1098 Foster City Boulevard
Orinda, CA 94563
San Ramon
100 Park Place
San Ramon, CA 94583

Dr. Reid highly recommended a single embryo transfer. On my final visit with her when graduating...the last thing she said to me was, "If you come back for more, put them in one at a time."...She delivered information and answers to questions very succinctly and professionally, yet delivered information in a caring and concerned manner. She always asked, even after many questions and answers had been exchanged, if there were any further questions. She made me feel good each and every visit. I felt a connection to her as if we could have been very good friends in another life.
Laura [nurse at Reproductive Science Center] was organized and clear in all communication (written and verbal). Even though I'm sure her caseload was extensive during the time of my treatment, she always responded quickly and treated me with great care. She sent me notes and left voice messages of congratulations and joy when we had successes along the way such as a great retrieval outcome, PGT results, and positive pregnancy outcome.
How was your experience with Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Reid was incredible. I felt at ease in every situation with her during the initial consultation in her office, testing visits, operations, and our frozen embryo transfer. I always felt cared for. I fully trusted her treatment protocol was specific to my body. I was sorry to say goodbye to Dr. Reid when we graduated from RSC after our successful transfer. I am 21 weeks along and will always be grateful to Dr. Reid and RSC for our little girl.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
Ask lots of questions. She will answer every one of them completely, and that will make you feel more knowledgeable and at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Reid was very warm and generous of her time each and every visit. She delivered information and answers to questions very succinctly and professionally, yet delivered information in a caring and concerned manner. She always asked, even after many questions and answers had been exchanged, if there were any further questions. She made me feel good each and every visit. I felt a connection to her as if we could have been very good friends in another life.
Describe the protocols Sara Pittenger-Reid used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
I stimulated for 8 days with 150 units of Gonal F and 150 units of Menopur. I used a Lupron trigger, which I questioned Dr. Reid about. I was concerned Lupron would not yield a good quality egg retrieval outcome, but she assured me this was the correct trigger choice for my body (to avoid OHSS). All of my follicles yielded an egg. 18 eggs were retrieved. 12 fertilized (ICSI). 6 made it to blastocyst and were frozen. 4 of these embryos were PGT normal. We transfered one embryo 2 months following my retrieval. My first baby--a girl is currently 21 weeks gestation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Appling Rueckheim)
Laura was organized and clear in all communication (written and verbal). Even though I'm sure her caseload was extensive during the time of my treatment, she always responded quickly and treated me with great care. She sent me notes and left voice messages of congratulations and joy when we had successes along the way such as a great retrieval outcome, PGT results, and positive pregnancy outcome.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is a well oiled machine. They handle everything beyond efficiently, from scheduling to billing to office operations. I live 2 hours away from Dr. Reid's Foster City clinic location, so I would often go to the slightly closer Los Gatos clinic for monitoring appointments. On weekend monitoring appoints and for procedures I went to the San Ramon clinic. During visits to all 3 of these clinics I came in contact with nothing short of amazing doctors, nurses, and staff. I always felt like my time was respected and I was treated like a person. I felt that everyone was in my corner every step of the way. I live in the Monterey area and drove many hours to appointments during my treatment. It was worth every hour, mile, and penny to be in the hands of RSC.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center.
$16,100: egg retrieval workup and procedure costs for freeze-all cycle $3,200: stimulation drugs $1,500: PGT testing $4,300: frozen transfer workup and procedure $410: post-transfer injectibles $25,510 (TOTAL)
Describe Sara Pittenger-Reid's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Reid highly recommended a single embryo transfer. On my final visit with her when graduating from RSC, the last thing she said to me was, "If you come back for more, put them in one at a time.".
Foster City
She [Dr. Pittenger-Reid] will work with you to find a tailored approach...When the first round of IVF stimulation didn't produce as many eggs as hoped for, Dr. Pittenger-Reid was proactive in suggesting a new drug protocol for the second round... said that she nearly always only recommends elective single embryo transfer, over transferring multiple embryos...always did an excellent job of explaining the procedures and risks involved. She was warm and caring everytime my partner or I spoke with her, and went above and beyond to talk with us by phone and in-person when we had questions or concerns throughout the process.
Laura, the nurse and case manager [at Reproductive Science Center], was highly responsive and a good communicator. She would often call with information and then follow up the call with typed instructions via the patient portal, to which I could always refer. She showed empathy throughout the process and is clearly passionate about assisting patients with what can be a highly emotional process...We used a third-party guarantee/refund multi-cycle package that cost roughly $35,000 upfront but covered 2 cycles and would refund 50% if no baby. This was an easy process as all billing from the clinic then went through the company with which we were contracted for the multi-cycle package. Genetic testing, embryo shipping for genetic testing, and prescriptions were additional fees paid to other third parties.
Dr. Pittenger-Reid was very helpful in crafting an IVF strategy and explained things every step of the way. She was flexible when we didn't get as strong of a result as hoped for and tailored the protocol during the process. She is clearly passionate about her specialty and shows genuine empathy and compassion for her patients. I appreciate that she called me directly when there was news to share, rather than having my case manager simply type a response through the patient portal (which could've left questions unanswered). When it was clear that we needed to change course, Dr. Pittenger-Reid was proactive in coming up with another course of action. When other unanticipated things came up, she was communicative.
Don't be afraid to share your full medical history with Dr. Pittenger-Reid. She will work with you to find a tailored approach.
Dr. Pittenger-Reid always did an excellent job of explaining the procedures and risks involved. She was warm and caring everytime my partner or I spoke with her, and went above and beyond to talk with us by phone and in-person when we had questions or concerns throughout the process.
When the first round of IVF stimulation didn't produce as many eggs as hoped for, Dr. Pittenger-Reid was proactive in suggesting a new drug protocol for the second round. First round included Gonal-F, Menopur, and Ganirelix with Lupron for the trigger. Subsequent round included Micro-dose Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur, with Novarel as the trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Rueckheim)
Laura, the nurse and case manager, was highly responsive and a good communicator. She would often call with information and then follow up the call with typed instructions via the patient portal, to which I could always refer. She showed empathy throughout the process and is clearly passionate about assisting patients with what can be a highly emotional process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Everyone at RSC Bay Area seems to communicate with one another and work well together. While my primary physician did not perform the procedures on me, the attending doctors knew my background and were compassionate and skilled. When a mistake was made initially with my insurance, the clinic bent over backwards to correct it. One possible issue for some patients is that all procedures (retrieval and transfer) are done at the San Ramon location. Also, all weekend monitoring visits are at the San Ramon location, which can be far for some patients to drive, especially if the monitoring appointment is at or before 8:00am. However, it is nice to know that eggs/embryos are not being transfered to different locations and that there is a centralized location for anything beyond "routine" visits.
Dr. Pittenger-Reid said that she nearly always only recommends elective single embryo transfer, over transferring multiple embryos. This may differ with patient age, but if you are in your 30s, the clinic will likely only transfer one embryo. However, with the use of preimplantation genetic testing, the embryo that is selected for transfer is very likely to be healthy and to implant.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Sara [Pittenger-Reid] is a good doctor. She has good bed side manners. Very patient nature. She agreed to accommodate me for IUI treatment when no doctor was available the day my IUI was to be performed...After my negative pregnancy test I never received any change of protocol. I would have appreciated if I was told what best can be done for my case. But unfortunately that did not happen...Clomid on day 3 of cycle for next 5 days. Ovulation ultrasound 2 days prior to IUI treatment. Ovidrel 250 mcg subcutaneously 2 days prior to IUI. the protocol was done to help increase chances of getting successful. IUI treatment. But resulted in negative pregnancy.
I was really surprised to see the apathy of the staff at San Ramon office [of Reproductive Science Center] when I was informed I cannot have a doctor for my treatment. So a clinical assistant will perform my treatment. I had to request many times to provide me a doctor for my treatment. So finally Dr. Sara agreed to perform my IUI, since she was the doctor who had done my initial consultation. As a patient this is a emotional and financially draining journey and we expect the treatment to be performed by a specialist. Since all their other doctors are busy with surgeries on a day does not mean the treatment can be done by an assistant.
Dr. Sara is good. But I believe if she would have taken more interest in my case. After my negative pregnancy test I never received any change of protocol. I would have appreciated if I was told what best can be done for my case. But unfortunately that did not happen.
