Genetic counseling: Offered
510 N. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
13950 Milton Ave
Westminster, CA 92683
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Medical Group to a friend?

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Huang does his best to make you feel like you are important rather than one of the conveyer belt patients...What distinguishes Dr. Huang from other doctors I've had previously is that he provides you with his cell phone number and actually responds to your questions/concerns quite promptly. A few days after the egg retrieval I landed in the ER and was admitted to hospital where I spent one week...was in contact with the hospital doctors as well as with my worried husband to monitor my treatment/progress. Dr. Huang even came to visit me at the hospital on the day of my release. This definitely made me feel like one in a million.
This clinic [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] is a very popular and busy clinic, and their waiting area is a testament to that. At any given time during morning and/or early afternoon, the place is crowded with lots of people not having place to sit. Sometimes, this business manifests itself in doctors/nurses not being totally familiar with your chart...One of the biggest negative for this clinic is their nursing staff. Rather than being assigned to a particular nurse or a team of nurses, I am being bounced from one nurse to another. As expected, this creates lack of organization, miscommunication and often confusion. Additionally, nurses are almost impossible to reach on the phone even after leaving numerous message. At times it feels like I have a better chance to reach the White House than any nurse at the clinic.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What distinguishes Dr. Huang from other doctors I've had previously is that he provides you with his cell phone number and actually responds to your questions/concerns quite promptly. A few days after the egg retrieval I landed in the ER and was admitted to hospital where I spent one week. The diagnosis was either a post-retrieval raptured ovarian cyst or a reopening of one of the cuts made during the procedure that resulted in a massive internal bleeding that eventually prompted a blood transfusion. I will spare you the gruesome details and recounting of the excruciating pain I felt, but will say that Dr. Huang was in contact with the hospital doctors as well as with my worried husband to monitor my treatment/progress. Dr. Huang even came to visit me at the hospital on the day of my release. This definitely made me feel like one in a million.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Understand that Dr. Huang/the clinic in general is very busy and sees a lot of different patients on a daily basis. This does not mean that you will not get Dr. Huang's undecided attention and full expertise even if sometimes he will forget certain things from your chart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
This clinic is a very popular and busy clinic, and their waiting area is a testament to that. At any given time during morning and/or early afternoon, the place is crowded with lots of people not having place to sit. Sometimes, this business manifests itself in doctors/nurses not being totally familiar with your chart. Having said that, Dr. Huang does his best to make you feel like you are important rather than one of the conveyer belt patients.
Describe the protocols Andy Huang used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of IUI with no positive results. However, this was prior to seeing Dr. Huang. I am currently in a process of the first round of IVF. Due to the age factor, genetic testing of the embryos was strongly recommended and obtained. Additionally, Dr. Huang did a mock cycle to do the ERA test which essentially assesses uterine receptivity.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic's definite weakness is the waiting time. Perhaps the appointments should be scheduled with ample time in between them in order to avoid such long waiting time. Additionally, the waiting room in the clinic is relatively small and 4/5 times becomes overcrowded with people not finding place to sit and being forced to stand or to go outside.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I am one of the fortunate ones that have a health insurance covering at least partial cost. What I can state is that my insurance allows for a life time limit of $30K and I was advised that this would be allow me to undergo at least 2 rounds of IVF with, obviously, out of pocket contribution.
Describe Andy Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I am yet to have this conversation with Dr. Huang. However, from our previous multiple discussions I learned that Dr. Huang strongly prefers single embryo transfer which he explains is less exhaustive on the female body.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Once again, due to my chart not being assigned to a particular nurse, things would fall through the cracks. When everyone is in charge, no one is in charge. As such, certain medications were not ordered, I was asked to sign the same form at least 3 times, and I had to call to find out test results after patiently waiting for days.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.

We transferred two embryos due to my age, but Dr Huang was very transparent about the pros and cons of choosing that route. ... Dr Huang used an aggressive approach during the stimulating process as in he tripled the dose initially used by our first doctor. Dr. Huang is a numbers guy so the strategy was quantity to increase our chances. ... Dr. Huang is an incredible communicator. He's caring, approachable, knowledgable, and transparent.
Reproductive Partners strengths are their warmth, knowledge, empathy and patience in walking us through the journey. ... At Reproductive Partners, we were greeted with warm smiles and friendly faces, plus a feeling that the entire team was rooting for us! Infertility is such an isolating journey and working with Reproductive Partners felt like you had a team looking out for your best interests.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Huang is an incredible communicator. He's caring, approachable, knowledgable, and transparent. My husband and I miscarried at 8 weeks and Dr. Huang was unbelievable in how he handled the situation. We felt so much love and support during such a heartbreaking time. We've completed the full cycle with Dr Huang -- from retrieval to transfer to DNC and I have nothing but good things to say about him and his bedside manner.
If you're looking for someone who truly has your back -- go with Dr Huang.
For the first time in our, at the time, 5 year journey, we felt like we had a team looking out for us and our best interests.
The nursing staff was very knowledgable about meds and tricks to ease bruising/pain. Some nurses were more empathetic than others, but that is to be expected, I suppose.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Reproductive Partners strengths are their warmth, knowledge, empathy and patience in walking us through the journey. Our first clinic felt like a sterile lab, couples would enter and leave like science experiments. At Reproductive Partners, we were greeted with warm smiles and friendly faces, plus a feeling that the entire team was rooting for us! Infertility is such an isolating journey and working with Reproductive Partners felt like you had a team looking out for your best interests.
$12,900 for retrieval, $3,900 for PGS testing, $6,000 for hormones, $2400 for transfer

2018 - 2020
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I came to [Dr. Amin] after suffering with chronic pelvic pain for 4 years. She listens, is extremely patient, and very conservative in my treatment given my current health. Her priority is to make sure I’m comfortable, healthy, and knowledgeable. I love her!... Very patient, answered all my questions, did not try to sell me or pressure me into treatment. I felt like I was treated as her first priority rather than her getting a good star for getting me pregnant.
Nursing staff [at Reproductive Partners Med Group] was great! I worked wi Monica and Stacy. All are wonderful!... Strength: great and friend staff, proactive on communicating prices, expectations of treatments, and show a lot of compassion. Weakness: for me it was just the location of the office. Super far from my home. But has nothing to do with the office.... Meds were roughly $6200, genetics $7,000, retrieval $1200. I think all in all roughly $30k
2018 - 2020
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Given my 4 year history with chronic pelvic pain and my concerns with how fertility treatment would affect my pain, she was and is the right doctor for me. Very patient, answered all my questions, did not try to sell me or pressure me into treatment. I felt like I was treated as her first priority rather than her getting a good star for getting me pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
She is honestly so great, I have no advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I came to her after suffering with chronic pelvic pain for 4 years. She listens, is extremely patient, and very conservative in my treatment given my current health. Her priority is to make sure I’m comfortable, healthy, and knowledgeable. I love her!
Describe the protocols Marli Amin used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
Started with meds/ IUI. I was on 2, 2.5 mg letrezole pills for 5 days. On the second round, we added estradiol to thicken my uterine lining. It caused a massive delay in ovulation. We had hoped to not start with injections given my pelvic pain. We then progressed to injections for IVF even though she expresses concern about me doing it because of how I reacted pain wise to the IUI. She was very conservative in my dosing. I don’t remember the exact protocol but I used gonal f, menapour, HCG, and I can’t remember the third injection or dose. We retrieved 28 eggs, 26 fertilized, 6 genetically viable, 15 embryos total on ice. She mentioned wanted to be conservative in stimulating time ensure better egg quality. No symptoms of OHSS. Due to covid 19, I am waiting for the next steps. I’m 36 in two weeks and very pleased with the result.
Nursing staff was great! I worked wi Monica and Stacy. All are wonderful!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I’m still in the middle of it, so I don’t know the exact total. Meds were roughly $6200, genetics $7,000, retrieval $1200. I think all in all roughly $30k
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Huang is kind and caring but relays information to you as if you are a statistic which feels very impersonal....[Protocol] Traditional stimulation using Menopur, Follstim and triggers...From being seen an hour to 2 hours late to feeling rushed in the room when you do finally get inside - it’s not what you expect from a top rated doctor. When you first meet with Dr Huang he takes you through numbers related to ivf and success- he does this with every patient and while this is helpful to know- it feel very impersonal. Everyone is different and you don’t feel unique at this clinic. Dr Huang will immediately give you access to his cell phone and ask to communicate with text or calls if there are any questions but it takes days sometimes to get a response.
I was assigned a nurse [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group] but I never saw her or communicated with her. Every time I went in it was a different nurse who wasn’t familiar with my case. There was an incident the very first time during an IUI where some of my paperwork wasn’t completed and they actually toile through to day of procedure without checking aid resulted in a cancelling the IUI. This was extremely careless and brings me back to the original point of everything being a bit crazy at this clinic
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Andy Huang is extremely kind, compassionate and caring but he takes on so many patients that you get lost in the mix. From being seen an hour to 2 hours late to feeling rushed in the room when you do finally get inside - it’s not what you expect from a top rated doctor. When you first meet with Dr Huang he takes you through numbers related to ivf and success- he does this with every patient and while this is helpful to know- it feel very impersonal. Everyone is different and you don’t feel unique at this clinic. Dr Huang will immediately give you access to his cell phone and ask to communicate with text or calls if there are any questions but it takes days sometimes to get a response.
I would only commit if you don’t work- and have plenty of time. The process for monitoring is long and tedious and it’s a bit of a zoo.
The clinic is extremely busy and regardless of having an appointment you still need to wait atleast an hour before being seen. Dr Huang is kind and caring but relays information to you as if you are a statistic which feels very impersonal.
Traditional stimulation using Menopur, Follstim and triggers
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: I was but I never saw her! )
I was assigned a nurse but I never saw her or communicated with her. Every time I went in it was a different nurse who wasn’t familiar with my case. There was an incident the very first time during an IUI where some of my paperwork wasn’t completed and they actually toile through to day of procedure without checking aid resulted in a cancelling the IUI. This was extremely careless and brings me back to the original point of everything being a bit crazy at this clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths - centrally located - kind staff - compassionate Weaknesses - overbooked and too many patients - lack of attention to detail - made to feel like a statistic - impersonal - major errors made with paperwork and authorization forms - rotating doctors - if you want to see dr Huang exclusively you may have to travel to Redondo beach to his second practice - made to feel rushed
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
As mentioned before- it’s atleast a one to two hour wait. I was working and very busy at the time and was always made to run late. They have zero consideration for your time
16-20k
+ Read more- Read less

I rarely saw Dr. Huang even after I told the clinic I only wanted to see Dr. Huang because all the other doctors there did not really pay attention to which medication I was on or how many cycles I did...He is a genial person but he seems to forget who I was or what kind of treatment I was going through because I only saw him 4 or 5 times in 6 months. He was never rude to me but whenever I told him how the nurses messed up something, he just showed empathy but did nothing...3 cycle of clomids and 2 cycles of letrozol. Every cycle, I had 3 ultrasound except for the last one (last one they found out I already ovulated so there was no 3rd ultrasound that cycle). I call them when I get my period and they tell me to come in on day 5 (sometimes day 3 or 4) for ultrasound. They put me on climid/letrozol from day 5 to day 10. Another ultrasound on day 11 or 12, another one on day 16 or 17.
They [nurses at Reproductive Partners Medical Group] don't communicate enough to convey important information...I wasn't very stressed that I wasn't getting pregnant but dealing with these nurses was the most stressful thing out of everything...You can never expect improvements from them because you see different nurses every visit (even after I told them I only wanted to see one specific nurse)...Every time I went to the clinic, I rarely saw Dr. Huang even after I told the clinic I only wanted to see Dr. Huang because all the other doctors there did not really pay attention to which medication I was on or how many cycles I did. They seemed to be treating me as if I was just one of those young infertile women who should just be patient. One of the doctors miscalculated my ovulation date and we totally missed our window one cycle. I flipped out because basically we wasted this cycle due to their misjudgment. They didn't even apologize and one of the doctors I saw that day (Not Dr. Huang) got m
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Please at least memorize which treatment I was going through and advise nurses not to be rude and mess up doses of my medication and genetics tests. Most importantly, please tell them to communicate more. Their lack of communication made me not want to go to the clinic again. I cannot trust them.
Dr. Huang seemed nice but he probably deals with so many patients that he did not seem to care about me. He told me I was one of the youngest patients at the clinic and I had unexplained infertility. He just put me on clomid for 3 cycles and then on letrozol for 2 cycles. Every time I went to the clinic, I rarely saw Dr. Huang even after I told the clinic I only wanted to see Dr. Huang because all the other doctors there did not really pay attention to which medication I was on or how many cycles I did. They seemed to be treating me as if I was just one of those young infertile women who should just be patient. One of the doctors miscalculated my ovulation date and we totally missed our window one cycle. I flipped out because basically we wasted this cycle due to their misjudgment. They didn't even apologize and one of the doctors I saw that day (Not Dr. Huang) got mad at me for flipping out.
Most of them are so rude but there are a few that are nice. They messed up so many things during the 6 months I went there. They are so incompetent that they don't take notes of what I had already said so there is no improvement after I complained about them. They don't communicate enough to convey important information. My husband and I had to retake the genetic screening tests because the nurses ordered different panels for me and my husband. After I found that out, I called them to make an appointment for ultrasound and another genetic test but when I went in, the nurse I saw that day wasn't aware of my situation and she insisted that there was only one type of test even though I already talked to the manager nurse and she agreed that we could retake the tests for free of charge since it was their mistake.There are many other things the nurses messed up but I won't write it here because it will be too long. I already changed the clinics after going there for 6 months. It felt like a huge waste of time and money. I wasn't very stressed that I wasn't getting pregnant but dealing with these nurses was the most stressful thing out of everything.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The nurses don't communicate well. You can never expect improvements from them because you see different nurses every visit (even after I told them I only wanted to see one specific nurse). Some nurses and doctors act like they care about you but I don't really trust them. One of the receptionist is not useful either. My pharmacy needed to verify the dose of my medication so they called the clinic but the pharmacist called me to call them to expedite the process since it was Saturday and they needed the verification before the clinic closed. I called once and the receptionist goes, "the nurse will call them shortly." One hour later, still nothing. I thought the pharmacy forgot to call me so I called them but the pharmacist said still nothing so I called the clinic again and the receptionist said the same thing. It was getting close to noon so I called the clinic again for the third time and I asked the receptionist if I could talk to the nurse and she finally put me through but the nurse didn't know about it and she asked me where my pharmacy was. (I gave my pharmacy info a waaaaay long ago when I first started going to the clinic. They are super disorganized.) Not only the nurses but also the receptionists and the nurses don't communicate well. They gave me so much stress. I would never go back there again.
Spent about $500 in 6 months. (All the tests, 3 cycles of clomid and 2 cycles of letrozol)
I never went into IVF
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
They ordered different genetic tests for me and my husband and we ended up retaking the tests. The nurses did not aware of the mistake even though I called them in advance and let them know. I don't know if it's the receptionist fault but there was so much miscommunication. The nurse told me I needed to have an appointment for that but I already told the receptionist so I was so mad at the fact that the nurse treated me like a crazy patient who demanded it on the spot. Also, one of the nurses almost order the wrong does (double the dose of what I needed). You can just sit there and trust them. You have to be vigilant.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Amin is amazing. After IUI I was having the WORST cramping just like my premenstrual endo cramping normally is. She took the time to call me after my husband had called to check on me and see how I was doing. I truly feel like she cares about me as a person/patient and wants to see me starting my family...we started driving 80 miles one way to see Dr Amin and let me tell you she’s worth it...All of our questions were answered in a couple virtually pain free office visits and the only stress being the drive on the 91 to get to her :).
This clinic [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] is great. Clean. Spa like feel. The only issue we’ve had is with office staff having issues getting previous records and not letting us know so that we could intervene. EVERYONE has truly been amazing and I adore each and every one of them...As of now we’ve just done letrozole and IUI...Just one thing with a nurse stating that my HSG had to be done during CD 10-14 and that it could be done on weekends if necessary. When it came time to schedule we were told they didn’t do procedures like HSG on weekends and since I was on birth control (as I had been for months prior) my CD didn’t matter. Minor annoyance but overall no harm no foul :)
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
She is so amazing. There aren’t enough kind adjectives to describe her in my opinion. After our first RE which traumatized us we started driving 80 miles one way to see Dr Amin and let me tell you she’s worth it. The previous RE always left us with more anxiety than reassurance and questions than answers. NOT with Dr Amin. The exact opposite with her. All of our questions were answered in a couple virtually pain free office visits and the only stress being the drive on the 91 to get to her :).
Come with your questions ready and do some research. Expect to receive the most compassionate care you’ll ever get
As of now we’ve just done letrozole and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
All of the nurses have been amazing to say the least. We adore Stacy and Dawn. Patty has been great too but we’ve had limited interaction with her
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
This clinic is great. Clean. Spa like feel. The only issue we’ve had is with office staff having issues getting previous records and not letting us know so that we could intervene. EVERYONE has truly been amazing and I adore each and every one of them
Mostly copays and toll lane fees. Trigger shot was not covered but everything else has been so far under my insurance plan
Describe Marli Amin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Yee approached us from the very beginning warmly and kindly. He always remembered us and our particular situation, which although a large clinic made me feel less like a number...explained everything very thoroughly when we initially went in for consultation...I did feel that my protocol was never explained to me and while it worked out in the end in regards to retrieval numbers, not exactly knowing how or what the stimulation cycle and the meds being used was going to go was a bit frustrating. I had to "trust the process" per say. Any questions I had, I could always ask Dr. Yee or one of the other doctors.
[Reproductive Partners Medical Group] is a very busy clinic, you will feel initially like you are being treated like a number. But the Doctors and staff compassion shines through the chaos and you begin to feel like you are in good hands no matter the outcome. The doctors were friendly but pragmatic and I appreciated the candid responses from everyone on the team. The surgical center was fantastic, all the nurses and anesthesiologist were great. Go in with your research done so you know what to ask and what to expect. Go in with realistic expectations.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino, Black or African-American
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Yee explained everything very thoroughly when we initially went in for consultation. This is good if you are starting from scratch and do not understand the IVF process, for me based on all the research i had done prior- i personally didn't need a full breakdown. It was helpful for my partner though. I did feel that my protocol was never explained to me and while it worked out in the end in regards to retrieval numbers, not exactly knowing how or what the stimulation cycle and the meds being used was going to go was a bit frustrating. I had to "trust the process" per say. Any questions I had, I could always ask Dr. Yee or one of the other doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Ask questions. Be your own advocate and go in prepared.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Describe the protocols Bill Yee used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
I was placed on an aggressive typical antagonist hcg cycle. I believe this protocol was chosen due to what appeared on paper; age diminished ovarian reserve and borderline AMH numbers. In the end, I was an excellent responder despite my age and was able to retrieve, test & freeze far more then what Dr Yee and his colleagues had predicted as a possibility.
Initially before starting the stimulation protocol, while always great about returning calls, answering questions was a bit like pulling teeth. Once out of the testing "holding" pattern and starting the protocol, the various nurses who treated me were great and encouraging. Their follow-up after each appointment was timely. Everyone was on surface very nice, but kept their professional distance which was fine.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
This is a very busy clinic, you will feel initially like you are being treated like a number. But the Doctors and staff compassion shines through the chaos and you begin to feel like you are in good hands no matter the outcome. The doctors were friendly but pragmatic and I appreciated the candid responses from everyone on the team. The surgical center was fantastic, all the nurses and anesthesiologist were great. Go in with your research done so you know what to ask and what to expect. Go in with realistic expectations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Fortunately I have infertility insurance coverage, so I am not sure the exact cost. However, even with insurance those cost has proven to still be pretty hefty. In the ballpark of around 8K
Describe Bill Yee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
The follow up during the initial infertility testing (with outside lab) was slow. I had to call to update the clinic with my result and ask what the next step was. Outside of stimulation protocol and what I imagine during fresh or frozen transfer, the focus is a little lax.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.

