Genetic counseling: Offered
19600 East 39th Street
Independence, KS 64131
12200 W 106 St
Overland Park, KS 66215
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Resource Center to a friend?

2 doctors
With Doctor Hammoud, he said that at my age and my past with multiple failed embryo transfers, he recommended 2 embryos to be transferred. We were agreeable to that... He explained everything in full detail, asked if we had any questions. Answered all the questions he could. He gave his professional opinion on matters and was quite blunt. Which I respected. My only problem was that he referred me elsewhere for a hysteroscopy with a doctor I had never met. Also he did not perform my sono-hysterogram. These 2 things caused a delay in my embryo transfer. My previous RE did both and there was no delay at all. That was the only issue I had.
My 3 nurses [at Reproductive Resource Center] were excellent. When I am done with treatment there I will truly miss them. They were compassionate, honest and caring...The price of the embryo transfer was raised from $2,900 to $4,500. The ERA was also an additional $800...The clinic was fine, really. The staff was accommodating. They offered monitoring hours from 6:30am-8:30am Monday-Friday. Which was good for those of us who work a day shift, we didn't have to be late for work. They offered monitoring on Saturday from 6am-7:30am. which was also nice. Only thing I didn't like was when you had to call the office for anything they use a centralized phone system and you wait in que for 15-30 minutes sometimes. Very frustrating.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Hammoud was a wonderful doctor. He explained everything in full detail, asked if we had any questions. Answered all the questions he could. He gave his professional opinion on matters and was quite blunt. Which I respected. My only problem was that he referred me elsewhere for a hysteroscopy with a doctor I had never met. Also he did not perform my sono-hysterogram. These 2 things caused a delay in my embryo transfer. My previous RE did both and there was no delay at all. That was the only issue I had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ahmad Hammoud at Reproductive Resource Center?
Be prepared to receive a lot of information. Be prepared for a lot of testing. He told me that if during the preparation for a FET he saw anything that was less than perfect, I.E uterine lining, low progesterone, he would cancel the cycle. Mark his words, he will. He has all and final say over the cancelling of your cycle. He never gave us the option to just " continue on with a so-so uterine lining" He cancelled twice and redid a new calendar for us. It was frusterating at times, but he was doing what was best for us. We already had 2 failed transfers and he was not going to let that happen again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ahmad Hammoud at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Hammoud treated me like a human being. When the road got rough he personally called me from his cell phone after hours to talk to me and see where my headspace was in everything. He assured me that he would do all things possible to put a baby into my arms. He called me multiple times to check in on me.
Describe the protocols Ahmad Hammoud used in your cycles at Reproductive Resource Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Hammoud recommended a ERA to test the receptivity of my uterus. When that test was performed we found out that with my previous protocol was not appropriate for me. My uterus was non-receptive and I needed an additional 12 hours of progesterone added to my protocol. He then recommended an Immune Suppressed protocol for NK cells or recurrent miscarriage. I added low dose aspirin, Medrol (steroid), and Lovenox injections (blood thinner) to my protocol of Estrace and PIO injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Lorrie, Tricia, Jamie)
My 3 nurses were excellent. When I am done with treatment there I will truly miss them. They were compassionate, honest and caring. During the 2 failed FET they were completely supportive, allowed me time to grieve before encouraging me to move forward. It took a year for us to do so and they were so wonderful to us. My previous RE severed ties with the healthcare system and I was thrown into Dr. Hammouds care. They were all so helpful during that transition. Because believe me it was a nightmare. They assisted me in the transport and removal of all of my embryos to Dr. Hammoud's facility at IVF Mi. They handled all of the paperwork, covered all the fees. I paid for nothing!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ahmad Hammoud at Reproductive Resource Center.
The price of the embryo transfer was raised from $2,900 to $4,500. The ERA was also an additional $800. I had to have a hysteroscopy, which had a $350 co-pay from the hospital. All of my medications were covered through insurance.
Describe Ahmad Hammoud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Resource Center.
Ahmad Hammoud

PCOS, Other
Dr Phipps is great, not always the best communicator but over all very knowledgeable. One nurse on his staff is cold and uncaring, she set my expectation and when I had a miscarriage it provided false hope that my baby was ok. Moving forward her emails were short and cold.... If you want a warm and fuzzy feeling, this office is not the one. If you want straight shooters, this office is where to go
[Reproductive Resource Center's] Strengths, the flexibility and quick processes. Weaknesses, slow responses to emails, there is very little content to emails and little guidance. You have to ask questions or they just assume you know... The nurses were fantastic except for one, she comes off cold and uncaring. perhaps she has done this too long... If you want a warm and fuzzy feeling, this office is not the one. If you want straight shooters, this office is where to go
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
The responses to my emails were semi cold and not a lot of information has been provided for my process moving forward
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center.
I had coverage so I was aware of the coverage due to my advocate through my coverage
Independence

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center.

We have only seen Dr. Brabec at our initial consult. Our Nurse Practitioner is our main contact. Doctor Brabec was very warm and took the time to explain our options. She was very optimistic! I feel that we would see her more if we were doing an IVF cycle. She has an amazing staff that truly personalizes our care...She is extremely knowledgable and very nice!..we felt comfortable starting with the least invasive treatment and Dr. Brabec supported us.
Everyone in the office [Reproductive Resource Center] remembers our name and details about our lives. They are warm and welcoming each time we visit. The staff takes the time to fully explain treatment options and answer questions. We never feel pressured...We love our nurses at RRC! They are so kind and work hard to meet our needs. We appreciate how often they communicate and how promptly they follow through...
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She is extremely knowledgable and very nice!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Everyone in the office remembers our name and details about our lives. They are warm and welcoming each time we visit. The staff takes the time to fully explain treatment options and answer questions. We never feel pressured.
Describe the protocols Celeste Brabec used in your cycles at Reproductive Resource Center and their degree of success.
I don't remember specifics, but we felt comfortable starting with the least invasive treatment and Dr. Brabec supported us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Independence

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center.

