Genetic counseling: Offered
Edina, MN 55435
651-222-6050
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates to a friend?

3 doctors
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Janis [Jensen] bedside manner is AMAZING!! Every meeting with her started with us just catching up of life, not even discussing infertility. ... We used stimulating medications: follostim and menopur leading up to egg retrieval. We used Lupron as trigger. For transfer I was on IM progesterone, oral estrogen,oral steroids and oral antibiotics. Also took prenatals, baby aspirin and Vit D supplements.
Overall we had such a positive experience [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates]. Communication was always clear and thorough, all staff members were pleasant to work with, I felt I was able to get my concerns and questions answered appropriately and in a timely manner and overall we felt very well cared for. ... Melissa really felt more like a friend than my nurse. She wanted this to work for us as much as we did. I was always excited to see her and catch up on how things were going. She was compassionate as to what we were going through as well as so excited for what was to come for us.
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Jani is an incredible physician. She is honest yet her delivery is compassionate. She takes time with her patients and never makes you feel rushed or less important than what’s next on her schedule. She gets to know you and your spouse as people not as patients and from the moment my husband and I met her we felt so confident we were in excellent hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Bring your questions because Jani always makes time for answering all of your questions and concerns!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Janis bedside manner is AMAZING!! Every meeting with her started with us just catching up of life, not even discussing infertility. She got to know us as people not as patients. She truly has an amazing gift.
Describe the protocols Jani Jensen used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Overall we had such a positive experience. Communication was always clear and thorough, all staff members were pleasant to work with, I felt I was able to get my concerns and questions answered appropriately and in a timely manner and overall we felt very well cared for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Our if pocket cost was roughly $19,000 and my insurance covered approximately $15,000-$20,000
Describe Jani Jensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Due to using PGS tested embryos our clinic only transfers 1 PGS normal embryo at a time due to a higher risk of losing an embryo when 2 are transferred at the same time.
Edina

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jani Jensen at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
She [Dr. Jani Jensen] will be honest with you while at the same time hugging you with kindness and compassion as you make some of the hardest decisions of your life...Just trying to write how she treated me like a human is bringing an overwhelming sense of emotion to the surface. When she entered the room the first time we met her, she was personable, she wanted to know who we (my spouse and I) were and that our fertility challenges didn't define us. She listen to our story, our pain and what brings us joy. She validated our fertility experiences leading up to our meeting and affirmed that our feelings, thoughts and emotions are our reality.
Not just Melissa, but Jenny, Tameka, Beth, Mary [nurses at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] were all wonderful. They would be there for you at the drop of the hat. Truly a wonderful staff at RMIA - Edina (and Woodbury too)...It was 11,000 for IVF without the drug. They worked really well with my insurance. I would get my Menopur from the clinic which was nice. I spent a lot on meds about 500$ a day given I was a poor responder...monitoring appointments for me were flexible they would give a range of times that worked. On a few occasions the times were a bummer, but that was because i'm not really a morning person. Haha
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I truly only have positive things to say about my fertility experience with Dr. Jansen. I want to also preface that even though, as of today, we have not had the intended outcome we are hoping for, pregnancy - she has always given me the support, courage, hope and information I need to continue trying to achieve pregnancy. I believe she is progressive in her thinking without leading me into false hope. Every treatment or test she would share with us what she learned about me, and my body and would using that (along with her medical expertise) to inform the next move. Each next move we have gotten closer and closer to what we are hoping for. Prior to coming to Dr. Jansen, I was told after one cancelled IUI at another clinic, I would never be able to produce any mature eggs. With Dr. Jansen, she did not give up - she said that we may not get a lot, but we will get some. 2 of the 3 IVF cycles (one was cancelled due poor response to medication) I yielded 3 mature eggs in the second cycle and three the third. For me, that was a huge success because can produce mature eggs.
She will be honest with you while at the same time hugging you with kindness and compassion as you make some of the hardest decisions of your life.
First cycle...started with Folistim 150 and Lupron. Continued to increase Folistim amount. but stimulation day 12 my follicles started to perk up, but not to the extend to what she wanted. What she learned or shared with us is, if we wanted to move forward we would do, I believe flare protocol and that it might be a long protocol too. That next cycle gave us 3 mature eggs, all fertilized, one fresh transfer and one FET, the last embryo didn't make it to freeze. Our second cycle, for the FET we did have a chemical pregnancy. That was my first ever positive pregnancy test - I was so happy, even though it didn't yield our intended result. I am currently in my TWW of the 3rd cycle where we did the same at cycle two only we added estrogen priming. We transferred on day three and currently in our TWW.
Not just Melissa, but Jenny, Tameka, Beth, Mary were all wonderful. They would be there for you at the drop of the hat. Truly a wonderful staff at RMIA - Edina (and Woodbury too)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I think they have a well worked machine there. From the front desk to the business office staff they have been warm and welcoming to my spouse and I. Its like they are family. Oh I do think the Edina location seats in the waiting room are uncomfortable, but oh well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I know this was based on how many eggs would be retrieved and knowing that I wasn't going to come out with a lot I knew that if is was a good quality embryo we would transfer one and 2 of lesser quality if those options were available.
Edina