Dr. Ambartsumyan is very empathetic, caring, and accessible. She gives her patients her personal email and cell phone and encourages them to be in touch with any questions or concerns. She is highly responsive and very open to collaborative thinking in terms of treatment, but she will also give you her best recommendation without being pushy. She exudes humanity and obviously cares very, very much about her patients...Insist on seeing her directly whenever possible.
They [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] are VERY busy. The wait times are LONG. That being said — they are very busy presumably because a lot of people are choosing them for their reproductive care. And the wait times are long because the doctors give every patient the time they need...you must be your own advocate, as I found that the nurses are overwhelmed and can let things slip through the cracks if you do not stay on top of your treatment plan.
How was your experience with Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Insist on seeing her directly whenever possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Describe the protocols Gayane Ambartsumyan used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
Nov 2018 Clomid + IUI (Chemical pregnancy) Dec 2018 Clomin + IUI (Pregnancy — last 19.5 weeks, terminated due to trisomy) June 2019 IVF — 4 blastocysts, 1 PGS normal August 2019 IVF — 4 blastocysts, 1 PGS normal
This is a very busy office and you must be your own advocate, as I found that the nurses are overwhelmed and can let things slip through the cracks if you do not stay on top of your treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They are VERY busy. The wait times are LONG. That being said — they are very busy presumably because a lot of people are choosing them for their reproductive care. And the wait times are long because the doctors give every patient the time they need.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
In the neighborhood of $25K, part of which is out of pocket and part of which is covered by my insurance.
Describe Gayane Ambartsumyan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
She has a strong preference for eSET.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
There were a few instances where the nurses said something would happen (like a calendar of when to take medicine, and which type to take) would be sent to me, and it never happened. Or I was told to take medicine in the evening when it turns out I was supposed to take it in the morning.
+ Read more- Read less

planning on an IVF cycle with the necessary medication and injections, which would have hopefully resulted in a successful retrieval, followed by genetic testing, and then implantation [with Dr. Gregory Rosen]...he explains things in a manner that are maybe more thorough and technical... with a side of light-heartedness. That's how I felt every time I saw or spoke with him, by phone, in person, AND over text. He was thorough and kind, and I appreciated that so much...through the pregnancy that was a result of my husband and I trying naturally, and through the miscarriage that it ended in, unfortunately.
[The staff at Reproductive Partners Medical Group] really have been responsive to my questions, and also checked in with me even prior to starting any treatments with this clinic... really just kind and warm, and I felt like a person...always called back if I left a message (which I did a lot). They handled me with care, and kindness. A lovely team...$30,000-35,000 for a single IVF cycle...the rooms are clean and everything feels modern and up to date in terms of equipment. The BH clinic isn't huge so it feels less like a factory, and more human. The weakness for me was the finance lady I dealt with. I felt like she was a car salesman and I was buying a used car. Obviously you know what you're potentially in for when you are faced with infertility treatments but I felt like her approach was like the finance person you deal with when you're getting the car... it just didn't feel great. That was my least favorite part and I think she was my least favorite interaction.
How was your experience with Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Rosen is obviously a leader in this area. He doesn't relay that in an arrogant way but if you consult with at least one other doctor I think you'd find that he explains things in a manner that are maybe more thorough and technical... with a side of light-heartedness. That's how I felt every time I saw or spoke with him, by phone, in person, AND over text. He was thorough and kind, and I appreciated that so much...through the pregnancy that was a result of my husband and I trying naturally, and through the miscarriage that it ended in, unfortunately. I trusted his insight and intel, and even though we didn't get to the full IVF cycle yet, we hopefully will once I'm back to "normal".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Go see him. Ask any question... ask ALL the questions. He's patient and knowledgeable and if you decide you don't like him, he himself will tell you to see somebody else in his clinic. Be prepared to hear the reality of things, but also prepare for what could be the miracle or blessing you've been waiting for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Rosen and his nurses really have been responsive to my questions, and also checked in with me even prior to starting any treatments with this clinic... really just kind and warm, and I felt like a person. My husband and I had a consultation with him, and then literally found out I was pregnant as I was about to start treatment. They checked in with me and helped me through the miscarriage. It was exactly the kind of care I needed, and I'm especially grateful.
Describe the protocols Gregory Rosen used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
We were starting hormone patches, and then planning on an IVF cycle with the necessary medication and injections, which would have hopefully resulted in a successful retrieval, followed by genetic testing, and then implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
The entire staff was really sweet and warm, and always called back if I left a message (which I did a lot). They handled me with care, and kindness. A lovely team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The strengths are the doctors and nursing team, for sure. Also, the rooms are clean and everything feels modern and up to date in terms of equipment. The BH clinic isn't huge so it feels less like a factory, and more human. The weakness for me was the finance lady I dealt with. I felt like she was a car salesman and I was buying a used car. Obviously you know what you're potentially in for when you are faced with infertility treatments but I felt like her approach was like the finance person you deal with when you're getting the car... it just didn't feel great. That was my least favorite part and I think she was my least favorite interaction.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
$30,000-35,000 for a single IVF cycle
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I don't feel so strongly about this in a negative way...the fact is it didn't bother me very much. I emailed ultrasound pictures to the nurse who reviewed and was going to share with the doctor. I had an appointment a few days later (that's mainly why it wasn't a big deal to me... and we were already faced with knowing that this wasn't a viable pregnancy). Apparently the images weren't forwarded to the doctor.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.

She [Dr. Cassidenti] constantly asked If I was okay with all the information she was providing. ... She not once told me or insinuated that I was too young for this journey. ... She instantly requested bloodwork and advised for me to call on CD1 so we can get started with a PCT Test. ... During our Initial 2 hour consultation she constantly asked if I was okay with the information as she proceeded and if I wanted to hear more about other fertility treatments and etc. ...
Clinic [Repro Partners Med Grp] is always clean. They are always on time when taking appointments. I have never waited longer than my appointed time to be seen. They will also see you earlier if they are ahead of time. They do have several magazines to keep you entertained while waiting. ... When I called the nurses they were so helpful and promptly set up my appointment for my first ultrasound and got my bloodwork slip ready. They constantly called to follow up with me and provide me with Lab results and schedule future appointments.
How was your experience with Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I would like to start by stating that I’m excited to have found the Clinic of my Dreams after 4 years of infertility. About 2 months ago I started being seen by Dr. Cassidenti. As many of us who have been on this infertility journey know that when we start a new clinic we have about a million and one questions about whats going to happen. She answered EVERY SINGLE one throughly during our initial consultation and ended it with “We won’t stop until you conceive and deliver”. That itself made me feel so confident and radiated positivity which is what we all need when battling Infertility. During our Initial 2 hour consultation she constantly asked if I was okay with the information as she proceeded and if I wanted to hear more about other fertility treatments and etc. Appointments can be overwhelming with information so for her to do that felt amazing and made me feel she genuinely cared about my emotions. I was coming from Clinics that constantly told me to “relax” and “worry” more about my credit score than trying so hard to get pregnant because I was so young to be a mother. She not once told me or insinuated that I was too young for this journey. She instantly requested bloodwork and advised for me to call on CD1 so we can get started with a PCT Test. When I called the nurses they were so helpful and promptly set up my appointment for my first ultrasound and got my bloodwork slip ready. They constantly called to follow up with me and provide me with Lab results and schedule future appointments. I then came in on a Sunday to have an ultrasound & PCT test done but It seemed not to be proper timing since I had yet to ovulate so they rescheduled me for the following day and gave me a trigger shot. I told my husband as I was getting dressed that I was so happy that they accommodate patients on the weekends and some of us need to work as much possible to afford the journey of infertility so it puts me at ease that I can be seen on weekends if needed. They also scheduled me for the following day with no problems and that was amazing because my last clinic was usually overbooked most of the time and would almost never accommodate any last minute appt so that would cause for cycles to be rescheduled. We had the PCT test and got the answer we needed to make our choice in what treatment was going to be best for us. We are now waiting for CD1 so we can start our First Cycle of IUI. I’m super excited and feel I’m finally in the hands of someone who genuinely cares about my dream of being a MOMMY. I have known since I was a little girl that the biggest job/role I wanted in life was to be a Mommy. When I would get asked what I wanted to be when I got older I would not hesitate to quickly say “A MOM”. I have great faith I will soon be writing another review about Dr. Cassidenti helping me conceive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Have all your files and record sent over to the office prior to consultation so she can have a clear picture of your history!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
She constantly asked If I was okay with all the information she was providing. She not once questioned my decision of why I wanted to be a mom.
Describe the protocols Denise Cassidenti used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
We did prepare for the PCT Test by being put on Metformin, 150mg of Clomid from days 3-7 and A Trigger Shot.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Clinic is always clean. They are always on time when taking appointments. I have never waited longer than my appointed time to be seen. They will also see you earlier if they are ahead of time. They do have several magazines to keep you entertained while waiting.
Denise Cassidenti
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.

