Reproductive Partners Medical Group

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
6332 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
510 N. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
13950 Milton Ave
Westminster, CA 92683
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Medical Group to a friend?
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] - top notch partners and rotating doctors who have made documented and published contributions to their fields, doctors who consult with each other, ultrasound tech on staff who steps in when they are busy, in- house surgery center and crypto freezers, flabotomist staffed, and very nice front of office staff. Weakness - billing office does not answer the phone or call you back, billing system is difficult to decode and understand, cancelled cycle fees are charged
European, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths - top notch partners and rotating doctors who have made documented and published contributions to their fields, doctors who consult with each other, ultrasound tech on staff who steps in when they are busy, in- house surgery center and crypto freezers, flabotomist staffed, and very nice front of office staff. Weakness - billing office does not answer the phone or call you back, billing system is difficult to decode and understand, cancelled cycle fees are charged
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. A is truely interested in my life. She always asks me about work and my family in a genuine way and shares things about her life as well. She has called me or texted me in the evening on multiple occasions when she could have been spending time with her family. Dr. A is very empathetic when dealing with disappointment and does everything she can to comfort us.
The nursing staff is stacked full of caring people who cheer you on, thoroughly explain medications and who are willing to accommodate for scheduling requests. They also always call back in a timely fashion.
How was your experience with Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I have had a long and rough road with treatments. Dr. A has not given up on my desire to use my own eggs. With a low anteral count, it has been a challenge. She employs patience during my very long cycles upwards of 120 days and does everything possible to avoid canceling a cycle. When regrouping after a failure, she is always coming up with a new protocol in the effort to find something that will work. She is even open to suggestions from me and is always telling me to read about my infertility problems and to do my research.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Don’t be afraid to share your ideas and ask lots of questions. Dr. A is very open to it.
Describe the protocols Gayane Ambartsumyan used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
Clomid 100 with iui -1 follicle Clomid 150 - 1 follicle Letrozol 75 with iui - 1 follicle Follistim 100 with IVF - 1 follicle, 1 egg retrieved, abnormal fertilization Gonal f 100 with IVF - 1 follicle, 1 egg retrieved, abnormal fertilization Lupron mini flare w/menopur IVF - cancelled cycle Clomid and Letrozol together then added gonol 100 for 6 days IVF - 1 follicle, 1 egg retrieved, fertilized and frozen Menopur with clomid IVF - 2 follicles for retrieval, waiting for fertilization results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
IUI - $500 plus $160 per ultrasound Min Stim IVF - $5500 Mild stim IVF - $6500
Describe Gayane Ambartsumyan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Dr. A promotes eSET.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
We love the clinic [Reproductive Partners Med Group] but hate the wait time. It’s obviously going to happen though when you, along with everyone else, loves the clinic and the doctor’s they are working with. That’s probably the only complaint.... We have always had such a great experience with everyone in that office. We are now on a first name basis with pretty much all of the staff and everyone is always so warm and welcoming. We can sit and chat with the financial woman all day.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
We love the clinic but hate the wait time. It’s obviously going to happen though when you, along with everyone else, loves the clinic and the doctor’s they are working with. That’s probably the only complaint.
After both miscarriages and our last negative pregnancy test, Dr. A has called us to apologize and we meet after each loss/NPT and discuss what is our next step. She’s personable and genuinely cares about us and her other patients. She puts thought into what else we can do to make things work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Guzman)
Dr. A has always gone out of her way to make sure we are comfortable, we understand everything we will be doing and she sets time aside to talk to you when she’s at home. She wants to make sure we’re okay. She greets us personally in the waiting room, and won’t allow us to leave until she’s certain that we understand and that we are all on the same page, in terms of other options we have moving forward. She gets to know us as humans, not just patients.
Be open. Know that things won’t always go as planned but Dr. A will always make sure you’re in good hands. It’s a tough journey but with her, things seem a little easier and she’s certainly a light in a dark spot.
I’ve tried endometrium and estrace three three times a day for the first two transfers. During our third, I started PIO injections and stuck with estrogen three times a day. As we prepare for our fourth, we are looking to do, PIO, endometrium, estrogen, a steroid and Intralipid infusions. She believes that my body rejects pregnancy so she is sure that using the infusion and steroid will shit my immune system down and accept the embryo this time around.
I believe each transfer, we have set up a package that included ultrasounds, blood work and actual transfer that has totaled $2,900. Our embryo testing was about $1,000, hysteroscopy was around $300-500 and mock cycle was around the same. Medications ranged from $700-1,000.
We have done eSET for all three because of the risks that come along with multiple pregnancies, which we have understood and respected. This time around, our fourth, we will be transferring two, which we love the idea of.
Redondo Beach
This clinic [Reproductive Partners Med Group] has the care and compassion you deserve when going through this trying time in your life. Their many strengths include; communication, accessibility and assurance. They break down the financial aspect in an easy to understand way that allows you no surprises when you are paying out of pocket.... Nurse Erica has been very accommodating to all of our questions. She gladly accepts an email or a phone call and responds as quickly as she can.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
This clinic has the care and compassion you deserve when going through this trying time in your life. Their many strengths include; communication, accessibility and assurance. They break down the financial aspect in an easy to understand way that allows you no surprises when you are paying out of pocket.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I came to Dr. Cassidenti after being treated like a number from another facility. I was already frustrated with infertility and came to her with a lot of concerns. Dr. Cassidenti took the time to really explain IVF and a plan for us. At the end of our consultation she gave me a hug and reassured me that we will do everything in our power to alleviate our frustration.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Erica )
Nurse Erica has been very accommodating to all of our questions. She gladly accepts an email or a phone call and responds as quickly as she can. All the nursing staff have been caring and compassionate.
How was your experience with Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Cassidenti has been an amazing practitioner so far. I have had to have uterine polyps removed prior to transferring an embryo so it has brought me a lot of anxiety. Dr. C has been a calming force to my procedure and has set us up for a successful transfer. She has allowed us to communicate all of our needs and has worked with us to make the best plan possible for a successful outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
She will do everything in her power to make you feel relaxed and ready for this endeavor.
Describe the protocols Denise Cassidenti used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
We decided to go through stim and an egg retrieval before the polyp surgery. Dr. C suggested that freezing embryos gives your body time to relax from the stim medication and have a better chance of taking an embryo. Since we only had two embryos, Dr. C suggested a mock transfer cycle to give me the best chance of having a successful transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Denise Cassidenti at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
With PGS testing of embryos, and paying all out of pocket, cost was around 15,500.
Describe Denise Cassidenti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
At this time, Dr. C agrees with our decision to transfer both of our frozen embryos. 1 embryo is graded as "Good" and 1 is a "Poor".
Denise Cassidenti
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
It’s [Repro Partners - Bev Hills] a very well oiled machine and the whole team works very well together to ensure you are receiving optimal care. I definitely don’t feel like just another number, which is how I felt at some of the other clinics I visited in the past. The whole team genuinely cares about getting you pregnant and is beyond supportive throughout the process.... Very clear and thorough in explaining the process, asking detailed questions and transparency with costs. The team asks a lot of questions to make sure they get a holistic understanding of your individual needs.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
It’s a very well oiled machine and the whole team works very well together to ensure you are receiving optimal care. I definitely don’t feel like just another number, which is how I felt at some of the other clinics I visited in the past. The whole team genuinely cares about getting you pregnant and is beyond supportive throughout the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Huang is an incredibly thorough and articulate. He gives 110% attention whenever you are under his care. All of the doctors at his practice are equally as amazing and extremely knowledgable. They all work very well together as a team, and have thus far been very supportive throughout the IVF process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
After 3 disappointing attempts ivf with the same doctor, my husband and I decided to start getting a second and third opinion with some other doctors that were recommended to us. I was genuinely so thankful to have met Dr. Huang and immediately felt at ease. He had suggested some alternative options that our previous doctor had not tried and have encouraged me and my husband not to give up hope. I can not speak to the outcome but do feel very confident in Dr. Huang’s competency and knowledge.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He’s worth the wait! I wasn’t sure if I wanted to wait 2 1/2 months to get an appointment but I’m very glad I did. Just the incredible wealth of knowledge I received from the first visit, immediately put me at ease despite everything that me and my husband had been through. Now that I’m in the system, I feel like I have his entire team’s support and they haven’t missed a beat with regards to attentiveness and communication.
Describe the protocols Andy Huang used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
After 3 failed rounds of IVF with heavy meds, he suggested a very mild form of stim that would be much less invasive. He said I may not produce as many eggs, but there is a chance that they will be better quality. He is also in the process of doing a mock transfer cycle to make sure there not any foreseeable issues with carrying before we move forward with the transfer..
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
About $15k for a full IVF cycle
Describe Andy Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
He suggested one embryo transfer at a time due to the risks associated with carrying twins.
Los Angeles
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
The only thing is one has to be patient when waiting for your appointment time and to be called into be seen. Sometimes the wait time is a little longer due to change in treatment or procedures and or patients are traveling from far to get there. The staff [Repro Partners - Redondo] does their best to get you in on time. If the doctor you are scheduled to see is delayed the staff will ask you if you would like to see another doctor. Always trying to accommodate you.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The only thing is one has to be patient when waiting for your appointment time and to be called into be seen. Sometimes the wait time is a little longer due to change in treatment or procedures and or patients are traveling from far to get there. The staff does their best to get you in on time. If the doctor you are scheduled to see is delayed the staff will ask you if you would like to see another doctor. Always trying to accommodate you.
Dr. A never rushes you from your appointment time with her. From my first consultation I had with her. She explains things thoroughly and if you have any questions she wants you to contact her. She even gives out her cell number for one to contact her with questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Maria, Rose, Nicole, Jennifer, Shay)
I put down all the names of the different nurses they are all the same, thorough, kind and super patient. The front office/counter staff is excellent as well. Maricella, Olga, Gina and Farrah do an amazing job with us.
Dr. A makes sure to get all of the information and what treatment or issues you have been through prior to meeting with her. When she has tests run for you she makes sure to review your results thoroughly and advises on the next step. Dr. A also checks in with me when she is not on duty for follow ups. The compassion she has for her patients is something that she demonstrates from day 1.
If you are looking for someone that understands and can sympathize on such a difficult journey, then Dr. A is the doctor you want to have in your corner. She understands the physical, but most of all the emotional toll infertility can bring onto couples trying to conceive.
Dr. A started my treatment from step 1... She started me on Clomid with triggered ovulation, which worked on the second cycle, however ended in miscarriage. We tried again with Clomid and triggered ovulation, however ended in negative results. We have moved onto IUI with letrozole and received a positive pregnancy, however ended in miscarriage. We will be moving onto our second IUI in a couple of months.
