7.2

West Islip
1111 Montauk Hwy
West Islip, NY 11795

2021, 18 Eggs Frozen
They [nursing staff at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] went over all the details, made sure I felt comfortable giving myself the medications, and called me to review my results and let me know what dose of medications to take. Although they are busy at times, I did not feel rushed and felt that they got to know me...great location, great doctors, great nursing staff, clean and comfortable atmosphere, great communication. The office is easily accessible by public transportation...Busy at times, but they run efficient.
How was your experience with Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Fritz was very warm, kind, and compassionate. He broke down the egg freezing process in detail and explained it terms that I was able to understand. He was accessible by email and quick to return emails during the process when questions came up. He knew I was nervous going into the retrieval and called to follow up with me the next day and let me know how many eggs we were able to freeze. I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Fritz.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Feel free to ask Dr. Fritz all the questions you may have- he is great at explaining things and ensuring that you are aware of what is being done during your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Fritz was very kind, warm, knowledgable, and comforting. From the initial consult, he took the time to explain the egg freezing process in detail and answered all my questions. Nothing ever felt rushed. He was always accessible by email to answer questions I had along the way. Knowing that I was very nervous going into this egg retrieval, he called me after the procedure to check in and discussed how many eggs we froze. The wait to have my ultrasounds and blood work was never very long and the nurse and assistant drawing my blood were always very pleasant and personable.
Describe the protocols Rani Fritz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
He first started me on birth control for about 1 week. After the birth control he started me on two separate injection medications (Menopur and Gonal F). After a couple of days on those injections he started a third injection called Cetrotide to prevent me from releasing my eggs. Twenty eggs were retrieved, of which 18 were able to be frozen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The nursing staff was great! They went over all the details, made sure I felt comfortable giving myself the medications, and called me to review my results and let me know what dose of medications to take. Although they are busy at times, I did not feel rushed and felt that they got to know me.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Strengths- great location, great doctors, great nursing staff, clean and comfortable atmosphere, great communication. The office is easily accessible by public transportation. Weaknesses- Busy at times, but they run efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I had coverage for the consult, but I did not have coverage for the egg freezing process. The cost for the egg freezing and medications were separate- all together approximately $10,000.
Describe Rani Fritz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I did egg freezing, not planning on transferring an embryo anytime soon, but he did say if I ever use these that he will favor transferring 1 embryo.
Brooklyn

It feels like a family [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York]. Everyone knows me, that I am a teacher, my history of pregnancy loss, my husband, etc. They know this and are considerate and kind. They get me appointments ASAP and always help me book them in the early mornings so I can make it to my school and classroom on time. Because it is so small, sometimes it can run very behind (especially if the usual nurse or doctor is away). Other than that, it is always a wonderful experience.
How was your experience with Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Dondik does a good job at looking at the individual rather than throw you into a routine because that is how it is usually done. For example, I make excellent progesterone. I make it each month and don't need help making it or keeping it elevated. Because of this, Dr. Dondik suggested I do a cycle without synthetic progesterone at all. I felt confident in this decision because it not only addressed my need but also allowed me to take a more "natural" path (as natural as IVF and FET can get, anyway). Dr. Dondik is also very understanding and considerate. She talks through options with me based on her recommendations and also what I can do realistically financially. She is kind and compassionate. For example, because I suffer from recurrent miscarriage she comes into every OB ultrasound so that she can tell me right away if there is a problem. I appreciate this because there isn't a pause where the ultrasound tech has to go get her. Dr. Dondik is also supportive during difficult times (like my miscarriages). I was having a lot of pain and was struggling to cope with it. She walked me through different pain management plans and let me choose the one that sounded the best for me personally. I do wish Dr. Dondik did all of my procedures (such as egg retrieval and FET). However, my clinic is set up so that doctors take turns rotating on the OR and it depends on which day you need for which doctor you get.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself with challenging questions, ideas, or concerns. Also, don't be afraid to show your emotions. Dr. Dondik is capable and handles it all with grace and care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Dondik is very kind and takes her time to explain everything to me and answer all of my questions. I do a lot of research and bring ideas and concerns to the table based on my research. She never feels threatened or annoyed by this. Rather, she engages me on my ideas or concerns, and walks me through her recommendations and shares research as to why she recommends specific things. I have had four transfers and so far four miscarriages. When she diagnosed me with the last miscarriage, she actually got a little bit teary herself. It showed me that she really cares for me as a woman who is struggling - not just as a name on a chart or as a statistic. Also, during my egg retrieval cycle, there was some frustrating news that came up with my blood work. Dr. Dondik took the time to call me herself and make sure I understood what it meant and my next steps. I felt very respected and seen.
Describe the protocols Yelena Dondik used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Dondik had be doing an agonist protocol. It started with birth control for about two weeks. Then I started injections of Gonal-F and Menopur. In my previous cycle, my estrogen level got too high too fast so she started me on a much lower dose. This helped with my estrogen. Over the course of 13 days my doses increased slightly. On my last day of stims, my estrogen jumped from about 2000 to 5500 overnight. She called to tell me that with estrogen that high before a trigger and retrieval, I was at serious risk for OHSS and that we would move this cycle to a freeze all. I appreciated her being so upfront with me so I could prepare myself for a freeze all. Dr. Dondik had be trigger with lupron to help avoid the estrogen spike that would come with an hcg trigger. On the day of retrieval I had 21 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, and ended up with four 5 day blastocysts. One was "good" and the other three were "fair".
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena )
Elena is calm, caring, and extremely efficient. At first, she can come off as a little cold and distant. However, when you need her to be there for you she is as warm, kind, and caring as possible. She is supportive of schedules (I am an educator and need early appointments and she does that whenever possible and explains to me when she can't and why). She knows me and my history and is extremely delicate with beta hcg results. She is also good at answering my many questions, calls me back (or sends a portal message) within 24 hours (but almost always the same day), and never minds me taking care of my needs (whatever they may be). I trust her with my information, my medicine, and my treatments whole heartedly.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
My clinic is the smaller offshoot office which means it is generally the same staff each and every visit. I love this about the RSNY Brooklyn office. It feels like a family. Everyone knows me, that I am a teacher, my history of pregnancy loss, my husband, etc. They know this and are considerate and kind. They get me appointments ASAP and always help me book them in the early mornings so I can make it to my school and classroom on time. Because it is so small, sometimes it can run very behind (especially if the usual nurse or doctor is away). Other than that, it is always a wonderful experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I have insurance that covers monitoring appointments, some tests (not PGT or sperm fragmentation), and two retrievals (but not transfers). So out of pocket costs for me in total is around 14,000$. This includes diagnostic cycles, three IUI, two retrievals, embryo/embryologists costs (including insemination, freezing, storage), and four transfers.
Describe Yelena Dondik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Dr. Dondik recommends one embryo if they are tested and test normal. However, in my two cycles I did not do PGT testing becuase my insurance didn't cover it. My first transfer with her I did one embryo. It resulted in a chemical pregnancy. In my second transfer I transferred two untested embryo. It resulted in a singleton pregnancy that miscarried at around 7 weeks (but it wasn't viable from the first scan at 5 weeks).
Brooklyn
I received IVF treatment with a frozen transfer [with Dr. Dondik]. I was placed on injections to help produce eggs in a natural cycle...Dr Dondik and her staff will do what it takes to ensure each patient receives the appropriate care every step of the way...approach to embryo transfer was based on my age as well as successful outcome of pregnancy...always displayed good bedside manner each and every time she entered the room. She ensured to answer all questions in a clear, precise manner and with clarity and understanding. Dr Dondik as well as her staff greeted each patient with a warm welcome greeting as well as ensured all questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner.
[The nurses at Reproductive Specialists of New York are] Professional, friendly, knowledgeable, understanding and compassion...eager to help and assist any way they could. The clinic environment was well kept, clean and provided a warm friendly atmosphere...staff will do what it takes to ensure each patient receives the appropriate care every step of the way...I received IVF treatment with a frozen transfer. I was placed on injections to help produce eggs in a natural cycle. I had one cycle of egg retrieval and one cycle of egg transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy
Dr Dondik was an amazing doctor, she always displayed a caring, welcoming, friendly, professional demeanor. She took the time to speak with patients and addressed all concerns with a clear understanding. Dr Dondik always displayed compassion and made you feel comfortable. As a patient I felt confident, comfortable, understood and reassured about all treatments and procedures under Dr Dondik care
Dr Dondik and her staff will do what it takes to ensure each patient receives the appropriate care every step of the way. You can trust your care with Dr Dondik
Dr Dondik always displayed good bedside manner each and every time she entered the room. She ensured to answer all questions in a clear, precise manner and with clarity and understanding. Dr Dondik as well as her staff greeted each patient with a warm welcome greeting as well as ensured all questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena Longoria)
Professional, friendly, knowledgeable, understanding and compassion.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The Clinic was staffed with friendly, professional, welcoming, knowledgeable staff. Who was eager to help and assist any way they could. The clinic environment was well kept, clean and provided a warm friendly atmosphere.
Dr Dondik approach to embryo transfer was based on my age as well as successful outcome of pregnancy
Brooklyn

