Genetic counseling: Offered
Stony Brook, NY 11790
West Islip
1111 Montauk Hwy
West Islip, NY 11795
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York to a friend?

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She [Dr. Mary Bray] is not against doing two embryos (although she makes it clear she prefers one) and allows the couple to choose a single or double embryo transfer...She is willing to schedule around my work (I'm a teacher), my husband (who travels a lot), and saw me as many times as I requested during my IVF monitoring...knows me. I walk in and she is ready to talk about me, my questions, my stats, my possibilities.
She [nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York] is really blunt and can sometimes seem cold but when you need her to be there and supportive for you she shows up emotionally. She has calmed me down and encouraged me on numerous occasions when I needed a little extra attention...You feel like a human not a number. Every once in a while, you can have to wait a long time (because it is a smaller office) but usually it is in and out for monitoring.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Bray is a very experienced and passionate doctor. She has been around the fertility scene for a long time and knows a lot about...well everything from insurance to OBGYNs. She does have a very distinctive mannerism (which for me worked great) - she is blunt, likes to talk about statistics/studies/insurance and does not give a "oh, you'll have a baby!" talk. What she does really well is give you facts and science and then makes an educated guess about what will statistically happen. After all my diagnostic testing was done as well as the SA on my husband she looked at everything and told us our next steps, how likely they were to be successful, etc. She was also attentive to my needs outside of fertility (such as a running injury that was making PIO injections really painful -she found an alternative). Overall, I have really appreciated Dr. Bray's honesty and outlook. Also, because it is an outshoot office of the main Long Island (Mineola) clinic, there is a smaller and more family feel. Any time during my IVF monitoring that I wanted to see Dr. Bray I did. That means a lot to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Don't worry if she seems to get distracted by insurance policies - she has your back and knows your case. She'll also complain a LOT about the computer system but in the end she is kind, caring, and very good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Bray knows me. I walk in and she is ready to talk about me, my questions, my stats, my possibilities. She is blunt - which I so appreciate. I cannot handle false hope. Instead she says, "here are the stats about where you are and where you might go". She is willing to schedule around my work (I'm a teacher), my husband (who travels a lot), and saw me as many times as I requested during my IVF monitoring.
Describe the protocols Mary Bray (retired) used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
First we did a diagnostic testing cycle. Then three cycles of clomid/timing. Since our biggest problem is male factor, her rationale for clomid/timing was if we have 2-3 eggs rather than 1 there is a better chance of a sperm getting to something. Then we did three IUIs with clomid. Then we moved onto IVF with ICSI. We had to do a freeze all cycle because our embryos were sluggish and not ready by day 5. In the end this was good because I was close to OHSS and it allowed my hormones and ovaries a chance to cool off a bit. We did a FET in my next cycle (I had some uterine lining trouble so she switched my estradiol from oral to vaginal and that did the trick!). I was also having a lot of pain with my PIO injections due to a running injury. That FET turned out unsuccessful. We took a two month break and went into our next FET. She allowed me to do a natural cycle (I really wanted to try to go with my body's natural rhythm). I ran back into the uterine lining problems so she easily switched me post-ovulation to doing medicine. She switched my progesterone to vaginal suppositories to avoid the pain of the PIO on my injured hip and that helped a lot! She had be do Estradiol vaginally again and that with the progesterone got my lining nice and thick. We transferred one embryo (our last) and we got pregnant. It split into identical twins but very late (around 6 weeks) and something must have gone wrong with the split because both babies stopped growing and we miscarried. Dr. Bray was so kind and supportive and gave me a choice about going into a new cycle or taking a break. I decided to take a break and just try naturally. So, 6 months later I'm back with her and ready for a new IVF round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena)
Elena is GOOD at her job. She is sort of the team captain on the ground and is in charge of all medication ordering, patient coordinating, calls, etc. She is really blunt and can sometimes seem cold but when you need her to be there and supportive for you she shows up emotionally. She has calmed me down and encouraged me on numerous occasions when I needed a little extra attention. But usually it's business as usual (which has a nice predictability).
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
This clinic is a smaller office of the main office in Mineola, Long Island. They do most things here (IUI, ultrasounds, sonogram, saline sonogram, uterine biopsy, sperm analysis, blood work). They do not do IVF egg retrieval or frozen embryo transfer. Because it's a smaller office you see the same folks each time you visit and they know you and remember you. You feel like a human not a number. Every once in a while, you can have to wait a long time (because it is a smaller office) but usually it is in and out for monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I have insurance coverage so I have a 30$ copay for all monitoring/doctor's appointments. Dr. Bray also knew about some frustrating aspects of my coverage and helped me work it out ahead of time to take the most of my coverage. Without her knowing about these things I would have lost a lot of coverage.
Describe Mary Bray (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
She is totally in support of eSET for women under 35 who have good egg quality and who either have funds to pay for multiple transfers or who have insurance. She is not against doing two embryos (although she makes it clear she prefers one) and allows the couple to choose a single or double embryo transfer. She goes through all the statistics of a single embryo vs. double embryo getting you pregnant, getting you a singleton or a twin pregnancy.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mary Bray (retired) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
My clinic is the smaller offshoot office which means it is generally the same staff each and every visit. I love this about the RSNY Brooklyn office. It feels like a family.... They get me appointments ASAP and always help me book them in the early mornings so I can make it to my school and classroom on time. Because it is so small, sometimes it can run very behind (especially if the usual nurse or doctor is away). Other than that, it is always a wonderful experience.
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Dondik does a good job at looking at the individual rather than throw you into a routine because that is how it is usually done. For example, I make excellent progesterone. I make it each month and don't need help making it or keeping it elevated. Because of this, Dr. Dondik suggested I do a cycle without synthetic progesterone at all. I felt confident in this decision because it not only addressed my need but also allowed me to take a more "natural" path (as natural as IVF and FET can get, anyway). Dr. Dondik is also very understanding and considerate. She talks through options with me based on her recommendations and also what I can do realistically financially. She is kind and compassionate. For example, because I suffer from recurrent miscarriage she comes into every OB ultrasound so that she can tell me right away if there is a problem. I appreciate this because there isn't a pause where the ultrasound tech has to go get her. Dr. Dondik is also supportive during difficult times (like my miscarriages). I was having a lot of pain and was struggling to cope with it. She walked me through different pain management plans and let me choose the one that sounded the best for me personally. I do wish Dr. Dondik did all of my procedures (such as egg retrieval and FET). However, my clinic is set up so that doctors take turns rotating on the OR and it depends on which day you need for which doctor you get.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself with challenging questions, ideas, or concerns. Also, don't be afraid to show your emotions. Dr. Dondik is capable and handles it all with grace and care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Dondik is very kind and takes her time to explain everything to me and answer all of my questions. I do a lot of research and bring ideas and concerns to the table based on my research. She never feels threatened or annoyed by this. Rather, she engages me on my ideas or concerns, and walks me through her recommendations and shares research as to why she recommends specific things. I have had four transfers and so far four miscarriages. When she diagnosed me with the last miscarriage, she actually got a little bit teary herself. It showed me that she really cares for me as a woman who is struggling - not just as a name on a chart or as a statistic. Also, during my egg retrieval cycle, there was some frustrating news that came up with my blood work. Dr. Dondik took the time to call me herself and make sure I understood what it meant and my next steps. I felt very respected and seen.
Describe the protocols Yelena Dondik used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Dondik had be doing an agonist protocol. It started with birth control for about two weeks. Then I started injections of Gonal-F and Menopur. In my previous cycle, my estrogen level got too high too fast so she started me on a much lower dose. This helped with my estrogen. Over the course of 13 days my doses increased slightly. On my last day of stims, my estrogen jumped from about 2000 to 5500 overnight. She called to tell me that with estrogen that high before a trigger and retrieval, I was at serious risk for OHSS and that we would move this cycle to a freeze all. I appreciated her being so upfront with me so I could prepare myself for a freeze all. Dr. Dondik had be trigger with lupron to help avoid the estrogen spike that would come with an hcg trigger. On the day of retrieval I had 21 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, and ended up with four 5 day blastocysts. One was "good" and the other three were "fair".
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena )
Elena is calm, caring, and extremely efficient. At first, she can come off as a little cold and distant. However, when you need her to be there for you she is as warm, kind, and caring as possible. She is supportive of schedules (I am an educator and need early appointments and she does that whenever possible and explains to me when she can't and why). She knows me and my history and is extremely delicate with beta hcg results. She is also good at answering my many questions, calls me back (or sends a portal message) within 24 hours (but almost always the same day), and never minds me taking care of my needs (whatever they may be). I trust her with my information, my medicine, and my treatments whole heartedly.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
My clinic is the smaller offshoot office which means it is generally the same staff each and every visit. I love this about the RSNY Brooklyn office. It feels like a family. Everyone knows me, that I am a teacher, my history of pregnancy loss, my husband, etc. They know this and are considerate and kind. They get me appointments ASAP and always help me book them in the early mornings so I can make it to my school and classroom on time. Because it is so small, sometimes it can run very behind (especially if the usual nurse or doctor is away). Other than that, it is always a wonderful experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I have insurance that covers monitoring appointments, some tests (not PGT or sperm fragmentation), and two retrievals (but not transfers). So out of pocket costs for me in total is around 14,000$. This includes diagnostic cycles, three IUI, two retrievals, embryo/embryologists costs (including insemination, freezing, storage), and four transfers.
Describe Yelena Dondik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Dr. Dondik recommends one embryo if they are tested and test normal. However, in my two cycles I did not do PGT testing becuase my insurance didn't cover it. My first transfer with her I did one embryo. It resulted in a chemical pregnancy. In my second transfer I transferred two untested embryo. It resulted in a singleton pregnancy that miscarried at around 7 weeks (but it wasn't viable from the first scan at 5 weeks).
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Yelena Dondik at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