My costs include co-pays and my insurance covers only 50% of the IUI procedure.
Not applicable at the moment.
2 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Patty, along with the other nurses at RPMG were fantastic. They were all super friendly, informative, approachable and compassionate. I always received a phone call back the same day and they were always available to answer questions when needed. Also, the appointments are made by the nurses at RPMG, so you can ask questions over the phone, which is nice.... While not the nicest looking office (RPMG Beverly Hills and Redondo are nice offices, the Westminster office is not as nice or up to date as BH), the staff here is excellent...
2 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
While not the nicest looking office (RPMG Beverly Hills and Redondo are nice offices, the Westminster office is not as nice or up to date as BH), the staff here is excellent, there isn't as long of a wait, you always see a doctor and they can do non-surgical procedures like hysteroscopies and transfers there.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Amin has the BEST bedside manner of any doctor that I've ever had, even outside of the fertility world. Obviously, infertility is a delicate subject and often very emotional, and she handles every situation with grace and kindness. She made herself completely available to me, even after hours, always took time to answer any questions we had and managed to deliver even the worst news in the best way possible. I always felt very cared for, emotionally and physically. I'm honestly so thankful to have worked with her during this incredibly difficult journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Amin is hands down the best doctor. I worked with her for a little over two years and, even though, this clinic was a drive for me and i knew I had good doctors available that were much closer, I still preferred to drive the 30 mins each way just to see her. She's incredibly kind, compassionate, empathetic, trustworthy and down to earth. She makes herself accessible to patients, even after hours, explains all procedures in great detail, delivers bad news in the best way possible - she's informative and direct, but also so incredibly kind and sympathetic in her delivery. She's the kind of doctor that would follow-up just to make sure you were okay, even days after.Dr. Amin was always there for any procedure and often changed her schedule just so she handled them herself. I'm one of those rare patients whose uterine linings just wouldn't cooperate and I appreciated that she would continue to try new protocols and often brought in research about supplements, eastern medicine, etc to try alongside the treatment plans so it was a more holistic approach. I cannot say enough good things about her and would recommend her to anyone living in the LA area!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
If you ask her, she will always make time for you, so let her know when you have questions or when you feel like want another consultation.
Describe the protocols Marli Amin used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
IVF protocol: I did not use Lupron in my protocol, but instead used birth control for a few weeks and then used Menopur and Gonal-F simultaneously. She monitored closely and adjusted dosage based on follicle development. Dr. Amin recommended a frozen embryo transfer, so we froze all, did PGS testing and proceeded with a frozen transfer.
Describe Marli Amin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Dr. Amin was open to multiple, but strongly recommended eSET, especially because our embryos were tested. I appreciated this approach because it proved to my that this wasn't just about increasing her or the clinics pregnancy rates, but she was truly looking out for what was best for my health and the baby's health.
2013 - 2018
It's kind of confusing that I have different nurses [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group-LA] every time I go. They got much better but I had times when they made me feel like I am bothering them with my questions. Most of them more understanding and compassionate but some of them kind of rude... They messed up my insurance billing a bunch of times and it could be very frustrating in this difficult time we are going through
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The doctors are the best but the front office and the nurses could be better. They messed up my insurance billing a bunch of times and it could be very frustrating in this difficult time we are going through
Dr Huang is very carrying. He made me feel comfortable. He gave me his personal cell number to call him if I had any questions
It's kind of confusing that I have different nurses every time I go. They got much better but I had times when they made me feel like I am bothering them with my questions. Most of them more understanding and compassionate but some of them kind of rude
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Andy Huang is very compassionate . He makes me feel he really cares and wants me to get pregnant . I have my little miracle baby because of him. He is really smart. The only thing I don't like that I always see different doctors. I am going to him since 2013 and the office got really busy and popular so he doesn't have time like before. I only see him maybe once a month during a cycle.
Make sure you have a consultation with him first. Also you have to watch out for the billing department. They are little bit an organized.
I don't really remember my first protocols. My last one I just did a mini Ivf. I was on estrodol patches for about a week. 50 mg clomid and 150 iu follitisim . My first cycle I got 4 5 days embryos total. 2 was fresh transfer but ended up with chemical pregnancy and my 2 fet I had a healthy pregnancy. My second cycle I had 6 3day embryos total, I had 3 fet but I did get pregnant. My last cycle mini Ivf I got one embryo, not transferred yet.
I don't remember
Because of my age and the embryo quality they recommended multiple embryo transfer
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [Repro Partners Med Group] are super flexible with appointments - I’m a teacher and need early appointments, and I’ve never had a problem getting in and out. They save early appointments for that reason! I’m never waiting long in the waiting room, and after going to this clinic for a while, I like that I get welcomed by name when I sign in.... Nurses always return phone calls by the end of the day. They seem organized and are quick to answer questions and fill prescriptions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They are super flexible with appointments - I’m a teacher and need early appointments, and I’ve never had a problem getting in and out. They save early appointments for that reason! I’m never waiting long in the waiting room, and after going to this clinic for a while, I like that I get welcomed by name when I sign in.
Dr. A spoke in a way that made me feel like she empathized with me. She briefly spoke of her own fertility problems and her bedside manner should be commended. Little things like putting her hand on my shoulder and saying sorry, or offering to have consultations via phone call in the evening (which worked best for us) - Dr. A helped us to feel some normalcy during these unusual and u comfortable circumstances.
Nurses always return phone calls by the end of the day. They seem organized and are quick to answer questions and fill prescriptions. One time, however, I had received my IUI sand a nurse gave me a big hug and said “It feels like it worked!” I had just received the insemination so I felt uncomfortable. That cycle didn’t work. She also was supposed to give me an antibiotic to prevent infection, but handed me Tylenol instead. Luckily I was ok.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. A went out of her way to contact us about further plans of treatment. Since we work all day, she called us from her home at 9pm. She had my file in front of her and was prepared to talk - we spoke for almost an hour! I’ve never had a doctor do that before. We also noticed that she left detailed notes in my records so that other doctors treating me when she couldn’t were fully knowledgeable about our specific treatment plan. When I came to Dr. A, I had had several cycles not work with previous doctors. She immediately sent me for blood work to get her own judgement and make her own decisions - she looks at the big picture.
Ask any questions you have - Dr. A won’t stop until you fully understand, and there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
By the time I got to Dr. A, I had done several Clomid and Letrozole cycles and had had one unsuccessful IUI through the use of injectables. When I came to her, she studied my records and decided to start from scratch - we did new blood panels and talked about results. Dr. A started me on a higher dose of Letrozole and we started again. I had an unsuccessful IUI with that one which led her to send me for a tubal dye test. She discovered I have a kinked Fallopian tube and I am now awaiting a laporoscopy procedure to see if it can be unkinked or removed. Our next step is IVF.
We paid a copay every time we visited the office. We also paid for ultrasounds and all medications.
Redondo Beach
The greatest weakness in the amount of time you'll wait for your appointment, and the lack of empathy from the staff [RPMG] who handles billing.... there have been times where I am told to make sure I arrive on time for my appointment, and then I end up waiting one to two hours!!... They [nurses] are lovely , but very uneven. Some show a lot of compassion and care, others don't. Some are organized, others not. There was turnover, and lack of consistency. Some were organized, others not at all....really depended.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The greatest weakness in the amount of time you'll wait for your appointment, and the lack of empathy from the staff who handles billing. Sometimes I'd be leaving in tears and they'd try to argue with me over a $60 ultrasound bill. The way I see it, you have my embryos, you have my credit card info, I don't need to sand in line crying to check out. We' re not running from paying. Additionally, there have been times where I am told to make sure I arrive on time for my appointment, and then I end up waiting one to two hours!! Not ok....PLUS I'd switched from a doctor who never made me wait more than 5 minutes, so I'd been spoiled.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Carrie herself was kind, compassionate, took time and care, and treated me like a human for sure. I cannot say the same of the office in general.
They are lovely , but very uneven. Some show a lot of compassion and care, others don't. Some are organized, others not. There was turnover, and lack of consistency. Some were organized, others not at all....really depended.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
How was your experience with Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Carrie has so much empathy. She has been thorough it herself, and describes things in a calm, cool, manner - not sugar coating but remaining positive. She makes herself available as needed and is extremely kind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Sometimes she is scheduled to be your doctor and you end up pawned off to someone else in office.
Describe the protocols Carrie Wambach used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
When I moved over to RPMG, and specifically Carrie, I did so because she was far more aggressive on testing than what other doctors who considered some forms experimental. She did a full blood work panel testing for auto-immune issues. They came back negative. She did a uterine lining biopsy or what they call a "mock" cycle to ensure that your body is absorbing the meds at a certain rate. In my case, this yielded results that I need my transfer after 7 days of progesterone vs. five - so helpful info. She also did a full "auto-immune" protocol which is where I get intralipid infusion, take prednisone, and lovenox all to ensure that my immune system doesn't try to kill the embryo.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
$3500 for a transfer, $6900 for mini-stim, $6000 for genetic testing, $11,000 for full retrieval
Describe Carrie Wambach's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
We tried all variations - one, one tested, mutliples, mixed tested and untested. Each time there was a different approach and a different reason.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic is very busy. Wait times can be long, but that’s because you see a doctor at each visit, and they actually spend time with you answering questions, talking about concerns, etc. Treatment is expensive, but you’re paying for quality. Everyone is top notch...including the front office staff and billing.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Dr. A is amazing. She really takes the time to get to you know you, understand your concerns, alleviate those concerns (as much as she can), and set realistic expectations with you without alienating you or being callous/cold. She is incredibly accessible (gives out her cell phone number and email address), and truly cares about you as a person.
The nursing staff at RPMG is very busy, but I have never felt that they have dropped the ball, not followed through, etc. They are compassionate and sympathetic.
Dr. A is exactly what I want out of an RE. I’ve struggled with infertility and now repeat pregnancy loss, and she has shown great care, compassion and concern for me. I like that I always see her if she’s in the office (if she’s not in, I see one if her peers - I always see an RE, and they always do my ultrasounds and other procedures).
Strike a balance between trusting her, with also being your own advocate. She is incredibly receptive to ideas, etc.
IUI 1-2: no meds IUI 3-4: 50mg of Clomid IVF #1: antagonist protocol (300iu Follistim, 150 Menopur, Cetrotide, hCG trigger) IVF #2: Long Lupron protocol (Lupron, 300iu Follistim, 150 Menopur, .5ml Omnitrope) IVF #3: Minimal stimulation protocol (100mg Clomid, 150iu Gonal-F, .5ml Omnitrope, Ganirelix, hCG trigger) IVF #4: Same protocol as IVF #3
It’s very pricey. I had insurance coverage for my first two rounds, but exhausted it. My minimal stimulation cycles each cost $6500, plus $3000 for PGS testing. FET was $1900, with my insurance being billed for all monitoring appointments and bloodwork.
