9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177

Treated 2020
I loved working with Dr. Quaas and Reproductive Partners. I liked that I saw Dr. Quaas every ultrasound visit and he personally performed the ultrasound. I felt like he was open to trying different things and tailoring a treatment plan to me. I never felt like our visits were rushed and he spent hours discussing our care. We really liked that he is involved in the scientific community and evidence based research. He was fairly responsive to emails...We tried a maximum-dose stimulation protocol for our first egg retrieval, used max doses of Menopur, Gonal-F, HGH, clomid, and dexamethasone, used an antagonist and dual HCG/lupron trigger. The second cycle we tried a lower dose stimulation as I was worried that the high doses caused diminished egg quality. We used 300 units Menopur, HGH, clomid, and dexamethasone with an antagonist and dual trigger. Neither cycles were successful unfortunately, as we think my egg quality is poor.
the earliest ultrasound appointments were at 8 AM [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center], although the wait times were usually very short. The nurses would normally call around 3-6 PM to adjust any doses. There is an affiliated pharmacy in the hospital where you can get all your medications. The lab is also in the hospital. A weakness of the lab would be that they do not currently do Zymot, PICSI, or time-lapse embryoscope...I primarily worked with Amy [nurse], who was great through the whole process. She always called in my medications promptly. We mostly communicated through the online portal system, and she usually responded within 1-2 days. My only complaint was that she was frequently out of the office, making communication with her difficult via e-mail and phone, although other nurses were usually available to answer any questions.
How was your experience with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
If you have an idea of what you are looking for or what treatment you want, advocate for yourself, as he was very open to changing protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Quaas was always very empathetic and personable, he tailored his treatment plans to me.
Describe the protocols Alexander Quaas used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson)
I primarily worked with Amy, who was great through the whole process. She always called in my medications promptly. We mostly communicated through the online portal system, and she usually responded within 1-2 days. My only complaint was that she was frequently out of the office, making communication with her difficult via e-mail and phone, although other nurses were usually available to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Excellent staff, including the billing department, which really saved us when they told us we would need to change our insurance to Cigna at the last minute. They have been great dealing with our insurance claims. Early morning visits could start earlier to accomodate the work day, as the earliest ultrasound appointments were at 8 AM, although the wait times were usually very short. The nurses would normally call around 3-6 PM to adjust any doses. There is an affiliated pharmacy in the hospital where you can get all your medications. The lab is also in the hospital. A weakness of the lab would be that they do not currently do Zymot, PICSI, or time-lapse embryoscope.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All of our claims have still not been processed. With insurance, we only had to pay $300 upfront for embryo co-culture.
Describe Alexander Quaas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Dr. Quaas and the clinic as a whole only does frozen embryo transfers. They will not do day 3 or fresh transfers. He strongly believes in blastocyst FET.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Duleba is a strong advocate for quality and health over quantity and will only do IUI if there are 2 or less follicles. If there are 2+ follicles, he will cancel the cycle and try again next time...I felt treated as a human because my concerns were heard and met with sympathy and hope...is very knowledgeable and felt like he really provided objective options and did not pressure us at all to go one way or another. His accent did make it hard to understand him sometimes and I did not mind his fellows working with him, I felt it added to the moral support and more ideas on my case.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is great, they reiterated the next steps for the visit, gave me billing dept info, went over my after visit summary and always made me feel supported...My insurance covered the consultations and testing so far. Still pending approval for IUI. ..Their scheduling is limited, however, it seems that his fellows and team members can step in if Dr. Duleba isn't there which is okay with me as long as they re on the same page. The clinic is nice and quiet, the receptionist is pleasant and very knowledgeable on insurance.
How was your experience with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Duleba is very knowledgeable and felt like he really provided objective options and did not pressure us at all to go one way or another. His accent did make it hard to understand him sometimes and I did not mind his fellows working with him, I felt it added to the moral support and more ideas on my case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He's great, a lot more willing to problem solve and be proactive in starting treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Antoni Duleba used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
So far, I have only had consultation and testing done. I am set to have IUI when this pandemic slows down and the clinics are open again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great, they reiterated the next steps for the visit, gave me billing dept info, went over my after visit summary and always made me feel supported.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Antoni Duleba at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My insurance covered the consultations and testing so far. Still pending approval for IUI. IVF is not covered by my insurance, so we are preparing for that in case IUI is unsuccessful.
Describe Antoni Duleba's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Honestly, it was more of following up with them even though they told me to wait until I am called with next steps. Definitely be on top of your progress and check in if you haven't heard when they were supposed to give you an update.
Treated 2019 - 2020
The IVF process is very daunting and stressful, and working with Dr. Su helped calm a lot of nerves. Dr. Su explains everything thoroughly and takes her time with each patient. We had three embryo transfers, unfortunately none ended in a successful pregnancy. We suffered two miscarriages and one failed cycle, and through it all she was compassionate and understanding.... she always greets her patients by name and shakes your hand.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners] is very busy, they usually are really good about not having a long wait for appointment or blood draw, but it does happen. Everyone I’ve met at the clinic has been very kind. The front desk ladies always greet you with a smile and as you move for way with treatment, the nurses get to know you and always greet you as well.... Dr. Su’s nurse Natalie is absolutely amazing. She responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
The IVF process is very daunting and stressful, and working with Dr. Su helped calm a lot of nerves. Dr. Su explains everything thoroughly and takes her time with each patient. We had three embryo transfers, unfortunately none ended in a successful pregnancy. We suffered two miscarriages and one failed cycle, and through it all she was compassionate and understanding. Moving forward we will do one retrieval and she walked us through the plan to change treatment for the second time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Advice could be applied to seeing any doctor. Ask questions, ask a lot of questions. It’s a lot of information and understanding the process is very helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
We were treated like a humans, she always greets her patients by name and shakes your hand. Dr. Su is compassionate and very knowledgeable. She explained everything thoroughly and made herself available for phone follow ups to answer questions that may come up after our meeting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie M.)