I rarely saw Dr. Trivax ... When I told him I would like to have more information because I felt like I was getting misinformation on the internet, specifically I had a question about cervical mucus, he said to me, " you're the kind of patient that if we could remove your head from your body, you'd be pregnant in no time." ... When I finally had the HSG, it showed one partially blocked tube but he had never even checked this.
We had critical problems with billing. They assured us that IVF was completely covered by our insurance. This was incorrect. ... the place [Reproductive Specialists of NY] pretty much runs like clockwork and helps you to miss less work. The nursing staff is always very professional. I appreciate that they are not touchy feely; it's a group of strong women who never honey me but help me keep it together. The only bad experiences I've had is when they have to sub someone in from the Long Island office.
How was your experience with Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Trivax is very positive. He asked who I would like to deliver my baby with in our first meeting, which might be comforting for some women but was very odd to me. His manner is to focus on the quick and positive outcome of a baby. Very little information was given to me about my diagnosis and so I often turned to the internet. When I told him I would like to have more information because I felt like I was getting misinformation on the internet, specifically I had a question about cervical mucus, he said to me, " you're the kind of patient that if we could remove your head from your body, you'd be pregnant in no time." As a result, I was embarrasses and blamed my inability to get pregnant on overthinking. He asked me to leave things to the experts and not worry about it. After 2 medicated cycles and 5 IUIs, my acupuncturist asked if he had ever ordered an HSG test for me. He had not. I had to demand one. When I finally had the HSG, it showed one partially blocked tube but he had never even checked this. This was the moment that I realized that he was actually not being thorough and that I really began to doubt what was going on and the choices I had made for my care in this overwhelming situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Advocate for yourself and go with your gut. Make sure to find out what tests you need. A positive attitude is helpful but science is even more helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I rarely saw Dr. Trivax but when I did, he didn't talk specifically about my case but about how I would be pregnant in no time. I mainly saw the nurse and other staff. When I did have the opportunity to ask questions, he was not forthright with explanations and asked me to leave it to the experts.
Describe the protocols Bradley Trivax used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I wasn't really provided a rationale. He told my husband and myself that our infertility was unexplained when, in fact, I have diminished ovarian reserve. So we started with medicated cycles and then moved on to IUIs since that was what our insurance covered. When he left the practice, he told me that my eggs are too hard for the sperm to penetrate. However, since I have never had an IVF procedure, this was entirely speculative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena)
The nurse who runs the show is Elena and she is direct but kind. I have confidence in her. Merle does ultrasounds and is the reason I stayed even when I started having doubts because she is a charming and professional person who makes a very invasive experience one that I can handle. Laverne is the nurse who takes blood and is always nice to chat to. She always manages to get my blood despite my small veins. This team kept me at the clinic because they do the lion's share of the work and I knew I was lucky to have them.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They have babies everywhere in here: the magazines, advertisements, etc. I wish it was a better environment in the waiting room, bu those waiting rooms are treacherous places. However, the place pretty much runs like clockwork and helps you to miss less work. The nursing staff is always very professional. I appreciate that they are not touchy feely; it's a group of strong women who never honey me but help me keep it together. The only bad experiences I've had is when they have to sub someone in from the Long Island office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Our insurance, because of NY State mandate, covered most of our expenses.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
We had critical problems with billing. They assured us that IVF was completely covered by our insurance. This was incorrect. Even when I called to tell them that I believed they were wrong, they convinced me that I was mistaken. We thankfully realized the error was on their part as we were beginning an IVF cycle, which we then transitioned to IUI. Naturally, we were heartbroken by this confusion. The nursing staff was very apologetic but it seemed like an error that their billing department should be better skilled at given what is at stake for people. For the first 9 months we never received a correct bill and this was very stressful.
Brooklyn