I received IVF treatment with a frozen transfer [with Dr. Dondik]. I was placed on injections to help produce eggs in a natural cycle...Dr Dondik and her staff will do what it takes to ensure each patient receives the appropriate care every step of the way...approach to embryo transfer was based on my age as well as successful outcome of pregnancy...always displayed good bedside manner each and every time she entered the room. She ensured to answer all questions in a clear, precise manner and with clarity and understanding. Dr Dondik as well as her staff greeted each patient with a warm welcome greeting as well as ensured all questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner.
[The nurses at Reproductive Specialists of New York are] Professional, friendly, knowledgeable, understanding and compassion...eager to help and assist any way they could. The clinic environment was well kept, clean and provided a warm friendly atmosphere...staff will do what it takes to ensure each patient receives the appropriate care every step of the way...I received IVF treatment with a frozen transfer. I was placed on injections to help produce eggs in a natural cycle. I had one cycle of egg retrieval and one cycle of egg transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy
Dr Dondik was an amazing doctor, she always displayed a caring, welcoming, friendly, professional demeanor. She took the time to speak with patients and addressed all concerns with a clear understanding. Dr Dondik always displayed compassion and made you feel comfortable. As a patient I felt confident, comfortable, understood and reassured about all treatments and procedures under Dr Dondik care
Dr Dondik and her staff will do what it takes to ensure each patient receives the appropriate care every step of the way. You can trust your care with Dr Dondik
Dr Dondik always displayed good bedside manner each and every time she entered the room. She ensured to answer all questions in a clear, precise manner and with clarity and understanding. Dr Dondik as well as her staff greeted each patient with a warm welcome greeting as well as ensured all questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena Longoria)
Professional, friendly, knowledgeable, understanding and compassion.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The Clinic was staffed with friendly, professional, welcoming, knowledgeable staff. Who was eager to help and assist any way they could. The clinic environment was well kept, clean and provided a warm friendly atmosphere.
Dr Dondik approach to embryo transfer was based on my age as well as successful outcome of pregnancy
Brooklyn

I rarely saw Dr. Trivax ... When I told him I would like to have more information because I felt like I was getting misinformation on the internet, specifically I had a question about cervical mucus, he said to me, " you're the kind of patient that if we could remove your head from your body, you'd be pregnant in no time." ... When I finally had the HSG, it showed one partially blocked tube but he had never even checked this.
We had critical problems with billing. They assured us that IVF was completely covered by our insurance. This was incorrect. ... the place [Reproductive Specialists of NY] pretty much runs like clockwork and helps you to miss less work. The nursing staff is always very professional. I appreciate that they are not touchy feely; it's a group of strong women who never honey me but help me keep it together. The only bad experiences I've had is when they have to sub someone in from the Long Island office.
How was your experience with Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Trivax is very positive. He asked who I would like to deliver my baby with in our first meeting, which might be comforting for some women but was very odd to me. His manner is to focus on the quick and positive outcome of a baby. Very little information was given to me about my diagnosis and so I often turned to the internet. When I told him I would like to have more information because I felt like I was getting misinformation on the internet, specifically I had a question about cervical mucus, he said to me, " you're the kind of patient that if we could remove your head from your body, you'd be pregnant in no time." As a result, I was embarrasses and blamed my inability to get pregnant on overthinking. He asked me to leave things to the experts and not worry about it. After 2 medicated cycles and 5 IUIs, my acupuncturist asked if he had ever ordered an HSG test for me. He had not. I had to demand one. When I finally had the HSG, it showed one partially blocked tube but he had never even checked this. This was the moment that I realized that he was actually not being thorough and that I really began to doubt what was going on and the choices I had made for my care in this overwhelming situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Advocate for yourself and go with your gut. Make sure to find out what tests you need. A positive attitude is helpful but science is even more helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I rarely saw Dr. Trivax but when I did, he didn't talk specifically about my case but about how I would be pregnant in no time. I mainly saw the nurse and other staff. When I did have the opportunity to ask questions, he was not forthright with explanations and asked me to leave it to the experts.
Describe the protocols Bradley Trivax used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I wasn't really provided a rationale. He told my husband and myself that our infertility was unexplained when, in fact, I have diminished ovarian reserve. So we started with medicated cycles and then moved on to IUIs since that was what our insurance covered. When he left the practice, he told me that my eggs are too hard for the sperm to penetrate. However, since I have never had an IVF procedure, this was entirely speculative.
The nurse who runs the show is Elena and she is direct but kind. I have confidence in her. Merle does ultrasounds and is the reason I stayed even when I started having doubts because she is a charming and professional person who makes a very invasive experience one that I can handle. Laverne is the nurse who takes blood and is always nice to chat to. She always manages to get my blood despite my small veins. This team kept me at the clinic because they do the lion's share of the work and I knew I was lucky to have them.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They have babies everywhere in here: the magazines, advertisements, etc. I wish it was a better environment in the waiting room, bu those waiting rooms are treacherous places. However, the place pretty much runs like clockwork and helps you to miss less work. The nursing staff is always very professional. I appreciate that they are not touchy feely; it's a group of strong women who never honey me but help me keep it together. The only bad experiences I've had is when they have to sub someone in from the Long Island office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Our insurance, because of NY State mandate, covered most of our expenses.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
We had critical problems with billing. They assured us that IVF was completely covered by our insurance. This was incorrect. Even when I called to tell them that I believed they were wrong, they convinced me that I was mistaken. We thankfully realized the error was on their part as we were beginning an IVF cycle, which we then transitioned to IUI. Naturally, we were heartbroken by this confusion. The nursing staff was very apologetic but it seemed like an error that their billing department should be better skilled at given what is at stake for people. For the first 9 months we never received a correct bill and this was very stressful.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bradley Trivax at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

