Genetic counseling: Offered
Toms River
780 Route 37
Toms River, NJ 08755
732-240-3000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey to a friend?

4 IUI, IVF
Great clinic. This practice [Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] has been around for a while and is a well oiled machine. I never experience long wait times and my appointments never last long, which I appreciate since I am a full time working mom. The cycle monitoring appointments are always early in the morning so I am never too late for work...Nursing staff is compassionate and patient. If they don’t know the answer to a question, they work hard to get you an answer.
4 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Great clinic. This practice has been around for a while and is a well oiled machine. I never experience long wait times and my appointments never last long, which I appreciate since I am a full time working mom. The cycle monitoring appointments are always early in the morning so I am never too late for work.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Ziegler was always able to meet with me in person upon request. I did not feel rushed when I had questions. He was also available via phone. When I had IUIs that resulted in a negative pregnancy test, Dr. Ziegler communicated with me directly over the phone. I appreciated this rather than notification over a portal or via the nursing staff. He had me take updated tests over the course of treating me to ensure we were always capturing my current fertility state. I also felt that he was honest with me regarding my chances for success.
How was your experience with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Ziegler is a strong communicator. He is attentive and patient. I am able to speak with him in person and over the phone. He is honest and will paint the whole picture for you so that you have realistic expectations. He also explains technical things at a level that is comprehendable to the patient. I would recommend his practice to a friend who is looking to undergo fertility treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Do not hesitate to ask questions, even when you are think they seem silly. Dr. Ziegler has years of experience and I always felt that he was compassionate and non judge mental when responding to my questions. He also has a way of explaining scientific and technical things as a level that is comprehendable to his patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
I have insurance through my employer which covers the cost of my procedures up to $20k lifetime max and up to $6k lifetime max. I paid out of pocket for what wasn’t covered. Once I maxed out my prescription max, some of the prescriptions were discounted because of the relationship between the fertility pharmacy and the practice.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
[The nurses at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey are] Very real. Very helpful. Very talkative. I felt comfortable confiding in them if I wasn’t sure what was going on during the visit...Strengths- friendly environment/ overall pleasant happy staff (they will remember you) Weakness - all situational (where you live — office hours for Toms River testing) .. cost of extra testing and storage but that’s probably the same everywhere but they are completely transparent with it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
He spoke to us so we would understood .. broke everything down completely. He was VERY responsive to phone calls. Made us feel like we were his only patients.
I wouldn’t change a thing with our experience. I went through 5 rounds of chlomid with my OBgyn. He took us straight to our best route. He didn’t push any unnecessary testing. He never made us feel like we were making the wrong decision. I truly feel he had our best interest. The only downfall is his office appointments in Toms River are limited (which is probably irrelevant)considering he was always available in Eatontown . I can’t wait to meet with him again in the near future for a consult.
GO IN OPEN MINDED! There is hope :)
Describe the protocols William Ziegler used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Oh man. Ok so we used a million shots ... so many shots. I can’t remember the specifics I’m just so glad it was successful. We started treatment in maybe March/April. Retrieval was in July. Transfer in August. The last medication I have on my fridge is menopure. I remember using a vaginal to build my lining towards the end but can’t remember the name (it wasn’t as terrible as everyone makes it seem). I am/will do this all over again.
Great insurance. So only cost were extras like PGS...
Describe William Ziegler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
He told me to transfer one. I was 30 at the time. I had no prior infertility issues as far as carrying. I had a healthy full term 5 yearold boy previous of my infertility issues.
Eatontown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.

2015 - 2019
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] is fairly new, clean and nice. Everyone on staff is friendly...I have never had to wait long for an appointment!...Domenica [nurse] has been so kind and helpful during our second go at IVF and FET. She emails me right back, answers all my calls and many questions! She goes out of he way to make sure the appointment schedule works best for me...We paid a lump sum that included the egg retrieval, ICSI, an FET cycle and assisted hatching. We paid separate for medication at Mandell's Pharmacy.