Each time Dr. Trivax was in the office and I had an ultrasound (not just blood work), we met to discuss my treatment... He's incredibly knowledgable and helped me to ovulate (I have PCOS) and instilled confidence I would conceive (but unfortunately had 4 failed IUIs)... it would have been nice to see him more than I did. The RSNY Brooklyn office is convenient to where I live, however it became clear early on that the Mineola office is RSNY's priority. (Dr. Trivax is in Brooklyn maybe a little more than half the week.)
RSNY does like to get patients in and out, but I certainly felt like a human while being treated by RSNY. Each time Dr. Trivax was in the office and I had an ultrasound (not just blood work), we met to discuss my treatment. Elaina (RN) is pretty blunt, but gets the job done thoroughly and effectively...The RSNY Brooklyn office is convenient to where I live, however it became clear early on that the Mineola office is RSNY's priority. (Dr. Trivax is in Brooklyn maybe a little more than half the week.)
I had a great experience with Dr. Trivax and the Brooklyn office overall. He's quite laid back and performs his job in a no BS way, which I appreciated. He's incredibly knowledgable and helped me to ovulate (I have PCOS) and instilled confidence I would conceive (but unfortunately had 4 failed IUIs).
I have only the best things to say about Dr. Trivax, except it would have been nice to see him more than I did. The RSNY Brooklyn office is convenient to where I live, however it became clear early on that the Mineola office is RSNY's priority. (Dr. Trivax is in Brooklyn maybe a little more than half the week.)
Due to my insurance coverage, Dr. Trivax prescribed Clomid, trigger shot to ovulate and IUI each of the 4 times. (I elected to not do the IUI, but timed intercourse, for one of the 4 times.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana)
Elana definitely is good at her job although she can be somewhat short and abrupt. She's all business and keeps the office moving efficiently.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It's important to know that the Brooklyn office is a satellite location for RSNY with the Long Island locations are the primary focus where most procedures occur. I had to travel to Mineola on Monday morning for an IUI because there was no doctor available for my IUI in Brooklyn and there was always a possibility of needing to go to Mineola for treatment. This increased stress levels considerably.
My insurance covered 100% of treatment with a $50 copay each visit.
Brooklyn

He [Dr. Trivax] is kind and warm and funny. He is positive and easy going. I enjoy him as a person and as a doctor he was thorough, knowledgeable and on top of my case. I did 4 IUI's and then one cycle of IVF with him and I am now 3 months pregnant with my first! He was amazing throughout the whole process and I'm so grateful that I stuck with him for the IVF even after failed IUI's...
They [Repro Specialists of NY Brooklyn] are small so they pay more attention, always call you back and are easy to work with overall. I worked with a larger clinic that didn't pay any attention or know your name, so this place was great compared to that...She [nurse] is blunt, which can occasionally rub someone the wrong way, but I thought she was a great nurse, one of the best in the center. She remembers details really well and always knew my name and everything about my case. She was quick to get back to me with good information...
He is kind and warm and funny. He is positive and easy going. I enjoy him as a person and as a doctor he was thorough, knowledgeable and on top of my case. I did 4 IUI's and then one cycle of IVF with him and I am now 3 months pregnant with my first! He was amazing throughout the whole process and I'm so grateful that I stuck with him for the IVF even after failed IUI's.
Pay attention to your own case details because as much as I trust the doctors and nurses there, they see a lot of people.
He was very kind, warm and positive. He was great about calling us back and helping ease our concerns. He spent more time with us answering questions than any other doctor.
She is blunt, which can occasionally rub someone the wrong way, but I thought she was a great nurse, one of the best in the center. She remembers details really well and always knew my name and everything about my case. She was quick to get back to me with good information.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They are small so they pay more attention, always call you back and are easy to work with overall. I worked with a larger clinic that didn't pay any attention or know your name, so this place was great compared to that. But you have to be your own advocate everywhere you go. Everyone I worked with was kind and compassionate. The office in Brooklyn is lovely.
with IUI I only paid copays. Testing was the same. Once we moved on to IVF we were very lucky to get a NYS grant for financial assistance. It was the only way we were able to make IVF happen. They processed our application quickly and without delay. I am so grateful to RS for making that happen for us! After the grant we paid a small portion of IVF cost and elective genetic testing on the embryos- about 8 grand.
Brooklyn

Dr Trivax is patient and encouraging, regardless of how frustrated or disappointed I became due to failed cycles. I would highly recommend him. My only objection was the fact that I endured four miscarriages prior to him implementing a medication regimen of progesterone, steroids, round of antibiotics and Lovenox in order to prevent another miscarriage.
Clients [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] can be seen early morning, prior to work. The only complaint I have about the clinic is Dr. Bray's bedside manner. We ended up switching doctors from Dr. Bray to Dr. Trivax, halfway through treatments....I LOVE the staff here. From Michelle, office biller/manager, to Alina (sp?), head nurse, to Stacy and the ultrasound nurse, everyone was friendly, welcoming and incredibly supportive, especially when the tears started to flow. :)
Ask ALL of your questions; none are stupid or irrelevant. Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself.
Dr. Trivax took his time to listen to my concerns and anxieties. He was also patient in answering my questions. Despite my feeling discouraged at times, he remained positive that our treatments would result in a positive pregnancy test and that I would carry to term.
I used Clomid for my first treatment cycle with Dr. Trivax (not my first treatment cycle). This resulted in positive pregnancy test and a miscarriage (chemical pregnancy-don't like that term) at 5w6days. The 2nd treatment cycle, the next month was non-medicated (no Clomid). Steroid and round of antibiotic started day of IUI procedure. Vaginal progesterone suppositories started two days after IUI. Lovenox started at first confirmed pregnancy blood test, two weeks post IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alina)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Clients can be seen early morning, prior to work. The only complaint I have about the clinic is Dr. Bray's bedside manner. We ended up switching doctors from Dr. Bray to Dr. Trivax, halfway through treatments.
I had a huge deductible to meet prior to insurance covering our IUI treatments, so my cost is likely more than others if you'v met your deductible or have a low deductible.
2014 - 2016, Successful
Ask questions and express any concerns. She [Dr. Mary Bray] takes concerns very seriously and wants to know if you're having a hard time emotionally. She will also make a significant effort to make sure you fully understand and are comfortable. She is cut and dry, which I can see would turn off some people, but it was her frankness that helped me make good informed decisions about my treatment.
The availability of early appointments [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] is great but it was annoying to trek to mineola for any necessary weekend appointments or transfers and retrievals. Lucily that didn't happen too often. They put in effort to communicate with your insurance agency and make everything as simple as possible...Dr. Bray is knowledgeable, up to date on research, and uses evidenced based medicine. She is obviously passionately engaged in her field. She adjusted my cycles quickly when unexpected things happened and was adaptable. I felt that she was the first doctor to accurately represent what my chances were for each cycle, all the while still being hopeful.
How was your experience with Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Ask questions and express any concerns. She takes concerns very seriously and wants to know if you're having a hard time emotionally. She will also make a significant effort to make sure you fully understand and are comfortable. She is cut and dry, which I can see would turn off some people, but it was her frankness that helped me make good informed decisions about my treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
While Dr. Bray does not have a particularly touchy Feely manner she obviously cares about her patients, their success and we'll being. She made decision factors very clear but always respected your decision. I greatly appreciated the candor because I knew I could trust her and she wasn't just trying to make money off me or make me "feel better". She answers questions thoroughly as well and will take the time to explain and re-explain without trying to kick you out of the office.
Describe the protocols Mary Bray (retired) used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
We had to do a certain number of IUI cycles before insurance would cover IVF. I took a low dose of Femara to stimulate egg production each cycle which worked but I did not become pregnant. She informed us earlier that due to my diagnosis, IVF would most likely be the successful treatment. I did one egg retreval with injectables menapur, gonal f, and ganarelix. I was also put on estrogen and projesterone. The third egg transfer was successful with a natural cycle as I ovulated on my own and responded unpredictably to the estrogen.
Everyone was friendly, warm, helpful, and caring. They always responded to requests quickly and the office is organized and efficient.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The availability of early appointments is great but it was annoying to trek to mineola for any necessary weekend appointments or transfers and retrievals. Lucily that didn't happen too often. They put in effort to communicate with your insurance agency and make everything as simple as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Most was covered by insurance but I did have to pay for some drugs, some for ivf transfers, retrievals, and the cost of embryo storange.
Brooklyn

