Reproductive Specialists of New York

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
16 Court Street
2500 Nesconset Hwy
Stony Brook, NY 11790
1111 Montauk Hwy
West Islip, NY 11795
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Specialists of New York to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 19Neutral: 14Don't recommend: 28.6
View fewer doctors
6 Eggs Frozen
The clinic [Long Island IVF] can be very busy. Most often I had a minimal waiting time but a few times it was upwards of 30 minutes. Overall, the staff was the best part of this clinic. The nurses remember very patient and show great empathy. I felt like I mattered.... They took time to answer questions and return calls. I felt very comfortable asking for help and speaking to them about the process.... In the beginning I had great difficulty getting the initial blood work I needed.
6 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic can be very busy. Most often I had a minimal waiting time but a few times it was upwards of 30 minutes. Overall, the staff was the best part of this clinic. The nurses remember very patient and show great empathy. I felt like I mattered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Stelling at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Although he spoke quickly, he took time to answer questions and had a decent bedside manner. He was honest when going over the results and I didn’t feel like he was trying to backtrack when the results weren’t as expected. He offered ideas for the second round.
Very friendly and approachable. They took time to answer questions and return calls. I felt very comfortable asking for help and speaking to them about the process.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
How was your experience with James Stelling at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
He spoke quickly and it was hard to catch everything he said at times, but he was willing to answer questions and review information. He was not the doctor who performed the actual retrieval, and I would have preferred knowing this further in advance rather than just before the retrieval. I appreciated that he was honest when assessing the results and acknowledged that it was not what he had expected when going into the retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Stelling at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Ask as many questions as you need to. He is patient and knows he speaks quickly so he is very willing to review information or clarify something he already covered.
Describe the protocols James Stelling used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I was prescribed 300 units Follistim and 300 Menopur. I was on the injections for about 13 days because the follicles weren’t reacting as quickly as expected. I ended up with 17 follicles , 13 eggs retrieved, 6 were mature and 6 made it through the freezing process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
These went smoothly and the office was well run. I was usually seen close to my scheduled time, and except for one instance, there was no more than a 30 minute wait. The visits were quick and efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Stelling at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It was roughly $4000 (just under) all included, except for medicines and copays. The drugs were separate but were covered by my insurance. Each visit requires my insurance’s copay. Ultimately this was probably about another $450-$500. This price included two months of freezing. After the two months it is $390 for 6 months.
Stony Brook
I have gone to the West Islip, Mineola and Stony Brook offices [of Reproductive Specialists of New York]. The nurses at the Stony Brook and West Islip office were absolutely amazing!! They get to know you by name and are really compassionate. I am never hesitant to ask them my 100 questions or ask them to go over my meds one more time. They make the negative beta test calls and they do them so well. They are always so positive even after multiple failed cycles. The Mineola nurses are very busy (Mineola is the main hub). I always felt rushed and the nurses didn’t always want to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Monitoring appts are 6:30am-10:00am. Try and get the 6:30 if you can, otherwise you will most likely wait awhile. Over the winter the clinic was not as busy and I was able to get in and out within 40 minutes. Since school is out of session I have waited up to an hour for my appt. Dr. Stelling has recently left the practice and the staff did not inform any of his patients which caused a lot of stress.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradley Trivax at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Trivax treated me like a human and not a number like so many other doctors do. He is caring and compassionate. He listens to all of my concerns and answers my many questions questions thoroughly.
I have gone to the West Islip, Mineola and Stony Brook offices. The nurses at the Stony Brook and West Islip office were absolutely amazing!! They get to know you by name and are really compassionate. I am never hesitant to ask them my 100 questions or ask them to go over my meds one more time. They make the negative beta test calls and they do them so well. They are always so positive even after multiple failed cycles. The Mineola nurses are very busy (Mineola is the main hub). I always felt rushed and the nurses didn’t always want to answer all of my questions.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
How was your experience with Bradley Trivax at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
After 4 failed IUI cycles, and since our insurance covers IVF he recommended moving onto the next step (IVF). He gave us different scenarios and would say “if it was me this is what I would do” I was very emotional during the entire IVF process and he took the time to reassure and comfort me.
Describe the protocols Bradley Trivax used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
For IVF he wanted to go with a low dose of stims to avoid overstimulation. He predicted I would make 20 eggs and he was right! I ended up with 14 mature eggs and did not overstimulate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradley Trivax at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Once we met our $300 deductible we had almost 100% coverage for IUIs, IVF and meds. The insurance didn’t cover anesthesia ($900) and cyro (freezing, $1300 and then $650 2x a year for storage).
Describe Bradley Trivax's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
He recommends a single embryo transfer, but we could convince him to do 2 embryos.
Mineola
This is a very busy clinic [Repro Specialists of Ny] with lots of patients, but they do a really good job at not making it feel that way. You only know that because the waiting rooms sometimes are pretty full. They use an electronic system now that updates your labs, appointments, and notes all online or on the app and it’s great that you can see all the stuff. I would always forget everything the doctor or sono tech or nurse would say with all the numbers and stuff and the app lets me see them myself.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
This is a very busy clinic with lots of patients, but they do a really good job at not making it feel that way. You only know that because the waiting rooms sometimes are pretty full. They use an electronic system now that updates your labs, appointments, and notes all online or on the app and it’s great that you can see all the stuff. I would always forget everything the doctor or sono tech or nurse would say with all the numbers and stuff and the app lets me see them myself. And knowledge helps you be a better advocate for yourself.
There are a lot of people that go to this clinic so it is hard to not feel like a number at some point just because this is so stressful and heartbreaking. However, Dr. Trivax tried to make you feel like you are important too.
They are very helpful and understanding of this process. They see a lot of these patients every day or every other day and these peoples’ very tough days and they try and make a connection with them.
I think Dr. Trivax is a wonderful doctor. I think he really wants to help patients and make a difference. The clinic is big and there are a lot of patients that go, so I don’t always get to see him but when I do I feel like he is really on our side. At our consult to decide what to do next he said we will do things at whatever pace we feel comfortable with is how we will proceed. A baby is the ultimate goal, not just being pregnant, but being a mother is what is important and I will do anything I have to do to do that, and Dr. Trivax said we will make that possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradley Trivax at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Understand that you may not see Dr. Trivax at every appointment, as he also works at another facility, but you will know what’s going on. At our first consult he gave me his email and said if I ever had a problem to email him.
We first did IUI with femara. I am young and ovulate on my own as far as we know so he didn’t want to use any extreme medications so we started slow and as iui 1 didn’t work he adjusted my meds and went up with them. We did Hcg triggers for each iui after using ovulation predictor kits before. Also blood work and sono was used to confirm ovulation and then we would trigger and come in for iui 36 hours after. The 4th iui we did my lining was not thickening so he adjusted and put me on estrogen supplements and my lining did thicken enough for our iui.
Our first three IUIs were covered under a global fee of $995 which is some of the cheaper rates for IUI. We are self pay so everything (including meds) are out of pocket. The rate now is $1250 for the IUI. We went to another Dr to get a second opinion and an IUI was $2400! And I was so upset.