Dr. Su’s nurse Natalie is absolutely amazing. She responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. She is very helpful and always answers my questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy, they usually are really good about not having a long wait for appointment or blood draw, but it does happen. Everyone I’ve met at the clinic has been very kind. The front desk ladies always greet you with a smile and as you move for way with treatment, the nurses get to know you and always greet you as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Irene Su at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I don’t know the total cost exactly because insurance covered a portion.
Describe Irene Su's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It is the clinic’s policy to transfer one embryo at a time.
Treated 2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Irene Su] only works on Mondays & Fridays and they do not guarantee that she will be there to do your egg retrieval. That said, she does everything in her power to be the one to do it...she said that my eggs were not synchronous meaning at retrieval some were huge (probably post mature) and some were small (pre mature). She gave us her vision for a second cycle with details on what she would change in order to have a more synchronous cycle with more similarly sized follicles/eggs. We proceeded with a second cycle (long estrace protocol) based on her plan and it was much better than the first! We got 7 eggs, 5 embryos and ended up with 2 day 5 blastocysts.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] was kind and competent. They recognize and seem to genuinely care for patients...Given that we only ended up with one day 5, genetically normal embryo a single embryo transfer was our only option...we enjoyed the overall experience. It seemed like a very well oiled machine and we did not have any issues with their strategies or operations. Their financial team was very helpful as well...
She is the perfect mix of data nerd and compassionate friend. She could deep dive into very scientific data and research if you want and she can sense when you are overwhelmed and speak to you like a normal person who doesn't specialize in fertility. She gets to know you and really invests in your success.
She only works on Mondays & Fridays and they do not guarantee that she will be there to do your egg retrieval. That said, she does everything in her power to be the one to do it.
She was warm, forthcoming and seemed to genuinely care about our situation and helping us grow our family.
Describe the protocols Irene Su used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Our first cycle was a standard IVF cycle but we didn't get any day 5 embryos. We met with her to discuss why it was unsuccessful and she said that my eggs were not synchronous meaning at retrieval some were huge (probably post mature) and some were small (pre mature). She gave us her vision for a second cycle with details on what she would change in order to have a more synchronous cycle with more similarly sized follicles/eggs. We proceeded with a second cycle (long estrace protocol) based on her plan and it was much better than the first! We got 7 eggs, 5 embryos and ended up with 2 day 5 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brooke Stavang)
The nursing staff was kind and competent. They recognize and seem to genuinely care for patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I don't have much to say about the clinic except that we enjoyed the overall experience. It seemed like a very well oiled machine and we did not have any issues with their strategies or operations. Their financial team was very helpful as well.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Garzo] is very thorough and checks every detail before coming up with what needs to be done...he does all the tests that are important which helps him diagnose your condition...My husband has 2% morphology and 27% motility. He was told to do SCSA test. We found out through that test he dna is 20% fragmented so it’s borderline. Doctor told him to take supplements. The list is on their website. For me I had to do mri which showed I have adenomyosis. He also did hysteroscopy but everything looks good there. Based on this he recommended ivf.
I am still in the middle of my treatment plan. [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. However I have found the cost to be cheaper compared to others and I like everything so far. No complaints. I like they explain what to expect cost wise and the bill has come lower than what they told me so I am happy so far. They get back to you within few hours so very good with communication...MRI costed around 600 after insurance Hysteroscopy costed 300 after insurance...My husband has 2% morphology and 27% motility. He was told to do SCSA test. We found out through that test he dna is 20% fragmented so it’s borderline. Doctor told him to take supplements. The list is on their website. For me I had to do mri which showed I have adenomyosis. He also did hysteroscopy but everything looks good there. Based on this he recommended ivf.
How was your experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I just felt like I can trust him. I have no doubts about having him as my doctor. He is very thorough and checks every detail before coming up with what needs to be done. I am still doing my treatments with him so I am still in between but he does all the tests that are important which helps him diagnose your condition. He lets me know what will and will not work so he has been right about that so far.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Go see him, you won’t regret it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He is a very good doctor and gives his attention completely. I have no complaints so far.
Describe the protocols Gabriel Garzo used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I am still in the middle of my treatment. My husband has 2% morphology and 27% motility. He was told to do SCSA test. We found out through that test he dna is 20% fragmented so it’s borderline. Doctor told him to take supplements. The list is on their website. For me I had to do mri which showed I have adenomyosis. He also did hysteroscopy but everything looks good there. Based on this he recommended ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
Every one is really good.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I am still in the middle of my treatment plan. However I have found the cost to be cheaper compared to others and I like everything so far. No complaints. I like they explain what to expect cost wise and the bill has come lower than what they told me so I am happy so far. They get back to you within few hours so very good with communication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
MRI costed around 600 after insurance Hysteroscopy costed 300 after insurance
Describe Gabriel Garzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Treated 2017 - 2020
[Dr. Li-Shei Lin is] the reason we’ve continued with RPMG despite issues with their PGS testing program...Genetic testing missed our embryo’s chromosomal abnormality...Dr Lin truly cares, is knowledgeable, and considers modifying the plan when it doesn’t work. She has called/texted at all hours to check on us or update us on latest plan options...she wants the best for you...advise eSET
Genetic testing missed our embryo’s chromosomal abnormality [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]...All RPMG docs advise eSET...is like many others in that they are always busy. It feels less like an assembly line than I’ve heard from others. Dr Garzo runs the show...Several new docs have joined in the past few years...Always caring, helpful, and positive
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr Lin truly cares, is knowledgeable, and considers modifying the plan when it doesn’t work. She has called/texted at all hours to check on us or update us on latest plan options. She’s the reason we’ve continued with RPMG despite issues with their PGS testing program.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Li-Shei Lin at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Listen to her - she wants the best for you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Li-Shei Lin at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Always caring, helpful, and positive
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
RPMG is like many others in that they are always busy. It feels less like an assembly line than I’ve heard from others. Dr Garzo runs the show. They’re the best in San Diego in terms of numbers. Several new docs have joined in the past few years.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Li-Shei Lin at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Kaiser insurance plan covers 80% of IVF, meds, etc
Describe Li-Shei Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All RPMG docs advise eSET
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Genetic testing missed our embryo’s chromosomal abnormality
Li-Shei Lin

Treated 2019 - 2020
I went to him [Dr. Sanjay Agarwal] for all of my initial testing, we discussed my options, we decided to move forward with IUI after considering what would work best for my partner and I. We discussed whether or not to do a medicated round...has such a warm and generous spirit. He always answers all of my questions and provides me with detailed information. I never feel rushed or like I my questions are silly. I also feel like he cares about my specific situation and want to give me care that will work to reach my goals
The doctor's office [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] was very pleasant. Very clean and nicely updated. It's a bit quiet which I found to be nice as it felt peaceful. This is such an unnerving situation it was nice that the office felt calm and things felt peaceful and private...They were all nice. I saw different nurses each visit. Very prompt when replying to me on the patient portal.