6 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We are currently in the middle of our first IVF treatment and so far, have been very pleased with Dr. Brabec. She is warm, informative and we have seen her for every appointment so far, except for 1. She does talk a bit fast in general but has always slowed down when we ask questions and takes her time to answer...Don't be afraid to slow her down from talking so fast and ask all your questions...We are currently planning for our first egg retrieval and will do genetic testing on our embryos ( ICSI will be done) before doing a frozen transfer. They knew right away we would be doing a frozen transfer due to our history of multiple miscarriages and my PCOS diagnosis.
From our first consultation appointment to our current appointment timeline [at Reproductive Resource Center], my husband and I have always been addressed by our names at each appointment without hesitation. We have never felt like they didn't know about our history and current treatment plan they have set up...We are currently planning for our first egg retrieval and will do genetic testing on our embryos ( ICSI will be done) before doing a frozen transfer. They knew right away we would be doing a frozen transfer due to our history of multiple miscarriages and my PCOS diagnosis.
6 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
From our first consultation appointment to our current appointment timeline, my husband and I have always been addressed by our names at each appointment without hesitation. We have never felt like they didn't know about our history and current treatment plan they have set up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca Brabec)
Everyone from our primary nurse, to our IVF coordinator and other nurses we have come in contact with have been amazing. They are very good about communicating via phone and updating our personal online portal. We have had our results from any appointments updated on our portal within a few hours or the same day and I have never had to wait long for questions to be answered.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Don't be fooled by the building they are currently in, they are having new offices built at the moment. They have been very upfront about that. Their lab is right connected to the clinic as well, which is nice you don't have to go far.
Describe Celeste Brabec's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic will only transfer 1 embryo at a time.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
In my experience, I have not waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room [at RRC], and the nursing staff in the waiting room area are nothing short of amazing. They are kind and knew me by name. I cannot think of one weakness to share about this clinic. I know that you will love Dr. Brabec!... I had two separate nurses. Sarah was over my time during the egg retrieval and JJ wIll be during the transfer. They are both VERY kind and compassionate. 99% of the time the responded to my messages and calls within the same day! They stay closely connected to Dr. Brabec and are very thorough.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Brabec is a very kind, funny and VERY knowledgeable individual! She would crack jokes, which my husband loved, always give us very detailed information and never let us leave or hang up the phone until ALL of our questions were answered. At one point, I had a LEEP procedure done and had an odd reaction to the anesthesia. During my egg retrieval, Dr. Brabec took ever precaution to ensure that I was going to make it through the surgery with NO complications and she was genuinely concerned. It was so relaxing(during a time that can be VERY stressful) knowing that she cared so much!
Dr. Brabec does talk pretty quick! I have learned that this is because she is very knowledgeable-she definitely knows her stuff!!! But never feel like you can’t ask her questions if you need clarification! She is very kind and will answer any questions you have.
My husband and I had previously undergone treatment at another clinic where we were treated like a number.(sat in the waiting room for hours, called us by the wrong names, overlooked my husbands infection, etc.) when we visit Dr. Brabec, she treats us as individuals, knows our names, jokes with us, and is kind. Her staff is the same. They always answer the phone with kindness, message back quickly, and create real conversation with you.
In the other clinic that I had received treatment at, we went through several months of medications and times intercourse, and 6 cycles of IUI. We were ready to move on to IVF when the clinic was shut down due to several embryologist leaving at the same time. We went to RRC and Dr. Brabec knowing that we wanted to jump in to IVF. We had already done the necessary testing so we were able to start the cycle. I went through 8 days of medication. Injections and every other day I had my blood draw to look at levels. Once they were high enough, i went in for an ultrasound and had SEVERAL follicles. Dr. Brabec knew this was going to be the outcome. I went in for the Egg Retrieval where she retrieved 20 eggs! My husband provided sperm and our eggs underwent ICSI. She suggested this because my husband has low morphology so this would ensure the best fertilization rate. She was right! All 20 eggs fertilized! In the end we had 10 healthy embryos develop. We did choose to have genetic testing done on each and now we have 7 extremely healthy embryos awaiting transfer!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: JJ and Sarah)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
In my experience, I have not waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room, and the nursing staff in the waiting room area are nothing short of amazing. They are kind and knew me by name. I cannot think of one weakness to share about this clinic. I know that you will love Dr. Brabec!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center.
I do not feel like I need to be specific because this is personal but for our entire IVF cycle it was under $30,000. My body does react well to the medications however, so I did not have to pay as much in medications as some others may! They do have programs for you to pay slightly more and receive more cycles but we knew we would not need that.
I have had a LEEP procedure done, so it is suggested that we only do a single embryo transfer. However, because of my age(27 and healthy), Dr Brabec suggested we only do a single transfer anyways because of the higher success rate.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Brabec, is a very kind and honest person. I would say that some of her strengths are that she knows all her fertility information. She is a very compassionate person and tries to show you every aspect of treatment and what option could possibly work best and why. For example, in our case she recommended ivf because my husband was low on sperm count and motility but also my eggs were not in the best shape. I would say her weakness is that she talks really fast, sometimes it can come across as rushing through but I think it’s just the way she speaks. Overall I felt safe and in good hands. She always tried her best to make sure I was feeling good and that the treatment was going according to schedule.
I think the only issue with the clinic [Reproductive Resource Center] might be the room they have for husbands to provide a sample. We felt like it was too close to the clinic area. The clinic overall was very clean and in good shape. All staff is very kind, patient and very respectful. ... Sarah [nurse] was absolutely phenomenal! Anytime I called with questions she was happy to assist me and point me in the right direction. Always explained everything and made sure that I understood treatment options. I felt like she took care of me and was always checking up on me after my appointments. She was very kind!
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Be open to different treatment options and know that Dr. Brabec only wants the best for her patients.
Dr. Brabec and her staff were always ready to help. Anytime there was a problem, they would try to help fix or would find an appropriate solution. Both nurses and doctors always took the time to explain everything and answer any questions I had. They always knew who you were and didn’t rush through calls or consultations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tipton)
Sarah was absolutely phenomenal! Anytime I called with questions she was happy to assist me and point me in the right direction. Always explained everything and made sure that I understood treatment options. I felt like she took care of me and was always checking up on me after my appointments. She was very kind!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I think the only issue with the clinic might be the room they have for husbands to provide a sample. We felt like it was too close to the clinic area. The clinic overall was very clean and in good shape. All staff is very kind, patient and very respectful.
Dr. Brabec prefers to only transfer 1 embryo at a time due to the potential for twins and what not. However, if you have two embryos she will take the patients wishes into consideration. On my case we had two viable embryos and she allowed us to transfer both.
Overland Park

