6650 West 110th S
Independence (closed)
19600 East 39th Street
Independence, KS 64131

2020 - 2021, Successful
We really didn't see Dr. Brabec much, but when we see her every time, she talks really fast and covered lots of things. She does gave us many options and professional views about how we chose the choice. She did diagnose why I have infertility...just be aware that she talks fast and needs jog down lots of information. Just prepare for the questions and she would answer for you...
I think the clinic [Reproductive Resource Center] is very professional and organized...However, the medication instructions sometimes are confused and might have minor errors and my husband found it and pointed it out. Also, sometimes the minor communication is disconnected but overall are really good...the Univfy program will not cover second egg retrieval until you finished first round
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I think just be aware that she talks fast and needs jog down lots of information. Just prepare for the questions and she would answer for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
The nurse called us quite often and checked on us to see if we need anything else. The nurse (Cynthia) even called us back after her off duty to answer our questions.
Describe the protocols Celeste Brabec used in your cycles at Reproductive Resource Center and their degree of success.
Before egg retrieval, I was on birth control pills to make sure I will be ovulated on time. Then we used menopur, centritide, gona, and other pills to be ready for the egg retrieval. She didn't give me a lot of does on each medicine in case I will have side effect. In the end, it was 17 eggs in my uterus, but only 12 retrieved, 9 mutual, 7 fertilized, 3 embryos created. After PGT test, only 1 normal. We transfer the first time and successfully to be pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
Cynthia did pretty good job on checking us and call us on time. She even answer our questions after hours. She noticed that we lived 2 hours away and suggested us to stay in a place before egg retrieval day. We feel that they take care us a lot. However, I hope it can be more cleared on the instructions of how much should injected for doses.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I think the clinic is very professional and organized. I feel I choose the right clinic and the result is pretty well. I will think to go again for my second child if I need to. However, the medication instructions sometimes are confused and might have minor errors and my husband found it and pointed it out. Also, sometimes the minor communication is disconnected but overall are really good. The program that I attend in there needs to attend until the transferred failed to have another egg retrieval, so just be aware the Univfy program will not cover second egg retrieval until you finished first round.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center.
We enrolled the unifvy program, so the total costs plus the medications are 31,000 dollars.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Resource Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Resource Center.
The medication instructions printed wrong before the egg retrieval day but mu husband found it and corrected it. We gave them call the other day and they did apologize for that.
Overland Park

Dr. Brabec is known for her results, not her bedside manner. We saw her once for the consultation and she spoke so quickly that our heads were spinning, and I have a fair understanding of human anatomy...We perhaps have seen her 2-3 times in the 2 year process. I do not feel she is compassionate or patient with her clientele and it is difficult to ask her questions as she does appear in a hurry to get to the next part of her day.
This clinic [Reproductive Resource Center] is very difficult to get someone on the phone, and they promote use of the patient portal. The portal is quite limiting but they are fairly quick to answer questions (24 hours or less). I do also think the clinic is quite disorganized...there were different nurses assigned for each stage and it was difficult to know who was keeping track of your case.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Brabec is known for her results, not her bedside manner. We saw her once for the consultation and she spoke so quickly that our heads were spinning, and I have a fair understanding of human anatomy. She is known for her results but it is also known she won't take cases that she may not be successful with, in order to prevent her numbers from going down. We perhaps have seen her 2-3 times in the 2 year process. I do not feel she is compassionate or patient with her clientele and it is difficult to ask her questions as she does appear in a hurry to get to the next part of her day. Again, we came to this clinic because of the successes, not the warm and fuzzy bedside manner.
To advocate for what you want and strive to be informed.
The initial consult definitely made us feel like a number. She wrote down percentages for our ability to do this on our own and they were clearly the same percentages she writes down for everyone with fertility issues. I do feel she was trying to sell IVF, but was appreciative of how clear she was in the inefficiency of IUI.
Prior to any treatment, we had to undergo an HSG and SHG as well as a trial transfer prior to meds. Prep meds for retrieval included approx. the following: testosterone patches 1x per day for 5 days with microdose leuprolide injections 2x per day (10 units), menopure 225 iu injection, omnitrope 25 unit injection, Gonal-F 375 injection, Dexamethasone 1 mg. These meds did vary, as I started with testosteron patches for 3 days, then added microdoes leuprolide for 2 more, then d/c'd testosterone and began the other injections. After an US and blood test to make sure eggs were 14+mm, took a Novarel trigger injection at approx. day 12. I had to increase my doses after day 3 of this process as I was not responding initially. I chose to continue higher doses rather than cancel my course. After retrieval, blastocyst stage, freeze and PGS, and 2 periods, I began 2ml progesterone injections daily, estradiol 2 mg (3x per day, will start with 2x per day and up to 3) and low dose aspirin. The transfer occurred part way through this regimen and the meds continue for 2 more months if the embryo is successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Resource Center.