How was your experience with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I had a couple of options ahead of me. He was honest in giving me his opinion about what I should try first and what my odds may be. He listens and cares not just about me but also my partner. As a queer person that is so important to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Make a list of questions, he'll answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Agarwal has such a warm and generous spirit. He always answers all of my questions and provides me with detailed information. I never feel rushed or like I my questions are silly. I also feel like he cares about my specific situation and want to give me care that will work to reach my goals
Describe the protocols Sanjay Agarwal used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I went to him for all of my initial testing, we discussed my options, we decided to move forward with IUI after considering what would work best for my partner and I. We discussed whether or not to do a medicated round and just as things were going to get started COVID-19 happened so I don't know how things will turn out.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The doctor's office was very pleasant. Very clean and nicely updated. It's a bit quiet which I found to be nice as it felt peaceful. This is such an unnerving situation it was nice that the office felt calm and things felt peaceful and private.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I did not make it to this step
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Alexander Quaas] put me on Metformin for my PCOS to see if it would regulate my cycles. It did. We then added Letrozole, and we were pregnant...He always takes the time to stop and speak with me personally everytime I am at the office. Even if it's for blood labs and not a scheduled appointment with him, he'll come to the lab to say hello...He is kind and patient with my questions. He treats me like an individual, not just a patient. We were successful in pregnancy our 2nd timed intercourse cycle with him, however that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. He was so sweet and gentle with explaining our loss. I truly appreciated that during such a delicate and emotional situation. We are getting ready to try again, and I know that he will help us be successful again.
They [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] are open every day of the year, which is wonderful with how quickly ovulation comes and goes. The front desk staff, billing, and nursing staff are all very professional, well educated in fertility, and welcoming. I have not come across any weaknesses to note here...He [Dr. Alexander Quaas] put me on Metformin for my PCOS to see if it would regulate my cycles. It did. We then added Letrozole, and we were pregnant...He always takes the time to stop and speak with me personally everytime I am at the office. Even if it's for blood labs and not a scheduled appointment with him, he'll come to the lab to say hello...He is kind and patient with my questions. He treats me like an individual, not just a patient. We were successful in pregnancy our 2nd timed intercourse cycle with him, however that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. He was so sweet and gentle with explaining our loss. I
Dr. Quaas is an amazing doctor. He is kind and patient with my questions. He treats me like an individual, not just a patient. We were successful in pregnancy our 2nd timed intercourse cycle with him, however that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. He was so sweet and gentle with explaining our loss. I truly appreciated that during such a delicate and emotional situation. We are getting ready to try again, and I know that he will help us be successful again.
He put me on Metformin for my PCOS to see if it would regulate my cycles. It did. We then added Letrozole, and we were pregnant.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are open every day of the year, which is wonderful with how quickly ovulation comes and goes. The front desk staff, billing, and nursing staff are all very professional, well educated in fertility, and welcoming. I have not come across any weaknesses to note here.
My insurance covered all for TI. If we needed IUI, it would be $275 total before meds.
La Jolla
Everyone [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] is always so patient with us whenever we have had had any questions....They have been kind and caring. Its apparent that they love what they do and that is a testament to how the entire clinic operates.... I do not think this is a weakness - but an opportunity for process improvement. Sitting down with the financial coordinator early on would have been helpful. We already knew what to expect as far as the cost, but needed a little more hand holding.
From the moment we walked into his office, it was apparent that Dr. Garzo had already done his homework on as patients. He had read our medical history, as well as went over the test results from previous clinic we were working with. It was a relief that on the first visit we were able to get solid answer about our IVF plan, what the process entailed and how soon we would start. Every visit with Dr. Garzo has been equally satisfying. He takes his time explaining what is happening and why adjustments needs to be made. I love his optimism and can trust him when he has to share any concerning news because he always provides alternatives.
Dont shy from asking embarrassing or "dumb" questions, because there is nothing to hide from Dr. Garzo. He has always been professional and courteous with us. If anything he makes us feel like we have brought up a good point and appreciate us wanting to be knowledgeable patients.
Since day one, my husband and I have been warmly welcomed by not only Dr. Garzo, but his nurses and staff. Everyone is always so patient with us whenever we have had had any questions. My conversation isnt just limited to the nurse coordinator assigned to us. Any time I call office with questions regarding my treatment or dosage, there is always someone there willing to take my call answer my questions.
At this point, I am on Stem Day 5 of the IVF cycle, and I have only had to make one adjustment to my treatment. Dr. Garzo and our nurse coordinators were able to articulate the reason for the adjustment, answering all our questions.
Amy Nelson, our nurse coordinator, has been extremely patient with us!!! I have called/emailed her multiple times (a day) and she has been great about getting back to me in a very timely manner with answers to all my questions/concerns. i appreciate her expertise and knowledge about the whole process. Its been great working with her. I would also like to add that every one of the nursing staff has been wonderful to work with. They have been kind and caring. Its apparent that they love what they do and that is a testament to how the entire clinic operates.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I do not think this is a weakness - but an opportunity for process improvement. Sitting down with the financial coordinator early on would have been helpful. We already knew what to expect as far as the cost, but needed a little more hand holding. A part of it could have been that we just didn't know what questions to ask. The clinic's website also has a lot of useful resources which I happened to come across on my own.