Please take more interest in the patients cases. And give them a convincing plan and help patients with their dream of a baby. It is a very emotional journey.
Dr. Sara is a good doctor. She has good bed side manners. Very patient nature. She agreed to accommodate me for IUI treatment when no doctor was available the day my IUI was to be performed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Marlen)
Nurse really lacked proper communication. I had to follow up every time for my case. I was really shocked when I knew that my IUI will be performed by a Clinical Assistant since no doctor was available for my day. I had to request to get me a doctor for my treatment. Staff is good and approachable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The front desk is nice and helpful. The clinic is clean and well maintained. There were few patients before me on the day of treatment and everyone was addressed as per their calendar. New patients should always ask the protocol which will be used for their treatment. Please ask many questions.
For IUI it was $1300. This included the pre-cycle monitoring. But medicines, shots, blood work was all separate.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
I was really surprised to see the apathy of the staff at San Ramon office when I was informed I cannot have a doctor for my treatment. So a clinical assistant will perform my treatment. I had to request many times to provide me a doctor for my treatment. So finally Dr. Sara agreed to perform my IUI, since she was the doctor who had done my initial consultation. As a patient this is a emotional and financially draining journey and we expect the treatment to be performed by a specialist. Since all their other doctors are busy with surgeries on a day does not mean the treatment can be done by an assistant.
Foster City
She [Dr. Pittenger-Reid] didn't know her own stats in terms of success, couldn't point us to specific reasons for decisions beyond "usually" and "probably fine..." ... We found her indifference to doing a dna fragmentation test on my husband's sperm with a known varicocele ridiculous. ... it was this general indifference and lack of knowledge about the grading of my eggs pre-ICSI (she hadn't even checked before our wtf conversation, had no idea if I had an egg quality issue) that sent us right out the door.
Multiple locations and obviously very hardworking staff. I enjoyed the support staff, always. However, they're hard to get ahold of sometimes. ... Emails to billing can languish for weeks before they actually get you the thing they said they would. FYI I have heard there are other, more 'pushy' doctors at RSC that I would probably have enjoyed more. ... Marlen [nurse] is a lovely and kind person, but her emails often rambled and left me confused.
Dr. Reid is wonderful to talk to and I bet makes a great friend. However, as a doctor, we found her to be almost lazy in her approach. She didn't know her own stats in terms of success, couldn't point us to specific reasons for decisions beyond "usually" and "probably fine..." My partner is a scientist and Dr. Reid made us realize what we wanted was an active, curious doctor who revels in data and is up on the latest research. If that's you, steer clear of Dr. Reid. However, if you're the sort who doesn't want to know reasons for things or dive into information, she'd be great.
I'd say I'd only go to her for IUI, and not if you're curious about potential diagnostic issues that haven't been discovered yet.
Dr. Reid is extremely personable and kind.
antagonist protocol with Gonal F and Menopur for stimming- and a fairly high does, I think Menopur was 450. Cetrotide for hanging onto eggs and a regular trigger.
Marlen is a lovely and kind person, but her emails often rambled and left me confused. Again, we're a pretty Type A couple when in IVF, we've learned-- and her emails kind of wandered. Same with phone calls. At the end of them I was always like: wait, so what do you need again? Really all I wanted was a bulleted list of things to do. Later, Marlen was out on vacation and a super baller detailed nurse (I think named Lauren) filled in and she was much more my speed. If you go here, ask for Lauren!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Multiple locations and obviously very hardworking staff. I enjoyed the support staff, always. However, they're hard to get ahold of sometimes. Once, a nurse called me with instructions the day before my retrieval and when I called back with a follow-up question, no one returned my call. Emails to billing can languish for weeks before they actually get you the thing they said they would. FYI I have heard there are other, more 'pushy' doctors at RSC that I would probably have enjoyed more. One last thing: We found her indifference to doing a dna fragmentation test on my husband's sperm with a known varicocele ridiculous. Some other clinics say it's a freaking mandatory test, especially with a varicocele. An SA test only shows how the sperm *looks*, not how it is, and it was this general indifference and lack of knowledge about the grading of my eggs pre-ICSI (she hadn't even checked before our wtf conversation, had no idea if I had an egg quality issue) that sent us right out the door.
A cycle was $15,000 plus $4000 for meds. They've just raised their prices.
She preferred single transfer, but we never got that far as our cycle resulted in just one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
At retrieval, we were told someone would call us between 8-9 a.m. on day 3. When no one called, I was practically hyperventilating. Dr. Reid eventually called back to my message of "oh God is everything okay" and she was clearly annoyed with me, kept talking over me by saying they don't call on day 3 anymore. That's great for her, but since we were obviously told the wrong thing by someone at retrieval, you'd think she'd have been a little more understanding and less annoyed with the phone call. fwiw, I didn't need a phone call from her at that point, just a nurse calling saying "oh I'm so sorry, someone misspoke, we'll call you X day" would have been enough. Instead I was irritated by her irritation, and then the release of "oh good the eggs are okay so far" rush had me in tears at the end of the call. Way to make a mistake feel way worse.
Foster City
Dr Reid, individually was awesome. She seemed really genuine and easy-going. She listened to us and validated our concerns. I felt like she was invested in us and truly wanted to see us succeed. I wish that I loved the rest of her office staff as much as I enjoyed her...We did 3 induced ovulation and 2 IUIs using letrazole and an Hcg trigger shot...we felt very supported and able to have a candid conversation. She took her time and did not rush us.
A few times I was told [by staff at Reproductive Science Center] that I would be contacted by the end of the day with instructions about time sensitive meds, and was never called. I ended up have to call my nurse coordinator off hours to get instructions. I also sent them a medical release waiver when I changed providers and they never sent over my medical records...Clinic is nice and new with a comfortable waiting area. It was a peaceful environment but several team members were borderline rude. One of the phlebotomists seemed irritated frequently. The US techs were really nice and friendly.
I really loved working with Dr Reid, it was just her support staff that I didn’t really trust. The communication was poor and several times I was told “well call you by the end of the day with instructions for meds tonight” and I didn’t get a call, so missed instructions for time sensitive meds. So you must be proactive with the support staff, call them, don’t wait for them to call you.
When we met with Dr Reid we felt very supported and able to have a candid conversation. She took her time and did not rush us. She seemed very down to earth and easy to relate to. Once treatment started we didn’t see her or hear from her again until my 5th “not pregnant” pregnancy test. We only dealt with our nurse coordinator and office staff after our initial consult.
We did 3 induced ovulation and 2 IUIs using letrazole and an Hcg trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Ruckheim)
Laura seemed organized but she wasn’t always patient with me. I felt like she interrupted me frequently and sometimes gave me an attitude.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
My insurance covered diagnostics. I think an induced ovulation cycle was about $200 and and IUI was about $800
Mandatory
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
A few times I was told that I would be contacted by the end of the day with instructions about time sensitive meds, and was never called. I ended up have to call my nurse coordinator off hours to get instructions. I also sent them a medical release waiver when I changed providers and they never sent over my medical records.
Foster City
Dr Reid has quite a gentle bed-side manner... Limited access to her. Aside from initial consultation, will only see her at egg retrieval (if scheduling fits) and embryo transfer (if I specifically schedule it for a day that she works at my site.)... Most appointments are with nurses except for the initial consultation and major procedures like egg retrieval and embryo transfer. (Even these are not necessarily with your primary doctor depending on scheduling.)
I found the exclusive use of email and voicemails to communicate with my nurse care coordinator off-putting....Most appointments [Reproductive Science Center] are with nurses except for the initial consultation and major procedures like egg retrieval and embryo transfer. (Even these are not necessarily with your primary doctor depending on scheduling.)... * well oiled machine * competitive pricing - especially stacked against bigger names
Quite kind, delicate and quiet bedside manner. Limited access to her. Aside from initial consultation, will only see her at egg retrieval (if scheduling fits) and embryo transfer (if I specifically schedule it for a day that she works at my site.)
* do all your homework ahead of time. It'll help you not feel lost in the process. * do not expect undue hand-holding. You won't be seeing the doctor very often.
