9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177

Treated 2018 - 2019
He’s [Dr. Quaas] quirky and he talks a lot. You have to want the kind of doctor who sees past the clinical but also seems so passionate about reseArch and the fertility field. You also need to make sure you have a good amount of time for meetings with him - you could end up with a 30 minute conversation about soccer ;-) ... He really comes off like he wants to get to know you. He will engage with my husband about sports and things that make him feel included and talked to as well.
What i love is that every person - even billing, and the people who take your blood - seem to know what’s going on in your case and asks about how your feeling or how a specific drug or process is going. Everyone [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] makes you feel cared about, and taken care of. Our nurse coordinator is awesome. Super compassionate, easy to get a hold of, fields questions with ease, and will spend time explaining things.
How was your experience with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He really comes off like he wants to get to know you. He will engage with my husband about sports and things that make him feel included and talked to as well. He lets us ask whatever question we have, and genuinely seems to take interest in helping when we have questions on things. He’s very compassionate, yet also extremely positive which helps takes the stress off of something that is truly hard to go through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He’s quirky and he talks a lot. You have to want the kind of doctor who sees past the clinical but also seems so passionate about reseArch and the fertility field. You also need to make sure you have a good amount of time for meetings with him - you could end up with a 30 minute conversation about soccer ;-)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He’s quirky but extremely friendly, caring. And seems to really want to get to know his patients. He regularly spends time with us, even if we don’t have a scheduled appointment - for example if we are in for a blood draw - he will stop and chat with us. He engages on things to get to know us as people and a couple, and makes us feel like be really wants to help us grow our family.
Describe the protocols Alexander Quaas used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Very low dose stimulation for the retrieval because of my previous cycle getting so many eggs, but we still got a lot of eggs. We used I think 75 of menopur and 50 of gonal-f but I can’t totally remember. Also used a steroid, and baby aspirin and a z-pack before. For the transfer, estrogen patches, progesterone in oil, a few days of steroid and a few days of antibiotics but I didn’t take them per a recommendation for my specific case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene)
What i love is that every person - even billing, and the people who take your blood - seem to know what’s going on in your case and asks about how your feeling or how a specific drug or process is going. Everyone makes you feel cared about, and taken care of. Our nurse coordinator is awesome. Super compassionate, easy to get a hold of, fields questions with ease, and will spend time explaining things.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The office isn’t huge, and we love that. We also love that we see our doctor for every scan and procedure. The nursing staff is on point with knowing your case and being compassionate and interested. You feel like a person, not a walking dollar sign. Even the billing and Insurance departments are super helpful and nice. The biggest weakness is honestly the parking lot. It’s not fun and I’m scared I’ll hit someone. Also, they could use some more pictures and things on the walls. On one hand - you feel like the pictures of Kids and things are genuine, and the offices with no pictures are there and money is spent elsewhere. On the other hand, it could make some of the rooms feel a little less clinical with a picture or two
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I’m not 100% sure. I believe a retrieval is about $10k and a transfer is $2k
Describe Alexander Quaas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It seems to be standard practice in their office.

Treated 2015 - 2019
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr Su, while very matter of fact and somewhat robotic in nature, has an incredible ability to relate to her patients and takes a true interest in them and their experience. I felt like she cared and put us first at all times. She wanted it as bad as we did. I always felt comfortable because she created comfort. She explained everything clearly to us, answered our questions and gave us honest opinions when prompted.
Weakness - Billing process was slow and difficult to understand at times as bills lagged and weren't as consistent. They [Reproductive Partners Fertiliy Center] would work with us on billing, but you needed to follow closely. ... Strength - They are excellent at explaining options, walking you through the process, giving feedback, empathizing with you in tough times and celebrating any good news. They are also very organized, timely and consistent in their performance.
How was your experience with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions and don't be shy asking her to dumb things down for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Irene Su used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't remember specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie Hetherington)
Strength - She was very thorough and compassionate. She made us feel comfortable. Weakness - Not the best at drawing blood from someone with small veins.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Strength - They are excellent at explaining options, walking you through the process, giving feedback, empathizing with you in tough times and celebrating any good news. They are also very organized, timely and consistent in their performance. Weakness - Billing process was slow and difficult to understand at times as bills lagged and weren't as consistent. They would work with us on billing, but you needed to follow closely.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Don't remember exactly. Much of it was covered by insurance.