Expect for her [Dr. Brabec] to talk quickly- not because she is rushing you or in a hurry, just because that's the way her brain works. Do not be afraid to ask her to slow down or go over something again- she will do so gladly...Diagnosed with PCOS at first visit. Had 2 rounds of clomid with OBGYN with negative OPK's prior to first appointment with Dr. Brabec. She prescribed metformin to be taken daily, letrozole used on days 3-7. Also prescribed dexamethasone and used Ovidrel for trigger shot prior to IUI. Did 3 IUI's with this protocol, all resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Office staff [at Reproductive Resource Center] was wonderful. I really appreciated the billing specialists- they helped significantly with determining insurance coverage and payment. Scheduling was easy. Office staff communicated seamlessly with the physicians and nurses. Everyone was very nice and welcoming, they made you feel important...Primary point of contact was nurse coordinator...You do not always see your primary nurse at appointments- I believe this is how you get fit in for appointments so quickly and easily. I was pleased with all nursing staff. Communication was very open and calls were answered quickly.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Was very knowledgeable and eager to help. Gave choices and recommendation but ultimately let the patient decide on treatment plan. She does talk quickly and is sometimes hard to follow, however she will re-explain if asked- nursing is also very good about following her and asking if everything was understood.
Expect for her to talk quickly- not because she is rushing you or in a hurry, just because that's the way her brain works. Do not be afraid to ask her to slow down or go over something again- she will do so gladly.
Never felt rushed at appointments, physician and nursing always spent ample time explaining treatments. Portal messages answered same or next day, calls always returned same day or next day at very latest- if not urgent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessie- nurse practitioner )
Primary point of contact was nurse coordinator- Jessie (the nurse practitioner, there is also an RN Jessie). You do not always see your primary nurse at appointments- I believe this is how you get fit in for appointments so quickly and easily. I was pleased with all nursing staff. Communication was very open and calls were answered quickly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Office staff was wonderful. I really appreciated the billing specialists- they helped significantly with determining insurance coverage and payment. Scheduling was easy. Office staff communicated seamlessly with the physicians and nurses. Everyone was very nice and welcoming, they made you feel important.
Before insurance each IUI cycle was approximately $1,000 using letrozole and Ovidrel trigger protocol- this does not include initial testing.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Because we had DOR, he wasn’t worried about being aggressive with protocol or me getting OHSS. However, for some reason, I didn’t respond at all and we converted to an IUI. ... Dr. Phipps took the time to meet with us and honestly explain realistic expectations for my husband and I. We were not rushed out because we went over time, we felt like family in his office
I swear Every person at this clinic [Reproductive Resource Center] was hand picked by Jesus to work here. They have all been so kind when I needed it most, never judge mental, never rude. I love them! The front desk Are the perfect faces you want to see and talk to when you are so nervous for what’s about to come in your appointment. They are quick about getting information for you, scheduling appointments, getting a nurse, whatever it is you need.
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
We are fairly new to the process, but Dr. Phipps seems to be very well educated in his field. He may not be the easiest person to talk to (a bit awkward), because I swear he is a super genius, but it makes me feel good that he’s educated in his field.
He is unlike any other doctor I’ve had. Give him the chance to explain what he’s doing and don’t expect him to dumb things down. All of his explanations are scientific.
Describe the protocols William Phipps used in your cycles at Reproductive Resource Center and their degree of success.
Because we had DOR, he wasn’t worried about being aggressive with protocol or me getting OHSS. However, for some reason, I didn’t respond at all and we converted to an IUI. Waiting on phone call with Dr. Phipps to discuss why he thinks that happened and what is next
Every nurse we have had so far has exceeded my expectations. They are very hopeful and optimistic, even when things look bad. Becca was amazing when I had my scan and we figured my cycle would be canceled. She went through how I am young and that is going to be in our favor and nothing that’s happening is my fault. She assured me I am doing all I can to have a baby and not to blame myself
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I swear Every person at this clinic was hand picked by Jesus to work here. They have all been so kind when I needed it most, never judge mental, never rude. I love them! The front desk Are the perfect faces you want to see and talk to when you are so nervous for what’s about to come in your appointment. They are quick about getting information for you, scheduling appointments, getting a nurse, whatever it is you need.
Down payment for IVF cycle was $12,800 Medications were $4,800 We didn’t make it to egg retrieval to pay the rest...
Describe William Phipps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Resource Center.
Dr. Phipps will only transfer one embryo...because of my age.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
During the diagnostic phase prior to IUI, she [Dr. Brabec] recommended I get a large fibroid removed, which I did. During that surgery with another surgeon, it was discovered that I had endometriosis. This VERY important finding was completely glossed over by Dr. Brabec. I knew nothing about endo at the time and trusted her since she didn't discuss it after my surgery. During that second consultation to finally start IUI, she only gave me the options of IUI with oral meds or IVF. No injectables.
Sarah [nurse at Reproductive Resource Center] was warm, thorough, and super intelligent. She explained things in a way that never felt rushed, unlike with Dr. Brabec. Sarah was literally the only reason I stayed with this clinic, as I wasn't crazy about Dr. Brabec from the beginning. Sarah responded to all of my portal messages quickly and with thorough explanations, which I really appreciated...All of the clinic staff I encountered were very friendly and kind. I felt that the communication in the clinic was good and that my questions or requests were always answered in a timely manner and with professionalism.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I saw Dr. Brabec about three times over the course of 1.5 years. At my initial consult, she recommended IVF as my course of treatment based on my age and lab values. I was not ready for that and wanted to try IUI first. She recommended IUI with injectables to increase the chances of pregnancy. During the diagnostic phase prior to IUI, she recommended I get a large fibroid removed, which I did. During that surgery with another surgeon, it was discovered that I had endometriosis. This VERY important finding was completely glossed over by Dr. Brabec. I knew nothing about endo at the time and trusted her since she didn't discuss it after my surgery. During that second consultation to finally start IUI, she only gave me the options of IUI with oral meds or IVF. No injectables. I pointed out this discrepancy from our previous visit, and she stated that injectables are rarely used with IUI anymore due to the risk of multiples. I pointed out that that was her recommendation a year prior, which she again glossed over. After two failed IUIs with oral meds, I sought out a second opinion on my case to see if IVF was the next best step. I did not consult with Dr. Brabec about this b/c she was gung-ho about IVF from the get go and felt that I already knew what her answer would be. My second opinion doctor encouraged me to look into endometriosis again before doing anything, because in her eyes (based on my labs and testing), I was a fertile woman and something else was causing my infertility. THANK GOD I found her and also found Nancy's Nook group on Facebook which provides amazing information about endometriosis. I still knew very little about endo at the time. Through this group, I found an endometriosis specialist in STL. He read my operative report from 1.5 years ago where I had the fibroid and endometriosis removed and HE informed me that I had Stage 4 endometriosis. To say I was shocked and disgusted that Dr. Brabec never mentioned this to me is an understatement. I honestly don't know that she ever ready my surgical report, as it clearly stated that I had endometriosis on my bowel, bladder, and uterus. Upon learning this, I feel that the IUIs I had were likely a waste and that I also wasted 1.5 years of my fertility life by not knowing I had stage 4 endo. Dr. Brabec was completely negligent in this area, and even after confronting her about this, she was less than helpful and said how she had it documented that we discussed the endo. Had I known I had stage 4 endo then or had been given ANY education about it, I would have been ready for IVF at that time. Also, her treatment recommendations for endo are very outdated and old school. So- if you know you want IVF and are ready for it, this might be the doctor for you. However, if you want a thorough investigation into the causes of your infertility, want education about your fertility picture, or if you have endometriosis, I would absolutely not recommend Dr. Brabec as your provider. She basically feels that IVF is the answer for anything.
Only go to her if you are ready for IVF and have done your research on why you need IVF.
The first consult was ok, but I felt like Dr. Brabec spoke very quickly and ran through my options like she'd said it all a million times, which she probably had. The consult felt a bit rushed, which I was quite uncomfortable with. Her NPs were never like that, however, which is why I stuck with this clinic.
I did two rounds of IUI with letrozole pills (2.5 mg for five days), along with Ovidrel trigger shot both times. I believe I had several good sized follicles both times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was warm, thorough, and super intelligent. She explained things in a way that never felt rushed, unlike with Dr. Brabec. Sarah was literally the only reason I stayed with this clinic, as I wasn't crazy about Dr. Brabec from the beginning. Sarah responded to all of my portal messages quickly and with thorough explanations, which I really appreciated.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I think IUI was around $700 per cycle which included an ultrasound. Meds were another $120 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Resource Center.
Dr. Brabec did not provide any education about my endometriosis findings, how it impacts my fertility, or anything. It wasn't until I saw an endometriosis specialist 1.5 years later that I learned of this.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Brabec] told me they are going to get us a baby and I truly do believe that! I think everyone going through fertility issues needs all the positivity we can get!...She did tell me I needed to lose a little weight which is a shock to whoever hears it, but if that is what is holding me back from growing my family, I will try to lose what I need to!...She also told us that we can only talk about IVF for 1 HOUR a day, just because that’s all I literally think and talk about. She keeps me in check and I need that in a doctor.
The clinic [Reproductive Resource Center] is so clean and they have an AMAZING staff! I honestly can not pick out a weakness for the clinic. They are just so wonderful! I could honestly just hang out there all day because of their positivity!...We have only had our consultation and my husband had a seman analysis. I had a vaginal ulrtasound done, which determined my PCOS. Then we discussed our treatment plan and I was put on Metformin and the birth control pill.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Brabec. She tells you how it is and I love that. I don’t want anyone that’s going to sugar coat anything and that is by far Dr.Brabec! She did tell me I needed to lose a little weight which is a shock to whoever hears it, but if that is what is holding me back from growing my family, I will try to lose what I need to! What I also love about Dr.Brabec is her POSITIVITY! When my husband and I could not get pregnant my attitude became so negative, but the second we walked through the doors her positivity lit up the room! She also told us,” Don’t worry, we will get you guys a baby, we just have to figure out what is going on” I honestly believe that they are going to get us pregnant! She also told us that we can only talk about IVF for 1 HOUR a day, just because that’s all I literally think and talk about. She keeps me in check and I need that in a doctor.
Be patient and open minded. Don’t get your feelings hurt if you are told you need to lose weight or some other lifestyles changes.
I didn’t feel like a number at all! Dr.Brabec and her staff have this positive energy right when you walk through the door. They truly care about your health and bringing a baby into this world. She told me they are going to get us a baby and I truly do believe that! I think everyone going through fertility issues needs all the positivity we can get!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley )
All the nurses are amazing. I mainly talked to Ashley and clicked really well with her. I called her a couple weeks after our consultation just because I didn’t retain some information because I was emotionally exhausted, and she went through EVERYTHING with me. She even broke it down when I was completely confused.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic is so clean and they have an AMAZING staff! I honestly can not pick out a weakness for the clinic. They are just so wonderful! I could honestly just hang out there all day because of their positivity!
We are going through IVF and with all of our costs not including what we have already spent, it will be around $27-$30k.
Dr.Brabec only recommends one embryo at a time just because there is that chance that you can have multiples and having multiples means bed rest and possibly NICU time for the babies.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
[Dr. Brabec is] straight to the point but optimistic. She’s determined to find a way to make us a baby even with challenges. She’s confident but not cocky. She’s warm but realistic in our expectations. As a physician, she respected my profession and knowledge base but still explained everything completely and made sure my husband understood...she can be aggressive is recommended IVF right away if that’s what she thinks would give you the best shot.
The waiting room [at Reproductive Resource Center] is comfortable and neat. The front staff are so incredibly warm and welcoming. They are always chipper and kind. The clinic is very nice. Nothing over the top but just right. The environment is overall exactly what I would want in an infertility clinic...They [nurses] are all very warm and compassionate. Some of them have personally struggled with infertility. They show true empathy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She’s straight to the point but optimistic. She’s determined to find a way to make us a baby even with challenges. She’s confident but not cocky. She’s warm but realistic in our expectations. As a physician, she respected my profession and knowledge base but still explained everything completely and made sure my husband understood.
Don’t be afraid to stick to your guns if you want to try a less invasive approach first. She is determined to get you a baby so she can be aggressive is recommended IVF right away if that’s what she thinks would give you the best shot.
She has a wonderful bedside manor. She sits at your level and often reaches out at your hand. She explains things thoroughly and makes sure we understand before moving forward.
We actually conceived naturally after our first visit with her after only being on the supplements she recommended. That pregnancy ended in a ruptured ectopic. She then further recommended IVF however she was open to allowing to us try IUI first. We took letrozole 2.5 mg, Ovidrel 250 mcg trigger shot, insemination and then progesterone. We are currently in the 2 week waiting period.
They are all very warm and compassionate. Some of them have personally struggled with infertility. They show true empathy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The waiting room is comfortable and neat. The front staff are so incredibly warm and welcoming. They are always chipper and kind. The clinic is very nice. Nothing over the top but just right. The environment is overall exactly what I would want in an infertility clinic.
Not sure

