Genetic counseling: Offered
1101 S. Winchester Blvd
San Jose, CA 95128
100 Park Place
San Ramon, CA 94583
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center to a friend?

The clinic [Reproductive Science Center] is efficient and quick. The front desk staff are super nice. The phlebotomists are hit or miss. I’m an easy stick too. The sonographers aren’t great with their bedside manner, except Casia (sp?). She’s the absolute best at imaging and patient care. ... Kayla [nurse] was very compassionate but didn’t seem knowledgeable. Her phone calls left a lot to be desired. Her emails were too long and it seemed like she may not be used to caring for someone that is brand new to IVF.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is efficient and quick. The front desk staff are super nice. The phlebotomists are hit or miss. I’m an easy stick too. The sonographers aren’t great with their bedside manner, except Casia (sp?). She’s the absolute best at imaging and patient care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
He calls with updates personally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Kayla was very compassionate but didn’t seem knowledgeable. Her phone calls left a lot to be desired. Her emails were too long and it seemed like she may not be used to caring for someone that is brand new to IVF. Example of a phone call- I asked her what Estrace was and why I would be taking it. Her response was that it produces estrogen, like my body does at some point.
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
He’s very honest and open in all his communication. He explains every step thoroughly and allows my husband and I to make our own decisions with all the facts on the table. I have diminished ovarian reserve and Dr Weckstein has educated me on what that means for our journey. He also remains positive and encouraging even when delivering “bad” news. I appreciate his candor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
Bring a list of preprepared questions to the consultation. Take lots of notes on each phone call as well.
Describe the protocols Louis Weckstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
I’m still in my first cycle. He started me off with Estrace for two weeks and testosterone added on the second week. My cycle meds are Gonal F 300, Menopur 150 (first week) and added in Cetrotide and HGH on the second week. Triggering today for retrieval on Friday. Expecting 1-3 eggs total (6 follicles and I have diminished ovarian reserve).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center.
10-20k
Describe Louis Weckstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
He proposed elective single transfers only. Multiples aren’t encouraged due to stress and complications with multiple pregnancies.
San Ramon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center.

RSC is a well run machine. There won’t be too many blatantly unprofessional scenarios. But like most establishments, there is a patronizing undertone. I still haven’t seen bills from my past cycle. So I don’t know if I overpaid or have a balance going into cycle 2. I only get to see the doctor a view times. The vast majority of interactions is with the nurse coordinator. ... Nobody informed me of chanfebin drug protocol for second stim cycle until I noticed it in the prescription and asked them about it. ...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
I felt like a human when 1) the doctor made it a point to answer all my questions without hurrying me along. I felt like a number because 1) I’ve seen the doctor exactly 4 times for an entire cycle of Egg retrieval, frozen embryo transfer and anembryonic gestation leading to miscarriage. Both the FET and polyectomy were done with other doctors due to scheduling. 2) Chasing after bloodwork results. 3) the patronizing manner in which my meds were changed for the 2nd cycle without consulting me and the nurse coordinator using a decade old article to fob me off when I’d read NIH papers from the past few years that clearly refute the article.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
I had to be on top of things. Otherwise, things, especially scheduling, would fall through the cracks.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
How was your experience with Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
Good communicator and very compassionate and delicate bedside manner, which is very much appreciated. Not rigorous in terms providing data to back up protocol adjustments. Had not read the latest NIH papers regarding one of the additions to my stim cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
Do your own homework. You won’t be told the ugly naked truth and unless you do your own homework, you won’t know what questions to ask and might be surprised by the outcome.
Describe the protocols Sara Pittenger-Reid used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
GonalF, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron trigger. About par in terms of result. 2nd cycle, up the GonalF dosage.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center.
Egg retrieval $5,000 Frozen embryo transfer $3,000 Drugs: $3,800
Describe Sara Pittenger-Reid's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
eSET highly recommended.
Foster City

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center.

Multiple locations and obviously very hardworking staff. I enjoyed the support staff, always. However, they're hard to get ahold of sometimes. ... Emails to billing can languish for weeks before they actually get you the thing they said they would. FYI I have heard there are other, more 'pushy' doctors at RSC that I would probably have enjoyed more. ... Marlen [nurse] is a lovely and kind person, but her emails often rambled and left me confused.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Multiple locations and obviously very hardworking staff. I enjoyed the support staff, always. However, they're hard to get ahold of sometimes. Once, a nurse called me with instructions the day before my retrieval and when I called back with a follow-up question, no one returned my call. Emails to billing can languish for weeks before they actually get you the thing they said they would. FYI I have heard there are other, more 'pushy' doctors at RSC that I would probably have enjoyed more. One last thing: We found her indifference to doing a dna fragmentation test on my husband's sperm with a known varicocele ridiculous. Some other clinics say it's a freaking mandatory test, especially with a varicocele. An SA test only shows how the sperm *looks*, not how it is, and it was this general indifference and lack of knowledge about the grading of my eggs pre-ICSI (she hadn't even checked before our wtf conversation, had no idea if I had an egg quality issue) that sent us right out the door.
Dr. Reid is extremely personable and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Marlen)
Marlen is a lovely and kind person, but her emails often rambled and left me confused. Again, we're a pretty Type A couple when in IVF, we've learned-- and her emails kind of wandered. Same with phone calls. At the end of them I was always like: wait, so what do you need again? Really all I wanted was a bulleted list of things to do. Later, Marlen was out on vacation and a super baller detailed nurse (I think named Lauren) filled in and she was much more my speed. If you go here, ask for Lauren!
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Reid is wonderful to talk to and I bet makes a great friend. However, as a doctor, we found her to be almost lazy in her approach. She didn't know her own stats in terms of success, couldn't point us to specific reasons for decisions beyond "usually" and "probably fine..." My partner is a scientist and Dr. Reid made us realize what we wanted was an active, curious doctor who revels in data and is up on the latest research. If that's you, steer clear of Dr. Reid. However, if you're the sort who doesn't want to know reasons for things or dive into information, she'd be great.
I'd say I'd only go to her for IUI, and not if you're curious about potential diagnostic issues that haven't been discovered yet.
antagonist protocol with Gonal F and Menopur for stimming- and a fairly high does, I think Menopur was 450. Cetrotide for hanging onto eggs and a regular trigger.
A cycle was $15,000 plus $4000 for meds. They've just raised their prices.
She preferred single transfer, but we never got that far as our cycle resulted in just one embryo.
Foster City

Monitoring was my only issue with this clinic [Reproductive Science Center]. .... I understand they had to do daily monitoring but I wish it could've been done somewhere else close to home. Luckily, some of those days also fell on weekends and that was nice. Some of the ladies doing the ultrasounds were a little rough and I voiced that to someone. ... The gal at the desk always greeted me by first name.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The front desk team is awesome! The gal at the desk always greeted me by first name. I was impressed! Every single person I ever encountered in that clinic was kind and sweet. Communication is on point at this clinic! Very organized. It was a breath of fresh air in comparison to our last clinic. I wouldn't change a thing. I love this clinic!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
She was very kind and took her time explaining everything to us from day 1. She spoke to us in a manner that made us feel comfortable with her and we felt we could ask anything. Things were never rushed. It was honestly like talking to a friend which made this very stressful process a little easier. She encouraged us to call or email her anytime. She was very good about taking phone calls and returning phone calls. We loved her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valeri and Paula )
I LOVE THE NURSING STAFF! Valeri and Paula are best! They both went above and beyond with any and all requests. I had some spotting during early pregnancy and every time i called or emailed they reassured me it was normal. I worked a little more with Valeri. Both nurses are very efficient and quick to respond to any and all questions whether by phone or email. Both ladies called and checked on me when I informed them my pregnancy was coming to an end.
How was your experience with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
As mentioned before, from day 1 she made us feel comfortable. She is very kind and thorough when explaining things to us. Things are never rushed when its your time with her. Very easy to talk too!!! Helps you make hard decisions in terms of providing clarity.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
Enjoy! She's great!
Describe the protocols Erin Lewis used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
After my egg retrieval on May 2018 I was released to go home. The nurse in charge of me kept saying I was pale but let me go anyways. On our 3 hour drive back home we stopped mid way to use the bathroom. I was laying in the back seat the whole time since I left the clinic. The minute I got up I nearly fainted and started sweating profusely! My husband called the clinic and the doctor who did my egg retrieval recommended I go to the nearest ER. Turns out I was bleeding internally...my ovaries never cauterized not sure if that is the right term. The OB doctor in charge discussed emergency exploratory surgery to stop the bleeding. Dr. Erin Lewis immediately made contact with the hospital and soon after I got my own room. She was in contact with the OB on staff and recommended we leave me as is and wait it out a bit as sometimes these things happen after egg retrieval. She also called my husband and explained what was happening and what the next step was. She also called and checked on me a few times over that weekend and gave me her cell number to call or text if I needed. She was always very involved through out the entire process and we appreciated that so much!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center.
Monitoring was my only issue with this clinic. Because we drove from so far away the appointments had to be early to avoid traffic or sometimes they scheduled me late. I understand they had to do daily monitoring but I wish it could've been done somewhere else close to home. Luckily, some of those days also fell on weekends and that was nice. Some of the ladies doing the ultrasounds were a little rough and I voiced that to someone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center.
We had insurance coverage with this cycle. Out of pocket costs with the clinic alone was maybe $3,500...not completely sure. All other costs and fees were associated with labs and meds etc...
Describe Erin Lewis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
no comments.
Erin Lewis
San Ramon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Appointments and communication always ran very smoothly, thanks largely to their [RSC] system of really great coordinators. The only downside is the billing department. I didn’t have much contact with them, but the few interactions I had were pretty disappointing. ... I had to use the on-call service a couple times for emergency meds or questions and they always helped me quickly. ... I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes and the [monitoring] appointments were always done quickly.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
This clinic is large and the medical side is well organized. They have wonderful doctors (a few stood in to do my transfers when Dr. Hinckley was unavailable) and there is always one on call. I had to use the on-call service a couple times for emergency meds or questions and they always helped me quickly. Appointments and communication always ran very smoothly, thanks largely to their system of really great coordinators. The only downside is the billing department. I didn’t have much contact with them, but the few interactions I had were pretty disappointing. For example, I had to get my coordinator involved at one point in order to get a call back from them. Another time, without calling, they sent a letter threatening collections over a bill that was a few hundred dollars (because my card/autopay had been canceled without my realizing it), which was incredibly poor taste and insulting (after having spent tens of thousands of dollars, they didn’t have the courtesy to call). Apparently they were undergoing a system change and their policy is to call, so hopefully that won’t happen to anyone else. Still, the medical care was so good that I would tolerate the billing department.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
In addition to having a caring and responsive case manager, Dr. Hinckley often called me personally to discuss results and treatment planning. She was detailed and matter-of-fact in her explanations while still being sensitive to my difficult situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Shanda Mildon )
My coordinator Shanda was kind, organized and knowledgeable. Great communication- she always responded quickly, and substitutes were arranged if she was out of the office. In addition, I received good care from the rest of the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
My initial choosing of a clinician was random, and I am so glad I ended up with Dr. Hinckley. She is everything I want in a doctor: compassionate, a good communicator, and most importantly, smart as a whip and knows her research. My care under her practice continued for about 2 years before resulting in an almost-successful. In the end, it turns out that I have a rare immunological disorder that was only discovered due to stillbirth. There is no way anyone can have diagnosed it beforehand, and is likely related to my “unexplained” difficulty conceiving. All that is to say, I got to know Dr. Hinckley very well in that time and trust her without reservations. She was thoughtfully involved in my care every step of the way, respectfully took my ideas and opinions into account, and adjusted my care as we went along in what I thought was an appropriate and evidence-based manner. Overall a phenomenal doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
This would apply to any doctor, but questions ahead of time and write them down as you think of them. Knowledge is power.
Describe the protocols Mary Hinckley used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
I do not recall the protocol or exact dosages. However I do remember that during the first egg retrieval, I had an iffy response at first had to increase some dosages throughout the cycle. I was so grateful for the close monitoring because ultimately that cycle yielded 6 high quality embryos that we transferred one at a time. We did not PGS test them because they appeared high quality and I was still relatively young at the time (just turned 35). Unfortunately none of them stuck (besides one early miscarriage). At various times we tried adding in immunological/blood clotting testing, lovenox and an oral steroid. When we got down to the last two, Dr. Hinckley broached the topic of transferring both embryos, doing an era, or jumping right into another cycle and PGS testing the whole batch (all good ideas that we declined for various personal reasons). We did another retrieval on higher dose meds, got 5 high quality embryos, PGS tested them this time, which yielded 2 that wee chromosomally normal. This is pretty average for my age (36 at this point). The first one stuck! We speculated together that I had a hidden egg quality issue. Which is still possibly a contributor, there’s no way of knowing. Sadly this pregnancy ended in stillbirth due to placental incompetency (my immune system attacked it).
Very efficient. These were typically done in the morning, with the clinic opening very early, so I could often get in before work. I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes and the appointments were always done quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center.
I paid $35,000 to Attain for a refund program that included three retrievals and unlimited FETs. Meds and extra diagnostic testing (such as sonohysterograms, PGS, ERA) were not included. In addition to the Attain fee, I estimate we paid about $20,000 for tests and medication.
Describe Mary Hinckley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
My doctor was a strong proponent of eSET.
San Ramon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I found Dr. Weckstein and the RSC staff overall to be great. ... Again, this was an issue with my particular case manager from my first cycle. She worked an unusual schedule with odd hours and failed to call me with instructions on more than one occasion. I had communicated my frustrations and was assigned a different case manager. ... I was told my original case manager no longer works at RSC.
South Asian, Middle Eastern
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I found Dr. Weckstein and the RSC staff overall to be great. The only weakness with my first IVF cycle was that it was difficult to get through to my original case manager/the staff via phone, but I'm currently going through the process again for baby #2 and have found that this issue seems to have been resolved.
Dr. Weckstein was genuine and took the time to explain what my test results meant and what our options were. He was very informed and he gave my husband and I his recommendations as well as all the information we needed to make an informed decision about our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Sara Romero)
My first case manager wasn't the best communicator, but she no longer works at the clinic and the case manager who took over my case, Sara R., is great. The nursing staff in general was and continues to be very friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
Our experience with Dr. Weckstein was great. We found him to be extremely knowledgeable, thorough in his review of our case, and also compassionate. We started our IVF journey with Dr. Weckstein after several unsuccessful Clomid/Menopur and IUI cycles at Kaiser, and we have no regrets. Prior to IVF, we lost our first baby (conceived naturally) due to a rare fetal condition and were unable to conceive naturally again. In reviewing my medical history, he went out of his way to write a letter to our insurance company to justify coverage of the PGS screening for our embryos so we could avoid experiencing another loss. Because of this, we learned one of our Day-5 blasts was abnormal and would have ended in a miscarriage had we transferred it. At Dr. Weckstein's recommendation, we transferred a single embryo and we now have a healthy, beautiful 20 month old daughter. We are getting ready to transfer one of our 2 remaining frozen embryos with Dr. Weckstein this month and are hopeful it will be a successful pregnancy.
I would say that you should trust him because he is experienced and knows what he's doing.
For my initial IVF cycle egg retrieval, I started on birth control pills on CD3 and stayed on them until CD14. On CD15 I had a baseline sonogram. I started stimulation 4 days later and was instructed to start daily baby Aspirin 81mg, FSH (Gonal f) 300 IU, and Menopur 150 IU for 10 days, adding Antagon (Ganirelix) (250mg) to the stimulation meds for the last 6 of those 10 days to prevent early ovulation. The next day I was instructed to discontinue FSH, Menopur, and Antagon, but continued baby aspirin. That evening I was instructed to give myself a trigger shot (Lupron 2mg) subcutaneiously. The following day I started my Azithromycin pack and had my retrieval 2 days later. I ended up with 11 mature eggs - more than anticipated. Fertilization report: 12 Mature eggs =&gt; 11 fertilized with ICSI • 6/19 Embryo progress update: 7 to 9 'Day 3' embryos • 6/22 Embryo progress update: 4 'Day 5' embryos - sent in for PGS - results due next Wednesday 6/29 PGS Results: 3 good embryos - 2 girls/1 boy 1 embryo with Trisomy 9
I had partial insurance coverage for the egg retrieval and first FET, so my out of pocket cost was about $12k for those 2 cycles. This included all the "extras" such as my share for the medication co-pays and opting for ICSI. I'm currently doing my 3rd FET (2nd FET ended in miscarriage) and the cost for the FET with no insurance coverage was approximately $5000 (medications included).
Dr. Weckstein encouraged eSET for us because he said I had good quality embryos and I was 36 at the time. He didn't want to create any unnecessary risks by transferring more embryos. Our highest priority was to have a healthy baby and give him/her the best chance possible for a full term delivery.
San Ramon