Dr. A [Ambartsumyan] is very giving with her time and thorough in her explanations. She will call personally with test results and is empathetic when things don’t go as planned. You genuinely feel like she is rooting for you! ... PCOS diagnosis with no natural ovulation + secondary infertility ... Her explanations are easy to understand and she ensures you trust your next step in treatment.
Nurse mailbox allows you to get in touch at any point with same day call backs. Staff [Reproductive Partners Med Group] is nice, friendly and compassionate. They greet you with a smile! Make sure you ask questions if something doesn’t seem right. As you see a variety of different nurses, they might not be aware of notes or details that are important to your treatment.
Dr. A was kind, caring and knowledgeable. From our initial consultation, I felt comfortable and trusted her knowledge. Her explanations are easy to understand and she ensures you trust your next step in treatment. When my chemical pregnancies occurred, she handled with compassion and gave me continued hope that our next cycle would work. She is open to changing up the course of action but doesn’t pressure you to move onto next steps.
She offers her cell phone and email - take her up on contacting her if you have a question and speak up if something doesn’t feel right. Dr. A is a great listener and has great advice as to how to proceed.
Dr. A is very giving with her time and thorough in her explanations. She will call personally with test results and is empathetic when things don’t go as planned. You genuinely feel like she is rooting for you!
PCOS diagnosis with no natural ovulation + secondary infertility - 6 letrozole cycles, 3 timed (resulted in 1 chemical pregnancy) and 3 IUIs (resulted in 1 chemical pregnancy)
Nurse mailbox allows you to get in touch at any point with same day call backs. Staff is nice, friendly and compassionate. They greet you with a smile! Make sure you ask questions if something doesn’t seem right. As you see a variety of different nurses, they might not be aware of notes or details that are important to your treatment.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic is clean and organized. If you have a later appointment time (after 10am), expect to wait upwards of 30 minutes to an hour. The billing department is confusing and can be hard to navigate.
I have not elected IVF yet so I am not aware.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Huang just wanted to replicate everything that was suggested by my older Dr during the successful cycle of my daughter. He did suggest we try human growth hormone as well. ... He is very caring and thorough. We only did a consult with him, but from the consult, I felt like I was in good hands. ... The Dr. then told us that we would have to do a TESE or we could not be patients here [Repro Partners Med Grp] .
We're dealing with MFI, and had a daughter through another clinic. Trying for #2 we wanted to switch to this clinic [Repro Partners Med Grp] where we were told the lab couldn't find any sperm. The Dr. then told us that we would have to do a TESE or we could not be patients here. ... We were very disappointed in their push to jump straight to a TESE and feel that they could find sperm, but were worried about how the low #s might impact their results. Thus, they were not willing to go the extra mile for us (i.e. search for those sperm and take a chance on a cycle not working out). Disappointing for sure.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He is very caring and thorough. We only did a consult with him, but from the consult, I felt like I was in good hands. However, the lab was our problem and he had no solutions for us on that end. Basically, we're dealing with MFI, and had a daughter through another clinic. Trying for #2 we wanted to switch to this clinic where we were told the lab couldn't find any sperm. The Dr. then told us that we would have to do a TESE or we could not be patients here. We moved to another clinic where we have had enough sperm to fertilize &gt;40 eggs with ICSI.
Dr. Huang is great. The lab is what matters though.
This clinic is VERY busy. Long wait times in the office. Once you are with Dr. Huang he is very warm and caring, but the clinic itself is a machine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Alexis)
Nurse was great, loved having one nurse assigned to your case. Made communication a lot smoother.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths: Good reputation - this is where Kim Kardashian went so you know if they have all the $$$ in the world and chose this clinic, that's a good sign. Weaknesses: BUSY - the wait time in the Beverly Hills office was 1 hour. With appts every other day, I don't have the time to spend an hour waiting to see the Dr.
It was going to be 30-40k
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
We're dealing with MFI, and had a daughter through another clinic. Trying for #2 we wanted to switch to this clinic where we were told the lab couldn't find any sperm. The Dr. then told us that we would have to do a TESE or we could not be patients here. We moved to another clinic where we have had enough sperm to fertilize &gt;40 eggs with ICSI. We were very disappointed in their push to jump straight to a TESE and feel that they could find sperm, but were worried about how the low #s might impact their results. Thus, they were not willing to go the extra mile for us (i.e. search for those sperm and take a chance on a cycle not working out). Disappointing for sure.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Ambartsumyan] has been able to work with me to have a tailored experience through this. We ran a series of tests to eliminate certain risks and get more Information. She was never pushy and let us move at the pace we wanted and supported our decisions as to next steps. She’s highly responsive via email and texts. Love that she also believes in a holistic approach to infertility journey and encouraged us to continue with our acupuncture specialist.
Clinic [Repro Partners] is always full, and you learn to expect an hour delay If you don’t have one of the first appointments. They also aren’t the best with insurance billing and pre approvals. It is however nice that they have the lab and operating room in the same place as consults. ... Several times they have not properly filled out insurance forms and it has cost us going out of pocket for meds and paying for screening not covered by the insurance and later rejected for reimbursement.
She has been able to work with me to have a tailored experience through this. We ran a series of tests to eliminate certain risks and get more Information. She was never pushy and let us move at the pace we wanted and supported our decisions as to next steps. She’s highly responsive via email and texts. Love that she also believes in a holistic approach to infertility journey and encouraged us to continue with our acupuncture specialist.
Come prepared with questions and don’t be afraid to question or suggest different approaches. She’s very open to hearing your thoughts and working to customize a plan for you.
Dr A shares her personal number and an email where she can be reached at all times. Always felt like she knew my case and I wasn’t just a number. She makes you feel like she is just as invested into the process as you are
With DOR we wanted to initially avoid over suppressing with birth control. Unfortunately our first cycle with estrogen priming we developed a cyst and went forward with BC for two weeks before our first retrieval. She did a combination of gonal F, clomid, menopur and Lupron our first cycle. It resulted in 5 eggs retrieved and 2 day 5 blastocysts. As that transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy, our next cycle she changed it to no BC and started medication early in our cycle. This time we did higher dosage of gonal F, menopur, cetrotide, HGH and our trigger shot. It resulted in a quick growing cycle and retrieved 6 of which 3 were day 5 blastocysts that all tested genetically normal. Before our next transfer we completed an ERA and did additional screening tests and confirmed the MTHFR mutation and high NK cells. While we’re treating for MTHFR with a diff folate supplement, no adjustments have been made for the high NK cells.
Nursing staff is a mixed bag. All are caring but they aren’t all trained the same and have different levels of organization. There have been times where they haven’t properly filled out insurance forms or have tried to give me standard protocol vs doctor requested tailored approach.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Clinic is always full, and you learn to expect an hour delay If you don’t have one of the first appointments. They also aren’t the best with insurance billing and pre approvals. It is however nice that they have the lab and operating room in the same place as consults.
We’ve had our first two cycles covered by Aetna insurance and have only had to pay for genetic testing (3000 to office; 600 to genetic testing company), genetic testing, ERA (800) and co pays. Rates provided on initial estimate were ~$16k without medicine
Doctor was quite open to our decision. When untested we did 2 and she was comfortable with that. We have not decided on how many to genetically tested embryos to transfer. Do believe the clinic in general supports eSET but is open
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.

2015 - 2019
6 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
I was told after having one chemical pregnancy that I would not be allowed to do another frozen embryo transfer because "we don't want our success rate to go down if it shouldn't take again." After we were promised at least three attempts, we only got one. ... They [Repro Partners Med Group] jerked my husband and me around for four years - never providing any explanation as to why we couldn't get pregnant.
The waiting times were extreme - not being seen for 2-3 hours after appointment time. They billed us for procedures they did not do to us, refused to provide signed proof we authorized any bills. ...There were multiple times I had to sit on the floor outside the waiting room. The nursing staff were very nice and answered all my questions - but their answers differed and not one of them gave the same answer to anything.
2015 - 2019
6 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Don't go.
Nobody appears to be on the same page. Different info from every source.
Nobody looks at charts. Nobody communicates accurately to patients. We were told four different things about a blood test, only one of which was true.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Do not go here. They will not help you. They jerked my husband and me around for four years - never providing any explanation as to why we couldn't get pregnant. They billed us for procedures they did not do to us, refused to provide signed proof we authorized any bills. STAY AWAY.
Nothing was covered my insurance, which I told them, but they insisted on running it through insurance anyway. This made for several surprise bills from the clinic for services they said were paid, but actually were not.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
The waiting times were extreme - not being seen for 2-3 hours after appointment time. Waiting room does have a few amenities, like tea and nespresso machine, but it was also small and always crowded. There were multiple times I had to sit on the floor outside the waiting room. The nursing staff were very nice and answered all my questions - but their answers differed and not one of them gave the same answer to anything. Telling me different information about what results I should expect from tests, nobody was on the same page about anything.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Amin was easy to talk to and remained positive when going over the different treatment options....Based on our history, she determined that we had unexplained infertility and though it seemed to be the hardest type to be diagnosed with, she gave us hope that our upcoming treatments under her care would become successful....We went through a normal cycle of clomid of 100mg for 5 days. I have appointments scheduled 2 times a week to complete an ultrasound to measure egg growth.
The clinic [RPMG] was very convenient as far as location and ease of scheduling appointments with. The business hours are very flexible for someone who works full time as they are open saturdays and sundays. They only can do ultrasounds up until 11am, maybe being able to do those later in the day may be helpful in case patient can only make an afternoon appointment.... The finance person went over the cost vs insurance coverage with us thoroughly and provided paperwork for reference.
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Amin was easy to talk to and remained positive when going over the different treatment options. She asked us about any history of our previous treatments we had and offered to review so we would not waste time on any additional testing if it was not needed. Based on our history, she determined that we had unexplained infertility and though it seemed to be the hardest type to be diagnosed with, she gave us hope that our upcoming treatments under her care would become successful. It’s only been one clomid cycle so far with Dr. Amin, so we are hopeful when trying the next few cycles will lead us to the pregnancy we are hoping for. We would definitely recommend Dr. Amin to anyone looking for a caring and compassionate doctor.
Be prepared with any past treatment records you may have gone through.
Answered questions thoroughly and gave positive feedback
We went through a normal cycle of clomid of 100mg for 5 days. I have appointments scheduled 2 times a week to complete an ultrasound to measure egg growth. Once confirmed that I did not naturally ovulate and the egg was mature, I was given the trigger shot and instructed to do timed intercourse.
They were very compassionate and informative regarding insurance coverage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic was very convenient as far as location and ease of scheduling appointments with. The business hours are very flexible for someone who works full time as they are open saturdays and sundays. They only can do ultrasounds up until 11am, maybe being able to do those later in the day may be helpful in case patient can only make an afternoon appointment.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Since day one, Dr A. [Ambartsumyan] explained very thoroughly each step and provided all the possible treatments available. Very enthusiastic with positive outcomes making me feel like she is on my team. She helped me connect with other doctors when I needed different treatments. My process is just starting but I see how knowledgeable she is and I trust her. I consider myself very proactive, searching through research articles for treatment.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] is very organize and clean. It is well located and has a parking structure. The clinic has partnered with different labs. Some procedures are cost effective. Cost of treatment is average to a bit below average compared to other clinics in the area.... Very friendly staff. Very helpful when I needed information to fill out grants applications. After each blood test, they call you and explain very carefully the results. Always available when you call them
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Since day one, Dr A. explained very thoroughly each step and provided all the possible treatments available. Very enthusiastic with positive outcomes making me feel like she is on my team. She helped me connect with other doctors when I needed different treatments. My process is just starting but I see how knowledgeable she is and I trust her. I consider myself very proactive, searching through research articles for treatment. I like that she listens and takes into consideration my suggestions.
Ask every little thing, no matter how redundant it could be. You are an active participant in this process and need to know exactly what is happening
Dr A is empathic and caring on how she expresses her conclusions and next approaches. She responds to emails in a timely manner and is always available when you need her.
I’m just getting started. I recently had my Fallopian tubes removed and I’m on birth control due to endometriosis. Next step is IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic is very organize and clean. It is well located and has a parking structure. The clinic has partnered with different labs. Some procedures are cost effective. Cost of treatment is average to a bit below average compared to other clinics in the area. The clinic has a very knowledgeable staff with doctors expert in different areas. They all collaborate to provide the best treatment.
The estimate for IVF is around $20k
She prefers single embryo transfer due to all the risks that a multiple pregnancy can cause

Unexplained, Other
Dr. Rosen has been excellent through this process for us. ... Dr. Rosen isn’t for everyone, but I find him and the doctors in his office to be completely refreshing. ... Dr Rosen looked at the facts and immediately identified my short luteal phase ... He put us on a plan that we feel confident in. He’s made himself available whenever I have questions, even if it’s a text at 7 PM. Every appointment he makes sure to go through things thoroughly and no question is ever too ridiculous for him to answer.
We had one issue where the prescription wasn’t called in, but we called to follow up and they [Reproductive Partners] sorted it out quickly. ... The wait can sometimes be up to an hour and a half, it’s well worth it, but definitely makes for stressful times. You also sometimes don’t know which doctor you’ll get ... Cost is actually lower than our last RE’s office, you won’t find a blinged out waiting room and office which I’m more than okay with. ... The nurses have always been kind to us and thorough. They always return calls quick and get me in for preferred time appointments.
Unexplained, Other
Dr. Rosen has been excellent through this process for us. Our first RE was a cheerleader and downplayed how long we had been trying since I’m young. Dr Rosen looked at the facts and immediately identified my short luteal phase which my OBGYN and past RE never even touched on. He put us on a plan that we feel confident in. He’s made himself available whenever I have questions, even if it’s a text at 7 PM. Every appointment he makes sure to go through things thoroughly and no question is ever too ridiculous for him to answer. I know even if I’m just coming in for an ultrasound I’ll either see him or one of the two other doctors, all three are always well versed on where I’m at in my cycle before seeing me.
Don’t be discouraged by seeing all three doctors, you’ll receive the best care. Also, the wait can sometimes be long, but it’s worth it knowing you’ll always see the doctor and they’ll spend more than enough time answering your questions.
Dr. Rosen isn’t for everyone, but I find him and the doctors in his office to be completely refreshing. He takes his time to explain the best process. Even when I wanted to jump to an IUI or injectables, he convinced me it would be costly and not effective since neither would fix our issue. He’s made himself available via text or call on his cell if I have questions or need advice. He can also be funny through the process, which has been helpful for us.
We started with clomid which helped extend my luteal phase to 12 days, the next cycle we upped the dose which made me ovulate earlier and ultimately extended my luteal phase to 13 days. My progesterone levels still weren’t high and I had read about Letrozole so I asked to try it, which he agreed. My first Letrozole cycle I responded really well ovulating on the 14th day of my cycle and giving me a 14 day luteal phase, my progesterone level was highish, but boarderline of where they’d want it. So this cycle we’ve upped the Letrozole dose.
The nurses have always been kind to us and thorough. They always return calls quick and get me in for preferred time appointments. They’re always great with any follow up questions I might have or working on getting prescriptions organized.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The wait can sometimes be up to an hour and a half, it’s well worth it, but definitely makes for stressful times. You also sometimes don’t know which doctor you’ll get, between Huang, Rosen, and Wombach... but regardless all three are great, thorough, and read through your chart before coming into the room so they’re well versed on your cycle, etc. Cost is actually lower than our last RE’s office, you won’t find a blinged out waiting room and office which I’m more than okay with.
$160 per office visit for ultrasound, I think $80 or $60 for blood test, and $250 for original consultation.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
We had one issue where the prescription wasn’t called in, but we called to follow up and they sorted it out quickly.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Huang is a very educated and skilled RE, and I trust every decision he has made so far for my treatment. ... Dr. Huang has always remembered who I was, why we were here, and up to date on our specific case. He’s always available be a phone call or text, and never dismisses a question— big or small. ... For the egg retrieval I had a pretty standard protocol, but he always stayed up to date on my file even when he wasn’t the one do my ultrasound that day.
Reproductive Partners moves like a well oiled machine, and has IVF down to a very specific flow. Additionally all of the staff is up to date on your file at all times ... The downfalls of this clinic can be getting an appointment as they are very busy. I wish they’d prioritize appointments for already existing patients who are transitioning from egg retrievals to transfer, as I almost had to wait two cycles between retrieval and next steps before I was able to see my physician.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Huang is a very educated and skilled RE, and I trust every decision he has made so far for my treatment. For the egg retrieval I had a pretty standard protocol, but he always stayed up to date on my file even when he wasn’t the one do my ultrasound that day.
He’s very popular, so getting an initial consult with him can be difficult.
I was on an antagonist protocol. My AMH is 5.14 (do not have PCOS or insulin resistance), and have always had an AFC in the 20s-30s. I started BCP on CD2 until CD15. Took a break for 5 days and then started injectables. 75 ius of Menopur in the morning, and 150 ius of Gonal-F in the evening. I started Cetrotide on day 7 of stims, and trigged on day 10 with 5,000 ius of Ovidrel once all of my follicles were between 17-19mm in size. Once I triggered I had my egg retrieval exactly 35 hours later. I had monitoring on days 3, 5, 7, 9, and 10 of stims. My follicles always stayed within 1-3mm of size the entire time. 21 follicles counted on the day of triggering, and 18 eggs were retrieved. 17/18 were mature, and 12 eggs were successfully fertilized using ICSI. We ended up with 8 blastocysts (3 day 5, and 5 day 6). Those 8 embryos were sent for PGS testing and we now have 3 normal embryos ready for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
I only met with my primary IVF coordinator once, and spent the rest of my time bouncing between different nurses. To be fair this was 100% fine because they were all on top of my specific case and were available for any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Reproductive Partners moves like a well oiled machine, and has IVF down to a very specific flow. Additionally all of the staff is up to date on your file at all times, so even if you can’t get ahold of your doctor or coordinator you’ll be able to speak to someone else that can help you. The downfalls of this clinic can be getting an appointment as they are very busy. I wish they’d prioritize appointments for already existing patients who are transitioning from egg retrievals to transfer, as I almost had to wait two cycles between retrieval and next steps before I was able to see my physician.
I used a program through United Health Care called ParentSteps to pay for my retrieval. The cost for my IVF freeze-all cycle that included ICSI, and PGS testing for up to 8 embryos was $12,900. This did not include the anesthesia fee of $880 for the retrieval, or the $1,500 fee from Igenomix for PGS testing. My medication costs ended up being around $2,100 and all meds but one vial of Menopur was purchased through Alto Pharmacy (I cannot recommend them enough— their Gonal-F pricing is ridiculously cheap).
Dr. Huang believes eSet is the way to go for all PGS normal tested embryos, otherwise he is open to transferring up to two blastocysts if untested.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I've had all of my transfers done with him [Dr. Andy Huang] except one and the experience with him is far better... We're doing a hysteroscopy this cycle because I've not had a viable pregnancy with the high quality embryos and dr. Huang wants to make sure my uterus is all good before transferring two embryos...is very accessible. He will call after hours to make sure I have any questions answered. He texts to wish me luck before beta tests. He's really wonderful.
I did 3 transfers [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group]. Two of those with 1, no pregnancy. One of these with 2, resulting in a chemical. I'll transfer 2 next time... I've felt cared for and safe in their care. I've been going there for a year and a half...This is a multi doctor practice...It's tough always getting a different nurse. They're mostly all great!...You make a treatment plan before knowing the cost. That's traumatizing. I've had to change treatment plans because I couldn't afford the original one. They left a previous patient's baby on the screen in an office once, which was upsetting.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Huang takes his time. I've had many moments when I've been in tears, overwhelmed. Be never makes me feel like I'm taking too much time. My care feels individualized. He works with me to create a treatment plan that's feasible financially. He makes sure I'm comfortable. He didn't push me to do pgs testing even I decided not to do it. I'm so happy I found him. He is well liked by my acupuncturist.
Make sure he's the doctor that does your retrieval and transfers. This is a multi doctor practice. I've had all of my transfers done with him except one and the experience with him is far better.
Dr. Huang is very accessible. He will call after hours to make sure I have any questions answered. He texts to wish me luck before beta tests. He's really wonderful.
I did mini stim IVF due to my diminished ovarian reserve. This resulted is high quality embryos- we froze 3 first cycle (aa, bb, and bc) and 5 second cycle (2x4aa, 3aa, and 2x4ab). Someone be with my levels would be lucky to freeze 1 embryo. We're doing a hysteroscopy this cycle because I've not had a viable pregnancy with the high quality embryos and dr. Huang wants to make sure my uterus is all good before transferring two embryos.
It's tough always getting a different nurse. They're mostly all great!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
You make a treatment plan before knowing the cost. That's traumatizing. I've had to change treatment plans because I couldn't afford the original one. They left a previous patient's baby on the screen in an office once, which was upsetting. The doctor calls to tell you you're not pregnant, but then you get the same call to great the upsetting news again. Despite these things, I've felt cared for and safe in their care. I've been going there for a year and a half.
50k so far
I did 3 transfers. Two of those with 1, no pregnancy. One of these with 2, resulting in a chemical. I'll transfer 2 next time. They try to avoid twins but because I've not had a pregnancy, he's trying to increase the odds.

