9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177

Treated 2020
I loved working with Dr. Quaas and Reproductive Partners. I liked that I saw Dr. Quaas every ultrasound visit and he personally performed the ultrasound. I felt like he was open to trying different things and tailoring a treatment plan to me. I never felt like our visits were rushed and he spent hours discussing our care. We really liked that he is involved in the scientific community and evidence based research. He was fairly responsive to emails...We tried a maximum-dose stimulation protocol for our first egg retrieval, used max doses of Menopur, Gonal-F, HGH, clomid, and dexamethasone, used an antagonist and dual HCG/lupron trigger. The second cycle we tried a lower dose stimulation as I was worried that the high doses caused diminished egg quality. We used 300 units Menopur, HGH, clomid, and dexamethasone with an antagonist and dual trigger. Neither cycles were successful unfortunately, as we think my egg quality is poor.
the earliest ultrasound appointments were at 8 AM [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center], although the wait times were usually very short. The nurses would normally call around 3-6 PM to adjust any doses. There is an affiliated pharmacy in the hospital where you can get all your medications. The lab is also in the hospital. A weakness of the lab would be that they do not currently do Zymot, PICSI, or time-lapse embryoscope...I primarily worked with Amy [nurse], who was great through the whole process. She always called in my medications promptly. We mostly communicated through the online portal system, and she usually responded within 1-2 days. My only complaint was that she was frequently out of the office, making communication with her difficult via e-mail and phone, although other nurses were usually available to answer any questions.
How was your experience with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
If you have an idea of what you are looking for or what treatment you want, advocate for yourself, as he was very open to changing protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Quaas was always very empathetic and personable, he tailored his treatment plans to me.
Describe the protocols Alexander Quaas used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson)
I primarily worked with Amy, who was great through the whole process. She always called in my medications promptly. We mostly communicated through the online portal system, and she usually responded within 1-2 days. My only complaint was that she was frequently out of the office, making communication with her difficult via e-mail and phone, although other nurses were usually available to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Excellent staff, including the billing department, which really saved us when they told us we would need to change our insurance to Cigna at the last minute. They have been great dealing with our insurance claims. Early morning visits could start earlier to accomodate the work day, as the earliest ultrasound appointments were at 8 AM, although the wait times were usually very short. The nurses would normally call around 3-6 PM to adjust any doses. There is an affiliated pharmacy in the hospital where you can get all your medications. The lab is also in the hospital. A weakness of the lab would be that they do not currently do Zymot, PICSI, or time-lapse embryoscope.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All of our claims have still not been processed. With insurance, we only had to pay $300 upfront for embryo co-culture.
Describe Alexander Quaas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Dr. Quaas and the clinic as a whole only does frozen embryo transfers. They will not do day 3 or fresh transfers. He strongly believes in blastocyst FET.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Duleba is a strong advocate for quality and health over quantity and will only do IUI if there are 2 or less follicles. If there are 2+ follicles, he will cancel the cycle and try again next time...I felt treated as a human because my concerns were heard and met with sympathy and hope...is very knowledgeable and felt like he really provided objective options and did not pressure us at all to go one way or another. His accent did make it hard to understand him sometimes and I did not mind his fellows working with him, I felt it added to the moral support and more ideas on my case.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is great, they reiterated the next steps for the visit, gave me billing dept info, went over my after visit summary and always made me feel supported...My insurance covered the consultations and testing so far. Still pending approval for IUI. ..Their scheduling is limited, however, it seems that his fellows and team members can step in if Dr. Duleba isn't there which is okay with me as long as they re on the same page. The clinic is nice and quiet, the receptionist is pleasant and very knowledgeable on insurance.
How was your experience with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Duleba is very knowledgeable and felt like he really provided objective options and did not pressure us at all to go one way or another. His accent did make it hard to understand him sometimes and I did not mind his fellows working with him, I felt it added to the moral support and more ideas on my case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He's great, a lot more willing to problem solve and be proactive in starting treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Antoni Duleba used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
So far, I have only had consultation and testing done. I am set to have IUI when this pandemic slows down and the clinics are open again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great, they reiterated the next steps for the visit, gave me billing dept info, went over my after visit summary and always made me feel supported.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My insurance covered the consultations and testing so far. Still pending approval for IUI. IVF is not covered by my insurance, so we are preparing for that in case IUI is unsuccessful.
Describe Antoni Duleba's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Honestly, it was more of following up with them even though they told me to wait until I am called with next steps. Definitely be on top of your progress and check in if you haven't heard when they were supposed to give you an update.
Treated 2019 - 2020
The IVF process is very daunting and stressful, and working with Dr. Su helped calm a lot of nerves. Dr. Su explains everything thoroughly and takes her time with each patient. We had three embryo transfers, unfortunately none ended in a successful pregnancy. We suffered two miscarriages and one failed cycle, and through it all she was compassionate and understanding.... she always greets her patients by name and shakes your hand.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners] is very busy, they usually are really good about not having a long wait for appointment or blood draw, but it does happen. Everyone I’ve met at the clinic has been very kind. The front desk ladies always greet you with a smile and as you move for way with treatment, the nurses get to know you and always greet you as well.... Dr. Su’s nurse Natalie is absolutely amazing. She responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
The IVF process is very daunting and stressful, and working with Dr. Su helped calm a lot of nerves. Dr. Su explains everything thoroughly and takes her time with each patient. We had three embryo transfers, unfortunately none ended in a successful pregnancy. We suffered two miscarriages and one failed cycle, and through it all she was compassionate and understanding. Moving forward we will do one retrieval and she walked us through the plan to change treatment for the second time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Advice could be applied to seeing any doctor. Ask questions, ask a lot of questions. It’s a lot of information and understanding the process is very helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
We were treated like a humans, she always greets her patients by name and shakes your hand. Dr. Su is compassionate and very knowledgeable. She explained everything thoroughly and made herself available for phone follow ups to answer questions that may come up after our meeting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie M.)
Dr. Su’s nurse Natalie is absolutely amazing. She responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. She is very helpful and always answers my questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy, they usually are really good about not having a long wait for appointment or blood draw, but it does happen. Everyone I’ve met at the clinic has been very kind. The front desk ladies always greet you with a smile and as you move for way with treatment, the nurses get to know you and always greet you as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I don’t know the total cost exactly because insurance covered a portion.
Describe Irene Su's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It is the clinic’s policy to transfer one embryo at a time.
