Genetic counseling: Offered
2425 W 22nd St
Oakbrook, IL 60611
25 Winfield Rd
Winfield, IL 60190
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine Institute to a friend?

7.1

Dr. Rana was helpful during our initial consult in explaining why my husband's sperm count and motility pretty much necessitated IVF. That was the most informative conversation i got through this process..when I had concerns about my mental wellbeing and questions about exercising during the process for my mental health, Dr. Rana didn't seem to understand why I would want to exercise for reasons other than weight loss. I was feeling down and frustrated and like I needed more information and support. However he simply referred me to an acupuncturist, and I didn't feel entirely supported or heard.
I don't always feel a great connection with the people on my care team [at RMI]. The most caring and compassionate nurses and staff I've encountered are actually people I've worked with when they were covering for someone else. I often felt like I wanted more information than was provided for me, and felt very alone in the process... I love the phlebotomist -- she's always cheerful... The communication can feel lacking, and I do sometimes feel like I would like a more personal touch. The medical parts of this process have gone very well so far; it's just the emotional support that feels lacking
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rana was helpful during our initial consult in explaining why my husband's sperm count and motility pretty much necessitated IVF. That was the most informative conversation i got through this process. However, when I had concerns about my mental wellbeing and questions about exercising during the process for my mental health, Dr. Rana didn't seem to understand why I would want to exercise for reasons other than weight loss. I was feeling down and frustrated and like I needed more information and support. However he simply referred me to an acupuncturist, and I didn't feel entirely supported or heard.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I felt that I had little information about this process. I skipped over IUI and straight to IVF, so perhaps my team felt I understood more than I did. I got a phone call at 4:45pm on a Friday the first time I was told to do injections, and felt I had zero support. Throughout the process I learned I needed to ask far more questions, because I felt the information they provided me was not sufficient. I did have a consultation with Dr. Rana after our first failed transfer, and I appreciated the time he took to meet with me. However, I didn't always feel like my concerns were being fully heard.
Describe the protocols Nasir Rana used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
I had to do a round of birth control before each cycle. For my Stim cycle, I was on Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirelix. I also had to do Doxycycline before each transfer. For my frozen transfer I was on two pills of Estrace twice a day and PIO. For my fresh transfer it was only one Estrace pill 2x day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Krystyna)
My coordinator, Krystyna, is okay. She responds to calls quickly, but I do wish I had a direct extension to be able to reach her. I also haven't had much facetime with her, other than when we were first getting started and when we have to sign paperwork. But, it's actually the nursing staff during the retrieval and transfers are the ones I like best. They're much more approachable and informative, and have a friendlier demeanor.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I'm still undergoing treatment with RMI, so I am unable to write a full review of the entire process. That said, there are some things I like and some things I don't. I don't always feel a great connection with the people on my care team. The most caring and compassionate nurses and staff I've encountered are actually people I've worked with when they were covering for someone else. I often felt like I wanted more information than was provided for me, and felt very alone in the process. I tried my best to stay away from the internet and only go off instructions from my actual doctor/nurse, but sometimes that was extremely hard because I didn't feel well informed. There are great staff members, though. I love the phlebotomist -- she's always cheerful and will pick the colored gauze to match your outfit that day. I also have almost always been able to get an early enough appointment to get my bloodwork done before work, which is appreciated. The communication can feel lacking, and I do sometimes feel like I would like a more personal touch. The medical parts of this process have gone very well so far; it's just the emotional support that feels lacking. Finally, I have heard from friends at smaller clinics that while they know their team very well, the doctor will only perform transfers every three months -- I could not handle that, and I am grateful that RMI works with the schedule that's best for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
My insurance covered nearly all of the procedure, other than embryo storage, once my deductible was met.
Describe Nasir Rana's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
My doctor recommended "1 or 2" embryos, and I selected 1 both times, for my fresh and frozen transfer. If this cycle doesn't work, I will do 2 next time. I think Dr. Rana prefers two, but when I told him I'd prefer 1, he didn't push one way or another.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute.

Dr R [Rinehart] can't see patients at every visit. He has multiple clinics and numerous patients. However, he spends as much time as possible with me during the visits I had with him. Spoke candidly, and never left me with questions ... Dr eggos only transfer 1 for first FET. Agreed to two for second ... Dr. R always has a kind word and looks me in the eye.
My care team [Reproductive Medicine Inst] is always there for me. From the receptionist knowing my name on sight, to the nurses who treat me like friends. ... As a new patient I was unhappy about the wait to get my first appointment, and then the decision to try three more natural cycles after adding some meds for my thyroid and bromocriptine for my prolactin levels. But then things picked up and I'm very happy with our progression with the clinic. They are great at uploading documents, keeping me informed, and reaching out with information.
European, Other
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr R can't see patients at every visit. He has multiple clinics and numerous patients. However, he spends as much time as possible with me during the visits I had with him. Spoke candidly, and never left me with questions
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Just because you don't see him every time doesn't mean he isn't reviewing your chat and keeping track of you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
My care team is always there for me. From the receptionist knowing my name on sight, to the nurses who treat me like friends. Dr. R always has a kind word and looks me in the eye.
Describe the protocols John Rinehart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
My IUI protocal was letrozole only. Increased dosage for 2nd and 3rd round. 3rd round cancelled due to low follicle result. ER cycle was bcp start, 75 menopur and 150 gonal F with a lupron +hcg trigger. FET protocal is bcp start, estrace and lupron then PIO
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa is amazing. But so are all the other nurses I've worked with. I cannot say enough nice things. From the texts and phone calls to the general compassion they show me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Ivf cycle was priced at about 10k My meds were covered so I'm not sure how $$$ they were Iui was about $300 before insurance, 40 after Sperm count and freeze both about 200
Describe John Rinehart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Dr eggos only transfer 1 for first FET. Agreed to two for second
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute.

She's [Dr. Trukhacheva] very understanding, great at explaining things, and takes your thoughts and feelings into consideration. However she is pretty much always late for procedures, one egg retrival she was about 1.5 hrs late to. ... My embryo transfers have been smoother with her since the timing isn't as critical. I really like her, I just wish she wasn't always running behind.
The staff [Repro Med Inst] is always very friendly and welcoming. I wish they had a transfer center in the city though, because we have to drive about 45 mins for procedures. The nurse who draws blood does a great job, I rarely ever bruise. ... The nurse forgot to call in my rx for estradiol ahead of time, so they had to call it in the day I started it for my FET.
How was your experience with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
She's very understanding, great at explaining things, and takes your thoughts and feelings into consideration. However she is pretty much always late for procedures, one egg retrival she was about 1.5 hrs late to. I also feel like since she is often late she sometimes rushes through the procedures, my last egg retrival, where she was about 90 mins late, I was in a ton of pain after and I think it's because she rushed through it. My embryo transfers have been smoother with her since the timing isn't as critical. I really like her, I just wish she wasn't always running behind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Go into it knowing she will be late for your procedure, so you're not stressing over it as much when it happens.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
She takes the time to listen to your concerns and takes your thoughts into consideration.
Describe the protocols Elena Trukhacheva used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
I don't recall the specific protocol, but I was on menopur(3 vials), follistim, lupron and ganirelix. We also used icsi because my husband had kind of low sperm counts and my egg quality wasn't the greatest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Catelyn)
Catelyn wasnt always very great at getting back to me, and reading my messages completely before replying to them. I also had to hound her to turn in our treatment plan to billing, so we could know what we would owe before transfer.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The location downtown is very convenient, and never super busy. The staff is always very friendly and welcoming. I wish they had a transfer center in the city though, because we have to drive about 45 mins for procedures. The nurse who draws blood does a great job, I rarely ever bruise.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I was always able to go in for monitoring appts first thing in the morning before work and there was usually maybe 1 other person at that time in the mornings, so not busy at all. There was only 1 time I was almost late to work, because I had to wait for a nurse to arrive to speak with them about something.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I cant remember the costs for the retrivals, but I do know that anesthesia wasnt covered, even though the center was in network. For FETs it was around $1300 after insurance coverage.
Describe Elena Trukhacheva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
She ultimately left it up to is, but the time we had 2 embryos she strongly encouraged using both since I'm older and my egg quality isn't great.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute.

In our opinion, he [Dr. Rinehart] wasn’t concerned about the success of my IVF round – he just wanted to get it over and done with. The most upsetting thing that occurred is when I asked him if it is normal to have an ovary produce no follicles. This is when he told me “Well you’re not normal. If you were, you would be sitting in an OB/GYN office instead of a fertility clinic.” That is absolutely uncalled for and he caused his patient to go home and cry.
My husband and I ended up having a horrible experience at RMI. ... Once I had all of my medications shipped to me, I had to proactively ask the coordinator if there was any risk of being on the medications I currently was on. Turns out one of the medications I was on couldn't be mixed with the fertility medication. They never asked me that in advance - it could have been a bad drug interaction if I didn't go out of my way to ask. That should be on their radar
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
My husband and I ended up having a horrible experience at RMI. We initially were with Dr. Nayak and thoroughly enjoyed our experience with her. However, when she went on leave we were informed that Dr. Rinehart would oversee our IVF process and was assured that we were in good hands and he had the experience and qualifications necessary to oversee our IVF process. I was told that Dr. Rinehart would meet with us before the egg retrieval and conduct the ultrasound. I brought my husband with as I thought he would enjoy meeting him as well but the experience was not what we had in mind. When Dr. Rinehart entered the room, he barely introduced himself, didn’t shake my husband’s hand and went straight to business of conducting the ultrasound. I didn’t feel that he took the time to read up on my case because for one, he read my previous ultrasound results incorrectly and I had to correct him. He also made a comment “that would only occur if you have endometriosis which you don’t” but if he read my history correctly, he would have seen that Dr. Nayak found signs of endometriosis from previous ultrasounds. After concluding that I had three follicles in my left ovary and zero in my right ovary, I was shocked that he wanted to go forward with IVF. When I asked him if IUI would be a better option, he indicated that IVF is more successful than IUI. While that may be true, my insurance covers only 2 IVF cycles. A doctor should take into consideration ones financial situation as it is a highly risky financial decision to proceed with IVF with only 3 follicles. After consulting with a nurse from Progyny, she agreed that number was low for egg retrieval. Additionally, after meeting with another doctor at a different fertility clinic and telling him our experience, he confirmed we made the right decision to not proceed with egg extraction with only 3 follicles. In our opinion, he wasn’t concerned about the success of my IVF round – he just wanted to get it over and done with. The most upsetting thing that occurred is when I asked him if it is normal to have an ovary produce no follicles. This is when he told me “Well you’re not normal. If you were, you would be sitting in an OB/GYN office instead of a fertility clinic.” That is absolutely uncalled for and he caused his patient to go home and cry. It is already emotionally difficult enough for women going through this process. The last thing I (or any other woman) deserves is for a doctor to tell her that she is not normal. I am disgusted with his behavior and lack of bedside manner. I highly caution any couple seeking fertility services to see this doctor.
Keep away
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Coordinator is responsive; strength is that the have multiple locations throughout the Chicagoland area. A few of their offices are small and not in the best shape. The medication schedule is a bit outdated. They write it down on a piece of paper and scan it to you. Would be better if they got with the times and had an electronic version for patients
A few hundred dollars as two medications were not covered under my plans formulary
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Rinehart] was very detailed about the risks and percentages of each option...I have endometriosis and have done a lot of research. Some of the explanations Dr. Rhinehart provided went over my husband’s head, but I was well informed and was able to keep up because I did my homework...wanted to be more aggressive than if I didn’t have it. It was nice to finally have a solution and a plan of attack.
Everyone in the office [at Reproductive Medicine Institute- Chicago] showed courtesy and was extremely helpful and understanding...The nurses were exceptional. I have never had to wait for an appointment. I had my period the perfect time for an ultrasound and they performed it that day. They explained everything in detail, spoke about insurance, provided a timeline and wrote every date out, answered every question we had and one provided her story of infertility and how she was successful with IVF. They’re all amazing.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rhinehart listened to both me and my husband. He was able to get my husband and I to compromise on a plan that made us both comfortable. He provided three options, explained them in detail, made a suggestion and was very open to what we wanted. Dr. Rhinehart was very detailed about the risks and percentages of each option. I’ve heard nothing but positive reviews and I highly recommend this doctor.
I have endometriosis and have done a lot of research. Some of the explanations Dr. Rhinehart provided went over my husband’s head, but I was well informed and was able to keep up because I did my homework. The team is very good at explaining all of the processes and procedures, but it’s still a lot to take in.
Everyone in the office showed courtesy and was extremely helpful and understanding.
I am currently doing my first IUI cycle with Clomid and HCG shots before and after the procedure. My gyno did an extensive work up and diagnosis of endometriosis, but did not want to attribute that to my infertility. She did not want to prescribe clomid and said she could not definitively say that my infertility was due to my endometriosis. I had MRIs done, multiple ultrasounds, the dye testing to see if my tubes were open and a lot more prior to going to Dr. Rhinehart. He examined the findings and immediately said it was due to the endometriosis and wanted to be more aggressive than if I didn’t have it. It was nice to finally have a solution and a plan of attack.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
It is very clean and professional. There is parking behind the building and is easily accessible. The hours are not ideal due to abnormal work week, however I’ve been able to go on my lunches since it’s so close to where I work.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Rana's biggest strength is his experience and ability to clearly communicate each step of the process. He is direct which helped us a great deal but could be offputting to patients who would prefer a more delicate approach. At no point did I feel I was under the care of an uninformed doctor. His greatest weakness, in my opinion, is how he communicates. ... I believe that if we needed to ask more or had more details to discuss, it would have been more difficult.
Clinic's Strengths: Well organized and accommodating to your work schedule ... I have never experienced longer than necessary wait times or felt that it was a hassle to schedule my appointments. ... Clinic's Weakness: Phone system that only allows for calling one main line and being transferred. This is especially unhelpful if you receive a call from someone when the office is technically closed and the main phone lines go to their answering service.
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rana's biggest strength is his experience and ability to clearly communicate each step of the process. He is direct which helped us a great deal but could be offputting to patients who would prefer a more delicate approach. At no point did I feel I was under the care of an uninformed doctor. His greatest weakness, in my opinion, is how he communicates. As we were told and observed during the first cycle, our case had little to no complications and did not require a lot of explaining. I believe that if we needed to ask more or had more details to discuss, it would have been more difficult.
Research the entire process so that you can ask him direct questions during the consultation. Also, if you know that you will require a doctor who is more sensitive, he may not be the ideal fit.
Working with Dr. Rana, I definitely felt more like a human than a number. I am unable to say, unequivocally, that I felt completely human under his care because the consultation felt a bit "paint by numbers" while discussing our needs. I believe if we had more questions to ask, he would have answered them with no issue. However, there have been moments where I feel he has been doing this work for so long that we all just sort of bleed into each other and don't stand out as unique patients.
We used an Antagonist Protocol for our first cycle. The medications included 7 days of Follistim and Menopur for the first 7 days, and Ganirelix was added from days 8-13 as well as several days following the egg retrieval. We used Novarel for the HCG injection shot. The rationale was not explained to us at all but we were provided with details on what injections to take and when via our portal following each blood draw and exam.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Huma and Krystyna)
Huma, Dr. Rana's primary nurse, has been amazing. She is available to answer questions and direct us to the appropriate member of our care team. Honestly, we communicate with her much more than Dr. Rana. Krystyna, our IVF coordinator, has also been great. She is direct with all of her communication and clearly explained what we need to do in each step of the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Clinic's Strengths: Well organized and accommodating to your work schedule Clinic's Weakness: Phone system that only allows for calling one main line and being transferred. This is especially unhelpful if you receive a call from someone when the office is technically closed and the main phone lines go to their answering service. I have never experienced longer than necessary wait times or felt that it was a hassle to schedule my appointments. Everyone is incredibly friendly and remembers you as a patient, which is probably due to how frequently they see you in a week!
$2700 out-of-pocket costs for IVF with PGS/PGD $250 out-of-pocket costs for prescriptions Insurance covered a great deal of our first cycle
We have discussed multiple embryo transfer as an option with Dr. Rana but are waiting to discuss further after our second (and hopefully last!) IVF cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

