Repromed Fertility Center

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3800 San Jacinto
Rockwall, TX 75032
Tyler
7925 S. Broadway Ave
Tyler, TX 75703
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Repromed Fertility Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 8Neutral: 2Don't recommend: 46.7
6.2
2 doctors
2011 - 2018
[at Repromed Fertility] The lab grading on embryos is great, good, fair. (Not AA etc.) Sometimes it’s hard having to talk to so many different departments. (Billing, different nurses, receptionist) I was sometimes more on top of my cycle then the office. (Ex. I knew I needed meds or lab work and would have to call the nurses and explain why I knew and then scramble to make it happen in time) Positive: I really felt pretty free to suggest things for my cycle and that is a huge plus! I would feel like my hands were tied otherwise. Price is average for the area. Second cycles are discounted I believe.
2011 - 2018
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
I didn’t have a problem with my “number” treatment, it’s not really an issue to me. He sees MANY patients and I mostly saw nurses at the Dallas office. (They were the ones measuring follicles, changing meds after consulting him etc.)
I loved many of the nurses there. Marci was the main IVF nurse at the time. They were all friendly.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
I have a daughter! Saying that makes anything that could be a negative seem small. Dr. Pinto is a business man. I had no problem with him. I felt heard most of the time, and felt pretty free to suggest things for my cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
Keep in mind the number of offices and therefore patients he has. He might not see you every time, or have the bedside manner you are hoping for. (He does make small talk) My take away: there is a huge wall full of baby photos that he helped make happen. His prices are average for the area.
Describe the protocols Anil Pinto used in your cycles at Repromed Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I of course took the pills and did 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF. My first IVF was kinda standard high dose stim fresh day 3 transfer. It didn’t go well at all. (Low number of eggs and low quality embryos) My second time, we talked about antagonist protocol. (Quality over quantity) I took supplements and did a natural start antagonist cycle. I got quality over quantity (which is what we were going for) we froze the embryos and did a FET. (Day 3) I had my daughter from that cycle. I felt like Dr. Pinto was open to my using supplements and he had me stim an extra day. My second cycle was discounted which was awesome. I was very pleased with my results. I was impressed that he recognized in that first IVF that I would do better with a different protocol. I’ve heard many people say they tried the same protocol multiple times before switching and I wouldn’t have had $$$ for multiple tries.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center.
IVF back in 2013/2014 was about 12K with meds.
Describe Anil Pinto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Repromed Fertility Center.
Dr. Pinto let me put 2 embryos in since I had a failed IVF. He was ok putting 3 in If I was open to reduction in the event of triplets. (Which I wasn’t)
Rockwall
2013 - 2018
10 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Other
The clinic [Repromed Fertility Center] is busy but the staff is kind and gets to know you.... They have all been very warm and communicative, calling back same day and often quite quickly.... Strengths include deeply committed physicians who are up to date on the latest fertility treatments and approaches, very caring, diligent staff, easy access to clinic, easy to schedule f/u appointments and go in early for quick checks or blood work. weaknesses - none yet!
2013 - 2018
10 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
Dr. Pinto truly cares, and explains everything in detail, without sugar-coating, but also with heart. The clinic is busy but the staff is kind and gets to know you. Dr. Pinto will spend time making sure everything is correct. When we discovered an unexpected issue right before a planned IVF cycle, he immediately fit me in for surgery three days later. I trust him completely.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
Dr. Pinto is completely committed to your care. He has a big personality and is quirky, but I find this endearing and genuine. He is extremely ethical in his work, and keeps costs as low as possible. He will call at 8pm if needed to give feedback about labs or next steps, and told me to call him with any questions. I truly appreciate that he will tell me the truth and talk through the issues to create the best, most informed, treatment plan. He is up to date on all research and incorporates this with clear explanation.
Ask every question you need to know. He may "seem" rushed, but is just high energy and efficient, and will absolutely sit with you and answer every question.
My egg retrieval/freezing was four years ago, so unfortunately I don't remember the details for medications. I had one stimulation trial that had to be cancelled due to few eggs, but the second trial was very successful. I am about to start my first FET cycle.