Mixed bag. Most appointments are with nurses except for the initial consultation and major procedures like egg retrieval and embryo transfer. (Even these are not necessarily with your primary doctor depending on scheduling.) Most of the personnel are quite kind, but it's obvious you're just the umpteenth person trying to conceive that has paraded before them. Dr Reid has quite a gentle bed-side manner, which is appreciated. Yet the parade of different medical professionals I see at appointments does not feel very human focused. It's a very well run machine, though.
antagonistic w/ lupron trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
* well oiled machine * competitive pricing - especially stacked against bigger names such as Stanford/UCSF * you'll mostly be treated kindly by a parade of different care providers you'll barely know. * the process is dehumanizing but not demoralizing.
$ 7,500 ivf w/ icsi $4000 - frozen embryo transfer $1000 embryo freezing $1500 PGS
eSET strongly encouraged by doctor (especially with PGS tested embryos) and advised or increased complications during twin pregnancies.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Reid is very personable and when I speak with her she always makes me feel like she has my care in her hands... Dr Reid works with a great te if doctors and they all took great care of me through both of my retrievals. I appreciate Dr. Reid and her guidance throughout the IVF process and our journey to have a baby.... After retrieval I had myectomy to remove fibroids and hysteroscopy to removed scarring. Next step is mock transfer then FET transfer.
We applied for a double retrieval and paid $36k. We opted for PGS testing which was a separate cost of about $4k. Medicine/hormones were also an additional cost of about $10k.... Laura [Reproductive Science Center - Foster City] made all of my appointments fit my work schedule. I had a favorite sonographer (I can’t remember her name) but she was the best! She took the time to explain what she saw in my ultrasounds. I loved every time I had her and would ask to have her for each ultrasound if she was at my location and on schedule.
Ask a lot of questions. Ask about the different options. Be open to Dr. Reid’s advice. Be sure to weigh out your options before making any decisions.
The very first cycle started with bcp protocol before starting stimulating hormones but that didn’t work because I developed an ovarian cyst and so we skipped a cycle until cyst disappeared. The 2nd cycle I started with estrogen priming. I was on stimulating hormones for 14 days. My first retrieval yielded 14 follicles, 8 fertilized, 5 made it to blastocyst, 5 sent for PGS testing, all came back abnormal. The 3rd cycle was exactly the same as the 2nd except I I had 17 follicles, 10 fertilized, 5 made it blastocyst, 3 sent for PGS testing, 1 embryo came back normal. After retrieval I had myectomy to remove fibroids and hysteroscopy to removed scarring. Next step is mock transfer then FET transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Applinger)
Laura made all of my appointments fit my work schedule. I had a favorite sonographer (I can’t remember her name) but she was the best! She took the time to explain what she saw in my ultrasounds. I loved every time I had her and would ask to have her for each ultrasound if she was at my location and on schedule.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Be on time. Be respectful and kind to the employees. They are here to help you on this journey. Be honest, open and most of all patient. The journey of infertility and IUI/IVF is an emotional one.
Dr Reid will only do a single embryo transfer because of the removal uterine fibroids.
Treated 2016 - 2017
She's [Dr. Pittenger-Reid] very thoughtful and comprehensive in her thinking. She tries to set expectations and gives some rationales when things don't go as plan. She's willing to think outside the box and incorporate ideas from other physicians within her practice as well as from her previous clinics and any research you bring in. She may not always follow or endorse things, but she's willing to consider it and give a rationale why she thinks it will or won't be beneficial in this scenario.
You don't get a ton of face time with your doctor [at Reproductive Science Center] . You may or not see them at all once your cycle starts. However, every physician with whom I've interacted has been kind, reassuring, and competent....12k for ivf (not including meds) 17k for freeze all with PGS (not including meds)...I was verbally told they were drawing a beta when my period was a week late (getting ready to start a cycle), but only drew estrogen and progesterone.
She's very thoughtful and comprehensive in her thinking. She tries to set expectations and gives some rationales when things don't go as plan. She's willing to think outside the box and incorporate ideas from other physicians within her practice as well as from her previous clinics and any research you bring in. She may not always follow or endorse things, but she's willing to consider it and give a rationale why she thinks it will or won't be beneficial in this scenario.
Become friends with your nurse, who will be your primary point of contact.
She's kind, thoughtful, and funny. It feels as though she cares if you're pregnant-- not just for her success rates but because she wants to help grow families.
We started with an estrogen priming antagonist with hgh protocol and that cycle was converted to iui due to lack of synchronization. Then we went to micro dose Lupron with hgh and had a chemical pregnancy (11R, 8M, 4F, transferred 2 at day 3, nothing to freeze). We did some further work up to make sure we weren't missing anything. Our next cycle would be a micros dose Lupron with hgh again, but was canceled at baseline due to a cyst. Final cycle was exactly like the second (MDL with HGH). We had 8 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilize, 7 fabulous at day 3, all gone by day 5. Nothing to transfer or freeze. While she does not know why we don't make blasts, she's not pushing us to cycle again. She assumes it's poor egg quality as all sperm tests came back completely normal (including DNA frag). She's now recommending donor eggs or donor sperm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
Sandra is prompt on responses, and gives great updates. Sometimes it's frustrating to have questions be filtered through her-- it's hard to get an answer "straight from the horse's mouth", but Sandra does a great job interpreting answers.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
You don't get a ton of face time with your doctor. You may or not see them at all once your cycle starts. However, every physician with whom I've interacted has been kind, reassuring, and competent.
They prefer eSET, but we transferred 2 day 3 embryos. I'm not sure what they would have said if we had gotten to day 5 blasts or had any left to freeze in our case.

Investment Banker
Dr Reid was amazing throughout this process. We started our treatment with IUI and after 2 unsuccessul rounds we wanted to change courses. Dr. Reid throughly explained our other options and supported us with all options. She was neutral throughout the decision making process and did not push us one way or the other.... She made sure to schedule us on a day when she was doing embryo transfers so we could see her familiar face. At every step of our journey she impressed us with her compassion for what we were going through and knowledge of her field!
he clinic [Reproductive Science Center] is very well organized. All the nurses and staff are very friendly and willing to answer questions. When we started each different course of treatment (IUI vs IVF) we were required to watch videos explaining the treatment. At first I was a bit resentful of having to watch videos about our treatment but they were actually very educational and helpful! The only drawback of this location is that although M-F I was seen at the Foster City location, you have to go to their main location in San Ramon on weekends and holidays. That location is very nice though so all in all not a bad drawback.
Dr Reid was amazing throughout this process. We started our treatment with IUI and after 2 unsuccessul rounds we wanted to change courses. Dr. Reid throughly explained our other options and supported us with all options. She was neutral throughout the decision making process and did not push us one way or the other. We ended up choosing to do IVF and were so happy we did. She was kind and patient with all of our many questions and helped us understand what to expect along the way. She made sure to schedule us on a day when she was doing embryo transfers so we could see her familiar face. At every step of our journey she impressed us with her compassion for what we were going through and knowledge of her field! We are now expecting a healthy baby boy and are thrilled with our decision to seek treatment from Dr. Reid.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is very well organized. All the nurses and staff are very friendly and willing to answer questions. When we started each different course of treatment (IUI vs IVF) we were required to watch videos explaining the treatment. At first I was a bit resentful of having to watch videos about our treatment but they were actually very educational and helpful! The only drawback of this location is that although M-F I was seen at the Foster City location, you have to go to their main location in San Ramon on weekends and holidays. That location is very nice though so all in all not a bad drawback.
We had an insurance benefit through Progeny and Dr. Reid's clinic was one of the clinics they recommended and was covered through our insurance benefit.
Dr. Reid explained that they support eSET in most cases especially ours. After understanding the risks that accompany multiples I can understand their support of this practice.
Treated 2015 - 2016
From our very first appointment, my husband and I felt like we understood the plan Dr. Reid had for us. Any questions we had were answered clearly and completely. Throughout my treatment she was there to answer any questions quickly for us and we never felt like we were wandering blindly. We lost our twins from our first transfer at 23 weeks, and truly felt like she cared for us and them, going as far as providing us with some information about what happened so that we could understand th medical side better. We started our FET protocol 3 months later and she was so supportive and helpful. We could not have asked for a better doctor.
There are multiple doctors at this clinic [RSC-Foster City], with multiple locations. They have a main office located in East Bay, where all of their procedures and done. This means that your primary doctor may not be the one to do your egg retrieval or transfer. This wasn’t a worry for us, all of the doctors were wonderful to us, but may be to some. Dr Reid was able to schedule our FET when she would be working in the clinic, which as lovely.