Redondo Beach
They [Repro Partners ] are open 7 days a week, which is a plus. They are flexible with your schedule. Although they only do procedure appointments (i.e. ultrasounds, IUI, IVF) in the mornings so almost all your appointments will be before 12...The money issue is very weird here...The forms they give you have all different numbers, and they highlight and write in information to change things. It is very confusing. I ended up paying much more than initially was on any paperwork.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They are open 7 days a week, which is a plus. They are flexible with your schedule. Although they only do procedure appointments (i.e. ultrasounds, IUI, IVF) in the mornings so almost all your appointments will be before 12. In the afternoon is when they do consult apppointments with Dr. I was told it was because they did not have full staff in afternoons. This was the downside for me since it was hard for me to take time off work in the mornings. The weekend appointments were great! Wait times were really a pain. My husband and I would take time off work to go to appointments and I started having my husband come about 45 minutes after our appointment time or call in because they never were on time. If you do not have a flexible work schedule, this could not be a good fit for you. Plan on being at office for at least 90 minutes. psychologically I had a hard time with this clinic because I need to make connections with people to feel comfortable and confident. This process is so HARD and consuming. Maybe there should be a counselor required to make it more successful. I just felt as if I was a number and it did not matter if treatment was successful or not. After my failed IVF I did not get any kind of followup. I did get a call from the nurse asking if I was ready to schedule my next appointment. Not in my book the same thing. The money issue is very weird here. You would think being a very successful Infertility clinic that the breakdown of cost would be very clear. It was not the case here. The forms they give you have all different numbers, and they highlight and write in information to change things. It is very confusing. I ended up paying much more than initially was on any paperwork. Which they verbally hint to but never put into writing,.
I would spend on average an hour at Dr. office for each appointment. The majority of that in waiting room after my appointment time. Once I would see a Dr. they had great bedside manner and were very positive, but the rest of the time I would be shuffled between this nurse and that room to another nurse for scheduling, to another for payment, then another for questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: I was, but saw so many I could not remember her name)
There were different people each time I came in. They did not really get personal, and relied mainly on the chart. I am a teacher so coming in was not the easiest thing to fit in my schedule when I had to wait an hour at a time to come in. They always accomodated my schedule while making the appointment, but the appointment time never stuck. They were always running late, or by their first come first serve basis. ( I saw at one appointment, that they triple booked the Dr. for one on one desk appointments which led me to sit for 75 minutes for mine.) I felt the nurses just tried to get you in and out of their care. Each one had a specific job (appointments, blood, billing, cleaning room, note taking) that I never felt any closeness to any of them and I spent the most time around them.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Andy Huang is a very positive and thorough doctor when you get to talk to him. He gives you contacts so that you can email or call him at any time. He always gets back to you within two days (usually in the late evenings.) The practice does not allow you to see him each time you visit since he covers two practices, one in Redondo Beach and another in Beverly Hills. The other doctors though are very kind and knowledgeable as well. I mostly would see Dr. Yee and Dr. Ambartsumyan during my visits. The office is open everyday. This is really positive considering the stress that happens in timing and tracking that people trying to conceive go through. Having the multiple doctors allows the practice to do this. Dr.Andy Huang has the "go, go, go" speed to his talking and you can tell he is a very busy man, but will follow through and take the time to answer your questions if you need him to. I am not great at the asking part, so probably did not use this to my full advantage.
Always allow multiple hours for your appointments. Come in with your questions prepared. If you want to see Dr. Huang only, be prepared to go to both locations (Redondo Beach and Beverly Hills.) The practice is open every day with shorter hours on weekends so you don't have to stress over timing issues. (I even saw a Dr. on an Easter holiday.)
I had already been on Chlomid for 3 months prior to seeing Dr. Huang, so he began with Letrozole with IUI. We did this 4 times and then began the IVF protocol. The timing did not really work out so there was a 2 month break between. IUI and IVF.
I spent roughly around $30,000 for 1 round of IVF and 4 months of IUI
I have a bicornuate uterus so Dr. Andy Huang decided that he would only transfer one embryo at a time due to complications that could happen with the pregnancy. This was decided in initial consult. I was not sure about it, but I followed his lead with him being the expert. I had 30 eggs retrieved, 8 embryos formed, and only one after genetic testing was viable. So I was only left with the one choice. The process from retrieval to insemination I felt became very rushed in that I did not get much information from doctors. I only got calls from nurses to relay information and they did not answer questions fully.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Some of this clinic's strengths are 1) it has a small practice feel and 2) it's comfortable and updated but not overtly pretentious. I do think that although it seems like a small practice, the clinic is taking on more and more patients. I say this because of some longer waits I experienced...RPMG shared its nursing staff across doctors...Treatment costs were straightforward and clear. My consultation was $324 including ultrasound...They were always warm and friendly and accommodating.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Some of this clinic's strengths are 1) it has a small practice feel and 2) it's comfortable and updated but not overtly pretentious. I do think that although it seems like a small practice, the clinic is taking on more and more patients. I say this because of some longer waits I experienced (especially on weekends) and from staff indicating they had more patients. Even when it was busy, the nurses and the doctor did their best to move patients along without sacrificing face-to-face appointment time. On a particularly busy day, I even witnessed Dr. Andy Hoang assist the nursing staff by prepping rooms and calling patients back himself. I appreciated that and felt it spoke to Dr. Hoang's commitment to the practice and his patients.
Dr. A and the entire staff made it a point to address me in a way that made me feel they were familiar with me and my medical history. They were always warm and friendly and accommodating. I know they have many patients, but I always felt I received the time and devotion I deserved. Dr. A was especially devoted, providing her personal phone and email contacts. She would always respond within 24 hours or sooner (sometimes replying to emails in the middle of the night or early morning hours).
At the practice I went to immediately before Reproductive Partners Medical Group, each doctor had his own nursing staff dedicated to him and his patients. In contrast, RPMG shared its nursing staff across doctors (and even clinics for staffing reasons). I found RPMG's nursing staff to be much better at communicating. Every single nurse was clear and detailed in communicating the doctor's protocols. The nurses tasked with making sure I had the correct medication on time were cognizant of the financial pressure fertility treatments can place on a person. That being said they always gave suggestions for how and where to get the best prices and would fully pursue discounts I found on my own. The clinic was organized with the nursing station open and centrally located. The staff always demonstrated a high level of professionalism toward me and toward their colleagues. I always felt calm going into the clinic because the staff and doctors were calm (no matter how busy they were).
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Ambartsumyan was a good fit for me. She was a good combination of practicality and optimism, always encouraging but not without making sure our expectations were realistic. For example, Dr. had indicated that I would likely not produce many eggs during my atom cycle. I knew that up front so I never felt discouraged when my scans only showed 6 follicles. However, I was very excited when Dr. A retrieved 12 eggs on retrieval day. Dr. A was always bubbly and personable, easily making conversation. She was always mindful of our time and schedule as we commuted 2-4 hours one-way (depending on traffic) to visit the Rendo Beach office.
Be open about concerns and have them addressed instead of worrying about them alone.
Dr. A recommended a estrogen-priming cycle, I believe because of my diminished ovarian reserve. I was on a specific birth control pill before starting. Then transitioned to estrogen. The last part of my stim cycle included Follistim and Menopur followed by Ganirelix and Pregnyl. My stim medications were increased during monitoring. I produced 12 eggs, 10 of which fertilized via ICSI. 4 embryos arrested; a few had to grow longer than expected. 6 were sent for PGS, including a 5AC embryo that did not meet the clinics standard. 2 of the 6 were found to be chromosomally normal--a 5AA the 5AC. After this freeze-all cycle (and after my embryos underwent PGS), I was on birth control for a month or so. Then I went on estrogen at the beginning of my frozen embryo transfer. Luteal phase support included Endometrin. Since we were transferring a PGS-tested embryo we were happy to follow Dr. A's suggestion that she perform a eSET.
Treatment costs were straightforward and clear. My consultation was $324 including ultrasound. Each ultrasound outside of my stim cycle was $195 and labwork was approximately $60. The global fee for my freeze-all egg retrieval cycle was approximately $14k including the PGS biopsy, ICSI and assisted hatching. The cost of PGS payable to Igenomics was approximately $2k. A mock transfer/ saline sonography was performed before the transfer and cost $720. The frozen embryo transfer cost approximately $1600. Medications for the stim cycle and FET cycle totaled approximately $5400 (and includes Progesterone support after positive pregnancy test.
Our situation seemed straightforward. We wanted to avoid multiples. Having our embryos PGS-tested gave us peace of mind when deciding on the suggested eSET. Had they not been PGS-tested, I don't know what our doctor's suggestion would have been. I do think our decision on the number of embryos to transfer would have been much more difficult.
Redondo Beach
This clinic [Repro Partners] is Strong in having a large staff with multiple competent doctors, many nurses and the ability to do procedures in house. They are staffed 7 days a week with early appointments. Wait times are sometimes the only issue. It is a popular clinic and many patients are scheduled during office hours so they can get backed up...Kind doctors and nurses who explained everything they were doing, observing, and gave advice that included patient's input.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
This clinic is Strong in having a large staff with multiple competent doctors, many nurses and the ability to do procedures in house. They are staffed 7 days a week with early appointments. Wait times are sometimes the only issue. It is a popular clinic and many patients are scheduled during office hours so they can get backed up. Try to go first thing in the morning or "off hours" and ask the nurses to tell you when it won't be busy or how to get seen faster when scheduling so you won't have to wait too long.
they were often my primary contact for questions or follow up from appointments or results.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Huang is strong in explaining infertility, treatments, and what he is observing on ultrasounds. He has a very soft-touch bedside manner. He comes off as a very kind, compassionate doctor. He comes off as experienced when he is talking. I enjoyed our visits because he is so personable. He would also call or email back in response to questions I had.
Let him be the expert; you should give him feedback on your opinions on timing and comfort level with various procedures as the patient once you know what your options are.
We evaluated both of us for various explanations for infertility, decided to try on our own to conceive with help from tracking and ultrasounds for a period of time that we were comfortable with, and ultimately decided the next step after a period of unexplained infertility was to try IUI with clomid. It resulted in a successful pregnancy on the first try of IUI.
the costs were reasonable in my opinion, but negotiated under my insurance rates.