The nursing staff is mostly great. There is one in particular that can be quite short with you. Everyone is kind and compassionate. However, there were different nurses assigned for each stage and it was difficult to know who was keeping track of your case. They were fairly disorganized in that, I had to ask for directions and possible dosage changes as this wasn't forthcoming ahead of time.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic does perform most procedures first thing in the morning which is a plus to a working person. The consults are always late morning which can be quite inconvenient but the labs and ultrasounds are early and this is helpful. This clinic is very difficult to get someone on the phone, and they promote use of the patient portal. The portal is quite limiting but they are fairly quick to answer questions (24 hours or less). I do also think the clinic is quite disorganized and I understand it wasn't quite this bad a few years ago (as my referral came from a friend who had success with them). However, I chose this clinic based off of her referral and their success with her. So far we have had success with this clinic if looking at numbers only, and sometimes that's all you need to bring home a baby!
Initial consult covered by insurance somewhat, $110. Blood tests and ultrasounds for diagnostic purposes covered by insurance. HSG and shg semi-covered by insurance $110. Practice transfer $175 out of pocket. Hospitalization for retrieval and anesthesia $1200. Univfy program $20,000. Meds for retrieval $8,000. Meds for FET transfer and continuing after FET $900.
Describe Celeste Brabec's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Resource Center.
We did not discuss those options, probably because we have multiple embryos to choose from and have only had one transfer at this time.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I saw Dr. Phipps 2 years ago for an iui and initial diagnoses. I did not get pregnant and then my spouse and I took a break from treatment and returned this month. So far we have had an IVF consult, simple labs, a plan of treatment and a financial consult. So far he has been thorough, but not extremely personable. I believe he is talented and knows what he is doing, but just may not be the warmest person. He explains each detail, but sometimes uses vocabulary that needs to be explained. I feel comfortable moving forward with him.
The same staff was there that we saw 2 years ago [at Reproductive Resource Center]. They got us in quickly, and are very prompt to respond. They always greet us with a smile and are prepared to answer questions. I really appreciated that they had all of our previous information at hand and we did not have to repeat a bunch of info.... The quote we were given was between 18500 and 2200 depending on genetic testing. They also offered unifvy and attain multi cycle plans for more.
How was your experience with William Phipps (retired) at Reproductive Resource Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Phipps (retired) at Reproductive Resource Center?
Make sure to ask questions when you need to clarify information that may not make sense.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Phipps (retired) at Reproductive Resource Center?
He is very quiet and to the point, not extremely warm. He speaks very scientifically so you need to ask questions l.
Describe the protocols William Phipps (retired) used in your cycles at Reproductive Resource Center and their degree of success.
I have PCOS so IVF with ICSI and a frozen transfer was recommended to do a fear of OHSS. He explained why I’m at a higher risk and why frozen transfer would be the safest option. I have not started the medication process, but those details will come in a separate meeting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Margaret Vogt)
Margret has been amazing! She remembered us from two years ago, and had our complete history ready to go. She was empathetic and professional. She answered questions and explained throughly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The same staff was there that we saw 2 years ago. They got us in quickly, and are very prompt to respond. They always greet us with a smile and are prepared to answer questions. I really appreciated that they had all of our previous information at hand and we did not have to repeat a bunch of info.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Phipps (retired) at Reproductive Resource Center.
Describe William Phipps (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Resource Center.
They told me they almost always do a single embryo transfer. They said it is safer for me and there are less complications with a singleton pregnancy
William Phipps (retired)
Overland Park

We only met with Dr. Brabec once before we started our treatments. She did spend time with us to discuss the options and thoroughly discuss IVF. We left that first consultation very confused as it was more of an information overload. I didn’t speak with Dr. Brabec again until our IVF cycle failed...After my first bloodwork, she increased my gonal f to 300 units a day for the remainder of my cycle, 7 days; and kept menopur and dexamethasone the same. I started cetrotide 3 days before my retrieval. My trigger was 2ml Novarel and 80 units of leuprolide. The next day they had me administer another 2ml of the Novarel.
When you have your monitoring visits during your cycle [at Reproductive Resource Center], they give you a window that you can come in for your blood draw and ultrasound. It was hard to know when you’d be seen because it depends on how many other women are also coming in that day. That made it difficult to plan around work, but hopefully your schedule can be flexible when you’re going through your cycle...We were able to ask questions and get answers, but we didn’t have a consistent caregiver which made it difficult to know who to speak to.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Be sure to ask questions so you fully understand your treatment and fully know what to expect, the risks, etc.