The clinic [RSC] has great success rates and is fairly competitively priced for local clinics in the bay area. Sometimes there are issues with billing, but I've found they are able to talk through any questions or mis-steps that arise. ... found the nurses I worked with to be encouraging and hopeful for us. My primary case management team was communicative, timely, and very helpful. They were also attuned to the emotionality of the process and genuinely warm and excited for us in our journey.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic has great success rates and is fairly competitively priced for local clinics in the bay area. Sometimes there are issues with billing, but I've found they are able to talk through any questions or mis-steps that arise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth is warm, caring, and personable. He explained his recommendations clearly each step of the way and was always available and willing to answer questions that arose. I always felt like he cared for us as a couple and was genuinely hoping for a good outcome for us, not just for clinic numbers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer P)
The nursing staff were always friendly and comfortable to be with. I found the nurses I worked with to be encouraging and hopeful for us. My primary case management team was communicative, timely, and very helpful. They were also attuned to the emotionality of the process and genuinely warm and excited for us in our journey.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth is smart, attentive, friendly, warm, honest, and focused on the best outcomes each step of the way. He never seemed rushed when we had time together and had a good sense of humor. I appreciated that he seemed engaged in my treatment from start to finish, communicating next steps and any adjustments through the treatment team. He was sensitive to the stress and emotional aspects of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Ask lots of questions, he will review the hows and whys of your treatment recommendations or challenges until you are comfortable.
Describe the protocols Evan Rosenbluth used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
We followed a typical protocol for egg retrieval (injectables). We were planning on doing a fresh transfer, but had to freeze all embryos and wait to do a FET on the next cycle because my progesterone levels were off. For the FET we delayed the transfer by one week to get my lining up to par and had success with our first transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center.
IVF with ICSI ~ $12k FET ~$4k Meds $3-5k
Describe Evan Rosenbluth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
He strongly recommended eSET due to my age, male factor diagnosis, and the difficulties of multiples in pregnancy.
San Ramon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
- Local to Bay Area. They said I only needed to show up in person 1-2 twice, so I thought a local office was not that important. I've shown up numerous times so far, so I'm very glad that we picked a local clinic. - RSC was in Progyny, my insurance network. However Progyny coverage is unclear. - RSC had good reputation. A friend of mine had a baby thru RSC not long ago. Despite some hiccups, RSC so far hasn't majorly changed my opinion yet. - Foster City office had some hiccups, and they've changed my nurse without letting me know and I had to specifically ask. At least I think they quickly fix problems before the problems get out of hand.
We walked away both having positive impression of our initial chat with Dr Reid. She was elaborate and able to explain everything clearly. We felt free to ask any questions we planned to. She was on top of her material and able to answer every single question. Update: Our first transfer was not successful. Our second transfer was 2 days ago, so it's still too soon to tell. So far, she communicated well and everything is aligned with our expectation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Sandra (our nurse/case manager))
I liked her as a person. However, my blood sample was ruined and not explained properly. A few months later, my GC's sample was again ruined. Thankfully it happened in Foster City. If it had happened in San Ramon (their main site), I would've changed the clinic.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
Our experience with Dr Reid was positive so far. We are about to start the 1st cycle in a few weeks, so it's too soon to rate further. However, I can provide something about office. RSC at San Ramon office was very well run (which is where all the major work is done), while Foster City office is only a satellite office to serve patients in the peninsula. Foster City office was not well run at all, my blood sample was bad and I had to redo at San Ramon; this happened again for my GC a few months later. It also looks like they have let go some of the staff in Foster City, and hopefully this office will improve.
Our cycle has not yet started, so I'd rather not giving feedbacks yet. I can have one feedback. Please see why the Foster City office ruined both my blood sample and my GC's sample, a few months apart. Update: our first transfer was not successful. Our second transfer was 2 days ago. Our positive impression on Dr Reid is still the same. Would still recommend her.
My GC would be a better person to answer this.
The first consultation with Dr Reid was $375 (I got this for free through Surrogacy conference). So far I've spent at least $40K on RSC-related services. I got 11 tested embryos, so I guess I'm happy so far.
Most doctors I've talked to were against multiple transfer, while Dr Reid was very well aware of IP motivation and explained this clearly and unbiasedly in my opinion. This is among reasons we like Dr Reid.
San Ramon

The RSC clinic is great. It is a well oiled machine and yet my doctors and nurses never made me feel "like a number." We had problems with the billing department one time but it was easily resolved. Given the number of times I needed to go in for a blood draw or sonogram, etc. I got to know the assistants on a first name basis. They were very friendly and professional. The office visits were quick and they did not over-schedule.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Lewis always made me feel confident in the specific treatment I was receiving. I felt as though she was taking my unique situation into account.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valeri Lewis and Paula Miller)
My clinical care team was amazing! I had two dedicated nurses who were sensitive and hands on.
How was your experience with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
I felt very confident in the care of Dr. Lewis. She was empathetic but not too much so. I did an egg retrieval with her (which was very successful in number of eggs retrieved) and fertilized many embryos successfully. I always understood my options and fertility treatment plan.
Expect Dr. Lewis to be very on top of your treatment plan. She is sensitive and you can call her whenever you need and ask her many questions. She is a younger doctor so expect that but she is highly qualified and eligible in my experience.
We went through 4 rounds of clomid. Then we did one IUI where I ended up being hyper stimulated so could not proceed with IUI. From there we started IVF. My first transfer was successful but ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. My second was not successful. We have another 6 embryos to transfer.
We elected an Attain program (a private company they partner with for eligible people). We elected a two egg retrieval cycle program. This cost us a flat fee of $25k without medicine. The medicine after one egg retrieval, one IUI, and two transfers cost us estimated $10k. My cycles were abnormally long and the medicine was more expensive (so I have been told by friends, doctors, etc.).
RSC of the Bay Area, my fertility treatment center, has a solid policy on eSET.
Erin Lewis

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
So far, I've found the clinic [Reproductive Science Center] to be very organized, with reasonable appointment wait times, and a good online communication portal. They had all my records on file and referred to them before my initial visit. In terms of quickness and clarity about billing, this clinic has been the easiest to navigate thus far.... Nurse Romero has been fairly responsive and accommodating since our initial visit. I have asked several questions, and she responded to the first couple very quickly and helpfully. However, as I've continued to inquire about things (I'm very inquisitive!),
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
So far, I've found the clinic to be very organized, with reasonable appointment wait times, and a good online communication portal. They had all my records on file and referred to them before my initial visit. In terms of quickness and clarity about billing, this clinic has been the easiest to navigate thus far.
Dr. Weckstein took time and care in explaining his analysis of my initial diagnostic results. He was kind yet direct and thorough in his discussion. He made sure to understand and respond to our questions. He was very quick in responding to my concerns out of the office as well. I felt that he genuinely cared and empathized with us.
Nurse Romero has been fairly responsive and accommodating since our initial visit. I have asked several questions, and she responded to the first couple very quickly and helpfully. However, as I've continued to inquire about things (I'm very inquisitive!), she has become less responsive.
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Weckstein shared his candid analysis of our diagnosis and prognosis. He communicated a difficult situation with compassion, and gave us the time we needed to process and come to our own conclusions. He has a wealth of experience, and gave us his perspective as well as possible other routes of action.
I am at the very beginning. I have diminished ovarian reserve, and Dr. Weckstein is re-testing some of my initial bloodwork to determine how aggressive the medications, approach, etc. should be. He is recommending IVF with an option for PGS (though not required).
San Ramon

The biggest thing I would say is that it is very very convenient that there are multiple locations so that I wasn’t constantly having to drive an hour each way to every appointment. I was so grateful for this. However, this meant we did have to drive to the main facility [Reproductive Science Center] in San Ramon (an hour away for us) for any major procedures as that is where the surgery suite was.... (Iui could be done in the Los Gatos office, but egg retrieval and transfers were done in San Ramon).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The biggest thing I would say is that it is very very convenient that there are multiple locations so that I wasn’t constantly having to drive an hour each way to every appointment. I was so grateful for this. However, this meant we did have to drive to the main facility in San Ramon (an hour away for us) for any major procedures as that is where the surgery suite was. (Iui could be done in the Los Gatos office, but egg retrieval and transfers were done in San Ramon). Also anything that occurred on the weekend had to be done in San Ramon - it was the only 365 days open clinic. The other thing was that, in order to have my doctor be the one to do my transfers (which I wanted and chose) - she was only in San Ramon every other Thursday, which meant my cycles were longer as I had to time things to wait until she could be at that office for the procedures. In the end, it was totally worth it and I am grateful for everyone. Everyone at both facilities (Los Gatos and San Ramon) were so friendly and you felt comfortable going there. You truly get a sense that everyone is rooting for you and will do anything they can to help you along the way and try to make this process less painful
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
She is very kind, remembers details, and is always available to chat or ask questions as needed. I didn’t feel like we followed a “this is what everyone gets” protocol but took the time to figure out our exact situation and how to change things to obtain a successful outcome. She was very positive and reassuring the entire way
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Smith)
There will never be enough words to describe Lindsay. She was always so attentive, so positive and so helpful through this process. We wouldn’t have made it through without her. She was a source of information, and always available for crazy questions or just someone to talk to when everything became too much, or when I was feeling frustrated and emotional about the process. She became a confidant, someone who even talked to me late one evening after a failed iui and just let me cry and reassured me they were committed to getting us our baby. She was so very wonderful and Always quick to respond and happy. It made me feel so comfortable and confident in my treatment team
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
I really loved working with Dr. Wachs. The only issue is since she was out of the Los Gatos office, there were times my iui fell on a day where she wasn’t there to do the procedure or with IVF, I had to wait an extra week for transfer for her to be in the San Ramon office if I wanted her to be the one to do it (which I did). I trusted her implicitly and believe she had our best interest at heart and was rooting for us and wanted it as much as we did. She was always smiling and always encouraging and there if needed. She paid attention to our emotions and feelings, and made sure we always had all the information to make the best decisions and that we were okay with our course of treatment. She empowered us to know that we were in control of our treatment and we could change course at any time if we felt we wanted to do anything different.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Trust her. She knows what she is doing and she will lay out every option for you and what it means. Don’t be afraid to ask questions to understand the process. She is wonderful at being patient and explaining things so that you know what you are going through and what to expect.
Describe the protocols Deborah Wachs used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
For our iui cycles, I took letrozole days 3-7 and then started going in for ultrasounds around day 12. Once the follicles were appropriate size, I was instructed to give myself the ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation, and iui was performed 36 hours later. My husband would go in 2 hours before the procedure to give his sample and then we would go together for the IuI. After, I would lay on the table for 10 min or so then leave and go about my day. 2 weeks later I was given a blood test to determine if we were successful. We attempted this 3 months in a row with no success. We decided at this point to take a break, then switch to IVF. I took gonal-F and menopur, then added cetrotide 5 days later. I also started monitoring appointments on day 5 and went every other day. At my third appointment I was found to have 24 follicles growing and my dr sat me down and explained that while this is a great response, it increased my risk of OHSS and I wasn’t a good candid for a fresh transfer anymore. Afterthat appointment I switched to daily monitoring for a day or two and then triggered with Lupron on a Saturday night for a Monday morning egg retrieval. 15 eggs were retrieved, 13 were mature, 9 fertilized with icsi. We chose icsi since we had secondary unexplained infertility and were unsure what was causing this - so wanted the best option for fertilization to occur. Of the 9, we ended up with 3 day 5 blastocysts and 3 day 6 to go into the freezer. We opted out of pgs testing as we’ve had a previous successful pregnancy and no known genetic issues. We performed one 5 day FET the following month. I took estrace 2mg 3x/day starting on day 2 or 3 of my cycle, and then started progesterone shots and vaginal progesterone 2x/day 6 days before transfer. I had my blood test 9 days later which revealed we were unsuccessful and the transfer failed. Dr wachs then believed we had a timing issue, so we did ERA testing the following month - medication all the same as the previous month. The test found I was more receptive for transfer on day 7. The following month we did everything the same except I started progesterone 7 days before transfer. We opted to transfer two embryos this time to give ourselves a higher chance at success. We had multiple conversations with dr wachs about the pros and cons of a dual embryo transfer and she agreed to go ahead with it once she knew we had thoughtfully considered the outcomes. We found out 8 days after transfer that we were successful (hcg 71) then another blood test 11dpt (hcg 314) and was told it was probably only one embryo that took. We just had our first ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days and saw one perfect embryo with a flickering heartbeat. I am continuing all my medication until my next appointment 2 weeks later (at 8 weeks, 3 days) at which point I hope to be able to stop the injections and wean off all other meds and “graduate” back to my normal OB for the duration of my pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center.
Around $1200 per iui $14,100 for IVF with icsi $4062 per frozen transfer $2000 ish for ERA testing (half to clinic, half to lab where testing was sent)
Describe Deborah Wachs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
So for the first transfer, my doctor only ever transfers one - especially in my case of secondary unexplained infertility as she was confident the transfer would work. After the first didn’t take, and we did the ERA testing, we had a conversation where I brought up the prospect of transferring two as I read it increases your odds of success. My doctor stated she usually didn’t go to multiple until she was doing the same treatment that hadn’t worked prior, but if we wanted it and were ok with the possibility of having twins , and if having twins was better to us than having zero, she was okay with us transferring two. I appreciated her honesty and candor and I felt like she really listened to us and heard our perspective and agreed
San Jose

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center.

The office [Reproductive Science Center] is very welcoming and clam. All nurses, and office staff are very nice and knowledgeable. They all show concern and care for you like you are the only one they see all day. You don't have to worry about waiting around... The whole office staff is amazing, I am so glad I was referred to them. They are all caring and very welcoming. I couldn't ask for a better clinic... My insurance covers most of my treatment this far
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The office is very welcoming and clam. All nurses, and office staff are very nice and knowledgeable. They all show concern and care for you like you are the only one they see all day. You don't have to worry about waiting around
Dr Weckstien is very caring. He listens well and answers all questions. He is also very candid with you about your treatment. I know where I stand and where I am going if the directions we take don't work, I don't have to guess.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura )
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
I've been seeing dr Weckstien for a year. I am currently still in treatment. Dr Weckstien is very candid with you on all the issues, I love that I don't have to worry about know what is going on. I wish I could see more of him though, the phone apts are great though because I live pretty far away
Come with a list of questions a d wrote down the answers!
I was first given the supplement ovasitol to help regulate me. I then was told to lose weight (ugh) I had an ultrasound to confirm PCOS. A month later I was given letrozole, I responded great so i injected ovadril but there was a timing issue. I took letrozole again & did not respond. The 3rd time I took letrozole I didn't respond but was given 8 more to take at once and did respond great injected ovadril but did not fall pregnant. I just finished a round of provera due to no cycle for 90 days. I am scheduled for an HSG in a few days.
My insurance covers most of my treatment this far. I pay $209 for my timed intercourse with ovadril. IUI will be $408. IVF is not covered if it comes to that if I go through 2 IUIs with no baby

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I was very happy with this clinic [RSC]. Not only were the doctors and nurses warm and up to date on my care but the clinic also helped me find a way to get a lower cost treatment or procedure on multiple occasions (my insurance does not cover infertility treatments)... Our nurse was very organized and responsive and if she could not respond quickly she often had another nurse help answer my questions.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I was very happy with this clinic. Not only were the doctors and nurses warm and up to date on my care but the clinic also helped me find a way to get a lower cost treatment or procedure on multiple occasions (my insurance does not cover infertility treatments)
Dr. Rosenbluth was very sensitive to the stressful nature of infertility and did not get defensive or dismissive even when I was very skeptical or dismissive myself. He shared his personal experiences with infertility and very clearly explained all the details of our plan and costs and benefits of our options. I felt he listened to me and took my feelings and priorities into account when recommending options.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth had a caring demeanor and listened to my concerns. He was very serious, but he didn’t hesitate to share his personal experiences which helped me feel reassured that he understood how I felt.
Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions and speak up because Dr. Rosenbluth is a good listener and is open to hearing your concerns.
Due to our schedule and cost concerns, and lack of other complicating factors, Dr. Rosenbluth recommended a conservative approach to start and we first tried an unmonitored cycle of letrozole. It worked the first time and we didn’t have to spend a ton of time or money on monitoring that we would have otherwise had to spend. He was also flexible with our travel plans.
The consultation, HSG, and cycle were all expensive but the clinic helped us find the cheapest options.
Orinda