Dr. Dondik took time with us, always explaining her recommendations in as much detail as we asked for. She was warm and empathetic and responded to our concerns with reassurance and helpful context. She also conveyed her passion for the field to us and inspired not just hope but also fascination in the science of reproductive medicine....As I didn't ovulate in the first cycle we tracked, I was given Femara (Letrozole) to stimulate ovulation. We did that for two cycles, inseminating during both. I got pregnant the second time.
Elena and the rest of the nursing and reception staff [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] were unfailingly kind, knowledgeable, responsive, helpful, and professional...We enjoyed and appreciated our time at the clinic. It's well run, clean, efficient, and beautiful. It's much smaller and more intimate than the previous clinic we went to in Park Slope. And the views are amazing!...There was some sort of mistake in scheduling our initial appointment, where the clinic had no record of the appointment that was made. They handled it very smoothly though and happened to have an opening, so I was able to be seen as planned.
We loved Dr. Dondik! She exemplified warm, caring professionalism and we wished we could have stayed with her and the clinic throughout the pregnancy. She was up to date with the current science and could coherently explain it, and was emotionally intelligent as well.
Appreciate the time you've got with her!
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elene Longoria)
Elena and the rest of the nursing and reception staff were unfailingly kind, knowledgeable, responsive, helpful, and professional.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
We were fortunate enough that my insurance covered nearly everything.
Brooklyn

Dr. Bray is a wonderful doctor...She’s very straight forward and doesn’t really sugar coat anything which to me is perfect. But for others it might come across as rough/harsh. She answers all my questions at all times. For the most part she’s been very conservative with my treatmeants which I’m ok with and every cycle she’ll increase my meds a bit... All in all, I would recommend her at any time. Although I haven’t been successful with having a baby. She’s really trying and you really can’t blame the doctors. They are there to assist as much as possible. At the end of the day it’s in God’s perfect timing.
Elaina [nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York] works hand in hand with Dr. Bray. She’s awesome and has always been our go to with extra questions or concerns. She always always responds in a timely manner. Super sweet as well...It’s a beautiful office, with great staff. Everyone is pleasant, understanding we are already worrying so much about our infertility issues they try to relate and show compassion. Being that I visit the office 2 times a week most of the time they’ve become my second family.
Dr. Bray is a wonderful doctor along with her team at the Brooklyn office. She’s very straight forward and doesn’t really sugar coat anything which to me is perfect. But for others it might come across as rough/harsh. She answers all my questions at all times. For the most part she’s been very conservative with my treatmeants which I’m ok with and every cycle she’ll increase my meds a bit. It’s resulted in 1 pregnancy but miscarried shortly after .... I’m ready to peruse my IVF journey with her. All in all, I would recommend her at any time. Although I haven’t been successful with having a baby. She’s really trying and you really can’t blame the doctors. They are there to assist as much as possible. At the end of the day it’s in God’s perfect timing.
Be prepared with questions and trust the process.
The office staff are very personable and they care. They are very on top of your care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elaina, RN)
Elaina works hand in hand with Dr. Bray. She’s awesome and has always been our go to with extra questions or concerns. She always always responds in a timely manner. Super sweet as well.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
IUIs have been covered by my insurance. I just pay copayments on my meds. My IVF is not covered.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I really liked Dr. Trivax personally. He had a good attitude and was very positive and encouraging and also listened to my concerns....Dr. Trivax did meet with me at most appointments and was easy to talk to. He clearly described his proposed approach. I think he could have provided me more information regarding chance of success, potential issues and side effects of hormones...Ask lots of questions and try to make your appointments before 9 am.
The staff [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] were also generally nice and welcoming; however, at times they were a bit brusque and not very empathetic on some of the days when I was more emotional about the whole process...The strengths are that they are very helpful with insurance issues, generally very nice and efficient, it is fairly easy to make appointments and the office is very nice and filled with sunlight. The main weakness is that the Brooklyn office does not perform IVF's. You need to go to Long Island for that procedure...
Ask lots of questions and try to make your appointments before 9 am. I found they were starting to run late around that time.
I really liked Dr. Trivax personally. He had a good attitude and was very positive and encouraging and also listened to my concerns. The staff were also generally nice and welcoming; however, at times they were a bit brusque and not very empathetic on some of the days when I was more emotional about the whole process.
I did IUI twice with femera. I also did one cycle with femera and no IUI. All attempts were unfortunately unsuccessful and I decided to take a break from fertility treatments for a while.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I had a $30 co-pay for each visit, which was determined by my insurer. My insurance pays all reproductive costs up to $10,000. I believe that my 9 months of treatment with two IUIs used up approximately $3,000 of that cap.

2009 - 2014, Successful
I LOVED Bradley Trivax. He is amazing. He allowed me to partner in the process. He gave me his email address so I could ask questions whenever they come up. I don't know of ANY other RE that does that. He is amazing!!!...He was fabulous! Explained everything. Very gentle and patient. Wonderful sense of humor. Seemed incredibly caring and honest. I felt like he cared about me as a person and was willing to share his thought process about my treatment protocol. Very available to answer questions. I always saw him when he was in the office. I never "just" saw the nurse or lab technician, which I have heard happens at other practices.
I thought they [staff at Reproductive Specialists of New York] were great. I wish they did all procedures in Brooklyn but going to Long Island wasn't too bad because I didn't have to do it very often...I LOVED Bradley Trivax. He is amazing. He allowed me to partner in the process. He gave me his email address so I could ask questions whenever they come up. I don't know of ANY other RE that does that. He is amazing!!!
Ask for his email address!
Four Clomid ICIs (I have PCOS so didn't do any unmedicated cycles) with trigger 1 injectible ICI with trigger 2 IVF cycles (several years apart) with Menopur, Ganrelix, I forget the other one, plus trigger 1 medicated FET 2 unmedicated FET with trigger 1 fresh transfer
She was very kind but rather... brusque? to the point.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I thought they were great. I wish they did all procedures in Brooklyn but going to Long Island wasn't too bad because I didn't have to do it very often.
Describe Bradley Trivax's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
He was flexible and supportive of transferring either one or two. I transferred two with my first FET, which was before strong recommendations existed for eSET (2010) I did eSET for my other FETs, which were several years after the first FET (2014).
Dr Trivax forgot that i have an aspirin intolerance and recommended I take it for a FET.
Brooklyn