2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
[The nurses at Reproductive Partners Medical Group are] Busy but compassionate...The office can have long wait times and the three doctor’s share patients so even if you request Dr. Wambach and begin working with her, there may be appointments in the future where you meet with one of the other doctors. All three are outstanding so I never had an issue with this but it may not work for some...the cash cost for IVF is a minimum of $15K
2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Wambach is smart and compassionate. She’s been there herself and understands how hard this process can be. I found her to be extremely professional with a warm bedside manner. My first experience with her was during a diagnosis of uterine fibroids. There was no question I had then; my OB had been tracking them for a year. The question was whether I needed a major surgery to remove them. I received conflicting advice from several different fertility doctors but Dr. Wambach did a saline ultrasound as the others had done but immediately saw that one of the fibroids was distorting my cavity and she definitively said “these must come out.” I had surgery two months later and conceived my son naturally six months later. My second experience with Dr. Wambach was four years later. With a different clinic closer to our home, we had completed two IUIs, two egg retrievals, and two embryo transfers of PGS-tested embryos all within the year. We had not had success with the IUIs or either embryo transfer. I have a couple of autoimmune diseases and was diagnosed with moderate adenomyosis after our last transfer. I felt overwhelmed and hopeless. I went back to Dr. Wambach to consult with her regarding what to do next. She was so incredibly helpful. She spent an hour with me going over the different variables and building a game plan. We are still working on executing the game plan but I have nothing but respect and the highest regard for Dr. Wambach’s skills and compassion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Wambach is both warm and no-nonsense. Other doctors visualized my uterine fibroids but gave me conflicting advice as to how to proceed. Dr. Wambach, on the other hand, was clear and definitive that “they need to come out; they are changing the shape of your uterine cavity and need to come out surgically.” At a time when I was feeling overwhelmed and scared about how the surgery would affect my future chances of conception, Dr. Wambach provided clear direction and explained to me exactly why the surgery was necessary. I was so impressed with her, I returned a couple years later when struggling to conceive our second baby and consulted with her on next steps.
Describe the protocols Carrie Wambach used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
Following a saline ultrasound, Dr. Wambach recommended an abdominal myomectomy to remove uterine fibroids distorting the shape of my cavity. Years later, after two failed transfers of PGS tested embryos, she recommended a hysteroscopy to check for adhesions or scare, ERA to check for optimal timing, a course of Lupron to address the adenomyosis and was willing to consider some immune-oriented protocols around transfer.
Busy but compassionate
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths outweigh the weaknesses. Strengths include the skills and experience of all three doctors as well as a top-notch lab. The major weakness is that the sheer volume of patients makes for long waiting times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I don’t remember the costs of a consult or appointment but the cash cost for IVF is a minimum of $15K bot including the medications

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Sometimes you have to ask for the real deal, as Dr. Huang is so positive sometimes he will make things seem better than they might be. ... Dr. Huang always made me feel like I was his only patient, even when the office was packed with people in the waiting room. He spent time talking through the plan and expectations with me and would always return my call same day. ... Dr. Huang suggested eset for my first two transfers and at my third transfer he said if I was comfortable with twins we could put both embryos in...
The office [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] is very clean, but the waiting room is always crowded and the wait time is sometimes up to 2 hours!! ... The front office staff usually don’t give great estimates on wait time and I had plenty of days where I was late to work in the mornings. ... I was soooo shocked and scared that I was given a wrong diagnosis by the nurse on the phone. ...
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Huang was the best Doctor, with Dr. Wambach a very very close second. They both proved to be extremely knowledgable and patient with me, after having two miscarriages with PGS embryos. They are the most compassionate Doctors!
Dr. Huang always made me feel like I was his only patient, even when the office was packed with people in the waiting room. He spent time talking through the plan and expectations with me and would always return my call same day. He called to check in on me often and was always very pleasant to be around!
I had one retrieval, got 7 embryos and was encouraged to PGS test. I ended up with 4 normal embryos. We did 2 transfers with a standard protocol (estrogen, progestrone, and baby aspirin) and I miscarried them both. The third transfer we put in 2 embryos and added in more meds - I was put on blood thinner shots, did 3 rounds of intrilipid infusions, and took pepcid, claritin, and steroids. One embryo stuck and I now have a baby girl!
The nursing staff were all so sweet! They didn’t seem to remember me or other patients as well as the Doctors did, but they were all professional and kind!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The office is very clean, but the waiting room is always crowded and the wait time is sometimes up to 2 hours!! That is the only downfall of the boutique clinic. The front office staff usually don’t give great estimates on wait time and I had plenty of days where I was late to work in the mornings.
Dr. Huang suggested eset for my first two transfers and at my third transfer he said if I was comfortable with twins we could put both embryos in as one of the embryos didn’t have a great grade and didn’t seem likely to stick on its own. It turned out that embryo didn’t make it, so I ended up with a singleton.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
At some point during my process I was called and told I had endometriosis by a nurse, but instead when I went in to see the Doctor I was told it was actually endometritis which is just a simple infection and was given antibiotics to treat it. I was soooo shocked and scared that I was given a wrong diagnosis by the nurse on the phone.

7 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Dr. Amin was really professional, nice, showed compassion, patience and understanding. She was not the best communicator. She talked a lot at the consultation, but at subsequent visits she was very quiet and at times didn't fully inform me. ... She had reviewed my medical records ahead of time and took her time to review med history and future goals, and explain our options for fertility treatments. ... All patients start stim injections on Saturdays.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners] seems pretty well organized, and the staff are pleasant and responsive. Scheduling is easy to do. ... My one complaint is that one of the financial coordinators was going to call me back ... I wish I would’ve contacted my insurance company directly in the first place because the clinic staff was unreliable and I felt like I wasted part of a cycle (time, money, and meds) as a result. ... The nurses were all great! Kind, patient, organized, and responsive to phone calls and emails. ...
7 Eggs Frozen
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Amin was really professional, nice, showed compassion, patience and understanding. She was not the best communicator. She talked a lot at the consultation, but at subsequent visits she was very quiet and at times didn't fully inform me. I had to be proactive in asking questions and making suggestions. She was responsive, just didn’t initiate or advise as much as I would have liked. I don’t know if it was due to lack of experience, but she seemed to want to stick to a protocol, even when it seemed like it may not have been working. I’d like consult with other doctors for 2nd or 3rd opinions on what may work better next time.
Educate yourself about the fertility process and be proactive by pointing out your own observations and asking questions.
When my husband and I arrived for the consultation, Dr. Amin called us from the waiting room herself. She had reviewed my medical records ahead of time and took her time to review med history and future goals, and explain our options for fertility treatments. During subsequent visits for monitoring, surgery, etc. she also had great bedside manners
I believe an antagonist protocol was used. First, I was put on birth control pills for about 2 weeks. All patients start stim injections on Saturdays. I took Menopur, Gonal-F, Ganirelix, and hCG for 2 cycles. Doses (mg, units etc) were not adjusted at all day-to-day or cycle-to-cycle. Only difference was I was on meds for longer # of days during 2nd cycle to give follicles more time to grow. 1st cycle: started with 8 follicles. On retrieval day, out of 7 follicles, 3 mature eggs and 2 immature eggs retrieved. 2nd cycle: Started with 9 follicles (based on what Dr told me during appt, but medical records I requested later only show max of 6 follicles during that cycle). On retrieval day, out of 5 follicles, 2 immature eggs were retrieved and the other follicles were “empty”. The immature eggs retrieved were able to mature overnight in the lab. So, total of 5 eggs frozen from 1st cycle and 2 eggs from 2nd cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic seems pretty well organized, and the staff are pleasant and responsive. Scheduling is easy to do. Hours of operation are pretty good and days of operation are excellent—7 days a week, including some holidays. My one complaint is that one of the financial coordinators was going to call me back about my inquiry of what would happen if we decided to cancel the cycle after stims had already beeb started but before egg retrieval. She was going to check with my insurance and let me know, but she never got back to me. I completed the cycle (and got a poor result) and then contacted the insurance myself and found out I could’ve cancelled the cycle and only paid for treatments up to that point, and could save the unused credit towards part of another cycle. I wish I would’ve contacted my insurance company directly in the first place because the clinic staff was unreliable and I felt like I wasted part of a cycle (time, money, and meds) as a result.
It was covered by insurance. Insurance covered 30% of everything (consults, follow ups, labs, procedures, meds) until OOP max met, then covered 100%. I easily met my deductible and out-of-pocket max of $6500.
I think she recommends eSET

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. A [Ambartsumyan] is truely interested in my life. She always asks me about work and my family in a genuine way and shares things about her life as well. She has called me or texted me in the evening on multiple occasions when she could have been spending time with her family. Dr. A is very empathetic when dealing with disappointment and does everything she can to comfort us.... Dr. A has not given up on my desire to use my own eggs. With a low anteral count, it has been a challenge.
Strengths [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] - top notch partners and rotating doctors who have made documented and published contributions to their fields, doctors who consult with each other, ultrasound tech on staff who steps in when they are busy, in- house surgery center and crypto freezers, flabotomist staffed, and very nice front of office staff. Weakness - billing office does not answer the phone or call you back, billing system is difficult to decode and understand, cancelled cycle fees are charged
European, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
I have had a long and rough road with treatments. Dr. A has not given up on my desire to use my own eggs. With a low anteral count, it has been a challenge. She employs patience during my very long cycles upwards of 120 days and does everything possible to avoid canceling a cycle. When regrouping after a failure, she is always coming up with a new protocol in the effort to find something that will work. She is even open to suggestions from me and is always telling me to read about my infertility problems and to do my research.
Don’t be afraid to share your ideas and ask lots of questions. Dr. A is very open to it.
Dr. A is truely interested in my life. She always asks me about work and my family in a genuine way and shares things about her life as well. She has called me or texted me in the evening on multiple occasions when she could have been spending time with her family. Dr. A is very empathetic when dealing with disappointment and does everything she can to comfort us.
Clomid 100 with iui -1 follicle Clomid 150 - 1 follicle Letrozol 75 with iui - 1 follicle Follistim 100 with IVF - 1 follicle, 1 egg retrieved, abnormal fertilization Gonal f 100 with IVF - 1 follicle, 1 egg retrieved, abnormal fertilization Lupron mini flare w/menopur IVF - cancelled cycle Clomid and Letrozol together then added gonol 100 for 6 days IVF - 1 follicle, 1 egg retrieved, fertilized and frozen Menopur with clomid IVF - 2 follicles for retrieval, waiting for fertilization results.
The nursing staff is stacked full of caring people who cheer you on, thoroughly explain medications and who are willing to accommodate for scheduling requests. They also always call back in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths - top notch partners and rotating doctors who have made documented and published contributions to their fields, doctors who consult with each other, ultrasound tech on staff who steps in when they are busy, in- house surgery center and crypto freezers, flabotomist staffed, and very nice front of office staff. Weakness - billing office does not answer the phone or call you back, billing system is difficult to decode and understand, cancelled cycle fees are charged
IUI - $500 plus $160 per ultrasound Min Stim IVF - $5500 Mild stim IVF - $6500
Dr. A promotes eSET.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Lin was very caring and listen to us. He took the time to explain everything he was doing and his voice somehow put you at ease. He was very calm in his explanations and didn't rush us. The only thing I would've liked Dr. Lin to do is be more aggressive in treatment. I feel like it may have saved us some money and we may have had results faster.... Tell Dr. Lin exactly what you want to do and what you are comfortable with doing and what you're not.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] was clean, but the furniture was very old. I didn't appreciate that personal information was given out in front of other nurses, staff and sometimes around other patients. I think it was just the way the clinic was set up that it wasn't very private... I remember that my wife would be waiting on the phone for a call that sometimes never came. She would have to call and sometimes they would say they would call back and they wouldn't.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Wayne Lin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wayne Lin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Make sure you ask all of the questions you have, write them down before you go for your first consult. Try to arrive on time for your appointment so you will be seen on time. Tell Dr. Lin exactly what you want to do and what you are comfortable with doing and what you're not.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wayne Lin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Originally we were going to see Dr. Lane Wong, and we didn't know he was retiring and leaving his practice to Dr. Lin. From the very beginning that Dr. Lin started to care for us, we notice how caring he was. He took the time to listen to us, and told us to hold on to hope.
Describe the protocols Wayne Lin used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
My wife was the one who knows exactly what the treatments were but I know we used a lot of pills, sometimes injections and we did several IUIs.
I didn't really interact much with the nurses, as much as my wife did. But the interaction I did have with them was very minimal. They seems professional but not as caring as Dr. Lin.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic was clean, but the furniture was very old. I didn't appreciate that personal information was given out in front of other nurses, staff and sometimes around other patients. I think it was just the way the clinic was set up that it wasn't very private
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wayne Lin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Cash patient ultrasound visit $160, IUI $380, medications varied depending on insurance coverage.
Describe Wayne Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Wayne Lin
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Wayne Lin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.