So far we have only paid for 1 round of IVF. Even though Dr. Garzo recommended two rounds of IVF, my husband and I made the decision to only go for 1 round at this time.
No comment.
La Jolla
He talked to me and my partner like he was a part of our journey. He explained things in a way we can understand and answered all our questions. He gave us his personal cell number so we can always get in touch. He is also very funny! ... I don't remember the exact dosages but I know Dr. Quaas kept them low because I am so young he didn't wan't to hyper-stimulate me.
The office is small but by the time you are done you almost know everyone there which makes it feel like a second home. The parking does cost if you are there longer than 30 minutes but that is a minor inconvenience. The good they do out weighs that. ... Everyone at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center are amazing. They are so kind, caring and compassionate. Rachelle has been there every step of the way and is always there when I need her. She is great at communicating each stage of the process.
Dr. Quaas really cares about you. He talks you through every step in a clear way that you can understand. He made sure we understood every part of the process. He is your partner in the journey. He has a good sense of humor which is calming in a process like this.
Have time for each appointment he is chatty but in a good way!
I can't remember the protocol name. Nut the first step was determining my peak fertility, then I was on Estrace for one month. Then injections started. My injections were menopur and follistium. I then took two lupor trigger injections before the egg retrieval. I don't remember the exact dosages but I know Dr. Quaas kept them low because I am so young he didn't wan't to hyper-stimulate me. He paid close attention during my stimulation to make sure that didn't happen. I have only got to the egg retrieval and am waiting to do a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachelle)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Egg retrival - 12,500 Transfer (not yet done) - 3,000 Meds (so far) - 5,000 Our copay for ultrasound visits - 80
Dr. Quaas' approach is eSET. He says it's about quality not quantity.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Duleba] has a great bedside manner, we went through several setbacks and he made sure I fully understood the next step to ensure success. Those steps included multiple polyp removals, antibiotics, and time to recover so it took more time than I was initially ready for. He really wanted to ensure our success so he explained everything to us and allowed us to make the decisions with all of the information.
They [Repro Partners] have an amazing staff and are highly organized. Just don’t be surprised if the waiting room is often full, they work with a lot of patients. I honestly didn’t feel as though I was just a number- my nurse ensured I was always taken care of in every way. ... Alicia [nurse] was amazing and followed up regularly, communicated often and was great about answering questions.
He has a great bedside manner, we went through several setbacks and he made sure I fully understood the next step to ensure success. Those steps included multiple polyp removals, antibiotics, and time to recover so it took more time than I was initially ready for. He really wanted to ensure our success so he explained everything to us and allowed us to make the decisions with all of the information.
Trust him. He really is extremely knowledgeable and has seen everything. He also is the Head of Reproductive Endocrinology at UCSD - so that says a ton.
He took the time to walk my husband and myself through every step of the egg retrieval process. I had several polyps which resulted in several surgeries because they didn’t want to implant anything in a hostile environment. Luckily, once those were gone after a few surgeries I was able to implant a single embryo and it took. I’m now due in 7 weeks - after trying to conceive for 8 years! We started this process in another state and worked with another doctor and when we moved here I was blessed to come across Reproductive Partners and was able to get into see Dr. Duleba. He was absolutely amazing and really walked me through ever single step of this very long process- but wanted to ensure success.
Initially the strategy was to retrieve the eggs and then freeze the newly created embryo for best results. We ended up having to go through 3 surgeries to remove polyps prior to implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alicia )
Alicia was amazing and followed up regularly, communicated often and was great about answering questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It is a great clinic - just very busy. They have an amazing staff and are highly organized. Just don’t be surprised if the waiting room is often full, they work with a lot of patients. I honestly didn’t feel as though I was just a number- my nurse ensured I was always taken care of in every way.
Unfortunately my health insurance didn’t cover much so most costs besides testing for infertility were out of pocket. I believe the retrieval was around $10,000 including all of the drugs and the FET was around $3,000 including all of the drugs. Monthly storage costs start around $75 a month and increase after a year, while a sperm sample is around $75 per quarter.
I initially wanted to try for 2 embryos but Dr. Duleba really showed me statistics on success rates and healthy birth rates and so we only implanted one - and it took!
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Of all the things I only had one day where my results and medication numbers weren’t updated and I had to call. Of all the times I went through this (due to the retrieval and then FET) only once.
La Jolla

He [Dr. Duleba] took the time to listen to my concerns and patiently address them... He validated some of my concerns with my previous protocols and was willing to try different methods. He felt invested in my care, and though he can be cheesy, it felt like he cared whether we succeeded or failed. I had many, many questions, and he was mostly patient about addressing them. It is a busy clinic, but he made every effort to make time.
Charlene [nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is great, but this clinic is very busy, and she is not there all days. They prefer voicemail over email, which I find hard to manage. It is easier for me to send and receive information over email...The other challenge is reaching the embryologist. They provide updates via phone only, and only in person, no voicemail. While I appreciate the personal touch, it is impossible to live waiting for the phone to ring. If you miss their call, there is no option to call back for the embryology lab, you have to wait for the next day. This was a nerve-wracking experience. The staff is wonderful, some of their processes suck.
He took the time to listen to my history and concerns. He validated some of my concerns with my previous protocols and was willing to try different methods. He felt invested in my care, and though he can be cheesy, it felt like he cared whether we succeeded or failed. I had many, many questions, and he was mostly patient about addressing them. It is a busy clinic, but he made every effort to make time.
He specializes in treating endometriosis. I do not have this, but I was very satisfied with my care.