She [Dr. Mary Bray] knew my name, I felt like I knew her personally and could ask anything....She is wonderful. From the moment I met her I felt/feel I was in the right hands. Im sure she will help us reach our goals. She is reassuring, honest, direct and knowledgeable. Im happy she is my doctor...Dont be turned off by her directness. She really truly wants what you want and has dedicated her whole life to women being able to have a family.
The clinic [Repro Specialists of NY Brooklyn] has convenient hours, friendly caring staff. You can feel that they really care in that office. Im so happy I go here. Anyone who goes here will be happy and safe. There arent any weaknesses to this office. Its a caring convenient office....[Nursing Staff] They are wonderful. They all know me by name. I feel safe in that office... it was overwhelming for me the first time around. I just followed instructions.
She knew my name, I felt like I knew her personally and could ask anything.
I dont remember, it was overwhelming for me the first time around. I just followed instructions.
They are wonderful. They all know me by name. I feel safe in that office.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic has convenient hours, friendly caring staff. You can feel that they really care in that office. Im so happy I go here. Anyone who goes here will be happy and safe. There arent any weaknesses to this office. Its a caring convenient office.
Insurance covered my visits
Describe Mary Bray (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
My doc agreed that because of my age she would transfer 2. We both agreed thats the ideal number.

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bray came off as very uncaring...only seemed interested in convincing me to use donor eggs and as soon as I objected, she tore up the sheet she was writing on and said, we have nothing further to discuss. If you're not onboard with the whole donor egg recommendation, she doesn't want to be bothered with you anymore...doesn't seem to have time to investigate why you may be having an issue with your fertility...
The people working at the front desk were nice, however, if you're looking for a caring, attentive, compassionate and investigative practice; this [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] is not it!...[nurses] didn't really seem engaged with their patients. It felt like a cattle call...I showed up for a scheduled appointment, and was told that the appointment was canceled...why didn't someone call me to say that?
Dr. Bray came off as very uncaring and wasn't concerned about actually providing any semblance of assistance in getting to the bottom of why or what steps could be taken in order to improve your fertility. If you're not there to use a donor egg, you may as well just get up and walk out, or she will!
Just don't go! Seek out someone who cares and is willing to work with you, even if you may have diminished ovarian reserve. You CAN still conceive with your own eggs using the right protocol, contrary to what Dr. Bray would have you believe.
While speaking with Dr. Bray, she only seemed interested in convincing me to use donor eggs and as soon as I objected, she tore up the sheet she was writing on and said, we have nothing further to discuss. If you're not onboard with the whole donor egg recommendation, she doesn't want to be bothered with you anymore. She doesn't seem to have time to investigate why you may be having an issue with your fertility. All she cares about is getting you to pay for donor eggs.
The first time I saw Dr. Bray, which was around 2009, the only thing done was an ultrasound which revealed I was ovulating, and I was then told that I needed to BD that night. This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. After my blood work-up in 2017, it revealed a high FSH level and based on that she said the only way you will get pregnant is with donor eggs. I said I don't want to use donor eggs, she subsequently got up and walked out. I guess the appointment was over at that point.
The nursing staff was nice, but didn't really seem engaged with their patients. It felt like a cattle call.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The people working at the front desk were nice, however, if you're looking for a caring, attentive, compassionate and investigative practice; this is not it! If you have an elevated fsh, you'll be told that, you don't have a
I only had basic blood test performed, which tested for fsh, lh, progesterone, etc., and it seemed pricey. Looking over a bill I received from them, $70 for each of those tests. Very expensive when I can get a fsh/lh test for $38.
It didn't get this far, so I can't comment.
I showed up for a scheduled appointment, and was told that the appointment was canceled. Well, why didn't someone call me to say that? Why do I have to waste my time, show up, before someone can tell me this! Very unprofessional!
2021, Successful
Dr. Fritz quickly ordered all necessary tests and quickly found out everything. Dr Fritz was great in offering all options, we decided to go the IVF route. IVF is a difficult and confusing process. But with Dr Fritz and the team of staff at the clinic, the whole process was absolutely seamless...Dr Fritz really cares for his patients only matched by his skills as a doctor.
IVF is a difficult and confusing process. But with Dr Fritz and the team of staff at the clinic [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY], the whole process was absolutely seamless. The professional and friendly staff assisted in making sure everything that could be covered would be covered by insurance and answered questions regarding medication, doses, procedures, and appointments.
After some complications trying to get pregnant. My husband and I were losing hope. It was a mystery why I couldn't hold my pregnancy. Dr. Fritz quickly ordered all necessary tests and quickly found out everything. Dr Fritz was great in offering all options, we decided to go the IVF route. IVF is a difficult and confusing process. But with Dr Fritz and the team of staff at the clinic, the whole process was absolutely seamless. The professional and friendly staff assisted in making sure everything that could be covered would be covered by insurance and answered questions regarding medication, doses, procedures, and appointments. Dr Fritz really cares for his patients only matched by his skills as a doctor. He told us that he was confident and we were happy to recently graduate from the clinic to an obgyn and going 9th week into our pregnancy. Thank you Dr Fritz and team!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It was not that much compared that I expected
Brooklyn
She [Dr. Dondik] was always positive about our circumstance despite any setbacks. When we did not achieve our desired results she was realistic in what was best for us but never lumped us in a category. She was never anxious and always calm. She always made us feel at ease and we always felt comfortable asking her any questions. She is great at explaining IVF, IUI, and other fertility treatments. We never left her office unsure about these special treatments. She was also avaiable to reach outside of the office. We talked to her via phone or video. Every conversation was personable and very interactive.
Dr. Dondik [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] made us feel like we were her only patients. She would talk to us without interuption or delay. She had enough time for our questions and we understood our unqiue situation when we left her office. She was personable and relateable which created a strong connection with us. She built a lot of trust with us because we were treated as individuals who have special needs
Dr.Dondik is super nice first of all. She always had a pleasent attitude. Smiling makes a difference at 7am in the morning and she never shyed away from having a nice smile on her face. She was always positive about our circumstance despite any setbacks. When we did not achieve our desired results she was realistic in what was best for us but never lumped us in a category. She was never anxious and always calm. She always made us feel at ease and we always felt comfortable asking her any questions. She is great at explaining IVF, IUI, and other fertility treatments. We never left her office unsure about these special treatments. She was also avaiable to reach outside of the office. We talked to her via phone or video. Every conversation was personable and very interactive.
I would tell the patient they are in good hands and Dr Dondik has there best interest.
Dr. Dondik made us feel like we were her only patients. She would talk to us without interuption or delay. She had enough time for our questions and we understood our unqiue situation when we left her office. She was personable and relateable which created a strong connection with us. She built a lot of trust with us because we were treated as individuals who have special needs
Yelena Dondik