4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
I have loved being at RRC with William Phibbs. He has great bed side manner and I also felt comfortable with him. He's been really great, open and honest. We are traveling over 4 hours both ways to see Dr. Phibbs. We researched clinics and doctors extensively before making our decision and we are happy with it so far!... He is very smart and very educated and has a lot of years of doing IVF under his belt. He knows what he's talking about, for sure.
[IVF at Reproductive Resource Center] was successful, with 15 eggs, 11 mature, 9 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5, and 1 on day 6. All four made it through PGT testing...Strengths - doctors with LOTS of experience and knowledge under their belts...We like all of the nurse, care coordinators and the nursing staff. They are all very helpful and knowledgeable. They have been nothing but accommodating and kind to us...We are around $34,000 right now. Not finished.
4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
Listen. Jot down notes. Ask questions. Be direct. He is very smart and very educated and has a lot of years of doing IVF under his belt. He knows what he's talking about, for sure.
I felt like William Phibbs really cared about me and my care. He was very up front and honest and so far we have gotten all of the results that we wanted!
Agonist protocol, if I recall that was the name of it. We did injections for 10 days, trigger on the 11th day, and egg retrieval two days later. It was successful, with 15 eggs, 11 mature, 9 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5, and 1 on day 6. All four made it through PGT testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marge)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Strengths - doctors with LOTS of experience and knowledge under their belts. Weaknesses - not necessarily a diss to the clinic but they are 4.5 hours away from us so sometimes traveling is stressful.
We are around $34,000 right now. Not finished.
We are only transferring one embryo. We are not sure our clinic's protocol on it but we think they only do one at a time. We are young with healthy embryos and not miscarriages so only one is fine with us.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I saw Dr. Phipps 2 years ago for an iui and initial diagnoses. I did not get pregnant and then my spouse and I took a break from treatment and returned this month. So far we have had an IVF consult, simple labs, a plan of treatment and a financial consult. So far he has been thorough, but not extremely personable. I believe he is talented and knows what he is doing, but just may not be the warmest person. He explains each detail, but sometimes uses vocabulary that needs to be explained. I feel comfortable moving forward with him.
The same staff was there that we saw 2 years ago [at Reproductive Resource Center]. They got us in quickly, and are very prompt to respond. They always greet us with a smile and are prepared to answer questions. I really appreciated that they had all of our previous information at hand and we did not have to repeat a bunch of info.... The quote we were given was between 18500 and 2200 depending on genetic testing. They also offered unifvy and attain multi cycle plans for more.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
Make sure to ask questions when you need to clarify information that may not make sense.
He is very quiet and to the point, not extremely warm. He speaks very scientifically so you need to ask questions l.
I have PCOS so IVF with ICSI and a frozen transfer was recommended to do a fear of OHSS. He explained why I’m at a higher risk and why frozen transfer would be the safest option. I have not started the medication process, but those details will come in a separate meeting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Margaret Vogt)
Margret has been amazing! She remembered us from two years ago, and had our complete history ready to go. She was empathetic and professional. She answered questions and explained throughly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The same staff was there that we saw 2 years ago. They got us in quickly, and are very prompt to respond. They always greet us with a smile and are prepared to answer questions. I really appreciated that they had all of our previous information at hand and we did not have to repeat a bunch of info.
They told me they almost always do a single embryo transfer. They said it is safer for me and there are less complications with a singleton pregnancy