Each time Dr. Trivax was in the office and I had an ultrasound (not just blood work), we met to discuss my treatment... He's incredibly knowledgable and helped me to ovulate (I have PCOS) and instilled confidence I would conceive (but unfortunately had 4 failed IUIs)... it would have been nice to see him more than I did. The RSNY Brooklyn office is convenient to where I live, however it became clear early on that the Mineola office is RSNY's priority. (Dr. Trivax is in Brooklyn maybe a little more than half the week.)
RSNY does like to get patients in and out, but I certainly felt like a human while being treated by RSNY. Each time Dr. Trivax was in the office and I had an ultrasound (not just blood work), we met to discuss my treatment. Elaina (RN) is pretty blunt, but gets the job done thoroughly and effectively...The RSNY Brooklyn office is convenient to where I live, however it became clear early on that the Mineola office is RSNY's priority. (Dr. Trivax is in Brooklyn maybe a little more than half the week.)
I had a great experience with Dr. Trivax and the Brooklyn office overall. He's quite laid back and performs his job in a no BS way, which I appreciated. He's incredibly knowledgable and helped me to ovulate (I have PCOS) and instilled confidence I would conceive (but unfortunately had 4 failed IUIs).
I have only the best things to say about Dr. Trivax, except it would have been nice to see him more than I did. The RSNY Brooklyn office is convenient to where I live, however it became clear early on that the Mineola office is RSNY's priority. (Dr. Trivax is in Brooklyn maybe a little more than half the week.)
Due to my insurance coverage, Dr. Trivax prescribed Clomid, trigger shot to ovulate and IUI each of the 4 times. (I elected to not do the IUI, but timed intercourse, for one of the 4 times.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana)
Elana definitely is good at her job although she can be somewhat short and abrupt. She's all business and keeps the office moving efficiently.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It's important to know that the Brooklyn office is a satellite location for RSNY with the Long Island locations are the primary focus where most procedures occur. I had to travel to Mineola on Monday morning for an IUI because there was no doctor available for my IUI in Brooklyn and there was always a possibility of needing to go to Mineola for treatment. This increased stress levels considerably.
My insurance covered 100% of treatment with a $50 copay each visit.
Brooklyn

He [Dr. Trivax] is kind and warm and funny. He is positive and easy going. I enjoy him as a person and as a doctor he was thorough, knowledgeable and on top of my case. I did 4 IUI's and then one cycle of IVF with him and I am now 3 months pregnant with my first! He was amazing throughout the whole process and I'm so grateful that I stuck with him for the IVF even after failed IUI's...
They [Repro Specialists of NY Brooklyn] are small so they pay more attention, always call you back and are easy to work with overall. I worked with a larger clinic that didn't pay any attention or know your name, so this place was great compared to that...She [nurse] is blunt, which can occasionally rub someone the wrong way, but I thought she was a great nurse, one of the best in the center. She remembers details really well and always knew my name and everything about my case. She was quick to get back to me with good information...
He is kind and warm and funny. He is positive and easy going. I enjoy him as a person and as a doctor he was thorough, knowledgeable and on top of my case. I did 4 IUI's and then one cycle of IVF with him and I am now 3 months pregnant with my first! He was amazing throughout the whole process and I'm so grateful that I stuck with him for the IVF even after failed IUI's.
Pay attention to your own case details because as much as I trust the doctors and nurses there, they see a lot of people.
He was very kind, warm and positive. He was great about calling us back and helping ease our concerns. He spent more time with us answering questions than any other doctor.
She is blunt, which can occasionally rub someone the wrong way, but I thought she was a great nurse, one of the best in the center. She remembers details really well and always knew my name and everything about my case. She was quick to get back to me with good information.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They are small so they pay more attention, always call you back and are easy to work with overall. I worked with a larger clinic that didn't pay any attention or know your name, so this place was great compared to that. But you have to be your own advocate everywhere you go. Everyone I worked with was kind and compassionate. The office in Brooklyn is lovely.
with IUI I only paid copays. Testing was the same. Once we moved on to IVF we were very lucky to get a NYS grant for financial assistance. It was the only way we were able to make IVF happen. They processed our application quickly and without delay. I am so grateful to RS for making that happen for us! After the grant we paid a small portion of IVF cost and elective genetic testing on the embryos- about 8 grand.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Trivax is patient and encouraging, regardless of how frustrated or disappointed I became due to failed cycles. I would highly recommend him. My only objection was the fact that I endured four miscarriages prior to him implementing a medication regimen of progesterone, steroids, round of antibiotics and Lovenox in order to prevent another miscarriage.
Clients [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] can be seen early morning, prior to work. The only complaint I have about the clinic is Dr. Bray's bedside manner. We ended up switching doctors from Dr. Bray to Dr. Trivax, halfway through treatments....I LOVE the staff here. From Michelle, office biller/manager, to Alina (sp?), head nurse, to Stacy and the ultrasound nurse, everyone was friendly, welcoming and incredibly supportive, especially when the tears started to flow. :)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Ask ALL of your questions; none are stupid or irrelevant. Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself.
Dr. Trivax took his time to listen to my concerns and anxieties. He was also patient in answering my questions. Despite my feeling discouraged at times, he remained positive that our treatments would result in a positive pregnancy test and that I would carry to term.
I used Clomid for my first treatment cycle with Dr. Trivax (not my first treatment cycle). This resulted in positive pregnancy test and a miscarriage (chemical pregnancy-don't like that term) at 5w6days. The 2nd treatment cycle, the next month was non-medicated (no Clomid). Steroid and round of antibiotic started day of IUI procedure. Vaginal progesterone suppositories started two days after IUI. Lovenox started at first confirmed pregnancy blood test, two weeks post IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alina)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Clients can be seen early morning, prior to work. The only complaint I have about the clinic is Dr. Bray's bedside manner. We ended up switching doctors from Dr. Bray to Dr. Trivax, halfway through treatments.
I had a huge deductible to meet prior to insurance covering our IUI treatments, so my cost is likely more than others if you'v met your deductible or have a low deductible.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Ask questions and express any concerns. She [Dr. Mary Bray] takes concerns very seriously and wants to know if you're having a hard time emotionally. She will also make a significant effort to make sure you fully understand and are comfortable. She is cut and dry, which I can see would turn off some people, but it was her frankness that helped me make good informed decisions about my treatment.
The availability of early appointments [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] is great but it was annoying to trek to mineola for any necessary weekend appointments or transfers and retrievals. Lucily that didn't happen too often. They put in effort to communicate with your insurance agency and make everything as simple as possible...Dr. Bray is knowledgeable, up to date on research, and uses evidenced based medicine. She is obviously passionately engaged in her field. She adjusted my cycles quickly when unexpected things happened and was adaptable. I felt that she was the first doctor to accurately represent what my chances were for each cycle, all the while still being hopeful.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Ask questions and express any concerns. She takes concerns very seriously and wants to know if you're having a hard time emotionally. She will also make a significant effort to make sure you fully understand and are comfortable. She is cut and dry, which I can see would turn off some people, but it was her frankness that helped me make good informed decisions about my treatment.
While Dr. Bray does not have a particularly touchy Feely manner she obviously cares about her patients, their success and we'll being. She made decision factors very clear but always respected your decision. I greatly appreciated the candor because I knew I could trust her and she wasn't just trying to make money off me or make me "feel better". She answers questions thoroughly as well and will take the time to explain and re-explain without trying to kick you out of the office.
We had to do a certain number of IUI cycles before insurance would cover IVF. I took a low dose of Femara to stimulate egg production each cycle which worked but I did not become pregnant. She informed us earlier that due to my diagnosis, IVF would most likely be the successful treatment. I did one egg retreval with injectables menapur, gonal f, and ganarelix. I was also put on estrogen and projesterone. The third egg transfer was successful with a natural cycle as I ovulated on my own and responded unpredictably to the estrogen.
Everyone was friendly, warm, helpful, and caring. They always responded to requests quickly and the office is organized and efficient.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The availability of early appointments is great but it was annoying to trek to mineola for any necessary weekend appointments or transfers and retrievals. Lucily that didn't happen too often. They put in effort to communicate with your insurance agency and make everything as simple as possible.
Most was covered by insurance but I did have to pay for some drugs, some for ivf transfers, retrievals, and the cost of embryo storange.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Dondik took time with us, always explaining her recommendations in as much detail as we asked for. She was warm and empathetic and responded to our concerns with reassurance and helpful context. She also conveyed her passion for the field to us and inspired not just hope but also fascination in the science of reproductive medicine....As I didn't ovulate in the first cycle we tracked, I was given Femara (Letrozole) to stimulate ovulation. We did that for two cycles, inseminating during both. I got pregnant the second time.
Elena and the rest of the nursing and reception staff [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] were unfailingly kind, knowledgeable, responsive, helpful, and professional...We enjoyed and appreciated our time at the clinic. It's well run, clean, efficient, and beautiful. It's much smaller and more intimate than the previous clinic we went to in Park Slope. And the views are amazing!...There was some sort of mistake in scheduling our initial appointment, where the clinic had no record of the appointment that was made. They handled it very smoothly though and happened to have an opening, so I was able to be seen as planned.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
We loved Dr. Dondik! She exemplified warm, caring professionalism and we wished we could have stayed with her and the clinic throughout the pregnancy. She was up to date with the current science and could coherently explain it, and was emotionally intelligent as well.
Appreciate the time you've got with her!
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elene Longoria)
Elena and the rest of the nursing and reception staff were unfailingly kind, knowledgeable, responsive, helpful, and professional.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
We were fortunate enough that my insurance covered nearly everything.
Brooklyn