2015 - 2019
European, Latino
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
The clinic is fairly new, clean and nice. Everyone on staff is friendly... there used to be a receptionist that was a little surly, but I think she is gone now. I have never had to wait long for an appointment!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Martinez always took the time to explain everything in detail, and in a way that hopeful and friendly and understandable. He is very caring and empathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Domenica)
Domenica has been so kind and helpful during our second go at IVF and FET. She emails me right back, answers all my calls and many questions! She goes out of he way to make sure the appointment schedule works best for me.
How was your experience with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr Martinez is the sweetest, most caring doctor I've ever had. I had to have one of my fallopian tubes removed, as well as some endometriosis and polyps. I felt so reassured, having him as my surgeon as well as my IVF doctor. He is very patient, and will explain everything in as much detail as you need. I have never felt rushed in my appointments with him and he always takes the time to make sure I am feeling good and positive every step of the way. I feel like he truly cares about his patients and works hard to get the best results possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Ask as many questions as you like, he will answer all of them!
Describe the protocols Alan Martinez used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey and their degree of success.
When we first came to Dr. Martinez, I had a tubal blockage that I knew I would have to be surgically removed. He explained everything to me, and I felt very confident going into the surgery. Afterwards, I wanted to try to get pregnant naturally (with one fallopian tube remaining), and he never pressured me to start IVF right away. A few months later, we were more mentally prepared to start the IVF process and again, he explained every step and was very patient with us. During our first egg retrieval, we had a very sudden death in the family, which I do think affected our outcome—we had about 9 eggs retrieved and only one embryo that made it to day 5. We did another egg retrieval round and Dr. Martinez tweaked my protocol (I believe it was a long lupron cycle). This time we got 9 eggs again, but 5 made it to day 5, so we had 6 embryos total. We did PGS and had 3 viable embryos after the testing. Our first FET was successful, and I gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2017. Now we are trying for our second, with 2 embryos left. We transferred in February, and I did get pregnant, but the pregnancy didn't continue after week 7. Dr. Martinez ran a VERY through pregnancy-loss panel of blood tests, and has tweaked my treatment for the next transfer. We are hopeful that the next FET will be a success!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Morning monitoring/blood work is from 7-8am. Sometimes there can be up to 10 people who come in, that I've seen. They move pretty quickly, doesn't take too long once you get there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Our first IVF round was out-of-pocket. We paid a lump sum that included the egg retrieval, ICSI, an FET cycle and assisted hatching. We paid separate for medication at Mandell's Pharmacy. This time around, we are covered by insurance, so I only make copayments when I see the doctor (not for monitoring) and medications are covered.
Describe Alan Martinez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Dr. Martinez was/is of the mind that one embryo transferred at a time was the right course of action for us.
Eatontown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [Reproductive Science Center of NJ] has 3 offices which is a plus and you can usually get a first visit appointment within a week of calling. Once you’re a patient they always try and get you in as quickly as possible. Bloodwork is done on site for IVF patients and the egg retrieval as well. All of the billing staff is very helpful and always answers my questions. ... Monitoring is done before normal hours and is done on first come first serve basis.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
The clinic has 3 offices which is a plus and you can usually get a first visit appointment within a week of calling. Once you’re a patient they always try and get you in as quickly as possible. Bloodwork is done on site for IVF patients and the egg retrieval as well. All of the billing staff is very helpful and always answers my questions.
Dr M carefully explained everything and never just threw facts and info at us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
The overall nursing staff is wonderful and sweet. My particular nurse was very nice but want not quick to respond to voice mails or emails.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
The care I received was always compassionate and understanding. Dr M always listened to my questions and thoughts regarding my course of treatment and really let me be in the driver seat in regards to how aggressive and fast we wanted to move with treatment. I always felt like he had my best interest in mind.
Be up front with what your expectations are. If you want to go right to IVF due to financial concerns tell him. If you want to go slow and start with Clomid and timed intercourse let him know. The more honest you are the better.
My first cycle was with clomid and IUI. We weren’t in a rush to have a baby at this point and we’re fine with doing a more conservative approach round one. The IUI didn’t work and then I had cysts from the clomid. Fast forward three months and we tried an alternative drug for clomid, I didn’t respond and had cysts again. At our next consult dr M wanted to go to injectables with IUI but due to my insurance cap I wanted to go right to IVF, dr M got us in with the next group. We did a standard protocol with ICSI, dr M believed I would produce a decent amount of eggs, which I did, 18, 12 mature, and the quality should be good due to my age and AMH.