$500-800 for initial visit and sonogram [at Reproductive Science Center], $1000 per IUI, $300 HSG, acupuncture done outside of clinic.... They care about getting pregnant results fast. They don’t always take the time to trust the patient knowing their body and come up with some wholistic approaches...They [nurses] were friendly. I always had someone else helping me and often would meet the doctor performing my IUI that same day. They were all kind but I never had Dr. Homer doing the procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Very expensive. I wish insurance covered more. They have good success rates and quality doctors. They care about getting pregnant results fast. They don’t always take the time to trust the patient knowing their body and come up with some wholistic approaches.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
He was kind and took time with me. Though he wanted me to do full medication, after some advocating for myself he allowed me to try only HCG injections without clomid. They weren’t positive or encouraging about me doing it this way which made me feel a little unsupported, but at least were will to try 3.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
They were friendly. I always had someone else helping me and often would meet the doctor performing my IUI that same day. They were all kind but I never had Dr. Homer doing the procedures.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
How was your experience with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
He was helpful at taking time with us and understanding where we were at. I appreciated his expertise and his reputation. I wished he would have worked with me a little better on non-medicated treatments and look more into blood work. I’ve had many friends have way more blood work done than me, a day 3 cycle test which I have not had done, nor hormone testing on certain days of my cycle or during IUIs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
If you are ready to jump all in and haven’t done too much research on your own or know much about your body and just are ready to get pregnant no matter what, he is a great doctor. I want to get pregnant while doing it in the most natural and healthy way for how my body is currently responding.
Describe the protocols Michael Vance Homer used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
Immediately he said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center.
$500-800 for initial visit and sonogram, $1000 per IUI, $300 HSG, acupuncture done outside of clinic but for my treatments

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Staff [RSC] outside of finance and billing is great not complaints. At one point it seemed the Orinda office has a lot of turnaround and the front staff was not as knowledgeable on our account and journey. Being sent from location to location there needs to be better communication between clinics so that we are not told different information on each visit.... Our first cycle was a-la-cart but after packages were created which was the communication issue we had. I believe we have spent over 10k with treatments and meds.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Staff outside of finance and billing is great not complaints. At one point it seemed the Orinda office has a lot of turnaround and the front staff was not as knowledgeable on our account and journey. Being sent from location to location there needs to be better communication between clinics so that we are not told different information on each visit.
Our dr and his team are very interactive, responding when questions arose in a timely manner, very kind during the entire process all 3 times. And the staff was great all the way
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Very authentic with her words and approach in passing along information, kept us informed with any Dr treatment changes and got all of our questions to the Dr and clear responses. And during our issue with the billing/finance department took a stand and stood up for us to remove some of the major stress they were causing us, and got us in contact with the decision makers. Heather was and is still a God send during our treatments.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Rosenbluth is a great person, he has really great bedside manner and really treats you as a person and not just another dollar sign as we have seen with other clinics. His tone during discussions is great and he keeps it real when deciding next steps. And even when we believe we would like to extend shots or produce more eggs for better chances he adjust the treatment to give us what we would like and doesn't fight back but gives all the possibilities and outcomes. And he hasn't pressured us into IVF after each fail.
He is very busy and highly sought out so don't fear if he is unable to do all your procedures.
First was pills with no injectables which resulted in little growth. Then we moved to pills and injectables which lead to a positive result but ended in miscarriage, then another treatment with injectables which was extended out becasue of test needed which resulted in 1 very large egg but a negative test, then another round with injectables at a lower dosage to get more eggs which resulted in a low positive that we thought was chemical but started to double but ended in a miscarriage.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
The clinic [RSC - Orinda] is pretty warm in welcoming you, especially Ms. Loretta at the front desk. I adore her. She always greets me with a smile and I get the same when I'm leaving.... Heather is an amazing case manager. She is always available to answer our questions and she does so with such kindness and compassion....The only thing to be on alert about is the financial coordinator... She gave us information that was not accurate, made our cycle extra stressful
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is pretty warm in welcoming you, especially Ms. Loretta at the front desk. I adore her. She always greets me with a smile and I get the same when I'm leaving. The only thing to be on alert about is the financial coordinator Amy. We only worked with her for a short while but that was long enough to leave a really bad taste in our mouths. She gave us information that was not accurate, made our cycle extra stressful on top of the stress that already comes with TTC, and when asked to discuss the errors, she became very combative and was not willing to right her wrong. My advice, if you're assigned to her, make sure you do your due diligence. Double-check EVERYTHING. And if you want to be sure you're getting the best quality of care, ask for a different financial coordinator.
Even if the doctor is unavailable to talk to me directly, my case manager is usually able to get a hold of him to answer my questions and get back to me in a prompt manner. I like that a lot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather Thomson)
Heather is an amazing case manager. She is always available to answer our questions and she does so with such kindness and compassion. We've been on this TTC journey for almost 4 years and are on our 4th clinic and having a great nursing staff is KEY. I could not be more pleased with Heather on our team.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth is good at what he does. He can be warm in his delivery of not so good news, but I like that he is always willing to discuss next steps if the outcome isn't what we had hoped for. I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan after our initial consultation, but he grew on me. I feel that he has a genuine interest in our success and I appreciate that a lot.
He talks pretty fast so make sure you ask questions if you don't understand something.
During our first cycle of injectables with IUI, I was started on a low dosage of medicine because he didn't want to overstimulate too many of my follicles. It took a while for me to respond so we ended up increasing the dose. I ended up with OHSS by the end of the cycle, but I got pregnant and that was all that mattered to me. I ended up miscarrying at 6 weeks so on the next cycle, we did not increase the injections nearly as much so as to avoid another OHSS situation. I didn't get pregnant but Dr. Rosenbluth said it was a better controlled cycle so he advised we try that again. The third cycle we did the same thing with the injectables and I got pregnant. Unfortunately, I am miscarrying again but the fact that I got pregnant again was somewhat good news, That first cycle was more of a trial and error IMO and we learned what my body could and could not handle.
Consultation $275-300, IUI cycle (with monitoring) $2525, Insemination/sperm washing $525, HCG test $65, Estrodiol test $100, Ultrasound $325-375, Saline Sonogram $665

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic [RSC - Orinda] is amazing from the moment you email them about with an inquiry. They are kind, professional, and calming. They are punctual and do what they, when they say they will. All of the staff have been kind and welcoming and professional. No weaknesses. Even their Orinda location is perfectly located to Bart so it’s an easy walk to appointments.... They use Natera for genetic testing and you don’t pay till after and receive a significant discount for being an RSC patient. They also have financial a resource officer on site in the office.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is amazing from the moment you email them about with an inquiry. They are kind, professional, and calming. They are punctual and do what they, when they say they will. All of the staff have been kind and welcoming and professional. No weaknesses. Even their Orinda location is perfectly located to Bart so it’s an easy walk to appointments.
Dr Rosebluth (and his whole office) treated us with compassion from the moment we walked in, but was also candid and gave us a lot of information, and then was always happy to review that information over again with us, and answer any questions. He has personally called me to give me good and not so good news, and really has taken the time to care for our feelings, but also understands that we want to know the details and the ins and out of everything. He is the perfect balance of information and understanding that this is a hard and emotional time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura B. )
Laura B has been there every step of the way and has taken time to call and email me regularly, has kept me very up to date with progress, and has repeatedly answered my questions and clarified things when I am confused. She has advocated for me with getting prescriptions and other blood work done and for lowered prices. She has also taken time to arrange for special classes for us when there was not availability in the scheduled classes. She also is very funny and warm and caring.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Rosenbluth met us on our first appointment and from the get go got down to business, he knew our history and information which I appreciated- he did his homework before we arrived. He spoke easily and made it all understandable, not confusing doctor talk. He made us feel comfortable to ask questions and reviewed anything we asked over again. He has also called me a number of times to discuss outcomes and treatment changes which has been really personal and greatly appreciated. He never seems rushed or wanting to move to the next person.
Go to your appointments with questions and ask anything you are confused about- he is happy to answer them and obviously knows what he is doing. His end goal is to help you and it’s very obvious he’s a wonderful person.
We haven’t delved into the actual treatments yet but I have a very detailed calendar and plan laid out which I appreciate. I know Dr Rosenbluth will be very communicative throughout the whole process.
Some costs were upfront: $250 for initial visit, and $590-700 for other visits and sonograms/tests. All reasonable fees. They use Natera for genetic testing and you don’t pay till after and receive a significant discount for being an RSC patient. They also have financial a resource officer on site in the office.
I appreciate that Dr Rosenbluth and RSC are honest about not doing multiple transfers due to the heightened pregnancy risks. They care that we take one baby home and have high standards of practice.

IUI, Donor Sperm
The office [Repro Science Ctr] environment is great, clean and well decorated. Everyone on the staff is very nice. They are mostly pretty well organized, although they could improve at that sometimes. For example, one time, one of the nurses gave me a blood test, and then the other one called me later and recommended that I get the same blood test, not realizing that I'd already had it done that morning at the clinic. But for the most part, they are on top of things.
IUI, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The office environment is great, clean and well decorated. Everyone on the staff is very nice. They are mostly pretty well organized, although they could improve at that sometimes. For example, one time, one of the nurses gave me a blood test, and then the other one called me later and recommended that I get the same blood test, not realizing that I'd already had it done that morning at the clinic. But for the most part, they are on top of things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Leticia)
My nurse is great. Very warm, likeable, and communicative.
How was your experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
She seems very competent. She is very good at explaining things in detail. She is thorough. She is very focused on genetic testing. I felt like she is slightly overly cautious. I tested as a carrier for a very rare genetic condition and I didn't want to pay to have my sperm donor tested for it because I was comfortable with the very small risk; she was a bit heavy handed in trying to talk me into doing further genetic testing. Similarly, she wanted to do an HSG test for blocked tubes right out of the gate, whereas other fertility doctors with which I consulted suggested doing 3 rounds of IUI before jumping to HSG. So, she likes tests. I think she knows what she is doing. Her bedside manner is mostly matter of fact, but she is not cold. She is nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
Let her know if you don't want all of the tests she is recommending. For example, I told her I wanted to try 3 rounds of IUI before getting an HSG test, and she was okay with that plan. I just had to be assertive about it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center.
IUI $880 per cycle (including untra-sound monitoring)
Orinda

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center.

This clinic [Reproductive Science Center] is amazing. Every single staff member I encountered was amazing. The location itself was convenient, with ample parking. The facility was clean, comfortable, and all the equipment was in great condition. I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say...Lindsay [nurse] was just amazing! She was so responsive. Always there to answer my questions via the patient portal. And on days that she was on leave, someone else always got back to me in her stead, always within the same day. I loved knowing that I could reach out to her and she would be patient and willing to answer any and all questions, as silly as they may have seemed to her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
This clinic is amazing. Every single staff member I encountered was amazing. The location itself was convenient, with ample parking. The facility was clean, comfortable, and all the equipment was in great condition. I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say.
Dr. Homer was absolutely amazing! He was frank, honest, kind, warm, and always gave me time. He never rushed me, always listened to all my questions and concerns, and never disregarded any of my feelings, concerns or instincts. I am actually a little sad to have to graduate from the fertility center back to my OB just because I would have loved to see him and the wonderful staff at the RSC throughout my pregnancy.
Lindsay was just amazing! She was so responsive. Always there to answer my questions via the patient portal. And on days that she was on leave, someone else always got back to me in her stead, always within the same day. I loved knowing that I could reach out to her and she would be patient and willing to answer any and all questions, as silly as they may have seemed to her.
Dr. Homer was just great. He gave me time, patience and respect. He always listened. I never once felt like I didn't know what was happening, or why. He never rushed me, and answered all of my thousands of questions.
Don't be shy to ask all the questions you may have.
I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, and also really long, irregular cycles. After having tried to conceive naturally for a year and a half, Dr. Homer recommended we move forward with a medicated (Letrozole) IUI treatment. In the days leading up to this cycle, we did blood-work and discovered elevated TSH levels, for which he prescribed me some medication. It must have been this medication that did the trick, for I ended up naturally conceiving in that final natural cycle leading up to my scheduled IUI cycle. It was a wonderful surprise!
As I never ended up needing fertility treatment, I was just charged for the initial diagnosis appointment, and a followup ultrasound appointment after I became pregnant.

6 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
I did a Donor cycle, so I was put on minimum drugs [at Reproductive Science Center]...The nurses are amazing. Always happy, seem to love their jobs, and seem to really want their patients to succeed...The clinic is great! They have multiple locations throughout the bay area and make it convenient to do your cycle wherever it is closest to you. The main clinic is open on the weekends, so you aren't worried about something happening on the weekend.
European, South Asian
6 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
From the moment I shook Dr. Wecksteins hand, I knew he was the doctor for me. Kind, compassionate, friendly, calm, and candid. He has genuine in his answers to me. Listened to what I didn't like in my past protocols, assured me that he would do what made the most sense and made me comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Sandra :) )
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
I found Dr. Weckstein to be extremely patient, knowledgeable, and candid. I explained that I thought I had an issue with my progesterone, he then explained that we would do POI shots and would monitor how my progesterone was doing. Every other doctor either scoffed at the idea that progesterone was an issue or said they would give me supplements. Dr. Weckstein referred to different research that pointed to carrying a baby to full term. I've been searching for a doctor to be on the forefront of this. I'm pregnant now, although very early, I've never been pregnant through infertility treatments and I've never had my progesterone tested. Well, it's a 56 and we are very happy about it. Also, I told him I react poorly to Lupron which he said no problem, we can do a cycle with the minimum and see how it works, and it worked great! positive test 3 days early. Every time I've mentioned something about my process he would find another solution, which every other clinic told me it was "their" protocol that I was paying for and that they wouldn't modify it.
I did a Donor cycle, so I was put on minimum drugs. Estradiol patches, 2 every 3 days, and progesterone suppositories, and progesterone oil shots once a night.
Dr. Weckstein highly advised us to only do a single embryo transfer. We went through 5 failed cycles, so I had no hesitation to do a multiple transfers, which he reluctantly agreed to. We ended up with only two blasts and we put two blasts in. I'm luckily pregnant, my betas aren't crazy so we think it's just a singleton.
San Ramon
We applied for a double retrieval and paid $36k. We opted for PGS testing which was a separate cost of about $4k. Medicine/hormones were also an additional cost of about $10k.... Laura [Reproductive Science Center - Foster City] made all of my appointments fit my work schedule. I had a favorite sonographer (I can’t remember her name) but she was the best! She took the time to explain what she saw in my ultrasounds. I loved every time I had her and would ask to have her for each ultrasound if she was at my location and on schedule.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Be on time. Be respectful and kind to the employees. They are here to help you on this journey. Be honest, open and most of all patient. The journey of infertility and IUI/IVF is an emotional one.
Dr. Reid is very personable and when I speak with her she always makes me feel like she has my care in her hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Applinger)
Laura made all of my appointments fit my work schedule. I had a favorite sonographer (I can’t remember her name) but she was the best! She took the time to explain what she saw in my ultrasounds. I loved every time I had her and would ask to have her for each ultrasound if she was at my location and on schedule.
Dr Reid works with a great te if doctors and they all took great care of me through both of my retrievals. I appreciate Dr. Reid and her guidance throughout the IVF process and our journey to have a baby.
Ask a lot of questions. Ask about the different options. Be open to Dr. Reid’s advice. Be sure to weigh out your options before making any decisions.
The very first cycle started with bcp protocol before starting stimulating hormones but that didn’t work because I developed an ovarian cyst and so we skipped a cycle until cyst disappeared. The 2nd cycle I started with estrogen priming. I was on stimulating hormones for 14 days. My first retrieval yielded 14 follicles, 8 fertilized, 5 made it to blastocyst, 5 sent for PGS testing, all came back abnormal. The 3rd cycle was exactly the same as the 2nd except I I had 17 follicles, 10 fertilized, 5 made it blastocyst, 3 sent for PGS testing, 1 embryo came back normal. After retrieval I had myectomy to remove fibroids and hysteroscopy to removed scarring. Next step is mock transfer then FET transfer.
Dr Reid will only do a single embryo transfer because of the removal uterine fibroids.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
They [SRC- San Ramon] did change their computer system last year and that was quite the hassle for patients and there new online system is confusing. Otherwise the equipment, people and lab is amazing. A lab onsite makes a huge difference.... 25,000 for Egg Retrieval and Embryo Transfer (not including medication) 5,000 for FET-not including medication... Laura is absolutely amazing! She truly cares about me and our outcomes.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is very far away (2.5 hour drive) away from me but that isn't their fault. They did change their computer system last year and that was quite the hassle for patients and there new online system is confusing. Otherwise the equipment, people and lab is amazing. A lab onsite makes a huge difference.
Somedays like a number and some like a human. Just depended on the day and where we were at with cycles.
Laura is absolutely amazing! She truly cares about me and our outcomes. I dealt with other staff there (I don't remember names) and they were not as good as her.
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Weckstein cares a lot about what he does and cares about his patients. He is knowledgable and helpful. He likes to use numbers and statistics which I love. Only downfall was because we are "young" we did not do testing in the beginning and had 2 failed transfers because of it. Wish we had pushed for more testing earlier.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and request testing even if he says it isn't "necessary."
1st was Egg Retrieval and Fresh Embryo Transfer-I don't remember much about this one. SubQ shots and vaginal suppositories. This ended up in Ectopic Pregnancy-not anyones fault. 2nd was FET-vaginal estrogen and then ended up on IM estrogen because my lining was not thickening. Then when uterine lining was 8mm started in vaginal progesterone and IM progesterone (had low progesterone before). This turned out to be a BFN. 3rd FET-Same as before but started IM estrogen way earlier and lining was perfect at first ultrasound.
They have suggested for us only single embryo transfer because we are young and have good embryos (as far as we know).
San Ramon

