Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Fertility Center to a friend?

Everyone [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] is always so patient with us whenever we have had had any questions....They have been kind and caring. Its apparent that they love what they do and that is a testament to how the entire clinic operates.... I do not think this is a weakness - but an opportunity for process improvement. Sitting down with the financial coordinator early on would have been helpful. We already knew what to expect as far as the cost, but needed a little more hand holding.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I do not think this is a weakness - but an opportunity for process improvement. Sitting down with the financial coordinator early on would have been helpful. We already knew what to expect as far as the cost, but needed a little more hand holding. A part of it could have been that we just didn't know what questions to ask. The clinic's website also has a lot of useful resources which I happened to come across on my own.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Since day one, my husband and I have been warmly welcomed by not only Dr. Garzo, but his nurses and staff. Everyone is always so patient with us whenever we have had had any questions. My conversation isnt just limited to the nurse coordinator assigned to us. Any time I call office with questions regarding my treatment or dosage, there is always someone there willing to take my call answer my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson)
Amy Nelson, our nurse coordinator, has been extremely patient with us!!! I have called/emailed her multiple times (a day) and she has been great about getting back to me in a very timely manner with answers to all my questions/concerns. i appreciate her expertise and knowledge about the whole process. Its been great working with her. I would also like to add that every one of the nursing staff has been wonderful to work with. They have been kind and caring. Its apparent that they love what they do and that is a testament to how the entire clinic operates.
How was your experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
From the moment we walked into his office, it was apparent that Dr. Garzo had already done his homework on as patients. He had read our medical history, as well as went over the test results from previous clinic we were working with. It was a relief that on the first visit we were able to get solid answer about our IVF plan, what the process entailed and how soon we would start. Every visit with Dr. Garzo has been equally satisfying. He takes his time explaining what is happening and why adjustments needs to be made. I love his optimism and can trust him when he has to share any concerning news because he always provides alternatives.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dont shy from asking embarrassing or "dumb" questions, because there is nothing to hide from Dr. Garzo. He has always been professional and courteous with us. If anything he makes us feel like we have brought up a good point and appreciate us wanting to be knowledgeable patients.
Describe the protocols Gabriel Garzo used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
At this point, I am on Stem Day 5 of the IVF cycle, and I have only had to make one adjustment to my treatment. Dr. Garzo and our nurse coordinators were able to articulate the reason for the adjustment, answering all our questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
So far we have only paid for 1 round of IVF. Even though Dr. Garzo recommended two rounds of IVF, my husband and I made the decision to only go for 1 round at this time.
Describe Gabriel Garzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
No comment.
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

I would recommend them [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] to anyone, I have recommended them already. I feel confident that I will get pregnant with this team by my side. I would feel very confident recommending them to anyone. ... You pay every time you go for everything they do that day, blood work, sonograms, iui, consults, etc. ... All of the nursing staff has been exceptional. hey are all very warm, compassionate and caring. ...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are all very warm and compassionate. I would recommend them to anyone, I have recommended them already. I feel confident that I will get pregnant with this team by my side. I would feel very confident recommending them to anyone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Quass has always gone out of his way to make sure we understand every step of the process and make sure that we are comfortable with it. He spends as much time as we need going over everything and is so thorough. He is very patient and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
How was your experience with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I feel very confident in Dr. Quass and his ability to assist me in getting pregnant. Dr. Quass is always patient and compassionate. He has helped me tot stay positive in a situation that can very often make one feel inadequate or negative.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Don't be discouraged, trust that he will help you to the best of his ability. He is truly compassionate, warm, kind and trustworthy.
Describe the protocols Alexander Quaas used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have had 3 IUI's thus far, I am currently awaiting the results of the third one. We tried clomid on the first round, upon realizing my lining wasn't thickening enough, they changed me to letrizole. I had strong reactions to the clomid so I was thrilled to change. My lining thickened as was intended and we decided to use a trigger shot the next two times to pin point my ovulation. The over the counter tests weren't giving the correct results, based on low results in my blood.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The waiting room is small but I understand space is limited here [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. The billing department and receptionist are all very friendly. The girls doing the blood draws are also very friendly and willing to answer any questions. ... I loved my nurse ! She was absolutely amazing and I am certain I could not have completed the cycle without all her help. She was always there to answer questions and guide me along this journey. I am so thankful for all her help !
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is great. The waiting room is small but I understand space is limited here. The billing department and receptionist are all very friendly. The girls doing the blood draws are also very friendly and willing to answer any questions.
Dr. Garzo is an amazing doctor! He takes the time to listen to all your questions and answer each one. Dr. Garzo does all his work - ultrasounds , retrievals etc. I saw Dr Garzo at every appointment I had which made me feel like I was truly cared about. He also gave me a personalized protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Fuller )
I had a great experience with Dr. Garzo! We are so happy we chose him to be our doctor. He gave me a personalized protocol that he thought would beat suit our infertility situation. I got to see Dr Garzo at every visit. He takes the time to answer every question you have. You can really tell he cares about his patients and results.
I would advice all patients to ask questions and then ask more questions. It’s so important to feel confident in your doctors protocol and abilities.
I have DOR/low AMH. I “primed” with estrace and testosterone gel for approximately 4 weeks. I then started “the stims”. I took follistim and menopur nightly. I also took 100mg of clomid nightly. Every morning I took a steroid pill. To keep me from ovulating , I was on ganirelix shot in the AM. I also added HGH on cycle day 6 till retrial. I stimmed for 11 days and had a “double trigger”
We have paid approximately 22k for one retrieval with meds and PGS testing.
We have not done a transfer yet but Dr Garzo is pro elective single embryo transfer.

Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
What i love is that every person - even billing, and the people who take your blood - seem to know what’s going on in your case and asks about how your feeling or how a specific drug or process is going. Everyone [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] makes you feel cared about, and taken care of. Our nurse coordinator is awesome. Super compassionate, easy to get a hold of, fields questions with ease, and will spend time explaining things.
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The office isn’t huge, and we love that. We also love that we see our doctor for every scan and procedure. The nursing staff is on point with knowing your case and being compassionate and interested. You feel like a person, not a walking dollar sign. Even the billing and Insurance departments are super helpful and nice. The biggest weakness is honestly the parking lot. It’s not fun and I’m scared I’ll hit someone. Also, they could use some more pictures and things on the walls. On one hand - you feel like the pictures of Kids and things are genuine, and the offices with no pictures are there and money is spent elsewhere. On the other hand, it could make some of the rooms feel a little less clinical with a picture or two
He’s quirky but extremely friendly, caring. And seems to really want to get to know his patients. He regularly spends time with us, even if we don’t have a scheduled appointment - for example if we are in for a blood draw - he will stop and chat with us. He engages on things to get to know us as people and a couple, and makes us feel like be really wants to help us grow our family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene)
What i love is that every person - even billing, and the people who take your blood - seem to know what’s going on in your case and asks about how your feeling or how a specific drug or process is going. Everyone makes you feel cared about, and taken care of. Our nurse coordinator is awesome. Super compassionate, easy to get a hold of, fields questions with ease, and will spend time explaining things.
He really comes off like he wants to get to know you. He will engage with my husband about sports and things that make him feel included and talked to as well. He lets us ask whatever question we have, and genuinely seems to take interest in helping when we have questions on things. He’s very compassionate, yet also extremely positive which helps takes the stress off of something that is truly hard to go through.
He’s quirky and he talks a lot. You have to want the kind of doctor who sees past the clinical but also seems so passionate about reseArch and the fertility field. You also need to make sure you have a good amount of time for meetings with him - you could end up with a 30 minute conversation about soccer ;-)
Very low dose stimulation for the retrieval because of my previous cycle getting so many eggs, but we still got a lot of eggs. We used I think 75 of menopur and 50 of gonal-f but I can’t totally remember. Also used a steroid, and baby aspirin and a z-pack before. For the transfer, estrogen patches, progesterone in oil, a few days of steroid and a few days of antibiotics but I didn’t take them per a recommendation for my specific case.
I’m not 100% sure. I believe a retrieval is about $10k and a transfer is $2k
Describe Alexander Quaas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It seems to be standard practice in their office.

2017 - 2019
The finance people [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. ... I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. ... Charlene [nurse] is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. The finance people were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. No complaints really!
Dr. Garzo and Charlene ( nurse) are some of the best humans. They have constantly been supportive, caring and informative. They both have been extremely patient with us, taking the time to carefully and kindly answer all of our questions. Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene King )
Charlene is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money. She's really the best nurse you could have!
We have been seeing Dr. Garzo for a few years. We have had a few egg retrievals and 3 failed transfers. Even without success yet, I think Dr Garzo has done an amazing job. Every step of our treatment, he's analyzed the findings, considered them and adjusted accordingly or ordered more tests for thorough investigation. So, first, his medical practice and expertise are top notch. Beyond the medical, he is extremely kind, compassionate, patient and supportive. I thoroughly trust him. To be dilligent, along the way we sought a second opinion from a well known RE, and that just made it crystal clear that Dr. Garzo was who we belong with. He is a great doctor and clearly has integrity and his priority his patients.
Don't wait! Go see Dr. Garzo!
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . My protocol and meds were changed for the next retrieval and our next egg retrieval yielded much better results ( 3 frozen embryos). I've had hysterescopy, polyp removal and Depot lupron to treat adnomyosis before transfers. Currently, he's ordered a pelvic MRI to get a closer look at my uterus. He's been great at thoroughly investigating all avenues and making changes along the way.