The main issue I have is Dr. T[rukhacheva] was over an hour and 15min late for my FET transfer (they tell you to come 30min early with a full bladder) and they didn’t have a room for us so we were put in a office to get ready for transfer...I’ve had no contact with her since my consultation (she did my retrieval and transfer but there was no conversation)...When the cycle failed (2 embryos transferred) we were left in the dark. It was a devastating loss for us. The clinic didn’t even call me they sent a message through the patient portal.
When the cycle failed (2 embryos transferred) we were left in the dark. It was a devastating loss for us. The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Institute] didn’t even call me they sent a message through the patient portal...The nurses I’ve been working with are very friendly and understanding. Unfortunately I feel like they are put in a bad spot because patients like to speak to their doctor sometimes and it seems like it’s not an option. I’m sure they’ve taken the burden of unhappy patients when it is not their fault.
My first experience with ivf was not what I had been anticipating. After our consultation we were very excited and hopeful that we would be parents soon! When the cycle failed (2 embryos transferred) we were left in the dark. It was a devastating loss for us. The clinic didn’t even call me they sent a message through the patient portal. I felt like we were given a fluffy, one sided speech about the success of ivf during our consultation. My husband is an engineer and I’m very literal. We both like to know the facts and odds so we can prepare properly. I believe we were told our chances of success with one embryo transfer was 60% and transferring 2 would put us at a 80% chance. Since our failed cycle I’ve learned that those numbers are just wrong. I feel like my doctor should have given us the real facts in stead of making me search the web. I have not had a chance to discuss my concerns or ask why she thinks it failed with Dr. T because I’ve had no contact with her since my consultation (she did my retrieval and transfer but there was no conversation). I’m in the middle of my 2ww currently so I can’t say Dr. T has completely failed me yet however my experience so far has been disappointing to say the least.
She seems like a nice person and is friendly enough but she’s not the greatest communicator and runs behind a lot!
I started with ivf and I was on menopur, follistim, ganirelex, for stimulating follicles and PIO injections, and estrace for transfer. I can’t remember the exact doses but my body responded very well with low does from what I’ve read. I did get good results from the protocol she used!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The staff is friendly and they have a lot of early morning appointments so you can go before work. It runs pretty smoothly, I take more issue with the doctors running on time and their bedside manner.
My insurance covered most except embryo freezing.
2013 - 2018
4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
We did 4 IUIs, three retrievals and I think 6 transfers [with Dr. Trukhacheva]. The last transfer resulted in our second child. The first 3 were single and then we did two more transfers of 2 embryos (we had to thaw 3 to get 2 at one point.) All were PGS tested... is a no nonsense doctor. She is very clinical and often late, but she provides very good care. Every time something didn’t work like we were hoping she would give us a hug and work to adjust. We got two wonderful babies from her and her clinic. I would recommend her.
They [nurses] are caring, knowledgeable and helpful during a very rough and emotional process...Being under 40 we started by transferring 1 at a time. Then we began transferring two to hopefully get a better chance of conceiving. That worked and we had one child from a double transfer...They have good hours. I had to get in early and they were always able to get me in so I wasn’t late for work.
2013 - 2018
4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Dr T is a no nonsense doctor. She is very clinical and often late, but she provides very good care. Every time something didn’t work like we were hoping she would give us a hug and work to adjust. We got two wonderful babies from her and her clinic. I would recommend her.
Trust her. She gives every patient care and attention even if she’s not all warm and fuzzy all the time or running on time.
Annie and the nurses are wonderful and so supportive.
We did 3 IUIs with our first daughter. 2 at a different clinic. The last one with Dr. T. That resulted in our first child. We did 4 IUIs, three retrievals and I think 6 transfers. The last transfer resulted in our second child. The first 3 were single and then we did two more transfers of 2 embryos (we had to thaw 3 to get 2 at one point.) All were PGS tested. I forget all the meds. There were so many over the time we were patients. Clomid, injectables, patches, you name it, we had it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Annie)
Annie and Robin are the best. We also had other nursing staff during our journey who were great. Stacy and Annie were both there during our first daughter. Annie and Robin were the primary nurses during our second child. They are caring, knowledgeable and helpful during a very rough and emotional process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
They have good hours. I had to get in early and they were always able to get me in so I wasn’t late for work. Dr. T is always running late, but she will give you the care and attention needed. The billing department was fine. A lot of turnover when we were there but they explained everything in detail which was helpful.
Our insurance covered much of the treatments except for certain medications and the PGS testing.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Rinehart was respectful about our hesitations in pursuing IUI/IVF and allowed us to make some modifications to the process. He seems to be a scientist at heart. He presented the facts and probabilities of our case as he saw them, and was very matter of fact. ... At our IVF consult Dr. Rinehart said he recommended transferring only one embryo ... he would allow two embryos to be transferred if that is what we really wanted
At times there were some miscommunications between Oak Lawn and the main Oak Brook clinic [Reproductive Medicine Institute] in regards to billing, so my recommendation is to just error on the side of over communicating with both. ... They [nurses] were all very friendly and compassionate, and took time to answer all our questions and hypothetical scenarios. ... My advice to future patients would be to clarify your desire with the doctor and transfer team before the day of transfer, so that you do not have to make (or reconsider) your decision moments before the procedure).
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rinehart was respectful about our hesitations in pursuing IUI/IVF and allowed us to make some modifications to the process. He seems to be a scientist at heart. He presented the facts and probabilities of our case as he saw them, and was very matter of fact. My husband has a science background and related well to him. After a successful IVF cycle, Dr. Rinehart was very warm and excited for us at our 6-week ultrasound, and you could tell those type of moments are the reason he does what he does.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. I was a little intimated by him at first, but quickly realized he has been doing this a long time and has heard every question under the sun.
We visited the Oak Lawn location for consults and monitoring, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes. The staff and nurses were very friendly and compassionate and always took time to answer our questions.
For a long time my husband and I did not want to use assisted reproductive technology due to religious reasons. For three years we tried to conceive, trying multiple charting methods, holistic remedies and a few rounds each of clomid and letrozole. We sought care from two different OB/GYNs during that time, both labeled us with “unexplained infertility” and each referred us to a different fertility clinic. We finally sought care from Dr. John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute. He and his staff were respectful about our hesitations and allowed us to make some modifications to the process. We did two rounds of IUIs, neither of which succeeded, and the following year returned to try IVF. For all treatment cycles we were allowed to collect my husbands sample using a collection condom at a nearby hotel (we lived over an hour away from clinic). For IVF, we were also allowed to designate a limit of how many eggs to fertilize, to reduce the likelihood of unused embryos, with a plan to freeze remaining eggs. We were so fortunate to conceive on our first fresh embryo transfer! We now have a three-week-old son.
We had a few different nurses care of us over the two years we received treatment. They were all very friendly and compassionate, and took time to answer all our questions and hypothetical scenarios. One of the nurses shared that her children are a result of IVF and she is extra passionate about helping couples conceive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
We visited the Oak Lawn location for consults and monitoring, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes. At times there were some miscommunications between Oak Lawn and the main Oak Brook clinic in regards to billing, so my recommendation is to just error on the side of over communicating with both.
Here is the breakdown of what we spent on our IVF cycle: IVF case rate: $11,550 Medications: $5,129 (included discounts and refills of two medications) Cyropreservation of extra embryos: $1,200 1 year of offsite embryo storage: $250
At our IVF consult Dr. Rinehart said he recommended transferring only one embryo, and cited the increased risk factors involved with multiple pregnancies if two embryos were to be transferred. However, he also said he would allow two embryos to be transferred if that is what we really wanted. We agreed with him that we felt it was best to only transfer one embryo on our first attempt. However, he must not have noted this in the chart, because when we showed up on transfer day, the embryologist said “we are doing two embryos, right?” Since Dr. Rinehart had approved us for 1-2 embryos, the transfer team just assumed we wanted to do two. They gave us 5 minutes alone to discuss, and we decided to stick to our plan of transferring only one. My advice to future patients would be to clarify your desire with the doctor and transfer team before the day of transfer, so that you do not have to make (or reconsider) your decision moments before the procedure).