As treatment progressed, I never heard from Dr. Jensen (only via email in a templated letter that stated the same thing every cycle). I felt after each IUI I was never given feedback about my progress or my cycle and reasoning for increasing my clomid dosage. I felt like just another person on her list of patients to review each month and that my treatment was not at all tailored to my personal situation.
This clinic [RMIA- Edina] is split between two locations which are extremely far apart from each other. One is in Minneapolis and the other in St. Paul. One would think the two locations would actually be more convenient for those who live on the other side of town. Unfortunately, the two clinics have the same nurses and doctors and the staff is forced to commute back and forth between them. This means that making an appointment for something simple like blood work or an ultrasound is actually difficult if you are not flexible with the hours that you can come in.
European, Latino
After my initial consultation with Dr. Jensen I felt confident that she knew what she was doing and that there was a real chance that IUI would work for us. However, as treatment progressed, I never heard from Dr. Jensen (only via email in a templated letter that stated the same thing every cycle). I felt after each IUI I was never given feedback about my progress or my cycle and reasoning for increasing my clomid dosage. I felt like just another person on her list of patients to review each month and that my treatment was not at all tailored to my personal situation.
Ask every single question you can think of at your consultation. This is literally the only time you will ever have a conversation with your actual doctor so even small questions like diet, exercise, be sure to ask her up front because she will not be available to meet with you after your consultation. Be prepared to work only with your nurses and to be in charge of your own treatment. Ask LOTS of questions every time you visit the clinic and make sure you understand what is happening each time you go. Barely any information is ever given at appointments so if you are unsure of something you need to be sure you ask -- the nurses will not provide you with any more than the bare minimum unless you ask. This clinic loves to do a blood draw even if you have a negative pregnancy test so be prepared to pay for your beta test every, single, cycle regardless of the outcome.
When I came to the clinic, I saw a new nurse every time I was there. I never had a chance to build a relationship with any person that made me feel as though my treatment was customized or personal in any way. It felt like a cattle call -- like I was a room of many women just going through the motions of the same procedures with no real reasoning or feedback throughout treatment.
When I met with Dr. Jensen, I had already had all of the basic workup done for my infertility diagnosis by my OB-GYN. My blood work, HSG, pap results, and even my husband's semen analysis had all been provided to Dr. Jensen prior to my appointment and all results led to an unexplained infertility diagnosis. While meeting with her, I asked if further testing could be done or would be required, and I was told that no further testing would be needed and that moving on to treatment was my best option as I had a 3% chance of conceiving naturally each month at this point. The overall strategy from Dr. Jensen was to try three medicated cycles of IUI with HCG Trigger shot before moving on to IVF. The first cycle, I was prescribed 50 milligrams of Clomid for 5 days beginning on cycle day 5, with ultrasound on cycle day 10. After analyzing the size of my two follicles, I was then instructed to use the trigger shot on day 13 and come back for IUI on day 14. This cycle was unsuccessful and on day 28 I came in for a beta test to confirm negative results. I was told everything looked normal and to try again for IUI #2. The next cycle I was told to follow the same steps as the previous cycle. When I came in for my baseline ultrasound on day 10, I was told that I had one cyst and one follicle that was almost ready. I did the trigger shot on day 13 and came in day 14 for IUI when I was told the cyst was actually just a small follicle that never matured fully but that the other follicle was adequate in size. This was another unsuccessful cycle and my beta test on day 28 confirmed the negative results. The next cycle I was told to follow the same steps as before, but my Clomid dosage was increased from 50 milligrams to 100. On day 10 I was told that I did in fact have a cyst (not a small follicle as previously determined), but also had a very large follicle that was ready to go. My body was naturally surging on its own, so I triggered that night and came back on day 12 for IUI. This was another unsuccessful cycle. I was then told to come back for round 4 of IUI with another increase of clomid to 150 milligrams. It was at this point that I decided to stop coming back to RMIA. I was initially told by Dr. Jensen that after three failed IUIs, the likelihood that more attempts would work decreased dramatically. So, I was very confused when I received yet another, templated letter from the doctor stating to try again with just an increase in medication. I felt extremely frustrated that in 3 months I hadn't had any face time with my doctor and even after the strategy we had mapped out was complete, I still got no further feedback from her and the reasoning for another attempt was extremely unclear.
Many of the nurses I met with were incredibly kind, warm, and informative about the process. However, many other nurses were cold, direct, and impersonal. Some nurses would ask for me to record my own measurements during ultrasounds which I found to be odd and uncomfortable. Although I had many nurses I truly liked working with, I never felt a connection or close to any one in particular because I saw a different nurse each time I went. I never felt that I had a specific contact to reach out to or that anyone could answer my questions directly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
This clinic is very clean, quiet and comfortable. There is usually no wait to see a nurse or for treatment and the nurses are fast and reliable. Someone is always available to answer the phone and I felt that communication was very quick. However, this clinic is split between two locations which are extremely far apart from each other. One is in Minneapolis and the other in St. Paul. One would think the two locations would actually be more convenient for those who live on the other side of town. Unfortunately, the two clinics have the same nurses and doctors and the staff is forced to commute back and forth between them. This means that making an appointment for something simple like blood work or an ultrasound is actually difficult if you are not flexible with the hours that you can come in. I found myself driving over an hour just to get a blood draw or to have a baseline ultrasound because one clinic would be closed or the nurse I needed to see was not available at that location on that day. With IUI being extremely dependent on where you are in your cycle, there is not much room for flexibility and driving back and forth while working a full-time job was extremely stressful for me. Furthermore, IUIs were only performed at the clinic farthest away from me on the days I needed to have my procedure so I ended up actually driving to the farther clinic 75% of the time. I initially went with Dr. Jensen because of the two doctors at RMIA, she was the one available in the closer location. But, in the end I drove farther so it was not worth it. Overall, this clinic has the basics you would look for in a fertility clinic, but it's lacking in customer service, patient communication, and personalized treatment.
I only went to Dr. Jensen for IUI. Overall, I felt that her pricing was steep compared to others I had spoken to. Each aspect of treatment was priced differently, but overall for insemination, blood work, ultrasounds, each cycle totaled to about $1,200. Medications were separate from this cost. This is higher than I have heard others have paid ($800), and I did always feel pressured to have blood work done even if I knew I was not pregnant (negative pregnancy test on day 28 of my cycle, or spotting). This cost me almost $300 each time I had blood drawn, and I felt that was a cost that could have been cut if the clinic had personalized my treatment more, or had been more aware of saving their patients money.
Edina

We've really enjoyed having Dr. Jensen as our RE. She is very personable and truly cares about her patients. She has been open and honest about each step in the process - detailing information on infertility, procedures, and the anticipated results... For each of our 4 IUIs, we did 5 days of Clomid 50mg, taking each dose at night in-between days 3-7 and a single insemination taking place around CD 12-15. While we had 3-4 large follicles and good sperm counts, none of these resulted in a positive pregnancy test. In-between IUIs 2 and 3, we had to wait for cysts to go away and I was on birth control for 40 days. After failed IUI 4, we moved to IVF.
For the most part, we've been happy with our clinic [RMIA-Edina] and haven't had many complaints until recently. We had no problems during our IUIs or getting IVF scheduled, but post-egg retrieval communication in trying to schedule our FET has been spotty at best... Because I was in rough shape on the day of egg retrieval (right ovary was in significant pain), they canceled my fresh transfer and put me on birth control. And while there was a delay in getting our PGS results back (over 3 weeks post-egg retrieval), we had to wait another week for our post-IVF consultation and almost had to wait another week to talk to scheduling about our FET.
Dr. Jensen is very personable. She cares about you as a patient and truly wants to help you achieve a successful pregnancy. She takes the time to sit down and have conversations about the intricate details of infertility, procedures, and anticipated results.
For each of our 4 IUIs, we did 5 days of Clomid 50mg, taking each dose at night in-between days 3-7 and a single insemination taking place around CD 12-15. While we had 3-4 large follicles and good sperm counts, none of these resulted in a positive pregnancy test. In-between IUIs 2 and 3, we had to wait for cysts to go away and I was on birth control for 40 days. After failed IUI 4, we moved to IVF. I took birth control for a month before starting stims including a week of Estrace. This was followed by a week of Ganirelix due to high estrogen. I started stims (2 vials of Menopur and 75iu of Follistim daily in the morning). A week in, I dropped Follistim and added Ganirelix at night. For a trigger, I used both a Lupron and an HCG trigger. 48 hours later, 13 eggs were retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to blast, and 3 were tested normal.
The nursing staff has been hit or miss. Some are great - very thorough, communicative, empathic. And others are just okay.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
For the most part, we've been happy with our clinic and haven't had many complaints until recently. We had no problems during our IUIs or getting IVF scheduled, but post-egg retrieval communication in trying to schedule our FET has been spotty at best.
If embryos are PGS tested as normal, they recommend one embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Edina