2013 - 2019
All of the staff [Reproductive Fertility Center] are friendly, professional, and seem to genuinely care about you. A huge strength of the clinic is that your doctor sees you for ALL ultrasounds, which is not the norm in other clinics.... My two rounds of egg freezing were about $20,000, with another $20,000 total in medications. My current IVF cycle will be approximately $10,000.... I had 3-4 primary nurses over the years. They all are prompt in calling me back, are patient in explaining things to me, and are knowledgeable.
2013 - 2019
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All of the staff are friendly, professional, and seem to genuinely care about you. A huge strength of the clinic is that your doctor sees you for ALL ultrasounds, which is not the norm in other clinics.
Dr. Garzo was always very patient and kind with me, listening to my concerns and warmly supporting me through disappointments I would have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Various over the years--currently Amy Nelson)
I had 3-4 primary nurses over the years. They all are prompt in calling me back, are patient in explaining things to me, and are knowledgeable. They are always warm and supportive.
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Garzo. I went in to freeze eggs at age 35. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and cysts that would arise, this took two cycles over the course of about 1.5 years. Dr. Garzo and his team were so patient with all of my questions and concerns. This is an emotional process and he and his nurses would comfort me when I had setbacks. Dr. Garzo was great at adjusting my treatment and getting the best results we could. He presented as extremely knowledgeable and confident in his treatment plan. He has decades of knowledge and expertise that allows him to adjust his treatment plans accordingly and get great results. Five years later, we are now in the process of unfreezing my eggs and doing IVF with Dr. Garzo. I have full trust in him and his team and wish I could see Dr. Garzo for all of my healthcare issues!
Present your desires and concerns and then trust he and his staff completely. They know what they are doing.
I don't remember the egg retrieval procedures. Currently we are doing a fresh IVF cycle.
I know he prefers a since embryo transfer.
La Jolla

Reproductive Partners and the staff there are all professional, organized, and kind. ... They answered questions about insurance, communicated well with us, and were always kind! ... They made me feel comfortable immediately during my first appointment and made me felt cared for along the way. The front desk staff knew my name, greeted me warmly, and seemed to genuinely care about how I was doing during each visit.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Reproductive Partners and the staff there are all professional, organized, and kind. They made me feel comfortable immediately during my first appointment and made me felt cared for along the way. The front desk staff knew my name, greeted me warmly, and seemed to genuinely care about how I was doing during each visit. They answered questions about insurance, communicated well with us, and were always kind!
Dr. Quaas cared about not only my IVF cycle (hormone levels, follicle development, eggs retrieved), but also how I was feeling and doing during the process. He reassured me when I was nervous and he helped me feel as calm and comfortable with the process as possible. He is genuinely warm and caring, and I am grateful for him!
Amy is simply the best! She is very kind and knowledgable. I genuinely enjoyed going to the clinic to see her and felt supported by her at every step of our IVF process.
Dr. Quaas is equal parts kind and knowledgable. He answered all of my questions about the IVF process but also about PCOS (my underlying diagnosis) which had never before been answered by other fertility doctors. He is an amazing doctor, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a kind, smart, and skilled reproductive endocrinologist.
He is willing to answer any questions you have about fertility and fertility treatments, so don't be afraid to ask!
I can't remember the specific protocols used. I remember we talked a lot about using injectable hormones to try to get one follicle to ovulate versus going straight to IVF. He explained his rational for recommending going straight to IVF by explaining that it would be very difficult for someone with my ovarian reserve to ovulate a single follicle with injectable drugs, and it would likely take a lot of trial and error to titrate the dose.
My insurance luckily covered a big chunk of IVF costs, so I payed a copay for every ultrasound and 20% of drug costs. Retrieval procedure cost another $2500 or so.
The clinic has a strong preference for single embryo transfer.
La Jolla

The estimates that were provided upon initial consultation or pretty close to what we actually paid. ... Since I started with that facility [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] they have expanded which has allowed for more rooms for patient visits. ... My primary was Charlene king and her back up was Alicia. They kept in contact with me constantly and answered all of my questions at a level of which I could understand.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Since I started with that facility they have expanded which has allowed for more rooms for patient visits. Which did it quick and the wait time when we were there for quick things such as blood draws.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He and the staff we always friendly and kind. When our first transfer didn’t take I remember being on the phone with him and hearing his voice crack as he explained why it could have failed. I knew it hurt him that it was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charleen King)
My primary was Charlene king and her back up was Alicia. They kept in contact with me constantly and answered all of my questions at a level of which I could understand. They showed compassion and understanding and celebrated with me when it was a success.
How was your experience with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He was very patient. Knowing we didnt have a lot of money he made sure we understood all options and did not ever pressure us to start the process before we were ready to take on the cost. He explained ALL procedures and risks. He cried with us when we had a failue and celebrated when we had success. He was by our side the whole way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Trust him. He never steered me wrong or rushed me into any decisions. He gave me the information and gave me the time to weigh it out.
Describe the protocols Antoni Duleba used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We originally wanted to attempt IUI since it is significantly less in cost. He reviewed all our medical records and had my husband test his sperm one more time. He said we could try it but it was highly unlikely to be successful. We did a traditional IFV.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The estimates that were provided upon initial consultation or pretty close to what we actually paid. Medications are more expensive however that was not directly from them.
Describe Antoni Duleba's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
He only believed in single embryo transfer given my health factors. It was reassuring to know that doctors were not pushing for multiples as others that I’ve known that went through IVF and it up with twins or even triplets.
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

Their [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] billing department wasn't the quickest to respond. I had out of network coverage and their billing system was a bit of an issue so I didn't get all the reimbursements I was probably due. Their strength is with their world-class doctors and excellent nursing team. They have decent facilities, but I think these could have been improved. I sometimes had to wait a long time to see the doctor for ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Their billing department wasn't the quickest to respond. I had out of network coverage and their billing system was a bit of an issue so I didn't get all the reimbursements I was probably due. Their strength is with their world-class doctors and excellent nursing team. They have decent facilities, but I think these could have been improved. I sometimes had to wait a long time to see the doctor for ultrasounds.
The doctors and nurses were very kind. Most of them knew my name when I walked in even though it was a large clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
She was very kind and patient. She helped me with injections and even talked me through when I was having an issue with one of the shots. She was very compassionate and caring. They all were.
Dr Garzo explained everything to us very clearly. This was our first time doing IVF and he treated us with compassion. I have a low reserve and we were fearful quality was going to be an issue so he had an aggressive medication plan. Although we didn't get the results we would have liked I do not think it was from lack of trying or for not suggesting the best course of action. He always took the time to explain exactly what was happening, and I appreciate that.
He is a very kind person and thinks highly of his practice, this can give you a slight sense of false hope.
I did an estrogen start, and then used a lot of stims, very high doses, and a growth hormone to improve quality.
They were very expensive, I spent nearly $30k without even doing a transfer. This includes about $8k in medication.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Everyone is so caring and so compassionate. They all remembered our faces and our names. I even had to go in on Christmas Eve to have blood drawn and get more medications and people were there, every single day. They would not take days off because “cycles dont take days off.” I really appreciated their dedication to their patients. I would recommend RPFC to everyone I know.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr Su was so personable and really showed that she cared about me and my partner. She talked to us like we were family; she was very honest but also hopeful. She was always happy to see us and always helped us with any questions we had and never rushed us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie Heatherington)
Brittnie was AMAZING! She was so sweet, always listened to our concerns and answered our questions thoroughly. I probably called her every single day in the first few weeks of treatment and even after pregnancy. She was great about returning calls and emails.
How was your experience with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr Su is a great communicator, she is very honest and also very real. She was sweet and hopeful, but told us like it is. We had a 12% chance of having a viable egg, and we ended up with a healthy baby boy! She was up front about everything and always explained the steps we were going through. She listened to our concerns and answered every question. I was afraid I was miscarrying very early on, and they got us in right away, a day before our appointment even, and made sure everything was okay.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Definitely see Dr Su!!! She is our favorite person ever. She is such a great doctor and all around amazing person.
Describe the protocols Irene Su used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My partner and I did reciprocal IVF; I carried her egg. Her follicle count was low, so her medications were adjusted according to her needs, and there were specific instructions for her multiple injections every night. After her eggs were retrieved, Dr Su got me ready for the transfer. I had to wear estrogen patches on my stomach, which gave me a very bad rash (I looked like a human Connect 4 board), so she switched me to vaginal suppositories (so much better). I had to do progesterone injections in my butt every night, which was difficult, but I did it. We were worried I had an ovarian cyst before we started my cycle, but it went away on it’s own after following up with my OBGYN, so we didn’t have to do anything about that. She did say my uterus is slightly heart-shaped, so if I miscarried we would see if something needed to be done to prevent any future issues, but luckily I carried to term with no issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It was expensive because we chose to do reciprocal IVF, using my partners eggs and I carried.
Describe Irene Su's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Dr Su only does eSET because she does not want to risk having multiple embryos grow, as these pregnancies are much harder and more high-risk. I am so glad we only transferred one embryo because I couldn’t imagine if I was pregnant with twins and something went wrong because of that.
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

Also, it is next door to a women’s surgery center which made the retrieval very easy and smooth. Weakness would be that they don’t take insurance but they do provide you with some resources to help out financially. ... the clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is busy and appointments were brief and fast. ... The nursing staff made up for any confusion or frustrations I may have had during this difficult time
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic had great rates of success with IVF. Also, it is next door to a women’s surgery center which made the retrieval very easy and smooth. Weakness would be that they don’t take insurance but they do provide you with some resources to help out financially.
Dr Duleba was always kind and courteous and had good bedside manners. However, the clinic is busy and appointments were brief and fast.
Everyone was compassionate, caring, and sensitive every time that I experienced a setback or a miscarriage. The nursing staff made up for any confusion or frustrations I may have had during this difficult time
Dr Duleba was always kind and courteous, had great bedside manners. He explained things in detail and made me feel like he really cared. He’s very optimistic, maybe a little too optimistic. He was always honest with me and prepared me for what to expect, even if it was potential bad news
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
When I started seeing Dr Duleba I was only 26 and struggled to conceive for 6 months. I always had inconsistent periods so I knew I should get checked out sooner than most people. Dr Duleba suggested I continue to try to conceive because after the initial consultation and ultrasound, he did not see any problems with either me or my husband. However, I decided I wanted to proceed with IUI. We did 2 cycles with Clomid and when I did not respond well to the meds and did not get pregnant, Dr Duleba switched me to letrozole for 3 more rounds of IUI which were also unsuccessful. At this point we decided to move on to IVF. Dr Duleba put me on a very low dose of meds for stimulation because I had a lot of follicles and he did not want to overstimulate me and create more problems. If I remember correctly I had over 20 eggs retrieved and eventually ended up with 4 surviving embryos.
I’m glad Dr Duleba decided to do SET because having twins come with so many risks. Given my age(mid to late 20s) and no preexisting medical history that would affect fertility, I believe Dr Duleba made the right choice
La Jolla