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Nayak is friendly and thorough. When she was meeting with us she was present and optimistic. I never spoke with her on the phone though and she only performed my saline test. The rest of the ultrasounds and things were done by the nurses. Our time with her also felt a little rushed as she had other patients to see. ... She tried to push us to get genetic testing ... It would have been nice to see her more.
RMI is an alright clinic. ... The clinic in Evanston is small. The receptionist doesn't seem very happy to be there. Their phone system between the locations is kind of weird ... Sometimes it was hard to get a hold of the care coordinator but she would return my calls. They do have early hours so you can get your blood drawn before going to work. ... The nursing staff were fine. They were helpful when I was nervous or not feeling well after a blood draw.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shweta Nayak at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
She was knowledgeable and thorough going over all the test results. She tried to push us to get genetic testing but we didn't want to do that because of costs. She only performed the saline procedure. The rest were done by nurses. It would have been nice to see her more. I didn't particularly feel a strong connection with her but overall she did her job and said everything she needed to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shweta Nayak at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Be sure to ask a lot of questions and advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shweta Nayak at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Describe the protocols Shweta Nayak used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
We just saw her for a consultation and going over our test results. We didn't pursue any other treatments with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The nursing staff were fine. They were helpful when I was nervous or not feeling well after a blood draw. The care coordinator returned my calls and went over all dates and steps in protocol.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
RMI is an alright clinic. It was kind of hard for me to get to with public transportation and the doctor was only available on certain days. The clinic in Evanston is small. The receptionist doesn't seem very happy to be there. Their phone system between the locations is kind of weird because sometimes I would call Evanston and then be transferred to a different location I had never been to. Sometimes it was hard to get a hold of the care coordinator but she would return my calls. They do have early hours so you can get your blood drawn before going to work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shweta Nayak at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
It would have cost us a lot to continue going there. We used our health savings account to cover most of the ultrasounds, blood tests and procedures. Our insurance only covers diagnostic tests but not procedures.
Shweta Nayak
+ Read more- Read less

I enjoyed Dr. Dmowski as my doctor. He has an incredible amount of experience in his field. He is more than happy to share his knowledge and make it understandable. He is very sincere, but also has a sense of humor. He is a caring and compassionate physician.... If you are looking for a lot of sugarcoating and hand holding, he probably isn't the doctor for you. If you want a doctor that gives it to you straight and uses his experience to get you pregnant without any mishaps, he is your man.
I feel they [Repro Med Inst] monitor patients very well. The phlebotomist in the office is friendly, kind and a pro at taking blood. The ofice is very clean. The nurse needed to improve with communication both written and spoken.... I had an issue with being given my AMH result from last year instead of the current year. Nurse did call back and apologize and give the current result, but this did bother me and prompt me to ask for printed results and/or results loaded to portal, so I could see my results and know what they are.
How was your experience with Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
The doctor gave me information and wanted to answer any questions I had. Doctor also respected and found value in the knowledge O had already. It was important to him that I understood my situation and treatment.
Describe the protocols Paul Dmowski used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
Protocol was birth control, Lupron, Follistim and menopur. HCG trigger. Doxycycline. Intramuscular delestrogen and progesterone. Used ICSI for severe MFI. We ended up with 4 good quality blasts. One fresh transfer ended in negative beta. One frozen transfer resulted in positive beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Sabah Burki)
My nurse was not a great communicator. I had to clarify things quite a bit. She implied I made things very confusing. The lack of clarity and mistakes is what caused me to have to reach out to get info corrected or clarified. Instructions should be correct and clear.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I feel they monitor patients very well. The phlebotomist in the office is friendly, kind and a pro at taking blood. The ofice is very clean. The nurse needed to improve with communication both written and spoken.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
My insurance covered most of my stimulation, egg retrieval and fresh transfer. When my insurance benefits ran out I paid $5,000 for a complete FET cycle with monitoring and transfer.
Describe Paul Dmowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Doctor advised he would not transfer more than 2. He educated me on the pros and cons of both and respected my decision to transfer 2.
Paul Dmowski
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute.

Dr Rinehart was direct and to the point. He took the time to talk to me and my fiance after each unsuccessful transfer and listen to my concerns...He did do all of my procedures and didn't pass it off to an associate...very knowledgeable, and kind. he took the time to explain things to me, although I had to ask a lot of clarifying questions. However, I do not feel that he really thinks outside of the box, as each new step we took after a failed transfer (PGS testing ERA) were always my idea. I feel that he believes so much in his protocol that he does little to stray from it and believes it is just a numbers game
[Nurses at Reproductive Medicine Institute are] Very compassionate and organized. Well run office in my opinion. Got you in and out of appointments fast...$800 ERA - Their Genetic PGS testing was more pricey than other clinics (Total for 2 retrievals and testing 8 embryos and freezing/storage fees etc was $8055 out of pocket and my insurance covered the actual procedures) ...Weaknesses - wish they had earlier hours. Not always warm and fuzzy
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr Rinehart is very knowledgeable, and kind. he took the time to explain things to me, although I had to ask a lot of clarifying questions. However, I do not feel that he really thinks outside of the box, as each new step we took after a failed transfer (PGS testing ERA) were always my idea. I feel that he believes so much in his protocol that he does little to stray from it and believes it is just a numbers game - AKA try more and it should eventually work. He did do all of my procedures and didn't pass it off to an associate, which I liked.
Ask lots of questions and be ready for "batching" meaning you will be on Birth control for awhile in order to get in "sync" with out women in the practice so egg retrievals/transfers can be timed up.
Dr Rinehart was direct and to the point. He took the time to talk to me and my fiance after each unsuccessful transfer and listen to my concerns. He does come off a bit pretentious (with his Harvard and John's Hopkins degrees and very data driven language).
My protocol included BC for awhile, then starting stims (Pregnyl, Follistin, Menopur and an HCG trigger) and then prep for transfer was typically Estrace and PIO.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel easton)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Weaknesses - wish they had earlier hours. Not always warm and fuzzy. Had some "don't ask don't tell" types of behaviors where I felt in the dark unless I asked questions. Strengths - organized, quick, and answered your questions that you asked.
Was willing to transfer 2 embryos, even though they were PGS tested, due to my age (41 at that tome)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
For the times I saw Dr. Rana (only for the initial consultation, on the day of the egg retrieval, and for the WTF appointment), he was patient with our questions and seemed interested in finding something that should work for us. The ins-and-outs of recommendations for drug dosages, etc., also seemed very tailored to what was happening with me. However, there were times when he was pretty insensitive (at WTF appointment told me we'd all be happier if I didn't cry).
I think this clinic [Reproductive Medicine Institute] has the benefit of not being one of the HUGE players in the Chicagoland area, so its not as crowded and is a little more personal. They also share offices with specialists in Endometriosis, so if you have that as a complication, it's probably an excellent place to go.... I had a care coordinator who dealt with paperwork/ordering medications (Krystyna), who was very helpful and on top of everything. Other than that, I had the same nurses for ultrasounds/bloodwork 90% of the time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Don't expect tons of communication directly from Dr. Rana - instead you'll deal mostly with his assistant/the nurses.
While actually speaking with Doctor Rana and some of the nurses at the clinic, I felt very much like a human - but at times with scheduling or regular lab visits, I felt like I was being cycled in/out amongst hundreds.
Dr. Rana uses an antagonist protocol - the drugs I used first cycle were 3 weeks of birth control suppression, followed by stimming with Folistim, Menopur, and Ganirelix, with an HcG trigger. This resulted in 1 egg that was mature, but did not fertilize (out of ~7 good sized follicles). He said the other follicles were either empty, or the eggs were of such poor quality they broke up upon retrieval. In my current (second) cycle, he increased the dosages of Folistim/Menopur, and added some HcG microdosing throughout the cycle. We did no suppression beforehand. Haven't done retrieval yet, but my follicle and E2 numbers are higher so far this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I had a care coordinator who dealt with paperwork/ordering medications (Krystyna), who was very helpful and on top of everything. Other than that, I had the same nurses for ultrasounds/bloodwork 90% of the time. They were both friendly, though the ultrasound tech was always a little reticent.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I think this clinic has the benefit of not being one of the HUGE players in the Chicagoland area, so its not as crowded and is a little more personal. They also share offices with specialists in Endometriosis, so if you have that as a complication, it's probably an excellent place to go.
My costs for my first cycle were greatly covered by insurance, so I don't have a good answer for others.
Dr. Rana highly suggested single embryo transfer in most cases, citing the reduced success in live births with multiples. However, he did say that he might encourage multiple transfer in certain situations (advanced age, low embryo quality, others)
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Trukhacheva was very compassionate and good at explaining procedures, however she is known for being consistently late. She was late for all of our procedures, the last cycle she was over an hour late for the retrival....Dr. Trukhacheva had me on menopur (225iu), Follistim 450 units, and microdose hcg 2ml(200 units). It was the same doses for all 3 cycles with her, but she did add microdose lupron and a steroid pill with my last cycle(I can't remember dosages offhand for these)
The clinic [Repro Med Inst] was nice, it was clean and organized. But I didn't like that we had to drive almost an hour away, to Oakbrook, for procedures. They are good about getting you in quickly for appointments and you can be in and out within 15 min for monitoring appts, if you go 1st thing in the morning which was very nice...Annie was excellent about conveying information and helping us to understand all the procedures. She was very compassionate and you could tell she really cared about us and our results.
Dr. Trukhacheva was very compassionate and good at explaining procedures, however she is known for being consistently late. She was late for all of our procedures, the last cycle she was over an hour late for the retrival. With time sensitive procedures it is not ok to always be late, especially an hour or more late! As a result of being so late, she rushed through the procedure and wound up causing me a lot of extra pain and bleeding after the procedure, it was almost to the point I was going to have my husband take me to the E.R.
Ask to be the 1st procedure of the day, so she's not as late for your procedure. Because she gets consistently further behind and later as the day goes on.
The doctor and nurses were all very friendly and helpful. They really took the time to explain things and were great about getting back to us right away when we had an questions or concerns.
Dr. Trukhacheva had me on menopur (225iu), Follistim 450 units, and microdose hcg 2ml(200 units). It was the same doses for all 3 cycles with her, but she did add microdose lupron and a steroid pill with my last cycle(I can't remember dosages offhand for these). She also had me do estradiol and testosterone patches for about 9 days leading up to the injections.
Annie was excellent about conveying information and helping us to understand all the procedures. She was very compassionate and you could tell she really cared about us and our results. She was always trying to help us out wherever possible by getting us donated meds or helping us find med discounts. She was always very prompt at getting back to me whenever I had questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The clinic was nice, it was clean and organized. But I didn't like that we had to drive almost an hour away, to Oakbrook, for procedures. They are good about getting you in quickly for appointments and you can be in and out within 15 min for monitoring appts, if you go 1st thing in the morning which was very nice.
I can't remember specific costs, our insurance covered about 85%, and we paid for meds out of pocket (minus the meds our nurse coordinator, Annie, was able to provide us with).
Dr. Trukhacheva strongly suggested transferring both embryos for our best chance due to my age.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. John Rinehart] started drugs in a lower dose to see how I’d respond and adjusted from there- I never had a problem with OHSS or anything like that. I guess you could say my stim cycle was a pretty good one considering he got right around the number of oocytes he hoped for and no problems arose. I will begin my second stim cycle at the end of this month as we used all of our frozen embryos and my protocol will be very similar to last time.
The back nurses [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] who will draw your blood and meet with you are great- caring, helpful and compassionate...Quiet and clean, soothing and inviting...The nursing staff was so friendly and felt like cheerleaders. They were glad when things were going well and shared in our sadness when we didn’t get a positive test or just had a hard day or week... i went to pick up my birth control at the pharmacy and it wasn’t called in days prior
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I went with my husband for our first consult after a year and a half of trying to get pregnant- we had already received the not so great news that our lack of a positive pregnancy test likely was due to MFI. We went to our appointment nervous, heartbroken, confused but hopeful. He laid it all out for us and talked openly about what this meant for trying to become a family- there was no sugar coating anything or allowing us to put our heads in the sky - there were tears but there was also a fire that got lit under us that we can do this- he knows his stuff and he will do all he can to guide us towards a positive pregnancy test. He was always cheerful at appointments where i saw him and made sure to explain what he was going to do, what he saw on the screen and what that would mean for the next step.
Be ready for him to tell you his very honest medical opinions and don’t let it get you down- you will know what you’re up against and gather the strength to fight forward. Also ask questions- nothing is dumb or silly he will explain to you anything you want to know or have concerns about.
Dr Rinehart makes you feel important and worthy of his time- he explains procedures and diagnoses with honesty and although blunt with percentages and likelihood of attaining what we hoped for - he is always open to discuss questions or concerns we had and wished us luck.
He started drugs in a lower dose to see how I’d respond and adjusted from there- I never had a problem with OHSS or anything like that. I guess you could say my stim cycle was a pretty good one considering he got right around the number of oocytes he hoped for and no problems arose. I will begin my second stim cycle at the end of this month as we used all of our frozen embryos and my protocol will be very similar to last time.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Quiet and clean, soothing and inviting. There will be front faces who are mostly “doing their job” and therefore may have never walked a day in our shoes fighting infertility, I like to keep my conversations with them to a minimum as you can definitely tell the vibe when people are compassionate towards your Situation. The back nurses who will draw your blood and meet with you are great- caring, helpful and compassionate.
I know in total we ended up spending almost 15k out of pocket. Medicines were just under 5k for the stim and between 1-2k for the frozen cycle. We had 80% coverage for procedures and a $50 copay every visit. This time around we will only have 60% coverage and our additional insurance to cover IVF is $400/month.
I was allowed to choose one or two embryos for both transfers - one was a fresh which resulted in a BFN and the second was frozen which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. This time around it sounds like he’d advise to transfer one 5 day embryo whereas last time for the fresh cycle it was two 3 day ones. He definitely knows the risks multiples can bring and doesn’t want to put myself or a baby in an unfavorable position.