Treated 2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Irene Su] only works on Mondays & Fridays and they do not guarantee that she will be there to do your egg retrieval. That said, she does everything in her power to be the one to do it...she said that my eggs were not synchronous meaning at retrieval some were huge (probably post mature) and some were small (pre mature). She gave us her vision for a second cycle with details on what she would change in order to have a more synchronous cycle with more similarly sized follicles/eggs. We proceeded with a second cycle (long estrace protocol) based on her plan and it was much better than the first! We got 7 eggs, 5 embryos and ended up with 2 day 5 blastocysts.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] was kind and competent. They recognize and seem to genuinely care for patients...Given that we only ended up with one day 5, genetically normal embryo a single embryo transfer was our only option...we enjoyed the overall experience. It seemed like a very well oiled machine and we did not have any issues with their strategies or operations. Their financial team was very helpful as well...
She is the perfect mix of data nerd and compassionate friend. She could deep dive into very scientific data and research if you want and she can sense when you are overwhelmed and speak to you like a normal person who doesn't specialize in fertility. She gets to know you and really invests in your success.
She only works on Mondays & Fridays and they do not guarantee that she will be there to do your egg retrieval. That said, she does everything in her power to be the one to do it.
She was warm, forthcoming and seemed to genuinely care about our situation and helping us grow our family.
Describe the protocols Irene Su used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Our first cycle was a standard IVF cycle but we didn't get any day 5 embryos. We met with her to discuss why it was unsuccessful and she said that my eggs were not synchronous meaning at retrieval some were huge (probably post mature) and some were small (pre mature). She gave us her vision for a second cycle with details on what she would change in order to have a more synchronous cycle with more similarly sized follicles/eggs. We proceeded with a second cycle (long estrace protocol) based on her plan and it was much better than the first! We got 7 eggs, 5 embryos and ended up with 2 day 5 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brooke Stavang)
The nursing staff was kind and competent. They recognize and seem to genuinely care for patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I don't have much to say about the clinic except that we enjoyed the overall experience. It seemed like a very well oiled machine and we did not have any issues with their strategies or operations. Their financial team was very helpful as well.
La Jolla
Everyone [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] is always so patient with us whenever we have had had any questions....They have been kind and caring. Its apparent that they love what they do and that is a testament to how the entire clinic operates.... I do not think this is a weakness - but an opportunity for process improvement. Sitting down with the financial coordinator early on would have been helpful. We already knew what to expect as far as the cost, but needed a little more hand holding.
How was your experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
From the moment we walked into his office, it was apparent that Dr. Garzo had already done his homework on as patients. He had read our medical history, as well as went over the test results from previous clinic we were working with. It was a relief that on the first visit we were able to get solid answer about our IVF plan, what the process entailed and how soon we would start. Every visit with Dr. Garzo has been equally satisfying. He takes his time explaining what is happening and why adjustments needs to be made. I love his optimism and can trust him when he has to share any concerning news because he always provides alternatives.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dont shy from asking embarrassing or "dumb" questions, because there is nothing to hide from Dr. Garzo. He has always been professional and courteous with us. If anything he makes us feel like we have brought up a good point and appreciate us wanting to be knowledgeable patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Since day one, my husband and I have been warmly welcomed by not only Dr. Garzo, but his nurses and staff. Everyone is always so patient with us whenever we have had had any questions. My conversation isnt just limited to the nurse coordinator assigned to us. Any time I call office with questions regarding my treatment or dosage, there is always someone there willing to take my call answer my questions.
Describe the protocols Gabriel Garzo used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
At this point, I am on Stem Day 5 of the IVF cycle, and I have only had to make one adjustment to my treatment. Dr. Garzo and our nurse coordinators were able to articulate the reason for the adjustment, answering all our questions.
Amy Nelson, our nurse coordinator, has been extremely patient with us!!! I have called/emailed her multiple times (a day) and she has been great about getting back to me in a very timely manner with answers to all my questions/concerns. i appreciate her expertise and knowledge about the whole process. Its been great working with her. I would also like to add that every one of the nursing staff has been wonderful to work with. They have been kind and caring. Its apparent that they love what they do and that is a testament to how the entire clinic operates.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I do not think this is a weakness - but an opportunity for process improvement. Sitting down with the financial coordinator early on would have been helpful. We already knew what to expect as far as the cost, but needed a little more hand holding. A part of it could have been that we just didn't know what questions to ask. The clinic's website also has a lot of useful resources which I happened to come across on my own.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
So far we have only paid for 1 round of IVF. Even though Dr. Garzo recommended two rounds of IVF, my husband and I made the decision to only go for 1 round at this time.
Describe Gabriel Garzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
No comment.
La Jolla
He talked to me and my partner like he was a part of our journey. He explained things in a way we can understand and answered all our questions. He gave us his personal cell number so we can always get in touch. He is also very funny! ... I don't remember the exact dosages but I know Dr. Quaas kept them low because I am so young he didn't wan't to hyper-stimulate me.
The office is small but by the time you are done you almost know everyone there which makes it feel like a second home. The parking does cost if you are there longer than 30 minutes but that is a minor inconvenience. The good they do out weighs that. ... Everyone at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center are amazing. They are so kind, caring and compassionate. Rachelle has been there every step of the way and is always there when I need her. She is great at communicating each stage of the process.
Dr. Quaas really cares about you. He talks you through every step in a clear way that you can understand. He made sure we understood every part of the process. He is your partner in the journey. He has a good sense of humor which is calming in a process like this.
Have time for each appointment he is chatty but in a good way!
I can't remember the protocol name. Nut the first step was determining my peak fertility, then I was on Estrace for one month. Then injections started. My injections were menopur and follistium. I then took two lupor trigger injections before the egg retrieval. I don't remember the exact dosages but I know Dr. Quaas kept them low because I am so young he didn't wan't to hyper-stimulate me. He paid close attention during my stimulation to make sure that didn't happen. I have only got to the egg retrieval and am waiting to do a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachelle)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Egg retrival - 12,500 Transfer (not yet done) - 3,000 Meds (so far) - 5,000 Our copay for ultrasound visits - 80
Dr. Quaas' approach is eSET. He says it's about quality not quantity.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Duleba] has a great bedside manner, we went through several setbacks and he made sure I fully understood the next step to ensure success. Those steps included multiple polyp removals, antibiotics, and time to recover so it took more time than I was initially ready for. He really wanted to ensure our success so he explained everything to us and allowed us to make the decisions with all of the information.
They [Repro Partners] have an amazing staff and are highly organized. Just don’t be surprised if the waiting room is often full, they work with a lot of patients. I honestly didn’t feel as though I was just a number- my nurse ensured I was always taken care of in every way. ... Alicia [nurse] was amazing and followed up regularly, communicated often and was great about answering questions.
He has a great bedside manner, we went through several setbacks and he made sure I fully understood the next step to ensure success. Those steps included multiple polyp removals, antibiotics, and time to recover so it took more time than I was initially ready for. He really wanted to ensure our success so he explained everything to us and allowed us to make the decisions with all of the information.
