Nutrition counseling is not offered

Toms River
780 Route 37
Toms River, NJ 08755
732-240-3000

Dr. Martinez took the time to answer our questions and took all of our concerns into consideration during the plan for our retrieval. He made sure we left our appointments feeling empowered with as much information as possible for each step of the process...He was polite, professional,-and answered our questions and concerns. He also did a thorough job in evaluating all potential issues that can affect fertility. He guided us throughout the process of egg retrieval and had a thorough explanation of what to expect when our embryos were fertilized.
The front desk personnel [at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] are professional, caring, and friendly. They made going in for early morning bloodwork easy and effortless. The staff doing the blood draws were professional and friendly. Our experiences with the nurses during the retrieval procedure were positive. Unfortunately, there were some instances where the staff was not professional, but those issues were addressed and corrected in a timely fashion. Also, the staff could have explained issues related to billing and insurance more clearly and effectively.
How was your experience with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Overall, we had a positive experience with Dr. Martinez. He was polite, professional,-and answered our questions and concerns. He also did a thorough job in evaluating all potential issues that can affect fertility. He guided us throughout the process of egg retrieval and had a thorough explanation of what to expect when our embryos were fertilized. Prior to our transfer being canceled due to Covid-19, he further explained what to expect for our transfer cycle and made sure to answer all of our questions and concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
You should not be afraid to ask questions. He will take the time to answer all your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Alan Martinez used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey and their degree of success.
For our retrieval cycle, we used a long protocol. Our stimulating medicines were Gonal-F and Menopur. Dr. Martinez took my AMH level into consideration for my medication dosage, but increased my dosing after my first ultrasound and bloodwork because my ovaries were not responding as they hoped. Prior to the trigger shot (HCG), my ultrasound showed that I had seventeen follicles with a potential of twelve eggs that would be retrieved. After retrieval, we ended with seven total eggs retrieved and, in our post-retrieval consultation, Dr. Martinez explained that we would start with a higher dosage of stim medications to help with follicle production and growth in the future.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
For the most part, they were attentive to our questions and concerns. However, this attribute was not consistent with every member of the nursing staff. Thus, we had some negative experiences that caused us to raise concerns with Dr. Martinez.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
The front desk personnel are professional, caring, and friendly. They made going in for early morning bloodwork easy and effortless. The staff doing the blood draws were professional and friendly. Our experiences with the nurses during the retrieval procedure were positive. Unfortunately, there were some instances where the staff was not professional, but those issues were addressed and corrected in a timely fashion. Also, the staff could have explained issues related to billing and insurance more clearly and effectively.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
The monitoring appointments were generally well run such that there was not significant wait time for any particular appointment. At most, there were two to three other patients with appointments during that same window. Outside of the one scheduling issue, there were no other appointments that carried a significant wait time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
The prescribed medications during the retrieval process were paid out-of-pocket for a total cost of about $6,100.00. Our insurance partially covered the IVF cycle itself. The total cost for us that was not covered by insurance totaled roughly $5,150.00, which included assisted hatching and PGS. Our total out-of-pocket cost for our retrieval cycle was $11,250.00. Our transfer medications were around $2,500.00.
Describe Alan Martinez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Dr. Martinez recommended a single embryo transfer due to: (1) my age (younger than 38); and (2) my anatomy (I have a bicornuate uterus) which makes it risker to carry multiple s.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
There was a miscommunication that lead to us arriving for an ultrasound that was scheduled by one staff member, but was not on the main schedule for the clinic so that the person performing the ultrasound was aware of that appointment. This issue lead to a significant wait time, but the ultrasound was eventually performed that morning.
Lawrenceville

I think he [Dr. William Ziegler] is a caring and good natured doctor. He seems very smart and knowledgeable in this field...always willing to give time to give a detailed explanation of every step. Every visit always ended with a hug. Results of pregnancy tests were given by phone call directly from him...although I did get pregnant three out of four times. Two were a chemical and one was a miscarriage...
I liked that they [Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey] had convenient hours and locations. Everything seemed clean and up to date...I have had some very good nurses and some not so good. Everyone is generally nice, my main issue was things not always being communicated to me properly...Results of pregnancy tests were given by phone call directly from [Dr. William Ziegler] not a nurse.
How was your experience with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
I think he is a caring and good natured doctor. He seems very smart and knowledgeable in this field. Unfortunately I did not have a baby through his treatments. I assume it wasn’t anything he did, I feel it is my body.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Be patient it doesn’t always work the first time or at all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr Zeigler was always willing to give time to give a detailed explanation of every step. Every visit always ended with a hug. Results of pregnancy tests were given by phone call directly from him not a nurse.
Describe the protocols William Ziegler used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey and their degree of success.
The retrieval was 13 days of gonal f, menopur, Lupron, and Lovenox. Transfers were birth control, Lupron, progesterone, estrogen, lovenox, and foltabs.
I have had some very good nurses and some not so good. Everyone is generally nice, my main issue was things not always being communicated to me properly. Nothing major but there were some mistakes that I thankfully caught along the way.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
I was very happy with the clinic. I liked that they had convenient hours and locations. Everything seemed clean and up to date. The three doctors that work there all seem pretty good. My doctor was Dr Zeigler but I also had Dr Mensah perform a few procedures. I met doctor Martinez once but I didn’t care for him much. He was nice but not a good fit for me. He was my last appointment before a transfer and he questioned things my doctor were doing and told me he wasn’t sure this was a good transfer. I was so far in and it wasn’t being rescheduled I feel he only added stress to my situation. Overall i would recommend them. I must add that although I did get pregnant three out of four times. Two were a chemical and one was a miscarriage. I do not have a living child from treatments.
They were between 7-8 am either location and ran very smooth. I never was there more than a half hour.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
I don’t remember the costs. I will say a lot was covered with insurance. I do know what wasn’t was expected to be paid in full. No discounts
Describe William Ziegler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
We only did single transfer but I wish the last one we did more than one. He recommended against it so I followed that recommendation.
William Ziegler