We have not discussed this yet because we have not decided to do ivf yet, but I think that is our next step.
Mineola
RSNY does like to get patients in and out, but I certainly felt like a human while being treated by RSNY. Each time Dr. Trivax was in the office and I had an ultrasound (not just blood work), we met to discuss my treatment. Elaina (RN) is pretty blunt, but gets the job done thoroughly and effectively...The RSNY Brooklyn office is convenient to where I live, however it became clear early on that the Mineola office is RSNY's priority. (Dr. Trivax is in Brooklyn maybe a little more than half the week.)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It's important to know that the Brooklyn office is a satellite location for RSNY with the Long Island locations are the primary focus where most procedures occur. I had to travel to Mineola on Monday morning for an IUI because there was no doctor available for my IUI in Brooklyn and there was always a possibility of needing to go to Mineola for treatment. This increased stress levels considerably.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana)
Elana definitely is good at her job although she can be somewhat short and abrupt. She's all business and keeps the office moving efficiently.
I had a great experience with Dr. Trivax and the Brooklyn office overall. He's quite laid back and performs his job in a no BS way, which I appreciated. He's incredibly knowledgable and helped me to ovulate (I have PCOS) and instilled confidence I would conceive (but unfortunately had 4 failed IUIs).
I have only the best things to say about Dr. Trivax, except it would have been nice to see him more than I did. The RSNY Brooklyn office is convenient to where I live, however it became clear early on that the Mineola office is RSNY's priority. (Dr. Trivax is in Brooklyn maybe a little more than half the week.)
Due to my insurance coverage, Dr. Trivax prescribed Clomid, trigger shot to ovulate and IUI each of the 4 times. (I elected to not do the IUI, but timed intercourse, for one of the 4 times.)
My insurance covered 100% of treatment with a $50 copay each visit.
Brooklyn
As a patient, you are welcomed by the friendly staff of nurses, however the front desk at the clinic [Repro Specialists of NY] upset me. They fail to inform patients of their coverage. They are unorganized and at times careless. It is upsetting to have to deal with front desk receptionists who don't pay attention and disregard what you ask or say. This also pertains to their finance dept...The finance dept can be rude and lack to give information.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
As a patient, you are welcomed by the friendly staff of nurses, however the front desk at the clinic upset me. They fail to inform patients of their coverage. They are unorganized and at times careless. It is upsetting to have to deal with front desk receptionists who don't pay attention and disregard what you ask or say. This also pertains to their finance dept.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Bronson at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Bronson is extremely knowledgeable. However, I do feel that at times he does in fact forget that his patients are individuals dealing with the struggles of infertility. It has been an emotional rollercoaster for my husband and I trying to get pregnant. Not only do couples like ourselves need to deal with infertility, but planning our finances around the costs for treatments like IUI, and IVF when an insurance provider refuses to cover for these treatments becomes upsetting, overwhelming, and stressful. Therefore, as a patient you hope to have a Dr who can be warm & understanding to these issues.
Lovely and pleasant group of nurses that are supportive and friendly.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
How was your experience with Richard Bronson at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
When I tried to express my concerns to Dr. Bronson, he usually would respond by saying that I should follow his step by step plan and not jump ahead of myself. As a patient, I do have fears and concerns as well as questions I would like answered. Dr. Bronson is a professional, but I wish that he showed more warmth.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Bronson at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
He has been in this profession for a long time but don't expect him to sit and listen to you for very long.
Describe the protocols Richard Bronson used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
He encouraged me to go for 3 IUI tries. I did 1 medicated cycle (Clomid 50mg) without IUI, and 2 medicated cycles (Clomid 100 mg) with IUI. Unfortunately they all resulted in BFN.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Bronson at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Insurance does not cover therefore it has costed us $3,000 on iui and meds. Now we are saving up for ivf.
Richard Bronson
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic [Repro Specialists of NY has moved to a computerized record system within the last year. The positive is now there is an online patient portal which has all your information as long as they diligently input the info. The negative is that the clinic has lost some of its personal touch...There was some human errors with incorrectly scheduled office visits, missed prescriptions, conflicting info from the nurses. Every mishap was remedied in a timely manner even though I had to call emergency numbers on occassion
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic has moved to a computerized record system within the last year. The positive is now there is an online patient portal which has all your information as long as they diligently input the info. The negative is that the clinic has lost some of its personal touch. It's a large practice with 3 doctors and it wasn't the most intimate of offices but after using the computers, it lost that personal touch a little bit more.
During your visits, you didn't always see a doctor but you always saw a nurse. You didn't see the same nurse each time. Usually you saw a different nurse every time. Overall the nurse staff was very nice and compassionate. However I flung the nursing staff didn't always communicate fully each step or what to expect. I learned to be my own advocate and ask multiple questions until I fully understood what was happening. The nurses were always patient and always answered each question but sometimes didn't offer information I expected unless I asked for it.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
How was your experience with Linda Sung at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Linda Sung is an excellent reproductive endocrinologist. She fully explained all procedures and risks. She was delicately blunt with all results. She always had a plan and options no matter what our results were. She had a terrific bedside manner. We always felt comfortable with her.
Describe the protocols Linda Sung used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
Our original diagnosis was unexplained fertility. We tried cycles just using blood test to detect ovulation, cycles using clomid without assistance, cycles using clomid with IUI, cycles using fertility injections with IUI, and cycles using fertility injections with IVF. We did a total of 12 IUI's and 3 IVF cycles. In the end it was determined, that I have poor egg quality.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Linda Sung at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Unfortunately my insurance did not cover infertility treatment except for standard lab bloodwork. All procedures, cycles, monitoring, visits were out of pocket. IUI's cost me $995 each for low global monitoring and my IVF cycles averaged about $15,000 each. I believe costs have increased now.
Mineola
The office [Reproductive Specialists of NY] switched over to this portal system. They are still working out the kinks. I wasn't given lab results and instructions a few times through the system. Also they changed the way you make appointments. You used to be able to call the front desk and make an appointment right away. Now the nurses make the appointments so you have to call and leave a message with the front desk for a nurse to call you back.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The office switched over to this portal system. They are still working out the kinks. I wasn't given lab results and instructions a few times through the system. Also they changed the way you make appointments. You used to be able to call the front desk and make an appointment right away. Now the nurses make the appointments so you have to call and leave a message with the front desk for a nurse to call you back.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Linda Sung at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr Sung really seemed like she cares about her patients and their desire to have a family. The nurses and the front desk people all were really nice and took the time to learn everyone's names. They all seem to care about the patients
The nursing staff was very nice. They seemed to care about the patient and really tried to be as helpful as they could be.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr Sung really took the time in our consultation appointments to talk with me and go over any concerns or questions I had. She seemed to have a more conservative approach but she was always very nice and caring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Linda Sung at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
The portal system doesn't always work so make sure you are in top of checking it if you are waiting for instructions.