Dr. Bray is a wonderful doctor...She’s very straight forward and doesn’t really sugar coat anything which to me is perfect. But for others it might come across as rough/harsh. She answers all my questions at all times. For the most part she’s been very conservative with my treatmeants which I’m ok with and every cycle she’ll increase my meds a bit... All in all, I would recommend her at any time. Although I haven’t been successful with having a baby. She’s really trying and you really can’t blame the doctors. They are there to assist as much as possible. At the end of the day it’s in God’s perfect timing.
Elaina [nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York] works hand in hand with Dr. Bray. She’s awesome and has always been our go to with extra questions or concerns. She always always responds in a timely manner. Super sweet as well...It’s a beautiful office, with great staff. Everyone is pleasant, understanding we are already worrying so much about our infertility issues they try to relate and show compassion. Being that I visit the office 2 times a week most of the time they’ve become my second family.
Dr. Bray is a wonderful doctor along with her team at the Brooklyn office. She’s very straight forward and doesn’t really sugar coat anything which to me is perfect. But for others it might come across as rough/harsh. She answers all my questions at all times. For the most part she’s been very conservative with my treatmeants which I’m ok with and every cycle she’ll increase my meds a bit. It’s resulted in 1 pregnancy but miscarried shortly after .... I’m ready to peruse my IVF journey with her. All in all, I would recommend her at any time. Although I haven’t been successful with having a baby. She’s really trying and you really can’t blame the doctors. They are there to assist as much as possible. At the end of the day it’s in God’s perfect timing.
Be prepared with questions and trust the process.
The office staff are very personable and they care. They are very on top of your care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elaina, RN)
Elaina works hand in hand with Dr. Bray. She’s awesome and has always been our go to with extra questions or concerns. She always always responds in a timely manner. Super sweet as well.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
IUIs have been covered by my insurance. I just pay copayments on my meds. My IVF is not covered.
Brooklyn

I really liked Dr. Trivax personally. He had a good attitude and was very positive and encouraging and also listened to my concerns....Dr. Trivax did meet with me at most appointments and was easy to talk to. He clearly described his proposed approach. I think he could have provided me more information regarding chance of success, potential issues and side effects of hormones...Ask lots of questions and try to make your appointments before 9 am.
The staff [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] were also generally nice and welcoming; however, at times they were a bit brusque and not very empathetic on some of the days when I was more emotional about the whole process...The strengths are that they are very helpful with insurance issues, generally very nice and efficient, it is fairly easy to make appointments and the office is very nice and filled with sunlight. The main weakness is that the Brooklyn office does not perform IVF's. You need to go to Long Island for that procedure...
Ask lots of questions and try to make your appointments before 9 am. I found they were starting to run late around that time.
I really liked Dr. Trivax personally. He had a good attitude and was very positive and encouraging and also listened to my concerns. The staff were also generally nice and welcoming; however, at times they were a bit brusque and not very empathetic on some of the days when I was more emotional about the whole process.
I did IUI twice with femera. I also did one cycle with femera and no IUI. All attempts were unfortunately unsuccessful and I decided to take a break from fertility treatments for a while.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I had a $30 co-pay for each visit, which was determined by my insurer. My insurance pays all reproductive costs up to $10,000. I believe that my 9 months of treatment with two IUIs used up approximately $3,000 of that cap.