Dr Jensen was an excellent doctor. She was both very compassionate and very knowledgeable. My only concern is that when we saw her for RPL and she immediately jumped on the IVF train even though we had no problem conceiving...We did three medicated cycles with timed intercourse (with Clomid) and two IUIs (with Clomid and an HcG trigger shot). The rationale is that ovulating more eggs might improve hormone levels and better help support a pregnancy. The treatment resulted in two chemical pregnancies and two miscarriages (we suffer from RPL), so while it was successful in achieving pregnancy, it did not ultimately help sustain a pregnancy.
I felt that the clinic's [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] biggest weakness was communication with the nursing staff and front desk staff. It was at times difficult to get in touch or to be called back on the same day...It was hard to get information in a timely manner...The clinic space was nice, fairly comfortable. The main weaknesses were the lack of communication with the staff and some scheduling issues. I did not like how they would push very hard to have me come in for beta hcg tests after each cycle (the clinic was 1+ hour drive each way , so it ended up taking half of the day every time.)
Dr Jensen has an excellent bedside manner. She was very warm and approachable; she made sure to explain in detail diagnostic issues and the different treatment steps in a very accesible manner.
I felt that the clinic's biggest weakness was communication with the nursing staff and front desk staff. It was at times difficult to get in touch or to be called back on the same day.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
It was hard to get information in a timely manner.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
When we met when Jani [Dr. Jensen], she throughly explained herself. She even drew examples for us which was very helpful!...However, I was surprised she wasn’t the one that performed my IUI’s. After my first IUI once I built “relationships” with the nurses, I felt more comfortable with the actual IUI procedure...Each IUI consisted of 5 days of clomid (100mg). Then an ovidril shot 1-2days before procedure. Then a progesterone suppository 2 times a day after the IUI procedure until I go in for blood work
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] has made me feel very comfortable. My only comment would be I wish the experienced nurses could have performed my IUI, but the way my body reacted to the medication would not allow for that to happen...Two of my IUI were changed last minute because of the way my body reacted to medication. Which meant I had to go to Woodbury instead of Edina for the procedure. Both times they couldn’t find my husbands paperwork. Not a big issue to me at all
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Our consultation with Jani was great. However, I was surprised she wasn’t the one that performed my IUI’s. After my first IUI once I built “relationships” with the nurses, I felt more comfortable with the actual IUI procedure.
Be patient - this takes time and the actual plan you set with them may change depending on how your body reacts to the medication.
When we met when Jani, she throughly explained herself. She even drew examples for us which was very helpful!
The nursing staff has made me feel very comfortable. My only comment would be I wish the experienced nurses could have performed my IUI, but the way my body reacted to the medication would not allow for that to happen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The Edina clinic could use a revamp. The Woodbury clinic seems newer, but the procedure room is very small. However, I do like how they have a tv on the wall to watch my ultrasound procedure. Can’t see anything at the Edina location.
Unfortunately I do not have my bills with me. However, my insurance does assist up to IUI’s.
Not at this time.

IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Dr.Stassart was so caring and kind. He would call me personally and when we had a lot of challenges, called and met with us in person to create a plan to help us. He gave us his confidence and prayers and hope..... We did the HOPE program that included three full cycles or your money back.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates] had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.... The nurses were amazing too! They were so compassionate and when I was worried about anything, they reassured me whether it be over the phone or in person. They were even there for a hug when I needed it too.
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
His care, compassion, hope and expertise was a huge gift to us. He really knows what he is doing and does it with care. After a long journey, he gave us continued hope, and he was right, we we blessed with 3 beautiful children!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Infertility is so hard, praying for everyone in their journey. Where there is a will, there is a way!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Describe the protocols Jacques Stassart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
We did the HOPE program, I had a very speicific medication and injections routine (can't remember names and dosages).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We did the HOPE program that included three full cycles or your money back.
Describe Jacques Stassart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We did both. He was clear about the success rates based on our situation and gave his recommendation but ultimately gave us the say in what happened.
Edina

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.

2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Stassart is extremely knowledgeable and kind mannered. He explained the process in a manner than I could understand. He respected my opinions... I never moved to advanced treatment without fully understanding my medical and financial options.
I felt they [the clinic staff] all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome... While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.
2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Stassart is extremely knowledgeable and kind mannered. He explained the process in a manner than I could understand. He respected my opinions on the process. He spoke directly to me, and treated me both as a patient and as a person. He was encouraging throughout the process. I never moved to advanced treatment without fully understanding my medical and financial options. When we finally received a positive outcome, he calmed my fears about pregnancy.
Be comfortable and ask questions.
All members of the staff treated me as a patient, from the receptionist that greeted me to the nurses, doctors, financial and administrative staff. I felt they all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome. Most recently, when I conceived naturally, I reached out to RMIA, and everyone with whom I spoke or received correspondence was so happy for me and seemed to remember me despite the 2 years that had passes since my last treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Courtney)
While maintaining a professional relationship, I viewed them as friends and expected they would 'hold my hand' throughout the process. While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Nursing staff at RMIA was] very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurred, but nothing too bad.With Dr Stassart I felt in such good hands. Every procedure he explained exactly what was to occur, was very gentle and was confident in what he was doing. He takes the time to explain everything in detail and makes you feel like he is there struggling with you and wants this to work just as much as you do...Know that you will only see him when doing IVF procedures and consultations. But his nursing team does an amazing job on the checkup appointments in between.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very warm and sensitive to our situation. I feel vey comfortable and confident in his abilities as an RE.
Very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurre but nothing too bad.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
we did blood work [with Dr. Jani Jensen] to check on clotting disorder and vitamin d...scar tissue was found again so we did a hysteroscopy...She is very open and honest but makes you feel important and that you are not just a pay check. She is willing to try a new treatment regimen example after our hysteroscopy since it was my second one, first one with her I asked about the hormone therapy she said because this being my second one she would do it even though nothing has been proven it helping 100% but that is was worth a shot since the first time we did not do hormone therapy and low and behold I believe it helped
For the little bit we have had to work with them [nurses at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] they have been good always email or call back promptly which is appreciated...There is a person for every job which is nice but can be stressful the nurse can’t just schedule me an appointment...I have to wait a call by the scheduling coordinator to schedule that part I wish was a little different but other than that there great and have a nice flow to their practice.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She is very open and honest but makes you feel important and that you are not just a pay check. She is willing to try a new treatment regimen example after our hysteroscopy since it was my second one, first one with her I asked about the hormone therapy she said because this being my second one she would do it even though nothing has been proven it helping 100% but that is was worth a shot since the first time we did not do hormone therapy and low and behold I believe it helped as we had a clear ultrasound a month after surgery and the hormone therapy. She is very considerate that we drive three hours to see her for appointments and when we debated on doing another iui after switching to her from our other doctor she was honest that it would not be worth our time or money to drive all the way up for a small chance it may work if we had a place closer to home to do iui she encouraged that my husband and I go there if that was on our hearts but if we wanted to do the iui with her she was still have to do it justadr sure we understood the small percent it would be successful after 3 failed attempts. we were truly amazed and that was the first moment we felt she truly cared for us as people not as a paycheck. She always answers all my emails promptly and the appointments have been scheduled in a reasonable amount of time. She is very knowledgeable and is always willing to learn new treatment protocols and educate her self on things that are new in infertility research. she flew across state for one day to a conference to hear them talk about a new ivf technique even though she felt it would not be as productive she wanted to be able to fully educate patients on her reasons why they would or wouldn’t do it. She was open about her own life when asked and that helped to get to know her on a personal level. This is my first time in a private practice and I love it. Dr jensen and her team at RMIA are amazing and we fully appreciate their help and knowledge and have full confidence they will help us have a healthy baby.
Be open on what you want and don’t stop advocating for yourself.
Her bed aide manner was amazing she told me how happy she was to help me she listened to me and informed me well was always positive and helpful!
At this point we have not done a treatment regimen yet we switched to her from our other re in nov 2018. we did some work ups after our consult we did blood work to check on clotting disorder and vitamin d, we did an sis ultrasound where scar tissue was found again so we did a hysteroscopy in Jan 2019 to remove scar tissue and hormone therapy we went back for another sis ultrasound in feb 2019 and agreed we’d try on our own for 6 months if we are not successful we would move forward with IVF.
For the little bit we have had to work with them they have been good always email or call back promptly which is appreciated.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There is a person for every job which is nice but can be stressful the nurse can’t just schedule me an appointment t I have to wait a call by the scheduling coordinator to schedule that part I wish was a little different but other than that there great and have a nice flow to their practice.
So far our insurance has covered surgery and initial things but if we move forward to ivf or were to do an iui our insurance would cover nothing!