Dr Sung started me on chlomit for the first 8 or 9 cycles. One cycle I was switched to a different pill that was similar to chlomit but it was just to see if maybe my body responded to this brand better. After that we switched to injections. Gonal F, medipure & gonerellx. I did HCG injections for all 13 cycles of IUI.
I have Aetna. They wouldn't cover the first 6 IUI cycles because I was using donor sperm. So I had to pay out of pocket the first 6 cycles. The doctors office had a Global payment plan they offered which was just about $1000.00 per cycle. It was helpful. After that, Aetna started to cover the IUI cycles so I only had the copayment. Aetna will not cover any IVF procedures or medications associated with IVF so that will be out of pocket for me. The doctors office does offer a plan to help but it's still very expensive. It will cost about 25k per cycle.
Mineola
Twice I made appointments in the office [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] but for some reason the appointments were missing from the computer when I confirmed a few days later. I was missing lab results when they switched over to the portal system and instructions on the injection dosages were not sent through the system one time. I had a biopsy done and after leaving messages several times to get the results, I received 2 conflicting information regarding my results
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The staff and doctors are very nice. They switched over to this portal system which doesn't always work giving your lab results and instructions. Also the front desk is no longer making appointments fir patients. You have to leave a message for a nurse and they will call you back to make an appointment. That part is frustrating.
On consultation appointments with dr. Sung, I really felt like she cared and wanted to help. The staff has always been friendly. They knew my name and we're always very accommodating to my schedule.
The nurses were very nice and helpful.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr Sung really seems like she cares for her patients. She wants to see them succeed on their path and she takes the time to discuss it with you on consultation appointments. I think sometimes she is a little more conservative in her approach but overall I have been very happy with her as my doctor.
Be your own advocate. If you think there is testing that should be done or at least discussed then push for it
The first 8 or 9 cycles I was given chlomit. Sometimes the dosages would increase to help produce more follicles. After that I was switched to a different pill but basically the same just to see if my body would react better to it. The last 3 times I did injections of gonal f, gonerellx and medipure. HCG injections I was given fir all cycles
I have Aetna and they would not cover the first 6 IUI cycles. The doctors office had a global payment plan of about a $1000.00 per cycle. After the 6 cycles my insurance company covered the additional IUI's. But they will not cover IVF at all. That will have to be all out of pocket cost for me which is really expensive for the procedures, tests and medications.
2009 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[The nurses at Reproductive Specialists of New York are] So loving and helpful. When I didn’t understand they would try to explain things. They always were around and remembered your name. I actually miss the attention they gave...Waiting room could have been more cheerful. Also referrals for support groups and more information for those of us doing things alone. I felt alone during this process. The clinic was nice but once you left you were on your own. When I went to another clinic they didn’t help with getting me my records. I had to pay a lot of money just to get my own records. I was very frustrated.
2009 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
He always spoke too fast. He expressed many options but was hard to comprehend at times. He was though very soft spoken.
He was always around but sometimes never got back to you with an email or phone call. I inquired about egg donors and never received any info. He was just not a good talker per se. He explained everything but you had to have it repeated because he spoke way too fast.
He is always in the office so seeing him was never a problem. He spoke sincerely to you and straight forward despite talking fast.
I’ve blocked a lot of things after the fact so I don’t remember. I know we tried clomid with IUI. I also know we did GonalF and other drugs with IVF. We also did the birth control pill with hormones after but i don’t remember the protocol. I wanted to be more aggressive but he was always safe.
I did run up some bills but I managed. My insurance covered 3 cycles of IVF but only 75% and an indefinite amount of IUI. I still had to pay for blood work and visits but I’m still paying off the debt accumulated because of additional costs and medicine.
Describe James Stelling's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
He was open to transfer as many eggs but I just didn’t produce them or they never fertilized.
Mineola
They [Repro Specialists of NY Brooklyn] are small so they pay more attention, always call you back and are easy to work with overall. I worked with a larger clinic that didn't pay any attention or know your name, so this place was great compared to that...She [nurse] is blunt, which can occasionally rub someone the wrong way, but I thought she was a great nurse, one of the best in the center. She remembers details really well and always knew my name and everything about my case. She was quick to get back to me with good information...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They are small so they pay more attention, always call you back and are easy to work with overall. I worked with a larger clinic that didn't pay any attention or know your name, so this place was great compared to that. But you have to be your own advocate everywhere you go. Everyone I worked with was kind and compassionate. The office in Brooklyn is lovely.
He was very kind, warm and positive. He was great about calling us back and helping ease our concerns. He spent more time with us answering questions than any other doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena)
She is blunt, which can occasionally rub someone the wrong way, but I thought she was a great nurse, one of the best in the center. She remembers details really well and always knew my name and everything about my case. She was quick to get back to me with good information.
He is kind and warm and funny. He is positive and easy going. I enjoy him as a person and as a doctor he was thorough, knowledgeable and on top of my case. I did 4 IUI's and then one cycle of IVF with him and I am now 3 months pregnant with my first! He was amazing throughout the whole process and I'm so grateful that I stuck with him for the IVF even after failed IUI's.
Pay attention to your own case details because as much as I trust the doctors and nurses there, they see a lot of people.
with IUI I only paid copays. Testing was the same. Once we moved on to IVF we were very lucky to get a NYS grant for financial assistance. It was the only way we were able to make IVF happen. They processed our application quickly and without delay. I am so grateful to RS for making that happen for us! After the grant we paid a small portion of IVF cost and elective genetic testing on the embryos- about 8 grand.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Clients [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] can be seen early morning, prior to work. The only complaint I have about the clinic is Dr. Bray's bedside manner. We ended up switching doctors from Dr. Bray to Dr. Trivax, halfway through treatments....I LOVE the staff here. From Michelle, office biller/manager, to Alina (sp?), head nurse, to Stacy and the ultrasound nurse, everyone was friendly, welcoming and incredibly supportive, especially when the tears started to flow. :)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Clients can be seen early morning, prior to work. The only complaint I have about the clinic is Dr. Bray's bedside manner. We ended up switching doctors from Dr. Bray to Dr. Trivax, halfway through treatments.
Dr. Trivax took his time to listen to my concerns and anxieties. He was also patient in answering my questions. Despite my feeling discouraged at times, he remained positive that our treatments would result in a positive pregnancy test and that I would carry to term.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alina)
Dr Trivax is patient and encouraging, regardless of how frustrated or disappointed I became due to failed cycles. I would highly recommend him. My only objection was the fact that I endured four miscarriages prior to him implementing a medication regimen of progesterone, steroids, round of antibiotics and Lovenox in order to prevent another miscarriage.
Ask ALL of your questions; none are stupid or irrelevant. Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself.
I used Clomid for my first treatment cycle with Dr. Trivax (not my first treatment cycle). This resulted in positive pregnancy test and a miscarriage (chemical pregnancy-don't like that term) at 5w6days. The 2nd treatment cycle, the next month was non-medicated (no Clomid). Steroid and round of antibiotic started day of IUI procedure. Vaginal progesterone suppositories started two days after IUI. Lovenox started at first confirmed pregnancy blood test, two weeks post IUI.