2009 - 2014
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
I LOVED Bradley Trivax. He is amazing. He allowed me to partner in the process. He gave me his email address so I could ask questions whenever they come up. I don't know of ANY other RE that does that. He is amazing!!!...He was fabulous! Explained everything. Very gentle and patient. Wonderful sense of humor. Seemed incredibly caring and honest. I felt like he cared about me as a person and was willing to share his thought process about my treatment protocol. Very available to answer questions. I always saw him when he was in the office. I never "just" saw the nurse or lab technician, which I have heard happens at other practices.
I thought they [staff at Reproductive Specialists of New York] were great. I wish they did all procedures in Brooklyn but going to Long Island wasn't too bad because I didn't have to do it very often...I LOVED Bradley Trivax. He is amazing. He allowed me to partner in the process. He gave me his email address so I could ask questions whenever they come up. I don't know of ANY other RE that does that. He is amazing!!!
2009 - 2014
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Ask for his email address!
Four Clomid ICIs (I have PCOS so didn't do any unmedicated cycles) with trigger 1 injectible ICI with trigger 2 IVF cycles (several years apart) with Menopur, Ganrelix, I forget the other one, plus trigger 1 medicated FET 2 unmedicated FET with trigger 1 fresh transfer
She was very kind but rather... brusque? to the point.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I thought they were great. I wish they did all procedures in Brooklyn but going to Long Island wasn't too bad because I didn't have to do it very often.
Describe Bradley Trivax's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
He was flexible and supportive of transferring either one or two. I transferred two with my first FET, which was before strong recommendations existed for eSET (2010) I did eSET for my other FETs, which were several years after the first FET (2014).
Dr Trivax forgot that i have an aspirin intolerance and recommended I take it for a FET.
Brooklyn

She [Dr. Mary Bray] knew my name, I felt like I knew her personally and could ask anything....She is wonderful. From the moment I met her I felt/feel I was in the right hands. Im sure she will help us reach our goals. She is reassuring, honest, direct and knowledgeable. Im happy she is my doctor...Dont be turned off by her directness. She really truly wants what you want and has dedicated her whole life to women being able to have a family.
The clinic [Repro Specialists of NY Brooklyn] has convenient hours, friendly caring staff. You can feel that they really care in that office. Im so happy I go here. Anyone who goes here will be happy and safe. There arent any weaknesses to this office. Its a caring convenient office....[Nursing Staff] They are wonderful. They all know me by name. I feel safe in that office... it was overwhelming for me the first time around. I just followed instructions.
She knew my name, I felt like I knew her personally and could ask anything.
I dont remember, it was overwhelming for me the first time around. I just followed instructions.
They are wonderful. They all know me by name. I feel safe in that office.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic has convenient hours, friendly caring staff. You can feel that they really care in that office. Im so happy I go here. Anyone who goes here will be happy and safe. There arent any weaknesses to this office. Its a caring convenient office.
Insurance covered my visits
My doc agreed that because of my age she would transfer 2. We both agreed thats the ideal number.

2 IUI, IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Dondik] was always positive about our circumstance despite any setbacks. When we did not achieve our desired results she was realistic in what was best for us but never lumped us in a category. She was never anxious and always calm. She always made us feel at ease and we always felt comfortable asking her any questions. She is great at explaining IVF, IUI, and other fertility treatments. We never left her office unsure about these special treatments. She was also avaiable to reach outside of the office. We talked to her via phone or video. Every conversation was personable and very interactive.
Dr. Dondik [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] made us feel like we were her only patients. She would talk to us without interuption or delay. She had enough time for our questions and we understood our unqiue situation when we left her office. She was personable and relateable which created a strong connection with us. She built a lot of trust with us because we were treated as individuals who have special needs
2 IUI, IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr.Dondik is super nice first of all. She always had a pleasent attitude. Smiling makes a difference at 7am in the morning and she never shyed away from having a nice smile on her face. She was always positive about our circumstance despite any setbacks. When we did not achieve our desired results she was realistic in what was best for us but never lumped us in a category. She was never anxious and always calm. She always made us feel at ease and we always felt comfortable asking her any questions. She is great at explaining IVF, IUI, and other fertility treatments. We never left her office unsure about these special treatments. She was also avaiable to reach outside of the office. We talked to her via phone or video. Every conversation was personable and very interactive.
I would tell the patient they are in good hands and Dr Dondik has there best interest.
Dr. Dondik made us feel like we were her only patients. She would talk to us without interuption or delay. She had enough time for our questions and we understood our unqiue situation when we left her office. She was personable and relateable which created a strong connection with us. She built a lot of trust with us because we were treated as individuals who have special needs
Yelena Dondik
My husband and I initial visit with [Dr. Yelena Dondik] was very comfortable. Based on our medical history by the end of the visit Dr.Dondik made a plan for us, explaining every step of the process. She did an excellent job with her knowledge, confidence and patience...I felt like a human because of Dr.Dondik's Compassion towards my husband and I situation as a young couple trying to conceive naturally but was unable to do so.
[NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists is a] Very clean and well organized office. I never waited more than 10 mins after my appointment time. They were very flexible if I was running late, just call or they will...the view was amazing in the waiting area. Each and every one of them [staff] was courteous, professional, and made my visit as comfortable as they possibly could. This experience would not have been the same without (Nurse) Elena, she was very knowledgeable with my plan of care and consistently answers all my questions before and after all my appointments.
My husband and I initial visit with Dr.Dondik was very comfortable. Based on our medical history by the end of the visit Dr.Dondik made a plan for us, explaining every step of the process. She did an excellent job with her knowledge, confidence and patience.
If you're anything like myself, write down all the questions you may have before going to your appointment so when you leave the office you'll be satisfied all your questions were answered.
I cannot begin to express my satisfaction with the staff at Dr.Dondik's office.From the front desk, Medical assistance, Sono Tec. to the Nurse's (especially Elena).Each and every one of them was courteous, professional, and made my visit as comfortable as they possibly could. This experience would not have been the same without (Nurse) Elena, she was very knowledgeable with my plan of care and consistently answers all my questions before and after all my appointments.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Very clean and well organized office. I never waited more than 10 mins after my appointment time. They were very flexible if I was running late, just call or they will. Completely off topic but the view was amazing in the waiting area.
Brooklyn