Every person in this clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] has been wonderful to work with. ... The nursing staff was always unfailingly kind and answered all questions asked. Their compassion made a big difference in what can be a very trying process. ... He [Dr. Garzo] also strongly recommended single embryo transfer to avoid the risk of multiples. His primary concern was my safety .
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Every person in this clinic has been wonderful to work with. Since we were successful on our first transfer, we have only positive feedback to give. With Dr Garzo we had heard mixed reviews in terms of his bedside manner. But we found him to be quite friendly, albeit not very talkative.
Dr Garzo set very realistic expectations and followed a conservative approach during the egg retrieval stage so as to not risk overstimulation. He also strongly recommended single embryo transfer to avoid the risk of multiples. His primary concern was my safety .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Morrison)
As I hold my 3 month old miracle baby, I can't be more grateful to Dr Garzo and his team for his amazing work. He is a man of few words but has a lot of clarity on exactly the course of treatment required. He was very conservative in his approach and always put my safety and comfort first. He targeted 15 to 20 eggs during the stimulation phase and was able to retrieve almost exactly that number of eggs. He did a single embryo transfer and I was pregnant after the first transfer.
To make sure to ask questions when necessary but to have faith in your doctor.
My tubes had undiagnosable issues resulting in two spontaneous ectopic pregnancies. IVF was the most sensible route so that the tubes could be bypassed entirely. My workup was normal overall but my husband had a sperm morphology issue.Dr Garzo therefore chose to perform ICSI. The egg retrieval resulted in 15 eggs. 8 embryos were obtained and PGS tested. 5 good embryos were frozen. 1 was transferred and resulted in a healthy full term baby.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is great, sometimes there is no one at the front desk to greet you when you arrive, but then they eventually come and check you in after you sign in. The lab work girls are the best, and they let you request the one you like. I'm a super hard stick for blood draws, so it was always important for me to have Jenna or Fiona draw my blood---and Jenna could always draw from my hand when my arms were tapped out.
East Asian, Latino
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is great, sometimes there is no one at the front desk to greet you when you arrive, but then they eventually come and check you in after you sign in. The lab work girls are the best, and they let you request the one you like. I'm a super hard stick for blood draws, so it was always important for me to have Jenna or Fiona draw my blood---and Jenna could always draw from my hand when my arms were tapped out.
When meeting with Dr. Garzo he takes his time and is very Present with his interactions. He answered all of our questions directly and did not beat around the bush. He was clear with his treatment plans and explained why.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
Tiffany is the BEST! She is the most compassionate nurse I've ever met, she is Perfect for this job and has truly found her calling. Before I even met her and I was inquiring about IVF the 1st time, she called and talked to me for 20 minutes because she could tell from my Email I was nervous, and she wanted to reach out to me and and un-load my questions. She is always kind and gentle. I am thankful for her.
We are going to Dr. Garzo as our new IVF doctor after our 1st round of IVF did not work. He is amazing! He put my husband and I on a whole new diet and supplement regimen. And because of this my AMH levels went from 0.4 to 0.89 in only 2 months!! He also had my husband tested for sperm DNA fragmentation, which our 1st doctor did not do. And we found out that my husbands sperm is fragmented by 28%, anything above 15% is not normal. Dr. Garzo then referred us to a male fertility specialist, who will be performing a TESE procedure on the day of my egg retrieval do reduce the sperm DNA fragmentation! We are so blessed we changed doctors to Dr. Garzo and have high hopes for our 2nd round of IVF.
Get on SUPPLEMENTS and DIET! Always review with your RE which supplements to take and make sure you check your labs. I am on Ubiquinol, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Pyconogeol, prenatal, Fish Oil with DHA, and DHEA.
Out of pocket IVF with genetic testing is estimated at $30,000-$35,000 that includes medication.
My doctor's office has a strong preference for eSET.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic staff [Repro Partners Fertility Ctr] at the front desk is really great. For the most part, the same "key" staff has been there since I've been a patient (low turn-over), though a few positions rotate which seems normal. I'm always greeted with a friendly smile and checked-in in a timely manner. Whenever I call, my questions are answered right away or I'm transferred to the right person. They have one person assigned to me for financial consultation, which is nice so I'm not bounced around through multiple people.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic staff at the front desk is really great. For the most part, the same "key" staff has been there since I've been a patient (low turn-over), though a few positions rotate which seems normal. I'm always greeted with a friendly smile and checked-in in a timely manner. Whenever I call, my questions are answered right away or I'm transferred to the right person. They have one person assigned to me for financial consultation, which is nice so I'm not bounced around through multiple people. They've always been very accommodating with questions and inquiries. Sometimes the waiting room gets busy, but I think that would happen in any office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Each time I see Dr. Cook, she is so kind and calming. After both failed transfers, we talked at our consultation and she went over every single detail to see if there was something different we could do or try. She seems to genuinely care and remembers my history, which helps me feel more human!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brook Stavang)
Brooke is so great and I really appreciate her. She's kept me organized and helps me manage all of the information and instructions for each cycle. I never feel like I'm bothering her and she spends as much time as I need until I'm confident with next steps. Whenever I talk with her she is aware of all of my history and it's comforting that she knows everything. I never have to remind her of anything, she always is on top of it.
How was your experience with Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I really like Dr. Cook-Anderson's kind demeanor and straight-shooting. She always tells me like it is and keeps me hopeful when possible, but doesn't say things just because I want to hear them. She is honest and compassionate and conveys a genuine interest and care for my treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Be honest and don't be afraid to keep talking. Dr. Cook-Anderson is soft-spoken and a really good listener. She takes time before she speaks, so each thing she says is meaningful and has purpose and a point.
Describe the protocols Heidi Cook-Anderson used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Prior to seeing Dr. Cook-Anderson, I had already had six IUIs. For treatment, I had already had two hysteroscopies and several tests (MRI, sonohysterogram, hysterosalpingogram). but had not been diagnosed with anything - simply unexplained infertility. I had an endometrioma which my RE and Dr. Cook-Anderson agree is not causing issue. I also have a large fibroid that is also not of concern. For the first cycle, we did Clomid, Follistim and Menopur for the egg retrieval. I did not have enough mature follicles (5) and none made it to freeze. After this cycle, she increased the stimulation medications and I stimmed for more days than before. We added Omnitrope. This resulted in more follicles (26), but not all were mature and we sent 10 out for testing and 4 embryos made it to freeze. I took one month off prior to the transfer, and did get a positive Beta result, but the second Beta number decreased and it was a failed cycle. Following the transfer, at a consultation Dr. Cook-Anderson went over every piece of my chart history to see if there was something missed. She attempted to treat my endometriosis (small, but not diagnosed as endometriosis officially) and I did a three month course of Lupron and then I took one month off. The next transfer also was unsuccessful (didn't even make it past the Beta test). I'm on my third cycle now, prepping for an egg retrieval in 36 hours. For this course, I've taken increased doses of Follistim (150) Menopur (150) for 9 days, then coasted one day on 50 Follistim and then back up to 75 Follistim and 75 Menopur. Things are looking good for retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The first cycle was $15,280 for the egg retrieval. For the second and third cycles, I used the Attain plan and paid $20,800 for two retrievals and up to four transfers. From May 2016 through December 2017 (which includes part of this current cycle I'm on), I paid Reproductive Partners $48,927. In addition to this cost, were medications for three retrievals (approx. $4,00 to 8,000 each) and two transfers (approx. $1,100 each).
Describe Heidi Cook-Anderson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I have only transferred one embryo during each of the two procedures and feel, for the most part, okay with the choice given to me. With two failed transfers, I will ask about transferring two this next time around. In previous conversations, Dr. Cook-Anderson has expressed that pregnancies with multiples are considered high-risk, and I trust her opinion.
Heidi Cook-Anderson
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

IUI, 2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The facility [RPFC] is good. All the procedures, visits, consultations, check ups and office visits are done in the same building. Nurse staff is friendly and nice to work with. The finance and accounting department is not the best...Failed to order prescription at the right pharmacy. We had to wait for 5 hours after egg retrieval to get the drugs for my wife. Communication between nursing staff and pharmacy should have been better
IUI, 2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The facility is good. All the procedures, visits, consultations, check ups and office visits are done in the same building. Nurse staff is friendly and nice to work with. The finance and accounting department is not the best. They promised us discount for our 2nd cycle after our failed first cycle. The discount talk started when we saw the doctor after our failed first Ivf. They never got back to us after that. And when contacted, we were just pushed around. Once we signed the contract for the 2nd Ivf, they flat out said no to any discount. We felt like they made the discount promise just to lure us into doing a second cycle there and to make us feel good. I’d have been better off without any empty promises. It was also hard to get a statement from them for tax purpose. They wanted to take a month to produce it due to system changes initially. I had called and pressured them and got the statement emailed to me within 24 hours. I was pretty shocked.
We hardly got to see him during our first ivf cycle. Only saw him on our initial consultation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene King)
The nursing staff are friendly and reacts to our needs promptly. There were some frustrations though. The nurse coordinator failed to provide us the correct treatment schedule and prescription for our 2nd Ivf cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
The experience with him was not the best. He’s more focused into research rather than clinical work. He is only at the office seeing patients twice a week. Therefore, it’s hard to get a consistent care from him. At times he gets us mixed up with another couple. During the first cycle we rarely saw him. On our 2nd cycle, we saw him more frequently. He seemed confused with PGD and PGS. Failed to communicate correctly with his nurse coordinator. We had to do our own research and figure things out on our own. I’d have expected him and his team to guide us seamlessly. He’s approachable via phone anytime.
Just ask him questions and never leave unless you are clear about everything. Do your homework before and after seeing him regarding treatments and his diagnosis.
First cycle was with the heavy injectable drugs for egg retrieval. It failed to produce a viable embryo. 2nd cycle was with clomid. Hanged the treatment. Slowler for the eggs to grow. But quality can be improved.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Monitoring schedule and time was not a problem. They were open on weekends as well in the morning.
Roughly about $42k for two failed Ivf cycle including Genetic testings and medication.
He will only do single transfer.
La Jolla