1 IUI, IVF
We trust his [Dr. Rinehart] experience and appreciate his honesty and the way he offers hope to us is a calming force for us when going through such a trying time...He sat down with us and let us show our emotion and reacted to it as he understood our concerns, fears, lack of hope and confusion. He responded with encouragement but also honest percentages and was very upfront about outcomes. He took the time to let us ask questions and made sure we understood what he was telling us.
Nice office [Repro Med Inst], calm setting. People are friendly and helpful. The only suggestions would be the front lady can sometimes be a bit rushy with you and make you feel “cut off” and Like your question isn’t important... I also wasn’t provided the Ivf checklist so I’ve had to go back and forth for a few more blood draws and tests that I could have easily done when I was already there previously...
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I can’t thank him enough for our beautiful son we have and now as we work to expand our family there was no where else we wanted to go. We trust his experience and appreciate his honesty and the way he offers hope to us is a calming force for us when going through such a trying time.
Be ready to hear things honestly as he does not sugar coat anything and trust his knowledge but ask anything as he will explain in detail what you want to hear more about or need to know.
So I am starting IVF right now again and in the beginning stage of using birth control - he is doing primarily the same protocol as I did in 2015 with a successful oocyte stim cycle which then resulted in a positive FET. I know my drug lists include Lupron, Menopur, follistim, hcg trigger shot. I grew 15 eggs last time and 8 were mature. 7 fertilized. 2 were transferred fresh and neither took. Of the remaining 5 two were able to be frozen and of those two transferred on June 9, 2015 one took! During the early stages of pregnancy I was doing progesterone oil shots and orally taking estrace.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
This time around I have new nurses- last time I felt very secure with my nurses and they seemed to be very organized and on top of the appointments, necessary things to do and making sure I was on track. I am very organized and this time I have new nurses that are new to the practice and they’re figuring things out. They are very caring and helpful but I am staying on top of everything to make sure there are no issues while they get into their groove🙂
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Nice office, calm setting. People are friendly and helpful. The only suggestions would be the front lady can sometimes be a bit rushy with you and make you feel “cut off” and Like your question isn’t important. I can’t stress enough how much compassion and care needs to be in this area of work- people are at their lowest and hardest times navigating a very hopeless time.
Out of pocket we spent around 14k. I have to take out additional insurance at $300/ month last time in 2015 and $400/month this time as our insurance does not cover Ivf. The clinic was helpful in providing around 4,000$ worth of medicines in 2015 and hoping to help a little this time if possible as we have no insurance for the meds.
I trust my Drs guidance, this time around I will probably do what he suggests as we did last time (transferring two both times).
+ Read more- Read less

As a doctor, she [Dr. Trukacheva] was candid with us the 2 times we met with her. She had an appropriate level of compassion and explained her approach. However, in addition to being well over an hour late to the 2nd appointment, she clearly could not care less. It appeared going into our 2nd appointment she'd had to review for the first time the results of the lab. She certainly hadn't called us with results or reached out after the results were zero viable embryos.
This is a disorganized disaster....on't go to RMI. It is not a good alternative. [nurse]Catelyn is a trainwreck and you'll barely interact with the doctor....you'll be so irritated that they are getting paid to treat you this way. Also, you have to go to Oakbrook for egg retrieval....this was a horrid experience and ultimately we decided to stop trying due in no small part to how miserable it was to have to deal with Catelyn...zero viable embryos. Nobody reached out at all actually.
As a doctor, she was candid with us the 2 times we met with her. She had an appropriate level of compassion and explained her approach. However, in addition to being well over an hour late to the 2nd appointment, she clearly could not care less. It appeared going into our 2nd appointment she'd had to review for the first time the results of the lab. She certainly hadn't called us with results or reached out after the results were zero viable embryos. Nobody reached out at all actually.
You're reading this because you're trying to avoid the cattle call of another option in town right? Dr. T is fine, nothing to be enthusiastic about. Her nurses are an actual train wreck. Keep reading. Go to the other place...the cattle call is organized.
1. Forgot to place our order. I called concerned a week out and it took that long to chase it down b/c she kept calling it in to the wrong pharmacy. It arrived via courier an hour before it was needed. Seriously. 2. Ordered twice as much as needed despite us being clear we were only doing one round. In fact she blew through the entire $15K lifetime insurance benefit we are lucky to have in one round. 3. Ordered PIO with the original order...PIO is for embryo transfer. We ultimately didn't get anything to transfer. ALSO...I had a conversation with her less than an hour before she placed the order about doing suppositories and not injectables. So no PIO was needed at all. 4. Kept bringing up what to do if we had over 8 embryos for PGS. She wanted to know this b/c then they get to charge our credit card for more. The answer is actually no big deal - just deal with it when it happens. But she couldn't stop asking. 5. On that note, didn't tell us about a bunch of the costs associated with PGS. She was supposed to cover that with us but we were surprised when billing line itemed them on the bills. 6. Did not call with results or follow up about results after they were absolutely awful. 7. When we complained to Dr. T about the non-order of the drugs she told us...and I quote "we do this a lot and some just slip through the cracks." So this must be common with Catelyn. Dr. T doesn't care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
This is a disorganized disaster. I know you don't want to go to the other place in town fellow infertile friend and I'm so sorry you're going through this. But don't go to RMI. It is not a good alternative. Catelyn is a trainwreck and you'll barely interact with the doctor. RMI feels like a horrid money grab and you'll be so irritated that they are getting paid to treat you this way. Also, you have to go to Oakbrook for egg retrieval.
PGS was $5400 for 8 embryos and the could come from different retrievals. BUT each new batch was an extra almost $700 in lab fees. Catelyn will forget to tell you this by the way. They send them to Good Start Genetics who is pretty vocal about super reduced prices to make PGS affordable. The margin RMI gets on PGS is insane.
She does not support natural cycle implantation...of course not. It would be very inconvenient for her.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr T [Elena Trukhacheva]. always takes the time to talk to you during appointments and procedures. She is often running late and it's because she answers every single question from every patient.... She will always be late, but it's because she gives each patient such good care and attention and she never says no. She apologies and she's warm and she is ready to dedicate herself to you so I've just learned to live with this part (although it's not fun when you have a full bladder awaiting a transfer, as one would imagine).
I definitely prefer the small office vibe [of Reproductive Medicine Institute]. The one thing to know about RMI is that if you are located in the city and do all of your monitoring appointments downtown you still have to travel to Oak Brook for the big appointments (retrieval, transfer, etc.).... I could not say enough nice things about Annie [a nurse]. She answers all of my questions and is so thoughtful in her responses.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We ended up seeing Dr. T, per the recommendation of a friend who was successful. She was actually our 3rd RE. We were about to start IVF with another doctor, but their accepted insurance changed and so we began the process with Dr. T. Since I've had 2 prior miscarriage she wanted to start with a Hysteroscopy before beginning IVF (something the prior doctor did not think was necessary). She did find scar tissue which she removed and we began IVF. We've never gotten any answers for our infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss so we were very optimistic that IVF would be the answer, but we were also cautious because of my AMH. From the beginning they knew they would be very conservative and that we would likely do a freeze-all because of concerns of OHSS. I had a mild case of OHSS that was resolved with a culdocentesis. Dr. T was always hyper aware and I feel like I received the best care during all of this time. At this point, we've tried 2 FET and both have been unsuccessful. We've been transferring one at a time because of their grades, but will move on to 2 embryos starting this month. Each month leading up to the transfer we've tried different tactics to ensure my lining is thickening. I'm still hopeful Dr. T will get us pregnant, but can't report it at this time.
Dr T. always takes the time to talk to you during appointments and procedures. She is often running late and it's because she answers every single question from every patient. The front desk and nurses are also very friendly. Not at all like previous experiences.
Goodness, it was all so complicated I don't really remember. I know we used Menopur and Gonal-F, dosages were cut in half after a week, then Ganilrelix was added to suppress ovulation. HCG was used to trigger. I am lucky enough to ovulate on my own each month and I have a slightly higher than normal AMH so 40+ eggs were fertilized and I feel fortunate to have 10+ embryos to transfer. The issue will my unexplained infertility has been getting and staying pregnant so once we figure out how to make that work I'll happily update this protocol description.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Annie Miller)
I could not say enough nice things about Annie. She answers all of my questions and is so thoughtful in her responses.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I definitely prefer the small office vibe. The one thing to know about RMI is that if you are located in the city and do all of your monitoring appointments downtown you still have to travel to Oak Brook for the big appointments (retrieval, transfer, etc.).
Luckily, insurance covered IVF for me once I hit my deductible. You do have to pay out of pocket to freeze the embryos (1200) and you have to pay a lab fee with each transfer (195).
Dr. T seems to always recommend 1 embryo for transfer, but after 2 failed transfers we are going to start trying 2. She is very conservative and mindful of the patient and the pregnancy.

2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Nayak is a] Very good communicator. Laid out all the medical science along with statistics and suggested courses of treatment. She also did a really nice job of presenting all options which often left me not knowing what to do but I'm glad I had all the information I could have wanted/needed so I could then consult with family, friends and other medical providers. Very thorough. Also, it was discovered I had cysts post-treatment and she's personally followed their progress since...Dr Nayak took the time to explain processes and results over the phone or in the office whenever I needed.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Institute] needs to do a better job of educating patients on their shots. People are very skittish about giving themselves injections but a 5 minute, in person lesson (i.e. not ONLY a video) would truly have helped me with this process. I wanted the chance to ask questions and receive tips and tricks...She (Tracy- nurse] was very insensitive to the fact that I'd never given myself a shot. I received ZERO instruction and she never let me know there are videos out there I was supposed to be watching. I let her know I needed help but she never responded and it was the weekend and I was supposed to do my first shots the next day.
2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Shweta Nayak at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Two weeks on a birth control pill. Then started 2 mg Estradiol and 2 mg patch of Androderm. Continued this for about 10 days. Went for baseline ultrasound and labs and ~3 days later started 225 units follistim and 50 units microdose HCG every morning and every evening. After ~4-10 days, added Ganirelix to this. After several more days, triggered with 10,000 units HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Tracy was very organized and a good communicator over email. Her weaknesses, however, caused me to research other clinics knowing I would receive a similar protocol from other doctors who came highly recommended. In other words, since she was the primary face I dealt with, the doctor almost wasn't enough to keep me around. She was very insensitive to the fact that I'd never given myself a shot. I received ZERO instruction and she never let me know there are videos out there I was supposed to be watching. I let her know I needed help but she never responded and it was the weekend and I was supposed to do my first shots the next day. First of all, I should NOT have taught myself how to do a shot from youtube bloggers who are taking hcg for weight loss. Secondly, the dosage instructions didn't make sense with the needle I was given. I had to go to the pharmacist the next day and ask them to explain for me. They agreed that they weren't sure what the dosage should have been when I posed my question to them. So they called the office and spent an hour on the phone with the on-call nurse, who also wasn't entirely sure. We ended up going with what the on-call nurse assumed was the best protocol with the instruction that I needed to follow up with my nurse, Tracy, on Monday. When I followed up with Tracy, she stated in her email that whatever happened is between me and the pharmacy and she was uncertain what I wanted her to do. What I asked her to do was call the pharmacy so they could straighten out my dosage, if necessary. I asked her this two times and also ask that she call me. If a patient's pharmacy has a question on the dosage and even the on-call nurse isn't 100% sure how to proceed, I would expect a diligent, caring nurse to get on the phone with the pharmacy to be sure the patient is taking the right medicines. Other nurses I worked with at this clinic while Tracy was on maternity leave were wonderful - Tiffany Abrams (who has since left) and Rachel Easton (unfortunately Rachel is in the Evanston office and I'm in Chicago). The ultrasound and lab technicians were also warm, compassionate, and caring.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The clinic needs to do a better job of educating patients on their shots. People are very skittish about giving themselves injections but a 5 minute, in person lesson (i.e. not ONLY a video) would truly have helped me with this process. I wanted the chance to ask questions and receive tips and tricks. For the intramuscular shot, I had to ask a nurse to do this for me (not my usual nurse, the weekend nurse). She was happy to do it but this is something my primary nurse should have offered. I even explained to her that I needed help with this one because I have a back issue wherein I cannot twist around to do it in the rear and also I am doing it alone. Some advice would have been helpful.
Follicle puncture for oocyte retrieval $2,700 Ultrasound Guidance for Aspiration of Ovum $1,000 Embryo culture 4-7 days $1,300 Progesterone blood work $105 Ultrasound Transvaginal $425
Shweta Nayak
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shweta Nayak at Reproductive Medicine Institute.

