I pushed for 2. I really wanted to increase my chances. And I am so glad I did. They put 2 in and only one worked. Which one... who knows. But it worked!!!
Woodbury
Clean clinic [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it...They [nurses] were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients...The warranty program was approximately $24,500 not including medications or PGS. Medications were an additional $3500 per cycle. Warranty included 3 cycles and retrievals but we only needed 2.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean clinic facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it.
I Did not see the doctor often, but when I did he gave me adequate attention and was very warm.
They were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients.
He seemed very experienced and gave me a lot of information about my treatment including studies to read on my own. He was warm and encouraging but very professional. He met with me twice to discuss my treatment plan and performed the embryo transfers. Another doctor performed the egg retrievals.
Have a list of all your questions ready at your first visit. You likely will not see him again until embryo transfer.
The first treatment I did resulted in only a few poor quality eggs. Dr. Stassart then changed my treatment plan drastically for the next round and the result was 8 high quality eggs followed by 5 high quality embryos. We used 1 and froze the other 4. The treatment that worked was longer and involved a lot more shots than the first round. Dr. Stassart explained that he usually did not start with this protocol because it was so complicated, but that it was very effective.
Woodbury
I thought that the clinic itself [RMIA] was fine - no complaints, really. It had a welcoming lobby with friendly receptionists. Also, there were snacks, coffee and water that you could enjoy while waiting. All of our appointments were on time and went as scheduled. The exam/procedure rooms were clean and comfortable and didn't have that "hospital/sterile feel".... We did not work a primary nurse - which would have been extremely beneficial in our situation (
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I thought that the clinic itself was fine - no complaints, really. It had a welcoming lobby with friendly receptionists. Also, there were snacks, coffee and water that you could enjoy while waiting. All of our appointments were on time and went as scheduled. The exam/procedure rooms were clean and comfortable and didn't have that "hospital/sterile feel".
In our initial phone consult, she stated that she does what she does because she wants to help couples who deserve to be parents become parents.
We did not work a primary nurse - which would have been extremely beneficial in our situation (as we live 4 hours away from the clinic - so we did A LOT of phone communication). If I did have an issue or a question, I felt like I always had to re-explain my situation to every new person I spoke with. On our day of transfer, there was one nurse specifically - Stacey who was WONDERFUL. So calm, accommodating and sweet. Exactly what you need when you're undergoing fertility treatment. Also, the front desk staff were great.
Strengths: intelligent, good reputation, she came highly recommended, sweet, good sense of humor, able to explain things in lay terms. Weaknesses: we had to undergo our treatments from a location 4 hours away from our home - so we only saw our doctor 3 times. Every other communication or order was given to us in a phone call from the nurses - the problem with that is things throughout the process weren’t always explained to what we were expecting. (ie: why did you change my med dose? What does it mean that my estrogen level is what it is? Etc) As a nurse myself....I always wanted to know what and why. She did explain all of these things to us thoroughly after our completed (failed) IVF round, which was appreciated, but I didn’t like feeling like I was just going through the motions throughout the treatment not quite understanding numbers and changes made. It was very hard undergoing tm from far away. I do not recommend.
Do your research before you start. Don’t rush into it. Explain to your Doctor how you prefer to be informed. Ask all the questions.
Dr. Leonard had me stimulate with Follistim. She carefully monitored my labs to make sure my body was responding correctly. She did have to increase my dosage to get my Estrogen levels to respond as she was anticipating. Then, due to that increase, my Estrogen levels did peak very high - I had to supplement with Carbergoline for 2 weeks to prevent OHSS. My stimulation resulted in 23 mature follicles (by ultrasound). Dr. Leonard was able to retrieve 13 mature and size-specific follicles. We then waited for a phone call to tell us if we had to return at 3 or 5 days after fertilization for a fresh transfer.
The baseline cost for IVF with ICSI was $8,800 and we had to pay for that up front. That did not include the monitoring, medications or lab fees.