He took the time to listen to my concerns and patiently address them
Antagonist with mid-luteal estrace, HGH and androderm patches and gel
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene)
Charlene is great, but this clinic is very busy, and she is not there all days. They prefer voicemail over email, which I find hard to manage. It is easier for me to send and receive information over email.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Strength: Cozy atmosphere, very pleasant staff. Weaknesses: Very busy, very crowded. Equipment and rooms look old, and like they haven't been updated in decades. No direct line to embryologist, and no email updates, which means you live your life waiting for the phone to ring.
12,500 + meds + PGT
eSET
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
The pharmacy ordering was complicated, as I was trying to get the best price from different pharmacies. Communicating what to order from where, and updates on when the order had been placed was difficult for this clinic. They were flexible, and very helpful, but they are too busy for this level of communication. The other challenge is reaching the embryologist. They provide updates via phone only, and only in person, no voicemail. While I appreciate the personal touch, it is impossible to live waiting for the phone to ring. If you miss their call, there is no option to call back for the embryology lab, you have to wait for the next day. This was a nerve-wracking experience. The staff is wonderful, some of their processes suck.
Treated 2013 - 2019
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Garzo. I went in to freeze eggs at age 35. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and cysts that would arise, this took two cycles over the course of about 1.5 years. Dr. Garzo and his team were so patient with all of my questions and concerns.... Dr. Garzo was great at adjusting my treatment and getting the best results we could. He presented as extremely knowledgeable and confident in his treatment plan.
All of the staff [Reproductive Fertility Center] are friendly, professional, and seem to genuinely care about you. A huge strength of the clinic is that your doctor sees you for ALL ultrasounds, which is not the norm in other clinics.... My two rounds of egg freezing were about $20,000, with another $20,000 total in medications. My current IVF cycle will be approximately $10,000.... I had 3-4 primary nurses over the years. They all are prompt in calling me back, are patient in explaining things to me, and are knowledgeable.
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Garzo. I went in to freeze eggs at age 35. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and cysts that would arise, this took two cycles over the course of about 1.5 years. Dr. Garzo and his team were so patient with all of my questions and concerns. This is an emotional process and he and his nurses would comfort me when I had setbacks. Dr. Garzo was great at adjusting my treatment and getting the best results we could. He presented as extremely knowledgeable and confident in his treatment plan. He has decades of knowledge and expertise that allows him to adjust his treatment plans accordingly and get great results. Five years later, we are now in the process of unfreezing my eggs and doing IVF with Dr. Garzo. I have full trust in him and his team and wish I could see Dr. Garzo for all of my healthcare issues!
Present your desires and concerns and then trust he and his staff completely. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Garzo was always very patient and kind with me, listening to my concerns and warmly supporting me through disappointments I would have.
I don't remember the egg retrieval procedures. Currently we are doing a fresh IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Various over the years--currently Amy Nelson)
I had 3-4 primary nurses over the years. They all are prompt in calling me back, are patient in explaining things to me, and are knowledgeable. They are always warm and supportive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All of the staff are friendly, professional, and seem to genuinely care about you. A huge strength of the clinic is that your doctor sees you for ALL ultrasounds, which is not the norm in other clinics.
I know he prefers a since embryo transfer.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Agarwal] went above and beyond to make me feel important and really showed how much he cared about his patients...I instantly felt comfortable with him and trusted that he would be able to help me have a baby. He was understanding when I was emotional and always wanted my opinion on the plan of care. He was also honest and told me that after 4 Iuis the chance of conceiving was very low and we should move on to IVF.
For my retrieval [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] we got 33 eggs and after everything 13 made it to freeze...Natalie [nurse] was amazing. She always kept me informed and never failed to answer a question or return a phone call. She was kind and compassionate and highly intelligent. From the beginning I knew I was in good hands...The retrieval cycle was around 16,000.00 without meds and the transfer was around 3,000.00 without meds. Appointments with ultrasounds and bloodwork ran about 3-400.00 each once a cycle was done. Overall we spent around 40,000.00 with meds and everything
He was kind and compassionate. He also brought humor to the very anxious appointments. He went above and beyond to make me feel important and really showed how much he cared about his patients. I had switched to him from a different facility where I had felt like a number. From the first meeting I instantly felt comfortable with him and trusted that he would be able to help me have a baby. He was understanding when I was emotional and always wanted my opinion on the plan of care. He was also honest and told me that after 4 Iuis the chance of conceiving was very low and we should move on to IVF. I was lucky enough to have him as my IVF doctor as well. He always made me laugh and told me he would get me pregnant he felt very strongly it would work. He insisted on doing another hysteroscopy before transfer. He wanted to make my uterus perfect, and it did because I’m now holding my 3 month old. He called me several times throughout treatment to check on me and after my son was born he came to the hospital and visited us. He is such a warm and caring doctor and is the top fertility doctor at UCSD and I would recommend him to anyone.
Listen to him and trust him, he knows what he is doing.
He has an amazing bedside manner very warm but also very transparent. He was unable to do my retrieval due to a work trip but called me the night before and after to check on me and follow up with how I was feeling. He also called me after my transfer and visited me in the hospital when I had my baby after my successful IVF cycle with him.
When I transferred to him we were starting my third iui cycle. He decided to try clomid because my previous cycles were with letrozole and hadnt really had a good result from that medication. I did a cycle with clomid and it was negative. We then decided together to do injectables for my 4th iui and I used gonal f and that was also negative. For my egg retrieval process I used gonal f and menopur for stims. My estradiol and follicles really responded so I was started on ganirelix to prevent ovulation and dostinex to prevent OHSS. My estradiol was very high and my follicle count was around 40-50 so he decided to Coast and I did not do any injections the last day of stims. For my retrieval we got 33 eggs and after everything 13 made it to freeze. He automatically does icsi and only does frozen transfers. He also will only transfer one embryo if you are under a certain age. He feels he wants one healthy baby instead of twins who have growth issues or have health problems. He insisted on doing a 3rd hysteroscopy before the transfer so I was started on birth control which i also took before retrieval. When it came time to do the transfer I was started on estrogen patches and endometrin vagina suppositories. A week before the transfer I started pio shots. I continued the shots and suppositories until about 91/2 weeks when I graduated to my OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
Natalie was amazing. She always kept me informed and never failed to answer a question or return a phone call. She was kind and compassionate and highly intelligent. From the beginning I knew I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This clinic treats you like a person not a number. Everyone who is working greets you with a smile on their face. Janet who is at the front desk was a bright light and always compliment me on my outfit which means a lot when you are going through the emotional and stressful IVF circle. Jena was my favorite medical assistant. I was a hard poke and she would get it almost every time. She would always check in with me even if she wasn’t taking care of me that day. When my numbers weren’t looking good she was a shoulder to cry on and when my numbers came up she celebrated with me. She was in the room and helped transfer my baby boy and took pictures for me, even getting a group selfie with all of us and Dr. Agarwal. She was amazing.