The front office staff [at Repro Partners] is very friendly. The medical assistants are also very friendly and efficient at their work. It is a busy office and you can certainly feel like another number amongst the crowd but they do try to keep the wait-times down...You will not always see your assigned Dr at each appointment; especially with the ultrasounds. Most of the Dr's teach or do research over at UCSD and have limited hours at the clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The front office staff is very friendly. The medical assistants are also very friendly and efficient at their work. It is a busy office and you can certainly feel like another number amongst the crowd but they do try to keep the wait-times down. Only a few times did I wait over 30 minutes to be seen. You will not always see your assigned Dr at each appointment; especially with the ultrasounds. Most of the Dr's teach or do research over at UCSD and have limited hours at the clinic.
Going into my initial consultation with Dr. Duleba I knew that I had a genetic condition, called a balanced translocation; which added on a 29% chance of any of my future confirmed pregnancies ending with an embryo that was unbalanced and which will end in a miscarriage or an embryo that is balanced such as myself. Dr. Duleba gave us reassurance that he had treated and helped other women get pregnant through IVF (using their own eggs) that also had balanced translocations. He had said that with two cycles; he could definitely get us pregnant. After two IVF cycles- 55 eggs retrieved, 10 abnormal embryos (diagnosed through PGS testing); and having spent over a year under Dr. Duleba's care...he asked us to see a genetic counselor to find out what our odds were at having our own children using my own eggs and my husbands sperm. Before starting care with Dr. Duleba we had already consulted with a genetic counselor at UCSD. We knew our odds going into treatment and this was relayed to Dr. Duleba. After our first IVF cycle failed with Dr. Duleba; he advised us to try a second and to not go directly forward with using donor eggs. We were ready to use donor eggs at that point. I felt like another number because as a patient I shouldn't have to fill my Doctor in on every little aspect of my infertility history after I've been under his care for over a year. He knew my balanced translocation issue from our first meeting and had copies of the report from our UCSD genetic counselor in my chart. He worked only two days at the office and just always seemed too busy; over-worked. His nurse also posted my incorrect treatment plan for our 2nd IVF cycle on my treatment calendar...I am a RN myself; I know how busy health-care can be but this was a huge mistake. Had I not spoken up, I could have been taking the wrong stimulation medications and spent thousands of dollars on medications that could have never been returned to the pharmacy. We've spent $40,000 on our IVF cycles and these mistakes should have never been made...I really hope that other couples don't succumb to these mistakes.
We were assigned an IVF coordinator at our very first appointment with Dr. Duleba; Charlene King. She has been working with him for years. We could always reach her through email and/or by leaving voicemails. For the most part she would respond in 24-48 hours. I just felt like the whole IVF process wasn't explained to us that well and we kept learning and finding new things out as we went along. First off, every patient should be told in advance of the medications that will be ordered for them and through which pharmacy. With our first IVF cycle, I had received a phone call from MDR pharmacy with my order and knew nothing of it. I didn't even know that that order was placed with them and that I needed to be home to receive the package/medications. Second, I had provided a list of medications that I already had on-hand from a family member which were okayed by Charlene. She went ahead and ordered them anyways. It's careless; had I not been on top of it; I would have spent thousands of dollars on medications that were already in my refrigerator and un-returnable to the pharmacy. We also needed PGS testing done with both cycles on our embryos. She kept insisting that we only needed to do the PGD...which is completely untrue and left us to figure out and research which company should do our PGS testing for the embryos...we opted to go with iGenomix. For my second IVF cycle she copied and pasted the wrong medication/treatment protocol to my calendar. I had to call and email and let her know that Dr. Duleba wanted to try a different approach and use the protocol for diminished ovarian reserve. I also clarified it with Dr. Duleba himself. I'm a nurse myself and that's a major error. Again, if I didn't follow up and clarify this; more money, stress and anxiety would have been wasted. We pay too much money for IVF for these mistakes to be made.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Duleba has a very charming personality. During our initial consultation he made my husband and I feel at ease and relaxed. Going in to the appointment we did know that he only worked in the office on Tuesday and Thursday but all follow up ultrasounds would be performed by either himself or another Dr in the office. So, we felt comfortable moving forward with this office. Dr. Duleba had all of our records coming into our initial appointment which included a report from our genetic counselor which stated that I have a balanced translocation on chromosomes 3 and 9. He assured us that he had treated other women with translocations that he helped get pregnant successfully and that with two cycles we could get pregnant as well. After our second IVF cycle; Dr. Duleba called me personally with the results from our PGS testing stating that all five embryos again were abnormal...he went on to say that I really need to speak with a genetic counselor to see what my odds are on having children using my own eggs. I just felt like he didn't even truly know much about balanced translocations and my story/history. He was just doing his job duty of calling and giving the bad news. I shouldn't have had to fill him in on what the genetic counselor told my husband and I over a year ago...he himself should have advised us differently.
He does have great bedside manner and a real charming- personality but if you or your spouse have a balanced translocation which is the cause of your infertility; please get second or third opinions before settling with this office and Dr. Duleba. Go with your initial gut instincts!! With all of his expertise and teaching which he continues to do at UCSD; he should know more about balanced translocations and odds of successfully getting pregnant with IVF.
I have PCOS along with a balanced translocation on chromosomes 3 and 9. Both of my ovaries have multiple follicles. 1st IVF cycle: 33 eggs retrieved; 5 embryos--all abnormal with PGS testing. I was prescribed Menopur, Follistim, Pregnyl, Decadron, an antibiotic, Lupron, and a growth hormone. Apparently this was their standard protocol for a basic stimulation and egg retrieval. Dr. Duleba was amazed at how many eggs were retrieved but shocked that we only ended up with five embryos and all five were abnormal with PGS testing. He thought that maybe I had almost been hyper-stimulated. Our 2nd cycle- consisted of stimulating with just oral Clomid and Menopur. I was also prescribed the antibiotic, Decadron, Lupron, and growth hormone. Along with testosterone cream. This treatment protocol was used more for women with diminished ovarian reserve. They had retrieved 22 eggs, 5 embryos again; with all five being abnormal...again diagnosed with PGS testing.
We spent $40,000 on two IVF cycles with Dr. Duleba. Both cycles failed; we only had the egg retrievals.
We never had the opportunity for an embryo transfer but were advised that if we did get to that point that a single embryo would be transferred due to less potential complications.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] has multiple doctors and can help you even if the assigned doctor is away. All doctors that I saw showed compassion and were extremely knowledgeable, as well as had consistency with the guidance. It is also affiliated with UCSD which means everything is research-based. We especially enjoyed the lifestyle guidance that we still carry with us. The clinic is located inside a large medical building near UCSD, and the parking structure gets very busy, so frequent visits added a bit of stress. Be sure to get your parking tickets validated since the first 30 minutes is complimentary. The clinic also accepts donations of leftover fertility drugs so I ended up donating unused drugs, but they still charge for those drugs to new patients which kind of sucks.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic has multiple doctors and can help you even if the assigned doctor is away. All doctors that I saw showed compassion and were extremely knowledgeable, as well as had consistency with the guidance. It is also affiliated with UCSD which means everything is research-based. We especially enjoyed the lifestyle guidance that we still carry with us. The clinic is located inside a large medical building near UCSD, and the parking structure gets very busy, so frequent visits added a bit of stress. Be sure to get your parking tickets validated since the first 30 minutes is complimentary. The clinic also accepts donations of leftover fertility drugs so I ended up donating unused drugs, but they still charge for those drugs to new patients which kind of sucks.
Dr. Duleba always took time to explain everything, even if he was busy with lots of patients. He also gave me his cell phone number in case I needed any assistance with questions, and immediately responded whenever I sent him a text. I felt like he really cared about the outcome of the treatment, and always recommended the least invasive methods.
I had a nurse assigned to me at all times, but the assignment kept changing due to the nurse leaving the clinic, etc. I would've liked to have the same nurse, but I understand life happens. Overall I had a good experience with the nursing staff and appreciated that they only tell me what I need to hear at the current step, since there are so many things that you have to do in IVF journey. I was not overwhelmed but kept up to date at every step of the way.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
We are so glad we chose Reproductive Partners La Jolla. Everything was research-based, and every time we had a question Dr. Duleba patiently answered them with science-backed, research-based explanations. We did see other doctors when Dr. Duleba was on travel, but made every effort to see us whenever he could, which was most of the time. He was always warm and funny, and made our journey much less stressful.
Document your questions and ask them when he is with you during your appointment to make the most out of your appointment. I believe you should also do your own research in terms of ICSI, etc. to have a good understanding and ask the right questions.
Dr. Duleba firmly believes in single embryo transfer for our IVF cycle and he believed I had a very high chance of getting pregnant the first time, even though he had suggested that we continue trying IUI, since it is less invasive. We decided that it was time for us for IVF after trying three failed IUIs, but appreciated his input since we've heard that other clinics definitely push for IVF right away. We did frozen transfer since fresh transfers are less successful based on research, per Dr. Duleba, which turned out to be correct. We now have a healthy baby boy and cannot thank Dr. Duleba enough for his warm and friendly support during the stressful period of our fertility journey. We have frozen our remaining embryos for a second child.
Thankfully, my insurance covered most of the costs.
I am glad that Dr. Duleba transferred a single embryo based on my health and age. Multiple embryo transfers can result in twins or triplets, which increases complications.
La Jolla

This is a busy clinic, but I still felt like a person and had everything taken care of, and had my questions answered in a very prompt manner.... I never had an issue with the nursing staff. They were attentive, caring and answered my questions.... I felt like a human because he took the time to answer ALL of my questions, of which I had many, and I never felt rushed or hurried. I was able to contact his assistant as well with questions and she always got back to me within a few hours at the most.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is a busy clinic, but I still felt like a person and had everything taken care of, and had my questions answered in a very prompt manner. I don't have many things to say for weaknesses to be honest.
I felt from the beginning that Dr. Garzo knew his stuff and, if IVF was an option, wanted to cover his bases to make sure of success. At one point he suggested an endometrial biopsy based on the thickness of my lining. I went home and did some of my own research. Since we are very concerned about the cost of things, I asked if a biopsy was absolutely necessary and they told me they would look again during my sono to see if it looked like it was necessary. Once they went in he was satisfied with what he saw and didn't do it. I advocate for myself often with my doctors and this is an example, to me, of Dr. Garzo listening to what his patients want and being accommodating.
I would say take notes, or record your conversations because it is a lot of information and you want to make sure you know what your options are. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I like Dr. Garzo. He is warm enough for me with regard to a doctor and responsive. Those are two things that are important to me.
We paid cash for everything b/c our insurance didn't cover anything.
He uses eSET based on statistics that he has found and I personally appreciate this
La Jolla

As far as professionalism this team [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] has it down! ... I have also referred several of my friends to him because I felt so strongly that he would provide them with a good experience as well. ... Dr garzo made sure that I was comfortable and his staff was also very professional thorough and compassionate ... If there's anything I would change I would ask that they pay for our parking hundred percent
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
As far as professionalism this team has it down! If there's anything I would change I would ask that they pay for our parking hundred percent since we are paying so much out of our pocket to pay for IVF. I also wish they would do referral discounts or credit I mean because it would help with the cost of IVF especially considering I had so many friends I have referred them to and did not receive any benefit. But as far as actual strengths and weaknesses, I believe they did very well and I do not think there were any weaknesses per se.
Doctor Garzo was very polite and offered us with the solutions to our problems of infertility. Unlike other doctors we have seen, he was able to diagnose me correctly with the endometriosis, treat it, and successfully perform IVF egg retrieval and implantation followed by a positive pregnancy and birth. We will use him again
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Meghan and Amy)
Amazing
My entire experience with IVF was long and emotional but Dr garzo made sure that I was comfortable and his staff was also very professional thorough and compassionate I am so thankful for Dr garzo and his team and we'll use them again for baby number two if we need to. I have also referred several of my friends to him because I felt so strongly that he would provide them with a good experience as well.
I like that Dr garzo was able to diagnose me with endometriosis. Other doctors I have seen did not catch that which could have caused me to go through the IVF process without success. It was vital that I treated the endometriosis prior to the egg implanting. Make sure your doctor does a thorough check on you and make sure you ask a lot of questions don't feel pressure that you have to do the egg retrieval right away follow your instinct
Basically you Dr garzo treated my endometriosis prior to the egg retrieval and implantation. We froze the eggs and did testing, I had a few months of cleansing off the medication prior to implanting the eggs again.
Ranged from 20-26k
I know every person is different. I wanted twins but Dr garzo felt very strongly that I should only implant one egg because there are so many risks involved with multiple eggs. He was very adamant about this approach and I trust him even though I wanted twins I know I would rather have a healthy birth versus any issues later down the road so I trusted his opinion and advice
La Jolla