The same as I would tell anyone considering fertility treatments, ask questions. Lots of questions. Do you own research and understand what you are putting your body through.
She provided my husband and I with answers for any questions we had, support when needed, was there for us 100% of the way through our treatments. We truly felt like she was rooting for us. Further to that, when we lost our twins (23 weeks into my first pregnancy from our fresh cycle) she truly cared and tried to help us find a reason, even though she didn’t need to.
I don’t remember much about our fresh cycle, only that I had a great response to all of the medications I was given and my body produced plenty of healthy eggs. I did have nausea as a side effect, but in my opinion, that was par for the course. My egg retrieval went very well, 21 eggs retrieved and ICSI was used to inseminate. Because of poor sperm quality we had 4 good quality embryos, 2 of which were transferred on day 5, while 2 were frozen. The two that were transferred, resulted in perfectly healthy boy/girl twins. Unfortunately, due to preterm labor and rupture, they were born far too early at 23 weeks. We began FET protocol roughly 3 month later, once I was cleared by my OB. I was on estrogen to suppress my ovaries and boost my lining. I was also started on progesterone suppositories but switched to progesterone in oil shots, as I was finding the mess from the suppositories too much. My Frozen embryo transfer resulted in a healthy baby girl, born at 39 weeks exactly.
Laura is an incredible communicator and quickly returns phone calls. She answers questions easily and will quickly get back to you if she is unsure of an answer. She also did our injection class and the information she provided was so helpful and made our nightly injections go so much smoother. She is compassionate and caring and incredibly excited for us during our cycles and subsequent pregnancies.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
There are multiple doctors at this clinic, with multiple locations. They have a main office located in East Bay, where all of their procedures and done. This means that your primary doctor may not be the one to do your egg retrieval or transfer. This wasn’t a worry for us, all of the doctors were wonderful to us, but may be to some. Dr Reid was able to schedule our FET when she would be working in the clinic, which as lovely.
Single transfer was much more preferred by Dr Reid, using multiple transfers for specific reasons such as egg and/or embryo quality and maternal age. She explained that multiple pregnancies come with high risks that need to be weighed out carefully.
Treated 2017
Dr. Reid is incredibly thorough. She helped me stay calm and positive. I really appreciated her honest approach and proactivity. She really cares about you as a person and help to dispel my self diagnostic fears...Dr. Pittinger-Reid is fantastic. She is patient, and very calm, cool, and collected. She is happy to answer questions, and understands that this can be emotionally and physically demanding.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Science Center] is okay. Not as communicative as I would have liked. I think sometimes they forget this is new for most patients, and we need a lot of guidance and coaching...My initial intake paperwork was misplaced, and I had to send it in a second time...The physical building in foster city is nearly impossible to find. There's virtually no signage and I had to ask multiple people to help me find it.
Be as open and honest as possible. It's not always an easy subject to broach, but it's important that your physician has all of the information, even if you think it's not pertinent.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Science Center.
The nursing staff is okay. Not as communicative as I would have liked. I think sometimes they forget this is new for most patients, and we need a lot of guidance and coaching.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I felt like a human when 1) the doctor[Dr. Pittenger-Reid] made it a point to answer all my questions without hurrying me along. I felt like a number because 1) I’ve seen the doctor exactly 4 times for an entire cycle of Egg retrieval, frozen embryo transfer and anembryonic gestation leading to miscarriage. ... 2) Chasing after bloodwork results. 3) the patronizing manner in which my meds were changed for the 2nd cycle without consulting me and the nurse coordinator using a decade old article to fob me off when I’d read NIH papers from the past few years that clearly refute the article.
RSC is a well run machine. There won’t be too many blatantly unprofessional scenarios. But like most establishments, there is a patronizing undertone. I still haven’t seen bills from my past cycle. So I don’t know if I overpaid or have a balance going into cycle 2. I only get to see the doctor a view times. The vast majority of interactions is with the nurse coordinator. ... Nobody informed me of chanfebin drug protocol for second stim cycle until I noticed it in the prescription and asked them about it. ...
Good communicator and very compassionate and delicate bedside manner, which is very much appreciated. Not rigorous in terms providing data to back up protocol adjustments. Had not read the latest NIH papers regarding one of the additions to my stim cycle.
Do your own homework. You won’t be told the ugly naked truth and unless you do your own homework, you won’t know what questions to ask and might be surprised by the outcome.
I felt like a human when 1) the doctor made it a point to answer all my questions without hurrying me along. I felt like a number because 1) I’ve seen the doctor exactly 4 times for an entire cycle of Egg retrieval, frozen embryo transfer and anembryonic gestation leading to miscarriage. Both the FET and polyectomy were done with other doctors due to scheduling. 2) Chasing after bloodwork results. 3) the patronizing manner in which my meds were changed for the 2nd cycle without consulting me and the nurse coordinator using a decade old article to fob me off when I’d read NIH papers from the past few years that clearly refute the article.
GonalF, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron trigger. About par in terms of result. 2nd cycle, up the GonalF dosage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
I had to be on top of things. Otherwise, things, especially scheduling, would fall through the cracks.
Egg retrieval $5,000 Frozen embryo transfer $3,000 Drugs: $3,800
eSET highly recommended.
Treated 2018 - 2020
[Dr. Deborah Wachs] seemed to understand how taxing the process was for our family...is straightforward, kind, and quite professional (even as I got irritated with our lack of initial success). She has of way of making the unpleasant a little bearable. Her tendency toward tried and true evidence based medicine is mostly an asset, but when that doesn’t work it takes a bit but she will adjust. I found myself pushing for out-of-the-box ideas and finally found success in when listening to her once we got off into less familiar cookie cutter territory. The things that should have worked didn’t but she found something that did.
I was so upset at our luck at IVF I was considering leaving the clinic [Reproductive Science Center]. Seeing other clinic’s caliber of nursing staff immediately drove me back to RSC, especially Judi my nurse. So capable and experienced (over 20 in fertility medicine) she was a joy and comfort to be around in a very sad and painful time...Strengths - communication- the online portal system is nice, nurses and doctors get back to you the same day. Clean and beautiful office that looks new in Los Gatos and San Ramon. Great nurses and sonographers. Ran 90 percent on time, rarely had to wait more than 15 minutes.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Wachs is straightforward, kind, and quite professional (even as I got irritated with our lack of initial success). She has of way of making the unpleasant a little bearable. Her tendency toward tried and true evidence based medicine is mostly an asset, but when that doesn’t work it takes a bit but she will adjust. I found myself pushing for out-of-the-box ideas and finally found success in when listening to her once we got off into less familiar cookie cutter territory. The things that should have worked didn’t but she found something that did.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Come with questions written down, she’ll have a plan already based on initial evaluation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Human, because she seemed to understand how taxing the process was for our family.
Describe the protocols Deborah Wachs used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
Two identical 450 fsh cycles, 3 lupron 450 fsh cycle, and one mini. 3 with hgh.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi)
I was so upset at our luck at IVF I was considering leaving the clinic. Seeing other clinic’s caliber of nursing staff immediately drove me back to RSC, especially Judi my nurse. So capable and experienced (over 20 in fertility medicine) she was a joy and comfort to be around in a very sad and painful time.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Weakness - financial department - there’s no way around it. No matter how you pay they make it uncomprehendingly difficult. It’s not because of the cost either just confusing invoices....really late bills. I guess one perk is that they don’t do late fees and have never lost our payments. The main surgical center is an hour away in traffic from the satellite clinic I went to. I didn’t always get Dr. Wachs for my procedures. The second doctor left me way more painful than she did, third was fine... but I really wanted Dr. Wachs for all of my procedures. Really liked Dr. Homer for the office visits, but once again who wouldn’t prefer their doctor they had already developed a rapport with? Strengths - communication- the online portal system is nice, nurses and doctors get back to you the same day. Clean and beautiful office that looks new in Los Gatos and San Ramon. Great nurses and sonographers. Ran 90 percent on time, rarely had to wait more than 15 minutes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center.
Quick, in and out appointments. Printed amounts, get your next appointment and out the door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center.
Very expensive but insurance help cover all of ours.
Describe Deborah Wachs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Did multiple for us, transferred 3 days...I would guess she’s a eSET doctor as she goes for what’s successful.