IUI, 1 IVF
We spoke [with Dr. Stassart] about how many embryos to transfer. We agreed on 2...He sat down with us at our consult and chatted about things other than just "clinical talk". We got to know a little more about him. I just enjoyed talking with him. I found him to be candid and funny...He also took the time to go thru the step and biology of IVF...He was warm,kind,and gentle. He was always making sure I was ok. i felt like he took his time with us, I never felt rushed.
Every appointment [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] always ran on time, I never had to wait. I thought they did a great job of explaining procedures. The billing department was great too. The nurses were always quick to respond to questions I had...They retrieved 9 eggs from my ovary. (I only have one). He let my last embryo go till day 6, then froze it...I loved the nurses. They were smart, efficient and kind. The nurse who was with me for my egg retrieval was very funny.. I went in laughing, which I think is great, because IVF is stressful!
IUI, 1 IVF
I enjoyed his personality. He was warm,kind,and gentle. He was always making sure I was ok. i felt like he took his time with us, I never felt rushed. I thought he did a great job of explaining the science of IVF.
Be prepared that you might not succeed the first time. Even if everything goes great and you respond well to medications and get enough eggs. Just be prepared that it might not work
He sat down with us at our consult and chatted about things other than just "clinical talk". We got to know a little more about him. I just enjoyed talking with him. I found him to be candid and funny. Plus he had a great accent. He also took the time to go thru the step and biology of IVF. I found it very interesting.
I was put on Menupur. I don't remember the dose or how many days, but it worked. They retrieved 9 eggs from my ovary. (I only have one). He let my last embryo go till day 6, then froze it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Every appointment always ran on time, I never had to wait. I thought they did a great job of explaining procedures. The billing department was great too. The nurses were always quick to respond to questions I had
Ivf is terribly expensive. My medications alone were 6,000. For my egg retrieval and FET, it came to about 20,000.
We spoke about how many embryos to transfer. We agreed on 2.
Edina

We trusted him [Dr. Stassart] 100% and are so happy that we did!...is so very patient and explains every detail in a way that you (and your partner) can actually understand. I never felt rushed, and always felt like his only patient...He immediately zoned in on my egg quality and we found out after 8 years of TTC that it was def. my eggs. They had a 'harder outer shell' that the sperm could not penetrate. My previous Dr. had not mentioned this, so I immediately felt all other treatments were not necessary and just a waste
From the moment I spoke with the financial office [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates], I felt well taken care of. The staff is so knowledgeable and patient. Our IVF was covered under our insurance which was new for this clinic, and I never felt that way! They were so professional and were great to work with. This is a very stressful situation (infertility), and they never added to that stress...Wonderful staff!...We trusted him [Dr. Stassart] 100% and are so happy that we did
He made us feel so comfortable and was so informative and kind. He made it very easy to understand the steps and made a heartbreaking situation (infertility) seem hopeful. We will never forget our experience that was made easier by Dr. Stassert and his staff.
Make the appointment! Don't be scared, it's just a consultation. I promise that you will leave more confident than when you entered.
Dr. Stassert is so very patient and explains every detail in a way that you (and your partner) can actually understand. I never felt rushed, and always felt like his only patient.
He immediately zoned in on my egg quality and we found out after 8 years of TTC that it was def. my eggs. They had a 'harder outer shell' that the sperm could not penetrate. My previous Dr. had not mentioned this, so I immediately felt all other treatments were not necessary and just a waste. Very frustrating! However, Dr. Stassert figured this out almost immediately. He recommended ICSI and we decided to go with his recommendation. We trusted him 100% and are so happy that we did!
Wonderful staff!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
From the moment I spoke with the financial office, I felt well taken care of. The staff is so knowledgeable and patient. Our IVF was covered under our insurance which was new for this clinic, and I never felt that way! They were so professional and were great to work with. This is a very stressful situation (infertility), and they never added to that stress.
I was covered under insurance so we had to meet our deductible. I'm not too sure about the costs.

PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Jensen] didn’t seem rushed and spent time answering all of our questions. She also spent the time to tell us a little bit about herself and her family which is nice and something you usually don’t get from a doctor. She made us feel hopeful which we didn’t get from our other clinic... The second we met Jani Jenson we felt that we made the right decision. We are currently only on our first round of iui with this clinic, but already feel so comfortable and confident that we will get a successful outcome.
The clinic [RMIA] is very good at communication and the nurses will always call you back in a timely manner to answer any questions. The only weakness I would have is that the billing can be confusing and I have been double charged for blood tests, which did get reversed right away when I called...I believe my first iui will be around $2000 out of pocket...She [Dr. Jensen] didn’t seem rushed and spent time answering all of our questions.
PCOS, Other
We came to RMIA because we didn’t feel like we were getting the best care from our previous clinic in regards to fertility treatments. The second we met Jani Jenson we felt that we made the right decision. We are currently only on our first round of iui with this clinic, but already feel so comfortable and confident that we will get a successful outcome. She took the time to answer the many questions we had and we never felt like it was rushed or just a number. She even talked to us a little bit about her family which is something I really appreciate coming from a doctor. She is so kind and makes sure we know exactly what the plan is going forward.
She didn’t seem rushed and spent time answering all of our questions. She also spent the time to tell us a little bit about herself and her family which is nice and something you usually don’t get from a doctor. She made us feel hopeful which we didn’t get from our other clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is very good at communication and the nurses will always call you back in a timely manner to answer any questions. The only weakness I would have is that the billing can be confusing and I have been double charged for blood tests, which did get reversed right away when I called.
I believe my first iui will be around $2000 out of pocket
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Stassart had a very warm approach. He explained the procedures clearly and compassionately. We were impressed with how personable and modest he was. He was correct in his methods, and we were successful on our first try.... We saw Dr. Stassart due to male infertility issues. He explained the Icsi procedure and estimated that based on my medical history and age, the process should be successful with one embryo transfer
The clinic [RMIA] seems to be well organized and supportive of current patients. My only negative rating refers to the time before we started the treatment when we were looking for a diagnosis and potential answers. We got this attitude from the scheduling and business reps, as well as from the NP who initially saw us. We had requested an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart who had been highly recommend to us, but we felt prevented from accessing him by the scheduling staff who assigned us to the NP in spite of repeated requests.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Stassart had a very warm approach. He explained the procedures clearly and compassionately. We were impressed with how personable and modest he was. He was correct in his methods, and we were successful on our first try. We are very grateful to Dr. Stassart for our miracle baby!
Getting started with appointments may be difficult, but once you’re in the door, you can expect a high quality service from Dr. Stassart and his team.
Dr. Stassart and the nurses we saw while in treatment were very warm, kind and personable. However, before we got to the treatment stage, we had had a very difficult time getting an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart to discuss a potential infertility diagnosis that we were initially unsure about. We could not get through to Dr. Stassart, the clinic scheduling reps kept telling us we needed to schedule treatment appointments when we were at first just looking for answers about what, if any infertility issues existed. We felt pressured to decide starting treatment before we were sure that this was the way to go. We could only get an appointment with a NP who coldly and bluntly confirmed an infertility diagnosis that we would have wanted to hear from a doctor. From that perspective, we felt like numbers and that this was mainly a business transaction. After we started the treatment, we felt more warmth and compassion from the staff.
We saw Dr. Stassart due to male infertility issues. He explained the Icsi procedure and estimated that based on my medical history and age, the process should be successful with one embryo transfer. He was correct. We achieved pregnancy from yhour first try, and had a healthy baby.
Once we started the treatment, everyone was wonderful to us, from front desk people, to business reps, to nurses. Before we started the treatment, we felt treated coldly by the scheduling and business reps, and by a the NP who diagnosed the male infertility issue.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic seems to be well organized and supportive of current patients. My only negative rating refers to the time before we started the treatment when we were looking for a diagnosis and potential answers. We got this attitude from the scheduling and business reps, as well as from the NP who initially saw us. We had requested an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart who had been highly recommend to us, but we felt prevented from accessing him by the scheduling staff who assigned us to the NP in spite of repeated requests.
Costs were higher than expected.
Based on my good medical record and relatively young age, Dr. Stassart estimated we would only need one embryo to be successful, and he was correct. We full trusted him and went with his recommendation.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. ... Dr.Stassart was very helpful making us understand the entire process and did not hesitate to answer to the detailed level of our ask.
Clinic was conveniently located, it had multiple locations to get labs done. Compassionate staff, Comfortable care. High standard in protocols. Quality equipment.Very professional, we will go back to them if required in our journey of building the family. ... Appointment follow ups, reminders would have helped. Time to return the call was high, and would have been better if it was quick as the entire process is time senstive.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. It would have helped better if the nurses could take the calls on priority and get the answers quicker to relieve my stress on timelines of meds intake.
Bear with the nursing staff and do not expect that there will reminders on the process. Do you homework on all the expectations and process timelines for better outcome.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Doctor had a strong preference to single transfer since it was a first time and it turned positvely for us. I appreciate his input on single transfer and helping us not risk on multiples.
Edina
Dr. Stassart took the time to fully explain everything to both me and my husband. He sat down with us during our initial consultation and explained the entire process, as well as how it related to our situation. He was warm and friendly, and we truly felt like he paid careful attention to our situation in order to help us achieve pregnancy.... We discussed this with Dr. Stassart as we wanted to transfer two embryo's. Dr. Stassart explained how this decision could play out (regarding multiple live births), but ultimately let us know that it was our decision as to how many embryos to transfer, and that he would support our decision to transfer more than one.
RMIA does a good job of being thorough with their intake so that they can develop the most successful plan possible. As a patient, it can be frustrating to wait a little longer or have to do more testing before beginning a cycle, but it's worth it if it means a plan that works.... Nursing staff was wonderful- they answered all of my questions and were always quick to respond to phone calls. They were warm and friendly, and appropriately optimistic.
Dr. Stassart was incredibly knowledgeable. We felt like his years of experience truly translated into him making an informed course of action for us- we didn't feel like we were expected to fit in to a one-size-fits-all program.
Ask questions! He's more than willing to discuss anything and everything, so utilize that time.
Menopur and Gonal-F, trigger shot after 7 days.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Our cycle was just shy of $8000 (completely out of pocket), with another $5000 in medication (out of pocket).
2019 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Leonard suggested we do genetic testing since we were more likely to end up with a large quantity of embryos and this gave us a better chance of transferring the best embryo to lead to a successful pregnancy. They retrieved 18 eggs, 13 fertilized, 10 were sent to genetic testing and we have 8 great quality embryos...Due to my age and our situation being MFI, we were told multiple embryo transfer would not be needed.
The staff at RMIA is amazing. They are very responsive and knowledgeable. They are also very compassionate and understand the pain of infertility. Everyone is on your side and always willing to help...They are very responsive and have staff that specializes in different departments. Everyone we’ve worked with from administration to financial to nurses have showed compassion and are always willing to answer questions
2019 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Our infertility journey is male factor and we went into treatment not knowing if my husband would have usable sperm. We thought we had a plan going into the appointment but there were a lot of different scenarios for our situation and more decisions that we didn’t think about. Dr Leonard walked us through our options in great detail but in a way that made sense to us. She provided detailed notes, graphs and diagrams from our meeting that helped a lot. She always provides her honest opinion and is truly thinking about our best interest. We are so thankful for her guidance and our egg retrieval went exactly how she expected.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Don’t hesitate to ask questions and ask for the doctors opinion
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
I could feel Dr. Leonard’s excitement for our treatment and want for our success during our first meeting. She took the time to answer all our questions and concerns. Her and her staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and we always felt we were getting the best care
Describe the protocols Phoebe Leonard used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Since I was not the infertility factor my medication and dosage wasn’t extreme. I do have cystic Ovaries so they anticipated retrieving a large amount of eggs. Dr Leonard suggested we do genetic testing since we were more likely to end up with a large quantity of embryos and this gave us a better chance of transferring the best embryo to lead to a successful pregnancy. They retrieved 18 eggs, 13 fertilized, 10 were sent to genetic testing and we have 8 great quality embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: There were multiple )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We’ve spent $15,000 so far on IVF. We’ve spent another $15,000 on male factor infertility
Describe Phoebe Leonard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Due to my age and our situation being MFI, we were told multiple embryo transfer would not be needed. Their main goal is to have a healthy pregnancy and baby so they really push single embryo transfer
Woodbury
Dr. Jensen was very compassionate to our needs and always had our best interest at heart. She listened to ideas that we had and took them into consideration when coming up with a treatment plan that would fit our needs. When finding out that we only had 2 follicles growing she gave us the option to continue with the cycle for retrieval making it clear that we may not retrieve any, but made us feel hopeful.
The clinic [RMIA] was great. Calming and clean atmosphere. I appreciated that children weren’t allowed in the clinic since this is a sensitive time for most people and having the reminder that you may not be able to have children is very difficult, so they’re compassionate towards their clients feelings. We always left knowing what we’d be scheduled for next and what to expect. They always returned any phone calls in a timely manner and answered questions to the best of their ability.
Dr. Jensen is wonderful at explaining every step of the process and what to expect. She is great at setting expectations and coming up with a treatment plan that is right for you, making sure to always listen to your thoughts and ideas and take them into consideration as well. She always made time during our appointments to answer any questions and I never felt rushed to leave or like she didn’t have time for us.
Never be afraid to ask questions, she’s great at answering any questions you have. Also if you have ideas for treatment share them with her, she’s more then willing to take them into consideration and will thoroughly explain why she’s picking the treatment plan that she has for you to have the best possible outcome.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve so we knew that I may not have many eggs left. At my day 3 ultrasound we saw an AFC of 11, so we were hopeful to get more eggs than expected. I was on birth control to regulate my cycle before starting IVF meds and then started wearing Testosterone patches for 5 days. After that I started with 75mg Menopur and 150 Follistim. Throughout this cycle only 2 eggs were responding. On day 7 we upped the Menopur to 150mg to see if we could get more eggs to respond. On day 10 only 2 were still responding, but went into retrieval getting a 23mm and a 13mm follicle.
The nurses were great! They always showed compassion and were understanding to what we were going through, never once did we feel judged or that our concerns were not valid. They were more than willing to answer any questions and always got back to us in a timely manner if we needed to leave a message.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic was great. Calming and clean atmosphere. I appreciated that children weren’t allowed in the clinic since this is a sensitive time for most people and having the reminder that you may not be able to have children is very difficult, so they’re compassionate towards their clients feelings. We always left knowing what we’d be scheduled for next and what to expect. They always returned any phone calls in a timely manner and answered questions to the best of their ability.
Monitoring appointments were generally on a specific day/time frame. You knew well in advance, which was nice to work around my work schedule.
Egg Retrieval, Anesthesia, Fertilization, and Fresh Embryo Transfer- $8750 ICSI$ 1200 Assisted Hatching-$400 Extended Culture (if needed)-$300 Embryo Cryopreservation (if applicable)-$1200 Embryo Storage (if applicable)-$60/month Frozen Embryo Transfer (Frozen Embryo Transfer after unsuccessful attempt $3,200)-$4000 Additional: Prescreening-$1500 Program Start Appointment-$2000 Monitoring ($2,500 retainer)**-$300-$3000 Medications – Fresh-$3,000-$5,000 Pregnancy Tests and Ultrasounds-sent through insurance By the end of it with medication costs we spent around $16,000
Dr. Jensen left this decision up to us knowing that we had DOR and this might be our only chance at having children with this IVF cycle. We decided that if we were to retrieve more than 2 follicles then we would transfer 2 and she was completely okay with this decision.
Woodbury