Devronne [nurse at Reproductive Science Center] was so on the ball! Her communication was crystal clear, and she always responded to my questions right away...I didn't feel like a number, and I appreciated their multiple convenient locations. I interacted with many of the doctors and found them all easy to communicate with and seemingly very competent...I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve at age 34, so we did two back-to-back IVFs to bank embryos. We transferred one high quality embryo, and that became my son.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I like RSC. I didn't feel like a number, and I appreciated their multiple convenient locations. I interacted with many of the doctors and found them all easy to communicate with and seemingly very competent.
Dr. Hinckley very quickly understood that I wanted a lot of very detailed information, and she worked hard to answer my many questions. She often made time for a quick phone call with me. She was always so warm and cheerful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Devronne Houston)
Devronne was so on the ball! Her communication was crystal clear, and she always responded to my questions right away.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Hinckley is extremely knowledgeable, and she's very good at explaining complex medical information in a way that's easy to understand. She is very patient, and she's willing to go above and beyond to answer even the smallest of questions. She has even rearranged her schedule for me a few times. She's also upbeat, optimistic, and fun to talk to. I've now seen three REs, and she's by far my favorite.
You're in good hands!
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve at age 34, so we did two back-to-back IVFs to bank embryos. We transferred one high quality embryo, and that became my son. I had an additional three frozen embryos left over, and we tried two more times. The first try, a single embryo transfer, resulted in a miscarriage at 9 weeks that was later determined to be because of trisomy 15. The second try, we were planning to transfer the remaining two, but only one survived the thaw. That one resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Dr. Hinckley strongly recommended that we do eSET based on our embryo quality and my age.

2013 - 2017
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The financial department [at RSC] is very unhelpful...Next to the anguish of a failed cycle, the confusion and frustration I felt when dealing with the financial department was the worst part of going through IVF...I had no complaints about the nursing staff or case manager. I felt well-taken care of...read up on which doctor you pick, because there are many and they all have their own styles....the financial and billing aspect of this process was a nightmare and it is here that the clinic has its biggest weakness.
2013 - 2017
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I think RSC is a great choice if you are in the Bay Area. Look at their SART success rates. Definitely read up on which doctor you pick, because there are many and they all have their own styles. The financial department is very unhelpful. If you have insurance coverage for infertility, it is very difficult to understand how much you will actually pay out of pocket until they are asking for a payment. Next to the anguish of a failed cycle, the confusion and frustration I felt when dealing with the financial department was the worst part of going through IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
For the most part, I liked Dr. Willman's "bedside manner." She was matter of fact without being cold, and went into the medical details in a way that I appreciated. In terms of her treatment plans, however, I do feel that she relies on numbers and statistics with less outside-the-box intuitive thinking, which means her treatment plans are somewhat less tailored to each individual. In my case she weighed lab results more than my medical history, so prescribed a medication protocol that looked good "on paper" but didn't take into account that I had tried something similar in the past with a poor outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valeri Weber)
How was your experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
For straightforward cases, I expect Dr. Willman could be great. But in my experience, as soon as anything deviated from the norm, it all started to fall apart. She's well-respected in the Bay Area and that's got to be for a reason, but I now doubt her medical opinion based on feedback from two other REs on her protocol. For example, she told me that blastocycsts from a rescue ICSI are no less likely to be viable than from regular ICSI or just IVF. She also told me that breastfeeding would have no effect on my IVF cycle. I have spoken to other doctors who feel the opposite on both those counts. She also tends to get defensive when challenged on some of the calls she's made, which while understandable, doesn't sit right with me. Despite some major setbacks, I did get pregnant and gave birth to my kid, though trying for #2 with this doctor was a complete failure.
Trust your gut.
Describe the protocols Susan Willman used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
My first IVF cycle was an antagonist protocol and canceled for a lead follicle. My 2nd cycle was a Lupron microdose flare protocol and ultimately did lead to a pregnancy and live birth. However, we were advised to use ICSI, agreed and paid for it, and then it was not done. We had an almost total fertilization failure--out of 15 eggs only 2 fertilized. Dr. Willman said that since the sperm had looked good, she decided against ICSI. We were livid and upset. The lab did "rescue ICSI" at this point, which ultimately led to 1 frozen blastocyst. I have heard since that rescue ICSI almost never works and that the blasts that result from it are almost always nonviable. Indeed, the FET cycle we did with that blast was a failure. For our last cycle, in an attempt to conceive a 2nd child, Dr. Willman prescribed another antagonist cycle despite the fact that in the past that had led to a canceled cycle for me. It was coupled with estrogen priming, FSH and Menopur. She also prescribed human growth hormone, but not beginning till stim day 5. In speaking with other doctors, the HGH should be started far earlier in the cycle. I had poor response to the drugs and my estrogen never reached above 900, even with 12 follicles. My estrogen dipped on the day of trigger. I asked Dr. Willman if we should cancel the cycle and she recommended going ahead to retrieval because this might be as good as I would be able to get. They got 7 mature eggs. Four fertilized, and only 1 made it to day 3. On day 6 it was deemed poor quality and not frozen or transferred. I really wish we had canceled the cycle. Now she recommends donor eggs.
It's far too much effort for me to try to quantify this unfortunately, between insurance coverage, canceled cycles, etc. It's all a blur. As I said previously, the financial and billing aspect of this process was a nightmare and it is here that the clinic has its biggest weakness.
Describe Susan Willman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Willman is a strong believer in the advantages of a healthy singleton pregnancy, and would likely recommend an eSET if the patient were on the younger side, or at any age if the embryos were normal as determined by genetic testing.
Orinda

I didn't have a ton of exposure to the nursing team [at Reproductive Science Center]...I did see a nurse for one of my follicle scans and she was outstanding ...We had a pretty substantial cost for the ultrasounds each month... there were some weaknesses we discovered once we left and went to our OB at Los Olivos with getting our paperwork sent over. We confirmed to have it sent over at our last RSC appointment and i called the day before my OB appt to make sure paperwork was sent. Then at my first OB appointment they were still missing all my blood work.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was in a good location, clean and pleasant to visit. there were some weaknesses we discovered once we left and went to our OB at Los Olivos with getting our paperwork sent over. We confirmed to have it sent over at our last RSC appointment and i called the day before my OB appt to make sure paperwork was sent. Then at my first OB appointment they were still missing all my blood work.
Dr Homer was incredible throughout our entire experience, start to finish. In the first meeting we immediately bonded with him, he experience medically and personally helped us instill trust in him pretty much right away. We enjoyed meeting with him and he took so much time with us to explain the whole process and what he could do for us. He was a partner throughout the entire process and never shyed away from the tough stuff, we had to go through some hard times and he was always thorough and supportive with us, telling us exactly what we needed and wanted to know, respectfully and politely. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Homer. I met with one other Dr while Dr Homer was out, she did my follicle scan and she was absolutely delightful and encouraging as well. The support staff was also pretty outstanding, always trying to be supportive and prompt, it was much appreciated.
I didn't have a ton of exposure to the nursing team, unless Judi is part of that team? She was outstanding and generally supported me over the phone and through the portal. I did see a nurse for one of my follicle scans and she was outstanding as well, sorry I dont know her name.
Dr Homer was incredible throughout our entire experience, start to finish. In the first meeting we immediately bonded with him, he experience medically and personally helped us instill trust in him pretty much right away. We enjoyed meeting with him and he took so much time with us to explain the whole process and what he could do for us. I had previously visited another Dr who prescribed Clomid and incorrectly told me I did not have PCOS, she was prepared to up my prescription of Clomid to 100mg after 3 failed cycles. At that point I chose to move to see Dr. Homer and I look back all the time and am grateful we made that decision. At my first ultrasound with Dr. Homer he immediately confirmed I was a classic case of PCOS. From there he made the decision to not go forward with Clomid but to switch to Femera. I got pregnant the first cycle. It was a tough experience as we learned that I miscarried at our first appointment, but Dr Homer was right there for us, helping me through the medication to have the miscarriage at home, no DNC required thankfully. He even called me the next day, On a Saturday, to check in on me, it meant the world to me. He was a partner throughout the entire process and never shyed away from the tough stuff. After that, I had many weeks with blood appointments to check my Hcg, which took it's sweet time in going down. I think I tested 3-4 weeks in a row before we gave it a rest for a couple weeks and tested again. It took about 2 months to get it completely gone so we could start trying again. Dr Homer put me on my second cycle with Femera and sure enough we got pregnant on the first try again, I simply couldn't believe it. the first few months were pretty grueling, always expecting something to go wrong. I was terrified for my first ultrasound. Dr Homer was perfectly matching my optimism but also completely respecting and mirroring my cautious excitement. Once he got in there and saw the heartbeat he took a minute to confirm before he gave me the good news. My husband and I were ecstatic and so was he. We had the best appointment and were so endlessly grateful for his partnership and guidance. After that we had a 2 week trip to Ireland and I couldnt wait to come home to get another hopefully good screen. We could have switched to an OB at that time, but we werent ready to leave Dr Homer. We came back from the trip and got to see the baby grown quite a bit, arms and legs and most importantly a strong heartbeat. Dr Homer gave us hugs of congratulations and his staff gave us so many well wishes on our way out the door. Dr Homer even helped me find a new OB which was a big deal for us and we've now met her and absolutely love her! I of course would prefer to stay with Dr Homer if it were a possibility, but because it's not we're thrilled to have her. I can't say enough good things about Dr Homer, without him I dont think this experience ever could have worked as quickly and certainly wouldn't have been so pleasant.
Don't wait to get engaged with Reproductive Science Center, you need to get care from a Dr and a clinic who know what they're talking about with Fertility.
Due to my diagnosis with PCOS Dr Homer prescribed Femera, not Clomid that my previous Dr had me on. It worked our first two cycles on it and I'm so grateful that he customized our treatment for my condition.
We had a pretty substantial cost for the ultrasounds each month. Also the only thing I was really caught off guard by was when I needed to come in for weekly blood draws for my Hcg levels, I was anxious to hear results so it was recommended that I do the draws at RSC so i could get same day results. Unfortunately after a few draws I found out that my coverage didnt extend to those blood draws and i needed to go to a LabCorp, so I got charged way more than expected for those visits and that was really disappointing.
San Jose

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
You don't get a ton of face time with your doctor [at Reproductive Science Center] . You may or not see them at all once your cycle starts. However, every physician with whom I've interacted has been kind, reassuring, and competent....12k for ivf (not including meds) 17k for freeze all with PGS (not including meds)...I was verbally told they were drawing a beta when my period was a week late (getting ready to start a cycle), but only drew estrogen and progesterone.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
You don't get a ton of face time with your doctor. You may or not see them at all once your cycle starts. However, every physician with whom I've interacted has been kind, reassuring, and competent.
She's kind, thoughtful, and funny. It feels as though she cares if you're pregnant-- not just for her success rates but because she wants to help grow families.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
Sandra is prompt on responses, and gives great updates. Sometimes it's frustrating to have questions be filtered through her-- it's hard to get an answer "straight from the horse's mouth", but Sandra does a great job interpreting answers.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
She's very thoughtful and comprehensive in her thinking. She tries to set expectations and gives some rationales when things don't go as plan. She's willing to think outside the box and incorporate ideas from other physicians within her practice as well as from her previous clinics and any research you bring in. She may not always follow or endorse things, but she's willing to consider it and give a rationale why she thinks it will or won't be beneficial in this scenario.
Become friends with your nurse, who will be your primary point of contact.
We started with an estrogen priming antagonist with hgh protocol and that cycle was converted to iui due to lack of synchronization. Then we went to micro dose Lupron with hgh and had a chemical pregnancy (11R, 8M, 4F, transferred 2 at day 3, nothing to freeze). We did some further work up to make sure we weren't missing anything. Our next cycle would be a micros dose Lupron with hgh again, but was canceled at baseline due to a cyst. Final cycle was exactly like the second (MDL with HGH). We had 8 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilize, 7 fabulous at day 3, all gone by day 5. Nothing to transfer or freeze. While she does not know why we don't make blasts, she's not pushing us to cycle again. She assumes it's poor egg quality as all sperm tests came back completely normal (including DNA frag). She's now recommending donor eggs or donor sperm.
They prefer eSET, but we transferred 2 day 3 embryos. I'm not sure what they would have said if we had gotten to day 5 blasts or had any left to freeze in our case.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Well the fertility treatment is expensive. But the clinic finance-counselor Monica [at Reproductive Science Center] provided us all the details about the cost for our treatment. Also, wish that our medical insurance could cover majority of the labs & treatment fees but unfortunately that's not the case...Professional & friendly staff. Clean premises, & peaceful environment. Sometime besides doctor's help we need to have patience, and determination. You are at the right place. RSC-SJ team is dedicated & devoted towards their patients (this based on our experience).
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
My experience with Dr Wachs has been amazing so far. Since day1 we had this connection about my situation. Each time if we have to do any procedure she will discuss that in details with us. Thank you for being an awesome Doctor.
My Team at RSC-San Jose is " Team of Superwomen". They are awesome in each & every thing. I am proud & trust my team.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Wachs is a god-send angel for me. I wouldn't have known my conditions if it would not have been via Dr Wachs explanation. She has been with me in all the stages. Checking-up on me emotionally & medically. It's rare to find a good doctor.
Be patient. Not everything is under medical/Doctor's control. It can take a while before you get what you are looking for. You are in good hands. Dr. Wachs will take good care of you.
After our first consultation visit with Dr. Wachs. We had a strategic plan to proceed further. - Reviewed my situation - Did some labs (MRI SCAN, Ultrasounds) - Discusses all the labs with us - We had to do Hysterectomy to remove uterus fibroids. Then she purposed all the possible treatments for us IUI, IVF So far our journey is been hopeful & we are looking forward for the day to be blessed with a baby. It will be only possible because of Dr. Wachs & her team.
Well the fertility treatment is expensive. But the clinic finance-counselor Monica provided us all the details about the cost for our treatment. Also, wish that our medical insurance could cover majority of the labs & treatment fees but unfortunately that's not the case.
Absolutely Dr Wachs clearly defined the singleton transfer & multiple transfer differences to us. She strongly put her views about it.
San Jose