Treated 2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Homer] recommended eSET (with normal PGS tested embryos)...really got to know us, what we care about, what we fear, what is important to us. He adapted his advice and communication style to match our particular case, personalities and needs which was very special and appreciated. It's clear that he truly cares...All through the process he was patient, responded to our 1000 questions (we learned a lot about the topic) and was open to adjusting treatment according to outcomes and our preferences. I really couldn't have asked for anything better from him and feel so lucky we choose him. I'd give him 10/10 regardless, but the outcomes were also amazing - we have the coolest awesome daughter from our first round with doctor Homer, are now expecting our second child (the second normal embryo from our first cycle), and have 5 more normal frozen embryos from cycles 2&3.
One downside [at Reproductive Science Center] is that the procedures themselves are done in the San Ramon office which was far away for us...Everyone was always very friendly from the receptionist to the ultrasound technicians. Other doctors I've seen also seemed great. The online portal is convenient and the communication is speedy and efficient. I didn't get to experience the billing department as I had great insurance that covers everything. If that wasn't the case I'd check that to make sure they are okay (don't know).
How was your experience with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
We came to see doctor Homer after 1.5 years of trying to conceive. From the beginning he was positive yet direct (which we liked and I believe he recognized that at therefore made a point of doing that). He was very knowledgeable, personable and made the whole process feel much easier and even fun. All through the process he was patient, responded to our 1000 questions (we learned a lot about the topic) and was open to adjusting treatment according to outcomes and our preferences. I really couldn't have asked for anything better from him and feel so lucky we choose him. I'd give him 10/10 regardless, but the outcomes were also amazing - we have the coolest awesome daughter from our first round with doctor Homer, are now expecting our second child (the second normal embryo from our first cycle), and have 5 more normal frozen embryos from cycles 2&3.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
You won't regret it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center?
Doctor Homer really got to know us, what we care about, what we fear, what is important to us. He adapted his advice and communication style to match our particular case, personalities and needs which was very special and appreciated. It's clear that he truly cares.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay was amazing. Great communicator, patient, knowledgeable and caring. Before that we had Judy that was also very knowledgeable and professional but her communication style didn't fit ours.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Everyone was always very friendly from the receptionist to the ultrasound technicians. Other doctors I've seen also seemed great. The online portal is convenient and the communication is speedy and efficient. I didn't get to experience the billing department as I had great insurance that covers everything. If that wasn't the case I'd check that to make sure they are okay (don't know). One downside is that the procedures themselves are done in the San Ramon office which was far away for us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Vance Homer at Reproductive Science Center.
All covered by the insurance
Describe Michael Vance Homer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
He recommended eSET (with normal PGS tested embryos)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
It was mainly with our first case manager that didn't proactively inform us of the next steps so we were sometimes surprised. When we asked doctor Homer about it he responded right away and provided all the information. We then requested another case manager (Lindsey) and never had any issues with her!
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr Homer is naturally warm and friendly. He always remembers details about my history and care, and also makes sure to explain everything clearly so I am confortable with the course of action taken...He never pushed me to go beyond my comfort level, and unlike some doctors he is not too aggressive in his treatment method. I came in ready for IVF, but he convinced me to try IUI 1 more time, with a different medication than I was using with my previous doctor. We were successful at the first try.
About $600 per IUI cycle [at Reproductive Science Center]...Nice warm environment, quality staff, good support online and offline, well connected technology-wise. I also like that they are connected with natural practitioners such as acupuncturists. Nice warm environment, quality staff, good support online and offline, well connected technology-wise. I also like that they are connected with natural practitioners such as acupuncturists.
I am very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Homer. He never pushed me to go beyond my comfort level, and unlike some doctors he is not too aggressive in his treatment method. I came in ready for IVF, but he convinced me to try IUI 1 more time, with a different medication than I was using with my previous doctor. We were successful at the first try.
Definitely do your homework before you see him. He explains everything in detail but it's always best to be educated in the subject prior to seeing any doctor.
Describe the protocols Michael Vance Homer used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
He switched me from Clomid to Femara. I have PCOS and had previously had 4 IUIs with another doctor (not from RSC) that failed. He had me and my husband do the genetic testing to make sure there were no other underlying issues, then did a sperm count for my husband. After the IUI, I was using progesterone supplements until I got my positive result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Smith)
Lindsay my case manager is fenomenal. She is very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. The rest of the staff at the los Gatos office is very professional and friendly as well. I had a negative experience at the San Ramon office because the nurse gave me the wrong timing to administer my trigger shot. This possible caused that cycle to fail. I can never know for sure.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
About $600 per IUI cycle.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Wachs is very compassionate and completely transparent. Dr. Wachs is very forthcoming, but also positive when the situation allows her to be. She spends all the time you need when she is with you. ... Antagonist approach based off of ERA testing we did. Changing protocol for next round. Will had a hormone to improve egg quality. ... Dr. Wachs is very empathetic and available when needed.
There is a lack of communication with billing department [RSC]. I was misinformed about PGS testing. The billing dept. told me my nurse should have told me, which does not make sense since that's not her area of expertise. You must request to sit down with billing person to go over everything and make sure you ask about each line item so you understand what you are paying for.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
A wonderful, knowledgable doctor who truly cares for her patients. Dr. Wachs is very empathetic and available when needed. Dr. Wachs is honest and open with her patients, so you know she is doing everything she can to help you conceive a child.
I would push to get extra tests done. Ask her to turn over every rock until we find the answer. Sometimes, fertility clinics and doctors wait to do something after a few tries. I want answers after first miscarriage, not after 2 or 3.
Judi is beyond fantastic! Judi always got back to me promptly. All my questions and concerns were handles efficiently. Judi has a lot of patience and is very caring.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
There is a lack of communication with billing department. I was misinformed about PGS testing. The billing dept. told me my nurse should have told me, which does not make sense since that's not her area of expertise. You must request to sit down with billing person to go over everything and make sure you ask about each line item so you understand what you are paying for.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
I was unaware of additional costs for PGS. They did not explain the cost for a set amount of embryos or how PGS works on their end, nor did they set me up to have a conversation with the company doing the test.
Los Gatos

Dr. Wachs was so kind. She was understanding, and warm. ... She was very warm and welcoming. She seemed to be very empathetic about our situation, and always had a smile on her face. She explained everything thoroughly, and seemed optimistic about our treatments. ... My first and second IUI's had exactly the same protocol. ... I don't believe that our negative outcome had anything to do with the care we received.
They [Reproductive Science Center] were always warm and understanding whenever I got bad news, and they always had chocolate and tissues waiting. ... The clinic's phone number goes to the main office in San Ramon, so sometimes communication was a bit difficult. But the office staff was ALWAYS kind. ...Selina [nurse] was excellent with her communication. If I emailed her in the portal, I could expect a prompt response every time. She was very thorough and I appreciated that.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
If you want a kind, warm doctor, she is the one to go to.
Dr. Wachs was so kind. She was understanding, and warm. I don't believe that our negative outcome had anything to do with the care we received.
My first and second IUI's had exactly the same protocol. My lining thinned out for the third one, so they added Estrace into the mix. It was explained to me that it helped thicken the lining, but then the lining was never rechecked. The 4th IUI I used progesterone suppositories but I never knew why. I understand it was to aid in implantation, but they never drew my progesterone levels to see if that was necessary. None of my IUI's resulted in any kind of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Selina)
Selina was excellent with her communication. If I emailed her in the portal, I could expect a prompt response every time. She was very thorough and I appreciated that.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic's phone number goes to the main office in San Ramon, so sometimes communication was a bit difficult. But the office staff was ALWAYS kind. They were always warm and understanding whenever I got bad news, and they always had chocolate and tissues waiting.
None of our treatments were covered by insurance so it was rather expensive. Every IUI was $1200 out of pocket. Our IVF quote was quite high as well, but that could also be the Bay Area.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
Nothing major at all, I just had to request records 3 times to be sent to my new clinic before they were sent.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I really loved working with Dr. Wachs. The only issue is since she was out of the Los Gatos office, there were times my iui fell on a day where she wasn’t there to do the procedure or with IVF, I had to wait an extra week for transfer for her to be in the San Ramon office if I wanted her to be the one to do it... She is very kind, remembers details, and is always available to chat or ask questions as needed. I didn’t feel like we followed a “this is what everyone gets” protocol but took the time to figure out our exact situation and how to change things to obtain a successful outcome.