They [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] seem to need more space. I don't think it's appropriate to have patients dealing with very intimate processes such as infertility and IVF to have to ask their questions in the hallway with other patients passing by. Otherwise the reception staff have been very friendly and helpful.... This is a very busy office and it often feels like don't have adequate time to dedicate, but I think the desire is there. They just may be too busy at times. At my first appointment I felt like there was more time, but the following few appointments left me feeling very much like a number.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They seem to need more space. I don't think it's appropriate to have patients dealing with very intimate processes such as infertility and IVF to have to ask their questions in the hallway with other patients passing by. Otherwise the reception staff have been very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alicia Diaz Hay)
Alicia seems thoughtful and compassionate. There have been other staff that I have interacted with that I felt less comfortable with. At my first IVF (baseline) appt I did not see Alicia then, but the nurses in the hallway were answering my questions and I had wished I could have been in a more private place.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Duleba instills a sense of confidence and trust and I feel comfortable that he would advise us down the right path. He seemed to look at our entire profile and give us feedback about his impression of our fertility status. Subsequently I have felt like he's been busy and in demand, but I remain optimistic that the further we get into the treatment plan the more attention we will get hopefully.
He is experienced and trustworthy. But make sure you let him know you have questions to ask so that you have a chance to fit them all in!
I've just started a mid-luteal Estrace cycle....
With everything included it looks like one cycle of IVF will be around $17,500.
Seems to be the preference with this doctor or this office would be for single embyro transfer...
La Jolla

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[The nurse at Reproductive Partners] is nice and responsive and takes her job seriously. So seriously that she once drove to my house to provide me with medication and showed me how to use the injection! Now that is service! As for the finance coordinator, she told me about a program through my insurance company that lowered the cost of fertility treatments (my insurance doesn't cover so everything is out of pocket), which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It's next to the hospital so you have to pay for parking. You get a $1 off validation at the clinic but it'll still cost you $3 for up to 2 hours. That's the only gripe I have. Office is pleasant and the staff is pleasant. Only doctors are allowed to do the ultrasounds. I also like that you don't have to pay to get your own medical records. Everyone is usually very responsive- if you leave a message, you'll usually get a call back same day.
Dr. Duleba takes the time to go over everything and answer any question, no matter how simple or complicated. He actually encouraged us to talk to OvaScience about Augment to see if we have other options. He was also candid but warm and rather than pushing us to use donor eggs for our next cycle, recommended we try one more time but also stated he wouldn't recommend I do another cycle with my own eggs if the results were still negative. He also provided his personal opinion, which other doctors wouldn't do (they just kept stating statistics) and sometimes an honest answer is what you are looking for, without numbers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kerstin Spencer)
Reproductive Partners focuses on the idea that you have 1 nurse throughout your entire treatment cycle. Sounds nice on paper and in theory but if I had to get medical records, I still had to talk to someone else, finance (still another person), so when I think of 1 nurse, I hope for someone who can I can just communicate and get answers and information. Plus it seemed that every time I called, she was out of the office so I ended up talking to other nurses anyway. That being said, that is no way a negative reflection on Kerstin. She is nice and responsive and takes her job seriously. So seriously that she once drove to my house to provide me with medication and showed me how to use the injection! Now that is service! As for the finance coordinator, she told me about a program through my insurance company that lowered the cost of fertility treatments (my insurance doesn't cover so everything is out of pocket), which was very helpful.
I've researched and had consultations with 4 other doctors before in the San Diego area and he was the most knowledgeable. He talked about taking vitamins, refraining from drinking, smoking and caffeine, things that the other doctors didn't really get into. He made sure that we had enough time to ask our questions and he has a nice, warm personality. He's also very direct, which I appreciate.
Ask as many questions as you want!
I was on the low-stim protocol: - Take 81mg aspirin throughout the cycle (supposed to improve blood flow to the ovaries) - Start Androderm Gel once a positive LH surge has been detected (you will prob get your period during this time) - 6 days after starting the gel, take Estrace (around 6 days) - Once the doctor tells you to stop using the gel, he puts you on the Androderm patch for 5 days - Stop taking Estrace and the Androderm patch once the 5 days have past - Start 225 IUs of Menopur, 2 tablets of Clomid, Dexamethasone for 6-8 days - Then start taking Ganirelix 4-5 days - Then growth hormone, Indomethacin and then final a Lupron trigger
I requested early morning appointments so I can go straight to work without too much disruption and they were usually very accommodating.
$12,000 (not including the cost of medication)

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is great, but they will tell you it is mostly due to the lab staff and embryologists. The only thing I would say is a weakness is that some of the doctors have a very different approach and may not be completely informed on where you are and your needs. ... The nursing staff are top quality and extremely empathetic to what there patients are experiencing.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is the best place in San Diego with some of the highest success rates. The clinic is great, but they will tell you it is mostly due to the lab staff and embryologists. The only thing I would say is a weakness is that some of the doctors have a very different approach and may not be completely informed on where you are and your needs. There are a couple of reasons it is unrealistic to think you will always see the same doctor - every appointment is based on your cycle, doctors are human and need time off on occasion, and being hopped up on hormones makes you sensitive the fact that some doctors have colder hands than others!
Dr. Su was responsive to the emotional roller coaster of the process and always available to take my calls. The first few weeks of my pregnancy were really rough and she was available when I needed her
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I had multiple coordinators )
I have recommended her to everyone I know seeking fertility support. She was amazing. She is knowledgeable, straight forward, but also incredibly compassionate and hopeful regardless of the situation. She took time outside of an appointment to speak with me and even did not charge me after a difficult appointment.
To ask lots of questions since she does an excellent job of thoroughly explaining the process and answering all questions.
Dr. Su started me with IUI since my infertility was really unexplained. I had a ruptured appendix as a child so scar tissue is likely the culprit as well as the fact that I have only one ovary due to the appendix rupturing. I also had fibroids that were removed followed by 2 failed IUIs. She recommended a third IUI, but as we were paying out of pocket she was fine with our decision to move straight to IVF. I met with her to review the entire process, received my drug list, and an outline of the timeline. I ordered the drugs and called the clinic the first day of my period to start the egg retrieval process. They sent me a calendar with a list of the drugs and quantities I needed to take daily. My hormones have always been normal, so the protocol was textbooks. Egg retrieval was scheduled on day 13 or 14. The clinic collected 17 eggs, 13 fertilized, and 3 made it to blastocysts. Two were good quality and one was fair. All were frozen and we transferred on the following cycle. It worked the first time and I have a daughter that is now 4. I did bleed on and off from 6-12 weeks during the pregnancy. We transferred the other two at later dates, but neither one took. Only later did I find out that my uterus now has a defect and did not heal properly after my c-section.
I took out a $20,000 loan that covered egg retrieval and two transfers. Drugs were at an additional cost and were about $3,000-4,000.
She’s pretty strict if you are healthy and have a good shot at getting pregnant. She didn’t even really give us an option to do anything else! My safety was the priority and to her the reward is not worth the risk if you have your chances are high.
La Jolla

I have a condition when I give blood I pass out and have a seizure. A nightmare for my nurses at the clinic. This happened my first appointment. After that, all the nurse [at Repro Partners] took very special care with me....The atmosphere they create is calming, which was helpful because IVF can be scary. They were very organized and always there when I needed them...they did help us go through which medications we could have our insurance cover - very helpful
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The atmosphere they create is calming, which was helpful because IVF can be scary. They were very organized and always there when I needed them. My husband and I felt so good. We look back at that experience as special.
All of the information presented to us was delivered in a caring but detailed manner. We never felt confused with the procedure. We also felt like we got to know and care for the nurses. Dr. Deluba himself gave us the impression he personally cared about our situation and the outcome.
I have a condition when I give blood I pass out and have a seizure. A nightmare for my nurses at the clinic. This happened my first appointment. After that, all the nurse took very special care with me and I managed to go through the rest of my time with them (with a lot of blood draws) without passing out. This was 100% because they were amazing!
Dr. Deluba made us feel that we were in good hands immediately. We had experience with another fertility center we were not happy with, and as soon as we met with Dr. Deluba we knew we found the right place. When they transferred the embryo of our daughter, they asked my husband if he wanted to look under the microscope. It was an incredible experience for my husband to do that - and it stills blows his mind. Dr. Deliuba and his staff are aware of details like that, which can make the experience special instead of terrifying.
Relax - it is going to be ok. They understand you are probably in a scary spot right now. They will be there for you.
I don't remember details for the medications. They tried to be as conservative as possible with our medications, as in not overmedicating. Our procedure went very smooth so we didn't have to adjust much.
I don't remember but they did help us go through which medications we could have our insurance cover - very helpful
We had a strong case for the transfer to be successful. Dr. Deluba explained that unless I really wanted twins, I would be smart to choose one embryo. I agreed and we have a beautiful daughter. If I wanted more, I felt he would have explained the possibilities without judgment.

IUI, 2 IVF
All staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] are well organized, personable, and quality of treatment is top notch. We have had a issues getting a few things resolved with the finance department (emails that have not been returned regarding an issue with a claim form/billing). Always take early appointments if possible because parking can be a nightmare later in the day.
IUI, 2 IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All staff are well organized, personable, and quality of treatment is top notch. We have had a issues getting a few things resolved with the finance department (emails that have not been returned regarding an issue with a claim form/billing). Always take early appointments if possible because parking can be a nightmare later in the day.
He really took the time to get to know us and our situation. Seemed like he really cared about us. Was always nice and personable. Never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy N.)
Amy always kept us in the loop and responded quickly to emails and phone calls. We always felt that she had our best interest at heart at all times. The few times we interacted with other nursing staff, they went above and beyond as Amy did.
Easy to talk to. Never felt judged. Always gave us as much information as possible so we could make the best decision. Went above and beyond with respect to follow up and checking in to make sure everything was going great after the procedure.
Be yourself and don't be afraid to convey any fears/questions/concerns. He will happily address all of them and guide you towards a treatment plan that works best for you.
Our total costs for 2 egg retrievals including genetic testing and medications was roughly $45,000 before insurance reimbursement. The clinic was out of network and the treatments occurred during 2 different calendar years which increased our net cost slightly.
We are happy our doctor uses eSET because we specifically sought out an expert in this.