RSC is very welcoming, with a comfortable atmosphere and highly competent staff. The message portal they use for communication makes getting questions answered very easy. The only negative has been in dealing with the scheduling center. In scheduling my HSG, both my case manager and nurse had contacted the scheduling center to get in touch with me several times, and it was several days before they finally contacted me. When they did, I had only three days left to schedule the HSG and they had only one day available, which did not work with my schedule. They informed me that I could have it done at another facility and they would reach out to them to get it scheduled. I assumed they meant another RSC office, but I received a message through the communication portal directing me to an Imaging Facility or the local hospital, along with the phone numbers/contact info. I was told to let them know once I had scheduled the procedure and they would send over the paperwork. I spent close to an hour on the phone trying to get an appointment at another facility. While this is certainly not the fault of RSC, it would have been helpful to have known up front what to expect.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Rosenbluth has been very caring, kind and thorough. At the same time, he is very honest and straightforward. He was honest about the potential challenges of my treatment and the odds of success, due to my age. I feel very comfortable with him and appreciate his attention to my care on a personal level. I also appreciate that all the doctors in the practice discussed my test results and conferred with Dr. Rosenbluth's diagnoses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center.
The nurses have been wonderful. They are very caring and compassionate and make you feel at ease. My case manager, Jennifer, has been very easy to communicate with and very thorough, answering all of my questions quickly and completely.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth was welcoming and detailed in his explanations. He quickly put us at ease and made us feel as if we could trust him to navigate the procedures, testing, etc. We met with him during our initial consultation and ultrasound. I had my testing (blood work, HSG) at different facilities due to insurance coverage (blood work) and scheduling (HSG), but Dr. Rosenbluth followed up with me personally with the results of my testing and conferred with the other doctors at the clinic regarding my HSG results. We will soon be undergoing the remainder of treatment (MESA/TESE, IVF, ICSI, PGS, FET) and I'm very confident in the remaining care I'll receive from Dr. Rosenbluth and RSC.
Trust his knowledge, experience and suggestions. Know that he is giving you the best and worse case scenario and that he has your best interests in mind.
I have yet to undergo treatment and protocols with Dr. Rosenbluth. I had an initial consultation with him and an ultrasound to count the number of follicles and determine ovarian reserve, as that would help determine whether I was a viable candidate and potential success of treatment. He was pleasantly surprised by the number of follicles present (high for my age) which was followed by positive results from blood work, suggesting a normal to high ovarian reserve. He suggested an HSG because he saw a small paratubal cyst on the ultrasound, and wanted to confirm its diagnosis. Because my partner previously had a vasectomy many years ago, we knew he would need to undergo MESA/TESE, and we decided to have the procedure done at RSC rather than with his current urologist because we felt very comfortable and confident with Dr. Rosenbluth and RSC. Following his procedure, planned protocol/treatment is IVF, ICSI, PGS (because of my age), and FET. I have not been given an exact list of medications yet, just a probable list to contact my insurance company with.
The majority of my treatment will be covered by my insurance. The exceptions are MESA/TESE ($2935), PGS ($2300, plus $1750-3000 due to the genetic testing lab directly). My medications are also covered by my insurance.
We have not discussed the number of embryos to transfer yet, it is dependent on the number of eggs they're able to retrieve, number of embryos created, and results of PGS. I know that Dr. Rosenbluth is very supportive of eSET, however, my age may make a determination for multiple embryo transfer. I trust Dr. Rosenbluth to suggest the best option in my circumstance.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
My case manager was Judi Machella and she is amazing. Very efficient and very communicative. She always was there for me when I needed her and also was able to give me the information I needed whether it was emotional support or medical advise. She was so great and I would definitely recommend her as a case manager!!!...The clinics strengths is that they have really great nurses, ultrasound technicians, front desk admin help and overall good communication. Weaknesses were more in the procedure part during the egg retrieval. I felt rushed to get out of there and there could of been a little bit more compassion for what these women are going through. I understand they see so many patients a day but also it is very taxing for the patient and emotionally draining.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
With Dr. Wachs I felt like a human. After discovering the unfortunate events of no embryos to transfer, Dr. Wachs and I had a conversation and she really shared with me a professional medical side and also a compassionate side as though she was a friend at the same time. It was nice and I felt comfortable with the the fact that she was knowledgable medically about what had happened but also felt my pain and was able to emphasize with me as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi )
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
As a patient of Deborah Wachs, I feel we came to a better understanding of each other after the devastation of not having any embryos to transfer after gone through the first cycle. The only part I was a little frustrated with was that the multi cycle plan was not given to me as an option in the initial consultation, however I also understand that with my age and my blood work, I was considered a slam dunk to walk out with a baby through IVF. I think Dr. Wachs is a great Dr. and she is doing the best she can with the information she has.
Make sure you ask every question you can think of even if it sounds silly.
I was on menepur and folistim for the first 4 days or so and then ganerelix for the next 4 days. These are all injectables (excuse me for the spelling of them, they may not be correct) The menepur and folistim was a shot of each every night and then a shot of the ganerelix making it a total of 3 shots a night for approx 8-10 days. It was uncomfortable starting after day 4. The egg retrieval was very painful for me a few days after. Some people are fine but I experienced major discomfort and had to take it easy for a couple weeks afterward. I did have good results with the medication and responded well. My overall egg quality could be better so for the next cycle, the Dr. wants to put me on a growth hormone.
$14,000 for the IVF cycle, $2500 for PGS testing, $3710 for transfer, $4000 for medication
My Dr. strongly recommended only doing a single embryo transfer because I am still young and will be able to have multiple children. She also did give me the risks for multiple embryo transfer and advised against it for the first cycle.

PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths [at Reproductive Science Center] : hands down the most professional clinic with the most skilled professional staff. It seems as though they specifially hand pick their employees. Not just your run of the mill hiring process, but they deliberately choose staff who are all equally compassionate, professional wonderful people. The weakness: they make it hard to leave. They give you a "graduation package" when you're ready to move onto your your regular OB. I love my OB but oh how I wish they could see me through the actual delivery process.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths: hands down the most professional clinic with the most skilled professional staff. It seems as though they specifially hand pick their employees. Not just your run of the mill hiring process, but they deliberately choose staff who are all equally compassionate, professional wonderful people. The weakness: they make it hard to leave. They give you a "graduation package" when you're ready to move onto your your regular OB. I love my OB but oh how I wish they could see me through the actual delivery process.
As soon as he found out my HCG levels were dropping he called me personally. He's always called with Important news, good or bad. He knew I was upset and made a follow up call. When I've gone Into this very busy clinic for blood tests, he knows exactly who I am and remembers out sons names. He is the most personable doctor I've ever had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat and now currently Sara)
Again, above and beyond. The classes with catherine were informative, the delivery of the meds from the pharmacy she recommended were amazing. They delivered our meds to our hotel while in dianeyland. They waited in a refrigerator until we arrived. Sara (with this current IVF cycle) has also been amazing. She was a listening ear when I miscarried. She was compassionate, sympathetic and encouraging when I needed it the most. She knows our family when we go in for labs and goes out of her way to see us before we leave. Catherine was the same way also. All around beautiful people in the right profession.
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr weckstein goes above and beyond to make sure the patient has a clear understanding of procedures and outcomes. He has an amazing way of keeping us informed with any risks but also keeps us positive. Not all doctors can do that. He's a wonderful communicator and has always made follow-up calls personally. If he happens to catch us in the office while doing blood work, he always stops and says hello.
Trust. Trust that he will help you make the best decision for your specific situation. He will treat you according to what your body is doing.
Birth control, estradiol, menopur, progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin and follistim IVF fresh cycle, 5 day embryo. Transfered two and delivered a healthy baby boy
Roughly 12,000 IVF 1800 icsi 2500 meds
He told us the benefits of eset and the complications that could arise with transferring multiple embryos If they took. We'd tried for so many years we were willing to take the chance of multiples.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
I loved everything about this office [Reproductive Science Center] ! The receptionist Suzi would always greet me in the lobby and make sure I was all checked in. The lab staff who drew my blood were fast and efficient and took time to get to know me, and make me comfortable. All of the nurses are so friendly and helpful and all of the doctors are amazing! They are organized, compassionate, and great at what they do!...Judi [nurse] was AWESOME! She would respond to my emails within minutes! She was so patient with all of my questions, and cared deeply about each of her patients!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I loved everything about this office! The receptionist Suzi would always greet me in the lobby and make sure I was all checked in. The lab staff who drew my blood were fast and efficient and took time to get to know me, and make me comfortable. All of the nurses are so friendly and helpful and all of the doctors are amazing! They are organized, compassionate, and great at what they do!
Dr. Wach's was so sweet and greeted us with a warm smile and a hug on each visit. We had to try several different approaches to my treatment but she never gave up and was very understanding of what an emotional and frustrating process this could be. She was realistic in helping us make decisions and very kind through the whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi mecchella)
Judi was AWESOME! She would respond to my emails within minutes! She was so patient with all of my questions, and cared deeply about each of her patients!
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Wach's was everything I wanted in my fertility doctor. She was patient, kind, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. She never gave up on me and always had more ideas of new techniques to try and tweak. As a patient I would always come in emotional and frantic and she would always manage to calm me down and keep my goals realistic, while comforting me in the fact that we still had several options. I would do my own research and bring her pages of notes and questions and she was knowledgeable on each of the studies I had found and explained why or why not each one would or would not work for my case. She was always put together well and her love for her job showed always, even through the holidays where you would expect her to be taking time off to spend with family, she was in the office, taking care of me. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone who is going through infertility and I will definitely use her again for baby number two!
Be positive and don't give up!
My first cycle we used gonal and menopur and triggered 72 hours before my transfer. My second cycle we added Lupron in hopes of growing more eggs to be fully mature. I had an endometrial receptivity test which showed us we were doing our transfer after my personal window so we adjusted my transfers after that. She ended up putting me on progesterone and the blood thinner injections in order to increase my chances of implantation. Finally on our fourth try we combined everything and had success!
We used the attain package which I believe was about 25k, we used a company called capex md to finance it. Our medications and other procedures totaled around 18k so in total we spent around 43k
In the beginning while we were still learning how my body would react she encouraged a single embryo transfer and showed us that the reason they encourage that is it is lower risk than carrying multiples. Once we realized I wasn't a fertile mertile, she was more open to us transferring two embryo's at a time, which we tried for one cycle and were not successful.
San Jose

Strengths [of Reproductive Science Center] are the nursing staff, the weakness might be that they don't use the latest technology but not entirely sure about that...The case manager and nurses are great. Very good communicators, excellent at providing info, polite and will definitely reply asap. I don't always communicate with the same person each time, but it looks like they are organized but I am getting things done and that's all I really need in the end.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths are the nursing staff, the weakness might be that they don't use the latest technology but not entirely sure about that.
I felt human bc I did meet with the Doctor when it mattered most. Only doctors performed my IUI, egg retrievals and consultations. I understand my doctor does not need to be available to me 24/7 and I certainly don't need her to be measuring my follicles. She called me at the appropriate times and when I needed to get in contact with her, she was available. I also don't need to be coddled during this process, I just need the doctor to know what she's doing and just give it to me straight so I can move forward or move on. I think Dr. Wachs is a straight shooter and for those who need a more delicate touch, I think Dr. Wachs could be more personable but in the end, results are what matter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Carla Roa)
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
My experience with Dr. Wachs has been good so far. Like I said before, she's a straight shooter and will be there if you need her. I have had only 1 IVF cycle and though she didn't perform the retrieval I understand these clinics "share" patients. I am still hopeful IVF with RSC will work for me.
Be patient and don't expect to be coddled, she will give it to you straight. She's not cold or has a poor bedside manner but she is a person and I can tell she does want to help!
I used BCP, Gonal, Menopur and Cetrotide for first IVF cycle. No eggs passed PGS. This time I used BCP again but Dr. Wachs changed the allocation of Gonal and Menopur, and added Omnitrope. Hopefully this will be the one that works!
I have help with insurance so it wasn't too bad. They paid about 50% of treatment and part of the medications.
No comments bc I'm doing PGS.
San Jose

My care coordinator [at RSC] overall was very communicative, quick at responding to any questions, and explaining what the next steps were. When it came to my prescriptions the were a few bumps, I was told my prescription for birth control pills was called in, the pharmacy did not yet have the prescription. This was straightened out the next day. When stimulation meds list was ordered one of the meds was left out, which I happened to notice while taking with the pharmacist. This was fixed the same day.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
While under the care of RSC my doctor, nursing staff, and reception desk personal were all very supportive. The ultrasounds examination results were explained to me at every visit so I knew my progress immediately. They held a class with instruction and demonstration on how to administer the hormone stimulation meds, making sure we were comfortable before leaving class. Dr. Wachs clearly explained treatment steps and possible outcomes prior to starting treatment.
Going through IVF treatments can be stressful, painful, and demanding. Dr. Wachs's professionalism, expertise and high quality of care along with the constant communication, honesty, and guidance made the entire process more pleasant and felt much more manageable. She is warm and supportive which has made a world of difference.
My care coordinator overall was very communicative, quick at responding to any questions, and explaining what the next steps were. When it came to my prescriptions the were a few bumps, I was told my prescription for birth control pills was called in, the pharmacy did not yet have the prescription. This was straightened out the next day. When stimulation meds list was ordered one of the meds was left out, which I happened to notice while taking with the pharmacist. This was fixed the same day.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
In my experience Dr. Wachs is kind, compassionate, and very knowlegable. After the consultation with Dr. Wachs, we were able to get started with the process of IVF very soon after which is for me at age 42 very important. First round we had 2 eggs tested for chromosomal abnormalities, sadly neither came back normal. When Dr. Wachs called to convey the bad news her compassion really came through along with leaving me with a feeling of hope for success with future treatment. We are seeking further treatment with Dr. Wachs who will be adjusting accordingly.
Start preparing your body for IVF in at least 3 months in advance. You can do this by eating a well balanced diet consisting of healthy foods, exercising regularly, and taking a prenatal vitamin along with CO - Q10.
I was put on the Agonist protocol, 11 days of stimulation meds, we also used ICSI to fertilize the eggs. I was on the following medications: Micro-dose Lupron 10 units subcutaneously twice daily, once in AM and once in PM. FSH (Gonal F) 300 units subcutaneously in the AM. Please continue Menopur 150 units subcutaneously in the PM. and Prenatal vitamin daily. We sent the two embryos off for PGS testing and sadly both were abnormal. The treatment up to that point was going well and it would have been nice to have more then two embryos make it to PGS testing. The doctor will adjust treatment for the next round in hopes to have more embryos to be tested.
Total of $24,000.00 $17,450.00 IVF Cycle, ICSI, Retrieval, Biopsy, and Implantation. $2,200.00 PGS genetic testing $4,000.00 Medications
We have not made it to a transfer yet, but we were told by Dr. Wachs at the initial visit that the goal is to transfer one healthy PGS tested embryo.
San Jose

he clinic [Reproductive Science Center] is very well organized. All the nurses and staff are very friendly and willing to answer questions. When we started each different course of treatment (IUI vs IVF) we were required to watch videos explaining the treatment. At first I was a bit resentful of having to watch videos about our treatment but they were actually very educational and helpful! The only drawback of this location is that although M-F I was seen at the Foster City location, you have to go to their main location in San Ramon on weekends and holidays. That location is very nice though so all in all not a bad drawback.
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is very well organized. All the nurses and staff are very friendly and willing to answer questions. When we started each different course of treatment (IUI vs IVF) we were required to watch videos explaining the treatment. At first I was a bit resentful of having to watch videos about our treatment but they were actually very educational and helpful! The only drawback of this location is that although M-F I was seen at the Foster City location, you have to go to their main location in San Ramon on weekends and holidays. That location is very nice though so all in all not a bad drawback.
Dr Reid was amazing throughout this process. We started our treatment with IUI and after 2 unsuccessul rounds we wanted to change courses. Dr. Reid throughly explained our other options and supported us with all options. She was neutral throughout the decision making process and did not push us one way or the other. We ended up choosing to do IVF and were so happy we did. She was kind and patient with all of our many questions and helped us understand what to expect along the way. She made sure to schedule us on a day when she was doing embryo transfers so we could see her familiar face. At every step of our journey she impressed us with her compassion for what we were going through and knowledge of her field! We are now expecting a healthy baby boy and are thrilled with our decision to seek treatment from Dr. Reid.
We had an insurance benefit through Progeny and Dr. Reid's clinic was one of the clinics they recommended and was covered through our insurance benefit.
Dr. Reid explained that they support eSET in most cases especially ours. After understanding the risks that accompany multiples I can understand their support of this practice.