The biggest thing I would say is that it is very very convenient that there are multiple locations so that I wasn’t constantly having to drive an hour each way to every appointment. I was so grateful for this. However, this meant we did have to drive to the main facility [Reproductive Science Center] in San Ramon (an hour away for us) for any major procedures as that is where the surgery suite was.... (Iui could be done in the Los Gatos office, but egg retrieval and transfers were done in San Ramon).
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
I really loved working with Dr. Wachs. The only issue is since she was out of the Los Gatos office, there were times my iui fell on a day where she wasn’t there to do the procedure or with IVF, I had to wait an extra week for transfer for her to be in the San Ramon office if I wanted her to be the one to do it (which I did). I trusted her implicitly and believe she had our best interest at heart and was rooting for us and wanted it as much as we did. She was always smiling and always encouraging and there if needed. She paid attention to our emotions and feelings, and made sure we always had all the information to make the best decisions and that we were okay with our course of treatment. She empowered us to know that we were in control of our treatment and we could change course at any time if we felt we wanted to do anything different.
Trust her. She knows what she is doing and she will lay out every option for you and what it means. Don’t be afraid to ask questions to understand the process. She is wonderful at being patient and explaining things so that you know what you are going through and what to expect.
She is very kind, remembers details, and is always available to chat or ask questions as needed. I didn’t feel like we followed a “this is what everyone gets” protocol but took the time to figure out our exact situation and how to change things to obtain a successful outcome. She was very positive and reassuring the entire way
For our iui cycles, I took letrozole days 3-7 and then started going in for ultrasounds around day 12. Once the follicles were appropriate size, I was instructed to give myself the ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation, and iui was performed 36 hours later. My husband would go in 2 hours before the procedure to give his sample and then we would go together for the IuI. After, I would lay on the table for 10 min or so then leave and go about my day. 2 weeks later I was given a blood test to determine if we were successful. We attempted this 3 months in a row with no success. We decided at this point to take a break, then switch to IVF. I took gonal-F and menopur, then added cetrotide 5 days later. I also started monitoring appointments on day 5 and went every other day. At my third appointment I was found to have 24 follicles growing and my dr sat me down and explained that while this is a great response, it increased my risk of OHSS and I wasn’t a good candid for a fresh transfer anymore. Afterthat appointment I switched to daily monitoring for a day or two and then triggered with Lupron on a Saturday night for a Monday morning egg retrieval. 15 eggs were retrieved, 13 were mature, 9 fertilized with icsi. We chose icsi since we had secondary unexplained infertility and were unsure what was causing this - so wanted the best option for fertilization to occur. Of the 9, we ended up with 3 day 5 blastocysts and 3 day 6 to go into the freezer. We opted out of pgs testing as we’ve had a previous successful pregnancy and no known genetic issues. We performed one 5 day FET the following month. I took estrace 2mg 3x/day starting on day 2 or 3 of my cycle, and then started progesterone shots and vaginal progesterone 2x/day 6 days before transfer. I had my blood test 9 days later which revealed we were unsuccessful and the transfer failed. Dr wachs then believed we had a timing issue, so we did ERA testing the following month - medication all the same as the previous month. The test found I was more receptive for transfer on day 7. The following month we did everything the same except I started progesterone 7 days before transfer. We opted to transfer two embryos this time to give ourselves a higher chance at success. We had multiple conversations with dr wachs about the pros and cons of a dual embryo transfer and she agreed to go ahead with it once she knew we had thoughtfully considered the outcomes. We found out 8 days after transfer that we were successful (hcg 71) then another blood test 11dpt (hcg 314) and was told it was probably only one embryo that took. We just had our first ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days and saw one perfect embryo with a flickering heartbeat. I am continuing all my medication until my next appointment 2 weeks later (at 8 weeks, 3 days) at which point I hope to be able to stop the injections and wean off all other meds and “graduate” back to my normal OB for the duration of my pregnancy.
There will never be enough words to describe Lindsay. She was always so attentive, so positive and so helpful through this process. We wouldn’t have made it through without her. She was a source of information, and always available for crazy questions or just someone to talk to when everything became too much, or when I was feeling frustrated and emotional about the process. She became a confidant, someone who even talked to me late one evening after a failed iui and just let me cry and reassured me they were committed to getting us our baby. She was so very wonderful and Always quick to respond and happy. It made me feel so comfortable and confident in my treatment team
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The biggest thing I would say is that it is very very convenient that there are multiple locations so that I wasn’t constantly having to drive an hour each way to every appointment. I was so grateful for this. However, this meant we did have to drive to the main facility in San Ramon (an hour away for us) for any major procedures as that is where the surgery suite was. (Iui could be done in the Los Gatos office, but egg retrieval and transfers were done in San Ramon). Also anything that occurred on the weekend had to be done in San Ramon - it was the only 365 days open clinic. The other thing was that, in order to have my doctor be the one to do my transfers (which I wanted and chose) - she was only in San Ramon every other Thursday, which meant my cycles were longer as I had to time things to wait until she could be at that office for the procedures. In the end, it was totally worth it and I am grateful for everyone. Everyone at both facilities (Los Gatos and San Ramon) were so friendly and you felt comfortable going there. You truly get a sense that everyone is rooting for you and will do anything they can to help you along the way and try to make this process less painful
Around $1200 per iui $14,100 for IVF with icsi $4062 per frozen transfer $2000 ish for ERA testing (half to clinic, half to lab where testing was sent)
So for the first transfer, my doctor only ever transfers one - especially in my case of secondary unexplained infertility as she was confident the transfer would work. After the first didn’t take, and we did the ERA testing, we had a conversation where I brought up the prospect of transferring two as I read it increases your odds of success. My doctor stated she usually didn’t go to multiple until she was doing the same treatment that hadn’t worked prior, but if we wanted it and were ok with the possibility of having twins , and if having twins was better to us than having zero, she was okay with us transferring two. I appreciated her honesty and candor and I felt like she really listened to us and heard our perspective and agreed

Treated 2017 - 2018
Immediately he [Dr. Homer] said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
$500-800 for initial visit and sonogram [at Reproductive Science Center], $1000 per IUI, $300 HSG, acupuncture done outside of clinic.... They care about getting pregnant results fast. They don’t always take the time to trust the patient knowing their body and come up with some wholistic approaches...They [nurses] were friendly. I always had someone else helping me and often would meet the doctor performing my IUI that same day. They were all kind but I never had Dr. Homer doing the procedures.
He was helpful at taking time with us and understanding where we were at. I appreciated his expertise and his reputation. I wished he would have worked with me a little better on non-medicated treatments and look more into blood work. I’ve had many friends have way more blood work done than me, a day 3 cycle test which I have not had done, nor hormone testing on certain days of my cycle or during IUIs.
If you are ready to jump all in and haven’t done too much research on your own or know much about your body and just are ready to get pregnant no matter what, he is a great doctor. I want to get pregnant while doing it in the most natural and healthy way for how my body is currently responding.
He was kind and took time with me. Though he wanted me to do full medication, after some advocating for myself he allowed me to try only HCG injections without clomid. They weren’t positive or encouraging about me doing it this way which made me feel a little unsupported, but at least were will to try 3.
Immediately he said our chances of conceiving naturally were 1%. This was a very quick diagnosis. He thought if we wanted to do IUIs to try three on clomid. We pushed back and asked for 3 natural with HCG and he was willing only to do 3. After that he wanted to start us on clomid. During the time there were no other blood tests performed, which I hoped to get some more answers. We took 5 months off to give ourselves a break and just started up again and requested the HSG test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
They were friendly. I always had someone else helping me and often would meet the doctor performing my IUI that same day. They were all kind but I never had Dr. Homer doing the procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Very expensive. I wish insurance covered more. They have good success rates and quality doctors. They care about getting pregnant results fast. They don’t always take the time to trust the patient knowing their body and come up with some wholistic approaches.