3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. A [Ambartsumyan] has always gone out of her way to make sure we are comfortable, we understand everything we will be doing and she sets time aside to talk to you when she’s at home. She wants to make sure we’re okay. She greets us personally in the waiting room, and won’t allow us to leave until she’s certain that we understand and that we are all on the same page, in terms of other options we have moving forward. She gets to know us as humans, not just patients.
We love the clinic [Reproductive Partners Med Group] but hate the wait time. It’s obviously going to happen though when you, along with everyone else, loves the clinic and the doctor’s they are working with. That’s probably the only complaint.... We have always had such a great experience with everyone in that office. We are now on a first name basis with pretty much all of the staff and everyone is always so warm and welcoming. We can sit and chat with the financial woman all day.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. A has always gone out of her way to make sure we are comfortable, we understand everything we will be doing and she sets time aside to talk to you when she’s at home. She wants to make sure we’re okay. She greets us personally in the waiting room, and won’t allow us to leave until she’s certain that we understand and that we are all on the same page, in terms of other options we have moving forward. She gets to know us as humans, not just patients.
Be open. Know that things won’t always go as planned but Dr. A will always make sure you’re in good hands. It’s a tough journey but with her, things seem a little easier and she’s certainly a light in a dark spot.
After both miscarriages and our last negative pregnancy test, Dr. A has called us to apologize and we meet after each loss/NPT and discuss what is our next step. She’s personable and genuinely cares about us and her other patients. She puts thought into what else we can do to make things work.
I’ve tried endometrium and estrace three three times a day for the first two transfers. During our third, I started PIO injections and stuck with estrogen three times a day. As we prepare for our fourth, we are looking to do, PIO, endometrium, estrogen, a steroid and Intralipid infusions. She believes that my body rejects pregnancy so she is sure that using the infusion and steroid will shit my immune system down and accept the embryo this time around.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Guzman)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
We love the clinic but hate the wait time. It’s obviously going to happen though when you, along with everyone else, loves the clinic and the doctor’s they are working with. That’s probably the only complaint.
I believe each transfer, we have set up a package that included ultrasounds, blood work and actual transfer that has totaled $2,900. Our embryo testing was about $1,000, hysteroscopy was around $300-500 and mock cycle was around the same. Medications ranged from $700-1,000.
We have done eSET for all three because of the risks that come along with multiple pregnancies, which we have understood and respected. This time around, our fourth, we will be transferring two, which we love the idea of.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Cassidenti has been an amazing practitioner so far. I have had to have uterine polyps removed prior to transferring an embryo so it has brought me a lot of anxiety. Dr. C has been a calming force to my procedure and has set us up for a successful transfer. She has allowed us to communicate all of our needs and has worked with us to make the best plan possible for a successful outcome.... We decided to go through stim and an egg retrieval before the polyp surgery.
This clinic [Reproductive Partners Med Group] has the care and compassion you deserve when going through this trying time in your life. Their many strengths include; communication, accessibility and assurance. They break down the financial aspect in an easy to understand way that allows you no surprises when you are paying out of pocket.... Nurse Erica has been very accommodating to all of our questions. She gladly accepts an email or a phone call and responds as quickly as she can.
She will do everything in her power to make you feel relaxed and ready for this endeavor.
I came to Dr. Cassidenti after being treated like a number from another facility. I was already frustrated with infertility and came to her with a lot of concerns. Dr. Cassidenti took the time to really explain IVF and a plan for us. At the end of our consultation she gave me a hug and reassured me that we will do everything in our power to alleviate our frustration.
We decided to go through stim and an egg retrieval before the polyp surgery. Dr. C suggested that freezing embryos gives your body time to relax from the stim medication and have a better chance of taking an embryo. Since we only had two embryos, Dr. C suggested a mock transfer cycle to give me the best chance of having a successful transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Erica )
Nurse Erica has been very accommodating to all of our questions. She gladly accepts an email or a phone call and responds as quickly as she can. All the nursing staff have been caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
This clinic has the care and compassion you deserve when going through this trying time in your life. Their many strengths include; communication, accessibility and assurance. They break down the financial aspect in an easy to understand way that allows you no surprises when you are paying out of pocket.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
With PGS testing of embryos, and paying all out of pocket, cost was around 15,500.
Describe Denise Cassidenti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
At this time, Dr. C agrees with our decision to transfer both of our frozen embryos. 1 embryo is graded as "Good" and 1 is a "Poor".
Denise Cassidenti

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Huang is an incredibly thorough and articulate. He gives 110% attention whenever you are under his care.... He had suggested some alternative options that our previous doctor had not tried and have encouraged me and my husband not to give up hope.... After 3 failed rounds of IVF with heavy meds, he suggested a very mild form of stim that would be much less invasive. He said I may not produce as many eggs, but there is a chance that they will be better quality.
It’s [Repro Partners - Bev Hills] a very well oiled machine and the whole team works very well together to ensure you are receiving optimal care. I definitely don’t feel like just another number, which is how I felt at some of the other clinics I visited in the past. The whole team genuinely cares about getting you pregnant and is beyond supportive throughout the process.... Very clear and thorough in explaining the process, asking detailed questions and transparency with costs. The team asks a lot of questions to make sure they get a holistic understanding of your individual needs.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
After 3 disappointing attempts ivf with the same doctor, my husband and I decided to start getting a second and third opinion with some other doctors that were recommended to us. I was genuinely so thankful to have met Dr. Huang and immediately felt at ease. He had suggested some alternative options that our previous doctor had not tried and have encouraged me and my husband not to give up hope. I can not speak to the outcome but do feel very confident in Dr. Huang’s competency and knowledge.
He’s worth the wait! I wasn’t sure if I wanted to wait 2 1/2 months to get an appointment but I’m very glad I did. Just the incredible wealth of knowledge I received from the first visit, immediately put me at ease despite everything that me and my husband had been through. Now that I’m in the system, I feel like I have his entire team’s support and they haven’t missed a beat with regards to attentiveness and communication.
Dr. Huang is an incredibly thorough and articulate. He gives 110% attention whenever you are under his care. All of the doctors at his practice are equally as amazing and extremely knowledgable. They all work very well together as a team, and have thus far been very supportive throughout the IVF process.
After 3 failed rounds of IVF with heavy meds, he suggested a very mild form of stim that would be much less invasive. He said I may not produce as many eggs, but there is a chance that they will be better quality. He is also in the process of doing a mock transfer cycle to make sure there not any foreseeable issues with carrying before we move forward with the transfer..
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
It’s a very well oiled machine and the whole team works very well together to ensure you are receiving optimal care. I definitely don’t feel like just another number, which is how I felt at some of the other clinics I visited in the past. The whole team genuinely cares about getting you pregnant and is beyond supportive throughout the process.
About $15k for a full IVF cycle
He suggested one embryo transfer at a time due to the risks associated with carrying twins.

2 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Patty, along with the other nurses at RPMG were fantastic. They were all super friendly, informative, approachable and compassionate. I always received a phone call back the same day and they were always available to answer questions when needed. Also, the appointments are made by the nurses at RPMG, so you can ask questions over the phone, which is nice.... While not the nicest looking office (RPMG Beverly Hills and Redondo are nice offices, the Westminster office is not as nice or up to date as BH), the staff here is excellent...
2 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Amin is hands down the best doctor. I worked with her for a little over two years and, even though, this clinic was a drive for me and i knew I had good doctors available that were much closer, I still preferred to drive the 30 mins each way just to see her. She's incredibly kind, compassionate, empathetic, trustworthy and down to earth. She makes herself accessible to patients, even after hours, explains all procedures in great detail, delivers bad news in the best way possible - she's informative and direct, but also so incredibly kind and sympathetic in her delivery. She's the kind of doctor that would follow-up just to make sure you were okay, even days after.Dr. Amin was always there for any procedure and often changed her schedule just so she handled them herself. I'm one of those rare patients whose uterine linings just wouldn't cooperate and I appreciated that she would continue to try new protocols and often brought in research about supplements, eastern medicine, etc to try alongside the treatment plans so it was a more holistic approach. I cannot say enough good things about her and would recommend her to anyone living in the LA area!
If you ask her, she will always make time for you, so let her know when you have questions or when you feel like want another consultation.
Dr. Amin has the BEST bedside manner of any doctor that I've ever had, even outside of the fertility world. Obviously, infertility is a delicate subject and often very emotional, and she handles every situation with grace and kindness. She made herself completely available to me, even after hours, always took time to answer any questions we had and managed to deliver even the worst news in the best way possible. I always felt very cared for, emotionally and physically. I'm honestly so thankful to have worked with her during this incredibly difficult journey.
IVF protocol: I did not use Lupron in my protocol, but instead used birth control for a few weeks and then used Menopur and Gonal-F simultaneously. She monitored closely and adjusted dosage based on follicle development. Dr. Amin recommended a frozen embryo transfer, so we froze all, did PGS testing and proceeded with a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
While not the nicest looking office (RPMG Beverly Hills and Redondo are nice offices, the Westminster office is not as nice or up to date as BH), the staff here is excellent, there isn't as long of a wait, you always see a doctor and they can do non-surgical procedures like hysteroscopies and transfers there.
Dr. Amin was open to multiple, but strongly recommended eSET, especially because our embryos were tested. I appreciated this approach because it proved to my that this wasn't just about increasing her or the clinics pregnancy rates, but she was truly looking out for what was best for my health and the baby's health.