Describe Irene Su's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I appreciated her approach in explaining both options and what they would consist of. She made it clear what either could result in mating it clear for us to decide on eSET.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . ... Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
The finance people [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. ... I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. ... Charlene [nurse] is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money.
How was your experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
We have been seeing Dr. Garzo for a few years. We have had a few egg retrievals and 3 failed transfers. Even without success yet, I think Dr Garzo has done an amazing job. Every step of our treatment, he's analyzed the findings, considered them and adjusted accordingly or ordered more tests for thorough investigation. So, first, his medical practice and expertise are top notch. Beyond the medical, he is extremely kind, compassionate, patient and supportive. I thoroughly trust him. To be dilligent, along the way we sought a second opinion from a well known RE, and that just made it crystal clear that Dr. Garzo was who we belong with. He is a great doctor and clearly has integrity and his priority his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Don't wait! Go see Dr. Garzo!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Garzo and Charlene ( nurse) are some of the best humans. They have constantly been supportive, caring and informative. They both have been extremely patient with us, taking the time to carefully and kindly answer all of our questions. Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
Describe the protocols Gabriel Garzo used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . My protocol and meds were changed for the next retrieval and our next egg retrieval yielded much better results ( 3 frozen embryos). I've had hysterescopy, polyp removal and Depot lupron to treat adnomyosis before transfers. Currently, he's ordered a pelvic MRI to get a closer look at my uterus. He's been great at thoroughly investigating all avenues and making changes along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene King )
Charlene is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money. She's really the best nurse you could have!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. The finance people were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. No complaints really!
La Jolla
Dr. Quaas is equal parts kind and knowledgable. He answered all of my questions about the IVF process but also about PCOS (my underlying diagnosis) which had never before been answered by other fertility doctors. ... Dr. Quaas cared about not only my IVF cycle (hormone levels, follicle development, eggs retrieved), but also how I was feeling and doing during the process. He reassured me when I was nervous and he helped me feel as calm and comfortable with the process as possible.
Reproductive Partners and the staff there are all professional, organized, and kind. ... They answered questions about insurance, communicated well with us, and were always kind! ... They made me feel comfortable immediately during my first appointment and made me felt cared for along the way. The front desk staff knew my name, greeted me warmly, and seemed to genuinely care about how I was doing during each visit.
Dr. Quaas is equal parts kind and knowledgable. He answered all of my questions about the IVF process but also about PCOS (my underlying diagnosis) which had never before been answered by other fertility doctors. He is an amazing doctor, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a kind, smart, and skilled reproductive endocrinologist.
He is willing to answer any questions you have about fertility and fertility treatments, so don't be afraid to ask!
Dr. Quaas cared about not only my IVF cycle (hormone levels, follicle development, eggs retrieved), but also how I was feeling and doing during the process. He reassured me when I was nervous and he helped me feel as calm and comfortable with the process as possible. He is genuinely warm and caring, and I am grateful for him!
I can't remember the specific protocols used. I remember we talked a lot about using injectable hormones to try to get one follicle to ovulate versus going straight to IVF. He explained his rational for recommending going straight to IVF by explaining that it would be very difficult for someone with my ovarian reserve to ovulate a single follicle with injectable drugs, and it would likely take a lot of trial and error to titrate the dose.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson)
Amy is simply the best! She is very kind and knowledgable. I genuinely enjoyed going to the clinic to see her and felt supported by her at every step of our IVF process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Reproductive Partners and the staff there are all professional, organized, and kind. They made me feel comfortable immediately during my first appointment and made me felt cared for along the way. The front desk staff knew my name, greeted me warmly, and seemed to genuinely care about how I was doing during each visit. They answered questions about insurance, communicated well with us, and were always kind!
My insurance luckily covered a big chunk of IVF costs, so I payed a copay for every ultrasound and 20% of drug costs. Retrieval procedure cost another $2500 or so.