IUI, 1 IVF
When my labs were not going according to plan, I wish they [RCC] would have called off the cycle. ... We were expecting 6-7 eggs, but only got 1. It didn’t mature past day 3. In the followup from cancelling the trial transfer, she said she wouldn’t change my protocol or do anything different. ... Rarely actually saw her [Dr. Brabec], another doctor did my trial transfer, and she wasn’t there for for egg retrieval. I saw her the day I came for a consultation and that was it. ...
Strengths [of Reproductive Resource Center]- friendly front desk staff Weakness- need to work on clarity on financials and what isn’t included in the two IVF bundle plan they offer, work on bed side manner, need to partner with out of state OBGYN’s so patients don’t have to travel for ultrasounds and blood work. ... We were also charged for that follow up call even though we paid for a special program to get two rounds of IVF.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
When my labs were not going according to plan, I wish they would have called off the cycle. It felt like a money thing to them to keep me going. We were expecting 6-7 eggs, but only got 1. It didn’t mature past day 3. In the followup from cancelling the trial transfer, she said she wouldn’t change my protocol or do anything different. She would recommend an egg donor as well. We were also charged for that follow up call even though we paid for a special program to get two rounds of IVF. The clinic seemed more focused on making money than trying to find the right plan for us. I actually got pregnant on my own after IVF.
I would ask for specific break downs of the financials for clarity of what you would be charged for. Ask if she will actually be your doctor or if her staff will he overseeing your treatment.
Rarely actually saw her, another doctor did my trial transfer, and she wasn’t there for for egg retrieval. I saw her the day I came for a consultation and that was it.
I was told I have low egg reserve and bad egg quality before my labs even came in which was a huge shock to us because we had been doing treatments for 2 years before seeing her and we were told it was “unexplained fertility”. So her protocol for us was the maximum medication she could give me because of the low reserve and bad egg quality.
They were matter of fact, so not great bed side manners.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Strengths- friendly front desk staff Weakness- need to work on clarity on financials and what isn’t included in the two IVF bundle plan they offer, work on bed side manner, need to partner with out of state OBGYN’s so patients don’t have to travel for ultrasounds and blood work.
Overland Park

Honest, integrity, great communicator, and trustworthy. When we first met her [Dr. Brabec], she gave us advice on skipping the IUI and proceeding with IVF. We decided to take the less invasive procedure and in all actuality we should have listened to her. She took her time to review our case and knew what was best for us as a couple. Her best advice was not to be afraid to ask questions and always call to talk to staff if you’re unsure on a certain injection instruction.
It was great to have all tests and procedures done in one location. Going through IVF is very stressful and having to travel with hard but knowing all of my Care [at Reproductive Resource Center] was in one place put my mind to ease. The IVF embryo transfer suite was absolutely amazing. Very high tech and very comforting made it a great experience.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Honest, integrity, great communicator, and trustworthy. When we first met her, she gave us advice on skipping the IUI and proceeding with IVF. We decided to take the less invasive procedure and in all actuality we should have listened to her. She took her time to review our case and knew what was best for us as a couple. Her best advice was not to be afraid to ask questions and always call to talk to staff if you’re unsure on a certain injection instruction.
Trust exactly what she tells you.
Each team member took the time to get to know me, my husband, my mom and my mother-in-law. We had to travel 3 hours for each appointment and they were very accommodating. When there was bad news to share, they’d always make sure to make a plan to attack the situation and always help boost my confidence in our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
They were compassionate, understanding, patience, and are always available to answer any my questions. They were there to celebrate the holidays when we found out we were pregnant and it kept in touch during the pregnancy as well. They mean the world to my husband and I.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
It was great to have all tests and procedures done in one location. Going through IVF is very stressful and having to travel with hard but knowing all of my Care was in one place put my mind to ease. The IVF embryo transfer suite was absolutely amazing. Very high tech and very comforting made it a great experience.
So with doing two rounds of IUI and one round of IVF we spent around a total of $24,000 with RRC.
She only wanted to do one since I had OHSS.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Brabec] can be a bit abrasive and her bedside manner isn’t the greatest. I have also witnessed her being short and rude (in my opinion) to nurses. She seems to know what she is doing, but could be more compassionate towards her patients. ... We have done every test I know of to come to the unexplained infertility diagnosis, which is discouraging. We have done 2 rounds of IUI, neither of which were successful using letrozole, trigger injection & progesterone.
For 1 IUI cycle the nurse failed to call back, resulting in a canceled cycle for that round of treatment. Had they [Reproductive Resource Center] called back that day we would have been able to move forward, but I had to call back the next day and didn’t receive a call back until closing time. ... Their lab is connected directly to the clinic so that is very nice and convenient as well ...
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She can be a bit abrasive and her bedside manner isn’t the greatest. I have also witnessed her being short and rude (in my opinion) to nurses. She seems to know what she is doing, but could be more compassionate towards her patients.
Ask tons of questions and make sure you get the answers you are looking for before you leave the office.
The office is kind and respectful and I have never felt like just a number
It seems like you get a different nurse every time you visit the office, but they are all pretty excellent.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic is clean, private & a good atmosphere overall. You walk into the waiting room through a private door without windows, check in at the front desk and wait. Their lab is connected directly to the clinic so that is very nice and convenient as well.
Costs are significant and they usually want payment up front or will bill you immediately following for treatment. Luckily, we have great insurance that covers many of the procedures and tests. But, if we didn’t I’m not sure how we would afford treatment if at all.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Resource Center.
For 1 IUI cycle the nurse failed to call back, resulting in a canceled cycle for that round of treatment. Had they called back that day we would have been able to move forward, but I had to call back the next day and didn’t receive a call back until closing time.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Approximately $12,000 for lab costs and one embryo transfer, including a $1,500 "coordination fee." The fee for eggs was $15,000 from a separate egg bank that our fertility clinic [Reproductive Resource Center] works with. We paid that fee to our clinic. However, via an online donor egg recipient forum, I learned that we were overcharged more than $1,000 by our clinic.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I believe Dr. Brabec is an experienced RE. This experience makes up for her lack of bedside manner. She cuts straight to the point and does not always listen well. Dr. Brabec is clearly busy but certainly cares about her results. She gave exaggerated optimistic odds (65% success rate) when encouraging us to use donor eggs. When our donor egg cycle failed, she said "we knew the odds were just 50%." Both odds are higher than those reflected on the clinic's SART records.
We were told Dr. Brabec had no bedside manner before we met her by several patients of hers who had had success being treated by her. Had we not known that, it would have been harder to accept.
The front desk staff was always very kind and friendly.
Based on lab results, we were advised by Dr. Brabec's staff to use frozen donor eggs. We jumped at the opportunity given the success rates she cited. Our med/timing protocol was the same as all first-time donor egg recipients at her clinic and was very similar to those I've learned about from patients at other clinics. My uterine lining was right on track for the initially estimated transfer date. The transfer failed (did not result in a pregnancy) due to a "poor quality" embryo. Two REs consulted after this experience indicated they would not have transferred an embryo of that grade.
Marge has been working with donor egg recipients for years at RRC.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
We chose this clinic because it is one of the only fertility clinics in the area that does not "batch" patients so the wait time for IVF was shorter. The front desk and lab staffs were always kind, friendly and welcoming. There were multiple billing errors that we had to ask to be corrected and were ultimately (but not easily) refunded. We would advise new patients to get all billing information in writing and to crosscheck it after receiving invoices.
Approximately $12,000 for lab costs and one embryo transfer, including a $1,500 "coordination fee." The fee for eggs was $15,000 from a separate egg bank that our fertility clinic works with. We paid that fee to our clinic. However, via an online donor egg recipient forum, I learned that we were overcharged more than $1,000 by our clinic.
Dr. Brabec told us she is usually unwilling to transfer more than one embryo at a time citing that it's in the best interest of the patient and child(ren).