I had a huge deductible to meet prior to insurance covering our IUI treatments, so my cost is likely more than others if you'v met your deductible or have a low deductible.
Brooklyn
He, Dr. Sang, and Dr. Saketos all speak to you in an understanding manner. They truly want to help you achieve your goal without breaking your bank. The whole office [at Reproductive Specialists of New York], especially the nurses who I saw more of, shared in our frustration, sadness, and ultimate joy...For the most part, this office was great. The few things that could be improved were the occasional delays. Most times I was in and out. But there were also a few days where I didn't get out for well over an hour and had to rush to work. I also didn't realize that I would be working not just with Dr. Trivax, but Drs. Sang and Saketos as well. It turned out okay, but It worried me at first how they could keep track of patients juggling us around between them. However, I never felt forgotten or that they didn't know who I was.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
He, Dr. Sang, and Dr. Saketos all speak to you in an understanding manner. They truly want to help you achieve your goal without breaking your bank. The whole office, especially the nurses who I saw more of, shared in our frustration, sadness, and ultimate joy.
Annette, Jen, and Jen (NP) in particular were amazing. They took the time to talk to you and make sure you understood everything. They are like a machine. Everything was always running smoothly and they did their best to keep your wait to a minimum.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Trivax is so kind and helpful. He was not always in the office when I was there, but his NP and fellow doctors are more than competent. They were truly just as amazing.
This is a rough business. You need to be ready to get poked and prodded and moved from room to room several times a week, first thing in the morning before you even go to work. The first few appointments can seem like they are just wrangling cattle from place to place. But if you can get over that, you realize that it's necessary. You will be there frequently so you want efficiency and and system. Most times you go in it is just for sono and bloodwork, so hand-holding isn't necessary. However, If you need the hand-holding, they will stop and help.
They started by doing a full panel of blood work, sono on me, semen analysis on my husband. Once everything looked good, they just monitored me for ovulation timing and I used femara for 3 cycles. But femara actually threw my cycle off. Dr. Triviax switched me to injectibles in January, had my first IUI; had my first success but miscarried at 6 weeks. I got back to it in my next cycle. Same routine in March. I am currently pregnant and things are looking good.
IUI was not covered by my insurance. For 1 cycle month of bloodwork, sono, and 1 IUI procedure they charged a flat fee of $995. I felt this was more than fair considering how often I went in
Mineola
They [Repro Specialists of NY Mineloa] have a cookie cutter method of doing appointments that is somewhat private yet somewhat out in there open for all to see when speaking with the nurses. The phlebotomist... Some are terrible! I'm a hard stick and they always have me this terrible girl who's bruise me badly...Nursing staff always appeared very busy. They were a well oiled machine. They were very nice but made you feel rushed to speak with them so they could move on to the next.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
You don't get too see your primary dr often. They have a cookie cutter method of doing appointments that is somewhat private yet somewhat out in there open for all to see when speaking with the nurses. The phlebotomist... Some are terrible! I'm a hard stick and they always have me this terrible girl who's bruise me badly. I finally started advocating for the one I know could get me Everytime.
He always made me feel like there was hope. Whenever I felt like giving up he just had this presence that he knew we would get pregnant.
He has a very warm presence about him. Always made me feel there was hope. I always left his office after taking with him directly like a was in good hands. I would get frustrated when he wasn't in the office as I want a fan of other drs in the practice but I knew he was reviewing my case to make sure we were on the right path.
He makes you feel like their is hope. But keep in mind you don't see him directly all the time.
Because of how many failed iuis I had prior to him he went directly to injections. I didn't have insurance coverage during the first 2 iuis but he helped make sure we were taken care of financially. The goal was to have the follicles so I did injections and clomid along with metformin. The successful round I did metformin for several weeks prior to starting treatment. Then he induced my period and on day 3 of my cycle I started clomid and injections. We adjusted the amount on injections every other day to assist in 3 very nice sized follicles. I had a trigger shot and then a scheduled iui.
Without insurance it was around $3000(with injections included) and $500(with insurance)
Mineola
They [Repro Specialists of NY Mineloa] charged a flat fee of $1,000 that covered a month’s cycle of blood draws, sonograms, and one IUI insemination....Occasionally, their wait time would be very long without explanation, even if you had an appointment at a specific time.... the nurses have quite a busy job with many people coming in and out of appointments. But they did the best they could to speak to you about your day’ treatment plan or why you were at the appointment.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Occasionally, their wait time would be very long without explanation, even if you had an appointment at a specific time. Other times I would be seen right away and be in and out for my sonogram and blood draw within 15 minutes. I never really knew what to expect when I got there. I would have appreciated phone calls or updates if you were already in the waiting room, if they were running more than a half hour behind schedule.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Maria Saketos looked at all of my information, and looked me in the eye when talking to me. When she would explain the process she was so much more than optimistic, she just felt so certain and it gave me relief that everything will turn out the way we wanted. Even when the first round of IUI resulted in a miscarriage, she made the second round feel like it was a sure bet instead of a crapshoot. Even if it didn’t turn out okay, which it did (I have a 14 month old baby boy now) I felt confident that it would eventually, thanks to her.
As I said before, the nurses have quite a busy job with many people coming in and out of appointments. But they did the best they could to speak to you about your day’ treatment plan or why you were at the appointment. They always tried to accommodate me when I needed to go in early or be seen first to get to work on time
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
How was your experience with Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Maria Saketos spoke to me and my husband directly but kindly. She Explained everything in detail and never made us feel rushed. I love her matter-of-fact way of speaking to us. At some level, you want a no nonsense approach but she also provided the level of compassion that we wanted.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
The multitudes of appointments can sometimes feel like a factory, but I learned to appreciate that. If every appointment was an emotional roller coaster, it would be too much to handle. Sometimes you just need to go in, have a sonogram, and get a blood draw, and you don’t need to be in tears the whole time. I liked that. I also liked that if I did need to speak to someone about my concerns, they would sit with me.
Describe the protocols Maria Saketos used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I took Femara, used the gonal F pen injections, and the trigger shot. She explained that it would help me produce healthier eggs and ensure a greater likelihood of conceiving than without using medication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They charged a flat fee of $1,000 that covered a month’s cycle of blood draws, sonograms, and one IUI insemination. The medications I had to pay for out-of-pocket. My insurance did not cover anything and I thought this was a fair charge.
Maria Saketos
Mineola
Although he [Dr. James Stelling] speaks very fast, once you get used to his speed he is quite humorous which put me at ease. Also, on the day we discovered I had had my first miscarriage, he was very comforting. In fact the whole office put my needs first that day. Months later when I was there [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] for another appointment I realized I was waiting much longer than usual. I could sense that another woman was experiencing what I had and now it was her turn to take priority in the office.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
From reception, to blood draws, to scans, to shots, to information shared and explained these woman are amazing.