Trust him. He really is extremely knowledgeable and has seen everything. He also is the Head of Reproductive Endocrinology at UCSD - so that says a ton.
He took the time to walk my husband and myself through every step of the egg retrieval process. I had several polyps which resulted in several surgeries because they didn’t want to implant anything in a hostile environment. Luckily, once those were gone after a few surgeries I was able to implant a single embryo and it took. I’m now due in 7 weeks - after trying to conceive for 8 years! We started this process in another state and worked with another doctor and when we moved here I was blessed to come across Reproductive Partners and was able to get into see Dr. Duleba. He was absolutely amazing and really walked me through ever single step of this very long process- but wanted to ensure success.
Initially the strategy was to retrieve the eggs and then freeze the newly created embryo for best results. We ended up having to go through 3 surgeries to remove polyps prior to implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alicia )
Alicia was amazing and followed up regularly, communicated often and was great about answering questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It is a great clinic - just very busy. They have an amazing staff and are highly organized. Just don’t be surprised if the waiting room is often full, they work with a lot of patients. I honestly didn’t feel as though I was just a number- my nurse ensured I was always taken care of in every way.
Unfortunately my health insurance didn’t cover much so most costs besides testing for infertility were out of pocket. I believe the retrieval was around $10,000 including all of the drugs and the FET was around $3,000 including all of the drugs. Monthly storage costs start around $75 a month and increase after a year, while a sperm sample is around $75 per quarter.
I initially wanted to try for 2 embryos but Dr. Duleba really showed me statistics on success rates and healthy birth rates and so we only implanted one - and it took!
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Of all the things I only had one day where my results and medication numbers weren’t updated and I had to call. Of all the times I went through this (due to the retrieval and then FET) only once.
Treated 2013 - 2019
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Garzo. I went in to freeze eggs at age 35. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and cysts that would arise, this took two cycles over the course of about 1.5 years. Dr. Garzo and his team were so patient with all of my questions and concerns.... Dr. Garzo was great at adjusting my treatment and getting the best results we could. He presented as extremely knowledgeable and confident in his treatment plan.
All of the staff [Reproductive Fertility Center] are friendly, professional, and seem to genuinely care about you. A huge strength of the clinic is that your doctor sees you for ALL ultrasounds, which is not the norm in other clinics.... My two rounds of egg freezing were about $20,000, with another $20,000 total in medications. My current IVF cycle will be approximately $10,000.... I had 3-4 primary nurses over the years. They all are prompt in calling me back, are patient in explaining things to me, and are knowledgeable.
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Garzo. I went in to freeze eggs at age 35. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and cysts that would arise, this took two cycles over the course of about 1.5 years. Dr. Garzo and his team were so patient with all of my questions and concerns. This is an emotional process and he and his nurses would comfort me when I had setbacks. Dr. Garzo was great at adjusting my treatment and getting the best results we could. He presented as extremely knowledgeable and confident in his treatment plan. He has decades of knowledge and expertise that allows him to adjust his treatment plans accordingly and get great results. Five years later, we are now in the process of unfreezing my eggs and doing IVF with Dr. Garzo. I have full trust in him and his team and wish I could see Dr. Garzo for all of my healthcare issues!
Present your desires and concerns and then trust he and his staff completely. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Garzo was always very patient and kind with me, listening to my concerns and warmly supporting me through disappointments I would have.
I don't remember the egg retrieval procedures. Currently we are doing a fresh IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Various over the years--currently Amy Nelson)
I had 3-4 primary nurses over the years. They all are prompt in calling me back, are patient in explaining things to me, and are knowledgeable. They are always warm and supportive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All of the staff are friendly, professional, and seem to genuinely care about you. A huge strength of the clinic is that your doctor sees you for ALL ultrasounds, which is not the norm in other clinics.
I know he prefers a since embryo transfer.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Agarwal] went above and beyond to make me feel important and really showed how much he cared about his patients...I instantly felt comfortable with him and trusted that he would be able to help me have a baby. He was understanding when I was emotional and always wanted my opinion on the plan of care. He was also honest and told me that after 4 Iuis the chance of conceiving was very low and we should move on to IVF.
For my retrieval [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] we got 33 eggs and after everything 13 made it to freeze...Natalie [nurse] was amazing. She always kept me informed and never failed to answer a question or return a phone call. She was kind and compassionate and highly intelligent. From the beginning I knew I was in good hands...The retrieval cycle was around 16,000.00 without meds and the transfer was around 3,000.00 without meds. Appointments with ultrasounds and bloodwork ran about 3-400.00 each once a cycle was done. Overall we spent around 40,000.00 with meds and everything
How was your experience with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He was kind and compassionate. He also brought humor to the very anxious appointments. He went above and beyond to make me feel important and really showed how much he cared about his patients. I had switched to him from a different facility where I had felt like a number. From the first meeting I instantly felt comfortable with him and trusted that he would be able to help me have a baby. He was understanding when I was emotional and always wanted my opinion on the plan of care. He was also honest and told me that after 4 Iuis the chance of conceiving was very low and we should move on to IVF. I was lucky enough to have him as my IVF doctor as well. He always made me laugh and told me he would get me pregnant he felt very strongly it would work. He insisted on doing another hysteroscopy before transfer. He wanted to make my uterus perfect, and it did because I’m now holding my 3 month old. He called me several times throughout treatment to check on me and after my son was born he came to the hospital and visited us. He is such a warm and caring doctor and is the top fertility doctor at UCSD and I would recommend him to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Listen to him and trust him, he knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He has an amazing bedside manner very warm but also very transparent. He was unable to do my retrieval due to a work trip but called me the night before and after to check on me and follow up with how I was feeling. He also called me after my transfer and visited me in the hospital when I had my baby after my successful IVF cycle with him.