She [Dr. Jani Jensen] stated that two embryos a transfer is her max...is very personable and easy to talk to. She explains the process in layman terms and make sure that you understand the process...is very bubbly and a very positive person, which is a good thing to have in the room when you're dealing with so much unknown...Sometimes it feels like she may be rushing the conversation, but in reality she loves what she does and just wants to spill out everything she's thinking as quickly as possible.
We qualified for a warranty plan [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] which includes three retrievals and as many transfers as embryos we got. The cost for this was $15,000 not including medicine. We also received a first responder discount, because my husband is a police officer...The front desk can be a little tricky to get through in order to talk to a nurse. Your best bet is to ask to leave a message and have a nurse call you back. I find this frustrating because they tell you to call in with any questions but when you call you sometimes get the third degree from the front desk.
Dr. Jensen is very bubbly and a very positive person, which is a good thing to have in the room when you're dealing with so much unknown. She makes sure to explain things so they make sense to someone who is just starting on this journey.
Dr. Jensen is very personable and easy to talk to. She explains the process in layman terms and make sure that you understand the process.
Most of the nurses have been amazing, I can't imagine delivering the news that they have to on a daily basis. There have been some communication issues and lack of follow-through to submit prescriptions to clinics and orders to my satellite clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We qualified for a warranty plan which includes three retrievals and as many transfers as embryos we got. The cost for this was $15,000 not including medicine. We also received a first responder discount, because my husband is a police officer.
Dr. Jensen informed us that the different success rates for 1 or 2 embryo transfers. She stated that two embryos a transfer is her max.
I've had a few instances where my prescription was not sent to my local pharmacy and I had to play phone tag to get it sent. And one instance where a appointment was not sent to my satellite clinic and again I had to play phone tag to get that cleared up on a Friday afternoon for an appointment on Monday.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Jacques Stassart] was very thorough with all parts of the process. Very kind and explained everything as it was being done. He also made sure that not only I, but my husband, felt comfortable at all times. He is very gentle when he needs to be but very direct when he needs to be...started on menopur shots. Two days after starting, my body didn’t react as expected so my dose was upped from 3 to 5 vials... We ended up doing an unplanned freeze all which was devastating at the time. I’m glad that he had us go that route though. Having pcos made my body over react to the medication and recovery time was pretty brutal for me.
They [staff at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] are fantastic in all aspects! I was able to get my initial consultation scheduled right away. I had a phone conference with a lady who deals on the financial side of things to answer any questions I had before my meeting. She was able to go through all of our options with us and was able to answer every question we had...Nurses have been fantastic. They answer emails and messages within two hours and are so passionate about actually helping you get pregnant.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He was very thorough with all parts of the process. Very kind and explained everything as it was being done. He also made sure that not only I, but my husband, felt comfortable at all times. He is very gentle when he needs to be but very direct when he needs to be.
If you don’t agree with his advice, please let him know and/or take it. He knows what he is doing and only has your best interest in mind.
He was very good at explaining everything and making sure we understood every aspect of the process.
Started with birth control and other oral medications to prevent infection. Then after my baseline appointment I was able to stop birth control and started on menopur shots. Two days after starting, my body didn’t react as expected so my dose was upped from 3 to 5 vials. This STINGS by the way. After I got where I needed to be and eggies were looking good, we were able to take the lupron to prevent me from ovulating until I could take my trigger shot. I went down for my egg retrieval on a Thursday which worked out perfectly. I needed the weekend to recover as I got HOSS. We ended up doing an unplanned freeze all which was devastating at the time. I’m glad that he had us go that route though. Having pcos made my body over react to the medication and recovery time was pretty brutal for me. It took about a week and a half for my body to feel normal and my ovaries to get back to normal size. I was put on birth control and Now we are just waiting to hear from the doctor on when we can start our frozen transfer. I’m so thankful that we got 11 little embabies because I don’t think I could go through the retrieval procedure again. SO excited to start our frozen transfer and many prayers that the first one sticks!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They are fantastic in all aspects! I was able to get my initial consultation scheduled right away. I had a phone conference with a lady who deals on the financial side of things to answer any questions I had before my meeting. She was able to go through all of our options with us and was able to answer every question we had.
They actually allowed me to do monitoring at an approved clinic a lot closer to where I lived. RMIA is 3.5 hours from my house and with the 8 monitoring sessions I needed, it was wonderful that they allowed me to use a clinic just 30 minutes from my house
The clinic offers multiple plans including financing for certain plans. It’s unfortunate that IVF is so expensive and Minnesota is a state that doesn’t offer infertility insurance coverage at all. That leaves no options or help for people that are/weren’t expecting to have such an unexpected expense that. especially one that can’t be controlled such as blocked tubes.