The clinic has a strong preference for single embryo transfer.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Knowing we didnt have a lot of money he [Dr. Duleba] made sure we understood all options and did not ever pressure us to start the process before we were ready to take on the cost. He explained ALL procedures and risks. ... He never steered me wrong or rushed me into any decisions. ... He only believed in single embryo transfer given my health factors.
The estimates that were provided upon initial consultation or pretty close to what we actually paid. ... Since I started with that facility [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] they have expanded which has allowed for more rooms for patient visits. ... My primary was Charlene king and her back up was Alicia. They kept in contact with me constantly and answered all of my questions at a level of which I could understand.
How was your experience with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He was very patient. Knowing we didnt have a lot of money he made sure we understood all options and did not ever pressure us to start the process before we were ready to take on the cost. He explained ALL procedures and risks. He cried with us when we had a failue and celebrated when we had success. He was by our side the whole way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Trust him. He never steered me wrong or rushed me into any decisions. He gave me the information and gave me the time to weigh it out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He and the staff we always friendly and kind. When our first transfer didn’t take I remember being on the phone with him and hearing his voice crack as he explained why it could have failed. I knew it hurt him that it was unsuccessful.
Describe the protocols Antoni Duleba used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We originally wanted to attempt IUI since it is significantly less in cost. He reviewed all our medical records and had my husband test his sperm one more time. He said we could try it but it was highly unlikely to be successful. We did a traditional IFV.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charleen King)
My primary was Charlene king and her back up was Alicia. They kept in contact with me constantly and answered all of my questions at a level of which I could understand. They showed compassion and understanding and celebrated with me when it was a success.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Since I started with that facility they have expanded which has allowed for more rooms for patient visits. Which did it quick and the wait time when we were there for quick things such as blood draws.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The estimates that were provided upon initial consultation or pretty close to what we actually paid. Medications are more expensive however that was not directly from them.
Describe Antoni Duleba's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
He only believed in single embryo transfer given my health factors. It was reassuring to know that doctors were not pushing for multiples as others that I’ve known that went through IVF and it up with twins or even triplets.
Antoni Duleba
La Jolla

Dr Garzo explained everything to us very clearly. This was our first time doing IVF and he treated us with compassion. I have a low reserve and we were fearful quality was going to be an issue so he had an aggressive medication plan. ... I did an estrogen start, and then used a lot of stims, very high doses, and a growth hormone to improve quality. ... He is a very kind person and thinks highly of his practice, this can give you a slight sense of false hope.
Their [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] billing department wasn't the quickest to respond. I had out of network coverage and their billing system was a bit of an issue so I didn't get all the reimbursements I was probably due. Their strength is with their world-class doctors and excellent nursing team. They have decent facilities, but I think these could have been improved. I sometimes had to wait a long time to see the doctor for ultrasounds.
Dr Garzo explained everything to us very clearly. This was our first time doing IVF and he treated us with compassion. I have a low reserve and we were fearful quality was going to be an issue so he had an aggressive medication plan. Although we didn't get the results we would have liked I do not think it was from lack of trying or for not suggesting the best course of action. He always took the time to explain exactly what was happening, and I appreciate that.
The doctors and nurses were very kind. Most of them knew my name when I walked in even though it was a large clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
She was very kind and patient. She helped me with injections and even talked me through when I was having an issue with one of the shots. She was very compassionate and caring. They all were.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Their billing department wasn't the quickest to respond. I had out of network coverage and their billing system was a bit of an issue so I didn't get all the reimbursements I was probably due. Their strength is with their world-class doctors and excellent nursing team. They have decent facilities, but I think these could have been improved. I sometimes had to wait a long time to see the doctor for ultrasounds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They were very expensive, I spent nearly $30k without even doing a transfer. This includes about $8k in medication.
La Jolla
Dr Su is a great communicator, she is very honest and also very real. She was sweet and hopeful, but told us like it is. ... My partner and I did reciprocal IVF; I carried her egg. Her follicle count was low, so her medications were adjusted according to her needs, and there were specific instructions for her multiple injections every night. After her eggs were retrieved, Dr Su got me ready for the transfer
Everyone is so caring and so compassionate. They all remembered our faces and our names. I even had to go in on Christmas Eve to have blood drawn and get more medications and people were there, every single day. They would not take days off because “cycles dont take days off.” I really appreciated their dedication to their patients. I would recommend RPFC to everyone I know.