My insurance covers labs, sonos, etc. For egg freezing (one cancelled cycle, one successful cycle), approximately $8K. For upcoming IVF (including my choice to do more expensive PGS), approximately $12-13K
Dr. Pinto very clearly explained the latest research and suggested guidelines, and follows these, with minimizing multiple embryo transfer unless of advanced age or lower embryo quality/no PGS testing, etc.
Dallas
There are several locations [Repromed Fertility Center] which made it very easy to find availability near either my home or work. Having to go downtown for IUIs was a bit of a bother but very minor. They were always clean, quiet, and the equipment functioned reliably at all times....Melissa Davenport is fantastic....Very kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. So was everyone else I had the pleasure to speak with at their locations.
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
There are several locations which made it very easy to find availability near either my home or work. Having to go downtown for IUIs was a bit of a bother but very minor. They were always clean, quiet, and the equipment functioned reliably at all times.
He was very attentive and answered all questions like they mattered to everyone in the room.
Melissa Davenport is fantastic. She was part of nearly every visit I had. She was also the one who had the job of informing me that I had miscarried. Very kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. So was everyone else I had the pleasure to speak with at their locations.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Pinto. It was sad that my final attempt ended in miscarriage but I never doubted he knew what he was doing or that we weren't pursuing the right treatment. He listened to me, gave me options, and let me make the choices I felt were right. I desperately want to go back and try again and will most definitely be going back to him.
Keep notes. There is a lot of information and tests coming at you and if you want to make informed decisions within the timeline you have, make sure you're keeping track of what's going on.
There were lots of tests to ensure I had no infertility obstacles. Tubes weren't blocked, egg count was great, my uterus would hold water just fine, but I had a few polyps. We scheduled surgery to remove them since Dr. Pinto saw them as potential miscarriage risks and would not perform any treatments until they were removed. He did the surgery and after waiting a cycle we started Clomid and proceeded with the IUIs. The first time I took Clomid, he also had me take estrogen to make sure my uterine lining would be fine. Based on how I performed, it was decided the estrogen wasn't needed and I did not take it on the next two IUIs. I did take the progesterone all three times. I became pregnant on my third and last IUI after we have gotten a good feel for my body's timing. I miscarried at 6 weeks.
My IUIs were $550 and the sonogram before the IUIs was $200. The shot to release the eggs was $104. All other visits were covered by insurance and at the time, my copay was $15. My prenatal vitamins are about $60 and are mailed to me each month.
Grapevine
They [nurses at Repromed Fertility Center] are very busy but were very kind. One point I was very upset about something and the RN was super nice and compassionate. She could tell I was nervous to ask Dr. about specifics of something and she offered to to ask him for me. She did and the Dr. even called me later to apologize that he had upset me and to clarify a few things. It was total miscommunication and I appreciated both the RN and the Dr.'s response.
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
It is a very busy place which can be overwhelming. There are several offices. The phone system can be annoying sometimes but they just switched to a new on and are working out the kinks. I have always gotten a response same day which is very much appreciated.
I appreciate his candor. He is not warm and fuzzy but I do believe he cares about his patients and want success. When I was upset or had questions, he called me after hours to help me.
They are very busy but were very kind. One point I was very upset about something and the RN was super nice and compassionate. She could tell I was nervous to ask Dr. about specifics of something and she offered to to ask him for me. She did and the Dr. even called me later to apologize that he had upset me and to clarify a few things. It was total miscommunication and I appreciated both the RN and the Dr.'s response.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
Dr. Pinto is very smart and I believe to be a very good human being. He is not warm and fuzzy but he is to the point. It was more important to me to have someone who is good at their job than someone who is going to worry about my emotional needs. I would prefer both but that is pretty hard to come by. Dr. Pinto was responsive to my questions and problems and though he can come across a little insensitive he is actually very kind.
Come prepared with your questions. He doesn't sugar coat anything so be prepared to have some painful facts/odds hit you in the face.