IUI, 1 IVF
We found everything perfect about the clinic [Reproductive Science Center] . The best thing about it is that they were always on schedule and they never wasted our time...Patti and all the staff were awesome, they were on top of my case and knew every detail without looking at my file all the time. They were considerate, loving, caring and understanding...We knew all the risks and chances of success associated with the treatment yet we were never in doubt just because of Dr. Homer's positive attitude. With only 1 healthy embryo at hand, it was him who showed confidence in our confidence to move forward with the transfer cycle. We were lucky that it worked out for us but if it hadn't, our feedback about him wouldn't have changed. My message to everyone who is looking for an IVF treatment is that "Dr Homer is someone who you can rely on and he will do everything whats necessary and right for you and you would never feel that your efforts were for nothing." He is very considerate, spends time in understanding their patients, and has sense of humor which will light your bad day. He smiles at problems which gives you confidence that no matter what you can get thro
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
We found everything perfect about the clinic. The best thing about it is that they were always on schedule and they never wasted our time
He was considerate, understanding and professional yet very friendly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Patty Roberts )
Dr. Homer is the best. Me and my husband were fortunate that we found him. Since the very first appointment, we found him very considerate, professional and yet very friendly. He was very transparent,always answered all of questions(which i did ask a lot, thanks to google), understanding and honest. We knew all the risks and chances of success associated with the treatment yet we were never in doubt just because of Dr. Homer's positive attitude. With only 1 healthy embryo at hand, it was him who showed confidence in our confidence to move forward with the transfer cycle. We were lucky that it worked out for us but if it hadn't, our feedback about him wouldn't have changed. My message to everyone who is looking for an IVF treatment is that "Dr Homer is someone who you can rely on and he will do everything whats necessary and right for you and you would never feel that your efforts were for nothing." He is very considerate, spends time in understanding their patients, and has sense of humor which will light your bad day. He smiles at problems which gives you confidence that no matter what you can get through every problem.I believe doctors should know it all yet they should not be so overpowering that you can't confide in them with your silliest of things, your fears and your apprehensions which with Doctor Homer i never felt that way, all i can say he is the best thing that happened for my IVF journey.
Be honest and forthcoming with him and do let him know your expectations about the treatment so that he can have all the information and decide the best course of treatment for you
San Jose

Overall a good experience. RSC has good facilities, and the San Jose office is at a convenient location. Nurses were great. Judi was on top off things. The only thing that I would like to see improvement is the financial department. We keep getting bills that was not correct....Dr. Homer is professional yet have a sense of humor. He is knowledgable yet very friendly. And he is also considerate and have a good bedside manner.... I was very happy to graduate from RSC, yet was sad to leave
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
We met Dr. Homer after trying for more than 2 years without success. Before we met, I was skeptical. I worried that he was too young and inexperienced. But he quickly proved me wrong. He answered all our questions and concerns, explained to us all our options (IUI and IVF) with risk and success rate, and suggested us to go with IUI first. During our treatment, he found out that I had polyps in the uterus, which caused me to bleed in between periods and reduced my success rate. After a successful surgery performed by Dr. Homer and 2 failing IUI, we decided to move on to IVF. We got 3 healthy embryos and one of them got transferred successfully. Me and my husband were ecstatic. After trying for 3 years, our dream had finally come true, thanks to Dr. Homer. He was very professional, knowledgable, yet very friendly and funny. He also had wonderful bedside manner. I was very happy to graduate from RSC, yet was sad to leave Dr. Homer. Hopefully we will see him again for our next baby in about 2 years. I would recommend Dr. Homer to everyone who considers infertility treatment.
Don't wait, call Dr. Homer now.
Describe Michael Vance Homer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Homer strong suggested us to do single embryo transfer due to the success rate being &gt;60% and the risk of having twins with multiple embryo transfer.
San Jose
Clinic [Reproductive Science Center] is ran very smoothly. There are several nurses and doctors so if your Dr/Nurse is not available someone else will be. They are willing to work with your schedule, if you "need" to be seen on a day that your doctor is off, they will find someone to see you.... We started on estrace, vitamin D, then progesterone shots, and progesterone inserts. Continued meds until week 9 of pregnancy, then tapered off. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with a singleton.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Clinic is ran very smoothly. There are several nurses and doctors so if your Dr/Nurse is not available someone else will be. They are willing to work with your schedule, if you "need" to be seen on a day that your doctor is off, they will find someone to see you.
Dr Weckstein felt like my dad. He seemed concerned over my concerns and wanted to make me feel completely comfortable. I was debating about PGS testing and he said, if you were my wife going through this I would say it's unnecessary. I appreciated his honesty and that he put himself in my shoes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center.
Always willing to chat, responded quickly to e-mails, went over shots with husband even though we didn't have a scheduled appointment. The last week of progesterone inserts I was not comfortable using the ones that the pharmacy had sent (they were red) so they supplied me (at no charge) a weeks worth of inserts that were white to ease my mind.
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Weckstein was kind and supportive in the whole process. He was optimistic, which at times was hard (due to a cycle previously not taking and miscarriages) but was appreciated. He walked me through each possible step and possibly outcomes. I felt that he truly cared about me as a person, not just a patient.
To not be in a rush. He walks through everything in a slow calm manner, I am not a slow manner type person and it took me a minute to calm down. I was always wanting to rush through each appointment, he was patient and thorough.
We did FET. We started on estrace, vitamin D, then progesterone shots, and progesterone inserts. Continued meds until week 9 of pregnancy, then tapered off. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with a singleton.
We had FET and total cost, not including medications, was around $5K.

Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
They have a high success rate, you can make appointments for everything and you don't have to wait very long usually. They have a number of offices and try to make your appointments at the closest one to you. They have a number of financial packages- they even refunded us money that we did not use because our two ivf cycles were cut short towards our next egg donor ivf cycle.
My husband and I feel that Dr. Rosenbluth cares about us and is genuinely interested in helping us meet our goals. Unfortunately, the nurses are managing to many patients and I found often did not have a good grasp on the specifics of my case. On the flip side, I spoke to Dr. Rosenbluth about my concerns and after that I have not had any negative experiences with the nurses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
The doctors, case managers, finance department, etc. all do very specific things and I don't think that they are streamlined together very well, which makes it difficult for the patient to manage all the moving pieces. You don't usually see your case managers or financial advisers in person-all the communication is over the phone and/or email which is impersonal and difficult to ensure that you are getting the best care you can. I did not feel that my case manager understood the specifics of my unusual case but when I shared my concerns with the doctor my case manager switched and I was much happier with the level of care.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
He genuinely cares about each patient and wants to help them reach their fertility goals. I think he could do an even better job with mapping out all the different aspects and requirements of the entire procedures, or have someone else (a case manager) meet with the patients right after meeting with him to explain the ebb and flow.
When you don't understand something or you are concerned about something, let him or the staff know. If you are not satisfied with how your case is being or was handled tell him-he genuinely wants to make his practice better.
We decided to do 2 back to back cycles first with a lot of meds and see if we got any eggs or how many and then do a second one if we got none or some with a lower dosage of meds. Unfortunately, I did not react well to either cycle and stopped before the retrieval as I would not have gotten more than one egg.
14,000 for general IVF cycle with the addition of medications and PGD testing from lab. As I mentioned before, there was an option to pay through a special program that I believe makes it more affordable for many. However, because our chances were so low for success we decided to pay directly to the clinic as they promised to refund us any money we did not use.
Orinda

RSC was amazing. The only downside for us was the commute (1.5 hrs) but they were willing to consolidate appointments and really helped develope as easy a schedule as they could with my work schedule. The main procedure clinic was very nice, clean, professional. Fantastic service and care. Limited wait times! My one beef with RSC is their phone system. If I never have to hear that hold music again I’ll be a happy woman.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Her care was specific, sincere and thoughtful to me specifically.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
The whole staff at RSC was so amazing. Helped us anyway they could, sent emails checking in, just a wonderful group to work with
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
She’s smart, to the point, but kind and caring. Perfect blend of compassion and professionalism. I would gladly work with her again, she made our whole process seem logical and never forced us or pushed us. We had a lot of say in our care
Recognize that it’s impossible not to be emotional but that Dr Wachs is doing everything she can to help you conceive
The one issue I had was I became hyper stimulated in prep for my egg retrieval and was unable to do a live transfer. This prompted us to have to freeze all the embryos instead. One thing I would have preferred in this situation was some discussion prior to ensimination of my retrieves eggs. I had a LOT of good eggs retrieved, and in hindsight, would have preferred we not ensiminate all of them. I would have liked some eggs alone in case we chose to donate them or use other sperm. Having 28 embryos didn’t help me too much... I mean, it was a good problem to have but I would have liked to discuss options. Nonetheless, Dr Wachs shifted us to the FET process and did a good job explaining it and also gave us an opportunity to do PGS. This turned out to be a big benifif for us due to a tight time line I was on to get pregnant. Overall i was really happy with this medical advice. Also- Dr Wachs was pretty blunt when she discovered that I had PCOS that IUI was probably not going to work. Making the choice to switch to IVF early (after 3 IUI) was good for us, also with our dwindling sperm supply. I was very happy with her candid advice and direction but I never felt pressured to do anything.
About 13,000
Super happy we did eSET. My eggs/embryos were high quality and I was young (28) so her advice for eSET was best for us. I’m glad the clinic was very clear on this policy because I think the desire to get pregnant immediately can cloud people’s judgement on the risk/burden of twins.
San Jose

There are multiple doctors at this clinic [RSC-Foster City], with multiple locations. They have a main office located in East Bay, where all of their procedures and done. This means that your primary doctor may not be the one to do your egg retrieval or transfer. This wasn’t a worry for us, all of the doctors were wonderful to us, but may be to some. Dr Reid was able to schedule our FET when she would be working in the clinic, which as lovely.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
There are multiple doctors at this clinic, with multiple locations. They have a main office located in East Bay, where all of their procedures and done. This means that your primary doctor may not be the one to do your egg retrieval or transfer. This wasn’t a worry for us, all of the doctors were wonderful to us, but may be to some. Dr Reid was able to schedule our FET when she would be working in the clinic, which as lovely.
She provided my husband and I with answers for any questions we had, support when needed, was there for us 100% of the way through our treatments. We truly felt like she was rooting for us. Further to that, when we lost our twins (23 weeks into my first pregnancy from our fresh cycle) she truly cared and tried to help us find a reason, even though she didn’t need to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Rueckheim)
Laura is an incredible communicator and quickly returns phone calls. She answers questions easily and will quickly get back to you if she is unsure of an answer. She also did our injection class and the information she provided was so helpful and made our nightly injections go so much smoother. She is compassionate and caring and incredibly excited for us during our cycles and subsequent pregnancies.
From our very first appointment, my husband and I felt like we understood the plan Dr. Reid had for us. Any questions we had were answered clearly and completely. Throughout my treatment she was there to answer any questions quickly for us and we never felt like we were wandering blindly. We lost our twins from our first transfer at 23 weeks, and truly felt like she cared for us and them, going as far as providing us with some information about what happened so that we could understand th medical side better. We started our FET protocol 3 months later and she was so supportive and helpful. We could not have asked for a better doctor.
The same as I would tell anyone considering fertility treatments, ask questions. Lots of questions. Do you own research and understand what you are putting your body through.
I don’t remember much about our fresh cycle, only that I had a great response to all of the medications I was given and my body produced plenty of healthy eggs. I did have nausea as a side effect, but in my opinion, that was par for the course. My egg retrieval went very well, 21 eggs retrieved and ICSI was used to inseminate. Because of poor sperm quality we had 4 good quality embryos, 2 of which were transferred on day 5, while 2 were frozen. The two that were transferred, resulted in perfectly healthy boy/girl twins. Unfortunately, due to preterm labor and rupture, they were born far too early at 23 weeks. We began FET protocol roughly 3 month later, once I was cleared by my OB. I was on estrogen to suppress my ovaries and boost my lining. I was also started on progesterone suppositories but switched to progesterone in oil shots, as I was finding the mess from the suppositories too much. My Frozen embryo transfer resulted in a healthy baby girl, born at 39 weeks exactly.
Single transfer was much more preferred by Dr Reid, using multiple transfers for specific reasons such as egg and/or embryo quality and maternal age. She explained that multiple pregnancies come with high risks that need to be weighed out carefully.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
[At RSC] You have one doctors, but other doctors may help with care/procedures depending on timing and what that doctor's strengths are. They use a Team Care approach. - Strength - Experience and quality of doctors and care staff - Weakness - Busy at times, may need to wait to get a new patient consult, but once you are a patient things move a bit quicker. Probably a bit pricey (but we did not compare with other local clinics), worth the money! - As the doctors are often dealing with many patients and different situations, communication with your case manager is key. They will be your primary touch point throughout the cycle. - If you want to speak with the doctor instead of a nurse or case manager, just ask! - The informational IVF nurse was also a great resource when I need to ask a question about diet, activity, medicine, etc... during the cycle.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
- You have one doctors, but other doctors may help with care/procedures depending on timing and what that doctor's strengths are. They use a Team Care approach. - Strength - Experience and quality of doctors and care staff - Weakness - Busy at times, may need to wait to get a new patient consult, but once you are a patient things move a bit quicker. Probably a bit pricey (but we did not compare with other local clinics), worth the money! - As the doctors are often dealing with many patients and different situations, communication with your case manager is key. They will be your primary touch point throughout the cycle. - If you want to speak with the doctor instead of a nurse or case manager, just ask! - The informational IVF nurse was also a great resource when I need to ask a question about diet, activity, medicine, etc... during the cycle.
Care was tailored to our situation, always listened to our questions and concerns and responded thoughtfully. Made himself available for a call or two during off hours.
Efficient, timely, compassionate and good at sharing results as they went.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Strengths: compassionate, good communicator, good bedside manner, experienced Weaknesses: Some routine care and procedures at this clinic are taken on by the other doctors, not just your doctor. For example, my doctor did not do my egg retrieval. However, this is done in part to ensure that each doctor is working on their strongest procedures and helps with the on-call process. Not really a weakness, unless you want your doctor to be doing every procedure.
Double check everything when it comes to dosages and meds with your case manager. Especially when they are altered or changed mid cycle. In doubt... call! I had a small miscommunication with my case manager (not the doctor), and it put my cycle in jeopardy. Luckily everything worked out. You can't be too careful with this sort of investment!
Fairly standard protocol, no agonists. Did use birth control for 1-2 weeks prior to starting stims. Had plans to freeze any resulting blastocysts, so our goal was to stimulate with the hopes of getting as many eggs as possible (Menopur, Gonal-F were used, cetrotide and lupron trigger). ICSI used for fertilization (28 of 33 fertilized). All resulting day 5/6 blasts (12) were biopsied for PGS at day 5/6 and frozen the same day. Transfer - drugs, estrace and PIO. Single embryo transferred, resulting in singleton pregnancy.
I owed 10% co-insurance on all related procedures. I don't remember exact costs, but they were ultimately around $1500-$2000 all in, plus $4000 for PGS (with another company)
1 was suggested based on known quality of embyro (PGS normal) and past success in achieving pregnancy

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
The staff is so great at RSC in San Jose. My one suggestion would be to upgrade the facility (especially in comparison to the other RSC facilities) if possible...Very easy - I was told up front that I would have to schedule between 7-9 AM and the calendar I was given by my nurse told me when you begin to block my personal calendar to prepare accordingly. Each time I needed to schedule, I was able to get the time I needed without a problem...
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Reid (and her nurse Laura) personalized and humanized the entire process. They were patient with me and took the time to understand what I was needed and how I could best be supported during the processes. During my first cycle (which had to be canceled), their follow up was so genuine. You could tell in their conversations that my set back was also theirs based on their words and actions (emails, phone calls, office visits).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Ruckheim )
Laura is incredible. She is caring, organized, compassionate and very easy to talk to. You truly feel like she wants her patients to become pregnant. When things got difficult, I felt nothing but support from Laura. She is literally the best!
Dr. Reid is the best doctor I have ever worked with. Her care and concern for her patients is incredible. She has a great ability to connect with her patients and clearly understand things in a way that is easy to comprehend. I feel lucky to have been/continue to be in her care. I know she will always be routing for the best outcome for me and my family.
My piece of advice would be to request her directly. The RSC practice is set up to have patients see a number of care givers throughout the bay area - my advice would be to select Dr. Reid as your doctor, even if that means driving to Foster City to be her patient.
First Cycle was intended to be an egg preservation cycle. I used Menopor/Gonal F; by day 11 of injections my follicles were not growing anymore and the decision was made to cancel this cycle. Second Cycle was interned to be a fresh transfer/embryo freeze. I used Lupron Injections during the cycle and stimulated with Menopor/Gonal F and then added a growth hormone during the last 6 days of injections. Result - 11 eggs retrieved; 8 mature; 6 fertilized; 4 became embryos - 1 Fresh Transfer (Miscarried after 7 weeks), 3 embryos frozen. PGS done. Third Cycle; Frozen Transfer - haven't done yet.
There were set fees for each process and I was set up with a financial counselor to discuss the fees/structure. She was very helpful.