I had no insurance coverage for IVF. The retrieval cycle was around 16,000.00 without meds and the transfer was around 3,000.00 without meds. Appointments with ultrasounds and bloodwork ran about 3-400.00 each once a cycle was done. Overall we spent around 40,000.00 with meds and everything
Describe Sanjay Agarwal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My Dr would not transfer more than one embryo because I was only 33. He felt very strongly about it. He had seen multiple embryo transfers go well but then the babies having health issues or being premature or sadly one of them dying. He wanted to give me one healthy baby and I agreed with him.
Treated 2015 - 2019
Dr. Garzo and his staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan. ... Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers. ... Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. ... We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. He's been compassionate and kind during any setbacks and has changed protocols when we've been less successful. We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
You've picked a great RE, trust him and be patient.
Dr. Garzo and his staff were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan.
Our primary nurse coordinator, Charlene, has been responsive and organized throughout our treatments. She honestly is the best healthcare professional that we've ever had!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
Our most recent IVF retrieval cost around $15k for the entire retrieval process (including monitoring appointments, PGS biopsy, etc) plus an additional $5k for medications and $2k for PGS testing. Our frozen embryo transfers cost around $3k each.
Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Quaas] really took the time to get to know us and our situation. Seemed like he really cared about us. Was always nice and personable. Never felt rushed....Easy to talk to. Never felt judged. Always gave us as much information as possible so we could make the best decision. Went above and beyond with respect to follow up and checking in to make sure everything was going great after the procedure.
All staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] are well organized, personable, and quality of treatment is top notch. We have had a issues getting a few things resolved with the finance department (emails that have not been returned regarding an issue with a claim form/billing). Always take early appointments if possible because parking can be a nightmare later in the day.
Be yourself and don't be afraid to convey any fears/questions/concerns. He will happily address all of them and guide you towards a treatment plan that works best for you.
He really took the time to get to know us and our situation. Seemed like he really cared about us. Was always nice and personable. Never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy N.)
Amy always kept us in the loop and responded quickly to emails and phone calls. We always felt that she had our best interest at heart at all times. The few times we interacted with other nursing staff, they went above and beyond as Amy did.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All staff are well organized, personable, and quality of treatment is top notch. We have had a issues getting a few things resolved with the finance department (emails that have not been returned regarding an issue with a claim form/billing). Always take early appointments if possible because parking can be a nightmare later in the day.
Our total costs for 2 egg retrievals including genetic testing and medications was roughly $45,000 before insurance reimbursement. The clinic was out of network and the treatments occurred during 2 different calendar years which increased our net cost slightly.
We are happy our doctor uses eSET because we specifically sought out an expert in this.
La Jolla
Dr. Su talked to me about my needs and hopes and was able to recall and address my exact needs. She also was very clear about what to expect in the process. ... Dr. Su is very knowledgeable, she clearly explained to me my options and supported my decisions. throughout the process I felt comfortable expressing my concerns. I am very happy with how she treats me as a patient and a person.
The clinic [Repro Partners Fertility Center] is spacious and comfortable. The entire staff is welcoming and nice. All the doctors have great bed-side manner. ... My care coordinator and the entire staff are amazing - kind, patient, professional. I was very happy with everyone and felt comfortable. ... The wait time in the office is mostly very short. the were as accommodating for my schedule as possible and I was able to have my treatment while working full time.
To be patient with the process - Dr. Su has the experience and knowledge to help you.
the protocol included Follistim and Menapor injections, later on Ganirelix was added, and Pregnyl and Lupron to induce ovulation. I responded well to treatment. 9 eggs were retrieved, and I have 6 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Morrison)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is spacious and comfortable. The entire staff is welcoming and nice. All the doctors have great bed-side manner. The nursing staff is wonderful. The wait time in the office is mostly very short. the were as accommodating for my schedule as possible and I was able to have my treatment while working full time.
IVF cost, not covered by insurance was $12,500 (including and embryo transfer). This doesn't include monitoring (which was covered by my insurance) and medication.
My doctor and clinic have a preference for single embryo transfer.
La Jolla
I've been through four medicated cycles (currently in my 4th), with 3 IUIs [with Dr. Sanjay Agarwal]. I've been treated with Clomid and Letrozole, and progesterone to support my luteal phase... has been at almost every appointment and taken the time to answer all of my questions and concerns...He's responsive to my questions, he hasn't pushed me into any treatments, and has been kind throughout. As someone with unexplained infertility I do wish he was a bit more aggressive with my treatment, but I think that's more a symptom of my impatience and less about his quality of care.
[The nurses at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center are] Easy to communicate with, responsive, and helpful. No complaints!...Facility is nice, staff are great, and the other providers in the practice have been lovely the few times Dr Agarwal has been out of the office. They are familiar with our insurance (TRICARE), which has made things like coding for prescriptions incredibly helpful - nearly all costs other than my co-pay and IUI as a result have been covered thus far.
I'm still being seen by Dr Agarwal and have overall been very happy with my care. He's responsive to my questions, he hasn't pushed me into any treatments, and has been kind throughout. As someone with unexplained infertility I do wish he was a bit more aggressive with my treatment, but I think that's more a symptom of my impatience and less about his quality of care.