She explained that the risks for producing multiples are higher with IVF even with a single embryo transfer and there aren't exact reasonings for why. She encouraged us to only transfer one embryo, because I was under 35 and "healthy"
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
RMIA was, hands down, the best clinic for us. All of the nurses and doctors made us feel as if they were on our "journey" along with us! They cried with us when we had disappointing cycles, and cheered from the mountaintops when we finally became pregnant!... I can't recall off-hand, but I feel like IVF rounds with our own eggs was about $15K. I "think" the last round, with donor eggs, was something like $28K.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart gave my husband and me HOPE when a doctor at another clinic had flatly given up on us. Dr. Stassart explained *all* of our options in a truly kind and dignified manner, instead of cherry-picking regimens as the other doctor had done. Dr. Stassart did not sugarcoat things--we were fully informed of the odds regarding our outcome--and yet he did so in a gentle, human way that gave us HOPE for our future as parents.
I cried with the nurses caring for me...they truly, sincerely cared for both my husband and myself, and wanted us to get pregnant just as much (if not more!) than we did!
We simply cannot adequately explain how thankful we are that we found Dr. Stassart. He is warm, kind, and gentle...I only wish all doctors had his bedside manner! In the emotional whirlwind that comes with the infertility journey, it's reassuring to have a calm, knowledgeable, KIND doctor on your side that's looking out for your best interests.
Bring a pen and paper to your first meeting...Dr. Stassart knows his stuff and you'll want to glean every tidbit of information you can from him!
Other, Unexplained
The entire team [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing...Strengths - the buildings were beautiful, the team was great, they fit me in relatively quickly once our records were transferred, they went through how to do injections and mix syringes well, and they answered the phone and responded to my questions at any time of day and night (when necessary). Cons - sometimes the instructions were confusing, so I mistakenly took a Ganirelix right on day 1, which was NOT right.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
He spent so much time going over the entire process, all the pills and injections and history of IVF. He spoke with us for over an hour.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Not sure if I was assigned one, but Melissa in Edina was my primary nurse. I LOVED her.)
The entire team was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing. Melissa was the one who called me with the news and I will never forget that. She was incredible. She gave me a hug during the process, met my mother who accompanied me sometimes. She was great.
He got us a baby. That is by far the most important thing. He gave us pretty good odds of conception, especially with the transfer of 2 embryos (which he tried to discourage us from doing since we have UI and this was our first IVF cycle, but we did anyway). I just didn't like that after our transfer, those 65ish% odds went down to 50/55%.
Be ready to become a parent.
I'm sorry, I don't recall all of the drugs used or how much. I did a high dosage Menopur and Follistim cycle, triggered with Novarel. I took 2 oral medications, as well. I only did progesterone suppositories for the first 6 weeks. No PIO. Took 2 ganirelix acetate.
They had time frames to be seen for different monitoring, like after pregnancy and before the IVF procedure. Like I said, I was seen in Edina for these. Most of my appointments were done before work (like 6:30 or 7am), which was amazing and meant I didn't have to miss any work. For others, I sometimes did them over the lunch hour. It was great! Plus, I'd walk in and the receptionist knew me and I'd be seen right away.
Most of it was covered by my insurance, thankfully. I know that ICSI was $800, and we did that. The cost of IVF was about $9,000, I believe. And worth every cent.
Doctor definitely wanted us to do the eSET because of the risks associated with a multiples pregnancy. We still did multiple embryo transfer, but had a singleton pregnancy.