Mini-IVF with 2 egg retrievals, PGS testing and then subsequent transfer if successful retrievals and testing. The idea was quality/quantity. I have low egg reserve, 1 tube and I am nearly 39. 2 pregnancies: One child 3 y/o and another ectopic. Neither was conceived through ivf.
SHG: $350 (This fee is due at the Time of Service) TET: $350 (This fee is due at the Time of Service) MinStim: $5000 (This fee includes 2 Retrievals and 1 Transfer) RX were about $1500 with discount
We are not there yet. I have only been through 1 retrieval so we are on the second round of ivf drugs for the second retrieval. My understanding is that he is conservative and will only do one egg but I am NOT for sure on this.
Tyler
Dr. Pinto treated me like a human. He thoughtfully reviewed my case history with me, and outlined treatment options...Not surprisingly, I had a bit of an issue with my insurance during treatment. At times, it was hard to get ahold of a human from Dr. Pinto's insurance department [at Repromed Fertility Center]. Lots of voicemails were left. However, in the end, Dr. Pinto's coordinators smoothed everything out with my insurance. For that, I am grateful.
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
Not surprisingly, I had a bit of an issue with my insurance during treatment. At times, it was hard to get ahold of a human from Dr. Pinto's insurance department. Lots of voicemails were left. However, in the end, Dr. Pinto's coordinators smoothed everything out with my insurance. For that, I am grateful.
Dr. Pinto treated me like a human. He thoughtfully reviewed my case history with me, and outlined treatment options. Each treatment option was supported by recent medical research. We began treatment with the least invasive option, and if it failed, we agreed would proceed to the next, more intense level of intervention. I appreciate his personalized approach to my treatment. Due to my history of previous losses (RPL) I had a tremendous amount of anxiety surrounding my treatment and early pregnancy. I really believe Dr. Pinto handled my anxiety better than any other provider (all OBGYNs) I'd ever worked with during my infertility journey. He even called me at nearly 8pm one evening to discuss the results of my blood work with me. I noticed that a previous reviewer stated that a nurse conducted all of her monitoring appointments. I received care in the Grapevine office, and Dr. Pinto conducted every single monitoring appointment himself. Needless to say, I saw Dr. Pinto a lot, and I believe he truly believe he cared about the outcome of my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Repromed Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Vicki)
Vicki was so kind throughout the entire process. She was great about returning my phone calls in a timely manner, providing encouragement and scheduling appointments that worked with my schedule.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
Dr. Pinto has a big personality. Yet, I experienced him as a knowledgeable professional, so I welcomed his personality. It was nice to feel like I was working with a real person, and not just another staunch, detached medical professional. Perhaps most importantly, Dr. Pinto inspired a glimmer of hope during a very trying time in my life. Treatment with Dr. Pinto was successful (on our first cycle), and I am currently 29 weeks pregnant.
Ask questions about your diagnoses/treatment plan! Infertility is complex, baffling and draining. By gaining a better understanding of my situation, and I regained some sense of control (and sanity).
We paid close to $1,000 out of pocket for medications, lab work, monitoring, diagnostic imaging for one cycle that resulted in my current pregnancy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The doctors travel to so many clinics [Repromed Fertility Center] and you have to go to the one they are at that day.... I had appointment mixups all the time.... I showed up to the McKinney clinic once and it was locked. I called the main line and was told that they forgot to change my appointment and was asked if I could instead drive to Dallas right then.... The wait time was FOREVER every time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
The wait time was FOREVER every time. You end up having to drive ALL over the DFW area for each appointment. The doctors travel to so many clinics and you have to go to the one they are at that day. This was very inconvenient for me since I was working while undergoing treatments. They were rarely friendly or compassionate. I had appointment mixups all the time.
I hated going to my appointments. I did not like Dr. Pinto's bedside manner and felt no personal connection to him. At the time I thought it was just because I was sad about even having to go to a fertility clinic however after I switched clinics I can say that it was 100% him and his clinic.