2013 - 2018
Andy Huang is very compassionate . He makes me feel he really cares and wants me to get pregnant . I have my little miracle baby because of him. He is really smart. The only thing I don't like that I always see different doctors. I am going to him since 2013 and the office got really busy and popular so he doesn't have time like before. I only see him maybe once a month during a cycle.
It's kind of confusing that I have different nurses [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group-LA] every time I go. They got much better but I had times when they made me feel like I am bothering them with my questions. Most of them more understanding and compassionate but some of them kind of rude... They messed up my insurance billing a bunch of times and it could be very frustrating in this difficult time we are going through
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Make sure you have a consultation with him first. Also you have to watch out for the billing department. They are little bit an organized.
Dr Huang is very carrying. He made me feel comfortable. He gave me his personal cell number to call him if I had any questions
I don't really remember my first protocols. My last one I just did a mini Ivf. I was on estrodol patches for about a week. 50 mg clomid and 150 iu follitisim . My first cycle I got 4 5 days embryos total. 2 was fresh transfer but ended up with chemical pregnancy and my 2 fet I had a healthy pregnancy. My second cycle I had 6 3day embryos total, I had 3 fet but I did get pregnant. My last cycle mini Ivf I got one embryo, not transferred yet.
It's kind of confusing that I have different nurses every time I go. They got much better but I had times when they made me feel like I am bothering them with my questions. Most of them more understanding and compassionate but some of them kind of rude
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The doctors are the best but the front office and the nurses could be better. They messed up my insurance billing a bunch of times and it could be very frustrating in this difficult time we are going through
I don't remember
Because of my age and the embryo quality they recommended multiple embryo transfer
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. A [Ambartsumyan] spoke in a way that made me feel like she empathized with me. She briefly spoke of her own fertility problems and her bedside manner should be commended. Little things like putting her hand on my shoulder and saying sorry, or offering to have consultations via phone call in the evening (which worked best for us) - Dr. A helped us to feel some normalcy during these unusual and u comfortable circumstances.
They [Repro Partners Med Group] are super flexible with appointments - I’m a teacher and need early appointments, and I’ve never had a problem getting in and out. They save early appointments for that reason! I’m never waiting long in the waiting room, and after going to this clinic for a while, I like that I get welcomed by name when I sign in.... Nurses always return phone calls by the end of the day. They seem organized and are quick to answer questions and fill prescriptions.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. A went out of her way to contact us about further plans of treatment. Since we work all day, she called us from her home at 9pm. She had my file in front of her and was prepared to talk - we spoke for almost an hour! I’ve never had a doctor do that before. We also noticed that she left detailed notes in my records so that other doctors treating me when she couldn’t were fully knowledgeable about our specific treatment plan. When I came to Dr. A, I had had several cycles not work with previous doctors. She immediately sent me for blood work to get her own judgement and make her own decisions - she looks at the big picture.
Ask any questions you have - Dr. A won’t stop until you fully understand, and there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
Dr. A spoke in a way that made me feel like she empathized with me. She briefly spoke of her own fertility problems and her bedside manner should be commended. Little things like putting her hand on my shoulder and saying sorry, or offering to have consultations via phone call in the evening (which worked best for us) - Dr. A helped us to feel some normalcy during these unusual and u comfortable circumstances.
By the time I got to Dr. A, I had done several Clomid and Letrozole cycles and had had one unsuccessful IUI through the use of injectables. When I came to her, she studied my records and decided to start from scratch - we did new blood panels and talked about results. Dr. A started me on a higher dose of Letrozole and we started again. I had an unsuccessful IUI with that one which led her to send me for a tubal dye test. She discovered I have a kinked Fallopian tube and I am now awaiting a laporoscopy procedure to see if it can be unkinked or removed. Our next step is IVF.
Nurses always return phone calls by the end of the day. They seem organized and are quick to answer questions and fill prescriptions. One time, however, I had received my IUI sand a nurse gave me a big hug and said “It feels like it worked!” I had just received the insemination so I felt uncomfortable. That cycle didn’t work. She also was supposed to give me an antibiotic to prevent infection, but handed me Tylenol instead. Luckily I was ok.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They are super flexible with appointments - I’m a teacher and need early appointments, and I’ve never had a problem getting in and out. They save early appointments for that reason! I’m never waiting long in the waiting room, and after going to this clinic for a while, I like that I get welcomed by name when I sign in.
We paid a copay every time we visited the office. We also paid for ultrasounds and all medications.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
A medication I was prescribed was only able to be administered in small doses. This clinic neglected to tell my insurance I needed more of it, and I was unable to fill it in a timely manner.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Wambach] did a full blood work panel testing for auto-immune issues. They came back negative. She did a uterine lining biopsy or what they call a "mock" cycle to ensure that your body is absorbing the meds at a certain rate. In my case, this yielded results that I need my transfer after 7 days of progesterone vs. five - so helpful info. She also did a full "auto-immune" protocol which is where I get intralipid infusion, take prednisone, and lovenox all to ensure that my immune system doesn't try to kill the embryo.
The greatest weakness in the amount of time you'll wait for your appointment, and the lack of empathy from the staff [RPMG] who handles billing.... there have been times where I am told to make sure I arrive on time for my appointment, and then I end up waiting one to two hours!!... They [nurses] are lovely , but very uneven. Some show a lot of compassion and care, others don't. Some are organized, others not. There was turnover, and lack of consistency. Some were organized, others not at all....really depended.
Carrie has so much empathy. She has been thorough it herself, and describes things in a calm, cool, manner - not sugar coating but remaining positive. She makes herself available as needed and is extremely kind.
Sometimes she is scheduled to be your doctor and you end up pawned off to someone else in office.
Carrie herself was kind, compassionate, took time and care, and treated me like a human for sure. I cannot say the same of the office in general.
When I moved over to RPMG, and specifically Carrie, I did so because she was far more aggressive on testing than what other doctors who considered some forms experimental. She did a full blood work panel testing for auto-immune issues. They came back negative. She did a uterine lining biopsy or what they call a "mock" cycle to ensure that your body is absorbing the meds at a certain rate. In my case, this yielded results that I need my transfer after 7 days of progesterone vs. five - so helpful info. She also did a full "auto-immune" protocol which is where I get intralipid infusion, take prednisone, and lovenox all to ensure that my immune system doesn't try to kill the embryo.
They are lovely , but very uneven. Some show a lot of compassion and care, others don't. Some are organized, others not. There was turnover, and lack of consistency. Some were organized, others not at all....really depended.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The greatest weakness in the amount of time you'll wait for your appointment, and the lack of empathy from the staff who handles billing. Sometimes I'd be leaving in tears and they'd try to argue with me over a $60 ultrasound bill. The way I see it, you have my embryos, you have my credit card info, I don't need to sand in line crying to check out. We' re not running from paying. Additionally, there have been times where I am told to make sure I arrive on time for my appointment, and then I end up waiting one to two hours!! Not ok....PLUS I'd switched from a doctor who never made me wait more than 5 minutes, so I'd been spoiled.
$3500 for a transfer, $6900 for mini-stim, $6000 for genetic testing, $11,000 for full retrieval
Describe Carrie Wambach's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
We tried all variations - one, one tested, mutliples, mixed tested and untested. Each time there was a different approach and a different reason.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I had a mock cycle done and the doctor (not my primary) did not get enough sample material to biopsy - we had to do it again. Additionally, we thought our embryos had been submitted for testing, came back a month later to find out the testing hadn't begun.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. A [Gayane Ambartsumyan] is exactly what I want out of an RE. I’ve struggled with infertility and now repeat pregnancy loss, and she has shown great care, compassion and concern for me. I like that I always see her if she’s in the office (if she’s not in, I see one if her peers - I always see an RE, and they always do my ultrasounds and other procedures)... IUI 1-2: no meds IUI 3-4: 50mg of Clomid IVF #1: antagonist protocol (300iu Follistim, 150 Menopur, Cetrotide, hCG trigger) IVF #2: Long Lupron protocol (Lupron, 300iu Follistim, 150 Menopur, .5ml Omnitrope) IVF #3: Minimal stimulation protocol (100mg Clomid, 150iu Gonal-F, .5ml Omnitrope, Ganirelix, hCG trigger) IVF #4: Same protocol as IVF #3
The clinic is very busy. Wait times can be long, but that’s because you see a doctor at each visit, and they actually spend time with you answering questions, talking about concerns, etc. Treatment is expensive, but you’re paying for quality. Everyone is top notch...including the front office staff and billing.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. A is exactly what I want out of an RE. I’ve struggled with infertility and now repeat pregnancy loss, and she has shown great care, compassion and concern for me. I like that I always see her if she’s in the office (if she’s not in, I see one if her peers - I always see an RE, and they always do my ultrasounds and other procedures).
Strike a balance between trusting her, with also being your own advocate. She is incredibly receptive to ideas, etc.
Dr. A is amazing. She really takes the time to get to you know you, understand your concerns, alleviate those concerns (as much as she can), and set realistic expectations with you without alienating you or being callous/cold. She is incredibly accessible (gives out her cell phone number and email address), and truly cares about you as a person.
The nursing staff at RPMG is very busy, but I have never felt that they have dropped the ball, not followed through, etc. They are compassionate and sympathetic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
It’s very pricey. I had insurance coverage for my first two rounds, but exhausted it. My minimal stimulation cycles each cost $6500, plus $3000 for PGS testing. FET was $1900, with my insurance being billed for all monitoring appointments and bloodwork.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Andy Huang is a very positive and thorough doctor when you get to talk to him. He gives you contacts so that you can email or call him at any time. He always gets back to you within two days (usually in the late evenings.) The practice does not allow you to see him each time you visit...Dr.Andy Huang has the "go, go, go" speed to his talking and you can tell he is a very busy man, but will follow through and take the time to answer your questions if you need him to.
They [Repro Partners ] are open 7 days a week, which is a plus. They are flexible with your schedule. Although they only do procedure appointments (i.e. ultrasounds, IUI, IVF) in the mornings so almost all your appointments will be before 12...The money issue is very weird here...The forms they give you have all different numbers, and they highlight and write in information to change things. It is very confusing. I ended up paying much more than initially was on any paperwork.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Andy Huang is a very positive and thorough doctor when you get to talk to him. He gives you contacts so that you can email or call him at any time. He always gets back to you within two days (usually in the late evenings.) The practice does not allow you to see him each time you visit since he covers two practices, one in Redondo Beach and another in Beverly Hills. The other doctors though are very kind and knowledgeable as well. I mostly would see Dr. Yee and Dr. Ambartsumyan during my visits. The office is open everyday. This is really positive considering the stress that happens in timing and tracking that people trying to conceive go through. Having the multiple doctors allows the practice to do this. Dr.Andy Huang has the "go, go, go" speed to his talking and you can tell he is a very busy man, but will follow through and take the time to answer your questions if you need him to. I am not great at the asking part, so probably did not use this to my full advantage.
Always allow multiple hours for your appointments. Come in with your questions prepared. If you want to see Dr. Huang only, be prepared to go to both locations (Redondo Beach and Beverly Hills.) The practice is open every day with shorter hours on weekends so you don't have to stress over timing issues. (I even saw a Dr. on an Easter holiday.)
I would spend on average an hour at Dr. office for each appointment. The majority of that in waiting room after my appointment time. Once I would see a Dr. they had great bedside manner and were very positive, but the rest of the time I would be shuffled between this nurse and that room to another nurse for scheduling, to another for payment, then another for questions.
I had already been on Chlomid for 3 months prior to seeing Dr. Huang, so he began with Letrozole with IUI. We did this 4 times and then began the IVF protocol. The timing did not really work out so there was a 2 month break between. IUI and IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: I was, but saw so many I could not remember her name)
There were different people each time I came in. They did not really get personal, and relied mainly on the chart. I am a teacher so coming in was not the easiest thing to fit in my schedule when I had to wait an hour at a time to come in. They always accomodated my schedule while making the appointment, but the appointment time never stuck. They were always running late, or by their first come first serve basis. ( I saw at one appointment, that they triple booked the Dr. for one on one desk appointments which led me to sit for 75 minutes for mine.) I felt the nurses just tried to get you in and out of their care. Each one had a specific job (appointments, blood, billing, cleaning room, note taking) that I never felt any closeness to any of them and I spent the most time around them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They are open 7 days a week, which is a plus. They are flexible with your schedule. Although they only do procedure appointments (i.e. ultrasounds, IUI, IVF) in the mornings so almost all your appointments will be before 12. In the afternoon is when they do consult apppointments with Dr. I was told it was because they did not have full staff in afternoons. This was the downside for me since it was hard for me to take time off work in the mornings. The weekend appointments were great! Wait times were really a pain. My husband and I would take time off work to go to appointments and I started having my husband come about 45 minutes after our appointment time or call in because they never were on time. If you do not have a flexible work schedule, this could not be a good fit for you. Plan on being at office for at least 90 minutes. psychologically I had a hard time with this clinic because I need to make connections with people to feel comfortable and confident. This process is so HARD and consuming. Maybe there should be a counselor required to make it more successful. I just felt as if I was a number and it did not matter if treatment was successful or not. After my failed IVF I did not get any kind of followup. I did get a call from the nurse asking if I was ready to schedule my next appointment. Not in my book the same thing. The money issue is very weird here. You would think being a very successful Infertility clinic that the breakdown of cost would be very clear. It was not the case here. The forms they give you have all different numbers, and they highlight and write in information to change things. It is very confusing. I ended up paying much more than initially was on any paperwork. Which they verbally hint to but never put into writing,.
I spent roughly around $30,000 for 1 round of IVF and 4 months of IUI
I have a bicornuate uterus so Dr. Andy Huang decided that he would only transfer one embryo at a time due to complications that could happen with the pregnancy. This was decided in initial consult. I was not sure about it, but I followed his lead with him being the expert. I had 30 eggs retrieved, 8 embryos formed, and only one after genetic testing was viable. So I was only left with the one choice. The process from retrieval to insemination I felt became very rushed in that I did not get much information from doctors. I only got calls from nurses to relay information and they did not answer questions fully.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
My pregnancy results were not clear so there were follow ups and it took a few days to get sorted.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Huang has really great bedside manner and explains things very patiently and thoroughly. This was the one and only time I saw him. For subsequent visits and for my IUIs (back to back), I saw two different doctors at the practice...When the IUIs failed, I received a call from Dr. Huang way later urging me to consider moving onto IVF. But, during that call, it seemed like he was distracted & didn't review my chart (since he asked me a question that I thought should be obvious had he looked at my chart - if the IUI round they had done was the first).
The location isn't great. You have to anxiously search for free 2 hr street parking (which is sparse) or pay for underground parking (which is expensive). The waiting room [at Repro Partners - Bev Hills] leaves a lot to be desired. They blast music for privacy reasons but it can be painful when you have a hormone-induced migraine...Like the doctors at RP, the nurses are always rotating. You get whoever is available so I saw new faces all the time. I always had to reach out multiple times to get information that I needed.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Huang is the doctor that I wanted to see. However, he has a busy schedule and is at different offices. I only saw him during my consult and met different doctors for the first time when they popped into the room to do my IUIs. When the IUIs failed, I received a call from Dr. Huang way later urging me to consider moving onto IVF. But, during that call, it seemed like he was distracted & didn't review my chart (since he asked me a question that I thought should be obvious had he looked at my chart - if the IUI round they had done was the first).
Dr Huang is great and very reassuring if you can get time with him.
Clomid 50mg prior to IUI
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The location isn't great. You have to anxiously search for free 2 hr street parking (which is sparse) or pay for underground parking (which is expensive). The waiting room leaves a lot to be desired. They blast music for privacy reasons but it can be painful when you have a hormone-induced migraine.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Since we are MFI with low sperm and morphology, Dr Rosen (who did my last IUI of the two in two days) ordered a blood test for my husband to check for testosterone. Then when I asked about the results, they told me they just order the test but don't offer interpretations of it. So, why even order it? It was strange. I felt like the test was unnecessarily ordered. They should've told us to see a specialist. They also lost my husband's infectious disease results and had to delay my IUI for an hour (sperm don't last long outside of the body) while they searched for the results.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Ambartsumyan was a good fit for me. She was a good combination of practicality and optimism, always encouraging but not without making sure our expectations were realistic. ..Dr. A was especially devoted, providing her personal phone and email contacts. She would always respond within 24 hours or sooner (sometimes replying to emails in the middle of the night or early morning hours)...Dr. A recommended a estrogen-priming cycle, I believe because of my diminished ovarian reserve.
Some of this clinic's strengths are 1) it has a small practice feel and 2) it's comfortable and updated but not overtly pretentious. I do think that although it seems like a small practice, the clinic is taking on more and more patients. I say this because of some longer waits I experienced...RPMG shared its nursing staff across doctors...Treatment costs were straightforward and clear. My consultation was $324 including ultrasound...They were always warm and friendly and accommodating.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Ambartsumyan was a good fit for me. She was a good combination of practicality and optimism, always encouraging but not without making sure our expectations were realistic. For example, Dr. had indicated that I would likely not produce many eggs during my atom cycle. I knew that up front so I never felt discouraged when my scans only showed 6 follicles. However, I was very excited when Dr. A retrieved 12 eggs on retrieval day. Dr. A was always bubbly and personable, easily making conversation. She was always mindful of our time and schedule as we commuted 2-4 hours one-way (depending on traffic) to visit the Rendo Beach office.
Be open about concerns and have them addressed instead of worrying about them alone.
Dr. A and the entire staff made it a point to address me in a way that made me feel they were familiar with me and my medical history. They were always warm and friendly and accommodating. I know they have many patients, but I always felt I received the time and devotion I deserved. Dr. A was especially devoted, providing her personal phone and email contacts. She would always respond within 24 hours or sooner (sometimes replying to emails in the middle of the night or early morning hours).
Dr. A recommended a estrogen-priming cycle, I believe because of my diminished ovarian reserve. I was on a specific birth control pill before starting. Then transitioned to estrogen. The last part of my stim cycle included Follistim and Menopur followed by Ganirelix and Pregnyl. My stim medications were increased during monitoring. I produced 12 eggs, 10 of which fertilized via ICSI. 4 embryos arrested; a few had to grow longer than expected. 6 were sent for PGS, including a 5AC embryo that did not meet the clinics standard. 2 of the 6 were found to be chromosomally normal--a 5AA the 5AC. After this freeze-all cycle (and after my embryos underwent PGS), I was on birth control for a month or so. Then I went on estrogen at the beginning of my frozen embryo transfer. Luteal phase support included Endometrin. Since we were transferring a PGS-tested embryo we were happy to follow Dr. A's suggestion that she perform a eSET.
At the practice I went to immediately before Reproductive Partners Medical Group, each doctor had his own nursing staff dedicated to him and his patients. In contrast, RPMG shared its nursing staff across doctors (and even clinics for staffing reasons). I found RPMG's nursing staff to be much better at communicating. Every single nurse was clear and detailed in communicating the doctor's protocols. The nurses tasked with making sure I had the correct medication on time were cognizant of the financial pressure fertility treatments can place on a person. That being said they always gave suggestions for how and where to get the best prices and would fully pursue discounts I found on my own. The clinic was organized with the nursing station open and centrally located. The staff always demonstrated a high level of professionalism toward me and toward their colleagues. I always felt calm going into the clinic because the staff and doctors were calm (no matter how busy they were).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Some of this clinic's strengths are 1) it has a small practice feel and 2) it's comfortable and updated but not overtly pretentious. I do think that although it seems like a small practice, the clinic is taking on more and more patients. I say this because of some longer waits I experienced (especially on weekends) and from staff indicating they had more patients. Even when it was busy, the nurses and the doctor did their best to move patients along without sacrificing face-to-face appointment time. On a particularly busy day, I even witnessed Dr. Andy Hoang assist the nursing staff by prepping rooms and calling patients back himself. I appreciated that and felt it spoke to Dr. Hoang's commitment to the practice and his patients.
Treatment costs were straightforward and clear. My consultation was $324 including ultrasound. Each ultrasound outside of my stim cycle was $195 and labwork was approximately $60. The global fee for my freeze-all egg retrieval cycle was approximately $14k including the PGS biopsy, ICSI and assisted hatching. The cost of PGS payable to Igenomics was approximately $2k. A mock transfer/ saline sonography was performed before the transfer and cost $720. The frozen embryo transfer cost approximately $1600. Medications for the stim cycle and FET cycle totaled approximately $5400 (and includes Progesterone support after positive pregnancy test.
Our situation seemed straightforward. We wanted to avoid multiples. Having our embryos PGS-tested gave us peace of mind when deciding on the suggested eSET. Had they not been PGS-tested, I don't know what our doctor's suggestion would have been. I do think our decision on the number of embryos to transfer would have been much more difficult.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
These issues were minor and did not diminish my confidence in the clinic. On one occasion I saw a different doctor, Dr. Lee, and on entering the room and greeting me, he indicated that I was in a different phase of my protocol than I was. When I corrected him, he quickly revised his initial comments making me feel comfortable that, although he wasn't my regular doctor, he had educated himself on my medical file. On another occasion at the end of my treatment, I had to call to request my lab results. The lab work monitored my estrodial and progesterone levels as they weaned me off Estrace and Endometrin. Usually the doctor or nurse called within 1 to 2 days with results. On this occasion, I had my labwork done (by a separate lab) on Thursday and when I didn't hear from the clinic by Monday, I called them. I don't think this information was as critical as results would have been during the stim phase of my treatment.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Huang is strong in explaining infertility, treatments, and what he is observing on ultrasounds. He has a very soft-touch bedside manner. He comes off as a very kind, compassionate doctor. He comes off as experienced when he is talking. I enjoyed our visits because he is so personable. He would also call or email back in response to questions I had....We evaluated both of us for various explanations for infertility, decided to try on our own to conceive with help from tracking and ultrasounds for a period of time that we were comfortable with, and ultimately decided the next step after a period of unexplained infertility was to try IUI with clomid
This clinic [Repro Partners] is Strong in having a large staff with multiple competent doctors, many nurses and the ability to do procedures in house. They are staffed 7 days a week with early appointments. Wait times are sometimes the only issue. It is a popular clinic and many patients are scheduled during office hours so they can get backed up...Kind doctors and nurses who explained everything they were doing, observing, and gave advice that included patient's input.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Let him be the expert; you should give him feedback on your opinions on timing and comfort level with various procedures as the patient once you know what your options are.
We evaluated both of us for various explanations for infertility, decided to try on our own to conceive with help from tracking and ultrasounds for a period of time that we were comfortable with, and ultimately decided the next step after a period of unexplained infertility was to try IUI with clomid. It resulted in a successful pregnancy on the first try of IUI.
they were often my primary contact for questions or follow up from appointments or results.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
This clinic is Strong in having a large staff with multiple competent doctors, many nurses and the ability to do procedures in house. They are staffed 7 days a week with early appointments. Wait times are sometimes the only issue. It is a popular clinic and many patients are scheduled during office hours so they can get backed up. Try to go first thing in the morning or "off hours" and ask the nurses to tell you when it won't be busy or how to get seen faster when scheduling so you won't have to wait too long.
the costs were reasonable in my opinion, but negotiated under my insurance rates.
+ Read more- Read less