Monitoring is done before normal hours and is done on first come first serve basis. I would be there before the doors open to make sure I was first so I could be in and out. The window is for an hour and I don’t believe anyone ever had a long wait.
I used insurance and had a $15,000 lifetime max, everything fell under that cap.
RCSNJ only does 1 embryo transfer unless extreme circumstances arise.

2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They [nurses at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] have been great to me throughout the process...[monitoring hours were] Very convenient and didn't take away from work which was great. Never took more than a half hour...He [Dr. Ziegler] actively follows the guidelines as outlined by SART etc. Single embryo was used with pgs. With non-pgs he follows age based guidelines.
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Extremely family oriented approach with strong clinical background. Size is potentially a challenge for patient batching. Dr. Mensah and Ziegler are wonderful - Martinez is very nice but can sometimes not be as detailed or take things as seriously. Facilities are beautiful and well thought out.
Dr. Ziegler is like a member of the family - even when things don't go as well as you hope he is honest and supportive and helps you make the best decision possible for you and your family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Hina )
Very supportive - gave me their own water bottle so I could pee for a test. They have been great to me throughout the process.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Ziegler's is a wonderful physician who truly cares about his patients and provides you with the best care possible. He is well regarded in the industry and I appreciate that he doesn't give up on his patients are try to skew his success rates - no matter how hard the case he will do what he can to help you! We have had a rocky road but he has been the one constant source of support throughout a process that not many understand or can help you through. I would say the one limitation is the size of the practice which means patients have to be batched - this can take more time for treatment but I believe this is a very common practice in the industry. Dr. Ziegler is honest and very up to date on the latest research and will give you the honest story on things that may be trending but not clinically validated.
Come prepared to ask questions and be honest with things you don't understand. He is great at using analogies or pictures to explain what is happening so don't be afraid to speak up.
Birth Control for 2-3 weeks overlap with low dose lupron 20 units Lupron only for 4 days Stimulation using Follistim/Gonal- F - 225 units (on cycle 2 we went up to 300 half way through Stim) menopur 75 units (on cycle 2 went up to 150 units half way through) estrogen from 2- 6 mg increasing overtime Doxycycline 2X per day for 4 days Medrol - 3 days Progesterone Ethyloleate 1ml - 5 days pre-transfer Crinone - day after transfer Expected decent response - increase happened when not responding as well as first round. Round 1 - 14 eggs harvested, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 non pgs tested embryos FET transfer 2 years later - two embryos - ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks - one identified trisomy 15 2 remaining 3AA and 4BB embryos Endometrial Receptivity Analysis - Receptive Round 2 - 14 eggs harvested 13 mature 10 fertilized 2 blastocyst 1 PGS normal, one trisomy 11 and 22 FET - transferred one embryo - negative test What we have discovered - my blood pressure and thyroid react poorly to estrogen - we now know moving forward to test thyroid frequently and be on BP meds ahead of FET cycle. Interestingly, my body handles a retrieval better than the FET meds - we are considering a fresh transfer as a next step.
8K for initial retrieval and storage, 8 K for original FET. 15K all in for Retrieval 2 and FET. 700 for PGS testing. Last FET was covered by insurance in full.
He actively follows the guidelines as outlined by SART etc. Single embryo was used with pgs. With non-pgs he follows age based guidelines.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The timing [of monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] was pretty convenient for me and most of the time it ran like a well-oiled machine. I was in and out within 15-30 minutes usually...Really like this clinic. They're timely and responsive. They all move pretty quickly through my appointments - haven't had to wait an excessive amount of time to get an appointment and they tend to explain things pretty well. My biggest complaint is informing me about timing - while I understand that things can change during a cycle - I would like to know a roundabout timeframe of when I can expect next processes. Understanding where the process is going and how long each aspect will take would really help me to understand where I'm at.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
They were very quick to answer my questions when I called and left me instructions I needed. I would have liked to see them check in more periodically during the cycle.