Although he speaks very fast, once you get used to his speed he is quite humorous which put me at ease. Also, on the day we discovered I had had my first miscarriage, he was very comforting. In fact the whole office put my needs first that day. Months later when I was there for another appointment I realized I was waiting much longer than usual. I could sense that another woman was experiencing what I had and now it was her turn to take priority in the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Every staff member in the office was amazing! Loving, caring, sympathetic. In my opinion the staff is more important than the doctor. You will be spending much more time with them and these ladies made me feel at home.
Dr. Stelling is hard to read at first but that is mostly because he speaks VERY fast. Once you catch on to his speed he is very thorough, and quite humorous. If I wanted to have another child I would definitely use him again.
Don't be afraid to ask him to repeat himself.
With my initial blood work Dr. Stelling started me on thyroid meds for hypothyroidism and Vitamin D for a deficiency. My first four tries were IUIs, each with an HCG trigger shot. After the 4th failed attempt we added Clomid pills which increased the number of follicles and led to pregnancies each time. Try 4 and 5 resulted in miscarriages. After the second miscarriage Dr. Stelling ordered a slue of blood work which revealed I had a slightly elevated clotting factor that may have been causing the miscarriages. So with the 7th try (third pregnancy) I began taking a low dose aspirin daily. That is why my daughter's nick name is Lucky Seven. :-)
My insurance paid for all the medical expenses. I paid about $1000 a try for the donor sperm.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
The availability of early appointments [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] is great but it was annoying to trek to mineola for any necessary weekend appointments or transfers and retrievals. Lucily that didn't happen too often. They put in effort to communicate with your insurance agency and make everything as simple as possible...Dr. Bray is knowledgeable, up to date on research, and uses evidenced based medicine. She is obviously passionately engaged in her field. She adjusted my cycles quickly when unexpected things happened and was adaptable. I felt that she was the first doctor to accurately represent what my chances were for each cycle, all the while still being hopeful.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The availability of early appointments is great but it was annoying to trek to mineola for any necessary weekend appointments or transfers and retrievals. Lucily that didn't happen too often. They put in effort to communicate with your insurance agency and make everything as simple as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Bray at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
While Dr. Bray does not have a particularly touchy Feely manner she obviously cares about her patients, their success and we'll being. She made decision factors very clear but always respected your decision. I greatly appreciated the candor because I knew I could trust her and she wasn't just trying to make money off me or make me "feel better". She answers questions thoroughly as well and will take the time to explain and re-explain without trying to kick you out of the office.
Everyone was friendly, warm, helpful, and caring. They always responded to requests quickly and the office is organized and efficient.
How was your experience with Mary Bray at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Bray at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Ask questions and express any concerns. She takes concerns very seriously and wants to know if you're having a hard time emotionally. She will also make a significant effort to make sure you fully understand and are comfortable. She is cut and dry, which I can see would turn off some people, but it was her frankness that helped me make good informed decisions about my treatment.
Describe the protocols Mary Bray used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
We had to do a certain number of IUI cycles before insurance would cover IVF. I took a low dose of Femara to stimulate egg production each cycle which worked but I did not become pregnant. She informed us earlier that due to my diagnosis, IVF would most likely be the successful treatment. I did one egg retreval with injectables menapur, gonal f, and ganarelix. I was also put on estrogen and projesterone. The third egg transfer was successful with a natural cycle as I ovulated on my own and responded unpredictably to the estrogen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Bray at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Most was covered by insurance but I did have to pay for some drugs, some for ivf transfers, retrievals, and the cost of embryo storange.
Mary Bray
Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Repro Specialists of NY Mineloa] Strengths: organized, really liked all the nurses and staff, felt comfortable there. Weakness: long wait times often...It was a very organized routine, but sometimes there was a long wait...They were fantastic. Very organized and compassionate...
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Dr. Trivax really got to know me and spent a lot of time with me every time I saw him. He gave me both his email and cell phone to contact him whenever I had questions. He got back to me right away. He felt like a friend after everything we went through and I trust him completely.
They were fantastic. Very organized and compassionate.
Even though we went through several cycles of IUI and IVF, I felt supported the entire time by Dr. Trivax. He is very compassionate and understanding. I was able to contact him easily by email or phone. He spent a lot of time with me and would check in with me frequently. I can't say enough good things about him.
I would tell a prospective patient to feel very confident in his knowledge of infertility and that they are in good hands.
It's really hard to remember. We started with IUI. After three failed cycles, using Clomid and Femara, we decided to move on to IVF. The first IVF cycle produced only one embryo because my husband and I decided not to do ICSI, even though Dr. Trivax recommended it. We transferred that one embryo and it didn't take. The next cycle we did ICSI and had about 8 embryos. We transferred one and got pregnant. I went back to Dr. Trivax when my daughter was 11 months old to try for a second child. We had frozen embryos from the previous cycle. We did 3 frozen transfers with one embryo and none of them worked. We then decided to do a fresh cycle with genetic testing and did a fresh cycle. That didn't work. We did another frozen transfer from the new embryos and that didn't work. Then we did a test called the ERA to determine if the transfer time was in fact the best time for my body. It came back positive so we ruled that out. The next cycle we decided to transfer to embryos and I got pregnant with my son. There was a lot of trial and error and I believe Dr. Trivax tried everything he could. It's hard to remember everything.
It was a very organized routine, but sometimes there was a long wait.
Our insurance covered a lot of it, my husband's work paid for some of it.... but after everything was said and done, we probably spent around $40k.
Mineola
This is a clinic [Reproductive Specialists of New York] of multiple doctors. You won't see your primary- in this case Trivax, every time. That said, he was always available to return a phone call, and when we did see him, despite a full waiting room, we never felt rushed, and he patiently answered all questions. We truly felt that he was invested in our success
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Very busy, a lot of patients. There were days when I was there 90 min from door to door, including daily blood tests, sonogram, mtg with dr. The finance office does not respond to messages in a timely fashion, you have to hound tjem
We had a very negative experience with a prior dr/different clinic, and he diagnosed me with blocked tubes which were "not correctable". I was so turned off by him that I never returned to him after his tests. Dr Trivax was so warm, patient and encouraging from the first appointment, and gave us hope
This is a busy staff, on a weekday morning, there can be 20-30 patients. The staff are very occupied and can be brusk but will slow down and take time, and be more "delicate" if you have questions or are emotional
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
This is a clinic of multiple doctors. You won't see your primary- in this case Trivax, every time. That said, he was always available to return a phone call, and when we did see him, despite a full waiting room, we never felt rushed, and he patiently answered all questions. We truly felt that he was invested in our success
Keep a list of questions, don't be afraid to ask anything, as with any fertility doctor, you must take ownership of your health and your treatment!
We did 8 rounds of injectable and oral hormone assisted IUI. This was because my insurance covered IUI but not IVF. He tweaked the doses and medications every month, to increase egg count. I had one miscarriage on the fourth month. The last month I did IUI, he had "jacked me up" on the medications with anticipation to do IVF. He wasn't happy with egg count and said he didn't want to waste our time and money on doing IVF when it more than likely would not be successful. I was disappointed but appreciated his honesty. We planned to REALLY up dosages for next month and do IVF then. Well low and behold, I got pregnant, and it held, and my daughter is now a happy and healthy 18 month old!