2015 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Tubal Blockage
Weakness - Billing process was slow and difficult to understand at times as bills lagged and weren't as consistent. They [Reproductive Partners Fertiliy Center] would work with us on billing, but you needed to follow closely. ... Strength - They are excellent at explaining options, walking you through the process, giving feedback, empathizing with you in tough times and celebrating any good news. They are also very organized, timely and consistent in their performance.
2015 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Strength - They are excellent at explaining options, walking you through the process, giving feedback, empathizing with you in tough times and celebrating any good news. They are also very organized, timely and consistent in their performance. Weakness - Billing process was slow and difficult to understand at times as bills lagged and weren't as consistent. They would work with us on billing, but you needed to follow closely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie Hetherington)
Strength - She was very thorough and compassionate. She made us feel comfortable. Weakness - Not the best at drawing blood from someone with small veins.
Dr Su, while very matter of fact and somewhat robotic in nature, has an incredible ability to relate to her patients and takes a true interest in them and their experience. I felt like she cared and put us first at all times. She wanted it as bad as we did. I always felt comfortable because she created comfort. She explained everything clearly to us, answered our questions and gave us honest opinions when prompted.
Ask lots of questions and don't be shy asking her to dumb things down for you.
I don't remember specifics.
Don't remember exactly. Much of it was covered by insurance.
I appreciated her approach in explaining both options and what they would consist of. She made it clear what either could result in mating it clear for us to decide on eSET.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
Dr. Garzo and his staff were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan.
Our primary nurse coordinator, Charlene, has been responsive and organized throughout our treatments. She honestly is the best healthcare professional that we've ever had!
Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. He's been compassionate and kind during any setbacks and has changed protocols when we've been less successful. We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
You've picked a great RE, trust him and be patient.
Our most recent IVF retrieval cost around $15k for the entire retrieval process (including monitoring appointments, PGS biopsy, etc) plus an additional $5k for medications and $2k for PGS testing. Our frozen embryo transfers cost around $3k each.
Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [Reproductive Partners] got busy every once in a while, but nothing crazy. Most visits were right on time! The schedule was very flexible & I never had trouble getting in at a good time. Everyone was very helpful & always greeting you with a smile....I knew right away after meeting Dr. Quaas and his nurse Amy that I was in wonderful hands and I would bring home a baby one day thanks to them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic got busy every once in a while, but nothing crazy. Most visits were right on time! The schedule was very flexible & I never had trouble getting in at a good time. Everyone was very helpful & always greeting you with a smile.
Dr. Quaas was extremely kind, had a great sense of humor and I felt super comfortable in his care.
The nursing staff was AMAZING & Amy was beyond fantastic. I couldn't have asked for better.
After our failed cycle at another clinic where I felt like just another number, I was very nervous to start all over again. I knew right away after meeting Dr. Quaas and his nurse Amy that I was in wonderful hands and I would bring home a baby one day thanks to them. He was super compassionate, fun to talk to and always listened to all of my questions. His schedule was very flexible and the office was great. I would recommend him to anyone needing his services without hesitation. As much as I am glad to be done with my IVF treatment thanks to his great care & treatment plan, I will miss him and his staff!
He is the best you will get without a doubt!
We had severe MFI & my age left me with lower quality eggs. He pulled out almost all of the stops without going overboard to get me wonderful results.
Roughly 13k for retrieval process, about 10k+ for retrieval and transfer meds, 5k for various PGS testing and other costs
We only had one good embryo to use and he made it a success!
1 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Reproductive Partners is on the higher end of costs, but the care is good, and they have packages and financing available.... This clinic is friendly, well organized, clean, has a great lab, and more than proficient doctors. A major weakness would be that you don't always get to see your primary doctor or have them do the surgery but the quality of care is mostly the same between them.... Robin has been a fantastic nurse. She is quick to respond and very kind.
1 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He is very kind and very knowledgable and answers all questions. Sometimes he is a bit rushed and forgets our prior discussions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Robin HandShue)
Robin has been a fantastic nurse. She is quick to respond and very kind.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr Agarwal is very knowledgable and friendly. I feel confident in him as my doctor. I especially like that he specializes in endometriosis as this is a concern of mine. Sometimes I had to remind him of prior conversations but his medical work is on point.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr Agarwal is a thorough surgeon. He takes extra time and care to get everything he can. He is very knowledgable and will give you a full assessment of odds.
Describe the protocols Sanjay Agarwal used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Round one I started off light with menopur, follistim, and clomid to see my reaction to new drugs. My doses were upped quite a bit to of menopur and follistim because my E2s weren't rising. The results were great for my age 7 blastocysts 2 PGS normal. Round 2 dosage was similar but didn't produce any normals.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Describe Sanjay Agarwal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My doctor strongly prefers 1 embryo transfer. It is safer for the mother and the fetus.
Sanjay Agarwal

2007 - 2018
They [Reproductive Partners] are pretty good at communicating everything. Have not had any issues with the clinic at all. Even though they have grown through the years, they seem to manage a more personalized approach to care compared to what many friends are telling me with other local clinics. We never even considered another Clinic, were so pleased the first time around. Plus I would not choose ro do this easily with another doctor anyways.
2007 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are pretty good at communicating everything. Have not had any issues with the clinic at all. Even though they have grown through the years, they seem to manage a more personalized approach to care compared to what many friends are telling me with other local clinics. We never even considered another Clinic, were so pleased the first time around. Plus I would not choose ro do this easily with another doctor anyways.
He always takes the time to address concerns and has a very genuine approach with patients.
Britnnie is amazing, caring, sweet and so personable. Always has a smile on and really knows how to hold your hand through such a tough process. We are so blessed to be working with her again.
Dr Agarwal is very personable. He takes time to address all concerns, is very involved in the process. Above all he is honest, has strong ethics and shows a lot of care. We truly trust him to make decisions that are best for us and are thankful to have found such great, caring and compassionate doctor.
Be honest with him, shareyour concerns and fears. No question or worry is too silly for him. Trust him, he has a patients best interest at heart.
Long agonist protocol first IVF. Successful pregnancy of twins. Different approach this time, still waiting to hear all the details and timelines on that but I trust we are in the best care possible!
13 k for all freeze cycle.
He seems to feel strongly about eSETfor our case and we agree.
Sanjay Agarwal
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Overall it [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center- La Jolla] is a great office. Great doctors and great staff. The embryologists are also very good. They explain things well, they are very thorough in their procedures and help you have the greatest success possible at achieving pregnancy. It is definitely more on the pricey side which is the only negative about it.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Overall it is a great office. Great doctors and great staff. The embryologists are also very good. They explain things well, they are very thorough in their procedures and help you have the greatest success possible at achieving pregnancy. It is definitely more on the pricey side which is the only negative about it.
He has taken the time to make sure we have the best chance possible to conceive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Fuller)
My nurse/coordinator has been so helpful and is a great communicator. She has been so awesome throughout this process. The nursing staff in general is wonderful at this clinic. Everyone always has a smile on their face, they take great care of all their patients, even if they aren’t assigned to you.
He is very kind and thorough. He sometimes jumps to diagnosing and a couple of times has misdiagnosed me for things. But I know it’s just because he is really just trying to help us find the root of the problem and trying to help us have our best chance at success. He is very experienced and knowledgeable.
It was a low stimulation protocol with clomid, menopur, and follistim. We also used a medication (another injection) a few days before the retrieval to increase the egg quality. The first time we did ivf we had poor egg quality results, with only one embryo that resulted. This time around we ended up with 6 embryos, all decent quality. I would say the protocol we used for retrieval was much more successful.
Dr. Garzo feels very strongly that elective single embryo transfers are more successful than multiple embryos transfers.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
There sometime is a little delay in the staff [Repro Partners Fertility Ctr] communicating with each other to order meds or blood work etc. For example the meds they ordered for my surrogate was different than what they had said she would start. I also had to bring it to their attention that they had asked her to stop birth control and she would not resume. The nurse who was putting in the orders did not know this.... My Coordinator had back up for days she wasn’t there. However since I was on a daily schedule for blood work
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
There sometime is a little delay in the staff communicating with each other to order meds or blood work etc. For example the meds they ordered for my surrogate was different than what they had said she would start. I also had to bring it to their attention that they had asked her to stop birth control and she would not resume. The nurse who was putting in the orders did not know this.
He explained everything and due to my unique situation was very good at remembering me and monitoring me during IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
My Coordinator had back up for days she wasn’t there. However since I was on a daily schedule for blood work and almost daily ultrasounds which is not standard, sometimes the nursing staff wasn’t sure what I was there for, or to schedule an ultrasound for the next day.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He provided the right amount of optimism and the balance of the statistics for me. I also always felt he was doing the best to get me the best results. I had a migrated ovary and he did everything to be able to access and use that ovary without endangering me.
He will be very honest with you so be prepared for the facts.
Due to a hysterectomy and a migrated ovary he monitored me every day. He adjusted my menopur to a heigher dose.
All in for 1 round of IVF with medicationit wa about $27000
N/A, I only have one embryo to transfer.
La Jolla

Be prepared to wait [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] ... unless you have the very first appointment of the day. Otherwise you will be seen a minimum of 20 minutes after your scheduled time. Aside from that, very friendly and compassionate staff...The very first thing that was done was blood work. Lots of blood work. From there, he performed a SIS to look at my uterus. Polyps were found, so a minor surgery was scheduled. Once that was taken care of, we moved on to medicated cycles ... we did 2 rounds of clomid with ovidrel and IUI, took a break and did clomid with ovidrel TI, then one more of the clomid ovidrel IUI before moving on to injections. From there we did 2 cycles with gonal f/ovidrel and IUI. I was now told we need to move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Be prepared to wait ... unless you have the very first appointment of the day. Otherwise you will be seen a minimum of 20 minutes after your scheduled time. Aside from that, very friendly and compassionate staff.
Dr. Duleba carefully takes his time to explain everything (even if it’s not what you want to hear). He genuinely cares about his patients.
Dr. Duleba is a caring physician. He wants the same end result as you do. He will take his time to explain all options available. My time as a patient was a pleasant as one would expect, given the stressful nature of my visits.
He is blunt and honest.
My insurance would only cover meds/treatments associated with TI. So, my out of pocket costs were medication (minimal for clomid, $500 for gonal f, $28 for ovidrel), and the actual IUI ($328). I do not know what costs will be involved with IVF.