Describe the protocols Sanjay Agarwal used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
When I transferred to him we were starting my third iui cycle. He decided to try clomid because my previous cycles were with letrozole and hadnt really had a good result from that medication. I did a cycle with clomid and it was negative. We then decided together to do injectables for my 4th iui and I used gonal f and that was also negative. For my egg retrieval process I used gonal f and menopur for stims. My estradiol and follicles really responded so I was started on ganirelix to prevent ovulation and dostinex to prevent OHSS. My estradiol was very high and my follicle count was around 40-50 so he decided to Coast and I did not do any injections the last day of stims. For my retrieval we got 33 eggs and after everything 13 made it to freeze. He automatically does icsi and only does frozen transfers. He also will only transfer one embryo if you are under a certain age. He feels he wants one healthy baby instead of twins who have growth issues or have health problems. He insisted on doing a 3rd hysteroscopy before the transfer so I was started on birth control which i also took before retrieval. When it came time to do the transfer I was started on estrogen patches and endometrin vagina suppositories. A week before the transfer I started pio shots. I continued the shots and suppositories until about 91/2 weeks when I graduated to my OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
Natalie was amazing. She always kept me informed and never failed to answer a question or return a phone call. She was kind and compassionate and highly intelligent. From the beginning I knew I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This clinic treats you like a person not a number. Everyone who is working greets you with a smile on their face. Janet who is at the front desk was a bright light and always compliment me on my outfit which means a lot when you are going through the emotional and stressful IVF circle. Jena was my favorite medical assistant. I was a hard poke and she would get it almost every time. She would always check in with me even if she wasn’t taking care of me that day. When my numbers weren’t looking good she was a shoulder to cry on and when my numbers came up she celebrated with me. She was in the room and helped transfer my baby boy and took pictures for me, even getting a group selfie with all of us and Dr. Agarwal. She was amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I had no insurance coverage for IVF. The retrieval cycle was around 16,000.00 without meds and the transfer was around 3,000.00 without meds. Appointments with ultrasounds and bloodwork ran about 3-400.00 each once a cycle was done. Overall we spent around 40,000.00 with meds and everything
Describe Sanjay Agarwal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My Dr would not transfer more than one embryo because I was only 33. He felt very strongly about it. He had seen multiple embryo transfers go well but then the babies having health issues or being premature or sadly one of them dying. He wanted to give me one healthy baby and I agreed with him.
Treated 2016 - 2018
I really like Dr. Cook-Anderson's kind demeanor and straight-shooting. She always tells me like it is and keeps me hopeful when possible, but doesn't say things just because I want to hear them. She is honest and compassionate and conveys a genuine interest and care for my treatment.... After both failed transfers, we talked at our consultation and she went over every single detail to see if there was something different we could do or try.
The clinic staff [Repro Partners Fertility Ctr] at the front desk is really great. For the most part, the same "key" staff has been there since I've been a patient (low turn-over), though a few positions rotate which seems normal. I'm always greeted with a friendly smile and checked-in in a timely manner. Whenever I call, my questions are answered right away or I'm transferred to the right person. They have one person assigned to me for financial consultation, which is nice so I'm not bounced around through multiple people.
How was your experience with Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Be honest and don't be afraid to keep talking. Dr. Cook-Anderson is soft-spoken and a really good listener. She takes time before she speaks, so each thing she says is meaningful and has purpose and a point.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Each time I see Dr. Cook, she is so kind and calming. After both failed transfers, we talked at our consultation and she went over every single detail to see if there was something different we could do or try. She seems to genuinely care and remembers my history, which helps me feel more human!
Describe the protocols Heidi Cook-Anderson used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Prior to seeing Dr. Cook-Anderson, I had already had six IUIs. For treatment, I had already had two hysteroscopies and several tests (MRI, sonohysterogram, hysterosalpingogram). but had not been diagnosed with anything - simply unexplained infertility. I had an endometrioma which my RE and Dr. Cook-Anderson agree is not causing issue. I also have a large fibroid that is also not of concern. For the first cycle, we did Clomid, Follistim and Menopur for the egg retrieval. I did not have enough mature follicles (5) and none made it to freeze. After this cycle, she increased the stimulation medications and I stimmed for more days than before. We added Omnitrope. This resulted in more follicles (26), but not all were mature and we sent 10 out for testing and 4 embryos made it to freeze. I took one month off prior to the transfer, and did get a positive Beta result, but the second Beta number decreased and it was a failed cycle. Following the transfer, at a consultation Dr. Cook-Anderson went over every piece of my chart history to see if there was something missed. She attempted to treat my endometriosis (small, but not diagnosed as endometriosis officially) and I did a three month course of Lupron and then I took one month off. The next transfer also was unsuccessful (didn't even make it past the Beta test). I'm on my third cycle now, prepping for an egg retrieval in 36 hours. For this course, I've taken increased doses of Follistim (150) Menopur (150) for 9 days, then coasted one day on 50 Follistim and then back up to 75 Follistim and 75 Menopur. Things are looking good for retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brook Stavang)
Brooke is so great and I really appreciate her. She's kept me organized and helps me manage all of the information and instructions for each cycle. I never feel like I'm bothering her and she spends as much time as I need until I'm confident with next steps. Whenever I talk with her she is aware of all of my history and it's comforting that she knows everything. I never have to remind her of anything, she always is on top of it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic staff at the front desk is really great. For the most part, the same "key" staff has been there since I've been a patient (low turn-over), though a few positions rotate which seems normal. I'm always greeted with a friendly smile and checked-in in a timely manner. Whenever I call, my questions are answered right away or I'm transferred to the right person. They have one person assigned to me for financial consultation, which is nice so I'm not bounced around through multiple people. They've always been very accommodating with questions and inquiries. Sometimes the waiting room gets busy, but I think that would happen in any office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heidi Cook-Anderson at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The first cycle was $15,280 for the egg retrieval. For the second and third cycles, I used the Attain plan and paid $20,800 for two retrievals and up to four transfers. From May 2016 through December 2017 (which includes part of this current cycle I'm on), I paid Reproductive Partners $48,927. In addition to this cost, were medications for three retrievals (approx. $4,00 to 8,000 each) and two transfers (approx. $1,100 each).
Describe Heidi Cook-Anderson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I have only transferred one embryo during each of the two procedures and feel, for the most part, okay with the choice given to me. With two failed transfers, I will ask about transferring two this next time around. In previous conversations, Dr. Cook-Anderson has expressed that pregnancies with multiples are considered high-risk, and I trust her opinion.
Heidi Cook-Anderson
La Jolla

Dr Agarwal is very knowledgable and friendly. I feel confident in him as my doctor. I especially like that he specializes in endometriosis as this is a concern of mine. Sometimes I had to remind him of prior conversations but his medical work is on point....Dr Agarwal is a thorough surgeon. He takes extra time and care to get everything he can. He is very knowledgable and will give you a full assessment of odds.... Round one I started off light with menopur, follistim, and clomid
Reproductive Partners is on the higher end of costs, but the care is good, and they have packages and financing available.... This clinic is friendly, well organized, clean, has a great lab, and more than proficient doctors. A major weakness would be that you don't always get to see your primary doctor or have them do the surgery but the quality of care is mostly the same between them.... Robin has been a fantastic nurse. She is quick to respond and very kind.
He is very kind and very knowledgable and answers all questions. Sometimes he is a bit rushed and forgets our prior discussions.