My insurance covered all but $25 copay/visit, which added up because every day I went for daily tests counts as a visit. Medications- they know how to write prescriptions to help you- get insurance to cover. Was still pricey, I believe a couple hundred dollars a month but no where near the dollars I've heard other people pay
4 IUI, IVF
The three facilities [of Reproductive Specialists of NY] are very convenient. They are clean and well mantained. They have convenient appointment times and the staff is cordial. Depending what facility is closer to you, you might see different doctors every visit. I think this is a weakness. I would like to be constant and for my doctor to always be the one seeing my results.... I was in Femara 5mg daily for 5 days starting on day 3 of my mentrual period.
4 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The three facilities are very convenient. They are clean and well mantained. They have convenient appointment times and the staff is cordial. Depending what facility is closer to you, you might see different doctors every visit. I think this is a weakness. I would like to be constant and for my doctor to always be the one seeing my results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abe Halfen at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
He was very straight foward which was good. He was polite and respecful, however, I felt very discorauge to ask questions. He felt very strongly about his approach and left no room for suggestions.
They were compassionated and kind.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
How was your experience with Abe Halfen at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I would describe Doctor Halfen as old fashion. He is very polite and tries to be warm, but he is so straight foward some times that the warm part gets lost. He helds his opinion and approach as the right one leaving no room for suggestions. After my third failed IUI, I was looking to try something different. I was in Femara in the second and third IUI and I wanted to try Clomid for my fourth and last IUI among other suggestions I brought up, but he did not agree and it was not done. My fourth IUI was also a failed attempt.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abe Halfen at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Listen to Doctor Halfen's suggestions for treatment, but remember that you ultimately is who decides how to proceed. Do some research and be strong when suggesting changes.
Describe the protocols Abe Halfen used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I was in Femara 5mg daily for 5 days starting on day 3 of my mentrual period.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abe Halfen at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
IUI cycles: covered by insurance $900 copay $60 each (4 cycles total) Medication: covered by insurance copay (around) $100
Abe Halfen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Very knowledgeable and friendly nursing staff [at Reproductive Specialists of New York]...At my age they suggested 2-3 embryos be transferred as the case for multiples is very slim...Nurses and lab at RSONY are top notch. All of the dctors need a bit of a fine tuning when it comes to “out of the box” thinking it seems... It was another Dr at the practice who suggested the higher stims and said she was consulting with him, but when I asked why he had decided to do that he said “we should’ve kept you at lower doses-that was a mistake”. That’s when I switched REs.
European, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Dr Trivax is no longer at this practice. He is with Stonybrook Medical Center. Nurses and lab at RSONY are top notch. All of the dctors need a bit of a fine tuning when it comes to “out of the box” thinking it seems. I had conversations with some people who had gone here and we all agreed they do not customize their approaches.
Dr. Trivax was very down to earth. I felt that he saw me as a person and not a number.
Very knowledgeable and friendly nursing staff.
I liked Dr. Trivax but did feel he had a “one size fits most” approach. He did not adjust my protocol aggressively enough and I sought treatment elsewhere. I felt like I wasted cycles doing more or less the same protocol.
Do your homework. Ask about trials, protocols you’ve read about working for your diagnosis. When I would bring things up he would say “we could try that” but it was never his idea.
Natural IUI cycle to start. Failed Next-Clomid only IUI cycle. Failed. IVF cycle with high doses of stims-resulted in 1 egg and cycle cancellation. 2nd IVF cycle with less stims resulted in 2 embryos transferred. Did not implant. Failed. 3rd IVF cycle I was put back on the high doses of stims and made 1 egg so it was cancelled. It was another Dr at the practice who suggested the higher stims and said she was consulting with him, but when I asked why he had decided to do that he said “we should’ve kept you at lower doses-that was a mistake”. That’s when I switched REs.
Covered by insurance but about $9,500/IVF cycle
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Exam rooms [Reproductive Specialists of NY] were clean. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Then become very familiar as time passes. There are 2 waiting rooms. One large when you check in and one smaller where you wait to be seen. Blood is drawn by skilled technicians.never had any issues. Sometimes wait was long... After seeing the nurses weekly they became so familiar. They were all very nice and treated patients with respect.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Exam rooms were clean. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Then become very familiar as time passes. There are 2 waiting rooms. One large when you check in and one smaller where you wait to be seen. Blood is drawn by skilled technicians.never had any issues. Sometimes wait was long
Dr sung was compassionate. She took time explaining all options before procedures. She did not force an opinion on what needs to be done she allowed me to think and ask questions before coming to the decision to do a procedure.
Lover Dr sung. I felt like she understood what I was going through. She asked questions to know my situation... I asked questions which she always answered. Great bedside manner. Very gentle while speaking and performing procedures. Gave step by step of what was happening and when.
Sometimes the wait was long but it was worth it to have a dr who knew what she was doing
Dr sung sent me for a hsg test to make sure there were no blockages in my tubes. I had blood drawn each week along with Sonos to measure my lining and see where I was at in cycle. The first course of action was a medicated cycle with clomid. After that we did 2 cycles of medication clomid trigger shot and iui together.
I had my copay... I paid out of pocket for some blood... other than that it was covered by insurance
Mineola
The staff [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] were also generally nice and welcoming; however, at times they were a bit brusque and not very empathetic on some of the days when I was more emotional about the whole process...The strengths are that they are very helpful with insurance issues, generally very nice and efficient, it is fairly easy to make appointments and the office is very nice and filled with sunlight. The main weakness is that the Brooklyn office does not perform IVF's. You need to go to Long Island for that procedure...
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I really liked Dr. Trivax personally. He had a good attitude and was very positive and encouraging and also listened to my concerns. The staff were also generally nice and welcoming; however, at times they were a bit brusque and not very empathetic on some of the days when I was more emotional about the whole process.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Trivax did meet with me at most appointments and was easy to talk to. He clearly described his proposed approach. I think he could have provided me more information regarding chance of success, potential issues and side effects of hormones.
Ask lots of questions and try to make your appointments before 9 am. I found they were starting to run late around that time.
I did IUI twice with femera. I also did one cycle with femera and no IUI. All attempts were unfortunately unsuccessful and I decided to take a break from fertility treatments for a while.
I had a $30 co-pay for each visit, which was determined by my insurer. My insurance pays all reproductive costs up to $10,000. I believe that my 9 months of treatment with two IUIs used up approximately $3,000 of that cap.
2011 - 2012
10 Eggs Frozen
It was very easy to get appointments, but the wait [at Repro Specialists of NY] was often long when you were there. There was a bit of lack of communication with the billing department when I first began egg retrieval. Now that I am starting the process of transferring my eggs to the DC area, I am disappointed to find that some of their egg freezing techniques were not the utmost cutting edge and the chance of my eggs being viable is extremely low.