Woodbury
Everything about this clinic was wonderful. From scheduling and communication, to getting a clear understanding of my care, I couldn't be happier. RMIA also does a yearly event where you can bring your kids and meet with the doctor and some of his/her staff.... The whole team i worked with at their two locations were wonderful. Very friendly, informative, and kind. I always was seen quickly, felt confident about my care, and felt like a priority. Whenever I called in, my calls were returned within the hour.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart was amazing, I had just come from a bad experience at a different clinic and not only was he extremely helpful and thorough in his explanations, but he made me feel very positive for the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney, Joni, Nancy- all were great)
Dr. Stassart has a number of strengths, he's very personable, which was important to me as this process is very emotionally and physically taxing. His loooong experience within the field along with his ability to explain everything very thoroughly gave me hope. (A positive outlook goes a long way considering the stress infertility causes). I never once doubted his direction and he always took a lot of time to make sure my husband and I truly understood everything.
His clinic is not for everyone. Dr. Stassart's clinic offers a guarantee finance program, which means based on your age you pay a certain amount for up to three egg retrials and all of the transfers that go along with created embryos. If they do not result in a live pregnancy +30 days, you get a high percentage of your money back. This means not all patients will be excepted to this clinic for services.
I had a smaller egg retrieval my first cycle. Only 9 mature eggs that only resulted in 2 day five embryos. Two embryos were transferred with only one of the embryos being of top quality. This resulted in a negative pregnancy. My second egg retrieval only had very minor medication changes, but resulted in 26 mature eggs and 11 top quality embryos. The fresh transfer of two embryos resulted in a blighted ovum miscarriage (the D&C results indicated due to a chromosomal abnormality). 9 embryos were then frozen. The 3rd transfer included 2 frozen embryos and resulted in a twin pregnancy.
I did the guarantee program as a 36 year old, so that meant it was about $20,000
This doctor always recommended the transfer of two embryos.
IUI, 2 IVF
I liked that this clinic [RMIA-Woodbury] was smaller than others we had gone to informative meetings about. We were able to be seen fairly quickly and got the process rolling quickly. I think their website is lacking and hard to find information on but everyone is very willing to help answer any questions along the way.... We chose the clinics warranty plan. It was well worth our money especially since it included the stim meds and I needed 8 vials for a few days!
IUI, 2 IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I liked that this clinic was smaller than others we had gone to informative meetings about. We were able to be seen fairly quickly and got the process rolling quickly. I think their website is lacking and hard to find information on but everyone is very willing to help answer any questions along the way.
She listened to our concerns and made us feel like she cared and had a good understanding of my medical background.
You see and deal with the nurses more than the doctors while you are being monitored. All the nurses were amazing!!
During my first cycle, I did not respond to the meds as expected. While disappointing for me and having to play catch up near the end (taking 7-8 vials a day) to grow eggs- Dr. Leonard made sure that the 2nd cycle was done differently and really made sure that we could be as successful as possible.
She is very matter of fact but I feel with IVF treatments it’s important to not be given false hope. She was positive from the beginning about my case but also told us not to waste our money continuing to pursue IUI treatments (which we were hoping too). She explained her reasoning and why she thought it would be a waste of our time and financial resources.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was excellent! They always called with results promptly and had great bedside manner in delivering the news, good or bad. They answered all questions...The costs were average with what IVF/iui costs in MN...The clinic was well maintained and everyone was really helpful. They don’t have a 24/7 on call nursing line but during the day you can leave a message and someone will call you back within 2 hours. They delivered messages well and gave detailed instructions on next steps.they were all very helpful.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic was well maintained and everyone was really helpful. They don’t have a 24/7 on call nursing line but during the day you can leave a message and someone will call you back within 2 hours. They delivered messages well and gave detailed instructions on next steps.they were all very helpful. Xxzzxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxzxxxxx
She took the time to get to know us personally. Asked questions about our lives and remembered things we had talked about at previous appointments. She always had all of our paperwork with her and always was informative and allowed us to ask questions along the way.
The nursing staff was excellent! They always called with results promptly and had great bedside manner in delivering the news, good or bad. They answered all questions.
She is warm and caring but also extremely smart and knows her stuff. She was patient as we asked questions. We never felt rushed or as if she didn’t have time for us. She was understanding about how hard this was after my second miscarriage.
Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to tell her you’ve heard of something or done your own research. She will be honest and let you know if that applies to your situation or not.
The costs were average with what IVF/iui costs in MN. We had excellent insurance overage though so we didn’t have to pay much at all for our 8 rounds of IUI.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
A strength of this clinic [RMIA] is that they have a Birthday party every year for the families that have achieved pregnancy with them. We love attending!...The nurses we also very empathetic. They made you feel like they knew what you were going through....He [Dr Stassart] may take a little longer to get an appointment with initially, but that's only because he SO good at what he does! Trust him! He knows what he's doing!!...He was very empathetic. I truly felt like he wanted me to achieve pregnancy.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
A strength of this clinic is that they have a Birthday party every year for the families that have achieved pregnancy with them. We love attending! The other strength is that Dr Stassart works there :)
Dr Stassart would say "If you were my daughter..." a lot. He was very empathetic. I truly felt like he wanted me to achieve pregnancy.
I would (and have) recommend Dr Stassart to anyone and everyone going through fertility issues. He kept my hope alive after each cycle that didn't work. I felt like giving up, but he changed things each cycle to help me believe that this cycle would work. I am extremely grateful to him for not giving up on me and working so hard to help me become a mom.
He may take a little longer to get an appointment with initially, but that's only because he SO good at what he does! Trust him! He knows what he's doing!!
By my 5 (and 6th) cycles, Dr Stassart literally threw the book at me. He could t understand why it wasn't working. He said he didn't think I would need certain meds, but he gave them to me anyways, just to cover all the bases. On my 5th cycle I received my first positive. Unfortunately that ended in miscarriage. My 6th cycle I was pregnant with twins and lost one. I am thankful that he did everything he did for me!
Woodbury
The clinic [RMIA] has an easy, fast system for IUI that allows for cycles while working your job without having to take a lot of time off. The clinic offers earlier hours for ultrasounds, which allowed be to stop on my way to work....The nursing staff tried everything to get the IUI to go perfectly. When it didn't work well, they quickly made alternative plans to ensure we didn't waste money on a cancelled IUI....It was just under $6,000 for 3 rounds of IUI
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic has an easy, fast system for IUI that allows for cycles while working your job without having to take a lot of time off. The clinic offers earlier hours for ultrasounds, which allowed be to stop on my way to work.
Dr. Jensen went above and beyond when the actual IUI procedure didn't go as planned.
The nursing staff tried everything to get the IUI to go perfectly. When it didn't work well, they quickly made alternative plans to ensure we didn't waste money on a cancelled IUI. The problems that were encountered were due to the damage caused by my cancer treatments.
Dr. Jensen did a mock IUI to be sure it was possible before we started treatment. I am a cervical cancer survivor so there is a lot of damage to the little cervix that I have left. When the nurses couldn't perform the IUI, Dr. Jensen performed it and all of the cycles after that.
I can't think of anything.
50 mg Clomid, 250 ug/0.5 ml ovidrel, 200 mg progesterone 2 x daily... all 3 rounds... all BFN
It was just under $6,000 for 3 rounds of IUI with no coverage under insurance.
We are hoping to do IVF this year. My doctor had a strong opinion about limiting the number of embryos due to my extremely shortened cervix, which agrees with my oncologist and MFMs.
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates] had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.... The nurses were amazing too! They were so compassionate and when I was worried about anything, they reassured me whether it be over the phone or in person. They were even there for a hug when I needed it too.
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.
Dr.Stassart was so caring and kind. He would call me personally and when we had a lot of challenges, called and met with us in person to create a plan to help us. He gave us his confidence and prayers and hope.
His care, compassion, hope and expertise was a huge gift to us. He really knows what he is doing and does it with care. After a long journey, he gave us continued hope, and he was right, we we blessed with 3 beautiful children!
Infertility is so hard, praying for everyone in their journey. Where there is a will, there is a way!