Dr. Dondik will breakdown everything for you so that you can make your own decision [about Eset]. She will recommend anything that will be in your favor. Multiple embryo transfer was not something that was recommended to me...was very kind she was open to answer as much questions as you had. I was treated as an individual not a number...She asks questions, she wants you to ask as many questions as you need. I love the fact she is very personable. She able to work with your schedule especially if your is very busy like mines was. She's the best!
They [nurses at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] were great! Very kind ladies...They didn't treat you like it was some assembly line. I love the nurses. Beautiful human beings...monitoring appointments were painless...The staff is vey personable. The minute you walk in your greeted with kindness. They done rush you out. They make everyone is taken care of fairly. A new patient should be ready for a crew thats running a tight ship...I took a lot of hormone shots for my ivf. I had to take one shot in the morning then 3 shots in the evening. I did these treatments for about a mouth. The results was outstanding.
Dr.Donik was great I recommend her to anyone and everyone. She asks questions, she wants you to ask as many questions as you need. I love the fact she is very personable. She able to work with your schedule especially if your is very busy like mines was. She's the best!
I would tell them, their in great hands
I was treated fairly. Dr Donik was very kind she was open to answer as much questions as you had. I was treated as an individual not a number.
What can't I say about the nursing staff. They were great! Very kind ladies they spoke to well. They didn't treat you like it was some assembly line. I love the nurses. Beautiful human beings
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
monitoring appointments were painless. You are treated like a human being
I paid a co-pay for every visit. Call insurance I would tell a new patient.
Dr. Dondik will breakdown everything for you so that you can make your own decision. She will recommend anything that will be in your favor. Multiple embryo transfer was not something that was recommended to me.
Brooklyn
Dr. Dondik is professional, well versed in the recent research, and seems genuinely invested in patient outcomes. We came after six months of trying and were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Dr. Dondik recommended IUI medicated with Clomid, and we were lucky enough to get a positive pregnancy test on the first round. We "graduated" with a healthy eight week ultrasound.
I loved that the office [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] was small and efficient, and most of the time extremely warm and friendly...The clinic is clean, conveniently located (with a nice view, which is a bonus), and efficiently run. I loved how small it was, because it made it easy to deal with, and they were very understanding when travel delays made me quite late one day.
Go see her.
I was so grateful to find Dr. Dondik's office after an arduous search to find someone who took our insurance. I loved that the office was small and efficient, and most of the time extremely warm and friendly. Dr. Dondik herself couldn't have been kinder or more patient.
Dr. Dondik prescribed Clomid to start out. When she noticed a thinner uterine lining, she prescribed estrogen suppositories. We used our own genetic material.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Our insurance covered everything but an $85 trigger shot.
2018 - 2020
I did one cycle of IUI [with Dr. Maria Saketos] and then an egg retrieval with genetic testing which yielded three good embryos and two mosaics. Each transfer failed. After first failed transfer had months of delay due to a test she encouraged me to take a ERA test and it was one thing after another with it that caused a big delay...I felt with each failure I had she had less interest in me. After my third failed embryo transfer (which was my last embryo) she never even called me to discuss next steps. It was almost impossible to see her and when I did she had no memory of my treatment
There are many nurses you will deal with during your time there [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] and some are fantastic. Overall they are all good. My only complaint is that I feel the office could be run more efficiently sometimes when they are chatting...The clinic feels like a factory - there are so many women and it takes so long to get through each appointment. I have waited up until 1.5 hours just for a monitoring appointment. They have too many patients and not enough staff.
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with Maria Saketos at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Saketos is impossible to get in touch with. I got a message of concerning test results and it took days to get in touch with her. With every failed step she would say things like "I don't know why it isn't working" and literally put her hands up in the air. When she spoke I felt like she was not confident - she would say things like "I've never seen this before" and nervously giggle. Another issue is the few times I actually saw her she had no memory of my history and I would have to remind her of things that had occurred.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Saketos at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Don't go to her
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Saketos at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Describe the protocols Maria Saketos used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I did one cycle of IUI and then an egg retrieval with genetic testing which yielded three good embryos and two mosaics. Each transfer failed. After first failed transfer had months of delay due to a test she encouraged me to take a ERA test and it was one thing after another with it that caused a big delay. My new doctor told me that test is a waste and totally unproven.
There are many nurses you will deal with during your time there and some are fantastic. Overall they are all good. My only complaint is that I feel the office could be run more efficiently sometimes when they are chatting.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Saketos at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
My Insurance covered everything but the genetic counseling which was around $4500
Mineola

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Maria Saketos at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

2019 - 2020
I think Dr Kuokkanen has great experience and is very well informed but I don't think her communication style was the best match for me. Many times she explained things in medical terms and it was hard for me to follow along or fully understand. She was on vacation while I started my IVF treatment and felt that I was left on my own. When my body was not reacting as expected to the injections she or any of the other doctors did not change my treatment in any way. The thing that most bother me was that after having 0 embryos from my first IVF treatment, I felt that she was very negative about my chances for future IVF treatment.
The clinic [NYU Langone] itself felt very unorganized and there was a lack of communication. I felt like a number more than a human. The finance department was hard to get a hold of and many times didn't return my calls. I also didn't like that to do IVF I had to have a consultation with the doctor, then a consultation with the nurse practitioner and then a class to show you how to do the injections. For each of those 3 appointments I had to pay a copay. It really felt like that could have been all in 1 appointment or 2 at the most. Not only did it feel like I was being nickel and dimed but also like they didn't value my time.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Satu Kuokkanen at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Satu Kuokkanen at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Ask her to explain things in clearer detail. However, I would not see Dr Kuokkanen while she is practicing at RS of NY.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Satu Kuokkanen at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
The clinic really lacks in communication. I was frequently not given the proper information in the right way or at the right time. I also did not like that they have so many nurses and any of them will call you with your results from that day. I think it would be easier to only speak with 1 or 2 nurses that actually know your case especially since it is so hard to speak to the doctor. During my IVF my body was not responding to the injections and I was only seeing 2 eggs. Dr Kuokkanen was on vacation and I kept being told that one of the other doctors would call me to discuss but day after day I never actually spoke to another doctor. The nurses would just call me and say they wanted me to continue with my current dosage. When Dr Kuokkanen finally returned to the office from her vacation I was on day 11 of injections and she still did not call me to discuss my situation even though I tried calling to speak with her multiple times and was promised she would call me. I also felt that I had to do a lot of the leg work communicating between the finance department and my insurance. I spent hours back and forth on the phone or email.
Describe the protocols Satu Kuokkanen used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
1st IUI cycle I took Chlomophine, 2 pills a day for 5 days. Uterine lining was thin so I took estrogen twice a day vaginally until the IUI transfer and then I continued to take estrogen twice a day orally. This cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2nd IUI cycle I took Letrozole, 2 pills a day for 5 days. Uterine lining was thin so I took estrogen twice a day vaginally until the IUI transfer and then I continued to take estrogen twice a day orally. I had an IUI transfer on Sunday and was given a trigger shot and then came back the next day for another IUI transfer because my follicles had stopped growing and my bloodwork was borderline surging. One week after IUI transfer I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to be inserted twice a day because my levels were low. My pregnancy test was negative and I was told I possibly didn't ovulate. 3rd IUI cycle I did a natural cycle because the sonogram on day 3 was showing a cyst or follicle. I was told to take estrogen from the beginning of the cycle and progesterone after IUI transfer. This cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. IVF cycle- took 300 units of Gonal-F & 225 IU of Menopur starting 2/14 and did my trigger shot the night of 2/26. Had 4 eggs retrieved on 2/28. Only 2 eggs fertilized and none became embryos.
The nurses overall are very nice and caring but I think they are overworked which causes a breakdown in communication. I think it would be better if I had been assigned to only 1 or 2 nurses.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic itself felt very unorganized and there was a lack of communication. I felt like a number more than a human. The finance department was hard to get a hold of and many times didn't return my calls. I also didn't like that to do IVF I had to have a consultation with the doctor, then a consultation with the nurse practitioner and then a class to show you how to do the injections. For each of those 3 appointments I had to pay a copay. It really felt like that could have been all in 1 appointment or 2 at the most. Not only did it feel like I was being nickel and dimed but also like they didn't value my time. The appointment wait times were also fairly long. What you would think would be fast monitoring appointments often took far too long and involved a lot of waiting around. Having to come to the doctors most times on a daily basis for monitoring before work is already hard enough but then to sit around waiting for so long is beyond frustrating. It just always felt like they didn't value my time or life outside of the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Satu Kuokkanen at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I had insurance coverage for most of my treatment.
There was a lot of miscommunication. Especially concerning was I had discussed my protocol with the Dr for IVF and then when I went in for monitoring many days later, the nurses had not been informed of the changes to my protocol. When I had a biopsy done I had to call the nurses multiple times to get my results that were past due. It seemed like they kept forgetting to follow up with the lab. Once they finally got the results they didn't pass them to the doctor to review until I called again asking about them. Another issue I had was during my first IUI cycle I was told my pap was out dated and I said I really didn't have much time to see my obgyn and they just said ok. Then it was brought up again by another nurse and I told her the same thing and she said ok. Then after my IUI transfer another nurse finally told me that I would need to get an updated pap in order to continue treatment if I am not pregnant and that it was clinic policy. That was completely understandable so I called my obgyn and made an appointment but the next available appointment wasn't for a couple of weeks. After I took my pregnancy test and had a chemical pregnancy a nurse Barbara called me and asked about my pap. I told her the date of the appointment and she very aggressively told me that I would not be allowed to start another treatment this cycle because of the pap. I was already devastated by the chemical pregnancy and then to hear I couldn't continue treatment was awful. Barbara's manner of handling the situation was very inappropriate and I was literally sobbing at work. I then asked to have Dr Koukkanen call me and when she did she said Barbara was out of line and that since I have the pap scheduled I can start another round of treatment. I never felt comfortable working with Barbara again.
Satu Kuokkanen
Mineola