Dr. Ziegler is a total professional and really helps to try and explain the procedures and process. He's a straight shooter for sure and tells you how it is. I'm someone who needs a bit more delicate bedside manner but he still made me feel like he's on my team and there to make things work. He's called me after hours multiple times just to make sure he touched base and let me know what's next. I have no doubt that he will continue to be on my team and help me get the outcome we want.
Ask all your questions! Dr. Ziegler knows it all.
Downregulation IVF with ICSI. I used Follistim, Menopur (150 iu and 75 iu respectively). Did not opt for PGS this first time but will do so in our next round. Male factor was the reason why we used ICSI.
The timing was pretty convenient for me and most of the time it ran like a well-oiled machine. I was in and out within 15-30 minutes usually.
Embryo freezing - $900 for the first year PGS Testing - $1200ish for clinic plus a charge per embryo at the PGS testing place. Everything else is covered by insurance 100% after my deductible is paid.
We had a good grade embryo and I'm young so that's why we transferred only 1
Eatontown

The nurses [at Reproductive Science Center of NJ] were just as professional and friendly as Dr. Martinez. They took their time and were sensitive towards our feelings and what we were about to go through...Because of our insurance, we were only covered for appointments and testing to see what our chances of getting pregnant alone were. After that, Dr. Martinez and his staff came up with different options to help us with costs of IVF.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Everyone is amazing here - professional and genuinely interested in helping each patient that walks through their door. They also offer a military discount - even though it doesn't see like much it's something more than others offer.
The entire practice handled our case with the top of the line professionalism, they held our hand and made us feel comfortable all the way through. Dr. Martinez went as far as writing numerous letters to the VA clinics and health insurance to help us with trying to get coverage.
The nurses were just as professional and friendly as Dr. Martinez. They took their time and were sensitive towards our feelings and what we were about to go through
Dr. Martinez takes as much time as needed to cover all the patient's concerns and to get all the info needed to help them. He went the extra mile and wrote letters to the VA on our behalf explaining why we needed medical coverage to get pregnant.
Be ready to wait and work through all the check ups - it is worth the time Dr. Martinez takes.
Dr. Martinez decided that our best way to conceive would be through IVF and ICIS and that it would give us the highest chance of working. Before we could start any treatment, he sent me to have my iron and blood checked out to get cleared before starting the procedure.
none
LAWRENCEVILLE

I mainly saw Tiffany and Marianela in Lawrenceville [RSC of NJ], who are the best! They both were informative, compassionate and caring. They always took interest and just made me feel comfortable. The nurses in Eatontown are also really great. During my last procedure Heather was really great and helped me get through a difficult retrival. I can't say enough good things about the nursing staff, they are one of a kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
I don't have many bad things to say about the clinic. The only improvement I might suggest is through the billing department. Sometimes, I'd receive conflicting information when asking questions, however I do understand that this is a complicated topic so I took it all with a grain of salt. A strength is that its seems as though overall the staff is incredibly compassionate, caring and knowledgeable.
Dr. Martinez and the team of nurses in both Lawrenceville and Eatontown, while incredibly busy, always made me feel like they were devoting all their attention to me. I'd watch countless patients come and go and I always felt special when I was working with them.
I mainly saw Tiffany and Marianela in Lawrenceville, who are the best! They both were informative, compassionate and caring. They always took interest and just made me feel comfortable. The nurses in Eatontown are also really great. During my last procedure Heather was really great and helped me get through a difficult retrival. I can't say enough good things about the nursing staff, they are one of a kind.
I was a patient of Reproductive Science Center starting in 2011 or 2012. The doctor, who is no longer with the practice, was less than satisfactory to say the least. She had no bedside manner and just felt cold. I ultimately got pregnant by another doctor during that time frame and had my first child. When my husband I and came back to the clinic in 2017 Dr. Martinez was new to us. From the first visit on, we felt comfortable with him and felt like he truly cared about our wellbeing and the outcome. He was understanding, patient, compassionate and kind through my entire cycle with him. When my transfer last year did not turn out successfully, he called multiple times to check on my status and wellbeing. I knew that when we were ready to try again, he was going to be my doctor. Today was my last visit with him and I've had mixed emotions because while I want to move on and grow my pregnancy the "normal" way, I wish he and the nurses could see this pregnancy all the way through. I've never felt more comfortable with a doctor than I have with Dr. Martinez. It's a very invasive and stressful time and you want someone to have your back and that's how I've felt every step of the way. I would recommend Dr. Martinez to anyone that is going through this experience. He is simply the best!