Redondo Beach
I did Attain Fertility [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group] where I got 2 cycles for around $21,000. Anesthesia costs around $800 My IVF meds per cycle were around 5-6k each time. Co- culture was $450 each time Since I was out of state I had to pay for additional lab monitoring and ultrasounds which was about $3,000 but if I had lived locally all of those would have been included with my Attain Fertility package...Jennifer was great in coordinating my schedule with Dr. Huang's. Also she was great since I was across the country at keeping me updated and made sure I had all my medications ordered and all paper work done. Always returned my phone calls/emails within the same day.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strength was quality care with compassionate staff, excellent and clean facilities, great follow up with labs/test results. Can't think of any weakness except I wish Dr. Huang was on the east coast and closer to me!
Dr. Huang has the best bedside manner of any doctor ( not just REI) that I have ever seen. He gave me factual information, hope, and kindness. He made himself available 24/7 with phone, text, and e-mail. This man is like God's right hand to me! Brilliant doctor who communicates effectively and cares about his patients and outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
This doctor is dying amazing. The man even called me when he was on vacation out of the country and even checked on me over Easter weekend when I was 14 weeks pregnant. He loves to follow up with his patients even when your care with him his over. Answers every question you have. He gave me hope, when I no longer had hope for myself and after being treated rudely at Nashville Fertility. Also all care and appointments are managed by doctors only- no PA's or NP. As a fellow physician this was very impotent to me as this is more like concierge medicine since everything is paid out of pocket. He worked well with lab results that had to be done since I lived out of state and always communicated with my OB doc in my home state of KY. Again, I plan to travel across country to see this man again if I decide to have another baby.
Be prepared to be treated like a celebrity. He makes you feel as if you are his only patient. Top of the line care!
DOR- Used Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Growth Hormone, pure HcG for trigger. Co-culture with follicular fluid. Did ICSI with both retrievals. Used Endometrin suppositories and than changed to IM progesterone. Took some estrogen tablets as well. Did use supplement and acupuncture.
I did Attain Fertility where I got 2 cycles for around $21,000. Anesthesia costs around $800 My IVF meds per cycle were around 5-6k each time. Co- culture was $450 each time Since I was out of state I had to pay for additional lab monitoring and ultrasounds which was about $3,000 but if I had lived locally all of those would have been included with my Attain Fertility package.
First time- only had Day 3 embryos- transfer 2 and ended up with chemical pregnancy. 2nd time- placed 2 Day 5 Blastocysts. 1 took!
Los Angeles
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] is very organized and prompt with returning phone calls. All of the nurses work closely together and will consult on a single patient if need be. I would prepare for a lot of testing as a new patient, and they do get busy on weekends and during the lunch hour. I did have to look after them to get back to me on billing, but i was able to get it resolved.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic is very organized and prompt with returning phone calls. All of the nurses work closely together and will consult on a single patient if need be. I would prepare for a lot of testing as a new patient, and they do get busy on weekends and during the lunch hour. I did have to look after them to get back to me on billing, but i was able to get it resolved. I wish they would accept my insurance (bcbs ppo)
Dr A made me feel like a person because she showed genuine sympathy and compassion. She is always smiling and brings a postive feel to my appointments. After my first appointment with her, she called me to personally follow up and clarify what she was trying to accomplish by ordering a specific set of tests/labs. By just taking the time to make sure I understood and felt comfortable with her approach, I had a completely different outlook on this whole process. Before seeing her I felt lost, frustrated, and confused. Now I can honestly see a light at the end of the tunnel and am happy to say I trust her completely. I don't know what i would do without her to walk with me on this journey!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Maria Is just like a great friend who happens to work at my clinic. She always calls me to give me status on lab work, genetic testing, when my eggs arrived, or to ask me questions. She is always very responsive via email or phone and will return my voice messages the same day. I firmly believe that a doctor's best weapon is a responsive and caring nurse team and i am so grateful for Maria and her diligence and follow-through!
Dr A as a person is funny and treats me like I've been coming to her for years. She always says hello to me even if I am just stopping by for lab work and do not have an appointment with her. When I had to see another doctor and was worried about how he would read my information, she made plenty of notes in my file and asked him to contact her if further clarification was needed. I finally felt like I was making progress when I started seeing her as my primary doctor. She regularly calls me after appointments, even sometimes after 5 p.m. She spends close to 10 minutes on the phone and listens to me if I have worries or am nervous. She does not care if she has to repeat herself or if i ask for further clarification. She is so caring and attentive and makes me feel like I am important and strives to make this entire process as painless as possible.
I would tell them that Dr A is absolutely wonderful and they are lucky to have her with them during the sometimes rocky road of infertility.
She was very particular about my uterine lining. At the end of each visit she set expectations for how she wanted to see my lining in 1 week. She was very conservative with her numbers, but it helped me to be more realistic. If she said she saw the lining at 6 mm she would write down 5.5 because she wanted to give some wiggle room to allow the additional medicine to make a difference. She would see me each week and if something needed tweaking she would suggest it. Instead of doing the same thing week after week with no results, she would have me take baby aspirin or use a heating bad to stimulate blood flow or add prenatal vitamins. When my ERA biopsy came back post receptive, she added 2 extra days of progesterone instead of 1 to make sure that next time i was tested the results would be better, and they were! She is a problem solver and always delivers on her expectation of providing results.
Costs have been considerable as my insurance is not accepted at RPMG. All has been out of pocket
i have not yet had that conversation with dr a as my eggs have not yet been thawed and fertilized.
Redondo Beach
[The nurses at Reproductive Partners Medical Group were] Well informed. If I had a question re: meds I would always ask to speak to dr before hand. Of course, staff always needed to screen the call and I get that. When I advised any questions or concerns I had; they would help me without me needing to talk to Dr.Amin. Schedule kindly and greatfuly around my work schedule
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Be patient. Sometimes, like any doctors office they run behind. Rarely does it affect ones appt. This office is quick and very knowledgeable about your case regardless of who you are talking to. A weakness I would say would be is that they are not remotely close to where I live so sometimes scheduling appointments before or after work it’s hard with traffic it’s either the office in orange county or LA
They were very specific to my cases never did I once here a comparison btwn myself and other cases. My case is very unique and unlike many others; and because of it I never felt she was very sympathetic and understanding.
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
There are many doctors at that practice. I can sincerely say there IS no weaknesses. If for whatever reason I had to see a different Dr; nothing was ever lost in translation, nor did it ever slip through the cracks. I was always able to reach Dr. Amin by email, and if she preferred to talk vs. emailing she would call me if she could. I even emailed her once while she was on vacation, and she responded immediately. I appreciated having her be that accessible.
Don’t worry. The road ahead with any fertility treatment is difficult as it is. There is no need to worry if Dr.Amin is the right doctor for you.
I had tubal dye study done prior to beginning and treatment. As a result we noticed there was some blockage; leading to a surgery. After that was done; we began the rounds of IUI. With clomid to help along the way.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
$2,000-$5000
Yes, when we begin the IVF process she strongly recommends one embryo at a time. Considering my age
Other, Unexplained
The clinic is set up as a rotation of doctors. There is about 4 on staff doctors so be aware that you may not see your doctor often. BUT, regardless all of the staff is great and trustworthy, so even though I didn't see mine often I felt like I was taking care of. The clinic is organized, all doctors and nurses will be up to date on your treatment plan, and it is running smoothly. I always felt like I got in and got out which is great because who wants to wait at the doctor for a long time. Communication is key, you may feel a little lost if you are the sit back and go with the flow kind of person. Speak up, ask questions and for directions. At first, I felt a little lost like they expected I knew what I was doing, but as soon as I asked the whole staff was great at explaining. Remember you have a voice, if you don't like something, or don't feel good about a treatment plan, advocate for yourself.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I felt treated somewhere in the middle of a number and a human. I think he lacked bedside manner, which made me feel more like a number. Sometimes I questioned if we were just going through the motions of our plan.
I loved the nursing staff! When Dr. Yee lacked bedside manner, the nurses definitely stepped up. They always made me feel welcomed. I felt like they were rooting for me. They were professional and organized. And I felt like I could ask them anything. They made all the difference and I appreciate them so much.
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Yee was very knowledgeable and trustworthy. During our, consultations He took the time to answer all my questions. I loved that he didn't demand a protocol or treatment schedule, but he advised us on what was best and laid out our options to choose from. I felt he was thorough with testing before we started any treatments. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, which left me with no answers. Dr. Yee suggested we head to IUI and thought we had good chances of conceiving with IUI due to our unexplained diagnosis. After the first IUI with clomid, I wanted to skip to injectables and Dr. Yee was open to moving forward and listened to my complaints and suggestions. His character made me trust him, and I am glad we did, even though it took us 4 IUIs to get pregnant. My only complaint was Dr. Yee lacked bedside manner. At times I felt like I was just a number and not a patient he really wanted to help. Also, the way the clinic is run, I didn't always see Dr. Yee. There were a few cycles where I didn't see him at all, and other RE's did my treatment. I didn't mind this because Dr. Yee seemed to stay in good communication with the entire staff. I would recommend Dr. Yee to a friend of mine and I would go back to him in the future. Overall I was happy with my experience with Dr. Yee, and it didn't hurt that we got our miracle baby!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Ask a lot of questions, you are your best advocate. I felt heard when I was communicating and inquiring about myself and my treatment plan.
Describe the protocols Bill Yee used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
We tried Clomid 50 mg for 2 cycles + a trigger to make sure I ovulated on time. I already ovulated on my own, but Dr. Yee thought this would boost ovulation and produce more follicles to up our chances of conceiving. Both cycles I got 1to 2 eggs and did not conceive. We moved on to IUI + Injectables + trigger shot + endometrium. During these cycles, I did double IUIs, one 24 hours after trigger, and one 48 hours after trigger. The injectables I was on was Gonal-F and I used 75iu every day until I was ready for a trigger. Each cycle on this protocol I produced 3-4 follicles. We had two cycles the failed and got negative pregnancy tests. The very last cycle of IUI (my 4th and final one), we caught a follicle and it implanted into a baby boy!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I had 50% coverage on testing, ultrasounds, and IUI. All IVF and Meds would be out of pocket. I paid about 1300 a cycle, but most of that was meds because injectables were completely out of pocket.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, Other
The office staff, from the front desk people to the nurses were wonderful [at Reproductive Partners]. I bonded with a few people and they were there to answer my many emails, questions, help me resolve any insurance billing issues and more. They took care of me personally.... We chose a plan that was $18k for a retrieval one subsequent transfers.... They are incredibly busy, but I found if I made my appointments for first thing in the morning at opening, I was in and out quicker.