4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
He's [Dr. Evan Rosenbluth] a good doctor, but the nature of the business is that you need to be the squeaky wheel in order for the doctor or other staff to pay attention to you and your case. Otherwise, expect for things to fall through the cracks and mistakes to happen. Especially speak up if your case manger is not returning your calls or emails in a timely manner...Phone calls and emails were not responded to in a timely manner. Adriana was overworked and neglected to communicate important information to my egg donor. She also told her incorrect information, which caused my donor anxiety during the egg retrieval process. For example, she told my egg donor she would only be given a twilight anesthesia and not be put under. This was not the case. She was given general anesthesia. Adriana also gave incorrect medication instructions to my egg donor. The errors and inconsistencies almost caused my egg donor to back out of the whole process. Adriana did not give my donor confidence that the clinic knew what they were doing.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is made up of 4 locations and many doctors, nurses and staff, all of whom cover for one another on any given day. Thus, the opportunities for miscommunication are great. The staff seem overworked and poorly trained. For example, when I went in for appointments, they accidentally called my egg donor's name instead of mine. Consistent protocols do not seem to be in place. For example, Dr Rosenbluth was not aware of protocols for the egg donor process and gave me incorrect information about whether my egg donor should be present in certain meetings or not. The records department also neglected to transfer my medical records to my obgyn after I filed more than one records request.
The staff didn't know my name even though it's a small office. I had trouble getting my calls or emails returned in a timely manner, or even at all, especially from the finance office. Only the squeekie wheel gets the grease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Adriana)
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
He's a nice person and a good communicator, but he wasn't paying attention to my health and medications prior to my donor egg embryo transfer, which likely caused it to be unsuccessful. For example, he neglected to inform me that I shouldn't be taking antihistamines prior to my transfer until I asked during my actual transfer. Too late. He and my case manager neglected to pay attention to the fact that my allergies were flared up to the point that steroids were needed to treat them. I never should have moved forward with my first FET, which proved unsuccessful. The success rate for a PGD tested donor embryo is 70%, according to the clinic and genetic testing company.
He's a good doctor, but the nature of the business is that you need to be the squeaky wheel in order for the doctor or other staff to pay attention to you and your case. Otherwise, expect for things to fall through the cracks and mistakes to happen. Especially speak up if your case manger is not returning your calls or emails in a timely manner.
My egg donor was given a straightforward protocol of Menopur, Follistim and Gonal F. 27 eggs were retrieved, 21 were mature. 15 eggs were fertilized, 6 were frozen. Out of the 15 eggs, 7 made it to Day 5 or 6 for PGD testing. Out of the 7 embryos, 5 were normal.
They were lower than rates at UCSF. I know that from a friend who also did donor egg with PGD testing. Though my costly could have been lower since my egg donor was a friend of mine and I didn't have to pay an agency fee.
He recommended transferring one embryo only, which I agreed with since they were PGD tested.
Orinda

Strengths - they [RSC] don't feel like a factory. They don't put all women on the same cycle. They don't batch women. You don't get one doctor - you get a whole team. They have a team of doctors who conference on your case every day adn then they get back to you with any treatment changes. I loved having multiple heads think together. Weakness - I guess if you want to see your doctor at every visit that is a weakness b/c that doesn't happen here.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths - they don't feel like a factory. They don't put all women on the same cycle. They don't batch women. You don't get one doctor - you get a whole team. They have a team of doctors who conference on your case every day adn then they get back to you with any treatment changes. I loved having multiple heads think together. Weakness - I guess if you want to see your doctor at every visit that is a weakness b/c that doesn't happen here.
Dr. Wachs was kind, funny, and spent tons of time with me on the phone helping me to think through various decisions (e.g., genetic testing for my husband and me, PGS testing, etc.). She took the time to explain everything to me but never talked down to me. I also loved her personality; she's someone I would like to hang out with and be friends with!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi M.)
So personable. She had personally gone through IVF and could relate to the process. She cared a lot about our outcome. She also knew a lot about the IVF process and could answer questions. She always followed-up with me on the same day if I had any questions that she needed to get back to me about.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
I can't think of any weaknesses. I'd recommend her to anyone. She seemed very thoughtful and thorough while being very easy to relate to. I felt like she really cared about the outcome of our trial - and not just b/c good numbers make her look good but because she cared about us as wanna-be-parents!
Tell her all of your fears and all of your questions because she will take time to answer and explain everything.
I believe a bit above 15K

11 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
We only saw Dr Willman occasionally to review our case (we were a "case") and a few times for baseline or sonograms. Otherwise I had an assigned case manager [at Reproductive Science Center] who couldn't answer questions (would only repeat information we already had) and had to be pressed to ask the doctors to get new information, communication was always at least one day behind, billing was a complete mess (we ended up with a refund because of over-payments?!). IUIs, egg retrieval, and fresh transfers were never with Dr Willman always someone else who was on call. She didn't always really think through how to communicate Before our one and only IVF transfer as the embryos were developing, she left me a voicemail late on a Friday afternoon to say she wanted to tell us something, didn't say what it was, and then left for the day. Of course we freaked ou
11 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Lots of knowledgeable doctors but you won;t have the benefit of being treated by just one of them who will give you personal attention. They go by the stats there, if you don't work within their standard protocols, they are slow to adjust.
We only saw Dr Willman occasionally to review our case (we were a "case") and a few times for baseline or sonograms. Otherwise I had an assigned case manager who couldn't answer questions (would only repeat information we already had) and had to be pressed to ask the doctors to get new information, communication was always at least one day behind, billing was a complete mess (we ended up with a refund because of over-payments?!). IUIs, egg retrieval, and fresh transfers were never with Dr Willman always someone else who was on call. She didn't always really think through how to communicate Before our one and only IVF transfer as the embryos were developing, she left me a voicemail late on a Friday afternoon to say she wanted to tell us something, didn't say what it was, and then left for the day. Of course we freaked out and managed to get the on call doctor on the phone who gave us the bad news that the embryos weren't doing great. Finally, after all of that, Dr. Willman let me know our fresh transfer failed (second beta results) over voice mail for crying out loud.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Very slow in responding to questions, at least one day and usually incomplete answers.
How was your experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
I felt like I was on an assembly line. I went (and stayed) because of the SART stats but ultimately decided they were way too cavalier about our ability to keep financing treatment without a major reassessment of what may have been going on.
Be prepared to deal with nurses, techs, and all of the other doctors there almost exclusively, Willman will be your doctor only in the sense that is the primary doctor assigned to your case; she will not be making all of the treatment decisions or handling the procedures.
IUIs with lertozole, some with bravelle, and some with follistim with menopur. All negative pregnancy tests. IVF with follistim, menopur, and ganirelix. 5 fertilized eggs, 1 day 5 embryo, 1 day 5 morula, both transferred, low chemical pregnancy resulted.
It was efficient and impersonal, a different nurse or doctor each time. They were always pleasant though.
IUIs were about $600 plus meds, IVF retrieval and fresh transfer was about $24,000 with no PGS plus meds.
They recommended a fresh transfer of two embryos - a blast and morula.
San Ramon

In the clinic [Reproductive Science Center] there are several Drs. Your primary doctor may not be able to see you each time (due to timing of the transfer) but there is always a Dr. that can. Your doctor will try their best to complete the transfer on the best day, but we all know that timing is extremely important in this.... They were always friendly and compassionate. At my second visit I had to wait an extremely long time and to apologize for my wait, they gave me a Starbucks gift card. Any time I had to leave a message they returned my call within 24-248 hours.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
In the clinic there are several Drs. Your primary doctor may not be able to see you each time (due to timing of the transfer) but there is always a Dr. that can. Your doctor will try their best to complete the transfer on the best day, but we all know that timing is extremely important in this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Sgarlata was very kind and considerate of my situation. He sympathized and talked through each particular outcome. Very sensitive when the first FET didn't take and understanding when we weren't ready to immediately try again. During the time between my first and second FET my first child was diagnosed with a chromosome disorder. Sgarlata reached out to his professional contacts to find out about further chromosome testing, then personally called me to walk through options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn De Vera)
How was your experience with Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center?
Even though the treatments did not result in a live birth, I felt comfortable and safe with Sgarlata, like my best interests were his best interests. He went above and beyond and had several phone appointments with me, when I was unable to make appointments in the office. (Bay Area traffic). He gave me all details I needed and answered any and all questions that I had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or for phone appointments.
Describe the protocols Carmelo Sgarlata used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
From a previous Dr., we had 10 frozen embryo's and our treatment was for FET. I started on estrace, baby aspirin, vitamin D (due to being low), and then progesterone shots. After the transfer I continued with Estrace and progesterone until pregnancy test. One cycle was failed the other resulted in twins, then 2 separate miscarriages. I continued progesterone until miscarriages.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center.
This was FET and each cycle, not including medications, was about $5,000.
Describe Carmelo Sgarlata's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Due to my first child being a result of transferring 2 embryo's, he was comfortable with transferring 2 each time.
Carmelo Sgarlata
San Ramon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Well run, has an off hours number you can call. Very regimented in hours for appointments, which can be tough to coordinate with work. They are tech friendly (email, etc) and are friendly. Billing can be a headache, but frankly, I cared far more about the lab and doctor quality, and was willing to handle the billing issues (which were resolved, after several phone calls back and forth).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
They cared about how I was doing. When I had my third loss (first under their care) there was a plan enacted to not only find out why it happened, but how to address it in the future. They (Dr. Rosenbluth and my nurse Valeri) were available, listened to my concerns, and answered my many questions. He followed up on research I had done and listened to what I wanted to do for my treatment, and if we disagreed on something, he explained his view (and his experience/research) and we came to a decision together. This was not the experience I had elsewhere and I truly feel he listened to me and viewed me as a human being.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valeri)
Valeri is amazing. Answered all my questions, sent me an organized calendar, got me over my fear of self-injecting PIO, and camel me down during a very scary first trimester with bleeding. She's the best.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
He is thorough. He's been involved in a lot if research and it shows. He can clearly explain things and is frustrated (in a productive way) when he doesn't know why results are a certain why he didn't expect. When my case became more complicated he asked other doctors at a major conference for insight (to clarify, this was because it was so rare, not an indication that he isn't knowledgeable. I was impressed and appreciative that he went and did this on his own, after asking my permission). I was feeling very defeated after our third loss (again, first under his care) I told him I was scared this was never going to happen for us, and he told me he didn't think we were there yet and that he would tell me if we were. He was right. He handled curveballs very well and whenever we cycle again, he will be managing my care.
Tell him what you want. Explain your concerns and ask questions, because he will answer.
Antagonist protocol (downreg with birth control, follistim, menopur, ganirelex, baby aspirin, antibiotics before ER, Valium before transfer for fresh cycle. Estradiol, Endometrin/pio (added pio during bleeding episodes in first trimester). 11 retrieved, 9 mature, 1 day 5 blast transferred, 6 day 6 blasts frozen. Day 5 blast resulted in a miscarriage, transferred 2 frozen embryos several months later, resulting in a singleton live birth.
Meds were approximately 4 grand for the fresh cycle. IVF (including ICSI, freezing, retrieval, transfer) was about 13 grand. Frozen transfer was 3 grand, I don't remember the Meds.
Orinda

The doctors at RSC are in different clinics on different days... the doctors meet every afternoon to discuss results for each patient as a group, so you are getting the perspective and experience of many different doctors, not just one.
My care team always treated me as an individual and never confused me with someone else or as a "product". My care was always individualized and I always had calls and emails returned within a day or two. Dr. Reid was always the one to call with results of egg retrievals, fertilization reports, genetic testing results, and pregnancy test results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Appling Rueckheim)
Very organized and great and responding quickly with detailed answers to any questions. I appreciate Laura's compassionate manner and always felt treated like a human with feelings when talking about difficult results.
Dr. Reid has been a compassionate and trustworthy doctor. I always felt that she fully listened to me and my concerns, and took me seriously as an intelligent patient who wanted more information. She treated me as an individual and was willing to alter protocols based on my concerns if the research indicated it. She shared research with me and was willing to say that she needed time to think and research different methods to individualize my treatment and got back to me with results. She never rushed me out of my appointments (which means she often ran late with others, but I was ok with that). She was the one to call with any results and was available to answer questions and talk me through results. I appreciate her perspective as a female fertility specialist after seeing many male specialists who never quite answered my questions or wanted to explain things on a deeper level. I have not yet had a live birth but will stay with Dr. Reid until we decide to stop IVF treatments and change course.
The doctors at RSC are in different clinics on different days and rotate weekends. That meant that Dr. Reid was not necessarily the one to perform a retrieval or transfer if it fell on a day where she was not in the main clinic. However, all of the other doctors I have worked with at RSC so far (Dr. Wachs, Dr. Rosenbluth, Dr.HInckley) have been wonderful. If you only want to see one person for all appointments and procedures this may not be the place for you. I really appreciated that the doctors meet every afternoon to discuss results for each patient as a group, so you are getting the perspective and experience of many different doctors, not just one.
Monitoring appointments are only done in the mornings. I have to drive a ways in heavy traffic to reach the clinic, so the early morning appointments worked well for me as it helped me miss the worst traffic.

2012 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
The clinic [RSC] was amazing. Very convenient, friendly, easy to communicate with. The one downfall is how expensive everything is. However, it is comparable with other clinics in our area.... I did 3 cycles of iui. One without medication. One with closed and one with Femara. The unit medicated resulted in pregnancy but I miscarried at 5 weeks. The one with clomid did not result in pregnancy. The last cycle with Femara resulted in pregnancy but I miscarried at 11 weeks. I finally became pregnant naturally a few months later. I saw dr. Hinckley at least every other week from 4 weeks- 8.5 weeks. She ordered blood tests every other day during all of my pregnancies. She called within 6-8 hours with results after every blood test. Ultrasounds were preformed at least every week.
2012 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was amazing. Very convenient, friendly, easy to communicate with. The one downfall is how expensive everything is. However, it is comparable with other clinics in our area.
Dr Hinckley was always warm and caring. She even became emotional before I did upon leaning about my third miscarriage. She made MANY personal calls and was very understanding about my anxieties.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Devronne)
Devronne was amazing, patient and caring.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Mary Hinckley was the best resource and partner we could have hoped for during our infertility journey. We LOVE her! It is not a road that anyone wants to be on... but if you have to travel it anyone would be lucky to have her by their side. She called me personally and promptly with results for EVERY test. She was very easy to get in touch with and spent as much time as we wanted with us at each appointment. Her warm smile eased our fears and anxiety everytime we saw her.
Don't hesitate to contact her at anytime with any little question. She is always happy to answer anything. I think I called her team at least one time a day!
We paid about 10,000. The initial consultation was $300 and each iui round was about $1000.

2012 - 2013
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The support staff [at RSC- San Jose] made many errors and was unwilling to take into account any details that I found pertinent to my situation. At one point, the clinic gave me someone else's positive pregnancy results and refused to apologize for fear of any liability.... It's a factory.... About $300 for each surge sono --$3000 for medicated IUI $18000 for a frozen egg procedure...
2012 - 2013
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
It's a factory
The support staff made many errors and was unwilling to take into account any details that I found pertinent to my situation. At one point, the clinic gave me someone else's positive pregnancy results and refused to apologize for fear of any liability.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
She was ok at explaining the medical stuff and answering my questions but I still felt like a number. She failed to ask certain questions or pay attention to details I mentioned that may have suggested a different course of action.
Don't use her.
At my first appointment, Dr Wachs performed a resting follicle test and reviewed my blood work and told me I needed to use donor eggs. She was compassionate about the fact that I would need to get closure on using my own eggs and said she supported me to do whatever I needed to get that closure--however she would not do an IVF cycle even if I had wanted to. At my request we tried a clomid and letrazole cycle. She failed to mention that Clomid was notorious for thinning one's lining and did not pay attention to notes in my file about having a thin lining, light periods etc. Next we moved to Letrazole and the techs mistakenly said I had a follicle maturing in two different ultrasounds that turned out to be a cyst. Finally, they gave me incorrect pregnancy results of another person, telling me I was pregnant even though many of the numbers in the labs would have been inconsistent with pregnancy.