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We only met with Dr. Brabec once before we started our treatments. She did spend time with us to discuss the options and thoroughly discuss IVF. We left that first consultation very confused as it was more of an information overload. I didn’t speak with Dr. Brabec again until our IVF cycle failed...After my first bloodwork, she increased my gonal f to 300 units a day for the remainder of my cycle, 7 days; and kept menopur and dexamethasone the same. I started cetrotide 3 days before my retrieval. My trigger was 2ml Novarel and 80 units of leuprolide. The next day they had me administer another 2ml of the Novarel.
When you have your monitoring visits during your cycle [at Reproductive Resource Center], they give you a window that you can come in for your blood draw and ultrasound. It was hard to know when you’d be seen because it depends on how many other women are also coming in that day. That made it difficult to plan around work, but hopefully your schedule can be flexible when you’re going through your cycle...We were able to ask questions and get answers, but we didn’t have a consistent caregiver which made it difficult to know who to speak to.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Be sure to ask questions so you fully understand your treatment and fully know what to expect, the risks, etc.
I started my cycle with 150 units of gonal f, 150 units of menopur, and 1 tablet of dexamethasone a day for 3 days. After my first bloodwork, she increased my gonal f to 300 units a day for the remainder of my cycle, 7 days; and kept menopur and dexamethasone the same. I started cetrotide 3 days before my retrieval. My trigger was 2ml Novarel and 80 units of leuprolide. The next day they had me administer another 2ml of the Novarel.
Majority of the nursing staff was responsive and willing to help. Some were not as compassionate, but I understand that is not necessarily their job. It was difficult because we didn’t have one nurse that we consistently worked with, so it was hard to know who to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The front desk staff is very friendly and willing to assist. The clinic is clean and well kept. When you have your monitoring visits during your cycle, they give you a window that you can come in for your blood draw and ultrasound. It was hard to know when you’d be seen because it depends on how many other women are also coming in that day. That made it difficult to plan around work, but hopefully your schedule can be flexible when you’re going through your cycle.
For our IVF cycle, we were quoted around $20K but that included PGS testing. However we ran multiple tests before we could start a cycle which added up over time. I think we had at least $600 in blood work.
Overland Park

At times during our treatment, I really liked Dr. Brabec, and other times not so much...I also felt like Dr. Brabec got defensive when I questioned her about what went wrong with her cycle (not blaming her). I was apparently diagnosed with PCOS but wasn't made aware of that fact for several months until I asked during our IVF consult...I don't feel like the reasons (or lack thereof) for my infertility were ever really discussed with me... I rarely saw Dr. Brabec, but I saw her before my egg retrieval and my frozen transfer, and I found her to be very warm and caring both times.
Overall, we have had an "okay" experience at RRC...I also liked that it was a two physician practice, and that the two doctors reviewed the files together. I found most of the nurses and office staff to be great. Occasionally, we had very long waits (once on the day of an IUI after my husband had already given his sperm sample) which were very frustrating. It's already so much to juggle with work and life, and then to have a 1.5 hour wait is not fun.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
At times during our treatment, I really liked Dr. Brabec, and other times not so much. As some one who really wants to understand my treatment and the reasons for selected protocol, I felt like communication was greatly lacking. I also felt like Dr. Brabec got defensive when I questioned her about what went wrong with her cycle (not blaming her). I was apparently diagnosed with PCOS but wasn't made aware of that fact for several months until I asked during our IVF consult. Otherwise, I don't know if I would ever have been told.
With Dr. Brabec (or any RE), it can be intimidating to ask questions, but you really need to be your own advocate throughout the process.
I did two cycles of IUI with letrozole, then my husband and I decided to move on to IVF. For our IVF cycle, I was on an antagonist protocol with Menopur. I had a short stimulation period followed by freeze-all egg retrieval. Dr. Brabec had high hopes for our retrieval (as did we), but out of 18 eggs retrieved, we had 8 that were immature, and of the ten mature, only three fertilized. Only one made it to Day 5, 4BB blast. That FET cycle resulted in a negative.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Overall, we have had an "okay" experience at RRC. Because this is such an emotional process, I'm sure I would feel differently if we had a successful cycle. I rarely saw Dr. Brabec, but I saw her before my egg retrieval and my frozen transfer, and I found her to be very warm and caring both times. I also liked that it was a two physician practice, and that the two doctors reviewed the files together. I found most of the nurses and office staff to be great. Occasionally, we had very long waits (once on the day of an IUI after my husband had already given his sperm sample) which were very frustrating. It's already so much to juggle with work and life, and then to have a 1.5 hour wait is not fun.
Due to my age (34), Dr. Brabec recommended a single embryo transfer. We ended up with only one embryo so it was a nonissue.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Resource Center.
I wasn't told that I had PCOS until my IVF consult, even though my lab work had bee completed months earlier. If I had known, I would have done more research and been more informed prior to the consult so I would have known what questions to ask. I don't feel like the reasons (or lack thereof) for my infertility were ever really discussed with me.

Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr Phipps is very knowledgeable and dedicated to his profession; however, his bedside manner is poor and demonstrates little ability to create personal connection or show compassion with something that is so emotionally and financially sensitive. However, his referral and patient success has superseded these things to my spouse and I.... Dr Phipps adjusted my medication after SHG that showed uterine polyps as well as my blood drawer numbers dropping. We will be complete frozen egg transfer with PGD and PGS.
Great front desk staff, great communication and overall very caring. The staff [Reproductive Resource Ctr] communicated well through their portal and were very knowledgeable. Our only complaint was with the financial coordinator who seemed very unorganized and pushy at times.... Marci and her team have been excellent to work with including responding to emails and returning phone calls in a timely manner and explaining procedures.
Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
Trust his knowledge and rely on his staff.
There was no personal connection established. There to complete his job only.
I start injections this upcoming week. Dr Phipps adjusted my medication after SHG that showed uterine polyps as well as my blood drawer numbers dropping. We will be complete frozen egg transfer with PGD and PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marci Hodge)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Great front desk staff, great communication and overall very caring. The staff communicated well through their portal and were very knowledgeable. Our only complaint was with the financial coordinator who seemed very unorganized and pushy at times.
Approximately 15,000 down payment; at this point approximately 2,500 for medication; 1000 to hospital for surgery fee; 450 for anesthesia; shipping fee as well as $99 per embryo for genetic testing. This does not include fees for medication around time of implant or storage fees. Approximately $1000 in other misc fees for appointments.
I believe he talked about just one embryo transfer to reduce risk of complication.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Celeste [Brabec] spoke candidly about my age and options. She explained what would happen and even when I didn’t understand, took the time to reassure me that she was part of this and would do everything she could to get success. She never promised it but seemed optimistic about our chances.... Our first IVF treatment was unsuccessful but she learned from it and put me on some vitamins and my husband as well to try to improve our chances on round 2. After those adjustments, we ended up getting pregnant it suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks.
Since it’s located within the hospital, I liked the convenience of care. They [Reproductive Resource Center] even extended hours for bloodwork, etc when necessary. The retrieval and implantation area within the hospital literally seemed like a spa experience.... We purchased a 2 cycle IVF plan for $15,500. If neither were successful, we received half of it back. (Which was our case). Drugs totaled approximated $10,000... I would see various staff members
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Celeste spoke candidly about my age and options. She explained what would happen and even when I didn’t understand, took the time to reassure me that she was part of this and would do everything she could to get success. She never promised it but seemed optimistic about our chances.
She talks very fast. She has a lot of information to share so it seems to come at you fast but don’t be afraid to ask questions after. Be prepared to take notes.
She made me feel like she cared just as much as I did that we’d be able to get pregnant. Like she was on our team.
Our first IVF treatment was unsuccessful but she learned from it and put me on some vitamins and my husband as well to try to improve our chances on round 2. After those adjustments, we ended up getting pregnant it suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Since we had purchased a 2 cycle plan and had no frozen embryos, that was our last shot within our budget.
I would see various staff members throughout the process and all of them seemed aware of my cycle and were prepared to help.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Since it’s located within the hospital, I liked the convenience of care. They even extended hours for bloodwork, etc when necessary. The retrieval and implantation area within the hospital literally seemed like a spa experience.
She chose to implant both embryos that had survived each time after 5 day’s. She explained that it gave us our best shot at a positive result.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I loved Dr. Brabec when we first went to her. She was blunt, but somehow compassionate....she referred me back to my OB and said that I needed to have a fallopian tube removed....She wanted us to do a fresh transfer, she said that would be our best option. She never addressed my endo....Dr. Brabec was sympathetic and told us that if we really want our best chances of having a baby we needed to go the donor egg route...you might have the other doctor do the egg retrieval or the transfer..
The staff at RRC was incredible. The nurses ALWAYS got right back to me and knew my protocol. They were honest and supportive completely. The gals at the front desk knew my name and always greeted me with a friendly smile. I never felt like a number....They were prompt on returning emails and calls....they are not open weekends....The nursing staff was excellent! They were prompt on returning emails and calls. They were compassionate and they took the time to explain every detail. They never made either of us feel like a number or just another case.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I loved Dr. Brabec when we first went to her. She was blunt, but somehow compassionate. I appreciated her honesty and her matter of fact way she said "we will get you a baby". After my ultra sounds, she referred me back to my OB and said that I needed to have a fallopian tube removed. She was the doctor, I trusted her, so I did. We did a fresh transfer, never addressing the endometriosis, and transferred our only 2 embryos. After days of back and forth we are pregnant, no we aren't, we finally were told I was having a chemical pregnancy. After that, about 2 weeks later I got a call from one of the nurses that they were ready to start again. My husband and I requested an appointment to talk with Dr. Brabec, we just wanted some answers...what would we do differently, how does this happen, what are the odds of another chemical pregnancy? So, had our appointment. Dr. Brabec was sympathetic and told us that if we really want our best chances of having a baby we needed to go the donor egg route. We were not opposed to that, we just want to have a baby. I mentioned to Dr. B that I had been going to acupuncture and that it was helping my stress levels, if nothing else, immensely. She basically told me that I was wasting my money and that during the next round, with donor eggs, I would need to stop that. My husband and I looked at eachother and thought, ok, lets go home and look at these donor banks and make a decision. Then one of the nurse comes in and says ok, we can get your stim shots started for this next round asap. We looked at eachother and were so confused, Dr. B had just told us our best chance of having a baby was egg donor. The nurse called Dr. B back in and it felt so confusing and nobody seemed on the same page. Dr. B said that she would still work with us if we wanted to try another round with my eggs, but that donor eggs would be a MUCH better chance of having a baby. We left feeling frustrated, confused, and over all defeated. I went to acupuncture the next day and she told me to go talk to another doctor, so we did. We immediately made the switch.
Get a second opinion.
She wanted us to do a fresh transfer, she said that would be our best option. She never addressed my endo. I started on bc, then applied testosterone patch for 5-6 days. On 8/4 I started leuprolide injections and growth hormone. I also started menopur and follistim in the evenings. My egg retrieval was 8/10, we started progesterone shots 8/12. Our transfer was 8/15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marcy & Cynthia)
The nursing staff was excellent! They were prompt on returning emails and calls. They were compassionate and they took the time to explain every detail. They never made either of us feel like a number or just another case. We LOVED the nursing staff!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The front desk staff and nursing staff were excellent. THe clinic places you on their schedule and they are not open weekends. When working with one doctor there, you might have the other doctor do the egg retrieval or the transfer.
I would say around $18000.

2012 - 2017
Dr. Brabec's compassion and love for her patients shines through. She was always thorough and reassuring with her instructions and plan of care. She took the time to make us feel comfortable with our plan of care and addressed and questions or concerns we had through out the entire process...We transferred two of them and had a successful pregnancy with twin girls born at 28 weeks gestation.
We will never be able to thank them [the staff at Reproductive Resource Center] enough for all they have done and how well they cared for us...IVF ICIS approx $17,000 FET cycles approx $6,500 each...communication throughout your day easy though phone call, patient portal or in person. They provide a finical counselor that can assist with financing and dealing with your insurance company.
2012 - 2017
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Know that Dr. Brabec and her staff is always there to answer any questions you have from filling prescriptions, to lab test and procedures. Weather in person, on the phone or via patient portal you will always receive a prompt response. No question is a dumb question so ask, ask, ask. They will always be able to guide you.
Dr. Brabec was always so warm and comforting through our entire journey. She and her staff held our hands and gave us reassurance throughout the process. Dr. Brabec was always ready to help guide us with any questions or concerns we had. We always felt cared for and that she always had our best interest in mind.
We did IVF ICSI. with a male fertility factor Dr. Brabec assured us ICIS was the best course of action to get the most healthy embryos. With our fresh cycle we got 5 healthy 5day embryos. We transferred two of them and had a successful pregnancy with twin girls born at 28 weeks gestation. For our next two cycles we did two FET cycles. Our first attempt at defrost was unsuccessful and lost an embryo. They moved onto the next embryo with a successful thaw we completed transfer with. We received a positive pregnancy test but unfortunately miscarried by our 8 week scan. We then attempted anther FET witch resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marci)
The entire team at Reproductive Resource Center are simply amazing. They all take the time to ask how you are doing and feeling through out the process. They were always available to answer any questions we had in a timely manner, this includes the nurses, lab staff, financial adviser and scheduling. Everyone made it their goal to make the process as easy and stress free as possible. When we miscarried after our first FET cycle everyone had such kind words and a hug waiting for us. They never let us feel alone during one of the most difficult and challenging moments of our lives. We will never be able to thank them enough for all they have done and how well they cared for us.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Strengths would include friendly and knowledgeable staff. They are efficient at answering questions in a timely manner. They are good at communicating making sure you fully understand the process. They are so warm and welcoming it makes you feel comfortable and that they truly have your best interest in mind at all times. The make communication throughout your day easy though phone call, patient portal or in person. They provide a finical counselor that can assist with financing and dealing with your insurance company.
IVF ICIS approx $17,000 FET cycles approx $6,500 each
Dr. Brabec was open to multiple embryo transfer for our first cycle. She did advise we transfer no more than two embroys. Both embryos took and we were blessed with twin daughters born at 28 weeks gestation. For our next two cycles Dr. Brabec advised we only transfer one embroy at a time to reduce the risk of premature birth.