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They are incredibly busy, but I found if I made my appointments for first thing in the morning at opening, I was in and out quicker. Even if I was seen "late" I was never rushed during my appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Rosen become someone who genuinely became concerned with my health first and foremost. He constantly reassured me that it wasn't about getting us pregnant, it was about getting us a healthy pregnancy and baby. He was available to us to talk us through results, plans, and he learned about us as individuals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Eva Duncan )
The office staff, from the front desk people to the nurses were wonderful. I bonded with a few people and they were there to answer my many emails, questions, help me resolve any insurance billing issues and more. They took care of me personally.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
How was your experience with Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Rosen took the time to really learn my body, how it worked and what course of action we should take. He always made my health a priority and never proceeded with a cycle of things weren't 100%. He was humorous when he needed to be to and compassionate when we needed it. He was very thoughtful in his plans and he showed no hesitation to cancel plans for a transfer of something wasn't right and my body wasn't cooperating. I never felt rushed during appointments and took the time to explain everything to me as many times as I needed it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He is flamboyant, has a sense of humor. I appreciated this because it humanize him and allowed us to connect as humans more. He has a tough job, and I can understand his need to lighten the mood.
Describe the protocols Gregory Rosen used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
After 3 failed IUIs, we proceeded with having a hysteroscopic polypectomy to ensure my uterus was ideal for egg implantation. We used an antagonist protocol to suppress ovulation and stim: gonal F, Lupron and then a trigger shot. He had me on a low dose of aspirin and Synthroid to lower my thyroid level to enhance our chances. I ovulated naturally, had a good number of follicles and was "young" by fertility standards. Through our monitoring of my cycles for months prior to beginning IVF, he learned how my body responded to meds. We found that my body was not absorbing the progesterone suppositories well enough to sustain a pregnancy, so we changed to PIO injections.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
We chose a plan that was $18k for a retrieval one subsequent transfers. We did not have fertility coverage from our insurance at the time, but we were able to finance our cycle through our clinic.
Describe Gregory Rosen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Dr. Rosen constantly explained that he wanted us to have a healthy pregnancy and baby-this meant he was comfortable with transferring one embryo at a time. I felt the same way, and being a premature twin myself, I understood his reservations about transferring more than one. Especially given that our primary reason for needing IVF was male factor infertility.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
2 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Pros - I like that the clinic is open seven days a week and that they are open very early in the morning. The office is very nice. Cons - Parking is difficult to find, unless you park in the ramp, which is expensive and isn't validated. The financing for donor eggs is very difficult to understand. We even sat down with one of the staff from the office who walked through the different scenarios with us, but there were so many conditions that it was very difficult to figure out ahead of time how much money we needed for everything. The whole egg donation process was very confusing and stressful. There is a contact person at the office, but you need to do most of the legwork on your own to find a donor and an agency first, which is a difficult process. We felt very alone during this process.
Dr Rosen and Dr. Huang always know who I am when they see me walk through the door. They also gave me their cell phone numbers and called me personally after each procedure to check on me.
The nurses were always very knowledgeable and compassionate. I felt that they often went above and beyond.
I would highly recommend Dr Rosen and Dr Huang. They are both extremely knowledgeable and very trustworthy. They do not always tell you what you want to hear, but you know that they are always being honest with you. They also have a great way of explaining things that can be very difficult to understand.
Meet with him for a consultation to see if you feel that it would be a good fit.
We tried IUI and IVF with our own eggs and sperm, but are now in the process of using donor eggs.
Very confusing
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
The best thing about Reproductive Partners is their approach to your treatment, I really felt like it was tailored to our needs and that we weren't rushed into a standard procedure. I really appreciated this after 3 failed attempts at another clinic. The weaknesses are definitely the links between the doctors and the nurses, and they need to work on ensuring this is seamless. It would be great if you always saw the same nurse as I think always swapping nurses means information gets lost...
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
She was kind, respectful and honest about what we were going through and hugely optimistic about our chances.
Although my husband and I think very highly of Reproductive Partners and their team, there were stressful moments in our treatment that were mainly related to poor communication between the doctors and the nurses. Mistakes were made when communicating essential details about my treatment and at times we didn't receive the information we needed, often in time sensitive situations.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Wambach was one of the best doctors I have ever encountered, she spent time looking at every issue we could be encountering that might be stopping me falling pregnant and didn't rush into IVF. She took the time to always answer our questions even when she was very busy and was available by text or email at all hours.
Don't be afraid to ask all your questions even when she seems very busy.
When making the eggs I took growth hormone to ensure we got a good number of quality eggs. We then had them all frozen to allow them to be genetically tested. She prescribed thyroid medicine to address a small issue there and performed surgery to remove a uterine septum. After the failure of the first transfer I underwent a protocol to suppress my immune system which resulted in my first pregnancy after four years of trying to conceive and 4 unsuccessful IVF cycles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
People did complain about waiting for appointments but it was never an issue for me, I was happy to wait as it was just the nature of going to that kind of clinic. During our time at Reproductive Partners they did make changes to the system which seemed to reduce the waiting time.
We paid around $20,000 for our IVF treatment, including the genetic testing of our embryos.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I've typically not had long waits for my weekday appointments [at Repro Partners - Redondo]- usually no more than 20 minutes for a morning appointment. I have had a few longer waits (30-45 minutes) during weekend appointments because (as others have mentioned) they are not fully staffed on the weekend. I consider it a plus that they offer appointments on Saturdays and Sundays, so this doesn't bother me. I have had a few billing issues at this clinic where I've been over charged. No matter which clinic you go to I would suggest keeping detailed records of all of your expenses, copies of all of your receipts, and asking questions if something looks incorrect...
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I would say that this clinic is pretty well run. I've typically not had long waits for my weekday appointments - usually no more than 20 minutes for a morning appointment. I have had a few longer waits (30-45 minutes) during weekend appointments because (as others have mentioned) they are not fully staffed on the weekend. I consider it a plus that they offer appointments on Saturdays and Sundays, so this doesn't bother me. I have had a few billing issues at this clinic where I've been over charged. No matter which clinic you go to I would suggest keeping detailed records of all of your expenses, copies of all of your receipts, and asking questions if something looks incorrect.
There does seem to be a high patient volume at this clinic, but the doctors and staff do a good job remembering names and faces. All of the doctors I have worked with at this clinic have been kind and knowledgeable. Most of the nurses and other staff at the office are friendly as well. Some of the nurses have more matter-of-fact attitudes than others, but they have all been courteous and willing to answer any questions.
Most of the nurses on staff are friendly. Some are more matter-of-fact than others (which can come off as unfriendly at times), but all of them have been willing to help me and answer any questions I've had. You don't have a dedicated nurse at this clinic, so you'll typically interact with 3-5 different nurses during any given treatment cycle.
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
My experience with Dr. Yee has been positive overall. He is an incredibly intelligent doctor and he has a lot of experience in his field and explains things in a clear and easy to understand manner. He has also been compassionate and understanding during some tough times. Dr. Yee is my primary doctor at the clinic, but I typically see other doctors for most of my appointments (ultrasounds, monitoring, etc.). I believe he performs a lot of the major procedures at the clinic, so he's not always available. I don't mind this as I've had positive experiences with all of the other doctors, but I did want to point this out.
Understand that if Dr. Yee is your primary doctor you will not see him at all of your appointments; however, you are in very good hands with any of the other doctors at the clinic.
I don't remember the specifics of the protocol for my first IVF cycle, but I was closely monitored the whole time and adjustments were made to my medications when necessary.
Monitoring appointments are always done in the mornings (before 11am). I don't know if they make exceptions for this. I prefer morning appointments so this has not been an issue for me.
I do not have insurance coverage for anything infertility related so costs are very expensive, but comparable to other clinics in the area. They will go over financing options with you if you are a candidate.
2013 - 2015
I felt that if I didn't micromanage every detail of my treatment [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group], I would get conflicting information and my protocol would slip between the cracks...Competitive but expensive...Excellent doctors; terrible staff (nurses and billing). Bills at checkout never reflected accurately and it took me furnishing them with paid invoices to avoid being double-charged. The waiting room is completely overpopulated and appointments run incredibly late. Even if you go when they open their doors, you often wait at least 45 minutes to an hour to be seen. Parking is overpriced and you pay more for waiting beyond the time of your appointment than you do for your visit with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
it is no surprise that Dr. Huang is one of the sought after reproductive endocrinologists in the LA area. He is warm and accessible, even offering his personal mobile number so he can be reached for any and all concerns-even whilst on vacation. He is incredibly caring and supportive even as it pertains to the financial burden of his services for so many of us. For example, he is always quick to waive a service if he feels we could forego it and save on expenses. I cannot recommend him enough.
Constant staff changes, disorganized team who never seemed to recall my case; felt like I had to micromanage so I could ensure my medications and protocols were correct; terrible at blood draws, often taking multiple attempts. Generally unfriendly and lacked overall knowledge in their field.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I spoke to this in the last question, but, Dr. Hang's bedside manner and accessibility deserve special mention. I can't imagine any area of medicine that demands more vulnerability, and Dr. Huang brings 100% to this effort and truly makes his patients feel like they have an advocate and a friend.
I would recommend him wholeheartedly, but I would caution them about the inherent difficulties of working with a very busy medical team and office.
I believe it was pretty standard, however, we had to use ICSI. I recall using Menopur, Lupron, Gonal-F, Cetrotide, as well as estrogen patches (Minivelle) and progesterone supplements well into my pregnancy (Crinone). Visits consisted of blood draws and transvaginal ultrasounds.
Competitive but expensive
Dr. Huang did not see any reason to transfer more than one embryo.
Los Angeles
I felt comfortable with all the nurses at all times [at Reproductive Partners]. I don't recall any issues...There are several other doctors within this clinic worthy of seeing...I felt like patients were on a conveyor belt. Get them in and out. Myself included. At random times I would be presented with a different doctor without being told this would happen on the dates of the appointments...He [Dr. Gregory Rosen] has great reviews and mainly is well regarded. I have met several people who like me found he made some mistakes that would have made the difference between successfully conceiving or not. He is friendly enough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
There are several other doctors within this clinic worthy of seeing.
I felt comfortable with all the nurses at all times. I don't recall any issues.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He made some vital mistakes. I shared I had symptoms of hypothyroidism and insisted my thyroid be tested. When the results returned a TSH level over 3, Dr. Rosen insisted this was normal. I later on my own had my thyroid tested by well known Endocrinologist who shared I did in fact have two issues going on with my thyroid. This Endocrinologist shared ideally a person's TSH level should be 2.5 or lower in order to conceive. He also shared, when under going fertility treatments with the use of fertility meds, a compromised thyroid is further compromised. Medication dosages should be adjusted accordingly. I found Dr. Rosen to be too egotistical at times. Perhaps needless to say, I left Reproductive Partners shortly after.
He has great reviews and mainly is well regarded. I have met several people who like me found he made some mistakes that would have made the difference between successfully conceiving or not. He is friendly enough.