They did not give me adequate information at each appointment which left me with several questions later that evening. I felt like an annoyance every time I called to ask a question or inquired about something. I had to find out from the hospital that my egg retrieval time had changed, not a peep from the nurses. The wait time for a call back was forever. They were not accommodating at all.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
I did not receive detailed information from him which was very frustrating. I dreaded my appointments. I felt like just a number to him and no personal connection. Infertility was the hardest thing I had faced and I felt like I was not receiving and compassion. My husband did not care for him either.
Do not go to this clinic, find a different one instead. There are much better choices in the DFW area.
Birth control and Lupron before starting a cycle and then we moved to stimulation drugs. The IVF process at this clinic was very long and drawn out.
The IVF cycle was a package we bought.
IVF, Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
The clinic [Repromed Fertility Center-Dallas] was convenient to where I lived at the time and the nurses were nice enough. Other than that, I don't recommend this clinic because I don't respect Dr. Pinto...Another specific thing I don't like about this clinic: They make you shave and/or trim your pubic hair for hysteroscopy... I found it demeaning...[Nursing Staff] all I remember is thinking that they were very nice and organized!... The only thing that I remember thinking was expensive was that the hysteroscopy was performed at an off-site out-patient facility that charges about $1,000 just for using the facility for several hours.
IVF, Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
The clinic was convenient to where I lived at the time and the nurses were nice enough. Other than that, I don't recommend this clinic because I don't respect Dr. Pinto (please see my discussion above for more on this). Another specific thing I don't like about this clinic: They make you shave and/or trim your pubic hair for hysteroscopy. This is not standard practice and I found it demeaning. I've had 6 hysteroscopies and the only time I had to prep my pubic hair was for Dr. Pinto. Not sure what that's about. I was reflecting on my experience at this clinic and wanted to write about two positive experiences I had: (1) I had partial ovarian torsion at one point during the one clomid cycle I did under Dr. Pinto's care and the doctor or nurse (can't remember!) on call took it really seriously and helped us figure out whether or not we needed to go to the emergency room. (2) I asked Dr. Pinto for a referral to a therapist and he gave me the name of someone I then went to for several months and she was FANTASTIC. Probably the best therapist I have ever been to. So I am grateful for those two things.
Dr. Pinto took a lot of time to meet with me and my husband and explain our situation which I really appreciate. However, one of the things that he did that I really did not like is that when he was talking to both of us he tended to make more eye contact with my husband than with me. He also didn't check in with me to make sure I understood. My husband is a doctor so that might have been part of what was going on in this situation. Regardless, it was not good doctoring for him to be doing this. He also made a number of comments that were off-putting. At one point, he said that we were "old" - maybe we were by Dallas standards - but at the time my husband was 32 and I was 34 so we really weren't that old in the infertility world!
I don't remember too much. All I remember is thinking that they were very nice and organized!
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
I went to Dr. Pinto for an infertility work-up. I had already been diagnosed with PCOS causing anovulation and had taken clomid 6 times, resulting in 2 miscarriages (a blighted ovum at 8 weeks and a chemical pregnancy) and was having a very light almost non-existent period each month. This had all been under the treatment of an ob/gyn in California where I was living before. After doing the infertility work up, Dr. Pinto said everything looked good except for my uterus which seemed to show a large polyp on a saline ultrasound. When I went in for the hysteroscopy, he diagnosed me with severe "Asherman's Syndrome" and tried to cut away the intrauterine scars. I did not talk to him for over a week after the procedure; he talked to my husband briefly right after the procedure and told himabout the Asherman's Syndrome diagnosis and then headed out on a vacation. I get that doctors need vacations (my husband is a doctor), but I thought it was really weird that he didn't schedule a time to talk to me about the diagnosis since it was a really big deal and I wanted to know more about the severity of the scarring since that matters for prognosis and I also wanted to know more about the post-op protocol. This was the beginning of things going downhill in our doctor-patient relationship. I felt like I had to hound Dr. Pinto for a meeting. When we finally met with him, he was really rude about the procedure and his vacation and answering my questions. I get that I am doing some shooting the messenger here. I probably would not have been happy with any doctor who told me that I had this diagnosis. But these are the moments when infertility patients need extra care and attention - when they are scared and don't know what's going to happen next! After taking estrogen