Be patient and trust that Dr. Martinez will guide you in the right direction. Even if things don't turn out the way you want them to, trust that he has your best interest in mind.
IVF resulting in twin pregnancy I really can't remember all the specifics.
For my first treatment cycle with Dr. Martinez, my prescription medication maximum was met so I ended up paying around $6,000. My second cycle, I've only had to pay a few hundred dollars as my insurance renewed because of some special circumstances.
Dr. Martinez, my husband and I discussed this in depth and we decided given my history and current state that transferring multiple embryos was the best course for us.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The whole team [at Reproductive Science of New Jersey] was great. Always willing and able to answer any all questions I had at any point in time.... At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm....this also required purchasing a package for that procedure $9K+$11K or $15K (purchase of the Eggs).
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Strengths-Excellent replies to all inquiries that were made to the Nurses and staff. Weaknesses-Expensive, especially doing it solo. I can't think of anything else at this time..............................
I'd rather not say at this time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
The whole team was great. Always willing and able to answer any all questions I had at any point in time.
I had no issue with Dr. Martinez at all. He's always been great every time I talked to him. Always willing to explain anything and everything I asked him. My issue was mainly with the clinic and something that occurred last year during my treatments. I'd rather not say at this time.
Highly recommend Dr. Martinez. He's always been professional, understanding of circumstances and willing to take the time to explain any and all treatment info and processes.
At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm....this also required purchasing a package for that procedure $9K+$11K or $15K (purchase of the Eggs). None of which was covered by my Insurance, so I borrowed against my 401K and proceeded. Out of the 6 eggs that were fertilized only 1 survived which was used for the IVF cycle; unsuccessfully implanted so now I'm back to where I was with no baby, in debt and locked into my Company and job until it's paid back in 5 yrs. :( I'm taking a break right now struggling with the lack of baby and what I'm going to do next.
Out of pocket was $20K
I'm not familiar with this and/or tried this so, no comment.
LAWRENCEVILLE

They [the nurses at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] were very friendly and helpful. They never gave me information that was crucial without checking with the doctor first. They do need to practice better communication.... we did 10 days of stim medications/injections. I cannot remember the exact meds. I think I used Gonal F, menapour, estradiol and PIO. I used Pregnyl for the trigger. I believe I had to do 3 days of Ganirelix. Whatever I did do it worked because we retrieved 22 eggs! And out of 22 eggs we had 4 perfect embryos!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Strengths - very welcoming, caring, understanding, knowledgeable, makes you feel at ease, friendly and all around makes you feel hopeful. The waiting room time is very limited and the office is clean. Weaknesses - the doctors schedule is busy so you may have to wait between appts if they are not "scheduled" procedures.
Dr. Ziegler was very caring and had/has a wonderful bedside manner. He immediately understood our situation/concerns and was very easy to speak with. He made us feel very welcomed and at ease.
They were very friendly and helpful. They never gave me information that was crucial without checking with the doctor first. They do need to practice better communication.
Dr. Ziegler is very thorough and explains everything to you. He never makes you feel stupid or lost. He goes over every step and explains every detail. I was overwhelmed when I started IVF. He always made sure I understood and would write everything down. After my lap surgery he contacted me the next day to check in. I thought that was so nice. He treats you like your his family. He will give you his undivided attention. I would refer him and his practice to anyone who is looking to start a family. Hand downs he is the best.
His schedule is busy and sometimes you have to wait for appointments but it is worth every single second.
IVF - we did 10 days of stim medications/injections. I cannot remember the exact meds. I think I used Gonal F, menapour, estradiol and PIO. I used Pregnyl for the trigger. I believe I had to do 3 days of Ganirelix. Whatever I did do it worked because we retrieved 22 eggs! And out of 22 eggs we had 4 perfect embryos!