Dr Su is a great communicator, she is very honest and also very real. She was sweet and hopeful, but told us like it is. We had a 12% chance of having a viable egg, and we ended up with a healthy baby boy! She was up front about everything and always explained the steps we were going through. She listened to our concerns and answered every question. I was afraid I was miscarrying very early on, and they got us in right away, a day before our appointment even, and made sure everything was okay.
Definitely see Dr Su!!! She is our favorite person ever. She is such a great doctor and all around amazing person.
Dr Su was so personable and really showed that she cared about me and my partner. She talked to us like we were family; she was very honest but also hopeful. She was always happy to see us and always helped us with any questions we had and never rushed us.
My partner and I did reciprocal IVF; I carried her egg. Her follicle count was low, so her medications were adjusted according to her needs, and there were specific instructions for her multiple injections every night. After her eggs were retrieved, Dr Su got me ready for the transfer. I had to wear estrogen patches on my stomach, which gave me a very bad rash (I looked like a human Connect 4 board), so she switched me to vaginal suppositories (so much better). I had to do progesterone injections in my butt every night, which was difficult, but I did it. We were worried I had an ovarian cyst before we started my cycle, but it went away on it’s own after following up with my OBGYN, so we didn’t have to do anything about that. She did say my uterus is slightly heart-shaped, so if I miscarried we would see if something needed to be done to prevent any future issues, but luckily I carried to term with no issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie Heatherington)
Brittnie was AMAZING! She was so sweet, always listened to our concerns and answered our questions thoroughly. I probably called her every single day in the first few weeks of treatment and even after pregnancy. She was great about returning calls and emails.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It was expensive because we chose to do reciprocal IVF, using my partners eggs and I carried.
Dr Su only does eSET because she does not want to risk having multiple embryos grow, as these pregnancies are much harder and more high-risk. I am so glad we only transferred one embryo because I couldn’t imagine if I was pregnant with twins and something went wrong because of that.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Duleba was always kind and courteous, had great bedside manners. ... Dr Duleba put me on a very low dose of meds for stimulation because I had a lot of follicles and he did not want to overstimulate me ... He explained things in detail and made me feel like he really cared. He’s very optimistic, maybe a little too optimistic. He was always honest with me and prepared me for what to expect, even if it was potential bad news ...
Also, it is next door to a women’s surgery center which made the retrieval very easy and smooth. Weakness would be that they don’t take insurance but they do provide you with some resources to help out financially. ... the clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is busy and appointments were brief and fast. ... The nursing staff made up for any confusion or frustrations I may have had during this difficult time
Dr Duleba was always kind and courteous, had great bedside manners. He explained things in detail and made me feel like he really cared. He’s very optimistic, maybe a little too optimistic. He was always honest with me and prepared me for what to expect, even if it was potential bad news
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
Dr Duleba was always kind and courteous and had good bedside manners. However, the clinic is busy and appointments were brief and fast.
When I started seeing Dr Duleba I was only 26 and struggled to conceive for 6 months. I always had inconsistent periods so I knew I should get checked out sooner than most people. Dr Duleba suggested I continue to try to conceive because after the initial consultation and ultrasound, he did not see any problems with either me or my husband. However, I decided I wanted to proceed with IUI. We did 2 cycles with Clomid and when I did not respond well to the meds and did not get pregnant, Dr Duleba switched me to letrozole for 3 more rounds of IUI which were also unsuccessful. At this point we decided to move on to IVF. Dr Duleba put me on a very low dose of meds for stimulation because I had a lot of follicles and he did not want to overstimulate me and create more problems. If I remember correctly I had over 20 eggs retrieved and eventually ended up with 4 surviving embryos.
Everyone was compassionate, caring, and sensitive every time that I experienced a setback or a miscarriage. The nursing staff made up for any confusion or frustrations I may have had during this difficult time
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic had great rates of success with IVF. Also, it is next door to a women’s surgery center which made the retrieval very easy and smooth. Weakness would be that they don’t take insurance but they do provide you with some resources to help out financially.