for three weeks and then progesterone to induce a period, I had another saline ultrasound one month after the first hysteroscopy. Just based on the saline ultrasound, Dr. Pinto said my lining looked bad and there was nothing else he could do for us and that we needed a gestational carrier. My husband and I both felt like he did not seem to want us as patients anymore and was kind of "firing" us by saying we needed a gestational carrier. I was distraught. I now know for a fact that a saline ultrasound after one hysteroscopy is not the standard of care for Asherman's Syndrome patients. You cannot tell how the lining is without performing a repeat hysteroscopy and it's not true that there is nothing else to do at this point. This is when we left Dr. Pinto's practice and went to another fertility doctor in Dallas and also started going to our doctor in California for subsequent hysteroscopies. The California doctor did two more hysteroscopies and then said we could try to get pregnant. The California doctor did not know what Dr. Pinto saw on the initial hysteroscopy but he did not think it was severe Asherman's Syndrome and he also did not think you would be able to say there is nothing else to do after performing one hysteroscopy. Moreover, some doctors think that you can get better results if you place a balloon in the uterus after a hysteroscopy. This was not done, nor was I given the option for it, nor did I even consent to a hysterscopy for lysis of adhesions from Dr. Pinto. If I had been given the choice, I may not have even wanted him to be the doctor who initially cut away the scars.
I went to Dr. Pinto because he was convenient to where I lived at the time. Convenience matters when you think you will be doing a lot of monitoring. However, if you have an at all complicated case, I would go to a different doctor. I don't think Dr. Pinto had a good handle on the latest research relating to our situation. We would ask for evidence on things and he would just talk about his clinical experience. I'm sure if you got a good result with this doctor, you would like him because he was very personable. But seriously, stay away if your situation is complicated.
I already explained this above.
I don't remember paying anything for my care. I think an infertility work-up was covered by our insurance plus the hysteroscopy was a medical treatment that was also covered. The only thing that I remember thinking was expensive was that the hysteroscopy was performed at an off-site out-patient facility that charges about $1,000 just for using the facility for several hours. Other than that, surprisingly there were no bills. I always wonder if Dr. Pinto just wrote the whole thing off because he felt bad for us?!
I have no thoughts on this. We didn't get there with this doctor.
Dallas
Some people are critical because his [Dr Anil Pinto] nursing staff does a lot of your "in-between" appointment where they are just monitoring follicular growth. I actually found to this to be beneficial because it made my appointments [at Repromed Fertility Center] fast and easy -- no waiting or delay, so I could schedule my appointment in the morning and then go to work. I was actually sad when I "graduated" to my OB to be leaving his care and that of his staff. Finally, his staff bent over backwards to work with my insurance company, who was a bit of a pain. If I were just a number or a walking cash machine, there is no way they would have spent hours on the phone trying to get me the coverage they knew I was entitled to have.
First, my treatment schedule was never based on dates or times that were "easier" for him or his staff -- it was based on what my body was doing. Second, his staff -- from the nurses, to the front desk, to the people who draw your blood -- is amazing. They know you, talk to you, answer all of your questions, ect. I emailed my poor nurse, Marci, probably 10,000 times throughout this process, and she was always excellent. Some people are critical because his nursing staff does a lot of your "in-between" appointment where they are just monitoring follicular growth. I actually found to this to be beneficial because it made my appointments fast and easy -- no waiting or delay, so I could schedule my appointment in the morning and then go to work. I was actually sad when I "graduated" to my OB to be leaving his care and that of his staff. Finally, his staff bent over backwards to work with my insurance company, who was a bit of a pain. If I were just a number or a walking cash machine, there is no way they would have spent hours on the phone trying to get me the coverage they knew I was entitled to have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Repromed Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marci)
The nursing staff is amazing. I cannot overstate that enough.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
He is very matter-of-fact, which I appreciated. He explained everything to me like I was an educated adult, and empowered me to make the decisions that were best for me. He never tried to push me into one course of treatment or another. He explained each treatment, the pros and cons of them, and based on literature, the most successful outcome. Some people think he is too abrupt, but he is actually very caring. He doesn't coddle you. He informs you and makes sure that you have all the information that you need to make these important decisions. I found it to be very empowering after having spent three frustrating years trying to get pregnant with no success on my own.