...The man [Dr. Andy Huang] even called me when he was on vacation out of the country and even checked on me over Easter weekend when I was 14 weeks pregnant. He loves to follow up with his patients even when your care with him his over. Answers every question you have. He gave me hope, when I no longer had hope for myself and after being treated rudely at Nashville Fertility. Also all care and appointments are managed by doctors only- no PA's or NP. As a fellow physician this was very impotent to me as this is more like concierge medicine since everything is paid out of pocket. He worked well with lab results that had to be done since I lived out of state and always communicated with my OB doc in my home state of KY. Again, I plan to tr
I did Attain Fertility [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group] where I got 2 cycles for around $21,000. Anesthesia costs around $800 My IVF meds per cycle were around 5-6k each time. Co- culture was $450 each time Since I was out of state I had to pay for additional lab monitoring and ultrasounds which was about $3,000 but if I had lived locally all of those would have been included with my Attain Fertility package...Jennifer was great in coordinating my schedule with Dr. Huang's. Also she was great since I was across the country at keeping me updated and made sure I had all my medications ordered and all paper work done. Always returned my phone calls/emails within the same day.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
This doctor is dying amazing. The man even called me when he was on vacation out of the country and even checked on me over Easter weekend when I was 14 weeks pregnant. He loves to follow up with his patients even when your care with him his over. Answers every question you have. He gave me hope, when I no longer had hope for myself and after being treated rudely at Nashville Fertility. Also all care and appointments are managed by doctors only- no PA's or NP. As a fellow physician this was very impotent to me as this is more like concierge medicine since everything is paid out of pocket. He worked well with lab results that had to be done since I lived out of state and always communicated with my OB doc in my home state of KY. Again, I plan to travel across country to see this man again if I decide to have another baby.
Be prepared to be treated like a celebrity. He makes you feel as if you are his only patient. Top of the line care!
Dr. Huang has the best bedside manner of any doctor ( not just REI) that I have ever seen. He gave me factual information, hope, and kindness. He made himself available 24/7 with phone, text, and e-mail. This man is like God's right hand to me! Brilliant doctor who communicates effectively and cares about his patients and outcomes.
DOR- Used Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Growth Hormone, pure HcG for trigger. Co-culture with follicular fluid. Did ICSI with both retrievals. Used Endometrin suppositories and than changed to IM progesterone. Took some estrogen tablets as well. Did use supplement and acupuncture.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strength was quality care with compassionate staff, excellent and clean facilities, great follow up with labs/test results. Can't think of any weakness except I wish Dr. Huang was on the east coast and closer to me!
I did Attain Fertility where I got 2 cycles for around $21,000. Anesthesia costs around $800 My IVF meds per cycle were around 5-6k each time. Co- culture was $450 each time Since I was out of state I had to pay for additional lab monitoring and ultrasounds which was about $3,000 but if I had lived locally all of those would have been included with my Attain Fertility package.
First time- only had Day 3 embryos- transfer 2 and ended up with chemical pregnancy. 2nd time- placed 2 Day 5 Blastocysts. 1 took!
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Gayane Ambartsumyan] was very particular about my uterine lining. At the end of each visit she set expectations for how she wanted to see my lining in 1 week. She was very conservative with her numbers, but it helped me to be more realistic. If she said she saw the lining at 6 mm she would write down 5.5 because she wanted to give some wiggle room to allow the additional medicine to make a difference. She would see me each week and if something needed tweaking she would suggest it. Instead of doing the same thing week after week with no results, she would have me take baby aspirin or use a heating bad to stimulate blood flow or add prenatal vitamins. When my ERA biopsy came back post receptive, she added 2 extra days of progesterone instead of 1 to make sure that next time i was tested the results would be better, and they were! She is a problem solver and always delivers on her expectation of providing results.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] is very organized and prompt with returning phone calls. All of the nurses work closely together and will consult on a single patient if need be. I would prepare for a lot of testing as a new patient, and they do get busy on weekends and during the lunch hour. I did have to look after them to get back to me on billing, but i was able to get it resolved.
Dr A as a person is funny and treats me like I've been coming to her for years. She always says hello to me even if I am just stopping by for lab work and do not have an appointment with her. When I had to see another doctor and was worried about how he would read my information, she made plenty of notes in my file and asked him to contact her if further clarification was needed. I finally felt like I was making progress when I started seeing her as my primary doctor. She regularly calls me after appointments, even sometimes after 5 p.m. She spends close to 10 minutes on the phone and listens to me if I have worries or am nervous. She does not care if she has to repeat herself or if i ask for further clarification. She is so caring and attentive and makes me feel like I am important and strives to make this entire process as painless as possible.
I would tell them that Dr A is absolutely wonderful and they are lucky to have her with them during the sometimes rocky road of infertility.
Dr A made me feel like a person because she showed genuine sympathy and compassion. She is always smiling and brings a postive feel to my appointments. After my first appointment with her, she called me to personally follow up and clarify what she was trying to accomplish by ordering a specific set of tests/labs. By just taking the time to make sure I understood and felt comfortable with her approach, I had a completely different outlook on this whole process. Before seeing her I felt lost, frustrated, and confused. Now I can honestly see a light at the end of the tunnel and am happy to say I trust her completely. I don't know what i would do without her to walk with me on this journey!
She was very particular about my uterine lining. At the end of each visit she set expectations for how she wanted to see my lining in 1 week. She was very conservative with her numbers, but it helped me to be more realistic. If she said she saw the lining at 6 mm she would write down 5.5 because she wanted to give some wiggle room to allow the additional medicine to make a difference. She would see me each week and if something needed tweaking she would suggest it. Instead of doing the same thing week after week with no results, she would have me take baby aspirin or use a heating bad to stimulate blood flow or add prenatal vitamins. When my ERA biopsy came back post receptive, she added 2 extra days of progesterone instead of 1 to make sure that next time i was tested the results would be better, and they were! She is a problem solver and always delivers on her expectation of providing results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Maria Is just like a great friend who happens to work at my clinic. She always calls me to give me status on lab work, genetic testing, when my eggs arrived, or to ask me questions. She is always very responsive via email or phone and will return my voice messages the same day. I firmly believe that a doctor's best weapon is a responsive and caring nurse team and i am so grateful for Maria and her diligence and follow-through!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic is very organized and prompt with returning phone calls. All of the nurses work closely together and will consult on a single patient if need be. I would prepare for a lot of testing as a new patient, and they do get busy on weekends and during the lunch hour. I did have to look after them to get back to me on billing, but i was able to get it resolved. I wish they would accept my insurance (bcbs ppo)
Costs have been considerable as my insurance is not accepted at RPMG. All has been out of pocket
i have not yet had that conversation with dr a as my eggs have not yet been thawed and fertilized.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
We loved Dr. Rosen. He was compassionate and gave us fantastic care. I have no complaints. He was willing to trust our past success with other physicians as opposed to being arrogant and having to do things his own way. He did not have an agenda other than accommodating our needs as a family according to our values.... He was kind, respectful and above all he was willing to work within our ethical parameters to help us get pregnant.
I DO NOT like that this clinic [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] is located in Beverly Hills. They also always ran late. They billed properly and we're helpful with cash pay, but the running late drove me crazy. Sometimes it would be an hour or two late!... compared to other offices I've seen I felt valued and like I was the only patient. Though they ran late, it was because they never rushed you and we're willing to spend quality time.
European, Latino, Other, Prefer not to answer
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
To be willing to discuss and put forth your opinions so that he can know where you are coming from. I truly believe that is how we got pregnant!
My husband and I are very conservative in the way we approach I've. We are less concerned with pregnancy and more concerned with the preservation of life. Though Dr. Rosen disagreed with our standpoint he never made us feel guilty or that our ethics were a problem. He was kind, respectful and above all he was willing to work within our ethical parameters to help us get pregnant.
For a frozen embryo transfer we used progesterone in Ethyl oleate, no birth control, and estrace pills. We also did strict bedrest.
I had access to my physician often so the nursing staff and any issues I had was less bothersome. Truthfully, I did not find them to be anything but vanilla.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I DO NOT like that this clinic is located in Beverly Hills. They also always ran late. They billed properly and we're helpful with cash pay, but the running late drove me crazy. Sometimes it would be an hour or two late!
It totally ruined my schedule. But I will say that compared to other offices I've seen I felt valued and like I was the only patient. Though they ran late, it was because they never rushed you and we're willing to spend quality time.
We began with insurance coverage and ended up paying cash. We paid approximately $10,000 for a transfer.
Describe Gregory Rosen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Our embryo quality was very good and our physician believed that statistics showed we would lower our chances of preserving each individual embryo if we put more than one in. We chose to do one at a time.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Ambartsumyan has a caring manner.... I think some of the processes could have been explained better, for instance during our IUI treatments Dr Ambartsumyan was on vacation and we saw other doctors but I was not told that she was out of town and thought this was just the way the clinic ran... We did 3 IUIs with clomid because we had some male factor (morphology and motility) no pregnancies. IVF retrieval, antagonist protocol as i had high AMH and seemed to have good egg reserve based on other parameters.
The nursing staff [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] was nice but I was not assigned to one particular nurse which makes it harder to provide continuity in care.... Be prepared to have your mind boggled trying to figure out the actual cost. They did directly bill anything they could to insurance like consultations which was convenient. The front desk staff were very nice. We often waited a long time for appointments.... They offered a risk share program through a 3rd party vendor you could join if you qualified. They also offered some kind of program through the clinic that if you were unsuccessful after the second ivf retrieval and using all embryos you would get the third cycle free
Dr Ambartsumyan has a caring manner. Our results were not as good as we had hoped given the number of eggs retreived and i may not have been as straightforward a case as originally anticipated. It was alluded to that I might have poor egg quality which caused me a lot of emotional distress. While this could still be true I would have appreciated a more transparent assessment of the role that the hormones can play in egg quality especially since the first retrieval involves a bit more guess work as to how your body will respond to treatment. We decided to get a second opinion and do another retrieval before doing a transfer. My assessment at a different clinic was that I had probably been overstimulated on all IUIs and IVF and had a much better embryo result on my second retrieval at another clinic. In fairness Dr Ambartsumyan had also said that she would give me less medication if I did another retrieval.
If you don't understand something to speak up.
Dr. Ambartsumyan has a good bedside manner. I felt the clinic in general was a bit confusing especially for a first time infertility patient.
We did 3 IUIs with clomid because we had some male factor (morphology and motility) no pregnancies. IVF retrieval, antagonist protocol as i had high AMH and seemed to have good egg reserve based on other parameters. High number of eggs retrieved, poor fertilization. Had some embryos to freeze, one ok quality blastocyst, one not so great blastocyst and two that were not yet blastocysts. We did not do a transfer and still have the embryos frozen.
The nursing staff was nice but I was not assigned to one particular nurse which makes it harder to provide continuity in care. I think some of the processes could have been explained better, for instance during our IUI treatments Dr Ambartsumyan was on vacation and we saw other doctors but I was not told that she was out of town and thought this was just the way the clinic ran depending on who was on that day, but actually it seems you will see your primary Dr for everything under normal circumstances.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The financial consultation was confusing and our consultant was not very compassionate. Be prepared to have your mind boggled trying to figure out the actual cost. They did directly bill anything they could to insurance like consultations which was convenient. The front desk staff were very nice. We often waited a long time for appointments. Newbies should make sure they ask questions if anything doesn't seem right.
They offered a risk share program through a 3rd party vendor you could join if you qualified. They also offered some kind of program through the clinic that if you were unsuccessful after the second ivf retrieval and using all embryos you would get the third cycle free (may have also been some qualification requirements). The IUIs were cheaper than they would have been at some other clinics because our insurance policy covered ultrasounds.
Seemed to be based on the situation, we could have done two embryo transfer if we wanted to based on the quality of blastocysts we had to transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

They [Dr. Marli Amin and her staff] were very specific to my cases never did I once here a comparison btwn myself and other cases. My case is very unique and unlike many others; and because of it I never felt she was very sympathetic and understanding.... There are many doctors at that practice. I can sincerely say there IS no weaknesses. If for whatever reason I had to see a different Dr; nothing was ever lost in translation, nor did it ever slip through the cracks. I was always able to reach Dr. Amin by email, and if she preferred to talk vs. emailing she would call me if she could. I even emailed her once while she was on vacation, and she responded immediately. I appreciated having her be that accessible.
[The nurses at Reproductive Partners Medical Group were] Well informed. If I had a question re: meds I would always ask to speak to dr before hand. Of course, staff always needed to screen the call and I get that. When I advised any questions or concerns I had; they would help me without me needing to talk to Dr.Amin. Schedule kindly and greatfuly around my work schedule
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Don’t worry. The road ahead with any fertility treatment is difficult as it is. There is no need to worry if Dr.Amin is the right doctor for you.
They were very specific to my cases never did I once here a comparison btwn myself and other cases. My case is very unique and unlike many others; and because of it I never felt she was very sympathetic and understanding.
I had tubal dye study done prior to beginning and treatment. As a result we noticed there was some blockage; leading to a surgery. After that was done; we began the rounds of IUI. With clomid to help along the way.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Be patient. Sometimes, like any doctors office they run behind. Rarely does it affect ones appt. This office is quick and very knowledgeable about your case regardless of who you are talking to. A weakness I would say would be is that they are not remotely close to where I live so sometimes scheduling appointments before or after work it’s hard with traffic it’s either the office in orange county or LA
$2,000-$5000
Yes, when we begin the IVF process she strongly recommends one embryo at a time. Considering my age

Unexplained, Other
Dr. Yee was very knowledgeable and trustworthy. During our, consultations He took the time to answer all my questions. I loved that he didn't demand a protocol or treatment schedule, but he advised us on what was best and laid out our options to choose from. I felt he was thorough with testing before we started any treatments. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, which left me with no answers. Dr. Yee suggested we head to IUI and thought we had good chances of conceiving with IUI due to our unexplained diagnosis. After the first IUI with clomid, I wanted to skip to injectables and Dr. Yee was open to moving forward and listened to my complaints and suggestions. His character made me trust him, and I am glad we did, even though it took us 4 IUIs to get pregnant. My only complaint was Dr. Yee lacked bedside manner. At times I felt like I was just a number and not a patient he really wanted to help. Also, the way the clinic is run, I didn't always see Dr. Yee. There were a few cycles where I didn't see him at all, and other RE's did my treatment. I didn't mind this because Dr. Yee seemed to stay in good communication with the entire staff. I would recommend Dr. Yee to a friend of mine and I would go back to him in the future. Overall I was happy with my experience with Dr. Yee, and it didn't hurt that we got our miracle baby!
The clinic is set up as a rotation of doctors. There is about 4 on staff doctors so be aware that you may not see your doctor often. BUT, regardless all of the staff is great and trustworthy, so even though I didn't see mine often I felt like I was taking care of. The clinic is organized, all doctors and nurses will be up to date on your treatment plan, and it is running smoothly. I always felt like I got in and got out which is great because who wants to wait at the doctor for a long time. Communication is key, you may feel a little lost if you are the sit back and go with the flow kind of person. Speak up, ask questions and for directions. At first, I felt a little lost like they expected I knew what I was doing, but as soon as I asked the whole staff was great at explaining. Remember you have a voice, if you don't like something, or don't feel good about a treatment plan, advocate for yourself.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Ask a lot of questions, you are your best advocate. I felt heard when I was communicating and inquiring about myself and my treatment plan.
I felt treated somewhere in the middle of a number and a human. I think he lacked bedside manner, which made me feel more like a number. Sometimes I questioned if we were just going through the motions of our plan.
We tried Clomid 50 mg for 2 cycles + a trigger to make sure I ovulated on time. I already ovulated on my own, but Dr. Yee thought this would boost ovulation and produce more follicles to up our chances of conceiving. Both cycles I got 1to 2 eggs and did not conceive. We moved on to IUI + Injectables + trigger shot + endometrium. During these cycles, I did double IUIs, one 24 hours after trigger, and one 48 hours after trigger. The injectables I was on was Gonal-F and I used 75iu every day until I was ready for a trigger. Each cycle on this protocol I produced 3-4 follicles. We had two cycles the failed and got negative pregnancy tests. The very last cycle of IUI (my 4th and final one), we caught a follicle and it implanted into a baby boy!
I loved the nursing staff! When Dr. Yee lacked bedside manner, the nurses definitely stepped up. They always made me feel welcomed. I felt like they were rooting for me. They were professional and organized. And I felt like I could ask them anything. They made all the difference and I appreciate them so much.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I had 50% coverage on testing, ultrasounds, and IUI. All IVF and Meds would be out of pocket. I paid about 1300 a cycle, but most of that was meds because injectables were completely out of pocket.