We used Femara tablets I believe cycle days 5-9 and triggered ovulation using an injection. If memory serves it was Ovidrel. Femara was used to help recruit multiple eggs to grow. Ovidrel was used to make sure I actually ovulated. I used Clear Blue OPKs at home to monitor my surge.
I actually don't recall. It was competitive to the market.
Los Angeles
I think they [Reproductive Partners Medical Group - LA] take you more seriously for IVF - for IUI, you have to do more self-advocating and suggest treatments you've heard about. They are always busy - which is not necessarily a bad thing - but sometimes there are long waits to be seen. It's a calm, friendly, clean facility - the nursing team are great - the doctors I just found a little distracted....[Nurses are] Very professional - I always felt well looked after...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I think they take you more seriously for IVF - for IUI, you have to do more self-advocating and suggest treatments you've heard about. They are always busy - which is not necessarily a bad thing - but sometimes there are long waits to be seen. It's a calm, friendly, clean facility - the nursing team are great - the doctors I just found a little distracted.
I was always treated pleasantly I think - sometimes I was spoken down to or not given enough info but overall it was OK
Very professional - I always felt well looked after
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He was always personable but i felt he sometimes contradicted himself - telling me different things on later vista than what he had said on earlier visits. I also remember feeling conflicted between following his advice to the letter and going with my gut instinct. I wanted to trust him as he's the professional but something just told me I still had to look out for my own best interests.
I think he's very realistic with you - maybe somewhat pessimistic. I feel he's probably better with IVF patients - I don't feel he gave the exact same attention / seriousness to IUIs.
2 IUI cycles with clomid. Good balance of seeing what happened naturally with an extra, non-invasive boost given my age. At the initial consult, Rosen said how critical timing was and how it was best to have the sperm there waiting for the egg to release. On both failed IUIs with him, the pre-procedure U/S showed I had already ovulated - he said it was fine as the egg could last up to 24 hrs but I felt it contradicted what he's said originally and was not giving me my best chance.
I think around $80-$120 per visit - usually because each involved an ultrasound. I think the actual IUI was about $300
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic can go to extremes, either very empty or very busy. It can get very busy on the weekends when usually only one doctor is in the office and patients can get backed up. Otherwise, it's very efficient getting bloodwork in on time, training to do injects, helping understand the financial aspects....Kate was my main contact but I saw several different nurses during the course of my treatments. Most were very knowledgable and helpful.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Dr Huang is very personable, friendly, and available to his pateints.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Kate )
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Huang is extremely knowledgable and realistic. He doesn't sugarcoat procedures or outcomes, but at the same time shows compassion and willingness to adjust treatment to provide a better outcome. He also provided me with his cell phone and email and was always prompt in answering my messages.
Have the nurses write a note in your file that you definitely want to see Dr Huang for every one of your visits if possible. Sometimes he has to be out of the office to perform procedures for other patients, but seeing him almost exclusively can be done!
I was diagnosed with repeated pregnancy loss due to egg quality issues mainly attributed to maternal age. I was on an antagonist protocol using Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix. I also used HgH in my 2nd cycle only. Cycle 1-10 eggs retrieved, of which 9 were mature; 7 fertilized with ICSI; 3 made it to blastocyst stage for PGS biopsy; 1 normal embryo. Cycle 2 - 11 eggs, of which 10 were mature; 9 fertilized with ICSI; 3 made it to blast stage for PGS; 0 normal embryos.
We did the Global plan where we prepaid for 2 basic IVF cycles for $17,000. We paid separately for medication, anesthesia during egg retrieval, ICSI, PGS biopsy and testing...all in all, about $40,000-50,000. But take into account we had one cancelled cycle in between the 2 completed cycles, which raised the total because of the meds we'd already paid for.
3 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
Looooong wait in the waiting room [at Reproductive Partners], so bring work to do. But, just a sign of how popular they are. People know a good clinic when they find one...AMAZING. Nicest staff ever. Can't say enough about their kindness and patience. Tanna especially is wonderful, though they all are....A fortune. $5,000 per Min Stim round. $15,000 for our donor cycle.
3 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Looooong wait in the waiting room, so bring work to do. But, just a sign of how popular they are. People know a good clinic when they find one.
Andy is the most caring, attentive, sensitive doctor I have ever worked with. He has the patience of a saint, will take my calls no matter the day or the hour. I don't know how he has a life outside of his practice!
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Andy goes above and beyond, and beyond that even. There's a reason his waiting room is so full (and full of celebs). He is one of the best fertility docs out there, with endless insights and ideas about next steps. My husband and I hit so many roadblocks, and Dr. Huang was right there to pick us up, and find the next route. He's relentless, and relentlessly kind, caring and full of hope. I NEVER felt financially taken advantage by him, even though it's a bloody fortune. I always felt he was trying to save us $$. I would say start with him and you won't want to go anyplace else. I got second and third opinions, and always went back to Dr. Huang. I can't gush about him enough.
Know that this could be a very long journey. If you start there, then you will be happily surprised if it's a quick one.
Three rounds clomid and embryo banking, frozen at day 3. Put in two day 3s, didn't get pregnant. Grew the rest out to day 5. Put in 2 day 5s. Got pregnant, but had to terminate at 4 months due to structural problems. Went to donor eggs. Got 5 beauties (5 day embryos). Put one in, miscarried at 5 weeks. Going to run some tests to see if it was me or the embryos, then try again. I've carried a full term baby, so know I can get pregnant, but that was 3 years ago.
A fortune. $5,000 per Min Stim round. $15,000 for our donor cycle.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Latino, Other
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
[My wife] logged on to my employment medical insurance site (United Healthcare Oxford) and found that Reproductive Partners accepted my insurance - which meant a HUGE HUGE savings for the us as far as the entire IVF process goes. Everything was fully covered (with the exception of the embryotic testing we elected to do). From the first day we went to Reproductive Partners we felt like we belonged. Every single person that works there is amazing.
Dr. A is an entire level all together. The attention to detail and more importantly the compassion she shows is fantastic. I wish more doctors, in any type of practice had 1/10th of the compassion that Dr. A shows.
Maria was our usual point of contact as far as our daily nurse goes. She was great and made [my wife] and I feel like we were in good hands.
After our first (and only transfer) Dr. A would text or call [my wife] twice a week to check in on her. Made us feel at ease. If [my wife] had a question or concern, she was also able to text Dr. A on her personal cell phone and she would get back to us as soon as she could. I have already referred two couples to Reproductive Partners and they are in the early stages of the IVF process as well. The day we "graduated" from Reproductive Partners was bitter sweet for us. We were leaving a group of people that allowed [my wife] and I I to live our dream of starting a family, however the people that Reproductive Partners handed us off too (reco'd) have been amazing. Our high risk OBGYN (Dr Gutkin) and delivery OBGYN (Dr Rodriguiz) are very similar to Dr. A. Very transparent, always letting us know what is going on. If not for finding Dr. A and the Reproductive Partners, its hard for me to imagine how the 9-12 months of this process would have played out. I will ALWAYS recommend Dr A and Reproductive Partners. Nobody better.
She is great. Treats every single person like a human.
Redondo Beach
Strength is the dorctors and the location for me. Weakness was limited parking, very busy office [Repro Partners]. Billing was also not always clear and I felt that I had to be very on top of it all, rather than just leaving it in their hands...[Nursing Staff] They were compassionate and happy to answer my questions. I do wish I had had one nurse throughout...His [Dr. Huang] office is busy, and he travels between offices so I didnt see him every time
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strength is the dorctors and the location for me. Weakness was limited parking, very busy office. Billing was also not always clear and I felt that I had to be very on top of it all, rather than just leaving it in their hands
He had a extremely warm bedside manner, always answered all of my questions, and gave me confidence
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Andy took his time to explain everything for me but was also honest with me the whole way through, even when things werent going exactly as planned. His office is busy, and he travels between offices so I didnt see him every time, but was very happy with the other doctors too and felt they communicated the plan well to one another
Be prepared to have bumps in the road
I started with high dose stims but only a few follicles grew so we cancelled the cycle. The next cycle i started with lupron and then high stims and only 4 of the 10 follicles grew but these were retrieved ( 6 retrieved, 4 mature). The next round I started with birth control and then did mini cycle with clomid and gonal f. 8 eggs were retrieved and 6 mature
I think I paid about $8k for the first round, plus about $5k for medications. The second round I paid about $7k plus $3k for medications and the third round I paid $6k for the round and received a grant via BabyQuest for meds
Poor Egg Quality, Other
[Repro Partners] For those in the Redondo region, the location is very close. that was a selling factor. The laying out of the charges were pretty steep and sometimes misleading. The IFV treatment we selected and it's payment terms were extremely misleading and we are currently paying the price as of current. Great doctors, but bad service around them... They had the documents about the gender results that we notified everyone there that we didn't want to see and it was laid out in open view in front of me, but sweeped up when noticed.
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The nurses were task oriented. There were times that they were able to compromise of time slots for appointment scheduling, they were pretty robotic about their routine. They had the documents about the gender results that we notified everyone there that we didn't want to see and it was laid out in open view in front of me, but sweeped up when noticed.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Huang is an exceptionally personable doctor. When we did get appointments from him, they were great. Although he was aware of our steps in our processes, he was not always the performer of the initial IUI and other regular visits to the clinic. He did explain this up front, but even still, would have been nicer to be more primary as the doctor rather than the other great doctors there.
Come in with a mind filled with questions, you will complete and meaningful responses.
good diets, exercise, on plan intercourse and dates for specific events need to be strict. treatment to go from iui to ivf after trial. there are many others bits, but he was very detailed and an order was clear
Big numbers for a good doctor consult, worth the price
Redondo Beach
The location isn't great. You have to anxiously search for free 2 hr street parking (which is sparse) or pay for underground parking (which is expensive). The waiting room [at Repro Partners - Bev Hills] leaves a lot to be desired. They blast music for privacy reasons but it can be painful when you have a hormone-induced migraine...Like the doctors at RP, the nurses are always rotating. You get whoever is available so I saw new faces all the time. I always had to reach out multiple times to get information that I needed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The location isn't great. You have to anxiously search for free 2 hr street parking (which is sparse) or pay for underground parking (which is expensive). The waiting room leaves a lot to be desired. They blast music for privacy reasons but it can be painful when you have a hormone-induced migraine.
Dr Huang has really great bedside manner and explains things very patiently and thoroughly. This was the one and only time I saw him. For subsequent visits and for my IUIs (back to back), I saw two different doctors at the practice.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Huang is the doctor that I wanted to see. However, he has a busy schedule and is at different offices. I only saw him during my consult and met different doctors for the first time when they popped into the room to do my IUIs. When the IUIs failed, I received a call from Dr. Huang way later urging me to consider moving onto IVF. But, during that call, it seemed like he was distracted & didn't review my chart (since he asked me a question that I thought should be obvious had he looked at my chart - if the IUI round they had done was the first).