If you want someone to "there-there" you, he might not be the best doctor for you. He never overstates the issues -- you'll never hear him say that you have to use donor eggs, or that you'll never get pregnant with it IVF -- but he does give you the straight up scientific data on your odds of successful treatment. If you want someone who will treat you like an educated and informed adult, capable of making your own treatment decisions, he is absolutely perfect for you. And don't be off-set by his matter of factness. He cares about you, and he wants your treatment to be a success.
Maxed out insurance lifetime max at $25,000; additional out-of-pocket at $20,000. This included three rounds of IVF egg retrieval (one of which had to be cancelled), and one implantation.
2012 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I suppose a disconnect between a doctor's care and the billing department is relatively normal. In no way do we resent Dr. Escobar for the shock we felt when told about the cost of proceeding with IVF (which we opted not to do). Our insurance plan was from New Jersey so compared to plans from Texas, our coverage was generally excellent. Families in north Dallas suburbs are notoriously affluent, and there seemed to be a sentiment that $6K should be an easy check to write. We simply weren't that liquid! To be fair, I never followed up with the clinic about alternative payment options, other than to tell them we wouldn't be proceeding.
2012 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
I also don't remember much about the nursing staff. I don't think I had a designated nurse or coordinator. I did receive adequate instructions from a nurse in a private office within the clinic, on the home injections, and felt comfortable during that process. Overall, I don't have any complaints about the nurses but I also don't have any outstanding moments that I can recall being thrilled.
What specific things went wrong at Repromed Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center?
Overall, although we didn't end up with the result we wanted, I was happy with Dr. Escobar and the clinic in Dallas. I don't think he's at that clinic anymore though. Our treatment was a few years ago and I don't remember all the details, but I do remember that Dr. Escobar was very kind, understanding and direct. We understood the process and the next steps all the way through our treatments. I saw him every time I had an appointment. He has a very casual bedside manner and is easily relatable. After my 1st or 2nd failed IUI, I had the uncomfortable dye test and he was great during the procedure. It was painful and he kept me calm throughout.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center.
Our insurance covered the meds and IUI treatments. It would have covered the IVF cycle, but the clinic's lab was not approved/covered by our carrier. The lab costs for the IVF cycle were going to be $6K.
Julian Escobar
2012 - 2015
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
[Repromed Fertility Center - Dallas] has high quality and highly trained nurses who do most of the ultrasound check-ups. They are more than capable to do this, which allows him [Dr. Pinto] to focus on the more difficult procedures....[Nurses] Always available by phone or e-mail, which I used several times with questions. Responsive, caring, friendly, upbeat. She delivered news about my miscarriage in a sincerely caring way...Some of the billing got messed up when a new employee came, but the office manager fixed it.
2012 - 2015
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
Some of the billing got messed up when a new employee came, but the office manager fixed it. Otherwise, no problem getting appointments convenient for my work schedule. They were always very personable to interact with.
Dr. Pinto was very caring, professional, and interested in me as a person. He is very accepting of single moms and LGBT. His staff are wonderful too.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
Dr. Pinto is very personable, straightforward, caring, and passionate about creating life for people wanting to become parents. He explains patiently and clearly whatever we are discussing and gives me adequate time to ask questions. When my child was born premature and in the NICU, he called to check on how we were doing.
Dr. Pinto has high quality and highly trained nurses who do most of the ultrasound check-ups. They are more than capable to do this, which allows him to focus on the more difficult procedures. I had no problem with this, but some patients expect the doctor to be there every single time. That is impractical and unnecessary and costly. Usually I saw the same nurse each week for my ultrasound check-ups before and after getting pregnant.