IVF, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Jani Jensen] is always ready with a smile, which is helpful on the bad days. She explains medical theories with lay man terms for our understanding, and she gives great illustrations. She has been very accommodating of our situation; we are having my sister be our egg donor, my sister lives in a different country and Dr. Jensen has been able to re-arrange her schedule to meet with us, she availed is with medication specifications such that my sister could get her meds wherever she is, we definitely don’t feel like she is pushing us to or away from a specific angle with medication, as we have felt with other doctors.
There has been a 1000$ administrative cost [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates]...it feels more like a hotel lobby and that’s great...takes your mind off things for a while. The front desk could be better, most times we’ve been there, they kind of are rude about how busy they are. They’ll be on the phone and wave at you to wait, and then when they’re done, they’ll talk to each other for a while then get to you and it’s not the funnest thing in the world.
IVF, Donor Eggs
My experience with Dr. Jensen has been great so far. She is always ready with a smile, which is helpful on the bad days. She explains medical theories with lay man terms for our understanding, and she gives great illustrations. She has been very accommodating of our situation; we are having my sister be our egg donor, my sister lives in a different country and Dr. Jensen has been able to re-arrange her schedule to meet with us, she availed is with medication specifications such that my sister could get her meds wherever she is, we definitely don’t feel like she is pushing us to or away from a specific angle with medication, as we have felt with other doctors. We are able to do our research on the treatments she recommends and when we discuss our concerns with her, she is very knowledgeable and isn’t caught offguard by any questions. I’ve had doctors in the past have to pull up a google page to look up what am asking and that’s not right. I feel that Dr. Jensen has taken the time to know us, she remembers that my sister is out of the country, that my sister has kids, and she makes us feel like she’s taken interest in our life generally, that’s very helpful because it portrays that she cares and isn’t coming in to see us with another patient’s history or accidentally referring to us as someone else...it’s happened at another clinic before. So yes, so far, happy with our doctor.
Do your research, have questions ready, because she will answer them all. Don’t feel intimidated by the process, be sure to bring up everything that’s going on because she will try her best to work around your circumstances, and make things work out. So be honest and put all your cards out there.
Dr. Jensen is warm and cheerful, she passes on information to me carefully and is patient with my questions, making sure my husband and I understand her before she leaves the room. She hasn’t set any wild expectations, and she hasn’t crushed our expectations either, I believe she has a happy balance between our excitement and the scientific research showing our odds for pregnancy through donor egg IVF. She has a great assistant who is prompt with communication and is also very cheerful, I only find this a bonus trait because the infertility journey can be sad and gloomy most of the way, so to work with a cheerful team that puts a smile on my face is a huge plus. We haven’t yet started the retrieval process and are still at the stage of taking prenatal vitamins and oral contraceptives, however so far, my husband and I are comfortable and happy with our team.
Our journey has just started with Dr. Jensen, so far my sister is on Yazmin the oral contraceptive, since she will be our egg donor, and I am taking my prenatals, and I am wearing an estrogen patch. We start on an actual cycle next month and I can be sure to update my review then.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Katisha Bishop)
Katisha has awesome spirit, she laughs as makes jokes and makes the process kind of fun, it’s definately nice to go see her. This is just really important when going through such a rough time with infertility - to not be sad and frustrated or uncomfortable with them team, but to actually enjoy your time with them. We are currently enjoying the visits we have with Katisha. She is great at getting back to us with important information, very timely and detailed. She listens to what it is we are looking for and she gives recommendations based on our needs and our journey.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic has a great atmosphere, they have chocolate for you in the lobby so that’s fun. It’s not a tropical clinic waiting area, it feels more like a hotel lobby and that’s great...takes your mind off things for a while. The front desk could be better, most times we’ve been there, they kind of are rude about how busy they are. They’ll be on the phone and wave at you to wait, and then when they’re done, they’ll talk to each other for a while then get to you and it’s not the funnest thing in the world. The water dispenser could be a little more visible, you are bound to need to fill up for altra sounds so it would make sense to have the water dispenser not be tucked off in a corner. But I get that it wouldn’t go with the decor. The rooms in which you meet the doctor and nurses are pretty and calming. There are no children allowed at the clinic so as you plan your clinic visit, you should make arrangements for any children you might have in your care. There’s great parking space, so there’s no need to worry about that, and the clinic is easy to locate.
There has been a 1000$ administrative cost We have talked to a psychologist for about 300$ We have had blood work done for myself, my husband and sister, which costs we haven’t gotten yet. My husband has had a demented analysis which cost we haven’t got. My sister’s Yazmin, and altrasounds too have some costs associated that we haven’t yet got. So far that’s all we have done.
We haven’t discussed this in detail yet, again, I shall update my review once we have gone through the full IVF cycle.
Woodbury

[Dr. Stassart is] up to date on all the research and customize the protocol to you and your partner... I was on a high dose of menopur to start but my estrogen sky rocketed because I was a great responder so I went down to half the amount of menopur. I stimmes for 9 days and had a retrieval where we retrieved 42 eggs...We switched to a freeze all before the retrieval so that my estrogen could come down and to avoid OHSS...really insisted I do a single embryo transfer because of my age. He wants to keep me safe before trying to push the envelope with two embryos. You don’t know how well someone can carry one baby let alone two. He picks safety first, even though that’s not always what we want!
had a retrieval [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] where we retrieved 42 eggs. 29 mature eggs and 27 fertilized. 15 blastocysts frozen...I am under the warranty program...It is a cost of 15,000 dollars for the three cycle package. The monitoring wasn’t covered because I did that locally and the medicine wasn’t covered except for menopur which I bought for 4,000 dollars at RMIA...they communicate well, they allow monitoring locally, and they allow several types of payments. It does take a while to get in but once you are a patient the process keeps moving smoothly. I really have had a fantastic experience so I can’t find a weakness yet. I really feel like I made the right choice with my clinic and they treat me so well so I can’t sit here and try to find a weakness.
As I said before, Dr. Stassart went out of his way to check on my well being even when I wasn’t planning to see him. My retrieval wasn’t with him but he came and found me after to make sure I was okay even though he was so busy. He calls on vacations and reassures you every step of the way. He is so well versed in IVF and his success rates are outstanding. He is the founder of RMIA but doesn’t act like a JUST the founder—he is really passionate about his patients. Not just about the money and success rates. What other doctor would take the time to call on his vacation and talk with a patient for an hour!
To understand that even though he may be part of the older generation of doctors, he is still up to date on all the research and customize the protocol to you and your partner.
I felt like a human withDr. Stassart for many reasons. At our consultation he explained everything step by step for about an hour and really customized our protocol. We had a great outcome, better than we were expecting! After my retrieval where I got 42 eggs, I was in a lot of pain and Dr. Stassart came and found me even while he was busy doing transfers to make sure that I was alright and to ensure me that a freeze all cycle was going to be great and I would recover with time! After this, he called me on his vacation to personally see how I was recovering and to make sure I was ready to start me frozen embryo transfer. I cannot say enough good things about how human I have felt through this whole process, being as it is so mentally and physically and emotionally tough.
I was on a menopur only protocol and started ganerilix halfway through my stimulation. I was on a high dose of menopur to start but my estrogen sky rocketed because I was a great responder so I went down to half the amount of menopur. I stimmes for 9 days and had a retrieval where we retrieved 42 eggs. 29 mature eggs and 27 fertilized. 15 blastocysts frozen. We switched to a freeze all before the retrieval so that my estrogen could come down and to avoid OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
The whole staff at RMIA has been great so far. From the scheduling team, to payment team, to nursing team, to anesthesiologist team, to embryology team, to all the doctors and everyone else—they all have been great! They communicated well, and call me every day that I expected. They called when I was going through OHSS symptoms daily... to make sure I was progressing the right way. They truly care about your safety and not just about stats. The one time there was a miscommunication everyone was VERY apologetic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic strengths are that they communicate well, they allow monitoring locally, and they allow several types of payments. It does take a while to get in but once you are a patient the process keeps moving smoothly. I really have had a fantastic experience so I can’t find a weakness yet. I really feel like I made the right choice with my clinic and they treat me so well so I can’t sit here and try to find a weakness.
I am under the warranty program with Dr. Stassart. It is a cost of 15,000 dollars for the three cycle package. The monitoring wasn’t covered because I did that locally and the medicine wasn’t covered except for menopur which I bought for 4,000 dollars at RMIA.
Dr. Stassart really insisted I do a single embryo transfer because of my age. He wants to keep me safe before trying to push the envelope with two embryos. You don’t know how well someone can carry one baby let alone two. He picks safety first, even though that’s not always what we want!
Woodbury