2010 - 2012
IVF, Egg Freezing
2010 - 2012
IVF, Egg Freezing
To start with, they were willing to take my frozen embryos (created in Boston and shipped to them). A lot of places won't touch you if they don't get to do everything. They kindly listened to my concerns; after hours calls were answered quickly and without annoyance. Though I (as expected) spent most of my time with the nurses, Dr Garzo gave me sufficient time to ensure my questions were answered. They had the head of the lab come and talk to me about my frozen embroys, which I really appreciated. They were willing to work with me when I moved to Houston, TX; they let me do ALL my pre-work in TX (I had to arrange ultrasounds and bloodwork on my own, but it was worth it to not have to fly back and forth to SD). I tried to find a doc in Houston who would take my frozen embroys, but the best shop in town said no and I wasn't willing to go to any of the other Houston clinis.
While I didn't bond with them like the nurse from my first IVF experience, they did their job well, made sure I always knew what to do and when, and answered questions promptly when I called.
He was professional and expressed himself well. He is NOT all warm and fuzzy, but I don't need/want that. He was plenty compassionate, but in a more formal way.
No advice specific to him.
La Jolla

Very organized staff, clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] was clean and had a friendly atmosphere but maybe a bit outdated as far as design. Parking was good, waiting area ok and payments and checkout were quick. Overall very satisfied. ... Great team of proffessional that was very experienced and very organized. I saw many different nurses and they were all great with a great attitude!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Very organized staff, clinic was clean and had a friendly atmosphere but maybe a bit outdated as far as design. Parking was good, waiting area ok and payments and checkout were quick. Overall very satisfied.
Proffessional doctor and clinic, listened to my goals, worked with my schedule and took the time to explain any questions I had.
Dr.Quaas made me feel comfortable through the entire process and had a very positive attitude. He communicated well and made the visits comfortable. I felt I could trust that I had a very good doctor taking care of me.
Don’t wait to get your fertility treatment or egg freezing done later, if you are thinking about it, do it!
After consultation a schedule was made and after starting hormone shots, bloodwork was done every day to monitor levels and progress. US was done every few days up until trigger shots and retrieval, all scheduled within my busy work schedule!!
Medications $3-5K Consultation $250 Appointments and egg retrieval around $9K

3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
They [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] are very organized and responsive. This is something that is important because there is so much one is going through and to have a whole office that is organized makes a huge difference. This is from the front office to the nurses to the doctor.... We met with another clinic before going to Reproductive Partners and the difference was night and day. We love coming to this office because we feel welcome by all and everyone interacts with us!
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are very organized and responsive. This is something that is important because there is so much one is going through and to have a whole office that is organized makes a huge difference. This is from the front office to the nurses to the doctor.
He took the time to explain each step and proceeded each retrieval and transfer with care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachelle Ferrer)
They are all amazing! We met with another clinic before going to Reproductive Partners and the difference was night and day. We love coming to this office because we feel welcome by all and everyone interacts with us!
We love Dr Garzo! He takes the time to review our situation at each and every appointment. He proceeded each step with care and always provided his expertise. He is super kind too! He would always greet our 2 year old, which means a lot to us. We would 100% recommend him hands down.
Ask questions no matter how silly you might think they sound! The more you know, the easier the process is.
I felt Dr Garzo did everything in line with protocol in adherence to our situation. He adjusted meds as needed and would ask to see me daily to make sure things were going as he expected them to.
It's IVF so it gets expensive. That is expected.

Other, Unexplained
The office staff [Repro Partners Fert Ctr] are friendly. When you arrive they will take a photo of you and your husband for their chart. The clinic is on the 8th floors of Scripps hospital in La Jolla. Some of the doctors there also work at UCSD. It's a warm and welcoming environment.... Sheri is the primary person I communicate with outside of appointments. She is quick to respond to emails and very helpful. She has been a pleasure to work with.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The office staff are friendly. When you arrive they will take a photo of you and your husband for their chart. The clinic is on the 8th floors of Scripps hospital in La Jolla. Some of the doctors there also work at UCSD. It's a warm and welcoming environment.
From the moment I met him Dr. Garzo made me feel like he had my best interests at heart. I knew he truly listened as I explained what brought me to his office when he made his recommendations to me. He was so thorough in our meeting and exam, I really felt like I'd found the right doctor to work with on what had already been an emotional roller coaster. He is really wonderful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sheri)
I can't recommend Dr. Garzo highly enough. I feel so fortunate to have found him. My first experience in a Reproductive Endocrinologist was terrible. I felt like I was on an assembly line and represented a paycheck. From the moment I met Dr. Garzo I knew I'd come tot he right place. He's just a lovely human being.
No advice, he will work with you wherever you are.
La Jolla

The clinic [Repro Partners - La Jolla] is honest, set expectations, can be busy. Easy to reach coordinators, schedule appts. Billing Dept was easy to deal with. Received blood results same day. The clinic can be busy - Arrive early for your appt....Only once- they changed an appt the day before and I didn't receive the message...[nurse] Great communicator, easy to get a hold of, helped coordinate and keep me on track of all the appointments and treatment schedule.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is honest, set expectations, can be busy. Easy to reach coordinators, schedule appts. Billing Dept was easy to deal with. Received blood results same day. The clinic can be busy - Arrive early for your appt.
He has a great bedside manner, gave us his personal cell phone, is highly educated in the field and very passionate about the subject. Highly recommend.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alicia)
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Great listener and addresses all our concerns and questions. He adjusted our treatment schedule and was always available for follow-ups. He brought forward new research and was open to different types of medicine (eastern) and offered dietary and lifestyle advice.
Be honest with him off what your expectations are.
Egg retrievals- menapur and follistim Pre-transfer - BCP Transfer - viville dot (6 patches), projesterone in oil (2cc)
~$15-18 egg retrieval, pre-monitoring ~$2200-2500 transfer/pre-transfer monitoring
La Jolla

the strengths are that it [Repro Partners Fertility Ctr] is a lovely waiting room. this is important when you are waiting for this sort of situation. you need a warm nice environment. there is a fish tank. the music is nice and all the front desk staff are warm, friendly and always eager to help. even if you want a glass of water they always go above and beyond... she [nurse] is patient with me with my questions. there is a lot of unknown in this process and Charlene always made me feel like no question is a dumb question
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
the strengths are that it is a lovely waiting room. this is important when you are waiting for this sort of situation. you need a warm nice environment. there is a fish tank. the music is nice and all the front desk staff are warm, friendly and always eager to help. even if you want a glass of water they always go above and beyond
Dr Su makes you feel special. She cares about every step and cheers you on
she is patient with me with my questions. there is a lot of unknown in this process and Charlene always made me feel like no question is a dumb question
DR. Su has always made me feel like its always possible. She never made me feel like its not possible because of my age or whatever reasons we are seeing her. She is always encouraging and always available for any questions
be patient and believe
Dr. Su decided that on my second egg retrieval if I had more than two embryos then we would freeze 2 or under. I currently have two frozen now (they were frozen on day three) and we are doing the transfer in about three weeks
12,500 per cycle. plus around 6k for medication per cycle
Dr. Su recommended that we transfer two embryo. They did talk to me about Single embryo transfer...but I didn't really ask questions when she suggested to transfer two

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
No weaknesses, wonderful staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] across the board, from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses. Everyone is willing to help and answer any questions that one might have. I would highly recommend the entire office.... Wonderful staff couldn’t have asked for more. Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
No weaknesses, wonderful staff across the board, from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses. Everyone is willing to help and answer any questions that one might have. I would highly recommend the entire office.
Wonderful staff and excellent doctor attention
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie )
Wonderful person and very informative.
Wonderful staff couldn’t have asked for more. Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor eggs gave me a beautiful baby boy, second attempt did not take, however, will definitely try again with doctor garzo.
Ask all questions and be as open as possible. Doctor Garzo will answer everything in detail.
Since the beginning doctor garzo made me aware that my egg quality was not good and low, so he suggested donor eggs and gave me all the specifics. After we found our donor the clinic was amazing both with her and with me. I started my injections and patches and once a positive pregnancy test came back I still moved forward with injections and patches for a few weeks.
Don’t remember a specific number
doctor garzo made me aware why multiple embryos does not mean a higher way is having a positive outcome and if it is a pregnancy with multiple it puts both the babies and me at risk.
La Jolla

The office [Reproductive Parnters Fertility Center] was nice, the doctors are nice, and the staff. There has not been anything we have not been satisfied with so far, and have loved everyone that we have dealt with at this clinic. ... The return messages right away, same day - and are always available for questions and even just to ease fears along the way. ... She [nurse] has been friendly and completely helpful along the way. I tend to worry and have a lot of questions and she never made me feel like I was bothering her and anytime I emailed her or left a message she got back to me quickly - always the same day.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is my first cycle and I have never used another doctor or seen anyone else. The office was nice, the doctors are nice, and the staff. There has not been anything we have not been satisfied with so far, and have loved everyone that we have dealt with at this clinic.
Garzo and all the staff we have dealt with so far has been friendly and answered any and all questions we have had. The return messages right away, same day - and are always available for questions and even just to ease fears along the way. Very happy with our experience so far
She has been friendly and completely helpful along the way. I tend to worry and have a lot of questions and she never made me feel like I was bothering her and anytime I emailed her or left a message she got back to me quickly - always the same day.
He has been very friendly and explained everything in detail. He made himself available for questions. We are still early in the cycle - but we have been very happy so far! All three times we have met with him both my husband and I have been happy with the experience and love that he is honest about everything - good and bad.
To go in with your questions ready ahead of time
We are just now starting medications and our egg retrieval is not till June 4th.
The cost for in vitro is $16,500 with an addtional $10,000 or so for medication and other testing - such as genetic testing
When starting I wanted a multiple embryo transfer. My reasoning was because I would rather have two babies then one - and if putting in two increased my chances I wanted to do that. Dr. Garzo explained it to us, and my husband also only wanted a single transfer. He explained the risk of having a multiple pregnancy was not worth the health risks to me and child - especially considering putting two in does not increase the odds by much.

