Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
234 Industrial Way West
Toms River
780 Route 37
Toms River, NJ 08755
732-240-3000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 5Neutral: 19.5
2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They [nurses at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] have been great to me throughout the process...[monitoring hours were] Very convenient and didn't take away from work which was great. Never took more than a half hour...He [Dr. Ziegler] actively follows the guidelines as outlined by SART etc. Single embryo was used with pgs. With non-pgs he follows age based guidelines.
2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Extremely family oriented approach with strong clinical background. Size is potentially a challenge for patient batching. Dr. Mensah and Ziegler are wonderful - Martinez is very nice but can sometimes not be as detailed or take things as seriously. Facilities are beautiful and well thought out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Ziegler is like a member of the family - even when things don't go as well as you hope he is honest and supportive and helps you make the best decision possible for you and your family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Hina )
Very supportive - gave me their own water bottle so I could pee for a test. They have been great to me throughout the process.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
How was your experience with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Ziegler's is a wonderful physician who truly cares about his patients and provides you with the best care possible. He is well regarded in the industry and I appreciate that he doesn't give up on his patients are try to skew his success rates - no matter how hard the case he will do what he can to help you! We have had a rocky road but he has been the one constant source of support throughout a process that not many understand or can help you through. I would say the one limitation is the size of the practice which means patients have to be batched - this can take more time for treatment but I believe this is a very common practice in the industry. Dr. Ziegler is honest and very up to date on the latest research and will give you the honest story on things that may be trending but not clinically validated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Come prepared to ask questions and be honest with things you don't understand. He is great at using analogies or pictures to explain what is happening so don't be afraid to speak up.
Describe the protocols William Ziegler used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Birth Control for 2-3 weeks overlap with low dose lupron 20 units Lupron only for 4 days Stimulation using Follistim/Gonal- F - 225 units (on cycle 2 we went up to 300 half way through Stim) menopur 75 units (on cycle 2 went up to 150 units half way through) estrogen from 2- 6 mg increasing overtime Doxycycline 2X per day for 4 days Medrol - 3 days Progesterone Ethyloleate 1ml - 5 days pre-transfer Crinone - day after transfer Expected decent response - increase happened when not responding as well as first round. Round 1 - 14 eggs harvested, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 non pgs tested embryos FET transfer 2 years later - two embryos - ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks - one identified trisomy 15 2 remaining 3AA and 4BB embryos Endometrial Receptivity Analysis - Receptive Round 2 - 14 eggs harvested 13 mature 10 fertilized 2 blastocyst 1 PGS normal, one trisomy 11 and 22 FET - transferred one embryo - negative test What we have discovered - my blood pressure and thyroid react poorly to estrogen - we now know moving forward to test thyroid frequently and be on BP meds ahead of FET cycle. Interestingly, my body handles a retrieval better than the FET meds - we are considering a fresh transfer as a next step.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
8K for initial retrieval and storage, 8 K for original FET. 15K all in for Retrieval 2 and FET. 700 for PGS testing. Last FET was covered by insurance in full.
Describe William Ziegler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
He actively follows the guidelines as outlined by SART etc. Single embryo was used with pgs. With non-pgs he follows age based guidelines.
Eatontown
The nurses [at Reproductive Science Center of NJ] were just as professional and friendly as Dr. Martinez. They took their time and were sensitive towards our feelings and what we were about to go through...Because of our insurance, we were only covered for appointments and testing to see what our chances of getting pregnant alone were. After that, Dr. Martinez and his staff came up with different options to help us with costs of IVF.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Everyone is amazing here - professional and genuinely interested in helping each patient that walks through their door. They also offer a military discount - even though it doesn't see like much it's something more than others offer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
The entire practice handled our case with the top of the line professionalism, they held our hand and made us feel comfortable all the way through. Dr. Martinez went as far as writing numerous letters to the VA clinics and health insurance to help us with trying to get coverage.
The nurses were just as professional and friendly as Dr. Martinez. They took their time and were sensitive towards our feelings and what we were about to go through
How was your experience with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Martinez takes as much time as needed to cover all the patient's concerns and to get all the info needed to help them. He went the extra mile and wrote letters to the VA on our behalf explaining why we needed medical coverage to get pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Be ready to wait and work through all the check ups - it is worth the time Dr. Martinez takes.
Describe the protocols Alan Martinez used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Dr. Martinez decided that our best way to conceive would be through IVF and ICIS and that it would give us the highest chance of working. Before we could start any treatment, he sent me to have my iron and blood checked out to get cleared before starting the procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Describe Alan Martinez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
none
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The timing [of monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] was pretty convenient for me and most of the time it ran like a well-oiled machine. I was in and out within 15-30 minutes usually...Really like this clinic. They're timely and responsive. They all move pretty quickly through my appointments - haven't had to wait an excessive amount of time to get an appointment and they tend to explain things pretty well. My biggest complaint is informing me about timing - while I understand that things can change during a cycle - I would like to know a roundabout timeframe of when I can expect next processes. Understanding where the process is going and how long each aspect will take would really help me to understand where I'm at.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
They were very quick to answer my questions when I called and left me instructions I needed. I would have liked to see them check in more periodically during the cycle.
Dr. Ziegler is a total professional and really helps to try and explain the procedures and process. He's a straight shooter for sure and tells you how it is. I'm someone who needs a bit more delicate bedside manner but he still made me feel like he's on my team and there to make things work. He's called me after hours multiple times just to make sure he touched base and let me know what's next. I have no doubt that he will continue to be on my team and help me get the outcome we want.