Round one I started off light with menopur, follistim, and clomid to see my reaction to new drugs. My doses were upped quite a bit to of menopur and follistim because my E2s weren't rising. The results were great for my age 7 blastocysts 2 PGS normal. Round 2 dosage was similar but didn't produce any normals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Robin HandShue)
Robin has been a fantastic nurse. She is quick to respond and very kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My doctor strongly prefers 1 embryo transfer. It is safer for the mother and the fetus.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I was on a plan to egg freeze ( aware of the risks) but was strongly re-recommended to cancel 2 days and defer to make embryos after starting stim by the clinic due to low odds with my age, not due to response to drugs. Their advice was good but this was very stressful and would have been better communicated before the entire cycle. I ended up retrieving and making embryos and have 2 PGS normals.
La Jolla
When meeting with Dr. Garzo he takes his time and is very Present with his interactions. He answered all of our questions directly and did not beat around the bush. He was clear with his treatment plans and explained why.... He put my husband and I on a whole new diet and supplement regimen. And because of this my AMH levels went from 0.4 to 0.89 in only 2 months!! He also had my husband tested for sperm DNA fragmentation, which our 1st doctor did not do. And we found out that my husbands sperm is fragmented by 28%
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is great, sometimes there is no one at the front desk to greet you when you arrive, but then they eventually come and check you in after you sign in. The lab work girls are the best, and they let you request the one you like. I'm a super hard stick for blood draws, so it was always important for me to have Jenna or Fiona draw my blood---and Jenna could always draw from my hand when my arms were tapped out.
We are going to Dr. Garzo as our new IVF doctor after our 1st round of IVF did not work. He is amazing! He put my husband and I on a whole new diet and supplement regimen. And because of this my AMH levels went from 0.4 to 0.89 in only 2 months!! He also had my husband tested for sperm DNA fragmentation, which our 1st doctor did not do. And we found out that my husbands sperm is fragmented by 28%, anything above 15% is not normal. Dr. Garzo then referred us to a male fertility specialist, who will be performing a TESE procedure on the day of my egg retrieval do reduce the sperm DNA fragmentation! We are so blessed we changed doctors to Dr. Garzo and have high hopes for our 2nd round of IVF.
Get on SUPPLEMENTS and DIET! Always review with your RE which supplements to take and make sure you check your labs. I am on Ubiquinol, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Pyconogeol, prenatal, Fish Oil with DHA, and DHEA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
Tiffany is the BEST! She is the most compassionate nurse I've ever met, she is Perfect for this job and has truly found her calling. Before I even met her and I was inquiring about IVF the 1st time, she called and talked to me for 20 minutes because she could tell from my Email I was nervous, and she wanted to reach out to me and and un-load my questions. She is always kind and gentle. I am thankful for her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is great, sometimes there is no one at the front desk to greet you when you arrive, but then they eventually come and check you in after you sign in. The lab work girls are the best, and they let you request the one you like. I'm a super hard stick for blood draws, so it was always important for me to have Jenna or Fiona draw my blood---and Jenna could always draw from my hand when my arms were tapped out.
Out of pocket IVF with genetic testing is estimated at $30,000-$35,000 that includes medication.
My doctor's office has a strong preference for eSET.
Treated 2015 - 2018
He [Dr. Duleba] explained everything and due to my unique situation was very good at remembering me and monitoring me during IVF... He provided the right amount of optimism and the balance of the statistics for me. I also always felt he was doing the best to get me the best results. I had a migrated ovary and he did everything to be able to access and use that ovary without endangering me.... Due to a hysterectomy and a migrated ovary he monitored me every day. He adjusted my menopur to a heigher dose.
There sometime is a little delay in the staff [Repro Partners Fertility Ctr] communicating with each other to order meds or blood work etc. For example the meds they ordered for my surrogate was different than what they had said she would start. I also had to bring it to their attention that they had asked her to stop birth control and she would not resume. The nurse who was putting in the orders did not know this.... My Coordinator had back up for days she wasn’t there. However since I was on a daily schedule for blood work
He will be very honest with you so be prepared for the facts.
He explained everything and due to my unique situation was very good at remembering me and monitoring me during IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
My Coordinator had back up for days she wasn’t there. However since I was on a daily schedule for blood work and almost daily ultrasounds which is not standard, sometimes the nursing staff wasn’t sure what I was there for, or to schedule an ultrasound for the next day.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
There sometime is a little delay in the staff communicating with each other to order meds or blood work etc. For example the meds they ordered for my surrogate was different than what they had said she would start. I also had to bring it to their attention that they had asked her to stop birth control and she would not resume. The nurse who was putting in the orders did not know this.
All in for 1 round of IVF with medicationit wa about $27000
N/A, I only have one embryo to transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
They had not sent in my surrogates Uribe drug screen although she had provided the urine sample. She checked and they said they had it but later asked her to return to provide another sample since they did not have the results.
Treated 2017
I felt from the beginning that Dr. Garzo knew his stuff and, if IVF was an option, wanted to cover his bases to make sure of success. At one point he suggested an endometrial biopsy based on the thickness of my lining. I went home and did some of my own research. Since we are very concerned about the cost of things, I asked if a biopsy was absolutely necessary and they told me they would look again during my sono to see if it looked like it was necessary. Once they went in he was satisfied with what he saw and didn't do it. I advocate for myself often with my doctors and this is an example, to me, of Dr. Garzo listening to what his patients want and being accommodating.
This is a busy clinic, but I still felt like a person and had everything taken care of, and had my questions answered in a very prompt manner.... I never had an issue with the nursing staff. They were attentive, caring and answered my questions.... I felt like a human because he took the time to answer ALL of my questions, of which I had many, and I never felt rushed or hurried. I was able to contact his assistant as well with questions and she always got back to me within a few hours at the most.
I would say take notes, or record your conversations because it is a lot of information and you want to make sure you know what your options are. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I like Dr. Garzo. He is warm enough for me with regard to a doctor and responsive. Those are two things that are important to me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is a busy clinic, but I still felt like a person and had everything taken care of, and had my questions answered in a very prompt manner. I don't have many things to say for weaknesses to be honest.
We paid cash for everything b/c our insurance didn't cover anything.
He uses eSET based on statistics that he has found and I personally appreciate this

Treated 2017
Dr. Duleba always took time to explain everything, even if he was busy with lots of patients. He also gave me his cell phone number in case I needed any assistance with questions, and immediately responded whenever I sent him a text. I felt like he really cared about the outcome of the treatment, and always recommended the least invasive methods.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] has multiple doctors and can help you even if the assigned doctor is away. All doctors that I saw showed compassion and were extremely knowledgeable, as well as had consistency with the guidance. It is also affiliated with UCSD which means everything is research-based. We especially enjoyed the lifestyle guidance that we still carry with us. The clinic is located inside a large medical building near UCSD, and the parking structure gets very busy, so frequent visits added a bit of stress. Be sure to get your parking tickets validated since the first 30 minutes is complimentary. The clinic also accepts donations of leftover fertility drugs so I ended up donating unused drugs, but they still charge for those drugs to new patients which kind of sucks.