I’m glad Dr Duleba decided to do SET because having twins come with so many risks. Given my age(mid to late 20s) and no preexisting medical history that would affect fertility, I believe Dr Duleba made the right choice
Antoni Duleba
Treated 2017 - 2018
I can't be more grateful to Dr Garzo and his team for his amazing work. He is a man of few words but has a lot of clarity on exactly the course of treatment required. He was very conservative in his approach and always put my safety and comfort first. He targeted 15 to 20 eggs during the stimulation phase and was able to retrieve almost exactly that number of eggs. ... But we found him to be quite friendly, albeit not very talkative. ...
Every person in this clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] has been wonderful to work with. ... The nursing staff was always unfailingly kind and answered all questions asked. Their compassion made a big difference in what can be a very trying process. ... He [Dr. Garzo] also strongly recommended single embryo transfer to avoid the risk of multiples. His primary concern was my safety .
As I hold my 3 month old miracle baby, I can't be more grateful to Dr Garzo and his team for his amazing work. He is a man of few words but has a lot of clarity on exactly the course of treatment required. He was very conservative in his approach and always put my safety and comfort first. He targeted 15 to 20 eggs during the stimulation phase and was able to retrieve almost exactly that number of eggs. He did a single embryo transfer and I was pregnant after the first transfer.
To make sure to ask questions when necessary but to have faith in your doctor.
Dr Garzo set very realistic expectations and followed a conservative approach during the egg retrieval stage so as to not risk overstimulation. He also strongly recommended single embryo transfer to avoid the risk of multiples. His primary concern was my safety .
My tubes had undiagnosable issues resulting in two spontaneous ectopic pregnancies. IVF was the most sensible route so that the tubes could be bypassed entirely. My workup was normal overall but my husband had a sperm morphology issue.Dr Garzo therefore chose to perform ICSI. The egg retrieval resulted in 15 eggs. 8 embryos were obtained and PGS tested. 5 good embryos were frozen. 1 was transferred and resulted in a healthy full term baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Morrison)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Every person in this clinic has been wonderful to work with. Since we were successful on our first transfer, we have only positive feedback to give. With Dr Garzo we had heard mixed reviews in terms of his bedside manner. But we found him to be quite friendly, albeit not very talkative.
Treated 2017
Doctor Garzo was very polite and offered us with the solutions to our problems of infertility. Unlike other doctors we have seen, he was able to diagnose me correctly with the endometriosis, treat it, and successfully perform IVF egg retrieval and implantation followed by a positive pregnancy and birth. ... We will use him again ... I wanted twins but Dr garzo felt very strongly that I should only implant one egg
As far as professionalism this team [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] has it down! ... I have also referred several of my friends to him because I felt so strongly that he would provide them with a good experience as well. ... Dr garzo made sure that I was comfortable and his staff was also very professional thorough and compassionate ... If there's anything I would change I would ask that they pay for our parking hundred percent
My entire experience with IVF was long and emotional but Dr garzo made sure that I was comfortable and his staff was also very professional thorough and compassionate I am so thankful for Dr garzo and his team and we'll use them again for baby number two if we need to. I have also referred several of my friends to him because I felt so strongly that he would provide them with a good experience as well.
I like that Dr garzo was able to diagnose me with endometriosis. Other doctors I have seen did not catch that which could have caused me to go through the IVF process without success. It was vital that I treated the endometriosis prior to the egg implanting. Make sure your doctor does a thorough check on you and make sure you ask a lot of questions don't feel pressure that you have to do the egg retrieval right away follow your instinct
Doctor Garzo was very polite and offered us with the solutions to our problems of infertility. Unlike other doctors we have seen, he was able to diagnose me correctly with the endometriosis, treat it, and successfully perform IVF egg retrieval and implantation followed by a positive pregnancy and birth. We will use him again
Basically you Dr garzo treated my endometriosis prior to the egg retrieval and implantation. We froze the eggs and did testing, I had a few months of cleansing off the medication prior to implanting the eggs again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Meghan and Amy)
Amazing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
As far as professionalism this team has it down! If there's anything I would change I would ask that they pay for our parking hundred percent since we are paying so much out of our pocket to pay for IVF. I also wish they would do referral discounts or credit I mean because it would help with the cost of IVF especially considering I had so many friends I have referred them to and did not receive any benefit. But as far as actual strengths and weaknesses, I believe they did very well and I do not think there were any weaknesses per se.