My insurance covers 90% of everything. I think for total of 2016 between co pays, IUI, lap surgery and IVF I paid about $3000.
He was very strict with how many we could transfer based on my age and the embryo quality. He follows the guidelines. He did go over both single and multiple.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
They [RSC of NJ] communicate well, it's easy to make an appointment and they are kind. Sometimes I feel rushed. They also only do procedures at the Eatontown office which is far from where I live. When having iuis I asked for a little bit later appointment (it was 7am) due to the distance we were driving and they would not accommodate us.... I once got bloodwork done to check progesterone and they did not call to tell me the results, however they did post on the patient portal.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
They communicate well, it's easy to make an appointment and they are kind. Sometimes I feel rushed. They also only do procedures at the Eatontown office which is far from where I live. When having iuis I asked for a little bit later appointment (it was 7am) due to the distance we were driving and they would not accommodate us.
There have been a few times where I felt rushed because the office was busy. I also felt like some of the appointments, like a pre-op appointment could have been combined with another appointment because all I did was sign paperwork and had to pay a copay. When I asked why I had to go on birth control before IVF, the response was that they had to control my cycle because there are so many egg retrievals in the office. Other times he was wonderful and did treat me like a human.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
He has been very through and has answered all questions. The consults have been very informative. I am overweight and I know Dr. Martinez should mention that losing weight would help fertility issues but I felt like he was a little judgmental and I felt like I was being blamed for issues. I know that was not his intention but that is how I felt.
Ask questions.
$40 specialist copay each time (except for bloodwork). $200 hospital bill for hysteroscopy. $240 each month for iui for the medication - we did this 3 times.
LAWRENCEVILLE

With the iuis that was covered under our insurance. With ivf our insurance does not cover anything but they did absolutely try for us. We paid out of pocket so far around $18,000 and I haven't regretted it. We are still undergoing our ivf journey...I love that I can call up [Reproductive Science Center] with any question or concern no matter how crazy and they always take my concern with full attention. I have never felt alone in this whole process I actually feel like they are rooting for me each step of the way.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
I felt like I could get an appointment easily. They were always pleasant on the phone. I have never had an issue with anyone in the office
I felt Dr. Martinez couldn't do enough for us. He always made himself available and even took time to call me with my results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
I love that I can call up with any question or concern no matter how crazy and they always take my concern with full attention. I have never felt alone in this whole process I actually feel like they are rooting for me each step of the way.
I could not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Martinez he took time to make sure we understood everything ever step of the way. He never pressured us or swayed us one way or another he gave us straight facts and let us do what we felt was most comfortable.
You won't be disappointed
I had done two iuis with Dr. Martinez. I was prescribed clomid both times with increased amounts. Although I did not respond well to it he still gave us hope. We are undergoing ivf with Dr. Martinez and he has been great throughout
Dr. Martinez is doing a single transfer because of my age and good health. I completely have faith and trust in him.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
They [Reproductive Science Center] are very knowledgeable and eager to help you with any Infertility issues or questions. I know each time I go that I am in great hands and never feel like a number. They are always very straightforward with protocol... [nurse] Very nice and always calls me back if I leave a message... We felt very comfortable and know we are in great hands with Dr. Zeigler. He has always explained every step and medicine to us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
They are very knowledgeable and eager to help you with any Infertility issues or questions. I know each time I go that I am in great hands and never feel like a number. They are always very straightforward with protocol
After our stillbirth Dr. Zeigler was very nice to us and explained the next steps of conceive another baby when we were emotionally ready
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Courteney )
Very nice and always calls me back if I leave a message
We felt very comfortable and know we are in great hands with Dr. Zeigler. He has always explained every step and medicine to us. Trusting in him since 2016. And one fullterm stillbirth we are trusting in him to help us with our rainbow baby.
Ask all the questions you need he is very knowledgeable
Birth control before cycle then Estridol 3xs daily. Luperon. Progesterone in oil 1ml a day. Crinone
Each fet is 5500. Includes icsi