We are so glad we chose Reproductive Partners La Jolla. Everything was research-based, and every time we had a question Dr. Duleba patiently answered them with science-backed, research-based explanations. We did see other doctors when Dr. Duleba was on travel, but made every effort to see us whenever he could, which was most of the time. He was always warm and funny, and made our journey much less stressful.
Document your questions and ask them when he is with you during your appointment to make the most out of your appointment. I believe you should also do your own research in terms of ICSI, etc. to have a good understanding and ask the right questions.
Dr. Duleba firmly believes in single embryo transfer for our IVF cycle and he believed I had a very high chance of getting pregnant the first time, even though he had suggested that we continue trying IUI, since it is less invasive. We decided that it was time for us for IVF after trying three failed IUIs, but appreciated his input since we've heard that other clinics definitely push for IVF right away. We did frozen transfer since fresh transfers are less successful based on research, per Dr. Duleba, which turned out to be correct. We now have a healthy baby boy and cannot thank Dr. Duleba enough for his warm and friendly support during the stressful period of our fertility journey. We have frozen our remaining embryos for a second child.
I had a nurse assigned to me at all times, but the assignment kept changing due to the nurse leaving the clinic, etc. I would've liked to have the same nurse, but I understand life happens. Overall I had a good experience with the nursing staff and appreciated that they only tell me what I need to hear at the current step, since there are so many things that you have to do in IVF journey. I was not overwhelmed but kept up to date at every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic has multiple doctors and can help you even if the assigned doctor is away. All doctors that I saw showed compassion and were extremely knowledgeable, as well as had consistency with the guidance. It is also affiliated with UCSD which means everything is research-based. We especially enjoyed the lifestyle guidance that we still carry with us. The clinic is located inside a large medical building near UCSD, and the parking structure gets very busy, so frequent visits added a bit of stress. Be sure to get your parking tickets validated since the first 30 minutes is complimentary. The clinic also accepts donations of leftover fertility drugs so I ended up donating unused drugs, but they still charge for those drugs to new patients which kind of sucks.
Thankfully, my insurance covered most of the costs.
I am glad that Dr. Duleba transferred a single embryo based on my health and age. Multiple embryo transfers can result in twins or triplets, which increases complications.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I did have to ask my nurse coordinator to fax the prescription to my pharmacy once, but this nurse coordinator no longer works at the clinic. I believe it was an isolated incident.
Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr Duleba] was also candid but warm and rather than pushing us to use donor eggs for our next cycle, recommended we try one more time but also stated he wouldn't recommend I do another cycle with my own eggs if the results were still negative. He also provided his personal opinion, which other doctors wouldn't do (they just kept stating statistics) and sometimes an honest answer is what you are looking for, without numbers.
[The nurse at Reproductive Partners] is nice and responsive and takes her job seriously. So seriously that she once drove to my house to provide me with medication and showed me how to use the injection! Now that is service! As for the finance coordinator, she told me about a program through my insurance company that lowered the cost of fertility treatments (my insurance doesn't cover so everything is out of pocket), which was very helpful.
I've researched and had consultations with 4 other doctors before in the San Diego area and he was the most knowledgeable. He talked about taking vitamins, refraining from drinking, smoking and caffeine, things that the other doctors didn't really get into. He made sure that we had enough time to ask our questions and he has a nice, warm personality. He's also very direct, which I appreciate.
Ask as many questions as you want!
Dr. Duleba takes the time to go over everything and answer any question, no matter how simple or complicated. He actually encouraged us to talk to OvaScience about Augment to see if we have other options. He was also candid but warm and rather than pushing us to use donor eggs for our next cycle, recommended we try one more time but also stated he wouldn't recommend I do another cycle with my own eggs if the results were still negative. He also provided his personal opinion, which other doctors wouldn't do (they just kept stating statistics) and sometimes an honest answer is what you are looking for, without numbers.
I was on the low-stim protocol: - Take 81mg aspirin throughout the cycle (supposed to improve blood flow to the ovaries) - Start Androderm Gel once a positive LH surge has been detected (you will prob get your period during this time) - 6 days after starting the gel, take Estrace (around 6 days) - Once the doctor tells you to stop using the gel, he puts you on the Androderm patch for 5 days - Stop taking Estrace and the Androderm patch once the 5 days have past - Start 225 IUs of Menopur, 2 tablets of Clomid, Dexamethasone for 6-8 days - Then start taking Ganirelix 4-5 days - Then growth hormone, Indomethacin and then final a Lupron trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kerstin Spencer)
Reproductive Partners focuses on the idea that you have 1 nurse throughout your entire treatment cycle. Sounds nice on paper and in theory but if I had to get medical records, I still had to talk to someone else, finance (still another person), so when I think of 1 nurse, I hope for someone who can I can just communicate and get answers and information. Plus it seemed that every time I called, she was out of the office so I ended up talking to other nurses anyway. That being said, that is no way a negative reflection on Kerstin. She is nice and responsive and takes her job seriously. So seriously that she once drove to my house to provide me with medication and showed me how to use the injection! Now that is service! As for the finance coordinator, she told me about a program through my insurance company that lowered the cost of fertility treatments (my insurance doesn't cover so everything is out of pocket), which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It's next to the hospital so you have to pay for parking. You get a $1 off validation at the clinic but it'll still cost you $3 for up to 2 hours. That's the only gripe I have. Office is pleasant and the staff is pleasant. Only doctors are allowed to do the ultrasounds. I also like that you don't have to pay to get your own medical records. Everyone is usually very responsive- if you leave a message, you'll usually get a call back same day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I requested early morning appointments so I can go straight to work without too much disruption and they were usually very accommodating.
$12,000 (not including the cost of medication)

Treated 2014
All of the information presented to us was delivered in a caring but detailed manner. We never felt confused with the procedure...Dr. Deluba himself gave us the impression he personally cared about our situation and the outcome...Dr. Deluba made us feel that we were in good hands immediately. We had experience with another fertility center we were not happy with, and as soon as we met with Dr. Deluba we knew we found the right place. When they transferred the embryo of our daughter, they asked my husband if he wanted to look under the microscope.