I appreciated that Dr. Pinto was conservative about putting in the minimum number of embryos. With my second child, he only put in one because I had previously had a premature baby, due to incompetent cervix, and he knew the risk with twins would be too high of them being born too early. He is very conservative, which I really appreciate.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The office staff makes this clinic [Repromed Fertility Center] TERRIBLE! Not friendly at all. They have horrible follow through. They don't return calls, they don't do simple things like fax, email , etc. I don't recommend this clinic simply based on the office staff...I could never get answers from them [the nurses]. They would never return my calls. They were not friendly AT ALL. This is the main reason I would advise against this clinic.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
The office staff makes this clinic TERRIBLE! Not friendly at all. They have horrible follow through. They don't return calls, they don't do simple things like fax, email , etc. I don't recommend this clinic simply based on the office staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center?
The first time I met him, for an HSG it was very quick and just to the point.
I could never get answers from them. They would never return my calls. They were not friendly AT ALL. This is the main reason I would advise against this clinic.
What specific things went wrong at Repromed Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center?
Dr. Escobar was nice and friendly. He fully explained to me what he thought I needed as far as treatment went. He discussed a plan of action and possible risks and complications. I told him my fears and concerns and he seemed to recognize those.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask him any questions you have!
Describe the protocols Julian Escobar used in your cycles at Repromed Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He believed I had a hydrosalpinx due to endometriosis and recommended a laparoscopy. I went ahead with the procedure and he was correct. My left tube had a hydrosalpinx and was damaged.
I had to prepay him 3000 before he would do the laparoscopy. The HSG test was 375. My sonohysterogram was 350.
Describe Julian Escobar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Repromed Fertility Center.
Julian Escobar
Dallas
The financial department [at Repro Med Fertility Center] is a joke. The financial head is rude and does not do her job well. I have gone around with her multiple times...Amber was the best nurse I have ever seen...She is so intelligent and shares her knowledge to make the patient more aware of what is going on...We were never told that my husbands sperm analysis was not good. We were only time about the issues I had.
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
The financial department is a joke. The financial head is rude and does not do her job well. I have gone around with her multiple times.
Rarely even saw Dr. Pinto, mainly saw his nurse and when I did it was very short periods of time. Couldn't get much info out of him, had to fish for information about treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Repromed Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Amber was the best nurse I have ever seen, she is the only reason that I stayed with Repromed so long. I would have found a new dr sooner if she hadn't have been there. She is so intelligent and shares her knowledge to make the patient more aware of what is going on.
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
I did multiple cycles and never saw him. He was rarely in the office and when I did see him it was for a very short time. He had very little bed side manner. At times it seemed that he treated my husband much better than he did me, it was almost as if he had an issue with me.
Find someone different.
We never found a reason why I am infertile, diagnose with unexplained infertility. He never told us that my husbands sperm count, motility or morphology was low. We did 3 rounds of clomid and 3 rounds of femera with normal ovulation and normal follicle growth.
2009 - 2015
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They are a really busy office [Repromed Fertility Center] so be prepared to wait. Almost every visit we had a short wait, that is because Dr Pinto and his staff are fully committed to every patient’s needs and their best care. It is always worth the wait...Chondra and all the staff were compassionate and nice. They always answered our questions and never made us feel like we were bothering them.
2009 - 2015
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
They are a really busy office so be prepared to wait. Almost every visit we had a short wait, that is because Dr Pinto and his staff are fully committed to every patient’s needs and their best care. It is always worth the wait.
He was direct and always made me feel like I was important to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Repromed Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chondra)
How was your experience with Anil Pinto at Repromed Fertility Center?
He was exceptional. I have zero complaints about him. His demeanor was pleasant and he never stated anything that gave me false hope. I appreciated his honesty and did exactly what he told me would up our chances of success.
Don’t see him if you want things sugar coated. He is direct about the good and the bad
He treated me with clinics, Femara and my husband with hcg. Eventually we went to ivf.
15,000 ish for everything.
He would not transfer three embryos even though we asked him to. His reasoning was very ethical and we appreciated the education we received.
2011 - 2015
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Pinto always talks to me and treats me like I'm his only patient...talks with me like I am his friend, not a patient. Always asking how I am doing and how my husband is (always calls him by his name) if he is not with me. Very friendly and great bedside manor!
2011 - 2015