$500-800 for initial visit and sonogram, $1000 per IUI, $300 HSG, acupuncture done outside of clinic but for my treatments
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
I was told that there were no appointments left that morning and wouldn’t arrive in time so needed to administer the shot on my own without them doing a sonogram. So i was told to go ahead and give myself the HCG shot for the procedure the next day. 30 min after I did the shot and they left a message saying they were canceling my appointment because they didn’t realize my blood work hadn’t come through and hadn’t been sent to them. So I took the shot ready for my appointment the next day and it got cancelled on me through a voicemail message. It was overwhelming and shocking as my first experience.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Homer was just great. He gave me time, patience and respect. He always listened. I never once felt like I didn't know what was happening, or why. He never rushed me, and answered all of my thousands of questions...He was frank, honest, kind, warm, and always gave me time...never disregarded any of my feelings, concerns or instincts. I am actually a little sad to have to graduate from the fertility center back to my OB just because I would have loved to see him and the wonderful staff at the RSC throughout my pregnancy.
This clinic [Reproductive Science Center] is amazing. Every single staff member I encountered was amazing. The location itself was convenient, with ample parking. The facility was clean, comfortable, and all the equipment was in great condition. I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say...Lindsay [nurse] was just amazing! She was so responsive. Always there to answer my questions via the patient portal. And on days that she was on leave, someone else always got back to me in her stead, always within the same day. I loved knowing that I could reach out to her and she would be patient and willing to answer any and all questions, as silly as they may have seemed to her.
Don't be shy to ask all the questions you may have.
Dr. Homer was absolutely amazing! He was frank, honest, kind, warm, and always gave me time. He never rushed me, always listened to all my questions and concerns, and never disregarded any of my feelings, concerns or instincts. I am actually a little sad to have to graduate from the fertility center back to my OB just because I would have loved to see him and the wonderful staff at the RSC throughout my pregnancy.
I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, and also really long, irregular cycles. After having tried to conceive naturally for a year and a half, Dr. Homer recommended we move forward with a medicated (Letrozole) IUI treatment. In the days leading up to this cycle, we did blood-work and discovered elevated TSH levels, for which he prescribed me some medication. It must have been this medication that did the trick, for I ended up naturally conceiving in that final natural cycle leading up to my scheduled IUI cycle. It was a wonderful surprise!
Lindsay was just amazing! She was so responsive. Always there to answer my questions via the patient portal. And on days that she was on leave, someone else always got back to me in her stead, always within the same day. I loved knowing that I could reach out to her and she would be patient and willing to answer any and all questions, as silly as they may have seemed to her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
This clinic is amazing. Every single staff member I encountered was amazing. The location itself was convenient, with ample parking. The facility was clean, comfortable, and all the equipment was in great condition. I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say.
As I never ended up needing fertility treatment, I was just charged for the initial diagnosis appointment, and a followup ultrasound appointment after I became pregnant.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Due to my diagnosis with PCOS Dr Homer prescribed Femera, not Clomid that my previous Dr had me on. It worked our first two cycles on it and I'm so grateful that he customized our treatment for my condition... I got pregnant the first cycle. It was a tough experience as we learned that I miscarried at our first appointment, but Dr Homer was right there for us, helping me through the medication to have the miscarriage at home, no DNC required thankfully. He even called me the next day, On a Saturday, to check in on me, it meant the world to me.
I didn't have a ton of exposure to the nursing team [at Reproductive Science Center]...I did see a nurse for one of my follicle scans and she was outstanding ...We had a pretty substantial cost for the ultrasounds each month... there were some weaknesses we discovered once we left and went to our OB at Los Olivos with getting our paperwork sent over. We confirmed to have it sent over at our last RSC appointment and i called the day before my OB appt to make sure paperwork was sent. Then at my first OB appointment they were still missing all my blood work.
Dr Homer was incredible throughout our entire experience, start to finish. In the first meeting we immediately bonded with him, he experience medically and personally helped us instill trust in him pretty much right away. We enjoyed meeting with him and he took so much time with us to explain the whole process and what he could do for us. I had previously visited another Dr who prescribed Clomid and incorrectly told me I did not have PCOS, she was prepared to up my prescription of Clomid to 100mg after 3 failed cycles. At that point I chose to move to see Dr. Homer and I look back all the time and am grateful we made that decision. At my first ultrasound with Dr. Homer he immediately confirmed I was a classic case of PCOS. From there he made the decision to not go forward with Clomid but to switch to Femera. I got pregnant the first cycle. It was a tough experience as we learned that I miscarried at our first appointment, but Dr Homer was right there for us, helping me through the medication to have the miscarriage at home, no DNC required thankfully. He even called me the next day, On a Saturday, to check in on me, it meant the world to me. He was a partner throughout the entire process and never shyed away from the tough stuff. After that, I had many weeks with blood appointments to check my Hcg, which took it's sweet time in going down. I think I tested 3-4 weeks in a row before we gave it a rest for a couple weeks and tested again. It took about 2 months to get it completely gone so we could start trying again. Dr Homer put me on my second cycle with Femera and sure enough we got pregnant on the first try again, I simply couldn't believe it. the first few months were pretty grueling, always expecting something to go wrong. I was terrified for my first ultrasound. Dr Homer was perfectly matching my optimism but also completely respecting and mirroring my cautious excitement. Once he got in there and saw the heartbeat he took a minute to confirm before he gave me the good news. My husband and I were ecstatic and so was he. We had the best appointment and were so endlessly grateful for his partnership and guidance. After that we had a 2 week trip to Ireland and I couldnt wait to come home to get another hopefully good screen. We could have switched to an OB at that time, but we werent ready to leave Dr Homer. We came back from the trip and got to see the baby grown quite a bit, arms and legs and most importantly a strong heartbeat. Dr Homer gave us hugs of congratulations and his staff gave us so many well wishes on our way out the door. Dr Homer even helped me find a new OB which was a big deal for us and we've now met her and absolutely love her! I of course would prefer to stay with Dr Homer if it were a possibility, but because it's not we're thrilled to have her. I can't say enough good things about Dr Homer, without him I dont think this experience ever could have worked as quickly and certainly wouldn't have been so pleasant.
Don't wait to get engaged with Reproductive Science Center, you need to get care from a Dr and a clinic who know what they're talking about with Fertility.
Dr Homer was incredible throughout our entire experience, start to finish. In the first meeting we immediately bonded with him, he experience medically and personally helped us instill trust in him pretty much right away. We enjoyed meeting with him and he took so much time with us to explain the whole process and what he could do for us. He was a partner throughout the entire process and never shyed away from the tough stuff, we had to go through some hard times and he was always thorough and supportive with us, telling us exactly what we needed and wanted to know, respectfully and politely. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Homer. I met with one other Dr while Dr Homer was out, she did my follicle scan and she was absolutely delightful and encouraging as well. The support staff was also pretty outstanding, always trying to be supportive and prompt, it was much appreciated.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Science Center.
I didn't have a ton of exposure to the nursing team, unless Judi is part of that team? She was outstanding and generally supported me over the phone and through the portal. I did see a nurse for one of my follicle scans and she was outstanding as well, sorry I dont know her name.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was in a good location, clean and pleasant to visit. there were some weaknesses we discovered once we left and went to our OB at Los Olivos with getting our paperwork sent over. We confirmed to have it sent over at our last RSC appointment and i called the day before my OB appt to make sure paperwork was sent. Then at my first OB appointment they were still missing all my blood work.
We had a pretty substantial cost for the ultrasounds each month. Also the only thing I was really caught off guard by was when I needed to come in for weekly blood draws for my Hcg levels, I was anxious to hear results so it was recommended that I do the draws at RSC so i could get same day results. Unfortunately after a few draws I found out that my coverage didnt extend to those blood draws and i needed to go to a LabCorp, so I got charged way more than expected for those visits and that was really disappointing.
Treated 2017
After our first consultation visit with Dr. Wachs. We had a strategic plan to proceed further. - Reviewed my situation - Did some labs (MRI SCAN, Ultrasounds) - Discusses all the labs with us - We had to do Hysterectomy to remove uterus fibroids. Then she purposed all the possible treatments for us IUI, IVF So far our journey is been hopeful & we are looking forward for the day to be blessed with a baby. It will be only possible because of Dr. Wachs & her team.
Well the fertility treatment is expensive. But the clinic finance-counselor Monica [at Reproductive Science Center] provided us all the details about the cost for our treatment. Also, wish that our medical insurance could cover majority of the labs & treatment fees but unfortunately that's not the case...Professional & friendly staff. Clean premises, & peaceful environment. Sometime besides doctor's help we need to have patience, and determination. You are at the right place. RSC-SJ team is dedicated & devoted towards their patients (this based on our experience).