I have a condition when I give blood I pass out and have a seizure. A nightmare for my nurses at the clinic. This happened my first appointment. After that, all the nurse [at Repro Partners] took very special care with me....The atmosphere they create is calming, which was helpful because IVF can be scary. They were very organized and always there when I needed them...they did help us go through which medications we could have our insurance cover - very helpful
Dr. Deluba made us feel that we were in good hands immediately. We had experience with another fertility center we were not happy with, and as soon as we met with Dr. Deluba we knew we found the right place. When they transferred the embryo of our daughter, they asked my husband if he wanted to look under the microscope. It was an incredible experience for my husband to do that - and it stills blows his mind. Dr. Deliuba and his staff are aware of details like that, which can make the experience special instead of terrifying.
Relax - it is going to be ok. They understand you are probably in a scary spot right now. They will be there for you.
All of the information presented to us was delivered in a caring but detailed manner. We never felt confused with the procedure. We also felt like we got to know and care for the nurses. Dr. Deluba himself gave us the impression he personally cared about our situation and the outcome.
I don't remember details for the medications. They tried to be as conservative as possible with our medications, as in not overmedicating. Our procedure went very smooth so we didn't have to adjust much.
I have a condition when I give blood I pass out and have a seizure. A nightmare for my nurses at the clinic. This happened my first appointment. After that, all the nurse took very special care with me and I managed to go through the rest of my time with them (with a lot of blood draws) without passing out. This was 100% because they were amazing!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The atmosphere they create is calming, which was helpful because IVF can be scary. They were very organized and always there when I needed them. My husband and I felt so good. We look back at that experience as special.
I don't remember but they did help us go through which medications we could have our insurance cover - very helpful
We had a strong case for the transfer to be successful. Dr. Deluba explained that unless I really wanted twins, I would be smart to choose one embryo. I agreed and we have a beautiful daughter. If I wanted more, I felt he would have explained the possibilities without judgment.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Garzo] is very thorough and checks every detail before coming up with what needs to be done...he does all the tests that are important which helps him diagnose your condition...My husband has 2% morphology and 27% motility. He was told to do SCSA test. We found out through that test he dna is 20% fragmented so it’s borderline. Doctor told him to take supplements. The list is on their website. For me I had to do mri which showed I have adenomyosis. He also did hysteroscopy but everything looks good there. Based on this he recommended ivf.
I am still in the middle of my treatment plan. [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. However I have found the cost to be cheaper compared to others and I like everything so far. No complaints. I like they explain what to expect cost wise and the bill has come lower than what they told me so I am happy so far. They get back to you within few hours so very good with communication...MRI costed around 600 after insurance Hysteroscopy costed 300 after insurance...My husband has 2% morphology and 27% motility. He was told to do SCSA test. We found out through that test he dna is 20% fragmented so it’s borderline. Doctor told him to take supplements. The list is on their website. For me I had to do mri which showed I have adenomyosis. He also did hysteroscopy but everything looks good there. Based on this he recommended ivf.
I just felt like I can trust him. I have no doubts about having him as my doctor. He is very thorough and checks every detail before coming up with what needs to be done. I am still doing my treatments with him so I am still in between but he does all the tests that are important which helps him diagnose your condition. He lets me know what will and will not work so he has been right about that so far.
Go see him, you won’t regret it.
He is a very good doctor and gives his attention completely. I have no complaints so far.
I am still in the middle of my treatment. My husband has 2% morphology and 27% motility. He was told to do SCSA test. We found out through that test he dna is 20% fragmented so it’s borderline. Doctor told him to take supplements. The list is on their website. For me I had to do mri which showed I have adenomyosis. He also did hysteroscopy but everything looks good there. Based on this he recommended ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
Every one is really good.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I am still in the middle of my treatment plan. However I have found the cost to be cheaper compared to others and I like everything so far. No complaints. I like they explain what to expect cost wise and the bill has come lower than what they told me so I am happy so far. They get back to you within few hours so very good with communication.
MRI costed around 600 after insurance Hysteroscopy costed 300 after insurance
Treated 2015 - 2019
Dr. Garzo and his staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan. ... Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers. ... Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. ... We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. He's been compassionate and kind during any setbacks and has changed protocols when we've been less successful. We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
You've picked a great RE, trust him and be patient.
Dr. Garzo and his staff were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene)
Our primary nurse coordinator, Charlene, has been responsive and organized throughout our treatments. She honestly is the best healthcare professional that we've ever had!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
Our most recent IVF retrieval cost around $15k for the entire retrieval process (including monitoring appointments, PGS biopsy, etc) plus an additional $5k for medications and $2k for PGS testing. Our frozen embryo transfers cost around $3k each.
Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Quaas] really took the time to get to know us and our situation. Seemed like he really cared about us. Was always nice and personable. Never felt rushed....Easy to talk to. Never felt judged. Always gave us as much information as possible so we could make the best decision. Went above and beyond with respect to follow up and checking in to make sure everything was going great after the procedure.
All staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] are well organized, personable, and quality of treatment is top notch. We have had a issues getting a few things resolved with the finance department (emails that have not been returned regarding an issue with a claim form/billing). Always take early appointments if possible because parking can be a nightmare later in the day.
Be yourself and don't be afraid to convey any fears/questions/concerns. He will happily address all of them and guide you towards a treatment plan that works best for you.
He really took the time to get to know us and our situation. Seemed like he really cared about us. Was always nice and personable. Never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy N.)
Amy always kept us in the loop and responded quickly to emails and phone calls. We always felt that she had our best interest at heart at all times. The few times we interacted with other nursing staff, they went above and beyond as Amy did.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All staff are well organized, personable, and quality of treatment is top notch. We have had a issues getting a few things resolved with the finance department (emails that have not been returned regarding an issue with a claim form/billing). Always take early appointments if possible because parking can be a nightmare later in the day.
Our total costs for 2 egg retrievals including genetic testing and medications was roughly $45,000 before insurance reimbursement. The clinic was out of network and the treatments occurred during 2 different calendar years which increased our net cost slightly.
We are happy our doctor uses eSET because we specifically sought out an expert in this.
La Jolla
Dr. Su talked to me about my needs and hopes and was able to recall and address my exact needs. She also was very clear about what to expect in the process. ... Dr. Su is very knowledgeable, she clearly explained to me my options and supported my decisions. throughout the process I felt comfortable expressing my concerns. I am very happy with how she treats me as a patient and a person.
The clinic [Repro Partners Fertility Center] is spacious and comfortable. The entire staff is welcoming and nice. All the doctors have great bed-side manner. ... My care coordinator and the entire staff are amazing - kind, patient, professional. I was very happy with everyone and felt comfortable. ... The wait time in the office is mostly very short. the were as accommodating for my schedule as possible and I was able to have my treatment while working full time.