2011 - 2016
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Brabec is thorough and to the point. She wants to see you succeed and fully explains her recommendations, the risks, and the course of action. ... Prior to seeing Dr. Brabec I'd been diagnosed with PCOS and had some evidence of stimulation using clomid. ... She is mindful not only of her patients and their desires, but of her practice as a whole. ... She was always quick to answer questions and had ready a thoughtful response.
I loved that they [Reproductive Resource Center] knew your name the moment you walked in. They greeted you with a smile and made you feel welcome and cared for. I never felt like I was a number. The clinic is well maintained and tightly run. Billing is regular and they explain exactly what you can expect. I also feel like your nurse explains exactly what you can expect to happen at each visit so you are properly prepared.
2011 - 2016
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Brabec is thorough and to the point. She wants to see you succeed and fully explains her recommendations, the risks, and the course of action. She is mindful not only of her patients and their desires, but of her practice as a whole.
Go to the consult! Dr. Brabec has years of experience and will be honest with you regarding your treatment.
She was always quick to answer questions and had ready a thoughtful response. She expressed her concerns as opposed to just being 100% confident of a predicted outcome. I felt like she felt our misfortunes as keenly as we did.
Prior to seeing Dr. Brabec I'd been diagnosed with PCOS and had some evidence of stimulation using clomid. My first cycle with RRC was in 2011 and started with a round of oral meds (letrozole) which was cancelled due to no response. 2nd cycle was letrozole days 3-7 (I think) then 37.5 iu of Follistim days 3, 5, 7, 9 (ultrasound), 11, 13 (ultrasound), then Ovidrel on day 14. IUI was day 15. It led to a successful pregnancy. In 2013, we were trying for a second baby. We started in September with the same protocol, but we upped the Follistim to 75 iu. Had the IUI, but negative pregnancy test. 2nd cycle we upped to the Follistim again to 116 iu until a monitoring ultrasound. Had second IUI, also a negative result. At baseline ultrasound for 3rd cycle I had a cyst, so we did a month of birth control. The real 3rd cycle, we did Letrozole again (days 3-7), then 116 iu of Follistim days 3-7 and backed down to 75 iu of Follistim every day after until the Ovidrel trigger. Had IUI and a successful pregnancy. In 2016, trying for 3rd baby, protocol was as follows : Letrozole days 3-7, 50 iu Follistim every other day starting on day 3, half tablet of dexamethasone every day, Ovidrel trigger on day 12, IUI on day 13. IUI was successful and led to a successful pregnancy. I also took metformin ER throughout each attempt since I have insulin resistant PCOS. I was more heavily medicated on my second set of cycles due to poor response and probable secondary infertility. Dr. Brabec held back when trying for the 3rd baby as she was concerned for multiples.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marcy and Becky W.)
We were super pleased with our nurse the first and third pregnancies. The 2nd it seemed like we kind of got shifted around a lot, but I think our nurse was pretty new to the facility. Marcy and Becca were our main nurses during the first set and they were on top of everything. Always a thorough response and explanation of things. Becky was our nurse the 3rd time around and she was so detailed in everything. Super compassionate and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I loved that they knew your name the moment you walked in. They greeted you with a smile and made you feel welcome and cared for. I never felt like I was a number. The clinic is well maintained and tightly run. Billing is regular and they explain exactly what you can expect. I also feel like your nurse explains exactly what you can expect to happen at each visit so you are properly prepared.
Each cycle with injectible meds ran $3-$5k depending on medication.

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The doctor's [Dr. Celeste Brabec] rationale for recommending donor eggs was a combination of high FSH (18.8), low AMH (0.02) and low anterior follicular count (5 total). As well as my history of negative test after 12 months of trying "naturally" and 3 rounds of Clomid, 4 months of Metformin and 3 rounds of Femara. We received 8 eggs from Fairfax egg bank and 2 made it to blastocyst, a third was close but did not make it. We chose to transfer both embryos and that transfer resulted in a live birth of fraternal twins at 31 weeks.
Overall, I had an excellent experience with the nurses at RRC [Reproductive Resource Center]. The front desk staff was also filled with incredible people. I did have a few instances were I struggled with communication but I think that was mainly because I am a VERY strong self-advocate in the medical world and thrive on information and data. They took great care of me and answered all my questions.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I only saw Dr. Brabec in person a few times but I found her to have an excellent balance between professionalism and being a compassionate nurturer. She was very confident which helped me feel the same way.
You might not get to see the doctor a lot, but she and the nursing staff are always looking out for you.
I felt like our goals were aligned from the beginning. It wasn't just "medical treatment" to them it was more like helping us attain a life goal.
We scheduled and started an IUI cycle before we had my final results for AMH and FSH. Although those two results and my follicular counts resulted in Dr. Brabec considering me not a candidate for IVF with my own eggs, we continued with the IUI cycle because it was already planned and paid for. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test so we immediately chose to start an egg donor IVF cycle. The doctor's rationale for recommending donor eggs was a combination of high FSH (18.8), low AMH (0.02) and low anterior follicular count (5 total). As well as my history of negative test after 12 months of trying "naturally" and 3 rounds of Clomid, 4 months of Metformin and 3 rounds of Femara. We received 8 eggs from Fairfax egg bank and 2 made it to blastocyst, a third was close but did not make it. We chose to transfer both embryos and that transfer resulted in a live birth of fraternal twins at 31 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marge Vogt)
Overall, I had an excellent experience with the nurses at RRC. The front desk staff was also filled with incredible people. I did have a few instances were I struggled with communication but I think that was mainly because I am a VERY strong self-advocate in the medical world and thrive on information and data. They took great care of me and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic has and excellent online portal for patients. I loved having access to it and the messaging feature. The only weakness I ever saw can be attributed to just being busy and trying balance a lot of patients. Everything from protocol to the financial side of things was throughly explained and I considered this clinic and the staff very strong and reliable.
Estimating: I believe the IUI cycle was about $1,500 with medication. The IVF cycle was just under $10,000. That is just the transfer side because we used donor eggs, which were $15,000.
Dr. Brabec didn't give a recommendation for or against multiple embryo transfer. She asked what we wanted to do and supported it.