We did the HOPE program, I had a very speicific medication and injections routine (can't remember names and dosages).
We did the HOPE program that included three full cycles or your money back.
We did both. He was clear about the success rates based on our situation and gave his recommendation but ultimately gave us the say in what happened.
2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately...The clinic was very organized and had clear protocols. They made appointments easy to schedule and results were easily accessible. The beginning process seemed to take longer than expected, but that could have been due to our excitement to start the process. We were able to order medication through the clinic, but thought it would be nice to have more selection through other vendors.
2013
European, South Asian
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart always knew personal information and used our names throughout the process like he had known us for years. He was kind and very genuine.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately.
Dr Stassart was always very welcoming and made us feel comfortable asking any questions we had. Each visit he would make sure we understood the procedures before we left and always had an open door/phone for us if anything else came up. He is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
If you were to see Dr. Stassart, the only advice I would have is to make a referral. He was great and I recommended him to multiple friends and family.
It was around $24,000 and at least $5,000-6,000 for medication.
2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
I felt they [the clinic staff] all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome... While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.
2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
All members of the staff treated me as a patient, from the receptionist that greeted me to the nurses, doctors, financial and administrative staff. I felt they all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome. Most recently, when I conceived naturally, I reached out to RMIA, and everyone with whom I spoke or received correspondence was so happy for me and seemed to remember me despite the 2 years that had passes since my last treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Courtney)
While maintaining a professional relationship, I viewed them as friends and expected they would 'hold my hand' throughout the process. While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.
Dr. Stassart is extremely knowledgeable and kind mannered. He explained the process in a manner than I could understand. He respected my opinions on the process. He spoke directly to me, and treated me both as a patient and as a person. He was encouraging throughout the process. I never moved to advanced treatment without fully understanding my medical and financial options. When we finally received a positive outcome, he calmed my fears about pregnancy.
Be comfortable and ask questions.
Edina
The front desk to most of the nurses [at Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Assoc- Woodbury] are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.... Melissa is amazing! Personal upbeat and Anaya’s positive. Mary was akways grumpy with poor bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The front desk to most of the nurses are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.
He’s very caring and explains everything with great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
He’s very easy to talk to and explains all risks or concerns multiple times. He adjusts treatment plans in the moment depending on how your body is reacting. I never felt like a number or at a baby factory. It always felt really personal like you were his only patient.
He’s amazing and smart.
At the kart moment we triggered with lupron instead of hcg which I believe is the reason I didn’t get ohss
He mentioned multiple times the risk of more than one embryo
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Stassart did a great job explaining the procedures I would be undergoing and what to expect. It was not all smooth sailing but he and his staff [RMIA] did an excellent job navigating us through. We are very grateful that we stuck with it and are delighted with our little boy...He is very personable and also hires like-minded staff. We felt very comfortable asking questions and making requests...
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Stassart did a great job explaining the procedures I would be undergoing and what to expect. It was not all smooth sailing but he and his staff did an excellent job navigating us through. We are very grateful that we stuck with it and are delighted with our little boy.
It has been several years so I do not recall all of the protocols. I would say that the antibiotics were not necessary in my case and I think that unless there is a specific reason cited (i.e. bacterial infection) I would not take them. The cycle in which I took antibiotics resulted in miscarriage, the cycle in which I opted out resulted in a full term healthy baby!
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Nursing staff at RMIA was] very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurred, but nothing too bad.With Dr Stassart I felt in such good hands. Every procedure he explained exactly what was to occur, was very gentle and was confident in what he was doing. He takes the time to explain everything in detail and makes you feel like he is there struggling with you and wants this to work just as much as you do...Know that you will only see him when doing IVF procedures and consultations. But his nursing team does an amazing job on the checkup appointments in between.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very warm and sensitive to our situation. I feel vey comfortable and confident in his abilities as an RE.
Very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurre but nothing too bad.