To be patient with the process - Dr. Su has the experience and knowledge to help you.
the protocol included Follistim and Menapor injections, later on Ganirelix was added, and Pregnyl and Lupron to induce ovulation. I responded well to treatment. 9 eggs were retrieved, and I have 6 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Morrison)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is spacious and comfortable. The entire staff is welcoming and nice. All the doctors have great bed-side manner. The nursing staff is wonderful. The wait time in the office is mostly very short. the were as accommodating for my schedule as possible and I was able to have my treatment while working full time.
IVF cost, not covered by insurance was $12,500 (including and embryo transfer). This doesn't include monitoring (which was covered by my insurance) and medication.
My doctor and clinic have a preference for single embryo transfer.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Quaas was extremely kind, had a great sense of humor and I felt super comfortable in his care....He was super compassionate, fun to talk to and always listened to all of my questions. His schedule was very flexible and the office was great.... We had severe MFI & my age left me with lower quality eggs. He pulled out almost all of the stops without going overboard to get me wonderful results.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners] got busy every once in a while, but nothing crazy. Most visits were right on time! The schedule was very flexible & I never had trouble getting in at a good time. Everyone was very helpful & always greeting you with a smile....I knew right away after meeting Dr. Quaas and his nurse Amy that I was in wonderful hands and I would bring home a baby one day thanks to them.
After our failed cycle at another clinic where I felt like just another number, I was very nervous to start all over again. I knew right away after meeting Dr. Quaas and his nurse Amy that I was in wonderful hands and I would bring home a baby one day thanks to them. He was super compassionate, fun to talk to and always listened to all of my questions. His schedule was very flexible and the office was great. I would recommend him to anyone needing his services without hesitation. As much as I am glad to be done with my IVF treatment thanks to his great care & treatment plan, I will miss him and his staff!
He is the best you will get without a doubt!
The nursing staff was AMAZING & Amy was beyond fantastic. I couldn't have asked for better.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic got busy every once in a while, but nothing crazy. Most visits were right on time! The schedule was very flexible & I never had trouble getting in at a good time. Everyone was very helpful & always greeting you with a smile.
Roughly 13k for retrieval process, about 10k+ for retrieval and transfer meds, 5k for various PGS testing and other costs
We only had one good embryo to use and he made it a success!
Treated 2017 - 2018
DR. Su has always made me feel like its always possible. She never made me feel like its not possible because of my age or whatever reasons we are seeing her. She is always encouraging and always available for any questions... Dr Su makes you feel special. She cares about every step and cheers you on... Dr. Su decided that on my second egg retrieval if I had more than two embryos then we would freeze 2 or under
the strengths are that it [Repro Partners Fertility Ctr] is a lovely waiting room. this is important when you are waiting for this sort of situation. you need a warm nice environment. there is a fish tank. the music is nice and all the front desk staff are warm, friendly and always eager to help. even if you want a glass of water they always go above and beyond... she [nurse] is patient with me with my questions. there is a lot of unknown in this process and Charlene always made me feel like no question is a dumb question
be patient and believe
Dr Su makes you feel special. She cares about every step and cheers you on
Dr. Su decided that on my second egg retrieval if I had more than two embryos then we would freeze 2 or under. I currently have two frozen now (they were frozen on day three) and we are doing the transfer in about three weeks
she is patient with me with my questions. there is a lot of unknown in this process and Charlene always made me feel like no question is a dumb question
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
the strengths are that it is a lovely waiting room. this is important when you are waiting for this sort of situation. you need a warm nice environment. there is a fish tank. the music is nice and all the front desk staff are warm, friendly and always eager to help. even if you want a glass of water they always go above and beyond
12,500 per cycle. plus around 6k for medication per cycle
Dr. Su recommended that we transfer two embryo. They did talk to me about Single embryo transfer...but I didn't really ask questions when she suggested to transfer two
Treated 2007 - 2018
Dr Agarwal is very personable. He takes time to address all concerns, is very involved in the process. Above all he is honest, has strong ethics and shows a lot of care. We truly trust him to make decisions that are best for us and are thankful to have found such great, caring and compassionate doctor.... Long agonist protocol first IVF. Successful pregnancy of twins.
They [Reproductive Partners] are pretty good at communicating everything. Have not had any issues with the clinic at all. Even though they have grown through the years, they seem to manage a more personalized approach to care compared to what many friends are telling me with other local clinics. We never even considered another Clinic, were so pleased the first time around. Plus I would not choose ro do this easily with another doctor anyways.
Be honest with him, shareyour concerns and fears. No question or worry is too silly for him. Trust him, he has a patients best interest at heart.
He always takes the time to address concerns and has a very genuine approach with patients.
Long agonist protocol first IVF. Successful pregnancy of twins. Different approach this time, still waiting to hear all the details and timelines on that but I trust we are in the best care possible!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie Hetherington)
Britnnie is amazing, caring, sweet and so personable. Always has a smile on and really knows how to hold your hand through such a tough process. We are so blessed to be working with her again.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are pretty good at communicating everything. Have not had any issues with the clinic at all. Even though they have grown through the years, they seem to manage a more personalized approach to care compared to what many friends are telling me with other local clinics. We never even considered another Clinic, were so pleased the first time around. Plus I would not choose ro do this easily with another doctor anyways.
13 k for all freeze cycle.
He seems to feel strongly about eSETfor our case and we agree.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor eggs gave me a beautiful baby boy, second attempt did not take, however, will definitely try again with doctor garzo.... Since the beginning doctor garzo made me aware that my egg quality was not good and low, so he suggested donor eggs and gave me all the specifics. After we found our donor the clinic was amazing both
No weaknesses, wonderful staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] across the board, from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses. Everyone is willing to help and answer any questions that one might have. I would highly recommend the entire office.... Wonderful staff couldn’t have asked for more. Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor
Wonderful staff couldn’t have asked for more. Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor eggs gave me a beautiful baby boy, second attempt did not take, however, will definitely try again with doctor garzo.
Ask all questions and be as open as possible. Doctor Garzo will answer everything in detail.
Wonderful staff and excellent doctor attention
Since the beginning doctor garzo made me aware that my egg quality was not good and low, so he suggested donor eggs and gave me all the specifics. After we found our donor the clinic was amazing both with her and with me. I started my injections and patches and once a positive pregnancy test came back I still moved forward with injections and patches for a few weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie )
Wonderful person and very informative.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
No weaknesses, wonderful staff across the board, from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses. Everyone is willing to help and answer any questions that one might have. I would highly recommend the entire office.
Don’t remember a specific number
doctor garzo made me aware why multiple embryos does not mean a higher way is having a positive outcome and if it is a pregnancy with multiple it puts both the babies and me at risk.