4 IUI, IVF
PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Elena Trukhacheva] makes as much time as needed for each couple and individual. Dr. T clearly discussed our treatment plan and met with us for an IVF consultation to explain some questions we needed answers to before making our final decisions. Dr. T always performed initial testing and procedures and will perform our IVF egg retrieval and transfer. She did not perform our IUI's as it was not necessary. Among many things, one thing I especially appreciate about Dr. T is that your health and well-being is of utmost important. She informs you of risks and makes decisions for your treatment based off of what is in your best interest. Although our goal is to get pregnant, she makes it clear that my safety as a patient is top priority and she doesn't let numbers and statistics overshadow that importance.
Parking at the Chicago office [of Reproductive Medicine Institute] can be a bit hard to find and expensive. I would recommend really early appointments for ease of parking and stress. Appointments are painless to make and I have rarely had to wait in the waiting room for more than 3 minutes...The nursing staff, IVF coordinator and administrative support at RMI, specifically speaking to the Chicago office is amazing. They all work tirelessly to support women going through some of the toughest life challenges they have ever had to face. They do so with grace and support.
4 IUI, IVF
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. T is very thorough and caring. Do not expect to see her overtime you walk into the clinic, but if you need to schedule an appointment specifically with her, there is always availability within a few days and she always treats you like your questions and concerns are her top priority. Be prepared, she typically runs late, so your appointments will not start on time, however, she goes back and forth between the suburbs and Chicago all the while, not rushing any patient out the door. She makes as much time as needed for each couple and individual. Dr. T clearly discussed our treatment plan and met with us for an IVF consultation to explain some questions we needed answers to before making our final decisions. Dr. T always performed initial testing and procedures and will perform our IVF egg retrieval and transfer. She did not perform our IUI's as it was not necessary. Among many things, one thing I especially appreciate about Dr. T is that your health and well-being is of utmost important. She informs you of risks and makes decisions for your treatment based off of what is in your best interest. Although our goal is to get pregnant, she makes it clear that my safety as a patient is top priority and she doesn't let numbers and statistics overshadow that importance.
Dr. T has a thick accent, and it takes a little bit of time to get used to understanding her. Don't let that barrier discourage you, she is well worth it.
Every time I step into RMI I am greeted by my first name and the staff always makes an effort to engage in conversation. They make the process short and sweet, but always take the time to answer any questions you may have.
My husband and I had been trying for 3 years and had many tests done in that time frame, we hesitated with ART until we comfortably made the decision it was best for us. I was diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility along with PCOS. Because of the amount of time we had been trying, Dr. T immediately started us off on medicated IUI cycles with trigger. Our plan was 3 and then on to IVF. At the time, we still didn't know if IVF was right for us, so we went ahead with a 4th IUI, all of our IUI's failed, never resulting in a pregnancy. We met with Dr. T regarding IVF and she explained our treatment plan to us and why it was best. We will do ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, fertilization of eggs with ICSI and once eggs are fertilized and make it to Day 5 embryos they will be frozen. We will undergo a frozen embryo transfer 3-6 weeks after egg retrieval. I am at great risk for OHSS due to PCOS and my age (29) and she feels it is best and safest to not proceed with a fresh 5 day transfer post egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Annie and Robin)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Parking at the Chicago office can be a bit hard to find and expensive. I would recommend really early appointments for ease of parking and stress. Appointments are painless to make and I have rarely had to wait in the waiting room for more than 3 minutes.
Dr. T is an in-network provider under my plan and I have not had any surprise charges that I did not expect.
I know that this is a big decision for everyone and one that should be made personally with the guidance from your doctor, but in our treatment plan, Dr. T is a firm believer of one healthy baby at a time, and that is what my husband and I are most comfortable with too. Her approach to single embryo transfers in our specific case is something we 100% agree with.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr [Rinehart] spoke candidly about our options, always gave me step by steps regarding what would happen/what to expect before doing anything, knew my name, and took the time to answer our questions to our satisfaction...He was able to joke with us and overall I had a good first fertility doc/treatment experience.
I was actively bleeding and 6.5 weeks pregnant and told to call my OBGYN they [Reproductive Medicine Institute] couldn't do anything about it. Even though my apt wasn't until another 3 weeks...it hadn't even been 72 hours since I had seen the doctor, they refused to see me and instead could only refer me out. I almost miscarried, and during that scary time instead of letting me talk to the nurse, the front desk staff clearly had me move on.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Our situation was a bit different as we had to do IVF due to not wanting to pass on a genetic issue to our kids, so IVF with PGD was always our only option, with no prior attempts at pregnancy. We had done a lot of research before meeting with him, I knew his training/read some of his publications, and had an idea of what he would be like before we met. When we met he was exactly what I was thinking, and he remained professional the entire time. I am a psychologist, I'm not sure if he did this purposefully to demonstrate he had read our intake information or if it was a chance fluke, but during our initial meeting he had a journal article about the toll on patient's mental health and improving it throughout IVF on his desk that was current and he was clearly reading. That stuck with me. He always explained procedures and options clearly, compassionately, but he did not bullsh*t around. He was able to joke with us and overall I had a good first fertility doc/treatment experience.
Have a list of questions available and don't be afraid to ask them- he will answer all of your questions, and he's willing to have phone consults as you go as needed.
Dr spoke candidly about our options, always gave me step by steps regarding what would happen/what to expect before doing anything, knew my name, and took the time to answer our questions to our satisfaction.
After speaking with genetic counselors, our only options were either IVF with PGD or adoption. Pretty straight forward. We met in December '16, did all of the testing to make sure no other problems were present for either of us, Was on & off birth control for a while, Started Lupron 10ml injections Dec 31 '16, then added Menopur and Gonal-F, did the Egg Retrieval by the end of January (we had 15 eggs, 12 were useable, 10 continued to mature, then 7 were able to be biopsied, and then only 2 were useable without having the genetic disorder), had my body on "shut down/recovery mode", was back on & off birth control, then back on Lupron, then on Estradiol, then added Progesterone in Sesame Oil, then Frozen Embryo Transfer April 10th, found out through bloodwork 10 days later we were pregnant, I was discharged from the clinic after we did a transvaginal ultrasound the week after and told to contact my OBGYN and continue my meds, I continued 2x/day PIO shots until ending May 17th, then on Progesterone suppositories for 2 weeks, and then done with medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Overall I felt very much understood and cared for. There were a few things I didn't like including being given timelines that were not always accurate , but in general I had confidence in my nurse.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
My husband was not allowed in the room when we did our Frozen Embryo Transfer. After the transfer I was left to "relax" (as if anyone can) for 5 minutes in the quiet, and it would have been incredibly comforting to have him in the room at that point if he couldn't be there earlier. It is their office policy to not allow any unnecessary people in the room to preserve the "embryo friendly environment" (my husband was absolutely necessary in that moment), and I HATED that he wasn't allowed to be with me at this important moment in our lives. Also- after we did our blood work and came in the next week for an ultrasound I was discharged from the practice and told I needed to schedule with my OBGYN for follow up appointments so we called and scheduled an appointment with my OBGYN for another 3 weeks from then. This was on a Thursday early evening. Less than 72 hours later I started hemorrhaging and when we called to see if we could get in to see the fertility doctor, we were told he could not see us because we were discharged. I was actively bleeding and 6.5 weeks pregnant and told to call my OBGYN they couldn't do anything about it. Even though my apt wasn't until another 3 weeks. Even though I literally work down the street from the fertility clinic and it hadn't even been 72 hours since I had seen the doctor, they refused to see me and instead could only refer me out. I almost miscarried, and during that scary time instead of letting me talk to the nurse, the front desk staff clearly had me move on. Although our overall experience was a good one and we luckily got pregnant on our first cycle- it left a pretty bad feeling ending that way.
In total we paid out of pocket rates- our insurance covered nothing. We spent about $15-18k
I was given the choice between transferring 1 or 2 embryos. I was told the chance of getting pregnant with only transferring one (both were graded the highest grade quality) we had only a 30-40% chance of getting pregnant. If we transferred 2 we had a 60-70% chance, and if we did 2 there was only a 20% chance of multiples.
Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
I had an overall bad experience with Rinehart. It was the most difficult of all my fertility experiences. We had 0 embryos made it to blast, he was unable to regroup for several weeks and when we did regroup he said we would do ivf one more time (changing nothing in the protocol) and if that didn’t work he would suggest a donor egg ... In addition Reinhardt said I needed a surgery to get a fibroid out of my uterus. When the surgeon went in they found the fibroid was on the outside of my uterus
In addition we had a horrible experience with the lab [Reproductive Medicine] when they delivered the news that not one of our embryos made it to blast- they were cold and heartless delivering the news. ... I was in extreme pain when we left the doctor's office with a prescription for the pain. ... So we had to drive all the way back to the doctor's office so she could write out a piece of paper, all while I was suffering terribly, and it was totally unnecessary.
Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I had an overall bad experience with Rinehart. It was the most difficult of all my fertility experiences. We had 0 embryos made it to blast, he was unable to regroup for several weeks and when we did regroup he said we would do ivf one more time (changing nothing in the protocol) and if that didn’t work he would suggest a donor egg. I think he doesn’t have a good lab or enough experience to try new and innovative things. Compared to other clinics I went to this seemed the least experienced. In addition Reinhardt said I needed a surgery to get a fibroid out of my uterus. When the surgeon went in they found the fibroid was on the outside of my uterus. I know many people who used donor eggs with Reinhardt and I feel bad that they may have had the opportunity to use their own eggs if the sought out more experienced doctors.
I would suggest not to go to him unless you want to end up with a donor egg and no variation in treatment.
We felt he wasn’t very invested in our success and at times going through the motions. In addition we had a horrible experience with the lab when they delivered the news that not one of our embryos made it to blast- they were cold and heartless delivering the news.
I do not remember. But I do know that he was not going to do anything different after a failed retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Here's an example of the lack of compassion and care we experienced. I was in extreme pain when we left the doctor's office with a prescription for the pain. When we got to the pharmacy we were told the prescription didn't exist in the dose prescribed. The pharmacy called the office and told them to wire in the proper prescription. There was some confusion on the phone and the pharmacist handed me the phone. Thinking she was talking to the pharmacist, the nurse said, "Just send them back here." So we had to drive all the way back to the doctor's office so she could write out a piece of paper, all while I was suffering terribly, and it was totally unnecessary.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Only strength is that it was close to home. There was nothing special an office. The transfers and retrievals had to be done further away at another location. It was a normal smaller office with rooms. It seemed clean enough. I never thought that it was unclean.
I don't remember. I believe it was through insurance - most things.
I had zero embryos make it to blast.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Rinehart] did not explore my situation to the fullest he could have....we had such a poor stimulation but he continued with the egg retrieval....he didn't explore the blockage of hormone and my clotting issue. This lack of digging is frustrating. Also that we spent the time/money on an ivf cycle that should have been cancelled. He stated diet and other lifestyle factors weren't important and they were...He knew who I was and our situation...Dr. Rinehart also did not see value in looking into underlying health issues that affect my reproductive health (diet/ immune issues).
They [Reproductive Medicine Institute] were unorganized...Strengths- they were ok. I think they were understaffed and disorganized...Worked with [nurse] Rachel primarily. She was very compassionate. Sometimes awkward but this was not a problem for me. The clinic seemed understaffed. She was doing everything. She did most of my iui's as well. She also forgot to do certain things- request pharmacy perscriptions. Also the injection instructions were minimal. Worked mostly with youtube videos.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He did not explore my situation to the fullest he could have. Went to subsequent doctors and they were surprised by a few things: One that we had such a poor stimulation but he continued with the egg retrieval. That he didn't explain why this happened. That he didn't explore the blockage of hormone and my clotting issue. This lack of digging is frustrating. Also that we spent the time/money on an ivf cycle that should have been cancelled. He stated diet and other lifestyle factors weren't important and they were.
Ask questions. Get second opinions. Do your own research.
He knew who I was and our situation.
First we tried IUI. we got pregnant- yay! Then we lost it :( We then tried two more IUI. Both failed. We then went right into two back to back cycles of IVF. I should have not done this. I should have taken time to increase my protein (make more follicles). First cycle I had only 3 follicles. It should have been cancelled. He put me on Birth control as part of the start of this cycle. It slowed my system way down and made me not produce enough follicles. So in my opinion this cycle should have been cancelled. Second time he did not put me on BC. He retrieved 6 eggs- none of them worked.
Worked with Rachel primarily. She was very compassionate. Sometimes awkward but this was not a problem for me. The clinic seemed understaffed. She was doing everything. She did most of my iui's as well. She also forgot to do certain things- request pharmacy perscriptions. Also the injection instructions were minimal. Worked mostly with youtube videos.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Strengths- they were ok. I think they were understaffed and disorganized.
It was expensive