2011 - 2012
10 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It was very easy to get appointments, but the wait was often long when you were there. There was a bit of lack of communication with the billing department when I first began egg retrieval. Now that I am starting the process of transferring my eggs to the DC area, I am disappointed to find that some of their egg freezing techniques were not the utmost cutting edge and the chance of my eggs being viable is extremely low.
I felt like Dr. Sekatos was kid and "on my side."
The nurses were kind and helpful. There were quite a few patients seen at this clinic, and there was often a long wait.
Dr. Sekatos was very knowledgeable about all treatments and was very compassionate. However, she was not super enthusiastic about egg freezing for me at age 41. I do not feel that I was fully aware that my chance of being able to use my frozen eggs are very, very low (2 per cent).
Speak with different doctors at this clinic to find the best fit - which doctors specialize in which procedures.
I used injections to stimulate follicles for egg retrieval. I was able to retrieve a fair amount for my age.
At this time, I was working for NYC Department of Education, and all of my treatments were covered (except egg freezing). I don't remember the exact cost.
Describe Maria Saketos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Maria Saketos
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
They [nurses at Reproductive Specialists of New York] are great. I always get a phone call back, they answer all my questions if possible, they remember me. That’s the most important...I have to do a lot of my own follow-up work h prescriptions and information...[Monitoring appointments are] Pretty efficient, but I hate the yelling across the room if the names...The billing department needs to be more organized and call people back. Soly is terrific, she’s on top of it, but there is a lot of confusion sometimes.
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The billing department needs to be more organized and call people back. Soly is terrific, she’s on top of it, but there is a lot of confusion sometimes. Also, when I ask for something to be submitted to insurance, please do it. Don’t argue, I know what you are saying and I’m asking you to do this.
Just the number of women there each morning and the yelling of the names for blood and sono.
They are great. I always get a phone call back, they answer all my questions if possible, they remember me. That’s the most important.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Out of all the doctors we Interviewed, we liked her the best. She seemed the most knowledgeable and we felt most comfortable with her. Plus, we are self pay. Her program appeared to be the most inclusive most once we compared apples to apples.
Write. Down. Everything. And ask questions. Write them down as they occur to you because there is sooooo much information coming st you. I refer to it as “going down the rabbit hole”
Pretty efficient, but I hate the yelling across the room if the names.
15,000 per cycle plus meds
Mineola
The clinic [Reproductive Sepcialists of NY] where Doctor Trivax is based in Mineola was too far from my home, for my daily check-in so I had to go to West Islip instead. There. I saw different doctors which I really didn't like. The daily check-in wait period was not too bad, but the day of the IUIs was very long. Again, the actual IUI were perfomed by different doctors, which I didn't like.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic where Doctor Trivax is based in Mineola was too far from my home, for my daily check-in so I had to go to West Islip instead. There. I saw different doctors which I really didn't like. The daily check-in wait period was not too bad, but the day of the IUIs was very long. Again, the actual IUI were perfomed by different doctors, which I didn't like.
He displayed genuine concern about my case, without being negative. He was positive and always encouraging. He is warm and very knowledgeable. We always left his office hopeful.
They were respectful and cordial. They were willing to find out the answers to my questions and concerns. They displayed concern and compassion.
Doctor Trivax is knowledgeable, a good communicator and a warm person. He addressed my concerns and was open to suggestions. I never felt rush during the appointments and left always feeling very positive about the process.
Doctor Trivax is very informative, be ready to take notes or bring your partner so you don't miss any detail.
Hysteroscopy: Covered by insurance copay of around $400 Visits: Covered by insurance copay of around $120
2013 - 2015
Our first embryos were lost due to bacterial contamination that they couldn't explain. But they did not charge us for our second cycle and took extra precautions which resulted in a successful cycle... My care team was so caring, personable and overall amazing.
2013 - 2015
My care team was so caring, personable and overall amazing. When our pregnancy test came back positive I got hugs from all the nurses. They were genuinely happy and excited for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Susan Marfaglio)
How genuinely happy they were for us when we finally got pregnant. And how they remembered us after 2 years.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
My husband and I both left Dr. Stelling's office smiling after our first consultation with him. He was personable and understanding of the fact that we're "not millionaires" ready to jump to the most expensive forms of treatment. However, he was just as understanding when we were emotionally spent and worked with us. He was the fourth and final doctor we saw and cannot say enough about him. We have since moved out of state but will be traveling back to Dr. Stelling for our next cycle as opposed to finding a new doctor.
He tells it like it is. He'll use the word "boobs" and tell you and your spouse that he understands you're probably sick of having sex. It may not sound professional to some but it lightens the mood and really creates a more personable and comfortable atmosphere.
Monitoring appointments were run like a well oiled machine. The waiting room was never overflowing and I was always in and out.
2009 - 2014
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
I thought they [staff at Reproductive Specialists of New York] were great. I wish they did all procedures in Brooklyn but going to Long Island wasn't too bad because I didn't have to do it very often...I LOVED Bradley Trivax. He is amazing. He allowed me to partner in the process. He gave me his email address so I could ask questions whenever they come up. I don't know of ANY other RE that does that. He is amazing!!!
2009 - 2014
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I thought they were great. I wish they did all procedures in Brooklyn but going to Long Island wasn't too bad because I didn't have to do it very often.
She was very kind but rather... brusque? to the point.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
He was fabulous! Explained everything. Very gentle and patient. Wonderful sense of humor. Seemed incredibly caring and honest. I felt like he cared about me as a person and was willing to share his thought process about my treatment protocol. Very available to answer questions. I always saw him when he was in the office. I never "just" saw the nurse or lab technician, which I have heard happens at other practices.
Ask for his email address!
Four Clomid ICIs (I have PCOS so didn't do any unmedicated cycles) with trigger 1 injectible ICI with trigger 2 IVF cycles (several years apart) with Menopur, Ganrelix, I forget the other one, plus trigger 1 medicated FET 2 unmedicated FET with trigger 1 fresh transfer
He was flexible and supportive of transferring either one or two. I transferred two with my first FET, which was before strong recommendations existed for eSET (2010) I did eSET for my other FETs, which were several years after the first FET (2014).
2012 - 2013
Depending on who was working that day was the doctor you saw, it didn't matter who started to give you a treatment plan. There were times I questioned whether they spoke to each other about what they were suggesting...Love the nursing staff [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] so much! I cried when I decided to leave them...He [Dr James Stelling] is an intelligent man but looking back he didn't have a great bedside manner and sometimes you hardly saw him and another doctor within the practice was dealing with your case.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
You see whatever Doctor is in that day which may be a different doctor than you saw the day before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Linda )
Love the nursing staff so much! I cried when I decided to leave them.
He is an intelligent man but looking back he didn't have a great bedside manner and sometimes you hardly saw him and another doctor within the practice was dealing with your case.
I know people who have gotten pregnant with him so it Cms be successful but I wouldn't waste my time.