My husband and I initial visit with [Dr. Yelena Dondik] was very comfortable. Based on our medical history by the end of the visit Dr.Dondik made a plan for us, explaining every step of the process. She did an excellent job with her knowledge, confidence and patience...I felt like a human because of Dr.Dondik's Compassion towards my husband and I situation as a young couple trying to conceive naturally but was unable to do so.
[NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists is a] Very clean and well organized office. I never waited more than 10 mins after my appointment time. They were very flexible if I was running late, just call or they will...the view was amazing in the waiting area. Each and every one of them [staff] was courteous, professional, and made my visit as comfortable as they possibly could. This experience would not have been the same without (Nurse) Elena, she was very knowledgeable with my plan of care and consistently answers all my questions before and after all my appointments.
My husband and I initial visit with Dr.Dondik was very comfortable. Based on our medical history by the end of the visit Dr.Dondik made a plan for us, explaining every step of the process. She did an excellent job with her knowledge, confidence and patience.
If you're anything like myself, write down all the questions you may have before going to your appointment so when you leave the office you'll be satisfied all your questions were answered.
I cannot begin to express my satisfaction with the staff at Dr.Dondik's office.From the front desk, Medical assistance, Sono Tec. to the Nurse's (especially Elena).Each and every one of them was courteous, professional, and made my visit as comfortable as they possibly could. This experience would not have been the same without (Nurse) Elena, she was very knowledgeable with my plan of care and consistently answers all my questions before and after all my appointments.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Very clean and well organized office. I never waited more than 10 mins after my appointment time. They were very flexible if I was running late, just call or they will. Completely off topic but the view was amazing in the waiting area.
Brooklyn
Dr. Dondik will breakdown everything for you so that you can make your own decision [about Eset]. She will recommend anything that will be in your favor. Multiple embryo transfer was not something that was recommended to me...was very kind she was open to answer as much questions as you had. I was treated as an individual not a number...She asks questions, she wants you to ask as many questions as you need. I love the fact she is very personable. She able to work with your schedule especially if your is very busy like mines was. She's the best!
They [nurses at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] were great! Very kind ladies...They didn't treat you like it was some assembly line. I love the nurses. Beautiful human beings...monitoring appointments were painless...The staff is vey personable. The minute you walk in your greeted with kindness. They done rush you out. They make everyone is taken care of fairly. A new patient should be ready for a crew thats running a tight ship...I took a lot of hormone shots for my ivf. I had to take one shot in the morning then 3 shots in the evening. I did these treatments for about a mouth. The results was outstanding.
Dr.Donik was great I recommend her to anyone and everyone. She asks questions, she wants you to ask as many questions as you need. I love the fact she is very personable. She able to work with your schedule especially if your is very busy like mines was. She's the best!
I would tell them, their in great hands
I was treated fairly. Dr Donik was very kind she was open to answer as much questions as you had. I was treated as an individual not a number.
What can't I say about the nursing staff. They were great! Very kind ladies they spoke to well. They didn't treat you like it was some assembly line. I love the nurses. Beautiful human beings
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
monitoring appointments were painless. You are treated like a human being
I paid a co-pay for every visit. Call insurance I would tell a new patient.
Dr. Dondik will breakdown everything for you so that you can make your own decision. She will recommend anything that will be in your favor. Multiple embryo transfer was not something that was recommended to me.
Brooklyn
Dr. Dondik is professional, well versed in the recent research, and seems genuinely invested in patient outcomes. We came after six months of trying and were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Dr. Dondik recommended IUI medicated with Clomid, and we were lucky enough to get a positive pregnancy test on the first round. We "graduated" with a healthy eight week ultrasound.
I loved that the office [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] was small and efficient, and most of the time extremely warm and friendly...The clinic is clean, conveniently located (with a nice view, which is a bonus), and efficiently run. I loved how small it was, because it made it easy to deal with, and they were very understanding when travel delays made me quite late one day.
Go see her.
I was so grateful to find Dr. Dondik's office after an arduous search to find someone who took our insurance. I loved that the office was small and efficient, and most of the time extremely warm and friendly. Dr. Dondik herself couldn't have been kinder or more patient.
Dr. Dondik prescribed Clomid to start out. When she noticed a thinner uterine lining, she prescribed estrogen suppositories. We used our own genetic material.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Our insurance covered everything but an $85 trigger shot.
Brooklyn
Finding Dr. Harry [Charalampos Chatzicharalampous] was such a blessing for us...he explained everything to us very carefully. His optimistic attitude is so comforting and he makes you feel like he actually cares about you. He's very knowledgeable and will let you know your options from the beginning. I was very pleased with my experience and I would recommend him to anyone seeking fertility help.
[NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] was very clean and organized, they have all the necessary equipment needed. Wait times are not long, and the staff keeps the workflow very smooth. The view is also beautiful. The staff is very kind and greets you with a smile every time...[Nurse] Elena was amazing. She was very organized and stayed on top of task, if i had a problem she was very communicative. She's also very compassionate and handles test results with such care. Elena made this experience so much better.
How was your experience with Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Finding Dr. Harry was such a blessing for us. From the first day he explained everything to us very carefully. His optimistic attitude is so comforting and he makes you feel like he actually cares about you. He's very knowledgeable and will let you know your options from the beginning. I was very pleased with my experience and I would recommend him to anyone seeking fertility help.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I would advice a future patient to trust his opinion and trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Harry was very warm and welcoming and took his time to sit down with us and explain things. He always greeted us with a smile.
Describe the protocols Charalampos Chatzicharalampous used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
Due to PCOS I don"t always ovulate and it was very difficult to plan when I would ovulate. Dr. Harry placed me on femara and monitored my follicle growth, once I had mature follicles he gave me a trigger shot and proceeded with a IUI.
Everyone is the house was absolutely wonderful. Elena was amazing. She was very organized and stayed on top of task, if i had a problem she was very communicative. She's also very compassionate and handles test results with such care. Elena made this experience so much better.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
This Clinic was very clean and organized, they have all the necessary equipment needed. Wait times are not long, and the staff keeps the workflow very smooth. The view is also beautiful. The staff is very kind and greets you with a smile every time.
Charalampos Chatzicharalampous
Brooklyn