Dr Huang is great and very reassuring if you can get time with him.
Clomid 50mg prior to IUI
1 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Amin [at Reproductive Partners] is a dream. She has a magnetic warmth surpassed only by her knowledge of fertility and the IVF process. So personable and friendly while maintaining a level of professionalism that makes you feel like you're okay no matter what. She's honest and straightforward in a very nurturing way. Her actions are always in support of your goal of getting pregnant, even if it means her own business loses money. That's something I did not see from the other fertility docs we consulted with.
1 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
All good
She is so warm and kind, always remembers us and waves when we are in the waiting room. Calls us regularly with updates and is always available for a phone call or quick consultation.
All so kind and wise. Incredibly professional.
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Amin is a dream. She has a magnetic warmth surpassed only by her knowledge of fertility and the IVF process. So personable and friendly while maintaining a level of professionalism that makes you feel like you're okay no matter what. She's honest and straightforward in a very nurturing way. Her actions are always in support of your goal of getting pregnant, even if it means her own business loses money. That's something I did not see from the other fertility docs we consulted with.
Be patient with additional fees and trust you are in good hands. All you have to worry about is taking care of yourself during this very emotional and scary process-therapy, massage, acupuncture...it all helps keep you relaxed.
I did a minimal stimulation (because if you have less than 4 follicles during an avg cycle, more drugs will not help) IVF course of egg retrieval twice, on clomid for 5 days, then doing one HCG injectable a few days prior to planned egg retrieval. The egg retrievals were easy and painless with hardly any down time.
$5500 per retrieval cycle plus $150 for medications. $160/visit if I had a cyst (which had to be checked and monitored between cycles). Free embryo transfer after 3 retrieval cycles.
2013 - 2015
[Reproductive Partners Medical Group was] Incredibly disorganized and overpopulated; poor communication; very inexperienced with blood draws ; left hand and right hand don't communicate; felt impersonal; constant turning over of staff; the absolute worst...[nurses were] Terribly disorganized, low-level skill, limited experience, poor communication...The experience felt like a 'baby mill' that was overpopulated and, as a result, it made me feel very nervous that they couldn't keep focused on my specific protocol.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
At first, I didn't feel quite as comfortable with him as I did with his partner, Dr. Huang. He is a bit sarcastic and lacks the bedside manner.
Terribly disorganized, low-level skill, limited experience, poor communication
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Rosen is a bit sarcastic and sometimes comes off a bit short, but in times of need, he proved to be very caring and sympathetic. I felt completely confident in his abilities and he is an exceptionally knowledgeable physician. I ended seeing Dr. Rosen for the bulk of my IVF visits, and eventually came to appreciate him and find comfort in dealing with him.
He and Dr. Huang have very different bedside manners, but they both care equally about success for their patients.
I can't exactly recall the specific protocol, but it involved about 10-14 days of injections pre-retrieval. My FET included ICSI for male factor and was preceeded by estrogen patches. Following the transfer, I was put on a very long course of progesterone supplements.
Competitive but extremely costly for us
Both of my doctors recommended a single embryo transfer without hesitation.
2011 - 2012
Strengths: they [Repro Partners Med Group] were organized, kind, helpful, and very knowledgeable. Weaknesses: just a little pricey General info: you see whatever doctor is on call at the time, but they do discuss each patient and know what is going on with everyone, so ask your questions to whoever you see.... $800 for an IUI plus the cost of medication. Clomid: $50 Follistm: $150... They [nurses] were fantastic! They were so helpful and caring and kind!
2011 - 2012
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths: they were organized, kind, helpful, and very knowledgeable. Weaknesses: just a little pricey General info: you see whatever doctor is on call at the time, but they do discuss each patient and know what is going on with everyone, so ask your questions to whoever you see.
I felt heard and I really liked Dr. Yee, he was really kind and helpful. The only odd interaction I had was that on my 6th IUI as he walked out of the room after an ultrasound he said, "did you know that the more IUIs you do the less effective they become?"....and then he walked out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Brenda)
They were fantastic! They were so helpful and caring and kind!
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He was very knowledgeable and explained things really well and in a way I could easily understand. The only time I had an odd interaction was the one I talked about before when he told me that IUIs get less effective the more you do them. I believe he was talking about clomid, but I was pretty confused after.
I would just tell them to build a relationship with all the doctors because you see all of them.
We started with the lowest dosage of Clomid with an IUI. Our plan was to do 3 IUIs and then reevaluate. We did Clomid and then an HCG shot to get my body to ovulate. Then after the IUI I did progesterone suppositories until I got the results of the IUI. The rationale for just doing 3 at first was that our insurance only helped out with 3.
$800 for an IUI plus the cost of medication. Clomid: $50 Follistm: $150
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I really like the clinic [Reproductive Partners Medical Group]. I think overall they do a great job. There's sometimes a long waiting period but it's a busy clinic with sought-after doctors so I'm always understanding of that and I make my appointments with that in mind (avoid Fridays if you can!) I think the billing dept is competent but not as friendly as I would like considering how much money I spend each week (my insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments)
European, Other
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I really like the clinic. I think overall they do a great job. There's sometimes a long waiting period but it's a busy clinic with sought-after doctors so I'm always understanding of that and I make my appointments with that in mind (avoid Fridays if you can!) I think the billing dept is competent but not as friendly as I would like considering how much money I spend each week (my insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments)
The nursing staff is very empathetic and kind. They're always very busy but they do their best to make you feel comfortable and at ease.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Rosen is very attentive and does his part to make sure you understand what he's doing. He's matter of fact but in a way I appreciate. He always makes sure I understand what he's saying. He's also very clear in how he explains things and always asks if you understand or have questions.
Ask questions. He will be happy to answer them.
My case was unique because I came in with issues. I had fibroids and cysts and scar tissue from previous surgeries so a lot of time was spent trying to get me healthy. Now that I am Dr. Rosen is assisting us through IUI using Clomid .
Each ultrasound is $160. The IUI is $400. The blood work is $60.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The office [Repro Partners - Redondo] is clean and has minimal clutter around. I appreciate the fact that I can often get great appointment times that work for me and my busy schedule. Fertility treatments are very time consuming, and I visit the office frequently. I like that I get addressed and welcomed by name when I arrive. They don’t keep me waiting in the waiting room for very long.... I’d say each IUI cycle has run me so far $1,000-2,500
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The office is clean and has minimal clutter around. I appreciate the fact that I can often get great appointment times that work for me and my busy schedule. Fertility treatments are very time consuming, and I visit the office frequently. I like that I get addressed and welcomed by name when I arrive. They don’t keep me waiting in the waiting room for very long.
Dr. A speaks it like it is. She is honest but kind about results and information.
Nurses go out of their way to make the experience as comfortable as possible. They return calls promptly.
Dr. A went out of her way to consult with us past business hours because of our busy schedules. She called us from her cell phone at home and chatted with us for an hour during the evening about our procedures and test results.
Ask her as many questions as you can - no such thing as a stupid question!
Dr. A pursued an IUI cycle without injectables. I took levothyroxine and grew one follicle.
I’d say each IUI cycle has run me so far $1,000-2,500
Redondo Beach
The clinic [Repro Partners was always able to answer my questions and returned my calls in a timely manner. I frequently received the appointment times and dates I wanted/needed. After going to this clinic for so long, I appreciated being recognized and welcomed by name when I signed in....Staff was friendly and helpful...Around $3500 total for both IUI cycles...We felt like fertility treatment with Dr. Yee felt impersonal and he came across harsh.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic was always able to answer my questions and returned my calls in a timely manner. I frequently received the appointment times and dates I wanted/needed. After going to this clinic for so long, I appreciated being recognized and welcomed by name when I signed in.
This was our first time actually going to a fertility clinic instead of the normal OB. We felt like fertility treatment with Dr. Yee felt impersonal and he came across harsh.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Yee was all business. Maybe for other couples, they’d like that, but my husband and I were new to the fertility game and felt like his approach was a little aggressive for us. He really wanted to suggest IVF straight away, but we wanted to try other options such as IUIs first.
We started with an IUI cycle using oral medications and it failed. Dr. Yee wanted to do IVF right after that and had wanted to skip trying different IUI methods first. We then did an injectable IUI cycle which failed as well.
Around $3500 total for both IUI cycles.
Redondo Beach
There is very little flexibility in appointments [at Reproductive Partners-Beverly Hills] so you are often there very early in the morning and are often waiting extensive periods for your appointment. The nurses are quite disorganized which makes is stressful.... There are not good processes in place and as a result the nursing staff was always a bit crazed and often gave out incorrect information.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
There is very little flexibility in appointments so you are often there very early in the morning and are often waiting extensive periods for your appointment. The nurses are quite disorganized which makes is stressful.
Dr Huang had a warm and kind bedside manner.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Huang was very competent and had a good bedside manner. The way they have organized the schedules, it feels as if the doctors are always rushing and as a result the treatments seem to be a bit standard vs tailored to a specific patient.
Dr Huang is great but the overall practice is tremendously disorganized - you will often wait extended periods in the waiting room, only then to feel rushed through your appointment.
Our insurance covered the majority of the costs. Because we used insurance we had to pay per procedure which ended up being much more expensive than the other options and unfortunately exhausted what our insurance would cover before we even completed the cycle.
Los Angeles
There was a test that the doctor [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group] had ordered and the nurse did the wrong one so I had to redo it and that took time and I endured a lot of pain because I was told nothing about drinking water which would of had helped...The staff was pretty friendly they saw me on time except I never really saw my doctor I saw him maybe two times. The nurses were friendly and very helpful they seem to care. They always had my appointments on time and I was seen on time which was a good thing.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Visits were always very quick! Not enough information was given to me. Never put on supplements.
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Yee was at the office only a few times. Never really talked to me about how I was feeling or if meds were okay. He only did treatments with timed sex. I wish he would of done iui! Never followed up after 3rd failed timed sex. I wish he would of explain more on the next step that take forward. I found Billy Yee through a friend that got pregnant while under his care.
Ask a lot of questions! Get as much information as you can.