I started my cycle with 150 units of gonal f, 150 units of menopur, and 1 tablet of dexamethasone a day for 3 days. After my first bloodwork, she increased my gonal f to 300 units a day for the remainder of my cycle, 7 days; and kept menopur and dexamethasone the same. I started cetrotide 3 days before my retrieval. My trigger was 2ml Novarel and 80 units of leuprolide. The next day they had me administer another 2ml of the Novarel.
Majority of the nursing staff was responsive and willing to help. Some were not as compassionate, but I understand that is not necessarily their job. It was difficult because we didn’t have one nurse that we consistently worked with, so it was hard to know who to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The front desk staff is very friendly and willing to assist. The clinic is clean and well kept. When you have your monitoring visits during your cycle, they give you a window that you can come in for your blood draw and ultrasound. It was hard to know when you’d be seen because it depends on how many other women are also coming in that day. That made it difficult to plan around work, but hopefully your schedule can be flexible when you’re going through your cycle.
For our IVF cycle, we were quoted around $20K but that included PGS testing. However we ran multiple tests before we could start a cycle which added up over time. I think we had at least $600 in blood work.
Overland Park

Dr. Brabec seems competent and caring. She didn't seemed rushed during the consultation, but seems a little rushed now when speaking with us now that we are patients. We live out of town and it's significant for us to drive to the clinic or take off work to do a phone consultation, so it can be dissapointing.... She seems rushed when speaking and explaining things to us. She does seem caring and competent though. She didn't change our treatment after a failed FET, but I scheduled a consultation and then she noticed things to change.
[at Reproductive Resource Center] Monitoring is always in the morning, which isnt the most convenient for our schedule.There doesn't seem to be a line and seems to be well run.... Antagonist protocol. 6 eggs retrieved resulting in 2 PGS tested normal embryos. First one failed and second was a chemical pregnancy. No rational was given to me that I can remember for the protocol.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She is a good doctor. Confirm info with nurse so you understand what she is saying. She talks fast and it can be difficult to keep up.
Caring staff. Dr. Brabec seems competent and caring. She didn't seemed rushed during the consultation, but seems a little rushed now when speaking with us now that we are patients. We live out of town and it's significant for us to drive to the clinic or take off work to do a phone consultation, so it can be dissapointing.
Caring, competent.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Caring staff, caring environment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Resource Center.
We used Attain IVF Refund Program that cost about $21,000. Meds can be costly because they don't let you order from overseas.
She prefers 1 embryo transfer to reduce chance of multiples.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Brabec] knew that I have PCOS and have previously not responded to fertility drugs in the past. She added different medicine to my protocol that I hadn’t used before and it actually worked out well (I ovulated, did not get pregnant)...I have had 3 IUIs and a surgery from RRC. I have not seen or talked to her since, it is always the nurses...talks quickly, and sometimes things feel rushed. She is knowledgeable and clearly knows what she is doing, but you must advocate for yourself to make sure you understand everything. She was empathetic to our situation while also giving us facts based on our history.
The nursing staff is why I stay at this clinic [Reproductive Resource Center]. I have a relationship with 4 of them and they are ALL awesome. They are all very knowledgeable and kind...Sperm wash $90, IUI was about $325, ultrasound $288, visit $70...A strength is that I feel like they really listen to what my husband and I are wanting to do for treatment, I haven’t felt like IVF is pushed on us even though we have had 3 failed IUIs. They are still open to trying other things before moving to that. A negative is that you hardly see the doctor, you mainly interact with nurses.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Barbed talks quickly, and sometimes things feel rushed. She is knowledgeable and clearly knows what she is doing, but you must advocate for yourself to make sure you understand everything. She was empathetic to our situation while also giving us facts based on our history.
Make sure you write things down because she talks very quickly.
She knew that I have PCOS and have previously not responded to fertility drugs in the past. She added different medicine to my protocol that I hadn’t used before and it actually worked out well (I ovulated, did not get pregnant).
The nursing staff is why I stay at this clinic. I have a relationship with 4 of them and they are ALL awesome. They are all very knowledgeable and kind.
Sperm wash $90, IUI was about $325, ultrasound $288, visit $70
Overland Park

She [Dr. Brabec] didn't spend much time with us. Just about 10ish minutes. The rest was done with the np... I felt like we were only a small patient to her so she didn't spend much time with us. It's hard to get to know someone in only 10 or so minutes. Since we were iui patients I didn't feel as important.... We did an iui. The nurse practitioner is who completed it all. They gave us letrozol and told me to use it on day 3 of my cycle. I also had dexamethasone.