Ranged from 20-26k
Describe Gabriel Garzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I know every person is different. I wanted twins but Dr garzo felt very strongly that I should only implant one egg because there are so many risks involved with multiple eggs. He was very adamant about this approach and I trust him even though I wanted twins I know I would rather have a healthy birth versus any issues later down the road so I trusted his opinion and advice
Treated 2014
Dr. Su was responsive to the emotional roller coaster of the process and always available to take my calls. ... She is knowledgeable, straight forward, but also incredibly compassionate and hopeful regardless of the situation. She took time outside of an appointment to speak with me and even did not charge me after a difficult appointment. ... Dr. Su started me with IUI since my infertility was really unexplained.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is great, but they will tell you it is mostly due to the lab staff and embryologists. The only thing I would say is a weakness is that some of the doctors have a very different approach and may not be completely informed on where you are and your needs. ... The nursing staff are top quality and extremely empathetic to what there patients are experiencing.
I have recommended her to everyone I know seeking fertility support. She was amazing. She is knowledgeable, straight forward, but also incredibly compassionate and hopeful regardless of the situation. She took time outside of an appointment to speak with me and even did not charge me after a difficult appointment.
To ask lots of questions since she does an excellent job of thoroughly explaining the process and answering all questions.
Dr. Su was responsive to the emotional roller coaster of the process and always available to take my calls. The first few weeks of my pregnancy were really rough and she was available when I needed her
Dr. Su started me with IUI since my infertility was really unexplained. I had a ruptured appendix as a child so scar tissue is likely the culprit as well as the fact that I have only one ovary due to the appendix rupturing. I also had fibroids that were removed followed by 2 failed IUIs. She recommended a third IUI, but as we were paying out of pocket she was fine with our decision to move straight to IVF. I met with her to review the entire process, received my drug list, and an outline of the timeline. I ordered the drugs and called the clinic the first day of my period to start the egg retrieval process. They sent me a calendar with a list of the drugs and quantities I needed to take daily. My hormones have always been normal, so the protocol was textbooks. Egg retrieval was scheduled on day 13 or 14. The clinic collected 17 eggs, 13 fertilized, and 3 made it to blastocysts. Two were good quality and one was fair. All were frozen and we transferred on the following cycle. It worked the first time and I have a daughter that is now 4. I did bleed on and off from 6-12 weeks during the pregnancy. We transferred the other two at later dates, but neither one took. Only later did I find out that my uterus now has a defect and did not heal properly after my c-section.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I had multiple coordinators )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is the best place in San Diego with some of the highest success rates. The clinic is great, but they will tell you it is mostly due to the lab staff and embryologists. The only thing I would say is a weakness is that some of the doctors have a very different approach and may not be completely informed on where you are and your needs. There are a couple of reasons it is unrealistic to think you will always see the same doctor - every appointment is based on your cycle, doctors are human and need time off on occasion, and being hopped up on hormones makes you sensitive the fact that some doctors have colder hands than others!
I took out a $20,000 loan that covered egg retrieval and two transfers. Drugs were at an additional cost and were about $3,000-4,000.
She’s pretty strict if you are healthy and have a good shot at getting pregnant. She didn’t even really give us an option to do anything else! My safety was the priority and to her the reward is not worth the risk if you have your chances are high.
La Jolla
He [Dr. Garzo] has been very friendly and explained everything in detail. He made himself available for questions. We are still early in the cycle - but we have been very happy so far! All three times we have met with him both my husband and I have been happy with the experience and love that he is honest about everything - good and bad. ... He explained the risk of having a multiple pregnancy was not worth the health risks to me and child - especially considering putting two in does not increase the odds by much.
The office [Reproductive Parnters Fertility Center] was nice, the doctors are nice, and the staff. There has not been anything we have not been satisfied with so far, and have loved everyone that we have dealt with at this clinic. ... The return messages right away, same day - and are always available for questions and even just to ease fears along the way. ... She [nurse] has been friendly and completely helpful along the way. I tend to worry and have a lot of questions and she never made me feel like I was bothering her and anytime I emailed her or left a message she got back to me quickly - always the same day.