I took every test imaginable to find out what was wrong with me. Every test came back positive except my low ovarian reserve which had to do with my age. He had me on injections and some oral medicine, but always with timed sex! He told us that we would try three times after that he would not do anymore of that treatment. I was very disappointed and never got a call back from them
It varied
Redondo Beach
[Reproductive Partners - Bev Hills] Very busy but I always took that as a good sign. Nice, clean offices - great nursing staff. Can be a long wait for the doctor at times - and if doing IUIs you just see whichever doctor is available - has it's pros and cons..[Nursing staff was] Very professional - expert at blood draws. They were good at explaining in more detail what the doctor had said...$80-$120 per visit - $300 for actual IUI. Injectibles costs was high - around $500
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
She really listened and remembered my concerns from visit to visit - devised a treatment plan that I felt confident with. She was a little scatter-brained at times but I trusted her
She was very sympathetic and her enthusiasm in getting me pregnant was contagious! I still had to be on top of reminding her what we had done and why but felt more in control and hopeful as her patient
Write everything down so that you can check she is consistent with what she said last time / doesn't forget anything. She does read the chart but I had to remind a few times that we'd discussed x, y or z
IUI with injectible (follistim) and a trigger shot. Back to back IUIs - both ended up being before I had ovulated - resulted in my baby girl :)
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths: great doctors, friendly nurses, open minded, communicative, team oriented approach, didn’t feel like just a number, attentive to the emotional state of the patient, compassionate, willing to explain protocols. Weaknesses: long wait time in the office, offices are spread out between Beverly Hills and Redondo Beach....They all know my name and greet patients in a friendly warm way. The culture of this office is welcoming and kind.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
She is so warm and has the bedside manner all doctors should have.
I came to her when I thought I had no options. She gave me hope and delivered on the results. She’s a great person and an amazing doctor. I was a tough case and had terrible results with another clinic after a 3 cycles. Both times I transferred embryos with Carrie I got positive pregnancy tests. So grateful I found her.
Have an open mind.
I used mild stim cycles because my body did not respond well to high doses of meds. I did 3 rounds and got more embryos this way.
Los Angeles
Doctor gives you a lot of time and doesn't rush you but then there is a long wait time generally...$4-8k for medications. Total for one ivf cycle with genetic testing approximately $14k...There were a few.nirses who work for dr. Huang. They were all calm, nice, and answered any questions I had...He [Dr. Andy Huang] always made sure we understood what was going on, what our options were, and what our next steps were. Good bedside manner and on the same page as us. Easy to talk to and relatable and always available to us.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
He explained to us in detail and always took the time we needed. Was also available by email and text.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He always made sure we understood what was going on, what our options were, and what our next steps were. Good bedside manner and on the same page as us. Easy to talk to and relatable and always available to us.
Skip the iuis.
I was in menopur and follistim and he lowered the dosage slightly toward the end. Also added ganderikix when the follicles reached 14 or so I believe. And then when they were about at 17 we did the retrieval. Not all were exactly the same size.
I think his approach is single embryo transfer to ensure a healthy baby as well as less complications for both mom and baby.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Very disorganized nursing/medical assistant staff [at Reproductive Partners]. Not very responsive to questions. Very difficult to reach on the phone....It has a small waiting room and there is sometimes a wait. The front office person used to be very rude. I think she has been replaced. Sometimes if you call the clinic you will be put on hold for 15-30 minutes.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
He was very straight-forward but personable - he has a sense of humor.
Very disorganized nursing/medical assistant staff. Not very responsive to questions. Very difficult to reach on the phone.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He is a very nice doctor. He handwrites a plan of action for his patients. His handwriting is very difficult to read. A typed plan would make things easier on patients and cause less confusion.
Not sure.
I had two failed IUI's with Dr. Huang using clomid back in 2014. I am planning to go ahead with a frozen IVF cycle with him this spring.
Higher costs than other clinics.
2012
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The [Repro Partners - Redondo] clinic is nicely appointed and very discrete...The nursing staff was extremely busy, but always made me feel comfortable...IVF was roughly 14k including meds, Donor Egg was 21k including everything...Dr Yee suggested that we start with IVF first, given my age. He was open to IUI but didn't want to waste our money or precious time. After IVF was unsuccessful, we went straight to donor egg and now have a beautiful daughter!...
2012
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic is nicely appointed and very discrete.
Staff always greeted me by name. Everyone was very friendly and engaging.
The nursing staff was extremely busy, but always made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Yee was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about his work. He explained everything thoroughly and was completely frank about potential issues we might face. We never got the feeling that we were just another stat for his business. He presented all options, but steered us to the ones that were more likely to result in a live birth, given my age and issues.
Go talk to him!
IVF was roughly 14k including meds, Donor Egg was 21k including everything.
Redondo Beach
Sometimes hard to communicate with, especially over email. No patient portal or other online means of communication, which isn’t ideal. Would prefer to be able to email and see results online rather than always having to call in/wait for calls back... When trying to schedule surgical procedures I was given conflicting information by the nurses [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] that resulted in an additional two month delay
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
She is very warm and caring, takes time to answer all questions
Somewhat disorganized but overall nice
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
She is great, I would highly recommend her. Very warm and caring, flexible and willing to try any desired treatment options you want. She works with you and makes you feel like you have a say in your treatement
Keep her cell phone number, easiest way to contact her
For FET I did endometrin and estrace, with weekly monitoring
Transfer package was roughly $3k
She left the decision up to me
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
There are a few nurses that I connected best with [at Reproductive Partners]. This is a busy office so it is best to really get to know a few of the nurses personally. They were patient and explained the coarse of treatments....Andy Huang is amazing! His bedside manner is beyond any care I have ever received. He is always available to answer questions and make you feel at ease. He offers his cell number to make him reachable all hours of the day. He is kind and understanding and always felt well taken cared of.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
There are a few nurses that I connected best with. This is a busy office so it is best to really get to know a few of the nurses personally. They were patient and explained the coarse of treatments.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Andy makes you feel comfortable in a world that is so complex to understand. He will take the time to listen to all your concerns.
Ask what you can do to help best prepare your body. Including what supplements to take and possible acupuncture.
2 IUI, IVF
2 IUI, IVF
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Wambach. She is straightforward yet supportive, warm, caring, and takes the time to get to know you and your individual situation. She goes above and beyond—often calling and emailing on her personal time to share updates or check in. I also trust her judgment implicitly. Dr. Huang is wonderful as well! Together their protocol has helped me get pregnant twice. They make a great team.
Don't be afraid to ask hard questions, as she will answer them honestly and fairly. She wants and believes in the best for her patients but would never steer them wrong in terms of their prospects. Also, she is very reachable via email.
Los Angeles
He's [Dr Gregory Rosen of Reproductive Partners] an amazing doctor, but it's ok to get another opinion too...He was always reachable via phone and e-mail. Addressed all of our concerns and took me seriously. The only problem is that I think he was a little too optimistic...Tona is an amazing lady and I am really glad she was available whenever I needed her...It was about $15k per IVF cycle including meds.
He was always reachable. Addressed all of my questions. Gave as much detail as I needed. Was warm and reassuring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Tona)
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He's an amazing doctor, but it's ok to get another opinion too.
It was about $15k per IVF cycle including meds.
2010 - 2015
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Everything was meticulously entered into the computer so all nurses knew where the process was.
2010 - 2015
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
I felt like they actually knew me and cared about my process. Dr. Yee even made personal calls to check up on my progress.
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Yee, as I mentioned above was very compassionate toward the process and made us feel optimistic.
Remain positive and have faith he knows what is best.
None, Other
[The clinic] didn't always immediately call me with test results.
None, Other
Dr Amin was very warm and personable during all visits. She performed my IUI and explained everything completely. She also assisted on my uterine septum surgery. She always gave time to answer questions and I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Warm, kind, doesnt rush appointments, explains everything in detail
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
{The nurses were] always prompt to answer questions.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
She didn't spend a ton of time with me. But I did appreciate a follow up call the day after my surgery.
Always prompt to answer questions
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Initial appointment was good- she was very thorough. She was primary on my surgery and I think did okay with that and getting me prepared and giving me information. She was quite blunt when I went back and couldn't explain why I wasn't ovulating (I wanted answers!) but what she did worked as I am currently pregnant.
Ask questions!
Denise Cassidenti
2 IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Huang [at Reproductive Partners] has the best bed side manner I have ever experienced with a doctor. He makes himself available 24/7 and passes out his cell number so you can reach him off hours....He may talk a little fast but will repeat himself and break it down if you need it. Have patience. This process is not fun....We are not given a primary nurse but I worked with a lot of the nurses at the offices.
2 IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Huang has the best bed side manner I have ever experienced with a doctor. He makes himself available 24/7 and passes out his cell number so you can reach him off hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Kate is great!)
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He's a great doctor that cares about his patients.
Los Angeles
Fantastic clinic [Repro Partners - Bev Hills] -- very flexible with hours and dedicated/knowledgeable/kind doctors and staff. Highly recommend....Dr. Huang has the unique ability to convey warmth and empathy, while also showing that he also has an incredible wealth of knowledge about cutting-edge fertility treatments. I felt as though were in incredible capable hands the entire time...Dr. Huang has such an incredible bedside manner; I felt like he took the time to get to know us as people.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Fantastic clinic -- very flexible with hours and dedicated/knowledgeable/kind doctors and staff. Highly recommend.
2013 - 2014
IUI, 1 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I felt that Dr. Rosen and his team [at Reproductive Partners] knew who I was and was diligent about following through with me after a failed retrieval...Don't expect to be told what you want to hear: expect the truth.
2013 - 2014
IUI, 1 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I felt that Dr. Rosen and his team knew who I was and was diligent about following through with me after a failed retrieval.
He is a great doctor that is very direct and honest. He does not sugar coat anything. It is tough sometimes hearing the truth but sometimes the truth is exactly what you need to hear. You get that with him.
Don't expect to be told what you want to hear: expect the truth.
IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
[Reproductive Partners Medical Group] Help you to create a family. To help you with your Infertility Issues and conceive a baby. They very successful everything they do to help you on way to great success for you to want to have a baby. Every thing costs money. Payment plan.... IVF treatments $20,000.00 per cycle $1,000.00 for medications, $2,000.00 for mock cycle, $680.00 for hysteroscopy, $1,000.00 for sperm storage, and $600.00 for freezing
IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Explain and answer all my questions clearly and satisfied.
Dr. GAYAN AMBARTSUMYAN from the Reproductive Partners Medical Group Explain What medical treatments needed to be done. Dr. Advise to come to her office visits to discuss what treatments May need. Before she proceed any Surgical treatments. Costs of IVF and Mock Cycles HSG Do and the costs of Donor Eggs, Sperm Donor would costs. Dr. GAYAN AMBARTSUMYAN was very Curtis and respectful Doctor.
Never give up on your dream and be strong, also keep trying.
IVF cost using egg and sperm Donor: IVF treatment at Reproductive Partners Medical Group Per cycle. Mock cycle embryos transfer may be before your IVF Cycle not sure, and for hysteroscopy help to treat your infertility problems. Help costs for sperm storage, and for freezing.