I didn't like how every time I came in [Reproductive Resource Center] I had a new nurse or nurse practitioner. Completely different than who I usually spoke to on the phone or even during the consult. It was very impersonal. It was hard to talk to someone new every time.... [Cost Of Treatment] Iui was about 500 give or take per cycle... [Nursing Staff] were helpful. They are actually who I spent a lot of time with.... We did an iui. The nurse practitioner is who completed it all.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She's nice, but you don't always get to speak directly to her. I wish I could of had more time with her.
She didn't spend much time with us. Just about 10ish minutes. The rest was done with the np
We did an iui. The nurse practitioner is who completed it all. They gave us letrozol and told me to use it on day 3 of my cycle. I also had dexamethasone. Was told to take that the same time. (Later found out on our 2 cycle to take in on day one of menses but they never told me that not even the 2nd time) then on day 10-12 they had me come in for ultra sound. Said to take my hcg shot and come back on day 14 for iui.
They were helpful. They are actually who I spent a lot of time with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I didn't like how every time I came in I had a new nurse or nurse practitioner. Completely different than who I usually spoke to on the phone or even during the consult. It was very impersonal. It was hard to talk to someone new every time.
Iui was about 500 give or take per cycle
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Resource Center?
Overland Park
Dr Phipps is great, not always the best communicator but over all very knowledgeable. One nurse on his staff is cold and uncaring, she set my expectation and when I had a miscarriage it provided false hope that my baby was ok. Moving forward her emails were short and cold.... If you want a warm and fuzzy feeling, this office is not the one. If you want straight shooters, this office is where to go
[Reproductive Resource Center's] Strengths, the flexibility and quick processes. Weaknesses, slow responses to emails, there is very little content to emails and little guidance. You have to ask questions or they just assume you know... The nurses were fantastic except for one, she comes off cold and uncaring. perhaps she has done this too long... If you want a warm and fuzzy feeling, this office is not the one. If you want straight shooters, this office is where to go
The responses to my emails were semi cold and not a lot of information has been provided for my process moving forward
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I had coverage so I was aware of the coverage due to my advocate through my coverage
William Phipps (retired)
Independence (closed)
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. B[rabec] was very smart and knew everything there was to know about fertility . She wasn’t very sympathetic to me as a patient and our personal journey . I also Felt that she wanted to rush to IVF and not explore every option before that...Make sure that you wear your big girl pants . She is very smart and will do the latest and greatest treatment but won’t be very sympathetic to you as a person
The nurses were wonderful [at Reproductive Resource Center]. They were kind and supportive...They were always there to give a hug and offer support...The clinic is very organized and well managed . They make sure you are aware when you have appointments and where to go . They are friendly and do the very best job at helping you along the way. I would Highly recommend the clinic
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. B was very smart and knew everything there was to know about fertility . She wasn’t very sympathetic to me as a patient and our personal journey . I also Felt that she wanted to rush to IVF and not explore every option before that
The nurses were wonderful . They were kind and supportive . The doctor herself was very cut and dry and not understanding
They were amazing ! They were always there to give a hug and offer support

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Brabec] is direct and to the point but had a compassionate demeanor. You trust she cares even though her information is thorough and direct. She offered as much time as we needed to fully understand what we were up against....Be prepared with questions. She will do her best to answer them. She won’t coddle or beat around the bush but will Offer knowledgeable answers....The clinic [Reproductive Resource Ctr] strongly suggests eSET.
They [Reproductive Resource Ctr] were very efficient and quick. The appointment didn’t take long to get. They were timely with the appointment. Everything was well communicated during our testing and results consultation. They had difficult news to give us but delivered it the best they could. They followed up so nicely with genuine care and concern....She [Dr. Brabec] is direct and to the point but had a compassionate demeanor. You trust she cares even though her information is thorough and direct.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She is direct and to the point but had a compassionate demeanor. You trust she cares even though her information is thorough and direct. She offered as much time as we needed to fully understand what we were up against.
They were very delicate with some really bad news.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
They were very efficient and quick. The appointment didn’t take long to get. They were timely with the appointment. Everything was well communicated during our testing and results consultation. They had difficult news to give us but delivered it the best they could. They followed up so nicely with genuine care and concern.
General diagnostic costs. Bloodwork and ultrasound and sperm analysis. About $1500 total.
The clinic strongly suggests eSET.