2013 - 2016
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Rosen took the time to really learn my body, how it worked and what course of action we should take. He always made my health a priority and never proceeded with a cycle of things weren't 100%. He was humorous when he needed to be to and compassionate when we needed it. He was very thoughtful in his plans and he showed no hesitation to cancel plans for a transfer of something wasn't right and my body wasn't cooperating. I never felt rushed during appointments and took the time to explain everything to me as many times as I needed it.
The office staff, from the front desk people to the nurses were wonderful [at Reproductive Partners]. I bonded with a few people and they were there to answer my many emails, questions, help me resolve any insurance billing issues and more. They took care of me personally.... We chose a plan that was $18k for a retrieval one subsequent transfers.... They are incredibly busy, but I found if I made my appointments for first thing in the morning at opening, I was in and out quicker.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, Other
He is flamboyant, has a sense of humor. I appreciated this because it humanize him and allowed us to connect as humans more. He has a tough job, and I can understand his need to lighten the mood.
Dr. Rosen become someone who genuinely became concerned with my health first and foremost. He constantly reassured me that it wasn't about getting us pregnant, it was about getting us a healthy pregnancy and baby. He was available to us to talk us through results, plans, and he learned about us as individuals.
After 3 failed IUIs, we proceeded with having a hysteroscopic polypectomy to ensure my uterus was ideal for egg implantation. We used an antagonist protocol to suppress ovulation and stim: gonal F, Lupron and then a trigger shot. He had me on a low dose of aspirin and Synthroid to lower my thyroid level to enhance our chances. I ovulated naturally, had a good number of follicles and was "young" by fertility standards. Through our monitoring of my cycles for months prior to beginning IVF, he learned how my body responded to meds. We found that my body was not absorbing the progesterone suppositories well enough to sustain a pregnancy, so we changed to PIO injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Eva Duncan )
The office staff, from the front desk people to the nurses were wonderful. I bonded with a few people and they were there to answer my many emails, questions, help me resolve any insurance billing issues and more. They took care of me personally.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They are incredibly busy, but I found if I made my appointments for first thing in the morning at opening, I was in and out quicker. Even if I was seen "late" I was never rushed during my appointment.
We chose a plan that was $18k for a retrieval one subsequent transfers. We did not have fertility coverage from our insurance at the time, but we were able to finance our cycle through our clinic.
Dr. Rosen constantly explained that he wanted us to have a healthy pregnancy and baby-this meant he was comfortable with transferring one embryo at a time. I felt the same way, and being a premature twin myself, I understood his reservations about transferring more than one. Especially given that our primary reason for needing IVF was male factor infertility.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
During our last transfer, in hopes of having a second child, our nurse forgot to call us with our negative pregnancy results. I already knew I wasn't pregnant, but I reached out to our doctor to let him know the nurse didn't call and it was after hours. He called us back himself with the results and was apologetic.

2 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
I would highly recommend Dr Rosen and Dr Huang. They are both extremely knowledgeable and very trustworthy. They do not always tell you what you want to hear, but you know that they are always being honest with you. They also have a great way of explaining things that can be very difficult to understand...They also gave me their cell phone numbers and called me personally after each procedure to check on me.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Meet with him for a consultation to see if you feel that it would be a good fit.
Dr Rosen and Dr. Huang always know who I am when they see me walk through the door. They also gave me their cell phone numbers and called me personally after each procedure to check on me.
We tried IUI and IVF with our own eggs and sperm, but are now in the process of using donor eggs.
The nurses were always very knowledgeable and compassionate. I felt that they often went above and beyond.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Pros - I like that the clinic is open seven days a week and that they are open very early in the morning. The office is very nice. Cons - Parking is difficult to find, unless you park in the ramp, which is expensive and isn't validated. The financing for donor eggs is very difficult to understand. We even sat down with one of the staff from the office who walked through the different scenarios with us, but there were so many conditions that it was very difficult to figure out ahead of time how much money we needed for everything. The whole egg donation process was very confusing and stressful. There is a contact person at the office, but you need to do most of the legwork on your own to find a donor and an agency first, which is a difficult process. We felt very alone during this process.
Very confusing

1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
Dr Wambach was one of the best doctors I have ever encountered, she spent time looking at every issue we could be encountering that might be stopping me falling pregnant and didn't rush into IVF. She took the time to always answer our questions even when she was very busy and was available by text or email at all hours...She was kind, respectful and honest about what we were going through and hugely optimistic about our chances...
The best thing about Reproductive Partners is their approach to your treatment, I really felt like it was tailored to our needs and that we weren't rushed into a standard procedure. I really appreciated this after 3 failed attempts at another clinic. The weaknesses are definitely the links between the doctors and the nurses, and they need to work on ensuring this is seamless. It would be great if you always saw the same nurse as I think always swapping nurses means information gets lost...
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
Don't be afraid to ask all your questions even when she seems very busy.
When making the eggs I took growth hormone to ensure we got a good number of quality eggs. We then had them all frozen to allow them to be genetically tested. She prescribed thyroid medicine to address a small issue there and performed surgery to remove a uterine septum. After the failure of the first transfer I underwent a protocol to suppress my immune system which resulted in my first pregnancy after four years of trying to conceive and 4 unsuccessful IVF cycles.
Although my husband and I think very highly of Reproductive Partners and their team, there were stressful moments in our treatment that were mainly related to poor communication between the doctors and the nurses. Mistakes were made when communicating essential details about my treatment and at times we didn't receive the information we needed, often in time sensitive situations.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
People did complain about waiting for appointments but it was never an issue for me, I was happy to wait as it was just the nature of going to that kind of clinic. During our time at Reproductive Partners they did make changes to the system which seemed to reduce the waiting time.
We paid around $20,000 for our IVF treatment, including the genetic testing of our embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I have had issues where my chart was wrong and I was due for a procedure on the wrong day, and where I was told to stop taking medication when I actually needed to continue taking it.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Yee] is an incredibly intelligent doctor and he has a lot of experience in his field and explains things in a clear and easy to understand manner. He has also been compassionate and understanding during some tough times. Dr. Yee is my primary doctor at the clinic, but I typically see other doctors for most of my appointments (ultrasounds, monitoring, etc.). I believe he performs a lot of the major procedures at the clinic, so he's not always available. I don't mind this as I've had positive experiences with all of the other doctors, but I did want to point this out...
I've typically not had long waits for my weekday appointments [at Repro Partners - Redondo]- usually no more than 20 minutes for a morning appointment. I have had a few longer waits (30-45 minutes) during weekend appointments because (as others have mentioned) they are not fully staffed on the weekend. I consider it a plus that they offer appointments on Saturdays and Sundays, so this doesn't bother me. I have had a few billing issues at this clinic where I've been over charged. No matter which clinic you go to I would suggest keeping detailed records of all of your expenses, copies of all of your receipts, and asking questions if something looks incorrect...
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
My experience with Dr. Yee has been positive overall. He is an incredibly intelligent doctor and he has a lot of experience in his field and explains things in a clear and easy to understand manner. He has also been compassionate and understanding during some tough times. Dr. Yee is my primary doctor at the clinic, but I typically see other doctors for most of my appointments (ultrasounds, monitoring, etc.). I believe he performs a lot of the major procedures at the clinic, so he's not always available. I don't mind this as I've had positive experiences with all of the other doctors, but I did want to point this out.
Understand that if Dr. Yee is your primary doctor you will not see him at all of your appointments; however, you are in very good hands with any of the other doctors at the clinic.
There does seem to be a high patient volume at this clinic, but the doctors and staff do a good job remembering names and faces. All of the doctors I have worked with at this clinic have been kind and knowledgeable. Most of the nurses and other staff at the office are friendly as well. Some of the nurses have more matter-of-fact attitudes than others, but they have all been courteous and willing to answer any questions.
I don't remember the specifics of the protocol for my first IVF cycle, but I was closely monitored the whole time and adjustments were made to my medications when necessary.
Most of the nurses on staff are friendly. Some are more matter-of-fact than others (which can come off as unfriendly at times), but all of them have been willing to help me and answer any questions I've had. You don't have a dedicated nurse at this clinic, so you'll typically interact with 3-5 different nurses during any given treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I would say that this clinic is pretty well run. I've typically not had long waits for my weekday appointments - usually no more than 20 minutes for a morning appointment. I have had a few longer waits (30-45 minutes) during weekend appointments because (as others have mentioned) they are not fully staffed on the weekend. I consider it a plus that they offer appointments on Saturdays and Sundays, so this doesn't bother me. I have had a few billing issues at this clinic where I've been over charged. No matter which clinic you go to I would suggest keeping detailed records of all of your expenses, copies of all of your receipts, and asking questions if something looks incorrect.
Monitoring appointments are always done in the mornings (before 11am). I don't know if they make exceptions for this. I prefer morning appointments so this has not been an issue for me.
I do not have insurance coverage for anything infertility related so costs are very expensive, but comparable to other clinics in the area. They will go over financing options with you if you are a candidate.

2013 - 2015
He [Dr. Andy Huang] is warm and accessible, even offering his personal mobile number so he can be reached for any and all concerns-even whilst on vacation. He is incredibly caring and supportive even as it pertains to the financial burden of his services for so many of us. For example, he is always quick to waive a service if he feels we could forego it and save on expenses. I cannot recommend him enough.
I felt that if I didn't micromanage every detail of my treatment [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group], I would get conflicting information and my protocol would slip between the cracks...Competitive but expensive...Excellent doctors; terrible staff (nurses and billing). Bills at checkout never reflected accurately and it took me furnishing them with paid invoices to avoid being double-charged. The waiting room is completely overpopulated and appointments run incredibly late. Even if you go when they open their doors, you often wait at least 45 minutes to an hour to be seen. Parking is overpriced and you pay more for waiting beyond the time of your appointment than you do for your visit with the doctor.
2013 - 2015
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I spoke to this in the last question, but, Dr. Hang's bedside manner and accessibility deserve special mention. I can't imagine any area of medicine that demands more vulnerability, and Dr. Huang brings 100% to this effort and truly makes his patients feel like they have an advocate and a friend.
I would recommend him wholeheartedly, but I would caution them about the inherent difficulties of working with a very busy medical team and office.
it is no surprise that Dr. Huang is one of the sought after reproductive endocrinologists in the LA area. He is warm and accessible, even offering his personal mobile number so he can be reached for any and all concerns-even whilst on vacation. He is incredibly caring and supportive even as it pertains to the financial burden of his services for so many of us. For example, he is always quick to waive a service if he feels we could forego it and save on expenses. I cannot recommend him enough.
I believe it was pretty standard, however, we had to use ICSI. I recall using Menopur, Lupron, Gonal-F, Cetrotide, as well as estrogen patches (Minivelle) and progesterone supplements well into my pregnancy (Crinone). Visits consisted of blood draws and transvaginal ultrasounds.
Constant staff changes, disorganized team who never seemed to recall my case; felt like I had to micromanage so I could ensure my medications and protocols were correct; terrible at blood draws, often taking multiple attempts. Generally unfriendly and lacked overall knowledge in their field.
Competitive but expensive
Dr. Huang did not see any reason to transfer more than one embryo.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I felt that if I didn't micromanage every detail of my treatment, I would get conflicting information and my protocol would slip between the cracks.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Gregory Rosen] made some vital mistakes. I shared I had symptoms of hypothyroidism and insisted my thyroid be tested. When the results returned a TSH level over 3, Dr. Rosen insisted this was normal. I later on my own had my thyroid tested by well known Endocrinologist who shared I did in fact have two issues going on with my thyroid. This Endocrinologist shared ideally a person's TSH level should be 2.5 or lower in order to conceive. He also shared, when under going fertility treatments with the use of fertility meds, a compromised thyroid is further compromised. Medication dosages should be adjusted accordingly. I found Dr. Rosen to be too egotistical at times. Perhaps needless to say, I left Reproductive Partners shortly after.
I felt comfortable with all the nurses at all times [at Reproductive Partners]. I don't recall any issues...There are several other doctors within this clinic worthy of seeing...I felt like patients were on a conveyor belt. Get them in and out. Myself included. At random times I would be presented with a different doctor without being told this would happen on the dates of the appointments...He [Dr. Gregory Rosen] has great reviews and mainly is well regarded. I have met several people who like me found he made some mistakes that would have made the difference between successfully conceiving or not. He is friendly enough.
He made some vital mistakes. I shared I had symptoms of hypothyroidism and insisted my thyroid be tested. When the results returned a TSH level over 3, Dr. Rosen insisted this was normal. I later on my own had my thyroid tested by well known Endocrinologist who shared I did in fact have two issues going on with my thyroid. This Endocrinologist shared ideally a person's TSH level should be 2.5 or lower in order to conceive. He also shared, when under going fertility treatments with the use of fertility meds, a compromised thyroid is further compromised. Medication dosages should be adjusted accordingly. I found Dr. Rosen to be too egotistical at times. Perhaps needless to say, I left Reproductive Partners shortly after.
He has great reviews and mainly is well regarded. I have met several people who like me found he made some mistakes that would have made the difference between successfully conceiving or not. He is friendly enough.
We used Femara tablets I believe cycle days 5-9 and triggered ovulation using an injection. If memory serves it was Ovidrel. Femara was used to help recruit multiple eggs to grow. Ovidrel was used to make sure I actually ovulated. I used Clear Blue OPKs at home to monitor my surge.
I felt comfortable with all the nurses at all times. I don't recall any issues.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
There are several other doctors within this clinic worthy of seeing.
I actually don't recall. It was competitive to the market.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Rosen] was always personable but i felt he sometimes contradicted himself - telling me different things on later vista than what he had said on earlier visits. I also remember feeling conflicted between following his advice to the letter and going with my gut instinct. I wanted to trust him as he's the professional but something just told me I still had to look out for my own best interests...I think he's very realistic with you - maybe somewhat pessimistic. I feel he's probably better with IVF patients - I don't feel he gave the exact same attention / seriousness to IUIs.
I think they [Reproductive Partners Medical Group - LA] take you more seriously for IVF - for IUI, you have to do more self-advocating and suggest treatments you've heard about. They are always busy - which is not necessarily a bad thing - but sometimes there are long waits to be seen. It's a calm, friendly, clean facility - the nursing team are great - the doctors I just found a little distracted....[Nurses are] Very professional - I always felt well looked after...
He was always personable but i felt he sometimes contradicted himself - telling me different things on later vista than what he had said on earlier visits. I also remember feeling conflicted between following his advice to the letter and going with my gut instinct. I wanted to trust him as he's the professional but something just told me I still had to look out for my own best interests.
I was always treated pleasantly I think - sometimes I was spoken down to or not given enough info but overall it was OK
2 IUI cycles with clomid. Good balance of seeing what happened naturally with an extra, non-invasive boost given my age. At the initial consult, Rosen said how critical timing was and how it was best to have the sperm there waiting for the egg to release. On both failed IUIs with him, the pre-procedure U/S showed I had already ovulated - he said it was fine as the egg could last up to 24 hrs but I felt it contradicted what he's said originally and was not giving me my best chance.
Very professional - I always felt well looked after
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I think they take you more seriously for IVF - for IUI, you have to do more self-advocating and suggest treatments you've heard about. They are always busy - which is not necessarily a bad thing - but sometimes there are long waits to be seen. It's a calm, friendly, clean facility - the nursing team are great - the doctors I just found a little distracted.
I think around $80-$120 per visit - usually because each involved an ultrasound. I think the actual IUI was about $300
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
It was the timing of the IUIs which was the main thing - proceeding to do them after ovulation when I had been told initially it was more effective to do it just before
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Have the nurses write a note in your file that you definitely want to see Dr Huang for every one of your visits if possible. Sometimes he has to be out of the office to perform procedures for other patients, but seeing him almost exclusively can be done! Dr Huang is extremely knowledgable and realistic. He doesn't sugarcoat procedures or outcomes, but at the same time shows compassion and willingness to adjust treatment to provide a better outcome. He also provided me with his cell phone and email and was always prompt in answering my messages.
The clinic can go to extremes, either very empty or very busy. It can get very busy on the weekends when usually only one doctor is in the office and patients can get backed up. Otherwise, it's very efficient getting bloodwork in on time, training to do injects, helping understand the financial aspects....Kate was my main contact but I saw several different nurses during the course of my treatments. Most were very knowledgable and helpful.
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Huang is very personable, friendly, and available to his pateints.
I was diagnosed with repeated pregnancy loss due to egg quality issues mainly attributed to maternal age. I was on an antagonist protocol using Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix. I also used HgH in my 2nd cycle only. Cycle 1-10 eggs retrieved, of which 9 were mature; 7 fertilized with ICSI; 3 made it to blastocyst stage for PGS biopsy; 1 normal embryo. Cycle 2 - 11 eggs, of which 10 were mature; 9 fertilized with ICSI; 3 made it to blast stage for PGS; 0 normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Kate )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
We did the Global plan where we prepaid for 2 basic IVF cycles for $17,000. We paid separately for medication, anesthesia during egg retrieval, ICSI, PGS biopsy and testing...all in all, about $40,000-50,000. But take into account we had one cancelled cycle in between the 2 completed cycles, which raised the total because of the meds we'd already paid for.