He has been very friendly and explained everything in detail. He made himself available for questions. We are still early in the cycle - but we have been very happy so far! All three times we have met with him both my husband and I have been happy with the experience and love that he is honest about everything - good and bad.
To go in with your questions ready ahead of time
Garzo and all the staff we have dealt with so far has been friendly and answered any and all questions we have had. The return messages right away, same day - and are always available for questions and even just to ease fears along the way. Very happy with our experience so far
We are just now starting medications and our egg retrieval is not till June 4th.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
She has been friendly and completely helpful along the way. I tend to worry and have a lot of questions and she never made me feel like I was bothering her and anytime I emailed her or left a message she got back to me quickly - always the same day.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is my first cycle and I have never used another doctor or seen anyone else. The office was nice, the doctors are nice, and the staff. There has not been anything we have not been satisfied with so far, and have loved everyone that we have dealt with at this clinic.
The cost for in vitro is $16,500 with an addtional $10,000 or so for medication and other testing - such as genetic testing
When starting I wanted a multiple embryo transfer. My reasoning was because I would rather have two babies then one - and if putting in two increased my chances I wanted to do that. Dr. Garzo explained it to us, and my husband also only wanted a single transfer. He explained the risk of having a multiple pregnancy was not worth the health risks to me and child - especially considering putting two in does not increase the odds by much.
La Jolla
Dr.Quaas made me feel comfortable through the entire process and had a very positive attitude. He communicated well and made the visits comfortable. I felt I could trust that I had a very good doctor taking care of me. ... Proffessional doctor and clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center], listened to my goals, worked with my schedule and took the time to explain any questions I had.
Very organized staff, clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] was clean and had a friendly atmosphere but maybe a bit outdated as far as design. Parking was good, waiting area ok and payments and checkout were quick. Overall very satisfied. ... Great team of proffessional that was very experienced and very organized. I saw many different nurses and they were all great with a great attitude!
Don’t wait to get your fertility treatment or egg freezing done later, if you are thinking about it, do it!
Proffessional doctor and clinic, listened to my goals, worked with my schedule and took the time to explain any questions I had.
After consultation a schedule was made and after starting hormone shots, bloodwork was done every day to monitor levels and progress. US was done every few days up until trigger shots and retrieval, all scheduled within my busy work schedule!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Very organized staff, clinic was clean and had a friendly atmosphere but maybe a bit outdated as far as design. Parking was good, waiting area ok and payments and checkout were quick. Overall very satisfied.
Medications $3-5K Consultation $250 Appointments and egg retrieval around $9K
Treated 2009 - 2013
Dr. Garzo was present every step of the way wether it was not so good news or amazing news. He always had the next plan ready for us. He never made us feel rushed or like he has another patient waiting ... He took his time, went over all the steps and he truly cares about you. ... We first did one round of iui with donor sperm, was on clomid 100 mg. We went in for our first iui procedure.
Clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] itself is relaxing and comfortable. The ladies at the front are always friendly and welcoming. No matter who you walk next to they are always smiling ... They [nurses] are amazing, they make you feel a part of a family there ... Weakness is the elevators are always packed and lobby is busy. ... Visit and ultrasound were reasonable , iui procedures were ok. Infertility treatments no matter what are expensive.
The most caring doctor that you can trust
He took his time, went over all the steps and he truly cares about you.
We first did one round of iui with donor sperm, was on clomid 100 mg. We went in for our first iui procedure. Came back to do the pregnancy test, came back negative. Dr. Garzo saw a couple of polyps that i had my obgyn remove. We then planned for another iui round but this time i had to do a shot the night before to boost my ovaries, while in clomid as well. Went in to do a iui procedure then again the next day. Then was on insertable progesterone capsules. Went in for our pregnancy and got results that we were pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
They are amazing, they make you feel a part of a family there
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Weakness is the elevators are always packed and lobby is busy. Clinic itself is relaxing and comfortable. The ladies at the front are always friendly and welcoming. No matter who you walk next to they are always smiling

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Quaas spent a lot of time with us explaining embryo preservation and answering all of our questions. ... Dr. Quaas was amazing. He is very intelligent but also has fantastic bedside manner. He answered all of our questions and even did additional research for us when I had a question that he was not sure about. ... I am still in the process of starting embryo preservation with Dr. Quaas
Very clean, efficient, friendly staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. Not very long waiting times. Everyone is very helpful. Financial team is great, they give you an estimate of the cost depending on what procedures you select. I do not have any negative things to say. ... Amy Nelson is wonderful. She has responded to all of my e-mails promptly and thoroughly. ... I am still in the process of starting embryo preservation with Dr. Quaas
I am still in the process of starting embryo preservation with Dr. Quaas
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Very clean, efficient, friendly staff. Not very long waiting times. Everyone is very helpful. Financial team is great, they give you an estimate of the cost depending on what procedures you select. I do not have any negative things to say.