2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Dr Rana always listened. He would always validate my questions and suggestions for changes, but also take parts of what I said and try to incorporate them into the next parts of treatment. I always did my research and knew what we were discussing since it was my body that we were manipulating to get the results we needed. He always made me feel empowered by information which I appreciated!
There typically wasn't a long wait for appointments [at Reproductive Medicine Institute], which I appreciated. I didn't initially understand that you didn't see the doctor for monitoring appointments and would have liked to know that, but in a large clinic it seems to be the norm. The office was always clean and efficient...they gave me results from the year previously, however once I pointed it out they gave me the new ones, wasn't a big deal at all!
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I wouldn't be where I am today, with a toddler running around and 32 weeks pregnant without him. His compassion for patients and willingness to listen to all of my ideas was always appreciated. He remembered details about our personal life and always had amazing bed side manner.
Be open to suggestions but also be prepared with knowledge. Dr Rana always listened to all of my suggestions and questions and answered each and everyone!
Our first cycle we did the tropical lupron down regulation. That resulted in only 3 eggs, all mature and fertilized, but only 2 transferred on day 3 (chemical). Second ivf we used an antagonist protocol and got 6 eggs, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 blastocysts, transferred 2, froze 2, started as twins, lost one at 8 weeks (resulted in singleton birth. Third ivf antagonist protocol, got 14 eggs, 10 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 blasts, transferred 2, froze 2, resulted in singleton pregnancy (32 weeks).
Amazing! They were always compassionate, caring, and great listeners. I never felt rushed, although I know they were extremely busy. They would remember to ask the doctor questions that I had, and always posted my results in a timely manner. They were happy with good news and grieved with us for the not so good news. They felt like family and it was difficult to leave them to transfer to the OB
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
There typically wasn't a long wait for appointments, which I appreciated. I didn't initially understand that you didn't see the doctor for monitoring appointments and would have liked to know that, but in a large clinic it seems to be the norm. The office was always clean and efficient.
We were extremely fortunate that out insurance covered a lot of the procedures and treatment. Otherwise it was billed through them and you could pay by phone or portal (Internet access)
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Rinehart followed a baseline protocol for my egg retrieval, I believe it was a standard medication protocol...In the end, Dr. Rinehart did do the retrieval (since I've only done one retrieval) that resulted in my daughter. So I do trust that he did what was necessary and knew what he was doing. After I miscarried after my first transfer, I thought his conclusion that my eggs were poor quality was a bit rash, but perhaps that is what the evidence suggested.
Keep record of any appointments you make, because there were multiple times when I made an appointment and showed up and they [Repro Med Inst -] said I didn't have one. In fact, my main issue with this clinic was the scheduling. This is just something that cannot happen with fertility clinics since in my case the delay caused me to have to wait another month to get an appointment and start treatment.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
In the end, Dr. Rinehart did do the retrieval (since I've only done one retrieval) that resulted in my daughter. So I do trust that he did what was necessary and knew what he was doing. After I miscarried after my first transfer, I thought his conclusion that my eggs were poor quality was a bit rash, but perhaps that is what the evidence suggested. I had issues with his clinic mostly, not Dr. Rinehart.
Like with any clinic, be your own advocate and ask questions. Don't feel like you are an inconvenience, this is your appointment and consultation and you deserve to get all you can out of it. Ask questions and force doctors and nurses to be thorough in their explanations. Ignore any signs of them rushing you or of annoyance.
Dr. Rinehart's clinic was smaller, so I did feel cared for by him, however his demeanor is a bit more reserved and straight-forward, which I've met women that appreciated, but for me it felt a bit harsh. I was seeking a doctor who demonstrated a bit more empathy, and whether Dr. Rinehart felt this or not (I believe he did) he didn't show this very well.
Dr. Rinehart followed a baseline protocol for my egg retrieval, I believe it was a standard medication protocol and it seemed to work fine with me. I don't remember what I was was on specifically but I know nothing was altered.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Keep record of any appointments you make, because there were multiple times when I made an appointment and showed up and they said I didn't have one. In fact, my main issue with this clinic was the scheduling. This is just something that cannot happen with fertility clinics since in my case the delay caused me to have to wait another month to get an appointment and start treatment.
I transferred two embryos with Dr. Rinehart. They advised us to do one, but we wanted to increase our chances. For this transfer our embryos were not pgs tested.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
I also can not appropriately convey how amazing the staff at RMI’s [Reproductive Medicine Institute] downtown location are. The receptionist was always friendly and helpful. The billing department was very quick to get back to me and made sure I understood everything before my procedures. All of the nurses I worked with were wonderful but Stacy Roland and Annie Kane went above and beyond what I expected. I know they see so many patients each day but they always took the time to chat with me and ask how I was feeling. They were incredibly responsive by email and phone and thoroughly answered every question I had. Unfortunately, I moved away from Chicago bef
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Trukacheva put my needs first. She scheduled a next day surgery the day before thanksgiving so my IVF plan didn't fall behind schedule. She worked with my insurance to help get me a fair price. She held my hand as I cried and called to check on me. She was both very honest and blunt about my prognosis while being gentle and understanding. I trusted and loved her nurses so much that I named my daughter after one of the nurses. I know I will never trust another doctor as much as I did her. For a few of my appointments, Dr. Trukhacheva ran very late, often upwards of an hour. Initially I was aggravated but after meeting with her I understood that she runs late because she cares deeply about her patients. She took the time to thoroughly go over my history and past treatment plans. I never felt rushed when I met with her. Before I worked with Dr. Trukhacheva I had an HSG with Dr. Pavone but not a hysteroscopy. I learned after meeting with Dr. Trukhacheva that having a hysteroscopy should have been something Dr. Pavone did based on my symptoms. Dr. Truckhacheva fit in my hysteroscopy and subsequent polyp and scar tissue removal the very next day, which was the day before Thanksgiving. She was initially supposed to be traveling but changed her plans so my IVF cycle didn’t have to wait until the following month. She was aggressive in the dosage of my medication which helped make my first IVF with her successful. I was worried about doing a 5 day transfer rather than a 3, but she assured me that she believed it was the most likely to produce a viable pregnancy and she was correct. Every time I met with Dr. Trukhacheva, she remembered my name, my husband’s name and knew my history. That has not been my experience with other doctors. On the day of my retrieval when I had far fewer eggs than expected, Dr. Trukhacheva was incredibly empathetic and took the time to comfort me even though I knew she had a long day ahead of her.
Trust in her completely.
The doctor and her staff care so deeply for their patients. I never felt rushed and she carefully answered any question on had. On my retrieval day when I had only 3 eggs, she cried right along with me. They checked in during and after my pregnancy. She truly is one of the kindest and smartest people I've ever known.
I have a diminished egg reserve. She used a higher dose of medicine than a previous doctor used which allowed me to create 3 eggs. She did a 5 day transfer rather than a 3 which worked out well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
My primary nurses were Stacy Roland and Annie Kane. Both worked around my schedule for labs and ultrasounds. They both called during treatment and my pregnancy to check on me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I also can not appropriately convey how amazing the staff at RMI’s downtown location are. The receptionist was always friendly and helpful. The billing department was very quick to get back to me and made sure I understood everything before my procedures. All of the nurses I worked with were wonderful but Stacy Roland and Annie Kane went above and beyond what I expected. I know they see so many patients each day but they always took the time to chat with me and ask how I was feeling. They were incredibly responsive by email and phone and thoroughly answered every question I had. Unfortunately, I moved away from Chicago before my daughter was born. I wish I could move back just so I could work with the RMI again. One of the only negative things I can say about the Reproductive Medicine Institute is the inconvenience of one of their clinics in Oak Lawn, Illinois. I initially met with Dr. Trukhacheva in the downtown Chicago location, which has great public transportation access. During my IVF cycle, I was able to use that location for labs and ultrasounds. However, on the weekends I had to go to Oak Lawn, which was okay because I had a car but would have been very difficult for anyone without their own vehicle. The egg retrieval and transfer both took place in the Oak Lawn location as well.
Her clinic helped squeeze my IVF in before the end of the year so I didn't owe as much for my deductible. Including medicine I paid roughly $4k for IVF.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
She tends to be conservative. She prefers single embryo transfers and was quite concerned about OHSS [Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome] during my IVF stimulation. She does run quite late on a regular basis, and once missed a major IVF cycle related procedure.
Investment Banker
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. T was a caring individualized doctor that always gave me her full attention and plenty of time to ask questions. She tends to be conservative. She prefers single embryo transfers and was quite concerned about OHSS during my IVF stimulation. She does run quite late on a regular basis, and once missed a major IVF cycle related procedure. She had another doctor in the practice cover for her, and I know things happen, but we were not pleased to hear our doctor wasn't even going to show up for a big procedure.
Be patient! You will have to wait to see her, but when you do you will not be rushed.
I feel the care and treatment protocol at RMI is a bit more individualized than other local clinics, which is great! The nurses gave me their email addresses and would answer my questions quickly at any time - weekends and holidays included. Annie and Stacey at the Chicago office are amazing! Dr. T only works in the downtown location three days a week so there were only certain days I could see her or come in for procedures. They batch their IVF and FET cycles since doctors only have certain weeks they are in the lab. She is often running quite late - 1-1.5 hours late. However, I know she tailored my IVF stim protocol specifically to me, and when I did see her, she took as much time as I needed to answer all my questions. I think the reason she runs late is because she spends so much time with her patients. She is also extremely empathetic, which I valued during such an emotional trying period of my life.
I was on birth control to start my IVF cycle, and then started stimming with menopur and gonal-f. Eventually I added ganirelix to supress ovulation. I triggered with HCG and lupron since I was at risk of OHSS. Dr. T did not do a fresh embryo transfer with me given my risk of OHSS. She did have me take a couple doses of ganirelix after my egg retrieval. We retrieved 16 eggs, six were mature, and four were frozen at blastocysts. I had one failed single embryo transfer and am currently 17 weeks pregnant with one child from a second FET, in which we transferred two embryos. We have one frozen embryo remaining. I was disappointed we only had six mature eggs from 16 retrieved. I do feel Dr. T was a bit conservative given my risk of OHSS. She admitted the day after my retrieval she was hoping for more mature eggs. However, unfortunately a lot of IVF is trial and error. Dr. T did recommend switching from ICSI to traditional fertization the day of my egg retrieval. My husband's sperm counts had been consistently strong, and Dr. T felt that if we had the option, embryos fertilized traditionally hold up better. We were very pleased to get four frozen blasts from six mature eggs. This exceeded Dr. T's projections.
Annie (and Stacey) were both terrific. They answered all my questions, ran the monitoring appointments quickly and smoothly, and gave me email address for any additional questions that came up outside of business hours. If/when we go back to try to conceive a second child, we will likely go back to RMI just given the quality of the nursing staff. I will say that I didn't feel that either nurse had extremely robust technical knowledge, but they understood the procedures and how Dr. T worked, and would always ask the doctor if I had questions they couldn't answer.
My insurance covered a good amount of treatment. We were responsible for paying 10% of estimate costs, and any embryo freezing costs (not covered by insurance).