His strategy was to get me pregnant. I ended up with OHSS and had to delay my transfer. Then I had two frozen medicated transfers and they both failed. I also had a uterine biopsy which was the worst experience of my life. I just felt that although he seemed to have an idea of what To do with me, nothing he actually did was successful.
You made an apptionment and showed up in the morning.
It was covered under insurance so I didn't pay out of pocket besides copay's.
West Islip
The clinic [Repro Specialists of NY Brooklyn] has convenient hours, friendly caring staff. You can feel that they really care in that office. Im so happy I go here. Anyone who goes here will be happy and safe. There arent any weaknesses to this office. Its a caring convenient office....[Nursing Staff] They are wonderful. They all know me by name. I feel safe in that office... it was overwhelming for me the first time around. I just followed instructions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic has convenient hours, friendly caring staff. You can feel that they really care in that office. Im so happy I go here. Anyone who goes here will be happy and safe. There arent any weaknesses to this office. Its a caring convenient office.
She knew my name, I felt like I knew her personally and could ask anything.
They are wonderful. They all know me by name. I feel safe in that office.
How was your experience with Mary Bray at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
She is wonderful. From the moment I met her I felt/feel I was in the right hands. Im sure she will help us reach our goals. She is reassuring, honest, direct and knowledgeable. Im happy she is my doctor.
Dont be turned off by her directness. She really truly wants what you want and has dedicated her whole life to women being able to have a family.
I dont remember, it was overwhelming for me the first time around. I just followed instructions.
Insurance covered my visits
Describe Mary Bray's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
My doc agreed that because of my age she would transfer 2. We both agreed thats the ideal number.
Mary Bray
Brooklyn
They [Repro Specialists of New York] know the insurances very well but always double check your coverage as well and always been your own advocate. They are a great staff and hey are always willing to help. Make sure you go with questions prepared for your first visit.... The nurses in the Mineola location are amazing.. they have really helped me through this process.. they are always rooting for me... The office staff always has a smile on their face & makes your expirence very personable
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They know the insurances very well but always double check your coverage as well and always been your own advocate. They are a great staff and hey are always willing to help. Make sure you go with questions prepared for your first visit.
Dr. Sung is a great & is passionate about helping her patients.. she is very good at what she does.. I just wish my treatments landed on the days she was in the office. I feel like her guidance has always been correct.
Trust her, she will guide you in the right direction
Once we got all the initial bloodwork done and the baseline sono she didn’t push me to do anything I didn’t want to do
So far I just have had my copay with no deductible or co-insurance
2011 - 2018
I greatly appreciated the hours. It made it easier to go early in the morning before work without having to take time off of work. Sometimes even if they [Repro Specialists of NY Mineloa] didn't even have the earliest appointments available they would fit me in if I was there...The nursing stafff are awesome. They are very compassionate. I especially am pleased when my blood is being taken it is always such an easy process I never feel anything
2011 - 2018
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I greatly appreciated the hours. It made it easier to go early in the morning before work without having to take time off of work. Sometimes even if they didn't even have the earliest appointments available they would fit me in if I was there.
Dr. Sung is very thorough. She is open to listening if you have questions so that she can ultimately achieve what everyone who goes to her for a baby. I feel that she is very knowledgeable And I hope that although I love the people at the office I am blessed with my little one soon
Listen carefully, take notes if it makes you comfortable.
My insurance paid 80 percent of my procedure and my insurance covered most meds.
Mineola
The only downfall [Reproductive Specialists of New York- Mineola] is the amount of patients so that you might not see the doctors every time, but sometimes that is because they work in different offices on different days. Otherwise it is run smooth.... [nurses] Very personable and helpful during a hard time.... We are self pay so it’s very expensive. Our insurance only covers testing for diagnosis and nothing else.... We did 4 iuis with femara and Hcg injection
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The only downfall is the amount of patients so that you might not see the doctors every time, but sometimes that is because they work in different offices on different days. Otherwise it is run smooth.
Very personable and helpful during a hard time.
He is very passionate about his job and helping couples get pregnant. He is willing to go at a pace you are comfortable with and does not push you and that’s makes the patient more comfortable. He is ver personable too.
You might not always see him because he is between clinics but he always knows what’s going on and communicates with the staff to let you know what is going on
We did 4 iuis with femara and Hcg injection when blood work and sono looked good and opk were positive.
We are self pay so it’s very expensive. Our insurance only covers testing for diagnosis and nothing else. We wish fertility was covered.
2011 - 2014
It's a very busy practice but well managed...[Nursing staff at Reproductive Specialists of New York were] all very very nice and friendly. Most knew me by name by the end of my treatments. A lot of them shared their own personal stories...She [Dr. Linda Sung] was very understanding and sympathetic, she took the time to answer all of my questions and I did not feel rushed even though it was a very busy office. She was my main doctor but I also saw many other doctors in the practice and all were very good...It's a very busy practice but well managed...[Nursing staff at Reproductive Specialists of New York were] all very very nice and friendly. Most knew me by name by the end of my treatments. A lot of them shared their own personal stories
2011 - 2014
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It's a very busy practice but well managed
She always took the time to answer all of my questions
All very very nice and friendly. Most knew me by name by the end of my treatments. A lot of them shared their own personal stories
She was very understanding and sympathetic, she took the time to answer all of my questions and I did not feel rushed even though it was a very busy office. She was my main doctor but I also saw many other doctors in the practice and all were very good
Make sure you have realistic expectations explained. It's a roller coaster!
My insurance not participate in IVF so the meds were expensive
2012
IUI, IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
I went to Cornell & Columbia before Dr. Trivax and immediately knew I wanted to use him and his practice.
2012
IUI, IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
He was sincere & so easy to talk to
She remembered everything and was very compassionate
Dr. Trivax is by far the most incredible doctors I've ever seen. I was fortunate my Ivf was successful but if it hadn't been I would have stayed with Dr. Trivax because he was comforting, never made me feel silly for all My anxiety and alwAys called me back when I called way to often. I went to Cornell & Columbia before Dr. Trivax and immediately knew I wanted to use him and his practice for the most pivotal moments of my life. I cannot express my gratitude to dr Trivax and his practice!!
You're in good hands. Be patient and stress free
2006 - 2010
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I showed up for the insemination [at Reproductive Specialists of New York] & learned that there was no sample. I left. Dr. Sung called me within 3 hours & offered to replace the sample & cover all my copays for future procedures (not a small amount of money, given that I had an additional iui plus a subsequent ivf cycle). They also revamped their storage procedures & systems. I have no complaints about them at all. I have a wonderful daughter & I owe that to them.
2006 - 2010
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Sung listened to me. She was great.
It was difficult to see what my left ovary was producing & the staff remembered it each time. I also have difficult veins & they listened to me, taking blood only from one arm all the time - the same spot too.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
She is great. Treats you like a real person.
I didn't like clomid. After 2 cycles, I said I'd had enough & she respected that. We went back ivf, doing a second cycle & it worked.
My health insurance covered everything except the copays & the donor sperm samples. I don't know what the costs of rsny were.