As an individual who likes to understand all the details, I have found it most beneficial to do my research and come with questions prepared as he likely won't outline every detail.
Dr Agarwal has been at almost every appointment and taken the time to answer all of my questions and concerns.
I've been through four medicated cycles (currently in my 4th), with 3 IUIs. I've been treated with Clomid and Letrozole, and progesterone to support my luteal phase.
Easy to communicate with, responsive, and helpful. No complaints!
Co-pay and IUI fees
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Quaas was extremely kind, had a great sense of humor and I felt super comfortable in his care....He was super compassionate, fun to talk to and always listened to all of my questions. His schedule was very flexible and the office was great.... We had severe MFI & my age left me with lower quality eggs. He pulled out almost all of the stops without going overboard to get me wonderful results.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners] got busy every once in a while, but nothing crazy. Most visits were right on time! The schedule was very flexible & I never had trouble getting in at a good time. Everyone was very helpful & always greeting you with a smile....I knew right away after meeting Dr. Quaas and his nurse Amy that I was in wonderful hands and I would bring home a baby one day thanks to them.
After our failed cycle at another clinic where I felt like just another number, I was very nervous to start all over again. I knew right away after meeting Dr. Quaas and his nurse Amy that I was in wonderful hands and I would bring home a baby one day thanks to them. He was super compassionate, fun to talk to and always listened to all of my questions. His schedule was very flexible and the office was great. I would recommend him to anyone needing his services without hesitation. As much as I am glad to be done with my IVF treatment thanks to his great care & treatment plan, I will miss him and his staff!
He is the best you will get without a doubt!
The nursing staff was AMAZING & Amy was beyond fantastic. I couldn't have asked for better.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic got busy every once in a while, but nothing crazy. Most visits were right on time! The schedule was very flexible & I never had trouble getting in at a good time. Everyone was very helpful & always greeting you with a smile.
Roughly 13k for retrieval process, about 10k+ for retrieval and transfer meds, 5k for various PGS testing and other costs
We only had one good embryo to use and he made it a success!
La Jolla
Dr. Quaas was very personable, realistic, and empathetic. With all of that he was very scientifically honest, discussing the best strategies for our success, the mechanisms to accomplish these strategies, and all of our choices along the way. ... We've met only once but it was a very informative visit. He not only provided full consultation, but performed ultrasound to inspect shape/position of uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes. He also identified and measured follicles.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] itself is very clean and comfortable, the process is efficient and the waiting is minimal. Everyone we communicated with was organized and professional. The doctor and nurses were well-briefed on our reason for visit and history. ... single embryo transfer is recommended ... single embryo transfer is recommended
Ask any and all questions. He will answer them to the best of his ability. Ask about fresh versus frozen transfer
We're going to try to get freshly donated eggs from a donor who hopefully looks like my wife and perform IVF using my sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is very clean and comfortable, the process is efficient and the waiting is minimal. Everyone we communicated with was organized and professional. The doctor and nurses were well-briefed on our reason for visit and history.
compensation to donor, treatment of donor, harvesting of eggs, cryopreservation of eggs, IVF, embryo transfer, cryopreservation of embryos, treatment during pregnancy all adds up to about 40K
single embryo transfer is recommended
La Jolla
Dr. Quads never rushed the appointments, always took the time to thoroughly explain what he was doing and why and even took the time to call me over the phone when some of my results about follicle numbers were not as we had hoped for. Genuine doctor with true care for his patients from my experience....From the beginning I felt a sense of ease with him. Super knowledgeable with a great bedside manner that is often a lost art in the medical field. He truly took time during our visits and I felt like his goal was to get me the best results possible
Overall great experience [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. Felt the financial piece could have been explained a bit better and reason for certain medications explained further. Apparently lots of choices regarding medication choices, would have liked more in depth explanation as to why this one was chosen....Efficient. Easy to get a hold of and talk to
Be open and ask as many questions as you need to. Don’t be shy, he is very approachable
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: AMy nelson )
Efficient. Easy to get a hold of and talk to
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Overall great experience. Felt the financial piece could have been explained a bit better and reason for certain medications explained further. Apparently lots of choices regarding medication choices, would have liked more in depth explanation as to why this one was chosen.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . ... Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
The finance people [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. ... I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. ... Charlene [nurse] is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money.
We have been seeing Dr. Garzo for a few years. We have had a few egg retrievals and 3 failed transfers. Even without success yet, I think Dr Garzo has done an amazing job. Every step of our treatment, he's analyzed the findings, considered them and adjusted accordingly or ordered more tests for thorough investigation. So, first, his medical practice and expertise are top notch. Beyond the medical, he is extremely kind, compassionate, patient and supportive. I thoroughly trust him. To be dilligent, along the way we sought a second opinion from a well known RE, and that just made it crystal clear that Dr. Garzo was who we belong with. He is a great doctor and clearly has integrity and his priority his patients.
Don't wait! Go see Dr. Garzo!
Dr. Garzo and Charlene ( nurse) are some of the best humans. They have constantly been supportive, caring and informative. They both have been extremely patient with us, taking the time to carefully and kindly answer all of our questions. Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . My protocol and meds were changed for the next retrieval and our next egg retrieval yielded much better results ( 3 frozen embryos). I've had hysterescopy, polyp removal and Depot lupron to treat adnomyosis before transfers. Currently, he's ordered a pelvic MRI to get a closer look at my uterus. He's been great at thoroughly investigating all avenues and making changes along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene King )
Charlene is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money. She's really the best nurse you could have!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. The finance people were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. No complaints really!

Treated 2015 - 2019
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr Su, while very matter of fact and somewhat robotic in nature, has an incredible ability to relate to her patients and takes a true interest in them and their experience. I felt like she cared and put us first at all times. She wanted it as bad as we did. I always felt comfortable because she created comfort. She explained everything clearly to us, answered our questions and gave us honest opinions when prompted.