Jani [Jensen] is a very positive person and balances that well with being candid and not artificially inflating our chances of success....She has extensively chatted with us every time we come in for a checkup or procedure. She seems to actively be investing in our fertility journey.... She gave us the statistics regarding eSET or transferring 2 embryos and we were hoping to transfer 2, but only had 1 usable egg from the retrieval.
This clinic has friendly, competent doctors and friendly staff as well. They have 2 locations and the one that is closer for us, Edina, is frustratingly under-equipped. We chose RMIA - in part - because of the convenience of going to the Edina locaiton, but they seem to have very limited equipment, staff and hours for performing vital IVF check-up procedures at that location and they are always trying to get us to drive 4 times as far to their Woodbury location.
Jani is a very positive person and balances that well with being candid and not artificially inflating our chances of success. She has been much better at relating to us and the frustrations associated with infertility than our previous doctor.
I would be sure to talk through all of the additional costs for the various medications - on top of the IVF or IUI fees. We weren't prepared for exactly how many drugs and how expensive they were.
We did one round of IUI using Menopur and a few other drugs along with timed intercourse. Since we had already tried IUI 4 times at our previous clinic, we were ready to move on to IVF. We used a combination of Menopur, Gonal-F and a few oral medications. We only were able to get one usable egg from the retrieval and we implanted it after 3 days. Still waiting to see if it takes.
They struggled getting my wife's IV inserted when she went in for the egg retrieval. It took 2 nurses 4+ attempts and was difficult for my wife. They were very positive and seem to be invested in our hopes to get pregnant. Very friendly and sensitive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
$23,000 for a warranty program that allowed up to 3 IVF cycles and an 80% refund if not successful. This did not include all drugs and a program start fee of $2,000.
There was one RX they thought they had called in, but our pharmacy didn't get it. They were fairly quick in rectifying it. They said they would call us the afternoon of our retrieval procedure and we didn't hear from them so I had to call and leave them a message before they responded to us.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Leonard was always open to communication. She was aware of our financial situation and being in a LGBTQ+ relationship she was very competent and aware of resources and procedures available. She also works closely with our primary OB/GYN and they both would answer questions in regards to our treatments....Due to my age and previous chemical pregnancy, Dr. Leonard didn’t waste time and prescribed Clomid right way for our first IUI. I would go back for blood work occasionally to monitor my progesterone levels and she also prescribed progesterone for my low levels.
Aside from how expensive fertility treatments are, this clinic [Reproductive Med & Infertility Associates] is a great place for treatment. The original intake does take a while so plan on a wait before your first appointment. But once you have a treatment plan it’s easy to make appointments and reschedule things. They also wash sperm at their facility and guarantee motility so we were able to use ICI vials for an IUI procedure.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Leonard was always open to communication. She was aware of our financial situation and being in a LGBTQ+ relationship she was very competent and aware of resources and procedures available. She also works closely with our primary OB/GYN and they both would answer questions in regards to our treatments. Dr. Leonard was also compassionate when we had pregnancy loss and never pressured us to start trying again. She always let us pick our timelines of our procedures with what we felt comfortable with.
Ask lots of questions. She’s brilliant but at times I wasn’t sure if she already expected patients to have fertility 101 knowledge under their belt because sometimes I’d have to go back because I didn’t understand everything. She wants her patients to get pregnant and use a method that fits within your means. Although we had pregnancy loss she never pressured IVF because she knows our financial barriers.
All the appointments went really quickly and it was other nurses who would do inseminations. We would only meet with Dr. Leonard when we needed to consult with positive or negative results and complications. But when we would meet with her she would provide us all our options in a respectful manner.
Due to my age and previous chemical pregnancy, Dr. Leonard didn’t waste time and prescribed Clomid right way for our first IUI. I would go back for blood work occasionally to monitor my progesterone levels and she also prescribed progesterone for my low levels. My first IUI was a negative pregnancy test. So the second IUI she increased the Clomid because I wasn’t producing enough follicles that she wanted. Then again with progesterone. This resulted in a positive pregnancy but unfortunately had a D&C because due to miscarriage around week 9.
Their online intake packet is extensive and I think initially there was some confusion about what nurse was assigned to us. But if I had questions I could call that nurse directly and it was the same nurse doing the IUI procedures. They were all nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Aside from how expensive fertility treatments are, this clinic is a great place for treatment. The original intake does take a while so plan on a wait before your first appointment. But once you have a treatment plan it’s easy to make appointments and reschedule things. They also wash sperm at their facility and guarantee motility so we were able to use ICI vials for an IUI procedure.
$3,000 each round of IUI (ultrasounds, blood work, monitoring, etc) $30 copay for Clomid each round $200 out of pocket for Ovidrel shot $10 copay for progesterone
We did not use this procedure, so no comment.
Woodbury

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.

Dr. Leonard tries to get to know us as individuals, not just another patient. She went through fertility treatment herself, so she is able to relate to her patients. She encouraged us to start treatment with IUI and didn't push IVF. She listens and is open to our thoughts and preferences. She is practical and doesn't seem to order a lot of unnecessary tests. She explains things thoroughly.
Clinic [RMIA-Woodbury] overall seems very well organized. They promptly return phone calls, including front office staff, schedulers and business office. They use secure emailing, which is a great and they use a patient portal to post the clinic notes that can be accessed at any time. Every staff member we've encountered has been friendly and compassionate.... Primary nurse and other nursing staff have been great. They promptly return all my phone calls and emails.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you understand everything
She tries to get to know us personally, not just our medical history or reason for treatment. She remembers personal details about us. She tries to tailor our treatment to our individual situation and preferences. She welcomes our thoughts and opinions.
Clomid (5-7 days?, can't recall dose), Ovidrel to induce ovulation, then IUI with partner specimen. Clomid thinned my uterus too much. Only 1 follicle developed. Sperm count in specimen was also very low. Cycle was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tawney ?Last name)
Primary nurse and other nursing staff have been great. They promptly return all my phone calls and emails. I love that the clinic uses secure email to communicate too. I work full time so this makes communication much easier. Nurses are very thorough in explaining directions and protocols. Our primary nurse also went through fertility treatment so she understands what we're going through.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic overall seems very well organized. They promptly return phone calls, including front office staff, schedulers and business office. They use secure emailing, which is a great and they use a patient portal to post the clinic notes that can be accessed at any time. Every staff member we've encountered has been friendly and compassionate.
Our health insurance doesn't cover fertility treatment so most costs are incurred by us. Part of the office visits and part of some labs were covered, otherwise nothing else associated with IUI. Per the pricing sheet provided by the clinic, these are some of the costs of an IUI (not factoring in any insurance): Baseline ultrasound $255 Follicle study ultrasound $510/each Clinic visits $160 Insemination $437 Sperm prep $100 LH $83 Estradiol $375
We had one set of lab results that were never called to us. We had a pending follow up appointment with our doctor in a few weeks however so we've never called to ask for them.