Ask all your questions! Dr. Ziegler knows it all.
Downregulation IVF with ICSI. I used Follistim, Menopur (150 iu and 75 iu respectively). Did not opt for PGS this first time but will do so in our next round. Male factor was the reason why we used ICSI.
The timing was pretty convenient for me and most of the time it ran like a well-oiled machine. I was in and out within 15-30 minutes usually.
Embryo freezing - $900 for the first year PGS Testing - $1200ish for clinic plus a charge per embryo at the PGS testing place. Everything else is covered by insurance 100% after my deductible is paid.
We had a good grade embryo and I'm young so that's why we transferred only 1
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
None, Other
The whole team [at Reproductive Science of New Jersey] was great. Always willing and able to answer any all questions I had at any point in time.... At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm....this also required purchasing a package for that procedure $9K+$11K or $15K (purchase of the Eggs).
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
None, Other
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Strengths-Excellent replies to all inquiries that were made to the Nurses and staff. Weaknesses-Expensive, especially doing it solo. I can't think of anything else at this time..............................
I'd rather not say at this time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
The whole team was great. Always willing and able to answer any all questions I had at any point in time.
I had no issue with Dr. Martinez at all. He's always been great every time I talked to him. Always willing to explain anything and everything I asked him. My issue was mainly with the clinic and something that occurred last year during my treatments. I'd rather not say at this time.
Highly recommend Dr. Martinez. He's always been professional, understanding of circumstances and willing to take the time to explain any and all treatment info and processes.
At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm....this also required purchasing a package for that procedure $9K+$11K or $15K (purchase of the Eggs). None of which was covered by my Insurance, so I borrowed against my 401K and proceeded. Out of the 6 eggs that were fertilized only 1 survived which was used for the IVF cycle; unsuccessfully implanted so now I'm back to where I was with no baby, in debt and locked into my Company and job until it's paid back in 5 yrs. :( I'm taking a break right now struggling with the lack of baby and what I'm going to do next.
Out of pocket was $20K
I'm not familiar with this and/or tried this so, no comment.
LAWRENCEVILLE
They [the nurses at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] were very friendly and helpful. They never gave me information that was crucial without checking with the doctor first. They do need to practice better communication.... we did 10 days of stim medications/injections. I cannot remember the exact meds. I think I used Gonal F, menapour, estradiol and PIO. I used Pregnyl for the trigger. I believe I had to do 3 days of Ganirelix. Whatever I did do it worked because we retrieved 22 eggs! And out of 22 eggs we had 4 perfect embryos!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Strengths - very welcoming, caring, understanding, knowledgeable, makes you feel at ease, friendly and all around makes you feel hopeful. The waiting room time is very limited and the office is clean. Weaknesses - the doctors schedule is busy so you may have to wait between appts if they are not "scheduled" procedures.
Dr. Ziegler was very caring and had/has a wonderful bedside manner. He immediately understood our situation/concerns and was very easy to speak with. He made us feel very welcomed and at ease.
They were very friendly and helpful. They never gave me information that was crucial without checking with the doctor first. They do need to practice better communication.
Dr. Ziegler is very thorough and explains everything to you. He never makes you feel stupid or lost. He goes over every step and explains every detail. I was overwhelmed when I started IVF. He always made sure I understood and would write everything down. After my lap surgery he contacted me the next day to check in. I thought that was so nice. He treats you like your his family. He will give you his undivided attention. I would refer him and his practice to anyone who is looking to start a family. Hand downs he is the best.
His schedule is busy and sometimes you have to wait for appointments but it is worth every single second.
IVF - we did 10 days of stim medications/injections. I cannot remember the exact meds. I think I used Gonal F, menapour, estradiol and PIO. I used Pregnyl for the trigger. I believe I had to do 3 days of Ganirelix. Whatever I did do it worked because we retrieved 22 eggs! And out of 22 eggs we had 4 perfect embryos!
My insurance covers 90% of everything. I think for total of 2016 between co pays, IUI, lap surgery and IVF I paid about $3000.
He was very strict with how many we could transfer based on my age and the embryo quality. He follows the guidelines. He did go over both single and multiple.
Eatontown
With the iuis that was covered under our insurance. With ivf our insurance does not cover anything but they did absolutely try for us. We paid out of pocket so far around $18,000 and I haven't regretted it. We are still undergoing our ivf journey...I love that I can call up [Reproductive Science Center] with any question or concern no matter how crazy and they always take my concern with full attention. I have never felt alone in this whole process I actually feel like they are rooting for me each step of the way.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
I felt like I could get an appointment easily. They were always pleasant on the phone. I have never had an issue with anyone in the office
I felt Dr. Martinez couldn't do enough for us. He always made himself available and even took time to call me with my results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
I love that I can call up with any question or concern no matter how crazy and they always take my concern with full attention. I have never felt alone in this whole process I actually feel like they are rooting for me each step of the way.
I could not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Martinez he took time to make sure we understood everything ever step of the way. He never pressured us or swayed us one way or another he gave us straight facts and let us do what we felt was most comfortable.
You won't be disappointed
I had done two iuis with Dr. Martinez. I was prescribed clomid both times with increased amounts. Although I did not respond well to it he still gave us hope. We are undergoing ivf with Dr. Martinez and he has been great throughout
Dr. Martinez is doing a single transfer because of my age and good health. I completely have faith and trust in him.