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Wachs is a god-send angel for me. I wouldn't have known my conditions if it would not have been via Dr Wachs explanation. She has been with me in all the stages. Checking-up on me emotionally & medically. It's rare to find a good doctor.
Be patient. Not everything is under medical/Doctor's control. It can take a while before you get what you are looking for. You are in good hands. Dr. Wachs will take good care of you.
My experience with Dr Wachs has been amazing so far. Since day1 we had this connection about my situation. Each time if we have to do any procedure she will discuss that in details with us. Thank you for being an awesome Doctor.
My Team at RSC-San Jose is " Team of Superwomen". They are awesome in each & every thing. I am proud & trust my team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Well the fertility treatment is expensive. But the clinic finance-counselor Monica provided us all the details about the cost for our treatment. Also, wish that our medical insurance could cover majority of the labs & treatment fees but unfortunately that's not the case.
Absolutely Dr Wachs clearly defined the singleton transfer & multiple transfer differences to us. She strongly put her views about it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
It was just one time a clinical error which was based on my lab work. But it was immediately fixed & i was returned by money back.
Treated 2017
As a patient of Deborah Wachs, I feel we came to a better understanding of each other after the devastation of not having any embryos to transfer after gone through the first cycle. The only part I was a little frustrated with was that the multi cycle plan was not given to me as an option in the initial consultation, however I also understand that with my age and my blood work, I was considered a slam dunk to walk out with a baby through IVF. I think Dr. Wachs is a great Dr. and she is doing the best she can with the information she has.
My case manager was Judi Machella and she is amazing. Very efficient and very communicative. She always was there for me when I needed her and also was able to give me the information I needed whether it was emotional support or medical advise. She was so great and I would definitely recommend her as a case manager!!!...The clinics strengths is that they have really great nurses, ultrasound technicians, front desk admin help and overall good communication. Weaknesses were more in the procedure part during the egg retrieval. I felt rushed to get out of there and there could of been a little bit more compassion for what these women are going through. I understand they see so many patients a day but also it is very taxing for the patient and emotionally draining.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Make sure you ask every question you can think of even if it sounds silly.
With Dr. Wachs I felt like a human. After discovering the unfortunate events of no embryos to transfer, Dr. Wachs and I had a conversation and she really shared with me a professional medical side and also a compassionate side as though she was a friend at the same time. It was nice and I felt comfortable with the the fact that she was knowledgable medically about what had happened but also felt my pain and was able to emphasize with me as well.
I was on menepur and folistim for the first 4 days or so and then ganerelix for the next 4 days. These are all injectables (excuse me for the spelling of them, they may not be correct) The menepur and folistim was a shot of each every night and then a shot of the ganerelix making it a total of 3 shots a night for approx 8-10 days. It was uncomfortable starting after day 4. The egg retrieval was very painful for me a few days after. Some people are fine but I experienced major discomfort and had to take it easy for a couple weeks afterward. I did have good results with the medication and responded well. My overall egg quality could be better so for the next cycle, the Dr. wants to put me on a growth hormone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
$14,000 for the IVF cycle, $2500 for PGS testing, $3710 for transfer, $4000 for medication
My Dr. strongly recommended only doing a single embryo transfer because I am still young and will be able to have multiple children. She also did give me the risks for multiple embryo transfer and advised against it for the first cycle.
Treated 2016 - 2017
She [Dr. Wachs] never gave up on me and always had more ideas of new techniques to try and tweak. As a patient I would always come in emotional and frantic and she would always manage to calm me down and keep my goals realistic, while comforting me in the fact that we still had several options. I would do my own research and bring her pages of notes and questions and she was knowledgeable on each of the studies I had found and explained why or why not each one would or would not work for my case.
I loved everything about this office [Reproductive Science Center] ! The receptionist Suzi would always greet me in the lobby and make sure I was all checked in. The lab staff who drew my blood were fast and efficient and took time to get to know me, and make me comfortable. All of the nurses are so friendly and helpful and all of the doctors are amazing! They are organized, compassionate, and great at what they do!...Judi [nurse] was AWESOME! She would respond to my emails within minutes! She was so patient with all of my questions, and cared deeply about each of her patients!
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Wach's was everything I wanted in my fertility doctor. She was patient, kind, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. She never gave up on me and always had more ideas of new techniques to try and tweak. As a patient I would always come in emotional and frantic and she would always manage to calm me down and keep my goals realistic, while comforting me in the fact that we still had several options. I would do my own research and bring her pages of notes and questions and she was knowledgeable on each of the studies I had found and explained why or why not each one would or would not work for my case. She was always put together well and her love for her job showed always, even through the holidays where you would expect her to be taking time off to spend with family, she was in the office, taking care of me. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone who is going through infertility and I will definitely use her again for baby number two!
Be positive and don't give up!
Dr. Wach's was so sweet and greeted us with a warm smile and a hug on each visit. We had to try several different approaches to my treatment but she never gave up and was very understanding of what an emotional and frustrating process this could be. She was realistic in helping us make decisions and very kind through the whole process.
My first cycle we used gonal and menopur and triggered 72 hours before my transfer. My second cycle we added Lupron in hopes of growing more eggs to be fully mature. I had an endometrial receptivity test which showed us we were doing our transfer after my personal window so we adjusted my transfers after that. She ended up putting me on progesterone and the blood thinner injections in order to increase my chances of implantation. Finally on our fourth try we combined everything and had success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi mecchella)
Judi was AWESOME! She would respond to my emails within minutes! She was so patient with all of my questions, and cared deeply about each of her patients!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I loved everything about this office! The receptionist Suzi would always greet me in the lobby and make sure I was all checked in. The lab staff who drew my blood were fast and efficient and took time to get to know me, and make me comfortable. All of the nurses are so friendly and helpful and all of the doctors are amazing! They are organized, compassionate, and great at what they do!
We used the attain package which I believe was about 25k, we used a company called capex md to finance it. Our medications and other procedures totaled around 18k so in total we spent around 43k
In the beginning while we were still learning how my body would react she encouraged a single embryo transfer and showed us that the reason they encourage that is it is lower risk than carrying multiples. Once we realized I wasn't a fertile mertile, she was more open to us transferring two embryo's at a time, which we tried for one cycle and were not successful.

Treated 2016 - 2017
My experience with Dr. Wachs has been good so far. Like I said before, she's a straight shooter and will be there if you need her. I have had only 1 IVF cycle and though she didn't perform the retrieval I understand these clinics "share" patients. I am still hopeful IVF with RSC will work for me...I used BCP, Gonal, Menopur and Cetrotide for first IVF cycle. No eggs passed PGS. This time I used BCP again but Dr. Wachs changed the allocation of Gonal and Menopur, and added Omnitrope. Hopefully this will be the one that works!
Strengths [of Reproductive Science Center] are the nursing staff, the weakness might be that they don't use the latest technology but not entirely sure about that...The case manager and nurses are great. Very good communicators, excellent at providing info, polite and will definitely reply asap. I don't always communicate with the same person each time, but it looks like they are organized but I am getting things done and that's all I really need in the end.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Be patient and don't expect to be coddled, she will give it to you straight. She's not cold or has a poor bedside manner but she is a person and I can tell she does want to help!
I felt human bc I did meet with the Doctor when it mattered most. Only doctors performed my IUI, egg retrievals and consultations. I understand my doctor does not need to be available to me 24/7 and I certainly don't need her to be measuring my follicles. She called me at the appropriate times and when I needed to get in contact with her, she was available. I also don't need to be coddled during this process, I just need the doctor to know what she's doing and just give it to me straight so I can move forward or move on. I think Dr. Wachs is a straight shooter and for those who need a more delicate touch, I think Dr. Wachs could be more personable but in the end, results are what matter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Carla Roa)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths are the nursing staff, the weakness might be that they don't use the latest technology but not entirely sure about that.
I have help with insurance so it wasn't too bad. They paid about 50% of treatment and part of the medications.
No comments bc I'm doing PGS.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
I thought I said nothing went wrong w this clinic? However I think maybe once during an IUI cycle there was a mix up with the case managers about when to take a medication or something, it wasn't a big deal and was resolved very quickly. Since then nothing has gone wrong, I don't even remember exactly what went wrong so it wasn't a big deal.