2009 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] itself is relaxing and comfortable. The ladies at the front are always friendly and welcoming. No matter who you walk next to they are always smiling ... They [nurses] are amazing, they make you feel a part of a family there ... Weakness is the elevators are always packed and lobby is busy. ... Visit and ultrasound were reasonable , iui procedures were ok. Infertility treatments no matter what are expensive.
2009 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Weakness is the elevators are always packed and lobby is busy. Clinic itself is relaxing and comfortable. The ladies at the front are always friendly and welcoming. No matter who you walk next to they are always smiling
He took his time, went over all the steps and he truly cares about you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
They are amazing, they make you feel a part of a family there
Dr. Garzo was present every step of the way wether it was not so good news or amazing news. He always had the next plan ready for us. He never made us feel rushed or like he has another patient waiting
The most caring doctor that you can trust
We first did one round of iui with donor sperm, was on clomid 100 mg. We went in for our first iui procedure. Came back to do the pregnancy test, came back negative. Dr. Garzo saw a couple of polyps that i had my obgyn remove. We then planned for another iui round but this time i had to do a shot the night before to boost my ovaries, while in clomid as well. Went in to do a iui procedure then again the next day. Then was on insertable progesterone capsules. Went in for our pregnancy and got results that we were pregnant.
Embryo Freezing
Very clean, efficient, friendly staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. Not very long waiting times. Everyone is very helpful. Financial team is great, they give you an estimate of the cost depending on what procedures you select. I do not have any negative things to say. ... Amy Nelson is wonderful. She has responded to all of my e-mails promptly and thoroughly. ... I am still in the process of starting embryo preservation with Dr. Quaas
Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Very clean, efficient, friendly staff. Not very long waiting times. Everyone is very helpful. Financial team is great, they give you an estimate of the cost depending on what procedures you select. I do not have any negative things to say.
Dr. Quaas spent a lot of time with us explaining embryo preservation and answering all of our questions.
Dr. Quaas was amazing. He is very intelligent but also has fantastic bedside manner. He answered all of our questions and even did additional research for us when I had a question that he was not sure about.
I am still in the process of starting embryo preservation with Dr. Quaas
We have not completed treatment yet so I am not sure the final cost

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] are very friendly, the clinic is lovely and organized . Everyone is supportive and friendly I Bieber had any problem dealing with anyone. When I go I get greeted and treated nicely by everyone not just my nurse and dr ... Amy [nurse] is very nice and friendly , she is also very supportive and tries to gets back to me at the earliest whenever I have a question or need anything . She’s great
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Staff are very friendly, the clinic is lovely and organized . Everyone is supportive and friendly I Bieber had any problem dealing with anyone. When I go I get greeted and treated nicely by everyone not just my nurse and dr
Dr Alexander is very friendly and supportive, even with patients with lower chances of pregnancy he has been very supportive and honest
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson )
Amy is very nice and friendly , she is also very supportive and tries to gets back to me at the earliest whenever I have a question or need anything . She’s great
Dr. Quaas is very friendly and nice, he takes his time explaining every single detail to me about my situation and the treatment and all. He is very supportive and honest. He made it clear that my case is not the easiest and that it will be a challenge to get me pregnant but still he is supportive and on top of everything.
Be honest with the dr about your medical situation , financial and emotional as fertility treatment is not easy.
La Jolla

Overall great experience [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. Felt the financial piece could have been explained a bit better and reason for certain medications explained further. Apparently lots of choices regarding medication choices, would have liked more in depth explanation as to why this one was chosen....Efficient. Easy to get a hold of and talk to
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Overall great experience. Felt the financial piece could have been explained a bit better and reason for certain medications explained further. Apparently lots of choices regarding medication choices, would have liked more in depth explanation as to why this one was chosen.
Dr. Quads never rushed the appointments, always took the time to thoroughly explain what he was doing and why and even took the time to call me over the phone when some of my results about follicle numbers were not as we had hoped for. Genuine doctor with true care for his patients from my experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: AMy nelson )
Efficient. Easy to get a hold of and talk to
From the beginning I felt a sense of ease with him. Super knowledgeable with a great bedside manner that is often a lost art in the medical field. He truly took time during our visits and I felt like his goal was to get me the best results possible
Be open and ask as many questions as you need to. Don’t be shy, he is very approachable
La Jolla
I’ve had a great experience with this clinic [Repro Partners Fertility Ctr]. All staff are friendly, warm and helpful. They’ve been quick to respond to my questions and have coordinated with my other doctors to make sure information gets to where it needs to go.... Dr Duleba takes time to answer every question. He’s warm and kind and also completely clear about the process.... Yes, I’m a patient in a big medical system but he always made me feel like a person and a priority.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I’ve had a great experience with this clinic. All staff are friendly, warm and helpful. They’ve been quick to respond to my questions and have coordinated with my other doctors to make sure information gets to where it needs to go.
Dr Duleba performed a surgery to prepare me for IVF. He recognized my concerns and gave me his personal cell to contact him anytime with questions. I’ve texted and called him on several occasions including during surgery recovery at 6 am. He responded immediately and told me to come in to see him that morning and he’d fit me in between appointments. The surgery result was exactly what I wanted. Working with Dr Duleba has always felt very personal. Yes, I’m a patient in a big medical system but he always made me feel like a person and a priority.
Ask as many questions as you can think of. He’s really wonderful.

3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Staff at the clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] were nice and helpful. ... I also was not very fond of the parking fees, however the facility is nice and they usually got me out fast so that I wasn’t paying a lot for parking ... My nurse was very kind and helpful when I asked for her help. She did a good job guiding me to what I needed to do. There were a few times I had to follow up and take initiative, but that’s to be expected since they have so many patients
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Staff at the clinic were nice and helpful. They were not as personable as Dr Yoo. I also was not very fond of the parking fees, however the facility is nice and they usually got me out fast so that I wasn’t paying a lot for parking
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Yoo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I didn’t feel like a number, I felt like Dr Yoo was invested in my story
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I will use him again! Dr Yoo proved to know what he was doing with the results. He has a very kind and soft demeanor and is very helpful when it comes to explaining the process. He listened to all of our concerns and answered all of my silly questions. I also never felt pressured into anything with Dr Yoo.
Describe the protocols Richard Yoo used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IVF with icsi was used, due to my young age he was not aggressive with the meds prior to the egg retrieval
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Yoo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Approx 30k if out of pocket
Describe Richard Yoo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
He was very set on only transferring one embryo due to my age
Richard Yoo
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Richard Yoo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

2012 - 2013
IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
When I had to figure out the medications... I had my nurse's cell phone number and she encouraged me to call when I needed her. I had an incident where that happened, and she was very sweet to answer my call and guide me through the process.
2012 - 2013
IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Yoo knew all about my personal story of wanting to become a mother. He asked a lot of questions and was a great listener. I felt he really cared about me and wasn't just trying to make his money!
When I had to figure out the medications: mixing, stirring, injecting, it became very confusing once I got home and had to do it. I had my nurse's cell phone number and she encouraged me to call when I needed her. I had an incident where that happened, and she was very sweet to answer my call and guide me through the process.
Dr. Yoo was very thorough in explaining everything to me. He answered all of my millions of questions and helped me understand the process. I felt he gave me realistic expectations, but still remained hopeful and positive. He went out of his way to call and contact me during and after the process. To this day, I send him pictures of my daughter and am so grateful for all of his help.
Richard Yoo

2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] was the 2nd opinion we got. It was a night and day experience from the first clinic. They were extremely thorough and we were in constant contact with the Doctor. We definitely felt like he was paying close attention to every detail...Mine was a long protocol using testosterone and Estrace to increase egg quality and reserve. Then we used Menopur and Folistim to stim for about 11 days and triggered with lupron and pregnyl. We also used hgh to help with egg quality until retrieval.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
He was the 2nd opinion we got. It was a night and day experience from the first clinic. They were extremely thorough and we were in constant contact with the Doctor. We definitely felt like he was paying close attention to every detail.
He is extremely thorough and gives you all options. All the doctors in the clinic seem to work together very well.
2011 - 2016
Ask questions know all of the information before you begin and do your own research. We have had a long journey with different dr and dr garzo is amazing and clearly knows what he is doing...Dr Garzo is great more of a facts and numbers guy....The first time for iui we had a ton of bills [from Reproductive Partners] . This time our insurance covers cost and the finance people are all over helping and providing detailed info. They call back in less than 24 hours
2011 - 2016
Dr garzo is great more of a facts and numbers guy.
The first time for iui we had a ton of bills. This time our insurance covers cost and the finance people are all over helping and providing detailed info. They call back in less than 24 hours

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I absolutely love her [Dr. Brooke Friedman], and her honesty and calmness. She takes as much time with us as needed to talk us through each step. Her confidence exudes in a very pleasant way. She is so caring and nurturing, and has been EXACTLY what we needed on this journey [Note: Dr. Friedman may have left to join San Diego Fertility].
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I absolutely love her, and her honesty and calmness. She takes as much time with us as needed to talk us through each step. Her confidence exudes in a very pleasant way. She is so caring and nurturing, and has been EXACTLY what we needed on this journey.
Brooke Friedman
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brooke Friedman at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
I arrived to this clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] because I am a UCSD patient in their OB/GYN office. The clinic was highly recommended, especially because of the lab. ... They are organized and provide top human-to-human contact and care. ... THey [nurses] are a wonderful team. They are on top of their schedules, attentive, responsive. The service couldn't be better.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I arrived to this clinic because I am a UCSD patient in their OB/GYN office. The clinic was highly recommended, especially because of the lab. I have since only heard excellent things about the office, and I'm so glad I chanced upon it, mostly through the high-caliber network of doctors whose care I was under for cancer. They are organized and provide top human-to-human contact and care. I heard that IVF is only as good as the lab is--and that this lab is excellent.
Dr. Su always took the time to explain everything to me. She is direct and doesn't dance around issues, and I appreciated that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Britt and Natalie)
THey are a wonderful team. They are on top of their schedules, attentive, responsive. The service couldn't be better.
Dr. Su was my fertility doctor and during the initial ultrasound found a giant tumor and was the person who ordered the MRI. She was also the person who was able to offer me fertility preservation options due to the possible hysterectomy due to the tumor. Through the whole experience she was realistic, communicative, accessible, compassionate, and always inspired confidence that I was in good hands.
She is top-notch, and will always be direct with you.
We had a random start because of the cancer surgery date. I was on very high dosage of meds to produce results. I had very differently sized ovaries so the timing was critical. She had predicted 0-2 embryos and I ended up with 1.
Drugs, embryo freezing, egg retrieval, monitoring = around $20,000
I only had one embryo so this is n/a.