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Satu Kuokkanen at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

Egg Freezing (cancer), Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF
Cancer
Strength [of NYU] - Doctors of varying experience to consult with to ensure the right protocol...Weakness - popular center of excellence so it’s a busy wait room...Notes: be detailed and thorough when taking notes and reviewing your treatment cycle...Dr. DeVore is thorough, considerate, patient, and willing to think outside the box which is exactly what you want during IVF...I lost my ovaries due to cancer so I only had limited chances on becoming pregnant with IVF. I’m 34 now and froze my eggs when I was 22.
Egg Freezing (cancer), Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF
Cancer
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I lost my ovaries due to cancer so I only had limited chances on becoming pregnant with IVF. I’m 34 now and froze my eggs when I was 22. From day 1 Dr. DeVore was determined to figure out a game plan for success. We did one cycle with a transfer and it didn’t implant. Before doing a second cycle we did a mock cycle to test the uterus to see if my past endometriosis issues were the cause or if the timing was off and we needed to transfer at a different time. We discovered the latter was true and went forward with a plan to transfer a day later and increased some of the medicine. We had one embryo left and thawed the rest of my eggs and created fresh embryos. Unfortunately only one embryo from this group looked viable for biopsy, and two embryos appeared to be weak in the Petrie dish and wouldn’t make it to biopsy. Instead of the waiting to see if these embryos would make it to biopsy stage (which was VERY unlikely and basically have them wasted) Dr. DeVore made the now-brilliant decision to transfer both embryos in hopes they might do better in my uterus compared to the Petrie dish- if we hadn’t done this, these embryos were likely to die, but by a miracle chance one of the embryos worked!! I am now 3-months pregnant, and never thought I’d be fortunate enough to see this day come. I can’t convey strongly enough that this is the doctor you should try. You want someone who is going to think about your situation when you leave the office and this is the doctor who will do that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Stop looking and book your consult. Have a list of questions ready and prepare to meet your favorite doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I’ve been under the care of specialists for 15 years, sharing to give perspective, and Dr. DeVore is thorough, considerate, patient, and willing to think outside the box which is exactly what you want during IVF.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Strength - Doctors of varying experience to consult with to ensure the right protocol Weakness - popular center of excellence so it’s a busy wait room Notes: be detailed and thorough when taking notes and reviewing your treatment cycle
Shannon DeVore
Mineola

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

2019 - 2020
From the moment we met Dr. Fritz, we felt very comfortable. He explained all our treatments in detail. I never felt rushed or pushed. He always answered his emailed and when needed, would check in by phone to discuss the progress of our treatment. I can recall there was one time when he was on vacation, but we had what we thought was an important question. He called us back despite being on vacation and helped put us at ease. We are very grateful to have found Dr. Fritz to help us grow our family.
After 2 failed cycles and 1 miscarriage, we reconsulted and decided to begin IVF with genetic testing [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York]...We retrieved 18 eggs, 10 embryos, which resulted in 7 genetically normal embryos. We did a frozen embryo transfer cycle and transferred one embryo. Current, we are pregnant!...The nursing staff were excellent and efficient. They got to know me well after being a patient for many months. Many times they were a breath of fresh air during this stressful time.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Ask all of your questions and do not hesitate to reach out to him when new questions arise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
From our first meeting with Dr. Fritz, he was kind, patient and made sure to explain and answer everything in detail. He also spent the time to answer all of our questions. He always discussed all treatment options with us and I never felt pushed and when I asked for his advice, he was very forthcoming and honest. He was always available and responded to emails quickly. At my previous clinic, I felt that I could never reach my doctor and that is one of the major reasons why I switched clinics.
Describe the protocols Rani Fritz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
After an extensive work up, we fell into the unexplained fertility category. Dr. Fritz recommended trying IUI with Femera. After 2 failed cycles and 1 miscarriage, we reconsulted and decided to begin IVF with genetic testing. For our IVF cycle, we used Gonal F 150 units and Menopur 150 units and Cetrotide. We retrieved 18 eggs, 10 embryos, which resulted in 7 genetically normal embryos. We did a frozen embryo transfer cycle and transferred one embryo. Current, we are pregnant!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The strengths included wonderful doctors and wonderful staff. I would highly recommend receiving treatment with Dr. Fritz. At times, morning hours could be busy, but they are as efficient as possible. It is worth the wait for good quality care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
fortunately, my insurance covered all costs associated with my care aside for the genetic testing that was around $4,500.
Describe Rani Fritz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Dr. Fritz explained that given my age and that we were doing genetic testing that we only transfer one embryo. He also discussed the risk of twins.
Rani Fritz
Mineola

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

We saw Dr. Goudas for our consultation, after that we saw him I believe 1 other time. Different Dr.s are in the office in different days so it's hard to see the Dr when everything is time sensitive. That aspect I wasn't happy about bc each Dr wasn't always fully aware of what the other Dr. had said last appointment....We did 1 month of timed intercourse as they followed my cycle. They followed my cycle from day 3, and then followed up with blood tests and vaginal ultrasounds until ovulation was confirmed
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Repro Specialists] were the heart of this practice. They spent more time with me answering my questions then anyone else. They were very patient and understanding. They offered outside help when needed.... This office is small and Abit out if date looking. The dr.s offices are bare since they are shared with multiple Dr.s. The Soni rooms are very clean, along with where they draw your blood. Overall it's a clean office that has what you need for quick visits.
How was your experience with Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
We saw Dr. Goudas for our consultation, after that we saw him I believe 1 other time. Different Dr.s are in the office in different days so it's hard to see the Dr when everything is time sensitive. That aspect I wasn't happy about bc each Dr wasn't always fully aware of what the other Dr. had said last appointment. The administration side of this office is a bit of a problem. Getting someone on the phone to make an appointment could take an hour. I spoke with billing extensively, and yet was still given the wrong info about insurance and ended up with a big bill. The nurses there are amazing, they took their time and answered every question about every Sono and anything else. They really went above and beyond. I did like the Dr.s in the group that we saw, all of them did take time to go over things. But they need to communicate more since the same Dr.s are not always in the office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Be prepared to meet with every Dr in the office! And to possibly wait a bit to get a receptionist on the phone
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Each appointment the Dr in the office would sit down with us and explain blood work results, what is the next steps etc. The office would call with results or email if they didn't get in touch with us. Appointments were always easy to come by.
Describe the protocols Vasilios Goudas used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
We did 1 month of timed intercourse as they followed my cycle. They followed my cycle from day 3, and then followed up with blood tests and vaginal ultrasounds until ovulation was confirmed with a blood test. The following month we start with Clomid, starting with a day 3 blood test, then vaginal ultrasound to check where I was in my cycle along with more blood work. Next it was vaginal ultrasounds and blood work every other day for almost 2 weeks. Once I had high on on ovulation test, it was intercourse every other day, while still having the blood work and ultrasound. Once I had a peak ovulation test, a blood test was done to confirm, a long with a trigger shot. After that we waited 2 weeks to have a pregnancy blood test. I had start spotting 2 days prior so we were not expecting a positive test. The office called a few hours later that day to confirm it was negitive. The Dr recommend we do another round of the Clomid but bc of not knowing if I blockage in my tubes, we didn't think moving forward was the best idea since insurance would not cover anything and IVF seem like our best and likely option.
The nursing staff were the heart of this practice. They spent more time with me answering my questions then anyone else. They were very patient and understanding. They offered outside help when needed.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Since their financial coordinator was incorrect in her information about my insurance, we are responsible for everything, about $7,000.
I spoke with the financial coordinator for a month to know what my insurance would and would not cover. The person I spoke with was very confident in saying all procedures are covered and a certain amount was allocated towards IVF. After a month of tracking my cycle and another month of a Clomid cycle, I received a call they my insurance actually will not be covering anything and we now have a large bill to pay
Vasilios Goudas
Mineola