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Martinez greeted me by name, and remembered previous conversations we had at each appointment. He also remembered my history between cycles and pregnancies, and didn't have to rely just on my charts...very compassionate and trust worthy doctor. When one of our cycles failed he personally called us to discuss why he thought it failed and what our next steps would be. He provided as much information as I requested and always answered my questions. He made me feel comfortable in his care.
Dr. Martinez is a strength of this clinic [Reproductive Science Center of NJ], Dr. Zeigler is as well. I do think the office can get a little hectic, so as a first time patient it can be overwhelming...It is office policy to implant one embryo for the age bracket I was in. I do believe if I pushed to transfer two, we would have been given that option.
Mr. Martinez was a very compassionate and trust worthy doctor. When one of our cycles failed he personally called us to discuss why he thought it failed and what our next steps would be. He provided as much information as I requested and always answered my questions. He made me feel comfortable in his care.
Go in with your own knowledge of what you want and be up front with Dr. Martinez. He has the same goal as you, to result in a healthy pregnancy, and will do all in his power to get you there.
Dr. Martinez started me on Clomid for my first IUI cycle, he believed this was a good entry level attempt for pregnancy. This is also required by a lot of insurance companies. After my first IUI failed and we had to cancel the second round due to cysts on my ovaries did some digging into my insurance. I found out I was not required to do IUI's prior to IVF, and per my discussions with Dr. Martinez, I knew IVF should be our next approach. Dr. Martinez listened to my reasons and he agreed. I believe Dr. Martinez put me on the best protocol for my history and what we knew about my infertility diagnosis.
There were a few nurses in the clinic that would see patients. At my first visit with my meds before my IVF cycle, I expected my nurse to review everything, but she never did. It was assumed I knew how to take all of my meds. There were also times the nurses forgot to tell me something passed on from the doctor.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Dr. Martinez is a strength of this clinic, Dr. Zeigler is as well. I do think the office can get a little hectic, so as a first time patient it can be overwhelming. Don't be afraid to ask for further instructions or help.
There would be a small line waiting for the office to open, but the line always went fast. You could also go to any of the three offices for the morning appointment.
I do believe the costs for Dr. Martinez were in line with other facilities. I did not shop around, but I don't think they had any extra hidden fees.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
On one occasion I was told one thing in the office and another over the phone. It took a follow up call to get it cleared up, but it was fixed.
Eatontown

I had no issue with Dr. Martinez at all. He's always been great every time I talked to him. Always willing to explain anything and everything I asked him.... At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm
The whole team [at Reproductive Science of New Jersey] was great. Always willing and able to answer any all questions I had at any point in time.... At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm....this also required purchasing a package for that procedure $9K+$11K or $15K (purchase of the Eggs).
I had no issue with Dr. Martinez at all. He's always been great every time I talked to him. Always willing to explain anything and everything I asked him. My issue was mainly with the clinic and something that occurred last year during my treatments. I'd rather not say at this time.
Highly recommend Dr. Martinez. He's always been professional, understanding of circumstances and willing to take the time to explain any and all treatment info and processes.
I'd rather not say at this time
At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm....this also required purchasing a package for that procedure $9K+$11K or $15K (purchase of the Eggs). None of which was covered by my Insurance, so I borrowed against my 401K and proceeded. Out of the 6 eggs that were fertilized only 1 survived which was used for the IVF cycle; unsuccessfully implanted so now I'm back to where I was with no baby, in debt and locked into my Company and job until it's paid back in 5 yrs. :( I'm taking a break right now struggling with the lack of baby and what I'm going to do next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
The whole team was great. Always willing and able to answer any all questions I had at any point in time.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Strengths-Excellent replies to all inquiries that were made to the Nurses and staff. Weaknesses-Expensive, especially doing it solo. I can't think of anything else at this time..............................
Out of pocket was $20K
I'm not familiar with this and/or tried this so, no comment.
Lawrenceville

He has been very through and has answered all questions. The consults have been very informative. I am overweight and I know Dr. Martinez should mention that losing weight would help fertility issues but I felt like he was a little judgmental and I felt like I was being blamed for issues. I know that was not his intention but that is how I felt.... When I asked why I had to go on birth control before IVF, the response was that they had to control my cycle because there are so many egg retrievals in the office.
They [RSC of NJ] communicate well, it's easy to make an appointment and they are kind. Sometimes I feel rushed. They also only do procedures at the Eatontown office which is far from where I live. When having iuis I asked for a little bit later appointment (it was 7am) due to the distance we were driving and they would not accommodate us.... I once got bloodwork done to check progesterone and they did not call to tell me the results, however they did post on the patient portal.
Ask questions.
There have been a few times where I felt rushed because the office was busy. I also felt like some of the appointments, like a pre-op appointment could have been combined with another appointment because all I did was sign paperwork and had to pay a copay. When I asked why I had to go on birth control before IVF, the response was that they had to control my cycle because there are so many egg retrievals in the office. Other times he was wonderful and did treat me like a human.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
They communicate well, it's easy to make an appointment and they are kind. Sometimes I feel rushed. They also only do procedures at the Eatontown office which is far from where I live. When having iuis I asked for a little bit later appointment (it was 7am) due to the distance we were driving and they would not accommodate us.
$40 specialist copay each time (except for bloodwork). $200 hospital bill for hysteroscopy. $240 each month for iui for the medication - we did this 3 times.