Weakness - Billing process was slow and difficult to understand at times as bills lagged and weren't as consistent. They [Reproductive Partners Fertiliy Center] would work with us on billing, but you needed to follow closely. ... Strength - They are excellent at explaining options, walking you through the process, giving feedback, empathizing with you in tough times and celebrating any good news. They are also very organized, timely and consistent in their performance.
Ask lots of questions and don't be shy asking her to dumb things down for you.
I don't remember specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie Hetherington)
Strength - She was very thorough and compassionate. She made us feel comfortable. Weakness - Not the best at drawing blood from someone with small veins.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Strength - They are excellent at explaining options, walking you through the process, giving feedback, empathizing with you in tough times and celebrating any good news. They are also very organized, timely and consistent in their performance. Weakness - Billing process was slow and difficult to understand at times as bills lagged and weren't as consistent. They would work with us on billing, but you needed to follow closely.
Don't remember exactly. Much of it was covered by insurance.
I appreciated her approach in explaining both options and what they would consist of. She made it clear what either could result in mating it clear for us to decide on eSET.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He’s [Dr. Quaas] quirky and he talks a lot. You have to want the kind of doctor who sees past the clinical but also seems so passionate about reseArch and the fertility field. You also need to make sure you have a good amount of time for meetings with him - you could end up with a 30 minute conversation about soccer ;-) ... He really comes off like he wants to get to know you. He will engage with my husband about sports and things that make him feel included and talked to as well.
What i love is that every person - even billing, and the people who take your blood - seem to know what’s going on in your case and asks about how your feeling or how a specific drug or process is going. Everyone [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] makes you feel cared about, and taken care of. Our nurse coordinator is awesome. Super compassionate, easy to get a hold of, fields questions with ease, and will spend time explaining things.
He really comes off like he wants to get to know you. He will engage with my husband about sports and things that make him feel included and talked to as well. He lets us ask whatever question we have, and genuinely seems to take interest in helping when we have questions on things. He’s very compassionate, yet also extremely positive which helps takes the stress off of something that is truly hard to go through.
He’s quirky and he talks a lot. You have to want the kind of doctor who sees past the clinical but also seems so passionate about reseArch and the fertility field. You also need to make sure you have a good amount of time for meetings with him - you could end up with a 30 minute conversation about soccer ;-)
He’s quirky but extremely friendly, caring. And seems to really want to get to know his patients. He regularly spends time with us, even if we don’t have a scheduled appointment - for example if we are in for a blood draw - he will stop and chat with us. He engages on things to get to know us as people and a couple, and makes us feel like be really wants to help us grow our family.
Very low dose stimulation for the retrieval because of my previous cycle getting so many eggs, but we still got a lot of eggs. We used I think 75 of menopur and 50 of gonal-f but I can’t totally remember. Also used a steroid, and baby aspirin and a z-pack before. For the transfer, estrogen patches, progesterone in oil, a few days of steroid and a few days of antibiotics but I didn’t take them per a recommendation for my specific case.
What i love is that every person - even billing, and the people who take your blood - seem to know what’s going on in your case and asks about how your feeling or how a specific drug or process is going. Everyone makes you feel cared about, and taken care of. Our nurse coordinator is awesome. Super compassionate, easy to get a hold of, fields questions with ease, and will spend time explaining things.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The office isn’t huge, and we love that. We also love that we see our doctor for every scan and procedure. The nursing staff is on point with knowing your case and being compassionate and interested. You feel like a person, not a walking dollar sign. Even the billing and Insurance departments are super helpful and nice. The biggest weakness is honestly the parking lot. It’s not fun and I’m scared I’ll hit someone. Also, they could use some more pictures and things on the walls. On one hand - you feel like the pictures of Kids and things are genuine, and the offices with no pictures are there and money is spent elsewhere. On the other hand, it could make some of the rooms feel a little less clinical with a picture or two
I’m not 100% sure. I believe a retrieval is about $10k and a transfer is $2k
It seems to be standard practice in their office.
La Jolla
Dr. Garzo does all his work - ultrasounds , retrievals etc. I saw Dr Garzo at every appointment I had which made me feel like I was truly cared about. He also gave me a personalized protocol. ... He takes the time to answer every question you have. You can really tell he cares about his patients and results. ... I have DOR/low AMH. I “primed” with estrace and testosterone gel for approximately 4 weeks. I then started “the stims”.
The waiting room is small but I understand space is limited here [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. The billing department and receptionist are all very friendly. The girls doing the blood draws are also very friendly and willing to answer any questions. ... I loved my nurse ! She was absolutely amazing and I am certain I could not have completed the cycle without all her help. She was always there to answer questions and guide me along this journey. I am so thankful for all her help !
I had a great experience with Dr. Garzo! We are so happy we chose him to be our doctor. He gave me a personalized protocol that he thought would beat suit our infertility situation. I got to see Dr Garzo at every visit. He takes the time to answer every question you have. You can really tell he cares about his patients and results.
I would advice all patients to ask questions and then ask more questions. It’s so important to feel confident in your doctors protocol and abilities.
Dr. Garzo is an amazing doctor! He takes the time to listen to all your questions and answer each one. Dr. Garzo does all his work - ultrasounds , retrievals etc. I saw Dr Garzo at every appointment I had which made me feel like I was truly cared about. He also gave me a personalized protocol.
I have DOR/low AMH. I “primed” with estrace and testosterone gel for approximately 4 weeks. I then started “the stims”. I took follistim and menopur nightly. I also took 100mg of clomid nightly. Every morning I took a steroid pill. To keep me from ovulating , I was on ganirelix shot in the AM. I also added HGH on cycle day 6 till retrial. I stimmed for 11 days and had a “double trigger”
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Fuller )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is great. The waiting room is small but I understand space is limited here. The billing department and receptionist are all very friendly. The girls doing the blood draws are also very friendly and willing to answer any questions.
We have paid approximately 22k for one retrieval with meds and PGS testing.
We have not done a transfer yet but Dr Garzo is pro elective single embryo transfer.