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Trivax always knew us by name and was kind and respectful...was always thorough, focused, confident, kind, and I feel he wants me to pregnant as much or more than I do! He’s got our best interest as a priority. He is really smart and does a great job explaining his decisions and rationale...In my current cycle, Dr. Trivax has me on baby aspirin, prednisone, antibiotics, and estrogen and progesterone. He also is performing an endometrial scratch. The purpose behind these decisions is to increase blood flow to the uterus, eliminate inflammation of uterus wall, address possible autoimmune tendencies that could exist, and to create a space in the uterus wall where an embryo would be attracted to for easier implantation.
RSNY was facing an overhaul and things seemed to be different when I approached them to receive my paperwork and to move my embryos from there to Island Fertility. It may have been the negative pregnancy test that skewed my feelings towards the practice...$25,000 approx for ivf freeze all and one frozen embryo transfer, includIng medication...had some administrative issues and overall went down hill as my cycle progressed. After my failed pregnancy test and long hiatus, I switched to Island Fertility and am much happier there. Island Fertility is a brand new facility and the care and attention you receive there is leaps and bounds beyond RSNY.
2017 - 2019
Dr. Trivax was always thorough, focused, confident, kind, and I feel he wants me to pregnant as much or more than I do! He’s got our best interest as a priority. He is really smart and does a great job explaining his decisions and rationale.
Don’t get blindsided by good statistics. Know that nothing is guaranteed, no matter what the odds are telling you.
Dr. Trivax always knew us by name and was kind and respectful.
RSNY nursing staff was mostly good. However the staff at Dr. Trivaxs new practice, Island Fertility, is excellent. This is where my current cycle is being held.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
RSNY had some administrative issues and overall went down hill as my cycle progressed. After my failed pregnancy test and long hiatus, I switched to Island Fertility and am much happier there. Island Fertility is a brand new facility and the care and attention you receive there is leaps and bounds beyond RSNY.
RSNY was facing an overhaul and things seemed to be different when I approached them to receive my paperwork and to move my embryos from there to Island Fertility. It may have been the negative pregnancy test that skewed my feelings towards the practice, but I was happy to follow Dr. Trivax to his new facility and practice.
Mineola

I did feel a little rushed and overwhelmed during our initial consult, as it's a very busy clinic. But, Dr. Sakedos was very kind and open to listening to our questions and concerns. She laid out all of the possible treatment plans with great detail. She and her staff have been great at answering questions in a timely manner any time I've called.... We're still in the early stages of our infertility plan. Will be going in for our first IUI in a couple weeks. But so far Dr. Saketos has been very personable and great at explaining our options and worked with us to make a plan we're comfortable with.
Overall, I like this office [Reproductive Specialists of NY- Mineola] a lot. Clearly a lot of other people do too, because it is ALWAYS busy. Most appointments I've been to, I've waited 20-30 minuted past my appointment time to get called back, but once I was there for an hour and half before getting placed in an exam room.... They never called with my husbands initial SA results and had never sent him a link to set up a profile with their online portal, so we couldn't view it there. I called and it was all sorted out in a few minutes though.
Take notes! She gives you a lot of info on the first visit.
The nursing staff at the Mineola office have all been great so far. They've all been compassionate and caring. And the phlebotomists are the quickest I've ever dealt with.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Overall, I like this office a lot. Clearly a lot of other people do too, because it is ALWAYS busy. Most appointments I've been to, I've waited 20-30 minuted past my appointment time to get called back, but once I was there for an hour and half before getting placed in an exam room.
They've managed to bill some of my initial tests to our insurance, but our IUI package will be paid out of pocket at about $1300 per cycle, not including medication.
Describe Maria Saketos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Mineola

I loved Dr. Saketos! She has a terrific bedside manner: she is warm, patient, kind, honest, and took her time with us. She didn't treat me like an "easy case" just because I was young like my previous doctor did. She had a calm demeanor during my egg retrieval and transfers. She even called to congratulate me when I got pregnant with my twins...did not recommend a multiple embryo transfer, because we were young and had several frozen embryos in storage. We did a single embryo transfer first, but that failed, and I was insistent on a multiple embryo transfer the second time around. She warned us of the risks, which were valid, because I ended up having a high-risk twin pregnancy, but now we have two healthy babies!
Monitoring [at Reproductive Services of New York] was usually before work, which was convenient...My only criticisms are that the waiting time can be a bit long, which is tough when you have to be there so often for monitoring. Also, sometimes I felt like there was a lack of communication because multiple nurses would give me different information at various times throughout the day when I called with questions. I wish I could have talked to my doctor each time, but I know that's not always possible. I did have my favorite nurses, though, who were always wonderful.
I loved Dr. Saketos! She has a terrific bedside manner: she is warm, patient, kind, honest, and took her time with us. She didn't treat me like an "easy case" just because I was young like my previous doctor did. She had a calm demeanor during my egg retrieval and transfers. She even called to congratulate me when I got pregnant with my twins. I would highly recommend her to anyone in the Long Island area who is struggling with infertility-she is worth the wait!
Listen to her advice! :)
I loved Dr. Saketos! She was so warm, never rushed me, and always listened patiently when I voiced my frustrations.
I loved the nurses at Reproductive Specialists of NY! They were all so sweet, caring, and invested in their patients' success. They all jumped up and down for me when I finally got pregnant!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Overall, I had a good experience with Reproductive Specialists of NY. My only criticisms are that the waiting time can be a bit long, which is tough when you have to be there so often for monitoring. Also, sometimes I felt like there was a lack of communication because multiple nurses would give me different information at various times throughout the day when I called with questions. I wish I could have talked to my doctor each time, but I know that's not always possible. I did have my favorite nurses, though, who were always wonderful.
Monitoring was usually before work, which was convenient.
Dr. Saketos did not recommend a multiple embryo transfer, because we were young and had several frozen embryos in storage. We did a single embryo transfer first, but that failed, and I was insistent on a multiple embryo transfer the second time around. She warned us of the risks, which were valid, because I ended up having a high-risk twin pregnancy, but now we have two healthy babies!