1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
There is a lack of communication with billing department [RSC]. I was misinformed about PGS testing. The billing dept. told me my nurse should have told me, which does not make sense since that's not her area of expertise. You must request to sit down with billing person to go over everything and make sure you ask about each line item so you understand what you are paying for.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
There is a lack of communication with billing department. I was misinformed about PGS testing. The billing dept. told me my nurse should have told me, which does not make sense since that's not her area of expertise. You must request to sit down with billing person to go over everything and make sure you ask about each line item so you understand what you are paying for.
Dr. Wachs is very compassionate and completely transparent. Dr. Wachs is very forthcoming, but also positive when the situation allows her to be. She spends all the time you need when she is with you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi)
Judi is beyond fantastic! Judi always got back to me promptly. All my questions and concerns were handles efficiently. Judi has a lot of patience and is very caring.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
A wonderful, knowledgable doctor who truly cares for her patients. Dr. Wachs is very empathetic and available when needed. Dr. Wachs is honest and open with her patients, so you know she is doing everything she can to help you conceive a child.
I would push to get extra tests done. Ask her to turn over every rock until we find the answer. Sometimes, fertility clinics and doctors wait to do something after a few tries. I want answers after first miscarriage, not after 2 or 3.
Antagonist approach based off of ERA testing we did. Changing protocol for next round. Will had a hormone to improve egg quality.
San Jose

Billing department could use a little help, I tried to pay a bill several times with no call back. Other than that they [RSC] are classy professionals that know we are sensitive people all hoping for a baby at some point ... Clean, beautiful, up to date, staff is very friendly. ... Ultra sounds were in the am, ... There was a confusion on a dosage of medication. The fill in nurse sent an email with a different dosage of meds versus what she stated on a voicemail.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Clean, beautiful, up to date, staff is very friendly. Billing department could use a little help, I tried to pay a bill several times with no call back. Other than that they are classy professionals that know we are sensitive people all hoping for a baby at some point
He is very sincere and compassionate
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura coburn )
She was kind. Sweet, compassionate and followed through with dr. Wecksteins orders. She was able to relay messages and questions in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
He is very kind, gentle and compassionate. He is extremely smart and professional in infertility so you knew your money was going to be well spent and he didn’t try or need to upscale you on things that maybe weren’t yet necessary if it all. He was honey and I trusted him completely
Trust the process and his knowledge
We skipped IUI’s. Because we had done 5 with another dr. He thought why waste more time and money let’s Go to ivf but offered to try an iui cycle if I chose. We took injectable meds, watched closely, let the eggs mature and fetched them. We did a fresh day 5 transfer of two embryos and became pregnant with with 1. He had reccomended only one but still felt comfortable with a transfer of 2
Ultra sounds were in the am, sometimes traffic was hideous and I would miss my appointment or be late:
He encouraged 1 transfer but I was really excited and what to have it work. I thought 2 would increase my odds. Turns out it probably didn’t but together the Dr and myself still felt comfortable and were happy with the results even tho we only had one pregnancy

1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
RSC is well known and has a good reputation. As already noted, they are very busy and it is hard to get as much personal attention from your physician as one might like. Many of the details of your care will be handled by nurse case managers.... I was scheduled for a procedure that ended up being unnecessary. It was a minor procedure so it was not that big of a deal, but the mix up in communication was frustrating.
1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is well known and has a good reputation. As already noted, they are very busy and it is hard to get as much personal attention from your physician as one might like. Many of the details of your care will be handled by nurse case managers. I think the quality of the case managers varies, I happened to get excellent care from mine, but I have heard from other patients who have had very different experiences.
When we met face-to-face her attention was very focused, she took her time to answer questions, and responded well to the emotional aspects of the process. Accessing her outside of appointments was near impossible though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula & Valerie)
Responsive, available, resourceful, knowledgeable. Always willing to answer my tons of questions. One of the best things about my experience at RSC.
How was your experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Willman is very knowledgeable and personable. She answers questions thoroughly and cites relevant research. I wish she was more available though. She is hard to have contact with outside of appointments and her schedule is very busy. Appointment times get bumped and phone calls get pushed back. But when you get her attention, she is very good.
Make a list of questions to ask at your appointment and cover everything you want to cover, because getting a hold of her between appointments is not possible.
~$15K for IVF egg retrieval plus ~$4K per frozen embryo transfer
She is very knowledgeable about preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) and will suggest adding this to the protocol. She prefers to use this to transfer single embryos.
Orinda

I found the exclusive use of email and voicemails to communicate with my nurse care coordinator off-putting....Most appointments [Reproductive Science Center] are with nurses except for the initial consultation and major procedures like egg retrieval and embryo transfer. (Even these are not necessarily with your primary doctor depending on scheduling.)... * well oiled machine * competitive pricing - especially stacked against bigger names
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
* well oiled machine * competitive pricing - especially stacked against bigger names such as Stanford/UCSF * you'll mostly be treated kindly by a parade of different care providers you'll barely know. * the process is dehumanizing but not demoralizing.
Mixed bag. Most appointments are with nurses except for the initial consultation and major procedures like egg retrieval and embryo transfer. (Even these are not necessarily with your primary doctor depending on scheduling.) Most of the personnel are quite kind, but it's obvious you're just the umpteenth person trying to conceive that has paraded before them. Dr Reid has quite a gentle bed-side manner, which is appreciated. Yet the parade of different medical professionals I see at appointments does not feel very human focused. It's a very well run machine, though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center.
Quite kind, delicate and quiet bedside manner. Limited access to her. Aside from initial consultation, will only see her at egg retrieval (if scheduling fits) and embryo transfer (if I specifically schedule it for a day that she works at my site.)
* do all your homework ahead of time. It'll help you not feel lost in the process. * do not expect undue hand-holding. You won't be seeing the doctor very often.
antagonistic w/ lupron trigger
$ 7,500 ivf w/ icsi $4000 - frozen embryo transfer $1000 embryo freezing $1500 PGS
eSET strongly encouraged by doctor (especially with PGS tested embryos) and advised or increased complications during twin pregnancies.
IUI, 2 IVF
Strengths - friendly staff, good lab team, personally would prefer the decor to communicate more of a high tech vibe. They [RSC] were successful in that I have two children so I really have nothing to complain about.... [Nurse] Just was great, she answered all of my questions, stayed on the phone as long as I needed her... Very prompt in replying to email. Provided me what I asked.... The total cost of my last ivf was 27,000$
IUI, 2 IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths - friendly staff, good lab team, personally would prefer the decor to communicate more of a high tech vibe. They were successful in that I have two children so I really have nothing to complain about.
Dr rosenbluth was warm in his communication and did not sugar coat anything for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judie)
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr rosenbluth was great, he was very thorough in his explanation of the treatments, process, etc. Both times I did when retrieval with him were successful so I was very happy with his decisions in my treatment
Feel free to be completely honest with him, he is very understanding and the more he knows about your circumstantances the better it is for you
I don't remember the first protocol exactly but my numbers all looked good so we went with I assume is the "normal" cycle. Unfortunately we only retrieved 14 eggs - only 2 made it to day 5 and only 1 was pgs normal... We transferred and it ended with my daughter being born. The second retrevial we increased the gonal f dosing and added HGH which resulted in 28 eggs, 15 made it to day 5 and 7 were pgs normal. We did a transfer that resulted in my son being born.
The total cost of my last ivf was 27,000$
Dr rosenbluth was very firm in recommending eSET for pgs tested embryos. It made me a bit nervous but it worked!

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
They treat you like a human being and each case is different, don't compare to other patients or treat you like any other person...She [the nurse at RSC] is always available. I have been able to reach her by phone or email and she is able to get back to me the same day. Very informative of the process and next steps...We are just starting our first IVF cycle. We have done all of the blood work, genetic testing, etc. We are starting with Provera to jump start my period, then she is having me take birth control for a month, we will then start injections. Unsure at this point exactly what medications, before we do the egg retrieval.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Very knowledgeable Always helpful and able to answer questions. They treat you like a human being and each case is different, don't compare to other patients or treat you like any other person.
I have been so comfortable each appointment. She even comes out to the waiting room to bring you back to her office. She seems very informed of my history and is able to keep in contact with me often.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Tanna )
She is always available. I have been able to reach her by phone or email and she is able to get back to me the same day. Very informative of the process and next steps
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
My first appointment with her I was surprised at how much of my information she had already reviewed based on the packet I filled out prior to my first appointment. She had some really good questions and suggestions and I felt very comfortable with her. She also seemed very knowledgeable about different treatment options and helped us determine what was best for us.
She is very welcoming and the office staff is super friendly and helpful.
We have some insurance coverage but total will be about $11,000
The clinic has a lot of success with single embryo transfers. This is something we discussed and determined eSET would be best for me. She was not pushy at all, this was a decision my husband and I made before even going into appointment
San Ramon

Dr. Reid-Pittinger is very friendly and easy to talk to. She never made us feel rushed and answered all questions. She was always familiar with me as a patient and I always felt like I was in great care...The San Jose office of RSC is small so it is easy to get to know the staff. Suzi at the front is so welcoming and warm. They are very good at drawing blood and are open early. I almost never waited more than a minute for my morning blood draws. The sonographers are all warm and seem experienced.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Carla Roa )
The nurses make most of the phone calls to let you know about changes and plans. They have a very specific schedule so you know when you will hear from them. They also have a secure email system so send everything by email as well. I had a 2 nurse team and they were both great.
Dr Pittenger-Reid is a very positive Doctor, which I think is very helpful during fertility treatment. She always made me feel like things were going well. When they didn't during our first cycle, she was compassionate, but still very positive in looking ahead. She makes her decisions driven by science and is great at explaining everything. When I had extra questions she was quick to call to answer all of them.
The group is a large group and all procedures are done in San Ramon. Depending on your cycle and schedule, she may not do your procedures, but all of Doctors I met were great.
I had insurance so this is not relevant
San Jose

I've felt confident in our care throughout and highly recommend RSC [Reproductive Science Center] Orinda and Dr. Rosenbluth...The nursing staff and care coordinator have been excellent. They have been communicative and professional at each interaction. Our care coordinator has at times seemed very busy and is often difficult to reach over the phone, but she is generally responsive with email.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I think I've largely summed up our experience. I've felt confident in our care throughout and highly recommend RSC Orinda and Dr. Rosenbluth.
Dr. Rosenbluth has been consistently thoughtful, clear and communicative. From our first consultation he provided thorough explanations of our options, guided us and was very receptive to questions. There were several unexpected things that came up in our cycle and each time he displayed flexibility and willingness to listen to our position. He's also just been incredibly kind, which goes a long way during a process as stressful as fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Meredith Fisher)
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
I've already done this. See previous question.
I would work with Dr. Rosenbluth again without reservations.
Because we opted for genetic testing, we used Lupron prior to our retrieval and are looking forward to a FET. We were prescribed Gonal F and Menopur during the stim cycle. In preparation for our FET we used oral estradiol and progesterone injections.
We chose to use the Attain program, so have had very little experience with the billing department at RSC. As a result, the cost of our treatment is not applicable to people who are paying per cycle.
Orinda

RSC is a wonderful clinic,and the front desk ladies are treasures. My one complaint is that procedures aren't performed in the Orinda office...I was not really a fan of Meredith. She took a long time to respond, she wasn't clear with her answers, and she was not warm. When she was busy and I dealt with different case managers, I found them much kinder. I preferred pretty much every other nurse to her....There was some mix up re calling in the antibiotic before my HSG.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is a wonderful clinic,and the front desk ladies are treasures. My one complaint is that procedures aren't performed in the Orinda office; I had to go all the way to San Ramon. It would also be nice if the Orinda office was open on the weekends.
He was incredibly warm and friendly, sharing anecdotes about his own family. He was also the perfect balance of encouraging and straightforward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Meredith)
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth is amazing. He listens, and is warm, accessible and clear. Other Drs at RSC are accessible only via your case manager, but I was able to (and did) email him directly when I had questions, and he always responded fairly promptly. When I had my chemical pregnancy, he managed my expectations very well, and adequately prepared me for what would happen.
Email him with any questions, he'll respond!
Mine was pretty straightforward, IUI with no drugs. When we first started we missed ovulation b/c I never got a positive on my opk, so he moved up when I should come in and we caught it the next couple of times.
I honestly don't remember. I know that none of it was covered by insurance. I believe that for both iui cycles, it was under 5k. perhaps 3k?

2013
To date I am waiting for my full HSG report. I need this for my next doctor. They [RSC- San Ramon] can't seem to find it....There is something fundamentally wrong with a "center" concept. Women need a one-on-one feeling. It's not fun talking about making a baby with 10 different staff members throughout one week. This does not bring warmth to my womb. No warmth, no life.... Drugs were covered under my insurance. The cost of IVF were typical for California.
2013
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
She smiled a lot and was very gentle when it came to doing my HSG. She was very upbeat.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: DevRonne Houston)
She was sweet but sounded monotone and uninspired, almost like the clinic was holding her hostage. Everything felt very legally binding when speaking with her. It left me with a cold feeling. I felt like a trial.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Mary Hinckley is running a very busy office. Although she is very warm and compassionate, it would have been nice if she was more educated with expert excision treatment of endometriosis versus the ablation surgical methodology and what pros and cons were to get pregnant before versus after surgery. A more detailed report of the health and shape of my uterus would have been nice to have from my HSG she performed.
You have to be an advocate for yourself and ask all the questions. Educate her on your body and things she may not know.
She stresses using fresh sperm and baby dancing every other day. We tried Femara twice I believe with no results. I had one blocked tube and decided to get surgery for endometriosis. RSC does not really deal with endometriosis and how it effects pregnancy.
2005 - 2012
Very positive experience [with Reproductive Science Center]. Patients need to be very well versed on what, if anything their insurance covers. Office did a great job working with me and my insurance , but I had to be proactive. Insurance companies are all different, with Varied coverage. I didn’t expect office to know everything about my coverage, but they fought for what I was covered for!
2005 - 2012
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Very positive experience. Patients need to be very well versed on what, if anything their insurance covers. Office did a great job working with me and my insurance , but I had to be proactive. Insurance companies are all different, with Varied coverage. I didn’t expect office to know everything about my coverage, but they fought for what I was covered for!
He was kind, respectful, and always cautiously optimistic. Never made promises, was realistic.
Very informed and did a fantastic job on training is in giving injections. Always returned calls quickly.
How was your experience with Louis Weckstein at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Weckstein is an extremely kind man. He is knowledgeable and builds a relationship through excellent communication and sharing of information. He was not pushy at all, and I never felt talked down to or treated in a condescending manner, like I have with other medical specialists. He is a humble man, easy to talk to, quick to respond to questions and concerns.
To trust him, he is a very good doctor and cares deeply about his patients.
On our third and final IVF cycle, he gave us the option of transferring 4 embryos, as he stated they were perfect. He didn’t push, but left it up to us. We chose to transfer all four. One took, and we have a beautiful girl! In the two previous cycles, we unsuccessfully transferred 3 embryos.
Our insurance covered all IUI, and all of the IVF, except for the medication.
We were Very well educated in the risks of a multi-embryo transfers.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Most communication is done through email, but results are given over the phone. On weekends you go to the San Ramon [Reproductive Science Center] office. All of the doctors and nurses are great there as well. The staff is all great. I would highly recommend this clinic. ... For ivf we did a 2 treatment package through attain for ~$25k. Our IUIs were less than $300 each cycle. ... I worked with many nurses during my treatments. They were all very friendly and compassionate.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Most communication is done through email, but results are given over the phone. On weekends you go to the San Ramon office. All of the doctors and nurses are great there as well. The staff is all great. I would highly recommend this clinic.
Dr Homer really cares about his patients and is extremely invested in their care. He has the best bed-side manner. He will always make time to consult with me and explain our odds and the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Salina)
Dr Homer is very compassionate. He is a great communicator, able to explain details in full. He is also very honest with your chances and recommended treatments. He has also performed two surgeries in effort to determine the cause of my unexplained infertility.
Go see him!
We did 3 egg retrievals with different meds. The first 2 cycles were cancelled and the last didn’t result in any embryos on day 5. Meds used were gonal f, cetrotide, menopur, lupron, ovidrel, etc. Half the IUI cycles used clomid and the other half used letrazole. I also used progesterone suppositories.
San Jose

The clinic setting is nice [Reproductive Science Center]. The nurses are very good. The administration is sometimes not as organized as it could be. They don't always pay close enough attention. ... Leti [nurse] was wonderful. She was very responsive and organized. She kept me informed. She always responded promptly to emails. She was very friendly and compassionate. ... I did one unmedicated IUI
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic setting is nice. The nurses are very good. The administration is sometimes not as organized as it could be. They don't always pay close enough attention. For example, I generally ovulate early. They have a protocol to come in on day 12 for an ultrasound, but when I came in, I probably had already ovulated. They should have had me come in earlier in my cycle.
The doctor was very friendly and nice. However, they have a standard day for when to come in for an ultrasound before IUI. They didn't take into account that my cycle is short and I ovulate early. As such, I think we missed the day I ovulated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Leti)
Leti was wonderful. She was very responsive and organized. She kept me informed. She always responded promptly to emails. She was very friendly and compassionate.
How was your experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
She is very knowledgable. She is a likeable person. I don't think she adequately prepared for our appointment, though. For example, she looked at my genetic testing results and said a had a "very common" genetic disorder. There are actually two forms of the disorder and the one I carry is the uncommon one.
I did one unmedicated IUI
IUI $880 including ultrasounds
Orinda

7 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
You will be treated like a human being with the priceless desire to have children. You will not be treated like a number or paycheck. Clinic [RSC] will cover the emotional and medical questions you may have with expertise, anything they do not know, they will refer you and manage the referral responses with utmost professionalism.... Amazing staff, doctoral care, attention to detail, warmth, precision, wherewithal, expertise.
7 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
You will be treated like a human being with the priceless desire to have children. You will not be treated like a number or paycheck. Clinic will cover the emotional and medical questions you may have with expertise, anything they do not know, they will refer you and manage the referral responses with utmost professionalism.
DevRonne could be the head physician at some of the clinics we have sought care from.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Mary understands the extreme emotional and physical connection to a very difficult process and communicates the medical, psychological, spiritual and scientific aspects in a manner that is tailored to our unique situation. Exceptional doctor.
Let her guide you. Most doctors rely on the patients desires/decisions... she will guide you based on your needs/desires.
Can't recommend specifics other than Mary was extremely adaptable to the daily even hourly changes, needs for documentation/blood work, etc. On top of the process which can be down to the hour on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Some injections were donated at a discount.
none