Dr. Fritz is extremely personable...empathetic, honest, supportive, and genuine...excellent communication with us and ensures we understand any risks thoroughly before committing to treatment...always contacted by Dr. Fritz himself to review all our results...he has discover some concerns with myself that were not accessed with our previous clinic...elevated prolactin levels
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] are warm and welcoming...ensure to practice HIPPA by calling us last name only...During certain procedures, I was offered coupon code to discount my out of pocket expenses...Copayments for visits are not charged upon the visit but billed at a later time...effectively communicates and works together in a cohesive manner
After two years of TTC, my husband and I decided to seek a new fertility clinic. To our discovery we found NYU Langone in Stony Brook, NY. So, we did some of our own research and we contacted them. We were able to schedule an appointment within days! This came by such a pleasant surprise as our previous clinic we had to wait weeks to be seen but not NYU Langone. My husband and I have been patients at NYU Langone for a year now. Our fertility doctor is Rani B. Fritz PhD, DO and we are incredibly thankful to have the opportunity to work with him to aid in starting our family. We immediately loved how thorough, empathetic, and available Dr. Fritz is and continues to be during this pandemic despite our treatment currently placed on hold. He demonstrates excellent communication with us and ensures we understand any risks thoroughly before committing to treatment. During our time working with Dr. Fritz, he has discover some concerns with myself that were not accessed with our previous clinic. We found out that I have elevated prolactin levels in this discovery it was followed up with a two MRI’s (with and without contrast) which, showed I have a tumor near my pituitary gland. I was always contacted by Dr. Fritz himself to review all our results, very personable. Every apportionment we had, we sat together and discussed what we were going to do next, the time frame, and Dr. Fritz made this stressful, scary, exciting experience become an easy process to follow. These are just a few examples of how thorough and effective Dr. Fritz recommendations are. Additionally, Dr. Fritz addressed all our questions I may even asked the same question on a few occasions and he would simply answer in a manner that made us feel equal. Prior to the cancelation our our treatment, Dr. Fritz contacted me to discuss changes in their policy to ensure the safety and well-being of us and his other patients. When the time came to canceling our upcoming treatment, Dr. Fritz was extremely empathetic and reassuring. At this time we are unfortunately not able to continue our treatment but we are doing our best to remain hopeful and we look forward to continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Fritz.
My advice to future potential patients is to ensure you and your partner attend the appointments together especially the first appointment. This is to ensure that during your appointments both individuals receive treatment in timely manner. For example, the first appointment my husband and I had blood work drawn. If one individual is not present this could delay future treatment and we all know how long we’ve all waited to begin effective treatment also our time valuable!! This also gives couples the perfect opportunity to ask as many questions with Dr. Fritz which can be done during all your appointments but the first is the launch of where you are and what Dr. Fritz recommends.
Dr. Fritz is extremely personable and carries many crucial characteristics which made us feel welcomed and humane. Dr, Fritz has exhibited the following characteristics: he is an active listener, empathetic, honest, supportive, and genuine.
During two fasting blood withdrawals it was discovered that I have elicited prolactin levels. As a result, Dr. Fritz recommended two MRI’s (with and without contrast). The results showed that I have a tumor near my pituitary gland and I was prescribed to take half a tablet of .5mg (twice a week) of Caberglone. Taking this has relieved some of my symptoms including head aches and tension. Another medication was also prescribed to me, 5000U/VL of Novarel was delivered by mail along with necessary items such as, alcohol swabs, bio hazard container, and needle. I have not utilized this medication as I wanted to see if the Caberglone medication would aid in conceiving naturally. It has not and I was not told that it would I just held hopes that my cause of infertility were due to my levels.
The nursing staff are warm and welcoming. I appreciate when calling patients inside they ensure to practice HIPPA by calling us last name only. Any time I had a question about when to schedule my next appointment on a specific cycle day they were able to assist and ensured availability.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The strengths of this clinic is everyone effectively communicates and works together in a cohesive manner. The waiting area is warm and welcoming, the rooms and l office areas are clean and well organized. My only concern is the billing room/office is located across from the waiting area/exiting door. Although they have their own door and the waiting area has TVs on I feel the office could benefit from a sound machine in that area.
This clinic accepts many health insurances. The cost of treatment and visits are seen on their websites ports with the breakdown of what is covered. During certain procedures, I was offered coupon code to discount my out of pocket expenses. Copayments for visits are not charged upon the visit but billed at a later time would is convenient at times.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Fritz always took the time to answer our questions and concerns thoroughly and kindly. Even if he was not in the office at the time of my exam or scans, I could always count on a phone call later that day to discuss the results and questions directly with him...He is precise, thorough, and research based...Dr Fritz was open to using HGH at my request (which yielded no additional success) but I was happy that he was open to suggestion and input...
The online portal makes communication with the nursing staff [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists] very easy and accessible. If any questions came up, I was able to leave a message and was contacted in a couple of hours...The clinic as a whole is good. It is however extremely busy...Be prepared to wait at times but rest assured when you are seen you will get the Dr.'s full attention and care...I was able to form so many nice relationships with this staff that really helped on the "difficult days"...
As many women suffering with fertility issues can relate, my journey to motherhood has been complicated with some major losses and setbacks. As a result, the whole process has been particularly difficult and full of anxieties and a difficult time trusting all health professionals. Before I found Dr. Fritz, we had seen a few other doctors and left their care secondary to either cancelled cycles, negligence, and even rudeness. Meeting Dr Fritz was a breath of fresh air. His knowledge, patience, and kindness are unparalleled. He is extremely thorough and ensures every i is dotted and every t is crossed. He truly cares about our well-being and success. I felt he was always in our corner and cheering us on towards success as well as guiding us there.
Feel comfortable to be yourself to Dr. Fritz. He is kind, humble, and open. I would often apologize because I would ask 100 questions each visit and one visit he looked at me and said, " I would never be offended by your questions. In fact ask away. You have never seen me on the opposite end, I would be asking just as many questions if it were the other way around." This comment in particular stood out to me because it made me feel like we could relate and that he truly understood my fears.
After a long and difficult road to pregnancy, I have become a very OCD and rather "difficult" patient. Dr Fritz always took the time to answer our questions and concerns thoroughly and kindly. Even if he was not in the office at the time of my exam or scans, I could always count on a phone call later that day to discuss the results and questions directly with him. Dr Fritz has given us several ways to contact him to discuss questions or concerns and even replies on his days off. Dr Fritz is one of the most compassionate and knowledgeable doctors out there.
My case was particularly challenging secondary to diminished ovarian reserve and other complications. Dr Fritz was confident in his choices and because of him we were able to obtain 7 PGS tested embryos with an AMH of .7. Dr Fritz was open to using HGH at my request (which yielded no additional success) but I was happy that he was open to suggestion and input. In addition to the retrievals Dr Fritz performed multiple ERA procedures until the optimal receptivity period was identified. He is precise, thorough, and research based.
The online portal makes communication with the nursing staff very easy and accessible. If any questions came up, I was able to leave a message and was contacted in a couple of hours. The phone system was busy at times but I could always reach Dr Fritz via email or phone.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic as a whole is good. It is however extremely busy. I believe it is busy because it has physicians like Dr. Fritz that are compassionate and thorough. Be prepared to wait at times but rest assured when you are seen you will get the Dr.'s full attention and care. I can also speak about the really positive experiences I had when dealing with Dr Sung and Dr Saketos. I felt like everyone including the front desk staff, the phelbotomists, Chris the lead US tech (she deserves absolute recognition for her skill, kindess, and expertise), nurses, and egg retrieval teams were fabulous. I was able to form so many nice relationships with this staff that really helped on the "difficult days". Kindness goes a long way.
Insurance covered almost all services except PGS testing
After hearing the risks from Dr Fritz regarding multiple embryo transfers I was only interested in eSET.