2013 - 2014
Dr. Coulam was great - her bedside manner was incredible. She was always on time for appointments and I really enjoyed my experience with her. She was caring and honest....You need to be your own advocate - ask questions when you have them. I trust that she was looking out for my best interests, but there were times when I questioned meds I was on, or how many eggs they want to transfer, etc.
RMI [Reproductive Medicine Institute], in my opinion, was a great choice for me. A lot of other women I knew who were going through IVF were getting a lot of different numbers from their doctors throughout various stages of the cycle. I didn't get that. They tell you the basics, but nothing that is out of your control. It saved me a lot of endless googling and stress. I probably could have asked for more info, but I trusted that they were doing everything they could for me. They also offer counseling services, which I didn't take advantage of, but I would highly recommend others do.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Carolyn Coulam at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Coulam was great - her bedside manner was incredible. She was always on time for appointments and I really enjoyed my experience with her. She was caring and honest. One general note, when choosing any doctor, remember that this is just like any other healthcare experience. You need to be your own advocate - ask questions when you have them. I trust that she was looking out for my best interests, but there were times when I questioned meds I was on, or how many eggs they want to transfer, etc. Don't assume that since these people create life that they are better doctors. They still usher patients in and out and are under a lot of pressure. This is nothing against Dr. C, I'm just sending a general warning to ensure you're looking out for yourself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Coulam at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
They don't give you a lot of the scientific/background information from your bloodwork, etc. I actually really liked that. Knowing certain hormonal levels or other numbers just leads to bad google searches...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
RMI, in my opinion, was a great choice for me. A lot of other women I knew who were going through IVF were getting a lot of different numbers from their doctors throughout various stages of the cycle. I didn't get that. They tell you the basics, but nothing that is out of your control. It saved me a lot of endless googling and stress. I probably could have asked for more info, but I trusted that they were doing everything they could for me. They also offer counseling services, which I didn't take advantage of, but I would highly recommend others do.
Carolyn Coulam
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Nasir Rana] was very dismissive of us because we proved to have a complicated case. He also proceeded with a transfer where we lost 2 embryos that we should have not proceeded with due to liquid in the uterus... We did menopur and follistim for retrieval. Got 5 blasts. Estrogen priming and progesterone injections for FETs. 2 FET cycles were canceled. The other had complications and we proceeded anyway. The doctor didn't make us aware of the risks, which would have changed what we did that cycle. It failed and we lost two embryos
It's [Reproductive Medicine Institute- Oakbrook] very clean and has a nice setup. I just didn't like the care I received. I did like the fact that I could go to the same place for procedures and for random appointments. But I do not like the way I felt like a number and the way I was dismissed when it became obvious my case wasn't as cut and dry as they wanted it to be
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He was very dismissive of us because we proved to have a complicated case. He also proceeded with a transfer where we lost 2 embryos that we should have not proceeded with due to liquid in the uterus
See someone else. He may be good for cut and dry cases but he is not good for anything more complicated.
He was not interested in trying new things because my case turned out to be not as cut and dry as first assessed. He canceled two transfer cycles due to thin lining and then randomly brought up surrogates because I couldn't hit 10 mm, but had hit 8mm every cycle.
They were really great for ultrasound and blood work appointments, but not great when we got bad news
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
It's very clean and has a nice setup. I just didn't like the care I received. I did like the fact that I could go to the same place for procedures and for random appointments. But I do not like the way I felt like a number and the way I was dismissed when it became obvious my case wasn't as cut and dry as they wanted it to be
Covered by insurance mostly, so I'm not sure
He advised us to transfer 2 since we didn't PGS test

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
Every time during my visits I felt my issues mattered. The doctor showed she was concerned about my infertility problems. She gave my husband and I hope and confidence that one day I would birth a child. She was thorough with her plan of action and made sure we understood all of the steps that were a part of her plan. She always made sure that all of my questions were answered and I always felt comfortable asking her for help. I definitely recommend her to all of the people who are also trying to conceive.
strengths [for Reproductive Medicine Institute]- multilingual nurses. radiology department and lab are located in the same building. nice, cozy, with modern equipment clinic. not too far from freeway. many parking spots available. comfortable coaches in a lobby, vending machine.... Everybody was friendly and helpful with instructions. I always got the phone back the same day or next day. Never left alone with my issues. I was always explained how to take medications, how to do the injections. All necessary information was e-mailed to me.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
professional doctor
The plan is to start Ovulation Induction with the help of oral contraceptives and inject able medication. Later, egg retrieval was done, sperm preparation and laboratory Procedures.
very helpful, trustful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
strengths- multilingual nurses. radiology department and lab are located in the same building. nice, cozy, with modern equipment clinic. not too far from freeway. many parking spots available. comfortable coaches in a lobby, vending machine.
the prices were reasonable
I am still in the process for preparation for embryo transfer.

3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Trukhacheva] recommended skipping all other treatments and went straight to IVF because insurance would cover it. ... Dr Trukhacheva never recommended surgery and didn’t order bloodwork to identify any of these issues which should have been addressed BEFORE starting IVF. ... At every egg retrieval she was over 2 hours late. I gained nearly 30 lbs and when I mentioned my concerns about the effects of the meds and stress of the IVF cycles on my body...I was pushed to do a third round within a year.
We did have to pay several hundred out of pocket due to an error on their end [RMI] forgetting to order medication. ... The office has no referrals for therapists (the first IVF practice I went to had an in house psychotherapist) to help process what we went through. ... Know what is and isn’t covered by insurance and ask about the costs. We ended up paying much more out of pocket than we should have due to errors the doctor and nurse made. ...
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
She has good bedside manner but I was never given an answer about why I couldn’t get pregnant. I’m in the health care industry myself and don’t understand how she thinks it is acceptable that she would run over an hour and up to 3 hours late.
Don’t allow her to push you into anything. Be aware of your options and the risks and costs.
She recommended skipping all other treatments and went straight to IVF because insurance would cover it. At every egg retrieval she was over 2 hours late. The office has no referrals for therapists (the first IVF practice I went to had an in house psychotherapist) to help process what we went through. I gained nearly 30 lbs and when I mentioned my concerns about the effects of the meds and stress of the IVF cycles on my body...I was pushed to do a third round within a year.
I was given the same medications every round in increasingly larger doses. Menopur, Gonal F, hCG
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Read reviews about all the doctors before you go. Know what is and isn’t covered by insurance and ask about the costs. We ended up paying much more out of pocket than we should have due to errors the doctor and nurse made.
Luckily we have great insurance. So most of the treatments were covered. We did have to pay several hundred out of pocket due to an error on their end forgetting to order medication.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Trukhacheva was very direct about what to expect throughout the process. She was professional and seemed skilled at what she does. ...We did not see the doctor much, and it was mostly the nurses who treated me during my visits, but the nursing staff was terrific, and Dr. Trukacheva was great when we saw her....Whatever Dr. Trukhacheva recommended, we did. We had to trust that she knew what would give us the best chances of conceiving.
I was very pleased with how easy it was to do my bloodwork and ultrasounds before work. I was in and out within 15-30 minutes and very rarely had to wait. Results and instructions were sent using an online portal, which was very easy to use...it was mostly the nurses [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] who treated me during my visits, but the nursing staff was terrific...Annie and the rest of the nurses were so compassionate, professional, informative, and positive. We had a great experience!
Dr. Trukhacheva was very direct about what to expect throughout the process. She was professional and seemed skilled at what she does. We have a beautiful daughter because of her, so we are truly grateful.
We went into this with an attitude of trust. Whatever Dr. Trukhacheva recommended, we did. We had to trust that she knew what would give us the best chances of conceiving.
We did three unsuccessful rounds of IUI with clomid, one egg retrieval that gave us 3 good 5/6-day embryos, one fresh transfer (unsuccessful), and one frozen transfer of 2 embryos that resulted in a singleton birth.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Our insurance covered almost all of our costs. The only thing we paid was our copay a few times and about $1200 to freeze our embryos.
She recommended transferring our 2 frozen embryos together after our fresh transfer of 1 embryo was unsuccessful. We would have been ok with twins, but only 1 embryo took.

2009 - 2015
IVF, Donor Eggs
[our nurse] talked to me like a friend. She could answer any question I asked. She always got back to me within an appropriate time. She anticipated my questions and concerns.
2009 - 2015
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rinehart was warm and friendly. He was great with explaining things to my husband and with reassuring me and my fears. He is extremely knowledgeable and patient.
You don't have to be afraid or intimidated or shy about asking whatever you need to ask Dr. Rinehart. He has heard it all and he will handle your questions respectfully without making you feel uncomfortable about asking.
Dr. Rinehart and his staff were always personable and helpful. Every question was answered, every concern addressed. I got to know everyone personally as well as professionally. They recognized that while I was there for treatments, that I was a person with other facets to my life and could hold conversations about other things and not just infertility. They were great when I had to drag a child or two along. I never felt like I was being rushed out the door. I really felt like part of their family.
When I had a reaction to the progesterone shots he switched to suppositories. Worked just the same without the side effects. Not sure what protocols he used, I didn't want to know every little detail, I wanted to trust the doctor to do their job and not obsess in my own brain about it.
She talked to me like a friend. She could answer any question I asked. She always got back to me within an appropriate time. She anticipated my questions and concerns. She could put my questions into words for me when I needed her too.
They varied over the years ranging from approx. $1200 per cycle to $100 per cycle.

26 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Rinehart took his time with me and explained everything in full detail. He gave me all the info i needed to make my decision and how my outcome will go...Dr. Rinehart is a very upfront man. I uphold the most respect for him to tell me the truth and what to expect. He told me even tho I am freezing my eggs what my chances to have a child would be. he knew I was a single mom who wanted another child in the future and did not milk me for every penny he could get. For that I would recommend him to anyone. He is very short with his conversations but knows what he is doing and i trusted him.
Kate [nurse at Reproductive Med Inst - Winfield] was great she knew what she was doing. She talked to me not only as a patient but made me feel kinda like a friend but on a professional level. the other girls were great as well maggie and monika they also treated me good...the front desk did not send my chart at one apt but since they are electronic medical records they were still able to run smooth and it was not a problem. they had all my info in the system. but when doc came in the room there is no computer to see my chart so they had a piece of paper. all was fine
26 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
If you want the truth no matter how much it hurts he is your guy. He will not give you false hope.
I was 33 yrs old and he used bravelle 225 and menopur 75 with lupron 5 units i went for about 10 days of stim then retrieval i retrieved 27 eggs and 26 were frozen. then i stayed on lupron and letrozole for 7 days after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Kate was great she knew what she was doing. She talked to me not only as a patient but made me feel kinda like a friend but on a professional level. the other girls were great as well maggie and monika they also treated me good.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
the winfield and oak brook offices were great.
i was treated as a true pt i was explained everything by the nurses before my u/s and after my u/s and labs Dr. Rinehart did my u/s but the nurses talked to me after.
since my insurance did not cover egg freezing it was a great self pay cost
+ Read more- Read less

We only heard from the dr [Rana] once when we first met and once when we told them we were thinking of switching clinics. ... Then when the second cycle didn’t work, he seemed to blame us. ... At first we were very confident he was the right choice, but after not hearing out our concerns when we asked to switch meds for second cycle, we lost hope. ... He started me on metformin for pcos and then Myo inositol. After my cycle regulated, we did 2 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot.
Strength- the front desk [Reproductive Medicine Institute] and phlebotomy nurse staff were great. Weakness- communication. We felt many times that our questions were not answered .. unfortunately because stuff was billed incorrectly, we ended up paying MORE for 2 iui cycles than if we would have just done 1 IVF. ... [nurses] The communication was very poor. Questions weren’t answered. Sometimes questions were answered with a bit of an attitude.
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
At first we were very confident he was the right choice, but after not hearing out our concerns when we asked to switch meds for second cycle, we lost hope. Then when the second cycle didn’t work, he seemed to blame us.
Get a second opinion. Even if it’s from a different dr at RMI
It was very difficult to get questions answered. Nursing and billing were not always on the same page. We only heard from the dr once when we first met and once when we told them we were thinking of switching clinics.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Strength- the front desk and phlebotomy nurse staff were great. Weakness- communication. We felt many times that our questions were not answered and we would have to call a few times just to get a simple question answered. Also, tests were billed incorrectly by nursing staff so we paid out of pocket for almost every single test before our IUIs even started.
A lot. We had a lot of billing issues with test being miscoded