We have not completed treatment yet so I am not sure the final cost

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Alexander [Quaas] is very friendly and supportive, even with patients with lower chances of pregnancy he has been very supportive and honest ... he takes his time explaining every single detail to me about my situation and the treatment and all. He is very supportive and honest. He made it clear that my case is not the easiest and that it will be a challenge to get me pregnant but still he is supportive and on top of everything.
Staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] are very friendly, the clinic is lovely and organized . Everyone is supportive and friendly I Bieber had any problem dealing with anyone. When I go I get greeted and treated nicely by everyone not just my nurse and dr ... Amy [nurse] is very nice and friendly , she is also very supportive and tries to gets back to me at the earliest whenever I have a question or need anything . She’s great
Dr. Quaas is very friendly and nice, he takes his time explaining every single detail to me about my situation and the treatment and all. He is very supportive and honest. He made it clear that my case is not the easiest and that it will be a challenge to get me pregnant but still he is supportive and on top of everything.
Be honest with the dr about your medical situation , financial and emotional as fertility treatment is not easy.
Dr Alexander is very friendly and supportive, even with patients with lower chances of pregnancy he has been very supportive and honest
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson )
Amy is very nice and friendly , she is also very supportive and tries to gets back to me at the earliest whenever I have a question or need anything . She’s great
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Staff are very friendly, the clinic is lovely and organized . Everyone is supportive and friendly I Bieber had any problem dealing with anyone. When I go I get greeted and treated nicely by everyone not just my nurse and dr

1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Su was my fertility doctor and during the initial ultrasound found a giant tumor and was the person who ordered the MRI. ... Through the whole experience she was realistic, communicative, accessible, compassionate, and always inspired confidence that I was in good hands. ... I was on very high dosage of meds to produce results. I had very differently sized ovaries so the timing was critical. She had predicted 0-2 embryos and I ended up with 1.
I arrived to this clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] because I am a UCSD patient in their OB/GYN office. The clinic was highly recommended, especially because of the lab. ... They are organized and provide top human-to-human contact and care. ... THey [nurses] are a wonderful team. They are on top of their schedules, attentive, responsive. The service couldn't be better.
Dr. Su was my fertility doctor and during the initial ultrasound found a giant tumor and was the person who ordered the MRI. She was also the person who was able to offer me fertility preservation options due to the possible hysterectomy due to the tumor. Through the whole experience she was realistic, communicative, accessible, compassionate, and always inspired confidence that I was in good hands.
She is top-notch, and will always be direct with you.
Dr. Su always took the time to explain everything to me. She is direct and doesn't dance around issues, and I appreciated that.
We had a random start because of the cancer surgery date. I was on very high dosage of meds to produce results. I had very differently sized ovaries so the timing was critical. She had predicted 0-2 embryos and I ended up with 1.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Britt and Natalie)
THey are a wonderful team. They are on top of their schedules, attentive, responsive. The service couldn't be better.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I arrived to this clinic because I am a UCSD patient in their OB/GYN office. The clinic was highly recommended, especially because of the lab. I have since only heard excellent things about the office, and I'm so glad I chanced upon it, mostly through the high-caliber network of doctors whose care I was under for cancer. They are organized and provide top human-to-human contact and care. I heard that IVF is only as good as the lab is--and that this lab is excellent.
Drugs, embryo freezing, egg retrieval, monitoring = around $20,000
I only had one embryo so this is n/a.