2020 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Fritz] made sure to listen and explain everything every step of the way...he laid out all of our options, the pros and cons, and what steps they entailed. We ended up choosing IUI over IVF and he was very supportive of our decision. He made sure to run extensive tests prior to the IUI to ensure the best chances of success...Letrozole (to stimulate egg growth) and Cabergoline (to level out my imbalanced prolactin levels) pills prior to the IUI....
They [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] also had ample covered parking which is nice for rainy or snowy days. The phlebotomists are also very good at blood draws...My partner and I always felt welcomed and respected...The [nursing staff] were helpful when I had to clarify anything, such as the timing for the ovulation test...I felt very safe with their covid protocols (patients call from the parking lot and once they are ready for you, you are called in and your temperature is checked at the door)...
Dr. Fritz is kind and personable. He made sure to listen and explain everything every step of the way. During the initial consultation (which was a telehealth visit due to covid), he laid out all of our options, the pros and cons, and what steps they entailed. We ended up choosing IUI over IVF and he was very supportive of our decision. He made sure to run extensive tests prior to the IUI to ensure the best chances of success, with a healthy baby. He was genuinely so happy for us when the first IUI try was a success!
If you have any questions or are unsure of anything, be sure to ask. Dr. Fritz is always happy to answer/explain everything.
Dr. Fritz is very personable and a great communicator. He explained our options and treatment every step of the way. He made sure to listen to our needs and answer every question.
We utilized Letrozole (to stimulate egg growth) and Cabergoline (to level out my imbalanced prolactin levels) pills prior to the IUI. We also had a trigger shot on hand in case the at home ovulation test showed no LH surge - but did not need it.
How competent was Rani Fritz at LGBTQ care?
Dr. Fritz welcomed my partner and I with open arms. His goal was always our goal. On sonograms, he would write cute notes for us as well.
The were helpful when I had to clarify anything, such as the timing for the ovulation test.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I felt very safe with their covid protocols (patients call from the parking lot and once they are ready for you, you are called in and your temperature is checked at the door). They also had ample covered parking which is nice for rainy or snowy days. The phlebotomists are also very good at blood draws (I have tiny veins so this is a big plus for me).
The IUI was a flat rate which made billing easy. It was out of pocket since my insurance did not cover it. Insurance also did not cover the psych evaluation. All other tests prior to were covered by insurance though, such as the Hysterosalpingography (HSG).
How competent was NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York at LGBTQ care?
My partner and I always felt welcomed and respected.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Two vials of donor sperm were sent to their office and stored with no issues.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fritz is kind, compassionate, and took the time to get to know our specific situation before deciding on a treatment plan...He listened to our concerns, made a plan specific to our needs, and was ready to alter that plan as needed throughout our treatment...suggested an ERA to ensure my transfers were done at the proper timing. He also performed a hysteroscopy to remove polyps. I had a history of difficult embryo transfers, so Dr. Fritz did a trial transfer and also decided to have an anesthesiologist on standby, which was not needed during my transfer because he had completed the trial transfer and knew exactly how to avoid previous issues I had had with my other doctors.
They [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] can sometimes be a bit disorganized (i.e. two different staff members giving different answers to a question) but most issues were minor and this was the most efficiently run clinic of the 3 we had been to...On occasion we got different answers from staff, but each instance was a minor detail. We never had any major issues or anything that interfered with or delayed treatment in any way.
Dr. Fritz is kind, compassionate, and took the time to get to know our specific situation before deciding on a treatment plan. We had seen 2 doctors previously who seemed to just be checking items off a list, without regard to whether it was working for us, and Dr. Fritz was the exact opposite. He listened to our concerns, made a plan specific to our needs, and was ready to alter that plan as needed throughout our treatment.
Express any concerns with him, and he will surely assuage any fears you might have.
Dr. Fritz has the best bedside manner of all doctors we've met in our 4 year fertility journey. He took the time to really understand our specific situation, and built a treatment plan around our needs, never relying on a cookie cutter plan.
Dr. Fritz suggested an ERA to ensure my transfers were done at the proper timing. He also performed a hysteroscopy to remove polyps. I had a history of difficult embryo transfers, so Dr. Fritz did a trial transfer and also decided to have an anesthesiologist on standby, which was not needed during my transfer because he had completed the trial transfer and knew exactly how to avoid previous issues I had had with my other doctors.
Everyone at the office is so kind and helpful. No complaints!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They can sometimes be a bit disorganized (i.e. two different staff members giving different answers to a question) but most issues were minor and this was the most efficiently run clinic of the 3 we had been to.
Strong preference on single ET
The other 2 clinics we had been to often asked if we "needed a donation cup" for our partner (we are 2 women). It was clear that they weren't reviewing our file before appointments to realize the obvious detail that we were using donor sperm. That was NEVER an issue here!
No issues with transport of donor sperm or frozen embryos from our prior facility.
Mineola

She [Dr. Kuokkanen] really took the time to look at my individual case and history and suggested ideas and plans that would be good for me...She is very knowledgeable and helps you to understand the process and each step as well. She thinks of ideas “outside the box” that are good for the individual and not necessarily what might the generic way...I always felt comfortable asking any questions or bringing up any concerns and she was always quick to respond...
The office [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] can be busy but everyone does their best to help move it along and make each patient feel welcomed and comfortable. You’re doctor or nurse might not always be there when you are there but the staff are all great and willing to help if you need anything...All the nurses were excellent and really make you feel supportive along the way. They really want you to be successful and we’re always there to help…no matter how small or big the question or problem!
How was your experience with Satu Kuokkanen at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
From the beginning I trusted and always felt comfortable with Dr Kuokkanen. I knew she would take the time to look over every detail and think of what the best plan would be. She is very knowledgeable and helps you to understand the process and each step as well. She thinks of ideas “outside the box” that are good for the individual and not necessarily what might the generic way. You always felt like her goal was to get you to your end goal and always felt supportive along the way. I always felt comfortable asking any questions or bringing up any concerns and she was always quick to respond. I would definitely recommend Dr Kuokkanen to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Satu Kuokkanen at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. It can be an overwhelming process and being comfortable asking them is important. She is always willing to answer and help you understand
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Satu Kuokkanen at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr Kuokkanen always made you feel more than a number or just another patient. She really took the time to look at my individual case and history and suggested ideas and plans that would be good for me.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The office can be busy but everyone does their best to help move it along and make each patient feel welcomed and comfortable. You’re doctor or nurse might not always be there when you are there but the staff are all great and willing to help if you need anything.
Satu Kuokkanen