2012 - 2016
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. T [Dr. Trukhacheva] is amazing. I had no issues with her. She was knowledgeable, compassionate and very patient with me when I asked the same question multiple times. I never felt rushed...Trust her - she knows what she is doing...We will be thawing the leftover embroyos for PGD/PGS testing and plan to do another retrieval next year...
No weaknesses [at Repro Med Inst - Chicago]. They are great. But, I can only recommend Dr. T. Go to her, even if she takes a little longer to get in with...We did three IUIs, but I never really had a good ovulation. We did a fresh IVF cycle, but it did not work. Dr. T advised that frozen cycles are as good as fresh, sometimes better as they allow your body to rest. She was right, and I got pregnant with my frozen cycle. When we went for baby number 2 - we had to do another retrieval. She retrieved a lot of eggs I believe 48...
2012 - 2016
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. T is amazing. I had no issues with her. She was knowledgeable, compassionate and very patient with me when I asked the same question multiple times. I never felt rushed.
Trust her - she knows what she is doing.
Nurses knew me by name, extremely friendly, responsive, friendly
We did three IUIs, but I never really had a good ovulation. We did a fresh IVF cycle, but it did not work. Dr. T advised that frozen cycles are as good as fresh, sometimes better as they allow your body to rest. She was right, and I got pregnant with my frozen cycle. When we went for baby number 2 - we had to do another retrieval. She retrieved a lot of eggs I believe 48. I had 24 that were frozen. My second transfer resulted in the birth of another boy. We will be thawing the leftover embroyos for PGD/PGS testing and plan to do another retrieval next year.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
No weaknesses. They are great. But, I can only recommend Dr. T. Go to her, even if she takes a little longer to get in with.
Reasonable costs.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
We really enjoyed working with Dr. Rinehart and appreciated his candid demeanor. It probably isn't what everyone is looking for but he explained what was going on and how to fix it. Over and over. We started with clomid- negative test results. He recommended against IUI for us and we went straight to IVF. During our first cycle, we got all the way to fertilized embryos and they disentigrated. It was heartbreaking. We met with Dr. Rinehart and changed my protocol for the next round. We ended up with three embryos after five days. We implanted two and frozen one. We now have two year old boy girl twins!
We always had positive experiences with the nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine Institute]. One was pregnant during our time there which was hard for me. I know it was irrational but it just wasn't something I wanted to see while we were going through such a hard time getting pregnant!... During our first cycle, we got all the way to fertilized embryos and they disentigrated. It was heartbreaking. We met with Dr. Rinehart and changed my protocol for the next round. We ended up with three embryos after five days. We implanted two and frozen one. We now have two year old boy girl twins!
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
We always had positive experiences with the nursing staff. One was pregnant during our time there which was hard for me. I know it was irrational but it just wasn't something I wanted to see while we were going through such a hard time getting pregnant!
We were very fortunate that my insurance covered our IVF at 100%. I don't remember the cost breakdown when we did clomid cycles but it cost us about $1,000 every month before I switched insurances.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. rana is great, he seems to actually care and when we have met with him has been very thorough and understanding. As someone with a medical background, it was important that our RE seemed up to date and customized his treatment plan to our needs. ... Dr. Rana is always very kind and makes me feel like he actually cares about my treatment ... The decision [eset approach] was completely up to us
One of the main strengths [of Reproductive Medicine Institute] is the convenience, I’m usually in and out for all of my monitoring appts. The IVF coordinator Krystyna is kind of abrasive and harder to reach. Overall the pros outweigh the cons ... The nurses are all very nice, the IVF coordinated Krystyna is kind of difficult to deal with and not very compassionate ... The decision [eset approach] was completely up to us
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Be prepared to call the nurses and stay on top of your own treatment plan.
IUI with letrozole IVF retrieval with injectables -follistim, menopur, ganirelix, HCG trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Huma )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
One of the main strengths is the convenience, I’m usually in and out for all of my monitoring appts. The IVF coordinator Krystyna is kind of abrasive and harder to reach. Overall the pros outweigh the cons
I was a Cash patient so all of the costs were out of pocket. We paid about $10l
The decision was completely up to us

PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Rinehart] was down to eart ... straight forward and explained in great details all the options Very good communicator, when one option didnt work he was willing to try another option ...Dr Rinehart was very straight forward and honest... explained all the options and procedures. Was very positive with my case and apologized for all the previous experiences with other doctors who told me I was hopeless and not worth getting pregnant.
The front desk girl and Lindsay were amazing ... very friendly caring and flexible . Always willing to help and go out of there way for me. The problem was with Shelly ... it’s a shame one bad apple ruins the entire clinic... she doesn’t seem to care of have feelings for the patients ... Shelly says she’s going to do one thing and does another she doesn’t follow thru until the third or fourth phone call... very stressful to work with her
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He is VERY honest and straight forward
He was down to eart ... straight forward and explained in great details all the options Very good communicator, when one option didnt work he was willing to try another option
Alternating medicine cycles when the first one didn’t work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
Shelly is very rude condescending
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Trukacheva was very personable and easy to talk to. She would encourage meetings to better understand course of treatment and to make us aware of risks. She would come in before every procedure and explain the process of treatment for that day...took the time to explain every step to us.
Stacy [nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute] was wonderful and easy to work with...Monitoring appointments were quick and convenient. This was nice because I needed to get in and out before work hours...The clinic is always clean and very professional. Scheduling appointments were easy and multiple times were available for us...Dr Trukacheva was very personable and easy to talk to. She would encourage meetings to better understand course of treatment and to make us aware of risks. She would come in before every procedure and explain the process of treatment for that day.
Be patient
Dr T was very personable and took the time to explain every step to us.
Stacy was wonderful and easy to work with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The clinic is always clean and very professional. Scheduling appointments were easy and multiple times were available for us. RMI would allow a window every morning for appointments before working hours to get in for labs since this was done almost every other day
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Rinehart] is extremely knowledgeable and a realist. He gives it to you straight and provides detailed information on your course of treatment. He’s easy to talk to and understands that this process is overwhelming...Staff [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] was friendly and helpful. All knew my name....After a procedure, I was waiting on a call for information and never received one. I ended up having to contact them a day later.
Staff and nurses [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] were friendly and knew my name. Felt comfortable asking questions and never felt rushed...Be flexible with patients and they were very on time with scheduling. I think a weakness is having your plan on paper. It would be nice if something was electronic. More training when it came to shots or offer to do the first shot. Very helpful with insurance and meds....After a procedure, I was waiting on a call for information and never received one. I ended up having to contact them a day later.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He is extremely knowledgeable and a realist. He gives it to you straight and provides detailed information on your course of treatment. He’s easy to talk to and understands that this process is overwhelming.
Be open and honest with your concerns. Ask questions.
Staff and nurses were friendly and knew my name. Felt comfortable asking questions and never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Staff was friendly and helpful. All knew my name.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Only copayments of $50 when I saw a doctor. Everything else was covered by insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

I haven't spoken to my doctor [Elena Trukhacheva] personally since I started the fertility drugs or done my IUI's. Every thing is through the nurse or portal website...She was little hard to understand with her accent. She didn't spend much time with me on my first visit. I only saw her two more times. She could have spoken with me a couple times during my first and now second tries...Office staff were slow and not very helpful. Staff could be more friendly and compassionate
Don't expect too much
I haven't spoken to my doctor personally since I started the fertility drugs or done my IUI's. Every thing is through the nurse or portal website
Just $50 for co-pays when I see doctor
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I believe she [Dr. Trukacheva] needs to spend a little bit more time with her parents . Talk to them I detail a little more. When they have a failed cycle it would be nice to hear from you doctor not always the nurses ... I believe she used standard protocol . Birth control for a month , than gonal F and Certrodie , menpour ....They forgot to share my husband Sperm Analysis results with us when they where 1st collected ...Be perphard to only see her for your procedures . You will spend more time with the nurses .
They [Repro Med Inst - Oakbrook] are very welcoming...Her [Dr. Trukacheva] team was very welcoming and understanding and tried to make you as comfortable as possible...They forgot to share my husband Sperm Analysis results with us when they where 1st collected ...Stacey was amazing , she always returned my calls , reached out to me and made sure I understood everything ....Be perphard to only see her for your procedures . You will spend more time with the nurses .
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I believe she needs to spend a little bit more time with her parents . Talk to them I detail a little more. When they have a failed cycle it would be nice to hear from you doctor not always the nurses .
Her team was very welcoming and understanding and tried to make you as comfortable as possible
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacey )
They are very welcoming
Not sure my 1st cycle was covered by insurance .
Embryologist told us to only do 1 after we had our hopes on 2 and the one didn't take .

IVF, Donor Eggs
I switched doctors in same clinic under recommendation of my ob/gyn. I was very pleased with the experience. he was very honest, upfront and clear about our potential outcomes and risks.
[Our nurse] was more like a army drill sergeant and not like a nurse. She was knowledgeable about the medical side of things but had zero bedside personality.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
pick him over other doctors . he runs the clinic and has the most experience
I thought Dr Rinehart was very open, communicative and extremely knowledgeable. I found him compassionate and and encouraging yet realistic about our chances given my advanced age
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
she made mistakes about adivisng things to be prepared for. We listened carefully , took notes, read all provided materials but still missed things that she either forgot to tell us or communicated poorly. She was dismissive and blamed us for things we never knew.
2010 - 2011
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He didn't give me a lot of the information that other friends that were going through IVF got. I actually liked that... I appreciated that they the kept the stuff that was out of my control, out of my head.
They almost cancelled a cycle of mine because they failed to get some basic bloodwork from me. I ended up having to fly back overnight from a work trip to get the sample done to squeeze the cycle in.
2010 - 2011
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He didn't give me a lot of the information that other friends that were going through IVF got. I actually liked that. Many of my friends were obsessed with numbers they got back from every blood test, hormonal levels when waiting for a pregnancy test, etc. I appreciated that they the kept the stuff that was out of my control, out of my head.
The team there was incredible. The nursing staff was caring and very responsive.
Rachel was incredible. Responsive, caring, loving. Everything you would want in a nurse. She was a light in a dark process.

4 Egg Freezing, IVF
He [Dr. Nasir Rana] seems to stick to the same treatment regimen for everyone. There was no personalized care. The information he told me turned out to be incorrect. He never followed up on results. He ordered test and didn’t check the results prior to the implantation which would have changed management...Diet changes to include higher protein...IvF with One month birth control pills...Then stimulation with Antagonist protocol
The nurse [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] seemed to make all decisions on medicine during the cycle...Didn’t send in prescriptions on time...Didn’t communicate with team...Lost paperwork...I did a lot of my monitoring out of town...My local clinic had difficulty getting results to this office, this office would say they weren’t received...Monitoring there was done by a nurse or tech. Dr Rana didn’t seem to be very involved in process Other doctors in the group did their own monitoring
4 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He seems to stick to the same treatment regimen for everyone. There was no personalized care. The information he told me turned out to be incorrect. He never followed up on results. He ordered test and didn’t check the results prior to the implantation which would have changed management.
Look elsewhere There are many better options
The initial consult was good. Dr Rana spent time answering questions but after that it seemed like his nurse and coordinators made the medical decisions. It was impossible to get in touch with him.
Diet changes to include higher protein IvF with One month birth control pills Then stimulation with Antagonist protocol The protocols were not personalized The nurse seemed to make all decisions on medicine during the cycle The first round retrieved 4 day 5 embryos, 2 normal genetic testing They told me to batch my eggs after first round and do a second retrieval Second cycle retrieved 0 The 2 embryos from the first cycle were thawed and then biopsied and then refrozen to wait for results Two unsuccessful transfers Later doctors who saw the medical records and images of the embryos said the embryos on the day of transfers showed signs of damage from the repeated freezing and thawing
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Krystyna Fitros)
She was rude, disorganized Didn’t send in prescriptions on time Didn’t communicate with team Lost paperwork The genetics office said that was common from this office She pushed blame onto the patient
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I was told by another specialist in Chicago that this clinic was created after several separate doctors merged This lead to a very disorganized and large practice This shows in everything that they do You can get better care at other places
I did a lot of my monitoring out of town My local clinic had difficulty getting results to this office, this office would say they weren’t received Monitoring there was done by a nurse or tech. Dr Rana didn’t seem to be very involved in process Other doctors in the group did their own monitoring
They seemed to make decisions that were in the clinics best interest and not for the patient

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. John Rinehart] was very considerate of my time, feelings and health...Not a bad thing to say. Very kind, considerate, accommodating, intelligent, optimistic, real. Wish there were more like him. I did have one mishap at the end of a cycle with my drugs and he was able to quick get a new plan for me and assure me he's going to do what he can to still get the job done and he did...He's just honest and real. No advice.. as mentioned wish more were like him.
The Bloomingdale office [of Reproductive Medicine Institute] was preferred over Oakbrook. It was clean, close, efficient. They had everything you needed in one office. No upstairs downstairs, down the hall. Just wish they did the actual IUI or IVF procedures there. Understandably knowing they can't. Just a wish...Melissa [nurse], was the best...She treated you like a real patient, not just a number or someone to get in and out. She was so helpful every step and I've never had such care from the office before. (Specifically the Bloomingdale location)
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He's just honest and real. No advice.. as mentioned wish more were like him.
He was very considerate of my time, feelings and health.
Melissa, was the best. Similar to the Dr I wish there were more like her. She treated you like a real patient, not just a number or someone to get in and out. She was so helpful every step and I've never had such care from the office before. (Specifically the Bloomingdale location)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The Bloomingdale office was preferred over Oakbrook. It was clean, close, efficient. They had everything you needed in one office. No upstairs downstairs, down the hall. Just wish they did the actual IUI or IVF procedures there. Understandably knowing they can't. Just a wish.